Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"That's it, just a little more and we'd be set. You're doing well!"

Just seeing the fire come along nicely was a welcome change, with things eventually winding down as evening approaches. The flames were just big enough to sustain for a few hours, though Sen could just as easily replenish its fuel with all the kindling he could find. In the meantime, Lin opened a gate to grab some of their rations, grabbing an extra one from Sen's supplies to give to Omen, including one apple. She had to pause for a moment to let Shrimp on her head, an unexpected arrival; once she got the rations, she opened a second gate back home to grab some extra gemstones she wouldn't need and returned to give these to the Refraction. She wasn't sure if he ate anything else and reptilian creatures like Shrimp didn't look like the vegetarian type. 

"Alright, I've got dinner here! I'm not sure rocks would taste good, Omen, but I'm sure these are better. Assorted vegetables and an apple for whoever wants it! Oh, it's probably more succulent and juicy. And we have some assorted gemstones for little Shrimp here! Eat up!"

Sen turned to Rosa as night was beginning to fall, the sun fading into the horizon. It looked like he was just about done and they were all probably hungry. A shame he had to use up the watermelon ration to keep those squirrel-like creatures at bay but Sen didn't want to take chances. Better to placate them and get on their good side than probably be their next meal. 

"Rosa! Come join us by the fire!" Sen waved to the bat pony, inviting him over and generally having a more welcoming and calming tone. Compared to their... less than stellar introduction to each other, he appears to have gotten over that.

==============================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"If I could also add, the changelings who remain unchanged would still go hungry. You may not like the idea of friendships but would you really let the changelings under you or any other hive starve instead?"

Anomaly's concern echoed the same concern she had with Discord. Even Discord's sentiments were somewhat similar with Onache's right now. But if it was anything to go by, the rather pragmatic viewpoint Fluttershy presented still bordered on the concern that even one ruling changeling's pride would cause the rest of the hive to suffer the consequences. They probably heard about Thorax's hive is prospering, never having to worry about being starved of love or other positive emotions. Would they still want to follow Onache if they could simply come over to Thorax's way. Sentiments aside, the fact that they wouldn't need to worry about going hungry was still a very big reason to reconsider. 

"Thorax knows better because he's lived it. He doesn't want to go hungry like he was when Chrysalis ruled his hive. And what would the changelings accomplish after conquering us ponies? If you need to feed by draining your meals of emotion, then how long would you continue to survive after you've conquered everything?"

@Blitz Boom

"I...have." Nada answered to both questions, though she only continued about the latter, because she was still processing the fact that she had wasted millennia of her life, and that everyone she had known were not only gone, but most likely forgotten too by everyone else, "I considered leaving few times but I didn't know where else to go, I was..." am "....too scared to risk it going back to ponies, and I don't know any other place better than this." her tone changed to almost filly-like careful worry "Do you really think they could forgive my kind?" she trusted this pony, not because she trusted ponies again, oh no, this one just seemed insane enough to not lie and also she wanted to trust her, she liked the ponies, even if she was scared what they may do to her, so it was her biggest hope that she would be able to make peace with them. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby exhaled slightly amused at the short back and forth between the pony and the bird, she had started to warm up towards Marlin and Spicy just a bit because of their bicker habit, she appreciated creatures who weren't scared of little insults, mostly because she herself didn't fear to use them. "Although the idea of using you as distraction sounds almost delightful, I have my own ways to get rid of annoying creatures, I have picked up few trick how to make them think you're more dangerous than you actually are." By being able to turn them into ash. she added in her mind, the ability to breath fire was very useful as a threatening tool, because even creatures like Timberwolfs who appeared unkillable were afraid of burning, after all, you can't rebuild yourself if there's nothing to build with.  

@Blitz Boom

While he was rather pleased that such a thing was possible, the other part of that equation wasn't something he was expecting. Ponies didn't work on such detailed calculations or in the confines of parameters. Probably if one was to really break it down though, there basic instincts could be viewed as parameters they are born with or taught throughout there lives. Felicia here though was asking him what she should be in the look out for instead. 

The detective had to sit down for this one, which probably looked a little odd for the pony to do right in the middle of a scrap yard. What parameters counted for what a pony would do just out of gut reaction and instinct? To him it seemed almost obvious when to kick into guard mode to protect himself or others. While he wouldn't have jumped to the aid of a pony from a bucket tumbling down a pile of scrap. Well, he'd probably just have caught it with magic instead of stabbing it. The hard hats were there for a reason too. Crossing his hooves in thought he looked over to Rusty. 

"If Glitter Step were in danger, what would you do?" he asked, looking to get a mother's point of view. 

This seemed to pull the mare a bit from her shocked state, enough to answer the question at least. 

"Anything and everything I could. But sometimes they need that bump or scrap. To learn and grow up."

A sensible answer the thought. Pain was a learning experience. Turning his attention to Felicia now. Let's take this as a detective. 

"It's difficult to explain parameters to such things, as we often react on instinct. But in a broad sense, we look out most for lethal dangers or ones that cause permanent harm. Everypony is bound to receive minor injuries day to day, but when endure and learn from it.  And maybe instead of eliminating the threat, we contain it. Maybe catch the bucket or swat it to the side instead of stabbing it. Now if the threat is a living thing, we detain. Not wanting to cause harm to the threat or victim alike."

@Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight

Onache stood silent for the first time, glancing between Lucid and Fluttershy with a look in her eyes that were still full of disdain, and a want to retaliate against their words, but she found herself for once needing a few seconds to think. With the deals as they were, she could not attack these and yell at them for their insolence, so logical arguments had to come against what they said, yet especially what the yellow one said stung, and required thought. Doubly so since this accursed place also put in motion that she could not lie, and simply claim that there were never any shortage of food for her kind.

When she had been in Chrysalis's hive, she had felt that hunger daily, because the fool queen had amassed a larger hive than their kind was supposed to have, and the only thing the former queen had to dangle in front of the masses were that Canterlot would fall the second time around, and that all of Equestria would be their buffet. Something which not everypony had trusted enough to stay after the first, failed attempt, but Onache had stayed, as she had lost her hive to Chrysalis, and had yet to think things impossible to salvage. After Thorax had won and the changelings - including Chrysalis - had either converted or run away, things had changed. Without the hive, Chrysalis were powerless, and as such, were unworthy to lead.

Onache had stayed and seen some of what happened with Thorax and his ilks from the side, and her view on them were very dark from the start, because of the inclusion of ponies. Seeing him and them working so closely together, lowering their kind to the prey that had already caused so many problems over the years, infuriated her, and she refused to even play with the thought of joining his kind because of it. It meant giving away too much power, and lowering on the food chain. As a queen to whom strength were everything, this were inconceivable.

"...Don't you think we know the benefit those things have above us? Every queen sees it, and the easy way it would allow us to feed our hives, without having to cull scores of eggs from our batches every time to ensure our hives are small enough to keep fed. Why do you think we did not descend upon him immediately upon his ascension? Did not destroy every courier he sent to appeal to the other hives? Because as much as we hate him, and what his mutation have caused, there is hesitation because of this boon that his mutation could grant us. Even I, who control you puny creatures like livestock to keep my ranks fed, can see that.

...And so could you, couldn't you?"

Onache had been talking towards Fluttershy mostly for a time, until her words made her realize something halfway through her retaliation speech, which were aimed to demean the points of friendship, and insult how the others had needed it to survive. Instead she now turned slowly towards the *clown* with narrowed eyes.

"You devious, disgusting little creature. What have you done?"

Anomaly raised a clawed hoof and shook around in the air at the cue.

"Oh, me, me! I know this. He tricked you and your boss into agreeing that you can't get love from anywhere to feed your hive, so that you can't fulfill your deal without changing into a color bug. Gold star please?"

The draconequus hadn't seen this coming, and neither had Onache, unfortunately, yet this were how things would be. Either the sphinx would provide ample amounts of love - which meant she'd have to conjure living, high-sentience beings out of thin air or break her deals - or the changeling queen would be forced to change into the same as what Thorax were, to be able to get even a single of her eggs hatched. The sphinx had already said her want for Onache to change how she looked, so there was no chance of the sphinx helping her gain love to keep things as they were, and Onache had signed a deal that meant that she could not leave. She were trapped into one way forward by the combined efforts of a flying cat and a jester.

Anomaly just figured it out now, but she were still pretty proud of herself, whilst Onache looked as if the arrangements set upon this place where the only thing stopping her from charging forward and beating Lucid into a liquid state. It appeared that he were not as stupid as she had given him credit for after all, and she had been too slow to realize it.

==================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Berry glanced at the worried siren and shrugged her shoulders.

"I dunno, but you're never gonna find out by sitting in a lake like this, right?"

Perhaps not the most reassuring thing she had ever said, but gosh darn it, what else were she gonna say? Lie and tell the siren that everything would be perfect right away? What sorta cruel pony would do something like that. One working for The Conspiracy, that's who! And she weren't with them.

"Wanna have a trip with me 'round the forest? There's a few crazy ponies that live out here you could try to interact with as a tester, and if that's not your want, then you could at least find a new lake and grab a few fish. Can't be good with fur in your teeth constantly.

