Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom Serenade smiles "Don't worry, Mom has been trying to get me back to Manehatten for awhile. I just fear for you and Fah'lina's bellies. I suspect the mimic is going to go into a food coma." She turns to the Doc, "Can ponies enter food coma's? and if so, why hasn't Pinkie??"

@Catpone Cerberus @Blitz Boom The paper flashes and the Siren's words appear on the paper in flowing script. "Um...are you able to write? I...I never learned how to write, only read."

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Perfect. Now he can't miss it. And speaking of missing, who're we- I mean, What are we gonna shoot at next? You got a mayor in this place? Always fun to mess with authority figures."

Mess with, torment, it depended on how you looked at it. Anomaly just knew that the ones who thought they were in charge tended to have the biggest reactions to utter chaos just happening around them, and especially if it were directed at themselves. Made them crumble a little as they realized the utter lack of any control they actually had, and she were entertained every single time by it. There was just something in seeing despair and hope draining that were strangely intriguing.

But enough of that. They still had a lot of soap, and a lot of houses to deliver to. They should get to work before they got bored, distracted, or somepony actually tried to make them stop.

========================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Everypony can enter a food coma, but our bodies are widely different, so some can take it better than others. Metabolism, physical shape, the type of food, sugar content, and so on, all adds up in the factor. Like personally, I don't get into food comas from eating too much sugar, I just end up zooming around for an hour or so, since I'll have an even greater overabundance of energy than I usually have. Genetic instability is a factor there, which tends to happen more often in cross-breeds. In my case, it mainly showed in excessive, painful growth and energy that needs to be worked off through a lot of movements, or when I'm stuck in places like this, medicine.

Anyway, back to the topic: Everypony reacts differently, though I dunno why Pinkie haven't. I haven't really seen her around enough to know what to think about her, and I'm not her doctor, so I can't say what her physical would say, but perhaps she's just lucky from a genetics point? It's still a budding new field of medicine, so there's not a lot to say for sure with that.

With Fah'lina, I dunno really. She might not be able to keel over unless it's sugar? I've seen her eat fish that's bigger than she is, and then have a fly around, and then other times she gets snacks and needs a nap. Though she does like free food, so I'm sure your mom could end up feeding her until we could roll the little thing around. Her digestion rate is huuuuge though, so I doubt it'd last all that long."

=========================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Moonlit

"Y-Yeah, I can write. Mostly in old Equine though, but the princess have been around for a long time. She should hopefully understand it."

Cherish looked around for something to write with, when all of a sudden, she noticed that the paper actually already had words on it. A direct quote of what Nada had just said, pauses and everything. Seemed to be only her voice though,a s none of what Cherish had said were there... What a weird thing to witness. Practical though.

"It looks like you should just tell the paper you accept, and wants to meet her here, then roll it up? I don't know any of this magic, or how it works, but it sort of looks like it's just saying whatever you are."

================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you care not for idle chitchat, then you have already gotten the grasp of the most fundamental of rules when it comes to the auctions: Don't speak with those you don't know without a reason. Paranoia tends to run deeply, and snoopers are not welcome. Once they get to know your presence some more, things change, but for the first time you would be dreadfully deep in trouble if you attempted to make contact with whoever you saw.

Another is not to bid on something you do not intend to buy. It ruins the flow, and as the one who stands for the auctions today, I would not find an unwelcome disruption such as that to be advised by anypony.

Lastly, actions have consequences. Attack or insult somepony who is among the larger fish, and you will pay the price for it. You seem like a lovely, albeit muted mare so far, so I doubt this to be much of an issue, yes?"

The three base rules were pretty simple really, but it were easier to fail at them than you might think. Talking with somepony without reason, saying the wrong thing, overbidding... This and more all happened with some degree of frequency, and then it were generally up to the arranger of the gathering to deal with the issue, if a secondary force were not hired to do so for them. Scarcity hired goons to deal with the general issues at her auctions, but there were several times when she needed to smooth things out, even in the best of times, and she would prefer not to have another added to that problem list.

"Ah, and before I forget, if anypony tries to lure you to a secluded area so that you may talk, don't accept it. There are rooms specifically meant for negotiations, and if they attempt to avoid that, it is to steal from you, harvest your parts, kidnapping, or to enroll you into pony trafficking. A detestable practice that I do not condone, but it happens that one of its goons slip through, and attempts to make a grab of somepony's assistant or newcomer that would not be missed."

====================================================================================================

@OptimisticNeighsayer

"Ease your heart, Ivory. I have not come here to visit wrath upon you. I am under a very strictly worded contract with the princess that prevent me from even trying, unless it is in special circumstances."

The good old mainstay of somepony fearing her because she were not discerned as a pony, or her showing up in places such as this made her seem as some kind of apparition, or monster in general. IN some ways she supposed that she were a monster really, but she still considered herself to be a pony. One infused with demonic energy, granted, yet still basically a mare, rather than a real demon.

"Are you afraid what I might do to you, lurking around in this darkened castle myself? It isn't to ambush ponies if that if your thought. I had something to prepare here, and whilst doing so, I heard this thing play. An impressive show, but yet again, the music were different back in the day, when I were little different from you, and I know not if I care much for the new ways. I do like that somepony still care for the olden instruments though, rather than those strange boxes with noises bursting out from I hear everywhere. Why anypony can call it music when somepony is literally just screaming through the same repetitive, pounding noise is beyond me."

Whilst she ranted, Vivid wandered closer, and kept her eyes on Ivory. She had no want, intention, or ability to hurt him, but it were perhaps not that easy to convince this pony of that. He seemed so very rattled after all, just from her presence alone, and if he knew details of what she truly did here, things may just end up going worse. Resurrections and meddling with death rarely got a kind response from her experiences.

"Do you know how to play *The ode to night and sea*? It were a good musical number in my day, and you seem to have talent with this organ, so perhaps you also know of some of the classics? Perhaps if you can prove to me that you really are a master at this musical instrument, I will help you move it to your store, so that it may end in the hooves of somepony who cares, rather than collecting dust and rust within these empty halls."

======================================================================================================

@OptimisticNeighsayer

All the way to the office, Cover-up sent glances towards antpony they met, as well as the interior in general. Not with any malice in mind really, but just to get a feel of this place  though he scurried somewhat away from any interaction with other ponies. Or well, mainly foals. This really did seem to have mostly focus on the school part when you saw the age of those who went here, though that were as expected really. He hadn't thought this would be full of adults after all  though he did think that they would be a bit older. It were okay though. He'd be fine... Hopefully.

The look that had gone over the councillor's face weren't all that uplifting though. It had looked like bad experiences with outsiders before, and made him think that as one in the same boat, he'd have a far shorter leash than most others because of it. He'd have to step carefully in this place it seemed. Provider that he got accepted.

(When they reached the office)

"I don't know what cocoa is, but... Okay, I guess? Is it like tea?

And... Well, I'm not here to a-abuse anything,  miss. I'm just trying to figure out how to live among the ponies of Equestria, and a school of friendship seemed like a good place to learn how to interact with others. I-I hope that's not wasting your time?"

=======================================================================

@Dji

It would be about an hour of flight, but eventually, they would reach the overgrown area around the third uninhabited island some distance between Equestria and Dragon Land. On it  they would soon land in front of a large, overgrown temple that had once housed dragons, their allies, and one kidnapped sphinx cub, forced to grow there as a guardian.

Enzo could just taste the bugs and rats he had to lure closer to even have anything to eat there the last few centuries, and it - among other things about this place - fouled his mood to a point where a small growl escaped his clenched teeth.

"Welcome to my prison. Somewhere within, there should be rooms where my captors had their books. If they left them behind, something may come of it."

The halls would be lit with magical torches when someone entered, so it wouldn't be an issue seeing anything. Finding something in the large place might be the real issue.

========================================================================

@Dji

"A nymph is never taken from their hive before they are mature enough, unless something irregular have occurred."

Changelings were perhaps not the most loving beings in general, but every hive, be they small or large, were insanely protective of their young. From a nymph were born and for the next six months until they reached a certain degree of maturity, they would be kept in or near the hatcheries, and any being trying to get to there would be struck down with the full wrath of the hive.

It wouldn't normally be possible for anypony to get in and steal an egg or young as long as the queen still lived, yet... There were other ways a nymph could be lead away.

"If your queen still lives, it likely means that one of the nursing drones decided to escape with you in tow. It occurs occasionally when the queen needs to cull the unhatched ones to ensure there is enough food for the rest, and a resistant drone takes pity upon the targeted young. Barbaric to you perhaps, but the life of a queen is not a rosy ordeal, and choices needs to be made for the hood of the entire hive, regardless of how painful it can be.

Regardless, I doubt that whoever took you are still alive. Traitors are not met with kindness, and few have what it takes to stay hidden, though you should consider yourself fortunate, if this is what happened. It may have saved you from being culled."

There were other options, such as the nymph just wandering off on their own, or them being thrown from home after hatching, but these and most other things that came to were insanely low odds, at least in the hives that Onache knew off.

@FanOfManyShows

"I can walk wherever it's needed, but I'm just thinking that if your fancy warping time still works, we could be back in Canterlot presto, and have you lot out for a nap before you know it. And yeah, Emerald ain't gonna be wanting to switch out her meat shell that easily. Not until they figure out how to make her a new one."

Truth be told, Chow could do with a bit of sleeping himself, though he tried spinning it as looking out for the others to save some face, and not beat on his own pride too much. Weren't much of it left these days it sometimes felt like, but he'd cling to what he could find whilst it was there.

Though really, the three others needed a rest more than him regardless. They were the ones who might actually do a difference in this fight, so they had to be able to summon the energy to blast off the competition or whatever they were gonna do in a magic fight. Turn others into rabbits or something? Whatever the end result, they were gonna need to be ready for it. If he could get some rest too at the same time though, that'd be just swell.

@FanOfManyShows

"There is no point in chasing him. If he wants to get his hooves on me enough to show up personally, he will be expecting us, and we will find nothing good waiting for us in Harrowmark."

