Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Sen would make the first move out of his corner and darted about, running in a serpentine motion and jumping in and out of the darkened bends when the buzzer rang. He’d be careful with his movements, quickly tiptoeing around when he started making too much noise until the longma nearly slipped on something he couldn’t identify. Shrugging it off as a slippery floor, he move to a corner to watch an open path before him.

Lin, in the meantime, got comfy in her little corner, finding each possible point of entry and keeping her eyes trained on them. She’d occasionally peek out of the corner to see if anyone was near, and when she was sure of her safety, she’d move to another spot while faking some loud footsteps. Her shooter was trained at the entrances of her little hiding spot, awaiting someone to move past. The darkest recesses of the room were her habitat; she survived with this method once in the real world and she will use it once more. 

That was, until Lin started moving out of her spot and noticed the sounds of someone walking near her. A dark streak moved past the corner of her vision, and she soon found herself stalking her first target. She was no good with a moving shot, but she kept her distance and her silence, one digit on the trigger and ready to let it loose. 

I see you… Lin thought to herself. All I need is an opening…

As for Sen, he was in a more uneventful spot, waiting for almost two minutes with no sign of activity. The temptation to move out was growing stronger but he hesitated. What he had before him was an opportunity, and he would rather have someone else make the first mistake before he’d strike. 

@Sekel and of course, the Threadmaster as well!

"Oh, Kluge Town is a bustling port past the wide hot desert. It's, ah...... west of Canterlot, I think? A day or so walk away but I can't say so myself. It can be hard to determine how long a journey takes when you cut away so suddenly from the drama that do so tends to happen in big cities. But irregardless, its a town built on cutting deals. D-depending on how cutting you want your deals to be of course. It does have a reputation for being able to get you whatever you might require and that's somewhat of what I mean.

The Cephalli family isn't so worried about our own perseverance. Moreover the safety of what ecosystem we happen to be in. I, uh, find its best to keep one's footprint to a minimum. I do feel we can defend ourselves if it is needed"

Blither might have been the slightest in stature of all the family to where one could have easily suspected him to be among the youngest; but he had been around longer than any of them. He had still be around back in the baby hatchling days when a hydra was not much more identifiable than any other small snake of the forest. He had been preyed on by larger animals, been there when the Chaos Wave had hit them, been around the multiple times somepony had been sent out to ram a lance through their chest to slay the giant reptile that had been eating the countryside and the town didn't care to talk things out first before settling the needs the nearest village had. Cooperation was important to Blither. He had seen more than anybeing what happened when you didn't.

Besides, one of those "footprints" was deeply imprinted to this day outside that small fishing town they had first lived in that loudly proclaimed with all obviousness that a hydra had ransacked this town. The imprint of a squashed pony villager in its center didn't help prove that they got along all that well either.

"We can't 'leave our own lives'."

Shortstack flatly shot back to Chop in a manner devoid of expression that he was trying to intimidate like he usually did. The fact that he wasn't emphasizing his usual aggressive tone and accent, face sunken in seriousness, spoke that this was something he had dwelt on for a very long time. It was one of a great deal of things that got on Shortstack's nerves. Like the rest of the family, they had all taken to various genres of books in the sessions of reading time they had together curled up in that abandoned, broken library. (They did have to carve a hole big enough to get into the library in the first place. A bit of an open-air library after Gallimaufry had gotten there.) Shortstack had wanted to be the warrior leading the charge, the brave barbarian or courageous knight that led his own path and had others follow in his example, a real paragon of virtue and pride to others..... but no, he was born welded onto the side of the rest of this "family." A point of contention he had made frequently clear to the family.

"We're ah bit Inseparable."

Sunny had kind of checked out, deep in her own thought. It was her stance that you had to make best of what you found yourself in, whether or not you understood your surroundings. Friendship & Smiling was all you needed. Dealing with your deep seated emotions dredged up more, it was best to be happy in the face of troubles. She had been the one sibling to really latch onto pony culture. Declaratively, she spoke out loud, mostly to herself.

"You know what this place needs?~ Streamers! I love batting my head into them!"

Shortstack, and likely Chop let this comment slide, as Stackie had clearly sat on a nerve. "Trust me, I've tried. We ain't allowed to have our ow-"

On 7/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, Blitz Boom said:

One would aim at Shortstack - specifically his head - thinking him an easy meal, whilst the other would go for Stare. The second one mentioned wouldn't get a chance though, as Chop would hold a hoof in the way, causing the tongue to get a grip on him,

Which, fortunately enough, didn't seem to lay much pressure or harm on Chop. For both Toadlings now stood deathly still, a sheath of light blue magics covering them like the usual levitation spell most unicorns had, but a denser obscuring overlay as if both had been frozen solid with their eyes widened in surprise.

Magic did offer a very wide and quick range of response.

Both Toadlings started to gently float off the floor like heavy balloons, their tongues still stuck in midair. Surprised by this, Sunny and Shortstack wandered over to where Scarcity, Dazzle and Blither stood close by the front door. Grumbling about having not been able to land the first blow, Shortstack casually stomped on the toadling tongue that had been about to hit him in the face and snapped it off like an icicle. Had anypony been watching that close moment, it would have surely seemed like the tongue had penetrated Shortstack's head, though he was clearly none the worse if that had been the case.

Blither stood calmly from where he stood still by Scarcity, Dazzle's and Long Stare's side, his horn lit up with not much more effort than your unicorn's usual effort into levitating a drinking cup. 

"Shortstack! You're not supposed to break limbs off citizens! Though I suppose that was rather rude of them to barge in like that. Are these two locals of around here? Is this usual behavior of Ponyville or is some modicum of reprimand required?"

He asked of Scarcity and Dazzle, assuming them to be knowledgeable about local ongoings. Sunny Flush, quizzically went up to the now fully immobile toad creatures to squint and poke them with a hoof over their roughly same sized head.

"They sure don' look like they from 'round here. They sure acted like they wanna hurted us. Goshahowdy, I dun think like we probably done eat one of these things before back in the swamp forests. 

...sh- should we stomp 'em? Um, Should I do it?"

From behind Sunny, her large hoof poised over one as one would stomp a bug, Shortstack sat hunched and excited at the prospect of asserting dominance over something intending to be a threat. He panted; "Yes, *D-heh* Do it. Kill 'em."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Pastel Heart & @Blitz Boom

Indeed he had.

From behind where Pastel & Jelly now were in their attempts to defend themselves, Slimpsy reappeared as if suddenly deciding to re-exist in this situation. Calm in spite of the situation, he gave them a reluctant pout as if he had, and very likely did, come to a very quick, sudden, second guess that maybe disobeying the local head of law enforcement outweighed his fear of toads.

"Uh. If you two want to grab ahold. I'll take you. I'd be fine what with you touching me this time.

This is kind of why I say surviving in this world is hard. Random encounters like this."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"But unto what whit doth be thine 'Covefe' that you speak of, Milady? Of what use doth mineself have for the boiled reproductive parts of plantlife do I? I have no need for sustenance the kind of which you speak of. I require no abatement of hunger qualms nor doth I seek much enjoyment of flavored liquid with which to pour into my oral orifice. I see no need for me to utilize my facial orifice at your behest."

But one part of that, did catch Monolith's attention, his yellow eyes that shined like some sort of freshly polished gemstone turned down at the maid mare across the bar glinting as his head descended as if in final acceptance in the face of curiosity at one word he was familiar with. Succinct for once, with a lower tone more of asking than declaring plotpoints in an adventure, he asked in a much more acquiring manner.

"Tea? ...I like Tea."

And some steps away, something else was sparking.

"Oh, I'll accept your entire package!"

Flit Cephalli shot a grin at Alonsus the likes of which metaphorically spoke of being familiar with eating a certain something inclined to evaluate the sense of humor Flit obviously had.

"Offerin' ta Take is still an offer! One way o' another, ya gonna be inconveniencing everybeing anyhow. Ya can't just lay belly up an' avoid everythin'. Best tae go wit' your first impulse, anythin' less is keepin yeh from livin'. You bet I'd take being forced upon!"

Hydra were, effectively speaking, immortal. Like a tree. Like some finely tuned piece of organic machinery that could blow up if you stuck a wrench in precisely the wrong place. The fact that none of them could technically die, had hit each differently. Flit had been the first to grow out after the magic had hit their body and in spite of that, their spawnling childhood had gone the way most young hydras did in their young Runespoor stages. Namely, frequent self-maulings.

The first few years living with Shortstack had been alot of fighting. A lot of bruising, bites, wounds. It wasn't unusual for hydras to "prune" themselves when their growth took a turn that didn't coexist well with the whole but in this case, Blither had helped sort out that hurting each other and their self wasn't a way to live. Sure, once they had gotten their ponyform bodies that came right back up but it was sufficed to say that Flit wasn't a stranger to pain. A hydra needed to learn how to deal with losing parts of themselves and even losing their sentience for a while when their head got cut or bitten off. It wasn't that Flit ignored consequences, but that he was rather fearless. You had to take the negative too and have fun with it. If you talking got you a hoof to the side of the face, then that was okay. That was part of the game and how you knew you were still playing. If you didn't get a bad reaction, then you kept playing until you did. Anything that happened was okay; especially when dying was off the table. Flit had learned to enjoy alot of what surprises life would throw at you.

Like projectile slime.

Flit had turned to see the frogbeast enter like some sort of sticky grenade. He had seen it fire at him and made no effort to dodge at all. And he hadn't flinched either when its tongue hit and wrapped him.

"Ooh! Goo! That's fun!"

Flit smiled again, which most would agree would be a good way to get frog slime in your mouth. But this hydra had lived in deep forest and swamps before and frogs were kind of a major snack for a swamp-dwelling predator like a hydra. You didn't get very far if you didn't know how to compete with other wild animals. 
Flit reared back, his scarlet mane flicking back like the hood of a snake rearing to strike.... and likely flicking slime onto Straw Hat. Using the tight grip of the beast's tongue, he yanked it hard on his rather noodly neck and Yo-Yo'd the little frogling towards his expanding muzzle where it balled up, stuck between Flit's small, but sharp teeth wedging it firmly there. Dinner shouldn't escape that easily, after all.

"Brother, doth not be tormenting thy your prey. If needed, then end it." Monolith stated from where he was, not bothering to turn around and notice what had changed. It seems he had all the information he needed from hearing it happen.

Flit stood in the center of the room now, dripping with zhe goo and a struggling swamp creature firmly trapped in his unhinged jaw, giggling hysterically at this turn of events.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
@Sekel

"I've said before, you have to take advantage of what you can living out in the wilds by your own." Kaltrop said proudly. "Most lone horses on the road will do whatever an accosting dragon tells them if it means getting away alive! If that means forfeiting their cargo to me to cross MY bridge... or, uh, anything else I fancy, then it is only fair game to me. The law can't blame me for maulings on my territory.  ...a-and I certainly have won my fair amount of fights with ponies." Kaltrop lied.

From where he stood in a pony's kitchen, he sure didn't seem all that active. Most dragons, despite their bragging, needed to be ambush predators the larger they got. It kind of got very easy to avoid a dragon the size of a wagon cart or big enough for his snoring to blot out the sky. It was why most dragons depended on gems for food. They didn't run. ...besides, gems were basically healthy candy in Equestria.   For some inexplicable reason.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Catpone Cerberus

The little pink fairy ball of light bobbed along side Cerberus as they travelled.

You bought it from some inane, sparkly salespony in a suspicious cave. I think most would find that a Little Suspect. 

Besides, it can depend on the material being blown up. Depending on if the surface is cracked already or made of some different looking material than what's nearby, likely some softer stuff. I wouldn't know, I'm no expert on rock or dirt.  ...I barely make contact with the ground as it is.

After all, I can't imagine how much help this one tool could be. We're pretty high up on these bluffs to where not much could block our path.

The map reappeared, poofidly. And it floated over, open, to show Cerberus.

And the Golden Muffin McGuffin (name patent pending!) appears to be on a tall, rocky spire alongside the cliffside we're traveling on. We would need some way of a long jump to get across.

... And. ...To be fair. I can't honestly tell you what The Golden Muffin even does. I barely remember it. Like it was something from a long time ago in my life. I can't even tell you WHY i'm a bobbing ball of light. The fairy said in a sad, thoughtful way.

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows

Skall would find that the only face which would cause Shade pause, were that of an elderly mare. Though one whom age had been kind to.

Her mane were pale-blue, with a single, wide streak of white going from her forehead, to around the center of her back, a little right of the center of her mane, where it ended up tied into a skull that laid on her back. Seemingly a large, avian one, that glowed with a slight, pale flame.

The end of her mane were tied up with skulls of other creatures too, that hung from the side of her head, yet these streaks only went to around her neck in length, and were of smaller sizes than the larger one on her back. They were seemingly of critters of varying kinds, from rat, to eagle, and so forth. And on her forehead, placed in a way that kept other hair from wandering in and blocking her view, were a wide one. From the looks of it, a drake skull, to be exact, with a hole in it for the mare's horn to pass unhindered through. An unusual decoration to say the least, but the mare were in general, unusual.

From head to hooves, she were wearing a darkened black and purple robe, with a large hood hanging down her back. It were not loose though, like you'd see on a cultist, but rather form firm and clearly not just bought from any regular shop. This were custom tailored. And if the form didn't show that enough, the fact that on the right side, it carried a saddlebag that were adorned with a symbol that looked like a scythe with a half-burned, lit candle balancing on top of the blade, should tell you. This were not something regular ponies wandered with. And neither were the scythe that laid folded down her left side.

