Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

(edited)

@Dji @Widdershins

Spicy laughed at the way she were being described by the griffon.

"Why would I murder anypony? Dead ponies can't pay back their debts, and I wouldn't have legal loopholes to hide behind if I was connected to bodies like that. I just make sure to... Encourage them to pay, that's all.

And a loan shark is simple business. I loan out an amount of bits to ponies that is desperate, and in return they will pay me back at a set day with about 10% interest. More than the banks yes, but loansharking is more of a *last solution* kind of deal anyway, and I'm fair compared to a good deal of my competitors. I even allow the payment to be over several installations without adding more fines."

Intimidation, threats, a solid beating now and again. Those sort of things she would go with, sure. Heck, she'd even use a good old fashioned kidnapping scheme if worst came to worst, but murder? Not in her business plans.

That wasn't to say she didn't have blood on her mind. A few... Problems had required her to hire some sub-contractors for the more grizzly things, but that were always personal or related to her underground dealings, not her loan business.

"Thanks for the street cred though Aurora, even if I ain't gonna emblaze it on my signs. *Poker Champion and Murderous Loan Shark* isn't the best title to have hanging around.

Now then, mind me asking why you're headed for Ponyville? Looking for some feathers to ruffle?"

===========================

@Dji

"Yeah I know, it's an unusual taste around these parts, but I just can't help it. They're so sweet and juicy compared to apples, and I find they fit better in things like ice cream or candy than them, which is better in baked goods like pie.

The Apple family actually had a bit of beef with me when I first came to town because of that, but I don't blame them. I were setting up a shop ans came packing with several orange trees. Looked like I were pressing in on their market rather than just have my own supply.

We got sorted pretty fast really, and the family and I get along well now, but it's fun to think back now and again."

Somewhere in the store, she had a picture of Applejack and Big Mac looking mighty flustered at the grand opening of her sweets store as a result of the rocky start. It was fun to pointing at them there once in a while when they came here, though it wasn't often. Pinkie tended to keep her friends well supplied with candy when it mattered, so she mostly dealt with her. Strange mare that one, to put it mildly.

"Anyway, are your muzzle feeling better Dawn?"

==============================

@Foxy Socks

"Ah, a being of many experiences it seems. How may you know of my kind, if I may ask?"

"How? Because I made you! Oh this is so awesome!"

Anomaly started to step in place whilst Briar gave her a slightly condescending look of amusement.

"While you do seem natural in origin, I can assure you that I was grown, not created by anypony. A clever attempt though."

"Nono silly, not you personally. Your race. Here, lemme prove it."

Anomaly rose a paw with the bottom up, then concentrated and snapped her tail, over and over again.

Every time she did, something stirred just above the palm of her paw, varying in color, energy patterns and shape, until about fifteen times in she stood there with a large seed, about the size of a pony's head.

Intricate patterns adorned the gold surface of it, and even from a distance, the raw magic pulsating just beneath the surface could be felt. Natural, chaotic, and busting with an energy that made Briar involuntarily take a step backwards.

He felt the familiar magic of the great trees. Not just from where he grew up, but every other one he had seen. Perversions of nature as some ponies had called them, after they had found the trunk of a dead one decades ago, but he couldn't see how true that were. Not until now, where he gazed upon the truest essence of them, and understood how they could think that.

"Phew, I forgot how hard it was to make these things. Layers and layers of chaos and natural magic done just right took me like what, 200 years to learn? Something like that at least. Might have been a little more or less.

Anyway, these things I can't do with just one snap. Have to be done right.

So, Mr. Evergrown, does it look familiar to you? I can plant it if you wanna see instead."

Briar took a step forward with wide eyes and desperation mixed with fear in his voice.

"No! For all that is good in this world, stop! I believe you! It baffles me to see this is our origins, but I know it to be true when faced with this seed. Please, I beg of you, get it away before you mutate everypony here."

Anomaly chuckled, then after a bit, ate the seed, making Briar look like he were gonna have a heart attack before she swallowed and everything were still okay. He were still pretty shaken though. Both from having just learned that his entire race's existence were made possible by a draconequus playing with magic, and because of how close they had been to disaster.

"Oh relax, I wasn't gonna plant it in here. Isn't safe here, and I promised Zhu I'd let him plant these things in populated areas when it were.

I mean really, it's a fun idea to think about how planting this would mutate every breathing thing within about a 100 miles to Evergrown, but that's the sort of thing a monster does. I know better. Sort of."

The way she giggled after that were nor comforting for anypony but herself. To Briar, it caused him reason to have great concern, inching ever closer to fear, and for Brittle to sit still, confused but getting increasingly anxious. One could only imagine what the spectacle would make Foxy think.

==============================

@dragon4111

"Their madness came with a cause. The water that had sprung us werr never meant to be consumed by us, and when they started, so did their downfall. It polluted their minds with madness and strengthened their bodies, and since the madness took time to settle fully, a lot were convinced that it was just making us better. How wrong they were...

They took us who refuses, and either forced us to take this, or... Cleansed us from the valley. I manages to hide from them, but I know the others were taken, and they're all the same now. Those that lives anyway. Just monsters, twisting the words of the earthen mother to violence..."

The more she spoke of them, the sadder Lyriel looked. It might be that they had done unspeakable things in their greed and madness, and that they were beyond any salvation she knew of, but it didn't mean she couldn't pity their fate, and cry for the family she had lost.

She tried to keep further tears at bay by looking towards the direction Ancalagon pointed, and forced a smile on her tearful face.

"Your guild sounds fascinating, noble one. A nations worth of workers, with you as their leader and patriarch... I had never thought of such a thing before, but it intrigues me. Perhaps I can learn more of them as they approach, though I hope they will not trample the forest to get here. It is a chaotic and resilient place, but fragile in certain areas, and I would not wish to fail this new home of mine by letting it get destroyed."

============================

@Radience

"When I speak of the guard, I'd find it obvious that I meant their station in town."

Brute wasn't going to dignify Richie's little tease with an insult of her own. She had heard the *Big muscles, little brain* line for a long time now, and it'd have to be a bad day to truly grind her bones with a comment like that.

Might be that yeah, she wasn't the smartest unicorn in town, but she weren't stupid. She had passed school well, and knew the important things that she'd need in this world. She just hadn't wasted time with stuff she wasn't going to use when she had a career to train for.

"And regarding your scheme, I don't trust you want to earn things the honest way. But go ahead and prove me wrong. You'll need to put it to the mayor to get a business running in town, so how about we go to him then, and you can get things done legally? Come on, prove to me you're not here to just take without adhering to the law. I dare you."

Unfazed by her threats and insults, Brute then took a step forward towards Richie and looked her in the eye with a stern glare.

"Also, think carefully about who you threaten with destruction. I am not a whimpering little foal who will go down easily, and if you start a fight, I will end it."

Brute couldn't outright attack this mare, which were starting to irk her. Not because of any moral code, but because that was the law. For a civilian like her to have a go at another legitimately, there had to be an act of aggression first, and so far these were just empty threats.  Not enough to give her reason to start swinging unfortunately.

===============================

@EQ_Theta

How she wished to just lay down and take them in her embrace as the note was read out. The words of hope that their parents had written when they had none themselves were driving her to tears, thinking about how painful it must be for them to read this aloud. To be faced with that loss up close and personally, whilst still seeing the frowns on their faces... How could she not wish to comfort them?

But they had more to say, so she stood silent, with pale tears slowly making their way down her face, and waited for them to finish what they had started. Something which seemed to take forever, though she did not complain. This was important, and not something she should cheapen by interrupting them.

As soon as they were done though, she leaned down and embraces the small creatures, as gently as ever.

"I'm so sorry Sen and Lin. I can't imagine how it must have been like for you to read this."

Truth be told, she might have some idea, but the pain of loss were generally individual, and whatever pain it brought, wasn't something anyone except the ones feeling it would be likely to truly understand. Besides, she were supposed to try and comfort them, not bring them lectures of quantified understanding. There was another time and place for that sort of thing.

