Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

On 7/27/2019 at 6:59 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"An Amaryllis sounds like a splendid idea. May I please purchase one from you sir?"

The flower on Briar's head swayed and glowed slightly, as a green aura rose his necklace and opened it to reveal it were about two thirds filled with bits. About 30 that were, plus/minus potentially two. He were not entirely sure, as it had been some time since he had last counted.

"And before I forget it, I thank you for the sentiment, and I hope that you will too find your path in life. I personally find that the best way is to wander and discover yourself, yet a life on the road is of course, not for everypony. That being said, it would surround you with both plants and plenty of raw materials to make food from, so perhaps it may inspire you? Yet, if we were to go down that route, may I ask if you have considered combining your passions? Growing plants could well include varied greens which you could then cook to make organic food for whomever so dines with you. I have heard that it is rather well received to have quaint little combination stores such as that, though of course, if you do wish to fully embrace one, it may be too much.

Perhaps I could help give my perspective, if you could value in that? What draws you towards the art of cooking, and what is it with plants that speak with you? Heh, present company excluded, of course."

He couldn't help it. Sometimes, he just wanted to make some plant based jokes, and this were at least not the worst. He hadn't yet mentioned that he would *be-leaf something*, so it were yet groan-worthy in his opinion.

"I am due for a vacation, but I hadn't decided where to go. Perhaps I've been cooped up with work and city life a bit longer than I thought. I should head out towards Ponyville again, for some of that country air. But your advice is good. I hadn't considered growing my own vegetables." He said, getting up from the counter to lead the customers to where he last saw the Amaryllis flowers. that way, they could choose the color they liked best.

"I think they're about 10 bits, but could be lower due to lower demand at the moment. Purple lilies are in season right now." Velvet Lily said, considering Briar's words about combining passions.

@Blitz Boom

A wonderful thing to hear that the daughter to a dark one's apprentice wasn't ostracized from the town and her fellow ponies.  An advancement that Harrowmark might have over Equestria if Rising Dusk was being honest.  While in modern day it isn't as big of an issues, ancestry and lineage could mark a pony based on success or failure in their history of family.  Out of necessity it seems that being under the dark hoof of Twisted that it was easy to place the blame on him or the individual.  Rising Dusk gave Gloom a smile, she was already more free than he expected.  Experiencing a different culture this drastically quick was an eye opener for sure.

"You might be interested to know.  Your mother's appearance is about as old as I am now," the unicorn started.  Putting two and two together wasn't too difficult after seeing Twisted's time magic borrowed from the dark god and how young Lily appeared even though she claimed to be 92 years old.  And how he traced her scry spell to reveal to the detective a much older mare than who came to the agency.  Considering Twisted stole time, it wasn't hard to believe that could be given to an apprentice.  "And I may have poked her in the eye," he admitted to, while not with his hoof, but a magical feedback, the result was the same.  "And wrapped her in a blanket," he finished, laying it all out there for the what little interaction he's had with her thus far.  Context was probably so far in the next county it was hard to find, or that the blanket was an Easy Sleep Blanket to keep her contained.  At least she'd gotten a good rest out of it.

Rising Dusk was still in school when Lily left her town to apprentice under Twisted, but he had figured she'd been with him for much longer than fifteen years.  Especially if she was actually 92 years old.  While he could already guess the answer to this inquiry, facts were better to put in his report than hunches.   "What happened fifteen years ago?" 

@Widdershins
Cerberus blinked, he would have been lying if he would have said he had any idea what Widdershins was trying to say, all he got was that apparently he didn't have bones and he liked to make food "A boneless chef, got it." he knew boneless cook wasn't the best way to tell what he understood, but whatever, what was the one in always being clear. Meanwhile the cats continued doing their thing, only exception being the cat that had been the first to do anything, as it was taking its leave, looking very satisfied. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Blitz Boom
"Sure" Ruby simply stated, she wouldn't have asked extra for pulling the wagon but she also would be crazy if she didn't take the extra offered to her. She had already made her way to the wagon to get herself attached when Spicy said about the weight, and she decided to respond with "Oh don't you worry, even if there wasn't magic like that I wouldn't worry about it, because I'm used to doing my own heavy lifting." her tone was hinting that it was meant as a joke or something similar, but in reality Ruby just wanted to point out yet another thing that made her better than Spicy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada didn't take part in the conversation about the plant, but she agreed with Lyriel's side when it came to evil, after all, she knew first hoof what it was like to be assumed to be evil because of your species. "There isn't that much to tell really, there used to be an entrance..." she pointed at a place that seemed like it had collapsed "...and the one we came through wasn't there back then." "The chairs were around the old entrance, and the whole place wasn't in the forest like it is now, forest actually started from somewhere around there." she pointed to a direction "Ponies used to come here from a nearby village to listen my singing...and that's really it, it all ended when the three sisters attacked." 

@Emerald<3

"I'll come and help.  Lots of time to help everyone else too later, hehe."

Jelly stretched her wings a bit and stood herself ready to follow. Honestly, she weren't sure where the pet store were, so this would be a good way to go see it too, though of course, trying to help would be the top priority here. That and prevent Gary from eating the insects that this mare were taking care of. Important to keep that in mind.

=======================================================================================================

@Moonlit

Ziggy weren't sure what Harmony were on about with her comment. Sounded sorta like she warned her that the siren would get nibbly and wanting for pony munchies, but that didn't match the Serenade she knew. Probably just some sorta inside joke going way over her head.

Going off on her own, she'd set her patch straight towards the outside, where she'd zoom right over to the pool to see if she could find her scaly friend. Might be she'd try one of those water ambushed to scare the heebie-jeebie out of Ziggy? They'd see.

===================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Praise from Zo? Hm, sounded like Omen's guesswork had been correct then, considering his reaction to Omen's questionable assertion. She'd have to remember this for the future, in case she needed this meager understanding of her friends for whatever reason.

Seeing the pieces of jewelry being done - and wondering how tight it had to be for Zo to avoid the used parts of her hair to move anymore - Omen got closer and poked them slowly a few times, whilst sniffing them, unsure if there was something special about them already. Seemed like nothing strange and magic like were going on yet, but then again, he did say to turn them to fire, or the night sky before. Whatever the deal were, likely had to wait until one of those situations got into play for her to see.

"They are shiny. Shiny is good."

Considering she didn't have any saddlebags or the like, Omen had two options to carry these. One of them involved straight up eating them, but it just didn't seem right for some reason to do here. So she went with option two, and had a good meter of her soft, prehensile tongue exit her muzzle, and wrap itself a few times around the clasps/strings of the necklace, to give her a good grip, and then keep them both hanging like this in front of her, ready to be carried along.

"We go to them now, yes?"

====================================================================================================================

@Scar @Widdershins

"Hate clouds your judgement, and makes you rash. Mistakes will happen like that. The kind which costs life. Better to harness patience and build influence, so they can't discredit you, and nopony dies pointlessly."

It sounded like this mare wanted something akin to a democratically chosen leader, or popular choice monarch of some sort at least, though there seemed to be a lot of details she hadn't thought about when it came to this. Perhaps if Smokey could help inform her as time went on, he might have a functional revolutionary that could be worth the time to follow, and they'd end up with the people themselves choosing whatever or not the princesses should lead, and if so, what changes they'd have to make. Yet this would be a long term plan taking at least a decade, which might be too slow for this mare, though yet again, if the recklessness caused somepony to die pointlessly, it would be over. The mare's credibility would end, and her status as a simple terrorist cemented.

Still, his talk on this right now were half hearted and uninterested, as the more pressing matter at hoof were the voice that had come, and the implications of it.

"Beware the hallow sands."

He said this, then waited a few seconds and pulled on a door, finding it to be even tougher to open than before, and let out a defeated sigh.

"He's a draconequus who blew up here. We haven't found all the pieces yet, and it looks like nopony is leaving until we do. Guess there's no point in waiting any longer."

With that., he started to go down the hallway where Rose and the others were, with his head hung somewhat low. This were going to be a long night.

And speaking of Rose, she grabbed the vase tighter and harder this time, to make it stop the irritating game of spinning it had going.

"A draconequus, of course. It better not be the one of you who meddled with my garden."

She were still bitter about what Anomaly had done, and were slow to forgive this sort of thing.

