Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom
Protecting one's things was illegal? the system was even more stupid than Ruby had thought...not that it mattered to her if it was legal or not, it was what she used to protect her treasure, and that wasn't going to change. "Protecting illegal money with illegal means, it's only fitting.".  When it came to the declaration to leave, to her usual manner she just nodded as response.

------------------------------------------
"Evergrown, Kirin and a sphinx." Nada repeated "Others I think I have at least heard of, but I can't be sure, since my memory isn't really serving me the best." "I may have even read something about sphinxes at some point, but I'm not sure." "And you told about Discord when we first met." "And changelings are just weird ponies with shape-shifting abilities." she scratched her head with her hoof and let out a sigh "There will be lot of reading if I ever want to catch up with everything."

@Blitz Boom

"One day, perhaps," the detective replied simply.  The future was always difficult to predict to any sort of reliable degree, but Harrowmark should have enough going for them right now to take a few steps in the right direction.  Maybe not Equestria at first with how far away it was, but foal steps with their neighbors would be a good start.  Right now though, Rising Dusk himself was already wanting for home.  All the memories he made while fighting Twisted in the swamp, all the foul, vile, rotten corrupted magic weaves that plagued the area would be with him forever.  After a time, he could dull the memories to help keep the detective's sanity intact.  A hot bath and visit to his local spa for a massage should just do the trick.  And a vacation, a much needed vacation.

Sadly it looked like Rising Dusk was interrupting the party with his appearance as the focus was all brought onto him.  It wasn't hard to tell by their reactions that any amount of his words would be able to get them refocused on the festivities instead of him.  There looked to be plenty of good food and entertainment for the foals, no need to waste it on the detective from another country.  Reality didn't really work that way though.  The citizens of Harrowmark had just been freed from a tyrant, it was just pony nature to be thankful.  The unicorn giving the villagers a warm smile and a friendly wave.  Being referred to as a great one was a little over the top, but with how old fashioned the rest of the place was, he could accept it.  Luckily his recovery was tired based and not sore based.  So, the patting from the elders and others wasn't too painful, minus his shoulder which only caused a minor wince from the unicorn.  His smile didn't falter though.

Finally he made his way though the cheering party ponies to reach his ghostly companion, who seemed rather neutral about his arrival.  A very stark contrast to how the rest of the village was behaving as a tense silence fell over the celebration.  Reminded of the conversation the pair had about death and probably the general vibe the specter got when trying to talk to the listening unicorn.  Pay back perhaps?  Rising Dusk stood before Thistle and returned her neutral expression, "Yes."  A simple reply.  He was pretty use to dealing with such expressionless conversation via way of Bash, but unlike Thistle, who also spoke mostly in grunts.  Cocking his head slightly to the side as the neutral tension continued to build but the specter finally broke it.  His head still tilted, he smiled back at her before straightening back up.  "It appears my deeds have been mildly exaggerated," the detective expressed, commenting on his treatment and worship thus far since waking.

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, you're right on that. Would be far easier back in the day, but nooo, some guards just had to get too greedy, and got what they deserved. Sad stuff that the rest of us now have to listen about this sorta stuff being *immoral and vile* because of that. A darn load it is in my mind, but that's the law sometimes. Real dumb."

Spicy ranted as she hooked herself securely to the wagon and started walking. You'd think all the stuff in there would make this impossibly heavy to move around, but that's where it really showed to be a good investment to have several enchantments in the wagon to mitigate that sorta thing.

Cost a lot more than she had been happy about to make sure it were secure and wouldn't just fizzle out or cause the whole darn thing to float,  but she couldn't argue against the results. Especially when carrying heavy stuff around like say, several bags of buts, gold bars, or statues.

"Alright, we got a good walk ahead of us girlie, so let's get cracking.

Feel free to keep that necklace of yours a bit loose too. Less we need to deal with the local wildlife, the better. Unless you want a skin for the cold days? We got a knife that can be used for that sort in there if you fancy a whack at it."

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Berry went over and put a hoof as close to Nada's shoulder as she could reach, with a reassuring smile going over her generally, half-crazed expression.

"Hey, chin up Nada. You ain't the only one who doesn't know what's going on with the olden races and us. Been within the last few years that most of these sorta connections have been made by Princess Twilight, and they always keep striking from out of nowhere to folks, and most still haven't gotten used to things.

Dragons and changelings especially are a weird couple of allies that there's still hostility towards, even if the law keeps them safe. Trust me, getting used to these sorta things takes time for all of us.

I for one believe that knowing goes a whole lot of way in that, so later on, I can go find some books for you that talks about these sorta creatures. Might help getting you sorted on what to think, and what you're dealing with?"

The mare let go of the siren and would wander in front of Nada, walking backwards so that she could both see and hear what her new friend here had of plans about this approach. If this didn't tickle her fancy, Berry were gonna think of something else, as she wanted to help Nada get caught up on things, and settle more comfortably into society.

Of course, she'd also educate the siren in how to avoid getting caught up by The Conspiracy, but that were a given. Couldn't have her new friend end up on some table with tracking devices drilled into her teeth now, could she?

@Rising Dusk

"𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕟𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕡𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕚𝕩 𝕙𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤, 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕤𝕥 𝕕𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕪 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕤. 𝔹𝕠𝕥𝕙 𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕜, 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕙 𝕨𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕗𝕠𝕣. 𝔻𝕚𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕤𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕟 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟?"

Thistle gave the stallion a questioning look, somewhat surprised that he were questioning all of this. Perhaps it were mere modesty? An admirable trait for many, but this were his entry into their history books. The stallion who turned the darkness back. Praise for his actions leading to this moment were something that should be praised, and Thistle had openly encouraged it to the already excited townsfolk, as well as made sure to have it be added to the message that several carrier ravens were already out delivering, about the fall of Twisted.

Were rising to ever take a tour throughout the country at some later point in time, she had no doubts that he would find statues in a not so infrequent manner, risen here and there to mark the people's adoration of his actions. A little much to him maybe, but if he knew what it had meant to live under Twisted's rule for the past six centuries, whilst also seeing the light of their country more or less ebb out, he might understand the call for celebration. These were details that she would share with him once they had a more private setting to talk in, along with some other, lesser good information, which she did not want anyone else to hear.

"𝕎𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣, 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣.  𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕣𝕪 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕝 𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕨 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕠𝕕? 𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕."

Rising would find it easy to get to anything he'd want, as the crowd would spread like a school of salmon being approached by a shark if he seemed to be looking for anything.

The mentioned brew would be a pear-like, alcoholic beverage, but there were also water, and some kinds of sweet juices based off watermelons and pumpkins. Not an easy task to grow many off around here, but what they had were certainly worth opening up and squeezing the juices out of in their eyes.

It also had the same sugary substance to it as Rising had already consumed, to even the taste some, and he would likely still prefer not to be told what it were made from.

As for food, he could find basically everything. Stews, bowls of hay mixed with hot spices, candy of assorted kinds like berry-coated wickerflies, pears in varied dishes, as well as raw in bowls, and even a few apples here and there, though of a sour variant, rather than the red, sweet ones that many preferred.

Apples were not easy to grow around here either, so what little they had of them came from another, somewhat nearby town, and the only ones they could really grow were the sour ones. One of the reasons why the juicy, sweet pears that they were able to grow in abundance were the main fruit in this, and several other towns *near* them.

Before he would be able to get far though - if he even felt like looking at some of the food or drinks - the mayor would approach him, wearing his finest and taking Rising's hoof with both of his front ones, to give him a short, enthusiastic hoofshake. The stallion would have more muscle to him than it looked like from the strength in said shake, but hopefully it wouldn't be a bother, as the mayor intentionally went for the hoof that were not connected to Rising's bad shoulder, as he had seen the wincing before.

"It is a grand time to see you out and about already, Mr. Dusk. The high priestess were not certain how long it would take for your illness to settle, and our medic thought it may take you days to gain the strength to walk. Please tell me, are you feeling well? Have Will-O taken care of you properly?"

Speaking if the mare in question, Rising would find that she would get a visitor. A raven flapping down not a few seconds after the mayor had spoken, and landing on her back.

It were seemingly male, and a big one of it's kind to boot. Around twice the size they'd be seen in Equestria, with somewhat muddy dark feathers, compared to the more shiny onyx feathers of the regular kind, which were not hard to see as he stood there with his claws sunk into the non-flinching Wisp, and poked at the back of her head with his dark beak.

He's continue this until she rose a leg up and took the faded yellow parchment wrapped around his leg, which she then gave to the mayor, who'd pocket it for now. In turn, he'd fumble through a pocket quickly and withdraw a piece of dried meat from some sort of animal, which he would ensure the raven focused on with his small, milky eyes, before throwing it over for the bird to grab and feast on.

One of the local messenger ravens it seemed. A useful creature to send messages like this. Not unlike how some used pigeons in Equestria here and there where the normal postal service didn't reach.

Well, except for the fact that the pigeons tended to be alive whilst doing that.

This creature however, would be Rising's likely first encounter with a friendly, risen animal here in Harrowmark. He were in remarkable condition, but the dark magic that animated it would be obvious to him, and if not, the milky eyes and the couple of holes giving way to show off dead skin and a few bones, mostly hidden beneath his right wing and left thigh, should have been a dead giveaway.

