Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk did what he did best on their trip back to the fortress workshop.  He listened to the young floating filly as she rambled on about her want of adventure and the overprotective nature of her older brother.  If she wanted to find a playground through, she was definitely heading the wrong direction for that.  The kind of playgrounds one finds in a back alley are not the one's for a filly, or any normal pony really.  

"Is there perhaps a way you can convince your brother you won't run off and get lost?"

He inquired, having a good feeling he knew the root of the problem that caused the need for a leash on the filly.  Heck, that was part of the reason he was using magic right now to levitate her to get her and Carmen home.

Arriving at the fortress workshop, found the door closed.  Doors that closed on there own did seem like a rather nice thing he'd like to have in his own home.  Pretty sure that the security system was down, he still approached the front door with a healthy dose of caution.  Walking up to the door step and tapping in a couple of places to see if anything would pop out.  Nothing did, which was a good thing.  A quick glance up to the ceiling to see the absence of a large mechanical spider he still hadn't met.  Double good thing.  The spider web from last night was gone as well.  Phew.

Trotting into the workshop proper, sure enough, there was the sleeping Molotov.  Looking back to watch the door close and more sure nothing was going to spring out at him.  Satisfied, he lowered the wiggling filly to the ground and released the spell that held her in control.   

"Go for it."

Dusk chuckled and moved to see the half-built machine Molotov appeared to have been working on all night.

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd

KARMIC FATE

Karmic watched Zhu guide her onto the right path and ran alongside him. "Sorry," Karmic apologized, shaking her head to get her mane with an ever-shifting array of grey patterns out of her face. She had no idea where they were going but didn't think it was the time to ask any questions.

@Blitz Boom, @Moonlit, @Seamore Sandwich

AURORA LIGHTS

"A ch-changeling? Wh-wh-whatever gave you that idea? Creepy ghost?" Aurora asked, staring in avid shock at the ghost she was having a conversation with. She had no idea how the ghost figured out she was a Changeling but she also knew that the fishy lead her to whatever room was beyond the door the ghost was poking her head out of.

@Blitz Boom 

@Dji 

Anyway, I’m here because I was wondering how the restoration of the clock tower was going.  It’s an important landmark that-” Celestia was interrupted by the echo of a shriek in the castle.  “What was that?  Is somepony else here?” she asked as she took a few steps in the direction of the noise.

@Blitz Boom 

@Dji 

@Moonlit 

I’m on my way here now.  Twilight and Last will manage to slow me down, but I need you, Serenade, to go out there and talk to Aurora.  Tell Cherish to hide herself.  I can’t be allowed to see her here.  Keep in mind that I won’t yet know that you’re a siren.  Can you do that for me?”  Celestia knew they would find a way to let Twilight know who was who between Aurora and Serenade, whose Pegasus form had not yet been seen by Twilight, since she had already seen it happen.

@Blitz Boom 

Charlie’s crackling subsided a little, but not completely.  “This is so much fun, exploring new places.  It’s so much better than seeing what you want to see or what others want to see in the Realm of Dreams.”

(edited)

@Blitz Boom 

(Continued from page 278)

I would be honored to have you join me for a mission.  I know not of this Merc Assault of which you speak.  I have been away for a very long time,” Marcus responded.  She didn’t seem to be a trusting pony, but maybe he could earn her trust somehow.  “As for the rest of our team,” he says, turning to face Hunter, “we’ll need to cover all possibilities as we’ve yet to select a mission.  It would be wise to include someone specializing in long range attacks, and another who is good with close to midrange weapons.  I see by your bow, fox, that you may be able to fill the long range role, depending on your aim.  Maybe a demonst-”  Hunter took his bow off his shoulder quickly and fired an arrow before Marcus could finish his sentence.  The arrow cut the wick off a  burning candle at the far end of the long table, which then flew to the side and hit the end of a black Earth Pony’s cigar, lighting it.  The arrow itself struck an apple as another pony was taking a bite of it.  “Any questions?”  Though Hunter’s question was rhetorical, the Earth Pony spoke up in an Irish accent.  “I’ve got one.  First of all, thanks for the light, but I need to know, mister Silvermane, do you have any use for a powderman?”  Marcus, not knowing this more recent but slightly dated term for an explosives expert, turned back to Brute Force and asked quietly, “What’s a powderman?”

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine

"Please, he can chase down his own food. I know your ponies in the area have a weird thing with the animals needing to be cared for constantly, or whatever the deal is, but this here's no local critter. I batched him up, and I'm never making a creature without the base instincts needed for survival. Gotta have to be able to survive on their own if something happened. All this little fellah needs is a place to rest, and I can build that in a snap. In fact-"

Anomaly snapped her tail, yet nothing seemed to happen.

"There. Put a place he can nest in above your house, and added some flowers that'll help attract insects. Just don't get worried if he's suddenly not there. Little thing is probably just going to a lake so he can snag up a fish now and again."

As for the lizard in question, he were in the process of socializing with Pringle still, but lazily lifted his head towards the pony and just looked at her indifferently after a little while. Then he gave a small shrug, and went back to Pringle for the time being. The message seemed to be a *Why not?* which might not be the most enthusiastic of answers, but it were likely as good a *yes* as she Fluttershy were going to get from him. She'd need to work with him some time to make him more lively and responsive to things more than likely.

Meanwhile, Anomaly figured that she couldn't ignore Lucid anymore (though she wondered how he'd react if she just did) and turned to him with a big grin on her face.

"Silly poquus. I used to be the spirit of destruction, and you want to fight me? Well, phooey to that. I don't wanna. Bad things happen when I start to really fight somepony. Like, seriously, bad things, and a couple of instinct things starts to pop up again. I mean yeah, I've fought another draqonequus with large pancake bats, but that's just fun, not a battle.

So... Cluck cluck, I'm a duck? Chicken doesn't rhyme with anything fun. Expect fear-stricken, but that's kinda the thing I'm trying to get away from."

========================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Close, but you have a few things mingled up.

The statues I seek are connected into one, large statue, and the statue you are not to touch are golden. What it looks over is a heavily inscribed box which is not to be touched, or the golden statue will most likely retaliate. Potentially lethally.

Beyond that you seem to have the basics in check. I will eagerly await your return, and prepare my end of the deal in the meantime. Best of luck."

With that, Scarcity walked away to the other side of the store to inspect something there, done with this group for the time being. They'd get themselves sorted from here on out, and leave her with ample time to gather the information she needed to get Filigree convicted properly. The mare might be a cunning one, that hid her evidence well, but Scarcity highly doubted that she were good enough to not fail somewhere. Not when Filigree relied solely on herself. Even if she had though, evidence could still be procured in other ways, yet they'd see what were to be found first. Who knew? This might even prove entertaining.

"We should be on our way. The further we get before we need to rest, the better. Try to conserve some energy though, Lin. You're our sole link to our supplies currently."

Rosa could still go at night with little issue, and go on for a few days before needing sleep if he had to, but Sen and Lin weren't professionals in a field that required it, far as he observed. They'd need rest like regular beings, and at night as well. A prime time for his kind, yet it mattered little to Rosa what time of day he had to wander around in. If day were needed, he would, even if it weren't the best time and he didn't blend in as well when the sun were out.

===================================================================================================================

@BloodDrops

Lyriel fell lower and lower with each word thrown her way. Reprimanding her, painting her as a failure to her creator, and the forest itself... And where it not true? She had tried so hard to make everything well, blend in with the ponies and preserve a harmony here, and what had happened when the first major threat appeared? She gave it a day to leave, causing plentiful of innocent creatures to fall to Droppy's voracious, unending hunger, and then when she tried to fight off the sickly mare, the dryad had failed. She couldn't get this mare out of her forest, and if they were coming here, it seemed as if her dragon friend couldn't either, or were reluctant to hurry the creature out.