=====================================================================================================================

@Kaze Yousei

Velvet would find that though Briar's eyes remained closed, he wouldn't have an issue following and not wandering into things. He wandered steadily with Brittle in tow, and as they approached the flowers that had been mentioned, would halt along with the gardener/aspiring chef.

"If you do find yourself in the area of Ponyville, might I recommend that you attempt to visit the zebra mystic, Zecora? She is an absolute delight, and have helped many to see things clearer, and guide their path. Myself included I might add. The Apple farm is also quite the experience, and among the better of their farms that I have encountered throughout my travels."

Floating ten bits from his necklace towards the nearest surface he could feel out, Briar would gently put them down, and let go off their aura.

"As for the price, you should be paid what they are worth. Surely it cannot have been an easy job, and a simple change in most popular fashions is not an excuse I will hide behind to not pay you what you are due."

Getting closer to the flower, Briar would tentatively, halfway open his eyes and look on them with emerald colored, slit pupils, like you'd see in a snake, for a few seconds before shutting them again and holding a hoof to his head.

"Earth mother be praised, it is not as harsh as it once were, but there is still a long road ahead. I can hardly compare this with the limited things I have seen with any degree of fairness, but the flower looked fresh, and vibrant. You take great care of them, yes?"

======================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"So she got what she aimed for. I suppose some good happened to her after all then."

Sickle let out a small sigh and gathered her thoughts. There were a lot to explain here, yet she felt that perhaps it were best to try and keep it as simple as possible, and then hope that she didn't start to ramble. Surely their great savior had better things to do than to hear her give off their entire family history.

"I will try and explain. Mother were the towns official moss farmer for the last fifteen years before she wandered away, but in her younger years, and spare time as she grew older, she functioned as a medium. She would communicate with the spirits and learned how to calm them, sometimes even force them to the next stage, instead of lingering. In Harrowmark, where the dead tend to rise more than once, this were a great asset. It marked her as one of the towns protectors in a sense, though she tried not to overdo things, to not get unwanted attention from Twisted.

Working with the damned so much, she feared death, and what she herself would end up as, so she took a risk. Grabbing the cursebox wherein her father had once trapped a terrible monster's essence, and said she'd bring it as an offering to a lesser wilderness wizard that she thought could prolong her life. Not a trade without risk, but in Harrowmark, nothing is free. If you want something, you offer something of equal or greater value to the other, and the wilderness witches loves to have their minions.

I don't know what happened after that exactly. Just that she returned later, about thirty years younger, without the box.

She told me that the one she had sought out were but an empty husk when she got there, and that Twisted instead had offered her a choice. To get the time he had just taken, along with more to come under his apprenticeship, or be reduced to the same state and funneled to one of his projects. He were always a cruel, patient one that preyed on others in their weakest hours... He knew she couldn't say no.

It hurt at the time, but I don't blame my mother for taking the deal anymore. I know she were afraid, and that the alternative were far, far worse. I just hope he haven't broken her completely over the last fifteen years."

The way her eyes shifted to the side to avoid his gaze as she were done, and the uncomfortable way she stood, would however, also make it clear for anyone that knew how to read others, that she were hiding something about all of this. There were certainly implications as to what the offering that had been given to Twisted could have done, but there were likely more too this.

That, or Harrowmark made you paranoid, and she were just uncomfortable speaking about her mothers darkest hour. It depended on who listened in, and what their thoughts on things were.

====================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hey, I don't lumber the muscle bird 'round to carry my wagon. That's mine. But it's a darn pain in the flank to try 'n fight when that's stacked on ya,and sometimes I have to deal with looters. Easier to have some muscle with ya. 'Sides, I'm a pegasi. We got hollow bones in exchange for flying. It sorta limits what kinda thing we're able to carry. We ain't dragons after all. Those buggers got all the good stuff, whilst I get broken like a twig with enough pressure."

Bit of a chip on her shoulder there, but honestly, could you blame her? She couldn't lift too much compared to say an earth pony, or her bones would break. But on the other side of the pond, those darn dragons could lift all they wanted, be strong fliers, and live for millennia. If it weren't for their behavior, they could've easily been the superior species practically everywhere.

Spicy would follow the wagon closely as they wandered along, and hope that she weren't being led into some sorta trap. Potentially just so that Ruby could have a right ol' laugh on her behalf. Somehow, Spicy could imagine that'd tickle her funny bone.

=================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Lyriel let out a sad sigh from hearing what Nada had to say.

"Much seems to have been taken by them. We can only hope to rebuild what were once lost, perhaps starting with this."

She knelt down and scooped a small cup's worth of dirt up with her hooves, and examined it intently.

"This place still brims with life. If you will allow me the time over the next few days, I believe I could make this place flourish with grass, have the lake cleaned, and remaking the stage. I think I may need the help of Nerzhei for this though, and she is dreadfully bus. It is why I ask of a few days, just to be safe. Would that be okay?"

"Hey, that the dragon chick in the funny clothes grumbling about her headaches, right? She swung by the coffee shop once and got a large cup of Orange Zest Cappuccino to go, and a slice of carrot cake for the little rascal on her shoulder. Seemed like a strange pair, and I sure think she never tried coffee, but heh, perk of having the highest ceiling of any diner in Ponyville. We get all the tall customers."

@Blitz Boom Serenade is still on the poolside chaise, she's on her back, front legs in the air and fully in her siren form. She's humming discordantly, and as soon as Ziggy gets close she reaches out, wraps her front hooves around the flying Zegasus and pulls her into a massive Siren cuddle. "hehehe....Ziggy...." It honestly sounds like Serenade is drunk.

@Blitz Boom

"You say the gifts are shiny now but wait till you see the surprise when you get a chance. I guarantee it will be even shinier! Haha!"

Zo let out a hearty laugh before coughing up a storm, spiting out something to the side and taking some deep breaths to regain composure. He hadn't had quite the good laugh in some time but that little side effect didn't sound too good. Probably his throat feeling a little dry, something easily taken care of. Once the gifts were finished, he set aside his tools into a little corner away and led Omen to the exit. Coincidentally, three knocks were heard on the wood panels outside and a voice called to them inside. Omen would find her question immediately answered. 

"Grandfather? Omen? I'm back! Is now a good time?"

"Of course! Come in, have a look at what we got here."

Lin, having returned from her foraging with her saddlebags full of food and other supplies, walked in and the sight of the necklace and cuff held by Omen caught her attention. She dropped everything she was carrying and took a closer look, though not picking the items hanging from Omen's tongue. It is clear she is enamored and impressed by the work, silently admiring the design and the gemstone that brought the whole piece together. 

"I didn't think I'd ever see these! A star sapphire and a fire ruby? These are incredibly rare, even small gemstones of their type are notoriously difficult to come across. Thank you, both of you. I'm sure Sen will love these!"

The younger longma pulled Zo and Omen close to hug them, nuzzling both in the cheeks before letting go. She hasn't sported a wide grin in a very long time but seeing just how happy Lin is, the elderly artisan couldn't help but look back when she was much younger and full of life. Despite being sheltered a lot, barely paying the other children attention and mostly spending her time with Sen, seeing that smile warmed his aging heart. Definitely going to make his dreams a lot sweeter when he goes to bed later in the evening. 

@Blitz Boom

"Well, if you're sure..." She mumbled, "Then why don't we head out. I'm just dropping by super quick." She said, trotting along the way until they reached a small store filled to the brim with pet food, toys, et cetera.

"Hello there, Ma'am- oh! Mariposa, it's just you. How may I help you today?" The mare at the desk questioned.

"Oh, I just need some food." She answered, suddenly pausing and turning around to face the spider and his owner.

"What about you, sir?" She asked, "Jelly, does he need anything?"

@Moondancer & @Blitz Boom

The Future is the Present, as is the Past yet to be.

Change while inevitable, is yet un-

The floating, disembodied voice halts suddenly at the sound of Smokey's retreat. It pipes up again more shaky, unsure and a lot less dramatically resonant.

W-whoa there! Uh, Smacky, is it? I'm still in the same building then?!

Look, help a being out? I can only hear y-you & if you walk away... don't leave me! I dunno what kind of omnipotent being you think I am, but I can't exactly poof out if I don't know where I am or my relation to anything else!!

