Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@BloodDrops @Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Smack Pringle? Why would Novia do that? She saw Pringle has the sweetest thing ever, despite knowing that the lizard can be aggressive at times.

"He says that you tried to mess with him simply to see how long it would take to get him to snap when you first met him earlier. He doesn't exactly take kindly that. And of course Lucid is gonna do something if you try to eat his pet. He's really protective when it comes to Pringle."

Lucid added something to what Novia said.

"Well, that probably explains why Pringle is so mad at you. Maybe if you apologize to him, he'll be a lot nicer."

Novia turned her attention to Discord. She has never seen anyone with emitting this much chaotic energy before. Lucid has told Novia about a draconequus named Discord, this just had to be him. He matched Lucid's description exactly. She took a quick peek into his mind in which she found much of it confusing, but she relieved to see that this Discord guy seemed to have no bad intentions by the looks of it.

"I'm guessing that you are Discord? Lucid told me about you. He once told me about how ANNOYED he was when he was gonna try to stop you when you sided with Tirek, but Twilight and her friends started handling the situation before he could. Honestly though, he probably would've lost if he went up against you, so it was probably for the best. Seriously, he'd get destroyed many times over if he tried to fight you."

Lucid looked over at Novia and Discord. While what Novia was saying was likely true, he didn't like the idea of losing, it was his least favorite thing to do.

"Yes, yes, we get it, I'd get absolutely destroyed in a direct fight. Besides, I'm more annoyed about them heading out to handle the Storm King before I could do it. I was so ready to go fight that guy, but Twilight and her friends were already on their way, so I just stayed in Canterlot. I was gonna try and let everyone out of the cages, but no! They went on about how they wanted Twilight to let them out. So then I just sat around outside of the cages talking to one of the caged ponies about how the Equestrian military needs a serious upgrade."

That reminded him. He turned to Twilight to tell him something he's been meaning to tell her ALL DAY.

"You should really upgrade your military. Seriously, military related technology is so outdated in this world! You should start making the stuff those humans have, they got some pretty serious military technology. Some better training would be helpful to the guards too."

@Blitz Boom

Sapphire looked down and sighed to herself. "You shouldn't worry. You remember the way to this plant better than I do, right?" She asked, knowing she could easily prevent them from taking anything from them. "I could go there, and stop them. without hurting them." The way she spoke was sinister, but she knew that they'd listen to her, or even trust her too easily, it was fixing her sister that was more concerning than whether or not her daughter was- 'Wait what am I thinking- No... I should've helped her from the start in this same way, rather than abandon her for a new family.' She thought to herself, already prepared to teleport there, but she awaited Emerald's response.

==================================

@Blitz Boom

Iron glanced to Chow as he pulled out books. "Wait!" He jumped over, getting Chow out of the way with a push, careful not to knock Chow over as a trap was set off. Sending a blast of magic to further ensure the books protection, but iron easily shielded it off after he got Chow out of the way. "Remember? You said watch out for traps. we need to do that before we grab anything." he said, looking to the bookshelf, casting a spell in front of himself to detect magic. "Most of their books are protected it seems, only they can read it." he sighed, disappointed. "Except you." He pulled out one book, hard leather back, covered in runes on the spine, the front decorated with etchings.

"What is so special about that one?"

"Magic book, literally. Has a mind of its own." He opened it up and read through the pages.

Astral rolled her eyes, hoping this book couldn't talk. "Just keep looking, as long as we get out of here before anypony shows up."

==================================

@Dji

Zealous turned around swiftly to her, almost startling how quickly he did so. "What company?" He said, raising his head to look behind her. "I don't need any, haven't needed it for ages." He chuckled a bit as he looked back down at her, with his eyes closed. "Well, you have already gotten what you need already, right?" He said, raising his head again as he gave her a somewhat, frustrated expression. "No need to give me company, a stranger essentially."

Crystal sighed to herself, not wanting anything to see something heat up in front of her, getting up from her seat, having left bits for the bill as she made her way over to the two. "Is everything alright here?"

@Blitz Boom

"If you're comfortable with pulling locks of hair from your body, we've got plenty of time before morning. Maybe I can help you out. What do you have in mind?"

Lin brandished her claws and tried wrapping one around some hair to see if it could make a quick cut without taking any unnecessary strands off. "It makes a clean cut."

As for the matter with Mother getting angry, it seemed like this was going to be one of those confusing topics that Omen would probably be stuck thinking about. It was a simple enough idea for Lin to wrap her head around but for Omen's sake, she'd take this one slow. The young ones in the village needed time to absorb some difficult and contradicting ideas; perhaps this was one of those times when Lin needed to take the kind of tone a mother would, and be a patient guide. 

"I won't argue with you; Mother loves her all of her children, and that she loves us, but love isn't exactly simple and straightforward. Sometimes, we do things she might not like. Mother would be angry with us but that doesn't mean she doesn't love us anymore. She still does, and her being angry means she cares about what we do and the consequences of our actions. If she didn't love us, she wouldn't care about what happens to us. Love can be shown in many forms, sometimes it doesn't seem to make sense at first. At the same time, some will try to use that explanation to manipulate you, an excuse to keep hurting you under the guise of love. Not everyone will see things the same way and that means you should be careful. But I trust Mother, and I know Sen does too." 

=================================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @BloodDrops @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit 

"Lucid, please understand that Celestia didn't leave Twilight a lot of information before we were run out of Canterlot to search for the Hippogriffs. We ended up having to go to Klugetown for help but we were nearly sold! Why would anypony want to sell ponies?"

That was a terrible memory from her travels. It was already bad enough she and her friends were hungry, thirsty, tired, and desperate to be pointed to another direction, but to be conned by an opportunistic cat and nearly sold twice in one day... she wouldn't want to think of it any further. On the positive side, she did genuinely befriend the con artist from Abyssinia, a sly fellow by the name of Capper. Rarity seemed to hit it off with him before they parted ways, leaving him with a new jewel and gold-encrusted coat with matching top hat. From what he told them, the cat would be traveling the Captain Celeano and the pirates for a while, then who knows where their paths will take them? The pegasus hoped Capper and the pirates would find happiness on their travels. 

Oh, what did you mean by 'they'? Who said they wanted Twilight to let them out of the cages?"

@Blitz Boom
Nada just listened as Berry talked, partly because she didn't want to interrupt, and partly because she still didn't understand part of what she was talking about, not that she really knew what to say to that other than 'I see' anyway.

When Berry mentioned the word friend, it got Nada slightly off guard, Friends? am I your friend? and she didn't expect her to hug her again either, though she still didn't do anything to stop it, nor did she hug back, fearing that she would accidentally hurt Berry due the size difference.

"Yes it was." Nada replied with surprisingly friendly tone "Thank you for bringing me here....no...thank you for everything." "You probably can't imagine how much you have done for me by just talking to me, not to mention you trying to help me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby indeed had sensed Marley before he had made his presence known, but she decided to not mention it since it was something ponies usually weren't able to do. She was glad to hear than Marley hadn't actually managed to see her, not that she really cared for privacy per say, she just liked where this was going and knew that her real nature getting revealed could ruin everything....though even in that case she wouldn't leave empty hoofed...handed....taloned?

"Though I find it slightly insulting that you still think that I could be working with the 'law', I don't blame you for being careful." she grinned a bit "I wouldn't trust myself either if I met myself." "After all, like you said, you can never be too careful."

@Blitz Boom

It was impossible to tell what could be going through the mind of the spider bot.  She had no facial expressions or any tells at which to determine what she might be thinking.  Or if anything he was saying got through to her, if she understood or even cared.  Perhaps though, it presented Dusk with an interesting thought.  He might not be all the aware of his own expression when listening to others.  Often times it looked like he wasn't even paying attention to what somepony was saying, but he indeed was.  Most ponies he knew had just gotten use to the fact that Dusk was always listening even if it didn't look like he was.  Something to consider in future conversations mayhaps.

"There are fourteen ponies who work at the O.M.I. currently and we all investigate magic based crimes in different ways.  I have a rare, maybe unique, gift to actually see magic.  A whimsical ethereal weave that is the spell.  With this, I can deconstruct how the spell works, how it is held together and in essence, know where it is weak so I can pull it apart.  Any unicorn is capable of dispelling magic, it just comes to the degree of such ability.  Where most unicorns might take days or weeks to remove an enchantment from an artifact, I can do it in minutes.  Seconds if I'm already familiar with the spell.  Because of such feats, and solving a big case that had been looming over the city for some time, the agency gave me the title 'Spell Breaker'."  It was a rather long explanation, but based on the sheer lack of knowledge exchanged on such things, the art of a career around the dispelling of magic appeared rare in Equestria.

