Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Rising Dusk

8 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Am I to deliver a love letter to my dear Bash from an unknown land?  Oh how tales of his adventures have sparked the furnace of a fair maiden alchemist worlds apart," the larger mare cooed out in dramatic fashion.  Putting the back of her hoof to her forehead like an avid reading reaching a romantic position of a story.  "Yes, darling, I shall deliver such a gift," Minty affirmed with a teasing smile.

Caramel let out a short, raspy laugh at what Minty said.

"I think it better that it starts as one colleague to another, but who knows how things may go? It feels like centuries have passed since last my heart fluttered with love, yet it is a special, wonderful feeling, and if it blossomed with your capable alchemist, I certainly wouldn't be dismissive of it."

Sharing recipes were one thing, but love? Sharing what life one had left in this mortal coil with one another? It were something very different, and not just something one should jump into without thought. Yet as mentioned, who knew how things may go? She certainly had a great deal of respect for Bash already, which were a fine start, and considering looks were something that could be corrected, what it came down to were really chemistry between them, pun intended.

Oh shoot, she really should have said that to Minty. The mare might have gotten a kick out of that. Ah well, too late now she supposed, but there would be other opportunities in the future, that much she were sure of.

Dismissing more of her line of thought about Bash for now, Caramel would smile at her darling townsfolk, and their savior, who still seemed to be up and abound. No complications, no earth shattering things happening either, as he likely would have gotten more attention then... yes, it looked perfectly fine. Except the fact that the high priestess didn't seem to be here. How peculiar.

8 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Nothing to fear darling.  Only some ghastly zombies dispatched skillfully by the dear town guard here.  And a most unappreciative audience that didn't even gift us with a single flower or jewel.  They simply watched and floated away.  It was most rude," the older mare huffed in annoyance, already having forgotten what they were called.  

"Took ya'll awhile to get back for just some zombies," Rising pointed out.  "Hmph!  Can a couple of ladies not enjoy a post-battle conversation on a slow walk back?"

"It's good that you didn't get hurt. Both of you, I mean."

"Hurt? Oh perish the thought, Will-O. It were just a band of risen diamond dogs. A fruitful harvest, but nothing more. And truthfully, I hardly did anything. Minty on the other hoof, pulverized and cleaved with hardly a movement, and brought swift judgement upon the flock. Were he still here, Twisted would have envied her magic, and the style with which she uses it.

Might I ask, have something happened here, since the high priestess have gone missing?"

"I don't know for sure. She had a little talk with Rising after he showed her a wisp, blessed by Viz'nay, but then she took off to speak with someone. The mayor I think."

This were some interesting information for Caramel, who raised an eyebrow in surprise at what she heard.

"A wisp blessed by the goddess? Goodness me, our dear savior is attracting all the ladies of Harrowmark, isn't he?"

She chuckled a little as she saw Wisp get a slight, brief blush on her cheeks at the little tease. She knew it were in jest though. Caramel's personality were just like this, and it were pointless to try and change it.

"Well, it matters little. I will inform her of everything that happened later on, so worry not there Minty. Now if you will excuse me, I need to find something."

She went back towards her house with haste and some degree of elegance, stopping only briefly to address some foals who came running towards her, asking if she were going to make more treats. It were hard to say what she said from their current position, but with how she knelt down and patted the apparent leader of the group on the head as she spoke, and how the lot of them seemed to get excited soon after, it appeared that she had said yes.

"It's good to see that you both came back safely. I were a little worried, but you look to have bonded instead. A good thing."

"Yeah. I uhm... I'm kinda curious though. What did you mean you had an audience? I thought most townsfolks were here. Or did Blighteye get out to you? He tends to be pretty critical about performance acts. Him and Caramel never got along because of this."

Minty would have to consider what to do here. She could brush it off and just keep them guessing, lie about it, and have the credibility to get away with it, long as she didn't include anyone actually living in town that could be questioned - like if she claimed that a flock of specters had shown and just stared before taking off again, for example - or just tell the truth, and potentially cause a damper on the evening. It would leave them more prepared, in case the helhests and the one following them were enemies, yet at the same time, from Caramel's reaction to them, and her negligence in telling the others about it herself, it had to be considered that it might be one of those situations were it were best that the others remained blissfully unaware, whilst Thistle decided what to do with the information. It were up to Minty.

As for Caramel, she would return within five minutes, so just enough time for them to chat a little if need be, and for Minty to have a drink. if she wanted something stronger, she would still have the oak-shaped container or the local brew to pick from if she so wished, and there were still a good deal left in the large barrel a little way from them, over where the party seemed to be going as well as ever, though with less pony juggling right now. The diamond dog appeared to be eating for now instead, and the majority were chatting or dancing.

================================================================================

@Moonlit

"Hehehe, then let's go get her."

As subtle as one of her size and color could be, Ziggy would sneak over towards Serenade with the filly still on her back, readying herself for the pounce. And when they then got close enough - provided that Serenade did not retaliate and counter their assault in any sort of way - she'd jump towards the siren, hooves first, aiming to give her midsection a big ol' hug.

"All your hugs are belonging to us!"

===================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"What, honesty? From you? Why Ruby, you're showing a new side to yourself all the time."

Spicy grinned at the mare, whilst mentally bashing herself on the head for not thinking on this. It were so damn obvious! Even if this rare individual were able to look through the complicated zebra spell cloaking it, he as a guard, would have to concede that it were best to not get any dragon tourists riled up and cause an unintended ruckus. It'd be crushing for tourism if that escalated.

"Heh, joking aside, that's a solid plan. They wouldn't wanna risk a scene. Bad for tourism, and this town lives and breathes by the influx it gets from the outside. Locals are too hard to scam out of their bits normally."

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe Onache? Though that's a big maybe. I still don't trust she ain't just trying to pull our legs somehow, and get a big town full of strong creatures enthralled to her will. I know I've been talking a whole bunch about being open and look past stuff, but... Ergh, I'll have to bring you some papers on this another time. You'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I think you got 'em all. And you're right, we're a varied bunch, though we still need some more representation. Like, a griffon, mutant, and a dragon. Dragon I can handle, but griffons and other assorted doesn't get 'roung here often. Benny's another deal, since his marefriend still lives here. Heh, perhaps I should go get something from her shop tomorrow actually... Is there any sort of sweet taste that tickles your fancy? Or perhaps sour? Heck, pretty sure she'd have something for meat eaters if I asked. That one's all over the place.

...Where were we again? Oh right, a big ol' moddly group of creatures. That's us alright. Just need a team shirt and a slogan. I'm thinking *The Outcasts: We're one of a kind.*. Or something less sappy, I dunno."

===================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 9/26/2019 at 4:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"Good morning, Shrimp. Looked like you slept well!"

The refraction chirped weakly and slithered closer to Lin, under the shadow of her book if possible, to hide from the sun. He were still sleepy and wanted to continue his nap, not get up bright and early just because the light told him to.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Didn’t sleep well, Rosa?” Lin asked, offering some water to the bat pony. “Anything I can help with?”

"I think I got some good sleep at some point, but the nightmares still hold strong. I doubt that is going to change for a long time."

He'd thankfully take the offered water and down a gulp of it, trying to wash out the lingering taste of dirt that still clung to his throat after this night's nightmare.

It would be so much simpler if he could only just move on from this, by having his memories altered or removed, but he deserved this. He had caused so much pain and suffering through his actions, and even though it were unknowingly, it didn't excuse him, and he had to make amends for that. Until then, the guilt would eat at him, and feed into these nightmares.

That being said, perhaps he could find a zebra and see what their judgement would be. They knew well the ways of the mind and dreams, so perhaps if they deemed he deserved it, he could purchase a dream repressing elixir of some kind, for the tough days when he desperately needed sleep. A thought to keep in mind for another time.

"As mentioned another time though, you don't have to worry about me. This is what I deserve, and it will not change until I have made amends. I have come to accept that, though the penance can be brutal at times."

Looking around, he noticed that Omen stood silent outside. It seemed like she were besieged by nature, which likely meant that she hadn't moved for some time. Likely clearing her head.

As for Sen, whom his eyes fell upon after that, he seemed somewhat frazzled himself.

"Are things okay, Sen? You seem shaken yourself. Some nightmares of your own, perhaps?"

=======================================================================

@Etched Daydream

The archivist cringed a little as he heard that last part from Thunder.

"Thankfully, that practice died with General Chilly Wind. We still keep some copies of those forms for historical reasons though. Let me see, I think I put it..."

Bubble pondered as he looked over the large book case right behind him. He knew he had one at hoof earlier today, when another one mentioned this and he took it forth to show that things thankfully were not as bad as they once were. Question were just where he had put it... Ah right, there.

