Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom

"That's just it," the elder brother replied, attempting to lower his voice down to a whisper. "Those who leave are forgotten. Unless... unless everything I've been taught was a lie. Maybe they're only forgotten to stop others from thinking about them and they could continue on with their lives. What if only the elders withheld this information and only they know about it?"

And that is a what if that left Lin questioning her belief in her clan as well. Despite her new appearance, she managed to pick up a few things from her brother's conversation with Omen through her heightened hearing. What if it were ruse? The whole scene hid lies but the nature of such a thing confounded her. Who was lying indeed? The messenger? And if the messenger was true to his word that the clan was sorry for them, what does that say about the elders? They were true to their word and never went back on finalized matters.

"Brother, there's a catch to going home, is there?" Lin turned to her brother in worry, her tone softened as her eyes met Sen's and Omen's.

"They took a big risk sending an old friend here." He then looked to his friend and continued. "Why? After all this time, why did they send you?"

"I know you have no reason to trust me or the clan, but they are sorry about what happened and they want to make it up to you. The elders have come to an agreement that they will welcome you back as long as you leave this life behind. Everyone you've made contact with, your companions, even... even Lin."

As he ended his spiel, the siblings were stunned into silence, and thus was the catch Sen expected. The offer was only meant for him. He was ashamed of what he said but it was his mission to send a message, and he did just that.

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@EQ_Theta,

"It won't happen."

You'd think that the whispering voice of Omen in the heads of all nearby would sound more concerned, or alarmed, by the possibility that Sen could turn his back on everything and return home, but it wasn't. It was as neutral as most things she said, because she didn't find a reason to think it would end that way.

"Even if he leave, or you take him, I can, and will, find him. And you can't keep me away."

The opinion of Sen was secondary in that regard far as she were concerned. She wouldn't let him turn his back on everything and leave them behind, and she had his *scent*. He would be found. Though it hardly seemed like something to worry about. He wouldn't leave her behind, and especially not Lin. Not for a life that he had talked badly about at times, right? Why would he return to that, especially when they had already shunned him once, and now expected him to turn his back on the very reason he left - that being Lin - without a second care? That didn't speak well of them. Though regardless, it all came down to the same thing that she considered a guarantee.

"But you know he won't come anyway, right? He wouldn't leave Lin. Not after looking for this long. It wouldn't make sense."

Discord didn't say something right now, but he seemed oddly satisfied with the situation as it stood right now. The awkwardness of Xin after delivering the harsh message, the stunned siblings, Omen standing up and acting different from what he remembered, and so many other, small things that just set this to the sort of scene that was in front of him. Something which he found amusing, though not something that would keep him silent forever as he floated over to the side of Xin and poked the side of his head with a finger on his paw.

"And what do you think, Xin? How does your elder's words sit with you, hmmm?"

He chuckled slightly, wondering what would come from poking - in several meanings of the word - to Xin, but interested to see what regardless. It could end up so wonderfully chaotic, if helped along the right way.

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom, Astral looked to Misty, then back to Chow. "It could work, but I still need to keep the dark magic stuff a secret." She pointed to Misty. "I think it would still look suspicious if a zebra had dark magic books."

Misty nodded, then she abruptly stopped. "Does this mean I can read them now?"

Astral's look evidenced that she was confused about the question. "If you mean the dark magic books, no. But the others; you were always allowed to read them."

"WHAT!?" Misty's voice scared the birds, squirrels, and Astral, it was probably loud enough that nearby ponies could hear. "I thought I had to ask!"

Astral shushed her. "Despite we're out in the woods, we still need to be quiet. Ponies might be around." She said, turning her head to look ahead. "You didn't have to ask. if you thought that. why didn't you ask?" She said with a quiet tone.

"I was scared. I thought you would say no." She said starting to mope. "Since you talk so much about the powerful spells they contain."

She turned her head back to Misty. "You need the responsibility to use them, if you believe you do. Then try them out, if you don't; you'll know." She lifted up a leg, showing remnants of a scar. "This was before I used warding spells, but once I teach you how to use warding spells. You'll be safe from the physical harm that comes from failing a spell."

"But what about mental or magical harm?"

Astral stopped walking, Misty mirrored her. "It doesn't protect you against that, if those kinds of injuries happen. You have to learn from them." She lifted up the same leg from earlier. "Like I did." She put the leg back down and resumed walking.

Misty took a moment to process what Astral ment from that, before resuming walking as well. "I'm going to learn all I can one we get to gryffindor!"

"That's from Harry Potter."

Misty blushed. "Right." She coughed. "I will learn all I can once we get to griffin stone!"

@@Blitz Boom

"I... don't know. The clan's the only life I ever knew. I wouldn't know the first thing to do if I ever abandoned them."

Xin stepped back in uncertainty, sweat pouring from his head and the droplets slowly running down his face. He was left silent after that but his words were sincere. No one knows for sure how their lives would change the moment they leave the clan, and Sen knew this too well. But the latter, conflicted as he may be, was certain the friend he knew long ago was gone. 

"You know I'll never abandon my sister or my friends, even if it meant having a future of certainty. You know I'm stubborn and look at me know, Xin. I may be weary but I haven't changed one bit. The elders? They're trying to scare you into staying; they want things to remain the way they are when you could be learning about the things they are hiding from you. Haven't you ever wanted to see the world?"

The messenger fell silent but he knew he was beaten. He wouldn't let go of tradition so deeply ingrained in him but his old friend's words may reach the rest of the clan. "Sen, you know I can't just leave, not by myself. I don't want to be alone in a place I don't know about. Please come with me. Take your friend and your sister with you and speak with the elders. Let them hear what you three have to say. Maybe you can reach out to them. Even if it fails, at least you could say you tried."

Lin giddily looked to Omen, hoping she knew what she was thinking about. Sen could use all the help he could get and they were the best candidates. Besides, they are the living examples of what elders should see so they could genuinely reconsider their stance. 

(edited)

@@EQ_Theta,

"Ohoho, that does sound like fun."

Discord felt his mind returning to a plotting mood when the idea of returning to the longma's clan came about. It wasn't specifically said that he could come, but technically they hadn't said he couldn't either. And really, even if they did, who amongst them were going to stop him, the lord of all things chaos, from going?

"I will come."

Omen knew what he was thinking, but she ignored him for now. From what she had seen, the yellow mare could control her master well, and would likely not like the idea of him having the sort of fun that he had in mind. At least, that's what she thought from what she had seen thus far, but she wasn't correct in her short term assumptions about others that often. It might be she were more open minded to Discords schemes and ploys than she gave off, but they'd see in time.