She floated over towards where the rift had been, and *looked* it over, though she neither could find any trace. Not that she were expecting it, but she had kind of hoped, as that might mean that it had just been a show of force, and not the actual pony it had looked like that had come around.

"You won't find a trace that he were ever here. His magic is darker than anything we have worked with before, and fueled by horrible rituals, spirits, and harvested life energy. I don't know how, but from what I know, it have given him access to some kind of personalized time magic. The details I got back then were scarce, and didn't leave me with much of an understanding, but things like this were one of his trademarks.

*sigh* I had hoped to never deal with him again, but it seems he survived what I did to him after all, and have now come to collect his debt... This is troubling, but we need to move on. In this state, I won't be able to do anything against him, and neither I think, will you."

For every question Emerald answered, ten more seemed to rise up. Who were this stallion? What had she done? How had she met him? What debt? And so on and so forth. There seemed to be a troubled history there, though the misty sister didn't seem to be in the most sharing of moods regarding it for the time being.

"We need to focus on getting some shards of magic next. Harrowmark isn't an option to collect on that anymore, so we need to scrounge it up somewhere else, and I'll take on a new host during that. For the time being, that's the best I can do. Now I need you to think Sapphire. Do you know a place we could go and find varied magic? You were around without me for some years, sister. You must have seen something in this world I didn't."

====================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Rosa wasn't responding to Lin, having been knocked out cold by the impact, which considering their wounds were likely a kindness that Lin might envy at this point Not that it would have made much of a difference if he were awake. He couldn't move either, and with Lin unable to open a gate, they were powerless to get away.

Thankfully, Omen would have reacted promptly when Sen told her to find their siblings, and had taken the two of them into Mother's realm, then view the emptiness for a half minute before finding the right point to go through that would result in the two of them wandering out, and unto the desolate mountain top, right next to Lin.

Sen were likely the first to react to things, followed by Shrimp, who started to cover his nose from the coppery smell that were wafting towards his nose, and then last, Omen, who had to stand and look over the situation for a while before she got the idea that something wasn't as it were supposed to be. Lin and Rosa were looking strange, with the later one not being awake and some parts of his suit darkening in slowly expanding pools, whilst Lin looked less mobile than she tended to be.

"Are you hurt?"

Her head were tilted to the side as she tried to think through what she were seeing. It looked like it could be bad, but she weren't good at identifying when beings were hurt. Screaming worked, and she had learned some things from what Lin had said the previous night, even if most had yet to be processed, but there were still many nuances and details that weren't all that easy to grasp, and she didn't see any obvious wounds. At least not at first, though if Sen said that they were hurt, she knew of a few places she could take them. Hospitals mainly. They seemed to put ponies back together again if they started to break.

=====================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Dji

"I've heard of worse reasons to become angry to someone than disappointment. It sounds fortunate that the Dragon Lord have found more allies in the end though, yet I don't understand something fundamental about this Thorax character, and I get the feeling it is important: What is a changeling?"

Even the most deranged or powerful of changelings had never tried settling on Dragon Island, and none of the mythology books she had read had mentioned something by that name, so there were a blank in Nerzhei's understand about the situation, and she didn't like not understanding things. The curse of a scholar that were. Never satisfied with what information they had, and always wanting to know more, though in cases like this she especially found herself justified. It felt like an important thing were mentioned here, and if the dragon lord were making connections to other races, it would be smart to know what they were. Might help her know who to get on the good side of in the long run.

"The name sounds like they are some kind of shapeshifters, but that could technically be just a kind of general magic I haven't seen, so that alone isn't telling me much.

And as for what you said, Princess... I feel ashamed and yet somehow not surprised that you actually managed to pull that off. For future reference though, keep that moment in mind, when you actually managed to convince apex predators that you were not a pony via some - I assume - somewhat unconvincing costume, and you will have some understanding of why I do not miss my homeland. It's an infuriating experience to be an intellectual among fools who can't appreciate knowledge or wisdom, and have the apparent brain capacity of a sleeping squirrel."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"Mayor is probably busy doing mayor stuff, but there is a guy who egged my house without scrambling them first, I say we drive the tank through his wall."

"Scrambled eggs are the true eggs."

"If anyone else uses any other egg, destuction of property is clearly the answer."

@Blitz Boom

It was very reassuring to hear from the younger sister that their stay in his suggested inn went well.  Especially when hearing about a very small incident that occurred from a spill and the whole city didn't come to a halt.  Rising Dusk trusted the nice couple earth ponies that owned the inn, so he wasn't all that worried about the two sisters being mistreated.  The guests though, were up in the air.  Hopefully Null and Void would be able to experience such delights with their stay in Equestria.  The whole world wasn't dark.  "I'm glad to hear," he expressed with a smile.

This reaction to bringing up the possibility to getting Null a replacement wing, wasn't quite what he was expecting.  Okay, maybe he expected something like this from Void, but if it was coming from Null, he probably have to find a way to make sure his dream last night didn't drop him into an alternate dimension.  The tight hug and tears that flowed onto his shoulder were something he's experience before.  Usually from grateful parents, husbands, wives, siblings and the like, of ponies he's dispelled of harmful magics.  It was never a feeling he took for granted, and always reminded him of the brightest parts of his job.  Being a detective in the O.M.I. came with plenty of it's dark moments, but it was these that made it all worth it.  Reaching up with a hoof to gently pat her on the back of her neck while she let her emotions out again the stallion.  "We'll first need to get Null on board.  It also won't be as simple as your leg.  My friend warns that there will be recovery and rehabilitation after attaching the wings.  There will be pain at first, like a surgery, and she'll likely need to learn how to fly again," the detective delivered the warnings, but Null seemed tough enough to go through such things if to fly again.

When she pulled away from him finally, he made sure to give her a reassuring smile.  "I'll leave that to you.  For now, we have some terrors to expel from Equestria?" he inquired to bring them back to the current task.  Walking past her to open the door for her so they could meet up with the smaller sister.  Time to put in maximum effort for another morning.

@Moonlit@Blitz Boom
"So it seems." Nada replied bit confused, but other than that she stayed quite in case it wrote everything, she then decided to try something, she kept the paper in front of her mouth and said "Erase" trying to get what she had said earlier to disappear from the paper, and after that, regardless if it worked or not, she said her message "I would like to meet at Serenade's house thy majesty." "Thine, Nadanna Adratina, Serenade's friend." It was bit of mixture of the older and newer language, but Nada felt that it was more respectful that way. After the text had wrote itself, Nada rolled up the letter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom

So be myself, Ruby summarized in her mind, the first rule was easy to follow, since Ruby had no interest to talk with anyone, second was too, since she highly disliked spending money to anything, and it was common sense to not offer money for something you won't actually buy, and finally the last one, she felt almost insulted that it was told to her, sure she could get violent, but she wasn't stupid enough to attack someone in place like this, because even if the ponies inside didn't really scare her, she was aware that city guards could cause troubles, and they would certainly notice if dragon started making a mess somewhere. Besides, she didn't want to ruin the possible profit she was going to get.

And for the last point, it was good warning to have, not because she worried about what they would do to her, but because of what she could end up doing to them. She found the logic on kidnapping bit odd though, since she had understood it usually included the kidnappers wanting something from someone, but she didn't see what would they get by taking someone who would not be missed.

"So use common sense and don't talk to strangers." Ruby summarized  "Just what mother used to say." she then joked, knowing that it was something ponies were taught when they were young, though it was actually nothing like what her mother used to say, as that was more among the lines of 'You will die if you do that or don't do this' and 'I'll kill you myself if you do this', those were good times. 

@Rising Dusk

"Null is a l-lot stronger than she looks. She can go t-through that. I just uhm... P-Please don't tell her this, okay? She have a h-hard time accepting help, b-but I know I can convince her. I just n-need to talk with her in p-private later. W-With all the help you're g-giving us, I don't want her to s-shout at you. She's very... E-Emotional."

Null were a strong mare, but she had been too reliant on having to do everything herself for years, and never trusting anypony, so it were hard for her to think of offered help as anything more than pity, and comments about her being too weak to deal with things on her own. There were also the many, many times that they had tried to believe in something and it had turned out to either be traps, or they had showed up somewhere and nopony else had come, which just made things worse for the pegasus. Especially when they had been foals and the thing they had shown up for had been potential food, or medicine, which Void had been sorry about them having to steal more often than not. Too many fake-outs though, and eventually, Null wouldn't even risk it anymore, and Void knew that even though Equestria were if not perfectly accepting, but at least considered them to be ponies with rights, she wouldn't be able to just lower her guard and get help. If it hadn't been because the princess had done so much for them, she wouldn't even had gone to meet Rising when Celestia asked, as she wouldn't have trusted it.

This wasn't just fetching something or delivering items though. This were a potentially life-changing opportunity, that unfortunately included Null having to accept that she were damaged, and needed help to be fixed again. If Rising told her this, that is how she would hear it, and yelling would be the least of the issues, with the potential of throwing and breaking things added in. It could ruin everything for them. If Void spoke to her instead though... Well, there would still be yelling, but at least there was a chance to talk it out with her. Guess they should find a secluded area to cover this rather than the inn when it were actually, or they might just get in trouble there.

Void would have to think about this, though for now, the officer was right. They needed to get back to work, and as such, she followed him as he wandered inside, where they almost bumped into Null, who had just dropped off the inventory list after debating with herself if she should just stay and hoof them over personally, or leave them with the desk jockey. She decided to just put it on the desk eventually, and say that Rising had asked for it, then been on her way again, yet now it seemed like the officer in question had returned.

"Didn't think you were gonna show. Inventory list is up there. You going to sit and read it today, or are we getting back to work?"

Null only had one saddlebag with her, and it were clearly not as full as the ones she had carried around yesterday, but she hadn't thought she had to bring the whole darn thing anyway. She had cherry-picked a few, then left the rest at the inn, with a feather to keep it in check. It got heavy to drag it around constantly, and they had made sure that the room had been secure, locked up, and things put in front of the windows. There were never a reason to take any chances when it came to things like this, and if there were a safe, she would've stuffed everything in there too.

