Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom Five pairs of yellow eyes stare back at her, these eyes belong to five insanity-causing cute little fillies. They blink, acting like Deer caught in bright lights. They look at each other, then back to Ziggy or rather, past Ziggy and at Serenade who's rolled over. They look back at Ziggy....then bolt, straight for the patio door.

@Blitz Boom

“Striped ponies who speak in rhyme? They sound like fun. Their knowledge of potions might be help but maybe we could see them some other time. And don’t you worry about not understanding emotions all too well, it’s not an easy thing to learn about.”

Lin bade her grandfather farewell, the latter emerging from a corner of his workshop with a drenched mouth. Seems like that cough is taken care of for the moment but it would be better for everyone to keep their minds off of that. It may very well be nothing. The younger longer placed Omen’s gifts in her saddlebag and went on their way.

On the other side of the village lay a small herb garden. Rows upon rows of plants nestled near a running stream with an average-looking hut flanking it on one side. It wasn’t a long stroll away from the workshop and the first thing to catch the eye was a middle-aged villager limping away, a salve and bandage wrapped on one foot. The healer soon followed outside when she sees Lin and Omen approaching. 

“There you are,” the healer waved and gestured them to come closer. “I was wondering what happened to you two after you left. Good to know nothing terrible came about from that last spat with Solasan.” 

“We haven’t been properly introduced, Omen. I am Arenaria although everyone and their mothers simply calls me the healer. Are you in need of herbs or is this just a meet and greet?”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom
"I didn't say it doesn't amuse me, but getting amused by something doesn't mean you're the one doing it." Ruby simply pointed out, and that would be all she said about it, until of course Spicy said something worth responding to. When they got near to Canterlot, Ruby told about it "Canterlot is in seeing distance now, shouldn't take long until there." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada returned the bow "Thank you for everything."  she then didn't bother her any longer and turned to Berry "Let's leave her in peace so that she can focus on what she's doing." She then started moving away from the place "...Pals, is that some new word for a friend?" she suddenly asked when they had reached some distance away "It sounds...good.".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
Cerberus chuckled a bit at the cat who got confused by a sudden pancake around its neck before turning towards Widdershins "Catnip is a plant...that's really all I know about it, for some reason it just tastes great to me and makes other cats act like they're drunk or something." meanwhile the cat rolled on its back and tried to kick the pancake off its neck. 

(sorry for shortness both of you, my writing head just doesn't work atm.)

• Brohoof 1

@Scar @Widdershins

Smokey let out a huge yawn after his last response, and lifted his hat to reveal a small, leather pouch sitting on top of his head. Taking it down, he unraveled the string and looked down at the grey, glittering powder within. He were about to do something with said powder when Sorrow stumbled a little as she wandered closer, and hit him in the face with the tip of her flight feathers on her right wing.

This caused a chain reaction where she turned to face Smokey to make sure she hadn't hit him too badly, and he - due in parts to his reduced reaction time due to sleep deprivation - wouldn't have the time to turn his head before he sneezed, and sent about 4/5'th of the powder straight into Sorrow's face.

She looked stunned for a second, then a large, creeping smile spread on her face and she jumped in place, like a lighting bolt had hit her and given her superequine powers.

"Yesyesyes!!! Findspiritstooslow- Speed!!!"

Her words were more or less incoherent as her wings burst out, hitting Smokey and sending him smack down into the painting he had tried to avoid physically touching. As the staue made a loop in the air where he had just stood, she grabbed it with her teeth, and sped off throughout the mansion, nearly bouncing of the walls. Any sound she'd hear she'd react to by bursting straight into it, as she had no ability to keep herself under control anymore.

As for the rest of the powder - an effective pick me up Smokey had bought from a zebra, which were only meant to be used a tea spoon at a time! - it would have flown up into the air in the direction of their intruder and start spreading out after about a half meter in the air. Grim were smart and got out of the way quick, but if the thief weren't on her mark, she'd soon find herself with a boost in energy. Not as much as Sorrow mind you, but still, it would depend on the amount of the powder hitting her, natural defenses/allergies, and current energy levels. She might end up being a bit hyper, or just feel like she had a refreshing shower. It depended on too many factors to know for sure.

Sorrow would soon run into Rose, who tried to open her muzzle and say something, but Sorrow just ran right into the vase, statue first, and didn't stop up unless something happened when this part of Widdershins were forcefully interacted with. She'd do basically the same thing with everything she heard his voice come from for now, as her body tried to burn off the excessive amount of energy that had just gotten injected into it.

=========================================================================

@Moonlit

"Nopony escapes the lightning zegasus!"

Ziggy excitedly yelled out and jolted after whoever had just run away from her. Considering her speed, it wasn't easy to escape her unless you had a considerable amount of speed yourself, and unfortunately, she also had a good bit of stamina to boot with her naturally high degree of said energy, so it were likely not looking good for whoever were escaping. She didn't aim to hurt or anything, just find whoever had been lurking, and hug as many of them as possible.

The hunt were a-hoof!

========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Before leaving, Omen too said farewell to Zo. In word, as well as a slow, mechanical wave. She considered saying goodbye the pony way - which were basically just a hug and smiles - but longma seemed to work differently, so she did something less invasive, that she seemed to recall many beings doing when they said goodbye. It just wasn't all that natural, though honestly, neither would a hug be. She still had a lot of learning to do before that. Like Lin had said however, emotions were hard. Omen could only agree with that, as she had so far struggled to understand them for several thousand years and still had gotten more or less nowhere.

Leaving and following Lin as they silently wandered towards the healer, she looked around at all the things going on with the longma. Locations, how some looked, that sort of thing were easy enough for her to store, but specific actions or strange behavior were not categorized all that much, as her mind were still under a heavy pressure from all the other things, and if she tried to take every single detail in, she were going to shut down in the middle of the street.

This also came into mind as they neared a herb garden of sorts, and saw a longma limping away. She might remember that she had seen him coming from this place and some of how he had looked injured, as it related to this being the healer hut, but details on what his injuries were and how he might have gotten them wouldn't be there, as he just generally speaking weren't important enough to spend what limited space she had left on.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:23 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“There you are,” the healer waved and gestured them to come closer. “I was wondering what happened to you two after you left. Good to know nothing terrible came about from that last spat with Solasan.” 

“We haven’t been properly introduced, Omen. I am Arenaria although everyone and their mothers simply calls me the healer. Are you in need of herbs or is this just a meet and greet?”

Omen had gone over to the herbs and sniffed a few of them as the healer had approached, and lifted her head slowly as she spoke. Her glance were simply confusion, with no recollection of who this may be, beyond what Lin had said.

Fortunately, the healer didn't say a lot of things that could confuse Omen here. What little she mentioned of the past before introducing herself, were something that the Ki'Nathar had some idea about, as the last moments of Salosan's presence in Mother's realm were among her memories. Perhaps this were a time to share that?

"Sister took him to the bad place, where Mother says we can not look."

She got closer, and sniffed the air around the healer, getting a feel for her energy, in case she had to find her again later. Beyond t he life energy though, she did smell rather nice, like the garden before. Reminded her of some kinds of pony perfumes, except this didn't make her sneeze bubbles.

"Hello, Arenaria. I am Omen. I bring things to places. Find stuff too."

It seemed like she needed to greet the same way, right? So name, and what she did. A messenger were the common term used for her sort of work back when Discord ruled, but she thought that to only function if the one in question delivered letters of scrolls, so Omen just explained what she did in broad terms instead. She'd find a better name for it eventually, soon as she'd get familiar with the term *Courier*.

"Lin said I had seen you. Twice. Wanted to see you too. See if I could remember."

She tilted her head from side to side, pausing speech as she tried to scour her mind of any sort of memory regarding this particular longma.

"I do not. Ponies apologizes for that, I do too?

...Sorry?"

===========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Spicy were about to reply when she fell into the hole, and with a grumble flapped out of there before hitting the dirt below. She said something beneath her breath which were not too obvious, but if Ruby had her ears really set on it, she would be able to hear a few words which seemed to be part of a phrase that were best not said in polite company. Hay, it were probably not something you should even say among scoundrels, as it were a pretty nasty thing. Something she learned from a certain minotaur a few years back, which stuck in her head whenever something really got on her nerve. It helped ease her mind a bit.

"Canterlot is in sight? Thank the barking stars above. Let's get in there and get this over with before I end up exploding somethin' outta anger."

