Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom Serenade stifles a giggle, then whispers, as dead Sirens can't talk, "I'm sorry, but it's a secret my mom asked me to keep as Sirens and ponykind still don't have the best relations. Also...look fast". One of the foals, zips over to Ziggy, stares into the Zegasus eyes then leaps up and over and takes up a post on Ziggy's head. 

@Blitz Boom

Thunder chuckles as he then begins to move around in the uniform, finding out if it is the right fit for him "Hmm, well, I might ask that lovely mermaid?" he'd chuckle "sorry, serious business" he'd say, continuing to walk around "Hmm, fits well enough" he tries a few kicks and punches with it "Doesn't hinder those movements" he then spreads his good wing "hmm maybe need to make a few adjustments for my wings though"

@Catpone Cerberus  Widdershins continues talking, focusing on his own chatter rather than looking in Cerberus's direction.

Well! As I say! …. ..on occasion! Magic is about letting things happen. Through getting use to taking its results takes longer to learn. Magic can be focus... or a lack thereof! Results orientated, results varying!

… You ever have anything odd happen to you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Sekel

Thrusting his chest out proudly, Kaltrop indignantly stutters in response, wrapping a claw around the offered glass before clutching it closer to him.

"P-pet?!!? I'm not any lesser than you, I'll have you know! I've used this impressive wingspan to hunt down my own meals in the wild & scare off the occasional, gullible traveling salesponies for years!

Huff! Offering water to a firebreather! … mumble, some hospitality!"

The young drakeling averting his eyes as he grumbles this, shyly away from Dawn's direction.

@Blitz Boom

What information Rosa offered was… concerning, not in a terrible way but having a tribune of three ponies with a two votes evening the split down the middle and the deciding vote down to someone who flip-flops, possibly on a whim doesn’t strike confidence with the siblings. The deciding choice on whether or not they will be allowed to see the proceedings still likely favors them being present but as the bat pony said, it doesn’t guarantee their arguments will amount to much. It’s better than nothing and the two will have to take it. 

“So, we have a day to ourselves and we haven’t planned anything-”

“Other than having Shrimp continue to cleanse the chunk of diamond we started yesterday,” Sen quickly added.

“Right. Any important errands or activities that need to be taken care of? We pretty much have a free day today.”

A question directed to both Rosa and Omen; though Sen and Lin had some idea of what they could be doing, they really had no clue as to what they should do. Frankly, this is the first time they had a day without too many priorities to attend to. Everyday was always busy, even after the exile. They were no strangers to staying up longer than their bedtimes and sometimes took advantage of longer naps when they had a moment of respite. Today is different, not being busy with important matters and having more than enough time to get any small matters over with before sundown. Straying far from Canterlot was about the only thing they know are restricted from doing. 

@Blitz Boom

Ruby didn't seem faced by the serpanther's circling, and she really wasn't, partly because she half-expected it, and partly because she forced herself to ignore it to avoid blowing her cover by attacking the creature "Yeah, about that, I don't actually know what causes it." she simply stated, sounding almost bored "I met this pony-cat hybrid and after the meeting cats suddenly started liking me, my guess is that whatever causes that friendliness causes your calmness, since you're part feline." she was curious what would happen if she removed the necklace that stopped other from sensing her, she of course would do it since there was way too much risk to it due to their location and the fact spicy was there, but she did wonder would the calming effect be strong enough to stop the likely hostility caused by her true nature.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No worries, I don't really care for stuffed creatures, can you actually even stuff ponies?, But I may write a song for you....your decisions and such will decide if it's a hero's tale or a song about a madmare." Nada responded with a humorous smirk, the part about madmare was a joke of course, so she did hope it didn't offend Berry. "It will be complimentary regardless, what kind of friend would sing bad things about her friends after all."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Widdershins
"Not really, I'm usually the odd thing to happen to others, though even I can't explain how I always end up in the right place in the right time, or how I know things I don't know."
Cerberus responded thoughtfully "But there is one specific thing that comes to mind right now that I find quite odd, there is this cat skull that appears on my head now and then, I never notice it before somepony points it out to me, and I have no idea why or how it appears." "Only times the appearance is actually connected to something is nightmare night." 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"I'm not sure if I consider you a 'friend', per say. Maybe more of an acquaintance?" Atzy guessed before shrugging. She wasn't sure how to feel about Enzo at the moment. Sure, he was helping her and Karmic along but at what cost? What was Enzo getting out of all this? She did sigh though when Karmic butted in.

'Hey! I do! He hasn't left me yet or thrown me in jail!' Karmic interjected within Atzy's mind. She took a breath and shut her eyes briefly, almost impaling herself on a stalagmite that was jutting out of the ground at head height.

"Karmic considers you a friend. You're the first one to not leave or throw her in jail," Atzy repeated.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I ... I just have two questions," Aurora managed to say with a few gulps of air and asked her question in a wavery tone. She had no idea on the answer, and was scared to even think it, but she had to ask anyway. "Why do all this? Why should I give second chances to a species I don't even know about?"

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight gave a small nod and managed to look back ahead of her, ignoring the plant creature behind her. "You are right, Last. We should focus on letting Cherish roam around free. Or at least transfer her rooted soul to something in my castle," she told Last and glanced in her direction. She offered a smile and a slight head tilt to the right. "You're like Spike, in a way. You help keep me focus. I think it would be best if you stuck around, Last Stand."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"For years? Don't make me laugh!" Dawn replied before laughing haughtily. "You barely look older than me! And on top of that, you haven't scared me one bit!!"

@EQ_Theta

"I have nothing I need to do."

"I concur on that. I just have to be ready for my court appearance, and try not to cause trouble, or appear as if I am trying to flee. Whatever plans you might be able to think about, might be for the best. Just nothing too physically straining. I can feel that my wounds aren't completely healed yet."

It really were an interesting situation he were in right now, with no direction from any angle to go with from the sound of things.

Omen understandably, had only the gathered beings and Discord in her life, and as her background were one of an indentured servant, she weren't used to taking control or making decisions of her own. As such, she relied on the others to make a decision on what to do and where to go, and at best add some information, perspective, or suggestions on where to go to solve any potential issue.

Sen and Lin were harder for him to pinpoint exactly, but it seemed they were mostly trying to focus on helping those in their apparently small circle of friends. Omen's search for Discord were one thing, but then came Filigree, Rosa's hunt for her and his brother, and now worried of his nightmares and upcoming trial. Most actions he had observed they partook in, were in direct relation to something that impacted the lives of their friends.

Now, he wouldn't say that it weren't admirable, yet it left situations like this, where they couldn't help either, and weren't sure what to do then. Omen's head were a special case which could not be helped along by anything Sen or Lin did, and with her not being in danger or having a lot of questions right now, there were not much they could help her with in the moment.

As for himself, he were in limbo now regarding the trial, and his nightmares weren't something which they could do anything about, without resorting to some rather gruesome medical practices, that wouldn't yield guaranteed results. As such, they had to rely on their own options, and it seemed they were a little uncertain about what to focus on there. He'd speculate if they might be running away from confronting certain things in their own lives, but he didn't have enough evidence for that yet. Merely speculations.

