Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

That went... about how he expected.  Considering the mix mash of personality that were about to collide in the workshop it shouldn't have been shocking.  He wasn't expecting though that Void and Molotov had met before, especially in Ponyville.  Which mostly raised questions such as why Molotov was all the way out in Ponyville.  More importantly though, how Void was working a soup and chili cart without Null nearby.  Not that it helped all that much the lack of a filter on the other stallion's mouth.  Scarlet had shared the short version of her experience in getting the cage from the inventor.  Rising Dusk had used the term 'acquired taste' before, but it didn't seem too far off.  Hey, his mission was to get them together for Null.  Mission accomplished.  Now to prevent the workshop from being brought down around them.  Although the mechanical snickering from Felicia above wasn't he most encouraging.  First step, some corrections and distractions. 

"Molotov, I'd like to formally introduce Void and her older sister Null," the detective introduced the sisters, pointing out that the pegasus that currently was muzzle to muzzle with Molotov in an aggressive headlock.  "Ladies, this is Molotov Boom.  Felicia's creator and most likely the only pony in the world capable to returning your flight, Null," he then introduced the sisters of Troy to the owner of the workshop.  "Magic can't help her, but your invention can.  So maybe let us put a pin in the ego and a pin in the anger for a moment?," he added before stepping around the pair.  Running a layout of the workshop from his memory while pulling one of the golden disks he brought from the O.M.I. out of his hoodie pouch.  Jumping up onto a work bench to place one of them on top of a light fixture.  Climbing back down to wander his way over to the other side of the workshop room they were in.  

"The cage was indeed a success.  We actually have a dangerous witch locked up in it at the moment," he casually confirmed while putting another golden disc on the floor and kicking it under a bench with a satisfying metallic clink.  "Sadly it appears to be under a good amount of stress.  And based on Felicia's estimate it might only last a couple days," give credit where credit is due.  Taking a third disc into his mouth and climbing up a large shelf that rocked from his weight, careful to keep his balance and prevent as many tools from falling to the floor until he could put it on top.  He couldn't use his magic to just levitate them into location on these, else they'd activate and that would be bothersome.  "I think we've reached the limits of Deep Iron.  Perhaps we can use Black Steel for the reinforcement structures while keeping the main cage Deep Iron?" the detective inquired.  Magically, mixing the metals wouldn't affect the spell, as they were both conduits, so he just needed to know about how it'd work mechanically. 

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"You know," Karmic said in a quiet tone, her face looking at the book in her hooves. She wasn't really reading it because her eyes had gone a milky white. Her ear had flicked in the direction of the general's voice and that had triggered a short vision. "Old age is a peaceful way to go. I see that for you sometime in the future. It's hard to tell." she didn't comprehend what else the elderly general had said, only focusing on what she could see in her mind. "Old age is definitely a peaceful way to go. I wouldn't mind it."

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Oh, Nerzhei has me hooked on a book she's brought along," Twilight smiled easily, looking up from the book to Fluttershy. "She was just explaining the nuances of the history her race had to go through," she added. In Twilight's train of thought, a small lie of reading a different history book rather than a potential history-defining book was a small price to pay for not really letting anyone else other than herself and Nerzhei know about it. "Isn't that right, Nerzhei? Prince Spark Bright was ... what did you say? Lethal?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Alright," Aurora sighed and deflated somewhat but she still pranced every few steps despite nearing Ponyville. "I just love roadtrips so much!"

@EQ_Theta @Dji

"A lethal scourge to some, a hero purging invaders to others. Someone of that kind of power and conviction tends to polarize themselves in history books. It's an interesting study to see these varied points of view, if you're inclined to care about that kind of thing."

She weren't sure why the princess wanted to keep hidden what they were studying, but perhaps Fluttershy were one who wouldn't take that sort of history well? Hmm... Unlikely, though perhaps the princess were more concerned about wanting to release the full thing at once, rather than hype up a small portion, and that was the reason? Seemed reasonable enough, and Lyriel would buy it, as she had yet to be told what this book were. Just that it were an important part of history.

"It's good to see you two are getting along. I feared that perhaps you would have issues bonding with the princess, even through your shared love of literature."

"Knowledge is a powerful thing."

Nerzhei slowly closed the book that they had gotten ready, as it seemed like now were the time to speak, rather than study. A real shame honestly, but what could one do?

"So you two have bonded over animals and sweet things it sounds like. Have their been any complications?"

==============================================================================================

@Dji

"Old age sounds like a peaceful end to things indeed, and I still have some years kicking in me."

"Then why surrender your position?"

"Because I lived to protect my country, as well as my subordinates, and when my reaction time starts to slow because of age, I bring both into danger. There needed to be somepony with new energy in the seat, and I have confidence in Iron becoming a good general that can do what is best for everypony.

However, if I may return to something with you miss: Are you a seer of sorts? I have heard others talk in that way before that claims to be."

Dew were skeptic about those, and thought them as having a weird outlook on life, but his personal judgement weren't important here. He could always be skeptical about what he heard, as he had been in the past, without being overly dismissive of the pony claiming to have that kind of gift.

=================================================================================================

@Dji

"Awh, don't despair. You never know, right?"

(ten minutes later, as they stepped out of the post office)

"Well then, that didn't get us anywhere, though they did at least give us the general direction. Might be that road trip you were all game about is gonna be our course of action. Just let's go grab my cart first, alright The weird pumpkin head stole me right away from it earlier, and I'm getting worried that something might've happened to it."

The post ponies had basically just flat out declined to go anywhere near the changeling area, as they didn't have any orders to do so, and they didn't want to risk it. Must be folks who had been on the wrong end of a changeling attack. Sounded even more like it when they started to ask why the two of them wanted a letter there, but a quick talk of it being to try and write with somepony there to attempt being friendly since ponies were supposed to accept them now, seemed to do the trick. Honestly he just figured they didn't want to touch it with a fifty hoof pole.

Anyway, seemed like they were gonna have to get going and grab his cart then, and then it was on the road again. Was gonna be weird to have a travel companion along with him now, but hey, he liked talking with others, so it might not be too bad.

The cart would be around 200 meters away from them, on the outskirts of town, right in front of a large hole. Wouldn't take too long to get there if they kept a good pace.

===============================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

8 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Molotov, I'd like to formally introduce Void and her older sister Null," the detective introduced the sisters, pointing out that the pegasus that currently was muzzle to muzzle with Molotov in an aggressive headlock.  "Ladies, this is Molotov Boom.  Felicia's creator and most likely the only pony in the world capable to returning your flight, Null," he then introduced the sisters of Troy to the owner of the workshop.  "Magic can't help her, but your invention can.  So maybe let us put a pin in the ego and a pin in the anger for a moment?,"

The two kept silent, with Molotov just having a pretty surprised glare in his eyes the entire time. He weren't a stranger to aggression, since he had been in a town of scientists and they could get vicious sometimes if things got heated. Plus he he had gotten quite a few beatings by mares he had opened his muzzle badly towards, yet Null here were different. In her eyes, he could see genuine, unfiltered hatred in the moment she had pulled him in. Null didn't just want to make him go away if he stepped off the path, she wanted to make him eat his own legs.

Once his brain started to catch up though, he had to admit that this were kinda funny. Him getting schooled by a mare not far from the size of his little sister, and getting real nervous over what she'd do to him if he didn't go careful about things. Sure he felt a little less strong now that he could feel the magic suppression in action - a magnificent abnormality, truly - but he were pretty sure that if it came down to it, he could beat her in a hoof fight.

