Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

as most likely expected, Ruby didn't reall pay attention to the short conversation between Marley and Spicy, and she just focused on the stage, and her focus didn't visibly change before the coins came up, and even then she got only more focused. She always bid just as little as possible after the previous bid, and ultimately was satisfied with the result being just as she expected, it was like she knew these creatures better than they knew themselves. If the question when she would want to handle the payment was asked, Ruby would answer with paying it later, as she wanted to do it at the same time as spicy would do her payment, because it was just easier that way.
A satisfied smirk could be seen on her face when she won the bid.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada just blinked, she wasn't really surprised by Berry's reaction, even though she was taken off guard, and thus decided to ignore it, since Berry seemed willing to change the subject anyways. Thestrals? Night Guard? Moonshine Dust? Nada didn't even try to understand all what Berry had said, though with some logical thinking, she figured Thestrals are the batponies and Night Guard is most likely branch of the royal guard. "There was mangoes, apparently they love mangoes." "But yes, as far as I understood, it's heading to good direction."

(hope I remembered the fruit right.)

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

The approach on the groove proved solemn in the back of the detective's mind.  A feeling he expected many a characters in comic books and novels felt in the climax of their stories. Rarely had Rising Dusk felt this rush, most cases in Equestria never boiling down to some showdown against such a dangerous foe.  This dark power could not and will not endanger Equestria the unicorn told himself in resolution.  Reaching into his saddle bag while he maneuvered around grasping tree branches, he removed a small pea sized red pill.  How Bash managed to fit one hundred and twenty six herbs into something this small and round, always amazed the detective.  Popping it into his mouth, he gave it a hard satisfying crunch and gulp.  Luckily it was too small to have a taste, as something with so many ingredients probably wouldn't be all that pleasant.  Already he could feel a warmth wash over his tired body,his muscles tightened and energy returned to the weary detective.  The clock was ticking.

Taking in his surrounded as the duo entered the groove.  A quick snap shot to give the detective a permanent view of the soon to be battlefield.  More importantly though, taking in the sheer mass of spell work that hung over the groove.  A last stand if the detective had ever seen one.  It would appear though that the dark wizard had grown tired of Rising Dusk, no longer boastful in his speech and treatment to his appearance.  A pity he thought as he stared at the glaring batpony with an indifferent expression.  Pleasantries were gone and there was no need for a witty comment from the midnight blue stallion.  

All hell broke loose.  Twisted Gears was throwing everything at Rising Dusk expect the kitchen sink.  Which if there was one here in the groove, he was pretty sure it'd have been included.  Adrenaline filled his body, increasing his heart rate and quickening his minds processing speed.  They always say when a pony stares death in the face, time slows down.  When a cart crash that happens in just a fraction of a second can feel like minutes to the victim.  Everything approached him in slow motion.  The magic weaves that spun in the groove in their own dark way was rather beautiful to be honest  Sickly, but with purpose and function.  Spells cast on the fly like these didn't have the time to become their oily tapestries Rising Dusk sees in cursed artifacts.  All weaves ripe for the picking.  This was Rising Dusk's world, the world of a Spell Breaker.  This was art. 

"Shall we dance?" the detective invited.  In a breath black wisps appeared around the unicorn, tens, hundreds of them.  As the two dark spears rushed toward him a squadron of wisps moved in and tore into the spell matrix that made them.  Eviscerating the weave and tearing out the green gem that gave ownership of the spell to the dark wizard.  Rather gruesome to behold, in a manner of speaking, but not something he knew anypony else could actually see.  Bringing the spears to him, he combined them into create a bo staff, reworking the spell to make it a solid mass of dark magic.  Gripping it with his orange magic before leaping back as skeletons raised from the earth.  Swinging the staff about to smash a skeleton apart.  Fragile summons, but necromancy was a difficult thing to deal with as undead like these tended to just reassemble themselves.  Not a problem.  Flipping the staff vertically he caught a wisp with the tip and brought it down on the spell holding the skeleton together, putting an end to the necrotic magics.  One down. 

The agile detective shuffled around the assaulting skeletons and swung his telekinesis powered dark magic bo staff to bring down skeleton after skeleton.  Pivoting on his back hoof to duck under an assault so he could launched an orange energy beam from his horn with its own mix of wisps to end the assailant and its necromancy.  Getting double teamed while still on that back hoof though proved an issue.  Rolling his shoulder into a blow from one skeleton to let himself get sent flying in order to avoid a more lethal blow from the second.  Sure hurt a lot, but better to still have his head.  Rolling twice across the groove, he pulled two glass orbs from his saddle bag filled with pink clouds.  Tossing them out as he got back to his hoofs.  Letting the orbs shatter and release the mist onto the pack of skeletons.  It foamed quickly and covered the undead in the sticky pink gum like substance that Scarlet used against the wickermen.  Splitting his bo staff in half, each end went flaccid and became dark whips that Rising Dusk used to sever the spells of two skeletons that managed to not get stuck with a cross slash.

His shoulder hurt and throbbed, but he didn't have the time for minor pains.  Turning his attention toward the dark wizard while his hoofs were still stuck in the ground.  Combining the whips back into one large spear.  Launching the dark magic back to Twisted Gears, but it didn't get half way between the two before Rising Dusk used his wisps to alter the spell and make the one large spear burst into dozens of smaller one's, each tipped with shield piercing black wisps.  Granted they'd ended up being altered binding spells should they hit, but hopefully that looked scary enough just being spears.  A couple hidden wisps on standby ready should he try to rift them away again, a strategy that won't work a second time.

Another problem presented itself in the form of wickerbirds, but it wasn't hard to see the mind altering spells that caged each of them.  His eyes darted like reading a book, then found the part of the weave with the message that drove them.  Meeting Twisted Gear's flock with his own flock of wisps, he cast them to rewrite the the driving force that set them upon the detective as 'Go home.'

Already Rising Dusk was panting from the initial fight and the primordial darkness that billowed forth from the crack the batpony created was taking the detective's full attention.  "Can't fight for yourself Mr. Gears?  Suusha should have found a better disciple," the detective chuckled, knowing full well the dark god that gripped this land could hear him.  And well, he needed the quick breather while his wisps slowly returned to him with their tasks complete.  He was pushing himself hard to maintain these numbers of wisps, but it was more than necessary.

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Blitz Boom @Dji "Extremely, I think I had at least a dozen panic attacks in the first month, and that was just at school. Eventually I found some friends who accepted me as I was" She mutters the next part under her breath, "although Melody Beat can stop pestering me to start a cover band". She coughs into her hoof, "and that only covered my school years in Manehatten. When I moved to Canterlot, I basically became a Hermit"

@Lucid_Nightlight

"The hamster doesn't eat flesh silly, they eat sweat, and sugar. Flesh are things like... Ah, that one over there. Author person, describey nowie!"

I'm really starting to hate my job...

The draconequus pointed at a small rat-like creature made of orange goo bouncing merely along the way. It didn't look like much in itself honestly. Just a slime of some kind.

"Pff, that's just because it needs prey. Check this out."

Anomaly threw a chicken towards the creature and it- "No, no. I am NOT describing what's happening right now. Its sick and revolting.

"Stop being such a foal. It's natural and beautiful."

Oh god it's still wriggling. And it's eyes is... They're... *author runs off to the toilet to vomit*

"Hey! Come back here you coward! This a perfectly normal act of predator and prey, just with a teensie bit more tentacles, crushing and gurgling sounds. It's not something to run away from like a chicken.

...Meh, he's gone. What a wuss. Anyway, that over there were an everything eater. I made it to combat the piranhabats, and they certainly worked. Ate all of them, then started to eat eachother and other things they could run into. Not a whole lot of them left I think. Especially with Rose liking to mallet them... Eh, I'll look into it later.

Whatwere we talking about otherwise? Uhm... Oh, right. Zhu. He doesn't like being bitten, and starts to bite too if he does. He's got like, brain venom that makes you go bonkers for a time, which is kinda fun. For me anyway. Ponies and stuff never seems happy with whatever they're seeing. He can also look into the futures, like a seer. It's kinda cool, but he's so slow to react to things when he's doing that. I like to throw tomatoes at him when that happens, hehe."

======================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 5/12/2019 at 4:34 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"Good morning, Amethyst. We're fine, more or less, and you look like you're doing well yourself today. Could you take a look at something for us?

"Well of course darlings. Come closer and let's have a look."

The days that the others had spent to go out and procure the statue that Scarcity had requested of them, Amethyst had spent cleaning up her store after the attack, and then refining what changeling emeralds had been there. No need to waste them after all, no? It were looking rather good here too in her opinion, even if she had to pay overtime to her workers to get it done properly. It was a small investment compared to the trouble she'd have if she were closed long enough for ponies to look elsewhere for their jewelry. She were trying to run a business here after all, and customers not bothering with her store could impact that long term.

The emeralds should be ready for sale later today, once they had been fitted into some proper jewelry, but she were sure that Sen, Lin and Omen cared little for seeing more of them anytime soon. A situation that one could hardly blame them for.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:34 AM, EQ_Theta said:

"A jeweled beast heart," Sen began, hushing his voice. "We came to you on Clayton's recommendation. He said you'd know more about this than him, even mentioned a rhyme.

Amethyst's smile started to stiffen once she saw what it were they had brought into her store, and her eyes darted tot he side to see if the others in the place had bitten notice in what were shown. Thankfully they seemed to be occupied with their own conversation over engagement rings, and didn't get curious about what were happening here with the pulsating lump of crystal that the longma siblings had brought in here.

"Not in here. Follow me please."

Amethyst whispered back in a hushed tone, and led the three of them past the desk so that they could follow her to the back rooms. Before leaving though, the mare would wave towards the clerk to get his attention, which she got within seconds.