For now, she wandered a few steppes closer to Sen, though her eyes remained on Xin for the time being as she examined the seemingly nervous longma. At least she thought he were nervous. It could be hard to tell if he were simply warm, afraid, or something else instead, when he sweated like he did, and it was harder to identify without any stuttering words or something like it, but it seemed like a nervous thing at least. It didn't really matter that much, but still, it helped in the long run to be able to see the signs.

"If you want to bring it to them Sen, I don't want you, or Lin, to be alone. Not with what I have heard."

There was nothing specifically she had heard about imprisoning others or something like that, but with the exile and other things that she had heard from Sen had befallen him and Lin, she didn't think it made sense for them not to do more harsh things, and if that was to happen, they needed somepony there that could get them away again. Something which Lin hadn't the training to do, far as she knew. At least not regarding the gates, though who knew what else could end up being brought to light after her long stay in the well.

@,

"I haven't got the faintest idea 'bout what *gryffindor* is, but regardless, I'm sure you meant Canterlot sugar. Griffinstone is a whole 'nother kind of place to try and fit in, and I think it'll be best if you didn't have to go through that. Trust me, I was there since I was a tiny little thing, and it makes you strange to grow up there."

He could add some more things about it eternally made you feel like an outsider to be away from the place, and alienated you to pony society if you ever got back to the equine territory, but he'd rather not talk about this sort of thing. It felt wrong badmouthing his home, and he'd have a hard time telling how hard it were to try and fit in amongst the feathered folks without doing that, one way or another.

Then again, she might get more damaged by the magic that she'd be allowed to mess with when they got to a destination and settled down. It was hard to tell as Astral knew much more about magic than he did - heck, Misty might too, just from being around her - but perhaps he should try and stay positive about it instead of thinking it'd harm her. Sure, Astral had mentioned that you had to learn from your mistakes, but she sounded like she'd want the little rugrat to play it somewhat safe at least, so he really should give them both the benefit of the doubt here, and think it safe'ish enough.

"Regarding the dark magic, I'm going on a limb here and say that yeah, it'll be better to hide 'em and hide 'em good. If the guards knows even a whiff of magic, they'll know that sort tend to have some bad mojo associated with it.

Some of 'em can be a bit dense in it though. Friend of mine - well, sort of friend - managed to smuggle some cursed artifacts out of the city once, and didn't get caught because the guards just thought it was dolls he had with him. Closest call I've ever heard Giddon talk about, but I'm sure he'd have gotten out regardless. I think you would... Well, tolerate him if it were. He's not a social lad, and can be a bit of a nuisance to be 'round if you're not used to him, but he's pretty knowledgeable about cursed objects, magical goods and such, which can be helpful at times. As can his connections in the trades of all sorts of things. He tends to help me get connections to sellers willing to sell prime salmon and such for example. Excellent for pet food.

Which kinda reminds me of something I've been wondering. How'd you get all these dark magic books? I mean, I know you said you did so with a purpose, but I can't imagine these sort of things just lies 'round, ripe for the taking.

I ain't gonna ask details if you don't wanna say though. It's your business, and I ain't got a right to dig into places where I shouldn't if it is. Just wondered."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

@Summer Breeze

So, if he couldn't help with anything except make sure that Summer and Blitz didn't do anything stupid, he might as well do that. So Frosty walked slowly over to the spot where Summer and Blitz were playing tag, or something along those lines. He had no intention of joining, since he didn't feel like getting rammed by a wild Blitz, but at least it would be entertaining to watch the two.

He made a somewhat chair-shaped hill of sand with magic, and curled up in it. He watched Summer and Blitz run and fly around for a minute or two before slowly closing his eyes. He knew they were probably going to do things later, and that he probably shouldn't sleep yet, but a little nap couldn't hurt, right? Juuuuust a minute. Maybe two, or three...

After a minute or so, Frosty was fast asleep, curled up in a little ball in his sand-chair.

@@Blitz Boom

"It's going to be a long way back to the clan's home, everyone." Sen turned to those present, though Fluttershy had just come in to the living room to join the others and assumed what Sen had to say didn't include her. "I doubt they'll be happy to see the exiles again after so long but maybe it's time to bring ourselves back to the light. I'll admit right now I can't wait to see the look on their faces when the young longma they say no longer exist come back to haunt them."

Lin walked up to her brother and gave him a pat on the back in assurance that she'll be ready to help him any way she can. There is a problem though. Theoretically, her powers should grant her the ability to travel to places she's already been to and she still knows the clan's home as if she never left it. In practice, it was an uncertain prospect. 

"Omen," Lin began, turning to Omen for guidance. "Would my powers be able to take us to our destination? I mean, it could but I haven't done it before. Is it possible to mess up and take us to places short of the clan's home?"

@@Blitz Boom, Astral sighed. "It's fine, my father had them, don't know why." She lowered her head. "He's alive by the way, part of what little family I have left."

Misty actually leapt up to hug Astral. For no announced reason. "I'm family too!" Misty said while messing Astral's hair up.

Astral was chuckling as she tried to remove Misty from her hair, literally. "I know!" She said succeeding in removing Misty and setting her on the ground. "No need to mess my hair up over it." She said brushing her hair out of her face with her hoof. "Anyways, I really don't know where they came from. Just that my father had them for some reason. Maybe he knows." She looked to Ponyville. "But it's probably best not to ask until Ponyville is no longer under attack, since he lives there."

Misty had a bit of a panicked look. "Is he safe?"

"He has a warding spell on him, placed on him by my mother, he should be fine." Misty let out a 'Whew!' as she wiped off some sweat. "I suspect he would've moved out when the attack happened with the other ponies if he didn't have it." She turned to Chow. "Actually, are they taking the ponies to Canterlot as well? That is, the ones who aren't injured?"

@@Frosty Frost,

@@Summer Breeze,

Lyriel had wandered with Frosty towards the beach in silence, enjoying the fresh breeze that came from the ocean. It was very different from what sort of winds she were used to in the valley, though it wasn't really in an unpleasant way. It was refreshing, and smelled like life, compared to the gentle breeze she were used to, that at times felt stale and heavy.

Much like Blitz, she had never been to a beach before and didn't really know what to expect as they had gotten down there, though the sand wasn't exactly it, and left her in an unfortunate situation. That being her, almost tripping over the first pile that gave way under her step. She managed to keep up on two legs, but it didn't look very gracefully as she tumbled around with panic on her face for a hot second before getting control over herself again.