"Alright, my bad on that one Null. Let's bury the hatchet, alright? And I'm not trying to grill your sis for the giggles. She's a real fine looking mare."

Null growled at that last part, but let go and stepped back whilst Void got an almost unnoticeable blush at being given compliments like this. She weren't used to it, and frankly didn't think she liked it from at least this stallion, but it were kind of nice to hear. A shame it had to be from somepony this forthcoming and kind of obnoxious.

"Keep your hooves off her. Now start talking about what the big deal is here, and if this is a trick, I swear I'm going to feed you your own goggle."

"N-Null..."

Void were not thrilled about her sisters behavior, though the laughter she were met with from the inventor were hard to ignore for her, as that were hardly a response you would expect from this. What were he finding so funny right now?

"Oh man, this one's a riot when you let her grow on you a little. And he's saying that I can help you fly, because I've made functional wings before."

He spread the metallic bat wings, and took a small spin around. He could show off more, but he didn't wanna risk hitting something and making a fool out of himself.

"Your ability makes for a strange situation, but I'm thinking that I can get this sorted and get you a replacement wing with a bit of luck. It ain't gonna be easy from there, but you know how rehabilitation goes. keep up the program, and in time, you're gonna end up flying around like there's no tomorrow. Frankly I'm thrilled to get the chance, though not to worry there, powder keg. Ain't gonna do aaaaanything to you unless I get the permissions for it.

And frankly, if this works? Might be able to eventually help you patch up you lil' sis too. Been working on some eye designs for my bots for a while now, and this might end up being pretty useful. Just imagine, being the pony who makes the blind see and the grounded fly? Momma would've been proud of that."

8 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"I think we've reached the limits of Deep Iron.  Perhaps we can use Black Steel for the reinforcement structures while keeping the main cage Deep Iron?"

While Null stood somewhat stunned at both the display of flight from somepony who didn't even have natural wings, and the notion that perhaps Void could eventually get her eye fixed too, Molotov turned his attention towards Dusky, who were going on about the cage and how it were going.

"Good to know it's working if you got a tough customer, but yeah, it ain't stable yet. First working prototypes never are, and I fear it's gonna end up collapsing eventually too.

I got it filled with a little something that seemed to help, but the pressure, the pressure... Hmm... I think you're right on about us needing Black Steel, but perhaps focus on doing some reinforcements on the key points first, like you said, so we don't end up making each cage cost a half nation. The pressure's mainly on where the bars are welded together, so that's a start, though in a few years when we can work on a foldable variety to make this sorta thing portable, I'm thinking we'll need to go all out there. Really gonna hope I can find that alchemist that's supposed to get the papers from the researchers transmuting stones soon. If we could change some metal into that, it'd be pretty grand.

Now, mind telling me what the deal is with that witch, and what's going on here in general? Like, why're you placing disks 'round my workshop?"

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"As far as I am aware, there were not always guards stationed there, and instead they simply relied on wards keeping an eye on things, in case of smugglers or the like.

After the failed changeling invasion however, they have increased their security, and I doubt that will change anytime soon, even with the bug ponies being on the path of acceptance among them. I would not be surprised if the two we passed were merely a distraction from more magical means of securing this entrance either, yet as you said, there is hardly a point when you leave. Entering however, might be quite interesting.

But that is a concern for another day. Let this most humble bird lead the way to an area where unwanted eyes should not fall upon you."

A bird, what a preposterous thing to call him. Depending on the sort of bird though, it may not be as great of an insult, and the non-specific nature of the comment made it easy for him to spin it as her meaning that he were as glorious and menacing to those below them as a mighty bird of prey like a hawk or eagle.

Of course Ruby didn't mean that, but it were more interesting to bend her words in his favor, rather than imagine what she actually meant, which were likely more akin to a pigeon or a chicken. Both of them repulsive creatures honestly.

In any case, he'd start leading the way off the beaten path, and look for bear tracks or something akin to that. Ruby would likely be able to smell or find something faster though, considering she were objectively equiped with tge tools necessary to be a better hunter of beasts than him.

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The mimic nodded as she were asked whatever she liked berries or not. Her kind were highly adaptable creatures who found nourishment where they could, so most things got down their gullets. Fruits also carried nutrients that they needed in their diet, so they tended to cultivate some things like berry bushes around the areas they settled into to make sure they had a good stockpile. It were not as impressively as a regular pony farm by any stretch, but they did well enough in ensuring that there were always food, and that they had their rations for the winter months.

In any case, the siren looked like she liked the berries provided, so Fah'lina wandered over and jumped into the bush for more. A ruckus soon ensued, but it were shortlived, as a sparrow tumbled out, whilst chirping angrily at the mimic. Said mimic were popping out the top of the bush, and hissed at the bird with maws wide open, which made the little critter fly off as quickly as it could.

Soon as this intruder had been chased off, Fah'lina would start plucking berries off one by one, and throwing them towards Nada to see if she'd eat them, then stop when she didn't anymore. There weren't any reason to waste these more than were needed after all.

@EQ_Theta

The kitsune paled as she were told what the deal were with Omen, in stark contrast to the interested look she had as Sen mentioned what had ocurred with him and Lin. Something she certainly wished to know more of, but it were hard to focus on above the news that the lord of chaos had a hand in creating the creature in front of her.

"D-Discord? He's back!?"

"Yes."

Hizhel took a step back, and felt the small hairs on the back of her neck rise up straight.

"You're not... Going to explode or something, right?"

"She have been around... For a long time. She isn't... Unstable. And Discord have... Reformed. He stays with ponies and... Helps them, without spreading chaos. He... Isn't coming around here. They have him... Busy enough in Equestria."

Rosa had to combine a few guesses with what he knew as he tried to take the potential bad situation before it escalated. Considering how Hizhel looked, chances were that these beings had some history with the lord of chaos, and likely not in a good way, so he had to try and ease them through this before they got thrown in a dungeon.

He wish he knew what story this might be, but even among great spies, getting any information on the kitsune that they didn't want you to have were highly difficult, and they were not keen in outsiders snooping around their business. Most that he knew actually came from Neighpon ponies, but that were somewhat unreliable, and mostly regarded their impact on the ponies society.

"Messing with your patients again, are we?"

Yazma stood in the doorway and looked over the commotion with a smirk on her face, and an amused tone in her voice.

"Muzzling your nose into others fun again, are we?"

Hizhel's stance and facial expression changed on the spot as she were caught in her literal act, and went back to her previous joyed expression, though with a little something extra to it after her performance.

"I'm a teacher. Ruining others fun are part of my job.

You three needn't pay her no heed. Our kind and Discord have crossed paths before, and we tolerated one another well enough. We are also aware of his return, though I don't want to bore you with the details. Hizhel here is just having some fun at your expense."

"It was just too perfect to miss. I am not kidding about this one being strange though, but if Discord is the creator, I'm not surprised, and her being made out of basically magic and his wits would explain how she's alive. She isn't bound by regular biology..

To get back to the serious business though, your stories are pretty strange, but the scans support something like that could be the cause of a few things, so I'll add it to the reports and consider it a done deal."

"So that's... It then?"

"Yep, and I have a whole lot to write down now, so I gotta go soon. Here's the book I promised you though Sen. I think you'll find it informative."

Hizhel flipped a paw, and a copy of *Raizu's Guide to Regenerative Magic: Volume 1* popped on to Sen's back.