It wouldn't be any sort of contagious dark magic though, and it wouldn't hold the same sick, corruption quality to it as he would have been somewhat used to from other sources in this country. There wouldn't be any sign of a specific caster doing anything to reanimated him either. However it worked, it seemed to be one of the naturally occurring reanimations that had been mentioned by Thistle briefly at an earlier point, when discussing how death worked in Harrowmark.

This were a pretty useful iteration though. Normal birds would tire easily over the long distances that some villages were from one another in Harrowmark. Undead carriers such as this however, didn't have that sort of disadvantage,  and if trained right would make for excellent ways to deliver messages, long as you remembered to give them their reward for their services, lest they snatched the messages back and refused to hand it over before they got something. A minor downside, but who didn't want to be paid for their work, right?

He also seemed to be on friendly terms with Wisp, or perhaps even belonging to her, as she rose a hoof again to stroke his feathers, and he responded with a pleased, hallow caw.

@Moonlit

"Yeppers. It's like medical handbooks. Always good to make sure you got everything fresh in your head space."

It sounded like they still had a lot of way to go now before they got on, and whilst Ziggy could surely entertain herself with the view and wind blowing through her mane, Serenade were right. They could do with a little nap so they were full of energy once they got there.

So Ziggy would curl up in a corner, using her large wings as a combined pillow and blanket, and after a bit snoozed off without a sound. The medication had made her pretty drowsy, so it weren't much of an issue to get to sleep honestly.

In case they didn't get disturbed during said sleep, Serenade would be up before Ziggy, who were now laying flat on her back on the floor, hooves spread unevenly out, and with her wings folded over her stomach. Beneath said wings, a curled up Fah'lina would be sleeping peacefully on the zegasus's stomach.

It weren't the first time the mimic had rearranged Ziggy's sleeping position a bit to make her into a sort of impromptu bed, though it were the first time she had slept like this. It were just that with all the rumblings from the train, she had wanted something more soothing in her ears. In this case, the calm heartbeat and slowly moving chest of Ziggy, sleeping away, having noticed nothing of the mimic sleeping like a cat on her stomach. Nothing unusual in her not noticing though. Ziggy generally slept like a stone, so it were easy to mess with her whilst she were sleeping.

========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Equestria are big on reform measures these days, so they try to avoid anypony simply wasting away in a cell dear. Of course, I can imagine there would be some prison in mind here, as they would have to figure out what to do, and then observe if he showed signs of improvement from the programs before putting him further along, and eventually, release him on parole. I sincerely hope that this will not occur to the dear colt though. Much as he have likely done wrong, I can believe he wishes to make something of his life now, and are trying to make amends. That should be encouraged, instead of just having focus on his past.

As for a psychologist, you can consider it sort of a mind doctor. Their methods vary widely depending on what sort they are, but they are professionals in evaluating the minds of their patients, and either offer their help in case they are suffering from some sort of mental instability like depression or repressed anger, or as they are also sometimes used, to evaluate the state of mind of somepony. For example if they show genuine remorse, or are improving from one meeting to another.

After the... Mine incident, a lot of us survivors needed to go visit one as well. Poor Clayton were there for years on end before he were able to functional normally in society again. None of us dealt well with the incident of course, but he needed the most help for not being a complete wreck. He didn't have anything to use as a coping mechanism like I did with obsession over my work, but with a lot of professional help and time, he have done much, much better.

If you ever feel lost, or broken in a way that you don't even know how to begin to describe, you should consider going to one and open your heart to them yourself dear. You would be amazed how much it helps to share and have somepony listen that won't judge you, but just try to get through and help you with whatever burdens your mind."

It really had done wonders for their group, and especially for their former forepony, as he had taken to the moonshine after the event for a while, which had cost him a lot of things in life that he had to earn back painfully slow after he had finally faced what he tried to escape from and got help, but at least he, and the rest of them, were in a better place now. And with their friends being released and returning to the world, there were even a small reason to celebrate, though of course, with all the things that had happened in their absence, there were plenty of hardships ahead for them all too. A sad, inevitable fact at this point, though at least things were in motions regarding them now, and she could relax her worries for a time whilst everything got sorted.

Seeing as the tea had gone cold under their talk, Amethyst did not resume drinking hers, and would understand if Lin would do the same, and prefer to fill a new cup. The hot water and the tea were still on the table, so it were not as if Lin couldn't simply pour a new cup to herself if she so wished, and perhaps try another blend if that tickled her fancy.

==================================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I can tell you that the odds are in favor of this one eating rocks in the future. As for you, I see much. Nearly endless options in the long, twisted life ahead of you. Few are those who ends happily, and rare are the chance of you meeting your end from simple old age. But still, the odds are no guarantee. Remain with this mate of yours, and harvest the bounty for picking one whom can bring you to salvation. Though keep my warning in mind. It may yet save what you will have build, are you to remain, rather than leave."

"He's like this all the time. Vague as all hay."

"Choices changes, and the future does too. If I say too much, he will try and change something before that, and wander towards another catastrophe which nopony will have time to prepare for. Such is the burden of see the unwritten, and knowing that all must be balanced."

"Yeah yeah Mr. Weirdo, hehe. Anyway, I dunno where the chocolate fountain is going. I sorta figured Novia would just snap one up and place it riiight smack down the middle of the isle or something, so that we'd have to move it or go through it. I'm voting for through. Delicious wedding chocolate.

I wonder where the other guests are though. Hey, author person, you've seen them?"

No, but I know that they're spread all around the isle. You should hear a scream soon enough.

Which came a few seconds after that, and it seemed nearby.

"Guess we gotta go save the guests before they gets eaten."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom Serenade lets them sleep, Ziggy needs it, and the Siren would like to keep herself intact cause waking the Mimic from such a sound slumber would result in bites and scratches. Eventually once the train neared the station she would gently nudge Fah'lina awake. "We are almost there." She'd then turn her attention to Ziggy, and would nuzzle the sleeping zegasus's. "Wakey Wakey."

@Blitz Boom

"I have no idea what you just said, Zhu."

"Does he take meds? I think Zhu needs to take meds. I diagnose Zhu with crazy!"

"Oh! Diagnose me too!"

Novia would think for a moment about what to do diagnose Lumen with.

"I diagnose you with being a pony."

Lucid was ready to go help the ponies that would probably get eaten by dangerous creatures if nothing was done soon.

"What exactly should we watch out for?"

@Blitz Boom

“That’s a good sentiment. Just having someone willing to listen does wonders even if it doesn’t look like much. The rescued miners are going to have it rough given how much has changed since they were kept in that mine for many years. They’ll be opening old wounds again and maybe making new ones in the process. I hope they’re getting the help they need.”

Lin reached over to pour herself another cup and took two leaves, brewing herself the same tea. It was honestly one of the best she’s had in years and she never really got around to making herself some when she returned home. She wouldn’t have the means to trade for them back home. That was enough of a reminder to get busy when they get home but between herself and Sen, she wouldn’t know how to start. Honestly, the whole situation the miners are in mirrors the one the siblings are in and unlike Equestria proper where they have more means to get back on their feet, the two didn’t have that luxury. Sen will likely need to pick up a new skill or go back to being a hunter, if anyone is willing to let him in to begin with. 

Sen, however, seemed to have taken Amethyst’s word and carefully considered it. He still has his worries about coming to terms with losing father and mother, though he seems to be improving. There hasn’t been a conversation about them lately but he would take the mare’s suggestion if it was necessary. For now, he seems to be doing well enough by keeping occupied. 

“Hey, Amethyst, you wouldn’t happen to know where we could find inexpensive books would you? Maybe those that teach reading and spelling?”

@Catpone Cerberus

Flopping his long body over, lengthwise, onto the grass to face up, Widdershins loudly expresses himself.

A Cat, a Pone AND an Urge?!!? Such wonderful, composite creatures that roam this wide, wooly world of Ech-Quest-ria!

Gesturing with his ears like one would with their arms while talking, the draconequus wriggles his long ears up in the air as he continues rambling.

Such a creative diversity of characters as comparable to the many worlds I say I don't remember traveling through! Why, its almost as if this world was created by some host of writers making some sort of show directed at children or the like!

Nay, when a Dragonequus composites themselves, its only symbolic! Never would have I guessed I'd come across a CatHorse!

...Not that I'm "Critiquing" or anything, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Dji

Snaking his head back up off of the mare, the young drake puffs his checks and grumbles a reply.

"Well, if you can't fly then..." he pauses, reluctantly contemplating his next course of action.

"... you want me to take you somewhere other than this rooftop? Provided you can think of a way to ask me to carry you. Rather than just assaulting me.

… as seems to be your first impulse."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Hey! Assault is the most direct force!" Dawn protested and managed to wriggle out from under the drake and stood up, fluffing her feathers and dusting herself off. She looked off to the side for a moment and down at the ground from the roof before taking a deep breath and sighing. "Fine ... can you ... please ... take me to my home?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Happy hour is a thing that bars do," Aurora grumbled as she attempted to get herself back to some semblance of normal and began following the weird being at a sedate pace once they got moving again. "I am not adorable. I am fluffy ... when I puff up after washing."

