Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Windy, who stood behind Sorrow let out a gulp when Quill suddenly halt. The unicorn glanced and gave Sorrow a look as if her head's about to burst “Fine, go and make her move on. Just don't expect me to continue to be your guide if I saw a knife thrown at my head. Remember this: that ghost tried to behead me while I was taking a nap” she huffed and continue on her way “After appeasing her, we won't speak of this again, understand?”

Windy trot forward with a look of concern “I think your crossing the line, Quill” she told her.

“Oh, yeah? And what made you say that?” at that moment, Quill's horn glowed as she gave Windy a death glare “Remember this orphan: I might be the little sister of Writer Rhyme, but that doesn't mean I'm as generous as him. Now both of you shut up before I deliver a beam of magic at your faces” she told her and Sorrow coldly before muttering somepony's name.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't show it but she liked what she heard about Ludvig, hopefully this one wouldn't disappoint her when the time would eventually come for their little game, she was tired of creatures that were challenging only because of their size. 

"I have gone through the libraries, there's nothing for me to use." Ruby stated, fighting the urge to bring up Ludvig to annoy Leviathan more, it was a weird feeling to want and to not want to do something at the same time, but that was part of knowing oneself "Our magic works differently to those in Equestria, we cannot wield Equestrian magic, and Equestrians can't wield ours." "The difference is most likely why regardless of the many ways to detect magic that Equestrians have, I have yet to be spotted by most."

-----------------------------------------------------
"There isn't much to say really." Nada stated "Overgrown Timberwolf didn't like me and two of my friends got injured because of that." "I know it's not really my fault, and I know I'm not blamed, but I was still part of it." "Then I found the thieving mimic here, and because I had just came out of a fight, it annoyed me lot more than it honestly should." "And if I wasn't tense enough, I decided to read more of pony history, which from point of view of one of the 'defeated evils' is quite unfairly written." 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrow again observed Lyriel's doings, he wasn't really surprised by her abilities, not because they weren't impressive, they were, he just knew that pretty much everything was possible, being himself a thing he wouldn't have believed to be possible if he wasn't one. "Looks good, thank you." he responded, he didn't see anything wrong with the result, not that he would have necessarily said anything regardless since he didn't want to be a burden. He looked towards the hole in the crowns "It feels weird to see the sky here." 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

The siblings followed Marble up the stairs and into a cavern, a pillar as the centerpiece, representative of the golem-crafter’s trade. As bare as this place is, the two couldn’t help but feel awestruck at what is in their presence. Sen handed the orb over to Marble and awaited the next step, but the scholars were the ones feeling a bittersweet anticipation, anxious but ready to see what becomes of them. The shape, the contours, every cut and corner slowly taking form until it materialized before their eyes and…

They’re tiny. 

Well, the minotaur mentioned the result wasn’t a one-to-one recreation yet. Even the siblings thought they were a little too small to match the scholars’ description. At least the appearance had to match before proceeding with the next step. 

“Uh, this wasn’t exactly what I had in mind when you gave us your description.” Lin scratched her head while moving in for a closer look.

“We only said we were about half the size of full-grown adult pony; no mention of other defining features were made. Evolution has a way of altering appearances to meet the demands of the creatures that eventually become the modern-day equine. Frankly, if our line ended, that means there was likely another species that eventually led to them. Might have been the Plessipians. They certainly had the size and gait to match the ponies of today.”

But back to the constructs, the scholars looked it over and for those most part, the features are near-identical representations of the real deal. A brush-like tail, bulky torsos with toned flanks, four toes on the front feet, three on the rear, and an elongated head with small ears defined the key aspects of the ancient Hyracotherian and those were represented rather nicely. If possible, the finished golem shell might even sport the characteristic spots lining the length of their bodies. 

“Those those look just… like us. A scar matching a claw mark, a discolored line of spots, a long beard, and two with shorter snouts and longer eyelashes. The second of the lattermost design even has a long and wavy mane. We once thought we’d only see our old selves in our memories but this… this remarkable. It’s been a long time since we could feel any semblance of wonder and yet we see it here.”

There were no words left to say that could encapsulate the scholars’ thoughts on the golems’ designs. Even Sen and Lin could only stay quiet and see a spectacle happening before them. The long-extinct Hyracotherians may live once more, at least as long as the scholars remain around. 

“Temporarily bringing back a long-gone race to life. This could be an achievement for you, wouldn’t you say, Marble?" 

(I've provided a reference image of a Hyracotherium here for the Hyracotherian scholars. Yeah, I'm terrible with names :derp:.)

conception-artist-Eohippus-toe-bones-Hyracotherium-mammal.jpg

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom & @Pastel Heart:

"Oh yes, that would be Flit. It always is. But... just..."

"Look, Pony, you don't understand." Slimpsy shifted his weight fast from side to side as the stallion always seemed to be in motion. The Cephalli family often joked about attaching a series of belts to him and being able to sustain an entire city's energy needs just by popping a bag near his ear. "Us and ponies don't mix well! Surely you've seen what trouble just one of them can do? You get all of us together and all the Magic Hoopla kicks in and its inevitable! Some buildings WILL get crushed! We're not welcome anywhere, especially not as a whole! That's a fact of life! Written in stone! No horse wants to be around a... a monster like us! Even when They-" He waved his hoof loosely in a guessed direction which, oddly enough from an overhead view would have turned out to be the entirely correct direction of where the other four were currently. " ask me to rejoin, I don't! Because would YOU want to be a part of that monstrous mess?!!? The only thing that comes out of us being together is Death! And that's as clear as solid ground!" It should be clear to anypony and even the young fillies, through Slimpsy's scattered warnings, that he had to be outright dragged much of anywhere.

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

At this point, Pastel was just gonna take Slimpsys paranoia with a grain of salt. Seems thats how he was. She shrugged and looked to Jelly.

"I'm all for strolling around town! One might call it a casual stroll."

The non-existent audience all claps.

"We could go see grandpa, maybe he's seen something! Or if you know any pony else who sees things! I dunno the layout here so I think I'd get lost on my own, nyaha... I don't think the big guy likes us, so he probably won't come."

With that, Pastel pouted and began talking loud enough for him Slimpsy to hear.

"Poor us~! Just two lonesome fillies alone in a town like this. It would be awfully irresponsible if we were left all alone and met with a terrible fate!~ what kinda awful, irresponsible grown up would allow such a thing~?"

...What a deceptively manipulative filly.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Probably. That sounds like a fan story that's been done.

The sprite ball flatly toned as it bounced in the air. Then, as if to punctuate and interrupt the digression, a map would poof into being in front of Catpone at about where he would comfortably hold it to look at.

But no! Our quest lies upon the steep cliffsides of this barren... Wherever This Is! Scale these rocky sides and journey along it for a Fournight! (...whatever that means.) and we shall come across our vaunted prize! Perchance! We may yet find tools along the way to aid us in our journey as soon as we invent-, I mean, come across them! TallyHoo, Protagonist!

The map would appear to Cerberus as leathery old. Simple enough to read, it showed the Badlands valley on the usual map grid and it would instruct him to climb the tall, vertical cliffs then journey northward about a mile or two (in the direction of Ponyville, fortunately enough) until he would come across the glinting view of the Golden Muffin ontop of a mesa, flat topped mountain that only just touched the cliffside of the Badlands. From there, he would have to make a dangerous, far jump to a wide boulder on top of a narrow, pin of a mountain. Odd how many times barely balanced boulders seemed to be on top of tiny mountains in nature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Sekel

"See, that's why I don't trust ponies." Kaltrop spoke lowly from where he stood at the table in the kitchen, head bent low and approaching Dawn Streak. "They keep secrets, have goals of their own they run out on you to go do. Ponies have a society, an order to how things have to go; like eggs being a test subject for fillies being usual practice for their schools of magic.

In the Dragonlands, we just fight and put up with whatever the outcome is. We care enough about something, we yell it at each other, fight about it and get it out of our system. Which is probably why my parents never cared to find me. I either survived or didn't; I wasn't in their life anymore so that was as far as a dragon should think about these things. ...sometimes beings leave you.

... That's why I can't... I'm not... supposed to be a part of the pony world." There, he sorrowfully let it calmly hang, silently intoning that he felt he wasn't really part of dragons either but that wasn't something his pride could let him admit.

Sekel & @Blitz Boom

"I know a spell for sleep aid. But, ah, that is a beside.

It's... how to put this... Imprisonment isn't of my foremost concern, you see. That, we've had happen before and lived through it. There's alot we get through when we put our heads together as you've seen before with how thick-skulled Shortstack can get. But, um... When I asked, I had meant more of a... uh, an alert. Aid in knowing the wearabouts of each of m-, us. Gathering us together isn't necessary... or required, suggested even, w-we, uh...

We don't do well in enclosed spaces."

Blither, the slight stallion that he was, squirmed a bit at the rather foreboding tone he had put in his warning. 

*Meanwhile!*

"Oy! Big Boy done got his hoof shoved up 'is Big Head, innit he? Not like griffons don' eat meat, not like them Posh Snits up in yer fancy-pantsy mountaintop capy-tol don't eat the weird nonsense like goose livers n' sea snails or whatever gets in their knuckleheads! If yee a cook, then yee gotta give what's needed! Iffen yeh here ta serve, then why don' yeh start servin' m-"

In a soft, fluid, casual movement most use to lean on the shoulder of a friend, Sunny's hoof came down on Shortstack's head. What was intended to be a pat, of course carried a bit more weight when the sister's hoof covered almost the distance from the top of his head to his chest and even with reluctant attempts at pushing her off, Shortstack was softly stepped on as means to interrupt him. Seems this was habit in this family. As well as interrupting, clearly.

"Shortie! Don't be such a MeanieHead! If this poor baby doesn't want to do what you want, its no cause to be shoutin' at him! Poor colty-wolty got too many ouchies! Don't you be botherin' him! You eat your dinner like a grown-up now!"

"I am a-!  Bah! ....I'll settle for something charcoaled." 

Monolith didn't turn to face Alonsus when he talked; what sure seemed like this member of the family's particularity. The way he stood, unturned and standing knees locked, it was as if he was awaiting permission to sit, relax or even face those he was talking to. 

"Thine grooming twould not be required information. Thou seeketh information for thine own ends? Bespeechment begats the trade of information."

If Alonsus, a stallion inclined to putting on airs, knew of it, he would recognize what was casually referred to as Old Canterlot Voice, or more jokingly referred to as Canterlock, for its impression of much older ponies putting far more emphasis and outdated terms and basically strangling any capacity to be understood. Princess Luna was well known for doing this when she attempted getting back into the ruling eye of the commonfolk, albeit Monolith didn't quite carry the galeforce winds Luna managed. Though way he did it did seem like he was about to launch into some ancient monk chant or something. As serious as Monolith seemed, it would seem out of place for him too to be also putting on airs of a long since outdated way of talking.

*Meanwhile!*

And also regarding Blitzie!

Slow and calm was not Flit's style, or much of the Cephalli family, really. Flit would grab the entire mug's open end with his mouth, and up end it swallowing all its contents in one motion. Despite the contents being decidedly still piping hot, Flit's hooves never left the table or show any sign of him flinching from such. In the next motion, wrapping his lips around the wooden mug, he pulled it in and swallowed it whole in what was clearly a well practiced move. It seemed very likely he was doing this to show off now as well. 

Looking back down, licking his lips, he met Straw Hat with a wide, cheerful grin like he always had while his bright red, long hair fluttered back into place behind his long neck like the hood of some cartoonish cobra. He guffawed like a schoolcolt.

"Hah! Changeling! I'm SUCH a Master o' Disguise, ain't I?!" Flit flicked his head back to where Berry stood. "Do I e'en look like I can lie?! Suppose I get me a big, dense coat an' some detective hat! You get much changelings just outright punchin' a store open ta steal cupcakes around here? Hah! Don't answer that, I know Ponyville's rep!

As if a Changerling could be putting on a disguise of a stallion this sleek and gorgeous! Ain't that right, pretty thing? If I was tae feed on lovin', I'd be eatin' something a bit more solid of a Love Essence, eh?

... Besides. What I is, is something much bigger!

......You all seem to prefer things bigger, from what I hear. I'm more of a "Flexible.""

@EQ_Theta

22 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Those those look just… like us. A scar matching a claw mark, a discolored line of spots, a long beard, and two with shorter snouts and longer eyelashes. The second of the lattermost design even has a long and wavy mane. We once thought we’d only see our old selves in our memories but this… this remarkable. It’s been a long time since we could feel any semblance of wonder and yet we see it here.”

"The Stone Matron ensures that only those who are enlightened enough to feel the spirit of those who wish to be contained, can ascend to her inner circle. Such were it with me, the many Marble Wonders before that, and all the others who wanders with her.

As she lectures us: The soul is not a liquid, which can be poured into any vessel. It holds form, and we must ensure that the shell holds true to that form."

"Your predecessor once explained it to me as comparable to constantly wearing the same pair of unfitting shoes. It is something which you can live with, but it will remain a constant irritation."

Marble nodded at this comparison.

"A simple way to think of it, yet one that holds merit. Still, I think it important to inform you tha- Wait, don't do that!"

