Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit

"Alright. We'll see you two in a bit, then," Sun Fire said, glancing at Brittle before turning to follow Serenade at a more relaxed pace. As she walked, she let her thoughts wander however they wanted, and the unfinished melodies came flowing back into her mind. She hummed the fragments lightly as they popped into her head, stitching them together as she went along.

Zephyr nodded to Briar and hurried to catch up to his sister. He did feel kind of bad about being so quick to judge Serenade, but he was still wary about trusting someone he didn't know. Now that he had calmed down and could think clearly, Serenade didn't seem hostile, but living in Manehattan for years made him question the intentions of others quite a bit. He shook his head. "I'll giver her a chance, but I still need to be careful." He looked at his sister, who was lost in her own little world at that moment. "I don't know how Sun Fire can trust others so easily, especially after everything she's been through. It doesn't make sense." Zephyr sighed. "Maybe I'm being unfair, but I'm reluctant to trust her wholeheartedly. It's hard to trust someone I'm scared of."

@Blitz Boom, @EQ_Theta

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

”Royal duties?” Twilight asked in shock before chuckling nervously, waving to Fluttershy and Lyriel as they left. “Um, that would be a no. I don’t really have any royal duties, per se, the mayor still technically runs the town. There’s a map of Equestria down the all that summons my friends and I by glow8ng cutie marks where we have to solve friendship problems. Unless that is my royal duty?”

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

“Eventually, yes,” Karmic said hesitantly, not looking up from the book she was holding in her hooves. However, her body was locked in place. “They ... they eventually do, yes,” she repeated. “I’m sure they will accept. I’m sure they won’t run you out of town and leave you homeless.”

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

“We only shares a few sentences,” Aurora mumbled and looked between Bubble Tea and Happy. “Are you two an item? She asked if I was your mate,” she told Happy, slipping into the way griffins spoke about significant others.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

“Ooh um ... that’s back in Ponyville. Do you have anything you need to take care of here?” Watts asked nervously as she stopped walking and looked towards the town of Ponyville. “Because I still need to get a few odds and ends.”

@Rising Dusk

"I g-guess that w-would do it. He sounded v-very petty when we h-heard about him."

She were pretty sure that the officer wasn't telling her everything, and that in some way, it really were Null and her's fault that Twisted had set his sight on this city, but she appreciated him trying to shield it from her. The situation were making her nervous enough without being hit by the blunt hammer of reality, and she really would prefer not to break down and starting to cry right now. Not in front of these ponies, and especially not when Null were trying to stay focused on her getting fitted for a wing.

She could hear her sister were not enjoying this from the growl escaping her throat at being poked at her stump and down her spine, which the stallion seemed to wholly ignore as he went on with it with a small whistle. Guess this were how he worked then, huh? Well... He seemed a lot nicer when he were focused on that, rather than speaking to somepony, that were for sure. Perhaps Null would be able to tolerate him through this if that kept up.

However, that were between them. She needed to keep focus on the officer, who had to deal with a highly dangerous wilderness witch from Harrowmark assaulting his town, who he apparently couldn't find.

"Uhm... You know a l-lot of magic, right? Would uhm... I-I mean, could you t-track him or p-prepare something if y-you had something of his? We s-still have some of his s-stuff."

Not surprisingly, Void didn't really understand how magic worked, or what the potential limitations of it could be. She just knew that Null and her nullified it when it got near them, or got suppressed if it was evil like curse magic, or really powerful, like the wall around Canterlot. That had broken a hole in it when the two of them had briefly tried to enter there once, and though they had turned around afraid of what the backlash would be if they got caught, Void had seen it repair the couple of holes again once they were out of its radius.

Essentially, she didn't know what could be done with magic, or how powerful some of it were, but Rising were a powerful user of magic that could even use it to counter out other types of magic, albeit with it draining him quite a bit. If anypony could use something about a cursed item's creator against himself, surely it'd be him. At least of the ponies that she knew of here in Equestria, which were admittedly not a long list.

"I-If not that, is t-here anything else we c-could do to help? E-Equestria welcomed us. I think we s-should try to h-help it too then, r-right?"

=================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Rosa would wander through slowly after the longma siblings, with Omen following troop after that. He could feel her unblinking gaze fixated on him, though for what reason he really couldn't say. Normally he would assume pity because of his injuries, but this mare were different since she seemed to have a reduced understanding of how to see or express feelings, and as such, it might as well just be her trying to wrap her head around why he walked like that, rather than pity or a need to keep an eye on him. There were little doubt in his mind that if he asked, she would just tell him, but he honestly did not care about it. Whatever her reasons for doing what she did, let it be what it were for now. He were too tired to debate it.

The place the siblings took them too were a nice, secluded part of a cave by all accounts. A perfect place to lay low and lick ones wounds, provided there were no bears in the area, but he would try and trust it when Lin said there were nothing of the kind around. It was pretty strange how that was the case really, since at the very least this should have become a safe haven for some kind of prey animal seeking to get away from the violence, yet stranger things had happened, so there were really no point in thinking more about it.

His legs felt like they were filled with lead as he finally had a chance to sit down, and observe as Omen and Shrimp helped setting up a camp fire. Mainly that were just Omen gathering what loose wood she could see with her long tongue and stacking it up nearby, and Shrimp - having just reawakened - looking at it an deciding to slither down on the ground, where he'd gather hold of a few small branches with his maw and go over to present it to the pile. It were little more than kindling, but even Rosa found himself getting a bit of a smile on his face just from seeing how proud the little thing appeared to be at helping, even in his own, small way.

"I couldn't say what... Will happen. I wandered into this... Expecting to be put in a prison cell... Until the trail, and having to... Speak my case from behind bars. I think... He wants to be happy that he haves... Some family members, but he's a guard through an through, and we're... Criminals. It won't be easy... To accept either of us, even if... Filigree is worse.

I think that when... The trial is over, he will confront me... With my own sins, and tell me that he needs to... Find out if it's true what I said, about... King Thorax. A guard like that needs to... Know who they can trust, and I'm standing on thin... Ice. Having verified by Thorax that I'm... Helping to bring down my old homestead, should lend... Me some credence, though the king is still young and... Idealistic. Stargazer might think the king just... have a veil over his eyes. Only time will... Tell at this point.

One way or another though, I... Know that I will be properly arrested at some point, and... Taken to trial. Trust and family is one thing, but... Responsibility is another, and we both know that... I'll have to talk my case, and get a proper judgement... Before he can even consider letting me into his life. It's okay though. I've... Known this day would come soon after Filigree... Would be caught, one way or another. Hopefully I will be able to... Talk myself into a short sentence."

Talking at length like this were somewhat painful at this point, as his whole body felt like ti were getting weighed down, and the energy just drained out of him. Within the next few minutes he'd be knocked out and fast asleep on the ground, unable to wake up for at least the next half dozen hours, so if Sen had something to add back to him, it would have to be somewhat quick, or Rosa would just fall asleep halfway through.

============================================================================================

@Zephyr / Karou @Moonlit

It would be about five-six minutes before Briar would show up, with the now normally shaped Brittle following not at his side, but behind him, and making sure to keep the evergrown between herself and Serenade. Just seeing that she were in the vicinity of the hidden siren once again got her to halt and just shiver there, making it impossible for Briar to get much closer. A small blessing really, as he could still feel a few spikes that he needed to pull out with his vine, and this were a good chance to do so.

"My sincerest apologies for the delay. The situation were... Delicate. And before we proceed, I must regrettably ask that you do not attempt to near Brittle. I hope that in due time that can change, yet for now, I ask that you kindly accept this distance at which she feels at least somewhat secure. Furthermore, I would like to stress this is not a harsh judgement upon you by her, miss Serenade. She have had some... Troubling years that have led to an increased sense of fright when it comes to other beings in general. What you see is a result of that, especially when faced with one that have certain... Predatory traits.

Regardless, have we missed something of notice in our absence?"

===========================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Unhealthy? hah! We reeeeally need to teach you some more stuff about draconequui, snuggles. At least where I'm from, draconequui eats Loads of sugary stuff because they're delicious, makes us all hyper, and we don't gain weight. See?"

Anomaly snapped to summon a chocolate cake three times larger than the one he were holding, and chomped it down in one large, over-sized chomp. And as were shown, she didn't even get a sweat, or a bulging stomach, or anything else. Granted she had both the benefit of being a draconequus and her own ever-changing biology working in her favor, but wasn't that kind of the point? Eh, who cared. The lesson involved cake. All that mattered.

"Metabolism of an incinerator, hehe. You wanna have a go at that too? I could fix up your stomach in a quick snip, and you'd never have to worry about a diet again! Though you'd get a real sick craving for chicken feet, but y'know, that's obvious."

========================================================================================

@Dji

The look that Nerzhei gave Twilight would carry equal parts confusion and disbelief in what she were hearing.

