Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Lucid_Nightlight

Discord looked to where the bunny was frantically pointing and raised a brow, "Well this won't do at all." The entity said with some distaste, having to reign in his temper briefly as he noticed the situation. The chaos spirit promptly teleported over, now dressed in a snazzy suit and monocle, and opened one side of the cage like a door, giving a slightly showy bow to Fluttershy. "Would you care for some tea, my dearest friend?" He asked with a friendly grin, gesturing towards a table laid out nearby.. upside down. the tablecloth situated on the stem under the flipped table somehow supporting the whole table's worth of tea supplies without any noticeable form of support.

(Think like a table flipped over, with one of those single center with prongs support systems.. and then a tablecloth over that middle bit, but flat and spread out like it would be on a table.)

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

One by one, the other ponies and assorted beings were trapped, chained, and given to Onache to hold as slaves. A small part of her deal set in effect by the sphinx, who seemed to have cracked the mystery of her head wear. How quaint.

Honestly, she focused more on the ones she had been given. It were not her usual style, yet still, it were amusing nonetheless, and it got the changeling queen - and in extension, the sphinx - controlled beings. Although Onache would refuse to touch any chain given to her that were connected to Fluttershy. Quite frankly, the fact that that particular pony had been trapped, made Onache grimace more than anything else, as she knew that something wee going to come from this, and that it would likely be bad. Discord would be unlikely to not have something to say and/or do in retaliation.

"Let this be the start of something greater then, sphinx."

The Sphinx smiled and turned to her, "Hmmm, Do you wish to be something greater? To have as much power as myself perhaps? To change the world with the flick of a tail. I could give you that without any conditions at all. You seem to have earned it with this victory after all and I do reward those that achieve greatness" she added blinking down at her, "unless your too scared to take me up on my offer, I won't make it twice" she remarked.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:39 AM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Seeing the Sphinx threaten to drop the moon if he escaped did bother him at first, didn't scare him due to reasons he wasn't dumb enough to tell the sphinx, but he was bothered.

Then suddenly a lightbulb appeared above Lucid's head, which he ate, then a calculator appeared in his hoof.

"Ok, the surface area of the largest continent in the human world is 44,391,162 square kilometers while the moon is only about 38 million square kilometers. All human continents put together should be about 148,998,799 square kilometers, and that's if I'm low-balling it. This would be the size of a supercontinent if I'm low-balling this."

Lucid ate the calculator and a grin appeared on his face. He looked up at to the moon, back at the sphinx, back to the moon, and back to the sphinx.

"Y'know, I really wish I realized this sooner. I could escape now, but the chains kinda make me look cool, so I'll be civil and wait until the deal is over."

The moon started darting around the sky like crazy as Lucid laughed. He had fun with the moon for a good minute before he looked back at the sphinx. For some reason, Lucid seemingly stopped caring about how tense the situation was and he began to talk... A LOT!

"It must really suck for you knowing that my power works a little differently than the others leaving you to resorting to trying to scare me away from using it to escape. Oh! We should fight sometime! Wouldn't that be fun? Not to the death of course, killing you is a bit of a last resort that I'd rather not do, I may be crazy, but I'm not insane. Oh, I also have a draconequus friend with some feline features and she's REALLY attractive! I even made her this weird animal hybrid today to give to her as a gift when I ask her out! Also, I suggest getting a hobby, you seem to have too much time on your paws. Ever tried buying those singing cacti toys at giftshops? I collect a lot of them and they are the coolest thing ever!"

Why was Lucid saying all this? Probably because he likes to talk about things. Besides, it's better than him turning things into mimes and dropping anvils

The Sphinx blinked and frowned, "I don't get out much, whole enslavement to the temple deal. Sort of a buzz kill really" she remarked. She flicked her tail, "oh you can escape, but if you do that you would have earned strike three which is this time" she said pulling out a magical book. "Oh floor is lava, how quaint" she snorted, she hated that and shut her big book of rules. "you stay in the cage, or everything starts melting" she growled.

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

"Why would you do this? You asked us to help you figure out what's wrong with your crown and this is how you respond?" Fluttershy asked, clearly distressed about how quickly things have changed from just a moment ago. 

She Blinked, "Me? Well orders are orders, I got a job to do after all. If I didn't do it then well, the Temple does it. And it doesn't follow a elaborate set of rules like me" she remarked flicking her tail. "I am more diplomatic then my Temple, if a deal is made within it, then it has be carry it out, If I fail to do so well bad things happen" she remarked. 

18 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Don't worry, the sphinx already said she'd make us a deal for our freedom! Besides, even if she were lying us, there's still me with my power working in a different way than everyone else and safe from the sphinx due to the whole stick thing, and then there's Discord who is just too powerful to be suppressed and I will admit, Discord is likely more powerful than all of us combined. Good thing he's on our side."

*Cough* "yeah but you both follow rules, I follow rules, my master doesn't, keep that in mind ya, just pipe down and be a slave for awhile" she remarked.

13 minutes ago, Storm Shine said:

Discord looked to where the bunny was frantically pointing and raised a brow, "Well this won't do at all." The entity said with some distaste, having to reign in his temper briefly as he noticed the situation. The chaos spirit promptly teleported over, now dressed in a snazzy suit and monocle, and opened one side of the cage like a door, giving a slightly showy bow to Fluttershy. "Would you care for some tea, my dearest friend?" He asked with a friendly grin, gesturing towards a table laid out nearby.. upside down. the tablecloth situated on the stem under the flipped table somehow supporting the whole table's worth of tea supplies without any noticeable form of support.

The Sphinx blinked at Discord, "And you let her out?" she grumbled, she glanced up at her Temple which was now glowing. "Great, Just Great" she growled at his interference. She got her big book out and started reading the back bit. "hmm so shiny temple is bad, great. Lets see, hmmm, Fluttershy back in that cage now" she growled as the sand slowly started to get warmer. She was in a very angry mood and for good reason.

"You got 10 seconds before the temple floor turns to lava, before any of you say we are not in the temple. We are" she remarked.

She then climbed on the floating table since it wasn't on the floor. 

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Lucid_Nightlight

Discord harrumphed as if he were an annoyed noble, "Fine then, we'll just have to have our tea time inside." He remarked before enlarging the inside of the cage to the size of a large room, bringing the tea-table and other tea related items inside, and then slamming the 'door' in a mock huff. "Anyways.." The chaos spirit began speaking to Fluttershy cheerfully, as though he hadn't just been acting upset, "Would you like some biscuits with your tea?"

5 minutes ago, Storm Shine said:

Discord harrumphed as if he were an annoyed noble, "Fine then, we'll just have to have our tea time inside." He remarked before enlarging the inside of the cage to the size of a large room, bringing the tea-table and other tea related items inside, and then slamming the 'door' in a mock huff. "Anyways.." The chaos spirit began speaking to Fluttershy cheerfully, as though he hadn't just been acting upset, "Would you like some biscuits with your tea?"

The ground stopped being hot, and the Sphinx sat down "phew, im getting too old for this"

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Lava? That stuff goes good with coffee!"

Lucid took a cup and filled it with lava then took a sip. It was pretty good. He then finished it and threw the plastic cup at Anomaly. He felt a little bad for her.

"Eat this, it'll temporarily give you a small fraction of my power. It's not enough for you to escape sadly, but it should be enough for you to have fun while we wait for the deal and we get freed."

He looked over to the sphinx.

"So, how long until the deal is made? A couple minutes? Couple hours? If it's any longer than two hours then I demand at least minimum wage!"

A watch appeared and he looked at the time.

"Also, I got stuff to do the day after tomorrow here in this Universe. Gotta buy some supplies for my standup comedy gig next week, get things for Pringle's birthday for the week after, then I gotta visit a grave. So, can we speed his deal along?"

His ears went down a little at the grave part despite trying to hide any negative emotion.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get to that castle... thing and check that place out!" Said Mike dashing away in the direction of the castle (He had seen it from the train) with a slight skip in his gate. He slowed down to a reasonable pace and looked back at Sorrow.

"You know, before I got here, I didn't know there even was a castle here. Did the mayor decide he wanted to live large and build one? It takes quite a while to build something like a castle."

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @BloodDrops @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

So the temple has a mind of its own? Or possibly enchanted to follow deals made within its walls? An interesting way to put it simply, though this kind of magic may be overridden depending on who could've casted it. Then again, maybe it might not and the way magic works in this place is a little different from the rest of Equestria in general. But if going by what the Sphinx hinted at, that the temple is much larger than the rest of the visible structure, then it might be more complicated than that. For now, Fluttershy just looked at the tea set Discord presented, drinking some as she was thirsty but would preferably have their attention on getting out. 

