Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't push things any further with Leviathan, why would she? as far as she was concerned, telling her that it's not wise to let your emotions control you was all she could do, and honestly, it wasn't unexpected, very few dragons liked to be told what to do. Charir also didn't think too much about her ignoring him, she was clearly annoyed, and getting ignored was lot better than what he usually got from annoyed dragons.  

Ruby didn't pay much attention the the more obvious happenings like the movement around them, as she assumed it to be more illusions, she was lot more focused on things that the trickster didn't know she could notice, though she did always check on Charir when something happened in case he was able to notice it too and was planning to flee. 

It wouldn't be long until she started getting suspicious though, partly because they were obviously directed to a certain direction, and partly due to Leviathan's behavior, her first thought was that Leviathan was seeing illusions, but there was also another possibility, one that if true, would mean that her focus on things had broken off at some point for reason or another. 

She focused on the two pieces of jewelry she had given Charir and Leviathan, ignoring rest of her senses for a moment, pinpointing where those two things were, before checking if it matched with her other senses, this wasn't visible from outside in any special way, it would just look like she was listening intensely while she walked.

-------------------
"I'm older yes, but I did spend the last 1000 years in one lake." Nada pointed out "But I can tell you what I know." "Firstly, I was never taught to avoid any poisonous animals, that probably means something." "And besides that, I have eaten plenty of creatures and even some plants that seemed like they could be poisonous, but I have never gotten anything worse than a slight bellyache." "I also once before the whole siren-sisters thing tested alcohol, but at least with the amount I took it did nothing." "That's all I know for sure, but I'll still share what I think." "I don't think we are immune to poison, or well, maybe to certain poisons common in sea-life we may be, but not all poisons, we are more likely just resistant to most of them, maybe our bodies can get rid of them better or something." 

--------------------
Scarecrow was surprised when Lyriel said she couldn't even feel him through the disguise, Anomaly was many things, but she certainly did things well when she wanted to.
"Things sound and look bit different but other than that I barely notice anything." he said "My movements also feel a bit more limited, probably because I now follow movements that are considered physically normal." "In conclusion, I wouldn't want to be like this for rest of my existence, but it works for what it is meant for, and i'll probably get used to it when I start using it more often."

@Catpone Cerberus

The piece of jewelry were exactly were it looked like it were, around Leviathan's arm.

However, the illusions had gone on for a while now. All the way back at the cave, before this bracelet were even handed over in the first place. Who could say for sure what had gone on in the interval between them leaving the cave, and getting these shinies on them?

With her focus on high alert though, Ruby should be able to tell there were a few other oddities with Leviathan. For one, she didn't seem to breathe right. It appeared to be stable and consistent, but that was just it. Why was it consistent, when she seemed to be riled up? It should be erratic at the very least, as she went through varied emotional tantrums.

This also conflicted with the way she were acting when it came to moving. She seemed to be angry and annoyed still, but at the same time, consistently just wandering forward, and leading them towards the edge of this illusory field? And the edge it seemed to be. The wind, animal life, and general smells and sounds of the forest, seemed to not carry any sort of anomalous effects, if they followed the direction they were in. A lucky break, considering they were changing directions at times, were it not?

Though depending on how good her senses were, Ruby might also note one thing that were rather telling: Leviathan did not seem to have a heartbeat, befitting of a dragon, but rather something smaller, with a quicker paced hearth rhythm. Unfitting of a regularly strong dragons heart, even for a smaller one like her.

There'd be warmth, breaths, and all the minor details, but the sound of a great, pumping heart of a dragon, were nowhere to be found. Something which might be easier to sense in her, than regular dragons Ruby dealt with, as Leviathan were a lean runt of a dragon. Less layers between the heart and scales.

Something appeared to be amiss. Though what were it, and what were the end game in all of this? Especially if it seemed like they were being lead out of here?

========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ooooh, maybe you have a sort of enzyme, that can function as sort of a universal antitoxin? If siren's evolved to live among more venomous creatures, like certain jellyfish, there might be a sort of really wide spread array of those in your body, that means you have mass coverage of all poisons, to varied degrees. That's be amazing if that were true. There's still some poisons that us doctors dunno how to treat, but maybe with the help of sirens, we could fix that then?

Just not yet, hehe. We'll need sirens accepted into society first, so noise folks don't start asking questions about were we got a small blood sample, and other stuff from. Gotta make sure to keep this siren cabin all shush.

Have you told your new friend that she shouldn't tell others about you, Nada? Or don't she know what you are? I guess that might work too.

And I'm not saying she'd betray you at all. She looked all nice and sweet when I saw her. But if she were made today, maybe she doesn't know better, right?"

"It's an option, but I'm sure Nada here took precautions.

By the way, you talk about eating plants and animals. What sort of animals? I don't work with meat myself, as that's kinda gross, but our chef doesn't mind. Maybe next time he got some leftover dishes done with meat, I could bring some of that here? Pretty sure he still have some of that swordfish left, that got roasted earlier today... Hmmm, I gotta make sure when I'm on the clock next time."

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"So it is like a large costume then, and not a full package, with peculiar, or even painful feelings then? That is good. Seems like that means that your reward are quite a blessing, and as you say, what restrictions us regular mortals have to deal with, I am sure you will grow accustomed to. It is merely a matter of time, and I suppose, a question of how often you will make use of this disguise.

