Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Molotov wasn't that far off when it was broken down to its basic form.  Everything started small.  A screw, a bolt, a gear, basic magical energy, spell foundations, it all started somewhere to be built upon, improved, focused and made better for it.  Engineering and magic were only different in approach, but the end goal usually became the same.  Improving the lives of the user and the ponies around them, for better or for worse.  It all came down to just a different language.  When put together though, amazing things can happen.  Some times terrible things, but amazing nonetheless.

"Pretty much the best way to look at it.  Every spell has a blueprint, just like every machine does.  And just as many ponies use machines on a daily basis without knowing the blueprints, many unicorns use the most basic of spells without knowing it can be written out this way."

Only unicorns that were lucky enough to attend Magic Schools or with enough ambition to study such advanced things on their own, knew these more advanced lessons in the use of magic.  Dusk didn't attend a Magic School or really have to study all that much, thanks to how his memory works, but his advantage came from his advanced sense of magic.

It didn't take that much longer after Molotov left to get his gear that Dusk had finished the new version of the magic circle.  It hardly looked the same as the first attempt, well by just looking at it anyways.  Somepony with more experience could see the similarities.  Dusk had 'bent' the sigils to make them fit better and interact more safely with the other sigils around it.  Sort of like bending a pipe in a different direction to put the flow of water somewhere else.  It was the same pipe in the end.  Finally he noticed that Carmen had wandered over to watch what he was doing.  Wondering if AI could understand magic.  Having just recently learned about AI, he wasn't quite sure and the thought was rather interesting.  

When Molotov finally returned to get to work on making another cage, Dusk moved away from the circle, sliding the chalk back into his hoodie pouch before extinguishing his horn.  Making his way over to the laundry room.

"I'm going to go check on Blitz."

@Blitz Boom, @FanOfManyShows

KARMIC FATE

“Thank goodness,” Karmic sighed in relief when Chow turned away from her. She sat down near his group and inspected her hooves for a bit. One blink and they looked like they were beginning to form holes on her leg and yet another blink later; they vanished as suddenly as they appeared. “What are you doing to me, Atzy?” She groaned out loud, finally figuring out where her apparent hallucinations came from.

Isn’t it obvious, sweet Fate?” Atzy questioned Karmic in a smooth voice. ‘If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were a changeling.’

“What!?” Karmic shrieked in terror to the sound of Atzy’s cackle bouncing around her brain.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

“Kinda? I just notice things and blurt out a question relating to the thing I noticed. My brain’s filter from thought to mouth dissolves with new ponies that are not customers. Like you, Zealous. The mare you’re looking at doesn’t know you like her so why don’t you ask her out?” Watts asked him in the same rambly tone, stopping with him in an effort to catch her breath.

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta, @Moonlit, @BloodDrops, @Storm Shine, @Seamore Sandwich, @Lucid_Nightlight

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

“I am not pent up and boring!” Twilight immediately protested, too shocked at the statement to keep up her frustrated expression at Discord going ahead on his own. Again. She growled to herself in annoyance though and tried to do a couple of calming breathing excercises Princess Cadence had taught her. “That is neither here nor there, though. We’re-“ she interrupted herself as soon as she felt the rough dirt path immediately turn to sand in the blink of an eye along with it suddenly turning the heat up. “We’re in the desert now so the only logical conclusion is to follow the obvious stone path before us.”

AURORA LIGHTS

“Changeling booping?” Aurora asked nervously and it was all she could do to keep her concentration on her griffin form. “I, Uh. i d-don’t think I’d be up for that.”

@Victoria Sponge

(welcome back, friend. :) )

"So Strawberry looks like strawberries, Raspberry have pink streaks in her mane and likes to fly around, and Sky Scraper have a beard. Sounds easy enough. Especially that first one.

Heh, you should've seen me when i didn't get that pony names were descriptive of what they looked like or did. Everyone talked about berries, candy, walls, foliage, yada yada, and I'm just standing there with no clue, and wondering if everyone's just pulling my leg. Some dragons have names sort of like that too, but it's always just gems, metal, or elements. It's easier."

"When I first wrote him my name, his initial response included a question about whatever or not I was talking about a bubble. Really weird response to get back from one of the random bottles I sent around, but it was kinda cute."

Benny's clueless interpretation and curiosity had been one of the things making Pop go on writing him back then, even when she were told that he was from Dragon Land. Not exactly a place spoken about kindly in her days, but what she hadn't wanted to put up with to get herself a pen pal.

Funny how things evolves sometimes, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

"Anyway, like Victoria said, we should probably get on our way. It's not polite to leave others waiting."

"Agreed. Gotta be a lot of fun I bet."

The two of them had everything they needed in their saddlebags, so they'd be ready to get going right away, and especially Benny were full of energy and ready to get going. Sounded nice to be out stretching his legs a bit longer frankly, and some fresh air would do them all good. make them aware and ready for when the flock were to meet with Vicky and Battenberg's family, and sort out that there were technically two party crashers with them. Surely it'd be fine though, since they were invited, but it might give a small bit of tension. yet their family as a whole seemed rather nice, so Benny at least doubted that something would happen, and really, more focus were likely to be on Victoria. Sounded like her being to these things weren't normal, and she were almost an entirely different mare now than she used to be. Her family would be drawn like moth to the flame, or at least make them look like cautious, but curious cats.

"I'm sorta wondering, why wouldn't your father be there? We met Felix what, an hour ago or so? Could he have really taken off already?"

"Yeah, I almost forgot about that. Nice guy that one. He said he were going to look for his wif- Eh, you, I mean. He haven't showed up yet? Perhaps he wants to surprise you at the gathering?"

Wait, did that mean that he just spoiled the surprise? Gosh darn it, not again...

===========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"If she's still asleep, just poke her. Works like a charm."

Dusky worked fast it seemed, but hey, now there was somepony to watch out for Blitz, so that was good. She might've been napping before, but her taking a small powernap wasn't unusual. if she found a soft, comfy place, she liked snuggling in and powering down for a little while, but it wasn't going to last. That she hadn't woken up already were frankly a miracle on its own, yet as Dusky were about to find out, Molotov were wrong on that account. She were awake, and from the looks of things, had been busy scrubbing her wings clean. Especially the random feathers she had on it, as useless as they were to actually make this work.

Yet, until she had some idea on how to make them work, she liked having these as a sort of placeholder. She had to replace them sometimes though, but there were enough birds getting riled up, or pillows to forage for feathers in dumpsters to keep her happy, so it was fine.

She sat on the floor, every spread around, and scrubbing the harness with a steel-wool sponge when Dusky got in, and lifted her head to see who it were. She knew it wasn't Molotov, as she could hear him hammering away outside, so the options had been kinda limiting. Still great to see him though, ad she lifted a hoof to wave at him when he got into sight.

"Hi Dusky. Are big bro and you getting some fun work done?"

Back in the workshop, Carmen crept closer to the magic circle, and slowly moved around, looking at everything that went on. She didn't understand magic that much, and just thought of it as being just strange power, yet this were an important thing to get down, ad she could show it to her larger sibling too later, if she got it on paper. Felicia was smarter and had talked about magic before. She might understand it, and explain it to Carmen.

==========================================================================================

@Dji @FanOfManyShows

Grrr, noisy... Noisy!

Enzo opened his eyes and rose up to his full height, and looked with a narrow, grumpy glance towards the citizens that were starting to take a few, weary steps backwards.

"Who, was that?"

It wasn't hard to figure out once he looked over the crowd. Who would it be that had shriek in such a high pitched tone that it bored into his ears, if not the one most focused on, beyond himself? A mare from the looks of things, with a group of ponies not far from the sphinx that he frankly didn't care much about, compared to the one eyes were directed towards. Or were anyway, before Enzo took two steps closer to them, and looked down upon them. No pony had been stupid enough to stand underneath his soft paws as he moved along, though they would've have been hurt regardless. He stepped lightly, and the bone ornaments around his legs were not reaching far enough down to count as a hard surface to hit anyone with, so things would remain safe.

The guards coming from behind him as every pony within a few meters of Enzo started to get away were largely ignored, as the sphinx lowered his head towards the mare - who were smelling of odd magic for some reason - and with his somewhat feminine voice would utter: "Do you mind? I'm trying to find rest."

Perhaps he could have simply used some cloth to shut up this one, but it had been a few steps, and using magic would be seen as an actual attack. Besides, these ponies might as well get used to seeing him wandering here at times, because he were not leaving anytime soon. Though he'd likely resign to fly around instead of walking in the future. Watching his steps constantly were annoying.

=====================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"A wise choice. The less worries we have when wandering in there, the better.

As for emergency options, if something goes wrong, Lin can set a gate for us to escape through. If we somehow end up separated, and there's a risk in getting to me. she will leave alone. I can fly, I have a way to escape that she doesn't."

Honestly, he wasn't sure if that was going to work, if he were first in the swamp, but it were a logical sacrifice if something bad happened. instead of them both getting lost, only one would truly be so, and of the two, Lin had more to live for. She had a brother, and a village that needed her. What Rosa did could be replaced by books, and his only family were deep in the grips of dementia, going to jail, or didn't even know he existed. The loss of his life were wouldn't impact as many, or as closely as these two.

