Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom, Serenade chuckles to herself, then shivers. "What ever way get's me out of this place as quickly as possible, the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters always creeps me out." Her head tracks Ziggy jumping, "If Miss Dash can't teach me, then perhaps you can take over? What better then to have a doctor helping, make sure I don't push myself too hard?" She starts walking toward the front door, "Also, would you be interested in...learning more about Sirens?" The last words are accompanied by a blush on her face. 

(edited)

@@EQ_Theta,

"Others go to her when they are lost. If the tail is hers, she knows things, if it is not, aren't we lost?"

Omen stopped herself and looked around for a bit before settling on Senlin again, waiting for what he would say or do. Since he said he perhaps knew of a way to find the Zebra, she should wait and see what that was, as well as follow him when it were, so there hadn't been much of a point in her going on unless she had suddenly found a trail that would lead them to the mystic. She had given it a last glance, but there hadn't been anything as far as she could tell.

"You know other ways? Is there a clue somewhere?"

@@Melke,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"It is the sad fact about history. Sometimes, pieces simply goes missing, or were never recorded in the first place as it was not something the tellers found was necessary for others to know.

Much as with your story Syo - which I am thankful that you shared - there are holes in mine that seems prudent to knowing everything, especially near the end were likely the biggest source of information would come, such as what happened with Arcania and Marlee when they met.

Yet, we should still be thankful of the strands of history that we have, and always strive to complete the tales that seems otherwise unfinished. I have travelled for a long time now, and even in the farthest regions of the north I have found information that helped me complete a little more of the tale myself, as well as see a pattern in how their tribes began as well. History can sometimes be in the most surprising of places.

Ah, but I digress. If Seamore believes it time to move along, then perhaps we should follow troop and be on our way. It is not fitting to leave him to fend for himself in case there are danger after all."

And with that, he and Brittle followed through the portal that Seamore seemingly had wandered through before. What would wait on the other side was perhaps going to be rather interesting.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"I try to think, but thoughts are strange. Unpredictable. Orders are simple. It helps when I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

Omen was quiet for a bit, then walked a step forward at the open gate that Luna had still not passed through for some reason. Perhaps it was to see if she would take the order to her, but she wouldn't have to worry. She wasn't master, so her orders weren't as strong as his, but she was somepony of authority, which was something that resonated with Omen at least. She wasn't gonna talk about it now, but if master asked...

"...I think I understand though  I won't tell about her, not even to master. Serenade is... Just a pony. Nothing else."

She turned around again and faced Luna. It was a hard one to keep in the long run this, but she would try and do so to the best of her abilities. It would not be something she thought would please master if he knew of it, yet she had to learn to not always ask for an order or wait for one, and things like this learned her. She might still be under order, but in a way, she guessed it was her choice to follow it too. Otherwise, wouldn't she just tell master if he asked?

@@Quinch,

"I came from a place not far from here, before Ponyville was even a thought. 1900 years ago, that was my home until the Shaman kicked me out and I took to the road to find spirits to soothe for a good 8 decades or so. A simple time, but much like anything else, a bygone era.

I was sent away for a time after my soul was sold, and when I returned my town were gone, and Ponyville had started stacking the first stones. I watched it grow once in awhile since, but you know how it is. Sometimes you can watch life blossom, and sometimes you end up being send by your slavers to confront the ruler of the land, who gets less than pleased by it and traps you in crystal for 1100 years."

Vivid chuckled a bit about the situation to herself, then got a sort of slightly bitter look over her face and a bad taste in her mouth when she got to the point where Discord had trapped her. The overgrown lizard should really pay for that if it were up to her, but she could not deny that he had also done her good since she were free of her former masters when she finally got loose, so she couldn't justify it completely.

"I can barely recognise Equestria now I am free, though Ponyville still stands surprisingly. My own home have been little more than dust for centuries, yet this one does well for itself. It's a piece of familiarity, but remembering life when I was like them isn't always good. Reminds me what have been lost."

She shook slightly as she realised what she had just said. She weren't supposed to be This forthcoming with things, and especially not with just some random being from another world. Was she really this desperate to speak with somepony after all? Had she spent this much time keeping away from others and holding her cards close so the death of them would not affect her, just to try and bond a little with somepony that - since he knew of Demons - would likely not shed a tear if she were suddenly impaled by a ray of light?

...It was something she would have to watch out for, and think about as things went on she supposed. They would see as things processed on.

