Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom "This is the pool, we have it installed when Serrie was small. I have some photos on when she had just hatched, weaponized cuteness." Harmony winks. "You've already seen the dinning room, so let me lead you to your room". Harmony walks in, gives the mimic a nod then walks to the stairs, and then up them. The 2nd floor has a large landing that is dominated by a set of Unicorn armor, but not the shiny gold that the current Solar Guard wears, but a darker Obsidian color, the kind worn a thousand years ago by the Night Guard. 

Harmony turns to the left and then opens a door, "your room for as long as you three are staying. I'm going to assume the mimic will find her own sleeping spot"

@Blitz Boom

Mariposa smiled, listening to the entire conversation.

"That's an amazing dream." She praised, "And I'm sure that you're going to be an awesome guard, Jelly!" She said a little too loudly, "Sorry. Anyway, I've been here about a year. I've actually gotten a job here as a resident zoologist." She explained, "I work with insects, like your adorable spider that you have there." She swooned, "I can understand bugs and insects, so please don't think I'm crazy." She explained, "Would you mind if I held him for a bit? I promise I'll be very careful. Though, it really depends on what Gary is comfortable with. What do you say, sir?"

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Kaze Yousei

"A-Are you sure?"

"Positively my dear. We have gotten this far already, and this will be a perfect place to visit from the sounds of it. Nice and quiet."

The voices would come a few seconds before a pretty strange pair of creatures entered the facility.

UvVWRAw.png

The one going in first had not just strange coloring and a peculiar, unnatural tail for what seemingly were a pony, but also carried rings in varied colors on his legs that were clearly not just put there, but were somehow made to stand still on the places they had been placed, almost as if they had been bolted in.

More things would pop out at you the longer you looked. For one, the flower in his mane seemed to be growing there, rather than stuck with a pin or something, and though a cape covered his back, something seemed to be beneath it beyond a mere coat. A coat mind you, that if you looked closely enough, would be more reminiscent of moss than normal hair, with the mane also having a curiously straw-like quality to it.

What most saw with this one though, were the closed eyes that seemingly did not hamper his movements regardless, and his friendly smile, which were somewhat undercut by the fact that his teeth were razor sharp and seemed more fitting for a predator beast than a pony, though clearly, this one were not one.

Perhaps if the owner had a good deal of history knowledge, he'd know of the evergrown and be able to identify this one, though after the falling out that came from some ponies harvesting their kind for the hyper-fertilizer that ran through their veins some three hundred years ago, barely any had been seen, as the creatures had withdrawn out of a sense of self preservation. Still, Velvet might know, or if not, he would potentially get to.

6Tulw5Y.png

The one that followed closely behind him with her head nearly touching the floor, were another story than the confident stallion that stood in front of her. She were a teenager by the looks of things, a changeling clearly, yet a mane and tail were usually reserved for queens, which this one did not give off the aura of being. Their exoskeletons were usually also pure black with a little green or so splashes in on the belly, not this interrupted coloring, that made it seem like patches of the darkness had grown around on her and then one day suddenly stopped.

Her large, pale eyes jolted around nervously, and combined with her stance told a pretty straight forward story about her being nervous and frankly scared, if the fearful voice from before had not been enough of a heads up. A strange changeling, but at least a race which many knew with varied attitudes towards. Integration laws or not, some ponies were still refusing to let go of old grudges, though not a whole lot could direct their anger against this young mare, as she already looked like an abused animal, and most had the heart to feel bad about adding to that.

"See? This place have a great atmosphere, and currently remains calm."

His ear twitched and even if Velvet had said nothing, the stallion would turn to face the owner with a big, toothy grin. Like looking at a smiling shark mingled with a friendly pony.

"Ah, hello there my good sir. Briar Trapjaw, at your service. How fare you this fine morning?"

Velvet looked up with a cheery smile, seemingly not worried about the toothy grin that most ponies might be a little unnerved by. Perfectly understandable reasons, as most sharp-toothed things tend to be dangerous. Velvet, however, was perfectly cheerful and happy to greet and serve the pair if there was anything in particular they wanted.

"Hello, sir. I'm doing quite well, thank you. Nice quiet morning with some fresh warm coffee to start that day. How can I help you?" He asked, pushing a basket of fresh strawberries towards the pair. A sample he offered ponies, and hoped it would cheer the poor mare up even a little bit. "Forgive me for asking, but would you happen to be an Evergrown? I've read about them in books, but never actually met one for real, so I thought it was better to ask. And...I'm being rude, aren't I?"

He was concerned his well-intentioned curiosity would be seen as an insult, and that was hardly what he wanted, since Velvet tried to get along with anypony he met, always looking for things they held in common rather than getting hung up on differences. The potential bad review on his workplace was also a factor at the moment.

@Dji

"Small Eno-!!" Kaltrop cuts himself off with a snort, returning to his pensive silence to follow after Dawn into her house, shouldering his wings in to walk in through her door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Catpone Cerberus

Widdershins smiles, glad to be playing, and twists his tail around to scoop up Cerberus under his tummy & lifts him up along with the cat dangling off.

Curious Kitty, aintcha?! S'true what they say, Kitties like fish, huh!? Oh, you can take it if you wanna, I can just regrow out a new tail!

The draconequus pats the catpony with his smaller, leaf-ended vine tail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Blitz Boom & Dji :

At the sound of a voice and with a quiet rustle of leaves, the foot & a half thick stem leans forward, easily closing in on the two yard distance to point at Twilight. 

After a heartbeat of silence as the giant, pony-sized bud becomes aware of a presence in front of it...and lunges forward, gaping. Its front half a huge Hippo-like bulk easily over three times the size of a pony lumbers out of the bushes, its blobby, pillarlike legs supporting a nearly amorphous body of dull green, purple... and a noticeable shimmer of garish pink sparkles the likes of which would remind Last Stand of a certain annoying magical entity she had encountered earlier.*

The dense, wedge shape, fleshy petals spread to reveal lines of sharp, bent, thorn like teeth running down the inside of each "petal" going down to the pipe like throat as a thin tongue rattles about with the plant-creature-hybrid's roar... as the immense maw closes over the alicorn of friendship in one swift movement, engulfing her up to her wings and lifting her up in the air, as if attempting to swallow her whole!