I wish there were a more immediate solution to my issue, but... Yes, I suppose it is best if I explain it, as best I can.

In essence, it appears that the Earth Mother does not agree with the plan I had, for my siblings. She wants them to make the pilgrimage here on their own, and earn their redemption, not simply be granted it.

I have not seen Anomaly show the respect the Earth Mother deserves, yet I sadly have to rely on the two of them figuring something out, as it appears that they are in negotiations on how to do this. It leaves me in a limbo, yet I beg with every fiber in my body, that she shows mercy upon her children, and leads them the path towards redemption. Even after all they have done, I do not wish to see them lost, but all I can do now, is to prey that the Earth Mother feels the same, and will come to see reason on this matter, rather than remain stubborn.

...May she forgive me for the doubt in my heart..."

Being a dryad was not just a matter of being a creature protecting nature. It was a deeply religious connection too, with their faith in the Earth Mother being a large cornerstone of their very existence. To openly doubt her like this, were visibly something Lyriel felt saddened by, as it went against her world view. Yet at the same time, she had proven stubborn on this, rather than open for the chance of them finding their way back into her fold, and it made Lyriel question things. Things which left a sour taste in her mouth, and a gloomy cloud in her mind, as it went against what she had grown to believe.

Hopefully there were more meaning in this, and she were merely not seeing it yet. She prayed it were that at least. Otherwise, she did not know what to do anymore.

@Blitz Boom

Skall walked forward, only smirking at Grogars warning, he had been in Tartarus himself many times, he knew every corner, it was very familiar.
Fortunately some odd folk who desired power freed him, much like Skall did with Grogar.
"I recall hearing somewhere that Tirek was on the outer layer yes... Should be in plain sight."

He walked past the creatures on the way, who seemed to backup into their cages around him, as he gave a quick toothy grin at them
"Where are these wardens anyway? I don't see them often"

================

"Well then they sure did a bad job at containing it if I've seen several copies of this element so far."
She turned away, pacing
"And I won't be talking to Skall either, that fool is pursuing a foolish goal of power and control. I just want revenge."

The tree tops bustled, moving around as Rose looked to them, looking to Emerald
"Even if he did somehow know he would have it already."

"Sounds like we have a common enemy, we both need that element."
Rose suddenly blasted into the trees towards the voice, leaving a carved hole
"That wouldn't affect me Rose."
He landed down, grinning as he looked to Emerald, cracks surrounding a wound on his chest,
the blood pouring out seeming to then pool back in, he didn't look like he was in good condition either,

"I saw you die, how are you here?"

Being a user of blood magic, Emerald could likely tell he was using blood magic to avoid bleeding to death, and he was rather close to it. 
Yet perhaps he was also using healing magic, it is an odd mixture of blood and dark magic he is using.

Rose rose her claws at him as he chuckled
"It is of no matter, you're seeking the protector of the element of betrayal? I sunk the tomb of the protector. I can take you there
From there we can extract it's location from his corpse."

@Blitz Boom
After Ruby had made sure that there really was someone in front of her, she started paying attention to Leviathan's reactions and small details indication emotion, having lived a life where it was important to be able to read others in case they're a threat. She did it because she wanted to know if Leviathan was having active illusions that caused her odd behavior, instead she noticed the odd details about her which then lead to her realizing that they seemed to be exiting the area, which in turn made her think about how suspiciously easy this had been, especially considering she had been threatened directly.

The most obvious conclusion was that this wasn't Leviathan, but something else, though that didn't mean she should work with only that possibility in mind, since it could be that the oddities themselves were the illusion. She didn't show that she suspected something, and instead spoke to Charir, her tone sounded like she could have said something about them finally getting out, but in truth that was just an act, in truth she told Charir what she believed was going on, who regardless of being so young knew to act normal, asking something that could be thought to be 'are you sure' based on the way he said it.

Then, without warning, Ruby 'accidentally' blew out few flames at the possibly fake Leviathan, they weren't hot and didn't last long, just enough to lit on fire anything flammable. She disguised it as coughing like something had stuck to her throat.

If this didn't do anything, she would observe the reaction if it matched how Leviathan would react as far as she knew her, and would then grab the suspected trickster from what for Leviathan would have been the waist and hold her in place against the ground and say in similar tone as her first words to Leviathan had been in "Our first meeting, in exact detail, now." with her expression showing that she was not playing around. This was information nobody else would know, as they hadn't talked about the exact details at any point, but that was not all that she was looking for, she looked at the reaction too, and not only the obvious one, but everything from small changes in eyes to change in heartbeat.

Her grip was also such that if she was holding real Leviathan, it would hurt but not do damage, but it was anything smaller or softer, it would most likely have hard time breathing and would probably hurt themselves if they struggled too much. 

This was bit risky of course, since if she was wrong, this may chase Leviathan and possibly Charir away from her, but then again, she trusted Leviathan to trust her enough to understand her actions if she indeed was wrong. And speaking of Charir, he seemed genuinely scared, as always.

If Ruby was proved right at any point, regardless how, well...whoever was fooling her would need to choose their next words and actions very carefully.