She felt Sen's tears in her smooth fur, but it mattered little. Some of her own might be falling down and hitting the two as well, which would be the size of water balloons,  yet that too was irrelevant. There was just them, and her attempt to soothe them. Why, she didn't even answer the scholars right now.

Meanwhile, something were happening to the side of them. A slow, but sure movement as Omen started to wriggle around a little, then slowly got to her hooves.

She were still well drained, and likely would do well in not overdoing the gates the next few days, bit she were moving a little again at least, so that was a relief.

She glanced at the ones in front of her, not knowing what had gone on as she had been focused on the feeling of the chaos infusion. She wanted to say something, but just as she were about to, she felt something in her body churn and rush to her head. A side effect of tha chaos had finally manifested itself, and soon she would -

*burp*

The taste of umbrellas crossed her mind as Omen let out a small burp, which were a little strange, but she had eaten weirder things than that.

Wobbling closer to the three, Omen crawled in under Mother's wing and starred towards Sen, Lin and Mother, not knowing what to think of the embrace.

"Everything okay?"

Mother let out a small laugh at her daughter's confused words, before slowly nodding.

"Yes, we're fine. Sen and Lin just told me something important, though not something you need to be worried about.

Worry... You know Omen and I both have that feeling about you two, my dear, sweet children, but you need not have it for us as much as you think. Even if you return to your home and live among your own kind, you could always come here and visit me. I am used to there sometimes going a long time between visitors for me. And Omen... Truthfully, do you think she would leave you?"

Omen tilted her head, even more confused now than before, whilst Mother felt a smile creep over her face.

"Why would I leave them? They're friends and siblings."

It should prove a point, even if Omen didn't know she were making it. No matter where Sen and Lin would go, she would follow them there and find a way to be in the area. If that mean living in a nearby river or something else weird, that was fine with her. She liked water, and a anything else could likely be tolerable too, up to and including being given a lash and wandered around with like a pet. And as for Mother... Well, as she had said, this was her realm, away from everything. If they wished to see her, they could easily just come back here and visit.

Who knew? With flexible things like this, perhaps the siblings would need to chose, but instead get most of what they wanted.

================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Yeah, I guess you're right, though I think i have an idea why they haven't fixed this place up. Bad memories.

I mean, this were the place were Princess Luna turned evil. It would weigh on her consciousness a lot, just like it would with Princess Celestia and her memories about sending her sister to the moon for a millennia. Can't blame them for not wanting to live here again.

Though... Could be cool as a museum. Perhaps you should put it past the princess when we meet her again actually. Might be something incredible that could come from that."

Having no idea where they were since Serenade couldn't tell either, Ziggy shrugged and wandered up a long staircase in front of her, thinking that it was worth taking the risk to have an adventure. They wouldn't have any of that if they just stayed in the lobby, then turned around to go home early after all, right?

Edited by Blitz Boom
Added colors.
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spoiled Rich sighed quite loudly and thought for a second. "Well. I dare you to turn your behind around and just leave me alone. Besides, legal stuff is quite boring and dull. I am also not a little foal who will go down easily, if you should happen to attack me." she stood defiantly. 

@Blitz Boom

With a huff, Warlock dropped the sword, walking past her. "Good luck on trying to stop me." he said with a grin. "I want to enact revenge on her no matter how I do it." he turned around. "And it seems, family, is one way of doing it." He said menacingly before teleporting away.

There was a whooshing sound as smoke spiraled around near by Chow and Astral, Astral gasping a little as her cloak started to fly about she turned around to Warlock. "Warlock!"

"You know what I said, did I not make my threats clear?" He grinned, leaning his body back, then leaping forward. Astral then quickly teleporting away to Canterlot with Chow while ending up leaving the cloak behind, Warlock tumbling on the floor sliding onto the cloak. He snickered as he stood up. "They have a trap set up in Canterlot, how foolish they think I would fall for it without seeing it." He stood there, keeping a close eye on them from where he was, waiting until he had a moment to strike. He formed a sword out of the air. "If they want a battle, they'll get one..."

================================================================

Astral and Chow would arrive to the palace, Astral frantically looking around not for the palace but for Warlock. "Come on, I'd think he would've followed us...." She slowly yet very cautiously walked over to the palace, looking up to the throne room from below. "Well we can't waste much time waiting for him to come and follow us I suppose." She walked through the doors, checking behind herself to make sure Chow was following her, routinely doing this, worried Warlock could rush in and snatch him again.

================================================================

Iron Star was able to sense a powerful source of magic outside the palace now that he was out of range, he stood up, walking to the window. "Something very, very powerful just arrived, But it doesn't seem like Warlock." His eyes narrowed,as the source neared, able to sense the pony with the power. "A little over board for a simple teleportation...." He said to himself quietly.

Misty looked out the window. "Oh Astral is here!" Misty yelled out in excitement, her face showing a little dread. "But Warlock might be following her then...."

"I'd suggest getting some guards to check on her to make sure Warlock didn't follow, but he'll come for her even if he didn't. The amulet should keep her safe as long as Warlock can't use it himself."

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Hearing Mother and Omen speak those words calmed them, stalled a few streams of tears, and jogged something in Lin's mind. Well, a few things but Lin and Sen tenderly embraced Mother before Lin quickly reached into Sen's satchel and pulled out some crafting tools. They were the kind that artisans have in workshops, mostly fashioned out of simple materials like stone, sticks, and strings. Lin also pulled out a complete necklace that looked like it could be worn around a larger neck and sported many more scales. 

"Omen, do you remember the iridescent scale I gave you before I stepped into the wellspring's waters? I can finally fashion it into an ornament just like this one!" Lin raised the second, larger necklace before walking up to Mother and giving it to her with a big smile on her face. "This one is the first scale necklace I made. I didn't measure the amount of string needed so it ended looking really big and lousy on younger me. I thought maybe it'll look good on you. We didn't know about the lack of a stomach but Sen and I are so grateful that we thought we should give you something that says 'Thank you.' If not the donuts, then maybe this?" 

Then there was the second part. Sen interjected though it was more of continuing where Lin left off while approaching Omen with the box of donuts he bought. "Our family home is being refurnished and we can make changes to it. If you like, Omen, we can make some room for you. You are family and we want you to feel welcomed. When you need a place to stay in the village, you will always have a roof over your head in our home."

There was one more thought that ran through Lin's mind, harkening back to the wellspring once more. She saw herself sharing a meal with Sen and Omen and that thought brought her comfort in her uncertain moment. At first, Mother was absent from her thoughts but now that they are all together, she could see that same image again with her in the picture. She didn't say anything about it but she took one donut and smiled, knowing that for all of the trouble they have gone through together, there was always something good to look forward to. Sen knew this as well and thought about staying a little longer to cherish this moment spent in each other's company.

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

"Y-you mean you didn't just grow them from it, you mutated other ponies into Evergrown?" From what she said, it could have been true. Foxy was disgusted by such an idea, and hoped it weren't the case, because as chaotic Anomaly was, Foxy couldn't believe her to be a part of such.

Foxy noticed Briar seemed repulsed by it, even though it were the very thing that began his race. Foxy did remember what Briar told her earlier, about how he was an outcast treated horribly. Even so, she couldn't imagine the entire race to be so unscrupulous. Was Briar the only one that was "good?" Foxy did not ponder that thought too long, as she did not want to encourage bigoted thoughts toward them. There surely jad to be others. Perhaps only Briar's tribe treated them like that.

@Dji & @Blitz Boom

Letting out a light grunt of dissatisfaction from yet more teasing that he doesn't understand on account of never having come across a Cockatrice himself, Kaltrops grumbles at Aurora Lights.

"Well, whatever. It still sounds like a stupid animal. The meat probably tastes horrible. Like anything you find in the forests.

Stupid name anyway for a griffon. You don't even light up!"

Turning back to the red mare as she talks, Kaltrop reclines back into a puffed pout with his chest out in the clearly imitated pose of the sort of dragon stance one tends to see in illustrations.

"Fuh. I don't get you stupid ponies. If you mistrusted them enough to put penalties for not doing what you wanted them to do, why bother even giving out bits in the first place & encouraging them? If they have your bits, just maim them and take it back already. That's what us dragons do. Steal from our horde and we eat you. That's only logic, after all. If you cut a pony that kind of slack, they'll only just stab you in the back.

