Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Ouch! That remark really stung the elder. He wouldn’t know exactly how to respond to it but in their short time spent, he did consider Omen a friend. Maybe he might have been overstepping his boundaries and perhaps she didn’t see him as anyone but another face in the village. A helpful and accommodating one but not so much as a friend. She probably needs time to remember the gaps in her memories or someone could offer to give her a recap. Either way, he didn’t dwell on that right now as he had other issues to worry about. 

“She’s right about wanting to show her the new additions to our home. Thanks for rounding up everyone who could help out with the room. They did great work here.”

“I’m sure they’ll be pleased to know you and Omen are happy with their efforts. And if this is like the last visit, I’m sure you’ll be needing supplies. There’s a new harvest of berries and vegetables you can get by the riverbank. I should go back to my duties. Keep safe you two, and send my regards to Sen and your mother.”

Elder Ghilan bowed before the two of them and left their home. With all the commotion Solasan has been stirring up, the other villages’ elders have been curious and concerned with the turn of events leading up to Ghilan being left in charge. Though his choice was a selfless one, the others seem to believe this to be another power play. Perhaps there will come a time for all those concerned to see what it truly is but there is much to do right now. As for Lin, she led Omen back to the common room and sat by the fire pit, her back against the entryway to her parents’ quarters. 

“You really don’t remember a lot about your last visit here, huh? I suppose Sen and I can help you remember what happened. And you’re not grounded; you didn’t do anything wrong. You’re not being forced to stay here against your will; feel free to come and go as you like.”

@Blitz Boom

"Well, they have pretty slow reactions if they are monsters, considering I just kicked one of them." Ruby didn't know what mimics were, so she didn't know if she could sense them, but currently she couldn't sense any hidden creatures, and she assumed she could sense the threat if there was one. "Besides, I know exactly where the gold is, so even if they are monsters or traps, we don't need to touch them." she checked the gold chests to see if there was any obvious traps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It slightly bothered Nada that the wildlife got notably less when they got closer to the lake, not because it was disturbing, but because she knew she was big part of it. She was just going to ask Berry what was going on when she heard the oddly conversation like animal noises, but she then heard Lyriel's voice, and visibly lighted up. When they got close enough to Lyrier, Nada spoke quietly trying avoid scaring any creature "Hello again Lyriel." 

@Blitz Boom

"The strange writings should be a rant about clear nail polish."

"What is the point in clear nail polish? What next, clear paint?"

"Yeah, why do we need that?"

Lucid picked up a weird hamster thing walking by.

"Take us to the pony."

Would the hamster understand? He wasn't too sure, he didn't know much about the hamster.

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"I CAN'T FLY BECAUSE OF TRAUMA PROBLEMS!" Dawn yelled at Kaltrops to be heard over the wind. She kept a tight grip on the spine she was hanging onto and kept watch to see when her house popped up. "AND I'M GOING TO LEAVE IT AT THAT!"

@FanOfManyShows

WATTS MECHANO

"Well, I do plan on heading home via the train to work on this contraption if that's what you mean," Watts replied, turning to face Zealous. Her saddlebags were full of the items she had bought and she tilted her head. "You look very uncomfortable though. Is something the matter?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

Karmic was silent for a time when she followed Enzo towards the cave. When they approached it, she took in a shuddering breath and her eyes glowed white. In her mind, Atzy was surprised at seeing something pop up in front of her. It was a monochrome vision of the cave, but it looked like a foal-sized changeling was playfully running in and out of the cave's entrance. 'Wha... wh-what is this?'

"I ... I don'... is that you, Atzy?" Karmic said in plain shock, not paying attention at all to where she was going and went off course, looking like she was heading directly into some protruding stalagmites; all while she watched the past vision.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Alright, we're getting close, apparently," Twilight mumbled to herself and went into a cautionary mode, following Last's lead. "I only remember seeing the Tatzlwurm once but I don't quite remember what they look like. So, I'm going to get a good reminder of what they look like when we run into one."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"AHA! WE'RE OUT OF THE FOREST!" Aurora cheered when they emerged and she began flapping her wings, soaring in small circles ahead of Happy. "YES! NO CLAUSTROPHOBIA AND NO WOODEN DOGS! WOOHOO!"

@Moonlit

On 7/5/2019 at 1:12 AM, Moonlit said:

"Also know as Shadow Eaters, Umbra Mimics were.....twisted evil creations of Grogar. They lived in a place called Tambelon". As soon as Harmony said, a chill wind blows past. "Trust me, I'd rather have to feed this little puffball" She looks over at Fah'lina "Until the end of time then have to face one of those...things again."

Ziggy's eyes went big an curious by what she heard. Shadow eaters, made by some creature named Grogar, in a place she had never heard off? It surely sounded important and something worth knowing for future reference, but the way that Harmony looked like when she said this, made her just keep it to herself for now. Another time perhaps, she could ask more about this, or find some books that would explain a few of the things she had just heard, though for the time being, it seemed like prodding would just make things kinda tense, so her and Fah'lina would have to wait.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:12 AM, Moonlit said:

As soon as Ziggy looks down, she hears a high-pitched shriek followed by a clatter of hooves. Harmony facehooves "Please don't scare my husbands interns....he does that already. I'm surprised this one has lasted this long" Sunrise giggles

"I didn't think anypony were actually there. Hello? Do you need medical help?"

Ziggy would look down but without being able to see anything from this angle, she fluttered down and got ready for them to enter the building, so that she could quickly go in and find whomever she might have given the shock of a lifetime.

The mimic on the other hoof, saw what happened, snickered with a mischievous grin over her face, and flew up near the lens, though she wouldn't go fully into frame before she had opened up her big maw full of the several rows of sharp teeth. If anypony were still watching, it might look like they were all about to be eaten by some sort of space shark.

===========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

So Ghilan had met Mother too? This whole situation were starting to confuse Omen quite a bit, since she were used to not having memories of everything from the past, but that were more in regards to things that happened when Discord were ruling the lands, several millennia ago. This sounded like it was recent, and yet, she had no recollection of this longma elder, or most of what he were going on about. Only the brief few glimpses of some other longma who made her feel wrong.

She tried to stand and scour her memories for a bit, and sift through the myriad of things she had yet to think about that had happened ever since she woke up outside the mine, but she didn't find much from before that which she didn't already knew the context off. A few glimpses of longma, a cave, some strange orb, and then of course, when Mother had sent the evil elder away to the world where none should thread. Nothing that connected to make any sort of sense, and as Lin took charge and lead her outside this room, and into one with a fire pit, it just kept on swirling around as she attempted to make sense of all of this.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:33 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“You really don’t remember a lot about your last visit here, huh? I suppose Sen and I can help you remember what happened. And you’re not grounded; you didn’t do anything wrong. You’re not being forced to stay here against your will; feel free to come and go as you like.”

"Grounded means something bad. I understand. Not all of this. Other longma name, I remember somepony. Mother did bad things to him. Makes me feel wrong. Bubbly, and warm.

Something there. A cave. Strange orb. Few longma walking. Pictures without context. Confusing. Help please?"

Omen truly needed to hear what had transpired if she were to get at least this headache off her shoulders. Lin might not know the entire thing, but she would know the majority of information, and long as in broad strokes things were covered, it should suffice. It weren't small inconsistencies that tended to make Omen almost dizzy with confusion after all. It were these larger spaces in her memories with nothing in them. Far as she knew, ponies called this feeling *Unnerving*, though she had heard other phrases, like *Frustrating*, *Infuriating* and *Who are you? Get away from me!*. Though that last one were the response to many more of her questions, and she had grasped that it were likely not an answer, as much as an order.

=========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"You kicked 'em? Then it's probably just traps. Leave 'em be and let's nick the other ones."

Ruby wouldn't be able to find any sort of traps on or around the chests, including a pressure one, yet there were no saying if there were something within the chests themselves that might  count as some sorta trap, though considering everything else here, it might have more or less been ruined by time too. One could only hope at least, since it were a grand pain in the rear to open up something just to find that you got tricked, but hey, on the bright side, Ruby's abilities had made 'em miss out on the fake chests, so that were some traps avoided right there.

"Lob one on my back, would ya? Still can't see diddly squat, but I can't let ya take all the heavy lifting on your own, so I'll help going a few rounds until we got 'em all. Safer to check what might be in 'em outside."

=========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Trying as she might, the animals around - especially the small critters - had a reaction that mainly boiled down to varying kinds of fear, and either hiding behind Lyriel as she turned to face them, or stand in front to try and keep her safe. Though the second group were mostly just the bear and a regular wolf, who had some size to them.

"Everyone, please be at ease. I will guarantee you that no harm will come to any of us."

The animals seemed less than enthusiastic about trusting this, but the two in front of her did part way when she motioned to go through and approach the pony and siren whom were getting nearer.

"It is good to see you again Nada. I hold questions of your well being, but first I must ask for your word that you will uphold a degree of restraint here, and do not attempt to harm the creatures you see in front of you, long as they do not strike at you either. They are not your enemies, and for the time being, no creature's lunch."

