Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Wine didn't respond. Windy looked at the mare to see why.

Wine was angry, she was glaring at the door. Windy then just noticed the earth pony was now wearing black on one of her hindleg. How did she able to wear socks without being noticed. Then, she remember about Sandy said about a weapon. It sounded hilarious, but she knew sometimes, something came out of Discord would be pretty useful “Wine?” she called the mare, who was still standing like a statue and glaring. Then, Windy remember what happened to Sandy when he made contact with those ectoplasms, then Wine's injuries and makeshift bandages.

The black thing on her hindleg isn't a sock. 

She looked back at Sorrow and said “Sorrow, get the maple syrup, I'll take care of Wine” she told him, oblivious of Wine's eyes gradually turning red, hinting, her sad frown contorted into anger and grinding of teeth as she began to growl. 

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Huh, this sounds similar to our system back home. A council with and elders leading the villages; each elder has their place on the council. I suppose the elders back home are full-time positions and they spend each day looking after their respective villages.” 

“But it looks like these cells are more like little rooms for someone to stay for a while. At least whoever stays in there have their necessities provided; I think they appreciate the gesture.”

There was a difference between criminals and simple troublemakers but Soda sounds like he has a fair solution to a problem that the thicket had. As simple as it looked, it might not be as such under the surface. It reflected what Ghilan had to contend with back home but on different fronts. Troublemakers were made to render labor to those they wronged and once they’ve paid their dues, they are welcomed back to the community. That usually got them to stop making unruly behavior as these weren’t as frequent as some would like to think. It’s only those who posed a problem to the village that more extreme measures are taken, and not all of them deserved their punishment. If Tomb’s words meant to warn the longma about something, it’s that their flawed system needs another examination. 

But as the longma siblings peered into the tree, their attention turned to the rest of the thicket, looking forward to seeing what else is in store for them. Maybe they might even meet this Soda Stream. They probably won’t ever bring the matter up but pony names can get a little strange; sometimes silly and outright surreal but they thought it could just be a fun naming scheme ponies made long ago and just stuck with it. 

“You mentioned your clan are protectors,” Sen interjected, remembering that part of the conversation having piqued his interest. “I actually grew up to be something like that back home; I don’t suppose you’d be open to trading techniques and whatnot?”

@Blitz Boom& @Pastel Heart

The smaller stallion sighed, easily half Stargazer's stature due to his scrawny stature. It would look all the more like he was continuously deflating by the roundish, haybale of a shape his torso made by his wrapped wings. "I would say your better off never experiencing anything. You die faster that way."

He looked over at Jelly down his long snout that beggared the constant expression of hunted, haunted hangdog that came with those with long muzzles. To the point where most would usually refer to such long noses as "beaks" even if most griffons would squawk at the exaggeration not in their favor; for if a muzzle was a beak, Slimpsy would be more a pelican.

"That's... that's what you saw. I can't help that. Things happen; every moment is a liability. Every breath you take you suck in some new Bacteria. #32. You learn that when you've been running as much as I have. ... that one, I guess is more of an 8."

Slimpsy pronounced the Capital B in Bacteria like he was begging someone to ask him to define his terms so he could go on another paranoid rant. Despite the fact, of course, that bacteria wasn't entirely a concrete, confirmed thing in Equestria as there were far more things to be concerned about having ill effect on you than somepony sneezing on you. But Slimpsy couldn't talk of curses. Magic gave him the willies. Most things did when you had Phantophobia.

"In fact, that's a, that a good analogy there, Sir. Our family is like a Bacteria. We have Never gotten along once with ponies. Systematically, every time it's been total disaster. You can't make friends with us any easier than you could make a friend outta the Flu! If we could, would have happened by now and it has been hundr-" Slimpsy paused to stop himself from giving away too much and nearly short-circuiting his face attempting to do so as he turned back to the officer. Slimpsy was every Bit the wormy little informant that the policeforce knew to go to when they knew they'd break easy for information. 

"A long time! Anyway, the less you have to do with us, the better. I'm sure you've seen how crazy they are! But maybe you're too tired for that. That's Sleep Deprivation symptoms, I can tell. I know cures for that too, if you need. Tea mostly. Don't drink much though, boiled plant matter can give you cramps.

Look, maybe we wrap this up fast as we can. Get us all home. Like this poor, innocent pink baby horse!" He enthusiastically jolted a leg up over Pastel Heart to draw Stargazer's attentions to her, his leg stiff straight and clearly held in a way to show he didn't like the idea of accidentally making physical contact. "...and if we're talking hospitals, if you got a padded cell for offer?

...though I am allergic to pillow stuffing.#302."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~&~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also Blitz, back at the Police Offices!

"It's... Not quite... Starswirl's theories state a multi-tier polyfield of interwoven check-balances that should account for interspacial weaving of subject matter. Starswirl was very intent on dampening fields and containment. It's speculated Null Magic was his expertise chosen. But Artifact Enchantment appears dulled in reaction to tissue matrice due to compartmentalized size/matter ratio and aside, such requires contacts we haven't really had access to in reliability so Kluge was likely inferior in gathered test experiments so I can't say quite for certain if results point towards an intrinsic Chaos Flaw or if that's intended in the spell matrices. It's all serious conjecture as the spellcraft is very fickle things where even pronounciation could set things askew and the whole initial spell was.... I dunno, a bit... unpunctuated?"

Blither had been looking down at then having gotten excitedly distracted in spell conjecture as usual. Looking back up at Scarcity he became sweaty and albeit blushing, both for having delved a bit too far into what he knew he shouldn't be talking about and happy that he had found somebeing to talk to about his rambles on topics most of the rest of his family usually shut him up about.

"I-it's not like we're some kind of magical mutant! It's just that there's always a fair lot of minutia to take into consideration on a lot of decisions, you know?"

"Ya a horrible liar."  "You're across the room! You can't hear any of this!!"    "Ah can still tell when ya bein' an idyot."

"A shark? That sounds like a big thingie for you to toss in front of!" Sunny pursed her cheeks in surprise as she reached a hoof down to Chop to caringly poke him in the cheek in what was hoped to be a reassuring manner.

Shortstack hopped back down off the table, bouncing his hoofs back down into affirmative stance of strength that most else would describe as more puppylike. "Ah could take one." And as seemed the usual response, he was ignored as if he wasn't part of the conversation. "I wanna be your friend too!" 

"...ya remember that lesson Blither gave yeh about words sometimes sounding the same?"

"I don' know what that got to do wif anythin'" Sunny Flush pouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~&~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monolith was a head taller than most stallions around these parts, but a good two heads shorter than Sunny. Despite his muscular size, he glided out the door without trouble and kept even, silent pace behind Alonsus as if his hoofsteps didn't make any sound. As stiff as he seemed, one expected him to creak as he moved. A respectable and submissive pace behind the other stallion leading the way, Monolith kept his gaze ahead of them.

"Hap be it that yon refer to it as thine Classics. Wouldst mine prefer thy tales of yore, such upon those begat by the ancient Arabian lord King Solemn or the leader of thine age of knights, King Author and his table of errants. That I hold most regaled the Justice and fair Judgement of the royalty of time long since fore. Leadership of ration and logic is but an ideal to what one must aspire to. In times of strife, even inaction may take great courage, wouldst thy agree?

... mayhap as well, the earlier works of authors somewhat current in culture hath bequeathed mine interest. I oft find myself in the region of 'Fantasy.' Doth thy know of ReadRight Token?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.B's Berry & Hat at the cafe!

Flit wolfishly grinned again at Berry over the bar from where he slouched over the table he was at. "Hey! Crazy is attractive! Show's ye be a thinking mare! Who doesn't like a smart mare like you, huh? Some would say I'm crazy, but I DO get called alot of things! Heh~...

You do remind me of my brother though. Cute. A bit worse, he is." As Straw Hat talked more, Flit leaned back and sprawled his long neck to look back at him from upside-down in what would be an uncomfortable position for most ponies. "Aw, cute! Bet the missus is too!" Flit intoned in what seemed to be an indirect question of another untowards nature.

The tall, green stallion with his hair still somehow together in two bright red columns behind his head like some sort of a hood, shot him another wide grin that seemed all the more unnaturally long from seen upside down. As if it was covering far more of the muzzle, and teeth, than it did on most ponies even if those teeth were less sharp than tiny, bright white and alot of them. "Aye, sure. All that story jazz and nonsense! 'Course, don't think I told you that ya had ta believe me none. That's all on you, mate! 

... but I do swallow.  ...don't everybeing?"

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

Pastel seemed to get pouty quick upon being described as a "baby" pink pony. Looks like Slimpsy found what button to push even if it was unintentional.

"Hey! I have a home, with grandpa! And who are you calling baby!? I'm totally grown up! totally!"

She began rapidly poking Slimpsy in the leg over and over again annoyingly, knowing he was trying not to touch her. Good to see the friends all bonding.

@Sekel

The drakling's face went flat again as he looked back up again at the mare, his face long with distant regret.

"It was too long ago. I was too young to remember much and it can't have been more than my first year or two. I......  don't remember the filly that I was given to. I just remember an orangy... and red color in the shape of a pony. Like a sunset shimmering."

In fact, most of what was concrete in Kaltrop's memory was the constant fights with the other young dragons. What tended to solidify this little into his memory was the habit he had picked up as an even younger drake of ending his evenings alone, sunbathing and staring into the sun as it went down on the rocky coasts of the Dragonlands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Catpone Cerberus

The cave was about as deep as most cheap, subdivision houses. Basically one room, like you were stepping into someone's front hallway of their house. It wasn't but a few footsteps before they encountered somepony, half hidden in shadows for a slow reveal.

Greetings Travellers~~

An alabaster white pony stepped out to offer his services. If his gender could be discerned that is, for beneath his black horn and poofy, curly pink mane that... turned into a gradient... green stripe at the end of it where it reached his shoulder and.... the sparkly pink eyes of.... of a Fairy Ty-...  .......OH, YOU'RE KIDDING ME!!

~What?!~

... *cough* Brings you here, weary travellers?

You're an embarrassment, you know that? 

You'll have to pardon my vision, for I cannot see you so well through my Pastel Veil of these shadows.

tad obvious, yes?

If I may Poke a Man such as yourself to perusing my wares?

For I have many such useful items for that that finds themselves in these treacherous surroundings! But you may only purchase but one of these items as of now, so choose carefully!

The white pony TA-lked (ugh) from behind the small, woven rug it had placed by the back wall of the small cave. Upon the long rug stood four items: a small, yellow, oblong object that appeared to have a small, mouse-like mask upon it and seemed somewhat sticky, what appeared to be a hooked arrow in a shotting mechanism, a large leaf the size of a pony and... and  a vague, roundish black object that might be a bomb of some sort if the author wasn't exhausted at this point by repeated bad jokes.

The small ball of fairy light behind Catberus chimed in.  I, uh, have a few questions.

Yes? The salespony asked.                                               ...Why only one?

...Uh.  ... Because it's a Secret. To Everypony.

Eh, Fair.

And anything else?

...Are we the same being?

Seems so.

Huh. Weird.

I know, right?

The small fairy ball fluttered down to Cerberus's ear to confide quietly to him. If you need help identifying the item you buy, and how to use it, I can help you there. I don't trust this guy. Mostly because i'm also him. ...which does help in the whole, identifying the item thing.              

