Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

The new creature Lucid made looked like the perfect gift for Novia.

"I should tell you, Novia isn't my quu-friend... yet."

The new animal thing looked up at Anomaly when she offered it food. It was obviously hungry.

"Should we call him a Blizwolf? How does that sound?"

He looked over to Fluttershy.

"Do you think Blizwolf would be a good name for this hybrid?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom @Dji

Everything snapped for her, Sapphire realized the one problem with that question. Groaning to herself as she rubbed a hoof into her face. "Hold onto me, there's no time." She turned to Astral, who grabbed onto her, and if the general had as well, a swirl of fire would surround them, while inside they wouldn't see anything, and the General would still be dragged along even if she let go. But the three would find themselves land in the castle of the two sisters as the fire cleared out.  Sapphire threw her hoof out, a spear forming from the rocks of the earth, rising into her grasp. From this move the ponies in the room would know; Sapphire was at full power again. "Emerald!" She glanced to the element Zhu was handing over, smiling to herself as she recognized the illusion that hide the true crystal that he held from the world. "Poetic, the gem he holds is the very same you're named after." She said, gesturing to it.

Astral looked to Sapphire confused. "How would you know that?"

"I recognize the magic of the element of deceit, and that gem's color is only an illusion created by whoever wields it." Sapphire chuckled to herself. "Seems Zhu might be using it this time." Of course, Zhu would know he couldn't be using it, so something was off about Sapphire's confidence here.

Sapphire was about to throw herself forward into a fight, when Astral stopped her by placing a hoof on her chest With a sigh, Astral's eyes changed color, to that of the element itself."Wait..." She looked to Sapphire, backing off,  as she created a sword construct. Whispering to Sapphire and the General. "From what I can sense, nopony here has the element, the crystal's appearance may be an illusion, but he couldn't be hiding it."

============================================================

@Blitz Boom

"I think they just show how I feel, Hogweed." Warlock stared at her with anger, the fury fueled by the words of the twins. "Hopeless, in a world where reformation is promoted now, I wouldn't fit in as a citizen., or anypony. Think how they'd react to seeing me wander this place free?" The chuckle he had after would be unsuitable, and probably unnerving. "A pony like me, deserves to be locked up. Even they agreed. Mam."

============================================================

@Blitz Boom

Iron Star chuckled a little "Y-you think I'd do that?" He said, making it clear with his words that he read Chow's mind. "Clearly you think little of me." His expression was that of pouting, then he chuckled a bit. "Honestly, the books harmless Chow. Why wouldn't it be safe?"

"He just had a book hit his face two times now."

"That wasn't the book. Even the living book just, laid there and talked a lot."

@Lloyd

WATTS MECHANO

Watts was extremely grateful for this pony's helping hoof. She did have a tiny bit of fear that he would have given her directions and that was that but actually being guided sounded a whole lot better in her mind. "Thank you, mister," she told him with a smile as she shakily followed him and glanced back at the train. "If you were getting on that train, I'm sorry I made you miss it though."

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd

KARMIC FATE

"Take me over?" Karmic repeated in abject confusion. She looked at her body and noticed tiny wisps curling out of her mane in the corner of her eye that were not grey or white. "What the...?"

'Finally noticed, have you?' Atzy chuckled inside Karmic's head and she thought she a flash of green for eyes in her mind. 'Took you long enough. I mean, I thought that the disappearing root would have tipped you off to something, but no. It takes another being in a vessel for you to start figuring things out.'

Before Karmic could even formulate a response, the ponies that had been pursuing herself and Zhu from the storage room had shown up. Upon pure instinct, her eyes flashed white and the three ponies that were talking about some kind of element or something, felt calming sensations flow over them.

@Blitz Boom, @Moonlit, @Seamore Sandwich

AURORA LIGHTS

"We weren't bickering," Aurora quickly changed her response to face the new pony and didn't question her when she noticed the hard stare. She then looked over at the Pegasus. "S-Students? Sure ... I guess we could play along," she whispered quietly so only both the Pegasus and Last heard her. "I'm gonna need a name, hard-staring pony and Pegasus. I can't exactly keep calling you these things."

@Blitz Boom, @Seamore Sandwich

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Last is one of the most hardworking ponies I know. She doesn't let anything get in the way of her job, which is more of a stubborn quality than anything when she's sustained those kind of injuries," Twilight sighed.

@Dji

He chuckled, looking to her. "I had just come off the train, so no worries about that." He had been waiting there, hoping for Crystal to just, deciding to go there. But as it turns out, waiting wasn't going to cut it. Zealous would need to find her. "My days aren't busy either so you haven't exactly interrupted anything."

================================

@Blitz Boom

"Nothing troubles me, although being able to live 300 years, must be incredibly boring." She put a hoof to her chin. "That would mean like, today spans a time period equivalent to blinking compared to how long you've lived." What'd be most surprising right now, would be how calm she was around this. Crystal felt the need to not upset this thing, but as she talked, the nervousness of talking to a sphinx vanished entirely. "But hey, riddles could be fun. Challenging your mental strength is good for the brain." 

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

Fluttershy has this giddy look on her whenever she sees a new creature. A mix of curiosity, glee, and excitement, at what she sees and how it behaves around others. Considering this creature is a mix of various animals should normally have her appear reserved but being around Discord, Lucid, and Anomaly for some time, it has the opposite effect. Eventually, she simply concedes that the strangeness of the whole thing has its own kind of charm. And as for names...

"I think that sounds like a good name! I guess my choices in names probably won't go past cutesy and it fits the creature nicely."

The mention of another name got the pegasus thinking, however. A "quu-friend," curious. Quu- as in draconequus? Or something like it?

"Lucid, if you don't mind me asking, who is this Novia?"

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

The basics first, simple enough but a little difficult to convey given the gaps in the information Lin and Sen had. There were things already made apparent, some from experience, and some from inference. Even their knowledge was lacking, but Lin remembers the things she told the guard pony back in Ponyville. Sometimes, she thinks that it might become routine to introduce Omen to the villagers using a script, much like the one she might try to construct in her head right at this moment. 

"Omen is a Ki'Nathar, formless when first conceived but given form, name, and purpose by masters who choose them. And if I could take a wild guess at how old Omen is, I'd say over a thousand as a good start, though I am certain it is probably over two or three. If I remember Equestria's history right, Discord was turned to stone for the first time one thousand years ago, so I guess that estimate is fairly accurate time to start counting. Given how she came to be long before Discord came along, you could probably add another one thousand to that."

"Yeah, Discord is Omen's master," Sen chimed in, assured and confident given his time spent with the draconequus. That thought once had a negative connotation but after meeting Discord nowadays, he isn't so bad. "Discord formed Omen into what can pass as an earth pony. She is definitely older than us but she has this mind of a youngling, looking to Discord in order to learn about the world outside her home realm. I guess Discord's disappearance meant she didn't get a chance to learn as much as she could. Her mother... she said so herself. There's little to learn in her realm, which meant her children needed to go out to discover more, but she always made sure to entrust her children to masters who can look after them and give them purpose."