Meanwhile, Rising might notice something else, as the scrying spell got closer. It weren't locking in on a target yet, but it were searching the street outside, and slowly closing in on the target. It didn't seem able to get through walls though, so inside, it shouldn't register as badly, if at all.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

With quick response, Omen took Sen to where they needed to be and the sight that greeted him wasn't good. 

"Lin! Rosa!"

"It's good to see you both! Rosa and I aren't looking good, he's probably got it worse."

The longma rushed over to Lin first, but was quickly pushed back with the latter using her hind legs to get her point across. It wasn't her that needed attention, though that much is an coverup to make her injuries less serious than it seemed. Either way, they both needed help, and their lack of expertise in treating anything medically-related beyond first aid meant they had to go elsewhere.

"Go and help Rosa first. Look in my pack, I have some elfroot you could use."

Sen knew what that meant, no mention of anything else and he knew what he had to do. Opening his sister's pack and he immediately found some dried up plants and proceeded to tear off some of his own foot wraps into strips. He then took some of the dried elfroot, broke them into pieces, and wet them before moving to Rosa. That dark pooling liquid gathering on his suit was exactly what he thought it was. It had to go, suit first, then the salves he just crafted went on to the affected regions. It wasn't going to heal him but it was enough to stop his injuries from getting worse.

"What about you, Lin? What about the statue?"

"Sen, forget about that thing for a moment. Nothing lives here; that statue isn't going anywhere. Just worry about trying to help me walk when a gate is open. I think my leg is broken. Omen, do you know a place you can take us? Or someone you know who could have a look at us?"

Unable to open gates for the time being, Lin was left wondering if they'll be able to get anything done now. Possibly, they'd be delayed at best but how would that fare for Scarcity is probably the bigger matter. Unfortunately, she had no idea just how Scarcity would react if they ever were delayed but if there is anything good about this, it's that there is a little more time to spare and she is still conscious. She could recuperate some of her strength and open a gate back to the mountaintop, move the statue to Canterlot, then have Sen do the talking from there. Not exactly the way things should've gone but they had to make this work somehow. They did offer to help Rosa once this matter is done, after all. 

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

"I think you might be mistaken, Twilight. I didn't go to the Dragon Lands with you and Spike. That was Rarity."

That piece of information probably wouldn't matter in the long run. Other dragons would brush it off and tell them most ponies look alike other than their coat colors, manes, and other defining features. All that is in the past now and it might not be important. Ponies snuck in during the Gauntlet of Fire, and Spike and Ember became friends. That was the long and short of it.

"And Nerzhei? A changeling is a creature that looks like a pony with insect features that could change their appearance and voices to perfectly match what they want to look and sound like. They also feed off emotions, positive ones. The changelings previously ruled by a queen who kept them starved by only seeking out other beings to feed off their love. After Thorax took over, things are slowly getting better for them."

@Blitz Boom

"Oh, it's kinda my pleasure, really" She replied instantly after Circle's statement. Butterscotch was a bit flustered too, after all she didn't own her own candy shop yet. She was simply a candy maker by sheer.. well, you might as well say destiny. But, at the same time, she wanted to pursue of her own making not just because her cutiemark told her to. To meet other candy makers and learn from them was just one of the many steps she wished to take in her journey to become one of her own. She wished to own her shop for the future, yet in her own eyes she wasn't yet ready for that. Her mother insists otherwise, but she knows she still needs to break the habit of spending all her money so quickly. Yet, that was a lesson she would learn with time. Hopefully, anywho.

Her eyes watched as Circle Pop inspected the gift, it was something she prepared before coming over and put a bit of thought into. She cleared her throat as she attempted to present the gift in more verbal terms. "The licorice is of my own creation, as you may see from my flank it was the one candy that helped me to discover who I am today. A black licorice wrapped around a pink one which is flavored slightly sweeter than the black. The combination making it some ponies' favorite, heh. " She said then instantly regretted saying that. Wait, is it okay to say that? That my signature candy is some ponies' favorite? I hope that doesn't sound too cocky..

As Circle Pop looked on, and commented on the presentation- it brought back Butterscotch's attention. She slightly smiled shyly,"Why thank you, Circle Pop."

"The taffy was a bit of challenge, I must admit to you. But, I hope its taste is just as well. It's one of my new ones so I haven't had enough gauge on whether or not I should keep it in my list of treats. Heh." She honestly said, though she hoped wasn't the wrong thing to say either. Remember, it's okay to include new candies into your chest of recipes and even better to have others try it. She could hear her mother say now, as she really consulted her when she prepared this gift. Hopefully it doesn't seem too much? 

"The chocolate star is one of my own making and I like to call it "Starlock" though the name is still a work in progress." She comments real quick, trying to say this as Circle was still inspecting the package. 

Her ears flickered as Circle Pop left for a moment, and returned with one of her packages from within the shop. She nodded as Circle explained that she hadn't been able to prepare something for her as she did, though that was understanding as it was a little short notice too. Her hooves clapped,"Oh no! This is simply adorable, I love the packaging already."

As Circle Pop tried her candy, Butterscotch tried one of her candies, as suggested the chocolates. The two of them chewing almost in unison as a smile crept up on both their faces. Butterscotch swallowed and started to giggle at the duality.  

@Blitz Boom

It was an agreeable strategy, to let such a prospect of possibilities be brought up among sisters.  "I agree," the detective concurred as the earth pony sister passed him to enter the building while he held the door for her.  Matters to be saved for a more private occasion with the sisters, away from the pony they'd only met hardly a day ago.  Hopefully things would go well for them and that Molotov would prove his genius yet again.  It was worth a shot at least.

There they found the other half of the sisters, this time only carrying a single saddle bag, which was a relief to Rising Dusk.  Based on the evidence he'd gathered from the feather he found in the basement yesterday, it was easy to conclude a way the sisters could leave artifacts around without needing to carry them all the time.  Rather ingenious really, even though that sounded like a lot of needed feathers.  Poor Null.  Rising Dusk would need to work hard to lift their burden in needing to have these dangerous items.  Null was going to need as many feathers as she could if she were going to fly again.

His eyes glanced over to the front desk of the agency, where Bash was tending the lobby from behind his day's newspaper.  The mentioned list just waiting there for Dusk.  Moving away from the sisters and toward the desk, he addressed Null, "Please excuse my tardiness.  I was finishing my morning rounds."  With sufficient distance from the effect of their nullifying aura, he ignited  his horn and lifted the list from the desk.  Giving it a quick read, committing the contends to his memory.  Folding the paper into a small square to then stuff into his hoodie pouch for a couple seconds later.  "No need to wait.  We can get back to work," he suggested, extinguishing his horn.  Turning to lead the pair back down into the basement of the O.M.I.  Using the position of facing away from them to run the list in his mind.  It was nonetheless, very disturbing.  His eyes shifted side to side as if he was reading the list right in front of him, but invisible.  Sadly, a description of what they did didn't help the detective that much.  Not that he expected the sisters to be able to draw on paper what the spell work of these things looked like.  It didn't help that they weren't two dimensional either.  Deep in his own thoughts, he probably appeared lost in his own little world.

The scrying spell was always in the back of his mind, well more on the back of his neck.  He felt safe in the O.M.I. though.  The number of wards and protection spells in the basement should appear as nothing but a blinding lights to the viewer.  He'd just to make sure he reserved enough power after the dispelling to combat the scry spell should it still be there when they were done.

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I hate scrambled eggs. Waste of a perfectly good incubator and yolk. I take my eggs fresh and whole, so they can hatch into fun things. A sting of chaos, and everything can happen! I once had a foal hatch from it. Boy howdy would that be confusing if he ever figures that out. Pegasus though, so meh. Sort of chicken-brains too."

She had dropped him off at an orphanage like... 25-30 years ago? No idea really, though she had seen him at some later point in a Solar Guard uniform. If you ignored the seed pouch around his neck, he seemed perfectly normal.

Anyway, off they went, to find a new house to fire soap into. Henry followed them closely, but he were so far not causing mayhem or trying to talk, so he could more or less be ignored. Kind of. Depended on the local and tourist tolerance towards giant mutants.

===========================================================================================================

Cherish looks at the rolled up parchment float away, until she can no longer see it.

"Sure is a strange way to communicate with others.But long as it sets things in motion, that's good, right?

So uhm... Are you ready for when she shows up then? Do you think we need to prepare something? I'd need a hoof moving the castle piece around if that is, but I'd do what I can if it were."

Not far from them, Berry were on her way back, coffee and stuff in tow. Would take her a bit more to get there, but it wouldn't be long, as she didn't want the steaming hot beverage to be cold. That was no way to serve coffee, and she'd sooner throw it in the garbage than give that to anypony.

=============================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"There are far more, finer details in this market, yet most of them regards interaction, and you're not at that point yet, so I see no point in burdening you with that. At your entry stage, the - as you somewhat put it - childish way of seeing this will suffice."

"May I ask, you mentioned those who attempt to steal others away. How often is that a concern? I have been to several of these auctions, and I have yet to be approached like that."

Marley found his questions answered by an unnerving smirk by Scarcity, as she leaned forward on the table and met his gaze before speaking.

"You don't bite notice in them, as they go for the new and gullible, and because if I find any, they will be taken away to more... Appropriate accommodations, where they will be convinced to share every detail they have in regards to their business.Trust me darling, you wish not to know what happens from there. Dreadfully long-winded and graphical it is."

The look in her eyes as she had worded the process of interrogation in a kind, yet understandable way, had made the griffon cringe slightly. It were a rather unnerving sight, and his mind were already filling in some blanks, combined with certain rumors he had heard which might have some connection to this. It weren't all that likely, but there was just something that made him convinced that if they were real, this mare might have a hoof in making it so now.

"Make no mistake, the Black Market is not housing the most ethical of personas, yet certain lines are considered poorly thought out to cross, and among mine, is the trafficking ring. What remains of it at this point that is, which is regrettably still more than there should be. But you needn't concern yourself with my vendetta's my dears. I'd much rather focus on what your night will entail, and I can say, that with the perfume, you have hit quite the gold mine. it have become deviously difficult to find after the ban put certain vendors under too much scrutiny, and if the quantities are good, there may well be quite the stir. It should be a rather entertaining evening, I'd say."