Going over to the shelf, he'd rummage up at the second shelf before withdrawing some forms encased in a protective layer that kept water, air, etc. out of it, to prevent them from rotting away.

"Here they were. Second shelf, right under the magenta conch shell. Try to read here, at form sixteen, line thirty-four."

The form he took out from the stack of papers would be about risk, and right where he pointed at, were a line that the one signing gave away any right to their soul, to the Coastal Guard itself.

"It were never really enforceable, but just think of the possibilities if it were. Spirits lingering around after dying in the line of duty... Horrible to even think of."

It were certainly disturbing, and made one question why it were added, though Thunder might also bite note in one other thing: That the young mare, Hollow Moan, they ran into earlier, had mentioned the exact position of not just the forms, but where on them they had to look.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would just blink a little at the form "Wait really? I was just joking" he would say and look it and just shake his head "I should hope it wasn't enforceable, that image alone is enough to give me nightmares for weeks" he would say, signing the ones that actually mattered "And there we go, should I get fitted for my uniform first? or go home to tell my folks...actually, I'd love to get my uniform, I can't wait to go home and just walk in in my uniform to surprise them!"

@Blitz Boom

Seems like her assessment on Shrimp’s condition was off. Understandable she’d want to sleep some more if Lin was in Shrimp’s place. That book would make a good source of shade and so the longma propped up the book to act like a roof over the refraction’s head and block out the sunlight. It appears they have some more in common; it’ll be interesting what more she’ll learn when the little creature grows up. 

“Rosa, don’t be so hard on yourself. I’m not saying you should shrug off your past but, well… maybe that kind of attitude will carry over into your nightmares, make them more terrifying. You’re taking your steps to changing for the better and I think that is admirable, to admit you’ve done wrong and doing what you can to make up for them.”

As for Sen, he shook off that feeling of dread and collected himself before coming up with an answer. His nightmare was one that was ruled by disturbing imagery, less on emotions taking hold of his thoughts. Attempting to speak about it, Sen would hold back for a moment and try to slow down his breathing, looking about ready to regurgitate something from his dinner.

He sighed, admitting to himself that perhaps this is a matter to be discussed. Pausing for a moment to recall what he saw, he’d try to construct the narrative around the setups and how it came to jolt him awake.

“Yes, a disturbing one. It’s about our mother and what happened to her when she ran from home. She was consumed by grief and when she could stomach it no more, she disappeared into the forest. I can’t help but wonder if she became something more, like in an old, scary story the longma sometimes tell by the fire. It’s about a forest monster they call Gvaern Ichaer, the Ichorous Mistress.”

“They say she came to be when a young, female longma got lost in the swamps somewhere in our forest. She called for help but none came to her aid and on her last breaths, despaired as she expired alone while hundreds of leeches feasted on her, grew fat and sucked her dry. Revulsion and fear overwhelmed her so much that her spirit couldn’t pass on and remained in the forest to this day, her skin blackened from rot with oozing pustules and deep red leeches hanging on to her for sustenance. You know when you’ve ventured to her realm when the air is covered in a thick, green mist and the tree trunks are beating red, covered by the very leeches that feed on her.”

Lin winced upon hearing those details, just like the first time she heard the tale. Disgusting as imagery goes but the tale’s details matched up with the accounts of the disappearance of Sen and Lin’s mother, hence why the longma was revolted by the thought. It is just a tale, something to scare the little ones into staying within the known parts of the forest. Nothing to suggest that an actual creature bearing similar traits exists within the forest, right?

“I had nightmares of that creature when I was young. I remember waking up in the middle of the night thinking she was nearby, ready to take me. To think a fate like that happened to my mother is a thought I wouldn’t dare entertain; she deserved better. But I take it your nightmares are of a different kind, right Rosa?”

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Wha-wait!" Atzy called after Enzo and ran to catch up to him. SHe didn't get too far behind him and ended up bumping into his back leg. She stumbled around him and shook her head to get her mind right. "The filly went this way," she eventually said and began walking in front of Enzo and down the corridor where the patches of diamond clusters began to intermittently show. With some appearing while others didn't.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora was silent while she listened to Happy. It didn't take much to figure out why she was initially shunned by her griffonic peers. She didn't speak, and merely let it all run through her head so she could process the new information.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Cherish and I are not two half-finished messes," Twilight said when she looked back to her front. "Cherish and I are merely concerned for whatever this plant creature is. It's clearly not a plant, and it's clearly not a pony by what I could see of its behind. It's a mixture of those two and it's tough to figure out if it was a plant first or a pony before whatever chaotic magic fused them together."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"You're certainly acting like one," Dawn smiled mischievously. She stepped away from the drake and stepped into the kitchen. A couple moments later, she had a glass balanced on her hoof and offered it to him. "Would the pet like some water?"

@Blitz Boom
"Sometimes truth is better than best of lies" Ruby stated with a shrug, best liars know when to tell the truth. "But yes, that is what I'm counting on, though I'm sure even the idea of a curse may work as a repellent, since I'm yet to meet anyone who would want a curse on them." sure the curse most likely didn't affect anyone else as she was around, but they didn't know it, though Ruby couldn't even be sure if it was a curse or if it had something to do with the eye belonging to a powerful dragon and her kind being close to nature, sure, to her it was a curse, but it didn't mean the eye itself necessarily was cursed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Nada became thoughtful when Berry mentioned the other creatures, but didn't say anything about her thoughts when she replied to the question Berry had presented "If I have ever had a preference in sweet or sour I don't remember it anymore, only tastes I remember besides what you have already given to me are fish and fur, for obvious reasons..." she made a expression of disgust "...furry creatures tasted quite awful when I first started eating them." she had also been amused my Berry's talk about the shirt and slogan, but besides amused smile she hadn't really reacted to it.

@Blitz Boom Serenade is taken completely unawares by the attack. 'Captain' cuddles the stuffing out of the larger Siren, who looks down. "So.." She licks her lips, "The Dread Pirate Captain seeks my treasure? Foolish Captain. You've fallen into my trap". She brings her forelegs down, trapping both Ziggy and 'Captain'. "Such tasty looking ponies" She grabs 'Captain' and brings her up to her muzzle, "I always do like Foals." She takes a deep breath....and delivers an giant raspberry to 'Captain's' belly. The Foal giggles and shrieks "EEK, NOOOOO!!"

@Moonlit

"Noohohooo, captain!"

Ziggy had a hard time staying serious right now, as she were being pinned on the scaly tummy of Serenade, and watched her give a solid raspberry right to the foals stomach. It were cute, hilarious, and utterly adorable, so it were hard to try and play the role and attempt to be in a panic, seeing her captain being *attacked*.

Not that she could do anything. Wriggle as she would, Serenade were a good deal stronger than her, and had the zegasus pinned down good. She were helpless as she saw the dastardly creature assault her captain. Oh, the equinity!

Perhaps she could tickle her way out? Her hooves were on Serenade tummy after all. Perhaps she were ticklish? Ziggy honestly couldn't remember if she'd ever tried that, but here went nothing: *tickle tickle*

====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Eh, a curse to some, is a blessing for others. There's a whole lotta special cases out there. But I think you're right on this thing. They ain't gonna risk it."

Wandering around the streets, and looking over the varied stalls with tantalizing food and shining trinkets, Ruby might have some things that would be entertaining to look at, though if not, she might notice that no matter how much they went around corners, passed groups and such, they seemed to be going towards a specific building. A large one with the glowing emblem of a smiling stallion in a top hat, emblazoned on the side of the roof, looking down at whoever would look at it with a challenging grin. The words *Pennyworth Casino: Where dreams come true." were written in equally shiny letters beneath, and due to the size of the opulent building, it were hard to miss it.

Then again, it might also be one of the others on the same street, which included a small, seemingly run down bar with ponies and griffons predominantly wandering in an out constantly, making it appear to be a far more busy place than it looked from the outside. Or the large hut made of clouds that seemed to be have a constant stream of steam puff out of there, along with the smell of dragons wafting through the air.

There were around four more options than that, along with everything they ran into on the way there, just cementing that this town were trying to fill every niche it could, to entice some of the tourists they got here almost year round.

(Feel free to add your own stores, performers, sellers, etc.)

======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I heard some griffons say the same thing. Something about texture... I dunno, they were passing by and it sounded like it were part of some sort of larger topic. Doesn't matter now though, right? For you that is. I mean, you're up and about, able to get into any river. Plenty of fish for you to gnaw on these days, so you don't have to go back to the little forest critters."

Fluttershy were gonna be happy about that. Weird little one that mare were, and way too focused on animal welfare. It were good to keep in mind, but seriously, the looks that Chop, and that pet food vendor, Chow, got from her since they both dealt in hunting/preparing meat for creatures who needed it, had gotten real wonky sometimes. You'd really think that one so in favor of animals would understand the basics of the food chain, and not be so darn judgmental about it.