Passing the gate would not be an issue when they eventually got there, as Spicy would - a little aggressively - tell whoever asked her that she needed a doctor for her eyes. Thankfully the guards tended to be sympathetic to things like this, and would point them towards the hospital, which honestly, you could see from a long distance away. Pretty big building.

======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"New sorta lingo we're running these days. Don't worry, you'll get hang of all these sorta things in no time."

It weren't really a new phrase, but hay, with how long Nada had been hiding, a lot of phrases in theater alone would be pretty new. Some jargon from relatively recent years were gonna fit into it just as well.

Wandering away from the lake, berry wondered how the aftermath of the dryad taking that seed away were gonna look like, but she tried not to think about it too much. her paranoid mind just went on about how they were gonna end up dealing with another invasion of those plants, and now they didn't have the elements to keep them down anymore, so that was a mighty big deal. Hopefully the plant gal were able to get this sorted in a more positive way than it had been then.

But, they were getting some distance to all of that now. The stage area, the weird plants, that desert and the changeling from before... Huh, this stroll in the forest had been pretty crazy actually, now that she stood and put things a bit into perspective.

"So... What's the plan now, Nada? Thinking this here forest have given us quite a bit of adventure time today, but hey, if you wanna check more out and see what else is hiding out there, I'm game. I got the day off until I have to grind beans during the night, so I'm your wing-mare for whatever."

On 7/31/2019 at 5:22 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Velvet would find that though Briar's eyes remained closed, he wouldn't have an issue following and not wandering into things. He wandered steadily with Brittle in tow, and as they approached the flowers that had been mentioned, would halt along with the gardener/aspiring chef.

"If you do find yourself in the area of Ponyville, might I recommend that you attempt to visit the zebra mystic, Zecora? She is an absolute delight, and have helped many to see things clearer, and guide their path. Myself included I might add. The Apple farm is also quite the experience, and among the better of their farms that I have encountered throughout my travels."

Floating ten bits from his necklace towards the nearest surface he could feel out, Briar would gently put them down, and let go off their aura.

"As for the price, you should be paid what they are worth. Surely it cannot have been an easy job, and a simple change in most popular fashions is not an excuse I will hide behind to not pay you what you are due."

Getting closer to the flower, Briar would tentatively, halfway open his eyes and look on them with emerald colored, slit pupils, like you'd see in a snake, for a few seconds before shutting them again and holding a hoof to his head.

"Earth mother be praised, it is not as harsh as it once were, but there is still a long road ahead. I can hardly compare this with the limited things I have seen with any degree of fairness, but the flower looked fresh, and vibrant. You take great care of them, yes?"

"That sounds like good advice. Alright, I'll spend my vacation in Ponyville." Velvet said with a smile, accepting the bits as they were floated towards him and putting them in a pocket on his apron. "I wish the worth of my plants were seen as universally as you seem to. Supply and demand tend to influence how much you can make from these. But it's not always a bad thing. Some ponies wait until the price comes down so they can afford it easier, and some start a trend from something that doesn't seem like it would catch on. It's not perfect, but as long as ponies appreciate what I have to sell, then I don't mind playing with the prices a little. A customer returning is more valuable than the money they spend, I say."

He grew concerned as Brair opened his eyes, then shut them, unsure what he could do to help, if anything. "Yes, I do. Quite proud of them, actually. Um, please hold still a moment. I haven't tried this on ponies very often, but it should help to ease the discomfort." He said, placing his hoof on Briar's. A soft green glow transferred from Velvet to the plant pony, a soothing warmth to counteract the strain of seeing.

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Before Twilight  could have a chance to answer either Last or Cherish, she was fascinated by the way the flower ... pony ... thing moved. Her head tilted in confusion and then looked at Last in front of her before turning around to follow Cherish. "It's like it's more plant than animal. It's just ... doing it's own thing. But as far as I know, it's not a Tatzlwurm Flower ... is it? It looks like it but it's not an actual Tatzlwurm. Can we follow it?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"The meat?" Aurora blinked, confused a bit by the statement along with his mumblings, but shrugged it off and looked at the piece of jerky she was gnawing on. She appeared to stare at it thoughtfully and then gazed at Happy. "It's salty. Saltier than I remember. But it still tastes good."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"There aren't any animals," Karmic spoke quietly, sounding like if she made any louder a noise, the cave would collapse with them inside it. "Why aren't there any animals? It's too eerie. There aren't even rats or bats or mice," she added in the same quiet tone. She did notice the diamonds that glint from Enzo's torchlight and then looked ahead of them. The path split off into three different directions. She stopped at the mouth of one of them and then after a minute or two of silent staring, went to the next tunnel entrance, and then the third in pretty much the same manner. "I'm not getting anything. Was there a wrong turn we made back there?"

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"I left the door open and you followed me inside. Not my fault you didn't just fly away," Dawn scoffed but she did stare at him taking up most of the space, with herself just standing inside the doorway to a small hallway. "You're large to be in here though. I'm surprise your fat flank made it through the front door."

@Blitz Boom

“Don’t be sorry for that. I wasn’t contributing much to your efforts the last time we met, not that I was making an impression anyway. And Solasan’s in some ‘bad’ place? Whatever is happening to him, he deserves it.”

There was a hint of resentment in Arenaria’s voice. Frankly, she never liked Solasan one bit. At first, it was just his “mightier-than-thou” attitude, something that just rubbed the healer the wrong way but nothing that could ever lead to exiling anyone who knew too much of his secrets. Once he began exiling anyone who spoke against him on a whim, that was the last straw and what prompted the healer to join Elder Ghilan’s efforts. 

“So, you find and deliver things? That sounds like what we longma call ‘Runners.’ They’re usually messengers we send to other villages but some exclusively work for the elders. This is especially true whenever they meet and have a huge gathering that only happens three times in a year.”

“They convene in order to discuss how other villages are faring and how they can offer assistance to each other. Either that or if there is something so important that they all have to meet, like new discoveries or potential dangers.”

Such a thing might have been alluded to earlier when Elder Ghilan met up with them, mentioning something about being under much scrutiny from the other elders. If one were to happen in the near future, Ghilan will certainly be the center of attention. Given how big a change having a very young longma as an elder, and with Lin, Sen, and Omen involved, there is a good chance the three of them will be summoned as well. For now, it is nothing to be concerned about but Lin is would need to be ready in case it were to happen.

“Anyways, I don’t want to bother you any more than I am right now. I’ve got some potions to brew but if there is anything you want to know, ask away.”

@Blitz Boom
Ruby let out a audible exhale of amusement when Spicy fell into the hole "Okay, whatever you think of me, that wasn't on purpose, I really did not see that hole."  her amusement could be also heard from her voice, Spicy's fall had taken her too much by surprise for her to hide it. She didn't bother talking when they interacted with other ponies, Spicy was handling that already, so she just quietly lead Spicy towards the hospital, this time actually giving some effort to make sure she didn't walk into anything, because as amusing as that would have been, she didn't want to make her actually mad enough to cut ties with her. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada thought for a second "There isn't anything else I remember that would be worth checking out." she then finally said "So I guess we should head back to the house, until of course you have something you want to show me or where you want to go for any other reason."

Town guards?  Now there is a system he wasn't use to hearing about these days.  Mostly just reading about them in old history books.  Modern Equestria now relies on a police force, which ultimately serves a similar purpose, but also partakes in other responsibilities.  Seven was a lot of guards though for a town this small.  They seemed to posses a mentality of accepting Twisted as almost a force of nature that just is, and rather hide or at least be as unnoticed as possible.  Were attacks from wicker creatures that prominent to need so many guards?  A scary thought to be sure.

A newcomer to the celebration entered, adding to list of creatures the detective had already filed into his memory.  Minty seemed a lot more interested in the pegasus that approached, as the only pony thus far in this down with a sense of fashion.  At least a sense of fashion that could align even a little bit to something the mare can understand.  Drawing attention away from the dancing diamond dog and tipsy mare that had joined him on the table.  Upon closer investigation though, the larger mare could pick up a few extra things.  Such as how the mare's idea of fashion was rather... sharp.  Her eyes also reminded her of something she recently saw.  What was it?  She inquired with herself, The Captain ever envious of her detective's memory.

Rising Dusk already wasn't batting a thousand with his appearance, regardless of the affects the power pill and antidote had on him, or how tired he was.  However, his dirty and rough looking hoodie was doing well enough on its own to not cast him in the most presentable of position.  He doubted food was going to fix that.  Being presentable to an adoring mass wasn't really all that much on his mind, but he greeted the newcomer with a smile nonetheless.