Marble's voice got panicked, as his eyes went wide and he reached an arm out towards Lin, though she should be able to see that the look he had were towards something going on somewhat behind her, to the side.

It were not Rosa, who stood near the figurines and looked them over in silence, observing the details of the curious spirit's manifestations. He too had not thought this, but rather something akin to a midget pony. This were somewhat towards that, but that were more related to size he'd assume, once he eventually got to see a full sized one. Form were rather different though, and reminded him more of a capybara than a pony. Perhaps a related species? They'd likely never know, but it were somewhat fascinating.

The one who did cause some issue though, were Omen, who had looked briefly at the figurines, before lowering her face to the clay to try and sniff it, thinking it were perhaps magical in nature, or alive. She hadn't been able to feel out anything, so she went on to another tried and true testing method. Meaning that she were currently sticking her entire head down into it, which to normal creatures, were rather dangerous. What with the need for breathing and everything.

Omen however, just rose her head from the clay, grey in the face and dripping with the liquid that had just before been used to make the figurines.

"Please, do not try to drown yourself in here. These are sacred grounds."

""I wouldn't worry about that. Omen is a... Construct of a kind as well, whom does not need to breathe. I'm sure that Scarcity can fill you in on more details later. Can we please proceed with this, Marble?"

The minotaur looked unnerved, yet at the same time, relieved that it seemed less severe that Omen had dipped her head into the clay, though it still did not explain why the urge had gotten hold in her. They would surely have much to speak about, Scarcity and him, when it were time for them to discuss the price for all of this.

"I will take your word for this, for the time being. Regardless, if you wish to be on your way, you can do so now, or you can wander our compound and see more how we do things, if that is your desire. With the forms in place, I need only to discuss what materials I need with Scarcity to begin building the full sized ones. Once I have them, the ritual will be prepared for the following night."

"I'm certain this will take mere days, darlings. Worry not, I will make sure to inform you when everything is said and done."

Perhaps a lofty goal for some, but with Hammond having their *scent* then much like Omen, he could now track all of them down. Not as inconspicuous as the ferrymen maybe, but it would still serve her well in her purpose.

As for them, it were now up to the group what they wanted to do, and both Rosa and Omen looked towards Sen and Lin for answers on this matter.

====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Magic isn't just magic. Elemental, transformative, arcanic, harmonic, etc. There's many schools, and only fools thinks that what works for one can work for another.

All I mean is that with changelings starting to get into their society, there might be something there, as they are an infestation all around the world, and have lived with transformation magic since the known beginning. Some of them might have if not direct experience with the magic in your lands, some pointers on how to work this kind of magic that could be helpful. I don't think the chance is high though, but it didn't seem right not to mention it, in case you wanted to try."

It was an odd thing, speaking to another dragon about magic. Even here in Equestria, where the dragons were sectioned into being elemental related, there were hardly any real magic to find, as the talent for such a thing were not all that common among them. And even then, most who had the gift, didn't actively try and improve themselves. They just kept being brutes, and made use of the small sliver of power they were able to harness.

As a magic using dragoness, it were frustrating to Leviathan at times to see this wasted potential, and oftentimes rather lonely to know that it were hard for her to find another to speak with about these sorts of things. At this point, it had honestly been years, and that were only because she sought one of the Silver Valley dragon leaders/overseers out, whom were known for wielding magic. Not in the same way as her, but beggars couldn't be choosers, as the saying went.

"And you'd be surprised how bad magic detection is in Equestria. A few tools here and there, and some higher rank users can spot it, but the majory wouldn't know magic until they saw it, or spotted a horn on a pony. Coming from the outside, I can imagine you'd just make it even harder for the detectors they do have in place, which I can see the practical side in having going for you. The less who knows, the better, yes.

I'm just about done with this pelt. so what do you want to do from here? Rest? Walk? Scare some forest dwellers?"

A few slices to go and she should have as much of the skin as she could use, to add to the under layer in the cave. Rest would be in too small scraps to matter, so they'd go into the ground, along with the rest of the carcass.

================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, history's sadly written by the winners, so everything just gets sorta looked at all the same. Gonna be a whooooole lot of rewriting to do when you're getting into society all legal, and can tell your side of what happened, huh?"

Ziggy tried looking at things in a positive light, which meant that right now, sure things were not too good. The history of sirens (in Equestria at least) were tainted with a one sided story only really touching upon three of them, instead of their race as a whole, and those like Nada and Serenade had been forced into hiding because of the public perception from this one sided tale.

On the plus side, things might be about to change for the better, and that were at least something to be happy about, right? Both sirens were in talk with supportive princesses, they were getting set up in advance, and they had some friends among the varied creatures of the area, which should give some credence to them being fine beings. Long as nothing went horribly wrong, things should start to really look up for them.

"But you said your friends got attacked by a large timberwolf? Are they okay? I'm a doctor, I can check them out and make sure if they are. Or have they already gone to the hospital? Might've been somepony I know. What's their names? Unless they're secret friends, then I get it. A lot of hush hush, hehe."

=====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"One shouldn't go through life, living in darkness."

Lyriel would step forth, and bathe in the light next to where the apple tree stood. Her eyes were closed and on her face were spreading a large, pleased smile, as she felt the suns ray on her being. It were invigorating after having followed Scarecrow so far into the darkness, even if she could also feel the weakness from the act she had just done. It were not normally so taxing, yet she had to use her powers quite a lot already today, on both other errands, as well as to speed up her recovery after the encounter with the matriarch.

As she started to talk, she as such couldn't help letting out an elongated, pleased sigh, whilst she sat down and enjoyed the light, as long as there were a chance to do so. Considering recent events, she did not expect it would be long before there were things to head out and deal with again.

"Aaaah... Is it not a good thing though, having the sky here? Not just so that you can see the fathomless splendor above, but also for the benefit off those with wing, whom you try to drag out of damage? I know little of those who flies, yet are ranked above the animals, but I could see them seeking the safety of rising above ground, where the most threats lie."

====================================================================================

@Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️

Sorrow considered talking more to Quill about how the spirit probably wouldn't have tried to hurt her, if she weren't in a confused, suffering state, but it were pretty clear that Quill were not going to be one of those who cared to listen to it. She were angry, set in her point of view, and wanted little to nothing to do with all of this, and openly showed hostility to the mere notion that she should as much as think about the whole thing again.

One part though, Sorrow thought that it had gone on long enough, and she rose her voice a little, ready to slam this mare for throwing into Breeze's face that she were an orphan. Something which were incredibly rude and insensitive, and not something that she wanted to hear. If this were the sort of thing she'd pop up with, they'd find the haunted area themselves.

At least, that were the plan, before Legion's eyes flared up substantially, with the flames on the wisps now reaching to the top of the old skull. What exactly where going on weren't possible to hear for anypony but Sorrow, yet it seemed to shift her priorities, as she stepped down, and started to shush, whilst stroking the top of the skul, like a mother trying to calm her screaming foal.

"Shhh, it's okay Legion, it's okay. It'll be over soon."

She'd wander closer to Breeze, and talk low, as to not get the attention as much from the muttering, rude mare in front of them.

"They're upset at what she said to you. Hopefully we're there before we know it, and they get really cranky."

If Breeze would touch the skull, she'd find that legion would give her their sympathy, along with some colorful phrases about the rudeness that had befallen her. Some of them had lost family members, and as such, did not like having that thrown into the face of anypony who had been through the same. They knew the pain that sort of thing tended to cause.

========================================================================================

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

*sigh* He were really not awake enough to deal with beings like this right now... Yet as always he had to, because who else would? Currently, that would be nopony, and it were clear that not dealing with this bunch were the worst idea one could have.

"I need to know where all of you are, because everything so far says that alone or apart, you're trouble. But if you are willing to tell me what you actually are, I could have you elsewhere, until I get everything sorted, and you could have a head start running away from town before they arrived. There are too much secrecy going on with you all which I am still not told anything about."

2 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

hear.

"Poor us~! Just two lonesome fillies alone in a town like this. It would be awfully irresponsible if we were left all alone and met with a terrible fate!~ what kinda awful, irresponsible grown up would allow such a thing~?"

Stargazer's tired eyes wandered over on the filly as he had been about to ask both pastel and his daughter to wander along before he asked more of Slimpsy, since the topics he were bringing up now were inappropriate for their young ears, in his opinion.

And then she had gone ahead and more or less dared him to send them off alone, as he then wouldn't know what sorta things they might get up to.

"...Something tells me, that I'm going to have to talk you two out of trouble more often than I had first thought, young lady.

*sigh* But you're right, the last one is still out there, and there's no telling what might happen. You might as well stay near, but try not to listen too intensely to this one, okay? I don't want you two to overhear something too graphic."

"I think you're thinking about this wrong, mister. You say your family is dangerous, right? But you know a lot of rules, and know how to run away from things, and you help others to get out of danger! Isn't it safer when you're there with them? And they're family! Even bad, that's still important. Daddy always tells me that family means everything, and that you should always try and work with them, even in the bad times, because you never know when they're not there anymore and you'd miss them."

This one stung a little for Stargazer, as it made him feel guilty about how he had dealt with his own half brother so far. Yet something he would still not mention, as he weren't sure yet if their lives would mingle. Depended on his court case quite honestly.

=============================================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

4 hours ago, Widdershins said:

We don't do well in enclosed spaces."

"Hmm, is that so? Perhaps you would be willing to elaborate a little on that? If so, I'm sure I could arrange for the officer to be more lenient on the space we're gathering you in. Perhaps we could find ourselves a nice, open area for example? I do believe I saw a rather delightful tenting tent area that were being taken down whilst scouring the town earlier. It should lave a sizable, secluded area, if that is more to your liking?

Of course, we would have to know what might happen otherwise in a few more details. I'm sure you understand, that I can hardly sell our dear officer on this, lest he knows what might exactly happen to say, his home, as an example."

Scarcity would speak calmly and openly to this nervous stallion, thinking it best, considering his apparent nature. They may wonder why she had not offered this earlier, but truth be told, she preferred to keep some options on hoof, just in case. This minor tidbit of information were but one of them, which she considered useful in the longer run, soon as she had seen Sunny, and wondered how many of these would be able to keep in one place.

That being said, something for something, yes? If she were to do this, she would expect a little something in return. A morsel of information, if you would. Hardly something rash to ask for, no?

5 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"Shortie! Don't be such a MeanieHead! If this poor baby doesn't want to do what you want, its no cause to be shoutin' at him! Poor colty-wolty got too many ouchies! Don't you be botherin' him! You eat your dinner like a grown-up now!"

"I am a-!  Bah! ....I'll settle for something charcoaled."

Chop did not flinch a bit from where he stood, though he did get more tense, as if he expected Shortstack to suddenly lounge forward and attack him. Which in fairness, were a likely outcome, from what he had seen of the stallion thus far. An aggressive little thing, making up for his *shortcomings* (Oh Celestia, not again...) by going right up in your face. Sunny seemed to have halted him for now, yet that were mainly through sheer, physical force, as he seemed unable to move after his tantrum.

"Griffons are not ponies, and the idiots you're talking about have almost nothing of this in their meals. It would make them sick to eat it whole."

Like many others outside of the ring of higher ups, Chop had no respect for the nobles, or rich ponies in general. There were a few exceptions, such as Scarcity, this adventurer he knew off called Billowing Smoke, and Captain Shining Armor, but they got a pass for being down to earth enough to still mingle and speak with others, regardless of stand, and actively try to help others via fundraisers, charitable donations, or in the case of the captain, influencing the Crystal Empire to set of varied scholarships, which benefited several creatures.

And as for the ones claiming to eat meat, he knew their dirty little secrets, about rarely have any, or only a tiny amount of meat within their meal to make the impact lessen, whilst parading they could do more than normal ones, and presenting realistic looking tofu. Realistic looking if you were a simpleton that were, but he were a cook. Not a fancy restaurant one, but a darn good chef regardless, and he couldn't be fooled that easily.

Lesser generals would likely have asked him to keep that to himself, and push him a bit aside when meeting others like this. Tidal Wave though, had actively asked him to come around, to encourage him giving them an earful, as she couldn't give a toss about them either. One of several reasons he considered her not only his boss once upon a time, but a friend, even these days. It would be good when he could finally get back to Shark Bay and mingle with her, her husband, and Chompy again. It felt like a lifetime had passed since last he saw them, along with several others from the Coastal Guard, who had been nothing but encouraging of his sobriety.

Honestly, had it not been for all of them, as well as those helping him here in Ponyville, he weren't sure if he would have lasted the first two months off the bottle.

"But fine, you want meat?"

His tone were near challenging, as he turned away from this tiny annoyance, and towards his coworker, who were currently speaking with Monolith it seemed.

5 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"Thine grooming twould not be required information. Thou seeketh information for thine own ends? Bespeechment begats the trade of information."

"Ah, you misunderstand. I say not that the great Alonsus can only offer grooming tips. I am merely stating one of my well earned titles, and offering my sizable advise to you."