Coming to the end of the alley, Dusk stopped and turned sideways toward Felicia.  Lifting his back leg up slightly to more expose his flank more clearly to the spider bot.  More specially the orange magatama rising over a shining yellow starburst.  "This is my Cutie Mark.  A mark us ponies obtain when we find our calling in life, or a characteristic that makes us unique."  Putting his leg back down he continued along their trek back to the workshop.  "I earned it when I was a young colt in school.  A fellow student had been accidentally hit with a dangerous Hex that threatened her life.  I managed to dispel it before any harm could come to her.  It was the first time I'd managed to perform magic, and it was also the same time my Cutie Mark appeared."

It wasn't must longer before the time for story telling was coming to an end and the pair managed to leave the last of the alleys.  Workshop 05 looming in the distance.

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE/ATZY

"You sound like you want to study us," Atzy replied in a thoughtful tone. She didn't understand why she thought that, maybe it was Karmic's influence, or maybe it was the fact she could sense it about him. Then again, Atzy could be completely wrong about this.

'Study!? Why study!? We are not an experiment, Atzy!' Karmic cried angrily and thumped against the compartment Atzy had thrust her into.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

"Oh, hello," Watts waved to Crystal, temporarily ignoring Zealous. "I recognise you from when you talked with that papyrus creature. And no, you're not. I'm accompanying this stallion, Zealous Enigma, to help with whatever he's got going because he's been so helpful to me." She then turned back to Zealous and smiled broadly. "Isn't that right?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora giggled at the festivities that suddenly sprung about them and almost missed Onache's question. She turned to face the changeling in question and cleared her throat. "What's it like in your new form? I wasn't a part of Thorax's hive that changed with him because I was living in Griffonstone."

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta, @BloodDrops, @Storm Shine, @Lucid_Nightlight, @Seamore Sandwich, @Moonlit

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Then all of them are still alive," Twilight replied, feeling perturbed at the Sphinx. "All ten of them. That was a trick riddle because it forces the answerer to focus on the number of fish in the tank rather than the entire question."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hehe, don't sweat it. I'm just happy to help. Besides, couldn't just leave you back there. What sorta monster would do that to a friendly being? Okay, somewhat friendly at first, but I've been through worse welcomes. And some parties. You wouldn't believe the sort of weird theme bars and festivities you can run into if you look around the block long enough.

Plus, you've been in that lake for millennia. There's no way you're part of The Conspiracy then, and It's awesome to have a friend who isn't potentially just out to lure you into a trap."

It were pretty fortunate for them both to have met one another frankly. Berry had somepony she could talk to that was untainted by the influence of the evil Conspiracy, and Nada had somepony who wanted to help her get back into life, and who wasn't scared of her. If it had been one of the more zealous types that ran into the siren, this would've gone way worse. Or Celestia forbid, that it was Doctor Whooves who fell over her. That weird guy would be back with a full test kit of something. She had seen him do the same thing to a changeling being caught once, but she hadn't stuck around to look at what happened from there. That guy weirded her out, plus he were already been kept watch over by The Conspiracy, via Derpy. Berry didn't trust that mare further than she could throw her, though she acted nice around the mailmare. Couldn't let the others get a whiff about her knowing that Derpy were one of their agents, who they had played off as having a lazy eye, when it was actually a spy cam. That's why it went all over the place.

"So, what's the plan now, Nada? I got the day off, so I'm game for whatever."

===========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Right on the money. And hey, feel free to do the same if you think we're out to get you. Fair's fair and all that jazz."

"Hmhm, indeed."

Marley looked down on Ruby with an amused look going over his face from her unfazed reaction to his presence. She had known that he were there, but it were more than that, wasn't it?

He walked slowly around and past Ruby, and gave her a glance as he were right at her side, aiming to catch her eye. The look in his were one of amusement still, yet something else played in. An almost... Knowingly glance, before he spoke his mind to her.

"How delightful to not meet someone who isn't reacting badly to what is going on, my dear equine. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of what hides beneath, but we should be on our way. We're nearly there now, and we wouldn't want to delay too long. After all, this will be quite the game-changer for you, Ruby."

The way he put a little extra pressure on the way he said *equine* and the way he phrased things afterwards were meant as a way to tell Ruby that he knew that she were not what she seemed, though Spicy seemed none the wiser about this, but just thinking that the griffon was talking to hear his own voice again.

Ponies were predictable in Marley's experience. If you snuck up on them, they would react certain ways. If they didn't know you were there, generally wincing, reactive counter-measures, surprise, and so on were the norm, with the few who could sense him i advance either showing themselves to be more wary, or attempting to hide that they hadn't expected things. Yet Ruby? She had been completely unfazed and cold about it. Ponies did not react that way. They were far too emotional for that.

So to him, he were thinking that Ruby were a changeling. He didn't judge that she wouldn't want to reveal that. They had a bad rep, and she were likely hungry and had no other ideas what to do with herself, so she utilized a skill and just followed the first ones who offered a way to truly go the length with it. No issue to him, and she could keep her charade up for as long as she'd like. Unless she attempted to drain them in their sleep, it didn't impact him, and that she'd sometimes find some gullible bystander and have her feast in private, that wasn't his concern. They didn't pay him, so why should he care about their well-being?

============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen didn't really stop to think it through as she tore a good hoofful of hair from her mane, without a trace on her that it hurt. She felt something from it, which wasn't all that comfortable, but it weren't much, so it didn't register as all that much to her. A perk of having some dulled senses, though not knowing when to do things because it hurt were likely weird.

The barren patch that were now on her head from where she had pulled the hair out, would slowly begin to be overtaken by the surrounding mane to repair the damaged area. An hour or so, and it would look as if she had never pulled the strands of ever-moving hair from herself.

As for what to do with them, Omen still needed to think over that. She had seen others braid things before. Perhaps she could braid some necklaces or something? She might need to pull more hair for that, but that should be okay she guessed.

More importantly though, were Lin's explanation, which she had to focus more on to try and get every bit of information with her.

From how Omen's confused eyes got even more blank than they tended to be, Lin should be able to tell that what she said were hard to register for the old mare.

"Hate can be love, and love can hurt you?

...Is this why Mother doesn't tell the siblings who yells bad things at her, to stay away? They hate her, but they still love her?"

It tended to happen more often than not that when their siblings gained enough self insight, they'd eventually discover some truths about themselves, and not everypony took it well. They'd come back and yell at Mother, calling her very bad things and say lots of things Omen didn't understand. But Mother just took it, and at worst would loudly proclaim that it was enough scolding, yet she never said to any of them that they were not welcome, and those who did tend to come back seemed to be at a better mood when they wandered in to speak with Mother in privacy.

It was the closest she could compare this to, and trying to understand what was going on. If this wasn't anything like it, she'd have to mull over this at some point when she had the time to really process things, and then hope to sort it out a little by little then.

====================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Emerald glared at her sister silently, thinking over what to do here, before she finally just let out a snort and gritted her teeth.

"Handle it, or I will. I'm not letting them foil our plans again."

With that, she turned her back on Sapphire and began to keep on her trek further inside the orchard. She'd get the plant and return to the basement later, and hopefully it would then have been handled so she didn't have to get her own hooves dirty. Sapphire wouldn't like it, and the two of them had a tense alliance right now. Hurting her new family would be a risk of splitting them apart again, and Emerald didn't want that. Yet if she had no choice, she would defend her actions, so Sapphire better be sure that she could deal with them.

She would've kept an eye on the situation further, but it seemed like her scrying ward wasn't what it used to be. The vision were fading rapidly already, and within a few seconds, she wouldn't be able to make anything out anymore. The sight of somepony nearly getting hit by one of her traps came into view, though she couldn't see who it were, or what book. Hopefully not the talking one. It might not be of any concern when it came to the ressurection  she had planned, but it were still a highly valuable read, and it had taken her a long, long time to make it trust her enough to reveal the true spells on its pages. Threats just made it retaliate, so it had to like you, or it may just fool you out of spite with a spell that could end up causing the one casting it to turn green, grow an extra limb, shrink or something else.