@Windy Breeze 🥧

"O-Okay, I'll get it as fast as I can. Don't let her get the better of you!"

Fast as she could, Sorrow would rush into the kitchen, and start looking around frantically for the syrup. She didn't like leaving Windy in there one bit, but there weren't much of a choice now, were there? She wasn't a fighter, but Windy were a Wonderbolt. Even if they weren't exactly a team of tough crime fighters, they were agile and nimble. Surely that were helpful to dodge attacks? Plus, all that training had to make them strong.

Her mom was right. She really Did need to think about picking up some sort of fighting technique, since not every situation could be talked out of. Hopefully she'd make it out alive so she could go tell her mother that she were right. And then ask Tomb perhaps if she could help her train. Her aunt were good at non-magical combat like that, and could probably help her learn at least enough to get herself out of the worst scraps, for enough time to flee.

It'd take a few minutes, but eventually, she found the maple syrup. It weren't the biggest amount she had ever seen, but if it worked, every drop was precious, so she did best in not dropping any of it, and really bite notice in how much were needed to help sort out Wine. Again, if it worked. Had to see how many they might be able to help.

"I got it!"

Rushing back into the room, without dropping any of the maple syrup, Sorrow would hopefully not find that Windy had been taken over. Surely that wouldn't be the case, right?

================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 6/28/2020 at 2:46 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Huh, this sounds similar to our system back home. A council with and elders leading the villages; each elder has their place on the council. I suppose the elders back home are full-time positions and they spend each day looking after their respective villages.” 

“But it looks like these cells are more like little rooms for someone to stay for a while. At least whoever stays in there have their necessities provided; I think they appreciate the gesture.”

"Every group needa a leader. Even if the town leaders aren't part of the council, they're chosen based on popularity and resourcefulness, then asked to talk in their village's stead, if the council have questions on how the town functions. A representative, is propbaly more correct. They have less actual power than your elders, from the sound of things, but they're still integral. Well okay, Razzle Dazzle have... Actually, never mind.

Anyway, the locals don't do a whole lot of bad stuff to eachother, so there's not much need for a lot of rough cells. A few disagreement or bad days happens, but nothing harsh really.

Tourists are much the same. Most of them are more than happy to abide the rules, but a few get caught up in the merriment, and end up getting a few drinks too many. Happens at every event out there, and they usually just need someplace to cool off, and sober up. It's one of the things that makes Soda popular. He's fair, and sees that you're not some criminal who needs to go into a proper prison just because you didn't think about how much you should drink.

I think you'd like him. He doesn't judge others all that quick. You should have seen the look on Discord's face when he got here and they met. Heh... Heh... That one sure didn't expect a welcome like that."

They'd be flying away from this building soon enough, and go towards another one that had little comparison to this. It were a clutch of smaller, gnarled trees, still with rooms within, but only at the base, whilst the upper levels and branches were seemingly equipped with protective rails, swings, ladders, rope, and on one point were several of the gnarled branched met up and made for a roughly two meter diameter surface to stand on, a blackboard with some common phrases written in Equine. One of which Omen bit notice in.

"Colt"

"Well, not right now, but normally yes. This is our school, where the little thestrals and bat ponies play and learn. Seems like they haven't cleaned everything up yet though. Must mean Wrinkle are still busy correcting his tie."

Both Banshee and Tomb seemed to have a little glimmer and a smirk going between them, as this were said. Something of a local joke, more than likely.

"Heh... Heh... Ah, in any case, this is a good place for the younglings to grow up. Each of the three smaller towns have their own main population, with this town being primarily bat ponies, so the school is mostly made for their access. The pegasus school in Somber Heights have a lot of clouds, whilst the breezie school in Glitter Grove is... Hard to explain., You'd have to see it to believe it, I think.

And as for what you asked, Sen. There's not many techniques we could share. Our family are mostly born with special abilities, that we use as our strength. Banshee for example, have the shriek you heard earlier, but it can be far worse than that. Me? I can use my guiding light, to enthrall and desorient others.

Then there's some like grandmother, who have several abilities, and help those of us that are less fortunate. One of my nieces- Sweetest mare you'll ever meet, but she wouldn't know how to fight if it came to it, and could only hear, see, and speak with the dead. Grandmother made her a necromantic foci, to help her carry the spirits around that needed time before they could move on. It fits her really, with how much she likes to flutter all over the place."

"Aren't necromancy still outlawed?"

"There's loopholes in any law, my friend. And with how connected to death our family are, necromancy to varied degrees, tend to run in our blood. It is up to the older and stronger among us, to guide our young to know how to use it properly, and respectfully. The dead deserves kindness and empathy, not control. Most of us understands this. Some... Less so."

A grimace crossed Tomb's face for a moment, as something seemed to cross her mind.

"That being said, a lot of us still have some formal fighting training. Me? I am partial to a good boa staff. Perhaps we could spar sometimes, Sen? One protector to another. Might be we'll both learn something."

===================================================================

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

23 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"I would say your better off never experiencing anything. You die faster that way."

"It's not a life if you don't experience anything."

A difference of opinion on this matter. Slimpsy seemingly figured it best to stay safe, never take risks, and experience nothing, to ensure a long or somehow short life. Stargazer on the other hoof, thought it best to prepare yourself for the worst, and go experience the world. As even if you died young, at least you'd have a life full of experiences to look back on. Far better than simply being stagnant and die secluded, in his opinion.

Both of their viewpoints had merit, and they were unlikely to change the opinion of the other all that easily.

On 6/28/2020 at 5:11 PM, Widdershins said:

"That's... that's what you saw. I can't help that. Things happen; every moment is a liability. Every breath you take you suck in some new Bacteria. #32. You learn that when you've been running as much as I have. ... that one, I guess is more of an 8."

Awh, poor thing. Jelly almost felt like going over and hugging the poor stallion, since it were just so sad to see how he kept worrying about everything. It wasn't how things were supposed to be, right?

"Everything can be dangerous, and we gotta be careful. Doesn't mean you have to worry about it all the time, no? When would you have time to enjoy things then? Life is full of fun and pretty stuff too, like pancakes and moonlight. Don't you have anything you really like talking about?Like uuuh... You gots a lot of rules, and you sound like you know tons about bacteria. Maybe you like to read? Ooh, or write? I bet you could write many, many pages. One of my teachers in Canterlot said that could be relaxing."

Said teacher then mumbled something that she didn't quite get, but included the phrase *Little sharks circling me*. He didn't want to talk about it when she asked about it, and he made sure to speak lower, or not at all, when around her again. He didn't deal with a lot of bat ponies, and as such, weren't always as aware that he couldn't do things around them, that he could the others. Mostly mumbling to himself, as Jelly had a pretty good set of ears on her head.

"In fact, that's a, that a good analogy there, Sir. Our family is like a Bacteria. We have Never gotten along once with ponies. Systematically, every time it's been total disaster. You can't make friends with us any easier than you could make a friend outta the Flu! If we could, would have happened by now and it has been hundr-" Slimpsy paused to stop himself from giving away too much and nearly short-circuiting his face attempting to do so as he turned back to the officer. Slimpsy was every Bit the wormy little informant that the policeforce knew to go to when they knew they'd break easy for information. 

"A long time! Anyway, the less you have to do with us, the better. I'm sure you've seen how crazy they are! But maybe you're too tired for that. That's Sleep Deprivation symptoms, I can tell. I know cures for that too, if you need. Tea mostly. Don't drink much though, boiled plant matter can give you cramps.

Look, maybe we wrap this up fast as we can. Get us all home. Like this poor, innocent pink baby horse!" He enthusiastically jolted a leg up over Pastel Heart to draw Stargazer's attentions to her, his leg stiff straight and clearly held in a way to show he didn't like the idea of accidentally making physical contact. "...and if we're talking hospitals, if you got a padded cell for offer?

...though I am allergic to pillow stuffing.#302."

"I'm well enough to do my job sir, thank you for the concern."

Another one commenting on this. Not a surprise really, as he were indeed sleep deprived. This town were worse than the horror stories in the Night Guard had lead him to believe. Not with the monsters and such, no. The actual work load, and just general weirdness, that seemed to consume the very notion of sanity in this town. With him also suddenly having to take care of Jelly out of the blue, as his daughter had wanted to live with him, rather than her mother, he just had too much on his plate to sleep these days. And yes, it weren't healthy, but he'd have to wait until an opportune time came. Perhaps once this family were dealt with, he could do so. At least for a few, blessed hours.

"As for your analogy, remember that the flu can also be controlled, and are hardly deadly. What you're attempting to describe would more fit a strong outbreak of for example, rusthoof. Like the one seventeen years ago."

He really shouldn't have brought this up, should he? This pony - or whatever he were - already functioned barely above a mental breakdown over all the perceived horrors of the world. Bringing up a disase that had been rather viral and troubling, for the four months it had lasted, were not going to help the matter at all.

"Regardless, whilst your family are a... Colorful bunch, I still have to ensure that I know where you are, in relation to them, so that I can bring back word that you're safe, at the very least. Optimally you should be there too, but that doesn't seem to be your want, and I can't force you, unless you do something to make me rethink that position. And yes, there are three padded rooms at the hospital."

He'd prefer not to mention that he knew this, because he had to throw one in there, and another were more or less permanently reserved in case Screw Loose got one of her episodes again. She were a uhm... Troubled mare. Interesting, no doubt about that, but to put it mildly, her name were rather fitting.

On 6/28/2020 at 5:28 PM, Pastel Heart said:

"Hey! I have a home, with grandpa! And who are you calling baby!? I'm totally grown up! totally!"

She began rapidly poking Slimpsy in the leg over and over again annoyingly, knowing he was trying not to touch her. Good to see the friends all bonding.

"Oh! Oh! I wanna try too!"

Jelly started touching Slimpsy too, though she'd attempt to tickle him instead, whilst the little owlet, Cloud, figured he'd join in and began pecking at the strange pony, unsure if it would help. But the fillies were smiling whilst doing the same, so that meant he were helping, right?

The three of them at least looked like they had fun. Stargazer were honestly unsure if he should tell them to stop, and Slimpsy... Well, he might end up with some sorta panic attack. he honestly weren't sure right now.

=================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

"It's... Not quite... Starswirl's theories state a multi-tier polyfield of interwoven check-balances that should account for interspacial weaving of subject matter. Starswirl was very intent on dampening fields and containment. It's speculated Null Magic was his expertise chosen. But Artifact Enchantment appears dulled in reaction to tissue matrice due to compartmentalized size/matter ratio and aside, such requires contacts we haven't really had access to in reliability so Kluge was likely inferior in gathered test experiments so I can't say quite for certain if results point towards an intrinsic Chaos Flaw or if that's intended in the spell matrices. It's all serious conjecture as the spellcraft is very fickle things where even pronounciation could set things askew and the whole initial spell was.... I dunno, a bit... unpunctuated?"

"Ohoho, you're a rare breed indeed, dearie. Few even know of Starswirls dampening field studies to such a degree, much less possess some of his earlier work. They're so disastrously difficult to get hold off after all, as most of what he did were mere writing, that are now stored in the Canterlot Library, or were destroyed after he vanished. Quite the peculiar antiques, if you will."

Scarcity held a pause, as she gave a knowing little smirk, and savored the moment before she'd say something that her enthusiastic companion likely would find fascinating.