I know, I know, gotta sound a bit scary to leave your safe zone, but what's the alternative? Sit here until you grow moss? Come on, that ain't a life. You gotta have to face your fear and be able to live regardless of it, not cover from it. It's like with The Conspiracy. I know they're there, and some of their sinister plans, but if I start covering in fear from their all-encompassing influence and power, they win. Same if you keep hiding away from ponies until you pass on from old age. What'd be the difference between getting banished and that, really?"

Beyond the potential horrors in the other dimension that were, but that didn't seem like a point to bring up here. The poor gal didn't need her first company in like, forever, to start making her afraid of monsters and pain. She'd never get her hooves dry then.

=================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Little trickster are ya, eh? Almost hoping something attacks us now so we can see your mojo."

"That could be arranged. Want me to find a bear?"

The smug tone in Marley's voice fitted the look he gave Spicy as he said that, and repaid her for the low blow she had dealt him before.

"You try that, and I'll pluck you and roast you over open flames."

"Did I strike a nerve? I'm sorry, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

The sarcasm in his voice were about thick enough to stick a knife in, as the two of them locked eyes in a silent, narrowed starring contest. No words were spoken, but it wasn't really needed between them either. They knew what the other would think, and sling at them, so this were little more than just a prolonged test of wills. One which neither of them won, as they ended up blinking at the same time.

"So, anything you can tell us about yourself, Ruby? We still have a way to go, so we might as well get acquainted. You can tell us a little, then ask back, and we can have a little thing here going. No need to share something you don't though. We all have our little secrets."

Spicy's *little* secret were her connection to the black and grey market, whilst Marley had more to do with an... Incident that could have put him in jail for a long, long time. Neither of them wished to speak about either with somepony they barely knew, and it were fair to assume that Ruby had something of the same. Though Marley were pretty curious about what may rummage around the head of this mare. She seemed so strange for a pony at times.

==========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen looked at the fire, then the food she had been offered for a while, before putting the food down and wandering off. As she had been successful in starting a fire - with a massive and patient amount of help and encouragement from Sen - she wanted to try something that she had seen others do around a campfire like this before. Nothing she had ever been allowed to participate in, as she normally caused screaming or questions of leaving, so she wanted to see if she could do this now.

Whilst she rummaged around the edge of the forest, the Refraction sniffed the gems, and then happily grabbed hold of the one brightest in color, and wrapped himself around it, chirping with glee. As per usual, he then sunk his teeth in and began to slowly drain the color from said gem, as if he were drinking it. A strange eating habit, but Shrimp cared little for it, as he *drank* along whilst small sparks of energy popped off his back now and again.

"I wonder if he even needs those gems for nourishment, or if it's all energy."

Rosa approached the group after being called over by Sen. A strange turn of events, considering their first interactions, but he supposed that the group had been through enough by now to warrant them acting somewhat more calm to one another. Something he found even weirder, as he had looked forward to getting away from these beings originally, but things changed. For the better in this case, as he were welcomed over to the open fire, and the prepared packages of food.

Hmm... He could've sworn there should have been some watermelon in these... Oh well, after they day they had, he'd be happy getting anything right now frankly. And this one still had a peach slice tucked in, so all hope were not lost.

Taking his mask half-way off to take a chunk out of an apple for now though, he glanced over at the others around the fire. Beings he supposed he could call friends, and one of said friends wandering over near the trees for some reason, though when it came to Omen, reason didn't seem to always matter. It may well be for instinctual reasons, or because she could. Her mind were hard to grasp.

"...Is now the time to talk then, about what we saw?"

A poor segue, but Rosa had no idea how to ease into this. It was either to take the jump and start it while he still had some nerve to grasp around it, and felt calm enough to tackle the memories, or keep silent and just let it stew in his own head, just like he had for the majority of this day of their trip.

"You can start if you want. We both saw everything anyway, so what difference does it make?"

Well, he had not looked behind him at his fathers begging words, whilst the inquisitor attempted to beat answers out of the old, confused stallion, but the rest of his punishment he had seen, as well as what they assaulted Lin with. The only parts of which he truly understood, being Omen getting impaled and crystallized again, and Shrimp broken into a small heap. The bound longma, and the one who spoke to Lin, he had no idea about who were, just as Lin wouldn't know most of who had been in the illusions directed primarily at Rosa. She could venture guesses of course, but it were likely that she had been more focused on her own demons, even after they exited. Princesses knew that Rosa had at least. It were hard to focus on everything that went on to others when so much were thrown in your own face.

Meanwhile, as the talk were about to begin, Omen returned, carrying a stick in her mouth. She would then use said stick to slowly pierce her apple, and hold it over the fire, oblivious to the heavy subject that were hanging in the air currently.

======================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"𝕌𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕠𝕕. 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕕𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕠𝕔𝕔𝕦𝕣 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕛𝕦𝕣𝕪, 𝕣𝕖𝕘𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕡𝕠𝕟𝕪."

It was a strange thing to hear, that ponies needed some bumps and bruises here, but what did she know? What she understood of ponies were what were in her database, which mainly came from watching Molotov and the few ponies that got within view from her hatch now and again. It did not provide adequate views into the level of disrepair a pony could be allowed to hit, and still be considered *just a scratch*, nor the notion that it was good for said ponies to get beaten up a little. Sounded some like it may be part of their learning patterns though. She would have to read up on that at some point.

"𝕄𝕪 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕞𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤. 𝕃𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕝 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕓𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕤. 𝕃𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟."

Felicia spat a string of web from her abdomen at the bucket to prove her point, and wrapped it up in the gooey silk.

"ℝ𝕖𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℝ𝕦𝕤𝕥? 𝔽𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕓𝕖 𝕠𝕓𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣."

Felicia looked at Rusty, hoping that the mare would not toss her aside just because of a minor misunderstanding. The spiderbot was new in this world, and had things to get used to, in regards to threat levels, responses, and so on, but she wasn't as dangerous to living creatures as she looked. She were specifically programmed in her core to not cause unnecessary damage to invaders, and instead focus on detaining them for questioning, and whilst she muddled around with many of her programs now and again, to keep them prepared for the life she wanted, rather than the one she had been given, she saw no reason to change her *stance* on hurting fleshy beings if it were avoidable.

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Don't feel too bad, I'm a comedian, being clever is part of the job. This is the best way to get you to reform. Although the original intention was to stop you, I now realize that this is for your own good. Now you'll need to change and be a good little bug pony. Think about it, you can make friends, be the good guy, and your hive can't starve. Sure, you won't be able to hurt anyone without consequences, but seriously, it's not like there was really any point to that invasion against Thorax aside from your own pride anyway."

He looked over to Anomaly and gave her a gold star.

"So, still want any rusted barbed wire and cotton balls?"

@Blitz Boom

A crash and some tumbling could be heard as Mike slid out of the doorway.

”These floors are kinda really smooth.” He said, shaking off the book that was laying on his head. It landed with its cover up, which said ‘Great Heros of ancient Equestria VOL II’.

“The library is huge! You could spend days in there and not even find what you’re looking for!” He said, excited. He looked up at the Dragoness. “I’d bet you could even find something about that desert thing you mentioned earlier, Miss... uh... Dragon?”

@Blitz Boom

"I wouldn't know where to start with Shrimp, if he needs these gems for nutrition or energy. I don't know anything about them, but I suppose that's not the main point. You're welcome to talk about what happened earlier if you are comfortable with sharing. I guess you probably overheard me and Sen earlier, and what I saw."

Lin sighed and paused for a moment, feeling a little uneasy with what she wanted to divulge. Truth be told, she suspected Rosa might be able to infer a thing or two from what he saw in the swamp along with what he might have heard leaving Lin's mouth. Either what she will say is already apparent and obvious, or it might be giving away too much information. Despite this, she was a lot more comfortable with saying a little more. 

"There were figures hanging from the trees, back in the swamp. One shriveled and emaciated, malnourished and thirsty. The other was hurt, beaten and scarred. Those were my parents... or what likely happened to them. Sen and I never got a chance to give them a proper farewell, so I suppose that was what I saw when I tried to piece together what must have happened during my period of exile. We never got the chance to say goodbye." 

"Then there was that figure taunting me with Omen's and Shrimp's broken bodies. That was Solasan, or something that took his appearance, the one who hurt them. It wasn't enough that he tore my family apart. He was dealt with a while back but some part of me feels like I could never escape him, that he'd come back one day and keep hurting me and Sen. I didn't want Sen going into that swamp with us because that was what he would see, and we'd never be able to leave. That guilt... that he could've done more to save our family, he's lived with it for years and I don't think he'd be able to get over it any time soon." 

Just as she mentioned it, Sen put down his food and stared at the fire, unable to say anything. It was a moment of quiet reflection, but one that still fills him with shame. It was clear, bright as day, that Lin could easily sum it up like that. He always believe he was strong, that he had to be, and that everything he trained for would be worth it if it made him ready to face any challenge head on. But to see that illusion shatter, he didn't know it could break his resolve. Even Lin had to pick up the pieces after holding on for so long, and now she was showing the same signs that she might not be as strong as the two of them had hoped. 