She was used to ground being simple and firm, or at times give somewhat in if it was muddy from rain, but this was both dry, and gave way more than the earth she were used to step upon, and it had taken her by an abrupt surprise. Not wanting it to happen again, she stepped slowly and carefully over the sand beneath her after that, learning step by step how she should wander in this, though not finding herself to be a great fan of it. Perhaps another time, after trying this more that would change, but for the time being, she just stepped over to Frosty and looked over the scene in front of them, with the mare and the filly playing in the dunes.

Lyriel was about to say something to Frosty about how they seemed to have great fun when she looked down and noticed that he had nodded off, and she felt silent, though with a great smile spreading on her face at the peaceful visage.

___________________________________________________________________________________

@@EQ_Theta,

"Getting to our home is easy. To go from there and to somewhere specific isn't as easy. But we can try."

Omen took a step to the side and looked around her, finally settling on a small space where there not rally anything in the way. That being the doorway more or less, regardless of it being closed. They weren't going to need that door either, if they did this.

"If you can open gates, the air should feel thin when you focus on it. Like paper. Find a place you want to make a hole, then focus on poking a dot through the paper with your mind. Then expand it, until it looks like this."

Through the last parts of the brief explanation, Omen opened the pinprick-sized hole in the middle of the air as she usually did when opening a gate, before rapidly, and quickly, expanded it, until a gate was standing in front of them, almost filling the doorway and reaching a few inches away from the floor.

"Mother said it was how to explain it. And that when you wanted to make it smaller, or close the gate, it was the same, but in reverse. To mend the air."

As she said it, so was it too, down to the last blip of the pinprick closing and leaving no trace that she had ever done this.

"Try it. and see if it works. Let us see how your gate would look, and perhaps we try to make you track something you know."

There was no guarantee that the gate would look like the circle that Omen tended to go with if Lin could make her own. It was just how she tended to make it form, though for Lin it might be a triangle, a rectangle, an irregular shape, or something else. It was hard to say before seeing it, but she didn't think it would be looking all that smooth the first time around. It hardly ever did with anty any of them that were born like this, and Lin likely wasn't better off. Though they'd see. Might be that she would surprise them.

"And don't worry if it gets too big. Gates can't break through anything, it just grown on it. Like paint, but tasting less strange, and going away faster."

@,

Huh, so Astral did have some family still. That was a relief at least. For a while now he had been thinking that she had been left all by her lonesome. If you excluded Misty, which the lil' one made sure they didn't soon after the issue of family getting taken up.

He couldn't gauge if sh e were on good terms with him though. Yeah, she had gotten some pretty dark stuff from him, so they had to have been pretty close at least at some point, as you didn't just show anypony that sort of thing, but if he lived in town, then why were she relegated to living in the woods? Might be by choice, or because he were better at keeping a low key than the magical earth pony mare he'd raised, but it still sounded a bit iffy to him.

"Perhaps something to ask him 'bout some other time, yep, but let's wait 'n see. Ain't gonna be good with a stranger showing up at your door, asking 'bout black magic like that, even if I help you folks out a bit.None of you know me well enough to say if I'm gonna use the intel for something wrong. I mean, I ain't, but if I were in your hooves, I wouldn't believe me yet with something as serious as this.

It'll likely be some time until I see him though, even if I've met him before, since the ponies 'round here ain't gonna be taken to Canterlot. After all the disasters in recent years, some bunkers were build and buried for emergency shelter, in case stuff went down, and that's likely where the town's right now, or headed to at least. Except for the sick ones who's at the hospital. I think there were some security measure there there too, with some of the local unicorns being trained in putting up a barrier to help protect the place for a time, but I wasn't involved with that part of things, so I wouldn't know. I just helped them haul bricks for the bunkers along with Big Mac. Nice guy really, but damn is he a shy lad. Barely spoke a word through the whole thing."

That wasn't completely true. He did speak one word through most of it, but it didn't really count in Chow's mind when it sounded more like a parrot giving a trained response to things. It was okay though. Poor lad had to try and look tougher than he could really be at times since he was the head of the family farm, far as he knew. Him or Applejack, though Big Mac just stroked him as the type that was the one truly keeping it running. At least with the sort of work ethics he had going, jeez. The lad worked like a... Well, you know.

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom

Succulent brought a hoof to her chin in thought, chewing on her tongue as she mulled over what the zegasus had said.

TpNP7Ub.png

"I've had weirder requests, but I can work with this!"  She rushed out the door and back to her cottage.  In a few moments, she returned with her cart, leaving it outside as she rifled through and pulled out a few glass bottles.  Two she carried in her mouth, and another two she carried under her foreleg.

"So I found at least two lemon and two peppermint fragrances you might enjoy," she began, picking them up one by one and reading the labels.  "This one here's called 'Peppermint Patty'.  I originally intended it for candy shop owners with a hankering for mint, and this probably has the most peppermint fragrance in it.  This next one is 'Hearth's Warming Morning', and it starts off with a peppermint high note before descending into base notes of cedar.  For citrus scents, I, funnily enough, have 'Tea Time', which goes from bright lemon to a subtle vanilla, and 'Clean Kitchen', which is simply straight lemon all the way through, but it's a weaker high note."

You could see how unfazed he were too, considering he looked towards the supposed origins of the voice like you would with a thing on a shelf. Somewhat interested in what was up there, but not thinking it was something that'd be a danger. Something he might be wrong in, but for the time being, he hadn't seen something that would disprove this at least.

The bat ponys confused look turned to anoyence noting how zinthar reacted, the thestral looked up at the sky searching for any sign of the speaker "hes right let us go or lead us out, weve been in this mess for too long"

"ONE OF YOU HAS THE OTHER NEEDS TO TEST MORE" the same voice boomed

Cresent looked at zinthar then back at the sky "no more tests no more nightmares or dreams that collapse" he spred his wings zinthar could likely tell how annoyed the batpony was getting

"this ends now let us go!" he called out to the sky

@@Blitz Boom

Lin understood what she was told but there is a world of difference between understanding and actually doing it. And so she locked her eyes at the doorway and began to "poke" the air with her mind, imagining a small hole appear first at the door knob and expanding outwards. She made sure to take it slow and maintain her concentration. It started out difficult, failing to see a hole but the more she thought about seeing a hole, the more it became a reality, and soon she began to let it grow until the gate was just big enough to fit a large colt. 

"Ugh... I think that should do!" Lin exclaimed, marvelling at what she just accomplished. She turned to Fluttershy and bowed her head toward her. "Alright, so we should be heading out now. Thank you so much for accommodating us." The yellow pegasus looked to everyone present and smiled.

"Don't worry about it. And if you ever find your way back to Ponyville, you're always welcome here! I wish you all the best!" 