"And I sorta think we should try and swing by Pop's store one of these days. She's pretty open-minded - I mean, she dating a Dragon, who's she to judge? - and would probably interested in figuring out what sorta candy a siren would like. No rush though. We'll take things here at your pace, and then pick up on the whole *integration* thing bit by bit.

What's your next plan about that though? Just gonna wait for the princesses to call ya in?"

=========================================================================

@Sekel

"Lead the way."

Enzo would hold the torch high and walk with it in front of them as he followed Atzy, on her path to follow where the vision had gone.

For a moment, he wondered what his family would say if they saw him now. Helping and following a pony, even one enriched with two souls like this, but the thought were shortly shaken away. He would get nothing from these thoughts, other than notions that he were an embarrassment to his kind, for willingly work together with one of the lesser races.

Realistically, he should have demanded to have riddles answered before he did anything, or take payment in full before as much as entertaining the notion that he would lift a paw for an equine, but he just couldn't muster the degree of pride and energy to care anymore. He'd ask at times, and wouldn't simply be bossed around by anyone, as he had some pride, but it were incredible how low your standards got after centuries alone. Long as he were dealt with respectfully, there were a good chance that he'd help, and see things to the end. Like with Atzy and Karmic, which had gone from mere curiosity in the face of a mare who seemed to not fear him, to a sort of friendship, he supposed. He hadn't asked any of them if they even considered him that, or just someone who were helping, that they would forget as soon as this were over.

...*sigh* As they wandered, perhaps he should, and find if this were something he were getting roped into now, without having planned on it happening? Likely best to word it in a way that did not make him seem as desperate to have some genuine friends as he actually were.

"...Do either of you consider us *friends*, Atzy? I know of ponies, and their strange tendency to seek friendship from other beings, even when logic dictates that there is no point to it. I know not if changelings are the same, yet still, I am curious how the view of me are taking form."

==================================================================

@Sekel

Well then, silent treatment, eh? Better than getting yelled at and called a monster he supposed, though he would've understood that. What he had done, it weren't a good thing, and if they were to actually go on and be actual reformed changelings, he'd have a good deal to atone for there, even if it had been done to ensure the hive's survival. Not an issue when ponies were just food, but when it went to allies... Yeeeah, the waters got murky mighty quickly.

*sigh* Were a lot to atone for in the years ahead he'd reckon, but hopefully they'd get the chance to at least try. Being on somewhat good hoofing with Thorax would be a fine start to that.

As they reached the forest and started to wander through, Happy would get enough of the silence. He'd address it, and then he'd lay in the bed he'd made when he started telling the truth.

"Look, I know it's a muzzleful to chow down, but life ain't always pretty, and neither is taking care of a hive. Up until Thorax, it's been a matter of predators and prey, and while I ain't all that proud of everything going on, ya gotta try an' keep in mind that we just did what we could to put food on the table. It's different times now, for all who chooses to get reformed

Copme on, Aurora. Can't you keep that smile going, and give a couple of sinners a second chance?"

He sure hope she could. He'd hate to suddenly be on bad standing with her. Poor thing must've been unaware of a lot of how hives worked and were getting disgusted with how Happy and queens like Onache did their thing to keep the  hives going, but he'd really prefer if this wouldn't be a road block they couldn't pass. Having a travelling companion that'd been laughter and joy for a while now had been nice. He'd hate to lose that this easily.

@Sekel

"I didn't say you were messes. I said that if you split focus, it will leave half finished messes."

"So you're just saying that we should focus on one thing at a time, or something could go wrong?"

"Yes."

At least one of them got it then. Something she were sure Twilight would have as well, if she weren't focused on the plant/pony creature right now. Perhaps now that she were talking about it though, she'd listen this time, and understand what it were that Last were trying to do. Though just to make sure, the mare would stop up for a moment and look towards the princess as she spoke, then stand still and await a response.

I am not trying to dictate what you should do, nor insult the crown, your majesty. I am just saying that any work is only as good as the effort you're putting into it, and if you're on two things at once, something is bound to go wrong. Works fine enough for a time if you are closing gaps in a wall during a fight, but magic is different. Anything done incorrectly, can be catastrophic.

I will follow your orders, your majesty, but I would strongly suggest to take one thing at a time."

Hopefully Twilight would see some merit in her argument, and indeed take this one step at a time. It were wiser, and Last didn't intend to leave after just one task either. She'd stay for both matters, if the princess wished it.

As well as many, many others, if Luna be willing, Twilight had become impressed and asked her to stay...

@EQ_Theta

Shrimp let out some appreciating chirps beneath the book tent, before curling up and falling asleep again. Usually he didn't need more than a few hours at best, and slept at more smaller intervals than the long hours that others like Sen did, but it had been an eventful day yesterday, and he just wanted to sleep some more. A half hour or so should do wonders. An hour perhaps, if he were comfy and didn't feel like slithering out of his hideout.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:11 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Rosa, don’t be so hard on yourself. I’m not saying you should shrug off your past but, well… maybe that kind of attitude will carry over into your nightmares, make them more terrifying. You’re taking your steps to changing for the better and I think that is admirable, to admit you’ve done wrong and doing what you can to make up for them.”

"I know that my guilt have an influence on my dreams, yet it takes time for such a thing to leave. Perhaps when I start to feel like my actions does something good for those who I wronged, and I can seek if not forgiveness, then at least a chance to atone, things will change. But it will take time.

Again, I appreciate the concern, yet the best thing any of you can do for me, is simply to let things go as they will. Things had been set in motion now, and the outcome of it will likely have a strong influence on how my mental state will be for the foreseeable future."

Rosa needed to be judged on whatever or not his efforts meant anything, and while he appreciated the support from Lin, and the rest of the group, their judgement were biased, as were Thorax's, since both parties looked favorably upon him. Equestria's legal system, who were to now process his case and look on things more objectively/negatively, would hold a more valuable judgement. If they looked on things and acknowledged that while he were guilty for what he had done, his efforts to atone for the past were commendable, it would hold a lot of weight.

Regardless, he'd be unlikely to end up in prison for years on end, as he were technically an envoy King Thorax. It offered him some degree of legal protection in other countries, unless Thorax wavered this status, and he doubted the young king wanted to do that. Still, the possibility were there, and if id were to happen, he'd understand. Enough pressure from Equestria to hoof Rosa over, and the reformed changeling might think that he'd stand better with them if he did not try to hide whom they considered an enemy of the country, and simply let them prosecute the bat pony as they saw fit.

An unfortunate situation, but politics were rarely simple, nor pretty. At times, sacrifices needed to be made.

Ah, but it sounded as if Sen were to say something. Perhaps he wanted to share what his nightmares were? What might be haunting his mind?

On 9/29/2019 at 5:11 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“I had nightmares of that creature when I was young. I remember waking up in the middle of the night thinking she was nearby, ready to take me. To think a fate like that happened to my mother is a thought I wouldn’t dare entertain; she deserved better. But I take it your nightmares are of a different kind, right Rosa?”

He weren't sure what he had expected, but Rosa actually stood with his muzzle opened slightly in silence as he tried to find words for what he had just heard.

"I... Think that is one of the more disturbing myths I've encountered in recent years. I sincerely hope that that thing is not real, and that no such fate befell your mother."

A little lackluster, but he weren't sure what to say about this. It sounded horrible. Being alone in the wilderness, feeling yourself being sucked dry by leeches as the life ebbed out of you, and getting not only stuck after your passing, but reliving the horrendous way you slowly died all by yourself, forever? It weren't the worst myth he knew of, but it played on several things that were frankly disturbing, even to him, and it compacted into quite a disturbing tale. The visual description also didn't help.

"My own nightmare feels trivial by comparison. I were just hunted down by a lynch mob, and hung. I woke up just as they kicked the stump away from under me, and the noose tightened."

It were why he had grasped for his neck before, yet as mentioned, it seemed like nothing compared to the story that the longma had told. Again, hopefully it were just a myth, and even if it somehow weren't, that their mother were not part of it. It sounded like a torturous existence, which should not befall one who had clearly raised her young ones with kindness, for them to think fondly of her and fear her fate.

===============================================================================================

@Etched Daydream

"I don't see how it could be enforced, unless he were a necromancer, and the stories never speaks about him doing anything of the sort."

"Yeah, he'd have to keep it pretty well hidden if that were, and I don't think he'd be able to do that properly.

Anyway, enough history lessons."

"Yes, of course general. So Recruit... Rush, technically you will have to wait two weeks from registration until the initiation ceremony. However, as you are a late sign up, you will have to show here in three days for it. It gives you less time to rethink whatever or not you are willing to take the oath, but if your mind is set, it might be a good thing for you."