It would just lead to mare animals dying pointlessly, more imbalance and suffering... All because she were too weak, and now had the audacity to ask questions where they did not belong? To the one being who could set this all right, and for what price? To alter some of the forest? What were that, compared to fixing that which the dryad could not? To remedy a plague that could engulf the entirety of this country that had been so open to her, and turn the ponies she wished saw her as a friend, into nothing but husks?

The sphinx's last comment especially stung, as it touched the fear that Lyriel had about being what she had escaped. Of the mad, crazed siblings that had done such a horrendous act, and seemed to revel in it. It were as much a fear to the dryad, as it were to touch polluted or too pure water. She couldn't fall for the same, corrupting addiction they had, and she couldn't do what they did. Even when she tried to end Droppy, it were an action she did with sadness in her heart and as a last resort. Doing it on a far greater scale, like the sphinx threatened Lyriel would be responsible for...

"...Do what you must, if it means saving them. I... I accept the deal."

"Lyriel! Don't listen to her!"

Lyriel heard the dragon's voice, but didn't turn to look, too ashamed of herself to face anyone right now.

Nerzhei hadn't broken in, but the sphinx and the dryad hadn't been too far inside the temple currently - as if it were that big to begin with - and the sphinx the beings spoke loudly enough for the dragoness to hear it. She didn't hear Lyriel'd response, as the dryad couldn't find the strength of will to raise her voice too much as she accepted what were likely going to be an ill-fated deal, and if Nerzhei had, she would likely have not waited at the door, not wanting to break into this place as she weren't suicidal.

==============================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Blitz didn't waste any time looking for something to write with, and eventually stumbled over a stick of coal. Grinning from ear to ear, she'd go over and begin to doodle on Molotov's face, adding fake glasses, a mustache and so forth, before going on to his torso. He weren't waking up from it yet, so she didn't see a point in stopping. Not whilst it were still fun.

As for the machine Molotov slept on, it were still only about half finished. You could see the framework going into the  elongated semi-rectangular shape, but the appendages that seemed to be added as well were not on, and for some reason, it appeared that there were no space for wheels on it either. There did seem to be a large holding tank though, albeit it were uncertain if it were going to be used solely for carrying items, or if more of the framework or some wiring needed to go into it.

The part where Molotov were asleep seemed to have an opening too, though for what weren't certain. There were some blueprints on the table near him though, in case the officer wished to look. It were likely still gibberish to him, but it did give the base form of some kind of..: Well, easiest way to put it were a hollowed out tank mixed with a beetle, including a horn that were seemingly going to be useful in digging. The text on the page under it were likely going to give Dusky a headache if he attempted to read it, even if this were a simpler software installation than the AI testing programs Molotov had put in his spiders. This were a simple program for a machine that just needed to do one thing, though there were some notes beneath with question marks. Perhaps he had not yet decided if he wanted this to have a degree of free will or not. Could have something to do with the new shape, as he had so far seemingly only had luck doing so with spiders, but the officer would have to ask him.

Speaking of spiders, they weren't alone in the room anymore. Though she didn't make a sound, and slowly moved around her web in the darkness of the ceiling to remain out of sight, Fielicia had decided to come out and observe them again. Well, not them per se, just one of them, though if Dusky would realize he were being observed were anyponys guess. He seemed to have good senses for it, but there were several other things to see as well currently. He might also want to wake up Molotov soon, before he became completely covered in charcoal by the enthusiastic filly.

==================================================================================================================

@Dji @Lloyd

"You should save your apologies to somepony who deserve them."

Zhu were far from a saint, as the conversation with the other group had likely made painfully obvious, even if he did what he did for the greater cause in the end, and he were well aware of it. Had accepted it, and what the perception of others would end up being.

As part of that, he had to face himself and in his eyes, whilst what he did were with purpose, he did not deserve apologies. If anything, he should likely be the one to tell others that he were sorry, though when he did, it tended to sound hollow and fake. It often were too, but that came with having to realign your moral compass to do what had to be done. It made him care less about how it hurt others, because if he did care, it would be impossible for him to do what he did.

Karmic were honestly a rather good example of somepony who would likely deserve a few apologies actually. Zhu had dragged her out of prison, dragged her towards Emerald because he wanted to keep an eye on the mare, and had in some ways, pushed Karmic to do what she saw fit to evade capture. Certainly, the mare were not without fault, but Zhu were certain that she would not have gotten to this point if he had never taken her along with him.

"We should be at our goal soon if we can keep up the speed. Tell me if it gets hard to do so."

Their goal were a little south of the old castle of two sisters, which were looming in the distance. There were some way to it, but it should be feasible for them to get there in time. If Karmic couldn't though, he have to use his wind magic to carry the mare. It shouldn't impede his speed, but he found that ponies - excluding pegasi - tended to not enjoy being in the air too much.

==================================================================================================================

@Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Cherish felt bad about how she were apparently scaring Aurora, but this were sadly the reacting some beings had to seeing ghosts. She didn't think she were scary herself, but she couldn't just change someponys view on it with a flash. She'd need time to talk with the being in question, and it were pretty obvious that they weren't going to have the time for that currently. Perhaps later, they could be so lucky as for that to happen.

"T-There's somepony in this room who can s-sense changelings. She said there were one n-near, and then you s-showed up. Just t-thought that maybe... Y-You know."

Hearing the princess and Serenade talk behind her, Cherish poked her head through the door again to better hear what were going on, and from the sound of things, it seemed like they needed to do a few things. including getting Serenade and Aurora to speak.

"I-I can hide princess. J-Just don't throw the piece of the o-old castle away, p-please."

She turned around and looked back out at Aurora after that part were settled.

"Somepony will c-come out and talk to you now. G-Goodbye."

With that, Cherish flickered and disappeared from sight. She were still there, but as a ghost, it wasn't an issue to turn invisible, and it were only a few, select beings that could see her like that. The princess were unlikely to be one of them, or she'd see dead ponies all over the place. The princess were a lot of things, but Cherish doubted that she were a shaman, or some kind of spirit guide.

====================================================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich  @Dji

"Princess Twilight is the princess of friendship. I'm sure there's somepony she were dealing with that needed that, and they just stubbed their hoof or something."

Last gave a stare towards Twilight that she hoped conveyed the *Act on this, and don't blow it* message she were trying to get across. Not the best thing to do to a princess, but Celestia had given them specific orders to keep this Celestia away from her, so it were an unfortunate necessity. What else was she going to? Tackle this Celestia and knock her out? That would be insane.

"As for the clock tower, it's done. The glass came in about a half hour ago. I gave the clock worker who sets it specific orders to wait for the time to be 16:00 before they start it, so it match up with every other clock in town. It should be between 3-7 minutes until that."

The clock had been an absolute nightmare to get right though. The glass had been destroyed, the engine keeping it going had been in five different pieces, spread all over town, and the tower itself had been rubble. Fixing everything up had been a priority for a select group of workers, and it had remained that way, even as the extra help came around. It were better that way, and they had managed to keep the time schedule she set, so things worked as planned.

===============================================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

So the stick weren't that much in control about his own containment it seemed? As if this trip were not going to be irritating enough now that they had to take use of the forest route...

Much as she disliked the idea, Vivid began to run to save some time - For about three seconds before she slowed down again, with a pained expression on her face.

Running fast had an unfortunate side effect in making her clothes scuttle around somewhat in the wind, which in turn made it so that she got some pretty solid experiences of feeling like she were falling into a frozen lake with every hit of said wind on her torso, neck, or upper parts of her legs. Vivid had at times been able to manage through that, but it were somewhat windy right now, so it weren't that easy.

How she hoped to one day soon meet this Princess Twilight, and hear if she had a way for the demon mare to not feel this chilling cold anymore...

In any case, they were at most a few minutes away from the castle by now. If she could just keep Charlie contained, they could make it there and get on with the process. Perhaps if she suppressed him a little, it would do something? It might also influence him poorly, but it wasn't as if she had many options at this point.

"Tell me if this makes things worse."