"Discord, I appreciate you putting this here but isn't getting out of here and solving this problem with the Sphinx a more pressing matter? I wouldn't know where to start." 

"Oh don't worry about that Fluttershy." Discord grinned as he began to quietly explain, "We just need to let the Sphinx complete her deal. Until that's done, her magic binds her to do so. And trust me, breaking a deal or oath enforced by magical means can bring.. Unpleasant consequences, even for one such as me." He chuckled, "That's why I rarely bind any deals with magic- though I believe such a thing is simply part of a sphinx's nature."

Discord munched on his tea, the tea within the cup defying physics to stay within the cup despite the chunks being taken out of the porcelain. "And once she's done whatever she promised, she'll no longer have to help or see to anything beyond that. So, for example.. Say she promised to provide all of Equestria as slaves for that changeling." He gestured vaguely, "Once she's put every pony in collars or confinement for the changeling, she'll likely no longer be bound to help- Any who would escape or free others would no longer be her concern." Discord winked at his friend conspiratorially. "So all we need to do is relax and wait. And if I'm wrong..." The draconequus shrugged, "Well, I'll still be here for you." 

@Rising Dusk

"𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟."

Despite the rocky start, Felicia were starting to feel somewhat calmer around Rusty, as the talk went on. Seeing the mare as a creator eased the process for the large spiderbot, and by all accounts, she were a good one too.

Of course, beings of flesh had other codes and conducts than mechanical ones - so far at least - but as Molotov had clearly shown her, ponies were not above restricting others, even of their own blood. She could see it constantly when it came to the interactions between Blitz and her creator too, with Molotov trying to keep her inside the building, and wouldn't leave her alone if they did wander outside, often going on to keeping her on a leash.

He had his reasons for his control issues, yet Felicia still considered them too illogical to count towards everything in his life, including her situation, so seeing a more sensible creator were pleasing to her. Rusty seemed to have gotten over their initial bad encounter and embraced things well too, so all things considered, this were going positively.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦, ℝ𝕦𝕤𝕥. ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕪 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖.

ℂ𝕒𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕡 𝕪𝕒𝕣𝕕? 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕠 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕝? 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕡𝕦𝕣𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕖, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕝."

Three outsiders had entered Felicia's life now, and though Blitz had not fallen in her best grace, Dusky and Rusty had both shown themselves to be good, generally accepting ponies. The positive experiences were making Felicia feel great curiosity now, instead of the high level of awareness she had entered this scrapyard with, the more she spoke with Rusty, and made her want to stay out here and interact some more. At least until Dusky would have to leave. Without a translator  Felicia would be seen upon as a threat to ponies, and not one who were likely to be allowed to web a response before some negative response came her way  forcing her to defend herself. Not a good outcome, as she were definitely a threat to ponies if it came down to it. She had been build to handle things stronger and sturdier than them after all, though she didn't want it to get to that.

Dusky had told her to follow the law, and though she didn't know much of it, hurting ponies were likely against it. After all he had done for her, she did not want to dissapoint him by becoming something that had to be taken down. It would go both against her want to see this world, and the trust he had put in her.

======================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Heh, nice gator impression."

Berry shook her head clear off the worst water and grinned at the siren. Considering how big these things were in the stories she had been shown when she grew up, this one were almost cute in it. Not dangerous at all either, or Berry wouldn't be drawing air into her lungs right now. So why not try to be friendly for the time being? At least until she found out if the siren was a robot, or another slave of the machine she were sure were out here.

"Lots of animals and ponies get drawn to some sort of song out here, so I've come to figure out what it was. Everything points to it being a mind controlling device put there by... The Conspiracy..."

Berry glanced from side to side as she said that, seeing if somepony were gonna try and jump her as she said that. Agents of The Conspiracy were in a lot of places after all, and this were a supposed site for one of their monstrous machinations.

"Buuut then you're suddenly here, so you know, is it you singing instead? Do you protect the machine? I don't care unless you're a robot or collect ponies for trophies really. Sirens aren't that scary compared to them. Believe me, I've seen their grip on everything, and that's something to Really fear.

So come on, tell me what's going on. I'm not dangerous."

She looked to the side and saw the hammer  then pointed and giggled.

"That's just for robots. You don't hammer living beings. That's something crazy ponies do."

Yeah yeah, this was a siren and *Oh, but they're so dangerous* and bla. bla. bla. Phooey to that. The three old ones might've been, but this was a little one - by their kinds standards - that sounded more scared by Berry's presence before than the other way around, so what was there to be afraid of? Their race in general? Pffff, that were just silly talk. Nopony were evil just because of what they were. Ponies had done lots of things that were technically horrendous, and they weren't all evil.

=====================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"So you want anything of value that's not nailed down, eh? You sure you ain't a dragon, Red?"

Spicy looked at the mare with a smirk on her face, glancing over the greedy gal she had just accused of being a dragon, as if looking for some kind of flaw in her defenses. Analysing her every look with a trained scrutiny as the sevonds passed slowly by.

Then, after about six seconds, Spicy's smirk went into a grin, and her look eased up.

"Heh, that'd be a first if you were."

Spicy had been around the block for a good chunk of her life now  and she had seen a whole bunch of crazy stuff, yet a dragon changing forms? Not in her expertise, unless the scaled wonder in question had some help from an array of cursed or enchanted objects, but the odds of that were on the low side. This were more likely just a mare with a want for a quick cash grab to line her own pockets. A mare after Spicy's heart.

"You know, if you don't mind getting your hooves dirty, we do have something on hand."

Marley wasn't the one in charge, but he had walked with Spicy for a long time, and knew when to spot an opportunistic, greedy being who looked for that big score after a while. Usually he stepped in there to then get them to scram, but this one seemed different. Potentially useful even, but not if the boss kept playing with her and she scurried off.

"That ain't none of her business."

"Are you sure? Because from where I'm standing, it sounds like she's game for just about anything, long as she ends up loaded with gold and other assorted riches. I'm sure she wouldn't mind a little detour and a bit of legwork for wealth and opportunity. Isn't that true, madame?"

Marley gave a nod toward the unknown mare, while Spicy gave him the stink eye. Wasn't the first time, and wouldn't be the last either, yet he felt like the mare were snailing this along too much. They were clearly dealing with a morally questionable female here, and that could well prove profitable for all of them. Less so if she wandered off out of boredom, which were likely something Spicy knew was true as well. Otherwise she would've been threatening him about cutting his pay again. She were predictable like that.

=====================================

@EQ_Theta

So they had a plan then, that was good. Exactly what they needed upon the day they just had were a routine and a plan to get them back on track, and cool their heads. They just had to gather their strength first.

That seemed to not be a kindness bestowed upon them, as a nearby bush rustled and the siblings got into a fighting stance. Rosa hesitated, but followed suit and grabbed hold of one of his smaller knives. To think that he had been unaware and unprepared for an attack longer than the siblings... He really were off his game right now for his training and reflexes to be beaten like that. Sen and Lin were good at sensing things out here too of course, but he had been trained to react on something like this with an instantaneous response, and not this delayed mess. He should have at least been ready along with them.

The battering of his own competence levels came to a halt as he saw the white and golden refraction charge out of the bush, screaming off the only word he knew, and playfully attacked Sen. The longma in turn began to play along, which Shrimp responded to in kind by hissing at any extremity reached towards it, and slither around the longma's legs some more to avoid getting caught. Not a playful attitude the little thing had always had towards Sen, but the days without Omen before all of this started had gotten him closer to him, and as he had been the closest, Shrimp had gone for him. He still preferred Lin or Omen, but that had to do with the smell of Omen's kind, who he imprinted on first.

While that went on, Omen came wandering through said bush too, looking somewhat worse for the wear than when last they saw her, and apparently looking for her pet, who had slithered off Sen again as it looked like Lin wanted to pick him up and put her on her head. The little thing weren't the tiny creature that had once been able to hide completely in hair anymore, after all the gems it had eaten from, but it was still pretty small, could fit easily on Lin's head, and barely weighed anything.

Omen in the meantime, tilted her head to the right as Sen talked, trying to soak in what he were talking about.

"Days are longer now? Have Master Discord changed it again?"

"No, he means it have felt like a long day."

Normally he'd consider having to deal with Omen again to be part of it, but frankly, she were a sight for sore eyes. As much as she were intelligently problematic, her gates provided some strength, and her lack of need to sleep provided them with a second night guard, to make things safer. They were truly gathering their strength now, though much as Sen had asked: Where were Belladonna? Rosa had felt his heart skip a beat in anticipation for her arrival, when Omen had shown, but there didn't seem to be anypony following her.

"Strange feeling."