"Glitter, I will have to go into the back and evaluate a find in privacy. Please tend to any other who arrives too. And please, if the young stallion wishes to find something truly extraordinary to whomever occupies his heart, feel free to inform him of our incoming range of jewelry. I'm sure a stallion of his standing would wish for something spectacular."

The clerk nodded and pulled out a small tray from beneath the desk with some samples of refined changeling emeralds that had yet to be added to a ring, necklace, or other thing. Something which truly did seem to capture the interest of the young noble, and they fell into conversation about this quickly. There should be no further interruptions from them.

When they got to the back, Amethyst would lead them to a backroom that she used to evaluate gems in. Some of the changeling emeralds that had been refined were up on shelves, waiting to be cut and placed into proper jewelry, and on a nearby table stood little more than a few microscopes and a stands where one could place a gem in and rotate around as needed be, with several small, padded clamps there to be able to keep it in place for the duration.

"I apologize for the secrecy, but something like that is a troubling and delicate matter to discuss, and I wouldn't want rumor being spread that something like that were in my store, much less this town.

To begin with, I can inform you that you cannot destroy it. What you see there is as broken down as it have been possible to keep those creatures, and so far it appears to be dormant too, which is something you should thank their lucky star for.

What you are holding there, is the heart - or core if you prefer - of an ancient creature called a crystal beast. We're talking at least four millennia old for the first recorded incident I have been told of them, and they are likely even older than that, though I don't think that is what concerns you, is it? No, you surely would rather hear what the creatures were, which are hard to describe. As I have been told, they were of varied sizes, and represented forms similar to beings of flesh and blood, but with a huge want for covering both their own and other lands in crystal, to multiply and make the world their own.

It were a long fight between them and their only natural enemy, the refractions, but eventually they managed to get the upper hoof, broke down the beasts as much as they could, and hid their dormant hearts throughout the world, where no being should be able to find them. Not always with success sadly, and with their kinds decline, they can't monitor all of the locations anymore, so things such as this happens.

*sigh* If I had known back then that this is what we were mining around, I would have made sure the mine got closed, but unfortunately I were unaware of these things until after the horrible incident, and at that point, I couldn't move it without potentially causing trouble for my old companions, or releasing Filigree, and neither were acceptable. It is also why I did not tell the dear Clayton or any others the details of this, as I did not want them to try and go to interfere and accidentally activate the heart. Thank Celestia that you all ensured that when it did, things did not escalate to a situation that could not be fixed."

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hey, nice buy Ruby. Here's hoping there's some good stuff in the lucky pouch."

Spicy grinned at the hidden dragon as she won her coins. First trip here, and she already bought and sold something. Fit in like a brick in a wall this one.

"Anything else that caught your folks eyes that you wanna hang around for?"

"Not particularly, but I will stay here and observe things. One never knows what may pop up. You two can feel free to go and pick up your prizes though."

"Eh, I'll watch for a bit and see what's what."

(ten minutes later)

"Aaaand I'm bored. Have fun with the over-prized jingle tough guy. I'm off to get my prize. You're in Ruby?"

They'd go back to the clerk if she were, and wait in a small line to get to the front.

====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Mangoes? Huh, guess that explains why I keep finding so many mango cores whenever the Night Guard's been in town. Nopony local eats them. Apple country, y'know? They aren't too open to new things. You should've seen the spectacle when the first pear seller got into town. Applejack got reeeal testy there for a while."

There were still stories about how that whole confrontation had gone, but thankfully it didn't escalate too much as Big Mac had been more open to other fruits getting introduced into town, and he'd been able to calm her down eventually. Been a weird week, but darn if it weren't funny.

"If you need any info on the locals, you can just ask me. I get to see the side of them they don't wanna show to others, just as much as the up front parts. You wouldn't believe the sort of dirt I have on the mayor for example. That mare's got a dark side.

But we can cover that sorta thing once you got really into the place, gets accepted, and we dig out a pond of your own. Sounds like you're on the right track, so I doubt that's gonna take too long. Though I guess since the princesses are discussing it, they'd want you in for a group meeting, then cover stuff with the generals too, so they know to send words to the their guards, as well as the varied police departments, and bla. bla. bla. Basically, once you're given the big hooves up from the princesses, you're likely fine here in Ponyville, but other places could take a few weeks. Plenty of time to dig out someplace for you in town, or are you aiming to be one of the forest dwellers? You'd get yourself some weird neighbors then."

=======================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

8 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

As the two dark spears rushed toward him a squadron of wisps moved in and tore into the spell matrix that made them.  Eviscerating the weave and tearing out the green gem that gave ownership of the spell to the dark wizard.

So the insolent whelp were going directly for the stone that he used to channel this spells through? He would learn that it would not hamper his abilities much, as the rest of the onslaught went on without delay regardless of this minor loss.

Twisted had certain spells prepared and readied in stones around him, this included, as it cost him less focus, and worked excellent as an ambush attack, but most of the time, his way of magic simply used objects like this gem, his rings, or the gears on his boots to channel his power through. one being gone would matter little, whilst all of them being destroyed would require more drastic measures being taken into use for him to be able to cast spells.

Were they outside of Harrowmark, there would be some truth in him having stored magic in the various objects on himself to make himself powerful, as his magic - especially the sacrificial aspects - were reliant on the dark power of Harrowmark to flow freely. Were he forced to move outside the country, he would need these things. That being said, there were one thing that could be attacked which would hamper him greatly, and that were the gears on his boots. Three on each, which all worked together on each leg as both a holding cell for life energy, as well as the tools of the trade to use them, so to speak. Were Rising to get hold of all four of these, he could stop the time-based magic from being workable with any degree of ease.

Rolling twice across the groove, he pulled two glass orbs from his saddle bag filled with pink clouds.  Tossing them out as he got back to his hoofs.  Letting the orbs shatter and release the mist onto the pack of skeletons.  It foamed quickly and covered the undead in the sticky pink gum like substance that Scarlet used against the wickermen.

The skeletons moaned and wriggled as best they could to fight against their restraints, but to no avail. These were not revenants, ghouls or abominations. They were mere bones fueled by dark magic and under the will of whoever cast the spell that animated their bones. Lest energy were used to free them via an outside spell, they would remain stuck, and with what Twisted were summoning forth right now, he could not waste the energy to free a bunch of useless distractions like this. if they could not take down their target, there were others who would, and they would no longer be worth the energy spent keeping them active.

The light flicking deep in every socket fizzled out as the bones stopped moving, deprived of the magic that kept them moving as the witch cut off his supply of energy to them. Instead this were directed to the wicker birds, who were currently being assaulted in their own way by the capable detective from Equestria.

Another problem presented itself in the form of wickerbirds, but it wasn't hard to see the mind altering spells that caged each of them.  His eyes darted like reading a book, then found the part of the weave with the message that drove them.  Meeting Twisted Gear's flock with his own flock of wisps, he cast them to rewrite the the driving force that set them upon the detective as 'Go home.'

Had this magic gotten through, the creatures would simply have gone into a frenzy, as confusing orders were placed into their otherwise simple minds.. However, with what Rising were doing at the same time, there had not been energy to spare on those either, as as their new directive were rapidly implanted into their minds, they broke formation and flew up into the air, to fly away to other corners of the country.

Much as the wicker creatures may seem like malicious entities, most of them weren't normally any worse than regular predators. It were the corruption of creatures such as Twisted that made them vicious monsters, deprived of more meaning than that of weapons to be directed to anyone foolish enough to go against their masters.

Certain members of their kind were naturally vile though, such as the wasps, but avoiding such a thing were impossible when you were a creature raised from a land brimming with dark magic. It were bound to include especially cruel and vile versions, though thankfully still ones that could be controlled with fire.

9 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

His shoulder hurt and throbbed, but he didn't have the time for minor pains.  Turning his attention toward the dark wizard while his hoofs were still stuck in the ground.  Combining the whips back into one large spear.  Launching the dark magic back to Twisted Gears, but it didn't get half way between the two before Rising Dusk used his wisps to alter the spell and make the one large spear burst into dozens of smaller one's, each tipped with shield piercing black wisps.  Granted they'd ended up being altered binding spells should they hit, but hopefully that looked scary enough just being spears.  A couple hidden wisps on standby ready should he try to rift them away again, a strategy that won't work a second time.

Twisted looked at the spears with gnashing teeth. Did this pony really think that he could use the stallion's own darkness against him? This wouldn't stand.

Rifts were quickly opened to take the hits, but were dispelled about as quickly as they were summoned, which sent the spears soaring towards Twisted. He could almost feel them upon his skin, and taste the binding magic that stood ready to force him into place, and make him ripe for arrest. If they all hit him, he'd be finished before he truly started, and centuries of hard work would have been for nothing. He would have failed Suusha, and would face the terrible ending that befell anyone who did so.

Yet, as were mentioned, he did have a trick up his sleeve. Or rather, in his shoes.

Every gear cranked several steps as the myriad of small spears were about to hit him, and as if it had been a mere fata morgana, they would vanish into thin air. Using some of the time he had stolen from countless beings throughout the centuries, he had reversed the time on the area needed to make it as if the wisps had never been cast towards him, and were just removed after the boa staff head served its purpose. For Rising, it would likely be the most clear to say that it had simply been removed from the timeline, which had also been shown in an earlier phase, when Twisted had shown off by reverting time on that flower in Manehattan through the rift. This were his strongest type of magic, yet it had some limitations unfortunately, such as it not working on beings with souls. He could not simply send Rising a few hundred years away, or remove him from the timeline, as he were neither close enough to Rising's birthplace to be able to reach so far, nor again, were able to manipulate any being who possessed a soul. Also, messing with the time to rapidly age or make younger someone were not a big issue, but this sort of manipulation that had just been shown could only work in manners of seconds, not years, and it were taxing to use this much at once without preparation.

