Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @Catpone Cerberus Luna looks at Cherish, "The Thestrals in the Night Guard are...unique." Serenade puts a hoof over her mouth to stop from laughing, "You can say that again, your Captain of the Guard is still ticked off at me." Luna rolls her eyes, "He is. He still wishes to know how you sneaked into the barracks, and replaced their armor with those of the Dawn Guard." Serenade snickers, then shrugs, "Learned from the best." The two Thestrals chuckle and give Serenade mock glares. "Oh," Serenade walks over to her fridge, "My mom wanted me to give you and your sister this" She opens the fridge and removes a box, "Said, and I quote 'I hope LuLu enjoys this." Luna blushes, "I'm certain I will" She takes the box in her magic, "We must be off" and in a burst of magic her and her Guards disappear. Serenade waits for a heartbeat, then collapses on the floor, giggling and laughing. 

@Rising Dusk

Arriving at the origin point, he'd find himself in the middle of a bustling street, with nothing seemingly out of the ordinary as ponies kept wandering between booths to look at the local wares - which in this area seemed to be mostly food - along with a few dragons here and there, eyeing the vegetables with mostly disinterest as they sought out their own kinds of food vendors, which in comparison were few and far in between, yet those who sought would find what they looked for.

To everypony here, things were just going around as normal, besides the sudden appearance of a pony nearby, but most weren't taking notice of it, or what else were happening to and around them. Rising however, as he could see the threads of magic, would be able to hone in an a specific item: A small, red flower that stood among others in a flower display between two booths selling coffee and varied unusual fruits like oranges and bananas. For all intents and purposes, it looked like it were just a part of the already made decorations around a sign that promoted *Never-withering flowers at Rosebush Gardens*. For Rising though, it would be filled to the brim with dark magic that carried the trace of being from the same who made the bear, but had other, more malicious intends, as it were constantly giving off nearly invisible puffs of magical pollen, which would cling to the air and get breathed in by whoever went near enough, and cling to their clothes. If all twelve were like this, the clear fashion were to infect a large section of the population, though the intends of the spell wouldn't be clear. It were dark magic, but it seemed to lack a trigger to unfold something that was tightly locked away in both the flower, and whoever had gotten infected. Could be anything from a disease to mind control, but without the trigger, it were potentially impossible to say. Whatever it were, the intent seemed to include infecting the entire town, and potentially beyond that, if the infected left.

Meanwhile, Molotov's smile fainted a bit as the mare kept on talking. Here he were starting to think for a sec that perhaps these two had a bit of chemistry going, as she hadn't decked him, but when she started talking it took a bad turn he hadn't expected.

"Dusky sent you? Well ain't that a twisted turn of events. Come on in, I'll try to get the cage ready for transport, but I have been busy attempting to fix the mistakes from the last few rounds."

He'd move away from the door and towards the almost assembled cage in the middle of the room, leaving Scarlet a clear way forth into the workshop to follow, or just stand in the door and soak things in if she so pleased. Either way, Molotov wouldn't stop talking.

"The designs just kept crumbling under pressure however I looked on it, but been reinforcing the bars with something I scoured up from some old friends notes, and it looks like it could last, but I dunno how it'll fare once he starts enchanting it to deal with magic. Been repeating the process he did the last time, and it seems to yield some results, but they aren't permanent. I'm doing something wrong, but darned if I know what.

If it weren't because I know that Dusky wouldn't send anypony else unless it really were urgent, I wouldn't let you touch it, since it ain't been fully tested. But desperate measures and all that. Just gimme like, five minutes to wield the last bars shut and I'll help you get it to where it is. And you up there stay outta this. This here's one of Dusky's mates, so you ain't gonna go rattle her."

The last parts were said to Felicia, who were looking down on them with interest, but didn't respond. Whatever she'd end up doing here were anypony's guess. Depended on what were presented as going on likely.

"And you know, sorry for the whistling and stuff before. Were thinking that I were having a pretty visitor for a change, and got excited. My bad."

The excuse were pretty rushed in it, as he got back to welding the bars together that seemed to have some kinda green ooze bubbling near the surface, but it still counted, right? He had to believe that at least, or Dusky was gonna give him a lot of smack for hitting on his mate more than likely, and he didn't want friction with his new partner in anti-crime.

====================================================================================

@Zephyr / Karou

"You have my sincerest condolences, for the tragic loss of your family members. I cannot imagine what pain that must have caused you."

Much as Briar had been through many kinds of pains, losing somepony close to him were not something he could currently truly fathom. The pony that had taught him had been the closest to a personal connection he ever had with another being, but while it saddened him to bury the old stallion, he had been prepared that there would not be much time from the get go. The stallion had been sick, and known his days to be short, so he had done what he could to prepare for the inevitable with his student, who then in turn had sworn to give him a proper burial after his passing.

To have somepony who had been with you for your entire life, and who you cherished with all your heart, and then see them slowly wither away and perish far before their time though? He could not connect to that, nor fathom the immense pain that must have brought the two ponies. It must have been unbearable for a time, and likely still hard, yet the best he could offer were his sympathy for their great misfortune. Earth Mother be praised that they at least had managed to soothe the mind of their mother, so they did not need to count another tragedy in their lives.

"I wish that I could offer a kind tale to lift the mood now, yet sadly, the story between my species and yours is not a kind one.

The stories goes that when we first began growing around 600 years ago, we initially worked with your kind and helped cultivate your fields in exchange for knowledge and support, as we were a new race with limited resources and idea of our place.

Unfortunately, my kind is gifted with something that runs through our veins, which proved too enticing for certain ponies. This were when the trouble began.

It is a kind of fertilizer that works as a highly concentrated plant nutrient, and a mere drop can make a bush flourish in seconds and bear fruits, as if months have passed in fertile grounds. This were something we at first were willing to trade in small amounts, yet some got too greedy in the varied countries and began harvesting us, as if we were mere plants. Eventually, as a siege was laid on one of the great trees we need for our survival, lead to it's destruction, the varied leaders of the tribes decided to spread further and seclude themselves from the ponies they could no longer see as allies.

I have heard from many pony stories of this that their leaders - including Princess Celestia - mostly condemned this action, and set punishments tot hose who had hurt our kind, yet at that point it were too late, and we faded into obscurity. We still remain though, in many, many tribes, but we hide ourselves and our homes with powerful magic, and rarely wander among others, out of fear of what once were. It is one of the reasons why exile is seen as a harsh punishment.

There were one tribe I met though, that had slowly begun communicating with a small town up north, and traded basics tools for small vials of our essence. Potentially this can be the start of our resurgence in your eyes, yet for the time being, the stories of our coexistence are not one that have gone well."

==========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 1/24/2019 at 4:43 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"We have the statue but there were some complications along the way. I can open a gate to it and I was wondering if I could ask for some help moving it here. I would've done it myself but the encounter at the temple left me drained and Rosa recovering elsewhere. Sen likely won't be joining us for the meantime as he decided to remain with Rosa for now. So, I've brought along Omen to help me out. I suppose we'll need someone stronger to help us move the statue here. Could we ask Brick for help?"

"Worry not dear, Brick will do the best he can. Is that not so?"

Brick grunted and wandered away from them, towards the office.

"He will acquire something which should ease the burden some for you. I had prepared it just in case there were some complications. I had also prepared for damages, but if you insist that you have adequate help for the dear spy, I will take your word for it, and wish him a swift recovery. He should be brought back soon however, as a little bird have sung about his mother's trial tomorrow at 9 AM, and I get the feeling that he wishes to be there for her incarceration. If not, you could always bring her other son. He is unlikely to have kind words to say of her either, considering his backstory."

She had not been informed of Rosa's brother, but Scarcity liked to throw in something to the mix, to tease what knowledge she had acquired on her business partners. There had been quite the drought in regards to Lin, and hardly anything to work with when it came to Sen, so poking into Rosa's family story and ties had proven far more informative, and a rather intriguing read. If she didn't know better, she would have considered it a rather interesting novel, rather than truth.

But let that be as it were. As she saw the gate open and the statue in front of her, Scarcity got a greater smile on her lips, which did not diminish much as the gate collapsed, and Omen opened a more permanent one. However, one who again had those peculiar, whispering voices.

She cast a glance towards Shrimp, who had playfully nibbled on Lin's claw when she pointed at him, and responded to her inquiry by chirping. It were uncertain if he understood the question, or if so, he were willing to abide it, but he seemed more playful than hungry, so there were that. With some degree of luck, Scarcity would not lose something valuable during this visit.

"Brick will be here in a moment and secure the transport of the statue, after which I will set in motion to have everything ready for the exhibition tomorrow. In the meantime however, I feel as if this curiosity of a portal merits a personal touch."

Scarcity would wander over, and have a good look from a few angles into the darkened landscape beyond, yet she weren't stepping in. It were a risky thing that she weren't going to even attempt before she knew it were safe, which Brick would find out when he eventually stepped through. Still, it hurt not to see what to expect before that. Not everyday you had a chance to gaze into another world.

==========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"That sounds fascinating! If only I had some deeper connection to the sea life... Maybe that's the way it has to be and honestly, you might find the seaponies a lot more interesting than me. I'm very much an aquatic being but them? They can transform into their hippogriff forms and take to the skies! Or probably stay underwater and keep their fish-like characteristics. It  doesn't matter to them; they enjoy both and they've seem to have reclaimed their surface home. If you have a chance, ask about Mount Aris and the Harmonizing Heights. I hear that's a wide expanse of trees that, when the wind blows by, make music."

"Beings of water, who transcends to the skies? The world is a stranger place than I had imagined."

It sounded somewhat like with butterflies, yet those were mere insects with complicated ways of going through the development. Something from the sea, who were higher in the chain like say, ponies perhaps, who could transform to beings of the sky? She had never thought such a thing possible, yet this world were one of many, strange sights. Were it truly impossible? She could not with good will say yes to that, though it still appeared on the far side of improbable. Perhaps one day she would see for herself and be amazed.

"Perhaps one day I will gaze upon them, as well as that field you speak of, and I will witness greatness firsthand. Thank you for the suggestion."

"Back to your question, I don't think we have uh... deities? Not familiar with the concept behind it. I look after the sprites and their well-being but for as long as I can remember, it's just us and whoever we come across in the sea. Kelpies usually stay together for some time before leaving on their own to find their purpose and learn about their own abilities. I found these water sprites abandoned once and decided to take them in until they can continue on their own."

"It sounds like the way animal rescues and shelters work here. Nurse and look after the injured and lost until they are free to return to the wild."

"Exactly! Except these sprites seem to have grown rather attached to me. Not exactly how I thought things would go but I look after them now. Which is why I'm here."

"Deities are hard to define. I think mostly it goes down to something ever-living, which you worship, and gaze upon as the guiding light of your kind. Something akin to your Princess Celestia perhaps? I have been told that she have guided pony kind for many a century, and yet holds the appearance of youth. Perhaps she is the deity of ponies? If she is or not, I suppose it matters little to the creatures of the water, though I hope that no being holds the title of deity of the seas. It sounds lonely to not have a higher power to place your faith in.