"In any case, tell me something Worker, what about your home? You seemed less than pleased about it, yet is there nothing there that draws your heart? Though, if you don't want to speak about that, I still wouldn't mind hearing what your name might be."

There wasn't much she could do against him with just a name. Call him things was basically the extend of things as she were not an actual Demon, and therefore neither possess the know-how to torment him properly from just that, nor the want to do so. She didn't ask for a full one, but if she had to present him as *Worker* or *Some Human* things would begin to become rather awkward in the long run, and she hated being in those situations.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@cwhip9,

Amongst all the things happening, the sword flying towards her were what really drew her eye. It was rusty, and had seen better days, but a blade were a blade after all. Now it was just a matter of getting hold of it.

Knowing that catching a blade in motion at these speeds were the task for the suicidal and stupid, she instead stepped down on the edge of one of the bits of plank that had landed at her hooves and put it up at the right angle so that when the blade came crashing down, it impaled inself on that and though being within a few inches of touching her as well, managed to miss. After that, she quickly smashed the half-cleaved plank and took hold of the blade who really wasn't up to standards in her mind. It was somewhat heavy, rusty as mentioned, and the handle tasted like mold and 20 years of sea water, but right now it were all she had.

Rushing towards the hand that held Crescent with the weapon's handle firmly between her teeth, she said a prayer for him for what she was about to do, hoping that he wasn't hit from what she were about to do whilst using the momentum, taking a jump to the side- And then using all the power she could muster in her legs to sent herself towards the hand whilst waiting for what seemed like minutes, but were more like a second... Then, just before hitting the hand with her face, taking a strong swing aimed towards the fingers that clutched Crescent in it's grasp.

With some luck, her plan would work and she would be able to ciut through them. If not... Well, she Had ways of hitting harder, but the impact of that would hurt Crescent with guarantee, so here was hoping this was good enough.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@@EQ_Theta,

"Others go to her when they are lost. If the tail is hers, she knows things, if it is not, aren't we lost?"

Omen stopped herself and looked around for a bit before settling on Senlin again, waiting for what he would say or do. Since he said he perhaps knew of a way to find the Zebra, she should wait and see what that was, as well as follow him when it were, so there hadn't been much of a point in her going on unless she had suddenly found a trail that would lead them to the mystic. She had given it a last glance, but there hadn't been anything as far as she could tell.

"You know other ways? Is there a clue somewhere?"

@@Melke,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"It is the sad fact about history. Sometimes, pieces simply goes missing, or were never recorded in the first place as it was not something the tellers found was necessary for others to know.

Much as with your story Syo - which I am thankful that you shared - there are holes in mine that seems prudent to knowing everything, especially near the end were likely the biggest source of information would come, such as what happened with Arcania and Marlee when they met.

Yet, we should still be thankful of the strands of history that we have, and always strive to complete the tales that seems otherwise unfinished. I have travelled for a long time now, and even in the farthest regions of the north I have found information that helped me complete a little more of the tale myself, as well as see a pattern in how their tribes began as well. History can sometimes be in the most surprising of places.

Ah, but I digress. If Seamore believes it time to move along, then perhaps we should follow troop and be on our way. It is not fitting to leave him to fend for himself in case there are danger after all."

And with that, he and Brittle followed through the portal that Seamore seemingly had wandered through before. What would wait on the other side was perhaps going to be rather interesting.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"I try to think, but thoughts are strange. Unpredictable. Orders are simple. It helps when I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

Omen was quiet for a bit, then walked a step forward at the open gate that Luna had still not passed through for some reason. Perhaps it was to see if she would take the order to her, but she wouldn't have to worry. She wasn't master, so her orders weren't as strong as his, but she was somepony of authority, which was something that resonated with Omen at least. She wasn't gonna talk about it now, but if master asked...

"...I think I understand though  I won't tell about her, not even to master. Serenade is... Just a pony. Nothing else."

She turned around again and faced Luna. It was a hard one to keep in the long run this, but she would try and do so to the best of her abilities. It would not be something she thought would please master if he knew of it, yet she had to learn to not always ask for an order or wait for one, and things like this learned her. She might still be under order, but in a way, she guessed it was her choice to follow it too. Otherwise, wouldn't she just tell master if he asked?

@@Quinch,

"I came from a place not far from here, before Ponyville was even a thought. 1900 years ago, that was my home until the Shaman kicked me out and I took to the road to find spirits to soothe for a good 8 decades or so. A simple time, but much like anything else, a bygone era.