"So let me see if I understand this correctly. You're royalty, but without any ruling duties, and you use your unimaginably potential powers to solve problems - along with your companions - that involve friendship?"

She rose her good hand to pres a her thumb and index finger against her temple, whilst her eyes pressed together in pain. Migraines tended to befall her when she heard something that were just too foolish to sit well with her, and this were making her mentally slam her head repeatedly into a wall.

"I am going to need a book on how your governing system works, because even from what I grew up learning about ponies, I cannot believe that to actually be a thing."

=========================================================================================

@Dji

"It sounds as if you speak from experience. You hold my sympathy for that, as well as my gratitude for an illuminating answer."

It were no guarantee, but it sounded as if the mare spoke from the perspective of one who had experienced rejection herself, though if it had gotten to the point of acceptance yet, were not known to Enzo. Seeing what were yet unwritten were a gift and a curse which few of those who did not possess such a thing could comprehend, and the lesser races were prone to shunning what they did not understand. He would not be amazed if she had found her life uprooted because of that, yet as he were not one who could see into past or future, as he were no oracle, perhaps he just read too much into this. Time may yet tell.

========================================================================================

@Dji

Happy started laughing when he were asked whatever or not he were a couple with Bubble Tea.

"Oh, I gave it a shot, but she don't swing that way, if you catch my drift. 'Sides, I'm liking her as a customer more than anything, since she's buying a right ton of the good stuff that it ain't easy to sell to farm folk.

Lemme guess, she asked you the same thing, eh? Right curious sort that gal, and blunt as a mace to the face, so it wouldn't surprise me."

Whilst talking, Happy had gotten all set up and ready to move along, wagon on his shoulder and everything. Soon as he got the sign, he were ready to get on the road again.

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Heh, a dragon indeed. Ponies never laid like this unless something were wrong, say if they had been knocked out. Dragons however, he did see act like this, though why he couldn't say. He ended just assuming that it had something to do with their wings getting in the way.

They would have about a half hour to relax, in which time Marley had spend the majority enjoying some light meditation, and enjoying the relative silence.

Something which were interrupted without warning all of a sudden, as something which could not be sensed grabbed them from nowhere, and dragged them back with surprising force.

They'd find themselves suddenly falling a few inches down on each their own fluffy green pillow in an otherwise empty room with wooden walls, just a second later. The only trace there were of them having ever been taken by an entity being an ethereal sounding giggle that would linger for about a second more after their dropoff, and the coin they had been given earlier removed. Payment for their travel, as Scarcity had told them.

If Ruby had her senses on high alert at the time, she might be able to sense a faint whiff of roasted chestnuts, but beyond that these creatures would have left no trace, neither before, during, or after the abduction.

It were yet another reason Scarcity enjoyed her deal with them. To a mare who were valued highly for arranging many things and deal with unfortunate circumstances without leaving something behind, untraceable couriers like this were worth far more than most would imagine, and were well worth the trouble it were to get them on speaking terms.

If they looked to the side, they'd find that Spicy had also shown up, and were currently giving off a bit of a shiver.

"I'm never getting used to that."

"So we meet again boss. Are you prepared for the auction?"

"Yeah, got stuff ready before I got yanked away. You doing alright over there Ruby?"

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The strange mare smiled at the cautious siren, as questions got aimed at her regarding her being. Another timid child of the great ocean it seemed, yet one who she could understand and who wished to be informed, rather than immediately settle on the mare being some kind of enemy.

"I am Lyriel. Last daughter of the Silver Valley, and recently moved in guardian of the Everfree Forest.

My kind are called dryads. Children of the Earth Mother, and protectors of nature. My normal form are more akin to what you know as humans, but I have chosen to regrow myself in this shape to blend in with the ponies whom have so kindly found it in their hearts to welcome me.

I can assure you that I mean you no harm, daughter of the sea. You are not a threat to the forest, and I have seen for myself that you do not take more than you can use, so you don't waste what have so generously been given to us all by the Earth Mother either. Your presence is most welcome in my domain."

I arrived here to see if among the chaos the poor animals have found themselves in after the formation of the desert, Fah'lina were still okay. From what she tells me, you two have both been involved in quite the adventure with Agni. That is the name of the phoenix you handled so well before. I hope he will learn to remember that, rather than the experience he had with the pony who left him behind.

But I speak and speak with no end. Please, ease your worries and speak freely yourself, daugther of the tides."

@Blitz Boom

"Hmm... y'know I think I'll stop becau-"

"Hold on! You can't stop being evil yet, it will make my author look lazy and stuff."

"Yeah! We gotta make you reformed in a really cool way! Then after that, you'll be allowed to like Anomaly."

"Right, I almost forgot about that."

Novia looked over to Anomaly to figure out the best way to reform him.

"Hey, Anomaly! Any idea on how to reform him without making my author look lazy and stuff?"

@Blitz Boom

"I suppose... if this King Thorax has connections outside of the Changelings' home, that might give them some considerations. Maybe he can vouch on your behalf, even get you a shorter sentence. What you're doing to make up for your past has to count for something, right? I don't think we'd know how it will go until it happens. But what you need now is rest; I won't bother you any further. Sleep well, Rosa."

Sen had been fixated on the conversation that he didn't notice Omen and Shrimp helping out around camp. Even the little things they did made smile; perhaps there is more knowledge he can impart if something like basic survival skills could stick. Lin was grateful for the help as well, feeling the workload lighten with their contributions. She proceeded to open a gate, and after a few minutes, return with a small assortment of food. Setting them down nearby, she'd pick up a few more sticks and stones gathered around the fire pit and sat by, laying out some flint to get the fire going. 

"Thanks for the help, Omen. You too, Shrimp. This camp is just about ready. Want to light the fire?"

"Oh, and Sen? I left a message for Elder Ghilan back at his home. He's probably worried sick about us being gone for several days. I let him know we are fine and we'd likely be gone for a few more days, just enough to finish our business here."

The longma nodded as he joined the others, eagerly awaiting what comes next. Despite this, his talk with Rosa has him uneasy. It just wasn't something to dismiss, about what will happen to their friend once the trial is over. Stargazer was intent to bring Rosa in but their conversation likely left a lot of confusion and doubt when it should have brought certainty. Even Lin has some doubts about a happy ending just from eavesdropping what bits of conversation she heard.

"I'm worried about Rosa."

"He made peace with the possibility of being locked up. If that is what will happen, we have to respect that, especially since we can't fight the law. We don't have the influence to do something as big as that. We're worth nothing to them; nothing we say will convince the court take it easy on our friend." 

"I know, but he wants to make up for his past, did what he could before we met him. Locking him up takes away his chance to do right by those he wronged. Where's the justice in that?"

"They'll say differently. One less criminal out in the world will ease their troubled minds. I don't want Rosa locked up but we're against giants here. Their laws are not our laws. Their form of justice isn't like ours. We look out for our friends and we'll do what we can, but this might be one of those times where it won't be enough." 

The two remained silent, pondering on the coming day and beyond. It wouldn't make sleeping any easier, just raising more questions to run through their minds throughout the evening. Omen probably might find the topic confusing but while Sen and Lin are still awake, they'd be ready to answer any questions she may have over a meal. Nightfall has just about arrived and they'd be preparing for dinner. 

@Blitz Boom
When Ruby was grabbed, her instincts told her to transform and attack whatever it was, but thankfully for everyone, she realized that this was most likely what they were waiting for, and focused on keeping her calm. Her senses had of course gone for high alert, since her instincts had thought she was being attacked, but she didn't really pay attention to the smell of chestnuts, as it didn't seem like a natural smell of a creature. And naturally she could also tell that Spicy was with them before she spoke, even though the smells of Marley and Spicy were slightly obscured by the faint smell of fear that both were sending out due getting taken by surprise.

Ruby fixed her mane and rubbed her face tiredly "Yeah, I'm fine." "Just a bit annoyed by being woken up from a nap like that." 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada listened as Lyriel spoke, she had no idea what 'human' was, but the talk about 'Earth Mother' was a bit familiar, though the memory was from so long ago that she didn't remember much, just that it wasn't a new thing. She of course started trusting this creature more right away after she had said she wasn't actually a pony, and that change in her mind was visible through her expressions too "It's nice to meet you Lyriel, I may have met your kind at some point before, but it is so long time ago that I don't remember anything about it." "Oh, and my name is Nadanna Adratina, Nada for short." she then remembered something, and felt like she probably should mention it to this, 'Guardian of the Everfree forest', she rubbed her neck "I feel like I should apologize about a one thing though." "That being the lake without fish that I left behind after living there quite a while."

@Blitz Boom

Petty was one way of putting it, and while it could be understandable since Rising Dusk was breaking his things, the fact that these things were harming ponies, it couldn't be stood for.  A flash of his dream last night went through the forefront of his memory, causing his ear to flick as that chill of being watched ran through him.  How odd... normally the detective had a firm control of his memories, only coming up when called for.  His gaze drifted to his sides, the floor and ceiling all while listening to Void.  His senses detected nothing out of the ordinary.  Filing that away for later.

