Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Moonlit,

"Oooh, I guess it makes sense that you want Luna to get you sorted then. I'll keep it in mind."

Ziggy didn't react much to the notion of Serenade becoming a big scary monster, beyond getting a more curious look in her eyes.

She didn't want to be in the middle of something like that happening, and she were sure that Serenade didn't want it either cause why then warn her? But it didn't mean that she didn't wonder what it were going to be like if it happened. Sure it could be dangerous, but so could falling through a roof be, or having something fall on you, or a thousand other random things that might happen. Not something she cared to waste her time worrying about frankly.

"What can trigger your primal nature though? Stress? Hunger? Annoyance? I guess being attacked is a given in some way, since survival instinct is another part of ones inner nature, but what else can make things go badly?"

@@Melke,

@@AmberDust,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@GingerLightning,

@@Lonk Chase,

The Timberpup turned around, looking like it were ready to attack when it felt something touch its tail. This was usually the sort of thing that happened back when the other pups wanted to play with it, and he were ready to pounce, but... There weren't anything there.

Meeko looked confused around, looking he were searching for something that should be there whilst sniffing around, but not catching anything in particular in any direction. Or well, not anything he would know were any kind of attacker, and no other Timberwolf.

Much as Sisilia would have hoped for it, Meeko did not seem to find interest in hunting his own tail, but rather find out who or what it had been poking him. Though he seemed to also be inexperienced enough to not know how to handle things correctly, so there was some confusion at least. Perhaps that would amuse her.

Meanwhile, Brittle had inches herself a little tot he side to get a closer look at Ginger and took a nervous gulp, not sure if she would just ignore her again if it were, but wanting to get a better look at the strange one at least. From what she had just said it sounded like she Were a Changeling, but only half. Were she one who had been stopped in the cocooning too? But why didn't she have insect wings then? Were she born like this instead?

Brittle were curious, but right now she dared not to say something. There were a lot of creatures here all of a sudden and it made her hesitant to draw any attention to herself, especially since some of the gathered ones had fangs and sharp teeth.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@cwhip9,

Last had creaked open the doorway when it had appeared, thinking that it would contain another dreamer and perhaps the location of the elusive Nemo, though she did not look forward to fight him again without a blade by her side. Or well, she Did have a blade by her side, but not one that she could use currently, and the rusty one from earlier had vanished. It had not been ideal either, but it had been something to work with at least, and a stroke of luck that she couldn't rely on in every dream.

She found pause in her step though when she looked through the door and saw what was behind it, thinking no more on how to fight Nemo if he were here as the familiarities of the scene behind the door radiated at her.

The Shrine, standing tall and fortified as ever, were before her, though this was not like the one she had grown up in. The stones where she were had been replaced many times, and carried signs of many battles, whilst this looked... Fresher. Still scorn by battles, but it didn't have the same look of being ancient as the one she had known for most of her life.

There were no doubt with her that this were the place though. Even with this little part of it she could see, the centre that she looked upon were unmistakably recognisable as the spot where, many feet below, the inner sanctum that they had protected for so long, laid.

She didn't say a word to Crescent, momentarily forgetting about him as she wandered forward towards the pony who seemed to be in the focus on this dream. finding vague memories of this one resurfacing with every step she took. Images mostly from the tomes where the pictures and names of the first generation and the big names since then appeared, but finding something more from the tales that her parents had told her when they were still alive.

Walking on the familiar stones and ignoring everything else around her for the time being, she focused on steadily approaching this pony until she were the standard meter distance away from her, at which point Last stopped and saluted the mare who wore the inscribed armor that most had done even in her own time, though she had not been one of those for a while.

Not that the armor were not practical, and she had little doubt that most - like her sister - kept theirs with them, but when she had adorned one they had a shortage of metal and some were forced to chose between having the metal for a blade or for armor. She had chose the first, and it had been in the works that she were to receive a new one as they had the armor of some of the fallen they could reforge and make her a fitting one, but Princess Luna had terminated their duty before such a thing managed to happen.

Not that all pieces of armor and such were melted down. Some were made from some really good stuff and got passed down through generations, but it always went to the strongest foal, and in her family the surviving armor from ages past had gone to exactly that. Which were her sister.

"Reporting for duty ma'am."

Outside in the hall, if Crescent would pay attention to things more than Last did and/or were lagging somewhat behind, he would perhaps be able to notice something slithering quickly along the floor, in through the open door, and head towards the two mares.

