Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

" So uh-" " Wait, how are you gonna clean clouds when only Pegasi can do things with clouds? Plus, no thanks, I like the clouds around here" Musical says, not noticing the scissor "Well..."

Before she could finish, Musical's dog barks at the scissor, and Musical turns behind him " Huh- is that a scissor...pointed to my tail?"

" Um...bye!" Heart throws the scissor at Musical's face, and then she teleports away with it

" ...Who was she?"

@@Blitz Boom

Veil looked at Florence with concern again as though he could tell something else was wrong with other then a typical injury.

"I apologies for accusing you for being one of them. Its not easy for me to trust others after this unicorn I put alot of trust into for many years and realized I was fooled by her, that and griffins don't really have that positive reputation either".

@Dark Horse 

@Glike 

At the stallion's words, Stardust glanced back with interest. Another pony who wishes to try the delicious treats Sugarcube Corner had to offer? What were the odds?

As the red female unicorn agreed, Stardust did as well, nodding to the dark grey stallion, "Certainly. It's not necessary to make up for accidentally bumping into me, but I'm sure we'd like the company."

Then the grinning mare spoke, introducing herself enthusiastically, prompting Stardust's amused non-existent brow, "Serena Sanguine... A lovely name, my dear. I am Stardust Balance, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Concluded with a polite bow and smile. 

Again, he regarded the other stallion, "And yours my friend?" 

Edited by Stardust Balance

In the upper floor of the castle, in the room formerly belonging to Celestia, five changelings stood guard in front of the door. That is until they heard the knob binge turned.  *creeeek* 

"No.

"Yes!"

"No."

"Yes!"  A changeling Queen with a mane of various pale blues, grays & purples walked out. Behind her, a large fox with a messy burgundy mane, wearing a shrine maidens outfit, whilst having a set of wooden saddle crates on her back. 

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Yes!" They could be heard arguing as they descended down the stairs. 

"No, why are you following me?" 

"Yes, because you're in no shape to lead. You should be resting Where are we going?" 

"No. And I'm going out to find the good doctor. And I'm the only one in shape to lead"

"Yes. That's a good idea. And no, you are not!"

"Yes, I am and will you stop arguing with me?"

"No, I you aren't and will you just let me substitute for a day or two?" This continued on as they reached the ground floor. 

@@Denim&Venom

On the ground floor of the castle, Carl clung to the ceiling in the shadows of this long abandoned castle. Both he and Mistatalker had been trained to hide their presence from even the most powerful of Kitsune, but the element of surprise wasn't enough to kill a Kitsune. Thus, a distraction was necessary. The Ananasi warrior leapt from the ceiling in his Pithus form, two blades drawn and headed straight for Queen Allure. She may not be the true target of this attack, but it would still require Priestess' attention to save her beloved. A good distraction indeed.

@@Blitz Boom

@@Moonlit

"Before you try lifting off the ground, it's important to learn the proper flapping technique, so we'll start there. First things first, never flatten your wings, keep them curved like so." Derpy demonstrated how the wings were supposed to be curved to affect air flow. "This is what's called an air foil, it's what gives you lift." Derpy may be a bit clumsy, and her voice (and perhaps her misaligned eyes) may make other ponies think she was dumb, but her words here should make it clear that she was smarter than she appeared. "When flapping down, tilt your wings forward like so," she said, tilting the front of her wing down as she rotated her wing forward, then down. "Tilt it back again while bringing it back up, and rotate your wings as you repeat this," at this point, she brought her wings back, tilting them back as she brought them back up again, rotating her wings in this loop slowly so Serenade could see what she meant. "Now copy my motion slowly, we're not trying to fly just yet. Go slow and try to keep your wings in sync with each other." Still, she continued to demonstrate so Serenade could copy her as she went.

@@Blitz Boom

@@cwhip9

"I am a bit scared, but panicking at a time like this won't solve anything. The sooner I get back to my brother, the better," Quill said before stepping out of the castle, and seeing the world differently than it should appear. The sky and ground were white. They were in the same world, just so far out of sync with it that it looked different, a reminder that they weren't where they should be.

@... Myself?

Back in the storage room where the Ink had landed carrying Penny, the two ponies saw each other covered in flour and screamed in unison, "Aaahhh!!! Ghost!!!" Taking a few steps back from each other. Then they both looked at the bag of flour and realized what happened. They started laughing together for a moment. After they calmed down a moment, Penny started looking through her saddlebag, "Thanks for saving me by the way. My name is Penny. And you are...?" "Ink. My name is Ink," he responded, a little embarrassed about crash landing like that. Penny pulled a box of chocolates out of her bag. She opened up the box and pulled out two pieces of chocolate with a picture of a bathtub on them. "Here, eat this," she said, giving Ink one of the pieces of chocolate. "Thanks, I guess?" Ink was confused, but he accepted the chocolate and ate it. Penny ate hers and suddenly, with a *poof* the flour on both of them flew off of them, then fell to the floor. "Instant cleaning chocolates, I never leave home without them, just in case I end up in some kind of mess. Oh! That reminds me! Whatever that was back there couldn't be seen! I've been waiting for a chance to test a new chocolate!"