Look! I'll grant you a wish! I can do that; I'm a Wishgranter! You want Power?!!?

I give you power! Mortals love power!!

-_-

A  ways away, the tiny, likely dollar store-bought vase* easily raises to Rose's touch without much more of a fight. Still quavering, seemingly with rage now, the tinny voice chimes out again.

Look, you over-bearing  {Incomprehensible Word}**  !! Get over your misdirected frustrations of unrequited love for your employer & get me OUT OF THIS THING! You think I want to be wedged in some mass-produced bauble!??! I sure must be a threat to you within basic-model Decoration!

@Cathorse Catbus

Enthusiastically engrossed in his own talking, as most who have to spend prolonged acquaintance with Widdershins quickly notice, the draconequus continues.

Of course, that's cooking the old-fashioned way! What with the stirring & physically acquiring physical cooking utensils and following "Recipes" what with your actual, working body parts. But, I find myself to be just an absolute MiracleWorker with PANCAKES!

Ya like pancakes?! Most everybeing does!!

*Because, among a great many other things, cheap bargain stores with doubtful intent towards customer satisfaction are a universal constant.

** One of the few benefits to being an interdimensional traveler is having a colorfully expansive dictionary of curse words. If you were wondering, it sounded like raw peanuts being hammered into a coffee grinder. A rather judgmental sound.

Edited by Widdershins

@Widdershins
This time Cerberus actualyl understood what Widdershins was saying, or at least he assumed he understood, but just in case he decided to focus on the question "Of course I  do, especially if there's catnip on it....I eat catnip, if that wasn't clear, but I don't get weird like normal cats do." "Though it makes everything good so it isn't really related pancakes.." "yes, the answer is yes."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Blitz Boom
Ruby just exhaled sounding bit amused at Spicy's response, and secretly smiled after Spicy unknowingly praised her by praising her kind, even if she probably was talking about the Equestrian kind. Ruby wasn't planning any traps for Spicy, but that didn't mean she wouldn't give a bit of inconvenience in form of aiming for any puddles,wet mud, or anything else that would feel gross or weird to somepony who didn't expect them , though she made sure she could easily aim for them without it seeming she was actually aiming for them on purpose. She of course didn't do it from malice, she just wanted to amuse herself with Spicy's possible reactions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Go ahead and take your time." Nada responded with a smile after there was silence she could use without interrupting "Though I'm not sure if this can be used to its original purpose because...well, it's in the forest, and what I have seen this is pretty dangerous forest." "It wouldn't necessarily help with the opinion about me if I started leading ponies in a dangerous forest, assuming I get far enough for that even be an option." even though it was a statement, her tone was such that it was clear she was asking the other two for their opinions about her observation. 

On 7/31/2019 at 5:22 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Velvet would find that though Briar's eyes remained closed, he wouldn't have an issue following and not wandering into things. He wandered steadily with Brittle in tow, and as they approached the flowers that had been mentioned, would halt along with the gardener/aspiring chef.

"If you do find yourself in the area of Ponyville, might I recommend that you attempt to visit the zebra mystic, Zecora? She is an absolute delight, and have helped many to see things clearer, and guide their path. Myself included I might add. The Apple farm is also quite the experience, and among the better of their farms that I have encountered throughout my travels."

Floating ten bits from his necklace towards the nearest surface he could feel out, Briar would gently put them down, and let go off their aura.

"As for the price, you should be paid what they are worth. Surely it cannot have been an easy job, and a simple change in most popular fashions is not an excuse I will hide behind to not pay you what you are due."

Getting closer to the flower, Briar would tentatively, halfway open his eyes and look on them with emerald colored, slit pupils, like you'd see in a snake, for a few seconds before shutting them again and holding a hoof to his head.

"Earth mother be praised, it is not as harsh as it once were, but there is still a long road ahead. I can hardly compare this with the limited things I have seen with any degree of fairness, but the flower looked fresh, and vibrant. You take great care of them, yes?"

"I do indeed. This particular one wasn't doing very well 'til I got to it. It wasn't responding to the old fashioned way, so I used my healing touch on it. I think this one might be appropriate for you and Brittle. To represent the care you give her." Velvet said with a smile. He put his heart into these plants, as much as he did the meals he prepared at home. And he was prepared to part with one he'd cared for for so long if it went to these ponies and brought them joy.

"I'll keep your recommendations in mind for vacation spots. I'm looking forward to getting a change in scenery for a bit, actually."

@Emerald<3

Jelly shook her head at the question, though her eyes wandered around, curious as to what were in here.

"Gary doesn't really like pet food unless there's nothing else. He likes to chase his prey and munch on them."

Gary rose his two front legs, though they still barely poked out of the filly's mane.

"Great hunter."

"Usually we just go around and I find him some areas with bugs when he's hungry. Though I keep some crickets in a terrarium. If the weather is bad or something, I let a few of those out at home and he starts chasing them. Usually he catches them before they escape."

Boy, what would they say if she could understand them? Likely wouldn't be something nice, though in her fairness, she did treat them well when they weren't food sources. They got a good terrarium, with food, light, water, and whatever else they needed, and it wasn't all that often she had to pull any of them out, so usually it were days or weeks between they ever had to fear anything.

Though... Gary did like to sometimes sit in front of the glass and poke his fangs gently against the side for a couple of minutes. She weren't surer why exactly, but her daddy tended to say that from his experiences, any creature usually only did that to mess with others heads.

"Bet I'll be back here some other day though, to get some comfy stuff for Gary, or cricket stuff. You have a really nice store miss."

Jelly looked up at the mare behind the counter and grinned widely. They were gonna see her more here over the years, that were for sure, and she liked to be friendly, so she might as well start this off by complementing what did seem like a great store. Perhaps next month when the crickets were supposed to lay eggs, she'd get back here for an extra terrarium they could hatch in, before she let them outside? She'd have to ask her daddy, since her old one had a broken side glass after it got damaged in the move here, but hopefully she'd be okay with it.

As for what Mariposa came for, Jelly would follow and be ready to help with what were asked of her, like getting something from a high shelf, or carrying something perhaps. They'd see what sort of assistance she could best provide.

=======================================================================================================

@Moonlit

Ziggy happily returned the snuggle hug as she were being pulled in sorta like a teddy bear.

"Somepony's food drunk, hehe."

There were probably another, more medical term for it, but it just fitted better to call it this in her head. Serenade must have really gone at it with some good food if she had reached this point of sated bliss, but admittedly, from what she had tasted herself, Harmony were a good cook. The stuff there had been mighty tasteful. Heh, they might come back to find a ball of fur with a tail attached after Fah'lina ate too much.

It wouldn't be that bad honestly. Fah'lina would be on a high shelf munching on a crab she had dragged away from the table after she had initially finished eating, and slept next to it for a few hours to give her digestion some time to go through what she had eaten. There were a bit of a belly still, but her metabolism were substantial. What were there, wouldn't stay there for that many more hours, unless she went through another food frenzy. She wouldn't right now though. She had gotten satisfied enough for today, and just wanted some more crab to nibble on because it were tasty.

Meanwhile, back with Ziggy, she looked up at the huge, drunky siren, as best she could considering the position Serenade had dragged her into.

"Your mom and I have looked at baby pictures. You looked So adorable as a tiny, pudgy siren filly! Just wanted to drag you out of the pictures and squeeze your little cheeks for hours. *giggles*" 

===================================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"...Couching is bad, yes? You are sick?"

Even now, embraced by lin as she were, Omen's first response were towards Zo. In her defense, she did raise a hoof and try to join in on the embrace best she knew how, but it were still a strange, weird thing that she needed toget used to for it to not be as mechanical as it currently were, and her focus were mainly still on the elderly longma, rather than her happy friend/sibling.

Yet, Omen were an observer with a curious, hungry mind. She saw something new or interesting, and it tended to take precedence, like now when Zo seemed to not be doing all that well. Or rather, before, as right now, he seemed to be doing like he were before Lin entered the room. Perhaps he had gotten something stuck in his throat? She had often heard variations of other creatures saying that they got something stuck on the way down, or a frog in the throat - which she later learned were not as literal as she had first expected, at which point she had spat out four of them - and they started to couch from it. She hadn't been through that herself before, but then again, she didn't need to breathe, and she could eat basically anything, so it wasn't something she were made to go through. If it could get into her muzzle, it would go down. Sort of like a snake, but with less bone breaking.