He were loathe of having to do this, as exerting enough of this time manipulation proved tiring enough to make sweat drip down from his forehead, and his muscles starting to ache, but more than anything else: Rising would know now. Seeing this much used at once, and where it came from, there were no way that the detective wouldn't be able to see and then be able to counter this stuff the next time now, which out a limit on what Twisted had of time before he'd lose this battle.

9 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Already Rising Dusk was panting from the initial fight and the primordial darkness that billowed forth from the crack the batpony created was taking the detective's full attention.  "Can't fight for yourself Mr. Gears?  Suusha should have found a better disciple," the detective chuckled, knowing full well the dark god that gripped this land could hear him.  And well, he needed the quick breather while his wisps slowly returned to him with their tasks complete.  He was pushing himself hard to maintain these numbers of wisps, but it was more than necessary.

"I am the *gasp* most faithful there is, or ever will be! *wheeze* Zon'vir! Greatest of his will, rise and show this *cough* interloper the true darkness of Harrowmark."

Dark, pulsating tendrils grew up Twisted's legs as he yelled this out as best as he could for the darkness below, before the tendrils made him yelp in pain. He were being used as an anchor by the creature who were now starting to rise, and the pain of being this semi-vessel were a painful affair.

A giant clawed hand of shadow, rose from below and grasped on to the side of the open chasm. Primordial magic oozed from it like oil, corrupted and ancient, as ingrained as it were into the very dirt they stepped on.

The rest of the creature would soon follow, and the enormous shadow creature would tower above them like a king cobra above a freshly hatched chicken. The trees around them were torn aside with a single swoop of each of the creatures massive, clawed hands, and as the dark face had clear view of the field, white blobs would open up for eyes, and a line of smaller openings would make for a large, creepy smile on the creatures face, as it focused on Rising.

"🅟🅞🅦🅔🅡🅕🅤🅛 🅑🅞🅓🅨... 🅘 🅦🅐🅝🅣 🅘🅣..."

The voice were said with a gleeful, ghastly voice, as Zon'vir reached down to take Rising, and do whatever unspeakable things an ancient evil would do to you if it had the chance. This fight weren't over yet.

=========================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Dji

"I'm sorry to hear that, Serenade. But why would you not have friends when you came to Canterlot? Is something wrong with the capitol? I've only heard about it a little from visitors to the old castle, so I don't really know anything. It's after my time."

Also after the time of where the books in the Castle of Two Sisters reached to, so yeah, no luck there to find out anything. Still, she had just assumed that it were a beautiful city far from here, where everything had gotten far better than it had here, though from what Serenade had just said, something had to be wrong there, right? Why else would she isolate herself, when she previously had friends that she could trust?

@Blitz Boom

Gaea hid herself in the bushes nearby so they could wait for some unsuspecting group to spring the trap.  It would however be hours before a single covered wagon would come into view, and by then Gaea had fallen asleep in her bush.  It was early afternoon as the wagon drew closer.  The odds of a single wagon rolling a wheel directly over the trap were slim, but if it didn’t happen they might have to wait an extra day to find the thieves, since it seemed today wasn’t a popular day for traveling.  The wagon was fairly large, with a couple of ponies pulling it, and a few inside with the boxes they were transporting.

@Blitz Boom

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I’ve tried using stored magic for the frosting, and it has a negative effect on the flavor.  And as for Robert here,” Penny replied, lifting the flap of her bag slightly so Scarcity could see inside, “He’s a chocolate frog I made after seeing a certain series of movies.  When I made him, and he looked into my eyes I knew I could never let him get eaten.”  She closed the bag again after Scarcity got a peek, since if she left it open Robert would probably try to jump out and down the street.  “If he ever gets loose, don’t use your magic on him because it’ll cause him to melt.  As far as understanding him goes, I guess you could say I speak chocolate more than I speak critter.”  They were almost at the door of Penny’s shop now, but Penny still didn’t realize she had brought them all the way back instead of going to Tock’s shop.

@Blitz Boom @Dji "Not the Capital itself, the Nobles. Most of them are self-centered, egotistic rugrats. Two in particular found it....amusing to make my life difficult. I was the newly appointed Astronomer Royale to the Night Court, about 5 years prior to Princess Luna's return. So for all intents and purposes, I was a paper pusher. The Night Court at the time was a dumping ground for any pony certain Nobles wanted away from Princess Celestia"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Novia looked over at the strange creature, almost tempted to eat it. She didn't eat it though because she wanted to save room for drinking some antifreeze.

"Heh, the author is gonna be so mad when he finds his TV remote being flushed just as he enters the bathroom."

Lucid decided to ask something.

"Any idea when someone will actually open the cards? If they don't open them soon, we might have to just pull them through so the marriage can begin."

"But what about the living arrangement?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight
Rearranged a word.

@Blitz Boom

It was to be expected, having this sudden shift in tone. Good thing any patrons didn't seem to notice the jeweled heart despite Amethyst hushing her voice and the longma siblings following her into a back room. A serious topic of conversation this will be and there was no doubt it would lead to something rather unfavorable about what the heart truly is. Lin was the first to enter the room after Amethyst and besides the emeralds, there instruments around her were confusing and odd; she was unsure what to make of them. Ponies sure do have a lot of strange objects or this one was just unique to ponies in this profession. 

Once Amethyst began to explain what the heart is, the siblings had some of their suspicions confirmed, a little of it debunked with Lin breathing a sigh of relief but it didn't make hearing the rest of it any easier to swallow. Creatures like these roamed the world, ancient and mighty if their penchant for covering the world in crystal had anything to say about them. Even a little lesson about the refractions was a nice addition, something that could be useful for Shrimp down the line and a potential for a future prospect. If the refractions are in decline and Shrimp's egg coming from a sibling of Omen's, there might be a way for them to come back. That was an affair for another time as the current matter is of much importance. 

Sen sat there quietly and contemplated what he learned. Lin likewise paced about and pinched the bridge of her nose before turning back to Amethyst.

"I guess the only option is to hide the heart away some place where no one will ever think to look; I think we have a place in mind. Are there precautions for us to consider? Maybe some kind of special container to keep the heart in?"

"We should also let you know about something else," Sen began, looking concerned about what he was about to add to the conversation. "Filigree... she's escaped. We only learned about it earlier and it might be helpful for you to know. We didn't tell Clayton about this since he's already had plenty to worry about, though I assume he would find out sooner or later. A guard came to his place to confirm some details about our encounter with Filigree."

There was a lengthy silence between both Sen and Lin, looking towards each other and wondering if they did the right thing warning Amethyst and if they should have told Clayton earlier. That moment of respite from learning the origin of the heart and realizing it wasn't related to the wellspring was good and all but even that relief was short-lived.

"Sorry if this news ruined your day but we thought to warn you in case Filigree would come after you again. At this point, she knows about us as well and that would make us all targets. All the more reason to make sure she doesn't get her hooves on this jeweled heart, right?" 

@Blitz Boom
"Nothing" Ruby simply replied to the question asked.
She followed Spicy to the payment area and situated behind her in the line. She didn't have anything to comment or specifically do other than wait, so she focused on her senses and figuring out everything around them in case there was anything interesting, which she doubted, but like said, it wasn't like she had anything better to do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada had no idea who Applejack was, but didn't comment on it.
"Firstly, there's no need for information about ponies, I rather get to know them myself." "I don't need information they don't want to share...until it dangers me or something of course." "And then for my living place, I understood it will be something like this house, and until then, I'll be staying here." 

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk had always been rather gifted with multitasking.  A necessary skill of course for what he does in his efforts to Dispel and Counter magics.  Rarely does one see a fashion pony commanding dozens of needles and threads to sow a dress like he does with his wisps.  Even he has his limits though.  With everything he'd just done to fend for himself from the onslaught by the dark wizard, he still had to watch as those gears cranked on Twisted shoes.  The detective wasn't quick enough to tend to the time magic even as it blossomed out to put an end to the binding spells he created, and even the wisps he had ready.  He did manage to deal with the rifts he was expecting, so at least something came of it.  Also having another look at the weave that made up the time magic was beneficial and he'd be ready for them the next time.  More importantly though, as the unicorn was slowly recovering, he could see the effect using such magic on the fly like that had on the batpony.  It looked exhausting and not to be something that could be used repeatedly.  Something of note.  Plus it was curious that such magic wasn't used on him or Thistle, another limitation perhaps.

Rising Dusk also needed to take stock on the fact that half of the summoned wisps he commanded had been completely removed by the Time Pulse, he'll call it.  Luckily the wisps weren't singular objects, but instead a form of magic.  More accustom to blood or something that regenerates after a time.  He'd never actually tested how many wisps he could command at a time and this wasn't likely the best place to test such a thing.  The results would be tainted anyways while under the effects of the red pill that gave him his current boost.  He could call out more wisps if he needed.  As a small bonus though, with the removal of a chuck of the summoned wisps, a decent weight was lifted from the strain on his magic since he didn't have to maintain as many.  Small victories he supposed.

A small victory now in the face of a new threat though.  Black tendrils snaked up the batpony's legs as he became the anchor for a summoned being.  Not even using an artifact to do it, but instead one's own body was extreme, both in the affects on the caster, but also in what could be called with such power and life energy.  The pain of it he could only imagine as he could see the magic that went into the summoning.  Always more nasty to see an anchor spell tangle in with life energy that was still attached to a pony and not just a captured soul.  Calling back his wisps, he could already pretty well guess that the need for wide coverage was no longer a concern as large claws pulled up a mass of darkness like a cobra with arms and claws.