---------------------------------
Nada shrugged at Ziggy's suggestion, she didn't know for sure any more than what she had said, so she couldn't really comment on said suggestion, it seemed possible, more likely than just happening to be resistant to things she had happened to taste, but ultimately it was just a guess.
"The shark pony? she just called me 'big friend' so I don't think I need to worry, besides, I don't think she would know how to tell anyway, she seemed to have trouble with language." 

"I eat all meat, though I prefer fish and other creatures that live in water." she explained "To put it simply, if it doesn't have fur or feathers anymore, I'll eat it, I got sick of the taste of those during my time alone." "But if I can choose, I will take anything that didn't have those in the first place." 

-------------------------------
Scarecrow wasn't really big on religions of any sort, partly because any gods or other powerful beings that there may be had clearly abandoned him, but he figured it pretty early that this Earth Mother was very important to Lyriel, and since Anomaly actually had trouble with her, it seemed that this being was also real. "I can only wish for things to go well for you and rest of your kind." "This is clearly something that has to be solved between beings more powerful than I and you." "And the bad thing about powerful beings is that they tend to do what they want, and won't do what they don't want." 

@Blitz Boom

“Might be good to know there are some nicer nobles in Equestria, even if it would put my brother’s mind at ease knowing they’re not all bad. For now, I think I’m more content with the small towns and their more grounded atmosphere. That usually reminds me of home. Elder Ghilan may also like to see a place so similar to one we currently live in.”

Lin walked closer to Mary’s booth and was rather stumped by what to get for Rosa. She knew what she wanted in this gift but wasn’t quite certain what it was she was looking for. 

“Small, easy to carry, probably something that would look good when worn. I’m not sure if there are any trinkets that meet that criteria for a male thestral, but you seem to know what you’re selling, Mary. Is there something you could recommend?” 

Going back to the dart game with Sen and Rosa, the longma seems to be in this awkward position where he’d like nothing more than to continue talking about the subject and focusing on the game. He appreciated these kinds of talks and would want to have more of them, but there’s also the part where he’d have to catch up. Rosa was already building a comfortable lead based on three most recent throws. Maybe there would be a little more time later. For now, there’s still a bit of competition to indulge in before the game concludes. 

“We’re all growing tougher and stronger every day. We’ve all weathered many storms in the past, and if it makes you feel better, I know you will continue to stand strong against those that are yet to come. Perhaps now there are more opportunities to have stronger friendships. The new you could be more attached and tender, or could afford to be those things at the very least.”

Once it was Sen’s turn, he went back to flicking the darts, this time with less force. The first landed in a comfortable spot between the triple and double 19. His next attempt flew to the far right, just short of a double 6. The last one took him by surprise, landing on a triple 12.

“Whoa! I think I’m getting the hang of this. That’s a good one, right? I mean, I know you’re still ahead but I think I can still catch up to you.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Sekel

Kaltrop turned his long head bashfully to one side and spent a notable tick contemplating the mare's question.

"...I don't know friendship. Or however things work with You Ponies, but I do know how it tends to be with dragons. So long as we're not mauling each other regularly, then we can live together well enough. I..."

The drakeling rubbed his neck as he spoke. "...do want to live with you. Around you. So long as you're not always picking fights with me.

... You know, in that way. You're alot like a dragon. You are quite Hot." 

.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.

@Catpone Cerberus

Cerberus's spritely companion had not followed his jump. The little ball of light, whatever the creature may have been, stood at the edge of the cliffside nearest the bolder he stood on in roughly the direction he had leaped from.

Any scientist could tell you that most things in nature didn't take sudden, unstable turns like a mountain collapsing on you. Nature was a slow process most couldn't see happening. Most adventurers would tell you that, however rare the ground collapsing under you might be, it always seemed to happen around you at the worst times.

As the rock he was on tilted away as slow as a car pulling away, slowly but steadily the corner facing the bluff side he had come from and only other place to run to grew further away as that side tilted upward. Encouragingly, his light little friend shouted back to him.

Jump! Jump, you fool!

@Windy Breeze

On 11/22/2020 at 12:45 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“Huh? Who's talking?”

"Don't be afraid. Legion wouldn't hurt a soul. But they are worried if you are okay, just as I am."

Tepe were clearly rather delusional. Not in a harmful way, and he did seem to be somewhat aware of things around him, but he were deep in denial. He did not seem to realize he were dead, nor truly were he were, or grasp his lack of recognition from other beings. He didn't seem to understand that they couldn't see him, nor hear him.

He were a strong spirit, that had been around for a while though. If he focused, he could manifest, and show himself that way. Even speak so that normal beings would be able to hear him. She knew he were able to interact, as his hoof had met hers before. But it required him to embrace and accept that he were dead, to control this, and he did not seem able to do so.  In fact... He seemed to be having a minor episode of sorts now. Beginning with the last thing Sorrow wanted to be faced with: An expression of fear. Rarely did something good begin with that, when it came to spirits.

“Big brother, come baaaaack!”

“Tepe, please Ancestors, don't let something happen to him”

“It's my fault, it's my fault!”

“Come back, please!”

“Fadhila, Thamani, Dad, Mom, I'm right here, can't you guys see me!?”

“I-I sense a bad aura from you” he stuttered but tried to maintain a calm expression, but this facade will crumble “I'm sorry, but I have to leave. I can't stay here for too long, I have to find my way to my herd, my family” he was apologetic, but if this Sorrow spells danger, then he has to run away, especially from the rodent skull, Legion, whom he is mostly afraid of.