He were still not graspig everything Monolith were going on about, but he were starting to grasp that the way to talk with him, were much in the same way as one should with Princess Luna. Tune out some of the cluttering, pick out the important words, and formulate the real sentence from there. It were not perfect, but it were hard to communicate otherwise, as the olden tongue were rather... Weird, to put it simple. At least to his modern ears. Peculiar that Monolith used it, but it might be a higher learning sort of thing. Alonsus had not been one to gain a higher education himself, so it were hard to say if this were not somewhat standard for those sorts of things, if you got high enough, into specific studies. History mayhaps?

"Ease yourself, friend, and share a tale. Perhaps you could tell what sort of learning you have? You speak like one whom I could see as a historian. A librarian maybe? The olden tongue does not speak of a foolish pony, that much Alonsus is certain of."

"Alonsus."

The well groomed stallion turned as he were talked to by Chop, surprised at the interruption, as he had seemed well occupied himself.

"Get me the pressure cooker."

"Are you certain? I thought you informed me that it contained something ordered by a peculiar dragon in the vicinity."

"You want it differently? Fine. Then take this one with you, and get me the package."

Alonsus seemed like he wanted to say more, but were stopped with a narrowed look. Chop might be smaller, and less physically able than him, yet the scarred, former guard had a rather intimidating aura when he wanted to show it. Better than any he had ever used, back in the mob, which were saying something. Being a hired muscle took some brawn and scariness to get the point across.

"Ah, yes... V-Very well. Monolith, would you be so kind as to help? It will make this a single trip, rather than several, as what is asked of me is too heavy even for a stallion of my impressive stature."

Behind him, a small, brief smirk managed to get on Chop's face, as he were internally laughing at what he had said before. Annoying that he could not keep it in, but perhaps this faint look would be missed, and not meddle with his gruff exterior. Around these, he could not be seen as weak. Not long as They were here as well.

==================================================================================

@Widdershins

So there it went. The entire concoction, down his gullet. As expected, it seemed to fall to his taste, so now it were just to wait for the strong sedative to take place. Considering it could knock out a full grown minotaur in less than twenty seconds, he would assume that even int he best of cases, Flit should be down within a minute or two. Meaning they simply had to drag time along, and considering his job, drivel weren't hard to keep going. It were a rather effective way to get folks to buy more coffee, whilst the talk went on, so it were a useful skill in his opinion. One he tried to learn the others to varied degrees, with Berry likely being the one to take it the best.

"Bigger than a changeling, but still a form changer? And a rather blunt and honest one at that, clearly. A strong trait in my opinion. As harsh as it can sometimes be, honesty is something that we all need in our lives.

Might I ask what it is that you are then? A sire perhaps? I have heard stories of them rising from the depths and wearing the guise of a pony before. Simple rumors I put little stock in of course, but I would be impressed if it turned out to be wrong. Not something I'd expect to see in my lifetime after all."

He signalled for Berry to make another blend for Flit, just in case this current drink did not affect him enough. If he were a siren size the likes of the sisters, he'd need more than what he had gotten to feel even drowsy he'd assume, so best to be on the safe side. He'd be okay with his own decaff however. There were still plenty in his cup, and he were in little to no rush.

As for Berry, she welcomed the change to get behind the desk and further away from this leech again. Stupid annoying, lanky thing. Why did the pretty ones always end up being such barren flanks?

"I take it that you're a frequent pub goer, so you'd know the sort of tales they'd tell, yes? I don't see any being drink that quickly without it being a well trained thing, which have almost always to do with drinking contests. You're among the three fastest ones I've personally seen in this discipline."

He kept calm, and tried to keep the lanky one engaged, though he were not touching the part about breaking in and stealing cupcakes. That were between Flit and the local law, and might spook him off is Star were one to take it up.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Windy smiled sadly, a tear threatening to come out “No, its okay. I've have received many more nicknames that are 2 times worse than being called an 'orphan'” she shook her head as she made an attempt to restrain her emotion from coming out. It was true she was an orphan, she didn't even see the faces of her family “I understand Quill. She greatly feared her former neighbor, I can't blame her for acting rude and insulting” she looked down at the skull “So sorry to hear my friend's sister said something that might be... offensive to some of you, no offense” she said.

As they walk on the street, Quill who was unaware of the conversation behind her felt chills, she tried to shook it off but to her dismay, it was still there. She knew they were near their destination.

“Hey Quill, what are you doing here, and who are your friends?”

The unicorn glance to the source of the voice. Standing several meters away from them is a earth pony stallion clad in royal guard armor.

Quill glanced at Windy and Sorrow to introduce them to the royal guard whilst trying not to give Sorrow a stinky look “Warn, this are Windy Breeze, and Sorrow. They are here to help us” she said casually before coughing out her Ire.

To Windy's surprise, the stallion named Warn didn't seem to recognize her as a Wonderbolt or was very good at maintaining that solemn expression.

“It's nice to meet you, mares” he said

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Well It slipped by me with everything that is happening, and this Opal stuff better not be part of a grand plan of yours."
Astral said, pointing at Emerald with narrowed brows, the trust still uneasy.

"What is needed here? I might be able to help." Chariot said, looking around.

"We need Chow's body for his magical potential." Sapphire blurted out. "Not sure you can fulfill that requirement."

==========================

Opal stepped back with an odd smile, giving the general some space. "How do you know this?" She looks to Iron, who asked this question.

"I saw him exit the forest, before he vanished, so he must have escaped."

He looks to shade. "Alright. Shade, can you get some guards on this?" While he was turned away, Shade could see some weird warping around Opals form, like a mirage on a hot day, as her control over the element slipped a little bit, before disappearing. "I'll keep an eye it from a distance."

@Blitz Boom

A body holds true, the essence contained within… 

Lin muttered what seemed like nonsense but in her experience is ever so accurate. She wouldn’t say it out loud but even her body is much like the golems that it contains a soul. She pretty much went through two bodies at this point: her original and Sen’s, yet is reminded about the possibility of a body’s restrictions. Would they dictate what the scholars can and can’t do? Eating, sleeping, the comforts of the natural body might not carry over to a forged synthetic shell. 

Yet it is the best alternative to outright cutting off their existence. Might as well be the ideal compromise among other possible options, if there were any at all. The longma would take another look at the little models before being interrupted by Marble seemingly coming at her but intended at someone else. She’d look back to see Omen taking a very close look at the clay. The Ki’Nathar’s curiosity is really quite something… Lin chuckled at the sight before walking up to her friend to wipe the clay off her face.

“You’re curious about the clay, aren’t you, Omen?” 

Of course, with Sen still keeping his ears open about what is to come, he walked up to the rest of the group to deliberate on their options. 

“There’s a lot more to see here and I wouldn’t want to pass up this opportunity learn more about golemcrafting.”

“Yet we still have a schedule to keep. We’re coming back here soon and if we can spare it, we’ll stick around for a little longer. For now, there’s still more to do.”

Lin groveled but relented, knowing there’s only so much time left in the world to be in Rosa’s company before the trial. She sighed and nodded. “Alright, seems like we have to attend to other matters. Thank you, Ms. Scarcity and Marble Wonder, for doing this. I think our friends in the orb will be very grateful for your help.”

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Chariot?" Karmic echoed in confusion. The name kind of sounded familiar to her but she couldn't place it at all. It was lost to her memory so she had opted to ask outright. "Who would Chariot be?"

"Um, I want to know about Chariot too but are you talking about the armory the royal guards have when you mentioned a locker?" Atzy asked the Ambassador in slight nervousness.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight gulped and stepped up to the shrine itself to study the inscriptions. She did recognise most of them being negation spells and sealing charms but what caught her eye was the inscription on the door. She'd seen it before in old spell books and looked over at Last, keeping an eye on Cherish out of the corner of her eye. She was confident when she talked about spells. It helped to quell her sickness of seeing the intense battlefield by a fair bit after all. "All of these are negation spells and sealing charms," Twilight pointed to the words and pictograms scrawled on the walls of the shrine. "However, on the door, I believe it to be the symbol of Nightmare Moon however I'm not completely sure. I only saw it once before in an old spellbook."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Other than Onache, the only other royal member I've met is you, King Thorax and I think Onache has more experience in ruling than you do," Aurora told Thorax quietly as she looked at the changeling king. Without meaning to, her voice had gained an authoritative edge to it and she was completely oblivious of the fact. "I'm completely new to being royal. You don't have a lot of experience from what I've seen in the time Happy and I have spent with you. I'd rather go to a changeling with experience, even if that changeling has done bad things in the past. Do you understand me?"

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"You're calming. I like that. It's a far cry from what I've been getting up," Dazzle told Long Stare happily. She gazed around the room and noticed how cramped it was with so many ponies in it at once. She snorted a giggle at seeing Shortstack comforted like a pet from Sunny's giant hoof and smiled warmly. "At least, far more calming than my first encounter upon arriving. You know, I highly doubt we'll be able to fit any more ponies in this place. It's a bit too cramped for my liking. As for finding my parents ... they're most likely still living on the edge of the Everfree on where it meets up with Bone Dry Desert in the south. I thought going through the forest would be the quickest way to get to Ponyville."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"You make it sound like you don't belong with the dragons either," Dawn said, looking up at him with a tentative stare and snorted. "Ever heard of Spike the Dragon? He's Princess Twilight's assistant and is very much a 'ponified' dragon. Maybe you can learn a thing or two from him about fitting in."

• Brohoof 1

@EQ_Theta

The clay would come effortlessly off Omen's face, attesting to its usually rather liquid state, though it would take a bit before all of it that had gotten up her nose would have run through, compared to what were on her face. It made her appear to have quite a strange sort of the flu, but other than that, she were fine. Mostly just curious still, on how the figurines had been made when the clay were not hard at all. Her current conclusion were that it were magic, and that were what happened when Marble had been chanting before. Reminded her some of spellcasters, or witches as some had called them, far as she knew. Magic users without horns, using big books, strange symbols and such. Been a long time since she remembered seeing something like that though.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“You’re curious about the clay, aren’t you, Omen?” 

"It is a strange magic."

She'd pull out her prehensile tongue, which would go up and dislodge some clay that were stuck in her ears. An action which made Marble once again raise an eyebrow in seeming curiosity. What strange creature had made a pony in form, yet with little of their functions? He could guess, but those he knew who would be willing, tended to be sort who did these kind of things for cruel, evil purposes. Yet this one didn't seem like she were any sort of danger. More like a curious calf, venturing out and exploring the world around her. Plus, neither Sen, nor Lin, appeared to be ones who were preparing to use this creation for what would have been unquestionably evil and vile, were Omen made to order by most of whom he were thinking about. Questions only mounted up further and further...

On 6/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“There’s a lot more to see here and I wouldn’t want to pass up this opportunity learn more about golemcrafting.”

“Yet we still have a schedule to keep. We’re coming back here soon and if we can spare it, we’ll stick around for a little longer. For now, there’s still more to do.”

Lin groveled but relented, knowing there’s only so much time left in the world to be in Rosa’s company before the trial. She sighed and nodded. “Alright, seems like we have to attend to other matters. Thank you, Ms. Scarcity and Marble Wonder, for doing this. I think our friends in the orb will be very grateful for your help.”

"You have the Stone Matron's blessing, so you will be welcomed in our midst, if ever you want to see and learn more. Long as you do not try any hostility on anyone here. We practice a faith of peace and solidarity, and would like for any visitor to respect that."

The guards were mostly there in place in case peaceful solutions wasn't an option, and a good deal of them did know how to fight, if the need arose, but they were a gathering of beings who believed in solving issues without having to resort to violence, if possible. Long as whoever came here accepted that, and respected there were to be no acts of violence on their grounds, things would remain harmonious.

In case they had not taken the orb back yet, he would reach it towards them, proclaiming that they were free to go as well, as they weren't forced to be here, before the ritual itself were about to begin. Though if they had taken them already, he would just stay silent, as Scarcity gave them what she'd assume were her final remark, before they'd depart.

"It is as always, a pleasure to deal with you, darlings. Do be careful out there, and try to enjoy yourself, rather than stress about these banalities anymore. I can assure you that I will take care of everything."

"We can try, but we'll see if it goes well. Regardless, goodbye, and may you both fare well."

He'd give a slight bow towards Marble, Scarcity and Hammond. Usually he'd say something akin to *until next we meet*, but that didn't seem likely to happen anytime soon, so a kind goodbye seemed like a better option.

==========================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

On 6/2/2020 at 5:06 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"Well It slipped by me with everything that is happening, and this Opal stuff better not be part of a grand plan of yours."

Emerald narrowed her eyes at the impudent little whelpling standing in front of her, accusing her of being responsible for Opal of all creatures, to be part of this.

"Niece or not, I will wash your muzzle in swamp water if you accuse me of that again. Even if I had a master plan, I wouldn't be working it with some low rung pretender, who probably wouldn't even know how to balance the power usage of the elements."

She'd wander over as the lot of them kept talking, which lead to the point where Sapphire would just spurt out the big plan, causing Chow to look as if somepony had simultaneously poured cold water down his back, and slapped him with a chair. Though before he could say something, Emerald would clear her throat to get their attention, preparing to say something important. She wouldn't get the chance.

"You What?!"

"I told her I needed to borrow you for the ritual. Now listen, th-"

Why me? And why this all of a sudden? Were you... Is this just some trap to force me into becoming her meat puppet again?? You have any idea what she made me do the last time?!"

