Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's with the lack of info on Season 5?

Sakaki Yuya

I've seen two sources saying it's coming out late November, and 3 or 4 saying it's coming out early 2015. Jumping on the bandwagon, I like the fact they're withholding spoilers and stuff.

"Late Nov." came from a source who spoke with someone high up the chain, but is probably outdated info. Seth started saying late Nov. for awhile too because he has the same source. It could still be late Nov., but I doubt it. They always do what I doubt they'll do, so you can pretty much count on late Nov. now.

"Late Nov." came from a source who spoke with someone high up the chain, but is probably outdated info. Seth started saying late Nov. for awhile too because he has the same source. It could still be late Nov., but I doubt it. They always do what I doubt they'll do, so you can pretty much count on late Nov. now.

Indeed. I really do hope it comes out in November though, their Christmas episodes are always great.

I was kind of expecting it to come out in 2015.

And of course we still have that Rainbow Rocks movie, don't we?

I don't know where this November thing came from though.. Maybe.. They made a mistake..!  :umad:

Imagine the disappointment come November. Okay, I'm going to leave before I jinx it any further..

*slowly backs away*

• 4 weeks later...

bump.

whelp rainbow rocks has come and gone, and still no s5 news. They even said there was nothing new to sare the at NY hasbro panel.

Whats goin on here? still no news? Will they really wait til 2015 to premiere? We can only go on with no ponies for so long.

This is because the production schedule of the show is changing. What used to be a fall-season show is now a winter-season show. With every passing season, the release date is pushed back further and further. This is either to ensure quality control, to enable the airing of the full season with minimal off-weeks, or both.

This is because the production schedule of the show is changing. What used to be a fall-season show is now a winter-season show. With every passing season, the release date is pushed back further and further. This is either to ensure quality control, to enable the airing of the full season with minimal off-weeks, or both.

my reaction to this possible hasbro plan:

• Brohoof 1

I'm both happy and anxious that they're not showing news. Happy because I can focus on Doctor Who, and anxious because I want some info!!!

• Brohoof 1

Well obviously there's no date.(Definitely not before mid-November.) We might even have to wait until January or so.)They did say coming 2015.) And as others have said, the marketing department is focusing on Rainbow Rocks.

I think it's probably just kinda early, I mean they have the release date pending as like 2015, so we still have a while.

And honestly, I don't mind the lack of info to much, I don't want to know everything about the season before it even comes out, i like to be surprised, and I try not to spoil myself to much.

There's also Rainbow Rocks promotions, as others have said.

• Brohoof 1

Hi everypony! im new here! im just wondering about season 5 myself, is it coming out in 2015? and when may it be released? i cant find any specific information on when season 5 will be released? i guess theres no info on that?

Wait...how is that outdated info? I see no reason for it not to be a possibility, nor do I see proof saying that it's outdated :confused:

Wait...how is that outdated info? I see no reason for it not to be a possibility, nor do I see proof saying that it's outdated :confused:

Key layout for S4 started on or around July 1st 2013, and the episode aired Nov 23rd. Layout for S5 seems to have started some time in September, so you can expect a bit of a shift forward of dates, from that layout initiation point. I'd probably have a more exact date for when layout started, but I don't pay attention even remotely as much as I used to. 

Then there's the fact that the S5 finale script wasn't locked in until Sept 16th, and presumably recorded as early as the 23rd. Compare that to S4, where the finale script was locked in June 20th, and the premiere was Nov 23rd. To maintain that same gap, the premiere would be Feb. 28th, and the finale August 8th.  

Key layout for S4 started on or around July 1st 2013, and the episode aired Nov 23rd. Layout for S5 seems to have started some time in September, so you can expect a bit of a shift forward of dates, from that layout initiation point. I'd probably have a more exact date for when layout started, but I don't pay attention even remotely as much as I used to. 

Then there's the fact that the S5 finale script wasn't locked in until Sept 16th, and presumably recorded as early as the 23rd. Compare that to S4, where the finale script was locked in June 20th, and the premiere was Nov 23rd. To maintain that same gap, the premiere would be Feb. 28th, and the finale August 8th.  

Might I have a source for all this?

• Brohoof 1

Might I have a source for all this?

According to some tweets made at the time, one of the key layout artists I follow wrapped up with Pound Puppies mid June 2013, and was on MLP in the first week of July, apparently working on a Saturday. So that tells me when S4 layout started. S5 layout is more open ended, since we only have some tweets leading me to believe they were back on it, but with no definite start date.

As for when the S4 and 5 finale scripts were locked in, those come from tweets from Meghan. S4 was tweeted out june 20th 2013, and S5 I believe on Sept 16th or 17th of last month.

I have to admit, I'm getting pretty anxious to see S5. Sadly, I'm pretty sure it'll be released in early 2015 instead of late 2014.

This is my first time actually waiting for a season of MLP to begin.

We have to prepare ourselves for the sheer amount of fabulosity we're going to get smacked with.

Prepare yourselves, and look upon her, for she is Rarity.

attachicon.gifmad_empress_rarity_by_magister39-d7gm0a6.png

Rarity takes over Equestria in S5 confirmed Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 1