...and you aren't even answering my question! Here, let me rephrase for your stupid pony mind. Why are you taking ME to this ponytown? ...A-are you abducting me? *Gasp.*

DRAGONAPPER!!!"

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((*))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

To B.B's H.H.:

After getting back to walking by Happy Hour's side to their perspective loads, the two stallions stop for a bit in front of them as Ambie steps forward towards his own pile of wood & turns his back to the other stallion as he goes to sit down by the lumber.

"Oh, that's...  ...that's alright. Me and my parents never really... got along too well. I wouldn't want to bother them or you with... besides I..."

Turning back around to finish his sentence by looking back at Happy Hour, Ambie continues.

"...I don't really want them back in my life. Kind of... Heh, sort of the reason I left in the first place you know...

Besides, I still have time to get this load back to... ah... a Mr. Richard Filthy, right? I wouldn't want this wood spoiling before it gets to him! I don't want to disappoint Big M- The Apple Family."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A light, but playful whisper of a voice trails off after Vivid Loss: Yes... Yes, I am~*

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

To Whit: Oy He of the Funnily Served Ice Cream

The Voice in a Box looks down at Anomaly from his corner in a very slow and emotionless long blink, unaware of what she may have seen earlier while half-buried in a portal drawer. From the small, wooden box the oddly unmuffled, posh voice drones on again. 

"That... would most likely be a poor decision. I can, however, answer what I am capable of any inquiries you may have of the preceding realms you might have glimpsed. Though... I may yet wonder if feeding information to you would prove any less catalyzing than feeding a fire.

Now then. If there were any prior goals the Lady endeavored to accomplish by pursuing myself through into this realm, I may be capable of helping you out there instead with much more improved accuracy in the realm of directing you to your continuing efforts."

The eye slowly points towards the closer wall at an angle. If the tiny homonculus had any other face with which to discern an expression by, it could potentially be described as rolling its eyes at Anomaly.

"...preferably via the application of information. Or an exit if the Lady has a destination she needs to be. Besides ones existing in dimensions too incompatible to tolerate outside forces of chaotic magics."

@Blitz Boom

DAWN

"Yeah, a lot better," Dawn nodded with a big smile. "The sundae is really delicious which makes me wonder if you have any candied oranges. I heard they're a thing but as you know, I've never tried candy," she chuckled. She listened to the story of Pop meeting Applejack and her family and figured that she wasn't that bad a pony. "You know ... even if you do have an odd coltfriend ... you still sound alright to me."

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

AURORA

"While 'Poker Champion and Murderous Loan Shark' doesn't sound particularly nice, it's still true," Aurora pouted, not really liking the way Miss Shark laughed at her description. "I'm exploring Equestria. I've never been outside Griffonstone before so I thought 'why not tour magic pony land and see what's out there'?" Aurora shrugged. She then turned to the dragon and squinted her eyes. "You know ... a cockatrice can actually turn you into stone with a look of its eyes. You sure you don't want to meet one?"

@Blitz Boom

"I only know what I've seen, and from what I've seen, they're rotten.  If you want a better understanding of what they took, and why I'll stop at nothing to get it back, you'll have to follow me.  Otherwise, you should just leave."  Gaea started heading off into the forest, toward her home, without taking the trinkets from Zhu.

@Blitz Boom

"Let's get this investigation rolling then.  I'll start making calls to the local banks and the like.  If they have any of these bits, they need to be taken out of circulation immediately.  Who knows?  Maybe there's some evidence to be collected from them as well.  You said you have a few friends who might be able to help with the investigation, right?  Any information you can provide us with will help point us in the right direction."  The detective then turned toward Penny and added, "Thanks for coming to me with this Penny.  It was always one of the cases that I regretted having never solved."

@Blitz Boom

"That's very generous of them, giving up their spare parts when they're done with them.  It reminds me a lot of my own kind.  We know what our wood is being used for, and we're okay with it.  It's better than being eaten by terrormites," said Charlie, naive as always.

@Blitz Boom

Storm and Pinkie found the trail of tiny feet, following it to the hole in the ground. They began snuffling around the hole and digging at it a bit like a couple of dogs, "I smell the sugar!" Pinkie exclaimed happily as she tried to dig herself into the hole.

After a few minutes of this, they realized that they didn't seem to be making any progress and backed away before drooping a bit. "Hmm.." Storm rubbed at his muzzle thoughtfully, "We need some way to draw them out, or somepony who can fit in there.."

"I can fit!" Pinkie exclaimed, diving headfirst into the hole. "I can!" her voice came out a bit muffled as her back hooves scrabbled at the ground in a useless attempt to push herself into the hole.

"You know, it's weird. I've seen you fit into a cup before, but you can't seem to get in that hole." Storm commented idly, moving to try and pull the now stuck pink pony from the entrance to the sugar mole burrow, "It's like that ability only fails when it would be potentially comical to those humans on the other side of The Wall."

@Blitz Boom @Windchime

Light Rain took flight, following Benny in the air as fast as she could, which wasn't very fast. At least she wasn't held up by ponies because she was flying. She would hate to push people aside like that, just to get there faster.

They went through a couple of streets, and after a few corners they arrived at what she assumed was the office of the Enquirer. She only just glimpsed Benny walking inside when she rounded the final corner. She rushed over, landed, and entered the building.

"Hi... *wheeze* I'm h-here...too..." Light Rain mumbled upon entering, still out of breath from flying that fast, "I was... was... part of it. H-hold on lemme catch my breath."

She wheezed for a few seconds, and got some of her composure back.

"Yeah...like Benny said, this p-place looks nice," Light Rain added, with a slight wheeze still remaining. She really needed to work on her stamina.

She quickly thought of what she came here to do, and added "But don't pay any a-attention to me p-please, I'm just here for the mumblemumble"

She would now pay attention and try to find out the motives of everyone in the room, trying to see what exactly was going to happen. She was ready to sprint out the door at any moment though. She was not going to get trapped.

@Radience

A small, cocky smile spread on Brute's face.

"Not wanting to adhere to the law? I'll enjoy bringing the guard back here tomorrow then. Consider that your timeframe for either getting things prepared legally or getting the hay out of my town. We have enough troublemakers already."

Considering she couldn't force Richie along without getting an assault charge currently, Brute turned around and wandered back to the main part of town. She would have liked to return with a group of guards already, but today was a festival day, and they had to be around to keep guard over things there. They wouldn't have time to check something out like this unless the mare suddenly stood in the main street, covered in blood.

=========================================================================

@Lloyd

A sword. Potentially practical.

Athriel picked it up before moving too far down,a nd ran it over the stairs during her descent. Not too long after she started this, she heard a snap as old wire got cut and the first of likely several ways to make her stumble into the darkness got defused. Unimaginative and simplistic really, but that was how she thought of their order in general, so that wasn't much of a surprise.

She spared a thought to how it might go with Warlock and their escaping prisoners, but shook the thought away. She had more important things to focus on than how much he might damage them, though when he eventually returned, she needed to know how far he had gone, and potentially alternate their plans accordingly.

"If you're lucky Sapphire, he might leave her mostly unharmed."

============================================================================

@Lloyd

Chow wouldn't waste time when they landed, and would cofidently move along towards the guards like Astral had, though his face did show how afraid he had been when Warlock had suddenly showed up. He had been positive that was going to end badly, but now they had a chance. Just had to do something about the guards starting to close around Astral.

"We're here to surrender. You got us chaps, we can't run anymore. We're going right in there to plead for mercy straight away. Point for the Royal Guards."

The confusion that showed on a good deal of the guards as they hesitated grabbing either of them were a good opening for the pair to go in and head straight for the throne room, where they wouldn't get far if nothing happened from the inside.

========================================================================

@Lloyd

Dew gritted his teeth and interrupted before Golden had a chance to utter a word.

"Everypony gather behind me, follow in formation and keep close in case the monster comes too. Ambassador, lead Iron Star with you."

Golden would follow the commanding tone of the former general without hesitation, and hopefully the others wouldn't make a problem out of this considering Astral was close by and needed them.

