Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Novia summoned a giant apple.

"The apple will win for sure!"

"I think a lemon would beat both your fruits."

Lucid looked over Pringle.

"A strawberry wouldn't stand a chance!"

Lucid summoned a giant lemon.

"Something as yellow as a lemon can't be beaten by any fruit. Well, maybe a banana, but that's because bananas always cheat."

@Blitz Boom

So this was the forming process.... It was unexpected seeing it happen right in front of her but Lin was curious about it. She knew she and Sen wouldn't want to pick one from many of Omen's unformed siblings as the two didn't see themselves as fitting masters of any type. The two aren't exactly fond of being called master either and were satisfied as they currently are. Still, this was an interesting look at what might have transpired when Discord experienced it.

The result of this process came in the form of something familiar, a sight that gave Sen the chills and would have if here were here. The little squirrel-like creature that was both cute and unnerving to this eyes. Wonder what he would've felt if he saw another one of its kind. Perhaps it might be different this time around since it isn't exactly like the mimics from the swamp; it was one of Mother's children and depending on how Scarcity will raise it, it'll turn out different. Though despite looking like a pet, it will still very likely be an individual of its own, thus necessitating the proper respect it should be given. 

Lin followed Scarcity to her office with little to say on the matter. She'd reserve any and all bothersome matters for when they were relevant. For now, it was enough for them to receive the documents that Rosa will love to read about while recovering. 

"This, umm... legal process.... You make it seem like a very complicated thing," Lin scratched her head as she entered the office. "I take it is more complicated than two parties arguing with each other about who is in the right and wrong? Having gritty trappings with wordplay and all? That's what I've heard about though the rumors I heard were over exaggerated."

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"Hmm... nectar. Not exactly what I expected but I'll see what can be done."

Mrs. Cake walked over to the kitchen and while Fluttershy wouldn't be able to see anything from the front desk, she could hear a lot of commotion in the back. Mostly pots and pans falling off the shelves. Then came the scent of a freshly baked batch of confections leaving the oven, the smell of which quickly permeated the air and spread all over the bakery. No doubt Mrs. Cake left at just the right time. Even she was suddenly delighted by that diversion as one can hear her beginning to work on something unique and a little bit more on Pinkie's forte. It wasn't out of the ordinary for her to fulfill strange requests; there was a time she made a cupcake with sapphire gemstones for Spike for his birthday. Usually, that meant someone had to put in an advanced order. Extra sugar in a dessert was somewhere lower on the oddity scale. 

After a bit of time, the mare emerged from the kitchen and with her, a tray with Lyriel's order and a drink. This one appeared to be a simple doughnut with seemingly little else to go with in terms of appearance. Indeed, it look just about as ordinary as a glazed doughnut and nothing else. Even the beverage provided looked unimpressive. 

"Well, here you go! About as close as I could get to a, umm.... nectar-y taste? Oh if only I had Pinkie's creativity... I might be able to do more with it. A glazed doughnut topped with lots and lots of sugar and a glass of sugar water. I suppose you want a regular doughnut, Fluttershy?"

"That'll do. I does mean paying extra for the sugar right?"

"Yeah, and another round of grocery shopping for Mr. Cake as well. That'll be thirty bits."

Fluttershy handed her payment over though with some degree of hesitation, if only because she didn't really know how much Mrs. Cake was charging for special orders on the spot. Probably a little more than her usual but this has been a very interesting day for the bakery in general. In return, Fluttershy received her doughnut, fresh from the oven and smelling as good as ever.

"You two enjoy and come back soon!"

@Blitz Boom

"That sounds great. It's nice to just unwind and play in a relaxed environment like that."

"Princess Twilight lives in Ponyville?" Sun Fire said, startled. She turned to Zephyr. "How did we not learn about that before moving? It seems like an important thing to mention to ponies who are moving here."

Zephyr shrugged. "I'm not sure, but that's actually rather convenient if she's willing to let me borrow some of her books. I've been looking into a few types of magic in my spare time, but I haven't been able to find many resources to help me."

@Blitz Boom

Ah, to finally make contact with this Master that has been causing him a bit of a headache the last couple of days.  An interesting little spell to allow for such ease of communication.  If a bit of a risky move for the Master to seek out such a direct line to the detective that's already proven what he can do to ponies on the other side of spells like this.  The coil of the spell leading from the flower off into the aether to then connect to the other end.  Alright working to trace it back to its origin while keeping himself busy with the main task at hoof.  Should he be flattered to be considered an inconvenience to a villain? Meh.  The detective simply listened to the evil pony monologue and ramble on almost as bad as Molotov.

Rising Dusk wasn't all that surprised when the O.M.I. was threatened by a force he couldn't see, but the description from the Master implied it was a physical force.  And there again were his coworkers referred to as his 'little friends'.  Such a title implied they were smaller than him, but they really weren't.  Rising Dusk wasn't the strongest, most powerful, smartest or most clever pony in the O.M.I.  If the agency was being defended as the Master said, the detective had little worry that it would remain so.  Even if he couldn't see what the other pony could.

Speaking of which, the defense of the O.M.I. was well underway as large earth pony and wicker bear charged at each other.  It probably looked really epic, but it wasn't Bash's style.  He was large and powerful, but he wasn't a fan of going hoof to cuffs.  The seed he chomped on wasn't meant to enhance his physical attributes, actually the only reason he even bit it was to water it a little with his saliva.  Not like he carried around a water pale with him everywhere he went.  When he was close enough to the blindly raging wicker bear, he spit the seed at the wild creature before diving out of it's path.  Now wet and exposed to the air, the little seed bust into a thick of sprouting vines mid flight.  They lashed and wrapped around limps into a tangled mess of binding.  Stronger that steel, they might prove difficult for the wicker bear, but at 600 lbs it might be able to break a few.  If only to discover that once broken, two new veins took it's place.  The more veins that wrapped, the less movement a creature could manage, less movement less trouble.  A nasty little snare from the land of Zebras called Hydra's Snare.

Rising Dusk was getting ready to rewrite the magic of the flower when he bore witness to the Master's impressive control over his creations.  Watching as it withered, but not as interested in that part as much as how the spell weave unraveled to reveal the gem-like green spark spinning around.  The event may have only happened over the span of a second or two, this didn't matter to the detective with the memory recall he had.  It was well hidden in the weave, but now the detective knew it was there.  What was more interesting to him though was the flower's return via a rift.  Perking his eyebrow, he took in the spell work that caused such a thing.  Oh, now this is useful.  This actually gave Rising Dusk a new idea.  Lighting up his horn he went to work rewriting the spell of the flower with his original design like the previous ones, but this time altering even that spell ever so slightly with the new discovering.  Finishing the last strand carefully like a hunter wanting to make sure his trap didn't just suddenly spring on him.

He hardly even noticed the Master cut the link between them, "Good talk," he idly said aloud while removing the pocket watch from his pouch.  Eyeing the newly stitched together spell hanging on the spores that slowly started to spread out from the street he was on.  Dialing in the next location before teleporting off again. 

With the Master's connection to his spells, he may start to notice by now dark magic in areas of the city was starting to thin.

@Blitz Boom

"I'm sure we'll never see what Sapphire can do at full power. Being that she could imprison Warlock in stone, which is typically a thing only the elements of harmony can do."

"For all we know, she used them."

"Well we now know she had an element of disharmony the whole time... Who knows what she could do with it."

Mity shrugged, looking to Chow. "Let's relax though, like Chow said. Others could help with it if they do anything."

================================

"I had learned of a curse, yes." Sapphire said while nodding. "It was a curse to imprison ponies in stone, you'd know who I used it on."

Iron chuckled a bit. "I might have some crystals on hand. If needed we could conjure our own for the rest of the ingredients."

"Possibly? But in that case, how would we get soul magic?"

"By using a soul, and we have two right here. That won't mean sacrificing yourself but it does mean permanently losing a part of yourself..."
He looked down and sighed. "Since only a small fraction is needed, but we wouldn't be able to choose what part."

"This would defeat the purpose of what we're trying to achieve, so we should try something else first."

The General looked to Benny, smiling a bit. "Great to see you again Benny." He said with a smile, before he lifted his hoof for a shake. "Would it be alright if I saw the weapon before, or should I wait?"

@Dji

"It broke and horns don't heal." Zealous trembled as he felt what he had once repressed begin to surface. "I don't, like to think about it."
He said, barely holding a tear back as he squeezed his eyes shut.His eyes opened as he looks to Watts.
"I-" He choked, swallowing his words as he mustered the will to continue speaking. "I-it was-"He paused, sighing. "It was an, accident I got into as a child."