She gave a glance towards Berry who were trailing behind and looking around very suspiciously. She would have to address this one soon enough, though right now, she needed to keep her focus on Nada, to ease tensions with the animals a little further. It would not be a good environment to be in if this were not resolved early on.

======================================================================================

@Dji

Karmic would find that she bumped into a large, soft paw, rather than the jagged stalagmite she had been headed towards on her disoriented path.

"Something troubles you, Karmic. Tell me, what is it that you see her do?"

A tinge of actual worry were to be found in his voice, and somewhat in the prideful eyes that stared down upon her. He would not be one to admit it most of the time, but he had grown somewhat fond of this particular pony, and the situation were evolving rapidly in a direction only she could see. It were troubling to him, as it may mean that she would be headed straight for danger, just as she had been when he had heard her shocked words before, and turned around to her her stagger towards a large stalagmite. A small collision would likely do little to truly harm her, even with how weak the framework of a pony always seemed to be, yet he had still instinctively reached over to stop her from impacting the rock.

Something strange were going on right now with her, and he needed to try and keep his dignity on this, even though he truly wished to ask *Did she do anything to you? Are you okay?*. A less than dignified question which he would likely have to hit one of his depressed streaks to say out loud. He had less care for appearance when that situation arose.

======================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

"Snakelike plants with large maws. They won't be easy to miss if they are above ground, but be careful if the dirt rumbles. I learned that the hard way."

It had been one of the ambush ones that had caused Last to have to jump away quickly to avoid getting eaten, which had resulted in her stomach wound prior to first entering Ponyville. After she had collapsed near one of the carts at the outskirts of the market, she had been rushed to the hospital where the doctors had done what they could to fix her up, though because of the extend of the damages and blood loss from the long walk to town, it had been a little uncertain how it ended.

They had been adamant in keeping her at least a week in the hospital once she had woken up, yet she had refused and worked against them at every step of the way, and eventually they had only managed to keep her for three hours, before she had staggered out of the door with a bottle of prescribed painkillers on her, and yells about her coming back the second anything even seemed remotely wrong. And she did come back when the stitches started to go up that first time, so they had thought that she at least listened to their warnings.

After the attack on Ponyville though, where she had helped fight back the dark entity, the stitched had almost ruptured in their entirety, and this time, as she were rushed in among the other injured, they both chained her down to her bed, and kept her under forced sedation to at least give her a day to be properly worked on. She had been none too thrilled about it once she woke up, but had begrudgingly accepted that it had been needed, and thanked them before joining the meeting the princesses had at Twilight's castle to determine what to do next. She might've not been able to lift things, but she could supervise the whole rebuilding effort, and once the princesses assigned her the job, she did so too. The buildings that were there should be solid now, though testing still needed to be done. Hopefully once this were all over, there were time for that. Among other things.

As for the area they were in, the ground did not rumble currently, and no large, out of place plant were spotted so far, but there were still some trees to cross. It were once they hit the clearing that she expected things to begin, though it never hurt to be wary beforehoof.

"When you see something, do not go over and check yourself. Speak up about it."

================================================================================

@Dji

Happy couldn't help but laugh as he saw Aurora loudly and excitingly express her joy over them not being in the forest any. There was just something over this expression of relief and joy that just made him feel all giddy and happy, just by watching it. Heh, perhaps her mood were just infectious? Like how you'd sometimes feel down if you saw somepony sad, but just cranked up to 11.

"That's the spirit Aurora. Lookit all this open plains and open skies. Ain't it a beauty?"

He considered telling her that they'd have to go back into the forest eventually, but he just couldn't get himself to do so right now. She looked so happy and free of worries. Who were he to take this from her already?

================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

The hamster looked like a regular hamster, except that it had fluffy red wings, and wore a small tuxedo, cane on his back, top hat, and monocle. He squeaked as he were picked up, and stared at the creature who had picked him up as he had tried to scurry past them.

"Good sir, I must ask that you show some degree of mannerism. If you wish to be lead somewhere, follow proper etiquette and ask, rather than make it an order. It is astoundingly rude to do so towards one whom you have never even met, and with hardly any information to go by either."

The small hamster corrected his monocle and poked at Lucid with the bend end of it, whilst looking decisively annoyed.

"Wait, Reginald? Hah, it Is you! Awesome! I thought you got eaten three months ago."

The furry creature seemed to be relieved and put on a smile, once Anomaly got into view.

"Yes, it were quite the situation, yet both I and the family made it through. I do apologize for not informing you actually, but we've both been so dreadfully busy that it were hard to meet up again. Perhaps you could come for tea tonight?"

"Not yet, I'm gonna be married today."

"Is that so? Hah, how marvelous, though I hope it is not with this... Ruffian."

He indicated Lucid, with a dignified wave of his paw.

"Nah, this feral boy's taken by Novia over there. I'm with this guy."

Reginald would raise his hat towards Lumen, and bow as best he could towards Novia.

"A pleasure to meet you both. Now, could I perhaps be freed? One always have things to do after all."

"Actually, we're looking for our guests, but they got scrambled all over. You've seen any of them?"

"I believe that I have seen some of them, yes. In fact, I passed one just before meet you. It seemed that Datt Mamon were trying to drag her out of a clutch of needle shrimp, if I am not mistaken. If this one would release his grip in me, I can lead you towards her, and potentially others too, if you wouldn't mind?"

@Blitz Boom

She didn't have to tell him twice.  The detective's movements not all that dissimilar to the muddled feeling of treading through water one has when trying to run in their dreams.  Will power only got a pony so far though.  The assurance of the aid was appreciated though, giving Wisp a thankful smile.  His haste was necessary though, needing to get The Captain's attention before she was able to~

The amplified TAP TAP TAP of a microphone resounded throughout the town, produced by The Captain tapping at her newly lit horn.  Darkness descended upon the town, the flames of torches and braziers still danced ablaze and the sun still beamed above but could no longer produce light.  A solitary spotlight that was impossible to miss shown brightly down upon the tall unicorn, causing her dress to glitter in sparkles of azure and gold.  A quick clearing of her voice and she pointed out over the olden town with her hoof.  Her face became serious and her enchanting voice amplified by her spell, "BEHOLD DARK WIZARD OF HARROWMARK!  THE LADY MINTY LIS SNOW DELICE, CAPTAIN OF THE OFFICE OF MAGICAL INVESTIGATION, HAS ARRIVED!  I HAVE ANSWERED THE CALL AND DEMAND YOU RETURN MY DARLING DETECTIVE TO ME THIS INSTANT OR~"

There was a pop and a fizzle.  The spotlight over the mare went out and all the sources of light returned to the town.  The Captain glanced up at her horn confused and mildly annoyed that she wasn't able to finish her introduction.  Only one pony she knew was capable of that.  Quickly looking around. 

The light revealed Rising Dusk's own horn aglow with a healthy swirl of black wisps.  Having gotten close enough to put an end to her ridiculous introduction spell.  The theatrical antics of his captain wasn't something the ponies of Oaksbrook really needed in their lives right now.  His appearance though made The Captain's face light up and before he knew it, he was levitated off the ground and zapped over to her waiting hooves.  She had taken a seat and embraced the lost detective.  Being nearly half her size he was basically a rag doll as she hugged and squeezed him.  "Oh my dear Rising Dusk, I'm so happy to see you in one piece!" she exclaimed.  "What would your sister do to me?  Or your mother?  Oh sweet Celestia your mother... I'd lose my box seats at the theater!"  He rolled his eyes, oh the horror. 

Pulling him back from her chest to examine the detective and find out she spoke too soon.  "Oh dear, what happened?" she inquired.  Sticking a hoof under his chin and turning his head side to side, up and down.  Her maternal nature to her agents was a bit over the top at times, like the rest of her, but they've just learned to roll with it over the years.  Before she could even ask, he stuck out his tongue for examination.  "To force my detective into using a power pill, must have been quite the foe," she concluded before setting the unicorn down on the ground.

It wasn't hard for him to notice her own ordeal though.  She hid it well, but the bags under her eyes could be detected with a glance.  It was likely she hasn't slept since he departed to battle Twisted Gears.  Keeping an eye on the map and waiting for any sigh of his success into the wee hours of the morning.  That would also explain her quick arrival since he figured his beacon would go unnoticed for a least a couple of hours.

"Case 1016D, closed," he informed The Captain with a smile.  Oh it was going to be one long report.

@Blitz Boom Another shriek, this one higher pitched, followed by a pony screaming "Carcharodons Astra! Carcharodons Astra!" Followed by a slate grey Unicorn mare with a silver mane coming running out the front door, grab Sunrise in a armlock "SIR! SPACE SHARKS!!!" Sunrise is about to speak when he's picked up by her magic, and she runs back into the house.

Harmony shakes her head, "Ah, that might be why. She's as crazy as my husband....So....you girls hungry?"

@Dji

"Well... maybe you should actually say these things then..."

