Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

It would be wrong of Rising to say he didn't get a little enjoyment out of teasing her about the naming conventions of her spell.  To be fair, it was how Equestria recognized the spell in the law books with only a hoof full of ponies in the land even knowing its true name.  Being uniquely invested in the arts, and a library's worth of spell knowledge locked in his mind, Rising knew better.  "Laws may be a little more... colorful in our lands.  I do agree that our playful rulers may have made some spell's official callings less than noble," the colorful mare herself expressed.  Her twin grunted from his position on the floor, "More amusing though."  Dawn snorted in his direction, if only she could turn him in a slug, "Quiet you, you're part of the problem."  Problem was a little harsh, but true enough Rising may have had a word or two in the naming of some select new spells when the owner wasn't around to do so.  Mostly that fell to Minty, but who was counting.  Scratch that, he knew who was counting.  Making new spells was only a just reoccurring art, but even then mostly on accident, so it wasn't against the detective's more amused outlooks to name something like Oopsie Pocks.

The excitement from Dawn upon hearing her 'request' acknowledged resulted in a delighted squeal that caused Rising to roll to his side to at least shield one ear from his sister.  "Oh how delightful!  It brings me no greater join than to play host to such an important guest in Equestria."  Not likely all that certain the type of accommodations she'd be gifted, but really anything would beat the jail house.  Even the inn kept by the Featherhops wasn't the finest of establishments Equestria had to offer, but it was a good place.  "I'm sure if any new developments occur we can inform the great hero down there rather quickly," Dawn assured her new guest.  Whether by magic or good old fashion pony power, Dawn could track anypony down in Equestria.  "I'm out voted," the detective admitted his defeat flattly, as if expected.  Dawn snorted out a brief giggle, "Oh please, as if you had a vote to begin with.  Lily and I have much to talk about."  A wide grin crossed the mare's face, a hungry grin.  Rising rolled onto his back against before sitting up to get back onto his hoofs.  "I'll leave you in her care then," Rising nodded to his sister.  "When the opportunity presents itself, please let me know, we'll get you home for your daughter and Will'O," he added, this time nodding in Lily's direction.  No rest for the weary.  Rising still needed to check on the Boom siblings and sisters of Troy after all that's happened.  Sleep would have to come later.

@Blitz Boom & @Pastel Heart:

Slimpsy would sigh as the taller filly of the two booped his snout reassuringly. This effect adding to the long droop of his wings that gave him the semblance of a defeated shrug.

"I... know you two are too young yet to realize how just about everything in life can kill you. Mushrooms wouldn't be considered plantlike if they didn't have roots, yes? You just pulled in some random critter from dense forest that proceeded to spew gunk off it then eat its own leavings, yes? Strikes you a bit alarming that any creature would eat what it leaves behind, yes?!!? All wildlife is essentially poisonous you know! Sucking on your hoof? That's self-poisoning you know! The biology textbooks in Equestria might not be steady on facts, but the Medical Reports sure are!

Alls i'm saying Little Immune-systemed Ones, is that you know you might get in trouble for bringing in a wild critter to town that's just shedding Nature?

But... yes. Thank you for the help. You can just wrap the wings around again. Be careful. Pressing too hard can break the wingbones, I hear."

Slimpsy gratefully accepted their help in folding up his wings again like a sleeping bag or bedtime quilt, cringing anytime one of their hooves moved a little too sudden in his direction as if a filly could knock cold a stallion who could dash at mach speeds. As they walked at a more leisurely into town, he would agree reluctantly to the question of his wings.

"Yeah, you could say these are a curse. I certainly didn't ask for them to be this way. It's what you get for meddling in magic. That's what I told my brother, but no. That's where Unicorn thinking gets you."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

B.B's Berry Twist

"Oh, thank you! I could go for a good cuppa! Might even eat the cup too!"

Flit beamed cheerfully after Straw Hat in gratitude, not hiding anything back.

"I'd love ta have a chat, my man! You'll find me quite agreeable, especially if you're willing to just give me thin's right offa tae cuff like that! I'm not the mare breathing heavily and sweating here! But I do suppose I have that effect on ponies!"

He would buzz off after Hat as they went to the backroom, and take a seat readily available in the otherwise empty dining area of the cafe. Idylly, in his usual cheekish manner he'd off-hoof comment to Berry. "So who's this Caramel Twist? Another cute mare you got stashed back there, huh?" Wisecracking, while inevitable with Flit, would probably not help the mare's temper at the moment.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Back at the Police center with B.B's Scarcity, others and @Sekel

Shortstack's ear would twitch in irratation, and admittedly cuteness. While headed away from her, going towards the dining table set up, he would very notably loudly comment back with no restraint but be ignored as per usual by most his siblings. "Least ah ain' the mare tah uncork 'er breat' weapon like she gawt sometin tah prove. Humph."

And meanwhile, Blither would continue his conversation with Scarcity. "Oh, Madam. Don't worry about us, with the amount of chaos we cause we don't deserve any respect! H-heh~

You really could say that I've spent a great deal of my life sorting out the wants and ideals of one part of the brain to another. Kind of comes with needing to be a mediator and with as much time as I've spent in a library lair, heh! It's nice to meet a mare of learning and what must be considerable patience to have gotten some of my siblings this far!"

And somewhere in the background, Sunny would be heard letting loose a small complaint.

"Awh, I want a cuddles! How come you guys never let me keep any toys!? I want my plushie!"

"You leave me alone, Girl! Eat yer supper!"

And with Dazzle's topic leading into Scarcity's attentions too, Blither chimes in too to talk to Dazzle as well in a manner he had hoped to be reassuring.

"Oh, if it is any reconciliation; lost parents are not much rare it seems. We ourselves have never known our parent. As I have read, it is but a twist of fate and that what has been will be but back in our stories or yet to become a part of it again.

After all, not knowing our parent made us what we became today and... that hasn't done too much harm to us. H-heh, though it does explain a lot." The blue, unassuming effeminate stallion would sweatily apoligize in his tone.

Though what would strike a shrewd mare inclined to look for things to take potential advantage of like Scarcity would; would be be Blither uncharacteristically, for his eloquence, make the odd implication that his own parental spawning be singular. With the addition that none of his supposed siblings looked even the slightest bit like each other should raise some curiosity of her own as to what their heritage would be.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Sekel's Dawn Streak

Sourly and distantly, Kaltrop would recant eyes downcast at the kitchen table.

"Well, seems its common practice to use dragon eggs as tests for fillies in their magicky schools. And dragons don't particularly care to keep track of their family trees or ties. But at least that points to me being a pureblood dragon at least.

Anyhow, I was raised in pony cities for a few of my first years. Not long enough to pick up much of any importance. Mostly just how to talk like a pony... enough for the other dragons to notice anyway.   

...and how to do that weird breath thing to send letters with. But not much use for that. Pony lives are too weird for me to figure out. I'm hardwired as dragon and everyone knows ponies and dragons don't get along. If we did, we'd actually live together more often than starting petty little legal squabbles all the time."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Catpone Cerberus

Fortunately, Cerberus would only find the outcropping of rock he was on only jutting a few feet above the sandy badlands grounds and an easy enough climb down. A smooth rock it was, one could think of it as perfect for posing and placing things there of importance, as if that was the sole reason Cerberus had been put there.

It was calm and quiet where he was as if nopony had ever lived here or even planned to live here for absolute ages. It would make it extremely illogical for cats to be gathering here, miles and miles from hospitable enough places for pet cats to be found. As if some unseen narrator was actively and sarcastically preventing Cerberus's cat-based gimmicks from going off again.

Okay, now you're just being Passive-Aggressive with our Meta-Humor now.

Oh shaddup, Me. You're not even written in yet here!

Uh-huh. Just commentating~

Well, carrying on.

Carrying on.

Through the howling Badlands winds, little flurries of red sand breezing past gently, not much would catch Cerberus's cateyes as notable landmarks apart from random smooth rocks jutting out from the sand in typical Badlands environment setting. Some few paces ahead of him, a spot about his size would seem to pop small little stylized lines as if asking him to stand there to achieve a quest for him to follow.

Perhaps blatantly, obviously, begging him to stand there. As if continuing the narrative was fully dependent on him just walking forward a bit more.

Oh, and you complain I'M too Meta!

Shush. It's called providing motivation.

Sure is alot of words for "Step Forward, Please."

Oh bosh, he's not even supposed to hear your words right now. Not yet. Disregard the Pink!

@EQ_Theta

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I appreciate you taking the time to meet me; come, let’s us talk. I take it your experience with this King Thorax will be helpful to me as well?”

"King Thorax was thrust into a position of leadership he were not prepared to hold, and had to face a world his kind had not had good relations with beforehoof, whilst having little to no political skills. I consider it possible to help everyone."

As he were given more or less a non-verbal order to get up and follow Ghilan, by Lin, Rosa would do and move towards the little pit so to speak. He'd do his best to walk carefully and make no sudden movements, just in case it spooked this longma, as he seemed to just about expect the worst to come from all of this. Considering what he knew of the longma in general, this were not really surprising though.

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Let me start by saying my village is suspicious of change, especially of big ones that will greatly alter the way we live and operate. Actually, the longma in general are not open to this idea so readily. They believe that making contact with the outside world is too drastic a move that will bring about new problems that we are not equipped to deal with.”

“If it will help, we have to at least figure out how we can introduce this idea to our village,” Sen added. As much as he is still angry about the sour memories he had when the village stood by and let the previous elder get away with his crimes, he couldn’t wallow in the what ifs and live out a silent form of revenge forever. He believes this opening up to the outside will be good in the long run and the folks back home just need something to convince them. “They’re unsure about all of this; it’s all happening so fast.”

“Even the other elders are concerned, some are angry. I’m already in trouble with them for proposing to make contact with the outside world and they need to be convinced of something doable that doesn’t leave us with a terrible deal. Rosa, can we start with the basics? Something simple to break down what I should expect?” 

"There are a few ways that it could be presented why it would be beneficial for yourself to open up to the outside world, even if you would not at first allow tourists, and only diplomats.

The kinder way to approach this is to talk about the benefits which it can bring you. A strong trade line and connections could help push your society further in its development, regarding things such as knowledge, building materials, and tools, which you likely do not have access to currently. Medicine, books, etc. etc. are all things which could be attained easier were you to reach out to the world, and help your society move forward, rather than grow stagnant.

This however, does not mean to cast away traditions and start using a machines for example. You still chose your own pace, and can eschew certain things that you do not think would blend well with your culture. I can assure you that it is incredibly rare for these connections to push any society towards the exact same level as those they talk with with any degree of haste. Most will understand the need to keep in line with local laws and traditions, and not attempt to change them, as much as to adapt to them as best they can. Those who do not, in general are not good diplomats, and are likely to be replaced upon request.

A small scale, attainable deal I would suggest, would be to make contact to either some dryads, or potentially a tribe of Evergrown. The more flourishing a forest, the higher the chance of either being there, and they are isolated tribes as well. They will understand your plight better, and tend to shun machines in their entirety. They can also be very helpful in maintaining greenery, such as plants you have a hard/long time growing, due to their natural magic affinities. It would both train you in diplomacy with outsiders via a small taste of less numbered groups, as well as help you be prepared to make contact with larger species like ponies, since you'd then have the ability to create a large surplus of things they could have interest in. Rare herbs for example, is a booming, global business.

If nothing I say can entice them, I would bring forth a less than kind subject: That being survival.

I could mention seven diseases off the top of my head which without a cure, could decimate an entire village. Three of those are not contained, and for most, not much of an issue, due to vaccines. Something which have been brought on by science which with all due respect, I find it doubtful you have. Were any of these to hit your area, and you refused to make contact, I can assure you that there were a great chance that all of you would die. Something which would also be the case if a band of marauders came across your area, and decided to burn your forest down, if not worse. And illusions would not protect you. Diseases care not for them, and I can assure you that there are ways to cut through magic, no matter how strong it might be.

There are several rogue factions too, which takes delight in spreading suffering, but I will refrain from saying more about those currently, lest I have to.

The point I am making, is that whilst it might make you somewhat aware to others, were you to make contact, it is far more dangerous for you to remain alone if any of these comes your way, and you have no one to call for help from. And yes, if need be, I could give examples. Trust me when I say that you would not want to hear the details."

Rosa's tone had gone grave, as had his entire message, but he had to try and get the point across here, that it were not wise to remain isolated. For the sake of their society and lives, it were more worthwhile to make contact, even on a limited basis. Really, they wouldn't be the first to have contacts, but decide to heavily limit who entered their areas in a non-political fashion. Certain changelings were much the same.

=============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

Sorrow did a twirl in the air, enjoying the flight before coming around to answering Breeze's question.

"I guess we should go and see Quill first. Oh, oh! No wait. First we go see when the'res ferries going. Then we go see Quill. That way we don't accidentally miss the last one of the day or something. That'd be kinda bad."

Boring at least, that were for sure. Imagine going all that way, and then figure out that they needed to keep flying anyway, because they missed the last boat out. That just wouldn't be very fun. Doubly so since it also meant they had to fly back again, which might be a bit harsh. Quite a bit of way after all, right? Sounded like it anyway, but then again, Sorrow had never been to their end destination before, so what did she know? She could only guess, more or less.

"And if you ever wanna see where I'm from, just lemme know, and I'll give you a personal tour. I'm sure it'd be tons of fun. Though, who's Spitfire? Is that your boss?"

Her knowledge on the Wonderbolts were usually decades old, and as such, Sorrow weren't sure who that mare was. Sounded like somepony important though, if Breeze had to tell her before she went somewhere. A bit weird if it were whenever they wanted to go somewhere though. Wasn't that a bit controlly?

======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Leviathan hadn't read Ruby's expression before, having missed it due to her slumping down some and needing to take a seat to conserve a bit of energy here, before she had to go and do more. Namely finding something that'd make Ruby's seating softer, so that she could relax easier.