"You simply wouldn't believe what some beings save for generations upon generations, only to eventually find a descendant selling off what they find, without knowing the true nature, or worth, of the item in question. Such a shame for them, yet I'm sure that a creature of refined taste for such things, like yourself, would not have so easily brushed something aside as mere old junk? No, I have the distinct feeling that one of your knowledge, would have recognized- Nay, felt honored even, to possess a thing as historically treasured, as one of Starswirl's experimental Leyline Nega-foci."

A dreadful name, yet sadly, Starswirl had not been the best at naming things back in the olden days, when he were first active, and this had been but a prototype. One of three, in fact. She were sure that if he had ever perfected this, he would have given it a better name. Considering the pretext were though, that this were to have been used to direct a complete, and total, magic-drainage point in a targeted direction, it were likely for the best that it never finished. Being able to more or less insert a magical needle to drain all the magic out of something, were the same thing which had made Tirek dangerous. Just on a bigger scale, as this would have taken said magic and run it through a matrix which would - in theory - have destroyed the magical aura as it were, disassemble it into raw magic, and then sent it directly into the leylines again, which meant that it could not be stored, nor cause further issues by being returned.

He had made such with the best of intents of course, as he wished for it to be used to precisely deal with curses, or other magical afflictions, but he had been rather narrow-minded for a long time, in how it could also be used in a rather offensive and disruptive way too. Plus, she knew what happened, when you attempted to meddle with things such as this. She had a mirror of some infamy in her collection that should be a warning as to why you did not try and go too far, when it came to these things.

"Ah, but there is a study for another time perhaps, and it is of course, but one of Starswirl's many, many endeavors into varied magical, and anti-magical, studies. It's a fascinating read truly, though personally, I am not much a fan of Kluge, if I am to be honest. Not his work per se, but I find it to be rather... Dull, in its presentation. It does not catch my interest as effectively as others do."

She could perhaps not follow him in everything, but it appeared that he liked to have somepony who would at least listen to him go on about these topics. Such a pity it must be for him, to have so many close to him, yet not a single one cared to listen to his rather impressive array of knowledge. Poor thing.

"I-it's not like we're some kind of magical mutant! It's just that there's always a fair lot of minutia to take into consideration on a lot of decisions, you know?"

"Ya a horrible liar."  "You're across the room! You can't hear any of this!!"    "Ah can still tell when ya bein' an idyot."

"I will unfortunately have to side with Mr. Stack on this matter. As a sister myself, I do find a certain flair for being able to tell when my sister have done something which bears attention, and have since we were but fillies. Many I know of with closely knit siblings say the same, so there is some merit to his claims. As for yourself, I am not saying you are a magical mutant dearie. It is more towards the spectrum of a group curse, if you will. A layman's term more are likely familiar with, regarding any sort of magic becoming dangerous, once all affected parties are near. It does not make you a mutant in and by itself, merely unlucky, yes?"

"A shark? That sounds like a big thingie for you to toss in front of!" Sunny pursed her cheeks in surprise as she reached a hoof down to Chop to caringly poke him in the cheek in what was hoped to be a reassuring manner.

"I was careless, and got bitten. It's what happens, even for a former Coastal Guard."

Sometimes he missed the work there, yet he were well aware that he wouldn't be able to find his spot there again, even if by some miracle, he were allowed to come back again. He had found a life in Ponyville now, with all that it entailed, and he wasn't gonna leave that. Too many that mattered a good deal to him here, and those were generally speaking, the only ones he allowed to touch him, in the way that Sunny currently were.

But she seemed essentially harmless, and just a foalish soul in an older, large body. She probably didn't know better, and as such, he had a hard time getting angry with her, or feel good about bashing her hoof away. So he let her have her minor degree of fun, whilst her brother then started to boast again. Urgh, he was an annoyance to deal with. Somepony like that? hoof to the face, if he tried treating Chop the way Sunny currently did.

Shortstack hopped back down off the table, bouncing his hoofs back down into affirmative stance of strength that most else would describe as more puppylike. "Ah could take one." And as seemed the usual response, he was ignored as if he wasn't part of the conversation. "I wanna be your friend too!" 

"...ya remember that lesson Blither gave yeh about words sometimes sounding the same?"

"I don' know what that got to do wif anythin'" Sunny Flush pouted.

Chop didn't ignore Shortstack, but he did look at the little annoyance, rather unimpressed.

"In the Coastal Guard, we had a saying about ponies who thought fighting a shark was easy. *Wake up Bessy, the clown have arrived*."

It were bound to happen now and again, during the shark wrestling matches they held for the tourists, that some felt they had it in them to take a fight themselves. Usually if they were insistent enough, they'd put them in the tank with Ol' Bessy then. The old gal hadn't much left in the way of teeth, or the stamina to deal with long shifts anymore, but she were excellent in handling some rowdy tourist, and give the crowd a laugh as she'd drag them around in her gums and present them to the audience like a dog and its toy. Pure comedy gold, every time.

"And the friend I'm talking about, is again, my marefriend. Means we're a couple. You know, romance, dates, all those things. I don't need, or want, another marefriend like that. Dunno if you'd want to be a regular friend of mine either. Not a lot like ponies that hunt, or butcher."

==================================================================================

@Widdershins

"Tolken? Ah, what a great writer indeed. As a lover of fantasy, it is hard to not appreciate the grand universe of his Mares of the Bracelet series. A good start, rivetting  middle with a rich history, and then a grand finish in Return of the Princess. Ah, such a magnificent set of books.

The prequel books took me a little to get into though. A good story too, yet I felt it dragged on a bit at times.

Ah, but the classics are spectacular as well. King Author have some great works in his name, ranging from the beginning of his acquisition of the throne, and then towards his older years, speaking of the adventures he had, and the hard work it were too govern his lands. Some of those tales were rather tragic, yet beautiful in their own mind.

Is there a particular one which you favorite? It have been many years since last I read them, but perhaps I can fondly remember a particular one?"

Seemed like they had finally found some common ground. How delightful! As were it to gaze around, and see the local's eyes get drawn in by the two of them wandering down the street. The masculine beauty Alonsus, and the behemoth of a stallion whom seemed almost chiseled in stone, Monolith. He almost envied them, that they got to witness this pair, whilst he could not do the same unless there were a mirror. Such fortunate souls.

Monolith would have drawn eyes in his old profession too. Looming, looking as if he were more akin to a golem than a pony, and likely able to crush a melon with a harsh stare? Any gang who had him as their muscle, would be most fortunate for sure, though thankfully that were not Monolith's life. And neither were it Alonsus's either, thankfully. It were a life he regret, and wanted nothing more to do with, if he could help it.

They would be very near the store, as the stallion were close, which meant that he at this point, could begin to see that there were others in there, through one of the windows. A peculiar, gangly fellow it seemed. How odd. But they'd see more about him within the next few minutes. Sadly, this trip were not long, yet perhaps there were time for more bonding at a later point. Or they could take a minor detour on the way back? The package should not be ruined that easily regardless.

===============================================================================

@Widdershins

"Hey! Crazy is attractive! Show's ye be a thinking mare! Who doesn't like a smart mare like you, huh? Some would say I'm crazy, but I DO get called alot of things! Heh~...

Berry looked from side to side, trying to spot if there were anypony lurking nearby whom might listen in, before she whispered an answer to this.

"Crazy ponies goes into asylums. I'm sane. Everypony's just not ready to handle the truth. But I'll show them. I'll expose the lies, and then they'll all know. We'll see who's crazy then."

She were halfway hidden beneath the counter as she said that, only poking slightly up above the counter. You could never tell when somepony were listening, and her plans couldn't be said aloud. The Conspiracy would just send her back to the loonie bin, to ruin her good name, and cover their tracks! But she were on to them. She knew how to play it smart, and prepare all the pieces until the day would come when they couldn't hid anymore. She'd show them eventually... Yes, she'd show all of them...

You do remind me of my brother though. Cute. A bit worse, he is." As Straw Hat talked more, Flit leaned back and sprawled his long neck to look back at him from upside-down in what would be an uncomfortable position for most ponies. "Aw, cute! Bet the missus is too!"

"She is a lovely mare indeed. I consider myself very fortunate, every day when I wake up, and see her sleeping soundly next to me."

Straw had dutifully ignored Berry right now, as she were in one of her more paranoid then normal moods, and he had found that it were best to just let it play out, until she would eventually begin to think that she might be watched, and would put on a happy face again. Perhaps not the most ideal thing, but he wasn't a psychiatrist, and as such, couldn't properly tell how to deal with this in a healthy manner. He could only do what he could as her friend and boss, and then hope it would do enough.

As for Flit, he did not help things right now, as he were putting fuel on that particular fire, but there were nothing to do about it by now, than to move on, and address what he said about his wife. Which were thankfully a somewhat respectful and kind thing, and not some comment that were less than kind. Straw were a patient pony, but he did not take kindly to those who insulted his wife.

The tall, green stallion with his hair still somehow together in two bright red columns behind his head like some sort of a hood, shot him another wide grin that seemed all the more unnaturally long from seen upside down. As if it was covering far more of the muzzle, and teeth, than it did on most ponies even if those teeth were less sharp than tiny, bright white and alot of them. "Aye, sure. All that story jazz and nonsense! 'Course, don't think I told you that ya had ta believe me none. That's all on you, mate! 

... but I do swallow.  ...don't everybeing?"

"My my grandma. What big teeth you have."

He'd jokingly say this to Flit, with a little chuckle, though the smile were actually somewhat unnerving. It reminded him of a shark, just hiding in a pony's skin, which frankly did not make it seem less dangerous in his mind. More the opposite, in fact. Stealth predators were disturbing to put it mildly, and if this one truly were a hydra, there were - pun intended - likely some bite to this one.

"And I suppose you do have a point, regarding everypony needing to swallow, to eat. Unless we are talking intravenously gaining food, but that's going too far just to find an exception, I'd say. And so far, I have not found conclusively that you're not telling the truth about what you might be. I am merely questioning the-"

"Wauh, that's a big pony wandering out there! He's making Alonsus look normal sized."

Berry would interrupt them, as she rose up above the counter and pointed out into the street, at the approaching stallions. one whom were indeed of a stature and built, to make Alonsus seem small in comparison. Not something he saw every day, that was sure.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(While Sorrow is in the kitchen) "

Windy was looking at Wine, who hadn't move an inch. She was very worried about the mare's state as well as her slow conversion. 

57 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I got it!"

Windy glanced at the kitchen, then at Wine, who took the opportunity to lunge at her. Windy yelped. She was pinned against the wall as she struggled with the madmare.

“You will pay the price! You will pay for your sins!” Wine yelled at her, who was turning a little bit black which started from her rump, to her face. She was starting to spit black ectoplasms just as Sorrow arrive.

(When Sorrow arrived)

Windy looked pass the possessed mare just to see Sorrow “Oh, thank Celestia, you're here!” she said “Quick! Throw some syrup into her. She's-” however, she was interrupted when Wine vomited at her, covering her face with black ectoplasms. In a panic, Windy used her one hoof to swipe the substance off her face “Hurry!”

Just by the corner of the room, Quill was regaining consciousness. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Discord was here, eh? That must’ve been a sight to behold.” A smirk grew on Lin’s face, almost looking like she’s grimacing. “Maybe I might want to hear Soda’s side of the story and see what the Discord has to say. That’s gotta be quite the tale.”

