Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Rising Dusk

"Well, your own business when you find somepony to settle down with I guess. Just looked like you knew how to swoon a mare, so I figured *Hey, here's a stallion who's been around the block a few times*.

Truth told though, I find it weird to see somepony not looking at least. In my family, we're encouraged to go out and find somepony instead of just waiting to see if they'll fall into out laps, 'cause you never know if that's ever gonna happen, or if an accident cuts your time short. Workshops are tough places, and you never know what's going to happen even with the best safety measures up, so we live to experience the good things in life before we blow up or something. Be it that first experiment to present to Princess Celestia, friendship, adventure, love, or something else. If we feel like trying it, we'll seek it out and experience it.

Have to admit there's a bit of pressure on me in the love department considering everything, but even then, I've always wanted to have somepony to share what time I got with. Odds are I'm getting scorched, crushed, electrocuted, or melted by something before old age has a chance to contest, and I can't imagine not getting a family before that.

Heh, but I guess things are different 'round here, and regular folks don't need to think on life expectancy."

His family fluctuated wildly throughout their history, because as he said, you never knew when an accident occurred. Sometimes there'd only be around five of them, whilst other times, it would expand and they'd get like twenty because things had gone either well, or at least not lethally bad.

Before the attack on Center Zero, his family had been on the higher end, with sixteen members spread around town. There were no general pressure on him to get a partner if you looked on it like that, but it were so ingrained into his family, that not seeking a mate and whatever experiences you wanted out of life were unthinkable for him.

Granted, most of their wants in life were to work and make a mark on the world, but it weren't everything, and eventually, you'd have to look for something else to seek out. Some had gone for scavenging in the field for new materials and ideas - what some called adventuring - others had gone on to other professions, focused on training their friends and neighbors in something, and like his uncle, shift away from the lab entirely and focus on making some nice flowers grow. They weren't passive ponies, they were the Boom family, and whatever they wanted, they'd strive towards rather than wait for it to run their way.

"Anyway, your family sounds like a neat little setup. Mom, dad and a sibling or seven is a good base unit for sure. Surprised you don't have some nieces or nephews though, considering how pushy your sis and mom sounds when it comes to marriage, but what're you gonna do about it, eh?

Let's move on to something a pinch more fun: What one of the designs you think we should start with, once we get the magic attached properly. I'm thinking a 1/20'th sized cage would be a great deal of fun, but I'm game for whatever if you think one of the others are more important. You're the law after all, ain't that right, Dusky?"

It was eerily silent to him when Blitz were quiet, but his own, blabbering muzzle were doing a good job of filling the space as the lights began to go up around them.

He had sent in what, three different design ideas to the city already, telling them how to more efficiently get light at night? Sounded about right, though since he never heard back from the officials in town, and it were pretty low priority for him, he stopped caring enough at some point to really keep track.

Perhaps when he finally perfected a more large scale solar to electricity conversion facility, he could make them listen more, though that was somewhere down the line. First he had to figure out how to not make it cause more issues than it alleviated, such as catching on fire or use too much power itself, but one step at a time. It had taken him years to get the one that powered his mechanical wings working, and making it larger scale were going to need effort as well. He'd get there someday, long as he didn't get obliterated in the workshop somehow before that.

================================================================================================================

@BloodDrops

"Fine, I suppose quicksand could be the answer as well, though I don't owe you books, or trips to see an obnoxious, oversized cat with wings, just because I didn't answer it to your satisfaction. I'll perhaps consider the book."

The mare's attitude were getting on her nerves again, though her focus got lifted from that when they arrived at her cave, and she saw the large rock that were supposed to cover the door were moved aside.

Going over to examine it, Nerzhei quickly found something that was disturbing to her eyes: A set of four large claw marks in said rock, each as thick as two of her fingers. Something large had been here and wanted to get at her it seemed, but being unable to get the rock moved completely, had apparently left again. It seemed like she needed to up her security again one of these days, or push forward with getting a permit to rise a settlement closer to Ponyville instead. The larger creatures generally didn't seem to like getting close to the town, so it would be safer if it came to it.

The dragoness entered a little after that, and frowned as she saw Droppy had laid down on her bed. It was not much, granted, but it had been her only place to rest in here. She supposed she would have to ask Lyriel for a moss layer somewhere when she one day returned here then, since the bed was lost now. Easier to burn it than even attempt to make it clean after the disease that were now getting smeared into the fabric.

Seeing as her bedding couldn't be saved, but at least contained Droppy for the time being, Nerzhei began working on gathering the things she'd need for the trip. Some gems for the box on the table, other gems that were meant to be eaten, some bits, and after a bit of hesitation, her big book. She didn't feel good taking it with her around Droppy, but with the attempted intrusion into her home, she couldn't risk letting it stay here. The rest were fine to lock down in the box she kept in the corner for now, though worst case scenario, her book would at least be within sight to her now.

Putting it into the bag, she couldn't help stirring the sleep bunny a little, though she tried to make it as non-intrusive as possible. It were not ideal for either of them, but like with so many times before this, they made it work.

She finished off by grabbing her spear with her non-bound hand, whilst the bag dangled heavily down her side. The spear wasn't all that impressive looking, but it weren't supposed to be either. It was supposed to be functional and not a fashion accessory,and she considered it doing that perfectly fine.

Dealing with this, that then meant that she had to find something the zombie mare could eat. There were the fish caught earlier, but were all of that really necessary? Perhaps now were the time to test it.

Wandering outside, Nerzhei took the fish out of the satchel, and cut it in half. Bones didn't seem to bother Droppy, so she saw no reason to cut those out. Rather, she'd pack in one half in the satchel again, and then poke the end of her spear into the other half like a grill spear, ready to serve to the hungry zombie mare.

Going inside again, she'd put this forth towards Droppy, then seeing what would happen. Unless the mare were taking another power nap. in which case, the dragoness would take the chance and have a seat on her table. Not ideal, but it were a pause for her legs at least.

==========================================================================================================================

@Lloyd @Dji

As Sapphire left, the only being that would be left in the other room would be Void. Much as her anti-magic helped her to not get hit by the magic the storm created, there were still some non-magical power that were in the relic that didn't fizzle out when it got near her, resulting in the mare getting violently tossed around and slammed into a bundle of sealed crates. The last energy of the storm would scorch the walls some, and crumble the path the ponies had run through to get towards Zhu and Karmic for several meters, essentially sealing off that way for all of them, as well as any chance for somepony to run back and help the mare that had just gotten slammed around like a rag doll and electrocuted. With some luck, the guards would have heard the sounds coming from the last of the roaring storm, and come to her aid.

Meanwhile, in the tunnels, Tidal Wave took notice of their late arrival, but didn't turn around to see the state of her. Considering the sounds that roamed through from the falling bricks though, she knew enough to guess that things had not exactly gone smoothly.

"What happened back there? Did the civilian get to safety?"

===========================================================================================================================

@Lloyd

Hogweed felt a sting of fear as Warlock leaned closer, and said something which made her think that he remembered her. Perhaps just as a face among many others he had hurt, but still, recognition? For some reason that made her feel a shiver down her spine.

It seemed like he were just speaking about the general look in her eyes, as she had glanced at him, and nothing specific though. It were still bad, as a prisoner who knew their interrogator were afraid were likely to just play things to their own will more confidently, yet it felt somewhat more okay for her personally. It wasn't like she were an interrogator either. She wasn't Hailstorm, she were just a medic. One who were not suited to deal with prisoners, but whom had been forced into this by her superior, as she were the closest, available authority he could make due with.

She glanced at the soldier with the anti-magic armor, and the far more appropriate reaction to Warlock's presence, with gratitude in her eyes. She were happy to have somepony like him here at this trying time, though she didn't think it was good to say that to him right now. Perhaps later, when they could no longer be heard by this... Pony.

"So the other one could potentially be hiding anywhere, in anypony? Disturbing...

You say you don't know much about her though, so you know something, right? Could you share what you do know?"

She'd have to take anything Warlock said with a grain of salt, as the other one were potentially his escape option, but even half truths would be something above not knowing anything. Whatever she could get for Hailstorm to analyze later, the better. Though hopefully it would not make him think it meant it was okay to drag her into this another time then. She usually only dealt with prisoners if they were hurt, and she would prefer to keep it that way.

=========================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

"O-Oh, I see. I guess that m-makes more sense- Ponies usually c-can't eat gems or meat. At least I-I'm sure they couldn't back in m-my day, and if you c-change into one of us, it's.... Y-Yeah."

Cherish were genuinely curious about Serenade, what she could and couldn't do, where she came from, etc. Yet at the same time, she were still shaken to her core by being this close to princesses, all the madness going on elsewhere in this castle, Serenade herself, what happened earlier at the crumbling castle, and then being away from said crumbling castle. Cherish had been there for so long that the memories of places outside of it were getting foggy and hard to recollect sometimes, and having everything seemingly fall around her ears whilst being back in what might as well be a new country for her, weren't something she got through easily. Made her a little hesitant in digging too deep into the history of those around her, among other things.

========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Ah yes, our dear, princess of the sun. You will scarcely go anywhere without hearing praises to her name, or see something devoted to her honor.

It is not without reason. She have ruled this kingdom for millennia, ever since the three pony tribes decided to unify under her and Princess Luna's leadership, and with Luna ending on the moon after her... Lapse in judgement, it left Celestia to drive a country forward to prosperity on her own.

Still, remember that nopony is perfect. As much as she is idolized by the majority of her subjects, she is not without flaw, or shortcomings of her own. Trade disagreements, wars, rebels, the whole history with Troy, her over-reliance on the newest princess from Ponyville, and so forth. Things eventually fade into history and become lessened, but she have taken some decisions that is not befitting of the perfect figure that many perceives her to be.