There were of course also Shrimp in this whole equation, but the reptile were sleeping, and seemed uninterested in waking up just yet, so trying to take care of him were not much of an option unless hey woke him up, which seemed ruder than Rosa would expect from any of the others.

"For the record, I am not about to collapse. I can do manual labor degrees of things fine enough, long as it is not pushed too intensely, over a short period of time."

======================================================================================

@Sekel

Enzo saw where Atzy were headed and were already conjuring some some thick rolls of parchment that were reaching out, ready to snap her away from it from behind, when she avoided the stalagmite on her own, and he dismissed them from existence. It seemed it weren't as needed as he had thought, though the fact that he had instinctively reacted like this did tell him something about how he were feeling, regarding this shared persona. Or perhaps it were more akin to protecting a pet? He'd have to think on this at a later point, once he had the time and frame of mind to argue with himself about his tentative connection to the lesser races.

To Atzy, it would likely seem as if the sphinx just kept on following, without incident, and looming above her with his contemplating face only partially lit by the torch he used to light their path.

"They are like that, aren't they? Too trusting of others, if it is wise or not..."

If she looked up, Atzy would be able to see the conflicting look on the sphinx's face about this, as he trailed off into thoughts on what his response to such a statement would be. He had not had a friend since he were but a small kitten, and now, a lesser creature- A pony, no less, had claimed him to be her friend? Considering what their role were in his lands, it should be something he'd scoff at, and dismiss the notion off right away. And yet...

"...I know not how I feel of either of you. My word on helping is a foundation I can stand on, and yet, I find myself conflicted on what you small equines mean. Are you friends? Or perhaps tools? Were I home, it would be simpler, as ponies are but servants to us. in my ancestor's honor, I should already be subjugate you, and make you work for me.

...Strange how I feel no want for that...

Hmph. Perhaps it is as you say, Atzy. We are acquaintances. What else may come of this, lies in the fogs of the future, wherein I cannot peer."

It were a philosophical moment of sorts for Enzo, and an honest one too, which tended to come once a spot of sadness fell over him, as would be evident if one were to look at his slightly more slumped posture and look of sadness going over his eyes, the times when the light of the torch fleetingly hit them.

=======================================================================================

@Sekel

"Alright, fair questions. I'll try and answer 'em as best I can.

The first answer is... Well, survival. Changelings are emotion eaters, with the majority eating love, and sadly, this isn't easy to come by. It only comes from higher sentience beings like ponies, griffons, and dragons, and I'm guessing that ponies likely became the primary source as they have it in abundance, and aren't as strong or paranoid as some other races.

Ergh, how do I explain this the best... Alright, let me try it like this. Griffons eats a good deal of fish, right? To them, they are the prey animal, and they need their proteins and all that sorta good stuff to stay alive. It's the same with changelings and ponies, just that the optics looks worse since we're talking about two higher sentience beings, instead of it being one sided.

So from the outside, it looks like we're monsters hunting innocents just because, though to us, it's a hunt for the food we need to not starve, and end up with mind death. Perspective's important on this matter.

Now, in recent years, there's been some improvements. I ran into some who told me of these gems that had been made, that can actually store excess love, and they had heard that some smaller hives were trading with some towns using that, and actually gotten a good start on a healthy relationship going there, but all that's recent, and very close to Equestria. Onache's from a hive way further out, who had to situate herself migrating through a large desert to not get caught, or bring her hive into danger. We didn't have those sort of options.

So she sort of made herself a fish dam as what she considered her best option, and elected to look at ponies as nothing but food, because it's hard to feed when you sympathize with your prey, and she didn't want her hive to end up with mind death because she'd gone soft and let their food go. Most of the hive she birthed, and a mother's instinct are strong. she refused to let 'em starve, and thought she did the very best she could.

But she were forced to be taken out of that mindset, and be confronted with another truth, and another solution, that'd let her keep her changelings fully fed, safe, and never having to fear they'd end up with mind death again. No culling, no constant search for food, just peace, for once. And she took that jump, even though she knew other queens would detest another going the route of Thorax.

That's sorta leading into the answer of the second question too. Why should you give us a chance? Because we've just found out there's a better way, and we've jumped at it. I figure we should at least get a shot at proving we really are Reformed, changelings. Right?

Plus, like y'said you don't really know a whole lot about changelings. I might've not been born one, but I can fill you in on what I know, when you got some questions."

Phew, this were a lengthy one, but he figured these questions required some real answers, and that sort just wasn't made with only a few words. Hopefully he'd get his point across, and preferably before they hit Thorax's domain (wherever that started), as it wouldn't be a good visual to be seen fighting one another during the first meeting.

==================================================================================

@Sekel

19 hours ago, Sekel said:

"You're like Spike, in a way. You help keep me focus. I think it would be best if you stuck around, Last Stand."

Last stopped dead in her tracks as she were told this, and her open eye went wide in surprise.

She felt as if the air had been hit out of her, and her heart skip a beat in the moment right after the princess had spoken. Had Twilight just... Offered her purpose?

It felt like several minutes had passed for Last once she snapped out of it, though for the others it would be around three seconds, before the mare turned towards the princess, and took a deep breath.

"I... Welcome the offer, your majesty."

Drawing her blade with her right hoof, Last would point the blade downwards, and strike it into the ground. Whilst kneeling behind it, and keeping her front hooves on the hilt of the sword, she would add something to the proceedings, which had once been part of her upbringing, as she had reached maturity, yet never been something she had thought she would be doing a second time.

"Stars above as my witness, I pledge my allegiance, my blade, and my life to the crown. May your rule be as eternal as the pale moon's light."

She had grown up around Princess Luna fanatics. It were impossible that her pledge would not contain some obvious references to that.

Once she were done, she took in a few deep breaths, and unless Princess Twilight intervened, would rise up and sheath her blade again, before leading them onward to Ponyville once more, yet now with a drive that seemed to beckon her on with renewed energy. Hopefully the princess wouldn't be concerned about the rather... Intense response to a comment about wanting Last to stick around, though she would have to get used to it for a time now, unless she were willing to break the mare's heart by dismissing her service.

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Samuel would stop his path once he had made one full trip around, looking none too pleased about what he heard.

"A negligent, yet annoying boon you have gotten. Perhapsss the creature knew sssome day, you would need thisss?

I would be wary if I were you, equine. My kind are not sssomething you would need protection from, normally. The only feline whom you might meet, that thisss would be needed with, are the Sssphinx."

"Or it could just be a random thing from a weirdo. You always go too seriously at these sorta things, dude."

"And that isss why I am ssstill free. Heed my warning, you think too sssmall, if you believe there are no reassson to madnessss."

Samuel would give a wary look towards Ruby, then be on his way in the opposite direction, clearly wanting to be as far from this one as possible.

"I swear, one day, I'm gonna have to try and get the poor guy to a hospital so they can remove the pointy stick up his rear. Must be chafing him real bad these days when he just ups and takes off, for a pretty far reached reason."

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you can stuff a pony? Legally speaking, oh hay no. That's crazy illegal, even with consent.

That being said, there's an expert for anything on the shady markets, so if you really wanted it to happen, it would just be about asking in the right circles, and then be really good at convincing others that the stuffed pony in question were just a really life like mannequin, or something like that."