So now days could feel longer too? They'd always felt the same to her, ever since Discord had first been turned into stone, and time became fluent. A disturbing development she frankly didn't like, but had gotten used to over the years, and now it seemed like time didn't have to be long to feel longer... She'd have to think about that later.

"Belladonna went to Canterlot. Said she had things to do. Told me to give you something."

She turned towards Rosa and just stood still, making him unsure what she were on about as the seconds ticked by. He were almost saying something about it when her muzzle opened, and her prehensile tongue carried a small, well used book, wrapped in cloth, out of her open maw, and held it towards him. It were the first time he recalled seeing this side of her, though it honestly wasn't the weirdest he had seen from her. Still strange, but he found himself questioning how the cloth were completely dry more than the tongue, and apparent ability to store a book in her stomach.

Taking hold of it, her tongue released, but took the cloth back, which she began to slowly chew on. Like a rabbit eating a salad leaf in slow motion. Rosa ruffled through a few pages, them grimaced and closed it again.

"It's another of Filigree's diaries."

"We were in a strange place with many beings. Some said they were heroes. Remember seeing the muscle unicorn there. Didn't know anypony else.

Belladonna said a lot of big words to somepony. Pale one with glasses she called brother. Other one with a sword, and weird hair too. Talking happened, and Belladonna left with family pony. Told me to wait for her there. Ate warm rocks when she left, until the others said no. They said flaming coal were dangerous.

Belladonna came back lots of later, and we went to a strange room. Dusty, lots of books. Like the old castle, but small.

She looked for a book, and told me to look at the door. She didn't want family inside. Didn't tell me why when I asked. Strange thing.

Book was found, and she wanted to go home, then I look for you. Was close, but Shrimp ran away. Had to find him. Found you too."

It was a bit of a mess, and the details were scarce, but it were likely the best they could get from Omen without asking for specifics, and even then, it may well be the best regardless. It got the gist through though, that Belladonna had run into her brother, an argument of sorts seemed to have gone on, and then she left Omen for an undisclosed amount of time, before she came back and they looked for the book. If looking for the book or being away took the longest were uncertain, but either one or both had been the cause of this taking so long it seemed.

It also covered why Omen looked so singed, as she had been eating flaming coal, though knowing how didn't make it anymore sensible.

"You need help making a camp?"

Omen's response to being dusted off as she were were at first nothing, as she didn't know why Sen did that, but eventually she thought it to be some kind of greeting and began trying to dust him too, and otherwise attempting to mimic what else he did. She were bad with brohooves, hugs, waves, and generally any other kind of normal ways to greet others, so perhaps she could learn this one.

=============================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

The stallion might have a run up, but Sorrow had the benefit of being taller, and with wings, so keeping up with him through the busy streets were surprisingly easy. Not that he ran far before slowing down though, which had surprised her some. She had assumed he'd bolt as well as he could towards the castle.

"The mayor, building a castle? Hehehe, that was a good one Mike. It was the princess. You know, Twilight... Something. I haven't seen her, but I've heard that she had a hoof in getting this crystal palace made without anypony building it. Kinda weird looking place, right?"

=============================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @BloodDrops @Lucid_Nightlight @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji @Storm Shine

This was getting insane for Lotus.

First the mare and her had been locked in here, Angel left from the other side of the door, and then said mare apologized for getting them in there. Something which did cause the bunny to stop kicking the door, but only so that she could turn around, and look up at Fluttershy with a *are you serious?* look on her face. It wasn't the mare's fault they were locked in here. It was Pumpkin Head and her sidekick, Admiral Doofus, that had gotten them into this mess.

Then all of a sudden, there were a hole in the box, opened by Discord, and Lotus ran out like there was no tomorrow. None to soon either, as suddenly, Discord and the mare ended up alone in a now-closed box again, and the bunny resorted to punching the upside of her own head and jump in frustration whilst chittering as loud as she could, with some of the worst profanities she knew of. Everything about this was stupid. Not just those two, but the others as well.

Firs the large winged cat talked to the mean-looking changeling about granting her more power, which the changeling in question had politely declined, stating something along the lines of *Nothing comes for free*, which were pretty true, but she still deserved several fluffy kicks to the head. Didn't matter if she were smart enough to know that she'd be paying for such power one way or another, she were still a meanie, and glanced at Lotus like she wanted to stomp the bunny.

The sphinx then talked about lava on the ground and the temple being her master, which caused some reaction from the others, but little from Anomaly, that just kept on her belly in the sand and looking all sullen. Sot he clown had gone from annoying to useless, just because of a stupid necklace. Why didn't she just smash that big pumpkin and slide it off or something? Stupid plant head.

And Lucid... Don't even get her started on that mess of irresponsibility. The only reason Lotus wasn't currently trying to kick everything not nailed down into his face, from everything that he had caused, were the sheer annoyance and frustration made it difficult for her to find a point in doing anything but standing around and venting off into the air. Wasn't like anyone listened to her anyway, because no one ever listened to the bunny. Not a single one.

If they had, perhaps she would have screamed some more at Lucid when he threw lava towards the draconequus that were partially made of plant matter! And what happened? She caught fire. Because out of everything here, what they needed were somepony catching fire now too! It might have not lasted long and didn't do too much damage, as only a little had been left in the cup/Lucid put it out (either one), but on what planet did it seem smart to throw fire at plants? Or plastic for that matter? She was a bunny from a brutish island inhabited by dragons, and even she knew that plastic were bad for nature. Anomaly didn't even touch it, but just poked to it with her tongue, whilst letting off a few puffs of smoke from her maw. The later part seemed to amuse her slightly, but not enough to detract from the chain. She did start to laugh a little though, when a bowl came towards Lucid's head from Lotus kicking the mostly empty water bowl she had been bathing in before straight at him, as she finally had enough and wanted to vent at him in particular.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Lucid watch as a tiny drop of lava got Anomaly. He glad it didn't do too much damage. He still felt a little bad about that since he considers Anomaly a friend. The bowl hit him in the head, but he wasn't too bothered. He turned the cup into a some a banana peel to see if she'd eat it.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't think there was any lava left in it!"

To lighten the mood, Lucid stomped his hoof and it began to snow inside the temple. He then threw a snowball at Anomaly knowing she'd be looking for something to do.

"Snowball fight!"

A little ball of light appeared over Pringle to keep him warm, he was taking a nap next to Lucid, who was in the same cage. Even creatures with the hardest of hearts would see the lizard as the cutest little thing.

@Blitz Boom
Nada listened everything the pony had to say before even making a sound, some things she said confused her "Firstly, I'm the only one singing around here, and to my knowledge I have lost my mind control powers long time before even coming here." Nada didn't even try to sound friendly, at this point she was still mostly careful...and annoyed "Secondly, and most importantly....." ".....I have no idea what you're talking about." "Besides water and the bottom, I'm the only thing in the lake, there isn't fish or plants here, in fact, there is not even a single stone or piece of wood in here, and...." "....I have no idea what a robot is, and I don't think machines can be made to brainwash anything, how would you do that with gears anyways?" she could tell that this pony was.....special, and maybe it was a good thing, but she wasn't sure how to think about her talk about robots and a mind control machine, how long have I been here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though it didn't show outside in any way, Ruby was worried for a second after Spicy asked if she was really a dragon, she just smirked like Spicy had made a joke, hiding her emotions and other things that could reveal her was the first thing Ruby had learned after the transformation itself, after all, it wouldn't be too good of a disguise if she went to panic every time she heard word dragon. 

She didn't show feelings at first when Marley mentioned about the possible deal, but when Spicy said it was not her business, she became visibly curious, because naturally Ruby wanted to make it her business, she didn't want to be left out, especially if there was a change to get some treasure, or well treasure wasn't necessary the right word, she didn't give a crap about the value of things, she only cared if it looked nice and shiny. "It indeed is..." "..Marley" Ruby agreed, she almost called him bird "As long as I won't get banished somewhere for rest of my life because of it, I'll do anything to grow my....personal value, if it's worth it of course." the key part was rest of her life, because little banishment of some tens of years wouldn't be but a blink of time if she gained something from it.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

“Oh, we can, this invention I’m working on is more for the Unicorns and Earth Ponies who use the cloud walking spell,” Watts explained with a smile. She rubbed her cheek in her hoof before beginning to look through her saddlebags for something.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

“I didn’t even know that Queen Chrysalis had fallen,” Aurora replied in quiet. “She seemed so unstoppable to me. And no, I didn’t take Thorax’s offer because I had no idea that it existed either. I’ve been living in Griffonstone up until six months ago,” she told Onache, her voice growing slightly with each word, despite fearing that she could be enslaved like the others.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

“Is the future where I tell you, or the one I don’t?” Karmic asked Enzio simply, sitting down. She flicked her tail to wrap around herself and thought on it. There was the complete possibility that Enzio didn’t care, that Enzio was just hiding his time, or simply bold. After a few moments, she gave a shrug. “Turns out it is. I bonded with a changeling slime thing that had been trapped in a box for Millenia.”