Personally, I do consider her a good ruler though. She have managed to govern an entire country for millennia, knows how to delegate and rely on others, and her heart seems open to most. Even the changelings, which she would have much reason to hate for several centuries, have gotten a chance from her, now that they are under new leadership.

From what I hear though, she have gotten some control issues from all that time being the only only making the final decision, making it difficult to get Princess Luna back in the governing system after her return. Yet as I said, nopony is perfect, and thinking they are will only leave you open to disappointment."

Scarcity had met the princesses personally a few times, though it were mainly to ensure that some artifacts she had gotten her way were delivered personally to their collection, or when she had donated something historical in big, museum events. Mainly she simply dealt with Golden Sun, the ambassador that knew far more of her business than he'd like to, but not enough to make her life annoying. Their little arrangement regarding her acquisition of certain things that should not be in circulation, as well as some juicy information on the less elegant members of society, made her an asset he could not afford to loose. A fact she simply loved to remind him of whenever she met the dear stallion, though not currently. With him being in the hospital, it seemed... Vulgar and demeaning to go after him with teasing words when he eventually would wake up.

"If you think of meeting the princess one day, I can assure you that she would not met you with hostility. As you are a traveler of your people, you may be seen as an ambassador to your kind and she would most certainly be interested in learning of your kind, and open dialogue between your people and Equestria. Though I wonder if she have not met your kind before. Living as long as she have, it seems possible, does it not?

As for the deal with the sun..."

Scarcity let out a pearly laughter at the thought of Celestia truly being the sun bearer that some fought of her as.

"The sky works differently in Equestria. It cannot function on its own, so skies needs the pegasi, the stars and moon requires Princess Luna, and indeed, Princess Celestia ensures the sun goes up and down.

However, this is only within the limits of Equestria. I have been beyond the shores, and seen the sun raise and sink at a set pace, and not suddenly, at the times of day it is deemed to be night time.

To the best of my knowledge, it is hypothesized that the weather over Equestria can be considered a separate, closed off ecosystem that have no influence, or takes influence from outside forces. Can you imagine if she truly had to encompass the globe with the sun? Not only could she never rest, but it would also have to be far, far larger than what is seen to be raised above our heads."

While Scarcity yapped on, Rosa stepped forth next to Sen and put down a semi-heavy crate that had some wheels on the bottom, some things in, with room for what Sen had found, if Rosa had judged things correctly at least.

"I know how to make field rations. Leave it to me."

He had spent the time Sen had used looking around to get some things for himself. Mainly some bundles of hay, a few celery sticks, a half dozen pears, two green apples, and a watermelon. Rosa were not the greatest fan of keeping many apples around, as they tended to spoil fast in his experience, so he went with lesser things that were easier to work with. Plus he liked watermelon far more than apples anyway. The taste were more to his liking, and it were a good source of liquid too. Meant less water packed along.

"You two must be making one heck of a great salad. Sure you don't need a few radishes too?"

Rosa stood silently, then nodded slowly, which caused Garlic to grin and move to his side, where he took a half dozen radishes and popped them down the box too.

"Alright, if that's all you're gonna need, including the crate... That'll be 127 bits."

Rosa pulled into the pouch he had been given by Scarcity, and pulled out two fifty bit coin, and three tens.

"I'll take a half watermelon more then."

Garlic took the offered bits with a grin, and went over to cleave a melon in half. After a bit of consideration though, he came over and just put a whole of the smaller melons in the crate

"Everypony wants the big ones anyway, and half ones always looks awkward."

"Thank you."

"No problem. If you ever find yourselves around these parts another time, come in and have a look again. Just without the silly costumes, alright? I'm curious what you two actually look like."

With that, Garlic went on his way to help a few other customers. In case Sen tried to correct him about how the stallion still thought they wore costumes, Rosa would raise his hoof and shake his head towards the longma, to try and signal that he should shush.

"Sometimes, it's best to not burst their bubble. Let's pack this up and get on our way. We still need to gather up some water flasks, a flashlight and a rope."

=============================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Anomaly began to giggle loudly over the joke, and lifted a big sign saying *7.1* from the ground.

"Hehehe, few points off because I heard it before, but it's still funny."

The draconequus had *liberated* a few books here and there over the centuries to learn some stories and see if she could get fun idea for mythological creature combos for her island, and among them, she had *obtained* a few joke books. Most of the stuff were pretty old, though some were more recent, and she had read the one Lucid told in one of them.

That was not saying it wasn't good though. Reading it was one thing, letting a sock puppet saying it was another, and then there were hearing somepony else actually saying it. It was all kinda of fun, just not *rolling around* sort of fun anymore. The curse of having heard a story before.

"More, more!"

A snap of the tail and she got a bed of moss to lay on and a small bag of what was either brown popcorn or some kind of root mix, so she were all ready to see if Lucid had any other good ones up his sleeve. You know, if he wore clothes. Did he on stage actually, or were he one of those sticklers who didn't think ponies should have any sort of clothes beyond perhaps a hat on? Some ponies were weird about that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

"I totally would, but the jokes that I actually make myself require a stand-up routine and those require planning."

Lucid's statement was pretty accurate, there was a lot of planning involved to make a comedy routine amazing.

"There's more to being a comedian than just telling jokes. You gotta plan, rehearse to avoid messing up your lines, it's kinda like a play when it comes to the preparation aspect."

Of course he didn't wanna let Anomaly down completely, so he pulled out some sort of card, typically for well known ponies, but he did occasionally give them to individuals he considered a good friend, and she did fall into the category.

"This card gets you into all my performances free of charge."

Of course he lives an alternate universe and thats where he typically performed, but working around that would be no problem.

"So, are you able to open portals to other universes or do you need a pre-set portal opened somewhere on that island of yours? Or maybe a pocket portal to carry around?"

There was no worrying about ponies panicking since a draconequus who looked sorta like a pony, but not quite lives there.

"Oh! You could also meet one of my friends! She's a draqonequus! She's not nearly as old as you or Discord, she's more my age, which is crazy because I thought all of your species is like really really old!"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

22 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Fine, I suppose quicksand could be the answer as well, though I don't owe you books, or trips to see an obnoxious, oversized cat with wings, just because I didn't answer it to your satisfaction. I'll perhaps consider the book."

The mare's attitude were getting on her nerves again, though her focus got lifted from that when they arrived at her cave, and she saw the large rock that were supposed to cover the door were moved aside.

Going over to examine it, Nerzhei quickly found something that was disturbing to her eyes: A set of four large claw marks in said rock, each as thick as two of her fingers. Something large had been here and wanted to get at her it seemed, but being unable to get the rock moved completely, had apparently left again. It seemed like she needed to up her security again one of these days, or push forward with getting a permit to rise a settlement closer to Ponyville instead. The larger creatures generally didn't seem to like getting close to the town, so it would be safer if it came to it.

The dragoness entered a little after that, and frowned as she saw Droppy had laid down on her bed. It was not much, granted, but it had been her only place to rest in here. She supposed she would have to ask Lyriel for a moss layer somewhere when she one day returned here then, since the bed was lost now. Easier to burn it than even attempt to make it clean after the disease that were now getting smeared into the fabric.

Seeing as her bedding couldn't be saved, but at least contained Droppy for the time being, Nerzhei began working on gathering the things she'd need for the trip. Some gems for the box on the table, other gems that were meant to be eaten, some bits, and after a bit of hesitation, her big book. She didn't feel good taking it with her around Droppy, but with the attempted intrusion into her home, she couldn't risk letting it stay here. The rest were fine to lock down in the box she kept in the corner for now, though worst case scenario, her book would at least be within sight to her now.

Putting it into the bag, she couldn't help stirring the sleep bunny a little, though she tried to make it as non-intrusive as possible. It were not ideal for either of them, but like with so many times before this, they made it work.

She finished off by grabbing her spear with her non-bound hand, whilst the bag dangled heavily down her side. The spear wasn't all that impressive looking, but it weren't supposed to be either. It was supposed to be functional and not a fashion accessory,and she considered it doing that perfectly fine.

Dealing with this, that then meant that she had to find something the zombie mare could eat. There were the fish caught earlier, but were all of that really necessary? Perhaps now were the time to test it.

Wandering outside, Nerzhei took the fish out of the satchel, and cut it in half. Bones didn't seem to bother Droppy, so she saw no reason to cut those out. Rather, she'd pack in one half in the satchel again, and then poke the end of her spear into the other half like a grill spear, ready to serve to the hungry zombie mare.

Going inside again, she'd put this forth towards Droppy, then seeing what would happen. Unless the mare were taking another power nap. in which case, the dragoness would take the chance and have a seat on her table. Not ideal, but it were a pause for her legs at least.

Droppy nodded her head and smiled at the dragon, she licked her lips. "Yes well it is the right answer so. there" she grumbled rolling over onto the makeshift bed her armor being annoying to sleep in. She gave up and instead watched the dragon go about her work. She blinked watching as she picked up a big book, maybe that was the book that had riddles in, she would take a look at a later date. When the dragon wasn't looking. 

She let out a lazy yawn and got to her hooves before giving the air a good sniff, she wondered over to Nerzhei who was offering her a fish, how polite. She gulped down the meal bones and all, which she crunched up rather quickly before licking her lips. She blinked and then stared at Nerzhei with dark eyes, giving the air another few sniffs. "You expecting company, I smell something" she asked her moving towards the front of the cave. 

She gave the air a few more sniffs before glancing back at Nerzhei "Yep something is moving towards the cave. something rather large at any rate" she snorted staring out of the cave to whoever wanted to visit. She liked making new friends, unless it wasn't a friend, then she could have something larger then a plane old fish, though only if it was evil. She didn't go around killing everything she met. 

Droppy started to growl, she didn't like the smell. 

