Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Cannot Delete Comment From Profile Feed

GXPBlast
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

In my profile feed there is a comment I cant to delete that somebody left. The options are delete, approve and lock.

I tried clicking delete and confirmed when prompted and the comment disappears.

When I refresh the page the comment I just deleted reappears.

Why id the comment posted in my profile feed keep returning when i delete it?

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

In my profile feed there is a comment I cant to delete that somebody left. The options are delete, approve and lock.

I tried clicking delete and confirmed when prompted and the comment disappears.

When I refresh the page the comment I just deleted reappears.

Why id the comment posted in my profile feed keep returning when i delete it?

Hello @GXPBlast, when you click to 'delete' the comment, it will appear not appear to other members as it will be 'hidden' from their view. They are still part of the user record and can be viewed by you. You will not have access to permanently delete the comment however. I hope that helps.

I'll go ahead and close this as the question was addressed.

• Brohoof 2

Hello @GXPBlast, when you click to 'delete' the comment, it will appear not appear to other members as it will be 'hidden' from their view. They are still part of the user record and can be viewed by you. You will not have access to permanently delete the comment however. I hope that helps.

I'll go ahead and close this as the question was addressed.

To add on to what Jeric said, it's generally impossible for anyone to delete statuses or profile comments, even if a moderator or an administrator does it. 

This is intentional: in the past, some people attempted to circumvent moderation by posting something that broke the rules in such a medium, and then deleting it before a mod or admin saw it. This is now impossible.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.