Hmm... She should probably not elaborate on this unless she were asked further. Nada were just poking her head back into the game now. Knowing that there were a sprawling mix of shady and outright horrendous things or acts that could be yours if you just had the means to pay for it, probably wouldn't be too good of a thing to explain in details. Plus she left her files on this sort of thing at home, and she sure weren't taking those out from there. One wrong set of ears heard she had these, and her house were suddenly caught on fire. Some of those folks really didn't take kinda to others snooping around.

"Bet you'd just use me in a musical performance. *Oh here stands a mare, as mad as a hatter. Now forever she stands, and listens to my... Slanter?* No that can't be right. Darn it. Really thought I had something there."

======================================================================================

@Etched Daydream

"Hey, if you wanna go for Sergeant Kelp, be my guest. I ain't against fraternizing.

Just keep something in mind here: She's a traditionalist, and where she's from, you ain't getting as much as a date without defeating your chosen one in combat. You wanna have a shot at her? You're gonna need to train, and figure out how to win in a fair fight. Ain't gonna be easy, I'll tell ya that, but I figure you'll see soon enough. She likes to show overconfident recruits their place."

Tidal got a small smirk on her face as she imagined how Thunder were gonna get his flank handed to him. A lot didn't think mermaids could fight, being all cutesy and dainty, but Kelp were more than happy to prove you wrong. Honestly, if she cared to try for it, Tidal were sure the mermaid might actually have a shot at becoming general, but Kelp had been stubborn about that subject. She liked where she were, without all the hassle that leading the entire guard would entail.

As Thunder mentioned his wings weren't all too comfy in the uniform, Tidal would wander right over to the forge and hammer on the door a few times with her hoof, until the door opened and a slightly singed, hulking mountain of an earth pony would open the door, and look down on first the one he did not know, and then the general.

"General."

His voice were rumbling like thunder, and he looked as if whatever metal he worked with, he could bend with his bare hoof. His short mane and tail were either really dark or soot covered, and clearly cut down to avoid getting into accidents where it got stuck or set on fire. As he spoke, he'd raise a pair of typical blacksmiths goggles from his eyes, revealing a pair of clear blue pupils, focused entirely on the general, and with an steely look going over them matching his *no nonsense* appearance. Only thing that didn't seem to, were two plain rings in silver and gold around his neck, in a chain seemingly made of some sort of magical metal, considering the slight blue glow. Likely Tidesurge Iron, which were known to have this peculiar side effect.

"There's my ray of sunlight. Forge running fine, Downstream?"

"Yes. We are ready for the recruits."

"Excellent. And speaking of which, I have one here, who needs his armor to be a bit more suited for his wings. Think you can give the kid a quick hoof?"

Downstream nodded and turned towards Thunder, whom he'd give a long, examining stare, before slightly nodding once more.

"Give me the armor, recruit."

@Moonlit

It were but a short moment, but Ziggy had a good glance into those big, cutesy little eyes, before the little one crawled up on her head to get a higher vantage point than the others. Something that weren't too unusual for her, considering her height left her head as a great place to get good look over things. Fah'lina did the same thing, and the foal were far less likely to bite her.

"You're being silly cryptic, Serenade. Answers laters, okay?"

With that, Ziggy would look upwards towards the new foal steering this ride.

"Hello, tiny one. You wanna be the new captain of the ship? Or... Perhaps a plane?"

She'd raise her large wings and wiggle them around a little, indicating her willingness to fly this, and other foals around if they wanted. Just not too many at a time, and it should probably be normally. Her special flight would be too rattling for the tiny ones she bet.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would nod "Wouldn't have it any other way, to be honest" he would say in response to Tidal's remarks about General Kelp. "Training it is then" he would say before they arrived at the forge.

He waited until the forge master would arrive and after being told to fork over his armor, he'd take it off and give it over to him "Here you go" he would say, looking around. 

@Blitz Boom The foal shakes her head, "Silly. Rocks don't move or talk" She stretches, then starts to fluff Ziggy's mane before laying down and use her head as a nesting rock. The other foals pout, she had taken the best spot. They decide to curl up around her.

@Blitz Boom

“Well, I might have told Amethyst I’d be bringing in a few plants from home for her to sample in her brews. She’s got a delicious assortment of teas and I’m excited to share some of the forest’s bounty with her. Our mother’s favorite ginger root, the rare jade orchid… simple little things, really.”

“Believe it or not, sometimes we dry and grind the ginger root into a powder and use them for dyes or paint. Very useful for blending into the trees when autumn comes; the brighter colors hide our darker complexions while hunting or guarding.”

The two wouldn’t outright admit it but something about being exiled and their time with newfound friends left the siblings with the possibility of not being able to find something to do with their lives. It may not seem like it but given they haven’t acclimated to settling down in the village and always out on an adventure, the two have become accustomed to this kind of routine and dedication to helping their friends with their problems. 

Nothing negative has come of it but they are reminded that once this adventure outside of their home is over, they will have to return to their lives as well, rebuild and learn about the things that have changed with themselves, start anew. Clearly it shows their time exiled and on the road left them without a goal for themselves.

“You know, Rosa, maybe we could tend to your wounds while we’re still here,” Lin suddenly grew perky and rummaged through the containers of dried plants she brought with her. “I might have brought something that could help. Maybe pain relief? I promise it isn’t invasive.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

"Oh, the shrinking was not my doing, as much as I'd like to take the credit.  No, the barrier was mine, but the bag and shrinking is the doing of one savior's sister," she sighed, ever envious of the Tycoon Queen.  If Minty could equate her magic to a battering ram or hurricane, Setting Dawn was a skilled surgeon with the most precise of scalpels.  Spinning spells of an elegant craft that the larger unicorn could only dream of.  Levitating the detective's bag into his lap with the safety of Harrowmark and Equestria's first token of friendship in, well... Minty wasn't a historian, she had no idea how long, was safe and secure.

Taking up his bag, he place on the table while they were talking.  Spinning around the face the table on his seat, he opened up the other flap that didn't receive the protected gift.  Each bag looked like it could hold a few books a piece.  Sticking his snout into the opening of the one bag, he looked around.  Pulling back, he stuck both his hoofs inside, followed by his head, neck and chest.  Half of Rising's body had disappeared into a bag that couldn't fit such a feat, or that his hoofs and head should be going through the table.  The bag moved a little as he rummaged around inside the void that was his enchanted bag.  The sounds of objects falling over could be heard.  The thudding of falling books, tinging of items that must have been glass or crystal hitting harder objects.  The rush of running water and the annoyed muffled "Bah!" from the detective came next and the rapid movements of the half buried unicorn moving to fix whatever caused the sound. 

Without any remarked to her detective's behavior, Minty continued the conversation.  "Hmm, Equestria is not accustom to the undead.  Limiting an exchange of creatures and artifacts for the time being would be best advised in the short term.  Dark magics in our land is also very frowned upon.  Usually a topic us at the O.M.I. actually pursue.  Not that all dark magic is evil, but the common folk can be rather leery of it.  I'm sure further details will be worked out with our Princess of Friendship.  Whom I'm sure will be quite excited to establish relations after mine and Rising's report."  Who as if on que came out of his bag with a resounding FUMP, like taking one's hoof out of a jar it'd been stuck in.  Rising's upper body was completely soaked, but at least the book he came out with was dry.  Titled 'Equestria and Her Customs'.  The wet detective offering the book up to Wisp, "This should help."