=======================================================================================================

@Moonlit

"Doesn't sound like a threat to me, yum."

Ziggy licked around her muzzle before giggling, finding the warning to be silly and fun, even if a momentary flash got into her head of somepony treating Ziggy like some races did turkeys. Honestly, that just made her giggle even more, long as she didn't think of the inevitable end of those birds. That'd just get kinda sad, even if she knew that the food chain required some things to eat other things. Way of life, even in ponies didn't participate in it. Not always she thought about it like that, but her brother had told her a lot of things from his work in the wildlife preserve he had been in for the past six years or so, so he had done well in making her more okay with the natural order over the years.

"So, are you going back to your friend soon, Serenade? I don't wanna chase you out, but I'm sure that whoever it is would like to have you there. I'll be fine here. I got company, meds, and doctors galore. I'll be right as rain in no time, and totally safe until then."

====================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 12/20/2018 at 1:05 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"Go and help Rosa first. Look in my pack, I have some elfroot you could use."

Sen knew what that meant, no mention of anything else and he knew what he had to do. Opening his sister's pack and he immediately found some dried up plants and proceeded to tear off some of his own foot wraps into strips. He then took some of the dried elfroot, broke them into pieces, and wet them before moving to Rosa. That dark pooling liquid gathering on his suit was exactly what he thought it was. It had to go, suit first, then the salves he just crafted went on to the affected regions. It wasn't going to heal him but it was enough to stop his injuries from getting worse

Rosa's suit were harder to get off than one might think. It were sturdy, stretched out like some kind of rubber, and beyond the headpiece, were a complete onesie. The easiest way would be to detach the head piece - if Sen had followed what Rosa did when they shared what happened in the swamp, he might remember how - and then roll down whilst taking things as they came. Though if that hadn't been followed and he couldn't figure it out, it were better to do as any hospital staff would do in the same situation, and just cut the cloth off him, then ask for forgiveness another time. It were preferable to the alternative, though it were going to expose some bones that had not been relocated in a pleasant way.

During either option, Rosa weren't gonna wake up, which considering the pooling, were perhaps not as blessed a thing as one might think. Thankfully, Sen would manage to halt the worsening with his application of the elfroot, though it wouldn't save his life. There were a doctor needed for that, as there were with Lin, who were approached by Omen as Sen worked through things as best he could.

One could only shudder at the thought of what would have happened, had the golden statue punching them not been underwater, where the force of its strike were lessened, though thankfully, they weren't going to be faced with that grim outcome. Not currently at least.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:05 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"Sen, forget about that thing for a moment. Nothing lives here; that statue isn't going anywhere. Just worry about trying to help me walk when a gate is open. I think my leg is broken. Omen, do you know a place you can take us? Or someone you know who could have a look at us?"

"...Hurt ponies goes to hospitals. I know some."

Omen opened a gate behind her, and wandered through without asking more questions. Seemed like a pretty straight forward task she had gotten after all: Find help for the two who had gotten injured.

Whilst she went through and tried to open a few holes on the other side that either led to ruins or buildings that had changed over the years, Shrimp had slithered down and wandered over to Lin, where the little thing would cling to her arm and chirp with worry. He wasn't sure what were going on, and the coppery smell that just got worse as Rosa's suit got off in one way or another, were hard for his nose, but he felt something wasn't right, just like he had when Omen had seemingly exploded. So, he tried to go to Lin, akin to a dog who laid its head in your lap when you were sad.

Eventually, one of Omen's gates would open into a functional hospital, where a nurse in a wide hallways got a shock that nearly had her fly right up into the ceiling.

"S-S-Security!"

"I have hurt creatures."

The whispering voice in her head, made the nurse bolt away from Omen, though somepony else would show up not long after. A burly earth pony, who were likely part of mentioned security, though his uniform looked unfamiliar to anything they'd see in Canterlot, or Ponyville.

He tried to tackle Omen, which just resulted in him having her in his grip as he stumbled through the gate, and would end up on the mountain, along with the others.

"I have hurt creatures."

Omen repeated the line, though this one didn't seem to just take off, but also, as he got through to the side he had come from - doing his best to ignore whatever were going on in the dark realm, but pausing for a moment - clearly yelling for help. There'd be a team of nurses ready with two stretchers within four minutes. It could have been shorter, but there were a few who ran away at the sight of the gate, and wanting nothing to do with it. Those who had the guts for it though, would be there to transport Lin and Rosa soon, with the later being taken first, seeing as his condition were worse. Also because Shrimp tried to bite the ones who got near Lin before she'd either be taken regardless, or calmed down the protective creature.

None of them would be talking directly to the patients, but just among one another, and strangely, they'd be holding a pale-red crystal in a string above or towards all of the beings there. Nothing happened by it, and they didn't explain anything, but there wouldn't be much time for that either, before Lin were taken away, and given an injection with something relaxing, that should somewhat quickly render her unconscious. The last thing she'd be able to see before going down - in case she resisted the strong medication - would be how Rosa and her were driven down different hallways in the large building that seemed to have no discernible things on the white walls.

Sen and Omen would be left to follow best they could, though at some point, regardless of who they'd follow, they'd be stopped by imposingly large, burly earth ponies with thin swords down their back, who growled at the two and telling them to stay out of the operating floor. Any attempt at passing them would be met with being pushed or kicked away and directed to take a seat over by the wall. Attempting to go too far away, would result in a surprisingly quick response by the guards drawing their swords and telling them to get to the designated point, lest they'd want to be needing medical attention themselves.

==================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Dji

Nerzhei just stood and looked at Fluttershy as she laid out what a changeling were, not saying a peep as the description were given to her.

"...Insect ponies that feed off emotions, can change into anything in a highly convincing manner, got starved by a queen, but is now fed by a king, and said king is a friend of Dragon Lord Ember?"

She gathered the thumb and index finger on her healthy hand and rubbed her forehead with them, trying to stifle a small migraine that were trying to bloom forth.

"And here I thought that human-like creatures risen from rainbow shards plunging into the earth, who made trees grow and worshiped the dirt, were the strangest creatures I'd ever meet.

If these creatures can make you see what they want, how do you ever know if who you're talking to is real, or an impostor? How do you know this new king isn't just playing a new scheme on you? If they need to eat emotions, and love is off the table, what do they feast on now? Everything that breathes needs to eat, and if they eat emotions, they have to go for a new one, yes? So are they going for negative emotions now? Hatred? Anger? Depression? Something else entirely?"

She had a lot more questions about them rummaging in her head, but some were still being formulated right, and mixing with images of what she imagined these kind of things would look like. So far, something akin to a Hercules Beetle came to mind, just mixed with a pony, and it were... Interesting, to put it kindly.

===================================================================================================================

@PickFairy

21 hours ago, PickFairy said:

"The licorice is of my own creation, as you may see from my flank it was the one candy that helped me to discover who I am today. A black licorice wrapped around a pink one which is flavored slightly sweeter than the black. The combination making it some ponies' favorite, heh. "

"I can see why. Not only is it pleasing to look at, but the taste is a good, mellow taste. It still holds some bite, but the sweet makes it better for those who prefer it milder in the taste. It's nothing overtly complicated, but it doesn't need to be either. It just have to be well balanced, and this certainly is."

There were a few things that might be possible to do to it, yet that were mostly just her own idea about adding some more flavor into it,a nd it did require some strange ingredients. Some ponies truly did like it just like it had been presented here, and didn't want it to go on and get complex or layered too much, so there was nothing really wrong with this variant at all. Plus, the licorice itself were delicious, and that were really the most important part.

"The taffy was a bit of challenge, I must admit to you. But, I hope its taste is just as well. It's one of my new ones so I haven't had enough gauge on whether or not I should keep it in my list of treats. Heh."

"I'd say you should keep it, as it is tasting deliciously, though if you have issues with taffy, I can show you a few tricks. Learned it when I was travelling around Neighpoon, and tough as that experience were at times, I got some good pointers there from an old specialist. Apparently there's a specific swirl that can ease the process if you do it right, or go really wrong if you can't keep the rhythm. It also helps if you're trying to bash spices into the mixture."

Two weeks grueling in that old geezers shop had nearly brought her to her knees, but it had paid off in the end, when Pop had been considered worth her time and effort. She claimed it had only been to see how dedicated the equestrian mare were, but Pop had some idea that it were mostly because the geezer wanted to see if the mare would break under pressure, and give her an excuse to toss Pop out, like most that had tried to apprentice with her.

"The chocolate star is one of my own making and I like to call it "Starlock" though the name is still a work in progress."

"It's a cute name. Perhaps work it into the display by having it underneath the packaging, with a keyhole pattern on, and you need to remove it to get through to the other things? Themed boxes tends to sell well, especially as gifts. A lot of ponies finds them cute. Plus, work it around a little with the shape, and you can make a Hearts and Hooves day variant with no issue."

As were evident by the displays she had in her store, Pop were a big fan of themed gift baskets, displays, etc. it worked well in most of the places she had been, and while it were for mainly because she loved it that she did this job, it were at the end of the day, a job, and she had to earn on it to get anywhere. Might as well help an up and comer such as this delightful mare with that too, if she got the chance.

22 hours ago, PickFairy said:

"Oh no! This is simply adorable, I love the packaging already."

"I hope the ingredients isn't too strange to read about. I travel all around the world to find new and fun things to work into recipes, so I find some strange sounding stuff every now and again. Believe me though, working with local ingredients can be just as good. It makes less variety, but the more you work with the same, the more you can refine it after all. Just a matter of preference really."

One of the stranger sounding things may well be the Neighpon Lotus Sugar, but it were good, honestly! You just really needed to know what you were doing, or it tasted like tar wrapped in mud and nightmares.

========================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

While they were wandering back into the basement yet again, Null felt Void pulling her shoulder a little, and turned to face her sister. Rising seemed to be lost in his own world regardless, so she could ignore him for the time being, whilst Void whispering to her about having to talk about something when they were done here. She didn't give any specifics, but she said that it were important, and then three times in a row made it clear that it wasn't something negative. Something which just made Null more paranoid and concerned about what were actually going to be said. It were clearly something she wouldn't like to hear at least, and it had likely come on after she talked to Rising before... What were the end game here? Had they something planned?