Sen smiled back and turned to the gate. He was fairly familiar with this method of passage and didn't hesitate to step forward, unlike Xin who second-guessed stepping in but did so anyway. He looked a little squeamish too. Lin was about to take a step in when Sen popped up again with a worried look on his face.

"Sister, are you sure you took us straight to the clan? Because the gate didn't take us there."

Lin was certain she knew what she was doing. Though she isn't alarmed by her shortcoming, she did wonder if the clan moved to a new forest. Only her certainty could be sated by going through and in doing so, she saw before her a barren field. 

@@Blitz Boom,

finally, with her wings summer had managed to get the sand out of her eyes, though they were still a bit teary. when she could see clearly again she noticed two things. one: lyriel and frosty were on the beach now too. and two: blitz was nowhere to be seen.

the first thing that she had noticed made her happy, she waved to her two friends, too far away to see that frosty was asleep. the second thing made her worried, she felt the urge to fly up to be out of the range of the explosive filly that was waiting somewhere, but she had promised not to fly anymore. She looked around to see if she could see the filly anywhere but there really was no sign of her.

she decided to risk it and ran away in a direction and hoped blitz was not there, if blitz did happen to be there then she would turn around as soon as she saw the filly and hope that it wasn't too late, even though it would probably be the end for her. but if she had guessed right and blitz wasn't the way she ran to then she would hide behind a pile of sand too, turning this into a hide and seek game more as a game of tag. 

@@Hazard Time,

Ziggy looked with big eyes as Succulent brought back four bottles, and started to explain what the smells and names of them were. She like the descriptions and the names really, as it sounded nice, but how would the smell be? Well, only one way to really find out.

The first one she reached for were the *Hearth's Warming Morning* curious as to what something that started with mint, but went over into cedar, would smell like, and gently tipped the lid a bit. Not much, but just enough to get the smell out she needed for a good whiff.

"Mmmm, smells nice. I don't really smell th- Oh, there were the cedar. Good after-smell, and not too candy-like. What about the other one?"

The lid was put back and she put the bottle down before reaching with gleeful eyes at the *Peppermint Patty* fragrance. The description of that had really caught her attention during the presentation, but the curious mix of mint and cedar had taken her on a detour before hitting this. And holy molly was it worth the wait as she took a small whiff of the bottle and felt her mouth watering from the delicious fragrance.

"Blaugragh, so good..."

For a brief second she contemplated drinking the concoction, forgetting in that short moment that it wasn't meant for that, before she got to her senses again and put the lid firmly back on it and shook her head to get her head back into the game. After doing that for a bit, she put it down on the table again, and nodded feverishly at Succulent.

"That one! It's perfect. Smells like I'd be worth eating. Or hang on a tree during the holidays, yey!"

She fluttered a little from the ground in glee, thinking about how nice it would be to smell like this more often. Not all of the time, sure, as it felt like a thing for special occasions, but still something that could be used fairly often. Or in case she just really wanted to confuse ponies, which were special in its own way.

As for the last two smells, it was easier to make a decision there. The last one had sounded okay, but the one just before that had really taken her interest, and were the one she went for straight after she had gotten the worst of her gleeful energy out of her system.

The reaction when she took a whiff of that one though, were pretty different. Instead of being all hyper and stuff about it, instead Ziggy just froze, and her eyes glazed over as she seemed to get lost to the world around her.

Inside her head, memories started to stir as the smell of lemon and vanilla drifted along, swirling in circles and carrying the familiar fragrance around her head until tears started to fall from her eyes. She didn't sob, and still looked happy, but she were crying noticeably during her trip down memory lane. About a minute this went on until she finally seemed to get away from it and back to her senses, though it still took her a bit of time to say something after that. And to dry the tears from her face too.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just... Reminding me of my great grandmother. She always carried tea leaves and a pinch of vanilla with her so she could always get her tea her favorite way. She actually carried it around so much that the smell stuck around, even when she had forgotten it."

Ziggy put the flask down and let her hoof wander to the pink pearl necklace around her neck, remembering her late relative a little again from the touch, though she kept herself from crying this time.

"I'd like to buy the Peppermint Patty ones from before, and two of these if you have that, please. I think mom's not the only one who can use this smell sometimes."

@@cwhip9,

Zinthar didn't know if he should be impressed by Crescent finally stopping to play along with this test or whatever it were, or somewhat intrigued about what was going to happen to Crescent now that he challenged... Well, the sky, essentially. Sure, they had both said they wanted to get out, and honestly the feline didn't think that whoever was talking above was going to be able to do much, and seemed like the kind who were more talk than action, but regardless, Crescent had still presented a more challenging reply to it, and it might attempt something in retaliation.

At least, it seemed like the bat pony had done more from his perspective, but they'd see. It all depended on who were hit as the most prominent target if some kind of fury were the rain from the sky, though again, he doubted that whatever pulled them around by the nose had the gals to really do something. Or at least something effective.

"Heh, what he said."

@@EQ_Theta,

"Good, for a first try."

Omen looked at the gate as the others went through it and into what was most definitely not any forest on the other side. The gates of her kind - and to that extend then, Lin - didn't work like that. They transported between the shadowy home and a destination, but home were always the only place you could open a gate to from other worlds. To get to another place beyond that, you'd have to open a gate from there to your destination, which were the harder step, and the next Lin would have to do when they got in there.

For some like Omen that had a long time with this, she were actually able to open one to the home, and from there too nearby without traveling, but even the best amongst them couldn't beyond a few meters without going there. Except Mother perhaps, as she were the first there, but they didn't know for certain, as she never left their home.

Then again, there were... Mishaps, now and again. On occasion, one of them could open a gate and have it somehow fizzle away from the shadowy realm and directly into a second gate that brought you somewhere, though the odds of you getting to the right place there were slim.

It generally happened only rarely, and only with ones not sure how to work the gates that over-focused on the process, which made it a one in a million sort of thing, but she had seen it happen a few times before, and heard of one or two more beyond that.

Before passing through herself though, and see where they now ended, Omen turned around to face Fluttershy and Master Discord.

"Until we meet again, take care of Master Discord, Fluttershy. I can see he needs it."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You changed because of her, and you held back for the same reason, master. I can see it, even if others can't, and I know what it means. I just wonder if you realise it yet, or if you don't want to believe it."

Discord didn't say anything, but instead just grumbled and went back to the couch, unwilling to say anything, but thinking well about how preposterous it were to think that there was something that he didn't know about. Or well, something about himself at least.

"I will se you when you next need me master. And Fluttershy... Thank you for saving him."