It was strange to be hearing that again in such a short amount of time.  First from his mother, then his sister, but that was normal.  The other parts came from the fact that he'd then been told about needing to get a special somepony from a talkative stranger inventor pony, and then by a large mechanical spider bot.  Now a mare from a foreign land he just met.  "No offence taken," he replied with a smile.  Hey, anything could happen on vacation.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:02 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I will extend your offer, and your plea for assistance, though I cannot say when you might hear back from them.

As for us, we will sadly not stay in town much longer. A few hours from now, our reservations will end, and we will return to Ponyville. Brittle have done exceptionally well in my opinion when it comes to socializing this trip, but I cannot force everything down upon her at once. One must steel themselves with patience and compassion, in matters such as this."

Looking over at Brittle, it might be hard to see where the good, social interaction were, as she were just silently standing in the corner and looking at them from the shadows, yet Briar knew her better. He knew that not long ago, even being near this town would have made her break down crying for hours on end, as there were too much for her to fear. Yet she hadn't, and he were very proud of her for the way she had handled things, even if she were still afraid of others and hid behind him. Foal steps.

"Still, if you wish for us to spend our last time before leaving with you, we could surely oblige. Would you have anything in mind?

Ah, and forgive my manners: Brittle and I humbly thank you for the offer being extended to us as well. Perhaps one day, we may make use of it, long as we are not burdens."

Velvet smiled at the pair. "Please, don't think of yourselves as burdens. I am more than happy to accommodate, even if it's a challenge to keep up at first. Have you eaten yet?" He asked, standing up.

He intended to offer breakfast, but he understood if they declined. After all, they held no fear of the open road and the many wonders and dangers he wasn't yet ready to face. But if nothing else, he wanted them to leave with the knowledge that they now had a friend who was willing to help should the need arise.

@Rising Dusk

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Oh, the shrinking was not my doing, as much as I'd like to take the credit.  No, the barrier was mine, but the bag and shrinking is the doing of one savior's sister,"

Caramel's eyebrow rose again at hearing this. So Rising not only had a sister, but said mare were also a pony of great power, just as him? In a sense, it did put some pressure off Rising to find a mare himself, as the legacy of his family were likely secure as long as his sister weren't infertile or had preferences for her own gender, or other races. Something which Caramel wouldn't judge on. She had several friends throughout the years who were in inter-species relationships, and she would lie if she claimed she hadn't dipped her hooves in that particular pond once or twice throughout the years. Judging others for their preferences would be incredibly hypocritical, and far be it from her to partake in that sort of narrow-minded, false justifications. If she could accept being part of something herself, she could also accept that others would thread down the same path.

Returning to the talk about their dear savior though, it were true that he did not have the pressure on him to continue his line for the name's sake, since he had a sibling, yet at the same time, both of them were impressively strong magic users. That sort of thing were incredibly unlikely to just be flukes, and as such, the odds of his own offspring carrying this demonstrably powerful gene, blessing, or celestial boon - whatever the reason be that power flowed from at the very least their generation of Rising's family - were fairly high. It would be a dreadful shame to let such grand potential go to waste.

Plus, he seemed like a nice young stallion, with a heavy burden on his shoulders. One such as him, deserved to come home after a long day of dreadful things, to a family that would remind him of the good he fought for in this world, and make him happy.

Everything considered, he should not have a problem finding this she'd say. He were objectively an attractive one. Polite as well, and of course, a powerful stallion with several titles to his name. Though his sense of style were woefully inadequate, there were many things he had going for him, which could draw a mare's eye towards him. Just not hers. The dear stallion were a lovely pony, surely, but Caramel preferred bulkier, more brawny types, or highly intelligent creatures. A mixture of those two would be an ideal, but she were open to be drawn to one aspect, and see how things may evolve.

While she had been thinking about this, she had observed how Rising had started to dive into his bag of all things, proving once more how mystical it truly were, as he could be two thirds within it, and yet, it seemed like the bag itself moved nowhere, and he did not pass through. Perhaps it contained a portal of sorts? A minor pocket dimension by chance? She weren't sure if she believed those were real, but it were hard to not at least consider it, seeing how it would be a valid explanation for this phenomenon.

Looking at his rear end were not all that entertaining however, so her eyes wandered whilst she waited to see what he were chasing, and what state he were in, as it sounded as if he had pushed some things over? It were hard to tell, since she didn't know what were on the other side of this entrance to his bag, but he weren't screaming or writhing in agony, so whatever it were that went on, it were likely harmless enough. Potentially involving water, which might mean she should take some drying powder forth and have ready, just in case.Mostly it were used to dry up swamp goop so it were easier to clean off, so whatever he had run into down there, it could likely do wonders for him too, as it tended to take a good deal to rinse whatever made up the swamp muck normally. Persistent, potentially disease riddled mess that were.

Finding her eyes on Wisp soon enough, Caramel rose a hoof to her face, and smirked greatly beneath it. Seemed like the poor mare were concerned for him, judging by the body posture she gave off- Like a cat, ready to jump as soon as some predetermined factor entered the equation. However, her eyes and the angle they were going, told her that someone at least had found themselves transfixed, in regards to their savior posterior.  Hmhmhm, silly little mare she were.

"Is it just me, or is it tempting to give the dear stallion a little push, and see what would happen?"

She looked at Minty as she said this, and wouldn't get a response for it by Wisp, as she had expected. Still, Caramel found this an amusing thing to say, as were clear when her chuckle came in over it. It were merely in jest. Mostly. It would be rather fun to just tip him in as far as she were concerned, though she wouldn't do that. Not this time at least. Besides, she had other things to focus on. Such as Minty explaining things regarding Equestria. Something which could end up being highly valuable information.

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

.  "Hmm, Equestria is not accustom to the undead.  Limiting an exchange of creatures and artifacts for the time being would be best advised in the short term.  Dark magics in our land is also very frowned upon.  Usually a topic us at the O.M.I. actually pursue.  Not that all dark magic is evil, but the common folk can be rather leery of it.  I'm sure further details will be worked out with our Princess of Friendship.  Whom I'm sure will be quite excited to establish relations after mine and Rising's report."

"You have a friendship princess? What a peculiar standing that sounds like.

That being said, if she would like to come to Harrowmark at some point, or take visitors, I am sure that she could learn quite a bit from us then, as we could from her, and understand what might be good, what are objectively bad, and what demands extreme precaution. As a royal, having her see or hear of these things before relaying a verdict on them towards her own citizens, might be an important part of cross cultural understanding and acceptance.

Ah, but we'll see I suppose. For the time being, I will make sure to just avoid bringing unneeded dark magic with me, and leave the dead be, then see what may come."

2 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Who as if on que came out of his bag with a resounding FUMP, like taking one's hoof out of a jar it'd been stuck in.  Rising's upper body was completely soaked, but at least the book he came out with was dry.  Titled 'Equestria and Her Customs'.  The wet detective offering the book up to Wisp, "This should help."

