Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Butterscotch Puddin' listened as Circle commented on each candy, and shyly smiled at a few of the comments. She nodded at the taffy remark, and gasped at the idea she had for the "Starlock"s. "That does sound nice, and well.. very enticing, one may say." She said, her ears folding over at the word, having a tough time pronouncing it. She didn't particularly read the ingredient list yet for the package she gave her, but started to once mentioned. A few she didn't recognize, but that would explain itself as she mentioned earlier how often she liked to travel. 

"I've only traveled a little since my adventure began. I thought I'd start local first then expand from there." She adjusts her guitar case on her back. "You see, I come from an inn of sorts, located inbetween Canterlot and Ponyville. My mother owns the place, and she, well, welcomes just about every creature. I learned a few things from travelers that visited, and well it built up my own desire to travel. But to make a long story short.." She pauses, taking out the bunny-shaped caramel toffee. "...I hope to one day open up my own shop."

She analyzes the caramel toffee, and takes a nibble. She smirks, enjoying the taste and takes another bite. "To be honest.. I still have a long time to go before coming close to that." She sweatdrops, her hoof behind her head as she nervously laughs.   

@Dji

He looked around from above, seeing them following him. "Great, they're probably trying to get me captured or someth-" Conveniently, his distraction leads to him not realizing where he was heading, and that there was a glass window there. This followed soon after Watts finished talking. He shakes his head, fluttering his wings as he nearly touches the ground, flying back over the building.

Zealous chuckles to himself, looking to Watts "Guess I called it huh?"

The building would block their way soon after, requiring them to lose sight of the changeling to catch up. "Lost them for now." He said to himself, sitting on the rooftops as he took a breather.
==========================

@Blitz Boom

Sapphire let out a snicker, breaking her serious tone as a funny idea crossed her mind, of all ponies to like it had to be the one Sapphire personally imprisoned. "Yeah, let's call it irregular behavior." She said, giving a wink at her, an oddly childish one at that. She let out a puff of air to relax herself before putting her serious tone back on. "Well, let's check Iron's home. I know he did lots of research into weird and strange magic. There's also Warlocks and our own, but you'd remember if we had any magic books like that." She said, looking to the book shelf. "Potentially Astral has some, but I really doubt she'd find any that special.

==========================

@Blitz Boom

"What are you saying this again for? We're nearly to the station, and on the way to a place where we can relax and rest." She said, stepping closer to him. "And I sleep just fine, I wouldn't need tranquilizers."

"She actually sleeps too well. She over sleeps aallll the time." Misty added, Astal looking to her. "What?"

"Anyway, I get it Chow. I need to rest, we discussed this already and we are working on doing that." She said while looking back to Chow.

@Blitz Boom

Compared to yesterday, this round of artifacts wasn't too bad.  Well, at least when it came to his energy reserves in the dispels.  Each of them were still dangerous in their own way, but at least these were in most ways familiar enough for the detective to work through.  While rest would be nice, it wasn't all that necessary for the task at hoof, especially if this was the last of the artifacts they brought with them.  Void's concern for him was understandable and sweet as well.  He'd be sure not to push himself too hard though, for her sake.  That and he'd need at least a little energy left over to possibly deal with the scry spell hanging over the agency.  Now that he thought about it though, Rising Dusk should have asked one of the other officers to look into it while he was down here.  Tussle or Nova probably could have dealt with it in the time it took him to knock out these artifacts.  Considering it was likely after him though or the sisters, better to deal with it himself until he had more information.  Last thing he needed was for Scarlet to catch wind that somepony was scrying for him.  She'd get in her mind somehow that some secret admirer was looking in on him and he'd never hear the end of it!  Office rumors are the true horrors of agency work.

The amusing thought lifted his spirits though as the two sisters talked.  Ultimately ending with the metallic thud of a solid piece of gold being placed on the wooden table.  Ten inches of solid gold was nothing to sneeze at, it had to be quite heavy.  That poor pegasus' back.  At this point he hoped that even with new wings from Molotov that she'd be able to fly.  With the artifact identified his memory flashed over the list Null had given him with the brief details.  A large slab of gold in the shape of a puzzle piece and all it did was make a pony's heart explode?  Not much a rhyme or reason to it.  Best guess was that it belonged to a bigger picture.  Something he should be able to figure out here shortly.

With the removal of Null's hoof he brought the spell weave into his field of vision.  A gold tapestry rather fitting of the material it was made of, shimmered around the large slab.  This wasn't right.  Rising Dusk cocked his head to the right, then to the left.  Back to the right another time before straightening up again.  A puzzled look crossed his face as he just stared at it.  While he could understand why the puzzle piece did what it did now with the whole exploding heart thing, but that was not it's original intended purpose.  The spell work that he saw had been gnarled and mangled into a really big mess.  Somepony else had, however long ago, tampered with the spell originally case on the artifact.  In no way elegant or delicate in any sense of the words, brute force like taking a hammer to a piece of art had a once over on this poor thing.  A common mistake seen in amateur unicorns trying to dispel magic above their heads.  Also another great example of what can happen when a pony tries to dispel and actually ends up make the spell worse.  Reminds him of this time he received a rather mangled magic chalice from Ponyville and a letter from a very apologetic Princess seeking a little help.

All in all though, Rising Dusk couldn't make heads or tails about what the spell use to be while how badly twisted it was.  The very edge of the spell though looked to still have a bit of its origin, confirming his theory that the spell linked with another one.  Another large spell out there made up of many pieces.  Efficient, but annoying if you happen to not have all of them together.  Considering the part of the spell that linked it to others was still, mostly, intact he could figure the other pieces had similar magical hammer bashings in order to make whatever overall spell the pieces made different from its origin.  Igniting his horn to get ready to work, he took a moment to point at the puzzle piece, "Somepony actually broken this spell.  Like when you break a piece of metal and it becomes jagged.  It wasn't meant to explode hearts."

Time to file down these jagged edges, as it were.  The black wisps of his dispel magic leapt out again as the detective worked to untangle the golden weave so that he could safely bring it completely down.  When a spell has purpose its much easier to unravel as it has a more defined shape.  Here where it's more random from a bashing, he had to be a little more delicate.  The only way the sister might be able to tell this would be from the occasional black wisp snapping away from the others to catch a runaway flow of magic trying to burst free.

Soon the soft sound of a sizzle from the artifact gave the death toll of the spell woven into the golden puzzle piece and the detective extinguished his magic with only a minor rush of dizziness that passed just as quickly as it occurred.  A little tired, but no where near the state he ended in yesterday.  Pointing at the piece again he smiled at the sisters, "You could probably melt that down for a good number of bits."

@Lucid_Nightlight

A big red button? Sure, when did that ever go wrong, right?

Anomaly smashed her hoof down on the button, and watched in excitement as... Nothing happened. What a darn letdown! Well, what was this blue one gonna do then?

The resounding splat that came as Anomaly got a pie smashed in her face answered that question. Why would this tank have a pie option though? Guess in case the driver got peckish? Yeah, that did make a bunch of sense actually. Must be the deluxe model.

Licking the remnants off, she eyed a green button with the small print of "Push me!" written on it, and hovered her hoof over it, only pausing briefly to answer Lucid's remark.

"Well duh, penguins are stupid. They're easy to win against. Now give 'em better brains and functional wings, and now you have a fair fight. Oooh, poisonous beaks too, maybe? Gonna have to try that. You know, if this doesn't kill us, hehe."

With that, she bashed down on the button, and just in case, opened her mouth. Who knew, this might be the cake button.

==========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 1/3/2019 at 3:46 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you scour minds? I mean no offense but it does come off a little sinister and if it will hurt a lot, I will take action against it. I don't want Omen and Rosa getting hurt even if you are taking precautions."

"It's a simple mind reading spell. You won't even know that it's happening."

The undertone in Yazma's response were one of slight teasing and mischief, as if to say that anyone at any time might be reading their mind, and they wouldn't have a clue. She may be a teacher, and one who took her duty seriously, yet she were still a kitsune. Causing trouble and paranoia were an integral part of what she were, and when an easy opportunity such as this presented itself, it were impossible to resist it.

In reality, it took more than a mere first year student to make a successful mind reading spell work right. It were among the advanced studies, and if cast by one who didn't know what they were doing, would instead give their target full insight into the casters mind. Not a result that anyone wanted to happen. Especially as the mind of a kitsune tended to be... Difficult to interpret for some races, as studies had shown time and time again. Messy situations with many a mind wipe spell needed, but it provided plenty of information at least, and examples for students who thought themselves better than they were.

She wouldn't respond with anything else on the trip to the nurses office, and afterwards, she'd just sit quietly and watch the interaction between the awakened Lin, and Sen. At least until they were done speaking, at which point she'd consider it her turn to say something. preferably before the whispering one interrupted.

"I would give it more like four to seven minutes. Jasmine and Meadow are top of their class in healing, and a broken leg is among the more plain injuries. Just let them work in peace, which includes that you keep your muzzle shut, Omen. If you disturb their thoughts, things may get ugly for your friend."

Yazma didn't think that it wouldn't be all that bad really, but why take the chance? This creature were unusual, and though these two were the best students they had for this kind of thing, they could still get distracted, and end up mending something together the wrong way. Then they'd have to cut it up again, start over, and so on and so forth. It would just be a mess.

Fortunately, it seemed that Omen took to what were being said, and didn't say a peep. She just went over and began trying to get Shrimp out of his cage. Seeing as the door were locked, it weren't all that easy, but she'd try. Not much else she could do now either.

"Anyway, you seem to be getting healthier, so our magic doesn't interfere with what you are at least. Care to tell me what that cargo you're transporting are though? It sounds important."

=====================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Dji

On 1/3/2019 at 3:46 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"That chimera though... I guess it got lost and somehow ended up in the Everfree Forest. It isn't native to that area; normally it is found in the Flame Geyser Swamps. I've only seen it once and it was content to leave after some convincing. It didn't cause any problems for Ponyville as far as I can remember. And the cockatrice? Its stare can turn ponies into stone; anypony wouldn't want to be petrified though I sometimes wish I could speak to them and maybe teach them to control their abilities if they could."

