Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever struggle with sleeping?

Haruhi-chan

i dont sleep well at all, i wake up a lot (bed sucks-- i miss my old one) but i have trouble falling asleep as well.... my brain goes 90mph and just doesnt shut up.  i hate it, but i break down and take a sleep aid a lot (i really hate medicines and dont like taking them unless i HAVE to   :( )  Ive started washing my linens with lavender fabric softener, and it helps i think, plus ill read a little before bed.. that focuses my brain pretty good but if im still buzzing, ill load a guided meditation.  thats the best one honestly xD

i dunno if it means anything, but i dream really quickly... even a nap sometimes ill fall into a dream.  also i talk in my sleep.. every night.  im also anemic but i take multivitamins and cook with cast iron to help it out, but most of the time i still feel fog-brained and im slow.  ive slept 12 hrs and woken up AWESOME though.. :/

Edited by SweetJeans88

I do!  I've suffered with insomnia for years.  Sometimes I can go over 48 hours with no sleep :( I find the best thing to do, if I really can not get to sleep, is to get up and do something.  This is especially important for me if I'm worrying over something I need to do... might as well get up and do it haha

I do. I've never been one who could fall asleep exactly when I wanted, but it has gotten a lot worse in the last couple of years since I got my job. Now sometimes it takes two hours to fall asleep, or even more if I'm unlucky. =/

There's a few routines I need to go through before bed, and sometimes if I miss a beat, sleeping can be hard- I usually need an allergy pill to help me sleep for instance. Don't have any trouble most of the time overall though, unless I'm sick or something.

Yep. I'm up most of the night b/c of my troubles of getting to sleep. It usually takes me a bit more than an hour to fall asleep while lying in bed. I'll just lay there with my eyes closed; staring at the clock every so often, watching as the minutes go by.. 

I think the proper term for it is insomnia. I struggle with it ALL the time. In fact, I'm dealing with it right now as I type this. Most of it is due to the stimulant I take for my ADHD, which I've tried to stop taking. It didn't go over very well. :(

Anyway, what about you guys? Do you have any trouble sleeping? Maybe going to sleep?

Yes, sometimes it is hard getting to Luna's warm embrace at night. Lately it's been a bit more of waking up at 3 or 4 am and not being able to get back to sleep. I'll sometimes watch a British show. The accents are usually so soothing it puts me out. Not that they're boring, just very soothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I fall asleep quite easily, especially when i'm very tired though there are times when i'm anxious and in a depressed state, i wake up at around 3-4am and overthink myself to the point of crying. those are the worse days and i'm glad i've gotten to the point where i don't do that anymore :)

Recently, unfortunately yes. Nothing officially diagnosed, but I can't seem to fall asleep until the early AM, which means I seem to not naturally wake up until noon or later. This really bugs me because I am normally an early bird and I like it that way.

If I eat certain foods or drink certain things, I can have trouble falling asleep. It might take me 30 minutes to an hour, or even more, to fall asleep depending on what I do beforehand. I also need silence as well.

Compared to others I seem to have it pretty easy, though.

• 1 month later...

I either sleep too much or not at all.  :o

I'll be unable to sleep for over twenty-four hours, then I'll finally fall asleep, and I'll sleep for twelve to sixteen hours. And then the process starts all over again. 

I think it's because of my depression, anxiety and anxiety meds. My anxiety makes it harder for me to sleep. But my depression makes me want to sleep more, and my anxiety meds cause (major) drowsiness. So they battle each other all the time.  :blink:

• 4 years later...

It happens frequently for me, since I have a lot of anxiety and an inconsistent sleeping schedule. It's gotten better than it used to be, but I still have problems with falling asleep and staying asleep.

Edited by EpicEnergy

All the time. Some nights I get really bad stomach pains from the food I eat and can't even lie down until like two in the morning, and even on nights when I can go to bed at a reasonable time, my mind doesn't stop racing and I lie awake in bed for hours.

It really sucks because early in the year I managed to consistently fall asleep in under an hour, but now I'm lucky to fall asleep in less than two.