The thoughts nagged her mind as they finally reached the basement room they were in yesterday, and her suspicious gaze kept on Rising. It wasn't anger, but it should be clear for the observant detective that the mare mistrusted him for some reason right now.

Once they were settled in, she slowly pulled forth the first living picture of the day. Literally, it was a small picture in a locket, depicting a calm meadow.

On the list that were provided him, Rising would be able to see that this were a class 5 item, which hadn't any effect until it was picked up and looked at, yet when you did, you would be fixated on the picture and see a family on it that would feel familiar to the bearer, running along and beckoning for whoever had picked it up to come in and join them, as if they had been waiting for the one picking it up.

Doing so, would cause the individual to disappear, and the locket would close itself again until the next unsuspecting target came along. The sisters weren't sure what happened with the targets, but since it didn't compel anypony to pick it up, it had been ranked low, and as the description said, it had been found in a vacant part of a town, where every resident had mysteriously vanished, one by one.

Rising however, should be able to recognize a teleportation spell mingling with a strong illusion. If he knew of the Kitsune and the trickery the large, talking, magical foxes in Neighpon got up to, this magic would carry their familiar trace. The teleportation seemed to be random within 200 miles of the place it had teleported a target from, and not directly harmful, so it were clearly meant as an elaborate prank more than anything. So much so that if dispelled, it would erupt in a hidden spell, which would give off a vulpine voice, yipping with laughter.

Even if the sisters did not know of this, they were still throwing Rising a soft ball. Had to make sure he had it in him today, and not try to risk his limits right off the bat it seemed. Void's decision, as she worried what had happened the last time, and didn't want to end with accidents or another dust bomb so soon again.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom(@Moonlit)

Nada also watched as the letter floated away, quite an improvement in sending messages from her time. She nodded when Serenade commented about the letter magic, and after the later comment, she thought for a second , "I think I'm ready." "I don't know what there would be to prepare, I don't know what are the standards when meeting a princess in these days." "I'm sure that if there's something we should know about, Serenade will tell us when she gets back."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom
Again with the conversation going away from Ruby, she stayed quiet just listening the interaction. She understood too what Scarcity was hinting at, or at least she had a guess, but unlike with Marley, this didn't really faze her, but a small but not unnoticeable hint of intrigue was visible for a moment, because though she usually finished prey quickly and didn't go around killing for fun, she enjoyed the short moment of the prey realizing what was happening, and the smell of fear that was left lingering in the air for a while, so that moment being stretched out was intriguing idea to say the least.

Though Ruby didn't really like how the pony constantly talked down on her like she was above the young dragon, she was getting interested in this pony, she was clearly more powerful than Spicy and Marley, and she seemed generally more like minded with Ruby than other ponies she had met.  

@Blitz Boom

Lin grew fond of Shrimp and his endearing personality, but she knew the little creature was worried for her. In the same way, she was worried for him. Though she couldn't stroke him with a free claw, she mustered what strength she could spare to lean in close and spoke with a gentle tone despite the pain this was causing her. 

"It's okay, Shrimp. I'm going to be fine. Just a broken leg, that's all."

Meanwhile, Sen was getting the last bits of Rosa's suit off. He remembered the mask coming off from before and worked out the rest of the suit would probably be more difficult to remove. It was a tight fit and despite his best efforts to be careful, he tore through some of the cloth. Gonna need to apologize for that one later. The last bits of his torn foot wrap cloth and elfroot was applied when a group of odd ponies came by and wheeled Lin and Rosa away. He didn't seem to notice the first instance of the gate appear and the first nurse calling for security but that could be chalked up to just being too focused in helping Rosa. 

He did catch sight of Shrimp trying to bite the nurses away from Lin but she kept calm about it, trying to soothe the little one's worries. Sen came over and picked the refraction up and held him close to Lin so she could stroke him. There he gestured to Omen to follow the gurneys and their friends as far as they could go until they were barred from seeing them. 

"We did what we could. I hope they come out of there alright." Sen handed Shrimp back to Omen and clutched Rosa's wet mask and suit. Waiting was all they could do now. 

=========================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

"We trust Thorax to lead his hive well. If I remember correctly, he encourages the changelings he leads to stay in their true forms instead of being someone they're not. They are certainly a lot more colorful now."

If anyone could vouch for the new hive's leader Thorax, Spike will be the first to speak up about him. They've had a rocky start but if anyone gave a chance for the changelings to change, those two have done that and more. The changelings' reputation is already tarnished by Chrysalis and her influence has led to much suspicion about the changelings as a whole, but their intentions to remain true to their new path is genuine, and Fluttershy, as well as her friends, are willing to stand up for them. 

"The changelings feed on love, and used to feed off other creatures to sustain themselves. After they learned to share love and other positive emotions amongst themselves, they no longer need to rely on other creatures' emotions for sustenance. Although to their benefit, we slowly started accepting them too. They haven't felt starved for a while now."

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Once the trio were back in the O.M.I. basement Rising Dusk managed to return from his own thoughts and into the present.  This time though, the basement was already occupied by a pair of older looking unicorn stallions who had settled in at one of the tables, each sitting across from the other.  Canterlot wizards he surmised from their cloaks and style of beards, in fashion many moons ago.  It looked like the two were examining a tea pot that sat inside the carved magic circle each table had.  Scrolls from the shelves of the basement had been scattered about as the two compared notes.  With a quick blink he reached out with his senses to see the faint spell work of the enchanted tea pot.  Stepping in their direction he address the pair.  "Excuse me good gentlecolts, I need the basement for a Code 6.  If you'd please vacate the basement for a few hours, it would be greatly appreciated.  I'll ensure your work is undisturbed," he instructed while reaching into the pouch of his hoodie and removing his badge to show the two.  

A golden shield shaped badge with leather backer gleamed in the light of the basement. The shield filled with an open spell book with the left 'page' reading "O.M.I.  Office of Magical Investigations" and the right reading "Detective Rising Dusk."  His cutie mark engraved in the metal just below his name and title.  At the top of the badge, the royal seal that marked the identification of an Equestria law enforcement officer.  As a detective he wasn't required to wear a uniform like a regular police officer, as it helped him blend in more when investigating.  So it was best to show the two the badge rather than let them think just some random unicorn came into the basement making demands.  Luckily the older pair were patient enough and polite enough to respect the wishes of the detective.  The two bowed their heads and put their scrolls down before excusing themselves from the basement to return later.

With the basement in a more secure state now, Rising Dusk joined the two sisters at the table they had chosen.  Time to the work to begin.  When Null removed the picture from her saddle bag, his mind ran though the list and compared the two.  The list they sisters put together made it easier to tell the detective the details of each object they carried without having to describe it to him themselves.  Ponies disappear when they old the locket.  Alright, let's see what they got here.  Using his sense to pull up the spell work of the picture.  A shimmering yellow tapestry hovered before the picture.  Not a spell cast by a pony.  If one could break down the spell works he could see into that of art, this was the style of a different species.  Just as each artist had their own style and signature, spells were no different.  Kirin?  Dragon?  Kitsune perhaps?  Curious, no oozing dripping mess one sees in dark magic, instead a nice solid spell, that much remained the same regardless of who cast it.  He perked his eyebrow, this spell had no malicious put into this artifact.  It was simply a teleportation spell with a small corner set to luring the pony who touched it into the locket.  The destination was completely random, no set place to drop the pony, granted that could be dangerous if they weren't prepared for where they landed.  It was a prank spell, of a higher order than a pony finds in a joke shop.  Yep, Kitsune.  Was it that simple though?  Rising Dusk tilted his head to the left and then to the right.  There was a little something just on the edge of the yellow that was very hard to detect.  A booby trap hidden right under the teleportation spell?  Better stay on his guard.

His horn ignited in orange and swirled with black wisps.  The picture was lifted a few hooves off the table and the wisps began their familiar dance of dispel.  It wasn't all that complex a spell.  He remember a case where this unicorn attempted to flee the scene using short range teleportation.  Only for Rising Dusk to keep yanking one strand of the spell that caused her to keep teleporting back in his direction until she exhausted herself.  The spell before him was quickly unraveling without issue.  Nope... too easy.  Until a horrible game of peek a boo was played on him and the hidden booby trap leapt out at him.  A blue spell that did away completely of the yellow one without care took over and activated.  Ready for it, with a flick of his horn one of the black wisps poked the spell and popped it like a balloon with only a single yip of laughter escaping.  Why do joke spells always behave like balloons?  The mysteries of magic were just as much confusing as they were useful.  If being dispelled by a normal unicorn, they'd never have caught the spell hidden under the first.  Crafty little buggers.

"Foxes," the detective sighed and let the picture fall back to the table.

@Moonlit

Ziggy waved off Serenade as she left, right before a nurse wandered in to give her the next dosage of meds. Not for the leg, since long as she didn't wiggle it, or her wing - which were tied down with gauze around her torso to make sure - it wouldn't hurt anymore, but her overproduction of energy had to be kept down since she couldn't freely move.

============================================================================

"Makes sense. Let's just hope that everything will go well once she eventually shows up."

Perhaps it would be fine. They had some time to think this over after all, right? And if Nada could seem as sure that things would be fine as she were, then surely Cherish could try to share that, right?

Then the door knocked, and her eyes went wide. The princess were already here? B-But... No, w-wait, Serenade! Yes, of course, it had to be her. Obviously.

"Could you get that? Or throw me closer? It's uhm... A little out of my reach."

Meanwhile, outside, Berry approached and noticed somepony outside the door. Whoever it were, she didn't see as she were focused on not dropping the coffee.

"Hey there! I brought coffee and cake."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Nothing to say I hear. It's fine, I believe our guest will arrive any moment now, and before that, I would like to go over some transportation details with you."

Scarcity opened a drawer and pulled out two, pure silver coins. No emblems on either side, beyond a single sliver on one side, made of something that should confuse Ruby's senses. Precious in a way, trash in another, with a strange vibration to it. Nothing a regular being would ever know, but whatever this were made of, it should register for Ruby, as confusing as it may be.