His ears flattened as large claws swept trees and suddenly the groove became a much larger one.  A good display of power, he'd give it that.  Time to switch gears, pun intended, here as the large creature moved to grab for the unicorn.  "Hey now!  You haven't even bought me dinner yet," Rising Dusk warned the creature and got himself into motion.  Rolling to the side to avoid the claws and coming up on his hoof to sprint around the edge of the newly grown groove to circle the darkness.  Loosing a beam of orange energy from his horn into the creature, luckily it was a large target.  Not that he was going to lie to himself and believe even with a power boost that he could match anything near what The Captain or Gold Mane could.  Right now though he was fishing for effects.  Casting his gaze in Thistle's direction.  How much power did the Dark God have to give up to maintain this creature he wondered.  Things have been going on so long here in Harrowmark, he wasn't sure the feeding of the Goddess the magics from the other construct was even a drop in the bucket.  The frame of reference was still muddy to the detective in terms of power.  Like comparing two similar Suns and trying to figure out which was stronger.

@Rising Dusk

The creature missed the first strike as Rising rolled away, and instead ended up grasping a large chunk of dirt instead. A chunk which he took out of the ground and lifted to his face to get a closer feel of the energy that sprung from the pony he had been summoned to oppose.

"🅢🅣🅡🅞🅝🅖 🅕🅞🅡 🅐 🅜🅞🅡🅣🅐🅛... 🅢🅤🅘🅣🅐🅑🅛🅔... 🅓🅔🅢🅘🅡🅐🅑🅛🅔..."

The beam would hit him after that, and Zon'vir would hiss at the impact and raise a hand to shield his face, yet it would do nothing to disperse the darkness that made his being. In fact, after the short amount of hissing were over with, a bellowing, slithering laughter would emerge from him, and he'd look down upon Rising with an even bigger grin poked into the lifeless darkness that made for his face.

"🅨🅞🅤 🅗🅤🅡🅣 🅐 🅓🅔🅜🅘🅖🅞🅓... 🅜🅞🅡🅣🅐🅛 🅒🅡🅔🅐🅣🅤🅡🅔..."

He lowered a hand towards where Rising stood now, and unleashed a swarm of smaller hands from his palm, who would seek out and try to capture the meddlesome mortal. Behind him, anchored to his might, Twisted were getting the tendrils squirming further up his body as he stood there with a pained expression amidst a silent scream. Being anchored to a being like this were at the best of times, an incredibly painful thing to do, but Zon'vir would not show himself and leech of a prepared artifact. It were beneath him, and as such, he'd anchor himself to whoever chose to risk it by summoning him, and then siphon off their misery and life force the longer he were there to keep himself present. He were a creature born of the pure darkness of Harrowmark after all, not a being of flesh and blood. He needed some to sustain himself on, and right now, that were Twisted.

Most were not willing to take a risk like this. The demigod were an old, treacherous creature that took a lot of power to summon, and then something worth his time to not simply have him turn around and drag the summoner down to the deep pits with him. Something which he might do anyway, if he found you unworthy, or simply wished to out of spite. The only ones who tended to have been able to counter or dispel him were members of Viz'nay's disciples, and they were the last who'd ever consider summoning him. They knew better than to stir that which should remain sleeping.

A disciple would also be the salvation of Rising, as he'd suddenly find himself shielded from the hands aiming for him by a pale pair of moth wings, wrapping around him and keeping the darkness from embracing him. He'd be able to feel the power of the weakened goddess in every little inch of this spell/manifestation, as well as a certain kind of magical emotion, like the goddess had done before. A vague thread with a feeling best described as a protective warmth, like one close to you would show in a dark time when comfort were needed. It wouldn't be perfect though, as there would still be a strange vibe over the magic, which he might now better be able to identify as having some relation to both soul and celestial magic, yet on a higher plane than what mortals could posses.

"ℍ𝕖 𝕚𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖, 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕟𝕖."

Thistle stood behind him, directing a light that slithered up from the dirt to herself, whom she used as a conduit to cast the large wings. The power that had been purified and directed back into the ground by Rising's manipulation were a slowly filtering thing, yet his quick thinking on how to turn this construct against its own creator, were now what gave the strength needed to keep him from the grasping hands, whom no matter how hard they tried, could not pass through, and would eventually retreat back into the hand that summoned them.

"🅢🅗🅔 🅘🅢 🅖🅔🅣🅣🅘🅝🅖 🅢🅣🅡🅞🅝🅖🅔🅡..."

Suddenly, Twisted were risen from the dirt in the tendrils that wrapped him more or less from shoulders to hooves now.

"N-No!  Suusha won't allow it. He needs his herald!"

The only response he got as these words were slung out with a desperate fear were a cackling laughter from above, as more tendrils squeezed around the stallion. Something which neither he, nor Rising would be able to stop. The officer would only be able to stand and watch as things unfolded, as even if he tried to retaliate, it would require him to try and break through his own protection. And if he did that, the monster were going to get him instead.

"🅨🅞🅤 🅐🅡🅔 🅝🅞🅣 🅗🅘🅢 🅗🅔🅡🅐🅛🅓... 🅙🅤🅢🅣 🅗🅘🅢 🅟🅐🅦🅝... 🅐 🅕🅐🅘🅛🅤🅡🅔...

🅨🅞🅤 🅐🅡🅔 🅦🅔🅐🅚... 🅑🅤🅣 🅣🅔🅜🅟🅔🅡🅔🅓... 🅟🅔🅡🅗🅐🅟🅢 🅨🅞🅤 🅢🅣🅘🅛🅛 🅗🅐🅥🅔 🅢🅞🅜🅔 🅤🅢🅔..."

With that, he'd laughing into Twisted's face, who'd get a horrified expression and try to start a scream before he were interrupted by Zon'vir, who'd grab the stallion in his hand, and then plunge directly back into the chasm he had sprung from. It would close behind him as the last of his being had slithered down long enough, leaving not a trace behind of the primordial being, or of Twisted.

"𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣. 𝔸𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕."

Thistle sounded tired, and if Rising had not meddled with her spell before this, she'd unfurl the wings and slump down to the ground. Even a spirit like her could feel weary with a pressure like what had just been applied to her in the pursuit of trying to keep Rising safe until they could figure out what to do against their greater foe, yet now things had changed. Twisted were gone, dragged to a place where no mortal being could reach him, as part of some plan that the demigod seemed to have for him.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕥𝕠 ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕠𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟, 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣. 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕡𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕖, 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕟 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕤𝕙𝕒'𝕤 𝕘𝕣𝕚𝕡. 𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪."

Her voice were strained and somewhat hallow, yet there were some degree of joy in her voice, and a small smile on her face. They had won an important battle now, though as she said, they still had work to be done, if they didn't want Suusha to suddenly rear his head forth regardless of their actions. As it stood now, they had merely bought themselves some time.

=============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

When they eventually got to the front of the line, Spicy let Ruby go first, which would go as smoothly as it had before, just without the need of portals, since the clerk were well aware that the mare carried enough petty cash for this minor transaction. The seller weren't here right now, so they wouldn't have to interact with him, but just pay, and then be on their way.

Spicy wouldn't have the seller here either, so she also just got up, leaned on the desk, and signed the right sort of papers before getting the cash she'd nicked out of her bag and putting them on the desk. She had to write down as she didn't trust the seller enough to not think he'd run one by her somehow, though it were a small chance. He were just a sort of devious little thing sometimes who'd enjoy doing that just to amuse himself, and she'd prefer to have a paper trail if it got to that.

In return, she'd then be granted an inscribed golden box. Ruby would be able to tell that it were solid gold, as well as it containing 52 slabs of some sort of thin crystals of shifting colors, formed like a deck of cards.

"An authentic Marvel Roulette deck of wonders. Never thought I'd get one this cheap, but I'm sure happy I did. These things are not easy to get by, and especially not after Marvel got herself exiled from Equestria. I'd fill you in, but I know you don't give a hoot. Wanna go back to the auction or keep stretching our legs? Kinda boring hanging around there when you've already gotten what you wanted, right?"

==========================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Eh, suit yourself. I like to know who I'm really talking to, but it's your own choice if you wanna just keep focused on what's up front."

To each their own she supposed. Personally, she liked to know what the entire story were before she really felt comfortable around somepony. It sorta took away the mystery, but in a world where she knew there were a global conspiracy out to get whoever threatened their power with the truth, she'd just end up getting bit in the flank by ignoring the dirty little secrets others tried to hide. Besides, it wasn't like she shared the info around normally, so what was the harm in her knowing a little here and there? So far it didn't seem like anypony really knew, and just blamed some hungry critters for the occasional mess near their garbage. Though she had a few under suspicion for knowing, but just observing, yet she hadn't any proof yet.

"But anyway, it sounds like you got yourself a good deal. A nice place to lay low with access to the outside, and plenty of fish from what I can see. Serenade's really pushing a nice nest here that she'd been letting you hang around in. Best keep hold of that one Nada. Friends that let you crash with them until you get back on your hooves aren't as common as you'd think.

Still, gonna be fun seeing where they'll place your house. Guessing somewhere away from the sauna, or you're just gonna end up steamed from the warm water pumping in. Can't have that, but not sure where they'd place it otherwise. Not too much space left in town these days... Though there is a few houses not in use that might be usable with some elbow grease and a lot of shoveling. Guess the mayor needs to be in over that when it is though."

========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Amethyst looked genuinely concerned and afraid when they informed her that Filigree had escaped from prison. She knew that it were a possibility that perhaps she'd get off with an easy punishment, or none at all, but just escaping like that? There weren't any oversight or bars now to keep her at least a little in check, so she might soon try to take over Equestria again.

"This is grave news... Even without this beast heart, there are others, and they might control even nastier things than the changeling emeralds. She will not be happy about this."