Emerald were never sure if it just disliked her specifically on sight, and would be kinder to others upon their first meeting, as she hadn't shown it to others after *finding* it, but she sure hoped it wasn't just her. The spells within shouldn't be shared with others as far as she were concerned.

=================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Chow felt a sinking feeling in his chest from knowing that he had just done something very stupid, and was about to pay for it. He had been the one warning about traps, and yet he had been the first to wander right into one. What a bonehead move, even for him.

Then suddenly, he were pushed out of the way as Iron dealt with the magic blast that had been aimed right at Chow. He were saved from his own stupidity, but the words right after certainly felt like a stinging scolding. And a warranted one too, because that had really been a dumb, dumb thing for Chow to have done right after talking about caution and not wanting to get caught.

"Sorry chief, that was a boneheaded move. Thanks for the save."

Getting back on his hooves he wondered what else he could get to perhaps taking with him, when Iron began talking about a book with a mind. Something that caused the stallion to wrinkle his nose in disbelief.

"Okay, I'm willing to buy a lot, but a book that thinks? Now things are starting to go into the deep end."

It was likely the only book that were safe to get a hold of from the way Iron talked about the shelf, but still... Thinking book? This were stretching things a bit in his mind, even with all the crazy stuff that had gone on already.

===============================================================================================

@Dji

"I'm bored. Extremely, dreadfully, mind-numbingly bored."

Enzo let out a large, deep sigh, which rolled warm breath with a faint smell of rat over Atzy/Karmic.

"300 years, stuck in a mostly empty temple, and it is when I reach pony lands that things finally grows unbearably stagnant. Asked to help by your generals, but then left in limbo upon the lawn like a common statue, which nopony approaches out of fear that I am there to demand half the kingdom simply to be on their side.

I am not an unreasonable sphinx. I only want a place to sleep and fish to feed upon. Is that truly too much to ask for? Enough to have your generals discuss for hours upon hours? This uncertainty are like torture, so I sought something to do. Your situation seemed of some interest, as the smell of bug and pony hung thickly upon your form, so this is what I now drudge along with. At least here I seem to be somewhat useful for something."

Yeah yeah, *sphinxes are highly dangerous creatures that would save a life only for the one saved to then owe them for three generations* and so on, but Enzo really meant what he said. he was bored and needed something to do, and this had seemed like a task he could focus on. Though if Atzy kept shutting his attempts down, there wasn't much that he could, and he'd return to Canterlot to wait for the slow generals to finally get off their chairs, or whatever they were doing in the castle. Annoying that it was too small for him to wander through and find out himself. Now, if he had still been a kitten? Different story there. He could get in basically everywhere back then, but now he had spend too long away from everything, and never had the chance.

Stupid dragons and their temple...

=============================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟? ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥."

Felicia had wondered what truly the point were with those things. Molotov and Blitz never talked about them, Carmen had no idea, and there wasn't anything in her database about them, as it hadn't been valued as important information to her programming, and if there were any research files about these things, she hadn't been able to unlock them yet.

It seemed she didn't need to either. Dusky did a good job of explaining it in a way that she could understand the basics of it, even if the technical matter behind them was glossed over. It were curious, and she'd like to know the full process, but it wasn't really needed as long as she understood what the point of them were. It wasn't like she could aim for her own after all. She wasn't a pony.

Perhaps she could get Molotov to add a branding of some kind when she had found out what she did best. An option for the future, though at the present, there were more important things to think of, and not long to do anything about it in, as the workshop loomed within their sights.

"𝕊𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕧𝕖. ℙ𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕕𝕪, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕚𝕣𝕤 𝕤𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕝𝕪. 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕡𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠𝕠 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕥. 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕕𝕠 𝕚𝕥 𝕗𝕒𝕤𝕥, 𝕚𝕤 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣.

𝕄𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕔 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖. 𝔻𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕤, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕚𝕗 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕚𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕡 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕖, 𝕪𝕖𝕤? 𝕋𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕔? 𝕀 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟."

It saved lives to dispel magic, and yet they were only 14 who could do that? That was a disturbingly low amount of ponies in what she assumed were a very big country, at least from what Carmen had told her. It may be even bigger than what her small sister had seen too, and it were going to need help. Molotov would be best off keeping his focus on the cage with Dusky then, rather than her want for a voice box. That one would only make her life easier, whilst the cage could end up saving an untold amount of lives, just like Dusky had done. She couldn't deny that that was far more pressing matter.

======================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Dji @EQ_Theta @Moonlit @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

Onache stared at Aurora, thinking on what to answer her on a question that were surprisingly difficult to answer.

"It isn't an easy experience to describe. The hunger have vanished, our bodies grown whole, and even when suppressed by the gem floating above us, I can feel my magic have grown. It is as if I were once half, but now stand completed. However, this chest fur and these membranous layers where I once held a mane and tail will take time to get used to. I can imagine that if you were to convert too, that you would not have to deal with the chest fur however. it appears to be a trait of my hive, and you have not been born of my eggs. As one of Chrysalis's, you would be more likely to be of many vivid colors.

And as for your question, yellow one-"

Fluttershy's question had not gone without notice by the queen, who now turned to Discord's closest to answer a question that she would likely not like the answer too. But the truth were often unwanted, for it were more gritty than many liked to think about.

"- Ponies are a valuable resource to many races. be it changelings for food, dragons for prices, or the vulpine creatures from the east who sometimes wish for a forced friend for their offspring, your kind holds plenty of usages, which in turn makes you valuable to bring to a market of ill gained goods. For those who money matters to, I can easily understand why they would attempt to sell you."

"We're not gonna go there again though, right?"

Happy interjected with a little thought that entered his mind when the talk fell on Klungetown. A place they had been about twice, to exchange certain slaves for others. Mainly drones from other hives that had gotten too near her own, and who Onache had then subjugated.  They were not of her hive, so she cared little what happened to them, so she tended to exchange them in sleazy settings. Klungetown were but one of those places, though not one they frequented often.

"We have no need to anymore, as long as nopony attempts to cleanse us from this desert. I cannot speak for the consequences if my hive gets threatened."

"Pretty fair I'd say."

While Happy went back to his bottle, and Onache returned her gaze to Aurora, Anomaly was over and watched carefully as Novia and Lucid interacted.

She maaaay be putting up signs whenever Novia wasn't looked that carried variations of *Tell her already!* on them to Lucid, and would go away whenever Novia may look her way, but it wasn't like she had flat out leaked anything to the other female draconequus... Yet.

When it came to what Novia said about what Pringle said though - great, two that could understand the mind of the lizard - she got a teensy bit offended.

"Hey, I wasn't any different to him than I am to anypony else. Pringle is just a vindictive little bag of scales."

She pulled her tongue on him, and returned to just look at how things went before Novia went over to Discord, and went through a conversation that was making her somewhat giddy in parts of her heart she didn't listen all that much to: Destruction. She might be a much better being now, but there was always a little part of her that had belonged to her destructive older self that wanted to do something old school. Something which Anomaly didn't want to as 1. She liked creating things instead. And 2. She got killed for that attitude once, and she didn't want to go through that again. Being dead likely sucked.

There wasn't much she could respond to for the longest time either. A lot of talk about things she hadn't seen or heard about before, which were kinda cool to listen to, but no pauses for her to interject anything. Hay, she didn't even have anything related to say about this.

Now, the military on the other tentacle, that she could say something about.

"Hehe, she doesn't have guards. The other princesses do, but Twilight doesn't. It wouldn't have been so easy to make her a pretty garden if she did.

I'm still thinking she should take that cranky brown one with the closed eye. She's no fun at all, but she seemed like she knew how to fight, and bends over for royalty. That's kinda guard-like, right?"

Anomaly couldn't remember Last Stand's name as she said that Hey thanks, I'll remember that Shh, I'm writing.

As I was saying, she couldn't remember the name, but she recalled the mare that she had given a quick heal on and who were likely still keeping the castle under guard with Celestia. Wasn't a unicorn, which would kinda be fitting for somepony like Twilight, who used to be the Element of Magic, but you know, that was nitpicking.