@@Blitz Boom

@@SugarfootWillie

@@Quinch

Penny took another piece of chocolate out with an image of an eye on it, and ran outside levitating the chocolate with her. Ink followed not too far behind. To any nearby, Penny's magic aura would have the delicious smell of peanut butter. She took a bite of the chocolate and the pony spirit faded into her view, but not the beast he was still attacking. Sylar made his way toward Zhu. His task had been completed, though The Forgotten One could not be seen, so Sylar had no idea he was even there. Now it was time that Sylar left, but Zhu was preventing him from doing so with his wind barrier. Sylar leapt up to the roof where Zhu were, swords drawn. "Lower this barrier so that I may leave this place." If Zhu did not comply, Sylar would have to act. He'd already killed one today, what was one more?

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@@Flinp,

"I'm thinking some kinda scam artist. You'd be surprised how many of the lil' suckers tends to pop up now and again."

Crash had gotten pretty near to Musical before she started to talk, sending him a warn grin. He might have seen her when he turned around to look at the scissor, but she hadn't said anything at that point. Wasn't real nice of her to interrupt when him and the con gal was having a go at him. Or well, perhaps she were just some sort a wonky one. She couldn't see what cutting off a tail were gonna do in a con at least.

"Swanky place by the way. But why are there clouds this close to the ground?"

@,

Florence lowered her eyes a little when the last point was brought up.

She knew well that her kind didn't have the best of reputations by a good chunk of ponykind, and sadly, it weren't exactly unjustified. Not because they were evil, no, but the societies just clashed a lot with the two races tending to have different views on how to handle things, behave, appear, etc. They could do well if you ignored most of those points, but it wasn't all that could that, and it spread words amongst both their kin.

It were a sad state of affair, but just as she had heard a lot of stereotypes and such about ponies when she grew up, so would the ponies have of her kin, and though she hoped that they could just get along instead of this, she knew it were more or less just a silly dream. It would take something special to make everypony and every gryphon to get along.

"It's okay, I know about having issues to trust. After... Well, it took me a while too."

She were usually chatty, but as she rose her eyes again and looked at Veil, she couldn't find the words to fit in the story. She had been here for a while now, talked with and heard the story of others before they got dragged away and converted into the cult, and she couldn't get herself to tell her own like they had if she were the next one to be taken.

Perhaps Veil wouldn't be like her, but she at least felt more down the more she heard stories from those who just got taken away and turned to one of them. Knowing about the pony, gryphon or whatever else they had been behind the stories made it hurt to see them harmed like this. To see them changed into some kind of shell, devoid of any real life... It wasn't a feeling she'd like to pass along to somepony if he wasn't the next one taken.

"Do you uhm... Do you know how to fight? I-I don't want to fight you, it's just... We could try and get out? Maybe?"

Getting out of this room wasn't an issue. As she had said, she could pick the lock, but to get all the way out... They'd have to get past all the cultists wandering the halls of whatever place this were, and she wasn't a good fighter. It was what had gotten her caught, though her flying around got her a bit of way at least. Which was also why her wings had been locked up like they were now so she wouldn't try that again. But... Perhaps if she had some help, they could both get out of here?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

@@MDLineArt,

Deception, infiltration, subjugation. How long hadn't he heard that to be the three cores of what it meant to be a changeling? A decade? Two? It started to get hard to really be sure the longer time went by, but he knew it were sometime when he was in his kid years.

Bashful's words rung with those guidelines to their kin, and why you should be aware of them, but that was the thing with them. You couldn't know how much of that were them, and how much were the hive. This many-bodied entity of drones gathered around a queen they were born to serve unconditionally, who often led her tools to do things that they wouldn't if they had their own will.

It was the thing that most didn't think about. The ones still in a hive were more often than not little more than an extension of their queen's will, and their mistresses often sought just more power, more numbers to her ranks and more love to feed the ever-growing hive they kept in check with an iron hoof. It was a circle with little end, even if the queen would die as often there were another ready to rise up and take the mantle to the same heights. Rinse and repeat, day in and day out.

Sure, not All were like that. Some hives kept small and close-knitted, doing what they could not to get too many in their ranks so they wouldn't have to try invasions or the like and traded love for various other skills. Like the miners he had met in the west about 4 years past. Yet the majority were more akin to Queen Chrysalis than those, and those became the popular opinion about changelings that were spread, and it made it hard for the other kinds. The Hiveless, as he called them.

Granted, it wasn't many that had escaped and kept away from the clutches of their old home he had met, but the majority of those that he had were often scared, hiding themselves as well as possible and ridden with guilt over what they had once done to others. A morality that came with the sort of hindsight the hive often tended to attempt to quench so the drones wouldn't revolt or hold back from knowing what they were doing.

Sure, some of them were just inherently evil, but for those who weren't, the public image of them were harming to them to say the least. Imprisonment were just the most recent, but mistrust? Hatred? Segregation? Those things had been happening far before that, and often with little reason.

Giddon avoided a branch sticking high and flew onwards, silently for the time being as he tried to find anything to feel about the thoughts that the short resume from Bashful had started. Yet all he really felt were the same calculating approach about things, and not much else. Not hatred, not sympathy, just cold facts.