And the creature's roar echos throughout the Everfree Jungle:

Rrraddu-Frrrader!?

*I do expect a certain memetic, expletive from a certain move about a... "Thing." 

@Blitz Boom

Zo was speechless, silent, stunned. Though he clearly understood what Omen told him, it was certainly a lot to take in. Magic? Being remade? Powers of opening gateways to a place that could take him the rest of his shortening life to understand? It just doesn't click, unless his grandchildren's lives have become so bad in their exile. There was a hint of regret in that he could have done something. 

And the eyes that peered from that other place, from Mother's realm, where the unformed ones looked on in silence... Unnerving looks that could judge and in one way, the fact that he had some disapproving thoughts about Sen and Lin's ordeals had him second guessing whether or not he should even mention them. 

The longma placed his tools down and sighed. He didn't have it in him to raise his voice but his concerns were too great to ignore.

"Your talk of my granddaughter being broken, repaired... And hearing about how you and your unformed kin need to be formed by masters, just like how Lin was fixed.... I don't know whether I should be happy she is better or angry at what happened to her. Just tell me, what becomes of her and Sen? What happens to them now?"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"Spiders? Pringle doesn't really eat spiders. He likes crickets and strawberries."

"He also likes being petted for some reason."

Pringle walked in the cave uninterested in any of the spiders.

"Do you think Pringle speaks hamster?"

"I'm not sure."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom

Moving to take a seat herself across from her detective, adjusting her fine azure dress so not to wrinkle while she sat elegantly at the party table.  The pair watching as Thistle spoke in private with another pony and soon produced a rather rustic looking flask that one in Equestria would find in an antique shop.  A collectors item, how delightful!  "A compromise, most wonderful!  See Mr. Grumpy Rump, a souvenir and I can still get you home," she stuck her tongue at the unicorn across the table.  "Most appreciated High Priestess," she thanked the specter pony.

Tapping her golden decorated hoofs together in excitement as food from another land was presented to her.  Quite the interesting spread of exotic delicacies.  Nothing to be considered too out of the ordinary.  Simplistic in nature to match the same style of the olden town.  One of the key lessons Minty was well aware of when dining foreign food, was not to ask what was in it and just enjoy the taste.  Igniting her horn she pulled a plate over to her and levitated a number of the items from their dishes.  Each of the different types of food were cut into perfect portions and floated down onto her plate in the perfect arrangement reserved for the front of menus to catch the attention of potential patrons.  Even if each sample was only bite size, at least she had a little bit of everything.  Perfect for a high society pony like herself.  Levitating up one sample at a time to enjoy.

"The O.M.I?  Has Rising not explain it to you?" she inquired, giving said mentioned pony an odd look.  Not that he's really had the spare moment in his arrival to Harrowmark to talk much about himself or his origins.  "They didn't ask," was the simplest explanation he could offer. 

Well, The Captain was more than willing to explain her agency.  "The Office of Magical Investigation, or O.M.I.  We are not a branch of Equestria's military by any means, but are an extension of law enforcement.  More specifically the enforcement and investigation of magic based crimes or abuse in Equestria.  Mainly stationed in our country's largest city Manehatten, we are slowly spreading out to all our lands.  Our station also allows us to exerciser law enforcement in supplement to other local agencies, such as hoofing out tickets or making more common arrests.  While our focus is on the magical, my darling agents are also fabulous sleuths when the aid or pony power is needed.  I am the agency's founder and current leader.  We haven't quite formalized a rank structure like other police yet, but my second-in-command is a most lovely unicorn named Tussle.  And you've already met one of my two lead detectives," she added and idly waved a hoof at the midnight blue unicorn sitting across from her.  All the while using her magic to pour herself some juice and subsequently use it to wash down some of her meal.

@Califorum

The thief wouldn't get a chance to trap the mare upstairs, as she followed closely after, and left the path to the addict open.

"Legion is saying you're lying. And Smokey doesn't let strangers walk around his house alone."

The thief wouldn't be able to hear it, but the skull's inhabitants had spoken up about their mistrust for this mare, though the language of the dead were a rare thing to be able to hear for the living. Female members of Sorrow's family had this trait, and as such, she were able to hear the response she got back, though even without that, she would be mistrustful. It were pretty late, and this one weren't wearing a guard uniform. How could she be a guard on official business, if she weren't wearing the getup? Sorrow might not be in Canterlot a whole lot, but she knew guards, and this didn't fit anywhere.

The long legged pegasus wouldn't have much issue following the thief unless something happened to stop or block her. It would also not be advisable to steal the skull. The spirits may not be able to hurt anypony, unless they were talking extreme circumstances that would cause a poltergeist effect, but they could make whoever carried them to feel a constant wave of dread and unease wash over them. Standard ghost aura sort of thing really. Not much different from a real haunted house.

====================================================================================

@Moonlit

On 7/18/2019 at 10:58 PM, Moonlit said:

"This is the pool, we have it installed when Serrie was small. I have some photos on when she had just hatched, weaponized cuteness." Harmony winks. "You've already seen the dinning room, so let me lead you to your room"

The look that got unto Ziggy's face as she were told there were hatchling pictures could best be described as a small foal on Hearth's Warming Eve, being lead to the tree and seeing all the presents in front of them. Or Derpy, when she were told the bakery in Ponyville had triple swirl surprise muffins.

"*gasp* Baby Serenade? You gotta show me that someday. Oh my gosh they must be so adorable!"

Ziggy fluttered a little from the ground and let out a *squeee* sound for a few seconds just thinking about seeing a widdle baby siren with cutsey big eyes and tiny finsies, flapping around a swimming pool. Eeee, that was going to be the cutest thing ever! Serenade might not want her to see it, but come on, baby siren pictures. How couldn't she look at them?