It was then that Sen thought about the talk back in Mother's realm about how Discord wasn't an ideal choice. His attitude then was much, much different, more chaotic. It probably was tempting for Mother to pass him up. Times have changed; the Discord now is an improvement over him back then. Strangely, he wasn't sure how that might relate to what Mother does. She has her reasons, and that are sound. Sen trusts her that much. 

The siblings were curious about Rosa, though given the subject matter at the moment, they'd wait to see if Rosa had more questions in mind. Omen, and by extension, Lin, were strange enough to warrant some questions about themselves. Not to mention Sen blurting out some things back in Canterlot that Rosa warned him about saying out loud. It was just them out in the wilderness. It was probably safe for them to tell him now. 

(edited)

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

Fluttershy had a question and it was best that Lucid answered.

"Novia is a draconequus who is about my age. I've liked her for the longest time. She's a little different than most of her kind. She's still a little chaotic, but grew up around ponies, which caused her to think like a bit more like a pony."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

"There are other draconequi? Wow, that's... I've never heard of others like yourself. Do other draconequi live in other dimensions like Discord or is living among ponies rare? This is all so new to me! I- I'm sorry if my questions might get a little overwhelming; I've always thought Discord was the only one of his kind. Now seeing and hearing about others. Can you tell me more?"

An excited Fluttershy eagerly awaited Lucid's response. Normally, she'd be ecstatic to hear something related to animals, but this is one of those exceptions. Pinkie might be more excited about hearing things like this and throwing a party about it, no matter how esoteric the subject. Maybe she might just do that if she were around. Hopefully she isn't spying on them right now; who know's what that mare is up to when nobody is looking...

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom

More questions from Fluttershy, more answers from Lucid.

"I do not know much, I know Discord lives in another dimension, Anomaly lives on some Island, and Novia lives in a house in an alternate version of Ponyville, the only difference being it's called Ponydale which is quite weird, but that's the multiverse for you. It's safe to assume that the cases for Anomaly and Novia are probably special situations, but I could be wrong. As for the amount of draconequi, it's obvious there is more than just Discord. The multiverse is big and contains infinite universes, there is also infinite multiverses."

On 7/6/2018 at 9:37 PM, Blitz Boom said:

The pain was growing more intense by the minute...

Nerzhei used as much energy as she could to make for her and Lyriel's escape - who she had been lucky enough to drag with her - but the overuse of magic and the injuries the dragoness already had were getting to her, as she tunneled through layers of rock and dirt, and collapsing the track behind her as they went on as best she could.

She tried to keep her thoughts on other things to get away from the pain, but it were getting harder and harder to focus on anything else.

It had started with her praising her luck that she had taken her book with her when she had left the cave, as the sphinx were likely going to destroy it now in retaliation. Countless hours of work, slivers of crystal that had taken her months to collect and fill with small amounts of magic, and up to years of research notes would be gone, but as long as she had the book and Lotus, she had the most important things with her. Everything else could be remade, relearned or rewritten.

Then the thoughts had gone towards Lyriel, who had started to squirm a little less as they finally broke through the sand, and got into more fertile soil. The Dryad were still encapsulated in rock, but it brought her closer, so her pain eased a little. Well, her physical pain at least, though Nerzhei suspected that the emotional trauma were going to take a good deal longer for her to get past.

A few other things regarding Lotus, the book, what she were going to do now and so on also came and went, but the pain in Nerzhei's head and bad arm increased to a point where it started to be hard for her to even navigate, or move anymore. She didn't have a choice, they had to get to the surface. And quickly, lest they get stuck down here.

Breaking the surface would cause a bit of a stir, since they were in Ponyville at the time, though it were thankfully not in the main street, where the majority of the guards were. Sadly, there were still a couple here, who approached the dragon and the weeping plant pony wrapped in rock with raised swords.

"Halt! Let go of the mare."

They hestiated somewhat, seeing how the dragoness had one arm in a noose, and the other were clutching her head, doing a poor job of disguising the amount of pain that were going over her face right now.

"B-Bag. Hnngh! .. Elix-Argh!"

Surge after surge were going through her head, combining a migraine attack with the aftermath of using too much magic at once, to cause her a mental pain unlike any she had tried before. Frankly, the dragoness would be attacking something out of pure instinct if she had the ability to move much right now.

The guards weren't sure what she were going on about though, and just kept their weapons on the ready. Thankfully for Nerzhei though, there were someone who understood what she were on about. A pink little someone, opening the top of the bag she had been in, and reaching a bottle of strange liquid up towards Nerzhei.

The dragoness quickly took the elixir from the bunny and gobbled up the entire bottle in one go. It was more than she had ever done at once before, but it were how much she had to drink before she could feel the pain starting to subside, and she had the capacity to let go of Lyriel again. Her arm still felt like it was burning, and pearls of sweat were showing on her brow, but she were somewhat lucid again now, and glanced over at the guards that were holding her up.

"The princess. Where is she?"

"State your name and reason for keeping that pony restrained."

The two were more focused on the dragoness than the pony, so they didn't notice the flowers growing on her - a few things were poking through the crackling rock shell - which would be a hard argument against the mare being an all out pony, though that were semantics really. It would still look like a hostage situation no matter what kind of creature had been brought up like that, wrapped in stone.

"There isn't time. She needs to be warned."

"About what?"

Nerzhei looked the most talkative of the two guards straight in the eyes, as she took a deep, raspy breath.

"The sphinx that's taking over your forest."

That seemed to get their attention, though they weren't the only ones who bit notice in this. Some citizens began to talk too, and would spread the word whilst the guards eventually would help the dragoness to her feet, and assist in leading her towards the castle.

Not everypony who listened in had worried thoughts about what they heard though. One in particular, instead eyed an opportunity and began making her way towards the forest whilst everypony were occupied with their own things. The only one following the tall, well dressed pony, were a small, blue mare, who looked like she hadn't slept in a few days, but went on with a smile on her muzzle regardless, as the tall one lead the way towards an unusual situation.

The Sphinx let out a loud roar, she stamped her paws onto the ground and stared at the hole that had now collapsed. She growled as she realized the dragon and her servant had escaped, though she growled as she realized what had defeated her.

~Magic~

She hated magic, especially cowardly magic though it was not a problem, not really it didn't affect her grande scheme though it made her want to bring her plans forwards. World conquest was always the most hard to pull off though she had a good foothold. After all the forest now belong to her since Lyriel had fled, she flicked her tail now able to destroy everything within the forest, knowing exactly what she would turn it into.

She let out another loud roar before muttering to herself. She knew how she would deal with this transgression within her temple. Only she could use magic, nothing else. She flicked her tail smashing one of the many ornaments within her temple. She gathered up the sand that was glowing and flicked it causing it to slowly spin. It began gathering momentum and expanding outwards eventually expanding out from the temple gaining momentum.