There had been a time, long before life had dulled him and turned him jaded, when there would have been plenty to guide him there, but that time were long gone and even the hatred that now tended to simmer under the surface didn't bother with this. Much as he perhaps should, he just didn't see a reason to hate changelings per se. Some of them, and what they had done and were still doing, yes. But without proof he had only the cold facts, and so far his hatred missed evidence to cling to Bashful. Such as whatever or not he were truly Hiveless, moral codex, etc.

Well, it were not Entirely true. He had a little hatred and resentment he could vaguely set to the changelings name for being a judging know-it-all that called him out as being a bully whilst behaving like Giddon were a spot too vile to have anything to do anywhere near him. Perhaps he carried some blame for that too, considering how everything started, but who were honestly going to say the first heartfelt sorry and try and move past that? Heck, who would trust an apology coming from a changeling hiding amongst unsuspecting villagers, or a jaded gryphon who's apology would feel about as flat as him commenting on the weather? It'd be an exercise in futility. Just like this line of thought were.

"I'm a gryphon, and I'm not surprised if you don't know about us. We're more of a mountain-folk than the sort that lives near small villages near the ground, so if you stayed there for most of your free time, chances are you wouldn't have seen as much as a feather."

Tearing himself away from the thoughts that had gone through his mind instead of following it onwards to yet another berating and/or insight into how little he could honestly care about anything these days, he answered the first question he had been given, filling the moment with those words instead of the ones in his head, The questions were harmless far as he could tell, or at least the first part were. The second one he'd have to scrutinize when or if a more detailed amount of questions were asked.

He didn't like to speak of the past, and especially not with the sort who he wouldn't put past just asking so he would have something to use against him later on, so he would see how far this would go. Perhaps far enough so that he'd at least get an idea of why he had added the last thing just before. It seemed out of context to the rest for him so far.

@Blitz Boom

" Well, I'm a artist myself already..."

Musical used his wings to point at his Cutie Mark

"So I don't need any artist. And, I guess they used the clouds to say that this is the house that I should go to. I'm not really, sure, after all, just a navy-colored house would be enough to catch my eye. After all, all houses here are mostly cream or yellow..."

Meanwhile, at Everfree Forest...

" Ugh! Stupid dog!" The unicorn soon noticed a Timberwolf looking at her. " Oh...that" She walked to the Timberwolf " Now..." she activated her magic, and touched her horn with the Timberwolf's forehead. His eyes had small lime-green hearts on it " Now, you will go get the golden tail of a dark blue-colored Pegasus Stallion on Ponyville. Now go!" the Timberwolf runs away

Edited by Flinp

"That... Explains alot.  Gryphons hun?  Never spent much time out from Ponyville once I got there.  Was nice, quiet.  That's the best way to live."  Bashful couldn't help but smile, reminded of the times he spent with Orange Lace and Fire Cracker.  After the rocky start.  Might be the only reason he held out at all with Giddon, but then again it may be just to save his own mane.

"Usually when someone finds out you're a... well... you know, they typically ask a lot of questions.  After the whole 'Run For Your Lives!' thing.  You on the other hand, you wanna keep quiet.  It's kinda unnerving really."

Bashful few a little ahead, and turned about, still going in the direction Giddon described.  "Or is that how it is in the mountains?  Maybe you're just as out of place as I am?  I think so."

He began his decent, going down to the trees and letting his wings feel the leaves.  Ducking between them he folded up his wings and tumbled through the branches in a forward summersalt, landing upon his hooves.  Looking up to the sky, he watched Giddon, waiting for his own arrival.

"Let's just hope this goes smoothly...."

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No! and dodge!"

"Yes and wha-"

With a shove of her magic, Priestess was shoved sideways as the Anansi jumped down onto the spot where the two of them were.

"Attention all forces! Intruder alert!" Buzzing could be heard thoughout the castle as the swarm moved to converge.

Priestess set eyes on her assailant. And immediately narrowed them in a glare and bared her fangs. " Iyana gaichū!"

@@Denim&Venom

Carl might have responded to being called a "disgusting pesty bug" with a comment about how spiders were not insects, but this wasn't the time. The trap was set, the bait was taken, and now priestess was right where they wanted her. Miststalker quickly opened the trapdoor he was hiding under and attempted to pull Priestess in before the changelings could arrive. At the same time, on landing Carl broke apart into his crawlerling form (many small spiders), leaving his armor and weapons behind, and moved quickly toward the trapdoor going right under Priestess' paws, pushing her toward the opening. If this plan worked, this would become a two against one battle. No need to have changelings ruining the fun.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"Does your species have an extinction wish or something? Didn't you learn anything the last time you crossed us?" Priestess swished her tail to the side, and as fast as lightning, sliced it across Miststalker's face. Though instead of the comfy floof of fox fur, it was much more akin to getting cracked across the face with a bull whip.  

"Oh no you don't!" Allure grabbed Carl in her magic and stated pulling him away. 

@@Blitz Boom

Veil sat and thought too himself for awile. He wasn't sure if helping Florence out was the best decision, but at the same time if he was gonna escape he didn't have much choice.

Veil did know basic fighting skills but preferred to use more stealthy approaches in situations like these.

"I can fight alittle, but I'm more of stealth kinda pony. Do you have a plan?"

