Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Windy Breeze đŸ„§

On 7/26/2020 at 1:18 AM, Windy Breeze đŸ„§ said:

“I understand”

Sorrow would reach over and run a hoof gently down Windy's face, whilst looking at the waiter with a smile.

"He does his best, even on the days when I can be a little difficult."

She'd send a small glance to the side, seeing the last bit of Razor leaving the table for some reason, but refocused back on the waiter, and hoped that Windy would keep track of all of this. She probably had a better viewing angle, and now, perhaps an excuse to go and deal with this, now that it seemed the memory had them placed as a couple, where the mare (Sorrow right now) were pregnant.

If the waiter left, she'd turn to Windy, and let out a small, shaky sigh.

"That seemed close. But I think I might have an idea? Maybe we can play this along, and pretend like you're worried that the soup might have something in it that's not good for my health right now, due to the whole *pregnant thing*, and you're just wanting to ask the chef more directly about it? Though it might put too much focus on us both in this memory. What do you think? It'd be a big risk, and I'm not sure if it would work. Honestly, if you have any idea that sounds right now, I'd be happy to hear it."

================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“So
 uh, is this stuff easily breakable or is it alright to wear these things right now? I mean, I know you said these are all needed for the game but maybe I should take care of this equipment.”

"Yo definitely should be careful with it, but it's pretty sturdy. Have some good, cured leather straps there, and the magic that keeps it all working, don't go off that easily. I also make sure to keep it properly sealed up and clean when there's not an event going, and the enhancements are reapplies every six months as a precaution, even though they could last a year.

This is my primary form of business after all. Can't have things going badly here, or equipment breaking halfway through a fight. That would give a lot of bad reputation, and I'm not having that."

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Rosa? Omen? This pegasus looks familiar to you, right? It’s Brick. He looks a little happier here, or happier than usual. Maybe when he was younger?” 

Whilst the mare explained things, Rosa and Omen would wander over to look at the picture in question. Rosa studied it, whilst Omen went over ans sniffed it, trying to find some sorta trace, but finding nothing else, than the vague smell of the owner of this place. She had likely polished them, not too many days ago.

"Yes, I do think that is undeniably him. A strange place to find him, I would say. If I were to guess, this would be him... 2-4 years ago? It does not appear that he is much younger than now, and yet it can be hard to tell with him. Not like one can judge him by the wrinkles around his smile."

He were jesting, but it did appear as if they'd get answers soon, as the owner of this place came around, and note how they were both talking, and looking at, Brick.

"You know Brick Wall? Must mean you have been in that fancy shop in Canterlot, right? He barely goes anywhere that his boss isn't, though he have come around here for every carnival, seven years running now. This picture is from three years ago, when he managed to win the tournament for the first time."

"What tournament, if we may ask?"

"Sure you may. This place is open around seven times a year, for the varied carnivals and such, and every years when creatures come in here, their points get scored up. There's some factors like the skill of their team to take into consideration, just to weed out those trying to hoard points by inviting some weak players, and a bunch of other things. Then once a year, I tally up, and pick the five best players, who then gets invited to the grand tournament in September, before I have to shut down for the year, due to snow and the bushes losing too many leaves. It lasts for a full hour, rather than fifteen minutes, and at the end, the points are tallied up.

Winner of every year, gets their photo hung up on the Wall of Fame, as well as a large gift basket of varied local goods, that adds up to quite a nice sum. It's a pretty big event in the area, and we do have a lot who comes in to watch how the points go. I rent some video equipment when the day happens, so that everypony can see what goes on during it too, which really gets a crowd hyped up.

Brick is a solid fighter in this, and he's usually the second, though he won that year. Never seen him happier honestly, but not like he's a ray of sunshine or anything.

His biggest competitor though, and our reigning champion, is MĂŒnrath here. Son of the infamous *hunter* Ludvig. Though thankfully, a far better example of his kind than that rotten monster. A real nice guy too. Usually stays around after the tournament, and helps me clean up the place."

"...The Hide Hunter's son frequents this? I must admit, that I did not see that coming."

"Yeah, color me surprised to. A lot of tension in the early years when he got here, but folks have started to trust him, and like him a fair bit too. Don't let the pictures fool you, it's just a show for the camera. He really is a nice minotaur.

Also, that right there, is the frequent third or fourth place competitor, though she did win one year, due to MĂŒnrath and Brick being too focused on one another. I still have no idea how a mare that timid can have such an insane change of personality, once she gets let in the maze."

============================================================================

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

Stargazer were about to say something, when there were an object suddenly being slung towards them that got his attention, and he pushed all three of them back, before jumping back. Just in time before a large, dark-green glob of slime hit their location. Had he not pushed them all away, this would have engulfed the fillies and Slimpsy, provided that the latter had not moved out of the way himself. If he had, and taken the fillies with him, Stargazer would have simply moved out of the way himself.

Looking the way where the projectile had come from, they'd see a flock of panicked ponies suddenly rushing away from... What the hay were that?!

It looked like a humanoid amphibian. Possibly a frog-like creature, judging by it's face and the long tongue it were licking its own mouth with, yet it were clearly not a harmless little pond dweller. This one had a row of serrated sharp teeth, lining a mouth big enough to gobble up a regular pony whole, were towering above the equines running from it, and it's scaled, slimy hide, didn't do much to hide that this were a rather limber, yet muscular creature. And sadly befitting that, were the fact that it moved fast. As were evident when somepony tried to sling a cart towards it, to give his neighbors and friends some time to escape, and it just jumped up on the roof as it got near, barely touched it, and used it as a springform to reach up on one of the buildings, where it's feet would almost go through the roofing. Seemed like Last Stand's insistence on reinforcing the roofs on some of the collapsed buildings after the last attack, had been effective.

It's bulbous, slit eyes looked around, focusing on the one who had sent the cart after it, and harked up another blob of goo, which only didn't hit the pony because he hid behind the wall. Judging by the way the wall creaked, getting hit by this substance were likely a real bad idea, as it seemed to have some weight, and possibly poisonous qualities, to it.

"D-Daddy? What's that thing?"

Jelly had stopped her tickle attack, and looked up at the monster worried, then rightfully terrified, as the creature directed its gaze directly at her, and a cruel, sadistic smile spread on its face.

"My problem. Slimpsy, get them to safety. Now!"

He would command the pony if he had to, if he hadn't left already, at which point at least Jelly would have likely still been stuck in his wing. If he hadn't, and she were still there, Stargazer would instead command her and Pastel to run for dear life, and get back home to the station.

He himself would prepare a battle stance, thinking on how best to deal with this threat, before it went into a loud, croaking laughter at the effort. And then... All Tartarus broke loose.

It would lean forward, hands around it's neck, and tighten some specific muscles in its back, which caused something to pop out of its back, and fire down to the ground with a splat. Dozens upon dozens of these in fact, that went out of some holes that had been impossible to see on its back from this angle.

The blobs themselves hit nopony, except for one mare who hadn't been quick enough to move, and ended up on her back, with the blob on her stomach. She looked horrified on as it moved, and a pair of slimy arms broke the flimsy goo shell it had been packed in, to reveal a smaller version of the attacking monster. A child of itself potentially, but the mare focused not on that, as much as the fact that it seemed to carry the same evil glance in its eyes, a row of sharp teeth, and glanced at her hungrily. It would lounge forward and try to bite her, but Stargazer just managed to get over and punt the creature away. Just in time to see all the other globs hatch and the small ones looking around, croaking lowly. Until the original monster let out one, enormous croak, that made several of the nearby walls tremble. At which point, the smaller monsters would spread out, and start to attack Ponyville in all different directions.

They were rapidly growing, at about a centimeter per minute, and would top out at a meter and a half in size, from their current half meter stature, before their *maturity* stage had completed. And what were worse? As could be seen on the monsters back, moving ever so slightly, there were more to come. Ponyville were once more under siege. And one of them were deliberately chasing Jelly and Pastel, with another going after Slimpsy. Two if they were grouped up.

And Stargazer could only stand there helplessly, doing his to try and get others away, and praying that Slimpsy would do what he had done once already, and save his daughter. If not him, then he could only hope that he had taught Jelly good enough.

=====================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

"Misfortune does have a habit of arriving at Ponyville. I always assume it had something to do with the bearers of harmony being here, as the stories of monsters and other such things, were rather scarce before that happened. Not unheard of, of course. The Everfree Forest holds a fair bit of fascinating, and at times deadly, creatures. At times, such creatures do come around, but it have increased substantially in recent years.

Regardless, I wouldn't worry to much dearie. A minor amount of property damage is nothing unheard of here, and I don't believe they will hold that against you. That being said, I do agree that it might be best if we soon find where your close relatives might be, that you can plan your follow-up steps, as well as ease your mind some. I for one would feel dreadful, were I not aware of where my darling sister were, in a time of crisis."

Or at any other point really, but that were what informants, scrying spells, and tracking enhancements were for. Call her paranoid, but one in her position on the black market, did best in not leaving an obvious weakness - such as a little sister - open for being taken advance of, and with no scrutiny. It would harm Stare, and expose her to a side of Scarcity's life that she did her best to keep at leg's length, though she were aware that her sister suspected something. Stare were no fool after all, just somewhat... Limited in scale, when it came to her ideas of what might be possible, and with some more defined morales than Scarcity herself had.

For the time being, she had handled the potentially security risk, by upping the measures around her sister's protection, as well as managed to make comprehensive deals with anypony of note or value in her scene of life, to ensure that they were either on a wavelength with her, regarding her displeasure and instantaneous halting of any work with or for, anypony who dared to try and use Stare against her, as well as making sure that up and comers who looked to make a name for themselves, rightfully feared her wrath, if they tried to do something. It were not possible to cover every potential issue with deals of course, but that is what the protective means were for. It made for a far larger, percentage chance of success. Not a guaranteed one though. Sadly, nothing could be 100% guaranteed, and anypony who thought that weren't the case, were laughably ignorant, in her opinion. There were always a path, even if it seemed unlikely.

"Kluge Town does start to sound somewhat familiar though, in the way you speak of it... Might I ask some more details of the place? I may have simply heard of it under a different name."

23 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"Yeah. Big Brothers say that sometimes ponies want to take things from you. That sometimes they wanna pick a fight with you to make their name or take from you what you can't get back. But we've never really kept much gold or stuff around in our hoard. Usually books and plushies."

Something that you can't get back? Considering Shortstack's idea that any stallion wanted to take advantage of his sister, Chop could pretty easily see where this were going. Sunny didn't appear to know, which just spoke further to her innocent, or potentially great ignorance of what darkness and bad creatures were out there, bit Chop were starting to see how this worked.

Sunny were naive, and easy enough to take advantage of, if you knew how to talk with her it seemed. Shortstack in turn, were paranoid, short tempered and overprotective, so he didn't think on whatever pr not only some were like that, but rather went under the assumption that everypony were. So he'd keep others away from Sunny, which made it harder for the mare to keep friends, and in turn, likely caused at least a fair chunk of the varied fights that the shrimp got into. he did strike the former guard, as the sort who'd launch hoof first after somepony, for giving his sister as much as a wink.