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"That would be very helpful, Last. Thank you," Twilight told the mare, having dialed back down a tad from her excitement to just plain old enthusiasm. "Now, for the ingredients! I need ... let's see," she devolved into mumbles as she tried to figure out if she's heard of the ingredients before or not.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"Oh, then no, that isn't me," Karmic admitted and looked down at the island as they passed it. She didn't know why she was drawn to it. Maybe it was because of what had happened to Enzo? Maybe it was because it was so desolate and isolated? She couldn't tell but by the time she had realised she was still on Enzo's back, the island was far in the distance. "What kind of temple was it, Enzo?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dji

"Fine"

Kaltrop begins as he flexes his wings out with an audible sound into the position dragons tend to use when they think they're being subtle about showing off.

"If you would kindly be specific about where home is."

Then drooping his wings after a pause, as he blushes a bit to add one one last addendum.

"...and... uh, if you can figure out a way to, uh, get on me that isn't awkward...I don't exactly do this for just anypo-... anyone."

Edited by Widdershins

@Blitz Boom
To her usual manner, Ruby just nodded to Spicy's short rant. She wanted to say something when Spicy called her girlie, but held it back knowing it again would only cause problems. Spicy's choice of word both annoyed and slightly amused Ruby, annoyed because it was a way for Spicy to try to make herself above Ruby, not that she could tell if it was her intent, and amused because...well, she was quite a lot older than Spicy. "I don't really care for skins, they are messy and need too much work to make to last."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know you're trying to make me feel better about it, but remember that I have millennia long cap in my knowledge about..everything really. I'm sure it takes ponies a while to get used to things too, but I really doubt any pony is even close to how much behind I am." Nada said with rather matter-of-fact-ly tone "And really, how much someone else has to read doesn't really make the amount of information for me any smaller." "But I would appreciate a lot if you got me books, even about things besides the creatures, really anything that has happened between the banishment and now would be appreciated." 

----------------------------------------------------------
@Widdershins
"That's a oddly long and complicated way to say 'you're are an unusual sight'." Cerberus commented surprisingly unfazed by the weirdness in front of him, though he still seemed very curious, looking at Widdershins all over "Can I ask you something?" he didn't wait for permission "Where do Dragonequus come from?" the cats had started coming back now that there didn't seem to be serious danger, though they still stayed some distance away just in case, meaning that soon enough there would be an army of cats some distance behind Cerberus just standing there staring at Widdershins.

• Brohoof 1

@Dji

"Y'know, I weren't always called that? After I got sucked into this world and got myself converted, I had to pick one that sounded more like what you creatures would run with, if I were to be any good at the whole scouting game. Back then, I were a wine maker called Harry, so I figured Happy Hour were sounding about right. Doubly so since I could keep up my booze business here, though frankly, I love it far more here. All that magic you creatures take for granted? None of that where I were from, so there were no magic box I could use for aging the wine right. Nope, there I had to store this stuff for ages before I could even attempt to sell it.

Honestly, I don't miss it. This place is so nice and clean, and the magic? Boy howdy, let me tell ya, I love it. Same with the wings. There's just something special about soaring through the skies all by yourself, ya know? Far better than the corrupt, polluted shell I started on."

Whilst speaking, Happy and her had gotten a fine enough pace going again, all things considered, and it seemed like this time, they might be getting some peace. Wouldn't be long before they exited the forest now, so here were hoping that it held, and that they wouldn't get assaulted by an Ursa or something. Though granted, Happy would like having one of their hides as a coat. They were darn pretty.

3 hours ago, Dji said:

"I am not adorable. I am fluffy ... when I puff up after washing."

"Awh, ain't used to that sorta talk, eh? You're gonna need to get a bit used to that sorta thing girlie, cause honestly, I'm a bit on the cheeky side sometimes. Started being just an act, but it really just feels right after doing it some years.

Now, you talking 'bout being all fluffy after a bath? Are we talking *massive floof moment* or more of an *angry baby owl* sort of thing?"

===========================================================================================================

@Dji

Last silently saluted the princess in response, as Twilight agreed on the protective duty. It weren't much, but this did show that the princess were willing to think of others helping her with her safety. Perhaps talking her into getting a proper guard force of her own would not be as difficult as Last had at first thought it could be? They'd see soon enough, after they had finished their task. Depending on what happened, she might end up being more cooperative about it, or feeling too secure, if nothing were to go wrong. They'd see.

Meanwhile, Cherish floated over near the princess to try and get what she were speaking off that they needed. The princess were mumbling a whole lot though, so she couldn't understand it. Well, she'd tell them where to go and what to pick up eventually, surely, so she'd wait a bit and see if the princess spilled the beans here, or if they would have to follow her blindly. Something which Last seemed to have no problems with, but Cherish were less inclined, as she did prefer to know what they might be doing, in case it were dangerous or something.

================================================================================================================

@Dji

"One made to protect the Element of Hatred. Traps and dragons lining the halls, all aiming to keep this gem from entering the world, like other of their allies did.

That is the lie they would sell, were they still here to speak it."

Enzo's voice got sour, and beneath him, his claws extended from his paws, as the familiar memories of the scaled beings who had held him there came to mind, and the want to tear them apart grew.

"They would never talk of the things they did for i, like kidnapping a sphinx kitten, barely old enough to traverse away from his own lands, and chaining him within the center. That were my reality, as I woke to find the element bound to me in a magical necklace, and no way to leave. Threats, begging, it made no difference to them, whilst they treated me as little more than a mere animal. No, less than that, a Thing!"

Below them, the waves crashed around as his wind magic reacted to his anger, though they were too far above the waves for them to have a chance of hitting them, no matter how chaotic it may look.

"There were others too. Creatures captured, and tormented for whatever twisted reason they excused themselves with. All the while, keeping me there for decades on end, until one day, they were simply gone. Dragons, servants, forced slave laborers, all of them, packed up and vanished during the night. But I were still stuck there, unable to leave the main chamber, and just having to sit in silence, and wait for them to return, so that they could at least provide the only decency they ever had, in keeping me fed.

Have you ever felt the loneliness gnaw at your bones? Felt isolation drive you to dark places, as you have nothing but your own thoughts tormenting you? If ever you felt this, then try to imagine it happening for two hundred years. That were the fate they left me to, along with a hunger that were never sated. Whatever critters and bugs I managed to lure to me, were neither tasty nor enough to sate me, and though I had a wellspring in my room to ensure there were water, it cannot sate hunger.

Tell me, can any being blame me that I cared little for the motives of those who made it past the traps, and finally answered the riddles to take that accursed thing from me? Be they evil or not, they ended my torment, and had they not too left me behind, once the battle commenced in Canterlot, you wouldn't have found me surrendering to the guards, nor seeking shelter with your kind. I would have been out there, likely causing havoc upon the dragons, to gain vengeance for the years they stole from me."

Things calmed down beneath them again as the island they had to go to came into view. This were a story that Enzo had told himself many times during the years, as he frankly had little else to do in the two centuries he had been trapped, mostly all alone in that accursed temple. Speaking it now to someone else though, were a different and emotional situation, Thankfully not one that had resulted in any creature getting hurt though.

=====================================================================================================

@Moonlit

The shaking made the mimic bash against the hoof weakly with her small arms, without claws. She'd get up fine, but she didn't like being rushed to wake up. Rather, she preferred to take her time, and were it not because she knew who the voice telling her to wake up belonged to, she may well have responded with showing a lot of whatever limb were poking her straight into her toothy maw. Something which could still happen if she kept getting poked at during her upstart. Something which Ziggy had learned the hard way a few weeks ago, and dutifully never done again.

Serenade were thankfully smart enough to not do that, and instead as she had just poked to Fah'lina lightly and shortly, whilst speaking in a way that didn't make it sound like the mimic were getting rushed or hurried. This caused the small thing to get the time to brush the wings she'd used to cover herself away from her face, and rise up with a small, chittering yawn.

Ziggy wouldn't wake up that easily however, as she were having herself a pretty good nap and weren't as easy to get going as the mimic were. As such, after Fah'lina were done stretching her small, bushy limbs and shake to get the last out of her system, she'd crawl into action.

Getting up to the mare's head, she'd take a deep breath, and then exhale straight into Ziggy's nose.

The zegasus would wrinkle her muzzle as the mixed smell of fish, candy, and whatever else the creature had feasted upon roamed through her head, and eventually, her hooves would go up and cover her nostrils to stop more of this from entering.

"Eeew, stinky. Somepony needs a breath mint."

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at the mimic, who did her best to look sarcastically innocent. Complete with paws gathered in front of her, big eyes looking towards an imaginary halo, and a cute little smile. For a creature that couldn't speak and whose writing were still pretty bad, she had a way of getting her point across, as she did now too when Ziggy pointed at her with one hoof still covering her nose.

"I'm not falling for that, smelly mouth. There were fishies in that."

The mimic would then jerk her head a few times towards Serenade whilst still looking up and facing Ziggy, indicating it weren't her, but the siren, before just starting to laugh, pull her tongue on Ziggy, and flap over to land on Serenade's head, which gave Ziggy the chance to get herself up from the floor and with a small yawn, get ready to face the day again. Though she did could really use to get outside so there were room for her to stretch her wings without hitting something. Since she had been woken up, and Serenade seemed like she were standing ready, she guessed this meant they were about to get off the train?