"You're wet. You're gonna catch a cold and- ..."

While Caramel addressed Minty, Wisp would have her sole focus on Rising as he exited the bag, and wander closer with obvious worry and concern for his well being, almost radiating from her eyes. Though initially sounding as if she had a long line to say, she would trail off before going too far, about the same time as the book were reached towards her.

She'd put it aside on the nearest table and barely seem to care about it in the slightest, as she activated her magic, and dozens of pale wisps flickered into existence around the detective, and burned with an appropriate heat radiating from them, which should not burn him or cause him discomfort, yet would help dry him up somewhat quickly, and hopefully save him from a cold. all the while, she'd look at him, and wander a bit from side to side, to make sure that he seemed to be drying up, weren't hurt otherwise, and most importantly, weren't feeling bad from her actions. She'd regulate if needed be, in case she saw this.

Caramel gave a knowing look to Minty, along with a little smirk and a slight head nod towards this scene, before the book started to float over towards her instead, and landed gently on her back.

"Much appreciated. I'll make sure to pass it on to the High Priestess, whom can then give the information to our queen who will have some official guidelines made on the matter. Once I'm done reading it myself, of course. It shouldn't take long."

===================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

15 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Well, I might have told Amethyst I’d be bringing in a few plants from home for her to sample in her brews. She’s got a delicious assortment of teas and I’m excited to share some of the forest’s bounty with her. Our mother’s favorite ginger root, the rare jade orchid… simple little things, really.”

“Believe it or not, sometimes we dry and grind the ginger root into a powder and use them for dyes or paint. Very useful for blending into the trees when autumn comes; the brighter colors hide our darker complexions while hunting or guarding.”

"Sounds useful for seasonal camouflage.

Back when I grew up, and attended spy school, learning camouflage were an important part of our studies. As thestrals, we have the advantage of being accustomed to the night, and as such, have camouflage based off that. The suit I used to wear, before the... incident, as a good example of that, as it blends in with the shadows during the night. It might have not seemed like it during the day, but Duskmoth Silk is potent for this kind of thing under the right conditions.

Daytime jobs, we have to either try and blend in, or as you do, try and match our surroundings. I mostly make use of foilage, dirt and such, but paints sound like it would perform well too, and have less of a failure rate. Oftentimes in my experience, that's what the close combat training were mainly good for, along with the smoke bombs."

A good spy wouldn't be found out at all, or only after the deed had been done, and they had been training to be top of their field. A bittersweet reminder to know that he had performed quite well during these classes, considering what said skills ended up being used for. Hopefully he'd find some way to make use of what he had learned, and use it for better things, though he had so far been able to use it as countermeasures to espionage. Sharing his tricks and showing off the easiest places for his kind to infiltrate or hide, had nettet some results from what he knew, but still, he hoped for something more tangible, at some point in the future. Who knew? Perhaps he'd become an adventurer or something. That profession had some use for abilities like his.

"Anyway, it is interesting to hear that you and Amethyst are running a trade deal of sorts. A good start of course. I'm just surprised it is tea, of all things, that you decided to share before anything else."

16 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“You know, Rosa, maybe we could tend to your wounds while we’re still here,” Lin suddenly grew perky and rummaged through the containers of dried plants she brought with her. “I might have brought something that could help. Maybe pain relief? I promise it isn’t invasive.”

"I appreciate the sentiment, Lin, but I think it is best that I refuse. The kitsune remedy already handles the worst of the pain, and I worry what might happen if this and your mixture have an averse effect on one another. There is no guarantee, but considering everything, I think it best to not risk it, unless I appear to be getting worse.

That being said, if you had something that might help with the itching of my external wounds, that would be highly appreciated. It is getting increasingly difficult to simply ignore it, the further along the last parts of the healing goes along."

The wounds were hardly visible after what the kitsune had done, but the last bit of scar tissue had been left to heal on its own, as the two students either deemed it safer, or had missed it for some reason. Though regardless of why he still had some underneath his coat, the fact remained that they were suddenly starting to itch, and a small spike of that feeling almost had him lift a hoof to scratch at it. He knew well this meant that the healing were well underway, but that didn't stop this from being very uncomfortable, and as he said, harder to simply ignore.

====================================================================================

@Moonlit

Oh, so she were a rock now? *meep* And a well visited one too! just look at all those foals that were gathering around her now.

Of course, the first one had taken the best spot, and the rest were none too happy about it. Perhaps if this sort of thing kept up, Ziggy would have to make sure that they all got their turn up there. She just had to figure out who were who, as they looked pretty close to one another, and she hadn't heard any names so far. She'd ask, but rocks didn't ask questions. Rocks just sat there, whilst a bunch of foals used her as a cuddly place to sit against, like a... Moss-covered rock. Yeah, that were it. A moss covered rock, with some feathers and stuff. That was her now. Yep.

====================================================================================

@Etched Daydream

Downstream would take the armor and give a nod towards Thunder, though otherwise say nothing as he wandered back into his forge and closed the door.

"Dont'cha worry one bit, Thunder. Downstream's a real pro at this sort of thing, and can just see your measures by looking at you. He'll know exactly how to make it fit you specifically in no time.

Just look at my armor. He made it, and besides the cloth parts like the cloak that's just there for official visits anyway, it's kept up without a hitch so far. Not that's I'd let 'im hear the end of it either, if he made some sub par armor for own wife, and he darn well knows it. And like any good husband, he doesn't want the hassle at home."

She went into a big grin as she said this. Frankly, Downstream would make her armor perfectly whatever he were her husband or not. He were a perfectionist, and incredibly proud of his work. If anything even looked sub par, he'd fix it, correct it, or just smelt it down and start over.

==============================================================================

@EcstaticWind

"As a changeling of the more... Unfortunate variety, Brittle do not have an easy time eating many other things than love, and I ensured she got fed on that life-essential nutrient earlier. Though it does remind me that I need to procure some honey at some point... You wouldn't happen to know a good vendor in town, would you?"

His love were more earthy and not as wholesome as the variant from ponies, but it were giving willingly, and Brittle felt safer feeding off him than others, exactly because he didn't mind. She didn't need to be afraid of backlash, or being called a monster or something. She could just let him know when she needed to feed, and he'd stand still and wait for her to be done. It honestly didn't drain him all that much, and Brittle didn't need to feed constantly, so it were no bark off his nose.

"As for myself, I have not yet, no. This establishment does not include a dining room, and even if it did, I am not sure if it would include the meat that I need. Not that I can only feed on that, heaven's no, but I do need the proteins. Mostly from fish, though other small critters can do in a pinch. Nothing too smart though. I have my principles, and one of the core ones is that no matter if the body is already deceased, I refuse to feast on higher sentience life forms. I'd rather starve, than become what have been expected of me since I blossomed."

54 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"As a changeling of the more... Unfortunate variety, Brittle do not have an easy time eating many other things than love, and I ensured she got fed on that life-essential nutrient earlier. Though it does remind me that I need to procure some honey at some point... You wouldn't happen to know a good vendor in town, would you?"

