Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"I'm truly sorry I can't be of more help, Ambassador," Atzy sighed. She thought she knew what she was talking but most of it was something that sounded right in her head at the time. She's no authority on crystal creatures! She became one herself not to long ago to save Karmic from a fate worse than death! She was broken out of her reveries by the Ambassador mentioned another crystal creature, causing her to focus entirely on him. "I ... I don't know what to say to a half-formed crystal bull creature, sir. It's probably somepony that's heeded the call of Queen Dia'Thiz now that she's out and about and looking for information."

"Well, the tea is very lovely. I absolutely adore it," Karmic smiled at the Ambassador.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"That graveyard gave me the creeps," Twilight shivered, her feathers ruffling as she flared her wings. She flapped them a couple of times to settle her feathers and folded them against her back with short sigh. They made it to the shrine after ten minutes had passed and she had a worred expression on her muzzle. "At the very least, we're a bit away from there. Why is it so close to this shrine?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I don't know the ins and outs of what made the griffins fall," Aurora admitted, speaking up now there was a bit of quiet in the negotations side of things. Her front talons clicked on the ground as she grew worried. "What I do remember from learning about the history is an old griffin king went mad with power. Whatever granted him that power has since been lost to time and now, because of it, the griffins don't have a ruler to keep everything nice and orderly. Everything's gone to chaos and now no griffin wants to be leader because they think it's too much work."

@Blitz Boom, @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

Not having heard Long Stare approach, having been too busy being confused at everypony staring at her, Dazzle jumped and twirled, facing Long Stare when she spoke. It took a couple of seconds for the gears to tick in her brain but when they did, she coughed and had the decency to blush. "Sorry. I don't normally get sneaked up on. A dragon/pony couple? I would definitely love to meet them sometime."

@Windy Breeze

"It's cheaper to fly, but the train rides takes less time. I don't mind either really, so you decide."

Sorrow had a strong pair of wings on her, so the long flight to Fillydelphia wasn't that bad, long as she got a chance to rest up on the boat ride. If they took the train though, she'd be full of pep for the entire trip, rather than needing to sit down for a good deal of the second part of it. Either way, she'd do what Windy thought were best. Sorrow had enough spendable bits to do either, and no issues stretching her wings and soaring through the skies. Sure she were no speedy Wonderbolt, but she wasn't a flying snail either. More like a bit over average.

"Personally, I think it's a good weather to fly at least a little though. But as a Wonderbolt, you must've used your wings a lot today, right? Don't you get tired and need to rest them?"

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

With the open wound crispy and easy to strike at, Ruby would find no issue cutting very deep into this. Even breaking right through if she wanted to, which would give her access to some vital, internal parts that she could strike at. The wyrm had been almost assured to go down regardless, but going in there and tearing at it where it hurt the most - or even just continuing to widen the outside wound as an example - would fasten up the process, and soon enough, the mighty beast would shiver- And then fall to the side, its lifeless form giving off quite a rumble as the dead weight hit the floor full force.

The battle had been won, and Ruby had managed to get the final strike in, as she wished to. Yet it weren't a fight won without any sort of price to it, as were clear by her movements. The same could be said for Leviathan, who wandered out of the tunnel she had been thrown into, with a bit of a wince going over her face as she slowly tucked in her right wing. Sprained by the looks of things, which weren't too unusual for her, sadly. Came from having no robust frame in her mixed heritage, but rather the nimble forms of both water and wind variants, which made her more mobile, yet more fragile than say, your average earth based dragon.

"Urgh, is it dead yet?"

"It appears so, yes."

Marley would run his talons across the dirt, trying to get rid of the varied liquids he had on them.

She barely listened to him though, as she saw Ruby, wander around in pain, and rushed down as quickly as she could, to get to her larger ilk. She could try and hide it all she wanted to, but Leviathan weren't blind, and you'd more or less have to be, to not see that whenever Ruby took a step, something were hurting. And if this stubborn dragoness were showing it, it had to be bad.

"You're hurt."

Her voice were nervous and worried, as she wandered to the side of Ruby and looked up at her with concern plastered all over her face.

"Where? Is it your legs?"

It were gonna be a right pain to get Ruby out of here with as little pain to the dragoness as possible, seeing how big she were, but they'd just have to suck it up and get it done. Leviathan wasn't gonna let her own kin sit around here hurt and in pain. Not just because of how wrong it were to leave a wounded comrade behind, but also because the place weren't structurally safe anymore, and what if more of these things came around? She'd be easy prey.

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

As he were given permission to wander around, Agni would do so on a limited basis. Going upstairs were so far not his priority, so instead he'd fly around and land here and there, to see what were going on. On one particular shelf - the highest in the room - he'd find a small pillow that he pecked at a few times, and moved around to see if there were something beneath it. As there weren't, he'd then try to sit in it, but would quickly get up again, not liking the feel of it. Too soft for his taste.

If he had known that this were Fah'lina's favored resting spot, he'd likely have pushed the pillow down to the floor our of spite, but as he didn't, he'd go on to check a few other other things.

It seemed that most that attracted his attention were clocks, and other mechanical things that made sounds. As well as one of those toys that looked like a wooden bird, bopping it's head up and down into an empty glass of water perpetually. He'd follow that one's movements for about twenty seconds before he got bored and moved on, which brought him to something that really stuck out to him. A grandfather clock, situated right next to one of the now-open doors.

At first it were just the ticking sound that interested him, as well as the burly metal spears that he tried to move around with his beak, but to no avail. But as the timer than struck whole, the dinging sound brought him to look down, bend over from where he stood on the top, to look down on the disk. And that would be when the small, wooden bird would pop out and make it's mechanical cooing sounds. Something which startled Agni, and would cause him to fly away from it immediately.

He's land on Nada's shoulder, and hide behind her whilst looking over at the clock, which had suddenly stopped the startling action, and gone back to just ticking. After a bit of time, he'd tentatively fly closer, and once there, would peck at the little door the wooden bird had popped out of. He himself would flap backwards when it were, unsure of what would happen, but would find that nothing were the answer. It just kept on ticking.

So with no idea what this were, or what happened, he'd land on the shelf nearest to the siren, turn to Nada, and give off a confused couple of chirps, wondering if she might know what were going on with this strange thing.

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Perhaps if the worst happens, I can help getting the earth to reclaim you. Earth Mother be willing, there are something that can be done to help, were the unthinkable to pass."

A lot of good news about Scarecrow so far. Not a flesh eater - or eater of anything, which made it even more obvious to her that he were probably magic-powered to a likely high degree - not crazed, and were aware that if things went badly, the best would be to not end up a scourge upon the area he had otherwise deemed fit for him to protect. Lyriel would hope that were she ever to end up like that, someone else would show her the kindness it were to cut her down, and send her spirit back to the Earth Mother, were it belonged.

"It is a strange feeling you know, being near you. I feel nature in all it's glory wherever I go, and can cause it to grow as much as I deem needed. Yet where there is life in nature, so too are there death, and with you, it feels more potent than I can recall seeing before. Even places where rot have settled in, and are eating away at once were, does it feel as it does around you. It is a... Peculiar experience, to wander with one who is embraced by the finality of death."

Pondering something briefly, she'd halt to raise a hoof towards him, though not making contact just yet. In fact, seconds later, she would lower her hoof again, and continue to follow Scarecrow. In case he had kept walking that were.

"Forgive me. Curiosity overtook my judgement for a brief moment there Much as I'd like to feel your aura more closely with a touch, I am still weakened, and without knowing what might pass, perhaps it is better if I waited until I have regained my strength."

============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

22 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

A forest town? That sounds like an interesting place to visit,” Sen chimed in after hearing about the location’s description. “Might remind me of the sights back home minus the tall houses. And I guess the city’s size. I wonder what a city in a forest would look like?”

"Many houses. Some were cut into the trees."

"Rather standard for most forest towns I know of. Cutting through as little essential wood as possible, and use the dead wood inside as your residency, to preserve the tree as well as possible, so that it can continue to grow. If done right, the wood you cut out can also be used as planks to make more ground based residency, benches, tables, and so on and so forth. It's hard to say for certain, and I've never been to this particular place, so I can mostly just guess."

"I saw benches."

Rosa nodded, not wanting to stress Omen's brain with more in depth questions about how this town might look. They might as well leave it as a surprise, and not risk another melt down from her side, though he supposed the risk of that happening from a few questions were rather small. Still, he did have a small want to leave some of what awaited them to surprise. It could be very interesting to not know everything in advance.

22 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I guess that means it's time to make some arrangements sooner. I’ll send us back to the cave and get this meeting ready, unless anyone needs to run a quick errand.”

"I have done what I needed to here, for the time being. We can proceed."

Rosa would wander through the gate, followed shortly by Omen, who didn't halt to think of whatever or not she had errands to run.

"I have done what Master Discord told me."

"Might I ask what that were, exactly?"

"He wanted me to deliver some letters."

"He couldn't do that on his own?"

"He did not say. He just asked me to do this."

Rosa shook his head. Had to be some reason to this, but he honestly didn't care to look into it right now. Let them have whatever they had together, and let it be so.

=================================================================================

@Sekel

22 hours ago, Sekel said:

"I ... I don't know what to say to a half-formed crystal bull creature, sir. It's probably somepony that's heeded the call of Queen Dia'Thiz now that she's out and about and looking for information."

"For the sake of cooperation between our kinds, I hope that Queen Dia'Thiz and this entity are not working together. Both it and the mare it seemed to either possess or work together with, caused a slew of crimes, of which I am sadly not able to tell much of yet, due to the case being ongoing. I can only inform you that it have severely impacted the life of at least a dozen ponies, and presented a willingness to partake in both cruelty, and a lust for domination over our nation.

I would hope that even if Queen Di'Thiz and it are connected in some way, that she will not take its side, and that they may actively help us to fight this other entity, if need be."

The ambassador would let out a sigh, and take a sip of his own tea. There were coming more questions than answer into things now, yet that were the life he had chosen, when he agreed to be gifted to Equestria. To deal with these things, when the princesses could not for whatever reason, or at least ready a potential peace agreement before presenting it to them. Oftentimes, he had found that this later option came forth, as they had much to do at times, and Princess Twilight had caused quite the amount of new connections to be made.

"They talked about being one of many creatures of old, calling themselves crystal beasts. A crystal bull sounds as if it would fit."

"Yes, but as it seems to be gone, and the carrier have been extracted from her cell, there is little we can do now, beyond studying what information we can find, whilst waiting for signs and react to them. But I do not wish to burden you with these worries. They are not yours to bear, nor are the sins of this crystal bull."

22 hours ago, Sekel said:

"Well, the tea is very lovely. I absolutely adore it," Karmic smiled at the Ambassador.

"It pleases me that you like the tea, Miss Karmic. I'd wish for all whom I meet to feel as comfortable and satisfied as possible.

And speaking of satisfaction, may I now ask you, Mister Enzo, what you wish from cooperating with our military?"

Enzo gulped down the last of a piece of fish he were chewing on before answering, and made no motion to take more from the bowl. He had longed for this taste for a while, but gorging were undignified, so he had to try and keep himself a little in check here whilst he presented his demands.

"My wants are threefold.

1. I wish for shelter.

2. A large, soft pillow to rest myself upon.

3. The access to fish, if I am unable to go and catch some myself for whatever reason."

Golden raised an eyebrow, surprised at what he were hearing.

"You would submit to our military, and work together with Equestria as a citizen, in exchange for only this? I mean no disrespect, yet -"

"- You wonder why I don't demand more, and haggle for a middle ground? Perhaps I would have, once upon a time. Yet I have spent too long in conditions I can at the kindest describe as miserable. So what I wish for now, is but fairness, and commendations befitting of a respected being. Not an enforced guardian or pet."

"I see. Well, I could see things being ready within a week, if you would allow some measures to be taken, yet for no other complications to occur. Might I ask though, if the situation arose, would you be willing to bring an offering of peace towards your own kind?"

Enzo snorted a small laugh out at the mere thought.

"If I wander to our sacred town, saying that I want the ponies to be relinquished from their control, the council will make me long for the centuries I were trapped. But if ever one come here with war or an offer to speak, I would take your side, if that is a consolation."