There were seemingly something slipping through his delusions. From the sound of it, the energy from Legion might be the catalyst for that, but the impending realization seemed to horrify him. And could he be blamed? The realization that you were dead, would be devastating for anyone.

"Wait, Tepe. I know it's hard, but you mustn't run away from this feeling, or you might get lost again, and you'll never find your herd. Please, I only want to help you. You don't want to go out there and not be heard again, right? This isolation... It'll hurt you."

Windy might worry if she came out, and couldn't find her, but if he ran, then Sorrow would have to run after Tepe. Provided he didn't run through a wall of course. She were still plain and mortal, so that wasn't an option for her.

“Quill, do you like horror novels? I successfully made a novel about zombies and tried publishing it in Canterlot, but my nerve is too much of a coward for me to do what I want” she whispered to her. Despite the mentioning of horror genre, this appear to calm her down.

Blaze weren't sure what they were talking about, but whatever Windy were doing, it seemed to be helping her patient. So frankly whatever it were, didn't matter, as much as the effectiveness of it. Besides, to calm her down, it were probably something person, that she shouldn't be sticking her nose into anyway. Had to allow them a lil' bit of privacy, right? Long as it didn't hurt anypony, and the likeliness of Quill being calmed down, from Windy whispering something akin to *Three seconds, and we jump the nurse* were pretty unlikely.

"That's good Miss Rhyme. Just stay calm, and everything will be alright. Nopony will push you about this anymore. Just... Push it away, and try not to think about it for now."

@EQ_Theta

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Small, easy to carry, probably something that would look good when worn. I’m not sure if there are any trinkets that meet that criteria for a male thestral, but you seem to know what you’re selling, Mary. Is there something you could recommend?”

The mayor had just nodded, thinking there were little more he could add to this, for the time being, and let the situation with Mary and Lin unfold for now.

"I think I know something... This."

Mary pulled out a small box from under the counter, and opened it, to show a box of things that she hadn't had a chance to get up yet.

One in particular that she pulled up, were a piece of jewelry. A hoof piercing, to be exact, which looked like a small, halfway burned candle, with a flickering flame. The whole thing seemed to be made of some sort of weird, night-sky colored rock, which glittered faintly when light hit it, as if one were looking at a condensed piece of the night sky.

"Thestrals like stuff with this. It's moon rock. My uncle sent me some, so I made it into small jewelries. I forgot to put them up though."

It were not as rare a thing as one might think. Minor sky rubble tended to fall down with some degree of regularity, in certain areas, and usually there were some sort of folks laying claim to that area, and mining it. Moon stone were pretty much useless to everything, but it looked pretty in the light, so it were sometimes used for minor statues, or just raw rocks to keep around for the novelty. Wasn't good as bricks, as it couldn't take the sort of pressure needed for a building, but small stuff like this? Perfectly fine.

“We’re all growing tougher and stronger every day. We’ve all weathered many storms in the past, and if it makes you feel better, I know you will continue to stand strong against those that are yet to come. Perhaps now there are more opportunities to have stronger friendships. The new you could be more attached and tender, or could afford to be those things at the very least.”

"I am painfully aware that I need to be better, at confronting things positively, and being more open about things. You may have noticed how much have changed since we first met, and until now? That is at least to me, some degree of proof, that the exterior is cracking, ever so slightly. What will come of it, I know not, but I do think everything is starting to help on things, in their own way. Including how I finally confronted my brother.

Regardless, no matter what happens, I feel blessed that I know some good, kind souls, such as you. It will warm the heart in times to come. But I don't think we should dwell on tomorrow. Let us try and enjoy tonight, if that is okay?"

There had been too much time spent on the gloomy future, and the dismal past already. This were a festival, and he'd much prefer to have good memories to fall back on, for years to come, rather than remember himself wasting time, being sullen.

Once it was Sen’s turn, he went back to flicking the darts, this time with less force. The first landed in a comfortable spot between the triple and double 19. His next attempt flew to the far right, just short of a double 6. The last one took him by surprise, landing on a triple 12.

“Whoa! I think I’m getting the hang of this. That’s a good one, right? I mean, I know you’re still ahead but I think I can still catch up to you.”

"I would think it a fair chance, if you can hit more triples. Those points will carry you long, though remember that it is not about just getting the most. To win, one must hit an exact number, and finish with a double. There is yet chances for you, even if you ended up behind."

Rosa would throw, hit a double 8, a 16, and almost hit a bull's eye, but had to settle for the other, inner ring. He'd get closer to victory ever more, but he may yet lose. The game were still fully open for all.

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Leviathan would jump into the air and flail when she were set on fire, and start to... Squeak? That seemed odd, as did it that her form seemed to flicker under the flames.

The grip couldn't hold either, and Ruby would find that her hand eventually slipped through the more and more loose-feeling leg. And eventually, she'd see why: Most of Leviathan were an illusion. A good one, as it had carried the shiny too, but it were fake, and the only real thing left after the exterior burned too much, were a bunch of loose branches, and a rat. The latter of which would scurry along, while the branches turned to ash from the fire.

"Awh, and I was just starting to think I could get you all the way out of here first. Maybe I didn't imitate her right?

Don't worry about your friend anyway. She's perfectly fine, and it's not like you'd be able to find her anyway. Why not just go out, and enjoy some of that silly real world, while I have some fun with her?"