The magic aura tickled at his extra senses and didn't go unnoticed.  A quick read of the spell work foretold that there wasn't a threat to anyone in attendance, at least from the spell.  The only indication that he took notice being how his eyes shifted from left to right quickly to get the full grasp of the spell.  Of course settling his gaze back on the pegasus.  A decently made cloaking spell, but a pegasus would have nothing to hide from a dark wizard like Twisted unless she had something else to hide a normal pegasus wouldn't have to.  Although, it might not only be Twisted that she needs to hide from.  "Hiding?" he inquired, quietly.  At least the sprinkles onto the bar didn't have magic infused with them.  Taking the presented bar with his magic and nipping a bite out of it.  A rush of warmth shook through his body and he felt a quick energy boost hit him like a second win.  It reminded him a lot of the power pill, which caused his tail to flick, he just recovered from something like this!

@EcstaticWind

Velvet would find that despite how Briar looked, the healing touch would not affect him like it would a regular pony, but more like a plant, as his species essentially were ensouled fauna that merely resembled ponies to some degree, rather than things of flesh and blood that carried some semblance to plants in minor ways.

Regardless, Briar felt the results as the strain upon his eyes lessened, leaving the discomfort he felt after this attempt to seeing something for a prolonged period of time, as rather negligent and short. He knew not if it affected how well his eyes would work in general now, yet before he knew otherwise, he would assume no, and that this were merely a pain reduction method that worked towards easing the immediate discomfort.

"Thank you kindly. My eyes are still new, and the discomfort when used can linger for quite some time unfortunately. You have my sincerest gratitude for easing said pain for the time being, though I must admit to being surprised that an earth pony knows healing magic. It is not as common in Equestria as other places I have visited."

=================================================================================================

@Moonlit

In a split second, Ziggy decided to go for the ones bolting for the left, and then see if she couldn't get the rest afterwards. Looking more like a zig-zaged bolt of bubblegum lightning than an equine, she'd swoop in and with a final, sharp turn, go in for the hug. If she hit, she'd have one in each front hoof, risen up into the air and pulled into a hug. If she missed, she'd just try again until she caught them, or got stuck in a bucket.

================================================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"I've fought the real thing, your highness. This ain't it."

It were large and plant like, that were for sure, but the tatzelwurms she dealt with were far more like ground snakes than this more mobile, legged variant. It might just be another version that she had never seen or heard of before, but she weren't sure about that, and could only answer what she knew. In this case, that this were not just another tatzelwurm.

As for whatever or not they should follow this thing...

"Be cautious your highness. It already bit you once."

She couldn't give orders to the princess, but Last could give her best recommendation to Twilight, and in this case - since she seemed determined to not have the thing sliced or burned - the best she could do were to voice caution around it, and then stand ready to either stop another bite, or take it for Twilight. Worst case scenario, it were better if she got eaten, than the princess.

================================================================================================

@Sekel

"Don't think about it. Just talking to myself and all that."

Happy waved the subject off, not wanting to talk about it. What he had been thinking about were kinds private, and he had just spoken out loud since honestly, h were a bit used to being able to do so when he were on the road. Just himself, and no one else there. Eventually he'd start talking to himself to pass the time, and well, in the moment, old habits popped up. Weren't Aurora's concern, and really, he didn't wanna address it right now if he could avoid it.

"Anyway, you think the meat's kinda salty? I'll make sure to tone it down the next batch then. I haven't had the chance to eat meat for years now, and clearly, I still ain't, so it kinda messes with my taste. If I find something to cut and dry while we're on the road, or some griffon selling off a bit of prey, I'll give it another go and you can taste test it. Something tells me you wouldn't mind that, would ya? Heh."

No meat was a bit of a downer for sure, but he had gotten used to it, and hey, at least he could have cake now, right? That bakery in Ponyville were gonna be target number one when he eventually got back to Ponyville after their travels, however long that'd take. He figured at the very least, this were gonna take a few days travel, but they'd see. The mailmares hadn't been entirely sure of the distance, just the direction and general area, so who knew, they might be able to get there within the day.

==============================================================================================

@Sekel

"Yes, the silence is peculiar. Makes me wonder if something is within this places which the local wildlife knows to stay away from, or if this entirely island were not just deserted by the dragons."

The second option did not rule out the first, but rather just make it all the more dangerous, if there really were something within here that scared other things away. It didn't even need to be a creature though. A relic of sorts, or the history itself could be enough, were it something horrendous that had happened here.

As they reached the three paths and Karmic had no visions guiding their path, they were faced with quite the choice. Return and see if there were something they missed, or try one of these, and see if there were something further in which would guide them further.

"...I believe we should attempt one of these paths, and see what comes from it, before we turn around. Let us see what awaits ahead."

Facing the middle road, Enzo would unsheathe his claws and scratch a rough eye on the floor in front of the path he were planning for them to take, that they may be able to know again where they had gone, were they to somehow get lost. He would mark the walls further in here and there too, yet this were but the first step in his mind.

==============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Runner... I understand."

While she didn't run a whole lot - kinda pointless when you could more or less teleport - Omen did bring things around, so it sorta made sense that Runner would be a title befitting of the sort of thing she did. In a sense, she had also worked for an elder, as Discord were very old, or timeless as he had said whenever she asked. She had never gotten an actual number for his age, but she believed him when he said that he were far older than he looked, and she had only worked for him back then.

She would remember this interaction with the healer, and the new distinction for her kind of work that she had just learned. It gave her something tangible to put down on her actions, and a way to explain it, if others asked. Trivial for some maybe, but it were pretty useful stuff for her to have things defined and explained.

Perhaps she could give something back? Longma did not know many things from the outside, so perhaps something from there that could help?

"Lin say you do not use magic in potions. Do you not know it, or do you not have any magic things? I could go to the zebras one day. They make many potions. Some magical. They can teach you something, maybe?"

The memory of what Lin said about not knowing what a zebra were came to mind, and Omen nodded quietly to herself before continuing.

"Ponies with stripes. Rings in many places. They speak funny, but they are smart. Knows lots of things."

Looking around her for a moment, Omen's unblinking gaze returned to the healer, with her head titled ever so slightly to the right.

"Those I know live in forest towns too. Not in trees. Many huts. Sometimes in hollow trees. Not like ponies, but longma... Yes, more like you. But hard to understand."

==========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

3 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Hiding?"

Caramel smiled at the detective as he asked her this, but said nothing until he had started to take at least the first bite out of the treat she had planted in front of him. Her somewhat sunken in eyes kept their gaze on him as he finally took that first bite, and would feel the energy burst from that first nibble. It wouldn't effect him as much the subsequent times, unless his biology were somewhat strange, but that first jolt seemed to have been noticeable to him at least.

She did not wait to say something smug, or to tell him that it was poisonous though. Nonono, that would go against her role as a protector of the town after all. She simply didn't want to distract him before he had a chance to taste her sweets. Caramel took quite the amount of pride in what she made after all, and would hate to see the savior of Harrowmark escape without having at least tasted one of them.

"Delicious, is it not? You would not believe what we sometimes have to do for a sweet taste around here, but ah, I doubt you'd want to know. There's something else you'd far, far more want to hear it sounds like, though I would like to say first that you shouldn't feel shocked at the feeling this gives you. The initial jolt can be... Daunting, but I assure you, I am a skilled alchemist. I know what I am doing, and I wouldn't dream of feeding you anything that would have a negative effect. No, the spicing have been calibrated just right for a pony of your size, provided you don't have some kind of liver disease. You should stop after half if you do, and come see me in my home one of these days, if you need a replacement. I'm sure we could find something just perfect for you."

She let of a raspy, jovial laughter at this and with quick movements, distributed some of the treats to the other nearby ponies. Wisp and Sickle would be munching on theirs about as soon as they got them, though when Minty would try hers, if at all, remained to be seen. None of the others had the concoction on them that gave energy,m so they were perfectly safe.

As she delivered this final one to the captain, Caramel looked at the tall mare with an impressed look in her faintly glowing eyes.

"I hope I'm not out of line here, but I have to ask if perhaps you can't have our savior go to whoever you have to attend your mane, tail and coat? A great hero should look his best when around the country that will come to adore him, and darling? You stand out like a glowing star compared to him. If he looked even half as presentable as you, his statue would be the envy of all who came before him.

Hmhmhm, but I don't wish to talk ill of our savior. I'm sure a shower and a brush will do wonders. Perhaps a little gloomdust and a match to take the worst few layers of swamp grime too."