The Sphinx moved back to her throne unaffected by the growing sandstorm. The forest would die as the sand touched it and be replaced by more sand to further the storm, nothing would grow though it wouldn't harm the ponies directly they would not enjoy a sand landscape she thought. The ponies in the nearby settlements would soon know of her presence. If this plan didn't flush out Nerzhei and Lyriel from there hiding place then she would have to do something more drastic. Maybe even visit the settlements herself and reign as she once did.

She watched the sandstorm growing and laughed, "So Nerzhei, You made me your enemy, So you want to play with Magic? Well lets play then" she then spread her wings and flew out of her temple before slowly flying around it causing the sandstorm to grow faster and larger. "Are you ready for, ready for. The Perfect Storm, Perfect Storm" she cackled causing the storm to head towards the nearby settlement.

She then flew down and sat ontop of her temple roof watching it move towards her target.

~Ponyville~ 

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk was actually pretty shocked that what was once just a jumble of whirls and clanks that came from the spiders actually took on meaning.  All thanks to how easy it is for him to memorize things.  It wasn't perfect photographic memory.  He can't recall everything that's happened in his life with perfect clarity, but pretty darn close.  Really aiding in his job as a Detective at the Office of Magical Investigations.  Nice an hoofing to be able to recall witness statements, clues and other experiences without having to waste the time flipping through those little notebooks one tends to see other officers use to keep notes.

Watching the little spider file away the papers back into the no longer locked drawer.  Hearing this 'speak' was still new to him, working those translations stored into his flash memory at the moment.  Connecting specific clanks and whirls at different pitches to meanings.  It was a little more difficult than learning a different language, as metal had a much high range of pitches that he wasn't all the familiar or use to hearing like a mechanic would be.  This would take a lot of practice.

Turning his attention to Felicia who then spoke directly at him.  Working through the sounds produced by the large spider.  He glanced off in the direction Blitz had gone to look for snacks.  Although by now she probably had found something else to do with that hyper mind of hers.  It did makes since, especially if Molotov didn't want these papers to just randomly disappear.  Actually he kinda wondered how many of Molotov's things just up and disappeared when a wild minded filly went about on one of her random crusades about the workshop.

"Mostly.  Small one.  Dangerous.  Important things.  I get the gist."

(edited)

@BloodDrops @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta

"How bad is the situation with the sphinx?"

It was about then that the column of sand and wind began forming from deep within the forest, and Nerzhei pointed the baffled guards towards it, and the sphinx that could be seen flying above and making it worse.

"Worse than I had hoped, better than I expected."

What exactly they could do against this storm, Nerzhei didn't know. She were a geomancer, not a wind specialist, and even if she could provide some protection perhaps or guide the sand away, she were out of magic now. She could do nothing.

"The forest screams... She is tearing it apart..."

Lyriel wouldn't know the first thing about how to stop this. As she opened her eyes and watched what were coming their way, she could only feel despair over the incoming destruction, and the feeling that went through her as trees turned to dust, and animals ran horrified from the storm. The ecosystem were shattering before her very eyes, and it was all her fault... If she had just refused, and tried to deal with Blood herself, it would not have gotten to this.

She wasn't any better than her corrupted siblings...

The guards were still carrying Lyriel and trying to stop Nerzhei from falling over as they approached the castle, and found it a chaotic mess. The last ten minutes of the two draconequui that were seen + company had done much to meddle with the area around the castle from the looks of things, and the guards wasn't sure what to do about it.

The dragoness however, did. She ignored the lot of them - including Discord, which were pretty hard - and wobbled straight to the door, where she clenched her teeth and slammed her hand against the door to this strange, crystalline castle as hard as she could, wincing in pain from the impact.

"Princess, open the door! Your town is in trouble!"

This would have been so much easier if the large dragon, Ancalagon, had remained in town, but for some reason Nerzhei couldn't see him. Either he were sleeping in a smaller form, or he had taken off. None of the options were helping them right now.

Out in the forest, the mare and her escort that had begun moving towards the desert area, encountered the sandy banks that were beginning to form at the edge of the storm in making. The larger one made the smaller mare follow her past the edge before the winds became too harsh, and started to thread in the piles of sand, towards the center, where the creator of this, or her temple at least, were likely to be.

eqXLHnw.png

Queen Onache frankly didn't care much for the sand blowing into the clothes she had formed around her in her disguise, but the sandy banks themselves were somewhat welcome. It reminded her of the desert her former hive usually hid in, when they weren't out hunting for love. Most ponies didn't wander into deserts for no reason, so it had been a good level of protection, even if they needed to change around where the hive were inside said desert somewhat frequently.

As for her follower, that one wouldn't mind as long as she were instructed not to. The mare's mind were solidly under Onache's control, and that wouldn't change anytime soon if she had something to say about it. Having this servant were useful for the time being, even if she didn't care for ponies in the slightest. They were just tools and food after all.

==============================================================================================

@BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Perhaps she could use your guidance when her task is done, Twilight."

Celestia had confidence in her student's ability to help ponies of all kinds, as she had proven to do so many other times so far. Perhaps she could even help the shrine maiden, once her current task were over and she might be able to be convinced to rest. Or ordered too. Celestia were loathe do to that, but she had little doubt that it would work, if no pressing matter were at hoof.

Suddenly, a voice calling for who she would assume were Twilight and a violent, slow hammering on the castle's front door, caught her attention.

"It sounds urgent. We must see what is happening."

===================================================================================================

@Dji @Moonlit

Further in, Last couldn't hear what was going on at the door, though perhaps one of the others had good enough ears to pick up on something. However, for the time being, as she knew little better, Last handled the situation at hoof.

"I am Last Stand, current forepony of the Ponyville reparations."

She could have mentioned some other things, such as her status as a former shrine maiden, but it didn't seem important right now. Dealing with these two so they were ready to meet the princesses were, and so far, only one of them had a grip on things.

"Your turn then, griffon. And quick. The princesses are waiting."

======================================================================================================

@Dji @FanOfManyShows

Zhu would have said something to what were going on with Sapphire and Astral's conclusion that the gem were indeed fake, but Emerald were ahead of them already. She barely tossed her sister a glance before throwing the gem to the floor and using her magic to pin Zhu to the wall. Whilst before it had been weak, the addition of a horn on this body made it easier for her to focus the magic that were still somewhat locked down in her.

"A fake? You dare to bring a fake gem to me?! You think I wouldn't notice? I was the wearer for years, and you think that a pretend will make me lower my guard?!"

The pressure that were slammed up against him were bigger than he had expected, but Zhu still did his part, and let out a small, slow chuckle.

"You were one of many who could carry it. You are no special, just as what I present you with is not."