"To save a life is valuable, but to sacrifice two for a slim chance is not. I have enough beings already who have gotten hurt because of me, and I will not have more added to my consciousness. If I'm lost, and you're unable to get to me without risking yourself, Lin, save yourself. Better that one lives, than none of us do, though I doubt we will have to be faced with that. I believe we will get through unscathed, if rattled.

Anyway, let's us make haste. I would prefer to not go in there after sundown."

He'd keep on going as he said this, and faced the two siblings with the fact that they may have to leave him behind if something went wrong. A grizzly thought, though a potential outcome that they had to consider, even if it were a slim chance for this to happen if they went through this okay. With Sen staying back, it should be easier too, long as he didn't wander off on his own. He'd need to remain at whatever safe spot he'd wait at, whilst Lin and him went through, or things might get to somewhere between worrisome, and disastrous.

===========================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich @Dji @Moonlit @Lucid_Nightlight @Storm Shine @BloodDrops @EQ_Theta

"Pff, yeah you are. All regal and serious about everything. You need to loosen up or you'll end up four thousand years old, and thinking that going to the library is happy fun time. You're full of magic and alicorn dust, you should have some fun. Adventure. Immediate mortal danger! This place have that too, but it's not as fun as tipping deer or booping changelings. Those things likes to chase you.

G-bird here could do with that too. Just look at all that timidness. Practically shaking in her feathers. You both need a grand adventure. Or a dating service. There's a kind of adventure in that too, but with more smoochies and less fear of death. At least for Twilight. I've seen some griffons courting. Lots'a scratchy marks sometimes."

A little boring in her mind, but meh, mortals and their worries sometimes, right? Kept getting in the way of a good adventure. Just like the desert did, when it suddenly started and Anomaly's wheels didn't work as well anymore, so she tipped over and fell face first into the sand. Pretty bland stuff though, yerk. No fun eating that, so she shifted the wheels back to legs and got up, where she then started to scrape sand from her tongue.

"Bleargh. Wha- Language? The little mean-spirited critter? I can't say bad words, or the author censors it. Perhaps he learned it off script from somepony? Griffons have some pretty great slurs. Met up with one of them or something? Or did the thing steal the- Noooooooo! Bad Pringle, stay out of my liquid head-thinker!"

She held her front hoof and claw up to her pumpkin head, as if ti shield it from the mind beams of the lizard who might be stealing the bad words from her head. She for one didn't hear a thing the lizard was trying to send her way, but perhaps if he concentrated a bit more and got a little closer, it would be hard to ignore for Anomaly. Or you know, the fact that her brain was more of a consciousness spread through her body, rather than in a grey mass in her head, might make it impossible. Hard to say when it came to magic, which were also why she shielded her head, as inefficient as that would be for anypony who might be able to read her thoughts.

@Blitz Boom

Astral would turn to chow, still distraught as before. "Well my mother may not be real, her sister has the element of disharmony, there's still a chance that the villains may be evil. With all that considered." She paused her walking, sighing. "Not well." Resuming walking, her mind trailed off on all of the things that unfolded in the past few days, but to think this could've gone differently if she just didn't touch a statue, the only upside was getting Emerald out of Chow's head, even then she was out there, doing evil. "You must feel something about all this, right?" She glanced at him, still walking forward.

=============================================
@Blitz Boom

Sapphire would sigh, maybe a degree of realizing she would have spoken to Astral this entire time, but she was still technically dead even then, the horcrux only activated if it was cracked. "I recall every little thing we've done here, despite my length of life, it's hard to forget what we did here." She said, as much as she'd refuse to use dark magic now, even with the vessel holding her soul, the regret of doing it before was there, making it hard to forget this place... "Sister, do you really think gathering the elements would've fixed you, if you succeeded?" It was stupid to ask, but it definitely wasn't the first time she'd asked it, it was the very question that hinted at her betraying her sister, but that was the last time she did that.

@Blitz Boom

General Wing looked to the others. "Well I think it's fine the way it is." He would surely prefer the title sooner, but Iron Wing wasn't entirely ready to fully take on the role of general, as good as a guard he was, waiting on it would let him mentally prepare himself, probably the reason he forgot to read out the file to the others.

@Dji

"It's not like I haven't asked her." He said, chuckling a little, he'd love to ask her, but at this point it was too late to try. "Anyway, that's the pharmacy." He said, pointing to it with a hoof. "If you're done with your rambles you can get your medicine."

Crystal, having forgotten what she went out for after her long talk with Enzo, decided to go to a place to sit down and take a drink. "Oh, right." She mumbled to herself as she went there, remembering that she she needed to think of who stole her work, it could really be any obsessive fan who wanted to read it before the others, or someone who sought to destroy her work without leaving evidence. She should hire a detective for this work, but she had no idea where to contact one anyway.

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit

"Alright, Pringle you really need to work on your telepathy."

To Lucid, it made sense. Lucid uses different forms of telepathy, which are quite advanced. It would make sense that Pringle hasn't fully mastered it.

"It seems that Pringle hasn't mastered telepathy through the astral body. He must only know how to do it through the brain at the moment and I doubt he'd be able to get a connection to you. But he did say some pretty mean things. For example he called you a [Word not legal in this plane of existence]"

He looked to Fluttershy.

"I swear on Twilight's mother that I did not teach him that one!"

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @Moonlit @BloodDrops @Seamore Sandwich

Just where exactly is Pringle learning those words? Harkening back to their previous conversation about multiverses and all, there's probably that; a world where everypony speaks with a more... colorful vocabulary. Frankly, it left the pegasus a little peeved at hearing such words, with her not looking favorably on using words that make anypony look like a potty mouth. Must be a world full of sailors. 

"I'll... I'll pretend I didn't hear that."

==============================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"Let's get through that swamp as soon as we can. I don't like the look of those kinds of places when night falls."

The trip going there left the two siblings silent. Though Sen was a little more calm now, he still fairly worried about what Lin might get into. He didn't want to say it but Lin still had some baggage on her, the kind that could possibly weigh her down and pose a risk in the swamps. It was a quiet time to contemplate but even now, Lin's insecurities began to catch up. She didn't say anything about it, preferring to keep it to herself, but as the two siblings walked along, even Sen was beginning to notice his sister's composed demeanor beginning to fade. Seems like with one problem taken care off, another crops up, and he wouldn't be able to help out with this one. Hopefully he wouldn't need to run in and help her, but who knows what will happen?

@Blitz Boom

Waking up Blitz isn't what he had in mind.  But still, having saw her buried under a pile of cloths fresh from the drier warranted a quick check up on her.  If we was still sleeping, perfect, not that he'd be able to sleep all that hammering and forging that went on in the main work area.  She was probably really use to it having lived here as long as she had.  Could very well be in her blood, as it were, for all he knew, considering the long lineage of the Boom family.

Sure enough, upon him walking into the laundry room, she was wide awake, working on her wings with what looked like steel wool.  This was the first time he'd really paid any attention to Blitz's own pair of wings and just how different they were compared to Molotov's.  Did they not share notes on wing design?  Or maybe he just didn't want Blitz flying yet.  Okay, now that he thought about it, they sounded like the best answer.  Dusk didn't want to imagine the chaos a flying, hyper filly could cause or get into.  Nonetheless, he found himself smiling down at the young filly that cleaned her mechanical wings.

"Yeah, we're working on a special cage.  The first attempt was a bust, so your brother is making a second one."

He explained, another curious thought of how much Blitz herself knew about magic.  Probably less that Molotov considering the state of her horn.

@Rising Dusk

"Hehe, sounds like fun. Big bro were talking weirdly when he got his fancy things too, mumbling about..."

Blitz stopped her cleaning work and scratched her head, trying to rummage through what it were that she had heard when Molotov went past her before, to get his gear.

"Pressure points, metal flexibility, and energy... Something. He kinda mumbles sometimes when he rambles, and he was walking away. Must be something cool though, He always kinda tune things out when he gets working on fun things, and he didn't even see me. I do that too, lots of times. Is that a family thing?"

Molotov had tried telling her a lot of things from the time before she had apparently been shot out of the besieged Center Zero, but it all sounded so weird. Really fun and cool, but it just wasn't getting to her. She couldn't remember anything, even when he showed her pictures of their family where she was in them. She felt pretty bad about that, since he always seemed to get so sad when she said she didn't get any flashbacks or something when it were, but he kept trying, and she kept asking. If getting distracted was a family thing could be something else to ask him, and who knew? Perhaps this would make her remember things? Not sure if that was so good though. Big Bro got sad when he remembered all those who were gone, and Blitz didn't want that. She wanted to be happy and make things.

Well, no need to worry about that. If something happened, it did, and they'd make something happen there. Right now she should keep talking to their funny guest. And clean the wings! Had to make it all clean from weird things that had gotten stuck to it recently. Mostly squished bugs and tree goo.

"Big bro knows, I ask him and he tells, hehe. So what sorta cage are you working on? Is it for rats? Ducks? Dragons? Ponies? Changelings? Ghosts? Dinosaurs? Zombies? Garden gnomes?"