Lin had said her piece, but she just remained silent for a while. It was alright if Rosa didn't say anything if he thought it appropriate, maybe it wasn't her place to get him to open up if he didn't want to. Their offer still stood, however, that they were there to listen to whatever he had to say, and to share his burden as well. They already were miserable once, what's one more terrible tale to add to their growing pains? Still, just seeing Omen trying to cook her food over the fire was a nice distraction and she couldn't help but smile as she watched. 

"I guess that's my sob story. Well, the short version at least." 

==================================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Clever, clever approach... Fluttershy wouldn't have thought to try something like it. Though she is more into being genuine, being real and truthful even if it meant being put in the losing spot. It might have worked once with Discord but this isn't Discord she is dealing with. Onache was proving to be a very stubborn one, and even if the pegasus were to try something like her attempt to reform Discord, it wouldn't work the second time around. Complicating things further were these deals and agreements going around, hence admitting to the fact that she couldn't have done something through a deal. 

"Think it over," Fluttershy calmly said to Onache. She then filled up a cup with some tea and extended it towards the changeling. "Would you like some tea? It can help you clear your mind." 

@Blitz Boom
The pony's point about her hiding not being too different from a banishment hit Nada, of course the part of ending up in unknown world that could be pretty much anything was missing from from the hiding choice, but she had been in a way forced out of her home against her will regardless, and she would be lying if she said she enjoyed being here hiding. "You're right, it isn't that different....you could say I got banished here." "I have wasted millennium of my life lying to myself that I'm happier here." her voice told all about how she felt about that realization, "I don't even remember what the world outside the forest looks like." she kept a short pause, after which she continued with mixture of fear and carefulness "I could use a new lake,and..." "....would you be able to get this Princess Twilight to meet me?" she visibly shook from the thought, princesses were usually alicorns, and she had heard enough about them before her exile to know that they could mostly likely banish her by themselves, but she sounded like somepony who would at least listen what Nada had to say, "It terrifies me....but with title like 'Princess of Friendship', I'm ready to believe that she isn't like that bearded unicorn and his friends"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby had followed Spicy's and Marlin's yet another back and forth quietly again, she had found this one to be even more enjoyable than the last one, because the thought of roasted griffon had made her mouth water, causing her to even lick her lips once out of reflex, though hearing that Spicy didn't like bears was interesting too, it was always good to know something you could use against someone. That reminded her that she would most likely end up needing to hunt something while they were in the forest, thus she needed to come up with an excuse to get some alone time when the moment would arrive. 

"Tell about myself?" "Well, I guess I can mention that I have lived here only for few months, though where I come form doesn't matter." "What about you, something you haven't shown or said already?" she could have asked about Spicy's talent or something like that what ponies usually were curious about, but she didn't care enough to even act like she cared about that, because regardless of being rather boastful herself, she hated hearing ponies boasting about themselves, and it made her want to burst out of her pony-form and show them how insignificant they really were. And Ruby was fully aware about being like that, but she didn't really care.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:54 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Yea, if you help Onache in a war, I'd probably just kill you or something. I really don't want to, but I will if I have to."

The Sphinx yawned, "Sure, sure, and you would take my job as a result. Being in charge of the temple guarding thing, if ya didn't then it would explode killing everything." she said with a small smirk, "but then you didn't think of that" she finished.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:54 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Also, don't expect me to be your personal comedian unless you wanna end up dead. You got that, sphinxyboo?"

"Yes, crack your jokes. Clown. I can always find a proper jester who would actually be good at there job" she snorted. She then ignored him since he started sprouting nonsence, "So we going to do this deal or not?" she asked with a frown.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:18 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Be thankful that we're bound to non-aggression right now, or I would have destroyed your mind for that transgression. What roams in my head is for me alone, and not some mutant pet of the draconequui.

And your *friendships* have no place is my life. Everything that matters is control, and subservience. Foolish pony ideals like friendship is something the weak need to feel stronger and more safe against their superiors, and nothing else."

The Sphinx was getting grumpy by the arguing going on, it was like babysitting children not that she had ever had any of them. She blinked and yawned getting bored of there stupidity. "hmmmmm, no mind destroying, killing or threatening. I won't tolerate that here" she said with a frown staring hard at Onache.  

"If it's in the deal that I can't invade them, I'm not going to, no matter how much I wish to do so.

And I will never allow this... Creature, within my hive. I have no want for a clown to distract my warriors, and I doubt this one would even follow suit if he were converted, and had to face the hivemind. If you can find amusement in his words, then by all means, keep him. I just have no interest in him."

The Sphinx flicked her tail and nodded, "fine no Lucid in your hive as well. I will add that to the list" she growled, "I will add no clowns as well, including Lucid. Just have a Lucid free zone it seems to be" she hissed lashing her tail. She was a very grumpy kitty it seemed.

"The only reason my changelings may starve, is because of these 'foolish deals' leaving me with no option to take in ponies to feast upon. I have always made sure to keep my worthy underlings fed otherwise.

"You should choose your words more carefully"

Onache suddenly found herself upside down and floating in front of the Sphinx's nose. A very bad place to be indeed. The Sphinx wasn't very impressed at being called foolish, "Correct me, but it seemed like you resented being offered a deal to reside within my territory, protected from outside influence. The only cost to yourself was that you wasn't allowed to feed off ponies but you would have been able to feed off other creatures. It seems that you've also forgottern that I could have changed ponies into other things that would have allowed yourself to feed on them" she said with a frown.

"Though it seems, since you're so hard done by. You no longer want my deal, and if thats the case. Then you no longer to be here, and if that is also correct, you can take your band of fools and leave me in peace? Hmmmm?" she said with a growl. "This isn't the first time you've offended me with your poor choice of words. The next time you do will be your last" she growled dropping the changeling onto the floor.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:34 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That sort of friend is exactly what you need. Sure, you may rule over some changelings, but even with them all around you, you still remain alone and taking orders from that sphinx, the same one that lost to some blindfolded lady. Is that really the life you want to live?"

The Sphinx narrowed her eyes and it was now Lucids turn to levitate up to her nose. As The Sphinx breathed out it was almost like she was a dragon, the air filled with static as she stared silently at him. She was still sore over that even though it had been such a long time ago. "You will never, ever, mention or hint at Somnambula. That thief died a long time ago, and has since turned into dust. More then she deserved flying off with my magical blindfold and stealing my temple from me" she hissed. 

At this point she didn't know who to be more angry at, after all she had two creatures from opposite sides causing her annoyance.

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

"Would you like some tea? It can help you clear your mind." 

The Sphinx snorted, "I would like some tea as well" she grumbled. 

@BloodDrops @Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Of course I can do my job properly, I'm the bestest comedian ever!"

Lucid laughed when the sphinx got all angry at him when he mentioned Somnambula. He laughed harder when the sphinx thought she was actually dead!

"Silly sphinx, Somnambula is very much alive along with the other pillars of Equestria! Seriously, are you not caught up on the current events?"

He looked over to Discord and Fluttershy.

"You'd think she'd read a newspaper."

@Blitz Boom
"I am made of illusion magic sister, we can go wherever we need to, seeing as I can make it so they never see us." the smile on her face was mischievous, She watched her sister change the runes, sighing as she looked to the door. "We'd be risking getting caught for any of the things we need." Lifting her hoof, she pressed it against the door, wanting to be sure of her sisters opinion this time. "So we should just be quick. They may not notice any things missing if it goes well."

====================

@Blitz Boom

There was a bulb that light up inside him, his expression more curious than the excitement of the concept of wielding an axe, through the immediate question arose. "Most weapons have to be held in the mouth, so as nice as that'd be, it may not work for me unless there's a work around for that, then I would like an axe."

====================

@Blitz Boom

"Their home, a place they may suspect us going when they leave." He looked to Misty and Astral. "Going there would put us at risk too, if they return there's plenty of items in there to use against us that even I wouldn't know how to use."

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Lucid laughed when the sphinx got all angry at him when he mentioned Somnambula. He laughed harder when the sphinx thought she was actually dead!

"Silly sphinx, Somnambula is very much alive along with the other pillars of Equestria! Seriously, are you not caught up on the current events?"

He looked over to Discord and Fluttershy.

"You'd think she'd read a newspaper."

The Sphinx snorted, "Thats impossible. She would be hundreds of years old and ponies DO NOT LIVE THAT LONG" she growled flicking her tail. She cared not about the other pillars of Equestria they didn't cause her any problems. Apart from the Somnambula. She definitely did not like him, though she paused and thought, he didn't seem to be lying to her.

"Explain yourself, How is Somnambula still alive? Next you be telling me that Prince Hisan lives too" she hissed lashing her tail. She stared hard at him glaring at him. 

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk could breath a sigh of relief as his explanation seemed to register with the large spider.  Well, at least in what he figured would pass as a good way to explain safety parameters in place of the way ponies grow up learning or derive from basic instinct.  Seeing as it wasn't likely that Molotov would program something like this to serve as instinct, it was going to have to be the learning route.  Not that he expected her to continue her duty as a guard, so having her think more on the types of threats she needs to intervene with could be rather beneficial.  And would help greatly in keeping those imaginary pitch forks the Boom family are scared of from appearing if Felicia had more restraint when interacting with ponies.  It was a good start from there, the rest will need to be filled in with experience.