It had been a tossup honestly for Zhu. Whilst he had sowed the seed to make the old dragon make fakes all those years ago, the dragon were very effective with his illusions, and Zhu couldn't gaze on the gem, in case it turned out that the dragon had not listened, and had actually given the genuine one to Scorn. The potential of Zhu himself getting corrupted were too big to risk, though it seemed as if that were nothing more than a worry now. She had been given a fake, and the plan would continue. The presence of Sapphire were not counted on in preferred path for this, but in many ways, it could only make this simpler to go through.

Emerald on the other hoof, were just furious, and threw Zhu from the wall and through another, causing a good deal of damage to the serpanther, who didn't do anything but twitch in the rubble. Then, the furious parasite turned to her family, with a blood-red aura swirling on her horn, and a want for hurting others in her mind.

She rose her hoof, but something was wrong. There was something... Siphoning off her rage?

Emerald looked around, as a calm fell over things that were quenching even her harsh mind, and fell upon the other possessed one.

"An empath, of all things. Go figure you haven't fallen to Atzy. Yet."

Empaths were rare creatures, but Emerald had heard of them before. From the low grade ones who had a sense of what you felt, to those who felt like those near them, and even the higher ranks, who could force an emotion upon others. It seemed as if this were one of the stronger ones of that, unless it was Atzy doing this, and used some kind of magic that Emerald had not heard off before, as a kind of self preservation? It depended on what the parasite were.  So far, the clues were too small to be certain.

Slowly setting her hoof towards the dirt again, Emerald refocused her eyes to her sister, and niece. Two that she should want to hurt in many, varied ways, but because of the magic being used right now, she couldn't. She had never been good with magic of this kind.

"Did either you know of this serpanther's treachery, Sapphire?"

Her hoof fell fully, and hit the crystal that she had just thrown down there before. A small crack came in it from the pressure, yet nothing came of it.

===============================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

So, his translation wasn't perfect then. No matter, the interloper would learn soon enough. For the time being, she had to work with what he could get a grasp on, and retain a slow talking speed to ensure he learned.

Felicia would have given a small smile if she had the capabilities, but she wasn't designed to look happy, and frankly, she didn't care for the idea either. Perhaps some degree of laughing emote or sign could be applied, but a smile would be strange. She were a guard robot at design, not a circus contraption.

"Good enough, interloper. You will learn the language, as I learn your rules."

Pony rules logically should only apply to ponies, or if not, then legal citizens. Robotic entities weren't likely to be under that law, yet if she didn't want to be faced with angry villagers holding pitchforks - which would frankly not even scratch her chassis - Felicia needed to comply somewhat with the boundaries of the town. It only seemed fair to her then, that if she learned of these rules, the interloper should learn of her language, and both parties would strive to learn everything. It had been one of several reasons why she had made Carmen help her take these papers out. Another reason were to give the stallion a test, which he seemed to mostly succeed at so far. Statistically speaking, he were excelling really, when you took notice of how short a time ago it were that he learned this, but Felicia were reluctant to count something as being perfect.

About then, Molotov reentered the room. He had a towel around his neck, his mane and tail were a mess, as he hadn't bothered combing them yet, and his goggle, hoof wraps, tool-belt, necklace and wings were all detached. Frankly a weird sight to see him without the accessories, at least for Felicia. Carmen were used to it, so she didn't react much, except crawling over so she could get back on his back.

"Felt pretty good with a shower. What've I missed? You know, besides the reason for Blitz rummaging through the laundry, making monster sounds. I figure she just felt like it again."

=========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Rosa's eyelids rose as he heard more of Omen. It was... Quite a bit weirder than he had expected honestly.

"Discord was first turned to stone roughly 300 years ago. Even if you do not include an estimated millennia more before her formation then, she still counts among one of the oldest, living being in Equestria then.

Furthermore, from what you say, she doesn't suffer from any mental issues, but rather a lack of education, from a combination of an absent master, how the world changed once Discord were contained, and her presumed isolation in either her home realm, or in general in Equestria from nopony trusting somepony associated with Discord. Have I understood that correctly? If so, have you considered having her enroll in a school program? Or is she back to learning from Discord, after his return?"

It did explain some things really. Ponies wouldn't trust anypony working for Discord, and Omen wouldn't know what to do without a master, if she were truly learning from his presence. With the world settled and nopony willing to welcome her, Omen would have gone back to the one thing she could count on. Her home realm, which didn't provide her with any sort of education. It were taking things to a few extremes, but when you took in the facts he were presented with, you could make the argument that is what happened, it were logical. At least to Omen.

"I am further curious about her mother, but I will limit myself to Omen for the time being. We have enough time on other occasions to discuss whoever spawns these Ki'Nathar, as you called them, and their apparent... Hybridization options. More so since I can imagine that I will not be free from questions myself."

Rosa glanced briefly towards Lin as he chose his words carefully. He did not expect her to outright attack, but she may well clamp up if he weren't somewhat careful with what he called her mixture of Omen's kind, and the longma. Perhaps not the most likely thing, but in any case, he'd prefer to stay on good hooves with these two. They still had travel to do together, and they were doing him quite a large favor with this. It were not right of him to treat them poorly, with that in mind.

==========================================================================================================

@Moonlit

After the plants were grown sufficiently, Briar would rattle the leaves off, smash them to mush with his vine and then begin to apply it slowly to the wolf. The evergrown wasn't entirely sure how effective it would work on this wolf, but it had done well the time he had learned it from that delightful zebra outcast about four years ago. A bit eccentric, but as he had since learned with Zecora, most of their kind were that to him.

"This should work well, though be aware that it may sting."

========================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"300 might be a lot for your kind, but a sphinx are but a young adult as such an age. Disgusting as the comparison is, we have that in common with dragons."

Enzo didn't know if his kind in general had any issues with dragons per se. Mostly it was just a matter of turf war, the times he had heard of battles, though pettiness were also likely, as both their races could be stubborn, and could have escalated a fight from one of them bumping into them and not apologizing.

Personally though, he had been trapped since he were 15 by dragons. If it were up to him, he'd chain them all down in a bunker beneath the sands, and let them try their own medicine. Loathsome, disgusting creatures, taking his teenage years for something as idiotic as to defend an element...

"If it is a riddle you seek, then fine. Answer me this: I am rarely touched but often held, and if you are smart you'll use me well. What am I?"

It was a somewhat simple one, but in fairness, Enzo mostly only knew minor riddles. It might be important for his kind, yet he had been taken when he were but a large kitten. The ones he had learned were meant for such, and he had been free now for less than a day. He'd need time to stock up on the more difficult ones.

============================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

"Don't let them get to you Mike. So what if you don't have a cutie mark? Some ponies can take a little longer to find what they're really good at. My grandfather didn't get his until he were 63, and started knitting to fill the void after his retirement."

Sorrow missed her grandfather, but he had a good life, and deserved his rest. He had hung around enough for the rest of the family to say their goodbyes, so it had all in all been a good way to go.