It to clear to Rising Dusk that Void wanted to help, which was sweet enough for her.  She'd fit in well here in Equestria.  The detective had already seen the signature of Twisted Gears.  So just like the story he told Molotov about his case in Las Pegasus, if he happened across a pony using magic, he'd be able to pick them out in a heart beat and match the signatures.  Using one of Twisted's relics in a scry spell to find him would work, but he'd have to recruit in another unicorn for that.  The only way the detective himself could track a pony by using one of their artifacts would be if the caster was still connected to it in some way.  Mostly common in artifacts that served as remote alarms or intel collections.  It never hurt to try and at least it could help Void feel like she helped in the case.  It wouldn't be too difficult to just look at the spell work of these items and see if anything was connected.  The flowers around the city were connected to Twisted, but he'd been careful to guard against the detective tracing back too far.  A lesson learned he figured by the poke in the eye to the witch by tracing back her scry spell.  Would he have thought to do that for even his oldest of relics?

"It wouldn't hurt to try," he told the older sister with a smile.  There is always other bits of help that could be provided, but it was part of job to keep citizens out of harm's way as much as possible.  He'd have to think on his hoofs and see if the aid they could provide would be appropriate.  However, he must also be prepared to tell them to run and not look back should things go wrong. 

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit

Zephyr shook his head. "It's been pretty uneventful. For the past couple of minutes, anyway." He actually hadn't been paying too much attention to anything around him because he was too busy looking back and forth between Serenade and his sister, who was still humming quietly to herself while intently studying the unusually prolific tree in the garden. Zephyr was so busy watching the other two that he had failed to notice the small bubble creatures from the fountain that had hidden themselves underneath him. A particularly friendly one had nestled itself into his mane and was busy coating his bright sun-colored mane in a glossy sheen.

@Rising Dusk

"O-Okay, I just uhm... A s-second please."

It was good to hear that there were perhaps something that they could do to help the town before the assault got out of hoof, but unfortunately, all their cursed items were sealed up so to say, at their room in the inn. Which meant having to wander over there to get it, which might right now not just be unsafe, but also presented Void with a question she that really weren't timed, yet necessary: What about Null?

Wandering around without her sister were always something that made Void even more uncomfortable than she already were, as she didn't have the strength of will or spirit to be able to confront things that often, or even deal with harassers or potential attackers. At best she'd go into a panic and flail around wildly, which tended to happen more if she were being targeted whilst alone.

That being said however, it were hard enough to convince Null to go here to seek help as it were, and if she dragged her along, Void didn't know if she could get her sister to return anytime soon. And who knew what might happen if a long period of time went on? Might be that Molotov got hurt, mad, or didn't want to work with wings anymore for some reason, as just a few examples that came off the top of her head. Taking Null away now just to make herself feel safer would be selfish, yet she still needed to convince her sister to let her go away right now too if it were... Oh, how were she going to get this solved?

"Alright, that should just about get it done with the first step. Weren't bad, eh?"

"Whatever. Now what?"

"Now's the fun part. We're gonna weigh you."

Void could almost hear the death glare the stallion got from saying that, but as she looked over, it were clear that he didn't care two bits about that. Honestly, if she left these two on their own, she feared coming back to Null standing on top of him and trying to stomp him into the ground. Sadly not the first time that would have happened, yet here and now, that seemed incredibly bad.

"I can't even start thinking about the wiring, plating, and the form of your prosthetic before I know what sorta weight class you're in. Too heavy or too light weight, and you'll just tilt to the side, or be unable to move. So we're gonna weight you, see what you can lift, strength in your current wing, etc. etc. It'll be a riot."

"Is that all?"

The sarcasm dripped from Null's voice as she were being told by this annoying stallion what to do. A smart cookie certainly, but by the ancients were he annoying. What she wouldn't give right now for a big roll of duct tape and a mallet...

"All? Hah! Aren't you just precious? That right there's just to get the boundaries set. After that, we're gonna go into the real science. It'll be hours of fun."

"Uhm, if y-you do that, we'll g-go outside. J-Just for a little bit, I s-swear."

Molotov didn't seem to mind all that much, as he were scribbling down some stuff in a notebook he had gotten from under his workbench, but Null's gaze were on them like a hawk. Yet as could be expected, mainly pointed towards Rising, as she assumed right away that he were trying to pull something here.

"W-We just need to know if t-the things at the i-inn is safe, and m-move them around a little. It w-won't be good if T-Twisted gets h-his things back. It's a s-short trip."

Void send a pleading glance towards Rising to try and make him support her on this, though there wouldn't go any time before they got interrupted by Molotov, who seemed to get what way this were going to at least some degree, and figured this right here were a good time to try and help out Null, and potentially getting some brownie points with Void. Might go a long way.

"Grand. You go do that, and I'll have the time and focus to get Null here sorted. Who knows? Might be able to get something done within the next 20 hours or so if I get the time to really pinpoint the brainwaves on this project."

=================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

He listened much as he could to what Sen said, but there wouldn't be much time for it, as Rosa soon enough conked out and fell flat on the dirt. There wouldn't have to be a worry about waking him up with too much noise anytime soon, though they may want to watch out to not accidentally step on him.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:02 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"Thanks for the help, Omen. You too, Shrimp. This camp is just about ready. Want to light the fire?"

"Oh, and Sen? I left a message for Elder Ghilan back at his home. He's probably worried sick about us being gone for several days. I let him know we are fine and we'd likely be gone for a few more days, just enough to finish our business here."

Omen didn't even look at the flint as she didn't know what it were for, and instead started to look down on the little refraction, who after being told he did a good job, had started swaying/dancing a little and chirping joyfully. That would last until Omen started to slowly poke him, and he let out a confused hiss, before wrapping himself around her hoof and starting to bite it, thinking that this were playtime. His teeth  might not be too long, but they were both plentiful and sharp, and if Omen were able to easily feel or understand pain, this would have been mildly painful.

Instead she just calmly put the refraction towards the campfire.

"Fire?"

Shrimp just kept up his assault, and didn't react to what she were saying before she put him closer the the unlit thing. At that point, he'd turn on the pile of wood, lean backwards with a hiss, and slither away to embrace whatever piece of fruit that had been laid out for him to feast on, leaving the mare to just look at Lin whilst pointing at the little thing.

"Shrimp do not want to."

She had seen the refraction breathe fire before, so she figured that this were what had been meant when Lin asked if she wanted to start the fire. Turns out that she had understood things about as well as Shrimp had, when the fire would eventually get turned on. If it were done by the flint, she would look closely to try and learn what were going on there, so that she might try to do that herself sometimes.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:02 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"I'm worried about Rosa."

"He made peace with the possibility of being locked up. If that is what will happen, we have to respect that, especially since we can't fight the law. We don't have the influence to do something as big as that. We're worth nothing to them; nothing we say will convince the court take it easy on our friend." 

"I know, but he wants to make up for his past, did what he could before we met him. Locking him up takes away his chance to do right by those he wronged. Where's the justice in that?"

"They'll say differently. One less criminal out in the world will ease their troubled minds. I don't want Rosa locked up but we're against giants here. Their laws are not our laws. Their form of justice isn't like ours. We look out for our friends and we'll do what we can, but this might be one of those times where it won't be enough." 

"Master Discord hurt a lot of ponies. He is free. Rosa helps too and he can also go free, yes?"

Omen understood basically nothing of the Equestrian justice system, and hadn't the faintest clue about neither the prisoner reformation and reintegration programs, nor the concept of being worth more free than locked up. Discord had managed to get a pass partly because imprisoning him would be more or less impossible, and because he could do a whole lot more good if he were reformed and out in the wild. With the papers Rosa had that could work against one of the more sinister spy agencies, as well as his continued usage for King Thorax, he might end up having some degree of good will here that could lead to if not a pardon, then perhaps a sentence somewhere that weren't completely fenced in, so that he could be of use in some way himself.

Now, Omen didn't get that. To her, she could just see her master being free and think that it were because he were helping now, which perhaps meant that everything was okay now.

"What do Longma do when others do bad things? You say ponies are wrong, so you do it right? How? Does it work?" 

============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I can assure you that you never get used to it. Always gives me a most unpleasant jolt down the spine."

"Makes my feathers tingle, but eh, what're ya gonna do about it, right? It works, and we're here. Now get up and let's go see the show."

The two of them had risen and whilst Ruby adjusted some cards that had fallen out from her wings, Marley went on to preen himself as little and correct his head feathers to make himself presentable.

"Actually, the first order of business will be a search if I am not mistaken."

"Yes, that is true."