CZfAJ9zXEAAU16q.jpg

(Glaucus Atlanticus sea slug, found picture on Google. Just imagine it with an actual face, and floating in air instead of water.)

It was about a half meter long, slender and seemed to have six wings that seemed to help it stay in the air and navigate as it floated silently and skilfully towards the Shrine at a height of about the length of a regular pony's leg. It seemed strange, but whatever or not it were a danger would be to be seen.

The Everspirit himself didn't think that he were dangerous though. Curious, of course, but dangerous? Not far as he knew. He had just picked this unusual shape that he had seen in a dream of some marine biologist shortly after being freed from his tree and thought it might be fun to wander around like that for a bit. Granted, it were much smaller there and were in water, but in dreams anything could happen, and he did think this was kinda neat. Sure he didn't have arms, but the tendril-wings could hold things well if it were so far, though he still tried to getting used to being squishy.

@@EQ_Theta,

Omen looked at the trinket. It were shiny, and looked like it were specially made, but beyond that it didn't tell her much.

Going a little closer Omen sniffed the air around the trinket, seeing if she could find a trace to go by, but she couldn't pinpoint anything. Either somepony was shielding the energy, or his sister were one of the rare beings that just couldn't be tracked by her kin.

"Strange she isn't here with it. Why would she hide?"

She didn't want to take away the good part in that tehey were now a step closer to perhaps finding his siter, but it just seemed odd to her that the sister in question wouldn't be here with the trinket. Was she playing a game? Or had she been taken by something?

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom,"The last time it happened, I was about 6 years old. Just a foal, my dad said I caused the worst riot in Baltimare history." She chuckles a bit, "I can never figure out if the old stallion is joking or not." Serenade walks over to a bookshelf, "There is not alot of writings on Siren biology, history, etc." She pauses as she takes a book from the shelf, "As I said before, Sirens have....a reputation in Equestria, Mainly thanks to The Three Sisters. From what I've discovered myself is that along as I don't sing The Old Songs, and keep my feeding to just the ambient background, and I don't face Primordial's.....Changelings to you...the primal Siren in me stays dormant." She puts the book down in front of Ziggy, "As far as I can tell, I'm the only Siren in Ponyville and Canterlot, except Miss Sparkle reeks of Siren magic." Her tone of voice changes when she talks about Twilight Sparkle, almost as if she's not on the friendliest of terms with the Princess. "The book is for you, it contains some of my medical records and some anatomical drawings my former Doctor and I hoofcopied from ancient texts. I figure, since your my new doctor, you need to know these things" 

@@Blitz Boom, @@Seamore Sandwich, Cresents jaw dropped seeing the pony in ornate armor with the flaming sword seeing Last move towards it he sad "last wait" she kept going and he decided to follow. Then seeing the spirit pass by him made him stop in wonder of it. He was never use to seeing spirits and was trying to gage weather which was dangerous or not.  

It seemed friendly if not curious, the curious side was getting to him so he began to follow the spirit "hey um, excuse me" he said trying to catch up to it

@@Blitz Boom

We apologize for grievances past.

Too much history we have relayed

To those who knew it first.

Reconciliation beckons us.

Vivid Loss you know

Your glowing scars show

A history long and cold.

All we said drew from them.

Cadence and Armor

Your privacy secured

Though of role we asked

And answer none received.

(Andante draws a symbol in the dirt)

In blackness revealed

The knowledge we sought

Magick, esoteric and light

Magick, dark and awful

@@Blitz Boom,

This discovery elated Senlin, now more eager to push onward. There was much rejoicing but it will have to wait until the reunion actually happens. Right now, there might be some traces of her elsewhere. A few claw markings etched to the trees might point in the right direction. 

"She might have noticed you and wanted to subtly draw my attention. She's a curious one but expresses it in a highly cautious manner. Once you meet her, she'll shed her more reserved shell and be ecstatic! We should proceed with caution, though. We're not out of the woods yet."

Senlin moved to the nearby trees and looked for any sign that can help the search progress. He thought to himself that things were finally getting better.