Kaltrop quietly mutters to himself outloud. His wingbeats slow down as he lowers closer to the ground as they reach the outskirts of Ponyville.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Catpone Cerberus

A long smile spreads eerily lengthwise across Widdershins's elongated face, friendly but disconcerting in its near-crocodilian stretch of exaggerated expression.

Oh, I dunno about favorite! Hard for me to figure what counts as "animal." But I do love something functionally fun! Like a Tentacle, Kitty!

An' whattaya worried about, Kitty? Thought cats loved something to be curious about!

Widdershins purses what counts for his lips in his attempt at a scrunchface as he wiggles his bigger tail like a big fish, some few feet away behind the catpony and the accompanying housecat he's ogling at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, someways (and possibly somewhen else!) with @Dji & @Blitz Boom :

Some few yards away from a cliffside jutting out of sight in a few minutes walk away from where Last Stand & Twilight Sparkle venture into the forest, there is a dense, mostly impenetrable & unremarkable line of shrubbery between two old growth, immense trees of equal unremarkability. The hedge of unkempt bramble bushes are much higher than most ponies would dare to wade into, even if they could muster up a strong enough leap to engulf themselves fully headfirst in the effort it would take to do aforesaid wading. Though there would be not much call to do so anyway, except for what did spring up between the two trees on either side who's tops blotted out most of the sky part from the single beam of  a rather unnecessarily dramatic ray of sunlight filtering down from above.

For basking in that sole ray of glittering sunlight... as if lit up for some quest's objective, stands a gargantuan magenta flower of clearly magical origin! 

Your primary textbook on flower determination (which would happen to be the actual title to almost every book it was labeled in. Scholars tend to care more for accuracy in detail, rather than creative titles.) would surely denote this as your usual Tatzelwurm flower. With a few noticeable mutations.

For one, what counted as its purplish green stem that jutted out unwaveringly still from the thick brush came close more so to an actual trunk. Thick enough around to surely take the better part of a day's worth of axework to chop down. From that stood the thick, fleshy, three petals of attractive, vibrant magenta arranged evenly in a circle that matched its picture in books. Tightly closed into its massive bud easily twice as big as the torso of most anypony alive, it stands soaking in sunlight that would be better suited for a plant one fifth its size.

But more odd was one small, easily missed detail. One that only experts devoted fully in talent & life's work in the field of plant identification would notice after hours of scrutiny to be a telltale sign of alarm. A small, black bead towards the base of each of the three "petals" that lie just past the curvature of the immense, pony-sized bud.

For most flowers tend to NOT HAVE EYES.

@Blitz Boom

{BETSY VIOLET}

Betsy was confused. Suddenly, it seemed, everypony was telling her to stop working. With a confused shrug, she left the kitchen wordlessly. She only spoke when she was outside of the kitchen. "Thank you. Although, sir. You're the owner. I do question the no extra bits policy." She gives Straw an asking look.

{MATRIX TWANG}

Matrix gave Straw a smile. "Oh, it's fine. I don't care a whole lot. Here's your bits." She gives Straw three counterfeit bits. She was skilled in forgery, which was how she had gotten the spa's ownership transferred to her. Thus, it was definitely difficult to notice the difference. "May I take it to go? I am in a bit of a hurry. I need to go see my girl, Storm Button!" 

Just visible in her mane was a small bottle, which fell out. She hastily picked it up. "Sorry! I put sugar in my food for medical reasons. I'll put some in my stew when I'm home."

[STORM BUTTON}

Storm accepted the cloth, holding it to her head, rubbing it around to wash the wounded area. It now bled more due to the blunt trauma she gave herself. She wasn't surprised Stare had figured it out easily. "You're right, Stare. It has to do with my emotions...a different weather pattern for each emotion that affects roughly a third of Ponyville. So when I'm in pain like earlier, a hurricane spawns very close to me."

She ponders the rest of what Stare said. "Let's see. My wallet contents. So my ID, money...yeah." She thought on the subject for a moment. "Can I meet this pony who can help beforehand?" as she poses the question, she rummages around a bit more to see if any other items are absent.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't say anything and just did as Spicy asked, taking one of the boxes and putting it on Spicy's back, they weren't too heavy, but Ruby knew that since Marley usually did the heavy lifting, Spicy probably wasn't the strongest pony out there. She then took two boxes herself and started making her way out, she could have carried more when it came to the weight, but it was hard enough to carry two of them and her own box without dropping the gold, so she decided to make it easier to herself since they were not in a hurry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't worry, I'm not here to hunt." Nada assured calmly, hoping that her calmness would help keeping the animals calm do "We are just using the lake to help with navigation to a specific place where I used to sing to ponies before the whole hiding thing." "I want to see if it's still there or if the forest and time has destroyed it." 
---------------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
The cat paid attention to the tail first, and after careful observation it hit it few times, and if Widdershins didn't jerk it away or do something else that would scare the cat, it started playing with it. Though Cerberus didn't seem to pay any attention to the movement at first, he had indeed noticed it and was fighting the urge to do exactly what his smaller friend had done, and if it continued, he would eventually turn towards it and follow it with his glance before looking at Widdershins with a expression that looked like he was asking him a permission to attack his tail, though regardless of he got answer or not, if the tail was still moving, he would pounce at it.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Seems like the gaps in Omen’s memories are a lot bigger than expected. Not quite the leap Lin thought she’d see considering the entire experiences in the village were apparently wiped from her mind. Maybe they need a tour of the village again, see the sights and get acquainted with some of the folks who are on friendly terms with them. It’ll be good to meet the villagers who’ve opened up a little and want to meet someone they can personally extend their thanks to. Frankly, there are several of them in the village who knew Sen and Lin’s parents who can offer more than platitudes, same ones who can do likewise for the Ki’Nathar. The place needs to feel more than a home, make things a little easier for Omen to navigate. A few friendly faces ought to smoothen that out. Maybe some other time as they still have a few things to attend to in the short term.

“I think the word is boiling. That feeling is you boiling with anger. Elder Solasan… we brought him before Mother and she sent him away to a place where he won’t come after us anymore. You found a cave with an orb that gave him wide knowledge of magic, the kind that he used on the village, on me and Sen, to go after you.”

There was a pause between each sentence. Lin’s anger was growing with each word as she was speaking slower and slower until she finished. Those memories stirred in her mind, remembering everything she was forced to do to hurt Omen and Mother. Sen hated remembering those as much as she did, reeling in from one tragedy only to be made complicit in another. It is fortunate it didn’t spread beyond the village; who knows how that could have escalated if that threat was ever let loose. The longma calmed herself down for a moment before continuing in a more collected tone.

“When we brought Solasan to Mother, Elder Ghilan was with us. He helped us stop the former elder. He said he talked with Mother, told me she wanted him to be better than Solasan. Now he’s doing what he can to live up to her words. If you’re still unsure, we could always ask Mother.”

This was a lot to process even if it is about as concise as Lin could get it. Omen would need time to take this all in and she would give her their downtime to go over the information she provided. There is time to go for the supplies a little later and if Omen needed more time, there is always the evenings. Might have to postpone the next language lesson in the meantime.

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

The yellow one let the hamster go, letting him be a hamster.

"What is a ruffian?"

"I have no idea."

"Does it involve ruffians?"

Pringle didn't know what to think about the hamster. Lucid was suddenly standing by a water cooler with a business suit and tie.

@Lucid_Nightlight

Reginald fluttered up into the air soon as he were let go off, and corrected his suit.

He's basically saying you're an uncultured brute..

"Hehe, fits like a glove."

"Pardon?"

"Weird voice that tries to tell us what to do, speaks fun stuff."

"...It seems best that I do not ask. Now then, follow me please."

Both him and Anomaly went past Lucid, not giving him much of a response on his attire, although Reginald did regard him briefly with a scrutinizing look, whilst Anomaly appeared about ready to laugh. It were hard to get respect around this place, truly.

=============================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Wisp had wandered over as quickly as she could once the mare had snatched Rising away and taken him into her embrace. She may be an ally of his, but with what she had just done before that... At best one could think of her as crazy, and at worst, as if she were another invader who had come to shroud them in darkness. Literally in this case.

She tried to think the best, and perhaps this mare were just somewhat crazy and theatrical. Self centered. Egoistical. Full of herself, just uhm... Things in that manner, yet she might not be a danger to them.

Unfortunately, that still didn't make things right. The locals were spooked at the start once the darkness had fallen over them, and as the light focusing on the mare had gone on, and her boastful words started, there had been cries of *Save us great one!*, *What torment awaits us now?* and *High Priestess, what should we do?* all mixed together from varied ponies. Things softened a little as the words she spoke did reach the point where she mentioned that the detective were hers though, and as the darkness dispersed, and they saw him being embraced by her without him struggling, it eased the tensions some. At least among those who weren't in too high spirits from the drinks and festive vibe beforehoof to have more or less just ignored it and kept drinking, feeling instinctively safe, since both their savior and the high priestess were here to protect them.

Still, they did not approach this outsider for now, waiting to see what would happen, and letting their savior deal with her for the time being. It seemed the safest option until they knew differently. In case Minty appeared to be a threat to him or them though, pitchforks, sickles, and such were never far from hoof in this town, both for work and in case something came shambling into town that wasn't supposed to go here.