Messy family dynamic right there. Made him somewhat happy that he didn't have any, far as he knew of anyway. His father had been open about having a few crazy years in his youth, so everything were possible he supposed, but that was a hypothetical he wouldn't waste any time sorting in his head right now.

"When you don't have much, you get attached to what little's there."

Little weren't the right word when it came to Sunny, but that was another topic entirely. And not even an important one.

"Course they won't! I'll maul 'em before they take a shot at us! Dirty skulled stallions thinkin' they can take advantage of a big mare just because she's a bit sh-... smal-.... not good with knowin' things! Think they can take her home and brag about baggin' a mare to their buds! 

If it ain't a fight, then it's gonna be one, I always say! Better'n hurt someone before they hurt you!"

"Hmph, I get where you're coming from now. But you're still missing the point. If you keep everypony away from her, what's gonna happen to her, if any of you gets hurt, or leave for your own lives? She won't have a network, no experience with others... She'll be the easiest pony to take advantage of then. Ever thought about maybe giving somepony a chance, and just keeping a close eye o-"

The door would suddenly barge open, and two of the little frog-like creature's would launch forward, maws wide open, and tongues beginning to reach forward to get a better grip in their prey. Which considering the tongues seemed to have small barbs, would likely be rather solid.

One would aim at Shortstack - specifically his head - thinking him an easy meal, whilst the other would go for Stare. The second one mentioned wouldn't get a chance though, as Chop would hold a hoof in the way, causing the tongue to get a grip on him, and when the creature got closer, would hammer it right in the face with his other hoof, so that it flew right out of the door again. It also left him with some ripped skin from where the tongue had been, but he didn't care much. Didn't bleed, and the itching were nothing compared to what he had felt the first few months after he woke up after the shark attack. This were far easier to ignore.

==========================================================================

@Widdershins

"Nah, I don't have magic. I got intuition, and otherwise, the patron in question saying what sort they'd like. Sounds like you wanna be surprised though, huh? You seem to me like you'd enjoy a good, strong blend, that'd knock out some of the weaker stomachs, but with a nice, rounded aftertaste. I think I got just what you need. But we can work on the coffee first."

She'd stick her tongue out at him as she said this half tease, half flirt. Again, this guy were talking mighty funny, but she were relatively sure she got what he were on about. Mainly that he gave her a weird title, asked if it were the time, if she had suggestions, and seemingly, if she had magic that told her what sort the customer wanted. Which for the record, if she had, she would own her own place, not work in one. She'd be rich if she could just look at somepony and instantly know exactly what they needed.

That being said, she did have some barista intuition to work with, and would go on that unless told otherwise. Might be that she saw Monolith one way, but he could well be entirely different. Though she didn't think he'd go for a pure sugary mix like Flit. They seemed to be very different.

As such, she'd start up on her Volcano Tribute. A drink that started off with a rough patch of dark coffee, and a good helping of chili-like heat, which would cut off in your muzzle before it would go the full chili route, and blend into a soothing mixture of exotic fruits. Mango, pineapple, that sorta thing. Getting the fruits themselves to Ponyville were a pain, but the taste? There were some fine powders for that, which worked perfectly well, and weren't as bad to get a hold of.

"Just gimme a few minutes to brew it, and you'll see what I can do. And just drink it right from the cup when it is. It ain't a high society tea party this thing, thankfully. Nobles can be such a bunch of annoying snobs. And their brats are even worse. You got no idea how rude they can be. But anyway, working on your coffee now."

"My now! Ain't ya just a skilled, suave stallion! I bet you got all sorts of mates lined up to spend time witcha, eh? Someone put togetha as well as you, bet you could do alot, if ya had the urge to!

Aye, its a shame to anypony that don't has their eyes on you! I'm a pony that knows a pony who knows how to put on a show an' yeh keep that show goin', mate! Don' let a mare down, ya keep at 'er! That's what mares love, persistence! Mares just LOVE grand gestures!" 

"A gentlecolt doesn't simply take, he offers. And one day, a mare will arrive whom sees what Alonsus can offer, and wholeheartedly accepts his the entire package."

His ego were being given a polishing here, which made Alonsus flaunt somewhat, as he flexed the ell toned muscles in his body, whilst flicking his hair backwards again. As he said, he didn't go around and simply tried to be pushy on mares, regarding any sort of potential future, though he did inquire at times if particular ones might have interest, if he noticed their gaze settling on him long enough. So far that have not gotten him far, but it were still better than the days when he had been a thug.

Back in those days, he had been told that it were best if he tried being rather pushy, and had attempted that one. It took him one time towering above a mare, pressed up against a wall, and seeing her fearful eyes tear up as she looked up at him, before he gave that up. Scaring some other thugs, guards, or a few who hadn't paid their protection money yet, were one thing. But trying to be imposing and scare a mare into being with him, made him feel the weakest he had ever been, and that the others had called him out for being weak, and that he should try again, and just stop listening to himself, had been one of the factors that made it easy for him to go to the guards, and surrender himself, before turning on the lot of his former companions. There had just been too many things that made him start to feel like a disgusting tool eventually, with this being one of them. Even if at least in this case, he had barely started anything. And thank Celestia for that. He weren't sure he could've lived with himself otherwise.

But those were dark thoughts best left in the past, and never addressed, unless it were with his parole officer, or in case he got called in to another meeting at the courthouse in Canterlot.

"Of course, one must also be vigilant and persistent, but there is a limit to how much force one can provide. Why, just imagine if somepony attempted to forcefully go on you. How would such a thing make you feel?"

They would have a chance to have that answered soon, as in an almost comedic fashion, one of the growing frog-like offspring, would roll in the door, and launch a glob of dark-green, swampy ooze towards Flit, before crawling rapidly beneath the tables towards him, and then launch its tongue, aiming to get stuck around his neck, so that he couldn't escape. Dinner shouldn't be able to run off like that.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"I take it this is for the scrolls?" Karmic asked Enzo as she grabbed the cloth bag with her hoof and looked within it. "Or did you do something else to this?"

"I don't know what the things was, but it rubbed me the wrong way and I'd much rather be out there than stuck in here with it," Atzy mumbled with a violent shiver and looked from where the shadow disappeared and over to the balcony.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Whatever is happening is at the heart of this forest," Twilight muttered as she looked at each of the taken creatures with sadness but a determined expression. She knew Last didn't care for working with her enemy but at the moment, no one had a choice but to fight together. Or that would be the case if she hadn't spotted a clearing up ahead that didn't have any trees within it. "If I can get us from clearing to clearing, we should be able to get out of this," she told them. "Cherish, you may want to prepare yourself," she warned as she lit up her horn in a bright purple light. There was a white flash and the Manetid, Last, Cherish, and herself all got teleported down the way into the clearing she had spotted. Looking even further ahead, she grinned and teleported them again and again, hopping through the many clearings in the forest that appeared to permeate its structure, acting like holes they could dip and jump out of. Her stamina and endurance did run short before she could hop them to the last clearing where a tower could be seen through the trees. "I ... I can do this once more. Just ... just need a breath. I don't ... don't think we lost anyone but ... I don't hear anything from whatever those creatures are."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Those boars look happy," Aurora smiled, largely ignoring Happy. She purely thought of his babble as him having drunk too much of his own 'happy juice' and shook her head a small. She did hear running hooves along with a what sounded like a large boulder coming from their left. She turned her head and her eyes widened before taking flight to hover within the treetops. "What the heck is happening here!?"

@Blitz Boom, @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"These aren't normal," Dazzle said cautiously as she eyed the frog-like creature still standing. She flicked her gaze between the frog and Shortstack and inwardly groaned at the possibility of actually saving him. The kind of frogs she  was used to dealing with staying in Boggy Bottom Swamp and like to stay within the murky depths. Maybe some yelling would work? "Oi Froggy, I'm talking to you! That pony you're eyeing up tastes like spoiled meat and rotten wood! Come and get me instead!" Or maybe some taunting, throw that in too as well.

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Fighting ... banging ... sounds pretty much the same to me," Dawn hummed in thought, swaying her head from side to side as she weighed up the words in her mind. A sentence he spoke did resonate with her, bringing her outo f them. "A wanted man? This is the first I've heard of it. Please do tell more," she gasped dramatically. Maybe that was a bit much but she was interested in why he was on the run. Or maybe this was a ruse? Something to get her to sympathise with him? "Scaring travelling merchants sounds fun but I at least know it's against the law."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

“Is that so? Well, then, I should go to the other customers and find out what they want to order” at last, the waitress left. Windy finally blushed that her cheeks turn blood red. So in this memory, she is took the role of a stallion named Agile.

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Thatï»żï»ż seemed close. But I think I might have an idea? Maybe we can play this along, and pretend like you're worried that the soup might have something in it that's not good for my health right now, due to the whole *pregnant thing*, and ï»żyou're just wanting to ask the chef more directly about it? Though it might put too much focus on us both in this memory. What do you think? It'd be a big risk, and I'm not sure if it would work. Honestly, if you have any idea that sounds right now, I'd beï»ż ï»żhappy to hear it."

“I think we should worry about that later. Razor is being led to the kitchen by one of the staffs of the restaurant” she told Sorrow just as Razor closed the door that led to the kitchen “It could be important” 

Edited by Windy Breeze đŸ„§

@Blitz Boom
"It was peaceful, felt weird to be honest, I'm used to someone or something trying to attack me constantly." Ruby answered in her usual tone, though her response was bit delayed showing that she had broken out from deep thought "Good that he trust at least one of us, and probably better it's the one who doesn't turn into a pony." she kept her eyes on her brother "He will probably never believe I'm friendly, but I'll try to prove to him that I have no interest to hurt him."  she then paused for a moment and looked at Leviathan with expression that told that she knew, or at least thought she knew what Leviathan was thinking "And yes, I'm saying we keep him, but don't think it means I care about him, I just want to go against my mother as much as possible, even if that includes taking care of her offspring." she looked back towards the male "And it's not like I'll be getting my own in any time soon." 

As the conversation went on, the runt stopped the back and worth with his glance and focused fully on Ruby, scanning her with his eyes to form an opinion on how dangerous she was to him, she looked like his mother, there was no question about it, the shade of red was bit different but otherwise they were almost identical, but something about her felt different when compared to his mother, but he couldn't really tell what it was, possibly due to the fear and tiredness, as they made it hard to focus enough. He would probably find out if Ruby wanted to kill him soon though, because he could feel fatigue creeping up again, and he would probably be out cold again soon enough, sure he had gotten food, but he had still flown a quite a distance that was enough to tire out even someone of Ruby's size, and right after that he had ended up in water fighting to stay above surface, so his small body was quite worn out.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"I'd need a bigger kitchen before I can even dream about baking myself." and bigger tools, though she couldn't really add much before Fah'lina appeared. 

Nada let Fah'lina finish before showing any special reaction, but after she was done, Nada would give her a kind smile and a gentle pat on the head "Apology accepted from my part." her tone was friendly but it had certain sternness to it to indicate he wouldn't forget everything immediately just because someone said sorry, she would need to see they really meant it, and that was shown by not doing it again. She would wait for a moment for Agni's reaction, making effort to not look like she was expecting him to act certain way, but she would show she was glad if Agni too accepted the apology. 