"It's just a copy, so keep it, and consider it a fair trade for the information you've given us. Though from the sounds of things, you wouldn't have the time to stay and read it either, as the young man over there seems to be in a hurry. Or am I mistaken?"

"No. But you're right Sen. We need... To go at this carefully, and analyze... The best way to break this too him. Equestrian guards... Don't trust spies. And I'll be fine for rest. I just... Need a tree."

"Flat surfaces only for the next few days mister. A bed of moss is a bare minimum."

"Fine. I'll... Think of something."

He were feeling too beaten up and tired to argue with the kitsune over this, and just picked up what was left of his mask before standing ready to leave whenever the rest were ready for it. The suit were too ruined to be worth much anyway.

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Hey, I wasn't mocking you."

Snapping her tail a few times, a party crown fell on the pony's head, a squeaky scepter ended in one of his hooves, and an oversized, furred red  cape got slung from his neck and behind him, as a plastic throne rose from the ground.

As the final touch, a neon sign going *Cover in fear* blinked sarcastically above his head, whilst the draconequus snickered like there were no tomorrow.

"Now I'm mocking you."

She saw the lizard bite him, and whilst that too were absolutely hilarious, she also went over and let her tongue - now a large roll of gauze - dangle towards him to try and be sort of helpful.

"Did you get your widdle hoof hurt? I'll help, and then I'll sweep you away like the fairytale princess you are. With what Lucid and Novia told me about you  I'm not letting you go at least. All snuggly and crazy, just like I like them.

Well  you're also sort of a wimp, but I can't win them all."

@Blitz Boom

"Awe, Pringle must be hungry."

"Hungry little lizard."

Lumen did not like this mockery. Maybe the crows put them up to this.

"This isn't funny! I am... uh... what's my name again?"

"Lumen."

"Lumen! Lumen the Destroyer!"

"Not even an original name!"

"Why? Is it because of the duck and crows eating my favorite fridge?"

Novia looked shocked for a second.

"Hey! You leave politics out of this!"

@Blitz Boom

Sen studied the book, skimming through the pages and getting an idea of the contents. For a moment, even he is a little confused by books, bound on the spine with the pages moving right to left. Growing up with loose pieces of parcel or bound on the header with rope was how he learned, if it wasn't orally passed down. The whole thing is intriguing just to look at but it may be too soon to read up on the contents until he has some time to spare. For now, he settled on a quick look before packing the book away in his saddle bag. 

"Hizhel, Yazma, thank you so much for helping us out," Lin placed herself between the two and respectfully bowed her head with Sen joining in. "We don't have much in the way of payment but we insist on giving you something for your troubles."

Lin quickly opened a gate back to her home village and returned with two small pouches, the sound of clanking indicating small objects contained within. She handed one to Sen, who promptly walked to Hizhel, and the other was brought before Yazma. "A pouch of gemstones. I don't know how much they are worth here but they are valuable to us. Maybe they might fetch a fair price."

"Thank you for the book as well," Sen added. "I'm certain it will be of great help."

Though it would seem like a terrible idea to throw away such a precious commodity, the longma always find a way to haul in some gemstones. The forest is teeming with places to look and, while a village caravan would always have some gems to trade, it isn't exactly a common thing to find them in large chunks. Still, the longma siblings kept a reserve and the village's artisans occasionally have excess pieces leftover from their crafts. There is something for Shrimp to indulge and it didn't bother them because the excess can't be made into anything valuable. It was an acceptable waste management strategy and everyone is happy about it. 

Lin, once more, opened a gate nearby, this time to Ponyville. One step further and they'd be just outside Stargazer's home, hopefully not at a time when they'd catch him by surprise. Sen stood by Rosa's side in case he needed some help walking. 

"Fortune favor you both, and your students. We've learned a lot since we arrived and your kindness will not be forgotten."

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

"No, we didn't run into any problems. To be honest, I guess the only issue was figuring out how to make already sweet food even sweeter for Lyriel. It turned out fine though the bakery will need more sugar soon. And the animals were delighted to see her too! I think plenty of birds were following us to the sanctuary."

It was nice to see Twilight and Nerzhei getting along well and sharing this time to go over a subject they both liked. Seems like they could be quite the pair when they'd present their findings to an interested panel of scholars, teachers, even the princesses if they had the time to listen. For now, the two appeared absorbed in their studies and that might throw a wrench in Fluttershy's plan for the following day. Still is worth a suggestion and she honestly wasn't in a rush to get them out of the castle. 

"We did have an idea, though. I was thinking maybe you and Twilight would want to spend an afternoon at the town spa? Just to relax and loosen up maybe? I wouldn't be taking you away from your studying for a long time and you'd get to experience something Ponyville has to offer."

@Zephyr / Karou @Moonlit

"Once again, I apologize for listening in when it were. I have spent most of my life deprived of sight, so my other senses have become rather sensitive, with hearing being among the more prominent. It were not my intention to react upon what I accidentally heard though, before angry mentions and Discord arose. I thought that perhaps if I clarified things somewhat, it might brighten your day some, though I would say to you as I did my currently silent companion: Don't touch the grass. It is impossible to say what will come of that.

Beyond that, it seems like the princess have just had two guest arrive, as I am rather certain that two ponies passed us all mere moments ago, so perhaps she will be too busy to take audience from either of our groups currently. May I perhaps suggest a passage of time by having you, miss Serenade, interact with Sun and Zephyr? I am certain they would enjoy getting to know a true local a little better, and there must certainly be some things you could discuss. Perhaps they too have a fondness of the ocean, as it smells like you do?"

briar felt Brittle get closer, as the weary eye that Serenade had given her made the changeling scared that the new arrival were going to do something to her. The fear in her large, pale eyes directed at Serenade should speak volumes of that, yet as sirens seemingly did not care for the bug ponies, and changelings were known to manipulate, perhaps she would merely think this a trick to make her lower her guard. Regardless of what she may think though, Briar would make sure to keep them apart were a sudden altercation to happen. Serenade would hardly be the first he had to forcefully remove for having negative opinions and actions towards Brittle, though of course, the situation weren't the same here, as this mare hid quite a large secret that would likely prove difficult.

But there were likely no reason to think this would happen. Briar wished to think the best of those he met, and though some had their reservations towards changelings, he wanted to think that most would at worst merely refuse to speak with Brittle. One could hardly go around and think that everypony were out to hurt you constantly and still be able to interact well with others. Brittle feared such a thing, and the poor thing were a wreck.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just nodded, she didn't have anything to say to the topic and she didn't have anything else she would be interested to bring up to conversation. She didn't mean any specific bird when she called Marley bird, because for her there was no difference, they were all small and pitiful creatures regardless of species for her. But it wasn't necessary meant as an insult for Marley either, because though it was true she looked down on him, the reason why she was calling him bird wasn't because of that, but because that was the animal he reminded her the most of, and when given the chance, she liked to use animal species instead of names when talking to somebody, because she saw names as meaningless invention of creatures who thought they were above nature.

She walked quietly after Marley, until scents of different animals started to fill her senses, and more importantly, somewhere among them was a bear, and from smell of it, said bear had just found something to eat, as the smell of dead prey was mixed with the bear's scent. "Is there some specific place you're leading me? Because if not, I'd like to proceed to hunt now." Obviously she didn't really care if there was a certain place, but she asked it in case the place where they were now in had a risk for her getting seen by ponies.