"I know not if all of them can control their ability, but the one I met claimed to be able to. If the times when he chose to stone others were caused by some shadow in his mind, or a need to show dominance towards others, I know not, but I hope to get through to him eventually, and see if perhaps him and others of his kind, can be convinced to leave ponies be, long as they stay away from their territory too, of course. It's a balancing act that needs all to agree on some ground rules, yet I hold hope that it may happen.

As for the chimera, I hope that it found peace in its homeland once more. Being out of your environment is not an easy thing to adjust to for everyone."

Some beings - like herself - tried having an open mind in a new area like this, but animals were more delicate than that. New areas unlike where they lived tended to cause them to be scared and if they were predators, that could well show in them lashing out at anything they perceived as a threat, or easy prey if they wanted to carve out some new place for themselves while they thought over what to do. At least that had been her experiences, but they were limited mainly to the valley she grew up in. There were no saying if it were the same here.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:27 PM, Dji said:

"Greetings, Lyriel, my name is Twilight Sparkle. I'm the newest Princess to be converted into an Alicorn," Twilight told the mossy pony with a kind smile and a small bow of her head. "This is a large crystal castle that has been grown from the Tree of Harmony itself. That may be why you feel nature within it," she explained further and was content to listen to Fluttershy and Lyriel talk with each other. It brought a smile to her face to know one of her friends had found a kindred spirit. "Something bothers me though. I understand you don't really want to talk about your home, and forgive me, but how did you escape from becoming like your family?"

The princess suddenly starting to speak caught Lyriel by surprise, yet still, she faced the royal pony and gave a bow of the neck.

"Well met, Princess Twilight Sparkle. I know not of this tree you speak of, but anything grown of the ground are blessed by the Earth Mother. Be it a tree, an acorn, or this glittering place, grown from within the soil. I hope that it will hold long, and that those who resides within its walls will have many prosperous and fertile years."

It may sound a little strange, but to Lyriel, wishing for a long, extensive family line were a high praise to give to someone. She knew not if that were welcome among ponies, yet in her village, and among the animals that had once been there, it had been a great kindness to say so. Even more to give an actual, magical blessing, yet she were too drained now to even attempt. Another time perhaps, if the princess would let her do so. She seemed kind and welcoming, so it would hopefully not be an issue.

The princesses curiosity also pushed through as part of her characteristics however, and hit a point that made Lyriel's smile fade away for a moment, as a bad memory passed her mind. It were brief, but the sounds of what she had once seen almost echoed through her head when she thought of it. Hopefully the little while it took for her to gather herself and snap out of it, wouldn't start to make the princess think she had hurt or offended her in any way. It were just memories after all. Painful, dark memories, but still, just part of her mind, connected to a point that the alicorn were curious about. It were not asked with malice after all, that much were certain to the dryad.

"...I wandered out of the town when the first returned, changed by drinking from the sacred water. When I saw how others began to listen to their heretic ramblings, and talked loudly about how this water were our birthright, and kept away from us by the greed of the Earth Mother, I became worried. The others simply cast the few who listened away and thought little more of it, but I didn't think it were over that simple.

I begged my brother to follow me into the wilds, at least for a few days, but he stayed behind. Saying it was nothing, but I could see that he didn't stay for that. His eyes betrayed his thoughts, and I knew that when the offer would again be made, he weren't going to cast it aside again.

Two days were all it took for our people to turn dependent on the water, then starting to forcefully convert or... N-No, please don't ask of me what happened that day. I can't bear to see their faces before me, or what the heretics did. Just know that I escaped their fate because I were a coward, and kept hidden in the forest from both them, and the dragons who were once our friends, but now had to be ready to cut the fallen down. That Nerzhei gave me a chance, is a kindness that I can only hope to one day repay. Among all the other things she have done for me. Such as saving me from the sphinx's grasp, after she revealed herself as my flocks creator, and subsequent cause of our downfall.

I'm sorry, I think I've begun to ramble. Please, if you have other things to ask of me, feel free to do so, but I beg of you: Ask me not for details about what the heretics did. Some wounds may never heal, and poking to them makes nothing better."

==========================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Moonlit

So the princesses had a whole integration plan for sirens going on then? What a strange time it were when that were a thing, but she supposed, ponykind couldn't keep being isolated and afraid of others. The three tribes hadn't been able to, and now, it seemed to be all the higher thinking lifeforms. Dragons, griffons, changelings, you name it. All of them were apparently starting to become part of the scenery in Equestria.

If somepony had told Cherish this back when she were alive, she would never have believed them. Even with the few, vague memories she had from back then, it just didn't seem right. But this weren't her time. This were a new age, with new ideologies and rules. Things would change whatever she liked it or not, and honestly, it were a good thing all in all, right? If sirens and everything could come back into society, then surely ghosts wouldn't be that big of a deal, r-right?

Cherish grumbled over this, as she kept watching Nada and Princess Luna speak. She'd have to keep this in mind if one day she would get her own audience, though right now the focus were on Nada, and she were frankly thrilled to hear that the princesses would work together to try and integrate sirens back into society without having to rely on disguises. it were just what Nada wished for.

============================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Marley looked at the entire show happening with curiosity, thinking that something were about to happen that he had not expected. Perhaps Ruby were going to suddenly reveal herself and wander around Canterlot without her disguise? Could it be that she were trying to cast a strange spell on the eye? Those two were the most prominent ideas in his head, but more were not far away, as a few more plain and mundane ones followed troop, as nothing seemed to happen and the expectations went down.

It seemed that Ruby herself had not been too pleased with how things went, as she eventually broke into some... Colorful language, and put the necklace back on again.

"I take it that things did not go as you expected? Do you feel like sharing what the idea were?"

Regardless of whatever Ruby answered that or not, he would go on to answer the other inquiry shortly thereafter.

"In any case, if we move on to your request... I believe I know where to find something, though it varies what they have in stock. Hunters around ponies are seldom looked upon kindly, yet they have their place for the non-equines who require their protein. This one caters mainly to dragons, but the name... I believe it was Raw Shank? Well, whatever the case, he will be our only option to gain a beast of some potential size in this town. He should be a little further out than the fish market, if he's not out hunting."

Ruby had so far shown herself to not like delays or much nonsense, so as soon as he were done speaking, (unless Ruby had something to share first) Marley went on his way to lead her to the area he spoke of, whilst trying to stick to back alleys and the like. It wouldn't be long before the smell of fish began to hover faintly through the air, and the griffon slowed down to take a deep sniff, at which point he'd let out a pleased sigh.

"Oh, how I've missed the smell of Star Trout. Nothing quite like it."

It would just be a short stop, but he bit notice in it regardless, as someplace to halt on their way back. These fish were an acquired taste, but for those who could handle the acidic, peppery taste, it were quite the treat.

============================================================================================================

@Dji

The sphinx saw not her eyes, but simply wandered forth, through the halls in the large temple.

"If you're saying that, then you're seeing a sliver of my humiliation. Bound by spells and forced to wander around like a pet, guided by invisible string.if you see no armaments there, you have also found the point where they were about to force the first of my necklaces upon me, to make me accustomed to carrying the Element of Hatred. Vile little rock that is."

He stopped up abruptly and bashed his paw into the wall, causing a series of clicks to be heard from within it, before something collapsed, and a singular arrow slid out of a barely visible opening in the wall, and fell weakly to the floor. Simplistic little traps like this would not keep him away.

=============================================================================================================

@Dji

"Changelings adapt. it is our most prominent skill. You found yourself in a situation that required it, and you blended in as needed. You would have made for a good scout with your instincts set so early on."

Most scouts required some time to really settle in, stay with their form and learn to get into things. Sure, they were adaptable and most of this were instinctual, so that even the less bright of the drones could follow, but there were still some degree of refinery needed. Aurora having been able to keep up the act from that early of an age, with no teacher though, showed a stronger, almost natural talent to simply blend in with your surroundings, even if it wouldn't have been perfect all the time. This sort of trait tended to make for the best scouts and spies, since they caught the least suspicion and could map out an area well in advance of a hive ambush. A very useful brick in the foundation of a functioning hive.

"Regarding your town, there is a point where the effort required to get to victims aren't worth the hassle. From the sound of it, a hive would need to be near mindlessness of starvation to press an attack on your town, and by then it would be a simple matter to fight off, as they wouldn't be focused on infiltration anymore.

It can work defensively too. My old hive used to be in a large, unwelcome desert, and migrated around it as needed to keep one step ahead of those who may wish to retaliate against us. This new desert does not cover an area even close to that, but it does have a degree of comfort I suppose. Never been one for lush forests or jungles either, even if the prey would be more abundant."

Onache had to get used to some things now though, such as her hive no longer needing to be culled, fighting tooth and hoof to scour up some food for her hive to feast on, or being forced to migrate. It would be a tense period, but she would adapt to the role, as she always had, and as Aurora proved, even a tremendous shift in your life could turn out okay. The drone seemed happy enough at least, even if she acted skittishly at times now. Being in a foreign hive with all that entailed were likely the reason for that though, at least from what had shown itself so far.

===================================================================================

@PickFairy

"We all have to start somewhere, Butterscotch. Nopony who does well tends to just open a shop out of nowhere. It requires time, effort, and honing your skills, but when you finally make it one day- Heh. Trust me, when you open the doors to your own place for the first time, and ponies who have heard of or already tasted your goods comes in, hungry for more, it will be worth all the sweat, tears, and hard work. You just got to hang in there.

That being said, learn from my mistake: Get a savings account, and put in whatever you can afford there whenever all your bills and stuff are paid. Having the bits ready for a space and some interior will be a god send when you know you're ready, rather than having to wait several years after that to have everything set up. I lost out on a prime position in Canterlot because I weren't ready, but I got lucky with Ponyville. They like some regular, solid flavors, and this town attracts beings from all over the place, who's happy to see something familiar to them on the shelves. It's been good, but I look forward to when I can move to Canterlot. Such a bigger market, and being closer to my mate too... Aaah, the dream."

