Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's with the lack of info on Season 5?

Sakaki Yuya

I've been checkin on Equestria Daily like....daily, and every signle time I find there is still not even the tiniest hint for what comes season 5.

God, it's the middle of september and we don't have even the slightest idea of a release date.

Why is Hasbro still withholding any information for season 5? They have to reveal something major soon.

Its the beginnng of fall for god's sake

• Brohoof 2

Maybe they want to surprise us with a very good episode.

I have no doubt Season 5 will be one of the best seasons. Thanks to the S4 finale I have high expectations from the show now.

• Brohoof 9

Hasbro has been saying "coming 2015" for S5, so I assume that's why there's little info on it. I bet it will be amazing once it comes, though.

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 1

In the words of Nicole Oliver at this past BronyCan, "Look, a moose!"

(Seriously, the animation staff and directors said they're working on it right this moment, but that's all they can say at the moment.)

• Brohoof 4

I think it's just timing at the moment. As someone else has mentioned they showed recently that they were story boarding and although at this point they're probably further along there's still a few things they need to get done before they can really show anything. The voice overs, song directing, things like that. You can probably expect something soon.

And they have shown a little bit on the first episode which if you payed attention to what was being said covered what they would be doing first episode. So that alone is some good info.

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 2

It's probably also that they're focusing their promotional efforts on Rainbow Rocks. They've been doing a ton of RR promotion.

In two weeks after it premieres it's likely we'll start hearing about S5 since it's the next big thing coming up.

• Brohoof 6

Maybe this is for the best. It gives them a chance to surprise us and not make assumptions too quickly and try and spoil the plot for ourselves. I actually almost regret watching the storyboard sneak peeks that were revealed at bronycon because I'm already making predictions about what will happen in the opener. It could still surprise me, and I hope that it does, but in future, I think I'll avoid reading any information for the sake of being surprised and enjoying the episodes more. I remember how exciting it was just watching through every single MLP episode for the first time when I got into the show. I had no idea what each episode was about, but the constant excitement just kept me watching. So I'm going to try and go with a similar approach with this new season.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe this is for the best. It gives them a chance to surprise us and not make assumptions too quickly and try and spoil the plot for ourselves. I actually almost regret watching the storyboard sneak peeks that were revealed at bronycon because I'm already making predictions about what will happen in the opener. It could still surprise me, and I hope that it does, but in future, I think I'll avoid reading any information for the sake of being surprised and enjoying the episodes more. I remember how exciting it was just watching through every single MLP episode for the first time when I got into the show. I had no idea what each episode was about, but the constant excitement just kept me watching. So I'm going to try and go with a similar approach with this new season.

Ya I'm avoiding almost all spoilers for S5, which is a drastic change of pace for me.

It's probably also that they're focusing their promotional efforts on Rainbow Rocks. They've been doing a ton of RR promotion.

In two weeks after it premieres it's likely we'll start hearing about S5 since it's the next big thing coming up.

This guys. It's bad marketing to focus on too many aspects of your IP at once. Late October will start to see a trickle of info and maybe some stills and MM hints. :D

• Brohoof 1

The Hasbro hype train is focused on Rainbow Rocks right now. Once that comes out, we can expect to see increasing amounts of information about season 5. Be patient, yo. I too long for the return of ponies, but we must wait for a little longer.

• Brohoof 2

Being spoiler free is good. Its gives us less of an idea of what to expect from the episode or the season as a whole. We already have animatics that we got from SDCC of the first episode of the season which did set up a lot of things for the future of season 5.

We got a lot of information on season 4 before it was released and that created both too much hype and overly high expectation for season 4, which almost ruined the season as a whole for me. Less spoilers we get, the less we can hype it, so our expectations of it are slightly lower, so each episode feels better than what it would if we had a lot of spoilers.

The reason we have no release date is possibly because they cannot be certain at what date it will be released because maybe it is not that far into creation yet, so they cannot give an accurate prediction of when all the work will be done.

S5 isn't till probably February, so it's still a bit early. For all we know, layout hasn't begun. If it is Feb, then to be on pace with S4, Layout won't begin till Oct, maybe even as late as Nov 1st.

We still dont know when exactly its coming out, hub said on twitter its 2015, than on the rainbow rocks fack sheet it said nov...

It doesn't come out until early 2015 and they don't wan't to have a big gap between revealing info and airing it. We will probably get more info on Season 5 around November. I'm fine with waiting because in the mean time I have plenty of time to check out a lot of other cartoons, play my games, and school.

We still dont know when exactly its coming out, hub said on twitter its 2015, than on the rainbow rocks fack sheet it said nov...

My guess is Feb if the gap between seasons stays the same as S3-S4, as well as the gap between the movie and the FiM premiere. Given that, if the gap between initiation of Layout and premiere stays the same, then S5 layout starts on or before Nov 1st.

I don't really like doing analysis like this anymore, but I did guess this much.

Like others have said before me, there hasn't been any info for season 5 lately due to Hasbro focusing all of their attention on the upcoming Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks movie coming out next Saturday actually.

I actually like that we haven't gotten much info regarding the new season other than the animatic that was shown at comic con this year. Once the hype over Rainbow Rocks dies down, I'm sure we'll hear from Hasbro and DHX and hopefully they'll give us an update on the status of Season 5. We can only go so long without ponies you know  :okiedokielokie:.

May I remind you of long and gruesome wait that many of us had to endure between season 3 and 4? Yeah, i'm pretty sure none of us want to ever have to go through that ever again :) 

• Brohoof 1