Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever struggle with sleeping?

Haruhi-chan

Thankfully, I have no sleeping disorders of any kind. I go to sleep at 12 am because if I go any earlier than that, I end up lying in bed for hours. The only minor problem is that I never sleep for more than 5 hours (3+2, because I wake up during the night). I wake up after roughly 5 hours and I just cannot get back to sleep.

I am exhausted during the day but I got used to that.

Apart from this, I have no trouble sleeping.

Absolutley I have trouble with getting to sleep and staying asleep.

I was diagnosed with Chronic Insomnia when I was 16  :maud:

On average, I fall asleep after an hour. On a typical bad night, it takes 2 hours. On a typical good night, it takes 30 minutes. On an exceptionally bad night, it takes 4 or more hours. On an exceptionally good night, it takes 15 minutes.

If I have not slept for a full 9-10 hours, I'm a total grump when I get up. I get so groggy in the morning, that if I don't have to get up, I just won't. Not before a full night of sleep.

If I'm not looking forward to doing something, I may sleep for 12-15 hours that morning. It's hard to get me out of bed if I know I'm not going to have a good day.

This puts me in a bad predicament, where sometimes I'll sleep for too long, and then I'll go to bed too late. And then, it may take me a while to go to sleep. Then, the next morning, I'm a little later to wake up. If that process repeats itself too many times, my whole schedule gets turned around, and it's a pain in the ass to fix.

Sometimes, though...

If I'm really looking forward to something, I won't sleep much at all. I'll stay in bed for like six hours straight. Then I'll get three hours of sleep, and perk right up in the morning. The funny thing is that I won't be tired at all. I'll wake up like this, have plenty of energy throughout the day, and then collapse the next night.

4v24N15.png

In short, there is a secret to sleeping well.

Be happy.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a natural night owl. Going to bed at a "normal" time for me is a rarity--despite the fact I have to be up for work in the morning! Really bad combination, I know, but I get more energetic when I'm alone at night...

Not really, I usually fall asleep mere minutes after I get to bed if I'm willing. I attribute this to the number of blankets I sleep under, it's almost like sleeping in a cloud. There are certain times where stress keeps me from falling asleep, but I just pull up my blankets, hug a plushie and I fall asleep soon enough.

• Brohoof 1

Never have.

When I was little, even, I would tug along my long, red blanket to my parent's bedroom and tell them, "Goodnight, I'm going to bed!" Then wander back to my bedroom, shut the door, crawl in the bed, and have a nice sleep c: 

Fast-forward to the present and I stay up pretty late, but I'm tired almost all the time! I never really want to get up, sleeping is so comforting to me. Often times I'll accidentally fall asleep for hours and wake up wondering how long it had been. At one point recently I even woke up confused to a very loud mother telling me to get up and asking me if I had changed into my school uniform already. Then I realized- I had fallen asleep that night early, accidentally, and didn't wake up- I still had on my uniform from the day before. .-. 

Falling asleep is barely ever an issue, too. I can sleep pretty much anywhere xD

• Brohoof 1

It helps. Looking at something VERY SCARY. It frightens you, forcing you to close your eyes. And BOOM sleep. 

A. You'll probably stay up all night, scared shitless and all.

B. And if you DO get to sleep, you'll probably have a nightmare and wake up again an hour or two later.

A. You'll probably stay up all night, scared shitless and all.

B. And if you DO get to sleep, you'll probably have a nightmare and wake up again an hour or two later.

you sir, are genius/smart

I have the worst time trying to sleep!

I have done mile swims, 5+ mile kayaking journeys and school in the same day, and failed to sleep that night at all :(

I have to lie in bed for at least 2 and a half hours before I have a hope of sleep.

From a scary movie that really got me spooked into thinking something's in the shadows trying to get me, then Yes. If, however it's a regular night, it's still a hard time, because my phone is always near me...like how right now is past my bedtime? Yeah...good luck trying to wake me up, self :P

• Brohoof 3