Pop got a distant look in her eyes, and a pleasant smile as she thought of her big, goofy lover. He had said he'd come around to visit one of these days, and she were really looking forward to seeing him again, and really make a day out of it.

The mare let out a giggle and refocused herself on Butterscotch again, after her little stroll down memory lane.

"Sorry, a good memory there of- Well, it's not important.

Getting back on track for a moment, I really think that you have the potential to be somepony that'll be known throughout Equestria one day, Butterscotch. Your use of Equestrian ingredients are on point, and I'm sure that with a bit of refinement and training, you'll perfect something extraordinary. There is a lot to be said about sticking with local ingredients and perfecting them, rather than working on a plethora of things.

Do you mind me asking though, are you looking to go to a town with your shop when it is, or perhaps settle it in near where your mom works? An inclusive inn sounds absolutely lovely, and travelers needs their treats too. It's risky, but where there's a will there's a way. And well, you sounded like you liked the inn, even if it sparked more of a wanderlust than a want to eventually take it over."

======================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

If Emerald had a face, she would be using it to scowl at Sapphire for that response to the Warlock situation. It was just a small fluttering in a chest that had never reacted much to anypony, nothing more. Besides, it could be the influence of the body she had at the time, or... No, just... No. They had more important things to think of now, and she bet that Sapphire was just trying to rile her up. Elder sisters sometimes.

"Fine, let's rob your husband. And keep an eye out for a new vessel for me while we're there. This state is impractical. No dogs though. You know what I feel about those."

A dog had once dragged the enfeebled Emerald along on the street for a solid five minutes. The owner claimed it were just a big puppy that wanted to play, but Emerald's reaction had more been one of fear. Then anger. Then blind hatred that lead to a failed attempt at... Never mind. Fact were that she hated dogs, and would sooner hide in a lamp like a genie than to occupy one. She'd prefer no animals at all, but beggars couldn't be choosers.

===================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"To be fair here, I kept alluding to you folks needing sleep for a long time before you started to listen in. Sorta figured I had to hammer it through a few times, but alright, alright, I get it girlie. I yapped about this too much, time to get on with things."

Chow coughed once, then looked over towards Misty with a grin on his muzzle.

"As a finisher though, I'm hoping you're right lil' miss, cause somepony's sounding like they need to sleep off a big ol' cranky mood."

He gave her a wink, and Astral a small eye roll, trying to emphasize that this were a joke, and that they didn't need to have their knickers in a twist over all of this. Though really, he were just trying to see if he could get out of an awkward situation, that had gotten worse by the snippy remarks from Astral. To be fair here though, she did sound like she could use a lot of sleep right about now. Some ponies tended to get awfully cranky when they didn't get their sleep.

A flute going off in the distance distracted him, and he turned to hear the faint sound of the train moving along on the tracks. Sure had been lucky hitting this place around the time the train did these days, huh?

"Here's our knight in rusty metal. Once it get here, just pop on, and find a comfy seat. I'll square it with the conductor, considering I'm pretty sure that with all the action, none of us had the thought about bringing the bit pouch along. Don't sweat it though, I'll handle it."

=================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 1/4/2019 at 1:47 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"Somepony actually broken this spell.  Like when you break a piece of metal and it becomes jagged.  It wasn't meant to explode hearts."

"I just figured they lost the rest of it."

So now something had meddled with this spell beforehoof, and had apparently twisted it into the heart explosion? Great. How badly could one mess up things to making things start exploding hearts? And more to the point, what the hay had it done before this that required it to even be tinkered with in the first place? Melted ponies?

They'd probably never know since the rest of it were missing, and much as she'd like to drop some info on this, Null had no idea where the rest of it were, if there even were anything left anywhere. The cultist that used this had just been happy using it as it were, and never spoke of other parts beyond some metaphysical *one of us* sort of gibberish, but that were a load if she ever heard one. The lot likely stole this part, then whoever found the original got themselves killed and they lost idea of how to get the rest of it. Or they stole it from whoever messed up the magic in the first place. Or something third entirely, she didn't know, and frankly, she didn't give a hoot. The thing was clean now, that was the only part that mattered.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:47 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"You could probably melt that down for a good number of bits."

"Tried that before, and it didn't work. Sixth time's the charm."

While Null kept focus on the item, and put it back in her bag, Void's attention were on what it had been before, and several other times: The well-being of the officer. He seemed fine - thank the ancients for that - but the show before had been different, with the black wisps seemingly having to try and snap at runaway magic, and he seemed a little worn down now. Thankfully this had been the last item they had with them, so he wouldn't have to be broken down further, but it did give her some idea of how long this may take. With the amount of items they had, him being able to take three-four things every second day, with more time between if he got other things to work on than what they brought... This were going to take quite a while. She'd have to cover this with Null eventually soon too, if her sister had not already thought over this yet, but let that be what it were for now.

"The w-wisps seemed to act weird before. Chasing a-around, snipping e-everywhere. Was it a d-difficult one? You look a little t-tired at least. Not like last t-time, but that was a t-tough bunch we brought in there.

It's still v-very impressive though, o-obviously. All of t-these items did t-terrible things, and having l-less of them around is only g-good. It's just... I-I'm afraid it might g-get too much for you, o-officer. Everything can't have a-always worked out p-perfectly, right?"

@Blitz Boom

"I think that one floods your author's toilet. The cake button is the one next to it."

"Don't forget the black licorice button!"

"Yeah, that's one of the best buttons we have."

Lucid reached into a portal and pulled out some pink fuzzy dice that he would hang on the front mirror thing.

"For some weird reason, this reminds me of this one time that my friend Somnus tried to tell me I should be responsible with my abilities. Crazy right? Being responsible is boring."

@Moonlit @Blitz Boom

Nada looked thoughtful for a second "I'm more than willing to work with Serenade, and though I am yet to meet princess Twilight, based on what I have been told, I'm willing to work with her too, but...." she looked bit awkward, "....I need you to promise that I won't be...punished, for what my kind did so long ago." she felt...wrong, for demanding something from a princess, but this was something that was very important for her, because even if it didn't take away her feeling towards ponies, it would give the little assurance she needed to not just give up, especially considering that the bearded unicorn and his crew was still alive. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom

"I wanted to see if I can get the necklace off my neck by placing it against myself through the box due it being detriment for me staying hidden, because anyone who can tell it to be real have a chance to realize everything is not like it should." Ruby said before closing the box and again saying something in the different language. To her usual manner, she listened Marley's talk while strapping the box back on, and she didn't have anything to say, other than one comment "So local dragons do eat meat? I'm positively surprised".

Ruby let out unimpressed grunt at Marley's comment on the scent "I prefer blood and fear." she stated coldly, but it was clear that saying it out loud had made her mouth water. 

@Blitz Boom

Yazma's answer didn't really ease a lot of Sen's worries, but it calm him down. He was just about ready to go into a confrontational stance but it wouldn't do him any good where he is outnumbered. He took it for what it is and trusted Yazma. Maybe it was just him getting worked up over nothing. 

"It's a statue depicting three sirens. The Three Sisters' Symphony. I don't have other information on it but we are to bring it to an influential pony in Canterlot in exchange for a favor." 

Lin examined her previously broken leg and as much as she wanted to get moving, there was still the matter of Rosa and his injuries. That and being well-rested enough to move about and meet with Scarcity, maybe even explaining a possible delay. That last part may be unlikely but it is better to be prepared should that ever come up. These kitsune have some potent healing abilities to them, and the longma was relieved to know she could work on her task sooner than expected. 

But on Sen's mind, Rosa fared worse than Lin and while he is certain they could finish their delivery, their offer wouldn't really do much good if the recipient wasn't around to benefit from it. And indeed, Rosa was unconscious and severely injured last they met. The elfroot salves could only do so much before the kitsune took over. Even with their healing abilities, it would take some time.

"Yazma, just how bad were Rosa's injuries? What happened?"

"A fist came through the gate I opened out of the temple," Lin calmly added, though her looks suggested a hint of worry. "It hit him pretty hard but I couldn't tell what kinds of injuries he sustained. Might your healers know?"

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

There may be some hope yet to be able to reach out to the mythical creatures of the Everfree Forest. Though Fluttershy has already made progress on several fronts, it is uplifting to know it can be taken a step further. Cerberus and Orthros have already proven to be very sweet once they calm down, much like the one-headed counterparts ponies have already befriended. Perhaps now a cockatrice or maybe even a chimera could hide a more soothing personality underneath. That was certainly true with the manticore Fluttershy met during her first adventure in the forest. 

But that relief on Lyriel's voice came right back to a more disturbed and difficult, rather heavy tone. With bad memories like this, it was a delicate balancing act. One one hoof, it might do some good to talk about it and let out some emotions as a way to cope. On the other, this one was already proving itself to be too painful a memory to talk about, possibly doing more harm than good. 

"Twilight, maybe we should hold off on asking about Lyriel's past. And Lyriel? Is there anything you want to do? Maybe have a look around Ponyville? I'd be willing to accompany you."

Deep down, there was something that piqued her curiosity. Lyriel mentioned she and Nerzhei had some history but to say her flock's rise and downfall was her doing... that one seemed more than just something to casually mention and forget. If there was time, the pegasus will ask about it, preferably to Nerzhei. The dryad would need something to get her mind off the terrible memories of her past. Some animal therapy might be in order. 

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Alright, alright, I'll back off," Twilight said in a disappointed tone. She knew that she was crossing a line when she had asked but she didn't expect both Lyriel and Fluttershy to call her out on it. She couldn't help herself! She was curious about learning and learning about everything! At the very least there weren't any fights over it. "I think Fluttershy is right. It would probably be best if you and her walk around the town. At least before I ask something else that's possibly harmful for you to think about, Lyriel."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"You know, that would be harmful to a normal pony," Karmic said flatly, looking down at the arrow from her perch on his back. She faced forward once more and wasn't sure if she should be glad at seeing the past or worried. She knew that things could be learned from the past but she didn't really think anything could be learned if she saw visions of Enzo being tortured with the way he described it.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"It's only us three here. How can this be considered a hive?" Aurora spoke finally. She had wandered around the big main room, inspecting the walls, columns, and floor while she listened to Onache. However now, she made her way back and sat just in front of the throne. "I know I'm out on a lot of changeling ways, but shouldn't there be more than you, me, and Happy?"