@Blitz Boom, @BloodDrops, @Seamore Sandwich, @Moonlit, @EQ_Theta, @Lucid_Nightlight, @Storm Shine

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

“Why...” Twilight trailed off even though her wings were fluttering in a panic. “What kind of deal makes you lose power and gain power depending on whether you enslave ponies!?” She took a good look around where they were and groaned. “Never mind all that. How can we get out of this?” She muttered more to herself than to the Sphinx. She watched the floor and the other trapped ponies of the group. ‘Is that a ... I need to think. Stop getting distracted!

Edited by Dji

@Blitz Boom 

Mike raised an eyebrow at Sorrow’s answer. 

“There’s another one of those princesses? I thought there were only two. Of em’ you know, the sunny one and the dark one. Not real great people. I had go chase after one of their precious gems at one point. Not a fun experience.” He said, shaking his head slightly. He looked up to find the castle in front of the two, it’s vaguely tree-like structure shining in the sunlight. He stopped in his tracks. 

”I’ve only seen buildings like this in the Crystal Empire when I was younger. You say that this didn’t take years of work? This is amazing.” Said Mike, with a big grin on his face. 

“And it’s just open to the public, eh? What are we waiting for? Let’s get inside!”

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @BloodDrops @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

Having Discord around for comfort isn't exactly a bad thing, more so right now. She enjoys his company, and right now with them trapped, that was making things a little more bearable. But how long would they have to wait until something more positive happens? Fluttershy is generally unable to do anything that can lead to some form of progress, what with magic in the temple being influenced externally, the sphinx being bound by a magically-binding agreement and being more inclined to follow the restrictions to the letter. If anything, it was a waiting game for her, and so far, the slavery part looks more like an extended prison sentence. Not a bad thing in perspective but that isn't saying much. 

"Discord, I don't think any of us would want to wait until the terms of the deal are complete. Isn't there something like a loophole that could meet the terms of the deal? Or am I thinking into this too much and something bad might happen?"

===============================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

Sen chuckled as Omen was dusting him off, not that it was a bizarre thing to do but it was one of those quirks that made her endearing. Of course, he probably should tell her it wasn't necessary but he decided against it for now. Somehow, it might be a nice thing having a method of identifying her, in the possibility of someone making clones of them. A very unlikely thing but after seeing the kinds of things they get themselves into, who knows what could happen? It's a thing just for them and what better to do than to bask in the bizarre. 

"It's good to hear Belladonna's safe. Let's find a clearing before setting up camp. I think there's one not too far ahead. We'll settle there for the evening and I can tell you more about what's been going on."

Lin smiled and handed Shrimp back to Omen while Sen started walking ahead, having likely spotted a fairly suitable spot for them to rest. Sizable, fairly simple to place traps and wards around to keep intruders away, a nice view of the moonlit sky for stargazing if anyone is into that. There wasn't much for them to want other than having some ample supplies needed to start a fire and maybe build a fire pit if there were some rocks around. He led on and kept a steady pace until he found a fairly open clearing matching the kind he had in mind. It was a fair bit further away but it was a promising choice. But on Lin's end, she slowed her pace and hoped to take Rosa aside for a moment. With Sen and Omen ahead, she could use this time to let him know about her plans after this matter with Filigree. 

"Rosa, I know I'm getting ahead of myself right now but if it is alright with you, could we help you look for your brother? I mean, I understand that we need to settle things with Filigree first but after that.... Ok, maybe there's time to discuss that later. What was in that diary Omen brought? Could it help make a case against Filigree?"

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Blitz Boom @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Dji @Seamore Sandwich

Lucid overheard Fluttershy and Discord talking. He assumed Discord was doing alright, but he did notice Fluttershy who seemed to not be doing as well.

"If it helps you at all, we are getting out of here soon. I'm hoping to solve this peacefully without anyone getting seriously hurt, but if the deal isn't made soon, has bad terms, is broken, or isn't made... we may have to resort to violence."

He looked to Discord.

"She is right, you know. Looking for a loophole would be a good idea. Another idea is that maybe we could take her crown. Remember before I ate the stick? You said there was a loophole to it's rules. Of course, the stick has nothing to do with this, but the crown may have a similar concept.

He looked at the crown as if he were thinking about something. He then looked back to Discord.

"She said if the crown goes completely dark, she will be powerless. If my theory is correct, that crown could be a source of her power. This is just a theory, but if I'm right, perhaps you could absorb its power since it's a physical object. Chances are, you are likely more powerful than the sphinx, so you could probably absorb her crown. But this is only if the crown is the source of her power."

Lucid had the power for this, but he lacked the experience. He did not know how to absorb power that did not belong to him, he could only take back power that decided to temporarily lend to someone, so if anyone was gonna do this, it'd have to be Discord.

"Of course, we could wait and see where this deal goes before trying this."

Discord hummed, "Well often magically enforced deals do still have loopholes for the determined and the clever." He allowed, carefully chewing a piece of marble. "How easy that is depends on the wording and the type. Typically, a written contract enforced with magic will follow the word of the agreement as it is written, allowing one to potentially complete the contract by following the words on the page. For example, a written contract to a racer. The stipulation to end the contract is that the racer must cross the finish line, but if it's not written how many times they must cross, or if it must be at the start or end of the race, or other details often taken for granted, they could technically cross the line once in a moonwalk, then run off into the sunset and still come out of the contract alright."

Discord took a few sips of salt to wet his throat, "Meanwhile a verbal deal often follows the spirit or intent of the agreement." The chaos spirit continued, "Which can make it easier or harder to get out of, depending on the deal made. In order for the deal to complete, one or both parties must complete or receive whatever was agreed upon, in the manner originally expected by the party that the portion of the contract is being done for. The how doesn't matter if it's not agreed upon, but the end result is the most important thing in a magically reinforced verbal contract." He then turned over his teacup, allowing the tea to rise up and fill it. "Unfortunately in either case, often there are consequences to be had should the magic not be satisfied with the result, or should the terms of the agreement not be met. In a written agreement, it's simply a matter of twisting the wording to your advantage. In a verbal agreement, the result is judged by magic and intent, meaning that it must be as agreed upon. Once the terms have been met in either case, the magic upholding the deal dissipates and neither is bound by it any longer unless they had put their own free will or services as either collateral or part of the agreement. If there was collateral, it depends on whether or not the contract was upheld."

Discord coughed and retched a bit before quickly beginning to wash his mouth out with hot sauce, sugar, and rainbows, "Blegh, so much exposition I could taste it. So bland!"

After a few moments of this, he turned to Lucid. "It could be a sign of losing power, or it could be a sign of corruption." He stated simply, "The rules of magical deals don't always affect Sphinxes and certain other creatures the same way as most. In her case, it could be twisting her as a consequence of stepping out of line for the deal. There's so many reasons it could be, it always astounds me when someone draws a conclusion with a permanent irreversible solution and thinks it's a good idea to follow through." Discord transformed  into a viking looking outfit complete with axe. "There's a magical doohicky that's keeping us sealed in our village! Let's destroy it!" he changed back, looking unamused. "And that's how that village was removed from existence due to the magical backlash of energy originally meant to protect their no-so-little village from danger until said danger was far enough away. You need to understand the nature of some magics before you start messing with them, even if you mean well."

Edited by Storm Shine

@Dji
"Right, that's why you wear it too then?" Enigma said, chuckling a bit, figuring she was using it herself and it wasn't just for other ponies. "Though I could understand somepony not learning to fly early enough, and developing balance sickness as a result."

Crystal looked over, seeing Zealous in the distance, she rose her brow at the sight. A bit strange to see the that pony close by like he was earlier. She shrugged it off though, only time to assume he was following her would be if he was like this more than just these two times so far. She sipped her coffee as she thought, nopony was close to her that'd want revenge, except Velvet but they were friends, and she was likely off somewhere in Canterlot and seeing as Crystal had no immediate contact with her, it was unlike it was her. Only a fan would be responsible, she pulled out a book, her journal she carried in her saddle bag, and wrote this down.

================================
@Blitz Boom
Sapphire smirked a bit as she floated off the ground while she walked to the door. "I know some locations to find blood for this, I can take us there" She said, placing her hoof against the door frame, runes around the sides of the door glowing; they had a long history of using these as a portal, turning their front door into a exit anywhere they desired, Sapphire making it lead directly into the blood bank rooms of a canterlot hospital, though a one way journey, it'd be helpful to save their magic reserves by not spending it on the way there.