"Perhaps something in your throat?"

She'd try to reach a hoof over to pat Zo on the back, as she had also seen others do when they got to coughing hard, though if that made a difference, or if she could even reach him, remained to be seen. She were just trying to both understand and help.

"Lin? What do longma do when they are sick? medicine? Strange magic? Eat stuff, like big dragons? Master Discord drank the clouds when he said he felt bad. Does that work?"

She'd get to the things she were carrying around eventually. There were just this thing that occupied her mind more right now, and if Zo were ill, they had to focus on that, yes? Other creatures said it were important, before they got worse, and Sen and Lin would surely not be happy if Zo got really bad, since he were their family, correct? Best to help him then.

@Scar @Widdershins

"We gathered up what we could find of you a few days ago, and put it in a jar. Let me find it, and I will return soon."

It were really close actually. In his room to be exact, which were unlocked easily enough by a key around his neck. Unfortunately the defense system combined with what were likely an anomalous effect from Widdershins' reawakening, were messing with this door too, which made it a pain in the flank to get into. Then when he did, he'd go into the corner closet, and unlock a large box covered in enchanted chains. Which lead in to another box chained the same way, with another one inside that. Inside That box however, were a blue glowing, crystal statue of a female draconequus of undetermined origin. A priceless, unbreakable artifact that he had found, which weren't possible to steal due to some heavy enchantments keeping it in the mansion. Also sadly the thing where most of the essence of Widdershins had seemingly been drawn to. *sigh* Hopefully he wouldn't break this  somehow when he got collected.

He's get back to the door and either be out soon, if holding Widdershins' main essence collection in his possesion did something, or it would be ten minutes of roughing up the door, to the point where he almost considered trying to blast a hole through it. The magic thing in the hall before though, made him convinced that was a bad idea. Also, he wanted to focus what energy he had into the task at hoof, rather than test magic.

Once he got back to the others, no matter the time, he would tentatively hold it towards the painting.

"Are part of you in this?"

Further inside, Rose got a blush on her face and started shaking the vase a little with a scowl on her face.

"H-Hey! I don't care about the vase, just don't mess with my garden. And don't go telling Smokey about... That. At all! It's our business, not yours."

Stupid draconequui meddling around her head and seeing what she felt for her cousin... He didn't have the right to do that. Not at all.

"Come on. We'll mesh you into the statue like the rest of you. And again, keep your spectral yap shut about Smokey. I am more than capable of getting him myself."

With that, she picked up the vase, and started to head towards the others. Smokey would know what to do with this exactly, though she swore, if this creature tried anything, she were smashing this vase into a wall. And by Celestia were she going to hope it hurt him if it came to that.

=====================================================================================================================

@Kaze Yousei

Briar chuckled at the phrasing the stallion used. A healing touch when it came to flowers. Certainly a fun little way to say that one had a flair with plants.

As he exchanged the bits for the flower, Briar would gently attach it to Brittle's mane, so that it would be placed near her forehead and give the dear thing some color, without ruining the stem or roots (if they were there) so that he could have it thrive more, after some modifications later. Brittle had a small smile on her face in the process, but didn't know how to respond to this. She still weren't used to be given things, or treated nicely, and even though this were a small thing, it felt substantial to her. She just weren't sure how to respond to it for a few seconds after he were done, and beamed down at her with that big, toothy grin of his. A friendly face, and a reminder that if predators were to come, she had an apex predator of her own to protect her. A calming presence to her.

"...T-Thank y-you..."

"No problem dear. I shall ensure that this flower remains alive once I apply a small container for the roots, and feed it of my essence. My own healing touch one could say, heh.

If I may ask you something, sir? Normally I would assume the wording were nothing special, but this flower truly seems rich and vibrant. Are you a sorcerer of some kind? I have been far and wide in this world, and met ponies with no horn who have harnessed magic regardless, and this does remind me of a few who called themselves druids. Of course, you do not have to answer if you do not wish to, though I can assure you that if that is the case, I will not tell tales of it. Everyone have the right to some privacy after all."

======================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Ruby would find that though the first few times Spicy had just gone into a puddle, it had first just amused her, and even as it went on and she got more annoyed she had acted pretty regularly for a pony, with weak phrases and curse words that were so neutered it'd make a real tough one cringe.

But after the first half dozen times the floodgates started opening up, and some far more explicit, creative, and downright vile words and phrases started to go into use. Including certain draconic words that were best not translated, though they really lost something in said translation as well, so she went with this in the original tongue she had heard it in. Same with some of the others, with a certain griffon one sounding like a pigeon being dragged through an air vent full of sand paper.

"Okay, you had your fun, but gosh darn it, this here's starting to get old ya nitwit. Mind cutting this pledge week sorta toss right out, or do I have to start some fires before it gets through that I don't appreciate being both blind And dirty?!"

Understandably, she did not sound too amused right now, which considering most of the bottom half of her body were a mess, shouldn't be much of a surprise for a mare who cared about her appearance. Soon as she had gotten fixed, she were heading straight for a bath, wardrobe change, and depending on if Ruby kept this up, a gosh darn flail!

=================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, the folks in Ponyville aren't too thrilled going into the forest without some of them guides we have started to get recently, that's setting up business and selling a protected tour through the area. Got some animals out here who really want to keep trying to set their teeth in us."

"Most here does not like the relationship either. The critters fear being trapped and made into pets, whilst the predators have seen you as easy meals, yet keep finding themselves with the long nose. I am trying what I can to bring them together, to agree on a peace treaty with the ponies, which may serve to if not create harmony, may at least result in both parties agreeing to not chase or bring harm to the other.

Still, it is a slow process. The smaller ones have only the fear of imprisonment, and I think that with the reverence the speak the name of Fluttershy, if she delivers a promise that they can mingle, yet remain free, their minds can be swayed. The predators are prideful and stubborn though, especially the timberwolves. I have found some who are willing to humor the thought of both parties not being after one another, yet their alpha remains reluctant to even met me, and if I cannot convince her, then none will truly follow.

Yet, I harbor hope that one day, beings from far and wide will be able to find a peaceful forest, which they may thread without incident to go hear Nada perform. Perhaps I can arrange for this place to be mended, and when that day come, show you what we have made of it?"

Lyriel directed this towards Nada, with a pleasant smile upon her face. She did not show the same overenthusiastic face that ponies tended to when she were happy, but her eyes should convey that she were indeed pleased with how things were going. She were just more down played and calm in her joy than a typical equine.

@Blitz Boom

Mariposa smiled as he talked, nodding along to show that she was listening. She frowned as she scanned the shelves, "Hm..." She mumbled, "Guess they must be out of it today. How unfortunate..." She sighed, "But I can't have the spiders eating the other bugs, now can I?" She sighed, clearly talking to herself. 

"Ma'am?" She piped up, "Do you know when you are gonna restock your lizard food? I really need to feed my spiders, they can get really grumpy if they don't eat for too long." 

"Oh, well I'm sorry, but we just ran out. We should have new flies by tomorrow, though. Say, can't you just have your spiders eat your other insects?"

"Absolutely not." She said sternly, "That would upset the balance I have already set for them."

"And we wouldn't want that now, would we?"

Mariposa just shook her head in defeat and trotted out of the store, "I'm heading home. I hope my friends aren't mad at me..."

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

At this moment quite frankly the thief had no idea what was going on. Her entire plan of simply raiding this mansion had failed. A part of her of her wanted to simply run away. A part of her also wanted to grab that vase and get whatever was inside's favor. Though whatever was happening also seemed rather dangerous. She had no idea what was going on and so proceeded to run towards the doors, and hide by them for now. Then, she began thinking about the future course of action.

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"She was ... definitely a monster. I see that now," Dawn nodded, sitting down opposite the irate dragon. She curled her tail around her hooves and she looked at him neutrally. "She hasn't taken care of me in a while, so you don't need to worry about her coming home anytime soon."