She clamped up as she said that last bit and tried to compose herself. She should not say anything about Her, and she well knew it. This were just a slip of the tongue after a depressing and disturbing set of news regarding the pony that had already caused a lot of harm to this country. She'd just have to take a few seconds and compose herself before it ended up with her spouting off more things that should not be shared. No matter how well meaning these beings were, it would take a good deal for her to share further on who she had been briefly speaking about, considering the delicate situation with that one.

Yet, they'd likely not care much for that either right now, as much as learning of how to deal with the beast heart. Perhaps she could at least be of some service there.

"I thank you for at least not breaking this to Clayton. The dear boy have put a massive weight on his shoulders with trying to help our friends of old with everything, and sadly, his mind are not hardened enough to deal with so much at once. The longer he is blissfully unaware, the better, though I doubt the guards will have your finesse about the current situation.

Regardless, you wished to know tips on the heart? As said, I know only stories, but I have been told that every place they were placed in, they were encased in a crystalline case completely drained of any minerals that it could easily grow on. Your refraction may well be able to help you with that, though I can perhaps be of some assistance if you find a lump large enough to then make an opening, and cover it up again.

You must know though, that other crystals that may grow in the area would at least eventually get affected, or it would spawn some itself when time would eventually wear away at the casing. A sad truth, yet one that is inevitable when dealing with these things. This is why it is such an issue with the declining race of the refractions. Time are becoming an issue when dealing with the crystals after... *sigh* But this is not something you need to concern yourself about for the time being. All will come to pass as it must.

Might I ask, what sort of area do you have in mind to keep the heart in? Hopefully a place where one can hardly go, though those areas are becoming hard to find in these times of adventurers."

==============================================================================================

@Moonlit @Dji

"The nobles doesn't sound like good ponies."

So the Night Court had been seen as a dumping ground? Had this something to do with how Princess Luna were once sent away to the moon? It certainly made sense in a way, though it were depressing to think about. One mistake, and your rule became the sort of thing that you'd only get associated with in case they just wanted to get you away from the important things. Hopefully that would change these days, seeing how Luna were back to be part of the ruling body of Equestria.

"Why didn't Princess Celestia do anything about their behavior, if they went around and did things like this? Doesn't she believe those who they're after?"

==============================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Zhu looked on the cart and the ponies dragging it along in silence from the tree crowns, observing the ways that their paths were going to impact their current ambush area. The chance of them actually hitting it seemed slim at first, but he saw some degree of probability in what were shown to him, and one that seemed likely included a few nearby birds that would start making a ruckus and drop something shiny from their nests that one dragging along would halt to pick up. A bit coin it seemed, yet it could simply be a loose piece of gold too. It seemed this distraction would cause the direction to veer just enough for them to end up in the trap itself. Not a good thing, as they needed it for more valuable targets, so he took action.

Making the wind blow through the trees with some purpose, a gust of wind would send the bird who were on its way to inspect the seemingly unattended nest that had drawn its interest off course. Enough time for the owner to hop down from a branch further up and get a seat, which discouraged the other bird from trying again. It would return though, that he could see as his eyes also went over the birds in question that he were manipulating now, yet in neither situation there would be any eggs in the nest to be disturbed, so this were not something which would escalate too much. Depended on whatever or not the hawk he also saw in their future would show or not. It seemed unlikely, but the future were whimsical and constantly in movement. One never knew exactly what might happen, even if he could make educated predictions.

===============================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

"So you've made a golem out of chocolate? What a fascinating feat."

Golems could be made out of basically whatever material you were willing to work on long enough. Dirt might be the baseline, yet she had seen everything from one made of dead bugs to varied crystals and of course, the more dark variants in say, bone or flesh. The later were distasteful in her opinion, and she did hers to have as little to do with that sort as one could in her position, yet she did find fascination in the varied forms and materials that others made them from. This marked both the first time she had seen a frog golem, as well as a variant made out of chocolate. These sorts of things required great magical knowledge, skill and patience to get made as well, so it truly spoke well of Penny, though the weakness to magic seems peculiar. Yet she supposed it had something to do with the material used. Chocolate were likely not the most durable thing to use for these sorts of things.

Scarcity would smile towards the frog as she saw it, and these thought went through her head. She'd have to remember this sort of detail about Penny for another time. One never knew when that might end up being useful.

"I think of having a critter of my own one day, yet I must admit that it is hard to find the time to care enough for a smaller being who are so reliant on you. Perhaps one day I could find something akin to a Discordian Rivermaw, though I suppose Knight Squirrel would be the more accepted, historical term in certain circles. Delightful creatures, though most think them extinct. May I offer that one day you could join me in visiting the reservation that have been set up for them? I think it may interest you to some degree. They are after all among the few races who still carries the chaos of Discord's first rule as an deeply ingrained part of their being, and it makes for quite a peculiar sight."

It were one of her less known investments, to have set up an area where these elusive creatures could live without being further disturbed than they had been back when they lived near where Canterlot would eventually be raised. The encroachment of ponies ion this and other sites, had eventually caused them to leave, and thought extinct eventually, as no signs were found of them. Scarcity had fallen over some reports and had a trail followed mostly by accident, and found them fascinating enough to pull some strings to get part of the cursed swamp they resided near to be considered a reservation, to avoid it getting demolished.  It had caused certain issues in other ways throughout the years, though sadly, this seemed unavoidable, if she were to try and keep this group within travel from Canterlot. Her hope were that when they found this safe haven, they would eventually multiply enough to spread into further groups and be more common around Equestria. Long as the fish population were strong in whatever area they may like, it could support them.

"If I may ask something else though dear? Pray tell, why do you lead us here? Have you forgotten something on the premise?"

========================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Are you sure he have a TV? It looked kinda like it was just a PC and other weird stuff. Meh, might've missed it, who cares? Stuff falling into the toilet's still funny.

And I dunno when the cards get opened, but I wanna get some stuff done before that. I wanna find Rose, then make a fun place to hold the wedding. Come on, let's go look for my house, and hope nopony gets eaten. That always puts a damper on things for others for some reason."

Leading the way further into the... Peculiar forest of unique sights Hey look, he learned to not be mean they'd eventually find a small house on long chicken legs. The chimney on top puffed out random clouds of weird stuff like glitter, candy, critters, and so forth now and again, who'd dissipate quickly like if it were regular smoke.

"It's way bigger on the inside, but isn't it cool? I learned it from some weird pony calling herself Baba Yaga. She tried turning me into a pig, hehe. Funny lady."

Going over the house lowered to allow her and her guests access. Henry didn't seem like he'd fit, but soon as he'd approach, the door would enlarge to let him come into the front room, which were basically just a semi-empty room with a bed made of flowers and pumpkins, along with a bowl of rocks and nails next to it, and a TV on the wall. She considered this her fun room, but one could always expand, like they'd see on the dozen or so portals that were near the wall.

"I got a real good deal on those, and they all lead to other fun rooms! Come on, through this one."

Jumping in first, she'd lead them through a green portal that'd lead them into a huge, cylindrical room that'd go up seemingly forever. Ever now and again, there were a platform with some furniture or other stuff on it, though there were no way to get up there unless you could jump really high or fly. Henry wouldn't even have an advantage, as it seemed like he had been shrunk down as they passed through the portal, and were now only about a head taller than the others, who had kept their sizes. It were very confusing to him, but he'd get used to these sorts of things in time. Wouldn't be much of a choice considering who he were hanging out with.

From further up, a small voice would start to laugh. Feminine from the sounds of things, though what she were laughing at were impossible to see from here.

"Squirrel wrestling. She loves it. Hey Rose! Come down and say hi."

"We got guests?"

The voice were low, but it wouldn't so for long before a humanoid figure with a moth wing and a butterfly wing would flutter down and look at them through her three-colored eyes. Her hair were long and started as dark blue, before lightening up the further down it went like a rainbow, ending in pale-green. She were dressed in an outfit reminiscent of a two piece pair of denim shorts and shirt, just made out of leaves and bark instead. She hadn't any shoes or socks on, which left her delicate feet exposed. Same could be said about the thin tail swinging behind her, but it weren't that delicate, and considering the long, thin needle at the end of the thin, hairy tail, it were also a bigger concern than why somepony wouldn't have footwear.

Smiling to them all, she's also show off a mighty set of fangs and teeth that'd make a werewolf jealous, though she seemed overall friendly and happy to see them. She were also about Henry's size in the current situation, and her skin seemed soft, yet if you looked really close, you could see the myriad of small, flesh-colored scales that actually lined her body.

"Hiya. I'm Rose. Are you friends of my mom, or did she kidnap you to be my friends? It's been a while since the last one."

"Yeah, no idea what happened to him."

"Not a clue either, but I'm sure whoever got hold of him thought he were delicious."

@Blitz Boom 

Lucid and Novia found the room fun, Pringle was sleeping on Lucid's head, and Lumen was making pretty accurate car sounds.

"We're recent friends. Too powerful kidnap."

"Yeah, I'd be eating pumpkin pie if she tried!"

Lumen's eyes lit up.

"I'm gonna have a step-daughter! OH! You should be the flower girl! And the flower pedels will be feathers with super glue on them and you can throw them at everyone!"

@Blitz Boom @Dji "From what I learned, she didn't know of most of it until Luna returned. They kept their actions hidden, and she was kinda busy ruling." Serenade chuckles, grinning. "I remember when Luna first returned, still depowered from her....'banishment', and some of the Nobles though they could bully her. Let me tell you, the Royal Canterlot Voice and the halls of Canterlot Castle gets some very nice echo." She looks around, "actually Princess, I'm pretty sure this place would have just as good if not better acoustics."
"

@Blitz Boom

"Omen showed us a place, this land with poisonous air or something that literally takes your breath away. It had these pools of some kind of liquid that ate away at rocks. We didn't get a chance to explore since we likely wouldn't survive it. Only Omen could do that but we aren't certain if a crystalline container will hold for a very long time if we hide the heart there."