@@Blitz Boom

@@cwhip9

The dream seemed to fade slightly, but only for a moment, as if the one who created it were struggling to keep the dream intact. Then the pony of old spoke, "I have stood guard here for many centuries, waiting for this day, yet hoping it would not come. One thousand years ago, we were asked to guard an ancient artifact, but only a few of us were told of its true purpose. The purpose itself were a secret kept so those who possessed it would know not how to use it. 'Twas a gem of great size, and it acted as a seal to keep a powerful beast that roamed the ethereal plane locked away. Not much else about the beast was told to us but we were assured that its escape could bring about the fall of Equestria or even the world if left unchecked. It was I who agreed to have our family guard the shrine, my descendants not knowing what it was that they protected. Those who had come to claim it knew not what they sought, only that it was well guarded, but that was enough reason to try to take it. It has been told that the Ananasi, a spider people, know more. Every one thousand years this gem is protected by a different clan, and they were next in line to guard it. Over these many centuries my power has grown weak and I no longer have the strength to slay this beast myself, and thus I bestow upon you this ethereal blade, the true relic of your bloodline. Those who die wielding it will carry it with them through the veil of death, as I have. Take it, and avenge all who have fallen to keep this beast at bay." She presented her blade to Last. The dream faded a bit again, she might not be able to keep it stable much longer.

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom

[just outside Ponyville]

Quinch shrugged at Zhu. "Far as I can tell, you're talking in riddles anyway. Which is fine in and of itself, honestly, but I think I've already wasted enough time by accident, I don't really feel like I need to do it on purpose too. Now, by the sound of it, you and Vivid," he nodded at her, "have some things to discuss. I don't mind waiting, though, if you two need to take your time, since if the past five minutes were anything to judge by, it might be worth sticking together just to keep each other out of trouble."

@@SugarfootWillie,

@@Quinch,

"My words lack meaning without understanding what I do, and what you see as riddles I see as the only way to speak the truth. At least until what is to come have passed."

Zhu laid down on his stomach and fell silent for a little again as he raised his head to glance towards Adante and Vivid. The last of whom were currently looking over Adante with a raised eyebrow and a somewhat impressed look in her eyes.

"Going such a route to learn the truth? Slightly invasive, but I'm impressed."

She wasn't joking about that. Whilst she did not like others messing around in what was essentially her business, she could not help but being impressed that he had found out that a way like this to learn the truth. Not something that would work on actual Demons often, as the higher rung had protective spells to stop others from doing exactly that, but somepony like her hadn't the means to protect against all things, and an underhooved technique like thisshe hadn't even thought would happen.

Not many signs were still there of the brief demonic interference on Equestria from what she had seen since her release, so she hadn't thought that anypony would be able to find a dark spell like this specifically targeting those who had been hit by that influence. But it seemed like she didn't give Equestrian historians enough credit. Nor who would spot that she were part of that.

"You seem to know a lot about me. Perhaps I could get to know you a little better as well?"

Vivid took a step closer with a curious, and less scrutinising look than she had so far. This pony was starting to become rather interesting. Zhu thought so as well, but in another capacity that he could ponder over, but saw little reason to. Soon a foul wind would blow over town, and then they would see if all three of these would remain interesting, or if they would be swept away by it.

"You said I had thinks to speak with her about Human. Of that you are correct, but it is not with her alone. Though I bring something she will need to thread lines together, you all hold interest, and you will all have questions that will need answering. Yet though the time draws near, something else does too. When that have passed, we can speak of what might be."

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@cwhip9,

Last listened intently to all the words that were said by her ancestor. Words that sounded far fetched in a way, though in others made a good deal of sense.

Whilst in her time they had never been told what they were guarding, and she therefore could not verify if this were true, having this creature locked up in a remote and normally inhospitable environment would be a good tactic, and she could believe that her majesty had thought so as well once upon a time. It would explain why they had to guard it so fiercely from those trying to take it, and why they were resigned to be in a place were no recorded history would remember them. It would keep them away from most of the prying eyes.

It were strange that they had not known generation upon generation what exactly were there, but perhaps it were a matter of trust. They had defectors now and again after all, and having one them have a go at releasing what lurked inside the inner sanctum or sell off the secret for personal gain to dark forces would not bode well. Nor would it if some were captured and it were tortured out of them.

Though there were certainly also questions to be asked about this, it seemed as if the dream around them would not stand long enough for her to answer them as it looked right now. Though mainly of course the question would have been about these Ananasi spiders, and if she had a description of them since it had dawned on Last during the explanation that there Were a giant crystal being broken the night before this horror started to spread around, and a spider had also been involved there.