23 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"What is your end goal? You are going through so much effort, what is it you are after?" "My life? my treasure? are you trying to humiliate me?" "I know you're as selfish and greedy as every other dragon, what is it you are willing to go through so much effort for?" 

She looked up at Ruby, with genuine, easily readable sadness in her eyes. Though not for herself, no. It were for Ruby, whom she only felt sadder towards as things progressed here, and she learned how deep the wound went.

"I don't want anything from you for this, Ruby. Your treasure, favors, or pride for that matter. I do this because I see you're hurt, and I want to help you get better. There's no cost or hidden agenda to it.

Is it really so hard to believe that there's someone out there who genuinely cares about you?"

How broken were Ruby to be unable to think anything good ever came her way, without she needing to rely on herself to get it? It were true that dragons were individuals, and prided themselves in some fashion on being able to take care of themselves, but Ruby were just showing more and more that she were far beyond what Leviathan were used to seeing. This were the first one whom she honestly thought might try to eat someone, if they came around and asked if they were okay, because she perceived that as a stab at her pride.

"The one who raised me had a saying. *Rely on yourself, but remember the pack*. She understood the need for having your own strength and getting by as best you could on that. Yet just because you're the alpha, doesn't mean that you can't fall back on your pack in a hard time, when things are getting a little too tough to muster on your own.

I've been affected by this pack mentality, so yeah, I look at others of my kind not as enemies or weaklings that needs to be put in place. I see all of you as my brethren, and when one of them are hurt, I want to help. Not because I want anything, but because I care about my own kind. And you more than any others I've met in my long life, despite how much you try to push me away.

I don't know why, but it physically hurts me to see you in pain, Ruby, and I intend on making sure you're comfortable and doesn't overexert yourself while you're getting better. Accept it."

Leviathan were as stubborn as any dragon, even if her priorities were different than most, since she were more of a caring soul towards her own than most, non-family members were. And the look in her eyes as she looked at Ruby pretty much told the tale that unless she were dead, Ruby wouldn't be getting rid off her that easily. And she wouldn't get the storm dragon down that easily.

=====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Oh, you're here! Sweet, Serenade said she wasn't sure if you'd be here or not. Nada, right? My name's Doc Zinger, but everypony just calls me Ziggy."

The doctor calmly bounced forth, not wanting to speed up to spook the other siren. Serenade had told her that she were a bit timid, and that it were best not to freak her out, so she were trying her best to be nice and calm here for the sake of the poor thing. Didn't wanna scare her or anything after all. That wasn't nice, and she wanted to make a good, first impression.

"I'm Serenade's friend and doctor. She told me that there might be another siren staying in her home when I got here, but you don't need to worry none about me. I've sworn that I won't tell a soul, and I've known Serenade for like... A month now roughly. Haven't told anypony a thi- Awh cute, a phoenix. Hey there little fellah!"

Agni were currently standing on a table, watching over things, and had gotten focused on rather quickly once Ziggy bit notice in him. He'd puff out his chest and spread his wings to make himself seem bigger and more dangerous too, since the way Nada had gone into the water, told him that this might be an enemy. And phoenixes had ways of dealing with enemies. Usually they involved charcoal.

@Catpone Cerberus

"You fear what they might think, for their sake, rather than yours? A noble, yet lonely choice my friend. Earth Mother smile upon you."

It sounded pretty rough to her, but in a way, she understood his decision. The ponies were seemingly kind creatures, and as one who wished to protect them, it would not fit in with his philosophy to be the one to scare them with his admittedly ghoulish visage. She just felt saddened that it had to be this way, as it sounded like it would only make him more lonely, and as one who had suffered the gnawing sensation of loneliness for a time, she could attest to the fact that it were not a kind experience.

"As for your assumption... Perhaps you once did seek help, yet received none? Or this is the result of said help? Perhaps this growth keeping you alive, is the result of something intended to save you?

You say you cannot remember that far back, yet what is the furthest that you can? What memory comes first, if you think back as far as your mind will take you? Perhaps there lies clues within that, as minute as it may seem."

It were a long shot, though what else could she offer? At best to go see the princess in his stead, and ask about the affliction that had befallen him, and that were about it at this stage, yes? Potentially she could arange a meeting, though he'd have to agree to that. As a residence of this forest, he were as much his responsibility to care for and help, as any elk or even deer. A peculiar race whom had found her presence to be alarming at first, yet they had gotten a long, thorough talk, and they had tentatively accepted her presence, long as she stayed away from their young. Unless one of them were lost, of course. That were the only exception, and she had understood and agreed to things as they put it, beyond this small addition to the rules. She were an intruder upon their domain at the time after all. It were up to her to respect them and their boundaries.

============================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"One of those we know how to spot then. but the Element of Lies sounds more troubling. The whole point of illusions are often that you cannot tell that something is wrong. This is going to be difficult to handle on our own."

Dew scratched his chin. This were getting troubling already, and sadly, he knew what were gonna be said before Hogweed even took it up. Which were why he raised a hoof to halt her just as her muzzle opened. Something which did not stop the colonel though.

"We may need to consider slacking his leash a little then."

"His chains will not be slacked any further, until we have an efficient way of detaining him without them."

Dew wanted to say something, yet were halted by a look from Screecher that seemed to bore straight through him. He knew better than to interrupt her when she glared like that.

"I have been in contact with our own, resident witches in town, and have been told that come evening today, a ceremony will take place to bring back one whom knows how to handle the prisoner. After that have completed, we will have our precaution, and I will reconsider my stance on the matter. Until then, I do not budge on this topic."

"I... I guess that's fair, though please tell me she isn't given free reigns? Chariot is showing great progress in his reformation efforts, and I don't want him to be pushed around by somepony who doesn't like him, after all of this. Especially not if he does nothing."

"The law is the law, and it will be followed. By everypony involved. Now unless there are something more we need to know that is urgent about these things, perhaps you'd do best in returning the prisoner to his cell, so that he can rest up. I can imagine tonight will be busy for him, if things goes according to plan."

Chariot should know that they were talking about returning Sapphire to life, and might have some words about that, though they better not be along the lines of *Like that's gonna stop me. I could kill her*, since then he'd definitely not be let loose from his chains with any sort of ease.

===================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

11 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

Suddenly Astral jerked backwards and fell onto the forest floor, stumbling about before she got upright. "Wow returning to the body is more forceful than I thought!"

Chow were up and right in front of her before she even got through her first sentence, looking her over with a worried expression on his face. He'd been mighty concerned that something had suddenly gone wonky, or that there were some sorta side effect, though thankfully as she went on, it didn't look like it.The relief in his eyes over that as he met hers, were so obvious that a blind stallion could see it, though it wasn't something new. He always seemed to care too darn much about her, despite how often it ended with him getting a right smacking.

11 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

"Except Chariot." Misty blurted out, having not spoken for a while managed to startle Rose.

"Uhm, no chance am I going to him for help with this. He probably can't even sense them in those chains."

"If uhm... He's still wearing them."

And now the look went from worry to awkward, as he raised a hoof to the back of his head and averted his eyes away from Astral. This were probably not gonna get pretty...

"Look, I didn't know how to bring this up, but y'see... 'Bout a half week after he got into the slammer, some lieutenant came 'round the shop and said that she had taken him on for reformation. Y'know, like Discord. She asked me to pass it along to you, but I know how everything with Chariot gets a mighty tension going and... I dunno how it's going, but he might not be as restrained as you would've liked."

Hopefully she wouldn't do something too bad to him over this, considering Emerald had told her that she had to lure him along to Sapphire's awakening ritual, since she needed his body to resurrect her. A bit of info that she'd have over him, but she might still - rightly so - feel a bit miffed about this whole thing. Or she had been scrying on Chariot and knew already, making this kinda dumb. Witches, right?

================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

So it seemed like they were in agreement then, even if Rising did not seem to be all too thrilled about it. Still, he could not get his will all the time, and when it came to her accommodations, she were frankly happier that he were not in charge of it the second time around, or he might have had her trapped in a cookie jar or something. A sarcastic thought mostly, yet in his case, she weren't entirely convinced.

"When I have news of some importance, you will be told. You should return to your home and rest while you can. I imagine that in time, you will end up somewhat busy again."

It would be her parting words to the retreating detective. Soon as he were gone, Lily would turn to the mare in charge of her now, and give her a serious look that seemed to indicate that playtime were over now, and it were time for the adults to speak.

"I gave you my word that I would repay you in knowledge, and now that he is gone, I can imagine you'd want to begin collecting on that, yes? What does your heart desire to know, young lady?"

Something told her that there would not be much rest for her, considering Dawn likely would have questions and such now, yet she were okay with that. It weren't like she could get herself to sleep, considering the mess that Blighteye and the others had roped her daughter into. She would make sure that if as much as a single hair on her mane were damaged, he would feel her wrath in full, no matter if she well knew why Sickle had been picked for this task. Knowing did not make it any easier to accept the risks involved.

As for Rising, he would find that the sisters and the Boom siblings could be found at separate locations. The sisters currently at the inn, where Null were having a nap and Void were helping around cleaning, as she hadn't felt right about not contributing something for the rooms, and as such had volunteered to give a hoof where it were needed. It helped make her feel better, and calm down a little.

Regarding the Boom siblings, they were in the workshop, as expected. All the wood that were scattered there earlier would be found in nice piled, beneath a trap next to the building, making for quite an impressive pile of firewood. They would likely not have to think about this for months on end again, which they'd probably enjoy. Left them more time to work on whatever their little hearts desired.

================================================================================

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

3 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"I... know you two are too young yet to realize how just about everything in life can kill you. Mushrooms wouldn't be considered plantlike if they didn't have roots, yes? You just pulled in some random critter from dense forest that proceeded to spew gunk off it then eat its own leavings, yes? Strikes you a bit alarming that any creature would eat what it leaves behind, yes?!!? All wildlife is essentially poisonous you know! Sucking on your hoof? That's self-poisoning you know! The biology textbooks in Equestria might not be steady on facts, but the Medical Reports sure are!

Alls i'm saying Little Immune-systemed Ones, is that you know you might get in trouble for bringing in a wild critter to town that's just shedding Nature?

But... yes. Thank you for the help. You can just wrap the wings around again. Be careful. Pressing too hard can break the wingbones, I hear."

"So this sorta thing isn't normal for the Everfree Forest? Daddy told me that all sorts of weird creatures lives out here."

Granted, an owl that somehow grew mushrooms - which it then ate - might be a little too weird, but well... They got sent out here on a quest by a bunch of flowers. Cloud really weren't the weirdest thing she'd seen today in this area.

The young owl in question also seemed to have had his fill, and as the mushrooms had been lossened, would flap back up and make himself comfortable on Pastel's head, before seemingly dozing off. It appeared as if whatever the deal were with him, he were perfectly comfortable with Pastel, and had no intentions of leaving her. Hopefully it would not be a problem for her grandpa, but they'd see, yes? All things in due time, though for now, they had a pegasus with massive wings to deal with first.

"Well, even if he's a little special, Cloud doesn't seem to wanna harm anypony. Just look at that cute little face. I'm sure he's not poisonous, and I don't know any pony that are either. I think you might've read a book wrong mister?"

Ponies weren't naturally poisonous, right? That were just silly talk. Yeah, it had to be. No need to think about that. Especially not since they had a lot of work to do, trying to help this pony with his massive wings. Big wings were pretty cool normally, but this were way, Way too much to be good. It was kinda sad actually, as it must be hard for the poor stallion to deal with them normally.

As one who herself had wings, and grew up around parents who did so too, Jelly would be careful whilst helping the stallion wrap his wings up again, and mostly grabbed hols of feathers instead of touching his skin beneath, or push on wings. Normally wing damage could be painful, but with wings like this, it had to be more dangerous or painful in some way, right? Hard to really see an upside to them so far.

"Yeah, you could say these are a curse. I certainly didn't ask for them to be this way. It's what you get for meddling in magic. That's what I told my brother, but no. That's where Unicorn thinking gets you.

"Daddy says it's dangerous to meddle with magic unless you know what you're doing. Maybe somepony who knows stuff better, can help you with your curse, mister?"

========================================================================================

@Widdershins

"Oh, thank you! I could go for a good cuppa! Might even eat the cup too!"

"I wouldn't recommend it. They're made of solid oak."

The stallion kept yapping on after that, but Straw more or less just tuned out what he were saying, and went on his way getting a few cookies and stuff in the kitchen, whilst Berry prepared the drinks of choice. She might be a little... Mentally unstable, but she were the best barista he had ever hired, and once you learned how to work around her quirks, it really wasn't so hard to enjoy her company. Just had to try not to encourage her about certain things, and keep her mind focused on the work whilst she were on the clock.

"So who's this Caramel Twist? Another cute mare you got stashed back there, huh?"

"It's a variant of coffee, that's more sweet that even the usually sweet caramel latte's. And it takes a professional to get it done right."

Sure, the black coffee for her boss, and pumpkin spice latte for herself were perhaps not looking like much, but the caramel one took finesse. It were about the right blend of caramel into the mixture, then twirling it the right way, adding more sugar and what looked like sugar - the sedative - into the mix, whilst ensuring that the pattern in the cup remained a smooth, swirly pattern like it were some sort of fancy ice cream. Honestly, the pattern didn't really matter all that much for the taste to most, since they claimed it all just got mixed up in their muzzle anyway, but she took pride in her work, and highly disagreed. She swore that she could taste the difference, and even if you couldn't, the visuals were important too. You wouldn't eat or drink something that looked gross, right?

usually she enjoyed getting into her work like this, but ergh... She just wasn't feeling it yet, what with this guy really getting on her nerve after how he treated poor Chippy.

Still, she'd serve the coffee's when they were ready, which were about the same time that Straw returned with the cookies.

He'd sit down in front of his decaff, and unless something happened, would take a good, long sip from it.

"Now then, might I ask who you are young man, and what brings you to be so pushy towards others? I take it there i a story behind it, as there so often are."