Sen didn’t really have anything else to add to that discussion. As fun as Discord is, perhaps meeting him may have inadvertently brought out Lin’s playful side once more. That was something he’d remember from when they were young; as much of a recluse Lin was, she never really fit that description squarely. She’d still find herself going out and trying to mingle with other younglings but it never really went anywhere. Only when Sen was around did she show her more fun-loving side. Might be that she’s picky with friends but experience says otherwise.

The siblings also got a look at the school, or what little they managed to see in a classroom they flew past. This was a first look at whole different system of education compared to how things are done back home. There were the basics and then it was all about thinking hard about what role a young longma would like to do for the rest of their lives and shadowing a mentor who would teach them enough until the young ones will take their place as an upstanding member of the village. 

Sen’s interest would pique once more at the discussion about the thestrals’ skills, or rather, their special abilities. Those sound like they could border on unicorn magic finely tuned for specific functions. Admittedly, that got the longma rather jealous. 

“That sounds good. A nice friendly spar to keep our skills sharp. And did I hear you right? You like using, um… a boa staff? If I’m not mistaken, a boa is a kind of snake. You fight using a snake as a weapon?”

@Blitz Boom
"I never said my kind would win, just that they are brutal." "As long as Equestria has magic, my kind can't take over, if I thought we could, I would have done so, but you have to realize we are not just brutes that attack everything that moves, we observe, plan, and then attack, it's a game for us." "It is true that most of my kind isn't as...patient as I am, but they're not stupid." "They would most likely attack a city, and the amount of death and destruction they could cause before the backup arrives....it would leave a mark." there was no pride in Ruby's tone, her expression and tone were serious "It's not a threat ponies can friendship themselves out of." 

"But that aside, regarding siblings, in a way, they're not a thing." "There's obviously the blood relation yes, but that's meaningless to us." "There's usually only one offspring at a time, so most of us will grow up alone, and after we leave our mother, only interactions between dragons are either fights or related to continuing one's bloodline." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't actually remember if I have heard about the changelings already, other than that one unpleasant one I met that is." Nada admitted "But yes, we could live with negativity that appears naturally, but the question is, would others my kind want to?" "I really don't know if they would, I haven't really been interacting with my kind since my decision to stop feeding, besides Serenade that is, so I have no idea how they think nowadays." "And I hope they miss me, but since our family wasn't as close as ponies tend to be, they may not." she didn't sound sad about it or anything, it was clear the she didn't feel too bad about it. She just smiled at the comment about Agni, she too was curious to see how he reacted.

------------------------------
Scarecrow had only one question "Is cooperation allowed?" he figured they would be teleported apart if it wasn't, but he wanted to make sure since it was stated specifically that both needed to find one.

Regardless of the answer, and even if they were teleported apart, Scarecrow would mutter to himself when Anomaly was gone "I figured these things were more imaginative, but no, took the eyes away instead of turning off the lights, or she's sadistic, could be either." she was referencing to how Anomaly had blocked Lyriel's connection to nature instead of just inventing a challenge where talking to animals didn't help. 

If Scarecrows muttering didn't cause Anomaly to react in any way that would stop the game from proceeding, he would look Lyriel with concern, assuming they weren't teleported apart, and depending on the answer to his question, would either wish her luck and safety before heading away to look for either shed scales or a manticore, or ask if she was aright and suggest a plan.

"Do you know where we could find shed scales? I'd say that's the better option now that your...abilities are limited, since I don't want you to get hurt." "I can work as distraction for you to get yours if needed to." 

If they were teleported apart, he would just proceed to look for what he needed.
-------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
"Firstly, what's a man?" "Second, purchase with what exactly? I don't have any currency with me, I mean, I'm sure I could find some but...still, I didn't get anything with me when certain someone teleported me here?" Cerberus asked  "And lastly, I'd like the identification of all of these, though I'm not fully sure what I would even need" The narrator must admit he has never played any zelda games and doesn't know anything about them.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

22 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"They would most likely attack a city, and the amount of death and destruction they could cause before the backup arrives....it would leave a mark."

Leviathan nodded understandingly, as the varied points were made, unable to really find a hole in the argument. Ruby knew her branch better than she did after all, and dragons in general, did tend to leave a mess if they attacked somewhere. Even if they lost the fight, in the grand scale of things, you could see that they had done enough to cause grievance, death, and overall destruction, to have still won on some level. It were one of the reasons why it had been seen as a grand day for all of Equestria, the day that the oldest of elder dragons in these lands, had proclaimed that those at his stature, should halt this action. The dragon lord could not control the elders, yet they listened to their superior, as they feared his wrath. Rightfully so. The ancient one were not to be trifled with, if you cared to remain alive.

Others of the elders didn't much care for this open warfare against the puny ones either though. La Perinne being one of the main ones there, as much as she were an intimidating figure, she were one who preferred to do her work from the shadows. An approach which had garnered her far more power, and caused more damage, than she could have caused by a mere physical presence.

23 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"But that aside, regarding siblings, in a way, they're not a thing." "There's obviously the blood relation yes, but that's meaningless to us." "There's usually only one offspring at a time, so most of us will grow up alone, and after we leave our mother, only interactions between dragons are either fights or related to continuing one's bloodline."

"It's very much the opposite in Dragon Land. We get between four and twenty eggs, and siblings grow up reliant on one another for social skills and combat training, since they constantly fight when growing up for dominance. Usually in a semi-friendly way. I wish I could've tried that, but I suppose it could've been worse. My egg could have been stomped to pieces too.

I wonder if your branch didn't work like that once, but evolved differently, to cope with more in fighting and self reliance. No need for large clusters of eggs, nor strengthening others, as that's just more competition for territory and food. Makes sense enough.

That being said, I don't think this one's ever going to be much competition for you, so barring any sort of bad behavior, I don't see a lot of reason to deal with him in the same way. It'd be like thinking a fox would out-hunt your supply of bears, which does not happen unless the Kitsune are involved. And we're far from their area."

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Awh, come one, think happy thoughts! It's been a thousand years. A lotta things can change in that time, like them thinking differently about a lot of things, since they've been away from all the fun stuff. And I'm sure that after that long, your family is gonna be thrilled to see that you're still alive."

Ziggy would bounce over and give Nada another hug, nearly flowing over with pure joy.

The mare were an optimist to a fault. Were there a chance for a good outcome, she'd focus on that, whilst also acknowledging that the best outcome usually required a good deal of effort. Energy well spent though, if it meant that you were working towards something positive. Trying to get back in touch with her family were hard work, but might they miss her? Yes. Ergo, worth both trying, and to keep a positive attitude and think that time had made them miss her real bad, even if they'd be shocked she were alive. And sure, the issue with them not being too high on living sort of like the changelings did, to mingle into society, were a bit of a bummer. But! That were a loooooong time ago, and they might really miss to be back up and mingling. They could... Do whatever sirens did back then. Maybe bingo?

"Always something that can go wrong, but if we keep expecting things to go badly, we're never gonna be happy, right? We'd be wasting our lives, worried about all sorts of dangers that probably wouldn't come near us, and be too worried to try for something good. You gotta hope for the best, and work hard to make it real."

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 6/30/2020 at 6:03 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Is cooperation allowed?"

"Well, duh. It'd be no fun for the readers if you were both alone."

Lyriel sent her a weird glance at that notion, but Anomaly just stood and snickered at the silly, silly little things, thinking that she were going to split them up. Sure she Could, but that were no fun, and fun were the name of the game! Mostly because she hadn't figured out a better one yet, though *Hunt for shinies: Boing boing." were a good first thought. Just seemed to lack a bit of zing yet, but she'd get there between setting up some obstacles and stuff.

"I figured these things were more imaginative, but no, took the eyes away instead of turning off the lights, or she's sadistic, could be either."

"Ooooh, that's a fun idea."

From afar, her voice rung out, and not three seconds afterwards, the whole forest dimmed down dramatically, to a point where it would seem like evening had fallen, and barely any light were grazing the skies. A nice, dusky setting, which he had just brought upon them. It had perhaps not been the wisest thing to say that out loud.

"Do you know where we could find shed scales? I'd say that's the better option now that your...abilities are limited, since I don't want you to get hurt." "I can work as distraction for you to get yours if needed to."

"It... It wouldn't have mattered either way. They do not like me. The animals were adamant about this fact, though I have yet to meet one to find an answer regardless. I guess... I guess it must be time. Though her words are silent, may the Earth Mother watch over me..."

Lyriel were not feeling well, in all honesty. Not having her connections to nature so close that she could feel the plants, or understand the animals, were unnerving and frightening to her. Perhaps in time she would come to understand this as a glimpse into how the world were, for regular equines , yet for the time being it did little more than scare her, and make her feel as if she had lost half of her senses. Or as if the Earth Mother had forsaken her, which were a thought so horrifying that she forced herself to stagger on, and think only on the scales, rather than linger on this and potentially start to openly weep. She could not live like this forever. It were a fate most unnatural and cruel.

"We have to... Have to go to the Steam Field. I were told to stay away from there, as it were the hot spot for chimera, seeking a mate.  We may find what we seek there, though I can't... I don't know the way anymore."

SHe were openly distraught, as she gazed around her, trying to find some path to that place she could recognize. Yet with her connection cut, she did not have the guide in nature, or the animals, that she used to have.

However, they seemed to have one who did know. The nature hawk, which reached a claw out, and in rough letters wrote on the ground *I know*. How it knew this, or were able to read, were mysteries, but one could argue that nothing made by a draconequus, were meant to act normal.

======================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 6/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Discord was here, eh? That must’ve been a sight to behold.” A smirk grew on Lin’s face, almost looking like she’s grimacing. “Maybe I might want to hear Soda’s side of the story and see what the Discord has to say. That’s gotta be quite the tale.”

"He were drawn to our Winter Gala. Accompanied the Element of Kindness here, and made quite the impression on the locals. Including grandma."

Banshee and Tomb both cringed somewhat as they recalled a memory which were not as funny, as the one including Soda.

"In fairness, he desecrated one of the way-shrines. She were bound to be infuriated, and you can certainly say she were that. I wouldn't have been able to set hoof in this town again, had I been scolded like he were."

Since they probably wouldn't know what a way-shrine were, Banshee would direct Abacus to fly onward, at which time they passed the bustling streets below them, where a large cluster of beings were seemingly setting up a stage in the town midst, about four meters in diameter. It appeared that a podium were also brought in, likely for Soda to stand behind whilst he gave his speech to the masses. Judging by the height of it, Soda were no short lad, that were certain. Oddly enough, there also seemed to be some pipes and a trough of sorts rolled in... Might be unrelated, who knew?

Whilst flying, Sen's question regarding the weaponry would be answered, starting with an amused smirk from Tomb, as she imagined actually whipping around a snake, like some sort of weapon. What a crazed, yet funny idea, in all honesty. Yet not anything that were safe at all, for anypony involved. Including the snakes.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“That sounds good. A nice friendly spar to keep our skills sharp. And did I hear you right? You like using, um… a boa staff? If I’m not mistaken, a boa is a kind of snake. You fight using a snake as a weapon?”

"The *Staff* part should give away that it is nothing as cool as that. A boa staff is what you saw on my back earlier, before I left it at the stables. It isn't good to have with you in these seats. Though I suppose, many places just calls them bo staffs instead. It depends on where you come from, but when Boo helped me make mine, he used to call it that. It just seemed to stick around in my mind as being that."