--------------------------------------------------------
Nada chuckled a bit at the situation with the bird, it wasn't funny per say, but it did amuse her to see it. She ate few mouthfuls berries before realizing that Fah'lina wouldn't stop throwing them to her as long as she ate them, so she smiled at the mimic "That's enough thank you.". She liked Fah'lina.

(Sorry about short Nada, my mind is hitting blank.:mlp_please:)

@Blitz Boom @Zephyr / Karou "I wouldn't call myself a true local. I'm originally from Manehatten, and my job is usually located in Canterlot. I moved here cause the lights in Canterlot are starting to interfere." She bows her head a bit in greeting, "A pleasure". This close to....chaotic magic, Serenade's disguise would....flicker from time to time. As Serenade is talking, the Pegasus Mare would flicker to this!

Edited by Moonlit

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit

Sun Fire turned from the garden reluctantly. She had what she thought was a pretty decent composition started, but she'd have to continue it later. Assuming she could remember it all, of course.

Zephyr and Sun Fire looked at her, startled. Zephyr rubbed his eyes, while Sun Fire blinked a few times. "I must be seeing things," they both thought at almost the same time. Sun Fire shook her head.

"You're from Manehattan? We just moved from there. It was a bit too crowded and unfriendly there, if you know what I mean," Sun Fire said, still unsure if what she saw was real or not. After the garden, she wouldn't be all that surprised if the flickering pony wasn't just part of her imagination. Zephyr nodded.

@Blitz Boom @Zephyr / Karou Serenade nods, "Oh I know. Why do you think I moved to Canterlot then here." She doesn't notice she's flickering, "My parents moved there shortly after I came into their lives, Dad got a job at the University there. Before that, they lived near Baltimare"

@Blitz Boom

At least things were moving in a better direction after a little chat among the two.  Rising Dusk could have had a sit in with the sisters and talked as much as he wanted about how Molotov could help them, but it likely wouldn't have gotten anypony anywhere.  Showing tends to work a lot better, and hopefully by seeing Molotov's own wings, along with Felicia, would be far more satisfying in their curiosity than what Rising Dusk could provide.  Letting things run its course usually works best, if a little supervisor is necessary then so be it.  The idea of building the cage out of Black Steel wasn't the idea of course, that'd be too expensive, but just using the step up in quality of metal for the supports would still work a little better.  He'll leave that to the expert though, the unicorn will just provide the spell work, but they do need a new cage before the one at the O.M.I. at collapses.

The shelf the detective had climbed upon wobbled precariously with the golden disc placed upon the top of it.  Sliding down the front as quickly as he could until he landed on his hoofs to hold the shelf and keep it from falling over.  Igniting his horn to catch a few falling items with a levitation spell and put them back into their proper places.  It was a fair inquiry, not that he was working all that hard to hide what he was doing though.  "Wards," he answered rather matter of factly.  Rising Dusk didn't have the ability to cast ward spells himself, definitely not in the sense of The Captain or Tussel's ability to do so with ease.  No, instead they were placed on these discs as mobile wards to be used elsewhere at a different time.  Not nearly as powerful as a full ward, but each will block a spell or two thrown at the workshop.  Molotov's workshop had a good deal of defenses from the physical world, but lacked such things from the magical world.  Well, that was fixed for now, if for just the short term.

"Dark Overlords, damaged witches, impending doom of Equestria.  The usual," he added as if it was just a normal day at the office, but didn't feel the need to go into much more detail in that.  No real point in telling Molotov in the sisters how mind controlling spores threatened to take over the city of Manehatten.  Removing a fourth disc from his pouch to head off into the kitchen.  "Where are Blitz and Carmen?" he asked before disappearing into the kitchen to set up a ward in it as well.

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have no particular place in mind, regardless of what I may have told the guards. In my mind, the prime objective with leading the way were to find an area that would obscure us from sight, as to not expose your capabilities to some random passer by. Messy business keeping muzzles shut without being noticed."

Marley scratched his chin and looked around at where they currently were. Seemed like they had trees blocking view of the gate to Canterlot, and the path were both some meters behind them, and by the sound of it, not currently traversed. There were hardly any sounds in fact, but Marley assumed that had something to do with Ruby's presence. It wouldn't be the first time he would have seen her presence influencing the wildlife.

"This place will likely do then. Allow me a second to step aside, lest I get a wing in my face."

Had she not already started transforming, Marley would step over and stand next to a tree, leaving him quite a good point of view, but hopefully not one that got him a tail or wing slap. Guess it were time for Ruby to amaze him, with the glory of a wild dragon.

@Catpone Cerberus

The mimic stopped throwing the berries, and stuffed the last one plucked into her own mouth, showing that she could eat things like a regular squirrel too. She were about to fly over to Nada after that, but stopped mid air and looked over to a point to the right. There weren't any indications anything were wrong like sounds or smells, but regardless of that, Fah'lina cracked her knuckles and flew over, diving head first into the crowns of a small tree.

She promptly fled out again two seconds after that, whilst making panicked warning sounds. Behind her, a small flurry of embers followed in her direction, but thankfully the mimic hit the water before they hit her.

A loud shriek soon followed, as the young phoenix flew out if the tree and started to flap around the lake. It were as elegant as could be, with it's bright colors and slim stature, followed by long, almost smouldering tail feathers, but the way it were making a round were not meant to show off, but rather to patrol menacingly and wait for what it supposed were a squirrel to come back up so that she could be taught a lesson. Seemed like Fah'lina had stuck her hands into a metaphorical beehive and given it a shake.

It currently didn't seem to have noticed or bothered caring about Nada, so whatever her response to this were going to be interesting, and potentially important.

@Rising Dusk

So a ton of danger, and now his own workshop were needing to be warded off from the potential repercussions? Jeez.Dusky must've really gotten on somepony's angry side. Then again, seeing as this were Equestria - whose unofficial motto should be *Harmony and horrible monsters* - it could just be a regular Thursday sort of thing that he had gotten caught up in unintentionally, and the witch they caught were unrelated. You never knew with this crazy country sometimes.

"You're starting to remind me of my lil' sis actually, Dusky. She also have a habit if getting meddled into something dangerous all the time, heh. Anyway, Blitz is taking a nap in the basket of clean cloth, and Carmen's around somewhere. She likes to wander sometimes.

And before you get any funny ideas, Carmen's the first model of sentient spiderbots, and she's looking like a big ol' fuzzball of a critter. If you hurt her, I'll jettison you into a star."

That comment were mainly for Null, who he gave a stare to fit as he locked eyes with her again. Little powder keg like this were somepony you had to be wary of, but nopony were gonna hurt his family and get away with it. Either she'd accept the boundaries, or he would quite literally have her thrown into outer space somehow.

"P-Please be calm, we d-don't want to hurt your uhm... P-Pets?"

Void weren't sure what to call the spiderbots, since it sounded like they weren't just machines, but some sort of sentient being like animals, or even ponies. Though how anypony could just make a life out of metal like that she couldn't even start to fathom, and weren't sure if she could trust. Dusky seemed to do so, and the stallion certainly were inventive, what with being able to make wings and all that, but... It just seemed kinda crazy. Still, she weren't sure if it just sounded like it, or if it actually were, and her questioning voice betrayed that to a stallion who lightened up a good deal more when talking to her, compared to the aggressive older sister.

"Pet's? Hah! That's a riot of a comment. Those two are my creations. Flesh and blood of my mind. Far as I'm concerned, they're basically family. And for the record, Felicia's the ugly one we hide away on picture day."