Chow were panicking, as memories of the last time this mare had been in his head came up, and he would've likely gone further if Emerald hadn't hammered a calming spell right into his noggin.

"Yes yes, I did bad, I'm trying to change things. Starting with getting my sister back to life, and for that, I need a body with potential. She's dead, I'm not allowed to take over her rude little runt, and I've tried clinging to Chariot before. It's like trying to hold on to a slippery glass wall, so he doesn't work. So yes, it's you, or Sapphire stays dead until we scrounge up another. Now listen, the b-"

"You can't just expect m-"

"Oh for the love of Tartarus! The body is fake. It's not Opal."

Emerald just about had it with these idiots, and went over to dispell the little illusion around their quarry. As for how she knew? She had tried to see if perhaps this one were useful as a host, and illusion or not, she could tell when something wasn't a real being this close, since she couldn't possess them. She weren't a ghost after all, able to just cling on to anything. She needed a live host, and this one most certainly were not. Although the illusion were good, she'd give them that. She had to get rather close for this flaw to reveal itself. Troubling, effective little spell.

===================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Shade's eye narrows, and out of the blue, four of his team would come seemingly out of nowhere, and surround Opal in a half meter radius, looking at her with their varied eyes. All different, and all having both eyes exposed, yet nothing else, much like with Shade. They didn't have much of an expression going on in their eyes though, beyond waiting for further orders from their leader.

"If you had seen him when he left, then why did you come here, instead of following him, or reporting the sighting instantly? And this calmly? Seems awfully suspicious."

Were there a guarantee that this were Opal, or any other potential enemy, such as Chariot? No, but evidence were there for something fishy and magical going on, including the shaky form, which he most certainly did not miss, and did not represent how most changelings looked when they had that issue. Still, he wasn't planning on just taking her down and finding out later, nor out her just yet if it were. He had some tests to run, as well as some other plans if it did turn out that he were right.

If Opal were to try and find a hole in this defense, she'd perhaps find that it were not as easy, as she'd have to deal with Shade to get rid of his goons, though she could try and push them away, or perhaps do worse. It depended on how strong she felt she currently were, and if it were wiser to try to keep up the charade or not.

As a sign of cooperation though, Shade would briefly nod his head towards the left, and another of his goons were seen briefly jumping through the tree crowns, headed in the direction that were reported to them. Might as well examine every clue, and see where it lead, as well as indulge the general so far. Though he were not letting this one near Iron again. It would go against his orders, and give the *guard* a sleeping dart, jammed right into the back of her neck.

====================================================================================================

@Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️

On 6/2/2020 at 2:26 AM, Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️ said:

“So sorry to hear my friend's sister said something that might be... offensive to some of you, no offense” she said.

"They're more angry on your behalf. It's an unfair thing to throw at another, and Legion have known that sort of life before, and the pain that comes from having it thrown in your face like some kind of insult. Some of them are angry, others are trying to help me calm them down."

And then there were the thing that were distracting them. A certain chill in the air, giving off vibes that they were getting nearer to where they were headed already, thankfully. That it could be felt already though... This might be troubling news, depending on how far from the center they were. A spirits influence shouldn't be going this far, and feel so inhospitable to other. It were alarming.

She kept looking from side to side, attempting to spot somepony out there, when suddenly a voice interrupted them, and she turned to see that they had met up with somepony else. A guard obviously, so perhaps he were here to keep the area safe from passerby's? Or an investigator of sorts? It were hard to tell with the Solar Guards sometimes. Night Guards too honestly. They did a lot of things in the Royal Guard branches related to the law and figuring out things, so it could be either, though she'd guess just a regular guard so far, as she couldn't see any sorta specialized gear.

"Hello there Warn. We're here to try and help the poor spirit stuck here to move on. Well, I am anyway, and same with Legion. Breeze is helping because she's a kind and brave mare, who isn't afraid of a ghost.

I promise, I'm not a con artist or anything. I'm from the Macabre Clan, and I wanna make sure the poor thing moves on before she ends up more hurt, or hurts others for that matter. Can we please come through?"

The Macabre Clan were named so after the first one of her ancestors who decided to not just be a renegade, nomadic family of spirit talkers, but actually settle down and make a home for her growing family: Malady Macabre. Not the kindest of mares, but a tough one, who surely knew how to make a mark. Kinda why the name were stuck to them after her, regardless of a few uhm... *mishaps* on her side. All in the past though, right?

===================================================================================

@Sekel

"Chariot... An unfortunate history with a sad ending, which we are trying to rectify in his rehabilitation. In a manner somewhat related to the process Discord goes through."

"There's a difference between a clown and one of the element wearers."

Golden sighed and nodded slightly.

"Quite so, yet Lieutenant Hogweed remains adamant that he can be saved, though this will test her trust in him. It is hard to tell if this were with his consent, or against his will, before we can question him. For everypony's sake, I do hope that it is the pleasant outcome. I would prefer for this one to return to some semblance of glory, rather than have his name tarnished in history.

As for the armory, it is one we use to hold cursed items stocked up in, After a recent unfortunate event, and with a sudden influx of new items, there is a need down there to reshuffle some things, as well as clean up. You needn't worry though. I can assure you that nothing from that place, will escape and cause trouble."

He were completely unaware of who he were talking to here, though even if he knew, it were likely that it wouldn't be an issue, right? Atzy had to evaluate if she wanted to risk it, as seemingly, she had managed to get away from that place without anypony knowing that she hadn't just been destroyed. An advantage perhaps, as dishonest as it may be to hold this away from them. It might be wise of her to think of her self preservation here though.

@Sekel

"Her majesty sealed this room, before the fateful night happened. Perhaps she tried to seal away the darkness within her?

Whatever the case, she have taken it away again, and the room remains safe. We didn't fail her."

A small smile went on Last's face, as she were faced with the fact that whilst her home and way of living might be gone, their purpose had indeed been fulfilled without fail. She had been sure of it when the princess said it, but being here, seeing it for herself... It were something special.

If Twilight wanted to, she'd find that the door weren't too hard to open. Just had to activate a certain magical seal to open up and revealing the grand total of one, completely empty room. Only thing there were a pedestal of stone, and more intense runes and seals carved in on every square inch. Whatever had been in here, weren't meant to just get out on its own. Nor being gotten to, as it seemed to be a two way street. Perhaps Luna had not been as hopeful about her maidens being able to maintain their vigil after all? Or perhaps she feared traitors? Whatever the case, it were apparent that things had gone as they were supposed to. At least up until Princess Luna returned here. What happened after that, were anypony's guess.

"Hmph. And to think they called us delusional fanatics...

Anyway, unless you want to study this more, we should be going, your majesty. Though something tells me we'll need to blindfold you, or you have to put a beacon on me and teleport over later, because the only way to find that tower, if it's here, is to go through the battlefield. With all due respect, I don't think you can handle it, if just looking at it from a distance made you shaky."

She'd look the princess right in the face as she said this, wanting to both see and hear her reaction on this, as part of what she'd do. If Twilight looked as if she couldn't handle it, Last would do what were for her best, and tell her no. Sometimes, being a good guard meant protecting the princess from themselves, and Twilight would be the fortunate one that would have this perk too. At least to some extend. Depended on the topic.

==============================================================================

@Sekel

Thorax looked reluctant to answer at first, trying to find some hole in her logic, though as were seen by his eventually slumping shoulders, he couldn't find any. By Celestia, he wish he could, but his inexperience were a strong argument here that were working heavily against him. Combined with the low, but domineering voice that had suddenly come from Aurora, made him feel rather squirmish. Like he were a drone again, getting lectured by his queen on what to do, as if he were a newly hatched nymph.

"...Just try to remember who you are talking to, please. I have yet to see if she have actually changed, but the Onache that I knew, were an infamous changeling for her way of ruling, even among our own kind. Take what you hear with a grain of salt."

"Stories gets blown up, y'know? She weren't as bad as you're all claiming. Ain't saying she were perfect either, but that stuff's in the past. This here's the future, and now she's gonna help the future queen of the griffons too."

Happy would grin and push Aurora slightly on the shoulder in a playful manner. He considered briefly giving her a friendly bash, but y'know, royalty and all that, so foal steps here.

"Be that as it may, I still think my advisor would be better at helping you, when he eventually comes back again. He knows how to deal with politics between races and neither Onache, nor myself, can claim to be experts in that field."

A point that Happy had to concede. They really weren't all that great at that, but y'know, no way to tell what the future held yet, right?

"SO that sounds like we're sorted then. Seen some freaky stuff, have a set course for Aurora, and I'm just about tipsy enough to think this is all starting to sound like a really great idea. Come on Aurora, let's get on our way, eh? We got a message to pass along, and some plans to get sorted. Though you got the authority voice down at least, so that's gonna be helpful. You just a natural, or have you been hiding this gift to pounce on us when we least expected it? Either way, I'm loving it. Feels right."

===================================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

4 hours ago, Sekel said:

"You're calming. I like that. It's a far cry from what I've been getting up,"

"That's usually the last thing others says about me."

Stare smiled at the unusual compliment from Dazzle. With her quiet ways, most tended to find Stare unnerving, creepy, or downright scary, even though she could probably lose a fight to a melon. Getting told she were calming were... Uplifting in a sense, and she would hope that sentiment would last. It would be nice to have friends who didn't get creeped out around her.

"And I think you're right, This place is uhm... Well, it's not big enough for everypony here right now. We might really have to move out to that tent area, maybe. A big open space like that sounds like there would be enough space when the last two shows up, and everypony is together again."

There were a topic that she wanted to discuss though, which required a bit of thought before she opened her muzzle towards Dazzle again. Partially because she had to think for a moment on how to say it, and partially because the statement from Chop made her look towards him in surprise. He wanted to get the whole package here? Shortstack must have really gotten under his skin if he wanted to prove a point that badly. Or maybe it were also because Alonsus talked back to him? It were hard to say right now, though it were likely some kind of combination thereof.

This pause, Scarcity took as her cue to add a minor something, before her sister had the chance to spoil her fun in this whole affair.

"Bone Dry Desert you say? Why, what a marvelous coincidence. A fellow shop owner I know in Canterlot have a side business as an adventurer, and have talked about wanting to go there. Why, I will make sure to let him know as soon as I can darling, and you just remain here with my dear sister, so that neither part ends up lost looking for the other. It happens more often than many might think."

She were not telling the entire truth here. She did indeed know an adventurer who ran a store in Canterlot, who had talked about going out in the world again, to stave off the boredom a bit, but he had never mentioned this particular place. However, the right amount of purchases in his wares were going to make him receptive to at least the idea of running a side errand whilst doing his normal trip, and truth be told, Scarcity could find usage of a large amount of camping gear. Donating a substantial amount of that to the orphanage so that they could enjoy some vacation trips were a nice gesture, as well as a tax writeoff, so in the grand scheme of everything, everypony would win here. Weren't is just delightful when the stars aligned as such?

Of course, she were still doing a sizable donation in raw bits to said orphanage regardless. Despite her... Questionable morals, Scarcity were a mare who made sure to give back to society, even when there were not an incentive to do so. The orphanage were one such institutions, as she did not think it right that even during the summer months, they had to sit inside and feel sorry. Foals should be able to go out and enjoy life, and she had been thinking of a few, varied ways to do so in recent months. This were a coincidental way of making her decision on the matter that much easier, at least for the time being. she might still funnel some untraceable donation to provide for something else that would keep the spirit up among the little ones. Her precious little angel back home, would like to know that her friends were having as much fun as they could, and she were sure it could be arranged that she could join them on said trip, with a few alluring words, and some spending bits for the trip.

Ah, but all in due time. It were always enjoyable to plan these things, yet there were things to keep focus on here that seemed rather important, hmm?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Warn stared at Sorrow, eyeing the rodent skull. He want to make sure what her said is true. After a few minutes, his expression softed with worry “So you're from a clan of ghost 'interactors' huh? Sure you can come in, but be careful once you get inside the 'danger zone', somepony was sent to the hospital earlier after a hammer fell on top of them” he then turn to Quill, who froze upon hearing another pony sent to the hospital “And I'm very surprised you managed to go back, Quill”

“I came here. Reluctantly” Quill told him coldly.

Warn didn't flinch “Of course your just forced, judging by that look on your face. He turned to Sorrow “I would be glad if you managed to rest the ghost in peace. I'm tired of warning ponies to stay away from... What street was it, Quill?”

Quill shrugged “I don't know what the name of the street is affected by that ghost. All I want is getting these two inside, and get out”

As they talked, a pair of earth ponies can be seen, moving a hospital cart. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"It benefits me greatly," Dawn agreed.  "And many others, if not seen as clearly," Dawn knew Lily would not fully understand.  Her brother hardly understands at time, but that is why it is her purpose and not his.  It was simple enough to boil down though, "Worry not dear Lily, I have no draw to a monarch's throne or the chains of Godhood.  I have no such lofty goals.  I'm quite comfortable right here," she chuckled, tapping a hoof against the enchanted pillow that covered her own throne.  There was an audible type writer ding when her enchanted quill reached the end of the roll of parchment.  Who knew the prospect of planning for a new venture into a foreign land would be so extensive.  That was going to be a lot of notes to go over for the next few days.  Maybe taking this more day by day would have been more effective.  Too little too late.  "I'll need to go over what I've gotten already.  I'm sure more inquiries will present themselves," the long roll of parchment spun itself back up before winking out of the room in a spark of rainbow.  