Collectors Items

(roughly how it looks)

Soon after, they'd get to one of the way-shrines in question: A slab of heavily inscribed, slightly glowing wood. Judging by the pale color, this were likely carved out of a Ghast Tree, which were a hard to maintain breed of trees, with a highly spiritual history behind them, according to the zebras. The symbols upon it were near indecipherable, though they might get the gist of a few, as there were some skulls, bones, wisps, and at the center of the top part, a small, delicate bell, with a few waves around it to indicate it ringing.

"This is a Way-shrine. They're placed in a rough pattern around all the towns, where the spiritual energy is highest. They help guide lost spirits to come, and find some semblance of peace in our midst. I suppose, it's sort of like a beacon, signalling that there is a safe haven for them here, and they instinctively begin to get drawn here. Our Great, Great grandmother, Geist Hoarder, made them back in her day, and we do what we can to maintain them, or replace them, if need be."

=========================================================================

@Windy Breeze 🥧

Sorrow didn't hesitate, once she saw the ectoplasm being bashed down on Windy, and as such, were over before the mare even finished her sentence. Seeing as the pores of the face seemed to be the primary entry point, she would squirt a fair chunk of syrup into Windy's face. Though not first. First she'd scoop up a hoofful, and smash it into Wine's face as if it were a gooey snowball. This should do the trick, surely, right? She just had to keep rubbing it in there, and then the second that she seemed to stagger or something of the like, get the ectoplasm she had used as a sort of insulator off of her, pronto. Since clearly, it hadn't been inactive ectoplasm, but very much an active bundle.

If that didn't do much, she'd panic, and try to stuff Wine's head into the syrup for a more direct approach.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

When the syrup touched Wine's half blackened form, she froze, then began to spasm and scream as if having an epilepsy. Windy gently pushed her off her and stood up. Wine collapsed as she tried to get the syrup of her and screamed in the top of her lungs. 

“I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOUUUAAAAAAAAAHH!!!”

“Did it work?” Windy asked Sorrow. Wine went limp, and the black ectoplasm that covered her soon melted away from body, her eyes returning to its normal color. When the cleansing was over, the earth pony was sprawled on the floor “I think it did” 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
"I heard whispers from the element of greed when I wore it, made me feel the need to use it more.
I can gather they all do that."

He looked aside, searching his memories.
"And I saw a faint image, they must've lost their last wielder of the element, because they left something behind."
He lifted his hoof and casted a form, which had two twisted horns, which Emerald could instantly recognize as Grogar's form
"This was their form, seems familiar but can't quite recall why."

============================

Skall glanced side to side when they arrived, making sure Steel couldn't see, as his form parted in two, staying behind as his other form went with Steelbeak.
He went to Canterlot, leaving Steelbeak tricked into leaving, holding the element up to his eyes with his claw.
"This is why it's better with just you isn't it? You have much more fun ideas." He smiled widely, teleporting to Canterlot, appearing as if he was a regular unicorn.

"Greetings!" He said enthusiastically to a royal guard, walking over and some glasses that he gave himself, to look intelligent.
"Do you know where I may find information on Tirek?"

============================

"Getting proper answers to what's going on will help massively, so yeah I am interested."

Hearing Hogweed out, someone so close to Chariot so far could clear some things out. Maybe they could even side with him to deal with Opal.

@Blitz Boom

“Oh… I guess I feel bad thinking the that situation was one of those stories to tell to lighten the mood. Sorry to hear about him desecrating your Way-shrine.” 

“Yeah, and I suppose it is rather odd to think of using snakes to beat someone over head. Might not be fun for the snakes, too.” 

The longma got their first glimpse at the shrines and marveled at their design. Whether it was the magical glow, its intended purpose, or just their thoughts on the matter, they couldn’t help but feel comforted by it. It somewhat made them wish they had something like it back home. The Emerald Spires could use one, if only to let those resting in the area know their kin never forgot about them. A small comfort but it wouldn’t give the siblings the peace of mind they would hope for their parents. 

Still, it might have given Sen some ideas on what can be done back home. Maybe not delving in to the gristly appearance of the totem-like object but the concept was a reassuring one. The longma would note this as his sight turned to the streets below and the increasing amounts of activity.

“The spirits are fortunate to have your great, great grandmother looking out for them then, and you now. Between this and the lantern from earlier, this place really makes spirits feel welcome. If you don’t mind me asking, how did this all start? Where did the idea of the using Way-shrines come from?”

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"No, nothing else at all," Atzy replied with a quick shake of her head. "At least for now. If we do have anything else, I think we can find you here at the castle?" Karmic wasn't sure what to think and only nodded dumbly, stirring at her empty tea cup.

"For what it's worth," Karmic said quietly, swallowing a bit. "The scorpion tea was nice, Ambassador."

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Wh- Manetids!? Those things you've been trying to find!?" Twilight yelped in a panic, unable to stop Last from running with her on her back. She looked behind them and seeing the bug creatures, she lit her horn up and attempted to zap a couple of them with purple beams of pure magic to try and get them to stop following. "What does magic do to the Manetids!? Wait, is Cherish following us!?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora jumped to the side and flared her wings, hovering a bit with a couple of flaps before touching back down. She squawked in fear and her first instinct was to hide under her wings but she couldn't exactly do that when a friend was in trouble. She took a breath and let it out slowly, doing her absolute best to keep fear from clouding her mind. Aurora took stock and looked from Happy and to where the ball had been thrown from. Not seeing anything left behind, she quickly ran to Happy. "Are you alright? Did you see what threw that?" Aurora asked quickly in concern.

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"You'd think I would have retained that information," Dazzle smirked at Long Stare and chuckled. "Nobles sound boring enough to not even give them the time of day, honestly. But hopefully whatever is happening here will happen soon. It's really really strange to me to stand around and do nothing." She added and shifted her stance from hoof to hoof before sitting down and wrapped her tail around her hooves. Looking at the strange assortment of ponies, she wasn't sure what to make of them other than that Shortstack was related to them in some fashion or other. "Shortstack! Why in Tartarus do you have so many siblings here!?"

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"That sounds very specific," Dawn said quietly. "I .. well. I don't have anything better to do with my life. I think I can help you find the filly ... or well mare now. Yeah. She'd be a mare now if she's still around here somewhere," Dawn told him with a quick nod. She was confident she could help him and if not, then well, at the very least they'll have each other, right? "I don't know any of my family other than my mum and that turned out to be a flop because she left as soon as I could fend for myself. I don't know if I have siblings, or even if my parents are still alive. So we could help each other find our family. What do you say?"

• Brohoof 1

@Sekel

"Thank you for the kind words. If ever you have something you need to know, be advised that you can always come to the castle, and ask to meet me. I cannot assure that I will have the time, but if nothing else, I can give word back when I do, or have an assistant help you."

Over on the table, three rolled up scrolls would suddenly appear on a silver platter. Golden would then float them over. One to each of them.

"As promised, your papers. Please try not to lose them."

The papers would have an official seal on them, and when rolled out, would reveal thick, sturdy paper, where in beautiful hoofwriting it put their status, as he promised earlier. At the end too, would be another seal, yet this one were not his. It belonged to Princess Celestia, meaning that this had been approved at least, by the one on the very top.

"Forgive the time it took. The maids informed me that the princess wished to sign these herself, and to bring a message, to after you had received them. An invitation for you all three, along with your queen, Karmic, in two weeks. I apologize the duplicity, but she wanted it to be a surprise, and I did not wish to deny her this modicum of entertainment."

He'd start to slowly rise from his seat, to prepare to leave, along with the others, though it were clear on both him and his attendant that it were hard on him. Hopefully now, he'd be able to rest some, as they wandered off.

================================================================

@Sekel

Cherish were indeed following them, bound as she were to the piece that Last were wandering around with.

Last however, didn't focus on that, as much as simply cursing out loud, with some rather choice words not heard around nicer places like Ponyville, as she saw the princess sapping the creatures.

"I were trying to get away from them, without them seeing us, so I wouldn't have to hurt them. Like you asked. If they come for us now though, you've forced my hoof, your majesty."

And indeed, with a few of them going down, the other ten or so would indeed see them, and focus directly on the lot of them.

"Krrgxh. Shrine Maiden!"

The largest of them would point down as he spoke, and the group as a whole would then begin to fly down towards them, whilst Last picked up speed in forcing them into the forest.

"Don't draw their attention again, or I have to start cutting them down. I will obey orders, but if your life is in danger, I will do whatever I must. Up to and including disobeying and restraint you."

They'd see if they could get away from the Manetids. Would help that the forest were proper dark, yet very, disturbingly silent. Things might go badly in here.

===============================================================

@Sekel

Happy were holding a hoof to his head, looking pretty dishelved after his tumble, and like a big 'ol headache were going over him. A small prize, compared to what could have happened honestly.

"I have no idea. One moment we're just wandering, the next I get impacted right in the face by something hard. Uuuurgh, my head feels all messed up."

He'd take the hoof away, and the faint imprint of glowing, glittering lines where the thing had hit him were shown for about a brief second, before they faded away, seemingly having left no other impact. If you discounted the big bulge that were growing up there, from the impact. He'd definitely feel that one for a while.

"Guess if I ain't dead, it could be worse, right? Freaking ouch though. Head's knackered, and the rest are starting to whine a bit too, after that tumble. You alright at least?"

==============================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"Some creatures just have big families. In more ways than one, sometimes."

Stare would look at Sunny as she said the last part, as the mare were big in multiple ways, and for some reason, she had felt like putting it in the way that she had. It were not mean with ill will in mind of course. The mare were simply just rather large. Nothing wrong with that in and by itself, right?

"We can just go home, if you don't want to stand around and do nothing. It's fine, I'm sure these nice ponies could handle things."

She did send a nervous gaze towards Chop though, not sure what were happening over there, beyond Sunny getting somewhat personal. She guessed... Yes, perhaps it were best if she went out of her comfort zone a small amount.

So she wandered over, and planted a kiss on Chop's cheek. The one with most of the scars on, before brushing her head against his. Something which he would do in return too, and for once, actually look as if the tensions in his body eased up, and he found some degree of serenity in the moment.

She hadn't told her sister - who surprisingly, responded with a raised eyebrow and brief pause, as she actually had not thought this were the case - nor the ones at work... Or really anypony else in town... And they didn't usually do public showings of affection like this, since she mostly spend her free time back home, and weren't sure how to tell her work buddies about all of this. But still, she thought that perhaps to help him, she'd do best in sorta marking that yes, Chop had a marefriend. And it were her.

She'd back away again after this, and let him get back to talk to whom he were, whilst she returned to Dazzle with a blush on her face.

"Sorry. I uhm... Thought it might be as good a time as any, with Sunny asking questions, and Alonsus being away. Please don't tell him though? I'm still trying to find a way to tell the others at work, without it getting weird."

@FanOfManyShows

"Can't say that they look familiar, personally. Perhaps something worth reading up on, at a later date, if it turns out to be important for anything."

Despite being a knowledgeable being, Emerald were not aware of everything, and horns from some creature that had no other features, said her absolutely nothing. Had to be someone more distinct to get her to know them from so little, like Tirek, or perhaps Sombra. This? This might be any garden variety ram, for all she knew. Or another taur like Tirek, just lesser known. It were hard to tell from the form and some horns really. Especially since if Chariot weren't sure, there were no guarantee that the representation were fully correct.