"This is... The one who sent you, Dusk?"

"𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕒𝕜𝕖, 𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕤. 𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕖, 𝕞𝕪 𝕡𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕤."

Thistle had landed on the dirt and walked over to them, looking none too thrilled with this... Boastful mare that had just sent a scare through the town with her little tricks.

"High Priestess, I besiege you to please forgive her. Equestria's ways of life are different then ours. She wouldn't know the effect of her actions."

Wisp would try to speak on behalf of the mare before she accidentally opened her muzzle and spouted something foolish towards Thistle, like a challenge. It might be that Viz'nay's might were still weakened, but the mare did not think it wise to try and get her herald aggravated regardless of that. It were unlikely to go well. no matter who would win a potential confrontation.

As for Thistle, she acknowledged the sentiment, and after a few seconds of giving Wisp a hard, scrutinizing look, she nodded slightly and refocused her attention fully on Minty again, though she had kept most of her focus on this outsider during that regardless, in case she were to try something. She did not trust this over-sized pale mare enough to not think that, regardless of who Minty knew. It weren't as if she had earned anything resembling trust from Harrowmark, like Dusk had.

"𝕀𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕚𝕥."

"Y-Yes high priestess.

Outsider- I mean, Captain Minty, yes? My name is Will-O Wisp, and this is the High Priestess Thistle. What she wants you to understand is that here in Harrowmark, the darkness of Twisted have just been lifted by our great savior, who also returned the light of the goddess to us. Blocking out the sun and the light of the pyres, makes many worried that you were trying to be the next one to do what he once did, and the high priestess doesn't want that to happen again. Please understand, things are still a little tense here."

Wisp did what she could to seem friendly and open-minded towards this mare, but a nervous fear over what the response from Minty might be were certainly present, because this could still escalate. Rising would know how much, considering the ancient magic of the goddess were clinging to Thistle, as she had harnessed it, ready to make use of this ghostly light. Mainly from before when she had to stand ready to protect the townsfolk as the darkness had settled, though she did not let go, as she were still unsure of whatever or not she were to eventually make use of it to protect her country members. Potentially through fighting this theatrical outsider.

=====================================================================================================

@Moonlit

Ziggy and Fah'lina had the same response to seeing the mare rushing out and screaming about space sharks: More or less falling down laughing.

The zegasus hit the ground with her hooves in front of her muzzle to try and stop the laughter from escaping, but it weren't keeping it all back. A good lot of giggling managed to slide its way out between,and as for Fah'lina... Well, her laughter weren't as loud, seeing as she weren't that big, but the way she stumbled down as she were laughing her head off spoke of far more enjoyment and with no shame over what she had just done. She had to grab the nearest thing she could with her tail not to fall down to the ground, since one of her paws were on her stomach, and the others were batting at the nearest surface, like if somepony were hammering on a table laughing.

"Sorry, sorry, i-it just looked real funny. Space shark lady is just... Mwehehe."

They'd follow if Harmony went inside, but there were still giggles on both sides that had to get out of their system from seeing the crazed mare before. This were gonna be a somewhat chaotic visit from the looks of things.

===================================================================================================

@Sweet Scoop

On 7/6/2019 at 6:25 PM, Sweet Scoop said:

"Oh, it's fine. I don't care a whole lot. Here's your bits." She gives Straw three counterfeit bits. She was skilled in forgery, which was how she had gotten the spa's ownership transferred to her. Thus, it was definitely difficult to notice the difference. "May I take it to go? I am in a bit of a hurry. I need to go see my girl, Storm Button!" 

Just visible in her mane was a small bottle, which fell out. She hastily picked it up. "Sorry! I put sugar in my food for medical reasons. I'll put some in my stew when I'm home."

"Ah yes, our delivery mare from the bakery. How nice to meet an acquaintance of hers."

Straw didn't know much about forgeries, so he took the bits and put them into the register all the same, before bowing down behind the register and retrieving a thick foam bowl with a lid, a plastic spoon, and a small bag. All of the items were biodegradable, as per the law of Equestria. Couldn't have plastic and stuff sit around and pollute the area for years to come after all, right? So these either started to dissolve a week after use, or could be safely burned. in this area, the trash collector mostly burned them. It were easier in the long run.

"A few of my employees helped her home before, you will properly find her there instead of at the bakery right now. Please, give her my best, and be careful not losing your flask again. There are a lot of placed in Ponyville where it could roll under and be hard to retrieve."

Straw handed her the small bag with a smile on his face, before turning towards Betsy, who did need to be addressed too, however, he had a customer to deal with first. Had to run that sort of priority on answering questions or making sure the line got moving in this line of work if he wanted to stay in business, which he hoped that she would understand.

"As for your question, it's for my own employees best to have that rule set up. Most of my workers throughout the years are some who have fallen on hard times, those social or mental issues, or others who have been through the criminal system, and have trouble finding work after their rehabilitation. I open my doors to give the downtrodden a chance, and after a former employee who were struggling with gambling issues came through, I had to institute the rule as a safety for them. I could have lifted it after, but same rules applies for them all, and it seems better to keep it in place."

He were never going to reveal who were what, as for example it wouldn't be fair to rat out Alonsus, who had done extremely well in his rehabilitation program, and didn't want to be hit over the head with a past he felt constant remorse for. This were a place for folks who wanted to have a fresh chance at things, and though not all succeeded, Straw took pride in keeping it open to the unfortunate who still had bills to pay after all. Why, just a few years ago, he had even been officially commended by the official rehabilitation program of Equestria for his efforts, and started getting government funding to expand so that he could have more unfortunate souls working for him. It reinforced his belief in what he did were right, and honestly, it were rather humbling too to be summoned to Canterlot and stand there alongside others who worked as hard to reintroduce especially criminals and changelings to society, given praise by the sitting generals.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:25 PM, Sweet Scoop said:

"Let's see. My wallet contents. So my ID, money...yeah." She thought on the subject for a moment. "Can I meet this pony who can help beforehand?"

"She should be in my home right now, so... Yes?"

Stare did not invite many - or well, anypony at all to be honest - to her home, but the pony in question were a special case that were actually likely waiting for her right now, as her shift were supposed to end in about fifteen minutes. Straw would surely understand if she were focused on helping their delivery mare from the bakery as the last parts of her shift, until she had to come in later tonight. She just had to stay there a bit longer, or show up a little beforehoof, so that she could make up for the lost time. Long as she were there during closing hours at least. The kitchen got the most busy during the evening, and Chop relied on her to make sure that food got out and around. With the rebuilding being seemingly done in Ponyville, she could imagine that after the workers in town had cleared up the remaining debris and checked up on their work just to make sure, there were going to be a whole lot of hungry mouths looking for any place in town where they could get something to eat. Among them, dragons, griffons and minotaurs, and since this place had the highest ceiling of the diners in town, they were prime candidates for the dragons and minotaurs for certain. It also helped that Chop had no issues preparing and cooking meat, which were a big plus to some of those creatures out there.

"We can go and see her when you want, but we should make sure your wound have stopped bleeding first. Do you perhaps have some bandages?"

====================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 7/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I think the word is boiling. That feeling is you boiling with anger. Elder Solasan… we brought him before Mother and she sent him away to a place where he won’t come after us anymore. You found a cave with an orb that gave him wide knowledge of magic, the kind that he used on the village, on me and Sen, to go after you.”

"So that is anger?"

Of what she were told, this were the most important part for Omen if she were to be honest. Being reminded of events that had seemingly vanished from her own memory were good, and important to be aware of, but the concept of anger, and hatred, were one she had struggled with for millennia.

Discord had tried to explain to her what it were like, but couldn't do it unless he made her feel anger, and none of what he did made her feel anything resembling this boiling sensation. Even when he pretended to hurt a copy of Mother, Omen just watched on, as she knew it wasn't real and were curious about what he were doing more than be disgusted by the actions themselves. He had been her master after all, and she were supposed to learn from him, yet this negative emotion were something which had proven to be either impossible for him to teach, or he had simply given up before he ended up doing something that might break his shiny new servant.

During the years after Omen had been told to return to Equestria, she had heard others talk of rage, anger, and the like, yet she didn't understand what it were. The only grasp of it she had were that those who had a lot of it were rude to others, and would try to hit them, but if it had been that simple, how come Discord had not been able to teach it to her?  It hadn't seemed simple, and even now, thinking on it in context, she couldn't match it with such simple ideas. She didn't feel like punching anypony, including Solasan, nor yell. Yet apparently, she were still angry, and that is where this wrong feeling came from. Knowing this were going to be of help to her in the times ahead for varied reasons, with one being that now she would know that if this feeling started, it meant that whoever evoked it were not somepony she should blindly follow the word of, like her naive self tended to do. Lin may well have saved Omen from a few future traps alone, as well as expand her understanding of the only thing as complex as magic in her mind. That being emotions.

"I do not like it. Feels wrong."