"It was either that or a long abandoned desert temple but we assumed someone will stumble upon that place and likely unearth the jeweled heart if they were thorough. If the sand wouldn't hide the heart, explorers will, and we'd be better off safe than regretful."

Even if they found the most foolproof way to keep the heart from falling into anyone's hooves, there was the aspect of time they could only work as much to their advantage. Time eats away on all things and their most secured methods will only be able to last for a finite amount of time. Even if they are long gone, the jeweled heart may reemerge one day and maybe the next creature who catches glimpse of this may not be so scrupulous. A fear that despite their efforts, it will only stave off the inevitable and this isn't a one-off scenario. Going by Amethyst's statements got both siblings to realize there are many more hearts like the one in their possession. Who is to say those will end up being used to cover Equestria in parasitic crystal?

Perhaps that is the case but Equestria has seen relative peace from this horror for a very long time. Maybe it isn't so bad now and this one heart is the biggest problem among all others like it. Just the one that needs to be settled before another cataclysmic situation arises from this. 

"We don't have a large enough crystal to hide the heart in. The only thing we got now is a wooden box. Is there any place we can go to to look for something suitable? And does it need to be a specific type of crystal for our refraction to drain of its minerals?

@Blitz Boom
Ruby put the bag of coins into the bigger bag that had the bits, and when Spicy got hers, she did her best to ignore the thing after sensing it was yet again something she wanted, travelling with the pair really tested her patience. "I'm glad I have made that clear." "And depends really what your stretching one's legs involve, after all, for some it is just walking, while others may do quite a bit during it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, if I have any say on the topic, I'll ask it to be built near river somewhere close to the forest." Nada said "Because even if everything goes well and I end up getting used to living among ponies again, I will never be comfortable living without having a way to escape just in case something cause ponies hate us again."

(Sorry for shorter one this time, not feeling so good)

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah well, you're not striking me as a curious sort about things that ain't directly impacting you, and so far this isn't.

And I dunno what will happen. I just figure that it'd be good to have a walk rather than look at them getting to the auctions that're millions of bits worth. Why somepony put so many stocks in some drawings or statues, I'd never get. Sure I indulge in having a few back home since, y'know, it's kinda neat looking, but that're just replicas. This sorta stuff is too expensive to hang around, and if ya can't show it off, then what's the point?"

Spicy would start walking down a random direction in the mostly abandoned halls of the auction house. Weren't really anything left to look at item-wise, as they were either currently being moved, or already had been moved, to be up on stage for the auction. A few still lingered though, as it weren't their turn, but it likely wouldn't be long.

=====================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Smart moves I'd say. It's nice and all to try and trust others, but having an escape plan is just good sense. Even if it ain't the locals, some monster might come around, and then that tunnel to the forest is gonna start looking mighty good. I know, I got one under my floorboards. Not that the mayor or anypony else knows about that. Can't be sure who that sorta information would get passed on to if they knew."

It had taken quite a while to get the path dug out, since she had to work on it herself to avoid the information about it getting out, but it sure were worth it in her opinion. Be it monsters of The Conspiracy, she were ready to make a run for it, and after she finally got the right charms to stick into the tunnel, she didn't even have to deal with wildlife getting comfy and thinking it were their home. She wasn't having any of that.

"I know there's a pretty banged up hut at the town's edge that might make the cut? Pretty sure it'd have to be torn down and build from scratch, but it's just next to the river, and your only nearby neighbors would be those weird sisters who got into town during the last attack. Grumpy little one-winged pegasus and some earth pony with a false leg. Can't remember their names right now though, but they seem to keep for themselves, so worst you might have to deal with would be the lil' one sneering your way if you try being friendly with her. She did to a lotta others, so y'know, safe bet on that."

================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

"Omen showed us a place, this land with poisonous air or something that literally takes your breath away. It had these pools of some kind of liquid that ate away at rocks. We didn't get a chance to explore since we likely wouldn't survive it. Only Omen could do that but we aren't certain if a crystalline container will hold for a very long time if we hide the heart there."

"It was either that or a long abandoned desert temple but we assumed someone will stumble upon that place and likely unearth the jeweled heart if they were thorough. If the sand wouldn't hide the heart, explorers will, and we'd be better off safe than regretful."

"Crystals have a hard time forming in sand, yet the temple itself would indeed be another issue. The isolation of such a place would be remarkable though. However, you are right dearie. It will be prone to explorers in search of fame and glory, and if they find anything shiny, they will take it without thinking of the repercussions.

The other place you mention might hold some merit though. Even if the crystals will eventually seep into the ground, they are still mostly harmless unless living beings comes near enough to make contact, and if there is no air to be drawn, that will make it nearly impossible for most beings. I haven't heard of a place like that before though. What's the name of it?"

"Quiet place."

Omen had been silent for a long time, but this seemed to be a question directed towards her, as she had known of the place, so she answered. Not a great one, yet even if the place had an actual name, where would she know it from? Any signs wouldn't be readable to her (yet) and there weren't any locals there to ask since they couldn't breathe. She'd go away from there and find some, but it were a large area, and she mostly just went there to think, so searching for others for too long hadn't seemed important to her.

"I see. Perhaps it is best that none of us knows of the exact location's name, as an extra security measure."

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

"We don't have a large enough crystal to hide the heart in. The only thing we got now is a wooden box. Is there any place we can go to to look for something suitable? And does it need to be a specific type of crystal for our refraction to drain of its minerals?

"Refractions are voracious towards any sorts of crystal, though you must have a little patience with the little one. He is not large, and a crystal of the size I mention will take time to drain for him. You can safely put the wooden box in as the only barrier for now if you like, provided that we add a small layer extra just in case. Let me see, where did I put it... Ah, over here."

Amethyst went over and pulled out a dozen bags of some kind of see through plastic-like material, each around the size of her head.

"They should last for a few days at least, if not longer. And do remember not to use magic when packing it in. I cannot stress enough that the erratic behavior is not a guarantee with the heart, as it were with the changeling crystals, but it is still adding sparks, and one of those may end up getting it out of its dormant state. Use a few as gloves for the first applied layer.

As for where to pick up a crystal this size, there are a few places of note, but optimally, diamond would likely be easier to gain a suitable lump for, as they tend to be more commonly found in large clusters. Optimally the large diamond mine here in Equestria would be a good place for this, yet it is hard to convince the stallion in charge to part with any of his wares unless he owes one a favor... Please allow me to think on this for a moment. I should be able to think of something."

Sen and Lin would likely already think of one particular thing: That they had saved a huge diamond mine, and that technically, the forepony owed them for that. Plus he'd likely prefer to not have his operation attacked again from this heart not being secured. It might be worth a trip, though if need be, they could take a breather for at least a bit of time, provided they added the applied bags to the heart, then put it back in the box. As said, they'd have at least some time, and Amethyst's estimation were worse case scenario, not the optimal one. Might be they had months or years, depending on how corrosive the air would be. Omen didn't seem like she were melting when she went there, so it were probably not too bad.

@Moonlit @Dji

The image of anypony trying to stand up against Princess Luna flashed before Cherish's eyes, and it looked to be a foolish and futile action. The princess had a very commanding presence when she wanted to, and even weakened, she were an alicorn. She would surely have the strength to make a few uppity nobles be swatted away like flies, even in that situation. Plus, she could imagine that it would be hard to hide their intentions anymore since Princess Celestia would surely trust the words of her sister over some snooty bullies, and there weren't any way they could keep her from talking to her older sister.

"It sounds like some uhm... Poor judgement to try that with Princess Luna. I can't imagine being exposed as bullies like that have made it easy for the nobles since then. I hope not at least. Equestria is supposed to be a place of acceptance. That's what the books says at least. I can't remember if it were like that when I were alive anymore."

==================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Rose fluttered around with a big grin on her face the more she heard these creatures speak.

"Hehehe, you totally can eat her. Check this out."

The sorta fairy went over and with a bite and tear, ripped a huge chunk of Anomaly's head off, and chewed it down with her powerful jaws. Something which didn't matter to the draconequus in question, who just stood with a partial smile as orange tendrils went out from the edges, solidified, and replaced what were missing. It would take about ten seconds for her to stand fully formed again.

"So *gulp what's this with you saying step daughter? Are there more visitors? Are they delicious?"

"Silly silly, he's mine. We're getting hitched juuuust as soon as I've set something up."

"Really? Cool! I'll totally be the flower girl then!"

Rose spread her arms and an explosion of flowers went on behind her. She were totally ready for this.

"₣ⱠØ₩ɆⱤ, ₲łⱤⱠ?"

Henry had been silent for a loooong time, but he were getting confused about many things, and now he would voice things, as Rose went over to give Lumen a hug. It'd feel like getting grabbed by a surprisingly strong plant dragon.

"Yeah, it means she throws flowers at random folks. You can be the greeter. Just stand there, look at them, and say hello."

Henry stood silently for a bit then, looked down on Lumen and with his somewhat creepy voice just went:

"ⱧɆⱠⱠØ."

"Oh, they're gonna soil themselves from this. It's gonna be amazing!"

Rose would flutter a few meters into the air, whilst a trail of flower petals followed her every movement. This time, they seemed to fall from her feet and wings, and for some reason where the petals fell, they turned into lotus mantises, that would scurry away to try and avoid these weird creatures. Pringles might find them delicious.