They'd exit the room shortly after, to see the guards starting to surround the two escapees. Chow would spot the armored former general right off the bat, and quickly yelp out something to hm directly.

"We surrender! Put us in chains, lock us up, give us a spanking and say we've been bad foals, anything, just keep us here."

"Guards, ignore them and protect the door. We might soon get an unwelcome visitor just outside the shield. You two, get up here this instant."

Chow wouldn't hesitate on that and would actively push Astral along with him, not wanting to leave her behind. It wouldn't be too far off the mark before she'd feel the effects of the amulet dangling around Dew's neck if she did come close, yet it was hard to say what would happen if Warlock were near. He'd still have to start outside of the teleportation barrier, but that likely wouldn't buy them much time.

====================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen starred at Lin for a time after she spoke about the scale, then began to cough, trying to get the scale up from it's storage in her stomach area. It took her about a minute before she remembered that the pouch around her neck had it in it now, and pulled the scale out with her tongue. It were almost at Lin when Omen took it back so she could rummage in the bag again, and pull out a few more pieces of dried fruit, as she had seen the drake had caught the scent and were flailing it's tiny arms towards her. Apparently, it were hungry.

"Here."

The drake would be the quickest, lashing forward and grabbing the fruit whilst boring it's claws into Omen's tongue, though she wasn't too bothered with it. Perhaps ifit bit her it would be another story, but for now, it were okay.

Whilst she did this, Mother reached down and gently took hold of the necklace with the small scale in it, and lifted it to her eye so she could better see it. There wasn't strong light in here that could really show it off in all it's glory, but it was beautiful nonetheless in her eyes.

Lifting her hand, a string of shade rose from the ground and placed itself loosely around her neck, with the necklace she had been given strung in front, like a gem carrying a small gem. A necessity as Mother were too large to carry it otherwise. Hopefully they'd understand.

"It's beautiful. Thank you Lin."

Meanwhile, Omen had let the words the siblings had said simmer in her mind a bit, and would add something more once Mother were done speaking, though it would be a rather bad segue.

"Refurbished? What's that, and why is it being done to your home?"

The state of the sibling's home were yet another thing that had fled her memory, and it made her curious, though thinking about it, perhaps she should have asked why they had a home when they had said to her once that they had been written out of the town's history. Seemed odd, but perhaps she'd just have to wait and see. There were a lot of blanks from the last few days, and it'd likely just be faster to tell her things anew in the long run than trying to fix her memory, or just gloss over it entirely.

==================================================================

@Foxy Socks

"Not just Ponies. Griffons, Dragons, Diamond Dogs, a few Zebras, that sort of thing. The mutation is pretty much golden as long as it's a higher life form."

Anomaly scratched her ear, then looked around at the funny and horrified looks she were given.

"But I didn't do that. I just planted a few where there were nopony, and if there were some hikers, I scared them away first. Plus I used smaller seeds so the radius would be tinier. Like with a little place up north. Few miles only there, and the tree looks really pale and pretty.

Zhu is the one who wanted to plant them in populated areas. I think he did... Four, maybe five plantings in areas where there were beings that could be mutated in it? I know the biggest one were the one in the desert to the south, that got turned into a lustrous jungle via this seed. Also turned the caravan of beings that had gotten him there into Evergrown.

I never understood exactly why he did this though. All his talk about *bloodlines* and *necessary offspring* always sounded like mad pony talk, but he had taken me away from the cult and made sure I got raised into knowing some difference between good and evil, so I'm sure he had a good reason. Just like he had for teaching me how to make these things in the first place.

Anyway, babbling. Just saying, I never turned anypony into Evergrown. I just plant the trees a places away from everypony, then let nature drop them off on its own.

Well... Okay, I did turn one into an Evergrown once, but that was an accident, and the hermit seemed fine with it once he had gotten over the whole *freaking out* thing. I mean, not like I could reverse this anyway and fix him, so he had to, butt hat's not the point. Point is that one was an accident, and the others were Zhu. I don't wanna do monster things. Far as I guess, that's why I got killed in the first place, and once were plenty enough for me."

==========================================================================

@Widdershins @Dji

"Most ponies are harmless, and pays off on time, so I have nearly no beef with the general population. Still, once in a while somepony pops up that turns out to be an issue, and I'll have to fix it then. And beating my bits out of them ain't an option. Generally they spend the bits they borrow quickly, mainly on rent or something as I'm after all the sort that you go to when you're desperate, and don't pay back because they can't. Some of the runners are afraid I won't be possible to make a deal with, but those are rare as I'm pretty upfront with things, relatively speaking.

Plus again, trying to avoid getting tossed in jail. I have a certain lifestyle standard that doesn't include a dirty cell.

And you're coming with us to Ponyville because you're sitting on my wagon, I wanna go, and leaving it here with you ain't an option. If I wanted to *dragonap* you, I would've hired some goons to handle that mess, and you'd end up in chained in a cage if they were worth their salt. Or with tooth picks if they weren't

Now then, to get back to you there sugar, you're going the tourist route you say? Been past Las Pegasus yet? There's a carnival going these days, so might be worth it for you to check that out before it's done. Gives the place a real shine."

===============================================================================

@Widdershins

"Well, just a suggestion mate, no need to drag 'em in if you're trying to get away from all that. If I were you though, I would still keep it in mind just in case you run into him one day. I can come with ideas and suggestions all I want to what's going on exactly, but I'm not running with a hive, so might be some intricacies only he, or a long term drone would be ale to tell you.

Anyway, let's get this stuff to your client. Perhaps after that, we can discuss how you build a proper cart to drag these things in instead of breaking your back? I'm sure the Apple family can have a better use for you when you're not lying on a stretcher in the hospital."

It irked him to wander away from the subject, but there wasn't much he could do right now, considering how Ambie didn't want his parents in his life. It complicated things such as this greatly, and unless something changed, he'd actually just have to leave it here, which he hated. Not understanding things after having gone with it for a good deal of time made him cranky.

===============================================================================

@Widdershins

"I won't not promise that I could think about messing up the multiverse to go have fun in those places."

The double negative were unlikely to fool the creature. Even less so when she started making a low, evil chuckle before telling it what she had seen. She were idiotically transparent delightfully honest like that.

"-and that was the last one before I popped out again and the gate went bland. I mean, I have to get back to my other half eventually, but it's fun to meddle around with other worlds. Who cared if it causes some destruction?

Uhm... Is what an evil creature would say. Which I'm totally not. Nuhuh, not evil. *whistles*"

@Dji

"Good to hear you like it, though sadly, I cant offer any candied oranges. I tend to need to carry stock that can last since this isn't exactly the biggest town in Equestria, and cadied oranges just wouldn't last. Plus, it'd eat through my suplly far too fast.

I do carry some things with orange essence I make myself though. Drops, lollipops, some ice cream, and I've started mixing it with some of the chocolate. Perhaps when you're done I can show you what I got of it, and you can see if it's something for you? Can't hurt to have a small taste, right?"

Pouring another cup of coffee, Pop takes a long, drawn out sip before addressing Dawn again.

"It's good to hear you're warming up to my... Heh, *tastes* a little I suppose you can say. I promise that the first time you bring home a weird coltfriend I'll be there with funny comments and support as well."

Pop chuckled before taking another sip. Seemed like she were really starting to wake up now, and feeling a little sassy.

@Seamore Sandwich

"I have no issues with following your lead."

It would likely not make her think better of his claim of the future sight he held, but it mattered little to Zhu. Long as they could work together against this common enemy, there were no issue for him. Except in case she tried to kill the feline during this. it may be that she and the other had snatched his sister, but he did not see overall malice in her future paths. There were traces there of a caring being who just chose the criminals way. She were not rotten to the core, thought hat were only in what he had seen in her. With the other one... He did not know of him. For all he could tell, he might be one of the great weights on the scale of good and evil.

After pacing the trinkets back in his robes as it seemed like she had no interest in them, they went on their way. Not long after, a sound caught Zhu's ear and he looked up to see a group of squirrels on some branches ahead of them. It didn't cause concern immediately, but looking their simple lives over he could see something that would.