Seeing how the expression kept on her face, she got a weird glance from the mimic as they passed through, though she'd raise a paw towards the food giver. Only one though. She had the other full of a half chewed through crab claw. She had never tried crab before getting to this place, but she sure needed to get to the area more often, because this were some really good stuff. Crunchy and succulent at the same time.

Ziggy would get distracted from this gleeful feeling for a bit when they passed a set of armor that really stuck out to her. She had no idea what sorta branch used this, but it were really pretty. Sadly she didn't know enough about the olden times of the guard to know this to be the original design of the Night Guard armor, before a thousand years away from the princess changed things around some, but she told herself that she'd have to ask about this later. One thing at a time though.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:58 PM, Moonlit said:

Harmony turns to the left and then opens a door, "your room for as long as you three are staying. I'm going to assume the mimic will find her own sleeping spot

The zegasus popped her head in to have a look at the room. It looked good, though she weren't sure how often she'd end up using it. Normally she just slept on clouds or in trees. She liked the feeling of fresh air it gave her, and clouds were fluffy and soft for those with pegasus blood who could lay down on them. They'd see though. Might be there's be a lot of rain or something.

"Hehe, thank you for the hospitality. And I dunno where Fah'lina's gonna end up. She usually finds some sorta cranny high up and drags a pillow or something up there. Don't worry, I promise I'll clean up the mess if she moves some stuff around that shouldn't have been. Thankfully she doesn't push things down to the ground that breaks easily."

==========================================================================================

@Emerald<3

Jelly's eyes went wide with surprise.

"You can understand insects? Vaaaauw."

As a somewhat naive filly who wanted to think the best about others when she first encountered them, she didn't think this were a lie currently, and visible gawked in awe when told about it. Being able to talk with the insects had to be one of the most special abilities she had ever heard of, and that included her own, quirky one. It was fine and all, but compared to talking to insects? That was a very hard one to beat in her mind.

Granted, she wouldn't want to be able to hear it herself, as it would make Gary's feeding times awkward, but still, this were Way cool!

As for Gary, he weren't sure what to think of this, yet he tentatively wandered out of Jelly's mane and looked up towards the mare.

"It understands, raise hoof?"

Some insects were smart, some were rather dumb. Gary were somewhat in the middle. Able to make sentences more or less and think beyond just his instincts, but at the same time, small brains had limitations. Especially when a lot of it were occupied with instinctual preservation and hunting practices.

Still, he would test and see if this one did actually understand before crawling on to her. If she didn't raise a hoof, he'd go back into Jelly's mane, if she did though, that would make him try. Best not to make sudden movements though, even if he wasn't venomous.

======================================================================================

@Kaze Yousei

Briar chuckled at the end of the stallion's sentence.

"Perish the thought, I wish to share what I can of my kind, so that if ever we do return to the land of ponies, more will be well informed, and perhaps things will end on better terms than it once did. Please, ask what you will.

To answer the one at hoof though, you are correct in your assumption, and I feel fortunate to run into one whom have heard of us. You would be surprised how few even know of our names, though of course, physical traits are varied depending on the soil in which our great trees grow. I am of a jungle variety, hailing from the humid landscape of the Razorleaf Jungle a little way to the south of this delightful country. If you wish for a more exact description, I am a member of a subspecies that is called a Snaproot in my old home, which are a mutation among the regular variants - in my case a Vinemaster - which can be recognized by our sharp teeth, lack of eyes, and need of meat. You needn't be worried though. I have not, and never would feast upon a higher intelligent being than a fish, or small bird. The thought alone frankly makes me feel rather uncomfortable."

Whilst Briar were talking away, as he tended to do, he would reach out towards one of the offered strawberries and once getting hold of one, would bow his neck to Velvet before reaching the treat behind him towards Brittle. She did not enjoy going too close to others, and worried that if she ever were to take a hoof out and grasp for something offered, that it would just be another trap and that she'd be caught, have her hoof bashes aside and mocked, or that it were potentially poisonous. She didn't have great experiences with other beings and kindness, though Ponyville had overall been nice enough to her. It were however, still hard for her to get past everything else, when it were more or less a drop of light in an ocean of murky water.

With a shaking hoof, she took the strawberry and would slowly nibble on it. All the while, she remained nearly glued to Briar's back right side, clearly doing what she could to keep him as a shield between herself and others, whilst being reluctant to let go of him, as if she were afraid that if he got too far away, he'd leave her behind.

Opposite of Briar, she had no words to speak of right now, and would just let the two of them speak, whilst her eyes stayed more or less on Velvet. Every out of place shadow or sound though, her eyes would dart towards, afraid that it were some kind of danger that were coming after them in this unfamiliar town.

=========================================================================================

@Widdershins @Dji

"Princess!"

Last and Cherish shouted out in unison when the plant opened it's petals, but neither were fast enough to stop the princess getting half eaten by the over-sized plant, though where Cherish got scared and alarmed by this, Last had a tone of desperation wafting over hers.

One second. One second had been the difference between her keeping the princess completely safe, and now having her getting chomped on by some kinda plant creature that did not resemble the tatzlewurms that she had been fighting some days past.

Last had been glaring to the left as some bushes had started to rustle, which turned out to just be from a squirrel, yet in the time it had taken her to do so and look back, the princess had taken a step forth, and the plant had reacted. And now, she needed to react fast to not end up losing a princess and bring shame upon her entire bloodline.

Since she had her sword in her muzzle already, Last jumped up, and would swing down on the petal on the left to try and loosen the grip in the princess. If this would not do the trick, her next hit would go for the thick stem. Were she at full power, she would likely have been able to cut straight through that, yet she were weakened and drained, stretched far too think over the last few days, and she swore, if they made it past this, she were going to rest and recharge the moment she had the time to do so. This could not keep happening.