Sure he got a bolt lobbed down at him for that comment, but it were totally worth the bruise on his shoulder.

"She also got a goo hearing.

So, since Dusky's out and about to get this place sealed up, can we start getting you a once-over, Null? Explaining how the wings work are all fine and good, but I doubt you'd get the technical parts, so the important stuff is 'round how they need to be placed. I'm gonna have to take a looksie on the base of your missing wing. You two discuss that, while I go make sure Dusky ain't setting a fire or something somewhere."

Something told him that he weren't gonna able to sort out the details with these two just yet, so they might as well stand and have a back and forth, whilst he went off and did something useful. Shouldn't take too long to find Dusky, right?

========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2/28/2019 at 3:29 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"Hizhel, Yazma, thank you so much for helping us out," Lin placed herself between the two and respectfully bowed her head with Sen joining in. "We don't have much in the way of payment but we insist on giving you something for your troubles."

Lin quickly opened a gate back to her home village and returned with two small pouches, the sound of clanking indicating small objects contained within. She handed one to Sen, who promptly walked to Hizhel, and the other was brought before Yazma. "A pouch of gemstones. I don't know how much they are worth here but they are valuable to us. Maybe they might fetch a fair price."

"Thank you for the book as well," Sen added. "I'm certain it will be of great help."

Both kitsune were fixated on the gate as it opened, with Hizhel writing down some more in the notebook regarding Lin, as this seemed like some sort of feature that the hybrid, longma female had. Yazma weren't scribbling anything right now, but she'd do so later, since this were fairly interesting for her as well, even though she had seen quite the few kinds of teleportation in her day. The novelty of the act itself had worn out a long time ago, but the varied methods were always a fairly interesting one. Personally, she preferred the *jumping in on yourself* variety, as it also added a good deal of confusion in whoever watched it and had never seen it before, but this were fairly interesting too.

As Lin returned and put the gems in front of the kitsune, the two vixens exchanged an amused look, before flat out starting to laugh.

"They're basically worthless in our society, unless they can be magically infused. If they have value for you, it would be better if you kept them."

This time, it were Yazma who spun her paw and looked on as the two pouched levitated. Within two seconds, they would then proceed to launch over and get stuck on a longma each, who would find that they couldn't be removed. Sure they could change where the pouches sat, but they couldn't break skin contact, and if they opened them, the gems too would just start sticking to them too.

"A fairly simple trickster spell that we teach the youngest kits. You will have to get a set distance away from us before they can be removed again."

"I remember using it on some farmer a few years back. It was hilarious to see him unable to put down that rake again."

The two of them had a good chuckle over this too. Might be they were adults and had responsibilities here, but that didn't mean that they couldn't have a bit of fun. That simply weren't the kitsune way.

"Pleasant stories aside, you too have learned us a good deal, and exposed the faculty for outsiders. I'm sure that will be helpful in out lessons going forward. We welcome you to return if you so wish another time, and perhaps then we can all learn something new."

"Outsiders aren't all that often welcome, so you better believe it's a special chance you're being given here. But yeah, goodbye."

"Farewell, and thank you... For saving my life."

Hizhel's smile got extra big as she heard Rosa say something about how he had gotten patched up. She had started to think that perhaps he weren't gonna be thankful over what was actually a fairly extensive process, so it were great to see that he hadn't decided to be ungrateful after all. It almost made her conjuring that *kick me* sign to stick to his back when everyone had looked elsewhere.

Almost.

When all were said and done, Rosa would wander through the gate slowly, but steadily, and trying not to look like he needed somepony to support himself against. It might help things, but he still had a bit of pride, and wanted to keep that by at least trying to stay on his own four hooves.

Omen would follow along with the two others, with Shrimp curled around most of her neck.

They'd find that there were light inside Stargazer's house, though whatever or not he were actually in there were another question. Might be he were out on patrol or something, but worst case then would be that they had to wait for a little. With the day they all had, it weren't like anypony would be worse off having a little while to sit down and catch their breath, right?

Somepony else would also be coming for the door however. A mailmare, carrying an official looking letter that were supposed to just go into the mailbox, but considering what she were looking at right now, she were just starring at the strange gathering all confused instead. Even for Ponyville this looked weird to her.

===========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Dji

"I have seen the bird phenomenon before. It happens more frequently than you might think.

As for your mention of a spa, I will need details before I agree or disagree on anything. A spa among dragons are a hot spring near a volcano, or in the case of fire dragons, an open pit of molten magma. What does a pony variety include? What is the density of ponies in a given area there? I don't enjoy sitting crammed and being touched when I want to relax."

Nerzhei's idea of a spa were pretty simple, as this were indeed how dragon spas worked. A strange bundle of things that weren't always easy to set up, but it provided a living for the more reclusive, or family focused, rather than having to hunt for gems all the time, and usually the places were well protected by locals who didn't want to see their spot messed with by some outsider who wanted to take it over or destroy it for whatever reason. Something that she doubted happened here, as ponies didn't seem to invade or fight over turf all that often, which then prompted the question: What were they like here?

============================================================================================

@Moonlit @Zephyr / Karou

Ah, so they were getting along it seemed. Exactly what he hoped for, even though it turned out that Serenade were not an actual local. A thing that actually turned to a talking point, which were certainly deli-

Brittle's high pitched screech stopped his line of thought, along with a sudden feeling of something incredibly pointy starting to poke him in the side. He would not be able to see what the others could, but he would know from experience that she had gotten a panic attack from something, and as always when her emotions spiked, she had an uncontrollable transformation. This time she got completely grey, looked like a mixture between a large armadillo made of taffy and a porcupine, and as such, also rolled up as best she could to protect herself instinctively, as ineffective as her current form would make it. The poking sensation in Briar's side were from the porcupine spikes sliding up and in a few cases into his leg and lower body around the same area, which were sadly not of a wrong consistency, and therefore would hurt.

"Brittle? What's wrong? Talk to me please."

The pain didn't register as much as his worry about what had caused her to flip out though, as he couldn't sense anything was wrong around here. Just seemed like a bunch of ponies and then the two of them, near a strange garden. Had something in there happened? Then why weren't there sound, or any sort of sensation from it.

"D-Danger! Big teeth, f-fins, I-I... *whimper*"

This were a bad situation, as he couldn't embrace her right now and try to keep her safe, and he had no idea what she were on about. What sort of monster were here with big teeth and fins?

"I beg of you, can anypony tell me what she's talking about? I can't sense anything resembling what she's talking about."

One that knew what were going on kept quiet, though the flickering had already made the specter prepare to quickly cloak Serenade if needed so they could escape. She didn't know why the costume were failing, nor what these ponies would do to her siren companion if Serenade were found out, but it were likely not something good, and she wanted to try and keep the seemingly harmless siren out of danger.

====================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Wait, we're not supposed to have politics in this?"

Anomaly looked at them beneath a sign she held up saying *Four more crows!", which she then tossed aside where it melted into the wall.

"Lame. I had this big speech about why it was actually the turkeys all along, but I guess that's pointless then."

A large stack of papers were next to her, though if you looked, it weren't full of words, but just pictures and Anomaly making faces.

"Meh, we can talk politics somehwere in private then Lumen, eh? Eh? Come oooon, I know you wanna be my precious little snugglebunny."