As to your role guiding these small creatures of the ocean, your role sounds much similar to that of Fluttershy or myself. Offering guidance and protection for those who needs us is a great responsibility, yet a duty that holds even greater joy, when you see them thrive. I cannot imagine a higher calling for us mortals, than that of a protector of those in need of it, though I wonder what dangers your wards face normally, as they seem so frightened of new faces. What hardships befall their kind? Are they placed low on the food chain in your environment?"

========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Moonlit

Dawn Guards? Had they renamed the Solar Guards recently? Cherish could've sworn she heard that name in the streets... Then again, it could just be the name of an elite group within the ranks? And of the thestrals, she had seen one earlier. A muscular looking guy with a long beard, but he hadn't acted like these. More focused and actually pretty tired looking. Was he the weird one then? *sigh* She really needed to be caught up to current events. It felt like she didn't just understand much of the past, and somehow even less of the current way things went.

Oh well, the princess left before much time were made for Nada or her to make a reply, after taking what Cherish assumed were some kind of cooked meal with her - which were a situation on a whole other level of weird - and then on her way, along with her guards.

She glanced confused and worried at Serenade on the floor, laughing away for some reason. There must have been some sort of inside joke going on here that she just wasn't getting. Either that or the siren were easily amused.

"So... I think that went well? It sounded like... Uhm, re you okay?"

==========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Dust is easy to shake off. Cobwebs on the other hand, can get tedious to remove, and I would rather not partake in the experience unless it is in the line of duty. Say, in case I need to grab hold of my employer and tar her away from the grip of some stone monstrosity. You would be surprised how often that have been a recurring issue for us."

Opening the door and stepping in, Marley wrinkled his nose at the sight of some cobweb, but at least it wasn't overwhelming. Mostly just dust and the little at the entrance. Nothing a quick slash with a talon couldn't handle.

"It appears overall okay in this establishment. Isolated and quiet too, which in Canterlot in a luxury one does not often find. Shall I clean a spot for you, oh glorious light of our lives?"

They seemed to have a little thing going with addressing one another in sarcastic ways, so Ruby would likely be okay with this. Or she'd try to burn him now that nopony could see him. It were potentially unlikely, but Marley would lie if he didn't say the thought made him tense a little, just in case the position he had put himself in were going to cause issues.

======================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I've tried a buncha times, but I think it''s one of those boring *core parts* that you can't change. Sooooo lame, right?"

Seriously, it was kind of cheating that she needed glaring weaknesses like that, just because of... Whatever reasons. Something with the forest fire that made her, faerie connections, bla. bla. Whatever the case, it were still annoying.

At least the next part of what they were doing weren't gonna get on her nerves, but just that of everypony else. Much better, plus it involved cake. What wasn't there to like?

She plunged into the tank head first and bounced off the floor, landing on her hooves and looked excitingly at Lucid.

"Let's get to the cake ward! Step on it!."

@Blitz Boom

Novia climbed into the tank and Lucid drove it through the bakery wall and climbed out of the tank.

"It is I! The king of the cafeteria!"

"And I am the queen of the... what an I the queen of again? Lucid, can I read your mind and find out?"

"Don't read my mind! My body is a temple!"

"Hey Anomaly, do you remember what I'm the queen of?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom

That was a lot to take in: the trial was happening soon, Scarcity knows of Stargazer... All of this might go away in a blur but right now, it felt like things are moving in the right direction. Perhaps Rosa would be relieved to know how things are progressing and if possible, it might be a good opportunity to bring in his supposed brother to at least get their investigation going. 

"We're not sure Rosa would be able to make it tomorrow but we'll let him know of our progress here when he awakens. I do have some questions, though. Where would this trial happen? And how did you know of Filigree's other son?"

With things going well with Lin's end, she couldn't help but think of Sen and Rosa at the moment. Hopefully he's be awake by the time she and Omen returned, but that felt more like wishful thinking now. He was badly injured and the longma was hoping this could be the right moment to maybe introduce him to Stargazer. Even if the two turned out to not be related, the likelihood of this being somewhat low, at least he might be able to get some closure.

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"More like a case of being too accident-prone and a lot of times, not even by their own fault. See, they look almost invisible to the naked eye. They could easily be eaten and no one would know, they could be swept up in waterspouts and end up on dry land. Not to mention, they were mostly looking after themselves until I came along. They were a little too trusting for my liking but I couldn't just leave them be. They are very much scared of creatures unfamiliar to them, but give them enough time and they will warm up to you."

"Lyriel, I don't think Celestia is like a deity as you described." Fluttershy interjected, being the one most knowledgeable about this matter. That really isn't saying much though, as that might be more of Twilight's thing. "She's long-lived but we ponies don't worship her. Celestia doesn't like that and would prefer more casual relationships with her subjects."

"Sounds like someone you'd want to have looking after you. More motherly than what I'd expect from a ruler but if Equestria has gone over hundreds of years with her in charge, she's doing something right. Anyways, my time here is running short. I only came to visit after all and I should be bringing the little sprites back to the sea before their bodies begin to wear down from being away from saltwater for too long."

Cassie floated the bubble close to Fluttershy and Lyriel before making a small opening to let the sprites get close. The little ones then gathered around and gave little kisses to both the pony and the dryad before they were floated back to the water, the bubble dissipating slowly. Fluttershy seemed to like it, a feeling of several little suction cups touching her skin and a tickling or nibbling sensation radiated on her skin before the sprites went on their way with the kelpie in tow. 

"It was nice seeing you again, Fluttershy, and a pleasure to meet you, Lyriel. I wish you both well and my fortune smile on you both!"

@Blitz Boom

Sun Fire thought about that for a moment. Being hunted because of some other pony's greed is an awful thing, and even though it forced an entire race into seclusion, she was glad that they were at least safe where they were. It would be great if they could coexist with ponies, but it would be unlikely to end well without another supporting nation.

"That's a tough history. While many ponies are kind, the ones who will do anything for greed are an ugly stain on the rest of us." Sun Fire said.

Zephyr scratched underneath his chin. "I wish the world wasn't such an unjust place. Bad things happen to good ponies, and good things happen to bad ponies."

Sun Fire nodded. It seemed like all the best ponies have been through terrible experiences, which gave them the strength to carry on and the heart to help others.

@Catpone Cerberus

Silently and without effect, (Mostly due in part to the author's reluctance) a patch of air begins to shimmer some few yards behind Cerberus, far away enough to be out of his realm of awareness. The nearby cats may well enough be able to notice something amiss, as household pets often to have a knack for noticing awry magical effects.

Quietly coalescing into a vertical portal shape, it bobs once before something begins to pass through. A dull gray mass flops outward before sliding further out into a snoot-like shape. Slowly emanating further out it reveals itself to be the shaggy head of a llama, ponylike but elongated like a cartoonish exaggeration. An unnoticed moment passes like that, head poking through a portal where once was empty air, its indeterminately glowing eyes blinking to take in its change in surroundings in what could be conceived as surprise. After another quick beat, the head of Widdershins focuses, as it rarely does, on the figure some few paces suddenly in front of it.

HEY! YOU IS A CAT!!!

@Dji

"Fine then! If you won't get off me, I'll get you off myself!"

With a shrug & a slight roll to his right from his prior stance of fluttering in midair, Kaltrop bucks Dawn Streak off himself into open air. This leaving her some several yards up, over & away from the nearest rooftop, enough of a distance away that a healthy pegasus would perhaps be adroit enough to leap to, given enough awareness of their surroundings. "Healthy" however, being the variable term given the entities in this instance.

• Brohoof 1

@Moonlit@Blitz Boom
Nada just watched as the conversation went on and ultimately ended with Serenade collapsing from laughter, and she wasn't sure which thing she was more surprised by, the princess being lot more chatty than she remembered, or the fact that the things were so relaxed nowadays that she allows her subjects to call her by a nickname like that. She didn't really pay attention to what Cherish said, and instead she scratched her head and muttered to herself, loud enough for the others to hear "Times really have changed." 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby wasn't really surprised about stone creatures being a recurring problem to Marley and Spicy, not because she had seen one before, she hadn't, but because she had quickly after moving to Equestria learned that weird magical threats were pretty common and thus at this point nothing really surprised her. "Oh, there's no need, I don't fear a bit of dust." she replied to Marley's sarcastic comment before choosing a spot and after taking the box off her back sitting down, purposely sending a cloud of dust into the air.

Being a predator, Ruby could sense Marley getting a bit tense, and decided to point it out "My little bird isn't getting scared about being alone with greater predator now is he?" she asked, but quickly added "Don't bother lying, I can sense it." "But don't worry, I have no plans to harm you, that wouldn't be worth the potential negatives, I won't even bless you with the view of my magnificent true form, because these pieces of meat we got are way too tiny to be enjoyed in that form."

@Widdershins
At first Cerberus didn't notice anything unusual going on but he then started noticing his cat friends noticing something, but since there was yet to be any sensate effect, he just looked around confused, trying to catch what the cat seemed to be so interested about. He didn't notice the shape of portal appearing, as he was looking to another direction, but hearing a hiss of a cat, he looked what it was that was hissed at, and saw the gray mass that looked like some kind of animal head had appeared from somewhere few yards away from him.
Cats around him started scatter, only the bravest ones staying with him to stare at the weird thing that looked like it was alive, considering that it blinked.

Cerberus's fur rose as a reaction when the creature looked at him, but his fur being rather short, it was only noticeable on his rather fluffy tail, he tilted his head when the creature spoke. "Yes, I'm a cat, who are you?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Catpone Cerberus Serenade stands up, getting her giggling under control, "Sorry about that" She rubs the front of her coat, "And yes, it went well." Serenade walks over to her fridge, "So Nada, your welcome to stay as long as you want, my plan is to take Ziggy and go visit my parents. It's been ages, and Fah'lina needs a good pampering by my mom. And Cherish, where ever you want to go, just let me know and I'll take you there."

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk took in his surroundings for a moment upon reentry of the teleportation.  Letting out his held breath now that he was sure the location wasn't underwater.  Can never be too careful will teleportation of any kind, might end up in a fountain or lake.  Looking around this looked like a pretty average part of the city with a few vendors about.  It was a pity at times though that he couldn't see the beauty of just a normal part of the city when his extra sense got in the way.  And while normally many weaves of magic were beautiful in their own right, the air around here was fouled with dark inky magics.  Not taking all that long for the detective to pinpoint the source of the magic coming from a small red flower bundled in on a display.  He could also detect the foul pollen that had infected the ponies in the area.  The spread of dark magic on the map made a lot more sense now as each pony was turned into a carrier of the infection.

His eyes moves over the spell work, and the much smaller weave that touched the pollen stuck to a nearby pony's scarf.  Memorizing it with a blink of his yes.  A little overboard, he thought, compare to the bear.  The bear was long term, taking a soul here or there, but if this Master had this kind of ability from the start... Why wait so long?  Desperation perhaps?  Wouldn't be too far fetched.  While he couldn't pinpoint the true purpose of the spores yet, base on his initial inspection, the overall result likely wouldn't be too far from that of the bear.  A memory flash of his nightmare last night and the inky pony bubbles whispering to him went through his mind.