@Blitz Boom
He chuckled a bit and rolled his eyes a little as Benny spoke, his eyes lit up as the armor was carried in, stealing his attention and now the only thing he focused on then. "Impressive." Was the only word he found suitable for the work as he looked over it, almost unaware that it required a helmet. "I assume it has the enchantments that my wings do, or are those not etched in?"

@Blitz Boom
She looked down at the ground. "I'd rather not follow their steps now, Emerald only deserves imprisonment, not to be turned to dust and seeing as she's a soul now," She looked to Chow, a rather serious expression on her face. "We'd have to do more than just remove her from the body, we'd need to remove her from this entire plane of existence."

"I don't think he meant kill her." Misty added, giggling a bit.

"Just know I won't do it if you did mean that Chow. that captain made it clear what the punishment would be." She looked ahead, sighing again. "What do we even do until she gets here?"

"Nothing." Star blurted in pretty suddenly, Astral turning her head to look at him pretty quickly, his eyes glowing, making it pretty clear he was looking elsewhere with his vision. "Sapphire's going to be in one of the Canterlot blood banks any moment now. If you want to do something, we catch them there." after saying this his eyes returned to normal. "If you want to catch them once they get there, we teleport."

@Blitz Boom

It was a rather sad notion to really think about the dynamic that existed between Felicia and Molotov.  What always needed to be kept in mind though was that there is a different mind set in her creation versus Rusty's daughter.  Molotov miscalculated what he was creating and didn't take the necessary steps.  A mistake that can be corrected the next time around.  Right now though, there should be a focus on mending what has already been done, instead of wishing that it hadn't.

"She thinks you've done a wonderful drop and should teach her creator a thing or two."

Dusk translated in a way to get the message across.  Rusty seemed to blush a bit and smiled.

"Why thank you.  We did our best."

'We' of course referring to her and her husband, it was ultimately a team effort.  As for teaching Molotov, well, it wasn't an easy thing learning to be a parent.  One learns from how they were raised, but if Molotov was treating her as a guard for his workshop, then the parental needs really didn't develop.  Seeing that Rusty was stunk in a bit of a hole, he moved on to the next inquiry.

"She wishes to know more about the scrap yard."

Now that seemed to bring an even bigger smile to Rusty face, because she loved talking about work.

"Ah!  Now that I can do.  Follow me tender hooves."

With that, the mare was in motion, taking the pair on a little tour of the scrap yard she inherited when her father retired.  Dusk followed behind to be the translator of course.  Mounds upon piles of different metals, sorted to the best of the worker's abilities.  Mostly by just type of metal, but in some places there were sorted by purpose, such as the rows of old taxi carriages.  At the center of the scrap yard was the massive crane with an arm that could sweep the whole yard.  On one side of it, a large crusher designed to make large heaps into small compact cubes.  On the other side, a furnace for melting if they wanted to put the liquidized metal into a mold.  And of course, many of the scrap was simply left to be bought as it was for the customer to do what they will.  Just like when Dusk and the Boom Siblings were here yesterday.  As they walked, Rusty have an brief overview.

"So here at the scrap yard we perform two purposes.  First, we serve as a storage point for most of Equestria's waste metal.  And second, we re-purpose and redistribute said waste metal all over Equestia.  Whether a customer wants to come in and dig their muzzles around for just that right piece to their project, or a big company needs a large shipment of recycled metal in their own work, we are here to provide.  It's cheaper and better for the environment when we can re-purpose the metal rather than spend resources making new pieces."   

@Blitz Boom

"Yeesh!" Moon Glow exclaimed, exhasperated at the idea of more walking. Maybe if she had gone into other magic like her mother wanted she could have just poofed into Ponyville like it was nothing, or something! "Gosh, that's just... wow, sorry, I mean- it's not you or anything I'm just really tired and I don't think I'm ready to uh, you know, walk." With that, the unicorn planted her rump down on the grass; a small twig snapped beneath her weight. While she was certainly interested in the strange skull and eerie, looming voices coming from seemingly nowhere, Moon Glow could feel herself growing tired. Whether it was an effect of the magic housed in the other mare's morbid yet fashionable rodent skull or not, the unicorn didn't bother to care.

"I'm-" the young mare winced when the voices got louder, her smile turning into a grimace when the sound felt like it was piercing her wee little ear drums. Shaking her head, she was almost dazed, but what confused her more was the openness of the pegasus.

"Legion?" she rubbed her ears. "Like, Legion as a name, or... Legion as in a big ol' army of some kind?" If the pegasus didn't mind to dance around it, perhaps Moon Glow wouldn't have to, either. "Because it sounds like that kind of legion. The uh, voices, and all..." The mare swished her tail behind her. She hadn't meant to avoid the topic of Ponyville and the kind offer of her guideship but sometimes the unicorn had a one-track mind. "Is it dark magic?"

On 9/8/2018 at 2:54 AM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So, how long until the deal is made? A couple minutes? Couple hours? If it's any longer than two hours then I demand at least minimum wage!"

A watch appeared and he looked at the time.

"Also, I got stuff to do the day after tomorrow here in this Universe. Gotta buy some supplies for my standup comedy gig next week, get things for Pringle's birthday for the week after, then I gotta visit a grave. So, can we speed his deal along?"

His ears went down a little at the grave part despite trying to hide any negative emotion.

The Sphinx flicked her tail and blinked at him before glancing at a large scroll. "Depends on how long it takes for Onache to settle herself here with her hive under my protection. That was the deal after all and you then showed up wanting to reclaim this desert which Onache has a right to settle in. Seems we have a problem right there really. Unless you want to get this land back in a few centuries" she remarked.

"A deal that I am able to offer yourself is as follows. You build Onache her hive, then you can return home with a promise you won't attempt to remove Onache from my land" she finished. "That Or i'm bound to keep you all caged for a few years, until Onache has her hive built, doesn't matter much to me" she remarked.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:26 AM, EQ_Theta said:

So the temple has a mind of its own? Or possibly enchanted to follow deals made within its walls? An interesting way to put it simply, though this kind of magic may be overridden depending on who could've casted it. Then again, maybe it might not and the way magic works in this place is a little different from the rest of Equestria in general. But if going by what the Sphinx hinted at, that the temple is much larger than the rest of the visible structure, then it might be more complicated than that. For now, Fluttershy just looked at the tea set Discord presented, drinking some as she was thirsty but would preferably have their attention on getting out. 

"Discord, I appreciate you putting this here but isn't getting out of here and solving this problem with the Sphinx a more pressing matter? I wouldn't know where to start." 

The Sphinx snorted, "The Temple is Judge, Jury and Executioner. If it feels your a threat then well, you won't be a threat no more" she remarked with a small smirk. "You might be able to beat me, but you can't beat the Temple." she said with a smirk.

@Blitz Boom

The Sphinx blinked down at Onache, "So how long these creatures got to be enslaved for? Also how long till you get your hive established?" she asked her with a yawn, "they seem to be getting grumpy at being caged" she finished with a frown. She had to think of a way to solve this problem and rather fast it seemed.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, Storm Shine said:

"Oh don't worry about that Fluttershy." Discord grinned as he began to quietly explain, "We just need to let the Sphinx complete her deal. Until that's done, her magic binds her to do so. And trust me, breaking a deal or oath enforced by magical means can bring.. Unpleasant consequences, even for one such as me." He chuckled, "That's why I rarely bind any deals with magic- though I believe such a thing is simply part of a sphinx's nature."

Discord munched on his tea, the tea within the cup defying physics to stay within the cup despite the chunks being taken out of the porcelain. "And once she's done whatever she promised, she'll no longer have to help or see to anything beyond that. So, for example.. Say she promised to provide all of Equestria as slaves for that changeling." He gestured vaguely, "Once she's put every pony in collars or confinement for the changeling, she'll likely no longer be bound to help- Any who would escape or free others would no longer be her concern." Discord winked at his friend conspiratorially. "So all we need to do is relax and wait. And if I'm wrong..." The draconequus shrugged, "Well, I'll still be here for you." 

The Sphinx blinked, "Oh your enslavement is no part of the original deal. I just think its better you are caged before you do something silly that might make me be forced to use unsavoury means to enforce my side of the deal. I believe that you generally don't like changelings with your previous experience on dethroning them, plus shes a slaver and has offered yourself as a sort of payment, which I've taken so that part of the deal is completed. I just need her to start building some changeling hive, and establish herself here and then i'm finished" she finished.

"Besides I've never met a sphinx who never uses magical deals" she added with a frown.   

On 9/10/2018 at 12:49 AM, Dji said:

“Why...” Twilight trailed off even though her wings were fluttering in a panic. “What kind of deal makes you lose power and gain power depending on whether you enslave ponies!?” She took a good look around where they were and groaned. “Never mind all that. How can we get out of this?” She muttered more to herself than to the Sphinx. She watched the floor and the other trapped ponies of the group. ‘Is that a ... I need to think. Stop getting distracted!

