Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just nodded like always, and right away moved to take out her part of the treasure from the wagon and moving it to her corner, it didn't even come to her mind that what she had said could be taken as she actually liking mares, so she had no idea Spicy had came to that conclusion, though even if she could have somehow known that, she couldn't really say anything else, because saying she didn't care for ponies would bring even more questions to the table, and saying she didn't want a partner had it's own implications too, especially considering her history with seducing ponies, even if that was only to be able to steal bit of money. 

When she eventually got her stuff in the corner, she did the lock spells to each box, one of which she had put in a way that the mouth of the money bag was stuck inside it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada just blinked, she did understand somewhat what toaster was now, but that didn't mean she understood why it was a thing, what's wrong with a fire-oven? She watched as Berry used the toaster, and she started understand the use of it, it was faster and maybe safer? She nodded to indicate that she understood.

If Berry was to offer Nada a slice, she would take and eat it, but she didn't really care for bread because it tasted like plants, like it was, and she would say as much out loud too.

@Demencia

Tidal's expression froze stiffened as Thunder suggested that she had run into that sounded as ludicrous as land sharks, and a small tick went over her right eye, as a couple of images started to flash before her eyes.

"...Yeah, land sharks."

Her voice were lower than before and serious, as she tried to get those particular images out of her head and get herself situated more in the presence.

"I've been facing a lot of weird and dangerous creatures in my time. Giant squid, kelpies, rogue gang of sharks, golems- Hay, even a stray, irate siren once. But a dozen, three meter long sharks swimming through the sand without an issue... We might've not lost anypony, but we didn't catch all of 'em either, and they did massive damage to property and citizens alike before we got one of 'em struck down, and the rest suddenly took off. They're still out there somewhere, and I'm guessing that they aren't gonna be too thrilled about our kind whenever they run into us after that. The panic and damage that attack lead to, have caused more fear than any of the other creature's we've had to face in recent years.

Been making inquiries and asked the other generals to look into how their kind even got to live on land, or how their scales could get so thick, but it haven't gotten me anything beyond some biologists determining that they were magically enhanced to live like that. Which were pretty blatantly obvious."

===========================================================================================

@Moonlit

Well then, that sealed it, she weren't going anywhere for the time being.

It were like how some beings were with puppies or kittens. Once one or more of the little rascals had settle down and started sleeping on you, it just didn't feel right at all to move, and disturb their rest.Ziggy it the same way, but that reaction also included foals and other sort of babies, like griffon hatchlings, or changeling nymphs. Sure the later of those hadn't happened yet, but she had seen pictures and knew that if it did, she'd be just as powerless. They were just so cute with their big, pale eyes and cheese legs.

Since she weren't getting away anytime soon, she might as well just lay still and enjoy the sensation, whilst once again thinking that she couldn't wait until one day, she'd have some foals of her own. She just needed to find the right stallion first, and then she might end up being covered in sleepy foals all the time. Considering how she were feeling right now with this lot essentially pinning her down, it made her sure that when it were one day gonna happen, she'd be just as happy as she were now.

==========================================================================================

@EcstaticWind

Briar chuckled a little under his breath, took a few steps forward, and gently put a hoof on Velvet's shoulder. It would feel as if somepony were touching him with a wooden log, overgrown with moss, which were about the closest one could come to describing the mossy texture of Briar's coat, and the flexible bark making up his skin.

"Ease yourself. I do not expect you to simply jump into this right away, as clearly, it is something you would wish to debate with yourself first. Something which I could imagine may take a long time until you are certain. So if I may make a suggestion? If you could procure some paper and a pen, I could tell you who I know who could be of help to you in this endeavor, where they are, and how to contact them, and if you then at some point feel the urge to take the jump and seek to advance yourself or simply explore, try and reach out to one of them to set up something, hm?"

He wished to help, but as mentioned, this one were very indecissive it seemed, or at the very least needed to turn this in his mind for quite a while. It were likely for the best that he were simply given the tools to go through with this at a later date, and then eventually have debated it with himself enough to decide whatever or not to go through with it.

==========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 8/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“That’s horrible! What kind of…  No! I don’t want to know who does those things or why they do it.”

“Ugh, that’s… Let’s not talk about that anymore.” Sen added, not even noticing the gate appearing overhead or the wicker ball bounding off the top of his head. “This ball is something Lin and I played with when we were young. We’d try to see how many times we could bounce it without letting it touch the ground. Here, we’ll show you.”

"I do not know why the wicker things hunts and attacks. I just saw it happen. The ponies and dogs did not want to tell me why. Never returned to find out. Master was not there."

Omen understood this to some degree at least. The sort of reaction Sen and Lin had there, tended to come whenever most creatures were told about horrible creatures trying to make others go silent and red. Especially details seemed to make most do some weird faces and talk about how horrible it were, or that they were disgusted, and what her siblings here were showing were pretty much the same as them. It were a welcome, familiar reaction to things, all the way down to not wanting to hear more, such as details about what she had seen.

That it had sounded like she meant that the wicker creatures were just being hunted and burned for no reason, whilst letting out screams, went straight over her head though. In her mind, she had made it obvious that she meant that the tree creatures were chasing after the locals and attacking them, which were why the locals were screaming, and they had to burn them to save their own hides. As the conversation on this seemed to end now, as they went on to talk about a wicker thing that wasn't an enemy of some kind, this would likely not be cleared up for a long time, if ever. Yet with neither side knowing the other had said something else, it mattered little.

Moving on to the subject at hoof though, Omen looked on as she saw the two of them demonstrate what to do with the ball. It seemed to be focused around bouncing the ball on your head, whilst also passing it on to others. It seemed similar to what Omen had seen Discord do plenty of times in her own day, just that this ball did not change forms, became alive, or were a pony from the start. She should be able to take part in this, though she had to remember not to use gates when the ball were headed towards her, even though she were used to dealing with incoming whatever that way.