She'd go on with even more weird suggestions as to what the cage were for until Dusky would interrupt her. It was kind of annoying she'd been told, but everypony answered her when she guessed, so it worked! Why change away from something that worked? That would just be silly.

=====================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Rosa nodded, not wanting to be in that place either when night fell. It wouldn't exactly make it easier to navigate in there, and from what he had heard, it wasn't going to be that easy in general either.

It would be about three hours before they would be able to see the swamp, at which point, nothing really exciting happened. A wolf went near them once and growled, but it took off after that, and some weird snakes were seen in the water of the river, yet beyond that, there were not much going on. Yet, through it all, there were a sense of them being followed that Rosa couldn't shake. There were never something when he looked, but every now and again, he felt like something was starring at him from the water, the trees, or some nearby bush. If Sen and Lin had good senses, they'd likely be able to feel something observing them too, though they might also catch that there were a certain smell that followed that feeling, and the few, rustling of leaves that happened infrequently: That of fish. Trouts more than likely, as the rivers here were seemingly abundant with them.

Whoever it was though, no one ever came out and presented themselves. It was justthis nagging feeling, the smell, and few random sounds to suggest that they weren't alone. Efficient ones who were stalking them it seemed, though asd they had so far not made a move, Rosa kept silent and moved on until they could see the swamp.

It was impossible to miss. A vast area with gnarled trees and a thick layer of fog dragging along the ground throughout the dark area, stood in sharp contrast to the flourishing forest they had seen thus far. It was hard to see what lurked in the swamp from this distance, or even that it were anything but a foggy, half-dead forest area, but there were some birds flying above that landed down there from time to time. Impossible to say what ones at this distance though, yet they seemed large. Hopefully not scavenger birds, or it boded badly for the ones entering the place.

The river would bend and flow through the swamp, whilst Rosa's eyes turned to a path a good ten minute walk from their current position, that seemed to go straight into the place. The path they needed to follow it seemed, and since nothing was coming for them currently - at least not from the swamp - he'd say that their current distance was at least somewhat safe for them to stop at, and take a breath.

"I think this is where we need to part ways. Lin, could you return to the stash, and find us something to eat? There's no saying how many hours it will take to pass this place, so we should be ready for a long trip.

And try to bring a few of the rations that I packed that includes watermelon, if you would. As good a time as ever to introduce you to it."

He'd sit down on a patch of grass while they were waiting, and rest his legs. They hadn't been running exactly, but every bit of strength that could be conserved would be good to have in case it became needed in there.

He had something to tell Sen too, but he'd wait until Lin were returned. He could do so without her, but so far, it seemed her trips took mere seconds. Not enough time to talk over things, so he might as well wait for them all to be gathered.

============================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

It wasn't an easy amount of things that Astral had on her plate right now, that was for sure. Her mom's return might've been a hoax, they stil had a powerful enemy out there, and said enemy was her aunt. It couldn't be easy for her to deal with all of this, and then only have one aggressive fit earlier. Frankly, she were being pretty strong-willed about his whole thing. A good trait in somepony who went through things like this, though he wished that she didn't have to. Poor gal shouldn't have to be roped into being a defender of the country because of some bad mojo in her bloodline.

"...I try not to think about it too much, Astral. Lot of bad I've done during all of this that have just gotten it worse, and I honestly don't know how to fix it.

I've spent years trying not to think on how I'm at fault for letting Emerald go in the first place, and now she's not just locked away in my scalp, haunting my dreams, but actually out there and getting ready to pounce. None of that would've happened if I didn't went and stole her bauble in the first place. She wouldn't be out there, Warlock wouldn't have gotten help, you wouldn't have to be faced with this bad apple in your family, or gotten caught and hurt. Thinking about it all, just makes me more aware of how much I've hurt everypony involved here.

Guess they were right at home. Just a good-for-nothing freak that should've been left where I was found..."

Chow sighed deeply as the memory returned of that day.

It was one of several things that had been said to him when he got exiled, and had to go live among ponies instead. In fact the only thing that the cold, enraged elder said to the pony personally before he kicked the crying pony out and locked the door for good behind him. All the looks he had gotten then, the thoughts on how his parents must've felt over all of this, and knowing that even locked down, he had set something loose that were going to cause even more pain than she had already... He felt the same then as he did now, and every time he thought about this: Guilt. Nothing but guilt, knowing that he was responsible not only for what had happened to him, but for what had happened to so many others.

"Look, Astral, I know that things are looking grim right now. There's a lot of bad happening, and we ain't exactly innocent in all of it, but we're doing everything we can to get things right again. Warlock's in jail, Emerald is on the run, and your mom might still be real, but in a real tense situation that'll require us to help her. We've got something to be proud of in all of this, and something to keep fighting for. And you got something that I never had when I got into this whole mess Astral."

Chow would try to put a hoof on Astral's shoulder to show some solidarity - darned pony interactions were hard to get used to, so he didn't try a hug - before going on, hoping that his rambling was gonna sound less stupid to the mare than it had to him when it just started to blurt out.

"You got us. Your pa, Misty, the generals, me. Everypony's here to help make sure that everything will get back in check again. And if Emerald have done something that churns the old wound about your mom even more, or started all of this in the first place... Well, more of a reason to find her, and teach her what happens to those who mess with us, right?"

Alright, there was something he got at least. The notion to focus on who you wanted to beat the feathers off, along with a small grin as his good ol' friend denial started to settle in again.

===================================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

A dark cloud seemed to go over Emerald's red eyes as she were presented with the question. One that she associated with the betrayal that had stung her so deeply back then, as that had indeed been what her plan were. To gather the elements, and use the combined power of disharmony to be whole again. Not a feeble witch, having to leech blood to stay alive, but an actual, healthy mare.

"I had to think so, sister. Even with everything we did to prolong my life, I was still dying. Still feeble and weak, keeling over in a stiff breeze, or having to use that accursed cane on bad days. I remember the times I couldn't even do that, but just lay around, and wonder if that was the last time I had ever walked around, and all of a sudden, I'd be right back to where I was when we were children. Just a burden, waiting for the end to finish my misery."

To return to that horrid state, caught in her own withering body, riddled with disease from before she could even walk, and knowing that nothing was ever going to get better... Even the centuries disembodied in that bauble couldn't compare to what it was like to be like that for Emerald. How it felt like to see everypony else at a distance, happy and smiling, and only having true contact with her older sister, as Emerald were often too weak to leave the house.She had to see that at a distance, and hear whispers from her parents talking to the doctors about how much worse it was getting, and how much time she might have left. They didn't know that she could hear them, but she did, and it had filled her with nothing but dread and misery. Some days, not even Sapphire coming to talk and play with her could lift that dark cloud from above her head.

All of that changed when Sapphire found those books, and they began studying the forbidden arts. It was vile things, often deplorable and certainly nothing fillies should even hear about, but it were prolonging Emerald's life. Made her stronger, and able to leave the house on her own sometimes. Though even out there, she were still often in pain, and needed plenty of rest. She were gangly, looked ill, and as she had just said, had simply prolonged the inevitable, no matter how strongly she went at things.

When they heard about the elements of disharmony, logic had dictated to her that if she just got more magic, she could completely cure herself, and those things were rich on magic. So she had begun making plans for taking them, got to a point where she had infiltrated the organisation responsible for hiding them, and then... Then Sapphire had left her, and everything seemed to fall to pieces.

What should have been an easy grab of several elements turned to Emerald just knowing locations of a few, because she couldn't do it alone. She had needed Sapphire, and instead, she had then had to see her opportunity for a proper life slip through her hooves, and sit in her lonely house, stewing in grief and anger. Not things that had led her down a sane path, as had been evident when she squared off against Sapphire, who had always been the superior witch of them, as begrudgingly as Emerald were to admit it.

"Now... I don't know what to think anymore. I've seen what happened with Warlock when he got his own element, and it didn't make him more whole. It was just more magic, and falling victim to his element's influence. He failed to keep control, and he only had two elements at most with him. I have to conclude that holding all of them at once is impossible, but I can't go away from thinking that perhaps there is a way. Some spell, some enhancement- Anything. Because if I give up, that means that this is my life now. No body of my own, but just a strong of hosts, leeched until I can no longer keep control and have to go for a new body.

They're stronger than what I am used to, and healthy, but they're not mine, sister. It's like wearing an uncomfortable sweater time after time, and I don't have the way out that you did. Your horcruxes allow for regenerating your body, but my soul isn't fragmented and hidden in objects. They're trapped in the mist of crushed dust that's left of my old body."

Emerald looked into the pot, as she added some feathers, sparkling dust, and the wings of some kind of large insect. It were simmering in slowly, whirling around as the mixture slowly began taking form. The one thing that Emerald might never do anymore, and which she hadn't talked to fully with anypony before, beyond Sapphire right now. Even with everything that had happened between them, now that she had a chance to vent some of the anger before, Emerald could talk with her sister easier than with anypony else. Always had been that way, and seemingly, it were still like that, even with metaphorical bad blood between them.

"All I ever wanted was to be able to live like you did. Go outside, mingle, not hearing day in and day out how I was going to die soon. You used to want that for me too, even through the dark times.

