Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta

Discord raised a brow slightly, "Now why would you be interrogating that poor dummy, Lucid?" He wondered, glancing at the somewhat plush Discord dummy in Lucid's chair from his comfy purring beanbag chair. The head of said dummy fell limply to the side. "I agree dummy, it's completely out of line for the standards of dummy-sentient relations." The real discord yawned, "But if you must know..." He glanced at the lizard, "I believe Pringle deserves the money, and that wheel he wanted." The spirit's claws snapped, conjuring a somewhat ornate but completely functional hamster wheel on the ground near Pringle. Discord sipped at some chocolate milk, "Honestly, I don't consider myself as having a 'crush', so by the wording of your bet, Pringle wins."

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Lucid put the 50 bits he had in a bag, opened a portal, and put it in Pringle's room back at home since he can't carry it because he's a lizard.

"I'd say the no strawberries after dinner thing still stands, but I'm pretty sure Novia will give him strawberries when I'm not looking."

As for the dummy, Lucid wasn't very surprised.

"Yea, that was very expected, but only because you're more powerful currently, but only because you decided had to gain the rest of my power myself somehow!"

It was probably for good reason. Lucid tends to go into a blind rage when angry or sometimes even when he's scared. This could make him a danger to others and even himself since he isn't thinking clearly. Good thing he isn't mad now.

Lucid looked over at Pringle who seemed to be playing around in his new hamster ball.

"Are you suggesting that it's plausible that it's because if I went into a blind rage it could cause a lot of danger to myself and others?"

The lizard kept running around in the clear plastic ball.

"Ok, you may be right, you could also be wrong. Could go either way at this point."

He looked over at Discord.

"So, what is the reason? What Pringle said? Just for the fun of it? Because of some other reason? If everything has a reason, surely you can at least tell me what that reason is."

@Blitz Boom

Nodded his final farewells for the evening to the Boom siblings.  Tapping the button he remembered from last time that opened the door out of the fortress workshop.  A chill ran down his spine as that uneasy feeling that he was being watched hit him.  He didn't bother to look around though, he had a pretty idea who it was.  With the door open, the midnight blue stallion headed back out into the night, ready to turn in.

Today, definitely hadn't ended up the way he had thought it would.  His world had been opened up more into mechanics and engineering than it had in his whole life.  Hardly understanding a lick of it though, it was still nice to know magic was still present in some form with it.  The world was a very interesting place and there was so much more he still needed to learn.  The Boom siblings were an odd pair, but their company was enjoyable nonetheless.  After seeing those last schematics though on the wing system Molotov was working on, some questions did dance around in his mind.  Animal experiments?  It was understandable why the Princess' had to be so involved with the progression of science, and magic, to make sure ponies didn't go too far.

The night was rather pleasant, clear skies and a bright moon guided the detective home.  The creak of the wooden cart and the soft crunch of it's wheels on the city streets marked his movements through East Side.  Getting home from the fortress workshop  was a little further than their trip to the scrapyard, not that Rising Dusk minded at all.  It was a rather relaxing walk.  Soon enough, he'd be pulling up to one of the lovely apartment complexes in the more middle class district of the city.  Parking the cart outside in an open slot, he removed the harness and locked it up, taking the key with him.

Walking in the front entrance of the complex, he ascended to the third floor.  Igniting his horn to levitate the apartment keys from the pouch of his hoodie, he unlocked his front door.  Then using magic to open the door, he stepped inside.  Home sweet home.  A quick flick of his horn and a couple of lamps provided light to his living space.  A worn leather armchair faced the fireplace against the wall.  Mantle decorated with pictures of his friend and family.  Bookcases on either side of the fire place, enough distance away for safety, filled with books, arranged in a way that would drive most organized ponies crazy.  Rising Dusk's approach was far more organic and he knew where everything was, which was all that really mattered.  Dusk's apartment didn't really have a theme to it, a decorators nightmare no doubt, as he collected random bits and bobs to spruce up his apartment.  Different kinds of lamps, rugs, blankets, paintings and artifacts dotted the small two bedroom apartment.

Walking by the armchair, magic gripped two books from the shelf without the pony looking at them and followed him into the kitchen.  Flopping the two books onto the kitchen table, magic gripped a cabinet of his kitchen and opened it before removing some crackers and cheese.  A drawer opened and a cheese knife came floating out.  Preparing him a little snack while he started to flip though the books he grabbed.  Doing a bit of research on the plans he promised for Molotov's gem.  He felt the formula he saw could be improved by what skills the spell breaker was capable of doing.  It was always weird working in this direction rather than just undoing the storage spell and letting the solar energy of the gem unleash all at once.  Not the goal though.  Sometimes, knowing how easy it is to undo a lot of spells, gives him an interesting perspective on how to make them 'harder' to break instead.  Hopefully what he was looking for in these books was what he was looking for in his theory.

Only spending an hour or so before being satisfied with the results and trotting off to bed.

(edited)

@Rising Dusk

"Yey, a brand new day full of fun!"

Blitz bounced out of her bed and stretched her legs in excitement. After the day yesterday, she were expecting a great adventure today, and with the fun things she had gotten yesterday at the scrapyard, she just knew it was going to be special.

A few designs for explosives had gone through her mind before resting, and one in particular were making her positively giddy. She just needed a few proper casings, get the metal rusted off as best she could, and then break out the myriad of different powders she had worked with. Big bro had locked away the mixture she had made that were able to blow a cave straight into a mountain, but he didn't know that she had made more and hid it away for a special time. Today might be that special time, though she needed to make it even strong, so it could punch a hole straight through a mountain! Or perhaps level half the city? She had to make lots of tests with tiny little portions to know. Oh, this was gonna be fun!

"Big bro, big bro, get up and let's ha-huh?"

Blitz jumped up on her brothers bed to wake him up, only to find that it was empty. Pretty weird actually. Usually he slept longer than she did. Had he already gone to make breakfast?

Sneaking into the kitchen, the filly looked around to try and find him, but he he wasn't either. Not at the stove, the oven, or the rest of the weird gizmo's he had taken from home. Didn't even smell like food.

She sniffed around for a bit until she were sure that he hadn't made food, before wandering on in their non-working environment. It was a pretty small space really, so not too much to check, but she were sure he had to be here somewhere. He usually didn't work before he ate.

Going through the small kitchen, Blitz went through the small hallways where Molotov kept the files from Center Zero locked up in vaults. She had tried to ask if she could see them before, but big bro didn't think it was smart to let her see them., and she had promised not to blow a hole through one of the doors, since it were important things. Sometimes he were here, and riffled through things, but not today. Perhaps he were in the relaxing room?

It was more or less just a few beanbags they could lie on and a radio, but it was still a nice place to sit and have a snack or something at times, along with dinner, and breakfast. No tables, but meh, they didn't need it usually.

Blitz went to her beanbag and ruffled through it a bit, giggling as she felt the small pellets inside rubbing against her face. She liked that feeling. Reminded her of small rock pebbles left from explosions.

Still though, no sign of big bro, which had to mean that he were in the shower next to this room.

Sneaking in, Blitz popped her head in and let out a cute growl to try and rattle him, but she got no response.

"Oh come on, you always get all spooked by that."

Actually... She didn't think he were here either. It didn't feel wet in here, his wings didn't hang on the wall, and there wasn't any singing. Molotov couldn't take a shower without singing weird songs they heard on the radio.

Blitz checked through the rooms a few more times - and nicked a muffin from the fridge as she went through the kitchen - but he really weren't there. She did find Carmen after a while though. Or did the spiderbot find her?

Anyway, the small thing came clacking towards her and poked her leg, wanting to get up. Cute little metal thing, but Carmen didn't like wandering on the floor, in case somepony would step on her, so she always wanted a ride on somepony if she couldn't get to higher ground otherwise.

"Good morning Carmen. Have you seen big bro?"

Carmen got lifted to Blitz's back and looked at by the overenthusiastic filly. The spiderbot never knew what to think of the equine, other than her thinking the little metallic creature had to have been made of some really incredible parts, but Molotov had made sure his assistant didn't get hurt. Good creator, who didn't let the small pony disassemble her. She were valuable after all. Important to Molotov, yes.

Shame her sibling couldn't see it. Felicia didn't want care for their creator wanted of them, but wanted her own things. Like the pony from yesterday. Felicia had spoken many strange words about him. The Interloper, as she called him. Strange name, but the bigger bot were strange too. Still big sister to Carmen, like the small pony were to her creator, so it were okay. Had to be there for family.

Speaking of, small pony asked about creator, yes? She should lead her to him.

Carmen nodded after a while and pointed a leg towards the door to the workshop.

"He's out there? Are you sure?"

Carmen clicked and clacked in her strange language, which Blitz didn't really understand anything of, but she took it as a yes, so she walked over and grabbed hold in the handle with her teeth, turning it, and opening up for the magical wonders of the workshop. Her haven, which she adored even more than the Everfree Forest. She missed the wood puppies though. They were fun to scare away.

There, in the middle of the room, were something that hadn't been there when she went to sleep though. A half-build cart with the start of what she guessed would be arms or legs eventually? It was hard to tell with the exposed, pointy ends right now, but it could be. She'd have to wait until it was done to really get an idea though, like with most of big bro's work. He was really smart.

The smart guy in question though, were currently asleep, laying over one half of a sphere of some kind, and snoring. One in a while a small twitch would go through him, but that was just weird dreams, and at least he didn't speak through it this time. While BLitz had found it funny to listen to him talk in his sleep, Molotov had really not wanted to tell his sister about what they entailed. Usually because they tended to revolve around his mother dressing him up like a prissy boy and sending him off to Canterlot to mingle with the clean and orderly high society. She had never done anything like that, and he knew she never would've, but for some reason this nightmare came back haunting him more often than he cared to admit.

"Man, he looks tired out... Hehe, let's go outside."

Carmen protested, but she were small and Blitz couldn't understand her anyway, so the small filly made her way over to the panel with a crate she pushed with her head, entered the code to turn off the security system - Molotov didn't know that she knew it - and pressed the button to open the door.

"Yey, morning air. Time for exploring."