It made her chest feel a little warmer as she saw Sen and Lin run around and play like this, laughing and seemingly having a good time. They seemed to be very happy, as best she could tell. Like small ones playing ball, yet they had after all said that they did this originally when they were small, so it made sense enough that they still had fun with it.

As the ball eventually landed at Omen's hooves, Shrimp would attack it right away and wrap himself around it for a little whilst nibbling at it. He seemed to get bored pretty easily with it though, or at least wanting to see it be bounced around instead, so he unwrapped himself from it after about ten seconds and started to push it towards Omen whilst chirping. He were too small to join in on bouncing it around, but she could do it at least.

Rising it up with her tongue, Omen would slowly put it on her head, and with her tongue still wrapped around it, move it up and down a few dozen times, to try and get the feel for how this were. It were somewhat strange, but perhaps it would work? She wanted to try and join in at least, and see if she too could have fun, as Sen and Lin had. Another elusive emotion that she would want to experience, especially as this particular one seemed like a good one.

When she assumed herself ready, she put the wicker ball up high, let got of it properly, and bounced it once on her head before it were sent in Lin's direction with an upward curve. It had not been intended to do so, but without her tongue adding in as balance, her aim had been off compared to her training attempts.

==============================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Looking at what Ruby were doing, Spicy just observed in a rare moment of silence, trying to see if she could guess what sort of thing were being used here exactly. Which as it turned out, she couldn't, but eh, whatever. This weren't her loot anyway, so she didn't need to figure out what to do to touch it without getting hurt. She just had to remember to tell Marley at some point to not rearrange anything over in Ruby's corner of the vault, lets he'd end up regretting it big time.

"Alright, seems like we're sorted. Been a pretty good day for profits I'd say, but hey, day's still young, and like I said earlier, we should really celebrate it. Come on Ruby, open up a sliver and tell me what you do when you wanna have fun. Can't be my suggestions all the way, or we'll end up in the drunk tank in the Las Vegas prison with a traffic cone glued to our heads.

...Heh, that sure were some good times."

It weren't all bad to be there. She had the chance to sleep off her hangover, were watched in case she got some sort of bad effect from it, and y'know, the prison guard were a pretty nice fellow to have a chat with once she sobered up. Long as she got past all the drunk flirting, but he were a real good sport in just letting that slide, and realizing that it were whatever amalgamation of booze in her system that were making all the talking there.

=================================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"You don't eat bread then? Huh... What sorta thing do you like to eat actually? I know you eat animals like fish and I guess birds and stuff, but now I dunno what else is good. Treats are okay, like cake? And plant stuff's not good, so... No veggies, fruit, bread, stuff like that? What about stuff that's sweet, but made from fruit, like jam?"

Berry didn't think her day were gonna include talking diet with a siren, but today had been her third weirdest days ever already, so sure, time to go down that route, see whatever else were gonna happen, and then review and decide if it could crack into being the second weirdest. Here were hoping it wouldn't include a monster attack, or a band of kitsune coming in to cause a ruckus. Better weird than dangerous, or outright insane.

@Blitz Boom

He chuckles a little "Oh come on Tidal, I was jo..." his eyes widen "Y-you're joking right? There really is such a thing as land sharks? Or at least sharks that can go on land so to speak?" he'd blinks a couple of times "Well then, that's a thing I never thought I'd hear" he'd say "but I can imagine sirens, giant squids and kelpies" he says "Though it seems myth comes to life" he would say but then smiles "You've pretty much sold me, sounds a lot more exciting and more..useful than those snooty Royal and Night Guards"

6 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Briar chuckled a little under his breath, took a few steps forward, and gently put a hoof on Velvet's shoulder. It would feel as if somepony were touching him with a wooden log, overgrown with moss, which were about the closest one could come to describing the mossy texture of Briar's coat, and the flexible bark making up his skin.

"Ease yourself. I do not expect you to simply jump into this right away, as clearly, it is something you would wish to debate with yourself first. Something which I could imagine may take a long time until you are certain. So if I may make a suggestion? If you could procure some paper and a pen, I could tell you who I know who could be of help to you in this endeavor, where they are, and how to contact them, and if you then at some point feel the urge to take the jump and seek to advance yourself or simply explore, try and reach out to one of them to set up something, hm?"

He wished to help, but as mentioned, this one were very indecissive it seemed, or at the very least needed to turn this in his mind for quite a while. It were likely for the best that he were simply given the tools to go through with this at a later date, and then eventually have debated it with himself enough to decide whatever or not to go through with it.

"How long will you be in Vanhoover, Mr. Briar?" Velvet would ask after a silent moment of debate, possibly a moment longer than he actually needed. The hoof on his shoulder was comforting, even if Brair was more of a pony-shaped plant than a pony with plant elements. He could still feel his heart racing and the fear of the unknown eating at him, but what did he have to lose now that he was thinking on it. "If you're going to be in the city much longer, please come and visit before you leave. I'll have an answer for you by then, if not sooner."

If nothing else, it was progress, even if it was spurred by Briar's touch and an awkward silence. Eventually, Velvet went to the counter to get some paper and a pen, offering it to Briar. Of course, he had no way of knowing that he was hardly the only one to shy away from the call to adventure.

@Blitz Boom Ziggy would most likely have a WONDERFUL nights sleep. As dawn breaks, the first thing she'd smell is breakfast, the smell wafting up and into the room. She'd feel warmth and body heat from all sides. Tucked in around her forelegs are the seven foals, still asleep. Behind her, Serenade in her Siren form has Ziggy and the foals tucked up with her forelimbs on either side of Ziggy. Serenade's head is back, her mouth open and tongue to one side, she is also suffering from bed mane. Tis a wide and unkempt creature, nightmare of the most Upperclass Pony.