Edited by FanOfManyShows

@Blitz Boom @Catpone Cerberus Serenade smiles, "When I go and visit Ziggy, I'll bring you along and let you off at The Palace of Friendship, I'm sure Princess Sparkle will let you read her massive library." She turns to Nada, "and I'll double my usual grocery order so you'll have something OTHER then emotions to feed off of. I highly recommend the BLT"

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit
Nada could feel the awkwardness in the air after she had pointed out her lack of magic, but she wasn't really sure why Serenade and Cherish seemed to feel so awkward, as she herself didn't see any reason for it. She decided not to continue on the topic though, because she didn't want to make the two more awkward, and she just moved her thoughts to what Serenade said next. "Thank you Serenade, I don't know what BLT is but I promise to try it."

@Blitz Boom
It was Ruby's turn to laugh "How predictable." "Everyone always try to prove how special they are by asking me 'what you think I did' question." she narrowed her eyes "It doesn't work like that youngster." "Predictability doesn't mean that you can guess what someone did in specific situation based on their species or such, or well, for more instinctual creatures you can but that's besides the point." she took a bite of the meat before continuing "Me for example, based on my kind, I'm rather unpredictable, as even the fact that we are talking is quite rare, but that doesn't mean I'm not predictable, as if you were to observe me long enough, there would be patterns, you could start predicting what I would do in certain situations." "That's how hunters hunt and prey escapes, you can catch fish because they are predictable, and some of them survive because your ways of hunting are predictable."

She took an another bite "I don't know you well enough nor do I have enough information about the suggested situation to answer in certainty what you would do, but if you want me to guess, I can tell what based on the little I have seen I would assume you didn't too." "You didn't sell or break the eggs, as you have showed that you respect the concept of eggs, and I doubt that you just left them there, since I know you would know that to be the most obvious answer." "It is possible that you just delivered it where you needed to, since you seem to take your job seriously, but I can see you also taking them to bring them to the mother or someone else capable to taking care of them."

@Catpone Cerberus @Moonlit

"T-Thank you. Hopefully the princess won't mind."

Twilight had seemed nice enough, both at her own castle, and the time that Cherish had seen her wandering around the old castle that she were bound to, but she just wasn't sure how somepony of that stature would react. Scared? Wanting to run experiments? Dismissive of having a ghost in her home, or of anypony to read her books? Serenade seemed to think it would be okay, and she appeared to know the princesses, so hopefully it would be okay. Hard to just ignore worry about something going wrong, or ending up as some sort of lab rat though.

"And BLT sounds like a shortening of some sort... Barley, Lettuce and Thyme, maybe? Sounds like a strange combination."

===============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

It was almost adorable to see Ruby go into her little rant. A sadly predictable thing for dragons to do, as they were immensely prideful beings no matter where they came from it seemed, but it hardly seemed the time to bring that up. Especially as it were far more entertaining for her to speak to him as if he were an unruly student who needed to be taught things step by step before the question were even addressed. Somewhat like one of his teachers back in the day did, though less likely to smack a ruler down into his desk to get his attention. Ruby would just aim for his head if she had been in the same situation.

Eventually Ruby came around to answer the question, and used some good deductions to guess what might have happened, based on what she knew of Marley so far. One couldn't say that she had a head full of air, which were more than he could say about the kind of dragons he mainly dealt with.

"You have touched upon the right answer among your varied guesses. I patched up the crate and went on to deliver it, with the intention of finding out who had ordered these, so that I may present a proper caregiver with a body part that should ease in the trace of whom it were.

As it turned out, I were to deliver it to the eggs father, who were working on smuggling his family into the country. Not always there have been an open border politic with dragons, as unrest have at times caused the need to tighten things up, on the behest of the generals, so they had decided to get these snuck in, then for her to arrive soon after in Manehattan. A singular dragon here and there weren't an issue after all, whereas a full clutch of little ankle biters were another deal at the time. Far as I am aware, they still reside there actually, though it have been years since I went by and checked. Not a place for our usual business you see.

In any case, I merely tried to assess how predictable you considered me with a random tale from my life. I figured it to also be a bit of fun, rather than us sitting in complete silence, and our predictability conversation seemed like a well enough segue into this."

==================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Well, these disharmony thingies are the opposite of the harmony ones. Perhaps there's some overlay between 'em or something that we don't know about? I dunno, but I'm thinking it's possible."

Chow yawned and stretched himself out. *Fun* little talk here, but Misty was quite right on them having to turn away for it for a bit and let somepony else juggle with it. Soon as they got rested and had the chance to tie down Sapphire and Emerald for a good talking to/Interrogation, they'd get to know some stuff like whatever were going on with the curse, stoning, and all that other jazz. Right now though, the whistle were going, which meant they'd have to get ready to get off the train.

"Alright gals, that's out cue. Let's get outta here, and I'll follow ya home before dealing with the tickets. Getting dark outside, so it should be a calm night to stroll away on."

=================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Or we could capture a squirrel and drain its soul of energy like normal ponies? You only need a pony soul for the more gruesome kinds of spells, but all we need is raw soul magic. Doesn't matter where it comes from, and it's just a squirrel. Wouldn't be the first time we've harvested critters for our magic."

Bat wings, frog legs, heart of pigeons, blood of chickens, etc. etc. The list were long of animals that the two of them had gotten through, even though most of them had likely been for Emerald's spells rather than Sapphire, and as such she had been the main one to harvest them. Fitted her fine, as making ingredients ready didn't take much wandering outside, besides checking the traps, and that hadn't been an option for much of her life historically. The soul energy of a critter wouldn't be all that different, and it would work just as well. They just needed more of it, as the raw energy were stronger in a pony. Hence why you could just give up part of your soul instead, like Iron had said, and depending on the spell, you could only use pony souls. This though? They just needed raw energy, it'd be fine.

"With Sapphire's curse spell, and... His crystals, we should be able to get these difficult ones handled, and then we just get some shards of the other elements. I can imagine they're still abundant. Or are they getting rare, and we need to break into some of the elemental coves? Things will get messy then."

=======================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Benny just raised one of his hands to show that he were still bandaged and sore in response to the shake offering, but did give a wave at least. He didn't want to seem rude to the new general after all.

"I uh... Don't know actually. I weren't around the last coronation."

"Tradition requires you to wait to be presented by it at the coronation itself. Keep it in the box until you're presented by the chance to open it."

"Peh, you and your traditions sometimes Screecher. But fine, whatever. We're going in soon it sounds like."

"- and I know that he will not disappoint you either."

"Oooh, sounds like it's show time. Come on hotshot, you gotta be up front and lead the walk in. Just look at the crowd, look like you belong, and if anypony gives you beef, call them an eel-sucker and throw something at 'em."

"You would do best in ignoring that advice."

"Y'know, I'm wondering how many bits it'd cause to get somepony to remove that stick out your flank, Mrs. Buzzkill."

The tone were playful from Tidal's side, but it weren't exactly a secret among the guards that the two of them had their moments, as their ideologies were so widely different. Screecher being more of a traditionalist who focused on the work first and how the Night Guards needed to present themselves at things like this, and Tidal being more of a laid back boss who had literally fought her way to be on top, and had a more carefree attitude towards these sort of formal events. Been Dew's job for a while to make them work efficiently by being the deciding factor between them, if something came to a head between the too strict and too laid back, and as he'd perhaps realized before this, Iron were going to find that being part of his job as well. A potentially tiring endeavor at times, though usually the two other generals got along fine. Just on some points where they ended up butting heads. This here were hardly a taste.

When eventually Iron got out, he'd find Dew stepping aside, letting the new colt on the block get the prime location in front of about a thousand guards mixed together from the three branches. And they were all focused right on him, in complete silence, waiting for what he'd say as his first sentence as a confirmed general.

====================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Another altercation? He scoffed at the minor feeling that confirmed it, and fell down into his chair. The detective could try all he liked to use this link to track him down, but this were a careful pony that made sure to protect himself, and the best that Rising would be able to find out were that it came from Harrowmark's west side. And that is if he were thorough.

Still, this pony were an issue, as the further rewriting confirmed. A clever little trap for the master no doubt, though it could all be undone. He could spend his own energy and time to rapidly alter the flowers back and unravel the spells that had been put upon it, but the nuisance would just go back and do them all over, likely with further alterations, and at an easier energy cost, as he'd be more fluently working on something familiar. It was not worth the time and effort honestly, so he'd consider this to be a lost cause and focus on something else.

A pity really. The mind control spell would have made for a good number of mind-numbed servants to do as he said, and then afterwards follow him back to Harrowmark to be harvested. Guess he couldn't have everything, though his target were still the sisters, and he were getting close. Even with the pollen being rapidly infected and likely also spreading to the other flowers, he had managed to scour a good deal of the city. It gave him less of a search area, so that were worthwhile, though there would still be many places, and the pony may just move them away when the pollen were completely infected. He'd need an extra pair of eyes on this.

Leaving Rising to play with the rest of his flowers, which were set up in simple places around the town like the rest, he turned his focus to the struggle between wicker bear and pony, which had not surprisingly, been won by the pony. Seemed like the equine had somehow managed to get hold of some Hydra's Snare, and this were unlikely to be the only one they had access to. How annoying, as were clearly that the bear were just getting more and more tangled into these things. That hardly seemed fair, did it?