"In four seconds, a large branch will fall and break your left back leg. I would advise you to move quickly."

If she did not do so within the next two seconds, he would summon his wind magic to forcefully push her away a little, before the sizeable branch would fall on the ground between them. A squirrel would be clinging to it, and would scurry along the second it had gotten to it's legs again.

====================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

"Most assuredly detective. The nobles and other higher ups that tend to shop in my part of town, have a penance for excellent accounting. If I tell them of these coins and the imperfections to look for, they might be able to trace the purchase a few steps. Could be it simply leads to the bank, but who knows? Perhaps one of them have inadvertently traded with a middlepony at some point, r other clues could be found."

It were a thing that Scarcity would do, certainly, but she'd also send some notices out to her shadier clientele, who would run their own investigation into things. It was better not to think too much on how they did their job, but suffice it to say, they tended to find answers eventually. Would be interesting to see if she or the detective would learn something first actually.

===================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Vivid chuckles a little under her breath.

"You have a refreshingly innocent mind Charlie. I hope you will get to keep that."

Naive child that one, but she weren't going to burst his bubble currently. If he wanted to think that the changelings had donated these *spare* parts, then it wasn't an issue for her, and it would save her from having to defend the harsh reality from his judgement. She did that too much already, and it was tiresome and draining.

She had barely thought the sentence out before she stopped and looked to the side, where she gazed vaguely through the *membrane* of this place, where she had planned to hide Charlie for now. The Castle of Two Sisters. More specifically, a caved in basement that hadn't seen used in until years, nor been discovered. She were pretty sure if it had been, the gold figurine she could see would have been nicked then at least.

Using her magic to pass through, the air that met her were stale and quite honestly not too delicious, but it didn't have to be either. Charlie didn't breathe yet, and she were not staying, so as she placed him in a little crevice, then used a bit of magic to make sure that the rocks wouldn't fall on him, she were content enough with this hiding place.

"I know this is isolated, but that's the point. Think you can rest or whatever you do in your state until morning?"

If he said yes, she'd take her hoof away and seal up the crevice, making sure that even if somepony got in here, they shouldn't be able to just see or grab him with ease. Though she would admit that her magic were not at its finest right now, so it might be easier than normal if it came down to that.

After that, she'd go home, and rest until the sun rose over Equestria, though that again depended on Charlie's answer. If this place were harmful to him, she'd have to find someplace else.

@Shineling

"Hey, pinkbutt is stuck. Tried to run into the hole? Tsk tsk, that won't work. They're smaller than you right now. If you wanna be in their burrow, you'll have to zoom a little."

Grabbing hold of the fourth wall, Anomaly started to stretch the picture until Pinkie would be possible to just yank out without an issue, and the couple would likely fall backwards a little.

If they looked around, they should be able to tell that Anomaly had done one of two crazy things right now. Either she had enlarged the isle, or she had shrunk them. Directly or indirectly one of those would have to be it, since everything around them would now appear larger, and the hole would be something they could just wander into now without getting stuck.

She maaaaay also have made a magical *boop my snout* note appear on Pinkie's forehead that would entice everypony that looked at her to do so until it was removed, but they couldn't prove that was her... *nervous laughter*

@Seamore Sandwich @Tilgoreth

"- and every Thursday, we meet in there to let everypony voice any concern they may have, and attempt to resolve it. After all, we wish for you all to have as pleasant an experience here as possible, and hopefully find your path in our community. Something we understand is hard to achieve if you are not able to be heard."

BOJhgJe.png

The warm and friendly voice came just as a group of ponies - and one griffon - rounded the corner in the facility and were greeted by around five current members of their gathering. Three squires with trinkets of varying kinds adorning them, and two initiates it appeared. Sugar knew well of one of them. A bright young colt that were not far from earning his own trinket, and ascend to squire.

"Perhaps I could introduce you to one who have been where some of you were? Whisperwood, would you please?"

The young adult he had seen before came closer with a friendly smile on his face when he were asked to.

"It is good to see you Sugar Lime, as well as all these friendly faces."

Not all that followed Sugar Lime were friendly right now, but all would get the same smile from Whisperwind regardless.

"It is good to see you too my friend. EVerypony, this is Whisperwind. A year ago he came to our door, burdened with guilt and anger. We helped him through the dark times, and look at him now. A pillar of our community, and soon to be a welcome addition to our squires, if I'm not mistaken?"

"Heh, I hope so at least. This place and the beings within have done so much to help me during the last year, and now I get the chance to go further, and protect others in our hero's name. If I can pass that is."

"Don't worry my friend. I'm certain you will be able to pass with excellence. Just as any of you could be, our new brothers and sisters."

Sugar Lime turned to the group as he said the last part, highlighting once more how him and everypony else who wore a trinket of some kind seemed to have white coating to varying degrees.

"Before we move on, is there anypony who have questions for either of us? Do not be shy, those who asks shall receive."

@Holiday Agnaktor @Windchime

Benny turned around as he heard the mare they had spoken with before wheezing and trying to catch her breath. Her stamina could use a little work from the sound of it, but she had gotten there fairly shortly after them. Not bad really, though perhaps he should not draw attention to that right now. He were not a recruiter after all, and flatter was not always the right answer.

She should still be able to feel the love rolling off Benny, so if she were needing a bit of energy, there would be no shortage for her passive feeding, but that might more be a curse than anything considering how she appeared to have taken it earlier. Hard to say.

"Ah, hello there ma'am. I'm sorry, if I had known you were supposed to come here too, I would have helped."

He wrinkled his nose slightly, confused as he smelled the faint aroma of caramelized apples again. Strange that it had followed him here, but it was likely nothing. Perhaps somepony in here had just eaten one recently? His sense of smell were rather good after all, so it could focus on somepony's lunch. Nothing to it.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Richie would be silent at what she said. She knew that this mare was trying to get her into trouble, or so she thought. She also knew that if she didn't do anything yet, the guard would have no reason to be after her. She spreads her green translucent wings and flew high above the town, watching Brute Force's every move for a little while, and then flew over streets and buildings, for possible places to steal, if they were guarded too much then she would just immediately cross them out of her list. 

@Blitz Boom @Holiday Agnaktor

Avabella Printrose sneered at the one, now two interruptions in her workplace, with an extra side-glance to Striking Detail on top.
"Mister Detail, you know that if you are to interview sources, you have to go through the lobby, no matter how faaar that might be. Are you ready to write your article yet?" Printrose spoke sternly.

"That's not-"

"Do you need to interview TWO MORE sources before you can finally start writing?" Printrose asked, tone filled with annoyance and sarcasm.

"But that's-"

"Then get at it quickly and get behind your printer already. You know the deadline's tomorro-"

"That's why I want you to STOP!" Detail decided to stop this power-play demonstration of a back-and-forth. Printrose is unbearable when she's under load. He decided that now that he's got everybody's attention, it was the perfect time to call upon his-

"Back to work everyone. Detail and I will work this out in the interview roo-"

"NO! I need everyone's attention in this!" Detail rapidly looked around to see if he could make eye contact with as many writers as possible, hopefully using his slightly intimidating appearance to his advantage for once, despite his obvious outranking. Striking Detail is not an editor, but he has read a lot of articles going into the special already. He knows most of the writers here are guilty.

"Now I know this article means a lot to you, miss Printrose, but I insist that printing has to be halted, and articles have to be altered. What we have right now cannot go through to the media" Striking Detail tried to explain, before inevitably the attention was taken away from him.

"Mister Detail, this edition is not like the others." Printrose disapproved.

"You always say that" Detail retorted.

"And this time I mean it."

"That too" Detail sighed. "Either way, let me explain. I spoke to a member of the royal guard about some of our leads, and discovered most of our content is utterly unprintable. Especially the way that they're written. Every changeling threat that we decided to work in can be considered as libel, and can be taken as purposeful fear-mongering among Manehattan society"

"What is the MEANING of this?!" Upon hearing that her hard work has allegedly been for naught, Printrose borders on a rage.