@Blitz Boom

((Meh . . . I guess this could have turned out worse for a first post in the IC RPing section))

Eventide Melody hummed lightly to herself as she walked through Ponyville.

School had ended several minutes ago, and now she was heading home. Her mind shied away from that day and wandered to a more fantastical collection of thoughts. She still had a song stuck in her head from three, maybe four days ago.

Eventide subconsciously held her head upwards (but still in a comfortable position), having long ago decided it was better to look confident than to look vulnerable. It was most likely the only thing that could make her look like she actually cared what other ponies thought.

With her vibrant mane and dark coat, she was easy to spot in a crowd, and knew it. However, most ponies in Ponyville knew her already, and the few pairs of eyes that were drawn to her odd colors were ignored by her.

Still, it wasn’t the only thing she felt like was different about her, and she couldn’t help but feel like there was nopony in all of Equestria who would completely understand her. She could only wish there was.

A mare could dream.

@Blitz Boom

No one ever got the hang of anything on their first attempt and that was no different for both Sen and Lin; seeing Omen try bouncing the ball on her head then a misaimed bounce towards Lin got her immediately opening a gate at the apex of the arc and exiting out of a gate closer to Sen, who let the ball run along his back and around his tail before whipping it up and catching it.

“How about we try passing the ball around first? Pass to me or Lin and we’ll send it back your way. We could even get Shrimp to join! Roll the ball to him and he’ll roll it to whoever he wants.”

“If you’re feeling confident, Omen, you can try mixing things up! Open a gate and send the ball through, keep us guessing where the ball will come out. You might not be able to get the ball bouncing straight on your head but we’ll make sure you’ll get your chance to try!”

Both siblings were really enthusiastic about playing this childhood game with Omen and Shrimp, encouraging both of them to try it out, twists and all. This was as close as the two could get to winging their practice as much as possible. There wasn’t a single method for both Sen and Lin to perfect bouncing the ball with different body parts or playing the game perfectly. They simply went along with whatever happened and adapted. Omen might need a few rounds to get but there’s time and they’re patient, what with waiting for Rosa’s interrogation to finish and all. 

With their little pause in the game out of the way, Sen tossed the ball back at Omen and anticipated what she will do next. Even if they don't do much besides having a bit of fun, hopefully they could make Omen happy by just passing the time this way. 

@Blitz Boom
Hunt, lay on treasure in cave, fight....those were the first things that came to Ruby's mind, but she of course couldn't say them, and luckily she had prepared other answers "I usually go to bars, clubs, and other such places, and if I don't feel like doing any of the available activities there, I may mess with few stallions or even mare and possibly get a bit of money out of it." she didn't see a reason why she couldn't be honest about the money part, after all, it wasn't like Spicy was fully one the good side of the law either. 

-------------------------------------------------------
"I eat fruits, berries and such, really the only things I don't like are things that taste like grass, so, in other word, straight up plants, and veggies, and anything that is just water and crushed grass, like bread is, or at least it was only that, and it still tastes like it would be only that." Nada explained, it was hard to say what she didn't eat when she had no way knowing what type of foods existed nowadays "I can't survive with any of those of course, but I can eat all of them now and then, if they taste aright that is." 

@Blitz Boom

Undead creatures were proving to as troublesome and grotesque as the books she read said they were.  To be able to fall apart and reassemble at the whims of some dark creature was annoying to say the least.  The majority of magic in Equestria was very simplistic as most unicorns only use the smallest of spells.  To see so much magic being used here in such a short amount of time was very rare for The Captain of the O.M.I.  A dark wizard defeated by her detective and now in the middle of a celebration, a dark creature openly using magic with little provocation.  The question of the true threat was whether it was the big diamond that just reassembled the four zombies she just dispatched and was swinging a large sword her way, or the hooded figure that she assumed summoned them all to begin with.

Effectively being surrounded informed the large mare that her general method of theatrics succeeded in grabbing the attention she wanted. Sometimes a mare just wanted to be noticed... In the case of Minty, she always wanted to be noticed.  A sword swing, a dark magic spell and four more zombies.  What to do?  "How rude," she insulted the larger diamond dog.  There was a flash of mint light just as the sword came down upon her and the dark magic blast met.  Minty was gone, along with a massive chunk of the earth from where she was standing.  A breath later, Minty came riding down not ten feet above the reassembled zombie dog on top of the chunk of earth that had been compressed in a dense heavy bolder.  Slamming down on the foe with enough force to sink the boulder a good four feet into the ground with a wet squish and a hard rumble.  Reaching up with a hoof, she gave her mane a flick to fix it from the movement caused in the short ride down from teleporting herself and the boulder to fall on the reassembled zombie.  Walking off the boulder that would normally result in a nasty fall, instead appeared she was walking down an invisible staircase.  No need to get dirty with a fall after all.

As for the pesky zombies that were attempting to flank the fair lady, no need to leave them in a status to be reassembled.  With a crackle of arcane energy she stomped the ground and unleashed an inferno of the mint colored fire.  Bathing the zombies in a wash of fire that left the summoned creatures in cinders like she did to the crystal spiders that assaulted the school.

It was only then that she noticed others were in attendance to the show that was going on.  A growing audience only worked to excite the snow white mare.  Taking Caramel's advice with a nod.  Turning her attention back to the large diamond dog, having been given the battle with it by Caramel.  She called the flames back to her, passing over the pegasus like a warm blanket to swirl around the unicorn.  Out of the flames two dozen elegant spears formed, crystallized and floated around her.  With but a smile, the spears launched at the large creature with force and speed of being fired from ballista. 

@Succubusted

"Wish I were joking, but no, those things were real. Haven't seen or heard about 'em for years, but mark my word, one day I'll figure out what sorta wacko made them, and I'll throw his flank in the cage right over the sharks breeding grounds, until he can be properly processed. Considering what sorta trouble that one caused, I ain't gonna rush to get him outta there either."