"But please, darling, having to suffer my brother's company must be draining.  How about I show you to your room?" the hostess offered, but stood up from her pillow.  "I take it you'd prefer... walking?" it'd been some time since Dawn moved around her manor without using her own different form of travel.  All the others bellow in attendance rose from their hot tubes and stopped dancing on the dance floor in respect to the hostess.  The music had stopped as Dawn descended down the stairs and away from the party for the first time today.  Rainbow ripples cascaded from her hoof steps as she crossed the room back to the entrance Lily and Rising had entered from earlier.  The halls beyond still pitch black, but Dawn's pale rainbow steps provided plenty of light to follow.  The rainbow lights never left the floor, never ran over walls or other objects.  It was hard to tell if the hall was even that.  "I've learned about Harrowmark... Would you know of Equestria?" Dawn asked if Lily had chosen to follow.

Rising smiled, "I'm sure the Featherfolds appreciate that," he praised the sister of Troy.  Leaving the results of Twisted's downfall where it was.  At least it brought some form of relief to Void.  Null worried about him, how odd, but it could just Void be saying so to be the kind sister she is.  Rising did wonder how far Molotov had gotten with Null's wing replacement before the attack on the city began.  A pity he had to leave the two together before any results were known to him.  The detective took in the room as the pair entered, not the sight he was expecting to see from Null.  Nothing looked all that out of place or smelled strange.  The flask in Null's care was enveloped by her nullifying aura, preventing Rising from sensing any magical properties it may have. 

@Blitz Boom

The siblings bowed to Marble and Scarcity, and reclaimed the orb handed back to them. If the scholars had their own bodies, they would even try to emulate the longma and bow as well. It was a strange sensation, being able to feel… separate. They imagined themselves as one mass of souls with their different personalities reaching out and interacting in their distinct way but what came out was always a monotonous “we.” This was the closest they could feel their emotions becoming more individualized, or even simply feeling emotions. They pondered this in silence but they were grateful for the chance to be themselves again. 

“Farewell, to you all. Until we meet again.”

Lin opened a gate back to the cave, though she wouldn’t forget to wave back at Hammond. It might become a habit whenever he was around. Even Sen joined in and waved back at the little mimic, though it would also go the same for Scarcity since they were in the general direction. In this case, the same would apply to Marble. However they imagined the gesture would be received, they still mean to say goodbye. 

The gate opened to the mouth of the cave, untouched as it was when they were taken to the golem crafters. As terrifying as that experience was, there was hope they wouldn’t need to do that again. Frank so, as they now have two ways to go there. Either they’d be summoned or they’ll head there of their own volition. But those thought would take a backseat to what they are going to do now.

“I suppose we can now head off to the Moonlit Thicket.”

“This is gonna be fun! You know you could also join in on the games, Lin. You too, Omen!”

“Of course. Can’t wait to see Rosa beat you in some friendly competition! He’s more skilled, after all.” 

“You wound me,” Sen replied in jest, then looked to the thestral with the same jovial expression on him. “Hear that, Rosa? Looks like Lin is already taking your side.”

@Blitz Boom

Chariot pulled what was now shown to be a sack of dirt, with about the same weight as Opal, throwing it to the floor. "Of course! I knew something was off about it!" Chariot looked to Emerald. "Oh I wasn't easy to possess because I was resisting you the last time you tried to."

"Should I go back and see where she went?"

"Don't, she doesn't know where we went, and if you go back it'll might allow her to follow you back to us."
"Anyhow, what do you need for this ritual, at least anything that isn't, possession?"

================================

"Oh I would have! But it just so happened that a general showed up and his guard."
She said with and odd smile, despite the sudden appearance of a small force around her, she seemed to be overly confident.
Though something about her smile seemed off, as Shade would feel something similar to everypony else she lied to, and the faint echo of her words;
"I am not emitting any illusionary magic, and you didn't hear this."
Given Shade's experience with illusions, it wouldn't be as strong, as the memories of the words and illusionary magic around her started to slip.
"Besides, no reason to worry about it now right?"

Iron looked at her intensely, feeling something was intensely off about her, familiar phrasing to an old apprentice of his. "You sound familiar."

She looked nervously at him, smiling less confidently than before. "I hear that a lot."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Cursed items? Like what, if you don't mind me asking?" Atzy asked. She was still nervous but for the moment her voice was clear and steady. It was a bit of a shock to hear the guards searching through her previous but at the very least, she's going to keep quiet about her true origins for the moment.

"By element wearers you mean the Elements of Harmony?" Karmic guessed, looking between both Enzo and Golden. However, she didn't think they meant the Harmony Elements. She sighed softly and shut her eyes for a quick second. "You don't. You mean a different set of Elements. Alright. If it's fine, then hit us with what you two know."

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight stepped back a bit from Last's sudden face appear in hers. She felt her backside bump against the shrine and she breathed out slowly. "I don't want to look at that battlefield again, much less walk through it. I can place a beacon on you and I'll teleport after you," Twilight told Last with a quick shake of her head. She was still fairly shaken from what she experienced and didn't plan on going through it again. As much as she wanted to study the runes in the shrine, she knew she had to get away from this place even quicker. "The sooner we leave and get some of Marepunzel's hair, the sooner we can get Cherish planted at my castle." Having said this, she checked on the ghost pony with a small smile. "Now Cherish, do you want to have Last take you with her through the battlefield, or will you be prepared to teleport with me?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora coughed into her claw. "I don't know where that came from," Aurora mumbled. "I didn't even think about using an authoritative tone. It slipped. Oh Celestia, I didn't want you to cower, King Thorax," she added in a hurt tone while she stared at the changeling king. It came out. It's not like she exactly had control over that yet. She stepped from side to side and then shook her head before bowing it. "I would like to visit again, King Thorax." 

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"I don't even remember why I wanted to come to Ponyville in the first place, I'd rather simply meet up with my parents again. If this pony you know agrees to it, it'd be a big help," Dazzle smiled at Scarcity and looked back to Long Stare, ignoring Shortstack and his fiery anger. She tilted her head in curiosity and gently tapped Long Stare's shoulder with her hoof, although with how much strength she was used to exerting, it was more like a small shove. Dazzle smiled nervously and looked away and out at the rest of the crowd while she talked to her. "Sorry. You looked like you wanted to say something. Is there anything I can help with?"

@Widdershins
Cerberus looked at the map for few second after which he started walking, he would look for convenient way up the cliffs for some minutes, but if he didn't find one, the laws of physics would somehow change around him just enough for him to climb them without too much of unnecessary effort. If someone or something was to question this, there would be convenient inconveniences during his climb that gave him the ground to claim he had no idea that anything weird was happening. "You know, I used to know someone who was an adventurer, but their knee got injured so they became a guard for some reason."  

@Blitz Boom
"I have tried everything I have figured could be useful to me, the spells of Equestrian creatures just aren't compatible with my natural magic." Ruby stated "There is equivalent to most of them, but how they work is different, that's why from all forms I had to take Earth pony, I cannot replicate Unicorn or Pegasus magic in a way that it would fool ponies."  she would only nod to the comment about magic detection.

"But that aside, though it's not what I necessarily want to do, I should lay down for a moment." she said, moving to face the wall again, and this time if Leviathan attempted to put the pelt on top of the other, Ruby would actually let her, but she would disguise it as just happening to move to a better position at that moment. "Since you're notably older than I, I have to ask, do you have offspring? just out of curiosity." her guess was no, since based on what she knew about the family life of local dragons, she believed she would know already if she did.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't think you know them." Nada stated "The first one, arm injury, can handle it by herself most likely, and considering her living place, I believe she wouldn't want me to bring stranger there." "The other...she got knocked out but when I got back she had woken up and turned into a bush, so she'll be fine most likely." "Agni was also there, but I don't think he got hurt." 

---------------------------------
"Bit late for that don't you think." Scarecrow pointed out slightly humorously regarding Lyriel's first comment, though he didn't believe he had lived in the darkness when alive, he had no proof of course, but he doubted it.

"The sky isn't always safe either, the clouds are quite hostile, it's weird really, they act quite unnaturally sometimes." He commented "But yes, it makes it easier to get them out of the forest safely." 

@Sekel

"Sadly, even Equestria is not as safe and joyful as many of us would like. There are certain individuals who relish in a more... Dark line of thought, and those can at times, resign to making cursed items that can do any manner of unspeakable things. The worst of which I would prefer to not even think of, much less speak about.

When such items are found, they are gathered up, put in hex boxes or whatever other thing we might be able to contain them in, and store them either here, or one of a number of other sites we have for such things, until they can be properly cleansed by the O.M.I. A new branch of our law enforcement in recent years, who deals in these things. It is slowly, but surely, making a dent in the number of these things present.

You should know though, that not all curses or magical afflictions are intentional. Unicorn foals getting their first surge of magic causes all sorts of erratic effects, including curses, if they're highly unlucky. Thankfully nothing high brow that anypony have perished from, but things such as making a nearby lamp suddenly causing full body hair loss on all that it shines upon, are one of several non-lethal, yet frustrating effects that can at times rise occur.

Regarding the more dangerous ones... I can speak of only a few, as most were there before I even came to Equestria, but some includes a sealed crystal containing an aggressive wyvern, a fortune telling globe that fills your head with lies, whilst eating your own thoughts, and a zipper that will apply itself to the body and... I'd rather not to into details from there. The reports were disturbing enough as it were."

He did not mention the jar, as that had been there long before his time, and he frankly didn't even know about it. It were registered somewhere on the papers of course, but it were old and the earlier reports weren't even entirely correct all the times. A few times, they had tried to send the olden things off to the O.M.I. just to hear back that it were empty, or contained an old sandwich, or something similar.

"As for the elements-"

"The Elements of Disharmony. The counter balance to your precious, beloved Elements of Harmony. Greed, Depression, Betrayal, Lies, Dark Magic, and Hatred."

Enzo visibly growled with an angry look in his eyes as he more or less spat out the last element's name.

"I were kidnapped and forced to guard the Element of Hatred. Left to rot in a lone temple with it. I know far too much of them for my taste."

======================================================================

@Sekel

"I won't like it, but I think it's better if I got with her. There might be something out there, and I can uhm... I think I can give off a signal, once we're through."

Cherish didn't like it one bit, but the queasy teleport feeling weren't nice either, and she felt like she had to see for herself if the battlefield were like the graveyard before. Something had been very off there, and she had sort of a suspicion that it were not the only place.

"Good. Remember your majesty, it is not weakness to know your own limitation. It's wisdom."

She'd point down a path to the right, leading away from the inner shrine.

"Follow that path, go up the stairs, and wait in the tower. There is enough barricades up there so that you don't have to look out if you don't want to, but you can still keep an eye on the sky. If nothing goes wrong, you should see a signal from us in half an hour. A full one if something does, that we can still get out of."

It were hanging in the air that more time than that, and they likely had run into trouble they couldn't make it out of, but Last would not say more, and instead just wait to be given the piece that Cherish possessed, as well as the beacon, and when she did, go down to the left. There were a faster way out that way that she could use.

As for the wait, it would be 40 minutes, before far off, a flash of light were seen rise, then rapidly descending from the skies. If she followed that and reacted to the beacon, Twilight would find that she were about fifty meters from the battlefield, on the edge of a small clearing, in front of a forest of gnarled trees that rose about five-seven meters into the sky, and seemed to block out any light from entering from above. The only visible, dirt-stomped road going in there, seemed to also lose the visibility after about two meters in.

Last would be looking at that, mumbling to herself whilst holding the old castle piece in her hoof.

"Now it's just to wait and see if she noticed."

====================================================================

@Sekel

Thorax gave a small, strained smile back at Aurora, whilst she gave off an excuse for what had just transpired.

"It wasn't the tone as much as me trying to find an argument against your words, but thank you anyway. Regardless of my apprehension to this whole thing, I truly do hope that you'll do well, and I hope that if you have more questions, you know that you can always come around and ask. I might not know as much about it as Onache, but I have some great friends who does. They might be helpful in the long run."

He'd give her a reassuring smile, and would then say goodbye in the way that regents were supposed to. Standing regal, and give a bow. It were still something he were getting used to, so it were a little clumsy, but it should do the trick. Although, something seemed to suddenly distract him, as he looked to the side with ears perked up.

"I should go back to my hive. I think I have another visitor? The hivemind is very faint, but I get the feeling that I'm needed for something. You two take care, okay?"

"I'll come r'round for my cart later. And it better be intact when I get there! I need it for work."

Thorax would nod, and take off right after that.

"They best be keeping an eye out for it. Gonna need the income for the hive, now more than ever.

Anyway, I think we got this dealt with pretty nicely. Saw some freaky stuff, made some diplomatic progress, yada yada. You ready for us to get on the road again?"

==================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"Ponyville have many strange sights and creatures coming here. Perhaps you were curious?

And uhm, don't worry about what I were going to say. It were mostly just asking something that Scarcity already answered. My sister is good at predicting things like that, and think up solutions. She's a real problem solver."