"Simply hold on to these. I will spare you the minor details, but let it be sufficient to say that considering the time limits, this is the only way you will reach the auction in time."

========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

The sisters looked at one another, then back at Rising and with a weary tone uttered in unity.

"We know."

Neighpon had been their destination the year before they reached Equestria, and it had been a nightmare. Not because of the locals, as they had learned their lesson enough to stay away from any of the main towns, and didn't react on anything they heard off that had magic. Rumor had it that the country had a pretty tight grip on things like that, and knew how to deal with them, so there were no need for them. It were one of the reasons why they had gone there, to try and live on their own, in a place where they wouldn't have to step out of the shadows. Not a perfect life, but a life regardless.

It eventually even seemed like they managed to get some creatures who were on their side, as they eventually ran into a pair of Kitsune, who found the strange loners in the forest to be fun to play a few pranks on. However, once they realized their illusions weren't working on the pair, they approached, and over time, they became somewhat regulars. Staying mostly at a distance, saying a few words that were hardly ever responded to, and left a few things the ponies found useful at night when they were sleeping. They had eventually started to think that the pair of Kitsune were basically harmless, and tried responding.

They learned after three months that it weren't that simple.

Seeing what the sisters could do, the foxes wanted to show it to their brethren, but since they could lure them in with illusions, they did the next best thing: Tricked them. Every night, their shack got moved in silence, whilst the sisters were kept down with a few herbs that did for a fine sleeping powder. Not enough to run away with them sadly, but enough to make things happen a little by little, then change the area with some spells, and since the sisters got given some things nearby to eat,t hey could be directed to not go certain ways. They didn't even notice until three months later, when the fox-like creatures didn't show all of a sudden, and they went looking for something to stock their food reserves with.

They ran into the walls about then, and found they had been placed in a large labyrinth, where any Kitsune who wanted to could go in and have a look, mess around, and leave a few things for their new exhibits. The sisters were treated well, got things they'd need, and weren't really bothered all that much, all things considered. Still, they didn't like being controlled, and after a half year, they actually managed to escape from finding the exit. The Kitsune were tricksters, but they weren't without some kind of fairness to them. If the sisters could find the exit, they let them leave, and so it remained, though it took two months before the two could believe that they were actually out, and weren't turned around in a bigger maze, at which point they had nicked the necklace from some town they rushed through, and didn't think to leave it to the internal office, or whatever that country called it.

Equestria had been something they discussed there, as they had little else to speak about, and where after much pestering, Null had sworn to her sister that she would take them there, and seek a life in the only place they had been told from they could understand words, were never a place where any joy existed, and you either obeyed, or were made to. What a load that had been...

All things said and done though, the Kitsune were still one of the more agreeable racers the two of them had run into. At least they were treated right, if too much like pets and playmates, as well as beings that could be used to settle some bets. It said something about their lives that after everything there, it were still among the better times.

"Here's the next one. A class 5, number 23 and I only put a warning in your papers, because I wanted to see your meddle."

There were only one line, written in thick letters about this, and it were the words "NEVER look at the eyes!"

(Remember, class 5 is not doing much before you interact with it, though what you think from there, go nuts)

================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"We actually have some questions regarding that."

A pony suddenly teleported to a point a meter in the direction of the hall that weren't guarded, with four armed guards soon following.

The pony in question were well dressed in a suit, slit back, dark hair, and a bound tail. Everything screamed professionalism, as did it when the guards lowered their weapons as Omen got closer and sniffed the air near him.

"May I ask what you're doing?"

"Much magic. Familiar... Something is not real."

The pony smirked, and took a step back, away from the sniffing Omen.

"Noisy little creature, aren't you? But if you want to know what is real or not, you need to spill the beans about who you, and those two injured ones are, or you're not going to see them again for a long, long time. Even if you can open those gates, or can smell them, you cannot find anything here unless We want you to.

So, start with names, tell us how you even found this place, and perhaps we can get through this nice and easy. And do keep in mind, we have your friends. Play nice, and nothing bad will happen to them. We'll even make sure they get nice and healthy in record time. You have my word, for what it's worth to you."

The pony got a strange, predatory look going over his eyes as he turned to Sen, who he would identify as being related to the least injured patient from before, because of their similarities, albeit a lot were different. Surely this one would be worried sick about his potential relative, and might be smarter than the one who glared at him with a blank expression.

"The one with the leg. I take it she is someone close to you? Wouldn't she be happy when she wakes up, knowing that you did everything you could to make sure she got the very best care imaginable?"

Lin and Rosa would be fine, though for the time being, kept under sedation. For their safety, as well as those who were in this place.

====================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Dji

"Even if they are sharing emotions, that can't be all that sustains them. Everything you do take energy, and you can't just live off the same energy over and over. Something else have to get eaten by th-"

"Wait, I've seen those!"

Lotus suddenly jumped up and down, speaking up as Fluttershy began speaking more about changelings, and how they were colorful bug ponies. She hadn't been sure right away, but the description were starting to get too close to what she had seen to be a coincidence.

"Desert temple. One of them said she were a queen, then strange, tall creature and her got into shiny cocoons, before getting out and having lots of colors. I don't remember what they were talking about, but the huge cat creature said something about them getting the desert temple, then we left."

"So... The sphinx gave her new desert area, to a pair of changelings? Fluttershy, I will have to ask you to tell me in more details what happened out there, and whatever or not these two are going to be trouble, or if they're with Thorax. Is she his queen?"

Fluttershy should likely remember Onache, and her strange, human-changeling drone, who took the deep dive into the reformed changeling forms. Especially Onache, who had said quite the mean things to the pony at first. Speaking to and about her like she were little more than cattle. That might leave some degree of impression. As should it that Onache and Thorax did not have the best connection between one another, to put it mildly. At least not currently.

Lotus was just happy that she could actually help now, and looked mighty proud at herself whilst Nerzhei took another swig of her elixir, to hold back a headache budding forth from another twist in the road. This were really getting to be a long, frustrating, overall painfully confusing day.

@Lucid_Nightlight

"No, but you can put a breezie in it. Oh hey! Finally that didn't get censored! Lazy author missed it, hehe."

Lucid's outburst got her a little out of her giddy state, and she snapped her tail to make a wall of vines grow up to replace what were just smashed of the real wall.

"Hey, you have to repair things too sometimes, or all the pitchforks and stuff comes out. No fun in that."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"I mean, I could probably make them stop, but I don't like world domination since whoever made the stick is bent on that. Or are they bent on destroying the entire Omniverse? Eh, potato tomato."

"There's probably more to it than that, but I guess that would be the basic idea."

Lucid looked at Anomaly.

"Should we take his couch?"

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit

Nada looked at the door when she heard the knock, her first thought was that it would be Serenade, but then she challenged that idea in her mind because why would Serenade knock the door of her own house? She thought for a second at Cherish's suggestions, "I can get it." she finally replied, getting out of the water and shaking worst of the water off before heading to the door. She was bit nervous not knowing who to expect, and was hoping that whoever it was wouldn't freak out. She carefully opened the door looking out immediately when there was a cap big enough to look out from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom

Ruby sensed the unknown material but she was more suspicious than confused, because the idea of silver coin, since that was clearly what it was made to seem like, helping with getting somewhere in time, made Ruby think of only one thing, magic, or more precisely teleportation, and that wasn't anything to be suspicious of, but why her suspicion came in was both because Scarcity didn't say it was the case, which she would most likely have done if it was something that simple, and because of the material that was clearly confusing her sense and vibrating. Ruby didn't take the coin and instead looked at it closer as if she was examining it "I'd like to know those minor details." "Because these clearly are not just silver coins." she looked up to Scarcity "And you not telling what they are really makes one cautious, because that usually indicates there's something you don't want to tell." to this point she had trusted Spicy and Marley enough to do as they say and do, but now, especially considering the reputation of this pony, she needed to be more careful.

@Dji

Obviously this reaction was expected, the unexpected would've been Watts not reacting at all. But then Zealous jutted in. "You're an idiot, Francis, let's just go. He's harmless seeing as he's dumb enough to reveal himself like that."

But, that did surprise him, as much as it shouldn't have, it was angering him that someone was calling him dumb. But he never was *that* smart as a changeling. "W-Well." He stuttered, unsure what to do with this unfamiliar feeling, since he never encountered many anger inducing moments. He leaned down and flew off without much thought. "Figures, even if I did that for no other reason, It gives me a reason to leave." He said to himself as he flew off.
===========================

@Blitz Boom

"Warping time?" Astral looked to him, tilting her head at him. "When did I ever mention that?" She asked, chuckling a little. "I can't warp time, at the least, I don't know the spell for it. We could teleport, but I also need to recharge my magic. So not using any spells would be better. Even if it takes longer."

===========================

@Blitz Boom

Sapphire gave an odd grin as she listened to her sister. "You've encountered him surely, yet you act as if you've only just met him. But anyway..." She started to pace around the room to think. "The best way to find something for varied magic, would be the Element, of Dark Magic." She looked to Emerald. "Now, it's not a location to learn varied magic, it's not a book. But what I've read on it, it can use multiple types of magic at once."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"You call it a prison, I call it fate," Karmic smirked but kept on being on Enzo's back in case any traps where sprung. "What kind of place is this to lose so many Sphinx?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I'm honestly not sure on who or what happened to get me away from Queen Chrysalis but in hindsight, it was most likely for the best. The Canterlot didn't go well for her and I doubt any other ventures she may have tried have ended in success either," Aurora commented, looking up at Onache. She sat down and curled her tail around her legs before tilting her head. "That throne suits you, Queen Onache."

@EQ_Theta, @Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"You must be talking about Onache, Happy, and Aurora. I may not be talking much but I do like listening," Twilight chuckled. "However, those three changelings are nothing to worry about as far as we know. Two of them did change into what Thorax looks like. A colourful bug pony. But one didn't, and I believe that's because they're timid from what I could gather, and not really used to anything to do with changelings," she added and glanced towards Fluttershy. "Isn't that right, Fluttershy? Or was I reading the situation wrong again?"