The hanging cages were something the other guards considered somewhat barbaric, but like most other generals before her, Tidal didn't see an issue, long as they were used as the short term scare tactic they were. Throw somepony up there, let 'em swing above the sharks who liked to swim upwards and make biting motions at whoever were lounging up there for a few hours, and all of a sudden they'd be nice and ready to talk. The things were safe, and they didn't have any above any actual dangerous, out of control sharks, but it functioned well as a psychological tool.

Except for the one she had in mind. That were the last one they had that were above dangerous ground, and that one only got used to the real nasty cases that didn't deserve any sorta pity. It were too high up for anything to reach whoever got trapped there, but the few times it had been used - last time being before she took over as general - it had proven itself to still be a miserable, nerve wracking experience, which no creature wished to go through again.

"Anyway, it's good that we still got your attention, though you shouldn't scoff too much at the regular royal guards. They're doing good work inland, just that some of 'em think they're all grand and mighty just because they work for a princess, and we're more ruled by tradition and law.

Now, quick question for ya: Are you interested in seeing how it looks like where I'm from? I can call on Lieutenant Haze anytime and get a teleport back to Shark Bay. Wouldn't be too big a hassle to take a passenger along for a lil' visit. Though speaking of visit, I do have somepony here in town I gotta go say hi to before leaving actually. What ya say we swing by him, then go to my turf for a visit? I'll make sure you get back without a hitch soon as you're ready if it is."

======================================================================================

@EcstaticWind

On 8/22/2019 at 2:33 AM, EcstaticWind said:

"How long will you be in Vanhoover, Mr. Briar?"

"Three days. Unless something troubling happens in town, that will be the maximum amount of time I thought it best to be in a new area for Brittle. It can be damaging to jump too much out of your comfort zone at once."

As the paper and pen were offered to Briar, the evergrown would chuckle and point at his closed eyes with a kind smile on his face.

"As I am sure you can understand, I have never been a reader or writer, due to my lack of vision. If you would like to though, I can tell you of five beings that would suit you well, and you can write them down."

The names listed would be:

Trail Tracker: Male Pony.

Duster: Female Griffon.

Flaxy: Female Diamond Dog.

Raven Eye: Male Bat Pony.

Lulu Leila: Female Changeling.

He knew of a few more, but these seemed to give the best variety, and were the ones he knew of that had the best sort of reputation on working with others. Contact information and where their home towns were located were also included in the information Briar would give alongside the rest.

===================================================================================================

@Moonlit

Mmmm, ir smelled good.

Ziggy sniffed the air as the smell of breakfast wafted up towards her, waking her up.

Sadly, she were still a prisoner of war here it seemed, with several guards pinning her down, and a big squishy one with a mane like a wilderbeast ensuring her imprisonment behind her. It were truly a grim situation, devoid of any hope. Might as well just lay here and surrender to these merciless creatures then.

As her eyes wandered over things, she'd see Fah'Lina on a ledge or clinging to a part of the ceiling, looking down on the lot of them, and smirking behind her little paws. Something told the zegasus that this one were planning to do something, or perhaps already had? What horrors could have happened during Ziggy's capture? Potentially another bucket of water above a door. The little critter had found that funny a few times before, though as they'd eventually learn when at some point they'd have to wake up and leave the room, that wasn't it.

===================================================================================================

@Galaxical Phoenix

Being a bit spaced out for a moment, as he were examining a blotch of dark paint that had seemingly been dropped on a nearby wall, staining the white paint that otherwise made up for the exterior, Cover hadn't taken notice of much around him, which accidentally meant that he bumped into someone else a few seconds later.

"Uhm, sorry. I were just looking at... Something..."

As he turned to look at who had had accidentally wandered into the side of, he'd more or less get blown away and look with a slightly slacking jaw and eyes open in surprise, at the sight of the mare who stood in front of him.

How could he have not seen this one, or heard of her for that matter? Her coat with that combination of colors in her mane and tail... She stood out like no one else he had seen since leaving the ruins of Ormenthal. No, his entire life. Not even back then could anyone compare with this mare's looks, and the one three houses down had been plenty special looking. Yet this were another league entirely.

He suddenly bit notice in how it must look like, that some random stallion were gawking at you like this, and with a blush on his cheeks, he lowered his gaze and his head a little. Embarrassed at himself for how he reacted, considering he knew full well that being looked upon that way himself, did not feel good. It made him feel like some sort of attraction in a freak show.

"S-Sorry. I didn't mean to uhm... Gawk. Just never seen another pony quite like you. And I mean that in the best way. O-Of course."

Oh smooth there Cover. Sound like a complete tool right off the bat. *sigh* No wonder he had no friends when he couldn't even approach anyone without coming off like a fool.

============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Guessing. Okay."

The next time the ball came in her direction, Omen would open a gate in front of it, and around two dozen other small ones scattered around the area where Sen and Lin stood, as well as having one down near Shrimp.

The refraction of course, went over to have a look into said portal, but didn't even get his head stuck through before the ball rolled out towards him, and he intercepted it, which ended with him rolling with it all the way over to where Lin stood, as the ball had not lost momentum from entering the gate.

As for the gates in question, Omen kept most of the open, except for the one she had used to grab the ball with. She would open new ones for that, and then it would pop out through one of the other gates at random. She didn't even know which one for sure. It were harder with this many exit points, and she understood the idea of the ball's positioning being a surprise, as meaning that she couldn't know where it were either.

Sen and Lin could also throw the ball through one of these and have it end through any opening as well, if they so chose to try.

In the meantime, Shrimp would unwrap from the ball and push it up against Lin's leg with his head.

"Lihm!"

He tried to say *ball* after that, but the closest he got after about a dozen attempts, were *Bwarl*, before he gave up for now and just randomly switched between chirping and saying Lin's name as best he could. It seemed one of his big hurdles were the letter N, which were heard in his inability to say that in either name of his three caretakers, but Lin might be happy that he at least now tried to say her name too, and seemed content with how close he got it.