"Good morning. Or evening? I dunno. Hello then, hehe."

====================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I dunno, I like a good fur coat during winter, even if some animal huggers likes to complain about it."

One of the reasons she never got within fifty miles of Ponyville during the cold seasons. She knew well about that weirdo with all the animal, and she didn't want any grief considering she were well beloved and as a friend of the princess, also well connected. Best way to deal with this situation were to do nothing, and just go elsewhere, like Baltimare. That place always managed to have some fun things to do during winter.

Word or something must have spread as they wandered on, since no creature seemed to want to pop out and play with them, so the trip were rather uneventful. Boring even to Spicy, as Ruby weren't really one she knew what to talk about to that wouldn't just be shot down, as the mare seemed to really not be big on the whole *talk to pass the time* thing.

Whilst she thought on that, Ruby might find something else to focus on that weren't visible to somepony regular like Spicy, about an hour away from Canterlot: Several instances of gold, stashed somewhere near them that didn't have an obvious entrance. Another buried ruin perhaps? Caved in hideout? Magically infused invisibility barrier? Whatever it were, it'd be one that potentially hadn't gotten robbed in advance. Perhaps this day could end up getting better?

(Letting you decide where exactly it will be, and how they get there)

==================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Heh, I don't even have to go to the library for that. I have a lot of history books at home. I read 'em through to find out where The Conspiracy had things changed to cover up their nefarious deeds."

She might be smiling whilst saying this, and in a jovial tone no less, but Berry would be dead serious about why she had the history books. It wouldn't do her much good since she didn't have any definitive proof of one of those cover-up's yet, but sooner or later she'd find something that matched with the inconsistencies, and them Boom! She'd blow this thing right open, and expose what were going on.

Anyway, she had written most of the stuff down that seemed to really get to her, so she wouldn't have an issue letting Nada have them to read and learn. Long as she ignored the notes from the mare here and there, it were likely to be rather enlightening to her about what had happened in the past millennia or so.

"And you know, there I've seen one pony that were more behind than you. Get this: Three thousand years behind. Yep, got herself all crystallized back when Discord ruled, and didn't get free'd until around three months ago. I ran into her in Ponyville when she were looking for some sorta swordspony that needed to get a message. She figured since a lot came into Sloppy Joe's, we might've seen him.

I'd argue she might've been crazy, but she did make a pretty strong case for herself, with a lot of compelling details to back it up."

Whilst most figured that inns or taverns were the hot spot for seeing and hearing weird stuff all the time, coffee shops like where Berry worked were pretty talkative too, and she both heard of and met a lot of creatures there, as the primary barista. Some of the stories she could tell would potentially blow the mind of the siren, or make her think that everypony in town were utter lunatics. Perhaps both.

"Heh, anyway, I know it's gonna be a darn slump to go through to get fully accepted and all Nada, but chin up and trust me, they'll warm up to you in time. And before they do, you'll always have me, Serenade, Cherish, and the princesses to back you up and support you. You won't be standing alone in all of this."

Figuring this were the right time, Berry would step over and give Nada a big ol' hug, with her smiling face hugging against the scaled belly of the siren. This here were her friend, and both Berry and all the others that had gotten to know her and supported her thus far, were gonna stick with her, and make sure that she'd be safe and cared for. The changeling might even too, though boy howdy were there a lot of history to prove otherwise.

===============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 6/14/2019 at 9:48 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“That’s a good sentiment. Just having someone willing to listen does wonders even if it doesn’t look like much. The rescued miners are going to have it rough given how much has changed since they were kept in that mine for many years. They’ll be opening old wounds again and maybe making new ones in the process. I hope they’re getting the help they need.”

"I can assure you that both Clayton and myself are sparring no expense to make sure that our old friends gets all the support they can, in whatever way it is needed, yet we both know that it will only become worse for some of them after they learn of what happened with their families and loved ones. it is not easy to see how ten years have passed with you out of the picture, as sometimes the answer can be quite... Troubling."

Following Lin's example, Amethyst would also pour herself a new cup of tea. This time, taking from the Harromark leaves to make a blend that smelled like a mixture of blackberries and tree sap. Not the most delightful combination, she knew, but it were palatable, and the taste were delightfully earthy and rich, so it made up for the downside in her mind.

She wouldn't bore these two with the details unless they asked for them, but it really had been an unsettling task of helping them, whilst knowing some of the stories to at least a few of their questions about family and friends, yet knowing that it would be a cruel thing to do to give them clear answers at the time. Soon enough they would have to face things, yet for now, they had managed to convince them all to undergo treatment in a closed, private facility that certainly were expensive, yet well worth the bits since the staff were very kind and attentive, as well as trained in everything they needed in dealing with others. Some had chosen to stay there on the grounds, unsure of what to do, whilst others had managed to get apartments, or being gathered in small houses nearby the place, rented by Clayton. He really did carry the majority of the financial burden here, but he had insisted on not troubling her too much with that sort, and said that since she mostly dealt with the ponies in question as she were a far better being at caring for and comfort others, the least he could do were to make sure that the majority of the financial aspects were taken care off.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:48 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hey, Amethyst, you wouldn’t happen to know where we could find inexpensive books would you? Maybe those that teach reading and spelling?”

"Personally I would suggest simply using the library if it were about teaching Omen, though I assume it is because you don't want Shrimp to accidentally damage borrowed property, and you wish to be ready?

Well, fresh books can be somewhat costly, even if they are mainly meant to foals... But slightly used would not be an issue, would it? If so, one can often find plenty of used books of varied kinds at thrift stores. In fact, there is a rather delightful one down Peppermint Street, about two and a half mile to the north of my shop, that tends to have many school related things for sale that primarily targets students, which means that their prices tends to be fair on most things. Places like that may hold an inexpensive way to get good to passable copies of literature?"

============================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Believe what you will. I see what is to come, and I pray that for your country's sake, you will remember to heed my words when your turning point happens."

Zhu cared little if this one believed him. Few did, yet for this one, he could not nudge things to make sure that what he saw did not come to pass, except by giving a hint that the stallion might remember in the moment, and adhere to. If not, then there would be consequences, or perhaps whomever made sure to keep the balance in his dimension would come to fix this themselves. he saw beings in Lucid's futures that seemed to be there for such reasons, though all seemed to be nearly shrouded, so he could not get a good look at them.

While he got on his paws again, Anomaly would grow a lab coat and glasses, and take part in the doctor stuff.

"We must cure him. We have the technology!

...Right after we get the guests back. The author is just gonna be a big meanie about it if we don't try, and the wedding will be all quiet. Boooring.

So, follow the screams! And you should expect lots of things. Everything on this island can fight for itself somehow. Lots of poisonous stuff, big teeth, tentacles - can't forget the tentacles - memetic powers, etc. If you can imagine a way for it to be dangerous, I might've done it.

I think that first scream came from the grove where the Tentacle Viper Bushfolks grows though. They eat pretty quickly, so we miiight wanna hurry."

(You can make up animal, flora and fauna on the island) "Yeah, what he said."

@Blitz Boom Serenade suppresses a giggle. "It's Evening, I let the pair of you sleep a bit longer as it seems you both needed it, and yes we're here." Serenade grabs her saddlebags, "Now we can catch a cab or walk/fly to my parents house." Serenade exits the train into Baltimare Central Station. As soon as Serenade steps onto the platform a small russet-colored blur tackles her, sending both it and the Siren into a pyramid of bags, which collapses. A stream of words, too fast for any pony other then Pinkie to understand, comes from the blur. 

@Blitz Boom

Lucid was on the lookout, while as crazy has may have seemed, he still had value for the lives of others. He did try to read the minds of whoever was around so he could maybe find them. He looked down at Pringle who was at normal size.

"No, the astral thing was a load of baloney. I don't actually do that, it's stupid."

Pringle climbed up on Lucid's head and would look aggressively at a nearby hamster that had ladybug wings.

"What's with that thing?"

"Yeah! What does it do?"

@Blitz Boom

“A thrift store on Peppermint Street… That sounds good! I think we can rest a little easier knowing we won’t have to pay extra for damaged books to the library.”

Sen smiled and nodded, looking over to Omen and Shrimp reassured their early education will be covered just fine. Maybe not exactly how he planned it but it is better than shelling out ludicrous amounts of bits for books and school fees. He didn’t exactly plan that far ahead but understandably, the meager amount of bits he had saved up in his travels combined with the extra bits Rosa gave him won’t be enough to cover the expenses. Still, there are some alternatives they can eventually turn to much later on, preferably ones that don’t require expenditures. 

“Maybe Shrimp can join you and Lin on your next study session. How does that sound, Omen? Want to give our little friend a preview?”

As for Lin, Amethyst’s response to her earlier question was… disturbing to say the least. Disturbingly accurate more like but it was right on point. That was a matter she and Sen wrestled with for a while and hearing about it gave her pause. She didn’t take a sip of her tea but stared blankly at her cup. It seemed as while Sen was able to slowly come to terms with it, a little bit of her couldn’t let go of that imagery. The same ones from the swamp that she could still remember in detail. 

“I… yes. Troubling. Emotionally draining and painful for them to move on from it. I guess the biggest help you can give them is to just be with them, lend an ear to listen. Having someone who listens does wonders to ease pain. I don’t mean to tell you how you should be doing things but… I just thought it could help.” 