Returning to the task at hoof, he needed to remain focused.  Simply dispelling this flower wasn't the answer, the damage was already done.  Nothing in the spell work of the flower told him these themselves were the trigger.  Not that he could leave them alone to to keep pumping out these cursed spores either though.  What to do?  The only thing he could really do... it might work.  The orange glow of his magic wrapped his horn and the black wisps quickly joined in a torrent storm.  The wisps lept to work and made danced around the inky weave of the floor.  But this wasn't a dance of battle.  No, the wisps behaved more like sowing needles and mending scissors.  With a calm mind, he unraveled the magic weave in certain areas and stitched them back together in others.  Performing a controlled spell rewrite, as it were, instead of letting the run away magics run rampant that occurred from a regular dispelling.  What he wanted to do, was let the flower keep pumping out spores, but spores with a new weave.  The trickiest part of the re-purposing of the already existing spell was getting it just right... there, a few more taps and touches from the wisps to make the new spell.  A little dirty, crude and ugly, by his standards, but the rigged weave of the spores were set to spread just like the ones before.  With a nice little twist, if he did say so himself, as the new spores would seek out the already existing spores and rewrite them to match.  Like when a supervisor comes out with new instructions on how to bake a muffin.  When these new little guys might be triggered, they'd be in for a fun little surprise. 

Now just like how they spread before, he'd have to let it do it's work.  With the change the spell, while still black, wasn't oozing anymore with Rising Dusk's own signature mixed with that of the original caster's.  Already he could be too work being done. New spores puffed out from the flower and clung to an already infected pony. The new spore quickly rewrote the weave of the first to match it. Then it spread to the next pony and the next, even to him. Removing the pocket watch from his hoodie pouch, he dialed in new coordinates from memory.  "One down," he told himself before holding his breath again and pressing the top to teleport to the next location.

Scarlet fluttered in the doorway, still a bit confused about the actions of the unicorn she just met.  Following the pony into his work shop, but not letting her hoofs touch the ground.  He was having problems with the cage in regards to what the detective left him?  "Problems?  That doesn't sound good," she idly remarked while looking around the work shop.  Strange place, she had no idea a place like this existed in the city.  The stallion sure liked to take a lot too, very unlike her mentor.  As she continued to follow him to where he was going to work, she looked up at the ceiling when he remarked about 'you up there', but couldn't see anything.  Shrugging, she followed behind, noticing a place on the work bench nearby where a magic circle had been drawn.  Upon closer inspection, she recognized the detective's horn writing.  "Did Detective Rising Dusk draw this?" she inquired, but it was rhetorical.  Fluttering above it, it looked a little off.  Almost like a mix of batter had exploded and rubbed it a bit, could easily make casting the spell seem off.  Take a piece of paper and a fluttering around for a pencil, she retraced the magic circle.  Knowing the detective's horn writing quite well, it was easy to figure out what it should have been originally.  "Here, this might help," she commented to presented to him a much clearer spell circle to use. 

Hopefully.

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Blitz Boom

"Woo, at least there won't be anything intense here. Right?"

Astral looked to Misty, chuckling a bit. "Come on don't jinx it just yet." She looked out the window to Canterlot. "Though, I doubt it'll be calm like this for much longer." She looked to Chow, sighing to herself. "But I hope my dad is dealing with them."

Misty looked to Chow. "I'm sure he's fine, Sapphire isn't that powerful, I'm sure."

"You don't know her like I did. She was, really powerful. Claimed she was a match for Celestia herself." She looked down, sighing. "But whatever that, thing is. I'm sure he can handle it."

==================

Iron looked to her, lowering his head. "Not all of those types are even in use, the texts are written in a language that is not in use anymore" He looked to the shelves around his library, raising his hoof as a lot of guide books glowed, as he took them off the shelves and brought them in front of him. "There is only one missing." The books formed a stack on the floor. "I have no book that has anything about crystallizing dark magic. But you do say crystal form, so the element of dark magic might suffice."

"Possibly, I wasn't the one who read the book though." Sapphire walked over and lifted the stack, reading over the book about soul magic. "Nopony would know where it is though."

"Didn't Astral have it once?"

"She was, mistaken." Glancing to Emerald, she looked back to Iron.
"I wanted to throw ponies off. It was one of the disguises I used, around Warlock mostly, since he can sense the elements."

==================

The general listened closely, nodding. "I've been as ready as I could be since I learned of it." He looked ahead.
"Just not entirely prepared for how to accept it. beyond a thank you. I'll figure out something though."

==================

@Dji

Zealous looked to Watts, smirking a bit as he had figured she'd follow him. But it quickly faded as he realized he needed to explain himself.

"It's useless, so why acknowledge it?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"So no answers, alrighty then," Karmic muttered to herself but proceeded to follow Enzo out of the temple. She didn't get any visions on her way back and it kinda concerned her a bit. Maybe Atzy was siphoning off her magic? She didn't think it was possible but maybe it was. Who knows what could happen with a changeling symbiote inside her.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora grinned nervously at Onache and offered a quick bow before chasing Happy out of the temple, as fast as her hooves could carry her.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"If we look at both images ... it would certainly seem that this could be the first record of the Alicorn formation process," Twilight told Nerzhei, peering closely at the images of the mare with the stones and the mare with the wings and curved horn. "If this is true, and this is the first ever recorded Alicorn, this book could hold secrets to both how Alicorns formed and why the dragons and ponies are always at war!" she added excitedly, being sure to step away from the book to jump and down in excitement. "But of course, this is all speculation until we can decipher the book!"

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"No no no no! AAAaaaahh!" Dawn screamed as she was bucked off, her screams fading the higher she got away from Kaltrops. She got high up into the air, high enough to see all of Ponyville beneath her, before suddenly plummeting to the ground. She quickly tried to flap her wings but all they could do was provide a weak draft to cushion her fall with, which didn't amount to anything really. "aaaaaAAAH!" in reverse, her screams faded back into the normal range of hearing as she flailed her limbs back down towards the teen dragon.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

"I acknowledge it because it gives us something to talk about. Why do you have a stump for your horn?" Watts asked in the best curious tone she could muster, doing her absolute best to not come off as offensive or insincere.

• Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

Some distance away, a stallion were taking notice of one of his *pollinators* being altered, and used to work against the spell he had initially set upon it. A clever opponent with potent resources it seemed, as whoever it were had done well in both seeking out some of the darkness set upon the town, and then moved quickly between. Not speak of the alteration that would use it to basically work against itself. It were not often that he were impressed, but this dispeller were certainly getting his attention, and had there been darkness within the pony's heart, he might have made for an excellent pupil.

Yet the ponies of Equestria were weak, and didn't see the power that embracing the darkness could grant you. A likely mixture of the softness of their country and their leaders, along with the limited dark magic that actually ran through the ground there, which just didn't fester the right kind of attitude and envy for immense power that were needed to succeed as a follower like him.

Certainly didn't help either that even the most potent of their threats had often seemed lackluster in his mind. Tirek had the right idea, and his recent ascension had been one that were followed with interest, yet his emotions got the better of him in the end, and cost him everything. With all that magic, you would think that he could have mustered a simple spell to just pulverize everything in a given direction where his enemies were. A waste of potential that were.

But there were no point in lingering in the past right now. He had a new subject of interest to, if not teach, then at least battle wits and magic against. A battle that the Equestrian had done well in taking up so far. However, everything he did were reactive, and towards some of the smaller, though effective threats that had been planted in the town. Distractions more than anything honestly, though the infected were effective in tracking down the sisters, as a large area where they got dispelled were noticeable by him, and would undoubtedly lead to them. Big difference between a spell being cut through professionally, and for it to merely vanish into thin air. Not something just any caster would know, but he made some links between himself and his creations to be able to track things in situations where scrying spells were either not worth his time, or would expose him, and this Equestrian would certainly notice one of those. He weren't a complete beginner after all, by all accounts.

Of course, he also protected those links back so that nothing nefarious could be sent his way, but that were another matter entirely. Right now though, were more the matter of buying himself some more time, and testing the Equestrian a little further. perhaps he'd enjoy a little adjustment of his own? And... Yes, a little present perhaps, for his relentless meddling.

When Rising came to the next object who again, would turn out to be the same flower, he'd find that while the spell were the same, there were a small addition hidden within this flower. A message, containing a kind of magic best described as a *direct call line*. An invitation for him to hear from the pony in charge of this meddling business, if he cared to take the invitation, and begin the magical link. It mattered not to the master, who had another little surprise in mind at the same time, as he sent a local of his to the front door of the O.M.I. The only visible sign that something happened were a brief second of a green rift in the air, then it were gone without a trace, leaving only a 600 pound wicker bear in its place, which would barge through the door and charge at whatever nearby creature it could sense in there.

Wicker bears would carry some semblance to timberwolves, but could be more ferocious, and made of harder kinds of wood, which made them challenging to deal with. In Harrowmark, they were either avoided, or if they were of the more aggressive kinds (like this specimen) cut down and burned when they got too close to villages. They weren't magic in nature, so the wards and counter magic shouldn't be able to deal with it like his other tricks, but if they were able to fend it off for a time, or had some more physical wards to work with, they could try and dispel the rage spell that were getting it into the state it were now, and potentially manage to calm it down from there, even though it were still a highly dangerous, mistrustful being that hated ponies. Weren't as if their adversary had wanted to make it easy for them.

Meanwhile, at Molotov's place, the stallion in question would look over on the lines that Scarlet had meddled with while he were finishing the cage up, and hit himself on the forehead.

"Of course, the lines got disrupted after the explosion. Molotov ya big dingus, get a grip on yourself.

Alright, let's try dragging this over and then pray that it works. If it doesn't, and any of the D5-11 mixture gets on you, get in a shower or burn it off quickly. It gets foul if it's allowed to fester."

It was an experimental thing he were doing right now, but it at least wouldn't kill anypony. Just make it seem as if they had rolled around in a field of angry skunks, and then eaten rotten fish. It also wouldn't go away for like, three weeks or so. Effective stuff to apply to metals in the scientists own words, but they just hadn't been able to deal with that side effect before the incident took them away, along with everypony else. Still seemed like it was worth a shot in Molotov's mind.

So now that the cage were floated on the point, he started to go through the motions like he'd seen Dusky do, started to get the spell nice and in motion, yet this time, it weren't just fizzling out, but actually taking effect! he could kiss Scarlet if it weren't because he didn't want a restraining order. Oh, and he wasn't done yet.

The cage creaked and the pressure it got under were apparent, but as the spell finished, he could actually look at the mess they had gotten together, and flutter up into the air triumphantly.

"Eureka! The first, functional prototype, and years before expected. This is fantastic!"

Sure it were still gaining too much pressure for his liking, and the design could be better, and with the ability to make it smaller when not in use, but this would do for now. And perhaps a few weeks more. It was nothing major, but he miiight have to mention at some point that were was a larger increase in rust forming from this process, and there hadn't been time to galvanize anything to try and give it a chance, so it would eat through in a few weeks at most, and then likely implode. Still, this were a prototype, not the finished product. Things wouldn't be perfect.

"Okay okay, this is perhaps not the right time, but it's still a major breakthrough. I can't wait until he sees this, though... *sigh* Felicia? Mind transporting the cage to Dusky?"