@Seamore Sandwich@Blitz Boom Serenade watches the grey mail mare closely, and while it takes some time for her to fully copy Derpy's wing positions, she eventually gets it. Well, when I say eventually, it will take almost all day. She isn't used to using some of the muscles associated with wings. By the end of it. she collapses near the pond's edge, "mercy, by the goddess, mercy. You are both harsh taskmasters", she shoves her head into the water and brings it back out, "Thank you....both of you. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a better experience with you two then with Miss Dash."

@@Blitz Boom,

While there was a distinct lack of odd looks darting towards him, he still felt put off by everyone. This may have been more of a case of Senlin being new to the way towns worked. He felt free around this time, and even then, he was unsure if this is more of revelling in the moment when he need not worry about anyone giving him a difficult time. 

"I agree, Omen," Senlin replied. "It is much easier without the occasional distraction. Here we are: Sugarcube Corner." This was supposedly the go-to place for ponies to eat something nice and sweet without worrying about burning a hole in their savings. It was a quiet and it looked like it was ready to close up shop but it had some time to spare.

Senlin had a look at the sweets on display. Frosted cupcakes on one stand, a cake further away on a shelf. The cashier's booth was empty though it suggested the owner would be in the back. There were plenty of cookies, muffins, and more were in the display case next to the booth and everything looked delicious. 

"So much to choose from! Which one do you want, Omen?" 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@Blitz Boom,

@@Lonk Chase,

@@GingerLightning,  

@@Seamore Sandwich

"Okay~ I will be right there in about... a few seconds. Tell little Brittle for me, okay?" Syo said and she was about to stop her connection when she noticed something odd in the forest using the magical network. "Hey... Watch yourselves, okay?" Syo said suddenly in a dead serious voice before she hung up the connection.

Melke eased up as the connection ended. Syo pulled out her staff and Melke noticed that she was rather solemn.

"Something wrong?" Melke asked. Syo didn't reply but gave him a look that says that she didn't just get good news. "Aren't we going to get back to your friends?"

"We are... but I need you to do something when we get there." Syo said as she took Melke's paw and soon teleported the both of them.

They both landed in a bush and they laid low for the time being, they are not far away from the group but they are being cautious and observing what is going on for the time being.

@@Stardust Balance

@@Glike

Serene Sanguine and Stardust Balance, what a stupendous selection of names! Dark Horse chuckled to himself.

Serene herself seemed very enthusiastic about Dark's request to join them, although he suspected that was more-so about the thought of those delicious treats. Dark let out a small laugh as she seemed to become a little too lost in her description of everything the Bakery had to offer. Evidently she was quite the connoisseur of Sugarcube Corner. Stardust must have noticed this too, giving her an amused look as she excitedly grinned back at the two.

Dark couldn't help but smile back. He had always held a fondness for the more cheery residents of Ponyville. They were some of the best ponies to get to know in his experiences, and always seemed to find a way to brighten his day up. Sure, he was a pony who usually preferred peace and quiet, but even the most reclusive ponies needed a bit of energy and companionship sometimes

Speaking of...

The yellow stallion, Stardust, had just introduced himself to Serene with a polite and formal bow. Now there was something a bit atypical for Ponyville; a well mannered Gentlecolt. Not to say the majority of Ponyville ponies weren't behaved, far from it, but it was rare to find one with such courtesy as what with Stardust displayed. Dark quite appreciated it.

He was well looking forward to getting to know these two better, and speaking of...

"Hmm? Oh!" He regarded back at the yellow stallion, realizing he had yet to introduce himself properly. "My name is Dark Horse, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintances." He gave a short bow in a returning gesture towards the both of them. "Well, it would seem fate decrees that we all should happen to travel to Sugarcube Corner this day. Seems to me like an excellent opportunity to get to know each other all better, and yes, sample some delicious treats I am sure." He nodded back towards Serene. "I would be more than happy to accommodate you both. It's not often I get to meet two new faces in town.".

This was true. Dark usually kept to himself most days. Certainly it was rare for him to actually offer accompanying somepony around town, let alone two. Still, something about his newfound companions intrigued him, and he was determined to find out more while he had the opportunity.

"Well then Serana." He said back to the red mare with a smile "You seem to know your way around, would you like to lead the way?" He gestured with a hoof towards the bustling square of Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

@@MDLineArt,

"I'm a stranger even to my own home..."

The few, genuine words said before Bashful would have descended to the ground by Giddon were said without him taking his eyes off the stone structure he could see the top off now.

Far be it from him to try and connect with a client, but he'd answer some things to not keep the air frozen for long enough to make the changeling just hand him over to the cultists for the principle of things. The less he liked him, the better that easy way out would likely seem, though... Well, it wasn't the only reason. Yet he could contain the urges to just wanting to share with somepony, just like he had for so many other times during the years. Nothing good had ever come from him telling that, and he did not know this tailor well enough to go into the deeper details. Besides, by his own accord, he wanted to know as little about the gryphon as he could and just get this over with so he could get him out of his exoskeleton.

Thinking over that a little further, combined with some things on the temple they were getting to, he stayed in the air a little more before finally swooping down and landing a little ahead of Bashful.

"Temple's up ahead. Stay here for a bit, nd I'm gonna see if I can't get a little look on the guard positions."

Giddon started to take some steps ahead, but paused after a little and after some more silence clutched his metallic talon whilst keeping his back turned.