"Rethink? Hah! I tell ya, this guy's gonna go at it face first, no backing down. Gonna be a right asset to the guard within a decade I reckon.

And I'm sure we can go find you a uniform. You look to be a pretty standard unicorn size, so let's go to the forge and pick up a spare, then see if it needs to be hammered in somewhere. Don't get your hopes up to be looking as great as I am. Only generals and guards who have gotten the honor due to performing above and beyond their duties, gets special armor commissioned for them. Starter ups like you get the standard ones. They're still pretty good though, and we'll make sure it doesn't rattle around on ya.

Whenever your ready kiddo, we'll head off."

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would nod, listening to what the two other ponies were talking about, then snapped to attention when his name was mentioned "I sure hope to be an asset to the Coastal Guard..of course my main goal is to protect others" he would say, nodding "I've wanted to be a guard since I was a little colt, protecting others is my special talent" he would say happily "so I hardly doubt that I would regret joining" he would then nod once more to the archivist then looked to Tidal "Well then, I'm ready and I'm not not delusional" he says with a chuckle "Though I do hope to one day earn a nice piece of armor like that you've got"

@Blitz Boom

“Lynch mobs… terrible - I… I’m sorry a-and them hanging you…. Doesn’t matter if its real or not, that’s just a terrible thing. Did the guards say anything else yesterday? Like what things you’re not allowed to do or if you have to go back for more questioning?”

Sen couldn’t string his thoughts together, stammering and trying to delicately handle the matter. Clearly the idea of a mob after you, set with their goal and unwavering in their pursuit to see their own kind of justice. The longma siblings haven’t seen the worst their kind could dish out, and likewise when they lived in pony-occupied lands while in exile, but this was about as close as they could to knowing what that would be like. 

If the presence of an orderly system made to hand judgments had given the siblings any form of comfort, then perhaps they shouldn’t worry about it too much. That and the kindness King Thorax showed on Rosa indicated that something could shield the bat pony from the worst possible judgment. Still, they’d stand by their word that, should he ever need someone to speak of his good deeds like working towards capturing Filigree, they’ll give it their best. 

Lin prepared some fruits she packed for their breakfast and passed it around. The same box she kept the leftover berries from the night before was left just by Shrimp, opened in case he woke up and decided to eat. Likewise, it is about time have Omen join everyone for their morning meal. The longma poked the Ki’Nathar on the back and dusted off the insects crawling all over the latter.

“Good morning, Omen! Did you rest well?”

On 9/26/2019 at 9:06 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"In my opinion, I believe that life lived in shelter, away from all the world have to offer, is barely a life worth living. Though, I suppose my upbringing into slavery and subsequent exile is a wildly different one than yours, and that does affect what one considers a good life. To each their own, as they say."

Briar would smile and chuckle a little to himself. Adventuring didn't seem to live in this pony's heart, but if he were contend and happy here, there were not a point in upsetting that either, no? Let him be at peace in this sheltered life, away from the dangers of the world, whilst others went into it. Or as a saying went from the town he grew up in: Everything have its place.

Granted, that were twisted and used as arguments towards why his particular sub-branch of their kind were okay to enslave, but if you ignored that, it were a good saying. Might have once been meant as something kinder, and perhaps, it could one day be again.

"Still, would you like for me to ask if any of them are headed that way, and might be willing to bring back a tome if possible, when they do? It would hardly be a bother."

"Yes, please. And please let them know they're welcome to stay with me if they need a place to stay in Vanhoover until the road calls them again. You and Brittle are welcome to stay as well. I haven't got much to offer in terms of space, but it's comfortable and out of the elements, and I can provide a good meal if it appeals to you."

Velvet extended a hoof towards Briar, hoping his offer was acceptable to the plant pony.

"Maybe one day, I'll reconsider my future, but I don't think I'm ready to leave this life just yet."

@Blitz Boom

Listening to Caramel explain a bit more of her side of the story made a little more sense.  It more so connected the dots on the long trip back to town when the larger unicorn could have just teleported the pair.  Minty was deprived of audience appreciation from whatever creatures observed the fight and when Caramel fed her it, she wanted to delay the return.  The thought of the dark wizard batpony envying Minty's magic he could agree with.  Rising wasn't sure how well the swamp would have survived the dark powers of Twisted and arcane magics being slung back and forth at each other.  As for the style Minty took with her magic, he didn't quite believe the dark wizard he faced would be all that envious of style.  Twisted performing like the over the top actors at the theater seemed rather humorous to the detective.  

The conversation shifted to the light bleached wisp that sent the high priestess away to collect herself, but Rising didn't bring it back out to show Minty or Caramel.  Blinking at the pegasus's comment about attracting the girls.  Definitely not his intent.  The signs were there, hard to be the dense stallion that doesn't notice such things when he has the memory recall that he does. Not really wanting to do anymore with it when Harrowmark was riding on the glow of having their evil overlord overthrown by the 'savior'.  And well, kinda only having been here for a hoof full of hours, at least in an awake state.  "Oh the darling detective can be such a heart throb," The Captain played along.  Rising smiled, not giving them the satisfaction of trying to embarrass him.  Any words he spoke would only be used against him right now.

They watched Caramel wander off to collect something, only to be delay by a group of foals.  Minty continued to sip on her water daintily, "We have indeed bonded through our battle together, darling.  Such skill and grace is most worthy of befriending."  Rising smiled, they bonded well because Minty found somepony to shower her in praise.  Taking a sip of water, her attention turn to Wisp's inquiry.  "Oh dear, I'm not familiar enough with your land to know.  Zombies, ghosts or spirits.  We were being watched, the show was over, they left and they gave us nothing.  No applause, no flowers, no jewels," Minty wrinkled her nose in disappointment.

@Blitz Boom
To her usual manner, Ruby didn't have anything to say, so she just acknowledged Spicy's words with a nod before proceeding to observe her surroundings. She noticed lot of things, even if it wasn't necessary obvious to someone just looking at her, most to them as to be expected were treasure related, stores, sellers, creatures carrying more money and other things than most, things like that, she also just generally looked around to know a bit about her surroundings. But ultimately there wasn't anything that was interesting enough for her to mention or act upon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Pretty much." Nada said with a nod "I'll wait around here, read the books you brought, maybe go for a swim or two, things like that, I won't leave too far so that princesses or their messenger can find me, and definitely won't come anywhere near the town until there's no questions about how it will go." "I spent 1000 years in a one lake, so I can manage waiting few days in a house." her tone indicated she was trying to be humorous, but it was also clear that she still wasn't fully over the length of time that had passed.

@Rising Dusk

"Might have just been some of the lost then. They're harmless. Just wandering around, seemingly looking for something, and not often taking notice of others. Sometimes when there's a large outbursts of magic near them, it seems to get their attention, but it's fleeting. Just like them."

Sickle let out a sigh and shook her head. Poor things those were, yet there were little that could be done for them, when you didn't know what they were looking for. Something which wouldn't be an issue if they would just communicate, yet for some reason, no necromancer, spirit guide, etc. could get anything out of them. it were as if they got ignored, no matter what method they took in use.

"When I were a foal, my mother used to tell me that she thought they were looking for the light of Viz'nay, to finally give them rest. For their sake, I pray she were right."

Wisp would have said something to this, but she had resigned to remain quiet after Caramel's tease, and turn her gaze to the party as Minty made it worse, and caused her cheeks to fluster a little again. She didn't deal well with this sort of thing, which Caramel well knew. She enjoyed pushing buttons like this that were harmless, yet would put the individual in an awkward position. One that Sickle could well make even worse, but refused to, which were why she didn't respond to what Minty said on the matter beyond a small smile and a chuckle. How silly youth could be sometimes.

"In any case, it's good to hear that you bonded with Caramel. We were unsure about it, since she can take time to warm up to. I think it took me... What can it be, five years to not roll my eyes at her antics? It's been so long I can hardly remember..."

Sickle had been thinking for a few minutes before saying this to find something to say, and now took a couple more to scour her memories of how it had been in her time, when she had to interact with Caramel for the first dozen times or so. Dreadful interactions, and made her stay far away for a long time, but as many said, she grew on you. Like fungus, as she herself said.

"Yes, I think it was then. About the time when Caramel brought in a ro-"

"Telling stories, are you Sickle? I hope they're flattering."

Caramel would have been view-able to the rest for a little while before she snuck up on the elderly mare, and addressed her with a jovial tone as she passed her by. Something were floating near her, covered by a thick cloth. Seemed like some kind of dome were beneath, judging by the form.

"I were about to share the badger tale."

"Urgh, dreadful situation. All that bother, and I still didn't manage to tame it. Ah well, we live and we learn after all.