Lin’s reply was more heartfelt than she initially anticipated but she truly meant everything she said. There was an air of genuine concern that even she was compelled to give what help she can by offering her own experience despite how vague it came off. Perhaps some of Sen’s concerns rubbed off on her.

@Blitz Boom
As to be expected, Ruby didn't say anything during the travel, after all, she didn't have anything to say, and Spicy didn't seem to care for starting any conversations either, not that it was a bad thing, in fact, she enjoyed the silence. She kept her senses sharp now that her natural animal repellent wasn't there, but there didn't seem to be any creatures besides few curious prey animals that looked at the two mares wondering if they were a threat. 

She almost missed the gold near them because of the high amounts of treasure right next to her, but it being in opposite direction to said treasure, it was big enough difference to get her focus on it better. She stopped walking "Is there supposed to be gold in that direction underground?" she pointed to a direction "It's in several places, I'd guess it's in boxes about the size of my box." "From positioning I would guess they are in a open space, probably a room of sorts." 

(Some sort of cellar with hatch or something to get in, maybe a cellar of some old house that has rotted away long ago?)

---------------------------------------------------
Nada listened everything Berry had to say, she didn't know how to feel about the mare she told about, because regardless of if she was crazy or really that old, it could become a problem when it comes to getting along with her...if Nada ever met her that is. Nada smiled at Berry's words and hug, leaning down enough to somewhat return the hug, she would need to learn to float in more flat position so ponies would have easier time to interact with her. "I guess I haven't thought it like that." "I'm so used to being alone that I forgot that regardless of how this thing goes, I already have friends here." she then, wanting to make things more positive, continued with a slightly joking tone "Maybe the princesses would take me as their personal entertainer if the common ponies don't like me." it probably was lot more amusing to her than to Berry, but hey, she has sung to trees for last millennia, one's humor is bound to dry up a bit in that time. 

@Blitz Boom

Hard to argue with that kind of logic.  Rarely was it so a case to be solved that affected ponies on such a scale.  Mostly just putting an end to a gangs terror on a neighborhood or bringing a wayward pony for abusing their magic.  A celebration such as this was understandable, but being held in his honor... well, he'd just have to accept that.  "Fair enough," the detective nodded, finding no hole worth prodding in her logic.  Casting his gaze around to all the gathered ponies of this town, wondering how many other were taking the time to do the same if word spread fast enough.  He couldn't imagine he was out all that long.  The side effects of the power pill and subsequent antidote were brutal, but not long lasting.  Twisted Gears had dung in deep for his last stand, that was for sure.

Turning his attention to the tables littered with food, all of which looked quite delicious in their own right.  Not one for much foreign food, even if Manehatten had some of the most diverse cuisine in Equestria, he preferred the more simple of foods.  Although there was the restaurant he found off the beaten path while on a case in Canterlot that had absolutely divine curry.  He's yet to find a substitute for it in his own city.  A pity though since his caretaker had already fed him not that long ago.  His desire for food at the moment was pretty low on the list.  Although, simply observing a celebration fueled his own interests in listening and pony watching that not partaking of the food was not all that much of a problem.  Rising Dusk also wasn't much of a drinker when it came to alcohol.  "Water will be fine, thank you.  Should aid my recovery more," he told the specter and made his way over to what he thought might be a pitcher of the clean liquid.

Instead though, he was greeted by the mayor of the town, who looked more dressed than everypony else in attendance at the celebration.  Accepting the older stallion's hoof in the exchange of shaking.  Relying on the other's own movements due to the lack of energy to put much effort into it himself.  The detective offering up a smile nonetheless though.  "The side effects of the medicine are extreme, but ultimately short term.  Just a little physical fatigue, sir," he tried to assure the town's mayor.  When the inquiry about Will-O came up, he glanced in her direction, not all that far from him it seemed, and then back at the mayor.  "Ms. Wisp's care has been more than I can ask for.  I thank you both for your hospitality," he bowed his head in thanks. 

Only to feel the tingle on the back of his neck as a disturbingly familiar presence pulled at his extra sense.  It wasn't all that hard to pinpoint as the large bird swooped down to deliver a message to his host.  The clout of necrotic magics that surrounded the bird was a somber reminder of how different Harrowmark was from Equestria.  A point of tension that might make relations with his home a little strained.  The mixing of light and dark magics.  It would be up to ponies like him and the O.M.I. to explain the intent of these dark magics to help ease acceptances with the Princesses.  No magic is inherently evil, only the intent behind the spell. 

10 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

"The side effects of the medicine are extreme, but ultimately short term.  Just a little physical fatigue, sir," he tried to assure the town's mayor.  When the inquiry about Will-O came up, he glanced in her direction, not all that far from him it seemed, and then back at the mayor.  "Ms. Wisp's care has been more than I can ask for.  I thank you both for your hospitality," he bowed his head in thanks

"Excellent. I wish that we could have offered more than what we have, but we are far into what used to be Twisted's territory, where resources have not been abundant. Hopefully we can finally start to make a change now, and bring back some interest in Oaksbrook from elsewhere. Perhaps if you one day return, we can present you with a town we can be proud in."

Most of the buildings in the town were generations old, and the only ones who could technically count as new, were ones that had been so damaged that they essentially had to rebuild them. Since Twisted had taken much of the resources from around the land for his own gain, and ordered them to provide him even further, expanding on housing or rebuilding were a rare occurrence, as it wasted what he had considered His materials.

In this case he had allowed it as the building were important to house some of the more useful townfolk that had to do his bidding, though he had made clear that he would look into instead forcefully clearing another house of far less useful subjects the next time, rather than this.

Mostly though, they had to settle with simply repairing everything the best they could, with as little materials as possible. If at all an option, reusing some that had been broken before were optimal, as that were not seen as wasting anything, and if Rising were to look around, he would easily be able to see this mindset at work. Even the mayors house had some rather large patches of old wood hammered in places, with some sort of vegetation set in to fill the worst gaps. Both him and his predecessor would have liked to fix this, but neither of them had been crazy enough to try and ask Twisted if it were alright.

The former mayor had attempted to sneak around the problem by going out and harvesting some wood herself. An action which only resulted in the whole thing getting confiscated by Twisted, who mockingly thanked her for giving him some bonus materials for the month. Perhaps it were going a bit far, but he had wanted to make clear that they could not just get things by going out and getting hold of it themselves after he had gotten his share. He wanted to make sure they relied on his mercy more than that, so that they wouldn't get any ideas, and the following month he had sent minions to take all the materials and half their usual food supply, instead of just most, every single day, just to show them what disobedience of any kind would cause. Thank Viz'nay that this nightmarish existence were now at an end.

"I will not hold you Mr. Dusk, but please, anything you need - anything at all - don't hesitate to ask. We will all gladly do whatever we can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Is that not correct, Will-O?"

Wisp stopped petting the large bird and looked over at the mayor as she were addressed.

"Y-Yes Mayor Pineworth, of course."

The mayor looked as the somewhat nervous mare with a knowing look, and chuckled to himself.

"Well, I wont disturb you further. Please enjoy the festivities, and I ask of you to perhaps let us know before you leave, Mr. Dusk? We would like to give you our farewells when the time comes."

Without even waiting for an answer, the stallion would lift his hat - revealing an old, large scar going down his bald scalp - and step back into the crowd with a smile on his face, giving Rising his privacy again. If Rising still looked for the pitcher of water, he would find one on a nearby table too, right next to the juice that attracted mostly the foals and those with weak stomachs. Not everyone here handled their spicier drinks all that well, nor were allowed to touch it. They might be celebrating here, but Harrowmark did still have some ground rules and traditions that they had been allowed to follow, which they intended to keep going. A legal minimum for this sort of thing were but one of many.

Meanwhile, as her playtime with the bird had seemingly been halted for now, Wisp would move a little closer to Rising. An action which would cause the raven to focus more on the one who they seemed to be approaching, though not showing any sort of alarm over the unfamiliar face.

"I don't think this is something you'd see much where you're from, so... Dusk, this is Chirpy. Don't worry, he won't hurt you. I've had him since before he hatched, and he's always been the kindest bird alive. Or dead I suppose. He uhm... A villager from another town accidentally shot him with an arrow. I didn't notice before he got back with the message he'd been sent with and I saw the arrow still sticking out, two days after I expected him to return in the first place.

I know this might seem horrifying to you, but creatures just sometimes come back here in Harrowmark. Depending on what state they're in after, the animals have a good chance at remembering who they are too. It's mostly about what's left of the head, and Chirpy's are intact."

It were a rather foalish name to give an animal, but in her defense, she had been a little filly when she had first gotten the egg from her mothers own raven, and when he hatched, she had just been so gleeful. Spouting about having her very own little chirpy.

It seemed so silly now, but things didn't change for her. Alive or dead, this were still her long time friend, and he still responded to the name he had once been given. It weren't like some of the other messenger ravens who had been through the same thing, but had ended up in a worse condition with their memories and needed to be retrained, or even needing to be retaught basically everything from scratch. Chirpy had been lucky in that regard.