"The Canterlot Royal Guard have tried their best to make reformed changelings mingle more successfully among pony population, and these articles will only serve to hinder that. If we are not careful, not only will we tarnish the changeling race's reputation in Manehattan forever, but will we have the Royal Guard hounding us to recall our articles"

"Well, if they're doing this, they're obviously not reformed! Why is this happening then?" Printrose said, in an attempt of protest.

"Because we are accusing the wrong group. And I will have my dragon guard friend here explain." Losing his his temporary surge of confidence, Detail quickly looked to Benny as he swiftly took two steps back in order to make the dragon stand nearest to Printrose again. Detail never went against Printrose like this, and was to an extent afraid to see what would happen next, but tried his best to not show it.

Printrose, on the other hand, just saw this as a lot more stress, with no gravity in the situation. She had to get this over with as soon as possible, to have her writers finish this special before the deadline print distribution. She had worked hard on this special edition, and did not want her effort to go to waste. She had to inform the populace of what the changelings have done in Manehattan.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Foxy knee Anomaly meant no harm, but she saw no good reason for whoever Zhu was to purposely change other ponies against their will into different beings. She knew well enough how being different was hard enough, and ruining other's lives for personal gain was inexcusable. Foxy felt rage building up inside her. She was rarely one to become angry.

"Thank you Anomaly. I am glad you didn't participate in something so horrible. I worry though, is he still around? Zhu, I mean. He may cause other incidents like that."

It was ironic how she at first had admired of being there for the creation of a race, only to become disgusted finding out how. Foxy didn't care what Zhu's reason was, it was certainly of no good. If he was still around, it could only get worse it seemed.

Edited by Foxy Socks

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"There was a time when we went to the old family home to look for clues on Solasan's whereabouts." Lin said, replying to Omen's query and picking up the scale.  "The whole place was in disrepair and it was slowly falling apart. Elder Ghilan said he'd a get a few villagers to fix it up and redesign it if we wished. We thought maybe you want to come and stay in the village and want a room for yourself. Just say the word and we can have that arranged. If you have any ideas on what you want in it or how you want it decorated, we can help you out there as well."

The sight of the drake eating reminded Sen it was there but most of their adventures in the village and in the surrounding areas left him with a relatively poor memory of what happened, other than the main parts at least. It sort of made him jealous about having a pet that wouldn't bite him in the nose or be otherwise wary of his presence but it is understood; he didn't have a familiar scent associated with Lin and Omen. 

"There was also what Ghilan planned to do. He said he'd start with ending the practice of exile," Sen added as he grabbed a donut from the box he was carrying and offered some to Omen. "Lin and I still don't exist in the village's records but the elder said he'd undo all of that. The villagers are slowly returning back to their daily routines and while some are grateful for being freed from Solasan's tyranny, a lot are unsure or wary about us coming back. That is especially true for you, Omen, but sister and I won't let anyone harm you."

Lin wasn't sure about the donuts; it was unfamiliar with strange colors on them. Upon biting into it, she tasted flavors she didn't know existed. She left some of the donut she bit in the corners of her mouth, savoring the flavors. She'll let Omen take her time and there was always time to fashion a nice necklace for her. The larger one given to Mother had a strange placement on it but given how strange her life has become recently, Lin's simply happy sharing the love around. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Astral snickered a bit at Chow's small antics, almost laughing at him at his last one. "I should've told you they weren't going to kill us, but I thought you knew." Her eyes traced the path of smoke flying off of her, into the amulet. "Oh how much magic has that gathered so far?" She said turning to look at Golden. "You gave this guy the most concentrated source of magic or dark magic in Equestria." She reached out a hoof pointing to it, she turned her head to look at Dew.

"Well he's a general and doesn't use magic, so he should be fine."

"If Warlock can use this, He just became a target too, making it more likely Warlock will come."

Iron Star cleared his throat. "That's kind of the idea the idea, we need to draw Warlock in. with you here that helps a little."

Astral scoffed, looking disgusted. "So you're using ponies as bait?" She said looking to Golden, stepping away from Dew. "Not exactly ethical."

There was a loud metal clattering echoing throughout the room, Nectar leaning down to the floor, reaching for a sword, although looking at everyone else in the room. "Sorry, just teleported one of my weapons in." She lifted up the sword with a hoof. "Will need it without being able to use magic around Warlock." She looked at Iron Star, moving over Astral and Chow. "Although all of us should have ordinary weapons thinking about it."

"I'd make some but I'm scarce in magic."

Nectar's horn glowed a little, she glanced up at it, looking out the window to see her changeling army running towards just one armored pony, heading towards them. "Uh oh." She stepped back from the window. "Watch out!"

There was an armored pony bursting through the window, with a horn coming out of the helmet as if to make him look like a unicorn, and with many layers of armor yet he seemed to move effortlessly, Astral pulling Chow under her to keep him safe from the glass coming at them, the shards bouncing off her barely maintaining warding spell, which soon faded into the amulet. The pony hit the ground, sliding across it and lifting a broad sword, letting it hitting the ground while still holding it. "I haven't needed to wear armor in eons." He lifted the sword up, pointing it to Dew. "Not like the amulet works on naturally tough armor right?" He snickered, and his head was knocked to the side with a large sword from Nectar, Warlock falling over, tumbling a bit and sliding back into a standing position. "Don't expect to win just yet you eager fillies."

Iron Wing's ears perked up, his head turning to exit of the room as he heard a loud breaking of glass and some crashing,a sound Screecher could hear herself. "We need to get to the throne room Screecher!" He said before rushing out, flapping his wings to run at a higher speed.

(edited)

@Lloyd

"I know that these methods are not ideal, but I had no other ideas of how to draw him here, and assaulting him when he haves omnipotence is a fools errand. And as to the amulet, I will say in my defense that it have drained magic for centuries, not just hours, What it is taking now is mere drops in the ocean."

"Enough! We need to be ready for-"

Longer Dew didn't get before the armored Warlock came in through the wall, as cocky as one could imagine from somepony who thought themselves above everypony else.

Dew got a smirk on his face that the others wouldn't be able to see underneath the helmet when he were knocked a little by Nectar though. He would give credit to the changeling where it was due, she were pretty ballsy to go at him like that, and if they managed to live through this, he'd have to get her to the training hall at one point. Retired or not, he could still feel a want to spar a little now and again.

But that wasn't for now. As the guards started to close off behind Warlock, it was time for them to get their orders.

"Formation 37q, and get the casters to reestablish the teleportation shield now! He's not going to escape this time."

A few guards went outside to fix the problem with one of the casters, which that had been neutralized. A guarantee since Nectar had been able to teleport in a weapon, though how were unknown. Hopefully it was just a quick lapse in concentration and they'd have it up again soon so they could trap Warlock. This was not his turf now after all, not when this was a physical fight.

"Darn straight he ain't. I'm not letting this mongrel hurt her again."

Chow rose up and jumped forward so he'd be between Astral and Warlock. He were well battered after the last day or so, and greatly humiliated in every aspect as he were a spoon to a gun fight with all the magic that had been floating around. But right now it seemed as if magic wasn't a factor, and that meant it was his time to try and help, whilst for once not ending up a complete disaster or liability.

"Stay behind and protect. let him come to us."

Chow did as he were told, though he did pick up a lance from the floor that one of the nearby guards had dropped when Warlock burted in. It had slid across to floor closely to him, and would hopefully serve in letting him fight back when it came to it. Wasn't a question about whatever or not Warlock would come for Astral at least. Just a question about when.

As for the guards,t hey were using the attack formation that they had been instructed to use, which were an al out assault in an uneven pattern. It would seem as if they were just lounging at him and strike foolishly towards him where Warlock would be able to avoid it, but in actuality, they would be pushing him closer to the middle of the room, and where Dew would stand ready to strike. Wasn't a good idea to try before that as he had to be close enough to absorb waves sent towards his companions, but it would more than likely work as he had thought out. If not, he had a few back ups prepared, though he would wish that the generals were here right now. They could sorely use their help.

======================================================================

@Lloyd

Screecher saw the stallion run off and would follow him basically straight after, gritting her teeth and preparing herself mentally for a fight. This time she would end up too late to make a difference.