With that, Blitz closed the door behind her and bounced on her merry way towards town, curious to what she'd find there, since she hadn't explored much of it as it were so far. Usually always something to do in the workshop, but that was for later now. She had a chance to go out without a leash, and she were gonna take it. What could go wrong?

==================================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"I am not saying that he is incapable of change, simply that I wish to see it personally before I believe it, considering his rich history with mischief. If the situation arises where I am to speak with him, I will keep things professional, unless he takes certain liberties with my business or mind. I enjoy my life having a certain stability, and my own affairs not snooped around in.

As somepony who needs his own, personal space to meddle around in, I would hope that he had more respect for others privacy, but I have yet to see proof of it. Perhaps one day I will, though that would depend on how a situation where I interacted with him would go.

In regards to him having his own place, rumor have it that he have a room in a minor pocket dimension, which he meddles around in as he pleases. Perhaps as a way to get the energy out of his system? I am hardly the one to ask about certainties when it comes to him, so I loathe to give a definitive answer. That is more up to the mare called Fluttershy. She is a large part in him being reformed from what I understand, so she must presumably know him as well as one could. At least in regards to how he is now."

While Scarcity went on with her explanation, Rosa took his time before giving an answer to the one given to him, thinking over how to phrase the things he did know properly.

"I make no guarantees that I'm right in what I think I know, in regards to her former home, but if it is where I think it to be, you would be easier off thinking off them as a fanatic cult. A group of beings that worship some long-gone hero, and prays for his return. They are generally helpful where the go, shielding for others with their strange amulets, but there is something off about them. What I cannot say for sure.

I have never had a reason to infiltrate the place, so I don't know much more than that. From how Belladonna acted though, I believe things are not as perfect as they make things seem when they go recruiting. As I said, something is off.

I imagine you mostly worry for your other friend? She seemed durable enough to take a hit, though since we are on the subject of Omen, can I ask if she is suffering from a mental condition, or some kind of head trauma? She seemed... Simplistic."

Directly saying Omen appeared like a moron seemed harsh and unfair, and would likely just make Sen hostile. Words had to be taken with caution when it came to insulting somepony's friend, even if it were more curiosity than something harmful. Hopefully it had gone over well, but it were impossible to say before Sen reacted. It might be prudent to have an excuse and apology in mind soon.

=================================================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

"Well, I came here because I heard somepony might've died, but I can already tell that's not the case. There's some really strange energy here, but it's not from anypony who recently died."

Sorrow looked around just to kinda make sure, but no, still no trace of anypony who had died within the last few days. Even if they had gone on, they would've left some sort of trace she'd be able to see, and there were absolutely nothing. A good thing honestly. She didn't wish for anypony to die.

"Lots of ponies got hurt though. If your sister were here, perhaps they've seen her at the hospital? Come on, let's go check it out Mike. I wanna try and help you."

Wasn't any spirits (she thought?) so far, so the trip might've well still involve helping somepony. Besides, poor thing was worried about his family. Somepony had to help him find her, and make sure that everything were still okay. Might as well be Sorrow.

=================================================================================================================================

@BloodDrops

Why do I even bother?

That thought had entered Nerzhei's mind a lot since running into this mare, and hearing her yet again completely miss the point about rationing, conserving, and not generally eat everything so she'd go hungry later, made it boom loud and clear in the dragoness's head yet again. Honestly, if her leaving wouldn't eventually cause the demise of basically everything via infectious mare, she would have flown off back to Dragon Land at this point. It was a horribly annoying place full of stupid beings, but compared to Droppy, they were at least somewhat tolerable.

Annoyance and hopelessness were bound to move aside for another emotion though, hen Droppy made a remark about leaving her furry little friend behind with some barbecue sauce. A sentence that made her temper flare to the point where she really had to restrain herself to not make the creature regret her actions.

"Don't ever, and I mean Ever! Threaten Lotus. Dd you hear me? I don't care what could happen to the area, I will personally crumble you into a ball and force-feed the sphinx with you."

Nerzhei didn't even turn to look at Droppy, knowing full well that she might not be able to contain herself if she looked at the creature right now. Lotus were the only good thing in Nerzhei's life, and a friend she held dear, so as she had told this pile of bones before: Don't try anything with her. The dragoness might do her best to function on rationality, but she had a great deal of rage under the surface that would explode out if provoked enough, and it would be bad news for the mare, even in Nerzhei's current state.

Meanwhile, Lyriel looked up at the sphinx with joy fluttering in her heart. Though she had not been able to finish the work put before her, it had been enough for the great one to finish the last parts herself, and the sphinx had been happy about it. Thanked the dryad even, and said her work had been impressive. The exhaustion Lyriel felt were worth it, now that she knew that her energy had gone into pleasing the creator, and not into a waste of time that would need to be corrected.

"I am honored that you like the temple, great one, and thank you for the offer of water. Blessed am I to have a creator as generous as you."

There wasn't the shadow of irony in Lyriel's voice, or a glimmer of sarcasm. As far as the dryad were concerned, she were meant to serve the will  of the sphinx, and truly felt blessed that it were not something that were hardly noticed. She would bow before the great one, if she did not fear that she might fall down for a time if she did so.

"I fear that there is little I can do to the plague walker now though. Her path is one of cruelty. A hungry maw that never closes, devouring everything in its path, and such a creature should not remain. But the vines failed, and my power needs time to return. I cannot remove her by force, or end her existence. Only pray that the creature will finish what she comes for, and leave before it is too late, and the forest lay barren. A forest without life is... Nothing."

Lyriel rose her head, and looked around the improvements that the sphinx had made, lingering towards the statues for a time, and ultimately ending on the throne.

"Your additions are most impressive, great one. Though can I most humbly ask, were you a ruler among your kind? You seem comfortable with thrones."

===============================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

Anomaly's ears began to vibrate, as she were told something that made her giggle quite a bit afterwards.

"You didn't break into the author's home, you took his neighbor. Human says thank you for it too. Seems like he doesn't like that one."

Yeah well , he should stop being noisy late at night then. people are trying to sleep.

"Anyway, if it's that big of a deal then fine, I'll stop making bets on your love life, Flutterpony. Just a bit of fun, and the lizard wont he bet anyway. Oh, reminds me that I bet on this too."

Anomaly snapped her tail, and conjured forth a peach, with seven, wriggling lizard feet on the underside.

"Just as promised, a *seven feet* peach."

A distinct *badum-tsch* sound came out of nowhere, before the draconequus put down the peach on Lucid's head, who'd have to decide what to do with the thing before it ran off, but that wasn't Anomaly's issue. Hers were what Fluttershy were saying, which sounded like the mare were finally getting ready for some fun.

The game was only halfway making something up and giving it names. The second part - which the draconequus loved - were to make the creature from fiction to reality. It really spiked up the game, though she disliked it when ooze got involved. Slimes of any kind always seemed to want to crawl into her head for some reason, and it got irritating in the long run.

Going by what Fluttershy had described, Anomaly mixed up a creature around 1 and a half times as big as Pringle, colored it dark green with purple stripes, and added a tiny mohawk to the design. Honestly she just loved making silly hair like this, and Fluttershy's description had left room for some leeway.

"Like this? Or do you think you can make it sound even more fantastic? I wanna real contender for this game, hehe."

The creature looked up at the two of them with great disinterest, and opened its mouth to let out a strange, hollow croak. Like it had an echo chamber in its maw.

========================================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

Cherish vividly remembered the fangs Serenade had sported in her siren form. They looked razor sharp and definitely able to tear through things. The flesh on a pony seemed like it would easily be among those things, though fortunately, it was just scars. If Serenade had been her current size, she could've ended up going straight through. Quite a horrid picture to have stuck in your mind.

"S-Sounds like it was difficult, but y-your parents really did e-everything they could to give you the b-best possible way to have a n-normal life.

W-Wasn't it hard growing up among p-ponies though? Even if you l-looked like them, you m-must've still had some p-problems fitting in, feeling d-different than how you l-looked too."

=====================================================================================================================

@woodchunks66

"But what about the Conspiracy?!"

"Alonsus is starting to believe that a certain somepony have spiced her own coffee."

"What, and risk them taking advantage? I know the truth, and they'd stop at nothing to discredit me."

The two arguing voices began to get closer and closer, though from the tone it seemed more friendly than an actual fight. Doubly so when they got close enough to see, and Applejack would be able to notice the grin on the female's face. Kinda manic, but overall friendly, and the bulky earth pony she wandered with weren't exactly looking annoyed either.

KAD8103.jpg

"Hey, I think I see her!"

Berry wandered away from her companion right away and tried to get to Applejack first, but got distracted by a movement in the trees. Just a few birds it turned out, but it gave the other one time enough to comfortably pass her and get to Applejack first, before Berry knew it wasn't spies.

RwesyXt.png

"Hello, mare of the apple estate. It is I, Alonsus, and his faithfull squire."

"I'm not your squire, bozo."

The mare came over and stood herself next to the muscular Alonsus. He weren't as large as Big Mac, but it wasn't far off, and the well groomed stallion certainly had more finesse to his appearance than the Apple stallion.

He also seemed to have an ego to match, considering the third person speech given at the arrival  but it wasn't like finding normal ponies in Ponyville were an easy feat to start with.

"Regardless, we have been told that the farm may need help, so our boss have been sent us to assist. Surely it must be a perilous task to stand here alone?"

"He means we've been sent by Single Straw. You know, the boss of Sloppy Joe? He said we'd be to better use here today, though I'm keeping my eyes open for other things. Apple farms are prime locations for the zebras to spread their docile-inducing toxins. Sure they seem all friendly now, but just wait until they make a move and we're all just smiling along. We'll see whose crazy then."

Berry looked around, trying to see if there was anypony looking in on them, but not seeing anypony currently. She were sure they were out there somewhere though. Better to just smile and pretend it was all for laughs.

She'd be the one that would laugh in the end.

=====================================

@Dji @Lloyd

Tidal facehoofed at the mention of Void.

"I left her to guard the magic power back in the other room. Please tell me that you didn't ditch her after that storm thing hit?"