"Well accepting my terms on building Onache her hive, and leaving her in peace. Then your good to go" she giggled. 

On 9/10/2018 at 2:45 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Discord, I don't think any of us would want to wait until the terms of the deal are complete. Isn't there something like a loophole that could meet the terms of the deal? Or am I thinking into this too much and something bad might happen?"

"Depends on what you justify as bad? if it comes to it, I could theoretically destroy all of Equestria apart from where we are now to ensure that the deal is protected" she remarked casually. "The Temple will go one further and destroy everything to protect the deal. So not exactly a loophole you can use unless you wish to be obliterated in nanoseconds if you try to edit or change the deal. Not a good idea" she giggled.

18 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

She is right, you know. Looking for a loophole would be a good idea. Another idea is that maybe we could take her crown. Remember before I ate the stick? You said there was a loophole to it's rules. Of course, the stick has nothing to do with this, but the crown may have a similar concept.

He looked at the crown as if he were thinking about something. He then looked back to Discord.

"She said if the crown goes completely dark, she will be powerless. If my theory is correct, that crown could be a source of her power. This is just a theory, but if I'm right, perhaps you could absorb its power since it's a physical object. Chances are, you are likely more powerful than the sphinx, so you could probably absorb her crown. But this is only if the crown is the source of her power."

Lucid had the power for this, but he lacked the experience. He did not know how to absorb power that did not belong to him, he could only take back power that decided to temporarily lend to someone, so if anyone was gonna do this, it'd have to be Discord.

"Of course, we could wait and see where this deal goes before trying this."

The Sphinx smiled at his crown taking suggestion, "Well you might be on to something, though you couldn't just take my crown you would have to wear it to break my power" she said with a smirk, "but on the deal side of things, you've got to build Onache her hive and then promise not to harm her, as she builds up strength and invades you you wouldn't be allowed to retaliate within my realm" she finished.

15 hours ago, Storm Shine said:

Discord hummed, "Well often magically enforced deals do still have loopholes for the determined and the clever." He allowed, carefully chewing a piece of marble. "How easy that is depends on the wording and the type. Typically, a written contract enforced with magic will follow the word of the agreement as it is written, allowing one to potentially complete the contract by following the words on the page. For example, a written contract to a racer. The stipulation to end the contract is that the racer must cross the finish line, but if it's not written how many times they must cross, or if it must be at the start or end of the race, or other details often taken for granted, they could technically cross the line once in a moonwalk, then run off into the sunset and still come out of the contract alright."

Discord took a few sips of salt to wet his throat, "Meanwhile a verbal deal often follows the spirit or intent of the agreement." The chaos spirit continued, "Which can make it easier or harder to get out of, depending on the deal made. In order for the deal to complete, one or both parties must complete or receive whatever was agreed upon, in the manner originally expected by the party that the portion of the contract is being done for. The how doesn't matter if it's not agreed upon, but the end result is the most important thing in a magically reinforced verbal contract." He then turned over his teacup, allowing the tea to rise up and fill it. "Unfortunately in either case, often there are consequences to be had should the magic not be satisfied with the result, or should the terms of the agreement not be met. In a written agreement, it's simply a matter of twisting the wording to your advantage. In a verbal agreement, the result is judged by magic and intent, meaning that it must be as agreed upon. Once the terms have been met in either case, the magic upholding the deal dissipates and neither is bound by it any longer unless they had put their own free will or services as either collateral or part of the agreement. If there was collateral, it depends on whether or not the contract was upheld."

Discord coughed and retched a bit before quickly beginning to wash his mouth out with hot sauce, sugar, and rainbows, "Blegh, so much exposition I could taste it. So bland!"

After a few moments of this, he turned to Lucid. "It could be a sign of losing power, or it could be a sign of corruption." He stated simply, "The rules of magical deals don't always affect Sphinxes and certain other creatures the same way as most. In her case, it could be twisting her as a consequence of stepping out of line for the deal. There's so many reasons it could be, it always astounds me when someone draws a conclusion with a permanent irreversible solution and thinks it's a good idea to follow through." Discord transformed  into a viking looking outfit complete with axe. "There's a magical doohicky that's keeping us sealed in our village! Let's destroy it!" he changed back, looking unamused. "And that's how that village was removed from existence due to the magical backlash of energy originally meant to protect their no-so-little village from danger until said danger was far enough away. You need to understand the nature of some magics before you start messing with them, even if you mean well."

The Sphinx blinked, "In this case, Its the if and not the when, I will protect Onache and her hive until it is completed. Now if one of you suddenly made a fully made Changeling hive, that would result in the deal being completed and I would therefore have no reason to keep you here. As it is until I can determine you are no threat you may not leave here" she said with a small smile. 

"of course, once the deal is completed Onache will be in my service forever as she has promised me as many servants as i could ever want. Since I live such a long time and always need servants then she will have to live longer to provide them for me at which point she will be allowed to die" she said with a low chuckle.

The Sphinx flicked her tail, "not losing power, maybe more of a corruption thing. Though as long as I finish this deal I can go back to my lavish lifestyle without lifting a claw. Suits me fine, I get out free food, free servants. Works perfectly" she remarked.

"Unless you wanted to attempt to stop me, then that wouldn't be agreeable" she said with a yawn, besides my deals always work, hence my 100% success rate" she argued. 

@FanOfManyShows

Emerald let out a sigh as Sapphire began to work the doorframe to their basement dwelling. The blood were supposed to be some of the last they went for, so that they could keep it as fresh as possible. Like this they'd have to conjure up a containment of some kind for it, and that was going to frankly be a waste of their time.

Yet, it were almost done, so they would just be wasting time not getting it now either way, so they may as well get on with it. She could think of a containment for the blood when they had it. Perhaps she could gain some sort of idea from how the ponies held it usable? If the regular equines could use this with little issue, then surely it couldn't take too much to copy it, or steal some of their containment.

"We need to watch out once we get there. Your family have had an annoying tendency to show up when they're not wanted, and I don't trust them to not meddle again sooner or later."

She'd welcome them to try, considering where they were, but Sapphire would become less inclined to work with her if she demolished the illusionary mare's *precious* little family, much as they deserved it.

====================================

@FanOfManyShows

"I'll handle that when they're done hammering everything into place. Don't worry general, we'll have it ready by tonight."

Benny grinned along with the twins, though he didn't participate in them giving brohooves to one another right now. A shame, but with his hands being what they were, it would be a pretty stupid thing for him to do.

"Good work so far guys, but there's still plenty to get done. I'll meet you inside."

The twins grinned maniacally and took the armor back into the forge.

"I know they seem a bit out there, General Wings, but you can trust their work. Your armor set will be as well made as any other generals.

Mind me asking though, why weren't we asked to make a sword? Usually part of the process to hand a blade over to the next in line, from what I've been told."

============================================

@FanOfManyShows

Chow had a few things he wanted to say after the assumptions from Astral about whatever or not he'd want Emerald killed. Mostly denying it whilst thinking to himself that perhaps they wouldn't end up having much of a choice if things went really bad, but then Star had popped into the conversation and said something that deserved priority. A plan of attack that made Chow widen his eyes whilst his heart skipped a beat, by the mere suggestion of what Star was suggesting.

"No, absolutely not. I dunno what she's doing in a blood bank  but we're sure as Tartarus not gonna be there at the same time.

Blood is her turf. Whatever you've seen her do until now have been nothing compared to what she can do when she have an ample supply of the good stuff.

Going after her in there would be like jumping into an ocean to fight a giant squid. Possible, but too difficult to really pull off, and ending in disaster more than a stack of calamari.

Frankly we'd have to be madder than a hatter to go into blood central when she's there, and expect to have a fighting chance. She might be cornered there, but we're also going into her turf while she holds all the cards. I've been there when she had ample access to blood before, and trust me, it ain't pretty.

Astral, you've seen what mess your aunt can cause, even when she ain't in her element. You got my back on this, right?"

Chow looked towards Astral, with some desperate hope that as the one of the three witches that had seen Emerald the most, she was wise enough to not barge into the midst of a situation they were highly unlikely to get out of. He'd still follow them if they went, but that had more to do with some... Personal reasons than anything about his survival instinct.

============================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"How a machine would control your mind? Sound of course, duh. You hit the right tone with a pair of speakers, and it gets right into your head and starts messing with your brain. And when the machines They make gets you lured in, then you'll get your mind rewritten or you'll be replaced by a robot. I was gonna have my proof now, to show everypony the danger they were in, but now it was just you and everypony getting mighty curious what the noise was all about instead. Not the earth-shattering revelation I was looking for."