"Most of us aren't like me. They'd wonder too, and ask you questions, but I have seen too much. Tried too much. It's not..."

Shutting his beak again Giddon wandered ahead quickly, cursing lowly to himself for speaking up when he had, even if what he had said might not show much. Well, not to most anyway, but Bashful might not be like others. He might gain some meaning from the hesitations at the end and the reluctant sharing of these information.

If Bashful waited behind, after about 6 minutes he'd see Giddon come back again, dragging a pony in a makeshift guard uniform. He wasn't moving, but you could see he breathed, so he were likely just conked out.

If Bashful followed however, he'd see the situation were Giddon had drawn the attention of this guard straying away from the others and after getting him near enough to a bush where he had made some minor noise, tackled him and dragged him back behind it, where he'd land one hit in the back of the guards head with his regular talon before said guard passed out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

@@SugarfootWillie,

@@Quinch,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

(Thought I posted this last night. Sorry)

Zhu didn't answer, he just looked the spiderling in some of his eyes with his own, glowing yellow pair, tasting the air for a few seconds whilst watching what the times said about this one.

Much as it might sound like a blessing, knowing what could be were not as glamorous as it might seem. The potential futures could stretch into hundreds, or sometimes thousands of roads, depending on the choices the creature in question took. Some were more narrow as they had a set mindset to most things and wouldn't stray from that, but the more options one had, and the more insecurity, the more branched this little acorn of a life would sprout into.

No mind could contain all of that at once, and Zhu did his to focus on where the greatest chances were. Seeing first what the most likely of choices - and therefore futures - in a short amount of time would lead to, and then follow the closest branches as decades could unfold before him, showing either paths that would be dead ends, needed to be backtracked, or he would run into multiple paths that had gathered some places and he often had to see what choices there had let them to that point in their lives.

It were tiring, and once upon a time, it had been near killing him before he knew how to filter through things. Back when anypony he would glance upon would start to bloom right before him, and he could do little to stop it from assaulting him and wearing his mind down.

These days it were easier, even if he stood still and watched somepony for a while to sort through the lines to find one he might find were important. Something he did not do with this one. The futures for this one were narrow, and most of them would make for things that should not pass, but he couldn't condemn Sylar when uses were there in the immediate future.

"You entered the cage and stirred the beast with blood. Silence its hunger, or accept the harvest you have sowed for yourself."

With that, Sylar would find himself being smashed hard on the side with what felt like a hammer and being slung towards the ground below.

Wind were the only weapon Zhu really had beyond his physical prowess that did not take him time to cast, and one that were strong because few would know what hit them before it were too late. Such as now when he had hit Sylar with a pressure well fitting of the briefly-showing paw form of rushing winds that had hit him, and then pushed him downwards like he were piling carts on top of the creature.

It would end when he would hit the ground, though Zhu had not done his last if the message had not come across: Sylar would either find some way of being useful with the monster in town, orhe would stay in here until somepony did. That is, if he did not become a snack to the hungry entity first.

Meanwhile, in the spirit world, Vivid's soul suddenly found itself face to face with the entity that had eluded her eyes when she were still in her own body.

"And what the hay are You supposed to be?"

Sure, taunting the mystical entity that could tear of it's own freaking limb like it were nothing might be a really bad choice, but right now she wasn't in a good mood at all. Getting killed were painful, and so would it be to fix up her body. Especially considering how many vessels she had to swift between to get things done in the end as prolonged possession would erode the body of regular ponies.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@cwhip9,

(Same with this one, sorry)

Last's eyebrow raised some as she saw the strange world around them, but it didn't halt her for long. They were only outside the castle now after all, and still had some way to run/fly before getting to town.

"Sounds like family's important to you."

It were the first thing she said as she continued to run on in this so far silent place, focused both on what were ahead, and what Quill had said before they got outside the castle. Something that she could understand.

Her sister might not be with her now, but her memory would always be until she finally had the chance to visit her in Canterlot and see how her new gig as a guard were going. Memories that, sure, Did include a lot of the two bickering, driving themselves and others around them near insane and playing games that had a few times nearly gotten them severely injured or killed. But at the same time, they had had far more good moments than bad, and there were nothing she wouldn't do if she had even the slightest fear that her sister would be in danger. Much like with how it sounded with Quill and his brother.

"It's good. We should cherish the time we have with them."

_________________________________________________________________________________

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Melke,

"Very well.

Brittle my dear?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Our companion Syo is rejoining us shortly, and will bring with her a friend. She asked that you were informed so that you did not get startled by their arrival."

Brittle gulped and nodded at the news, looking around her nervously to see if she could see the cat and whoever she was going to bring to them anywhere. She frankly still scared Brittle after the whole *spider incident* and... And...

Her eyes went wide as she stared straight into the eyes of something hiding in the thick foliage behind Briar. Something with more eyes than she had a chance to count before it lounged forward at fast speeds with sickles drawn and headed towards her and her friend.

Ashta had sneaked up on the unsuspecting fools once they had found them, split with Ko so that he could make an attack as well before they gathered up to find and take down the third one that weren't with these just now. Ko's main target had been ordered to be Seamore, whilst he... Heh, the strange pony with his back turned wasn't much of a target frankly, but there were some collateral there to take with him at least. A changeling from the looks of things, though some sort of freak amongst them. Something that might make it's corpse a good spoil of war.