After the moment, regardless of what Agni did, she would speak again with neutral tone "Now that you both are here, I want to make this clear, I personally won't be trying to force you to like each other, it's not any of my business, but I expect both of you to behave when inside houses and such, because I'm sure nobody form us wants to anger or disappoint someone else by burning or destroying things belonging to them." "You are free to do whatever you want outside, I will of course try to break it up if I see you fighting, as I don't want to see either of you to get hurt, but you're both creatures of nature, and it would be foolish from me to try to stop what happens in nature." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrow couldn't tell that what was pulling him down was bubblegum, as he had either never seen bubblegum, or had forgotten it existed, and the smell wouldn't really help him to tell it was anything else than green goo since he had no sense of smell. He seemed unfazed about it, but then again, he couldn't really seem fazed about anything.

He obviously would try to use the new found disadvantage as advantage when he felt the pull, and assuming it worked, he would start thinking and then share what he was thinking with Lyriel, while she was still dancing "I wonder if the trees are affected too, because if they are, I could use this time to get the branches since I can resist it." "We need to see how long this lasts first, but if everything else fails, we could just feed the bird-thing to make the trees dance and then I can get the branches." he knew he repeated himself a bit there, but these were shared thoughts, not well thought out plans. 

If it didn't work, he would just mutter something that included "..of course.." assuming of course one could talk while influenced by the 'bird's' 'feeding-music', honestly this 'price' was staring to seem more of a curse than a gift, since it would need to be quite obedient for it to not cause more trouble than a simple disguise is worth considering Scarecrow dealt with already terrified and sometimes exhausted ponies.

-----------------------------------------------
@Widdershins
"I'm honestly surprised it was just a normal bomb." Cerberus said "Though why does it only destroy rock? I'm pretty sure explosions destroy pretty much anything, expect meter by meter blocks of certain material....why do I know that?" "But sure, let's go, though can you hear arguing in the distance, this is the second time I heard something."  he would follow the light again.

@Blitz Boom

“The way you described the tournament makes it sound much more fun than the game itself. Maybe I might not see myself competing but I’d like to watch a game some time. Does it get intense? Were there any close matches?”

“Sounds like your game attracts some interesting personalities. I think my brother’s getting excited about it, and compared to the improvised games we were used to back home, this could probably be a full-fledged spectator sport. Maybe not in the levels like buck-ball but you’ve already got an audience!”

It was no secret that buck-ball has a large following owing to its popularity. Perhaps it isn’t the topic that leaves the mouths of ponies in Canterlot society but elsewhere, it’s got its fans who could speak about it all day. Frankly, Lin finds the idea rather curious; talking about one topic and all of its aspects sounded tiring but ponies could find themselves in an endless number of conversations when the sport gets brought up. 

Sen, in the meantime, found himself fiddling with the equipment yet again, this time attempting to wear them. Although the leather straps suggested they’d be wrapped around his limbs, he was trying and failing to get his claw through the hole before putting the device down.

“Uh, do these come in only one size? Or am I doing something wrong?  I’m doing something wrong, aren’t I?”

In the background, Lin found herself trying to stifle a laugh as her brother was messing around with the strap. He eventually caught her but as much as he tried to get her to stop, she wasn’t having any of it. Clearly, this amused her more than she cared to admit. 

@Sekel

"I intended this for Atzy, as her desire for what is presented seems not to have waned. For you, I would find this more suitable."

With little more than a thought, Enzo would summon more cloth, which would wrap securely - though not too tightly - around Karmic's torso, before a bag folded to her right side, wherein she could put what she desired. If she cared to inspect, she'd find that the varied straps of parchment that had made this, were rather smooth, and inscribed with varied hieroglyphs. It seemed to be made of some low grade silk variant, with an emphasis on sturdiness. A common thing to write on in the Sphinx's capitol, as it were easy to summon for them, and functioned well as embalming straps, if need be.

Usually Enzo would not add hieroglyphs, nor one that represented himself in a regal fashion, on the side of the bag as the main attraction, but he assumed it would highlight better who she wandered with.

"And as Atzy says, beware the shadows. It may still wander somewhere, so do not walk any path alone, if it can be helped. Until we meet again."

With that, he'd wander to the balcony, and spready his wings, catching the attention of quite a bit of pegasi flying in the area. Hmph, let them gawk if they wanted. He belonged here now, and his stance and demeanor clearly spoke of it.

As for Karmic, she'd find that a few eyes went on her if she walked down the halls, but she weren't questioned. Golden might have let a word slide around that they had visitors.

She might also find that she would get lost without asking somepony, so it might be wise to approach a guard eventually, or wander on her own and see what happened.

@Sekel

Last looked panicked as they were ported away. Not because of the action itself, but rather because she noted after the second jump that her mother were not with them.

Once the princess had to halt for a break, she'd look around, trying to find out where they had come from, and were almost taking a step in that direction, when the manetid's bladed arm got in her way.

"Krtxxht. You can't save her, Shrine Maiden. She's one of the horrors now."

"I'm not leaving her like that. She deserves better than this."

"Krhrrxk. Then get out of here, and come back with enough power to level the forest. You wander in alone, and you'll only end up as her, or my squad."

Whilst they bickered, Cherish barfed up some ectoplasm, still feeling rather ill from rapid teleports like this. Though there'd soon be reason to worry of something else instead, as the forest answered the question *why are there clearings in this place?*. Namely, by the ground suddenly erupting, and a bunch of thin, pale tendrils reached up, seeking to engulf the weary travellers who thought there were anything resembling safe spots, within this place.

In actuality, they were traps, where the more stationary fungus variant hid, and awaited prey. Not something that arrived often, but the fungi got fed by other means, so this were more for the sake of gaining new, indoctrinated subjects.

Both the manetid and Last, would work on repelling and cutting them down, whilst Cherish did her best to use her abilities to push them away from trying to engulf them both, and keep the princess safe. They did well, but they had to get out of here, and quickly. Otherwise, they might never get to leave. Like all the other sad souls they had encountered thus far.

@Windy Breeze đŸ„§

"Okay. So uhm..."

Sorrow cleared her throat, and spoke a little more clearly, so that others nearby might hear it. Not shouting though. That would be too far, more than likely.

"Honey? Do you think you could ask the chef if there's lemon in this? I forgot to do so before the waiter left, and you know what it does to me these days."

She'd use her eyes to point towards the kitchen door, hoping that Windy would take up the role and go along with things. It seemed to Sorrow at least, that this would prove the best cover story in the memory, if they were to figure out what went on in the kitchen right now.

Of course, she were more than free to try something else too. Sorrow were just trying to do what she thought might work. There were no guarantee that it would, and Windy might know better. They'd see in a moment, right?

@Catpone Cerberus

"It's good to hear that I don't have to convince you, even if spite is a strange motivator. That said, whatever keeps the little guy near. He's been through a lot, and I doubt it'd be wise for him to ever go back where you two came from. He's safer in Equestria, though he's going to need to learn how things work here. And also where to strike so it hurts. When you're build less than others, you gotta know how to fight dirty."

Honor was a cute concept, but what did honor matter if you were dead? No, it were wiser to know where you stood, and if it were too far below others, you had to fight back in a more tactical way, or get trampled. For her it were magic, for this guy... Hmmm, tough to say. He might end up as a compact little tanker of a dragon, and then it would be more a question of teaching him how to hit than anything. Incredibly dense build dragons could be insanely dangerous at times, which might end up being his ultimate end. Runts sometimes had that going for them, though due to size issues, also tended to be very sensitive and highly aggressive. They likely had a lot to work on with this little guy.

Though clearly, he'd first need to rest, and soon. Fed or not, he needed energy, and he wouldn't get that from food alone.

"But that's all for later. I think he'll pass out soon enough again, and then we can start making plans. Among them, trying to teach him how to speak in a local dialect. I don't think it's going to work wonders in the long run if you have to translate for him. Especially not since he fears you, and the first time he sees you change, will likely not make him feel any less confused and weary."

@Catpone Cerberus

Agni jumped down as Nada spoke, and would face the mimic, with the bag of seeds between them. This would now be a matter between the two of them, who were none too happy about being around one another.

Fah'lina would lift up on her hind legs and stare right at the phoenix, whon in turn rose his wings slightly, and kept his own glare on her as the seconds ticked by.

Evetually, she would push the seeds closer, and let out some critter talk, before Agni let out a small chirp, and drew the seeds closer. Afterwards, Fah'lina would flap up, and place herself on Ziggy's head, while Agni would ruffle through the seeds, and pick a few out to throw up, roast and eat. They seeemed to have reached an agreement, for the time being.

"Probably gonna be a while before they get friendly, but tolerance is a good place to start. Tolerance means no fire, and without fighting, that's two big issues handled right away.

Gonna think it'll be worse when they eventually team up. Fah'lina alone can make all sorts of little tricks, for her own amusement. Sorta worried what they'd be able to do, if two of them worked together on something."

@Catpone Cerberus

He'd have a grand total of four and a half minutes to complete his task, from the point he stopped talking, and until the feeding music were done with, and things would happen in a rapid sequence.

First Lyriel would be put down again, outside of the boundaries, seemingly unharmed. Then the trickster would fly out, looking much the same, yet somehow fresher. As if the materials it were made from, had gotten an influx of life to it. Which essentially, were the case.

Third off, if Scarecrow were still in the area, and had not gone out of the zone, he'd be blasted by the closest three trees. With a forceful, yet not fatally intended force. Though if he had actually stomped on one of the sprouts, he'd find their intentions were quite a bit more intense. As in, enough force to smash a regular pony over the trees, and right into Applejack's apple farm. Their way of telling you to get the hay away, and never return.

@EQ_Theta

On 7/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“The way you described the tournament makes it sound much more fun than the game itself. Maybe I might not see myself competing but I’d like to watch a game some time. Does it get intense? Were there any close matches?”

“Sounds like your game attracts some interesting personalities. I think my brother’s getting excited about it, and compared to the improvised games we were used to back home, this could probably be a full-fledged spectator sport. Maybe not in the levels like buck-ball but you’ve already got an audienceï»ż!”

"It's a growing spectator sport, with some places even starting to ask if we can add a few more rounds in the year. The way that it's going now, I'm thinking about investing in a bigger venue after the season this year, and upscale the whole thing. You know, stone arena so it can be held year round, all that sorts.

Heh. And to think, when I inherited this maze from my pa, it were just a little fun round for foals. It's amazing what a little ingenuety can cause.

Anyway, you all should really try this. Show if you have what it takes to compete in the big league. We had some really close calls last year, with the champ winning out by just two points. Some fresh compeditors might be just what's needed to turn the tides."

Plus, new faces in the big league, would catch more interest. Especially if it were from a strange race like these two, although she personally held more belief in the thestral. Something about him just made her think they were talking about somepony who knew how to deal with others.

Sen sadly, needed a bit of help dealing with things, as the straps seemed to conflict with him. Something which admitedly, gave her a bit of a chuckle.

"Come here, I'll sort you out. This is why usually, I need to suit folks up."