@Widdershins @Sekel

"Oh, Madam. Don't worry about us, with the amount of chaos we cause we don't deserve any respect! H-heh~

You really could say that I've spent a great deal of my life sorting out the wants and ideals of one part of the brain to another. Kind of comes with needing to be a mediator and with as much time as I've spent in a library lair, heh! It's nice to meet a mare of learning and what must be considerable patience to have gotten some of my siblings this far!"

How peculiar. The way he talked about it, it sounded more like this pony were less of a mediator, and perhaps more akin to the dominating voice in a hivemind. Now, these ponies were far to chaotic to be part of that, as hiveminded changelings usually worked in better unison, yet the wording chosen still made her think that perhaps there were more here than the eye could see. She'd need to keep a close eye on things as they proceeded, and act accordingly, whilst keeping her suspicions to herself. Hmhm. Reminded her of one of her auctions already.

"Maintaining a profitable antiques store entails knowing how to communicate with many varied beings, usually over a prolonged period of time. Though I assure you, I am not attempting to sell anything to you or your family. I merely mention where I have honed my conversationalist skills."

Granted, they had far more use on the black market than here, were the customers were considerably more dangerous if they felt slighted, but there were really no reason to bring that up now, were there? The only one in this room who knew of that sort of thing being orchestrated by her, beyond herself, were her sister. And Stare would not tell lest it were tortured out of her. And if anypony went to such lengths to make her sister talk, Scarcity had quite the gruesome ways of gaining her vengeance. Certain lines one did not cross with her, and the gravest one of them regarded her beloved sister.

As for here, she increased her smile some, as to indicate that she were joking with Blither, just as the next stream of family talking began anew.

What really began to give some insight though, were when he began to speak with their curious hybrid friend. Mentioning once your parent in a singular manner were one thing, but several times made it appear far more deliberate, and if taken at face value, would present some interesting options.

Changelings were one, as they tended to only think of their queen as their parent, regardless of the fertilization process, yet these didn't strike her as changelings. A little too... Rowdy, one could say. Not impossible of course though. Just seemed less likely in her opinion.

The second option were more wide ranging, which were that they had all been created. If one had done so out of magic or - if gods were willing - these were actually the most advanced golems she had ever encountered, it could answer how they were so physically odd. The midget with the strength of a pony at least ten times his size. A colossus of a mare. One who seemed to be carved out of living granite, and so on and so forth.

This options truly intrigued her. It were not easy to find a good golem maker, and something this realistic? What she would not give to have a working relationship with such a being. But she were getting ahead of herself. She needed to know more, and for the time being, that would come from observing them, and seeing what would happen. Including when the last two would eventually join up with them, and present their own, undoubtedly strange quirks.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

Pastel just smiled as Slimpsy went on. He was interesting, super paranoid, but interesting! She happily trotted alongside the two back to the familiar sight of Ponyville, Cloud sleeping on her.

"I don't think Cloud is dangerous! I think gramps will be thrilled for me to bring a friend home! As long as he eats mushrooms and doesnt drink all of grandpas beer then everything will be fine."

Pastel had an extra spring in her step. She went from no friends to 3 friends in one day! Was this an RPG? beginning of a great adventure!? That would mean the village would burn down... hopefully that wouldn't happen.

Feeling a little mischevious, Pastel smirked at Jelly with no context to her expression before looking up at Slimpsy as they walked, giving a troublemakers grin.

"Soooo big guy, which one of us do ya think is cuter~? It's not every day you get to meet two dazzling heroines like us! So who has more points?"

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins
The unseen narrator clearly had forgotten that wild cats exist, and regardless of its efforts, some would appear regardless of where Cerberus was. It of course doesn't always have any meaning regarding his journey, but they will be present, doing cat things on the background.... Cerberus shook his head, he could swear he had just heard someone arguing somewhere, but he couldn't remember what it was about and couldn't locate the sound, so he just continued forward, listening to music that didn't exists and had no source. 

He noticed the conveniently marked location and would carefully poke it without actually stepping in, and he would do this until something either happened or he got bored. In latter case he would finally step in. 

-----------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom
Facing the wall, Ruby couldn't see Leviathan's expression, not that it would have changed anything anyway knowing her. "If I didn't know better I would think you're a pony in disguise." she scoffed, not sounding quite as prideful as she usually did "But even ponies don't help for sake of helping, they seek personal validation when they help someone." "I didn't actually expect you to tell the truth, that would be stupid, to reveal one's plan." she clearly didn't believe that Leviathan didn't have ulterior motives. 

She then said something in her own language before going back to language that Leviathan could understand "What exactly it translates to doesn't matter, but it's what I always heard when I complained about something to my mother, I didn't realize how easy my life was back then, so I hated her for it, until I was thrown out of course, because then I realized she was right." "There was nobody to listen my complaining, no one to offer help, quite the opposite." "And now you want me to believe that you from all creatures would care less?" she let out a bit of smoke "As if."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ziggy..Ziggy...." Nada thought out loud "She may have mentioned something about you yes..." she did remember hearing the name somewhere, not that it necessarily mattered, since the indication that Ziggy knew about Serenade's true nature meant that Serenade most likely trusted her. She then noticed Agni "It's okay Agni, I just got caught off guard." last thing she wanted was hostile phoenix inside the house.

She came more into view but she stayed above the water for now...just in case "Yes, I'm Nada, and this is Agni..." she pointed at Agni "...I met him when I had to stop him form attacking Fah'lina, I don't know what exactly happened but he doesn't like her."  "It's nice to meet you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All of those are possibilities." Scarecrow agreed  with a nod "And my earliest memory..." he thought for a second "...it's hard to tell what exactly is my earliest memory, as my memories have blended together with time, but ignoring things like specific words or such non-helpful details that I know I haven't learned in the forest, and based on the state of my body.....I'd say the earliest thing I remember is when my body was still actively rotting, the wings had just started growing, and my face and hairs had already fallen off." "I was already in the forest and...." he paused "...let's just say that it's  around the time I first learned I can't die." "I can't remember any actions or such details but I do remember the realization and the emotions related to my rotting state." 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

“Benefits? I’m not sure if we have anything worth offering. Our forest is our home and I’m afraid if I start opening that to outsiders, they’ll see it as an opportunity to take and take without giving anything of worth back. What we have around us are gifts of nature and it will take several lifetimes to restore them if they are being taken away.” 

“Which is why Rosa suggested we try reaching out to the Dryads or the Evergrown. The way they are likely to appear in a well-kept forest means they will understand how much we emphasize caring for nature’s gifts. I know we still have our suspicions about magic given our past but we can’t keep living in fear of the what ifs. Sen and I could no longer overlook that since we have to live with some form of magic and the folks back home are slowly growing accustomed to it as well.” 

The elder weighed his options and he spent minutes silent after Rosa said his piece. The lattermost matters were what gave him pause. Diseases that could not be cured by simple remedies, the lack of knowledge on this so called “medicine,” survival from threats visible and invisible… Those were just the tip and some of those things hit close to home. If the experience with rogue magic and a twisted mind like Solasan’s taught him anything, it was how quickly he was able to consolidate his power without anyone catching it sooner. Then there are the incurable diseases that have claimed several lives over the years and how families would just have to accept it. 

Warding off intruders has served them well for decades on end but exiling Sen and Lin and forcing them out into the world beyond the forest might have already drawn attention to the longma. Sooner or later, someone’s going to be snooping around to find out more. The thestral has made his points known, and they could no longer be denied. One way or another, he’s right. Even now the elder is formulating some kind of plan to better get these ideas across to the other elders back home but those have their own roadblocks as well. 

“Alright, you’ve convinced me, especially with the more ominous reasons,” Ghilan nodded and cast off some of his doubts. “I admit the others back home are still unsure about this, especially the other elders. Maybe we can start small and look to those who may already be in the forest with us. How can I do that? And who would I need to turn to in order to represent us best?”

"And if I may ask, how would you respond to this question, Rosa? Chances are I will be hearing it. 'The outsiders' problems are not ours. Why should I be concerned if opening ourselves to the outside will expose us to problems we wouldn't have to deal with?'"

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Chariot sighing as he could sense the hooves being set down on the subject of the chains, especially since they just said they wouldn't budge
"She is an enemy of mine, but we'd be aligned on finding the elements of disharmony at least, doesn't sound like I have a say either way however"
=====================================================

The concern over her was rather appreciated as Astral chuckled to herself
"I'm good Chow, I haven't done that before is all."

But then he kept talking, reformation? She looked to the side as she processed this information, in a strange way Chariot would have never been reformed if she never let him free, she shook her head, looking at Chow. "Very well, maybe this Shadow Streak also deserves a chance at good too." An unexpected response, to be sure, as Rose looked really caught off guard.

"Isn't he your enemy? A-and Shadow Streak really couldn't be reformed-"

"Yes but if he's been reformed obviously it's because he shows promise, and I only want to consider Shadow open to change, not that you should ever get back with him if that happens."

Something boiled inside Rose, she was silent for a while after, as Astral wandered around- "Well we should go back to tell the guard about Shadow, make this easier on us." Astral nodded and stood near, along with Misty, assuming Chow would step near, they would be off at Canterlot, arriving at a plaza.

@Blitz Boom

“Spitfire is the captain of the Wonderbolts” Windy said “I don't want her think about me not going to the academy. I'm part of the official squad, and that means I had to tell her why I didn't come to the practice. I should tell her after our adventure. She wasn't so tight afterall” she continued. She added the last part so Sorrow wouldn't think of her captain is a tight bossy boss. Her mind went to the other subject “That's a good idea. I don't know when will the ship going for Coltagan will arrive” she took notice a gloomy cloud nearby “I wonder why there's only one rain cloud” she whispered to herself. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

"Sounds like there's a lotta things to think about when you're a Wonderbolt. Hehe, hopefully she won't have a problem with it because you have to go to some sorta show. I hear the Wonderbolts do that a lot. Never seen it, but with the fun trick you did before, I bet they're spectacular."

Air shows wasn't really something she partook in, nor sought out, as she tended to have things to do that put her at odds with being there on the times when it did. Perhaps one of these days, she should try and make a bit of time for it? Seeing the little one that Breeze did had quite an effect on Legion already, so perhaps a full fledged show were just the sorta thing they'd like. Had to be a schedule she could look up later or something, but all things in due time. No need to rush this, when they had loads of other things to do.

10 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

she took notice a gloomy cloud nearby “I wonder why there's only one rain cloud” she whispered to herself. 

Sorrow bit notice in the cloud too, and halted so that she could get a bit closer. She weren't touching it though... Yet, though the urge were clear to see in her eyes.

"This is kinda cool. Strolling rain cloud, all on its own. I wonder what it's doing all the way out here.

...Should we poke it?"

===========================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Screecher's eyes were narrowed on the disgraced general as he spoke. Almost seemed like she were attempting to drill a hole straight through him with those eyes of hers.

"You're right. You don't. It falls under a degree of importance I have yet to be convinced you've earned the right to decide on."

This stallion were a disgrace to the uniform he once wore, and as one who took her position incredibly serious, Screecher had a hard time finding much in the way of sympathy for Chariot. Yet she were also bound by her own strict admission to the law, so if he showed progress, she wouldn't go against that out of simple spite. The law were the law after all, and their rehabilitation programs were set in place under those.

Dew were less strict, but he understood her reasons. Chariot were a sore spot on their history, and though he could find some sympathy towards him, considering what brought him into that disgrace in the first place, there were still troubling feelings about him, considering his actions. Both then and later, when he got free from his prison.

"I think that's enough for the time being. Lieutenant? Please escort Chariot back to his cell, or the training center as needed, and we'll let you know once we've prepared the necessary precautions. And Chariot?"

The older general met Chariot's eyes. A worry seemed to be within the greying stallions gaze, yet he did not have the hardness within that Screecher did.

"I've kept up with the reports of your progress. Keep it going as promising as you do so far, and don't attempt anything stupid in the days ahead here, and you might find that we'd be more open to be lenient on your... Predicament."

Screecher did not look thrilled at hearing this, but then again, she generally just didn't. She always looked like she were thinking about something important, and didn't have the time for frivolous activities. At least on the job, it were seen as exceedingly rare to find her smiling. Still, she nodded in agreement to what had been said, then towards the group, before finally turning her back on them to go back at looking over some papers she had been shifting through earlier.

"Colonel, I'd like a word with you before you leave though."

The colonel nodded, the private scuttled away, and Hogweed did a salute before guiding Chariot out, unless he had something to say before leaving. If he did not, and followed (or if he followed after saying something) she'd wait until the door to the general's office were closed, before letting out a sigh, and turning to him with a worried, yet hopeful little smile going over her face.

"It wasn't perfect, but... They're listening, that's uhm... That's important. And it wounds like you could get the chains off soon, even when not under observation by your enemy, whoever that is. Maybe if everything goes well, and you prove how you're as good a pony as I know you can be, we could think about parole a lot sooner than I feared. That'd be nice, right?

I uhm... Wish you hadn't talked about... Y'know, in there. I know it were just to try and make an example, but it's a little concerning to hear."

============================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Okay, so Astral wasn't turning him into a snail, and seemed to embrace the idea quite a bit actually, to include the twerp they were chasing down now. If he had known that she wouldn't have taken it all that harsh from the start, he wouldn't have been so nervous about spitting the beans on this.

14 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

"Isn't he your enemy? A-and Shadow Streak really couldn't be reformed-"

"Yes but if he's been reformed obviously it's because he shows promise, and I only want to consider Shadow open to change, not that you should ever get back with him if that happens."

"Eh, Discord got reformed. I'm willing to believe that everyone got a bit of a chance, however small. Doesn't mean we won't be going with a bit of molding first off though. Gotta soften up the target before we can start rebuilding, eh?"