I was sent away for a time after my soul was sold, and when I returned my town were gone, and Ponyville had started stacking the first stones. I watched it grow once in awhile since, but you know how it is. Sometimes you can watch life blossom, and sometimes you end up being send by your slavers to confront the ruler of the land, who gets less than pleased by it and traps you in crystal for 1100 years."

Vivid chuckled a bit about the situation to herself, then got a sort of slightly bitter look over her face and a bad taste in her mouth when she got to the point where Discord had trapped her. The overgrown lizard should really pay for that if it were up to her, but she could not deny that he had also done her good since she were free of her former masters when she finally got loose, so she couldn't justify it completely.

"I can barely recognise Equestria now I am free, though Ponyville still stands surprisingly. My own home have been little more than dust for centuries, yet this one does well for itself. It's a piece of familiarity, but remembering life when I was like them isn't always good. Reminds me what have been lost."

She shook slightly as she realised what she had just said. She weren't supposed to be This forthcoming with things, and especially not with just some random being from another world. Was she really this desperate to speak with somepony after all? Had she spent this much time keeping away from others and holding her cards close so the death of them would not affect her, just to try and bond a little with somepony that - since he knew of Demons - would likely not shed a tear if she were suddenly impaled by a ray of light?

...It was something she would have to watch out for, and think about as things went on she supposed. They would see as things processed on.

"In any case, tell me something Worker, what about your home? You seemed less than pleased about it, yet is there nothing there that draws your heart? Though, if you don't want to speak about that, I still wouldn't mind hearing what your name might be."

There wasn't much she could do against him with just a name. Call him things was basically the extend of things as she were not an actual Demon, and therefore neither possess the know-how to torment him properly from just that, nor the want to do so. She didn't ask for a full one, but if she had to present him as *Worker* or *Some Human* things would begin to become rather awkward in the long run, and she hated being in those situations.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@cwhip9,

Amongst all the things happening, the sword flying towards her were what really drew her eye. It was rusty, and had seen better days, but a blade were a blade after all. Now it was just a matter of getting hold of it.

Knowing that catching a blade in motion at these speeds were the task for the suicidal and stupid, she instead stepped down on the edge of one of the bits of plank that had landed at her hooves and put it up at the right angle so that when the blade came crashing down, it impaled inself on that and though being within a few inches of touching her as well, managed to miss. After that, she quickly smashed the half-cleaved plank and took hold of the blade who really wasn't up to standards in her mind. It was somewhat heavy, rusty as mentioned, and the handle tasted like mold and 20 years of sea water, but right now it were all she had.

Rushing towards the hand that held Crescent with the weapon's handle firmly between her teeth, she said a prayer for him for what she was about to do, hoping that he wasn't hit from what she were about to do whilst using the momentum, taking a jump to the side- And then using all the power she could muster in her legs to sent herself towards the hand whilst waiting for what seemed like minutes, but were more like a second... Then, just before hitting the hand with her face, taking a strong swing aimed towards the fingers that clutched Crescent in it's grasp.

With some luck, her plan would work and she would be able to ciut through them. If not... Well, she Had ways of hitting harder, but the impact of that would hurt Crescent with guarantee, so here was hoping this was good enough.

Cresent eyes widened seeing Last make her strike his head was getting dizzier with the grip seeming to tighten around his chest. He tried to keep concis by bitting his teeth into the hand as hard as he could. It felt like smoke, like he was bitting through nothing but it was still there crushing him

Edited by cwhip9

Sisilia stopped crying when she heard Lonk's apology. She wrapped her tail around the branch and lowered herself upside down, belly facing the two of them with her paws folded in a way that could probably be seen as cute. "I won't bite. Aw you a Peg-a-ssusss?" She seemed to have a little trouble with the last word. She had never met a Pegasus before, but she learned a little about them watching in on the Kitsunes' classes.

Lonk added for clarification, "I'm not a pegasus, but she is," pointing at the other pony.

Storm recoiled slightly at the creature's sickly sweet voice.

"Yeah, I'm a pegasus," she said, slowly and cautiously. Sure, this creature acted cute, but if stories taught Storm anything, it was not to let your guard down just cause something seemd friendly.

"Look, I'm just trying to get to those clouds over there," Storm said to nopony in particular, pointing beyond the creature that blocked the way.