@Blitz Boom
Nada just nodded and hummed in understanding to Berry's comments about the parties and the Conspiracy, she still thought that the pony was out of her mind, or at least slightly too paranoid...not that she herself was any less paranoid, but at least for her she had seen the banishment happening....but she didn't say anything about it and played along, after all, this was her first....friend, in millennia. "I guess next would be meeting with that friendship princess..." "Though I don't really want to leave the forest...just in case..." it was clear from her voice that she didn't really like the idea even if it was her own, but she knew that it was something that had to be done if she wanted to return to...having a life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby met Marley's gaze and she could tell right away that he wasn't fully convinced by her pony-act, though it really didn't have anything to do with how he looked at her, since she could sense his suspicion anyway, and his choice of words and emphasis only confirmed what she thought, but regardless of everything, she was fully unfazed by this when it came to her reactions, she just blinked at Marley's glance, and to his words she replied with her usual tone and smirk "Don't flatter yourself bird, this is an opportunity to get what I want sure, but I wouldn't call it game-changer, at least not before I see some results." "Though I certainly agree that we should keep going now."

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Lucid saw the signs Anomaly put up, but he couldn't say anything out loud or else the secret would be out, so Lucid sent Anomaly a quick telepathic message.

"Mother of Celestia's front left hoof! I'll tell her when I'm ready."

Now Lucid just needed to figure out how to keep Anomaly quiet, which would be pretty difficult, if even possible.

As for Novia, she had a response for what the pumpkin-head draconequus had to say about Pringle.

"Lizards, especially bearded dragons are different than ponies. When you mess with them, they see this as a direct threat."

On the topic of guards, Lucid actually knew some of them. There were two worth mentioning though.

"Two guards that I know can fight are Arrow and Somnus. Arrow was some adventurer who got all these cool magical items, but he had to stop doing that after taking an arrow to the knee. Somnus is immortal sorta like me, except he could die a lot easier than I can, since he's still a normal pony with normal limits, he does have a pet hamster though."

@Blitz Boom

"I don't think hate could be expressed as love. As far as I know, hate is the opposite of love and I suppose the two aren't compatible. I can't claim to know what your siblings were feeling at the time they said hurtful things, but I hope they still love her." 

Lin inched herself closer to Omen and placed one claw on her back. She looked at her intently but wanted to reassure her that despite being put in a difficult position of explaining this, she hoped that she being as helpful as she could. Going by the vocabulary, hate doesn't seem to jive well with love, concept-wise that is. She can understand being angry and saying hurtful things, but those would come out at the spur of the moment, with little thought put into them. She hoped that Omen's siblings still believed Mother loved them. That gesture somehow felt more like she wanted to be reassuring to Omen about how her siblings acted. Maybe it would offer her some form of peace of mind. 

"Love can hurt, Omen," she paused, trying to figure out what to say next without coming off as a mumbling mess. "It makes you vulnerable to pain, maybe understand things the way the other didn't intend, and that makes some feel disappointed or betrayed. Your siblings may hurt Mother with their words but Mother won't let that stop her from loving them."  

Frankly, that explanation was the only thing that Lin could think of. Maybe it might not be a satisfactory one, maybe Omen would need more than that to get the whole idea. Or maybe they would need to speak with Mother some time to get the whole picture. 

==================================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @BloodDrops @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

Just hearing about the varied reasons why anyone would want to buy ponies was disturbing. Even with the changeling threat already diminishing little by little, it left Fluttershy feeling a little disturbed. Or more than that. She probably wouldn't be able to sleep tonight knowing there were still ponies out there who won't be as lucky. But with the cages gone, it seemed that things were starting to look up for them. Even Angel came up and snuggled with Fluttershy, who promptly picked him up and hugged him. 

Afterwards, she walked up to Anomaly and Lucid, with Angel sitting on her back. She overheard the discussion about Pringle, perhaps sensing there might not be a need to speak to the lizard about his behavior. Though it wouldn't be proper of her to just cut in. 

"I'm Fluttershy, Novia. Is Pringle's behavior common for all lizards? I'm thinking that sit-down I planned for him and Lucid might not be necessary anymore." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Luckily the short lesson about how Cutie Marks works and how his own purpose fits in with the city, and Equestria as a whole, seemed to get across to the large spider bot.  His work with the O.M.I was rather important and he knew very well that was the case.  Even if not all his coworkers were even unicorn, they had their own necessary purposes in the agency.  Thinking about having to return to work tomorrow was already making a little anxious on how much work might have piled up with just a day off.  Shouldn't be too big an issue.  Hopefully by the end of the day he could fulfill the purpose Turntable had left behind for him and get Molotov on the right track to achieving his dreams of having an invention to present to the Princess.  He rather looked forward to reading about it in the paper.  The thought brought a smirk to his lips.

The pair neared the workshop, and it seemed to still be standing, which was nice.  He'd only known the Boom siblings for about a day now, but based on their stories, it didn't seem that far fetched that one day it just wouldn't be here anymore.  Half expecting it to just one day sprout legs and wander off.  Now that would make for an interesting police report if a workshop just started walking up the down the city streets.  Oh well.

While Rising Dusk might have seen the security system turned off from the outside before, it still seemed a little dangerous to just attempt it himself.  For all he knew, it changed in some sort of pattern.  Getting out seemed easy enough, but those security measured were aimed out, not necessarily inward.  Felicia most likely knew how to get in without a problem.  Or did she?  Has she ever had to enter the workshop from the outside?  Surely a warden would know the ins and outs, ha pun, of the workshop.  He was still feeling pretty good from the results of Felicia's first outing.

Lifting up his front right hoof, he knocked on the hard metal workshop door.  "Rising Dusk, party of two," he greeted the security system and hopefully one of the Boom siblings inside.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:54 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I hate to ask, but what job are you referring to, miss? Kinda new to this setting, and I'm not caught up on everything."

The Sphinx glanced at him and tilted her head, "Oh just educating some ponies. Some need more education then others" she remarked with a smirk staring at the Twilight Sparkle. She definitely needed more education.  

On 10/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, Dji said:

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Then all of them are still alive," Twilight replied, feeling perturbed at the Sphinx. "All ten of them. That was a trick riddle because it forces the answerer to focus on the number of fish in the tank rather than the entire question."

The Sphinx blinked dumbly at her, had she not been listening at all? "No five died, because two of them had drowned and three of them died from unknown sources. So that makes five, it seems you need to be taught basic mathematics as well as logic and puzzle solving" she said with a growl. She then flicked her tail "Besides I asked how many were left, not how many were alive or dead, How Many Were Left In The Tank, You know the thing they couldn't escape out of?" she said really slowly so the purple pony could understand.

"So that would mean there were ten left" she sighed before dropping a large book of problem solving in front of the purple mare, "Well I suppose since I've done here I can teach you basic mathematics, followed by advanced mathematics and then logical conundrums, should only take a year or two of study" she remarked. She personally though the mare might take a third year, since she didn't seem very sharp. 

"So lets get you back to your house or castle or whatever and start teaching you how to use that brain of yours" she purred amused.  

@Catpone Cerberus

"Can't really blame you there, so... Hmmm..."

Berry put on her metaphorical thinking cap and tried to figure out how to sort this situation. Nada were friendly, and Berry were almost certain that the princess would like her, but that didn't mean anything if she could arrange some sort of neutral ground for them, since Nada - understandably enough - wasn't all that big about going into town and face off against all them ponies and varied other beings, without knowing how the reception would be, and if she would be protected against prosecution. Getting thrown to a portal were an understandable fear for the siren, historically speaking, and since Berry and her were friends now, it were up to the mare to try and help her as much as she could.

It would be easier if the princess were just a coffee drinker, or at least came to the cafe Berry worked at. She could be lured with an offering of coffee perhaps, in exchange for meeting somepony that were a big fan of the princess. Although... Twilight had opened that *friendship school* - or indoctrination camp, as Berry thought of it as - and considering her title, perhaps just going up to her and saying that she had a friendship problem she'd love the princesses help with might do the trick? Depending on whatever she were busy, of course.

"What'd you think us following the river until we can see Ponyville, then you wait while I lure Twilight out to meet you? Long as you stay in the water and keep your head down, you'd have a great view of anypony who might try to confront you, so you wouldn't get caught in case something went wrong, or some noisy little thing brought some guards without knowing what was going on."

===========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Oh, I sense quite a lot of change in the air, my dear horsey. I can hardly wait to see it unfold."