She looked as if she meant business. From the way she dressed, to the steely gaze in her clear, silvery eyes, this were a mare you did not trifle with, and it were one that made Shade pause for the second it would take to deflect his strike.

As for the blade itself, Skall could grab it, though he might find that the grip would start to go painful. What with the sharpness of the blade and all. Though as Shade began pouring necrotic energy in it, that would also likely not help things. Pain curses were such annoying things to let into your system, so it would likely be wise to let go of this soon. And by extend, Shade, who did not seem to fear Skall in the slightest, as he began his illusions. In fact, his eye simply narrowed.

"Your illusions won't save you from me, Drake. I don't fear your tricks, but I will make sure that you will mine."

Whilst he said his demeaning insult to Skall - as calling a dragons a drake, tended to be something they saw as a great insult normally, due to an unflattering comparison - The metal would perhaps impact him, or the wall he were halfway through, but they would find no hold in anything but the rocks, and a substance akin to thick swamp muck. There were no flesh or blood to strike here. Maybe due to the magic that had him halfway in this shadowy form?

His eye would glow bright, with cracks forming, as the three guards who had been protecting what were clearly not an innocent bystander, twitched, and fell to the ground unconscious, before three shadowy representations rose from their form, seemingly wearing the same attire all of his squad had on. They'd attempt to strike at Skall from the other angle, whilst the spirit hissed in her weak, mostly powerless voice.

"Hsssss. What is a necromancer doing here?"

As for searching for fears, or somepony who had hurt them... The squad would be unaffected by this, whilst Shade himself, would do his best to keep the mongrel out of his head, with his own, mental resolve, yet if Skall were strong enough, he'd find that three faces kept showing up. The elderly mare, as well as two ponies that looked like they might be twins. A mare, and an effeminate stallion, whom would make Shade's eye flare with anger to be faced with.

================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"She might not be an issue, but the spirit would be. And if she's too eager to use the gem, it will likely overtake her."

After saying her piece, and letting Chariot go to find Sapphire, she would wander over and take a piece of cloth away from another cauldron. This one, a fair bit larger, and filled with cleaned, purified bones. Those of Sapphire, that had been dug up, and purified not too long ago, in preparation for this day. As were the bags of blood, resting in a cooler box next to it. A thing she still had a hard time grasping, but if it worked, who were she to complain? It beat the alternative way of gaining the twenty liters of fresh blood.

She'd be done inspecting some runes on the floor, once Chariot showed up, and would nod before facing him.

"Everything is in order. Let the element float above the runic circle. In mere minutes, it will be time to begin the process, general or not. We do not have the time for further delays, it would seem, so we may as well begin the first process, and tear her soul into a more fitting object. It lessens the risk that the spirit in the element, will instead be reborn in her being."

A few things would float closer, including a small cage with a squirrel inside. A sacrifice needed for the process, due to the place that Sapphire had stuck herself into, but a needed one. As were the large, clear gem, that would host her sister, and leave her vulnerable. The point were it would show if Emerald would keep her word, or betray her, at the one point where she might be able to kill her sister off for good, or use her as a power source for something more important.

================================================================

@Windy Breeze 🥧

Sorrow wasn't sure who she were talking about, and they were interrupted before the big reveal, by the possessed filly. It appeared they had gotten her attention. And from the way she looked and talked, not in a way Sorrow felt good about. Not a single bit.

"Nope! Nope nope, nuh-uh. Nope!"

Sorrow wouldn't tick around for more than that, before spreading her wings and flying up and away, aiming to get out of the striking range of the filly, which seemed to have a want to fight them. Which she most certainly, did not share. For starters, it would draw attention, but beyond that, this were an innocent filly, being used as a puppet. She couldn't feel right about hitting a foal like this. It wasn't her fault what were going on after all, and just... It was a foal, okay? She wasn't gonna hit a youngling like that, regardless of race, if there were any other option. And right now, running away/flying out of her reach, seemed as good a way of avoiding that as any.

==================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Heey, what's he doing on My head? Weren't we like, arch rivals or something?

...Eh, whatever. It was getting boring anyway. Here you go Pringle, I made this just for you!"

With that, she'd snap her tail, and a cricket the size of a princess popped into existence, right in front of them, and looked down on Pringle with narrowed eyes. The chittering seemed to indicate it were not fond of him already, but what did the opinion of lunch matter? Pringle could do the whole size change thing now, after the deal that had been made that caused Anomaly to change him up a bit, so it should be fine. Or wait, did that go through? ergh... Maybe? Whatever, even if not, snacky time, for either of them.

Rose on the other hand,. would be halfway through her pickle, when she saw the plastic ring, and started to growl at it from a distance.

"Plastic is evil, fake stuff! Give her a real ring, made og bone and stuff. Prey parts totally means love."

====================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

On 8/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, Widdershins said:

"Oh, Kluge Town is a bustling port past the wide hot desert. It's, ah...... west of Canterlot, I think? A day or so walk away but I can't say so myself. It can be hard to determine how long a journey takes when you cut away so suddenly from the drama that do so tends to happen in big cities. But irregardless, its a town built on cutting deals. D-depending on how cutting you want your deals to be of course. It does have a reputation for being able to get you whatever you might require and that's somewhat of what I mean.

The Cephalli family isn't so worried about our own perseverance. Moreover the safety of what ecosystem we happen to be in. I, uh, find its best to keep one's footprint to a minimum. I do feel we can defend ourselves if it is needed"

Scarcity had a small, delighted laughter as the location of Kluge town were mentioned, but awaited Blither to be done talking, before saying anything. One should show some degree of politeness after all, yes?

"I know of the place, though those whom I know who traverses the area, refer to it as Scumville. A seedy underbelly of a place, devoid of concepts such as standards or ethics, which I have never found much reason, nor want, to go and examine myself. I know mostly of it through some friends of mine, who passes through every now and again. As you can hear, their impressions of the place, are not flattering."

Well, friends were perhaps saying so much. More like well paid assets, who helped her gather promising leads on items not easily found, even on the black market, or in regards to creatures attempting to hide. Scumville - as she had been told it were named, by a disgruntled griffon - were a place one could at times find what she sought, or at least somepony who might know something, or somepony else Long as you had coin, proper protection, and didn't show weakness, it were seemingly a resourceful enough place at times. Though not one she had wanted to stain her hooves with. Perhaps now though, with this peculiar family having been there... Perhaps it were time to change that. Though of course, not before she prepared proper protection. So she'd need about an hour of preparation time, and a visit to a few associates, just in case. She trusted her life to Brick fully, but it could not hurt showing up with a few more in line, just to make herself seem scared and paranoid of the locals. Ah, mind games was such fun at times.

"Regardless, it is good to hear that you made it safely away from that place. It is hardly a place for intellectuals such as yourself. Unless of course you had somethi-"

And that was about when the toad things entered, and began their unseemly actions, which interrupted her. How annoying.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, Sekel said:

"These aren't normal," Dazzle said cautiously as she eyed the frog-like creature still standing. She flicked her gaze between the frog and Shortstack and inwardly groaned at the possibility of actually saving him. The kind of frogs she  was used to dealing with staying in Boggy Bottom Swamp and like to stay within the murky depths. Maybe some yelling would work? "Oi Froggy, I'm talking to you! That pony you're eyeing up tastes like spoiled meat and rotten wood! Come and get me instead!"

The frog creature not grabbing on to Chop, would have its eyes dart towards the one yelling at it, and would narrow it's iris at Dazzle. She would be the next one to be eaten, though before it had the chance to do anything about it, the magical freeze float would happen, trapping both it and its sibling, before they could make their way towards their intended targets.

"We're ah bit Inseparable."

Sunny had kind of checked out, deep in her own thought. It was her stance that you had to make best of what you found yourself in, whether or not you understood your surroundings. Friendship & Smiling was all you needed. Dealing with your deep seated emotions dredged up more, it was best to be happy in the face of troubles. She had been the one sibling to really latch onto pony culture. Declaratively, she spoke out loud, mostly to herself.

"You know what this place needs?~ Streamers! I love batting my head into them!"

Shortstack, and likely Chop let this comment slide, as Stackie had clearly sat on a nerve. "Trust me, I've tried. We ain't allowed to have our ow-"

The stance on them being annoying, went on to Chop as well, though due to Blither's intervention, his injuries would not be as he had thought they might, with the beating he had prepared for the one that were latched on to him. However, it standing still did not mean that he did not intent to do something about it. Just had to wait for the right time to act...

"Shortstack! You're not supposed to break limbs off citizens! Though I suppose that was rather rude of them to barge in like that. Are these two locals of around here? Is this usual behavior of Ponyville or is some modicum of reprimand required?"

"While I am not local, I do know enough of the local wildlife to say that these are not local. Nor are they natural based, as you can see by their extreme mutations, and the fact that it appears this creature is growing by the second. I am not one for suggesting cleansing a race of creatures from an area, but might I suggest that we simply capture and study them?"

She made a fair point, and would wish to not have to deal with the direct destruction of these yet, as she wanted to study them somewhat. However, seeing how the tongue had gotten stuck, and that Shortstack proved that the beings were frozen, though still growing slightly, that wish would be null. The reason being that Chop would rip his hoof away from the tongue, shattering the end piece, then take a couple of steps ahead, and hammer his right front hoof, into the toadling that had gotten stuck on him. Either it would send the creature into a wall, or shatter it.

Regardless of what happened, Chop would shake the rest of the pieces off his hoof, and half growl at the other other one.

"They're not local, they're hunting ponies, and they're growing far too quickly. It's not worth the risk."

"*sigh* I suppose you have a point, yet it still seems like a waste."

Another would enter the room, trying to see why the others of its kind had stopped making sound, and this one, Scarcity would take. Quickly as could be, she'd have it wrapped up in a string of magical threads, before it got thrown into a cloth bag she summoned, which then vanished. It frankly looked as if it were imploding as it did so, though with no remnant, it would seem unlikely that it had caused a destructive force like this, and more that it were a teleport spell with a flare. She even played it off theatrically, by swirling her hoof as things happened, regardless of it being needed or not, as it were her horn alone that did the real actions.

"Just in case something goes amiss, we have one which can be examined at a later stage."

"Uhm... Where did you send it?"

"A friend whom are quite able to taming animals. The dear have been itching for a challenge for so long, so this should entertain him. Worst case, he will do the same as our dear Chop here have done, and we are merely at the same place as before, with pieces to examine. Though that does remind me- Mr. Stack, would you do the honor and dispose of this unseemly thing?"

Chop would move closer to Dazzle and Stare, feeling as if it were better if he were closer to keep them safe, if more of these things came about. It did make Stare feel safer indeed, yet at the same time, she did want to acknowledge that he wasn't the only one, whom had tried to keep her safe.

"Thank you for trying to hep, Dazzle. Whatever these things are, they don't seem friendly, and I'm not a good fighter."

"They're invasive and aggressive. I'm not letting them get anywhere near you. Thinking Shortstack's the same with it getting near Sunny. Right?"

He'd be looking at Shortstack as he said this, regardless of what he were doing at the time.

==============================================================================================

@Widdershins

"Tea? ...I like Tea."

"I know just the right sort for you. It's my own blend, so you know it's gonna be good."

Alright, she didn't expect this one to be a tea drinker, but it did kinda make it easier. Tea drinkers liked calm, warm drinks, and not all the fuzz and fancy of the coffee variants. Less entertaining in her opinion, but hey, to each their own, right? And it did allow her to go ahead with a fun mix of her own. Nothing major really, but it did contain a mixture of five berries, that blended into a nice, mellow taste of the forest. She hadn't had a complaint yet, so it were statistically good, even if tea wasn't a big seller here.

She'd just about turn around and prepare pour up some water, whilst Alonsus had to bear witness to one of Flit's less admirable sides, in the eyes of Berry at least.

"Oh, I'll accept your entire package!"

Flit Cephalli shot a grin at Alonsus the likes of which metaphorically spoke of being familiar with eating a certain something inclined to evaluate the sense of humor Flit obviously had.

Alonsus would give a couple of confused blinks, then suddenly go into a large grin, and going over to patting Flit on the back with a strong hoof, if he could, whilst the grin turned into a deep laugh.

"You are a strange one, Flit, but Alonsus enjoys your sense of humor. Crude, yet biting, and with a great sense of timing. Whilst my heart only yearns for a mare, perhaps I could make room in my life, for a peculiar friend."

He had not heard this sort of humor since he had been in the gang, and whilst Flit were a... Detestable pony in some ways, he could not add a bad sense of humor on that list. More like an acquired taste, if anything.

Flit smiled again, which most would agree would be a good way to get frog slime in your mouth. But this hydra had lived in deep forest and swamps before and frogs were kind of a major snack for a swamp-dwelling predator like a hydra. You didn't get very far if you didn't know how to compete with other wild animals. 
Flit reared back, his scarlet mane flicking back like the hood of a snake rearing to strike.... and likely flicking slime onto Straw Hat. Using the tight grip of the beast's tongue, he yanked it hard on his rather noodly neck and Yo-Yo'd the little frogling towards his expanding muzzle where it balled up, stuck between Flit's small, but sharp teeth wedging it firmly there. Dinner shouldn't escape that easily, after all.