She'd smile as she said this, and looked at her amused sister, who sent back a restrained, yet kind smile back at her too, with that little glimmer in her eyes that told Stare that she still found it funny to be referred to as such.

Mainly because nopony really knew how much calling her a *problem solver* actually fitted. They thought she might have some friends here and there that knew things, or she could help with a few things personally, but her position in the grand scheme truly were that of a problem solver on a level that would scare the mane off most beings, if they were able to grasp it. Stare only knew some of it, as Scarcity did not lie to her, unless it were for her own good, and she were both impressed and scared of her sister for that reason. Scarcity just always seemed to have an answer. Some kind of solution to any problem, that were so seamless that it were frightening to think of.

When Stare had wanted to move away from where they grew up, and towards this area? It were less than a day before she had a house waiting for her here, along with a well set up fund to ensure she were taken care off and didn't need to work. And when she lofted the idea of trying to find work, to help with her social skills? Less than two hours after she had talked about that out in the open with a friend, and she were in the office at Sloppy Joe's being welcomed with open hooves. Later she found out that she also had a pension plan set up, along with a half dozen insurance plans, worker benefits, etc.

Her friend swore that he had never even contacted Scarcity, and had no idea who she were, and that were something that Stare had come to believe in over time. Yet whenever there were a problem that she had spoken off, it just eventually got fixed. Issues in her home. Official papers, the time a customer had thrown a cup at her, bruising her, and later came in with a shaking jaw and profoundly apologized- She could mention many things, and that is just what happened to her. What went on to those not on Scarcity's good side, like their closest family...

Scarcity had always been resourceful and thoughtful when they grew up, but none of them had foreseen how vast her plans were, before she had suddenly set things in motion. Stare still didn't know all of it even. Whenever she asked what happened in more details back then, she just got a big smile from Scarcity that made the small hairs on the back of her neck stand tall, and the question *Do you really want to know?*. So far, she had not had the nerve to answer that with a yes, and something told her that she never would.

She did not hate her sister though. Much as Scarcity could be scary and unnerving to her, due to her seemingly limitless potential to solve whatever conundrum got in her way, she still highly adored her elder sister, and knew that she would never hurt her. She were just an overly protective elder sister, with good reasons for being like that. Perhaps now that they were able to speak more openly in public though, and Stare had some more confidence, they could have a talk about a few limitations though, later on. For the time being, she'd just be happy that her sister deemed the situation with Dazzle, as something that were worth solving.

As for Scarcity, she'd just smile as these thoughts went through her sisters head, though mostly to Dazzle. She considered holding her tongue for now to be wiser, as things were brewing int he room, and she already awaited answer for a few things, regarding the peculiar, non-pony family.

===========================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"The last thing I needed were the twenty liters of blood, and I have gotten that in a few hours ago. It's strange to see it stored like it is, but practical. The less mess from trying to gain it fresh otherwise would end up causing more trouble than it were worth.

As for your mind, perhaps you were resisting, but that strongly? You could push me out whenever you wanted to, and I can't repossess this one again. It were part of the deal, and I do not enjoy possessing rats or staying floating in the air. It is highly uncomfortable to not have a body, and rats have annoying instincts."

Up until she had been able to take over this pony, she had to deal with a rat as a temp carrier. Sounded like it wouldn't be much of an issue, but there were several. Among them, strong instincts to chew on things, run away and hide, as well as a strong urge to find a mate to make little rat kids. She'd prefer not having to deal with these rodent thoughts more than needed, to avoid less of the situation of being on a leash like she had been. For her own good maybe, but it were still demeaning.

"Everything about this is just risky. I'd really like to help Astral get her mom back, but this is asking a lot."

"You should be thrilled. A simple yes, and I could even unlock that potential you got hidden away."

"Yes i-"

He didn't get to finish the sentence before the red mist that contained Emerald's essence surged out of her current body's muzzle, and rammed into his, entering through mainly the eyes and muzzle. Whole process wouldn't take more than five seconds, and trying to interrupt it would likely make it drag out, unless you got him out of her reach and forced to go back. Not that it were wise to do so. It might end up really messing up Chow's head, and cause him to fall into a coma on the floor or something. A risk that had been explained to Astral before, though she might have forgotten it since. It were a brief mention by Emerald at an earlier point in time, when it were brought up that she needed this one. She might not care though, yet Sapphire could potentially intervene herself. Her life were at stake here after all, regardless of the methods.

(this next part only happens if she is not stopped)

They'd known that he were taken over once his front hooves and leg, almost up to his knee, went red. As happened to all her hosts.

"Right back to my first vessel again. How quaint."

She'd lift a hoof and look at it, a glimmer in her borrowed eyes as she looked at Astral with a chuckle hiding just beneath her breath. Chop really did come off as a lot less blunt and jovial when taken over like this. Emerald's challenging personality really managed to shine through well on both his face and in his posture, as well as the voice, which carried a kind of duality between their respective tones.

"He said yes, that's consent. Besides, if you could hear what he were thinking about you all... Hmhmhm, he would've said yes the second you'd have asked him, Astral. That is merely a fact.

In any case, the preparations are all complete now. Less than an hour, and the concoction is ready. Then we can bring Sapphire back, as I promised. If you want to do something useful in the meantime, return this other vessel to the Canterlot hospital. I made a deal with her family that I intend to keep."

=============================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Shade would feel the effects attacking his senses, and his eye would narrow even further. What were this insolent whelp thinking she were doing? Rewriting his memories? Pff, laughable! He had dealt with changelings and witches before. This were not the first time his mind had been assaulted, and though this were a different kind than he were used to, he did not falter as easily as she would likely have liked.

The tactic were the same as with them. Focus his thoughts on a few, simple things that he knew as truth, and use those as anchors while he weathered the storm through a few means. It wouldn't completely negate things, but it helped him to stay aware that something were happening, and long as he were aware of the issue, he could focus on it, and not get overwritten.

Opal however, would be able to tell that there were also a little magic in play to work against her assault further. A sickly, dark weave that seemed to engulf his being a little, and nearly ooze out of his unseen pores. A strange feeling which seemed to resonate on the silent team keeping watch on her currently. As if they were connected in some way.

Whilst the mental assault were weathered, it would provide her with a chance to retaliate if it were, as his reflexes wouldn't be the best when this went on, so she could distract, or push back against him or the squad. Maybe get the upper hoof for a little while even, though it wouldn't be wise long term. As a former/current guard who must've heard stories of Shade, she might know that.

In case she did not take her chance however, he would 

"Your tricks won't work on me, witch."

Two of his troops would retreat from Opal, and go to the general, to be joined up by a third to give him some protection, whilst the two that remained would dash forward, aiming to engulf Opal. Due to her recent attack, she had a fair chance at avoiding that, though she best think quickly, as apparently Shade had evaluated that she were too much of a risk to his primary goal to tolerate her presence further. Silence would've been a good way to deal with things then actually, but being vocal helped hi against the continued attempt at the words to seep into his head, and make him think that he were just being paranoid.

Still, if she wanted to sow some unrest, she could also just throw back in his face that she might not be the only witch here. Iron might not like hearing that little tidbit, and considering her element, she might be able to easier convert him to her line of thinking, which would present Shade with quite the irritating dilemma, as his orders were to protect the general. Not beat him up for his own good, unless there were no alternative.

Also, she could put more pressure on her ability, and essentially cause him to need to use so much focus to withstand it, that he'd be rendered mute and immobile for a while. If she did though, a certain *friend* of hers would start to rear its ugly head up again. They'd see what she picked.

@EQ_Theta

Hammond would slowly wave back again, and afterwards do a few gestures that were seemingly sign language for *goodbye*. Or potentially *pie*. Rosa were again, not that high up on sign language, but it seemed more likely to mean goodbye, regardless of how much their kind seemed like they would just randomly talk about baked goods.

Marble surely looked as the gate opened and they wandered through, since he did not see any of them that were an apparent magic user, but he'd still raise a muscular hand in a farewell greeting, and soon enough, they'd all be left alone to squabble over the finer details of how everything were to progress, whilst Lin's group had gone back to where they had been before they had suddenly been yanked away by mysterious forces.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:40 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I suppose we can now head off to the Moonlit Thicket.”

“This is gonna be fun! You know you could also join in on the games, Lin. You too, Omen!”

“Of course. Can’t wait to see Rosa beat you in some friendly competition! He’s more skilled, after all.” 

“You wound me,” Sen replied in jest, then looked to the thestral with the same jovial expression on him. “Hear that, Rosa? Looks like Lin is already taking your side.”

"In fairness, I am not going to go easy on you either. Got to make sure that you have something to remember me by, and a crushing defeat seems like it would leave a lasting impression."

Rosa smirked at Sen, as he half-joked a response to the challenge set before him by Lin. He probably wouldn't wipe the floor with Sen, so to speak, but he did intend to win over him fair and square, and put his all into doing so. A night of victory might end up lasting hi well through the first, rough time in prison, though even defeat would be fine. It mattered mostly that they had fun after all. Not his fault that winning were one way that he liked having said fun.

"I think Sen will win."

Omen however, took Sen's side. Were it because she knew him longer, and wanted him to win? Yes, but there were no reason to fret over the details, as much as the fact that she were rooting for him. Rosa might seem like he knew lots more, and could fight, but Sen could fight too, and Omen thought he were a smart longma. He would win in these games, or at least give off a good fight and make it close, surely.

That left two votes out on who they thought would win, and Shrimp had no doubts, as he rose up as high as his little body could reach, and proclaimed who he put his bets on.

"Ohme!"

There were a fair chance that he just called a name out, as he happily chirped, and swayed in the slight wind, but a vote of confidence were a vote of confidence, yes?

"Am I playing too?"

"All of us are, Omen. And I'm sure that we will find games that we can all win over the others in. Be it Sen, you, me, or Lin, whom I proclaim to be the one I think will overall surprise us with some victories out of the blue. Something tells me there's hidden talents we just haven't seen fully realized yet."

So that was a vote of confidence for each on who would be the victor, except for Shrimp, but he weren't gonna be allowed to play either. He were too small, and might try to eat some part of the games that were set up. Which would probably constitute as cheating.

"Seems like we're ready for a good old fashioned competition then. May the best Thestral win."

The grin on Rosa's face as he said this were one of the more spirited he had felt in a while. The usual competitions he had with others had been quite a bit more serious, and with things at stake, but this? Just a good, old fashioned friendly bash without more than bragging rights? He frankly didn't think he ever did so, without it being somewhat tarnished by being work related.

"I will find the way there."

With that, Omen would enter the darkened realm of her kin, and begin looking around, seeing if she could pinpoint the path to the Moonlit Thicket. Or at least where she remembered it were, last time she heard the name being used for the area she were in.

=====================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"I can't say that I fully trust your motives, but you are doing me a great service by keeping me away from your brothers pet projects, so I will remain cautiously silent on the matter back home, and see for myself what is to come."

Paranoia were nearly as essential as blood for the citizens of Harrowmark, so she wouldn't up and lie about her not thinking there were more to things than were said, but she would give Dawn some degree of benefit of the doubt. She seemed smart regardless, so it would go against that rather strongly if she tried to dethrone a god, just to get caught in the chains of one, all to fill the vacancy she had left. The throne were not as secure, but again, some degree of trust would be offered, and lest she suddenly saw something that made it seem otherwise, she wouldn't tell a soul back home of this. Including Queen Magenta.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:40 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"But please, darling, having to suffer my brother's company must be draining.  How about I show you to your room?" the hostess offered, but stood up from her pillow.  "I take it you'd prefer... walking?"

"I don't mind teleports, but yes, I would like to walk. It would be nice to stretch my legs a little."

The room could be a broom closet, and she'd still be thankful for it, though something told her that this grandiose of a place could not do with such simplistic accommodations. Guess they'd see soon enough though, as she rose up from this pillow, and got her hooves back on solid ground. Hopefully this without more surprise teleports, or whatever it were that Dawn had done before. Forcefully moved matter below them? Why not? This family seemed to ooze of magical potential, of a sort that were bound to carry over from at least one of them, once they started to have foals of their own. Doing things like this seemed as plausible as anything from a pair of siblings were one had literally defied a god and managed to live to tell the tale. Heck, not just living, but making it out victorious. That were no small feat. Neither were what Dawn were likely planning, and had already done in her life. Fixers should never be underestimated, and in due time, she had the feeling that she were going to see to extend, how capable Dawn truly were. An enticing, yet also troubling thought, in case she one day ended up being one of the problems to fix herself.

A worry for another time though. For the time being, they were to get moving, even if the show that were being presented as Dawn lifted herself and started travelling were a spectacle to behold. It reminded Lily somewhat of seeing a Thorncaster, beginning to control his or her wicker creatures. The immense amount of complete focus and disregard for what else had happened before were somewhat like that, just with less wooden creatures, and more towards... Hmm... Perhaps a religious gathering of sorts? This sort of attention and ability to hush those who had come to our *party* or *sermon* made her think that a better comparison might be when Thistle began one of her speeches. If that were the case, then that would be somewhat alarming.