He had been spotted by the little one in question just as he lounged forward, but at that time it would already be too late. The pony wouldn't have the time to turn, and since he wasn't a unicorn there wasn't a damn thing he could d-

The line of thought were stopped as a vine fired out from the cape covered the pony with his back turned and hammered the hard buds into the side of his face. If it had hit him straight on, it were likely that this would have punctured his skull, but either he were lucky or the angry Briar who now turned to face the spider that had been slung a few meters back with a concussion that felt like he had been trampled by an Ursa Major had simply been warned.

It hadn't been much warning Briar had to work with, but this were not the first to think that just because he had his back turned, or because he were blind, sneaking up on him worked. A foolish assumption that this... Thing, had felt the result of on his own body.

"Nopony touches her, coward."

Perhaps Ko would have more luck with the other one as this one were currently... Well, he Had beat the snot out of Ashta round one as the spiderling hadn't expected this. Evergrown wasn't something he knew about, and it was somewhat unnatural to expect being hit by a vine who now stood tall above the head of said thing, ready to strike again.

Heh, perhaps this were going to give him some entertainment after all anyway.

___________________________________________________________________________________

@@Flinp,

"Heh, perhaps they thought you were a lil' dense and needed the extra clues?"

Crash grinned and half-chuckled at Musical, clearly showing that she were yanking his chain around and having some fun. Nothing harmful meant, though that could have been more obvious if she hadn't sprung to the bait of saying this. Yet sometimes, the setup were just too good and you had to run with it, then deal with how it went afterwards. And hey, in this case, she had been able to show she had been clearly showing to be joking about. Other times, it took a bit and things could get all awkward.

"Why'd you get sent here anyway? Delivering pamphlets around?"

@@EQ_Theta,

Omen looked through the display, sniffing the air now and again, but not looking like she suddenly got enticed by anything there in particular.

"Smell faintly like masters, but not as good. Weaker. More artificial. I think I will take something else instead."

She had little interest in sweets since master had gone missing. He had made her try the clouds of candy, rain of chocolate and whatever else he could think about. They had tasted interesting, and natural in  sense when she compared it to the taste of the forest. But cakes in shops tended to be disappointing. She had tried a few times in the last decade or so, and they had all left her wanting, and the interest had basically vanished by now.

There were one thing that did catch her eye though. At the ceiling, stuck between the higher boards and likely carried in by the winds, were another branch like the one she had taken before when they had been at Senlin's hiding place. If she didn't know better she would think it was from the same tree, but there were likely many of those in the forest, so it probably meant nothing. Well, except that it meant something she could munch on whilst Senlin had his taste of something sold in here.

A cashier would join them about the same time, looking at the late night night customers and seeing... Well, Senlin on one hoof, and the on the other a strange looking pony that suddenly had a tongue shoot out like a chameleon, grabbed a stick stuck in the ceiling and then went towards a table, gnawing on the piece of wood like it were a candycane.

Late night customers really were the strangest ones.

@,

"Not really. I mean, I can get the door open, but there's a lot of them out there, and I didn't have luck trying to fly past them last time. But we have to try something, right? I... I don't want to sit here until they make me into one of them."

She took some more steps forward, finally getting out of the shadows completely. At which point Veil might see an issue if they tried stealth. That being that Florence had large tail feathers behind her. large, rainbow-coloured tail feathers to be exact. They were folded and all, but still, it were a hard colour to have blending in if they tried stealth. Not impossible mind you, but it wouldn't be straight forward at least.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

@@Moonlit,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

"Hehe, I don't know. She might make you zoom around all over the place."

Ziggy grinned at Serenade before laying down on her knees, though she looked like she could zoom around a bit more too. Which were essentially the case as she hadn't spent much of her own energy trying to help Serenade learn the basics of flying along with Derpy, and she had to once in a while stop up to get the worst out of her system.

"But you know, it's looking good. You're not tumbling into the lake that much, and you're good at listening and learning what's being said when Derpy or me tries to push you a little."

She turned her head and gave the mare a smile happy and gleeful enough to make Pinkie Pie have a run for her money.

"You're Really good at this y'know? Usually at the hospital we had to get specialists in that just spoke clinical, but you got a good way of getting it through without all of the sort of medical mumbo jumbo I or they used. How long have you been teaching others?"

" Nah, that's clearly Derpy's job. I don't really know why they send me here, but it's apparently important.."

Meanwhile, a Timberwolf was running around Ponyville. As it saw Musical, he clearly remembered of the description- a dark blue Pegasus Stallion with a golden mane and tail. He was about to attack...

@Seamore Sandwich@Blitz Boom Serenade doesn't speak, just nods her head. She's too exhausted, and her outstretched wings twitch as the muscles controlling them spasm. "I am....going....to enjoy...tonight's....dinner" she eventually says between deep breaths, "Also...you two...are...great teachers. Thank you." Her head flops down and she just lays there, limp. 

@@Blitz Boom

"Ok, well we still need a plan to bust out of here. We could try to be stealthy about our exit despite it being a challenge, but if worse comes to worse and we get spotted then we will have to fight. Just be careful when breaking that lock also I don't want it to be that obvious that we are trying to break out of here."