The winks and eye rolls were pretty suggestive as Anomaly tried to put the moves on him again. She would've made kissy faces too, but she hadn't any lips, so it would look more like she were gonna eat him, which she weren't!

...Yet. What could she say? Sometimes there was just a little spider tingling in her chest that wanted to come out.

@Blitz Boom

"Ok, ladybug thing! For that, I shall destroy you! Now I just need to guess your weakness."

Lucid placed a big neon sign saying 'Weak to iron, silver, and maybe fire!'

Lumen stared at the sign.

"Hmm... clearly there is no way for me to know her weakness. There's no chance of me figuring out that she is weak to iron, silver, and maybe fire. Guess I can't destroy her then."

Lucid looked over to Anomaly.

"Good thing there is no clear and super obvious way for him to know your weakness, right?"

"We'll have a debate about the crows and ducks later. It'll be on TV and everything!"

"YEAH! ANOMALY FOR PRESIDENT!"

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit

"I-I'm not sure," Zephyr said, glancing at Brittle. She certainly wasn't taking the situation well. "So the scary creature wasn't just a figment of my imagination? Great, we're all gonna die," he thought, his mind going into full defensive mode. "What magic would work on a monster? Heat? I don't know if I can burn something that large. Maybe I could just levitate all of us away if it attacks."

"Umm, Serenade, are you supposed to be... shifting like that?" Sun Fire scratched her neck. "I guess I wasn't imagining it, then," she thought. Sun Fire looked at Serenade as she flickered again. "Hopefully Zephyr doesn't just attack her out of fear. I know he tends to panic easily, but she doesn't seem aggressive."

@Blitz Boom @Zephyr / Karou Serenade stops talking..."Wait, flickering??" She looks back at herself just as her body flickers to her mature Siren body. "Oh....horseshoes..Princess Luna is gonna have my flank for breakfast." She holds up a forehoof, just as she flickers back into a Pegasus. "There is a perfectly logical explanation" The flickering seems to be picking up speed. 

@Blitz Boom

Unexpected.

From what most of Sen and Lin's interactions with other creatures suggested, gemstones are usually considered a valuable alternative to bits. Not so with Kitsune, but they won't argue with them, not with another deadline looming over their heads. Still, the pouches sticking to them grew a little irritating as time would go by but the conditions to undo it was supposedly based on distance. Sen made sure they had everything they needed with them, even Rosa's medicine; it would be a waste of all the effort put in to helping them if they didn't keep up the recovery efforts on their end. 

On the other side of the gate, Lin crossed over first and found themselves right where they need to be. And the light emanating from the inside might suggest their good timing. Once everyone was on the other side, she closed the gate, having regained enough of her strength to perform a task that was previous taxing to her minutes earlier. She walked to the door and knocked three times.

"Hello? Are you there, Stargazer? It's Sen and Lin! We met a while back when we needed directions. Could we talk? It's very important!"

Sen followed suit and proceeded to the door, though upon noticing the mailmare, he backed off and gave her room to pass.

"Oh, sorry. Please, you go on ahead and do what you need to do. Don't mind us."

Lin caught this and moved away, though this also got her attention on the mailmare's delivery. A letter, very official-looking and likely to be the summons for the trial. A good sign if it is what she thinks it is. The timing of all of these events means it could be a way to lead in to the whole conversation, context and all. They could ease Stargazer into it without rushing or leaving details out. It's perfect! 

In the meantime, Sen walked up to Rosa and handed him his medicines. "Hizhel said you need to take this. Once a day for the next three days, each after sunset. It wouldn't be flattering to know someone has to shove these down your throat if you don't want to take them."

======================================================================================================================

@Blitz Boom @Dji

"I was thinking of the usual massages the masseuses do for a lot of customers but now that you mentioned you hate being touched, that really lowers the number of options they have. There's still the steam bath and the hot spring tub. That one is probably the closest you could get to a real hot spring. Aloe and Lotus highly recommend that if you prefer to soak alone, though it isn't really the same thing if it is artificially reproduced."

For most of the day, the spas usually see an influx of customers during the weekends. These days, business is fairly slow, only seeing a few customers at a time. Wouldn't hurt to see a few more ponies come in and out more frequently but only Rarity seems to frequent the place more than once a week. She gets discounts whenever she comes by and the masseuses already know her usuals by heart. As for seeing a dragon at the spa, there have been odd customers every now and then, and Spike stopping by a few times has the staff accustomed to meeting the needs of someone with a dragon's anatomy. Sad Nerzhei wouldn't want to avail of this.

"The spa isn't really crowded until the weekends so there isn't much to worry about. It is possible we might even have the whole place to ourselves! You're more than welcome to join us, Twilight. Unless you have other things to attend to?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"Of sorts," Karmic nodded when her sight returned to normal and she focused properly upon the old general. "It ... I can't really control it. It comes and goes. But I am able to keep its side effects to a minimum. I was with the Serpanther," she growled at this and couldn't exactly keep her composure for a couple of minutes. "But I was getting out in the morning anyway because the guards had enough of my ramblings and wanted me put for one night."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Yes! Roadtrip!" Aurora cheered with a flap of her wings and raised her left foreclaw. She brought it back down and blushed in embarrassment. "Um ... pumpkin head? You said?"

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Oh, no, I'm happy to come along," Twilight smiled with a nod. "We can get to the book discussion later. There's no rush for it," she added as she looked at Nerzhei. "Although, I'm a bit confused if you meant other ponies touching you in a crowded room or touching as in massage touching."

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't wait for Marley to go further away, but loosening the strap and necklace took a long enough moment for him to make it out of getting hit range before she started transforming. It was quick, and after it had finished, Ruby stretched and muttered something in unknown language, and thought there was no way for Marley to understand what she said, it was clear from the tone that she was complaining about something. She was, like she had told before, about twice her pony height from ground to the top of her back when her four legs were stretched straight, and her head which she held up was another pony length above that "It feels so good to get out of that pathetic form" she grinned towards Marley "Now if you excuse me." she then made her way deeper in the forest, but what Marley most likely would be able to notice, was her unexpectedly quiet movement, as she didn't make even close to as much noise as one would assume for creature of her size would make when moving 

-------------------
Nada observed the situation, too taken off guard to react to it before it calmed down a bit, and when it did, she looked at the circling phoenix as she went through her choices for actions. First option was naturally to not to do anything, which was a bad idea, because she didn't want either of the creatures to get hurt, and it was bound to happen if Fah'lina chose to fight the bird, and for the same reason she didn't want to chase the bird away, as only difference was that she was the one possibly getting hurt instead of Fah'lina. So she decided to do the only thing she knew how, and started humming a calming melody, which she hoped would calm the phoenix down.

@Blitz Boom

Not for a lack of trying anyways.  Ultimately it was the nature of the job to get meddled into trouble in one way or another.  Not every criminal wanted to come along quietly, as it were, actually more often than not they didn't at all.  They always ran, or fought back thinking they'd get away.  It had always interested Rising Dusk how often he'd been referred to as meddling, as if they were entitled to be left alone to do they're evil deeds.  So it was a mix of finding trouble and trouble finding him, to be fair it was an equal relationship.  The floor may get jealous, he'll have to be careful.

The kitchen was still cleaning botless, but otherwise not in the terrible disarray he's seen it in before.  Making his way over to the refrigerator to toss the golden ward disc on top of it from his mouth.  He needed to meet this Master  and bring an end to this case sooner rather than later.  The various royalties and other agencies will soon be aware of the situation, but if they're involvement can be avoided it would be for the best.  Even if the back up would be appreciated.  It would also be nice to return the sisters to Ponyville as soon as possible, well after Null's wing surgery that is.