Felicia silently descended, and landed near the cage, where she'd effortlessly lift the heavy thing unto her back, where it would remain stable for transport. An important thing when it came to an experimental prototype were to not shake it around too much in Molotov's opinion, and considering everything, Felicia were the best carrier for it. Sure he might be able to do so herself, but if there were trouble in town, Molotov had to stay here and make sure Blitz were safe before anything else. He liked this town and all, but he were not losing his sister again because he were absent at a crucial time.

"𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕦𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕣."

The whirs would mean nothing to Scarlet, but Molotov were starting to talk about things here before she even completely landed, just to make sure the copper weren't gonna freak and think this were some sort of trap.

"I know she might be a lil' scary-looking, but Felicia ain't gonna hurt you, or anypony else working with ya, I promise. Really didn't wanna have to resort to this either, but this heavy cage here is gonna need to be moved, and I don't wanna pressure it with wobbly movements or adding to things by using some sorta teleportation spell, seeing how tense it already is, so if this is an emergency, you're gonna need her for this. Just guide her along, and if you lead her down main streets and anypony asks, just say it's a new kind of transport robot. It's easier that way, and she'll find a more secluded route back home again."

Honestly, if Scarlet had better ideas, Molotov would be all ears, as this were too much exposure for his taste, but it were the lesser of several evils if this were an emergency situation, and could be explained away long as Felicia stayed in line, and didn't show any signs of intelligence. Folks might just be dumb enough to fall for it then.

=======================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Her trial is in the central courthouse, room 2 I believe. As for your friends family ties. Hmhmhm."

Scarcity chuckled a little to herself, and halted speaking for a few seconds as she savored this moment. It weren't the most professional, but one shouldn't avoid all of life's small joys.

"Researching Filigree, I were bound to learn of him, Rosa, and one of the two stallions she have born foals with. She hid her tracks well for a beginner, I will give her some credit for that, yet like with most others, there is always something left behind to find. Some rather interesting stuff too, about her grand plan, the primal crystals, and the score of beings she have left behind to gain what she needed. Why, your poor friend were little more than a pawn himself, being only conceived to further her plans on his fathers work, then discarded like trash. Disgraceful way to treat ones own foal, wouldn't you agree?"

This one had managed to hit more closely to home than she cared to admit, as she had some... Issues with her parents and varied other relatives too during her younger years, but this were still business, and one could not get too close in matters such as that too often. Besides, she considered the information she found on his brother to be enough to satisfy her consciousness on the matter, as honestly, the spy could have spent years trying to gain what she had picked up in far less time, and who could tell what would happen between here and then? A guards duty were quite dangerous at times after all.

"I have included some birth certificated and various other information in with the proof I hold against Filigree. As fascinating as it is to read, I have little use for it, and it seems dreadfully wasteful to simply let it collect dust in a drawer somewhere. Now, I'm sure you wonder too what it is that I have on her, but I believe it best to cover this when the statue is secure in my possession. Let us simply say that a certain part of her plans did not go as smoothly as one would expect, and that will be a difficult one to escape judgement for."

Behind her, Brick would come around again with a long, dark rope, which he'd keep on him as he jumped through the two gates and headed straight for the statue, not caring about what else were going on in the dark dimension. He'd start his work on wrapping the stone up good from there.

=============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 1/26/2019 at 3:38 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"More like a case of being too accident-prone and a lot of times, not even by their own fault. See, they look almost invisible to the naked eye. They could easily be eaten and no one would know, they could be swept up in waterspouts and end up on dry land. Not to mention, they were mostly looking after themselves until I came along. They were a little too trusting for my liking but I couldn't just leave them be. They are very much scared of creatures unfamiliar to them, but give them enough time and they will warm up to you."

"Lyriel, I don't think Celestia is like a deity as you described." Fluttershy interjected, being the one most knowledgeable about this matter. That really isn't saying much though, as that might be more of Twilight's thing. "She's long-lived but we ponies don't worship her. Celestia doesn't like that and would prefer more casual relationships with her subjects."

"Sounds like someone you'd want to have looking after you. More motherly than what I'd expect from a ruler but if Equestria has gone over hundreds of years with her in charge, she's doing something right. Anyways, my time here is running short. I only came to visit after all and I should be bringing the little sprites back to the sea before their bodies begin to wear down from being away from saltwater for too long."

"I've known butterflies who have lives much similar to your wards, and I can certainly understand your want for keeping them safe. Much as the food chain must be upheld, certain creatures need protection to not end up extinct, and who better to deserve this than ones who have more things against them than others? I pray that you will be continuously successful in your endeavors, and that when you are returned to the lands beyond, their descendants will remember you fondly.

As for what you mention Fluttershy, perhaps your princess is not a deity then, though I still carry doubt in my heart. What being can move the sun, reject the effects of time, and not be of a higher power? Where I am from, we would look upon a creature like that with reverence."

Especially since Celestia could move the sun, which were as important to life as anything her own deity were responsible for. What could grow, if not blessed by the light after all? Well, certain things would, but it would not sustain nature, and the world would grow barren.

On 1/26/2019 at 3:38 AM, EQ_Theta said:

Cassie floated the bubble close to Fluttershy and Lyriel before making a small opening to let the sprites get close. The little ones then gathered around and gave little kisses to both the pony and the dryad before they were floated back to the water, the bubble dissipating slowly. Fluttershy seemed to like it, a feeling of several little suction cups touching her skin and a tickling or nibbling sensation radiated on her skin before the sprites went on their way with the kelpie in tow. 

"It was nice seeing you again, Fluttershy, and a pleasure to meet you, Lyriel. I wish you both well and my fortune smile on you both!"

The feeling of the small water spirits wandering up to her in their bubble, and pecking her cheeks like small fish made Lyriel blush and giggle. Such quiet creatures these small brethren of the water were, but one could not argue that they were adorable. May whatever power created them, bless their little hearts, along with the kelpie that watched over them. Hopefully they would all remain safe on their way to the ocean.

"Safe travels Cassie. May your days be many, and your nights peaceful."

==================================================================================================

@Zephyr / Karou

"The world can be cruel, but one must learn to look past that, and see the beauty around them. If one focuses too much on only the hardships, they can end up forgetting that most are good, kind creatures that does not condone evil, and then everything will begin to look bleak.

Besides, this history is in the past, and progress are slowly underway. With how many old enemies that Equestria have started to make connections with in recent years, I can imagine that the Equestrian evergrown will begin to trickling in slowly over the next dozen moons or so, to see if the eyes that now gaze upon them will consider them as living beings, or mere plant food. That some have started to try and reach out up north will likely be the catalyst for what is to come, and at what speed one can expect changes, if they are met well.

I like to think that when such a time comes, my travels and explanations of what my kind are to others, will have them educated enough to not immediately fear the worst, but we shall see as time comes.

Perhaps we should consider another talking point before this becomes stuck in the past... Ah, perhaps I can enlighten you of some things you may wonder of the town? I have heard many a tale in the weeks I have been here, and would be happy to share what I can, if you so wish."

===================================================================================================

"Well uhm... A-Actually, could I stay here with Nada? I could help keep her safe and hidden, and if we could perhaps get a few history books, we could... Y'know, try to catch up with the world a little? I-I hope that's not asking too much, but like Nada said, times have really changed, and if we're supposed to join it again, we kind of need to learn a little of it. I can't remember if you said something about if you could or c-couldn't read or write Nada, but I could teach you too? Perhaps? It'd give me something to do, and uhm... W-Well, if the princess finds out how to get me away from the castle, wouldn't it be better if I were here, so she knows where to look? M-Maybe?"

In case she had to move around a little more, Nada could also take the castle piece and move it around, and as Cherish could cloak them, she could help giving them cover if Nada wished to leave and go outside for some reason. It made sense to her at least, but of course, if Serenade didn't want her to be here, she'd understand. There would be other places to haunt for her.

====================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Only a fool wonders not who may stab him in the back when you are alone with another being. Much as I truly enjoy your company, I have yet to know if you could have interest in attempting something with my back turned. Be it an attack, or a prank of some sort. Quite frankly, I am currently amazed that you did not find it humorous to mess with me just to see what might happen."

Ruby were rather straight forward from what he could tell, but there were these little glimmers of something mischievous shining through now and again that made him uncertain of how much she merely liked to tease through talk, and how much could end up in action. There were of course still the nagging thought of her potentially thinking about trying to eat him too, but those would remain for a while. Trust took a good deal of time after all.

Finding a suitable place on the floor, Marley used his right wing to dust the worst of the layer from the floor, in a direction away from Ruby, before sitting down.

"It is good to know that were I ever to ask to see you in your true glory, I am to bring forth a mighty beast, slain and ready for consumption. I will have to keep that in mind in case you ever entertain the thought, though I must say, as big as you might be, I am not afraid of you. Concerned as to what you may be able to do, certainly, but you will not have me gaze upon you and beg for my life. Heh, or rather, you will not hear it in a serious manner.

I know that you wish for others to be intimidated by the glory that is your draconic might, yet I will say that I think it best that things are as simplistic as they now can be, where neither of us believes the other to be a threat. It keeps things interesting in a way. At least in my eyes.

In any case, I wish for you a delightful dinner m'lady. Shall I carve your steaks into smaller, easy to chew pieces for you?"

==============================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Yeah, we likely aren't gonna have too much time without something going on, but Canterlot have their royal guards. Let 'em handle things for a bit so we can get our snooze on."

That was a downer of a thought right there, that they weren't gonna have much time before the next big thing went on and they had to deal with it. What were they all of a sudden, heroes? That was more the sort of business for Twilight and her gang. Them? They were dealing with this because they had personal stakes in the matter. Well, Chow did at least. He weren't 100% on the rest, though a lot centered around Warlock and Sapphire by the look of it.

"And you know, I'm sure Iron got his hooves full whooping their flanks. Not only didn't the gals seem at full power, but your dad knows one of 'em as closely as can be, so he should know how to beat 'em off. Plus it's his turf. There's likely some traps and stuff that gives him the advantage. He's probably just taking his time grilling 'em for questions."

Alright, truth be told, Chow wasn't sure on that, but sounded better than going *Your dad's probably alive*. That sort would earn him a beating, and quite honestly he couldn't blame 'em, when right now they needed some positive words and good vibes. The gloomy reality could wait until another time. Say, after they had rested, and seeing how they were only a few minutes from stopping in Canterlot at this point, that time would get here sooner rather than later. Here was hoping Iron got back to 'em before that.

==============================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

What did that stare mean? Were Sapphire lying to Iron about the element for some reason, and Astral truly had it? Could be, though why would she make that lie up? Did she think that perhaps her daughter were better off with that item, as opposed to taking it away? No, that sounded illogical, even for Sapphire. Perhaps it had more to do with not tipping off Astral what they had planned, and how they were working with Iron? Yes, that sounded more like the deceitful creature that were her sister alright, and it made sense too, in a sentimental sort of way.

"Perhaps we can make our own dark magic. We'll need a magic receptive crystal and our old book of curses, Sapphire. If we channel the magic needed for a curse through the crystal, while dispelling the curse itself, we might be able to trap some concentrated dark magic within it. Have you traversed in curses since we made our own, many moons ago?"

Curses were essentially pure dark magic, filled with corruption. If they could get the corruption away, it would take most of the dark magic, yes, but if they could gather enough up it should be workable. If not, they'd have to do it a few times, with a new crystal each time. Letting concentrated dark magic out rarely went well.