Standing back up just in time to watch Felicia spray a quick web at the bucket that was their simulated 'threat'.  Vastly less terrifying to witness than for a sudden sharp foot to stab into a metal bucket like a hot knife through butter.  In fact, the rapid deployment of a net like that could indeed be rather useful in helping her detain threats rather than well, eliminate them.  Rusty had a slightly different concern though.  Pointing at the now webbed bucket.

"That washes off, right?"

Rising Dusk could only shrug.  Not going to pretend on knowing such things as the inner workings of web production.  Biological or mechanical.  At least Rusty seemed to have come around a bit, continuing the tour of the scrap yard, although a little more wiry for more possible falling objects that could dislodge from the piles of scrap.  This time she was taking the pair to the area by the main office, where the worker ponies gather for breaks and lunch.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

“I get the feeling that you don’t want me here. Why is that?” Watts wondered, looking at Enigma. She gauged his body reaction and his facial expressions and came to the conclusion that he didn’t seem to like her tagging along. “If you have plans, I could potentially help with them, whatever they are.”

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

“Atzy isn’t responding to any of my questions about what she wants. Yes, I’m calling Atzy a she because that’s what her voice sounds like. She also gave herself the name Atzy so there’s that too,” Karmic spoke, closing her eyes to properly try and speak to Atzy. So far, it’s just been a forced upon voice but now that she actually wants to speak? No answer.

@Blitz Boom, @Moonlit, @Seamore Sandwich, @BloodDrops, @Lucid_Nightlight, @Storm Shine, @EQ_Theta

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

“As much as I would love to learn all about these books and what they contain, I kinda can’t be trapped here for all eternity, and neither can my friends,” Twiligjt told the Sphinx despite looking around at all the books around her. It was sorely tempting I crack a book open and start reading. If given a set limit, she old most likely get through maybe a quarter of the books within a weeek but even then she wouldn’t know what to do with all the knowledge. She managed to squeeze through a couple towers of the books and looked through the bars at Onache. “You’re getting flustered, Onache. Maybe now you realise being like Thorax isn’t a bad thing?”

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Somnambula is very much alive," Fluttershy added, pouring a cup of tea, still warm despite all of this time locked up and talking. 

"Twilight needed help to defeat the Pony of Shadows, and so she brought the Pillars of Equestria back from Limbo. Somnambula doesn't look like she's worse for wear and looks fairly young. I couldn't say the same about Prince Hisan though."

@Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @Lucid_Nightlight

Onache was too furious at the ponies to really get scared of the sphinx right now. The large feline were not the only of these beings who threatened to squish her, and there were only so much you could shake at a threat before you began to get somewhat jaded to a similar or lesser threat, such at the sphinx.

She were about to give a response to said sphinx, and explain what she had meant about the deals and who she were truly blaming, when the threats ended, and she were plunged towards the sand beneath. A situation magic could fix easily, yet right now, that were not possible, and the angle combined with the relative short height meant that she would end up with a face full of sand in just a moment now.

Just before she hit the ground though, something popped up from the sand and softened her fall. A large, leathery flower, sprung by the draconequus who had now finally figured out how to alter herself enough for the time being to be able to use her magic again, despite the large gem hovering in the air. Granted, Anomaly had also grown a bulbous green maw on the tip of her tail that tried to snap at different folks, and a swan wing on her left side, but that was side effects. Couldn't have everything all *perfect and easy*.

"Got you, grumpy bug lady. Want me to go find your friend too, so you can talk about how you're gonna be all colorful and happy now?"

"...Fine, fetch Happy Hour if you are able. At least I shall have a trusted being with me then."

"Yey, this is gonna be a real party! I'm gonna go find sneaky bug pony. But first-"

She streeetched over to Lucid's side and talked excitedly in his ear.

"This is gonna be real special, so special food. I want something fun, like a ball of nectar, dipped in pure honey, milk chocolate and anti freeze. It's so sweet it will melt through your stomach, but it's sooooo good! See ya."

Anomaly licked lucid on the side of his face with an over-sized tongue, grinned, and then dug herself into the ground and went away to see if she could find the drone in question. She were pretty sure she'd heard the name in Ponyville, so it was gonna be a piece of cake.

Uuuh, she should bring cake back with her. That would be great.

Onache rose from the flower, with the thoughts flowing through her head on what to do, and what it would mean to try and go against everything here, and run off to make her move elsewhere.

First off, there wouldn't be an escape. As had been obviously started by the sphinx, you could not leave the desert without a deal, and if Onache ran from her current one, she would have none. Either the desert would take her then, or she would just end back here, beaten and desperate enough to make a less favorable deal.

Then were the option that she could stay, and simply not take ponies as prisoners and food source, yet what were the odds of that working without issue? There were limited numbers of beings outside of ponies, with griffons being the main choice as dragons tended to be more trouble than worth, and the formerly mentioned avian species could be a big issue as well, with their innate violent tendencies, and general strong will. It would take a good deal more out of her to keep them down, and for what? Their love were not as easily accessible as what ponies could give, so she'd need a big flock just to break even. and changing ponies would go against several parts of the deal, for the sphinx as well as the changeling. She were being backed into a corner, and her options seemed dim with every step her mind took.

Urgh, she needed Happy here... His intelligence were not as high as hers, but she knew that she could trust him. He might put some perspective on things for her, and help guide her for once. About time too, considering how long she had led him for.

A fleeting smile vaguely showed on her face as her last drone's face got into her mind. The one she had the least control over, yet by far her most loyal subject to date. He followed her willingly and didn't question her orders, no matter what she had asked of the former human, and not once had she needed to exert force over him to make that happen.

As little joy as it may bring her to think of this little sliver of light in this gloomy setting, the weak smile didn't last long enough to likely even be seen. There were important decisions to make eventually here, yet before that, she had to mend a little scorched and salted ground. Especially with the sphinx, who seemed... More furious about something other than the changeling's attitude? A pony by the sound of it, who had taken her former temple from her. And one who were still alive, nonetheless? Interesting.

"I don't drink tea, but fine, I will partake in your... Gathering. And do not think that I am flustered, and suddenly swayed to think that Thorax is better, princess. I listen because I have lost, and humor the thought on what I may have to become because I may have starving subjects otherwise, but I have yet to be convinced that your passive ways are the right one, or even a possible one. Far as I know, your *reform* includes having to regret what you've done, yes? A hard sell to a changeling queen."

She held back the snarky tone and settled on a more *dignifying others opinions matters* attitude, in case her persona would cause more ire to the sphinx. For a large feline that were clearly not shy of holding herself above others, it was impressive how sensitive she were about others doing the same, honestly.

As for the excuse for the comment regarding the deals before... This seemed like a bad time. Perhaps later, when this strange pony they spoke off were no longer such a hot topic.

Over at the regular tables, the bunny and the dracolisk were currently munching on a few things. It helped Lotus relax a little, whilst the dracolisk honestly just wanted something to eat. He'd have a nap on a dry, hard surface as soon as he were done tasting a few things more. Lotus would instead keep hoping that they weren't all set on fire by the sphinx in some way.

==================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Of course I'll help, silly. Come here."

Berry would attempt to quickly go forth and give the siren a hug, though if she missed, she'd go back to just smiling and trying to bring the positive vibes. Things were going pretty mixed right now with the siren looking like it hurt knowing that she had essentially banished herself, yet being a little willing to take a step out and try to see the world as it were now. Frankly the reason why Berry would try to hug the wet creature, as that were the pony way of comforting. She wasn't sure if sirens had the same thing, but it should be a clear enough message, right?

"We'll see if we can't get Twilight to have a chat with you, and ask her to keep Starswirl and his goons away. And if she starts trying something with you, I'll clock her out so you can get away. She doesn't look that tough really. Typical unicorns, you know? Well okay, alicorn now, but that's recent, and she still looks like she have the upper body strength of a fly.

So, wanna go look for some fish for you first? I know a few lakes and streams we can harvest some fish from. Just watch out for suspiciously nagging insects. They might be spy cams from Them."

So now she had a siren as a friend it seemed? Cool. It wasn't a massive revelation that would crush The Conspiracy, as she had hoped, but it was a pretty neat prize anyway, and perhaps this one wouldn't think Berry were crazy when she talked about all the things that were set out there to control everyday ponies. The siren had a whole new, fresh perspective on things, so she might not be as blinded to the truth as those poor, indoctrinated ponies everywhere.

=================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"There's a whole bunch we haven't shown or told yet, Ruby. We've just gotten to know one another, and a mare needs herself some secrets."

"So does a dashing griffon. But if you want to know a few smaller things, I'm sure that would be okay."

"That depends on what y-"

"I've worked for Spice for six years now, and that I come from a town outside of Equestria. The name isn't important."

"If you interrupt me one more time, I'm gonna tell her what it is, hotshot.

As for something more interesting than this featherweight, I come from Las Pegasus. Gambling capitol of Equestria. Don't live there anymore, but I come around to take a stab at the casino now and again, among other things.

And yeah, this dolt lives there too, but don't start thinking there's anything in it. It's just easier to have him in one of the guest rooms, and this cheapskate don't mind saving on rent."

"I pay my fair part, Mrs. Tax-evader."