His love were more earthy and not as wholesome as the variant from ponies, but it were giving willingly, and Brittle felt safer feeding off him than others, exactly because he didn't mind. She didn't need to be afraid of backlash, or being called a monster or something. She could just let him know when she needed to feed, and he'd stand still and wait for her to be done. It honestly didn't drain him all that much, and Brittle didn't need to feed constantly, so it were no bark off his nose.

"As for myself, I have not yet, no. This establishment does not include a dining room, and even if it did, I am not sure if it would include the meat that I need. Not that I can only feed on that, heaven's no, but I do need the proteins. Mostly from fish, though other small critters can do in a pinch. Nothing too smart though. I have my principles, and one of the core ones is that no matter if the body is already deceased, I refuse to feast on higher sentience life forms. I'd rather starve, than become what have been expected of me since I blossomed."

"As it happens, I do know a nice place in the city to gather what you need, and I'm sure I can make something for you, though I would have to visit a place for Gryphons to get the necessary meat. Though perhaps you'll be able to buy some supplies for the road."

Velvet seemed to cheer up considerably, now that he was being asked what he knew but also had the capability to help, knowing enough about the city to address Briar's specific need for honey and meat, and had enough knowledge to try and find what they needed if he didn't have a ready answer. A contrast to his fears and uncertainty.

"I hope Brittle is fine with my company a little longer." He said, just wanting to help out where he thought there was a need for it.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just shrugged at Samuel's suggestion, she couldn't really form an opinion about his words because she didn't know what the truth was. When he was gone and Spicy had commented her comments, Ruby spoke "He isn't necessarily wrong about me though." "Because though it's true that the cat thing may be just a powerful creature having its weird fun, it could just as likely have an actual reason." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada shook her head with humorous exhale "I'm not really one for dramatic performances like that, I just sing, so no worries about that." "But who knows, maybe I lose my mind at some point and end up doing something like that, no creature is immune to insanity."

@Blitz Boom The foals nuzzle her. "mmm....warm rock". One snuggles under a wing, with the others seek to use her body heat to warm themselves up. The one on top of her head begins to snore, as she's fallen asleep. She starts to slowly...slowly creep down the front of ziggy's head. She feels one of the foals start to sneak up her back, and with a pounce...pushes the head foal off and takes her spot. 

@Blitz Boom

Thunder smiles "Ah, so you're the stallion who managed to tame Tidal's heart eh?" he'd ask jokingly and then laugh "Well, I look forward to working with all of you" he would say with a big smile, leaning against the wall, and looking around "Now, I just need to think of how I'm going to surprise my parents..and Fluttershy with the news"

@Blitz Boom

“Um… a trade deal? No no, it’s more like a thank you gift. While we were looking for ways to hide the beast heart away, we sat down and had tea. Amethyst was curious about our brews from home and I wanted to bring some over for her to sample.”

“It’s one of those things we had in common, the one that stood out the most.”

If it were anything like the deals made back home, all transactions relied on bartering goods or for services rendered. Deals done for free were rarely noticed in the village but there have been a few here and there. Rosa’s mention of a trade deal might have come off as this towards the siblings but perhaps it could be understood as such from a certain point of view. After all, there definitely was an exchange of sorts: information for goods. A one-time thing at the moment but maybe in the future, Lin and Amethyst would end up regularly exchanging a variety of tea leaves in regularity. That moment spent with Amethyst, she thought about it some more and it brought comfort despite it being spent drinking, almost forgetting about the conversation. 

As soon as Lin returned to reality and heard mention of the Rosa’s itching problem, however, she began rummaging through her things faster. Given amount of things she packed for their extended stay away from home, she had to anticipate something like this. Not so much the itching but there might be a little fix for it, temporary relief at best. It didn’t take long for her to open a gate and left the area for a few minutes before returning with a circular container no bigger than her claw. 

“Didn’t have something on me but there’s this,” the longma revealed what looked like a thick, clear paste. “Heartwood sap. It takes time to prepare a small batch of this but apply it to the itch and you won’t even feel it.”

“It also works as a horn balm," Sen quickly added. "When those start to itch, it gets really annoying! It would be silly to see a longma rubbing horns against a rock or a tree! Just apply where it itches and when you feel something cold, the itching will start going away. Might take a minute or two.” 

@EQ_Theta

15 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Didn’t have something on me but there’s this,” the longma revealed what looked like a thick, clear paste. “Heartwood sap. It takes time to prepare a small batch of this but apply it to the itch and you won’t even feel it.”

“It also works as a horn balm," Sen quickly added. "When those start to itch, it gets really annoying! It would be silly to see a longma rubbing horns against a rock or a tree! Just apply where it itches and when you feel something cold, the itching will start going away. Might take a minute or two.”

"You might be able toget trade deals with certain species such as dragons, if this salve works on other races. The flying reptilians are known to get on edge in their first century or so, when their horn growth is at their worst. It might be beneficial to everyone if they had a reliable and beneficial trade agreement with a race that can help them relieve this issue. Historically, I believe they tried with the zebras, but the details are sketchy on what happens, as zebrican history are difficult to interpret. My best guess is that the older, more primal dragons attempted to get their ways through enslavement, and neither side have been willing to look past the history for centuries on end. It shouldn't happen again though, with their more open-minded dragon lord, and on behalf of the fact that all but one of the primals are dead, with the last remaining one not caring much for politics, not conquering."

Rosa talked on about this as it helped him distract from the increased itching, though he did give a thankful smile and a nod once he were offered this paste, and with the tip of his hoof, began to apply a thin layer to the healing wound. It were down to three, barely visible scars going down his mid section, so it did not take much, and by the deep sigh of relief he gave off a little after speaking, it seemed to be working as intended.

"Sweet night sky, that helps. Thank you."

He'd give back the salve, of which he as used very little, and then have a seat as the nice, cooling effect pressed on him like a stubborn autumn breeze. A not too unpleasant feeling honestly, and leagues above the itching, which whilst he could stop himself from scratching, might end up poking at the edges of his sanity if it went on for too long. Having broken his leg once and needing a cast, he knew how brutal the itching could get eventually, so avoiding that unrelenting assault at least for now, were a welcome change.

"To get back to my point though, there is a good chance that your kind are able to provide something which others out there have interest in, who might then have something you could use. Physical interactions wouldn't even have to be done, long as you have a neutral messenger or rely on things such as carrier pigeons, though I would strongly advice against living animals, due to some dragons still enjoying meat, and may accidentally think a pigeon as merely a snack. The better solution is to make contact via another mean, such as a letter sent with a more traditional means like a gryphon carrier, and then try to work on finding a neutral ground where your leaders can talk.

This could then have ripple effects, as the dragons are now connected to the ponies of Equestria, who are part of a dozen or so other races, which is a market that is only growing due to the work of mainly Princess Twilight and her diplomatic missions. Getting one hoof into part of that market, even via one of the currently smaller partners like the dragons or changelings, would be a strong move towards the longma becoming part of a more global community.