@Blitz Boom

"Someone ruling for that long... you make her seem like the best possible candidate for a ruler. No one has challenged her rule over the years? Well, I suppose no one would be if she allowed Equestria to develop and move forward. Someone with a personality like hers sounds good for everyone, someone I'd like to follow. And I guess it makes sense how things work differently outside of Equestria. We don't have anyone like the pegasi who can control the weather; we just let things be and adapt to the changes in the sky. That ponies could control the weather probably makes growing food easier... unless seasonal changes are not under the things ponies control? Ponies couldn't control everything to make their lives easier, right?"

Though there wasn't anything about the weather in longma beliefs, it was a rule of thumb to respect nature; to take only what was necessary and return the gesture in kind. Growing new trees, planting new patches of plants, leaving other creatures to themselves. There was the occasional case of someone overstepping their boundaries but the resulting consequences left them very much understanding how important those rules and beliefs are. The consequences are often painful but no one could ever say they didn't learn a valuable lesson. 

"Say, Scarcity? What could you say is the most valuable piece you have in your shop? Is it a statue, a painting?"

As for Garlic's comment on his appearance, Sen didn't say anything to correct him. He was satisfied with simply having been on the end of a simple, if mistaken, comment. Better than being insulted, that's for sure. To some degree, he found it funny if he were to reveal the truth, but then there will be the odd question of how someone who has most of his bodily features look similar to ponies yet have some draconic elements to it. He probably will answer with it just being born with them. If a scholar were to dig deeper, he wouldn't know the answer. 

"Alright. Rosa, do you want some of the things I got? I grabbed a little extra in case you wanted some." Sen sat down and helped pack some of the food they bought. It was a little surprising how they didn't blow off their budget on food alone. Well, it would be very awkward of them to ask for more bits. With the food situation taken care of, now to get some water and other supplies.  

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk could admit that he hadn't put that much thought on the topic as a whole.  It could very well be that he just had a charm he wasn't openly aware of, granted that was suppose to be his sister's department.  He'd always been well liked he had noticed, but he mostly attributed that to just being a great listener and a calm advice giver.  Rising Dusk had attended his fair share of dates, most of them blind and set up by his sister.  Molotov Boom brought an interesting point of view he hadn't really thought about.  Had he been letting a good thing pass him by?  Did he work too much?  To settle down and share one's life with another?  He'd have to think on this more.

"It does sound like your occupation presents a higher degree of risk than the average pony.  It would make sense that expanding the Boom would be a pretty big priority for you."

The stallion mused, thinking over the his plight of day to day risks.  He could see where an issue of life expectancy would be present.  No pony knew when their time in Equestria would be up, but it would all happen sooner or later.

"I can't say I share the same level of daily risk, but I can at least understand a small piece of it.  I've had to encounter one too many close calls as my time as a Detective."

Life was so much simpler when he worked in the basement of the agency dispelling magical artifacts.  Not long after he was sent out to dispel unfortunate ponies who had been cursed, charmed or what have you, but it didn't add up to any amount of hassle.  Plus, it made him feel good about his gift.  Then he was promoted to Detective and finally hit the streets.  At first it was investigating crimes that had already happened, gathering information for the regular city police ponies to actually go out and get the criminal.  Those didn't last very long though, and soon it was Rising Dusk himself on more active cases, coming face to face with ponies that actually wanted to hurt others, and him.  He's been lucky so far, thank the Sun and Moon.

"I'm not expecting nieces or nephews anytime soon.  Children don't exactly fit my sister's path in life very well.  Probably why she tries so hard with me."

He couldn't help but chuckle at the thought.

The subject shifted however and Rising Dusk was inclined to follow suit.  Thinking of the files he had read over earlier that day, there were several he wanted to try.  The magic suppression cage though, sounded like it'd make the best base to experiment from.  With the frame work, they could more easily work on the other, more complicated projects.

"I think the cage presents the best opportunity for experimentation.  And I'm not the law, I just enforce it." 

He replied, turning to face the other stallion long enough to give him a smirk.

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd

KARMIC FATE

Karmic was too busy focusing on following the past image of Sunset Shimmer to notice anything going on behind her. She was panting heavily; her body wasn't used to running for this long or this fast before.

'Your name is Karmic Fate. An interesting one. Although I suppose we can ponder on the meaning later. I understand that this 'ZHU' you're leading is somewhat of a friend and I do need a willing host ...' that alluring feminine voice echoed within Karmic's mind but thankfully, she was well versed in doing multiple things at once while viewing her visions.

"Yes, that is my name. What are you getting on about!?" Karmic shouted out loud, not exactly caring if Zhu or anyone else behind her heard them.

'Illusions, or camouflage,' the voice answered simply and if it was possible for a disembodied voice to hold a smile, Karmic just experienced something weird and awful. There was a dull green glow that appeared to diffuse her forehead through no introduction of her own and a camouflaging spell was placed over herself and Zhu as they ran through the twisting passageways.

(edited)

@Rising Dusk

"My family can lose members in the blink of an eye, and now that it's just Blitz and me, I got some preservation to get done so we don't die out."

In time, he were sure that Blitz would find an unlucky stallion who were mortified of confrontation and didn't know what to do with her forwardness and madness, resulting in him suddenly finding himself with a wife, three foals and something on fire without really knowing how any of it happened. Yet that were not her burden to bear considering she were still at least five years off before she'd start to have those sort of thoughts, which put a timer on him to get something done, and he didn't have all that good luck for some reason. Perhaps the mares outside Center Zero were just too modest and didn't like the way he went at it, but surely, he'd find somepony eventually. Preferably tall and shy.. Mares like that always made the small hairs on the back of his neck curl up in joy.

"And you know, even if you're just an enforcer, that doesn't mean your job's exactly safe. All sorts of crazies you have to deal with, and some might get a funny idea involving you and a round with a bat or something. But, if we can get that cage working, we can at least make sure that bat needs to be swung by hooves, and not cheated out by a horn.

Actually... With the proper magnetic field, you could make a force to drag down anypony inside the cages, so they'd get all sluggish. Though, a gravitational field could be interesting if it worked... Alright, future project right there then. For now, I'd say we should get back, put up these things, and start working on adding some magic to metal."

Molotov found himself distracted for a moment as he thought on the benefit of a field to weigh down anypony caught in it, and the logistics in doing this without causing muscle tear, broken and bend bones, or spontaneous implosion, and almost wandered straight into a civilian. He were literally an inch from making impact before Blitz pulled in her leash and got him to swing his head, narrowly avoiding the mare, and almost causing the things in Blitz's crate to fall out, though he got them back in before the few things that tumbled off hit the ground. It was more or less a reflex after carrying tools around for years, even when he got distracted by a mare.

Quite a looker too now that he had a better look. Tall, elegant, big hat - who didn't have some flaws? - and as he adjusted his lenses, a healthy heat signature too.

Sadly, when she saw the lenses move and him grinning, the thoughts on what it meant were elsewhere for the mare, and she raised a hoof to slap him, then put it down again and simply wandered away with her muzzle in the sky. She didn't want to get a ticket from somepony who appeared to be in custody of an officer that she had seen a few times around town, as tempting as it were to show this... Ruffian what she thought of him.

As she wandered off, Molotov just shrugged and looked down on Blitz instead, considering that to be just one more in a long line of mares that just didn't get the joy of his company.

"What gives shorty?"

"There was a squirrel."

Molotov couldn't help but laugh at the strange reason Blitz had just given, but it figured. She had been in a forest for a month, and she was ten. Animals would catch her eye, and with her impulsive mind,s he likely wanted to see if she could catch it and make it her pet. Now he personally thought that pets were better build, but Blitz had a thing with living creatures, and always had. Though after what happened to her gerbil... *shiver* Man their mom had been furious back then.

"Crazy little thing, heh.

...Sorta forgot where we were in the conversation, but I'm thinking we went through the important parts anyway. You got a topic you want to cover, Dusky? I'm wondering what's rotating around that curious noggin of yours, and according to some ponies, I apparently ramble on for hours if I'm not stopped. I personally think that's a load of radish, but whenever I bring that up, and start to argue for it, I just get a lot of rolling eyes and sighs. Can you believe that? Just keeps saying I'm talking too much, and then I can't defend it without getting the look of somepony giving up."

It should be obvious from the way that he spoke that Molotov were not aware that he rambled on when it happened, and thought it was just others who were being too harsh on him for trying to add his own points to a pretty big accusation.

========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Several ponies have tried to contest her rule, usually through force, but the Royal Guards do well in containing threats like that if it begins to escalate, and Princess Celestia tends to do well in talking eye to eye with protesters, and listen to what their concerns are. It is why we generally do not have many protests to her rule, and instead, simply requests to discuss matters with her.

You should be somewhat aware around the generals if you do meet them, just in case. The old Solar Guard general have resigned, and I am not aware how open-minded his replacement - General iron Wings - are, and General Screecher, of the Night Guard, is a paranoid bat pony at times. She will not imprison you, but a guard detail to make sure you are kept safe for the betterment of both them and you, is not unheard of for visitors to the castle."

It were not widespread knowledge that Morning Dew had taken a step back after many years of service, but news traveled fast when you had connections. Personally, she were somewhat saddened to see him leave, even if she agreed that he needed to step down eventually. Dew were a resourceful and stalwart defender of Equestria, and had been a key element in making sure the Night and Solar guards worked as closely together now as they did. Hopefully he would give his ideals to the new general, and learn him how to be as good as the one he were replacing, or several things would just get worse for the kingdom. History had shown what happened when the guards did not work together in times of crisis, and it were not pretty, as well as rather disruptive to her business.

"I think you might need to stay entirely away from General Tidal Wave though. She is a peculiar mare, and are more likely to challenge you to a wrestling match than shackle you on sight, but she is unpredictable.