As for Cherish, the ghost were desperately over and grabbed hold in the princesses back legs with her ghostly magic, where she'd desperately try and pull the princess out of there. Hopefully she'd manage to get her out before shed hit a pitch and start to go into poltergeist territory again. It wouldn't bode well for any of them if it came down to that.

==============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"I do not know. Normal creatures are confusing. So many choices. Nopony to lead them. To tell them what to do. It is strange to not have a master.

Easier when you have one. They tell us what to do. They teach us, and make us better. Master Discord tried with me. Then he were gone, and everything changed."

Having the freedom to make whatever choice you wanted were a great thing for most, but Omen had literally been made to serve, and though her kind tended to eventually gain their own self interests and such as they got along and learned of how life were, Omen never had much of this prior to meeting Sen and Lin, and it were a slow process to make one get used to choosing their own paths, instead of just following orders, or go with other creatures who seemed like they knew what they were doing.

She missed the point that the question were likely meant to ask what Sen and Lin would have to do as servants of Mother, since at least Lin had just been mentioned to be made by the ancient creature, in much the same way that Discord and other masters had crafted Omen and her formed siblings.

"Lin is some of us. She can not sleep anymore. Will perhaps live long? Mother says it depends on the magic. Some siblings only there for a little. I have been here for a long time. Since Master Discord had a chaos world. Old home. Long gone now.

Sen is strange. Magic in him. Can feel it, but I do not understand. He is not us though. Not broken like Lin."

Her talking would answer some of the questions she had been given, but likely add some other ones to the fray. Poor Zo would end up with a headache and half a metric ton of inquires to his grandchildren once all were said and done at this pace.

=============================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Psst, come over here. You'll want what I got. Great for four leggers."

"Don't listen to her, I got the good stuff."

"The strongest always come to me. Come on, you know I'm legit"

"Special price. Only the best."

The spiders started to crawl closer and speak to them in small voices once they passed the entrance to their cave, though they ignored Pringle. He didn't seem to have anything of value on him, and likely didn't want to listen to any of them. Lucid and the rest though, should feel them spin their wax nets near them to whisper them and use their small legs to indicate varied directions into the darkness they wanted this one to follow.

"Don't listen to them, they'll either rob you blind, or try to sell you something. You wouldn't believe the sorta insurance scams goes on around here."

Why would you make this?

"Pff, logic's for losers. Come on, if we're lucky, our guest won't have reached the queen yet. She's gonna be So in debt with just, used car payments and deductible hocus pocus. I don't really understand half of what they're saying, but like, imagine they're tiny used cart salesponies. But with face melting venom."

================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

It would likely not surprise Minty that the taste of things around here tended to be more on the earthy and strong flavors. Even with the *sugar* they were able to harvest, most things they ate came from tough swamp herbs, ground vegetables and fruits such as potatoes, wheat, and roots of varied kinds. It had far less of the delicate, simple touch of some of the stuff you could find in Equestria, but if you enjoyed something more reminiscent of a hearty stew - which were also one of the food items brought forth in a small bowl - then Harrowmark quinine would be rather enjoyable. The bread would likely be the thing that would remind one the most of Equestria, even with the small amount of spices added to give it some more taste.

The way that the pony rearranged her food into the strange looking higher up sort of presentation made Wisp - who had just showed up  and Thistle give it some confused gazes, yet it were not up to them to tell the outsiders how to eat. If they ate differently where they came from, they were free to consume it all the same here, long as they did not force it upon others. Wisp for one wrote it behind her ear though, as something she'd have to look out for when she would one day go to Equestria. It would lessen at least one culture shock moment, though she expected countless others to still be waiting there for her.

Regardless, their main focus were still on listening in to what Minty explained as she spoke of the O.M.I. and what it were that they did. Considering what she had seen Rising do, it made perfect sense that he would work for an agency such as that, though to think that there were several with his potential somewhere... It were a pleasing thought for sure, yet also made Thistle question what would happen were they to go rogue, or turn traitors. She did not think these had any interest in doing such a thing however. It were merely a thought that came from her ingrained suspicions towards others. Nothing she would currently act on or share with them.

"𝕀𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕒𝕨, 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕪. 𝔸𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕔, 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕞 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕖 𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕕, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕦𝕡𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕. 𝔽𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕞𝕪 𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕓𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕪, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕕𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕗𝕒𝕣 𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕔𝕣𝕦𝕕𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕨𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕪𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕜. ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕧𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕪 𝕠𝕦𝕥, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕕𝕤 𝕖𝕝𝕤𝕖𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖."

More she did not get to say, before Wisp cleared her throat and took advantage of the small hole in the conversation where she might interject. At which point, she would withdraw an old, leather-bound book she had set gently upon a nearby bench when she had been told to bring some juice to Minty before, and float it over towards the tall unicorn.

"Please forgive me for interrupting, but you asked for the ledger?"

Inside, they'd find hundreds, if not thousands of names and brief words of powers in case something special were there about them, spanning over the past two hundred years. Around their names would be some signs to indicate the status, such as alive (a heart) dead and staying so (a crude moth) risen (a skull) and so on. Some also had question marks as their whereabouts were unknown. If they would cross reference those along with ponies being marked as able to control wicker creatures, they'd find three different names. Wheatly Studdings. Willow Thornsby, and Craven Oakly. Their prisoner would be one of those more than likely.

Also, they'd find that an earth pony mare around her mid to late fifties would step out of the crowd, once beckoned by Wisp, and would wander forth towards them. Her mane and tail were long and muddy brown with streaks of grey, but tied up into thick braids, with a base coat color of dark green. Her pale eyes would speak volumes of her nervousness in standing here in front of them, and among the citizens in this place, she were likely among the lesser dressed ponies, carrying only a simple dress that had clearly seen better days, but no hats, shoes, or the like.

"And as requested, the daughter of Lily Monkshade. This is Gloom Sickle, and please don't be too harsh on her. It's not her fault who she's related to."

"It's okay Will-O, don't worry about me. I don't fear our great savior's wrath will strike me down."

Though she tried to be reassuring, her nervous glances said that perhaps her words were not as truthful as she tried to make Wisp believe.