She stood and chuckled to herself after that, before putting down the platter, and seeing it getting picked up and taken towards the others quickly. It was an absolute delight to see one of those rare moments of celebration, and hopefully, with Twisted gone, there would be more to come sooner rather than later.

Letting out a sigh, she returned her gaze and stance towards Rising though, and puffed up her hair with a wing for a moment before addressing him, to deal with a few hairs that were threatening to go down and stand in the way of her eyes. Rather annoying to look at when that happened, and this were no fight where it could just be ignored until the deed were done.

"Uhm, Caramel? Are you going to-"

"Yes yes, ease yourself Will-O. I'm not allowed to look presentable here, hmm?

*sigh* But alright then. You're right our dear savior, I am hiding. With Twisted running the country, how could I not? My... Situation, would be of high interest to him, and I did not make it this far to become one of his little test subjects, thank you very much."

She took off the apron, to reveal a broche of sorts, pulsating with a faint aura of changing colors. It were mainly light based magic honestly, but it had other elements mixed in to distract from that, and easier hide it. It were done by a harvest witch a long time ago, who used a light somewhat similar to what Thistle did, but not primordial, and more tainted. There were too much dark magic in Harrowmark to not also affect even the light magic, but the harvest witches knew how to balance it, and make the darkness a force for some good when mixed in, rather than simply disturbing or destructive. It were all about how you made use of it.

As for how it were stuck on her, it weren't obvious, as there were no chain.

"I suppose I could pull the spike out now that he is gone, but I do enjoy the look of this trinket honestly, and it were a gift from a friend of sorts, so I see little reason to be rid of it. Plus, I'd rather fancy not having a hole in my chest to stitch up right now. It's very unsanitary."

==========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

They made it to the hospital without much of a hitch, and once there, Spicy would go right into the main hall and check herself in. Granted, she accidentally spoke to a trash can the first time, but the nurse standing nearby got her sorted in the right direction and took her down one of the halls to get her some cleansing tonics for her eyes. It wasn't anything serious, but old age things like this tended to just not expire on their own, so they had to clean it out good, which A. Wasn't very comfortable, and B. made Spicy's eyes look a lil' swollen once she finally got out again, but hey, at least she could see something now.

"And that's why I make sure to pay my taxes. Right pain in the flank to not have access to help in this sorta situation.

Anyway, anything went on the last fifteen minutes whilst she had a field day on my face? nopony went by giving you trouble or anything?"

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I think it's been enough of an adventure right now. I'll show you some other stuff another day, like the library, or the evidence I have to prove The Conspiracy's worldwide influence. Just be veeery hush hush about it. They come down hard on snoopers."

Berry whispered that last part as she looked from side to side, to see if she could spot any sort of creature listening in, but it seemed they were in the clear, and she made sure to keep a smile on her face to fool whoever might just look at them. Might be that she were feeling all fine about knowing what the truth of the world were like, and didn't fear the real masterminds out there all that much, but she also weren't a complete idiot, and she knew what they did to anypony they thought were too close to the truth. In her case, they had just set it all up to defame her if she started bringing anything up, after they had unjustly put her in a mental asylum. She'd show them though. She'd get evidence that could not be denied, and then everypony would have their eyes opened!

Anyway, for now, they should probably get a move on before they grew roots, hehe.

"Okay, let's go and hope the way back is gonna be less exciting than this. I bet you have enough to think off already, even without all the extra stuff today, huh?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom Just as she's about to hug one of the blurs, Sunrise turns the corner and in a scene better written in a Neighponese novel. One blur leaps over the Serenade's father, the other ducks between his legs. He steps back allowing the blur that is Ziggy is zip past...and in a Dad voice calls out. "No Running in the house." The blurs suddenly stop, allowing Ziggy to see they both have blue-grey fur, yellowish manes and green eyes. They both look at Sunrise, then take a step...then another...then walk briskly away. They're not running, so 'Dad' can't get mad. 

@Blitz Boom

“Everything I know about potions and herbs is knowledge passed down. We don’t know any spells, no tomes of arcane knowledge, just centuries of experimentation and experience. And longma don’t have magic, not like what you or Lin have. Even Sen’s healing abilities isn’t normal. We got by without magic for the longest time and I’m certain we will get by without it now.”

The lack of magic in longma is certain. What is up for debate is if there was ever any record of ancestors who had innate magical talent like unicorns. Even then, there are arguments that other pony races have magic of their own. It would explain how a pegasus could walk on clouds or how earth ponies possess a greater affinity for nature-based talents. Right now, no one seems to consider the possibility that the longma may have had magic at one point in history but that notion doesn’t bother anyone. They are still around to this day which meant they didn’t need it.

“I might take you up on meeting these ‘zebras’ one day. I can’t just leave the village without anyone to tend to their health; it’s just me here and I’m sure you understand that I have big responsibilities.”

“I still have some decades left in me and I’ll need to train someone to take my place eventually. Maybe then I could go with you to see those striped ponies you talked about.”

Arenaria’s forlorn expression said as much, smiling at the prospect of being able to learn more about her trade but torn that she would need to leave her responsibilities behind. And herbal remedies took her a long time to understand. Novel ideas and techniques would take even longer for her to learn. Fortunately, there was a way around it. The only complicating element is time.

“As we have some time right now, maybe you can answer some questions for me. What are ponies like? And what is Equestria like? I know Lin I could have asked Lin but I get the impression you know them better.”

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just waited quietly, counting the treasure in the wagon with her sense to kill time. Nothing unusual happened during the wait, some stallions stared at her a bit longer than is polite, but that wasn't anything new for a good looking mare that her pony form was. She separated herself from the wagon when Spicy came back "Nothing, the most exciting thing that happened was a pony who got a bug in their mouth."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada just nodded at Berry's first comment, not wanting to seem rude, but also not really listening the part about the Conspiracy, it didn't really matter in the end if Berry was crazy or if she was right, because regardless of the truth, Nada had enough on her mind to worry about something like that.
"Yeah, I have lot to figure out." 

@EQ_Theta

"Ponies are strange.

Friendly to one another, takes time to accept others. Then one does, many follows. Saw it with changelings. Dragons. Master Discord.

They smile a lot. Dance, sing, play. They hug when meeting others. Strange thing to do. Trying to learn.

I have been many places. Ponies are more welcome than most I have seen. No fire, no talons. Normally no kicking. Can be scared of strange magic, or large creatures. Longma are not big. No magic it sounds like. You could get along, maybe."

Omen told the things she could say about ponies off the top of her head, though if the healer wanted more details on this, she'd perhaps be a little disappointing. This were more the sort of thing that Rosa could answer in details, and more fluently, though if they'd even talk to him if he were to see this place, were hard to tell. Omen had some history with this village now, regardless of her ability to remember it, whilst Rosa were an outsider. Perhaps it would be better to get some books of Equestrian history to start this off with at some point?

"I miss how Equestria used to be. Always changing, full of chaos.

It changed. It is stable now, many laws there to keep order. Still see ponies act chaotic sometimes. Very strange. Not the princesses yet. Celestia and Luna, not seem them since Master Discord ruled. Others talk about them like they are good. Few badly. Sounds like they make it a good country.

New princess in Ponyville. Twilight. Princess of Friendship. Her friends and her does many things. Fights off monsters. Helped Master Discord reform. Heard she takes contact to many creatures. Changelings. Dragons. Griffons. Many creatures they speak with now. All welcome in Equestria. Longma wanted to make contact with the ponies, should speak with her. She does that, they say. Also helps with many things. Not seen her much, mostly heard things.

Hard to explain them. Their country. Many things happen there, but they smile a lot. Means they are happy, yes?"

==================================================================================

@Moonlit

Oh phoey, saved by the sudden presence of dad pone. Well, they were not going to keep escaping her, she'd catch them both! Just as a lesser quick pace, since yeah, he told them  not to run in the house, and if she tried bouncing around like she did when she got some speed on, she'd end up pretty much hitting everything on the walls and have them end on the floor. So she were down to walking with speed now.

"Come back little foalsies, I just wanna snuggle you!"

The others were probably out of her reach by now, but gosh darn it, she weren't gonna go through this day without foal hugs!

====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"That can end up kinda funny. Once saw it cause a stallion to stumble over himself, end in the punch, which then fell over and yada yada, the hostess got knocked out. Chain reactions can be well fun."

It sounded kinda bad, but in Spicy's defense, that hostess had been a real snooty, annoying mare to even look at. One of those types who just oozes an aura of thinking they were better than anypony else. Urgh, whatever it took to bash those like that down a few pecks were welcome for sure.