I'm not saying it is a move that should be done lightly, nor instantly. There are of course a lot of things to think about regarding this, and once that first step had been taken, the longma's days of being generally unknown would be at an end. You could still remain isolationist though. For example the thestrals of Nighthaven do still enjoy being left generally alone, and then take the wares to trade to a predetermined location where the trade itself will then take place, before both parties goes their separate ways. Now, they do still allow for some tourism, but it is limited, and being part of the known market means they can also gain information on more... Troubling individuals that they should keep a distance from. It helps to weed out troublemakers, and identify more important or harmless individuals that could enrich them in some way, or seems open and respectful to their culture.

That is more long term commitments and trade offs though. In your situation, this exchange of tea are on a far less global scale, though you should consider what it means if Amethyst begins to speak off what you bring her, or even shares it. More than becomes aware, and if the tea in question are good, there will be a demand that could well be filled. It would take time, but this minor exchange you have with the jeweler, could well lay the groundwork for the longma being not only welcomed into the market, but anticipated and prepared for. It may well become important for more long term commitments, though in case your more rare plants becomes popular for tea, you'd definitely need to get along well with the druids of Germane, a grove of dryads, or a more open-minded village of evergrown, as they all have exceptional skills in ensuring a natural, bountiful harvest. I still have a few contacts here and there that might be of some use, if it comes to that."

It were a lengthy talk, but one thing that Rosa had to focus on in his line of work, were generally speaking ripple effects. One small action, that could lead to so much more as the wave pushed outwards. Back in the day, he had seen it mainly with how manipulating a few things whilst trying to gain information would affect the long term plans of said information gathering, though after his enlightening episode, he had also started to become aware of the more painful, darker side of his actions. Ripples that he had not taken into account, yet were important.

The longma trying to make contact with others could well have several negative ripples too, even if done correctly, and that would have to be taken into consideration. Though Rosa would still personally advocate for taking the chance, and then just be prepared to deal with potential issue in advance, to put out the fire before it spread, so to speak.

@Etched Daydream

"He doesn't talk a whole lot when he's working, but he's an absolute sweetheart. And who can fault him for being focused when he's on the clock, right? He got a whole lot of guards relying on his work keeping 'em safe, and he doesn't wanna let 'em down, and get hurt."

It wouldn't take many minutes before Downstream would be outside again, with the armor held in front of him, and placing it down on the ground when he reached Thunder.

"Try it now."

If Thunder did as asked, he'd find that it would indeed fit him better now, and not interfere with his wings, but it would also be slightly warm. Nothing that would burn him, but more like a war sweater on a spring day. It needed a bit more time to cool down, unless he liked the increased warmth.

===================================================================================

@Moonlit

Oooh, naughty filly.

Ziggy should have figured something like this were gonna happen sooner or later, as her head had become prime real estate, yet thankfully this time, she had been ready for it, as the filly sleeping on her head at the time had started to slump forward, so there wasn't an issue, as she had already been ready to snatch her up once she slid down. So Ziggy had grabbed hold of the little one, and now had her cradling in her front hooves. It were such an adorable little scamp... Were it wrong that she really wanted to keep this one?

The one on her head though. Why, if she hadn't been a rock Ziggy would have said something about safety and waiting your turn, but rocks didn't talk, so she had to keep quiet and wait until she once again became a zegasus. Or a parrot, or something else that could speak. At least she was a warm rock for the more well behaved fillies, who wanted to use her as a heater, or her wings as blankets. She couldn't blame them, they were real soft, and she tended to use them as such herself sometimes. It helped on more chilly days.

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I'd say we should hope for there being no other reason than to mess with ya, Ruby. Because if there's a reason, it might be just like he said: You'll run into sphinxes, and that ain't gonna spell nothing but trouble."

Not even int he black market circuit they really had anything to do with sphinxes, as the large felines tended to have a superiority complex that made them both highly annoying to deal with, and potentially dangerous, as it wasn't unheard off that they considered certain races as easy property, and would just take you, no questions asked, so they were generally not welcomed to any auctions.

There were a few exceptions, but it had a lot of restrictions like them having to send servants, the wares and money had to be stored at the auction itself, rather than being transported in via portals, to avoid potential issues, and so on ans so forth. It were a right mess, that were often too much hassle to be worth it, even for Scarcity. And she had managed to make quite a few problematic beings work well at the auctions, that others had given up on trying to deal with.

Things might change if they ever met a sphinx who did not have their general, problematic mixture of pride and feeling of entitlement, but what were the odds of that, when even exiles tended to be trouble? Spicy doubted it'd be in her lifetime at least.

"Or perhaps that Stranger fellah... Nah, this seems too low brow for that.

Anyway, what're you game for now? We go straight to the drinking, we enjoy ourselves at the casino, get something to eat, or you're in for a spa treatment? That place we just chased Samuel out of, ain't too shabby of a place."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Nope. There's a whole lotta crazies out there, and it can be hidden really well until it just suddenly starts to bubble to the surface, and they snap. Knew one guy, right? Been a good husband, father, great boss for his workers, nothing ever showed. One day he just wandered into a store, started to hit his head into the produce and screaming *I see the seven eyes!* every time he did so.

Looking over his things later, the guards found several journals showing how he just went spiraling down the deep end, but kept it hidden from everypony in his life. They of course keep the details to themselves, but holy smokes, that guy just never got right again. He'd act all fine and good around others, but soon as he'd see even the resemblance of a vegetable, he'd go crazy. Had to be tied down more often than not to stop him from hurting himself and others. Poor thing."

Back at the psych ward, Berry had tried to communicate with him sometimes, and often it went well, but even in his lucid stages, he couldn't say anything sane about what went wrong. It were all about *Something watching him from the darkness below* and *It sees through the greens, feeding us it's young to fatten us for the banquet*. And those were among the less disturbing things. Soon as he went into details, it got real nasty, and the poor thing just looked so terrified about it all the time. Whatever went on, she didn't doubt that he were genuinely terrified at this thing he believed were true.

"Take it from somepony who knows their fair bit of crazies: The worst thing you can do, is keeping it to yourself. Find others to talk with, get some help, and then perhaps it can be stopped before you suddenly crack and... I dunno, drag somepony below the waves and make them your pets? I have no idea what sorta crazy a siren would go for, and hopefully, I'll never see it either."

She'd grin at her friend as she said this, genuinely hoping that the crazy would stay away from her, and that Nada didn't have to deal with this sort of thing ever. And if she had, then not from her, but from another siren whom she might be able to help.

==========================================================================

@EcstaticWind

"On the road, I actually tend to do my own supply gathering, such as fishing or chasing insects. My vines - or rather, Vine these days, as I am still waiting for the other one to regrow - can strike with quite a bit of force, and so have acces paths to my stomach for smaller creatures, so it helps with insects. Also, I might add, it sometimes allow me to do a little day labor as a pest controller, whilst getting a meal at the same time. A rather fortunate experience when it happens.

Regardless, if you know of a place where I can find things before we leave, it would be most appreciated, and worry not, we will accompany you to see the gryphons."

"G-Gryphons?"

Brittle seemed to be increasingly scared as this race were mentioned as being ones they might soon run into.

"Like with many other races, it is important that you get to see that they are not all bad, Brittle. Vendor gryphons in mixed city populations are generally speaking quite a bit kinder than the ones in their own nesting areas or towns, as they have to be more open-minded to live among so many varied creatures and cultures. Yet if any of them tries anything, you know me. Would I ever let you be hurt?"