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

"And there goes a dumb changeling. Honestly, why do changelings even still hide themselves? We're slowly accepting them," Watts said in confusion as she lifted her goggles back to her forehead. She looked at the fleeing changeling and then at Zealous. "If we have nothing better to do, do you want to follow him?"

@Blitz Boom

A curious reaction from the sisters, but it shouldn't have been all that surprising consider the amount of experience they had.  Outside of Equestria Rising Dusk only knew of through books and the occasional oddity that wandered in.  His duties in taking on cases outside of Manehatten itself was still pretty new in the grand scheme of things.  While it would be most interesting to hear more, he wasn't all that confident they would be the most pleasant of tales.  The sisters were familiar enough with Kitsune that he didn't need to explain.  It was rare to find a pony anywhere in these lands that knew about the little trickster foxes.  Probably a good thing to be honest.

Item number five for the detective was prompt up onto the table, with a nice resounding thud of solid stone on solid oak.  Number 23 on the overall list provided by Null.  Said list flashing through his memory and the notes about what was given to him next.  Not that the note was as helpful as the last.  Rising Dusk might have to put a little more effort if all he had to go off of is to not look into it's eyes.  Before him sat a rather heavy looking stone bust of some wicked looking Ram.  She was carrying that thing around in her saddle bag?  Poor thing.

Luckily there was plenty to look at to keep his attention away from the eyes.  Long spiraled horns and a bushy beard common in older Rams.  There was no calling from the statue that he could hear, no urge to pull the detective into whatever horror it's gaze would cause.  It wouldn't be hard for an unsuspecting pony to just treat it as some sort of decorative art piece and not know what kind of trouble they were in for.  Such things couldn't be hidden from Rising Dusk though.  Much, much more was hidden inside this stone that he wasn't even sure the sisters knew what they were carrying.  The one sense of it he figured they might be able to grasp of it would be in the detective's reaction to what his extra sense saw.  The detective was no longer looking at the bust at all.  In fact he was looking about three feet above it and was leaning back in his chair in an effort to fill his field of vision with what he was seeing.

Thus far the spell weaves he'd been dispelling with the sisters had tapestries not all that far off from the size of the object itself.  Now though, he was looking at a spell that's ethereal weave was as big as a wagon!  His eyes wide and slowly moving from side to side as if reading a giant memorial.  There was so much to take in all at once.  The warning to not look into the eyes was fair enough, but that part of the spell was just a simple soul sap jumbled mess the size of an apple tucked away in the corner of the whole tapestry.  It left the pony drained, but alive and with a piece of their selves missing.  Weaves of gold, green, purple, black, silver, red and blue danced before him.  Ordered and organized like the most complex of clocks.  Nothing was wasted and everything had it's place with purpose.  The soul sap was the tip of this iceberg, but the rest of it sure did a lot with that piece it borrowed.  Everything was connected together with that single silver strand and numerous multi-colored strands went off into the aether, likely connecting to other artifacts if he had to guess. If this spell was made for darkness or light, it was hard to tell.  Nothing oozed with malicious or gleamed with harmony it was hard to tell what the creature felt when casting this spell.  

He'd been looking at the spell before him for quite a while now, much longer than the previous dispels.  The spell was already burned into his mind the instant he saw it, but now the hard part.  Every spell was a puzzle, this one just happen to have a billion moving parts.  Okay, a bit of an over the top guess, but oof was this thing complex.  The spell looked very old with a lot of ancient spell work written into it.  So old in fact, the creature or whatever that cast it didn't seem all that concerned in anypony's ability to deal with it in their time.  Being too complex aids in the domino effect when it comes to dispelling.  Everything was so ordered and organized it would be easy to stall one area to completely shut down the whole thing.  Being a little gunshy after the booby trap from the last artifact, he was taking a little more time and not just wanting to jump on the quick answer.  The more time he took though, the more he learned about the spell and what it did with that piece it took. 

This was an awakening.  Not for something in this specific Ram bust, not at all.  This was a harvest point, one of many he suspected.  The soul was taken, refined, imprinted and returned to the pony after it took something before being sent off else where.  The gold tapestry, the largest in the whole spell work, served as both a clock and counter.  But how it kept time and the like was lost to Dusk.  "This... will take a minute," he finally addressed the sisters.  Igniting his horn anew he cast his black wisps upon the spell work that enchanted the wicked stone bust.  Rather the flurry of blows the sister might be accustom to seeing thus far, the wisps snipped and sliced at the air in a much slower, careful dance.  This was also the most effect way to show the two how large the spell he was dealing with actually was as the wisps danced around a large area.  It required more effort to cast the wisps over a larger area, but the spell put up little fight in being dispelled.  Even being easy to catch any run away spells unraveling into anything dangerous.  His breathing was slow and steady, using it as a paced rhythm like dealing with a heavy weight.  Beads of sweat slowly appearing on his face.

Two minutes, three, five, six, tick tock.  Coming up on ten minutes Rising Dusk had reduced the large spell into the size of that of the bust.  With all the black wisps concentrated, he drove them down on the stone Ram like nail and split the bust in half, ending the curse.  Keeping his breathing steady, he extinguished his horn.  "Whoever made that thing was very confident it would last for ages.  It wasn't worried about luring anypony in.  Very ancient magic and only one of Celestia knows how many other pieces."

@Blitz Boom

What did you mean by that? About not being real and familiar magic?

Sen whispered as quietly as he could to Omen, taking her aside and moving her to his back subtly to make it seem like he is putting himself in the middle of this standoff of sorts. Hopefully Omen might be able to provide an answer without the pony or his guards hearing her. 

He didn't take kindly to being threatened, taking a more aggressive stance and eyeing the hostile group ahead. He, however, held back from doing anything more than attempt to take them on. They were in a hospital and could seriously injure anyone nearby, and the group had Lin and Rosa as bargaining chips, at least from what Sen understood. What tipped him off were Omen's remarks, cryptic as they are, as well as what the pony in the suit said.

He wasn't normally the deeply analytical type but he caught on to some things that the pony should not know about them. Omen being able to track others through scent, the portals allowing them to travel to different places being called gates, and healing magic working a little too perfect to be true. That last one was a mere guess stemming from how Sen's distrust of magic leading to suspicions that even his own passive healing ability likely had a catch he doesn't know about. Everything about this encounter is giving him a reason to believe the pony before him isn't here for simple chatting, more like wanting to exploit or extort them for their own ends. 

"You seem to know an awful lot, well-informed about things only we know. How about you tell us who you are and why you're interested in us?" 

Admittledly, Sen hoped he could buy Omen enough time to tell him something that could at least give him an idea about who they are dealing with and how to respond. That, and maybe figure out his next move. 

==============================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

"That's right, Twilight. Happy and Onache changed into more colorful and whole forms back in the desert. I'm not fully informed about Aurora though so that leaves you more knowledgeable about that matter." 

Frankly, the whole issue back at the desert went by like a blur. It was nice to see all the talk about friendship and taking a chance on a big change got through to Onache. This probably might qualify as a friendship quest if the map were to send her out but seeing how things are looking up for the new changelings, there was room to forge new ties with them. After all, they will need friends and a way to reach out to Thorax. Both are now possible with a good chance of becoming true. 

"The situation back at the desert came about because of Onache looking for a supply of ponies to feed on. In her old state, she was starved and despite her ill methods, her heart was in the right place. She cared for her hive and wanted to make sure they were fed. Onache and Thorax are of different hives if I remember right. The sphinx gave her and her drone Happy the desert to help them start anew."

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Dji

"The only sphinx this place ever saw were me, and it were not by my choice. This temple ran by dragons, and if I ever saw one of them breathe in my vicinity, I would chain them atop the highest, most frozen mountain this world have seen, and let them rot, as they left me to do."

Enzo let out a growl as he spoke, and his eyes grew hateful. Much as the ponies has made him let go of his grudge towards all of dragonkind, they would never be able to make him forgive those who had chained him. 2 centuries of ignoring him and his pleas to be released, and then a century of loneliness, with nothing to sustain himself, but what he were able to make out of the critters in his vicinity, and the rare bird flying above. If they still lived, they were going to pay.

=======================================================================================================

@Dji

"She got too big for her own good. The hive of a changeling needs to be held at a number where it can be sustained, but she thought she could go further. Culling nopony, overtaking other hives, and building herself a marauding army.

It did make her powerful. I saw that for myself, as she assimilated my hive, but her changelings starved profoundly, and drones were born mindless. She needed Canterlot to keep it alive, but even if she had won, it would not have been enough. A few weeks at best, to sate the hunger, but then eyes would need to go to other kingdoms, and larger towns.

I had mild admiration for her ambition, yet her execution and lack of foresight were staggering. She failed to understand that with more predators than prey, we would only set up our own downfall. I doubt that when she raises a new hive, she will have learned that lesson, and she will fall once again. Perhaps next time the ponies will learn their lesson, and strike her down."

"I doubt it. They keep thinking they can save everypony, like they did with Discord."

"They will fail then. As for my throne... I find it acceptable for now, but it needs to be lined with something more befitting of a queen. The hide of a great best, brought down by my own hooves should suffice, soon as I find something worth my time.

Tell us something, little one. If you lives among the griffons, but share none of their need for fighting, how did you not get found out? A changeling must adapt to blend in well, and those griffons I have met have not been less mistrustful of oddities than ponies."

Onache were genuinely curious about this, and wondered if perhaps Griffonstone were just simpler, and more foolish, Perhaps sheltered from the odds of changelings, they had grown complacent? If so, they would do for a tempting target for Chrysalis in due time. Something to watch for, she would think.

===========================================================================================================

@Dji @EQ_Theta

Nerzhei had to sit down and drink a full vial of elixir before she could go on. The headache were trying to consume her from the mess of things that had just been told, and it took more than a small dosage to if not fix her,then at least make things tone down to a more tolerable level. At this rate, she'd have to excuse herself from any more interactions with the ponies, as she were down to two and a half vials right now, and without them, another migraine could end up leaving her whimpering on the floor, wishing for the end.

