Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Brute scoffed at the mention that Discord were not as bad as she gave him credit for.

"If you want to believe he is better than that, you're free to do so. It will take far more to make me trust him."

"Master Discord changed."

There was that voice again, from the mare who called herself Omen. The projected, whispering voice in the head of her, and everypony else i the vicinity, was unnerving.

"I remember him changing things. Ponies. Everything that he didn't like. You're mean to him, but you're the same."

Brute didn't answer that, but she did feel a bit of a sting to her pride from being told off by somepony who sounded like a being with barely any emotions, and the mental capacity of a small foal. The broken sentences told a story at least, though something told her that poking into that, and why this one were calling Discord her master, might be something she should dig into as they went on their way.

"They are looking strangely."

Omen in the meantime, just focused on the beings around her, and noticed how most eyes were following their group. Who they were looking at specifically she weren't sure, but Discord was a great and powerful being, so i would make some sense to her if it was him they focused on. Were they also mad at him like the big mare seemed to be?

"They have their reasons. File Fiddler will too, and he will grill you for information. He doesn't trust too many outsiders. I can imagine that you two will have to start taking the brunt of that side, Sen and Lin, considering your kind isn't exactly local."

She had no idea what they were frankly, but she were starting to get the picture that they were in fact the normal ones of their four being group. A strange day it were when that was the case, but when Discord was involved, normality didn't have a chance.

===================================================================================================================

@Dji @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

"When we get there, somepony will need to get her out of the wagon. Ghost, you can act unseen. Float her out when we get there, and they will likely think the princess have done it. We will continue to the castle afterwards."

"My name is Cherish... And I can't go with you there."

"Why?"

"I-I'm bound to the sister castle. I can't go anywhere without a piece of that being there. I tried to sneak one on both of them, but the doctor was the only one with pockets. You'll have to take the stone from her pocket, or I'll have to go with her."

"Transfer it to me."

Cherish hesitated a bit, but she complied, and slowly slid the small piece of broken metal out of the Zegasus' pocket, and slid it into Last's scabbard.

"Good. Now keep the pulling steadily, and keep quiet. That one goes for you as well, Siren. We are getting too close to others now."

There were thankfully not that many close by on their path around the edges. Either Aurora had gotten the message across, or they were just lucky. Either way, ponies and others either stood at a distance, or moved as they got closer. It would make this quite a bit easier, though it would still be best if the Siren didn't speak, and if she did, it had to be low. They had gotten too far now to fail on the finish line.

Aurora wasn't unseen by everypony however. Though she stayed on the top of the wagon for now, the Mimic had heard the rustling in the bushes and trees, and looked towards where she heard the sound. Fah'lina pointed her small hands towards her own eyes, then towards the bush she currently was sure the tracker was in, to tell her that she knew that she were there. Though she wasn't sure who it were exactly. They were too far for her to get a good sense of smell on that one, especially with all the other smells from Ponyville getting to them now, along with just her group in general. Many smells there, like ocean, perfume, and sweat, to mention just a few.

========================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"I'm loathe to say it, but we might have to try the teleportation route, even if it exposes yer talents. Warlock reminds me of a timid boar. He'll smack head first into things the second he thinks he can get away with it, and if he haves power now, your daddy and the lil' one might soon be in a world of trouble.

If they try to get at you, try and play it off like you ain't sure what just happened. With all the weird stuff going on, they might be willing to believe that it could've been an accident of some kind. Otherwise, we'll try to find a way to talk our way out of it. Whatever we'll have to do, I'll take the chance over potentially leaving your family in the wrong end of a smacking from some bozo and his parasite sidekick."

============================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Yes, but don't get overconfident in there. The first sign we might be in trouble, and we're off. We can't risk our advantage, or them potentially drawing out the element from you."

She were sure that he had some kind of crazy idea. Perhaps he was thinking that he could just drain the entirety of Canterlot in one swoop? Impossible frankly, as she had seen his limitations, and knew that he had to be within a certain distance, even with the Element of Greed (which he currently did not possess) and ignoring your own limitations were foolish. She certainly couldn't, as this body, whilst physically acceptable, were not good at amplifying magic in her current state.

"Let us just be done with it. I have a castle to distract."

The only thing Enzo was thinking about now, were whatever or not Warlock would be able to transport him as well, and if so, whatever or not he would be dumb enough to place him inside a small building meant for ponies. Depending on the construction, he might just break the walls around him, but even then he wouldn't be pleased. He did not leave one building just to be trapped in a smaller one.

=======================================================================================================

@Lloyd

Just as Shimmer, Nectar and Francis exited the room, Scarcity and her entourage would arrive to the two doors, with guards following them and those at the doors grasping for their blades as she approached.

"Ah, how timely. Would you mind being a dear and call off your colleagues, Lieutenant? As I have tried to explain to them, we only come here with good in mind."

Shimmer looked at Scarcity with suspicion, and the two that followed her even more so. Something about covered items made her uneasy, especially if this was meant for the room where Golden were in.

"I'm not sure who you are, but this is a restricted area. I will have to ask you to leave."

"My name is Scarcity, and whilst I would love to stay and chat, I am afraid that my errand here have some urgency behind it. Golden Nights asked me to deliver something, in case he got into problems."

Before the Lieutenant could protest this, Scarcity pulled forth a document and handed it to Shimmer. It carried the seal the ambassador used, as well as his signature further down the page, and would describe in what seemed very much like his own words the need for certain objects to be delivered to his side, in case Warlock caused an issue.

It was genuine as far as anypony could tell, though Scarcity had fabricated it. She had spend enough time with Golden over the years to know how he expressed himself on paper, as well as how to properly forge his signature. The seal was another matter entirely, but recently, he had begrudgingly allowed her to use copies of the seals he rotated between in case of emergency, as long as she did not use it for anything else. He would find out if a seal had been used somewhere he had not authorized it, and this way he would know who to strike down for it.

It was actually meant as a way for him to lure her into a trap originally, and have something substantially to hold over her head, but she had yet to abuse this. In fact, over the last four months she had had them, she had now only used the seal once. She were not stupid enough to fall for trickery that easily.

"...Everything seems in order."

"Lovely to hear that dear. Brick, Blackbeak, be so kind as to bring this into the room. Golden might need this sooner than he had anticipated."

Scarcity were not sure about this of course, but she had a feeling that things may soon happen, considering how random things had been thus far in the ways of attacks. It was a foolish thing to think that they had time to spare frankly, and now that the guard allowed them passage, they should not have to wait for much longer to be prepared.

The mare's eyes fell on Misty as she entered, and greeted the Zebra foal with a smile.

"We meet again Misty. How are you doing? And who may your friend here be?"

She wee referring to Iron, whom she greeted with a friendly smile, though she saw little reason to wave. He appeared to be sight impaired currently, so it would be wasteful.

"Lieutenant? What is the meaning of this?"

Shimmer have come behind the three, and let out a sigh as she saw the Griffon and Pegasus put the hidden objects on a table near the ambassador.

"It is an urgent delivery. It seems like the ambassador made arrangements before the attack, in case he got hurt. His... Associate here have come to deliver it, and apparently to greet one of your patients."

"I know many a pony. Changelings too."

She referred to Nectar and Francis, whom had been in certain parts of her shop that she hoped they would remember not to mention. If they did... Well, it was not as if they had any sort of evidence. She could simply deny things, and nopony could prove her wrong.

========================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Unfortunately, the proven weapon we had against him is currently in Ponyville. At best I can say that we cannot use magic, but needs to rely mainly on physical magic.

There is an option to catch him though, but it requires some degree of luck now that we don't have the time to properly set up the trap. We've been discussing the possibility take advantage of the same rings we use to keep Unicorns from using magic, but re-purpose them as chains.

Unfortunately, this requires time to set up, so right now, my suggestion will be to grab some of them, and try to implant them a little more... Unconventionally."

"It won't be enough. If he is showing up, we need all the muscle we can get. Especially from those who might know what we're dealing with."

Dew let out a sigh.

"I had hoped that we could not bring that one into things just yet. He should try and get some time to regret his actions."

"We need every arrow in the quiver. Especially if Warlock suddenly shows up out of nowhere."

Both of them turned to face Wing.

"General, what is your position on bringing out Zhu now? Do you think we can do without him for the time being?"

===================================================================================================

@MiragetheChangeling

"Gotta do what I can for the citizens ma'am. I took an oath when my armor was crafted, and I'm not going to disgrace that.

Reminds me that I have to ask how far back the blacksmith is backlogged when I get the chance. Starting to miss that extra layer of protection these days."

Jelly giggled and fluttered down to her dads back.

"Daddy's too big for standard uniform. Mommy says he's getting flabby."

"That's muscles young lady."

"Muscles aren't pudgy."

He smiled at the little rascal riding him now. He were perhaps not at his best age anymore, and sure, he needed to get through some harsh training when he had the time to catch up a little, but he wasn't flabby. His ex-wife knew that well too, but she had a sense of humor that her daughter was unfortunately inheriting, and he was getting to be a prime target.

==========================================================================================

@genessee

"That's the spirit. I'll get you a Nut-Swirl Bazinga. It's a fine mellow one for beginners. You don't have nut allergies, right?"

"Have you seen a hoof mirror?"

Stare focused on Lance, rather than Berry's gleeful sell of a coffee to one who apparently did not drink it often.

"It's silver, with sapphires on the edges. It was a gift."

==========================================================================================

@Battenberg

"Putmedownputmedownputmedownputmedown"

Pop would keep repeating this until she were finally put down again. It had been funny for a little bit, but she really didn't like to fly unless she had to. It felt unnatural to her, and she looked like a fool flailing around up here. Something which drew a couple of eyes here and there, who seemed to either find it amusing, or roll their eyes over how stupid this was. One Dragon seemed to snort smoke out of his nose towards Benny in particular, who either didn't notice or didn't care. Likely the second. Pop knew that he wasn't as unaware as he might sometimes look like. He just tried not to really seem to mind when he was around with her. He said it made him feel less alienated when he was being judged when she was there to make him smile.

Silly boy that one. But he was her silly boy.

"Haha, sorry sweetie, I just couldn't help myself."

Benny bend down after making sure Pop got stationed safely on the ground, and pecked her on the forehead. He could see that she wanted to say something to him about not embarrassing her like that, and he had to try and endear himself to not get an earful. Plus it helped that he started talking again before she had the chance to really get going. Sometimes it was nice having a special being like her, that didn't like to interrupt.