Something were wrong with how Lin were talking too. She seemed to pause, and her face looked strange. Were this also anger? Salosan were bad, so... Yes? If she hated him, Lin properly did too, so it made sense. Perhaps she would ask later.

On 7/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“When we brought Solasan to Mother, Elder Ghilan was with us. He helped us stop the former elder. He said he talked with Mother, told me she wanted him to be better than Solasan. Now he’s doing what he can to live up to her words. If you’re still unsure, we could always ask Mother.”

"Many things you talk about, Lin. I remember an orb. Mother sending one to the bad place. No village. No elder who is not old. Not Mother speaking with not old longma. Also nothing used on you or Sen. I see why Mother sent him to the bad place now. You are family. Mother does not like those who hurts us.

If Mother trust Ghilan, he is a good longma. Yes? He is not going to hurt you? Can ask Mother, but you always tells the truth sister. I trust you too."

Helping, giving her a home, calling her a friend... Lin had really done everything and beyond to make Omen feel welcome and loved, and as far as the Ki'Nathar cared, Lin - and Sen of course - were about as trustworthy as Mother herself. If they told her something, she regarded that as truth, and wouldn't question if they were trying to lie to her. If they said that this whole situation had occurred, it had, and Omen would have to try and make it fit with the scattered images she had, and just remember what she had just been told now. Whatever connection she had with Ghilan though, would have to be relearned, but if Mother, Sen and Lin trusted him, he had to be good, yes? And good beings needed help. Perhaps she could help him sometimes.

"Also, quiet in home. Very. Mother is not talking I think. Helping new siblings meet old ones perhaps? All go to see them."

=============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Urgh, times like this, Spicy sure missed the oaf of a griffon. At least they didn't have to split these profits with him, since he hadn't been part of it, so there was something there at least. Still, this wasn't exactly gonna do wonders for her back.

Getting the first batch out of the place, the pegasus stumbled a little getting the chest down since she still couldn't see anything, but it got down without much of a hitch. Didn't even fall down and just open up or nothing. Not bad for somepony in this situation she'd say.

"Alright, let's get the rest of 'em, and then figure out what sorta gain we're talking here. Some chests are all nice and fine after all, but what're life without some jingling coin, eh?"

Spicy had tracked her path up again to be able to wander down herself now, though slowly, as to avoid missing a step. She sure didn't want to fall down the stairs. No way were she gonna leave all the dough to Ruby that easily.

@Catpone Cerberus

The varied critters were still on high alarm and stayed far away from Nada, but some of the larger creatures would look towards the dryad and her calmness, and utter some growls, chirps, and such, seemingly wanting to hear what she thought on this.

"Yes, I believe you can trust her word on this. Though, it sounds as if they are looking for something within the forest, which will lead them far from here regardless. Please, let me accompany you, and help you find this place. My friends here can finish the task at hand without me."

The wolf barked a few times, stepped forward and placed itself next to her, whilst a mean looking hawk landed on his head and gave a small shriek to accompany the four legged furball's statement. They didn't seem intent on leaving the dryad alone with these two.

"I understand, but please, behave yourselves.

Now this place you talk about, wh-"

"Uuuuh... What's going on here, and who are ya?"

Lyriel shook her head and chuckled slightly. Yes, she should perhaps address this quickly and get it over with.

"I brought some of the animals of the forest to help return life to this lake. As for whom I am, we have met before, though then I wandered on two legs and apparently gave you a slight scare. I'm sorry for that too, but I needed to stretch my roots and the timing ended up being a little unfortunate."

Berry looked back, somewhat baffled, until a grimace went across her face.

"The tree lady."

"Yes, though my kind are called dryads. Now please, let us walk together in peace, and let me hear a little more about what you seek. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me, Nada? I have wandered though much of the forest, and may have seen it, if I could be told a few details."

@Blitz Boom Harmony rolls her eyes, Serenade is on the ground as well. "Serenade, go and untangle your father from his intern." She looks at pair, "Come on, you two loons, dinner should be about ready." As soon as the pair step inside, the smells are almost overwhelming. Coming from the kitchen is the smell of fresh bread, veggies, and ...hayburgers. From the basement, probably only Fah'lina would pick it up, depending on how good Ziggy's nose is, the smell of oiled steel, worn leather and a few other smells.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom  

Continued from page 350

Tock stared at Scarcity for a moment as if entranced while she approached, but quickly came to his senses before she got close enough to notice.  This almost made Penny laugh, but she did well to keep her composure, even if Tock couldn’t.  “Thank you,” he said to Scarcity for her compliments.  “I’m always looking to add new skills to my repertoire.  I’ve been told I have an eye for the intricate,” he said with his eyes following along the swirling patterns of yellow in Scarcity’s coat then making their way up to meet hers as if trying to tell her she’s beautiful without using the words, “so I figured I would try my hoof at making a charger box.”  “Ooh, I’ve heard of those before.  They’re meant to strengthen old enchantments on smaller artifacts, right?  I suppose that would make sense if you wanted to get into restoring magical items as well as the usual antiques.”  Penny sounded excited to talk magic.  It was the one part of her life her parents couldn’t take part in, being Earth Ponies, so now even after having been in Canterlot schools and living in a place full of Unicorns for so long, the excitement of learning the things her parents couldn’t teach her was still there.  “Simpler ones can be used to recharge some watch batteries as well, but ultimately the goal is to work my way up to enchanted items.  There seems to be a market for them here, but not enough ponies that can do a proper restoration on them.  I actually have a shipment of Everwood coming today for it.”  “I could probably use some of the sap in my cooking if you wouldn’t mind extracting some for me.”  “Well, you need special permits to work with Everwood, but I’m not sure if that also applies to the sap.  I might not be legally allowed to give any to you without one.”  The Everwood sap could be a great help to the griffon chocolate project, so Penny was willing to take any course she needed to get that permit.

(Marcus is still behind on page 349, Gaea is on page 351, and Charlie is on page 350)

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"Running, in and out of the cave, and laughing. She sounds happy," Karmic said in a revered tone, barely even acknowledging Enzo stopping her other than turning on the spot and walking into the cave after her vision. Her voice then echoed around the cave wall when she entered it. "She ... she looks happy. Very happy."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Yes! Now I can fly around without restriction!" Aurora whooped and did just that, flying into the air above Happy and performed a couple of loop-de-loops. She landed back near the cart and shook her head before laughing giddily. "Now ... Now we have to find Thorax," she managed to add through her mirth.

@Blitz Boom, @Widdershins

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"That certainly isn't suspicious," Twilight muttered, nodding to Last as an acknowledgement to what she said. She pointed with a wing towards the giant purple flower in the sunlight. "I vaguely recall my last Tatzlwurm encounter with a similar flower. Think this is one, Last? Cherish?"

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"And why should I? So you can share my pain? Huh? Is that it!?" Dawn yelled in a heightened state, completely unfocused, and was doing her best to not fall off at the same time. It took her a few moments but she recognised where they were. She took in a few breaths and was meek in directing him towards her home.

@Blitz Boom

“Thank you. I… I’ll try my best to always be straightforward with you.”

Lin paused at that moment, then turned to face the entryway into her parents’ room. It wasn’t much to look at but something resonated within her. Their home was abandoned for so long it was a testament to the consequences of order to the point of fault. That room even more so as grief was the last thing that took the only remaining occupant away, snuffing out any semblance of hope. Eventually, time would eat away at the rest. That first night she spent in this very room after twelve years gone, it was a reminder that only memories would ever make this place feel alive again and even she couldn’t afford that. She envied Sen despite the nightmares; at least he could still see and be reminded of what father and mother looked and sounded like. 

The sound of anger slowly left her, Omen’s word reminded her why she always tries. Perhaps now there is a little spark of hope that this home needed, or at the very least the drive to start letting go of what was and look forward to the things that can be. Lin looked back at Omen with a smile, wiping away a single tear brought about by joy.

“It’s the least Sen and I will do, make the best of what we have and help you out every way we can. And don’t worry about the other villagers. A few have come around and will assist you with what you need in case Sen and I can’t provide it.”

The longma rummaged through her saddle bag and took out the strands of Omen’s mane, the same ones she pulled off back when they were camping just before heading to the temple. Lin didn’t really get an answer to what Omen wanted to do with them but she wasn’t going to prod.

“For example, the strands of hair from your mane. Not sure what you wanted to do when you pulled them off but someone in the village could help you come up with something. I can show you where or we could just go out and grab our supplies. It’s your choice.”

@Blitz Boom

{BETSY VIOLET}

Betsy simply does a curtsy, preferring to think on the information, and takes her leave. "Thank you for the service!" She adds a small smile to her sentence as she exits the building, walking calmly and efficiently towards her place of work and living place - the mansion she'd worked at for plenty of her life. She was sure she hadn't neglected anything.

{MATRIX TWANG}

She nods, smiling as she accepts the flask. "Thank you, sir!" She turned her back to the others, which was when she poured a bit of the powder into the stew. As she exited the building, she swished it about to dissolve the powder into the liquid.