Being called a bird didn't faze Marley, though he assumed it were intended to, as griffons had a certain... Reputation, when it came to giving them nicknames or belittling them with demeaning titles like that. He on the other talon, had heard it too much to truly care anymore, and quite honestly, this mare could not say anything worse than what sometimes got slung his way on the black and grey markets. She didn't know the varied slang, griffon-tongue expressions, or names relating to his past that would really get to him, and he for one were not going to simply hand it to her on a silver platter.

"Hey, if you two could stop flirting for a minute and keep on walking, we'll actually be there and able to get something done. You still interested in getting paid, or what?"

"Why of course we are. We're simply having a little battle of words, which so far have no clear winner."

Barring Ruby saying anything more, which would merely cause Marley to respond in kind whilst Spicy rolled her eyes, they'd soon get to a moss-covered rock formation, which didn't look like much, but from the broken hole in the middle that looked like somepony used explosives, they'd be able to see quite a wide staircase going down. They'd have to clear some of the home-made entrance to get things out of there that were bigger than them, but that were what it were.

"Heh, I knew it. Too focused on the town to come around and patch this up yet. I'll get the light baubles."

Back in the day, Spicy had used torches to get light in places like this, but that were a major hassle, especially if you were lifting something else too, so a few years back she had looked around, and found a vendor that sold some spheres of floating glass, with a light source in them. She just needed to wear the collar, press the button, and those things were gonna follow and light up the place nicely. They were pretty bright though, so it wasn't advised to look directly at them, but it were still one of the better investments Spicy had done in a while. Cost her a fortune of course, though what'd you expect when it came to something innovative? Always jacked up the price when it was new, there were no other alternative, and it was effective.

============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"...Emotions are confusing."

Omen's eyes were an unblinking pool of confusion as she tried fruitlessly to wrap her head around what Lin said about love, hate, Mother, and emotions.

This had been one of the points were Discord had failed her, as he were supposed to not only stand for her intellectual growth, but also the emotional, so that she may become like a real being, yet with his involuntary departure, her growth in both areas had grown stagnant, and whilst she had learned some things from mainly Sen and Lin, emotions were a tough one to just understand. It were a matter of feeling out things and knowing what they meant, and Omen barely understood even what pain were.

"Important words, but I don't understand. Need to think on this many times."

She'd need time to process what Lin had told her, and a single night for example wouldn't do it. Considering the difficulty of the subject, Omen might need weeks, months, or even years before this truly registered with her, and she understood everything. She had some degree of an idea, but many pieces didn't hang together, since apparently, love and hate wasn't what she had thought it meant in the first place.

Perhaps Mother could help them to sort her head, once they were to meet her again. She knew better than any how to communicate with Omen, and as the one who had told all of her children that she would always love them, she'd be the best to explain how it felt to have her children turn on her, and how things went from there. Yet, Lin had made Omen think about this, so no matter how long it may take, she had set into motion that Omen would attempt to process a topic she hadn't really given much effort in the past. Slow as it may be, it would be progress.

Rosa were listening in to things as best he could, but he were feeling finally that he were dozing off. What were to come in his dreams were likely unpleasant, but the energy would be needed for the day ahead of them. Perhaps he may be able to help Lin explain things to Omen in the long run though, now that he knew a little more about them, Omen's issues, and this mysterious entity known only as *Mother*. He owed them to try at the very least.

Before dozing off, he wondered what they were going to do with the hair Omen apparently pulled out. Were they going to brain it into necklaces for the siblings? Or perhaps just tie some of it into balls and hang them from another string? There were more options, but he didn't have time to think about it before sleep embraced him, and the nightmares began.

====================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Thankfully, the security system were not on. As part of the recognition systems originally set up, Felicia had been set as a member of the household, which meant that it wouldn't turn on her, nor anypony she may bring with her. The design for Felicia had perhaps not included her being able to just escape, but she could still move out of the hatch above the door, and a little down to snatch anypony who got past the other security measures, so it had to be coded in to ensure that the systems wouldn't consider her an attacker and remove the final line of defense to the workshop.

Molotov had put in a distance tracker that would determine how far that went, but as part of her preparations to escape, Felicia had used the times when the pony were away or asleep to make certain adjustments to the system. It had turned out not to be needed for an escape, but in cases like this, it did work well to approach, though she'd need to get to work in the night once more and get Dusky coded in as well. He shouldn't need an escort or somepony else to have left first to enter safely.

And speaking of the officer, he wouldn't get a response to knocking on, or talking to the door. Likely, the siblings behind it were in the process o- *BOOM!*

Something loud happened behind the door, that made it, and the workshop as a whole, vibrate slightly. It sounded like something had exploded in there, which may well have severely hurt somepony inside. Something which caused Felicia to let out a shriek and crawl up the wall to get in through her *spiderflap*.

Everything would be silent for a while then. Seconds passing by with nothing happening, that eventually turned too minutes, before the door finally opened up and a cloud as dark as charcoal and smelling of candy corn, burst out of the workshop, along with a slightly darkened Felicia. On her back, she had a slightly singed Molotov coughing dark puffs of smoke out, and in her fangs, Blitz were held like a kitten. She looked toasty as well, were completely covered in a multi-colored substance that were probably best not to touch, though otherwise she didn't seem worse for the wear.

"𝕊𝕦𝕓𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕. 𝕍𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕒𝕗𝕖."

Molotov looked up from his coughing fit to see Dusky, and tried to rise a hoof to greet him, but he wasn't done cleaning out his lungs yet. Blitz on the other hoof, seemed to not have too much to let out. A few sneezes and she seemed ready to face the world. Or in this case, their officer friend.

"Ehehehe, you should've seen that, Dusky. It was so much fun!"

"N-Not *cough cough* funny. Oh C- *cough cough*"

Molotov might need a minute before he could talk properly again, but on the bright side, it didn't seem like he was having issues breathing per se. Just took some time to get this out of his system.

======================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Dji @EQ_Theta @Moonlit @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight

Happy couldn't help himself when he saw the sphinx going after the princess. he just had to let out the laughter.

"I'm sorry princess, but come on. That dressing down you just got served, were spot on."

It reminded him of the kind of comedy he used to listen to back in the human world, and the few times when he had run into clubs that had that same kind of comedians. Happy had never told his queen, but he actually skipped over a town that would've been easy to take over, because one of his all time favorite comedians worked there. He really had to check up and see if Dry Tongue gave tours in Equestria too, and if so, buy a ticket there. It had been far too long since he had last enjoyed that little guy's show.

With that checked off and shoved into the back of his mind, Happy turned to the sphinx and looked up at her with a big grin on his face. Turned out this one hadn't been as bad as he had first thought. She had given them a new home, been part of Onache and him changing into something more sustainable, and now also gave a great show. That right here, was a pretty good gal in his mind.

"I dunno who you are miss, but I like your style."

Meanwhile, Anomaly listened into what she was told, but her eyes were locked on the lizard, just waiting for him to strike so that she could... Well, pour water over him or something. Not many ideas for non-violent, non-transformation revenges running around her head right now.

Plus, her mind was still very occupied with Lucid's response and desperate tone when he sent his thought-words into her head space. It had been absolutely priceless, and something that she'd have to warm herself with on boring days for a long time to come.

"Well, if I can't mess with my arch nemesis, then what? Be all serious and direct? Blergh, boooooring."

The spiderlegs grown out of her side retracted, and Anomaly flipped 180 to land on her own appendages again. Instead of correcting her face this time though, she just took the pumpkin off, and kicked it up into the air, where it'd explode into a fireworks display that depicted her, pulling her tongue at a sparkly Pringle.

She'd grow a new head whilst that went on, and then once again address the strange couple that wasn't really a couple, mainly because Lucid was a chicken right now or something something something, emotions, bla. bla. bla. She believed in just going for what you wanted, and if it didn't work out? Keep trying, or find something else to do. So Lucid's methods was boring to her. And also, as a draconequus who could conservatively be seen as the spirit of theater, couldn't help wanting to include some romance in this show. That tended to draw the crowd.

"Your guards sounds kinda goofy, but hey, they could duke it out with one-eye and see who got the job as head guard? I'm betting ten bits, and a monkey spider on my guard, though the hamster could turn the tides. Sneaky little things, and all over gnawing on everything. I crossed one with a hog on my island before, right? Ate most of the southern part and wobbled around with huge cheeks, until the dinocats ate it.

That kinda reminds me that I need to cull them again soon. Weird little things are exploding all over the place these days, and the faeries are getting kinda squeaky about it."