Now you answer me, Sapphire. Why did you leave me? Why did you just turn your back on me at the point where I needed you the most, and left me to rot?"

=========================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Good then, since you are fine with it, we will proceed as planned. Return to the prisoner and tell his time in court, soldier. I will begin on the preparations while you two get ready for the ceremony. A visit to the forge might be in order."

A general had to have custom made armor. So were tradition, and now that Iron Wings were among their ranks, so to would he need it. If he got a set of armor before or had only ordered it from the forge, but hadn't received it yet, he'd still be well of going there in her opinion. Either to add supplements to his gear, to make sure the current set still worked, or to pick up what had been made. It depended on the general's mood, and whatever or not he had already received his gear. Considering how busy everything had been the last half day, it was likely that he had simply not gotten around to that.

===================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @BloodDrops @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

"Oh yeah? We'll he's a *insert bird singing* - and a half."

Anomaly pulled her tongue at the lizard again. Mean-spirited little handbag kept being just the worst, and if it wasn't because she had promise not to, she would've put him in a rat-catcher plant. That should teach the little meanie something until she let him get out again.

"You should get a more fun pet. That one's just rotten. How about we splice him with a porcupine so everypony can see that he only wanna hurt others? Perhaps a backwards cap too, to make it clear that he's a total tool.

What do you think, Flutterpony? How would you make little potty-mouth here behave?"

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @BloodDrops @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

"Uh... I think you made him mad."

The lizard ran up to Anomaly, biting her repeatedly which likely wouldn't do much.

"PRINGLE! That's enough. We've been over this, you aren't allowed to bite anyone just because they called you names."

He picked the lizard up.

"Yes, I know she antagonized you when she first met you earlier, but you know better!"

Pringle just looked at him.

"Remember when I said no strawberries tonight? I've changed my mind. No strawberries for a week!"

He looked over to Anomaly.

"No strawberries for you either!"

He a stomped his hoof and a pen and paper appeared. He wrote a letter.

"Dear Zhu,

Don't let aanomlee hav stall berry becuz sh3 was meen

-lus1d"

He threw the letter into a portal.

He wasn't thinking straight for some reason. The sheer stupidity of the situation temporarily broke his brain.

He snapped out of it, not remembering anything after the moment he told Pringle to no strawberries for a week.

"I think my mind just went all crazy. That usually happens in stupid situations."

He looked down and saw the pen he used.

"Yep, definitely the case."

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit

"Watch your language, Anomaly. That might encourage Pringle even more than any of us would like."

"I suppose if Pringle needs to have a sit-down, I can have a word with him. Oh, or maybe we can all have a talk with Pringle. Talking things out usually helps."

It was a tried and tested method back home. Fluttershy usually had a good thing going on when she could get her animal friends to sit down and sort things out with her. There wasn't a problem she couldn't solve. Of course, it's really more of a matter of compromise in most situations and she was happy to be of assistance. Though maybe this one is going to be different. Maybe she should get Pinkie and Gummy but only when she has to. Otherwise, there was always "The Stare."

"Are you alright with that, Lucid? A sit-down to get this sorted out with Pringle?"

==============================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

The swamp got the siblings feeling even more unsure about going through it. Living in a forest for years and traveling around Equestria couldn't have prepared them for what they saw. The whole place gave a vibe that told their guts to just walk the other way; everything leading up to the swamp was just a warning for something much worse. Stopping just made the two feel unassured of their safety, even more so for Sen. Something didn't feel right, even if they could tell what. 

For now, Rosa's request was a nice, if quick, distraction from the whole ordeal on Lin's part. She opened a gate big enough for her to squeeze through, smaller than what she normally would make and slid out some of the rations before walking out. A strange fruit for her to see prepped just like that, red and succulent with some seeds mixed in the pulp. She has a few packs in her own saddle bag for good measure, unloading a few options of fruits and vegetables for both Sen and Rosa to choose from.

"I'm not going to lie, Rosa, this place is giving me goosebumps. Kind of reminds me of those camp fire stories where something is coming out of the fog to snatch us. Or maybe this is one of those times when the stories just don't do the real thing justice. Do you think we're really going to take a while in there?"

@EQ_Theta @Dji @Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit

"I guess a sit-down could work. Pringle has always had a swearing problem and occasionally gets really aggressive, which typically makes it hard to take him anywhere."

Pringle simply stood on Lucid's head, which one could assume is normal him.

"Since you're good with animals, maybe you'll be able to find out why he's so aggressive."

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

The Sphinx has had enough of Discords antics. She flicked her tail and grumbled under her breath. "Onache, we are leaving" she grumbled letting out a low growl. With a flick of her tail a large dollop of glue landed on the draconiquis covering him and instantly hardening. Hard to get out of that when you couldn't click your fingers. She flicked her tail, "I will be back shortly, lets see if your friends are more willing to cut a deal" she added leaving the temple expecting Onache to accompany her. 

She glanced outside her temple and glanced at Onache, "Well I thought sitting and waiting was the best idea. Though i'm more for going about the offensive. Sending in that clown has irritated me, and I don't like being irritated" she grumbled. 

(When storm is more active, I will remove discord from glue ^^)

@Dji @Blitz Boom @Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

As the group entered the desert it had been rather relaxed since the Sphinx had been relaxed, that had now changed. The wind had picked up and sand started to batter against the group. Though that was not all that was in the sand, every now and again there was a pillar or some sort of statue. The path continued towards the temple that was it had been running towards the temple.

Now there was a fork in the path and one path led unknowingly towards the Sphinx's temple and the other led into the heart of the desert. Though it would be unfair to leave it to luck and a large lump of sand swirled around until it made a pony sized form of the Sphinx. The Sand Sphinx blinked and smirked at the group, "Welcome to the fork riddle. Now just simply following a path doesn't determine worth in its self. So you get to make a choice, one based upon logic and clear thinking rather then dumb luck and laziness" the sand Sphinx told them.

"One path leads to the temple, that is currently a few hundred meters in front of you. The other takes it around and leads you back to this point which is the heart of the desert." she then glanced at the path to the left and the right, "Now you've been given as much information you need however it is custom for you to ask a question to help decide on the path you should take. You should know however that I might tell the truth or tell you a lie, though how will you know?" she purred.

She blinked and waited for there answer/choice. 

(Easy riddle here, see if you get it right. Make it as a group or debate it) 

@Blitz Boom @Dji @Blitz Boom @Lucid_Nightlight @EQ_Theta @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops

Discord grinned as he gave a slow clap, leaning against the sphinx and looking at the glue-covered statue of himself. "My, my, my.. Even covered in glue that fellow strikes a handsome figure, wouldn't you agree?" He asked somewhat mockingly. "I'm glad that's not me, it's such a hassle to get glue out of your coat you know?" He pretended to grumble, pulling aside some of his skin as if it were simply a jacket and pulling out a large paint can labeled 'Glue'. The spirit of chaos began waving a small paint brush around, glue flinging around from it's tip. Wherever a glob of glue landed, it would bounce as if it had become a super-ball. "I much prefer my glue bouncy over sticky."

(Sorry about the lack of responses lately, lot going on. I'll try to put in more often, even if it's just small randoms. :squee: )

@Blitz Boom

It really wasn't all that strange to be honest.  With the type of personality Dusk sort of grasped from Molotov, mumbling and rambling served really well as a type of sound board it seemed.  Talking out loud was pretty common he'd seen among ponies.  While he's yet to see Blitz do it nearly as much as her brother, he wouldn't be able to confirm if she does it herself.  Dusk personally preferred his own type of internal monologue.  The one pony he doesn't really listen to, in a manner of speaking.

"It could be a Boom thing, better be careful."

The midnight blue stallion teased in regardless to the mumbling being a family thing.  Nothing to be ashamed of of course, every family had their own quarks.  Dusk's own family probably didn't have as many as most, not having a strong heritage to a long line or anything.  Everypony in the family went off on their own and did their own things.  Heck, their mother was a pegasus and the other three of them were unicorns.

This part was more familiar though as Blitz went off on type of list rambling he experienced yesterday when first going out with the Boom siblings.  More amused than anything, he let her go off for a little while before finally stepping in.

"Its going to be a cage that will prevent whomever is inside from using magic."

He explained rather simply.  Sadly the execution was a little more difficult than that, of course.  It was probably time now to go check up on Molotov now that he knew what Blitz was doing in the back laundry room.  Turning to leave the little filly to her wing maintenance and return to the forge area.

"Welp, time to get back to work."  

@EQ_Theta

Rosa took hold of a watermelon slice, pulled his mask up, and took a slow bite of the succulent fruit.

"I don't trust this place enough to think that it will be a short journey. It may take several hours to half a day, depending on things. It takes only half an hour to fly above, but you are not hindered by your mind playing tricks then, as we will be inside."

Putting the fruit down, he looked around and spotted some of the moss that they had been told would be smart to use for covering their ears. It seemed worth an attempt to use these, though he wouldn't rule out that some things would still sift through. It would be far too easy otherwise, even if you only had visual problems in there.