Mattered little currently. If it became important later, she could read up about it, or ask her talking tome, if need be. Something which had rudely been stolen from her, but as she demanded it back, or Sapphire's ressurection spell would be held off indefinitely - partially due to the book having some of the information she needed for this endeavor - it had been reluctantly returned. The general had been insistent on this, yet warned that if she took notice of anything shady going on, that book were going to be her kindling. It had been somewhat mouthy after that, but Screecher had been quick to make a point in her usual, discreet fashion. Pulling out a torch and going towards the book at a slow pace, with a rather *on business* look grazing her face. First time Emerald had ever heard a book shriek in fear, but she supposed there were a time for everything.

"Regardless, it's soon time. Let us go over the procedures until the mixture is ready, okay? Just focus on the work."

It would be easy enough to fill the time until the procedure like this, which would also prep Chariot for what she wanted him to do during it, as well as some warnings about what would happen if he tried to screw it up. They should be well prepared when time came.

================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

On 7/2/2020 at 5:15 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"This is why it's better with just you isn't it? You have much more fun ideas."

Skall might be able to feel the joy that came from the element, as the spirit saw him agree with her, that they were much stronger without the tools hanging around them. She may be a deceiver, fully ingrained with the concept of lies, but Skall were not like the pretenders that tried to wield her powers. He were better, and to him, she wouldn't feed him lies, only the truth.

However, being that she were the spirit inside the Element of Lies, truth were a subjective term, and might skewer heavily towards her objectively ignoring some of it, to make her own truth. Whatever it would take, to make Skall stay away from the weaklings, and remember that the only one he could ever rely on, were her. They never needed the others then, and they didn't now either.

"They would never be there for you, like I am. They'd stab you in the back for their own agenda, but I stayed loyal. I never obeyed another. Just used them, to signal to you."

On 7/2/2020 at 5:15 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"Greetings!" He said enthusiastically to a royal guard, walking over and some glasses that he gave himself, to look intelligent.
"Do you know where I may find information on Tirek?"

The young Solar Guard would turn around, and give the strange arrival that he hadn't noticed, a sheepish grin.

"Hello there sir. Tirek you said? I'd go to the library then. It's just two blocks down that road, and on the left. It's impossible to miss it, and the receptionist can probably help you get to the books talking about what he did. My sister even said they've gotten an updated tome now, about what happened after he escaped and came to Ponyville. She says it really adds a lot of story to his tale, even if there's still more to come. The librarians can probably help you more about that than I though. Not the biggest reader I'm afraid."

He'd point towards a road going west down the main street, leading to the center of their capitol. With how the library were marked, and the size of it, it should be no problem for this pony to find it. He were sure of it.

==================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Shade's eye glowed a little for a few seconds, before he started to nod and look towards the door.

"She were nearby. I've had had intercepted, and she will be here soon."

Within three minutes as it turned out, flanked by two of Shade's troops, and looking like she were about to cry. Something which did not diminish when she came into the room, and the first thing she saw, were the one in charge of the silent troops.

"N-N-No! I s-swear I'm not a traitor! Please don't h-hurt me!"

The troops stopped her from being able to exit to room, and they actively pushed her towards the strange pony, after closing the door behind them, and staying there to ensure the meeting weren't interrupted. It appeared as if Shade's reputation were getting to this mare, which could work in their advancement, if done right. However, the general would probably not be thrilled wit him, if he went on to cause the lieutenant to end up as little more than a ball on the floor, weeping and shakingly saying everything she knew, so he'd lay off her somewhat. For now. If for nothing else, because he didn't much care to hear General Screecher tell him to do so another time anyway.

"You've been brought in for questioning, but not from me. She's all yours, general."

To prove this further, Shade would step away, leaving plenty of room for Hogweed to see the general, and focus solely on him, rather than the stallion standing some three meters away.

"S-Sir? You're... W-What do you need me for?"

A terrified look were still in her eyes, but it were lessening some, as she were faced with a friendlier being to be questioned by. Though really, an irate bear would be friendlier to her, than Shade were. At least she knew what a mauling were. Shade she didn't know what would do, and the rumors of what might be, were plenty enough to assure her that she really didn't want to, either.

=====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Oh… I guess I feel bad thinking the that situation was one of those stories to tell to lighten the mood. Sorry to hear about him desecrating your Way-shrine.” 

“Yeah, and I suppose it is rather odd to think of using snakes to beat someone over head. Might not be fun for the snakes, too.”

"Appreciated, though thankfully, we got the way-shrine repaired quickly. Uncle Rot Farmer is excellent at keeping the trees alive and well, even if he doesn't have our talents, so we had what were needed to make a new one, with Great Aunt Mourner handling the runes on it. Only took about a week, and the rest did well in carrying the burden for that time."

"Yes, even if the stallions of our family can't interact with spirits like we can, they still have tangible talents that can help it in some way. Dealing with animals in one way or another can be one of them, though I can't say any of them ever hit others with snakes. Maybe Gloom Shire, but he's a little strange as it is. Hermit life doesn't go well for everypony, though hopefully now that he's living with Ellis Bitter. Still hoping they come around tonight. I haven't seen either in years, and Ellis promised to bring some of her cider along when she did. Even made hints that she'd come this time, if things were looking okay.

Heh... Heh... Sorry about that. Sometimes just keep talking, even if it ends up going away from the topic."

Rosa almost said something here, about him understanding that, but he remained silent, and instead let the others talk, whilst he took in the sights. Much the same that Omen and Shrimp did, though the former were likely to have questions later of what she saw, and the latter were more interested in snapping after fallen leaves, and occasionally gander at weird things, like the big way-shrine they approached.

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“The spirits are fortunate to have your great, great grandmother looking out for them then, and you now. Between this and the lantern from earlier, this place really makes spirits feel welcome. If you don’t mind me asking, how did this all start? Where did the idea of the using Way-shrines come from?”

"Geist Hoarder were just good at making enchantments, knicknacks, and that sort of thing. Eventually when a few of our family started to show they had what it took to maintain the right trees, she started to experiment, and found that when she did certain markings, it affected the spirits in new ways. After a few years, she made her first way-shrine, and managed to craft about twenty in total, before she died.

She's helped make around ten more since then. Honestly, she's more interested in teaching other things to the others, and just make sure that there's always somepony who knows enough about these sort of things to repair and maintain these, just in case. Currently, she's trying to teach Weeping Mary, who's actually doing pretty good. Probably the most promising of this generations fillies, when it comes to rune-work and spirit vessels. You might see her down there later actually, alongside her older brother, selling trinkets and the like. You won't be able to miss her. She's the only filly wearing a mourning veil. Don't worry though, she haven't lost anypony. She just sorta likes it, for some reason."

======================================================================

@Windy Breeze 🥧

"I think it worked?"

For good measure though, Sorrow dropped a few more drops on both Windy's and Wine's faces, to see if they had further reactions. It were hard to think this were the case, that maple syrup helped on these things, but the evidence were unquestionable. She had to start carrying two bottles around with her, if she survived all of this. One for spirits, one because it were yummy, and she might meet a wild pancake that needed to be eaten.

The folks back home weren't gonna believe her on this, but hopefully, she could prove it to them, and this wouldn't have been a harrowing, dangerous experience for nothing. One that were sadly not over with yet, so it weren't time to rest on her laurels, so to speak. Doubly so as it seemed like Quill were about woken up, and would likely want to know what in the blazes were happening. Sorrow couldn't answer that just yet though. She had to find out how much syrup they had left, so that she could see roughly how many more they could save/ward off.

"Quill? Wine? Are you okay? No... Hostile thoughts?"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Unfortunately, Quill happened to hear the last moments of Wine's possession that she cowered and refused to speak while Wine sat on the floor like a dog, unaware of what happened “Huh? What happened?” she asked. 

“Y-You were possessed” Windy told her, and received a yelp from the latter. 

“W-What!?” she glanced at Sorrow “Was the Wonderbolt telling the truth!?” Windy rolled her eyes.

“No, I was telling a horror story” she said sarcastically. 

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Sounds good. I think I’ll consider getting a trinket. I wouldn’t want to have a passing memory of this place.”

“Definitely. As much as we’d find ourselves roaming around cities, this place certainly has a homey feel to it. I don’t know if its the hospitality or just the looks but this already feels more welcoming than Canterlot.”

Though the elite of pony society, and perhaps the princesses, live in luxury, that kind of lifestyle couldn’t match the more grounded feel of regular community interaction. Everyone showing up and going about their business, mingling and socializing in a way that doesn’t leave anyone turning up their noses. A rustic sentiment but even with the signs of life building through a carnival, it still has the charm of simplicity. 

Right now, Geist Hoarder and the locals remind the longma of their grandfather. A simple craftworker and artisan by trade. He may be getting on in years but he’s still got his skills. A few others in the village could be described by the same profession yet there doesn’t seem to be any competition. In the Moonlit Thicket, the place feels tight-knit. 

“Hey, uh, I’ve heard about these things that capture moments in time into pictures. Would you happen to know what those are called? And do carnivals have those kinds of things?”

Sen hesitated to ask for a moment but they were at a carnival. If ponies go to these kinds of places to have fun, some would probably want to have something to help them remember those moments. He found himself having the same sentiment.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby nodded at Leviathan's conclusion "In the books was mentioned the time of civilization briefly, and though it didn't really go to such details, I got the picture that my kind did indeed get more offspring back then, though I doubt it ever was as high as twenty." "And don't worry, as much as I like killing, killing weaklings like this one gives me nothing, and it would only put me on the same level as the cowards I despise." "Besides, I doubt he'll be much of a problem, males are considered inferior by our kind, and they are treated as such, so when you add that to his defect, he will most likely be too scared to even move when he realizes the company he is in." "Especially if we share the same mother, since I look quite a lot like her and I'm sure she treated him even worse than I was treated." This is where Ruby's differences to most creatures would make themselves known again, because while what she said sounded like it could hint some sort of sympathy being felt, the way she said it made it clear she felt nothing, it was like she was talking about a weather or something, though even weather would probably bring up more emotions in her.

------------------------------------------------
"I used to be lot more optimistic when I was younger." Nada stated "But when you see your friends turn on you because of something someone else did, when you're forced to hide for a millennia because you don't want to be forced to live in another world....it changes your perspective on things." "And don't get me wrong, I'm optimistic about this situation, and really the worst case scenario is that I have to wait another millennia to try again, but I can't ignore the negative consequences of things that may happen." 

---------------------
Scarecrow would have rolled his eyes if he would had such things, "Figured." the darkness made no difference to him, after all, he had spent most of his current existence in the darkest parts of the forest, but he had expected something like this for some reason, though he wasn't sure if it was a good judgement of character from his part or if he had some history with draconequus that he just didn't remember.

He nodded in understanding to Lyriel's response, he could tell she wasn't aright, though it really wasn't a surprise, and he was going to say something regarding it before the 'bird' did its thing. "So I guess we'll follow the....hawk for now, but I also know the general direction where it is so we shouldn't get lost even on the chance that it is as sadistic as its creator." but before he would start moving, he faced Lyriel and put his hoof on her shoulder, now that she didn't have her connection, she most likely wouldn't feel anything unusual besides maybe the lack of warmth that was to be expected from a walking corpse "I can tell you're distraught from what the draconequus did to you, but don't let it get to you, it is likely exactly what she wants." "I know I'm not necessarily the best being around to comfort anyone, but focus on the task at hoof and nothing else, that will help you keep sane, I will make sure you'll get through it." he didn't have lot of experience in lot of things, but one thing Scarecrow knew was how to deal with problems you can't solve.