"You call it evading, I say *bleeding a loophole dry*. Same thing.

Now you, Ruby, if you don't wanna share where you're from, then how about what got you into the hoarding business. Just like to imagine that you're a dragon, or are you trying to buy something?"

==========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"It's never easy to lose a parent. You both have my deepest sympathy for your loss."

Rosa could see how it hurt Lin to speak about her parents, and Sen to even listen to it. It were good that he hadn't followed and been consumed by this either, but Lin had, and she had told him. It would tear into the wounds regardless of whatever or not he had been looking at it or not, and with the guilt Sen carried, it were bound to be even worse.

Whatever happened to that Salosan character he did not know, but he hoped that whatever it were, he had suffered. Continuously so, if he were still alive. Some things weren't possible to forgive, and even when he knew barely nothing of their stories, Rosa could see the damage it had left. The parents had been in full view of him, the effect it had on Lin in the moment, and Sen now... Nothing minor had been the cause of this.

He turned to stare into the fire after giving his sincere condolences to the siblings, chewing down slowly on the apple and felt the juices flow around his gums. He stood like that for a time, slowly chewing through the piece before gulping down.

Facing the group again, Rosa took off his mask, and looked directly at Lin, whilst the flames reflected in his dark eyes.

"My father was the only pony that ever really mattered to me. He rose me alone when Filigree left him with me as best he could, even with all the work he needed to do. No matter how dire his own life were getting, he did everything to keep me safe, and happy...

He got severe dementia a few years ago. I didn't take it all that well. A lot of drinking, pushing away any friends I once had, that kind of thing. I spent a year being absent from his life then, while he sat in the hospital and waited for the few visits I felt like I could muster. I'll always feel guilty for leaving him behind in that state to feel sorry for myself, instead of being there to comfort him in his hardest time.

He can't remember that anymore. A year weren't kind to his memories, and about a half year ago, I knew that he was gone. Lost in his own mind, with no easy way back. We lived isolated and the laws were insanely strict, so I could even try anything alternative, like zebra medication. They caught me every time I had tried, and I had nopony to call on.

So I planned to fall into my work, and just keep at it like a machine, to keep my mind away from this. It went well for a little while, but it was only a few weeks later when I accidentally found out what that work meant.

They had always told us that it was to protect our town, and gather important intel that was vital to our relations with other nations, and other garbage like that. Indoctrinated us to never question it, and I wouldn't have either, if I hadn't overheard them talk about the personal gains it gave them. The work that had consumed my life, and my fathers, had been for nothing more than lining their pockets. And when I looked into what the consequences were..."

Rosa threw the half-eaten apple to the ground, not feeling hungry anymore as the buildup were making him feel sick. "

"Businesses collapsing, causing hundreds or even thousands to end up without a job and sometimes home. Contracts that would have helped those in need, information swaying a corrupt judge, collapse of infrastructure, intense blackmail, and so on.

I ruined more lives than I could count, because I didn't ask questions. So I grabbed as many documents as I could from the innermost vault, and I flew off, as quickly as I could, until I found the only place that would harbor a fugitive of my crimes. King Thorax. A changeling with a bigger heart than should be possible, and a naivety that made him give me a chance to fix things. But there's no fixing what I've done.

I've helped him understand politics as best I can, whilst giving him the information I had and directing him on how to give them back to who mattered, and incriminating the ones ultimately responsible. It have done some damage, and mended a little, but it doesn't make up for the lives I ruined. No matter what I do, it doesn't.

That's what you saw in there. The scores of beings standing in huddles, shaking, crying, begging at graves, all starring at me and asking why... They're what I imagine when I think of my victims, especially now, when I have been given this strong visual..."

A tear fell from his eye, but he kept going. He either finished this now, or he'd shut up like a clam and forever stay silent.

"The one behind me, begging for me to help him, was my father. Thrown at the inquisitors, and tortured for information about where I was. Something he'd never be able to answer, but they would never listen if they had him. That's why I didn't turn around to look at them. If I had seen even a scratch on my father, it wouldn't matter if they were illusions, I would have rushed over to him without thinking..."

The smell of burnt apple reached his nostrils, as Omen took her apple off the fire and tried taking a bite from the scorched bottom half that had almost caught fire, but he didn't care about that, as much as wiping the tear that had rolled down from his left eye

"I thought that I had myself under control before we went in there, but I was wrong, and it could have ruined your lives too. One day, I hope that you can forgive me for this, but for now, all I can do is explain myself."

======================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"ℕ𝕠. ℝ𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕."

This one was going to be tough to explain for the spiderbot, as she didn't have many words for numbers in her system, and decaying rate of spiderweb weren't something she had a lot of ideas how to put out as well.

So instead she wandered quickly in front of Dusky, then used her forelegs to crudely write an answer into the ground.

Web decay after 30 minutes. No bio hazards.

It were an effective substance, but it did put to question if Molotov really only used spiders for his robots because it were easier, or if some of the things he had read through the other researcher had influenced his thoughts. Say, perhaps a compound to make webbing, as biology clearly wasn't his specialty, so he had to learn it from somewhere else.

Regardless, it seemed like the air had been cleansed somewhat, as Rusty kept the tour going, so things were going well once more. Pleasing to her, though seeing them go towards the office made the spiderbot wonder whatever or not they would run into others now. They had kept clear so far, but it wouldn't hold forever, surely.

Hopefully this were just overthinking it, and things would go well, without her having to web anypony that would attempt to damage her.

====================================================================================================

@Dji

Enzo leaned in close to the pony as he heard that there was no response from the parasite.

"If I held the power of the older sphinx, I could have torn her out and made her to speak. As I do not, I instead beseech her to talk, and state her demands, lest she prefers to find a cure for her presence instead."

He did not know what could be done, but he knew the strength of his better. There were always a way to get something done, as long as you were willing to pay the price.

================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"You may be made of that sister, but you need to not waste magic. We can't empower you forever.

But yes, let's go. The faster we get this done the better."

With that, Emerald opened the door, and walked through to the other side.

The place looked as gloomy and dark as ever. The earth around them were moist, the towering trees covering the place and likely keeping it hidden for most were thick and gnarled, and the skies above ever-cloudy. How things grew here were beyond her, but it were clear all around them. Apple trees hanging with golden variants, bushes filled with sickly berries, large vegetation spouting out of the ground, and so forth. Nothing normal grew here, but the potential of any of it were also exponentially greater, if you knew what to do.

A shadow passed by, and Emerald took a step back, covering under a large mushroom of some kind, as she glanced up towards the ghastly creature floating above them, draped in dark cloth. Not the owners of this place, but guards they needed to avoid regardless, if they wanted to succeed. They had a little way to sneak in, and it should be done undetected.

==============================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Not true. General Screecher have some pretty nifty string-weapons she attach to her hooves as her main one. But I don't think I have enough time for that. I asked about the axe mainly because I have one ready that just never did anything, yet not in the muzzle? Oh boy, this one's tricky."

"Perhaps if you inscribe it with the same runes his feather haves, he could control it the same way? I admit to not understand much of how this works, but is this possible, General Wings?"

Dew figured he'd pop in and offer his opinion on this little dilemma, though he wasn't sure if it would lead to anything. May well be the magic wings only worked on the feathers, though at least they'd know for sure then,, so they could think of other options.

============================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Okay, that's a major pain in the flank. Though aren't there something we could grab and run off with quickly? A book or something that might give us some details, if nothing else."

Iron had brought up some fair points on that being their home, and them having the home advantage there, but dangit. They had to be able to use their position to something, right? And if not, could they at least finally go and get something to eat? He knew he kept thinking on this, but it had been a loooong day, and he could frankly go for something else than air and fear.

Knowing full well that Iron could read his thoughts - though not aware if he had to focus or something - Chow tried to make it a little weird by imagining he ate in his meat storage. Sure, not everypony were all that fickle with hanging slabs of meat, or ground beef/whatever he could get his hooves on, but he were sure this would be a neat little prank, with nothing bad coming from it. Witches had surely seen worse than a wild hog cut in pieces.

@Blitz Boom
Nada didn't dodge out of the way of the hug, but it was mostly because she didn't realize anything before it was too late due her still trying to accept the truth about her situation. When the hug made contact, her muscles tensed up, but otherwise she didn't seem to react besides slight confusion rising on her face, she knew what hug was as a concept, but she had thought it was something ponies did only to each other. Again, she didn't interrupt the pony. 

"Thank you." Nada thanked as she finally came fully off the water and was now floating in the air above it "I'd like to get some fish first....it has been a while since I last ate one." she purposely ignored the part about the spy cams and didn't comment on it, she had no idea what they were, or what the pony was talking about in general most of the time...something then hit her Starswirl. "Wait..Starswirl or whatever, wasn't that the bearded pony?" "Are you saying he's still alive?" "And his friends too?" the fear was again apparent in her voice, "How?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby yet again listened the back and forth without interrupting, she had heard about Las Pegasus, but name was really the only thing she knew about it, though she had heard rumors that there was plenty of shiny things, but that stealing them was almost impossible.