Anyway, better get them back to her house so that they could stash things, and figure out what else to do.

Leading them on for about twenty minutes, they'd end up at a rather large house. Not as big as some of the mansions nearby, but it were pretty close. She could honestly have gotten one of those huge places, but she didn't care much for all that wasted space, and the garden regulations were ridiculous. Like this, she could get away with a few minor bushes and just getting somepony to cut the grass every few months.

She did like to decorate the outside and inside a little, but it were more practical than wasteful. Minus the large sign over the gate declaring her name, poker champ title, and her profession as a loaner. Folks could submit their requests in a box out there if she weren't home and then meet up with her later, but she'd check it later.

"Ah, home sweet home. Let's get in and get this thing emptied."

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Then we best sneak you into Ponyville again all quiet like, so that you don't have to also deal with somepony saying they saw a siren. Though heh, who'd ever say that without proof? Ponies would think they were crazy.

Anyway, want me to come by in the morning with some more baked goods and a sample rack of coffee? Thinking we can find something that really speaks to you. And y'know, send your little flying monster or something if ya need to get hold of me before that, yeah?"

It were kinda her saying goodbye for now, as she couldn't swim in like Nada did, so the siren were probably going to split and make her way back soon. Best to make sure that the basics were covered before that, right?

====================================================================================

@Demencia

"So this here's Ponyville, eh? Well ain't this a nice little slice of the mainland."

Tidal wave wandered into town, accompanied by a single Coastal Guard unicorn, who stood with a scrying orb of some sort in front of him, and looked between it and the varied ponies and such around him nervously.

"Are you sure it's smart to go here, general? The auras of this place tells stories... Dangerous and recent stories."

The somewhat smaller than regular height earth pony mare chuckled at this and gave her accompanying party a little tap on his shoulder.

"Bah, you worry too much lieutenant. Worst comes to worst, I trust your spellwork, and I still got my trident. It'll be fine. Just let Salty Breeze know that she'l have to deal with the small stuff for a day or two more while I go check out things."

She clapped the trident that rightly so hung on her back, attached to a small clasp in her armor that allowed her to pull it off with ease, as well as getting it back on. Annoying to have to lumber it around otherwise, and this had long since proven to be the best option the Coastal Guards had easy access to, from quite a number of years ago.

"As you wish general. You know how to contact me as soon as you need transport."

She gave him a blink and a grin as the unicorn teleported away. A good lieutenant that one, but a little too worried about the small stuff sometimes Though granted, she had promoted him exactly because that viewpoint could sometimes be a real help. Couldn't go into everything all reckless now, could they? Folks would just get hurt.

"Alright then, let's see what Ponyville have to offer. Thinking that castle might as well get a lil che- Hey neat, a bakery. I wonder if they got something with sea salt in it."

She weren't actually that easy to distract, but she liked to play it up sometimes, mainly to have a bit of fun. Plus this were a good excuse to wait with the castle for a bit, and get a little snack. It had been a long meeting after all.

Shed stand out like a sore hoof in this town as she wandered along. Not just because of the trident, but because of the torn parts of her official uniform, and the wounds in several, varied stages of healing. She could've perhaps gotten a fresh wardrobe before even going to the meeting, but frankly, she preferred it this way. The long cape otherwise could be really annoying to lumber around otherwise.

@Blitz Boom

At that same time, a young pegasus stallion, who had just recently been grounded in Ponyville, due to getting a broken wing from trying to pull off a stunt and crashing into a nearby cliff, was walking around and not entirely looking where he was going, as was habitual for him. 

He would then suddenly bump into a mare and blinked before looking at her, offering a hoof up, as it seems he had knocked her over. "Ehhehe, sorry about that miss," he would say, rubbing the back of his neck with his other forehoof, "Name's Thunder Rush"

@Catpone Cerberus 

Still on his back in cloud-gazing mode, Widdershins ignores for now the small, quiet scuffle of cats.

Sounds like a thinly-veiled drug reference to me! ...though that wouldn't be the first time in this continuity ...world, that is!

@Blitz Boom & presumably simultaneously with @Scar's response:

At the sudden jolt of Smokey's back meeting it, the aged oil painting turns within its frame. The very stern & dour gentlecolt of a long forgotten, aristocratic past has his long head turn awkwardly around (would there be anypony about to notice this change, of course) to face behind its unmoved chest, as Widdershins's long, llama face replaces it in its posh noblestallion's coat. Blinking, the draconequus takes in its surroundings.

..Smokey? Ol' Boy! Hello? What's going on now?!… ...anything I can do to help?

Watch where yeeeeeeeerrrrrr-!

The small plastic vase shatters upon grazing the statue, rather more like the more rigid structure it was feigned to look like & a small whiff of pink energy siphons into the figure, immediately silencing the tinny voice that once inhabited the small valise. Of any outside force acting upon it, save for a slow, patient rattling, the statuette remains unaffected while what would have been a fragment of Widdershins is effectively erased.

Blitz Boom & … @Sekel? (You actually changed your name!?)

The Plant-Beast Tatzelpony born of ungainly magical origin remains standing motionless... its rather large, blobby tail pointed right at Twilight & Last Stand's position in awkward position. From where they stood, they could easily land a blow considering from how completely unaware & clueless the tatzelpony stood with its head poised over the far end of the clearing's bushes in the same pose they had encountered it at first, but now it no longer bothering to pay attention where the rest of its body could stand obscured.

Judging from how instinctually dumb this creature seemed, its capacity for combat "skills" would have to be called into question.

@Sekel  Dawn Streak

"I am not! These are lean, fit flight muscles! I can't help you tiny ponies build every thing several sizes too small!

I'll have you know I only came in because you told me to! What, am I supposed to just toss you on your doorstep and walk away without a second glance?" Kaltrop scoffs from his catlike perch beside the small sofa.

@Blitz Boom The two look back, wink with their yellow eyes and take off briskly toward the dining room. One sticks her head back out once they've disappeared into the room, and sticks her purple tongue out, winks then ZIPPP her head disappears.

@Blitz Boom

That was an optimistic view on the longma and the ponies. If there was ever a chance they could, they may get along just fine. Sometimes, it might just be the longma pride holding them back from seeing they aren’t so different. Perhaps one day it might just happen and with Sen hoping for that, it could happen within their lifetimes. 

Considering just how long the two were exiled, Arenaria imagined just how many friends Sen and Lin have made among the inhabitants of Equestria. She knew them when they were young, not too well but just enough to notice some marked changes in their personalities. The Lin from before was a shut-in and didn’t talk a lot. Now… it’s like she’s someone else. Perhaps being away for that long does a lot. 

“You make the ponies sound like they're living in a perfect world, isolated at one point but perfect to them. If they’re smiling a lot, they must have a lot of things to be happy about. But if the Equestria you know is stable yet ponies are now just coming to trust other creatures, doesn’t that mean it is still changing? Might be that the chaos is still there but subtle.”

“Here I am rambling about something I wouldn’t know anything about. It’s just a thought, believe it or don’t, it probably won’t change anything. Oh well, I need to get back to brewing some potions and I presume you have some matters you need to return to. It is nice seeing you again, Omen. Take care.”

Likewise, the feeling is mutual towards Lin. The two nodded and, upon seeing the stuffed saddle bags on the younger longma, the healer decided to leave them be to their business. As for Lin, she prepped a gate to take them back to the cave and to Sen. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just nodded like always.

She glanced at the big house and the sign, what a waste, she would never understand why creatures with economy liked overly big buildings so much. She followed Spicy in, making sure to know everything she could about the area by using her senses from her position, both from curiosity and to prepare for the unlikely but possible chance that this was a trap. "I have never understood the need to get a big house after making some money." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That sounds like a plan, though you're welcome to come for a visit right away too if you want, I'll go for a little hunt before I go to the house but it shouldn't take too much longer than you'd take walking there." Nada said, she didn't really have anything to do at the house, so she would have enjoyed Berry's company, because as fine company as the mimic was, it wasn't really the same as talking with somepony who's replies you understood.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins

"I'm pretty sure catnip is a thing in other worlds too....don't ask why I know that....I don't know, I'm not even sure if I do know it, I just know it." Cerberus responded, not knowing if his answer was even related to Widdershins's comment, because who knew what Widdershins was saying, or Cerberus in that matter, everyone knew nothing and everything. Cerberus reached to help the poor cat with the pancake.