====================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Well, we should g-"

"Waiup!"

The generals turned their heads as they heard Benny call out, who came running as fast as his damaged hands allowed it, with a large, ornate chest on his back. He weren't stopping until he reached them, at which point he'd just stand there and gasp for air a few seconds, whilst also cringing over the pain in his palms. Annoying that his wings were too big for this hallway sometimes.

"You made it in time then?"

"Yeah. Just *wheeze* gimme a sec.

...Alright, sorry for the delay generals, and adviser. The box were misplaced, and I had to make sure the polishing was done right. I got his weapon ready to be presented as soon as you call for me to bring it in."

"Good. Stay here for a moment then everypony, and I will get the ceremony on track. I will call upon you all shortly."

===================================================================================================

@Dji

The way out were the same as they entered, where the traps had already been sprung, so there were little to be concerned about, and they made it out safely.

Barely had they gotten out however, before Enzo wrapped some layers of cloth all over the door, sealing it well shut once more. You know, provided somepony didn't have a torch or something.

"If I had the power to destroy this place I would..."

Enzo grumbled bitterly, before looking down on Karmic with visible irritation still in his eyes. This place brought too many bad memories to make him joyful being near it.

"Are you ready to travel back to your capitol?"

If Karmic were, he'd get her up on his back again, though closer to the neck, considering the bag up there took up space, and would fly them up and away from this deserted dump of an island.

==================================================================================================

@Dji

Happy had gotten some way when she got up to him. Usually he took some time since he had to strap into his cart, but that had been left in town after he were kidnapped by the strange draconequus earlier. Man that had been a weird half hour after that...

"Hey wadda ya know. One makeover, and the ladies comes running for me."

He'd laugh a bit and grin at Aurora. Much as he had done some pretty bad things in his time, Happy were a pretty easy-going, joking sort by nature, though comments like this had earned him a slap or sixty before. Along with kicks, beatings, the occasional jealous colt-friend chasing him, that sort of thing. How life went sometimes when you didn't know what to stop from flowing out your yap, right?

=================================================================================================

@Dji

"I have a theory about the process involving draconic magic of some kind, and that is why an alicorn's lifespan can be as long, or potentially longer than ours. The possibility if that were the case, right? Our history, connected in ways that had not seemed possible before."

Nerzhei's voice were getting excited too. Finally there were someone here who not only were willing to listen to what she said about this book, but also took a great interest and excitement in the possibilities of what it could mean, and had theories that while unsubstantiated, were supposed to come when faced with a piece of potent history like this.

"I haven't seen the last 3/4'th of the book yet, as I don't want to simply see and guess what came to be, but the truths must lie within these pages, and they should be done properly. One page at a time, to ensure that the entire history are learned in the right order, or the lack of context are going to ruin everything.

In a few years, I've managed to translate around half a page, but the knowledge you hold in your library might finally be able to reveal a pattern, and cause translation of the combined languages to become easier.

I would like to share credit with a research partner, if it holds some interest to you? But, know that as a scholar, I need to stress that the entire history must be accessible to the public when the whole thing is translated. Perhaps not the details of an actual alicorn process, but the history itself cannot be suppressed, no matter what truths comes from it. I don't care what they once thought when they destroyed trace of their kingdom, but I will not have history removed just because it isn't comfortable for either side, or doesn't fit their new world image."

Though excited, Nerzhei's voice still carried gravity right now, as she stared unblinkingly on Twilight. She were well aware that what could come from this book could just as well reignite conflicts, as it could finally lay to rest what started a several millennia old feud, but the history still had to come to light. A true scholar wouldn't bury it and leave it forgotten just because it wasn't conforming to the common folks perception of how things were and should be.

Of course, any details on how certain things were done like horrid rituals, alicorn process, etc. were fair enough to just leave hints at, but no details. They weren't here to foster witches after all. But it should still be mentioned that those things happened in the story.

============================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"It's medicine, ya big silly one. Hehe."

Anomaly slid out through the cannon itself, limbless like a snake, and hissing like a bagpipe.

"And your body is Her temple Lucid, Mr. Whipped."

She pulled her tongue at the pooqus before slithering over to the desk and spitting out some bits that gathered into the shape of a bat.

"You face the ruler of the nut house. Bring me your baked goods of mango, banana, or rusty nails. Brownie points for a glaze of under-the-fridge-dust or oven coal, yum."

@Blitz Boom

When she was reminded of what she was the queen of, held up a pill bottle full of gummy bears and threw it at the head of a random pony.

"Oh, right! I diagnose all of you with stupid! The only cure is to be less stupid. Remember to get vaccinated for stupid disease!"

"Wait, she doesn't own m-"

"Yes I do."

"Fair enough."

The guy at the counter looked at Anomaly.

"We're all out of mangos."

"Mangos are stupid anyway. Ever had anything mango flavored? It tastes like mangos and I hate the taste of mangos!"

@Blitz Boom

"We'd love to hear more about the town." Sun Fire said. "We were thinking about exploring later to get a better feel for the layout, so anything you want to say would be great. It's not as overwhelming as Manehattan was when we first moved there, but it's hard going to a new place."

Zephyr nodded. "Especially the best places to eat. I performed at my close friend's restaurant regularly back in Manehattan, but I could never tell him I didn't like his food very much." He said, chuckling slightly.

@Moonlit@Blitz Boom

Nada started by replying to Serenade "Thank you for your hospitality, I'll be staying in the river until I get my own place." she then turned towards Cherish "And to answer your question, it was writing, the tools ponies use aren't really fitting for my size, and I never really had a reason to learn it in the first place..." she then remembered something and turned back towards Serenade "Speaking of questions, Luna said you would know about the ways to stop us sirens from using magic, so what are they?"

@Blitz Boom
"It seems that you have misjudged me my dear birdy." Ruby simply stated as she opened the box after she had muttered at it again "I do not wish anyone to beg for their life, as such thing is meaningless, words and actions mean nothing, as I can sense what one really feels, and I assure you, everyone fears when they are face to face with greater being, some just hide it better than others, but I can see through a such facade, I can feel the muscles tensing, I smell the fear." "And what comes to messing with you, I don't care for getting reactions out of you, I may enjoy having little back and forth verbally, but meaningless messing around is just...well, meaningless, and like you, I prefer to keep our relationship intact for now." she didn't comment on the steak comment, instead she just bit into her meat ripping a piece of it off as a reply, because even though pony teeth weren't made for such diet, they did their job well enough with small pieces like those she had.

@Catpone Cerberus @Blitz Boom "It doesn't stop our magic wholesale, but rather inhibits the mind-controlling aspects. We can still sing and use our magic to feed...somewhat" She puts hoof to her forehead, "The Unicorn at Canterlot tried explaining but he used alot of big magical words. Simply put" Serenade walks over to her end table, and moves a lamp clockwise. A blue crystal softly glows. "As long as one of these is nearby it seems to conteract the negative aspects of our songs, BUT....it's not foolproof"

@Blitz Boom

"Filigree has done more than enough damage and after hearing about how he was used as a pawn, I hope this trial will give him some measure of closure. I just hope he'll be fine before the trial happens; I know he'd want to be there to see this through. You mentioned him being being used to further her work and that his father was also part of it... that really must have involved thinking several steps ahead. I don't know whether I should be impressed by that or disgusted."

It made sense and the pieces were falling into place. The information Lin learned corroborated with Rosa's accounts of his shady past, how it connects to his father, and their situation prior to them meeting. Even confirmed a brother, though his name may still be coincidentally Stargazer. That one might prove itself true in time, but the image this information paints is becoming clear and the details more vivid. Rosa will be relieved to know this trial is happening and he may get his answers sooner. 

"Maybe I should go and see if Brick needs help. Though the place I left the statue at is pretty much deserted; nothing lives or thrives there after all. Hmm... I do have one more question. Those documents might interest Rosa. If it is alright, could he get them once the trial is over?"

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"I can't help but feel she should've let Ponyville know she's changed... I shouldn't hold her back from her obligations but maybe at the very least let Twilight know she was around and doing well. And if you like, we can go to Twilight and ask her about alicorns. She knows more about them than most but it might not be much. Little is known about them and besides Celestia and Luna who control the sun and moon, there are very few others like them. Twilight, Princess Cadance, and her baby, Flurry Heart, are the only other known alicorns. Even the magic they specialize in can be considered vague."

Angel climbed up to Fluttershy and whispered something into her ear. Though it wasn't really anything important, it was enough to get the pegasus to listen and let out the occasional "Oh" and "Mm Hmm." Some time was spent meeting with Cassie that the bunny had to remind Fluttershy she still had to tour Lyriel in and around town. 

"Right, Angel, I guess there's that. You sure you can make it back home on your own?"

The bunny nodded though it wasn't impressed at his owner for thinking he couldn't manage on his own. Without further delays or squeaking, Angel ran off and made his way to their cottage. Likely for some important business or whatnot, Fluttershy let him be. 

"Angel said he has to attend to something back home. I suppose we should head back into town, too. You mentioned you've stayed in the Everfree Forest, right? I could show you some places where my friends live. If there is a problem and I'm not around to help, you could go to them. There's Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, though maybe it might not be such a good idea to go to Rainbow. She lives on a cloud and unless you're a pegasus, you'll fall right off. If you don't mind me asking, where do you plan to settle in specifically?"

Edited by EQ_Theta

@EQ_Theta

On 1/28/2019 at 12:07 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"Filigree has done more than enough damage and after hearing about how he was used as a pawn, I hope this trial will give him some measure of closure. I just hope he'll be fine before the trial happens; I know he'd want to be there to see this through. You mentioned him being being used to further her work and that his father was also part of it... that really must have involved thinking several steps ahead. I don't know whether I should be impressed by that or disgusted."

"Can one not be both dear? Her plans were impressive, as despicable as her methods at times were, and did require some long term planning. From what I can tell however, the guard were more of an unforeseen situation that she dealt with in the way she knew best: By running away from it. Considering what else she might have done with the foal, one can wonder if it were instead a rare show of compassion, to leave it in the care of others, rather than use him as another pawn. The odds are not favorable for that, but I do like to speculate on several sides to what I am presented with. Dreadfully limiting to keep a narrow look on everything, rather than attempting to see if there are other angles.

Ah, but it matters little I suppose. For me in any case. The brothers may hold several questions, though I doubt they will have much luck getting straight answers from a talented, yet misguided manipulator."

"Maybe I should go and see if Brick needs help. Though the place I left the statue at is pretty much deserted; nothing lives or thrives there after all. Hmm... I do have one more question. Those documents might interest Rosa. If it is alright, could he get them once the trial is over?"

Brick wouldn't react to being approached by Lin, who seemingly wanted to help him as Scarcity kept on talking, and instead went on with his job of tying the rope around. Once she got there, it would be fully around, he'd pull out a runed iron plate with a ruby in, and placed it where the rope met one another. Twisting it to the side, a small shock seemed to go through the rope though nothing else really happened.

Grabbing hold of the end of the rope with his muzzle, Brick turned around, ready to drag it, and met Lin's eyes with his own. He were analyzing her, trying to gain what information out from her movements and posture as he could, yet ultimately just grunted and started to drag the thing away. Which he managed to do well, considering that the statue were dragged along as if it were made of hollow plastic. It barely even made an impression on the ground as it were taken towards the portal. Within, Lin would find Scarcity, who were looking around on the gathered unformed ones, and seemingly speaking in a low tone to Omen. Lin should manage to catch the last snippets of their talk if she wandered within Omen's *hearing radius*, but she may be more focused on other things, or might simply not bother about it.