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

"You definitely called it. I'm going to see if I can spot him from above," Watts grinned, pointing to the sky with her hoof before flapping her wings. "It'll give me a chance to see my balancer in flight," she added with a laugh and flew up to the roof of the building. While she didn't particularly need the balancer hooked around her middle, it would help field test how it worked. Theoretically, the balancer was meant to autocorrect a Pegasus' balance when in flight if they were too shaky or had poor wing lift. Watts was perfectly fine with her balance, but this changeling may get some use out of it and give her some data. "Found you!" she called triumphantly so Zealous could hear, spotting the changeling on the roof.

@Blitz Boom

Understandable that the sisters would have at least attempted to turn the the large chunk of gold into spendable bits.  With it dispelled, it shouldn't be all that big of an issue anymore for them to try again.  Contrary to popular belief, trying to just destroy an enchanted artifact usually doesn't end well.  Most the time the magic enchanting them either makes it difficult or impossible to do so, or the annoying backlash of a spell latching onto another object instead, or worse a pony.  "With it dispelled now, you shouldn't have any further trouble in that regard," he explained while the heavy gold puzzle piece was put back away into the saddle back.

Now with the concerns of Void who appeared to be very observant in noticing that the black wisps weren't behaving like they had before.  Not that he considered it all that big of a problem, it was still best to explain that it was nothing for her to worry about.  "No need to be concerned.  The spell was such a mangled mess I had to be a little rough with unraveling it.  I had to clip a few strands that caused a runaway of magic I needed to catch.  Those were the wisps you saw stray from the mass."  Hopefully that would ease her worry a little bit, but he wasn't all that sure it would.  If this was going to be the pace he had to maintain, it was going to be quite rough on the unicorn.  Rising Dusk was tired, which was noticeable of course with the slight slump in his shoulders and heavier eyes.  He knew there were more, even more than what they brought with them to Manehatten.  Having other duties he needed to attend to both here in the city and Equestria aboard, he couldn't devote himself full time to them.  Luckily with his promotion, his movements outside the city were much easier.  He could make house calls.  "This is true.  I won't be able to do this on a daily basis.  Both from my other duties and the increase of fatigue will likely cause slip ups in the future," he concluded.  While he had gotten better over the years of experience, he was far from perfect.  New spells were created every day and he'd hardly scratched the surface of what was already out there.  It was an ever evolving job, and not just in terms of magic, but crime in general.

Getting up from his stool wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday, but he was slow to make sure his legs were ready to support him.  Pushing his stool in it was about time for the wizards using the basement before to return.  "I do not wish to keep you from your new home in Equestria.  If it would be easier, I can come to you instead.  Say, once a month for a few days?  It would give me the necessary time for recovery and my other duties.  It will just be a longer term case," he suggested.  It wasn't fair to keep them here in the city after they were just getting settled in Equestria at their new home.  Plus it would open up to Null the possibly taking the help from Molotov in regaining her flight without having to be here hoofing out cursed artifacts to the detective everyday.

Rising Dusk invited the sister to accompany him back up stairs so that he could see them off.  Glad that the last item didn't take everything out of him as he had a scry spell that needed dealing with.

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight

Being told what the green button did, Anomaly got a devious look on her face, and quickly pushed it three more times. Somewhere, through the fourth wall, a lot of cursing would mix together with the sound of something akin to a water fountain or exploding toilet.

"Hah! That should keep that boring thing occupied."

As a reward, she pressed the black button a few times, to get her face filled with delicious, sweet licorice. Sorta akin to a lab rat, just the sort who were also able to eat the cage it was locked in, if need be.

"So let's uhm... Okay, I'm bored. Let's really get the show on the road, and show your friend what sort of responsibility a draconequus actually have. The responsibility to liven this party up!"

With that, she'd bash her head into the control panel, and push every single button there at once. Some levers and such weren't turned, but if it were a button, it was going down. This should prove to do something special, but they'd see if it'd be the good or bad way. No matter which one, it was sure to be a spot of absolute chaos! Maybe.

=====================================================================================

"You can't be kept responsible for what they did, Nada. They made their choice."

She weren't aiming to interrupt, but Nada was a nice being, who shouldn't think that she were saddled with the responsibility of other beings, just from being of the same race. By the same logic, wouldn't all crystal ponies be responsible for Sombra? Every centaur for the actions of Tirek? Or pony-kind in general, for the several stories she had read of evil equines doing horrible things in the remaining library in the castle of two sisters? No race were perfect. They all had their dark sides, with individuals doing horrible things for their own gain, but that couldn't be the responsibility of the rest of them.

What the sisters had done back in the day, Cherish didn't know for sure, but even if they had taken over the kingdom like Discord once had, that was their own decision, and they had likely been punished for that. The princesses that Cherish had seen and read about weren't the kind to then carry an ancient grudge that hit every single individual of that race then. Dragons were around Ponyville from what she had seen, and their history were not exactly one of peace and joy, from what little she could recall on the spot.

=====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Not all of them mind you, but yes, there are some who does enjoy a less crystal-heavy diet. if they are more to tasting the fear in their prey however, I could not say for certain, though personally I find it a less than appetizing idea. Stress like that sounds like it would meddle with the tenderness. But what do I know on this subject? I mainly eat fish and rabbits, struck down by quick attacks. It may well be different for those with a more... Shall we say *predatory inclined mind*?"

Marley chuckled, though scratched his chin for a little in silence, before looking towards Ruby once more, thinking that perhaps he might have an idea for her situation with the necklace, which of course sounded like a troubling mess for someone who wished to remain unknown as a dragon.

"In regards to your necklace, have you considered having it enchanted perhaps? There are several spells and wards specifically meant to keep objects or beings from being traceable. Perhaps one of those may prove useful in hiding the true nature of this for others who would know of it's authenticity?"

@EQ_Theta

On 1/8/2019 at 1:15 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"It's a statue depicting three sirens. The Three Sisters' Symphony. I don't have other information on it but we are to bring it to an influential pony in Canterlot in exchange for a favor." 

"Interesting company you keep that exchanges favors for statues."

Yazma knew well of the three siren sisters, even if they lived a good deal of way from Equestria. Their kind were nuisances as far back as the records for both the kitsune and the Neighpon ponies went, and if it wasn't because it might reveal too much about her own opinion on this whole thing - something she wanted to keep vague, in case she learned more of this *influential pony* they were getting the statue for that might prove important - she would have chuckled at the thought of those three big ones having their depictions stolen. Served them right.

"Yazma, just how bad were Rosa's injuries? What happened?"

"A fist came through the gate I opened out of the temple," Lin calmly added, though her looks suggested a hint of worry. "It hit him pretty hard but I couldn't tell what kinds of injuries he sustained. Might your healers know?"

Ah, and here came the question on everyone's mind apparently: How fared the thestral? A good question, though she weren't sure if they were going to like the answer. Surely they were aware that he'd be interrogated one way or another, but the state of him and his treatment, had an answer that were seldom well received.

"I don't know."

Yazma calmly wandered over to the side, when she noticed that one of the student healers needed to have a little space to do her next move. A jumping strike with her tail, which might sting a little in Lin's leg, but it were going to be efficient in the healing process. Besides, it were just the magic that were going to be an issue. The tail itself were about as soft as could be, and hit like a brush gently tapping her.

"I know what happened here, because my own students took Lin away, and reported back to me what happened with you, but the thestral is in the care of our full time healers. Nothing escapes their station unless they want it to. At best, I can lead you to where the room is supposed to be, and you can wait there to hear more.

From what I heard though, this Rosa were quite bloodied, and if you say a large fist impacted him, I can imagine quite a lot of things were wrong. Nasty business you all wandered into it seems.

In any case, it will take time, but he should survive your ordeal. Of course, if he makes it in time is another question entirely. When were your deadline again?"

@EQ_Theta @Dji

"Twilight, maybe we should hold off on asking about Lyriel's past. And Lyriel? Is there anything you want to do? Maybe have a look around Ponyville? I'd be willing to accompany you."

On 1/8/2019 at 5:12 AM, Dji said:

"I think Fluttershy is right. It would probably be best if you and her walk around the town. At least before I ask something else that's possibly harmful for you to think about, Lyriel."

Lyriel gave a tired smile towards the princess. Such a curious mind this pony had, and one that she doubted had any sort of malice behind the questions it sought answers to.

"I know your heart is in the right place, but some wounds are difficult to dig into. If the day comes when I can speak of it, I give you my word that I will come and answer your questions. Though perhaps there is s-"

"I'll deal with her."

Lyriel paused, and looked curiously at the dragon.

"You heard Fluttershy. She offered to take you on a trip around town, which is something you've been asking me about wanting to see for two weeks now. Take her up on her offer, and get to know the place some more, while I talk with the princess.

And Fluttershy? Don't think I've forgotten our arrangement. We will pick that up when everything's settled down, or the sun rises next. Whichever comes first. If it's the latter, I will track you down."

The last part sounded almost like a threat with the tone Nerzhei used, but it wasn't meant like that. She were just run down and not exactly in the highest spirit she had been in recently, which made her seem more cranky than she actually were. She just meant that she would show up at the pony's home in the morning if it came to that. Tracking a pony weren't all that hard, especially not when she could just ask what way to go, or follow the trail of animals.

As for Lyriel, she looked conflicted about this for a moment, but it made a good deal of sense really. She wished to see the town, and if possible, to help Fluttershy with her sanctuary, or meet some more of the pony's animal companions. Also, she knew that Nerzhei likely wished to discuss something with the princess. Perhaps that book of hers? The princess seemed like a being wise beyond her years, who thirsted for knowledge. It may be something that the dragon thought were just what she were looking for.

"If it is okay with the princess, I would be honored to be lead around by you, Fluttershy."