More importantly though: Minty? Please, observe."

She carefully removed the thick cloth to show that there were indeed a dome beneath it, which were used to cover a flower. A delicate thing, around the height of a pony's head, and looking as if the merest touch of the wind would make the pale, slightly glowing plant break apart and wither away. Not only because it seemed fragile, but also as it appeared to be somewhat spectral in it's presentation when a small movement would make it sway, and a slight trail of pale energy lingered for a moment. Something Dusk should be well able to collaborate on, depending on whatever or not he knew the inns and outs of soul magic. Even if he didn't, the necromantic aspects should tell a good tale too, as well as the fact that the plant seemed to be growing out of the eye socket of a half-buried skull of some kind of medium-sized rodent, with the dirt in the dark pot the plant were situated in, looking like nothing could realistically grow in it. Not uncommon for unhallowed land, though it seemed like this thing at least could grow in what normally were left barren and dead.

"Self made unhallowed ground, with some necrotic energies of varied kinds, sprinkled with a few dead rodents and a dried out Gnarlwood seed. A long, annoyingly difficult number of things to get exactly right for even a single one of these to bloom forth, but well worth it. This Wisperweed - as I have called it - will bloom once a month, as the moon shines highest on the sky, and if you are careful, you can harvest it's potent petals. And our dear savior doesn't need to worry. Everything within, are completely self contained, and if it is broken of treated improperly, it will simply wither away peacefully, though it will be rather smelly.

In any case, I would like for you to carefully take this, and deliver it to Bash, Minty."

"W-Wait, you're giving away one of those? You've threatened others that you'd bury them up to the neck if they even got within a meter of them."

"The difference is that they have an individual whom I am sure can find both use of this, and treat it properly, whereas one of you might well try to wear it as a hat.

In any case, here it is, along with an enclosed letter on how to treat it properly. I will give you a slight spoiler though: It needs a deceased rodent to be put gently upon the grounds every so often. 2-3 weeks between generally. It will handle the rest on its own.

And do not remove the cloth. Direct sunlight will cause it distress, and could delay its harvest with months, if not outright make it wither away. It is a delicate plant."

Both the envelope - which had Caramel's name written in a flowing text - and the plant with the cloth being put over it again, would float towards Minty, and by the looks of Caramel's face, she were both excited and worried about how this mare would handle her plant on the way back to Bash. Resourceful as he were, he'd surely find some use for a magical flower with petals charged with neutral necrotic energies, and ingrained soul magic. Not an easy thing to come by all places, even in Harrowmark.

And if he would check, Rising would find that the way these floated were via magic, emanating from somewhere beneath Caramel's apron, though this mare using magic should hardly be surprising at this point. Harrowmark did not require a horn to birth witches. It were merely an advantage.

===============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 10/1/2019 at 2:37 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Lynch mobs… terrible - I… I’m sorry a-and them hanging you…. Doesn’t matter if its real or not, that’s just a terrible thing. Did the guards say anything else yesterday? Like what things you’re not allowed to do or if you have to go back for more questioning?”

"I just have to be ready for my day in court, and try not to leave the country. The more I can lay low and not cause trouble, the better."

Rosa declined to talk about the first part of Sen's reply, as he guessed he didn't want to think of it too much, or hear too many details, considering how fast the topic changed. He did not blame him for this. Getting hung were a grizzly thing that even in a dream, were something he did not wish upon many creatures in this world., yet he would still think it less troublesome than the night before this. There were something deep in his being that felt mind numbing terror at the idea of getting buried alive, and held down there by vengeful dead, which just didn't show at the lynch mob. That weren't saying that it hadn't made him fearful, but it did not compare to the other option.

So he had gone on to answer him about the guard, and whatever or not he might be brought in for more questioning or something else.

"I think they won't have further questions for me though, unless they find some contradictions, or some evidence to try and connect me with another crime of some sort that might have been made around the times they can confirm my actions took place, in the same areas. They have put a spell on me to ensure they can track me and drag me in, if it comes to that. Compliance will result in being asked, negligence of that will cause them to wrap me up in chains and toss me in a small transportation cage I can imagine.

At least my brother seemed somewhat understanding of circumstances, though he have a lot to think of, before giving me a chance. Not that I can blame him. His daughter lives with him, and what father would let a stranger in - a known enemy of the country no less - before finding out if he can trust them? No, I have no place in her life, and by extension his, if he deems it too risky to take a chance on me, and I cannot fault him if he thinks first of the safety of his offspring, rather than his recently discovered half brother."

As he talked, Lin had started to leave some food which he happily accepted and started to slowly chew through. Shrimp did not wake up from the stash being left near him, but in due time, it might rouse him, or at least make him receptive to finally get up and stop sleeping the day away.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:37 PM, EQ_Theta said:

The longma poked the Ki’Nathar on the back and dusted off the insects crawling all over the latter.

“Good morning, Omen! Did you rest well?”

"I do not sleep. I were thinking."

Omen turned around and started to walk back into the cave, as varied birds and insects that hadn't been brushed off by Lin, started to take off, beginning with the birds, who had mostly been gone just as the longma originally approached, but stuck nearby in case she walked away from their new statue.

Omen didn't seem to care in the slightest at this crawling evacuation, and just kept on her way, until she got inside, and looked around at the group.

"Hello. Have you been sleeping in a well?"

She meant to ask if they had slept well, but as were evident yesterday, she did not understand all of the varied phrases that others, such as ponies, used from day to do, and could mangle them up at times.

=============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

As they wandered down the streets - pausing only for Spicy to get a corn dog or two, depending on if Ruby were interested in trying one - they'd eventually get to the bar, and wander right past. Then came the steamy place, and they almost went past. Until Spicy did a double take, and poked her head in.

"Pale as a a peeled union, and smelling twice as bad."

"*hiss* Begone, you oversssized chicken."

A loud slap were hear before Spicy stuck her head out again, now with a bit of a ruffling on the side of her face that made it apparent she'd been smacked with a towel. Nothing that got that big ol' grin off her face though.

"Awh man, you know those situations where you know you're gonna get backlash, but it's still worth it? This were one of those times. A bit of a shock and that grump shows off the funniest cat jump I've ever seen. Nasty aim though."

========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, I guess when you put it in perspective like that, it really doesn't seem all that long to just sit about and train the brain for a few days. Some good water with fish in here too, and Serenade's been living here for ages without getting found out, so it's gotta be safe as all hay too."

Or she made an unsavory deal with shady folks, but there weren't evidence of that sort of thing... Yet.

As for the tone, Berry sorta got there were a strange vibe to what Nada were saying, but she weren't sure in what manner. Something about the years getting bored to tears in a pool of water maybe? Sure sounded like a right bore. Might be worth asking on how she didn't go insane from that actually.

"I hope you don't mind me asking actually, but how didn't you go at least a little bonkers, being isolated for that long? I dunno if it's different for sirens, but most creatures I know are meant to have some pretty regular social interactions, or they start going coo-coo. A thousand years? I wouldn't last a month before I'd start talking to the trees and proclaim myself queen of the mushrooms or something."

=========================================================================

@EcstaticWind

"I will extend your offer, and your plea for assistance, though I cannot say when you might hear back from them.

As for us, we will sadly not stay in town much longer. A few hours from now, our reservations will end, and we will return to Ponyville. Brittle have done exceptionally well in my opinion when it comes to socializing this trip, but I cannot force everything down upon her at once. One must steel themselves with patience and compassion, in matters such as this."

Looking over at Brittle, it might be hard to see where the good, social interaction were, as she were just silently standing in the corner and looking at them from the shadows, yet Briar knew her better. He knew that not long ago, even being near this town would have made her break down crying for hours on end, as there were too much for her to fear. Yet she hadn't, and he were very proud of her for the way she had handled things, even if she were still afraid of others and hid behind him. Foal steps.

"Still, if you wish for us to spend our last time before leaving with you, we could surely oblige. Would you have anything in mind?

Ah, and forgive my manners: Brittle and I humbly thank you for the offer being extended to us as well. Perhaps one day, we may make use of it, long as we are not burdens."

================================================================================

@Etched Daydream

Tidal looked up at him with a challenging grin going over her face, and a spark dancing in her eyes.

"Somepony got some aspirations of being general, does he? If I'm still clutching the title when you earn the rank to compete, I'd like to see you try and wring it from me."

"Well, generally speaking, a rank suitable will take around... 5-9 years, excluding any particular heroics and signs of leadership skills that allows for a pass. Longest standing record of a Coastal Guard general being in power - without being replaced - is eight years. Statistically speaking-"

"Why do you gotta ruin my buzz with logic, Bubbles? Besides, I'm halfway at that record, and I don't intend to give it up."