Still moving on, Vivid's horn glowed with a deep purple, and a string of veil magic came around the stick, and clamped down around it. It should help suppress things, or it might make Charlie feel trapped. Potentially cause him pain. Though if it were keeping him in control, it were debatable by her if a small amount of pain wasn't worth it.

@Seamore Sandwich

"Nice shot."

Brute had to give credit where credit were due: Hunter had made a really good shot, without much time for aiming. Good reaction time she'd say, and a quick overlook on everything going on to know how to make his shot count. She could respect somepony who knew what they were doing, without going on in long terms and boastful phrases, and who were willing to prove they could without just talking about it. They might end up getting along fine.

Marcus on the other hoof... Even if he were a good warrior like these beings seemed to claim, Brute didn't care much about his personality. It reminded her too much of somepony who just liked to talk, and more specifically, talk about themselves. Kind of similar to a show wrestler honestly. A lot of hype with a disappointing payoff, if you hadn't lost interest from the hyping up to begin with.

However, it seemed like she were going along, and he were in charge, so she'd have to try and get used to him. Such as now, when he asked her a question she weren't sure of herself, though she could guess what it meant.

"Sounds like somepony working with explosives. Can't say it wouldn't help having that around, in case we got stuck somewhere, or some creature became too annoying to deal with."

Throwing bombs on living creatures were an iffy topic, but Brute would go tentatively on the side of it being okay, if there weren't many other options. It shouldn't be the way to deal with things in general, though as the old saying goes *Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it*. Seemed to fit well in this situation.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Lucid took a look at everything Anomaly had made in this garden and also took in account the fact that she creates creatures. He looked at her with a mischievous grin.

"Hmm... you've seemed to have CREATED quite a few things. Made a garden, created some objects, and judging by that lizard... you even created life."

Lucid let out a chuckle.

"Some spirit of destruction you are!"

He continued with his mischievous grin, probably trying to get her ego to take over if she has one.

"But hey, bad things can happen, right? Or maybe you are scared of this silly poquus. Heck, I could even go into that head of yours and read your thoughts like a book, of course I won't even read your mind to check if you are scared since it's quite obvious."

Of course Lucid has nothing against Anomaly. The poquus was only playing around.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight
Added mentions

@Blitz Boom

"Gold statues and the box they're overlooking... definitely will avoid those. You hear that, Sen? The ones we're looking for are connected into a lard statue."

"I'm right here, sister. I'm sure you'll remind me again when we get there." Sen sarcastically replied, fully aware that he may be reckless but he's not an stupid and hard of hearing.

Right now, he'd need to be alert but Scarcity's instructions are clear as day and simple enough to follow. The journey and what creatures and locales they will encounter will pose the bigger challenge. Without further hesitation, the two left Scarcity's shop and headed outside the city limits. Sen, having some of the supplies on him at the moment, kept his pace and took in the familiar sights of the city fading further and further away in the horizon. Hopefully the day's travels will be smooth, and by nightfall, they will have made enough progress. Sen, however, is aware he will be the one to hold back the group. Lin didn't have the limitations he had, sleep being the most apparent.

Lin, had kept a mental image of a map in her mind back in Scarcity's shop, though she was in Canterlot long enough to know to make a quick detour to grab an actual map from a stand outside a visitor center. A place for tourists to get acquainted with the city layout but there was a rack with a map of larger Equestria proper, a good reference for future travels. The hybrid made sure to grab two extra copies for good measure. 

It was a fair bit away on the trail to Salty Breeze when Lin walked up beside Rosa and asked, "have you heard of the swamp Scarcity mentioned? Know anything about it? I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm fairly worried about that place."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

Fluttershy's overjoyed at the newest member of the household and could make the necessary accommodations when needed. She left the dracolisk to mingle with Pringle though Angel seemed to get the share the responsibility of helping the lizard integrate with the other animals. It wasn't going to be easy with plenty of the critters likely unable to go back into the house without Harry escorting them around, or probably sleeping anywhere near him just to feel safe. The pegasus thought about that possibility and worried for them all the same.

"Hey, Anomaly, does the dracolisk eat small animals like mice? I've got a lot of them living under my roof and they probably might look like a tasty snake to the dracolisk. I'm concerned about how they might want to move away that poses a problem for them.

@Blitz Boom

Sapphire looked at the general, nodding. "I will be sure to keep track of him." She walked down the tunnels soon after, finding the cave in. Sapphire teleporting past the rocks and debris, Astral following her after. "I wish I could see where Void was with magic, but her curse keeps me from doing that." She said to herself as she kept walking.

"Curse?" Astral stepped in front of Sapphire. "I thought they were born with it."

"You can be born with a curse, But I can only assume it is one. Considering the consequences of cancelling out magic." She maneuvered around Astral, continuing the search for Void in the tunnels "Only problem is, if it was a curse, they would've found a solution for it by now. There usually is after all."

=========================================

@Blitz Boom

"Possibly, Although if I had missed advances then my knowledge might be outdated." He chuckled to himself, the idea of helping them was more intriguing than he thought. But if he was behind on the times, then the spells he created could've been known. "Although from what I can tell, earth pony magic hasn't been made use of, since I know only six ponies who use it."

=========================================

@Blitz Boom

Watching Chow lift the book wasn't as impressive as, anything really. But Iron Star nodded as Chow lifted it, but then adopted a wincing expression when it started bouncing up and down. "Do you own that thing just for this purpose?" Misty asked.

"I just practiced levitation on it, but since I barely read it now, yes." He pointed at her. "You might have more trouble, but practicing this at a young age usually helps."

"That applies to most things though."

He chuckled. "True, but magic relies on that more so, it's like learning a language. It's easier when your brain is still developing." He said, pointing to his own head. "But it's slower when you get older."

(edited)

@Blitz Boom 

Yes, such skills could be quite useful,” Marcus replied to the Earth Pony.  Already ideas were swirling around in his head about the uses of well applied explosions, and if the craft had evolved from the mediocre displays he had seen in the time before The Forgotten One had taken him, it could be a great tactical advantage to have an expert in such things with them.  “What do we call you?”  “Name’s O’Powder sir, but you can call me Keg,” the Earth Pony responded, raising his hat off of his head slightly as a polite gesture while introducing himself.  Under his hat, he might not have much hair, but he still had his manners.  “Welcome to our team Sir Keg.  It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance,” Marcus said, guessing that such mannerisms and skills would indicate that he may be of the upper class.  “Does anyone else have any particular skill sets we’ve yet to add to our team?” Marcus says, now addressing the room again.  Then, turning his head slightly to look toward Hunter and Brute Force, he adds, “Any suggestions are welcome, since I am unfamiliar with this modern world.”

@Blitz Boom

“I dunno, I think she is supposed to part of the sword. In that old picture of my ancestor, Jennifer looked like it did now, and there used to be this little indent, before the gem sorta slotted itself in.” The young Earth Pony described, Looking at a couple of large ponies with building supplies walk down the alley. 

Gee, of course I need help. It’s not like every pony who tranfers their spirit into an object is dead, now ain’t it?” Thought Jennifer, in a sarcastic tone, before going silent and resuming it’s former dim glow.

”I think that was sarcasm. Say, is there a library in this town? I think we could learn about how Jennifer came to be and who my ancestor is. There weren’t any writings about him at my old village.” He said before sheathing his sword.

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk couldn't help but smile as the little filly did just as she had just spoken of and went to work finding something to draw on her brother with.  Even though Dusk himself was the youngest in his family, he was too close in age to his sister for antics like this to happen.  Maybe it wasn't an age thing though, perhaps him and his sister were just weird for siblings in their own way.  Now that he thought about it, their pranks were probably rather tame.  Setting Dawn and him had a great brother sister relationship growing up, and while they weren't as close as they once were, they were still brother and sister.  It would be interesting to see what kind of relationship the Boom siblings would have had if they were much closer and age.  Yesh, all this thinking about siblings made his mind drift for a moment, wondering what his sister was up to.  Meh, probably not that hard.  Twenty to one odds she was out charming somepony.