"Pop and I are gonna meet my parents. I'm so excited about it! I haven't seen them in like, half a year, and they've never even met Pop. They've just seen pictures. Or copies off them anyway. Someone keeps setting them on fire when I visit in Dragonland. Not everyone takes our pairing that nicely. Dad doesn't seem to mind that much though."

"Your words is that he just doesn't talk about it."

"WHen he really haves an issue about something, he becomes vocal about it. Now the bad one there is..."

Benny's eyes had gotten drawn to the sky as he was talking, looking around a little where they were (area where the houses were getting quite a bit bigger) when he had seen something out of the edges of his sight. Someone which, on closer inspection, turned out to be a large dragon.

And when he said large, he meant it. Benny was not from a family where that many got large, which wasn't all that unusual for the dragons in the fiery regions, but exceptions were there. Like the one he were glancing at now, which were around three times his size, slender and flexible of build. He large wings cast a shadow over them as she approached, and the ashen color of her scales were only scarcely interrupted by ones in bright emerald. A befitting color for her eyes as well, beneath the twisting horns that reached towards her back.

She clearly didn't care for those around her as she landed, surprisingly silent for one of her size, and looked over the ponies like she wanted to put them in a box  and send them far, far away.

Except Pop, who had to take a step back as the large eyes narrowed on her, and hardened. Whoever this were did clearly not like her.

"Mom!"

Benny didn't see the harsh, disapproving look she had sent to his special somepony. He just saw that his mother had apparently come along to find them, and ran over to hug her. Even though he were fully grown, it looked like a foal were hugging a slender, scaled Big Mac, if you compared the sizes.

"What're you doing here mom? We were on our way."

"You're late."

Her voice were dry and sharp like a knife, though her words were directed to Pop more than her son, as evident on how her unblinking gaze were still focused on the mare.

"Yeah, I got distracted a little, sorry."

Benny let go of her and turned around to face everypony with a big, incredibly happy grin on his face, whilst his mother behind him took a hand to her head and straightened her hair. Benny had a few feathers from his dad, but his mother were the most hairy one in his family, next to his great uncle Burnout. He had hair all over his body, whilst his mother were mainly on er legs, top of her head, back of her neck, and some on her stomach. It used to be emerald as well, but she were getting a few faded hairs here and there, as the years had gone by and her children had tested her patience and worry one too many times.

"Mom, this is Victoria. She works in a nice bakery and were so kind as to help us find our way. And this is Sprinkles. She's an apprentice of Victoria's boss, and runs a bakery of her own. She makes some good cupcakes.

And this here, is the light of my life, Circle Pop."

He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead, which made the dragon scratch the ground beneath her feet and caused two puff of smoke to exit her nostrils. She were not approving of this so far, and Pop knew it. She just... Didn't expect her to be this intimidating in person.

"Everypony, this here's my mom-"

"Jade."

"Oh come on mom, you could've let me say it. And you could smile a little, today is a happy day."

"I fail to be convinced about that."

He got in real close to her, and chuckled.

"I got chilicaaaaaaake."

Her nostrils expanded, as she searched for that smell. Seemed like that had caught her interest, though she still wasn't smiling.

============================================================================================

@Foxy Socks

"I stumbled over her by accident one day, as I passed through this forest. It was her who told me that the answers to what I sought would be found in this area. In more ways than one, she turned out to be correct, and I consider myself greatly in her debt for it.

She have been so kind as to allow me to bring her plants she needs throughout the forest at times, as well as some of my blood for her elixirs. Perhaps it is a little much for somepony who helped me once, but to be perfectly honest, I... Quite enjoy her company. Beneath the riddles and mystery, there is a kind mare who does not judge unfairly."

A small blush had shown itself on his cheeks as he had paused to find words.

"I actually do have some things I wish to deliver to her soon, so perhaps I can soon introduce you to her. I hope that you will join us this time Brittle."

"I-I uhm... D-Don't know..."

"Brittle is quite nervous about meeting new ponies, so she have yet to meet Zecora. I do hope the stars will align this time though, yet I am not going to force her."

Briar began chuckling,t hen turned his head towards Foxy.

"You know, Brittle and yourself do have some funny similarities. You both seem to want to connect to others, but something holds you back at times from taking that step. I start to wonder if I had not approached you yesterday, would we be talking? Had you gone to talk with us if you had been the one to spot us, or had you been shy?

Brittle suffers under this, though her shyness is amplified greatly by her fear. If others comes over and talk when she feels somewhat comfortable, she will speak with them eventually, but she is not one to initiate a meeting.

Haha, but perhaps I am simply projecting here, instead of dealing in actual facts. It comes sometimes when one speaks at length, and as you may have noticed, I do have a tendency of rambling at times."

The forest were clearing up again, with small holes in the trees here and there opening up more. A river could be heard not too far off in the direction they were headed as well, though water were yet to be seen. Just like no predators had yet to be. Perhaps they would be fortunate enough to have a quiet stroll through the Everfree?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Sprinkles wasn't ready for the sudden appearance of the large dragon and dropped to the floor, landing firmly on her hooves her wings snapping shut. Her eyes were wide and her mouth hung open a little.

"W-wow, that's a b-big dragon..."

Victoria frowned at her

"Oh please Cupcake, she's not that big."

Sprinkles moved behind Victoria as if she was attempting to hid, her mane fell in front of her eyes as she crouched behind the mare. Victoria extended a hoof to the huge dragon who stood before her, completely unphased by her size.

"Greetings, I am Victoria Sponge, I have recently become acquainted with your son and I must say he is a fine dragon, and believe me compliments are not something I dish out on the daily. I hope you appreciate the cake, my sister and I put a lot of care in creating it, though I'm sure if you're anything like your son you'll appreciate my sister's cooking and we'll get along fine."

Victoria seemed to be speaking under the assumption that if she could make friends with one dragon she could make friends with them all, she was actually making an effort to finally extend her circle of friends.

Sprinkles attempted to be polite and slowly moved around Victoria, though not past her, she stood very close to her the distance between them so small it could barely be seen. Surprisingly Victoria did not push her away, it was as if she understood the pegasus was scared and was willing to let her get close without reacting in a negative way for once. Sprinkles extended a shaking hoof to the dragon.

"I-I'm Cupcake S-sprinkles. I-I'm sorry i-if I am being r-rude b-but I'm n-not great with d-dragons. B-benny was just so k-kind to me t-that I never had a r-reason to be a-afraid of him. I h-hope it can be the s-same with you... a much... b-bigger dragon..."

It was in Sprinkle's nature to be kind and polite and she was handling this well despite her fear of the huge reptile that stood before her. Victoria rolled her eyes and reluctantly put a hoof round her.

"Silly filly can't control her fears, I beg of you that you don't hold it against her. She's trying her best, it's not much but hey. I'm sure we're both pleased to meet you and the hoofshake is still on offer." 

She held out her other hoof, the one that was not around Sprinkles to the dragon. Sprinkles put her hoof down, on the assumption that Victoria was shaking for both of them.

"P-please excuse me."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Warlock grinned, looking to Enzo as the fires of the teleportation spell whisked them away, it was a powerful spell, taking them to Canterlot despite the distance. Iron Star couldn't help but quiver at the sense of power,

"Well here we go then" Astral closing her eyes as she teleported herself to Iron star.

"You distract the ponies, I'll deal with our enemies." Warlock stated as he walked towards the hospital, the three of them out in the open surely going to attract the attention of many ponies, but if Enzo truly wanted to distract ponies, that would be one way of doing it.

There was an explosion outside, Nectar startled by it as she looked out. Her horn glowing as she expressed fury. "I hate it when I'm right!" She took Francis and teleported away, without warning.

Briefly before she teleported Francis did manage to get one thing out. "Warlock is back!"

Warlock teleported a second time, straight into the hallway of the hospital there, where they held Iron Star and Misty, and now currently Astral. Extending out his swords. "Well dear Scarcity, you speak like a villain!" He yelled out as she said the last of her words. "I suppose I could say, we met again but you've already said that." He said, chuckling a little, ready to fight her and the other ponies there, Scarcity might notice he'd already started to drain their magic, slowly, but soon they'd be too weak to fight him. Even with Chow's minimal magic usage he'd be able to sense that small amount of magic drain out of him, but Astral, she'd get hit hard considering how much magic she had gathered today.

=======================================

They could all hear the distant explosion and the following sound that was similar to that of a powerful teleportation spell. "Well seems we need to get ready right now." It almost seemed that Warlock arrived meer moments after they just said 'If Warlock suddenly shows up out of nowhere' "I'm not sure what he can do to help, but he has power over the wind, so that could be useful." He had already started walking out of the room at that point. Furling out his wings and giving a brief window of time for them to mention anything else before he'd take of.

Although at the same time Nectar teleported in with Francis,falling onto the floor exhausted as her horn glowed briefly. "Warlock is here, Generals. and I've alerted my army to come and help." She said before picking herself up, struggling to stand.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Amanita tilts her head slightly to the right. “...What’s a blacksmith?” She asks sounding genuinely curious. She smiles as she hears the father and daughter teasing each other.

Mirage smiled as well, but not as truthfully as one would hope, it looked like it held a bit of sadness in it, like she seems to be hiding something... even Amanita would sense it, but, then again... Amanita and Mirage had been with each other longer so they would be able to tell that something was off with the other one even without a lot of clues. But the trace of what looked like sadness was gone as quick as it had come (came? Idk). It’s replaced by what looks like a poker face (you know, emotionless?) as she moves a rock from in front of Amanita’s hoof and places it back once Amanita has passed it.

Edited by MiragetheChangeling
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

The sibling said couldn't think of a way to provide more context to what Omen said but perhaps there was nothing for them to say at all. They didn't know just how Discord changed the world to his chaotic desire other than how their little village did. It left some scars but the lasting impact it had left many confused, even scared they would turn again. That dark chapter of their history wouldn't be brought up again in good company.

"Don't think about them looking at us strangely, Omen." Lin calmly said.

As for their task, it occurred to the siblings that they don't know much about who they're meeting. Lin, having regained her strength, approached the mare guiding them.

"Can you tell us more about File Fiddler?"

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

"This here's a spare part, to replace what you messed up with this thing last night. After that, we're gonna haul it back, and then get to work on the cart of your own. I got most of the stuff ready, just need some wood for the last parts.

Basically, we're gonna cut down a few trees once I got this sorted, then use the functioning cart to pull it back. Pretty easy really."

Well okay, perhaps cutting down trees wouldn't seem as easy for that one, but this wasn't the first time Happy had to do it. He had to take care of maintenance on his wagon on his own after all, and going on all kinds of roads meant that had to be done quite a lot. After a while you sorta just got used to having spare parts on hand and knowing how to cut down a tree and prep it properly. Magic certainly helped on that. In his old dimension, he would've needed quite a toolbox around at all times to get anything like this done.