Brittle would blush slightly and shake her head as she looked towards the ground, feeling sort of embarrassed about things now. Briar couldn't see it, but her silence did tell him what he needed to understand from this.

"Worst case scenario, I will simply use Velvet here as an impromptu equine shield.

Hehe, I jest. Neither of you have anything to worry about. Things will work well, and it will be a learning experience regardless of how it goes. If you wish for us to leave and head there now, Velvet, we are ready for you."

@Blitz Boom Celestia's blessed sun rises, warming both her and the foals. Serenade yawns, and flops down behind her. She murmurs something about Ziggy being 'good rock'. Harmony suppresses a giggle before putting a tray withing reach of Ziggy. "Water for the rock" She winks.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would smile and try the fitted armor on, and he did indeed find that it fit much better and his wings were free "Fits like a glove" he says and then smiles "Thank you" he would say, "Now..to think of a way to get to Cloudsdale and how to surpirse my parents..." he'd think out loud "Well General, perhaps..." he'd grin then whisper to her "If you could come up with me, you knock on my parents' door, and when they see you, you say you have some news about me, then show me to them in my uniform" he chuckles

@Blitz Boom

Rosa talked a mouthful but Sen and Lin understood, agreeing at some points even. This is exactly the kind of information they needed to get started on, at the very least, introducing the longma to the greater world. There is still some hesitation on the side as even they are unsure about how this will be implemented, the logistics of incorporating the forest’s resources into meeting a larger demand than what they are normally accustomed to. 

“This is all good, Rosa, and we are grateful for you telling us this. There are some kinks that may make doing this a little tougher. I mentioned that this heartwood sap takes a while to prepare but that is an understatement. For this much sap, we’d need to harvest it from many heartwood trees and they don’t provide a lot, not to mention a period of heating and cooling that only a village’s healer can do.”

“Don’t take this the wrong way as we aren’t trying to excuse ourselves. Please understand that, among other things, the longma live by a code that makes us merely a part of nature instead of lording over it. While we are free to take, it obliges us to give back in return. Let’s say we needed two trees to build a small hut, that means we have to plant two trees and nurture them. It would be… difficult to leave that kind of thinking behind.”

It might be a start but getting these agreements in place would mean a lot of negotiating, not just with the diplomatic parties of the involved partners but even among the elders of the longma as a collective. Despite elder Ghilan voicing his willingness to try, he is just one voice among many and large changes like this would need to be agreed upon. Although, Lin did remember something about the elder’s current predicament that might just line up perfectly with this talk.

“We know someone who is interested with what you just told us and we think you can help him. Our village elder, Ghilan, shares our sentiment that the longma shouldn’t be afraid to make contact with other groups like the ponies or changelings. He wants to be able to present something to the other elders when their set to next convene as he is under lots of scrutiny; he just doesn’t know where to start.”

@Blitz Boom
"I'm not really the spa type." Ruby simply replied, she had just shrugged at Spicy's sphinx comment due not having anything to argue. "Other than that I'll let you decide, I don't really have preferences since I don't usually do things like this." she didn't care for drinking or gambling, and obviously didn't eat in pony restaurants, and would focus on possibilities to make profit, but she wanted to at least seem like she actually cared about such entertainment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada looked like she didn't know how to feel about Berry's story, more precisely, she wasn't sure if to be sad or disturbed about it, but she didn't say anything about it. After Berry's last comments, Nada was thoughtful "Though I understand why talking about it is important, isn't big part of being insane that you think you're sane? How would you talk about a problem you don't know you have?"   

@Blitz Boom

An amusing proposition to say the least coming from Caramel.  One that had of course occurred to the larger mare when she's seen him dig around in his bag at the office.  One that she's attempted before.  It was when Rising was still a rookie and she gave him a little shove.  It was just a little fun, what could possibly go wrong with such a powerful mare on standby to fish him out if needed?  Actually his sister enchanted that bag as a congratulations to joining the agency to begin with.  The results were less that desirable in the eyes of The Captain though.  As in, nothing really happened except a surprised young stallion that wasn't expecting the little shove.  "Oh, it's always tempting darling, but nothing happens.  There is a safety measure that prevents a creature from going anything further than two thirds of their body," she drolled, un-amused by the lack of enjoyment such a prank should cause.

Following the pegasus's gaze to the transfixed Wisp on the rear end of their dear detective caused her to smirk.  These were the stories Minty liked to share with the agents.  All the fighting and hero stuff can be left to detective's official report.  Plus more stories to share with his mother at the next play in her theater.  The thought of having a Princess of Friendship was also odd when Minty first attended her coronation, but she was no less deserving of the role.  "Our Princess Twilight Sparkle I'm sure will be most delighted in the opportunity of visiting Harrowmark.  I can practically hear her giddy squeal at the chance to learn something new already," she chuckled at the thought of reporting their findings to their adorkable Princess.

Rising watched as his book was dismissively taken from his hoofs and set aside.  Not the outcome he was expecting, but instead finding himself the center of an oven in hope to keep him warm.  He saw the bright sparked tapestries of wisps that floated around him and radiated unharmful heat in an attempt to dry the wet detective.  A soaked savor now being tended to once again by the ever dutiful Wisp.  "I'll be fine.  I'm sure I have a cold pill in my bag," he tried to reassure the mare assisting him, but likely wouldn't work.  Rising did have to admit, the heat was nice and soothing.  "Thank you," he told Wisp, some savior.  "I knocked over an Ever Water," he explained before Minty could inquiry how he went in for a book and instead ended up going for a swim.

Minty chuckled and turned her attention back to Caramel.  "Hopefully it won't prove too boring a read, but I'm sure it will create a foundation to help ease the process.  You three are welcome anytime, of course," she smiled, addressing Wisp, Caramel and Sickle.  "I'm sure you'll want to collect your mother my dear, she'll more likely believe the fall of her tormentor from you than any of us."  Igniting her magic, he grabbed the gift from Harrowmark to drink later and placed it into Rising's bag.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

Atzy took a bit of time to process what Enzo had told her. She had no words on what to say to him, and before she could even begin thinking about formulating a response, her eyes flashed white for a couple of seconds.

"K-Karmic? Wh-wha..." Atzy trailed off as a terrified expression overcame her face.

'I don't know why we're seeing this, Atzy,' Karmic breathed within Atzy's mind. Atzy stopped walking suddenly, forcing Enzo to bump into her if he hadn't been watching where they were going. Atzy saw in front of them a whole maze of tunnels that had multiple entrances at the path ahead. But that wasn't what she was focused on. She was focused on the spirits of the past, with that being Changelings walking in and out of the tunnels.

"Wh ... that ... why? So ... So many changelings ..."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora was silent once more. She digested the lengthy explanation, and took in a few deep breaths. She opted to just stare straight ahead without saying anything and ruffled her feathers some. At least she wasn't yelling at him or fighting him while she found out about how Changelings operated.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"That seemed a bit ... intense, did it not?" Twilight asked nervously, unsure of how to respond otherwise. She made sure Cherish's stick was within her saddlebags along with the vials of plant juice from that curious plant monster, and made after Last. "You seem happier than before. Why would that be?"