Unbeknownst to the general, Void were not currently in said room, but instead in the infirmary, getting helped by a few doctors who had their work cut out for them to check the mare out. They were looking at some old wounds too, beyond just the ones that came from being smashed into a bundle of things, but the prime focus were the cuts, bruises, and potential internal damage from this.

The mare would be fine, but she were out of commission for the time being, so if they wanted that kind of help, they'd had to gather up her sister instead. Likely beat not to tell her what happened to Void either, considering her temper.

As for the items the mare had carried, and the dust in the room that had almost spawned the large monster chimera before, the former stood beneath the table they had Void on, and the dust were gathered and sealed back in the jar. By all accounts, something set in motion by the guards that usually were at the door to the vault, where one were stationed near the mare currently.

Meanwhile, Zhu were beginning to catch up with Karmic, as the mare sped through the tunnels.

He were none too pleased about moving at this pace, as he preferred to take things somewhat slow and steady, but his options did not allow for him to linger right now. As such, he had to run, and even if he were not the most physically trained of his kind, his limber, feline body were better suited for running in confined spaces like this than a pony were.

If it had been in the open, on flat terrain, things would not be as simple, but in areas such as this he should be able to gain on her eventually. Preferably before they got outside, as he needed to prepare the pony for a few things.

No doubt the witches were already tracking him, and perhaps even keeping him under surveillance, but that was a necessity unfortunately. It would make escaping later harder, though perhaps he wouldn't try and get away... He needed to think on this, but as it were, unless something happened to Sapphire, he could no longer work in the shadows. And if he couldn't do that, perhaps it was time to return and confront his old life for good. Celestia would know of his return already regardless, from the letter he left in her room, though he weren't sure if this were the right time just yet. Zhu might be able to buy himself a few days to handle some loose ends if he could keep Sapphire occupied, and give him time to think more on what to say to Celestia.

Things to think about for certain, but some thought had to go into his delivery now too, as he had no doubt that he had been allowed to leave to go down the path one of Astral's potential futures had shown him. One were he'd be used for bait to get to Emerald. Why else would they simply let him go, with such hostility shown before? They wouldn't. Not when they could keep as great a hold of him as they could before.

======================================

@Lloyd

"I don't want to give you false hopes. Regenerating limbs is a field I don't even know how far they are in yet. But I do know that a lifelike prostetic is possible until then, and the changelings might be able to help with it."

Hogweed had heard the name Nectar from a few other guards, but she had no idea who that were. A changeling apparently, from what Warlock said, though beyond that she hadn't a clue. It was probably beat to ask around at some point though. Just to get an idea, and have somepony to ask a few things regarding changelings and medicine. Plus whatever she might have seen from meeting with Warlock. Personal encounters like that could be important to learn about.

"But uhm, you know, of course is something were figured out, we could still help anypony. You too, probably. I hope so at least. I can tell from some of my patients throughout the years that loosing limbs isn't an easy thing to go through, and those who does, needs all the help they can get to come back and feel better again. Knowing they can get real limbs again would be the best possible outcome."

======================================

@Lloyd

"I ain't thinking you need to worry about her nicking Sapphire's meat suit. I've had Emerald in my head for a long time, and I know that she can't cling on to anypony strong for long. Flat out said she were happy I was a weak mind when she first took me over.

If Astral's mom is really a tough cookie with loads of magic at her hooves like you say, she'd be out soon.

Still, I'm not banking on the snake not having lied to me, so yeah, I'm game for some magic training. Long as you think you can teach somepony like me, I'll try and learn. I wanna be a boon to these fights instead of the punching bag."

Chow didn't really have much to say in these magic fights so far, beyond having guts, and that wasn't really saving him from a beating. Frankly got him smacked around more instead.

Still, he wanted to stay in this and improve, so he'd be a help to his friends. Celestia knows he didn't have enough of those to pick and chose who he'd risk his neck for, so he'd do whatever it took to be somewhat useful in all of this. Long as it didn't include doing some proper dark stuff like Warlock. Had to be a limit somewhere.

Edited by Blitz Boom

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

"It seems I accidently opened the wrong portal. Well, I'll mess with author guy another time."

Lucid picked up the peach thing and threw it.

"How do you even come up with these th-"

A portal opened. Someone with the head and torso of a pony, paws/hooves of a lion, panther, zebra, and wolf, and the tail of tiger came out.

"Hey Lucid, what's taking so long with the hayburgers?"

"There's been a delay, I'll be a bit late, Novia."

Novia looked at Anomaly, this was by far the weirdest and coolest thing she has ever seen.

"OMG A PUMPKIN LADYBUG THING! CAN WE KEEP IT?"

"Uh no, she's actually a draconequus."

"Oh ok, well I'm heading back. Bye pumpkin ladybug draconequus!"

Novia went back and the portal closed. In the midst of that completely random event, Lucid forgot what was going on.

"That's Novia, she won a previous bet and I had to pick up hayburgers. Also, what were we doing?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

The young Earth Pony struggled to hear Sorrow over the screech of another train. He did get the gist of what she said. “I think the hospital would be a good place to start looking.” Mike reached in his saddlebag for a few seconds before pulling out a very weathered and creased picture of a young filly. “Imph prettesh sure shesh a loft older now, butch thish is the only pishure I have of her.” He said, showing the picture to the taller Pegasus.

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Spelling.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta

Discord shrugged, "Well I was going to answer your question." He looked thoughtful, "I believe there's multiple reasons as to why I wouldn't have simply given you all of the power of that little invention at once, but the main one would be that anger of yours." The Draconequus rolled a claw dismissively, "And of course there's that little detail where the extreme amounts of power, if granted before you're ready, could easily remove your very soul from existence." He chuckled, "Unlike me, your being wasn't formed from the very energy of the Chaos of the Beginning."

Edited by Storm Shine

(edited)

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom

Discord's reasoning was sound. Dying was Lucid's least favorite thing to do.

"I guess that makes sense, but I just hope I become ready for all that power sooner than later, we wouldn't want another powerful entity killing the sticks creator before I do, now would we?"

It will probably be a while before Lucid will be powerful enough to accomplish that. For now he couldn't worry about all that. It was neither the time nor place.

"So, it's clearly not the right time or place to handle that. Besides, there are more important things to handle. Is that hayburger place opened or was it completely obliterated?"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

Fluttershy should've watched herself when she thought of the dracolisk. A little too soon for her to come up with something so ferocious and intimidating that when she saw the creature before her, she squealled and ran behind Discord and cowered in relative safety. Even Angel quaked in fear and hid back in the saddlebag. 

"I knew I should've imagined something closer to a kitty kat..."

Then she had a strange idea, something along the lines of her first encounter with a manticore in the Everfree Forest. Harrowing but she was very much relieved to see the creature happier after removing a thorn jammed into its paw. This isn't like that though.

The pegasus moved closer until she was within petting range, reaching with one hoof to stroke the dracolisk.

"N-n-nice dracolisk... That's a good boy, or girl. You're n-n-not gonna bite, are you?"

She let out another high-pitched squeal and hoped she didn't regret her decision.

================================

@Blitz Boom

"Fluttershy must see something in him that others don't, at least when she took a chance on him. Whatever it was, it paid off in a way I never thought would be possible. Discord's reputation as a chaotic tyrant is so well known it is hard to believe he is capable of change. I wouldn't believe it if I simply heard someone said it was so. But I have to give credit where it is due. What she did, I would have considered it impossible."

Personally, Lin knew Fluttershy's kindhearted nature might have had a lot to do with it. At the same time, even she found it to be highly irrational for her to keep sticking up for him despite Discord proving himself to be quite the irritating nuisance. That persistence paid off big time, and it impressed the longma hybrid very much. She has much to learn from the pegasus. 

As for Sen, Rosa bringing up the longma's concern for Omen and her rather... awkward way of communicating didn't elicit the usual hostile non-verbal response. He was a little guarded but non-confrontational way. He expected someone in the village to bring this up one way or another and he thought up a response for this very question.

"Omen is a little eccentric but she is perfectly fine. She has a strange way of communicating but it's what she is familiar with."

"But you are right, I worry for her. After what we've been through, I guess I just don't like the idea of going into a situation where she could get hurt or worse. She's helped me and sister in more ways than I could pay her back. The least I could do is be a good friend to her. Besides, I assured her mother I'd look after her like she is family" 

That second part came off unscripted, but Sen talked with such fondness that he felt less guarded about it. He is a little hesitant to bring up the truth behind it, only leaving little hints and hoping to leave it there. It would be awkward to hear the whole story in such a short span of time. Maybe when they were alone and away from public, Sen and Lin could fill Rosa in on any detail he might be curious about. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

AJ was utterly dumbfounded by the odd pair of ponies that had approached her. she  raised one of her eyebrow while she study the very...…confidant stallion in front of her and the very paranoid mare with eyes that kept darting around the trees "  I'm sorry, I don't know who Single Straw or why exactly you ponies are here but if its help you wanna offer there is a can of water over near the barn, you can explain more while we are watering the trees. " AJ said as the noticed 3 more leaf's fell pf the trees near the ponies.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:55 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Why do I even bother?

That thought had entered Nerzhei's mind a lot since running into this mare, and hearing her yet again completely miss the point about rationing, conserving, and not generally eat everything so she'd go hungry later, made it boom loud and clear in the dragoness's head yet again. Honestly, if her leaving wouldn't eventually cause the demise of basically everything via infectious mare, she would have flown off back to Dragon Land at this point. It was a horribly annoying place full of stupid beings, but compared to Droppy, they were at least somewhat tolerable.

Annoyance and hopelessness were bound to move aside for another emotion though, hen Droppy made a remark about leaving her furry little friend behind with some barbecue sauce. A sentence that made her temper flare to the point where she really had to restrain herself to not make the creature regret her actions.

"Don't ever, and I mean Ever! Threaten Lotus. Dd you hear me? I don't care what could happen to the area, I will personally crumble you into a ball and force-feed the sphinx with you."

Nerzhei didn't even turn to look at Droppy, knowing full well that she might not be able to contain herself if she looked at the creature right now. Lotus were the only good thing in Nerzhei's life, and a friend she held dear, so as she had told this pile of bones before: Don't try anything with her. The dragoness might do her best to function on rationality, but she had a great deal of rage under the surface that would explode out if provoked enough, and it would be bad news for the mare, even in Nerzhei's current state.