He whistled a little to himself as he started to fix up the part with the rest of the cart, though he did have to take forth one of his golden sickles and cut a few parts off it to make it fit. This cart weren't of exactly the same kind as what he was dealing with normally, so some ingenuity was warranted.

"Alright, this should do the trick. Put it on and see if it works as intended."

=======================================================================================================

@Widdershins @Dji

Spicy almost looked offended by the comment. If it weren't because of the big grin on her face, somepony might've even fallen for it.

"You think me a dragonnapper? Why, I'm offended. All I did was drive my wagon, whilst somepony's scaled rear was shivering on my roof."

Marley gave out a small chuckle over this behind Kaltrops.

"And I'm going plenty of places, all over Equestria. But surely you didn't want to ask me, did you? I'm not the mare you should be showing some interest in all of this."

She walked to the side, and pointed subtly towards Dawn. Or okay, semi-subtly, as the dragon frankly seemed a bit thick in it for her, and likely wouldn't get a slight hint.

"So Dawn, why don't you tell us what your plans are then? If you ain't busy, I'm sure Kaltrops wouldn't mind having you around a little longer, and if he's just gonna follow me, I'm in no rush. My debts in this area's been settled."

==========================================================================================================

@Widdershins

Memories of bad times flickered in front of his eyes as the scaled monstrosity slithered into his muzzle and started to wriggle around like an aggressive snake.

Images of him lying in the hospital came first, swollen like a balloon as he doctors frantically tried to deflate him without going too far. Feverish shakes had gone through his pale body as he felt air accumulate and deflate rapidly over a period of an hour. Painful, wrong and horrid had it been, yet that old venom hadn't been as bad as the tie where he had this living, talking creature inside his face!

Broken bones, curses, that flock of cultists that had started to shave off his coat for some reason, none of the images really made him feel as uncomfortable and wrong than this, and when it was finally over, he pretty much just tossed himself under the sink, pulled out some more mouthwash, and emptied the entire bottle into his open muzzle, whilst he was on his back. Frankly the floor and his head was going to need to get washed as the liquid quickly overflowed and started to pour around and towards the drain, but he didn't care. He just had to get every remnant of anything out of there, and he wasn't satisfied until the bottle was empty, and his mane and hate soaked in the minty liquid.

He'd lay on the floor and gargle some after that, before finally turning his head and spitting the last parts out and get to his hooves.

"Urgh, how revolting..."

He looked himself in the mirror, and cringed at how his appearance now were. It would have been something worth a snide comment if his mouth hadn't all of a sudden started to burn from all the mouthwash, and he had to wash after with regular water.

After that he'd toss his hat aside, and start to clean his mane. Perhaps not the top priority, but it was just something he felt like he had to do right now.

"How I be? I just had your decapitated body inside my mouth, how do you think that is? I have never felt anything worse, and I've been subjected to ancient curses.

How can you just end up doing something like that? Draconequui is supposed to be long lived demigods, handling chaos like the rest of us would breath. Is this all just fun and little remorse at that point? Do your kind have no idea what they're actually doing? What is the meaning in all of this?"

Smokey were not happy right now, and his mind were getting a little irrational and angry over just about everything that had happened since Widdershins had shown up. He didn't even know if Phoenix were still here, or if this had been enough to chase her off, leaving him to get progressively more bitter at what this... Creature had cost him.

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom

Discord chuckled, and decided to sing a short tune, "Fiddle dee doo, fiddle dee dee, File a fiddle or the fiddle may yet go free~!" He sang randomly, "Do you fiddle a file or file a fiddle? Must be a pretty good sized filling cabinet for the fiddle to fit!" The spirit wondered aloud, smiling in amusement. He definitely could use the small bit of amusement, given how dull this town looked. It made his limbs itch, urging him to make a few changes. So instead he snapped his claws, creating a silly outfit and a fiddle before Discord began to play 'The devil went down to Georgia' while dancing in the air above the group. (Not that the ponies would know what Georgia is)

Edited by Storm Shine
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Lance looked over to Stare, and responded;

"Uh, no, I haven't. You'll be the first to know if I come across a hoof mirror that looks like that, though."

He continued to study the strange mare for a second, then turned back around.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

it would appear as though Phoenix was about to let her stubborn side get the best of her. especially with Grim's aggressive approach. after all, who does he think he is calling her a young lady like that? he wasn't her father, and if he was  he'd have turned to ash ages ago. she grit her teeth and let out a frustrated growl as she was met with Grimm's resistance. but what was she going to do in this situation? surely she couldn't fight him. and she wasn't very good with her words either. 

as she began to ponder her dilemma, she began to calm down. she saw that there really was no good way out of this situation other than to listen to Grimm. besides, Phoenix had to admit to herself that Grimm was making a good point here. she did need to get that thing out of her, one way or another. no matter how unpleasant it would be, it would most certainly be in her best interest. after all, what could the vile creature do further to her with the situation like this? such was unknown, and perhaps better left unanswered. 

she let out a sigh, releasing all of her tension as she looked back up at Grimm "fine" she said in a defeated tone. she trot past him and back into the mansion. she walked at a rather brisk pace up to the room she had left Smokey in, not really caring to pay attention to whether or not Grimm and Sorrow were following. 

• Brohoof 1

@Battenberg

Pop felt relieved when Jade's focus went from her, and over to Victoria. The harsh stare she had received had made her want to creep into a mouse hole and hope that she couldn't be reached by this Dragoness. Sure she had been told by Benny that his mother could be a little intimidating, but this was more than she had expected, and that was just from a stare! What wouldn't it end with when words were included? Would she end up stuttering and hiding behind others like Sprinkles were? Something told her that the answer would be yes.

"You're brazen for someone so small, Pony."

Jade did not sound pleased, but that was not something new when it came to Ponies.

"But at least it is better than simple fear. You seem... Tolerable enough."

Victoria was not the only one who were not much for compliments. Jade was a proud being, and set in the ways she had lived for centuries. Anything going against that was not easy to accept, and this town were testing her on every turn it seemed. Even if she were mainly dealing with other Dragons.

"So you are partly responsible for what I smell then? Interesting. We will see if the pride in your work will extend into quality, or if you will disappoint. I would like to trust me son's judgement, but he haves proven to be irrational at times."

She sent a glance towards Pop, before returning to Victoria.

"Hey, my judgement is perfectly fine."

"You're courting a pony."

"Mooooom, not in front of my friends."

"Fine, but your *little princess* will have to defend herself later. Considering both her and the one covering behind Victoria seems afraid, I have doubts that she can."

Jade was a hard Dragoness to connect with. As were obvious by now, she didn't shake (perhaps for the best, as her claws were not the cleanest as she were standing on the ground currently) she didn't like fearful Ponies, and even Victoria she seemed to just tolerate for the time being, for having some degree of a spine. She didn't even directly address Sprinkles and Pop, and she didn't saw the scared little Mice as being worth her time.

"Everyone, I'm sorry for my mom. She's usually not this hostile, but it's hard for her to get used to this town. It's a lot different from Dragon Land and the whole place is a little colder. Not really any lava beds around here to relax in and all that. In her own way, she's happy to meet you all."

"You're delusional."

"At least I'm nice to them mom."

Jade growled slightly, not liking to be spoken back to by her son.

"If they prove to me they are worth being nice to, I will consider it. So far, only Victoria seems worth any of my attention. She haves manners and a spine. These two are shivering like the wild boars your grandfather used to chase before his teeth fell out.

Besides, how can any creature be happy here? It's filthy, infested by hair everywhere from pets and Ponies alike, and there's not even a proper steam room in sight. For a town priding to be for Dragons and ponies, it is lacking in basic needs for our kind."

======================================================================================

@Lloyd

"If it ain't the Wonder Twins. Haven't you been booed off the stage enough?"

"How about I throw you out of this building instead?"

Athriel took a step forward, ready to pound in Chow's head, when she felt a pull and had to take a few steps back again. Something around where Golden were tied to have an effect on her, though she wasn't sure what it were.

"A villain you say? And here I thought that opposing you would be more akin to a heroine."

Scarcity chuckled whilst Brick Wall placed himself in front of her, and growled at Warlock. He hadn't withdrawn a weapon yet, but considering how the blades on the side of his armor stood sharp and ready, it likely wouldn't take much before he could draw and slice towards Warlock, or any other pony who might be a threat to his employee.

"W-What is going on here!"

The doctor chimed in, not sure what to think anymore, but Shimmer pushed him aside, trying to get focus away from him and the other medical staff.

"So very many things. Though really, must we devolve into fighting? Surely we can speak before acting like animals. Don't you think so too, Blackbeak?"

The Griffon didn't, answer, but merely chuckled, as she pulled the cover from the first object near Golden, which made Athriel take another step back with narrowed eyes.

It was a mirror of sorts. Triangular, around the size of a Pony's head, and it seemed to be framed by rare stones. Pretty in a sense, were it not for the glass itself, which started to ripple and screech as light hit it.

The surface darkened, and the gems seems to almost freeze whilst clawed hands pushed against the formerly blank surface, and bending it like it was pushing against an elastic wall.

"Be a dear and hold it up in it's chain. We wouldn't want our poor ambassador to be drawn into it."

Blackbeak did as was asked, and pulled up the old iron chain and held it towards Athriel and Warlock. She'd move closer to if she had the chance before something happened, though the mirror itself should make them hesitate to fight too much, Wouldn't want to break the glass and have the lot of them devoured by the trapped monster after all, now would they?

Whilst the amulet she had before was by far the best thing she had to keep magic from hurting her discreetly, it was not the only thing that could do so. This was one object that could also handle magic, as it would quite literally pulled a hand and draw it into the ever-hungry maw of the thing trapped behind the glass. It was simply far more volatile to use, and had been something she had hidden in her storage for a long time for a reason.

Even though she made sure to give some objects to Golden to get them away from the market, certain things were too dangerous to let anypony have, like this one. Quite honestly, if it weren't an emergency, she would have never pulled it out either, but dealing with a great threat sometimes required one to take forth the darkest of cursed objects, including something which were a danger to have around any kind of magic users, and upon breaking, would likely devour around half of the hospital, without the option to escape. A risk she had hoped to not be present for, but Warlock had appeared before she had hoped him to.

Athriel especially had a lot to fear from it. She was just a presence, not a bodied creature. If she got too close, she'd end up being sucked out of the Griffon and end up with something Scarcity never wanted to know what were.