As for the hospital, she were leading the way there now, as Mike seemed more comfortable with that sort of thing. Perhaps he just didn't like taking charge? Some ponies were like that.

================================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"I don't want to hear that out of you now too."

Hogweed went closer to Warlock, though her pace slowed a little as he began to laugh. It was quite an unnerving tone, to put it mildly.

"Nopony would trust it if you just wandered around now, but they will get used to it, once you've gotten the help you need. Discord... It still hurt for a good deal of guards when they see him, after the things he did when he first broke loose, but they've gotten used to him, and accepted he's there. So have the citizens, and even the ones who defeated him are calling him their friend now.

So please, stop saying that you don't deserve a chance to redeem yourself, and that you should just be locked down for the rest of your life. You're just as deserving of a chance to prove yourself as anypony else, and if Discord can get past his nature and sway the public, then anypony can. You just need somepony to help you realize that."

Warlock were going to be the most difficult case she had ever had to work with it seemed, but she would still try. She knew it could fail, and that he might just fall back into his old ways, but still. He deserved to be given the chance to prove he didn't have to go that way before they condemned him as an irredeemable monster.

==========================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"All due respect here Iron, but this whole magic adventure thing have shown me that you can't trust anything when it comes to you folks."

He sent the stallion a grin, and opened the book. Thankfully it really wasn't some kind of trap, so without any pie smashed all over his face, he might be able to get a bit of reading done here. Not something he did much, but eh, he could ask the brainiacs if there was some high brow terms he understood zero bits about. Even if it were a *for dummies* book, those sorta things could just come slamming at you out of nowhere. Much like a pie in a book.

Chow might be messing with Iron a bit here, since he knew the old timer were reading his thoughts. All in good fun, unless he got turned into a toad. Or was that more fairy tale stuff? Frankly, what was real and what was completely bonkers were not exactly easy to figure out sometimes. Especially when it came to this magical world he was suddenly plunged into.

...Okay fine, he had plunged himself into it way before this, when he had meddled with magic to try and become a griffon, but this whole thing certainly had escalated it. Silver lining though: He wasn't gonna have nightmares anymore, with Emerald outta his skull. Hopefully.

=============================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

"That's a fun name. Hello little Blitzy. Here's nomnom for you."

Anomaly put down the fish, then snapped up a few other things too that it might like. Like a bundle of sausages, raw meat from a boar, a boiled lobster, some ham, calamari, that sort of thing. It was kinda fun doing this, though she almost missed them getting a dinner guest, in the form of the dracolisk. He had seen fish, and though it looked strange, he wanted one too.

"Hehe, scaly thing want a treat too? Here you go."

A snap of her tail, and a juicy, still flapping gold-fish the size of a pug flopped into existence right on front of the incoming dracolisk. What happened next were a little... Graphic, but suffice it to say that the fish didn't move for much longer, and nopony wouldn't have to look it in the eyes.

"This is kinda fun. Does you girly crush do stuff like this too, Lucid? Or is she more specialized in some other, weird thing? The Spirit of Poetry or something silly like that?"

A thought bubble appeared over her head, and the vivid image of Discord decked out like a mime, silently reciting some kind of book whilst snapping his fingers came up. And then Anomaly fell down laughing.

It dfidn't stop unti she noticed they had gotten company, and grinned towards them. The two guards there didn't seem to know what to do with that, and just starred around at the strange mixture of grass, columns, fountains and statues that did make for a pretty garden, but were still weird. Especially considering the bubble creatures flying around, and the roaming benches.

The dragoness was no fun either, just walking past and going over to the door. Pretty rude really. A bunny popped her head out of the bag said dragoness was wearing though, and looked towards Anomaly. Awh, and it was pink and had a tuft of *hair*. Adorable!

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

The blizwolf ate all the food given to him really quick.

"Novia is not a spirit of poetry or anything else, she's kind of her own thing."

He seemed to be thinking a bit.

"Would you like to meet her? Just don't go telling her about how I like her if you do want to meet her."

@Blitz Boom @Dji

The turns of events were unlikely, Sapphire smiled to herself, as she closed her eye. "I sensed that it was a fake, to me though, that was just an advantage." The smile transformed into a smirk, a sly one. "He lead me right to you." She stepped forward.

"You could've at least informed us about that."

"Couldn't risk the general turning out to be Emerald, so I hid it. Just like most things." Her eye sparked out as she spoke.

Astral tilted her head. "Well." She looked to Emerald. "From what I can sense, nopony here has it. So why are we here?"

Sapphire put her hoof down, looking down at Astral. "To talk." She looked back to Emerald. "Since we've not taken the time to do so."

From her position, Astral noticed nothing different, but Sapphire's aura feeling, off, as if it only originated from the gem that was her eye.  "Best you can do, then."

===================================================

@Blitz Boom

He turned a glare at her, with a bit of a smirk, but his glare that of anger, doubting her words, only thinking she just wanted to reform him for no reason, he needed to keep his goal in mind, and Hogweed was proving herself to be somepony who also held onto her own goal, Warlock smirked as he decided to feed this desire of hers. "I have never heard a pony so sure that I could turn from evil, even the pony who turned me to stone showed little regret to the fact they did so. Others only shown anger towards me, except you." He tilted his head, true interest in her motivation starting to spark. "Your so sure of my ability to be good, I admire that."

@Blitz Boom

A shiver went down Irons spine, he had been mainly observing how Sapphire was doing, his senses disturbed by how it felt like she wasn't, there. "I get that Chow, with everything we've put you through, it must be hard to trust our little group of magic users." He looked down, closing his eyes as he sighed. "I feel that things are escalating over where Sapphire and Astral are. We might need to jump in and help at some point, but hey, maybe Misty can keep an eye on you." Iron chuckled to himself, the image of a filly looking after a pony of Chow's age, was hilarious to him.

@Blitz Boom

Mike followed Sorrow into the hospital. The moment the threshold was passed, mike darted towards the front desk and pulled out the old picture.  

"Do you have anyone in here that looks like this?" He said, dropping the picture on the counter with a hopeful smile.

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

“If that’s the case then great! I’m glad I ran int you, mister,” Watts smiled gratefully at the helpful pony and went with him towards the pharmacy. “Are you from around here? I barely go to this city as it is.”

@Moonlit, @Blitz Boom, @Seamore Sandwich

AURORA LIGHTS

”My name?” Aurora blinked and chuckled before clearing her throat.  She smiled at them both and bowed a bit. “My name is Gretchen Swipefeather, newly introduced student of Princess Twilight.”

@BloodDrops, @Moonlit, @Blitz Boom, @Seamore Sandwich

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

”Okay! I’m coming!” Twiligjt yelled at the front door from where she was before galloping over to the door and opened it. She went to greet the pony at the door only to look up to the Everfree when she heard a howling wind and her jaw nearly dropped. “Wha... What is that sandstorm doing!?”