A bit of magic through yet another small rift, carrying the same swirling motion, and the vines would wither away, making room for the wicker bear to roar and charge towards the pony once again, now even more angry at this equine, and close to getting a nice slam on to the thing.

Then a sudden movement caught his eye, as something large came jumping over and pinned the wicker bear down, then incapacitated it by sticking two bladed legs through points on the back and neck that severed vines needed for movement. They'd grow back in time, if the bear weren't burned before that, but this had proven an effective strike by... Was that a spider made of metal, carrying a cage on its back?

This were an interesting and surprising sight for him, as were it when the magic of the cage started to waft through the air for a brief moment before the rift closed. It oozed of magic nullification or something which would repress it at the very least. A powerful version too, that usually took a great mage to conjure up.

His eyes narrowed as he focused on the scene, and with a finally frustrated voice mumbled to himself. "Who Are you ponies?"

If they employed things like that, he were going to need to take extra measures in use, and likely fast, or it would end with them somehow trapping him in that cage. A creation that shouldn't even exist, yet as it clearly did, opened the gate for the question: What else did they have? Because this wasn't just being up to date on some items, this were spearheading techniques into destroying the kind of magic that he  and other dark souls often employed.

=========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Dearest me, to say that it is complicated would be a gross understatement. I could go on for hours about it, but the process can mostly be focused down to there being a jury, two lawyers who are the speak for both the accused and the prosecutor, who attempts to get the accused to prison, and then a judge to proceed over the entire thing. Evidence will be brought forth, mainly by the prosecutor that will use it to try and establish guilt, whilst the defense will attempt to use the same or other evidence to prove innocence, or create enough doubt that it starts to become less important in the big picture, as it won't be able to prove either guilt or innocence.

When all is said and done, the jury will have to vote on whatever or not the defendant are guilty or innocent, and if guilty, the judge will issue a punishment, depending on what the defendant were convicted on, official rules, severity of the case, and so on.

Then comes years of appeals, attempts to get evidence thrown out, parole, and so forth. As said, I could talk of this for hours, but I believe we both have better things to do than that, and I don't wish to overload you with too much information at once. If the court holds an open trial on this matter, you can see it in motion yourself and have a better understanding of it when time comes, a- Ah, Hammond, I'm afraid that isn't food."

Scarcity wandered over to the mimic, who had lifted a pen and were about to put it in his mouth, when he were stopped, and halted movement all together. Scarcity wandered elegantly over and took the pen from his grip, and saw his eyes follow it wherever it went, unsure of what were going on, and yet still, surprisingly quiet. Perhaps he expected to be told, rather than simply ask? Hard to say at this point.

"Here, try this instead dear. Try and take small bites too."

She gave him a small ball of chocolate instead, which he started to sniff, before opening his mouth wide open and then snapping down to take a half inch or so off it, which he'd then start chewing. A behavior that he had to adjust in time, but Scarcity had not thought this would take mere minutes either. Some long term, important education were needed, and she had enough influence and bits to ensure that that would be handled, and with a minimum of snark over teaching what to most would seem like a rodent.

"It will be an educational process to teach him how this world works, but one step at a time is to be considered."

"When Master Discord took me in, I ate a ball of yarn. It tasted funny."

"How... Varied. I'm pleased to see that it didn't harm you."

So now Discord were involved with this too? Urgh, of all the creatures... Seemed she needed to step extra carefully on this matter in the future, or she could end up having that nuisance arrive here and make her life a living Tartarus.

As for Sen, he'd find that he were becoming the talk of the school, and now several kits would come through and try small tricks, though the touching would be less. It were more just making weird things float in front of him, or auditory illusions that sounded like varied larger creatures to see if he'd think he were being attacked. Kit stuff basically, though the unseen guard were starting to get annoyed by having to keep shooing the small ones away constantly. Hopefully the doctors were soon done.

===========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Quite the noise that were going on back there... Were the mare alright? There weren't any screams so Lyriel would think yes, though until Mrs. Cake eventually came forth, the dryad hadn't been certain. Didn't seem to be a scratch on her either, so perhaps the sound had just been things being moved around back there? As good a guess as any really, and perhaps not something for her to dig into.

She looked at what were presented whilst the mare and Fluttershy spoke about the cost. It seemed to be a glass of water and one of these strange, round disks of bread that she saw elsewhere too. Still, perhaps there were more here than met the eyes? She rose the glass and took a sip before putting it back down, around the same time that Fluttershy put the bits down, and afterwards broke a small piece of the doughnut off to slowly chew it down. She weren't spitting it out, as it weren't bad, though she could definitely say that it were unusual. In a good or bad way she couldn't decide just yet. It were sweet after all, but so had the water strange been, and in both cases, it lacked a certain flowery essence to it. Along with some more sweetness, but it seemed close enough, and she didn't like to complain.

Instead, she'd pluck one of the flowers growing on her coat, and put it down into the glass, where it could start to give some of the wished upon flowery taste to it, though she left the doughnut as were. It seemed an experience that were not meant to be changed, and she still had to decide whatever or not it were any good.

Lyriel rose a hoof to the cup and let a thin root grow from it, before poking it into the water and using it to stir the liquid around, to quicker get the taste of t he flower in, along with a little earthy aroma. It may make it more ideal.

"Fluttershy? Those pieces of shiny metal you gave to the pony, is that what you use to trade for goods? I have seen some of the animals play around with varied sizes and shapes of this before, yet thought it were only meant for decorating their nests or caves for potential mates. Is it valuable to your kind too?"

=============================================================================================

@Zephyr / Karou

"Far as I am aware, the princess have quite a substantial amount of books that can be read within the castle. I've never bitten note in reading myself, as being blind prevented that, yet... Heh, I suppose that I may have to change that eventually, once I get used to these new eyes. Surprisingly harder than anticipated, though complaining of that hardly seems like something one should do after being granted such a sizable boon.

But I ramble, my apologies. Princess Twilight's castle is remarkably easy to take notice of outside of town, though if you prefer, I would be more than happy to show you the way? I have a few things about changelings that I would actually like to ask of one with her considerable thirst for knowledge one of these days regardless, so it would be far from an inconvenience. Would it be okay with you, Brittle?"

The changeling met his smiling face with worried eyes, thinking of the many, varied ways that such an event could go wrong, yet at the same time, she Did want to know more, and the princess were apparently not only smart, but knew several good changelings, so perhaps she could help. Even though alicorns were immensely powerful, and therefor, scared her even more than regular ponies did.

After a few seconds, she nodded slowly.

"O-Okay..."

"How delightful. Of course, the final decision does lie on you two. Far be it from me to force you along if you have other things to do, merely for something which can be done in the future as well. It would be rather rude of me to drag you along and prevent you from such duties, or if you prefer to merely enjoy the town at a distance for now, and I'd much prefer to not be that kind of creature. It tends to give the wrong impression when one drags others down the street, you know?"

Briar chuckled a little over the little jest. He had only done such a thing once, and in fairness to him, the guard had yelled for somepony to stop the thief. He merely complied with the request at the time, and after an unfortunate series of event where the spooked guard arrested Briar, they could all look back and laugh at it. Heh, such good memories Equestria gave him sometimes.

=========================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Anomaly would look intensely at the four fruits, ready to battle it out for dominance!

After a little while though, she started to scratch her head and look around on her fellow competitors. That being Lucid, then Novia, and finishing off with a quick glance to her arch nemesis, Pringles the lizard, before returning to the fruits.

"Should we give them like, arms and legs or something? Kinda dull when they're just standing there.

Also, strawberries are weak, and I'll totally laugh when it get squashed."

Yeah yeah, side taunt, whatever. The lizard was her mortal enemy, and she would not pass the chance to give some fighting words towards the scaled little monster. Not like it was worse than anything that came outta his mouth, according to Lucid anyway. Personally she couldn't hear a thing it was yapping off about, but whatever, she'd understand his cries or defeat soon enough, Muahahaha!

...Meh, that kinda lost its edge when it was only in her head, and didn't include a lightning striking in the back. All about atmosphere and an audience with something like that.

@Blitz Boom

"No that would be cheating. They are probably just warming up."

Pringle simply looked at Anomaly. He didn't see her as an arch enemy, he was annoyed by her actions earlier. He didn't really care though.

"Pringle is just annoyed that you were messing with him earlier. Doesn't the arch enemy thing have to be mutual for it to work?"

Lucid looked at the lizard.

"What do you mean you're hungry? You ate crickets earlier today."

Despite what Lucid just said to Pringle, Novia fed the lizard some crickets.

@Blitz Boom

Sun Fire perked up a little. "We'd love to go with you. We actually just finished moving in, so we can go whenever you want." She said. "The sooner we get to know the town and the ponies in it, the better."

Zephyr nodded. "I could definitely use a break. Hammering up shelves gets dull after a while." He moved the saxophone from its shelf to a cubby in the back corner of the room with his other saxophones using his magic. Organization is essential for a comfortable workspace.