It would also lead over into how such an important object were left to beings who would leave a carrier for it in the middle of a forest with no guards anywhere, but that would be grievance for another time. Though she would say that if this were who they had been replaced with, she would question whoever her majesty got word from that these would be good for the job, cause it seemed like it had not been thought through.

"As I swore to Princess Luna, so do I to you that I will honour our duty and our ancestors, and carry with me the burden you have held for this long."

She bowed before her ancestor and took the offered blade, sinking her teeth into the handle and feeling the odd sensation of the strange sword that her family had thought lost generation upon generation ago. To carry this were an honour she did not take lightly, and neither would she the duty that now laid upon her shoulders.

Meanwhile, not far from them, the Everspirit had stopped up from hearing what the bat pony behind him had said and turned around to face the fanged Equine.

"Oh, hey there. Sorry to just slip in like that and ignoring you, but I hadn't expected this place to show up all of a sudden and I got a little curious."

The big, reflective onyx eyes of the spirit fell on Crescent with wonder in their depths, thinking about what a fun creature this looked like. It were likely the wings really, as he had always dreamt about having some of his own in all that time being a tree, but there were other things that had drawn him towards these two and he couldn't ignore that just to look at this one more and more. Not considering the urgency that had been in the others voices when they told him and a few others to look for these two.

"Anyway, think we could go get her really fast? I have so many questions, but... Nonono, things are urgent. We need you both to come along before it's too late and the nightmare kills what's left of our brother."

@@EQ_Theta,

Well, she supposed that could be. Many had called her strange, and Senlin Had said that their kind were reclusive, so it were reasonable enough to have some caution in a sense since she didn't know her and weren't aware that Omen's kind were not aggressive creatures by nature.

Seeing Senlin look at nearby trees to try and find some tracks more than likely, Omen started to look in another direction, looking for something... Strange she supposed? It were hard to tell. though perhaps the claw marks on this tree her eyes had fallen upon were unusual in the way he looked for? It could just be a Timberwolf or something other of the many things out here with claws, but he would know better.

"Is this hers?"

@@Moonlit,

"Yey, medical papers."

Ziggy clapped her hooves excitedly when she were told what it were that Serenade had put down in front of her. Words were good, and she loved talking with others, but in the long run these sort of papers were the better option as they told a precise language about the being in question. Granted, it would often not make sense for non-doctors, but that were an unfortunate side effect of making it easier for the medical society to get things right.

She flipped a little through it, getting an impression on things before rising her head an look at Serenade with curious eyes once more.

"So Changelings being some sort of natural enemy I get, but what was that with the princess? I'm pretty sure that she's a pony from the things I've heard around here. Oh, or do you mean she have been around some Sirens and some sort of latent energy clings to her? Guess that'd be kinda scary if she were controlled or something.

Or do you mean like, some kind of Actual magic? What kind would that be? Mind distortion or something like that?"

@@Blitz Boom,

Senlin approached Omen's location and examined the marks.

"I don't believe its hers. The claw marks here dug deep into the wood but knowing Lin, she doesn't make a marking this deep, and usually leaves something else behind along with the mark. Sometimes, it was cross-shaped, other times, it was a set of parallel lines. Let's look elsewhere."

The tail Twilight imbued with magic is no longer of use, the magical aura that once surrounded it disappeared and it now lay motionless on the ground. Senlin returned to it and carried it on his back as a memento of the occasion. He then approached a moss-covered rock and the trees surrounding it, noticing random markings on the trees behind the ones he went up to.

"Huh... one line horizontal on this one, the one behind it vertical." You're methods have changed, Lin. If this is your doing, what are you trying to tell me?

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@Blitz Boom, Serenade sighs, "She is an Pony, I met her shortly after she moved to Ponyville, and in my position I knew her as Celestia's student. But recently, she's...reeked, i believe is the correct word, of Siren magic, OLD and corrupted Siren magic. I believe she's recently been around The Three Sisters, and if the stories about them are even half-true, I want to stay as far away from her as possible."

Serenade coughs, then blushes, "By extension, you will also smell of Siren magic to other sirens, and possibly Primordials."

@Everyone

The Forgotten One sped through the forest until he came upon the Planting Field. He saw another victim that seemed weak enough for his limited power. Young Brittle would not know of his presence until she found herself held in his claws, his four eyes glowing red, as too did his mouth, making him almost look like a tall black jack o' lantern. The sky and the ground turned white, sounds were slightly muffled. If she screamed, those nearby would not hear it, but the naturally attuned would sense her fear, maybe even as far as Ponyville.