"This place will not have mercy on us if we stray, and find ourselves as part of another groups tales. We will have to be diligent in there, and Sen, you will need to be so out here.

I consider this a safe distance, but it is impossible to know for sure. The things within may sense you, and show you things to draw you in. I take it that images of loved ones, or Lin being dragged away to be likely. Do not trust them, and do not, under any circumstances, go into the swamp. If you go there, everypony will need to try and help one another, and we will stray from the path. If that happens, I doubt any of us will get out of there again.

So stay here when we leave Sen,and wait. With some luck, it won't be many hours before we are out on the other side.

Now both of you, eat up. I will gather some moss and find something to tie them to our ears. Retrieve the rope we prepared at your leisure, Lin."

With a few large chunks taken from his slice of watermelon, Rosa put his mask back on, and began going to the patches of moss he saw to cut some suitable patches of it. A suitable task for one who carried a plethora of knives, though none of them overly large.

==============================================================================

@BloodDrops @Storm Shine

"As suspected. The laws of magic doesn't even apply to him."

The layer of glue had originally made Onache somewhat pleased, but it hadn't lasted, as Discord had suddenly stood there, with not a spot on him and next to an identical statue. A decoy that had taken the hit, and proof that even here, where the sphinx had set it so that magic shouldn't work, the draconequus could still do his tricks.

She had expected as much, seeing as not only his race didn't follow normal rules, but him in particular were the lord of everything chaos. Suppression of magic were an order that he were incapable of following, though his followers would likely not be as lucky. Perhaps something that could be used in their advantage, though for now, as Onache avoided a glob of bouncy glue, they still had the problem of this irritating gnat meddling around, and the sphinx had not exactly seemed pleased before. This may evolve into somewhat of a standoff already.

Untold power, against the lord of chaos... This may well be interesting, but being in the midst of it? It seemed unwise, so Onache would move towards the sphinx, but to the side. The two of these could duke it out, and for the time being, she would stay out of it. She wasn't one to get into physical fights often anyway. She may have some muscle, but she were a manipulator, and an observer, not a brawler. This were a situation in where she did best by watching and seeing what would happen, and in case the sphinx would seem to lose, make a hasty retreat.

"Do you think it wise antagonize your hostess, Discord? Unless that is the only reason you came here, and not to help your friends? What, with your companions now wandering into a treacherous desert all alone and becoming less welcome by your actions, it almost seem as if you don't care about them when you take to defiling her generous invitation."

A little fuel for the flame perhaps, but again, she were used to manipulation. Making Discord think more of his friends, might make him tone his antics down, in worry of what could happen to them. Or transport them all here instantly, leaving the wait rather short. Another option which weren't all that bad.

====================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Blitz had gotten on to guess if it were for breezies when she had finally been cut off, and she made big eyes.

"Anti-magic cage? Cool! When you get it done, I wanna see it. I bet it'll be all kinds of exciting and useful. Especially for catching little meanies and- No, wait! It's for bad ponies, right? Hehe, yeah, I bet that's it. Okay, go have fun with big bro now. I'll look around when my wings are all clean and nice. Lot's of feathers and metal to brush."

She rose a hoof to wave at Dusky as he exited the room, with a big grin going over her little, impish face, and a head full of thoughts on what an anti-magic cage could be used for. Nothing that the officer would like to hear though, as the thoughts were a little... Well, crazy, but it wasn't as if she were going to act on them. She just had a lot of thoughts that often were best kept to herself, yet rarely were. Thankfully she had other things to get distracted with by now.

ANd speaking of distraction, Dusky would find that Molotov were still going at the forge, hammering away like it was the greatest day in his life. Next to him, a bars of the new cage were done and were cooling down, which were not much, but Dusky had not been away for long either. As had been mentioned, this were going to take some time, but most craftsmanship tended to do. If it was any good anyway.

Molotov didn't notice Dusky returning at first until he saw a reflection in a piece of metal and stopped his humming to address the stallion. He didn't turn around to look at Dusky mind you, but he needed to keep focus on the work and not getting the current lump of metal dropped on something flammable like himself, so eyes on the prize here.

"Welcome back stranger. Wasn't much of a trip you had there. Blitz still sleeping?"

======================================================================================

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji

Anomaly getting bit didn't really do much. It hurt, but as she had said earlier, pain was kind of fun, and considering how she just counted it as another experience, it was basically like tickling her. She even giggled throughout the little thing's assault. Sure, she could've been all mean back to the little meanie, but she bet that it was gonna make it more annoyed to be treated like this. And wasn't that what all of this were about.

"Little lizard mouth only good for bad words and biting. We should get a big bucket of soap water for him to wash the bad words out with."

She'd summon a bucket, but her magic was getting really wonky all of a sudden. She could still change how she looked, and mend her wounds, but anything externally didn't seem to work. Must be that big crystal thing, negating magic in general. Guess there were a loophole letting a tiny bit of stuff through if you were a draconequus, though she bet Discord could do everything. Strongest and most ancient of their kind. Had to mean these sort of rules didn't apply to him at all.

Shame that she couldn't make things though. Especially when the pony-sized sphinx showed up all of a sudden.

"Heeeey, I thought your kind was supposed to be big and fuzzy. False advertisement! I want my bits back."

Anomaly giggled and went up in a standing position, and looked down the two paths.

"I just go wherever and have fun, silly riddles I don't need. Princess Magicbutt or somepony else wanna ask sandcat a question?"

She looked back at the others, and saw a pink bunny jumping towards Fluttershy. That dragons pet... Lotus? Some sort of flower name. Well, whatever, bunny was getting closer, and for some reason seemed to have gone in here on her own, instead of walking with somepony. Must be one of those stubborn types.

Meanwhile, far away, in a hospital ward, Lucid's letter suddenly appeared on Zhu's face, and were promptly brushed away without a read. The doctors were too busy trying to patch him together to have any sort of time for things like this, so it might be a while before the message got to the target, though Zhu had little control over Anomaly anyway. If the draconequus wanted to eat berries, she'd do so, and there was nothing he could realistically do to stop her.

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Lucid wasn't too worried about Anomaly doing anything to Pringle since he assumed she won't, which even if she did, she'd get a stone pillar to the face.

He looked and saw some stupid Sphinx thing.

"Hey! Cats are supposed to be cute! This one looks almost as big of an abomination as Discord!"

He grinned and continued looking at the cat.

"Give us one reason not to destroy you where you stand. What are you gonna do, cough up a hairball?"

Lucid always had a habit of underestimating opponents.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom, @FanOfManyShows

KARMIC FATE

Maybe you should tone down you’re reactions...’ Atzy warned Karmic while the mare’s eyes widened at the Sphinx walking up to her, Astral, and Chow.

“Oh, we’re you?” Karmic gulped. “I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t mean to scream so loudly.”

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

“Medicine, that should help,” Watts nodded, silently thanking him for the reminder. She smiled st him and then walked into the pharmacy. She emerged a while later with her hooves in er saddlebag. She drew them out and smiled. “Paid for the medicine, thanks for your help, Zealous. Is there anything I can do in return for you?”

@Blitz Boom, @Moonlit, @Seamore Sandwich, @BloodDrops, @EQ_Theta, @Storm Shine, @Lucid_Nightlight

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

“Don’t underestimate the Sphinx. He may look just as mismatched as Discord but he seems more cunning,” Twilight told the group after looking them over. She turned back to the Sphinx and tilted her head in thought. “How do we know you won’t change the path to loop around back here even if we make the correct choice?” She had enough trouble with Discord to know not to outright trust that everything a mismatched creature says is the truth.

@Blitz Boom

No argument there. With Sen picking up his meal and eating some of it, Lin walked through another gate and came out with some rope slung around her torso. It didn't feel comfortable with the rope chafing against her hide, uncomfortable as it looks. She sat next to Sen and ate some of the watermelon her brother had in his rations, and him picking some of the greens in his sister's pack, both enjoying and savoring the taste. It was a long time coming, the two of them just doing small things like this back when they were young and hanging out in the woods around their village. Those were simpler times, times that the two greatly miss.

"Lin, you sure you are ready to go in there?"

"You know we agreed to do this, all of this to have Filigree brought to justice. After what I've seen, I can't forget what she did to Omen and to those poor miners. She has to answer for that and much more, and those miners now have a chance to start again."

Sen looked at his food, sullen as he moved some of his vegetables over some of the liquids from the watermelon back and forth.

"It's not about that. I know why we're doing this but I can't help but think back to that night. I finally have a name for that thing I saw, an Ursa. Glowed like the night sky, stars and all. Just... just be safe in there, okay? I wouldn't want to go back to Mother's realm just to tell her you're not coming back. Once was enough for her."

Lin put down her meal and hugged her brother in a tight embrace, not letting go for the moment. A gesture of reassurance that meant more to them now that they have little more than each other's company. They will part soon but for now, they only had themselves for a little while longer.

==========================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops

"A sit-down it is! Once this business with the sphinx is settled, we can get on with that."