@Blitz Boom

"That's.... yeah. Maybe I shouldn't push the matter further. I suppose Omen and I shouldn't be taking up more of your time. We'll be seeing you tomorrow. Central courthouse, 9 am, room 2. I take it the courthouse will be at the center of town right? Just needed to get this out of the way so we'll make it in time and we won't be getting lost."

Lin held on to the copies of the documents for Rosa's perusal and kept them in her own pack. There is a small chest in there usually containing some food but after having to move their rations around, it felt like she was carrying dead weight for the majority of their little adventure out of town. At least now there is a use for it since her pack is still somewhat wet from the rain. Perhaps the only thing that might be off about the documents now is the slight scent of food, but the trip back probably wouldn't be long enough to let the scent stick. Well, unless Rosa is still unconscious. Then they'd have to wait a while longer. 

Before leaving, Lin sat close to Hammond and watched as he ate some of the food Scarcity provided. It really was an undeniable match for the creatures she saw around Sen back at the swamps. She leaned in close and whispered "take care, little one" before opening a gate a few steps away from them both. She nodded to Omen to let her know it is time to go.

"Thank you once more for your help, Scarcity. I hope all goes well for all of us tomorrow."

On Sen's end, a gate opened in his vicinity and it was a sight to behold. For what felt like forever, he was just about to do something he'd very much regret and was at his wit's, and patience's, end. Seeing a familiar sight gave him much needed pause and relief, walking over with Lin first on the other side. 

"Thank goodness you're back! I don't know how much more prodding I could take! How did things go in Canterlot?"

"It's happening tomorrow. We're going to see this trial happen and I've got some things Rosa might be interested in reading. I'll tell more once Rosa is up."

"He isn't up yet," Sen frowned, a little disappointed at the fact but honestly more anxious about letting him hear some good news. It might do him some good to wake up to something positive."

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom

"Oh? Yes these are bits. We use them to pay for goods or services according to what they're worth. Other ponies have much more of them and are usually used to measure wealth. The more of it one has, the more they can afford to buy. You could say they're really important for anypony to get what they want. I can see the appeal of using them to decorate places like nests. Magpies often make off with shiny pieces lying around and they are really attractive. Now that I think about it, bits are attractive to ponies and animals alike, just for different reasons."

Fluttershy took a bite out of her doughnut. Still delectable as the first one she ever tried from Sugarcube Corner. Though without Pinkie around to drop excessive amounts of sugary sprinkles on her treat, it was a perfect way to spend an afternoon with a new friend. She had just about covered the basics of the town and the important landmarks. Okay, maybe not all, but the few she omitted probably weren't too important to begin with. Courthouse, castle, friends' homes and businesses. About the only thing she missed was the market but they're just about ready to close and they are all conveniently found in the town square not too far from the bakery. 

"How are you finding Ponyville so far? And is Nerzhei planning a long stay in town? I could help him find some living accommodations if she needs it."

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Moonlit @Blitz Boom
Nada blinked, Serenade's explanation didn't really explain anything, since she wasn't generally familiar with plant based foods, since back when she was among ponies, she mostly ate fish, but at least she knew that lettuce and tomato were plants, but bacon, she had no idea what that was since it wasn't a thing back in her times. She usually didn't want to interrupt anyone, but this time she decided to try to solve her lack of knowledge before Cherish could reply to Serenade's question "What's bacon?"

@Blitz Boom
Ruby ate while she was listening Marley's explanation, she would have lied if she said she listened intensively, as she didn't really care that much about the story, but something got her attention, but before she asked about it, she wanted to comment on something else. "If you want to know how predictable I think you are, it's simple, just as predictable as I or any other creature in this world." For her their small conversation was less like her teaching Marley, and more like older creature closer to its nature telling younger creature who has forgotten its connection to nature how nature works.

"There's something I'd like to ask though." She started "You mentioned dragon father and a family." "So that got me thinking, do the local dragons really have families? or was this just an exception?" this was something she didn't actually know, as she hadn't really bothered learning everything about the local kind. 

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"Yeah, I'm ready to get off this island. It's fascinating to look at the ruins but it's very creepy," Karmic nodded and hopped up onto Enzo's back with his help. She saw how much room the bag took and settled into place near Enzo's neck.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I'm not familiar with that," Aurora admitted. There was a green glow around her and a griffin stood in her place, now looking to be chest height on Happy. "I am familiar with this form though. We're heading to Ponyville for what again?"

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Some? Some interest!? It holds a great amount of interest for me!" Twilight squealed excitedly and pranced in place for a couple of seconds. She did however, quickly calm down and stared back at Nerzhei. She knew the gravity of the book they were talking about even just from the one page she had seen. "I know this will be of high controversy once the entire book has been translated," the mare took a deep breath and then let it out slowly before adding nervously. "I want this to be accessible to as many ponies as possible but if this really does contain secrets of the Alicorn process, I think it would be best if at least that bit doesn't make it out to the public."

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

Watts narrowed her eyes slightly at Zealous' reaction before quickly surveying around them. "If you want to talk to me about it, to at least get it off of your chest, there's an empty alley over there we can talk in," Watts offered quietly, pointing to the a gap between a couple of buildings to their left.

@Blitz Boom

Bash smacked his lips to work in lessening the taste in his mouth.  Hydra's Snare was not the best tasting seed out there, especially one that a pony didn't want lingering in their mouth long.  Turning to watch the wicker bear thrash and fight against the ever multiplying veins tangle it up and trap it.  Well, that was until the veins suddenly withered and died right before his eyes.  The ivory earth pony not be the expect on magical creatures, but he was confident enough to know the wicker bear wouldn't have something to do that.  Hydra's Snare was a really tough weed.  For that to happen, it required magic.  His opponent was getting support from else where.  That did also explain how the bear just popped out of nowhere. 

Once again the officer found himself the target of a rampaging beast.  And here he was having a nice day just reading the newspaper with little going on.  Just blame Rising Dusk later, it was easier.  Whipping his head to retrieve a leaf from his satchel proved to be pointless as soon a just mechanical spider came out of nowhere and beat the wicker bear down with little effort.  Wicker bears, mechanical spiders, a dark magic infecting the city, what a day.  While the spider went for the wicker bear, it still remained to be seen whose side the spider was on.  With red leaf still in mouth, the question was quickly answered.

Scarlet came fluttering down and perched herself on top of the cage.  "Whoa whoa whoa, friendly!," she scrambled to calm the large officer, waving her hoofs about.  Bash grunted and put the leaf back into his saddle bag.  "Rising sent you for that?" he asked and approached the now pinned down wicker bear with blades sticking in its back.  "Well, he sent me for the cage," she started while patting the top of said object.  "The spider bot was sort of a... bonus? she continued but quickly added more.  "Her name is Felicia, she's pretty awesome huh!?" the pegasus gushed, gliding down and laying herself on Felicia's bulb to rub the cool, shinny metal surface.  "The cage is really awesome too!  Rising's spell applied to a carefully designed cage by a Molotov Boom.  Complete suppression both magical and physical," she perked up and presented the cage to the stallion as if she were trying to sell him a new cart with all the features.

"You can put it in your scrap book later.  I believe it has an occupant waiting for it?" Bash said to get her back on track.  Reaching into his saddle bag he removed a small vial and popped the cork.  Nodding his head at the large spider bot, "Ma'am," he grunted and poured the content of the vial onto the wicker bear, a thin silver liquid.  He was pretty sure she didn't need much more from him to know what he was about to do.  Removing a match from his bag he struck it against the paralyzed wicker bear to light it.  Time to send it back to the forest it came from.  He tossed the match onto the liquid and it roared ablaze with silver flames to engulf the subjugated wicker bear.  "Oh!  Right.  This way Felicia!," she took to the air to guide the spider bot across the street to the O.M.I. office.  Scarlet removed her badge from her own saddle bag and pressed it to the door, making it solid again.  Opening the door for the spider, she motioned Felicia inside so they could set up the cage in the cell.

Another part of the city, another flower was found by the teleporting detective.  Another quick rewrite with the new spell, becoming easier and much quicker for the detective to perform now that he knew what he was looking at and dealing with.  Dousing this section of the city in the new spores that aggressively sought out the darker ones to even rewrite those.  Six down, six to go.  Rising Dusk sighed and pulled the pocket watch out again to dial in the next location.  He wondered who would call who first.  A flash and the detective was gone.

With the spread of Dusk's spores starting to show a heavy presence in the city, the ever observing Master might notice the maintaining of his magical connections a tiny bit heavier, but only a smidgen.  

Edited by Rising Dusk

(edited)

@Dji

"If I could, I would curse the land this temple stands upon. Hopefully I will never be made to return here again."

What to Karmic might seem like a fascinating, and somewhat creepy place, were to Enzo merely a prison, and he would be glad if his gaze never fell on this accursed place again.