She went over and loosened the straps enough to help him get through, then tightened it up on him, to make sure everything were in place. He wasn't the worst sort of race she ever had to strap up, so it weren't much of a bother. And afterwards, she'd go on to take care of the others.

Except for Rosa, who felt like showing off and doing it himself. He had observed enough when she did it on Sen to get the base idea, though she would still check up, just to make sure.

After she finished up with Omen at the end, she just had to go over a few more things, before they could start anything.

"Alright then. Just a few base rules: Don't block your sensors, or try to leave them behind. This is a fair fight, and while covering behind something is fine, using magic or covering point blank with a hoof or cloth for example, is cause for disqualification.

Second off, it's against the rules to steal anothers weapon, or try to sabotage their gear. Respect the equipment.

And third, no pets. It's dangerous for critters in there."

"Okay."

A gate opened next to Omen, leading back to her realm, and then shortly after there, the cave they had been in earlier. Then, she'd wrap her tongue around Shrimp, and place him down on the floor there, under the book he had used for cover earlier. He were fast asleep, so it should likely be fine for their initial game here, to have him rest there for a bit.

Once that were closed, the yet unnamed mare would give a funny look towards Omen, trying to gather exactly what were going on there, and eventually get to a conclusion that seemed to make her a bit sceptic on things.

"Okay. For the record, that there's magic, so no portals in there. And uh... I hate prying, but you ain't some sorta witch, right? Trying to keep an open mind here, and I won't judge, but just trying to get what's going on with all of that stuff."

"Omen is of a equine-like race, with an initiate ability to create gates, and who communicates solely telepathically. I can assure you that she would know how to cast a spell as well as I would know how to eat the sun."

"Huh. And here I thought I knew 'em all. Anyway, you folks have any questions? I figure if we hurry up, you can try a round beefore the big opening speech.

And while I remember it, it's three bits per competitor. With Tomb staying here, that means there's four of you, so that'd be twelve bits please."

Which Omen would spit out, and leave the dry bits on the table for the puzzled mare. Yet, business were business, right? Best just take the payment, and get on with things.

It were fairly cheap too to play this, but one had to consider the volume getting through here, which usually meant she rakes in hundreds, sometimes thousands of bits on a night like this. Just had to keep it rolling.

@Lucid_Nightlight

Lucid would show up to find that Anomaly were currently standing near their house, with Rose on her shoulders, as outside of the tree she lived in, she's only about the same size as a regular pixie. Behind them were Henry, seemingly taking a nap in a lava pool, whilst Anomaly threw plastic cacti, that Rose would sneer at and destroy, though without destroying everything else around her too, or go mental. Seemed like progress had been made in the time Lucid were away.

Potentially due to some help from Rose's new step father. Just because he were a bit crazy, didn't mean he might not be helpful.

"Hey, there you were. You're way off though, we had the wedding like... Okay, do I have to play this along? It's boring! He can jump in time. Why would he be late for the wedding?"

Narrative reasons. Do you mind just trying to follow along?

"Buf it's dumb! Come on, don't you agree Lucid? How does it make sense that the monkey man looks away for a bit, and then suddenly you're a year and a half late for the wedding? Especially if you can play with time?

And what about your smoochie girl? Pretty sure she'd like, erase you from history or something, if you tried leaving her at a wedding like that.

See? It's all silly."

@Blitz Boom

"What? I missed the wedding? Sure I could go back in time, but that would mean like complicated time problems typical from a time travel car movie!"

"And no kids! AND me and Novia and somehow fully grown adults due to time travel stuff that I won't explain due to not wanting to break the plot of this story! Growing up sucks, now I have to pay taxes!"

"And I made you a wedding gift!"

She held a statue of Anomaly made out of silver.

@Blitz Boom

Windy nodded but in her mind, she says great idea, Sorrow “Sure, honey” she stood up and went to the door where Razor and the others went. She opened the door and went inside.

To her surprise, no one actually noticed her. In fact, they all ignored her. As she walk pass bipedal cat, she heard voices.

“If you dispose her, you will earn my favor” she immediately went behind a kitchen station and took a peek. She could see Razor, and the others who led him inside, including a teenage dragon, who was offering him bits. The others looked at the griffon with expectations.

Razor stared at the bits, showing no emotions.

“Razor?” the dragon speaking made him answer. 

“Y-Yes, I will do it” he was about to get the bits when the dragon jerked his claws away from him. 

“Only after disposing your wife. She's a threat to the company. Now shoo!” the dragon told him. 

“S-Sure, sir!” he quickly went out of the kitchen. Windy sneak out of the kitchen and went back to Sorrow.

“I got some crucial information” she started “Somedrake ordered Razor to execute his wife for bits”

Oblivious to the two mares, tiny cracks began to appear throughout the walls of the restaurant. 

@Blitz Boom

“Thanks,” Sen remarked as he examined the equipment, which didn’t feel quite right but that may be attributed to appearances more than anything. Not that there was something wrong with the equipment, though it did feel a little hefty. “It feels a little tight.”

“That’s the point, brother. You wouldn’t want to lose your equipment, especially when your senses aren’t going to be reliable.”

“You sound like the watch guard when he was giving a lesson on night patrols. Hold on to your tools like your very being depended on it!” The longma put on a deeper, mocking voice, bringing back some old memories of his training. This being a more fun and low-stakes environment, he would try to take it easy on the first pass before taking the game seriously. 

Things were different back in training as the longma recalled his younger years. He’d often find himself tired of the repetitive nature of training, though he would occasionally encounter the rare moments of solace with preparing his equipment, even building them in some cases. Those were some of the better moments, the ones that he remained fond of despite turning his back on the hunters. As painful as it was to leave behind an aspect of his youth that could still call out to him, his newfound goals would keep him preoccupied, leaving little in the way to wonder if he made the right choice. 

In the meantime, Lin would also examine her sensors, then glance over to Omen as the mare finished setting everyone up.

“Before we begin, are there any rules on players teaming up or is this everyone for themselves?” 

@Lucid_Nightlight

Anomaly screeched as she saw the silver stattue and buried herself quickly, by the ground swallowing her whole.

"Wha- Hey! No silver!!!"

Rose were currently flying in the air, confused at first at what she saw, until the silver statue got into view. At which point her darkened eyes narrowed, and the sneer on her face, from the anger she were still wrestling with, as they taught her how to deal around plastic without going ballistic, grew more prominent.

She rose a hand towards the statue, and a cracking, almost thunderbolt-like dark line erupted from her fingertips, and would - unless interrupted - hit the statue, and remove it from existence. As she contained more or less the entirety of what were left of Anomaly's old destructive side, this were her forte, and also the reason why she so far, were isolated on this island. Wouldn't do any good if she just lost her mind at seeing one sliver of plastic, and erased Equestria, and all who lived within, from the world map. And there were progress now, so it might change soon where they could take her.

And why? With the power of treats of course, like when you trained a doggo.

Hence, if she successfully removed the silver statue, Anomaly would pop up, go *Good girl* and throw a pickle towards her. It were larger than Rose herself, but that just meant she had more to eat, and she were happy to do so.

If Rose didn't get it removed, Henry would get risen up from the screech, and drowsily reach over, take the silver, and plop it into his lava bath, before going back to sleep. He did not have Anomaly and Rose's weakness against this metal.

@Windy Breeze đŸ„§

Sorrow paled as she heard what Windy had to say.

"Killed by her own husband, just because he were told to do it... How couldn't she become furious in death?"

It were even worse than she had feared. Not only had Razor been involved in Autumn's death, he had directly done so himself - she doubted that he would have contracted another to do so, if he were already being paid to do it - and for what? For bits? What kind of monster would do something like that, to one they were married to, and especially for something like that?

It were no wonder Autumn were such a ragefilled, powerful poltergeist. Knowing that one she thought loved her, were willing to kill her for nothing else than money, would have made her resentful and furious. She would have regretted ever meeting him, wail in her own pain over what had happened to her, and how her life had been nothing but a lie, and the grief... It would have been immeasurable. It made a good deal more sense now, how she could have become as strong as a whirlwind of powerful, negative emotions that she had become. In her hooves, who wouldn't have been? The poor mare...

"This is just getting worse and worse... What should we do now?"

Sorrow felt something were off about the area they were in. She couldn't describe it more than a certain icky, tingling feeling, and attributed it to the pity she were feeling towards Autumn. Probably all it were, right?

===========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

11 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“It feels a little tight.”

“That’s the point, brother. You wouldn’t want to lose your equipment, especially when your senses aren’t going to be reliable.”

“You sound like the watch guard when he was giving a lesson on night patrols. Hold on to your tools like your very being depended on it!”

"She is right though. It have to be stuck on securely, of things might just fall off, or wobble around uncomfortably. Just be thankful you're not a dragon, since they have to wear an extra layer of metal below the harness, so their scales don't cut the leather."

That were another thing she had to invest in, if she wanted to make this go further: A better harness for races like dragons. And likely a bigger arena, so there were room for them. She had a height restriction in this place out of necessity, but it would be great if she could upgrade it some. Allow for a bit of flying and climbing too, maybe, to get some tactical advantage in that the audience hadn't seen before. She'd have to see how it looked after the season this year. If the projected amount of folks they expected would come in and watch the tournament, she definitely had to start thinking bigger. And also look at moving. The sort of structure she had in mind, weren't compatible with the way this town worked, which were a little sad, but she could always just make the other place she put this, sort of a *summer home* area, and then be back here when it were closed down, and she didn't have to prep things.

A lot of details still to sort out, but all in due time. Right now, she had a team ready, and would wander over to a box on the wall, open it with a key she had hidden in her mane, to reveal a big line of switches. She would flip them all, and a rumbling would be heard further inside. Things were beginning to start up.

11 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

In the meantime, Lin would also examine her sensors, then glance over to Omen as the mare finished setting everyone up.

“Before we begin, are there any rules on players teaming up or is this everyone for themselves?”

"In theory you could team up, but this game is based on who gets the most points, and as said, there is a five second delay between you hitting somepony, and it being possible to register another shot. So really, it's pretty pointless, unless one just wants to up the others score. Which for the record, will detract, since I kinda see that as low grade cheating. We had some folks who tried to get to join the tournament by just having their friends in a circle, feeding them points, and I'm not having that.

Which does remind me: It is also a rule that when you shoot somepony, you can't keep them trapped. They're allowed to run off, just as they are to stand around and try their luck when their timer goes off again. Trapping somepony and not allowing them to move about, like say shoving them into corners, holding them, or that sort of thing, will get you disqualified. Have to be fair, right?

Anyway, gonna take a few minutes for the systems to get sorted, so how about we all do some aim practice? I'll just turn on your equipment, and then one by one, I want you to shoot until you hit my sensor. Remember, you can't shoot a new ball, until the old one hit something."

With that, she'd put on her own harness, and step back, so she were at around four meters distance. Right next to the desk, where she could then reach down, and press something beneath it, that activated their harnesses. They should barely be able to feel it, as more than a brief tingle at worst.

"Alright, you first, thestral, and the-"

Rosa would lift his shooter in his hoof, and fire off once, showing off the silvery orb that would quickly travel - like a baseball thrown proper hard - and hit the tip of her sensor, before she were done talking.