@Blitz Boom @Dji "Poor Judgement indeed. Too bad Princess Celestia got rid of the trebuchets a few hundred years back, Luna was really looking forward to seeking how aerodynamic certain Unicorn nobles were" She snickers, "I'm told WarWolf took nearly a month to fully disassemble and the wood used to create the Night Guard's Barracks." She looks around, "Well I hate to cut and run, but the train to Manehatten leaves soon, and I still need to collect Fah'lina and Ziggy." She bows, "By your leave Princess"

@Blitz Boom

Lumen looked at Henry.

"Aw! You're just the most adorable little thing!"

Lucid clap his hooves and it would rain plastic cacti inside the room.

"We will need many of these. You can't have a wedding without them."

"Maybe we can charge everyone an entry fee!"

@Blitz Boom

“A diamond mine would very likely have something we need…”

The siblings looked at the sample of gems Amethyst provided, then to each other and smiled, having a lightbulb moment at the exact same time and assuming the other knew what they were thinking of.

The Sparkling Array mine! Of course! 

“Alright, I think I can see how we can go about this. I can head over there and talk to the forepony. I’ll take one of these gemstones here as a sample so we both know how big of a chunk of diamond we’ll need. You can stay here with Amethyst and try to work how the gems will be packed in the wooden box.”

Sen nodded in agreement, placing the box on the table and seeing what can be done. He isn’t well-versed in handling this kind of material but he wouldn’t do anything drastic to warrant anyone freaking out all of a sudden. He was picking up a gem, looking at it, then putting it down and repeating the process with each until he got through all of them. Lin considered going sooner but held off on it to wait things out a little. A delicate matter such as this needs care and she’d begin rehearsing what she was going to say to the forepony at the diamond mine. Hopefully he will be amicable with parting with a large piece but jewels were valuable, a piece like that will probably fetch a good price somewhere if it were cut to specifications of which Lin was uninterested in. After all, jewels are jewels.

“The forepony’s name is Gem Stud, by the way. Should be easier for you to ask around for him if you got his name.”

“Alright, then. Omen, do you want to stay here or come with me? I won’t be heading out immediately though. Just need to wait for Amethyst in case she has more to add.”

@Blitz Boom, @Moonlit

TWILIGHT SPARKLE
Twilight coughed to get the ponies' attention. The ghost and the one in disguise. "You can stay here, Cherish. I can look after you, if that's what Serenade wants. If she wants me to look after you while she's gone, I can most certainly do that. I just need to brush up on ghosts and whatnot," Twilight shivered in response to the books she'll have to crawl through but it would be worth it. Her ears perked at the mention of 'Princess Bookworm' but in retrospect ... she did have a lot of books to go through.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

What were the other topics? Aurora had a bit of a hard time remembering after going through her memories. "I ... mmm. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Changelings are being more widely accepted but ... I don't know."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

Karmic scowled under the petting but the constant pressure of having a large paw run over her head repeatedly soon forced her to lie down and rest her head against her forehooves.

"Why does this feel so nice?" Karmic asked in a quiet tone that was, thankfully, without any hint of discordance or anger.

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

"Now why would I rob you?" Watts asked with a smirk, turning her head so she could at him over her shoulder while she lead him down the alley. "It's not like we're friends, and it's not like I have any ulterior motives into bringing you this way."

@Blitz Boom

Rising Dusk would of rather heard the words 'desirable' and 'suitable' coming from a mare instead of a demigod dark primordial.  All sinister and cobra like with claws that were a wee too grabby for his tastes, especially when they multiplied out of one hand!  The detective was fit for sure, but out running all those claws coming his way was out of the question and putting up a barrier spell against something physical wasn't in his spell list.  With the skeletons having been released of their necromancy he didn't have any already existing weaves to pull from to make one.  Summoning forth the one light tainted wisp was the only defense he could think of at the moment and loosed another beam of energy from his horn for the wisp to ride.  His attack cut short before it left more than a hoof away from him.

Not that it was needed as he was soon finding himself embraced by wings of light that protected him against the darkness.  His sense easily picked up the original of the magic, his companion specter pony and her goddess keeping him safe but also trapping him.  Soft and warm as one would expect from the light, but he could also tell it was draining for the weakened Goddess.  The detective left powerless when the dark creature gave up on his assault of the unicorn, instead turning its attention to its own anchor.  Rising Dusk know that dispelling the barrier that was kill him safe at the moment and he was pretty sure it was what the dark creature wanted him to do.  Rescuing Twisted Gears from the Dark God had been part of the mission the detective had given himself, a hard lesson the batpony was learning that his service to the primordial begin was for not.  Borrowed power so easily taken back.  The two disappeared into the chasm that was then sealed back up.

Once he was freed from the protective wings he wandered over to where the chasm was and prodded at it with his hoof.  Yeah, that wasn't somewhere he could go.  Turning his attention to the weary and tired specter from the battle just fought.  Praise wasn't why he did the job, but helping a distance land felt good.  Even if it was for the end goal of protecting Equestria.  Twisted had been dealt with, as was his mission from The Captain, but Harrowmark was still a threat to his home, even if it were for the long run.  Nodding his head to her, about to reply when he felt a sharp pain strike through his heart.  He winced and dropped his ears flat, whipping his head back toward the village they just came from with all the dangerous experiments Twisted had created.  The detective was out of time.  

Turning, he sprinted out of the groove and back toward the dark wizard's collection of dark magics.  Horn aglow and wisps rushed out of him, whirling around the unicorn like a raging storm.  Not enough time to deal with all these abominations of darkness, but that didn't mean the detective couldn't give one last 'screw you' to the Dark God.  Stopping in the middle of the swamp, he took a deep breath and cast his army of wisps out at the weaves that plagued the area.  With no aim to dispel these curses, but to alter and meddle once more.  Taking the existing paints of magic from the dark weaves and paint a new foundation for Harrowmark. 

Wisps darted about, dove and dived, snipped and cut.  Magics were combined, undone, remade.  Souls freed, no longer food for Suusha.  Stored magics that kept abominations held together where shunted back into the ground.  Spinning threads of spellwork to create a new leyline beneath the swamp where the power was funneled into a direct line to the Goddess of Light.  Beads of sweat from the strain of his work and the poison in his body glistened on his muck covered face.  Rising Dusk gasped, but held his ground and did not falter until the dark weaves that once tainted the swamp had become a new complex mess.  A mess nopony else he knew would be able to see, sparing him a bit of embarrassment, but hey, he was in a rush.  It would take time, but similar to the watch the slowly freed the souls trapped in the dark wizard's home, this new weave he created would do the same just on a much larger scale.

Another sharp pain in his chest made all the hundred of wisps disappear all at once and his magic fade.  His body felt cold, numb and tired.  As gracefully as a Manehattan pony could, he lowered himself to his knees and then laid himself in the dirty swamp.  Too tired to pant or even feel much, he slowly retrieved a green pill from his saddle bag and popped it into his mouth.  The antidote to the first pill.  A double edged sword for the quick power boost, but ultimately a poison to a pony's body.  He needed to use up what little boosted power remained to send the land on the right course, hopefully it would be enough to restore balance.  Not today, maybe not tomorrow, but in time.

@Dji

Nuzzled in close to her chest from above her shoulder & from the far end of the thatched rooftop they perched upon; Kaltrop spoke in the low, worried tones a mother uses for her child, reprimanditive but relieved in a quiet, safe moment. 

"...that why you can't fly?... you could have said that, you know."

@Catpone Cerberus

Honk!

Hey nyow! Waftch tha snoot yer boopin'!

Ahold of his rather notably long snout blushing from the flustering force foisted on his face*, the rest of Widdershins's body slowly slides out of the pony-sized portal to a length that more than one feels would be naturally & comfortably long.* Slowly falling through like noodles from a... noodle pushing tool, (this author fails to be aware of what that device is called. But knows it exists, so points there.) first the draconequus's long haired neck ruffle pomps out to gravity unlike the slightly pinweeling rabbit ears, then a long scaled body after that slithers lose before the notably fish-like tail, entwined with another smaller tail, plops down limply on the ground as most fish on land do.* With much less fanfare & the quiet, wet sound of a toilet finishing flushing, the perspectively tiny portal plinks out of existence behind.

* Which is odd considering that, from all biological logic, blood circulation would not reach through his disconnected parts. Cannon is that it's raspberry syrup!

* Depending on your viewpoint or home dimension, of course!

* Unlike, of course, the Piscipalien Anti-Islands of Domiomicron Pie, Interspacial Sector Glog!   ….numbers are sounds in that dimension. Look, I can't go into a full lecture here!

@Blitz Boom

Like usual, Ruby didn't say anything and she just followed Spicy, and though she didn't necessarily care for meaningless walking, especially with the heavy load she was carrying, she didn't really want to sit and listen the auction either since all she cared for had already passed. She kept her senses sharp to make sure she wouldn't get surprised by anything, because there was no place with higher chance of ambush than place with no other creatures.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My guess is that I will get newly build house." Nada said, not really sure what else she would respond to anything Berry said "Because they promised a water-tunnel thing like Serenade has here, and I really doubt there's any of those just rotting anywhere, since my kind didn't live in houses before and I don't see any other creature needing such house." "And if my wishes are considered, there shouldn't be any neighbors too close...until that neighbor is Serenade, I have nothing against my own kind."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
Cerberus let out a amused sound that was something between a meow and a laugh when he accidentally booped Widdershins and saw his reaction. He watched curiously as new parts of the creature came out, and though some of his instincts and the few cats that hadn't ran away told him to run away, he had a odd desire to go and poke the parts to see if they would react, but he resisted because it would be rude to go poking at someones body parts without asking. After Widdershins was fully out, Cerberus looked at him for a moment, before realization hit him "Draconequus, of course, you're Draconequus, like that Discord guy."

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Wait, Plastic cacti? Uh-oh."

What? What's going on? And why are you sweating?

"Because this is gonna get ugly."