@Blitz Boom "It's no problem. I raised a Siren from an egg, have a Unicorn filly that is 90% suger by weight and a husband who is for all intents and purposes a vampony. This mimic will be no problem at all. Let me go get that photo album." Harmony trots off and then returns a minute later with a thick photo album. "Come on" She hops up onto the bed, and opens the book. On the first two pages, are pictures of a mottled green and blue egg, about the size of trash can.

@Blitz Boom

The thief turned to face Sorrow. "Oh, you got me." she said dismissively, there was no way she could make up another lie as it would likely be revealed aswell. She narrowed her eyes at the skull. "Hm, Looks interesting. Not my thing." the thief said, continuing on her way out. She wasn't going to get violent unless it was needed or unless Sorrow prevented her from leaving or something of that sort.

@Blitz Boom

Mariposa looked at the fuzzy creature, feeling very confused at the request. Still, she raised her hoof to the air, looking from Jelly to Gary for some sort of explanation.

She tucked a strand of hair away from her face, wincing as she felt a cramp build up in the hoof that she was holding in the air.

"May I let it go, sir? This is getting very uncomfortable..."

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"A-!" Twilight's scream was cut off in the split second she inside the petals. One second she was inspecting them with Cherish, and the next, it had gulped her up. She had been in worse situations before, but none of them quite had the same feeling as being partially swallowed by something. She attempted to light up her horn and cast some random spell to get out. Her wings were squished against her sides and even an attempt to move them caused immense strain on her muscles. She didn't notice if Cherish was helping or not but maybe whichever spell she had cast in her panic would help set her free.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Ah ... she's gone," Karmic said in a keening tone. She had gotten used to following the filly throughout the caverns but at another fork in the road, the filly had disappeared from sight when she approached. She shook her head violently and took a proper look around herself. Seeing the room filled with rock and gems and crystals, she had no idea on where she was. "Um .... Enzo?" Karmic questioned, not seeing the sphinx nearby and it got her a little scared. She had gotten used to his presence.

"That was ... definitely something," Atzy commented in Karmic's mind, her voice shaking from having seen the memory.

"Oh you speak. What was that?" Karmic questioned out loud.

"I don't know, Possibly the Changeling I'm based off of? I don't really have any memories of my own until I got attached to you, Karmic." Atzy replied in thought and even a bit of fear herself.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Got it!" Aurora grinned when she spotted the tree ahead of them. She gave a laugh and zoomed off with a big flap of her wings, immediately pulling ahead of Happy despite having a head start on him.

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Oh, maybe those wings are a tight fit," Dawn said quietly, turning around to see Kaltrops struggle. "Well, at the very least, this is the lounge room," she told him. On the walls were photos of similar looking ponies who may have been her parents. Only one photo had a fourth pony, a filly even, but they weren't in any of the others. The couch was in front of a fireplace with doors leading outside, to a hallway with a couple more doors, and a kitchen as well. "And I can show you around if you want me to ... as thanks for letting me on your back."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom
'Of course it's magical' Ruby thought to herself when she could feel the powder effecting her spell, and though it didn't break the spell, she did the spell again just in case "Everything is fine, I just got bit of the powder on my coat and it itches." she replied, not seeing a reason to lie about it, "I'll go clean myself in a river or something if it continues for long." it felt very uncomfortable, so though she could handle it, she would want to get rid of it if it didn't stop by itself. She proceeded to open the last box.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada thought for a second "There is the main entrance on the side, though considering that you don't seem to know about it, it's safe to assume it has either collapsed or has gotten blocked in other way." she looked up, "So that leaves only one possible way in, the top, I can pick you two up and bring you in that way assuming the plant hasn't blocked it." "Other than that there isn't any way in as far as I know, but I can always sing to try get the plant to make an opening if we can't get in."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
"I appreciate the offer, but I would feel weird for taking a piece out of someone's tail." Cerberus stated between 'bites' , he was lot less concerned about being in the air than his smaller friend, not that the cat was too concerned either, since it was focused on the giant fish tail. Cerberus pressed himself against the vine tail that petted him like a cat would and a short, purr-like sound was heard for a second. "Though I'm sure all the others would love getting piece of the giant fish tail." the other cats had gotten a bit closer and were watching at the tail.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Now Sen has magic in him too? Lin really downplayed it when the two of them last met up. Sen was around once but he didn’t think to mention this part. Choice or not, this is the way it has become. What was simple knowledge has been turned upside down. No longma in the longest time has ever had access to magic. The forest’s wards were there ever since the longma took up residence in the area, maybe some ancestors several hundred years back had magic but no one in the present has it. 

“And you simply want to follow whoever your master is? Lin was remade by your Mother, does she serve her as well? What about Sen? Look, the way you said your piece makes me wonder about this, I’m getting a headache from thinking about this, and I am not liking anything I just heard.”

“Our kind have had a history with Discord; his magic, his influence is far-reaching and now I find out you have some connection to him. You were probably made to serve him but you are now with Lin and Sen. Why them?”

Zo proceeded to continue working, picking up the tools he placed down and began fashioning something with string and stone. He didn’t mean to come off sounding harsh but perhaps he just wanted Omen to tell him something that would put himself at ease, something to remind him that the Sen and Lin he knew from when they were young were still there. Seeing them all grown up, changed in more ways than one, he pines for the grandchildren that were gone for the longest time. Maybe he would need a different kind of conversation with someone who can tell him the story better, but in some way, he trusted Lin and Sen and would want to extend the same trust to Omen. Just not now.

Edited by EQ_Theta

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Lucid would probably try to buy something, but he didn't have much money on him. Lucid looked at Anomaly.

"Do you think their car insurances covers lizards?"

"That's an interesting question."

"What about Pringle's college fund?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Califorum

"It's not nice to break into other ponies home, unless they're in trouble. Why are you really here?"