(if she wandered closer)

"- is it then? Fascinating."

"Mother says so. She doesn't lie."

"I'm certain you're speaking the truth as you know it dearie. I just wanted to make sure."

==========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"I can't help but feel she should've let Ponyville know she's changed... I shouldn't hold her back from her obligations but maybe at the very least let Twilight know she was around and doing well. And if you like, we can go to Twilight and ask her about alicorns. She knows more about them than most but it might not be much. Little is known about them and besides Celestia and Luna who control the sun and moon, there are very few others like them. Twilight, Princess Cadance, and her baby, Flurry Heart, are the only other known alicorns. Even the magic they specialize in can be considered vague."

"Forgiveness takes time, Fluttershy. I'm certain that she will try and put her faith in them, when she believes they are ready to give her another chance.

As for the alicorns, it sounds so strange to hear, that so few exist. As if they are an endangered species, yet with the power to control the heavens above. I would very much like to one day hear them speak of their situation, and if they truly are facing extinction, I pray even more that Twilight will have many bountiful years ahead of her."

Of course, if these creatures had the potential powers of deities, how good would it be if they were widespread? Lyriel did not support extinctions, yet culling of certain species were a dark, yet regrettably necessary part of keeping nature thriving at times. She would not try to herself regardless of what would come of this of course, but... She may be inclined to turn her back if she heard of some who planned to do so. The fact that they lived for as long as they did could also be a huge problem, depending on how often they might be able to spawn, though as had been seen with the dragons, it were still possible to keep a balance. They too lived for potentially thousands of years, but they were susceptible to diseases, physical harm and so forth, just like any regular mortal.

Still, this would hopefully never be something she needed to be faced with, and there would be a sense of balance in the alicorn population as times went by. Who could even tell if all were as powerful as the two who changed the heavens either? Many were the variables, and she barely knew anything. Truly, there should be no reason to take the sorrows in advance over something like this.

Instead, Lyriel observed how Angel and Fluttershy seemed to have a small conversation between themselves about something. At first she believed this to be about the recently departed Kelpie, yet as it turned out, it would instead show to be something about their home, where he needed to return to for some reason. Whatever it may be, he seemed to not wish to speak of it, as he left shortly after, and Fluttershy began making plans for what to do now. Friends were mentioned - one of which Lyriel met with yesterday - and then came a question that surprised her, as she had thought Fluttershy knew where she were making her home by now. Then again, perhaps she meant the exact location? It might well be, in case she needed to find the dryad for some reason.

"I have met Applejack yesterday, upon her fields of apples. She is a delightful pony, and her trees feel as if they are taken care of as best as one could. She also showed me the tree of her parents, and a spot of highly fertile soil where I might change from my previous form, and to this equine one. The form are one I still wonder if I should keep, yet the tree she showed me... It was clear to me how much her parents meant to her, and I feel saddened that she had to lose them at such an early age. It is not easy to lose family...

*sigh* But she seemed able to hold her head high regardless, and I hope it will remain as such. The other friends you spoke of I have not met or heard off, though I can tell you that I am not able to visit the one who lives int he clouds. I tried being lifted from the ground yesterday, and found that not having connection to the earth, caused me quite a bit of pain. I would prefer not to go through that again."

It were the same she had felt in the desert. No connection beneath her to the Earth Mother, and the pain it brought her were indescribable. She wondered if perhaps this pain had been introduced to her corrupted brethren by now... Yet that were another part of the punishment their heresy regrettably might have brought upon them. Even insane as they now were, she hoped that they did not feel anything near what she had, when fertile ground had been taken from beneath her feet.

"And I'm afraid I can't tell you where exactly in the forest I reside. It is under my protection and guidance, yet I too need a place of privacy, where I will not be disturbed, or potentially harmed. If it is because you may need to find me, you can simply ask the animals, and they will help you in what ways they think best.

Know that I do trust you Fluttershy, and I have no fear that you would seek to harm me, yet I have to uphold a certain place wherein I can be at peace, and feel comfortable. Somewhere that only those under my guidance can find, as the Earthen Mother wills it."

A smile were on her lips as she said this, and hoped that Fluttershy might understand what limitations there were, whilst also finding a loop hole. Lyriel were not allowed to divulge the location of her innermost sanctum, yet the animals needed to know, and as Fluttershy could speak with them, they could guide her to where Lyriel resided if it were important. It were not against the rules for someone to find her, and though there were the chance of someone coming to cause her harm as she slept or prayed, Fluttershy seemed to carry no such evil within her. Not from what she had seen, and not by the testimony of the animals that spoke of her in the forest. Whatever darkness they mentioned, seemed more towards small spouts of being mean a few times, and going against enemies of the forest. Nothing that would make Lyriel think the pony would set fire to an unfocused dryad.

=============================================================================================================

"Even if it isn't perfect, any sort of help will be better than nothing, right? Perhaps... Try putting it on, then try on me? I don't know if it will work on a ghost, but I want to help."

Sure it were an expression to make enough noise to wake the dead, but how much could music really interact with them? Cherish had felt joy flutter in her heart the few times somepony had come around and played on the large organ in the big castle, and she tended to dance along somewhere close by, yet hidden from view. But music based magic, like a siren's song? There were only really one way to know for sure actually, and while it terrified her, and made her physically squirm, she had to open her muzzle and add something to what she had said.

"Actually, uhm... P-Perhaps try it before the crystal gets involved? Just so we know if it works first. It might be important for all of us anyway, in case s-something happens."

from the siren's starting to sing out of anger and causing trouble, to Cherish having a major meltdown and going full blown, several-blocks-radius screaming poltergeist on them, there were several secondary reasons as to why it might be important to find out if siren song worked on spirits like herself. Could end up saving all of them a massive headache in the long run.

As for the matter of where to place herself, since Nada were not here... She would cover that eventually, though for now, they should discuss siren song, suppression of the magic therein, and that sort of thing. Had to be some focus on the important things.

========================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I humbly apologize in my assumptions then, and consider myself thoroughly corrected."

Marley referred to the part about what Ruby might wish to see in her opposition mostly, butt here were a few other assumptions that were potentially wrongful here. Surely he could have simply brushed it off, but occasionally, it were important to admit that you were wrong, and show acceptance of the fact. Besides, they were having a lovely dinner here, and there were no need for his arrogance ruining everything. Some things certainly, yet this wouldn't be part of it.

Opening his own packet of fish, he grabbed hold of the fresh catch, and tore a good chunk of the head off with his talons, before packing the rest down again and slowly beginning feasting on this top part of the fish. To some disgusting, but found it a great way to start the meal honestly, depending on the fish. Some were certainly too disgusting to taste the heads of, unless it were prepared by a good chef.

"I must say, it is refreshing to meet one of the less... Shall we say *predictable* kinds of dragons. Most of them can be far too easy to predict what will do, and what makes them tick, yet I find you showing a side at every turn that reveals new details I had not seen at first. Few are the dragons I know of that breaks the norm, and even then, certain aspects tends to be a given. How fascinating it will be if we run into other dragons at the auction, whom might prove more directly what it is that I mean, though I have gotten the feeling that you do not care much for the variety that mostly resides in Equestria."

@Zephyr / Karou

"Ponyville have several places to eat, depending on your want.

One place I regrettably know only the location of, but not the name. They serve fried food such as hayburgers and things of that nature. I am not a particular big fan of that personally I must say, but I know that some enjoys this kind on occasion.

Then there is the most popular place to quench your hunger from what I have observed, and that is Sugarcube Corner. A bakery, with a small area for patrons to feast on their purchases, and ordering some coffee if needed. The store have a delightfully peaceful atmosphere to it, fair prices, and the food is rather tasty. It is not main meal material perhaps, yet it does have a high number of ponies going there on a daily basis that might prove me wrong in my assumption.

Another place is a diner called Sloppy Joe's. A hearty establishment with a focus on coffee and tea of many various kinds, and regular meals such as curry, soup or stews. It is a lovely place in my opinion, though the staff can take a bit of time getting used to, if one is somewhat peckish about what kinds of behavior they allow. Nothing violent of course, heavens no, but more that they have rather.... Colorful personalities, of varied charms. I'm afraid that the silent server whom they had wandering around were concerning poor Brittle, yet no harsh comment or action were taken, so again, I scratch it up to more peculiar behavior.

I believe the final place I have seen is an inn/restaurant called Bubble Tea Lodge, or something of that nature. It offers rooms for tourists, and evening meals, along with entertainment in the way of music and performance. I admit to have taken a liking to some performances there, even if I have not been able to see what went on, as the atmosphere is truly charming.

Those are the ones I know off, yet there may be others that I have simply not taken notice of. Though my nose is strong, a town have many smells, and some come from private areas, where I will not risk wandering in and embarrassing myself, so things may well have been missed among that, as well as my time taking care of Brittle. It is not always she is in a position where she feels capable in coming to town.

Regardless, if you want my personal recommendation, I would advise frequently visiting the bakery and the diner. The available things one can get are good, and it will introduce you to the townsfolks easier. Of course, the market is also a good place for that, but I believe they aren't open until tomorrow, when the last debris have been moved away."

=========================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Hey, mangoes are awesome. Apples are way worse than that."

Sure she'd eat it, but if given the choice, Anomaly would pick mango over apple for sure. Apple were just too plentiful, and usually pretty boring. Now mangoes, there were something special, and it were really juicy if you had some good cooks or a fresh one just dangling in front of your face. Just imagining the juices dripping from it were nearly making her drool, though as the baker had said, they were up a brown creek without certain boat essentials.

"Well if you don't have mangoes, what about banana then? Uuuh, banana/chocolate muffins perhaps? Those are awesome. Just like mangoes is, you heathen!"

She said the last thing to Novia, risen up on the table in all her limbless, snakey glory, and pulling her tongue at the native draconequus.

@Blitz Boom

"We ran out of that too. We have a new product. It's a cupcake springled with shredded silver."

"As the queen of medicine, I hereby sentence you to five minutes in timeout! The sign on the door says allergy free!"

Novia created a glass box around the bakery pony.

"Yeah! You sit there and think about what you did!"

"Also, an apple could beat a mango in a fight."

@Blitz Boom

"Sounds good. I'll have to check out those places, especially Bubble Tea Lodge. Maybe they'll let me perform there..." Zephyr said, excited at the chance for a new place to perform at regularly. It might help out his own business, too.

"The diner sounds great. I much prefer home-cooked meals, but I'd love to get to know the ponies around here more. Everypony here seems so nice. The neighborhood we grew up in was pretty small, so we knew nearly every pony around us. It'd be great to have something like that again." Sun Fire said, fondly remembering her early childhood. "Is there anything else you have to say? You seem like you know a lot, even though you've only been here for a short time."

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit
"It doesn't need to be foolproof, and though I appreciate the offer there's nothing to test." Nada said, replying to both Serenade and Cherish on the same sentence "Because there isn't anything to inhibit, I have lost my ability to use mind-control and to feed negativity long time ago" "It would be mostly for the possible listeners of my songs, as some may be uncomfortable listening siren's song without having something that assures them that they aren't mind-controlled." "And thing blocking that magic could be that assurance."