He'd give a grin towards Rose, whilst holding up a hoof to show what sorta softening up he were referring to. He figured she'd look a bit more happy about that, but she sorta seemed more... Frazzled? Maybe she were just worried that he'd break parole and go stalk her or something. He could see that being a tangible sort of thing to be concerned about when it came to a bad-news-ex like Shadow.

14 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

"Well we should go back to tell the guard about Shadow, make this easier on us."

Whelp, time to bounce it seemed. A small distance crossed so that he'd be right over near Misty and Astral, and he should be within range for t- Yep, there they went. Right smack down in the plaza, for several eyes to see. Which were gonna look real nice considering none of 'em had a horn.

So in a sort of effort to try and make it look like they might've gotten there by the help of another, he'd try and say something out into the air to sort of give a plausible deniability vibe.

"Mighty nice of ''er to give us a lift, though this here's not the best place to drop us off. Oh well, let's get on, eh?"

He'd grin to Astral, whilst silently praying that she did not do something dumb, like flat out say that she were the one who ported them there. Might be the higher ups were fine with her and her family for the time being, but witchery were still technically outlawed, and getting word spread around would en up biting them in the flank, regardless of whatever or not they had been given a free pass from the generals.

==============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 5/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Alright, you’ve convinced me, especially with the more ominous reasons,” Ghilan nodded and cast off some of his doubts. “I admit the others back home are still unsure about this, especially the other elders. Maybe we can start small and look to those who may already be in the forest with us. How can I do that? And who would I need to turn to in order to represent us best?”

"And if I may ask, how would you respond to this question, Rosa? Chances are I will be hearing it. 'The outsiders' problems are not ours. Why should I be concerned if opening ourselves to the outside will expose us to problems we wouldn't have to deal with?'"

"That is the point when visual representation will need to come into play. If you would excuse me for a moment."

Rosa would go over to the crate that had been retrieved earlier, and dragged it over with him, and placed it about a meter in front of the elder, before opening it, and taking something out: A small vial - around the size of a thimble - almost filled with a green liquid that carried a feint purple taint.

"This is bugbear venom. A creature with the mass of an ursa, yet wings and stingers of a giant wasp. They're highly aggressive, and due to recent years of their usual areas being enroached upon, they're also starting to migrate further and further out, to places where you'd normally never see them.

This, is roughly the amount that are in a regular injection of toxin, and they can generally sting at least three dozen individuals before they run out of toxin, depending on their size. The effects? You will instantly fall into a deep slumber, which you will wake from two days later. However, that is only if I apply a drop. What happens after an actual bugbear injection begins the same, yet once you wake up, you will have only 4-6 hours before your entire system goes into high overdrive, and the resulting multiple system failures are not survivable, once they have started. Without the antivenom, there is virtually no chance of surviving it."

Next he'd take up what might seem like a spear head, yet if you looked closely, were actually the tip of a large tooth.

"Another migratory race, are the deepwyrm. This souvenir you see here, are from one of the smallest of it's teeth, and said tooth were still three times as large as I were. These creatures dig around, looking for prey, which historically have been dragons, as well as any other, dragon-like entity. To these hulking goliaths, the longma will be little more than wingless dragons. Which means easy prey. There are professionals that track both of these species and help redirect them from settlements, but as you aren't known, your area is more likely to have one directed there as it is seen as a safe place with no inhabitants."

After that had been returned, Rosa would take one of the wrapped up items in there, and unfolded it carefully, to show off a beautiful, woven collar with incomprehensible runes on the inside, glowing an ominous, green color.

"I would like to state for the record, that I would never personally use this, and only have it because I did not want to risk it being reused, hence why I stole it. I hope to one day have it directed to the proper authorities that can use it as evidence against the ones who created it, and then with some luck, they will have the decency to destroy it afterwards.

This item have many names, though generally speaking, it is best referred to as a *Slave Collar*. Inscribed with mind-numbing magic, along with a code of sorts, to ensure that the one wearing it will follow the orders blindly, of the one who last cast the matching imprint spell. Enslaving higher sentience beings are strictly forbidden by most governing bodies in the world, however there are still slavers out there making well use of this, and they have found a loophole in certain countries. That being the definition of a higher sentient race.

Were you known, anyone seen with one of you in tow wearing this, would be imprisoned for several years as a bare minimum, and you'd be freed on the spot. As you are unknown to most however, they would have an easy enough time simply writing you off as violent beasts in the more lenient countries, with collars there to make sure that you did not go on a rampage.

And before you begin to think that this will not be a problem as long as you remain hidden, let me inform you that the Kitsune once thought the same. As a result, as soon as some groups heard of their existence, they trapped and enslaved some, before using them to lure more individuals out to become property. This remained a problem until they sent messengers to Neighpon, and finally had their side of the story told, at which point immediate and harsh actions were taken against the slavers.

The Kitsune remains elusive and hidden, not allowing those they don't want there in their towns, but they are still known, and send their diplomats around to ensure the connections remain intact, to avoid situations like this from happening again. And I can assure you, that if the strongest illusionist race currently known of cannot avoid being found out in the long run by the wrong beings, the longma will not stand a chance."

Again came the grave tone, yet this time, he felt like it were time to put a little more into the show and tell, as he locked eyes with Ghilan and stared unblinkingly, whilst talking in a very serious, direct tone.

"Realize this: Your kind is known about now, from those seeing your exiles wandering among them. It Will draw the eye of some, and you are fools if you think that all of them will be from being who only have curiosity, or your own best at heart. Either you start making connections and set boundaries early on, or you will be found, and one way or another, end up suffering the consequences of your shortsightedness."

They only had themselves to blame really. Had they never exiled members of their kind, they were likely to have not been known about at all for a while longer, and only had to worry about the rest. Which were still a substantial amount of threats. With their choice made though, there were others who knew of them now, and in time, some of the more ruthless would see them as an opportunity. A fresh race with no rights, ready to be taken advantage of, were a thrilling prospect for several high profile, international criminals.

"So, start making connections to the dryads and/or evergrown, whom will respect your ways and boundaries a lot, whilst being able to help you with both defense, and further growth of the things you'd need from the land. Later on, when things have been well established between you, you will need to send couriers out into the world with messages, asking for an audience with a representative of their government. Depending on what continent your people reside on, I can direct you towards a few if need be.

Now then, are things somewhat clearer after this presentation, Elder Ghilan?"

===================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you don't believe a word I say,t hen it doesn't matter what I tell you, does it? I've told you the truth, because I see no reason to lie to you, and like it or not, that's just the fact. Deny it if you want to. In the meantime, I'm going to get something that'll serve as a better layer to sit on than the rubble in here." If you want something chased towards this place, need water, or anything else, just call, okay?"

Perhaps in time, Ruby would understand that Leviathan were genuine, but for the time, it seemed like she'd just have to let her actions speak for themselves, and then see how long Ruby would stay in denial.

Honestly, the only somewhat ulterior motive she had with this, were that she were more of a pack dragon, and as such liked to be around others of her own kind. That hardly counted as a sinister motive, and especially not since she meant every word she said before. At worst, it were a happy bonus. Or in Ruby's case, a large, cranky bonus.

As it were, unless Ruby had more to say, Leviathan would leave, and be gone for about twenty minutes, provided she were not called for.

In case she were asked to bring something, she'd get it here, or chase it into the cave for Ruby to do with what she wanted, but if there were nothing, she'd be back around thirty minutes later with an absolutely huge patch of thick moss in tow that seemed to have been methodically cut from a large patch - her skinning skills had many uses, and she had gotten lucky - and a hollowed out tree trunk filled with water, that she dragged across the ground with her tail. The former would be dragged in first, and laid out as best she could, to show as a softer layer for Ruby to take if she wanted to, whilst the trunk of water were second. It were heavy, and she were trying to conserve magic, so it took a little time. Give her a break.

She also brought the skin from earlier, now proper dried up, which were laid on top of the moss. Just in case that felt better for Ruby to lay on, despite it by far not being enough to cover her entire body. Could be a nice rest for her head or something, maybe.

"This should work. Better than the cold rocks anyway.

Are you feeling okay so far, Ruby?"

==========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 5/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It's okay Agni, I just got caught off guard."

Agni slowly lowered his wings, and took a more regal, neutral stance. Seemed like this wasn't an enemy after all, even if she looked like she could be. Then again, everyone could be, when they wandered into his siren's territory. You could never be sure until you knew otherwise.

He'd jump away as she approached though, not feeling like wanting to be touched by a stranger right now. A message which she seemed to get the hint for, as Ziggy stopped approaching after the first couple of jumps back, when it seeped into her brain that just maybe, Agni wasn't feeling it right now. Considering what she knew of phoenixes, it were probably best not to push it then, as that might lead to fire, and she didn't want Serenade to come back to a burned down house. She'd be a horrible friend if she allowed that to happen.

On 5/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Yes, I'm Nada, and this is Agni..." she pointed at Agni "...I met him when I had to stop him form attacking Fah'lina, I don't know what exactly happened but he doesn't like her."  "It's nice to meet you."

Who had to time focus on him either, once Nada got in sight, and Ziggy's smile widened in glee.

"Awh, aren't you a big, cuddly girl? Not as big as Serenade, but still pretty big."

The urge for siren hugs were rising, but she kept herself contained, if only barely for the time being.

"Fah'lina's taking a nap right now, but I'm sure it's not so bad as you say. They just need to have a nice sit to chat about things. You know, somewhere less flammable I guess. Serenade's gonna be real sad if she comes back and her house burned down.

A-N-Y-Way, how're you doing? Feeling good? I could have a looksie if you're not feeling well. I learned a lot about how sirens work via Serenade."

@Catpone Cerberus

"I hope that you do not take this the wrong way, but I pity you, for having that as one of your first memories. The thought alone sounds horrendous, and yet here you have been, living through it. Whatever your past might have been, such a fate sounds far too cruel for any being to have to go through. Not to mention what sounds as if you suffered a grievous attack, if it tested your mortality. Must the cruelty you have faced have no end?"

Lyriel had instinctively taken her hoof to her face as Scarecrow talked about his own melting off, not even noticing the action before she felt the bark impact her cheek. At that point, she would hastily return it to the ground, yet the mental imagine of what it must have been like to feel your own face melt off were clearly still haunting her, judging by the troubled look on her face.

"I don't know if somehow, some day, the process can be reverted, and you can once again become who and what you once were, but I will pray to the Earth Mother that it will. You have a kind soul, Scarecrow. You do not deserve to be burdened with a fate so cruel, that even death does not collect his toll."

She were honestly a little frazzled, and didn't feel all that good, so she needed a little to process what she had been told for the time being. A time when the duckling would start to nibble her mane in a vain attempt to distract her. A valid effort, yet it still took several minutes before the gloomy thoughts began to pass, and she felt ready to raise a hoof to caress the head feathers of this little being, whom had now listened to something she hoped he did not understand.

"Does it never trouble you, what have befallen you?"

===============================================================================

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

On 5/5/2020 at 3:32 AM, Pastel Heart said:

"I don't think Cloud is dangerous! I think gramps will be thrilled for me to bring a friend home! As long as he eats mushrooms and doesnt drink all of grandpas beer then everything will be fine."

"It sorta looks like he enjoys sleeping on you, and makes his own food, so he's probably really cheap as a pet too. I think birds like... Bowls of water or something, so maybe he needs a bowl? I dunno. Only pet I've ever had is Gary, and he usually hunts himself."

As if called upon, Gary would finally come out of his hiding space in her mane, where he had been and freaking out by trying to put more and more of Jelly's mane over himself, to stay hidden. Between the owl, running, feather explosions out of nowhere, and lots of yelling, he were unsure what went on, and felt like he really had to seek cover to stay out of sight. Wasn't until now that things finally calmed down enough for him to cautiously take a few steps out with those long, fuzzy legs of his.

(if Slimpsy tries to flatten him, he'll just hit Jelly. Gary's fast when it comes to crawling around on Jelly to avoid getting hit)

Whilst Pastel skipped along, she'd find that with every skip, Cloud would bounce a little in tact with her, and let out a small coo every time she hit the ground. Didn't seem like he were waking up though, so this might be a weird instinct thing, or just to do with her movements pressing on his lunges in the right way whilst he tried to sleep. It were hard to say with regular owls, and this one were a weird case.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:32 AM, Pastel Heart said:

"Soooo big guy, which one of us do ya think is cuter~? It's not every day you get to meet two dazzling heroines like us! So who has more points?"

"Nuhuh, you can be the cute one. I wanna be tough and strong. Like a... Like a general in their shining armor or something. Or daddy, though I don't think I can get that huge muscles."

@Blitz Boom

“I guess we still have enough time to poke around clouds” Windy approach the cloud. She look at her, unsure whether she should touch the cloud or not. Just looking at the cloud brought back bad memories. She raised, reach out her hoof, and touching the cloud softly “Mmm... The surface of the cloud is a bit hard. It seems there's too much water in it” she turn to Sorrow “I think this cloud came from a storm. We should keep going” she said, looking around for any sign of a storm. She found none, however, that did nothing to ease her worry. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The objects Rosa were shown caught his interest, standing up every few seconds to examine the curious things. Venom, teeth, interesting things despite the darker connotations they carried. Bugbears and Deepwyrm are about as close to made-up creatures to the longma; they never encountered them and their appearances are so foreign they may have originated from some delusional longma’s fever dream. And these creatures are known and studied? This is still too strange to consider real but seeing tangible evidence, it is not easy to deny anymore. 

But it was the third object that got the elder very unsettled. An object that compels anyone wearing it to blindly follow orders? And this practice is a lot more common than anyone would admit? It was more evident that these matters are more terrifying now that he was made aware of the overall innocence of his kind. It just wasn’t the elder who was unnerved at the sight. A rush of memories flooded Sen’s mind and he wasn’t having any of it, running out of the cave just as the thestral finished mentioning the exiles and the consequences of the longma’s shortsightedness.

“Sen? Sen! Wait!” Lin gave chase, following her brother outside to see what got him upset. 