Now to return to the topics brought forth by you though, let me be brief and simply say that seasons are somewhat set, even when our weather is controlled. I personally believe it is simply Princess Celestia's wish to not impede things by meddling around with seasons length, but that is merely speculation. Perhaps she is not able to.

As for the most valuable thing in my store, that is an easy thing to answer. Follow me please."

Scarcity would lead Lin through rows and rows of things as she made her way to the other side of the store, whilst Brick all the while simply followed in silence, and looked around to see if there were anything out of the ordinary in here.

Soon enough, they'd reach a see-through cabinet that had several security measures taken around it, including the best in locks and glass she could find, magic wards, a layer on the box that would give of electrical shocks if somepony unauthorized tried to touch it, and a few sensors that would detect anypony get close enough and send out a horrendous amount of sound. If any being wanted to touch this box, it would not be without getting alarms ringing and traps set off, unless Scarcity willed it. Expensive measures and potentially overtly paranoid, but the value of this far, far exceeded what she spent on the security.

Inside the cabinet, were a large book. Unimpressive for the ones who did not know better, but for those who did, it were of great value and interest. Potentially also for Lin, as the carefully preserved cover showed a dragon standing behind an alicorn, with his claws on her shoulders. Below them, a pair of large, inscribed pillars marked the entrance to a town, where several dragons, ponies, and what were either half-breed or longma passed back and forth.

"The most controversial piece of history you are likely to find in pony or dragon society, and the only thing I have refused to give to the museum, though we are working out a deal that could end with them getting a hoof-written copy. After I have it properly restored that is.

What it depicts is an empire without any known name, ruled by ponies and dragons who walked there as equals. From what little that have been gathered so far in the painfully slow restoration, they even bred with one another, and lived in some degree of harmony, though the details are still dreadfully slow in getting there. Not just restoring it, but also translating the mess of ancient draconic and equine that makes up the language.

The validity of the book have been brought into question, but so far, it have proven to some degree to be true, and if it turns out to be the case fully, it might hold the secret to a few mysteries that is of more value to some than you can imagine: The origins of dragons, alicorns, and the divide that eventually split our groups apart. The historical importance of this, as well as the controversy from those who refuse to believe, make this without a doubt the most valued item I possess. It is quite literally priceless, as much as I hate to use that word, and I only have it shown because my tenuous deal with the authorities about my possession of this requires it, and an agreement never to sell it.

However, if you simply meant the most monetary value, I have a painting that came from the Castle of Two Sisters that are valued at 600.000 bits. Though I still consider this the best I have."

Scarcity had considered simply showing off the painting, but she were curious about something, and hoped to see some kind of answer here. That being if the hybrids she could see on the cover, and on the second page inside the book, were actually longma, rather than simply dragons and ponies that had actually crossbred. Or perhaps even more fascinating, if the longma had some descendants connected to this long forgotten empire, and them perhaps being the descendants of the half-breeds that escapes when the dragons and ponies began to fight. That one were unlikely honestly, but you never knew what the past might have held.

Meanwhile, in a grocery store some way from them, Rosa looked at Sen and shook his head.

"Appreciate the concern, but I have what I need."

Considering it was only a 2-4 day trip, he did not need much in the way of rations. Ideally he should perhaps, but he had to live off small meals before when things looked rough and he were unable to leave an area for en extended period of time, so he were used to it. Besides, if it were only 2-3 days, this would be more than enough to keep him sated. It would only get strained if he had to go a day or two further.

He'd have to talk to Sen and Lin about how to properly ration at some point more than likely, but for the time, they had to get this packed and leave the store before they began to hold up others for too long.

He'd pack the rest with Sen in silence, and afterwards, strap the rope in the box to himself, and started to walk out. It were surprisingly heavy already, but the wheels helped, and what he had planned would save them from having to drag this along too much, when things were finally ready for them to depart.

"...It seems to be in order. We need to look for a camping store now. One were down the street the last time I were in town, but I am not sure if it is still there. I believe it was called Living Rough or something along those lines, and it's another five to ten minute walk from here. We should get on our way, and try to keep our eyes open so we don't miss it.

In the meantime, can I ask you about your sister? There are some things that intrigues me about her, and I want to see if you can answer some of them. The most important of which, is how often can she make her gates, and does it take much energy from her? It could be important for our travels to know this in advance."

===================================================================================================

@BloodDrops

"The only friendly visitor I get isn't all that large."

Nerzhei referred to Lyriel, who she were technically supposed to oversee, but didn't need to be looked at too much. The dryad were essentially harmless and friendly, and more often than not, it was actually her that came looking for the dragoness, instead of the other way around. She supposed that were going to change now that Lyriel had breached the mental barrier she had against entering Ponyville and mingle with ponies, but it mattered little really. Nerzhei needed to follow Droppy around for a while now, which were unlikely to be a short adventure. She didn't consider herself that lucky.

She moved closer to the entrance to her cave, spear lifted and growling, prepared to defend the measly slice of the forest that she called home. What were about to approach she had noidea, but something told her that the creature that had left those clawmarks on her *door* were a good candidate. And if that was the case, Droppy was right. This was something big.

Granted, Droppy were likely to just eat the thing, but then what if it were something like a large Timberwolf? Sure she smashed them, but she couldn't eat them, and the wooden creatures kept coming back sooner or later. Resilient predators, although they could at least be taught to keep away. Other things like Chimera's were another deal. Nerzhei wasn't sure if they came this far away from their area, but it were simply an example of something that were less willing to take a hint and get lost.

"If it's edible, try to keep your chewing to one side so the rest can be packed for rations."

That would more or less be her only part in this more than likely. Taking the pieces left over, and make them usable later on for Droppy. Like she were a common butcher or something along those lines. Frankly it was demaning, but considering the alternative, what other choice did she really have?

=============================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

Anomaly looked at the ticket with big eyes and a gleeful smile. Then she opened wide and gulped the thing down in one mouthful.

Seeing as she had no pockets, Anomaly sometimes carried things in a side part next to her stomach. It was convenient for dragging things along, though it could be annoying to get out again sometimes, and weird for others when she put it there.

Last time she had to take something out, she had really debated just eating her own head to get easier access, but she had gotten what she looked for before it got that far.

"Peh, needed ranch. And I can't open portals to other worlds. Only ones I can work with are through trees, or getting a big plant to rise up and tunnel me around. Sorta like a tatzelwurm, but less devouring and stuff.

Discord and the other ones are the big, big, BIG! users of chaos. They can do that sorta fun stuff all the time, I think. I can't do all that fancy stuff, but I'm still changing everything around, like a real draconequus!

Oh, and real draconequui talk. WHo's your friend? How old are you even? And duh! Of course she can be young. No creature just went *I'm born age 524* or something, big silly-head. Everything starts being no age. That's why I'm not as old as Discord, but just 572. New life, new clock to count time.

Your friend is resurrected too? Oh, or a child of a draconequus? I always wondered if we could spawn. You know, like ponies, not make copies, because we can totally do that, but have tiny weird kiddies."

=================================================================================================================

@Dji @Lloyd

So now Karmic were starting to talk to herself. If he had the time for it, Zhu might be worried at this revelation, as well as the sudden magical powers that the mare used to cloak the two of them, which seemed to be out of character for somepony like her. If he had been dealing with a changeling however, this would not be out of character for one of them.

The rumors swirled around the Changeling Goo and what it could do, with a total control being the one he had assumed to be right off the bat. Evidence now showing though, seemed to indicate that perhaps it was more of a situation like with Emerald. A presence, locked in the body of a host. The difference being mainly that Emerald took total control, and this thing had to work together with the hostess to some degree.

That it appeared to be more of a symbiote than a parasite were not good enough though, and he'd have to keep a close eye on her if he managed to get out of here and had the time. Who knew what might happen the longer it were attached? Potentially it would just steal Karmic's body, but it could also gather enough power to do without a host, and then they could have a far greater issue on their hooves.

"Efficient, though keep the tempo. I do not trust that one of them would not find us by magical means or accidental physical contact."

======================================================================================================

(Ignore this tag Dji. For some reason I can't delete it)

@Dji

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Dji

Sapphire ran ahead as her eye leaked magic out, the cracked gem not able to hold magic as efficiently. But they were lucky, as the gem hadn't cracked all the way through, so it would release all it's magic. Sapphire created a sword in her hoof, teleporting ahead of them all, right next to Zhu and Karmic. Her crystal eye red, swinging her sword at them. "Come out Emerald!" She yelled as she swung her sword at Karmic, without a thought for the pony who Emerald possessed.

"Don't!" Astral teleported, and ran into Sapphire to push her away, but instead Sapphire just let go, just throwing the sword at Karmic.

========================

@Blitz Boom

"It's not that I don't know anything about her. I just can't trust if she told me the truth." He said, glaring at her for a bit. "You make me wonder what advantage I get from sharing this. I'm still in here either way."

(edited)

"I've turned 17 recently, and my friend, she's the one who cheered me up when I first showed up in the other universe. Needless to say she's nice and kinda pretty."

The lack of portal ability wasn't a problem, Lucid was able to open portals anyway. He gave her some tiny cube he conjured up a while back.

"Take this, it'll take you to my universe whenever you want to go there."

A lightbulb appeared above Lucid's head, he had an idea.

"I know this is out of nowhere, but you know those human phones and internet? I could make a whole lot of bits off that! Oh! I could buy an airship with bits like that!"

Of course he could conjure his own, but that'd be too easy. Only losers take the easy way out!

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Lin's abilities is something she knows more than Sen could, but what he could give about it is more on what he could extrapolate from past observation. Even her upper limit is unknown since she hasn't tried to actually try to tire herself out from simply opening gates. She didn't see the need to try it but it is understandable that given their last situation, she may know how much she could do before she tired herself out.