=========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Spicy snickered a little to herself after what Ruby had said, thinking a few things from what she had heard that weren't to be mentioned around decent folks, and likely not Ruby either, as it did involve her. She just had to let this thought finish and get the laugh out of her system, even if it were low.

"Sounds like you're hustling. Fair way to earn a bit of pocket change on the gullible, and I gotta agree, it's pretty fun. Learned a lot from the pool hustlers back near where I grew up on how to read folks, pick out the biggest suckers, and then play 'em good. Heh, I think you would've gotten along great in my old neighborhood, and y'know, if you feel like tricking some dirt heads for a good laugh, we can head out for one of those. It's in a bar too, so I can go put my liver through the test at the same time."

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Alright, good to know that. I'll make sure to not bring stuff tasting like a farm for the next time, and focus on some good, fruity drinks when I go through the coffee samplers at work. Got some good ones there, like a specialty of mine: The Seven Berry Bonanza. I know it sounds cheesy, but I miiiight've been a tiny bit drunk at the time, and the boss liked it, so that's what's on the menu. It got a pretty rich layer of berry tastes that keeps shifting as you drink it."

And a shot of a whole bunch of other things, which again, had been connected to her being a bit under the weather at the time, and just goofing around. Been real lucky that Stare had kept her eyes on her throughout the whole thing and remembered how it were made, or she'd be unable to recreate this, because she had no real recollection of the event. Truth be told, she'd been way more plastered than she cared to admit.

=======================================================================================

@Emerald<3

"Shiny beetles. Crunchy. Easy prey."

He were referring to a red and green, glistening beetle that were found in the Everfree Forest, normally around any sort of area that had  a large collection of many.colored flowers where they could hide. They were pretty slow and lazy, so they were easy to track down and eat, and they were too weak to fight back. Nature had skilled them with sheer numbers instead of survival tools, which kept the ecosystem going at least, whilst giving them an integral part in the delicate balance.

Honestly, it were a buffet to run into them for any insect eater, or others who liked things like shiny powder for whatever, as their shells could be ground into that and used in stuff like fireworks or just glitter for school use.

========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

The pack leader were furiously enraged at the opposition it were getting right now. First the big one were crushed by the massive patch of dirt, right after its own attack had missed, then the small ones had almost all been burned to a cinder, making them essentially useless and unable to be reassembled in any sort of way, and now this one were gearing up to attack it? This outsider would pay for her transgressions!

Sadly for it, it did not have the speed needed to avoid the spears, and not enough foresight to hide underground again before they were fired off, so it would be impaled and slung back, pulled out of the ground and slammed into a nearby tree from the force of the spears. It were still clinging on it seemed, and rose a paw towards Minty with black goo pulsing out of its broken maw, but before anything were done, it were finished off.

Not by Caramel though. She had meant it when she said that she'd leave this to Minty. The unknown, hooded being however, had made no such promise, and had suddenly been standing next to the creature, before touching it with completely cloaked leg or arm of some kind.

As that happened, the pack leader would let out a guttural sound, before a ghastly energy would float out of every opening in the creature and towards the hooded being. The more floated down, the more shrunken in and shriveled the creature became, until five seconds later when the last energy ran down, the energy shut off in the pack leaders eyes, and it fell apart right there on the spot.

Around them, the remaining diamond dog risen were in disarray from the lack of leadership, and scrambled to get to the openings in the ground to make a retreat.

Quickly though, they suddenly found themselves engulfed in pale, see through mist and fell apart, shriveled and with the light shut off in their eyes as well. This would happen so quickly that it were hard to discern what were going on exactly, but it seemed like the Helhests were moving at speeds high enough to more or less be counted as short range teleportation, ran through them, and that somehow seemed to harvest the creatures of whatever energy they had with them. The trail of the wispy mist that followed the skeletal equines, and ran throughout the paths where they had intercepted the diamond dogs seemed to heavily suggest that at least, but considering that no impact damage of hoof prints were seen, they seemed to have some control over whatever or not they were going corporeal, as they did leave hoof prints whilst wandering slowly again, towards the hooded figure.

Soon as they got over to the creature, it would lay a limp on the closest, and with an echoing whinny, they were all suddenly gone, with the fading, wispy trail leading away from the town.

"...We are in so much trouble."

Caramel looked mortified. Had this not included what she had just seen, she could likely have just focused on the brilliant show that Minty made of this, but with the subject at hoof being what it were, she instead found herself sitting on the ground and looking in grim disbelief towards where the other ones had run off towards, whilst the realization of what she had just witnessed dawned more and more on her.

As Minty were not local, and would likely not grasp the full context of this issue, this would be a good time to ask questions. if she decided to give chase though, she'd find that the trail would quickly vanish too much to follow, and she'd be no closer to finding whoever the figure were. The mysterious challenger had escaped.

@Blitz Boom One of the foals yawns, arches her back and grumbles, rolling over and nesting in Ziggy's forelegs. Two others continue to chew her mane. Eventually the foals start to get up, the smell of food and the rumbling of tiny bellies. There is a soft knock, and Harmony slowly opens the door.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder grins "Are you kidding? Any chance to see some place I haven't seen before? That's an adventure in of itself!" He'd explain with a big goofy grin, "and sure, that's fine, I've got to go see my little sister, Fluttershy anyway, I did kind of promise to her that I would visit before I leave" he'd smile "So, where should we meet up, an when?"

@Blitz Boom

Eventide Melody blinked, a bit startled. She didn’t keep walking, instead stopping to look at the stallion.

“It’s - It’s fine. And thanks.”

Her “thanks” wasn’t particularly vigorous, but at the same time it didn’t sound too far from genuine. At the very least, there wasn’t a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

Eventide noticed that her eyes had wandered across the stallion’s odd appearance, and hoping that she didn’t look judgemental, she quickly shifted her gaze back up to his face.