After everything was said and done, he would tell the 'bird' to lead the way. 

@Blitz Boom

An exceptional requirement to be an agent of the O.M.I.?  It did appear that way when one could take a moment to think about it.  As the founding members of a project Minty was trying to get underway, she could ill afford only the average of ponies for an undertaking of policing magical abuse throughout Equestria.  Among other things, such as offering their services to even the local police when necessary.  Still a very young organization.  The ink on the royal decree that established the O.M.I. had barely dried, figuratively, when on their way back from Canterlot, did Minty catch wind of a young unicorn colt that had dispelled a hex from a young filly at his school.  The only members at the time being Minty and Tussle when they first scouted Rising, but still needed to wait for the colt to finish school.  Minty was no detective, the poor dear, but luckily Tussle had a strategic mind, the kind a pony wouldn't want to play chess against.  Instead of letting Minty continue to pursue criminals by simply just removing the building around them, it fell to Tussle to had the administrative aspects and convince Minty to stay as a figure head.

Through Minty's wealth, securing a building that would become the O.M.I. was easy enough, but was oddly surprised to receive a letter from Princess Celestia that they'd be receiving a vault to guard.  The vault in the basement they still have no information about.  Even the little bit of probing Rising has done hasn't revealed any answers.  Recruitment began shortly after.  Minty took firm office as Captain, a duty that could keep her out of trouble and where she shined the most, the political realm.  Tussle refused the title Lieutenant and simply accepted her position as second in command with the title of Secretary.  A few names had been scouted before the founding, and a hoof full accepted the call whom became the first team. 

Under Tussle stands the two current teams, led by the O.M.I.'s two detectives Black Jack and Rising Dusk.  Black Jack a notorious thief that had finally been caught.  As the story went, while the Commissionaire of the City Police was interrogating the unicorn, Minty had simply walked into the room, dropped a royal decree on the table and levitated Black Jack away claiming him as hers now.  What happened after that was between Black Jack and Minty, but the results ended up with the thief serving his sentence using his criminal intrigue to catch other criminals.  While most the time each agent works independently as cases appear, the ten officers are assigned to their respective teams for bigger cases that requirement more organization and specialization.  Rising's team consists of Scarlet, Starbright, Flare Blitz, Orange Glow and Fleet Feather.  Leaving Gold Mane, Wind Gale, Cork, Bash and Rain Storm under Black Jack's command. 

Speaking of said officer who was getting an ear full from one of the Sisters of Troy that was quickly deflecting her previous claim of being worried about him.  Null really loves going from zero to a hundred at the drop of a feather.  "You caught me," he smiled, taking this shift in gears as a good sign that Null really was okay and not just putting up her own tough front.  "My bed does call," he commented, casting his tired gaze to their west wall and where his mental map of the city pinpointed his said bed to be.  "Just making sure you two weren't any worse for wear from the attack , as I can see you are," he concluded, both the Sister physically and emotionally just as he had left them.  "One more place to check, then this pony can rest," he sighed before giving the pair a smile and a nod of farewell, "Pleasant evening ladies."  Turning on his hoofs to leave the inn and make his last stop at the Boom's.

@Rising Dusk

Things would be fairly quiet at the Boom workshop. In the time Rising had been gone, Molotov had long since gathered up the firewood, and placed it in several piles, under several tarps behind the workshop, where they'd be drier and more secure. Plus, in case they suddenly began to spring to life, he had easier access to a torch back there, so he could handle the issue before it got worse.

As for the workshop itself, Rising would find that none of the systems keeping it safe, were reacting on him, which meant that the security protocols had seemingly not been changed around since last he were here. he'd be able to easily wanders up, and soon after that, hear a slight click, as the door unlocked for him.

Whistling away over near his primary work bench, stood Molotov, with his back turned, and none the wiser about him getting a visitor. He seemed to be working on the base structure of a wing, roughly the size and shape of Null's current one, just without the feathers. It seemed to be a work in progress, and he kept glancing over at a blueprint laid out on the table, describing his current one, as well as one with Null's physical measures, weight, etc.

The whole thing were so far mounted on an equine spine, tied to metal wires keeping it hanging solidly from the ceiling, though Rising were surely awake enough to recognize a medical replica, over an actual, pony's spine. Not something just about everypony had access to still, but run around the right thrift stores, check sales from schools/hospitals getting rid of old equipment, and so on and so forth, and it were usually possible to find something interesting. In this case, part of a broken teaching skeleton, that some pranksters had split up and taken certain parts off. So seeing as some of the things Molotov worked on would be implemented rather directly into other beings to function, he had bought some of the pieces. Including the spine, which had been pretty helpful many a time so far actually. Really helped him get plans ready to refine and perfect his own set of wings, as well as work out details about sockets and avoiding paralyzing spinal injuries.

In a corner, Felicia sat on the floor, no lights in her eyes, and a wire hanging from the ceiling, connected to the top of her abdomen. On top of her, sat Carmen, also seemingly de-powered for now, though she weren't connected to anything. Likely she just wanted to reload herself too, while nothing else were really happening.

Blitz on the other hoof, were over at their own workbench, not noticing a thing going on around her for the time being, as she were tinkering with her own thing. What exactly were hard to say, but there were a small, beaten up music box, the smell of roses, and a sound like low, rumbling thunder, mixed with a frog's croaking going on, so... Could be anything really.

=================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Leviathan let out a sigh. How far had Ruby's branch fallen, to end up at this raw, primal state, where even their genetics were against them spreading further? Not even the wyverns acted like that, and those things were the dragon equivalent of pigeons. Feral little beasts, that less than wise creatures sometimes claimed to be a kind of dragon. Slightly smarter ones didn't say that around an actual dragon though, as they did not take kindly to being insulted like that. It would be like saying to every pegasus that they were clearly related to a pigeon. Same thing, right? Small brains, short lives, and wings. No difference.

Scholars knew better, and were aware that the two of them were very, very distantly related, to a point where the two species could be considered cousins once upon a time, but there were a wide gap between them now, and dragons generally did not like being compared to those feral, flying nuisances.

"Sounds like he wouldn't last in your country. Thankfully, there's more chances for runts here in Equestria, long as he gets taught right. Gotta figure out if perhaps he have the gift of magic too, when he eventually wakes up. I see it more often in runts, than the brutes. Might be some sort of connection between smaller growth and this, but I couldn't say for sure. I'm not an egg head.

Anyway, I'll go capture him something to eat, then meet you at the cave. If he's awake then, try not to scare him too badly. If you're right, he's gonna be frightened enough as it is."

Unless Ruby had something to say, Leviathan would take off, and quickly fly towards a nearby river. Within six minutes, she'd be back, water glistening off of her scales, with a rather sizable fish on her back, around the length of the runt. Should be able to sustain him some, if he were still here that were.

"Hey, everything okay in here?"

========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Friends turning on her? Aaawh, poor Nada.

Ziggy hugged the siren a little tighter, though she had apparently overstayed her welcome, as the phoenix started to look down on her, and ruffle a little from side to side where he sat. Agni wanted to go down there and peck her on the head, until she stopped touching his siren, but he didn't want to get in trouble for being rude again. He weren't sure were the limit were, but it felt like he shouldn't try something like that, so instead he'd just sit and start to fight his own instinct to protect his territory.

"It's never bad to think of what bad stuff can happen, Nada. But it's real important that we try to focus on how good stuff can happen too, and hope for that. Everything goes really dim otherwise, and nopony deserves that. Especially not you, with all the other bad stuff that's happened, but I promise you that I'm not gonna turn my back on you, nor Serenade. You're my special fis- Scaley friends, and anypony would be lucky to know you in all your massive, squishy glory."

She had almost called Nada a fishy pony, but managed to take it back. She had recently learned from Serenade that that were apparently, not a nice thing to call a siren, so she were trying her best not to call either of them, the most obvious cutsey name she could think about, whilst trying to decide on another pet name. Ocean Bards were as far she had gotten so far, and it didn't feel right. Took a lot of effort to think this through, in her opinion.

======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 7/4/2020 at 12:32 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I can tell you're distraught from what the draconequus did to you, but don't let it get to you, it is likely exactly what she wants." "I know I'm not necessarily the best being around to comfort anyone, but focus on the task at hoof and nothing else, that will help you keep sane, I will make sure you'll get through it."

Lyriel placed a slightly shaking hoof on top of Scarecrow's as he talked, feeling nothing but the strange cold, without the odd sensation from earlier. Yet another thing she were cut off from now... What were she, without her connection to nature? A freak? A heretic? She were not sure. Not a pony at least, that much she knew. They were complete in what they were, yet her... She were torn asunder. Ripped away from her basic foundation, and left as little more than a shell, representing a pony. She felt as if she had no solid ground underneath her hooves right now, and everything just felt hollow and distant.

Yet, it helped having Scarecrow here now, to calm her, before she ended up just laying down crying, and begging to be set free of these chains she had been bound in. It gave her some degree of comfort to know that he were here, and that he'd help her through this, just as she wanted to help him gain what he wanted too.

"...Thank you. It might not seem like much, but it please know that it does to me. Right now, having a friend here means more than I could express in words."

She'd take a few deep breaths, before attempting to compose herself, and move around a little less shaky. Everything were still wrong and unnerving, but she weren't having to deal with this alone. Scarecrow would her through this, she were sure of it, and for that, she would owe him immeasurable degrees of gratitude. To be here for her in this most trying of times for her, were not something she'd soon forget.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:32 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

After everything was said and done, he would tell the 'bird' to lead the way.

The hawk would've just looked on as they talked, whilst stretching it's various body parts some more, and waiting for them to be ready. As Scarecrow informed him that they were however, it would start to flap it's wings, and getting ready to take off. After about ten seconds, it would flap, and gracefully get a few inches off the ground- Before folding its wings back in again, and keel over until its beak almost hit the ground. At which point, it would open wide.

From the open beak, would emerge eight long, gangly spider legs, that made contact with the ground, and would lift the *bird* up to about a meter into the air, at which point the legs were properly set on the ground, and supported the creature they had sprung from well. And then it would just begin to wander forward into the forest, as daintily and elegantly as any spider would, when it were rather large and didn't fear the surroundings. The fact that the body of it seemed to be a nonchalant, wooden made bird, were of seemingly no consequences to this, and made it out to look sort of like an elongated, very weird hermit crab. One who were in fact, leading them in the right direction.

"...Please tell me that madness have invaded my mind, and that I did not just see that."

==============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 7/4/2020 at 12:54 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Sounds good. I think I’ll consider getting a trinket. I wouldn’t want to have a passing memory of this place.”

“Definitely. As much as we’d find ourselves roaming around cities, this place certainly has a homey feel to it. I don’t know if its the hospitality or just the looks but this already feels more welcoming than Canterlot.”

"Tourist towns tend to be friendly enough. We're a little extra in this area, since we're dealing with a lot of creatures, several times a year. It's a little different where the breezies live though. They tend to be more timid, and well, if they're not being accompanied by one of the family, they tend to shy away from them. One of the reason why they don't host any of these gatherings, though a fair few of them likes to come around and partake. Even heard rumors that Glitter Moth considered showing up this year."

"Heh... Heh... The same rumor every year. Doesn't mean she'll actually show up."