Growling at first, his mood bettered and became more neutral as they got far out of reach of the abandoned little isle, and Equestria came into view again. His apparent new home, if the generals did not try something that Enzo would not accept, such as presenting him with a chain. How strange to think that he might be wandering among these small creatures for a while now, but it was worth a meager amount of his time to try, and see what would happen. Couldn't be worse than at the dragons.

Ignoring what ponies and varied creatures stared at the large feline flying past them, they would find themselves with Canterlot in sight within the hour, and passed through the barrier. He were planning to land on the lawn were he were earlier, when he noticed a large crowd gathering on it, and looking up towards the castle. Seemed to all be guards? Urgh, whatever. He'd just land slowly and they could get out of his way then.

They did too, as they apparently didn't want to be thread upon, but then one raised a spear, then a second, and so on and so forth. Soon enough, more or less all of them would be directing a weapon towards him, or potentially Karmic, though there weren't really a reason for it to be her.

"I find myself questioning this towns hospitality."

It were directed at Karma, as he were surrounded by the crowd gathered to Iron's coronation. (@FanOfManyShows) Seemed as if this event might get more lively and less traditional than had been planned. Especially if the sphinx began to feel too threatened, and began bashing the ones in the air down on their colleagues. Awfully bad to have this many fliers against a sphinx.

===================================================================================================

@Dji

"Eh, pretty basic stuff."

Seeing as how Aurora were able to change forms again, Happy saw this as his que and in a flash of soft green, changed back into his regular pony disguise. Being a humanoid was all fine and good, but they'd get to town soon, and he might as well get into it again. Besides, bad mojo if anypony saw him in his humanoid form. Got all sorts of bad talking going at the best of times, and his new look didn't seem like it'd sway anypony to just forgive and forget. Bit too little of a thing for the common pony to do the trick.

"I figure out if I can send letters there, and then send one off explain we wanna have a get-together if that's a thing. If it ain't, I guess it's out on a road trip to get to him and get a personal message. Probably gonna be fine though."

==============================================================================================

@Dji

"We agree then. Show that it happened, but not how, or your country might start to fill up with ponies seeking immortality. And if this does have something to do with a draconian link, it might just increase tensions. Imagine what were to come if becoming an alicorn would require a dragons life essence, as an example. The unrest between us now would seem like the good times if that sort of dragon hunting starts going on."

Hopefully it wouldn't be that, but they'd see in due time, as the book got translated. For now Nerzhei were frankly just excited at the prospect of having a research partner that had her head in the game and agreed on some key aspects of this process. Princess Twilight's help would be invaluable, and true to her word, Nerzhei would be more than happy to share credit if things kept going well during the process of translation. Could end up taking years, but it weren't as if they didn't have several millennia to work with either, so it were more or less just a drop or two in the ocean.

"Just so you know, I heard a lot about you, prior to getting to this town the first time, so I were preparing to find a way to go up here and introduce my work one of these days. The sphinx situation haven't gone well, but it did get me up here at least, and your interest in this is greater than I had thought would be. It's somewhat jarring, yet it's good that there's finally someone taking interest in this aspect of my research."

Granted, she had expected some degree of help here, since ponies were more gullible and welcoming than they should be sometimes, yet that had mostly been her allowed to use the library. Not getting a research partner, though she weren't complaining. Frankly Nerzhei were glad that there were finally someone else there as part of this, whose reaction made her think that perhaps more would be open for the truth in the long run, compared to where she had been. Not everyone of course, but some at least, like Twilight were. It gave her some hope regarding this whole project, and ponies in general, though they'd see as time went on. it were hard to say what others would even entertain listening to.

========================================================================================================

"Sounds strange, b-but I guess you need proteins."

Cherish didn't judge per se about having to eat animals, since she were old enough to get the point of predators needing meat, but that were still more to the point of going out there and hunt boars or something like that. Hearing that there was a kind of market with it instead so you didn't even need to hunt it down yourself, were the part that made her think that something was weird about the whole thing. Just another new thing to make life easier for everypony she guessed, right?

"And I'm not in a hurry, so... Whenever you want to go is okay, though I uhm... W-Well, seems important to make sure Nada is ready first and doesn't have more questions, right? Don't worry about me."

Wasn't like she'd get tired, starve, or anything like that from waiting. Perk of being dead and all that, if you had to find a silver lining.

==========================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"You make a valid point. Every being is predictable to a point.

As for your main question, I can assure you that several families do live in Equestria. Mainly in Manehattan though, where dragons and ponies live as harmoniously as one can really expect. As mentioned though, the family smuggling were in a time of high alert, whereas these days it would not be an issue. Unless of course you were a high priority criminal of some kind, but that's more of a reason to smuggle them out, if anything."

It varied wildly in his experience, but these days, dragons didn't have much of a reason to smuggle eggs anymore, and just got their family moving over a little by little if needed, mainly to Manehattan, yet nothing were guaranteed. Some liked the city, others prefer to try other grounds, or more isolated places where they could rejoice in the more calm country, without having to be around ponies constantly. Ruby would really have to meet a bunch and ask them things herself to gain the full picture.

"I do know of one situation where things have gotten somewhat... Unnatural.

The head blacksmith here in Canterlot are a dragon of small stature, who's employment in the royal guards are a strange situation in itself. However, the part to focus on here is that I know for a fact that he have coupled with an earth pony mare. It's somewhat uncommon to see him away from the smith, but I have seen them wander around, and they're not shy to confirm their relationship when one asks. I don't scoff at them to their face, though I think you can understand why I find this to be a... Peculiar situation, to put it mildly."

=======================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Scarcity said not a word at the mention of the courthouse, and instead merely smiled and kept her thoughts to herself on the matter, yet the appreciative words from Lin should not go unnoticed, so her silence were not long lasted.

"Been a pleasure darling. And do know that if you need employment, I could always use beings of your particular talents one way or another. Do tell the others that the offer also extends to them, even if their talents are of other varieties."

She might have one of these portal creatures herself now, but Hammond would need a good deal of time to be readied, and one could never have too many to open gates on your ledger. Just imagine how easy it could make certain smuggling routes to have Lin or Omen stand somewhere and just keep a connection open for an hour or two. The cost reduction in transport alone would net her a small fortune, and the more secure line would be highly valuable too. Still, she couldn't just smash them into this. One had to ease your business partners into the more shady side of things, to see if they were trustworthy enough. Sen, Lin, Rosa and Omen had managed to keep their time schedule, so that was a start, but there were a good deal more that needed to be addressed.

But all in due time. For now, they seemed ready to take off, with Lin just wanting to say goodbye to her small sibling first. Hammond halted his eating as he were spoken to, and looked directly into Lin's face with his pale, curious eyes. Extending a small, webbed hand towards her, Hammond would touch Lin's snout, yet still wouldn't respond with words. Perhaps next time they met him he'd be more talkative, yet for now, it seemed that this were as close to interaction as she'd get.

"Goodbye brother."

Omen rose a hoof to wave, which he then imitated with his paw, slowly waving back and forth at the same speed until Omen would pass through the gate, leaving Scarcity and the newly formed sibling behind, whilst being faced with Sen and a half dozen or so nearby gasps from unseen mouths, before the originators would scramble away to tell others that there were more strangers here. The prodding seemed far from over.

"Hello Sen. You act strange."

Omen kept her looks on Sen, not knowing what exactly had happened when they were gone, but it seemed to affect him in some way. Had the fox creatures done things? Maybe. Guess only he knew, along with the other one she could smell nearby. Well hidden from sight, though he'd find that his disguise wasn't perfect, as after sniffing the air some, he'd find Omen turned directly towards him, with her head titled to the left, trying to find out who were there when she couldn't see them.

"...Okay, make her stop that, it's creepy."

He weren't gonna show himself, but this were the first time he had made himself noticeable, which had not been something he had expected, but then, neither had he that something could smell him when he were hiding from every normal sense. What sorta smell did this equine have? Could she smell souls or something? Looking at those eyes sure didn't make him think that she weren't messed up one way or another, that were for sure.

==================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"Oh? Yes these are bits. We use them to pay for goods or services according to what they're worth. Other ponies have much more of them and are usually used to measure wealth. The more of it one has, the more they can afford to buy. You could say they're really important for anypony to get what they want. I can see the appeal of using them to decorate places like nests. Magpies often make off with shiny pieces lying around and they are really attractive. Now that I think about it, bits are attractive to ponies and animals alike, just for different reasons."

"I see. When next I see some of this golden sheen in the forest, perhaps I can bring it to you? I have little use of such things normally, and some of the chunks of it I have witnessed are far too big for the animals who wishes to decorate their homes. You may at least put it to good use."

Perhaps Lyriel could have a use for it now that she knew it were used for goods in the town, but honestly, she didn't see herself needing much. She had tried this as she knew not the value it held for the ones who provided it, yet she were perfectly fine getting by with the bounty of nature. Perhaps she would keep some of the smaller flakes that they called *bits* if she ran into them on the forest floor, and no nearby creature wanted it, though the need for it seemed little to Lyriel. She'd likely just give it to Fluttershy, who clearly had far more use for it than she had.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"How are you finding Ponyville so far? And is Nerzhei planning a long stay in town? I could help him find some living accommodations if she needs it."