"Sister could open some gates without tiring out too much, but she could only open them one at a time. If you ask her to open gates in quick succession, she could do that but not too much. Her abilities aren't natural to her; she wasn't born with them and she is still learning about how far she could push them. It came with her being cured of dark magic and given a new body since her original one withered away. So... I guess if you want gates opened fast and won't let anything larger than yourself to get through, she can manage that." 

Not the way Lin would've put it but now this might raise even more issues. Sen already had a conversation with Rosa about how odd and off-putting Omen's mother is and about the whole master issue. It's strange, sure, but by this point, Sen thinks he's pretty much put into a family of oddities and just runs with it simply because it works. It's the closest it can get to having some semblance of order while having to come to terms that his old life is gone. Having someone from the village sympathize with him is a plus but it isn't saying much when there are still others wary of him.

Now on Lin's end, the book and its contents were definitely intriguing, her eyes widened with Scarcity continuing on about what could potentially be her own kind's history. Strangely enough, she had little to work with, knowing only folk tales handed down from generation to generation and working with the slightest implication that there was a grain of truth somewhere in the tale. It made her forget about what she previously asked and Scarcity's response about the royal guards, though she would keep the names in mind.

"I don't know what to say," Lin slowed down, slowing her breaths without skipping a beat but eventually realizing this didn't ease her own concern about finding the truth behind her own kind's folk tales, especially about their origins. "This is interesting, dragons and pony kind living in harmony with each other... though that bit about cross breeding is a little unsettling. I don't think they thought about compatibility unless there's some kind of magic involved. If it did, it would really need to be advanced, almost as if they found it in a grimoire or something." 

"I suppose if hybrids were a thing... Unless this is to suggest these things are longma. Does this have something to do with me and Sen, Scarcity?"  

She looked at her with a cocked eyebrow, a little suspicious about where this is going. There might be more than the tales suggest but no one in the village knows the truth behind it, or if it is even true at all. Maybe it's all just one big fabrication to let them all sleep better at night. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd

KARMIC FATE

Karmic had no idea what was happening at the moment, her senses all seemed to be focused on trying to run away from her pursuers. That is, until she heard a shout and a whistling noise.

DUCK!’ Karmic has no reason to trust the voice, yet amidst all the panic, she managed to duck and slide against the floor, her momentum carrying her forward until she hit the wall at the next bend. The spell that the voice put over her and Zhu fizzled out when she made impact and was groaning in slight pain by the time the sword had clattered against the wall and fallen to the floor.

@Blitz Boom

The idea of adding in a some extra features to the proposed cage to accommodate other criminals than just unicorns.  Adding in a magnetic field was easily doable with Deep Iron.  Keeping iron chains on the criminals would make their movements slow and limited in the field.  Granted, it was a spell Rising Dusk was all that familiar with and imbuing the cage with the spell would be difficult for him.  The idea of making it a gravitation field though might be going too far.  The sky became painted in oranges and pinks as dusk gripped the city on the way to night time.

"Gravity fields I think would be too hard on the heart of the one inside the cage.  Extra strain would be added in attempt to keep blood flowing through the body that was being forced to one's hooves.  Bones and joints can be accounted for, but the internal workings of the body are another story... Plus, casting gravity spells are beyond me."

Rising Dusk could easily admit that.  Sure, if there was a gravity field in the area caused by the spell he could get rid of it with a flick of his magic.  To expand the project beyond spell suppression, they'd have to take it to somepony more versed in magic than he.  Magnetic field spells are even pushing it for his abilities.

"Trying a magnetic enhancement would be just fine for law enforcement needs.  But perhaps at a point after we've gotten the prototype suppression cage up and running."

Their venture back to the fortress workshop had slowed with the sudden pause of the young filly spotting a squeal or some such creature, an odd place to see one on this side of the city at this time of day.  Of course though, Molotov's attention was drawn to another pony passing by the trio.  A lot more attention than he's normally seen so far to this one mare.  Pausing long enough to look over his shoulder to watch the gizmo on his head adjusting, analyzing the mare before him.  Then he watched her glance at him right before going in to slap the poor slightly love stuck stallion trying to keep his family line going.  To his surprise, she didn't, but he knew that look, the one a pony gives when they notice law enforcement around and wanting to play extra nice.  Odd though, he was in his normal attire and his badge was tucked securely in the pouch of his hoodie.  Well, Rising Dusk did get around the city after all, and been in the newspaper one too many times for his liking for cracking cases or dispelling magical injured ponies in the hospitals.  He wouldn't have given her a ticket for something like that, short of her slapping Molotov with a weapon or curse.  At that point it'd probably be a full arrest rather than a ticket though.  When she wandered off, he couldn't help but smirk before turning to continue the journey.

He was about to answer the other stallions question, even getting as far as to open his mouth, before Molotov rambled off again.  Some ponies just more preferred speaking their minds and had a lot they wanted to say.  Rising Dusk wasn't really on of those kind of ponies.

"I'm much more of a listener than I am a talker Molotov.  And beyond the newly discovered fact that I need to pay attention more in my love life, I got nothing.  Perhaps something Blitz would like to talk about?"

@Rising Dusk

"I want to make explosions, pretty things in the sky, and then up, up, and awaaaay!"

Blitz ran around as best her leash allowed her to, before Molotov used his horn to take it off her, at which point she'd run around the two of them, giggling, and bouncing up and down to make her wings clang.

"Flying looks fun. Even more fun than fireworks, or blowing holes into mountains! That's really fun too, especially if the wood puppies are there. They get all jumpy, and then there's lots of bark to use for even more explosions! Ehehehe!"

Molotov looked down at Blitz as best he could, as she started to babble off one thing after another that she liked to do and talk about.

Mom always said that Blitz had the brain of a genius, stuck inside the body of a sugar-hyped squirrel, and times like this he really couldn't argue against it. Especially since she could go on like this for hours sometimes, before all of a sudden just crash and burn. Man the first time he had seen her just pass out after rambling on... Much as she had been an annoyance at times when he were working, he cared deeply for his sister, and seeing her just collapse and not respond to external stimuli had made him freak out. They had to tranquilize him just so that they could explain what was going on.

Granted, it didn't help that unless she were kept closely under watch or given a sedative, Blitz sometimes didn't sleep for days, as she had more energy than common sense in conserving it, and too many ideas she wanted to get out of her head and into reality. Eventually, she'd have used it all and just pass out for hours, or even days, before getting right back up and continue like nothing ever happened. He didn't want her to be like this, as he recalled the talk the biologists had with his mom about the dangers this could cause, so he sneaked a little something into her evening snack.

Yeah yeah, it was unethical, and so what? Lesser of two evils, and the stuff he used were completely organic. Trading sleep deprivation for a pill addiction wasn't exactly his idea of a fix.

All of a sudden, Blitz would stop speeding around them, and stop right in front of Rising, who she'd look up at with big eyes, a happy smile, and a crazed look that could make you question her sanity.

"Do you work with explosions? Huh? Huh? Huh? Or just funny magic things? Do they explode? Is it dangerous? Do they eat ponies? Have you been eaten? Are you a zombie? Can magic make you a zombie? Do you like brains? Are you gonna eat us?"

Molotov chuckled at the onslaught of questions began to flood at Rising. He had wanted her to say something, and sure enough, the filly had complied. The stallion would almost bet that the officer wished that he hadn't right about now, though the results should be entertaining. Especially if he went into the role as listener and just kept standing there, letting her talk, because Molotov could say one thing for sure: Rising's ears were gonna fall off before Blitz would stop with her increasingly weird questions, if she didn't get some answers in return.

===============================================================================================================

@Dji @Lloyd

Zhu ducked as the sword got swung towards him from the suddenly appearing pony, but he couldn't do anything for Karmic. Thankfully for the mare, it seemed like her *passenger* were very interested in keeping its vessel intact, as he doubted the mare had simply been this agile and used to attacks on her own. Not from what he had seen, in any case.

Jumping backwards as the spell fizzled out, to get a bit of distance between himself and Sapphire, he suddenly found himself tackled by a small mare that had appeared shortly after the witch, and found himself pinned to the floor, with the mare in question holding a hoof to his throat.

"You're under arrest for tre-"

Further Tidal Wave didn't get before she were violently flung off by the wind magic, and sent back down the path the three mares had been originally.

"I have seen what is to come. The suffering, the destruction, blood dripping and screams caught in chains. You cannot fathom what it would mean to fail."

He talked as he rolled away and got on his paws, withdrawing an etched diamond that he pointed towards Astral.

"I find no joy in this. Emrezhual, karah-"

In the midst of his spell, a metallic shoe would come flinging from behind the others, and hit him straight in the head, forcing him to stagger back, and instinctively letting go of the diamond. A nasty piece of spellwork embedded in there that - if he had been able to finish the sentence - would have engulfed Astral, and encased her in stone. Nothing that would be impossible to revert for a seasoned spell user, but it would take time, especially since stone were not as resilient to damage as flesh if something were to push a fragile statue down. Astral Could well loose a leg, if not more, without much really stopping it, and that would be far harder to correct.

Sapphire might know this magic, as the relic he had taken out to use were not an entirely unknown dark magic object, which would be unlikely to cause her anger towards Zhu to lessen. Holding what were unkindly referred to as *The cockatrice's eye* towards her daughter, and speaking the beginning of three words that would activate the stoning effect, were likely to be highly unwise, to put it mildly.

The same object could be used to reverse the stoning magic of course, if you knew the words, but it would not change the fact that it were a potentially life-threatening attack on Astral. For Zhu's sake, he should hope nopony else knew how to use the gem, or he might find the now-dropped item turned his way, seconds before a mallet would finish what had been started.