The seed she was carrying began to glow brightly, then in a flash of light, The Forgotten One was pushed back, and she would be returned to the others.

"Such a nuisance," he said in a low grumbling voice before continuing toward Ponyville. Along the way, he came across a spirit roaming the woods and he smiled, devouring her as she screamed. This scream could be heard, but only by Vivid Loss and those else who could hear the spirits.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@@Blitz Boom@@Quinch,

Stories well recounted

We will share for thee

A story long and old

A story about to be told

Stories well recounted

By wise-men aboard,

We bequeath our story

As told since olde.

Hear me, all ye hallowed beings,

Both high and low of Equine Children:

Thou wilt, Listener, that I well set forth

The birth of my world which as first I recall.

I call to mind the roots of trees

Which long ago did give me life.

Ages I know, sages have told

Since virgin lands ‘neath trot-beat broke.

In times before time womb water flows

Was nor moon nor sun nor Equestria

Neither Luna flew nor Celestia

But a gaping nothing, and green things nowhere.

Was the land then lifted aloft by Thunder-lied

Who made Gaia, the matchless earth;

Her blood, flowing. Her breath, fanning.

On the ground then grew the greensward soft

The heavens and earth disorder held

The sun knew not what seat he had,

The stars knew not what stead they held,

The moon knew not what might she held

Then gathered together the gods for counsel,

The holy hosts, and held converse;

To night and new moon their names they gave,

The morning named, and midday also,

Forenoon and evening, to order the year.

Together then from thurses came,

Maidens three awful in might

To counsel the gods together gathered.

Fating their worlds, weaving webs.

To the shore then shown, serene and fair,

From the gathered gods three great witches;

On the land they found, of little strength,

Ask and Embla, unfated yet.

Sense they possessed not, soul they had not,

Being nor bearing, nor blooming hue;

Soul gave the first, sense gave second,

Being, third, and blooming hue.

Millennia pervade our people since,

As the gods returned, and counsel held.

Class they created, and labors too.

For equine to work, and living earn.

Peasants plow the greensward soft,

Preparing for winter, when food grows not.

Middle men crafts create, mending tools,

For tools need peasants, to reap and sow

The Konig my ponies claim

Rig and righteous, reign the land.

Lavish and loving, gold they spared;

Leaving the worthless with worthy good.

Arts they created, and gaiety shared.

Knowledge of old, wisdom yet told.

To their children passed, the way of life;

Adding further, to what fathers forged.

Millennia further pass, and fostered me,

From gods and kings, my being canters;

To the scherzo of life, and greater sonata,

Before you here, and before in past.

Much we have told, of our history old.

Since time beginning and present set,

More we can say, for sight like birds

In past and future glimps: do ye wit more, or how?

@@Blitz Boom,

Ginger Lightning was going to pet Meeko but noticed Britte out of the corner of her eye and was, at first, was frightened of her and it was quite obvious based on her shocked expression as though she saw something terrifying...But She quickly calmed down and she smiled.

" I'm sorry, you took me by surprise. I don't see changelings that often...In fact, you're one of the only changelings I have ever seen...I want to ask you some question if that wouldn't be too rude."    Ginger Lightning said looking at Brittle as though she were one of the seven pony wonders of the equestrian world...

Strike looked at the picture that Stargazer had shown her. The figure that she had seen did not look exactly the same but it was certainly the right suspect. Strike nodded.

"Yeah that's the guy that I saw. I am pretty sure. Have you confirmed it with the Commander?" Strike asked.

@@Officer Strike,

"No. This is your case and you are a witness much like the others, so going to you first were a priority. Besides, I do not know who your commander are. I were only told that there were a presence of Solar Guards in town, not who led them or any names in particular. I can't rule out that it might be somepony I know, but we can go and meet him or her now and then I can see for myself. It would likely be for the better to know who I have to work with beyond you around here, and if we have a positive ID now, the more eyes on this we have the better. Hay, perhaps somepony even know who this is."

Stargazer looked down on the picture he had of the suspect, taking note of a few things before he packed the notebook under his belt again. Just in case he lost the notebook it were for the better to try and memorise some things so he could redraw it, though that information wouldn't stay in his head indefinitely. Hopefully, it wouldn't have to for long either and they could get on with the job at hoof.