@Widdershins & @Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight wasn't sure what to make of the ... pony. She figured it was a pony judging by the flank but the giant flower head thing wasn't doing it any favours. "It looks like it's a puppy in the way it acts. It also seems ... friendly? At the very least, it's not leaping at us or attacking us. But ... I think we should refrain from harming it. This isn't a tatzlwurm but a combination of a pony and tatzlwurm," she told Cherish and Last with a shiver before fully facing Last Stand. "I don't even want to know how it was created. Don't harm unless it attacks and if it does, then harm it enough to render it unable to attack further. Is that alright?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I got accustomed to eating meat. Griffins don't really have anything in the way of vegetables," Aurora chuckled nervously. "If you don't mind, I think a bit of beef jerky will be alright," she added and sheepishly grabbed a couple strands of beef jerky from where Happy had pointed them out before munching on them.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"Sorry, I got too wrapped in the vision to notice or hear anything else," Karmic sighed. She looked up at him as she started down the tunnel and then over her shoulder once she was a couple of steps away. "I think this was her home at some point. Or at least the Changeling Atzy is based off of. She doesn't know how she came to be. The first thing she remembers was me releasing her and then latching onto me."

@Blitz Boom

Zo had started with his breathing exercises, slowing it down once his coughing fit has passed. It is refreshing to hear concern for his health but it has been years since he last heard it. If it were anyone else but the local healer, it would be more of an annoyance. Now, it is somewhat better coming from an outsider he could trust. Lin says Omen is like family, might as well start treating her like it. 

“Bah! Nothing to be concerned about. My throat’s just dry, that’s all.”

“See the healer. That’s what anyone in the village does when they’re sick. Like how sick ponies go to the doctor.” Lin turned to Omen, replying as she let go of both her and her grandfather. She dusted herself off and picked up her saddlebags. Fortunately nothing spilled out from dropping it, the thing was packed and filled to the brim with food and supplies. 

“The healer will provide mixtures of herbs for any known illnesses but unlike pony doctors, that’s about as far as our knowledge goes. No machines or magic, just traditional methods."

“Don’t need to go! Healer will just tell me to drink a mixture of dawn lotus petals and ginger anyway. I’m better off drinking water if that’s the case.”

“Fine, but if it gets worse, go and see the healer.”

The elderly longma went around the back of the workshop to grab some water from a container he keeps nearby. Lin wasn’t going to aggravate the situation further considering the growing irritation coming from Zo’s voice. Frankly, it is normal to sometimes hear that kind of tone coming from him but knowing that it could potentially be a button that would be pushed if he really is sick, then it will be tougher to get him to admit it. 

Right now, it would appear as if the situation is under control and there is nothing to worry about. Lin and Omen could leave as all their business in the village is concluded. However, the younger longma will wait for a minute or two to make sure her grandfather is fine. This would be a good moment for Omen to interject and explore around the village some more if she wished but if not, they are pretty much ready to leave. 

@Blitz Boom Serenade doesn't respond, as she's fallen asleep, with Ziggy in her forelegs. She's gone from Food Drunk to Food Coma. She mumbles something, something that sounds like 'mommy, make the candy cane pone stop talking', but....that could be the wind playing tricks on Ziggy. 

A pair of yellow eyes peer out from the hedges near the bayside. Then the soft pitter-patter of hoofs on tile.

@Blitz Boom

A story.  A dark story by any standard a pony from Equestria could imagine.  A tale of a tender of the dead who then began to fear death as well.  A land where death takes on a new life of its own until a pony can help them move on.  What pony wouldn't develop such fears with the kind of job like that.  And all that with constantly having to keep in the back of their mind that any display of magical potential made one a target for the dark wizard.  But when one is borrowing power to handle a degree of time magic, it wasn't that hard to understand Lily's plight.  In the end, she came out on top, having been reverted to her early years and subsequently freed from the dark wizard.  A second chance at life as it were.  It was going to take a lot of reprogramming to erase the horrors she's both witnessed and performed the last fifteen years.

What the detective found most interesting was this box Gloom mentioned.  A box that contained... something that was worth it enough to reward the mare with not only time back to her old life, but to take her under his apprenticeship.  Some sort of creature imprisoned in a box that the family then kept?  And not just buried in the deepest depths of the planet or tossed into the nearest volcano.  Gloom's body language after telling her little tale was hard not for the detective to miss.  Luckily Minty was too busy cutting herself some more bite sized delights to decorate her platter with to notice much.  The Captain didn't get to often play detective in her position and would often jump horn first into such a chance to try her hoof at it.  The older daughter was hiding something, but for the moment Rising Dusk didn't give much indication of knowing other than a slow blink.  Not that he'd give up asking.

The sound of terrible and monster mixing with the fact it was in Twisted's position gave the unicorn a small ear twitch.  "Monster inside of a box?  I don't suppose it would happen to be a creepy shadow monster needing to be kept suppressed in a barn of eighteen Eth runes set in a Quasilateral Quintessence configuration?" the detective inquired, not exactly putting the best filter on his magic talk.  Even Minty gave him a wide eye look, evident that she didn't understand a word he said, but didn't want to act like she did.  For appearance sake, just focusing on her bite sized dishes.  Of course though he was recalling in perfect detail the shadow monster him and Thistle ran into in the swamp barn while looking for Twisted.  A creature Rising couldn't fight with the limit supplies he brought with him, or the spell list to deal with it.

@Emerald<3

Jelly followed Mariposa outside, soon as she left the store. It was a right bother that she hadn't been able to find what she came for, but if she understood things right, perhaps she could help?

"You feed them flies? I know where to find lots of those. Daddy doesn't know, but I've been sneaking around town to find some good insect places, and there was this place with all the stinky cheese smells. Lots of flies there."

"Flies tasty. Hard to catch."

Gary wasn't the biggest fan of flies, as they were good at avoiding things, and since he didn't hunt via web normally - though he at times spat some at prey if it got too annoying for him - it made them into great prey. Some of them were also pretty rude towards him, which just made it that much sweeter when he caught a few now and again.

@Moonlit

Well then, this were another one of those interesting situations where Ziggy couldn't really do anything.

This wasn't the first time that Serenade had a big ol' siren grip in the zegasus, even if this was probably the first resulted from overeating, and in each of the cases, Ziggy had found that just like now, she couldn't get loose. She were basically the teddy bear of a large creature, to which she were more or less glued to until Serenade wanted it to be otherwise. Not the worst situation to be in really, but with her energy levels getting back towards normal, Ziggy had a hard time not wriggling around a bit, as being still for too long like this weren't easy for her.

Hey, on the positive side, this didn't hurt, so her bones had to have healed up well. That had to count for something.

That they apparently had an onlooker though... Well, she saw some yellow eyes, and it didn't sound like a heavy one, so... A foal or something? She'd have to ask somepony. Nnngh. Soon as she could move that were.

@EQ_Theta

"...Longma families yells a lot. Like griffons."

The heated argument between Zo and Lin wasn't the first time that Omen had seen a longma up in a red zone due to family. Sen and Lin also had some episodes where their voices got up and they started to act strangely, though unlike griffons, she hadn't seem them hurt one another yet. That hadn't been too rare when it came to them, considered they tended to fight between one another a good deal, though Omen still weren't sure why. She had tried to send some around to stop it and see if they would then be happy to have her there, but that just led them all to yell at her instead, and she had taken off back to Mother. The old reaper had a hard time explaining why things had gone that way (especially as she wanted Omen to learn from things as best she could on her own) but from what Omen remembered, it had eventually boiled down to them fighting as a sort of greeting. Mother gave up explaining it further after that.

Dragons were pretty loud too, but there were also a lot of fire, and she looked like a pony. Even Omen had eventually understood that she wasn't welcome.

Looking towards Zo for a little while longer, Omen eventually returned her curious gaze towards Lin. Her sister were smart, perhaps she would know what to do here then?

"If he keeps coughing, take him to a herb place, yes?

Zebras I have seen does the same. Many herbs, used for strange things. Goes to drink potions when they are sick. Longma makes potions like them? Spells. Strange words. Rhyme?"

Whilst she had no luck finding Zecora, Omen had run into zebras before, who were actually kinda friendly. She just didn't understand anything they were on about, and nopony were there to tell her, so she had just flat out given up on asking things and just looked on for a few days until she naturally went away. Many strange things she got to see in the big hut with the giant cauldron especially, and now she were wondering if perhaps the longma had that too. They might not use magic, but zebras weren't unicorns. Their magic were made in these potions and elixirs according to what Omen had heard a teacher say in one of the pony schools before, so it were possible for other races to make these sorta things too, yes? Perhaps it would be educational to go and see how this herbalist house looked like.