As for Karmic's and his escape options, that were now in the hooves of the future-seeing mare, and her symbiotic partner. The head injury Zhu had just gotten from Tidal Wave's thrown shoe had disoriented him and left him unable to react to much right now, so unless the unwilling partners had some kind of trick up their sleeves, they were about to get arrested, and likely tried for treason. Or well, Zhu were at least. If Karmic were lucky, she could plead her actions were not her own, and controlled by the serpanther and/or the symbiote. Shown right, it might end up saving her, though she'd still be kept in a cell until the presence in her head were somehow extracted again of course.

==============================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Yes, well... Your sentence could be reduced if you give us something to work with. I mean, I don't uhm... Not sure how long you're going to be some- Here, I mean. But less time would be better, right?"

Hogweed had some idea that Warlock's sentence were already up in around fifty years minimum, considering the damages and danger to law enforcement he had presented, but he hadn't killed anypony from what she were aware of, so there was the chance that he could reduce his sentence if he complied with them, and perhaps even further on than that.

"We could also get you some help? Turn you around, work for uhm... I mean, towards redeeming yourself. Wouldn't you rather be good, and free? There's some uhm... Sin to work off I guess, but you could work on it. Helping us would be a good first step.

I could also look at your wounds, perhaps? The legs look bad - Really bad - but there's some good prostheses that could help, and if you have something... Uhm, other wounds, right. I can have a look at those? I'd have to know what the other one said first though, even if it's perhaps not entirely true."

She really hated interacting with prisoners like this... And this could go on for hours, if Hailstorm were going to rummage through a lot of old records. What an absolute nightmare... Especially since she had no idea how to be a negotiator, or even what Warlock might want,. Well, besides getting free of course, but they couldn't have that. He were extremely dangerous.

================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"I was only referring to one at a time. If she can expend little energy in making a portal, we can stash the rations somewhere else, and only retrieve some of it when needed. The less we have to carry, the faster we can complete our trip."

It were simple really. A several day trip would require them to carry a good deal of rations, water, and so forth. It would slow them down, and ultimately, could leave them in danger in case they needed to fight. It would be better if they could use a storage room, and have a portal lead between it and them, but he supposed he needed to ask Lin personally about it. Sen did not know well enough the nature of her powers, yet it had been worth a try.

What else he said though, ended up giving Rosa more questions than answers. It did somewhat explain to him why Lin looked as she did, when Sen did not - although he had considered that a female trait from their kind, or something to do with her connection with Omen - but getting a new body? This was something of interest, and not only to him unfortunately, as he saw a few ponies here and there start to whisper. It may not be about them, as it were too low for him to hear with all the other noise here, but a little paranoia tended to help more than it hurt.

"While I find what you say informative, Sen, keep in mind that others do too. The city has ears. I doubt tragedy will be used against you, though keep in mind that at high alert like this, more are taking notice of what happens around them.

As for Lin's... Situation, I would like to know more. Just not here."

Rosa glanced around to see if anypony were closing in on them, before wandering to the left, seeing if perhaps the store were behind the group of ponies in the way. It had been a rather short affair the last time he had been there, so checking everywhere would be the preferred method. That or asking for directions, but the two were a quirky couple as it were, so he'd prefer not to make contact unless necessary.

Meanwhile, Scarcity looked upon the bok with a smirk on her face, sending a short glance towards Lin beforehoof, to try and seem as if she were making a comparison.

"Not you two specifically, though you can see why I find you interesting, yes? To think that perhaps the a link between dragons and ponies still exist somewhere in the world, or that ancestors that walked among the harmonic rule of scale and hoof might live, and could shed light upon this forgotten history... Why, if I were a historian, I would be positively giddy with joy. As it is though, I still find great curiosity in history, and what you might be able to gain from the past. Admittedly, my sight tend to be set on monetary vale, but it does not mean that I cannot hold some interest in a potentially shared kinship as well.

As for your theory on magic being used, it is hard to say for certain. The origins of alicorns are shrouded in mystery, so perhaps something came of this town that could accommodate both that change, and the mixing of dragon and pony. Or perhaps it have simply not been shown in so long, because dragons and ponies does not mix well in general? I find it challenging to believe that they could breed without some kind of external assistance, but stranger things have happened, and will continue to happen.

It is a reason why I at times inquire about a certain dragon working for the royal guards. A blacksmith of all things, if you can believe that, and the first dragon I have personally seen in a relationship with a pony. Such a strange sight it is, though if things goes well for them, they too could be a piece in the mystery that lies in these ancient pages.Or potentially beneficiaries, if there lies secrets to this interracial mingling hidden on a page that have yet to be translated.

Ah, but I digress. Whilst I had hoped you may hold answers for me, this was not what you came for. Shall I direct us to the room where the statue should stand?"

Ancient ties with dragons and ponies or not, Scarcity were still going to get some use out of the longma siblings. The usage she had intended when this had all begun, though a bonus in the form of information could have been good. This were the only known book of its kind after all, and the information were hard to get. Having an information source via another race with potential ties would have potentially helped things along, but alas, things were seemingly not as simple as that.

=========================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

Cherish had no idea what was going to happen after the potion had been drunk, but she admittedly thought it would be something more... Instantaneous, she guessed? As it stood right now, it just seemed like Serenade had drunk something that had a bad aftertaste. Perhaps if she waited a bit more something would happen. Hopefully not something scary or painful.

=======================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

(before gaining the cube)

Anomaly's ears managed to catch the small snippet the poquus had tried to hide from her. Spiff that the spare parts that were used on her there had been cat ears, and not like... She wasn't sure. No ears? Human ears? She heard those sorts had horrible hearing. Cats were better, though not as good as bats. Bat ears would've been cool.

"Lucid has a cruuuuuush."

Despite having no lips, Anomaly still made a few smooching sounds as she returned to her former position again and went into a giggle. Sure it wasn't all that nice, but come on, it was fun, and kinda cute. Sure it might've not worked before since he had just been a pony, but now he were more of a... Freak of nature seemed about right. Anyway, better chance, and possibly more years to hit on his queen of hearts.

(after the cube was handed her way)

Anomaly glanced at the cube for a moment while Lucid yapped on about... Something. She wasn't really listening, or thinking for that matter.

"Sweet. So I just do this?"

And with that, she would activate it. Or try to at least. If it were meant to be pushed, twisted, or thrown to the ground, she'd get it. If neither of those, she'd just poke at it after it hit the ground, trying to see if it would go off.

• Brohoof 1

"And you got a crush on uh... I actually don't have a comeback for this one."

He could say Anomaly had a crush on Discord, but it was more likely she simply looked up to him. He could read her mind to find out, but she probably wouldn't take too kindly to that.

"All you gotta do is say *open* and the portal will open. Also, does Twilight have a pond or a fountain? Maybe we could put dish soap in it!"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"If you're ok with walking all the way back then I guess that's fine."

Victoria smiled at them, she would have been perfectly happy to walk there and back alone but it made her feel good that her friends wanted to come with her, and not having to make a return trip was definitely a positive. 

"And again, it's ok Pop I forgive you. I'm excited to see Battenberg's reaction myself, it was great the first time she saw me changing but now we can really connect I think."

"Are you sure you'll be able to find us dear?"

Lemon seemed to have warmed completely up to Benny now, she still kept her distance but she seemed genuinely concerned about him now, must have been her motherly instinct. 

"He'll be fine aunty, He knows where to go to get good cake! He's loving this stuff, I don't think it's possible for him to get lost or left behind."

Heather giggled, she didn't understand the obsession with cake around here but she did appreciate her two cousins' work and loved to see how happy it made people, pony and dragon alike. She wished she could appreciate it as much as they could.

"Be quick Benny."

Victoria gave him a cute little wink before beginning to move on, she didn't want him to miss out on time spent with friends.

Edited by Victoria Sponge

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

"No, Lucid, Twilight doesn't have a fountain or a pond. Her castle mostly has private quarters and a large library. Don't mess it up, though, because if I know Twilight, she doesn't like it if anyone makes a mess of the library. And neither does Spike..."

Twilight could get hysterical when she's angry, but Fluttershy knew better than to try it. The princess could get really nit-picky with getting the books catalogued and organized just right. Or maybe Fluttershy's innocently insensitive babbling might have just given both Anomaly and Lucid some ideas. She really ought to watch her mouth now.
=====================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"I wish I have an explanation but unfortunately, the longma don't have a definite explanation about our origins. I guess you can say there enough minds who agree that the old tales are simply fabrications, only partially true but no one has ever had a chance to delve into how true any of it may be. Either that or no one bothers to remember it because they're trying to get by each day and our history isn't relevant to current matters. Maybe one day that will change..." 

Secretly, Lin really wants to find out just what really happened, where they came from and what led to their current state of affairs. Sen is... less than enthusiastic about doing so but he can be persuaded to go. Frankly, there have been whispers among the elder and his council that they are just as interested in finding out for themselves. Perhaps Lin could come back and find out something about the book another time. If anything, peppering the common tongue with old words might have some esoteric use if she could recognize a few words from the book. 

"I should see where you want the statue; I might be able to get it into place without fiddling with it too much. If I could digress for a moment, may I have a look at the book's contents after returning with the statue? I admit the contents have got me thinking about the longma history."

But while the feeling of curiosity and excitement had Lin something to look forward to once their task is accomplished, Sen was feeling a little more sullen than he expected. Maybe it was just something that affirmed a deep-seated or repressed thought he didn't believe was true. Someone could use their own tragedy against them. Why that is the case he may never know for sure but he is disgusted with the idea. 

He kept what Rosa said in mind and quietly replied, "I might know where to keep the rations until we need them. Let's get the rest of our necessities."

"Library, huh? I once saw a bunch of books on why the royal guards are useful, maybe we should put those all in the fiction section."

Lucid had another idea also.

"Another thing we can do is put statues of myself all over the bedrooms! Oh and we can also take the table map thing and put it in the bathroom! She'll be so confused!"

