Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anti-Brony Logic

Jimmy Page Fan

The thing i dont understand is dont they realize quite a few bronies are Christian? I'm trying to keep this PG so i dont want to go into detail but they also think all of us are uhhhh i cant say the word but it starts with C. Also dont they know theres alot of femail bronies as well? I just dont get their logic but whatever.

Anti-bronies. As with all fads(Justin Bieber, Nickelback,etc.), it probably started out as a joke, as in:
"Hey, you know what would be funny? If we created a group to hate bronies!"
Then everyone jumps in on the bandwagon, reducing the whole idea to nonsense. The less than rational members of the fangroup tend to only make things worse, and the whole thing tends to sink. Eventually, it disappears altogether, and the world goes back to normal. That's how it usually works, anyway, until we came along.

Bronies are a bit different from those other groups, in that our fanbase was both serious and dedicated. People were waiting for the "joke" to end, and it never did. Once it was no longer funny, there was just confusion left. Once that wore off, it turned into hatred.

Of course, they don't just hate us, they're afraid of us and what we represent; change. Specifically, change in a social structure that has existed since as far as anyone can remember. We're doing something different, and it lead to a harsh rejection, like it always does.

Naturally, people gravitated towards the worst insults in an attempt to scare us back under the folds. Anti-bronies just stuck with it.

Anti-bronies. As with all fads(Justin Bieber, Nickelback,etc.), it probably started out as a joke, as in:

"Hey, you know what would be funny? If we created a group to hate bronies!"

Then everyone jumps in on the bandwagon, reducing the whole idea to nonsense. The less than rational members of the fangroup tend to only make things worse, and the whole thing tends to sink. Eventually, it disappears altogether, and the world goes back to normal. That's how it usually works, anyway, until we came along.

Bronies are a bit different from those other groups, in that our fanbase was both serious and dedicated. People were waiting for the "joke" to end, and it never did. Once it was no longer funny, there was just confusion left. Once that wore off, it turned into hatred.

Of course, they don't just hate us, they're afraid of us and what we represent; change. Specifically, change in a social structure that has existed since as far as anyone can remember. We're doing something different, and it lead to a harsh rejection, like it always does.

Naturally, people gravitated towards the worst insults in an attempt to scare us back under the folds. Anti-bronies just stuck with it.

Hate this show is the same as hatting Justin Bieber ya it's pointless but the jokes are funny sometimes 

• 2 weeks later...

The best I can think of can only be summed up here:

1.) As is with pretty much everything, MLP isn't universally liked.

This is the most minor of the reasons. Some people just don't enjoy the show, and that's cool. They probably get irritated with how obsessed many bronies are with MLP, though, and that leads to some anti-brony tendencies in most cases. MLP is popular, though, and that cannot be denied. Anything that becomes popular is going to be hated.

2.) The fandom can be overzealous to a fault.

While I personally see nothing wrong with this in most cases, one thing I do see is that I can be browsing through YT and see MLP spam in the comments. If it were kept to a minimum in a small convo between a couple of people, it shouldn't be a problem. However, I can see comment after comment after comment after comment about MLP on totally unrelated videos. I can totally get how that'd irritate some people.

Throw in the violent inception of this fandom which was rapid and would go as far as to totally kill off some fansites that weren't MLP related, I can understand why some people can be irritated with that much. To go out and abuse people for it isn't cool and never will be, but I can at least understand why they would get pissed about that.

3.) This is the internet, and people will always take advantage of as much.

For the most part, we are granted anonymity over the internet, which is also where most of the brony fandom and anti-bronies will reside. This will not change. You can't do much physical damage to a person over the internet, so your words are effectively your weapons. Throw in the fact you've got pretty decent anonymity and the fact the most policing the internet has is a report button and a kick from whatever site you're on, and you've got people who are willing to run wild and do as they please. A lot of these people are likely not going to be the QB of their high school football team, either. Relative nobodies who usually catch/caught shit in school for not being Johnny High School with the brand new car and the cheerleader babe with the huge rack at his side. They're probably not happy about that and can finally be the big man for once with the liberties provided at once. Throw in the fact that we're usually dudes who like a show that's thought of as being for 7 year old girls, and we're essentially easy targets for these sad, sad people.

Anti-brony and logic? Hah...!

The only time you can use those two terms in a sentence is when the words Has no appear between them.

Now, seriously. You seem to be dwelling on a meaningless issue. You're not supposed to understand them, just as they can't understand you. That's why you're a brony, and they arn't. Their brains don't function similarly to ours. Frankly, i don't really think the whole anti-brony thing is a threat, much less a think to be taken seriously. They are either kids going through puberty and in need of an outlet for their frustration, or maybe just trolls. Or both.

Either way, my friend, you seem to be doing exactly what they want you to do.

Edited by Terminus

Anti-bronies aren't all like that, some are polite, but yes, I do agree with your points. We're bound to be hated, mate, because most haters don't realize that bronies are totally normal people. And some of them are girls, such as mwah.

But seriously your points are good points.

please just dont pay them any attention and just move on its really not worth your time to get worked up about someone calling you gay on the internet and then thinking of a reply. I'm sure you have things you can do that you actually enjoy.

I once met a girl on twitter who was was a hater.

(my twitter is mostly otaku until you look through my pics)

;)

the moment bronies came up she went on and on about

how horrible we were.

I kept trying to explain to her how all her evince was flawed but she was stubborn.

she even showed me this youtube video.... it was like he was cosplaying as a dinosaur Hitler.

:okiedokielokie: I watched one minute of it before I turned it off.... I was at least 90% sure this guy was being sarcastic

and she just wasn't realizing it.

finally before it got too awkward I told her I was a brony.

it went on and on again. this time she was trying to "save" me from being brain washed.

she seriously believed the show would brain wash me  ^_^

finally it dawned on me.

otaku are frequently portrayed as being attract to anime characters.

so I knew if I compared brony stereo types to otaku ones sh would understand.

and guess what! B)

she did. though she still didn't like the show she understood what she was was wrong about the fandom.

-_- though I'v only had one experience like this with a brony hater

among the trolls there are people hating on mlp fim simply because they were misinformed. 

I'm not saying you should give the trolls a banquet by trying to convince them how good the show is.

I'm just saying that other fandoms have the same problems and if we remind them of that.

there's a good chance that the'll realize we're not that different.

>_> but then again good chunk of anti bronies are just trolls looking for reactions...

these days I just block them and forget them.

having to debate or argue for hours is really tiring. -_-

1. "Bronies are gay and are attracted to ponies."

That's the stupid thing about most homophobes. They think Liking the Same Sex and having sex with children is the same thing,when it's not. Last I checked so long as you're over the age of 18 you can be with who ever you want so long that it's not a minor. Also being attracted to ponies is bestiality. And last I checked bestiality is not homosexuality. What I really don't like about the public now is that it's ok to do something If Guys like it and girls are ok with it. Which is bull. A girl can get away with Liking Power Rangers or Dexter's Lab or even kissing a girl and no one cares, but a Man that likes MLP is suddenly a "gay pedo". -_- Atleast we know that we're the open minded ones that might make the future better.

Edited by Vickram101

• 7 years later...
On 2014-09-14 at 3:12 AM, Malinter said:

One of the true cancers of the internet is hate and people using it to spread hate. A show about coloured ponies being friends is the complete opposite of that.

So true! Regarding the gay pedophile stereotype, if that were true we would be making clop material of young colts rather than the Mane Six and other adult female characters.