“Slavery?” The elder muttered, horrified. His mind wandered back to that night many years ago, the images still clearly burned into his memory. “Rosa, I don’t know if you aware of this but Sen and Lin were only children when they were exiled. And you’re telling me they could’ve been caught and sold like objects because they were too innocent to know any better?”

I don’t think I can rest easier knowing about everything you told me, but it’s clear and I’m convinced. There may be a chance to start something new but I don’t know how I can find the Dryads or the Evergrown. Even if our forest is well-maintained, they might not even be around. What do they look like? How do I know if I am walking into their territory? For all I know, they could very well leave the trees as as they are and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.”

Sen wouldn’t be too far away, sitting by thicket outside the cave. Clutching his head, he would mumble incoherent gibberish while trying to make sense of his exile and the terrible things that might have happened to him. Perhaps he may have been lucky but hearing what Rosa had to say got him second-guessing his experiences. Lin would be silently sitting beside him, trying to calm him down. 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't say anything more, at best she muttered something too unclear to be 
understood, so Leviathan was free to go, and when she came back, nothing about Ruby had changed.

For her question, Leviathan would get more muttering as response, but this time it was loud enough to be understood as something along the lines of 'I'm fine', and the tone didn't have any directed hostility in it, Ruby just sounded like someone who was having a bad day. She first ignored the moss and skin, most likely out of stubbornness, but if Leviathan left or otherwise seemingly stopped paying attention, she would find that Ruby had moved position in a way that her injury was on the softer material, though she would still be facing the wall.

Ruby would stay mostly silent, letting out sounds and muttering at best if Leviathan said something that couldn't be ignored, indicating that she wanted to be left alone for now, even though she never directly said that. If Leviathan left Ruby in peace long enough for her to fall asleep, she would most likely notice that her sleep wasn't pleasant or peaceful, and it wasn't only because she slept 'one eye open' so to speak, there was clearly something troubling her. 
---------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for offer but there's nothing wrong." Nada declined "There's just a lot going through my head." she then remembered something "Oh, and before I forget, there was another mimic that was looking for Fah'lina, I told...I assume her, to come back in a week, but she pointed towards the forest when I asked where she lives in case Fah'lina comes back earlier." she didn't really know how to react to the comment about her size and cuddlyness so she ignored that for now. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"At first it did." Scarecrow explained "And I can only imagine what I felt like when all of this first started." "But nowadays, after however long it has been, I have accepted it." "I mean, I would be lying if I said I like my current existence, but there's nothing I can do about it, I don't believe it can be reversed, and ending it would require being more powerful than any of those I remember meeting." 

@Blitz Boom

He nodded at her as he followed her out. "Understandable. But they won't need me saying that to make them think I am a threat..."  He grumbled lightly, before sighing. "The chains are alright however, but when there is a threat and I could sense it's exact location without them is, irritating. Anyway... progress is progress." He said, 'progress is progress' a phrase he had mentioned to himself nearly every day thus far in the reformation.

=======================================

"Yes, it is nice of her to give us a lift here, in this.... public location." Astral said awkwardly, glancing to Rose, Chow was partially mistaken as it was Rose who took them back, as she gave a light smile, which would cue that she was the teleporter. "Anyway, best we contact one of the generals, who would be best? Maybe General Iron Wing?"

"Er, he's out of commission due to an injury-" Rose bit her lip, that wasn't public information yet- "You didn't hear that!" She blurted out- what was she referring to- She didn't... she didn't say anything? "Iron wing may not be a good idea is all..."

Astral shook her head, she was really thrown off after that moment, it's like they heard her say something but then forgot. "A-anyway, any other ideas?"

"What's wrong, she just said General Iron Wing is injured and you're just going to forget?"
Misty mentioned, Rose glaring intensely, with a strange hint of fury. Seems Misty knowing was unintended...

@EQ_Theta

Omen would follow Lin as she ran after Sen, yet Rosa would remain, and merely look at them leave. As it seemed to be his fault Sen were acting the way he were, it were likely that he were the last person who should try and talk to him right now, though he'd have to remember to apologize for his words later. He weren't aware it would affect him so.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:03 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Slavery?” The elder muttered, horrified. His mind wandered back to that night many years ago, the images still clearly burned into his memory. “Rosa, I don’t know if you aware of this but Sen and Lin were only children when they were exiled. And you’re telling me they could’ve been caught and sold like objects because they were too innocent to know any better?”

"No country outright allow slavery. Yet as said, when a race is unknown, it can be played off as exotic beasts, whom tends to have less restrictions in certain countries. More and more are clamping down on that as well, due to suspicions and for the sake of preservation of endangered species, but there is still a few who are slow to change. If Sen and Lin had been captured, they might well have ended up serving in one of those places as exotic pets.

Please try and believe me when I say this, Elder Ghilan: I do not enjoy telling you of this dark side that the world at large tries its best to pretend does not happen. It's filthy and disgusting, and shows an enduring problem among the shadier beings out there that quite honestly, can not be stopped, as there will always be a market one way or another, no matter how many gets captured.

Yet you need to know the cruel reality, so that you can prepare for it. The more of the seedy side of things you know, the more you can ensure that your people will have protection, and others keeping an eye out for you. Be it through this despicable act, diseases, or something else. You have to be prepared for the future, and that cannot happen if I only tell sunshine stories of the world at large.

That being said, try and remember that this is among the worst of the minority out there. The majority of others would not wish harm upon your kind, and would likely be more intrigued to get to know a brand new culture, and the beings who live it. The way you should think of this is to look on the bright side, yet not forgetting the darkness behind it. And know too, that even among the criminals, some limits are just not tolerated. I could mention several beings who had committed heinous acts, who would not for example, allow for children to be enslaved. Certain limits are very frowned upon being crossed, even among the criminal underground. It works on a sort of... I wouldn't call it a *moral code* but more a *know your place* ethics, and the more powerful in the underground are very clear about what they do and do not tolerate."

I don’t think I can rest easier knowing about everything you told me, but it’s clear and I’m convinced. There may be a chance to start something new but I don’t know how I can find the Dryads or the Evergrown. Even if our forest is well-maintained, they might not even be around. What do they look like? How do I know if I am walking into their territory? For all I know, they could very well leave the trees as as they are and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.”

"As for how to make contact, I cannot say for sure about the dryads, yet I know where to find an evergrown that might be able to wander through your forests and say if he finds clues of his own kind living in hiding nearby. Far as I am aware, they refuse to settle in any sort of number anywhere that does not have their sacred trees, so if none are in your forests, they likely are not there, but they tend to be covered by rather strong illusions, traps and whatever thick vegetation they can spring up around the area to make it easier to protect their sacred trees.

In case the evergrown find that there are none of his kind, and no trees, you can try and ask if he knows of any migratory tribe that might be looking for a new placement. I am not sure if that are actually a thing, but trees sprout seeds normally. It would stand to reason that sometimes, some would leave with one of those seeds to plant it a new place, and grow a new tree.

Regardless, if that is a bust, you need to find a dryad, and while I personally cannot help there, Sen and Lin known one who can. A very... Informative pony, who at times are willing to trade in favors. And regarding the evergrown, I will be giving the address to Sen and Lin, since I will not be able to be there to help you find him. Come morning, I will have to go to the capitol of Equestria, and face judgement for my own crimes. I do not expect myself free to be of much assistance for several years after that, yet I will do what I can to still inform, and until morning comes, assist in what ways I am able to. I owe Sen and Lin much, and wish to help them to the best of my abilities. Currently, that have shown to be best done, by helping your species as a whole to jumpstart a cautious step towards the outside."

The elder might as well know this, so he didn't wonder where the thestral had suddenly gone from tomorrow. It would likely bring questions, but he were willing to answer them if need be.

Sen wouldn’t be too far away, sitting by thicket outside the cave. Clutching his head, he would mumble incoherent gibberish while trying to make sense of his exile and the terrible things that might have happened to him. Perhaps he may have been lucky but hearing what Rosa had to say got him second-guessing his experiences. Lin would be silently sitting beside him, trying to calm him down. 

Omen would be approaching slowly, and look on as Lin tried to comfort Sen. Shrimp would try too, in his own way. After he felt like something were wrong with Sen, he'd slither over on the longma and lay around the back of his neck, whilst chirping slowly and placing his head on the longma. A way of trying to show that he were there and worried about his least favorite, yet still beloved caretaker.

As for the late addition, she'd walk over and unless stopped, would awkwardly embrace Sen and Lin, whilst not saying a word. She wasn't sure why, but something just told her that this would be a bad time to ask questions. Perhaps she were slowly starting to get some of that *timing* thing she had been told about before? She didn't know, and it didn't matter either. Right now, she just wanted to be there for a friend who looked like he needed them there for him.

@Windy Breeze

"Tiny storm then, or maybe a pegasus missed it? Cloud control's not really my specialty."

She had family members who were, but Sorrow just wasn't like that. Sure she could help if asked, yet there were a difference between bouncing some clouds away, and safely splitting up thunder clouds. One she could do, and the other made her eyeballs feel singed. Better left to someone with a lot more knowledge about these sorta things. Like a Wonderbolt. And Breeze were willing to just let it go, so best they just did that and went on, right?

"Hopefully the weather in Fillydelphia is fine and dandy. Ferry rides are really boring when it rains, and if it storm, we're gonna have to wait. No fun in that when we're finally there."

=====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Since Ruby did not respond to things - and leviathan had so far gotten no notion beyond her being too stubborn to openly accept help - the smaller dragoness would leave shortly after bringing the things in, saying something about *scouting the area*. Mostly to see what sorta prey were there honestly, yet it didn't hurt to know what sorta enemies were there too. Dragons hunters were rare, yet not exactly non-existent, and Ruby would be a fine price for scum like that.

Eventually when she returned and found that Ruby had moved to better support at least her damaged posterior by the soft material, a bit of a smile got on her scaled face. It wasn't perfect, but it were better than nothing, and would help getting the healing process along, surely. Or at least have the time in waiting be less annoying. Pointy rocks pressing in on an open wound were really not the most lovely thing you could have happen for you.

Seeing as Ruby were sleeping, Leviathan would place herself at the opposite side of the cave, and relax herself whilst watching the larger dragoness. Something seemed to be troubling her dreams, but Ruby needed sleep, even if it wasn't the best kind, so she wouldn't wake her up. Merely observe, recharge, and be ready for when she'd eventually wake up again. Unless it seemed like some sorta nightmare really got hold of her, i which case Levithan would sneak over and try to calm Ruby with a lullaby. Sort of. It was more a calming tune than actual words, but it had helped with her when she had been small, and as such, it didn't hurt to try if it helped Ruby, if it got bad.

@Catpone Cerberus

Ziggy's eyes went wide in surprise at those news.

"Really? That's great!"

The zegasus umped in place out of pure glee.

"I've barely been able to find any sorta literature on mimics, but it keep saying they're pack animals. For some reason Fah'lina's all alone though, and never gone off to see others. Perhaps this means she just got lost and her tribe are out to look for her? I mean yeah, I'd miss her, but it would be great for her, right? How did the little one look? Anything special about that one I could tell her about when she wakes up?"

Siren hugs had to wait for just a little while longer, because right now, they had some good news to process. Maybe. It'd kinda depend on how her little friend reacted once she woke up and heard it, but surely there'd be nothing but smiles and happy days when she heard that she were sought out by her own, right? Meant she were missed by somepony out there.

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"My goddess is powerful, yet she forever slumbers beneath the crust of the earth, nourishing the lands we so depend on, and embracing her children when our duty have ended. I'm afraid that she does not actively take part in much.

The dragon lord might have a good deal of power, with that strange scepter of hers, yet I don't think the magic of dragons can do some of this. They harness the elements, not whatever variation of the end this might be.

*sigh* The ponies might truly hold the only key for help to you. Be it a way to finish things if you feel like you wish to return to the cycle, or some way of revitalizing things. I do not know, yet one way or another, I pray that something will happen that might help you in some fashion.

Perhaps I can do some, by at least making your residence a better place? If you live in a cave, I could maybe grow something within that could make it more comfy? Thick layers of moss, glowing mushrooms, and perhaps some degree of vines to ensure you won't get... Shall we say, *visitors*? Please, I wish to help all who resides in this forest, and you more than any, strikes me as one who could use some degree of comfort at the very least. Have you not earned that as a bare minimum, throughout all your years of helping those less fortunate?"

Lyriel were perhaps pushing things a little, but she just couldn't stand thinking about this poor, poor creature, suffering through so much, and not having anything to show for it. At the very least, she could perhaps make his accommodations better, and ask those few she knew among the equines if there were perhaps help to find, for one with an affliction such as his.

@FanOfManyShows

Hogweed placed a hoof on his shoulder, and looked at Chariot with a small, kind smile.

"You're getting better day by day, Chariot. Don't let anypony try and convince you otherwise, okay? I know you're doing your best. Soon enough, hopefully they will see so too, and we can start getting you reintroduced to society. You know you can trust me on this, right?"

She had done nothing but put herself on the line, because she believed that Chariot had good in him, that just needed somepony to help it get out. Her career, several friendships, and respect of her colleagues were among the things that had been shaken by taking his side in this, and declare herself as being in charge of his rehabilitation, but she didn't care what they thought. That much... It sorta hurt sometimes, but she knew she were doing the right thing, and Chariot kept proving to her that she wasn't wrong in her assumptions about him. He Were a good pony, that had suffered through something that'd test any being, and had made some mistakes because of it. Something which he had served his time for as a statue. But now it were a new time, and through he had attacked Canterlot, it shouldn't mean he should be remade into a statue, or incarcerated forever. He deserved a chance, and he'd have a much better chance at succeeding at that if he had somepony that helped him through it all, and showed that she were on his side.

At least, that's what she were hoping. Maybe she were being too idealistic... *sigh* But she wouldn't stop trying. Especially not now when there were a chance for some real proof of progress.