Sorrow would keep up the pace, but not make any real attempt to stop the mare as they wandered down the lit halls.The thief may start to notice a rather problematic trend as they went along though: All the windows and doors were sealed shut, even the ones she had been in before, and wouldn't budge an inch even if she tried to get through them. Not without some force, and even then, the windows would be more difficult.

It seemed that something were going on, and that somepony - or something - didn't want her to leave.

====================================================================================

@Moonlit

So this were a siren egg? How cool! She had never seen anything like this in her medical books, and they had tons of egg species to go from there with hippogryphs, changeling, griffons, you name it. If it were of higher sentience, there were at least a little note on it. Sirens though, had not had anything of the sorts, and being able to see one for herself now were honestly pretty exciting.

"It must've been really weird finding this egg, right? What did you think it were?"

She tried being on topic, but more than anything, she really wanted to see the next pictures, when the egg had hatched and she'd be able to see Selena all tiny and cute. It were going to be glorious.

==========================================================================================

@Emerald<3

"Pony understands. Is okay to put hoof down. Just wanted to know."

She wouldn't have to reach a hoof over or anything, as Gary instead jumped from the filly's head and landed softly on the shoulder of the strange mare who were actually able to understand him. A strange situation, but he would try to come to her now. He were understandably curious, and Jelly seemed okay with it, so he didn't see the harm currently.

He'd stay on said shoulder unless prompted to go elsewhere, at which point he's start to crawl up and aim for the mane of this mare, as it were what the big, fuzzy spider were most familiar with,and it provided shelter in case of something going badly. It'd feel pretty strange likely to have something big and hairy on you, but the mare seemed like she wouldn't be too bothered.

==============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Because they are my friends."

Far as Omen were concerned it weren't much longer than that. They were her friends, and she had learned in the years since Discord had vanished how important it were to have creatures like that for many beings. The more she had been with them since they met had made her grow attached too, which had eventually culminated in her choosing them over Discord, once the situation were presented to her where she had to pick between servitude and friendship. They had said as the only creatures ever that she were their friend, and with that, combined with what they had been through, it had been a difficult, yet ultimately right choice.

"We met Master Discord. Free. Reformed. He wanted me to come back. To serve, like he made me to. Not easy to say no. Still did.

Hard to understand them though. Many emotions, I do not know. Knowing things when they have no masters to teach them. Trying to learn from them, but many things happens. Many thoughts. Need time to understand."

You who are free. How do you know stuff, when you have no masters? Why do you do anything? Choose what to become? I do not understand it."

=============================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Lizard insurance. The queen have the contract."

The small spiders all whispered as once *queen, queen, queen* as the subject would be brought up, and would keep going for about thirty seconds. After that, they'd be back to trying to scam them, though not included more lizard friendly things, like a special price for a jars of crickets, certified pre-owned winter clothes in his size, and even one who claimed to have a heating lamp, which in his words were *Very exclusive. Only for special clients, like you.*.

If they managed to avoid it all, they'd eventually find a room behind a pony-sized door made of wax, and when entering, they'd see two ponies in the room. One were a stallion shaking in a chair, whilst the other were a golden-brown one with her back turned to them. Seemed normal enough, until she turned around to look at the intruders, and they'd see that she actually had eight, hairy legs down her side, that had been hidden beneath the covers over the chair she were situated on, sedimentet eyes,  two extra front legs for grabbing on to things, and some rather large fangs in her muzzle. As for a spidery abdomen, there were on hanging on the wall like it were some sort of coat. Logic about that weren't here.

"New clients? What do you desire, draconequui and pony? I have many, many things to sell."

================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Urgh, that sounds like a bugger and a half. Hows about when we get this all stashed in the cart, You'll go find a river and I'll keep guard? Still can't see a peep, so I ain't running nowhere."

The last chest were safe. Another defensive measure that had failed it seemed, which were probably for the best, as another dosage of what were itching on Ruby would likely have riven her nuts from the even more uncomfortable feeling the stuff left on her.

Having a look over, and counting a few pieces of golden jewelry away for the time being, there'd be around 12 grand here in bits, provided it were all legit, and not some sorta trick, though it seemed unlikely. Their currency didn't have anything printed on them after all. It were just gold, pure and simple. Hay, you could technically make your own, if you got enough of the stuff, it were just mostly not worth the hassle when it were easier to just sell the whole blocks and let it be somepony elses problem.

@Catpone Cerberus

"P-Please try singing first."

"Are you alright? You see a little pale there all of a sudden."

"I have recently experienced what happens when I have no connection to the ground, nor anything residing within or on it. It were a very painful situation, which I'd prefer not to go through again if I could avoid it."

She would hope that this were going to work, though Lyriel did need to consider the worst case scenario. Even if the trip would likely be brief, so had the air episode with the dragon a yesterday, and it had been horrendous. If they had to go, she'd honestly rather just climb the side of the rocks somehow. At least then she'd have the connection she needed to, and could reach down to the plants from there.

@Dji

"You two are speaking again, I hear. Anything enlightening?"

Enzo came around a corner and headed towards them carefully, though the light from the torch would likely warn of his coming before his presence did.

He had been keeping pace easily until the ceiling had gotten lower and he had to slow down to pass that section without injury. There were more room towards the ceiling now, so he could wander freely again, but it had taken him a bit of time to locate the mare. Thankfully, the smell of Karmic, as well as her talking, weren't hard for his feline senses to pick up on. Not in this old, deserted place at least.

====================================================================================================

@Dji

Aurora would beat him to the tree. That was fine, he had expected it, but darn it if he didn't give her a good run for it in his mind, considering what he had to carry, and how she were cheating a bit by flying. No issue though, he would've done the same in her place.

"Hah, well done Aurora. Figured you'd beat me to it. I'd say if on equal turf, I would've smacked you easily, but honestly I ain't a fast flyer. I'm more of an agile, nimble sorta fellah. Easier to avoid arrows that to outrun 'em, ya know?