The door to the outside opened just as they were speaking, and a lanky pony-sized dragon wearing a custom made suit over his purple and lime-green scales wandered in, holding what seemed like a rock and a clipboard with a pen dangling from a rough string up the top right corner. He glanced at the lot of them through a pair of small glasses with silver frames, and a look that were professional in it, though his voice and personality seemed to speak of one who were rather nervous.

If one were to look closely, they'd be able to see a lot of runes carved vaguely into his scales here and there. Not something that were shown prominently, but perhaps something that were akin to superficial tattoos, just more suited for a dragon.

"I have been sent here to make sure that all you are- I mean, that everything is in order. You can call me Morrow if need be, and if my information is right, I'm speaking with the griffon Marley, Spicy Rolls the pegasus and a mare by the name of... Ruby. Yes?"

The look that Ruby got should make it clear that he had no delusions about what he were faced with, yet as he had explicitly called her out to be a mare, either he dared not say something, or he had been ordered to keep his trap shut. Considering the nervous glance she got, there were a chance that it were just fear.

=======================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have heard of this lake, where the fish are silent and no animals return from, and I were planning to go there and see for myself what may be done. It seems that the mystery of what caused this have now been solved, but it is not an issue. Once I regain my strength, I will reunite it with the rivers, and life will once again flourish, as the Earth Mother wills it.

I wish to know more of how you may have met others of my kind, as I know only of the ones I grew up in, and the animals here have not spoken of ever seeing something truly like me before. It must have been long, as memory does not vanish so easily among the forests creatures. They pass knowledge from generation to generation, and even if details change, some things tend to remain the same. Of dryads they have not a word, yet other things are spoken of in high reverence or fear, such as it were with your lake, where they claim there have always been an unseen creature, luring the unruly and the foolish away, never to be seen again."

Lyriel kept her calm, yet tired gaze upon the siren. It were interesting to be told and shown who it were who resided in the lake that she had yet to have the time to examine for herself, and that it were a being who seemed nice, yet she did wonder how it had come to pass that Nada had become this boogieman of the forest, so to speak. Yet it were best to ask one thing at a time, and she had another one in mind for the siren.

That derailed some as Fah'lina started to squeak and chipper away whilst making a good deal of arm movements to go along with her ramblings. A strange creature most certainly, but ultimately, if you accepted her free spirit, Lyriel had found her to be a delightful, yet mischievous entity. Like here where she were telling the dryad something important, though for some reason, only vaguely went into details, as if she were protecting someone. Perhaps the little thing had finally managed to find someone who earned her respect.

"So there are two of you in the area? How peculiar that I have not heard specifics of either of you, but it sounds as if you sirens are good at hiding away. If it isn't too much to ask though, could you tell me how long you have been hiding within the forest? I find myself curious about how long it must have been for no memory to remain of your presence."

=========================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Hmmm... Well, he'd need to do something actually evil first that we had to stop, then lots of talk about being good, kind, yada yada. Guess that's easy, right?"

Anomaly's head started shaking like a washing machine on uneven ground, whilst soothing lounge music played from somewhere. Every few seconds, a female voice would claim that they were the next caller, and that they'd be serviced as soon as possible, though it would be several minutes before she were done, and stretched her tongue out towards Lumen. On the end, using her tongue like a pillow, were a golden seed, around the size of a full grown rabbit. It were almost crackling from the highly compact degree of chaos and nature magic that were pressed into the tiny space, just ready to burst out and do something both amazing and horrifying, all at the same time.

"I used these to make the Evergrown. It makes a giant tree grow up, and changes every being from Diamond Dog and above into tree creatures. My friend called them Evergrown, which were only a teensie bit better than *Bark-things with funny flowers* like I suggested. Pretty close call on it, but we had a two being vote, and he had six more than me. I kinda think he cheated.

A-n-y-way, take it, go threaten a big city or something, then we stop you, drag you away, reform you, and go eat cookies. Foolproof plan! Unless you drop it.... Huh, perhaps I should get like a release form for these kinda things just so I don't get blamed for stuff going real bad."

@Blitz Boom

Lumen took the golden seed from Anomaly.

"How about I threaten to use it in the middle of townhall, then you will say a bunch of reforming stuff, then I can be reformed?"

"That's a brilliant idea! But wait, we already reformed someone today."

"So? I didn't get to help because I wasn't there yet! I wanna reform someone too!"

"Yeah! Let Novia has some fun too, Lucid!"

The tank, which has gone unmentioned for a while for whatever reason fell through the roof.

"Everyone in! Let's go to townhall!"

@Blitz Boom

"I'll take care of the fire," Sen interrupted, grabbing some of the stones and flint nearby and striking them until a spark lit the loose pieces of wood. It was about as standard as it got, minus the time-consuming nature of traditionally starting a fire with more flammable materials. After about ten or so attempts with no luck, a small fire came about. All that was left was to feed it some fuel and they should be good for the evening. 

When Omen asked about their ways, both Sen and Lin didn't quite know how to answer. Maybe a faint idea on what they should say but they were uncertain if those were the right way to go about it. They know about how things are done back home but the antiquated methods of the longma are foreign to the Equestrian justice system. What little Lin knew of it was mostly picked up from listening to other talk about it. And that is before getting into the possibility about someone digging up her past, even if it is about as minor as trespassing. 

"I'm not sure if it is as simple as you put it, Omen. Discord is free, yes, but the courts didn't give him that freedom. From what I learned, Fluttershy and her friends gave him that opportunity. I figure Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia might have been lenient on him. We don't have the luxury of calling on a princess to offer the same thing to Rosa."

"The Longma see things differently when it comes to delivering justice. The village council meets and discusses the crimes of the accused, then gathers the village to give their verdict. Most are sentenced to serve the village as a laborer, often to the individual or group that was wronged. It is meant to serve as an example to others about the consequences of our actions and to make things up to those who are affected. 

Sen just finished setting up the camp fire at this point and joined in on the conversation. He sat next to Omen and began passing around the food Lin brought from home, mostly a mixture of dried fruits and vegetables. 

"The worst offenders are exiled and struck out of the village's records. They lose their property, their home, even their name. To them, the exiled is just another wild animal who should be wary about ever coming back, lest the hunters relentlessly pursue them. Anyone would be a fool to try their luck against the village's trained protectors." 

There was a tone of bitterness oozing from the way Sen said his piece. He didn't look at Omen at that time, only at the embers sputtering out of the fire. Lin knew this much as well, knows the weight this had on their conscience. Their first visit back after so many years on the road, the scornful looks they received as they were tidying up their family home... it all made sense. No one ever had their status of exile reversed because all who were condemned to that fate deserved it. No one was quite sure how to handle such radical changes. 

"It's all about how anyone understands this, Omen. We're not saying either side is right or wrong. The longma's and ponies' methods are just different."

@Blitz Boom
Ruby looked at the tiny dragon that had came in, she didn't really think anything about his way of speaking or nervousness and smell of fear, because she knew that he could see right through her pony form, being able to not only tell that she was a dragon, but also assume her age. She also knew that seeing the eye of an dragon lot older than both of them combined on her neck would also have effect on weak dragon like him. "Ruby Shine, but yes." she replied correcting the meaningless mistake of leaving out her made up second name, she didn't care about the mistake, but why she had replied was because with her words she sent a warning only her fellow dragon would notice, warning that he would lose his head if he said anything about her real form.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada listened patiently, and didn't interrupt even Fah'lina, because though she had no idea what the creature was doing, it seemed important. Thus she hadn't replied anything yet when Lyrier asked her second question, and she decided that she should first reply to said latter question, as she saw it to be important for Lyrier to know how long time ago it was she had met the one of her kind. "I'll answer the latter first." she said "And to be fully honest, I'm not sure, because I lost track of time quite a long time ago." "But according to the pony who found me, it has been at least a millennium since the event that drove me into hiding." "And when it comes to your first question, it's like I said, I don't remember that much, it was some time, maybe years before I went to hiding, I remember meeting a weird creature who talked like you and I remember hearing about Earth Mother or something similar." "Sadly that's all I remember."

@Blitz Boom

Oof, it doesn't seem Molotov knows the finer points of dealing with mares.  Weight is a big no no outside the occasional doctor visit.  One of those fun little lessons Rising Dusk only had to learn once, also luckily at a younger age where it was easier to get away with just a slap on the hoof.  Base on what he'd learned about the lower life expectancy of the citizen of Center Zero, probably a fine detail not as present as it was with the rest of Equestria.  Which with that point, it couldn't be guarantee the same social rules applied to Troy either.  Rising Dusk might be the odd pony out on this one.  Death stares were normally a good way to tell, but coming from Null it was more the default look, so it was hard to tell.