"Brother, doth not be tormenting thy your prey. If needed, then end it." Monolith stated from where he was, not bothering to turn around and notice what had changed. It seems he had all the information he needed from hearing it happen.

Flit stood in the center of the room now, dripping with zhe goo and a struggling swamp creature firmly trapped in his unhinged jaw, giggling hysterically at this turn of events.

The universe seemed to have a sick sense of humor, it appeared, to have sent this creature in at that particular time. Doubly so when they saw the way that Flit dealt with the creature, which managed to give out a surprised half-croak, before getting showed into the muzzle of what it thought were it's prey, rather than the other way around.

Or rather, most of them saw it as it unfolded. Hard not to look really, unless you were Straw, who were busy trying to clean the goo off of his head. It were annoying, gross stuff, but it at least didn't seem as if it were melting him. That were a plus.

"..I appear to stand corrected. That is clearly not the action of a pony, nor changeling, so I cannot say for sure what exactly you are, to find this creature edible. Nor how your jaw can unhinge that way. It confuses Alonsus, but I suppose, a good thing that it did not bring harm to you instead?".

He might want to eat the wriggling thing soon though, as it would keep growing until it died, and rather quickly too. Flit's current form might not be able to deal with this for much longer. Though if he could, he could wait a little and try to get a bigger lunch, regardless of the fact that the creature were spewing more goo down his gullet, and slamming its tongue around as best it could, to get free. The goo would run out soon though. It weren't limitless in its storage of this.

"*gasp* The Conspiracy's here, and they let out one of their experiments to destroy Ponyville! They've finally come to finish the job!"

Berry would throw herself under the counter, and try her best to hide herself, from what were surely a full scale attack from The Conspiracy. They must know she were getting close after all, and instead of just taking her out, they'd sack Ponyville, in *a random monster attack*. Just when the princess weren't in town. There were no way this were a coincidence! Ponyville were about to be eradicated.

"Or it is just a new monster, lurking out of the forest. We've had a number of oddities show in recent days, so this may well just be another of them. And really, there is only this one of them, I don't think we need to worry."

The far larger croak outside though, along with seeing three more of these things roam down the street, chasing ponies, made him cringe however.

"...Perhaps it is more severe than I first thought. We may have to take some action, if you three are up for it, Flit, Alonsus and Monolith? I fear this is't a problem one can just ignore, though I'm afraid your tea might have to wait until afterwards, Monolith. You have my word that we will see to it, soon as we can though. Perhaps once Berry have stopped panicking, she will handle it, and come to present you with a cup, though for the time being, it seems as if we have to go."

"Protect home, and rescue the citizens from dangerous monsters? Alonsus shall be there!"

This were just the sort of heroics he kept reading about, and now he had the chance to make the books a reality. With himself as one of the heroes. How could he let such a chance pass by, when it were practically gift-wrapped for them?

=================================================================================

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

"Uh. If you two want to grab ahold. I'll take you. I'd be fine what with you touching me this time.

This is kind of why I say surviving in this world is hard. Random encounters like this."

Jelly were none too happy about leaving her dad behind here, but he had given her an order, and she had to listen to that, when he used that particular tone. She knew it meant that this were something really serious. As if the large monster didn't already prove that. So she'd hang on to the offered wing, and looked back at her dad with worry in her eyes.

"Please come home soon, daddy..."

Usually she weren't worried about him, since he were a big, strong guard. But this was a reeeeally big monster, that spawned smaller monsters, and she wasn't blind to the fact that her father wasn't at the top of his game these days. He were overworked, stressed out, and tired. How much exactly, she couldn't tell, but she knew for a fact that he wasn't sleeping enough at least. That didn't make for a good guard, and especially not when attacks like this went on.

...Hopefully he'd come home soon.

Things would not be better though, what with them being chases, once they eventually got on the run. And they would do, even if she had to grab Pastel and force her to stay in one wing with her, though hopefully it would be enough that she had been told to take off, and the others seemed more than willing to get away, and fast.

It were unlikely that the things could catch Slimpsy, as well as any of the ones who'd launch towards him from the sides down the streets would, but man, it were just chaos everywhere right now. Carts overturned, random ponies being dragged off by some of the creatures, scraping against the ground to stay there, whilst others did theirs to try and get them lose, and protect themselves... Last Stand had been right. This place needed proper emergency cellars, and hidden pathways out of town. Right now, even hiding in their houses wouldn't be enough in the long run, for the citizens of Ponyville.

Seriously, why did anypony live here?

=============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 8/5/2020 at 4:03 PM, EQ_Theta said:

That was, until Lin started moving out of her spot and noticed the sounds of someone walking near her. A dark streak moved past the corner of her vision, and she soon found herself stalking her first target. She was no good with a moving shot, but she kept her distance and her silence, one digit on the trigger and ready to let it loose. 

I see you… Lin thought to herself. All I need is an opening…

Out of nowhere, a ball of light would fly in her direction, aimed towards roughly her chest area, whilst the sound of calm steps moving in her direction.

Omen were a player with an advantage in this game that made it hard to sneak up on her, which so far seemingly hadn't been considered by any of them: She were a natural, super-charged bloodhound, and she had all of their smells. If she could find them between worlds, and at distances stretching hundreds, if not thousands of kilometers without issue, this small maze were nothing. In a sense, Omen embodied an old saying when it came to this sort of game.

*You can run, but you can't hide.*

No matter where they hid, she would know they were there. Sneaking up on her wouldn't work, hiding wouldn't keep them from her, which meant that the only way to get out of her reach, were to ensure that you ran away, as she were still walking around calmly. Or be good at dodging, that would work too in these sorts of games, and that is one thing that Omen would be bad at. At least at first, whilst she were observing how others dealt with things, whilst she just walked and shot at her friends. One of whom were very close to her, and two others that were closing in on one another.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:03 PM, EQ_Theta said:

As for Sen, he was in a more uneventful spot, waiting for almost two minutes with no sign of activity. The temptation to move out was growing stronger but he hesitated. What he had before him was an opportunity, and he would rather have someone else make the first mistake before he’d strike. 

Rosa were wandering up in the corner, about to cross a section of the playing field, until he noticed something going on on the ground below, which brought him down. A section of the area, revealing a slippery under layer, proving that someone had wandered through here, and almost slipped. It seemed he almost had his first target in sight then.

That, or he'd be the one that were first on the chopping block here, in case Sen were looking over this place, as his trap area. A sneaky move that Rosa could respect, and tone that would force him to fly upwards to try and avoid, since travelling on the slippery floor area were not wise.

Of course, he could use it to glide to the side and avoid a hit that way too, but this were not a desperate situation yet, and he did not know what were on the floor exactly. It might be sticky, and prevent him from using his wings for the rest of the game.

If not, then Rosa would follow the trail, using his heightened position, and would wander on until he spotted Sen. At which point, he'd shoot, then jump down and prepare to launch again, soon as he could shoot. Sen were going to make a fun target either way, that much he were sure of.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Windy spread her wings but instead of taking the skies, she flew back just as the filly lunge at her. The filly lifted her head, smiling at the two adults (???), they couldn't see the bits of debris on her faces since most of her is black sans for her eyes and mouth.

“I will bring you down to the grave!” the filly wailed angrily at her. Windy gasped and quickly flew up next to Sorrow.

“We should leave her alone before she can attract unwanted attention” 

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

@Blitz Boom

The lizard grew in size and ate the crick in in one bite. One problem, he grew on top of Anomaly.

"Eh, she'll probably live. And YOU'RE  a plastic ya pixie!"

"Yeah. And you know what we need? A big dangerous threat that we have to stop!"

"Yeah! Maybe a purplle guy with a glove that holds powerful gems."

"Nah, too easy."

"A giant lizard that adapts to everything and is resistant to reality warping?"

"Nah, that would make us over powered if we win, and what's the fun in that?"

"What do you think, Anomaly any fun ideas for a villain?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom

“Oh for… really?!”

Lin reeled back as she felt the slight tingle of her sensors going off, backing off and turning in different directions. Of course, she knew this was still a game and despite already feeling disadvantageous, the longma laughed off the setback to let Omen know she harbored no ill will. However, this ended up having her running off to the other side… or what could be the other side of the playing field. She didn’t really know, what with the disorienting and dim lights. 

Her response was loud enough for Sen to hear, hinting at where Omen probably was. However, he still wouldn’t want to leave his spot, knowing he’d give up his advantage. Frankly though, it was just around this time Lin came running around the corner, unaware of the slippery floor. 

“Whaaa! This is not going well for meeee!”

The longma slid past, clipping her shoulders into corners and moving around. This would have been the perfect opportunity to grab an easy point for Sen if it weren’t for the fact that the noise would’ve already given him away. Sadly, the longma left his hiding spot, carefully avoiding the slippery floor before he caught sight of Rosa. This was his chance, quickly aiming and steadying himself before pulling the trigger.

Sen’s hope for the first point was riding on that shot before he had to scramble away to find another hiding spot. 

(edited)

@Windy Breeze 🥧

"Yes please. I don't wanna risk anything. Maybe if we hurry, we can fly down the street, and try to find Autumn's house? It looked like the memories makes the possessed sorta ignore us, so if we can find another pocket like this again, it could work in keeping us safe. And I bet their house is full of memories. Bad, disturbing memories... *gulp* But we need to be faced with those too, to try and help her."

Unless seeing the most closely kept things, would instead make Autumn fly into an even higher degree of psychotic rage, before pulling the house down over their heads, but uhm... Best to try and think positive about this. There were enough potential, imminent doom here, without her needing to make up more ways it could happen.

Sorrow would follow Windy, as they'd fly and either look for the house, or some other memory pocket that they could intermingle in. Unless Windy did not fly off within the next five or so seconds, in which case she'd take the charge herself, and fly down the street at a fair height, looking for something they could latch on to here. Though in case they got chased at some point, it were just max speed, and look for the closest memory. Didn't matter what it were, long as it could provide them some degree of a breather.

@Lucid_Nightlight

On 8/7/2020 at 6:12 AM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Eh, she'll probably live. And YOU'RE  a plastic ya pixie!"

Rose flew off Anomaly, just before she were flattened by the suddenly larger Pringle, and her pumpkin splattered all over the ground. And at the comment, would turn towards Lucid, flying midair, with her tongue pulled on him.

"I'm a Faerie, not a Pixie, or disgusting plastic thing. Stupid, normal horsie."

As a draconequus offspring, raised in this weird place, calling someone a normal creature were essentially an insult. Which she cemented by waving her fingers, and making a glittery lines in the air write *Normal horsie* over and over again, whilst singing the same two words in a gleeful tone, occasionally adding in a *Na na na na naaaa na*. Clearly a fae child, as a pixie would have just flat out stabbed him with something small, and likely poisonous. They were very direct creatures.

As Lucid and his new fiancee bickered on, Anomaly would slither out from under Pringle, and her flat form would roll up, into a five meter long, snakelike body, striped in yellow and peppermint pink. The *neck* of the creation would hammer into the ground, and a second later, emerge with a new head on, formed like an ice cream cone. With extra worms, wriggling around her cold, vanilla-looking head. And yes, she were quite delicious.

"And super smart! Behold as I summon forth a monster of unfathomable evil!"

Lightning struck in front of her,  as a maniacal cackle escaped Anomaly. All the whilst, the rest would bear witness to the terror she were summoning right in front of her, to terrify and disgust them all.

A bored sandwich delivery stallion, standing with a foot-long and looking them all over with it waving above his head.

"We ran out of mustard and corn beef, so I just used margarine and some soy bacon. It's pretty much the same anyway, right?"

With a large *meep* Anomaly would curl up and roll behind the sleeping Henry, whilst Rose would let out a scream of her own, to the tone of *No mustard? Aaaaah!" before hiding next to her mother. Truly this were a great evil.

Lucid should have maybe specified a bit more, when it came to the sort of evil he wanted to fight. Draconequui standards for evil were pretty questionable.

"Questionable!? Didn't you hear him? He said soy bacon! How much worse can it get?"

"Oh right, I had some soda's for this too. Awh man, I bet they're all warm and flat by now."

The horrified screams of Anomaly and Rose, roared through the air after that. What hero could save them now?

=================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 8/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Oh for… really?!”

"Does that mean I hit?"

Omen wandered around a corner, tongue wrapped around her shooter, which presented her second advantage in this game: She had a several meter long, prehensile tongue. Combine that with her able to tell where the others were, and she were quite literally, able to shoot you around corners.

Of course, she were not perfect. The balls weren't dangerous, so she wouldn't try and dodge them really, and she walked slowly. Things that could be used against her, though for the time being, it seemed as if she had managed to get the first shot, which meant 5 seconds for Lin to reposition herself, before her sensor and shooter came *online* again.

Time that Omen would use to follow her, as she were still the closest one of her friends, and that seemed to her, to be whom she should follow in this game.

Though that didn't last long, as Lin soon crossed into the section where the others were, and fell into the environmental trap on the floor. 

On 8/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Whaaa! This is not going well for meeee!”

Rosa would find himself distracted by Lin coming forth, and would look at her, calculating how far she might get, and shoot at her. He'd miss her sensor by about a hoofs width, but he'd get a chance later again.

And yet, he found himself in a surprise, as his sensor would give off a slight buzz, indicating that he had been hit. Seemed like Sen had picked the perfect time, and used his sister as an effective distraction, to get a shoot in on the bat pony.