"Sorry general. Though you could still try and reclaim the title one of the following years."

"Worst case scenario, that's the plan. Besides, thinking this here kid got some potential, and he's gonna earn himself a suit over some great deed one day. We'll see if I'll be there to pin a medal right on his big ol' smug face when that happens."

That last comment were said directly to Thunder, along with a small push on his shoulder, to indicate that she were pulling his leg. Metaphorically that were, not literally.

@Blitz Boom Serenade is VERY ticklish, especially around her belly. She releases 'Captain' and tries to 'escape' from Ziggy's attack. 'Captain' rallies the other foals with "CUDDLES FOR ALL!" With a mighty roar, the foals jump in...and 'slay' the mighty Siren, claiming their booty of cuddles. 

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would blush "Oh shucks General, you're flattering me" he would say with a smile "But I mean, my main goal is to protect Equestria" he would say, "Earning the honor and the armor, well, that'd be a big bonus for hard work" he would say "So, any more..eccentric members of the Coastal Guard that I should look out for?" he would ask with a chuckle.

@Blitz Boom

“I understand that sentiment. He has someone to look after and anyone seeing Stargazer’s daughter with a spy will rouse a lot of suspicion, maybe even get ponies spreading wild rumors. But you still have King Thorax and the changelings’ giving you a place among them. That’s still something good, right?”

“Ah, I was hoping we could do something to take your mind off this, even for just a little while. The more I think about it, the more I am a little curious about how things will work out in this so called ‘court.’ Could you tell me about it?”

Though not something that ultimately bothered Sen, he wondered just what went on in court hearings. From what he gathered, it would very likely be a closed-door affair with only the relevant parties showing up and arguing. Then, someone would have to defend the accused while the other side tries to do the opposite. The trails back home were far simpler, only needing enough witnesses to pin the crime and handing out a reparation sentence to the criminal, service rendered to the wronged party. 

Within Equestria’s system, however, it might just be more dragged out with many rounds of questioning. Maybe they might not even be done in a day. But this might just be the longma letting his preconceived notions of how the court system works in Equestria. He knows absolutely nothing about it, after all. 

Lin overheard a portion of Sen’s question and wondered the same to herself. If she were needed to speak, then it might do her some good to know a little. Omen had come to in at moment, however, and it would seem common expressions will need to be added to future lesson plans. 

“Your mind… It’s not as cluttered as it was last night, I suppose? Sen and Rosa had some nightmares. Didn’t seem like they had until not long ago. Might be a good idea if we don’t bring those up, especially Sen’s.”

“It’s alright,” Sen added. “Maybe I can talk about it later if you really want to know. And whether or not Rosa would want to tell you about his nightmares, it’s better if you ask him.” 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby took a corn dog, not because she cared for it, but because she realized Spicy hadn't seen her actually eat anything during their time together, and knew it could cause suspicion towards her. She blinked surprised when Spicy did her thing, and was just a bit amused when she realized what had happened. "Does that grump happen to be an actual cat? There's something I'd like to find out if yes." someone talking and mention of cat jump made her remember that she didn't actually know if the cats being friendly to her thing worked on cats that could talk, so she wanted to test it if she had a chance now. (the answer is no in case you want to play the interaction)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Maybe I did, I wouldn't notice if I changed and you don't know what I used to be like, and technically I did speak to the trees, I sang to them."
Nada pointed out thoughtfully "But I'd say it's mostly because differences in us as species, with your shorter lifespan, you get effected by less time than me, and there also the fact that I only know it was so long because you told me, the time went lot faster than you'd expect because I had no way to follow the flow of time." 

@Blitz Boom

Or not?

“It’s fine, it’s fine. I . . . don’t think I’m directly related to a yellow mare, though. My mom’s more of a light, bluish grey. And I don’t have any sisters. Maybe you’re referring to Fluttershy? She’s the only yellow mare I can think of. She’s pretty nice.

“But yeah. Ponyville has had it’s share of danger, especially from being fairly close to the Everfree Forest. Within it are chimeras, timberwolves, cockatrices . . . Somehow, I’ve been lucky enough not to have been badly harmed in any of those incidents...”

Eventide mentally facehoofed. 

Poor Cover Up. He looks like he’s been through a lot. And here I am talking about how lucky I am. Bullshrimp.

She sighed, still maintaining an awkward smile.

@Galaxical Phoenix

Wait, she Didn't run off, look disgusted, or laughed in his face? P-Perhaps this meant that he hadn't messed up as badly as he had thought after all? Praise Viz'nay, he still had a chance.

Okay, perhaps if he kept up the conversation then, this could perhaps work out. Let's see, she were talking about local dangers like timberwolves and chimeras? He could add something to that, yes. Just try and stay calm, and everything might work out.

"...I've run into timberwolves, when I were walking towards Ponyville. They remind me of pictures my mother used to show me, from where she came from."

Using his horn and his brush, Cover Up would draw a picture on the ground that looked like a hulking, two-legged creature made of gnarled wood, who most certainly did not look friendly.

"Back in Harrowmark, they're called Wicker creatures. Mother used to say there were far worse kinds than these, and that nothing good came from creatures made of the lands. I uhm... M-Might've thought your timberwolves were creatures like this when I met them, and ran all that I could. They're properly less dangerous though. Harrowmark is... There's a whole lot of dark magic there, from what I've been told anyway. I were too small when we moved to remember it at all."

Okay, getting things back on track now, that were good. A bit of story and nothing too embarrassing, while sharing some threats from living woods from both their respective home countries. Maybe things would be fine now.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ergh, sorta. He's a serpanther. Think of it like a pony-sized cat mixed with a snake. Give it a few minutes and he might be out and you see for yourself."

It'd take about a minute and twenty seconds before a serpanther - a panther body and legs with a snake's head and tail - exited the place looking a little irritated. His scales blended in well with his short, pale fur. What you could see of it anyway, around the sleeveless robe in white and red silk with a hood puled behind his neck, though as he saw Spicy stand there with a grin on her face towards him, he'd spread the hood he naturally had as a snake, which along with his narrowed eyes and slight hissing, would tell well that her presence were annoying him.

"Insssuferable curr. Begone from my sssight."

"Still a sore loser, ain't ya Samuel?"

"Bah, you tricked me back then. Mark my wordsss, you will not be as lucky the next time we... Wait, who isss thisss?"

Soon as he started to bite notice in Ruby, something changed in his demeanor. His coat folded in again, the snarl on his face softened, and though he weren't enthralled, it did seem that he were feeling some kind of calming effect by her presence. It seemed like the curse laid upon Ruby were strong enough to affect even higher sentient, half-felines like this. Celestia knows what'd happen if she ran into a sphinx.

It would properly hiss less on it's s'es than this one, but in fairness, it were a downside to quite a few of their kind, unless they trained to get the old forked tongue to roll with words differently. Samuel did not care for that, so he still rolled the s'es as he spoke.

=====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh, I honestly didn't think on it from that perspective. I guess longevity could make a difference in how long you'd last, and being completely isolated could really make a number on your sense of time."

Well then, there might be something she had to take into consideration for whenever she judged long living creatures in the future: How long they'd potentially last until they went nuts, relative to the amount of years they might be alive. Being able to swing around for millennia might make more of a difference than she had ever thought, after comparing things with how the princesses did. Sort of a different situation there as they were ponies after all, and ponies were not meant for isolation.

Better sign that behind her ear, though it did make her wonder something about Nada, or honestly just siren's in general.

"Mind me asking, how long does siren live for? Five millennia? Ten? A hundred? Ponies generally only last like, 80 years on average, but I dunno if there's any sort of record how long sirens can go for."

@Etched Daydream

"You met Hollow Moan?"

Tidal gave off a groan and a roll of her eyes.

"Yeah, we ran into her alright. And to your question Thunder, there's a whole lot more, but I think it'd be best to jut let you run into them yourself. Make your own first impression and all that. Now come on, let's see if we can't find something that fits you. See you some other time, Bubbles."

"Calm tides, general."

She'd lead Thunder down some paths again, eventually culminating in an outdoor area, where a large forge stood and were clearly active, considering the smoke billowing out of there. A good deal or armor in various sizes were around the place, ready to be taken in and placed on a proper rack until needed, or shipped off elsewhere.

"Find one that fits as well as it can, then we'll ask the smiths to fix the small stuff quickly."

=================================================================

@Moonlit

*gasp* Yes! They had found a weakness on Serenade: Extreme ticklishness on her scaled tum tum! And soon after starting and getting a reaction, it wouldn't just be Ziggy going at it, but a whole heaping helping of fillies who got into the water just to have their part in the proceedings. This time there would be no doubt: The siren had fallen, and there were no way that she could defeat them now.

How cruel nature could be, once a hunter became the hunted.