Meanwhile, Lyriel looked up at the sphinx with joy fluttering in her heart. Though she had not been able to finish the work put before her, it had been enough for the great one to finish the last parts herself, and the sphinx had been happy about it. Thanked the dryad even, and said her work had been impressive. The exhaustion Lyriel felt were worth it, now that she knew that her energy had gone into pleasing the creator, and not into a waste of time that would need to be corrected.

"I am honored that you like the temple, great one, and thank you for the offer of water. Blessed am I to have a creator as generous as you."

There wasn't the shadow of irony in Lyriel's voice, or a glimmer of sarcasm. As far as the dryad were concerned, she were meant to serve the will  of the sphinx, and truly felt blessed that it were not something that were hardly noticed. She would bow before the great one, if she did not fear that she might fall down for a time if she did so.

"I fear that there is little I can do to the plague walker now though. Her path is one of cruelty. A hungry maw that never closes, devouring everything in its path, and such a creature should not remain. But the vines failed, and my power needs time to return. I cannot remove her by force, or end her existence. Only pray that the creature will finish what she comes for, and leave before it is too late, and the forest lay barren. A forest without life is... Nothing."

Lyriel rose her head, and looked around the improvements that the sphinx had made, lingering towards the statues for a time, and ultimately ending on the throne.

"Your additions are most impressive, great one. Though can I most humbly ask, were you a ruler among your kind? You seem comfortable with thrones."

Droppy blinked and yawned as she made the joke about eating Lotus, she wouldn't actually do it since she would be killed rather quickly by Nerzhei. She frowned as Nerzhei seemed to be thinking in great detail that or she had another migraine. She blinked and backed away from the dragon as she roared, it was even more scary since she wasn't even looking at her. She tripped over a stone and fell on her flank landing on something sharp. 

She winced and stood up before snorting, "I was only joking is all" she said meekly giving her flank a lick, seemed that she had cut herself from the fall. Nether mind she had the being fed to a sphinx picture on her mind. "I don't want to be sphinx food, I was just saying your idea was as good as me being left alone with the lotus bunny and food sauce. I don't want to eat the lotus, I could but then you make me hurt and i don't want to hurt" she whined making her ears go floppy. 

She was digging herself a hole here and decided to shut up, leaving a large gap between herself and the dragon, incase she flipped out. 

The Sphinx snorted at the praise she was given and sat on the throne. She was rather contented, "Well i'm always generous as long as its deserved, I think we will be very happy together. The temple is nice as well" she said before closing one of her eyes. She had everything she wanted and soon the problem would be dealt with. She raised her head and let out a low growl at the next thing that Lyriel spoke of.

"You are charged with protecting the forest, are you not? Is my temple and myself not in this forest? This plague walker is a direct threat to this temple and myself. If she even drinks from this water her curse will spread and destroy the whole world as you know it. I would think if you can not remove her by force then you need to find a cure for herself or a way to remove her permanently" she snorted her eyes glittering. 

"Your dragon friend could be of assistance, or you could simply wish for the plague walker to be gone. Though you got to give something to get something in this world" she said with a small smile. She blinked down at Lyriel, "So what will it be, ask your friend to get rid of her 'pet' or just remove her yourself with my help?" she reasoned. Letting out a yawn, she could finally be rid of the plague pony once and for all.    

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk roused from his slumber as the soothing light of the moon that beamed through his shades, was replaced with the much brighter and harsher first rays of sunlight.  Eyelids still half closed as the midnight blue stallion rolled out from under his covers until gravity took over and planted all four of his hooves to the floor.  A maneuver he's performed all his life made it just the extra morning routine.  A hefty yawn escaped his mouth as he slowly made his way out of his bedroom and into the kitchen.

His horn sparked to life, gripping the fridge to open and remove a carton of orange juice.  A cabinet open and a box of oats came floating out.  Tilting his head up, he popped open the top of the cereal box and shook out the small round oats into his mouth.  Lowering the box as he munched the oats, bringing over the carton of open juice and opening it as well.  After swallowing the oats, he was about to drink directly out of the carton when he remember the conversation yesterday with Molotov Boom.  Oh sweet Luna, he'd been a bachelor way too long.  Taking a quick swig of the orange juice, he put his breakfast items back in their homes before retreating to the shower to get ready for the day.

Soon the soggy pony was finished with his shower and drying off.  Standing before his the still slightly foggy mirror of his bathroom to brush his teeth.  Finished with his morning routine he walked back into his bedroom and into the closet where row upon row of beige hoodies were hung up.  Pulling one off he pulled it over his head and through his front legs.

Locking up his apartment, he headed out to the city street where the cart was still waiting for him.  Removing the lock he attached to it, he pulled the harness up onto his back.  The morning was a lot more busy than when he arrived home last night, he checked both ways up and down the street before pulling out and trotting his way to return the wooden cart to Rusty as promised.  Well use to the traffic by now, he knew the side streets to take to ensure his route to the scrapyard wasn't a very packed on.

Dusk arrived at the scrapyard where a bunch of the workers were waiting outside for the boss to show up and unlock the gates.  Granted, they didn't have to wait long before the platinum hair mare came trotting up to the gate.  Greeting her workers in kind before she noticed somepony not normally at the gate in the morning.

"Detective?  My my, you're here early.  Where are your new friends?"

Rising Dusk nodded his greeting, unhooking the harness from his back.

"Brought back your cart.  As promised.  I'm actually about to be off to meet them."

One of the workers came over and gathered up the borrowed cart.  Rusty smiled and unlocked the chains keeping the gate secure to the scrapyard.

"Thank you very much, Detective.  Always the dependable stallion."

He returned the smiled and waved his farewell to the mare before trotting off in the direction of the fortress workshop.  The walk was pleasant enough, as it was always fun to watch the city itself wake up.  Sure, the city itself never really slept, but it was far more active in the mornings.  Ponies rushing off to work, getting their shopping on or just out socializing in the massive city.  Getting pretty close to the workshop fortress, caught something out of the corner of his eyes.  Stopping in his tracks he basically skid, he saw a flank disappear around the corner heading into the city proper.  What was on the flank drew his attention the most, even if it was for the briefest moment.  A smiling bomb cutie mark.

"Blitz Boom?"

Having listened to Molotov ramble on yesterday, seeing that cutie mark out here seemed off to the detective.  Especially if Molotov knew he was coming to the workshop this morning.  Changing direction, he went off in the direction he saw the pony he thought might be Blitz Boom.  Better safe than sorry.

@Rising Dusk

Blitz had no idea that she were being followed, so she just kept on her merry way, giggling through the part of town that she had seen,whilst random ponies gave sideways glances towards her. It seemed odd to her, but that was mainly because she couldn't see what was weird about herself. Even though Molotov wore metallic wings on his own, he wasn't outside mingling all that much, and as such it was a weird sight to most. Then along came the fact that she looked like a fire hazard, and considering the faint smell of explosive power in her coat, it might not be a lie either.

Molotov had tried to scrub this out of her coat for days after they returned to the workshop, but he had absolutely no luck whatsoever. It was more or less ingrained in her skin, and according to him, it was likely a result from the crashed rocket Blitz had been sent away in. Their mother had been the one working with experimental fuel and and explosive compositions like that the most, to power the rocket to be able to reach far beyond Equestria eventually, and no matter how smart Molotov considered himself, he were stumped at her notes. Their mother were a mare that worked on a whole other level, and without her around to explain what she had done, the elder Boom sibling had been forced to give up until he got smarter, or found a fuel expert. Best he could do were to remind his little sister to stay a little further away from open fire, and then pray that the smell on her were just that, and not her being a lighter away from turning into ash.

Some with more sensitive noses were able to pick up on that, though a good deal of eyes tended to be drawn to Carmen too. She might look as lifelike as Molotov had found it possible to make her at the time, but even if you didn't get close enough to see the metallic parts, somepony carrying around a large, hairy spider wasn't exactly commonplace either. It worked fine enough for Molotov, but it helped that he had the look of somepony who were crazy anyway, as well as his multiple gadgets, so it blended in better to have Carmen with him.

Whatever went through ponies mind, Blitz didn't care. She had finally gotten to a point of the city she hadn't seen before, and turned the corner to look at what were there with big eyes.

It was an alleyway full of garbage cans. Not the most exiting thing in the world, even for somepony like her that liked to dumpster dive for treasures and parts.

Looked like there were something on the other side of it though. Something with lots of noise. Another workshop? A blacksmith? *gasp* A playground?! Oooh that'd be so much fun! She hadn't been on one of those since she optimized the ones at the orphanage and the caretaker trying it out went through the bushes. One of her last days there, but pretty funny regardless, and the other foals had found the new playground more fun. Boring caretakers kept taking her improvements down though, but whenever Blitz went back to visit, she tinkered with them again, making it harder for the mares and stallions to take it apart. A menace to them, but a fun game to the Boom filly.

Blitz bounced through the alleyway, mind going to happy memories of tinkering and causing trouble, wondering what she'd find on the other side of the smelly place, whilst Carmen stood on her head, and *talked* away, though her wants to go back were met with deaf ears. Crazy filly would get them into trouble if it kept on like this.

===============================================================================================================

@woodchunks66

"Have no fear, nopony can help you as well as Alonsus."

The stallion wandered off to get the water can that were asked for, whilst Berry looked after him and rolled her eyes.

"I swear, everypony who says I'm the crazy one, haven't met Alonsus. Means well, but phew, takes some time getting used to. Heck, stroke his ego and you can get him to do basically anything.

Now I want some answers. Why are you starring at falling leaves? Do you suspect somepony is in the trees?"

Berry went closer and got into a whisper.

"Don't let them see you. The conspiracy will get you."

Her eyes darted up once more, before returning to Applejack, whom she wasn't done questioning yet. Though she had pulled back from the mare's personal space and talked normally again.

"Come on, we're here to help, and it's pretty clear you're looking at something out of the ordinary. You're at home here, clearly you wouldn't just look at something like that unless it wasn't normal. Unless of course you're trying to distract yourself from something?"