@BloodDrops @Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Novia placed Pringle on her head and continued with Anomaly.

"I said nothing about being serious. You simply need to treat Pringle with a little respect. He is a lizard with lizard instincts, he going to get mad if you treat him poorly."

Lucid spoke to Anomaly about the guard thing.

"Fluffball wouldn't be useful in a fight. That hamster usually sits there and demands peanuts. Seriously, he loves peanuts just as much as Pringle loves strawberries. Somnus has 1,480 years of experience as a guard, he would put up a fight."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom
Nada thought for a second about Berry's suggestion "That sounds like a good plan." Even though she would be awfully close to town, or at least she assumed so, after all, wasn't it pretty close if she was able to see it? But there was something that could go wrong "Though I want to know what exactly you mean by luring." "Because doesn't that usually include lying about something, and..." "...and I may not trust you ponies at the moment, but wouldn't it be better that she knew what she was facing?" "What I mean is that....if she doesn't know she's meeting a creature like me, something ponies see as a thread, she may freak out and......well, you know." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby didn't actually call Marley a bird to insult him, but it had been her intend to make him to think that she meant it so, because by acting that him calling her equine was a insult, she made the illusion of her being a pony stronger, even if Marley suspected something. She was glad that Spicy had cut the word battle short, not that Marley would know the right words to really insult her, but because she really didn't want to bother.

"So this is it." Ruby said as she immediately started trying to sense if there was anything shiny around, and now that she was searching for literally anything, she also sensed each piece of glass and other worthless yet shiny things, though her sense had limits of course, but it wasn't something as black and white as distance, though it was part of it...simply put, if she could see something that size from that distance in a daylight with nothing between her eyes and the thing, she was able to sense it.

If she were to sense something valuable, she would tell about it to Spicy and Marley, for everything else she would make a mental note to herself to see if she can get it to herself.

@Blitz Boom

"Take your time, Omen. Emotions are difficult things to understand."

Even Lin had to silently admit that this was one of those topics where she couldn't give Omen a full explanation. It was difficult to process these feelings, let alone think straight when overcome with anger. That was what she knew well, but to really explain why they hurt, that was different. It left her speechless and unable to reconcile herself with her own experiences. That was one other thing that she assumed Omen lacked: experiencing first-hand how love could hurt. Frankly, she couldn't bring herself to do it. She couldn't think of a scenario that she could simulate to drive the point home but even if she did, she couldn't do it if it meant hurting Omen. It seems like a bit of Sen's overprotective tendencies rubbed off on her.  

"I'll be honest with you, even I am confused by it. Sometimes we laugh but deep down, we are hurt. Sometimes we cry but we are happy. It's hard to say what someone is truly feeling when all we have is what we see and what we're told. I guess that why we don't know everything, so we can learn and grow. We make mistakes and we get better. If you need me to clarify anything confusing, all you need to do is ask and I'll do my best."

@Blitz Boom

"Perfect, I'll get right on it." Sapphire said, before she teleported away as silently as she could.

"Oi!" Astral's ears perked up as the voice sounded, looking to the book in Iron's grasp "Put me down!" Iron looked to the book, no facial features on it to speak, just a voice originating from it. As it spoke the decorative carvings etched the book glowed as it spoke.

But before he could react, he sensed Sapphire's impending arrival, and they'd be teleported away. Iron taking them to the outskirts of ponyville instead of the location he mentioned earlier. still holding the book in front of himself. "How long has Emerald had you?"

"Long enough to know you are trouble!" 

He rolled his eyes, putting the book in his satchel as Astral looked around herself. "Uh, why did we exit?"

"Sapphire just arrived. So I took us out. Though it does seem she's gained this guy's trust." He said, holding up the book. 

"And I do not like your husky friend's comments." 

===========================================

Sapphire arrived there, grumbling to herself as she saw only the aftermath, the torn open door, and activated traps. "Darn it." She walks around the place, dragging her hoof over the wrecked place. Sighing to herself. "At least I don't need to hurt them now." She looked to the shelf, seeing a missing book from the shelves, but only one spot caught her eye. "Great, he's gone now too, Emerald will not like that." She let her hoof land back on the floor, glancing around, trying to see anything that'd hint to where they ended up.

===========================================

@Dji

"I got nothing to do that she could help me with, she's just following me for no reason." Enigma said, rather blatantly.

Crystal chuckled a bit, looking over to Watts. "Well, I have a feeling he's right. If you want to help somepony. I need to find out who took the draft for my book." She said, Enigma glancing around a bit. "Do you know who it is?" She asked, noticing his glancing.

He turns his head away. "No I don't, how could I even know that happened?"

@Blitz Boom

Well, it was nice for him to find out that knocking, and speaking to the door, didn't result in him being sprayed with something.  Or blown up, or set on fire, or frozen.  Anything could really happen in regards to the workshop's security system with a mind like Molotov's.  Sadly Rising Dusk didn't have the type of magic that would really be able to defend him from anything that might accidentally trigger.  Some time passed and there was still no answer at the door.  Granted if Molotov was still hammering away at his forge, his hoof knocks probably wouldn't really be heard.  Examine the entrance, he couldn't discern what might function as a door bell.  He was about to ask Felicia for some advice to getting back inside when the midnight blue stallion was instructions to Boom family's namesake.

The workshop shook following a loud boom.  His ears flattened for a brief moment from the shock but then kicked right back up.  Mane standing on in and tail swishing to get his blood pumping he was ready for action.  Of course, he didn't have the same reaction time that the mechanical warden did, who was already up and crawling through her hatch that Rising Dusk first met her from.  Springing forward he tried getting up into the hatch after her, but that was in vain.  Getting back down to his hooves, he ran around the perimeter of the workshop, trying to find another way into the workshop.  So far he only knew about the front entrance, but there should be another way in.  By now if anything had truly caught fire, there would be more results of it.  Looking for windows or back doors, but this bloody thing was a fortress!

Finding himself back at the entrance to Workshop 05 he decided it was time for plan B.  Widening his stance and planting his hooves, he ignited his horn with the bright orange glow of his magic.  Preparing his energy beam spell in order to break the front door down one way or another.  The door sort of did it on it's own though, just in the opposite direction as Felicia came bursting out with Molotov and Blitz Boom in custody.  With a sigh of relief, he extinguished the charge on his horn and trotted up to the trio.  Listening to Felicia's status update and glad to hear that the two were safe.  Well, considering the draped Molotov was able to give a greeting wave to mostly proof enough, even if he was coughing up black smoke.  The kind that bellowed out of the now open door.  Based on their reactions, this was started to seem like a normal everyday thing.

"That is an appropriate time to jump to action," Rising Dusk informed the large spider bot, referring back to their previous analysis of her safety parameters.  "What happened?" he inquired.  Looking around though, he had to ask.  "Where is Carmen?" 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Nah, I'm sure she'll be cool about it, considering all the other weird things she's been through lately. And you know, I don't mean I'm gonna tie a cupcake on a string and then pull it towards the river to lure her in. That's how you get Pinkie Pie to follow. I'll just tell her that I have a friend who have some issues connecting with others, and that I hoped that as the princess of friendship, she might be able to help. Then say that you're too afraid to go into town and seek her out, so it'd be better if she'd come to you.

Don't worry, she don't have any guards, so at worst she'll take D- A friend with her. They're calm enough."

Berry had almost said Discord there, but oh man that would've ended badly. Ponies were one thing, but the lord of chaos might just make Nada bolt towards the nearest ocean and swim to another continent, just to be on the safe side. Not that she could blame the siren either. Discord were a nuisance more than a danger these days, but he were still chaos incarnate, and being messed with were probably not the best thing to put her new friend through right now.

"Do you want a test run first perhaps? I know somepony who will keep shut about seeing you, long as I don't start talking about who he actually is. Not sure if it's a good idea, but I figure I'd give the option at least, though otherwise, I'll be on my way to play *Fetch the princess*."

@Catpone Cerberus

There wouldn't be anything of any value up near the entrance point, but that were to be expected. Anything up there would've been nicked first, and if you were to hide valuables inside something, it wouldn't be near the surface either. No, they had to get going down into the catacombs to really get something done. And now that Spicy returned with the three baubles floating around her head, and ready to be lit up, they could get a move on.

"Alright, all set and ready. Remember, if you sense something down there, make sure to not destroy any statues or bearing walls to get to it. Those things could be worth more than whatever could be shoved in them."