"I suppose that is only fair. Very well Mister Enzo, I believe we have a deal. I will make sure it gets finalized and written down, before going through the required legal documentations needed. You should expect to be met with at least one of our esteemed rulers at some point, for them to finalize things more publicly."

Seemed like at least one of them were sorted then, with Atzy and her queen on track to a peace treaty, provided that the unnamed crystal bull wouldn't become a wedge in the system. A productive meeting so far, all in all.

==================================================================================

@Sekel

"It's always been too dangerous to go far away from the shrine. Would leave us open for ambushes, and waste time we'd need to protect our quarry. Same reason we burn them on the sacred fires. Coffins waste too many resources."

Protecting the shrine had never been a cozy duty that were filled with boredom and nothing to do. It were a grueling, harsh environment, wherein a lot of beings had died over the centuries to protect what they had sworn to keep safe. In such a life, wasting time on going far away and setting up a proper burial ground, were not a sane option, so they burned their dead on magical flames, and scattered their ashes over these grounds, which were the furthest they could realistically get from the shrine, without it causing issues. it left them with less place to grow food, but such were life for the Shrine Maidens. Hard work and periods of harsh rationing, sprinkled in with constant fights and an average lifespan of roughly thirty.

"It sounds like a depressing life, if that's okay to say?"

Cherish floated nearby, more than happy to be away from the area where the graves were, and instead looking at ground that appeared to have some grass and small flowers on it instead. Seemed like they had made it out of the dead zone, so to speak.

"We did what had to be done, for her majesty. Such is the way of the Shrine Maidens."

She'd lead the way towards a large gate, and start pushing on it to gain access. Usually there'd be guards on the ready here, yet the place were abandoned, and as such, this would only take force, and lead them right into an open field, reminiscent of the training field the guards in Canterlot used. Yet here, with no equipment remaining, and only some scorch marks here and there to mark where that which they could not bring with them, had been burned. They wouldn't let the invaders have anything, but the empty shrine itself, to stand there as a monument to the Shrine Maiden's victory over all their enemies. Until it would one day be destroyed that were.

====================================================================================

@Sekel

Dia'thiz would gaze upon Aurora for a time after that, silently pondering, before a small smile showed on their faces.

"And yet here stands one with the blood of a leader, who grew up among them. One who would understand their culture and struggles, whilst still having the gaze of an outsider looking in. A perspective that could make you see more than them.

Perhaps your destiny never were to leave a hive, but a people in more need than your own."

"Wait wait wait. Are you suggesting that Aurora here becomes the griffon queen?"

"Yes. Though if not their leader, then an advisor to one whom seems to have what it takes to lead a nation.

You told us yourself. You feel better in this form. Could you remain as such? Hidden away, living completely like one of them, feasting upon the love and adoration given to the throne? Only you can tell if that is the case, yet we would advise you to think of it. A people divided can never become great, young queen. They need a leader to unite them, or like with so many others before them-"

They summoned a small griffon replica of crystal in front of them, then watched as it fractured and fell apart, becoming particles that blew away in the wind.

"-they risk being but a footnote in history, and vanish."

==================================================================================

@Sekel

"Sorry for that. I'm a quiet mare."

There had been a time when she had been embarrassed every time that she startled somepony, but time and help from her friends and coworkers (mostly the same beings) had helped her get a little more confident, and able to accept that this were just the kinds of outcomes that came from her being so quiet. They had tried putting bells on her before to prevent this, but had dropped the idea, once it had turned out that even though they could hear her, the jingling attracted every cat within a ten meter radius. Had been a challenging day at work when they learned that lesson the hard way.

"Anyway, thank you for agreeing to this. Benny and Pop will be thrilled seeing you, I'm sure of it.

So... Are your parents visting Ponyville too, if it's okay that I ask? Since you're not a local, I guess you might be a tourist? Perhaps somepony looking to move in? I could try and help you all look for a place with enough room if it were."

Ponyville were a generally welcoming town, and this sounded like a special case, where they might need some help from somepony who weren't judgy. Stare considered herself to be openminded, so... Maybe she could help, if it were?

@Blitz Boom

Windy spread one of wings and examine if there's something wrong with it. The feathers all fine, no broken bones, or any other signs of injuries, but the appendage needs some rest. “Well, i do use my wings too much due practicing for the next airsbow, but don't worry, I got used to this since i was just young” she said “Maybe we should just fly. I don't want wasting too much bits” 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Huh, that sounds similar to what the longma sometimes do. Houses built on the ground are usually made from large, hollowed tree stumps. Kind of like the makeshift home I made in the Everfree Forest. Takes some time, a rock, and some effort to set up but it was enough.”

Omen might not remember their first meeting but Sen had a small home so out of the way some might not even know a hollowed tree stump was actually a home. For some time, Sen only busied himself with constructing that home and considered living an aimless future alone along the outskirts of Ponyville. At the time, it was a fairly solid plan. Superstitious beliefs about how the Everfree Forest tended to itself and how nopony who entered it ever left ensured no one will disturb the longma. How times have changed since then…

The siblings followed behind Omen and found themselves back at the cave. Still untouched after a while, it’s somehow a surprise how well Lin picked this location to rest and hide in while still wandering the world.

"I'll be heading off to meet with Elder Ghilan. Be back soon."

Without further delay, Lin opened a second gate and hopped in, closing it immediately. As for Sen, he’d take this moment to get Omen up to speed.

“So, Omen, I guess now would be a good time to let you know what we’ve got planned for the rest of the day. Lin’s trying to arrange a meeting with Elder Ghilan. If time permits, we’ll be seeing him soon. At any moment, we might get whisked away to get some golem bodies for our friends in the orb. They’re ready to be set free and go on their own paths; this might be the last time we get to see them. And then we’ll be heading to the carnival and maybe even have a picnic under the moonlight.”

Technically, those were just three or four things on their list but given how much time they have left before the day ends, their activities were cramped with not much time in-between. They were on a fairly tight schedule but to the siblings, this was their opportunity to give Rosa his time to enjoy the simple things and having some fun while they were at it.

“Oh, this is gonna be fun! Have you been to a carnival?” Sen giddily asked the Ki’Nathar, slowly growing excited at the visiting this fun-filled place and see why ponies go to them. That, and the seeing the Moonlit Thicket’s tree-town structure. That would be quite the sight!

@Pastel Heart & @Blitz Boom

Slimpsy comes to a stop in front of the two, looking forlorny down at them with the expression of a long face that horses are so good at doing. "Buh- Be that as it may. That was just the very, absolute least I could have done. Every horse has, like, random magical powers like bouncing like taffy or whatever. It's not biologically feasible. 

My point here is. Would YOU touch me like this?!!? Just dripping with toxic goo, this... this Status Ailment? I'm here steadily losing health!" The long-in-the-snout stallion shrugs his wing elbows at them, both showing that he was clearly exaggerating and that his wings were too large for him to draw back in. "...and... i'm going to need help with these things. They're too big for me to pull in around me. And right now, I really don't want to, with them like this. You know what mushrooms do, right?! They have roots! Into what their growing and eating on!!

H-how does this even happen? From that bird? How does that even happen? Some curse from that... grassy... ghost type?! How am I supposed to get Sanitized again?!" 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

@Sekel

Still sputtering and having not looked at her yet, the drake gasps. "Because I can't do your crazy pony ways! I don't fit in your perfect pony world! I didn't ask to be stolen into your smaller, awkward world!"

With a shy cough, he bends his head down in shame in a much quieter voice in an indirect attempt to apoligize. "...sorry. That was... that wasn't this situation. Being hatched in Canterlot was a long time ago."

@Blitz Boom
When leviathan came to Ruby and showed her concern, Ruby looked genuinely surprised, but it was also clear she looked very much down on such behavior. "Don't know yet." was all she would say before she had gotten her trophy regardless of what anyone tried to do or say, and after she had taken the tooth and put it in the box, she would finally check her injuries, seemingly hurting herself while doing so, she really didn't seem to be gentle with anything, even herself. 

After quietly checking herself for a moment, she finally muttered "How inconvenient..." she then raised her voice a bit "Marley, it seems that I can't transform until I'm healed a bit, so you'll need to tell your boss that I have some personal business to attend to for day or two." she then looked at Leviathan "Though I don't get why you care, it seems something around my hip is broken, nothing lethal, just annoying." the only reason she told it was because she had a feeling that Leviathan wouldn't stop bothering her about it otherwise. 

---------------------------------------------------
Nada just chuckled and smiled as Agni explored, it was good entertainment to see creature trying to figure out things that for her were no-brainer to her. She did her best to not to laugh when Agni got scared by the clock, she felt a bit bad for the phoenix, but she would have lied if she would have said it wasn't a bit funny too. She also felt glad that Agni trusted her enough to hide behind her, small things like that made her feel special. 

"This..." Nada started pointing at the clock after Agni had 'asked' her to tell about it "...is a clock, ponies use them to keep time, and that wooden bird that came out, was just that, a bird made out of wood." "You see, for some odd reason, ponies have made it so that some of the clocks make sound periodically, it's usually every time this...." she pointed at the minute hand "...goes around once, but in some clocks it also makes a single sound when it's in the halfway." she explained it like that because she figured Agni didn't know about hours and minutes "Then there's clocks like this one, where it's not only sound, and something like that wooden bird comes out too." "I don't know why they make clocks like this, as I personally find them quite annoying, but that's ponies for you." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrow just nodded at Lyriel's promise, he accepted the offer, but he didn't really have anything to say about it.
He stopped when Lyriel raised her hoof, and patiently waited her to finish talking, but would start moving again when he started talking "There's no need to apologize, but you do bring up a good point." "Though I don't seem to have any unusual effects on living things..." he would proof it by handling nearby plants "...considering what you are, and not knowing what exactly I am, it may be better to play safe." "And regarding the aura, I was curious if you could feel something, and was just about to ask about it, as I can feel yours. It is interesting to hear your description of it, because I haven't before had the change to know about it." "What I find interesting about your aura though, is that, I can tell it has a calming effect, but I don't feel anything that would indicate it has effect on me." 

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

Pastel, of course, would fail in her science check. She didn't necessarily know why Cloud had that stuff all over him, but it didn't seem dangerous and her friend didn't seem to mind it, so she just shrugged it off. No sense making a stink about it!

She would giggle as Cloud started picking the mushrooms off of Slimpsy and started eating them, finding some amusement in seeing him just eat weird stuff off of him.

"Nyahaha!~ looks like Cloud will clean you right up, big guy! Don't worry, you aren't poisoned! ...probably. Maybe we should take you back to town though, just in case! I don't think there's any potions out here... What do you thing, Jellybean?"

She smiled and turned to Jelly in expectation, giving her a random new pet name in the process.

@Blitz Boom

Having left Chippy's side a well few moments ago and standing a few paces away from Berry stood back to where Straw Hat came, Flit replied. "Aww, Humminbird! That's cute, think I'll keep it Lovvy! As for your question, Sweet Cheeks..." He regarded Straw Hat: "I wanted food! It's purely just as simple as that! You want to eat, you go get food, yes? Not like there's a law against that, aye? As to the current situation here," Flit carried on, not sparing breath for dwelling on what could have easily been a misdemeanor "I was having a leisurely chat wit' our lovely hostess here about how everybeing deserves a little love in their life! That bein' said...~"

Flit sidles to Straw Hat's side, bringing his smirk a good four or five inches from their face. "What brings a' pony like you tae a joint like this? Care ta join us?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Cathorse "Catcat" Catberus The Catty ...cat-cat.

It sure is taking a long while to whatever vague destination you said we were going! Widdershins idly mused as he lazily fluttered alongside Cerberus's walking form, cats in tow. I would say we oughta stop for directions but i'm, like, the Opposite of that!

If only there was some sort of Fast Travel, like a... Oh! I know what we can do! And besides, I'm Bored Now!

With those three little words, the likes of which strike sweaty fear into most those who have known a draconequus for any notable length of time, Cerberus's vision goes blurry. The long form of Widdershins's fuzzy head bends over the catpony's far side stretching like cocoa mixed into warm milk and noms his ear. Affixed like this, the draconequus stretches out to unnatural lengths as he winds around into a shape like a ball of yarn around Cerberus then the both, messed into one ball shrink rapidly until they twinkle out of the present place. 