Berry wiggled her eyebrows and glanced towards where Alonsus had went. Could be that this wasn't spies or calamity (though the odds were always highest for that) but just Applejack that had found herself some man-candy to glance at. It wouldn't surprise Berry frankly. She had seen Big Mac and Apple Bloom before. Bulky earth stallions and tomboy mares seemed to be just this family's type.

===================================================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

Sorrow looked intensely at the photo, doing her best to memorize it.

"I'll look out for her. Hey, Legion? Mind having a look too?"

Two wispy orbs suddenly flared up in the skull's eye sockets. Though no pupils were present, and the rest of the skull remained inanimate, the way they moved around made it somewhat clear that it were looking between the picture and the one holding it, though what Legion thought off were impossible to tell.

Perhaps if Mike were an emotional pony, he would be able to sense a small amount of curiosity come from Legion, though even if he were an empathetic creature like that, it likely wouldn't make it easier to understand the being, as the emotions seemed to fluctuate and deflate randomly, and have more than one origin.

Yet it were likely that he just saw the pale orbs. Empathetic ones were rare to come by in Sorrow's experience, so she hardly even gave the option a thought before patting the skull like it were some kind of dog.

"Hehe, thanks everypony. The more eyes on this the better.

So should we get to the hospital, Mike? Better sooner than later, so the track doesn't go cold."

=====================================================================================================================================

@BloodDrops

It would be so simple to just go this route, wouldn't it? Give in to the rage, and let anybody who got in her way tremble before her. Covering and whimpering just like this lowly mare did.

It was a temptation that sometimes got hard to ignore. To imagine how much easier it would be to let go of her mind and just rely on muscle to get her way. Why, with her magic use, it shouldn't even be that big of an issue to take over a small town somewhere, and rule over it with an iron fist, or go back to Dragon Land and let her family feel the consequences of their poor treatment of her.

Nerzhei felt it strongly now too. The urge to simply let go, and harm the mare before she harmed Lotus. It was the easy way to deal with all of this. The route of least resistance, and then leave the consequences for someone else to deal with. What did the dragoness care about others anyway? She didn't need them. They weren't important.

"...I'm sorry. I went too far."

Nerzhei's free hand loosened, and she averted her eyes away from Droppy.

This isn't how she wanted to be. A frothing beast, little more than an animal, who got her way through force and fear.

Every day she had to face this option, and think about how much simpler it would be to just go down that route, but she never let herself do it. By the dragon lord she wanted to, but what would she gain by it? Some temporary power? Every being nearby treating her with fear-fueled praise?

She wanted to be praised, but not through fear. It should be via respect of her findings, and her contribution to the world at large. That should be her legacy, and not this... Filthy, roaring path that her parents so vehemently had tried to force her to follow. She were better than them. Smarter, stronger, and knew how to control her magic well, because she tried to be a reasonable being. They were nothing, and she wouldn't become like them. Not even when it came to Droppy. Not if she could help herself at least.

"We should go. The temple appears to be near."

Nerzhei would be the first to admit that she were not the kindest being. She were snarky, threatening at times, and had a habit of showing dominance over arguably small things. But there was a long way to go from that, to a monster, and she didn't want to cross that line and be looked at like Droppy had before. That sort of look made her feel disgusted about herself.

Meanwhile, Lyriel bend her neck, feeling like she were getting metaphorical lashes as the sphinx rightfully pointed out how she were failing her duties.

"I'm sorry great one, but I tried. The forest can't touch her, and the animals fear her. If I had my strength I could try, but I expended it almost all of it, and I don't know if it would matter. The consumer is an affront, and I... I'm a failure for not stopping her."

Tear went down her face, which fell to the ground. From where each drop landed, a pale, blue tulip delicately rose from the ground, sharing in the sorrow of the Dryad.

The sphinx had managed to play wisely and hit a very sore point for Lyriel, when she mentioned that this were the dryads failure to do her duty. As the last sane one of her kind (that she knew of) she felt a heavy responsibility to continue the practices she had grown with, and defend this new home, who needed her so badly. Droppy however, had proven to be everything this forest needed the least, and nearly unstoppable at that.

The vines had burst into flames,  killing her off were not an option according to Nerzhei, as the forest would then begin to die, and the animals were unlikely to be able to stop the mare either. Lyriel had heard what had happened to the timberwolf that crossed their path before, and those were the only ones who would not succumb to illness. What then could be done, if neither her, nor the beasts that might be able to touch the pony, could stop Droppy? Logically little, but when you felt the responsibility of the forest and its inhabitants were on your shoulders like Lyriel did, the weight felt like it landed on you. She were responsible for protecting the forest, and she were failing everyone. Even her creator, as had been painfully brought up.

It left the dryad desperate for a solution, which is where the conniving sphinx came in again with her suggestion about doing something about this. For a cost, but one that would ensure the forest, and everyone in it, would be safe. It made the dryad lift her head to her maker, her eyes still wet with residual tears, but carrying a small glimmer of hope in them. A desperate one, but that would likely just be a bonus for the sphinx.

"...What would it take, great one, to protect everything from the plague walker? What is the price for stopping her, or abolishing what causes her to consume without pause?"

==================================================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

"I'm s-sorry to hear that. Foalhood should include making f-friends, not be afraid w-what others might do if something went wrong."

Cherish had barely any idea what went on in her own foalhood anymore, but she knew that it was good to socialize regardless of personal experience or not. Ponies were highly sociable creatures, and rarely did well being alone for too long. If you went through school like that, it had to have been pretty grim.

@Blitz Boom

Suddenly a face of nervousness fell upon Sapphire. "We can go back and see if she's still back there." She said rather nervously, already beginning to walk down the hall. "Since if we did happen to ditch her, we can find her."

Astral got up off the floor and walked up next to Tidal Wave, seeing some legitimacy in what Sapphire said. "Couldn't hurt to, right?"

@Blitz Boom

He rolled his eyes. "You suggested it as limb replacement, yes. But if it was life like enough, might as well have regenerated, right? Besides, I could give it the nudge required to get there." The look on his face after he said it was as serious as his intent. He was quite set on at least leaving open the possibility to himself. If that Element of Greed couldn't even hold enough magic to do it, surely a prosthetic would do. Still, with them he could fetch the elements more easily, especially if he was "reformed" "Although, you do seem doubtful in my ability to be good."

"Wouldn't be surprised with your past crimes." He thought to himself, rolling his eyes a little,although that made him think of something else. "Isn't he still going to get a sentence before doing anything?"

@Blitz Boom

"Perfect! You got a lot of magical potential so you could pack a punch." He stood up off the bed and gave Chow a gentle nudge with his hoof, against Chow's shoulder. He  looked at him, and then Misty as she stood next to Chow. "So you want to learn too?"

"Yup!"

He pulled out a book, the etchings on it would seem similar to stuff written on the cover of Warlock's own magic journal, but didn't emit ashes, but knowing Chow's previous experience with the book, being able to read minds and all... "Ah, this is a protection enchantment." He said, pointing to the etchings on the book. "But it's really demanding to cast it. So it can only be etched, it involves some dark magic, but not as serious as the other stuff." He opened it up the book, turning to the first page. "You've done levitation, I suggest you practice that on the book over there." He pointed to a big hard back cover book, a foot thick. "Since Levitation is the easiest spell to practice."

Misty walked up to it. "What is it?"

"It's an encyclopedia, really heavy, trying to levitate it won't be anywhere as difficult as teleportation even, but if you increase the size of the object you practice on-" He looked to his bed. "-You will increase your magic abilities, making spells easier to cast." He levitated the bed behind himself as he looked back to Chow. "So is that too complicated to think about?"

She looked up to Chow, Misty looking concerned at him. "Maybe?"

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich @Dji Serenade shrugs "I have friends now. Ziggy, Muffins and Luna" She eyes Luna, "Yes Princess, I count you as friend" She smirks. then fluffs her wings, then smiles. "Besides, my life now, with a few exceptions is good now. I just want this interview over and done with so I can take a vacation"

@Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

The lizard looked at Fluttershy with a high level of disinterest as she bolted back from seeing him. The movement were enough to make him look, but there just wasn't anything in it until she came around again, so he just sat and licked up some sun rays.

As she got closer though, and shakily attempted to make contact, he the lizard raised one of his legs and tried to touch her. There were no claws, no apparent poison spikes on its palm, and nothing that indicated it were about to explode, so Fluttershy should be safe, right?

...Yes. The lizard only wanted to squeeze her hoof and see what was what, and didn't react badly to being stroked. She wasn't food - far too big - and not a threat, so he saw little reason to be alarmed in the slightest. Fluttershy might be though, but unless she began flailing him around she'd be fine.

"You know, if you keep your leg there long enough he might try to climb up. You should try it, he's harmless... Kind of. Long as you don't breathe fire on him, but I'm sorta certain ponies can't do that anyway. I know he looks kinda poisony, but that's not an issue as long as he doesn't get like, *on fire* hot. Run away if you drop him in a fire or something though. He'll start melting things that gets on his nerves then."

What? It wasn't like she could make something that were unable to defend itself. Poor thing would be a nerve wreck then, unless it was more or less lobotomized.

Frankly, Anomaly thought she had been nice here. Only made the creature defensive around camp fires and dragons - both of which the lizard didn't care to actively seek out - non-hostile, no unusually big claws, fangs, or active poison either, and it lived on bugs and fish. Way tamer than she usually went with, but she were trying to play nice here.

=========================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"It sounds like you have personal experience with him. Fascinating, yet I still stand unconvinced until I see things for myself. As you said, simply hearing somepony say he have turned around is a  hard thing to believe."

Scarcity glanced at a watch on the wall. The two others were being rather slow currently it seemed, or perhaps they could not find this place? She supposed it were an option, in case thy were oblivious to their surroundings, though regardless, perhaps it were better to get somepony out to find them.

"Brick, would you be so kind as to find our missing guests?"

The stallion grunted a non-word reply and went on his way to get the two others directed in here when he saw them. He didn't know much about them, but he could go by how Lin looked to a certain degree, judging on what his boss and the longma had spoken about for the last five minutes or so.