And speaking of the raven, it seemed like he were getting aware that Rising were not an enemy, and potentially even someone that his owner got along with, so he flapped over to a nearby table, got a polished piece of metal that had fallen off one of the barrels, and flapped back to Wisp's back. Once there, he'd jump forth a little, and present the piece of metal to Rising on Wisp's head. Cementing that it were meant for him by pushing it a bit forward with his beak and looking at the stallion. A loud caw would follow soon after, which seemed to just make Wisp smile and let out a small giggle.

"I think he likes you."

====================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Wait, there's boxes of gold 'round here? Well hot diggity Ruby, you're a darn miracle worker."

Normally Spicy would question these sorts of statements, but Ruby had already shown that what she could do in feeling out the good stuff weren't bogus. She were the real deal when it came to this, and one who'd want a pretty bit anytime that she could, so frankly there were no reason to think she were fibbing here. Well, unless she were planning on knocking Spicy out and steal all her cash, but she wouldn't do that. They'd barely met, and she were rolling in bits already. If Ruby were going to stab them in the back, then sure she'd wait until she could get 'em for all they got, and not just some petty cash in a wagon, right? The gal weren't stupid after all.

"Alright, lemme park this thing and then we start looking for some sort of entrance. Lots of vegetation, few run down shacks, and who knows what in the ground, so we got some ways to go searching for an entrance. Heh, we might even need to start digging if it's buried. And then folks say I'm weird for keeping a shovel in my wagon."

Whilst she were talking, Spicy would have parked the wagon off the road, and released herself from it. So now, she were just about ready to go treasure hunting.

"You smelled it out, so only fair that you're the lead on this Ruby. So, what's the plan boss?"

=======================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Awh, weren't this all kinds of nice? Nada were returning her hug, and it seemed to have gotten through that no matter what went on, the siren had pals on her side now. A few fairly powerful ones too, considering some of 'em were princesses. That carried quite a bit of weight in a society like Equestria, where the monarchy basically ruled with varying degrees of importance. Twilight weren't really part of the government or anything yet, but she'd likely get there in time, and with all the peace connections she were making these days to old enemies, she were a crowd pleaser in Equestria. Pretty strong card to sit with, and she wasn't even the highest ranking one on her side.

Sure, some like Berry and Cherish weren't all that important to this. A ghost and a conspiracy nut weren't exactly what most would consider star witnesses or anything, but apples to that, right? Everything - and everypony - counted here.

The lil' joke from the siren got a giggle and a snort from Berry, as she imagined Nada in one of them huge, golden bird cages that she'd seen depicted in theater productions now and again. Just a big ol' siren, floating on a perch, and singing away next to a huge water bottle.

"Hehehe, oh man, if you could only see what I saw right now."

Berry pulled back and beamed up towards her friend with a big grin from ear to ear.

"And they'd be lucky to have you perform. I heard your voice before, and you got yourself a real good voice. We just gotta get you caught up on some new tunes one of these days, so can expand your repertoire a bit and really wipe the floor with whoever gets the idea that they're able to outperform you."

=====================================================================================================================

@Moonlit

So this were Baltimare? Seemed pretty. Seemed to be some sort of issue with assault hugs here though, but that were nothing that really startled Ziggy. She did the same thing constantly. How she didn't have a wall of restraining orders had actually surprised a few ponies here and there.

Whoever this were seemed to have the same sorta issue of over-friendliness that she had. The being in question also had the issue that at the time where Serenade were tackled, Fah'lina were still sitting on her back, which meant that she were very aggravated at the sudden attack. Doubly so because she almost got her tail stuck beneath a heavy-looking bag and got knocked off her comfy ride. Unless Serenade were quick on her steps, the mimic would attack the blue creature with maw wide open and aiming for the first the best body part to set her teeth into.

==============================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 6/16/2019 at 2:58 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Maybe Shrimp can join you and Lin on your next study session. How does that sound, Omen? Want to give our little friend a preview?

"I do not know. Shrimp? Do you want to read?"

Omen hadn't a clue what to say in the situation, as she still weren't on the line about her technically being the owner of Shrimp. To her, he were more like a very small, non-talkative friend, so she figured that situations like this, he should be asked, not her. He might not answer though, but she still did so as it seemed like what normal beings would do, rather than simply say yes on behalf of a friend of theirs.

So she had gotten close to the refraction, who were sniffing the air and looking towards the large cluster with eager eyes at this point, though he remained on Omen's neck for the time being. He would pick her head, but the steam from the tea she had drunk before annoyed him, so he had gone down to here.

They met face to face now as the question were asked, and Omen just stared at his small creature, who seemed to both depend on their group, and do perfectly fine at the same time. A strange situation, yet it seemed like ensuring that he got fed dealt with most of the input needed from her, so it were at least not complicated for her. Once they got to the day to day things that Sen and Lin had dealt with for a good while now though, it may start to change.

"Ohme!"

A botched word were all she got before he playfully bit her nose and made chirping noises. He seemed to be smiling so... Guess she had an answer then?

"I think he says yes?"

On 6/16/2019 at 2:58 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I… yes. Troubling. Emotionally draining and painful for them to move on from it. I guess the biggest help you can give them is to just be with them, lend an ear to listen. Having someone who listens does wonders to ease pain. I don’t mean to tell you how you should be doing things but… I just thought it could help.” 

Amethyst smiled and shook her head as Lin apologized for her well meaning word. Such a kind hearted young lady this were, and yet so unsure of the worth of her own words it seemed. It carried with it some degree of charm to it, though she did wish that the poor thing would one day be confident that what she said were as valuable as what anypony else would say, even if it were one reinforcing a plan of action that were likely already in motion.

"I don't mind dear. It shows me that your heart is in the right place, to care for ponies whom you have barely met.

And I do wish that I were there to personally see to their mental health, yet much as I wish I could constantly stay with them, the professionals insisted that I leave them some breathing room. In their opinion, it would be hard for them to constantly see a reminder of how time had passed in their absence, when they were still struggling to accept that. I cannot say that I agree with them, as I know that some of them needs the comfort of a familiar face in this difficult time, but for the sake of their betterment, I conceded to not be there every waking moment I have.

So I spend time working, and waiting to hear more from both doctors and Clayton, whilst visiting my old friends as often as I am allowed to. It is not an ideal situation for anypony, yet sadly, this appears to be the best course of action. Though I can imagine that once Clayton have found news of all the friends and families of them, and we have to break the news, both of us will be needed to shoulder tears from some - if not all - of them.

I know not if you have ever lost somepony, but try to imagine that happened, and you were first told of it several years later. It is a... Horrifying prospect to face."

Amethyst's cup shook slightly as she lifted it to end her talk with a sip of tea, and a grim shadow went over her otherwise jolly exterior for a brief moment. She could not imagine the pain such news were going to inflict upon somepony, yet even trying to made her feel physically ill and assaulted. What horrors were she not to see on their faces?

==========================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"The Hamsterbug? It tastes good."

As she said that, the creature looked over towards them, and with a loud, surprised squeak, would curl into a ball and roll away quickly. Every time it bounced, it left behind a kind of yellow ooze that just sunk into the ground, which would not be easily identifiable, until it reached a tree and just melted straight through it. Said tree let out a loud and started to stuff the hole with dirt, gathered up with a long vine with a large and sturdy, near metallic strength leaf at the end of it.

"Just munch it before the acid comes out. It's less yummy when your tummy is gone."

As the dirt got moved, they'd find a guest too, who had been seemingly buried to the neck and covered with leaves. Possibly by the tree.

"Oh look, we found one. Off you go to the wedding ground, hehe."

With a surprised gasp and a drawn out scream, something would come from below and drag the pony down into the dirt, then back to the wedding area, where she'd be spat out of the ground, like a bad tasting piece of apple.

"That's one screamy thingy. Any of you hear more screams, or smells the weird normies?"

To the right, 150 meters. Look into the water.

@Blitz Boom

The yellow pony-looking thing went over to the water.

"Colorful equine, the wedding is on land."

"Do you have a GPS?"

"Clearly not."

Lucid and Novia were trying to figure out if hay was an actual plant or made of a plant.

"Do you think it is made on a farm or natural?"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom 

(Continued from 345)

The changes Zhu made would indeed prevent the small group from triggering the trap, which of course was disappointing to Gaea, as she had hoped to be done with this whole mess sooner rather than later.  She did however remain quiet in her hiding spot for the time being. As the group continued off into the distance, they slowly approached a fate that would find them at a fork in the road, giving directions to a group which would have otherwise headed in the wrong direction.  This new group would eventually make its way into the path of the trap, and it was clear that this group came from money.  There were several wagons nearly overflowing with exotic goods, but in the middle of it all was an ornately decorated carriage that was purple with gold trim.  The nobleman inside was slightly overweight, with a light brown coat and a medium length blonde mane.  He was the type to stop for nopony.  However, he was also not the type to give up the use of his luxurious carriage in favor of riding in another wagon with the goods.  The only thing that would stop this group in its tracks was if his carriage was the one to hit the trap, but with three wagons leading the way before it, setting that up would sure be tricky.  If this group were stopped here, the bandits would surely show themselves.  How could they not?  Gold, gems, and fruits from far away lands?  No thief could resist such temptations.