With that, Spicy would lead the way down the hole and the long staircase that awaited them. A pretty big place this one, that was for sure. Easily room for five ponies side by side down the corridors, with plenty of space between them to boot, and as they eventually got down the eighty or so steps, the ceiling would be far enough above them that the lights couldn't reach them.

The entrance hall they had wandered into seemed like it branched out into three other rooms, with the main burial ground being the largest in front of them, and the two other rooms unknown. There appeared to have once been a statue of the resident in the room they were in now at some point, judging by the rusty plaque standing on an empty pedestal, but it had been taken away. Likely one of gold or other rare substances. This entire room seemed rather well cleaned up actually. The only thing that were left were a pile in the far corner of pottery shards, a broken pickaxe - likely brought in by the ones who had originally pried this place up - and a small array of broken glass.

Unless Ruby found something interesting hidden in this room (feel free to insert anything of value yourself anywhere in the catacombs) they'd have to pick a room from here, and see what they had to work with.

"Any of those senses tingling yet, Ruby? Cause otherwise, I'm thinking we'll take a side room first, and wait with the main attraction 'til last. But hey, your first trip on these rounds, you'll pick the order." 

@EQ_Theta

"What does pain feel like?"

As Lin said that Omen could ask, and she'd try to explain it as best she could, the mare curiously asked one that had puzzled her the longest.

Discord had once told her that pain was pointless, and that she didn't have to worry about it, which had then been repeated every time she asked him about it again. He was a good master in her eyes, but he was bad with explaining things, and especially emotions for some reason. Lin was better, even if more or less everything she had said the last few minutes might as well had been said in ancient draconian, since Omen understood it about as little as that. Beyond that, she and Sen had explained things she didn't comprehend before, but had seemed baseline, and managed to mostly make it easy for her to understand.

"I hear many words about pain. Ponies, dragons, you, Sen, Rosa, everypony. Even Master talked about things hurting. Don't understand what it means. Ponies say fire makes pain, but I stand in it for a long time, and still don't understand. Many I ask, but they run. Strange looks on their faces. Screaming.

..Is pain screaming?"

It would be difficult trying to explain this to Omen, seeing as she had eaten fire, among other things, and seemed perfectly fine. She didn't think that Lin would be able to answer it right now either, but she wanted to ask. The longma were clever and might have some idea about this, though Omen had plenty to think about already as it were, and were ready to just stand motionless for the rest of the night and let it swirl around her head if it were, until morning broke and the lot of them would need to be on their way again.

One of the reasons Omen wanted to understand it though, had little to do with how she could end up feeling hurt herself, but more that she were curious about what she heard from Rosa, Sen and Lin on various occasions. and wanted to understand so perhaps she could help. They were all friends - at least she thought Rosa were - and she wanted to help them as much as she could. Understanding them might make it easier, and then, she could do something about it. She were slowly starting to understand the base idea of hugs, and some applications for when to use them, but pain itself were an elusive concept at best for Omen, and an obstacle on her way to help her friends.

@Rising Dusk

Dusky's last question would be answered shortly, as the feint clacking of light metal on rock were heard between Molotov's coughing fits, and the small spider would get into view, crawling on the ground. She were completely covered in the same liquid that were drenched on Blitz, and appeared to have trouble navigating, as she went from side to side and couldn't even follow straight when it came to sound. Felicia had to stretch a leg out to her smaller sister to be able to get some sort of direction, which Carmen slowly poked to a few times, before clinging on as tightly as she could. Poor thing were practically blind and deaf right now, so having this grip on something safe helped her greatly.

"Hehe, whoops, I didn't think I hit her."

Blitz momentarily looked like she felt rather bad, as she looked at the little thing, but her mood switched up again soon. Carmen were safe again, so everything was okay. Soon as she got cleaned thoroughly anyway, and she might need a new batch of fake fur, in case the old was hit badly.

"That's kinda bad, but I was sure this wouldn't hurt. I was just trying to make oven-less cupcakes since big bro turned off the oven. Who knew mixing six of my smoke bombs and a little high explosive would make things go all splat instead?"

"T-This is *cough* why mom n- *cough cough* never allowed you to *several seconds of deep, prolonged coughs and gagging sounds* b-bake..."

Everypony at home remembered what happened the day Blitz were taken into the kitchen to see how their mom cooked. She had been five at the time, and it had been a root soup with garlic bread, where all that were missing were stirring the pot a little and put the dough into the oven, the last of which tasks Blitz were asked to do, while their mom turned her head around momentarily.

Their mom had spent three weeks with burns on her back in the infirmary next to Blitz, who had needed a full body cast and subsequently needed to wait until her coat, mane and tail grew out again naturally, which were still tainted with the big, dark patches of grey that had somehow etched into her skin and pores. To this day, none of them had any idea how Blitz did it, but it had been a standing rule that if she came anywhere near the kitchen, somepony had to drag her out, and if Celestia forbids she were ever missing, they needed to set in an emergency protocol immediately that would lock down every single item in the kitchen right away, just in case.

As such, when Molotov had found Blitz alive and brought her to this workshop, he had taken the choice of doing the same, and locking down every single appliance, pan, pot, and whatever else belonged out there down, outside of him coking something for them. The fridge were open, since she might need something to eat before he even woke up, but it were also reinforced three times just in case, and covered in flame-retardant. Sadly, he hadn't taken into consideration that Blitz would just try something else instead so long as she got access to the sugar and spices, and dumb as he were, he hadn't locked those off today. In a way he really only had himself to blame for this.

"Did you two have fun too, Dusky? Were the scrap yard fun? Did you meet any of your friends? Did Felicia eat any of them? Just them going all *Muahaha, I'm gonna smack the big spider* and you being all *Noooooo* and she's like *Hisss, eat web* and then they're stuck on a wall, and Felicia goes munchy?"

"I don't wanna treat him poorly. I even made him a friend he's been hanging out with. Look."

Anomaly pointed towards the dracolisk, who had wandered down from Fluttershy's back and gone over to see what Pringle were up to, as well as determine whatever the new female was edible. His disinterested eyes looked her over, but she didn't exactly seem like she were any kinds of tasty, like a fish or some bugs, so he instead just let out an echoing croak towards her that - if she understood animals in general - could roughly be translated as *not food*. It could be difficult considering the dracolisk's echoing voice, as a result of the sound-based hunting and protection thing Anomaly had implanted him with, so he'd be able to make it out in the big world.

"Okay, technically he's Flutterpony's pet, but they are still hanging out and stuff. I saw it earlier.

Say... Do you want a pet too? Oooh, it'd be such a fun gift! I'm thinking... A floating eel that spits acid. Oh! Or a mimic? Not the little squirrel things, but a proper chest that open's up into big teeth and chases dumb things that tries to open it. It could be small, look like a penny pouch, and feed on ants, as well as keep your pocket change! Ehehehehe."

They should probably stop her at some point, before she somehow made a miniature Godzilla with laser eyes and seven heads, or something else that would cause untold destruction.

Meanwhile, Lotus were jumping over towards Angel and Fluttershy. She had halted some as she saw the pony give the bunny a hug, and gave them a kind of jealous look, but she were on her way again now to see if him and his owner were okay.

Nerzhei had never given her hugs, since the draconess were afraid that she'd hurt the fluffy little thing, but Lotus had gotten plenty of scratches, pets, carrying, and smiles from the draconess that had saved her from becoming lunch all that time ago, and instead taken her in. Their relationship were different from the way the mare and Angel got along, with more tough moments than hugs, but Lotus were no less happy about her friend than Angel were of his, and seeing these two made the bunny think about how Nerzhei were doing. Hopefully she were getting better by now, and it hadn't started to hurt more from her wounds.

"Hey, is your pony okay?"

==============================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Oh great, we're back here. Guess it's gone full circle now."

After being teleported yet again, Chow looked around to see that he were back at the outskirts of Ponyville. Not more than a stone toss or two away from where he had first met Astral and Misty actually. Man had things been weird ever since then, but on the bright side, he didn't have to be faced with Fluttershy's horror-stricken face whenever she saw him in that time, so there was some good. He knew she liked animals and all, but jeez. You'd think she'd know that animals sometimes had to eat other animals too, and not think of him as some kind of war criminal just for hunting boars and such now and again. He just provided a ware that most around here needed, but little gave him any respect or likable responses for.