Meanwhile, Rosa nodded along, though he wer e thinking quite a good deal about why Sen dodged the question about Omen. Saying that she were simply *eccentric* clearly didn't cover what her issues here. If it were, he could just be on his merry way, yet the way she did things and behaved spoke of a seasoned caster with the mind of a ten year old filly. Something were amiss, though he seemed to need to wait for answers to that. Especially in regards to the semi-telekinesis that should really take a concentrated mind to pull off.

"You speak of her mother. Who is that, and had she something to do with the dark place we were to wander through earlier? Also, what can you tell of that place?"

It had seemed like a really odd place to be for Rosa at the time, and a strange thing that they seemed to only go there when it were Omen who stood for the gates, so he found himself wondering what the deal were with that place. Were it Omen's home? Her mothers? It seemed weird if it were, but there had to be something, and if nothing else, the questions he had given Sen would at worst be glossed over again.

When they had more privacy, he'd have to dig into this further for some more answers though. Mainly about Omen, and what the deal were actually with her. Rosa had played nice so far in trying to gain some knowledge, but so far, he had been told little, and doubtfully something that were true. At this point, he weren't even sure if Omen was a pony. Too many shape-shifters in the world to trust that, just because you saw an equine.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pringle walked up to the dracolisk and started bobbing his head.

Lucid knows what it means. He's done enough research to know that it meant Pringle was trying to fight the other lizard.

"Pringle! Stop trying to fight the dracolisk!"

Pringle looked over at Lucid, looked back to the dracolisk and continued bobbing his head.

"No, it was not looking at you funny! Now be nice!"

Lucid looked over at Fluttershy.

"You wouldn't know how to get a bearded dragon to stop being aggressive towards other lizards would you?"

• Brohoof 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:36 PM, Blitz Boom said:

It would be so simple to just go this route, wouldn't it? Give in to the rage, and let anybody who got in her way tremble before her. Covering and whimpering just like this lowly mare did.

It was a temptation that sometimes got hard to ignore. To imagine how much easier it would be to let go of her mind and just rely on muscle to get her way. Why, with her magic use, it shouldn't even be that big of an issue to take over a small town somewhere, and rule over it with an iron fist, or go back to Dragon Land and let her family feel the consequences of their poor treatment of her.

Nerzhei felt it strongly now too. The urge to simply let go, and harm the mare before she harmed Lotus. It was the easy way to deal with all of this. The route of least resistance, and then leave the consequences for someone else to deal with. What did the dragoness care about others anyway? She didn't need them. They weren't important.

"...I'm sorry. I went too far."

Nerzhei's free hand loosened, and she averted her eyes away from Droppy.

This isn't how she wanted to be. A frothing beast, little more than an animal, who got her way through force and fear.

Every day she had to face this option, and think about how much simpler it would be to just go down that route, but she never let herself do it. By the dragon lord she wanted to, but what would she gain by it? Some temporary power? Every being nearby treating her with fear-fueled praise?

She wanted to be praised, but not through fear. It should be via respect of her findings, and her contribution to the world at large. That should be her legacy, and not this... Filthy, roaring path that her parents so vehemently had tried to force her to follow. She were better than them. Smarter, stronger, and knew how to control her magic well, because she tried to be a reasonable being. They were nothing, and she wouldn't become like them. Not even when it came to Droppy. Not if she could help herself at least.

"We should go. The temple appears to be near."

Nerzhei would be the first to admit that she were not the kindest being. She were snarky, threatening at times, and had a habit of showing dominance over arguably small things. But there was a long way to go from that, to a monster, and she didn't want to cross that line and be looked at like Droppy had before. That sort of look made her feel disgusted about herself.

Meanwhile, Lyriel bend her neck, feeling like she were getting metaphorical lashes as the sphinx rightfully pointed out how she were failing her duties.

"I'm sorry great one, but I tried. The forest can't touch her, and the animals fear her. If I had my strength I could try, but I expended it almost all of it, and I don't know if it would matter. The consumer is an affront, and I... I'm a failure for not stopping her."

Tear went down her face, which fell to the ground. From where each drop landed, a pale, blue tulip delicately rose from the ground, sharing in the sorrow of the Dryad.

The sphinx had managed to play wisely and hit a very sore point for Lyriel, when she mentioned that this were the dryads failure to do her duty. As the last sane one of her kind (that she knew of) she felt a heavy responsibility to continue the practices she had grown with, and defend this new home, who needed her so badly. Droppy however, had proven to be everything this forest needed the least, and nearly unstoppable at that.

The vines had burst into flames,  killing her off were not an option according to Nerzhei, as the forest would then begin to die, and the animals were unlikely to be able to stop the mare either. Lyriel had heard what had happened to the timberwolf that crossed their path before, and those were the only ones who would not succumb to illness. What then could be done, if neither her, nor the beasts that might be able to touch the pony, could stop Droppy? Logically little, but when you felt the responsibility of the forest and its inhabitants were on your shoulders like Lyriel did, the weight felt like it landed on you. She were responsible for protecting the forest, and she were failing everyone. Even her creator, as had been painfully brought up.

It left the dryad desperate for a solution, which is where the conniving sphinx came in again with her suggestion about doing something about this. For a cost, but one that would ensure the forest, and everyone in it, would be safe. It made the dryad lift her head to her maker, her eyes still wet with residual tears, but carrying a small glimmer of hope in them. A desperate one, but that would likely just be a bonus for the sphinx.

"...What would it take, great one, to protect everything from the plague walker? What is the price for stopping her, or abolishing what causes her to consume without pause?"

Droppy blinked and kept her distance from Nerzhei like she was the one with a disease, still giving her a wary look. She kept her distance from the dragon and snorted as they moved towards the Sphinx's temple, her flank was still hurting and she was one to keep grudges. She was only playing and she got snapped at for making fun of the dragon. She pointedly continued to give her a disproving glare, though she didn't say anything encase it set her off again, she instead looked to where the odd looking building was in the distance and snorted. "Looks like a temple" she remarked. 

She smirked and gave Nerzhei a evil grin, "Looks like shes decided to settle here, wonder how long till she decides that the view isn't that nice" she chuckled. She knew how this particular Sphinx worked, though after Nerzhei's latest outburst she decided not to reveal too much, after all she still had a sore flank."Hope you got more of that headache draft, your going to need it" she giggled. "Suppose you could wish for some more, or wish for the headache to disappear, though you'll be searching for a body to go with it" she added amused. 

"Better hope your plant friends not gone and made a deal with her, otherwise you might be looking for a cure yourself" she snorted rolling her eyes.

The Sphinx rolled her eyes, "Well my magic forbids her harm until her quest is completed. You might posses magic but not as strong as my own, your attempts were flawed as soon as you decided you needed to kill her, trap her and that would have worked perfectly well. Moved her on would have also worked" she tutted giving Lyriel a lecture. "Not every animal fears her, not myself nor that friend of a dragon you keep with you." she finished.

She rolled her eyes as she began to cry, "Crying won't solve the matter either. All that will do is cause you more harm then good" she advised. She hated other things crying, it made her grumpy which probably could be picked up by the tone in her voice. She glanced into the pool by her throne at the question and stired the water with her tail tip. "Hmm the price?" she asked. 

She glanced in the water and nodded at what she saw. "Well I would ask that this temple and the ground its sat on is considered sacred and any and all specifics are decided by myself within the temple, since I'm living here now. I would like that exclusive and incontrovertible right" she said with a small smile. "Not much really, just want to be able to do what i want with my temple and the land its on really." she added, "Then the plague walker can be cured of her disease and be returned back to her home. Like she had never even been infected in the first place. Just think of how many creatures she has killed and infected. All i'm asking for really is a slice of land, think of how many creatures have been destroyed already" she added sweetening the deal.  

"take it or leave it, you are the protector of this forest after all. I would prefer it not be destroyed by a plague walker, but that's up to you. Take the deal and protect your forest or let it fall into ruin. I do like letting creatures use there own free will to decide whats best for there own futures" she finished glancing back into the pool. She liked what she saw in it. 

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk had always found it easier to track down a pony with a goal or destination in mind.  When one was having to track down a pony that had no idea where they were going and just randomly went about, that was a lot of more difficult.  Considering though, they he hadn't seen Molotov Boom, or heard his rambling for that matter, it wasn't hard to conclude that Blitz Boom was out on her own.  Listening to the other stallion the other day was still fresh in his mind, and this current situation was not normal.  Well, normal for the workshop ponies anyways from what he could tell. 

Luckily though, Dusk didn't have to go into this search blind.  The city had a lot of smells to it, of which easily changed from block to block.  A unique scent to the city though, was that of incendiary byproducts.  While faint, the midnight blue stallion could at least tell he was in the right area.  Although it wasn't any of his business, he might need to bring up to the older Boom sibling that more baths might be in order for the young filly.  Although, if scent wasn't the best way to go, it really helped to follow the ponies on the streets that appeared to have their heads turned in directions away from their current paths.  In a city like this, most things didn't shock anypony anymore.  Blitz Boom was a pretty unique sight though.  Fiery red mane and mechanical wings pretty be give away.  That, and broken horns were in of themselves, rather rare.

Not that just any pony in Manehatten would stop the filly out on her own, as most couldn't be all that bothered with anything extra in their perceived busy days.  Following the gazes of other ponies on the street, the detective ran in the direction he hoped Blitz Boom was going in, and well not something else the ponies had been looking at.

Almost running past the alley before he heard something that was familiar to him.  The mechanical chittering of the smaller spider Carmen.  Skidding to a stop again before doubling back to look down the alley filled with smelly garbage cans.  Just in time to see a hyper, bouncing filly going to the other end.

"Blitz Boom!"

He called after her.  Getting his hooves in motion to go after her.

@Blitz Boom

Mike looked at the skull with slight interest. It wasn’t every day that one would see a necklace sprout glowing eyes. (Them again, not many people wielded a sword magically enchanced by a hundreds-year-old warrior, who was in fact living in said weapon.) Mike put the picture back in his saddlebag. The young Earth Pony looked up at Sorrow. “I guess we should head to it. Better sooner than late, right? Is that how it goes?” Before walking towards the exit of the station. Mike couldn’t shake the feeling that Sorrow’s necklace seemed to be intrigued with him...