Her intentions were not so innocent as they might have seemed.

Like previous occasions, she barges into Button's house. She joyously yells, "Hey! Got you some stew! I know you didn't ask, but...take it anyways!" She smiles, thrusting it into Storm's grip. 

{STORM BUTTON}

Storm smiles. "Thank you. Stare, meet Matrix Twang, a good friend of mine." She takes a long glug of the soup, watching the two meet one another. While she does, something feels...wrong inside. "now. UH..Stare...bandages are in the bathroom under the sink."

Something, she doesn't know what, causes her to gag violently for naught five seconds before going unconscious, spilling the stew to the ground.

{MATRIX}

Matrix realizes her dilemma. Stare is present which interrupts her plan. She decides to stop playing nice. She just stares, smiling at Storm, who isn't dead but immobile. "So. Your name's Stare...eh?" Her expression is still smiling, but almost...sinister. She doesn't directly admit to her actions...yet.

@Blitz Boom

Minty stood back up and reached down to pat her detective on the head with a smile.  With the closing of the case, her fears that he was being held captive by the dark wizard she sent him after melted away.  Although that didn't explain the strange backwards town she came to found him in.  Other than the side effects of the power pill, he seemed in good enough health and was able to see that Rising Dusk could approach her unhindered.  It was at this point though that she could look past the midnight blue unicorn to see the effects of her entrance.  The residents of Harrowmark only had half the reaction she was use to seeing.  They were terrified, expect for the pale ghostly looking one that seemed more upset.  Now that reaction she was a little more use to.  "Too much?" she whispered to Rising Dusk through clenched teeth while trying to smile at the scared ponies of the dark land.  To be fair, she appeared trying to catch the attention of the dark wizard likely holding her detective hostage.  The beacon he sent out didn't exactly inform her the condition he was in.  And well, attention she got. 

"Maybe a little bit more room reading," he advised before Wisp came in to address The Captain and speak of the error in her introduction.  The confirmation of her worry made her drop her forced embarrassed smile.  It was so much easier to get away with these kinds of things in Equestria, especially Manehatten.  "I'm sorry.  I'm sorry!" she expressed to Thistle and Wisp.  Her horn ignited with a glow and she pranced in place with worry, addressing the whole town with her amplified voice, "I APOLOGIES!  I'M SORRY!  MY BAD!"  Fences not so easily mended, but not trying was worse.  Rising Dusk put up a hoof to signal her to stop, which she promptly did and stood still again.  "Sorry..." she whispered.  Sometimes it was like foalsitting he internally sighed.  Tussle was the true hero of the O.M.I. to keep their captain reined in, but they still all loved her, quirks included.

Regaining her composer, she cleared her throat.  "A pleasure to meet you both.  And please darling, only my agents call me Captain... Call me Minty," she smiled and offered the small mare her hoof.  "Please accept my gratitude for taking care of my darling detective.  If there is anyway I can repay you all, I'll do what I can," she informed the pair, her tone taking on a more serious tune as she slipped more into her role more fittingly.  "It appears both our lands benefited from the fall of this dark wizard Twisted.  His assault on Manehatten from so far a distance raised troubling concerns."

@Blitz Boom

Since there was only total of five chests, it would take only one return and both of them had only one box to carry.

Ruby just hummed in agreement to Spicy's comment, and only reason she made any sound was because Spicy couldn't see her nodding. She waited her to get down and put the last box on her back before leaving again with her own box, and right after dropping it, she got the shovel and started breaking the rusted-through locks, not opening any of the boxes yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There's not too many details to share." Nada said "It was a rock formation surrounding a pond with a opening allowing one to see and go to the pond, somewhere in that direction if I remember right." she pointed to a direction "Any other recognizable thing would be the chairs facing towards said bond, but I really doubt they are still there after this long." she stayed calm the whole time, making her best to not worry the two creatures who would come with them.

(the pond thing is something like this but the rock formations being lot bigger (more like cliffs))

(edited)

@Moonlit

Both Ziggy and Fah'lina would enter the home and sniff the air, soaking in the delicious aroma that wafted through the air. It made Ziggy realize how long ago it actually were since she had last eaten, and with her metabolism, she tended to need to get something in her tummy rather often. 

"Smells really nice in here."

She'd get a confirmation squeak from Fah'lina on this, although the mimic were able to pick up on a few extra things that the zegasus's naturally limited sense of smell couldn't pick up on. Steel, oil, and leather had a distinctive smell that were pretty subtle compared to the other smells, but the mimic were a predator, with the senses befitting of one, so it didn't get past her. She didn't care about it in the slightest though, and kept focus on the good smells, like the fresh made bread. She liked gnawing on the crusts more than the actual bread itself when it came to this, depending on if there were anything on it. Usually she could be enticed if there were something like honey that overruled the taste of the bread itself, depending on her mood, and if there were other options.

=====================================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Scarcity were not a mare who considered herself among the most narcissistic ponies in this town. The nobles were far more suitable to a claim such as that, and barring a few stand out exceptions, their stuck up and pompous ways made her secretly find most of them to be insufferable, despite her on the outside doing what she could to stay on good terms with them. It were just bad business otherwise, considering the prices of what she tended to hold in her store, and there were something to be said for having some favors to call in, should the situation arise.

That being said, much like them, she did have a sense of vanity and adored the right kind of attention, and this stallion's gaze were hardly leaving her when they were near him. Some may find this kind of ogling to be creepy - to a certain degree - yet she considered it to be rather endearing in its own way, and a refreshing change of pace. Mostly when she were given full attention, it were because she were making a deal, showing her superiority towards others, or other things which hardly harbored more positive emotions than relief and potential gratitude. Adoration and an almost transfixed gaze were quite honestly a rarity, and she would lie if she were to say that she did not find Tock's poorly hidden thoughts to be welcome.

Of course, she could use this against him, and wrap him around her hoof to be used as a simple play thing, but he had done nothing but honest, promising work, and a desire towards Scarcity that whilst poorly hidden, were not forced upon her in any sort of way. She saw no reason to use him in a negative way such as that, though she would certainly be thinking of him, and how to approach him at a later date.

Of course, she would also gather some backstory and medical records, just to be on the safe side, but one could never be too careful when it came to approaching somepony who may have a more permanent placement in ones life than others had, hmm?

As Tock's eyes went to meet her own, Scarcity would not turn her own gaze away from him, where she did allow herself to show some adoration towards this quirky, yet delightful stallion herself. A rare sight, as she usually tried to keep the same neutral face towards most she dealt with, as to not show what her intentions or thoughts were.

"I'm certain that such a driven and focused stallion as you, would be more than capable of creating such a device, Mr. Tock. Though perhaps if you wish for a little assistance, I could ask around some beings I know, and hear them if they have some expertise to lend? It would be my pleasure to do what I can to aid you."

Her gaze lingered on him for a little more, wherein she never blinked, but kept her sight fully on his eyes, before slowly turning towards Penny.

"As for the Everwood, if it holds properties akin to a few others specialized kinds of wood, such as Geyser Willow, I would assume they too would need a permit for whatever part of it you wish to work with. Perhaps once we are done with our current endeavor, I can put you in contact with somepony whom I know that deals with permits, and put in a good word for your competence? I'm sure you would adore him. He's a delightfully quirky little thing."

@Dji

"Perhaps more than dragons once inhabited these islands..."

Karmic having visions of Atzy roaming this place, seemingly not as forced labor - as he couldn't imagine her being happy in that situation - were a strange turn of events that he weren't sure what meant yet. Perhaps she were planting memories or visions within Karmic's mind to try and garner sympathy, or distract the mare enough to take over the body for a time. Though there were of course the option that this were actual visions of her past, before she had ended up as a kind of invasive goo, which prompted several questions. Not only on how this were, as far as the sphinx were aware, these were dragon territories, but also how she had ended up in the state that she then had.

A paranoid thought entered her mind about how the two things were connected, including some unknown magical means, and an invading force of flying, scaled creatures wanting dominion over the other small islands near where their eldest had once gone to find their final rest. He would not speak of this thought yet, but it were certainly roaming his head for now, and would stay there as this evolved further in the strange direction that things had taken.

And speaking of directions, he would mostly follow Karmic now, and see where her visions would take her, only interfering to ensure she remained safe, but otherwise simply holding aloft the torch to light her path. It seemed more prudent to see where this would go for now, and then see if they found the diamonds later on.

============================================================================================

@Dji

"We still have some way to go, but you're darn straight, we're gonna go see him and get this sorted."

Happy really wanted to join her in flying around, when seeing how fun Aurora had it, but he had a cart to drag right now sadly, which didn't fly around well.

Looking at her go, he remembered the first time he had flown. Not the first time he had tried, which also stung in his memory, as that had been one in a long line of falling and finding out what pain felt like in an entirely new set of appendages. No, the first time he had actually flown for real, and felt the wing flow through his feathers. An indescribable feeling of being complete somehow, and where he were meant to be, rather than chained to the ground.