@Blitz Boom 

(Continued from 346)

Marcus took the book with his magic, flipping through the pages, then stopping on a page with a forested area that was about three days journey away.  On the map, the forest was surrounded in mountains.  “Thank you. This will do perfectly.”  He sat down with the book in his hooves now, flipping back and forth between a few different pages showing the same general area, clearly planning out possible routes. His hoof would occasionally trail across one page, then he would flip to another page, and he would continue from where he had left off on another page, then he would start all over again with a new route.  “We will need supplies for a three day journey, including tools for cutting away shrubbery and clearing away rocks,” he said to one of the elders who gave a nod, then proceeded to the door to go get others started on the preparations.

(Charlie and Penny, on page 347, will be continued next time)

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Blitz Boom Serenade rolled with the hug, ending up on her feet while the blur starts vibrating in place. Another stream of words too fast for anypony to understand. Serenade puts a wingtip on Fah'lina's back, "No need for teeth. Also, she tastes like Sea Salt and Mud, trust me." A hoof stops the blur was speaking, "Brindi....down." Serenade smiles, "I know your happy to see me, but girl, you need to calm." The blur slows down, revealing it to be a reddish-brown Unicorn filly, about 11-22 years old, a seaform green mane cut short and deep blue eyes. 

The filly turns to Ziggy and smiles, "OHMYGOSHAREYOUAZEAGUSORISITPEGBRA" It seems the filly has only one setting. FAST

@Blitz Boom

“I can imagine,” Lin nodded as she sipped her tea. “It… is a terrible thing to be hit with heavy news like that all of a sudden. Not enough time to come to terms with how time has passed without you. I know you and Clayton know how best to help the miners. ”

Perhaps it might be time to turn their thoughts to more pleasant things. There is enough pain to shoulder with the miners, Clayton, and Amethyst but this has invigorated Lin to do what she can to make sure Filigree really stays caught the next time they meet, more so now than ever. She doesn’t need to see more anguish, hear more about it, the mere idea is enough to drive her to see that goal reached, and she knows she can count on Sen and Omen to see it through. 

As for Sen, he came face to face with the little refraction and smiled, gently running one claw over the creature and addressing both him and Omen at the same time. 

“I believe so, Omen. We’ll help him however we can and one day, we’ll all be able to talk to each other like we’re doing now.”

“I don’t doubt your abilities, Shrimp. One step at a time is how you’ll grow and we will go with your pace.”

Though it wasn’t certain if Shrimp understood anything Sen just said, he is content with those words. This was good for both of them, with Sen no longer being in danger of hissing and aggressive biting and Shrimp being given a little preview of what a conversation is like. It was sort of relaxing for the longma but he wouldn’t rule out the possibility of the refraction suddenly wanting play by biting him. He didn’t mind the idea too much but maybe doing so in the back room of a shop isn’t the best. There is plenty of time to play outside and especially so once they have some time to themselves to work on the diamond chunk. Speaking of which…

“I think it is about time we start work on the the diamond, Amethyst. Thank you for accommodating us, for the information, and for the tea. Let us meet again some time. Perhaps I might be able to bring you some brews from our home.”

@Blitz Boom

{STORM BUTTON}

Storm smiled at Star, a mare she had seen multiple times during her deliveries to Sugarcube Corner. "Thanks, Stare. Have a good day!" Ignoring Alonsus completely despite the fact he was the one who finished her order, she smiles and turns to the maid. "Betsy, did yo stop eating again?" She sighs, giving a slight smile. "You-"

Betsy interrupts her with a vacant, blank voice. "Excuse me, but I need to place my order." Despite the lack of emotion, there was a firmness and decisiveness to her voice. However, she kept composure and waited for the mare to move. 

{BETSY VIOLET}

Sigh...it gets to me sometimes. Ponies keep trying to get me to eat more. It is simply a waste of time. It got to her, not in a self-hateful way but rather made her more negative towards others, which was not good for her reputation or career.

{STORM BUTTON}

Storm stared for a moment, then waved to the employees and walked outdoors, sipping her latte. Nopony really spoke to her, so she put on her pair of black headphone and listened to some music for relaxation as she strolled down. Suddenly, she had a horrid realization that she'd neglected to pay. Nearly spilling her latte, she dashed back.

{BETSY VIOLET}

"Hello, sir. I'd like to order the...ginger stew that mare mentioned." Betsy did a curtsy as she trotted forwards, not wanting to waste time. All she wanted was to eat fast, pay, and get back to her job. This was a waste of precious time.

{STORM BUTTON}

Storm stops before reaching the restaurant, realizing she'd left her wallet back at her home. Do I really want to go back in? it's only a few bits...She loitered around the entrance, debating the decision. Her panicked visage was in clear view of the employees.

@Blitz Boom

Returning to Harrowmark anytime soon would be a bit out of the detective's control.  It was so far from Equestria to voyage back and froth from.  His method of getting here to begin with would be difficult to replicate on his own without one of Twisted's spells lays around to nab a green gem from, and then costing another of Scarlet's pocket watches.  If Princess Twilight was keen on making sure the two counties were in constant contact, he was pretty confident she'd develop some sort of portal or such.  Something far beyond his scope as a detective to have to deal with.  He'll file his report and just have to wait and see what comes of it.  "I'm sure you will," he smiled at the mayor who seemed to be buzzing with ideas on how to improve himself and his town now out from under the dark wizard.  Thistle was going to have her hoofs full.

Igniting his horn he gripped the pitcher of water and poured himself a mug of water instead of the available brew.  Putting the pitcher back down, he used his hoof instead to pick up the mug and take his swig.  Cool, refreshing, everything a recovering body needs.  Rising Dusk had indeed noticed the patchwork ascetic the town of Oaksbrook had taken on.  Each house telling a story of how a people had to continue to exist under the blight Twisted had cast upon them.  It was pretty easy to see how their stunted development was so far behind other places in the world like Equestria.  Fashion is one thing, but their technology was another.  A culture shock was on the horizon as they realigned to the light, he was pretty sure that if he even did return, it would be quite different.

Bowing his head in respect as the mayor departed, "Of course."  Considering the fact though, of those that had the power to make the distance to collect him, minus any alicorns, that only leaves The Captain and his sister that he knows of.  And when any of these ponies show up to get him, he's pretty sure their arrival will make enough of a spectral that he won't need to tell the mayor himself of his departure.

Left with Wisp again, it was time to meet her pet undead bird Chirpy.  He listened to the mare talk about her pet the same way a pony in Equestria would about a living one.  Pets in Harrowmark ultimately last longer as they serve as companions in both life and death.  This large raven though had an extra layer the detective could see as most pets didn't have weaves of magic to look at.  Putt his mug down, he held out his hoof for the metal bit the bird had gone out its way to gift to him.  "A pleasure, Chirpy," the unicorn greeted with a smile.  "The spell used to animate Chirpy is very nicely done.  A firmly defined Quessence and Sergile.  Black weave, shinny, not oily or tar.  Outlined in the traditional necrotic green with a nice hum to radiates with Chirpy's movements.  No malice, no ill intent," he explained.  It was always difficult to describe how he saw the world, but it was fun to try at times.  Hardly anything he said made much sense though.  Rising Dusk chuckled, "Means he's a good bird."

@Blitz Boom
Ruby thought for a second, also trying to sense if there was something that would indicate a way in, a door handle or something, but besides the wagon and cold (and nails and such on the shacks), there was no metal around "I guess we should just start looking for a hatch or something, there doesn't seem to be any metal handles, so use that information as you will." she was tempted to just transform and burn down everything to make the finding easier, but that would have been a bad idea. She then made her way right above the gold, and started searching the area from there, drawing a mental image in her head about what the room could look like based on the golds position and such..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada smiled when Berry seemed to enjoy her joke, she had always like to see creatures be happy because of something she said or did, that's why she liked to sing to others so much "Thank you." she thanked for the compliment, though it didn't really give anything to her, since complimenting siren's voice was...well, it was like complimenting a pony for standing on four legs, there really wasn't sirens that didn't have a good singing voice, since that was the main thing their kind did. "And I would be more than happy to learn more...up-to-date songs, though when you think about it, it may actually be the old songs that wipe the floor, since I'm sure that besides anypony who was alive before the banishment, no pony knows most of them." she looked thoughtful "Though they probably won't understand many of them either, since the old language was quite different."  

@Rising Dusk

The raven pushed the piece of metal the last way when it seemed like Rising were ready to take it, and croaked lowly once he took it, and started to give him compliments. What of it the raven could understand sounding like it at least. Ravens were smart birds, but trying to grasp magic were out of their league. The last bit were not, and he proudly puffed up his chest as yet another pony - someone he had never seen no less - agreed that he were a good bird.

This whole display just made Wisp laugh a little more. A pearly chuckle that wouldn't go far, considering the sounds from all around them and the fact that she held a hoof up in front of her muzzle out of politeness, yet she just couldn't contain herself.

"Please forgive me, it's just funny to see how you two got along Dusk. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw something that made me laugh like this."

Harromark hadn't been a place for joy for a very long time now, and especially not this close to the center of the darkness. Only the sadistic had glee in mind when darkness spread so wide and the light slowly died, and those of the wilderness witches who shared in the wants that drove Twisted were more than pleased over how times had changed. They wouldn't have much to laugh at for long now though.