@@AmberDust

@@Seamore Sandwich

"You are too?" Lonk asked the pegasus. "Huh. I'm moving over there too. Nothing better to do while you're stranded in a forest. Alone. With no food. You know what? This sounds like the perfect set-up for a horror movie and I don't like that. You know, stranded in a forest, dark clouds..."

He realized he was rambling.

He should probably stop that.

@@Blitz Boom

All those times spent learning to be a scout and tracker from years before may not have been wasted after all. Senlin was eager to share what he knew about the subject and hoped it would be of great use.

"Zecora would likely place markers around the forest to lead her back to her home, likely using scratches on bark or clumps of rock on the ground. Probably check some leaves on the ground too. The dried ones with cracks on them could show signs of trampling. The thing I am more concerned about is if this is really leading us to her or to someone else. This trickster is likely leading us around in circles and away from where we need to be but it may not be the case. I don't know what to think anymore but Stargazer might not have any news right now. I guess we take the risk?"

@@Melke

Sole was smiling as he took the scythe and twirled it. "Oh, I like this plan" He said, before feeling the magical powerup. Just before he could thank her, the diamond shards rained down on them like a hail of arrows. He did his best to ignore the crystal spears of death as he made a beeline straight for the metallic bird. Utilizing his temporary power boost, he dodged and parried any shards in their path and closed the gap. "Sorry Jeeves, time to carve the turkey" He joked, as he poured chaos magic into the scythe, and swung it straight down, fully intent on cleaving the monster in two.

@@AmberDust

@@Lonk Chase

"You mean thesse cloudsss?" She asked, looking straight up at the clouds overhead. "It wained wast night but the clouds neva went away." She lowered herself to the ground, twisting herself around so she would face the others. Her tail wasn't quite long enough so she did have to drop a little to do it, but she of course landed on her feet. Although none had introduced themselves, it wouldn't bother Sisilia at all, she was still young so these things didn't quite cross her mind.

@@Blitz Boom

Luna stepped through the portal, back into her bedroom. "When you are given orders, it is always your choice wether or not to follow it, but if you choose not to, you must be prepared to accept the consequences. There is always a choice to be made. I have business to attend to, so if you'll be on your way, would you mind helping the other two find their way home? It's not an order, but simply a request."

@@Blitz Boom

@@cwhip9

When Crescent sank his teeth into the black hand, he would taste his opponent's blood. Although, it didn't quite taste like blood, and it didn't really look like blood either. It was a reddish brown, translucent liquid, it was sticky, and it tasted like strawberries but also a little like sap. Last's attack cut deep, revealing a layer of sea green under the black. Nemo winced as if he could feel the hand's pain when he saw the hand let go of Crescent. He still remained in place however, not moving from his spot. The other hand disappeared below decks as the cut hand quickly healed from the cuts made by the rusty old blade.

@@Denim&Venom

"That actually seems like a bit much for just one weapon. You could put powerful enchantments in a few different things. Charged positively it will work most efficiently in defensive magics. I'd probably suggest a damage reflection enchantment, it sends the force from an attack back at the attacker, it's the most aggressive thing I can think of in that category. If the enchantment is done well enough, it can even multiply the force of the attack, and you could even back it up with a good counter. You've also seen what it can do for healing magic, though that requires a lot of energy from it and it will need to recharge for a long time. In any case, I would suggest you wait a full week to do anything with it, giving it plenty of time in the sunlight, maybe even putting it in water for a bit."

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"Ohh? A doctor, a botanist, a thaumaturgist and an armorist? Had Chrysalis had you on her side she might still be holding Canterlot today. Well, at least until I took it for myself.  No wonder Moon Butt swooped in and wrote you onto her payroll. I wonder if that contract is for sale. Hmmm. Anyways, I'll take your advice under advisement."  

Edited by Denim&Venom

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@AmberDust,  

"Well, maybe that's not the clouds that the rain came from," replied Lonk.

"If we want to get to that cloud, we might as well be heading off."

He started to leave.

He then realized that nobody had introduced themselves.

He piped up, "By the way, if anyone wants to contact me again, ask for Lonk Chase, OK? Ok."

"Also, if you wanna come with me you're free to do so."

He starts toward the clouds again.

@@Blitz Boom,

@@Seamore Sandwich,  

"That's too bad. It's really a shame when history is lost to time. Anyway, I should check ahead to see if the coast is clear. There could be any number of dangerous creatures on the other side."