Sorrows taken in advance though, she were sure. Might also just be that Dawn knew how to enthrall the audience on another level, and were working her showmanship properly. The constant rainbow steps for example, did reek of that kind of thing, which were more room reading, and less *incite the peasantry to worship you*.

So she'd follow, honestly curious how the rainbow effect seemed to persevere, even as they wandered down the darkened halls, but didn't get much time to think of it before a question were directed towards her.

"I've learned about Harrowmark... Would you know of Equestria?"

"There are many things I think I will have to ask about Equestria. Your society seems so advanced compared to ours, as you weren't held back, which speaks well of your regents. Yet I wonder about those. I were told you have princesses only, no queen? And all of said princesses are of the fabled alicorn variety? Are you given the title when you become an alicorn then? And why are the one who came first, not your queen, ruling the lands? Even if vast, surely they cannot rule in harmony, when there is not a single crown to gather beneath?

I have issue enough understanding how this country functions without gods in it, yet your ruling system on top seems confusing. At least what little I know of it."

Society at large had many things she could ask about too of course, but when in doubt, start at the top and it might explain how the rest worked. At least in this situation, though it might simply end up making her further confused.

"I'm sure the Featherfolds appreciate that,"

"H-Hopefully. I don't l-like being a burden."

Void were a kind soul, regardless of how often life had tested her ability to not have her compassion for others broken by the bitter, cruel examples of beings at their worst. As such, she liked to be helpful, and in this case, felt as if she owed at the very least this. Hopefully the owners hadn't just taken pity on her when it came to her asking if she could help, and actually appreciated it, but she didn't know the Featherfolds well, so it were hard to say. She tried having a bit of hope though. Equestria had overall been kind to them, so there should be room for thinking better of folks than she were used to. Right?

Inside the room, Void would let out a sigh of relief in seeing what Null were doing, and went over to take the hip flask away. Not far, but enough to get it out of her aura, so that it could work again unaffected.

Rising would find that this thing were not cursed. Or well, it were, but not in a way like the other things he had seen. It were a self-refilling flask of pear flavored soda. A simple design that used some varied nature seal and such to more or less gather water from the surrounding area, and then add the flavor and bubbles through the magical filter. A well meaning thing really, though it also included a minor thing that would push it towards being a cursed item: The juice within, would cause you to vomit profoundly. A good cleanser in a way, and were what it were originally intended as, but for the two of them, it were mainly just used for the occasional fizzy drink, since the latent effect of the stuff inside didn't affect them. And long as they sometimes kept it a bit out of their reach, they could refill it fairly regularly. Depended on how much moisture were in their immediate area of course.

"Seems like she w-weren't messing with the d-dangerous stuff. That's good. It c-could've been a little w-weird otherwise.

I d-dunno if we should w-wake her up t-though. Big sis d-doesn't sleep much, and w-with what that uhm... M-Molotov person were o-on about, I t-think she might n-need the energy.

Can I u-uhm... Ask you s-something, detective? Can we t-trust Molotov? He s-seems smart, but smart b-beings can be really d-dangerous, and w-with the way he a-acts when I'm there, I d-don't know what to t-think about everything. I d-don't want to put b-big sis in danger. She's b-been through enough of that for s-several lifetimes."

Void were somewhat squirming as she said this, and looked at Rising with worry in her eyes. She trusted his opinion on others, as he seemed like a trustworthy, noble stallion, who wouldn't lie unless it were for the one asking's own best. She'd appreciate his input on this matter, and on Moltov in general, since it seemed like they wouldn't be done dealing with him for a long time.

=================================================================================

@Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️

"You don't need to show me the exact street. I can feel out where I need to go, no worries."

Well, worries Were there, seeing as there were doctor ponies around, and stories of falling hammers. But what she meant that they shouldn't worry that she couldn't find the spirit(s) Already, she felt something further in, and had a vague idea about what direction to go. It might lead her into a trap, but that was a risk that you always took when you did these sorts of things. It usually still worked out.

"If I'm allowed to go in, I gotta go fast. I'll be back later, okay? And she'll be laid to rest. Or join Legion. Whatever works the best to help her."

Unless stopped, Sorrow would start to make her way past the stallion guarding the path, regardless of whatever or not Quill were into to it or not. her opinion on this had been made clear, as had Sorrow's, so... Difference of opinion, didn't matter. The living could moan later.

A shiver went over her as she went a bit closer, and suddenly halted.

"Even here, it's... This here is powerful energy. Did anypony else die here recently?"

She'd direct the question towards Warn, with worry in her eyes. Along with a little fear. The more spirits, the worse this could be, and she might need to start weeding out the weaker spirits first, so to speak, to kinda weaken the main soul here. Sorta like taking off the anchor points. Had to be real bad for that to happen though. Hopefully it wasn't like that here.

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Leviathan would indeed put the pelt on top of the moss, to give a better surface area for her injured companion. Thankfully it wouldn't be pushed aside this time, as she had otherwise sorta expected it would, since Ruby were quite openly against help and friendliness. Some signs though, that it were starting to change a little, just with the natural application of draconic pride stopping it from showing fully. One step at a time, they got closer to common, pleasant ground it seemed.

At the question about whatever or not she had offspring herself, Leviathan let out a short, joyless laughter.

"Back when she were alive, my adoptive mother told me that it wasn't worth getting offspring, unless it was near your last season, or you found someone strong enough to add some good genes to the mix. She ended up getting a few litters here and there, but I've yet to find what I'm looking for. And I ain't speaking about unconditional, endless love. I know that stuff tends to be fleeting. I want one who can offer something worthwhile to my eggs. One who's strong, but knows how to sling a spell, and give me a fight worth remembering.

About a millennia, and I've yet to find one of those. Few who looked interesting were whimps, or didn't know a spell from a pebble, so there was nothing to offer. Makes mating season feeling mighty lonely sometimes, but I don't want to have eggs with any random brute. It needs to be with someone memorable, that I can think of proudly when I look down on the little hatchlings.

And that's if I can even have eggs..."

She'd clutch her stomach, and look away, with an expression as if someone had physically kicked her senseless.

"There's other reasons you don't see that many mixed breeds out there. One in five chance that I'm infertile, and I'm honestly too frightened about the answer to pay a zebra to just tell me. With uncertainty, there's still some hope. But a straight up rejection... It might seem weak to you, but I get a pit in my stomach when I think about it."

It were a point where Leviathan were the one who actually needed the help, as she didn't have the nerve to push herself forth and get an answer on this. It were a common, primal fear that most beings had, that their line would die with them, but in her case, the chance were higher than for most. One in five might seem low, yet compared to say, Ruby's likely minuscule chance of the same affliction, it were substantial.

===============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Turned into a... Bush?"

Ziggy looked up on Nada as if she were perhaps a little bit crazy.

"I've heard about lots of creatures, but none of them just suddenly turned into plants. Are you totally sure you just didn't saw it wrong? Like, I've seen an evergrown, and they kinda look like plant ponies. Or it could've been a changeling that tried hiding, maybe? It just sounds all sorts of weird.

Your friend with the arm injury I think might need some help though. Those can get real nasty if they're not treated. Did you see how it looked+ Like, were it a deep cut? Had it some discoloration? If so, what sorta color? Y'know, if you could see it for their fur."

Nada might remember that Nerzhei's arm were wrapped up in gauze, and in a sling, which did speak about some degree of medical attempts at fixing her up, regardless of how Lyriel were providing her with some extra relief, via that plant that she grew for the injured dragoness.

It might also be worth telling that it were a dragon that had been dealt with. ponies and dragons had different anatomies, so it were important to know that she wasn't talking about a pony. You might think the mention of arms would discount that, but some ponies called their front legs for arms for some reason - likely from mingling with other races who had arms, which kinda got into the language as a sort of slang - so it wasn't guaranteed to not be an equine.

==========================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"The skies have been strange since I came to this land. Where I am from, the weather behaves as it wishes, only sometimes intensified, or interrupted, by the whims of rare wind dragons.

Yet in these lands, there are winged ponies controlling it in many places, in ways I cannot fathom, and somehow ensures the correct weather to be in the sections that needs it. Not in this forest though. For some reason, I have found that the weather often does as it pleases here, and the ponies knows not why either. At least there are some solace in knowing that it is not only I who does not understand these things fully."

It were a constant issue really, being unaware of how things worked in this world, as she had been so secluded most of her life, in an entirely different society. Two of them, in fact. That of her people, and the dragons. Both of which were far from what the equines had, and certain concepts were very hard to grasp because of it. Furthermore, this manipulation of the skies felt unnatural to her. It were perhaps having some degree of double standards, but it just seemed wrong to interfere with the weather, as tough as it could sometimes be.

*sigh* But this were their world, and not hers. She had to adapt to their life, and not try to make them conform to hers.

"Do you ever wonder, as I do, what lies out there, Scarecrow? This vast world filled with immeasurable knowledge, and sights to behold that would make ones jaw drop, just waiting to be explored? I know it is not my placement in life, and you seem content too with the path you have chosen, yet I wonder if you everthink about simply seeing what lies out there too? As I have heard some equines say The sky is the limit, though I would never travel upwards. If I cannot feel the ground, there lies only pain in my future. This I have learned the bitter way."

@Blitz Boom

“Only one pegasus died before the incidents happen. Her name is Autumn Rake, she's a nice street sweeper, everypony miss her, she had gryphon husband named Razor, we really don't have any knowledge about it but he went missing on day of Autumn's passing. We are still looking for him” he explained “You did remember I told you that you are allowed to go in right?”

Windy was thinking about all the stallion said. She did remember the neighbor, Autumn died while she was accidentally distracted by a gryphon, and Razor, who happens to be Autumn's husband vanished without a trace. What if Razor died and his body was never found?

Her thoughts were interrupted when Warn spoke “If you are looking for Autumn's house, it's in Lemon St, her house is masonry and its a third floor storey house”

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Sen smiled at the vote of confidence and put one claw over Omen’s back. “I see we’re placing bets on everyone now. Alright, I’ll give my vote to you too, Omen. I think you’ll win some games tonight.” 

Lin didn’t even mind missing out on the votes; in all honesty, she expected Sen to secretly root for her as well or, given their present company, everyone. Knowing what Rosa said, she’d play ball and try her best to win the games fair and square. This evening’s affairs are starting to feel like the days when she was young; playing with Sen and developing a small rivalry with him but it was all in good fun. She never really played extensively with the other children in the village and she didn’t exactly feel like she fit in with everyone else. But here, in the company of good friends? Maybe she’d start to see what she missed out all those years ago. 

“Guess I’ll have to prove myself to all of you!”

“If we’re set, let’s not tarry long. We’ve got ourselves an evening to enjoy!”

Sen wouldn’t forget about the fruits bought earlier, along with a piece of cloth he intends to use as a picnic blanket. Tonight is a night to forget about their worries, to find respite before the deluge. There may not be a time to revel in fun for a long time, especially not with friends at a time like this. 

Without delay, the longma siblings followed Omen and awaited the sight of the Moonlit Thicket. 

@Blitz Boom
"I can see why you wouldn't want to know the answer." Ruby stated, probably not the answer one would expect from her "I'd be surprised if you did."  her tone was still rather cold, so it wasn't sympathy or any other such feeling talking "But you'll have to face the answer eventually, assuming you don't die first of course."

"I'm at the age where my kind tends to look for their first partner, and I was getting ready to do so myself too...but sometimes life doesn't go exactly as planned." "It's slightly amusing is it not? Being forced to kill one's own mother before becoming one themselves." the mention of her mother clearly annoyed Ruby, as seen, or more like heard, by her claws scratching the stone of the cave in hatred when she talked about her. She was quiet for a moment before continuing "I'm surprised you'd tell me something like that though, I appreciate the trust, even if misplaced." she sounded genuinely surprised, sure it may have been normal around here to share such details, she didn't know, but she herself wouldn't reveal such...limitations to just anyone, so it made her believe that Leviathan really didn't lie about her intentions. The way she spoke was still in the usual dismissive manner she was known for, but the cracks were becoming more visible as time went by.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Her arm was already wrapped up when I got back, and there is no fur, she's a dragon." Nada responded "And for the one turning into a bush, she's...dryads I think they were called, I have lot to remember so I'm not fully sure, she looks like a plant pony of sorts, but I remember hearing at some point that it isn't her real form, so these evergrown you talk about may or may not be the same creatures." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not really." Scarecrow stated "I mean, I would love to leave the forest behind and see what elsewhere has to offer, but I have accepted that will never happen, and thus I never really think about it." "I sometimes fly above the trees to see the lands beyond these woods, but even those sights have gotten boring." he looked towards the hole in the trees "I don't think much about what could be, it only reminds me of what is." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"I know I have to face the answer eventually, but it's not easy to just go up to one of the zebra's and ask *Hey, can you tell me if I'm bound to be as barren as a desert?*. I've been raised to think that a strong bloodline should go on, and while I don't have the mass that those like you do, my magical skills are unquestionable. Besides, despite what you think about family life, I do want to at least for a time, have the whole thing. A mate, kids, and with some luck, I only having to eat one of them before the rest learns to behave."