"We should probably go and get you through some stretches and other exercises before tonight. Though first, are you perhaps getting hungry? I know you're used to getting food served in your cell, but I think it'd be okay if we went to the prison cafeteria, and you could get food like everypony else. Would that be okay?"

@FanOfManyShows

Good good, so Astral got the point then. Atta girl, he knew she'd get the hang of it eventually.

Seemed like he had been wrong about who got them there though, considering the exchange of glances, but in his defense, they were the real witches. He were more of a ... How did you say *fumbling buffoon* in a nice way? Bah, who cared, they had work to get to, and he had plenty of years ahead of him to get better at this mumbo jumbo.

They'd end up soon after getting a bit of a slip of the tongue from Rose rather quickly after that, with her mentioning that the new general were out of commission. Something which were pretty huge news to Chow at least. Sure he knew that Morning Dew had retaken the mantle for the time being, but the official explanation were relating more to a transition period. That the new general had gotten injured enough that he couldn't take the role anymore though? That were something that made a good deal of sense, but were pretty new.

5 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

"What's wrong, she just said General Iron Wing is injured and you're just going to forget?"

"Y'know, she makes a fair point. How did you know this? Ain't any of the higher ups that've been slipping the tongue about that, or the rumor mill would've gone... Off the rails?"

His head were feeling wonky right now. It were like... The thoughts of the general had started slipping away before Misty began talking, and then right after she brought it up, there were a bit of a surge again, which were now starting to dull down once more. He'd take a hoof to his head and shake it, trying to get this odd feeling out of there. Something were going on, but he just couldn't seem to wrap his hoof around it before it started to slip away again, and get back to just sorta... Forgetting about the whole thing. Like it had never happened.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Yes, Ambassador. I'll be able to agree to that," Atzy nodded a couple of times once she got all the words right in her head. "I was established very recently so having somepony help me with all this legalese will be helpful."

"We don't know where Atzy's Queen is, honestly," Karmic admitted with a couple of coughs. "But she shouldn't be too hard to find if one looks among the gemstones."

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"I would go up there to have a good look around Last, but that giant insect is in the way of it," Twilight said nervously, looking up to the parapets and then out behind them to the distant land. "Can't see much from down here," she mumbled and then looked at Cherish. "I'm going fo ra short flight. I hope you're used to heights," Twilight told Cherish before spreading her wings and soaring up to the level of the roof the shrine. She turned and the her eyes widened at the battlefield. Her face did turn white upon witnessing all the destruction but luckily, she didn't regurgitate her lunch. She was unsure of how to feel about all of this but she was unable to look away either. "Whoa. Last wasn't kidding."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I have never heard of 'humanity', Queen Dia'Thiz. Whatever Happy is, he's definitely not whatever humanity is," Aurora told Dia'Thiz, taking a deep breath to steel her nerves. "He's been nothing but kind and along the way to see King Thorax, he fought off Timberwolves that were going to attack us!" She had only met him a handful of hours ago, true, but he was one of the first creatures to take an interest in her as a friend and talk things out like how friends tend to do.

@Blitz Boom, & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"Wh-what?" Dazzle asked in complete bewilderment. She'd only just met these two, yet here they were, offering to her help her out. Scarcity and who looked like her sister were waiting for an answer and she had to say something otherwise nothing would happen. "Um ... thanks? I'd take you up on the offer? Is that how ponies still agree to these terms?" she asked, her brain shorting out slightly as she tried to come up with a suitable response. She was startled by Shortstack commenting back and she turned to him, not entirely sure what drove her to keep pestering the short, round pony. "I don't have anything to prove! To me, it sounds like you're compensating for something!"

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Well," Dawn hesitated, and then took a breath. She hadn't had company in so long and now that Kaltrops was a bit settled in within her home, she took a chance and spoke her mind, her entire face giving off heat in a full on blush all the while. "Live with me. We argue, yes, and you already agreed to be my bodyguard, but, if you live here with me, I can help you readjust to being with ponies."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“It seems to me that you have a degree of faith in the creatures of the outside world, of this “Equestria,” as I’ve been told. The way you describe its unsavory elements, you still say they have their standards, no matter how odd it comes off. I honestly couldn’t fathom it unless I see it for myself but getting this chance to speak with you, learning what I can about making contact… it gives me strength and fills me with courage. Had I been less open-minded, I would’ve called you out for trying to deceive me.”

“For what its worth, I want to thank you for your time, knowledge, and honesty. Sen told me about your criminal past but he and Lin have this great respect for you as a friend and mentor, something I wouldn’t be able to reconcile if they hadn’t explained it to me. They trust you and I trust them. I guess that means I’m very much willing to trust that everything you’ve taught me will be of great benefit. You’ve given me a lot to think about, and I plan to act on what you’ve taught me.”

The elder didn’t flinch when Rosa brought up is past as a criminal, no matter how little he mentioned. Frankly, hearing what the thestral had to say and digesting all of it convinced Ghilan of Rosa’s sincerity. In some way he couldn’t explain, the longma elder could grasp how the siblings placed their trust in someone so different from them. If they were able to befriend somepony like Rosa and gain knowledge like this, what more could the longma as a whole stand to gain by reaching out? Perhaps the siblings had more to offer to the longma; their exile, horrible as it was, led to something good.

Elder Ghilan stood up and bowed to the thestral before attempting something he wouldn’t imagine himself doing: reaching one claw out to shake Rosa’s hoof. 

“Rest assured, what you’ve taught me today will not go to waste. I hope to convince my fellow longma just like you’ve convinced me. And should you find yourself in the forest of the longma one day, you will be welcomed as Vhenallin, a friend to our kind. Although knowing Sen and Lin, they’d try to get you to visit the village one way or another. This hoof shake, it is a common greeting in Equestria, right?”

Outside the cave, Sen wouldn’t see Omen and Shrimp joining him. He’d still babble incoherently but that rush of words flowing out of his mouth would slow down after feeling the refraction and the Ki’Nathar embracing him. That would be enough to let him catch his breath.

“I-It’s just… I couldn’t… what Rosa said… I-“

“I know. The idea of slavery is sickening, collar or no collar. But if we can prevent that from happening to the folks back home, I’d say that’s worth a shot. Now we have another reason to try and reach out to the outside world.”

Sen smiled, still shaken but reassured now that he’s in good company. He’d tightly embrace Lin together with everyone present before letting go to face them all, most notably addressing Omen and Shrimp as he picked up his little friend to stroke him on the back.

“Thank you; I’m sorry if I made you worry. It’s just some memories don’t really go away. Hearing about slavery and seeing that collar, I couldn’t imagine anyone ever being alright with that. It’s so wrong on so many levels. All of that reminded me of Solasan, no matter how much I want to forget.”

@Blitz Boom
Ruby's dreams didn't seem to get much worse besides her starting to twitch a bit now and then and otherwise move around a bit more, but if Leviathan decided that was enough for her to interfere, the tune would seemingly help a bit. She would be out for some hours, and when she woke up, she muttered something in her native language before remembering where she was, and whatever it was she said, it didn't sound too friendly. 

She moved her head enough to see if Leviathan was still in the cave, if she was, she would say something along the lines of "Still here I see." and surprisingly enough, she didn't sound as negative as she had been until now, but that of course didn't mean there wasn't the usual dislike mixed in. Assuming Leviathan was around, Ruby would continue with "I honestly didn't expect it, I assumed that if you really didn't want anything, you would just leave." she turned back towards wall "I'm not really the best company." 

If Leviathan wasn't around, Ruby would say the same things when she got back, just bit differently worded and her face towards the wall the whole time. 

----------------------------------------------

"She had a bow on her tail and a shell necklace, that's why I kinda just assumed it's a female. And I think she was more silver colored than Fah'lina" Nada explained, she hadn't paid enough attention to notice other details, and she didn't know if it carried the bag everywhere so she didn't mention it "She was trying to steal few things but i got them back." "Oh, and she had a small piece of wood she didn't seem to want to lose"
-----------------------------------------

"You really don't need to do anything for me, you have plenty of living to take care of, I don't want to be a burden." Scarecrow assured "But if you insist on helping, I won't stop you from decorating the cave, it could use some life." "I can show where it is." if nothing else, maybe some of the animals could take it over after it was more pleasant to live in. She would turn the course towards the cave.

@Blitz Boom

Windy had no problems navigating in a storm, but she don't if Sorrow could. The wind will be against you, striking at you like a hindleg of a pony about to buck whether who's in their way “I hope so. No offense, but I could easily through a storm even if it's about to become a typhoon”

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"You ought to teach me your positivity dear, I need it." It took him a beat to realize he called her dear, but opted to ignore that. "And yes, I would like a dinner outside of the cell." He said, looking towards her as he smiled softly, a more genuine smile than usual.

======================

"You didn't, hear, that." Rose repeated, glaring intensely, her eyes almost glowing.

"Yes I did!" Misty declared, narrowing her eyes angrily.

She bit her teeth, closing her eyes. "Alright! It was going good so far-" Her eyes opened as an idea popped into her head- then she looked to Chow and Astral. "Chow, Astral, I must take us somewhere more secure before I explain what this is." She said, before teleporting them within the kitchen of Astral's home.

Rose turned around and grinned slightly. "What is this about Rose?"

She looks to the trio, and takes out a bottle with a green dust in it. "This is the element of lies. The one you have is a fake."

Astral widens her eyes. "Of course! you're making us believe whatever you say-"

"Then that one might not be real either!" Misty said.

"Yes, seems younger ponies can resist it's magic too..."
She sighs and puts the bottle away, before plume of green smoke covers her, and reveals a different form underneath, a splintered horn and an element around her neck- certainly the element of lies, as her true form reveals itself.

"Opal!?"

"Yes! Of course I am Opal!" She says in a degree of fury.
"Now Shadow Streak hasn't caught on yet, and you know that I want to do evil with the elements, but he does too, so we have common ground to stop him! 
Whatcha say?"

She says, reaching out a hoof to them, seeming strangely confident.

@Blitz Boom

A cookie jar?  Well there was this one cursed cookie jar in the O.M.I. basement... no, never mind.  Rising would have to leave his sister's home knowing full well what was ahead of him.  His life as a detective, scouring the land for magical misuse, just got more complicated.  Walking up to his sister, they shared a brief farewell embrace, "Don't go turning to darkness bro, it would annoy me." "Love you too," he chuckled.  Releasing his embrace he padded his way around the party goers on his way out of the main ballroom and into the dark halls.  Relying on his memory again to navigate where his eyes couldn't guide him.  Of course having to hope his sister didn't just decide to change up the layout of the manor.  Something told him Dawn was mildly distracted at the moment though.  He wasn't blind or dumb, he knew what they were talking about.  Maybe not the details of course, but she was all too eager to send her brother on his way with such a lucrative new source of information in her presence.

Outside the carriage that brought to two here was waiting for him to take him back to the city proper.  Climbing into the luxurious satin cab, he'd try for a nap while on the ride.  Having instructed the shade clad stallion to take him to the Featherhop's inn, where hopefully he'd find the Sisters of Troy first.  Break the good news to them, as it were.  A few winks weren't hurt first though.

Back inside the manor, Dawn awaited for the departure of her brother before turning her attention to her new treasure.  Time for the adults to talk, a rather amusing prospect considering the more mature of the twins, even Dawn would admit, walked out of the room already.  She would admit though, that it was time for business at least.  Dawn's long eyelashes blinked and suddenly the pair appeared upon the throne that looked over the party.  The sensation wasn't that of teleportation or movement, but as if the manor itself moved to be where they were instead.  The mare laying out delicately on her massive fluffy pillow with Lily in tow.  Enchanted of course, to feel just the right firmness, softness and temperature to each occupants desire.  "I need to know my competition.  I need to know what kinds of goods Harrowmark values.  I need to know who must be put under hoof and who deserves my ear.  I need to know how to protect my lands from the threats my brother can not."  Many threats could be put to an end before they begin simply by controlling the flow of information.  This was the world Setting Dawn worked in.

(edited)

@Rising Dusk

"Must you do such things?"

The comment came right after they had gotten teleported up on the throne. At least it were what she thought had happened, though the experience felt different somehow. Less like she had been moved, and things had moved around her, yet that were surely madness. Brick and mortar did not move without sound or effort, as anyone who had ever worked on a golem would tell you. Even the fastest living mortar would not move instantaneous.

No, this were likely just a new, weird form of teleportation that Dawn made use of. Or a more modern one, what did she know? Equestria were far ahead on many things, so why not this too? Though it seemed more likely be one of her own. Dawn struck her as a mare who'd prefer her own flair on things, even if there were other ways. A bit of vanity, or personal pride at least, from her perspective.

On 5/9/2020 at 5:33 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"I need to know my competition.  I need to know what kinds of goods Harrowmark values.  I need to know who must be put under hoof and who deserves my ear.  I need to know how to protect my lands from the threats my brother can not."

Not that there were times to think on this, as she - as expected - began to ask questions, barely leaving time for a breath after Lily's own comment.

Well then, she had said she'd share information, and so she would. Though this seemed like a lengthy topic, so she'd sit down on this strange layer she had been put upon. A strange thing, that felt somewhat similar to the old, moss-filled bed she had in her old home. Perhaps not the most comfortable thing in the world, and it did need to be trimmed and watered fairly often, but it were the best Lily knew, and a comforting feeling, as she had used this most of the time since she were a little filly.

"One question at a time young lady. You will get your answers.

What you ask first I will return to later, yet beyond that, you wish to know what Harrowmark values? From what I have seen in your land, quite a lot would interest us. Though the most valued would likely be fabric, spell books, and herbs. We have a grand history of concoctions and remedies that we'd be pleased to share, in exchange for what variations this land have to offer. With how saturated with magic Harrowmark is, you'd be surprised what kind of plants can grow there, and more importantly, what magic they hold. Spices would also be interesting, since now that we do not have to be scarce with our supplies, there would be cooks wanting to try to actually make something new and refreshing. Earthy flavors are our national preference.