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

Suppose if there aren't any campfires around, it would be safe for the dracolisk. Fluttershy, now calmer, left her hoof extended to see what the creature will do next but going by what Anomaly said, it would likely do as he stated She still wasn't sure about what to make of it but she was a lot more assured it won't be hostile to her. The same could not be said for Angel who promptly pouted at Fluttershy and the dracolisk before retiring to the inside of the saddlebag again. The pegasus looked to the bunny before he turned away and gestured him to come and have a look. Angel didn't like it but he returned and had a look while trying to be friendly. He was mostly in charge of the other animals back at the cottage, even Harry. No one would mention it but the bear and the bunny seem to get along just fine that the former wouldn't mind leaving the latter with more responsibility. 

As for Lucid and Pringle's show of aggression, Fluttershy was a little less assured. She doesn't work with many lizards and the only thing that comes close is Gummy, whom Pinkie may understand better than the pegasus ever could. 

"I could, um, try talking to Pringle for you, Lucid." Fluttershy looked over to the bearded dragon and hoped she wouldn't need to resort to her back-up plan. She lay down next to him and slowly brought the dracolisk closer. "Pringle, there's no need to be hostile to our new friend here. He's not harmless and you wouldn't want to give him a bad first impression of you."

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

Sen froze up at Rosa's question. It was difficult because even he isn't exactly sure how to explain Mother to him. The first encounter in her realm and later explaining to both siblings just who she was... it is still a tough pill to swallow all things considered. If he and Lin were baffled by the explanation given to them, how would anyone else respond upon hearing the same. Right now, Sen was evading questions to the best of his ability but seeing just how vague his answers are, he may have to give Rosa something honest. Just not now.

"H-her mother? That realm Omen can go through, that is part of the realm that her mother inhabits, just nowhere near her. It's dark, possibly much more expansive than what we've seen. It's hard to say since it's a place I haven't traversed. It may be more expansive than even Equestria but I can't be certain. Only Omen's mother knows more and... I don't know. I haven't asked. To be honest, even I don't know a lot about that place other than Omen has to traverse it to move from place to place and her mother has a lot of control over that place."

"This is a difficult thing to talk about, who she and Omen are, and if you'll even believe one bit of it. Can I ask if we could wait till we are somewhere away from anypony else? And to respect what you hear when I explain this to you? You don't have to believe it but all I'm asking is for you to just listen and understand. A lot of what I could tell you is surreal but if I can tell you one thing about Omen's mother right now, it's that her power could rival alicorns, probably surpass them. She is someone who is kind and caring, wishing for her children to be with good masters who can help them integrate to this realm but she won't hesitate to use the full might of her power should you cross her. Sounds like the traits of Princess Celestia. That bit with masters doesn't mean slavery."

The last part is something Sen can sympathize with. When he first heard of that term being used, he immediately assumed the worst. He hated the idea of slavery but the longer he stayed around Mother and learning about Omen, slavery was the last thing that could be associated with that she does. Mother has proven in more than one occasion that she loves her children and wants them to go to good homes. Personal experience is guaranteed to hold up the truth behind that statement and it gives him warm fuzzies at the same time. 

As for Lin, having to admit having prior contact with Discord might be a bad move right now. It could leave Scarcity second-guessing her choice to let Lin do some work for her if she is associated with someone whom she didn't trust. It was an understandable sentiment but would being honest with her mean leaving herself open to being cornered but the way Scarcity talked suggested she was already on to something despite trying to hide her association. 

"I've had contact with Discord. Had tea and sandwiches with him and Fluttershy, to be exact. I wouldn't blame you for not believing he's changed and aside from the chaotic and crazy personality, he's frankly an amicable sort. Okay, maybe some persuasion necessary depending on his mood but staying around him for a while convinced me that he has turned over a new leaf." 

• Brohoof 1

After Fluttershy talked to Pringle, he responded by biting the dracolisk.

"Pringle! What has gotten into you today?"

Lucid picked up his lizard pet. This didn't make sense to Lucid, this was a first.

"I don't get it, he usually never acts this way. Do you think something is wrong with him? Surely you must know what's wrong! You know everything about animals, right?"

It was pretty obvious that Lucid was worried about his pet. Did Pringle need something? He already had his crickets, so he couldn't be hungry. He looked at Pringle who had his mouth open, this usually means he is trying to regulate his temperature.

"Do any of you know the exact temperature out here?"

@Rising Dusk

Blitz heard the officer and automatically turned around from hearing her name being called out. She were almost at the end of the alley though. So close to potential adventure and fun! So she just turned around again and walked on until she reached the end.

Poking her head around the corner, she saw all kinds of weird things, but not immediately something she'd consider fun. Sure there were an area that were totally fenced in, where she could break in and see what happened, though she hadn't brought any tools, and the sign said the fence were electric.

The rest seemed kinda bland. Mostly clothes stores and perfume places. Yuck. The only smell Blitz wanted, were the fresh smell of lit explosives, and clothes? Stupid looking, made it hard to move, and could catch on fire easily. So not the way to go in a workshop.

Meh, she should have taken the other way after all inst- Wait, was that a street performer? Hehe, that might be fun to look at.

She had been standing there for about two minutes before she'd attempt to move on, so Rising should have plenty enough time to catch up with her before she bounced onward. If not, he could still follow the sound of Carmen protesting this whole thing. She might not be as loud as say, a dog, but she could still vocalize well enough to be heard. She could also pinch down on Blitz, but she had been trying that for some time now, and the filly didn't seem to care at all. Just a few random twitched when it happened and that was it. Molotov at least took notice of when she did it and saw it as a thing to respond to. Blitz on the other hoof, wanted adventure more than she cared about a few pinches here and there.

==================================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

"Great. Let's hope we find her soon, so you don't have to worry for long anymore."

Whilst Sorrow didn't take notice of it so far, Mike were right in his assumption that Legion had taken some interest in him. Even as Sorrow turned and began to wander besides the smaller earth pony, the skull still directed their eyes towards him at times, apparently seeing something that caught their interest.

Nopony else really took notice of them though. With all the repairs, the varied races, and the battle itself being only a few days ago, most of the town had gotten pretty fatigued with weird things, and a skull with glowing eyes plus an earth pony with a sword that clearly wasn't a royal guard, weren't even close to being weird enough tot ake notice of. Plus, it were rather busy on the streets right now, as the last things began to get fixed by the looks of it.

They'd soon get to a small side way where there weren't anypony currently, which would be the point where Sorrow would start talking again. It was kinda hard to be heard in the busty streets, and she didn't want to yell things when it was simply conversation after all. Well, kinda simple anyway.

"This is gonna sound kinda weird Mike, but do you have a guardian spirit with you or anything like that? Legion keeps saying that there's somepony else with you."

Sorrow couldn't see it, but Legion were better at sensing these things than even her, and they knew there were some kind of aura of a spirit around Mike, they just couldn't tell where it were, or who it might belong to, and it confused them. An unusual feeling for the hivemind, since at least one of them usually knew something about what were going on, but currently they were as clueless as Sorrow were, and curious as they were, they sought answers. Perhaps they wouldn't get one, but they could keep watch otherwise until they had some kind of idea what went on.

=========================================================================================================================

@Lloyd @Dji

"Long as you keep track of the reptile. I want him in a cell before he goes on to cause more atrocities, and then I'm gonna bleed him for any information he have. Something tells me there's gonna be enough to cause several lifetimes worth of incarceration."

The way Zhu had spoken had made the general think that there were far more to his crimes than they had been told, and even though he would in fact turn out to have never killed anypony, that didn't excuse his crimes, or letting the crimes of others happen either. Soon as they had him, they could get a scale of a lot of crimes and apparent *accidents* that had happened throughout the years, and perhaps rile up one of the largest ring of threats to the country in recent memory.

One step at a time though. First, they had to address the issue of what happened to Void. Hopefully, this wouldn't end up being the first confirmed death by the paws of Zhu...

They wouldn't get too far in the other direction though, before the several meters of collapsed tunnels would get in their way. But hey, they had two witches with them. Shouldn't be a huge problem, right?

========================================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Of course, but it doesn't mean that we can't work with him while he's serving his time. And I'm not letting a crippled pony into a prison like that. He's getting his prosthetics, and that is final. What happens otherwise is up to the generals, though I really do hope that we can work with you, Warlock. If you seem to be doing good in the programs, the sentence can likely get reduced for good behavior."

Hogweed understood the concerns of the guard, and how hard it were to imagine giving somepony like Warlock an extra chance, but they had a responsibility to help criminals get better, and become productive members of society when their sentence was over. Even Warlock were included in that, and she were saddened to hear that the guard didn't even consider it a chance that they could or should work with Warlock.

"Anyway, you uhm... Said something there. About nudging things ahead? You think that your magic can be a deciding factor in making it better?"

Considering his magical strength, that might actually end up being somewhat possible. She doubted a full limb regeneration, but perhaps a kind of conversion of the prosthetic? Crazier ideas had happened than that.

=======================================================================================================================

@Lloyd

Magical potential? Him? Hah! That was a joke if Chow ever heard one.

Sure, he had been the prison of a pretty magical being, and as he had seen earlier when he had spilled blood, Emerald's occupation had left her mark on him, but there was a good line between that and saying he could be a strong magic user. But hey, he'd stretch it as long as he could if it meant getting some kind of strength to work with here.

"What was that, Misty? You being sassy on my behalf now?"

THe notion that Misty gave abut him being stupid gave Chow another reason to grin, and give her a friendly pat on the shoulder. She had been pretty clear on him not touching her mane again, but a nudge hadn't been ruled out, so that was fair game. He had to acknowledge the simple, but rather effective burn on his intellect somehow at least.

"Seriously, well played kiddo. Now step back and see the start of a great player in the magic game. Or somepony who'll end up with a concussion. Either way it should be something worth watching I'd say."

The first experience he had with lifting a book were still well and solid cemented in his mind, so Chow tried to be a little more careful this time again on this large book. Which got him just about nowhere, so he kept on concentrating and going through the motions like Astral had briefly shown him before they had to get going again.

Man, it had really been some hectic days they'd been through by now.