He certainly wasn’t from Ponyville, which only made her more curious. After all, he might just have been the only pony that stood out as much as she did. Maaaaaaaaybe. She still stood out a lot. 

Where could he be from . . . ?

And did he have a story to tell, too?

She just hoped that she wouldn’t be too awkward. Conversations with new ponies were never all that easy.

Edited by Galaxical Phoenix
Accidentally posted before finishing :T

@Blitz Boom

Right on cue, Sen lightly tossed the ball towards Omen, enough for her to get some time to open a gate that would send the ball… wherever. Now it was just about time for both Sen and Lin to wait and see where it will go. Eventually, the ball rolled out closest to Shrimp and the longma siblings loosened their stance to watch what the little creature would do next. Of course, with Shrimp curiously playing with the object, they would have a brief moment of respite to watch until the refraction rolled the ball over to Lin’s leg. With a cute string of sounds coming from the creature, Lin fawned over him, crouching down and stroking him on the head.

“Aww… you said my name! Pretty soon you’ll be speaking better! I’ll make sure of it.”

Lin then tossed the ball behind her without looking, expecting it to land in one of Omen’s gates or for Sen to catch it. It was the latter that happened, though Sen didn’t hesitate to bounce the ball on his head twice before attempting to balance it on his muzzle. 

This didn’t last long as the moment he lost his balance, he immediately launched the wicker ball through one of the gates closer to Omen. He’d anticipate where it will appear next and Lin would ready herself as well. 

“Omen, Shrimp, get ready! The ball could come from anywhere!”

@Blitz Boom
"Well, I'm not against it, and it's not like we have anything better to do right now.
" Ruby replied, making herself sound like she actually thought it could be fun, still keeping part of her usual lack of interest mixed in so it wouldn't sound too weird. She didn't pay too much attention to Spicy's snickering, as she figured it was because of the idea of hustling ponies, since ponies seemed to laugh when they thought about doing something that brought amusement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada just nodded, as she didn't really have anything to comment, she could have asked how it's done to allow for the taste to change while drinking, but she didn't deem it necessary information. After a moment though, she started thinking about something "I know this may be a odd question, but I'm curious, what is it like to be drunk?" "I mean, I know the basics of it, but I have never actually experienced it since I have never really drank in that way."

@Moonlit

Ziggy were going to need several syringes of insulin if she kept getting bombarded with this much cuteness. It was like a massive sugar rush, except right now, she couldn't fly around to burn off all the excitement and energy she felt, without disturbing the foals, and that wasn't an option. It were making her all jittery on the inside, but she managed to keep it in control with a sort of determination she rarely showed when it didn't involve a patient, or somepony new who needed a hug.

Thankfully, the tiny ones eventually started to get off and make their way down towards the smell of food. Or they'd get up at least. The smell following likely wouldn't come until they notice that the door were open, and Harmony stood within, ready to call the breakfast bell on the ravenous creatures. If they were anything like her at least, the cost of tremendous energy output like when they were pretty good at keeping themselves out of her grip with their speed and reflexes - though if she went all in rather than play along and be somewhat cautious, she could have totally caught them - came at an increased need for energy intake. AKA, they would get huuuuuuungry!

If her front hooves were free, Ziggy would wave at Harmony. If not, she'd just nod with a big smile on her face. The negotiator had arrived to free the hostage.

====================================================================================

@Succubusted

"Sounds grand. How about say, an hour, and we meet up at that coffee place, Sloppy Joe's? I'll be there for about that long anyway, and it'll give you some good time in giving some talky time to your sis. Give her a greeting from the Coastal Guards by the way, will ya? She's been doing some good work the last couple of years."

So this were the brother of one of the elements of harmony? Oh, she were definitely going to grab this one. Would be a good feather in her hat if he got in to the Coastal Guards, and would show some pretty snooty Solar Guards that just 'cause their captain were related to royalty, they weren't the only ones who could stake that claim.

Of course, Thunder would still have to prove his worth through the ranks like everypony else. Didn't matter if it were a regular stallion off the streets, a drunkard getting a last chance to sober up and get his life on track, or even a darn foal of one of the princesses. No special treatment for any of 'em, and if that were an issue, then well, the Coastal Guards were not for you. You earned your rank among them, from grunt to general. How it had always been, and she weren't gonna be the general to buckle that trend.

===================================================================================

@Galaxical Phoenix

Guess... Guess he wasn't the only one who were gawking a little.

Cover Up wasn't blind. He saw how her eyes had wandered too, just like his had. Likely trying to judge on what sort of pony would wander around looking like this, and especially at this age. Ponies in this sort of area were not often the kind who went for tattoos, and he would admit that the bits he earned here and there to get by with, mostly came from helping out where there were a need and painting, as it were a thing of interest to some that he could remove black coloring on for example walls, where a dropped bucket or such could really mess up a long days work. That and he were good at painting corners pretty accurately, which were a hassle for some.

It didn't earn him much, but long as he were aware of what he spent, he managed to get by on it, and have some meals and a roof over his head at the local inn. Not warm meals all that often, but again, the sort of clientele he normally could earn some more on via tattoos, were not found in this area, so he had to save where he could. Although with the Courier's Guild who came in for work on the town repairs over the last few days, he had managed to get some customers from that, so he were well set for a time. The minotaurs had been especially fascinated by this, and had wanted to outdo one another, though that one dragon who wanted a discreet one done on the inside of his wing had been an... Experience. It played on your nerves to work on a creature who were several times larger than you, and could burn you if you messed up.

Thinking on this for a moment helped him to sort of remove himself from this situation, and get his nerves a little under control. The mare had looked, and didn't run off or growl at him, so... Perhaps he should try and talk to her? *gulp* Here went nothing he supposed...