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't reply to Marley's apologize, but it wasn't because of some personal reason, no, it was only because she happened to have mouth full of meat at the moment.
She replied to his later comment by speaking between taking new bites from the piece of meat "You are feeling correctly, I do not care for the local kind of dragons, you could even say I despise them." "It's really unfortunate that both kinds are known as dragons, as it taints my kind's name." "And what you call breaking the norm is just me acting like my kind does, except for few details of course." "It just appears new to you because you have gotten used to the local kind, and though we are called the same, we are different species." she exhaled "But I do agree on the predictability, though the local dragons aren't the only predictable ones, your kind and ponies are the same thing. Every creature is."

@Blitz Boom

If only there was a way to get anything straight out of Filigree's mouth during the trial... Knowing her, she'll try to trip everyone up with emotional outbursts, maybe make their claims less than useful when the time is opportune to present evidence. Lin wasn't there when her father stood trial, a sham of a trial more like. If only she would've found her way home sooner, things might have turned out differently. Then again, she was told to run and to not look back. Some terrible implications this might be but this trial she'll sit through and learn about it, believe justice is a concept ponies stand with. 

It wouldn't be of much use to think about this too much. She walked over to Brick and began trying to push the statue. Well, the operative word being trying. Although she could muster up the strength to maybe nudge the statue a bit, her current predicament said otherwise, leaving her more tired than she already is. That and slipping on the wet ground left her wondering why she bothered. Perhaps it wasn't wise to waste her effort on this for now, with her wandering over to Omen and Scarcity, letting them finish their discussion before joining in on the conversation. As curious as she is about the topic, she'd prefer to wait until later to ask Omen about it. Didn't want to come off insensitive or rude. 

"Is there anything anything else for us to attend to, Scarcity?"

@Blitz Boom

"I... I heard. Maybe that's why Pinkie says Applejack cries on the inside. She's stronger than us in more ways than one, I guess. And I understand your concern about your privacy and I respect that. You've a right to that."

Though Fluttershy continued to listen to Lyriel on the way back to town, it was worth pondering about how little of her friends she actually knows about. Besides Rainbow Dash, whom she grew up with back on Cloudsdale, she really doesn't know as much about the rest of her friends. Pinkie is a baker and grew up on a rock farm, Twilight is Celestia's student, and Rarity has a more upper class demeanor compared to the rest of her family. Well, that's the impression she got from her anyway. Still, there is humility and generosity in her, a standout feature that sets her apart from the nobility in Canterlot. 

"There's no need to push yourself to go and see Rainbow if getting off the ground is taxing. She could hear you just fine if you call out to her since her cloud isn't floating too far above ground. Rarity's place is a boutique where she works when she doesn't need to go out of town. She's got shops from out of town and is occasionally called away by her work. Oh, there it is now!"

Right on cue, the very sight of a carousel rooftop wound up attracting the pegasus' attention, though nobody seems to be at home for now. Rarity might be out of town or at the spa, both of which Fluttershy wouldn't guess. As much as she enjoyed their spa dates back then, being a busybody in the fashion industry meant her friend needed to be away to meet other up and coming designers or attending fashion shows. If she were here, Rarity wouldn't dare hesitate to drag both Fluttershy and Lyriel into the spa and give them an extravagant treatment. Not that the pegasus would mind but a dryad might have a different idea of relaxing. A little further away and they would reach Sugarcube Corner. Business is a little slow today but the Cakes will always welcome more sales opportunities.

"Hello Fluttershy! Good to see you. Who's your friend?"

"Her name's Lyriel and I'm showing her around town."

"A new visitor? Always delightful to welcome guests! What would you like, Lyriel? We've got cupcakes, doughnuts, pies. I highly recommend the strawberry cinnamon cupcakes. Pinkie was convinced to let up on the cilantro on that one and it's been a popular new addition to the menu! Well, after my husband decided to move the unconventional ingredients elsewhere, that is."

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk released the breath he'd been holding when he arrived to the next destination.  Not that holding one's breath when traveling instantly between destinations was all that difficult.  The detective finding himself in another popular area and a matching flower to the previous.  This time the main hub for the city's taxi services.  Another good spot to scatter infected pollen among ponies as the carriage pullers infected their patrons and carried them to other parts of the city.  Taking a moment to drink in his surroundings for anything out of the ordinary, magic wise anyways, and minus the flower.  It didn't matter how thin and loose the Master made his connection to his work, he couldn't hide it from the detective's sense.  Spider web thin threads of magic swimming in the air between all the spell works of the flower and spores.  He wouldn't be able to follow them back to the caster though with how much they blended into the background.  Normally threads like these disappeared into the aether, but that required time and power.  Something that seemed lacking from the rapid deployment of this work.

Turning his attention to the flower, he cast his magic to begin the process of turning the flower's curse just like the first.  Unraveling the spell work just enough for him to sow it back up into a spell with a different purpose.  Casting new spores into the air with the mission of rewriting the previous spores for a new purpose, and with a fun surprise for the one attacking the city.  The spell around the flower though had a little extra something than the first, and it was fresh, as in not originally cast on the flower.  The signature of the spell left the detective with no doubt on who wanted to chat.  Rising Dusk knew the weave, commonly seen on enchanted mirrors when ponies wanted to communicate over long distances.  Not so commonly used among the populace as it was impossible to keep secure and prevent other's from just dropping in.  Using his magic to turn the weave, he established the connection between the two.  Removing the pocket watch from his hoodie pouch to dial in the next location, "I don't suppose I could kindly ask you to surrender?" he inquired through thought, never hurt to try.  Holding his breath as he teleported to the next location while hanging onto the communication spell to drag it with him.

Across town, the O.M.I. found itself under attack from a suddenly appearing wicker bear.  Or the wicker bear found itself under attack from the O.M.I., it was hard to tell really.  With the alert status Rising Dusk had put the agency on, the two remaining agents inside had put the building on lock down.  Along with magical protections, the building had its fair share of physical ones as well.  However, they couldn't do things the normal way, that would be too easy.  Instead of the front door presenting to be some sort of solid barrier, it was soft and elastic.  One of the wards the door contained had turned the solid wood into very elastic rubber.  While the wicker bear had managed to barrel into the door and stretch it a good ten hoofs in or so, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The rubber door took the stored energy of the wicker bear's force to fling it back with an equal amount of energy.

Bash was just across the street in time to see a wicker bear appear out of nowhere and try to rush inside the O.M.I.  He doubted very much the creature was trying to open a case with the agency.  "Oi!  Stop that!", he shouted at the wicker bear that'd just been flung back from the rubber door.  Mostly to get its attention and keep it from turning on any of the other ponies passing by.  The large ivory earth pony had two large saddle bags on either side of him as he came bounding across the street toward the wicker bear.  Turning his head to stuff his snout into his right saddle bad and removing a seed between his teeth, which he crunched down on.

@EQ_Theta

"I'd say that you have performed your duties admirably as is, and I have no further tasks for you. Just give me but a moment..."

Scarcity scratched her chin and looked on as a few more unformed ones rose in bubbly shapes near her, trying to gain her attention. This close, Lin should be able to also hear their words of pleading in some rather broken equine. Being here for as long as she had after her master vanished, Omen had talked about how things had been in her chaotic world with her siblings, and like with many others tongues spoken before this, the language were eventually something they understood and took to them, though in a limited scope. It were essential that they learned something in case other denizens of worlds other siblings had been to came around, so that they could plead better at gaining a new master, though it tended to need some degree of influx to really get to them. Omen were the only one from the equine world, and her stories were generally millennia old. It got hard to keep on to it for the unformed ones after that long.

"Chose wisely, and treat them kindly."

Mother's voice swam through the air suddenly, and gently flowed past their ears.

"Worry not darling, I keep my word."

The disembodied voice were interesting to Scarcity, but from what Omen had briefly said whilst Lin were away, this were a common thing to do, as this *Mother* did not want to show herself for many beings. A curious creature, but Scarcity could certainly understand the need for secrecy and distancing. You never knew who might come around with ill intent after all.

In her case however, she cared not to damage anything here, and in fact, as Brick passed them with the somehow lighter statue in tow, she bowed down and picked up a glob that stared blankly at her with three curious, excited eyes.

Without much more warning, magic started to flow from her horn and plunge deep into the ooze, as if stabbing it. It looked as if this might be painful too, as the unformed sibling started to twist and turn as the magic began to restructure it, yet the eyes didn't seem to signal anything of the sort, as even they got wobbly and twisted into smaller shapes, and sliding into sockets of a gooey skull, that quickly got covered with skin and soft fur.

Small arms followed, with five fingered hands at the end, bending as the sibling tried out its new limbs, with feet soon following, that flailed in the air without finding anything to sit on, as it were still being held in the air by Scarcity.

The process would look like a twisted version of forming clay, just without the use of any physical contact (other than the two hooves on either side of it) and in the end, the magnificent creature would stand proud.

Or rather, the tree eyed black squirrel mimic with the grey streaks of hair in it's bushy tail would stand relatively tall. Besides the third eyes, slit and horizontal on the forehead, it seemed to be just an exotic critter of some kind, which Scarcity rather preferred. Easier to deal with one who could sit on your back if needed, didn't take up much space, and she would admit a certain love for these mimics as they were called these days, though not many were seen among ponies for the past few centuries. Of course there were the swamp where they resided, along those ghastly things that tried to lure travelers away from the path, but not many knew of their presence there. Few were also those who knew that the swamp were designated a sanctuary for an endangered species, and only Scarcity herself, along with a few of her most trusted money launderers, were aware that she had sponsored the act to make it designated as such, to prevent it from being torn to the ground. Of course she had to also ensure that there were other paths to take instead, but it were being worked on, and it should be possible to completely ignore the swamp in a few years.

Why she had done so? She liked the animals and their deceptive ways, intelligence, and so forth, and believed it a pity if they actually did go extinct, so she had just ensured they had a safe haven to grow in. Plus they were rather cute, so when having to pick a form for one of these Ki'Nathar creatures, it seemed fitting to her to pick her most favorite critter of all.

"Simply adorable. I shall call you... Hammond. That holds a nice ring to it."

The little creature just looked at her, taking in everything he could, before she floated him to her back, and he began to slowly move around. Like a kitten that had just opened its eyes, and wandered unsteadily around to take it all in.

Scarcity in the meantime, turned to Lin and Omen, and gestured towards the gate part leading to her shop, were Brick had gotten fully through and were likely about to get the statue into the room it were designated for.

"You needn't worry for him, I am quite capable of providing protection, care and education for him, so that he may grow up and be more than he seems. I am not a cruel mistress to those on my side after all."

It would be evident for the others - even Omen - that this process had been tiring for Scarcity, even if she tried to hit it. The energy seemed mostly drained out of her, and her posture and eyes spoke of a need for rest, though if Hammond would allow so were hard to say. Not sleeping and being curious about everything, he might end up having to be taken around by Brick, which weren't gonna help him formulate words. Some pretty good grunts perhaps though, but the future would determine what would happen here.