Benny on the other hoof, would be a half minute behind them, but that were because he first went over and grabbed as many weapons as he could from a nearby rack, before making his way toward the hall. He'd have to carry them on his back until he got out of the room, which would delay him a quarter of a minute more, but he'd get there eventually. Hopefully it wouldn't be too late at that point.

====================================================================

@Radience

So, the menace was following her it seemed. This might well work in her advantage, by letting the look of this mare get out there to spread some concern.

Wandering quickly toward one of the main streets, some ponies seemed to get a look of the strange mare in the sky before she took off, including one of the guards it seemed. Not the main officer in town unfortunately, but she'd take what she could get.

"If you're wondering, she haves her base near the building where we have stored the carousel from last year."

It was a passing message, but it seemed to take root. Given enough time now, or the green-winged mare making a ruckus, this should help convince at least a few of them to have a look.

Speaking of Richie, where were she? Didn't make Brute comfortable not knowing where she were right now, so she guessed she'd take a round and see if she could find her. Starting at the bank, since the earth pony had sounded like getting rich quick was her main goal.

==========================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"This forest aren't so bad really. Few guards to keep the timberwolves at bay and it'd be fine. Long as you don't go here during the daaaaaay."

The voice dragged out as Ziggy stepped on a fragile piece of floor a little after reach8ng the top of the stairs, and went tumbling into the darkness with the torch flaring next to her.

The current trajectory would send her into what looked like it used to be a freezer at some point, though like the rest of the place, time had not been kind to it. Still, it wasn't frozen in there, so there were at least that going for them as Ziggy tried to gain some control over her fall and enough space to even spread her wings a little. Wasn't looking good on either account considering her large wingspan, so she'd likely hit the racks down there in a few seconds.

======================

@Windchime @Holiday Agnaktor

Man these two were getting into a heated argument, to put it mildly. He were almost starting to feel like this was a therapy session when the spotlight got shifted unto him, and he were now faced with the agitated publisher.

"The situation is a little more complicated than what Miss Detail is saying I'm afraid.

Few months back, the main hive of Queen Chrysalis underwent a mutiny, and she were overthrown. In the process, King Thorax - as their new regent is called - also had him and a good deal of his hive undergo a transformation. Made them more colorful, and more importantly, not needing to harvest love anymore.

This, and the fact that the new regent worked with Equestria to overthrow the queen, caused Princess Celestia to begin diplomatic negotiations with them. It's why there's a law now about changelings legally being allowed in Equestria as long as they don't impersonate somepony, among other things.

Thing is, while the negotiations are covering for all changeling kind, his is just the main hive, and the only one not needing love anymore at this point in time. There's a currently unknown number of hives out there, and while most sides with King Thorax to enter a new time, there's still loyalists of Queen Chrysalis and the chance of minor rogue hives that clings to the old ways.

The Royal Guard are well advised to look out for the troublemakers and impersonators, and it's good for the populace to keep an eye out too, but... Well, remember how badly it was when anti-dragon propaganda was still running? It pushed a lot of those who wanted to mingle away from Equines, and towards the more war-centered ideals. Changelings are no different, and if they only see attacks and ignorance, we'll just end up back were we were before.

I understand the press have the freedom to speak their mind, and I'm not trying to censor you from your opinions on changelings. With the things I've heard have happened here recently, I wouldn't be too thrilled about them either if I were in your shoes. But there's laws in place about a blank attack on everypony based on their race, especially when it comes to allies of Equestria, and both because of that and how fragile the new allegiance is, I urge you to perhaps edit it a little. Just to get some of the facts in, so the beings of your fine city knows there's issues here, but it's not with all of them, and to avoid issues with the law.

You'd frankly make history by posting anything though. Every other news outlets that the guards have approached about writing things about changelings have declined, saying they'd rather write nothing than have anypony feel sympathy with any changeling.

Also, if I may say so, from what I've been told of the episodes in town, it sounds like you don't have an attack force on your hooves. We've been informed some of how hives work in the Royal Guards, and an effective one would have removed targets before impersonating them, so they wouldn't have gotten caught. Plus - and I mean no disrespect with this - they would have replaced you first. Controlling the media and making sure no news about any incidents come out there, is a great way to ensure it's too late to react when they strike.

So yeah... Criticism and informing everypony is something the guard can support about this, but there's a line between that, and what amounts to racially motivated attack adds, and it's not good for anypony if it comes to that.

Besides, these incidents are more random and confused in it than overly hostile. Rogue hives or hiveless ones confused about what to do more than likely, who'll be picked up by the guard when they're found and dealt with like any criminal.

I'm sorry if this is a little rambly, but from what it sounds like, there can be a world of trouble for everypony if the article are as hostile as it sounds, and I want to help to avoid getting anypony in trouble.

Perhaps I could offer you some more information on the new laws, programs starting to be set in motion to integrate the law-abiding changelings, or some insight on how hives work, from the drone King Thorax sent to educate the Royal Guards a little on what to look for? I know you likely can't use all of it, but perhaps some will make it through and you can have a good scoop on stuff most doesn't know about ma'am?"

This was where it'd break or make things. If the editor had no interest in further input and figured he were bluffing with the law about racially motivated propaganda - which he wasn't - this was going to get ugly, and his best bet would be to try and find an actual changeling in town and try to convince him/her to lead him to their hive so he could warn them. Unless it really were hiveless ones, in which case the best he could do were telling them to warn one another.

If the editor were willing to get some input however... Well, the article would still be negative he'd guess, but it would have facts and could focus on the problem individuals, rather than stamp them all as being monsters. It'd be as good as he could hope for these days.

@Foxy Socks

"Much have happened, though most never were. Such is the fickle flow of the unseen."

The slightly growling, though passive voice caught Briar, Brittle and Anomaly by surprise, before a robed figure exited the tent nearest them.

He were a half head taller than an adult pony, but quite a bit longer, mainly because of the long tail wavering quietly behind him, as without it, he would only be a hoof's width longer than the equines.

As with the rest of him, the tail were covered in the thick, brown cloth that made his robe, though it were more cylindrical on the tail so it didn't drag over the ground. From how it got tighter the longer the tail went, it didn't seem like a pony tail, though the striped paws sticking out from under the robes would be a clue to that as well.

His head were covered and he wasn't looking at any of them currently, so his face were impossible to see in the darkness of the hood, but the tip of a slit tongue could briefly be seen tasting the air before returning.

Whoever this were, he had been able to remain unseen and without scent thus far. Begged the question, how much had he listened in to?

"Zhu! I've been looking everywhere for you."

Anomaly bounced over and hugged the robed being, who seemed to just stand there and take it like he didn't care.

"The wind did not blow in the forest."

"Yeah yeah, weird cryptic nonsense. What're you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you."

Zhu's paw went into his robe and withdrew what looked like a glass marble, but with some kind of green, red and yellow dots floating aimlessly around inside it.

"Guess it broke, huh? No worries, I'll fix it. Oh, say hello to new friends in the meantime okay? We were just talking about you."

"I heard."

Zhu handed the marble towards Anomaly. If Foxy wanted to confront Zhu, now would be as good a time as ever.

@EQ_Theta

"Okay. I'll come. Perhaps seeing helps me remember it?"

"I'm afraid that's unlikely Omen. If what I think happened is right, you had too much of your trip in your unprocessed memories, and if you had to focus too much on the scholars... I'm sorry, but the memories are gone."

Omen looked up at Mother, then shrugged and put the drake on her tongue towards her own head, where it'd return to her mane with it's food.

"No need to wonder anymore I guess. I'm ready to go."

"Try and relax for a while, okay honey? Find a waterfall perhaps?

And you, Sen and Lin. You have been through much to get where you are now, and you've earned a chance more at a life that seemed over, whilst actively helped to improve the future of your kind.

I'm proud of you, and all you have done. I can't imagine what your futures will bring, and how hard it will be for your village to accept you back, but I know you will endure and get through this. Just try and stay safe so I don't need to worry about you so much."