Berry talked enthusiastically about The Conspiracy and it's makers, whilst keeping her eyes on the siren. She were bummed about this development, but it did make sense all evidence being what they now were, so she had to move past it. She'd find one of their machines another day.

"Now it's my turn to ask questions: How do you eat if there's no fish in your lake? And how does a siren even lose their powers? Did the princesses do it? You sounded awfully concerned about them zapping in and silencing you with a one way trip through the *supposed* portal to the human world. I'll believe that when I see it."

She'd also subsequently jump through and try to find if The Conspiracy had spread there too, or even arrived from that lane of existence, but come on, humans? Had to be one of the taller tales she had ever heard.

=============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"It's plenty worth it, even if you have to have an eye for it to see it."

"Hey, that's enough outta you. Business ain't something we just speak off to everypony."

"We both know you were working towards it too. You were just dragging your hooves and trying to assert something about this mare you already know the answer to."

The two of them locked eyes in silence, with Marley looking down on the squinting mare with an amused look on his face. You could almost taste the tension in the air that could arise from this, before Spicy finally just rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Fine, fine. But you started this, so you're gonna finish it up too, feather-duster."

The griffon sneered slightly from that nickname, not finding it very pleasing whilst Spicy went over to lock the wagon up. It seemed like it was about time for them to get a move on for now, and then come back later.

"Of course, *My liege.*"

The sarcasm would be dripping from his voice if it weren't said so dryly when it exited his beak.

"I will make this somewhat brief. We know of a plundered old tomb nearby, from one of our clients. The ones who found it took everything of value to them, but they always leave behind things that they can't pawn off at a corner store. Statues, old artwork, things such as that. We had planned to wait until another day, yet the aftermath of the recent attack have left everypony delightfully distracted. You come with with us, help us get everything moved, and then we'll get to work selling off what we find to those who would want it. Dusty stone for some, are priceless art for others, and I'm sure a mare of your... Specific desires, would find no issue liberating a few things that is of no use left in the ground.

I can assure you, stick with us through the sales, and your personal value is going to get a delightful boost. Of course, we do require a degree of secrecy here, but I'm sure the desire to talk is less than that of gaining piles of bits, if I understand you right, madame?"

Marley wasn't spilling the beans of everything, since there were some parts of their plans that were far less than legal, but they couldn't just trust this mare with everything right now, could they? They hardly knew her. No, they would all get to working, gather up some things left behind by the usual shiny-things-focused tomb robbers, and then proceed. They'd see if this mare would remain an asset by then, or had to be dealt with in a less than pleasing manner.

====================================================================================================

@Dji

"I hold no dominion over future sight, so I can't say."

Enzo remained seated, not doing something hostile and overall seemed relaxed in his posture. it may not be the optimal way to sit when dealing with the lesser races, but he frankly cared little for that compared to simply converse and learn of this mare. Especially considering what was next told, which got him to raise an eyebrow high in surprise.

"The parasites made a symbiote? Fitting, yet I find myself surprised to hear it possible. I understand why I smell the bugs upon you now though.

I know of stories where ponies sought my kind out, with desire to bond with other creatures, to gain in their power and wisdom. What are the terms of your bonding?"

=========================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

"I think Equestria have 4 princesses so far? 5? I'm not sure if the filly counts, even if she is an alicorn too."

Sorrow scratched her chin. It probably didn't count, since a filly had no political power, and that was kind of a thing with their kind, but then again... Alicorn. Usually that meant princess. Perhaps count her out for now and think of her as a future princess? Yeah, that seemed okay.

"There's Celestia and Luna, Twilight, and Cadence. I don't really know that many outside Equestria, except for Princess Arabian Nights. She's a nice mare, but man does she need to learn to relax. Only time I ever saw her not being regal, was when I helped her with that poltergeist. Standards for royalty are weird in Saddle Arabia. Or I just went there on a bad week, I dunno.

Anyway, library, castle, yes. I don't know if it's open, but we can go up and knock on the door. The attack might've made things weird with things like that."

When they'd eventually get closer to the castle, they'd see a garden of--- Weirdness around said castle. It looked pretty, with grass, fountains, a nice pathway and a small fence around even, but then were the varied trees - one with multiple varieties of fruits - the benches that roamed like sheep, and the small bubble creatures floating lazily through the air here and there. Nothing hostile, but certainly weird.

In front of the castle, a bipedal dragoness about the human, wearing some robes that had seen better days and a shoulder bag, sat up against the wall, apparently taking a nap. The door to the inside were open if they wanted to go in, though not all doors in the castle were unlocked, so they may have to try some times to find their way to the library part.

======================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen had wanted to help setting up camp, but as both the tent and traps tended to require some degree of rope or wire, Rosa had wandered in quickly after her question and asked her to gather some wood for a campfire. He then had to explain what of wood as she tried to push down a tree rather unsuccessfully, before going on to get the traps ready. That were the plan anyway, but before reaching the site they were to set camp with, Lin slowed down and steered him to do the same.

"I would appreciate any help I could get to find him, yes. The only thing I have right now is knowing he is called Stargazer, and that our mother abandoned him. Beyond that, I still need to find clues. This diary should hopefully hold some, but I will need time to see through it, and decipher what is actually said. Filigree is paranoid. Reluctant to write anything incriminating against herself, in case somepony finds her things. Whatever horrendous things are mixed into this, it's between the lines, or in code.

Regardless, I doubt there's anything in here that can help against her in court. Her codes are obscure enough to make it easy to question whatever the translation is even right. Another one of her fail-safes, though who knows. Perhaps something happened at the temple that made her get sloppy."

Glancing over towards the others, Rosa had no idea that Lin may well remember meeting a Stargazer before, which to him were little more than a name that Filigree had slung at him in her attempt to play innocent and simply under the influence of the crystals a few days ago, yet were an actual pony for Lin. Somepony who had in fact attempted to help her and Omen early on, to find their respective targets.

"We should help them set up camp before Omen finds some loose rope and attempts to help with that. Untangling her will be time consuming."

========================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Felicia followed suit once the mare began to wander further into the large scrap yard, her pointy legs hardly making a sound against the dirt as she scurried after Rusty, and tried to take in everything she were told.

She also began to take more notice of the organisation that took place in regards to items that piled up around them. At first she hadn't, as the spiderbot had been on high alert out of worry that this may lead to a trap, but now as they moved along, the piles sorted by metal and/or theme began to stand out a little. She particularly enjoyed the themes of for example transportation parts being one place, yet still having some system so you didn't have to scramble between everything to find say, a wagon axle lodged underneath the hulls of several a taxi carriages. It made it far simpler when others came around looking for parts, and would surely help in the recycling efforts that Rusty said this place partook in.

Several of said piles had functions that she were aware Molotov could use in several of his projects, including his most current one, and her eventual replacement. She would have to memorize this part of the place for the foreseeable future, so that the delay between his current three projects - the machine to pick up metal from Center Zero, the anti-magic cage Dusky and him were experimenting on, and the guard robot who were to replace Felicia's duties completely - could be lessened, though she had doubts this would be the last time that she would step into this place regardless of her creator. This place were starting to get fascinating the more she were told about it, and Rusty seemed welcoming to her presence, as long as she did not make trouble, and she may be able to assist the scrap yard owner to some degree to make her visits more enticing, but they'd have to see if something went wrong during this visit first. The reddening of Rusty's face before had been alarming, though it didn't appear to cause an aggressive response, so she would file that away for now, then see if she could eventually find a directory file - or book, as ponies called them - that could explain the phenomenon.

"𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕡 𝕪𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕣𝕦𝕟 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕝𝕪, ℝ𝕦𝕤𝕥."

It was the closest Felicia could come to basically saying that she was highly impressed and intrigued by the way the mare ran this place, and how everything went up into a higher function. It wasn't just a wasted space for local metal to rust and be tossed around until somepony would enter and purchase a few scraps here and there, but a country-wide recycling and re-purpose program, that were both inexpensive - compared to making new metal for everything - and environmental. She may not know the state of nature and such off the top of her head, but she knew what the word meant, and protecting the world they lived in so that it could go on for far longer would surely be an admirable thing to be part of.

Yet, as were about to be shown, as admirable as the work here were, it were also dangerous.

As they passed a particularly large pile of metal containers, Felicia suddenly lunged forward towards the two ponies she were following without any warning. Her right front leg jabbed forward like a thrown spear, and without any noticeable resistance or hesitation, plunged directly through the soft outer shell of her target, instantly piercing and sticking it to her sharp leg, which were now standing motionless. A cold, calculated act by an otherwise seemingly calm creation...

"𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕖𝕦𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕫𝕖𝕕."