"I will just be sitting on you, ready to teleport you if I sense trouble." Syo said as she went with Seamore as he approached the portal.

"It is the sad fact about history. Sometimes, pieces simply goes missing, or were never recorded in the first place as it was not something the tellers found was necessary for others to know.   Much as with your story Syo - which I am thankful that you shared - there are holes in mine that seems prudent to knowing everything, especially near the end were likely the biggest source of information would come, such as what happened with Arcania and Marlee when they met.   Yet, we should still be thankful of the strands of history that we have, and always strive to complete the tales that seems otherwise unfinished. I have travelled for a long time now, and even in the farthest regions of the north I have found information that helped me complete a little more of the tale myself, as well as see a pattern in how their tribes began as well. History can sometimes be in the most surprising of places.   Ah, but I digress. If Seamore believes it time to move along, then perhaps we should follow troop and be on our way. It is not fitting to leave him to fend for himself in case there are danger after all."

"It is not hard for me to find the full version of the story as Arcania and Marlee were the ones who have written their lives down and it is easy to cross reference it. I always like a good story but those other boring things make me sleep-" Syo replied then she is cut off as she crossed the portal boundary with Seamore and Brair. 

@@~Sole~,

You flying through the storm had left Dyr defenseless but she had a ball of energy reserved that she threw down and created a thick wall of wood to shield herself from the arrows. Your attack cleaved the big mech bird in half but the scythe snapped in half when it hit the crystal core. The bird was starting to regenerate after that.

More wires comes out and seized you, hurling you to the wood wall that Dyr made and smashing you and Dyr together after breaking the wall.

"Ow... geez, do you mind getting off of me? You're really heavy!" Dyr cried as she was struggling under your weight.

@@cwhip9,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"We're not done yet!"

Seeing the hand letting go of Crescent was almost as good as the slight pressure she had felt when she had cut into it. Its skin wasn't the toughest thing she had cut through, which was fortunate when you thought about the weapon she had to work with, and considering it was still in one piece and the hand hadn't a victim in its grasp anymore that would make her hold back, she wasn't going to stop now.

It would barely have closed its wound before she was striking after it again, barely noticing Crescent but instead kept her eye focused on this thing while her assault started. She didn't know if it would defend itself, lash out and force her to dodge around for now and again, or if these attacks even did little more than annoy it. It was her enemy, and she had no reason not to give it her all to try and destroy it.

After all, what was the worst it could do? Make her be forgotten twice? She were already damned by this thing as it were and forgotten by the world and everypony in it. There was nothing else to take, and nothing to hold her back.

The other hand would still be an issue, but she wasn't thinking about that right now. Wherever it were right now, hopefully Crescent could handle that himself. She had enough with the one she was taking care of for now as it were.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"...Understood. I will find them."

The gate started to close, though before it got shut all the way it seemed to halt, and Omen popped her head through the small opening.

"Say hi to Celestia from me... Please."

She didn't wait to get a response before she took her head back and let the gate finally close. She had said what must, and she were aware of what she had to do. What else were there, and whatever or not she would seek out Celestia to speak with her herself was a thought for another time. The princess had never been fond of the messages Discord had made her deliver, so perhaps it wasn't going to end well, but they would see when time came.

@@Moonlit,

"Oh, Totally! I love to help and learn things, and you looked Really cool when you started glowing. How were you glowing by the way? Bioluminescence? Reflections of light in your scales? Spoooooky reasons?"

Ziggy bounced a bit in place before following Serenade towards the door. She always liked to learn something new, and if she were going to help Serenade if she got hurt during flight it would be super helpful to know more about how she worked, and a few things about whatever or not she were more pony or fish-like beneath the scales, especially regarding the bone structure.

She were about to say something more when she noticed something about the Siren's face and quickly had leaned her head downto near the ground next to her to get a proper look at her face. She wasn't sure at first, but... Oooh, it Were that.

"Hehehe, somepony's bluuuushiiiing."

The words wasn't said in a taunting tone, but more like she found it downright adorable, which the look on her face also seemed to imply. Now it was just to see if Serenade would get embarrassed over this, as most tended to get when it was pointed out to them that they had a bit of pink on their cheeks.

@@Blitz Boom, Serenade clears her throat, "Yes, it's Bio-luminescence, our natural habit in siren form is the deep oceans, and the light doesn't make it far underwater.We use it to hunt" Serenade keeps walking, yawning, "I can't wait to get home and get on my rock". She yawns again, "It's been a unique night."