It was their only ward to use though, as she felt her magic being drawn out of her. A rather uncomfortable feeling, but she tried to not let it show.

==================================================================================================

@Lloyd

Dew rose up as he heard the explosion, and had already put his helmet on when Nectar and Francis showed up. He saw no reason to try and stop Wing from getting hold of Zhu, so he said nothing there as the general went on his way, and neither did Scorn, though he did not seem pleased to meet Changelings.

We'll need to get going now then. There's no time to w-"

"The time of the princesses are over. Cover in fear for Enzo, the new ruler of Canterlot!"

He was interrupted by a booming voice outside, followed by a a mixed sound of cackling and rocks getting tossed through the windows of the castle.

One of said windows were in the throne room, and would give them some view of the Sphinx outside, that were flying around the castle and made Pegasi around him fall flailing to the ground.

"Grrrr, they managed to turn the guardian of the Hatred element. This is not good."

Scorn quickly went over to the door leading to the main hall, and bursted through both that one, and the one who actually lead outside. It was impossible to see what happened from there, but the laughter increased. This was likely not a good sign, and unfortunately, they couldn't just let the castle stay unguarded like this. Whilst Warlock was a problem that needed to be stopped, so was this one, or there would perhaps not be a castle to speak about soon.

==============================================================================================

@MiragetheChangeling

"A blacksmith takes care of most metal work. Hinges, certain kinds of shoes, signs, armor, swords, those kind of things.

In Canterlot, the Royal Guard haves a forge that used to be run by a dozen or so Ponies, but are currently handled by a Dragon and two ponies. The heat he can handle makes the forge go more smoothly than ever before, but it eaves him with a lot of work, and the two that can handle the warmth is... Honestly crazy. Productive, but they're not of a right mind."

He didn't like to judge others, but it was hard not to do when you had a chance to meet the brothers. They really were out of their mind, and how Benny controlled them were baffling to him. Though frankly, he couldn't go in and see anyway. The heat off the scorching forge was far too much for his taste.

"Ponyville isn't as much in the business of armor and weapons, so it is calmer there, and run by a simpler pony. A good stallion from what I've been told, and makes sure the town gets the tools and things they need.

If I may ask, does the two of you have a craft? Usually a welcome need for anypony who creates in Ponyville."

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

"File Fiddler came to town four years ago, and that's most of what I know about him. He doesn't socialize, barely trusts anypony, and tends to look like he doesn't sleep. I get my taxes filed with him once in a while, as does a lot of others in town. He's good at his work."

She were distracted somewhat saying this, as she saw Discord dance through the air behind her, and Omen bob her head from side to side in tact with the music. It looked rather robotic, but it was the best bet she had on how to follow the beat of something, and with all the music that were back when Discord ruled Equestria, she had actually trained quite a bit to even get to this stage.

The folks around them started to seem a little confused on what to do when they got faced with this actually. They had only known him to be a harsh invader of normality and a dictator bend on making everypony obey him. Yet now he had been wandering through town for several minutes and the worst he had done were starting to dance and sing about some odd place called Georgia.

The folks would eventually start to look more embarrassed and stop starring like they were, though something else would draw their eye as a young Solar Guard flew towards them, and when he saw Discord, would halt and grow pale.

"Stamp, what's the rush?"

"I-It's File Fiddler. Something happened. There's c-crystals all over his office, and they're trying to cling to everypony who attempts to get in!"

Brute gritted her teeth and tensed her muscles.

"You four better start running."

With that, and a suspicious look towards Discord from both the guard and Brute, the two of them would speed up and take off towards the house where Fiddler were, or had been. A plain place from the outside when they'd eventually get there, if it wasn't because of the multicolored gems that were sticking slightly out of one of the windows. The lot of them should well know the look of those, though before this, the only place most would have seen them were in the mine they had just been at. Something had happened here, and it was unlikely to be a good thing.

@genessee

"I'll make sure to keep an eye out too. No worries, we'll find it."

"Thank you both. It's important to me."

She weren't one to talk about who her sister were, as she didn't like to talk about personal stuff with random ponies, so she just usually said that this was a gift from when she were small. Still true, it just didn't say who it was from.

Scarcity and her were close, even though they didn't meet up that often since Stare didn't like to travel and her sister had her store to run, so anything from her were important. Especially when it was expensive things like this. It didn't matter much to Scarcity really, but it did to Stare, even if you discounted the emotional value.

A few years ago it had actually been stolen, by somepony who knew its monetary value, and she had been heartbroken. What happened next were the first time that she got the idea that perhaps there were more to Scarcity than what she had thought before that.

It had been three days later when her sister had come on a surprise visit, with her bodyguard in tow, along with none other than the thief. He looked perfectly fine physically, but clearly shaken, and he brought forth the mirror with more excuses than she could remember right now. Scarcity said that she had talked with him and he had a change of heart, but some things just didn't add up. Like how had she even found out who had taken it? And why would he look so scared if it was just a change of heart?

Stare had tried to ask, but Scarcity stuck to her story, and said that she had heard somepony trying to pawn of the mirror, then found him from there. She wanted to believe her big sister, but something was just off about it...

Still, he had been safe, and she had gotten this one back, so she just told herself that whatever might be happening, she wasn't evil. She couldn't see him being okay if she were at least, and she wanted to believe the best about her sister.

Stare would wander off in complete silence, whilst Berry went and got Lance a cup of coffee. It looked pretty normal, but it would smell faintly of hazelnuts, and was served with a thin cinnamon stick in the cup. It had more than likely been used for swirling things in, like you would normally with a spoon.

"Here we go. It's pretty tame in the caffeine levels, so it shouldn't be too harsh on you. It haves some good flavors of nuts mixed in, though at first you will only be able to taste a sort of bitter hazelnut. Give it a sec for the aftertaste to sip in."

===============================================================================================

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

The two of them followed somewhat closely, with Grim wanting to make sure that she got into the room she had come from safely again, and Sorrow just following out of curiosity, and a want to say hi to her friend again.

"Dad, i don't think she liked the dad talk before."

"I know honey. Not everypony does unfortunately."

Grim had taken a shot, and unfortunately, it had missed. When she had simmered down some, he would apologize to Phoenix for that. Like everypony, he wasn't perfect, but he'd try and own up to his mistakes when it hurt others, partly because he didnt want to be part of conflict. He liked being friendly or neutral with most, and with how he had seen it go between the mare and Smokey, he certainly did not want to be on her bad side. It may end up complicating things for the two of them, and he would not want that. Smokey needed to settle down with somepony, and Phoenix... She seemed like she needed to have somepony there who understood her, though he wasn't sure if that was all. There were things he were certain he did not know that made a huge difference, though it didn't change that he should apologize later o-

"Son of a mule!"

Grim held himself to his sore nose, to stop the blood from staining more than the door Phoenix had hammered into his face for the second time within an hour.

"Dad! Oh geez, that doesn't look good."

"I'm fine, just... Need the sink."

He pushed his way past the others, not caring who he might be getting in the way off. Including Smokey, who he pushed away from the sink so he could tend to his potentially broken nose. He wasn't sure if it actually were, but this were the third time in the last hour or so that he had been smacked hard in the face like this, and it wouldn't exactly get better with every impact..

Smokey looked  in confusion down at the trail of blood on the floor, frowning slightly, then noticing that it wasn't just him who had returned, but also Phoenix. He barely took notice of Sorrow right now, or of his dripping wet mane, and took a step towards her.

"Phoenix, thank Celestia that you're still here. I was afraid that after... That, you might have left."

"H-Hey, hold on. Sto- Stop screaming already!"

It unfortunately got impossible to ignore Sorrow anymore, as she started to yelp out rather confused and alarmed.

The noticeable thing however, would be more in regards to Legion, whose eyes had started to flare up like pyres once Widdershins had come into sight of them. The others wouldn't hear it, but the wailing and screaming from the spirits was near deafening for Sorrow, and she actually struggled keeping hold of the skull as it began to wriggle around. Something which to her were really alarming, as they had never tried to escape from her like this before.

She left and went to the opposite room to try and calm them down before they started to show poltergeist capabilities around everypony, which would hopefully not be ruined by the Draconequus following her. Whatever was going on right now, he had some part in riling them up for some reason. Perhaps she had picked up some victims of Discord's reign recently, and they had a beef with his kind that infested all of them? She really had to talk with them alone to find some kind of answer.

• Brohoof 1

@MiragetheChangeling

WATTS MECHANO

“Oh, there’s multiple reasons why you shouldn’t come along but I doubt they apply to you,” Watts giggled. She waited patiently for him to finish and rubbed her cheek. “What brings you to Ponyville? Erm, that is, if you don’t live here.”

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

”M-My plans?” Dawn asked nervously, eyes flitting between Spicy, Marley, and Kaltrops. She didn’t expect this question to pop up but she supposed she could only give an answer and shrugged casually. “As, polarising as that dragon is, I ... um ... I think I’m warming up to dragons? Maybe? Dunno. Maybe a few more rounds will be beneficial.”

@Blitz Boom & @Moonlit & @Seamore Sandwich

TWILIGHT SPARKLE & AURORA LIGHTS

“I’ll respect your wishes,” Twilight sighed and nodded at Serenade before ducking back and resuming the walk. “So what’s this ghost even up to? They seem benign at best.”

Aurora made sure she stuck to the bushes and was unaware that she was being tracked. She did notice an odd tingling sensation but brushed it off and left it to the leaves she kept rubbing against in her sneaky pursuit.

• Brohoof 1

Seemed to clear it up for Amanita. “Ooh! That explains it!”

Mirage didn’t know any crafts besides that of protecting, and she normally protects through archery. “I know archery. I don’t know if that qualifies as a craft though...”

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Victoria gave Sprinkles a smug grin and finally pushed her away. Sprinkles attempted to move back again but was unable to overcome Victoria's earth pony strength.

"If you're scared go and hide over there with Pop, you're lucky I was willing to defend you even slightly, don't push your luck."

It was clear she was still not a fan of the brightly coloured pegasus and would rather she wasn't breathing down her neck. She turned back to address Jade.

"I'm glad you appreciate my attitude, I see no reason to fear you just because of your size. I must warn you though, if you insult my sister's baking then I won't be so friendly."

Victoria's bravery and perhaps a part of her stubborn nature, stemmed from her father, Felix Carter. Where Battenberg took after her gentle and quiet mother Victoria had always admired her dad, even though she hadn't seen much of him for much of her life.

Sprinkles, who had now retreated to hide behind Benny, spoke up once again.

"I'm sorry J-Jade, I d-don't mean to be rude but I have a genuine fear of d-dragons, I always have. I-if you could speak more like your s-son, then m-maybe we could be friends."