Rosa would smirk towards him, but not aiming to run away. Rather, he'd give chase to Sen, and prepare to even the score between them. How long that might take, would depend on whatever or not he'd move away before he himself were hit, about two seconds after shooting at Rosa, as Omen's shot would come in, aiming for his sensor. If she hit or not, she'd then try to hit Rosa, as she thought about the rules, which included a delay between when she could hit someone again, and she wanted to try if she could get him. Which she couldn't, as he'd dodge. But there were time, as she'd calmly begin to walk after him and Sen, leaving Lin currently not chased down. Might give her an edge.

Regardless, Rosa would be ready to shoot at Sen, soon as he had the ability to shoot himself, even if Omen had hit him. It would present a good opportunity for him to see how Sen would react to being shot at, and therefor help him understand how best to function against him in the rest of the game. Of which had only passed about two and a half minute. Plenty of time still, to rake up the points.

========================================================================

@Sekel

"I dunno. Stray wyrm from up north, maybe? Ergh, but then there'd be more ground being moved 'round... I dunno for sure."

Them being up in the air now, did manage to give them a vantage point, and see that the boars made it away from there safely, and not chased. However, it still didn't shed light on what the deal were with the changeling, nor the dust cloud following her, as she ran along like Cerberus himself were right at her heels.

As the changeling reached towards a tree, not far from where Karmic and Happy had been before, she'd launch forward, just as something finally erupted out of the ground. Which would turn out to be a diamond dog, who also reached out, yet the changeling were first in hitting the tree, and turned around triumphantly.

"*hah, hah* And as you can see, I am yet again your superior."

The diamond dog pounced a meaty fist into the ground, before letting out a loud, bellowing laughter. Sounded like somepony tickling a hyena.

"Someday, Flaxxy is winner. Getting veeery close now."

The booming, somewhat feminine voice, would be joyfully spouted by the rather large, limber looking diamond dog. One with quite the amount of close-packed muscles rippling under her short brown grey fur. Her body were rather top heavy, with some semblance to a gorilla, if you wanted to draw similarities, but with longer backlegs than that. It were clear that she could punch much greater than kick though.

She appeared to have a few golden teeth in her upper and lower maw, a short blue hair and tail style, and around her neck, a rather expensive looking collar of gold with precious stones in the metal. She also seemed to be wearing a vest and pants made of leather, along with a large satchel bag of the same material slung around her back.

Opposite on the diamond dog, the changeling stood and caught her breath after the race they had, whilst attempting to even out her attire. Whereas the diamond dog were more gruff looking, elegance seemed to be the word to go with when it came to this one, as everything from her adventurers outfit with several pockets, a tool belt, and the leather saddle bag down her left side, appeared to be if not perfectly clean, then at least as much as it could be for one on the road, and well sewn together here and there if you looked really close. It were also less focused on being bulky, but rather a mixture of finer clothing, and functionality. A sort of fashionably practical adventurers garb, if you would.

This lean changeling were as dark as her normal changeling counterparts, with a slick back horn, small fangs, and the only color in her likely on her stomach like with many other changelings of the olden kinds. Though some color were possible to see in the dozen of so small, dark pink crystals, hanging from the steel chain around her neck.

Said changeling would take a deep breath, then wrinkle her nose, and sniff the air, before looking directly up at Aurora and Happy. A surprised glance went over her topaz-colored eyes, and she spread her wings to fly up towards them, though stopping a few meters away. it seemed she were cautious about the two of them, which really, should that be a surprise? Lone queens carrying a reformed changeling like this, weren't normal.

"Heeeey! Things okay? Flaxxy cannot reach you."

The changelings would wave a hoof dismissively toward towards the diamond dog, who seemed to calm down some, but kept her eyes on them, and small ears perked.

"Hello there. I don't mean to intrude too much, but you seem to be carrying a changeling from an unknown hive of reformed ones. Considering the general distaste from the regular queens towards the reformed ones, you may understand my worry at the situation, as well as the fact that a queen wanders in the open like this, without protection. It seems unusual. Potentially a sort of... Rite of passage, if you will, which I don't think would be a wise idea."

"Nah, don't sweat it girlie. Aurora here's a new queen on the block. And she ain't tacking me off to sacrifice me or nothing. She's just being helpful, after I got a big ol' shiny smashed into my head before, which have messed up my balance a bit. Seems like someone's having a dozy, throwing stuff from the Everfree Forest. Safety hazard I tell ya."

"There are shinies? Where?"

Flaxxy suddenly got a lot more interested after hearing that part. She loved shinies. Especially valuable ones, which she could then trade in for other stuff, like food, clothes, a roof over her head, or even other shines she liked more. Much good could come from shinies.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

The kind of response Rising received from the glowing moth wasn't what he considered the most expected.  With the moth thus far having been unaffected by his dream, he hardly expected it to make much notice in the real Rising putting along on his cloud.  Instead, it was responding with actual words.  How curious.  An entity from outside the his mind was here in his Dream.  The likely hood if it being Princess Luna or one of her Dream Wardens was rather low right now.  "Interested in my dreams are you?" Rising inquired.  The unicorn swished his tail and spun it around, the Dream taking his abilities past reality and his tail reached speeds of a propeller.  Scooting the detective and his cloud along at more than a puttering pace. 

The moth's inquiries were sound, but the reason for the interest in the detective remained a mystery.  For now.  "A pony can find that once they know they're dreaming, they have a much greater connection with their subconscious," Rising tried to explain.  As a being of eidetic memory, it's always a fresh clue when dreams can't match the actual turn of events taking place in the dream.  The first clue for Rising in this dream came about from the fact the ball was blue.  In his actual childhood at this particular set of playing with the neighborhood fillies and colts, the ball was yellow.  It was all he needed to connect with the dream.  "Besides, I have a good relationship with my subconscious, we don't often weave bad dreams," he smiled.  Performing aerial donuts on his cloud at speeds that should have caused him to fall off, but gravity was on his side in his dream.  "I can remember the dark times as clearly as when they had happened, at all times.  I don't need them here," he had always concluded from himself, not that he was an expert in the Dream Realm.

So the moth played a roll similar to Princess Luna and her Dream Wardens, but they didn't take the forms of moths, or intrude into dreams of a pony that wasn't having a nightmare.  Casting his own gaze to the Moon that appeared twice as large as it really was and the magic that draped over the celestial sphere.  As quickly as he did, cracks exploded through it like broken glass until it fell into a million pieces.  The younger Rising appeared to pay no mind.  A few blinks was all he gave and then turned about, the group of friends he was playing with calling him over where the Sun ball sat bouncing on its own.  The young colt smiled and quickly complied and trotted after them to continue the game.  The Elements of Harmony, especially when wielded by an Alicon could likely be easily compared to that of a deity.  "I've always known.  It was the prison for a dark pony now vanquished," he replied simply, but he'd yet to see anything more beautiful in his life.

It was time to turn his attention on the invader itself.  "You aren't Princess Luna and you aren't a Dream Warden.  You speak of traveling though dreams before, but it doesn't sound like through these lands.  Are you the light tainting my wisp?  A piece of the Goddess of Harrowmark?" he asked rather upfront.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Right, sorry," Karmic replied and gave the bag to Atzy before taking the scrolls and placing them in the bag Enzo had fashioned for her. She was taken aback though by how well-made the bag was despite being made entirely out of parchment. "The bag is lovely, Enzo. It feels amazingly silky smooth to the touch. I'll go and see what's what and try to find you two later," she told them both, deciding to leave out Atzy's and Enzo's scrolls for them. She left them on the table and walked out the way she saw the Ambassador go. She took it upon herself to keep calm, and remind herself that she was not a fugitive having broken out with Zio, she was a 'sister' to a Gemling Princess and hopefully she can act as such if she finds a general along the way.

"So why are you looking all gargoyle like, Enzy?" Atzy asked in a slightly disinterested tone, wrapping her hoof around the pouch while placing the gems within her magic inside it. Her blue glow of her magic pulled out a string from the bag and had it wrap around her neck so it was sitting against her torso. She shook her head so her mane flopped about and then sat down on her haunches beside the doorway leading onto the balcony. She peeked out around the wooden frame and looked at the world past Enzo's wings.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight sucked in a deep breath and forcibly erected a shield around all four of them, her magic either blasting away or through the tendrils, making the ground they stood upon the only thing not to be engulfed by the fungi. "We need to get out of here. I can tell we're close but I need a direction if any of you bickering idiots would care to help," Twilight said in an angered and tired tone while glaring at the Manetid and Last. "I am tired, scared, and all I want to do is get what we came for and leave. Is that too much to ask!?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Like Happy said, I'm a new changeling Queen. Happened earlier on today, actually," Aurora admitted with a slight shake of her head. She was interested in the changeling that flew up to her, especially with the relationship between her and the Diamond Dog. She did largely ignore Flaxxy in favour of explaining herself to the new changeling. "I don't have a hive at all, actually. I was never in a hive, well, I was taken away from my hive when I was a nymph which was," she obviously hesitated before sighing heavily and looked the other changeling directly into her eyes. "Chrysalis' hive. I was taken away from Chrysalis when I was a nymph."

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"I only got here today, how would I know what's local or not here!?" Dazzle asked, promptly exploding and adding to the chaos as she stared at Blither. She didn't even think today was going to end up as chaotic as her time in the Everfree but hey, here she is, in the middle of some more chaos. "All I know is these toads are not normal and need to be dealt with immediately!" she cried, blue electricity sparking all over her body - sending some static into the air to send everypony's hairs on end that were near her - as she prepared for a fight, be it magical or physical.

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"You never mentioned a bridge. Only caves and dragons doing this and that," Dawn said, poking her hooves into the air before smirking. A hilarious thought occurred to her and doesn't exactly care if Kaltrops found it offensive or not. "You must be the troll under the bridge foals are told about."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Windy nodded “Yeah, I think that would be a good idea” she wasn't exactly listening, as she stared down at the houses below, hoping to find Autumn's house. She heard a faint shrill screen behind them, saying the words of:

“You cheaters, my mom was right. Pegasi do not deserve to have wings!” 

She felt chills going down to her spine upon hearing it. Was that the filly who tried to attack them? I hope she wasn't right.

She decided to make the mood contemporary light “Oh, about the mare you mentioned... was it Fair Wind, I wanted to say that I am so sorry to suffer such cruel fate back at the canyons where you are trapped” she turn to Legion “Your family must have been... restless when you went missing. Did they finally found out your fate?”

“Who are you talking to?” came a voice from Sorrow.

“Huh?” Windy became confused and looked up at the mare. 

It wasn't Sorrow who was flying with her. The unknown pegasus wear the same unfirom as her, had the same coat, mane and tail color like her, however, everything about the mare is very wrong. She looked as she was a unfinished painting abandoned by its artist. She stared right at her with dark black eyes. 

In reality, Windy's forelegs began to acts to its own without the knowledge of its owner. The forelegs slowly move to her neck. She stared at Sorrow with fear and horror.. 

Then, the thing smiled. 

She finally snap, contemporary disrupting her flight before going to normal. She faked a smile to avoid suspicion. 

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

@Blitz Boom

The longma smiled, rejoicing in his brief moment of jubilation before feeling the tingle of his sensor going off, noticing someone got a hit on him. Unfortunately, that was when his eyes got a glimpse of both Rosa and Omen finding him. Frankly, he was unsure whether it was one or the other but Sen was inclined to think Rosa got a point after landing a shot; trading blows for one point wasn’t a bad way to start. However, he didn’t have time to stick around and see what really happened, and the longma scrambled into the shadows to lose his pursuers. 

As for Lin, she’d run into a wall, having that interrupt her mad and slippery dash into a stop. By that point, she managed to recompose herself and see both Rosa and Omen were heading in Sen’s direction. A solid advantage as attention was not on her at the moment. And it just so happens to be the sound of running a fair ways away. As expected, the longma gave chase towards the general direction, keeping herself silent. That skirmish got her wondering if she was the only one without a point. 

Gotta think of something different. They might still be on my tail...

Sen, in the meantime, would try to find himself in secluded spaces or somewhere with a height advantage. Sadly, he was in a rather narrow corridor with two other exits, likely expecting someone to enter through them. But he was in that area first and that meant Rosa and Omen were moving in on him from that approach. It was still early in the match and he wanted to see how his friends would react to an unexpected change of tactics. If waiting to spring a trap is no longer valid, what would they think if they found themselves…

On the receiving end of a laser barrage! 

Of course, Sen wasn’t going to charge back at his friends willy-nilly. He’d try to compress himself into as small a target as possible while keeping his shooter centered as he repeatedly pulled on the trigger. He might be able to carve a path through Rosa and Omen, and when he did, he’ll quickly turn around to keep the barrage going while moving backwards. 

@Blitz Boom
"I said it would be challenging, not that it couldn't be done, after all, I taught myself not only this language, but also my own language's writing and magic that I didn't know existed." Ruby pointed out regarding Leviathan's first comment "And for me, the support I made does its job, though it didn't like me landing, but none of this is about the pain or proper healing anyway, if it was, I would be in the pony form since that way the injury has less pressure on it even if it would be relatively bigger." "The reason why I need to be like this is because of the nature of the injury." "The problem is, something broke off, as in, it's no longer part of me, thus, if I was to transform, it wouldn't transform with me, and I probably don't need to tell you what happens if something gets smaller when there's something inside it." she had actually forgotten the pain for a while, it had reminded of itself again when things had calmed down again.