"So u-uhm... You have a p-pretty color scheme. I don't see odd color mashing like that a lo- Oh! Oh... I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you l-looked weird or anything, just uhm... Unique! Yes, that's the word..."

His voice lowered as he tried to unclog the hoof he had just metaphorically shoved into his muzzle.

Why was this so much harder than speaking to others right now? Were it really that rattling to speak with another who stood out so much, that he couldn't get his thoughts properly aligned and just speak like he would to anyone else? It... Actually sounded about right, actually.

By the gods, why couldn't he just try and look past how much he really wanted to speak with this one and not have her run off? Perhaps it weren't a friendship school he needed, but a bonk on the head with a mallet to see if he'd get his idiocy rattled loose.

@EQ_Theta

Shrimp wriggled joyfully under the pets he were receiving from saying Lin's name well enough to be understood. Positive feedback like this were gonna help him understand that he should try speaking some more, so while it might be several days or weeks again before he tried something new, he were bound to give something else a try too now, soon as he thought he could do it well enough.

As the ball went in through a gate, pummeled on by Lin, it would pop out just in front of omen, who got hit in the snout, before awkwardly trying to push it back in the same gate via her head, which missed, and went through another gate instead. Which then ended up hitting her in the back of the head.

As the ball then dropped towards the floor, she'd open a gate beneath it, where it would fall into, and this time, bounce out just behind Sen, where it should land pretty softly on his neck, as the impacts on Null had slowed the recent momentum it had gotten.

They might also start to notice they had gotten an audience, as some of the unformed siblings started to gather up around the gates and look out at what were going on, and followed the ball moving with their pale eyes, as their gooey forms blended in and out of one another. They couldn't pass through with bodies of their own - a few tried, but seemed like they were pushing on glass as they reached the opening - but they'd enjoy watching what were going on, along with the light and colors, and would move out of the way as the ball bounced through, and follow it as it rolled in their home, before getting through another gate, rinse and repeat.

========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Alright! Then let's b-"

"Hmhm. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

Ruby would have heard, sensed, or smelled him before he entered the vault, but for Spicy, Marley had snuck in and leaned against the wall with his gold on his back, and a smaller satchel next to it that seemed to be fortified with some pretty tough leather. Whatever were in there, were not shiny or made of precious metal.

"You are and you know it. Darn it, and just as I had looked forward to a good ol' mare's night."

"Pish posh. If you wish to go and enjoy yourself, then by all means, feel free to. I have several things I can do here, such as preparing to come pay for your bail again."

"Something tells me you're gonna need to prep extra then. Been a good day, and I feel like celebrating. You're still game for it at least, right Ruby?"

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"It sorta varies from being to being. I for example, goes wandering around in a daze and start nibbling ears, which is why I haven't gone for enough booze for that state since my graduation. It makes things weird.

Others are weirder. Some dragons starts burping up fire bubbles, griffons sometimes claws at trees with their beaks looking for worms, a couple of ponies I know off begin getting violent, whilst a few others just gets rambly and falls into things.

But y'know, that's behavior. For the general feel on how it is, I'd say... Kinda like putting a warm blanket over your brain. The more you drink, the more it makes you feel good, but also takes away all those regular things like logic and restrictions. Most I know that gets way plastered have basically no filter between thinking they wanna do something, and just doing it. Might not sound too bad, but y'know, A lot of those spur of the moment thoughts can get mighty awkward, and sometimes dangerous for yourself or others.

Honestly, I'd advise to only take a bit, and enjoy a bit of a fuzzy buss that keeps your mind pretty sharp, but also makes you feel warm and relaxed. Sometimes I pour burbon in my coffee after a stressful day to get that, and just mellow out.

Keep in mind to drink some water afterwards though, or you'll likely get a hangover. Alcohol dries out ya head, so if you don't hydrate, it's gonna start pounding like a group of loggers are chopping away inside your scalp."

@Blitz Boom Harmony would give watch each foal as it walked past, yawning. They were still sleepy, but the promise of food lured them onwards. Eventually Serenade would yawn, arch her back like a cat, then fall back asleep. Harmony would enter, giving Fah'lina a nod, and walk up to Ziggy. She gave Serenade a poke "Wake up sleepy head, food is

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would smile and nod "An hour at Sloppy Joe's" he would say and smile some more "Sure sounds good, and I'll definitely give her your regards, I am sure she would love to hear that her work is appreciated" he would say, waving to Tidal and then making his way to his little sister's.

About forty minutes later, he would be finished talking with Fluttershy and then arrive about 20 minutes early, so he'd get himself a thickshake and make his way to a table.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:50 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Three days. Unless something troubling happens in town, that will be the maximum amount of time I thought it best to be in a new area for Brittle. It can be damaging to jump too much out of your comfort zone at once."

As the paper and pen were offered to Briar, the evergrown would chuckle and point at his closed eyes with a kind smile on his face.

"As I am sure you can understand, I have never been a reader or writer, due to my lack of vision. If you would like to though, I can tell you of five beings that would suit you well, and you can write them down."

The names listed would be:

Trail Tracker: Male Pony.

Duster: Female Griffon.

Flaxy: Female Diamond Dog.

Raven Eye: Male Bat Pony.

Lulu Leila: Female Changeling.

He knew of a few more, but these seemed to give the best variety, and were the ones he knew of that had the best sort of reputation on working with others. Contact information and where their home towns were located were also included in the information Briar would give alongside the rest.

Velvet wrote down the names as Briar listed them, spelling out what he'd written to check for whether or not he'd spelled it correctly, hoping it had been spelled out for Briar at some point as well. He gazed at the list with his heart pounding in his chest, trying to keep calm as the feeling of being overwhelmed returned. Perhaps he should close up early today and spend the time debating and resting his overactive mind. Hopefully nopony would mind him going home early.