"Well, you could say it's a bad habit, I have always liked me some fortune, in fact, I have a sixth sense for certain materials." her sixth sense was something that was unusual for even for a dragon, because though dragons did notice shiny things better than other creatures, her sense allowed to see them where they couldn't be seen, she could feel them even through walls, "And to prove my point...." she continued to explain the exact position, size, and shape of the area that the bits inside the wagon took, and also mentioned if there was any other pieces of precious metals or gems of any short in the wagon. After finishing, Ruby had smug smile on her face, she knew she would enjoy the reaction, no matter what it was. 

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Lucid took note of Anomaly's request. He saw Anomaly leave, he wasn't too worried because she'd probably be fine and be able to find return with the drone, but he called out to her anyway, which would probably be heard on that cube if she's too far.

"Hey, if you get lost, have trouble, or need me, or want to tell me a funny joke, just use that cube I gave you! You can use it to communicate with me and/or open a portal if you need or want to!"

He knew she'd back soon. Lucid had a question for Onache.

"So, since his name is Happy Hour, does he drink a lot? It really sounds like he drinks a lot."

He got to the sphinx's question.

"Well, as Fluttershy said, there was some pony of shadows, they were stopped, and all the pillars are back, which includes Somnambula."

12 hours ago, Dji said:

“As much as I would love to learn all about these books and what they contain, I kinda can’t be trapped here for all eternity, and neither can my friends,” Twiligjt told the Sphinx despite looking around at all the books around her. It was sorely tempting I crack a book open and start reading. If given a set limit, she old most likely get through maybe a quarter of the books within a weeek but even then she wouldn’t know what to do with all the knowledge. She managed to squeeze through a couple towers of the books and looked through the bars at Onache. “You’re getting flustered, Onache. Maybe now you realise being like Thorax isn’t a bad thing?”

The Sphinx blinked and looked at her with a frown. She was a very strange purple pony indeed. "Fine, you can read them at your leisure, at your library, they are waiting for your return" she said with a snort. The books disappeared and instead teleported into Twilight castle, some pony would notice them eventually when they opened the door at the very least. She blinked and thought about something before flicking her tail at her words. "Well shes either flustered and want to change into a colourful more powerful bug, or she is thinking about the problem we now face" she said with a grumble.

10 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

"Somnambula is very much alive," Fluttershy added, pouring a cup of tea, still warm despite all of this time locked up and talking. 

"Twilight needed help to defeat the Pony of Shadows, and so she brought the Pillars of Equestria back from Limbo. Somnambula doesn't look like she's worse for wear and looks fairly young. I couldn't say the same about Prince Hisan though."

*Grumbles* "Well this throws a spanner in the works" she growled

The Sphinx let out a sigh and sat down before reading a scroll out from thin air. She then levitated a map of Equestria and started staring at it. "hmmm, hmmmmmm, Interesting" she remarked. She then smiled and shrugged tossing both the map and scroll over her shoulder. "Seems that the kingdom doesn't exist anymore, well that's fortunate otherwise my deal would be invalid" she remarked.

"Though I'm only banished from the kingdom, and since your ruled by princesses. That would make it a Queen doom or Princessdom in this case" she giggled. She liked finding loopholes in things, she glanced at the temple and it seemed to have agreed with her logic. "Otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to be making deals here, or even be here technically" she smirked.

She flicked some sand, "The Prince wasn't a pillar, so hes dead along with his lineage otherwise I wouldn't be allowed here, whole banishment thing and all" she remarked. "Good thing too, I hate going back on deals due to a technicality." she growled. She flicked her tail she was half tempted to go and see what had happened to her temple, though she wouldn't with this deal with Onache, how irritating. 

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Onache was too furious at the ponies to really get scared of the sphinx right now. The large feline were not the only of these beings who threatened to squish her, and there were only so much you could shake at a threat before you began to get somewhat jaded to a similar or lesser threat, such at the sphinx.

She were about to give a response to said sphinx, and explain what she had meant about the deals and who she were truly blaming, when the threats ended, and she were plunged towards the sand beneath. A situation magic could fix easily, yet right now, that were not possible, and the angle combined with the relative short height meant that she would end up with a face full of sand in just a moment now.

Just before she hit the ground though, something popped up from the sand and softened her fall. A large, leathery flower, sprung by the draconequus who had now finally figured out how to alter herself enough for the time being to be able to use her magic again, despite the large gem hovering in the air. Granted, Anomaly had also grown a bulbous green maw on the tip of her tail that tried to snap at different folks, and a swan wing on her left side, but that was side effects. Couldn't have everything all *perfect and easy*.

"Got you, grumpy bug lady. Want me to go find your friend too, so you can talk about how you're gonna be all colorful and happy now?"

"...Fine, fetch Happy Hour if you are able. At least I shall have a trusted being with me then."

"Yey, this is gonna be a real party! I'm gonna go find sneaky bug pony. But first-"

She streeetched over to Lucid's side and talked excitedly in his ear.

"This is gonna be real special, so special food. I want something fun, like a ball of nectar, dipped in pure honey, milk chocolate and anti freeze. It's so sweet it will melt through your stomach, but it's sooooo good! See ya."

Anomaly licked lucid on the side of his face with an over-sized tongue, grinned, and then dug herself into the ground and went away to see if she could find the drone in question. She were pretty sure she'd heard the name in Ponyville, so it was gonna be a piece of cake.

Uuuh, she should bring cake back with her. That would be great.

Onache rose from the flower, with the thoughts flowing through her head on what to do, and what it would mean to try and go against everything here, and run off to make her move elsewhere.

First off, there wouldn't be an escape. As had been obviously started by the sphinx, you could not leave the desert without a deal, and if Onache ran from her current one, she would have none. Either the desert would take her then, or she would just end back here, beaten and desperate enough to make a less favorable deal.

Then were the option that she could stay, and simply not take ponies as prisoners and food source, yet what were the odds of that working without issue? There were limited numbers of beings outside of ponies, with griffons being the main choice as dragons tended to be more trouble than worth, and the formerly mentioned avian species could be a big issue as well, with their innate violent tendencies, and general strong will. It would take a good deal more out of her to keep them down, and for what? Their love were not as easily accessible as what ponies could give, so she'd need a big flock just to break even. and changing ponies would go against several parts of the deal, for the sphinx as well as the changeling. She were being backed into a corner, and her options seemed dim with every step her mind took.

Urgh, she needed Happy here... His intelligence were not as high as hers, but she knew that she could trust him. He might put some perspective on things for her, and help guide her for once. About time too, considering how long she had led him for.

A fleeting smile vaguely showed on her face as her last drone's face got into her mind. The one she had the least control over, yet by far her most loyal subject to date. He followed her willingly and didn't question her orders, no matter what she had asked of the former human, and not once had she needed to exert force over him to make that happen.

As little joy as it may bring her to think of this little sliver of light in this gloomy setting, the weak smile didn't last long enough to likely even be seen. There were important decisions to make eventually here, yet before that, she had to mend a little scorched and salted ground. Especially with the sphinx, who seemed... More furious about something other than the changeling's attitude? A pony by the sound of it, who had taken her former temple from her. And one who were still alive, nonetheless? Interesting.

"I don't drink tea, but fine, I will partake in your... Gathering. And do not think that I am flustered, and suddenly swayed to think that Thorax is better, princess. I listen because I have lost, and humor the thought on what I may have to become because I may have starving subjects otherwise, but I have yet to be convinced that your passive ways are the right one, or even a possible one. Far as I know, your *reform* includes having to regret what you've done, yes? A hard sell to a changeling queen."

She held back the snarky tone and settled on a more *dignifying others opinions matters* attitude, in case her persona would cause more ire to the sphinx. For a large feline that were clearly not shy of holding herself above others, it was impressive how sensitive she were about others doing the same, honestly.

As for the excuse for the comment regarding the deals before... This seemed like a bad time. Perhaps later, when this strange pony they spoke off were no longer such a hot topic.

Over at the regular tables, the bunny and the dracolisk were currently munching on a few things. It helped Lotus relax a little, whilst the dracolisk honestly just wanted something to eat. He'd have a nap on a dry, hard surface as soon as he were done tasting a few things more. Lotus would instead keep hoping that they weren't all set on fire by the sphinx in some way.

The Sphinx was back to reading a different scroll and frowned, she had just realised something and it made her smile. She smirked and looked at Onache, "About that whole lack of feeding on ponies. Yeah you can actually do that. I can't enforce any deal which prevents you on feeding on prey species during times of food stress, which you would undoubtedly be under since you can't eat most things like normal ponies." she said reading the scroll some more.

"huh, that's a new one. You can't wear hats inside when its raining. I will keep that in mind...... Ramsey 1st pharaoh of the Late Southern Equestrian Dynasty... Interesting, wonder what else he has agreed. Free food for the sphinx on days ending with a y. Well that's rather thoughtful of him, after all i'm sure he couldn't spell correctly. Though he did break this deal eventually, however due to that famine. Hmmm, probably doesn't apply though since she wasnt a pony" she smirked.

The Sphinx thought about it and smirked. "Well since Onache is a changeling, she would be entitled to this since her kind didn't break the rule, the ponies broke this and thus they do not get the right to eat." She flicked her tail it was flawed logic but it seemed to suit the temple so she didn't push the subject too much, after all she wanted to get the deal broken so she could vacate to her old temple.