@@SugarfootWillie,

@@Quinch,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

Though she still did not get everything he were speaking about, Vivid got the gist of things and what sounded like a mythology lesson of old gods.

Vivid did not really believe in gods per se, but she did hold belief in embodiments of the natural world, such as life, death, good and evil. Pantheons of many things that granted could be perceived as gods, but for her more seemed like the natural buildings blocks of creation. Not who had started it, but the first bricks of what all others had been made from since then until their very essence were part of everything. Passive parts of the greater picture more than active beings towering upon creation.

Death more than anything were the prime of all things in her mind, and she knew the pantheon of that existed. Though she had never seen his or her face personally, the Reapers that harvested the dead to send on to the lands beyond were evidence in her mind that the most final of all the pantheons were out there somewhere, though she doubted she would ever meet this centre of the inevitable.

She had a few more things to think about that, as well as a few things to say to the sneaky way of Adante to tell a good deal without actually divulging any details about himself, when suddenly she heard a noise that vibrated through the air and bore into her skull, making her loose her balance briefly and sway with a pained expression on her face.

"No... I-it shouldn't..."

After a brief moment she regained her stance and looked quickly towards the direction where she had heard the scream with a look over her that showed that the pain was slowly turning to anger. Which in time would turn to full blown fury when she would find whoever it were that had made that sound happen.

It were a long time ago since she had last heard the sound of a spirit scream in agony beyond the one that tended to bind them to this world, but it were not something she could forget. The sound were haunting and scarring, testing those that heard it as well as whoever were the one who had uttered such a scream. But not whatever cold-hearted thing were making it happen in the first place.

In her days it had mostly been necromancers who had not cared for the part of their magic that regarded them seeking to respect the dead that gave them power, that had made the lingering spirits scream out like this as they had tormented the souls to bend them to their will, but she hadn't thought that beings such as that were still around in these more peaceful times. Yet now it sounded like it was yet another thing she was wrong about today, though this she could at least fix.

"Something is coming. Something evil."

With that she took off in medium speed towards the direction she had heard the scream, ignoring the flashes of cold going over her as best she could when some of her clothes would momentarily leave her coat from the movement and the chill of this world went to her bones. She hated this feeling, but not as much as she hated those who would try and spread misery to those who had already lived through it once, and though she could not go into a full sprint because she might accidentally end up having some cloth wave to much and inch her rapidly towards being frozen where she stood she would move as fast as she could then to try and apprehend who had done this.

Granted, she could have *teleported* towards it, but in case it were something headed towards Ponyville she would need every ounce of her magic to fight against it or him/her, depending on if you viewed those who tormented the dead as beings instead of cruel things.

Considering where they currently stood, as she and Quinch had still gotten some of the angle around towards the castle done when they had walked towards Twilight's domain before, she had to cross part of town to get to the exit that would lead the way to where she had heard the scream. Hopefully this wouldn't delay her so that her target went away, or in case her paranoia were right and this were something headed towards town, that she would not be so late that it got within city limits. She would really prefer not to have civilians caught in this if it could be helped.

@@GingerLightning,

"I-I... I don't..."

Brittle shifted uncomfortably and lowered her head a little more towards the ground, looking up on Ginger like she expected the stranger to bite her or something any second now.

"I d-don't... Know many t-things...I can t-try...?"

Her voice fitted well the nervous look and stance, low and stammering as it were, but she tried to say something at least. It were a market improvement over how things usually went, though it were anypony's guess how well it were going to go as her interaction with others usually didn't go as one might hope most of the time.

@@Moonlit,

"Siren perfume. 100% natural."

Ziggy giggled as she imagined how a commercial for a bottle of that stuff would look like. She got to around the point where the commercial would talk about side effects of Changeling repelling - or roughly 20 seconds for Serenade - before she snapped out of it and quenched her giggling a little.

"Hehe, sorry. I sometimes get weird images in my head. So Changelings are gonna act weird around me then? Should I just hug extra many of them to counter things then?"

@@Blitz Boom,"Hugging might work, I've never actually tried that, since Sirens and Changelings get along like Ponies and Timberwolves. Just thinking about them is probably raising my blood pressure." Serenade chuckles, "I'm sure there would be ponies out there will to pay a lot of bits for Siren perfume." 

@@Blitz Boom, "So, what is it like being in a changeling hive? And what does love taste like? And why are you scared of me? don't you know I am only thirteen and technically still a filly?" Ginger Lightning Asked Brittle  and that was only the beginning of  the questions that Ginger Lightning asked...