Anomaly jumped back through the portal as Rose stopped dead in the air at the sight of the plastic cacti landing on the floor in her room.

"Plastic? You Dare!?"

Her eyes turned full rose red, with lines of sickly green spreading from the center and spreading throughout her being. The air around her crackled with pure energy as her facial expression went from sweet to hateful and the formerly sweet smile went into a growl befitting of an irate dragon or other large predator.

The energy around her were starting to burst into small cracks in the very space of the room before the lot of them would be drawn out of the room if they wanted to or not by Anomaly, who'd then close the portal for the time being. Last they'd see of Rose were her lounging forward with her maw open and her arms reaching towards the lot of them, before a large spike of the energy sparking around her would explode towards them, and cause a tear in the air to rip in their direction before the path got shut off.

"Phew, that got kinda close.

I guess I should've kinda said something about Rose. She's a happy, fun one, but she's pretty much made of the part of me that's pure destruction, and she gets triggered by plastic plants, since she loves real nature. She needs a bit of time to clean it from her room and you know, not create a black hole that will swallow the whole planet.

So she's grounded until she calms down. Kinda why she needs to stay on this isle too, until she's more in control. No fun in the world if there isn't one left."

So you have a problem child?

"Nah, she's just spirited and need to figure out how to chill. Typical teenager stuff."

============================================================================

@Moonlit @Dji

"Oh, okay. please say hello to Ziggy and uhm... Apologize again from me. I'm still really sorry about her leg..."

She would fizzle out a little as the memory of the situation that ended up putting Ziggy in the hospital to start with came to mind. Hopefully one day she could make it up for the zegasus, but for the time being, the best she could do were to send her best wishes back with Serenade.

"Have a good time home, Serenade. Now Princess Sparkle? Thank you a lot for being so kind as to let me stay here. If you want, I can tell you many things about y'know, being a ghost, but uhm... Do you think one of your books knows how to let go of something I posses? I'd like not to be stuck to parts of the old castle. Please? It would be nice to be free to just roam, but if I could at least be moved here, I could at least hear the voices of others. I could help around too, I promise."

Cherish floated as close to the princess as she could considering her bonds, but turned around to give a smile and a wave to Serenade. She really hoped the siren were going to have a good time going home.

@Dji

Happy chuckled a bit at the awkward sorta response he got back. Had been a while since he had a good chatter with another changeling like this, and this one were kinda funny honestly, even if it weren't intentionally.

"You don't have to worry your noggin too much about it really. Ain't a guarantee that anyone's gonna come asking. Just saying, you got a good perspective that'd be useful. Hay, might be something worth it for Thorax too. He's new on the block and might need the insight he can use. Just you know, don't stand too close to me, in case he's gonna have me flayed for being one of Onache's drones.

Thinking we'll be out of the forest in a half hour or so like this. Ain't really any issues right now. Kinda neat."

@Dji

"Any creature have need for comfort in their dark hours. You are no different."

It may seem like a demeaning thing to do, to pet the pony, but it were truly a comfort thing, and one that seemed to work. Even beings of higher stand like Enzo considered himself, had need of something like this at times, and he would surely wish that someone had been there to do something like this in the past few centuries for him, much as he didn't wish to admit it right now.

"We will find answers for your plight, little pony. If not from this place, then elsewhere. This I have given my word to, and I intent to keep it."

@EQ_Theta

Amethyst observed as Sen looked through her gemstones on the shelves with a confused look on her face. Had she misspoken by any chance? This hardly seemed like it would be the result if she had made herself clear at least.

"I hate to interrupt dear, but you will not find anything of the size I'm referring to among my selection. The gems I acquire tend to already be broken down into smaller pieces who then gets cut into even smaller, yet more elegant stones. You would need to take measure of the gem itself, then add a chunk of gemstone around five inches larger than that at a minimum to make for a suitable container.

For the time being, I again urge you to use the bags until further notice to at least cover it up some, whilst you acquire the needed crystal from Gem Stud. It sounds as if you know him, so perhaps there is some hope, but if not, do return, and we will think of something else."

Amethyst would help packing the heart in safely if Lin were not certain what she had meant before, which would put it in a good, dozen layers of biodegradable plastic,  which should buy them some time. Gems could not grow on a surface like this. At least not unassisted, so long as they kept it from other gems then, they would likely be fine.

In the meantime, Omen turned towards Sen and slowly nodded, signalling her agreement with his suggestion.

"I follow."

Omen opened a gate back to the shadow lands where she'd then - after about fifteen seconds of looking around - would open the next one to where the scent of Gem Stud were. Which were currently overseeing some sort of maintenance work done on a large conveyor belt that were shown below to be connected around the middle of the mine, yet it were standing still right now whilst this were being fixed up, and he seemed none too happy about it.

"I swear, the next time those two hacks come around here, I'm gonna throw them into t- Holy Celestia!"

Gem got a big shock as he noticed the gate suddenly being open near him, with two familiar faces on the other side, yet that didn't really take away the surprise factor it had to suddenly have somepony silently appear out of a literal hole in the air.

"Gurgh, you two. You just about made me jump off the side here. What gets you here? More crazy ponies trying to pollute my mine?"

@Rising Dusk

Thistle knew not what the detective were doing as she followed him, or even then what the wisps were doing, but she could slowly feel the results of the little things buzzing busily around and meddling in experiments, cursed and/or ensouled objects, minor abominations, certain wicker creatures, etc. as the connection to her goddess told her that Viz'nay were gaining a small amount of power again. It seemed like Rising were doing something akin to what he did with the large abomination, and rewriting segments of the area to both redirect power towards the light goddess, as well as denying Suusha certain sacrifices he had been gaining power from.

Seeing as the souls were kept out of his grasp, Rising might see that where he were releasing them, a small spark of ghastly light would pop near them as they vanished, as their spirits were given a kinder fate than what would have happened, were Suusha to just grab the lingering spirits to toss in his hungry maw.

However, it also seemed that whatever were going on, Rising were dying from something. The pill from before, the power he had used, or some other sort of external factor, Thistle didn't know, but she knew the look of someone nearing death. A minor advantage if you would call it that, of the situation the specter were in.

His soul were one that she would do what she could to bring peace, yet it seemed that those plans were still too soon to think over, as the stallion whilst laying on the ground, procured another pill. One which seemed to stop the process that were happening, and keep him firmly in the land of the living, though likely greatly weakened as he laid on the ground.

"𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕠 𝕤𝕚𝕩 𝕙𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕨. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕖𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕥𝕙 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕥𝕒𝕣 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕓𝕖 𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕖𝕕. 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕, 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕, 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖. 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕪, 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕤 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥, 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕤 𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕕 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 ℤ𝕠𝕟'𝕧𝕚𝕣 𝕤𝕒𝕚𝕕, 𝕀 𝕗𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕒 𝕧𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕝 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕨𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕤𝕙𝕒 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕒𝕨 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖. 𝔸 𝕣𝕖𝕘𝕦𝕝𝕒𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕨𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘. 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕥, 𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟, 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕒𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕤𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕙𝕒𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖.

𝕊𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕍𝕚𝕫'𝕟𝕒𝕪 𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕦𝕡 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝, 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕨𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖. 𝕋𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕒 𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕜 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕.

𝕌𝕟𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤... 𝔸𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕦𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕞𝕖? 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠 𝕒 𝕧𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕒𝕘𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕟𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕝."

If he answered yes, or said nothing at all, she'd use her telekinesis to gently float the detective up and make her way towards one of the nearby towns that she knew of. If she had seen that the detective still seemed ill, she would have still said what she did, but started to move him whilst talking, and with some degree of haste too. It should not yet be his time to pass.

In the midst of all of this, none of them would likely have even given the pixie a thought, who had at this point fluttered away from the area as his strength had returned. He didn't wish to be near this dangerous place right now.

@Catpone Cerberus

Spicy would whislte a low tune as they wandered around. She'd point to a painting in the process of being moved as they passed it, but didn't stop walking regardless of that.

"That's being sold again? Third time in the last five years I've seen that at one of these things. Bad omen I tell ya."

Keeping on, they'd eventually run over something she should've know were hear: A makeshift food parlor. She should've known there'd be someone here wanting to make a quick buck.

Well okay, wasn't a food parlor as much as a wagon with a griffon selling varied drinks, coffee, chocolates and baked goods, but still, food were food.

"Can't say I'm particularly peckish or thirsty. You tempted Ruby? Or should we go skedaddle on and see what sorta fun thing is otherwise out there? Or hey, if ya need a break from.lumbering your bag around, that's grand too. Few benches over there it looks like."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well if they're going the tunnel row, and are game for building fresh, there's a bit of land a few hundred meters away from this place that might work well for ya. Just need to have some trees cleared and even the ground, and they can start working on it. Whole new foundation though, so gonna take a little longer I reckon.

Make sure to watch them while they're building though. You don't wanna find your home's been bugged or had some sorta extra measure you didn't ask for put in place. Like I always say: Better safe than dragged off to a laboratory.

But that's a worry for a other time. You wanna go look around the forest or something? I could meet you up at the river if you got the jitters for a trip outta this place."

Berry were pretty much done with her coffee anyway, as well as the snack she had brought along. She had a proper breakfast so she weren't all that hungry to start with, so she'd be game for whenever Nada wanted to leave, if that were something she wanted to do. If not, Berry didn't mind hanging out here either. She were off until tonight when she had to go in and prepare the grinds for tomorrow, and no other friends that seemed important to check up on today, so there weren't anything tying her down to be anywhere else.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom Serenade waves back, and quickly makes her way back to her house when, Goddess willing Fah'lina would be, then she'd make her way to the Hospital and Ziggy. Come Tartarus or Black Water, she'd drag the candy-coated mare to Manehatten. Being in the care of doctors was good and all, but what Ziggy needed was a good, old fashioned Mama Pone pampering.