It had been something that made it hard to accept his disguise being an earth pony, rather than a pegasus, but he were supposed to blend, fit with the role, and not seem too remarkable, and earth ponies just fit the whole scheme better than a pegasus. He still had enjoyed taking flight whenever he had the chance though, and really, he had to try out his new, membranous wings eventually. It were gonna be a strange one, he were sure of it.

"Come on, let's save some time and have us a bit of a race. First one to use magic's a rotten cheater."

With that, Happy would run of as fast as he could with the cart in tow. He could get some pretty good speed going regardless honestly, though he knew he were gonna lose to Aurora. Flying beat walking any day, but that didn't mean they couldn't have a bit of fun.

===========================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Last looked towards the flower with a tentative look going over her open eye. It were certainly a remarkable sight, and the light made it look more dramatically than a piece of nature had any right being. It honestly seemed almost setup, like a photo shoot or trophy kill, and how she had not seen this before the princess actually surprised her a bit now that she thought on it. It weren't exactly well hidden, even if it were in a relatively unremarkable place near the cliff.

"Looks similar, though something's off. Can't put my hoof on it though."

When it came to these creatures, she'd honestly rather set a forty foot pole on them, rather than an extremity that could be chomped down on, yet the metaphorical expression were more meant to just highlight that this one seemed odd somehow.

She had only met these creatures very scarcely before, so she weren't sure what it were, there were just... Something about this that didn't seem right. Like they were looking at some sort of altered version instead of the ones growing on the humongous, worm-like creatures she had run upon to begin with.

Times like these she really missed having Hedge Trimmer here. Sure he had been of little worth in the fights they had at the shrine, but the exile that had stumbled across their shrine as he fled from the manetids, had been a great botanist, and could have helped them spot whatever were wrong with this picture in no time. Sadly he had met his fate a few weeks before Princess Luna returned to them. A victim of some of the plants he tried to cultivate to work as an extra line of defense for the shrine. A nice idea, yet seeing how it had ended, their leader had ordered them all to burn down the plants and if something tried to grow later on, to destroy it on sight before it reached maturity. Perhaps if he had stuck to just helping the infirmary, he would have still been alive and reachable for consultation on this sort of thing. Guess they had to try things on their own.

"It looks fine enough... Are you sure it isn't just a plant?"

Cherish were more curious and were floating closer to the flower, wanting to see it in more details. It were a rather pretty one in her eyes, though there were some strange, dark spots lower on its stem. Looked almost like a pearl of some kind, or a somewhat shiny fungus?

She'd reach the end of her bonds about a meter away from it and leaned down to look directly at the middle bead, trying to figure out what it were. It didn't look like a fungus of any kind she knew off, nor a beetle that were standing there for some reason. Honestly, if she didn't know better, she could've sworn that this almost looked like some kind of eye...

==============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 7/9/2019 at 4:20 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Thank you. I… I’ll try my best to always be straightforward with you.”

There were no doubt in Omen's mind that Lin meant what she said, though her actions after that certainly made the Ki'nathar tilt her head a little in confusion. She weren't aware of the significance of the room, which hampered her understanding of why Lin gazed towards it after giving her reply. To Omen, it just seemed like Lin for no apparent reason wanted to look at a random room. A desire which she had participated in several times before, whilst waiting for something to happen.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:20 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“For example, the strands of hair from your mane. Not sure what you wanted to do when you pulled them off but someone in the village could help you come up with something. I can show you where or we could just go out and grab our supplies. It’s your choice.”

"...String?"

Omen were somewhat sure that these had been meant to be used for something, and string made sense in her mind. It were strange hair, that even now wriggled a little as if still alive on the top of her head. Seemed to be enough to make some string from that could be around Lin's or Sen's neck then, as some sort of necklace or something, Yet omen were drawing a blank on why exactly this had happened. Perhaps it were something with the scale that she wore around her neck, which had come from Lin? Like, she had thought that if Lin gave part of herself away, Omen should do so as well? That made sense in a way.

"Part of you, for part of me? Reason somewhere, but I do not know where. Sound like they are yours though. So you decide what to do. With them. With us. I will follow, and try to learn again."

Taking decisions weren't something Omen were all that good at doing, as she were still more of a servant than anything else, and as such, she'd rather if Lin made the decision on what they should do now and then just follow troop on that. It seemed too complicated to chose between going into the town and trying to form new memories of a place she had apparently forgotten, whilst searching for use of these strands of hair, or be on their way back to get their things and transport them to this place.

She had some desire to go and learn from this town though. It sounded important, and Elder Ghilan for one appeared to really want her to remember. If she couldn't do that, then perhaps she could figure out how things fitted in from the others, and hearing what they had to say about whatever had happened. Lin could tell her if it were true or not, and then, Omen would have at least some second-hoof memories to go with. That were something, yes?

===============================================================================================

@Sweet Scoop

Stare watched the whole scene unfold within seconds. From this strange mare going in and being oddly pushy on giving Storm some stew from her workplace, to the small introduction where she had waited until a there would be a silent moment to give a retort, and then to seeing Storm keel over and collapse after seemingly having an attack of some kind. Right after eating the stew no less.

Through it all, Stare had just stood there and watched, not doing much else than turn her head to look more on Storm than Matrix, as the bakers helper mare were collapsing on the floor. It simply happened too fast to really react, plus, Stare were not a mare who reacted with big emotions and the like. She felt concerned and wanted to do something on the inside, but from there to doing as many others would and rush over to try and help Storm, were a far way from her, and as such, she might appeared cold or indifferent to the whole situation.

And as for the new arrival, she didn't need to see the changing appearance in Matrix's face to know what were going on here, though it did help to just confirm what she had stood silently and observed were happening.

"Friends shouldn't poison eachother."

She expected that something would happen from this, and her horn began to glow a slight, pale hue as she were preparing to do what she thought had to be done. A little something which she had yet to have use for, though now it were starting to seem like the *better safe than sorry* approach that had convinced her to accept this, were truly in effect.

Before she got the chance to do anything though, the sound of the outside door opening would be heard, and a few seconds afterwards, Alonsus would stand there, smiling towards them.

"Terribly sorry to disturb, but I must ask Stare wh-at the hay?"

What sentence he had started to utter were disrupted as he saw Storm laying on the floor, and quickly wandered past Matrix to get over to her.

"She needs to go to the hospital. Can you take her?"

"Certainly! Hang in fair mare, for I, the great Alonsus, shall save you from your perils!"

With that, he'd start to scoop her up, and unless he were stopped, would rush past Matrix and gallop towards the hospital, with outbursts at random towards those in his way speaking of an urgent matter that he were let through. Matrix would have some time to respond to things before that though, yet if she didn't, she'd soon find herself with only Stare left in the building, though she would have been heading towards the door right after Alonsus, to try and use him as a sort of cover to sneak out, in case nothing happened prior to that.

==================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

The loud, awkward apology, along with another bout of theatrical ways from the outsider mare, actually managed to calm the locals down some. There were several of their protectors over at the mare who had not tried to attack, and at this point, they could resign themselves to thinking that this mare were potentially dangerous, but not to them, and were simply just... Eccentric, to put it in a kind way. Long as she were not attempting to cast darkness upon them, they could live with another one that were strange in their area. Especially on this, most glorious of days.

One of the locals - a burly diamond dog with a small vest, necklace of bones, and about a dozen deep, old scars running on his muscular upper body - even raised a mug towards the mare and gave her a deep, echoing bark of approval. It seemed he were in a festive mood at least, that were for sure, though anyway to get even the first step of approval were good. others would follow soon as that first brick had been laid.

4 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Regaining her composer, she cleared her throat.  "A pleasure to meet you both.  And please darling, only my agents call me Captain... Call me Minty," she smiled and offered the small mare her hoof.  "Please accept my gratitude for taking care of my darling detective.  If there is anyway I can repay you all, I'll do what I can," 

"We are ever grateful that you sent our great savior, Minty, and it have been a great honor to tend to him. I'll uhm... Keep your word in mind, if I ever get to Equestria."

She had nothing that she wished for at the current time, for in the future? It were hard to pass up potential help from a mare that seemed to hold both power and position like this, even if the polite thing would be to just say that they were square, or something of the sort.

Yet, in Harrowmark the beings were practical, and often traded in favors, and there were already a half dozen things Wisp could imagine that she could use this one for, were she ever to get to Equestria, including some sort of travel pass for Chirpy, so that she could have a familiar face with her. She wouldn't be able to bear it if anything were to happen to him again. Especially not in another land, where returning from beyond were likely not happening. Not without some foul magic at least, and it were kinder to let him rest, than to put his spirit through that.

Touching the outstretched hoof gently, Wisp would make a deep bow with her hoof still making contact with the captain. Shaking on things weren't really how they did things around here, so she tried to meet the mare halfway and add in her own greeting, along with this physical contact with a mare who had the softest hooves she had felt in her life. Truly a mare who took great care of herself it felt like, or just one with a naturally great coat. At least compared to here, where Wisp were about as soft as you got, which by Equestrian standards were rather rough. Not Wisp's fault there weren't a spa to find in the entire country though, nor paved roads to avoid the dirt and nearby swamp muck that were impossible to not have contact with throughout the lives of the locals.