On 8/10/2019 at 7:16 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Velvet would find that despite how Briar looked, the healing touch would not affect him like it would a regular pony, but more like a plant, as his species essentially were ensouled fauna that merely resembled ponies to some degree, rather than things of flesh and blood that carried some semblance to plants in minor ways.

Regardless, Briar felt the results as the strain upon his eyes lessened, leaving the discomfort he felt after this attempt to seeing something for a prolonged period of time, as rather negligent and short. He knew not if it affected how well his eyes would work in general now, yet before he knew otherwise, he would assume no, and that this were merely a pain reduction method that worked towards easing the immediate discomfort.

"Thank you kindly. My eyes are still new, and the discomfort when used can linger for quite some time unfortunately. You have my sincerest gratitude for easing said pain for the time being, though I must admit to being surprised that an earth pony knows healing magic. It is not as common in Equestria as other places I have visited."

“It’s an extension of the Earth Pony magic most forget about. The reason why Earth Ponies are better at growing crops and tending to the gardens and livestock. My mother being a Unicorn helped, since I can manipulate it. Without a horn, I can only turn subtle Earth Pony magic into a healing touch. Not that I’m complaining. I just can’t shake the feeling that, despite my aspirations, I should be doing more with it. Every now and then, I think...maybe I can’t decide what I want to do because I have this talent and don’t know what I should do with it.” Velvet said, staring at his own hoof for a moment before looking back to Briar. 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to make it about me all of a sudden. You’re most welcome, and I hope you’ll be okay from here. Sorry again for...Y’know...making it about myself.”

@Blitz Boom 

Continued from 351

I have the perfect thing in mind.  Wait here and keep watch.  When I get back, I’ll join them and ask to camp with them for the night.  What I have back at my home will ensure that they won’t turn me down.  Just stay hidden.  If the thieves strike before I get back, try to follow them back to their hideout without being spotted.  I’ll find a way to catch up with you if I can.  I doubt they would strike this early though,” Gaea responded.  She turned and walked away toward her home.  After a while, she returned wearing a vibrant purple hooded robe with golden edges, and emblazoned with what Zhu might recognize as the family crest of the kind royal he once knew.  Keeping her distance from where Zhu was hiding, she stumbled out of the forest, doing her best to look helpless and lost.  “Who goes there?” one of the guards asked loudly.  The royal pony pulled back the curtain with his scepter to see what the noise was about.  At this point the last slivers of light were just about to fade from the horizon, but they still somehow managed to reflect brightly off the insignia on Gaea’s robe.  “Who are you, and where did you get that robe?” the royal pony asked.  “My name is Gaea, your highness, and I am but a weary traveler.  This robe was given to me as a gift by her highness, Amrita, to keep me warm.  I humbly ask that I may camp with your caravan for tonight, as it is not safe to be alone on these roads at night,” she said, bowing to the royal pony. “I don’t know why that girl is always so willing to give away what is rightfully hers.  I would prefer not to allow a peasant such as yourself to remain in my company, however it seems my hooves are tied.” The last part was said through his teeth.  He paused for a moment before speaking again, as if trying to think of a way out of this, but he could not find one.  “Because Amrita has seen fit to aid you, I am obligated to grant you this small favor, but this will be your ONLY favor.  Come tomorrow we shall part ways for you to finish your journey on your own.  If anything is to happen to this caravan during the night, your protection will come second to the protection of me and my property.”  As much as it pained her, she kept her bow and did not let her emotions show as the royal pony closed the curtain on his carriage again.  She got back up, and asked the guard where she could rest for the night.  He then directed her over to the others who would then set up some blankets for her to sleep on out in the open.  She knew it was not likely to rain tonight, so she would not need to stay in a tent, but it would have been nice of them to offer.  Since the royal pony had specifically stated that he would grant no other favors, she supposed that them even giving her blankets to sleep on might not go over well, so it wasn’t their fault.  She would have had to turn down the offer anyway because she needed to be able to keep watch.  She put on her hood and laid down on her “bed,” waiting for the thieves to strike.  

Hours later, after everything in the camp was settled, and most of the other ponies were in their tents asleep for the night, the thieves approached.  Two guards stayed awake to keep watch, but Skye and Brooke were able to slip past them as they were making their rounds.  Brooke climbed into one of the carts while Skye kept watch.  Gaea saw everything, but continued to pretend to be asleep.  The two made no noise, as if one of their trinkets was helping to maintain their silence.  Once Brooke finished filling her sack, it was Skye’s turn to steal something.  They both quickly made their way to the royal pony’s carriage, where this time Brooke stood guard as Skye quietly crept inside.  It was a risky move, but that was the thrill.  Skye liked the higher risk part of the heists, taking things that were closely guarded right from under the nose of those it was precious to.  She made her way out of the carriage with a small chest that was so stuffed with gems and gold jewelry it wouldn’t close, the scepter, and what looked like a toupee.  She closed the door carefully behind her and the two were off. They had to hide behind a cart for a moment while a guard passed by, but after that they quickly made their way into the forest.  Gaea got up and walked at a normal pace to the edge of the camp where a guard asked, “Where are you going?” to which she replied, “If you really must know, I’m off to relieve myself.” The guard let her pass, but not before saying, “Try not to get lost out there.”  The thieves would get a head start from this delay, but so too would Zhu.

Penny an Tock: page 352 

Marcus: page 353 

Charlie: page 354

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Blitz Boom

Alchemy.  This pegasus Caramel and the O.M.I.'s resident alchemist Bash would probably get along really well.  If even opposites in personality, but according to his father, those usually attracted.  Caramel reminded him a lot of Molotov as she really likes to talk.  Although the detective was currently trapped in the effects of this treat, he managed to listen to her every word.  Daunting was a good term to use for a pony that wasn't expecting such a sensation from just a little bite.  It was quick and a rush he was prepared for, but were the effects of several other instances he'd experienced in the last couple days that helped blunt the blow.  His limbs tingled with that similar feel to when a pony rolls over onto their leg in the middle of the night and it falls asleep.  Lightly shaking his hoof in attempt to get the blood flowing again and end the tingling feel.  Not that it was the issue of course, but  it didn't stop his natural reaction to it.  To be fair, that feeling of moving through a muddy swamp was disappearing from his body.  At lease she was nice enough to inform him that she wasn't poisoning him after the fact.  A heads up ahead of time would have been appreciated though.

Minty was even getting a little attention now and her own delightful treat, which the larger mare couldn't hide her delight.  And the fact she was being complimented and referred to as a glowing star.  Oh sweet Celestia save us all.  "Oh darling, believe me I've tried for years.  The only one of my agents I've managed to introduce even a little bit of style with is my second.  I suppose though, the more casual appearance helps them blend in with a crowd when their out solving cases," The Captain admitted but dismissively waved her hoof in Rising's direction.  To be fair, the detective wasn't looking his best, even by his standards.  Mud and swamp caked hoodie, un-groomed mane and tail.  Not like he was given much a chance to clean up before heading out.  Partly his own fault, but he hated sitting in bed, especially in a place he wasn't familiar with.  "Tis a true tragedy of fashion.  Here I am, having not heard from my darling detective for days and answering his distress call.  Was he injured?  Captured?  A stressful mystery!", the unicorn's tone increased and her hoof raised dramatically.  "No hesitation, I rush to my charge, ready for the final battle!  Only the mightiest of foe could fell The Spell Breaker of Manehatten!  Such a battle it would be!  Forever would the event be captured in the stained glass windows of the royal palace!  And for that day, would I wear my finest dress," Minty rambled on.  At some point a bright spotlight had shown down upon her again.  This time she managed to show restraint and not turn the lights off from other sources, merely just to stand out more.

Rising was more interested in the artifact Caramel revealed to him.  A pony that needed a bit more extra protection to not be found out by the dark wizard.  It sure looked painful though.  There was no reason to dispel it.  Twisted might be gone, but who knows who else might be interested in her particular gift.  The spell itself told him more than she did though.  Rising had gotten pretty good at seeing how the pony felt when making the spell in the moment.  Granted, he was in a new land with different personalities or at least different ways of expressing the same he's use to in Equestria.  He nodded, "Very nicely made.  There is much to learn about this land,"  he admitted.  So many new spells to feed his memory recall.

@Demencia

Tidal Wave hadn't been knocked over, but she had dropped a pair of cuffs that hung down her side as the pegasus had wandered into her, and she had bent down to pick it up and put it back on. She really should get the strap for this thing fixed once she got back home, or she'd have to make improvised cuffs again the next time she were to make an arrest, only to find she had dropped these.