"And he really is a good bird, long as you pay him for his work. If he doesn't get a treat when he delivers a message he gets cranky sand steals things as ransom. He mostly prefers rabbit."

He wouldn't touch live prey if he got bribed to it though. Wriggling, squirming little critters weren't his taste. Slabs of dried meat though, that were a favorite of Chirpy, and mostly the only food he got, beyond the occasional cadaver he'd stumble over now and again. Turns out that being undead, you didn't need as much food anymore as you once did. On the plus side, they could eat rotten things without getting diseases, so convenient cleanup crew weren't hard to find in a the shape of a flock of these cadaver birds.

"I wish I could talk about the magic that drives him, but magic studies were forbidden here. We barely manage to do any magic in general as it is, out of fear that he would spot potential and force us to become apprentices of his.

Though uhm... We may have sneaked in some things over the years that he didn't seem to notice, so the mayor may know something. I for one though, are just happy that it ended like this, and not with Chirpy coming back as a wicker bird. Not the most hostile of creatures, but they are still savage and wild. Perhaps it were due to Twisted and the darkness he poured into the ground, or they have always been so? I'm not sure, yet I still think that the wicker creatures are usually the worst thing one can reawaken as in Harrowmark.

Hopefully now that the goddess of peaceful rest have gotten her herald back, there are a greater chance that upon death, we will not have to wander the lands again, but can just slumber eternally under her wings. That is what high priestess Thistle says will happen at least, to those who have faith in Viz'nay."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Roger that chief. Let's see what we can find."

Usually Ruby didn't take orders, but this here were fine. Ruby's catch, Ruby's lead. Only fair.

Mighty boring trying to find a hidden entrance though. This place were overgrown and hadn't any obvious entrance to anywhere, though it sounded like it were below them, so that were a start. Meant she didn't need to have to wander around to find an invisible door leading upwards. One time had been plenty enough of that for her taste.

After a few minutes, below some shrubbery, she found something poking up through the greens.

"Hey, I think I found a handle. I'll go get the shovel."

What? She weren't a dog, she didn't dig with her hooves. She'd go grab the shovel and then get on with it, to see if there were really an entrance here, or if it were just some metal or whatever stuck in the ground.

=======================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"The princesses and the nobles would probably get it. They like theater, operas, all that sorta stuff. We got somepony in Ponyville too called Octavia that's really into classical music. Perhaps you two might end up getting along once they all get to know you."

The mental image of Octavia and Nada on a scene, presenting some sorta big, grandeur performance to the princesses and snooty nobles were a pretty nice one. Hopefully a realistic one too, since that'd really mean that Nada had gotten far. Nobles didn't trust or like anypony other than themselves after all. Okay that were a broad stereotype, but still, a lot of them were kinda mean-spirited and had their noses way up high in the sky.

"What sorta things did you perform with back in the day? Y'know, before went all haywire. Purely just some singing, or did you make a show out of it? Did you have a theater crew perhaps?"

==============================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 6/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, EQ_Theta said:

As for Sen, he came face to face with the little refraction and smiled, gently running one claw over the creature and addressing both him and Omen at the same time. 

“I believe so, Omen. We’ll help him however we can and one day, we’ll all be able to talk to each other like we’re doing now.”

“I don’t doubt your abilities, Shrimp. One step at a time is how you’ll grow and we will go with your pace.”

Shrimp squirmed and chirped as yet another started to pet him. Happy little thing were bathing in the attention and swaying like a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man.

"Z... Z-he... Zhem?"

The refraction tried his best to say Sen's name, and would nibble playfully towards the longma's claws after he had forced this out of him. Much like with Omen, it were clear that he still weren't developed enough to really grasp how names were supposed to be pronounced, but he were trying, and he felt pretty proud of himself for trying a new word. This however, marked Lin as the last one whom he hadn't tried to say the name off of his three, primary caretakers. Perhaps if she pushed him a little about it, he'd try, but otherwise it were bound to come sooner or later.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, EQ_Theta said:

f which…

“I think it is about time we start work on the the diamond, Amethyst. Thank you for accommodating us, for the information, and for the tea. Let us meet again some time. Perhaps I might be able to bring you some brews from our home."

"It sounds delightful dear. And know that from the bottom of my heart, I thank you profoundly for saving my friends, and doing your best to bring to light the one whom hurt them. May Celestia watch over you all, til our paths crosses again. Within the week I suppose, seeing as the diamond must be cut once it is fully cleansed, yet all in due time. Let the little one work at his own pace, and we will meet in due time."

Getting up, Amethyst emptied the drawer with mint leaves and put it in a little bag, along with the one that Sen had chosen to drink from into a separate bag, and handed them both to the longma siblings.

"A little gift for you. Please, I insist."

Lin for one had clearly enjoyed her tea, and while these leaves were perhaps not the easiest ones to come around, Amethyst could simply go to her friends shop and buy another bag of them. It were not the first time, and it wouldn't be the last either, as sometimes Amethyst did have company that liked tea, and it were hardly ever the case that folks picked every variant equally. usually there were a few favorites that went away somewhat quickly.

@Seamore Sandwich

This were a far more interesting target for the thieves, that were certain. 

A bloated rich pony, showing off his wealth wherever he went would be a prime target for some kind of robbery, and quite frankly, he would deserve it. Travelling like this and parading your own often ill-gotten blessings got no sympathy from Zhu, though he could not say that he found pleasure in what had to be done regardless. His ensuing bad day seemed near destined to be felt by those working for him, as well as his family, though of course, things may still change. The odds were not high, but there were the option that after the robbery, he'd return a changed pony, whom had learned a lesson about flaunting his wealth, and take others for granted. Unlikely, but plausible.

How to make this cart hit the trap above the wagons in front though, that were the question.

Zhu could simply have the cart lifted and smacked down on said trap with somewhat strain, and force him into the trap, yet that wouldn't help them to move more subtly in this manner. He could divert the wagons in front slightly, leaving an opening by forcing whom were pulling to wander to the side somewhat with a pressure point of wind.

However, he felt a more... Subtle approach could be met, and as such, he silently focused what magic he had into making the dirt near the trap, and in a line across the path, rise up enough to give a sort of small speed bump/tiny hill, yet also make it so that the trap shouldn't be hitting the first wagon that would go over it. This were going to be strained for Zhu though, as it were quite a bit of weight to prevent from going through, as well as ensuing that it, and the others near it, would get through this in a stable manner as to not draw suspicion.

Nothing were perfect though, and it may well be that the first one would drop through and hit the trap, as he would underestimate what went on here, in which case they had to take more drastic measures. Other things could also go wrong, but the stored spells that he had on him in the varied trinkets and amulets he were carrying could potentially help them with that when time came. They would see how this would go. With some luck, the first would succeed, and he could drop the rich pony straight into the trap, instead of quite literally forcing them to stay here by say, taking the wind away around their faces, and deprive them of ozygen enough that they may pass out. An easy way to do this, but it would perhaps draw suspicion, so that were option number two right now. One way or another, these ponies were to stay here though, he would ensure that.

@Seamore Sandwich

"It sounds as if there is a plan in motion. However, in case you need me further for retrieval of something you have need of, you may find me in the records room. I have something which I need to procure from there, if it still remains. Omen, if you would follow me please?"

With that, Belladonna would bow her head to Marcus before they both departed, with her heading out to see if she could find the information on Filigree that may have been left behind when she were part of this place. Her original reason to come here, and one she would not forget, now that she did not have more pressing matters. Were Marcus to send word to her that he needed something though, it could be arranged, and the records would wait for another time.

Her brothers life were on the line here. Surely the longma and their friends would understand a certain prioritizing happening when that were the stakes she had in this mission of Marcus's. Hopefully he were not only as good as the tomes had said, but indeed stronger. If not, then those he brought better be, so that they could complete their mission, reclaim their target, and give new life to those who had given nearly all they had for the cause.

================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"We got spiders that makes hay here. I mixed them with scarecrows for funsies, and now this place have hay. Also a lot of really aggressive, bird-eating spiders, but that's kinda cool too."

Getting to the pony int he water, they'd find... Are you for real?

"Yep. It's a mirror slime. I sorta thought they had all been eaten by now. Spiff!"

*Sigh* A blue pool indeed had a pony in it below the surface, yet said pony didn't seem to be able to get out as he in panic kept hammering on the other side of the gelatinous goo creature that slowly moved across the ground.

"It hides on trees like flat disks, mimicking a mirror, and when somepony then comes to look into it- *Snap! You're grabbed and dragged into it's stomach. The water's gonna drown him and then fill with sto-oooh, right. We need him alive to attend the wedding. Eh, alright."

Signalling a nearby tree, Anomaly would make it spit out a big ol' hammer towards her, that she'd then swing down like they were at a carnival fair, which shattered the surface of the slime, and allowed the pony to get up, gasping for air.

"You made me hit my poor, innocent murder slime. You better be nice the rest of the day mister. Henry? Think you can take him to the wedding area? It's where we made the fun houses."

Henry nodded at the request and took the somewhat delusional pony in his grip and walked back to where they came from with the equine solidly planted in the meaty hand he also wandered on when going. The pony would be safe, but he'd end up getting a nervous breakdown like this.

"Make sure he gets to the bar snoochums! He's gonna need like, the entire thing. Twice."