Spell books are a simple matter of wanting some for the equivalent in your lands. While a lot of ours are around curses, decurses, life and death, we have a large wealth of spells cataloged, of which several aren't meant to be harmful. As a personal note here, I can procure a rarity that the libraries cannot for you, if need be, as my former *master* were one to make his own books, with spells of his own machinations, and notes on how he had done things. Including on how to make deals with, harness, and then use the powers of gods in details. Even if I could not release the worst of his tomes, as they are to be my burden to safeguard, I'd assume that one of your stature would find interest in some of his less vile texts.

As for the fabric, we'd be willing to spend what we can on that. As you can see from my own clothing, neither color, nor softness, are something Harrowmark are abundant in. Only the highest ranking among us have something that would be considered soft, and even then, I imagine they'd be highly interested in gaining something better from the outside. If you wish to make your mark on high society in our lands, I would think bringing luxurious fabric, and even fully made clothes for trade, would be a strong opener."

A lot to share already, yet they were far from done. Lily simply had to stop up to take a few breaths before moving on. Both to give Dawn a chance to respond, and to let things sink in.

"Now, I wouldn't suggest you attempt to put anyone under your hoof, but if you wish to endear yourself to some that matters, I would suggest again, to bring goods towards the capitol of Copperhagen, and the palace in particular. The influence of the queen is likely the most important you can have, though if you truly wish to bring your best hoof forward, you will need to make yourself seem valuable and respectful to High Priestess Thistle. Historically, her advice is highly valued by the royal house, and if she does not like you, I don't see you doing well with Queen Magenta.

Sadly, I know little of what might interest her, though... Perhaps I could let you have one of Twisted's diaries, long as you swear to not read from it. The things within relates to what he did to her, her other priestesses, and Viz'nay. She would likely like the chance to destroy it herself, and let those things be lost forever. I warn you though, do not read a word from it. I cannot say for sure if she can scour minds, though even if not, you do not wish to see what is within. I tried but a half page, and in my long life, I have never felt such a chill in my bones."

She would neglect to say that there were still other books on how to contain a god, whereas this were more the personal experiences and words of the old tyrant. Lily had no interest in herself ever becoming like him, but like with much else of these things, they had to be kept intact, in case Viz'nay went too far and started to be like Suusha were. For the sake of not having to endure another imbalanced, centuries old tyranny, they needed to have options hidden somewhere. Didn't mean that she couldn't give a diary filled with bad memories to one who could utilize it though.

"Beyond that, merely try to not insult the two of them, and be respectful to their moods, and limits. And don't try to hide too much that you have a wish to gain something. Harrowmark residents do not trust charity, but we respect those being honest that they want to gain something, even if they were somewhat vague about what that is.

There are likely others, but I haven't been to the capitol before, and for the past fifty or so years, my travels have at best been to the nearest town, to see if we could trade goods. As such, you will have to discover some for yourself. Do not discount the ravings of the wilderness witches though. There might be some who'd interest you, even if you'd be wise not to tell others that you speak with them.

Now to get to how to protect your lands from what we have, I wouldn't worry about that. We are far, far away from your shores, and even when we get the gates set up between our lands for easier access, the point from Harrowmark where they connect to you, will most assuredly be heavily protected. I'd only worry about shipment of things you gained from us, if not for the fact that we too know how to look for cursed items, and how to handle them if need be. Your risk will be minor, though you can run some tests regardless, just in case. Just be careful around any magical herbs you gain. Some of those will wither away instantly if you tamper with their essence too much. And your brother merely needs to stay in the cities, or at least take highly skilled guides to show him the world outside of the walls. The worst he could do, is go exploring on his own.

And to finish off your line of questioning, I cannot say who your competition is. I have spent the majority of my roughly ninety years in a small town, on the edge of the tyrant's lair, and never had the chance to go far. Whom I know are limited, and even though I could scry, that ability were not often used to glance at faraway towns to find their problem solvers. It were mostly in service to others, and were focused primarily on finding some who had to be handled, or monitoring transports.

The only one whom I might be able to mention, are more of a folk legend than a widely available helper. One whom are known to be able to safeguard, protect, and help in ways that many are too afraid or unskilled to do themselves, yet she takes her price in bodies.

She calls herself *Le Pourri*. A being who have been known for about three centuries now, yet I cannot say where she started. Only that she eventually came into view when she retrieved a dozen or so sacrifices from a ritual, and returned them to a town about a hundred and sixty kilometers from Oaksbrook. Something she did in exchange for the body of one of the town's local seamstresses, whom she then took over.

Sporadically, she pops up in history with the same type of stories. An unknown being, suddenly showing up and doing something dangerous and important, in exchange for a new vessel, or some peculiar magical item that she then vanishes with. I know not what she does in between those years, but rumors tells of her infiltrating and working towns until the time is right for her to offer a deal for the desperate.

She is all I know of, and even then, I could tell you nothing more than stories and legends. Unsurprisingly really. If you knew how eager Twisted were to find her, you too would do what you could to remain hidden from scrutiny.

So then, do you have questions to anything I have said so far, young lady?"

A lot to digest for the mare already, but surely Dawn could do that, and likely come with more questions. It were just a question of how much she would take from this, and what her response would be to what had been presented to her thus far, before moving on to other things. Perhaps she'd prefer to linger on this for a time more even. They'd see,, though if they had to keep talking, Lily would eventually need some water for her throat, or she'd go hoarse.

==================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Hogweed got a faint blush on her cheek from being called dear, but didn't address the matter. Mostly because she were neither sure what to say, nor why she had blushed in any capacity from that. It didn't really make much sense, right? Must just be her getting surprised and flustered from the sudden change in tone, and seemingly genuine smile from Chariot as he heard he didn't have to eat his lunch on a tray today.

Best uhm... Best just to move along and not think about it.

"O-Okay then, let's get to the uhm... The kitchen. Yes. F-Follow me please."

It wouldn't be a long way. After getting back into the prison yard - this time with no fools trying to mess with Chariot on his path - they'd take a turn and go into the prison cafeteria. Looked a lot like one from a public school, but with various criminals instead of teens. none as high prolific as Chariot were though. Just a few drunken disorderly, and one tax fraudster, along with a repeated offender who had an issue with stealing. It was getting better though. It had been four months since last he had cracked under the pressure. That were progress.

All of them would look at Chariot as he entered, but tried not to make eye contact, and just get on with their own lunches. It seemed like from their trays and the general smell, that there were some wheatloaf, hayburgers, and crispy salad today. One of the better times to get here it seemed.

The mare at the register dealing with the food didn't seem intimidated by the new arrivals, as much as surprised. Instinctively, she reached towards a rather large hammer that seemed like it were too big for her frail frame to carry, yet they wouldn't get to see if she could carry it, seeing as she bit notice in who he were there with.

"Oh it's you. Didn't think the leash had been this slacked yet."

Hogweed would let out a sigh, and turn her head towards Chariot.

"Chariot, this is the chef, Dusty. Just tell her what you want from what's on the menu, and she'll get it ready, okay?"

"Today's your lucky day. We got hayburgers, salad, wheatloaf, some thousand isle ranch, nuts and the option for a slice of blueberry pie, if you don't sass the chef. For drinking, we got water. Juice ran out yesterday."

=======================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

On 5/9/2020 at 7:24 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"Alright! It was going good so far-" Her eyes opened as an idea popped into her head- then she looked to Chow and Astral. "Chow, Astral, I must take us somewhere more secure before I explain what this is." She said, before teleporting them within the kitchen of Astral's home.

"Seriously, would you dingbats just bloody stop doing that? Witchery's still illegal, and you're flaunting it everywhere."

Peraps a bit rude, but the mixture of his head going funny, and this mare acting up in a way that made a few alarm bells go off in his head, made him a bit cranky. Then push through a random teleport while they were in public, and yeah, it spiked his irritation a bit. Didn't anyone get the point in trying to lay low with stuff like this? Or did they enjoy prison?

She sighs and puts the bottle away, before plume of green smoke covers her, and reveals a different form underneath, a splintered horn and an element around her neck- certainly the element of lies, as her true form reveals itself.

Oh come on! Not only had they just gone through a bother and a half, might soon get some guards asking questions, and were running after some mad pony- Now they were also faced with a wearer of an element, who were Opel herself. The mare they had wanted to chase, and now just waltzed in here, acting like she ran it all. Were all the wearers of the Elements of Disharmony incapable of not making a show or something?

Well, whatever, Now she were here, and that meant an easy take down. A quick tackle, headlock, and boom: Instant prison for her. Then they could... Melt the element or something? He weren't sure how it worked, but it sure weren't good to let her keep this.

"Yes! Of course I am Opal!" She says in a degree of fury.
"Now Shadow Streak hasn't caught on yet, and you know that I want to do evil with the elements, but he does too, so we have common ground to stop him! 
Whatcha say?"

"Sure, come 'ere with it."

He'd reach forth to grab her hoof, and unless she somehow stopped it, refused the touch, or just used magic in some fashion, he'd then use that to grab hold, and forcibly drag her back towards him, back turned against his chest whilst he held her on his back hooves. One front hoof were around her throat, keeping her head in check, and the other would be around her trunk, keeping her front legs pinned to her front.

Though regardless of this working or not, what he'd say next would be the same.

"You must be seven layers of crazy if you think we'll side with one evil just to go for another. Why, I bet you're not even gonna do something 'bout him. You've just looking to take something from him to make yourself stronger. Ain't no way we can trust someone using the literal Element of Lies."

=====================================================================

@Windy Breeze

"Oooh, that's cool! I don't think I could do that. I'm a fine flyer, but not that good, and big wings can kinda make it hard in storms. A lot of updraft, throw winds, and all that, so I usually just stay indoors, or hide in a cave or something. Of course a Wonderbolt would be able to battle the storms though. I hear you're the best flyers in all of Equestria."

A little by little as they talked, Fillydelphia would get closer. Sooner or later they'd get there, and hopefully not have to face a storm whilst doing so. Yet if they did, Sorrow would have to seek to the ground and either find shelter, or just walk for a while. Being a rag doll in the midst of a heavy storm were not fun, and she could definitely attest to that.

"What's the worst storm you've ever been in? Sounds like you must've tried flying through ones, so you must've seen some real nasty weather, right? I bet Legion would like to hear some stories too."

They did, in fact, as were evident by the light flaring up in their sockets again, before the wisps turned towards Breeze as best they could, whilst waiting for a story. Big or small, they seemed intrigued, just like Sorrow were. Seemed like even up here, she couldn't escape an audience.

======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I considered taking a walk, but I didn't want to leave you here all by yourself. I'm sure you could deal with anything trying to mess with you, don't get me wrong. I just don't like thinking that you'd be left all your lonesome right now."

Ruby had been surprisingly relaxing to watch sleeping. She weren't sure why, but it had honestly had a rather calming effect on Leviathan to see the large dragoness snooze, seemingly without a care in the world, whilst her body worked on stitching everything back together again. Leviathan's own wing were better already, since it had just been a strain that needed about half an hour at most to get right again, but she hadn't really focused on that thought, much as just being in her own corner, and seeing Ruby wandering around whatever dreams she had. Thankfully nothing that seemed to spark a nightmare, though it were probably not alright for her to ask what she had dreamt of anyway. A bit too private she'd say.

"It's alright if you don't wanna talk right now. But if you do, or need anything, I'll be here, alright?"

Ruby seemed a little less negative about her guest now, so that were some good progress, that told Leviathan that seemingly something were working to make her understand that there might be someone there that was there, just for her sake. Of course she were still stubborn and would likely not admit to anything, but she'd take this as a small step in the right direction. Best to focus on that part.

Leviathan would indeed stay where she were if she weren't addressed, even if Ruby would go back to sleep, or just stay silent for hours on end. She had things she could do, such as meditating. Helped focus her mind, and barely made any noise, so it were an ideal way of spending some time in situations like this.

===================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe the little one found the bow and such somewhere, and decided to use them. I've seen Fah'lina sometimes try to decorate herself when she doesn't know I'm looking, and boy howdy, does she not like being called pretty with any of that stuff on. Lots of biting from her when that happens.

But a silvery mimic with a necklace and bows should be pretty easy to spot in the forest, so thank you Nada. That's gonna help a bunch."

Ziggy bounced a few steps closer. Small steps that were, not big steps. Just enough to get a tiny bit closer towards the siren.

"And I don't really think the little one meant anything bad with trying to take a few things. Especially not if it were food stuff. Fah'lina does that all the time, and it kinda seems like a scavenger sort of thing. Y'know, gather food, keep it safe, stay fed. You'd be amazed at the kinds things in the small stashes I sometimes find of the stuff she's been hoarding.

The wood sounds kinda weird though. I mean, Fah'lina does the same, but that's because it's her back scratcher."

Taking off and flying up a bit, she looked over to the canopy where her little friend usually rested, and frowned a bit when she looked up there.

"I sorta think she took it, actually. Might've been because of the smell, even if it is also a good scratcher.

Anyway, lots of nice, helpful things there. Hugs now?"

A few steps more were bounced towards Nada, as the smiling, overgrown equine doctor looked at her, happy as could be, and looking ready to go in for the embrace if she were allowed to.

================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"You do not burden me, nor take much of my time, Scarecrow. My kind can live until they feel the Earth Mother calls us home, and with how much there seems to need to be done, I do not think she will call me for a long time yet. Especially not when I have yet to find one to grow more of my kind with. Perhaps one day when I have left new dryads to take my place, she will ask me to rest, and maybe bring my former brothers and sisters back to cleanse them of heresy.

*sigh* but I digress. Please, lead the way, and I will do what I can to make your home seems warmer, and more inviting. It is but the least I can do, for one who have given so much to those around him."