She'd take the outstretched hoof though, and give it a solid two-shake before letting go, with a big grin on her face.

"Well ain't you a polite sort? Nice to metcha Thunder, I'm general Tidal Wave of the Coastal Guard, but just call me Tidal. All that miss and ma'am stuff's for the stuck ups."

She wasn't a big fan of that whole thing herself, and while the generals of the Coastal Guards tended to be more laid back than those in Canterlot regardless, she were still seen as one of the most chill ones they'd had in around two hundred years. Try as she might, she'd never be able to beat good ol' General Water Jelly. That stallion had been so mellow that nopony ever expected him to be anypony of importance, or a threat. It had made him one dangerous lad for sure, but you didn't become a general of the Coastal Guards if you weren't. Not with how their order of succession happened.

"You look a bit frazzled kiddo. That wing of yours messing up? Doctor's round here must be trying to give you a lesson when they haven't just healed that up. Or wait, is this place so out in the boonies that you folks don't have regular magical remedies? Or even a healer? Only heard of this place, so not sure what you folks are lugging around down here."

========================================================================================

@Widdershins @Scar

Meeting Widdershins like this were... Unnerving to some degree, but count his blessings, the painting hadn't eaten him. That was the good part, however, it were only one good thing among a hoofful of bad ones.

"It's been better. Phoenix, she... *sigh* Look, I'll tell you later, we have to go, and fast. Sorrow got a strong dosage my rejuvenation powder, and with that level of energy going, we need to take the statue containing most of your essence before something bad happens from what I guess will be her forcing it into whatever things holds more of your essence. I don't know what will happen with that amount of force, but I don't want to risk it."

Pulling himself from the painting, he kept his eyes on it as he picked up his hat, and with the painting pointed forwards over his head via magic, prepared to run, before Grim interrupted him.

"How bad is it going to be for her?"

"Long as she keeps running around and expend the energy, she'll just be sore, but we can't restraint her. She'll have a seizure, and we can't exit the building right now. She have to be able to move unencumbered.

I promise you, I'll get her out of this safely."

With that - and a concerned nod from Grim considering what he just heard of his daughter - Smokey would force himself to give chase, with the picture hanging above him. Hopefully Widdershins would still be able to see something.

He wouldn't be the only one making chase, as Rose had too, soon as the shock of being bashed straight on by Sorrow in a really crazed mood had gotten a few seconds to pass. She had no idea what were going on, but she liked the strange mare. Whatever were going on, she had to get hold of her, and try to calm her down before she ended up getting herself hurt.

As for Sorrow herself, she were currently running in a small circle like a dog, before bolting off to the left, towards the foyer, looking for more ensouled things to catch. She had not noticed how the interaction with the statue and Widders had gone, and only started to realize that she had heard a voice just before at all.

"Willgetdraconequusspirit! Talkytalky, runrunrun!!!"

This were probably going to end badly.

=====================================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

"I don't understand this creature. Does it not understand what is going on? It seems to react so strangely to all of this..."

Cherish were confused to say the least. Something getting stabbed or struck should likely get angry or something, right? But this one had just gone back into the light and gone docile, right after reacting like some sort of pet. Were this actually an enemy of theirs, and this were just a trap? Or could it be that the poor thing really didn't have the sort of mental fortitude to understand what were going on, and whatever instinct kept it running didn't make it react the normal way from getting injured? Hay, perhaps it didn't even feel this? How would she know?

This was a mysterious creature for sure. Hopefully neither it, nor them, would end up dead from this. Or in her case, deader, if that were possible. Something told her it somehow were.

@Moonlit

Oh, the one with the tongue pull were gonna get So many huggles for that!

If this were how they were going to play, then fine. Ziggy might not be able to fly in here, but she'd certainly pick of the walking pace so that she could keep up or overtake this one sooner, rather than later. You didn't easily escape somepony with long legs like her, and soon as she got her hooves on this little trickster, she would make sure that the foal were gonna get the biggest hug this side of Las Pegasus. Maybe. She weren't sure how big their hugs were. It just sounded good.

================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Before the healer left, Omen would respond to something that she had said about the ponies.

"Ponies sometimes fight. They can be mean. Some makes big monsters to hurt others. I do not know why they do this, but Master Discord knew. He said that no creature was perfect. Not even him. He said it was important to revel in our differences, and accept we were all flawed. I still do not understand that, but he said it often."

Discord had sort of used that as an excuse to his behavior more than anything, but he had spoken truth in the fact that no creature could stand on a high horse - he loved puns like that - and proclaim that they were flawless, and therefore better than others. He had liked to take those who acted like that and bring them down a peg or two, sometimes far more, in case they annoyed him or he were in a particularly mischievous mood. As he would have said, sometimes he got tempted and took it too far. He weren't perfect after all.

After the healer left, Omen just stood and looked in the general direction she had gone in silence, until she saw the gate that Lin were working on opening up. It were still strange to see that Lin were able to make these direct transports, when Omen and most of her siblings had to pass through their regular realm to get anywhere, but Lin appeared to just be luckier, or more skilled than them she supposed. Probably the second, as Lin were the sister Omen considered the smartest.

"Lin? When my head is clear, I can go back here? Many things pressing now, but I want to observe. See what you do. Learn things. One day I can do that, yes?"

Omen would calmly wander through the gate regardless of Lin answering or not, as she'd still be able to hear it if one came, and would end on the other side to find that Shrimp were playfully nibbling on Sen's left ear, whilst making happy little chirpy sounds. The smile on the little guy's face were one of absolute delight, likely from how much of the gem it had so far consumed, which seemed to be a good hoof's deep and three hoof's wide already, before he had to pause. The nearby scorch mark would also show that he had already let out some energy from this.

=============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I grew up in a raggedy shack with sour siblings, our parents, and grandma. So yeah, once I got older and some cash, I figured that I'd get a nicer place, so that if I ever had foals, they'd have some wriggle room, and get some privacy. My neighbor in that new-looking mansion up there's kinda from the same cut, coming from some run down place in Dodge Junction, but he went real big. He also gots himself some friends and family living there though, and he's the sort who likes making the place full of stuff. Kinda cute too really, but that cousin of his weirds me out. She keeps giving me funny looks whenever I go over there to chat."

She still tried hitting on him from time to time, but Smokey and her were probably never gonna happen, not even for a short fun run. Still, she liked having him as a friend, and that butler of his - Grim something - were a riot sometimes too. Rose though, nooo way those two got along, though it were usually easy to distract her by having Marley wander around the garden with her. She liked talking about all the work she put into it, and he liked the smell of the flowers. Frankly, if Rose had been a griffon, he'd have hit on her big time, Spicy just knew it.

Anyway, time to get to the garage and park this thing,t hen get the gold out. Said garage were pretty basic really, though there were several wards lined up on the walls that'd be visible once they got inside. What could she say? She hated thieves and folks putting their noses in places they didn't belong, so she took her precautions against 'em. The two of them would be fine though. She turned the alarms off as she had entered.

==================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

As Nada would get to the house, she'd find that neither the mimic, nor Serenade were there, but a note would have been left telling describing how they had taken off with Ziggy to see Serenade's parents, and that they'd be back within a week. It wouldn't be long before somepony would knock though, and it would hardly be surprising who.

"Hey, your're in there yet? I brought some lemonade. I would've gotten coffee, but I ran outta filters back home."

Berry had been around once, as she had hurried back, but hadn't knocked as she wanted to make sure she remembered something to drink for 'em. This wasn't perfect, but it were what she could do scrounge up on a short notice. Hopefully the chocolate chip muffins could make up for it. Weren't from the baker, but she had put some real effort into 'em, and she considered them to be pretty good nonetheless.

===================================================================================================

@EcstaticWind

"Have you considered potentially lending your aid to the guards at any point? This talent of yours to heal is quite impressive, and could be sorely needed on the fields of battle, or even at their station in their main city itself. Or perhaps you seek to empower yourself further before taking on a more advanced role such as those? I have been far and wide, and met a variety of beings which may be able to offer some degree of assistance, if even in memory.

If I may be so bold as to offer my take on things here, have you ever been to Germane? The reason I ask is that once I were there, I met ponies of which most were earthen by birth, who worshiped nature, and were able to cast spells related to their practices. Healing tends to fall within the realms of nature and light primarily if I am not mistaken, so would it be out of the question to consider that perhaps they could help you elevate your substantially beneficial gift? As witches of nature - or Druids, as I recall them calling themselves - they do have a close connection with the wild too, and if not for the healing, perhaps they could further aid you in your quest for plant growth or cooking with all natural ingredients? I am not trying to force your hoof of course, but I do wish to share what knowledge my years have gained me with those who could make use of it. If for nothing else, then to be more informed of the lands beyond Equestria.