Victoria rolled her eyes.

"Watch out for that one, you show her even the slightest bit of compassion and she'll be orbiting your head for hours."

She hesitated for a moment before addressing the huge dragon again.

"The... other one though... Circle Pop... It may be out of place but I feel she may be worth your time. You seem to underestimate your son's judgement. I can see why you feel the way you do, I mean I couldn't stand her either when I first met her."

She chuckled a little.

"She's really grown on me. I think you can grow to like her too."

Victoria looked at Pop and for the briefest of moments she actually appeared to give Pop a genuine smile, this was of course quickly followed by a slight snort and a hoof scraping the ground as she looked away from Pop and back to the dragon.

"Did I say really grown on me? I-I meant a bit, she's grown on me a bit... more than a bit... a little... Y-you should probably give Sprinkles a chance too, she may be a pathetic and annoying little brat, but she's a close friend of my sister and that means by default, and I hate to say this, my friend too and I'd appreciate it if you cut her some slack."

It was strange to see Victoria defending these two ponies, especially as she'd previously made it clear that she much preferred Pop's dragon friend to most of the ponies she knew. It was almost humorous too how conflicted she was, attempting to hide her sentiment though it was obviously present.

Edited by Battenberg
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Lance tried not to stare at Stare (haha get it?) as she wandered away. Instead, he turned his attention to the drink now placed in front of him.

This is probably a bad idea.

He took the cup and sipped a bit of the hot, caffeine-ridden liquid. 

Oh, wow. This tastes pretty good, actually.

He downed the rest of the cup, and that was when the buzz kicked in. 

"T-that tasted great! Geez, dude, I should drink c-coffee more often."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

For a brief moment one might notice Warlock's fear expressed through just the way he looked at the strange object, he clearly knew what that thing was. Putting away his swords subtly, although the sound of a sword slicing could be heard as it dissipated into his hooves. He didn't break his stance. "Feels idiotic to let that thing near me." He stepped back with Athriel, his appearance expressing more fear very quickly, but then he glanced down at one of his legs, then back to the object. Smirking, drawing out his sword and throwing it to the object.

Iron Star lifted his hoof up and froze the sword in mid air. "Don't break it!" The sword was inching towards the object, even if anypony tried to move it, it would remain frozen, sparking with magic as it shook. Astral breathed deeply, recalling her earlier explanation of levitation, they could only put so much magic into the object while levitating before it exploded. "Why did you bring this deadly monster here? You're risking the potential of hundreds of ponies dying!" He asked while he looked to Scarcity.

Warlock struggled to move now, grinning as he felt Iron Star's power pour through him. "Oh yes he is right, Best we stay far away from these ponies." The sword retracted away as he backed down the hall, the sword returning to his hooves as he looked to Iron Star. "Thanks for the magic by the way, I only need so much for this."

Iron Star looked confused for a brief moment, but as it dawned on him, the magic inside him exploded outwards, passing next to Scarcity, giving her a rather good view of Warlock's power, as he took all of Iron Star's magic storage in one fell swoop, as it poured into the Element of Hatred, Moments after that, behind Scarcity, she could see Astral, Misty, Chow, and Iron Star, disappear into a explosion of fire. Although since Warlock left some magic with Scarcity, she may be able to run after them. Athriel was teleported as well. Warlock teleporting them to a distant location, but the time taken would give Scarcity and her employees the time to grab onto him to come with him. Unless they decided to let him get away, for whatever reason.

===================================

As he flew down the halls, racing to the dungeon, the dungeon guard spotted him flying in. "General what is wrong?" He asked.

Iron Wing landed at Zhu's cell as he looked to the figure. "I need a key to open his cell, turns out we do need him."

"He's always right with those cryptic words, this is the third time I've let him out in m time working here." He walked over and opened the cell, putting away the key. "Don't go harming guards again Zhu." He pointed his spear at Zhu as he said those words, pressing the spear forward. "Or the punishment might last, longer." With a loud thud he hit the spear down as he set the spear upright. "I hope whatever is going on is resolved without my help." While it seemed like an odd thing to say, last time he was needed to help, was because of his anti-magic armor so he could contain a powerful evil unicorn. "If I am needed then the situation must be dire." He walked back to his post as Iron Wing walked out with Zhu.

"I will return to you the moment you are needed." He nodded as he watched Iron wing fly off again, recalling when he dealt with that unicorn, luckily she recognized the errors of her ways once his armor allowed her removed the Alicorn Amulet. Meanwhile, Iron Wing eventually returned with Zhu to the throne room. "Suppose we should let him get the rest of his sentence after all this?" He asked as he looked to Dew.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

Crystals? Already here? No doubt the work of the escapee from the mines. But if it is already about four days, then the crystals must work fast. No magic could get to it and anyone would not try to test their luck... twice. Now Sen didn't need to gamble with the risks since there was no way he was going to pull that stunt twice. Lin didn't need to remind him about that but if what needed to be done now was to at least give anyone willing to listen a word of caution. 

"They're here?! Brute Force, keep your distance from those crystals and whatever you do, don't let any source of active magic near it. It'll only make things worse. We need to spread the word!"

Sen looked at the Refraction joining the rest of the party but reconsidered when it seemed the spreading of the crystals was moving faster than it could undo the damage. No way it could outrun the spread of the parasitic crystals. Still, he mind as well spill the truth to avoid drawing anymore suspicion to the group, especially since Discord was present.

"The message we were supposed to give to File Fiddler..." Sen hesitated for a moment but he knew he had to say it. "It involves those crystals. He needs to know how it's happening."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dji @Widdershins

"Alright, let's take a walk then. Somewhere less populated where the two of you can chatter without all them pesky eyes upon you perhaps, hmm?"

Spicy chuckled and got herself attached to the wagon again. You'd think she would have others do this, but frankly, she paid Marley to be a bodyguard, and that job wouldn't be made easier when he had to detach himself from a vehicle. Plus he'd want extra for that.

The Griffon wandered over to her with a small smirk as he saw her get ready to bounce, then pointed towards the path to her right.

"They're done with that part of town, but before inspection, nopony's allowed to move in. It's quieter without needing to go into the forest."

Spicy thought back on the bear they heard not too long ago, and mentally cringed.

"The forest doesn't seem like a smart move right now. Let's go have a glance at the less populated part of town. You both in for that?"

She looked at Dawn and Kaltrops, who she imagined would soon be impossible to tear apart, considering the mare's last statement. Sounded like somepony reluctantly falling head over hooves for somepony, and Kaltrops sure didn't seem like he'd mind a few more close encounters with her either. Unlikely match, but eh, they had seen a Dragon and Pony couple before. It lost its surprise factor for her after the first time.

==============================

@Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"I don't want to do anything bad princess, I swear."

The voice of the mentioned Specter came out of seemingly nowhere as they got closer to town, whispering just near the princess as to not cause anypony to hear. She didn't want the forepony to get angry again.

"I met S- Siren lady and her friends when they went to the castle. Things got so confusing then with the wolves, the locked space, the everything... I-I hurt the doctor. It was an accident, but I need to try and help her. I don't want others to be ghosts."

She also wanted to return to the world, after seeing how the living visitors had sparked an interest in her to go out and see if she could regain what she had lost. Not life, as death were a permanent thing she had gotten used to, but the emotions and ideals she once had, were something she had begun to miss. Perhaps it had also something to do with her loneliness, but she thought it mostly because of the strange group she had encountered. One of which she had ended up hurting twice now.

"We're getting close."

Feeling that Cherish had no issue keeping up, Last had increased her tempo a little as she saw the hospital loom ever closer. It wasn't running, as that would be dangerous for her, but her steps did have a bit more length to them.

===========================================

@MiragetheChangeling

"It's less of a craft than a profession, but Archery is something I could see have a future in Ponyville actually. With the issues of the wildlife and the recent attack, I could see some wanting to be able to protect their loved ones on their own. The option to protect their farm would likely also be well received by some.

Perhaps you should consider offering these services to the princess down the line as well? The young lady does not currently have guards of her own, but when she does, Archery may well be a skill she'd wish for them to learn. Though I'd give it a little before approaching her. She is likely burdened with many duties after the attack and needs to have them sorted first and foremost."

Stargazer glanced upwards, noticing a rather peculiar tree formation he had seen when on his way out here to begin with. Rather strange to see crowns crossed and intertwined like this, so it had been something he bit notice in, which at the current time did give him some indication of how long they were from town. Perhaps the Changelings would like to know an estimate.

"We should only be about a half hour our from town at the current tempo. Hopefully it will remain as calm as it have now.

I hope you don't mind me asking by the way, but how did you deal with issues before the Timberwolf? I have been told this forest is not kind to those who aren't prepared."

==================================================================================

@Battenberg

"I say my opinion. If you see it as an insult, that is on you."

"H-Hey, that's enough mom, please? I tasted her baked goods, they're good. I'm sure you'll like it, and that there'll be no reason to get on eachothers bad side."

"Speak to your mate and her shivering companion Benny. Your mother is talking."

He tried to open his mouth to say something, but a glance was enough for him to go silent and scurry over towards Pop and Sprinkles. He might've gotten away with talking back to his mother a little so far, but you didn't mess with that look. His father tried now and again, and he had no desire to be on the receiving end of what happened after that.

He went over and squeezed Pop's shoulder first, who grabbed his clawed hand with her hoof instantly. She needed to have somepony there who made her feel safe after the looks she had been given. Sprinkles would also get a hand on her shoulder, if she didn't wince away from it that were.

"Both of you, I'm sorry about this. I didn't know she would meet up with us like this, but I should've given some warnings. See, mother is an, uhm... She likes to think of things as back home, and they're not too fond of ponies back there. We kinda see you as being too carefree and oblivious, singing and dancing over cliffs and stuff like that."

It was not something he liked talking about, as he had been like that himself once, and had thought about Pop in less than nice ways when they had started contact, but this had to be said if he wanted to make his mother seem like less of a horrid creature.

"I swear, she's usually still easier to talk to than this, but the area's pretty cold compared to the lava beds we lived near, and she misses her spa. It makes her cranky."

"It's more than that. The way she looks at me makes it pretty clear."

Benny awkwardly scratched the back of his head with the hand he had just used to hold unto Pop with.

"Yeeeah... Being the youngest, mom kinda babies me sometimes, and seeing her little one scurry off far away from home to be with a Pony isn't something she haves an easy time accepting. It's kinda one of the biggest reasons she tests you too. She wanna see if you'll run away if she does."

"That's horrible! You shouldn't have to... I-I mean-"

A scaly index finger as put on her lips to make her stop talking.