"There's now somebody who needs your care more, and as refreshing as it has been to actually have someone helping, I have been through worse alone." this wasn't her boasting, as evidenced by the lack of pride in her tone, and the distant look she had in her eyes the whole time as she spoke, sure her eyes were towards the young male and Leviathan as to be expected, but she seemed to be looking through them rather than at them. "Not that I still will be alone, as I have learned enough about you to know I wouldn't be able to get rid of you even if I tried." 

---------------------------------------------------------
"The mimic will come back in a week or if you want to find them they live somewhere in the forest, pointed in that direction." Nada would add and point in said direction whenever she had a chance, before continuing with Ziggy, she decided to not tell her that Agni almost burned the poor creature because he thought it was her. 

"I don't really have any plans, I should keep away from the forest for some time until the overgrown Timberwolf is no longer a problem, and I don't really care to read more of pony history today, so if you have nothing I guess I could just rest until something happens." she then remembered something "Speaking of mermaids though, keep an eye on ponies you don't recognize, there was a foal around here collecting feathers who saw me, I think I got him to believe that I'm a mermaid as he didn't seem to know about sirens, but his parents may get curious if he talks about it."

----------------------------------
Scarecrow stayed back as it seemed he wasn't needed, and he didn't think much of what Lyriel was doing, he had seen everything from sadistic ghost to carnivorous seemingly intelligent plants and walking corpses (himself) so pleading to trees that shot out lighting wasn't really something he considered unusual.

drink,Scarecrow thought to himself, of course, why would it eat like normal creatures, nothing about it was normal. Assuming Lyriel had nothing to say, Scarecrow would acknowledge the 'birds'  writing with a nod, and pick up one of the branches, he would then wait for Lyriel to take hers before saying the magic words.
------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
"The only reason I picked the bomb was because it was the least likely one to have some weird effect that only makes things worse, though that can still happen." Cerberus stated "My guess is that the muffin conveniently does what it needs to do, either that or it's just a muffin that does nothing." he suddenly felt a weird disturbance in the force, but he didn't comment on it, or show any real reaction, as it had no real effect on anything. "Though I can relate, there's lot of things I conveniently remember or forget when it fits the moment, so there's lot of things I barely remember." 

• Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

8 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

It was time to turn his attention on the invader itself.  "You aren't Princess Luna and you aren't a Dream Warden.  You speak of traveling though dreams before, but it doesn't sound like through these lands.  Are you the light tainting my wisp?  A piece of the Goddess of Harrowmark?" he asked rather upfront.

"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖋𝖙. 𝕬 𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆 𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗, 𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖎𝖊𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖆𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝖇𝖞 𝖆𝖓 𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑, 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖋."

She had listened intently as Rising had answered her inquiries, especially when it came to that of the moon being. One she'd like to know more of one day, if it somehow became possible, as it were curious to her, how a simple pony, could not only survive for centuries within the moon, but also warranted such powerful binds. What darkness had that pony not possessed, for it to end as such? It were hard to say, yet it did provide some insight into the outside for her. Proof that there were great darkness in other places too, and that ones such as Twisted, were not limited to only their land.

As for her own answer, it were the truth. Rising were not tempered by living in a land where gods thrived, and as such, could end up tainted in some way, were he to gain a large amount of gifted power. A sliver like this however, were safe for him to own, and use, if need be.

"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖑, 𝖎𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙. 𝕬𝖘 𝕴 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓 𝖆 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚, 𝖘𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖘 𝖎𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖉𝖞 𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑, 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖙𝖔𝖔. 𝕴𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖚𝖕 𝖙𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖘. 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖆 𝖐𝖊𝖞. 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖔 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖎𝖙, 𝖎𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊."

The moth would flutter ever so slightly closer, but halt before getting within a meter of him, and simply hover in the air, lazily flapping her wings, as the big question from Rising remained lingering.

"𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝕴 𝖆𝖒, 𝖞𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖗. 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆 𝖉𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝖎𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑. 𝕴𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖞 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖘, 𝖜𝖍𝖞 𝖒𝖞 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖘."

Twisted had talked briefly on this, when he accused Thistle of being a puppet. He had spoken of it in less flattering ways of course, but this were confirmation that yes, for Thistle - and all the priestesses who would come after her - you truly had to give yourself fully to the goddess. The price of worship, when as Viz'nay said, you could not survive being both a regular mortal, and be a host for the entirety of a deity's presence.

"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑, 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖆 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙. 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖒𝖞 𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖜, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖞𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖉. 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍 𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓, 𝖜𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖞 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖇𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊. 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍 𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖒𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝕾𝖚𝖚𝖘𝖍𝖆 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙.

𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍, 𝖆𝖒 𝕴 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖓 𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖘, 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖔𝖜𝖓? 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖐 𝖔𝖋 𝖆 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘, 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖘, 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘? 𝕳𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑. 𝕬 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍, 𝖎𝖋 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘. 𝕯𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘? 𝕴𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖊𝖙 𝖆 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖊𝖗."

Princess Luna were an entity which Viz'nay found interesting, by mention alone. Dream wanderers were extremely rare in Harrowmark, as she did not offer this power to many of her followers. Too easy to misuse, and corrupt, which were why she normally tended to this function herself.

Yet every so often, one were selected that otherwise could do so. However, one who were not able to do so, through the endorsing powers of a deity? She knew only of five, and all but one had been forgotten by history, for varied reasons. Mostly that it were easy to get lost in the mind, or they found themselves trapped, when the one they visited suddenly awoke, with them still in their head.

Mind Crawler were a special case though. Powerful as any she personally had endorsed, yet wandered through minds with no blessing of hers. She mostly left him to his own accord, as what he did were mostly harmless information gathering, or messing with others. Minor things, that did not matter much to a deity, yet she had found it amusing that others were surprised one day, to find that he rose as a savior of their kind, as he helped unlock the minds of many a being, affected by a grave curse, keeping them locked in endless nightmares. They had seen him as a troublemaker at worst, or a necessity, due to his impressive spy working, and did not understand his good nature, until he showed it to them. One of several times he had done so, which she tended to not interfere with, as he seemed to enjoy suddenly finding himself out of the shadows, and helping in the front of things.

As she knew it, he were now immortalized in their halls, whilst for her, he rested comfortably in her offered afterlife. A rest he had earned, after a long life of salvaging dreams. Among other things.

@Sekel

35 minutes ago, Sekel said:

She left them on the table and walked out the way she saw the Ambassador go. She took it upon herself to keep calm, and remind herself that she was not a fugitive having broken out with Zio, she was a 'sister' to a Gemling Princess and hopefully she can act as such if she finds a general along the way.

It'd honestly not take too long before she were interrupted by someone. A bat pony, wearing a pair of tinted glasses, as many other thestrals that joined the Night Guard had, whenever they were needed for day shifts.

"Uhm... Miss? Are you looking for something?"

She were somewhat nervous as she approached Karmic, unsure of what to think, considering the symbol on her pack. The guard knew that there were a prime city of the sphinx somewhere out there, which had servant ponies all over the place, and heard rumors that they sometimes send one of those around to deliver messages, so this might be a possibly disturbing thing. Especially since the word were buzzing that there actually were a sphinx on palace grounds now, as crazy as it may sound.

1 hour ago, Sekel said:

"So why are you looking all gargoyle like, Enzy?"

"In parts due to me waiting for you. Though otherwise, to play on these ponies worries, from seeing one of my kind here. I know what they expect of me, and what the presence of a sphinx means. They will understand in time, that it is not that simple anymore, yet for now, I will amuse myself, with seeing them. A play for vanity and performance I suppose. Just gaze at them, and see how nervous they are."

Which were a right way of putting it, as the ones who mostly gazed on him, didn't seem to know what to think, and were too nervous to get anywhere near to ask.

However, some were also curious, and especially, that counted for a group of school foals beneath them, where several of the small ones looked up, pointed, and seemed to get ecstatic. The teacher attempting to push them along did not seem to deter them from gawking honestly, and if they were afraid, it couldn't be seen. They were probably just awestruck with seeing something big an unusual like this. Doubly so when he presented himself in the way he now did, to make it something more theatrical.

===================================================================

@Sekel

"Krrrxxht. 46 meters North-West."

The manetid were the first to speak, and the one who would be able to say the most about this place too. The Shrine Maidens had never mapped out this forest, nor where its edge were. But the manetids had lived in this valley far, far longer than the Shrine Maidens had. They knew where things were, and this one, were aware of its edge too.

usually they never wandered into such places, but her squad commander had been eager, once he saw a Shrine Maiden. He threw caution to the wind, and it had taken him, along wit the others. His failure would not be the end of her, too.

So she pointed in the right direction, with one of her bladed hands, just to make sure that everything were understood right, and then stood prepared to fight the tendrils if they broke through this shield. She knew not who any of these were, but the winged pony were strong, in the field of magic, and her title were one of interest. It were in her best interest to keep the equine safe. Even if it meant working together with the irate equine guard of hers, who stood silently now, prepared to fight as well. As for the spectral one... She knew not what to make of her. The concept of ghosts were not something she grasped, so for the time being, she merely considered this one to be a strong magic user, whom one should watch out for, if she got too emotional.

If Twilight followed the directions given by the manetid, she'd find that they would lead them to the edge of the forest, as indicated. What laid beyond here, were far as any of them were concerned, unknown territory. One which so far, didn't seem to try and destroy them at least.

=====================================================================

@Sekel

"Chrysalis? Urgh, favor have smiled upon you then. What I know of her from other hiveless, says that she'd be likely to crush you, rather than raise you, once it were found out that you were a royal nymph."

"Hah, told ya."

"In any case, it is fascinating to see a newly ascended one. In my old hive, I did not bear witness to that. I assumed the process wouldn't put you in full maturity that easily, but it appears I have been assuming wrong. Fascinating really."

She'd glance at Aurora, inspecting the young queen, but not judging her all that much. She were new in the job, so to speak. What could one expect from that?

"Perhaps this is time for introductions on our behalf. I am Lulu Leila. Formerly of Hive Illumina. My companion down there are Flaxxy. We are adventurers. And apologies if we spooked you with our race before. It helps pass the time on long travels."

"Illumina? Can't say I've heard about them."

"They like to keep it like that, though I don't much care for it. Especially now that our kind are perfectly legal to wander around. But I have cut most of my ties with the hive a long time ago, so what they wish to do in Fillydephia, is of little concern to me.

And do please excuse Flaxxy. She sometimes have issues knowing what time one should interject with things."

"Eh, we wouldn't have much to say anyway. I got smashed in the noggin by something that glittered, and it came from the forest. All we know. Guess I'm dense enough that it couldn't break through though."

"I could think of a less crude way to say it, but yes. You appear to have gotten lucky."

"Not yet I haven't."

Happy would give Lulu a wink and a grin, which - judging by the look on her face - she did not find all that amusing.

"I find myself worried for you, if this sort of behavior are not just confined to when he have received a head trauma, Queen... ?"

Lulu would let it linger in the air, and motion towards Aurora, to finish it. By that meaning to introduce herself, as so far, they knew only that her carry on were called Happy.

========================================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"Calm down Dazzle. Please? We have a monster invasion it sounds like. We have to try and keep our heads cool."

Stare would cringe a little, as she felt the sparks dance around, coming off from Dazzle, but she still moved a little closer, and tried to see if she couldn't help their new friend to calm down a little. It seemed like she might explode otherwise, and that would surely not be good. They already had enough trouble with the weird new life form attacking them. They didn't need more weird, potentially dangerous outbursts.

"Nopony expects you to know what these things are. We're just sharing information, asking if anypony does. It sounds like no, so this might be from long away. Or some monster that have been locked up in the woods, normally. It sometimes happen.

Normally Twilight and her friends deals with this, but the princess isn't here. I dunno where she is, but she went away with that stranger forepony, that helped around town. Applejack is probably handling the farm, and making sure others are safe there. Fluttershy is probably trying to gather some help, whilst Rainbow Dash and Rarity probably deal with those they see in town. Though seeing how much they grow, it might get too dangerous for them, or the guard. You uhm... Seem to have some sort of electric magic? Are you good at it? You might be really helpful to the town, if you are."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I don't care for mustard, but anything soy means... vegan food trying to be real food!"

"We shall stop this great evil! This food cart is not up to safety standards!"

Pringle just stared at the cart. Lucid brought in a health inspector that shutdown the stallion's cart.

"Your cart does not follow health regulations. These sodas are past expiration!"

@Windy Breeze 🥧

On 8/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

“You cheaters, my mom was right. Pegasi do not deserve to have wings!” 

Sorrow felt a tingle down her spine, as she heard the filly's angry words. Seemed like they weren't simply possessed, if that was the sort of thing a random filly would say. Sounded more like the victim also had some amplified rage of their own. Why else would the filly speak about something her mother said? Seemed like something not related to anything that Autumn would say.

*sigh* If only her dad were here... Sure he couldn't see spirits, but he knew how to deal with irrational, angry folks. Came from being an elder sibling, who were often roped into taking care of his younger ones, while they were growing up. According to him at least, it had hardened him to quite a lot of that sort, and given him insight into many, varied kinds of tantrums. Few things really fazed him when it came to this sort anymore, though of course, his siblings still knew a few points they could poke at him with, that'd get to him. Siblings and all that, after all.

On 8/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

She decided to make the mood contemporary light “Oh, about the mare you mentioned... was it Fair Wind, I wanted to say that I am so sorry to suffer such cruel fate back at the canyons where you are trapped” she turn to Legion “Your family must have been... restless when you went missing. Did they finally found out your fate?”