@@Melke

@@Blitz Boom

@@AmberDust

@@Lonk Chase

@@GingerLightning

(Before the attack)

Sissilia turned to face the forest, raised her head up, and and let out a hiss like a angry cat or a threatened cobra would. She felt the presence of The Forgotten One, and it made her uneasy.

@Everyone

The Forgotten One continued on its path to Ponyville, passing right by Vivid unseen, but not unnoticed. The disruption in the Ethereal plane would tell her that something were there, but not specifically where, though a trail were formed that could possibly be followed if she took a moment to focus on it. She also might be able to sense Charlie's presence, as he was trying to reach out to her with powers that would not work as well outside the Realm of Dreams.

Nearby, a spirit cowered in fear of what he saw, his head to the ground, hooves covering his head and eyes, his whole body shaking in fear. The beast continued on into Ponyville, undeterred.

@@EQ_Theta,

Omen didn't have any luck finding other marks than the ons she were looking at. Not something that spoke to her at least, but considering that tracking like this wasn't her speciality it was hardly surprising. Nor was it that when she looked over at Senlin again when he spoke, it seemed as if he had found something.

Walking calmly over to him she looked at the signs on the tree. It wasn't much in her eyes, but it held meaning for him from what it sounded and looked like, and she wouldn't question if he were right. He knew both tracking and his sister better than she would be able to, so following his lead made sense.

"Well found."

@@Moonlit,

"Oh, you'd be Amazed what can be sold in Las Pegasus. The more exotic it is the more the interest is, even if it doesn't make any sense to have around, and I've never even Heard of anypony selling something Siren-related before. If it were authenticated it could be a goldmine."

Sure, there were Some things that were only fads for a short while, but even those had a spike in sales because it were something new and exciting. You could earn a good chunk of cash on those with lots of bits and not much else to use it on.

@@Blitz Boom"Or a disaster as Ponies realize that a creature from myth is living among them, but yes...let's go with Goldmine" She smiles, "So any more questions before...whenever Rainbow Dash gets here." Serenade heads over to her rock, leaps up and settles down. "I wonder what Princess Luna told her about me"

@@Blitz Boom

Senlin turned to Omen and gave an assuring smile and nod before turning back to the marked trees and examined the strange indents. 

"What do you make of these? One mark on each tree, moving further and further away from where we're standing. Not even uniform; all scratched in different directions. Puzzling if it's something to go by."

Even with those hints, there were still other places to look. But he needed to be sure of the markings first before looking elsewhere. 

@@Blitz Boom, @@Seamore Sandwich, "its ok really most pony's who see me asking them to stop keep running but then again, your not a pony or am I being rude? Sorry if I am but I feel you on the curious bit it tends to get me in trouble" Cresent said scratching his mane. He looked at last talking to the fiery pony and seeing her get a very fine looking sword, looking back at the spirit.  

"so you know what's going on here then, good. any chance we could have night mother help us too?" he asked the spirit. Cresent still had a ruff idea what was happening around him yet the trainload of questions was forming in his head about everything else.  

was this a trustful spirit, was it not, how did it know nemo, dose it know nemo or Luna, and how could he get out of here and not be forgotten. a side of him wondered how emerald was doing to...

@@cwhip9,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"No, I don't really know anything about what's happening here. The others Everfree spirits told me to go find the batpony and the swordsmare, and help them get on their way before the evil one went too far away, but this place? I'm not sure what this is. It looks like a dream, but it doesn't feel the same."

The spirit turned it's head and looked at the unstable signs that were showing here and there in this place, pointing towards a few with one of his tentacle-wings.

"See? Dreams don't fall apart like this so close after appearing. Not from what I know at least. We have to get to the pony and get her out of here before the whole place goes away. I don't... I don't wanna be here if that happens."

The spirit shivered, thinking on the potential of what could happen here instead of focusing on everything he were asked, such as where Luna might be. Though, that were a question that he couldn't answer. He guessed she were in the waking world somewhere, but beyond that he hadn't a clue. He had pretty much been ripped away from idleness into this storm unprepared, been given a few basic instructions and then told to hurry along with the others that went searching for these.