"Your town is a pleasant one, and I wish for it the best times ahead. The equines that reside here are very friendly, and there are many sights here that I can imagine will show new sides to itself for many a moon to come. And that does not even touch upon the sights and ponies whom I have not seen so far, yet looks forward to meeting as time goes by.

As for Nerzhei... Her situation is a somewhat complicated one. As I know it, she wishes to eventually move closer to town, and raise a house by her own accord on the outskirts, yet she seemed content with her cave for now. Blessed be her heart, but I worry that she is reluctant to wander in here, as she doesn't trust that she will be welcomed. Not that I could make her admit to that, if that were the case. As you have perhaps seen, she can be a stubborn creature with opinions that are sometimes difficult to sway.

I think what would be best is to simply show her acceptance, and that she is not shunned. She will come by herself in due time, and ensure her own living quarters. Hopefully the meeting with your princess will be the first step to make this so. They seemed to have a shared fascination for books. Or does Twilight simply collect them?"

@Zephyr / Karou

"If you insist. I shall stand ready at the door when you are ready."

Briar and Brittle - the later wandering in front to keep somepony between herself and the two new townsfolks - went over to the door, and when he heard the two eventually coming over, Briar would open it, wander outside, and hold it open for the two ponies to exit. With his vine if it swung inwards, though regardless of how it went, they'd soon enough be on their way and down the street, with Briar leading it and wandering at a fair pace, considering that Brittle were so close to him that he needed to mind his every step. Not the quickest of transports, yet what could one do?

On the way towards the palace in the distance, Sun would notice a few ponies recognizing her on sight, and starting to whisper with their friends, as well as muddled phrases along the lines of *Isn't that-*, *I swear I've seen her somewhere before.* and *I swear it's her From that show in-*. Even out here, she wouldn't be able to stay incognito, though at least nopony were approaching her so far.

"You are a popular mare for those who knows of your visage, Sun. I hope that is not a burden for you?"

=================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Pff, logic is for ponies. We're draconequui. Well, two of us are, poser."

Anomaly would pull her tongue playfully at Lucid. Poor little pooqus. So close to being greater, yet not entirely. Sure he were still strong in magic and all that, but it were really just about poking to him a little at this point to be honest. Why? Duh, because it was fun.

"And that little lizard thing is my arch nemesis, no matter what! Until something stronger and more annoying comes around. Like... A god or somepony with too many spatulas."

She narrowed her eyes and stretched in closer to the others.

"Never trust somepony with over three spatulas. They're weeeeeeird."

@Rising Dusk

Felicia didn't know what to think of the stallion, as the reaction from the flying mare seemed to indicate that he planned to be a threat to her. He didn't seem to carry any weapons though, or have a horn, but judging by the situation with the tree creature she had her legs stuck in right now, he had something that she couldn't see, and should be viewed as a potential threat. Might be that her chassis were somewhat magic resistant, but only to a point, and it didn't dispel the magic after all.

Besides, this might not be magic, and is so, sprouting vines like that would potentially cause her mobility issues regardless. At least if they clutched with any kind of strength, and the bear seemed strong. Pacified now, but ultimately something with a good deal of raw power.

As the two ponies talked between them, and Felicia were vouched for, she pulled out her knife-like legs from the dry wood, and crawled off her conquest.

Her response to this creature might have been harsh, especially when the conversation at the scrap yard came to mind, yet back then it had regarded a bucket. Just something that'd bonk you on the head, and get you out of balance for a little. This were a large predator going for the throat, and as such, she considered the situation required a swift response. If they wanted to scorn her for that, they could go ahead and try, yet she could always fall back on wanting to protect some pony from harms way. A friend of Rising even, from what she suspected, which automatically rose one a few notches up on her priority list.

Still, this one were less than the pegasus, who at least gave compliments towards Felicia after the fact. Bash more sounded as if he considered her a thing, with no need to be thanked, which were not an attitude she appreciated. But she'd give him some leeway for now, because he seemed to be another that were working with Rising. If he did not improve eventually though, she might web him to a wall just to teach him a lesson eventually. Depended on if it was worth the calculated risk.

Storing that in her files for later, there were things that she wanted to add regarding the cage, yet these two wouldn't know how to communicate with her, so there weren't much she could do in that regards. She'd find another way, or just wait for Rising to show eventually. Weren't as if her existence could be hidden anymore, considering the path they had taken here, so if she stayed out here a little more wouldn't matter one way or another.

She'd be scribbling something into the ground with one of her legs when Bash came over and pulled forth a vial that had her pause her writing, and focus her sight on what he held, unsure of what it were or whatever he aimed to use it on her. it seemed to be the wicker bear though, as after he had given her a minor form of greetings from Bash - which she responded to with a sound akin to scraping a fork over a cement block - he went over and seemingly set fire to the bear. The flames were weird though. The color and heat signature was not matching regular fire, and neither were it that there weren't any ash after the burning. Strange sorcery in a bottle these two had. She had to keep an eye out for that.

For now, as she were presented with the option to go inside by the pegasus, Felicia waited and finished her scribbles, before pointing down on the ground and waiting until one of them had looked like they read it.

"𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕠𝕥𝕪𝕡𝕖. 𝔹𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕝."

Once that were settled, she'd brush it off (unless it were in stone, at which point it'd just stay there) and wander to the door. As her size made a normal door somewhat tricky to wander into, she carefully got the cage off the her back and pushed it in before crawling sideways through, as she were less tall than wide. If the door allowed for something her size though, she'd just wander in normally, and then follow in what way she now could.

As for the flowers, Rising wouldn't find more resistance about those, as the originator of them were scheming with something else for now, which included something to clear the spores from the town all together, as they were starting to become more of a liability than a blessing at this point.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Zephyr and Sun Fire stepped out of the shop into the afternoon sun with Briar and Brittle. It wasn't as crowded as earlier, but there were still quite a few ponies around. Sun Fire was used to other ponies recognizing her, but it felt different after leaving Songbird Serenade's group.

Sun Fire ducked her head. "I expected to be recognized. I'm used to it, so I don't mind. I just worry about the questions they might ask, especially once my story from Manehattan reaches Ponyville. I know I'll have to answer them eventually, and every pony must be curious, but that doesn't make the thought of it any easier. I don't want to be surrounded by a mob of ponies all shouting personal questions." She said, glancing at a group as they walked by.

@Blitz Boom

Acting strange, that's one way of putting things in perspective. As much as he wanted to boast about being able to maintain his composure and make it look like he wasn't going to budge or give in to the urge to make a fuss of what was happening to him, he really couldn't keep it up. Sad but he wasn't one of those stoic types who could appear to feel nothing. But it is good to see some familiar faces again just to break the monotony. 

"The little kittens around here are really testing my patience, Omen. Little illusions first and while they were a nice distraction for a while, it was starting to get very annoying. Poking me here and there, whispering out of sight but just loud enough for me to hear bits of their conversation.... It's good you and Lin came when you did."

Sen clutched his head, trying to ease some of his pain away. It brought back familiar feelings of Malvernis and Legion worming their way around his head, putting all of their twisted thoughts into him. At least the kittens weren't on their level of evil or he would've done something regrettable. That would've been it and he would return to his rest if it weren't for the sound of another unseen individual amongst the three of them present and hiding out of sight talking and grabbing their attention.

"She knows you're around so being hidden isn't going to stop her from looking in your direction. She's got a good sense of smell, you know. Anyway, would you mind showing yourself? It's safe for you to be visible. Not like we're here to do anything else except wait and talk." 

@Blitz Boom

"It's alright for you keep the bits you find, Lyriel. I can get by just fine with what I have. Perhaps you might see something in town that really catches your eye and you can use the bits to buy them."

It is of little known fact that the antique store in town had something of a neighbor in a souvenir store just across it. Of course, a shop of curios might be more interesting but eventually, that venture didn't last long and the owners of the two decided to let the souvenir shop open a small stall next to the antiques as a joint venture for peak visitation periods. It wasn't really something ponies agreed with and the store just close shop for good. Some of those items eventually found their way onto the counter of the antique shop in case anyone wanted to buy them. That is, if anyone ever really showed interest in them to begin with.  

"I suppose that's something we can help her with. With Spike and Twilight already making connections in the Dragon Lands, it seems like relations between them are off to a good start. Dragon Lord Ember has already visited Ponyville more than once and after a bit of time, everypony sort of began accepting the fact that not all dragons are scary jerks. Ember sets a good example for the other dragons to follow. I'm sure Nerzhei is good at heart and she'd be welcomed in town given enough time. She and Twilight seem to get along well and have already found common ground with seeking knowledge. Twilight loves to learn new things after all."

"If acceptance is an issue, we could always try to ease her in for both her and everypony else's benefit. I wouldn't want to pry in this matter but if you ever need help with that, you only need to ask. Nerzhei doesn't have any issues with massages, does she?"