"Heh, showoff. Not your first time here after all, huh?"

"It is, but I'm well trained in hitting targets at a distance, and this is simpler than say, a dagger, blow dart, or beanie bag."

"Something tells me you're one to keep an eye on then. Heh, anyway, you two uhm... Gosh darn it, I forgot asking names again, didn't I? Or did I get preoccupied with something else and toned it out? Anyway, gonna need it for the scoreboard, so you mind saying your names as you go up and tried to hit me, you two? Then the rest afterwards. I'm Night Bloom, by the way."

She'd point at Sen, then Lin when she asked them to state their names. So Sen would get his turn trying to hit first, whilst Rosa gave a slight, taunting smirk towards both him and Lin. Far be it for him to be playing superior, but they had a challenge, and he liked to show off in that case, so they knew he meant business. This were but a taste to try and rouse them to face the challenge.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

“We have to-” Windy was interrupted by the building started to shake “What in the hay?” at first, she thought this was a work of an outbreak, however, she looked around her, and no one seem to be affected by shake, including Razor, who approached Autumn. 

“Autumn, we have to go” his voice was dull, no emotions shown. Autumn raised her eyebrow. 

“But we just got here” she said. 

“I know. But the chefs informed me only meat are available right now” he lied, glancing at the door where he have been. She stood up, causing the floor to shake violently. Tables over topple, sending plates, glass, and food to the floor. Some part of the wall begin to crumble, revealing a burned wall.

“Oh, what now!?” as if a cue, a part of the ceiling landed right in front of Windy. She yelped in surprise, glancing at Sorrow with fear.

“Oh, okay. I guess I'll cook some water spinach today” she stood up with an expression that says she's disappointed that their time in the restaurant is wasted. She turn her head at Windy and Sorrow. Her orange eyes began to vanish, and her voice started to change “hElLO THeRE” she said “I HoPE yOUr FOashejisududwppxlxkskmxjxiwpzpxpcld”

Then, she twisted her neck to look back at her husband, producing a crunch. 

@Blitz Boom

“It’s nice to meet you, Night Bloom. I’m Sen and that’s my sister, Lin.” The two bowed to the mare before Sen walked up to try out the shooters and acquaint himself with the game. He caught sight of Rosa’s smirk and he puffed up his cheeks a little while trying to keep an air of confidence. 

“Alright, let’s see how this works
” The longma aimed at Night Bloom’s sensor and slowly pulled the trigger, though his shot was way off the mark. A second was loosed and it was only a minor improvement. With the third, Sen inhaled and held his breath, steadying his aim and his nerves, before letting go. This time, he managed to land his shot, hitting the sensor.

“So that’s how it’s done. I can’t imagine how that’s going to turn out when everypony’s moving around.”

“My turn! Let me have a go!” Lin walked up and waited for Night Bloom to ready herself before trying the game out for herself. Frankly, it wound up looking similar to Sen’s attempts. Five missed shots before she successfully hit the mare’s sensor. The longma found herself having to sit and hold her shooter with two claws before she found success, which already had her wondering how she’ll survive in a fast-paced scenario. 

Sen, however, stood next to Rosa while watching Lin and waiting to see how Omen does. Though he wouldn’t see how he could find himself bragging about the challenge ahead, he wouldn’t show an air of defeat sooner than expected. He did note the a rather different Rosa now that they are readying themselves for the game ahead. 

“This is a side of you I didn’t expect, Rosa. It kind of looks like you trained for this your whole life. Just so you know, I may not have your skill but I won’t let up easily!” 

@Blitz Boom

"Bad Novia!"

Novia looked at Lucid for a moment. Did he just call her bad!? Lucid was the one with the idea!

"Lucid made the statue! Bite him!"

"If you bite, I'll spoil the fact that I was always a draconequus and the stick was just a placebo!"

Seriously!? You weren't supposed to find that until later! I didn't even put that on your page!

@Blitz Boom

A Rising Dusk trotted through the streets of a city.  Laughing and playing with a group of other colts and fillies as they chased a blue ball in some sort game of keep away on a bright sunny day.  The detective himself not any older than the other ponies he played with.  Street carts parted way for the traveling group of youngsters as the ball batted about through the air.  Bouncing off the sign of a nearby book store, only to soar across the street and donk off the dark window of a condemned magics shop.  None the group all that bothered by the fact neither of these stores belonged on the same street.  Or that the cobble stone beneath their hoofs changed to brick, to gravel, to asphalt.  The streets were not flat and rolled up and down like the waves of an ocean.  Each pony simply running along with little care to pesky issues like gravity that should prevent their game from continuing.  Stores from all the cities Rising had visited in his life decorated the backdrop of the landscape the children played, a few number of them no different than a simple flat 2-D stage prop.

Sliding between the legs of a pony ahead of the pack, Rising took the short advantage for his turn at the ball.  Giving the blue ball a hefty hind kick to send the ball back down the street they had come.  Even though the street had long changed and there was no going back to the way it was.  The ball though reacted in slow motion, spinning through the air at half speed.  All the ponies stopped in their tracks to watch the ball in awe like it was some miracle never seen before.  By the time the ball had managed to fly past the last pony in line, it had become a miniature Sun.  With a furry of laughter, the chase began again.  All in attendance had about faced and ran after the new Sun ball that bounced of its own accord down the streets Canterlot.  The makeshift city that had been made of all before, now more focused into a singular location, or at least more so the one street Rising and Dawn lived on when they were born stretched into infinity.  Still a mix of buildings that were both there when he was born and many which were there now.

Soon the little bouncing Sun became the primary source of light.  The sunny day had given way to night filled with the full Moon.  A Moon that still contained the spell that imprisoned Nightmare Moon upon it.  The most beautiful spell tapestry Rising had ever seen in his life.  Rising had lost interested in chasing the ball with his group of younger friends to stop in the middle of the street and look up at the Moon. 

Oh how it was to be young.  For this was simply a Rising Dusk.  Gazing down from a cloud high above, the older Rising Dusk lazily laid out upon a puffy cloud that putted along the sky to keep pace with the playing group.  Deprived of his hoodie, the midnight blue unicorn observed the events unfold.  The Dream Realm, a playground for the subconscious to do the things reality says they aren't aloud to do.  Time, space, physics, magic, let's just toss those out the window.  Usually makes for a good learning place, as the subconscious works through fears and joys to help connect to the conscious for problem solving.  Her Royal Dreaminess, Princess Luna ruled this realm, helping guide ponies through their subconscious.  Rarely was he ever visited.

"I contain every memory my subconscious can use to make in this Dream world of mine... You do not belong," the detective glanced at the out of place glowing moth that had thus far been the only thing unaffected by his Dream.

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't think much of Leviathan's comment about fighting dirty, after all, it wasn't like she followed some weird rules when fighting, sure she didn't like those who used magic in fights, but it was nothing to do with honor, she wasn't even sure if such word existed in her language, no, it was about pride, it was cowards way to fight without risk, and if someone in her homelands won a fight using coward's way and the word got out, they would eventually meet a coward's death, because magic too needed stamina, and one could not out-stamina a constant flow of killing machines.

"That will be quite a task." she said "Assuming my mother taught him even close as much as she did to me, there's lot of words he doesn't know even in our language, because I learned quite a lot of new words when I studied the books, so even if he's intelligent enough to learn quickly, there will be lot of explaining about meaning of words." "And I don't think he'll be willing to learn anything from me if he thinks I'm going to hurt him the moment he does something wrong."

As Ruby spoke, the runt fell asleep, he tried to fight it the best he could, but he ended up falling asleep in a sitting position before eventually collapsing again, and it seemed he wasn't going to wake up too easily as evidenced by the fact that he didn't wake up regardless of his quite painful looking collapse. 

"I'm surprised he lasted this long." Ruby said looking at the now sleeping male "I have to give him credit for that, the flight here is not easy, and just the fact he survived it is quite the feat." she may look down on everyone else, but even she gives credit when credit is due, and this weakling had impressed her by making it to Equestria alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't give them any ideas, they both can understand you." Nada said slightly humorously, she didn't really worry about it because even if by some miracle they became friendly with each other, Agni didn't seem like the type to annoy others, or at least he most likely wouldn't annoy her based on his reaction to her raising her voice, and as selfish as it may have been, she wasn't really concerned how he would treat others as long as he didn't actively hurt anyone she cared about.

--------------------------------------------------------

Since Scarecrow first wanted to know how long the thing lasted before doing anything, he didn't do anything yet and thus wouldn't be on the area when it ended. If the 'bird' didn't want to eat anymore and thus they missed their chance, then he would follow the original plan, assuming Lyriel would try talking again. 

If he had to go with the original plan and talking failed, he would walk carefully in, doing his best to avoid any sprouts on his way. Assuming the trees would blast him with the warning zaps, it would stop him for a second and the damage would depend on where they hit. Hitting the skull seeming did absolutely nothing, as there wasn't even burn marks, hitting the black growth would cause the electricity to go on top of it to the ground without leaving any visible damage, and hitting anywhere that was not his skull or the growth would burn a small hole into that spot.
If he got hit by the lethal blast, it would throw him backwards most likely but he would at least try to stop himself by using his new disadvantage to stick himself to the ground. This would also damage the growth a bit, but it seemingly healed itself pretty quickly. His skull would still be unaffected. 

If in other hoof the 'bird' looked like it was searching for more to eat, he would wait for it to start the song again and then use that time to go collect the branches, again avoiding the sprouts the best he could, but the gum coming from his wings could make that lot harder since he didn't control it.

And of course if Lyriel had anything to say, he would listen.

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I'm not gonna bite you. I have a pickle!"

Rose's argument were hard to go against. She did indeed have a pickle, and as had been established before - as well as easily viewable now - her voracious appetite for the things, would overrule her want to bite other things. Which were probably for the better, considering her teeth could pretty much tear through anything. She weren't a shard of destruction for nothing, though currently, her whole thing were focused on eating the pickle. Which were going rather quickly, by the little pixie. It were like watching a cartoon piranha.

Anomaly in the meantime, unearthed herself fully, and stomped on the ground, which caused a sign saying *Faker!* to drop down and hang over Lucid's head. The strings on it seemed to be attached to one of the nearby clouds.

"Boo, foul move. We need a better plot twist than that. I'm gonna say you're really a thirteen year old griffon girl with lots of freckles, and a third eye. See? Way better. What kind of silly thing do you have, writing your manuscript? One of t he hairless monkey things? They're bad at this stuff."

@Windy Breeze đŸ„§

On 7/31/2020 at 1:47 PM, Windy Breeze đŸ„§ said:

“We have to-” Windy was interrupted by the building started to shake “What in the hay?” at first, she thought this was a work of an outbreak, however, she looked around her, and no one seem to be affected by shake, including Razor, who approached Autumn. 

Oh dear, what were going on here? Did... Did they play too active of a role, and disturbed the memory? Were it all collapsing around them, and potentially the building with it, if it were that tainted with Autumn's psychokinetic energy? A possibility, and a bad one if it were, since having a building falling on you tended to be pretty harmful. Fatal even, if they got really unlucky, though even minor injuries in this area could end up being fatal. Y'know, on account that they didn't seem to be able to escape, and it were swarming with possessed beings.