And on the matter of the sphinx, the wording made the pegasus stop and think for a moment. Silently she pondered on what was said. One goes straight to the temple, the other takes it around and brings everyone back to where they are standing right now. What does that "it" pertain to? If it is the temple, then taking the wrong path might move it around, but around where? Fluttershy looked back on those weekly book club meetings with her furry friends and those reminded her to really pay close attention to how things are said. But for now, she'd remain quiet and see what reply the sphinx gives to Twilight. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom  @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @EQ_Theta

Discord rose up from the sand to curl around Onache, almost as if he had always been waiting there. "Well now, what's life without some fun and games? I have confidence that the group can handle what's thrown at them." He chuckled, before frowning slightly as he moved almost eyeball to eyeball with her and continuing in a darker tone. "And I'm sure I wouldn't have to worry about Fluttershy getting hurt. After all, I would hate to have to get... Unpleasant." The Chaos spirit's eyes glowed a solid red briefly, his voice resounding with the infinite power of Chaos, many voices blending in with his own; some speaking, some screaming, others echoing or chanting. Minds of lesser fortitude hearing such a thing could be dragged to the brink of madness or beyond.

Suddenly Discord was back to his normal playful demeanor as he uncurled from around Onache to lazily recline in the air, "But I'm sure no-one is thoughtless enough to bring it to that!"

On 8/14/2018 at 1:01 AM, Storm Shine said:

(Sorry about the lack of responses lately, lot going on. I'll try to put in more often, even if it's just small randoms. :squee: )

(its fine, i've been dealing with a cancerous router that died horribly. Now dealing with cancerous 32 bit system rather then 64 bit :P. Though its being fixed slowly)

On 8/14/2018 at 1:01 AM, Storm Shine said:

Discord grinned as he gave a slow clap, leaning against the sphinx and looking at the glue-covered statue of himself. "My, my, my.. Even covered in glue that fellow strikes a handsome figure, wouldn't you agree?" He asked somewhat mockingly. "I'm glad that's not me, it's such a hassle to get glue out of your coat you know?" He pretended to grumble, pulling aside some of his skin as if it were simply a jacket and pulling out a large paint can labeled 'Glue'. The spirit of chaos began waving a small paint brush around, glue flinging around from it's tip. Wherever a glob of glue landed, it would bounce as if it had become a super-ball. "I much prefer my glue bouncy over sticky."

The Sphinx tutted and grumbled at his annoying abilities. She rolled her eyes turning the Glue discord to Stone. "I prefer something more solid" she stated, she glanced at the bouncy balls and tutted again  "Do you mind? I'm trying to entertain myself by annoying these pesky ponies. If you don't want to help then take your shenanigans somewhere else" she snorted making a hook appear and having the stone discord pulled out of her temple. She shook her head as the glue balls continued to bounce around though at least they were cleaning as they went so she left it as it was. 

On 8/14/2018 at 10:04 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"As suspected. The laws of magic doesn't even apply to him."

The layer of glue had originally made Onache somewhat pleased, but it hadn't lasted, as Discord had suddenly stood there, with not a spot on him and next to an identical statue. A decoy that had taken the hit, and proof that even here, where the sphinx had set it so that magic shouldn't work, the draconequus could still do his tricks.

She had expected as much, seeing as not only his race didn't follow normal rules, but him in particular were the lord of everything chaos. Suppression of magic were an order that he were incapable of following, though his followers would likely not be as lucky. Perhaps something that could be used in their advantage, though for now, as Onache avoided a glob of bouncy glue, they still had the problem of this irritating gnat meddling around, and the sphinx had not exactly seemed pleased before. This may evolve into somewhat of a standoff already.

Untold power, against the lord of chaos... This may well be interesting, but being in the midst of it? It seemed unwise, so Onache would move towards the sphinx, but to the side. The two of these could duke it out, and for the time being, she would stay out of it. She wasn't one to get into physical fights often anyway. She may have some muscle, but she were a manipulator, and an observer, not a brawler. This were a situation in where she did best by watching and seeing what would happen, and in case the sphinx would seem to lose, make a hasty retreat.

"Do you think it wise antagonize your hostess, Discord? Unless that is the only reason you came here, and not to help your friends? What, with your companions now wandering into a treacherous desert all alone and becoming less welcome by your actions, it almost seem as if you don't care about them when you take to defiling her generous invitation."

A little fuel for the flame perhaps, but again, she were used to manipulation. Making Discord think more of his friends, might make him tone his antics down, in worry of what could happen to them. Or transport them all here instantly, leaving the wait rather short. Another option which weren't all that bad.

The Sphinx blinked at Onache "Why would I restrict my jesters magic? Please, I need to be entertained and Discord is the best at entertainment. Look at those glue balls bounce, could you do better?" she queried with a snort. She blinked as a ball bounced towards her and turned it into fish which she caught in her mouth. "besides you can't beat food with a show either" she added. She blinked and munched on the fish while Onache decided to try and stir the pot or trick Discord. She would see how this played out and interfere if needed. 

54 minutes ago, Storm Shine said:

Discord rose up from the sand to curl around Onache, almost as if he had always been waiting there. "Well now, what's life without some fun and games? I have confidence that the group can handle what's thrown at them." He chuckled, before frowning slightly as he moved almost eyeball to eyeball with her and continuing in a darker tone. "And I'm sure I wouldn't have to worry about Fluttershy getting hurt. After all, I would hate to have to get... Unpleasant." The Chaos spirit's eyes glowed a solid red briefly, his voice resounding with the infinite power of Chaos, many voices blending in with his own; some speaking, some screaming, others echoing or chanting. Minds of lesser fortitude hearing such a thing could be dragged to the brink of madness or beyond.

Suddenly Discord was back to his normal playful demeanor as he uncurled from around Onache to lazily recline in the air, "But I'm sure no-one is thoughtless enough to bring it to that!"

The Sphinx tilted her head at Discord claim and grinned, "Meh I'll take that wager" she giggled stamping her paws on the ground, all she had to do now was win her challenges or at least one of them. She flicked her tail as he whined about some pony getting hurt. "depends if getting covered in lava hurts ponies, if yes then you wouldn't have to worry. I'm all out of lava" she snorted, "Besides my challenges are to determine worth and not give ponies excuses to sue me for loss of limb. Damn lawyers suck the fun out of all my games really" she grumbled. 

She rolled her eyes, "Get as Unpleasant as you want. See where that gets you. If it breaks my ground rules then you get to see my Unpleasant side." she remarked sitting back down and nibbling on her fish. 

On 8/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, Dji said:

“Don’t underestimate the Sphinx. He may look just as mismatched as Discord but he seems more cunning,” Twilight told the group after looking them over. She turned back to the Sphinx and tilted her head in thought. “How do we know you won’t change the path to loop around back here even if we make the correct choice?” She had enough trouble with Discord to know not to outright trust that everything a mismatched creature says is the truth.

The Sand Sphinx tilted her head, "The path is set, though if you choose a path that I've offered then your set to fail" she smirked. "Besides once you've chosen a path you got to walk it, no turning around and picking the other way, not that it matters, that way is as correct as the one you would pick if you picked a path that is, after all there is no safe path" she informed the dumb purple pony. 

10 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

"A sit-down it is! Once this business with the sphinx is settled, we can get on with that."

And on the matter of the sphinx, the wording made the pegasus stop and think for a moment. Silently she pondered on what was said. One goes straight to the temple, the other takes it around and brings everyone back to where they are standing right now. What does that "it" pertain to? If it is the temple, then taking the wrong path might move it around, but around where? Fluttershy looked back on those weekly book club meetings with her furry friends and those reminded her to really pay close attention to how things are said. But for now, she'd remain quiet and see what reply the sphinx gives to Twilight. 

"Yellow Flutters got it. Even if Purple Horn doesn't. Though she has the advantage of thinking like a Pegasus rather then anything else. This game might be more entertaining then Discord let on, how interesting" she giggled. 

She then looked at the left path and then the right path and then back at the group. "So, one path will take you back here, the other will take you to the temple, which path will you pick? After all I've told you several times a very big hint, maybe I should have coughed hint when I said it" she summarized. 

@Blitz Boom

"So we both have a small amount of blame to be put on us for causing this whole thing." She sighed softly, expressing a bit of a smile. "Though, if we're trying to correct it then what's so wrong about that?" She chuckled a bit as a bench came up into view, not taken by anypony, so she sat down in it, patting the spot next to her. "This is definitely something we'll be remembered for sure, assuming we can stop Emerald at all. You could certainly teach her a lesson, for what it's like to be bothered by a voice in your head."

==============================

@Blitz Boom

"My soul isn't fractured sister, this was the only horcrux I made." She said, truthfully she had made none other to go with it. "Every day you saw me with this gem eye, it was the element, every day I needed to fight it's influence, I knew it'd come to use if I gathered the others, but it terrified me the requirements to properly use them all, I'd need to betray, lie, steal, be depressed, hurt others, use dark magic." Sighing, even though she had no need to, but she had to, yet explaining her betrayal of her sister was difficult, her motivations not exactly sound, time gave her the moments needed to realize that. "It would've been too hard to use them all, without hurting everypony by removing every positive aspect about you or myself, additionally your body was breaking apart so there wouldn't have been the time,then I discovered your ability was to leave the body that you had, time was short so I had not much other choice, either I ruin myself to use all the elements, or end your suffering and risk your soul going inside a object cursed to hold souls inside it."