Heading his way out of the kitchen for his last stop, for now, the cleaning room.  Seeing as this was a common napping spot for the young filly, a ward in there would work out well.  Entering the cleaning room he looked for a good spot for the disc, which looked to be on the shelf against he wall with all the cleaning supplies.  Placing the disc on a high enough shelf and behind a soap box, he did a once over of the room to see if he could locate the the mentioned basket sleeping filly and hopefully also a fuzzy spider bot.  Without cake batter of course

@Catpone Cerberus

In all honesty, Marley felt somewhat disappointing by what he saw. Certainly it were interesting to see a dragon emerge from a pony form like that, but after all the hype he had just expected something more... Grand. This however? He had honestly both seen and beaten up dragons larger than this, so physically he weren't all that impressed. That being said, regular dragons could have magic, and as had been clearly shown with Ruby, she had at least some, as she were able to transform, so that may be giving her the edge in an actual fight. He would have to be cautious and observant of such things, just to be sure.

"Scaled things comes in small packages it seems, heh. Worry not about me, I'll just be following and observing for now."

He would give her that she were silent for her size though, which were certainly good for a predator. He would do her the art after and follow in complete stealth mode, though he didn't bother hiding his smell. She were good at that, and he did want her to know where he were, so she didn't end up roasting him by accident, so it seemed smarter to slack off a little.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Fah'lina looked up at the circling bird through the water's surface. It weren't the clearest perhaps, but she could get the shape of the territorial thing who had apparently decided to settle down on her turf. Normally she would chase off an intruder, but phoenixes had proven to be challenging. Mostly she had to annoy them and they just left back to their own area, but as said, this one had decided to settle down. She had seen the start of a nest and everything.

Thoughts on how to deal with this dangerous annoyance were going through her head, and then Nada started to sink. Considering the mimic's previous experience with siren song, and how easy she were to affect since her ears were so large, she responded promptly by swimming to the bottom of the lake to get away from it, and wait out to whenever it were done.

The phoenix in the meantime, finally took notice of the siren and slowly began flapping closer and closer, ignoring the circling pattern over the lake in favor of getting near this one, but cautiously, in case the siren would try to grab him and pull him under.

Eventually, he'd feel bold enough to straight up land on her head, and when he his talons were planted firmly, bend forward to look her in the eyes upside down. His eyes were cautious, but ultimately more curious than that when it came to the strange creature who had started a song. In case she stopped or had stopped singing in the meantime, he'd then poke her on the forehead with the curved, upper side of his beak, clearly wanting to hear more.

========================================================================

@Dji

"An unfortunate situation, though thankfully you didn't get hurt. The guard he assaulted were not so lucky, but the doctors tells me that he will make a recovery once the poison gets out of his system."

"Can't you just cleanse it with magic?"

"Sadly not. I couldn't say why, but the doctors says they have tried and it did not go over well. They thought it best to not share details.

Regardless, both him and the other attacker are in custody, so for the time being, things are calm. I would want to ask you about what we discussed earlier Enzo, but it seems you are busy. Perhaps I can offer some help, or find somepony who can? We have some good scholars in our archives that might be able to offer some assistance if you're trying to scour for anything in particular."

"I need someone who can ready draconian. Little one, do you have a need for something?"

===============================================================================

@Dji

"You didn't see her? It was that weird looking draconequus with the flowers 'round her neck and a big 'ol pumpkin on her shoulders. She were in the desert along with the others. You missed that? Jeez, somepony needs a pair of glasses."

Happy chuckled, but he were seriously surprised at this. Anomaly had been pretty easy to spot among the regular flesh and blood folks there, but of course, the towering sphinx and the lord of chaos did do a lot to just steal all the attention. Might be those two had been enough to keep her eyes peeled, along with the whole *reforming* thing that Onache and himself had gone through.

"Anyway, road trip it is, but not before I get my cart. I ain't leaving my source of bits and assorted other things just lying 'round here. Though... I'm thinking I see a familiar face."

As they had gotten closer, he had bitten notice in a light blue mare with short curled hair in her mane and tail, and a cutie mark resembling a cup of tea with bubbled rising from it. She were looking around the wagon, and down the hole he had gotten nicked from, and seeing as he knew who this were, there weren't much of a chance that she weren't there for him. So he responded by letting out a whistle to get her attention, which he certainly did.

"Bubble Tea, there's a sight for sore eyes. What can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if you had more of those bottles of scotch you sold me yesterday? It turned out to be a bigger seller than I had anticipated. Are you okay though? The scene here doesn't look all that well."

"Eh, nothing much to write home about. Weird things happens y'know? Anyway, I'll sort you out with a case, just gimme a minute."

He'd go into the wagon and start finding what he were looking for after that, leaving Bubble Tea the inn keeper and Aurora behind for the time being. Shouldn't be long.

"So... Are you his assistant? Or perhaps marefriend?"

==============================================================================

@Dji @EQ_Theta

"In Dragon Land, it's simple: Trying to relax means you want to be left alone. Trying to touch someone in a moment of relaxation is akin to flirting, and I have never held interest in a brutish bunch of muscles without brains. Something which I have repeatedly had to show."

There weren't much words did for you in Dragon Land, when you weren't one in charge. If you wanted others to listen to you when you were low on the pole like Nerzhei were, the only way were to get physical, and pin someone up against a wall or something for a little while, whilst growling straight in their face. Even the most dimwitted understood that gesture, though for ponies that would likely be seen as some kind of hyper aggressive assault. Among her kind however, it were just the natural order of things, and more akin to a pony saying *No*.

"That is among dragons though. Here it would be ponies, and they wouldn't aim to court you, but just ease your muscles."

"It doesn't take away from the fact that I do not like being touched while I'm trying to empty my head."

"Then don't think of it as ponies bothering you while you're calm. Think of it as a... First hand learning experience in how ponies relax, and their effects on dragons."

Lyriel admitted that it sounded somewhat thin, and her voice were not filled with confidence as she tried to spin this in a more favorable light to the dragon, yet as Nerzhei went silent and trying to think this over, she did get a glimmer of hope that this might actually have worked to some degree.

"...Fine. But I reserve the right to respond to anything improper with growls.

As for the question in a crowded room, I don't care much, as this place is impossible to traverse without ending up hitting someone eventually. It's still irritating, but it's tolerable, and I can humor the delusion that it means some sort of tolerance to my presence when anyone's willing to stand that close."

=================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Soon as the portal closed, they would find that the link between the kitsune and themselves had been cut, and the pouches of gemstones would fall flat on the ground like nothing had happened. The drop too much for the mailmare, who just wandered cautiously over to the door, and knocked on it twice before putting it through the opening in the door meant for it. She could stick around and make sure, but... No, just no. She were outta here.

She flew off just after that, muttering something about *the others won't believe this* and wouldn't look back, even though her paranoia told her that turning her back on a bunch of potential crazies were a very bad idea. But she wasn't the law, just their messenger, so this were an issue for them to deal with, and there were still a chunk of Solar Guards in this town who could. Some of which she had to deliver some other letters too actually, so she better get to work.

Behind the door, some movement were heard, and a muffled voice, but nothing beyond that yet, as the recipient inside first took note of the letter, which gave Rosa a chance to respond to what Sen had presented him with.