The scene around them didn't seem to get affected by this rumbling at all, so it weren't something that happened in the past it seemed. In fact, it seemed the place were already in pretty bad condition, as a part of it fell down very close to them, and made Sorrow jump back with a small *meep* sound. Just in time to see part of the wall being revealed, looking rather burned. As for the scene still being played out around them, she'd witness Razor going over and telling Autumn that they needed to leave. In a way that should make all the alarm bells ring for somepony, but apparently, it didn't make Autumn act any diff-

On 7/31/2020 at 1:47 PM, Windy Breeze đŸ„§ said:

She turn her head at Windy and Sorrow. Her orange eyes began to vanish, and her voice started to change “hElLO THeRE” she said “I HoPE yOUr FOashejisududwppxlxkskmxjxiwpzpxpcld”

Then, she twisted her neck to look back at her husband, producing a crunch. 

Oh dear Celestia, this was... This was just wrong.

Sorrow had seen a lot of things, when it came to ghosts. Various stages of decay, dismemberment, body contortion, etc. But the head twirling this much, to the point where you could hear the neck break, never sat right with her. It always rubbed her the wrong way, and it had thankfully been a while since she had seen this sort of thing in action. Go figure that this place would go ahead and hit on all the wrong notes.

Since they had been spotted already, Sorrow would gulp down, and try to reason with the ghost again. Likely a futile effort, but she had to try something, or they'd be stuck here until they starved to death.

"We're just trying to understad what happened, and help you get peace. You didn't deserve this Autumn. None of it."

Be it her current stage as a rage-filled poltergeist, or that of a wife that meant so little to her husband, that a mere promise of bits made Razor cause her death, Autumn did not deserve what had happened to her. She deserved a good, long life, with somepony who cared enough about her to try and save her, rather than earn a profit from her misfortune. Yet sadly, that had passed, and the best they could do now, were to try and help her find rest, and then if Razor were still out there and alive, try and get him to face justice for what he did. Hopefully they'd find some evidence they could present the guards if it were. She didn't want to have to call on some of her less uhm... *moral* family members, to deal with this, unless there weren't a choice.

===========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 7/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“It’s nice to meet you, Night Bloom. I’m Sen and that’s my sister, Lin.”

"And we are Sub Rosa, and Omen."

Rosa would point at first himself, then Omen, who'd slowly rise a hoof and wave calmly towards Night Bloom.

"Well, fancy meeting the lot of you then. Let's see what you all got when it comes to the games, and then try having a blast once you're all ready, eh?"

She'd give them a big grin, and stand ready, as it were now Sen's turn to try his best at hitting her sensor.

“So that’s how it’s done. I can’t imagine how that’s going to turn out when everypony’s moving around.”

"It can get hectic, with all the dodging and shooting going on, along with the environment, but you're doing well. Some folks gets through and have to try a dozen times or so, before they get the first shot right. Three times really ain't bad, and you might be surprised to find that you could end up having pretty good aim in a panic. It gets instinctual for some folks at times, and if you got a hunting side, you might end up surprised at yourself.

I'd give you some advice though: Don't try and worry about messing up. It's just a game after all. So just focus on the sensor, try and keep your feet on the moves, and don't loose your cool. I know I said some folks to well under a panic, but the majority does better with a calm mind."

Ain't no reason not to try and encourage the players, and she were sure that Sen would get at least a few hits in while they were having a go at it.

“My turn! Let me have a go!”

"Took a few more shots before you found your style, but I think you got what it takes too, Lin. You just don't seem to strike me as one of those who goes around chasing others, but more the kind who sets a base and wait for others to wander into her trap. You got a good aim when you're stationary. Might be something you can use to your advantage."

A good *nest builder* so to speak, were a strong competitor in here too. Sure they eventually got figured out, and had to change positions at times, to avoid getting too predictable, but it were a valid strategy, that she had seen taken into use quite a few times. With varying degrees of success.

“This is a side of you I didn’t expect, Rosa. It kind of looks like you trained for this your whole life. Just so you know, I may not have your skill but I won’t let up easily!”

"I've had a lot of practice in the art of hitting things, in various ways."

He could have said more on the matter, but he did not want to cause alarm, nor oust himself around Night. Spies were not well liked, and from the consortium he had served under? There would be easier ways for him to deserve a beating than publicly admitting to that. Like say, setting fire to one of their way-shrines, or go put breezies in jars, and talk about selling them to the more backwater deer tribes out there. Neither of which he'd obviously do, but it were more to make a point that he brought this up in his mind. The point being that spies were unlikable, and he could not blame others for being resentful, if they found out about his past.

Regardless, now it were Omen's turn to shoot, and she simply stood there for a while, looking at the item in front of her, not really doing much, before Night addressed her.

"Is something wrong?"

"Mother says we are not allowed to hurt others."

"Well, your mom don't need to worry none. This here's just a bit of light. You'll hurt yourself more by jumping on a pile of leaves."

"You have seen yourself Omen, that nopony is getting hurt. Here, let me show you a little more."

Rosa would turn his shooter on his hoof, and fire on it three times. Each time, he'd be completely unscathed, and only feel a brief, light tingling.

"See? Harmless."

With that sorted, Omen would near the shooter of her own suit, and sniff it a few times, then bat it, just in case, before finally wrapping out about half a meter of her prehensile tongue, and wrapping it around it, so that she could carry the hooter in front of her.

"Well, that's not something you see every day. Try a few shoots, and see if you can hit."

It would take Omen a total of eleven shots before she hit the sensor. Most of them were her testing out how to press it, whilst keeping it stable enough for her to control. And once she finally hit the sensor, Night got a smile on spreading on her face.

"See? You can do it. Just keep your aim up, and-"

Another ball hit her sensor. And then another one, as Omen tested a few more times, whilst wandering slowly from side to side.

"Well, seems like you got the gist of it. So, how about-"

Another shot hit her, whilst Rosa had to lift a hoof up to stop himself from laughing. He weren't sure why, but just Omen continuing to do this, were rather amusing to him.

"Okay, stop it, or we'll never get started. Geez. Anyway, just head through the entrance there, and stay in the purple marked area. It's big enough for a small group like yours to still have some distance, without making it hard to find one another. I'll be resetting your systems 30 seconds after you enter, so that's the amount of time you have to work with. Let's get cracking, eh?"

She'd move to the side, and go over to the door that marked the entry. opening it, they could see the dim lights, hear the slight sounds of rustling bushes and wind coming from varied baubles hidden around the place, and some colored arrows on the ground, leading towards the right areas for whatever team would go in. As the purple group, they'd go to the right, where there'd quickly be three branching paths, with more arriving further inside. They'd also find that the entire area marked with purple, had small, purple baubles floating around every so often, as to not confuse the participants of where they were.

Soon as they had all passed through the door, the timer would be set, and they best start getting spread. The game were about to begin.

=============================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 8/1/2020 at 1:41 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"I contain every memory my subconscious can use to make in this Dream world of mine... You do not belong," the detective glanced at the out of place glowing moth that had thus far been the only thing unaffected by his Dreamï»ż.

Until he addressed it, the moth had simply fluttered around, not interfering with anything. It simply watched on, as the fillies played through this mishmash of places, that the detective's dreamscape had summed up. A street that never ended, yet had such variety, that one could reasonably expect to tell that it were not the same one. If the length of it alone did not speak enough of it already, which it should comfortably do.

Comfort seemed to be a thing that played a role here. It didn't contain much in the way of darkness. It were pleasant, and seemingly innocent. A world seen through the lenses of a foal, who did not fear the world around him, but simply enjoyed himself in the now.

When the ball were kicked up, and seemed to become the new sun, blazing its light upon the lands, the moth followed up to observe that, more than the foals beneath. It only switched away once the moon and the tapestry it seemed to show were brought into view, which were one that it would flutter around silently, up until a voice from the clouds had interrupted it, and it began to slowly move towards him.

"𝕮 𝖜𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌, 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘 𝖒𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚."

The voice were like a breeze, wafting through the place, with no seeming point of origin. There were no malice in it, nor any real joy. It were light and somber. Thoughtful even, as if belonging to one who had much on their mind, and did theirs to approach it rationally.

"𝖂𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍, 𝕮 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗. đ•ș𝖗 𝖒𝖆𝖞𝖇𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖚𝖗."

The moth slowly got closer, and it's wings seemed to beat heavier and heavier with every inch it moved closer.

"𝖄𝖊𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝕮 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖆 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖙 𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊. 𝕬 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒 𝖔𝖋 𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞."

A small amount of longing had entered the voice, as what sounded like a female, pondered over the things she were seeing.

"𝕮 𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘 𝖆𝖘 𝖊𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖞. đ•ș𝖇𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖎𝖋 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖊, 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖞, 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉. 𝕮 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖞𝖇𝖊, 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘, 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍. đ•Ÿđ–” 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊 𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉, 𝕮 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖒𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖒𝖊.

𝕮 𝖜𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖉𝖎𝖉, 𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖆 𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗, 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖔𝖕 𝖔𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘? 𝕬𝖓 𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖋 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘. đ•”đ–šđ–˜đ–™ 𝖆𝖘 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘, 𝖎𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖊𝖙 𝖌𝖔 𝖔𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕. đ•č𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕮 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌, 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊."

A minor vibration would pass through the air near the moth, as the somber voice kept talking. It would not affect the dream, nor present a magical threat of any kind, if Rising were to scour this presence for that. It were but a presence, unaffected by his dreams, up to and including, any attempts he'd make at dismissing, or wafting it away. It would continue towards him, unabashed and as unaffected as if you tried to fight a ghost, by smashing it with a lead pipe.

"𝖄𝖊𝖙, 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖑, 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓. 𝕮𝖙 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖆 𝖉𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖞. đ•·đ–”đ–“đ–Œ 𝕮 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖜𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘, 𝖆𝖘 𝖎𝖙 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖘𝖐𝖞, 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘. 𝕮 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖙 𝖆 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖍 𝖔𝖚𝖙, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖓𝖔 𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍. 𝕯𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖎𝖙? đ•ș𝖗 𝖉𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝖚𝖕, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖓?"

===========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 8/1/2020 at 3:46 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That will be quite a task." she said "Assuming my mother taught him even close as much as she did to me, there's lot of words he doesn't know even in our language, because I learned quite a lot of new words when I studied the books, so even if he's intelligent enough to learn quickly, there will be lot of explaining about meaning of words." "And I don't think he'll be willing to learn anything from me if he thinks I'm going to hurt him the moment he does something wrong."

Leviathan smirked a little at what Ruby were saying, about how hard it would be to teach the little one the Equine tongue.

To it, she would reply with some snarls, growls, and three yips. Each of them with their own tone, seeming to indicate something with meaning had been expressed.

"That is Diamond Dog tongue for *Be smart, much work. Worth time, yes.* They have a very rudimentary language, not focused much on structure of sentences, as much as getting the important details out. Like pack, food, and *My diamond!*. I grew up with that, but I learned equine over time, as many others in the pack did. I feel confident that I can use many of the same methods to teach him over time, and if there is one thing us dragons have, it is time."