Oh well.  Leaving the filly to go about her work turning her brother into a piece of artwork.  In the eye of the right beholder of course.  Rising Dusk walked around to take a closer look at the machine Molotov was building, glancing over the blue prints, that were indeed still gibberish to him.  The drawings were by far more helpful.  He did notice something rather interesting about this invention though.

"Your brother have an interest in insects?"

The stallion inquired.  Noticing a bit of a theme in his inventions taking on bug like appearances.  Yeah sure, spiders weren't insects per say, but it was close enough to hit to correct ball pack.  He'd have to ask more about what it was suppose to do or be though.  Feeling Blitz had pretty well drawn over all of Molotov, he decided it was time to wake him.  That was before a chill ran down his spine.  He was being watched again.  The mystery was bugging him though. 

Raising a hoof, he pointed at the darkness.

"You.  Show yourself."

Rising Dusk addressed the darkness.  Yeah, probably not the best move, but he was tired to being secretly watched.

@Blitz Boomar

Applejacks head was spinning " Soo...you two...Interesting ponies" AJ had trouble finding her words  "are going to help cure my trees because you were sent her by your boss who follows orders from a dragon the flying over ponyville right now!?!?" AJs hearts started to race.

@Pr0m4NV14

"A spirit without body is dead. We have a vessel, but it doesn't mean we are alive. Just like you."

The skull were more or less just a holding facility for Legion. It didn't keep them forced there like some necromantic trinkets tended to do, but it were a comforting place for the spirits until they were ready to move on, so it was rare that one of them even attempted to leave in the first place.

"We wanted to help, but if you don't need us, we won't interfere. Enjoy your lonely cell, Jennifer."

Legion's eyes dimmed after that. They had spoken enough for now, and needed to have a little internal dialogue over things before they wanted to come back again.

"Alright, that could've gone better. But hey, we learned a few things, and they didn't begin fighting at least, so let's look at the positives.

Anyway, library, yes. The library is in the castle far as I know, though shouldn't we go to the hospital first? Keep your priorities, dummy."

Sorrow playfully poked Mike on the head as she said that, with her tongue slightly poking out of her smiling muzzle, before turning to look at the hospital. Not too far off really, though of course, would've been faster if Mike could fly. Not by much though.

==============================================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

"Never go into battle without a medic."

"Many are we, who can save a life here. Certainly there is one who would follow us."

Sugar had stayed silent for a while whilst the others had kept on with their talks, showing off, and gathering of the party, but now seemed like a fine time for him to interfere, and try to ease the buff unicorns mind. After all, so many of them in this place could draw upon the powers left behind by Marcus before he vanished, to both shield and mend simple wounds. Some were even better, having been actual medics in a variety of places out in the world before they got recruited to their order. They simply needed for one to raise their voice and offer their words.

"The order saving life? What a lackluster interpretation."

There were likely several eyes directed towards the one badmouthing the order, but none more than Sugar, who would stare over at the mare who had just wandered through the main opening of the room.

"B-Belladonna?"

It had been what, five years since they had last seen one another at this point? And by the heavens, she had changed.

Back then, his big sister had been a ruffled looking thing with narrowed eyes plastered to a book - her glasses never did do all that much back then - and a scowl from the disapproving looks her digging into the ramifications of the orders actions caused. And that was before the elders had regrettably taken her to a solitary part of the temple, to try and educate her, and steer her away from her heathen thoughts.

Now though, Belladonna looked like life had treated her well. She were in good shape, dressed with some standard to it, and even wore a thick monocle that likely did her eyes good. It at least looked like she saw well now through those analytical eyes that always seemed to scan over everypony. That part had never changed, even if she had.

Somepony else were with her too, that Sugar didn't know. A strange-looking mare with varied colors of grey and black spotted all over her coat, three tones mane and tails that seemed to sway ever so slightly constantly, and curious, pale eyes. She looked harmless, though her inclusion to what were already a strange meeting were confusing.

"You've grown paler, brother. I find myself disappointed, but not surprised."

"Please, not here. This is a glorious event, not a place to spread doubts about our goals."

"I have only informed you of the hard truth you refuse to face. That everypony fails to listen is not on me.

But I am not here to enlighten you. Not this time anyway. I'm looking for information about an interloper that would have infiltrated this dismal place several years ago. What your little gathering is about is of little concern to me."

Sugar felt a blush on his cheeks, and embarrassment over what he heard. Even after all this time, Belladonna still didn't come back to embrace t heir beliefs, but just to spread doubt. He had far too much of that as it were, and her presence were not helping on keeping those thoughts away.

"Great hero, I beg forgiveness for my sister. She knows not what she is talking about."

"Incorrect, I know exactly what I am talking about, but find myself trying to talk to the deaf. Considering what you called this one though, I wonder if he's willing to listen. About what the elders did to his apparent legacy, that this charade is build around. That is, if he doesn't already know what have happened in his absence, but thought it acceptable?"

Belladonna were a logical pony, that didn't openly attempt to offend others, though this place were a sore spot, and even though her voice remained calm and even, the words she chose were not exactly showing her as looking upon this place favorably.

As for Omen, who had brought them into an adjourning room a few minutes before - the reason Belladonna had been let in to begin with, as the guards would likely not be thrilled by her presence if she had approached them - she just looked at everything happening and wondered how it would go. Seemed like a lot of things had gone on between Belladonna and the others in this room, and she wasn't sure if it was good or bad. She lacked information to be sure of that.

===================================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"Big bro says spiders are easier to make move, and get to work right. Something about things like dogs and fish being extremely hard or something. He can tell you more when he wakes up. And had a shower, hehe."

Blitz happily carried on *assaulting* the sleeping engineer, whilst something began to stir from the ceiling. At first, nothing much happened, but then suddenly, something stumbled down and hit the floor with a semi-loud wham. The sign from yesterday, bitten in pieces so there were only one word left on it.

"Interloper."

Something else would follow soon after, though this were no mere piece of wood. It was a complex collection of gears, wires, steel, electricity and Celestia knew what else, gathered together in a partly see-through exterior. No sound were made as the thing descended. Not even a small clack, like you something heard with Carmen. Just silence, and the methodical pace of the things descend, before it finally cut off the line of web that came from it's bulbous end, and landed on the floor with a soft clink.

steam_powered_mechanical_spider_by_stkz6

(Found it on Google. I claim no ownership or credit for the incredible work)

Felicia were not something small like Carmen, that were for sure. Her body were as large as a full grown stallions torso, and then came the legs and abdomen. To put it in simple terms, there would be room for both Dusky and Blitz on her back if she allowed them too, and if somepony felt okay laying on their stomach and holding on, another spot on her abdomen.

She had fangs in front of her face, but seemingly no mouth, and it were uncertain if said fangs were sharp or just to hang on to things. Judging by the sign, it were likely she could only grab and not pierce, as it seemed like it could be done by pulling things apart and breaking it by bending, rather than actual bites.

Whatever metal and potential plastic she were made from, it appeared to be a light variety, as not more sound had been made, and her moving did not leave deep marks in the floor. It could simply be from the floor being solid though, so it were not good to assume she were too light weight, especially as she had been designed to protect this place.

Something of note too, were the thick bundle of wires that were attached to the upper part of her abdomen, and connected to something in the ceiling. The thing keeping her in this place no doubt, and one f the things that irked her about Molotov. Keeping her chained like this made her resentful, though at least she did not meet the two currently awake ponies with hostility. She simply had the lights that made up her eight eyes focused on Dusky, and rose herself slightly whilst letting out a louder version of the sounds that tended to come out of Carmen. After that, she stood mostly still, and waited for what Dusky would do. Attack were likely not the smartest idea though, if that were his idea.