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit
Nada hummed thoughtfully at Serenade's explanation, she had no frame of reference for something like that, but it did sound good. She turned towards Cherish after she had finished her comment "Don't worry about me, there's nothing more I need to ask at the moment, and I have no hurry in learning about the current culture until I have place to stay." "So you can feel free to...be moved where ever you feel like you want to be"

@Blitz Boom

Marley's answer was unnecessarily long in Ruby's opinion, simple yes or no would have been better, but she got the answer she was looking for "So that's one more thing making them different to my kind." she noted "My kind doesn't really have the whole family thing, we stay with our mother until we are strong enough to survive by ourselves and then get chased off the mother's territory by said mother." she sounded nonchalant about it. "And I can understand why you would find relationship between different creatures odd, but it's not unheard of in the nature." "Though in nature it's closer to a close friendship than romantic relationship, because love isn't really a thing there."

@Blitz Boom

The silver flame produced no heat that anypony else could feel, other than the one doused in the silver liquid that is.  No sense in running the risk of the flames jumping to something else to burn.  While it would appear that the silver flames burned away the wicker bear, Felicia was not mistaken in that now ashes were left behind.  The wicker bear was reduced in appearance, but it was instead burned away only to be cast away to its origin to reform at a later time when it could regather its strength.

Scarlet had already flown away to prepare the way for Felicia into the O.M.I. building to notice she was scratching something out on the floor with one of those bladed legs.  Bash was close enough though to notice it and read it.  Not actually sure that the sounds she was making were words or just the nature of all the mechanical parts that made her work.  Written words were easier to understand though.  The larger stallion nodding his head, "Thank you," he grunted out and turning to follow the pair inside.  If whatever was targeting the city was so quick to attack the O.M.I., they'd need to raise the security level a bit.  Hopefully soon Tussle will be returning with the good news of having delivered all the letters to the other agencies.

Scarlet tugged the cage with a powerful beat of her wings to drag the cage through the lobby to get a head start while Felicia squeezed her larger mechanical body through the smaller door frame. "Bash can be a bit gruff, but he's got a big heart.  Both literally and figuratively.  His grunts are like a language of their own, once you get the hang of it," she informed the mechanical spider between grunts of her own of dragging the heavy cage across the floor.  And to the point the ivory stallion entered the lobby with an affirmative grunt to assist in the getting of the cage into the cell room.  As the door behind him closed, the wards returned it to its rubber like state.

The cell room at the back of the O.M.I. was pretty small and quite simple.  They weren't really designed to hold prisoners, usually just taking criminals to the local PD for holding.  On occasion though, they needed to keep ponies in the agency for a short time.  The room only had three cells in it with basic services such as a bed and toilet.  Unlock the regular cells at the PD, these had a little extra ward protection.  They were empty except for the middle one that still contained the blanket wrapped witch of the wilds.  Once they got the cage inside, it'd be time to test it out.  They should be able to just toss the filly inside the cage still wrapped in the blanket, as it'll nullify the magic of the blanket and allow her to wake up on her own.  Only one way to find out.

Rising Dusk appeared before the seventh flower, letting out his held breath.  The pocket watch was starting to get warm from all the usage it wasn't use to.  Quickly getting to work on rewriting this flower as well so that it would expel his newly designed spores.  With how saturated the city was becoming with them, it was getting hard to hide their purpose anymore.  Individually they didn't seem like much, but neither did a single ant.  Each producing a small tiny field that was pretty unnoticeable.  Until a they start to add up in the millions, then the field becomes quite large and thick.  Coating the city is a snug blanket of dampening fields geared toward a specific signature.  He'd never be able to cast a suppression spell over the whole city, heck doing it toward a single pony was hard enough.  But when a pony was nice enough to already create a flower he could use to spew out spores that then could have their own enchantments, who was he to pass up the chance.  The field would never be able to stop the Master's magic completely, far from it.  Instead, if he would just make it harder for him to use his magic in the city, use more energy, make his spells less effective, then it was a good start. 

One more flower and the spores should be able to take out the other four on their own.  He needed to regroup at the O.M.I. and find out what's been going on.  Hopefully The Captain was back.  Pulling out the pocket watch to teleport again.

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

"...Fine."

He didn't like to have to show himself, but it wasn't like at least one of them didn't know exactly where he were, as he tested by moving around, which she followed without delay. Many a pony had crossed his path in his days, and most of them had been dancing along like the little puppets they were in a kitsune's theater, but this one were different, and frankly disturbing. It shouldn't be this easy to track a member of the greatest illusionists in the world. A claim that certainly had some other competitors to the title, but their kind never would admit to anyone being better than them, and it wasn't like the lot of them met up to test one another. They had better things to spend their time on, plus most others who would dispute the claim were voracious predators, and wouldn't be welcomed within fifty miles of their villages.

The air fizzled and gradually, a dark grey fox around one and a half times bigger than Yazma showed himself. He were quite a bit more muscular and wore thick leather armor with ashen scales padding the exterior, which they might be able to identify as dragon scales, yet beyond that, he didn't seem out of the ordinary. Just one more suited for guard duty than the more frail teachers and students.

"And for the record, they're called kits, not kittens. We're kitsune, not cats or serpanthers."

The last word were said with disdain, as he were no fan of the snake and feline combined race that they sometimes had to deal with in Neighpon. There weren't enough to provide a force to threaten them in the slightest, and their magic - among those who had it - were pathetic compared to theirs, yet they could be formidable physical fighters and launch some impressive ambushes, which he had found himself in some years back. To say that he wished to have a set of armor made from their hides after that were barely touching upon his opinion of them post ambush.

"In regards to the thestral, if you had any idea about how magic worked, you'd be able to tell that they're finishing up in there, so you can go to him soon. Hopefully they haven't found anything in his head, so we can get rid of the lot of you quicker."

Yazma might be more open to a teachable moment with these outsiders, and willing to give them some leash, but he did not like having outsiders in here. it was his job to keep the kits safe, and in his eyes, any outsider were just a threat to them that had no place in here, no matter how hurt one of their team members were. Unfortunately Yazma had authority over him, and she knew that he would not disobey an order, so there wasn't really anything he could do beyond verbally expressing his disdain over their presence. She had even told him not to interfere with the kits getting near them, unless they tried to strike back at the small ones! How could she even think to make such a demand, even if it had only been one who stayed behind, who had at least managed to keep himself in check? The principal were going to hear about this once he were able to get away from this point... Surely something would happen then to correct this grave mistake of an approach to the outsiders, who should have just been patched up, then mind wiped and booted out at once.

@EQ_Theta

"The dragons lord have visited this town?"

Lyriel had heard quite a few surprising things today, but knowing that the dragons lord herself had actually left the Dragon Isles and visited this town several times, were one of the larger ones, if she excluded everything that happened with the sphinx.

"I'm sorry if I sounded doubtful, I just thought that the dragon lord would have many things to do in her own lands. To think that she would take the time to arrive here, among the beings that the dragons for reasons I cannot fathom looks down upon the most, is just surprising to me.

Nerzhei might well be thrilled to hear this though. She have sometimes spoken of wanting to eventually meet with the dragon lord and have her exile discussed with the highest authority there is among her kind, though I doubt she would return. I cannot say that I understand her reasons to want to have it taken up again though."

Nerzhei had just mumbled something about *principles* when they had last discussed this, and then refused to bring up the conversation again any other time, so there weren't much to go by from Lyriel's stand point. In all honesty, it likely didn't concern her, but the news of the dragon lord perhaps showing one day were something that she could pass along regardless. It would likely make her draconic guardian somewhat happy.

"I'm sorry to linger on that point, but it is important news, that I thank you for sharing. I cannot say how it will make her think to be confronted with this, or this amount of support from all of you friendly ponies, yet I know that she at heart wishes to make connections with others. It is why she is so eager to help you, and speak history with the princess. She may hide it as simply being about honor and finding someone to listen to her words without judgement, but at least to me, it seems like her way of taking the first step. We will see in due time though.

As for the massage... I'm afraid I don't now what that is, so I cannot tell if Nerzhei would enjoy it. Is it something that can be enjoyed by a large flock? Some kind of music perhaps?"

================================================================================================

@Zephyr / Karou

"I wouldn't worry of that if I were you. This town appears to want the best for their fellow ponies, and though they will of course be curious, from what I have heard in the time I have been here, I find it more likely that you will be offered sympathy, and best wishes with your health. I highly doubt that anypony here will actively try to make it worse by asking a mountain of questions that are likely too personal and which will invoke you pain and distress to go through. Well... Anypony but Pinkie Pie, now that I think of it."