Cerberus, sans cats and much of anything else, would reappear in a dry, barren area of Equestria. On top of an outcropping of rock some few yards above the dusty, rocky landscape.

(Somewheres about here!)

1312407340_Map_of_Equestria_RPreference.thumb.jpg.9d8815614672989adbf169b8e4594a47.jpg

Cerberus would find himself alone. Lacking anything he had been carrying before and without any of his prior travelling companions, including the draconequus who supposedly must have transported him to wherever he found him now. If only Cerberus had a map!~

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Sekel & B.B.!

"I wasn't talkin bout tha Mountain Mare, Lady." Shortstack said as he walked away towards the concessions stand. "I was talkin 'bout Missy Sparkles Cannonmouth over there. But I guess tha business o' others ain't none of MY problem.

Sunny's a fine lass. She listens at least. Ya'd figure a half ton horse could take care o' herself."

"Poopyhead!" Rings out from the otherside of the room, that the sister had caught that part of the conversation at least. After a quick admonishing of his sister and a reminder that name-calling got them nowhere, Blither got up to approach Shortstack in turn. 

"Madam Scarcity, I take it? I overheard you address your sister earlier. Hard to tell familial similarity in ponies, but the theory says that it's in the eyes, heh! I wish to thank you for your aiding my unruly siblings, that's quite brave and altruistic of you! And well learned by your knowlege of cuisine, it seems! Don't worry about us, Shortstack will take care of- Uh, we'll take turns, yes. 

Nice to meet you, Madam!"

And, separate and alongside the conversations, to answer  Stargazer's questions in as curt and direct a manner as he would appreciate, came Monolith's resonant voice, albeit still not facilly directing himself at anypony yet.   "Two. Yes."

@Blitz Boom

Lily would get a degree of her wishes while his sister continued to berate him with a wild shake.  Rising managed to make out the majority of what the witch of Harrowmark was saying while the blood in his head sloshed back and forth.  Luckily being able to replay the words over and over in his memory helped get it through.  It was a curious thing, for a pony to put up such resistances to a claim of glory.  He'd seen it throughout his time, Element Bearers, Princesses, Pillars, Wonderbolts... Heroes, all of them, well deserving of all the praise garnered their way.  Even those criminals seeking their own within underground networks.  Rising already had his taste of the lime light when he was younger, asked on occasion to dispel a hex, curse or jinx for the city hospital.  Interviews, his place in the paper a hoof full of times.  Not all to his liking.  He was never all that embarrassed by any of it, probably passed on by his mother's lack of stage fright.  Then taking the passing ons of his father... Asking who the recognition was really for, for the mob or for the individual?  Most of the time, it was a little of both.  The ponies of Harrowmark really seemed to enjoy the former.

Dawn seemed to have had her fill of thrashing her brother about as she just suddenly stopped shaking him.  Either satisfied or tired.  Rising fell backwards onto the ground and just laid there, letting the world spin around him until the blood could settle back into place.  Oh how dizzy the unicorn felt.  Dawn panted softly from the effort of shaking her twin so long, but still making sure to flick her mane back into place.  "wHaT's WrOnG wItH jUsT a ThAnK yOu?" the dizzy detective inquired.  "Psh posh, we'll get him where he needs to be, for Harrowmark, for Equestria and for himself," the elder sibling snorted.  Her horn ignited in the glow of pale rainbow and a spell formed around Rising.  At the same time the detective's horn ignited and a single black wisp swished through the air.  "nOpE," there was a soft pop and the faint rainbow glow around him disappeared.  Dawn vanished in a flash a light all too familiar with a teleportation spell.  Only a few paces away did she reappeared, if but upside down, hey he was dizzy, redirecting the spell was hard.  "Never works..." the hostess grumbled.

Rolling back into a better position, she sighed, "You would really put her in a cage?"  "Her sentence for peeping ended," he managed to get out more clearly as he recovered.  "Oh how delightful, she can stay here then," the mare proudly beamed.  "She can stay with-  Now now, the Featherhops are wonderful hosts for law enforcement, but I won't take no for an answer," Dawn put her hoof down.  And Rising already lost that fight.

@EQ_Theta

On 4/27/2020 at 2:03 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Huh, that sounds similar to what the longma sometimes do. Houses built on the ground are usually made from large, hollowed tree stumps. Kind of like the makeshift home I made in the Everfree Forest. Takes some time, a rock, and some effort to set up but it was enough.”

"These are different. Made in large trees, with windows and doors."

Omen had some recollection of the shelter that Sen spoke of, but didn't connect it to her that it were the same as the houses she had seen among the thestrals. The base idea might be there, but at least to her, what Sen had made connected more to the idea of a tent to her, instead of a house. The home that Sen and Lin had shown her in their village, wherein Omen had been gifted a room, were closer to what she had seen, yet still somewhat more basic. She honestly hadn't thought on it before now, but it were jostling around her head now, and presented her with an interesting thought for later, after seeing the thestral city once again.

"Quite different from my previous home. They focus more on modern buildings and solid walls there, rather than tradition, or anything that respects nature. Sometimes I envy the more simple, traditional homes in the places I have been sent to spy. They feel more cozy, even from the outside."

"I'll be heading off to meet with Elder Ghilan. Be back soon."

Just before Lin went away, she'd feel a small bit of weight get on her, as Shrimp jumped over on her from Omen when she had been closely by before, and went back to his usual position on her head. He had been happy to see Omen again, but during the talks from these large caretakers of his, he had understood that Lin were going somewhere, and that his name were mentioned with it. To him, it meant that he should follow her. Perhaps she wanted to show him something?  Or he had to work as a beacon again? A process he barely understood, more than it being something where Omen could always find him if she went looking for him.

“So, Omen, I guess now would be a good time to let you know what we’ve got planned for the rest of the day. Lin’s trying to arrange a meeting with Elder Ghilan. If time permits, we’ll be seeing him soon. At any moment, we might get whisked away to get some golem bodies for our friends in the orb. They’re ready to be set free and go on their own paths; this might be the last time we get to see them. And then we’ll be heading to the carnival and maybe even have a picnic under the moonlight.”

Now it were Sen's turn to be looked at like he were a lava lamp, or some sort of highly sophisticated alien, as Omen point by point, went through what he had said were going to happen, and categorizing it as best she now could in her head. It'd take a little while though, so his second question would be uttered before she answered the first part.

"Lin is going to see the young elder. Maybe we will see him later. Somepony will take you away, to make clay things that move, for the glowing ball. And that is a good thing, yes?"

About summed up things for her, but she just wanted to make sure she got it right. The mention of golems were a monkey wrench in the system so to speak, since she knew what the word meant, and had seen some before, but why the ball would want to be in one were confusing to her. It sounded like she might learn why soon though.

"I have been to a carnival before, yes. Heard  the ponies call it that."

She tilted her head from side to side slowly, letting the thoughts rummage around a couple of times before continuing.

"I went close to see a large balloon creature. Then many things happened, and the balloon creature fell down to the ground, all flat. They told me to leave then."

An accident for sure, but there were rules, and safety concerns in cases like that, so she had been asked to leave the premise. They should've perhaps specified that she'd be welcome against from the year after, long as she kept away from the balloons, rather than stay away forever, but they just assumed that Omen would know this. They were wrong.

===============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

"Okey-dokey. Then let's get up-"

Sorrow spread her wings fully.

"- up -"

She'd flap, and get a few inches off the ground.

"- and awaaaaay."

Pushing down with more force, she'd take flight, and get a good, three meters into the air from the first flap alone. A pro of having large wings, even if they got in the way now and again, and could be really annoying to clean. Plus for some reason, ducks had a habit of flying into them. She still weren't sure why that were the case though. Might just be bad luck, but since they aimed for the wing, she'd mention the wing in her line of thoughts.

"I haven't been to Fillydelphia since my grandma took me there to show how to clean out a haunted graveyard. Hehe, fun times.

You should meet her someday. Lotta ponies in my family's strong with spirits, but grandma's real scary strong. Can make the dead do all sorts of things, like walk around, or help around the village. I think you'd find it cool. Or creepy, maybe? I dunno. I'm so used to it that I don't really see it.

Anyway, let's go!"

And so, the flight to Fillydelphia would start. A trip full of obstacles and perils, taking days upon days to reach. That is, if you were a sap on your hooves. They however, could fly, hence they could just skip most of those things and take the direct route. Rather convenient really.

=================================================================================

@Pastel Heart @Widdershins

22 hours ago, Widdershins said:

My point here is. Would YOU touch me like this?!!? Just dripping with toxic goo, this... this Status Ailment? I'm here steadily losing health!"

His point would be negated, as Jelly would just casually wander over and touch him. She'd prefer to poke him on the snout since... Well, it was fun, and she found that booping on the snoot were either confusing, or funny to a good deal. Sorta worked to calm others down sometimes one way or another.

If she couldn't though, she'd instead go over and poke the mushroom infected area of his gigantic wings, right next to the carefree, young owl, that seemed to be more focused on slowly chomping through these, rather than the arguments and wonder going around. Including the stuff about himself, which he probably couldn't answer anyway. Unless one of them spoke owl, and Jelly for one, couldn't claim to have that ability. Her specialty were a weird thing with certain clouds and jellyfying them, but that was neither here, nor there in this conversation.

22 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"...and... i'm going to need help with these things. They're too big for me to pull in around me. And right now, I really don't want to, with them like this. You know what mushrooms do, right?! They have roots! Into what their growing and eating on!!

H-how does this even happen? From that bird? How does that even happen? Some curse from that... grassy... ghost type?! How am I supposed to get Sanitized again?!"

"Please take it easy sir, we'll help you get the mushrooms out. They don't look like they're all that stuck..."

She'd wander over and pull one, which rightly so, fell off effortlessly. Didn't even take a down or anything with it. So much as it disturbed Cloud's meal some, she'd reach up, grab hold, and shake a little, and within seconds, the whole bunch had just fallen off. Perhaps if he had been targeted by the spores instead of just passively catching some in his oversized wingspan, they would have stuck more, but as it were, it were hardly an issue. Would've been way worse if he had been a clay golem or something.

"*giggle* Easy peasy, and we can grab these to use for snacks for Cloud."

The sack hadn't been used for flowers anyway, so... She'd put some in that, and then when eventually they returned here, she could just empty it somewhere that were safer. Sounded like they'd had to help this one back to town before anything anyway, right?

19 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

"Nyahaha!~ looks like Cloud will clean you right up, big guy! Don't worry, you aren't poisoned! ...probably. Maybe we should take you back to town though, just in case! I don't think there's any potions out here... What do you thing, Jellybean?"

"I think we should help him get to town, where it's safe. There's lots of adults there too who can look and knows lots more about poison stuff than us. I dunno why Cloud would eat poison mushrooms though. Probably safe if he can eat them, right?"

Jellybean? Huh... She kinda liked it, actually. Kinder than the usual nicknames given to her by meanies, and it were kinda cute honestly. Hehe, definitely brought a smile to her face hearing this one being thrown her way by Pastel.

"Oh, oh! Perhaps if we help him lift his wings, it's be easier to get to town? I take right, you take left... Uhm, Pastel. I gotta think of a nickname some other time."

The wings were large, and they were small, but every little helped as they said, yes? Perhaps it'd be just what was needed to get this sorted, and they could get him to town where somepony could help him calm down lots more.

"How do you usually go around with these though, mister? You must've had them big for a loooong time, right? Or were you cursed? Daddy tells me there's ponies in Manehattan who's good at dealing with scary cursed stuff."

================================================================================

@Widdershins

7 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"What brings a' pony like you tae a joint like this? Care ta join us?"

Straw looked right into his face, with a complete lack of any sign of intimidation, or indication that he were startled by this pony. It were pure indifference, as he waited for this crazed individual to calm down, or at least start talking for a bit.

"I am the owner of Sloppy Joe's, and I came here to see how my employees were doing. Now it seems like one is in hiding, and another are agitated. You don't make much of a good first impression."