Large arrows, shining and red, floated out of the trees, and pointed towards the exit they had been headed towards before.

"Hehe. And to think, you didn't even notice the sleep spell in the hole before, or how she got replaced! Bet you didn't even see her slump down there. Hehe, I'm the greatest!"

A yipping laugh would bellow out, before the odd sensation of nothing, would move away from them. In a direction to their left. That might be the way back. Considering how peculiarly strong Ruby's senses were, compared to normal dragons, it seemed unlikely that the kitsune were kidding with this. It were likely the path back. Or they could exit now. It were up to Ruby, honestly.

===================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Definitely gonna ask him about the swordfish then. It should probably be okay. He hates there being leftovers, and he won't ask who it's for. Especially not if I make Stare ask him."

"She's that really quiet waitress, right?"

"Uhuh. My coworker. We got all sorts of funny personalities at Sloppy Joe's.

Anyway, maybe tomorrow, I could bring some of that stuff around after work. You might wanna watch out for the little one though. Something tells that she'd steal a bowl of fish stew if she got the chance."

Fah'lina looked up, and give her best innocent eyes at Berry, and softly squeaked. As if she were saying *Who? Me?*. A nice trick, but it didn't work so well when you knew her, and Berry weren't falling for it.

"Yeah, you. If I make sure there's two bowls, will you leave her food alone?"

The nodding, and gleeful rubbing of paws from the mimic, seemed to give an answer to that. So there were a plan of action to go on.

"Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for other things that's fitting what you told me, Nada. Better than to toss perfectly good food, just because there were more dish than customers that day, right?"

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have been told, that draconequui are considered to be demi gods. Beings above us, yet below the stand of true gods.

Yet I feel as if there are more to it, if they can stand and act as equals to the Earth Mother. Maybe her boundaries weakens her, and puts her lower than her stand would normally be? *sigh* I think I must learn of other gods to get answers, yet for now, what you said are the truth to keep in mind. This is a matter for godly beings, and those like us, must merely hope they show mercy upon us. May the years of faithful worship I have provided, carry some weight in their talks."

Lyriel did not worship to gain something, as others might, when it came to their praise of gods. Not more than a purpose, and a guiding light forward, that would show her the path she must thread. This were the first time she asked something more important in return, and though it did not start off well, she would uphold her faith, and pray in the coming days, for mercy upon her fallen brethren. It were all she could do now, as the negotiations would commence, between the two natural beings.

===================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"They linger in the true Tartarus, beneath these caves. Where it is not a prison for the living, but damnation for the dead. But if too much gets disturbed up here, they will come. Hades does not like unwanted guests."

There were much Hades did not like frankly, but Grogar had little interest in sharing any of it, beyond this. The olden creature and him had struck a bargain long ago, that would benefit them both, but it did not mean that he were one to share stories of jolly times they had in the past. No. What there were to say, were for Hades himself to share, and he were unlikely to do so. At least to a living mortal, such as Skall.

Cerberus would lead them into the area where the cages stood, and if they looked around, they should soon find Tirek. Others too of course, but if it were him alone they were after, he'd be currently tied up in a cage, with pale, glowing chains. Seems like someone had been a naughty taur, and gotten tied up for a time. A time he spent to sleep a little, from the looks of things.

@FanOfManyShows

On 11/24/2020 at 6:09 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"Well then they sure did a bad job at containing it if I've seen several copies of this element so far."
She turned away, pacing
"And I won't be talking to Skall either, that fool is pursuing a foolish goal of power and control. I just want revenge."

"It weren't always in their grasp, so it might have spawned some before they contained it. But it is hard to say right now. We'll need more information first."

And information they would soon get, as a certain creature would pop out, and cause Rose to get into a rather destructive mood. Seemed like a bad creature to surprise, this draconequus, and not for the usual reasons. One might wonder what caused this one to be so far removed from the jolly, chaotic ways of her kind... But Emerald did not care much to know. She were just here to fulfill her end of a bargain, and then figure out how they got Rose sorted afterwards, seeing as she would perhaps end up with likely the strongest of all the elements.

Though lo and behold, they'd be met with a most curious sight. A balancing magic user, weaving healing and blood, to ensure he survived what seemed like quite a nasty wound.

Not that it were too far to be considered impossible. Healing and Sacrificial magic, were two sides of the same coin in some aspects. A matter of giving and taking, where healing were applying the baseline magic more selflessly, whereas blood were more selfish. In principle at least. One could use blood magic in a healing capacity, though she had not seen it to this extend before. Fascination really.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:09 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"I saw you die, how are you here?"

Being a user of blood magic, Emerald could likely tell he was using blood magic to avoid bleeding to death, and he was rather close to it. 
Yet perhaps he was also using healing magic, it is an odd mixture of blood and dark magic he is using.

Rose rose her claws at him as he chuckled
"It is of no matter, you're seeking the protector of the element of betrayal? I sunk the tomb of the protector. I can take you there
From there we can extract it's location from his corpse."

"With a wound like that, you won't be useful forever. As it seems we may have a use for you, might I suggest a detour to a graveyard? If we can exhume a recently departed, of the correct race, I believe we could cause a more permanent fix. A little dark magic-based healing never hurt anypony... Much."