@FanOfManyShows, @Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

So glad that her calming effect was actually working the way she meant it to, Karmic kept the spell up and glanced at the different ponies and their positions.

Ooo, very interesting. You’re an empath as well as a Seer,’ Atzy drawled, causing Karmic to flinch at the  the voice unexpectedly.

”Yeah? So? Shush!” Karmic whispered to herself and hoped nopony else heard her.

Edited by Dji

It is a difficult thing to grasp, the concept of the multiverse. Frankly this is new to Fluttershy, something she’s only heard once but if there are more versions of her, what are they like? Perhaps one might be just like the version of herself corrupted by Discord… that’s an unsettling thought. 

“So, these universes and multiverses, you or anypony with powers like Discord’s can interact with them? Not just observe? This is something Twilight will find interesting! I bet she would have a questionnaire ready, probably write a dissertation on it!” 

The pegasus chuckled at that last part, mostly because there is a fairly good chance Twilight might actually do it. The odds of it happening are still moderately low, but given how much free time she has despite being a princess, she might consider it. 

============================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

“We haven’t considered it, not yet at least. We’ve had so many things happen to us recently that we didn’t have time to ourselves to consider what to do next. But you’re right, what you said about Omen is accurate. Even if we wanted to put her through an educational program, we couldn’t afford it.”

Sen looked to his empty pouch, the last of the bits he had on him was spent. He had a second stash back in the village but it wouldn’t cover any expenses like putting Omen through school, much less afford three meals for three individuals in a restaurant in Equestria. That includes the more common hayburger fast food chains he saw in his travels. Ponyville has one and rumor is, Princess Twilight frequents that place. How much do educational programs cost, though? Back in the village, the children would usually have about five to six years' worth of basic lessons taught to them before deciding which path they wish to continue on. What they learn from there is only related to their profession; the only exception to this is when it comes to being an elder. Those lessons are only taught by experience, and by shadowing a former elder. Ghilan would have a hard time adjusting because of that. The last elder didn't set an admirable example for him to follow.

“Discord calls on Omen every now and again if ever he needs messages delivered. For the most part, she stays with us.” Sen replied, looking to Rosa though noticing Lin feeling a little uneasy after the mention of “hybridization.” It seems the procedure to ensure she still lives is still a sore topic for her, possibly since only she can answer it to any satisfying degree but still has some bad memories lingering from it. 

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk knew that getting this translation business was going to come down to practice.  He was starting to get pretty use to the combination of screeches that referred to him as 'Interloper' though.  It wasn't a bad start, all things considered.  Learning the language to speak to spider, well mechanical ones anyways, was a small price to pay in doing his best to make sure Felicia follows rules that'll keep her and the Boom siblings out of trouble.

"I believe that's a fair enough deal Felicia."

The stallion agreed, extending out his hoof to her in an attempt to shake on it.  There was no guarantee Felicia had the foggiest idea what Dusk was doing or attempting to do, but hopefully she'd see enough interaction with ponies to have a vague idea.  Or at least hopefully Molotov was a good enough teacher to have passed on the common deal making gesture as a hoof shake.

Looking over in Molotov's direction as he came out fresh from his shower, free of the doodles that marked him earlier.  It appears he wasn't that far off though.  Blitz's attempt to pack snacks for another trip to the scrapyard lasted about as long as it took her to take a breath.  Oh well, probably for the best rather than get the filly's hopes up to go to the scrapyard again.  Molotov and Dusk had some work there were suppose to get done.

"Oh, you know, making friends." 

@EQ_Theta

"You could enroll her in the Equestrian school system. Considering her special circumstances, I can think of a few scholarships or programs that is likely still going on that she could apply for. Unless they prove ineffectual, Equestria changes their laws at a snails pace, so I doubt they have removed that."

It was likely not a good thing to tell the two siblings that he knew this, because spies from his old home occasionally used said program to infiltrate the schools in Equestria, and had a good enough success rate with it that it was deemed important to include this tactic in their spy education. It was seen as something that shouldn't be done if there were other options though, as you then risked the chance of exposure, and if you needed to, then only for a little while.

Rosa were starting to get that what he had been told were just the company line. The far more likely thing they feared were that getting too exposed to how Equestria works, would make those like Rosa question if they were doing the right thing in infiltrating the pony nation. That could lead to deserters, and as he had found out first hoof, they didn't take kindly to that.

And speaking of kindness, it seemed as if the talk of paying for an education had made Sen look to his own bit situation, which were apparently somewhat abysmal. Another problem to be fixed, though a solution to this could come far more directly than what else had been spoken of thus far.

"Catch."

He threw the pouch that Scarcity had given him earlier to Sen, who would either catch it, or it would land in front of him. Unless he sat near fire, in which case, it would go to the side. Scarcity had no interest in setting fire to the pouch, even if the bits would be okay.

"There should be between 100 bits leftover from both our supply and food purchases. I am not truly getting away from the changeling kingdom anytime soon, and bits carries no value there, so I have no use for them."

It were not entirely true that he couldn't use them, as he did still sneak into other countries - such as he had done to get started hunting for Filigree - but he had enough of a reserve to not need it. His purchases were limited to begin with, and he mainly sustained himself from things he got in the wild, to avoid as much exposure as possible. Sen and Lin would have a better use of them than him, as they needed things from the towns, and actively seemed to seek them out.

With that handled, and the Omen situation seemingly turned, he awaited responses and questions from the longma's themselves now. If not in regards to Rosa himself, then likely to what he meant with scholarships, and the potential of Scarcity not liking others keeping the leftover bits. Both topics which should be fairly easy to answer, with the second one honestly being somewhat self-explanatory. If she wanted these back, she would have asked for receipts when they met up with her, or for what were left. She had done neither, and it was obvious to Rosa that nothing Scarcity did were without reason. Current one being what he had told Sen earlier: To show that she could pay well for any special skill-sets that could be useful for her..

========================================================================================================

@Dji @Moonlit

@Seamore Sandwich

"So Gretchen and Serenade? Good, follow me."

Some rather odd names, but the hidden siren made sense, A singing name to a singing creature, though she should likely not start busting a tune out here. They wanted to not draw attention after all. As for the griffon... What even did Gretchen mean? Perhaps it was a griffon word, or just their naming conventions The brief encounters they had with griffons at the shrine didn't tend to include names, or at least not many that Last heard. She wasn't among the ones dealing with them, as they weren't among their attackers most of the time.

Not that it mattered. A griffon didn't seem like a problem for the princesses, and this one weren't overtly aggressive currently, so it might work out. She'd still have to be ready though, just in case, but for the time being she could lead them back to the main chamber, whilst thinking over what might come next from the princesses. Hopefully just simple questions that the two outsiders wasn't gonna mess up.