He saw that Berry lifted the broom she were holding, ready to take a swing, until he cleared his throat and she stopped up.

"Berry, we talked about this before. Calm down, and bring us a couple of coffees please. Decaff for me please, and a Caramel Twist for this one. I get the impression he'd prefer extra sugar as well."

She reluctantly put down the coffee, and went off to fulfill the order she had been given by her boss. Two coffees, with one being a regular decaff, and one containing loads of caramel, and a relaxant. Technically not something they should have, but they had a little ready to blend seamlessly into the coffee at times, if somepony were riled up and needed to get calmed down. As per usual, the codewords for that order, were him referring to more sugar. Usually they only were asked for extra sweet in the drink, through the actual sweeteners, barely ever sugar, so with a bit of context behind it, it functioned as a rather harmless and innocuous way of saying what he actually wanted to.

"I seem to smell something wafting off from the kitchen I could go find, and then we can all sit down, and talk this out. There's no need for any of us to cause a scene. Have a seat please."

Long as nothing happened, he'd go on and fetch some leftover curry that had not been brought along with the rest of what seemed like a large order, along with some cookies they had in a jar in one of the cabinets close to the entrance to the kitchen. If this one did cause a ruckus however, he'd have to deal with it another way. *sigh* What a day this were.

===================================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

8 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"I wasn't talkin bout tha Mountain Mare, Lady." Shortstack said as he walked away towards the concessions stand. "I was talkin 'bout Missy Sparkles Cannonmouth over there. But I guess tha business o' others ain't none of MY problem.

Sunny's a fine lass. She listens at least. Ya'd figure a half ton horse could take care o' herself."

"Poopyhead!"

Ah, the classic dance of power between siblings. Unusual ones for sure, yet sibling insults and ways of talking among one another, were well known to Scarcity. Not from her and and Stare though. Celestia no. Her dear sister hadn't it in her to be confrontational to that degree with her, yet she had many a client and contact with siblings that she had seen act in similar fashions, and she were an observant pony. Not flawless, as were evident with the case of Shortstack correcting things now, but observant enough to adapt and learn from most things, including her own mistakes. In this case, that for her would be an apologetic look towards Shortstack as he spoke, yet no words, as interrupting him seemed like a surefire way to set fire to the powder barrel.

A welcoming distraction would soon follow, to make this easier, as Blither approached her and began to talk to her. How delightfully convenient.

"Madam Scarcity, I take it? I overheard you address your sister earlier. Hard to tell familial similarity in ponies, but the theory says that it's in the eyes, heh! I wish to thank you for your aiding my unruly siblings, that's quite brave and altruistic of you! And well learned by your knowlege of cuisine, it seems! Don't worry about us, Shortstack will take care of- Uh, we'll take turns, yes. 

Nice to meet you, Madam!"

"Please dear, Scarcity will suffice. And it is a pleasure to meet you as well."

She'd give him a pleased smile and an elegant nod of the head, showing her respect to yet another member of this fickle family. So useful they seemed, and yet so delicate to deal with. Made it questionable how much they were worth her time in the long run, but at least for the time being, she'd be kind, and see where things lead. This one seemed to be a leader among them, so perhaps the key were to get in his good grace as well, to make things simpler. They'd see, they'd see.

"Mr. Stack and Sunny are very spirited, emotional ponies, yet there is hardly anything wrong with that, hmm? The only wrong I can see, is how tragically, it appears that not everypony knows how to take that into consideration when speaking with them. A sad lack of respect for you and your fascinating family, which I do hope I will not end up repeating.

As for the cuisine, I do thank you, but it is hardly anything. I've merely eaten at enough varied places to gain a certain sense of what is served me, and the smells of the current dishes are rather rich. It makes identifying them substantially easier.

So, Mr. Blither were it, yes? Forgive me if I overstep my boundaries, but might I ask if I am right in my assertion that you function as the de facto glue of the family, so to speak? You seem mostly well versed in how to communicate between all of them, as well as yourself, and I must admit that I am curious if I have understood the situation right. If not, I'd be happy to be corrected, and know what truly is the case. Fascinating ponies such as yourself, are always such a joy to get to know better."

"Two. Yes."

Meanwhile Stargazer didn't get much attention, nor much of an answer, but the big guy - seriously, how did he even get in here? - at least spared two words on his inquiry. Better than nothing he supposed.

"Thanks. I'll go look for them then, so that we can get this done with before long. Please try not to destroy the building or something."

He'd have asked the mayor to look out for them, but she had left shortly before he arrived, rather silently too, so he had to just cross his hooves and pray that he'd come back with the other two in a timely fashion, and with no massive property damage.

Though first, he needed coffee. A big one too. This day were demanding it off him, if he had to stay awake. Perhaps he could quickly pick one up at Sloppy Joe's, if Berry were watching the til, and he could drink whilst looking around. *sigh* He'd see soon enough.

===========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

It were interesting for Lily to see the detective's meddle in person finally. A singular black wisp, seemingly snipping away at magic to interrupt a teleportation spell, causing it to either go irrational, weaken, or get redirected. She weren't entirely sure which one exactly, but that wasn't as important to her either, as seeing this little wisp's speed at messing with something that from what Dawn said, never seemed to work. And she appeared to be a highly skilled, competent unicorn. It said a lot of the efficiency and speed of the detective and his peculiar ability.

The wisp reminded her somewhat of what Will-O used too. A far stronger function in these, but still, the visuals were relatively similar, as were the sudden appearance out of nowhere. She wondered if once upon a time, this too had been his sort of power, and it had somehow transformed into this? Unlikely, but it were impossible for her to say for sure. She'd put her bet on it being a hard no though, and a silly talk. Especially since again, Dawn had said that this never worked on him. Couldn't be anything recent then, and he seemed very young. Much too young for most to have a sudden shift in their magic like this. It were probably just a somewhat similar visual that made the mind wander, and nothing more.

32 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Rolling back into a better position, she sighed, "You would really put her in a cage?"  "Her sentence for peeping ended," he managed to get out more clearly as he recovered.  "Oh how delightful, she can stay here then," the mare proudly beamed.  "She can stay with-  Now now, the Featherhops are wonderful hosts for law enforcement, but I won't take no for an answer," Dawn put her hoof down.  And Rising already lost that fight.

"I were Scrying. Must you keep demean my craft by calling it otherwise?"

He probably did it just to tease her, and it worked well if that were his intention, since it consistently irked her.

What didn't though, were the apparent option to instead of a cell, end up trapped in some part of this estate. It would probably be nothing impressive, but she'd take a broom closet over a dusty, potentially imploding cell any day, though she were well aware that her stay here would likely be judged on her actions whilst being here. One wrong move, or attempt at doing something foolish, and she might well end up in that cell she dreaded after all. A regular one though, and not the imploding one. That seemed to be nothing more than a toy that she had the *pleasure* to test out. How valued she felt...

Hmm... Perhaps value were actually the word to keep in mind, as she spoke her case here, now that she thought about it?

"Regardless, If I'm welcome here, I would humbly accept the offer, and gladly follow any house rule set before me. Considering you'd likely want to know when the ones I scry on have arrived near the capitol, detective, or encounter some sort of major issue you might wish to know about how they dealt with, it seems the most beneficial for you to have me within easy reach of someone whom can then inform you quickly in turn, if something important like that happens, yes? Dawn is a talented mare, I have a hard time believing that she could not easily do that, as well as likely provide a superior level of detainment, without the potential downside of a catastrophic implosion."

There would also be a chance for her to share some information with the glamorous mare, which she appeared to be interested in, yet were prevented some from by her brother, yet that were not something she'd bring up. She were sure that Dawn had thought of that too, and that were partially why she had said so forcefully that she would handle Lily until further notice. Provided that Rising were done with her, that were. They'd see soon enough, though from a scrying perspective, the next several hours would likely not be all that intriguing. Boring even, in all honesty. Didn't mean that she were going to look away personally, yet it wouldn't provide him with much for the time being.

========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

17 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Marley, it seems that I can't transform until I'm healed a bit, so you'll need to tell your boss that I have some personal business to attend to for day or two." she then looked at Leviathan "Though I don't get why you care, it seems something around my hip is broken, nothing lethal, just annoying."

"If that is your wish, I will bring word to her as soon as possible."

A gust of wind blew behind him, and down towards the two dragonessess. Not a strong one, but enough to make a point by the increasingly concerned looking Leviathan.

"After helping you to get out, of course. I am not keen on leaving a companion behind."

"I'm not going to either. We'll get you out of here, and then I'll keep watch on you until you start to heal up, or look like you're getting worse. In which case, I'm getting a doctor. By force if I have to."

Dragons - at least of the Equestrian variants - had some degree of self healing properties within them, that could help with general damages like cuts, bruises, cracked bones, etc. to mend. Long as they were allowed proper rest that were.

Yet broken bones were a bit trickier. It'd heal, sure, but if it wasn't set right, and kept in place, it could go crooked. Which could leave Ruby with a permanent limp, or a need to refracture the bone again just to get it to set right.

That set of paranoid thoughts weren't gonne help right now though. What were, would be some good old fashioned menial labor, as Leviathan waves Marley over, to stand with her to help support Ruby's back legs. Since it seemed like it were her entire posterior that were aching, it were probably best not to only take one side unless they knew differently, so one on each side ready to help with the load, were what they were going with right now.

They'd both wisely refrain from touching, nor commenting on the potentially broken posterior. Hurt or not, Ruby would likely still try to torch/tear whoever did either right now. Especially if it were a crude joke, which Marley had in mind. No way he were sharing that with the present company though.

"Support yourself on us as best you can, and let us know if some movements gets worse pain, okay? We'll switch around if need be."

A small rumble happened, and a few drizzles of dust started to fall from the ceiling on them.

"Come on, before this place caves in."

The worst part of this were going to be the trip up to the nearest open tunnel, but they'd do their best to ease up the trip for Ruby. And if she flew up there and took a brunt of pain, they'd both hurry up there to continue helping her out of the deteriorating cave.

Ruby would find that Leviathan were indeed not the physically strongest, but she did her best to support the larger dragoness, even if she felt the strain quite a lot on her own legs and back at times.

Marley on the other hand, might let out a grunt now and again, but he seemed generally fine. Might be he couldn't lift Ruby in her entirety, but functioning as a support collumn of sorts? That, the burly griffon could do, without the biggest issues, lest something odd happened.

@Catpone Cerberus

Agni felt more confident and bold as Nada startes to explain to him what the clock were, and went over to peck at a few more things on it, accordingly to what he were told and understood.

Pecking first at the minute watch, he'd grab hold of it with his beak and attempt to move it around, but didn't get far with it. This were a properly build clock that had mechanics on the back to mess around with where the hands on the clock stood, and since he weren't using those, it were essentially doing little more than pull him around once, as a minute passed soon after he grabbed it. This time though, he didn't flee, and instead just let go to peck at the bottom of the board, where the halfway point were.

He didn't understand time as much more than *Now it's light, now it's dark*, but looking at where the hand were, and the way it seemingly went around, he could guess roughly where the halfway point would be. He'd be off by three minutes though.

Afterwards, he'd try to move the arm again, whilst flapping quite a bit and pulling hard, but it weren't budging. It might not be obvious why he tried this, but the idea basically were that he were trying to lure out the wooden bird for either a second glance, or an attempt at retaliation. Depended on his reaction to seeing it the second time.

Since that clearly didn't work, he'd just give up, and fly away from the clock. Until the arm got closer to the halfway point (if they were still here by then), he'd properly just ignore it now, and instead get back to sitting down on Nada's head to rest his wings.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Perhaps it is because you are so linked to the cycle, that you feel the aura of others within it? Despite what some might think, rot is as much part of nature as growth. It is just part of the cycle, starting from the smallest spark of life- "

She'd poke ay the ground with the roots on her hooves, and a small, red flower would start to rise and bloom.

"- until it one day withers, and gets reclaimed by the earth."

The flower rapidly went through its lifecycle, until there stood but a withering husk, with petals falling from the dry bud of the once beautiful flower.