With that, she stepped through the gate and rejoined the others through the hole in the world. It was likely not going to last for much longer beyond this if it really were a *flickering* sort of gate, but they'd see. Just as much as they'd see about where exactly they were now, which seemed like nothing but a barren field.

"Do you know this place? Doesn't look like anything special. Not a home for anything either. Perhaps you missed? These sort of gates tend to do. Unreliable, and low odds."

• Brohoof 2

"Heh, what he said."
"ONE LAST TEST" the voice boomed again the world around them seeming to explode in white blinding the both of them when it passed and pending how linded zinthar would be the two would see a hall full of mirrors ahead of them there reflections looking back at them surpringly normal.

"oh for lunas sake" cresent says annoyed

"just show yourself and spar us these theatrics or ill find a way to shut this whole system down with you in it!" he says looking back up at the dark sky now

"I am showing myself to you" a  voice rang around them and all of the reflections of cresent have a red gleam in the eye "one way or another cres only one of us is making it out of this and im done banging on the glass" the red eyed cresent says.

wheather zinthar saw an different self of him in the mirror or not cresent couldn't tell.

"your not leaving you had your chance in ponyville and you wasted it I wont let you try that true coven stunt again

"you got lucky"

"luck has nothing to do with it"

the mirror image seemed to jump from the mirrors tackling cresent cresent punched it back trying to shove it off him the mirror image sprung back with what looked like a red gauntlet to cresent blue one seen before the blade shot out from it a angry tinge of red "fine then lets dance!"

cresent too activated his own blade the electric blue from before and the two charged each other

@@Blitz Boom, "Well... Canterlot is a far more homely place - at least I have found - than many assume at first," Golden Spell began, starting on a major positive about his hometown. "Extremely classy, as you likely know, but not entirely snobbish... like plenty of ponies make it out to be..."

Cyan Flare noticed as her brother's ears twitched slightly, aware of what he could have been thinking of. It had taken place a while ago, and there had not been another issue entirely centered around the changelings since, but Canterlot's most recent royal wedding had been infiltrated and very nearly ruined by a swarm. Both siblings were aware that Happy was probably a changeling, after what they just seen, though they would now consider him a friend - or, at the least, very good company. Still, the unicorn continued to ramble about Canterlot: what he loved about it; how little he disliked, and so on.

"I do suppose that the hustle and bustle can be a little bit of a problem, one might say, to those who are either new, or my sister," Golden continues, gesturing with good humor to the shy and reserved pegasus.

"Funny," she commented dryly, though she was holding back a tiny nod to confirm that what her brother had said about her and dealing the crowds of Canterlot was entirely true. It was, in fact, a major part of the reason that she had chosen to move to the less clustered Ponyville.

"But, if you are able to pick your way past everypony, you'll find the most hidden gems of shops in the business. Like mine, for example (not to sound self centered), is one that receives many returning visitors. New ponies, but only occasionally, which is why I recommend that you take a peek into even the smallest of businesses."

"Okay, that's enough about you," Cyan said, ending his chattering with a joking wave of her hoof. "In other words, he thinks Canterlot is pretty cool."

@@Blitz Boom

Succulent could tell the sale was going well, but she kept her ears open to Ziggy's reactions.  If these weren't the most ideal, then she'd at least be able to use this input to pick a more ideal fragrance.  However, it didn't seem like she'd be needing more samples; not surprising, but she nonetheless had a knack for picking out the best fragrances the first time around.

Just after thinking that, she noticed the sudden change in expression on the other mare's face, and the story brought a great look of concern to her face.  Without hesitation, Succulent moved in and wrapped Ziggy in an embrace, holding her close as the sadness worked its way out of her system.  Her own scent became apparent from this close: fruity, delectable, and succulent.

"It's hard to forget a smell, especially when it's attached to somepony important.  The way I like to look at it, though, is that you can always keep her memory close with her fragrance, as if she never even left."  Withdrawing from the embrace, she put the other two fragrances back in the cart and returned with a second bottle of "Tea Time".

"Anyway, the 'Peppermint Patty' is an Eau de Parfum, and very concentrated at that, but not very deep, so it's 15 bits for that, and the 'Tea Time' is also an Eau de Parfum with lots of depth, so it's 20 bits each for them.  All together, your purchase today is 55 bits."

@@Blitz Boom

"Huh, didn't think this would be on the other side. I swear I was imagining the deep forest lined with wood and straw cottages strewn across the trees. Well, the first attempt doesn't always work out but I'll make the next one count!"

Lin tried again, closing her eyes and began imagining the pinprick hole before her. Once more, she focused on the forest and the clan's homes and allowed the gate to enlarge, stabilizing the path and gradually building it up in size. The result was a slightly larger hole than the last and without complaints or hesitations, Sen stepped through the gate and on the other side, he turned back to see his rear and greeted by the confused expression of Xin, who is still wondering if he is being led around in circles. 

"Still didn't work, sister. Are you sure you know what you are doing?"

"I don't get it!" Lin exclaimed as she shut the gate upon seeing her brother exit out the other side. "I'm sure I followed Omen's instructions to the letter and this is where we end up? Unless..."

She paused for a moment to gather any relevant information she could use to try to explain their predicament. "We really are in the right place but we aren't looking in the right direction. I stole a tome before running off and if I remember it correctly, the elders were not entirely opposed to the use of magic. Maybe they're somewhere around here." 

@@Blitz Boom

Meanwhile in Techno Universal's secret underground lab... He was browsing through events and news in equestria as normal in his console room until he made a shocking discovery...

TU: this is bad... I've just discovered that queen Crysalis has gained a lot more power as she has learned how to turn ponies into changelings. My biggest fear is if she manages to change Flurry Hart as if she dose.. NOTHING will be able to stop her. I need to notify Princess Celesta and Luna as soon as I can about this. The problem is I don't know if she has eany attack plans. I guess I'll just have to wait for her to plan her attack before I can take action on it.

@@EQ_Theta,

Now it was twice in a row that they had gotten directly to a place... Once already were improbable, but two times back to back? That shouldn't be possible. Not unless Lin wasn't actually opening gates, and instead just made direct rips in time and space, but was that even possible? Perhaps it was better that after all were said and done, that she took Lin to Mother and she could tell, just in case, because this seemed strange.

Strange it also were that this seemed to be where they were supposed to be, but not actually anyway, and then all of  sudden it was about them looking in a different direction and Lin having stolen a tome etc. ...It began to become pretty complicated already, and they hadn't even met another longma yet. Unless you counted Xin that were, but they already knew his name, and he were outside their home, so that didn't count.