This was going to be a good chance for the two to get to know each other though.  Maybe Molotov can learn a few more minor points on manners and maybe Null can learn that not everypony is out to get her.  Hopefully she can keep imagines of her flying soon to help temper that, well temper.  With Rising Dusk's added wards to the workshop, along with the physical defenses that it already has, leaving these two be to take Void out and collect a few artifacts shouldn't be an issue.  Well, the only issue seeming to be separating the two sisters of Troy.  The work that Molotov had planned with Null from the sounds of it was going to take quite a while.  Plenty of time for the other two to step out of the workshop.  "I'll escort her myself.  We'll be back in a jiffy," he assured the pegasus with his head held high.

Making his way over to the main door of the workshop and punching the button that popped the cork to let the pair out.  Casting his senses out for anything that might be lying in wait for the group.  While it might have seen nice to have kept the pocket watch with him to make this quicker, it sadly only worked on the pony using it.  It was times like this he wished he could actually cast a teleportation spell on his own, rather than preventing them from happening.  Oh well, walking the city was good exercise. With the coast clean, he offered Void to follow him out to navigate them out of the East side of the city and to the inn they were staying at.

@Rising Dusk

"W-We'll hurry sis. Just... P-Please try and not do s-something crazy here."

"If you want crazy, how about you and I have a stroll down the market to get some tools and a bite to eat, eh?"

Molotov managed a single eye wiggle before he got a hoof right in his chest, which made him keel over a bit to catch his breath.

"Totally... Worth it."

"If he keeps opening his yap like this, I guarantee nothing."

Void didn't say anything more to that, nor the funny look she got from Null before turning around and head for the door. Null would send some glances more that way, but also one towards the officer, which seemed to just say *What? He asked for it.*. Something which Molotov rightly knew, but had considered well worth it. Especially since he had gotten himself a neat little reaction from this. No, not from Null, though he'd give the pegasus credit for having a better right hook than he'd have thought. No, that one he liked were from Void, who he saw had gotten herself a look of shock at the suggestion, but also a bit of a red hue on her cheeks.

Leaving the two behind, Void would stand and wait at the door for Rising - partially because she didn't know how to open it - and would follow him as he started to leave. Once outside, she'd let out a sigh of relief and try to gather herself again after what had gone on in there, as well as what were to happen once  they started to make their way. Here, away from the city, things wouldn't be so bad with her aversion to others, but that were going to change soon as they got near the crowds, and she were well aware of it. The thoughts alone made her hunch down a little already, though she didn't notice it herself.

They wouldn't find anything wrong happening outside. There weren't even any beings there, including birds or curious critters. if he would seek around, Rising wouldn't find anything magical going on here either, which likely meant that they were still here before Twisted could find out where they had gone, and before he could get his hooves in Molotov. Considering the wards set up and the regular, physical fortitude of the workshop, things should be safe around here when it would eventually happen then.

"I g-guess we should m-make haste then. I'm k-kind of afraid what she'll d-do to him if they a-are left alone for t-too long.

And uhm... I-I'm sorry in advanced if t-things get weird in town. I'm not u-used to being w-without my sister. Y-You have family too, r-right? Have to be w-weird being away from them for y-you too sometimes."

She'd follow close by if he lead, standing generally behind and to the left of where he wandered.

@EQ_Theta

"...Master Discord was right. Rules are hard."

Omen had stood silently and just stared at the siblings for several minutes after they were done talking, trying to turn what she heard around in her already well filled head, but it just couldn't stick. basic rules like *don't cause harm* she understood. It were easy, and a plain thing to do. But this whole system sounded like gibberish to her. prisons, courts, exiles and forgotten names... There were too much in them that she didn't understand to even attempt to gather it up to be mulled over later. Kind of like magic, though her master had fully endorsed that as a thing, whereas rules were seen as something horrible to him, that needed to be uprooted and removed.

Were it any better? Most beings would likely say no, and she had come to eventually understand that a little, but it were much simpler. Instead of having to find out what you were or weren't allowed to do, and then try to avoid doing wrong, it were just trying to get through the day and adapt to what happened around you. It was simpler to understand, because there were no reason or logic in it. Even Discord himself often got surprised with what happened around him, and often thought it hilarious. Omen might have not seen the fun in it, but it were something she could understand and adapt to well enough compared to this stale world with their complicated systems and rules.

"I think I understand Longma rules more. Ponies make too many long words and strange rules. Both are dumb.

Ponies put bad people in boxes and statues. Longma throw them away and forget. Why not help them be better? Statues break, chaos comes out. Being forgotten makes you... Angry? Sen makes strange faces when talking about it. Said nothing nice about it when looking for you."

She could see he were making them again when the talk about exile came up again.l From what she understood, he had been exiled due to going after Lin, and though she couldn't remember their trip to the longma village, she guessed something were still wrong when he made the same face. Happy beings tended to smile, not look like they had bitten into something weird. She were somewhat sure about that at least, though not on how to deal with it if it were. Emotions made beings do strange things.

Omen were quiet after that again for a little while, and sat down next to the fire. A glance were given to the dried fruit that were offered, but instead of eating it, she pushed it over towards Shrimp who weren't done with the one he already had, but regardless still wrapped his tail around it a little, to add to his food hoard. Seeing as Omen didn't need food, it didn't really matter to her, but she understood that he liked it. Besides, if she were to chew on things, she preferred rocks. They had a fun, crunchy texture and a funny taste.

"...You said master Discord got free because yellow mare knew the princesses? Master Discord knows them too. Says he is friend with magic princess. Can we ask him to help Rosa?"

This part she had muddled over a little, as that kinda made sense in her mind after a while. Fluttershy knew the princesses, so she asked them to not put Discord in prison. Well, Discord were friends with Twilight, and Omen knew him. If she asked, wouldn't that be the same thing? He were one of the good ones now, so it made sense to her at least.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ah, the paperwork must be in disorder. Sorry."

Using the pen, he quickly scribbled in the final lacking last name of Ruby, and then left a check mark next to her name. She seemed to be in the clear, though the others remained to be seen, and they were well aware of it, as Marley and Spicy stepped closer, which made him give a quick glance to them, then back at Ruby. It were hard to get away from what he were sensing to be the truth here with the *mare*, as well as the presence of the elder dragon eye, which weren't making his job any easier.

"Alright, let's get it over with. Run the dang scan and let's get out and into the main room."

"Yes, of course. Just a moment."

Morrow lifted the rock and held it towards the three of them with varied results. Towards Marley nothing happened, and frankly it just looked somewhat silly, yet it earned him a check mark on the papers. Towards Spicy though, a mixture of yellow and faintly violet hues danced over it, which made the mare roll her eyes and pull out one of the cards from her wing, which she held out towards the dragon. A peculiar indigo hue would glaze over his glasses briefly at the sight, but there didn't seem to be a problem there, as Spicy too got a pass.

Hesitantly, he then directed it towards Ruby, and cringed somewhat as the stone more or less got engulfed in a bright, onyx shade, with small swirls of red flourishing over it every now and again.

"Expected results from the necklace, yes. Nothing special there.

Does any of you carry any concealed weapons?"

"Nope."

Marley nodded and showed off the dagger, which Morrow could help sending a longing look after. He were still a dragon after all, and the item were clearly valuable. It were to be expected that on some level, he'd enjoy adding that to a hoard.

"And you uhm... Don't seem to have anywhere to conceal anything, so I guess that's it then."

That comment were directed towards Ruby, whom he glanced at with the same hue going over his glasses a couple of times, whilst some more things were quickly scribbled down and he turned around towards the door, nervously correcting his tie.

"The auction will commence in a half hour. Until then, feel free to wander the premise, but don't leave the area. Security measures are high tonight."

With that, he would leave the room with a sigh of relief. There were still so many things to do now, but at least this were over with for now. Dealing with Ruby and her jewelry were testing his conviction, and Mrs Scarcity would not be pleased if she knew that. Neither would she if he ignored their other arrivals though, so he needed to get a move on.

Back in the arrival room, the griffon and mare straightened themselves out again, and looked towards Ruby in more or less unison.

"Guard checks, am I right? Anyway, let's get a move on. We might as well have a look around, and see who else is here. Might be I have the time to get a few games going."

If they wandered out of the room, it would be into a hallway, roughly 40 meters in length, before ending at a wooden door. It seemed there were at least four more rooms behind them, and two in front, but the doors of them all were closed. A rather quiet beginning to things so far.

=======================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, whoever they may have been, I pray they have found peace the the Earth Mother's loving embrace, as all that lives eventually must.

I feel saddened for you though, that you have been isolated for so long. Even if time is eternal for you, much must have happened in that span which you should not have missed. I take it now then that you are trying to return to the world? it is not an easy thing to try and enter a world which you were not born into. I hope you will believe me when I say that I can wholly understand, though only that part, as the pain which drove you away is a thing that only you can truly know."

Lyriel slowly raised a hoof towards the water, and the roots making up her hooves grew out and touched down upon the surface so that she could get a small drink. Fah'lina in the meantime, had taken to wandering over to the lake and diving in again, though she stuck near the edge of the lake, and peeked out of the water with her large ears, not wanting to miss a thing going on.