"Hey, I chose you above everyone else, and I'm not backing away from that. We just need to weather the storm, and hope that dad can soften her up a little. you can relax though, alright? I'm sure that one day, the two of you are gonna be like two peas in a pod."

Pop glared at him like *Are you serious?* and his goofy look back told her that yes, he was. Perhaps his mother was right about him being too idealistic...

"You don't need to be worried either Sprinkles, promise. Mom is pretty tough, but she haven't hurt anypony so far. I'm sure she won't have a pop at you either. It's just easy for her to rattle somepony who is already nervous, and it makes her feel a little better about things. I know it's not an excuse, but cultural differences and stereotypes are hard to explain in a nice way."

Meanwhile, Jade would interact with the one Pony here who seemed like she was worth more than a passing glance.

"My issues with my son's choice in mate have little to do with how she is, and more with what she is. It is strange enough for Dragons and Ponies to mingle, but coupling? It isn't natural, and I fail to see why he have chosen this path if bad judgement isn't his reason. I have told him that if he wishes my blessing in this, then his new mate will have to prove herself, and as it stands, you would make a more suitable blasphemy than her. You are not trembling from a simple stare."

Jade hated cowards. She had grown up for centuries around areas were cowards were laughed out, and only those who were strong of will were allowed to stay. Even when she eventually moved to an area with lava pools to start up a Dragon-suitable spa, she kept those ideals, and chose a mate who had the courage to stand up to her in one of her most angry moods. She had wanted those ideals for her children as well, and for the most part she had partly succeeded.

Then along came Circle Pop...

Benny had been misserable for a good deal of his childhood, no matter what she had done to try and cheer him up, until the Pony and her letters had started. She had thought it harmless at first, and eventually figured that when he traveled to meet her, that it would at worst be a friend she would have to tolerate from afar.

Then he told her that they were starting to date, and her blood had started to boil.

Words had been exchanged, and her normally so calm son had stood up to her with quite the tempered words of his own, which caused them to not speak for about a half year.

They had taken contact again after that, and with the rest of her children leaving the old land a little by little to see what the big fuzz was about Equestria, and her Spa being melted after a recent eruption, she had begrudgingly accepted to attempt to see what this place was like, and meet her sons mate. So far, she was not impressed by either of them.

"As for your request, look at it from my perspective. Imagine that your youngest child one day returned and told you that he had fallen in love with a Diamond Dog, and that he had started dating one. How easy a time would you have to accept that, or the other dogs he began to mingle with and change more and more towards? Would you just accept it like it was normal?"

She knew enough about the dirty pups to know that they were basically the same way as it were between Dragons and Ponies. The two did not get along in general, and the dogs were seen as a lower intelligence race by the Ponies she had heard talking about them. Sentient, though not quite as good, and with strange customs. It were pretty striking to how she felt about Ponies right now, so it should make for a suitable analogy.

Jade snorted a little smoke and spread her wings, ready to take off.

"Ponder this until you reach my temporary domicile. I will need to alert my mate that I found you."

With that, she took to the skies, and flew back towards the building she currently lived in. A pretty easy direction to follow right now, though perhaps they'd like to just stop and take a few breaths before getting closer to that place right now.

=======================================================================================

@genessee

Berry put a hoof on him, just in case he'd try to bounce off as he seemed a bit fidgety in it after the caffeine. Wasn't even one of the strong ones and he already looked like a squirrel who had fallen into the bag of beans.

"Woah there Lance, I think you've had enough for now. Geez, I wanted to give you a taste of what you've been missing out on, but if you go at it like that, you'll end up staying awake for a week, and twitch the whole time. You need to space it out until you've gotten a tolerance man."

She had to go at it with the coffee because she didn't get the buzz from it from a small sample anymore. Also she sometimes stayed awake late at night, and needed fuel to keep herself going. Lance didn't seem like somepony who had much of a reason to stay awake at night. The conspiracy had not grabbed him tightly enough to make him seem anxious. Perhaps because he was part of it, but she would see once he started to throw things out and she could rummage through it at night. That should give her all the answers she needed.

========================================================================================

@Lloyd

Blackbeak's reaction had been good, and the glass would have been moved out of the way regardless of whatever or not the blade had been stopped or not.

Scarcity had looked very pleased as she saw how Warlock, and this unknown stallion behind her as well had known what it was that she had brought, and not just Athriel. The Screaming Path was not a relic that were too widely known outside of the darkest circles, but for those in the know, they did well in being nervous and afraid. There was a reason why she had kept this thing hidden in ten years now, after she had wrangled it out of the hooves of a crazed maniac who were attempting to find a way to safely let the pathway open permanently, and not just shortly in case the glass was broken.

He didn't seem to know enough however, considering his attempt at breaking it without realizing that it would have sucked every ounce of magic out of the room whilst they got pulled through to the other side, leaving him just as damned as the rest of them, which were disappointing. She had thought him smarter than that. She had to rethink a few things considering how foolish he actually were it seemed, but there were no time to talk about this, or really think on it either.

In a fell swoop, Warlock would drain away at Iron's magic, and teleport away with both that, and the group of Chow, Astral and Athriel.

Had it only gone that simple, things may have looked less dire for her personally, but alas, things were never that easy.

As the magic got sucked out, the mirror would push violently against the glass, stretching it and clinging to the stream of magic. Even if the glass was unbroken, it could still well feast on the magic passing near it, which were one of the reasons she had brought it in the first place. So it would cling, and it would take of the magic as rapidly as it could, even though the most would indeed reach Warlock. And when he then tried to cast what would account for a rather strong teleportation spell, considering the amount of beings he took at once... Well, it would cling and feast of that as well, which would make two things happen.

1. The teleportation spell would be erratic, leaving them to either be taken to the wrong place, or as she suspected it might, scatter them all over Equestria and beyond. It was impossible to know which one would happen with an erratic teleportation spell, but hopefully they would remain safe

2. It would drag Blackbeak with it into the teleportation, causing her to be drawn away as well, as if she had personally been touching Warlock.

Brick would also go, as when he saw this, he instinctively pushed Scarcity back, charged towards Warlock, clicking the right blade into its socket on his hoof as he did so, and just before the teleportation would occur, would be in the motion too make a swing at him. Where he, Blackbeak or really any of them would end up now, Scarcity would not know, but seeing both of her employees and Chow be taken away like this made her visibly grimace.

"This may make things problematic."

An understatement if there ever was one, but as she dusted herself off from the dirt that the push had left on her coat, it was all she believed was right to say. She couldn't just panic over things here. It wouldn't help, and after Chow had been taken that first time, she had said that to herself enough so that she could remain calm outwards. Inside her head however, was an entirely different story, as she felt some panic spread over loosing both her investment, and her best workers.

They better return safely...

===========================================================================================

@Lloyd

"I know not whom you have et, but it have not been me. Canterlot have not graced my paws for a long time."

Zhu had barely set hoof in Canterlot the past nine centuries or so, fearing that Celestia may find out that he was alive and that he'd abandon his post to come back to her. He had yearned to do that with all of his heart for a long, long time, but he had seen the Forgotten One. He knew that he could not do what he had to do to prevent that, and other creatures such as it, if he stayed in Canterlot. His sacrifice had required him to stay away, and only now when he believed the time was correct, and the voices of those who sometimes conversed with him were strangely silent, he had ventured into Canterlot instead of acting from the outside via others he had guided towards the capitol.

"Some may pretend, but none are me. Face whom I am, and remember the truth."

Briefly, Zhu pulled his hood back as they passed the guard, and showed off his full head to the Pony.

He knew that there were those who pretended to be him, as the number of those who actually knew him instead of just his name were incredibly small. They dressed in robes and wore lenses to mask their eyes, though he had not heard of any pretenders being of his own kind. And if the guard had not inspected *him* the other times either, he would likely not know better. Considering everything, Zhu believed showing his scaly head this time would prevent further mistakes. He had little use for others to pretend like they were him, as it only muddled what he were supposed to do.

"Others pretend, but only I am. Go deaf to the words of false prophets."

He put his hood back on after that, and followed Wing in silence, until they reached the now-empty throne room. Dew had left as Zhu had been picked up it would seem.

"He attempts to fight the Sphinx, but his prime is faltering and the enemy reaching closer to his. He will need the aid he can get."

That would be kind of an understatement, as if Wing would get outside, he would see the Sphinx fighting Scorn, whilst Dew was wiggling on a wall, trying to get loose of about fifteen layers of cloth wrapped around him and a tower. Frankly, as Scorn was pressed to be on the ground, things did not look good for him either.

===================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Brute gritted her teeth, whilst the guard looked at her, unsure what to do right now.

"If they know what this is, listen to them. Get everypony away from it."

The guard nodded and sped up so he could join the rest of his squad, as the rest arrived to see the outside. The crystals thankfully seemed to be restricted to said apartment, and wasn't growing right now, but it did beg the question: How the hay had it grown in an office like that within the last four days? Even if it had been a block enveloping the pony living in there, it would take over a week just to get the pony covered. How long would it not normally take the encase the office? Something was definitely wrong.

The gems caught the eye of something else too, as the Refraction slithered partly out of Omen's mane and look towards the gems. It was licking around its mouth, clearly looking forward to eating more of this kind of crystal.

Brute vaguely noticed the creature slithering out of the *Pony's* mane as she got closer to the building, and felt the want to kick something. More surprises were not her idea of fun right now.

"If you've dealt with this before, what is it, and how does it go away?"

"Small thing eats it."

"That little shrimp wrangler? You have got to be kidding me."

"It seems to like them."

"Sen and Lin, is she pulling my leg? I can't tell witht hat voice. And if no,t, are we just supposed to put this strange Dragon to the door and let it eat?"

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta

Discord moved to a reclining position as he floated over everypony, bringing his violin up and strumming it more like a ukulele. "Let the little refraction have his fun, won't have to worry about crystals once he's done~!" He rhymed, now wearing a hawaiian style vacation shirt and a pair of khaki shorts. "We won't be able to investigate until he's done, and I must say that I'm in a bit of a musical mood.. How about a nice relaxing song?" The spirit began floating in a lazy circle, singing a random song, "I want to go back to my little grass shack, In Kealakekua, Hawaiʻi~..."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Victoria looked disgruntled and for the first time in a while made no stubborn remarks. She looked more sad than anything else.

"What's wrong Vicky, you were handling her so well why so glum now?"

Sprinkles fluttered over, completely back to her old self now that the dragon she feared had flown away.

"J-just the thought of me having a "youngest child" and what I would do in the given situation. If I were a mother what if I made the wrong choices? Maybe it's for the best that I remain childless..."