And just lokkit that. We've gotten 'round a fourth of the way towards the next forest already. Mighty fine speed we're keeping there. You need a break before we get on? Somethin' to eat or drink perhaps? I got some regular food stuff and water in the cart if that'd tickle your fancy."

Testament to himself, he weren't sweating too badly, and he weren't staggered for breath. Happy would use that to say that he got the game to keep this up if Aurora felt like she wanted a round more, though they'd see. Might be this had been enough excitement for now.

@Blitz Boom

The thief tried all the windows and doors as she could with physical force, they didn't really open. She scowled somewhat, "It's not nice? The world is not all sunshine and rainbows like most may think, if they think that, then they are weak and cowardly." said the thief, who huffed as she began to try to use magical force to open one of the doors. She wanted to leave, this pony to her seemed to be nothing other than your normal pony who is all about 'niceness'.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:40 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Briar chuckled at the end of the stallion's sentence.

"Perish the thought, I wish to share what I can of my kind, so that if ever we do return to the land of ponies, more will be well informed, and perhaps things will end on better terms than it once did. Please, ask what you will.

To answer the one at hoof though, you are correct in your assumption, and I feel fortunate to run into one whom have heard of us. You would be surprised how few even know of our names, though of course, physical traits are varied depending on the soil in which our great trees grow. I am of a jungle variety, hailing from the humid landscape of the Razorleaf Jungle a little way to the south of this delightful country. If you wish for a more exact description, I am a member of a subspecies that is called a Snaproot in my old home, which are a mutation among the regular variants - in my case a Vinemaster - which can be recognized by our sharp teeth, lack of eyes, and need of meat. You needn't be worried though. I have not, and never would feast upon a higher intelligent being than a fish, or small bird. The thought alone frankly makes me feel rather uncomfortable."

Whilst Briar were talking away, as he tended to do, he would reach out towards one of the offered strawberries and once getting hold of one, would bow his neck to Velvet before reaching the treat behind him towards Brittle. She did not enjoy going too close to others, and worried that if she ever were to take a hoof out and grasp for something offered, that it would just be another trap and that she'd be caught, have her hoof bashes aside and mocked, or that it were potentially poisonous. She didn't have great experiences with other beings and kindness, though Ponyville had overall been nice enough to her. It were however, still hard for her to get past everything else, when it were more or less a drop of light in an ocean of murky water.

With a shaking hoof, she took the strawberry and would slowly nibble on it. All the while, she remained nearly glued to Briar's back right side, clearly doing what she could to keep him as a shield between herself and others, whilst being reluctant to let go of him, as if she were afraid that if he got too far away, he'd leave her behind.

Opposite of Briar, she had no words to speak of right now, and would just let the two of them speak, whilst her eyes stayed more or less on Velvet. Every out of place shadow or sound though, her eyes would dart towards, afraid that it were some kind of danger that were coming after them in this unfamiliar town.

Velvet smiled as he saw Briar offer out the strawberry to the mare with him. He wanted to reach out to her in some way, but thought better of it with how nervous she seemed. It almost broke his heart to see her in such a state, but it would be better in this instance to simply let her relax and decide when she was comfortable. After all, he didn't get those gorgeous strawberries by rushing it. The information Briar shared, however, was of great interest to the Earth Pony.

"I wasn't too worried, but I'm glad to hear that anyway. It'd be wonderful if it turned out better than last time." He said, touching a plant next to him that he had just noticed was looking down. After a faint glow,the plant was looking much perkier and livelier than before. "How many subspecies do you know of? And have you thought about writing an encyclopedia on your species to sell? That might be a good way to get the information out there."

His eyes drifted to the mare briefly before going back to Briar. "Your friend seems awfully timid. Is she okay?"

@Blitz Boom Harmony nods, "It was weird, we thought it was a dragon's egg at first, but then Serrie hatched" Harmony flipped the page, there are two photos. If photos could cause heart attacks or cause diabetes, these would be considered Weapons of Mass Cuteness. The first shows Serenade, probably 1 or 2 years of age, trying her best to get out of a pool. Her mane is slick, and covering part of her eyes, her tongue sticks out in concentration and her tail is half-in/half-out of the water. 

The other photo, probably taken around the same time, is of Serenade, asleep on what looks like a poolside lounge chair, her tail tucked up beside her, her front hooves underneath, and her muzzle covered by her tail fluke. One ear is up, the other is down. 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom  

(Continued from page 350)

The changeling body lay there on the floor.  The twitching had stopped, and his sleep seemed more relaxed, for in the changeling’s dream, the princess of the night had temporarily cleared away all images of the past that the brain had seen.  These were memories that were wiped away to make space for a new soul but had been restored by Charlie’s healing magic.  The soul that now existed in this mind were new, but it had access to all the knowledge that Kilo once had.  Kilo had a brother, Miles, who he had missed greatly, but this new soul didn’t miss him. This seedling-that-would-have-been had every memory Kilo had growing up in the Cydonian Hive, including holidays like the “Absence of Thought Festival,” but did not feel any connection to either Miles or the memories.  With them memories pushed aside for now, Luna approached the new soul.  “I have but one message for you.  What Charlie seeks can be achieved by finding the Heart of the Woods.  Find Zhu, for he knows the way,” she said to the new soul.  Then he asked her, “Who am I?” She responded, “That is for you to discover.” 

After Luna disappeared from his dream, he woke up, opening his eyes slowly, then slowly made his way onto his feet.  “It’s awake!” Charlie shouted to Vivid.  “Are you okay?” “I’m not sure.  But more importantly, who’s Zhu?  We have to find Zhu.”  Charlie just didn’t know how to respond.  This was probably their first experience of having been at a loss for words.

(Gaea remains on page 351, Penny on 352, and Marcus on 353)

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

(edited)

An old carriage stopped in front of a cute, colorful shop in the middle of Ponyville. The vehicle wasn't fancy but the cargo sure was. The most dazzling sweets and mysterious ingredients. Alluring smells distracted Moondrop for she had a bit of a sweet tooth herself and she had to contain herself. The unicorn knocked on the Candy Store's door waiting to deliver all the treats. 