Edited by Moonlit

@@Blitz Boom, @@Seamore Sandwich, As cresent fell he coughed a bit at the ne sudden rush of air that greeted him from the tight grip. He looked around seeing Last go after the hand while nemo....he blinked a bit at nemo, he looked in pain but not too much. And he hadn't done a bloody thing when cresent was grabbed...was he...

"nemo give us a hoof here!" he said then turned around gauntlet blade drawn and attaced the same hand Last was. He flew on the opposite side of the hand and started slashing away sandwiching the hand between cresents and lasts attacks. They will find out about nemo after the hands are delt with he told himself   

Edited by cwhip9

@@Blitz Boom

@@Melke

Seamore stepped through the portal with Syo in towe, looked around a bit, then poked his head back through the portal. "All clear," he said, then pulled his head back through.

@@Blitz Boom

@@cwhip9

Nemo seemed to be losing his balance for a moment, his front legs going almost limp under his weight. Just then, not only did the second hand reappear, but also a third. The second hand came up through the deck a distance behind Crescent, reaching up, then coming back down toward Crescent, fingers down. The third hand came up through the floor underneath him, the fingers surrounding him. The first hand swung it's clawed fingers at Last, in an attempt to slash her. Her attacks were not in vain for she had cut open the palm revealing more of the sea green under-layer.

@@Denim&Venom

"I even do Origami and write poetry," Miles said 'matter-of-fact'-ly. "Anyway, I must check on the hive connections, so I'll need it to be as quiet as possible." "Your Highness, can you hear me clearly?" he broadcast directly to Queen Allure in a quiet tone so as not to overwhelm her telepathic senses.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@@Seamore Sandwich,

Allure flinched a little as Miles initiated communication. "Yes, I can here you. It seems even low register communication is coming in loud and giving me a bit of a migraine. Luna really did some damage. Thanks to her, my egrogorical synapse feels especially sensitive today."

@@Denim&Venom

"I think I may know why you're so sensitive. I'm guessing you don't celebrate 'The Absence of Thought'? I guess it's just the Cydonia hive that would though..." Miles said aloud. "Give it time, you should be able to adjust to the change just fine. You're just experiencing what you can call a 'restrengthening' of your telepathic senses."

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"No. No we don't. The absence of thought usually leads to drones/foxes doing stupid things.  And essentially, you're saying that which the princesses fail to do to kill me, will only make me stronger?" 

"Hey, since when in tarturus do I not think? I'm always thinking!" 

"Oh where do I start with you?"

@@Blitz Boom

Quinch considered the timeframes. By its account, Vivid Loss was apparently immortal, or at the very least ageless, which was plausible, given the nature of some magical creatures. A settlement that lasted more than a century tended to grow into a city, one that endured a millennium would have normally have become a sprawling metropolis, and there was no skyline that he could see. It mentioned metalworking too, earlier, and by the sound of it, it was being literal. So, either the speed of seasons was vastly sped up, or the local rate of technological growth was almost stagnant. Which might be either good or bad - if there was a ban on technology, he might not exactly be welcome. On the other hand, he could hardly deny that the primary driver of development on Earth just so happened to be large-scale wars.

"It's Quinch," he said. It wasn't his given name, he had a middle and last one too, but he barely used it anymore. If you could choose a name for yourself and use it for all practical intents and purposes, there was no reason not to make it your identity. "As for my home.... hmm, not really. My family, or what I cared about, has been dead for a while, and I haven't really spared the time for... social activities. I suppose there would have been the whole 'protecting your loved ones' principle if I had any relationships, but that's more or less hypothetical."

He paused to think. "Responsibility, I suppose. For what it's worth, there are people there, strangers ranging from mostly to complete, but that doesn't make them any less entitled to a more or less safe life. And the degenerates and narcissists I mentioned earlier.... I'll admit I feel I'm better than them, and it gives me a measure of pride to know that. As long as it's earned."

@@Seamore Sandwich, @@Blitz Boom,

"NOOO!" cresent yelled as the fingers closed in he swung the blade at the fingers then flew up going for a dive, yet he didn't see the 2nd hand above him as he hit it he looked back.

"your not getting me like that" he dove into the hand below him with his blade glowing as it cut into the hand.