Honestly, pretty nice to be away from this place. At least the nobles were snobbish and treated everypony like dirt, and not just singling him out.

In any case, they seemed to have thankfully not been seen porting in, so that was a plus, though the talking book that were giving them flack - he couldn't believe this were an actual, tangible situation - were going to be a pain in their flanks from the sound of it.

"Here's a thought lil' book: You'll be a good page-turner for us, and I won't go fetch some matches and a few tools to see how sturdy you actually are. Or are we gonna have to do some kind of stupid quest to earn some cred with you?"

@BloodDrops @Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta @Storm Shine @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Novia looked at the dracolisk, such a cute little thing. Pringle went over to it and was probably socializing or something.

"Did you make a new friend Pringle?"

He looked back at Anomaly when she mentioned something about a pet.

"I don't know, I have suspicion of that might already be getting a pet from someone else her. I can sense it."

Lucid looked over to Novia and Anomaly. Was she catching on? No, that couldn't be it.

"How are you able to sense something like that?"

"I'm a draconequus, I can do a lot of things. Just like you can can do the same things I can, except certain things you've not figured out quite yet."

@Blitz Boom
Nada still thought that Berry should tell the princess that she was a siren, or at least that she was a creature that one could see as a threat, but she decided to trust Berry, after all, she knew the princess better than Nada, and though she didn't like the fact that there could be someone else coming too, there was no point backing up now. She shook her head to Berry's suggestion "I rather just have you get the princess, I want this out of the way before I change my mind....I'll wait you at this river."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ruby just nodded at Spicy's point about breaking stuff, she had decided to do like Spicy said for now, because she wanted to know if this whole thing really was something beneficial to her. She followed Spicy down, slightly annoyed that she had to rely on Spicy's light, not because she didn't have source of light for herself, but because if she could have taken her real form, she wouldn't need light. She could sense the glass right away when they got in reach, but they were small and dirty, so she decided to only take them if she didn't find anything else, after all, it was not like getting glass was hard, and though it was something she collected, she wanted only the specially shiny pieces, that many times were pieces of mirror.

She 'felt' around a moment after Spicy's question...."No, there doesn't seem to be anything yet." "And I guess we should just go the room in order from closest to furthest, that's the easiest way to keep track what we have already checked."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE/ATZY

Well ... if you want to study us ... I suppose it wouldn’t do any harm,” Atzy told Enzio in a cautious tone. She didn’t know if anything would have come of this, she didn’t know if any harm would come to her, but she did know that Karmic liked talking with this Sphinx. “However, I’m more inclined to put my host’s safety above all else if this studying you may or may not do goes pear-shaped.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

“You answered a bit too quickly there. I don’t mind tagging along with other ponies and seeing what they’re about. It helps me learn for what ponies need or don’t need and how I can tailor my inventions to fit that. With me helping others, I do it as a hobby and it helps me unwind,” Watts told them both, but addressed her answer mostly to Zealous.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

“I’d much rather be a griffin, to be perfectly honest, rather than whatever kind of pony bug you are now, Queen Onache,” Aurora replied before taking a gulp. “No offence.”

@Blitz Boom, @BloodDrops, @Lucid_Nightlight, @Seamore Sandwich, @Moonlit, @Storm Shine, @EQ_Theta

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight looked positively offended at not being recognised as smart. She did her best with what the riddle was, and even said the right answer eventually, but even then, the Sphinx decided to give her a book on basic math! “I answered the riddle correctly! You took my reasoning and working out the answer to Heart instead of my actual answer!”

@Blitz Boom

Lin grew quiet, partly because of how she is at a loss on how to explain what pain is like and also because Omen didn't specify a type of pain. Okay, so Omen mentioned standing in fire and scaring other ponies away from how awkward a sight that must be. It wasn't exactly an unwarranted reaction; nopony in their right mind would stand in fire, let alone try and step in it. 

"Well... pain comes in different forms. Physical, emotional, mental; how pain is felt depends on what form it takes. If I were to stand in fire, the pain I would feel is unbearable heat and my hide would melt. It'll hurt a lot and I would no doubt jump out before it gets worse, preferably the exact moment I experience pain. Screaming is one way I could respond to pain, especially in the previous example because the pain I would experience is very unbearable. Maybe the ponies you asked imagined what standing in a fire would feel like and they probably thought about how much it would hurt."

Truth be told, Lin was aware of Omen's more subdued responses. Subtle, seemingly absent but experienced at a lesser degree. Or that was the impression she got after spending a lot of time around her that it was what she picked up. But she wanted to help Omen understand and to an extension, she would learn more about her. It was best to get to know Omen better; she was still learning all the time. 

"Is this because you couldn't feel pain? Or you could but your tolerance for pain is much higher than the average pony? Could this extend to emotions too? I might know how to explain this better if we could focus on a place to start."

=============================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine @Lucid_Nightlight @BloodDrops @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Fluttershy noticed the pink bunny in their vicinity, likely drawing Angel's attention too. He immediately hopped down and approached Lotus. Fluttershy didn't mind letting him wander off; it was nice for him to mingle with others while things were winding down in the temple. Frankly, she knew Angel had already made a friend or was in the process of making one. She gave Angel one last round of head pats before letting him go. 

At that point, Angel had grown comfortable with squeaking over using big gestures. It was a nice change from communicating with different types of animals though growing up around Fluttershy meant all of the animals living with her had to grow accustomed to having some form of easily understood language for all of them to communicate with. Except Harry seemed to take it a step further and rely on gestures, growling, and grunting to speak. 

She's fine, Lotus, maybe better because Discord is here. She is comfortable around him. He regularly visits Fluttershy for tea, if you can believe that!

On 10/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Happy couldn't help himself when he saw the sphinx going after the princess. he just had to let out the laughter.

"I'm sorry princess, but come on. That dressing down you just got served, were spot on."

It reminded him of the kind of comedy he used to listen to back in the human world, and the few times when he had run into clubs that had that same kind of comedians. Happy had never told his queen, but he actually skipped over a town that would've been easy to take over, because one of his all time favorite comedians worked there. He really had to check up and see if Dry Tongue gave tours in Equestria too, and if so, buy a ticket there. It had been far too long since he had last enjoyed that little guy's show.

With that checked off and shoved into the back of his mind, Happy turned to the sphinx and looked up at her with a big grin on his face. Turned out this one hadn't been as bad as he had first thought. She had given them a new home, been part of Onache and him changing into something more sustainable, and now also gave a great show. That right here, was a pretty good gal in his mind.

"I dunno who you are miss, but I like your style."

The Sphinx nodded and smiled"well thank you subject and future mate of Onache" she remarked to the drone. She was a very styligh Sphinx, well she liked to think so at the very least. She liked his input about the whole training and enlightening of the Princess. Can't have a dumb member of royalty now after all. "Well that settles it then, the Twilight will learn from me about a great many things" she remarked before flicking her tail turning her attention back to the purple princess pony. 

9 hours ago, Dji said:

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight looked positively offended at not being recognised as smart. She did her best with what the riddle was, and even said the right answer eventually, but even then, the Sphinx decided to give her a book on basic math! “I answered the riddle correctly! You took my reasoning and working out the answer to Heart instead of my actual answer!”

The Sphinx blinked and resisted the urge to pick her up by the tail and frog march her back to her castle to do some studying. "Congratulations, you failed your working out but got the answer correct. I bet your students love you when they cheat on their questions without any workings" she remarked with a small snort. "your reasoning was flawed and your working was sloppy. I suppose being a Princess you get your servants to work out problems for you, and serve up your problems on a silver platter" she growled flicking her tail. She tapped her paw several times and thought hard about the tail grabbing urge. 

"Arguing with a fool proves there are two" she said eventually to the Purple pony. "I will give you one more chance to redeem yourself, if you get the answer with workings, then you don't need to study. If you don't then you will have to study" she said with a smile. 

"There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first. Who are the two sisters?" She said with a evil smile.

Edited by BloodDrops

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Lucid_Nightlight

Discord whistled a tune, notes visibly floating out of his mouth before dropping to the ground and turning to chocolate. If anyone were to eat the chocolate, it would temporarily change their skin/fur to a random colored pattern. perhaps pink polka dots, maybe a myriad of colorful trapezoids or a series of red and blue stripes and cause sound affects to be heard accompanying their actions.