Lotus had jumped over and put her paws on the dragon, looking up at her friend with nervous eyes until Nerzhei eventually opened her eyes, and let out a long, shaking sigh.

"Okay. I don't like what I hear, and I think you're thinking too little over the fact that it is impossible to sustain themselves with nothing taken from the outside, but... Fine. I don't have the elixir, knowledge, or strength to argue for my worries right now, so I'm just going to accept what you have told me for now to some degree. I would advice caution in regards to anyone who came with the intent of stealing your kind away for food, since you don't really know if that have changed, but it's your choice what you think.

The second I have some semblance of power again though, I am going into the desert, and I will face these changelings myself to get some answers, and to see to it that the desert they reside in does not spread. Standing on the ground as it withered away, nearly ended Lyriel, and I need to know that it doesn't get worse before she gets out there again. Either from the sands or these changelings, of which I now understand there is several hives, and only the colorful are on your side. As far as you know anyway. I don't know how you think you can just trust them though."

"It's because they have faith."

Nerzhei turned her head at the voice, and she looked over to the pony-like creature that had entered silently while they talked, and observed them from the hallway.

FspbREx.jpg

The flowers in her mossy fur were looking soggy and the glow in her green eyes somewhat dim, but it were still Lyriel as the dragon had come to known her.

"They believe these strange creatures because they want to think the best in others. I have found this hope to be the quality I find most endearing in ponies."

"Evidence is stronger than mere hope."

"Perhaps, but I find their faith to bring me comfort."

Lyriel wandered closer, but stopped a few meters from them, and sat down on the floor, where she looked at the two ponies. First Twilight, then Fluttershy.

"My name is Lyriel. The last daughter of the Silver Valley, and I thank you for stopping the sphinx from engulfing my forest. I know not you, purple pony, but I understand that this is your home? It's... Barren, but strangely feel as if nature brims within the walls. It's a soothing feeling.

You I know though, Fluttershy. The beasts of the forest speaks kindly of you. Even those who think badly of ponies have warm words for you. It is an honor to meet you.

But please, go on with your talk. I just needed to see others, after I finally came through again. The garden outside is lovely, but the bubbly creatures speak not a language I can hear."

Lyriel spoke with a tired, but soothing voice, and both Angel and lotus should feel some degree of calm being near her. A minor side effect of being a dryad, though nothing that would dictate their behavior or force them to do anything. It had a larger effect on more wild and primal beings, as it were a kind of soothing effect on the instincts, yet again, nothing that would force the will.

==========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

7 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

What did you mean by that? About not being real and familiar magic?

"Illusions. Master used many. Smells familiar, but stranger."

"The right words are *More powerful*."

Even if Sen whispered, that weren't really possible for Omen. Her voice would always reach the beings within her vicinity, and leave the clear, but whispering voice inside their head. She could have gone away a little, yet the pony were following nearby, so she couldn't. Plus she didn't really think about it, as rarely she had found a reason not to speak so that everypony near could *hear* her.

8 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

"You seem to know an awful lot, well-informed about things only we know. How about you tell us who you are and why you're interested in us?" 

"You barged into our classroo- I mean, home. We have to answer you nothing, and if you keep playing your games, it will be worst for your companions."

"Is that so?"

A black cat passed through the guarded door, and looked with narrowed eyes as she spoke to the pony. One who now suddenly seemed far more nervous and sweaty in it, after the appearance of the disapproving feline.

"T-Teacher, we can explai-"

"You know the rules, Mr. Wyan. Never break the illusion, by telling that you're not what you seem. You're disappointing me."

"But that's not fair! She could smell through the magic."

"As can a pawful of races around the world. You're going to keep using this as an excuse when you face them too? Retest tomorrow at noon. Stage 3 scenario."

"But-"

"Do you want a stage 6 instead?"

The cat stepped forward, and the pony grew pale, whilst his form, and that of the guards, shimmered slightly.

"N-No miss."

He sent Sen and Omen a dirty look before vanishing again, leaving them with the cat who let out a sigh, and rolled her eyes as Omen went over to sniff the air near her as well.

"Kits these days. Always thinking they know how to do things better than their elders. And would you stop that infernal sniffing? It's making my whiskers curl to see a pony - or something looking like one at least - do that."

The entire room suddenly shimmered, and fro the bottom up, everything just fluttered out of existence. No longer were they in a hallways in what might be a hospital, but instead in one, very large room, inside what seemed like a hollowed out tree trunk, with doors in several directions.

"That was better. And don't pester me about the other two. Our healers will deal with them fine, and have them up and running soon enough. However, I'm not lifting the veil over this room to show you the real way out before I know who you two and your friends are, and why you're suddenly in my classroom. I don't like unwelcome disturbances when I'm teaching."

The cat gazed up on Sen mostly, as Omen pulled back as she were asked to. The feline most of all looked rather bored and irritated rather than potentially malicious like the last one, but also one with more control. If she began to make threats, it might carry some actual weight to it.

==============================================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"I ain't too in on the whole magic thing yet, so yeah, my bad. Meant the teleport stuff. But you're right, save your energy and let's go."

He'd say he would keep them safe, but honestly, it weren't that way around this worked. Especially not with their wards. They'd cheat themselves through anything.

They wouldn't have any issues with local wildlfe as they went through the forest, and ended on the same stretch of land Misty, Astral and Chow had once been on to get with the train to Canterlot. They'd see if they had to go on that, or just keep walking.

@FanOfManyShows

"If we have to meddle with that, then fine. Though a minor detail there, sister. The one who last used it were Warlock, who is likely trapped in the dungeons of the Canterlot prison. However, far as I know, he lost it whilst fighting your daughter and her little friends. If we want that back, to harvest the magic needed, we might need to get it from her.

And even if we got it, I doubt you can carry it. You already possess one element. More could ruin you, even if this is the element meant for you. Another would need to carry it. I know not if I can, but unless you think that you can convince my niece to help us, that would be our only choice."

To think of Astral suddenly being on their side, even if it meant getting her mother back... What a riot.

Cherish stood in the background, ready to shield Nada from vision if she got a little closer. Just in case this were an intruder.

Yet, it turned out to be none other than the princess of the night herself, flanked with two ponies. Pure-blood bat ponies it looked like. Fitting of her stand, most certainly.

"Y-Your majesty. This is... N-No, she should introduce herself."

"The princess is here? Boy howdy, good I brought extra. You aren't shy of some bagels and caffeine, right?"

Berry didn't get intimidated by royalty, but she'd watch her muzzle about the conspiracy around them, as she weren't sure how involved they were with it. Hopefully they would get fooled by the act, and not send goons to make her disappear.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Let me dispell any doubt you may have: I am never telling anypony everything. Such knowledge is important to balance, and I make a handsome living knowing what to share -"

Scarcity smirked, though her glance towards the two in front of her - and especially Marley - spoke some of things lurking in her head that she should not know. Something which made the griffon gulp, worried that she may spill the beans on him.

"- And most importantly, what not to.

But I find you an amusingly brazen mare, so perhaps I can indulge your hungry mind with a small taste.

What you hold, are beacons for certain... Unusual associates of mine. When the bell rings, they will grab whoever carries one of these, and take these discs as payment for providing travel. They're quite fond of this material, though why is none of your business. No need to challenge a harmonious relationship after all, hm?"

It didn't concern anypony what her deal were with those beings, though she had to remember to get more slivers of this unique material soon. A big event were soon to happen, and where she had planned for it to be, many of these would be needed to allow for access.

@Lucid_Nightlight 

"Well duh, obviously. But let's have a little fun too, hehe."

Anomaly worked her magic, and slowly, the couch started to split up like a bacteria, and soon an identical one stood there, ready to be put in place of the old one.

"Whenever anypony sits in this, a cloud of spores releases and makes whoever breathes it in go through all sorts of random things. It's hilarious! Especially when they grow a second head or they think their tails are gonna eat them."

@Rising Dusk 

"17. With this one gone, that leaves 16 more.

We got it from an old cultist somewhere near Melbarn. Babbled on and on about needing a new protector for it before his time ended, but needing somepony worthy, and yada yada. When he saw it didn't work on us, he spouted off something about it being a sign of his masters return, and practically forced us to take it with us. If it weren't for the heaps of bodies, we wouldn't have. Heavy garbage.

For what it's worth, he said it was one of 17, harvesting parts for some sort of entity. Never said who, never thought there were anything. Just another cursed object making somepony fried in the head."

Honestly she had just taken this with her to get rid of the heavy trash, and if it weren't for what Rising had said, Null wouldn't have given it a thought beyond that. Now though, it seemed like it were something he'd need to know, even if it was doubtful how much of it were true.

Long away from them, there were one who could authenticate it, as the energy were released, but she cared little. It only mattered that this made for another energy burst, that now made it that she knew what building to focus on, and could zoom in, ready to see whoever exited.

Back in the basement though, Void walked over to Rising, worry radiating from her eye the closer she got.

"Are y-you okay, officer? It t-took you longer than the o-other times. It m-must've been difficult. Draining too p-perhaps? We can wait with m-more things if it t-took it out of you. I don't w-want you to get h-hurt."

The ram head had been a tough one, timewise at least. Most things from a few days ago, had required wards and everything, but they had gotten through somewhat quickly. This one had really taken time, which in part seemed to be fueled by the spell being far larger than the one before, which might really have taken its toll.

Rising were a strong-willed, kind pony, who clearly wanted to do his job well, but Void kept worrying that sooner or later, he'd break during one of these cleansings, and end up getting hurt. Something which she worried about often in life, even if they were being chased down like monsters, but this were different. Rising had done nothing but good things, and his job were highly important. If he got hurt... She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if he ended up crippled, or worse, because they pushed him, or didn't make him question if he were ready. He had done well enough in pushing the breaks the last time, but worry didn't have to be rational. It just needed to involve somepony you cared about.

"Oh please, we gave him worse than this, even if he got stuck on it, he'll be fine. Besides, we still have two more things today, and I want to get rid off #5. I don't wanna keep wondering if I drop the feather, and it starts changing somepony else into a bloodthirsty chicken. It always leaves a mess."