"Rot lies on either side. Reclaiming what have perished to clear the way, and fertilize the dirt with the decaying remnants of what once were, or to attack the roots of the weaker plants, and causing the downfal prematurely.

It is but a guess, yet if you can feel my aura, something of the sort if all I can imagine being the cause. The only creatures who tends to sense, or even react upon the aura of a dryad, far as I am aware, are animals, and other beings related closely to nature.

*sigh* Yet I have long been sheltered, and cannot say for certain. The world is a large, intimidating place, with knowledge far surpassing what I could have ever learned in the valley, were I to live for even thousands of years. Whereas I can only speculate, I feel sure that someone out there, might know for a fact what is the case.

Perhaps Princess Twilight? I hear her knowledge is vast, and she collects many tomes. For one so young, she seems intent on holding knowledge more befit of an elder."

@Blitz Boom

He would remain silent, allowing the incident to pass over, as he's had far worse done to insult him so far. He observed the generals office, taking it in, his ears twitching as he holds his head. "Could we also discuss removing these chains?" he whispered quietly to Hogweed. "I can't stand having my senses blurred like this."
==============================

On 4/24/2020 at 9:56 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Again: Snake. Eyes. Unless that's new, you should've been concerned right off the bat, lass."

"Chow, the snake eyes are new." She jutted out, with his unmentioned name sticking out. "All of this about him is new."

On 4/24/2020 at 9:56 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Whoah whoah, easy there Astral. You sure it's smart to use the elements? They're some nasty business, and what if one of 'em starts clinging to you? You saw all the issues it caused your mum and aunt to meddle with these things in that way. You sure you know what you're doing, so it ain't a risk? I don't wanna see you get hurt here."

"The elements aren't innately corrupt, I can use them safely." Astral cleared a small spot. "I have an idea, but it will take me a moment." She sits down, facing away from the group. "If I enter an Astral form I could theoretically search really quickly for him." She said, before starting to meditate on him. "Maybe if I focus on his magic-" Invisible to them, she was shoved out of her body as she suddenly entered Astral form. "Oh, that was easy, now, where is he?" Her form whizzed by Chow in a seemingly random direction, causing Chow to feel a light breeze, and a hint of Astral's essence.

@Blitz Boom

“Oh, you were at Fillydelphia before?” Windy said “My friend's sister lives there. Her name is Quill Rhyme. She's unicorn and works as a writer, but has yet to publish her works. We'll meet her since i sent a letter to her so she could give me a few bits to pay for the ship” Windy have not met her friend's sister, but they had communicate to each other via letters. Windy look back at Sorrow as they flew, their wings flapping, and their manes flowing gracefully on the air. Maybe I should introduce her to my friends after talking to my 'real' mom she thought. Sorrow might be a little scary due to her connection anything which involves ghost, but she was nice. It was ironic she was cheerful than sad since her name is Sorrow. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Though Sen was aware of how Omen might not quickly or easily catch on to big words or long lists, she successfully broke down their list of upcoming activities pretty succinctly. If that isn’t called progress, he wouldn’t know what to call it. But back to Omen’s summation, he would need to clear something up regarding the golems as that is a rather convoluted subject to work through. 

“I guess you could say we all might be sent away. Our scholar friends will be free from the orb and will have bodies of their own. After that, who knows? Their future is up to them to decide, and each of them may go their own way.”

The longma wouldn’t outright admit it but he will miss the scholars, even if their time spent together was short. He would remember their advice from way back in Mothers’ realm, calming him down and reassuring him of his choice to remain as is. Their decision to live their lives in their own terms now would be their own way of living up to their advice. But with Omen mentioning her experience in a carnival, he would go back to the present instead or ruminating on the future. 

“I’m sure what happened with the balloon animal was an accident and you didn’t mean to hurt anypony. If we see one of those, how about we find you a smaller balloon animal while we’re at the carnival? You still interested in getting one of those?”

“While we’re at the topic, what do you do for fun, Omen? We’ll be playing a few games with Rosa at the carnival but I want to know about the fun things you do. Maybe we can sneak them in later!”

@Widdershins
Cerberus just blinked when things calmed down, and even though there currently were nobody to see it, he seemed unfazed, having had a convenient feeling that something like this would happen. He thought of drawing a map on the ground for himself to look at, but he then realized it would be useless because Equestria didn't have GPS, he didn't know what GPS was, he just knew he needed it to locate himself. 

He proceeded to try to find his way down, but if there was no convenient way down, he would jump from the lowest point, landing on his feet of course. If he would make it down before someone came to interrupt him, he would start conveniently walking north, and at some point of his travel, cats would start appearing from somewhere to follow him. 
--------------------------

@Blitz Boom
"You both talk and act like I haven't broken a bone before..." Ruby complained, her kind's healing was quick and 'smart', allowing them self heal from quite serious injuries without malformation, but on the flip side that kind of healing required lot of rest and food, which is a quite the downside for a creature that kills each other for fun, though that mindset also protects those who are healing, because nobody wants to fight someone who is injured because it is boring. 

But though Ruby complained, and though she did indeed fly to the tunnel, she didn't make the job for her support any harder than it was, the exact reasoning why she tolerated the help wasn't clear though, and one could assume they wouldn't get the honest answer even if they asked, or answer in general, as Ruby didn't seem to be too talkative while this was going on, at best saying one word or a sound if talked to. One thing that Leviathan may be able to pick on if she was paying close attention to right things though, would be the tiniest hint of discomfort from Ruby, and it wasn't physical discomfort, nor the type related to personal space or such, it was something else.

One would be able to see from her reactions that the pain was only on one side of the body, though it may have been bad enough to radiate to the other side a bit too. 

When they would reach the exit, or if something else changed the situation, Ruby would wait a moment for the two to stop supporting her, but would eventually push them away if they didn't get the hint, enough was enough. 

When things calmed down, Ruby would speak once more to Marley "One more thing before you leave, will you stay at the casino or should I just head to the house when I can take my worse form again?" by house she of course meant Spicy's place

---------------------------------------------------------------
Nada had an idea why Agni tried to move the clock, she of course couldn't guess the details, but it didn't take genius to figure out that Agni was trying to make the bird come out faster, and she just smiled as she didn't believe Agni would be able to damage the clock. When Agni landed on her head, Nada would give him few pats before getting the history book Berry had brought her, she would then start reading it quietly, stopping every time Agni did something or something else happened. 
--------------------------------------

Scarecrow though a moment, trying to think if he had heard the name Twilight before, but his memory failed him with this one, he had either never heard of her, or he didn't remember hearing about her. "I don't remember this Twilight you talk of, but I know the princesses have knowledge not available for the common pony, so if there's anyone who knows, it's them." "And your explanation sounds possible, but I believe it could also be magical, as I can feel a magical presence in part of this forest that doesn't seem to bother any other creature, then again, it's the only magic I have been able to sense so that doesn't necessarily mean anything." "One of them or both may be linked to the black growth that's on me..." he pointed at his legs and wings "...my assumption is that it's what keeps me alive, but I of course don't know for sure, so as far as I know, it could just be some parasitic growth that's unrelated to what made me like this." 

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

"Fun?"

Omen knew what the word meant for some, yet it were one of the aspects were understanding were a harder thing than usual in regards to her personally, since it involved emotions, and not something cold and concrete like what a brick were made of, or something similar.

"What makes you smile, or laugh?"

Another bout of silence came after this, as Omen mulled over this for a time. Though eventually, she'd start shaking her head slowly from side to side, having to give up finding a positive answer to the questions presented to her.

"I can not remember laughing, or smiling. Does that mean I do not have fun?"

Rosa internally let out a little sigh. Somehow, he should have foreseen this, yet at the same time, it were hard to believe that Omen had never even smiled. That seemed like such a basic thing for most creatures, and yet... *sigh* He really wondered how much of this were due to what she were, and how much were related to Discord's lacking education. If ever he met this *Mother* character, it were surely one more thing to the list of questions to ask.

"Let us try this another way: What do you like to do?"

"I like to learn, and help my friends."

"Then I suggest we try as many varied things as we can with you, and see if you learn something fun from that, okay?"

Omen nodded, which seemed to be about the best that could be hoped for by now. Perhaps they'd find something good that'd actually manage to bring a smile to her face at the carnival, even if she wouldn't notice it herself. Had to be some way to find a way to get joy into her life.

==============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

"Oh cool! Did she ever talk about a mare called Madamme Macabre? That's my grandma. Made a biiiig stir when we went there when I were a foal."

Not really surprising, considering the mare had wandered straight into a place so haunted that it had been considered to just outright wall it in and seal the entrance. And yet this semi-cloaked, greying mare had wandered right in and with an unearthly, hallowed voice, forced every spirit within to kneel before her, whilst she systematically went around and sent them to the other side. All whilst being followed by a half dozen small fillies watching her with big eyes and taking in everything that they saw. One of the various moments that Sorrow's grandmother had sought to teach her family's youngest members about what their duties would be once they grew older.

It had been a pretty big thing in the papers at the time, though she had not lingered, and the only interview Macabre gave about the whole incident were to say that *You brought this upon yourselves*. A cryptic message that had not really been solved, though there were several theories about what she had meant with this.

Still, it had been fifteen years now. Not a whole lot likely still remembered hearing about it, though it never hurt to ask, right?

"It were a pretty fun day, and we all learned a whole lot, me and my cousins. Aaah, good times...

So, Quill, what sorta books does she write? Is it fantasy? Horror? Comedies, maybe? I like comedies, but not so much horror. Grandma always said there were no horror book that could fantasize about anything worse than what she could tell us from her life, and she had some real spooky stories. Dad had to beg her once to give it a rest because I brought up a silly story about a ghost who wanted to be friends with others, and she told me what ghosts who went after fillies usually had in mind. I got real spooked, but I got her point when I got older. She were just trying to warn me about something real dangerous. You know, how young ghosts want a playmate forever? Real creepy, right?

Anyway, I think I'm kinda rambling again, hehe. Lemme hear about Quill."

@FanOfManyShows

*sigh* She supposed it weren't unreasonable for him to ask this, but it weren't exactly an easy one to cover for her, as the implications meant that a lot were nervous about him going around without these things hampering his magic.

"It's the general's decision, when the chains are gonna go away. But it might still take a while, since they're worried that you'll try escaping, or hurt somepony again. I'll ask them though, and see if I can't convince them to at least let you try to prove you're getting better than that, okay? I trust you, Chariot."

She gave a small smile to him, and entered after the private and the colonel, after they heard a female voice inside call them in.

Inside, both generals were standing over a table, going over a large map with a varied amount of figures on to represent troops and threats. Nothing major though, just plans for things ahead, and awaiting some results of what would come from what they had already begun.

"Colonel Syringe. Lieutenant Hogweed. Private Chisel. Chariot."

General Screecher addressed the arriving ponies according to rank, as were customary, whilst Dew removed his helmet and just looked them all over briefly, before locking on Chariot specifically. The older stallion's eyes didn't reveal much, but he appeared to take measure of Chariot for the first time since the trial.

"At ease, everypony. Colonel Syringe tells us that there have been a development with the Elements of Disharmony that you're aware of, Chariot? Our own intel have proven to cooperate your story, but I'd like to know more details, before we begin a plan. Starting with what elements you know, or at least think, are in play? We need to know what we are facing."

"Why are three of the chains on him missing?"

Hogweed swallowed a rather large ball of spit as she heard that question. It had to happen sooner or later she supposed, though she had hoped to not have it up now.

"The forgemaster told me that they weren't essential, and they limited his movements. As his ward, I made the decision to have them removed."

"And the fact that his movement being restricted could be a boon didn't cross your mind?"

It were clear the general didn't approve of this, yet she revered to neutral once Dew rose a hoof up, to interrupt her.

"She's his doctor, as much as his ward, and if this went against the rehabilitation, I can see why she'd take the decision. Long as the essentials are not removed without authorization, we should try and keep an open mind on this."

She didn't reply, but merely nodded, and awaited what would happen.

Chariot might now understand why his array of chains had not been as bad as when he first went to court. A situation that Hogweed had explained to him by just saying *It was the best I could do*.