"I would argue... Against it, since they like... Pranking others, but I guess... That wouldn't work now. Just wait until the sun... Actually sets first. Still a bit of... Light outside."

It weren't just that he didn't like to take medication. It also had something to do with the kitsune being known for liking to meddle with others, regardless of the situation, and he wouldn't be surprised if these were either placebos, or carried some kind of weird side effects just so that they could have a laugh on his behalf.

Still, he were too beaten up to argue against it, and as things stood now, Sen could possibly take him in a fight, and force this down his gullet, so why bother resisting? Might as well just embrace it, and hope whatever it were didn't do something too horrid to him.

That being said, the door finally started to open, and behind it, a filly looked up at Lin, then around at the other creatures with curious eyes behind the tinted glasses, and a big smile on her lips. In the collar of her little jacket, the letter that had just been delivered were stuck, and ready to pass along to her dad as soon as she could.

Q5TnoPc.png

"Hello, I'm Jelly Drop. Are you here to talk to my daddy? He's making a cage right now, but this looks important."

"Who is your... Father, little one?"

The filly looked concerned up towards the tired looking bat pony, worried if he were feeling alright.

"My daddy is Stargazer, the best Night Guard in all of Equestria. Are you okay mister?"

"I'm fine. Could you go... Tell him that we need to speak to him?"

"Uhuh. Daaaad! We got company."

She'd run back and leave the door open whilst she fetched her father. At which point, Rosa started to take a tentative step back, unsure of how to handle the fact that he weren't just going to finally see the brother he had only ever vaguely read about, but that said brother also had a daughter. A halfblood by the looks of things, as no pure blooded bat pony naturally had those colors, though Rosa didn't really care about that, as much as whatever it were right of him to barge into their lives like this. It weren't just one life he were gonna end up interfering with now after all, but two. Potentially more, if he had more offspring or a wife.

================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

He's find her outside the kitchen area, towards the bathroom, laying as were mentioned in a basket of laundry. It were a right annoyance for Molotov to have to wash these again sometimes when she had gotten really dusty, but it helped calm her down and really get a few hours in here and there, so he welcomed it regardless. Could be tough getting her some sleep without giving her something laced with a sleeping aid of some kind, and if she didn't, she'd shut down. Their momma would roll in her grave if she knew he let that sorta thing happen.

On top of her, sat Carmen. She might not be able to sleep, but she could conserve power by going into a sleep-like state, and since the filly tended to have needs of eyes being on her, she had figured that this was as good a place as any to just slow down her processors and essentially rest. Neither would wake up from the presence of Dusky, but just keep going on. It were kinda cute, if you didn't have a fear or dislike for large, fuzzy spiders that were.

The officer would soon enough be found by Molotov who'd go over and stand next to him, and looking down on the two troublemakers.

"You almost forget what terrors they are when they're awake, right?"

Back in the main room, Null and Void would've gone over into a corner to talk in private about the whole ordeal with the wings and mechanical parts, leaving the rest to do as they pleased, under overview supervision of Felicia. If they were about to touch something that were going to be dangerous, she'd stop it, but other than that she didn't much care for what they did. She'd still observe them all relentlessly though. She were still a guard robot after all.

===============================================================================

@Moonlit @Zephyr / Karou

In a desperate attempt to get some idea of what were going on, Briar narrowly opened his eyes, before shutting them down again almost immediately, and holding his right front hoof up to his temple to combat the pain that had caught him. How he longed for the day when he had gotten eased into things enough where these colors and sights did not overload his senses.

"With the greatest of respect to everypony involved, what is going on? And what is there a perfectly rational explanation for?"

Certainly the air around Serenade were blowing erratically, but it were too inconsistent to tell him anything. Were a spell going wrong? Were she secretly another changeling who had issues changing forms? Did she were a strange hat that kept wandering around her being? He didn't know, and in his uncertainty, he were feeling worried about what danger might actually stand in front of them, which he for some reason could not sense.

=============================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"If I were president, I'd have you So arrested for making that sign, you big meaniepants."

She pulled her tongue at him, which then also pulled it's own tongue, and so on and so forth until a part were near enough him, at which point it'd grow a hand and poke him on the nose. That'd teach him.

"How about I tell him All of Your weaknesses then, huh? Like uhm... Well, obviously..."

She thought and she thought, with loud gears grinding being heard from somewhere within her.

"This is not fun when you have nothing. Have to be something though, like... This!"

Out of nowhere, a big, fluffy puppy landed on Lucid. It's long, green hair would make anypony allergic to dogs terrified by the mere chance of it ever touching them, and now, Lucid would feel the true terror of fear! Or at least he'd get an ear full of dog drool, as it were licking him around that area. That should teach him too, that nopony got into a war with Anomaly, the ruler of the asylum! Muahahahaha!!!

@Blitz Boom

Lucid looked at the dog for a moment and then gave it a treat.

"So, what exactly is this dog supposed to do?"

"What's the dog's name?"

"Yeah! What's his name?"

Lumen was very annoyed by this.

"Hey! Pay attention to me! I'm trying to find ways to destroy you!"

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit

"She's sort of... shifting to a different form and back," Sun Fire said to Briar. It wasn't the same way a changeling changed form, so she wasn't entirely sure what was going on. She just knew that she didn't really feel threatened at the moment, and she thought of herself as a pretty good judge of character. "So, what exactly is happening?" Sun Fire asked Serenade. She glanced at Zephyr and flicked him with her tail to grab his attention before he could cast any crazy spells.

As it happens, Zephyr actually had been about to use his magic. To do what, he wasn't sure. He had felt the magic building up in his horn, almost on its own, before Sun Fire snapped him out of it. He looked at his sister and back to Serenade. Sun Fire certainly didn't seem scared of the strange pony / monster thing, and while Zephyr trusted her judgment, it still did little to curb his panic. Even so, he carefully pulled the magic from his horn and tried to calm his breathing.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby could sense Marley following her, luckily we are on the right side of the wind so he won't ruin everything. she thought to herself as she sneaked further into the forest, her movement making it clear that this was the type of terrain was where she thrived. A second scent of a bear had now mixed in the air, and in the direction she was going, there could be heard roars of two angry bears, Ah, rival at lunch, well, I guess it's the lucky day for the weaker one. She finally stopped to a spot where she could see her pray, she had clear vision, but she had chosen her spot carefully so the two bears wouldn't be able to see the bright red predator in the shadows. The bears were two different sizes, both bigger than a pony, or a even a griffon really, but the one seemingly defending the dead carcass was clearly a smaller one.

Ruby planned for a moment, this one was too big for her to just bite into, so she needed to think how she should do this, but it didn't take longer than a moment, and soon enough Ruby charged from her hiding place, as quietly as she had moved until this point, and just snatched the bigger bear with her claws and disappearing back to the forest, leaving the smaller bear looking startled and confused, until it smelled the air and got it's guard up, clearly sensing what just went past it. Somewhere nearby the sound of panicking bear was cut short, followed by annoyed "Shut up.", which Marley may or may not have been able to hear, depending on his distance.

----------------------------

Nada didn't stop her humming when the phoenix landed on her, knowing that it wasn't yet calm and instead just curious, which didn't surprise her, since her singing didn't have any magic in it, so it's effect wouldn't be so immediate. But she also knew that generally wild animals seemed to get effected by songs regardless, so it was only question of patience when the bird either got tired or just left. She started adding lyrics to the melody, and soon it sounded what could be only described as lullaby for birds.