The little spider were likely going to seem much cuter after this encounter. At least Carmen were fuzzy and could fit on your head. This one had not a hair on her, and looked as if she could crush a head, depending on the situation. Much like Carmen though, he should also be able to tell one more thing: Felicia had not a shred of magic on her. Potentially, she might even have the opposite, to make her more efficient at protecting against magical sources, though he'd either have to try using magic on her, or ask Molotov to be sure.

==========================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"I don't know much. Just the warnings that have been told about the place."

Rosa had remained silent for their trip after leaving the shop, saving his breath and focusing on a methodical, even breathing whilst they made their way.

Much to his surprise, the two siblings had actually turned out to be doing well on their trip so far, and hadn't run out of breath. They didn't move with great speed either, that was true, but he knew many a being who couldn't handle more than a few kilometers without rest, and he had expected that might end up being an issue.  Perhaps he should encourage them to run some of the way at a later point, to save them further time? Truth be, they could use all the time they could get.

"Stories goes that there's creatures hiding in the swamp, spreading fog through mystical brews, and attempting to obscure the way for travelers. They hide out in the trees and wait with lights held high and illusions to boot to steer anypony they can off the trail and towards them. Apparently, nearly nopony comes back, and the few who does, have gotten insane.

I can't say how much of it is true, and what's just folktales, but I consider it real enough when we get warned about it when training as spies, in case we're trying to take a shortcut. Whatever goes on in that place, you have to keep your mind focused, or you're not going to come out again. And most importantly, you can't split up. It's why I brought rope, so nopony's getting confused which ones are real and wanders off.

Don't know how illusions work for your kind though. Some creatures have a hard time getting fooled by those kinds of tricks, or at least aren't gullible enough to follow strange lights. Personally, I think we can make it through, unless you're susceptible to that kind of thing. I've learned a varied number of things throughout my career, where a few might help there. Not all of them were about causing damage."

Running into illusions you had to pass wasn't an uncommon thing in his profession. At least in his town it weren't, and they had been taught long and hard in how to detect, pass, and not be affected by that sort of thing. Some of it would still get to him - he weren't emotionally dead after all - but Rosa should be able to keep most of his composure, and not follow the mists off the road. if they decided to go there that were.

============================================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Hey, brainiacs! Mind picking up the one without magic?"

Tidal couldn't follow the conversation going on with the two witches. Not because it went by slowly or anything, she just had no real idea how it were with curses, being born with the stuff, or whatever was going on. her experience with cursed objects were to get hold of it the second it was found, then get it under secure transport to the specialty divisions. Preferably that guy in Manehattan she had heard a good deal about He sounded like he had control over things.

Of course, she might have said something about it regardless, if she had been able to hear it. Yet the two bozos had just teleported past the rocks, leaving the general to try and get past them by.. .Starring at them really meanly? What did they expect here? That she'd just turn into mist and get through the small cracks here and there? She were a pony, not a fictional character! Hay, she didn't even know if said witches could hear her yelling right now, or whatever they had just left her on purpose.

=============================================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"The practice were outlawed some time ago. I assume that uhm... Well, with all due respect, the way you use it is sort of... Not good, and I'm sure others kind of did something bad with it too. It would still be used otherwise, I'm sure of it."

Hogweed weren't certain what might have happened, but there were a chance that Warlock were directly part of why earth pony magic hadn't been allowed or wide-spread for generations. A good chance even, considering his uhm.. Imprisonment and overall willingness to hurt others. It seemed a little extreme to ban from only that, but she weren't there, so how could she know that there weren't many more factors than this? Emerald had apparently been a witch too, and she leeched on to other beings bodies. So far, not really a good representation of things.

@Lloyd

"So what you're saying is that you're slow in the hea-*clonk*"

The option of making a joke at what Iron had said had turned out to be too irresistible for Chow, who had directed some focus into a bit of sass towards the stallion. Go figure though, much like last time he hadn't been entirely focused on the book, this one flung across the room and battered into him. This one had some weight to it though, so he didn't just get slapped. No, he stumbled back from the impact and ended up scurrying over the floor for several feet.

"I might've broken something... But it was totally worth it."

Far be for Chow to be the sort to never anger, but he didn't see the point when it was his own idiocy that had caused this. Curious though. He had figured that since this book was heavier, it wouldn't be propelled like that, and currently press against his chest. What were he, some sort of magnet when he used magic? That would be juuuust great, really. Why be afraid of anything, when Sucky McLightningRod over here could just take the beating and get dusted off for the next use?

"Think you can tell me why this keeps happening? Is something wrong, or are my jokes just so bad that the books feel like I deserve a smacking?"

=========================================================================================================

@Lloyd

Alright, he were almost there then. Throne room, or as it were currently used for, central for the combined generals of Equestria. Well, if Tidal Wave were still there that were...

Captain hailstorm were not the biggest fan of Tidal Wave, or her ascension to general at all honestly. The way it should be done properly should be through selection of the strongest and wisest, that would lead the guard forward the best they could. Instead, the Coastal Guard had their whole *test of strength* yearly ritual instead to determine who got to lead them... Granted, it were only qualified officers that were allowed to compete, as they weren't completely stupid, but it could lead to ponies like Tidal Wave taking charge, and it often felt like she didn't think about her position with the reverence it should be taken.

The mare were always scruffy looking, uniform in disarray or destroyed, and that personality, urgh. Really not interesting.

But like with most other things, Hailstorm kept such thoughts to himself, and generally kept it professional. She were still a general, and as such, he had to respect that. At least publicly.

In any case, he'd gnash his teeth when he met her, and get it over with as he had done before. For now, he had reached the throne room, and knocked hard on the door three times. Now it was just to wait for the generals to say he could enter.

============================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

"Well, duh! I said I used to be the spirit of destruction. It was before I died. Now I'm a creator draconequus, and make all sorts of things. including life. It's much more fun, and ponies won't start to scream like little foals when they see you. They just get kind of weird. Aaaand I suppose, sometimes they scream, usually not a biggie. Well except for that Coast Guard... You know, i really should check up on her one of these days. She looked kinda weird when I last saw her."

Lucid could go through her nogging all he wanted to, but he wouldn't find fear. Anomaly wasn't generally speaking afraid of anything, besides silver and pure iron, she just didn't want to fight. Friendly banter with nerf bats or something was just fun, but real fighting? Nuhuh. That was a bad idea.

Anyway, she had a mare to talk to about some lizard things. Lucid were gonna have to wait, though he'd probably just make more silly trash talk. Kinda funny really.

"Nah, fish and bugs only. Easier to find without somepony getting offender over nature taking its course."

As a point, Anomaly summoned a small mouse (with horns) and dangled it in front of the dracolisk. He sniffed at it briefly, but didn't seem to have any sort of interest in the furry, squirming little thing, so he went back to try and socialize with Pringle instead.

"See? It's fine. Now off you go critter."

Honestly, Anomaly had considered eating the mouse, but she guessed doing so in front of the *all lives matter* pony wasn't gonna score her any brownie points, so she put it down on the ground and let the little thing run off. It'd be fun to see if horns would start to sprout around mice in the area now, or if it would be seen as a freak by the other mice, and left without heirs. Nature were fickle sometimes.

===============================================================================================================

@woodchunks66

The two ponies looked at eachother, and began to laugh.

"Awh man, that was funny.

We don't work for that dragon. The dragon's controlling some of the workers in town fixing up the place."

"We on the other hoof, are employed at a coffee shop that have been in Ponyville for quite a few years."

"Our bos, Single Straw, figured that with everything going on in town the last few days, the farm here might've not gotten that much attention, and since it was a slow day anyway, he said we should come around and help. We're still getting payed long as we help out, so I'm game for giving a hoof with whatever here."

"Alonsus shares the sentiment Berry said. If there is help that can be given, it would be abhorrent of us to simply leave you hanging with it on your own. The city needs you and this farm after all, so little are our reasons to not do what must be done."