=======================================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

On 4/28/2020 at 11:23 PM, FanOfManyShows said:

"Chow, the snake eyes are new." She jutted out, with his unmentioned name sticking out. "All of this about him is new."

"Alright then, it just wasn't something that were cl- Wait, how do you know my name?"

This one were perplexing him a bit, before he suddenly rolled his eyes and smacked himself on the forehead.

"Probably saw it on my storefront. Right. Smooth one there Chow, ya big dingbat."

His store were called *Chow's Organic Pet Food* which granted, were not a pretty name, but come on, he were good at hunting and prepping meat. Not making up great names. Sides, it worked, didn't it? Said everything on the title, without mentioning meat specifically, so that the prissy ones didn't get all up in a tip. Then word of mouth would go into saying that he could sort a good side of beef out or something on the side, but the pet food were his main income.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:23 PM, FanOfManyShows said:

"Maybe if I focus on his magic-" Invisible to them, she was shoved out of her body as she suddenly entered Astral form. "Oh, that was easy, now, where is he?" Her form whizzed by Chow in a seemingly random direction, causing Chow to feel a light breeze, and a hint of Astral's essence.

Chow shook as he felt that chill pass through him. He didn't like it, nor Astral putting herself in this state one bit. It seemed pretty obviously dangerous to just leave your body behind like that, what with parasites like Emerald out there to take advantage of it and all. So just to be on the safe side, he went over and stood at her currently comatose body, and would wait for something to happen that he could actually react to. Including if a bear burst in, which would result in a certain bear getting itself a sharp, short pain from the machete down his side. The spear had turned out to be an issue in the long run, so this had to do, and honestly, it wasn't too bad. Helped function as a carving knife on the side.

"I ain't liking this one bit. Nor do I like snake face from before. Seems like a real trouble maker.

Say, you know of any weakness he got? Like, what're the odds he'll spot a distraction while I go break his legs? Just as an example. Ain't saying I'm definitely gonna go right for his legs, just not ruling it out."

He'd direct these questions towards the mare that had brought them into this in the first place, thinking that perhaps she could give them some good intel on her previous colt toy. Might be something that'd make it easier to beat him up and stop his work before it got outta hoof.

@Catpone Cerberus

As they wandered out, Leviathan indeed took note of a few things regarding Ruby and her expression of pain. Mostoy that it seemed to be worse on one side, rather than the other, which caused her to shift her position to better help support that side along with Marley. It should help ease the physical pain, though something told her that some of the expression she had seen, were also somewhat related to an emotional pain, from relying on these smaller beings to help her. Pride and stubborness far as she were concerned, and not something she had the slightest care about. She just wanted to get Ruby out of here.

Not long after thet had gotten entirely out of the tunnels, they would be able to hear from the rumblings below, that the chamber were starting to cave in.

21 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

When they would reach the exit, or if something else changed the situation, Ruby would wait a moment for the two to stop supporting her, but would eventually push them away if they didn't get the hint, enough was enough. 

Marley got the hint, yet Leviathan had refused to move away, as she didn't think they were at a good enough spot for Ruby to lay down and rest just yet. As such, she'd get pushed away, and let out a low, pained grunt, as her strained wing got pushed against the ground.

"You're still not ready to just walk around on your own, Ruby."

"Perhaps not. Yet she have been extracted from below, and as such, does not need to wander more if she does not care for it."

21 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"One more thing before you leave, will you stay at the casino or should I just head to the house when I can take my worse form again?"

The griffon ran a hand through his head feathers, getting them back into place after this extraction mission, had caused them to go into some degree of disarray.

"The mansion, if you please. After a celebration like the one she had, I can imagine that she would want to shelter herself from the world for a few days to ride out the tide, so to speak. Also, soon as she wakes up, I can imagine the old harpy will begin to bicker about why she have not yet vacated the casino, so the odds of her staying for long are minute.

In any case, I have done my part for the time being, and need to return to my work. I will deal with explaining your absence as you requested, as well as inform her that you have a new companion to function as your own bodyguard. Everything should be sorted when eventually you return, whilst still keeping your secret intact.

Until next we meet."

He'd give a formal bow, before rising into the air and flying away, back to Las Pegasus. His work among the dragons were done for the time being, and it were ratger easy to tell that they both wanted to be rid of him. To what end, he'd let them deal with on their own. It were not his place to question it.

Back with Ruby, Leviatahn would glance towards the rapidly diminishing form of Marley, before eventually letting her eyes off him, and returning to her hurt kin.

"You're gonna need rest, and plenty of food. I can start getting you something to eat first, then begin working on a shelter.

What sorta prey do you want? More elk? Bear? Bushel of rabbits? Name it, and I'll get it."

Ruby might not like being taken care of like this, but Leviathan didn't care. She were hurt, and needed someone there, and if her kin wanted it or not, that one were going to be her. Sooner she accepted that, the easier this would be.

@Catpone Cerberus

Agni would give off a pleased coo as he were patted on the head, and actively pushed his feathered head into her hoof for better contact.

As for the reading, Nada wouldn't find that Agni would do much during that time. At first he'd look down, trying to see what she were doing, but with the cozy seating, relaxed atmosphere and silence in the room, he'd soon enough fall asleep, perched firmly on top of Nada's head.

it were hard to say what the local adult ponies would think of her in the long run, but so far, Nada were getting the approval of quite a few other locals, such as Agni, Feather, Berry, the princess, etc. which should be a good indicator that whilst not everypony might be happy to see her, there were plenty who welcomed her with open appendages, and actively sought her out as a friend.

Hopefully the phoenix now resting comfortably on her head, would just be another proof to her that she had her supporters, and hey: If she had some of the local animal life on her side, Fluttershy might vouch for her too, which were quite a boon, considering her importance to the locals, and Equestria in general.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Princess Teilight is a pony with wings and a horn, who governs the town of Ponyville as their Princess of Friendship. It is somewhat confusing to me, why she have such an odd title, yet from personal experience, I can at least say that the pony in question is a kind, curious one. I cannot put much of a finger on anything wrong with our meeting."

Lyriel lifted a hoof in front of her, and let out a small giggle.

"I mean hoof, not finger. There seems to still be much I need to get used to in this form."

Perhaps she should just revert to how she had been before, at some point? They were more welcoming in this form in town perhaps, but most so far had been able to tell that she were still not one of them, and as such, questions quickly came regardless, so were there truly a benefit to remain like this? Something to think about in the times ahead.

Her eyes followed Scarecrows movements as he presented the growths on him, and questioned if perhaps these were the things that gave him the strange life that kept his decaying form going.

"I sense something from them, yet I cannot say for sure if this frowth is what animates you. It does not feel like any vegetation I have ever felt before at least, even from this distance. It feels... Removed from the cycle, if that makes sense? As if it grows despite not carrying the Earth Mother's blessing. Plant life like that is not something I thought possible, yet here it is. Such a perplexing sight."

Edited by Blitz Boom

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Windy chuckled “I haven't met Quill before. Maybe you should ask her or Writer, her brother. He lives somewhere here in Ponyville and wrote a series of zombie stories,” she said “and speaking about your grandmother. You should ask her as well. I don't know how long she live in Fillydelphia” Windy only knew Quill as Writer's sister since the latter is a friend of hers. He was very busy of his story, intending to make it become popular. She looked at sky in thought before gazing at Sorrow “Is your grandmother still around?” 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Sen had hoped there was something he could work with from Omen’s response but alas, being unable to experience emotions was the answer he got. In some respects, the longma might have suspected that the Ki’Nathar might have the capability of feeling things like happiness or anger, just not the conventional way everyone else does. Sen wasn’t going to write it off as a complete inability; perhaps tonight will be the opportunity to learn more.

It could be a result of Discord’s formation at the time he shaped Omen. Whatever his reasons, he must have had a method in mind when factoring everything about Omen down to the details. Then again, he might be giving Discord too much credit if emotions weren’t considered during the formation process. In any case, there will be time to extrapolate details based on their friend’s interests.

Sen would take Rosa’s suggestion and Omen’s nodding as an affirmative, and waited for ten or so minutes to before a gate opened by the entrance to the cave. As expected, Lin walked out first followed by Elder Ghilan in tow. By this time, he was slowly growing accustomed to the gates as the look of surprise that once gripped him whenever he pass through one was more subdued. 

“… I assure you, Lin, the village will be fine if we’ll only take a few hours; barely anything big has happened as of late. Even as I learn about leadership, Y’agn is my student and she needs to grow accustomed to how things work when I’m away.”

The elder’s sight caught everyone else present in the cave, first towards Omen and Sen, then to Rosa. Uncertainty gripped him, freezing in his tracks before he slowly advanced to the group. 

“Omen, Sen, good to see you both. And I… I take it you’re… Rosa?” The village elder stuttered, bowing a lot longer than usual before brining his head up and reestablishing eye contact. “Andar’an, I am Elder Ghilan, though I believe Sen and Lin already mentioned my name to you before. They, uh, really wanted me to meet you.” 

Although the nervous look was common among the longma who are new too meeting outsiders, the most evident part of Ghilan’s appearance was how young he looked for someone with a title of Elder. He looks roughly the same age as the siblings, even after factoring all of the age discrepancies. Everyone back home shares the same sentiment, with some doubting the legitimacy of someone like him becoming an elder despite the lack of experience his age implied. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"How would we come to an agreement, Ambassador?" Atzy sighed softly, realising that now was the time for negotiations. At least she'll be able to stretch her brain muscles and attempt to negotiate for the gemlings. "Seeming we can't see any of the Princesses yet, how will we handle my situation?"

"At least you're not shouting like you normally do," Karmic chuckled after sipping of her delicious tea.

"I do not shout!" Atzy replied, shouting at Karmic. The mare merely laughed and pointed a hoof.

"Case in point," Karmic grinned.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"I shouldn't pry, Last, but what happened here? This is a very gruesome remnant of a battlefield," Twilight asked quietly. Something in her gut told her to keep her voice low as they walked through the courtyard in front of the shrine. She figured she should listen to it for the moment unless Last had other ideas.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"You ... what ... me!?" Aurora asked in shock and surprise. She had never heard of such a suggestion in her life! She may be royalty but at the same time she's never exactly spoken up with the other griffins, always remaining on the outskirts and looking in. "I am no Queen. I have no idea how to even be one! Wh-Wh-Why would I e-even attempt to become the leader of the griffins!? I-I mean, I can stay u-upon that throne, sure, and stay alive by f-feeding on how they l-l-love me but that takes time! Far too much time!"

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"HEY! YOU'RE THE ONE THAT BEGAN FIGHTING ME SHORTY! IT WAS SELF DEFENSE!" Dazzle shouted at Shortstack, her ears flicking at him nicknaming her. At least, that's how she remembered it. He did hit her noggin hard a couple of times after all. After a brief few moments, she composed herself slightly and returned to looking at the shy pony that had scared her scales off. "Sorry about that but to answer your question ..." she trailed off and coughed a couple of times before resuming to talk.

"Parents," Dazzle sighed, her face falling. Her ears drooped ad she gazed at the floor. Not having seen her parents in years, they'd most likely think she was dead and moved on by now.  Her voice was sullen when she spoke, remembering what her parents were like when she last saw them."The're on the other side of the Everfree Forest, ma'am. I don't think they'll be arriving here any time soon. I ... I tried to walk through the Everfree to visit Ponyville about ... I don't know. Ages ago. But I got lost and kinda lived there until I found my way here."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Wait, stolen?" Dawn asked in surprise. The argument was forgotten in light of this new information. This was news to her. She'd never heard of dragon eggs being stolen from the Dragon Lands before. "How? When? Why? What have you been doing all this time!? You should go and find your original parents!"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Ruby would stay quiet until Marley left, giving a dismissive gesture as the final word, as tolerable as he was, he really needed to learn to use less words. While leviathan watched Marley, Ruby did some movements with her leg trying to figure out where exactly the pain was coming from and how to best avoid it, but she stopped when Leviathan started to talk again, and just looked at her, it seemed that for a moment she didn't really know how to react, but that only lasted for that moment.