That one at least had decent plumbing. 

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, as Fluttershy said, there was some pony of shadows, they were stopped, and all the pillars are back, which includes Somnambula."

The Sphinx rolled her eyes, "couldn't you just leave them in limbo? Well I suppose they had their use in the past, protecting all of equestria from all those beasties that are not as pleasant as myself. Technically Somnambula was only a pillar after meeting myself so you could say that I saved all of equestria and deserve some of the praise and rewards." she remarked.

She liked that idea, "Like a lifetime supply of food. Though not a McDonald voucher or some like, those places are worse then KFC. Too much salt" she grumbled, she blinked at the ponies. "Well suppose your not quite at that level yet" she smirked.  

@BloodDrops @Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Lucid corrected the sphinx on his intentions to make it known that no rule was broken.

"Actually, I did not try to remove any ability to feed from the changelings. I merely tried to make it to where they had to find an alternative to ponies to feed. Therefore ponies are still allowed to eat."

He heard the sphinx talk about how she wants free food and something about too much salt.

"What do you have against salt?"

As for the terms, there were things to discuss.

"Ok, so what are the current terms we have? I wanna speed this along because you're boring."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Lucid_Nightlight

Discord rolled his eyes, floating the tea Fluttershy so thoughtfully poured over to the Sphinx. "As much as I'm enjoying the chaos, I believe both sides should be allowed to eat. I have warped minds and twisted beings, but I have yet to take away one's free will.. Simply warped them into making different choices with that will." He coughed into a talon, "Anyways... the point is that the changelings should be free to stay the way they are if they so choose. Taking that choice away will only make them hate it all the more, and if they are both hateful and no longer in need of ponies for a food source.. Well, I'm fairly certain we can all guess where that would go."

The Chaos spirit snapped a talon, conjuring a glowing pink stone about the size of a teapot. "I have a proposal of sorts. I can create a stone of love energy that will refill each day, allowing you to feed you and your changelings enough to live and defend yourselves but not enough to go out and cause problems.. On the condition that you take no hostile actions against the ponies unless it is in self-defense." He offered to Onache, not really caring about the outcome one way or the other but still curious how she might react.

@Blitz Boom 

"We're so sorry to hear that, Rosa. Hearing about this 'dementia,' slowly losing memories and learning about your father..."

Both Sen and Lin looked to the bat pony, saddened by his tale. For a moment, they forgot about their own worries and listened intently. Losing memories over time, not being able to do a lot about it, that left the siblings speechless, wondering what it was like. There were bits here and there that Sen remembered from their talk, with Lin picking up on the things he did in his line of work. She remembers telling him about how he's changed, how he didn't stick to doing what he did once he learned the truth, then running off to seek asylum with King Thorax. Now here they are, sharing their stories and sharing the pain that came with those experiences. Lin looked to Sen, both seemingly knowing what the other was thinking: Sen had the tendency to extend a hug to Omen whenever he was filled with big and heavy emotions. Back then, he couldn't seem to control himself, just giving one whenever he felt like he needed to get something off his chest. 

Now, perhaps it was a good moment. Even Lin wanted to do it, and so both walked up to Rosa and gave him a warm and tender hug. It was as if they wanted to tell him that things will get better. Rosa's past couldn't be changed, and it still haunted him. They couldn't tell him how to fix it since they didn't know what it was like to be in his place. All they can do is give him comfort in this difficult time. Though maybe the invasion of personal space is unwarranted, it was the one thing they knew that could help. 

"You don't need to apologize to us, but if it helps, we forgive you," Sen calmly replied. "We can't make this pain go away with just a few talks, but we believe you are still good and you can make things right to the best of your abilities. If helping you find Stargazer can ease your worries, you only need to ask." 

The two were honestly winging it as far as helping Rosa goes. They knew they had to help but weren't sure if this was the right way to go about it. What is true is that they know what it is like to be the ones asking for help but not receiving a response adequate enough, until they met Omen. It felt good, and who knows just how many others needed this kind of support when they had no one else to turn to. Maybe they had to start small, but they had to do something. Hopefully it was enough for Rosa right now. 

==================================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Discord, can you conjure up another teacup for Onache please?"

Fluttershy waited but for now, she opted to continue speaking with the changeling. She might be on to something with how things are going at the moment. 

"Admitting you're at fault and feeling regretful about it is hard for anyone who is proud, or has too much of it. The first step is admission, and that what you're going through led you to making a decision that wronged somepony. All I can ask is that you give yourself a chance to try another way. If not for you, then for your subjects. I'm sure they'll appreciate it."

Though Discord's suggestion was a fairly sound one, the pegasus preferred Onache would follow Thorax's example. It was through naturally realizing just how bad things are for the changelings to remain starved for love that they choose to become who they are now than to stay in their old forms. It wasn't a favorable choice to some, as Onache so put it, but it was a choice freely made. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk though that he understood what the spiderbot meant by clanks alone, denying the fact that it'd be washed off and instead was automatic.  Of course though, Dusk was given another demonstration of Felicia rather quick and crafty was to get something across.  Even if she didn't have the necessary voice box to help with speech, at least she would spell.  Carving out a message in the ground right before Dusk.

"Even better, it goes away on it's own," the midnight blue stallion relayed to Rusty as the group continued on with the tour.  He was sure to Rusty, that was a much better outcome than having to wash the web away.  Which would probably end up being his responsibility somehow.

"Although it seems temporary, that web could still be quite useful."   She was basing this off the assumption that Felicia used these webs like a regular spider, which would require the material to be very strong to hold that much bot metal to a wall or ceiling.  Rusty could think of several things around the scrap yard Felicia could help with.  Oh, even with a few of the upcoming community projects later this month.  Issues for another time.

She led the trio through a few more rows in the scrap yard until they were entering the central area.  Finally revealing to Felicia that Rusty wasn't the only pony that worked here.  Up in the crane, a gray pony with a thick mustache was pushing levers to and fro.  The cane spun and lifted the large scoop of the crane into various piles of scrape and dumping them onto trailers or into the crusher or into the furnace.  Following a slip of parchments with today's orders hanging from a clipboard on the window.  Other big strapping stallions moved those trailers to other parts of the yard for other purposes.  Another mare and stallion were collecting the cubes of crushed scrap and loading them up onto other trailers or putting them into different piles.  An orange colored mare loaded molds into the furnace so that the melted metals could be shaped into their new purposes.

Stopping as she entered the central area, she waved her clipboard at all the activity going one.  "Well Felicia, here is my crew."

The changeling queen glanced at the cup of tea, but made no move to actually touch it. While she could drink water, or certain beverages close enough to it, changelings in general tended to only be able to consume love. Food and most beverages were an issue, depending on the changeling in question, and left most to only be able to take in water, and get sick by attempting to ingest other things. She had seen firsthoof what that looked like, when she had been under Chrysalis's employ and seen desperate drones trying to get something in that could quench their thirst.

Now, Onache was not a pleasant being. She would openly enslave her own kind if needed, and exile the weak from her hive. And that wasn't even touching on what she were willing to do towards ponies and other lesser beings. Yet even she had found herself feeling sympathy towards them, and further distaste against Chrysalis for failing to feed them. That so many had become dissenters even before the Thorax incident were hardly a surprise really, considering that.

"Changelings can rarely drink tea without suffering from it.

Happy is different. He cannot eat, yet he can drink most things. Including some of the alcohol that he creates. A useful craft from before his conversion that he maintains proficiency in."

She didn't outright tell that it was because it was useful for him to keep at that, because he could then infiltrate towns easier, but it shouldn't have to be said either. They were changelings after all, and their real trade was acquiring love. So she used him as a scout to find good targets for them, or occasionally to send individuals back to the hive that he thought she may find interest in. Being able to drink along with others and keeping a jovial, happy exterior made him a valuable asset, over the scouts that she had used in the past, who had occasionally not come back as they copied somepony else that then returned, or they messed up the interactions with others.

"I have answered, now I want to see how you will attempt to convince me to follow your way. As I see it, with Discord's generous offer, there is now two hurdles set in the way of your plan.

Firstly, I can get all the love I need from that heart, and all I have to do for it is to follow the deals that have already been made, so why would I need to change?

Secondly, you speak of regretting things, yet I regret nothing. The only thing I feel over my accomplishments in trapping and bending the will of ponies, are pride, and I find it doubtful that you can change that. Caring about the feelings of my prey is as if a griffon cared for the fish which they feast upon.

Begin with this, and let me see if you can convince me to *turn a new leaf*, as unlikely as I find the notion."

She was a vain, egocentric being who cared only for power, and keeping her subjects fed. If the feeding were no longer an issue, then she could focus on power, which were likely a good place to strike at her for this. Relying on the gem would just make her a chained pet, among other things, and when strength were all that was left to matter to you, being locked down were an issue.

Though of course, there were many ways to go at this, as well as the second point, and the beings around had seemed capable to nudge her towards if not reforming, then at least to isolating herself and not causing any trouble. And really, to her, even if she changed forms, it wouldn't have to mean that she would be good either. Just that she would have to utilize those she captured in other ways than as food.