"So, look around, or walk to another place?"

It rummaged her brain around too much to try and get everything happening at the same time to make sense right now, so she just resigned herself to waiting until she got instructions on what to do, and then take it from there instead. At least with an order or suggestion, she'd know more directly what to do instead of stumbling around and messing things up because she didn't know better.

@@Hazard Time,

Ziggy returned the hug when it was given,but didn't say something this time around as Succulent spoke. Not that she had to either, the smaller mare said everything that really had to be said, and the only thing the zegasus would've been able to really add to that would've been either a medical opinion on how smells worked - which would've totally ruined the mood - or just blatantly agree, which seemed pointless.

So she had just enjoyed the moment instead until Succulent had gone out towards her cart to get another bottle of Tea Time, at which point she did a bit of 'damage control*. That being wiping the tears out of her eyes a bit more, and return her thoughts to far more happy ones than the ones that had come around the end before. Her great grandmother had always wanted her to see the good side in things and smile, and the zegasus knew that she would want for Ziggy to remember all the good tmes instead of the end. To make that her legacy, instead of mourning.

Usually she did this too. Ziggy kept thinking on how to make the best of situations and do things that made her smile, even if it made her seem foalish, and the memories of the old mare tended to stay on those happy notes as well. Back when she had come around to the hospital for visits, when they took some of the rare trips outside that Ziggy were allowed to take, the old stories of her long and rich life, etc. Rarely did it went to the last part, but the smell before had taken her by surprise and unfortunately brought on that last bit, though she kept a smile on her face. Just like they all did at her funeral, because they knew that she would want them to send of her off knowing that they were still happy.

The thoughts had basically cleared out when Succulent returned with the second bottle and began to explain the prices, along with some details about the perfumes depth. It was a little beyond her how the depth in these things were calculated, but she trusted Succulent didn't make up jargon to make the Tea Time's seem worth more for no reason, and considering her reaction before, she could attest that the smell was rather deep in it for sure. Besides, she had seen some of the prices in the established perfume stores in Las Pegasus. Succulent's prices had nothing on those. Holy Celestia a few of them... Jeez.

"55? Sure thing."

Instead of focusing on that, she instead did on her frog purse that she opened and started to harvest coins from at a blurry speed, piling them up in stacks of two on the table to keep track of them. A couple fell to the ground though, as she slid them slightly, but she picked them up and went on with things without much of a hassle beyond that, and soon there's be a more empty frog in her hooves, and a good pile of gold on the table for Succulent.

"Okay, lemme see. 2, 4, 6, 8-"

The counting would go on until she were either through them, or Succulent interrupted, in case the perfume seller had already counted and seen it amounted to 56. So Ziggy was a bit of the total, but at least she wasn't short, puns intended.

@@cwhip9,

Zinthar wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but if he had to guess, Crescent were fighting with his inner demon, as some called it. Others went for referring to it as their evil side, but that always seemed off by Zinthar as he didn't believe there to be as polarizing parts of you as a good and an evil. Oftentimes, it seemed more like it were a blurry grey that defined your character than pure white or black, at least in his experience, and the few he had seen that was literally nothing but evil, or nothing but good, he considered crazy, as that meant they were woefully unbalanced, and bound to snap.

An inner demon however, were more something he considered fitting, as it were a manifestation of your darkest thoughts and desires, but it wasn't something that would wipe the board clean if you defeated it. It would just be reduced to the small parts needed to keep you in some kind of balance.

Case in point: He also had an inner demon of sorts, that looked back at him from the mirrors around them. It was a part of him that he had embraced a long time ago, and had since then just blended in during the untold years that he had to think here in the dream world. He were balanced in a way, thouh comparing this to Crescent wasn't right he felt. There was something more malicious and ingrained about their interactions than he had encountered before he'd think.

As for his own counterpart in the mirrors, it didn't amount to much. Like him, it were far more interested in seeing what would come of the other two's fighting rather than bicker amongst themselves and miss the show, so they just shrugged, laid down, and watched as the other two began their fight, blade first.

@@Wolves,

Jeez, what an earful.

When he had asked to hear some things about the town that was from Golden's perspective, Happy hadn't expected the guy to go into full tour guide mode and explain about things like it was his only true passion. He had expected some minor details and perhaps a few hidden gems worth taking note of and instead had gotten into an explanation like somepony was reading from a holy tome.

And he had to just stand there and smile through it, that was the worst! He had several times of wanting to just go over and put his hoof on Golden's mouth before asking him to get to the gritty details or stuff a cork in it, but he couldn't without letting the *nice guy* slip out the door and potentially expose his true nature a little too much. No, he had had to stand, and pretend that he cared, which for the most part he really didn't. There was too much *Good things are awesome, please visit our city* and not enough *Don't poke around this place* for his taste.

"Well, it sure sounds like a heck of a place if a local without his head buried in the sky haves some good things to say."

He still found it somewhat phony, considering what he had heard otherwise, but to each their own perspective he guessed. He'd potentially see for himself when time came, if he could even get into town now that was. Wouldn't surprise him the slightest if the whole place was plastered in changeling detectors at this point, and he was going to ring a lot of bells if that were.

There was something else he had bitten notice in, besides the wall of words that had toppled over him, and that were a small twitch and a spot of silence near the start of it, as if Golden were thinking on something. Might be he were just preparing for what angle to start with when it came to Canterlot and the twitch was a reflex to something - the amount of times when his paranoia had told him to panic, only to have it be an itch, were astounding at this point - but it might as well be that he tried to chose his words as to not say something about the structural issues that might be, too much on specific locals that would be easy to overtake, or details in general that would make for a helpful guide when/if a second invasion would occur.

It might just not have been important, he didn't know, or it wasn't anything compared to talking about his store - though, Happy did that himself, so he couldn't really judge on that last part - but something just always told him to be on guard in case he were compromised, even the slightest, and this did tick of a few check marks. Though, to be sure of it, he'd have to poke a few places and see how the water would ripple. Perhaps if he brought up the somewhat recent event with his brethren it would work as a tester.

"Gotta admit though, I'm surprised there's nothing on you folks getting all paranoid and stuff up there these days. Heard that a swarm of changelings had tried to bust a wedding there or something and got pretty close to wrecking things before they got the boot. Figured the nobles would all have guards hanging 'round 'em now, and you lot being a bit paranoid about others, but it sounds like you made it out normal when it ain't even a mention.

Back east they tend to get all suspicious about this sort of thing, and you can really see it when new ones get to the towns. They're almost shoving a light into your muzzle just to check if you're hollow or something, and it makes it a bit strained to visit at times. Sounds like Canterlot's a whole lot more hospitable."