Briar felt Brittle shiver as that name were mentioned again. The two of them had never met, but hearing of how the pink pony interacted with others she had not seen before, the changeling had become terrified of the mere notion of meeting her, and ending up being on the side of one of her party barrages. It were meant with the best of wills of course, but brittle were not one who wanted the ramp light on her, and feel as if there were an audience watching her. Even mentioning it in those terms tended to send her into a horrified state from bad memories, so he had found that he needed to watch his phrasing around her a lot. A bit troublesome, yet she were his responsibility, so he would make whatever effort it took to keep her from experiencing such things. Something which worked to a degree,l as even with the ponies watching and starring, she were only whimpering, and not having one of her episodes. It were still heartbreaking to listen to - which even if it were low, were easy to snap up by his sensitive ears - yet it did represent progress. Albeit a small step.

"Make no mistake, I doubt there is even a single evil bone within her being, but she is a very... Intense pony with seemingly little understanding of personal space, which combined with her wanting to make everypony new in town feel welcome, can make for some hectic situations and rather personal questions to try and make a connection and show that she cares. She will likely stop if you inform her that some things are painful to speak of, but just be advised that it may happen as she ambushes you with a party, and oddly enough, choreographed singing. I still don't know how she makes that happen out of nowhere.

Regardless, if I hear right, we are about to get out of the main street and head on the more direct road towards the castle, so things should calm up around us soon."

Going a few meters more, Briar made a turn- And slammed directly into a low hanging metal sign. The action disoriented him slightly, and he heard giggling from some nearby foals who appreciated some slapstick humor by the sound of it, yet he'd be fine, as his speed had not been incredible after all. Brittle on he other hoof, had gotten a shock, and the commonly known green flame of the changelings covered her as she changed her form somewhat from the sudden jolt that went through her. The change consisted of her tail vanishing, long, grey feathers growing from her eyebrows, and green spikes appearing down her spine, though other than that, it seemed like nothing had happened.

"My apologies. For reasons not completely understood by me, I have issues sensing metal, and the wind is not a foolproof thing to go by when it comes to orienting oneself. Let us be on our way again, shall we?"

He'd keep leading the way to the castle, along with Brittle, who hadn't changed back from her weird appearance slip so far. It didn't detriment her walking though, so it were nothing that would slow them down.

=========================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Anomaly pulled her tongue at Lucid, which would then open the tip to pull another tongue, and so forth about four times more.

"Heey, cheap shot. I don't mock you for being born a pony or anything. That much.

And spatulas aren't evil alone, but in a pair, they start getting antsy, and soon as you have four? Eat the mind of the being holding them, and then yada yada, the ducks are all dead. Everypony knows That."

A snap of her tail, and a dunce hat fell on Lucid from... Somewhere. Clearly he hadn't been paying attention in Crazy Talk 101, and if he wouldn't even make an effort there, how could he expect to become a draconequus? By cheating?

Okay, he totally did actually, and it were exactly what a draconequus would do, but he should still know the basic stuff like spatulas, the taste of the color red, and who Darkman were. Essential stuff people.

===================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

So this were where Rising worked? Not what she had been expecting.

Felicia had helped push the cage along as best she could, though with the angle she had to take to pass through, the entrance had been a bit of a hassle. She could help much more afterwards, as she'd effortlessly lift it up with her front legs and just re-calibrate her balance to cause her movement to not be impacted. They'd have to go through this again with every other narrow path, but she'd manage one way or another.

As for this place itself, it were more of an office space than what Felicia had been expecting out of Rising's work space. From what he had said, she expected something like large rooms with circles full of symbols meant to work as magical focus points, tools of his trade covering every wall, and at least a dozen or so enclosed areas for prisoners. This were far more mundane, and that came from one who had never seen another living area than the one from the Boom's workshop. It just seemed like more of a place for paper pushers, as her systems told her they were called, and barely had any functional prison areas.

Still, looks might be deceiving, and all the important things could be hidden. Might also be that she had misunderstood how a work environment should be, given that she came from an area where tools lined several walls, yet she'd need a bigger sample size of interiors to gauge that herself.

One thing that she had not expected were the late teen filly in question who the cage were for, who seemed to be wrapped up in a blanket. A strange sight to say the least, but Bash and Scarlet appeared to not find it a weird thing at all, so she'd have patience, and see what would happen. She might be surprised, just as she had been when Bash had thanked her before. Considering his initial response to her, that had not seemed like it were going to happen anytime soon.

They'd see soon enough, as Felicia would help push the cage inside the room, and watch as the pony got placed inside, and almost immediately started to move around. The blanket would be successfully repressed it seemed, and it appeared as if the cage were going to hold so far as it got closed, which made sure to keep the occupant inside.

"Urgh... Annoying headache..."

She'd be slow to get out of the blanket, as a possible side effect of the cage manifested itself. Likely from the strong suppression of magic happening within, which seemed a small quirk, but one that would need to be fixed in the long run.

Eventually her eyes would focus on the ponies, through the bars of her her prison, within her prison.

"So the sidekick is still here? Guess I wasn't out for long then."

Meanwhile, elsewhere, the master would bring a bowl towards something in the corner of the room, whereupon he began chanting. The words were essentially gibberish to anypony who'd listen, if anypony had been there, but it seemed to have an effect, as a pale glow pulsated in front of him, and something oozed down to mix into the liquid in the bowl.

"It is nothing but a small setback. I have not lost this war yet."

It were annoying that he had to go to this extend, but the corrupted spores were spreading too fast, and his own methods alone weren't going to do much in itself. This however, should help do the trick, even though it would ruin his own setup. Not that it mattered really. His adversary in Equestria had already done plenty enough to do that, and attempting to reset everything would just waste precious energy.

Raising the bowl, he'd open a rift high in the sky above the city he had tried to set under siege, and slowly pour the pale, misty liquid down from above. It would spread on the wind and attack the spores, along with the flowers he had set up, showing nothing to the regular ponies in the area, yet Rising should be able to see a familiar green thread, along with a new addition to it devour the entire thing, including the flower, which seemed to just pulverize right in front of him, a little after he got to the last one on his route.

The new magic would be a very pale, dimmed green, resembling more a puff of smoke that engulfed what it had been sent for than anything else, whereupon it would seemingly just absorb it, and begin to vanish into thin air. Rising should be able to find some connection to the magic that had been used, though this would carry a sickness to it that betrayed the seemingly innocent look. Whoever or whatever had spawned this were potentially even worse news than the unnamed master, who would attempt to open the link with Rising as he went through removing every trace of his normally effective weapon of corrupted spores. If the line were picked up, he'd start the conversation with a few, bitter words, then wait and see if there would be a response. Much as he didn't want to hear what the pony had to say after this meager victory, he were reluctantly curious.

"You win the first round, Equestrian."

============================================================================================

"Well okay then Nada. Take care, and try to stay out of sight until everything have been sorted, please? You're a nice creature, and I don't want to see you hurt by somepony who doesn't know what's going on and thinks the worst."

Cherish were more or less dragged along as the little slab of metal that clung her to this place - part of an old door hinge of some kind - were taken up by Serenade, who believed it time for them to get a move on.

"I'll uh... Stay out of sight until we're there Serenade. It's for the best."

The spirit gave a wave towards Nada, with worry lingering in her eyes, before fizzling out of sight.

Much as Cherish wanted to hope for the best, she were concerned that things wouldn't keep going well, and that Nada would end up in hot waters. Her being alone would just make that even more of a danger, as they couldn't try and help her.

Celestia be willing, she were going to be okay, though there weren't anything Cherish could do right now, except heading back, and she didn't know if the siren even wanted to have others with her right now. *sigh* Guess the dice had been thrown on this. Time to worry if Princess Twilight would be okay with the undead visitor.

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Don't get me wrong, I strongly promote interracial friendships, as it can prove highly interesting and give you some fresh outlooks on the world, but I don't personally favor being romantic partners if there is no chance of offspring.

Exceptions can be made if the couple in question considers adoption, though a foal raised by a mare and dragon? It seems a disaster waiting to happen."

Now, Marley wasn't going to confront the strange couple or try to have them torn apart. He wasn't so insecure in himself that he had to destroy the happiness of others, just because he didn't agree with it. However, he were a more traditional griffon in some aspects, and wouldn't enjoy hanging around others that were like that for prolonged periods of time, so he just avoided them if possible.

"As for how things are in your part of the world... I must admit, it saddens me to hear it. A bird must of course fly from the nest in due time, so to speak, but being driven away, and not have any family connections from there on out, seems a harsh way to get through life from my perspective. It does explain a few things though, by which I mean no disrespect.

I take it from your explanation that a father is only there for mating purposes, and have moved on before the eggs are laid? Or is his fate more akin to that of a typical male spider?"

He considered a joke at this point, but this were a more serious topic currently, so such a thing would have to wait for a more appropriate time.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"I must've fell asleep during that lesson."

Lucid looked at the fruit.

"Ok, this is getting boring."

He stomped a hoof on the ground and the lemon was suddenly in a mech suit.

"Also, I'm a poquus, not a draconequus."

"That means you look like a boring pony! A draconequus is cooler because we look like a monkey attempted a jigsaw puzzle!"

"Well... I'm still powerful though!"