She got on her hooves, waiting to see what the verdict would be. Hopefully nothing conflicting.

========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

13 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"No need to be concerned.  The spell was such a mangled mess I had to be a little rough with unraveling it.  I had to clip a few strands that caused a runaway of magic I needed to catch.  Those were the wisps you saw stray from the mass."

It helped some hearing this, but Void were still worried that the officer just spread himself thin, and were too proud or stubborn to admit it. Perhaps being around Null for too long colored her opinion on how stubborn ponies could be and she were just overreacting, but it didn't help that he also looked worn down. Not as bad as yesterday, though that was a low bar to set honestly.

"This is true.  I won't be able to do this on a daily basis.  Both from my other duties and the increase of fatigue will likely cause slip ups in the future,"

It was strangely a bigger relief to hear Rising admit that he had his limits than it were to hear his reassurances from before. That he knew that he had limits, and had to concede that he couldn't do this every single day, were soothing in a way, though with that, also came guilt for Void. She knew that they were pretty selfish already, to push this pony alone with these horrible items, but keeping him away from other important work and wearing him down time after time wasn't kind either. Just think of how many others might need his help? The two of them could at least keep their own things protected and inactive, while others might find their lives in ruin with every passing second they had to live under some curse, or monstrous item.

"I do not wish to keep you from your new home in Equestria.  If it would be easier, I can come to you instead.  Say, once a month for a few days?  It would give me the necessary time for recovery and my other duties.  It will just be a longer term case,"

At this point, Void were squirming a little from her thoughts, so she didn't manage to intercept things before Null began responding to the part she cared for. Sure, she wanted this officer to be fine and whatever, but Void were more the caring type, whilst Null were harder to get close to, and she mostly looked on what Rising saw with a mixture of resignation over her knowing that they weren't gonna be getting this done sooner, and annoyance that others would be taken over them, considering they had orders from the princess. Weren't there somepony else to deal with the small fry?

"Urgh, fine. We're in Ponyville, come around whenever."

"N-No!"

The sudden outburst from Void made Null's eyes go wide and turn to give her sister a confused look, whilst the large earth pony put a hoof in front of her muzzle. The blush spreading on her face told tales of how embarrassed she were, though that weren't something that Null were focusing on, as much as what she just heard. Did Void actually say that they shouldn't leave this place?

"I uhm.. I m-mean, there's something we n-need to do b-before we go home."

Null looked between Rising and Void, with her eyes narrowing further and further every time they landed on the officer.

"What's going on here? Did you set her up to something behind my back? I swear, if this is some sort of trap-"

"Null, s-stop it. He's not... T-This isn't about him. Please let's j-just go, okay? We'll talk out t-there."

"Fine, but there better be a good explanation for this, or I'm going to have some choice words for you, officer."

The small pegasus growled slightly and wandered past the both of them to get towards the exit.

"I swear she m-means well. We should uhm... Y-Yes."

Void followed the officer, and then took off with Null as she got up there. She gave a small farewell, but it were clear that her mind were elsewhere. More specifically, on the talk she were going to need to have with Null. A difficult situation for sure...

Long away though, somepony else had some different ideas as the two sisters got into the streets and began wandering away. The crone had not expected to get a visual on those two as much as just whoever were helping them, but now she had them. Proof that they were there, and where they went to deal with their artifacts. This should please her master greatly.

The image of the two of them wandering out were frozen and sent to another nearby orb, before she returned to the scrying spell and began the tedious work of zooming further in on the building. She were going to find out who everypony that worked there were, and not only satisfy what her master asked of her, but exceeding it. Surely then he would return to her what he had taken some years ago, and return her to his grace. Perhaps not the kindest place to be still, yet as were evident from her current situation, serving were preferable to being on his bad side.

It was a shame she couldn't see through the walls of this building really. That should have provided her with many, interesting faces in quick succession. But it should be fine. They couldn't stay in there forever.

===============================================================================

@Dji

"This temple were build to house the Element of Hatred, and keep it safe from outsiders paws. Traps are abundant."

Enzo threw a loose rock somewhere in front of them, and a snapping sound, like a bear trap had sprung, echoed through the empty halls.

"I were meant as the final obstacle. Tasked against my will to test the meddle of intruders, until one would prove worthy, and lift the burden from my being."

There were never any torture that happened to him here per se.  He was kept healthy, made to walk around and train to ensure a proper physique and some degree of magical skill, and were never intentionally hit.

Yet to him, being kidnapped, bound by powerful spells, and treated at best as a mixture between an object and a pet, wasn't much different. Neither were it when they all suddenly left a hundred years past, never to return again. What happened he hadn't a clue about. All he knew were that a bunch had scurried out with a lot of the tools and objects they had here, and made some vague comments about having to hurry, and that they would send someone out to deal with Enzo.

In whatever way that were meant he didn't know, but as the mature sphinx had been confined to his room, he had seen the passing sun tell him of the days that went by, as his mind grew weary, and his stomach grumbled.

He hunted for something to eat the best he could, and the watering system still worked, so at least there were always plenty of rainwater to drink, but the loneliness still gnawed at his bones.

It was about two months after that he finally realized that no one was coming for him. Whatever had gone on, he were left behind in the passing, and since several centuries had already passed without help arriving while the dragons were still here, he knew that there wouldn't be anyone out to look for him from home either. He were just... Forgotten by everyone.

A few had come throughout the years to plunder the place, yet none of them passed the trials to prove that they might be worthy to carry the element. Enzo often wished that he could just throw it after anyone, and he had tries that with the first who entered, but it didn't work. Without passing the trials or answering the riddles, the spells wouldn't let him leave, and the thief ran before the angry sphinx could lash out at him. He didn't get far before a trap sprung.

So Enzo waited. Alone, mostly famished, and getting more and more angry, until eventually  the anger broke way for the depression that tended to haunt him now.

At least sixty years had passed since then, with him thinking that this were going to be it until he either died if old age, or he'd be unable to get prey for an extended period of time. 

And then, Warlock had entered the temple.

His power radiated through the halls, and his meddle were soon tested - as could be seen in the scorched walls here and there - but nothing affectes him. He rushed through everything and as he gad reached the sphinx, Enzo felt a spark of hope that he had thought died a long time ago. If livened him up, and he stood tall to test the pony and his body-snatching companion.

Then finally, after three hundred years, someone defeated the tests, and wore the element as if it were nothing. An object that could consume the weak, wielded as nothing but a stone of power.  It had been fascinating, yet Enzo didn't know what to do with himself then, as this were all he really knew.

He had followed the two ponies on their attack on Canterlot because it were sold to him as a sensible action, and folded instantly when he had seen that they too had just left him behind, after using him for their own gains. And then the generals had offered him someplace where he could be welcome, yet made him wait for hours on end, with no indication that they would come anytime soon. It had honestly hurt him, though his pride stopped him from admitting that to anyone for now.

Strange how things had almost gone full circle since then, what with Enzo now finding himself back in the place he most wanted to escape from, but hopefully it wouldn't be long. This place made his fur crawl.

============================================================================

@Dji

Onache narrowed her eyes at Aurora, as the drone questioned whatever this would even be considered a hive, since there were only three of them. Two of whom were actually part of this hive, and not a tourist, more or less.

"As long as there is a queen, there is a hive."

The queen's voice were carrying a somewhat annoyed tone, and her colorful eyes seemed to darken ever ao slightly, as her gaze remained on Aurora.

Did this nymph not have any idea how their world worked at all? Not being in a hive were one thing, but not knowing of a queens role and importance? They weren't just rulers like the princesses were. They were the literal creators of life among their kind, and without them, there wouldn't be anything but a muddled flock who would slowly wither away into nothingness.

"Happy, explain things for her."

The changeling-human hybrid nodded as his order were given, and sat down to be a little more eye to eye with Aurora. Not too many listened in to larger creatures unless they were afraid of them, and considering his current look, he likely wouldn't scare a newborn.

"Yes my queen. You see Aurora -"

Happy leaned back and stretched his back before going on. The sound of joints cracking under his exoskeleton were noticeable, though considering the sigh of relief that came from him too, it were pretty much just what he needed.

" - Changelings come in several varieties. Soldiers, drones, caretakers, that sort of thing. But there's a reason why the queens are so important: They're the only ones who can lay eggs. Without 'em, a hive can't be sustained, or even go on.

Long as Queen Onache is around, she can remake a hive wherever she thinks it's feasible,  so yeah, it really does cover the criteria for this place to count as a hive.

Don't ask me how it's running with Thorax though. He can't lag eggs, so not sure how that's gonna turn out, unless being this stage changes the whole dynamic, or he merges with another hive. Pretty new grounds we're threading on here Aurora. Plenty that needs to be run more or less by guesswork for now."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"It had to be done. If I didn't flood that toilet, how would I be able to inconvenience the author?"

For the record, I have no control over him, don't blame me.

"Isn't being a reality warper great?"

Novia watched as Anomaly pressed the buttons.

"Green... red... blue... yellow... green... how convenient! That's the code 'go to the insane asylum and crash through the wall' code!"

You have a code for that?

"Yeah stupid-head, what kind of tank doesn't have that?"

Hey, I'm your author.

"You're technically a narrator, you don't even control over me."

"Yeah! Narrator!"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom 

"I wish it were different but there wasn't any another option. Canterlot is where the most influential ponies reside and you either need coin or status to get anyone's attention. Where we're from, we don't have either. Probably saw us as backwater savages who knew a thing or two about being civilized; we were lucky anyone was willing to listen let alone glance our way."

Sen wanted to add more to this but looked towards Lin who was subtly gesturing him to let her do the talking. Though Sen may be a little too trusting with information, she wasn't going to give away more unless it was alright to spill. Right now, she wasn't sure what to make of the kitsune, what with their mind reading and illusory abilities giving her suspicion and pause. There was already enough experience to know not to be too open. And she was a little rushed by wanting to get back in the swing of things, at least before her deadline is up.