"We just ate, so that can wait for later..." she made her way to the nearest tree that had branches low enough for her to grab, pushing Leviathan away if she tried to help "...not that I want your help with that, if one can't feed themselves, they shouldn't eat." she proceeded to break branches from the tree and made a makeshift support for herself, it wasn't perfect, but it was good enough for her. "And for shelter, I prefer a cave." she would then start walking around looking for a cave or other similar hole in the terrain, but if she quickly didn't find one or if Leviathan somehow stopped her, she would settle for anything that looked like it would hold rain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada smiled when Agni fell asleep, making sure to not move too much to avoid waking him up, she would keep reading the book, though she was getting slightly annoyed by how perfect ponies made themselves look in the history. She did understand that winners wrote the history, and she didn't deny that at least based on their version of the story, ponies weren't wrong in most of what they did, but she couldn't help but think of all of those in similar situation to hers, those who were forced to flee because someone else did something wrong.

This individual way thinking maybe was part of the reason why she still wasn't hopeful of her situation, sure she acknowledged that she now had friends, and she saw that as a win, since even in worse case scenario she didn't necessarily need to be alone, in her mind only ones who's opinion about her truly mattered regarding her future was the princesses, and even in that case she was wary, because she knew that ponies, even though they liked to blame actions of few to whole species, saw themselves as individuals, and if any of the more powerful ponies disagreed with the princesses, it could mean bad things for her. 

Maybe she should ask Berry about her opinions about the pony history, sure she was bit out there and it could end up being just bunch of nonsense, but there was a chance that there would be some truth behind the craziest of theories, and Nada was interested on how things in the past actually went.

----------------------------------------
Scarecrow dug his memory again after getting new information, but he still didn't remember any friendship princesses called Twilight, maybe she came to power after he came to the forest, but then again, he didn't remember really anything about Equestria's leaders or such, so it could be he had just forgotten.  He didn't seem too fazed by Lyriel's use of the word finger, not that he necessarily could seem fazed by anything considering he lacked the ways to show it besides his voice and body language.

"Maybe it isn't a plant." he suggested "I mean, I for sure haven't heard of plants that give creatures working wings..." he would open one of his wings and show it to Lyriel, it looked like a normal wing, feathers and all, only weird thing about it being the vein like growth around where they attached to Scarecrow's body, he continued as he showed the wing "...it also doesn't act like any plant I know, it doesn't spread constantly, in fact, it has stayed like it's now for quite some time, and instead of growing on me, it seems to replace what it takes over." "I would demonstrate but I don't think you want to see me removing a piece of myself." 

@Blitz Boom

"To ease you all on this, if I really wanted to cause trouble I would have already, such as in my prime I would've taken Hogweed here out with ease, without magic." He said, gesturing to her with his prosthetic hoof. "Anyway, I know of all but one of the elements of disharmony from my research before I was petrified, there are six in total, as part of a balance against the elements of harmony; Greed, Lies, Betrayal, Depression, Cruelty, the only one that stumped me over all was what is the Element of Magic's counterpart, so I am clueless about what that one is or where it is." He paused for a moment, seeming a bit more collected than earlier.

"The ones I sensed have similar magic to ones I've sensed before, Depression and Lies. But it's fuzzy to me due to the anti-magic restraints." He said, always feeling it necessary to mention the restraints on his senses thus far, he wanted to make that clear, it bothered him more that they asked him such things while them knowing theses, senses, where restricted. "As of now, if my research is still accurate, the Element of Lie should be bottled dust, so I am not sure why I sensed it."

======================================================

Now Chow may not have known, But harm to Astral's form would return her to her body instantly, so she wasn't the least worried as she zoomed through the forest at rapid speeds, but she'd be gone for quite a while.

"His weakness is his ego, fittingly enough. Physically; yes his legs would probably work, but also aim for the horn with a Unicorn, they are really sensitive due to their importance in the body."

@EQ_Theta

Rosa would stands still, patiently awaiting the elder to talk whilst he looked over Ghilan. He wouldn't show what his opinions were about the longma, but one could likely surmise that it were not what he had expected, as that seemed a common story when it came to Ghilan. An elder in title only, clearly.

Granted, some scaled beings barely changed their looks over the years, but this one just oozed of youth and inexperience. A hapless youth pushed into a leadership role he did not have the experience for, yet wanted to try and do his best to fulfill.

Rosa knew this sort of look well, because it were exactly how Thorax had been when he met him. A simple youth, suddenly pushed into a position of power and leadership which he could not deny, yet were wholly unaware how to handle. It might make the proceedings easier then, since he knew the sort of path to deal with these kinds of beings, and could do it more efficiently than the slight trial and error way he had done with Thorax. Though stil, every case were different, so there'd still end up being some of it here. Hopefully not too much, considering the small amount of time they had to work with.

Once he were done, Rosa would slowly raise his hoof, put it to his chest, and perform a formal equine bow, to show some respect towards the elder.

"Esteemed Elder Ghilan. I am Sub Rosa, advisor to King Thorax, and friend of your countrymen. I have requested to meet you to perhaps help you with making contact to the world at large, for the benefit of the longma species, and your own town in particular. Lin and Sen have spoken about the reluctance there likely is towards this idea, but I hope that I can in some way explain why it is needed, and help you, the way which I did King Thorax."

He would speak whilst bowing, and would not rise from this position until he interpreted a permission to do so. At this point in the conversation, this would all be a matter of respect until he could see that something changed from that, and as such, he'd approach the elder the way it truly were: With him as the higher authority, which then also meant that he should be dealt with as such. At least until he noticed it causing more problems than helping, in which case he'd have to adjust. Again, every being were different.

====================================================================================

@Windy Breeze

"Oh yeah, grandma's still full of vigor. Probably gonna outlive me if she keeps going on the way she is.

She doesn't always go outside of town though, unless she's teaching others, or have to deal with a real big, nasty problem that none of the rest of us can or have time to deal with. Usually she'd back at the family estate, and runs the entire family, as well as the town's guard.

We're situated a few miles away from a kind of outskirt town called Moonlit Thicket, in a larger sort of forest capitol called Lotus Vale, situated in the beautiful Bloomingdale Forest.. Lots of thestrals there, especially in Moonlit Thicket, and the other sorta small towns in the area, but Lotus Vale's the biggest, and run by the Council of Three Wings. A pegasus, a thestral, and a breezie. None of them are family, but we have a looooong history with the place, and especially grandma have ramped it up and pretty much taken over the entire protective detail for the area, so she's real important to them too.

Hehe, perhaps I can show you sometimes? We don't get a lot of tourists since it's pretty far into the forest, and some still gets weirded out by thestrals for some reason, but it's a real nice place. I bet grandma would be happy to see a Wonderbolt in the area too. Long as you don't chase the breezies. She doesn't like seeing the little ones getting spooked."

Aaah, wind through her feathers, a fun new friend to talk to, and adventure in sight. Could this day get much better? Well yes, of course it could, but one shouldn't be too greedy and keep hoping for more and more things. One should be happy with the good things they had, and not focus on all the negatives, or what more they want.

=====================================================================================

@Sekel

Golden took the opportunity when they shouted to take a sip of tea, and didn't seem bothered about the whole situation. It seemed harmless, and this were by far not the first time he had seen yelling during these sorts of things. Quite honestly, it tended to be a shouting match sometimes when there were some heated ambassadors coming their way, whom he had to try and calm down. Unprofessional ones in his opinion, but it weren't his place to openly pass judgement.

"You needn't worry. As your stated intent is simply cooperation, I can draft a piece of paper that will sign a tentative peace treaty between our species. Then we'd need only to discuss what sort of basic rules one should follow near the other's domain, to ensure that we respect one another, and then in due time, I can discuss trade agreements and the like with your queen. As it sounds like you have just been established, I can imagine you would at first need to establish yourself before it went further into things, so I'd say this is an acceptable place to start, if you agree with that.

I'd also like to make a contract with you if I may, Enzo? I know sphinx have their own deals they like to sign, but since I cannot guarantee everything  completely as wished for, even if I see no real issue for it to happen, I'd prefer if perhaps we do this a more traditional way. At least for the time being."

"Acceptable. I wouldn't enjoy signing sphinx deal's everywhere either."

In truth, one at his levels, simply couldn't make that many at a time, but he'd keep that to himself for now. Considering the sort of deal he had made with Queen Dia'Thiz, it'd probably be a week or so at least before he could safely try. Not common knowledge for non-sphinx, and currently, he saw no real reason to change that.

=====================================================================================

@Sekel

Last got the faint hint of a smile on her face as she heard the princesses words.

"This isn't a battlefield. Just the courtyard. What you're seeing is the result of centuries of focused training, and us burning everything we couldn't take with us. Even if we got attacked here regularly, it's too easy to defend by us to be worth it to most. Just imagine on all the walls, there were large crossbows, as well as archers, and you'd get the point why."

If Twilight looked around on the position of the surrounding walls, she might get the point, long as she pictured wall mounted crossbows, a horde of archers, and varied hook swingers, to mention a few options. Any creature trying to get down in here, would be decimated before it got to the dirt. And if by some miracle it made it through, there were usually dozens upon dozens of trained Shrine Maidens down here, ready to deal with things.

"If you want to see a battlefield, go up on the top wall, and look north. You'll see the main field then."

If Twilight did so, she'd find a vast, open area with marks of battle stretching out everywhere for as far as the eye could see. From scorch marks to improvised grave markers, abandoned armor and weapons, along with decaying remnants of enemies, torn dirt, magical blast marks still glowing on the ground, etc. It would be clear that not one, but several large battles had taken place here, and the sheer aura it gave off would make regular beings feel tense. As if the next battle were waiting just on the horizon, ready to assault them and potentially this time, breach the keep. It were a pressure that were more or less etched into the stones they stood upon, even if this were but a shadow of what it were like, were you to actively be here when the Shrine were fully manned, and didn't have a large insectoid manetid crouched over the entire thing.

===================================================================================

@Sekel

"Nothing important happens overnight, young queen. Yet the decision is your own. We only see a solution to an issue you brought up. We cannot force it through, even if it would allow for a species to remain alive.

Of course, not all species should be allowed to live..."

Their gaze shifted over to Happy, who suddenly felt like he were an ant, being eyed by someone not happy about his existence.

"Hey hey, heeeeey. Let's just... Take it easy here, okay? I'm not some sorta scout for humans. I got sucked through a dimension rift thingie, and converted."

"We hope you speak truly on this, or we will know who to find first. Humanity was a scourge that nearly destroyed this world, long ago, and our kind were part of the great cleansing that removed the stain of your kind. We will not hesitate to do so again, were they to try and return. Let them ruin their own world, as their kind is prone to doing."

They did not like humanity, yet the part of them that held this hate, were certainly not the changeling part, as humanity had *vanished* long before that. Not before Diamante and her ilk's existence though, as were evident by them holding stories of the oldest of their kind taking part in *correcting* the status quo, along with a few others, including the dragons. It made them no favors in the day, but it were the only way to deal with the issue, lest the magical core of their world were ruined, or stolen by these greedy little primate descendants.

"Hey, I agree you know? They're troubling, and I'm happy with how this world works, compared to them. Okay? I promise ya, if there came a war, I wouldn't be with them."

"Good. It pleases us to hear that you would side with your new kind, instead of that of old, if somehow they passed through in great numbers."

@Sekel @Widdershins

It were a somewhat hesitant movement, but Stare would step forward and put one hoof around the mare in a short, half-hug sort of thing. She wasn't much of a hugger, so the full on version weren't something she partook in often. One of the things that her sister and her had in common, which sprung from their upbringing. Or rather, lack thereof, but she wouldn't tell stories of this. She knew that Scarcity did not like others knowing about that part of their foalhood.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Perhaps we could send somepony out to check for them?"

"Separation from your dear family? Oh what a dreadful situation my dear. You have my sympathy, and if you'd like, my assistance too. I have a few friends here and there whom enjoys finding others I could ask for assistance in locating your parents, and reuniting you. If I could get a proper description of them both that were."