These two really were a piece of work, but they meant well, and it wasn't like they were hostile. Just a little... Paranoid or full of themselves, depending on who you focused on. And if the trees really were in danger, getting help wouldn't be a bad idea. A good deal of Applejacks friends were busy after all, what with Rarity needing to sort torn clothes for ponies, Twilight meeting with the princesses, Rainbow Dash directing the pegasi in town to help with the town repairs, Pinkie Pie entertaining the ponies at the tent camps who were feeling down from not being back in their homes yet, and Fluttershy... Well, Applejack wouldn't know that she hung out with a draconequus and other weird things, but with all the unrest she might be busy with the animals regardless.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

Well, he tried at least. It was pretty obvious that Lucid was a bit too competetive for his own good.

"Oh well, it was worth a shot. So, were there any other spirits besides Destruction? Maybe death? Are all of you the spirit of something? Oh! Can I be the spirit of scented candles?"

The poquus looked over to Discord.

"So when you popped into existence, did you show up as a baby or did you show up fully grown? Or did you show up as one of those squeaky kids who make crazy insults on some of the multiplayer games I play?"

@Blitz Boom @Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta

Discord shrugged, watching soap bubbles shaped like turtles swim around, eating other soap bubbles shaped like sharks in some bizarre backwards soap food-chain. "I was brought into existence as a formless consciousness formed by the chaos before existence. I had an awareness, yes, but only a basic one. Over time I gained proper intelligence and, due to my very nature, my propensity for creating chaos in the new world that appeared shortly after.. Later, more draconequus were formed or born in their own ways. Some of the early ones formed from ideas, concepts, or elements - Of the wilder variety of course; such as wind, fire, destruction, nature, the ocean, Draconequu rarely form around things that could represent a form of Order -. Some were even born like ponies or hatched like dragons or gryphons." He chuckled slightly, "If I'm not mistaken, Anomaly was formed from the forest fire that overtook the largest of the Wilde Woods, during a large gathering of the Fae races. It would certainly explain her fairy nature and her affinity for wildlife, both flora and fauna, not to menton the... well.. " Discord rolled a paw as he looking for the best way to phrase it, "Latent destructive urges? or at least currently dormant. Mostly." The chaos spirit shrugged again, "Then again, perhaps I'm thinking of someone else entirely."

(edited)

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom

Discord's explanation was interesting. His species was something different than most.

"So, that explains how Novia spawned the way she did. Oddly enough, she is rather tame. So I know that they can appear in different universes."

On that subject, Lucid remembered something.

"Speaking of different universes, I did some searching and could not find any alternate version of myself. I even checked the human world that has alternate versions of ponies and there was not another me! How does that even work?"

Lucid has been confused by this for a while. How could there not be another version of himself in other universes or even other multiverses?

"There could be many reasons, not all alternate universes have another version of you. There are infinite possibilities in the multiverse, infinite opportunities for alternate versions of you and just as many chances for you to not exist in a given universe." Discord shrugged, conjuring a rainbow trout (Literally a trout made of liquid rainbow, not the usual species) to chase down and eat all the critters of the now-thriving bubble ecosystem, like a multi-chromatic glowing fish of the bubblepocalypse.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom 

I know not what you speak of.  Please, tell me what troubles you, that I may resolve this.  You may speak freely here.”  Marcus sounded sincere, and also concerned about what was going wrong with his devoted followers.  Belladonna’s words were not to be taken lightly.  He would listen to what she had to say and would prepare a response quickly.  If what she had to say revealed any deplorable acts, then everyone there would have to see that such actions would not be tolerated.  Whatever the case may be, action would come swiftly.

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

Fluttershy was satisfied, enough at least until she can properly get the dracolisk integrated into her home. It will be difficult but Anomaly's demonstration will suffice. There are plenty of fish swimming by the pond by her cottage but there is a shallow river in the Everfree Forest where she goes to gather some fish with Harry whenever their supply runs low. Insects are plenty but the more docile ones tend to steer clear of the pegasus' place. Only the more bothersome botflies ever stray close and those are plenty in number. Insect buffet for the dracolisk! Even Angel was delighted to hear about it, though he didn't make his change in emotion known. Now his job will be a little easier.
===========================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

Admittedly, the prospect of learning about the swamp itself had Lin more worried than curious. Even if they all had some measures to counter the effects of whatever lived in that swamp, Lin is more likely to suggest bypassing the area and make good time by sacrificing some energy for travel time. She could undoubtedly do it, but Sen might not agree and would rather move through the swamp to make good time. However, Sen liked the sound of it, at least because of the rope. If the mind games might lead them astray, there was one way to make sure nobody gets separated. Even so, Lin would begrudgingly accept if everyone is confident enough to go through that place.

"Illusions might work on us the same way they do for you, I guess," Lin replied. "Though if their method involves some form of mind manipulation, then Sen and I will be liabilities. We're both very susceptible to those even if we've tried to resist. I suppose if we can avoid following strange lights, maybe we can take that risk."

It was approaching midday and the sound of Sen's stomach grumbling elicited some uncomfortable grunts from the longma. Lin took notice of this and waved Rosa to slow down for a moment. Sen had some of his preserved greens and fruits and passed some along to Lin who chomped down on a few before offering some to Rosa.

"You want some? It's boysenberry, black lotus seeds, and dried embrium leaves. It comes off a little sour first until the berry's intense, tangy and sweet taste overwhelms the embrium." 

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd

KARMIC FATE

Karmic panted as she tried to keep up the pace Zhu had set for them. He was slowly putting between the both of them and cried out when she tripped over a root. Her head thunked against the ground. She groaned and looked at her back legs, only to find that no root was there. A soft cackle reverberated through her skull and she shook her head to clear it. "I'll deal with it later," she muttered to herself and stood up before realising that Zhu was too far ahead to see him. "Um ... Zhu!?"

@Blitz Boom, @Moonlit, @Seamore Sandwich

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora could only nod at the ghost but when she went back into the room, Aurora creeped up to the door once more and tried to listen in by placing her ear next to the keyhole.

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk was probably getting into more than he was asking for.  He'd never seen or had a good grasp on Felicia, only what Molotov has told him about her.  It was better to get this over with as quickly as possible... He hoped.  The thud of the sign from yesterday made him lower his hoof back to the floor and his attention drawn to now more messy displayed that had been shaped into a single word now.  All the more unsettling by the fact the rest of the sign looked like it was bitten off.  Oh boy.

Sure enough though, the detective got what he asked for.  Moving his attention from the sign to sight before him with wide eyes.  She was big, very big, and a spider, a biiiig spider.  Spiders didn't really creep him out like they did his mother and sister, great fodder to remove his sister from the room if she was bothering him.  While not the most artistically included, the mechanical make up of Felicia could actually be considered quite beautiful.  Molotov must have worked really hard on her casing, or shell, whatever a pony as suppose to call it.  Minus this bundle of wire that connected her abdomen to the ceiling.  Another leash of sorts?  Molotov seemed to have a bit of an obsession for leashes.  Dusk supposed it made a little bit of sense though, considering she seemed to fill the role of guard dog for the workshop fortress.

Okay okay, he didn't entirely think this through.  There was no plan for what to do if the monster in the attic actually came out.  After Felicia made that mechanical chittering that Carmen did, if a bit louder to account for size, the two now just stared at each other.  Alright, time to try and ease the tension here.  His gaze shot between Felicia and the bitten sign laying on the floor.  Taking a deep breath, he relaxed.

"So... I'm Detective Rising Dusk.  Or Dusk.  Or Dusky as the Boom siblings call me.  Interloper is kinda harsh, I'm more a friendly guest."

He referred to the sign, trying a more friendly approach to an introduction.  Considering he knew she had already advanced far beyond her own creators dreams and authority, he decided treating her as a more intelligent being was the best idea.