Sprinkles wasn't sure of the right words to say to Victoria and so instead just gave her a simple hug, and for once Victoria did not push her away but actually hugged her back, squeezing her tightly to the point that Sprinkles had to gasp for air. Realising she was suffocating the pegasus Victoria finally released her causing her to fall onto her back breathing heavily.

"S-sorry. I really need to think on this though, I don't want to get in the way of love and I don't have a problem with a dragon/pony couple but I really don't like diamond dogs, they're so... filthy. But what if I had a foal who was in love with one, would I be wrong to pull them away to keep them clean? Am I making generalisations about the dogs? I feel like I'd be like Jade which I don't want to be... no offence to you Benny, I simply mean I would prefer to be open minded with my child and to let them do as they please so long as it didn't hurt them."

"I'm sure you'd make the right choice, you're great with angel."

"Perhaps... Enough of this sentiment, don't expect another hug from me. And I only said those things about you to protect you."

"Oh yeah? Well if you don't really care about me then why bother protecting me?"

Victoria did not answer the question and walked across to Benny and Pop.

"Shall we continue our journey?"

Victoria was very good at hiding her emotions, she was understandably well practised in the art, though it could not be missed that her eyes were somewhat wetter than they had been before and her thick eyeliner had begun to run very slightly away from her eye sockets.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Warlock felt the spell tear apart, but where it sent them was luckily not that far apart, instead scattering them around the area Warlock wanted to teleport to, Brick and Black Beak would be thrown against trees as Warlock was not there for them to capture. But these two would find themselves nearby the two Princesses original castle, but not together, they were put there far apart, but they could find each other, along with Scarcity who'd end up near by Brick, but she'd still be quite a ways away.

Meanwhile Warlock collapsed onto the floor off some seemingly random part of sisters castle, seeming to be in pain. "Are you INSANE?!" He looked up, to see Scarcity wasn't there, but instead Astral and Chow.

"I feel that should be directed at yourself."

Astral's snarky comment didn't help his rage, and the element he wore only amplified it, he leaped forward as a sword materialized, stopping inches from her neck. "You would be lacking a head, if we didn't need you alive." Instead he swung his hoof back and cut off part of her mane before he pushed her away. "You on the other hoof!" He said, pointing his sword to Chow after it cut through Astral's mane, she tumbled across the ground, looking to Chow as well. Warlock seemed to briefly checking if Athriel was there, and she was, although she'd find herself in a similar condition to Warlock's when he came in, on the floor. "Oh she'll enjoy taking you apart!" He said, looking at Chow with a smile, tossing his sword to Athriel, it sliding close to her.

Astral ran over to the sword,  pushing Warlock out of the way, although failing as Warlock just floated out of the way of her hooves as she ran to the sword reaching towards the sword, hoping to grab it before Athriel did.

========================================

It didn't take much thought as he looked to Scorn and Dew, before Iron Wing leaped out of the castle window, which was still broken, soaring towards Enzo, spinning around in the air as he sent several of his metal feathers flying outwards, towards Dew and Scorn, but instead of hitting them, it'd slice through the cloth, and several more were heading to Enzo, and considering that these were sharp metal objects, stopping them with cloth would be significantly more difficult.

• Brohoof 1

Mirage nodded and replied, “I would’ve thought so, and as to others wanting to protect loved ones, I’m not surprised by that either. For the Princess, I think I would help her when she is not as busy as you say she is.”

Mirage stopped to help Amanita over another log in the way and responded to the latter part of what Stargazer said.  “I do hope so sir. And as to your question, I’m normally prepared to fight, but before that particular Timberwolf, I had run out of arrows and had been making more when it had attacked. Thankfully Amanita was not hurt during that, so I’m happy.”

Amanita was still listening to the sounds of the forest and the conversation.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

Seemed like the Refraction caught sight of its next meal and while initially thinking that the job would be too much for the little creature to handle, Sen was willing to give it a chance. The crystals appeared to be confined to the space it is in for the moment and, if enough time elapses, maybe it could be cleared out without problem. Lin, however, approached the little drake and picked it up from Omen's mane and brought it closer to the crystals.

"Hope you're hungry," Lin enthusiastically said. "You've got yourself quite a meal." She put down the drake near the formation and simply let it be. Maybe it might comment on its meal if it is able to speak after eating.

The dark longma then turned to Brute Force to ease some concern. She's already seen the creature in action and it definitely could be of great help in the current situation. If File Fiddler was encased on the other side, that would be an even bigger relief. Two birds hit with one stone; the crystals would be cleared out and Fiddle will get the message intended for him.

"They're both right. This little creature is called a Refraction and it can 'eat' away the changeling emeralds. Those are the parasitic crystals growing all over this place. It's going to take a while so it's best to get everyone away from it for the meantime until it is removed."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I am not very social myself, but I love having friends. Perhaps I could work on that... While I'm not as fearful as Brittle, I do shy away quite often... perhaps meeting you was what I needed." Foxy ducked under more branches, trying not to have any touch Agni, though a few leaves would brush off. It wasn't like an ordinary forest, but at the same time it wasn't completely foreign either. Perhaps it was because of her good sense of direction for exploring forests since she was young, but it didn't scare her off, or at least not as much as it scared others off.

The daylight was faintly trickling through the trees, making visibility harder. Fortunately Briar could make his way through in his own way, in which Foxy did not fully understand. "So you can tell where things are without seeing them right? Like trees? How far can you 'see' then?"  Foxy asked, curious to how Briar navigated without eyes.

• Brohoof 1

@Foxy Socks

"I have a great understanding of my surroundings, but it is not sight as you would know it. Rather, I am guided by the wind, vibrations in the ground, and a certain degree of *sense* of the natural objects around me. The later helps when inside wooded areas such as this, whereas wind, vibrations, and sounds are what I need to work with when inside cities.

The larger the settlement, the harder it gets though. In Manehattan, the earth never stood still enough for me to really get any sense of how many were within a few meters of me, the tall buildings made air flow barely a thing at times, and the sounds were varied and plenty. It took me a good deal of time before I learned how to tune things out in places such as that, and quite honestly, I much prefer places like Ponyville over that. It is quieter and easier to navigate. As long as metal is not involved."

Briar frowned a little as he wandered over a bundle of roots near the edge of the river, remembering the sign from earlier.

"For some reason, I have a hard time sometimes to make out metal. I need to keep a good deal of focus to not slam my head into just about every sign one can pass made of such a material, and as have been proven before, I do not always succeed."

A few more trees later, and the three of them would be able to see the river that had been possible to hear some time before it was seen, and Briar grinned. He liked the sound of the water flowing across the stream, and the thought of the fish swimming within was delightful. Yet he wasn't hungry enough to make Foxy uncomfortable with his eating habits currently. He could wait for a while longer.

"Ah, excellent, we're here- Or rather, we are near. You might be able to see the entrance into the rock wall on the other side? It should be covered with fauna, but I have confidence in your abilities, Foxy."

It might be a little hard to make out at first, but with the wind blowing, now and again the vegetation on the rocks would move around, and show some of it to not be as clinging to the rocks as one might think. A blanket of sorts he had grown and tied together to conceal the entrance a little better, just in case.

"Perhaps it will be easier if we get up close. May I be allowed to carry you across Foxy? It is my understanding that ponies does not enjoy being soaking wet."

================================================================================================

@genessee

"Good good. Not that you'd be able to get anything either anyway. I mean, I rule the grinder in here, and you have no idea how it works, so you couldn't just get it unless you did something stupid, like nicking it from a patron. And I'm currently thinking that you're too good of a stallion to do something like that."

Berry grinned and swirled in place. She felt very chipper after haven gotten her own mug a little earlier, and even the crushing knowledge of the conspiracy was not enough to bring her down when she felt like this. If anything, it made her more curious, but there wasn't much she could learn right here. The ones who ran everything didn't just go around and talk about it in public after all. They weren't stupid.

"Anyway, perhaps it's time you get into the kitchen again? I think the time's about right for you to see what other deliveries Chop haves for you."

======================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Brute looked skeptically at Lin, thinking that she were a few spanners short of a toolbox, but something caught her eye that made it harder to think that she was merely pulling her leg: The Refraction latched unto the crystals, and they seemed to slowly attempt to wiggle away from it. Whatever this creature were, it seemed to cause some sort of reaction in the crystals, who also seemed to get increasingly pale around where the little creature were gnawing. Perhaps this was a solutio- Woah!

Instinct caused her to take a step back before she was hit by the pillar of white, glittery fire that suddenly burst up towards the ceiling, and scorched a hole through the roof. The look of disbelief she sent towards the small thing who had did that was quite noticeable, though it did not seem to be bothered. The entire focus on the unnamed creature was on it's meal, of which it was moving through a little by little. Faster than the last time certainly, but then again, it was also bigger now. As size would increase over time, it would likely be able to get through the mass covering the door in less than a minute. An impressive feat, but not one to be seen in the immediate future. It would have to likely chew through the entire mine they had left behind to get anywhere near a size where that was possible.

Curious what could be done by such a small creature, who just a moment ago was rubbing against the clawed hand of Lin, as it had been put down on the floor and encouraged to feast. A duplicity Brute did not personally like, but it were what it were. At least she hadn't been torched-

"Dangerous creature, this *Refraction*. Stay here, I'm gonna have to tell the guards why the roof is getting holes, and have them get away from the top of this place before they get roasted."

As if called, the guard from before got into sight, and looked at the strange scene in front of him, then at the hole in the roof.

"Uhm... W-What's going on here?"

"The little shrimp is flaring the roof. Tell your squad before somepony end up caught in one of the blasts."

As before, he simply nodded and went on his way. The more he had seen of these assorted creatures, the less he frankly wanted to know. Though he did stop up and look at the dancing and singing Discord first. He might've gotten entirely hypnotized by the display if Brute hadn't cleared his throat, causing this kind of daze he had felt over looking at this to go away. Embarrassed, he scurried along, and hoped that nopony had seen how he had fazed out for a moment there.

"So, I'm starting to get the feeling that something is amiss here that you're not telling Lin. You are experts in this kind of crystal that have suddenly shown up here, and even have a creature that can clear it, and it just so happens to be in the office of the Pony you were looking for. What's going on here?"

The question was for Lin, though she focused her glare at Sen in the end. He had been awfully quiet about things thus far compared to his sister, and she wasn't sure if that meant that he was burning in with something else that Lin weren't aware of or didn't want to say, or if something else was going on. Either way, she were starting to feel paranoid about him.