And Velvet, you needn't apologize for focusing the talk on you. The subject did touch upon a topic which you clearly think about often, and I know well that sometimes, the best ways to gain help in regards to what wanders in your mind, is to air it among others, and see if you can gain another perspective. You have no reason to apologize for being a normal, sensible being."

=================================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Zhu looked carefully on from a distance at what were happening, as Gaea had entered the camp wearing the piece of clothing she had returned with. He would admit to have felt a bit of longing in his chest at seeing the crest emblazoned upon it, yet sadly, now were not the time for questions about how she knew this family, and who Amrite were. Though he would certainly try and find one in that family line with that name at some point, and see what it appeared he had missed. It had likely been before his time, judging by how everything were playing out.

Considering his sight, reading lips were not a trait he had been able to gather throughout the years, but wind his wind magic were useful in many ways, including at this time, when it helped carry their words towards him on a gentle, yet deliberate breeze, and what he learned of this were interesting. From Gaea's side, the name Amrite, who seemed to be a mare of some contention, judging by the response coming from the noble, and from said noble, he learned that he did not only want to not obstruct anything that were going to happen in his future, but actively cause misfortune to befall him, were Zhu to have gotten the chance. This were one that were clearly further up his own flank than at first expected, and were not just a parasite, but a direct insult to the kind, warm blood that flowed through his veins. This stallion were nothing but an embarrassment to the line of his foster mother. Such a waste that it were to have one so selfish and dismissive of the need of others pollute this land.

Sadly, his fate were not for Zhu to decide currently, and once he returned to his own time, this one would have been dead for a long time. The only thing he could currently do, were to wait, and then eventually find what had happened to this one. Hopefully it would be one of the worse options that were seen among the potential threads that unfolded before Zhu's eyes.

As hours passed, the thieves would eventually show themselves. Gaea had been correct that they could not let a bountiful fortune such as this escape them, and as Zhu's glowing yellow eyes focused on them, he caught himself in a smile. The anger this stallion would feel from being robbed were likely to be taken out on others, but any degree of misfortune that befell him seed to make it worth a small amount of insults and such. Especially as this may lead to the servants snapping and taking matters into their own hooves. It hadn't been the most plausible of futures he had seen, but it were there.

Observing them as they went on their way, they had likely shielded themselves to make sure that he could not glance anything from them if he were to look again, like he had the last time, though regardless of whatever they had done this or not, Zhu would remain inactive in his tree until they would start to make their way out of the camp, at which point he would rightfully follow them. Feline legs, paws and reflexes were a good thing when you were following others, and him being able to jump on the air by manipulating his magic certainly helped too in pursuing them. They should not be able to take notice that he were following them, jumping between trees a little from the ground, as to not impact any branches or the like on the ground. If they were to look behind them, he would have hidden, and if they attempted to do anything that looked like a teleportation spell, Zhu would instantly attack, starting with a strong gust of wind to interrupt them before going in, fangs barred, and ready to poison one of them if needed be.

His poison were not lethal, but be it due to his flawed egg or something related to his family that he weren't aware of, it would cause severe sensory and auditory hallucinations, preying on the fears of the infected individual, with the time lasting between ten minutes to half a day, depending on how much venom got injected, and there were no cure. The only relief would be to keep eyes and ears closed, and sit still in the dark as the venom ran its course.

=========================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

While others gave Minty a weird look for the spotlight appearing on top of her again - she were not helping the perception that Equestrians were sometimes crazy - Caramel let out a delighted chuckle and clapped her hooves together at the sight.

"Splendid, marvelous! Far too few think of how they will be depicted in their final moment, fighting a great foe that will forever be immortalized by the witnesses. And what a sight your stand would have been. Soon as as I hear there is a beacon sorted for the correct locations, I simply Must go and see what clothes and materials are sold in your country. For all the good there can be found for an alchemist here in Harrowmark, it is decisively low on any soft clothing or color. It's all rough or as dull as the dirt. I've done all that I can to at least add a little color to my own clothing, but looking at you, it just seems as dull as the rest here. Oh dearest savior, please let this mare save you as intended. If not from a great monster, then at least from your choice in clothing."

She had turned and teased Rising as she said this last bit. She did appreciate everything he had done for Harrowmark, and had a great deal of respect for him, but how could she not have a little fun, even on the behalf as one such as him? Besides, she didn't lie. She really did wish that Minty would help him to get shined up such as herself. It would make the statues or other depictions for his next great deed somewhere look absolutely breathtaking, and one as important as him, should really carry himself as such.

It seemed like Minty enjoyed poking to him a bit about this sort of thing too. Caramel most definitely had to seek out the captain when she eventually took advantage of a stable portal to visit Equestria. Something told her that they could end up having quite a bit of fun, and oh, just think of all the fun stories they might have to share. Battles, hardships, glorious conquests. Ah, so many topics, and those were just the first off the top of her head. Why, she looked forward to it already.

That being said, she did notice the high priestesses stare at her as she teased Rising once again, and got the distinct impression that she should potentially tone things down a little, before they were going to have words. *sigh* This mare just hadn't changed, had she? Just as the stories said, she were nothing but a downer.

As for Rising, if he could truly see what emotions had run through the one who had cast the spell, he would find that there were a great deal of sorrow and grief in the one who had made the cloaking spell for Caramel. Something had deeply saddened the caster, though as this were Harrowmark, and it were well established that horrors and risen former loved ones weren't hard to find, there could be many reasons for this sadness. There were no guarantee that it had anything to do with Caramel herself.

"Where she could most certainly improve your appearance, Harrowmark could feed your curious mind, if ever you had the time to delve into it. Alchemy is a particularly delightful profession here as we have plants that can only grow in earth nearly brimming with the sort of magic we have running through the very ground here, and the schools of magic, whilst often dark in nature, holds many secrets. I'm sure your country have much magic that would awestruck quite the harvest witch or unicorn in our lands, but when it comes to the many levels of darkness and death, I don't sense your country have much of that. At least not enough to truly be delved into.

Though again, I could be wrong. I'm no sensor after all. Perhaps you would be interested in talking about the many layers of highly advanced necromancy for a little while, and see who knows the-"

A rumbling came from the north of town, and Caramel stopped her words. The party nearby seemed to be too occupied to have noticed it, and simply kept on having their fun, with some clearly being well in the party mood - the elderly stallion that had brought them the tome of maps before seemed to have gotten tipsy and had dragged Sickle into a clumsy dance, to name an example - yet both Wisp and Caramel had become keenly aware of anything that signalled trouble, and this one came from the direction of the swamp. Nothing good came from that place that could make this sound.

"Now, of all times? Okay, I'll go find Bolt Singer and wake up Fence Hopper."

"Bolt Singer is having some long overdue fun with his family, Fence Hopper deserves his rest after yesterday, and I know a certain mare who have been explicitly ordered to stay near our dear savior and tend to his every need."

Wisp blushed a bit and averted her eyes from the choice of words that Caramel had used, and the tone she had taken near the end of said sentence. Something which made her smile and give off a little chuckle. The pyromancer were simply adorable to her like this.

"Leave it to me dearie, it won't be long. You're most welcome to follow if you want to see some of the fun things we have to deal with here too Minty, though you will stay here."

She pointed at Rising and got a short, strict look on her face before it went back into a warm smile.

"We can't have you risk yourself after the day you have had. Now, let the grown ups have their fun, and rest your weary self. You don't want me to whack you with a spoon now, do you?"

She made sure to be walking away as the last thing were said, and the laughter escaped her again, before the high priestess could say something about her behavior. Whatever Minty would care to follow or not, she would keep on her way. She simply wanted to be polite and since the mare had made such a big thing out of herself, it just seemed a shame to not let her at least taste a little shred of battle, no? It were up to her though of course. Caramel just thought she'd make the offer.

"ℍ𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕣, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕖𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕣."

"Caramel is a... Special mare, but she's mostly adored. Most tends to just get used to how she acts."

@Blitz Boom As soon as Ziggy turns the corner, she finds herself in the dining room with the lights turned off...and the fur along the back on her neck and spine bristles. She gets this feeling, the feeling she's being watched, studied, probed for any weakness. Like she was prey. But then of course, she was Prey. Tasty tasty Prey. Seven pairs of eyes glow in the dark, narrowed. It's a trap.