Edited by cwhip9

@@Denim&Venom

"It's not exactly what it sounds like. It's a week long holiday where the entire hive stops using their telepathy. As the story goes: In a time of war, a great leader was at a standstill with the enemy, both sides waited for the other to attack, but there was too much risk because both sides were well defended. In order to think of an attack plan, the ruler ordered silence, and it was so. None would speak, none would brodcast a thought, and all were silent. This lasted a whole week, but on the seventh day, the ruler awoke to absolute clarity. She devised an attack strategy that morning, and the war was won by day's end. To celebrate this great victory, for the first week of July, we do not use our telepathy. Although it's called the 'Silent Celebration' it does get quite loud. We party all week, but as you get closer to the center of the hive where the Queen lives, the parties get quieter. The Queen also hosts silent parties for those of higher class. Instead of music, there's colored lights controlled by magic that flows around the room. You haven't seen beauty until you've danced at the Queen's party. There's always one who makes a noise but the punishment is part of the entertainment, it's expected and planned for. The Queen will however visit some of the parties on the outer edge sometimes, but that's rare. Anyway, this time without telepathy allows the Queen's connections to rejuvenate and strengthen, and allows a certain amount of clarity." Miles then switched back to a direct telepathic link, and quietly explained, "Any who make noise are tied up, then tickled by the guests. The one being tickled must try not to laugh, for if they do, the one that made them laugh has then earned a dance with them. It is also considered quite rude not to laugh for the Queen if she decides to partake in this. I figure you might want to celebrate this at some point, and she might be the first to make noise. In that case you can have a bit of fun."

@@Moonlit,

"It can go faster."

The voice seemed like it came out of nowhere, until about a second later when the gate opened up in front of the Pegasus and Siren, and Omen calmly walked out to face them.

"Luna asked if I could get you home. Away from here. If you want, I can-"

She were interrupted when the giggling Ziggy zoomed past her and made her spin a few times on the spot. Considering she had rushed into the gate like that she guessed that she didn't mind going that way, but she didn't think Ziggy was somepony to judge normal from. Not far as she could tell anyway, so it was better to ask Serenade before taking her through here again, this time awake and not as easy to just bring along without question.

"...Get you somewhere else. It's safe. And fast."

@@cwhip9,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

Whilst she managed to avoid being impaled, the claw still managed to slice a few wounds into Last's back, but she didn't care much right now. As she had approached this thing thinking that she had nothing left to loose, she had more or less started to act like a berserker: Attacking without much regards for her own safety, just thinking about cleaving the thing until it stopped moving i a rush of adrenaline and anger.

Her strikes were strong, and the few that missed did theirs to leave the deck damaged here and there, but in the end it would still come down to the base of what would last the longest: The hand, or the rusty blade. Her usual one could handle being used with such force and swung around in this myriad of momentum blows, but unless this had been a particularly exceptional weapon to begin with, it wasn't going to last this forever.

What happened behind her with Crescent she was more or less blind to, and Nemo? Might as well be part of the scenery for all she knew. Unless something happened to make her snap out of this, or the hand faltered and she had to search for a new target, it was unlikely that she was going to be either a help or a hindrance to anypony else.

@@Quinch,

Vivid was surprised at the things he suddenly told her. Not only did she now have a name, which she had not expected would be something she would hear with any degree of ease, but he had also told her some of where he came from, as well as why he wanted to return.

Perhaps they really could have a civilised conversation all things considered then. A thought that made her pause for a little as they rapidly got closer to Ponyville, though still taking a way around so that they would meet the castle as the first thing instead of the townsponies.

"..It sounds like the principles and drive of a great man. Perhaps your city is not so lacking in real heroes at it sounded like after all."

It had been what... A few decades before her imprisonment when she last saw an actual hero? Unlike Quinch, that one had been weak in body and unable to do much, but his words rang as true to the principles of what being an actual hero was as Quinch's did now, and it were somewhat... Humbling to be near.

There was a time when she thought heroes fools. Plunging themselves into what might be death just for the off-chance of glory. But beings such as Quinch were who had showed her that those weren't the actual heroes, as a true one would need glory, payment, or even recognition. They were heroes because somepony needed to be, and from what Quinch now told it sounded like she could count him amongst the ranks of those heroes, even if he might not think of himself that way. Though, if he did, that were not something he had communicated thus far.

"It shouldn't be long before the palace would be in sight. Is there more things that you wonder about Quinch, before we go to meet the newest of the Alicorns?"