"Yeah well, the other years didn't have a breezie focused part of Cheshire's act. This have got to lure her in."

"Been other things happening, that still didn't work. Like I say every year: We have a bigger chance of seeing Soul Prison, than Glitter Moth."

At the mention of Soul Prison, Abacus turned her head and looked at them, with a strange, seemingly hopeful look in her eyes.

"Come on, you know not to mention his name around Abacus. You know how disappointed she gets when she doesn't see him."

Banshee would reach a hoof out, and scratch the wyvern gently behind her ears, whilst a sad coo, left the large, ethereal creature.

"We're sorry beautiful, but he isn't here. He's still... Busy."

Banshee seemed to say this with a smile, yet there were a certain sadness to it, which Abacus were well able to catch up on, as she seemed a little less lively, and more down currently, after what had just circulated.

"We should start flying back. Abacus needs to be rested before the tourists pop in anyway."

"Don't worry, I can show them the last things once we hit the ground again. And I'm sorry, for bringing him up. I forgot for a moment."

Abacus would begin to fly back to where they had taken off from, whilst Banshee talked softy to her, and Tomb took over the rest of the conversation.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:54 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hey, uh, I’ve heard about these things that capture moments in time into pictures. Would you happen to know what those are called? And do carnivals have those kinds of things?”

"Sorry about that. I'll try and explain things later, when Abacus can't hear us.

And what you're asking about, is called a camera. We have a few stands that's being set up, that have those. Which one you'd want to go for, depends on whatever or not you want a clean photo, one with a fun frame, or the classic, where you put your head into a cardboard cutout, to make yourself look like your face is on another creature. Like a lion, or cerberus. That last one's popular with groups. Tends to get a kick out of them."

If Sen and Lin wondered why omen did not ask questions during this, they would be able to see that Rosa where whispering to her, trying to explain why this were not a good time to ask questions, and to keep a little bit of patience. Also, to only reply with a nod if she understood it, and not talk. He would prefer her whispering, all encompassing voice, did not interrupt them.

As for Shrimp, he would slither forth and get to the edge of the harness, before trying to give some concerned chirps to Abacus, in his way of trying to understand why his new friend looked sad. Unless Lin stopped him from moving forth, in which case he'd squirm a bit to get out of her grip, but if that didn't get him anywhere either, he'd give off the same chirps, just a little louder. He wouldn't bite Lin to get loose.

@Windy Breeze 🥧

On 7/3/2020 at 3:16 PM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

“W-What!?” she glanced at Sorrow “Was the Wonderbolt telling the truth!?” Windy rolled her eyes.

Sorrow nodded, relieved to see that Wine at least were safe and sound now.

"It can sometimes happen, when you get exposed to ectoplasm. I have never personally seen it this potent though, where even the possessed spew it off. And the things she made you and the others shout... I don't think there's any doubt anymore. Her husband did something bad, and it seems to have involved the missing foals. And she probably ended up dead because of it too.

I don't want to think the worst normally, but this here is already very bad, so... *deep breath* I think he kidnapped the foals, she figured it out, and he killed her. Or she went into an accident when she tried to get away from him in a storm. It's really hard to tell right now unless she tells us, and she's way too furious to listen. And too strong for me, or Legion, to stop. Well... Sort of. When grandma gave me Legion back in the day, she said that if worst came to worst, I should throw them at a soul that wouldn't listen to reason. I dunno what will happen, but she did not look happy when she said it, and I've never tried.

I'd really, Really prefer that we tried to get out of this place instead, so I can pick up backup from the strong members of my family. Grandma could probably solve this, and if not her, Banshee could at least help us clear a way to her. Tomb, Grave Robber, Worm Fodder- You name it. Most of them are stronger than me. Some of the foals too, like... Like Mourners Puppet"

The last one made her shiver some. No doubt that she could sort all of this, but her distant cousin were a filly that were best kept far away from any living creature. Only one she weren't a threat towards, were Mr. Sherwood. The minotaur that tended to her, ever since her mother ran away from Puppet, whilst screaming to *keep the demon filly away from her*. A bit harsh, but anypony who had ever known her, were very sympathetic to her mother, after as little as ten seconds near her. How Mr. Sherwood were not in danger, were beyond her, but someone he were able to keep her on a sort of *leash* if you will, and hope were that he would have taught her how to be a proper, responsible mare before the day came when he eventually died. That is, if she allowed him to ever move on. Something told her that the answer to that were no.

"Anyway, can we please try and get to safety? I think there's enough syrup left for five, maybe six ponies more, but there's not enough here to free everypony we saw out there. Sadly. We could maybe, if we got a big bunch of it elsewhere, but unless there's more in town, we need to get out. And outside is safer right now, until somepony better can come here and solve this. This situation is getting way beyond me."

@Blitz Boom

“A camera? That’s good to know. It’s amazing how much I still don’t know about these things. And, it’s common by the way you described them. If I told the longma back home about this, they’d call me crazy! No way they’d believe something could capture a moment in time as an image.” 

“They already have a hard time believing anyone is doing better outside the forest. If they learned about the ivory towers of Canterlot or the bright lights illuminating the evenings in Manehattan, they’d think we’d been hit in the head. Those things may be fantasies but they’re definitely all too real.”

“Well, maybe they’re more inclined to believe the Moonlit Thicket is more real than Canterlot, anyway.”

The siblings chuckled as they looked around some more. They were right about the thicket being more familiar to the longma. If what they got back home could resemble this place, they’d probably already do it. Tree house were a thing, after all. Tall trees, a little bit of courage, and a lot of building materials… Those might just make the forest a little bit more interesting. The longma wouldn’t want to do it because it would seem wasteful. A reasonable stance, but staying isolated took away from the chance to see the world beyond the forest. 

Lin caught a glimpse of Shrimp climbing up to the front and chirping at Abacus. Although she wouldn’t stop her little friend from having a conversation, she was worried about his safety. She would lean forward to grab hold of the refraction but she’d only do so to keep him in place. In a sense, her claws would act as a harness to keep him from falling off. 

Be careful, Shrimp. I’d don’t want you to fall off.

“So, uh, what usually goes on in the Moonlit Thicket when there’s no carnival?” Sen spoke up, attempting to move the conversation to a different direction. He may not know about the sensitive topic but he picked up on the awkwardness and hoped his effort could ease Banshee and Tomb on something else for a while. 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just gave a dismissive shrug to Leviathan's comment about magic, she didn't see the need to remind her that their magic worked differently, not that Leviathan was necessarily wrong, the young male may have some natural talent in magic, it wasn't impossible, after all, Ruby herself had a extra sense that others lacked, which was lot more unlikely to happen. It would be quite interesting if he had though, because assuming they were same blood, it would mean there was something special about their bloodline.

She didn't have anything to say, so Leviathan would be free to go, and when she returned, she would find Ruby outside the cave. "He's starting to wake up, but he's weak, so I don't know how long he will stay awake." the small dragon was inside the cave, he was standing, but he was shaking quite a lot and clearly wasn't sure where he was "I left him alone so he won't pass out from fear." he didn't seem to notice Ruby and Leviathan at first, but when the smell of fish reached the cave, he turned towards them, and froze, causing the cave to get filled with the smell of fear as he stared at Ruby in horror.

If Leviathan was to address the small dragon, she would get ignored, in fact, only way she would be able to get his attention was to either touch him or block his view from Ruby, in which case the dragon would jump back and let out a scared growl. Regardless of if he was left alone or if Leviathan got his attention, his legs would give away in a minute or so, he stayed awake, but he was clearly too tired to even stand. When in the ground, he would start repeating something in the same language that Ruby used when muttering her spells, and after few seconds of that Ruby spoke "He's begging for mercy." before saying something to the small dragon in her usual cold tone that made him silent. 

If Leviathan was to look at Ruby, she would be able to see that Ruby pitied the small male, it was the kind of pity you felt towards someone you saw as weak and pathetic, but it was something, coming from her. 

-------------------------------------
"Funnily enough, I'm not actually worried you would." Nada admitted, she either didn't notice or ignored the accidental insult that almost came out "Because, well, most of those I've met since I left the lake either know about the sisters in the worst form or are animals." Lyriel and that one colt were exceptions but Lyriel understood to not judge the whole species and the colt was...well a colt, he thought he saw a mermaid. "So even if something similar happened again, they probably won't get taken over by fear like ponies were back then." 

----------------------
Scarecrow waited patiently for Lyriel to be ready, getting her connection back was far above his own goals, and he would make sure it happened regardless of the cost to him, because ultimately when it came to two of them, Lyriel was lot more important for this place than he was.

"No, it really did happen, though I'd argue it's not the weirdest thing we have seen today." maybe it was because he had seen all kinds of weird monstrosity during his current existence, but in his opinion Anomaly's head growing legs and picking up a pony was weirder than this "And I have a feeling it's not the weirdest thing we will see." 

@Lazy Ferret @Blitz Boom

Azure smiles at Thunder, as she speaks. "I just thought it would be nice to, you know, feel your soft, fluffy chest fluff on my body. And yeah, blinkers, blindsiders, whichever suits you, I prefer to call them blinkers." She laughs softly at the small joke made by Thunder. "Yeahhh, I can see that she only wants the strongest ponies she can find, to assign as guards, and to remove the ones who aren't really as strong for other tasks."

She then turns to Shell to respond to her replies.

"Well, I may be referring to them, I don't really know, I just heard word that they were yelling at their recruits there. Maybe what I heard from others might not be true. But,  from what you said, General Screecher does sounds like a pretty tough pony that would know how to deal with her recruits. General Dew, on the other hoof, sounds like a pretty calm stallion, from what you said. Maybe with a small temper, I bet, but still probably better than General Screecher. And, I do hope nothing bad happened to the new general who was gonna take his place. Seems weird for an event."

"So, uh, about that pun thing Sergeant Kelp did, that might've been a bit painful, for you, I don't know. She's a bit cunning herself, yeah?"

(Sorry I took so long to reply to your comments. I was really busy over stuff over the past months, especially with this virus thing going on.)

@Azure Acrylic @Blitz Boom (No problem Azure)

Thunder would chuckle a little and nod "Well i do like to keep my fur, mane and tail well kept" he would say, as he'd gently pet Azure "Mind you, with two beautiful girls here, i may not need them to keep concentrated" he chuckles a little "Though it does depend on how these two women feel about me" he'd say, gently closing his eyes "ah well, I am sure things will come to." he then laughs a little about the pun "you could say that"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Windy nodded, however they heard Quill shout hysterically as stood up and ran.

“I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. RHAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!”

“Quill!” before everyone could stop her. She open the door and ran away, screaming and yelling. Windy let out a Gasp “Oh no, Quill!”

“W-Where's my husband?” Wine shakingly asked as she looked around, her eyes small as pinpricks “Where is Sandy!? I WANT TO SEE MY HUSBAND!”

“Wine, Calm down” Windy said calmly as she approach the earth pony, now hysterical as the unicorn mare, Quill Rhyme. However, Wine pushed her away. 

“I WANT TO SEE MY HUSBAND!” She screamed at Windy's face like a madmare before she turn tail and went out of the house as well, leaving only Sorrow and Windy inside. It happened fast for the two mares. Wine was calm at first but she suddenly went up and panicked like Quill.

Windy glanced at Sorrow “I think have to get to Autumn as quick as possible! Everypony has gone mad!” 

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