Meanwhile, whilst this had gone on, Omen had approached Discord, biting notice in something the Draconequus had said.

"Little thing is a he?"

She tilted her had as she looked at him for answers, though it began to sway again, as she tried to keep the thread with his music and dancing. It was interesting to look at, and it made her think of the good old days, when they were in a world of nonsensical chaos and freedom of everything, but she was still curious about the statement he had made about the Refraction.

Not having known the gender, Omen had just kept calling it... Well, *it*. Gender, name and race was something she had no idea about. Discord had now answered two out of the three things about the creature she had known nothing about, and it made her curious if he knew more.

"so it is a Refraction, and male. Is the name next? Do I need to give it one up Master Discord? I have seen ponies do that before."

It was at that point that the guard had been given the comment by Brute, which included a word that had been said a few times now about the Refraction. Sounded like it could be a name.

"Sounds okay.

Strange to see you dance again, Master Discord. Are you happy? I don't remember if this is joy."

Thinking it over, Omen had just moved along, not thinking more about it. Shrimp sounded like a name, and the muscly Unicorn had said it some times without him trying to bite her, so that meant good far as she knew. Only seemed like he bit when things annoyed it. Like Sen, and the chomps into his nose.

@MiragetheChangeling

"Ah, that makes sense. Perhaps at one point when you are settled, you could show me what you are capable of? I'm curious."

"Me toooo! I wanna place an apple on my head and then you can go all *Twoing* and hit it!"

Jelly had been quiet for a bit, fascinated by some birds in the trees above them, but hearing that there might be an archery showing had gotten her all riled up and focused on the conversation again. It was like in one of those history books at school, where a Pony had to shoot an apple off his own colts head to win a bet. It would be so cool to be part of that!

She was practically fluttering around the archer, waiting for a response whilst her father was shaking his head. He could well forbid her this right away, but honestly, he doubted she'd listen to that from him right now. She was a stubborn little one, and when first she had set herself something in mind this much, it could be hard to get it out of there again for him. Perhaps if she heard it from Mirage she'd be less inclined to pursue it.

hen again, if she didn't say anything about the danger, then he might have to try and put his hoof down anyway. He knew his daughter well, and he had faith in her ability to get through that, but he wouldn't take the chance before he had seen how good of an archer the changeling were. He wouldn't risk Jelly's health on a cheap thrill, without knowing whatever or not it was safe.

@Battenberg

"Yeah, we can go on. Can't be too far by now it looks like.

I'm sorry about the comment mother made, comparing Ponies to Diamond Dogs, it's just..."

How would he find a nice way to say this? It was hard, since this was not a good situation to try and spin positively. His mother had made a pretty harsh analogy there, and much as he loved her, he would really wish she had just kept silent and spat fire at everyone instead. It would have been far nicer.

"Dragons looks as Ponies as lower species."

Benny felt the words he had half-way formed in his head withering away as he looked over at Pop, who had not gone through the bothersome task of trying to make something sound better than it actually were.

"I know Benny. It's a stereotype that's seen both ways, and I've heard it several times too when other Dragons looks at us. Just not put this way."

She bowed her head and sighed a little. This were what she had to work with to get into her mother-in-law's good grace. A view that she was to her what a Diamond Dog would be to a Pony. A lesser race with barely any brains to work with, living in mud holes and rummaging through the world like beasts. This was going to go great...

"You shouldn't think on it too much Victoria. I mean, Diamond Dogs are simple, brutish creatures, where both Dragons and Ponies are actually intelligent. There's just a lot of bad views on each side of the fence for some reason, and it's not easy to get past it. I'm sure that when you eventually have a foal, they're gonna end up better than that, long as you raise them well. And I doubt they'd go with a Diamond Dog. Only interactions I've heard about between them and us, tend to include how they're looking at us like pack animals to drag rocks around. I think that's a bit too harsh to make anything good come from meeting up. And that's if they even ever meet. They're far from towns after all."

Benny almost interjected here, as he had actually seen some in a town before, but he made himself sip it before he got something out. It wasn't gonna help the argument to calm Victoria down if he started to talk against it.

"...Yeah, what she said. And don't worry about judging my mom. If she doesn't like it, she'll make it far more obvious than I could, and she kinda deserves it sometimes. I just hope that dad is gonna find a place to dig out a steam room soon enough so she can mellow out at least a little.

But all in due time. Let us go my merry mares. The show must go on."

With a whistle, Benny turned and started to walk the direction he had seen his mother fly off into. Hopefully they would be close, before the cakes would end up going too cold. Not that he couldn't warm them if it came to that, but you know, the principle of things and all that. plus Victoria would likely prefer to get on her way again sooner or later.

=========================================================================================

@Lloyd

Brick's slash connected, but not with Pony as he had thought. Instead, his blade cut deep into a tree, cutting it in half and leaving him very disgruntled. Sure, he knew that he was not ordinarily allowed to make a lethal cut on a Pony, but Warlock was nothing more than a monster. His employee had made sure to tell him that, and he knew that she didn't lie to him. He was the only one that she trusted to follow her on the more shady side of her business, and he had earned her trust through his actions and devotion. She would not betray that with lies. Not to him anyway.

Blackbeak might be a different story. The Griffon that were chirping in pain somewhere (thankfully, the angle made sure the glass wasn't broken) were at the point where she knew of the shady business, and at times she were with them when they handled things, but she had not yet proven herself to be trusted completely. For example, she didn't know about Scarcity's heritage, and what happened to her parents. He on the other hoof, knew exactly what had gone on, and he considered this knowledge of his employers personal life a sign that she trusted him more than anypony else.

"Uuuurgh, bloody tree... Where the hay am I? And where's everyone?"

The Griffon looked around, not finding an answer to any of those questions. Not until she glanced at the castle, which even she knew enough about to call out. Wherever the rest were, she would venture a guess and think that going in there was going to give her some answers.

Brick thought the same, and after putting his blade back to the side, he'd be on his way too. He'd get there faster, as he wasn't injured, but the two of them should eventually meet near the entrance regardless.

Meanwhile, Athriel rose from the floor with fire nearly burning in her eyes. Being tossed around like that was starting to really get on her nerves, and lo and behold, there was somepony who she hated she could react upon. She were even encouraged by Warlock, who seemed to have had enough with him as well. Which would likely not be less true as he started yelling post mane-cutting.

"Get your mitts off her you filthy party clown!"

Chow were starting to get defensively, and as he saw the sword about to be fought over, he got the idea to grab it as well and give Warlock a piece of his mind. However, he wouldn't get it. And neither would Athriel. She wouldn't even try, as she instead grabbed Chow around the neck and showed her face into his with a creepily sadistic glow in her eyes.

"No, I have a far better idea of what to do with you."

A brief look of horror would go over Chow's face as the scarlet mist Athriel was bound to, flowed out of her current vessels beak, and into the stallions muzzle, nose, and eyes. It was a more painful than what she had to do, but time was everything right now before Astral got the chance to strike, and before she'd get the chance, it was done, and the Griffon removed her talons from Chow's neck. Then collapsed on the floor, passed out, whilst the Stallion looked at Astral with red eyes and a cruel smile.

"Guess whoooo?"

*Chow's* hooves turned red as Athriel's voice escaped his muzzle, and he wandered forth with a victorious chuckle.

"I had never intended to inhabit him again, but seeing how much it pains him to know that I can hurt you, and it would be by his own hooves? That makes it good enough to take a second ride. If only you could hear him plead for you right now."

Athriel chuckled, and stretched her new host. It was a little uncomfortable, as she preferred to use females as vessels, but it was a small price to pay to make Chow suffer in the back of her mind. And with what she could read of his memories right now, it was no wonder. The simpleton who wanted to be a Griffon were scared of what might happen to Astral. A mare he barely knew, got him riled up enough to take it this far, and even pleading with her, whom he should know had no sympathy for him.

What a pathetic creature.

=======================================================================================

@Lloyd

In the hospital, far away from them, Scarcity took the blanket off the second covered thing she had brought, which revealed a rather exquisite looking vase. Nothing special with it really, though the inside was another story entirely. Slowly, and with great care, she would lift fine, snow-white powder out of there,a nd spread it around Golden's bed as she mumbled a few words.

If Iron had any sense of what was going on right now, he might know this to be a ridiculously rare material that could be used to make circles protecting from dark magic, but after the magic drain, he may instead have gotten into a seizure or something, and the doctors would swarm him.

=====================================================================================

@Lloyd

Cloth could not to much against the metal, that was true. But the thick bone cuffs and necklace however, would be fairly efficient in taking them in. Enzo had taken notice of the newcomer to this fight, and had swung his right front leg to take the feathers, though one of them were not hit correctly and scratched his skin.

"You dare to fight me?! Kneel!"

With that, Enzo would use his magic to ground Wing. His wings might be magic, but if there was flight involved, a Sphinx could end that handily. It was why the fight against Dew had been so easy for him, and why Scorn were having some issues. They relied on their wings too much, and lacking the option to fly made this so much easier for Enzo.

Still, the magic only prevented flight. Wing's wings would still work like he had done with them a few times now, with tossing the sharp metal feathers and controlling them, and he might land well, if he had experienced getting the wind removed from under his wings before. Hence, Dew would also be freed by the sharp feather going his way, cutting deep and setting the former general free.

"Thanks Wing. Now what're we going to do about him?"

Scorn were trying his best right now. Fire was breathed, but would only meet cloth which would burn, and end with little more than a pile off ash going down on him. Physical confrontation was an option, but the Sphinx played smart. He did not get close enough for the smaller Dragon to get a hold of him, and then swooped down to smack at him now and again when it was opportunistic to do so. It felt like he could not loose.

And then then Sphinx suddenly fumbled in the air, and fell to the ground.

Enzo had no idea wht as going on there. All of a sudden, it was just as if the wind was working against him, and messing up his flight. So now all of a sudden he was on the ground, on his back, in a pile of crushed vases and ruined bushes in the Canterlot garden, whilst Scorn were crawling up on his belly, aiming to get to his face. It looked like a cat climbing somepony. Cute, but as was evident by the Dragon being smacked away, inefficient.

Zhu calmly walked towards the Sphinx who had yet to rise up, and looked towards Dew and Wing.

"You are on even ground now. Do what you think is right, though ask yourself what you can live with. Some actions carry consequences that reaches far into your life."

It was a vague spoiler, but one regardless. After the Forgotten one, he had not found a meaning in being as cryptic as he once were, as there was no greater evil to eventually handle yet. Warlock was an issue, but he was a barracuda in an ocean. Not the lowest on the chain, but there were plenty of creatures that were more reason for concern.

• Brohoof 3