Mother said the last part with a smile, though inside she felt saddened over their actual parents not being here to tell them how proud they were. Perhaps there had been a time where she could do something about this, and let them see eachother one last time, but she didn't have the power she once had anymore, and even then, Mortimer would not like it. He were very direct in how the afterlife should go, and he rarely made exceptions.

"...Wait, isn't it a bad idea to take contact to Ponyville? Strange place, and Master Diiscord seems to be there sometime. Don't know if they will like him."

Whilst Omen lead into the bad segue, Mother sent a small gust of wind towards the floating orb with the scholars, with a message meant for it alone. Mainly to not interrupt the children right now.

"Perhaps it is better if we reschedule our talk to another time, in case you wish to go home with them? I could send you back later if it were, but I wouldn't force my company upon you if you wish to arrive with the children."

Edited by Blitz Boom
Added colors.
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

DAWN

"Okay ... I could try some of those orange candies you mentioned? The ones mixed up with other things like the chocolate and such?" Dawn wondered, the second cup of coffee having woken her up completely and simply frowned at Pop's sassy comments. "Enough with the sass," she muttered and slowly sipped at the remainder of her coffee. She didn't expect the brew to burn her again, but she was cautious nonetheless.

@Widdershins & @Blitz Boom

On 7/31/2017 at 2:43 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Most ponies are harmless, and pays off on time, so I have nearly no beef with the general population. Still, once in a while somepony pops up that turns out to be an issue, and I'll have to fix it then. And beating my bits out of them ain't an option. Generally they spend the bits they borrow quickly, mainly on rent or something as I'm after all the sort that you go to when you're desperate, and don't pay back because they can't. Some of the runners are afraid I won't be possible to make a deal with, but those are rare as I'm pretty upfront with things, relatively speaking.

Plus again, trying to avoid getting tossed in jail. I have a certain lifestyle standard that doesn't include a dirty cell.

And you're coming with us to Ponyville because you're sitting on my wagon, I wanna go, and leaving it here with you ain't an option. If I wanted to *dragonap* you, I would've hired some goons to handle that mess, and you'd end up in chained in a cage if they were worth their salt. Or with tooth picks if they weren't

Now then, to get back to you there sugar, you're going the tourist route you say? Been past Las Pegasus yet? There's a carnival going these days, so might be worth it for you to check that out before it's done. Gives the place a real shine."

AURORA

"And that lifestyle standard seems pretty low. Considering loan sharks back in Griffonstone tend to get sent to jail for roughing up a fellow Griffin too much. As for me, yeah, I'm taking the tourist route. I didn't expect Equestria to be this vast. It's almost double the size of the Griffin Kingdom last I checked. Don't quote me on that. I could be, and am most likely, wrong. Las Pegasus ... eh, I'll get there eventually. I'm taking it slow and I don't care how long it takes me. I'm just glad my parents supported me wholeheartedly in this endeavor. They couldn't get me out the door quick enough!" Aurora laughed.

Edited by Dji

@Blitz Boom

Richie broke off her pursuit of Brute Force and started flying towards the casino. She was here to gamble and make money afterall. She landed at the entrance and retracted her wings, and went inside the casino, ready to make some big bucks for herself. 

@Blitz Boom

"That much is true, Omen," Sen calmly replied. "Though there is also a chance that maybe with Discord reformed, the longma could slowly forgive and learn that even the worst villains of their history could change. But let us not linger on the what ifs for now, that is a bridge to be crossed when we arrive there. Right now, there are just some loose ends that need patching up." 

Loose ends... a few unsaid and unfinished tasks that no longer felt rushed. Lin remembered one, and with time on everyone's side, it was only a matter of time before she remembered what she wanted to do. A few thoughts and words floated around her mind: unsaid, loose end, a promise unfulfilled. Before embarking on the journey to the wellspring, she remembered settling down with Sen by her side and wanting to spend her final moments giving him the peace of mind he needed. With his nightmares becoming more unrelenting with each night, who knows just how much longer he could last without his dreams tormenting him. No matter how much he tried to downplay it, Sen needed help and now is the best time to do just that. She quickly jumped in to get her point across.

"Like your recurring nightmares. The last time you had one, you were talking in your sleep and in distress; you saw me and Omen throwing you into a pit and abandoning you. That isn't right. If it were any worse, maybe you wouldn't wake up again because you were gripped in fear. I'm worried those distortions in your dreams are likely affecting your way of seeing us. Please, let us help."

The orb slowly approached and spoke with an air of confidence despite not having a face to show it. "We know of a way. This form of magic allows one or two individuals to enter a dream and navigate it in a wakeful state. It is possible to send more in but it will become more difficult with more individuals in a dream, likely destabilizing it more than it needs to be. We can provide visualization and communication routes to and from the dream for those who cannot proceed further." 

Lin looked to Omen and remembered the same moment she had this sequence of events happen in the midst of the spectral guardians. This time, she is brimming with confidence that she can fulfill her promise without time weighing her down. She hoped Omen remembered this moment as well and without saying more, she looked to her sister with a gaze that asked: "Will you join me?"

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Zhu had an intimidating presence. Being almost completely shrouded by robes gave off a mysterious, yet frightening feeling. Foxy did not move as she noticed his presence. It was very rare anypony could hide from her. She was an expert in hiding, and she could also notice others if they are hidden themselves. However this figure seemingly appeared out of thin air, catching even Foxy off guard. Too frightened to move, she could only imagine how Brittle was feeling.

"Z... Z... Zhu? Y-you are the p-pony Anomaly was t-talking about?" Foxy shakily asked. "I-if you are... why did you..."  Foxy wanted to be angry, but she felt helpless, shaking all over. Foxy couldn't speak, she fell on the ground, a nervous wreck.

@Blitz Boom @Holiday Agnaktor

A moment of tension passed as the editor mulled over the evidence, calming down as she thought over the points. The barrage of points were undeniable. A dragon from the royal guard halting her extra-special changeling special in the name of the law. She wouldn't be able to convince the writers to continue anyway now that they've seen this all happen, even if she wanted to, and continuing sounds like a terrible idea. Earlier she wanted to fire Striking Detail for this interference, but it seems like it was good for him to raise the issue after all. And an interview from the guard themselves, and the fact that nobody has done this before?
Printrose had to admit something: She never knew that the situation was this way. She heard about the King Thorax, of course, the news made great rounds, but when changeling occurrences were popping up anyway Printrose felt like she had to inform the population out of obligation. And besides, if a guard was here, maybe we could help eachother?

In retrospect, this special was going to be more special than ever. But to apologize and attempt to save face in front of the authority...

"Oh, ahem, err, sorry." She glanced in nervousness over the writers behind her, who now know that she raved against someone in the wrong (terrible reputation harsher in the media business, by the by) and gestured to Detail.

"Mister Detail, thank you for letting us know the situation about all this in time. Dragon guard, I'm afraid you'll be stuck for a while explaining the details to our writer crew here, and then perhaps stuck in an interview. I hope we're not holding up valuable guard duty time here, so you may take your leave if you have something to attend to; but you will be welcome here anytime preferably before deadline to explain things to us." thanked Avabella Printrose.

She turned to the writers. "Writers, you've heard what's going on, please edit your articles accordingly; I hope you understand that it is not good to bother the Royal Guard. Hopefully, if the dragon guard accepts, you can ask him questions anytime." The soft crinkling of paper was heard throughout the office as paper was replaced almost globally in all typewriters, except for the dragon, who may have been writing positive articles this entire time, perhaps knowing how it feels to be globally socially ostracized. The rhythmic clacking of typewriters resumed as the writers keep their heads down, secretly waiting for the guard's response before they jump on him.

Printrose turned to Light Rain.  "And you, young lady? Have you heard what you wanted? Could I get you a cup of tea in the lobby? In the meantime, Mister Detail, please get to work."

...This entire time, Striking Detail wondered why the dragon kept calling him 'Miss'. Did he look feminine? Did he accidentally get makeup on? Where's a mirror? And thank Celestia that Printrose realised the wrong of her ways. That surely could have gone a whole different wa-

Snapping out of his thoughts upon hearing his name the second time, he looked back up at the dragon next to him and said: "Right, right. So, Benny, what do you say?"

• Brohoof 1