@Blitz Boom

The General chuckled to himself, nearly forgot he had armor being created. "Well if the armor is finished, it would be time for the visit." Personally he wanted to see what the armor would look like, since it'd be enchanted just like his wings as he recalled, hopefully it'd be unique compared to his previous plain guard armor.

@Dji

"I don't need anything in return for this, it'll be much easier for you to find this once again now that you know where it is now, without further help from me." He turned around, looking to Crystal heading to the cafe, which was actually close to Enigma and Watts. "But you're welcome, I will be off now, and we shall see if we meet again." He walked off into the distance, a different pony would do for these events, as Crystal wasn't going to be at the train anytime soon, neither was Watts, unless fate made it so, but that'd be relying on chance, and not a solid plan.

@Blitz Boom

Rising was greeted with the sounds of hammer being brought down on hot Deep Iron as each ingot was formed into the needed shapes for their experiments.  The sudden changes in the temperature between the laundry room and the main workshop area was very noticeable.  It would take a long of acclimating to live in a place like this.  Sure, Dusk liked his fire place, in the winter, when it was cold.

Moving over to their workbench he looked over the few bars Molotov had already created.  This process was much slower than his own, but equally as important.  And this was still all small scale.  Going up to something more fitting to put a full grown adult into would take even longer.  Sadly much of that effort would have to be put on Molotov, as upgrading his magic circle to accommodate for a larger cage was rather minimal in work.  Nor would be able to spend a large amount of time on the project as he'd have to return to his normal duties soon.  Ultimately that had been the task to begin with now that he thought about it.  Take what Turntable had started and develop it into something Molotov could present to a Princess down the road.  More projects could come of it, Dusk just had to leave his mark in the form of a magic circle.  Who knows.  In a hoof full of years, he could see these cages being installed in the local jail house.

"Nah, she's awake.  Can hardly even notice she was asleep at all.  She's sitting in the laundry room cleaning her wings."

He informed the older Boom siblings.  Leaving out the part of the rambled list Dusk had to endure.

(edited)

@Dji @FanOfManyShows

Astral and Chow had already gone walking when the sphinx towered above the pony, and asked her to shut it in a semi-polite way.

Enzo looked at the pony standing all alone - as most others did the normal things of getting out of the way of him - and heard her apologies, yet the way it was said, and the look going over her presented something else that were an issue in his mind: She were afraid of him. Normal for the smaller races, yet it was getting tiring to be faced with time and time again. He had been there for over an hour without causing any kind of real trouble, did that not say that he didn't care for taking over the place?

"Apology accepted, little pony. Now halt your fear, I am not a - *yawn* - attackers."

Enzo's mouth opened wide as he let out a large yawn towards the mare, and arched his back to stretch some of the stiffness out of his body. It brought his head closer down towards the mare briefly, which made him wrinkle his nose a little, before getting a little closer and taking in a large sniff.

In case Karmic moved, he'd still do this, just whilst also flying after her, and eventually blocking her path.

"You reek of the heart-stealers, little one. Not enough to be of their kind fully, yet.. A halfling of sorts? Have pony-kind gone so far as to mix blood with those who once preyed upon them?"

This were of some interest to Enzo. he had rarely met changelings in the fifteen years he had as a free sphinx, yet a few had passed by, and their smell were unmistakable. Even cloaked, there was this whiff of illusions, mixed with that rancid bile they vomited to strengthen their hive walls. This one had a fair bit of pony over her too though, which were a smell he knew all too well, even before arriving in this place. They had a unique kind of sweat for those with good noses, and his kind - for better or for worse - had snouts that could live up to the task.

Yet of course, nothing were perfect. He might find a smell of changeling upon this mare, that seemed to near a third the power of her regular scent, but it may simply be that she had been near changelings for too long and the smell rubbed off, or this were one of the truly strong bug ponies who he had heard rumors about that could hide their smell somewhat effectively. Could also be one that had the blood of the other on them for an extended time. Even when you washed that coppery smell from your being, some of the smell could well remain.

May also be that there simply were other changelings near and he got confused. It was a flood of smells in this place, and he hadn't been touching her with his nose. Cross contamination were possible, yet whatever way, he might as well inquire. It would help pass the time, and seemingly also make some of the guards panic and not knowing what to do. Considering how long their generals had made him wait, that seemed only fair.

=======================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Rosa looked at the siblings from a distance, whilst one of his longer knives were working on cutting thick layers of moss free.

They looked worried for one another, yet reassurances, hugs, emotional comfort- All of it were there too. The perfect picture of a realistic pair of siblings.

A tinge of envy entered his mind before he averted his eyes from the hugging longma.

Thinking for most of his life that he was a lone child, and only having his dad around, Rosa sometimes got jealous of those who had a family bond like this. His father had always been there, and been supportive until the disease had started to claim his mind, yet it were not the same as an actual sibling. Much as him and his father had strong bonds, which had been hard to cut ties with, he had long wanted for somepony else that he could grow up with, and share things as time went forth. Yet without a sibling of his own, he had gotten used to hiding his envy, and take what joy he could in what he had.

And then, when tracking down his mother, he found that there was a brother... Stargazer, as Filigree had blurted out in the midst of her act. A name he wasn't sure were true, but the only tangible thing he had ever gotten on his long lost, older sibling.

Seeing the dates, he'd have to be around his forties now, so the early age bonding were long since past, but at the time of finding it out, his fathers dementia had begun to worsen dramatically, and the more he learned of Filigree, the more it were clear that he couldn't see her as family, as much as simply a monster. Stargazer - if that were his name - were the only family he had left now, and seeing this tender bond that Sen and Lin had, sparked old flames of envy again, over not having somepony like that with him.

He wouldn't act upon that though. It were not their problem, and he had been used to suppress his will and desires for a long time. One of the *perks* of being a spy, and learning how to hide your true wants and thoughts for the sake of the mission.

He'd wait until the two seemed ready to split up, and then would come over with four blocks of thick moss. Two would be handled to Lin, and the others he's put in front of him whilst he began to tie Lin and himself together. He'd take lead, she'd have a meter of line between them, and then she'd be taking the back. It should be short enough to work without restricting their movements too much.

"Whenever you're ready."

===========================================================================================================

@BloodDrops @Storm Shine

Onache were not one to be scared by random voices and a little pressure from crazed beings. She were a master of mental manipulation herself, so it were going to take more than that, or having an unpleasant thing like Discord nearly wrapped around her to make her break.

The look in Discord's eyes when he alluded to what might happen if Fluttershy got hurt however... That were a different story.

Though the look were brief, the promise of untold punishments, potentially forever, to whomever were foolish enough to touch the one most precious to him were striking, and for the first time in her life, Onache felt a tinge of actual fear. She had tormented many a being in many a way throughout her years, but Discord's eyes showed promises of something untold and dark. Things that would make her methods seem like a light slap with a feather, and there might never be an end to it. An unstoppable cavalcade of misery, and there was nothing that could stop him if he wanted to enact this.

She had tossed her lot with the sphinx, yet now she doubted the feline had any chance if Discord wished to take things seriously. What could a mere mortal do against something like Discord? Perhaps coming into this desert to seek a deal had been too arrogant of an action after all. Especially when it sounded like the sphinx merely saw Discord as a jester. An underling, whom were only around to provide entertainment. Something which he could, and likely would for as long as it suited him, but it mattered not how nice he now seemed as he left her be. The look were there, and doubt had been planted.

It would be the smartest to be ready to leave at a moments notice, and not poke further at this creature, or his friends. Onache preferred to live.

"We'll see what happens when they arrive."

This was no longer a fight she had any place in, so Onache moved to the side, away from both of these, and let them be in peace. She'd do better just watching, and being ready to run.

==========================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Storm Shine @Dji @EQ_Theta

Anomaly tilted her head to the side, thinking as much as she could on what the sphinx had said. You could quite literally hear gears turning in her head.

"So if sandcat says that picking either way she set up means failure, doesn't that mean we shouldn't take either of the paths? Like, make our own way."

This was why she left thinking to the smart creatures, it were boring and didn't cause a whole lot of fun. Anomaly just did things, and frankly, she felt like just roaring through the desert would be as good a choice as any right now. Let the others talk and do stuff while she tried to find the sphinx and Discord by just giving it a shot.

Or... She could try to eat the sandcat? Sand was yuck, but it wasn't like this was a real creature anyway, so she could try and eat her without the author being a stick in the mud. Perhaps she could gain some sorta insight into things that way? Worth a shot.

So Anomaly got closer and opened her pumpkin head's maw up high. The bottom touched the sand, and the top would go above the head of said sand sphinx. She'd still be a few meters away, but the plan were to move forward and chomp down. Somepony should probably stop her before she did this an infuriated the sphinx.

Meanwhile, Lotus had gotten near the others finally, and shook her feet to try and get some of the sand out from between her toes. Annoying layer to wander on, but adventure wasn't pretty, so she'd just have to get used to it.

She rose a paw and waved up towards Angel after that, wondering what his take on whatever was going on right now were. Perhaps he were about to do something about how things were looking right now? Not like the others seemed to be so far, though the weird looking one appeared to be about to eat some kind of talking sand thing. That was just weird.