@Rising Dusk

Molotov looked on as Felicia raised a leg, and poked Dusky on the hoof with the tip, then slowly shook it up and down. Pretty much the worst hoofshake the engineer had ever seen, but he got the gist of it. Felicia had some issues regarding her joints that didn't make it possible for her to go about this the normal way anyway, and it were better than when he tried to teach Carmen. She tended to grab hold in a hoof reached her way with her small teeth, and shake it around like a dog toy. Tended to weird folks out.

"Making friends you say? What've you lot messed with?"

"Where is my power?"

It wasn't meant as a distraction from Felicia's side as much as it were simply her not caring about Molotov's idiocy right now. She wanted those accursed wires out of her, and she wanted it now.

"I'm still drying. You really want me to mess with that stuff when I can drip? I mean hay, just look at me. Not even geared up yet. Makes me feel all exposed and... Normal like this. Gives me the itches."

Technically speaking, Molotov's tech wasn't prone to taking water damage, but the clothing parts of his outfit did get annoying when damp, and his wings tended to give a squishy sound of too if he hadn't gotten dry before setting them in. Plus, he wanted to rush out here to make sure the lot of 'em hadn't messed something up. Everything seemed in order, but you never knew with snoopers, like Dusky inherently were, and the spiderbots. He used to think that Carmen was still all set and straight with him, though after a few showings of the bond between mechanical family members, he was thinking that Felicia had the small one more on her side than he did. And he wasn't sure what Felicia would do when there wasn't any oversight, considering how her AI seemed to have expanded far beyond what he had expected, and wasn't overtly friendly to him or this place.

"Anyway, with a brief window of time to work with before I'm whipped off to serve her highness here again, do you wanna go over what we're gonna do with the actual work we were supposed to get done, Dusky? Thinking working on the skeleton, or figuring out the pressure first, from the magic involved? You know, so the whole thing doesn't collapse on us halfway through."

@BloodDrops @Moonlit @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine

"It's a sphinx made sandstorm, what do you think? It's headed for your town, and it's going to turn everything it touches into a fine power if you don't stop it. If anypony doesn't."

She glanced around at the collected powers here. She could see two draconequui, two princesses, and an assorted flock of ponies and animals. Whilst Nerzhei didn't put stock in the last two groups, the first two should be able to do something. Unless all she had heard about them had been false advertisement.

"I can disperse the storm, but if there is truly a sphinx, then it will not be the last of its kind. there must be others who ventures in and deal with the sphinx. Perhaps it can be negotiated with."

Nerzhei rolled her eyes at this. Ponies and their want for diplomacy at every turn... Sometimes that wasn't going to cut it.

"She overtook the forest and already turned a pony into dust. You can't negotiate with that kind of creature. Swift action is needed, or this town is gone."

Celestia would want to know what had brought a sphinx to their area, since they mostly were situated in areas with deserts, and what the dragoness had of connection to this, but it would have to wait. It were time for her to focus her magic and direct it towards the storm. It would likely not be instant that it were dealt with, but sooner or later, the princess should overcome it, and make the winds fall silent again. The sphinx should likely feel the interference soon, as the beam shot from Celestia's horn towards the feline's creation.

Meanwhile, Nerzhei looked down on the princess.

"We barely made it away alive, and I can hardly walk. I can't fight her anymore, and neither can Lyriel. You'll need to find somepony willing to deal with this, princess. I will share whatever information I can when this place is in less calamity."

"I wanna go, sounds fun. Just hold on a sec, weird pony here needs help."

Anomaly had been focused on Lyriel since the pair had gotten here. Well, transfixed honestly, if you wanted to be technical. To see a pony made out of nature magic and plant material were gleefully fun to her, but man were she drained, and weak in it. Also crying for some reason, though the draconequus had no idea why. Perhaps because of the first two? Could also be because the forest was getting demolished, and she felt it? Anomaly barely met any nature ponies, so it was hard to say. And she was gonna meet one less if this one wasn't helped.

So a snap of her tail, and a patch of highly fertile soil, next to a small body of water came up, at which point Anomaly pushed the mare over to try and plant her. Worth a shot, right? And hey, it worked! Not the way she had expected though. Anomaly had kinda thought Lyriel would just slump down on it and just feel a bit better, not step down and turn into a large bush.

"Not my fault, I think."

"Lyriel plants herself when needed. I can explain about her later too."

"Sweet. Come on Lucid, you're joining fight the team too. Adventure tiiiiiiime! And a great story to tell your smoochy friend later, hehe."

Sure it sounded fun to meet Lucid's special some...Quu? Whatever. Lucid's crush. It sounded fun to meet her, but there was a literal call to adventure now, against a large feline magic user who were on a war path. everything could wait when that was an option.

===================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"I have to believe that there's good in everypony, and it can get out if they just get help. Standing alone with something like must be uhm... Well, kinda impossible? Very tough anyway."

With the tension settling somewhat, Hogweed began to wander back into her more half-bumbling self, which wasn't helped when Warlock said that he admired her dedication. It wasn't like she were fawning over him for a comment - Celestia no - but compliments tended to make her feel a bit giddy, no matter who it came from. She wasn't even sure if the one she had just gotten were genuine, or just manipulation, but the effect were still there.

"You have to believe in something in this world, right? After all, who- I mean, what, can you do without any kind of belief, or somepony who believes in you? Did I just say that? Oh Celestia that was cheesy..."

@FanOfManyShows

Chow's ears perked when he heard things were about to go down, and put the book aside for the time being.

"If things are heating up 'round the gals, we gotta be ready. Think you can magic up a new stick for this thing, or should I just try and stab Emerald up close?"

He took up the spear end and part stick that were left on it. Got pretty destroyed by Warlock after Chow had been given it earlier, but the good part were still left at least. He could do a solid for them all if he could get in close to Emerald, who weren't as strong as the old stallion were.

"And don't gimme any dirty looks. She'll just repair her vessel, or run out of it. Either way's a distraction, and I'm not gonna aim for anything important. Ain't fair for the vessel, whoever the poor sap is this time 'round."

======================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows @Dji

Tidal raised an eyebrow at the notion.

"Me being that chick? Be thankful there's a field keeping us docile, or that would've earned you a smacking."

Seriously, if she had been Emerald, why not just attack the witches when their guard were down and they were busy meddling with Zhu? Of course, she could understand to the point that her constant asking if they kept watch over Zhu could be interpreted as if she wanted what he had, but still, it... Actually, that was a fair point. Better to be paranoid at that point.

Meh, them about that. The sisters didn't seem like they were tearing eachother up just yet, so Tidal might as well talk with the third being in this room she wanted to get a hold of: Karmic.

"When this is over, the two of us are gonna have a chat. Aiding a fugitive and breaking into the relic chamber is a serious thing. Brownie points for keeping this in check though, so I'm not closed off for the idea of us being able to work something out."

"...I forced... Her... She didn't want to... Go in there..."