@Seamore Sandwich

Quite a lot of eyes were on Belladonna even before Marcus allowed her to speak. Few of them were doing so favorably, as the mare had been quite vocal about how suicidal everypony were for nothing, until she finally escaped her isolation and ran away one day. Few beyond Sugar had spared her a thought since then, but now that she had returned, and had been allowed by Marcus to tell him what she had told so many others in the past, the ones who remembered her had a hard time not keeping focus on her.

"Once you acquire Squire status, you are presented with a trinket, that will allow the wearer to cast a small array of protection spells and in some cases, provide minor healing. The varied strength of these through the generations are currently impossible to determine fully, but it does appear they are worse in construction than a few generations ago. Those who earn them, will wear and use them until they eventually die, at which point the trinket will be reforged and given to a new wearer. In rare situations, mostly when a body retrieval is too difficult or time consuming, they are left with it after passing.

In the current form, the trinkets being given to the squires takes of their life energy for spell fuel, and distributes it between the spell being used, and to the conservation of your equipment. You begin to see the loss in life force by the increased paleness of the affected pony's coat, mane and tail, followed by whitening of the eyes. Once it have reached the eyes, the expected life expectancy is reduced to 2 weeks. If you gain a trinket and use it as normal, the time it takes from acquisition to death is 15-20 years. For those who grows up in this place, and are introduced at an earlier age, recorded evidence suggest nopony have lived to be older than 29,6 years old, though the average age is 25,4 years.

Once death occurs, the last burst of life gets directly transferred to your equipment, maintaining it whilst the process continues for anypony who earns their squire status. A process that often leaves foals born in this place without their parents, and subjugated to further indoctrination to believe that giving your life in this way is an acceptable outcome.

Questioning the validity of this process will get you marked as a heretic, and your punishments for that can range in severity, ranging from a warning to isolation and reeducation. I can attest to this, as I questioned the illogical process of this, and went through the attempts to change my opinion.

Before you, or any of them start to request proof, I believe it is quite simple to see on its own. If you look at ponies such as my brother, who have gained his trinket quite a while ago, you will notice the pigmentation spread to varying degrees, and you can ask who you wish to tell you how long those they know or have heard of that uses the trinkets have survived. I would advise you to look at records too, but records of anything that goes against the current incarnation of the scriptures, and known to vanish, or catch fire. If given time, I can procure the few scraps I managed to recover, though if you truly are who it appears, then you should be able to tell a clear difference between the current scriptures and what you proclaimed it should be on your own, if you acquire a copy from any current resident. The ones I have found already shows a clear change in what we are supposed to do and believe in , and those only cover the last 4 generations.

I have presented my case then. I once more refer you to see through the scriptures, and look at the ponies around you, and inform me how - with the variety in color Equestrian ponies hold - so many within the orders have pale patches, without it being deliberately induced by means of the trinkets, which are the only thing they have in common.

I will leave you with a question more though: If there is no energy taken, how do you believe your items have been maintained for all these years? It is illogical to assume that simply stashing it in a box would prevent rot, rust, and dullness of sharp edges. To keep the objects in perfect health, is only feasible through magical means. In this case, sacrificial magic."

The last few words were a harsh one, but it were the truth as far as evidence went. The only way to transfer life energy into pure energy like that, would be through the most forbidden of all magic in Equestria, though of course, the elders when she were around didn't wish to hear that. If it were the same that still kept in control now, she doubted they had changed their minds, but she assumed they were currently fuming if they could hear her. They never did appreciate facts, or the pursuit of answers.

As for Sugar, he didn't say anything, as he wished to hear what Marcus would say about this, but the words Belladonna had said were starting to stir his doubts again. She had presented him with these evidence before, and begged him to crush that trinket around his neck on the bricks, before it would be too late. Yet he kept loyal to their calling. Or... What he believed to be their calling anyway.

It didn't mean that it didn't hurt to think of how right she had been in at least some of the things she said. He couldn't deny that everypony who had the trinkets died at an early age, such as their parents had. And their parents before that, all of their friends parents and... Well, the list went on and on.

Still they had been told it was for a good cause, and not just to maintain a set of armor. He were starting to doubt things in recent years, especially after he had gotten foals of his own, but not enough to wander away from the order,, or spout his thoughts to others, like his sister had done.

What Marcus would say to this, would end up shedding clarity on whatever it was just or not. Questions would still remain after that, but for he time being, Sugar held his breath and awaited Marcus's response with anticipation.

@EQ_Theta

"There's not a big leap from illusions to messing with your minds. If you're not certain you can handle your sanity in there, we're going around."

That was the only thing Rosa said until Sen's grumbling tummy finally had to get them to slow down and have a pause. Whilst him and Lin relaxed though, Rosa took the chance to fly up and get a good overlook of the area they were in, how far they had come, and if they were still going to right way. So far it seemed okay, ad they had kept a fine speed, yet if they were planning to go around the swamp, it would require more running eventually. Their time were limited after all.

After he landed, Rosa were offered some food by the longma siblings. An action he first met with simply starring at the offered food for a few seconds.

It was a strange situation for him. Back where he grew up, you had to earn everything you got, and nothing were just handed to you for free. There would always be a price to pay, or a favor to trade for even the smallest sustenance like this. After he had defected and sought asylum with king Thorax, it hadn't been much different. The changelings didn't eat what he did generally, so he had to handle getting food himself, along with bedding, a roof over his head, and so on. Trying to live with them were... Challenging at times, but it were the safest option he had these days, and Thorax knew the value to the talks between his people and the princesses it brought when he could present stolen data from a former spy. Equestria had taken some interest in who were dealing this information, but Rosa had been clear that he wouldn't reveal himself until he had been told they could strike a deal.

It were unlikely he'd get out scotch free, but he'd accept a punishment. Just not the rest of his life behind bars.

To return to the offered food, Rosa would slowly nod, and take one of the veggies they had presented him with.

"Thank you."

Equestria were sometimes a little hard to get used to for him, when it came to kindness like this. He still expected everypony to have their own agenda, or favor they needed done in exchange for something, which were why he always paid for his own stuff. No favors needed then, as he had already given to receive at that point. Offered things like this however, he couldn't just get past it like that, so he tended to weigh in on how much he actually needed something before accepting something like that.

Sen and Lin had so far seemed friendly though, so he'd try to trust them, although he did still owe them a great favor, for the help they were providing in bringing down his mother. Doing something like this for a stranger that didn't even show his own face most of the time were a huge investment and risk, and one he hoped he could repay at some point.

These thoughts ran through his head as he loosened his mask enough to get his muzzle free and slowly gnaw through the combination of fruits. It were pretty much like Lin had said, but the taste still surprised him. To think that something as simple as this had so many flavor layers were rather impressive, and they mingled well too. Perhaps he wouldn't be amiss learning about these at some point, so he could recreate them himself. Rosa's cooking skills were fine enough for wilderness food - usually root stews when he felt he could build a fire safely - but it were limited, an d his rationing uninspired. Some variation would be good at times.

"Interesting taste. Is this a local dish where you're from?"

==========================================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Felicia starred at Dusky as he spoke, but didn't respond anything of her own. What would the point being, when he couldn't understand her? She'd need somepony who could for that.

She turned her back on him, thinking that he seemed smart enough to not do something stupid, like attempting to stab her in the back, and went closer to Molotov. Seeing Felicia getting this close made Blitz fall backwards in surprise, and roll down on the floor, essentially unharmed. A few bruises here and there tended to mean little for the Boom siblings, and didn't faze them in the least. Molotov however, would get fazed when Felicia were close enough and let out a loud, screeching sound, like a banshee screaming through a microphone.

The stallion couldn't sleep through this, and woke up with big eyes, fumbling backwards and half-shouting about *sounding the alarm* *protect lab 05* and *activate (incoherent word)* until he hit the floor and grimaced.

"Darn it Blitz, how'd you get into my dra-"

He stopped talking once his eyes focused enough to see that Felicia were looming above him. Not dangling from the ceiling like usual, but actually walking on the floor. He hadn't seen this since he first activated her.