===============================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 10/3/2019 at 4:42 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Your mind… It’s not as cluttered as it was last night, I suppose? Sen and Rosa had some nightmares. Didn’t seem like they had until not long ago. Might be a good idea if we don’t bring those up, especially Sen’s.”

“It’s alright,” Sen added. “Maybe I can talk about it later if you really want to know. And whether or not Rosa would want to tell you about his nightmares, it’s better if you ask him.”

"I think it may just confuse her to hear right now. Perhaps another time, once I have thought on how to properly explain it."

Rosa were able to do so fine enough as it were. However, he didn't wish to right now, as it would be tedious to try and explain death properly to Omen, who'd likely ask in to things even if he base-lined it, and he'd rather not detail his own lynching further than he already had. It were perhaps not the worst dream he'd ever had, but it were still highly unpleasant, and reliving it too much wouldn't sit well with him right now, as he were still having a lot of other things to deal with. Family matters mostly, but also the aftermath of the statue punching him, which were still healing. Reminded him, it were time to take his medicine.

Going over to do that, Omen would address the group for a moment, answering for herself about the question asked her regarding her mind.

"Yes. Things are clearer. Still many things left. A lot have happened.

I do not understand dreams though. I do not think it is important I do right now either. Many things happen with you all. Too much to take in sometimes. I need space for those things I think."

Besides, the whole concept of sleep were still beyond her. It were how normal beings regained energy, that were the best she had to work with. As for dreams... Discord had done his to explain it, and even put her in a sort of simulated one in a river, so she thought she understood some of it. Just not why it happened, or if it ever mattered. According to Discord, it didn't, as ponies and such dreamt of unimportant, random things. Mind chaos, as he called it. Just something to fill the time when they slept, like when she were standing still and processing thoughts, just with less meaning to them. She wasn't sure if he were right, but until she knew better, she would believe her master tried to explain it the best he could.

"Might be a wise choice."

Rosa cringed where he stood as he applied his medicine. He hated doing these things, but sadly, it were not really a choice, if he wanted to get better.

"As for your question earlier, on how the trial will go? One of two ways more than likely.

The first is the standard. There will be a prosecutor who will speak the case with the aim to get me judged as guilty, with a defense attorney then speaking my case, with the aim to get me judged innocent. They will debate the evidence they have to work with, use what merits they have, and debate in the court between two hours and three days, over short intervals. It depends on how much to work with they have and whatever or not the jury have issues reaching a unanimous vote.

The second is what I think might happen instead, as this is a case that does touch on national security. In this situation, there will be one or more of the generals - or suitable high ranking representatives - present, and they will then be shown the evidence at hoof, as impartially as it is possible, along with whatever extra information there is for and against me. They will likely take turns to question me of things they find important, and in the end, decide on what will ultimately be my judgement.

I did not think the second one the actual option at first, but with how the questioning went, and the vested interest by General Screecher, I get the feeling that this is where it is headed. Something which I wish for you to understand clearly, would be so closed doors that the public would not even know there were a trial. A good thing if I am given some leniency and allowed to not spent years upon years in prison, as there would not be a wide spread amount of beings who'd know what I have done, yet could be disastrous if they decide my sentence is a long prison term, as they could say, place me in isolation, and no one outside the few guards they'd have to watch me, would even know I were there in the first place. I'd be easy to make disappear, essentially.

Not something Equestria is known for doing, but you might understand why I worry of the possibility of it happening regardless of precedence."

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would nod, he agreed with the general "I suppose you're right there, best to meet them on my own terms and get a proper first impression" he would say to her, waving to the archivist, and making their way to the requisitions room.

"Alright, lets see now" he would say, going to the uniforms and looking through them for either his size or one closest to his size. "ah here we go, this one might fit" he says, finding one of his size and holds it up for the general to inspect before going to try it on.

About five minutes later, he reappeared "Well, does it look good on me? or more like, do I look good in it?" he'd wink

@Blitz Boom
Ruby looked bit surprised when the creature came out, though even she wasn't sure if it was because of him being yet another cat-hybrid, or because he was a talking snake...it was odd to see the lower beings of lizard kind speaking, but maybe she should have expected it, since in Equestria magic was everywhere and it had quite interesting effect on things. She tilted her head when Samuel, as Spicy called him, seemed to calm down when he noticed her "I'm Spicy's business partner." she was going to ask the hybrid if he felt anything weird since he had calmed down, but wanted to first see if he's mention it himself first, since she doubted that he was just being nice. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nada thought for a second "I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I have never met a siren that has been that much older than me, and it isn't really a topic that is talked about among young sirens, so I have never seen or heard of anyone who have died to an old age." she hadn't really even thought about the whole thing since now, and now that she did, she didn't really know if she necessarily even wanted to know the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
"I'm not underestimating anything...." Cerberus stated, tilting his head to drop the pancakes off his head, he wasn't really bothered by the coldness or sogginess other than that he didn't want to eat them, and the cats were even less bothered, as some of them went to take one and moved to the side to investigate and later eat them.  "...it just isn't that impressive considering the things you see living in Equestria." "But hey, I'm not trying to be rude, just being able to create pancakes makes you interesting friend to have." if at any point Widdershins turned away or otherwise lost sight on Cerberus's head even for a fraction of a second, next time he would look at him, he had a oversized cat skull on his head, that Cerberus himself didn't seem to notice.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Blitz Boom Serenade finally gives up, she sticks her forehooves straight up, sticks her tongue out and goes "blurgh....death by cuddles". She rolls over onto her side and pins a few of the foals with her forehooves. The foals cheer, they have defeated the dread Siren!.

@Blitz Boom

“Does that mean we couldn’t go in and listen? Or speak in your favor?

“I suppose nothing we’d say would convince those who are overseeing the trial. We’d make things more complicated since we have very flimsy arguments.”

Closed doors? In one hoof, that was a sound choice. This was a delicate matter to handle and the less the public knew about it, the better. The downside was that Sen, Lin, and Omen would be barred from entering and observing, unable to help if they were ever needed to speak on Rosa’s behalf. The longma knew nothing of the rules of the court, outsiders to the system but at the very least they should be around to listen in and find out what was in store for their friend. Perhaps that was just them coming to one possible solution and not considering other possibilities.

But Lin wouldn’t dabble too much in this matter. As much as she is interested in how it will go, some part of her believes they wouldn’t be of any help at all, much as she agreed with her brother about sticking around to help Rosa. She turned her attention back to Omen, hoping to offer her own thoughts the matters she brought up.

“Dreams are a tough subject, Omen, and I doubt anyone can say what purpose they serve or why anyone ever dreams. It’s okay if it still confounds you. Whatever it is you are comfortable with processing… it might be better to think on those first.” 

@Blitz Boom

"Oh darling, Caramel's behavior is rather common in Equestria.  Nothing needing to be warmed up to," the older unicorn chuckled, putting her now empty mug back onto the table.  Not to be all that unexpected in a country that seemed most reserved in their ways as standing out could spell a death sentence if noticed by a dark wizard.  That wasn't even including the more eccentric personalities that were out there.  Everypony says Manehatten was the worst of it, but Minty had traveled Equestria the world over and for sure say it is not.  There are plenty of crazies in Canterlot as well.  Harrowmark would be in for quite the culture shock if they thought Caramel had warming up to do.

Speak of the pony, the returning pegasus, with what Rising didn't figure was another plate of treats under that cloth to cause a dome shape.  That and he doubted any good tasting treats would radiate an aura of soul magic.  Soul magic was new to Rising, haven't not see it before coming to Harrowmark.  Like any tapestry though, the unique weaves were unmistakable.  The eerie glow and the lines of magic that made up the spells an ethereal almost smoke like appearance with no real solidity to them.  Inexperience in the craft made it difficult to tell intent behind the spell, not that magical plants usually did, but the constant wavering of the line made it difficult.  It didn't look harmful, but the detective didn't want to let the little experience he did have cloud his judgement.  When the cloth was removed, minor doubt returned at the sight of a plant growing out of the skull of a long dead creature.  It was still mostly just shocking to the Equestrian unicorn to see such things as beauty, and it would probably take a long time to come to terms with that.  The primary beauty he saw lay in the spell work the flower gave off.  Fair enough.

"A gift for Bash?  Ya'll did talk a lot," the detective chuckled.  The spell work of a different magic emitting from the pegasus.  A simple levitation spell placed on an artifact, likely the one he saw earlier.  Common use for non-unicorns, even in Equestria.  Hence why there is a growing need for the O.M.I. to expand.