@Blitz Boom

Warlock looked to his missing legs as they spoke. "A pony of my crimes deserves no help." He said blatantly, a mindset he had ever since he used dark magic. Ignoring the worlds changing perspective on evil ponies even now. "Do you really think I can just walk back from what I did and get accepted into society?" He tilted his head as he spoke.

The guard with anti magic armor, looked to Warlock. "If we didn't think that we wouldn't be offering the possibility to you."

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk had probably just opened Pandora's Box with his discussion to shift the topic to something Blitz Boom wanted to talk about.  But he figured it'd be a good way to get to know the filly a little better.  He was already starting to get a good grasp of her older brother after the last couple hours together.  When released from her leash, she was a bouncing ball of joy, powered by her own willpower to be in such a state rather than relying on sugar like most young ponies.

It was rather refreshing really, granted he didn't know of the hardships she experienced running at 200% at all times, as they continued their journey to the east side of the city.  He listened and nodded at the appropriate moments as she rambled on.  Very similar to her brother, if at a much higher speed and less grip on the world around them.  She was a young unicorn that dreamed of flying, and he hoped that one day she could finish her wing project and do just that.  Rising Dusk preferred his hooves firmly on the ground, thank you very much.  There were of course spells that could allow one flight through magic, but with the current condition of her horn, that would not be likely.

The shift to mention of wooden puppies though caused the stallion to raise his eyebrow.  The filly knew of Timber Wolves?  And had interest in them?  How odd.  Although, if she had been in the Everfree Forest long enough, she'd probably have had an encounter with them.  True to her cutie mark though, the majority of the information dump remained focused on explosives.  She'll be moving mountains in no time.  Whether that'd be a good or bad thing remained to be seen.

Rising Dusk had to suddenly put on the breaks though as the filly suddenly stood in front of his path.  Letting the cart thud his back with the brace of his shoulders to keep from running the filly over.  Now finding himself under assault of a barrage of inquired.

"No I don't.  Just magic things.  Yes it can.  Yes it's dangerous.  No they don't.  No I haven't.  No I'm not.  Yes it can.  Brains help us think.  No I'm not."

Rising Dusk rambled off his own short replies to all the questions asked of him, in order of course after she took a break in her questioning long enough to take a breath.  Smiling down to the young filly blocking his path demanding answers of him.  Such things he was more than capable of keeping up with.  Part of the gift of being a great listener, not forgetting what he was listening to.  Even if at times it didn't look like he was paying attention.  His father joked at times that Rising Dusk would make the best waiter, as he wouldn't forget a order.

"Quite the focus on food.  Are you hungry?"

Edited by Rising Dusk

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @Dji

Sapphire stood there, her eye sparking with magic and anger after missing Karmic. Astral now right next to her, and creating a shield to deflect the spell as Zhu cast it, just in case, keeping it up even after it was interrupted. "If you feel no joy, then you should stop doing any of this now!" Sapphire said, holding her magical construct that was her sword, towards Zhu.

Astral looked to Sapphire, expressing the confusion towards the magic she felt coming off Sapphire at that moment, which felt like illusion magic. "Don't you think working with the generals could prevent any horrific futures, rather than turning evil to do it?" She asked, looking back to Zhu. Sapphire giving a glance to Astral. "At least give us a chance to fathom what is to come by letting them help!"

"Ponies like these aren't easily changed." She looked to Karmic, but it was as if her eyes were not looking at Karmic, but rather the thing inside her.

"Let's just let him talk to us before we say that."

Edited by Lloyd

(edited)
On 5/24/2018 at 10:44 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"The only friendly visitor I get isn't all that large."

Nerzhei referred to Lyriel, who she were technically supposed to oversee, but didn't need to be looked at too much. The dryad were essentially harmless and friendly, and more often than not, it was actually her that came looking for the dragoness, instead of the other way around. She supposed that were going to change now that Lyriel had breached the mental barrier she had against entering Ponyville and mingle with ponies, but it mattered little really. Nerzhei needed to follow Droppy around for a while now, which were unlikely to be a short adventure. She didn't consider herself that lucky.

She moved closer to the entrance to her cave, spear lifted and growling, prepared to defend the measly slice of the forest that she called home. What were about to approach she had noidea, but something told her that the creature that had left those clawmarks on her *door* were a good candidate. And if that was the case, Droppy was right. This was something big.

Granted, Droppy were likely to just eat the thing, but then what if it were something like a large Timberwolf? Sure she smashed them, but she couldn't eat them, and the wooden creatures kept coming back sooner or later. Resilient predators, although they could at least be taught to keep away. Other things like Chimera's were another deal. Nerzhei wasn't sure if they came this far away from their area, but it were simply an example of something that were less willing to take a hint and get lost.

"If it's edible, try to keep your chewing to one side so the rest can be packed for rations."

That would more or less be her only part in this more than likely. Taking the pieces left over, and make them usable later on for Droppy. Like she were a common butcher or something along those lines. Frankly it was demaning, but considering the alternative, what other choice did she really have?

Droppy let out a snort and rolled her eyes she growled at the creature as it approached and then stopped. She began to talk to the creature, though only some muffled sounds came from outside. Though from the occasional sound from Droppy it wasn't hostile though like she was greeting a old friend/ aquatint. Droppy moved closer to the cave, "Yeah i'm sure Nerzhei doesn't mind you scratching at her door, or rock or whatever it is. You lost your temple huh? That's tough, I feel that. Though not sure if they have any temples here, not big ones you could fit in at any rate" she remarked to her friend.

She trotted back into the cave and blinked at Nerzhei. "you know any temple builders or any unused temples or have any building experience of temples?" she asked her before glancing as her friend tried to squeeze inside of the cave. Droppy frowned, "Like I said you don't fit, or maybe you do now" she grumbled as her friend pushed her way into the cave causing a large hole to appear, she shook her head "your very clumsy, Sphinxy" she grumbled.

mlp_vector___the_sphinx_of_southern_eque

Sphinxy stared around the cave and glanced at the dragon, "Peasant! Give me sustenance" she growled down at the dragon. She was hungry after all, though she could get some food from the plague walker. "Plague Walker, sustenance!" she growled down at her after a slight pause. 

Droppy tilted her head, "Not been called that in awhile. Let me see, hmmm. How about this one? An iron horse with a flaxen tail. The faster the horse runs, the shorter his tail becomes. What is it?" she asked the Sphinx. 

Sphinxy stayed quiet for awhile. She was thinking of the answer. She wasn't quick as she once was though she could still ponder the answer. Not like the zombie gave her a time limit after all.

Edited by BloodDrops

@Rising Dusk

"Hungry for brains? Nuhuh, nope, no. Apples tastes better. And pineapple, soup, muffins, cupcakes, caramel, radishes hayfries, fr-"

"You'll get your snack when we get home Blitz. Speaking of, wanna go up and see how close we are?"

The filly would be out of Rising's way instantly as she heard that, and impatiently waited fro her brother to put down the crate of her stuff, as well as the box he had gotten. Afterwards, the Molotov would fold out the metallic wings on his back and flap up into the air. As Rising would be able to see, this were an action taken without his horn, as that were not the part of him that were currently glowing.

The wires going from the base of the metal plate keeping said wings on - how were not shown, but it seemed unlikely to latch on without something underneath keeping it there - glowed a slight blue, whilst the gem around his neck that the wires were connected with, had a stronger, deep-blue hue to it.

He'd grab hold of Blitz with his front hooves and flap up with her so they reached above the rooftops. At which point, he'd start to talk to her about something that were hard to hear, though it seemed to excite Blitz, who almost fell out of his grip with her wriggling.

They'd be down again within a minute, and after Molotov folded the wings in again, the light in the wires and the gem slowly began to fade out, as the stored energy were not actively used anymore, and he began to use his horn to return one box to his back, and get the other one lifted again.

Blitz meanwhile, used the time to bounce forward down the road, just like she had seen Pinkie Pie do constantly back in Ponyville. It weren't perfect, and it went somewhat slowly, but in all fairness, she were weighed down with the metal from her currently ornamental wings. It weren't as easy as it were for somepony who wandered free of burdens. Plus Blitz were certain that logic had nothing to do with Pinkie, considering the things she had seen the mare do. It was one of the things that made the mare so awesome to her.

"We should be there in around seven minutes it looks like."

Molotov poked the gem around his neck, then shook his head.

"I really have to figure out a way to cut the power more efficient than this. It's just wasting charge right now.

Heh, bet you don't know what I'm on about right now. I'll show you the schematics when we get back to the workshop. They should talk louder on my design than anything else.

Anyway, you don't need to worry about Blitz being hungry. She got her dinner a half hour before you showed up earlier, but she's always happy for a snack. Though in your case, it's just how the questions that popped out of her head went that lead her there. The whole zombie thing, you know? Blitz is pretty much controlled by impulse, and when she gets hyped up like this, her questions goes off in rampant fire.

Frankly I'm surprised how well you did handling it too. A lot of ponies ends up finding her challenging to deal with when she's like that, but you kept a good cool over the whole situation, and even kept up with her questions. You're gonna do great when you have a crazed foal of your own one day, Dusky."

Blitz were a special case, but all foals could end up having episodes of sugar-hyped randomness, filled with strange actions and bizarre questions. It could really take it out of you if you had no idea what you were dealing with, or didn't have some ear plugs so you could ignore it, but Rising hadn't broken a sweat. Molotov honestly admired that about him.

=====================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine

"Nuh-uh, I'm not going inside the castle. Twilight is dangerous. Turn's draconequui into stone and everything. Better to make a garden gift."

It were true that Twilight technically couldn't do that anymore, considering the elements of harmony were not in play, but who could say for sure that she didn't have other tricks up her sleeve? Better to mess with her from the safe outside, and not inside the castle that Anomaly could literally not break into. Seriously, she had tried a dozen times after getting here, but she couldn't get through the walls, the floors had no cracks she could grow up through, the door were more or less sealed, she couldn't open a small portal to the rooms, and the time she had tried to fly in, she had hit her head on something she couldn't see.