Felicia retracted her leg, and shook off the soft target she had just stabbed.

*clang* *clang*

The large bucket rolled a little to the side before coming to a halt against a pile of hinges.

To the two ponies, this were not really a *soft* target, yet the metal on the thing were weak, even by regular standards, so it were the equivalent of sticking a fork though a slice of cheese for Felicia. To them, it would be a simple aluminium bucket that had gotten some nicks and bruises as the wind had taken hold and caused it to roll away on the pile it had been on earlier, and eventually fall down from one of the taller piles some way from them. An unlucky trajectory that would've left both Rusty and Dusky with a bang to the side of the heads that would've given a brief headache and some bruises if it had impacted. Nothing serious, but Felicia were made to protect, and though she did let Molotov hit himself with small things now and again for personal reasons, she would fulfill her base programming most of the time around those she didn't think deserved it.

==============================================================================================

@Moon Glow

Sorrow's eyes went wide as she heard that the other mare could hear the voices.

"You can hear them too? Awesome!"

She felt as giddy as a filly as she heard this, and bounced up and down like one too, whilst moving in closer to the random encounter she had out here in the middle of nowhere.

"Do you know how rare it is to find somepony else who can hear them? Outside of my family, I've only met two who could genuinely communicate with lost souls, and now it's perhaps gonna be three! Oh, this is gonna be a fun day."

Sorrow calmed down some, though she were still feeling excited and joyful about everything. Now she were gonna have a soul buddy! Well, unless she scared her off, that was true. That's why she had to calm herself a little before t he mare would end up rushing away from her.

"I mean, I still have to ask you something to make sure, but the fake ones usually go around in big, gaudy dresses and makes ponies pay them for false messages. You're totally normal, so that's a point.

Oooh... But okay... Okay, I have to answer some things first. Then you can tell me something, okay?

So, Legion is not an army in this case. Legion is a hivemind of the souls I've gathered that's not ready to pass on, and they all reside in this here skull until they're ready. Either by seeing something they want, or when they're calm enough or something else. It's kinda like a wandering therapy session for the dead. I talk with them, they talk with one another, and especially the hivemind itself does wonders calming new additions down. I had thirty-one before, but seven just left before you showed up, so there's twenty-four now.

And it's kinda dark magic. I mean, the skull is anyway. it helps keeping them together, but that's the only magic part of it. Every mare in my family have always been able to communicate with spirits, for as long as our history goes. Thousands of years back, to when it was seen as real dark mojo to talk with dead beings. We don't really know why it only hits the mares, but we don't really care all that much either. Except for my aunt, she's kind of a history nut. Goes around asking old time spirits before helping them on and tries to get something together. I really should try and find her one of these days..."

She tapped her chin, trying to think on how she'd even start looking for the mare in the first place, as she didn't have an address. She could perhaps ask her grandma though. You could always count on her to know what went on.

"Anyway, i answered you, now tell me: What're they saying?"

Sorrowed looked expectantly at Moon whilst rising up the skull a little. Their voices should be more normalized to Moon's ears, though it were hard to say with ethereal voices. Not everypony that could listen, did so without some sort of annoyance or issue.

"Why does it feel like one lingers upon you? Whose presence is it?"

Edited by Blitz Boom

@BloodDrops @Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Building the hive? Alright, looks like we are beginning negotiations. Now, here is what I'm putting on the table. In order for us to build this hive, which will be rather easy for us to do with our abilities. You must set us free after it is built. Of course, there are some other terms which I will show you."

Lucid stomped his hoof and a big paper appeared with some writing on it.

Terms to be followed:

1. Everyone WILL be set free and WILL be considered untouchable after the hive is built. This means everyone is freed and C'ANNOT be retaken or harmed by Onache, Sphinx, or anyone affiliated under ANY circumstances.

2. We cannot attack the hive after being freed, unless terms have been broken or the hive is a threat.

3. Equestria and its inhabitants CANNOT be attacked or enslaved.

4. All slaves must be changelings from Onache's changeling hive. Changelings can be chosen in any way seen fit as long as it does not break any terms.

5. No one can be forced into the hive. This is to avoid any loopholes.

6. All slaves will have basic rights including but not limited to; sufficient sleep, proper feeding, proper shelter, bathroom breaks, and safety from physical assault unless it's in self-defense.

7. Slaves are not allowed to physically harm the sphinx or Onache unless in self-defense.

"Now, these are the terms I am currently laying out. We can agree to these or we can negotiate further."

He thought for a second and decided to add something.

"Also, right now to allow these negotiations to happen, we must agree that you and/or Onache are NOT allowed to lie about any deals."

Discord waved a claw dismissively at the Sphinx, "Those were just hypothetical when I referenced you." He said with a shrug, "But I'm sure I could have things ready in a snap, if you really wanted." The chaos spirit glanced at Lucid as he began attempting to negotiate terms, but decided to watch how things played out rather than discourage him. Can't go around solving everyone's problems after all. Spirit of chaos and disharmony, not helpfulness and order. As it is, most of his active participation has been for Fluttershy's sake.

Edited by Storm Shine

@Blitz Boom
Again Nada listened patiently as the pony told her....unique story, and it took her to second to get everything she had said "At first there was fish, I ate them all, so now I have to depend on small land animals that make their way here to drink, they don't exactly taste as good, but food is food, even if it's full of fur-hair." "And thanks to my small size, I don't need nearly as much food as I normally would." she still stayed in the same position "And for my powers, I lost my magic due not using it, I need negativity to use my magic, and I need my magic to generate enough negativity to charge said power." "So because eventually I didn't have enough negativity to use my magic at all, I couldn't get more negativity."

"And....." Nada sighed, she didn't want to think about that cursed day, but she did, "The portal..." her tone made it clear she didn't like the topic "...I don't know what humans are, and I don't know where the portal lead..." "....But all I know is that I saw three of my kind getting banished in there, never to be seen again." her tone turned almost hostile "And I won't let you ponies do that to me too....!" she raised her voice "....I'm not like them!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby just looked curiously as the two creatures stared at each other, this was win win situation for her, either she got a deal where she could get some treasure, or there would be a distraction that'd make it possible steal the treasure from the wagon, solution ended up being the former. So boring trash, she though to herself when Marley started talking about the art, but her interest returned when he mentioned the part about selling them, she knew that ponies paid stupidly high amounts of bits for old trash, now it sounded perfect deal, all she had to do was to carry little bit of stuff, this would be the easiest treasure any dragon had ever gotten, but there was one thing she needed to know first.....

"I assume that what we get will be shared equally?" she didn't really need to know that now that she thought about it, she could always just eat them if they tried to rip her off, but she needed to think what pony would want to know "Because if you're trying to rip me off...." she made it clear with her tone and expression that it was a warning. 

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Hearing Discord lay on information piece by piece... if he wasn't a spirit of chaos, he might actually come off as a good lawyer. Or somepony like it, at least. Just hearing about the nuances of magical deals and places that could enforce such deals like the temple they are currently in was a much bigger prospect for her to take in. Even being in said temple was more than just finding a solution, it was being in a place of power much bigger than any she had ever been to. But back to the matter, having Lucid lay down some terms for another deal was a strange idea, if one that could backfire spectacularly. It might make things worse, but it was left to the temple to see how it would react to this new deal. 

"Please be careful, Lucid. I hope you know what you are doing," Fluttershy said with a hint of worry in her voice. Care should be taken when meddling in matters like these, after all. After hearing what Discord had to say, she hopes everyone wouldn't end up like that village in his story. 

========================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"Stargazer..." 

Lin muttered that name under her breath but Sen overheard the exchange. Even he paused for a second, just froze in place and remembered that name, even his face, time, and place. All those moments from first arriving in Ponyville after meeting Omen in the nearby forest. A step forward in the right direction, even with the odd look; he didn't seem to mind the oddity of having a pony/dragon hybrid creature walking around town asking for help looking for Lin. Then again with helping find Fluttershy and helping Omen look for Discord. Those felt like a lifetime ago what with the things that have transpired between then and now.

Sen turned to Lin, looking back to her and nodded, before running off to make sure Omen doesn't get mixed up in more string and helping her gather some wood and stone for the fire pit. It was the same routine from the last camp site, and he showed Omen how to set up the fire pit, materials and arrangement. Hopefully this would get her mind off of strings for now, and it was simpler to set up. As for Lin, she got the hint, and proceeded to look back at Rosa, knowing that this is a matter than needs to be handled delicately.

"Rosa, I don't know if this can help but this Stargazer.... Sen and I met somepony with that name while we were in Ponyville. He is a bat pony and a guard who helped us out a while back. This might be a lead we could look into, if you'd like." 

Edited by EQ_Theta