"Circle Pop? Are you in? I've got your stock. And you better hurry up or I might have to replace some of it" Moondrop giggled.

It was tempting but she would never actually eat anything of the customers' wares without purchasing it fare and square. A tiny bit of teasing never hurt however.

Edited by DripMoondrop

@Blitz Boom

"Or I go find that river right away." Ruby suggested, even though Spicy's opinion didn't matter "That way you can steal only one of them if you are bluffing." she said it with joking tone, but she wasn't necessarily fully joking, because though she trusted Spicy not to be that stupid, there could be somepony else around, and she didn't trust Spicy as a guard.

She sniffed the air searching for the scent of water, and after locating what she assumed to be some kind of pool or stream of water, she made her way towards it, keeping her focus also on the treasure inside the wagon in case it started moving or emptying. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada just looked at Lyriel understandingly and nodded, she wouldn't do something that was painful for her friends, so even if the singing wouldn't work, she would make sure to figure out a painless way for Lyriel to get in. After the talking had ended and Nada was sure she wouldn't interrupt anyone, she started her song.

From the tempo and such of the song, it sounded like something you would sing to a scared foal to get them calm down, but Nada changed the lyrics in a way that it was more fitting for the situation, everything from singing about strong roots and fertile grounds to promising no creature will harm any plants. It was clear she made the lyrics up as she sang, but it still sounded good and the lyrics fit well together, she was a siren after all.

@Blitz Boom

It is good to know that despite what happened that fateful night, there was still some integrity and good left in both Sen and Lin. Either that or whatever it is they experienced forced them to grow up. Perhaps their innocence was lost but hearing someone talk positive about them speaks volumes, that they didn’t become insular or fall into despair. Maybe there is some hope for them to move on from their tragedy, to truly let go of their lingering pains. 

Now Zo was at ease, relaxing his grip on the tools he held. From behind him, he pulled a small box containing two small buy hefty gemstones and wrapped them in between the hair-covered clasp, one red and one blue. They didn’t look like much but it was right and just about ready. Longma crafts were either about practicality or symbolism, sometimes both. This one was no exception but he wouldn’t explain it until it is done. It will be a surprise even to his grandchildren, or at the very least one of them and their friend.

That last string of questions though, that one was a mouthful for him but Omen has her way of communicating that comes of as comprehensible, if a little confusing at times. Still, Zo is getting a hang of figuring out how sentences and phrases would sound like if it was structured a little differently. 

“I know things because I learn about them. Either someone taught me or a personal experience gave me enough information to know what to do and not to do. The only masters I needed are the ones who know more than me, masters of their craft. It’s how I do what I am doing right now.”

“As for choosing what to become? I became an artisan because I have a talent for it. Tried out whatever it is I found interesting and that was what interested me the most. That other question though, I wish I have a definite answer for it. Sometimes, we do things because they are important. We gather food because we need to eat, build homes because we need shelter. Other times, we do things because we want to do them. Like making trinkets with your hair in it.”

It wasn’t a good idea, what Zo will attempt to do right now. Hearing Omen mention she needed time to understand how things worked outside of her experiences with Discord will probably result in more confusion. But he had to know how she processed thoughts, how she reasons. 

“When you chose to be with my grandchildren instead of Discord, was it only because they are your friends and not anything else? Discord's magic is beyond comprehensible but is powerful enough to grant you anything you want; Sen and Lin don't have what he has. Maybe there's more to what you say. Maybe you might have an answer to your question and while we're at it, maybe I could figure it out."

@Blitz Boom

Minty munched away on her bit sized assembly of foreign delights after delivery his short synopsis of the agency she worked to create.  Sadly she had no tale of hardship in creating the O.M.I.  Some many, many, Moons ago she made a theatrical presentation about possibly creating such a thing while taking in tea with Princess Celestia.  Who knew making the ruler of Equestria laugh was such a sure fire way to get royal permission to start a new agency.  Of course, it was more likely that the Princess saw the logic in creating an agency for enforcing magical laws in such an ever evolving field.  It just wasn't how The Captain chose to remember why the decision was made.  Minty was also enjoying herself with these foreign foods.  Probably best not knowing what was really in them as her dainty tastes probably couldn't handle the truth.

"Oh that would be wonderful darling!  A little cultural exchange while also increasing the pony power of the O.M.I.," the larger unicorn admired, tapping her hoofs together in delight.  A little more than that went into of course, but such details didn't need to be hashed out right at the moment.  "Tell me of these Cursebearers dear.  They sound most intriguing," Minty began while floating the last of her bit sized treats into her maw for a delicate much.  "Our darling detective here loves eating curses for breakfast," she teased with a hearty chuckle.  

Rising Dusk had floated over another mug of water for himself while Thistle and The Captain enjoyed some conversation.  Holding the mug between his hoofs to bring it to his lips, "Funny," he replied with a smirk before gulping down some water.  Actually he enjoyed Oaty O's or Fizzle Pops for breakfast, but that was neither here nor there in importance.

Such a tale of these Cursebearers would appear to need to be put on hold with Wisp returned with the requested ledger.  The ponies of Harrowmark did appear to be rather good at keeping records, but in a land where the dead don't always stay dead, records of such things would be important.  Especially all in one book.  Wisp was accompanied by another older mare that was introduced as Lily's daughter.  Hard to believe the young pony he and Scarlet captured was the mother of the nervous one standing before them.  He could see a bit of resemblance though and when adding together that Lily's master was borrowing a bit of time magic, it was possible.  Can't came next though, he didn't.

Gloom's comment made the unicorn spit his water back into his mug with a surprised loud wet PFFT!  Coughing a bit as some went down the wrong pipe and into his lungs.  His wrath!?  A quick correction was in order. Turning to more fully face the older mare, "I have no~ Koff!  Wrath Ms~ Koff!  Sickle," he informed her while trying to recover.  Minty looked shocked as well, putting a hoof to her lips, "Oh my..."