Discord might be able to get in there, but he were way stronger and perhaps had a better relationship with the princess. Friendship and all that jazz. Bottom line were that this draconequus were locked out. She wouldn't admit it to them of course, but knowing Lucid, the cheating mind-reader could see what went through her head right now.

"Oh, Flutterpony? No reason to worry. Ponds and fountains are totally getting installed outside. What's a garden without that? What are the fishes, frogs and horrible interplanetary monsters gonna drink and swim it without it?

Well, depends on the monsters I guess... I bet some of those are stinky. Meh, if something like that comes around, I'm thinking you'd be way more concerned about them to worry about the water anyway, hehe."

============================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"I'm afraid that there is only one being I would ever trust to touch the book, but I can arrange for copies of her notes and current pages to be provided within a few days. If your people have some insight, it would be potentially groundbreaking.

But that is for the future. Follow me, if you will."

Scarcity lead the way to the counter, where a stallion stood, looking quite like a high end librarian. The look he sent towards Lin were short, as Scarcity waved him off as they passed him, but it showed some curiosity. Not the demeanor of somepony who looked down on her, as you might think from somepony that looked as he did, but simply questions that came from seeing her following his boss. Yet as with so many of Scarcity's best employees, he wouldn't ask questions, but simply returned to waiting for the nobles that he had helped before, who should be there shortly with the details of the  object they wished to purchase. He'd have to arrange travel for the item after that, so he had plenty to do without getting involved in his boss' business.

The mare in question would lead them down a hall that were lined with beautiful tapestry and the occasional painting, that gave the surroundings a lovely, calm feeling, much like the store behind them had. More up scale than one might think for a simple hallway, but that were part of having class in Scarcity's eyes. Had to make the entire establishment look presentable, and not simply the part of it that most stayed in.

Eventually she'd lead them into a room on the right, where several boxes of varying sizes stood along the walls. In the middle, were a large area cleared out.

"Welcome to one of my storage rooms. When you produce the statue, I would like it if you could place it in the middle of the room in here, and don't worry about it being somewhat wet. I am in the process of having the room cleared entirely and readied for a potential increase in water levels.  Dreadfully annoying, but one can never take too many precautions, no?"

The room - when cleared - would serve as a pretty good place for the statue, though how Scarcity were going to get it out might be harder to say. More than likely, there were a door or otherwise large opening hidden behind one of the boxes that could be used. Otherwise, it would just be trapped in here, and what would the point being in that?

As for Sen, Rosa had not taken notice of how the message that somepony might use Sen's tragedy against him, but he wouldn't have said it was a lie if he had either. Most ponies were either nice, or thought using something bad somepony did as a weapon to be disgusting, but not everypony were good. Some were bad, ad some sought any advantage they could get in life. If that meant ruining everything for a single being to benefit themselves somehow, that wouldn't mean anything to them.

Things were likely okay, but Rosa couldn't exactly ignore his paranoia about these sort of things. In his line of business, *better safe than sorry* held a good deal of weight.

Getting past the other ponies, he finally spotted what he were looking for, and waved Sen closer.

It was a small, somewhat unimpressive shop, simply called *Wilderness Shop*. Not the most imaginative Rosa had ever encountered, but he'd take it currently, as he could see camping equipment through the windows, showing that they were in the right place.

"I need to get our food supply secured before I can go in. Try to see if you can find a tent that will fit you and Lin, and I will be in there shortly."

===============================================================================================================

@Victoria Sponge

Benny grinned at the ponies when they questioned whatever or not he'd be able to find them.

"No matter where, no matter when, I can always find my mate. Her smell's pretty distinctive."

He booped his nose, and began gathering up the rest of the things when he heard Pop approaching, and turned around to be met with a surprise kiss from the mare. It was a short one, which did not leave his brain with much time to react on it before it was too late, leaving him somewhat befuddled and with a darker hue spreading on his scaly cheeks..

"Get to us soon, okay? I know it'd mean a lot to them if you're there too."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

The two of them went each their way after that, with Pop sharing a small blush on her cheeks with Benny. These little things were silly, she would admit, but it felt right to her, and among the things she had learned whilst being together with Benny, it were that thinking over everything were not good. Logistics of offspring, lifespan, perception by others and so on, were all things that would put a dampener on things. Going with the flow and not thinking on the long term logic worked better, and besides, she enjoyed making him blush sometimes, considering how often he enjoyed doing that to her. Along with the times he did what he could to make her laugh in public, like introduced himself as her mount and putting her on his back.

Perhaps a story to share at some point, considering the two of them now had a slew of new friends who didn't know much about the odd couple. They'd probably find it funny. More than the nobles he had done it around once had. Completely humorless ponies that bunch, although she could've sworn she had seen a few smirks on some of the nearby ones faces. Pity they preferred to keep up appearance, rather than have some fun.

"So, should we get out of here and back to the main streets? I'd rather not stick around and meet some of the less friendly dragons now that we don't have any with us anymore, and I miss the colorful streets. Also, I'd like to know more about your family on the way if you can tell something? It seems like it's absolutely huge, with cousins, siblings, uncles, aunt's and so on all over the place. I have a pretty small family, so I'm curious how yours work, and how many are in it. It must be several dozen from the looks of things so far."

@Lloyd @Dji

Zhu hissed at Sapphire after the shock and pain of the shoe thrown in his face began to subside, and looked at the relic out of reach. He could try and get it, but with the sword pointed his way, he wouldn't make it without being stabbed or decapitated.

"Ponies are like most creatures in this world. Limited, blinded things, who see nothing more than what lies straight in front of them."

He reached up slowly, and pulled his hood back, revealing the snake head beneath. The upright scales on his head and neck vibrated slightly as the cleaved tongue escaped to taste the air, and his golden eye fell on the enemies they were now facing, to try and seek something in their future that could be used while he spoke.

"I am cursed to see everything unfold. The unwritten that you cannot fathom.

In this, I see the horrendous things that can come to pass. The death of a nation, corpses in the streets and rivers running red. Several outcomes, with destruction that cannot be stopped once it begins."

"And what, giving weapons to criminals will prevent that?"

Tidal Wave came closer again, and stopped a little to the front right of Astral. She should be attacking, but it seemed this being were beginning his monologue, and that could be free information for them before they took him in. Considering the bash from before, she would be thrilled to put him in a cell back where she came from, and throw the key to the sharks.

"Sometimes. Others require more time and actions taken, which I can't trust somepony like you to make. Because you are not willing to sacrifice a few to save everypony else."

"Of course I won't. A life is not something you trade."

"You're wrong. For every action, there will inevitably be an equal, or greater reaction. Such is the simple doctrine of balance, spoken by the primal forces who make individuals like me take the burden of making that judgement call, and give them purpose, and guidance. Slaves to a purpose we don't want, but can't close our eyes to anymore.

Good and evil are simply words on their scale, and if one part begins to waver too far down, the primals will ensure that the scales will be evened. Even if it means sending the crueler among their servants to cause untold misery, or releasing a great danger from imprisonment. The balance will be upheld.

So yes, I make the call. I let the innocents suffer, loose everything, or indirectly cause even worse, because it is all weighs on the scale that will carry over when it comes to prevent disaster.

I am immoral, and no, I don't care for the individual life, because if I do, I begin to waver and try to reason mercy in where it only lead to more suffering. Such as now.

If I let you stop me, or hand over the element again, Emerald will find another way, and the death toll will be in the thousands. If I deliver it to her, suffering will spread among dozen of vulnerable innocents, but few - if any - will die."

Oh yeah? And where in your delusions are us stopping you, and then her?"

Zhu smirked ever so slightly, with a joyless expression remaining on his reptilian head, and his golden eyes so far firmly stuck on Tidal Wave.

"Then the primals will send one of their less scrupulous servants to even out all the good that you do from preventing this. The cycle will still continue no matter what happens here. The only difference will be in lives lost."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"You're afraid of Twilight?"

Lucid reckoned that Anomaly had a point. Twilight would probably have some sort of way to beat everyone, plus Fluttershy would take her side any day. It was too bad Lucid was still at his lowest level of power. Sure, Lucid may be clever, resourceful, and have many tricks that'll allow him to cause trouble for the alicorn, but Twilight happens to be way smarter than he is.

And with Fluttershy siding with her, that means Discord would too and he's likely more powerful than Lucid is... for now of course. His trickery worked on Discord in a bet a while back, but it would only delay his defeat in a full fledged fight.

"Yea, thinking about it, the outcome wouldn't be very good."

A garden probably wouldn't cause too much trouble. Twilight probably wouldn't catch them and even if she did, she'd probably just be glad Lucid was doing somewhat fine after that accident that resulted in the death of his friend. He didn't know her that well, so he assumed it was in her nature to care about these sorts of things. She seemed to be worried about Lucid the day he left, even tried to convince him not to blame himself that day, it didn't work. Which reminded him.

"Hey Fluttershy, be sure to let Twilight know that I'm doing somewhat fine. I may not forgive myself, but I don't want her to think I'm depressed or anything like that."

Then Lucid brought up the statue thing again, he really has his heart set on leaving statues everywhere again.

"So, the statue, how big should it be? Should it be made of stone or marble? Oh maybe iron or s- oh almost forgot."

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd

KARMIC FATE

Karmic massaged her head with a hoof, trying to alleviate the pain in her forehead. She sat up on her haunches and her eyes widened at seeing Sapphire. Both eyes suddenly turned a cloudy white and Karmic began speaking in a far-off tone. "There's so much sorrow in your past, Sapphire. You've been wronged so many times. Why do you keep blaming and fighting others when you can't face your own problems?"