"A delicate thing I see.  I'll take the up most care of this until it arrives to Bash's hooves," the taller mare beamed.  Igniting her horn with the minty glow and an occasional arc of arcane energy, she cast her spell.  A perfect mint colored cube formed around the cloth covered orb, suspending the plant in a protective barrier that prevented any kind movement from happening inside.  Another spark of her horn and little crystal roses formed on the cube.  Couldn't just have it be a plain cube now could she.  "Ah, safe and sound.  Now my darling detective, your saddle bag please," The Captain requested with a satisfied smile from her spell. "It's not with me," he replied simply.  Something she should have noticed much earlier.  "Oh, right," she rolled her eyes.  Her horn glowed a little brighter and there was a crackle of energy before his saddle bag poofed into existence in front of them.  Levitating the bag, she opened one side and brought the cube near it's opening.  The cube of course being more than twice the size of the bag.  Nonetheless, she pushed the cube into the opening and it, shrank.  Shrinking along with it's content until it could fit and simply dropping into the void space created by his sister's spell.  "There, now even dropping a mountain on it wouldn't disturb the Whisperweed," she commented proudly.  Rising sigh, because he already knew she wasn't going to be the one digging it out later.

@EQ_Theta

5 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Does that mean we couldn’t go in and listen? Or speak in your favor?

“I suppose nothing we’d say would convince those who are overseeing the trial. We’d make things more complicated since we have very flimsy arguments.”

"It depends on the generals. Considering what I know of the current generals, it would normally be a split opinion between General Dew, and General Screecher on this matter. General Screecher is known to want facts and evaluate from that, rather than personal opinions, whereas General Dew have been known to take in eye witnesses, and tales of those who knew the accused as potential evidence. I do not know if his successor have taken after that, but in case he have, this would leave a deciding vote on General Tidal Wave.

The Coastal Guard have a... Strange system of succession, with high ranking officers and specially decorated guards with potential for leadership, competing each year for the role of general. As such, their judgement can change heavily, depending on who holds the reigns, and as such it makes them wild cards in these kinds of cases.

But I digress. As General Tidal Wave is still in charge after this years competition, I would put her stance on this as... Tentatively in favor of hearing you out. The things I know of her are somewhat contradictory, and makes it seem as if she merely reacts on things based on what she feels like, but there is some method to the madness, and knowing how many non-equine races have been allowed to actually join the Coastal Guards under her leadership too, I think that she is open-minded enough to be willing to listen. If it will sway their opinion though, is another matter entirely."

The Coastal Guards... Troubling individuals to bring into things like this, as again, they could heavily swing from one year to the next, which were also why historically, they weren't always invited to things such as this, as it made the proceedings take longer. This were a high profile case however, and he knew that Tidal Wave had been let in on several of such cases in recent years, so it were unlikely that they'd exclude her. Especially as she might be a tie breaker, between the stoic and rule-bound Midnight Screecher, and the somber, open-minded Morning Dew.

5 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Dreams are a tough subject, Omen, and I doubt anyone can say what purpose they serve or why anyone ever dreams. It’s okay if it still confounds you. Whatever it is you are comfortable with processing… it might be better to think on those first.”

"Master Discord called dreams *Mind Chaos*. and said that chaos is not something you can understand."

"There is some truth in that, Omen. Chaos does have it's own order, but only for those who use it. For others like us, or you, it is best to just think of it as being random magic, and then just react to what happens."

He could speak at length about this to Omen, but fact of the matter were that again, he'd have to baseline it for her to get it, and when it came to chaos, it were better to just go with the layman term of it being randomized magic, that were nearly impossible to understand.

==================================================================================

@Moonlit

"Yeeeey, we won! Epic adventure for everypony!"

Ziggy paddled around Serenade, giggling and letting out victorious honks, like she had heard in some of the clown fights at the hospital she grew up in.

...Man those days were weird.

Anyway, eventually she'd just paddle over and snuggle the side of her face against Serenade's.

"This is awesome! If I had known your family was this massive, and full of cute little foalsies, I would've begged to get out to see them way sooner. They're so much fun."

@Catpone Cerberus

The serpanther looked at her in silence for a little while, tongue slithering in an out of his serpentine mouth as he thought on what next to do or say.

"Her work partner? Interesssting."

Ruby might notice at this point, that Samuel tried to not use too many words overpopulated with s'es, such as business. It made his words sound too annoying for others, so he consciously tried to avoid putting in too many, and if needed be, would only use words with one s sound if he could help it.

"You are peculiar in other waysss."

He'd tentatively wander slowly to the left in a circle around Ruby, cautious about her for some reason, and not getting too close because of it.

"An aura? I sssee nothing, but there must be a reassson why I feel calmed. Not a normal reaction, from ssseeing one of your kind."

"Heh, or perhaps you're just getting a little throbbing on your heart strings?"

Samuel would turn to her, and with narrowed eyes bar his long fangs, and hiss in Spicy's direction. Something which only seemed to amuse her.

"Keep your clever mouth to yourself. I am ssspeaking with one whom actually mattersss."

====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Eh, you look pretty healthy, and not a trace of age going on, so I'd say we go with a safe angle and put in a rough twenty thousand years for now, with the chance to up the ante if fighting doesn't off ya early on. Y'know, like with dragons, and how old some the oldest recorded ones that's still around are. Guess my great great, oh-so-many-times-great grandfoals will one day be able to give you a gander and figure out how long you'll last."

She were pretty sure that not only would she be long dead before the answer to this would come, but she would have been reincarnated, and have died from old age again, several times more before it were Nada's turn. A question for the ages this were gonna be, but she had a plan to record now.

Step one: Write down how old she were now. Step two: Get hitched to a stallion, and put down the counting as part of family tradition. The first and last part seemed easy enough, so now she just had to find a stallion. Now, There were the kicker.

"But let's try and focus on how you probably have a load of good years left in you, despite being tucked away for a spell. Gotta be the part worth focusing on, right? Though we do have to find ya some alicorn and dragon friends. Perhaps some other sirens too. Just saying, you're gonna need a crew that'll last through the ages.

And no, that doesn't mean you're allowed to have me stuffed and keep me around for sentimental reasons. Although... It could be kinda funny to know that even after my death, I could cause some awkward moments... I'll have to think about that."

============================================================================

@Etched Daydream

"You look fine, recruit. You won't be having any luck flirting though. My husband's the only stallion of my heart."

Tidal poked at the rings piercing her ears. It weren't all that traditional to have her engagement and wedding rings attached like that, but fighting in the water, there were a good chance that she'd drop them if they were regular, and as they were both int he guard, he got that. So she had hers like this instead, as she figured her ear were gonna stay there. And if it weren't, it were likely because it got eaten, and then she'd have two reasons to go rip it out of whatever ate it. Incentive were a good thing.

"Ain't important how you look though. Is it comfy? Wander around a bit and get a feel for it, then be honest with yourself. Chafing on long duties are gonna make you regret lying to yourself, trust me on that."

=======================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"Shrinking it to fit within a magical bag? Such delight magic you have access to, dear Minty. When one day I come to visit, I simply cannot wait to see what other wonders there is to observe."

Sickle seemed to get a nervous droplet of sweat rolling down over her right eye as she heard this, as well as her teeth clenching, but she said nothing. It weren't her place to get talkative about this sort of thing.

"Ah yes, perhaps it would be in place for me to ask if there are things that are not acceptable, coming from Harrowmark? It is simply in case we or any other residents were to visit your country, to avoid customs trouble. I imagine that no transport of living wicker material are obvious, as well as leaving any cursed objects behind. No skeletal servants either, no? Your reaction to the risen earlier makes me think that at least no higher sentient beings in a decayed state are a welcome sight. That and necromancy can be a touchy subject for some. Especially when it comes to crafting servants.

Some towns utilize this as part of their defense, yet it is a heated topic at times. Personally, I am of the opinion that there is a time and a place for everything, but one should never make permanent servants, only temporary defenders in a pinch, and refrain from forcing specters into servitude entirely. Husks are but items once the soul have left, but the soul itself should be treasured, and shown more respect than this... Violation would entail."

Caramel wrinkled her nose as she said this, clearly not too pleased about this subject, yet getting distracted soon as she saw one of the foals were sneaking closer to her, waiting his turn, but clearly there with a purpose. Something which made her smile and turn her head towards him with a chuckle going over her lips.

"Fifteen minutes you little rascal. And no worries, I'm not letting them send you to bed without your treats."

The little one seemed to lighten up, and went scuttling back towards his friends to tell them the good news.

"Aaah, foals. So innocent and full of joy... One should treasure those days while they can. I would hope that when you all have some of your own, you keep that in mind. Especially you, dear savior. A spry young stallion such as yourself, should really start to think of these sorts of things. And do not worry dear, I'm not offering. You're not really my type."

Caramel chuckled and gave the officer a slight smirk. but said nothing more than that. She had been enough after him already she supposed.