"Perhaps I can help you with a better living arrangement, while you stay in this forest? My powers are weakened now, from a day of pains I had not wished to experience, yet the land is well known to me. I could find a place to suit you, and then arrange it better, once my powers return. If I ask kindly, perhaps my draconic friend can one day help too, though she too have suffered under the same thing which brought so many other beings here pain. We will both need some time.

Although, here too, might be a place you would like? Fah'lina seem to have a fondness for your kind, so perhaps she will welcome you in her domain."

=========================================================================================================

@Zephyr / Karou @Moonlit

"I had hoped for some degree of resolution to have come in the time it took for us to arrive. Alas, one must look on the bright side, and seeing that nothing have happened is still better than things having soured.

Though, I will give my best wishes to your friend, Miss Serenade. May whoever he or she are have a speedy recovery."

Of course, it might be something worse that were not so immediately treatable, but he would rather not think of the worst option as being it right off the bat. She did not sound as if it were potentially lethal either, or as if the lot of them were keeping her away from something incredibly dangerous, so the odds were not in favor of it being something too horrid.

"It hardly seems fair for us to take your time if your friend is awaiting you. Please, wander to his or her side, and rest assured that I for one promise to uphold your secret unless dire circumstances forces me to act against this. I cannot vouch for my esteemed companions, but hopefully they too will consider to do so.

In any case, I believe we should be on our way regardless as well. There is still much to be seen of the town, and the moon's light will soon fall upon us. Please, say what you wish here, Song and Zephyr, and I shall guide us onward. Unless you wish to accompany Miss Serenade to the hospital?"

==========================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Yeah, this is totally gonna work! Come on snuggles, let's get driving and get this done with so we can start having loads of Real fun!"

Anomaly jumped straight for the barrel and dove in, swirling through the tube like a flushed toilet and eventually getting herself loaded into the bullet chamber. Seemed like as perfect a place to ride this out as ever, right? A bit snug, but hey, single room. The rest had to share their space.

"Hey, if Novia is reforming Lumen, and Sen's helping her, what am I gonna do? Steal their doughnuts and change their law papers? Uh! I could write in huge tax breaks for draconequui! We pay taxes, right?"

They better, otherwise there were a bunch of sea ponies where she lived that she needed to have a chat with about the monthly payments in food stuff they said she had to pay. Sometimes more, if she didn't give them enough according to their fancy papers. Surely somepony who wandered around with that sorta business-looking things were legit. They even wore ties for Celestia's sake! Who'd adorn that dork look if it wasn't because of work?

@Blitz Boom

They all climbed into the tank.

"No, you're going to reform him! And then you will marry him or something!"

"Yeah! You better start choosing a brides maid!"

"Hmm... that would prove my point against the ducks."

Lucid started driving while Pringle stood on top of Lucid's head.

@Blitz Boom

"Heh heh, you might be on to something there, Omen!" Sen chuckled upon hearing Omen's suggestion, much to his current emotional state already making him glum. 

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves but I like the way you think! We'll hold off on deciding anything until after the trial tomorrow. We should at least see how things will pan out for Rosa and Stargazer once the matter with Filigree is settled. Maybe even ask Fluttershy to speak to Princess Twilight about it."

Sometimes, it really astounds Lin how a simple approach to understanding seemingly difficult and convoluted topics really changes the way one looks at problems. Omen's simplistic views may make it seem like she'll get stuck trying to wrap around confusing things but the simplest way of seeing them may be the better way. It was quite flattering for her to hear how the Longma's rules on handling criminal activity were more understandable to Omen but that isn't saying much when exile, when misused, still doesn't bring closure to their already conflicted family history. For now, seeing Sen's spirits uplifted was enough to get her to smile along. Discord may have laid the foundation for Omen's early growth and understanding but it is undeniable that he did a few things right. 

Lin had initially intended to ask Omen a followup question that neatly summed up the discussion on laws and what the right thing to do would be, but she held off. It was enough for her to already grasp some tangible understanding on the matter without shutting down in confusion.

"Being exiled unjustly is what made Sen angry. We both understood the reason behind exile, why some would be sentenced to it, but he wasn't happy about being exiled for a very flimsy reason. We all know things worked out in the end, so let's try to put the past behind us and look forward to a better future. Besides, if we weren't exiled, we wouldn't have met you. That's one good thing we wouldn't forget."

Sen nodded and smiled wide, almost grinning. Their paths intersecting the way it did, both Sen and Lin didn't expect that to ever happen but they were grateful it did. Lin extended several rocks towards Omen and placed them at her hooves. 

"I haven't forgotten you asking about eating rocks. I admit it is strange but if you like it, who am I to judge? You enjoy what you like!"

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't show other reaction to the stone than giving the dragon a cold stare to remind him to not say anything he'll regret. She wasn't sure if the dragon was telling the truth when he said that the necklace was the cause for the reaction, or if it was her or something in her box, so she made a mental note to watch out for those stones just in case and to study about them later.

She shook her head at the question about weapons, since she didn't have any, not that the young dragon would have dared to do anything about it regardless. Seeing the dragon wrote something more down, Ruby again shot him a deadly stare, if she would find out that someone...most likely 
Scarcity, heard from him what she was, she would make sure to hunt him down and make sure he wished that he would have never hatched, though based on how he acted and the scent of fear still floating in the air, she guessed he knew that she would do that.

Ruby just nodded at Spicy's suggestion and would follow her and Marley when they would move. She decided to ask them about the stone "Do either of you happen to know what that stone was?" "I'm just curious because i have never seen one used like that before."

--------------------------------------------------
Nada again listened patiently everything Lyriel, she looked curiously when the creature did the thing with the roots, she had seen lot of weird things in the forest during her time, but this one was a new. "I appreciate your words and offer highly Lyriel." she started when Lyrier had finished "But with help of my new friends I have gotten contact to one of the leaders of ponies, and they have promised me a place to stay." "And until then I have been given permission by other siren that I can only assume Fah'lina told you about to live in her home." she was quiet for a second and looked at the water, she then continued with slightly lower tone "But is there a way to contact you later again, because if things go wrong with the ponies again, then I will need help again, as I would have nowhere to go anymore."

@Blitz Boom @Zephyr / Karou Serenade nods her head then looks toward Brittle "I am sorry for scaring you, that was not my intention. I hope one day to meet in a better setting...as for the rest of you, let me drop something off with Princess Sparkle, then I will answer any questions you might have....in a less...Chaotic setting"

@Blitz Boom @Moonlit

Sun Fire shook her head, tearing her attention from the tree. Normally she wasn't so scatterbrained, but the melodies forming in her head was too interesting to ignore. The garden, while chaotic, came together in an unexpected way and made for great inspiration.

Sun Fire turned to Serenade, her thoughts coming back to their present situation. She could easily understand why the siren would want to wear a disguise, especially in a place that feared the like so much. "Your secret is safe with me. I can empathize with wanting to keep your true identity hidden. To a small degree, anyway." Sun Fire scratched the back of her head. It seemed like a bit of a stretch, comparing her own circumstances to Serenade's, but it gave her some idea of what the siren was feeling. 

Zephyr nodded. "I won't tell anypony, either." Truthfully, while he got why she didn't want anypony to know what she truly was, he didn't think a secret like that should be kept hidden. Even so, he despised ponies who spread rumors, so there was no way he would tell anypony else. He shuffled his hooves, unintentionally disturbing the bubble creatures that had nestled themselves comfortably underneath him. He somehow still hadn't noticed them, but that was likely to change once he started walking.

Sun Fire shook her head at Briar. "I wouldn't want to feel like extra baggage for Serenade. We've bothered her enough, and I wouldn't want to trouble her or her friend." She turned back towards Serenade and smiled kindly. While she was at least a little afraid of sirens, Serenade certainly didn't seem like a bad one. "It was nice meeting you. Sorry that we kind of got off on the wrong hoof at first."

"Me too. Maybe we'll see you around Ponyville at some point," Zephyr said, nodding to Serenade. For now he was still wary of her, but maybe some more time to think or some words from Sun Fire would change his mind. His anxiety made it difficult for him to entirely trust someone he was afraid of.

@Blitz Boom @Zephyr / Karou Serenade smiles, "Thank you all." She turns to head toward the front of Twilight's Castle, "I'm usually a night-'pony' as my job requires me to look at the Heavens, if your ever up and want to talk, just look for the house with the giant telescope". She nods again and heads toward the front door of the Castle of Friendship. Who designed that thing, I'm glad I sleep during the day, one wrong sunbeam and everypony is blind.

@Blitz Boom

Astral chuckled, sitting down on the couch
"That was accidental Chow, you know that."
She looked to him, with a smile. "Are you still interested in magic or no?"

===============================

"I'm uncertain. She may mistake me for a illusion too. it'll need to be her decision."

Sapphire glanced about, her gem continuing to charge in the present of the crystals "Well, let's discuss that after we get our bodies back."
She turns her head to Emerald. "What is our next thing to do?"