Veil awaited a response from Florence.

@@Blitz Boom,

It was quite strange to see what Omen's... preferences... are for food. Though in defence of longma clan cooking, there was barely anything else to eat other than leaves with medicinal purposes. Stews made mostly with leaves, water, and some spices were the norm and while there was the occasional sweet bread and fruit jellies he had tasted during celebrations, those were a rare thing to come across. Here in a town like Ponyville, it was almost as if they ate this stuff on a regular basis. 

"You really attribute a lot of things to Discord do you?" Senlin said but he was quite unsure how to proceed after that. If the way he said it might have come off as anything but genuinely inquisitive, he had to rectify it. "Don't take this the wrong way but did he mean a lot to you?" 

@@Blitz Boom

Bashful waited in the small clearing, waiting for Giddon.  Sitting down on the damp grass, he closed his eyes, listening carefully to the ambient sounds of wildlife and wilderness.  He tried to become very aware of his surroundings, and more about himself in the form he presented.  Bashful Thread didn't often 'shift' thee days, and outside of presenting himself as the tailor, he really didn't feel the want to.  Shifting means acknowledgment, it means being something he didn't want to be, and the eyes of those few that are close to him looking at him as something other than what he aspired to be was crushing. 

And now Giddon wanted him to go the other route.  The one who just changed who they were on a whim, the one who did so with abandon.  Giddon never expressed much understanding of Bashful, nor did he try to.  Maybe that was his way, keep everyone at distance, and they couldn't hurt you.

"That's a lie..."  The strange voice that Bashful Thread spoke from his own mouth was far deeper than he really taken the time to notice. 

It took some time before Giddon returned, dragging somepony behind him.  Upon closer inspection, this pony seemed in rough shape, unconscious even.  Giddon seemed to be indifferent.  There was that detachment again, and maybe just the nature of what he did, this 'adventurer' needed to keep removed from what he did.  This was all for... well, Bashful didn't really know.  That would be a problem.

Still, he walked towards the pony on the ground, and leaned in close.  He sniffed the air about him, and looked closely, rummaging through pockets and taking all kinds of paraphernalia.  Each piece was observed, studied with discerning eyes.  "You can learn alot about people from what they carry.  Would make it easier if I got to know him first..."

Green fire... It was always that flame that enveloped him for a flash, obscuring one figure to reveal another.  The figure mirrored the cultist, minus the bruising, and he began to pocket those small trinkets.  "Ok...  So.. what do you need me to do?"  He swallowed hard.   This is when things started to get a little too real.

@,

For the first time, a small smile actually crossed Florence face as Veil mentioned not breaking the lock.

"Don't worry, I don't break it. My uncle taught me how to pick it so it didn't need to be replaced, which might not be the reason why we'd do it here, but I'm sure that he wouldn't mind... If he were still around."

The smile withered and died on her face as her eyes fell and her tail feathers hit the ground. Though she hadn't specified whatever or not she had meant around this area as opposed to demised, it wouldn't be a hard one to guess, and perhaps not the thing to dig into if they had to focus on getting out of here.

She didn't seem to perk up that fast, but she did go over towards the door and put her head the the frame, listening to whatever or not anypony were on the other side of the door.

"Doesn't sound like there's anypony there... Do we try to sneak out then? I guess if I have to I can fight a little, but you should know I'm not that good at it. Mum never wanted me to go around and fight so... Yeah."

@@MDLineArt,

"It wouldn't have helped you to know whoever this is. You can see it on the mark, he's cursed like the others. Whoever's beneath ain't getting out until I get the artefact cleansed, and what he is now is just like the others: Numbed in the brain, protecting this place like drones, and making sure to grab anypony getting close so they can add them to the ranks. Just play docile, don't hesitate, see if you can match the slightly hollow clang to your voice that you'll hear the guard at the door say, and for the love of everything, don't get the mark wrong, or this will get ugly."

Giddon explained things whilst doing his to get the stuff from the unconscious one and towards his stand-in, Bashful. After a bit though, he instead pulled back and started to rummage through the sack where he had earlier taken the gems out of he paid with at the shop. This time however, what he pulled forth were a good deal less valuable, and Giddon did not seem to enjoy dragging it forth.

A good length of iron chains.

"Present me as a prisoner at the door, then follow somepony until you get to wherever the artefact is. I'm guessing somewhere central with extra guards, If your disguise holds and we get in there without issue, I just need to get the room locked off and I can get to work."

The only thing he had focus on was getting ready for the next step in this, so whatever disproving looks or words he'd get from Bashful wasn't really noticed by him. He were used to those, and right now, though he didn't want to be in a situation where he were hated by this changeling, he hadn't a choice but to ignore whatever ire were there. They only had so much time before this pony would wake up again, so he'd have to prioritise and hope that Bashful wasn't going to stab him in the back now.

After having taken up the length of chain and started talking, Giddon had also been at work wrapping it around his front legs, his wings, and his neck, pushing it down tightly with visible discomfort about being this restrained before ending it around his right front leg and handing the two ends forward that Bashful could get a grip on then. Something that, when he'd begin to pull in it, would force Giddon to move forward as well considering the placement of the chains.