Tidal's attention went towards the slowly talking Zhu. Sounded like a few things had broken from how he spoke, or he was just pinned down well. With some luck, both of those things.

Meanwhile, Emerald faced her family. The sister that killed her, and the niece she had tried to break earlier. Not the best gathering, and under normal circumstances, they should be frothing at the muzzles, and bashing at one another. Astral and her at least would. Sapphire always had an unnerving calm about her, even back when Emerald and her had faced off, and Sapphire had destroyed her body.

"Talk? I don't remember the last time we just talked anymore. It have always been fighting, grudges, and vengeance. We couldn't just talk anymore. Not even at the end.

I hate you for what you did Sapphire. I was dying, desperate, and had nopony to turn to, and you just left me. Wandered off to try and redeem your crimes and play hero, while I was forced to stay alone in the shadows. I needed you, sister, and you turned your back on me.

How would I even begin to get past that? You killed me, and left me to rot in a bauble, when all I wanted was for you to come back to me. Couldn't you tell that I didn't want to hurt you? I had so many open chances to do to you what happened to me, but I... Wait. Something is wrong."

In the midst of the honesty that the calming aura allowed Emerald to have, she began to take notice of the magic emanating from Sapphire's eye. In fact, the more she looked, it began to seem like it might only be the eye that had any energy from it in the first place. This wasn't right.

"Is this just an illusion? Another trick? Why do you mock me like this?"

=========================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

The nurse at the counter turned around as she got addressed, and faced the odd couple at the desk. Perhaps on other days she would've found it weird, but honestly, with the sort of patients they had in today, this didn't even make her flinch. Bending down to look closely at the picture, she turned it around a little, seeing if she could recognize the filly in the photo.

"...No, I'm sorry, we don't. She reminds me of a patient in room 7 though. Does she have an older sister perhaps?"

The nurse hadn't been told that this were an old photo, so to her, it just seemed a little worn down. As such, she thought they were looking for a filly, and not somepony nearing marehood instead.

@Moonlit

Briar saw the claw and hesitated in his movements.

"Be calm my friend, I seek not to hurt you. This is simply a remedy I learned on my travels."

It were a risk now, especially with the large claws running across the dirt, but he had come so far. So, in for a bit, in for a diamond, as the ponies said. It was time for him to apply the salve, though by all accounts, it was best if he just used the vine - not the parts with the spikes though - and went at this very carefully. Wouldn't want an accident now, would they?

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @BloodDrops @Dji @Seamore Sandwich

This was rather sudden. One second he was talking about Novia, the next... some sort of adventure. Lucid had no idea what was happening.

"Um... I'm not sure what just happened, but sure."

He grabbed the his bearded dragon pet and the blizwolf, which will later be a gift for Novia and went with them. He also put some invisible shield thingy around Pringle so that the bearded dragon would not be hurt. The blizwolf would probably be able to defend himself.

"So, who are these guys exactly?"

@Blitz Boom

"Err... No? Oh... Well, that's uh, alright." Mike said, turning back with a look of Sorrow on his face. 

"well, you can't win them all. Let's go do that other thing, with the library?" He said to sorrow. Stepping out of the hospital, Mike looked up and down the street for any library-eqsue place.

"Hey, Sorrow? Isn't the library in a tree or something?"

@Blitz Boom @Dji

Sapphire closed her eye. "I had killed you, knowing your soul would pass on. But I had no idea that your soul would go into that bauble. It just happened to be there, cursed to hold your soul inside it, I would've fixed it, but then I died before I could." She opened her eye, expressing a bit of surprise. "Surprised you only notice the magic my eye gives off just now, having worn it before I took form." Her expression was sly, although there was a flaw about it, Her eye was the wrong color. Sapphire backing off and holding her gem as it sparked again.

Astral backed off, the aura feeling more like that of the element of deceit than before. "W-well, if it's an illusion, you've still, not told me." She stood back, forming a sword construct, frustrated now at Sapphire, for keeping these things a secret "Why are you keeping so many things secret now?!"

"I need to do it to keep you all safe, and with these secrets, I die before I can tell you the truth. This thing here." She said, pointing to her gem. "Is the only way I can ensure It, is with this." Emerald, being the previous wielder, would recognize the color the gem now took, the element of deceit. "And now, I have been given the chance to tell you all everything I have held from you, and fix what I have done."

"I doubt Emerald will feel very confident with knowing what you have." Astral stated pointing to the element. "Neither would I, in fact." She stood stern, the distrust she felt over powering the fact Sapphire wasn't actually alive and in front of her.

@Blitz Boom

It was then that Iron Star looked to Chow. "I think it'll be, harder on us. With what I can see." He formed a sword in his hold, looking to Chow. "I have a feeling we won't just be fighting Emerald." He sighed to himself, a circle of flames surrounding the group. "Be wary, Emerald is more skilled in magic though, so attempting to damage her would be, difficult." With a sigh, he looked down, Misty running into the circle. And then they teleported to confront Emerald.

@Blitz Boom

There was an odd chuckle and genuine smile from him. Recalling how he'd met ponies who really did care about his well being, most of which were his family. Which he planned to get back. But if there was a way to gain back some form of care, he'd take it. "I would need to see the good inside me to know I have it. Believing in others, after what I did, would be difficult. For all I know you're just buttering me up for something else entirely."

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

The Sphinx glanced down at the newcomer and flew down till she was infront of her temple entrance, she twisted her head and frowned at the newcomer. She sat herself down into a sitting position and blinked at her letting out a low yawn. "Well come along deary, we don't have all day. I'm sure your willing to come to some sort of agreement. You sure won't be leaving without one" she purred amused. 

She glanced up as a magical beam hit the sandstorm, she shook her head at the magic that was now within her realm. "Silly ponies, when will they learn, they can't use magic in here without my permission. If you will excuse me one second" she apologized. She levitated a large lump of sand and put it in front of the beam turning the sand to a glass orb that was now collecting the magic leaving the sandstorm to rage within her realm unopposed. 

She then turned back to the new comer, "Now then where were we? Before that rude interruption" she asked the blue cloaked mare. "I will have your name as well, powerful things they are they are also useful in there way" she remarked.

@Blitz Boom @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine

The Sandstorm had grown to a large vortex that went up many meters and was centered around the Sphinx's temple though it stayed within the Sphinx's realm which was the Everfree Forest. Though more likely it was the Everfree Desert now. The Glass gem was in front of the large Sandstorm absorbing the magic that came from one of the Princesses that had halted the advance of the Sandstorm, though it was still a eyesore unless you happened to like giant raging sandstorms and oddly shaped temples which cold be occasionally seen within.

The meaning of the storm was clear. While the Sphinx was entertaining her guest she didn't want anymore unwanted visitors, though it was possible to get though the sandstorm it was more of a deterant rather then a barrier. You could walk though it with no harm to yourself however you would have a bad mane day if you did, plus sand just gets everywhere. 

Edited by BloodDrops