"Windy... Hello, Windy? Are you okay?"

Sorrow would be shaking in Windy a bit, trying to get her back to reality, as it seemed like something were messing with her head, and it frankly made Sorrow worried. Or okay, horrified, might be the better thing to say, as the thought of being alone in this place, sans Legion, were terrifying. Of course, Legion were good companions, but they were limited in the ways they could help here, which did not help what they had to do.

"You were asking about Fair Wind, and then you suddenly started to act irrational. Are something wrong? And Fair is fine, by the way, if that's something that got into your head. She'd likely want me to help her connect with her family soon, and when that happens, she can move on."

It were probably not this that were haunting Windy, but it were the only thing she could think about to say, to try and calm her down a little here, or make things look brighter at least. Seemed like the best option she had right now, even though she wish she could do more. *sigh* She wish she could do more for everypony here... Poor souls, caught in hatred, or damned to relive it over and over... Poor Autumn, to have gone through all of this, and then be trapped in it, to a point where she drew others into her madness. And all because Razor thought so little of her, that he were willing to have her killed, for mere bits. It was sickening...

======================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"It seems we might have underestimated you some, Omen."

Down the road that Sen were being chased on, Rosa's voice came through, as he had to dodge ball after ball being shot his way, that were getting closer and closer to hitting him than he had expected. Omen might be able to sense them - which he had realized too late - but aiming at the dodges were not something he had expected. Sure, she were one who observed and tried to learn, but did that really go as far as to this? Imagine if it did. She'd basically be a natural at this. That were, if she got better at dodging herself, though as she did not hink quickly on that, she'd soon find that he hit her buzzer, which made her look down on it for a second, but keep walking, whilst trying to shoot. Five seconds were not a lot of time, but Omen weren't good at counting, nor had any real understanding of time. Hence, she just kept pressing until it would shoot again, and then start to try and copy what she saw Rosa do.

It were less successful, as she mostly just fell over in a direction, then got up again, but it did get her away from some hits send her way, as they got closer and closer to where Sen were situated.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:01 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Sen, in the meantime, would try to find himself in secluded spaces or somewhere with a height advantage. Sadly, he was in a rather narrow corridor with two other exits, likely expecting someone to enter through them. But he was in that area first and that meant Rosa and Omen were moving in on him from that approach. It was still early in the match and he wanted to see how his friends would react to an unexpected change of tactics. If waiting to spring a trap is no longer valid, what would they think if they found themselves…

On the receiving end of a laser barrage! 

Of course, Sen wasn’t going to charge back at his friends willy-nilly. He’d try to compress himself into as small a target as possible while keeping his shooter centered as he repeatedly pulled on the trigger. He might be able to carve a path through Rosa and Omen, and when he did, he’ll quickly turn around to keep the barrage going while moving backwards. 

As had been stated, no shot could be fired again until the last one hit a surface, so Sen could press along much as he liked, but it would still only be one light ball at a time. It would do well in confusing Omen though, who'd get a hit on herself from him, a mere half second before a shot from Rosa would have hit her sensor. Effectively depriving him of the point.

He would however, also find that a ball had made contact with him, not long after, though it were hard to say who had hit him. Could be any of them, as things were rather hectic right now. Yet it would allow him to escape through them, during said chaos. They'd give chase again, with Rosa shooting at him and aiming to try and hit his sensor, right after it went off cool down. If he did would be up to chance, but then again, another competitor were soon upon them now. That being Lin, who now should have a nice line of sight to all of them, as they went down the same path, focusing more on one another than her. Seemed a great time to harvest herself some points. What with the prey running right for her and all.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I'm not limited to only care about one of you, and like you say, you're still injured. Like it or not, I'm still gonna worry about you, and ask in to your health. And if need be, tear out the part that's broken off myself, if it doesn't reattach, and instead just floats around, while your bone regenerate the missing piece.  We can't have you stuck like this forever, seeing how much work you put into mastering your other form.

And yes, I get your point about that. Seeing your current size, even a sliver would essentially function as a spear through your rear. Which I do not want to have happening to you.

Besides, this little one needs to meet ponies sooner or later to adapt. You could likely prove the easiest version of it, that he wouldn't feel compelled to try and eat. Even if it might make him paranoid about them afterwards, it's still better than trying to get him out of a situation, where he attempts to eat someone's foal. I am not saying that he would definitely do so, but it is but an example of a really bad scenario that might occur."

Not a good first impression, to put it mildly. Even if it were an accident, it only took one horrible accident like that, to tarnish your image for others. Something she'd try to prevent, and then deal later with him potentially go and chase down someone's pet. Not a particularly excellent thing either, but it were easier to get past, even if there'd be some grumbles.

Before answering the last part of what Ruby had said though, Leviathan would get a small, defiant grin on her face, and almost purr back at her.

"And you don't have to worry. I'm not leaving you alone, nor stopping to care about you. There's plenty of love for the whole family."

She'd pat Ruby's little brother ever so slightly, whilst her smirk went into a grin, and a small chuckle. It seemed Ruby had gotten used to the fact that Leviathan were going to stick around, and she had not done something like put up a choice situation, where she'd leave, and Leviathan then had to pick between Ruby, and her half brother. At which point she'd probably just drag said brother along, and still follow Ruby. No need to pick in her mind, though it were nice that the larger dragoness were tolerating that fact, and didn't try anything. It were far easier, than constantly having to force her to deal with the two smaller dragons.

"So, how's the fragment? Is it loose, or connecting again? If it's trying to connect, you'd do best in laying still, so it can do that in peace. It'd be over faster then."

@Catpone Cerberus

On 8/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"The mimic will come back in a week or if you want to find them they live somewhere in the forest, pointed in that direction." Nada would add and point in said direction whenever she had a chance, before continuing with Ziggy, she decided to not tell her that Agni almost burned the poor creature because he thought it was her. 

"I don't really have any plans, I should keep away from the forest for some time until the overgrown Timberwolf is no longer a problem, and I don't really care to read more of pony history today, so if you have nothing I guess I could just rest until something happens."

"The matriarch are making a ruckus? Awh shoot. I like flying over the forest in the morning, but that one's huuuuuge. Oh well, maybe another day.

I dunno about the other mimic though. It sorta depends on Fah'lina."

Right as she said this, they'd hear a splash, as the mimic jumped into the pond. Guess she made her choice pretty fast then. Must be somepony important of her kind, that had come looking for her. Maybe a family member? Friend? Some sort of messenger from their tribe? She really had to find more books on these creatures, so she could find out more.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Speaking of mermaids though, keep an eye on ponies you don't recognize, there was a foal around here collecting feathers who saw me, I think I got him to believe that I'm a mermaid as he didn't seem to know about sirens, but his parents may get curious if he talks about it."

"Ooof, that's not good, getting spotted. But it's just a small foal, so that should be too bad. Foals think they see all sorts. I could've sworn I saw breezies in the hospital sometimes, but the nurses kept telling me there weren't anything. I'm pretty sure it was just my imagination gone high these days, and that's how it is with all the little ones. Well, most of them. There's some who doesn't have a lot of imagination. But most does, and the parents are gonna think that too. At worst, some of the foals might start wandering in groups, trying to find the Ponyville Mermaid. It's cute, and it keeps them entertained. long as they don't go into the forest. It's real dangerous for the small foalsies."

Another splash would be heard, as Fah'lina came back from the lake, with a large fish tail sticking out of her maw. The rest were stuck in her bulging gut, and wriggled around until she crunched down. Lunch should stay still. Especially when she started to digest, which were done on the edge of the pool, laying on her stomach. She'd eventually slurp in the fish tail, though for now, she had the main part of the fish to get digested first.

"Huh, seems like she's gonna wait for later after all.

Anyway, so you're hiding from the timberwolf, and don't wanna read, a nap might be good for you. Maybe I can bake something nice for when you wake up? Like a fish pie. Serenade's been showing me how to do it in a way that's not too gross. Maybe I can get that done, if I can make our little friend here, help me catch one."

In response to things, Agni would flap on top of Nada's head again, and get himself comfortably seated. If she were gonna take a nap, he'd rest along with her. He could keep an eye on her then. Though if she went into the water to sleep, he'd just go for a shelf where he could see things well from. As as a sign of good faith, he wouldn't pick what were clearly Fah'lina's spot, despite the little pillow there.

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Once they had retreated, and Lyriel took her own stick, there would come the next clue shortly after. This time, fro the trickster, who'd cough up an acorn, that'd start sprouting into a small, bulky bush with flowery arms. Once it were fully grown, it would start to pick the leaves from it's form, all whilst silently dancing, up until the leaves were all gone. Once they were, it's make a final spin, then implode, whilst the leaves rearranged themselves from the force, into a series of words.

"So far so good, yet now it is time to bring me food. A jar of ectoplasm, from the cursed hut, then uhm... I dunno, a phoenix roasted hazelnut? Rhyming is hard!"

"...Okay then. I may know how to get a phoenix to roast some nuts for us, if we can find them. I am not sure what she means with a cursed hut though. Is it an abandoned living space, per chance? I have seen several ones in this forest. Including this castle."

====================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

The pony gave a lazy smile towards them, and shrugged his shoulders.

"Nah man, it's cool. I got another one. Just gonna ta-"

Splat!

Henry's right, meaty hand would hammer down, and splatter the pony all over the place, revealing him to made entirely of mud and worms.

"Well duh, I'm not gonna make a real pony. That'd be crazy, seeing how dangerous this place is. Mutants and weirdos only. Along with wedding guests, but they were safe. Kind of. Maybe."

...Moving right along, it seemed their enemy were defeated for now, as Henry kept smashing the worms, before clawing them back into his lava pool. It'd burn them nice and efficiently.

"Okay, that was one enemy. Now it's your turn to sort it! Though you might wanna do something with the inspector. Or isn't he real either? Is he made of chocolate?"

@Blitz Boom

The inspector was actually a crazy pony in disguise. The pony was making chocolate noises.

"Can we keep him?"

No.

"But he's so ad-"

No.

"I'd fight you, but last time you were too scared, ladybug."

"Well, she may destroy Equestria on accident and you're capable enough to destroy a super continent, Lucid. You'd probably destroy Anomaly. Unless she's more powerful now, I wouldn't know for sure."

@Blitz Boom

Windy waved a hoof to show she was okay “I'm fine” she lied. 

Unknownst to them, they had entered Lemon.St, the epicenter of the poltergeist's influence that not even a single possessed pony can be seen, the streets are devoid of hate but that can't be said for the houses that are damaged by Autumn's rage. Windy's minor hallucination was a bad sign if she and Sorrow aren't careful. The atmosphere has turned warm drastically. 

Then, an animalistic sound between yell and cry can be heard, it sounded as if the source is just beside them. The fog began to become denser the closer they go to the second storey masonry house where Autumn and Razor lived. 

Half of Windy's smile is not a lie, she was happy to hear Fair is alright even though she knew the pegasus is a ghost who died a long time ago. Then, she noticed the temperature changing. 

“Why is it getting warm here?” she turn to Sorrow “Should we go down? Not only the temperature is rising but the fog is becoming a little bit thick” 

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

@Blitz Boom

“Gotcha!” 

A sound of a confident longma emanated from the shadows, unleashing her own steady stream of shots at the source of the noise. It was rather convenient that she found everyone in one spot, a perfect place to rack up some points. Sen wouldn’t have time to react to feeling his sensor going off, only knowing someone got a hit on him. 

It was a somewhat calculated risk, taking one point for himself but someone else also got one free point in return. The longma was slowly getting a hang of the game’s mechanics and his equipment’s shortcomings but from what he gathered, his next few minutes will be spent juggling between worthy risks and dangerous gambles. Right now, he could use Lin’s distraction to get himself into position while his sister caused a commotion, and hopefully, she drew everyone else’s attention on herself. From what the playing field looked like, the two longma a holding down two exit points, cornering Omen and Rosa into one space. 

Lin, in the heat of the moment, found herself advancing on both Rosa and Omen, taking her shots with more precision, expecting one at least one point before darting away. Unfortunately, she noticed her more savvy brother was already capitalizing on the distraction, moving away from everyone. There was a moment of hesitation from the longma but she was content to get some points when the initial skirmish bought herself some time. 

While sister’s got them distracted, this is right time to get a jump on everyone…

Sen would silently encircle the group from behind the nearby walls, keeping himself small and unassuming until he found himself just a short ways away from another point, courtesy of Lin’s open target…

That moment of quiet got Sen wondering how Omen and Rosa were doing. He’d like to chat them up right about now but that smirk on Rosa just before they started playing suggested he wasn’t going to let up easily. Might be that with them bearing down on the others, they’ll probably start changing tactics to get them on the defensive. If only the longma could anticipate that. He had a plan, a little scenario playing in his head about how he’d like the game to end. If all went well, perhaps he could see that plan come to fruition.

@Blitz Boom
"It is healing as it should." Ruby simply replied, not showing what she thought about Leviathan's earlier comments, though one couldn't be sure if she even listened everything considering her attention wasn't fully in the conversation "It doesn't matter if it connects back or not, it will dissolve if it doesn't." broken bones was the most common injury to her kind if ignoring quickly healing things like wounds, so her body was well prepared to fix such injures "Like I said to the bird, it'll take day or two, and it seems it'll take two." she looked towards the injury "That of course doesn't mean it'll be fully healed then, that will take a day or two more, but that's when the separated piece is gone in way or another and it has healed enough for it to not need support." 