They likely knew what she were referring to: She'd take some parts from one who were recently dead, and therefor had working body parts, and use them to replace what had been ruined on their companion. It would hurt immensely, and the side effects would short term, feel ghastly, but he were a big boy. Surely he could shrug through these minor inconveniences, and appreciate being whole again afterwards? Of course, as he had to maintain his own life in his current manner, he wouldn't be able to do so himself, but there were more than one blood user here.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Wait, Tepe. I know it's hard, but you mustn't run away from this feeling, or you might get lost again, and you'll never find your herd. Please, I only want to help you. You don't want to go out there and not be heard again, right? This isolation... It'll hurt you."

This seems to stop the urge in Tepe's mind to run away. She's right, he'll never find his heard, especially when he doesn't know where he's going, directionless, like a wandering soul. He mentally flinched at the mention of ghosts. Like his teachers said when he was a colt, it's easy to find a solution when someone decides to help you, all what Sorrow said made sense, but he is cautious of her, specially the aura he could feel coming from her. From the skull. His legs are still shaking, yet he was able to stare at her with his blue eyes.

“With the aura I felt from you, it's making it difficult for me to trust you, nevertheless, those words which came out of your mouth are moral and virtous, maybe I should give you a chance for me to trust you and believe in your pleads to help me reunite with my herd, and my family”

He could hear cruel laughter in the background, but ignored it. He's inside a safe heaven, there's no way a group of hyenas could enter without the ponied intervening them.

Quill took several calming breathes, cloudy grumpy fear slowly going away to replace her mind with a joyous clear day, she managed to become calm thanks to Windy's attempt to imitate Writer's voice and dialogue.

Windy looks back at Blaze and smiled.

@Blitz Boom

“If getting a close match will lift your spirits, I’m gonna have to step up! Watch this!”

Sen’s voice perked up, brimming with confidence, and aiming to get his and Rosa’s mind off the grim and into something a little more festive. Sen was lagging behind, after all, and it would definitely be a surprise to close the gap. Of course this would be a more daunting task seeing as the longma needed to land several triples, an unlikely thing knowing Sen’s score thus far. 

He’d step up and take aim. Just like the archery game, this one needed razor-sharp focus to get a good hit in the center. A bullseye would be good, but landing several darts on the outer ring may be an acceptable alternative. The first dart landed off to the left, on a double 5. The second made its way on 19; close, but lower than what the longma expected. The last dart made its way to the center, though the tip would show it landing above the bullseye.

“Alright! The darts are starting to feel a little better in my claws right now. I’m liking my odds, but I believe you still have the lead.”

In reality, Sen wasn’t even sure how he’s faring with Rosa. Consistent triples aren’t exactly the easiest thing to pull off and the longma was more interested in trying to get one dart to land right in the middle of the board. That strategy might not even be better in the long run when odds and percentages are factored in. Then again, Sen probably just wanted to say he got a bullseye to make himself feel better. 

As for Lin, she examined the moon rock, and wasn’t quite sure what to make of them. No doubt they looked beautiful, and it definitely reminded her of the star sapphire she wore around her neck, but it was probably the name that got her stumped. Not that it was a bad thing…. Or maybe it might sound a little more ominous than what the name suggests. 

“I’m not quite sure what kind of jewelry this is. And did I hear you right? Moon rock? I think you might have to explain this one to me because this weird idea just came to my head. The moon isn’t falling apart, right? It’s just a nice name to call these things?”

@EQ_Theta

Rosa's eyes narrowed a little at the last dar, as he weren't sure at first if it had hit the center or not. Though sadly, it seemed as if it had not. By a fraction, it had just managed to hit outside that circle, and land in the same area as his had. Yet, Sen's were closer. This were going to prove an interesting challenge indeed.

(From here on out, dice roll will determine Rosa's shots)

"You're picking this up far faster than the archery or knife throwing. Might be we have found something which could prove an entertaining hobby for you, to trounce others in. Or potentially a minor career choice, if you are well focused, and end up good enough to compete with the professionals. You'd be surprised how popular competitive dart is in certain areas. But I believe I am thinking too far ahead of myself again. Maybe it were but a fluke? Hmhm, we'll see soon enough, but I doubt it. Consistent improvement does not signal that, and your play is not erratic, as much as that."

Maybe he himself should try a little trick he had learned from one of his old trainers too. One of the nicer ones, whom he had less bad to say about. He might even say that in some, strange way, she had been a welcome, stern mother figure of sorts in his early upbringing, though he would have never dared to speak such a sentence near the aging mare. She'd have him glued to a board, and command the other students to practice on avoiding to hit him, as much as possible. She were a strong believer of personal connections, not being suitable for their kind. But she did also believe in respect, and long as you showed her some, she would return in kind.

"...Do not think, little bat. Act, and believe in your instincts."

He'd mumble a little to himself, as these words passed his lips, and he pulled up the darts. A deep breath would roll through his lungs, and when it exhaled, he'd fire the darts off, one by one, in quick succession. At which point he'd remain looking focused, which he were. He were just trying to think less, and try and trust in his muscle memory. Usually not something he did unless he were in actual combat, but there were no harm in testing the waters here, right?