There were things to say to these two amongst those few instructions, but for now the nervous spirit were more concerned with getting the two of them out of here before it would mean nothing. If they were lost, they couldn't help their own world, nor the Everfree brother Charlie If it were even possible to do anything against the terrible foe they wanted to send these two Forgotten Ones at that were.

@@EQ_Theta,

"A test? Chose a way, hope it haves more marks?"

It had seemed easy enough on the surface. Follow tracks, find whoever set them. But when the tracks were many and with little uniformity in them, it started to go strange and the path ahead be clouded. And if even Senlin wasn't sure of how to track it, what were their purpose if they were set by his sister? Shouldn't it be in a way so he would know exactly what he were to do?

Many questions, and she herself had little to no answers to give. Whoever were toying with them would know, but who or what were that? Senlin seemed to think it were his sister, but Omen had doubts. She didn't think this to be the work of her master, but another one playing tricks were possible. Otherwise, why did they had to jump through hoops? Just because she were not certain about Omen?

More questions with no answers, and still none that helped figure out what to do at this point in time.

@@Moonlit,

"I just hope I can catch her by surprise this time."

Ziggy got a glimmer in her eyes that could be described as when a dog found a new toy and were ready to pounce on it playfully for the first time.

"I've seen Rainbow Dash a few times and she's Really fast. Usually I can catch ponies, but the two times I tried to get her she got away. Though I got reeeeally close the last time though. Almost had a hoof around her, but then she suddenly zoomed away and I had to give up."

She pouted for a moment, looking disappointed over what she told before cheering up in a heartbeat again and took a quick glance at the medical folder in front of her.

"Anyway, I think this will hold most of the important answers, although... Hmm, I guess I could ask: Beyond Changelings, are there anything that you can't handle? like important allergies? Just in case I can't get this read in time and gets something bad near you."

@@Melke,

@@AmberDust,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@GingerLightning,

@@Lonk Chase,

Brittle was trying to get a nervous response out at Ginger, telling how she didn't know the answers to t least the question about that hive, before something fell over her.

She couldn't see anything. It just felt like something were taking a hold of her, and then a sudden darkness started to fall over her sight as panic and a sinking feeling of being alone again roamed in her being. Then, just as suddenly as it had begun, it were gone. She were standing next to Briar, the others were still around them and beyond the hissing Sisilia things seemed to be the same.

It didn't stop the panic attack she felt though, and she started to spin around herself, feeling like her heart was going to explode through her chest as everything and everypony around her began to look more menacing and dangerous in the panicked state she were in right now. Normally this would make her go through rapid transformations, but the seed were still on her and repressed that part of her.

Eventually, after a few seconds of looking like she were trapped in a nightmare with no exit, she fell flat to her belly, put her hooves over her head and started to whimper whilst the tears rolled down from her eyes.

Briar felt more or less what were going on, but there weren't a catalyst this time from what he could tell. She would have run if the spider had been there, and he couldn't feel anything move around them that wasn't there usually. All he could do were to listen helplessly as Brittle had another breakdown and eventually began to cry again.

"I... What happened? Did somepony do something?"

He turned his head, *looking* towards a few with confusion stamped upon both his face and his voice. Going through the ranks of Ginger first, then through Lonk and the others before finally facing Sisilia, whom he thought might have taken notice of Something at least considering she had hissed before.

"Please tell me. did anything occur?"

@@Blitz Boom,

"This isn't normal for her but I can't rule out caution. She was the puzzling type, and one who liked puzzles. Maybe this is one? Let me have a closer look because I may have missed something."

There was an old puzzle that some longma used to train perception, a way to improve one's depth of field. Images appeared sharper up close but if trained well, the sharpness of vision could be made equal regardless of distance. It was a difficult way to train, usually leaving many like him unable to see well for days. But there was no time to train, Senlin had to try.

He looked at the closest mark, then shifted focus to the next one just slightly further away, and repeated it. It put a strain on his eyes but he was beginning to see much larger image. He was about to finish when what he feared most with this visual exercise hit him. He quickly pulled his eyes away and had them kept shut.

"Really painful exercise there. The clue is pointing forward; it's an arrow with the many other lines forming her name symbol. Can you give me a minute? My eyes need some time to rest lest I accidentally blind myself."

@@Blitz Boom, Serenade chuckles, "Have you considered, perhaps pouncing her when she's standing still?....like THIS" Serenade suddenly leaps forwards, aiming for a hug around Ziggy. Regardless if she missed or connected Serenade giggles, "and no, no major allergies".