She looked at Leviathan, this time actually looking at her and not through her "You're enjoying this." her tone was calm and emotionless, there was no judgment or similar motives behind it, she was just stating an observation "I can tell when you smile, it's not only a visual change." "Family, I don't think you used that word jokingly." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada shrugged "Aright, don't feel bad for bothering me if something happens, I have more than enough time to rest in the future, though first." she would eat the apology fish that Fah'lina had brought and after that settle to a resting position, she would go party into the water, but she would float on the surface with her head upwards so if Agni didn't mind being above water, he could easily and safely rest on her head. She sometimes preferred this way of sleeping over sleeping on the bottom, because while sleeping underwater was comfy and safe, this way she could hear any sound that may or may not be travelling through the water.

--------------------------------------------------
"I think I know." Scarecrow said, cursed hut was very vague, but considering who they were dealing with, it was likely that Anomaly had heard Scarecrows explanation about the unicorn siblings, and was now most likely talking about their residence "There's a house build into a tree inhabited by two unicorns, I don't know if the place is cursed or not, but they do seem to be haunted by a ghost." "That's really all I know for sure because I can't get that close due to some kind of barrier that stops me and the ghost, while animals don't seem to even notice it." 

@Blitz Boom

His form kept shifting, scanning the mind of Shade as much as he could, many could not find the mental resolve to face him, only a small few could achieve it.
But those three faces kept showing up, he kept changing in between seeing who worked against Shade the most.
"Your mind isn't as strong as you THINK"

He shouted at him, landing on the one that he felt worked.

"And you will find me a hard one to scare, even with your necromancy"

His teeth extended out as he grinned, seeming to multiply as his grin widened, warping himself into a disfigured expression.

Rose smiled to herself, snapping her fingers, sending out a shock wave that tore through Shade and Skall's magic and seemed to dispel everything, before floating over and gripping Shade in her claw. "You all say my betrayal was bad? Honestly after that stunt with Steel, you deserve my element more so-"
She suddenly dropped Shade to the ground, gripping at her element tightly as it started glowing brightly
"No no no, I did NOT MEAN THAT-" It ripped itself off of her, pulling her neck forward as the necklace shattered, and flung towards Skall sending him crashing through many bookshelves

"Be careful what you say, Rose. They do have feelings."
Skall shoved a shelf off of him, holding two blades in his hands, Shade soon feeling his magic return again the shadowy forms returning as well.

=====================================

Chariot would let the element float up to the rune and stepping back to watch the process, feeling a strange disturbance, but shaking it off- as events were starting to play poorly over in Canterlot.

But he wasn't going to focus on it, even though there was another spike of magic there, it worried him, what was Opal up to? Or did his old gang find her element already?
Nonetheless, he focused on the task at hand, and seemed cautious incase Emerald made any sudden movements to destroy Sapphire.

@Lucid_Nightlight

On 8/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, she may destroy Equestria on accident and you're capable enough to destroy a super continent, Lucid. You'd probably destroy Anomaly. Unless she's more powerful now, I wouldn't know for sure."

"Pfff, now you're being silly. I don't destroy stuff, I create. I mean, sure, I could create like a supervirus that melted folks, but that isn't fun. Mutant that turns other folks into squirrels? Way better.

Besides, you can't kill me. You have any idea how many pieces off me are all over the world? Hehe. You could destroy this form to the core, and all it'd do, is cause whatever other part of me that blooms up, to lose a bit of memory. Not that I think you could anyway. Back when I was a real big thing, it probably took loads to kill me then, and I could still be brought back. Permanent death is for weird folks.

Oh! Oh! That'd be a fun villain, if you wanted one. I know the human thing wrote about a statue he says looks like I did. I could totally steal it, and set her free. Pure, multi-continental  destruction, like a real super villain."

For the love of everything, no! I like having a world to actually write about.

"Stupid monkey man worries too much. It's destruction, so there can come creation. It's just like a big reset button. And we'd totally win, even with this weak pony-wannabe, that's all symmetrical and stuff. Bleargh."

A sign saying *Normie!* with an arrow pointing down dropped over Lucid, knocking the one that were there before it down, which might hit him in the head.

======================================================================

@Windy Breeze 🥧

On 8/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Windy waved a hoof to show she was okay “I'm fine” she lied. 

Sorrow kept looking concerned, and clearly not buying what Windy were trying to sell her on. She didn't look okay, and her behavior before were more than enough proof. Hopefully she weren't getting influenced... They needed to both stay sane, or this would all have been for naught.

There wasn't much reason to dig into Windy's excuse right now though, so Sorrow just nodded and went along, trying to ignore what she had seen for now. It seemed the wisest, unless she started to show more symptoms again.

Wandering further into the area they now found themselves in, it had some clear distinctions from the other areas of town they had been in thus far. Starting with the temperature, which had suddenly spiked, whilst it appeared that the possessed ones avoided this place. They could still be seen in the distance, but it seemed as if they did not want to set hoof where Windy and her now stood.

Considering the damage on the buildings, it might be somewhat self preservation. The rest of the area of influence that Autumn had looked rough, but this? This were like seeing the aftermath of a bunch of hooligans. Some of the buildings were far more messed up than what they had seen some other places, to a degree where Sorrow felt pretty sure that a proper sneeze at a few of them, would make them collapse.

And then... It got worse.

Then, an animalistic sound between yell and cry can be heard, it sounded as if the source is just beside them. The fog began to become denser the closer they go to the second storey masonry house where Autumn and Razor lived.

A big house, and this anguished, roaring cry, meant that it appeared as if they had found Autumn's house. The epicenter for everything, where she wailed in pain and misery for what Razor had done to her. A good thing somewhat, since it were what they had been looking for. Yet at the same time, it also meant they had gotten to the most dangerous place in town, as the fog closed in further and further. A side effect of this kind of ghostly interference she only rarely saw.

“Why is it getting warm here?” she turn to Sorrow “Should we go down? Not only the temperature is rising but the fog is becoming a little bit thick”

"It's rare, but strong spirits can sometimes affect the weather a little. Fog is just warm and cold air colliding, and well, you can feel how warm it is. It's probably radiating emotions, like seething hatred, that's warming up the air. And since it's autumn, it makes it easier to create fog. It takes a lot to radiate so much of it though, and I'm not sure if I'm right. It's just what I've seen with other spirits. Never to this extend though.  This is on a whole nother level than what I'm used to..."

Sorrow gulped, and looked at the imposing building in front of them.

"We've made it this far... We have to go in. Just please, say if you see anything else that's weird, okay? Or any visions, maybe. We have to keep sane, or we're not getting out of here again."

=========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 8/11/2020 at 2:14 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Gotcha!” 

Lin would hit Omen, as she were not a strong dodger, and as such, only managed to avoid one shot by going limp to the side, right before she got hit again. She still had much to learn, which were not the same with Rosa, who'd backflip, then flap strong down with his wings so that he'd end up near the ceiling, where he'd fire off a shot of his own, before rolling to the right, also using his wings. He could have showed off more, and probably could have done far better by just flying around in general, as there were enough room for it if he were careful, but where were the thrill in that? Better that he lowered himself some, and joined in. Didn't mean he couldn't show off a little though, and potentially hit Lin at the same time.

It were a storm of shots, dodges, and at least from Rosa's side, a good deal of laughter. He could not remember having had such a fun time in a while, regardless of how a few points were scored on him from Omen and Lin's side. That didn't matter. This were not the usual life and death skirmishes he were involved in. This were but a game, and a thrilling one at that, that he were quite honestly starting to really enjoy.

Omen weren't laughing, as the emotion of joy getting big enough for that, were still alien to her. Yet she found herself practiced dodges, taking shots, and overall learning about her friends in a new way that she were fully focused on. Her thoughts didn't interfere with things as much right now, as she were just living in the present, trying her best to play this game like her friends did, and enjoying both hitting, dodging, and when she herself got hit. It were all part of a learning experience, that Discord had never done with her. And yet it felt somewhat chaotic, like the ones he had put her through were at times. On a less grand scale of course, though still it carried some semblance to those strange activities, without much meaning, that were only meant for fun.

On 8/11/2020 at 2:14 PM, EQ_Theta said:

While sister’s got them distracted, this is right time to get a jump on everyone…

And all the while they had their skirmish, Sen attempted to run a sneaky ambush. A clever plan really, though he would learn, as Lin had, that there was a slight issue trying to sneak up on them, in the form of a pony, that without turning around, directed her shooter towards where she felt Sen were, and squeezed the trigger.

If he were behind a wall, she'd then turn around, and see if she could find a way to him. It seemed a part of this game were to chase too, yes? So she would chase Sen then, while Lin and Rosa did their thing. It seemed the right thing to do, even if she's probably get a shot on her sensor for  turning away.

==========================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

4 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

"Your mind isn't as strong as you THINK"

He shouted at him, landing on the one that he felt worked.

"And you will find me a hard one to scare, even with your necromancy"

Skall would find that the one that hit the hardest, were the younger mare, who despite his best effort at shielding it, Shade felt the most for. An obligation, mixed with fear, and grim resolve. Whatever had happened between them, it didn't seem like it had been pleasant.

"You won't... Break me, you... Pathetic lizard."

Shade struggled against the onslaught, and shakingly rose his hoof, were a new blade would conjure itself in. This one had wispy small fires floating around it, marking this as him wanting to take this a step further. Potentially soul-related, which even for necromancy, were a tall order. Yet so were what he did to the guards, whose shadows were now almost at Skall, ready to attack him with each their own weapon. All of them spears, which would mean that Skall had to deal with them, or Shade. But he couldn't have both.

At least not until Rose interfered, and ruined everything.

4 hours ago, FanOfManyShows said:

Rose smiled to herself, snapping her fingers, sending out a shock wave that tore through Shade and Skall's magic and seemed to dispel everything, before floating over and gripping Shade in her claw. "You all say my betrayal was bad? Honestly after that stunt with Steel, you deserve my element more so-"
She suddenly dropped Shade to the ground, gripping at her element tightly as it started glowing brightly
"No no no, I did NOT MEAN THAT-" It ripped itself off of her, pulling her neck forward as the necklace shattered, and flung towards Skall sending him crashing through many bookshelves

She'd find that whilst she grabbed Shade, Rose would not have more than a second of that, as he fell apart whilst being lifted. With the magic dispelled, he'd reveal himself to be made entirely out of old rags, hay, and shadow. A scarecrow, animated by the necromantic magic, with only one thing seeming out of place. That being the eyes, which turned out to be a white pearl, falling down to the ground, and rolling harmlessly away. The shadows he had conjured also stopped, before seemingly melting and returning to the guards they had been pulled out from.

This were a decoy. Whoever, and wherever Shade really were, he had been using this as a stand in for himself, for some unknown reason. Perhaps they underestimated the necromancer more than they thought? Though regardless, with the magic dispelled, his construct had fallen apart, and the foci he had used to assert complete control over it, had likely been de-powered, or at least right now, were no longer part of a whole. Between that quick loss of connection, and the mental assault that Skall had done, while Shade had mentally been in control of this thing, he were sure to have a massive headache though, wherever he might be.

As for the situation at hoof, the elemental spirit of lies would laugh in a raspy tone, that so far, only Skall could still hear.

"That is what happens, when you do not respect your element, nor deserve to carry it. She doesn't understand this. That is why she is weak. Not like you, Skall. You understand. You deserve everything that is offered, and so much more."

The spirit nearly cooed the last few words to him, as she started to vaguely show in his peripheral. There were still some to be done before she could properly manifest, but this were a start, and soon enough, she could once more see eye to eye with the one she had yearned for all these years.

She were not the only one who had become infatuated with their carrier, out of the disharmony spirits. Yet she were the one who'd go the furthest to have him all for herself, and yearned for a day when the element were so strong - due to Skall's immeasurable potential - that she could tear herself from it, and be with him. If it were not for his goals, to go far for other reasons, she would have not cared for dominance, or dealing with these other fools. All she cared about were him, and to that end, she would stop at nothing to prove that, by doing everything possible to help his plans come along. Then he'd understand that he couldn't live without her either. She were sure of it.

It served to them being some of the best working together, spirit and carrier. If not The best pairing, even if there had always been questions as to whatever Skall were just teasing her, and dragging her along throughout it all. Simply teasing her, and showing her the minimal need of attention and affection, to make her do whatever he wanted.

It would be ironic, if the Element of Lies herself, could not spot what might be the grandest lie ever presented to her, but she were too infatuated. Refused to even acknowledge the possibility, that he did not care for her. And truly, the only one who knew what the truth were on this matter, were Skall. And considering the element he used, nopony would ever truly believe his words, besides the element itself.

@FanOfManyShows

Sapphire could do much with this body she possessed. Destroy Sapphire, demolish Chariot, and leave the entire area as a smoking crater. The sniveling wimp of a colt she were in control of, had so much potential laying in his being, and yet none of it were ever realized. He had been raised as a brute, unaware of any semblance of the magic he possessed, and ever after she showed him but a taste of what he had, he refused to delve further into it. In fact, he only became more cautious, and unwilling to entertain the notion, that he could learn magic.

And then, Astral had come into the picture.