The first dart hit 19, smack in the middle between the double and triple points areas. The next were 17, edging ever so close to it's neighbor, but with an inch or so to spare. And as for the last, it were close, but it managed to hit well in the outer circle, scoring him a double 14. A fair end to a rather okay round, truth be told. Not many extra points, but the base ones did end up making for quite a nice sum, as he had still hit the higher numbers. This may yet turn in his favor then. Or rather, stay there, as he were a little in front of Sen prior to this, but it were still a very open game.

"Huh. It would appear there are some merits to Mrs. Ironeye's teachings when it comes to this discipline... Further attempts is needed though, to see if that will hold.

I'd advise against it for you though, Sen. I have some degree of muscle memory, when it comes to small, throwable objects. I think if you try to follow your instincts, it will be with the muscle memory of one chugging a substantially heavier spear. But I digress, I suppose. It is your turn now. Let's see what you got. Unless you want to give up, right here and now?"

There were a teasing, challenging tone in his voice, and glimmer in his eyes, as he said that to Sen. He'd obviously not surrender, but it were fun poking at him a little like this, and well, boast a little, one might argue. It were not meant in a bad sense either. Just a sort of call for Sen to rise to the challenge. And after Rosa had picked up his darts, they'd see if he could rise to that challenge, and humble the thestral a little.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:44 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’m not quite sure what kind of jewelry this is. And did I hear you right? Moon rock? I think you might have to explain this one to me because this weird idea just came to my head. The moon isn’t falling apart, right? It’s just a nice name to call these things?”

"It sometimes falls from the sky, and my uncle farms them. Bat ponies think they're pretty."

"Legends goes the stones started to fall, after Nightmare Moon got trapped in the moon, and the chunks we find, are from the rocks she scattered, while she were trying to escape. It's probably not that, but I don't know anypony that knows for sure. Sometimes, these things just falls out of the sky in a few places, during night, and as such, we call them moon stones. Have been happening for centuries, and the moon have not changed shape, so I doubt it is breaking apart.

It's not the best stone for heavy lifting like buildings, but trinkets and the like, are not too uncommon. The areas that have a meteor garden tend to sell it to tourists, or others who use it for them. As I recall, Mary's uncle Merry-Go Round, have one of these gardens, so it is likely him who send her a few. Is that not right, Mary?"

"Yes. I like him. He's a clown."

Though her face were obscured, Mary sounded a bit more cheery, as she said what her uncle were, and just how she talked about him in general. Seemingly a favored member of her family, from the filly's perspective.

"Quite literally. And if you are not aware what a clown are, Lin, it is a performer. They wear rather colorful clothing, face makeup, and do physical comedy. Simplistic things to some, but the good ones gets their laughs, so I won't judge. Whatever gets the intended effect, yes?

Though it makes me wonder. What sort of performers does the longma have? You can see plenty of what we have to offer, at this splendid festival. Yet what comes from the homestead? If it is okay to ask, that is?"

==================================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 11/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“With the aura I felt from you, it's making it difficult for me to trust you, nevertheless, those words which came out of your mouth are moral and virtous, maybe I should give you a chance for me to trust you and believe in your pleads to help me reunite with my herd, and my family”

So he did not take off then. That was fortunate. Sorrow were already getting looks for talking to seemingly nothing, so her running around and chasing nopony they could see, were not going to help her cause either.

Yet, it would not help if he kept acting like this. The effect of the necklace might be efficient in helping at times, but it seemed dangerous to try and shake him into reality right now. It might cause a breakdown, and with an old soul like this? Autumn might end up seeming like an amateur, if he cracked. So best to try and avoid that, and ease him into things, as best she could.

"Legion? Would you mind please tuning down a little? I think Tepe would prefer it."

Legion's eyes flickered around, silently for a few seconds, before the lights dimmed some, and the effect it radiated lowered in volume. Long as he did not go within a hoof's width of Legion now, Tepe should not be able to feel it. Though this would not last forever. They could not repress this aura indefinitely, but they could give him momentary respite. That were a fine start.

"They mean well, Tepe. Please understand that you have nothing to fear from them, even if you felt a strange magic radiate from it. They are kind of a beacon, to guide those in need towards us, so we can help them.

Could you tell me of those you're looking for? Your herd, and your family? Where did you last see them?"

On 11/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, Windy Breeze said:

Quill took several calming breathes, cloudy grumpy fear slowly going away to replace her mind with a joyous clear day, she managed to become calm thanks to Windy's attempt to imitate Writer's voice and dialogue.

Windy looks back at Blaze and smiled.

"There, much better. Could you tell me. Miss Rhyme, if you feel any physical pain for me to check up on? Even if it seems like nothing, it'd best to get checked up on."

Quill were getting better, so that were good. Mentally at least, which weren't her field to dig into, but merely to stamp with a big *Do not pry!* on her paperwork. The physical side however, were her domain, and it were time that she tended to that, now that Quill were aware enough to tell her if she felt any physical pain that hadn't been obviously visible before.

@Blitz Boom

Tepe was confused when she talked to someone named Legion, though none of the ponies passing by took attention, only a few who were giving them looks. Then when he looked at her again, he realized who Legion actually was.

Its a rodent skull!

Of all the creatures who all have ignored him for years, Sorrow was the oddest, talking to skulls which obey to their wearer's orders are very new to him and this is the first time he saw someone do that, but he decided to keep his mouth shut, not wanting to make a bad impression with the only creature who could talk and see him.