It was a relief to know Rosa is going to make it, but it was just as discomforting to not know anything about what kinds of injuries he got. For all they knew about how to quickly act and administer first aid, being left in the dark without any information to go with isn't lifting their spirits. The siblings knew they still have their obligations to finish the task but now, they would want to do this as best they can to provide the thestral with some relief when he awakens. Filigree has already done enough harm direct or otherwise. They were as much her victims as the miners, their families, and her associates. 

"If it's alright with Jasmine and Meadow here for me to start moving about and getting my strength back to my foreleg, I'd like to go and see Rosa. Today is the deadline of the delivery and I can get the job done fast."

"Bring Omen with you, sister. You'll probably run out of energy before you can make a round trip."

Lin nodded and looked to Omen and, by extension, to Shrimp. "Want to come along? I could show you to the drop-off point. That will make the return trips there faster. And Yazma, could you let Shrimp out of the cage? I don't think he likes being confined."

=====================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

Something about Nerzhei's response to Lyriel, and talking about their agreement to boost her confidence, just rubbed the pegasus the wrong way. Although she may give it a pass because a lot of dragons she's met or come into contact with have some abrasiveness to their personality and way of speaking, this one didn't sit right with the pegasus. She's seen just what Nerzhei is like and to suddenly pull a different, somewhat more forceful tone... it wasn't right. 

"Nerzhei, I don't know what went on between you two before we met but that wasn't a nice way to talk to Lyriel." The pegasus spoke up, surprisingly with an air of authority in her voice. She walked up to the dragon, eyeing her confidently, in an attempt to convey how she wasn't comfortable with how the dragon was speaking. It wasn't even about their arrangements about future talks or how Nerzhei may waltz up her front door one day with the possibility of scaring away the animals living with her. Just this one moment, she wouldn't stand for the way she cut off the dryad. 

"You have your worries, and that headache, but that doesn't make it okay to interrupt her like that. I'm asking you to be mindful of how you speak. It might rub off the wrong way to some, or your tone can be misunderstood."

@Moonlit @Blitz Boom 

Nada seemed like she wasn't sure if she fully believed what she had promised, sure she trusted princess's word, but she didn't trust the common pony, and there was no reason to believe that common unicorn couldn't do something bad. "I take your word for it thy majesty, but what about the fear of mind-control?" "We are known for our magical songs, so would there be a way to prove my incapability to use mind-control magic." she didn't really know there to be any way to do that, but she knew that like everything else, magic changes with time, so it was possible there was spell or something for that now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom

Ruby gave a quick grin at Marley's choice of words to describe her, she didn't have any specific reason for it, she just happened to like the choice.

"I'm not that familiar with enchantments, so no, I haven't thought about that." She admitted "I was thinking of finding a way to remove the magic that causes the connection, but that would require one to know the exact type of magic it is." "So your suggestion is something to ponder, but there's one question I would ask, how well does magic detecting detect enchantments like that, since as you probably can understand, that could cause problems of its own."

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

"-And that's the last of you."

The skull around Sorrow's neck flashed up in a pale light briefly, as the final spirit returned to Legion's embrace. Well, almost all of them.

During their hunt for these spirits - as well as the elusive parts of Widdershins - the one who had instigated the *riot* so to speak, had managed to let go of his grudges, in a moment of lucidity, and had moved on. A for Sorrow beautiful sight, as a gate to the next would would open up in the sky as he floated through it, tears in his eyes, though for the others would just look like a fading light going up and vanishing. It was never as impressive if you couldn't see the spirit world really.

"I was starting to think this would never end."

Smokey stumbled back and sat down on one of the luxurious couches that were here and there in the halls. As they had retrieved the last spirit from the light fixture, this had been the nearest seating left in the mansion, and luckily also one who hadn't gotten turned around.

Be it from the spirits, Widdershins parts, or that other draconequus that had run out a window some time ago, the mansion was a mess. Barely anything was destroyed by some kind of miracle, but the cleaning job were going to be a nightmare. He'd have to call in the cleaning crew as soon as he could and make sure that they got a sizable bonus for straightening this out.

As for Widdershins, he hadn't a clue what happened there. Rose had gathered the parts up and when the last were added, he just seemed to melt together and vanish. Smokey were not much for admitting it, but he frankly liked that this were the case, as there had been enough chaos for the time being for him, and seeing how Rose had stormed off to her room, it likely had been plenty for her too.

"So with this sorted, we just need this place to look decent again. I'll get hold of Sparkly and Powder. Tell them to gather their team for a special case. You kids try to get some rest, and be out of here in around... Fifteen minutes or so. It might take a while."

Grim gave a tired smile towards the others, and a hug to Sorrow, before getting on his way again. He had a lot of work ahead of him, and then he were going home to take a long nap. This had been a testing day, what with the spirits, draconequui, and doors smashed in his face.

This left Phoenix, Sorrow, and Smokey left, with the first of those having wandered a little away from them and were whispering to her necklace, seemingly trying to make sure they were calmed down. Smokey in the meantime, were sitting down, and scooting over in case Phoenix wished to have a seat too after the last two hours of work they had gone through.

"It's good to finally have that over with. Quite the experience to say the least, huh?"

@Blitz Boom

Even though he couldn't say Null looked the most pleased with his request to extend the case and make it long term, her quick resignation was surprising to say the least.  Ponyville huh?  Home of Princess Twilight and the other bearers of Harmony.  Not a place he's gotten to visit yet.  It makes sense though that the troubled sisters of Troy would find a home there.  Yes this task would take longer, but it would be the safest and most efficient way to remove their burden.  With the letter from Princess Celestia, it wouldn't be very hard to schedule monthly departures to Ponyville from the Captain.

Rising Dusk's ears shot up when Void shouted, but it wasn't at him, luckily.  However, the wrath of the other sisters sure was and he didn't even say a word!  He sure took flak for the blame though even if Null didn't know what Void was referring to.  The detective though didn't react.  Choice words would be given and he'd be ready for them.  Hopefully they'd be much different than her tone now after Void was done talking with her in private.  Granted she'd probably think it some sort of trap.  A good chance for Void to finally step up there and put her hoof down, as a pony that seems to be having a more enjoyable experience in Equestria.

Following the pair upstairs, he bit them farewell with a smile, "I'll be in touch.  Please have a safe trip home."  Standing in the lobby he watched as the sisters disappeared down the street.  He wondered if they'd work on getting Null her wing or return to Ponyville to discuss it further.  A worry for another time.  His eyes glanced at sky from inside the warded building.  One problem at a time.  Wandering back through the lobby and to his desk to sit upon his chair.  The work he needed to do was a bit different than the artifacts he had just dispelled with the sisters.  Active spells were much different than magic that had been embedded on an object.  Easier in a perspective, but often more dangerous.  He opened a draw on the left side of the desk and removed a bright red piece of paper to place upon his desk top. 

Starting to fold the paper into different shapes when a red pegasus with a silver mane came soaring up to his desk with a panicked expression.  "Sir!  One of the security wards has triggered!" she exclaimed while fluttering behind him.  Quickly she noticed what Rising Dusk was doing at his desk.  "Oh, scry spell?" she inquired.  The detective had finished folding the red piece of paper into the shape of a bunny.  "Scry spell," he confirmed while getting up from his desk with the origami bunny in his mouth.  Returning to the lobby through the swinging doors, Bash had turned a page of his paper without looking up.  "Scry spell?" his gruff voice came from behind the newspaper.  "Scry spell," came Dusk's response as he walked through the O.M.I's front doors.

Tossing the paper bunny out onto the side walk.  He looked up into the sky.  Without a focus, the scry spell was an eternal mass that floated in the air above the O.M.I.  Difficult to do anything about until it became... solid was the best term he could think of.  Looking directly at the thin spell work in the sky, it wouldn't be hard for the pony on the other end to know he was looking right back at them.  If only for the briefest moment as the purpose of the bunny was soon revealed.  The paper had been soaked in a potent elixir that turned it into a tasty beacon for the scry spell to latch onto regardless of the original target after a short delay.  This way, it forced the spell to focus a target and become solid for the detective.  Sadly the only thing the pony on the other end would be looking at would be this adorable origami bunny no matter how hard they tried to move it.  It only last a few minutes, but always made for a good distraction.  Scry spells, this brought back memories of a rather nasty stalker case a year ago that was unhealthy for both victim and prey.

With the spell now easy for Rising Dusk to see, he took a moment to memorize its signature.  Familiar to him, and but different in subtle ways.  Like how a student picks up mannerisms or hoof writing from their teachers after extended periods of them with them.  With that done, it was time to get rid of it.  While he could dispel it in a similar fashion to how he did with the artifacts in the basement, there were other more efficient ways to do it.  Don't always need to kick in a locked door when one can pick the lock.  Scry spells all had one thing in common, they required a great degree of concentration to maintain.  Just the slightest slip up and the whole thing comes crumbling down.  Then they have to go gather up all those ingredients for the spell all over again.  His magic ignited with an orange glow and a single wisp did a lap around his horn before flying up to the weave hovering in the sky.  Dusk's preferred way to dealing with a scry spell?  The wisp clipped the lower right corner of the spell that sent a subtle backlash through the remote viewing magic.  Well, subtle in that the pony on the other end will be feeling the strong sensation of being poked in the eye.  Generally an effective way to break a pony's concentration.

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Dji

Shoving impatiently up at her through his neck, Kaltrop made motion of his discontent.

"Well I don't care what you think! This how you treat everyone you come across? Assault?!

I'm not some dull cattle to cart you around: why can't you just haul yourself off me? What's wrong with you?"

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Yes, that is okay with me," Twilight nodded quickly, a little unnerved at how Nerzhei spoke to Lyriel but whatever book the dragon had, kept her interest a lot more than how Lyriel was being treated at the moment. "Fluttershy, maybe you could show Lyriel your animal sanctuary."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"ONLY WITH CREATURES I LIKE SO WHY DON'T YOU GET OUT FROM UNDER ME!?" Dawn retaliated, only just barely keeping her grip and sounded a bit shake by the force Kaltrops had presented her with.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"Who's the pony trying to grab a gem?" Karmic asked in confusion, witnessing another past vision when they passed into a giant room. "They're hazy but it looks like they're triumphant in succeeding."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"okay, I'm sorry," Aurora said meekly, ducking her head out of fear of Onache and the much larger biped being so close to her. "Th-That's all well and good, um, Happini, but, maybe there should be some more drones?"