Her niece had lead him to explore magic some, which now that Emerald had his body, were proving useful to her. It saved her some preparation time, and perhaps in the end, would lead him towards being more realized in his power. A thorn in her side normally, as their relations were strained, but in the small sliver of hope, that they did not all conspire to stab her in the back, the moment they could, he could become useful to her. The more potential the more odds of one day, them finding a way to gain her a permanent body of her own, rather than this lecherous lifestyle. Between Astral, him, and the strange little zebra filly, Misty, that reeked of magic herself, there might be a way, in due time. Sapphire... She would not lay her trust that much in her sister again. Doing that once, were what ultimately got her into this position, and she did not want to see what the step below this would be.

Regardless, the ritual would go well, with the clear gem being used to transfer Sapphire - metaphysically kicking and screaming - into the clear gem, whilst the spirit remained inside of its element. As for the rat that were used as a sacrifice to direct the energies for this... Well, as she had said, there were only one way to deal with what were now a soulless husk, growing in size and ferocity, due to what had been done to it. And that were burning it, so she would take care of things herself with a little magical fire. It would be quick, and they could then move on to the next stage, which were bringing Sapphire herself back.

And right at this time, General Screecher would appear on the upper floor, having landed right outside of the door, and wandered straight in. She seemed to have a lot on her mind, and barely acknowledged that the other ones were there, as she made her way towards the basement. She seemed to have arrived alone though, for some reason, which seemed unusual. Then again, so did resurrecting somepony, so who could really judge on what were weird right now?

"Have you started without me?"

"Of course not, general. We've just been preparing things."

"Yes, I can smell that. I were under the impression that you already had an assigned, willing host for this?"

"The mare did not have the potential needed for this, and Chow offered himself to the cause. No worries, I ensured that the mare got returned to her family, alive and awake, as promised. He too will be given free, in due time."

"And speaking of freedom- You have been looked for, Warlock."

Screecher's eyes would narrow at Chariot. She still refused to use his real name, as she thought he had brought disgrace on his position, and had not yet earned the right in her eyes, to use that name again. She could not legally change his name of course, but she could personally refuse to use the one he had, until she thought he had earned it.

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 8/12/2020 at 7:30 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It doesn't matter if it connects back or not, it will dissolve if it doesn't."

"Huh, that's practical. With our branch of dragonkind, if a bone breaks off and doesn't set back agajn, we have to rip it out, whilst new bone grows where it used to be. It's a painful thing, depending on what were lost, but it beats having to deal with it constantly. Your way sounds better though. Same result, without the need to self mutilate."

It made sense for Ruby's branch to be like this though, really. Injuring yourself, whilst waiting for the wound to heal up, and bone to regrow? Not much of an issue in Equestria, where you could find protection, or solitude, since there weren't as much fighting that really mattered, if you knew were to go.

Yet in the raw wilderness, where survival of the fittest were a phrase taken very literally? You were just begging for something to mess with you then. Potentially fatally, which evolutionary speaking, made for a strong need to deal with grave injuries like this, more creatively.

It was fascinating to her really, learning about Ruby's branch of dragonkind like this. She would still proclaim that in the end, they were all still dragons, but that were a difference of opinion, that she didn't feel a need to rummage into again right now.

Leviathan would nod along as she heard further how the healing process worked for Ruby, which still seemed like it roughly followed the usual, draconic schedule. So it would be upwarzs of three more days before she were fully healed then, which considering the injury, weren't too bad. Far better than ponies at least. They'd need surgery to get a hip replacement, and likely be out for months, before they could start rehabilitation training. Such a waste of time, for creatures who lived so shortly.

On 8/12/2020 at 7:30 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You're enjoying this." her tone was calm and emotionless, there was no judgment or similar motives behind it, she was just stating an observation "I can tell when you smile, it's not only a visual change." "Family, I don't think you used that word jokingly." 

"...Heh. It's close to being one, isn't it? Two adults, caring for a youngling like this?"

Leviathan chuckled to herself a little, and shook her head. It had mostly been meant as a joke when she said it, but Ruby were right. There were some truth to the whole thing, and perhaps she weren't kidding as much as she had thought she had, in the moment.

"I know you don't care much for that sort of tag on things, and I understand it. Family for me, doesn't mean the same for you. But from my perspective, it feels close to what I yearn for. And even if it isn't a real one, it's close enough to what I have told you about. Parents, hatchlings, not trying to chase their own away suddenly, or rip eachother's throat out. At least most of the time. That is the baseline family dynamic that I have been looking for.

I could tell you why I want that so badly, but something tells me you wouldn't care to listen to it, and would just find it weak. But suffice it to say, that I were joking, though you're right. I suppose there were a little more to it than I let on.

Is this going to be an issue?"

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Agni would fly off her head momentarily, when Nada dove into the water, but return once he saw her resting with her head above the surface. Making himself comfortable on her scaley head once more, he'd soon enough doze off to sleep, and providing Nada with a nice, cozy hat, to keep her head warm. Not good during the height of summer, but autumn like now? Tended to be okay, and winter could be even better.

Yet that were for the future. Currently, the two of them needed rest, so Ziggy would get out of there, with Fah'lina clutching her head. She didn't want to stay behind alone with these two right now, so whatever the pony were going out to do, she'd follow along with it.

They wouldn't return for a long time, though that didn't mean things were perfectly silent. There'd be the sound of ruckus outside, then a sudden, very loud, reverberating croak. As if a massive mutant frog were out there or something.

If that were ignored, there would be the sound of further ruckus, and some ocassional bumps on the door, as if somepony - or something - tried to get in. Yet this were a very sturdy building, where not a whole lot of sound got in, or out of it, except an easy point when the door were interacted with. Which should put into perspective how loud the croak before had been.

They could just sleep through it, with some luck, or Nada at least, could swim away from it, and let the town deal with whatever went on out there by themselves, whilst Agni hid up on a shelf. It might be the wiser options, rather than getting involved in whatever were happening out there.

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"A strange place it sounds like, yet it appears as if it is where we need to be.

I will let it be up to you though, if we do this first, or go and handle the roasted hazelnuts. We need both done it seems, before the next inane task is fostered upon us.

*sigh* I hope it is soon done. I do not like the things we are tasked with, nor the limitations set upon us."

The trickster shared the sentiment of the sighing dryad, as it wrote in the dirt something about Anomaly stringing them along, though in a somewhat more vulgar tone. Quite a potty mouth on this thing it seemed, though so far at least, it were still on their side. It might be mostly for self preservation, but hey, it still counted.

As for the task at hand... Having to wander in alone, to face off against something called a ghost, did not sound appealing to Lyriel. Necessary perhaps, but at the same time, likely gruelling and unpleasant.

"What even is a ghost, Scarecrow? I find myself worried it is a dangerous creature, yet I have never encountered anything that claimed to be that.

Is it large? Poisonous maybe? It surely must be a foe not to meddle with, if it have infested a house of two ponies, and they cannot get rid of it. Is it perhaps some variant of termite?"

@Blitz Boom

“S-Sure...” Windy has become different this time, she was no longer confident and determined, but looking like she's about to give up. Her body was shaking violently which gave a hint she was very afraid.

When she touched down the street, she felt her heartbeat suddenly spike up. She knew this was made by Autumn's influence. As they approach the front door, manifestations of ponies and other creatures appeared standing in a row, surrounding them. Windy and Sorrow could recognize one of the manifestations of the four residents they met earlier: Quill Rhyme, Sandy and his wife, and the dragon who offered bits to Razor exchange of Autumn's life. They were all smiling, murmuring as they stared at the pair without even blinking. They are smiling not because Autumn is about to be appeased, they are smiling because they are Autumn's next victim. 

“Lookey, Lookey, looks like somepony wants to join the 'family'”

“Oh, I wonder how much pain and agony will they went through before they reach out momma, this will be interesting”

“He he he” 

“This will be fun” 

“I'm so excited I regret that I forgot to get my camera”

“I really want that flight suit to be mine” 

“Dad, I want to watch that mare with that skull necklace snap her neck” 

Windy flinched at the choice of words made by one of the foals standing among the crowd. 

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

@Blitz Boom

The Arrow missed.

"Multi continent, I wanna fight that! Does the original you statue look interesting?"

"Yeah, does it? Why is my text green? Did you forget my color?"

Maybe.

Pringle went to his normal beardie size and climbed on Anomaly again.

"Pringle says your statue sounds mean."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just nodded at Leviathan's note regarding healing, her kinds style was very much superior when compared to other creatures, but it of of course didn't come without compromise, as it took lot of energy and evolving into combat had taken away from their reproduction, which probably was for better considering the rest of the planet, her kind having also the superior numbers would mean quite a cruel end for most creatures. This need for energy probably was also why they ate meat instead of gems. Thinking about it made Ruby hungry again, not that she really showed it, having been on the edge of starving to death, her tolerance for hunger had grown quite a bit.

"No, because like you said, I don't care." Ruby said "Though I'd like to correct you a bit, it's not that my concept of family is different, it's more that we don't have one, I would never say our system has anything do with family, we don't even have a direct equivalent for that in our language." "We talk about bloodline, offspring and mother, for father our equivalent is more like 'the male' if we ever talk about it, we usually don't." even that wasn't the correct translation but there wasn't one in this language and that was the closest to the worth that the term gives the father.

"And you worry I would find something to be weak? Have you met me?" she pointed out, she was very self-aware about herself, and sometimes she wished she wasn't, but that happens when you decide to study the world outside your own bubble "It's not like I'm one to talk, I'm no longer one of my kind as much as I try to act like it, I have became mentally weak, ineffective." "I could crush you both in your sleep without effort, yet I won't." she crushed a small stone as she said it, she then let out an amused exhale and sneered "Why is your blood so weak mother, is there something you didn't tell me." the last sentence wasn't aimed at Leviathan, instead Ruby looked to the sky when she said it with disparaging grin on her face, before lowering her glance and going back to her usual coldness, though there was something more sinister/eery in it this time as she said something in her native language before heading towards the cave, where she would, assuming Leviathan didn't stop her for reason or another, move the small male on the softer material and laying down as far from him as she could in the small cave.

---------------------------------------
When the ruckus first started, Nada did go alert, but she didn't move, and when she heard to croak, she moved even less, somehow, she could tell that whatever this was was a creature from everfree, and since she didn't have her magic, she really didn't want to deal with monsters right now. Even when the creature started hitting the door, Nada didn't leave the water, she just looked at the door to see if it would hold, and since it didn't seem like the thing was getting through it, she submerged but didn't swim away, she just wanted to hide her scent until the creature lost interest, because as much as she didn't want anything to get broken, her own safety went above her friends' material goods.

Though since this creature sounded like a frog, she also kept the eye on the underwater entrance in case it figured out it existed, and if it did, she would fly in the house as it was the only other way, and tell Agni that he was free to burn whatever the creature was if it came out of the water while she prepared to weaponize her voice, she may have not been able to get creatures under her will anymore, but she could cause them pain if she was cornered.

------------------------------------
"It depends on where you think we may find the hazelnuts, because I suggest we go to which ever is closer first, I know the exact location of the hut, I would tell a time estimate but I can't tell a difference between few minutes and an hour." "It's in that direction..." Scarecrow pointed at a direction "...about 2000 or so steps away for someone of my size." (about 2 km)
He didn't really react to the 'birds' comment, but he found it interesting that a someone would create a creature capable of hating its creator.

"Ghosts are other type of undead...I think." He would explain whenever the decision about their next stop was decided "They are less a creature and more a...being." "I don't know what causes them to exist, but they are like me, creatures who have died but never left, but unlike me, they don't have physical body, though they can interact with physical world." "I have only seen this one, and I never interacted with...her, as I decided to keep my distance, but she seemed unpleasant and sadistic, not too different from a certain creature." "She was a pony, a mare to be exact, seemingly capable of turning into fog of some kind, and based on the plants around her, she is very cold in temperature." "The few animals around also avoided her."

@Blitz Boom

“Showoff! You have to teach me that sometime, Rosa!”

Lin was having a great time, laughing and enjoying the game so much she was no longer fazed when Rosa managed to get in a hit on her. Frankly, she was more awestruck by the thestral’s display of acrobatics, and a little jealous of it. Her shots would only get less accurate over time but that wasn’t a bother. With her sensor deactivated for a moment, the longma ran off from the spot, an unfortunate detriment for her brother who was using the opportunity to nab another free point. 

That, and the accompanying tingle of a sensor going off on Sen drew his attention to Omen, who appeared to have snuck up on him while he thought everyone was distracted. As he didn’t want to give himself away, he only looked back at his friend, smirking while wiggling one talon as if to tell her she won’t get the drop on him the next time. The longma looked on this game fondly, smiling and simply being content to revel in the happiness it gave him. It reminded Sen of his younger days playing similar games with the other village children. Even in Equestria, some things stay the same… 

But that was the extent of the reminiscing and Sen would soon bolt to another location, knowing Omen would follow. If he knew something about her, she would be an unrelenting tracker, a terrifying thought if it were a vicious forest predator but he was a lot safer in this instance. If the longma were to break line of sight and replicate the chaotic crossfire, perhaps he could capitalize on some free points. With Rosa chasing Lin and Omen after him, Sen would need to rely on speed and cunning to create the opening he needs.

Meanwhile, Lin would find herself running back to area with the slippery floor, but this time, she’d wait for Rosa to try and catch up to her. Despite expecting to slip at some point, she was going to wait in the open, already planning on something to give her a quick exit. Sen taught her many things about survival, lessons that served her well during exile. Maybe one more will prove useful in this game…