"Can I see it one day? Curious."

@Dji @Widdershins

"If that if your order, your majesty."

Last weren't thrilled about this, but an order were an order, and for now, the princess had decided that it were best to keep cautious about this apparent abomination between pony and tatzelwurm, but not attack it. Considering what had just happened, this of course did not thrill the fanatical royalist who had just seen something chow down on a princess. Sadly, orders were orders, and it were her duty to follow the word of the princesses, even if this one were not the one she had sworn allegiance to.

So she lowered her blade to the ground and took a few steps back, yet making sure to stay in front of the princess. Something which would only change if Princess Twilight explicitly told her not to do that anymore, though hopefully she were smart enough to realize that this was all a matter of protecting her.

"Wait, this is what? But... No, that c-can't be right. How could a pony be made into... This?"

Cherish in the meantime, floated around the princess, completely baffled by what were going on. First the princess got munched on, then she still somehow figured it were best to ask her protective detail to stand down, and now, she were saying that this were some sorta hybrid creature? She did not wish to think the princess would lie, but this were starting to sound really strange, and if this creature still had the mind of a pony, pretty tragic too. Imagine being left on the face of Equestria like That. Sure, being dead wasn't a walk in the park, but at least she were still somewhat herself. That creature right there she couldn't see anything resembling an actual pony anywhere in its design. It just looked like some sorta giant plant dog at best, with an emphasis on giant.

@Dji

Happy shrugged and took a strip of beef jerky himself, though he didn't chow down just yet. Rather, he'd stand with it between two sharp fingers, and rotate it around a little.

"Y'know, back in the human world, I once considered being a farmer. Tending to the fields, raising cattle and sending off heaps to the butcher once the time were right. The whole, farmland experience. Then a pig bit me. That sorta left a grudge."

Chowing down on this too, he were honestly thrilled that he could not only eat sweets now, but meat as well! He hadn't tried meat since he were a hu-

Suddenly jerking to the side, he spat out the jerky he had in his mouth, and frankly looked like he were nearly gagging on it.

"Sweet peas on a stick, that got bad quickly. Urgh, guess there's too much equine in me these days to go beyond vegan stuff. Well ain't that a blow to the happy tune.

*sigh* Oh well, silver lining's that I can have some cake at least. I'll focus on the win here, though I bet there's gonna show some more wonky stuff sooner or later. Did when I smashed outta the egg, and this here's just the next chapter.

...Oh dangit, would I even... No, no, nevermind that. I'll save that for when we reach Thorax. Forget I said anything. So, how's the meat?"

Happy rambled a bit, but eventually got back to asking how Aurora were doing. Probably better than him, but heh, what else were new, right?

============================================================================================================

@Dji

"I would not find it surprising if she were once a true changeling. The world is a far crueler place than it sometimes lets on, and everyone seeks to gain an advantage. I would not put it beyond someone with the right magic and power to make a changeling into an invading goo, if it meant having said advantage. Potentially as a more stealthy way to overtake a figure of some importance, rather than the slow pace I were long ago told it took to convert a creature into a changeling? Perhaps there are answers further inside."

One thing that did seem to be further in at least, would be diamonds. There were barely a trace of them now, but at this point, he could see a few specks stuck in the walls, glittering from the passing torch light. It boded well that they may find what they sought if they kept on this way, yet he would reserve judgement for now. This whole thing had gotten strange enough to make him think that this cave would suddenly turn out to be more unpredictable than first expected. Had to be some reason why no animal resided in here, even with all this space to seek shelter.

=====================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Both Sickle and Wisp shook their heads when they were asked about the barn monster.

"I'm not entirely sure what the runes you're speaking about are, but no, that sounds more like a Bog Hunter. They're rare, horrible creatures that lures others off the road and devour body and soul, to add more to its twisted hivemind. Harrowmark have many times hunted them down, but somehow, there is always the same number of them. It is as if when one perishes, another rises to take its place somewhere in the country. Only solitude we have is that one will never spawn where another one is, and that it doesn't attack if we don't veer off the roads, so mostly we simply mark off the areas and make sure not to wander on our own, in case it moves to new grounds."

There were no records in the entire country about when these things had first been seen. They were just always there, with the earliest mentions possible to find describing them as one would a mountain, or a tree. A constant in the scenery that only needed come information about it, yet not where it had come from, and those dumb enough to look into it, rarely made it far.

Among the only things they did know though, where that somehow, they weren't responsive to usual necromantic control. They weren't creatures spawned out of death, or if they were, then it were of a variety far, far above the pay grade of even their most accomplished practitioners of the dark arts.

"And unfortunately, I can't tell you what were in the box. My grandfather passed away before I were born, and mother refused to ever talk about what were in it. Only she knows what were in there, why it held so much value to Twisted, and why he did not just come and take it for himself, long ago. It is not as if he couldn't."

"𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕥𝕪𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕥. 𝔹𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤, 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀 𝕤𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤. 𝕀𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤, 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕪, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕝𝕪 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘.

ℍ𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕪, 𝕠𝕣 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕕."

Somehow, Thistle believed the second option more, as offering some of his own time seemed like a strange thing for Twisted to give, even if he had more than he had thought he'd ever get to use. Only one would know the answer currently though, and that were Lily. It seemed to be of some importance to get her to talk if they were to get to the bottom of these things eventually.

Yet, for now, it were still a festive time, as were evident a little further over where the diamond dog had jumped up on a table, and with a deep, booming howl, grabbed hold of a half dozen items, along with one tipsy mare, and started to juggle with the lot of them. The mare honestly seemed to get a real kick out of this, and from the looks of the laughing onlookers, this were probably safe. That, or the local brew were starting to really get to the head of them. Potentially a mixture honestly, as this still seemed wholly unsafe.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby smiled amused but her amusement wasn't noticeable in her tone "Honey, you make it sound like I'm doing it on purpose, it's not like I have made it out dry either." it was true, though she wasn't dirty, not that it would have bothered her  "But wish noted, I'll make the effort to dodge any puddles I see, but be prepared for sharper turns." she would then do as she said, including sharp turns, but that didn't mean Spicy wouldn't end up in few more puddles during the travel, after all, Ruby wasn't prefect...or well, she was, but she acted like she wasn't. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Like I said, go ahead, and even if eventually it ends up not being used, at least there would be something reminding me of the good old times." Nada responded, looking at the rock formation "I really appreciate all the help you both are willing to give me, it warm my heart to know that there's creatures out there who are willing to help others, and most importantly, it gives me hope that I may actually be able to stop hiding at some point." 

@Blitz Boom The pair of yellow eyes don't move from the spot, then a second pair, then a third then a fourth join. The patter of feet can be heard, then the sound of rustling and movement by the far hedge, the one closest to the door inside. Serenade yawns, and nibbles on Ziggy's mane. She rolls over and as she does, Ziggy is released from the huggy confines of the Siren.

@Catpone Cerberus

Catnip, you say?! Sure thing! One Catnip-flavored pancake coming right up!!

With a small poof like a thrown pillow, one of the returning stray cats gets a tiny, adorable collar of a ring of pancake around its kitty neck. Turning to Cerberus the draconequus asks.