"Call me Chariot, Warlock is too, evil sounding."
He said with a chuckle, though not sounding too on board with being called that despite suggesting it.
"and about Shrill Burst, I worked beside him. Momentarily."
He put his hoof back down. "It was just one mission so I never knew him well."

================================

"We'll see how I do with speeches."
He listened closely as they talked about Chariot for a moment. "Well Interesting to know, might ask about it later."

@Dji

"I don't have anything to do here. Not now anyway." He said this truthfully, having partially forgotten why he was there,
but it didn't bother him now, getting a new horn was more important. "I'll just tag along if you do need to do anything though."

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk felt confident that if Null was going to learn tolerance in her lift, Molotov was going to be the standard to beat.  The idea made him smirk a little as he walked away from the workshop with the younger sister in tow.  Leaving the two alone though shouldn't be too big of an issue with Felicia on watch.  Sure, she'd probably let her creator take a beating for a bit, but his life shouldn't be in danger and the pair might be returning to find Null and/or Molotov stuck in a web.  Problems for a future Rising Dusk and Void to worry about.  "Worry not.  Think of it as a learning experience for the both of them," he suggested to her.  The coast was clear, for now, but he'd keep his senses on alert for now.  Twisted Gears wasn't suppose to show up till tomorrow, but with the wrench the detective threw into his initial plan, the time table could have changed.

Taking the mare through the quickest route from the East side of the city to the inn he'd recommended to them.  The fear of being parted from her sister was understandable, considering what background he knew of them.  At least she wasn't out here alone though and it was up to the detective to keep her company, distracted from her anxiety.  Easily doable by the conversation shifting to his own family while she worked through her own.  The unicorn nodding to her inquiry, "I do.  They all live here in Manehattan."  Rounding a corner into a busier part of the city, it would take too long to go through back alleys right now.  "My father is a professor at Manehattan University.  My mother is an instructor of Aerial Ballet after her retirement from performance.  And I have my own older sister, Setting Dawn," he explained.  Being apart from his family wasn't all that weird for Rising Dusk.  Not just based on the fact that he can recall every moment he's spent with them at any time, but he also saw them on a pretty regular basis.  His parents even lived in his neighborhood, still in the house he grew up in.  Setting Dawn had moved on and now lived in the upper part of the city, who he sees less.

"Not really that weird, but that could be a difference of culture.  In Equestria it's pretty normal for when a pony grows up to move out, unless they are taking over or joining in a family business.  I see my parents quite regularly though," he continued.  The detective had always been quite independent even when growing up, so it wasn't too hard to believe he lived on his own, to him anyways.

(edited)

@Rising Dusk

"That s-sound nice... Having your p-parents and s-sister this near..."

Void trailed off and didn't really say anything else for a few more minutes. She just stared into the ground and tried to imagine what it must be like to have the setup in life that Rising had. It sounded like a good life. Not having to be around them constantly, but still having them near if you wanted to see them for whatever reason, or just to have nice talks about how things were going.

It wasn't something she'd like to admit, but she were a little jealous about his life. Having this somewhat stable existence with a close family like that, even if they didn't live together, sounded perfect to her. Only thing missing were that Rising had a wife and some foals of his own, but he still had time to do that. Unless something went horribly wrong, he'd likely have years and years ahead of him to settle down.

That were the only thing Void ever hoped for herself. A small house somewhere, with a stallion who cared for her, and offspring of her own. No more getting chased and living a life on the run, stealing cursed artifacts, having to fend for her life, hunger, etc. Nothing grand, but just a nice, calm existence free of additional hardships, where perhaps she'd be able to start to forget and move past things.

For the longest time, she wished the same for Null, but that ideal had long since withered and diminished as time had gone by. From her sister having her own family and making a living off her woodwork, to at this point just praying that when everything were said and done, she'd be able to find peace within herself, and with whatever life she would've managed to build at that point. Void were not casting her aside of course. Never. Null had sacrificed everything she could to try and take care of her, and Void would do everything she could to help her, but there was just so much anger and bitterness festering within Null that she honestly didn't know if she could even save her older sister anymore. A horrible thought, but one that had been impossible to avoid as time had gone on, and Null had gotten periodically worse.

"Y-Y'know, i-it's n-not just Equestria that's l-like that.  In T-Troy, it's almost the s-same. Foals live h-home til they are old e-enough, then move out, b-but when their parents then g-get old, they move in w-with their adult children. T-The belief is - o-or at least were - that they c-cared for you throughout your life, so w-when they can't care for themselves a-anymore, it's your turn to help t-them in their twilight y-years.

I hope that y-you will cherish y-your parents, even if you don't have t-the same tradition. You n-never know when you might lose t-them, and it will n-never seem like enough t-time when y-you do..."

Void wiped a tear forming in her eye away and averted her gaze from Rising, and focused more on trying not to step too close to any sort of stand or street performer with any sort of magic going for them. She'd prefer to avoid any issue this time, though honestly, she couldn't do so entirely no matter how hard she tried, and it were mostly a flimsy excuse to not face Rising right now, as she were struggling a bit with her own memories. Might be that twenty years had passed, but some memories were never going to vanish, and as much pain as they could invoke, Void still wished that they never would either, seeing as that were all she had left of them.

"...Y-Your sister, what does s-she do? It's just th-that uhm... Y-You didn't mention it, b-but did with your p-parents. Just c-curious, if that's o-okay?"

@EQ_Theta

On 3/17/2019 at 10:32 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"Heh heh, you might be on to something there, Omen!" Sen chuckled upon hearing Omen's suggestion, much to his current emotional state already making him glum. 

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves but I like the way you think! We'll hold off on deciding anything until after the trial tomorrow. We should at least see how things will pan out for Rosa and Stargazer once the matter with Filigree is settled. Maybe even ask Fluttershy to speak to Princess Twilight about it."

"Filigree first, princess later. Okay."

This she could understand at least. Nothing complex over it that she had to try and tackle, just a simple matter of seeing how one thing went, before going off to ask another about something. Sure there were a good deal of specifics and details that needed to be covered in this, but it seemed that she at least were to just ignore that, and focus on just observing what went on with Filigree. The complicated stuff afterwards would be tackled later.

It were a bit strange seeing how Sen suddenly went from being bitter to laughing though. Far as she understood, you didn't just become happy in an instant, so how did that work? And what did he find funny? Omen's sense of humor were vague and based off old Discord's sense of it, and she didn't see anything in this that would account for laughter. Must be something above her head.

"Being exiled unjustly is what made Sen angry. We both understood the reason behind exile, why some would be sentenced to it, but he wasn't happy about being exiled for a very flimsy reason. We all know things worked out in the end, so let's try to put the past behind us and look forward to a better future. Besides, if we weren't exiled, we wouldn't have met you. That's one good thing we wouldn't forget."

"Master Discord said you should get angry when somepony did something wrong or unfair to you. Sounds like what happened to Sen. Makes sense he is angry then."

Anger itself were a concept that were more or less impossible for her to get her head around, but Omen did get why some like Sen would be angry, by using what Discord had once told her, and then put things into that setting. The feeling in an off itself however, she couldn't grasp, as she had never felt something that were once explained to her as *Wanting something bad to happen to somepony else*. As Mother had made sure her siblings and her were raised to not be aggressors, they didn't have the baseline ability to be like this, though most tended to mature into it. Not Omen though, as Discord had not found it an important thing for her to learn, so she were still stuck on this baseline of general pacifism, which again made it hard for her to wrap her head around the want to hurt others, even if you didn't say or actually do anything.

"I haven't forgotten you asking about eating rocks. I admit it is strange but if you like it, who am I to judge? You enjoy what you like!"

"Rocks tastes good. Crunchy. With Belladonna, I tried to eat fire too. Strange thing to bite into.."

She took a rock and crunched down on it like it were a stick of celery. Tasted somewhat like mud or damp grass. Perhaps they were from a wet place? She didn't know right now, but it made for something interesting to think about whilst eating it, which since she didn't need sustenance from food like most did, tended to be the point more often than not for Omen. Sometimes it were also just about curiosity or boredom though.

"Why is eating rocks strange? I have seen ponies eat meat. Weird things with fish tails eat birds sometimes. Heard others say that is strange too, but is it more normal?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, it's a Snitch. That what we call 'em in the gambling circle anyway. Got some lame name like *Aura detectors* outside of that. Basically it reacts on any sorta magic that you have on you. Cards I got stuffed in my wings and pockets are custom made with some fire power spellwork, so they give off a hue, while the feather duster here doesn't have an inch of magic in his burly self. Seems like that eye you're lugging 'round have some heavy mojo on it, but eh, if they say it's fine and all that. Frankly I dunno what the hues means. I just know that they're used in gambling to ensure that nopony entering a high stakes game is packing themselves with some magical shadiness. Doesn't stop the sleigh of hoof and other physical things, but it does chomp down on cards suddenly changing into another, magic to distract your opponents somewhat, and all that sorta jazz. Makes it a bit more fair, but dang if it ain't a pain to deal with sometimes."