@@Melke,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

Briar grinned as the explanation of Syo was cut short by going through the portal, then took a few steppes backwards so him and Brittle were on the side they came from. Just to give them a few seconds to speak.

"It sounds like we have found ourselves some interesting companions my dear, don't you think so?"

"I-I guess, but... The c-cat is scary."

He nodded at the words and slowly raised a hoof to ruffle through her mane a bit, about the same time that Seamore stuck his head through to confirm that the path were clear.

"Have no fear Brittle. If anything happens, I will handle it. Just like I did back then, but this time without leaving you behind."

Brittle felt a little better at the words, and a vague smile spread on her face briefly. Words alone couldn't take away her worry, and she still feared dad she would suddenly find that he were gone and she were alone again, butit was still good to hear those words from him. And she believed the first part without much doubt, even as they walked through the portal, this time to join the others fully. Still, she hoped that nothing happened. The spider had been bad enough in her mind.

(on the other side of the portal)

"So far so good, yes? Were do we go from here Seamore?"

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"Ooh that does sound like fun. I'd totally buck everything up!"

"You would. It does sound nice. Unfortunately our hive didn't have time for that or any celebrations. Out in the badlands, it's diamond dog eat diamond dog. Every Queen out there is struggling for supremacy. When love is running low, you need all the power you can get. More power attained, more love acquired, more competition for that love taken out of the game. Dethrone a rival queen, and you've already removed one of the biggest takers of a precious resource, while increasing your own task force for acquiring more. 

Every hive had to be on guard. Stealthily infiltrate. Take some love. Sneak across the wasteland undetected. And if possible, capture enemy agents that are doing the same. Pretty much how Chrysalis became so powerful, except she was far more audacious and cutthroat. And rather then cast off queens, she tossed them into her echelon. Sure, they took more love, but they got a lot more done, and her power expanded because of it. She made them her own hoof soldiers, cannon fodder... chamber maids... hatchery nurses... concubines... breeding...stock..." Each term came out a little quieter, and a little harder, than the last. A keen eye would notice a bit of shaking.

Allure took in a deep, shaky breath. "Life in the badlands could afford no such luxury. A feudal warzone wherever you went. And with Chrysalis gone, I didn't think it was possible, but things have gotten worse. And that not even including acquiring the ire of Ponykind, exposing ourselves and setting them on the path to war.   Hence why 'we', are all here. The last place ponies would look, a place too dangerous for them to pursue.  A place so far into enemy territory, my rivals would dare not follow. 

And when you're trying to establish a stable hive in the heart of the everfree forest, no ling has the time or energy for such graces. Securing our survival, always comes first. And will be so for a very logn time I'm afraid." 

"Wow. Killjoy much?"

@Blitz Boom

Quinch shrugged at what might have been meant by praise, or flattery. In normal circumstances, it might have made a difference. "Pity not the land that lacks a hero," he said. "Pity the land that needs one. Someone someone," he added after a brief pause as he futilely tried to remember whatever high-school reading assignment writer came up with it.

He could see what was presumably the castle, strange crystal spires and angles that put him ill at ease, and that meant he was probably running out of time to decide. For all its geniality, he only had its word that the reason they were avoiding the town was to keep him from spooking the locals that saw him. But it also conveniently prevented him from actually seeing anything that wasn't presented to him.

"Is there more things that you wonder about Quinch, before we go to meet the newest of the Alicorns?"

He didn't really know what kind of a threat Vivid Loss could be - teleportation was apparently something it was able to pull off, but if it was used as an envoy for a demon, he'd be surprised if it wasn't capable - or at the very least had been - of other unpleasantries. But ultimately, anything that happened would depend on intent, either Vivid's or his own. At the very least, he could take the initiative.

"I guess you could say that,"  he said lifting his arm up, fingers twirling around the wingtip as he swung the helmet back onto his head in an unbroken, practiced motion. "Seeya."

And took off running.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Blitz Boom,  

"Well, let's go! I wonder if my friend is nearby... Can't sense him earlier though." Syo said as she just sat on Seamore and let the ponies do the walking. She held onto the sack of seeds carefully, remembering last night's experience with the strange trees.

"Hm... before I go..." Syo said as she used her key staff to take up some essence of this dimension. "Another world for the dimensional map~"

The essence on the staff flew up and became a ball of light that flew into the key staff's crystal.