@Blitz Boom

“It’s - It’s fine, honest. I’d take it as a compliment any day.”

Eventide Melody smiled as she spoke, and let that smile linger after she was finished. After the initial shock of running into him, it probably wasn’t the best smile she could offer, but she hoped that it at least put him at ease a tiny bit. At the very least, she didn’t want to make him feel uneasy. Or offended by any unintentional and possibly judgemental-seeming glance of hers or really anything else she could possibly do.

Aaaaaaaaand I’m back at being afraid of offending anypony. Cod, social interaction is hard.

Eventide suddenly noticed his large paintbrush and ink, only more intrigued. Who knows? Maybe I’ve just run into the only pony in all of Equestria who understands me . . .

She considered asking him if he was an artist, but being the weird . . . thing that it was, her brain refused to let her ask. Stupid brain.

I really do hope that I don’t make him feel uncomfortable.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby indeed sensed Marley before he made his presence known, but didn't say anything to Spicy to keep her better senses hidden from her. She nodded to Spicy's question "I don't see why you think Marley's arrival would change that." "But first..." she turned towards Marley "...you better stay away from my things..." she pointed towards her corner "...not because I think you would steal them, but because they are protected with magic strong enough to remove more than few feathers if you do." "The chest with the bag is especially unstable." she was actually being honest this time, she really didn't think Marley would steal them, he knew too much to be so stupid.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Nada to her usual manner listened patiently, and after Berry had finished, she thought for a second before responding "So in conclusion, I'm not really missing out anything good, and especially now that I still have a bit....less that perfect opinion about most ponies, it probably is better that I stay away from doses strong enough to make me drunk since me losing control could get dangerous."

@Blitz Boom

Sen caught the ball on his back and let it roll along the length of it down to his tail before sending the ball back over to Lin and Shrimp. It was at this point that he picked up on the gates and the eyes peering from the other side. Unnerved at first, he then remembered where those went and who those eyes belonged to. Lin noticed this after the fact, pausing their little game to see what was going on.

“Looks like we got ourselves an audience.”

“Wouldn’t want to disappoint them,” Sen stroked his chin as he observed them for a minute. “How about we give them a show?”

Lin nodded in silence, tossing the ball back to Sen who ran it along the edge of his wings. From one tip to the other, the wicker ball balanced along the thin ridge then down along one side of his body to the other wherever he would want it to go. Once he was done, he tossed it to a nearby gate and the ball reappeared behind Lin, who promptly threw it to the wall and bouncing it back at her and balancing it on her snout. She would blow some air at the ball to get it to rise a little bit before letting it come down for her to repeat. 

“Coming at you, Omen!” The longma rolled the ball over to the Ki’Nathar. After seeing how Omen fared with the ball’s randomized entries and exits, she’d play it safe for now and build up her friend’s confidence and coordination.

@Blitz Boom

It was always satisfying to see the work of one's destiny unfold before them.  That and along with the lovely rush of adrenaline that came from a battle.  Being raised in the high society of Equestrian life did nothing to lay her purpose out before her.  No matter how many lessons in etiquette she underwent while growing up had not prepared her or her family for the appearance of her cutie mark.  Hopes from her father in carrying on the legacy of their noble family were dashed in an instant.  To be fair though, their legacy was in her blood, not their business, but it was always so hard to convince older generations of that.  The family's legacy is well intact thank you very much.  But, a story for another time.

Watching the larger diamond dog become impaled by a good number of the elegant crystal spears into a tree made the larger mare giddy.  Even if her right to the killing blow was stolen from her.  Actually, could she even count a killing blow to an undead creature?  How did that work?  This new culture of Harrowmark threw so many wrenches in her own head cannon of how the world worked.  The hooded creature appeared distracted while he undid his own creations, a perfect time for the unicorn to pull a crystal spear that hadn't struck the diamond dog from a nearby tree with her magic.  Only able to spin it in a direction to launch at the badly dressed stranger before she saw the Helhests on the move.  Pulling the spear back to her instead to make sure she didn't accidentally strike one of these creatures Caramel warned her about.  Sticking it into the ground by her for later while she watched the eternal creatures deal with the remaining zombies and hooded figure.  Not really giving her all the much time to react before Minty and Caramel were alone in the clearing.

"Hmph, what rude creatures these Helhests.  They float around to watch a performance and once it's over, no flowers, no jewels, not even an applause," The Captain complained as she wandered over to where the action unfolded and they disappeared from.  Her horn still aglow, it started to spark.  Annoyed, her eyes glanced up at her horn and she reached up with a hoof to tap it.  "Calm now Minty," she took a deep breath to slow her heart rate.  Slowly the sparks stopped and she could extinguish her magic.  Keeping one's magic on a leash was always bothersome.

Noticing Caramel slump down onto the ground, she trotted over to her, after giving her mane another flick to fix it back into place.  "Come now darling.  You'll get wrinkles.  We vanquished our foes and these Helhest, while rude, finished the work for us.  As by my understanding, being touched by them was a bad thing.  And the terribly drape creature was touched."  Case closed in her book.  Caramel invited her to see something interesting things their guards deal with on a daily basis, and consider Minty sated.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Even though I'm a parasite you still want me to have a new body," Atzy cackled, forcing Karmic's body to life. It jerked in an unnatural way as Atzy got her bearings with it. She ducked out from under Enzo's paw, finally, and pointed with a hoof down the tunnel. "Still, whoever that filly was, she went down here. I just somehow know it."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I heard some odd things about him. Like he's colourful, for sure, but he also seems a bit too timid as a leader," Aurora told Happy with a bit of a jump to her step. She didn't know what the forest ahead would hold, but regardless of what happened, she'd do her utmost to keep a happy mood. Unless Timberwolves attacked them again. Unless they got ambushed by the changelings that looked like Onache now. "I haven't seen him personally, no. Up until roughly six months ago, all I really saw was my hometown."