A minor joke more than anything, though knowing what she did about Ruby, it were likely that a strategy for the larger dragoness, were she to hang around her offspring for a prolonged period of time, would indeed be to show what would happen if you got too much on her nerves. Eating one of them might be too extreme, even for her, yet at the same time... Eeeergh, it were hard to say where the limit were with her branch of dragons. Hopefully it were set at some point before this. At least when the kids were young. She supposed that when they were adults, it were fairer game.

"I don't normally talk about this thing either. Even around dragons, I try to keep this to myself, but it felt like we've shared enough things that I could tell you, and at worst, you'd be brutally honest in your opinion on it. There's a certain comfort in that sometimes.

The way you talk about your mother is just one part of that honesty. A dark one, but I get your motivation for it. Can't be something you talk about to just anyone either, right? You're doing what you can to hide what you are. Doesn't seem like you'd just share your end goal with anyone who got within shredding range."

Leviathan didn't pick up on all the clues as to whatever or not Ruby seemed more open about things, but she felt like she were making progress, and got a few nice words - for a dragon - sent her way at times. Even a small amount of sympathy here it seemed, so that were nice. In a way though, she sort of hoped that Ruby would keep pushing her on to get an answer to this question that had plagued her for some centuries now though. The sort of both mental and physical push that Ruby could provide, were probably what were gonna be needed for Leviathan to actually find a zebra. One who would probably have the answer before she even asked. Seriously, those equines were weird, smug little things, and she were not pleased by the fact that they had every right to be so, considering they were usually spot on with their predictions. Were she in their shoes, sure as Tartarus she'd be a smug one about it too. Probably far more than them even.

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Dragon with a wrapped up... Arm..."

A light seemed to suddenly flash over Ziggy's head, and her eyes went wide with surprise and glee.

"You're friends with Nerzhei?! Oooh, I remember her at the hospital! I were helping out, and then suddenly there 's this dragon with clothes on- Really weird, right? I've never seen a dragon wear clothes before. Anyway, she's in with a real messed up arm from high pressure and heat, so I see her get wrapped up and given some pain meds. Then she were in later to have a head test. Like, an actual sample taken from her brain, since she's been having some real bad migraine attacks. I dunno how long it'd be before she gets the answers, but I sure remember her. Spoke real nicely for a dragon, and had this cute, fluffy bunny! Hehe, she kicked me in the face with her big, fuzzy paw when I tried to hug her. It was so cute. Got me on the floor though. Real strong kick for a critter."

Nerzhei were not one that were easy to forget. Especially if you had met other dragons, as the more wise, clothed dragoness stuck out like a sore hoof between them. Did seem rather grumpy all things considered, but Ziggy had only seen her two times. Once when she were in great pain, and another when she were having a brain biopsy. Anypony would be cranky in those situations.

As for Lyriel... Well, if hearing about Nerzhei made Ziggy seem happy, then hearing about the dryad made her appear so gleeful that light were nearly emanating from her. Seriously, it were joy so pure that it'd make any changeling vomit from overfeeding, just by being near her, and the glittering stars in her eyes were more or less just the icing on top.

"Dryads are real? *gasp* They're on my mythological hugging list! Ooooooh, this is so great!"

She'd jump up and down, happy as could be. And potentially a bit crazy. Agni at least looked on her as if she were being a bit weird. Probably not something that Nada saw though, due to him being on her head.

================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I suppose that is fair, though I think that you shouldn't rule anything out. The world is a strange place, and it is impossible to say what will happen.

I myself am an example of that, as I were risen and told that my kind were to stay in the valley, and would never leave there. We were content with that, and after the others heresy, I knew that it were just more certain that there would be no escape, as they would like to contain things. Then suddenly after years of loneliness, a small flock of ponies arrives, Nerzhei interferes, and suddenly I am being granted hope from the most unlikely of beings. Creatures who did manage to sway their hearts, and allow me to leave the place I thought I could never leave.

Perhaps it might never happen for you, Scarecrow, but it could also be that it is merely a matter of time, before your own horizon expands."

Lyriel had been looking at the sky for a bit as she spoke, but near the end, she were facing Scarecrow, and giving him a big, kind smile. She truly hoped that as strange as he were, that he'd find more to his life than what were. Though of course, if he were happy with this, she would not interfere. She just wished him a brighter future than what he seemed to have so far.

"Regardless, you'll have me to speak with if need be. A dryad's duty is to find a forest that needs them, and tend to it. The animals and plants are in high disarray here, and tells of many things happening in the area that upsets the balance, so I do not foresee myself leaving for a long, long time. If ever. Not that I would complain if I did not. I would be happy, knowing that I spent my life doing something that mattered, and that I would be remembered fondly. Though I doubt the Earth Mother will call me home anytime soon, so the end of my vigil is likely further ahead than I would expect.

May I ask, what do you plan to do for now then, Scarecrow? See if there are those in need, wandering through the forest? Take a glance at the desert which have risen, and caused disarray, to see if that presents dangers you need to be aware of? Perhaps allow yourself some peace to think?"

=========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

It wouldn't take more than a few minutes before Omen would find the way, and as she did, you would at first not think there were more on the other side, than a portal directly back here again. It were all simply darkness.

However, as Omen stepped through, they'd find that in the distance, there would actually be some light. Not much, yet a vague glimmer would peer out through some of the nearby foilage.

were they to follow it, they would find that the sliver of light were but a few meters ahead, hidden behind the thick leaves of a weeping willow, and when pushed aside: The Moonlit Thicket would be before them.

Thick trees everywhere, hollowed out as much as could be without endangering the life or foundational integrity of the trees, buzzing with thestrals of all sizes and shapes, waking up and yawning as night drew near. The most inspiring being a tree that seemed impossibly thick, covered with a beautifully ornamented door showing a carving of the night sky. The top of the tree seemed to reach higher than the rest, and covered the area in a thick layer, protecting them from the worst of the sunlight that would otherwise rain down upon them.

What little there were, got reflected in varied, silvery surfaces placed strategically to act as sort of light sources, that would function somewhat as weakened projectors, though come moonrise, they would be able to show off in full, as the silvery discs were better designed for that environment than that of the sun.

Around on the streets, swirling in and out between the many trees of the area, were varied stands and contraptions about to be set up, including classics such as the punching box, weight and bell, and a few themes around shooting what were presumably water, though no real source for that were seen attached to anything present. It may come in later, or be magic based. It were hard to say for certain, and because of the vastness of even the little part of the area they could see rom here, there were many things that could be hidden from their views.

It seemed they were getting some attention to. Friendly ones at that, as those who saw them raised hooves in greetings, and passed along with big, fanged grins on their muzzles. Being tourists a little early was not seemingly a problem, and Sen and Lin might enjoy that any stares coming towards them right now were brief, and seemed to all have pleasant intentions behind the smiles. Well, that and a hope that they'd spend their time and bits here. This were a night to reel in tourists after all, but that didn't mean that the vendors didn't overall just want to be nice either.

Rosa slowly took his glasses off as he watched the expansive, dim home that his more nature-loving people had made, just as  out of a nearby bush, a couple of curious little insectoid equines would flutter out and swivel around them a few times. Sen and Lin might not know these creatures called breezies, but the feeling seemed to be mutual, though the small ones would flutter off towards the town square before they could address either of them, giggling carefree.

It honestly seemed like a nice place to be . Especially for Rosa's kind, who did not do well with sharp light, though the others may find that they had to look at things a little more direct to get all the details, due to the dimmed light. Something that'd be rectified soon enough, though for the time being, it were like a room, lit up only by candlelight.

"It's been a long time since I've been in a place like this. It feels homely."

"Butterfly ponies were strange."

"Moon Dust and Shiver Wind are just curious. You know how kids can be."

The voice would come from a pony that had wandered out of a nearby house. A regular unicorn it seemed, with heavy bags under her eyes, a long, red and blue mane and tail that were both dragging across the ground, and friendly, yet tired, silvery eyes. The base around her horn appeared to have several tattoos on it of small, indecipherable symbols that seemed to close in a perfect loop, and from the looks of things, she hadn't slept in a day or three. Made her appear rather mellow, but also rather clearly one who could do with some sleep. As she seemed in her early thirties roughly, it weren't merely age weighing her down at least.

She'd carry a silver lamp in a chain around his neck, which seemed to have some sort of glittering light within that barely lit up through the front glass currently, though for some reason, not the sides. He'd also have a boa staff somehow either balancing, or stuck to his back, as there were no harness, yet it looked like it weren't moving out of place as she walked with slow, calm steps towards the new faces.

If they would look, his cutie mark were a lit torch, in front of a wisp of some kind.

"Well met, friend. We seem to have arrived a little early?"

"A little, but you got no need to stress out. Time goes by no matter what, and there's nothing to do, but go with the flow."

She gave them a warm, relaxed smile.

"My name is Tomb Watcher. I'm helping with protection for the festival tonight, though I doubt there's gonna be any real problem. Just a few getting a little tipsy like usual. Not that I guess most of you would heh... Heh... Anyway, it's good seeing all ten of you. Welcome to the Moonlit Thicket."

Tomb seemed to laugh slowly and drawn out, however briefly the actual laughter were. A bit weird and with a strange name, but seemed like a fairly friendly one to run into as the first one to stop up and talk to them.

@Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️

"A married couple, and the husband is gone? Uh oh."

Sorrow suddenly looked a bit more nervous about this whole thing.

"Okay, this is definitely gonna get worse then. Either she's come back here to find him, and can't. She did and is keeping him trapped, lashing out at anypony she thinks is trying to take him away. They're both dead, and feed off eachother's sorrow. Or he killed her and her vengeful spirit's lashing out big time. We should really keep our eyes open for flying things in here."

She'd thank Warn for the name os the street and scurried along, waiting only briefly if they had questions regarding what she had said, but otherwise, more focused on wandering in and trying to see if she could find the poor soul(s) in here.

"...I really hope it's not the last. Deaths like that makes a spirit insanely difficult to talk reason with. At least if it's the third option, it's just a matter of getting them together. Other one and... Oh Celestia, Legion's gonna have a lot of work with this one I fear."

She'd scurry along, looking from side to side, trying to find not a clue, but rather the sign of something flying towards them, so that she could avoid getting on the next carrier out of here. Or worse. Might be she'd end up being with Legion far more closely than were intended, if things went really bad.

"Breeze? Did you know Razor? Did he seem like the violent sort? Y'know, more than griffons kinda tend to be."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

“Never heard of him before” Windy shrugged  “the last griffon I have encountered is a female gryphon named Gilda, we got into a fight for some disrespectful reason, but I don't think she's connected to Razor. I believe Razor is either framed or is responsible for his wife's... death” she hesitated speaking the last word, it made her very uncomfortable.

“Lemon St is two streets away” Quill told them, surprisingly calm but seem very tensed “We're going to pass Maple St, then Syrup St before arriving to our destination. We are now in Maple St if you are wondering where street we are now” 

As they move nearer to their destination, cold starts to set in, less ponies can be seen in the streets, and a few houses are abandoned with signs saying 'house for rent/sale' or 'off town until its gone' all business they passed are all but closed. If they are paying attention, one would hear a faint whisper of somebody's name

“Razor...” 

At this point, Quill's mind was telling her to run “If you are talking about Razor, he was nice but very silent, often talks only to clerks. I heard he's very nice, formal, and generous. That is why how he and Autumn got better before she- AHH!” she yelled after a glass pane suddenly fell from a house and shatter right infront of her.

Edited by Windy Breeze ☁️ ☁️ ☁️
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Chariot would've interjected, maybe about how he was presenting himself, so it shouldn't be an issue- but she already sealed the deal with Chow by using his body. 
Astral watched a bit anxious as Emerald was back in Chows body, but she wasn't about to turn her into an enemy, looking to Emerald's previous host, now laying on the floor.
"Well it's hard to safely do that."

"Word doesn't travel that fast, if you get there now it's unlikely the guard there know already."
==========

She nodded, looking to Chariot as she walked over to the pony, casting a quick healing spell- just in case, but it also restored their energy anyway.
"How 'bout you take care of Opal? They wouldn't expect a supposied enemy fight another surely."

"Let her be bygone. Opal is a pathetic threat compared to my, old friends."

"Old friends you say?"
Iron Star went unnoticed so far, except Sapphire and Emerald already knew he was there, as he arrived recently to see the ritual through.
"Hopefully communications are cut off now right?"

"Of course, it's just that there are now three elements of disharmony out there,
there is no way they aren't going to regroup and try to get them back."

"So why did the books never mention these friends of yours?"

"When Sapphire defeated me, they fled and disappeared, history doesn't exactly remember ghosts."

"So who are they?"

"The original bearers of the elements of disharmony; Skall, Oros, Ruby and their leader, Steelbeak
they shouldn't interfere with this ritual, but perhaps after we finish it we go and deal with that.
Opal shouldn't bother us anymore once they get into play however"

=========================

Opal smirked widely, it was too easy to mess with both of them, including his little squad here.
"I am not the only witch here, I have many helping me...."

Suddenly metal straps grabbed at ponies around her seeming to originate from nowhere,
as she conjured up several images of mages around her, who now seemed to be the source of these metal straps,
as more of these bands grabbed onto the troops, the metal bands were illusions, but she was also using subtle telekinesis to add to them feeling real

Edited by FanOfManyShows