"Believe me, I do not want to put my life into your hooves. But it's this, or forcing my way through mind-controlled civilians, and I'm not going to do that unless there is literally no other choice."

He looked Bashful as directly into the eyes as he said the last bits, clearly not happy, but not starring at him with disgust, anger or like a master ordering his servant either. It were a serious look though, yet if Bashful would think it were from the gryphon thinking he had to draw the tailor a picture to make him understand, or to make sure that Bashful understood he were not joking with his last statement, were to be seen.

He took a quic k glance towards the now pretty robbed guard before a few other words were halfway mumbled through his beak. Not loudly, but it should be enough for Bashful to hear if he tried to.

"That one was bad enough."

@@Flinp,

Crash nodded along, and kept looking around. She frankly hadn't a clue what was going on with this joint, or why Musical had been sent here to begin with if he hadn't been told a specific purpose. Heck, didn't even seem there were anypony here waiting for him, so what were this? A trap of some kind? Treasure hunt?

Her grin grew a little wider as she recalled a little about the last treasure hunt she had been on. It had been some good times, but she had been boggled up with work too long to really have enjoyed that for about what... 7 months now? Dang, had it been That long? Crickey, she really needed to get cracking so that sher might have the time to use a bit of her vacation time on-

The line of thought were interrupted as the large timberwolf got into sight, being replaced with *What the hay are that critter doing here?*. Usually the fauna/wolves weren't much for getting near civilisation, and from the citizens scattering around as it stood there looking into the odd house, it didn't seem like the locals were as well.

Sure, a few things could drag them into a town, like having a serious grudge, but who could have gotten under it's bark That much? Sure wasn't her, even if the eyes were going her way, so it'd have to be... Oh bugger.

"Hey sugar? i'd suggest you get airborne. Seems like we're gonna have a little brawl."

So mysteries, strange con artists, visiting her family, and now a fight with a large timberwolf? What was this, her birthday? Usually the only time she got that many presents in the same day.

@@Lonk Chase,

@@GingerLightning,

@@Seamore Sandwich,

Ginger followed Lonk, and Meeko followed her more or less directly behind, though looking around now again if he found something interesting to smell for a bit. He were somewhat focused on things, sure, but he were still a pup after all. Thinking that he'd be straight in line like that were wishful thinking at the best of times,but she'd have enough time to deal with that as time went on.

Occasionally he'd try to sniff for Sisilia, but without having any luck. She hid her smell well it seemed, or had taken off, though which one were hard to be sure about and he didn't think on it much beyond curiosity.

_________________________________________________________________________________

@@EQ_Theta,

"Master were everything to me."

Omen didn't even hesitate saying that, but it wasn't something she needed to think about either.  Discord had meant more than she often could explain, though she tried to tell herself that now and again. Especially after the stranger had planted doubts in her mind.

"Back home, we learn little beyond tales from Mother. She is our history. The one who raises us. Our only constant where everything shifts and turns. We are all family, but she means more than anything to us. To me.

Then came master..."

Omen seemed to trail off and look into the wall for a bit after saying that, but didn't stop gnawing on her stick as a few old memories came back to her from way back, when the first constant beyond Mother had become part of her life.

"He crafted my form, taught and showed me of wonders even Mother's tales couldn't live up to, and made this strange place feel like home. More than ever, I was... Happy.

Without him, this wasn't a home anymore. Your world made no sense, and master wasn't there to tell me what to think of it. It were a husk I left behind until Mother made me return."

A piece of the stick got chewed down and devoured as she paused for a few seconds. Not that she needed to, as her words were projected into minds instead of said with words, but another memory had risen up, slowly beckoned by her hesitant word about her own former happiness. Joy was a hard feeling for her to understand, so she wasn't sure if that were what she had been back then, but others had told her that it was, and it was why she felt like a pit had fallen in her chest when the one who made her that had vanished.

"It hurt not seeing him. Still does. Even if I understand more of your world, and it makes sense in a way, it isn't my home anymore. Not when I don't know where he is."

She turned her head and looked at Senlin who, at this point, wern't getting strange looks from the mare at the register of any kind considering Omen had started to sound like the one she should be the most worried about. Frankly it were a plus to her devotion to the job that she hadn't run off screaming yet considering the topics, the beings, and the words that rung around her head.

"It is why finding him used to be all I could think about, but the strangers words clouded my head. Made me doubt things, including this. And now... I don't know what to do when I find master anymore. Not even if I want to."

"U-uhm, excuse me... Sir? What can I help you with?"

The somewhat touchy moment was followed by the cashier mare who were the first mare in town who you could see really wanted to get Senlin's attention. Mostly because of when comparing the two in the room, the Longma was frankly by far the one that creeped her out the least right now. Also, he seemed to be the one that still needed assistance, so if she could get this done with she could return to the back room, continue cleaning up for the night, and try to forget everything she had just heard. Though,s he doubted that last one were going to happen anytime soon.

" What do you me- Oh no." Musical asks, noticing the Timberwolf

" Is it just me, or does the Timberwolf has hearts on his eyes? " Musical takes of his Paintbrush

On a house close to the Timberwolf, a Earth Mare was gardening her flowers, until she noticed the large wood wolf. " One of those? Here?"