She'd watch as he fell down, and would nudge him a little, to make his sleeping position more comfortable, so that he didn't wake up with an aching body from the awkward position he had placed himself in. He'd have enough to deal with, without adding this on top of it.

On 8/1/2020 at 3:46 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm surprised he lasted this long." Ruby said looking at the now sleeping male "I have to give him credit for that, the flight here is not easy, and just the fact he survived it is quite the feat."

"As you said, he were doomed t die in your homeland. My guess is that the fear of that, as well as adrenaline, kept him pushing on and on, with every drop of energy he had. Might also explain why he got caught so easily in a random poacher's net. You'd think one who needs to be weary of their surroundings, to not get trampled by ones far larger than him, would be more aware of their surroundings. Normally, anyway.

In any case, he's made it through the worst then, since he made it here. Now he just have to be nursed back to health, and get plenty of prey and water. Just like a certain dragoness I know of does. Or have your wound healed enough for you to no longer think you need to take it easy? Your movements throughout this, have seemed to be eased, compared to just a few hours ago."

She'd turn it around and put the conversation towards Ruby instead, asking in to her health, rather than that of her younger brother. He were conked out and seemed exhausted, yet mostly alive and well. Ruby on the other hand, still had a rather big injury that Leviathan were worried about, and she wanted to ask into it a little. It seemed better though, when you looked at how mobile Ruby had been before, but it might be but a rouse, and she just tried to ignore the pain.

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well yeah, but I know she's already thinking about it, and hehe doesn't seem like he wanna start something. So it's just a fun little joke, hehe. I doubt Agni would want you to be mad at him again. And I know a certain somepony who liked to keep her treats coming in."

Ziggy reached over, and grabbed a chocolate muffin, then threw it up over her head, where Fah'lina would grab it on the way down, and start to munch down. The little thing had a surprisingly voracious appetite when she wanted to have it, and yet for some reason, she could last days without any sort of food, if need be. It just made her more lazy and groggy when it were.

"Oh right, Nada said something earlier, before you two made a scene, Fah'lina. She said there had been another mimic here. Silvery, with a bow on her tail, and a necklace, I think?"

The mimic would stop halfway through a bite, and nearly choke on what were already in her mouth, as she let out a surprise squeak at hearing this. She'd proceed to sniff around for a scene,t but with the fresh baking going on, it overruled the faint smell of another mimic wandering around the premise, rather easily.  As such, she'd just with there, with her head in one of her paw, and seemingly be in deep thought, as her eyes were closed tightly shut. Her other hand still held the muffins, which she'd slowly eat through though. You didn't waste food.

"That's that sorted. So, baking's done, everything's been washed up... Seems everything there have been taken care of too. What do you wanna do now? Anything I can get you? Or do you want a nap, maybe? It's important to get your sleep. Uuuh, or a swim, maybe? Serenade say I can't be in the pool, or the big fish with the sharp teeth will bite me, but it's apparently totally safe for mimics and sirens. Maybe mermaids too? I dunno, I haven't seen one of those before. I hear they have one up in Shark Bay though Maybe one day I can go up there, and see what they're like.

Hehe, anyway, what sorta thing do you have in mind, Nada?"

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The trickster didn't much care for finding more to eat now. It were well sustained for a period of time, and as such, could more easily focus on the task at hoof. That being, collecting some of the branches. As it were able to fly, it could safely fly in in theory, though the trees did seem to sway as it got nearer. Maybe they were unsure of this creature's intent?

To try and go against this, Lyriel would take a hesitant step forward, and talk with the trees as best she could, seeing as she were deprived of the link that once made it quite simple for her to do this more directly.

"Please, do not bring harm to them. We are not intent on hurting you, nor as much as brush against your saplings. We have been sent to collect fallen branches of your mighty stature, by a creature whom have infested this forest, and drawn us into her strange games. I beg of you, in the name of the Earth Mother to please give us a moment to do this, and prove that we are not here to cause harm. We only take what have been discarded, and this... Creature of nature, will swoop down on mighty wings, to ensure that no foot or hoof, are set near the young saplings."

Lyriel went to her knees as she spoke of this, with her head hung, and front hooves lifted, in an attempt to appear more as if she were pleading their case, and for them to have a merciful stance towards their unfortunately timed intrusion.

It looked somewhat pathetic, but provided that Scarecrow would try nothing, the trees seemed to give them a temporary chance, as the trickster quickly collected two branches, and flew out of the area. It did not wish to be on the wrong side of these trees, more than Scarecrow or Lyriel did.

Afterwards, she'd go on to bend all her knees before the trees, in a deep bow, which had her forehead hitting the dirt near their area.

"Thank you for your trust. I owe you greatly for your kindness."

Afterwards, she'd try to scurry Scarecrow along, and they'd be joined up soon by the trickster. Who'd then flap over and put the stick down in front of them, before writing above them: Sorry for the time. Lunch found me. I won't need to drink again for a few weeks now."

So at least it seemed to last long on a *tank*, so to speak. It also appeared to have better writing now, and the pyrite that were stuck in one of its eyes, seemed to have a certain spark to it. A rejuvenating snack, clearly, but they likely still had much to do in this scavenger hunt of theirs, so there'd be little time to focus fully on this. Best to simply take their prize, and be prepared for the next task in who knew how many were to come?

@Blitz Boom

"You can't say that to me I'm a grown man now! And if it weren't for Novia and Lumen, we'd probably marry!" Lucid joked.

"Hey! Bad Lucid! Very bad Lucid! You also made me miss the wedding, so you owe me a marriage proposal! Because as also being a grown adult I have the right!"

"I can't propose yet! It's too early in the story!" Lucid looked at Anomaly. "Are you a spawner yet? When you gonna have a baby freak of nature?"

@Blitz Boom

Windy decided to ignore the restaurant now started to change nonetheless she still felt uncomfortable. She cringed when she heard a crack from Autumn after talking to them. Seriously, she had read many horror fictions and she is still fazed by this. 

After Sorrow spoke to Autumn, the latter suddenly collapsed her her rump as Razor vanished along with all the occupants. She began to mutter words “Choke... play... Razor... Mourn...” she cowered as if in pain, then something happened.

After yelling out the word “HATRED!!” Windy is blinded by a white flash. She swore she heard the sound of flamed but when she opened her eyes, she and Sorrow now stood in a completely charred building. Everything was dark and gloomy once again. The vision has ended. She spotted one of possessed ponies, a filly writing a huge 'Unforgiven' on the already vandalized street. 

A was laying beside Sorrow. If read, it says the names and shows pictures of ten ponies and one griffon. Autumn was among them and has a large X drawn on her picture along with the others. 

@Blitz Boom
Skall took out a book and flipped through it, as bodies fell in the library without him paying much attention,
someone working their way to Skall, causing some chaos on the way
turning to hear a voice break through, slamming the book shut as he heard it.
"Skall...."

Within him rage burned instantly, the element and him knew this voice too well.

"ROSE!-"
A spear formed in his hand, and flew towards the figure, as it shattered against a forcefield.
"I came here to remedy some past relationships! So don't treat me that way-"

"NO, I work ALONE!"
His form grew in size, as she looked tiny compared to him.

"I see through these tricks of yours-"

Outside was calm and peaceful, 
but the sounds of Rose being smashed through a wall certainly interrupted it.

Her form was of a draconequus composed of a griffon head a snake body ending with the tail of a lion, pony hooves and her back legs were that of a deer,
she wasn't as strong as Discord, her powers weak compared to him, more reliant on her element than any of the others were.

She clawed at the ground, letting out a growl, as Skall stood tall, now appearing too small to have caused the destruction.
"Thankfully I already found out what I need, so now I can have more fun with you!"
He formed many spears around himself,  sending each one flying out, as Rose smirked. 

"Stop doing this villian!" She cried out looking to the guards around her, and appearing helpless, while Skall continued to ruthlessly strike her.

=================================

He was about to answer, but he overheard Rose crying out, but seeming to ignore it. Shade would hear it too, as Iron sighed. 

He wondered if Shade would prevent him from heading to help, but this was an important thing to deal with too, so it was a partial conflict.
"Yes you may bring in the other witnesses, I need to learn what's really going on here."

=================================

"Why am I sensing a strange amount of elements in Canterlot?"
Chariot mumbled to himself, watching Emerald and helping when she asks.
"Do they seriously think it's a good idea to contain so many there?" 

@Blitz Boom

Lin was impressed with Omen’s display, seeing that this may also be her first time in a game. There are still some kinks to work out regarding the whole approach to the game and what not but from what the longma saw, she and Sen could have an interesting session. It might even build Omen’s confidence. 

“I think you’ll give me and Sen something to look out for,” Lin smiled as she approached Omen to give her a pat on the back. “That kind of skill out in the field? You’ll be keeping us on our toes and our senses sharp! Don't go easy on us, alright?”

Eventually, Sen and Lin will move to the entrance of the playing field. Dark as night with the sounds of a simulated environment ahead, Sen was already finding himself in rather familiar environment. A night patrol with dim lights resembling the distant fires marking an established village, this would present an equal amount of challenge and excitement. 

Lin, on the other hoof, didn’t have the experience of mobilizing in this type of environment. If anything, her history with unfamiliar environments boiled down to always assuming something was behind her and anticipating
 something. That mindset always factored in the uncertainties of a new environment, a place that harbored a sense of hostility whether or not that sense was warranted. She did take solace in the fact that in this place, her friends would be the ones to try and catch her off-guard. 

Before proceeding further, the longma siblings turned around to face Night Bloom, taking a long bow before making eye contact once more.

“Thank you for your kind words. We’ll be off to get ready!”

Lin then turned to Rosa and Omen, offering an outstretched claw. Sen would soon join in, placing his claw on top of his sister’s.

“May fortune favor your skill, and may the best of us win!”

Once they’ve finished this pre-game ritual, siblings started spreading out, taking their spots in darkened corners and awaiting the signal for the game to begin.

@FanOfManyShows

On 8/3/2020 at 7:26 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"Skall...."

Within him rage burned instantly, the element and him knew this voice too well.

"ROSE!-"

"No! You can't have him! He's mine!"

The spirit did not, in any sort of way, like Rose. She were a mockery of life, and on top of that, not even a good one. She were a weakling, dependent on her own element to be useful in most cases, making her the lowest rung of their depraved kind, far as she were concerned.

She also considered her a competitor for Skall's affection, and she would not tolerate anyone else, potentially catching his eye. Not former, nor current, faces. As she said, he were hers, not anyone else's.

And thankfully, Skall agreed, as he immediately began to attack her, regardless of what honeyed words spilled from Rose's lying tongue. She even felt herself get a little stronger, as Skall flaunted his rightful power, and used it to sow chaos in the library, as well as hammer Rose through one, or several walls. The bare minimum of what their kind deserved, and her in particular, for thinking that she could come and light something between herself and Skall. Skall needed no one else. He already had the only one with him, that he'd ever need. All the rest of them, were but pawns, distractions, and competition that were not welcome at his side. The underlings should stay under his claws, and beings like Rose, should return to the rock she had slithered out from, and pray that she wasn't rightfully stomped upon.