@Catpone Cerberus

Siren's sure felt different than Berry had thought. Something more like a soft dragon that had been in the water for a while, rather than a more slimy eel kind of situation. Probably for the best really, as otherwise she'd now be covered in slime, which never tended to be good. That stuff just got everywhere, and cleaning your ears in a lake was a hassle.

It might have taken away too from the majesty of watching the siren float out of the water. Sure, Berry had seen some old pictures like everypony who had history in school, but actually seeing it? She could feel almost feel the lights of wonder sparkling in her eyes at the sight. Gave a good full view of the siren too, and yeah, she still wasn't scary to look at. Small siren like this shouldn't make folks all that concerned, right?

And speaking of concern, it seemed like Starswirl had sparked up some of it. She were sure that wasn't the first time that had happened, but that was a beef with him and his goons for another time.

"Yeah, they're back, and get this: They've been stuck in limbo for all this time. Ironic, right? The mage and his goons got themselves banished after doing the same thing to so many others. Don't worry though, they're not in charge of this place. If the princess got your back, any sort of attack they do on you makes Them the villains. Besides, feeling the other side of the medal have got to have done something to their self-righteous attitude, right? If not, me and Mr. Hammer will have a talk with them."

Considering what she just said, smiling gleefully was not really helping Berry look any saner, but come on, she couldn't make a little joke now and again? Lighten up, world.

@Catpone Cerberus

Ruby would there to be quite a bit to talk about. 723 bits to be exact, in bags of a 100 each plus one opened in the compartment in said wagon. There were also a small bag of rubies, some dark pearls, three silver rings and a necklace with a sapphire locked up tight. The dragon in disguise even managed to scout out the ace of diamonds, low-grade silver playing card, with the encrusted diamonds in the right spots. A gift that Spicy had long since come to think of as her lucky charm, and had locked up better and more securely than anything else in the wagon, even if it was the least valuable. You could make something like it for around 10 bits if you had a bit of skill with tools.

And all the while the things were being called out, Spicy had gotten progressively more surprised and awestruck in her expression. Her jaw even began to slack a little, whilst Marley were more subtle in his response, with a raised eyebrow that indicated that he was impressed.

"That... Fairly impressive, Ruby. I've traveled far and wide, and met all kinds of creatures, but I've never seen anypony who could literally feel valuables like this."

She paused for a moment to compose herself again. Ruby had certainly gotten her attention now, and the implications of somepony with skills like this were pretty far reaching. Just imagining the sort of things that the gold-feeler could be used for were sparkling ideas into Spicy's head already, which was mostly followed by the sound of jingling coins falling into their hooves and claws.

"Y'know, I don't normally go around and advertise this sort of thing, but if we work well during this job, I might know a way or two for you to utilize your gift to really rake in some tangible dough. Not just a goof chunk from sweeping old tombs that have already been raided to see if there's something hiding behind the walls. Which we're definitely going to be doing this time around, that's for sure.

No, I'm talking the big times, where the bits are so plentiful that even if you roll with the hundreds, it'll cover you head to toe in no time."

"Boss, calm yourself here. Ruby have shown a r emarkable skill, but let's not jump into things without knowing her a little better. You wouldn't want to rely on Her to get us out of the fire again, right?"

Spicy cringed slightly at the warning, knowing full well the situation and pony in question. What a nasty situation it had been to be in that relied somepony like her to bail them out.

"You're right. We'll see how this goes first, though I'm hoping we can count on you to the end of our current arrangement, Ruby. Don't go and get soft on us or anything. Trust me, you'll understand what that means later."

@EQ_Theta

Rosa were not one to cry much. When life became hard, he tended to respond to it by wandering away for a time, or as had been the case with his fathers condition, drink his cares away. Crying were not something that he normally partook in, and especially around others, so the tear from before had felt pretty big for him.

That were dwarfed when the two siblings embraced him and tried to comfort him though, and an actual stream of tears began to fall from his eyes. He tried to hold it back, but the more he tried, the more they just seemed to push through, and he soon found himself unable to just stop the flood from falling as they stood there, even after the siblings had let go of him, Rosa couldn't stop it, and just fell on his flank whilst the tears rolled down his silent face, turned towards the ground.

Omen went over at that point, and with the half-burnt apple in her muzzle, patted him slowly on the shoulder. Hugging seemed to make him cry, so that seemed bad, but she had spotted other ponies do this before in response. Didn't do a whole lot, but it didn't make it worse either, so it were somewhat of a success for her.

"H-Heh, it's... Special."

Rosa half-whimpered this as a smile spread on his muzzle and a chuckle escaped him.

"I've barely done anything good for you since we met, and yet you keep helping, and even forgive me when I brought your lives in danger. I don't know how you have the strength to do that, but I thank you. Not just for the words. For everything."

Rosa wasn't sure how to go about this as he began to try and compose himself again, with his tear-filled face shaking under the chuckled and Omen's continued patting of his head.

"Sen, Lin, and Omen, I don't know how I deserve to have the friendship of any of you, but I thank you with all my being for it, even if I ended up sobbing like a foal. Somehow, I think I needed that."

"You needed to cry? Does something hurt?"

Rosa shook his head whilst chuckling a little harder for a few seconds at Omen's question, and patted her hoof back, which confused her enough to stop all movement and wait to see what would happen.

"Yeah, something hurts, and it's always going to. But it's okay, Omen. We're all suffering from something in our past, but we're not forced to stand alone with it. It helps easing the pain."

He'd get hold of himself soon enough, and tomorrow he'd likely go back to being a stoic, sort of to the side emotionally pony, but right now, Sen and Lin had broken some bounds that had left him in quite state, and for the first time in a long, long time, he didn't feel bad about not having his emotions under control. Those two were something special alright, and hopefully one day soon, he could be as helpful to them, as they had been to him the last few days.

@Rising Dusk

So this were how the scrapyards inner gears functioned.

Felicia was fascinated by the efficiency by which these ponies proceeded taking care of what to most must simply look like a heap of trash, indistinguishable from one another. Nothing seemed delayed as she looked at them. Everything were almost automated in a sense actually, showing that these ponies must have done this for a long time, or at least learned quickly.

The cubes made her give out a small whir of approval more than the rest. Moving scrap around were one thing, but when you just needed the metal, focusing them into that form were a great way to both save space and make it more transportable, eventually saving on time needed for removal. It was a high degree of efficient, solid work that would have made her purr if she had the capability. This were how things were supposed to work. Orderly, and with distinct purposes by all the parts that made the big machine.

The gears - or workers, as Rusty called them - hardly seemed to take notice off them too, if at all. In regards to the crane, she felt better with it being that way, as looking at that, combined with the crusher... She liked the efficiency, but she did not enjoy the thought that she may be given an up close, involuntary demonstration on how it worked. The furnace where they remelted the metal was less likely to bring her harm than the crusher, honestly, though that too were one of those things there were better being fascinated at from a distance.

"𝔼𝕩𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜. 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕡𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕣𝕦𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖."

If Molotov would have been here, he would have said something about the looks or the like potentially, but Felicia didn't care much for that. She focused on how effective they were, and saw that as something that were to be praised, rather than begin talks on looks via her limited words on that subject.

To try and appear friendly - as somepony would have likely noticed the three of them sooner or later - she rose a leg up and did an an awkward wave. It were about the best she could do with her current limitations, and would hopefully not be seen as an attack, and give her some instantaneous enemies.

====================================================================================================

@Pr0m4NV14

"Just call me Nerzhei. And watch out for these."

She bend down on a knee and picked up the book that Mike had just shaken off, and closed it properly.

"Literature isn't around forever if it's not handled correctly. Who knows who might need this book at some point in the future, but cannot find it because it have been mishandled or destroyed? I'm sure the princess wouldn't want her collection to be out of order either."

Suddenly, a large mass of books suddenly fell down behind Mike from seemingly thin air, and scattered around some of the floor in the huge library. Something which made the draconess cringe, as much like Twilight, she were a bit of a stickler about order in your literature. This right here was a mess, but at least it gave her something to do in here, other than worry about Lotus constantly.

"I'll get those sorted, though you're right. This library should be somewhat large, so perhaps I can find something in here that will help regarding the sphinx... Perhaps I should just put these to the side for now, and then sort them through afterwards."

She wandered into the room, and suddenly felt her jaw slacking. From the outside, this room had seemed to hold quite a few books, but inside... It was vast, at least for her, who had not even seen a proper library in her entire life. Tome after tome filled the shelves and while this may be mostly for public use, so it wouldn't be anything too exciting for most, Nerzhei had not had access to all that many books in Dragon land, so any amount that were publicly available like this were a potential treasure trove for her. When all this were over, she would have to talk to the princess about how long one might sit in here and read in a given day, and then take full advantage of whatever time that would be. Provided that dragons had the same rights here as others that were, though she suspected that long as she followed the rules and didn't become a nuisance, things would be fine.

Sorrow on the other hoof, focused more on Mike himself, as she didn't read all that much normally. A few novels had gone by in her lifetime, but it was just so boring reading about the outside compared to going out and actually experiencing the world. At least in her opinion.

"You're not hurt Mike, right? Sounded like you had a bit of a hard encounter with a shelf in there."