Now, it was just to see how they'd react when the subjects of changelings came in over things, and then he could take it from there, though he sorta hoped he didn't have to knock these two out and run for the hills. It had been a bad enough day already without him having to clock a few locals out and leave behind potential profit.

________________________________________________________________________________

@@Summer Breeze,

@@Frosty Frost,

Summer had gotten lucky and had managed to avoid Blitz entirely,by going in the complete opposite direction of where she were hidden right now. It was a pity, as the filly who sat in the sand hill with narrowed eyes had looked forward to getting a hold of her, but as the expression went: If the monk didn't want to come to the mountain, then the mountain had to come to the monk.

So she started to sneak very slowly through the sand and towards where Summer had gone. trying her hardest to just look like a pile of sand that you thought were getting nearer. Something which certainly didn't fool the onlooking Lyriel, who had sat down in the sand whilst spectating whatever was going on. Something that she hadn't really known until she had seen the pile of sand move like a ripple over water in slow motion and put two and two together.

It did seem like it would go a bit stale the way it was looking right now, but perhaps it would pick up eventually.

As for Summer, not long after she would have hidden and Blitz attempted to sneak up upon her, she would be interrupted by something poking her on the shoulder. It was a gentle touch, but still clearly deliberate, and not a piece of grass of something that had blown over her for a spell.

If she would turn around to face whoever had poked her though, she either wouldn't see anything, or, if she were quick, she'd notice the last few centimeters of a brown root that were retracting back into the ground, at which point the culprit would be pretty obvious. Though, would she say anything about it, as it would compromise her position? They'd see.

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom, As the blades clashed with equal blows if not equal then at time near cutting each others wins or head clean off the way the two fought was almost like watching to grey blurs bounce off each other the main difference is the red and blue blades separating the two from each other. Before cresent knew it his back was up against one of the mirrors malls blade locked with his but near his face.

"any last words before you get trapped here?" the blood rage snarled

It didn't look good for the batpony as he locked around for an exit, his eyes met zinthars an idea coming to him but something he feared his friend wouldn't like it, but it seemed the only answer coming to the thestral,

"sorry zin, run!" at that cresent's kicked the mirror his back was on sending him through it grabbing mall for the fall.....
He found himself in the library off the chair he was sleeping on with books scattered around him waking up in a sweat.

He poked his face feeling his fur then bitting his paw he felt the pain. Pulling back he winced at the pain, this was real, he was back in the castel....

@Blitz Boom

@Summer Breeze

Frosty slowly opened his eyes once Summer and Blitz were both hiding. The sound of their game of tag had been like white noise, and now that it had stopped, Frosty awoke. He looked around, still half asleep, trying to find out what had happened.

He spotted Summer sitting behind a pile of sand, and Lyriel sitting relatively close to him, but Blitz was nowhere to be seen.

He poked Lyriel.

"Oy, are Blitz and Summer playing hide and seek now, or what?"

He looked back to where Summer was hiding, and tried to see where Blitz was, now that he was slightly more awake. After a bit of squinting, he noticed that one of the sand-piles was moving suspiciously. He decided to mess with it.

The suspicious pile of sand would notice that moving itself would be getting slowly heavier, as if there was a force pushing back. Frosty doubted that his magic would be strong enough to completely stop the pile, but he was sure he could make moving a lot harder.

@@Blitz Boom"I was just asking, I don't really intend to ask him during this disaster. Afterwards would be better." Astral looked back to the house. "Maybe if I'm lucky I can, and my house may still be here when we get back." She turned her head forward, sighing. It was definitely something she had to leave behind, it would definitely be difficult for Chow to take an entire tree with them. She chuckled at the thought, imagining Chow carrying a tree in the wagon with ease. Thinking about that drawed attention to how slow the wagon was going, and how Chow boasted about his strength earlier. Which lead to Astral chuckling some more.

Misty looked at Astral questionably, not over the chuckling, although Chow might, but rather over her silence. "Why are you so silent?" She asked, knowing Astral wouldn't stay this silent for this long without reason.

Astral gasped in the small amount of surprise Misty had caused. "Oh, there really isn't much to talk about." She looked to the wagon, and pointed a hoof to it. "Especially with this being our main goal of this walk."

Misty nodded. "True, with how long we've walked, there really isn't much to talk about." She looked down, sighing, there was really only a few things she could think of. Every one of them something she didn't want to think of; her dead family being alive again, Astral talked so much earlier about raising the dead, maybe she could too. She lifted her head up breathing in deeply. "Don't think about it." She mumbled, Astral gave her a glance wondering what she said, shrugging it off; thinking it wasn't important.

@@Blitz Boom

"Or we ask Xin. If he really did come from the village, then he would know how to get back."

Sen and Lin turned to the messenger that was absentminded before the mention of his name brought him back to reality. He looked to each one present and sat, resigning himself to being the go-to guide if it ever came to be. But he knew more than what it seems, the odd silence tipping off Lin to something more. She looked at him intently, hoping he would catch her cue to start talking.

"They're here, but not quite." He indeed budged but hid his fear with a confident tone. "All this is just an illusion to throw you off. The elders used magic to conceal the forest with the image of a barren field. The rest of the forest itself serves as a deterrent to foreign magic; we are at the edge and it's getting late. I suggest we set up camp for the night."

Xin stepped forward and began swiping his claw at the open air until one swipe sliced through the facade, quickly unraveling the false image and revealing a deep forest. It was too dark to proceed any further and settling in for the night was the best option. Sen didn't hesitate and began constructing a fire pit while Xin worked on making some makeshift shanties out of wood and hollowed tree stumps. The good thing about the forest was that there was an abundance of those, and making new homes on short notice was part of his training. After about several hours, the siblings bade everyone a good evening before retiring. Xin remained by the fire to take the first watch. He noticed Omen still awake and hoped to ease any tension between the two.

"Hope Sen wasn't too much trouble for you. Here, some pickled fruits I carried with me throughout my journey. Thought you might want some if you got hungry." Xin handed a small pouch of dried and pickled berries he had on him to Omen and stared into the flames. "You know, he wasn't always like that, all sullen and serious. He was much different back in the day."

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@cwhip9,

The plan had seemingly worked then, but there was a small issue: Zinthar wasn't there. Whatever plan Crescent had, seemingly hadn't worked on getting the strange feline out of there. An unfortunate turn of events, but perhaps some were just doomed to wander around aimlessly like that.

"I... Refuse.."

Then suddenly, a low, hollow voice would emerge somewhere in the room, though much as Crescent might look around, he wouldn't be able to find out where it came from.