(edited)

@Rising Dusk

"Aaargh!"

The crone jumped back and held her wrinkly hoof to her forehead, above her right eye. Rotten little trickster had cut right through her spellwork and targeted her instead of the spell itself, which at the moment had felt like a poke in the eye, but had now gone into the a point behind it, right in her brain. It wasn't something that stuck for long, but it had ruined her entire concentration, and unraveled the scrying spell in the progress.

Well, it had ruined A scrying spell.

She still had the locked view of the town from earlier, before she began focusing in, locked in another orb for her master. And now that she knew where to look, it wouldn't take as long anymore if she needed to focus down and get another close look on the pony who had just done this, though it weren't necessary. Her body might have seen better days, but her mind were sharp, and after his foalish little trick, she wouldn't forget the look of him. Oh, how he were going to pay for this, if she ever got her hooves on him... You did not mess with a wilderness witch and simply get away with it.

Then again, why would she need to do anything? She knew what he looked like, where he worked, and her master would surely like the opportunity to show dispellers like this a thing or two, as they meddled in things that were beyond their feeble little understanding. She just needed to deliver everything she had to him, and then this pony who had thrown that distraction token - a clever twist she had not anticipated - were going to regret anything he had done since the moment he met the sisters. Along with all of his insignificant little friends. Her master liked to make a statement that were impossible to ignore.

Going away from the scrying orbs as the dull pain in her mind started to fade away, she rummaged through a box of items before finally pulling forth a parchment made of beast hide, and unravel it to show a blank page. A rouse for simpletons that didn't know what they were dealing with, but she did. She had known ever since her master had given it to her, and told her to never use it unless she had some good news. Something she had waited for long, long years to finally have, but until know, never managed to procure. Only vague leads and guesswork, which weren't enough for him. It would just incur his wrath, and what happened to her back then were nothing compared to what he'd do if he actually got furious.

Putting it down on the floor, she bit her leg and let the blood drop on the parchment. Four drops would hit, and vanish into the hide like it had never been there, before it suddenly rose into the air, and ripped itself apart before the crone's eyes. Dark runes began to glow on the pieces as they floated out and rearranged themselves into the rough outline of a bow, going from the ground and one meter up. Once everything were arranged, dark magic began pouring between them, and filled in the door shape completely.

It would just stand there after that, hovering in the air as the seconds ticked by, before her master walked slowly through and glanced into her eyes. The look of expectation in his own made her fear rise, worried that what she had were suddenly not good enough for the stallion, but the dice had been drawn, right? There were no way back now.

"Master."

"My obedient student. What do you have for me?"

"I found the sisters, and the one helping them, but... There are complications."

Her heart jumped as she said this, fearing for his actions, yet her master did nothing but look at her impatiently, and somewhat irritated over this pause she had taken.

"What kind?"

"The one helping them knew I was looking, and used a distraction token to force the sight away from himself, and unto this paper object he were using for it. Then he poked through the spell and hit me directly. Whoever this is, he can see everything, and knows how to cut through the spellwork."

"Give me a description."

He listened to her every word as she told him what she had seen in the moment before the officer had forced the spell's focus away from himself, but his focus were somewhere else too. On the left-most orb, where the image of the sisters were caught in. Even from a distance he could easily tell that it were them. The curious creatures that had interrupted his work, and then got themselves chased out of the country before he could retaliate or make them his own test subjects. The focus of his for the past ten years, and now, finally, they were within reach. All he had to do was to reach out and grab them. Or he would, if not for their annoying little side effects. That were going to be a challenge, but he were a resourceful stallion. They'd be his one way or another.

"What are you going to do now, master?"

"It's time to make my intentions clear. But first, I have to deal with a loose end."

The crone didn't have the time to react to his words before he stood over by her with a cruel smile on his face and magic coursing over his eyes, hoof raised and about to rid his life of a eyesore that had blighted his vision for long enough.

(an hour after the scrying spell had been dealt with by Rising)

A knock would come on the door to the O.M.I. before the mare on the other side would figure out that said door were open, and entered with a small giggle.

YVRJ3W1.png

"Excuse me? Is this were you deliver cursed items?"

Lily were an elegant looking sort, even if her brown clothes didn't speak of that, as much as a horrible sense of fashion accessories. Perhaps it were passed down from her mother or something, considering it didn't look like it were fresh off the rack either. it were clean though, which were more than you could say about the dark steel box that she took from her back and put on the front desk. Something that Bash - or whoever else sat the the counter - should have little trouble to recognize as a well used, tightly sealed curse box. It were bumped and bruised in a way that made it clear that something both from the inside and outside had bashed this container around some, but it were still in one piece at least, and whatever were in there would remain locked down. These things weren't amateur work after all.

"My name is Lily Monkshade, and this here is something that's been in my family's possession for generations, but I thought that perhaps instead of hiding it away after I inherited it, it could be dealt with ore permanently, and I heard this place were good with these kinds of things. I don't know what is in there unfortunately, though I guess nothing goods gets locked down for two hundred years, right?"

=============================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

While the narrator, Lucid, and Novia were having a discussion that the narrator for sure were never going to win, the tank went into overdrive and rushed down the street, causing ponies to jump to the sides for dear life, until they finally reached the asylum and smashed through the wall.

Henry would stay behind, still trying to figure out what the tree were and getting distracted by it. Power of rubber (and some pollen that were best not brought around any sort of local authority) right there, while the power of the tank had caused a broken down wall, two escapees that had seen their chance from the hole in the wall while their carers jumped back in surprise, and a third patient starting to scream about the great war, and making flying machine noises. He'd probably be running too if it weren't for the wheelchair he were strapped into.

The top hatch opened on the tank and Anomaly jumped out, stood on the end of the cannon, and loudly proclaimed: "Crazies, I am your new queen!"

=============================================================================================

Cherish felt a wave of relief as the princess assured Nada that she weren't going to be punished. Sure, she hadn't thought that the siren would be, but there had been a small bit of worry that something might be said that would prove her wrong. Just paranoia she supposed, but that was okay. Everything sounded like it were going to be fine.

Well... Okay, there were the part where Princess Luna let slip that apparently she had gone through some dark stuff, and Nada spoke of how the normal ponies might get concerned about potential mind control, but sure this would get itself sorted out... Definitely...

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, I know not the finer details of how it works, yet I can say that the quality depends on the investment. The more one is willing to spend on it, the better and more specific the creation can become, to a point where I dare say I would not be surprised if you could even make it invisible for senses, magic tracking, and sight, for all but you. Scarcity would know more of this of course, but I think that perhaps I can ask around some familiar faces when we get where we need to, and see if they can give some recommendations. You don't want to have to rely too much on someone like her.

Yet there is time to spare before we reach that moment. Shall we move along?"

It would actually not be far before they reached the likely house of the pony they were looking for. It was subtle, but there was something about how the front lawn  were covered in animal hides tanning on poles that just gave a very small hint at this perhaps being a hunters den. The smell of raw meat wafting through the window might be a small hint too, if you could pick up on that powerful aroma as something of a clue.

==========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 1/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"I wish it were different but there wasn't any another option. Canterlot is where the most influential ponies reside and you either need coin or status to get anyone's attention. Where we're from, we don't have either. Probably saw us as backwater savages who knew a thing or two about being civilized; we were lucky anyone was willing to listen let alone glance our way."

"An allegiance of convenience it sounds like. We have something similar here in Neighpon with the equines. But it would be wasteful to spend all of our time and effort to fighting them in open warfare. With them having superior numbers and weapons, yet us having the magic needed to decimate them in the long run, it would have ended in victory for us, though the loss of life would have been pointless, and there's just no fun left if there's no ponies to mess around with.

So we also agreed on an alliance of convenience. Not one as favored to one side as it sounds like yours are though, unless you ask the ponies. Silly little creatures, thinking themselves the superiors and us as little more than nuisances who had to bow before their might. As if physical strength means anything when reality warps around you."

Yazma chuckled a little, while a brief smile spread on her face, thinking about a few of the ones she had been out picking on in her younger years, before becoming a teacher. Of course she still went out to teach a different kind of lesson, but the ones from back then just stuck out as being better to her. Must be the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"If it's alright with Jasmine and Meadow here for me to start moving about and getting my strength back to my foreleg, I'd like to go and see Rosa. Today is the deadline of the delivery and I can get the job done fast."

"Bring Omen with you, sister. You'll probably run out of energy before you can make a round trip."

"Awh, do we have to let you go? We wanted to write a paper on you."

Jasmine spoke, whilst Meadow just joined her in giggling a little under her breath.

"Now now girls, they're guests, not involuntary test subjects."

Meadow gave off a small, but noticeable snort of laughter from that.

"A good healing at a reasonable pace like this should make Professor Wrangle pleased when he is done with the thestral. I can imagine you will get some extra credit for this."

The two kitsune jumped up and gave eachother a high-five from this, with big grins on their faces, before Jasmine whistled and Shrimp's cage opened. Sure they could have used the key, but like many kitsune, they liked showing off. The muzzle remained on though, but a simple strap should get it off, soon as Lin got hold of the creature at least, as the refraction slithered right out and went for Omen's neck to hide behind her head. He didn't like these fox creatures and their cages.

As for Lin, she should feel pretty good about now. perhaps some stiffness that had to be walked off, and potentially a small bit of pain the first time she put some pressure on her leg, but to be fair, these were still students, and it beat having a leg in shambles. In Yazma's mind, it were a solid A- at least on their grades, but it weren't her decision ultimately.

Once Lin were back on her feet, Yazma would lead them on, until they reached a point with a bench facing a picture of a meadow. Nothing too interesting, but since Yazma stopped, this would indicate that they had reached their destination.

"Smell is strange, but he is behind here."

Omen scratched on the wall like a curious kitten, but nothing seemed to come from it. Solid tree from the sound and feel of it.