"Why're you screaming me awake? Did you catch somepony?"

The mechanical spider moved back, and clacked to him about getting up. Molotov didn't even notice that he were covered in charcoal doodles when he did so, surprised at seeing this. Things started to fall a little more into place when he saw who else were here though.

"Hey, morning officer. Or noon? I don't know. Hey anyway. Did you manage to get her down from the ceiling or something?"

Felicia *talked* again, and poked Molotov on the side with one of her sharp legs.

"Translate? You want to speak with him?"

The spider *talked some more, though Molotov had to stop her after about ten seconds with a raised hoof and a shaking of his head.

"Slow down, jeez. I think the gist of it is that she wants to talk to you, Dusky, and say... I think she's saying that I'll be sorry otherwise? The language I programmed into her and Carmen were pretty basic, and more to do with small phrases like *friend*, *foe* and *screwdriver*. I think she might've worked on it to add more words and actual sentences. I'll try and translate, but you're both gonna have to bear with me a little here."

Molotov knew that this were a disturbing development, and that he shouldn't have a smile on his face from this sort of thing, but he just couldn't help it. Felicia had evolved in ways he hadn't thought her hardware or software could support, and every day it seemed like he were learning a little piece of that. First that she could write in equine, and now evolving a fairly simplistic, made up language like this? He felt as giddy as a foal.

Felicia returned her gaze to Dusky and started to *talk* again. Slowly, so that the meat-bag next to her could follow what was going on.

"*Hello interloper. I am Felicia, warden of this prison.* I think interloper is easier than a actual name in her... Well, tongue is a bad expression in this case, but- Ouch!"

Molotov were starting to ramble on, which earned him a slap from one of Felicia's legs. Didn't seem like much, but the stallion certainly felt the warning bash

."Rude, but fine fine, I'll keep it on track. *You seem clever, interloper. More than my creator.*"

Molotov were just given a screech this time, not a bash, and he gritted his teeth.

"Moan all you want, I'm not calling myself what I think you wanted me to. Don't make me shut you down."

And here came another learning experience, and apparently, Felicia could laugh at him. It sounded like it at least, in a *whir going up and down in volume* kind of way.

"Yeah yeah, keep feeling safe, smartypants. Anyway, it seems like she finds you interesting Dusky, so keep talking to her, and you might get along with her in a way. Unless she starts getting testy, and I'll have to disconnect her for a while."

And there was that unsettling laughter again. What was so funny to Felicia? Did she think getting shut down was interesting or something? Granted it could be, but how would he know? He wasn't a robot.

...Currently.

@Lloyd @Dji

It took a little, but Zhu would jump back soon enough and direct his hooded face towards karmic. It would be annoying him somewhat at this point to not be able to look at her, if it wasn't because he still had his hearing and the option of tasting the air to get an idea of what went around him. As he did when he came to a halt, and slithered his forked tongue out briefly.

"Are you injured, or can you still run? I have few healing discs left, but I can spare one if needed."

In truth, he had two left. Not a whole lot, though it were unlikely to matter for that much longer. If he were caught again, it were unlikely that they'd let him keep this, or any item on him for that matter. It were likely they would even take his robes, in case they might somehow be enchanted, though they'd see. Long as Zhu could be granted a piece of cloth to wrap around his eyes he should be fine enough.

=================================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

"Wait, That's how I got made? Sweet!"

Anomaly jumped with joy, and snapped her tail to add a half dozen weird trees to the garden. It seemed like a willow tree, but the leaves were pink, the branches and leaves hung upwards instead of downwards, and it seemed like several random fruits were starting to grow around the thick crown. None of them completely recognizable, so it were left to testing which ones were safe to eat, if any of them.

"I sorta figured we all just got made by accident. Like, by Discord sneezing or something. A giant forest fire with faeries? Way cooler.

Hehe, guess that explains why I make things now. Forest fire is destruction, but the forest gets reborn and create life. I do too! Oh man, I gotta tell Zhu about this when I have the chance. He'll get a kick out of it."

Okay, he were more likely to just stay a big grumpy grump, but it might interest him at least. That sorta counted.

"Kinda still wonder why I was killed, buuuut I sorta think it could be because of the whole *destruction* thing. You know, draconequui like to play, but not much to play with if the whole world gets destroyed. It'd be all dead and no fun. I wonder if I tried to extinct all life..."

Anomaly looked up into the sky, contemplative, though she were really just following the bubble-based life Discord had added to her garden. Perhaps she should add something too? Ooooh, but they were already so pretty and had a tiny little ecosystem going. Perhaps they'd need some bubble octopi? Only one way to find out.

Her tail snapped, and a bubbly octopus around the size of her eyes began to swim around. It would get to a point further on, then start to blow an array of smaller bubbles out that it'd cling to then, and try to defend. *eggs* if you would, though they'd see if it it were all eaten up first. It was a fun little ecosystem.

"Meh, what's done is done. I wanna talk about a draconequui of death now. How would one of those look, or even be? Isn't it like, you can't kill death or whatever the expression is? Wouldn't that mean whoever would be around, all spooky like? Hehe, like a giant, humanoid bat thingie. With glowing claws and everything, to be all *soul-reaper* like."

Anomaly made a few screeching sounds and pretended to scratch at random things around them, unaware that what she had described wasn't just a joke. However, the only one who'd know that were Discord, and there hadn't been much recognition between the enormous bat and Discord at the time. Long memories had some holes in it it would seem, but it mattered little.

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Pringle looked up at the fruits and started to climb up the tree. The lizard didn't get too far before Lucid got him.

"Pringle, what did I tell you about trying to eat unidentified fruit?"

Pringle stared at the poquus.

"No, you can't test it, you'll probably burst into flames or something! Now go play with the dracolisk or something!"

Pringle went back to the other lizard.

"I'm all for weird things, but aren't you even slightly worried about some kid going into the garden, eating one of those things, and dying an extremely weird and chaotic death?"

Lucid made an assumption that would be the results considering that Anomaly makes weird things.

@Blitz Boom 

The two of them looked back, partway through the sentence spoken by Tidal, she found herself teleported through the rubble. "Sorry about that. Didn't realize you were going to follow us." Astral chuckled to herself, Sapphire looking at her, rolling her eyes and continuing to walk.

"Pretty sure this is the only way out, so she'd need to follow us anyway. Right?" Astral asked, looking back to the general.

=============================================

@Blitz Boom

Warlock looked down at the floor as she spoke. "Right, nothing to change that now."  He looked back up to her. "Although from what I hear from you, there might be a desire to. especially if I was to be free. Wouldn't want to lock me up just because of the type of magic I use, unless I do a crime, of course."

=============================================

@Blitz Boom

Iron only tilted his head at the question, spending an uncomfortable amount of time thinking about it. "I have no idea, it's a first for me." For Iron Star, saying that would be a big deal, levitation was always tricky, but the objects never moved towards the pony. "And, If you do turn out to be a magic magnet, it explains all the events around you." He casually mentioned, having read Chow's mind yet again. "There's also only a single book in Equestria that is sentient, and he's very annoying."

(edited)

Discord shrugged, "Actually those formed around death can look like just about anything, and they're surprisingly nice for their given aspect." He stroked his beard, "They aren't so much about causing death - after all, what would be the fun in that? - as creating and maintaining (Occasionally pranking) a place for those who have lived their lives." The draconequuis unzipped the fabric between dimensions enough for a peek, "Most all of them worked together to create a parallel world to live in and enjoy, helping souls enjoy their afterlives and playing the occasional prank on the living." The spirit of chaos chuckled as he zipped the dimension back up, "In fact, they are so close to our world that they can occasionally affect it for some good fun. Haunted houses? Whispers on the wind?  Shadows cast from nothing? Some of the favorite pranks of those draconequui." Discord grabbed the rainbow trout suddenly, eating it before it could cause any permanent harm to the bubble ecosystem.

Edited by Storm Shine