Wait. Forgot that I don't know what a Catnip is. I assume it has something to do with cats?

~~~~~

@Dji

"Not like a pony could do anything to a dragon anyway." Kaltrop intones while sidestepping how prior experiences with the mare he was with now had previously gone. Nervously prodding a claw into the sofa he sat by, unaccustomed to indoor living and modern conveniences that ponies have had since his young age of having once been adopted by one temporarily, the drake warily asks Dawn.

"Remind me again why I came into this... oddly soft cave of yours?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Dji & @Blitz Boom:

Not sensing movement around its limited circle of perception, the Tatzelpony heaves itself up, its step shuddering the ground beneath it as it slowly lumbers... backwards.

In a direction chosen blindly, away from the group of adventurers, the bulky plant-beast waggles its head above the nearby bush hedges in the natural, simple instinct of a beast searching for another ray of sunlight to bask in. 

The wound still remains in the side of its thick, lower left head petal, slowly oozing out the plant fluid that would serve the purpose the group had came out here to search for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blitz Boom & @Scar

As Smokey lifts up his artifact a glittery, golden glow faintly illuminates both around his item and the still unmoving, golden framed aged painting. As he does so, Widdershins voice rings out once more.

In what?!!? Smokey? You still there?! Did you go somewhere?!!? 

I can't see in whatever I'm in!

@Blitz Boom

Lin was clueless about Omen’s remark on their interactions being similar to griffons. That and what griffons are. She never paid any mind to the hearsay about what these creatures are and thought it wasn’t useful to her objectives back when she wandered around Equestria. A surprise in itself because sooner or later, she would have probably run into one but never did. Omen probably didn’t know about other longma families as well; the only one she knows of is the one she is welcomed in and this current interaction between the olde and younger longma is the only thing that allows the comparison to be made. 

“Griffons really behave like us? Angry and confrontational all the time? This doesn’t happen too often, Omen. I’m just concerned about grandfather’s health. Yelling about it wasn’t necessary.”

“I don’t know what zebras are but we too use herbs for medicines. The healer knows what goes in them and what to mix, like those potions you mentioned. No spells or anything like them, just plants. Come to think of it, you did meet the healer a while back. Twice in fact. We can make a quick visit to say hello if you want.”

Omen likely wouldn’t remember the details but back when they first came to the village and looked for information on Solasan, they came across the healer. There was also a second encounter when the entire village was put under Legion’s spell and were set on capturing anyone who resisted. The healer was there again, one of those who didn’t succumb to Legion’s magic. 

Approaching old age nowadays, the sole village healer still practices her trade but this was the usual time to take in apprentices to help and one day, take over the role. As far as anyone was aware, there was no formal introduction between the healer and the Ki’Nathar. 

@Blitz Boom

That was rather surprising to learn for the detective.  The creepy shadow monster was just a regular occurrence in a land like Harrowmark?  Getting tourist to visit the dark country from Equestria was going to need to come with a safety briefing if creatures like this were just hanging out along the roads.  Sure the ponies of Harrowmark were use to and knew how to avoid them, but an unfamiliar visitor might not have the best of luck. 

Ultimately though, the mystery of the box appeared that it would remain so until he could ask Lily about it himself.  Or somepony else if the matter got to that point.  It didn't seem like this avenue of inquiry was what the mare was hiding, but the pushing of the topic didn't look like it would be fruitful.  If Gloom felt like sharing more with Rising Dusk, then it would come at another time.  Not that he wouldn't continue to keep note on her further behavior.  Comparing her story with what Lily might share could connect a few more dots for the detective.  Getting back to Equestria to solve store robberies or dispel curses would be a much needed break from the last few days.

Shifting his position he turned his attention to Thistle.  Opening up more possible leads to his inquiry that Wisp and Gloom couldn't.  A power trip of such things as making others openly beg, admit out loud or just willing give up their own freedom could be understood from a dark wizard.  Who also had lived so long that the mundane excitements were long gone.  But to reward a pony with returning time to them, seemed like something outside of a power trip if Rising was being honest.  Joining Thistle theory side in that Twisted didn't know enough about the box and just hit the jackpot of getting an apprentice who was afraid of death out of the deal as well.  "The fairy?" the unicorn whispered to himself.  No need to really inquire about it if Gloom already admitted to being kept in the dark.

Luckily a reminder that they were at a celebration helped the detective not pick up another case in a foreign land.  More interested in the events that just took place was the larger mare that had for the last few minutes been quietly eating her perfected sized meals.  Taking the display as the celebration's form of entertainment, her gold covered hoof clopped together with a metallic ring.  "Oh how marvelous!" she chuckled.  The type of entertainment of just a good old country party was something the higher class mare wasn't use to seeing.  Often taking the form of deep art theater or gatherings of stuck up other high society types, to get to witness something so simple and down to earth was a rare threat for The Captain to beyond.  Part of the reason she'd passed up invitations to the Grand Galloping Gala in favor a festival in Ponyville or Cloudsdale.  Always standing out way more than any pony around her.  You can take a pony out of the city... 

@Rising Dusk

Thistle, Wisp and Sickle turned to see the spectacle unfold, as the diamond dog had started to get more things thrown up to add to the increasing amount of things juggled, including mugs, rocks, and a straw hat, which he instead caught with his head, though it were so disproportionen that it barely kept on as he went along with his performance.

"It seems like Gregor is enjoying himself."

"You know him dear. Soon as the party starts, he does whatever he can to keep the laughter rolling in. Seeing how he isn't skimping out on the brew either, I imagine it won't be long now, before he begins to reenact one of his stories."

Gregor were a very festive type, on top of being one of Oaksbrook's defenders. Having him around tended to keep the spirit up, as well as making others feel secure as they went about their day. Especially during harvest season, when at least one of the scarecrows on the farms were bound to get possessed and start making issues. He had a field day jumping right into the fray and toy around with them for a time - once even dancing whilst avoiding being bitten for five minutes - before smashing them.

Of course, they could just stop having scarecrows up to avoid it, or make them less horrifying and dangerous, but then they'd just have the wicker creatures and critters steal the crops, along with basically inviting real horrors to hide in the field and snatch up workers. Having to wrangle a gang of dagger wielding straw monstrosities were the lesser evil compared to that, and frankly a pretty good show. The foals looked forward to it every year, which just encouraged Gregor to make more of a show out of it. One day they feared it were going to be the end of him, but for now at least, he remained intact and alive. Hopefully that'd last for a good while longer, and with Twisted out of the way, perhaps he could finally go out and meet some of his own kind to bring back to the area. They could really use a full pack, and he could most certainly use some company that wasn't on four legs.

"𝕀𝕤 𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕆𝕘𝕣𝕦𝕗'𝕤 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕤?"

"Not far as we know, High Priestess Thistle. He just showed up one day and settled in, but he doesn't like to talk of his past. Says there's enough to focus on in the present."

The priestess nodded slowly. She would have to ask this herself later, since she would like to meet one of Hammertail's descendants that wasn't just riding on his name, whilst generally being useless or overconfident to the point where one could see they wouldn't make it to old age a mile away. Even if he were to of this ilk, she might still ask some more about him on a less festive day. Knowing the towns defenders were important as long as she were still here, and being this close to where Twisted had been taken, it would serve as a good scouting point for a few good watchers, whilst she waited for the wheel to start spinning again.

"𝕎𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤. ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕕𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕕𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖, 𝕚𝕟 𝕔𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕪?"

"Seven technically. Grogar, myself, Fence Hopper, Blighteye, Soft Spoken, Bolt Singer, and -"

"Caramel Le Pourri."

Sickle pointed at a small, barely livable looking house where it seemed like three thirds of the house had been broken apart to ensure that the last fourth could be used as actual living quarters. The reason she mentioned this were that just as Wisp had started to speak of this, a pony had opened the door and stepped out with a large platter balancing on her outstretched wings, which most certainly got the attention of all the foals, who stopped their games and looked like they really wanted to rush over, but just didn't want to be the first. Soon as one little colt ran over there though, the rest followed troop, and intercepted the moss-green mare who seemed pretty much like the most well groomed creature in town.

Her faded-purple mane were puffy and went down to her shoulder blades, the tail were long and at the end, seemed to have the head of a silver-bladed sickle tied into the end of it, though it were carried high and close, so as to not accidentally strike someone wandering nearby. Around her waist, she had what at a distance seemed like a dress, but were in fact just an old school, leather apron, covered in a colorful amount of stitched on flowers made from rough yarn. She also appeared to be about a higher mid size pegasus, being roughly the height that one would get if they took the middle ground between Rising and Minty.

She delivered some thick, green and red sticks of some kind to the foals as they came around, with a big, closed mouth smile plastered on her face, and wouldn't move until each of them had gotten a piece. After that, she'd throw a piece into the juggling show, where Gregor caught it on top of his nose, and made it do a spin before chomping down.