Anyway, eventually, he would get the book to start moving, though not impressively so, as it were more jumping up and down than actually floating. It wasn't easy to get done though. The thing was heavy, and Chow were about as green as cabbage. They had to give him a little time to try and get used to this and get it stable.

==========================================================================================================================

@BloodDrops

Nerzhei grimaced at Droppy's last comment.

Whereas she could ignore the rest of the comments going toward the temple, and knew that she deserved these at least, the last one struck a chord that she hadn't considered.

"That's a problem, yes. Lyriel is... Naive. Believes that everyone have a good side, and doesn't think they want to trick her. It's a possibility that she'd agree to a deal and not know what it would entail."

Honestly, the dryad were far too trusting for the dragoness's taste, and right now, that were a problem. One that she should have thought off before the two groups split up and the naive forest spirit got left with a being whose race were about as known for manipulation and trickery as the changelings. They might end up going into a situation that were going to require them to fight, though Nerzhei would really hope not. Even at her best, she had high doubts that she could defeat a sphinx, and she were not well currently. Her energy were drained, whilst the sphinx were likely strong and ready to duke it out if needed be.

Speaking of deals who may be in play, Lyriel were faced with thinking on what she had been presented.

It sounded like a good arrangement. The sphinx would have her little part of the forest to herself, and she could govern the building as she pleased, and she would get this privacy and freedom in return for stopping a great threat. What were not to like in that deal? It were not as if Lyriel had not wanted to discourage the animals in the forest to leave this part of it alone anyway, so it seemed perfect, honestly.

Yet something were concerning her. A feeling that came up from her roots/hooves, that she were not used to interpret from the earth mother: Caution.

Lyriel knew not if it were caution about the plague bearer getting closer, or something about what the sphinx said, but it made the dryad hesitant to simply say yes.

Drying the tears from her eyes, Lyriel slowly looked upwards, and gazed upon the large form of her creator.

"May I ask, mighty creator, how much land would your greatness require? This forest contain many creatures, and if you take much of their land, I have to know what is left that they can live on. They need me to know."

Lyriel prayed that this would not anger the creator, but this were one thing that she might see the earth mother being worried about, as well as something the animals most certainly would care about, so she needed to ask. If there were still room for them in a blossoming, free part of the forest, then she could accept this with little worry, though the sphinx might trick her into agreeing anyway. The plague walker were near after all, and if the sphinx kept going on about Lyriel failing and the urgency on a choice, she could be pressured into agreeing to something she knew nothing about.

==============================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich @Dji @Moonlit

"W-Where would you go? On your v-vacation, I mean."

Cherish had not known other places than the old castle for a long, long time, so hearing about other places were kinda interesting. So were to ask who Muffin were, but it were likely just a pony that the hidden siren knew, rather than an actual, talking muffin.

==================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"After what happened with Filigree, and what I saw for myself as we traveled to Canterlot, I am willing to believe a lot of things."

An open mind had been needed for a lot of things the last few years. Facing what his work had caused of damage, the crazy plan of his mother, what kind of horrible pony she were in general, and then working with Sen and his strange troupe of friends... It were either to attempt an open mind, or go crazy at some point.

Besides, what he had seen from the dark place they were taken didn't leave him with much reason to disbelieve in much. That apparently Omen's mother ruled the place, with powers rivaling or surpassing that of alicorns, were not the strangest thing he had heard of, though it did make him more reluctant to speak poorly of Omen. His own mother might be a horrid, manipulative beast, but normal mothers did not take kindly to their off-spring being mocked.

It made him wonder too, about what Omen were exactly, but that were one of the topics they would cover eventually, when they had more privacy. Along with what Sen meant when he mentioned masters, but then claimed it had nothing to do with slavery.

Something told Rosa that he would only get more questions than answers, but they'd see soon enough. For now, they were getting closer to the shop,a nd needed to stay alert to spot it.

Meanwhile, Scarcity raised an eyebrow in genuine surprise.

"A personal sit-down with the lord of chaos? Now that sounds rather fascinating. Would you perhaps care to elaborate? I would appreciate a more detailed idea of how he might be in private, rather than the generic *scatterbrained and chaotic* response I tend to hear when it comes to him."

Lin were right in thinking that Scarcity had an agenda in everything she talked about, though when it came to Discord, she weren't stupid enough to think that any plan could honestly stop him. Several were the artifacts that Scarcity had at her disposal too, but even the strongest among them - which she needed to have returned soon from Blackbeak - were nothing compared to Discord, if he cared enough to handle it.

No, this were simple information gathering, so she had some idea what to expect if she had to meet with him at some point. Perhaps some kind of interest, or quirk that she could spin correctly to make the meeting more pleasant, and less messy and chaotic. Not that she planned to meet him, but it might unintentionally happen when she visited Ponyville, or if he joined another party in Canterlot that she might attend, so she couldn't rule it out.

============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine

The dracolisk didn't care much about what went on for the majority of the time. The extended hoof got crawled up on, and when he got to the top, he were confronted by a bunny. About the right size to be food, but Angel didn't smell or look like a fish, so the dracolisk just glanced disinterested towards the furry menace, even as Angel starred at him like the scaled one had done something to the bunny personally.

The pony seemed to want them to get along, so he opened his mouth and let out a short, echoing croak like before. It seemed to be fine then, so why not now?

Well, the last being up here would be that reason. A smaller lizard, who kept booping the dracolisk, apparently looking for a fight. Not something the new addition to Fluttershy's back really cared much for, so he didn't do anything.

That is, until Pringle went over and bit him.

The other things had just been something the lizard didn't understand, and generally didn't care about, but being bitten were different. It was an attack.

The dracolisk opened his maw towards the smaller lizard that had let go of him again, and let out a loud, vibrating croak towards the attacker. A challenge *roar* if you would. If Pringle came close again, the lizard would fight, and considering the size, it were potentially a much greater danger to Pringle than the other way around. That is, if biting and such were the method it would defend itself.

Anomaly were honestly not entirely sure. The loud sound for example, and the way he puffed up his cheeks, made her think that maaaaaaeby she added a teensie tiny mistake in making it able to croak loudly. It were just a way to make it seem bigger if there were attackers, but even at the volume just now, she could almost feel her ears tremble. Perhaps she had underestimated the lizard brain's ability to use loud noises as a sort of defense as well? Hard to say until she saw what he'd do.

For her at least, that were just amazing. For the others, it might be kinda unnerving. They'd see.

"Huh? Temperature? No idea. Less than a hundred degrees Celsius, more than ten? I'm not a weather station."

@Blitz Boom

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed the cakes, there's nothing better than a satisfied customer, especially when they've been so kind and helpful."

She beamed warmly at them and quickly moved to adjust a cake stand that was standing precariously close to the edge of the shelf it was sat upon, presumably knocked there by a frantic Victoria.

"It's interesting to hear she was so calm around your family members Benny, I could see them angering her quite quickly. Though in a way she's always been closer to dragons than ponies, maybe because they tended to have a similar attitude to her when she met them back in the day. It'll be nice to see her being friendly with both her own species and family members as well as others, she'll find much more love sent her way if she can pull that off."

"Maybe now she's being nice she could teach me a thing or two about being as bold as she is!"

Lemon piped up from across the room.

"This gathering of your family sounds scary, no offence intended of course Benny. I hope you'll be ok Pop dear, I'm sure Benny will look after you, and Vicky if you let her tag along."

Battenberg chuckled a little.

"No need to generalise mum, we misunderstand dragons as much as they misunderstand us, they're not going to hurt the love of their son's life."

Battenberg, like Victoria, had travelled with her father on numerous occasions and was almost as well acquainted with dragons as her sister, she trusted them more than most ponies, though her timid nature had hindered her from forming solid relationships with the scaly species. 

It wasn't long before Victoria finally reappeared, slowly, and perhaps nervously, emerging from the kitchen doorway. She'd clearly been hard at work with this emergency makeup kit and had completely revamped her style. Her mascara was back in place alongside her usual red eye shadow but the biggest changes were with her mane. A lot more curled than it had been the first time they'd seen her, her hair now resembled that of her sister and mother. Just as long and poofy as before, much of it partially covered one her eyes and a small lock of hair was wrapped around her ear, held in place by the flower she had randomly taken from Ahadi earlier on, perhaps always a part of a plan to rework her appearance. Her tail had been combed down too, and curled to match her mane, it now hung in two parts separated by a small pink bow. She appeared a lot more approchable and friendly than she had with her old look which had made her look more snooty and refined. She had chosen cute over class. Around her neck, yet another addition to her look, a hoofknitted striped scarf in red and white, identical in all but colour to the yellow one Battenberg always seemed to be wearing and the purple one round Lemon's neck.

5a95fe57b7e2b_CuteVickySocks.thumb.png.0f2f08b6997aba0e9f92fde47b343a36.png

"It feels good to be neat and tidy again, I'll try hard to not be so uptight about mess but I've still got to have standards."

She chuckled and gently swished her tail forwards so it was more visible.

"W-what do you think? Is it a good look for me?"

She seemed nervous, worried about acceptance again, unsure of how her friends and family would feel about this change of appearance.

"I thought since I'm reconnecting with my family I should embrace their style a little, so I've gone with mother's curls and Batty's arrangement. I also decided that it's time to wear this scarf, you made it with such love mum and I'm sorry I accused you of not loving me enough. I'll wear this as often as possible from now on."

Battenberg frowned slightly.

"How did that get here? Last time I saw that scarf it was locked away in a draw, at home, in your room."

Victoria looked sheepishly at the scarf around her neck.

"I... uh... I may not have been as unappreciative as I made it look. I brought it here so I could look at it on my breaks, I used to just hold it and wonder if I was wrong to be how I was. I guess that's why it's been so quick and easy for me to change, I was already doubting myself a little."

Battenberg gently hugged her sister.

"Aww Vicky... You should have told me you silly filly."

Victoria chuckled and pulled away.

"I know, I know. L-let's not get all sentimental, I don't want to ruin this mascara already."

"Ok, just make sure you come to me from now on, I'll always be here if you need me, I love you Victoria."

The two sisters smiled at each other and Victoria gave a slight nod, no more words were necessary.