"Now then, follow me to my office, and I shall give you the information you seek, along with a copy of what I found on Filigree. The originals have been handed over to the lawyers yesterday, so you don't need to think of how that fits into the legal process. Convenient, no?"

Unless Lin attempted to stop her, Scarcity would be on her way out of the gate leading to her store, and would take lead down the hallway that would take them to her office. Hammond sat in silence on her back, soaking up everything he saw, and twisting around himself constantly to try and see everything he could in this strange world of solid mass and colors.

It reminded Omen of herself, though she hadn't stopped talking before her master had stopped her from speaking for a while so that he could get some head rest. Her new sibling seemed to be waiting to talk instead. Strange, but she had known siblings like that before, so it wasn't unheard of. Usually just meant it would be a constant flood when he eventually would speak.

@EQ_Theta

Lyriel merely listened as Fluttershy explained things about two of her friends whilst they were moving through town. Rainbow it seemed had her home somewhat near to the ground, so contact were possible, even without losing touch with the ground, and as for Rarity, it seemed to be more of a matter of timing. Poor thing must get exhausted for being as busy as Fluttershy made it sound like, yet if she enjoyed her life, it were likely not as bad as it might seem. She hoped that the mare took good care of herself out there though, and attempted to avoid danger. Fluttershy were a kind soul, and shouldn't be told that one close to her were suddenly gone. It might break her gentle spirit.

What Rarity did made Lyriel somewhat curious though. Not all ponies she had seen wore clothes, and she had followed troop there, but certainly were a few with some accessories, or full on dresses, which were a strange thing to try and think about in her opinion. The best way she could think on it were that the clothes were not for necessity or warmth - at least not in this weather - but more like accessories to attract potential mates, and compete among other males or females. The ones who wore no clothes didn't think they had to, whilst others with that, jewelry, or assorted other things, were *parading their feathers* so to speak, and trying to assert dominance, and interest from partners.

This were likely very wrong, but a talk with this Rarity at some point may well clear that up, rather than leave Lyriel thinking that ponies were more or less peacocks.

Eventually they'd reach a place where Fluttershy believed they should enter, which Lyriel had heard of the day before. The bakery were a talking point for many, and kind were the words that spilled from their lips about this place. It would be interesting. The staff certainly seemed friendly, as the one behind the small desk greeted them as they entered.

On 1/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"A new visitor? Always delightful to welcome guests! What would you like, Lyriel? We've got cupcakes, doughnuts, pies. I highly recommend the strawberry cinnamon cupcakes. Pinkie was convinced to let up on the cilantro on that one and it's been a popular new addition to the menu! Well, after my husband decided to move the unconventional ingredients elsewhere, that is."

"Blessings upon your house, friend of Fluttershy."

The dryad bowed to the mare.

"I know not what any of the things you speak of are, but I hear this place carries many things of great sweetness, yes? I wonder if you have something akin to what is found in flower nectar, if it is okay to ask?"

Lyriel wasn't a hummingbird or anything, but nectar were the thing she had access to for a treat back in the valley, and the only thing she really knew of that were sweet and delicious to her. However, it were also incredibly sugary, instead of the more *moderate* amount found in regular kinds of baked goods. It were going to have to be something more or less filled with an unbearable amount of sugar to satisfy what she were looking for, or just a glass of sugar water with a flower stirred in the cup.

It might be worth knowing also that as she had never been in a real town before, and not among ponies for long, Lyriel had no idea of the concept of money, and no gold on her, as metal held no real value for her in the forest. They'd likely find out about this soon, if Mrs. Cake managed to actually find something for Lyriel.

@Zephyr / Karou

"I would see no issue in you performing there. I have heard varied voices perform there many a time, so I'm certain they are not closing their doors for talented individuals such as yourself. They may simply ask to hear something first, just to make certain, though you should not take my word alone for it, as I cannot say with certainty that I am correct."

Briar enjoyed this conversation quite a lot. Not only because the ponies were friendly and accepting, but also because it gave him a chance to help out, and he liked to be of assistance to others, provided that it didn't end up hurting somepony, or included remarks towards the changeling who were still covering behind him, though he could feel that she were listening intensely to what the two ponies were saying. It was a shame that she were so scared, but perhaps if curiosity like this could be cultivated, he could help her get out of her slump within a few years, and instill her with the confidence needed to embrace the world in all it's beauty and hidden darkness.

"And while it is true that I have only been here for a few days, I have relied on my ears and curiosity for a long time now, so I have a habit of wandering many times through a town, and soaking in things. Locations, traffic, general things that others are speaking of, and so forth. As I also tend to travel away quickly, being here for far longer means that I have also learned more than usual of this town, by following this habit of mine. Meeting Brittle here again after our first encounter, I have needed to halt my nomadic ways for the time being, as she requires stability, and needs to build her confidence some before I would dare attempting to take her out of a setting she feels less horrified about. The neighborhood is delightful as you say though, so there is not really an issue with it.

In any case, other places of interest in town depends on you. If you are interested in the agricultural aspects, there is a branch of the Apple family living on a large orchard outside of town. For more relaxing activities, there is a spa with a good reputation too. If clothes are your passion, there is a mare called Rarity that owns a boutique with designs that I have heard praises of, and then of course, there is also other things such as the party scene, where you'd need to find the mare Pinkie Pie to understand why they suddenly break out all over town from time to time. She tends to be the cause of the majority of such events.

I have heard talk of an animal sanctuary as well if that is more to your liking, and then there's the newly risen office for the new Night Guard stationed in town, some entrepreneurs that are giving guarded tours of the more dangerous areas of the Everfree Forest, the Ponyville school, and oh heavens above, how could I forget? The castle of course, wherein Princess Twilight resides. She also owns a rather large collection of books, if reading is something you care for? "

=================================================================================================

"Oh, I... I see."

This had just gotten awkward then, when it were revealed that Nada mostly wanted the gem as a reassurance for others, and not to halt her own abilities, as they had apparently vanished. Were it something to do with age? Choice? Isolation making it hard to keep going? There were many questions, but Cherish didn't feel like forcing them down over her right now, and listening to Serenade, perhaps it were best that she didn't poke to the crystal talk as a whole, as it sounded like that siren had the power, and couldn't always keep it controlled. She weren't sure, but it seemed as if that made the siren feel bad, so again, best not to touch on that subject.

"Uhm... If I could bring it back on something else for a moment, please? If Nada is going to the river, could I maybe... Go someplace else with books? I'll stay out of sight, I promise, I just want- No, Need to know of what we've missed."

@Catpone Cerberus

Marley gave off a heart laughter at the notion that everybody were as predictable as the Equestrian dragons tended to be.

"If I were predictable, I would be little more than a hawk with extra limbs and a vocal cord, such as many of my more simplistic kinsmen are. I however, are not stirred into aggression as easily, and can think rationally and tactically in situations were most of them would merely growl and pretend to be tough. You may not believe me, but I know myself to not be as easily to guess what would do as them, just as you think yourself different, even when others may consider you a predictable example of dragonkin.

Ah, but I suppose we could discuss that for years to come, and never fall upon a complete agreement on the subject. Still, I welcome an opposing view, and the challenge of attempting to change it, though i won't do something radically foolish. However, I would present you with a minor story, and then tell me what you think I did in it, to see how predictable I truly am.

Some years back, before I were hired by Spicy, I helped with various courier jobs. One day, I stumbled and broke a small hole in one of the smaller crates inside the larger containers I were moving around, wherein I found a bundle of unhatched dragon eggs laid, along with a note describing that the next batch may be delayed. Can you tell me what you think I did?"

============================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

11 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"I don't suppose I could kindly ask you to surrender?"

"You could, but I think we both know that I'm not going to stop before I get what I want."

His sly voice didn't hide how amused by the mere mention that he were to surrender. A humorous one it seemed, this new adversary of his.

"I am offering you the option however. Though your meddling is proving an inconvenience, it is highly amusing to see how many things you manage to repel. My spores are being altered, which means you know tracking magic to a good degree, and whilst that went on, I sent a little garden nuisance of mine to assault your building, which turned out to be well protected. It just got bounced back into a bundle of carts, and are about to fight who I'm assuming is one of your little friends. An unfair fight normally, but I doubt that he doesn't have something to deal with that."

Looking over that particular fight, he had seen the pony chew down on something, which were likely going to be helping him in the physical fight about to happen. Sadly he hadn't been scared, and the building had not been entered, but really, he hadn't expected this to be easy either. He did however, expect to test the fortifications of the place, and the resolve of those within. So far, they seemed like a resourceful bunch. The pony fighting the wicker bear had even managed well to keep attention on himself too, and not the two injured ponies behind it, whose wagons the wicker bear had crashed into when it were bounced back. It were going to be interesting to see what would happen there, as the bear roared and lounged forward, going for crunching itself a nice, equine based snack.

"Still, I doubt you will listen to verbal threats or offerings of a simple solution. You're too much of a meddling persona for that, though it won't change a thing. In the end, I will get the sisters, though perhaps if you keep up with your countermeasures for the next 10 hours or so, you might be able to save everyone else. The little trick with the spores will do well at least, though pointless as it is. In fact, let me save you the trouble."

The flower resting on a box where Rising had gotten to, withered and died in a span of two seconds, with something within it causing it to happen hidden beneath the rapidly failing layers of the spell cast on it. He might be able to see a glimpse though if he kept watching, of a gem-like green, spinning on its own axle until finally the whole thing fizzled and collapsed.

"Hm, or perhaps not?"

A tiny rift opened behind where the flower stood before, and suddenly, in the blink of an eye, it would be back where it were before, intact and without signs that it had been touched at all. A faint trace of the same gem-like green energy were there, but the small rift that likely lead to the pony responsible, would have vanished without a trace. As if it had never been there.

"Continue your efforts youngster, and keep it going for as long as you can. In ten hours, I will be there, and then we'll see if you have broken, or if you've actually managed to stand your grounds. If you want to admit defeat, or trade the sisters for the lives of others, go ahead and give me a call again. I might be willing to make another deal."

With that, he *hung up*, and went back to what he were working on. Honestly he doubted this would lead to anything, but it were interesting playing with these ponies for now, and it would serve him well in wearing them down in the long run. This adversary of his were a larger issue than he had first anticipated, and he might end up getting trouble himself if he wasn't careful. Still, his plans weren't ruined, and if this kept up, he should still end up comfortably on the right side of this victory. Best not to be as high on himself as he made it seem though. Not with this particular pony.

=========================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Silver? Gross!"

Anomaly slithered up the tank and hissed at the time-out boxed clerk for offering something that vile. Seriously, why ruin a good cake with silver of all things? Ponies couldn't even eat that! The'd get poisoned, if the metal itself didn't end up tearing 'em up bad. What, did they have diamond dogs running through town in this dimension or something? If that wasn't it, then they were just nuts. In the bad way.

"Now you just sit in there and think about what you've done with your creepy, silver cake thingie. And you're totally wrong Novia, a Mango would win every day. Wanna settle it?"

Anomaly wrapped her tail up and snapped the tip against her mouth. From between Novia and her, the floor cracked open, and a pony-sized mango would rise. Nothing special about it, obviously, just a huge mango. Had to be a fair fight here, or it would just come down to whoever first gave their fruit fire breath and laser eyes.