After that, she'd come towards their group, and put down the platter in front of their guests.

"So I Did manage to catch our great hero in an awakened state. Oh, just look at you. All skin and bones, barely holding up. Tsk tsk, that simply won't do. Here dearie, one of my sweets are certain to pick you up and put a smile on that face. You want to look  your best for the adoring masses, hmm?"

She chuckled with a raspy laughter, and put down a piece of what would smell and taste like a crunchy bar of salty caramel, before pulling out a small bottle from beneath the apron and wrinkle her nose at it, before going back to retrieve one less green, and with a satisfied nod, would sprinkle some of it over the treat. It would be tasteless and without smell, and were it not for the dark specks, it wouldn't be registered by the one eating it at all.

"There's enough for everyone, but this one is just for you. I think you will find it invigorating."

The mare were incredibly friendly - unless someone tried to take the sweet made out to Rising, in which case she'd swat them with a wooden spoon she had near the platter, which would also go towards any magic user who started to feel grabby with their horns - and her part as a defender of the town did seem easy to spot, considering the sickle head on her tail, and how it appeared that her feathers had small knives tucked in between some of her feathers. The two outsiders though, should be able to see a thing that they could each point as being potentially interesting.

Minty would find that the mare's eyes were the same somewhat sunk in, glowing variety that had been seen on the wicker controller Scarlet had dealt with earlier, though this one's eye color were more green than his faded yellows.

Rising would instead likely bite more notice in a particular shrouding aura that seemed to cover her from being magically read or even felt out, potentially from some sort of powerful talisman enchanted in the right way to keep it, and her, out of view. It seemed that there were someone here who most certainly did not wish to be found by say, an evil wizard who tended to deliver all messages via magical means, and spy on the town at times using the same means. To that sort of scrutiny, she'd look like nothing more than just another part of the scenery, though with Rising's gifts, chances were that he could see the shrouding, where other magic users couldn't.

As for the treat, he'd find that it would pep him up if he were to try some, which she would insist, and that the more he ate of it the better he'd currently feel. It weren't healing wounds or mending his sore body, but it were a fairly good pain reliever and energy boost, that would at least make him a bit more secure on his legs, if again, he trusted her enough to try this.

@Moonlit

Mane nibbling too now? Well... Could she really blame Serenade for that? Ziggy looked like a giant, pony-shaped candy cane. She were probably delicious.

Thankfully it didn't go full on with trying to eat the zegasus, and she'd soon find herself free once Serenade rolled over. She also found that more eyes had shown, which could mean only one thing: Time to zoom over like a pink blur of lighting and poke her head into the bushes to see who it were!

"Hello, tiny creatures!"

They might not be tiny, but to be fair here, Ziggy were huuuuge, even compared to adult ponies. The odds were in her favor that these were smaller creatures. Here was hoping they didn't like to eat faces, though it might be a little late for that, seeing as her head were currently poking into the bush.

@EQ_Theta

On 8/4/2019 at 3:43 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Griffons really behave like us? Angry and confrontational all the time? This doesn’t happen too often, Omen. I’m just concerned about grandfather’s health. Yelling about it wasn’t necessary.”

“I don’t know what zebras are but we too use herbs for medicines. The healer knows what goes in them and what to mix, like those potions you mentioned. No spells or anything like them, just plants. Come to think of it, you did meet the healer a while back. Twice in fact. We can make a quick visit to say hello if you want.”

"Griffons fight. Yell sometimes too. I do not know if they are angry. Still a strange emotion to understand."

Whilst Omen had gotten a lesson in how to feel out her own anger when it sizzled up, she still had no idea how to identify it on others. These might have yelled at one another, but it could well have been a happy thing. Griffons fought and hurt another, then the next minute they were sharing the catch of the day and laughing at something. Omen just knew that the yelling reminded her of the feathery creatures, just with less punching and clawing, far as she remembered observing. Perhaps she had seen something like that in the memories that were gone? If there were, she would have to wait and see if they came back, or observe it happening again another time.

"Zebras rhyme, and say many strange things. Striped ponies with rings. Many around the neck. No horn, but they have strange magics and potions. Confusing creatures. I show you them one day, and you can understand? Smart sister will get it. Perhaps learn things?"

Tilting her head a little to the left, Omen eventually straightened up and started to take a few steps towards the outside, so that she could take Lin up on her offer to show her the healer. Omen had a lot of things here to catch up on, and though they had to get to Sen soon, time were a hard to grasp concept. Long as they were over at him within the next seven months or so, that would constitute pretty early in Omen's mind. Combined agelessness and lack of understanding what a clock was even supposed to do, made for a bit of an issue at times.

@Scar @Widdershins

"You're in a priceless artifact depicting an unknown female draconequus from ages past. For some reason, your essence were more willing to gather in this, than any other thing. Might be familiarity. I don't know and I don't really have the energy to care, with all due respect."

The statue showed off a creature somewhat humanoid in shape, with semblance to old depictions of faeries. However, she had four different wings - one of a raven, one of a butterfly, one a moth, and one of a phoenix - all rather large and similar in size. Her body looked as if it were stitched together from the bodies of forest animals into the shape of a human, with her hands mainly being birds of prey and wolf or bear from the looks of things.

Her dark hair flowed long and ended in several growths that looked like varied animal skulls, , and though the crystalline statue made it hard to be certain, it seemed as if her long, tattered dress were made of some sort of stitched together hide as well, though much like with her skin, no stitches were shown on the detailed statue. It were more as if the parts had melted together without leaving a mark.

Her narrowed, multicolored eyes were disturbingly detailed to a point where you could almost feel an insatiable hunger for destruction just by starring at the snarling face with the sharp teeth barely visible, which were something that Smokey actively tried to avoid, and focus more on the other features, such as her three tails - lemur to the left, squirrel in the middle, and the tail-feathers of some sort of blue bird to the right - wherein the version of Widders that talked might be right now, which would explain why he couldn't see anything.

Said draconequus might have a brief idea of who this depicted too, if he were to see the indestructible relic from the past. Parts of what made this draconequus who's name had been lost to the ages, were after all in who would be come to be known as Anomaly. The old draconequus of destruction, whom had risen from a massive forest fire that had razed the land and claimed many animals from nature, and whom had eventually been slain by her own kind, to stop her from destroying the playground that was their world. Didn't matter if she made new life rise from what were taken, destroying the toys of her own kind weren't something that had won her any favors.

=====================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah yeah, like you wouldn't get your jollies from this."

Spicy didn't buy that for a single second. Ruby's whole tone and the attitude she had seen before this, marked her as somepony who'd get a real kick of of seeing somepony else getting the short end of the straw. She were sure it looked fun, and perhaps if it had been the other way around, Spicy would've been having a great time from it too, but gosh darn it, she wasn't in the mood to see the funny side right now!

The trip on from this point were a pain in the rear, with Spicy basically having to cling to the wagon more often than not, but eventually, they'd get the great city of Canterlot in sight. What a view it must be, though Spicy couldn't even see the hole she were about to step into, so what did she know? Might be on fire or three hundred miles away for all she knew.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Of course I'm helping. We're pals after all, right?"

Berry grinned up at the siren and gave her a little friendly pat on the side with her hoof.

"I have not know either of you enough to claim a friendship, but from one outsider to another, I truly sympathize with the plight you must be going through Nada, and I wish to help you the best I can, to feel as welcome among others as I have recently become. To prepare you this sanctuary where you carry fond memories, is but the least I can do."

Lyriel smiled at the siren, and looked at both her and Berry. What a strange pairing they were to see, yet she felt pleased that they were here, and in such a great unity.  It might help to some degree that this pony were not... The most earthbound of the Earth Mother's children, to put it kindly, yet it were still a branch of acceptance, which hopefully would cause others to be more open-minded towards Nada. Lyriel may only have been alone for a few years, but she could still understand how solitude made one feel after a time, and just assumed that it were far worse for Nada, who had been by herself quite a bit longer. It were a tragic thought really, yet hopefully that time were now over for her.

"I may as well begin assessing how this place feel, and begin preparations. I wish you both a pleasant day, and may the Earth Mother's eyes gaze favorably upon you."

The dryad would bow deeply before them, before slowly turning to wander into the lake, and see how well it currently were.

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

The thief didn't do anything about what was happening. She could only hear the mumbling. She knew it could prove to be dangerous which is why she hid as far away as she could get. The doors didn't open, and so she would simply wait in hiding. Afterwards, depending on what happens, she might leave for good. It proved a nice distraction away from what she said, which likely went over those ponies heads. Perhaps she could leave for good, and go onto her original plans. After all, she didn't really need anyone.