"I won't be denied! Not again!"

The voice became a little clearer, and the tone of it began to resemble the feline that Crescent had run into, but where did it come from? It was somewhere closer, but exactly where wasn't all that obvious.

Not until the pointy tip of one of Zinthar's tails reached a few inches out of the bat pony's shadow and bored into the floor, ankering itself there. It was glowing with the ghostly glare that had been shown before when Zinthar used whatever magic he had going for him, but stronger, whilst a little by little, the other eight tails reached up and did the same.

"I will be free!"

The voice rose as Zinthar did as well, yanking himself out of there by his tails and hurling a little away from his point of entry into a piece of furniture or pile of books. The tip of his tails showed not to be the only thing glowing now, as his teeth, claws, usually empty-looking eye-sockets and random lines on his otherwise black body had traces of it as well, though they seemed to be diminishing rapidly after he had gotten up, which were but one of the signs that things weren't too good for him.

Others became more obvious, as the large feline wasn't moving, unless you counted him twitching whilst the last droplets of magic flickered out of his system, leaving no light left whatsoever upon his form. His breathing, which had already been bad, had suddenly gone to worse, with rapid, small gasps being the only thing escaping his mouth.

If Crescent remembered some of the things that he would have seen with Zinthar before this, he'd likely be able to tell that this was the beginning of the end for the feline, unless he got help. Long years of being trapped in the dream world without sustenance or a chance to regain anything had taken its toll, but had been slowly as his powers had barely been used. That is, until he met Crescent, and needed to use some to escape. Which were already seen on his encounter with the collapsing dream earlier, as the usage of reserved he barely had left to use of showed its side effects. And with the way Crescent had left? Why, Zinthar must have used quite a bit more to escape this as well. Far too much in fact.

To help Zinthar, the only way forth now then would be to help him regain some of his reserves so that he could be stabilized, but what would do such a thing? He wouldn't really be able to ask the feline himself, as he were trying all he could just to cling on at this point, but perhaps if Crescent remembered back to when they first met, he'd know what he needed.

Hopefully, there'd be some mice, birds or other pests/critters in this place that would suffice in giving him the sustenance he needed. But could Crescent find out that he had to do this in time? And if so, could he find one or more of those things before it became too late?

It would be interesting to see.

@,

Chow gave the mare a bit of a funny look when she looked over at the wagon he were dragging along and chuckled. Were there something funny about this? Had something fallen off, or did one of them glue a *Kick me* sign on his flank or something? He had a feel just to make sure, but it didn't seem the case, though in that case he hadn't the faintest about what were the issue then. Perhaps he had just said somethin' weird the last time 'round without noticing it? Happened more often than he'd like to think about, and usually it led to nowhere when he tried to confront it.

So, without going much more on about it, he just shrugged it off and listened in as the other two talked about not having to have much to talk about and then what he assumed was a comment on how moving wasn't a fun thing to discuss. Something he wouldn't argue against, though he'd say that those two were on the good side of things still, Wasn't them hauling this stuff now, was it?

He were about to say something more to fill the gap of time - or explain that it went a bit slowly because he didn't want to keep taking breaks, hence paced his energy better - when the last of the trees began to come into his sight and he gave a big grin before just walking on, not wanting to stop up beforre they were out of the Everfree Forest.

"You want something to talk about? Alright, then let's talk about the view, eh?"

He went throught he last of the trees and gazed out upon the... Uhm... Well, plains, essentially. It was a bit on the hilly side and stretched for a long way, with only spotty trees and a few houses in the distance marking things, so there wasn't much to look at. Unless you enjoyed nature that was, in which case it was a good view.

"First step of the road's done with gals. Still gonna be a bit of way, but the forest's behind us, so that's the worst part. Only thing tending to roam out here's birds, mice and other small critters, and wild boar."

At the mention of the last animals that tended to make this place their home, he reached behind him and took a grip in his spear, just to make sure that he could reach it in case he needed it.

"In case of boars, just leave 'em to me. I'm used to wrangle with 'em, even though I can't take one down and grip along right now. Bit of a pity since I could use some for the pet food, but eh, there's always beasts to hunt wherever, so it can wait. 'sides, the buggers are poor in the food to begin with. Usually I just capture 'em if I have little other choice and need some filler meat, or to trade off to a griffin in exchange for fish. They love this stuff."

A few thoughts came 'round about the time he were hunting and selling his wares in Griffinstone, but it was another thing he shrugged off, not wanting to spent the time thinking on this. Not right now anyway. He'd rather focus on finding the right angle for them to go, which, considering the position of things from here would be...

"This way. let's go before we loose daylight, eh?"

Not that he stopped and waited for them to answer before he moved on, but still, it counted. Right?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Illusions. The part of magic that was the most perplexing and confusing of them all.

Omen could generally feel out that there were magic at play when it were, but in case of great illusions, she were clueless, and could wander in circles for days or weeks on end before realizing that something was wrong. And even then, what were she supposed to do? Knowing that there was something covered were one thing, but knowing how to get past it another, and she hadn't been able to do that thus far.

Perhaps it was easier for those who understood magic more in general, and could find a way to see past the layers, but to Omen, it all seemed real, which made situations like this were the barren fields around them got ripped away - literally - in favor of a lush forest, all that more mad to her. Also, it made her think about here perhaps being more layers to this than what they could see now, and there were actually in the village already, been watched like objects in a museum. Not a comforting thought as she helped the others setting up things for the night, but there didn't seem to happen more for the time being, so she became less sure that it was as such. Not completely, but a good deal at least.

Eventually, the thought began to diminish entirely, as did the energy of her friends that withdrew for the night to catch some sleep. She had assumed that Xin would too, but apparently, he stayed up to stand guard. Nothing that was needed as she could do that on her own, but it wasn't as if she had told him that she didn't sleep, so perhaps he thought that it was needed to have shifts. Or he just couldn't rest. Sleep patterns were different with from being to being.

"Sen wasn't difficult. Strange, yes, but nothing that made me want to leave."

She looked over at the drid fruit as she got nearer with silent steps, sniffing the air slightly before reaching out her prehensile tongue and grasping a few pieces with her soft, dry tongue. One she brought to her own mouth and started to chew on, whilst the other went up towards the drake that had returned to her head an hour ago or so, after having slept for a while on Lin, who grabbed hold of it and stared to slowly chew through the thing.

"Thanks you."

She went a little nearer, and kept chewing on her own piece a little more whilst looking at Xin with curious, unblinking eyes.

"What do you mean by sullen? Is something wrong with Sen?"

• Brohoof 2