===============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Dji

"And who do you think you are to say how I'm-"

Nerzhei stopped herself as she felt the sneer that were starting to form on her lips. A hostile response, not made better by her knowing full well that the look in her eyes had gotten colder and her fist were starting to clench a little.

Seconds ticked by in silence from the dragon as she clenched her teeth, shut her eyes, and took some deep breaths to try and get herself more under control instead of reacting like a... Well, dragon. One of the simpletons she looked down on to be more exact, who would face every kind of opposition with aggression rather than anything constructive, or begin a dialogue.

And really, what were the point in her getting angry here? For being told off for her tone? If anything, shouldn't she be somewhat happy that the pony had spoken up and confronted the dragon? Logical thoughts like that helped her move on, and around ten seconds after starting to take deep breaths, she would ease up her stance and open her eyes again, feeling more in control of herself.

"You're right, the tone were uncalled for, no matter how rotten my day have been, or how I'm feeling right now. I'm sorry."

The last part weren't exactly said with much of an emotional tone to it, and more as a fact in a test, but it were something, right? Lyriel seemed to think so at least, as she wandered over and put a hoof on the dragon's shoulder.

"It's okay, I know what you tried to say."

"No, it wasn't. And to think I got called out for it by Fluttershy of all beings... I don't know whatever to be irritated by getting an earful by a pony, or impressed that you started up a confrontation without going over the edge."

While the start had been for Lyriel, most of it had been directed at Fluttershy, who she looked at with a kind of begrudging impressiveness. Perhaps this were the kind of trigger that could fuel the pony's skills in situations like this? Something to think about perhaps, if there were time. Depended on how things would go with Twilight.

"Well, I accept your apology then. Fluttershy, would you please lead the way?"

It seemed like a good idea to leave before the air got heavy with misunderstandings and more bad mood. Lyriel didn't want to see any of these basically kind creatures fight with one another, not even verbally.

=================================================================================

@Dji

"The only one to succeed in gaining the element have been earlier today, by someone calling himself Warlock, and his body snatching companion. They convinced me to attack Canterlot with them after they had gained the gem, but far as I know, Warlock have been captured. I know not what happened to the element, and neither do I care. I have no interest in ever carrying it again."

Rounding a corner, they would look into a big room filled with mostly just dust and old, scaled footprints in said dust, but there appeared to be some scattered tomes and trinkets left behind that might be of some help to them. Also some crates with undetermined items in, which could be all from magic items to century old rations. Of course, the majority of the tomes were written in draconic, so translation may end up becoming an issue.

==================================================================================

@Dji

"Chill out Aurora, I ain't gonna hurt you. And it's Happy by the way. I ain't some kinda pokemon."

It would probably make no sense at all to the pony what he spoke of, but he didn't care. It was something from his old world and the reference had more or less just come out because it felt right.

"And yeah, we're gonna get more drones and such up and running eventually. Gotta make the place ready for the first batch of eggs first though, y'know? Nymphs needs some protected surroundings or they go get themselves hurt, or just wander off. They're curious little critters."

He could go into more details about the process, but it sounded like it could get mighty awkward to go through the birds and the bees for changelings with this gal. Or whatever the equivalent were around here. The pegasi and the bugbears? *shiver* Now there was a thought that'd haunt his nightmares.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Lucid and Novia both climbed from the hatch too.

"If you get to be their queen, what do we get to be?"

"Yeah! What do we get to be?"

Lucid pointed to a nearby caretaker.

"How many bits for the crazy guy making flying machine noises?"

The caretaker was too confused to answer. Lucid turned to Anomaly.

"She's not answering, I'm leaving a one star review for this place."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Those two, Jasmine and Meadow.... It's rare to see that kind of enthusiasm nowadays. They remind me of my younger self."

"Yeah, you were always one to practice your lessons eagerly when you come home from training and I'd listen like I was at one of your training sessions. I missed those days; things were so much simpler then."

The longma siblings looked to the healers with a longing for their joyful and pleasant memories, speaking with soft tones evoking happiness but longing for the simplicity and innocence of those times. Even the high fives the two gave each other was just like how they did things together. Always ending things on a good note. She was never one to sour the mood and always looked to something good coming out of the things taught to Sen. At least she knew those things came in handy. Now that Shrimp is out, Lin fiddled with the muzzle and easily got it off before the little creature skittered off to Omen. 

"So, I take it the ponies of Neighpon and the kitsune govern themselves. Do they have chosen representatives to meet and discuss matters like your relations with each other?"

Uncommon as it may be for them to ask, this was something both siblings were curious about. Usually they wouldn't care about this sort of thing but this is a topic that might be of use to Elder Ghilan. A little thing to learn about and pass on to him. He was wondering about how other groups went about dealing with each other and hopefully, this could translate into him using some of these lessons in improving relations within the longma villages and maybe even outsiders. He is a fledgling among more experienced elders, physical looks and age notwithstanding, but wanting to bring something new to the table. That might be able to leave an impression on the other elders and the villagers. 

Of course, their time walking by had passed and they came across a tree. Solid and sturdy as it is but certainly there must be a way forward. They stayed put and awaited what Yazma would do next. 

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

"I understand, Nerzhei. And if you wish to come by, my cottage is at the outskirts of Ponyville by the Everfree Forest. You can easily find it when you see a pond near the doorstep. If there is anything you might need, just ask. This way please, Lyriel."

Just as the shift in tone and look on Fluttershy changed to confront Nerzhei about her tone, so it was once more. This one went back to her more pleasing and soft-spoken voice, calming and reassuring. It is the epitome of what the pegasus considers as her approach to problems like this, at least with her animal friends: show assertive and commanding tone, but never to push things too far. Once that is achieved, switch to a more gentle approach and assure there are no hard feelings between the two of them. It couldn't be said the same when interacting with a lot of ponies, but she tries her best and she's working at it.

The pegasus bade Twilight and Nerzhei goodbye as she led the dryad out of the castle and into the town proper. Though she had some ideas on where to take her, she'd like to give Lyriel a sense of familiarity with the town layout. If anything, at least it would make it easier to navigate. 

"So, this is the town square. Here you can find the mayor's office in the town hall and Sugarcube Corner if you are craving something sweet. My friend Pinkie Pie helps run the place. There is also an animal clinic run by Doctor Fauna who looks after sick animals. And if you would like, there is also the animal sanctuary. Ooh! Maybe you'd like to meet some of my animal friends! They've never seen a dryad before and judging by Angel's behavior around you, I think they'll want to meet you!"

Angel squeaked in agreement, showing a lot more energy and enthusiasm in his step. Even Fluttershy's steadily growing giddiness isn't so easily masked anymore when animals are brought into a conversation. And seeing as how Lyriel is a guest, she should be able to feel at home in Ponyville. But, it is ultimately Lyriel's choice on where she wants to go and what she wants to do. 

@Dji 

Francis let out a yelp, looking to the pony, before leaping off the side of the roof, Zealous walking finding himself looking up at the changeling doing so.

But while leaping, his hoof lands in the wrong place, leading him to trip over, Zealous' horn sparked as he looks up surprised, the changeling flying down. "That's not going to be survivable." He leaps under the changeling, his horn glowing through his mane as the changeling is briefly encapsulated in a magical field, before the horn sparks and the field breaking. "Shoot." He stands right under the changeling, ready to catch him, if Watts didn't attempt to do that first, Francis in too much surprise to attempt to fly.

===========================

@Blitz Boom

"Oh I do, but he might have something there we could use." As she spoke, they were transported there, Sapphire teleporting them. Looking to his shelves, before hearing something as a spell was broken and the sound of somepony teleporting in.

A few moments prior...

Iron paused his step, looking to Astral and Chow. "You three need rest, I don't since I already did at the hospital, due to my eyes." He said while pointing to them. "Which means I can go off to ensure Emerald and Sapphire don't achieve whatever they are doing at my house."

Astral looked to him. "What? That's not going to end well..."

"Yes, especially with the relics I hid there." He added, looking to Chow. "Even if I won't be getting any rest, at least she will." He said before pointing to Astral. "I'll join you at the house when I get back." He entered into the train, but when Astral stepped over to enter the door, he wasn't in her sight.

Looking to Chow, she smirked a little. "Can't do much now, but I do need rest more than him."

Sapphire glared to him, Iron not armed with any weapons, just standing there. "You intrude my home for your evil needs and you think I didn't think to set an alarm up?" He asked pointing his hoof to the two.

Sapphire chuckled, her gem glowing. "Oh I did expect it." She stepped in front of Emerald, who even if she didn't have a form, Sapphire wanted to ensure wasn't harmed. "But you can't exactly harm us." She walked to him, getting closer.

Iron looked up to her, Sapphire floating slightly. "You can't harm me either." Without any movement, Sapphire was dissipated and her gem flung across the room. "Though your gem is physical so I can affect that."

Smoke poured out, forming a new body as her gem glowed, chains springing out of the ground, Iron's legs being shackled to the floor. "Let's stop the flirting, where are your magic books?"

"You know this Sapphire." Sapphire tilted her head to Emerald, Iron looking to her. "Basement, protected by many deadly traps, which also affect magical creatures and bodies in the astral plane, or spirits." He looked back to Sapphire. "As long as I am alive you'll not be able to read their script and I'm not exactly inclined to let you in."

@Moonlit @Blitz Boom

Nada was thoughtful for as second, that could be a good solution, because even though she didn't need something like that since she had lost that magic long ago, it could work as assurance for skeptical ponies if they saw something they knew would make it impossible for her to use her magic. "At the moment no, I don't have any more concerns. I assume things like where I live will come up during the planning?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom

Ruby thought for a second, she didn't really like the idea of pay for something, but she recognized the importance of doing so, and remembered the fact that others seemed to base value to something else than she so, so she could end up getting things pretty cheap from her perspective due having some rather valuable stuff in her collection. "Aright, let's go." She indeed could sense the smell of meat from the house house, because though raw meat didn't necessary smell that strongly in general, being a predator, her sense were specially made to sense prey, and thus meat. she didn't comment anything.