Wandering over and grabbing hold of the door, Spicy would open up to a setting that seemed almost unreal. A large area, properly furnished with carpets with varying degrees of disrepair here and there, which could likely be put down to the guests. There were everything from minotaur to pony, griffon, dragon, zebra, and even a reformed changeling that passed by, but didn't notice them. Like many others, he were looking over the exhibits set up beneath thick, shock-absorbent domes of glass, which would display the objects nicely, but allow them to remain untouched.

A few of said domes had air holes in them as living beings were inside, but long as you didn't care too much about who or what where in them, it wouldn't be so bad. Most had been put under a spell to ensure they wouldn't wake up and start to cause a ruckus either, so they could mostly be ignored.

"Looks like a good turnout today. It should help boost interest in the product."

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you wish to get into contact with me, you can come here, and Fah'lina can likely find me. This lake is a safe area that are not easy to get to by other paths than the river itself, so you can hide out here for a time until I am informed that you are looking for me.

Yet, you speak of being in contact with one of their leaders, yes? Is it Princess Twilight? I know she lives near, and I have went to see her, along with my draconic friend. She seems a curious sort with a hungry mind, yet there is much kindness in her heart, even towards creatures that her kind are not familiar with, such as myself. If not her, then I hope that the princess you speak with have as open a mind as she, though it sounds as if so far, that is the case."

She had barely heard anything else of the princesses, beyond their apparent deity-like powers and talks of their manes flowing as if wind were always upon them, but so far she liked these monarchs or the ponies. Twilight seemed a kind soul, and whoever it were that Nada spoke with appeared to be another one with a mind open to outsiders, though she could understand that the siren were worried. One could never know what happened, and if you had once been scorned by ponies, it might be harder to try and trust them again. Hopefully this would go well ad she would learn that times had changed and become inclusive to other beings, including sirens.

"As for the other siren, Fah'lina speaks of there being one, yet not where she lives, or who she is, so you needn't worry about word being spread, or for me to interrupt anything. It seems she is protective of your kind, or at least of the two of you. It seems you are starting to form into quite a peculiar aquatic pack here, Nada. If you would indulge me a little, this makes me curious about something: Are siren's normally social beings, or more solitary, like spiders often tends to be?"

@Zephyr / Karou @Moonlit

"In due time, perhaps there is hope for a calm meeting. Yet for the time being, I thank you for your understanding. May you have a pleasant night, and in due time, I hope to meet you once again. If you would excuse us then."

Briar made a deep bow towards the siren, before the two groups split apart, with Serenade going towards the castle, and Briar leading the others down towards the city once more.

"I know this were not an easy ask of either of you, but I thank you both for trying to remain weary, yet tentatively accepting of Serenade. Being an outsider attempting to fit into a society that have historically clashed with your own are not an easy thing to do on either side, though it can go to great places if it is achieved. Equestria have an overall great ideal about tolerance and acceptance, and though unfortunately not always present, I do like to think that it is a place where one have a chance to join in, if there are no malice guiding your actions. I hope that Serenade will show that she truly harbors no ill will, so that this outstretched olive branch from both her and us will prove warranted.

But that may be an issue or blessing for another time. I do wish to hear your opinions on tings though, if you'd please. I can take you towards the hospital in the meantime, so that you know where to go in case of emergency."

As said, he would guide them towards the hospital, which were not per se hard to see, yet knowing the route were still of importance. As the evening were falling and the shops began to close, it would be easier to navigate there as well, since ponies would begin wandering home and preparing for a long night of rest. Most of them at least, as there would always end up being some night owls here and there, even in relatively small places, such as Ponyville.

Meanwhile, up at the castle, Nada would find the door unlocked, and as she were to enter, could hear a gruff, yet feminine voice from further inside discussing something with the princess out of hearing range. That being Nerzhei and Twilight, though a third player would soon arrive at the scene as Last Stand rounded a corner and locked eye with Serenade.

She had spent a good deal of time keeping watch over Celestia, but after her departure, had been asked to stay and keep this castle secure for the time being. It went against the check there should be on the buildings about now, but an order were an order when it came from the princesses, and as such, that had been pushed to the morning instead for the time being.

"If you're seeking the princesses Celestia and Luna, they're gone. Are you here for Princess Twilight?"

==========================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Lucid is totally gonna be a bridesmaid! I already have the perfect costu- I mean, dress for him. Ehehehehehe."

It was basically just a gorilla outfit with a top hat and a tutu, but for some reason that just looked so right on Lucid! Though perhaps add a giant mustache actually. Why? Well, why not? Poor guy could do with some facial hair. Plus you could hide stuff in there, like a piano. Always practical.

"Novia's gonna be the best draconequui, and get the biggest hat of them all. With sparkles all over it! ooooh, this sounds like such fun! Come on,let's go and get this silly reforming thingie dingie done."

Harry - who had been standing patiently outside and looking at the holes made in the bakery - would follow them as they took off, and if he had the chance, he'd jump up and sit on top of the tank. It could likely survive it though. Draconequui made were a dubious quality mark, but there were always the chance of it being semi-indestructible, and that was about as good as it'd get.

=======================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Sure, might as well give my ego another beating. What's next on the reading list teach?"

Seemed like Astral were in a better mood, so that was a plus going forward, but there still weren't a peep about Iron. Perhaps he were lurking in a corner somewhere, though this whole thing might also just be one of those situations where she needed to be distracted from that. Say, with teaching some hick magic to see him mess it up.

He reallys should've just said no at that point and then gone to take a nap at the very least, but nope, on the wagon to make himself even more tired it were. Best just to get it over with he supposed.

@FanOfManyShows

"The gems needs to be charged. We are going to need some of our old books for the curse magic, as well as some expendable critter, and proper restraints. I never threw away what we once used, so we should have it all at our house."

It were something that she wished to make remarks about when others could hear it: That Sapphire and her had a very dark past, and that it wouldn't stay buried, no matter how much her sister wished to distance herself from it. That perfect new image wouldn't be allowed to remain untainted, and Emerald did not lie. She had kept everything from back then that her sister had not taken or destroyed. Some pretty unsavory things could still be found there, though whatever or not these items mentioned had been shared between them, or from something Emerald or Sapphire did separately, wasn't completely guaranteed. The memories of the past were hazy in certain areas, though she were sure this had been the sort used for group projects.

"I don't have a body, so you will need to cast the spells, sister. We will go over the changes to it when everything is ready."

@FanOfManyShows

"It does have a nicer ring to it than your uhm... Descriptive moniker."

So this were the disgraced general then... She honestly didn't know what to feel about that. It certainly would make it harder to sell this to the current generals, as having the only member of their rank who had ever been removed from their records would most likely make it hard to not be biased against him. The worst there would likely be Screecher, as her code of honor and strict adherence to the law would potentially make her see Chariot as a disgrace that needed to feel the full extent of the law. The other two were impossible to say.

Iron were new, and Tidal Wave hadn't been in enough of these sorts of high profile trials to give a good sense of how to deal with things. Normally the Night and Solar guard handled things in the capitol on their own after all.

*sigh* They'd have to see, though this were going to be a tough sell. All the whilst Hogweed had to ask herself how she were going to take it  when she had to champion the cause of a traitor,  with a story that weren't as black and white as one might have expected.

"I was just uhm, y'know, asking about Shrill because there is a hole in the history of generals along him. A brief entry, but... I guess that's you then.

It might make the trial harder, but we will likely see soon enough. The coronation should likely end within the hour, and then the first order of business will probably be your case, soon as General Iron is settled in. We should know more before the day is done."

@FanOfManyShows

"Old history, ain't a hurry to rummage through that. Now let's get on to some actual business talk so we can get the boring stuff outta the way, eh? I hear ya have yourself some wonky guy calling himself Warlock locked up in here? He's the one that went whammy on the town?"

"Yes, and an important order of business will be to deal with it with some haste. I would suggest that we set up a trial tomorrow morning to give us time to gather up the necessary judges, juries, and so forth."

"Bah, slow and pointless. This lad mainly went in and messed with our military and national security, we don't need an open court for that. Get 'im dragged in in chains and let us handle it tonight, then pass along the word once we're done with it. Better sooner than later."

The two of them locked gaze for a moment before turning their eyes to Iron, waiting to hear his suggestions and/or input on the two currently proposed ideas. He were a general too after all, so his word on this had to be heard and taken into consideration before they made a decision.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"I'll wear a frog costume with antlers. Take it or leave it."

"Lucid hates dresses and tutus. He thinks they are ruining the water supply."

"Yeah! Tutus and dresses ruin the water suppl- wait did you read her mind again?"

"What? No! I read the author's mind."