As for all the others in the library, they obviously ran away, or hid, not wanting to be part of this unusual display of violence. Library folks didn't know how to deal with something of this scale, and by that were not just meant Skall's increased size.

"Thankfully I already found out what I need, so now I can have more fun with you!"
He formed many spears around himself,  sending each one flying out, as Rose smirked. 

"Stop doing this villian!" She cried out looking to the guards around her, and appearing helpless, while Skall continued to ruthlessly strike her.

"Protect the citizens!"

Three guards jumped forth, and shielded the draconequus. They didn't know who she were, but it seemed evident that Skall were trying to harm her, and as such, they had a duty to perform. The guard group were made up of one burly earth pony, and two unicorns, all wearing Solar Guard uniforms. And as the earth pony were in front, his breastplate would be engulfed in armor, and causing a large barrier to burst out in front, and to the sides, of him, as he stood and with gritted teeth, took the assault of spears. He'd handle the physical pressure of this assault as best he could, whilst the unicorns would attempt to keep the shield up and functional. But they wouldn't be able to do this forever. They'd need backup, and soon.

=======================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

He was about to answer, but he overheard Rose crying out, but seeming to ignore it. Shade would hear it too, as Iron sighed. 

He wondered if Shade would prevent him from heading to help, but this was an important thing to deal with too, so it was a partial conflict.
"Yes you may bring in the other witnesses, I need to learn what's really going on here."

Shade's eye narrowed as he heard this cry. Of all the times for the town to erupt into chaos, it would be now. Frankly he'd have just ignored it, if it weren't because he suspected that Iron would interfere if he didn't, and that were out of the question, according to his orders.

"I'll deal with it. Stay here."

Quickly, he'd sink into his own shadow, and vanish from the room, leaving Iron and Hogweed alone. The later of whom would gulp a little, rather nervously.

"S-Should I uhm... Wait for him? I'm not sure right now... General What is your orders?"

=========================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"Why am I sensing a strange amount of elements in Canterlot?"
Chariot mumbled to himself, watching Emerald and helping when she asks.
"Do they seriously think it's a good idea to contain so many there?" 

He wasn't the only one feeling something were off. She were not as good as it as Chariot were, but still, Emerald felt that a spike were going off somewhere, in the direction of Canterlot. A rather, semi-familiar one at that.

"I suspect Opal might be causing trouble in Canterlot. For their sake, I hope they can deal with it, because it is not a good time to leave for us. We have a ritual to finish.

Still... Something feels off. I cannot place it, but it only strengthens the fact that we have to finish up here. Can you go upstairs, and retrieve Sapphire? We may as well waste as little time as we can, and prepare where she is to be, when this all begins."

====================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

In Canterlot, the guards would soon enough find that they did indeed get reinforcements, though not one they had ever expected, as Shade would rise out of the wall nearest Skall, and attempt to strike at his head with a shadowy knife. It were a stealthy move, but the magic used would alarm the spirit, who would call out to Skall to watch his right. Something were approaching.

======================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Sure I do. I have two, perfectly good, freaks of nature right here. And they're precious as can be, hehe.

Or do you mean like how ponies get foals? Don't have any of those. Lumen's been real busy, ever since I showed him the ducklicans. Turns out they were planning on turning the entirety of Canterlot, into fish and chips. He's doing real well in showing them who's boss though. Especially after I gave him a deep fryer. Throw them in there on reverse, and you get the bestest tasting pasta dough ever. Yum yum.

Now come on, do what she says, and give her a wedding ring. I'll even make it all romantic and stuff."

She'd snap her tail, and somewhere above them, a piano fell down next to her, and let out a single note, before more or less crumbling to pieces. Which then reanimated and tore itself apart, until the various pieces spelled out, in big letters *Damaged goods. Fun to poke at.*

And who said that romance were dead?

=======================================================================

@Windy Breeze đŸ„§

On 8/3/2020 at 2:12 AM, Windy Breeze đŸ„§ said:

After yelling out the word “HATRED!!” Windy is blinded by a white flash. She swore she heard the sound of flamed but when she opened her eyes, she and Sorrow now stood in a completely charred building. Everything was dark and gloomy once again. The vision has ended. She spotted one of possessed ponies, a filly writing a huge 'Unforgiven' on the already vandalized street. 

And just like that, reality came barging through. and in it, this restaurant were nothing like the glory days it had presented. It were a charred husk, likely burned down by the possessed ones, as an easy target for Autumn's rage.

"I think... I think she were trying to reach out to us."

This however, were the real thing that were baffling Sorrow, and made her feel a sliver of hope for this all going well, flutter around in her chest.

They finally had some potential sign, that Autumn might be somewhat sentient beneath all the hatred. She were obviously struggling with it though, and still should be approached with extreme caution, but there might be hope yet that they could still resolve this by getting through to her in some fashion. Maybe it were them seeing parts of what were going on that helped her? Potentially, she were even showing this to them on some level, because she wanted them to understand and get to her? A lot to unpack here, and still much work to do, she were sure of it, but it were finally starting to look like there might be some good news in all of this. As good news as it could be, considering the area they were in.

Her eyes would glaze over with worry again though, as she looked at the possessed filly, and what she were writing on the wall. It seemed like nopony had been able to get out of Autumn's grasp, no matter the age. Ancestors be willing, they'd soon be free.

"We got to move on, and find their house. I think it's vital at this poi- Huh?"

On 8/3/2020 at 2:12 AM, Windy Breeze đŸ„§ said:

A was laying beside Sorrow. If read, it says the names and shows pictures of ten ponies and one griffon. Autumn was among them and has a large X drawn on her picture along with the others.

Sorrow had been about to move, when she both felt and heard paper, and looked down to found that she had stumbled upon a... Oh dear, merciful Celestia, what sick minds had run this place?

She'd pick up the list, looking physically ill, and turned it so that Windy could see it properly.

"...This is a hit list, isn't it? And everypony on it, is... They're probably dead too, yes?"

========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 8/3/2020 at 12:09 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I think you’ll give me and Sen something to look out for,” Lin smiled as she approached Omen to give her a pat on the back. “That kind of skill out in the field? You’ll be keeping us on our toes and our senses sharp! Don't go easy on us, alright?”

"Okay."

Omen were not an aggressive pony, but this seemed to be harmless fun. Like when they played tag back in her home realm, which tended to be a much loved game for the gloppy, unformed ones especially. You'd think it were hard, but due to them being able to smell the life energy properly, they actually could distinguish between one another, and do a proper game of this. One that didn't involve limbs, which were useful, seeing at the most solid thing of them, were their eyes. And even that were somewhat malleable.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:09 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Thank you for your kind words. We’ll be off to get ready!”

Lin then turned to Rosa and Omen, offering an outstretched claw. Sen would soon join in, placing his claw on top of his sister’s.

“May fortune favor your skill, and may the best of us win!”

Rosa would follow troop, and pick another direction that he'd then quickly run down, whereas Omen's tactic were about what could be expected. That being that she would just keep wandering calmly forward, and as the first junction, would tur to the right.

After the thirty seconds had started, they'd know that their equipment were turned on, by a bell sound going through the maze, and Night's voice following a second after it had gone silent.

"Your fifteen minutes starts now. Good luck, competitors!"

Also, there'd be a small, extra buzz coming from it for a moment for all of them, as the point system reset. Now, they'd have fifteen minutes to fight for points. May the best creature win.

Rosa would not wait around for the others to find him, as he assumed that they were setting up camp somewhere, or at least that Lin were. As such he'd crawl up to the ceiling of the maze, and move across the side of the hedge, just below it. It would provide him a height advantage that might come in handy, and the ability to more safely ambush others. Such as Omen, whom he considered to be easy prey to start with, and were one that he'd have his fun with, when eventually he reached her. For the time being though, he'd keep crawling further in, crawling along with surprising agility, coming from years of crawling other things. Mainly vents, and scaling cliffs, where flying would get him spotted too easily.

Turns out he had found at least one avenue, where his spy training would come in handy, in a purely entertainment value, sort of way.

He'd go right at the first twist, and look around the corner to see if he could spot someone. A pity for them, that beyond his training, he also had good night vision. A boon of the thestral race, or in some cases, a curse. Depended on the situation, though certainly helpful here.

As for omen, she'd just wander methodically, and slowly forward, making her way towards where Sen currently were, though if another got closer, she'd change direction to go for them instead. Yet she weren't running anywhere, so there were still time to avoid her, or try to get the jump on her.

As for Sen and Lin, they'd find that at random intervals, there were holes in the maze walls, minor areas that seemed to be best described as makeshift forts, that one could hide in, or try to shoot from. As well as the occasional blanket of leaves covering a path, and making it seem like an inaccessible wall, just to add to the confusion of the place. Also, to add some places for a few ambush chasers to hide near, until they heard steps in the dirt.

There'd also be sort of spring traps. It wouldn't trap you in a hole to fall into it, but hidden underneath the dirt, you could occasionally be unlucky and stumble over a layer of slippery, glass-like substance. A bit of fun in her opinion, that added some minor variety, though she didn't use it a lot. In the purple section, there were only one such place, covering an area about the length of three Sen's, laid out from tail to snout. Something which could be taken advantage off, if you were for example, a skilled trapper. Just as a fort might do well for those who might do better in waiting for an ambush, rather than chasing others.

@Blitz Boom

Windy takes a closer look at the paper to make sure she wasn't seeing things. Her face had contorted into sympathy “I hope they aren't” she took notice of the only griffon the list, who was slightly concealed by a large green check. She immediately recognize him “Wait a minute, isn't that?”

“Come to play with me?” Windy was interrupted by the filly, now looking at them with malice and hatred “I could give you both the most 'greatest game' you'll ever experience” the possessed filly went into a fighting stance, her grin stretching almost all the way to her ears. Windy took a step back. 

@Blitz Boom

Pringle climbed on Anomaly and coughed up a plastic ring that Lucid won at an arcade once.

"I've been looking for that ring!"

"Propose please."

"Okay, okay. Marry me please."

"Since you asked nicely."

Pringle stood on Anomaly's head, giving a usual blank stare.

@Blitz Boom
Shades presence alerted Skall, he turned to him as his form distorted, Shade would see Skall cycle through many faces, searching his mind for something to throw him off, perhaps someone he lost or a family member who passed away

Rose grinned watching this display, standing up and extending her wings, flapping them towards Skall, sending a burst of knives towards his location.
Before he could land on anyone, he turned to Rose, erupting a wall of stone to stop the blades, and grabbing Shade's knife in his claw, not bothered by how he grabbed the blade.

"Oh, Shade..."
He grinned as he looked towards him, his teeth seeming to multiply, his wings tearing as he expanded once more, attempting to strike fear into Shade, his claws now taking Shade's entire leg in their grasp.
"Why don't you open your mind up, let me see who hurts you most perhaps?!"

He started sending metal chains at Shade, striking the ground with loud cracks

==============================

Chariot chuckled to himself. "Opal can't cause too much trouble without being stopped, I'd be more worried about who will come after the elements than her."
He then went upstairs to bring Sapphire back down, bringing down her element.
"Where should I put this?"