Scarcity listened in everywhere, and this tidbit? Ah, it were simply too easy for her not to partake in it, and start working her own angle on this. Saved her quite some time trying to pry more information out of the odd hybrid herself, in her attempt to find the parents, whom could be of great interest to her. They might hold some sort of secret to their successful mingling that could be valuable, and even if not, she were a conservationist, and halflings like this were certainly a unique species one should try to support growing, rather than quench, as some were likely to try when they heard of the unusual mixture.

"Are you uhm... A-Are you sure?"

"Why of course. The dear mare needs some help, and luckily enough, I appear to be in a position to assist in some way. What sort of pony would I be, were I not to offer some help? Perhaps you too can offer some, by offering her shelter until we find them, sister dearest? I know you were moving towards such an offering after all, were you not?"

"I wanted to be a little subtle about it, but yes. I don't want her to stay in the forest. It isn't safe there."

A pearly laughter escaped Scarcity.

"A fact one have best to keep in mind, for sure. What say you dear? Would you like our assistance?"

Both her and Stare looked towards Dazzle, waiting to hear her response.

==========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 5/1/2020 at 2:49 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"We just ate, so that can wait for later..." she made her way to the nearest tree that had branches low enough for her to grab, pushing Leviathan away if she tried to help "...not that I want your help with that, if one can't feed themselves, they shouldn't eat."

"It doesn't count as me chasing your prey for you, if I just scare them your way. You'd still do the actual kill."

Perhaps not the most ideal thing, but far better than having Ruby wander around and try to catch something herself, in her current condition.

As for shelter, they were not far from a mountain side, yet the only cave shown there were not really something that'd hold something Ruby's side. Not without some sort of help.

Seeing as she were seemingly refusing to be supported by others anymore, Leviathan would zoom forward, and right into the cave. A large blitz of lighting came shortly after, along with a substantial rumbling as the entrance - and several feet further in, judging by the stones blasting out of there - had parts explode, and subsequently get thrown out as best she could. Assisted by more lightning bolts if they were too large to be moved by the wind, and once Ruby got up there, it should be a cave that she could somewhat easily enter, long as she didn't hold her head too high, and find that inside, there'd be a good amount of space. Made larger by Leviathan, who were standing in the middle, wings raised with a strained expression on her face, in the midst of a circle of strong wind, and occasional sparks splitting up stones not moving.

It'd drain the small dragoness though, as were evident by the way she slumped forward some when the winds started to slow down, and she folded her wings back down. Highly magical or not, she were not able to keep up constantly, and she had used a lot of magic today. Even before she ran into Ruby the first time. She needed to rest her usage for a time, lest she'd end up with a pitiful reserve barely able to do anything.

"Is that... Enough space now?"

================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Berry wouldn't show up until the sun had set, considering what she were about to be stuck into, but there'd be another surprise visitor who came in about a half hour after Agni fell asleep. A certain candycane striped, tall zegasus, who opened the door, and wandered in after looking around, to make sure that nopony else were there. Fah'lina wasn't actively visible, but she might be in her saddlebag, having a nap. It could be hard to tell.

"Helloooo? Anypony here?"

If she got an answer or not, she'd still wander in, and make sure to close the door behind her, lest there'd suddenly be somepony looking in. Something which Serenade had been clear that she really would prefer didn't happen, for obvious reasons.

=============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I appreciate the lack of a demonstration."

Lyriel were not kidding. The idea of some being that wasn't a lizard removing part of itself were... Unnerving to her, and not something she'd like to see if she had a choice in the matter.

"It is a most peculiar growth though, and if not a plant, then what might it be? Some sort of parasite? Such a strange thing to witness."

This were clearly far beyond her expertise, and nothing that she had nay idea what to do with herself. Seeing something grow and replace things such as this, whilst carrying the sense to her of her rot, were a strange, unnatural concept to her. This would require knowledge on a level unprecedented to her, yet the ponies might hold it. Their race were plentiful, and had large amount of times. Would they not hold answers to everything within? Perhaps not everything, yet much would surely be there at least, making the odds higher that they could help here than she could.

It were a somewhat beautiful, yet unnerving sight too, to see the strange growth and how it worked actually. Still, she were not going to touch it. If it replaced flesh, what might it do to one who had none?

"Regardless, perhaps you would truly need to see her and ask one day, though I could understand if you were not too happy with the idea of leaving the forest. It is not easy to wander among others, when you fear what they may think or do."

=========================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

20 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

"To ease you all on this, if I really wanted to cause trouble I would have already, such as in my prime I would've taken Hogweed here out with ease, without magic." He said, gesturing to her with his prosthetic hoof.

It were rather clear from Hogweed's awkward grimace that this were not the sort of endorsement that he should have said about himself. Not really a rousing strong point to say *Oh come on, I could totally have killed her if I wanted to*. She got what he meant really, but it didn't sound good for the generals, and Screecher for one just looked even more certain in her view of Chariot.

21 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

"As of now, if my research is still accurate, the Element of Lie should be bottled dust, so I am not sure why I sensed it."

"The elements cannot be destroyed. There's recorded history of the Elements of Harmony going through several things, including being returned to the tree which they spawned from, and yet they persist.

I personally believe that they cannot be fully destroyed. Only reshaped. Dust doesn't mean it's powerless, and especially not if it is still gathered in one place. If what you say is true, it  could present a large problem that it have gotten into the populace again. And since we have no real studies of these things to go by, it appears that we tentatively haver to try and listen to you on the matter. Though surely you'd understand why we'd be reluctant to let you out of those chains?"

"What if it proved the only way to get a good read on all of this, sir?"

The generals focused their eyes on Hogweed, who felt a little nervous with these high ranked ponies glaring at her.

"Then we'd take it into consideration, as appropriate."

"I'd rather want intel on these elements first, before taking anything into consideration. What exactly can we expect from the elements of Depression and Lies?"

Now the focus would go back on Chariot, who might be edging in a begrudging acceptance of potentially slacking his chains so to speak, if he played things well from now on, and didn't elude to being able to kill anypony present.

@FanOfManyShows

Chow indeed didn't know. Magic studies were still new to him, and astral projections or whatever this were called, were still way out of his league. He had barely mastered not smashing himself in the face with a book.

"I'd really prefer not to go for the horn though. Breaking a leg or two can be healed up, but cracking a horn can be debilitating, and I don't wanna be responsible for a life altering injury like that. It'd be like amputating a griffon's wing."

Some things were just going to far in Chow's mind, and taking away something real important like wings to a being who needed the skies, horn of a magic user, or say, somepony's eyes, were just messed up. Worst case with a good knee-capping would be a limp, and there were some real good magical medicine these days, so it shouldn't be an issue to get that sorted without much of an spectacle.

"I'd grab it and swing him into a tree though if I get the chance. For some reasons unicorns never consider that to be something that'll happen to 'em."

@Blitz Boom

Windy smiled “What an interesting place. You can take me there all you want. I'll just have to let Spitfire know I'm going to an interesting 'tourist destination'” Not only Sorrow has a interesting grandmother, but even the town she mentioned is also interesting. Thestral? She did know Luna has two. Breezies? Well, there was a rumor about a few Breezies have visited Ponyville several years ago. She hope the forest she mentioned is not as creepy as the Everfree Forest. One of her friends went inside the forest and literally turns into a tree after getting an unknown disease. Luckily, the bearers of the elements of harmony heard the news and helped them get her friend back.

But visiting the town should wait. She got a family to talk to.

“Hey, Sorrow. What should do first when we arrived at Fillydelphia?” she asked. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

“I appreciate you taking the time to meet me; come, let’s us talk. I take it your experience with this King Thorax will be helpful to me as well?”

Elder Ghilan found his place near the dug-out fire pit in the cave, sitting down while Lin tapped Rosa on the shoulder to let him know it is time to relocate and begin their meeting. As much as this is unconventional, the elder was surprised at the setup the siblings had with the cave. With living arrangements like this, he could only imagine what life was like during their exile, especially if they have to live like this for years. But on to important matters, Ghilan wouldn’t really know where to start, if he had to stay quiet and listen or if he had to give his some context to the situation back home. Despite wanting to learn, he admittedly harbored some level reluctance despite Rosa already having done the same with King Thorax. 

“Let me start by saying my village is suspicious of change, especially of big ones that will greatly alter the way we live and operate. Actually, the longma in general are not open to this idea so readily. They believe that making contact with the outside world is too drastic a move that will bring about new problems that we are not equipped to deal with.”

“If it will help, we have to at least figure out how we can introduce this idea to our village,” Sen added. As much as he is still angry about the sour memories he had when the village stood by and let the previous elder get away with his crimes, he couldn’t wallow in the what ifs and live out a silent form of revenge forever. He believes this opening up to the outside will be good in the long run and the folks back home just need something to convince them. “They’re unsure about all of this; it’s all happening so fast.”

“Even the other elders are concerned, some are angry. I’m already in trouble with them for proposing to make contact with the outside world and they need to be convinced of something doable that doesn’t leave us with a terrible deal. Rosa, can we start with the basics? Something simple to break down what I should expect?” 

A strange thing that was becoming more evident was how subtlety the stuttering was disappearing from Ghilan’s words. With the pressure already mounting to come up with a feasible plan to make contact with the likes of ponies and changelings, the elder has his work cut out for him. The village needs him confident if they are to support him, maybe even win over his doubters. Perhaps Rosa will be able to help him do that and more through this meeting. In his own way, the elder would put his trust in the thestral, hopefully giving him the reassurance that this is the way to go. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom
Leviathan made a good point and Ruby didn't actually have any way to argue, so she just let out a neutral grunt, she was lot less talkative it seemed, but it was up to Leviathan to guess if it was because of her situation or if it was because there was no one present she felt like she needed to keep a good relationship with. 

Ruby just watched as Leviathan did her thing, hiding whatever she thought about it and when she was asked if it was good, she hesitated a bit before letting out a sound of agreement and walking in. In her hesitation there was hint of something that may have indicated that behind it was something more than just pride, but like everything else in her emotional reactions, it disappeared quickly. 

Ruby would lay down, facing the wall, but after being quiet for a moment, she suddenly spoke "What is your end goal? You are going through so much effort, what is it you are after?" "My life? my treasure? are you trying to humiliate me?" "I know you're as selfish and greedy as every other dragon, what is it you are willing to go through so much effort for?" 

--------------------------------------
Nada froze when she heard the door unlocking and someone coming in, it wasn't Serenade, she didn't recognize the hoofsteps, and when the newcomer called out, it only confirmed it. Nada thought quickly, only to realize that only thing she could do is to make herself known, she had no way to leave quietly and quickly, and being as big she was, hiding wasn't an option either. 

If she was able to see the newcomer, Nada would try to go out of the view before she was spotted if it was possible, and/or if she was already out of view, she would carefully call out "Who's there?" 

----------------------------------------------------------
"I wouldn't say I fear such things." Scarecrow said "I know what most think of me and there's no fate I fear." "But you are right that I don't like the idea of showing myself, and the reason is simple, I don't want to cause any unnecessary horror to ponies or any other creature just because I may be curious." he had accepted his fate, because though he had no idea what had happened to him, he was sure it was his own fault in some way, just based on the fact that there's no others like him, because if it had been an accident that could have happened to anyone at any time, there would surely be other victims too. "And if my assumption that I was a pony is correct, one would think I would have sought help from someone known for their magical knowledge, but that's of course assuming my way of thinking was anything like it is now." 

@Blitz Boom

The look from Hogweed gave him the hint, but he couldn't take it back now, there was still that egotism he still had to get over and saying things like that wouldn't help.
"Powerful Illusions and tricks from the Element of Lies, and the Element of Depression saps the joy of others and gives the user more power, in affect similar to changelings."

========================
"He certainly wouldn't expect that, so go right ahead."

Suddenly Astral jerked backwards and fell onto the forest floor, stumbling about before she got upright. "Wow returning to the body is more forceful than I thought!" She brushed off the dust, and looked to the group. "That method would take days to use, we should just report this to the guard and they might be able to help us, or they will handle it themselves."

"But wouldn't finding the elements first be better?"

"We need them to tell us, and seeing how basically nopony alive knows, we can't."

"Except Chariot." Misty blurted out, having not spoken for a while managed to startle Rose.

"Uhm, no chance am I going to him for help with this. He probably can't even sense them in those chains."