4 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"It appears both our lands benefited from the fall of this dark wizard Twisted.  His assault on Manehatten from so far a distance raised troubling concerns."

"𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕖 𝕦𝕡𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕚𝕩 𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤. ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕖𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕤. 𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕡𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕘𝕠𝕕, 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕟𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕤𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥. ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕟 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕖𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤."

With things simmering down, Thistle too calmed, and released the magic she had been preparing to use against this outsider. She were still not too pleased with how things had gone, but she would attempt to move past it, and appraise this mare more fairly, rather than only judging on her boastful nature. For all she knew, this were perfectly reasonable behavior where she came from, though that would mark Equestria as quite the strange place in her mind.

As it seemed like there were some need for Rising to report to Minty, Thistle assumed that a brief overview of what happened from here were a fair thing to bring to the conversation. It would perhaps give some insight into how they saw the situation, rather than how this modest hero would present it himself.

"𝔸𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕'𝕤 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕦𝕥𝕖𝕤 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕒 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕕 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕝. 𝕀 𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞, 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕤𝕒𝕨 𝕒𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕙𝕚𝕞, 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕤𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡, 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕕 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕥𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕣.

𝕀 𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟, 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕒𝕤 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕟, 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕦𝕝𝕥, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕒 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖, 𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕨𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕒𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕦. 𝕀𝕥 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕕𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕤, 𝕨𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕝 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕤𝕡 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕒𝕕, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕘 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕤𝕤, 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕝𝕦𝕣𝕖."

It were a rough thing, and did not add everything, but it were the highlight in her mind. Barring one of course.

"ℍ𝕒𝕕 𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕'𝕤 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕤 𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕕, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕚𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕞𝕪 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕨𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕒𝕪. 𝕊𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝, 𝕨𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕒𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕕, 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕚𝕞.

ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕤 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕒 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕓𝕥, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕓𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝.

ℕ𝕠𝕨, 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞. 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦? 𝕀 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕒 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕗 𝕤𝕠, 𝕚𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕."

==================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hey, I love the spirited approach, but calm yerself a bit, would ya? You dunno if these are laced with some sorta trap that'll pop up once the lid gets opened."

Sure, her paranoid ideas of what could be with these had not gone through so far, but this were one anomaly in a sea of traps and tough lessons learned the hard way. Folks who buried their gold were none too happy getting robbed of it, and not trying to keep outsiders away were frankly rare. But hey, perhaps they had actually gotten a lucky break? Well not her, as she were blinded, but y'know, besides that.

================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I might have some idea where you are speaking off. I saw no chairs there, yet what else you describe are familiar to me. Please follow."

It truly weren't long from here, but it would still take them about eleven to twelve minutes of walking.

"So... How do you know about it?"

Berry tried to get some conversation going here and get a bit more of an idea what sorta mare she were dealing with here. Lyriel wasn't really mixing into The Conspiracy the way that Berry had imagined yet, and since Nada liked her, she guessed she had to try and make a connection? Rather this than the changeling at least, that were for sure.

"When first I arrived here, I scoured the forest for a safe place to mark my grove. The pond were one which I considered for a long time, yet ultimately, I decided elsewhere. I'm afraid I cannot tell either of you were that may be though. I need my safe haven."

"Everypony can use that. The world's dangerous and full of robots, brain eating amoeba, and techno music. Real important to have a place to escape all the horrors of this world sometimes."

============================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"What's a credit card, and why are you trying to score it? Name of your ex or something? Hehe."

"If you must know, I am a highly educated individual from the foremost animal university imaginable."

"Ox-ford."

A drum riff marking how incredibly lame that joke were bashed through the air, as they finally reached to the place where the screaming had been before, to find a soaked pony curled up into a ball and shaking. She seemed to have some small bite marks on her legs, likely to do with the really thin shrimps on the ground. Or rather, the ones who had escaped, not these. The ones here were flattened, courtesy of the four legged stone creature standing above the pony and licking her mane with his rocky tongue like some sorta over-sized dog. Just again, made of stone, and with the head and face remarkably similar to a certain actor from the human world.

"Hey look, Datt Mamon handled it for us. Kinda? She seems sorta... Catatonic I guess the word is? I bet she needs a pumpkin latte."

Summoning a wooden cup, Anomaly would pop the top of her head and dip it in, to retrieve a big ol' cup of delicious pumpkin latte, which she handed over to the mare. Poor thing were shaking profoundly and didn't care at all where this were from as she just took the cup and started to slowly and methodically, drink it a little by little, whilst starring somewhere beyond the trees with a harrowed look on her face. Poor thing could properly use a little mind erasure about the last five minutes or so.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom The dining room has two large tables, that can easily hold a dozen ponies....each. One table is filled with bread, veggies, and fruit. The other has to Fah'lina's senses the better choices. Meat, and lots of it. In the middle is a circle of bread, topped with sliced meat and some fruit. "Dig In" Harmony says just as Serenade comes in with her father and the intern. Sunrise takes a seat at the first table, and starts to grab dishes with his magic, filling his plate. Serenade graviates to the meat table and soon has a plate filled with stuff.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

“Okay, we have some time to spare. I will show you around and introduce you to someone. He’s with the artisans and could help make something out of this hair. I gave you that scale and necklace because Sen and I want to show you just how grateful we are. It is a gift and you didn’t need to do something like it but if it makes you happy, whatever becomes of this hair, I’ll wear it with pride. Besides, the fact that it is still moving is impressive in a creepy sort of way.”

Just the idea of it still moving on its own is already enough of a talking point for anyone to take notice, and it isn’t hard to avoid looking at it. Omen wearing a scale necklace is breaking tradition but the symbolism behind it isn’t completely lost. It serves as a reminder to always strive to be better, remembering who you once were and aiming to surpass old limitations. In a way, Sen and Lin want Omen to be better than them, to have the knowledge and skills to carry on when they themselves are no longer with her. Of course they will always find a way to stick together but with the assumption that they won’t live as long as Omen, it helps to be prepared. 

Lin chuckled as she took one more look at the hair before putting it away. The overcast weather darkened the surroundings, indicating rain was to come. A light drizzle likely but it is the rainy season after all. It wouldn’t be surprising if this one becomes a thunderstorm later on. Terrible time to go out foraging but everyone’s got to eat and Shrimp will really need something healthier. Their first destination on the tour was a large hut, probably big enough to fit a the majority of the village under its roof. Located in the middle of the village, it was a sight that couldn’t be missed no matter where anyone is at any given time. 

“This right here is the communal hut. Every village has one and it is where everyone gathers when there is something important to discuss or when there is a wrongdoer whose case needs to be decided on. Otherwise, the elder and the council does their work here. I don’t know what it is they do exactly but I can guess it involves a lot of talking. For the most part, they make sure the village is running well." 

"Many homes are usually built on the trees with the ones on the ground reserved for elderly families. Wouldn’t want them to risk their health by climbing up and down all day. Otherwise, small specialty huts are found here: artisans, gatherers, and traders. Around the village are the hunters towers. They’re the ones watching out for trouble at all times.”

At the end of the very brief tour, they would eventually find themselves in a small hut with shelves lining the insides. The village isn’t the largest around but with the space mostly open, there isn’t much to see besides what Lin previously mentioned. Wood and stone tools are scattered about on the ground with an elderly longma hunched over and his back against the entryway. 

“Grandfather? Have some time to spare?”

“Huh? Oh, ha ha! Of course I have time to spare! And you’ve brought your friend here… ugh, um… What’s her name again?”

“It’s Omen,” Lin turned to her sister as the elderly longma extended his claw to the Ki’Nathar’s head and brought his face closer to have a better look. A little too close that Omen might find a little unsettling “Omen, this is Grandfather Zo, the finest artisan this village has!”

“There she goes again with the praises but yes, if it is fine craftwork or family stories you need, you come to me! Lin says you're the one to thank for helping out with that mess with the last elder. You did a good thing, very good. Now, what can I do for you?"

Zo already showed his eccentric side by shoving his face right up to Omen’s, the graying and limp webbing along with a lazy eye hints to his very advanced age. There is a noticeable hunch on his back that is prominent when he sits down and a few darkened spots on his hide are visible under fair amounts of light. Besides that, he spoke with an upbeat and welcoming tone as he greeted Omen, likening that to one of those little shops run by small families in Equestria. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

A figure walks about the town of Canterot at around midnight. She avoids the guard patrols and stays close to the buildings, only running across streets when she has checked that there was no-one there. Her red eyes shimmered somewhat in the dark as she saw a mansion in the distance, "Hmm...looks interesting...I'll go check it out." she thought to herself, and then continued towards the mansion. She was quite eager to break in and steal, however she had to be extremely quiet and fast. She has no idea what awaits her inside.

She walks around the mansion at night, laying low, and occasionally hiding in the bushes, as she peeks in the windows. Then she tries opening the window, if it fails to unlock she began attempting to pick the lock silently and quickly. "Come on...come on..." she thought to herself, the adrenaline rushing through her, that was the part she always enjoyed.