Lyriel had been about to go on another tangent of what had transpired back where she came from, but stopped herself this time, as the air already felt heavy with what she had learned of Scarecrow, and his current state. Unless he asked into it, she would not make it dimmer by adding her own tale, and simply follow him.

=====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Rosa would gently, hold Ghilan's outstretched claw, and shake it firmly three times, before letting go.

"Equestria have a few varied ways of greetings. Shaking hooves are seen as the respectful way to do so between males. Between females, they will instead do a bow of the head.

When addressing higher ups such as the princesses, males tend to do a galant bow, with one hoof pressed towards the chest, whilst females will grab hold in their dress if they have such a thing, and bow like this."

The thestral would give a surprisingly feminine bow, complete with movements as if he were wearing a dress.at a ball. He'd rather not discuss how or why he were so trained in this however. He'd like to retain some small degree of dignity.

"More friendly members goes for hugs, but this tend to be the standards. For you, I would simply try to offer hoofshakes when introducing yourself, and if it is not working, attempt to wave and smile.

Regardless, to get unto other topics, I can assure you that whilst I am a criminal, I did not intend for it to be so. For a long time, I thought I did the right thing, yet that really isn't an excuse I can hide behind in the long run, and eventually, one must answer for what they have done. Come morning, I will do that, and serve my time, however long that may be. I should still get some degree of visiting hours though, so if need be, I can still relay information through visitors, such as Sen, Lin, or Omen, if I am allowed to write something down for her to bring, rather than rely on her memory.

In any case, Elder Ghilan, I appreciate your willingness to hear me out on the matter, and with some luck, we will be giving you the ammunition needed to convince your fellow elders of the path forth which you are smartest to take. I do not envy you the task of standing in front of them and having to do so, yet you are wise to try and go that route. Too many have been lost over the ages to their own reluctance to accept the world in even a minor way. I would hate for any of you to join those."

On 5/8/2020 at 3:50 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Thank you; I’m sorry if I made you worry. It’s just some memories don’t really go away. Hearing about slavery and seeing that collar, I couldn’t imagine anyone ever being alright with that. It’s so wrong on so many levels. All of that reminded me of Solasan, no matter how much I want to forget.”

"Somepony once came and offered Master Discord a pony in a chain. Called her a slave. I think that is the first time I saw anger.

He said I had to go away so I did not see what he would do him, so I took the ball for a walk."

Even Discord had his limits to what he found acceptable, and while he'd gladly toy around with and manipulate others, downright chaining them up and proclaiming them to be his property were something which he had claimed to her to never do. Her own servitude were something he saw less like slavery and more like a tutorship, so that had been seen as fine, and not like what he had been presented with back then. A situation which had not ended well for the offending party.

"Master Discord says that freedom is important. I did not understand the rest he said. Something about order, and empty minds."

Whatever the whole thing were about, she'd stay and embrace Sen until Lin would stop, whilst Shrimp would stay where he were. Though if the others drew back, he'd raise his head and playfully nibble Sen's ear a little. It shouldn't hurt, and were just his way of trying to cheer up the sad longma.

==========================================================================================

@Sekel

"There are three small island's off the coast of the Dragon Isle. Her hive is on the larger one of them. You will be able to recognize it by the gemstones."

Whilst the others might not have paid attention, Enzo had, and it were not as if he could forget the place as it were anyway, considering he had been trapped there for the majority of his life. With some luck, he'd find that the queen there would either repurpose the temple to be her own, or destroy it, so that he would not be reminded of that particular place as badly as he had been the last time he had wandered through there. Once down that memory lane had been plenty enough for his taste.

"One of the abandoned places? I will make sure to keep that in mind then, when sending word to Queen DiaThiz. Thank you for the information.

Regarding the other things, I will make sure that the deals are made and gone through the proper channels to ensure that you will be able to wander freely among Equestria's population, Atzy. It will take a few weeks, but until then, I can give you an official writ that will inform any law enforcement approaching you of your current status with Equestria."

His horn would glow briefly, as he sent a message about the paperwork he'd like to get in regards to all their guests here.

"I will also procure the paperwork for you, Enzo, and then make sure that builders and seamstresses are contacted to start working on your requests.

I would like to also discuss a matter with you though, miss Karmic. As you have a good relationship with the gemlings, in part due to your link with Atzy, I would like to ask if you would consider being somewhat of an attache between them and Equestria? A friendly face to function as a link between our kinds could well be a welcome beginning to our relationships.

I assure you, it would not be a taxing role. We would simply ask that you could function in an official manner, by delivering and returning various paperwork and requests from either side for a time. The first times will be a delicate matter as they transition into having diplomats of their own, and with a willingness to make official visits here, so it might well be best to have one they know and trust want good things for their kind, to function as one until things have settled. I assure you that we will pay you for the work. Let it not be said that the Equestrian kingdom tries to skimp out on their workers.

You do not need to answer right now either, if you need time to think of it, and you are of course free to decline, if you do please. It is simply a suggestion, which might help."

============================================================================================

@Sekel

Cherish would be dragged along, and not be bothered by the heights so much. She had floated in some of the more damaged parts of the old castle before, where there were far down, and this seemed less scary than the mountain path. What with her anchor likely being easier to find here if it were dropped, for example.

It started to feel worse once she got up there, and had a chance to truly look across the battleground. Even without anyone on there now, and only signs of the many, many battles that had taken place there over the centuries, the sheer aura of it made her spectral spine shiver, and the color drain some from her face.

"I... I can almost feel it. The noise of blades crossing and screams from below, while arrows and spells fly down there... It's like it is ingrained."

Had to have been happening a lot, and pretty intensely to make a mark like this. How were anypony able to live like that? And for a millennia no less? You'd have to be crazy to willingly put yourself into this position, not to mention staying in it. And yet this were the life that Last missed...

"I don't want to sound rude, P-Princess Twilight, but this... Last came from this place, and she's uhm... V-Very intense. Do you think it might have damaged her?"

Speaking of Last, she were currently working on trying to open a door leading further into the temple down there whilst these two were on their sightseeing trip. They had plenty of time to work with before she were done, and even then, she'd wait for them before entering the room.

==================================================================================================

@Sekel

"You do not see what we have seen, young queen. Yet do not be alarmed. We will not harm him. It is those whom he came from we would harm if they started to arrive in great numbers. This world were better with them gone, and it will need to stay as such, lest we end up with a cataclysmic event once more."

"Hey hey, eeeeasy there everyone, alright? We're cool, right? They said they wouldn't start smacking me, and I for sure ain't interested in going against this world. I like it here. It's been a bit... Rough at the start, but beyond that, it's far better than the polluted mess I came from.

And y'know, humanity is looking like this."

A purple flare engulfed Happy, and a moment after, stood a perfectly normal human, with short, black hair, brown eyes, shorts, sandals, a plain shirt, and his key dangling around his fleshy neck.

"This here's before I ended up in this world, and ended up getting converted. Y'know, a simple human. Although I might've embellished my muscles a bit, and sunken in the gut. Bit of vanity, you know.

Anyway, this here's a dangerous creature, and I get why they don't wanna see more of this 'round here. So y'know, I'm sure it were just to see what'd happen if I got pressured a bit, eh?"

"Correct. We do not seek extermination of any creatures currently. In this case, we only sought assurances, and we now have both that, and a touching moment of one friend attempting to protect the other. It touches our hearts to see such a thing.

Regardless, things move ahead, and times grow short. Is there anything you wish to speak with us about before we depart once more, young queen? If not, we wish you good luck in your endeavors, and invite you to find us, if you seek to know what it is like to rule. You will find us on an island where gems stand tall, near were the dragons roam."

====================================================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"Splendid. Then that settles it. Soon as I return home to Canterlot, I will send out word and see what I can find, and in the meantime, you can reside with my dear sister."

"We have to clear out a room, but it should be okay. Chop can help."

The chef heard them and nodded, yet didn't say a word. It oddly looked like he tried to keep out of this conversation, even if judging by the curious look he sent before, he were invested in the answer. Yet he didn't like talking things like this with so many around them. Especially not here. He couldn't put a hoof on it, but something felt off about this whole gathering. And that was said as somepony who had met Pinkie Pie on several occasions, who tended to redfine what normal were.

Meanwhile, Scarcity would take a step back away from Dawn as she then turned to shout at Shortstack, with a short, minor grimace on her otherwise calm face.

"Dear, might I suggest that you refrain from further antagonizing Mr. Stack, regardless of how you might feel towards him? I do not think it wise to flare his temper."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I went flew through storms since i was young,” Windy's smile then suddenly dropped “But the worst kind of storms I've ever faced are Thunderstorms. I was young when i was working as a manager in my adoptive mother's hotel she owned, and i found myself in coma for several days in Coltagan Hospital” being struck by a lightning was not new to her, but getting strike by a lightning from a powerful Thunderstorm is way too cruel! She could still remember how doctors are surprised that she was able to survive the incident I could had become a ghost and met Sorrow so easily she joked to herself as she stare at Sorrow. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

He had a weird sense of nostalgia, he really hadn't had any of these foods in, well literally centuries. "All of those sound great, though I may have the hay burgers." He said, a food that he had on his mind since he got tired of the food delivered to his cell. "If possible some of the salad too."

====================================

As soon as he took her hoof she smiled "Well that's gr-" Then he pinned her down as she looked up to him and let out a huff. "You do know I just told you Shadow Streak is out there right?"

"Yeah she did." Astral blurted out, before shaking her head. "No no! The element makes us believe whatever she says." She then takes a cloth and wraps it around Opal's muzzle to keep it shut as she continued to grumble. "That is stupid however, Canterlot Guard are going to suspect us for that magic usage before anypony else, and they will come right here, to you."

She reached her hoof into the cloak around Opal, the only real part of her disguise, and took out the bottle"You are quite the trio." The bottle vanished, Chow now pinning down a random pony as Shadow Streak appeared out of one of the walls of the kitchen as the room turned to a green smoke "Obviously Opal wouldn't fall so easily to you-"

Out of sheer curiosity Misty wiped at his form, revealing smoke, looking to the pony in Chows grasp and slapping them
"Misty!" Astral yelled out, looking sternly, before she saw what happened to the pony...

A layer of green smoke was thrown off of them, revealing Opal beneath. "You make this more tricky don't you? Like of course the youngins can see through the illusions!"

Astral rolled her eyes "Hand over the element or we turn you in."

"I can use it without moving, as you just saw, so you'll never know if you have it or not."

"Chow, do you know how to make her talk?"

@Blitz Boom
"You should know already that I don't ask for help." Ruby said, emphasizing the word 'ask', she kept a small pause before she continuing "Speaking of knowing me, I don't get you." she moved her head to look at Leviathan again, her eyes were narrowed a bit, almost like she was trying to figure something out by just looking at her "Ignoring what I may or may not believe, you say you care about me and help me because you want to, but why would you?" "Your first experience with me was me threatening you, and I have made it pretty clear that I take pride and joy out of killing dragons, something you clearly don't like, you also almost stole an eye of a dead dragon from me, but that you couldn't know since it's hidden under this..." she pointed at the necklace "...my point being, why would you care enough to even tolerate me, if you truly don't want anything from me?" she didn't sound insulting or hostile in any way, it sounded like she truly was curious. 

------------------------------------------------------
So even that was stolen, of course, not that Nada had any way of knowing that, it was just a piece of wood, so she didn't blame herself for it. "What is with you ponies and hugs?" she said as she got closer to Ziggy, holding her hoof in a way that Ziggy would be able to know that she had gotten the permission for the hug, at least Nada didn't need to be so worried about crushing this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"I appreciate being appreciated, but please, do not overstate my effort, me helping others is as much of a benefit to me as it is to those I help, as it is the only thing I can do besides just walking around, and I don't lose anything because there's no risks for me, and my time is endless" Scarecrow didn't think anyone owed him anything, sure it would have been nice if most didn't run away the moment they saw him, but he couldn't blame them. "And though it really isn't any of my business, if I can help in any way regarding the others of your kind, I am willing." 

@Blitz Boom

“Empty minds? I guess even Discord has his standards, that much is apparent. But just the idea of owning someone else, calling them property, taking away their hopes and dreams… I still don’t understand why anyone would do such a thing.”

“Maybe we got off lucky, meeting amazing friends and getting by however we could. Small comfort that brings when I start thinking about the others who were exiled. Some of them probably didn’t even deserve it. Chances are, we’ll never see them again, and if they are still around, they probably won’t want to come back home.”

“It’s going to be a lot of work once we return home. For now, we still have something to look forward to. We’re going to have a fun night, Omen, even if we’re forgetting our worries for just a while. Thanks for cheering me up, everyone. Lets head back inside.” 

Sen would raise a claw and play with Shrimp for a while before setting him on his head.. Even in this quiet moment, he’d be reminded of the faces of those he considered friends throughout his adventure throughout Equestria. It was hard to believe that may soon come to an end and he’d have to face reality once more. Or rather, the reality that what was normal back home will soon be shaken up and he’d start working towards something big and new. It wouldn’t take long for the longma to see Ghilan trying a hoofshake and Rosa bowing. 

The elder smiled upon seeing the display before him, lightening his mood and trying to mimic the thestral’s gesture, feeling a little awkward while at it. He couldn’t finish the full action before he chuckled. But as he returned to the conversation, he could feel his confidence rising, energized and full of vigor. 

“It’ll be terrifying to stand before a whole council of elders but I hope I can convince them. If everything you told me could get them to try, then that is a victory in itself. But I am certain Sen and Lin will always try to make time for you; perhaps they can let you know what is happening from our end. I hope one day, we will see you again, and maybe we can meet the King Thorax and the Changelings.” 

Though preoccupied with the future, Ghilan wouldn't forget what Rosa mentioned earlier, and wondered if the Changelings and their king would be open to meet some day. Of course, there were still those baby steps he needed to take to build better relations back home but it was something to look forward to. He wouldn't notice the group standing by the mouth of the cave but they overheard the exchange and, to some degree, Sen and Lin would agree with that sentiment.