@FanOfManyShows

=====================================================================================

"Heh, what a legacy we're getting then."

Chow sat down on the indicated spot, and let out a sigh of relief. Really felt like it had been ages since he last had a proper seat.

"Emerald's bad news however you turn it. Even if she got sparkled with happy faerie dust and became good, she'd still be nicking bodies of poor, unsuspecting saps to stick around. We'll need to get her into that wonky lil' statue that Scarcity gave us before this all went up the creek. I think we left it at your house earlier.

And you know, take it from somepony who have been taken as a vessel twice now: The nightmares are nothing. Annoying, but you'll manage, and it's not like it'll happen to anypony. Just if she get's sealed into somepony again.

Now getting trapped in yourself, and have her willingly let you see everything that she does with your body... That's the real punishment she can give you. Not a faith I'd wish upon my worst enemy."

A small shiver went through him as the first memory of seeing the atrocities Emerald did through his eyes came to mind. It was cruel to make him watch that, but that'd been her point. She wanted to break him and get full hold after all. Well, she had suceeded. If Giddon hadn't come around...

"But that's then, this here's now. And I for one are all game for making things right by stopping her, and beat out some info on your mom's situation. For what it's worth, you got my word on that, Astral."

Chow would give Astral a friendly push on her shoulder as he said this, with a big grin on his muzzle, before leaning back on the bench and spread his front hooves on the back panel to get a good stretch. Seemed like they got the fire to keep going now. Just needed to figure out what to do next.

==================================

@FanOfManyShows

Emerald were silent for a good while after Sapphire was done talking, and just kept adding more to the elixir. A golden thread, four hairs of an albino rat, and a half, pickled bat wing to top it off, which she crushed in the pot to make sure it really got into the matted gold liquid that were now swirling in the bottom, nearly complete.

"...I never wanted to admit that I failed. Not to myself, and certainly not to you, sister.

The blood couldn't fix me, just make me seem stronger, so I had to put all my faith in the elements, and whatever dark magic I could use to extend myself. I knew it took it's toll on me, but I never realized it caused my condition in the progress. I guess we can see what happens then when you mix undeath with blood for too long. Seems like you were right that it would cause side effects."

It seemed far fetched to trust Sapphire on this, but Emerald desperately wanted to. It made sense enough, and it would explain the erratic behavior her sister had sported near the end, before they split. The element she had were testing her, and getting even an inkling of the others near her were taking its toll.

It did not excuse leaving Emerald behind without a word, but it would explain it, as depressing as it were to realize that whatever they had done, this would have been her fate one way or another.

"How does your new family fit into all of this? What part did they play in the grand scheme of things? Were it just to replace me, or did that intangible emotion they call *love* drag you towards some random stallion, and you ended with a spawn? Or was he were you went, after you left? I always suspected you weren't out there alone, even if I never saw you until... That day.

And you know I will ask too how you died, and why you didn't tell either of them how to bring you back. They seem strong. Surely they'd have the raw power to ressurect you from the horcrux."

Emerald could have gone on to say how Sappbire was wrong in not being fractured into the horcrux, as the items were quite literally where you put part of yourself in to keep on going, but there were more pressing things going on than to correct her sister.

Now, it may be that the pieces in the gem and Sapphire herself had gathered after her death, as the two parts were close, but unless Sapphire had wandered around as a soulless abomination, she had to be split up to be in both the gem, and her body, and her fleshy self being without a soul seemed unlikely. She would've been incapable of feeling anything if that had happened.

============================

@FanOfManyShows

"Then proceed to the forge, and retrieve it if it is done. Considering Benny's injuries, you may need to gain it from the twins."

"If he went to the infirmity as he was asked, then he should at least be patched up well enough to supervise. With the work needed after the attack, I think we'll find him out there in one capacity or another."

"Agreed, but nothing is certain. You will see when you get there."

With that, Dew would go with Wings to the forge whilst Screecher began the preparations. The forge were as always near the training ground and so warm that touching the door with your bare hoof were ill advised. Knocking with a shoe, boot, or the door hammer, would be the best option.

================================

@Rising Dusk

"Hah, that's Blitz alright. Always been a problem for her to sit down and relax for all that long. Her brain's always in motion, so unless she gets dotted on all the time, she'll end up not sleeping at all, and just keep on working 'til she drops. Not that healthy unfortunately.

Mom had a duality about it though. On one hoof, she were worried about Blitz, and did what she could to get her into a proper sleep schedule, and not meddle around the workshop. Yet on the other, she were about as proud as could be. While she never met him, Blitz is exactly like out grandpa used to be, and mom always adored him. Blitz have the same reckless, scatterbrained attitude to everything, same energy issues, and the love for explosives. Not something mom wanted to suppress in one of her kids, so it was a balance act."

It was easier for him to talk about this sort of thing when he were working. It helped distancing him from it a little he supposed, so it didn't threaten to bring him to tears when he spoke about their mother. His voice still cracked some though, every time he mentioned her.

"Y'know, this is gonna take a while officer. You might as well grab a seat, or wander off and see if there's any crooks 'round the area. No need to expect you to stand there and grow roots."

"𝕀𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕤, 𝕀 𝕗𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨. 𝕄𝕪 𝕡𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕝."

Felicia chipped in about her plans, which didn't seem to please Molotov all that much. He might've not heard everything because of the hammering, but it wasn't hard to guess what her deal was.

"Don't even think about it. You'll stay put until I'm ready to take you out there on a leash."

She rose her front legs and hissed towards her creator, which were mostly drowned out by the sound of a hammer impacting against metal.

"𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕨, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕕, 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕒𝕝. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕨𝕤. 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕟-𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕒𝕝."

"Let's see if that attitude is still there when you need to get repairs.

Sorry 'bout that Dusky. Impatient pile of metal over there is just having none of the patience. Ignore her for a while unless you're wanting to get an earful again.

So, what's your plan mate?"

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Lucid looked at the sand sphinx, then at Anomaly, then at the sphinx again, then right back at Anomaly.

"Alright, trying to eat the sand sphinx will probably just make it mad, but I wanna see how this goes."

Lucid really wanted to see how this sand cat would act when really angry, maybe he'd get to fight something.

"Hopefully it gets angry so I can fight it. I've been wanting to fight something all day!"

He really liked to use his reality warping to mess with his opponents.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich 

"Anomaly, Lucid, wait! Is angering the sphinx really the best thing to do right now?"

Back to thinking it out. If going along the wrong path is going to take the group around, then that could either be the left or the right. But if what the sphinx said is true, and that the paths are already set, would that mean.... 

"Twilight, everyone, can we talk about this? I have a hunch that neither the left or right paths are going to the temple. The sphinx said it: the wrong path will take us around and we'd end up here. If that is the case, then taking either the left or right paths will have us walk in a circle. We would need to walk a few hundred meters forward instead to reach the temple! Umm... does anypony want to offer another suggestion?"

Fluttershy made herself appear smaller, perhaps about to shy away thinking she made some error in logic despite her growing excitement. She didn't think to try using her wings to get up high and see if her hunch is correct. The sphinx might try to obscure her vision with a sandstorm if she tried but she wouldn't know. It didn't cross her mind. Angel thought along with her and attempted to try and solve this riddle himself, but hearing his owner's fairly sound solution, he considered drawing it on the sand. Seeing Lotus waving nearby, the white bunny hopped down to meet up with her. His resulting squeaking and bodily gestures let the pink bunny know to hold off on doing anything for now, even drawing a little diorama as a visual aid. A hypothetical box to show the temple with a second one around it to show the path, right before it has an 'x' to mark where everyone is currently standing. Fluttershy had something going and it would be best they wait until something comes of it. He has enough faith in the pegasus to know she can be clever when the opportunity calls for it. 

==========================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"I'll be careful, Sen. And to make sure it's really me, I'm plucking one of your scales off when we meet again later."

Sen's concerned expression quickly turned into one of surprise and irritation. Even let out a really noticeable pout the moment he hears of Lin's plan. "Really? Our scales don't grow back quickly, you know."

"Mine probably won't grow back ever again but I'm not complaining," Lin playfully replied before walking towards Rosa. "I'm ready. Let's get this over with."

The longma hybrid tugged on the rope, checking on the knots to make sure they were tight. Then to the moss, fashioning them into plugs that will hopefully dampen any sound coming from the swamp folk. If those things could conjure up illusions to lure travelers away from the main path, what would they look like without their tricks? Lin shudders at this thought, maybe it might keep her mind wandering all night. But then there was also the matter regarding Rosa's brother. It was a strange thing to suddenly cross her mind but along with the random thought coming to her was the possibility of helping him out further. Lin and Sen both just want to go home but there was that urge to do something more for him, even if it will take some more time away from helping out Elder Ghilan. 

It was something to consider on her part, and she'd have to ask Sen as well. Even Omen should be in on this discussion. Whatever their decision would be is better discussed around a camp fire. Maybe she should learn more about Rosa's brother before thinking about this further. For now, she steeled herself for what is to come in the swamps.

Edited by EQ_Theta