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"They mean well, Tepe. Please understand that you have nothing to fear from them, even if you felt a strange magic radiate from it. They are kind of a beacon, to guide those in need towards us, so we can help them.

Could you tell me of those you're looking for? Your herd, and your family? Where did you last see them?"

Tepe smiled. Maybe it is a good idea to trust this mare and her intelligent skull? Or maybe he'll soon regret, future is not very far away from them. He'll just hope she wasn't lying.

When asked where his herd last seen them, he let out a soft smile of hope “I think they live at Siregeti when I first got lost, but i think they would move to a place called Masai Marera,aa place where more trees and grass grew. I believe I become directionless and inadvertently got more farther away from my homeland” he become sheepish at this point, embarrassed for becoming more lost every time he tried to go back to his family, but that mood changed when he talked about his last moment he saw his family.

“My herd searched for me, including my parents but no matter how I tried to get their attention, they can't hear me, none from my herd could” he slightly looked down at the floor as his expression turned fragile “The last time I saw them is when they gave up looking for me, father sobbed and tried to convince mother it was his fault for giving me such risky job” it wasn't really his dad's fault, the oldest member of the family wasn't pressing him into becoming their navigator and food collector “I tried to them, but my mind would go into a breakdown and I would retreat to mourn sonewhere, where nozebra can see my sorrow, when I went back to where they were, t-they are now gone!” he sniffed, a tear ran down into his face of sadness and anger “If it wasn't for those good-for-nothing predators!" Oblivious to him, tiny cracks began to appear on several parts of his body; belly, rear, hindlegs, and in his left cheek, though they did not expand. For ghosts like Tepe, it's not a surprise some of them would be fragile, having suffered several years of being alone and ignored by the living.

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"There, much better. Could you tell me. Miss Rhyme, if you feel any physical pain for me to check up on? Even if it seems like nothing, it'd best to get checked up on."

Quill nodded “I only felt a faint headache, and my neck had that sensation when you put several strands of hair down into your throat” the reason for this physical pain is because of her conversion into one of the Dark Ones, the black ectoplasm had altered her mind and when in the process of taking over her body, left a strange sensation comepletely accurate to Quill's description.

Windy said nothing.

As Razor flew just below the streets of the city, an interesting conversation caught his attention. He quickly went to where the source is located: an alleyway between two office buildings.

Talking to each other are one stallion and one mare, which he already recognized as Bluff Rough and Flinty Mint.

“We are not very sure about what really happened, we need to get more information of the incident” Flinty spoke “How about go to the hospital and have a talk with Needle, she would have any idea what eas happening”

Bluff grinned “Suuuure!”

Razor quickly flew away and towards the hospital “I must go and warn Windy and Sorrow!” this time, he will make sure he won't make the same mistake.

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Widdershins
Even though the laws of nature and seemingly some higher power tried to stop Cerberus from having fun, he didn't give up, in fact, he started jumping in place to make the boulder fall faster, he was going to ride down this mountain no matter what the various gods and other beings of power had to say about it. "No!" he simply shouted back at the orb, he wasn't coming back as long as it was under his control, this was an adventure after all, and what fun was adventure where nothing exciting happened?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom
Ruby picked up her jewelry and put it back in the box, not showing any reaction to make sure she didn't provide entertainment to their annoying playmate, thought oddly enough the plant-life under her feet burned into black crisp without any obvious reason. She also made mental note on the direction that whatever she was sensing went, but didn't follow because as much as she hated to admit it, he was right, she wouldn't be able to find Leviathan as long as he was around, or as long as he knew she was looking for her.

She started to walk towards the exit, but to her surprise, Charir refused to follow and said something, though again he looked like he regretted everything right after, so she just calmly looked at him and had bit of an conversation with him, which was so neutral in tone that anyone eavesdropping would have hard time even trying to guess what they were saying.

After talking a bit to each other, both dragons started walking away again, and they walked until Ruby was fully certain that they were far enough that the magical fox didn't know where they were. After they reached such distance, Ruby said something to Charir and both of them took flight, flying high in the air, and then turned back, flying the same route back and turning to the direction where Ruby had sensed the weird sensation going. Her hopes were that if they were high enough, they wouldn't be noticed and thus no illusions would target them as they scanned the forest with their eyes from above. 

If there was storm clouds or other signs of angry weather-dragon, that would obviously be their first target location.

-------------------------------------
Nada nodded "I appreciate it Berry, I really do, Thank you." "Because while I understand it's not much of an sacrifice from your part necessarily since the food would be going to trash otherwise, it means a lot to me that you'd do something like that for me." she smiled, she didn't really need free food considering she could just hunt it to herself, but this was about more than food "Ponies like you make old siren like myself feel more optimistic." Berry may have been bit out there, but it couldn't be denied that without her being like she was, Nada would most likely never left the lake. This of course wasn't to downplay Ziggy in any way, but Berry did have a special importance to Nada since she was the first non-animal coming to see her in thousand years, even if it was part-accidentally.

------------------------------------
"God or demigod, make no difference for me." Scarecrow stated "And wishing for mercy from them is bygone for me." "I wish to not disrespect your trust in Earth Mother of course, but I do not believe beings of such power care for opinions of others." he kept a short pause "Then again, I do not claim to know how they think, I only know that no such being has shown interest in helping me."

@Blitz Boom

All that paperwork talk made the other ponies present have glossed over eyes.  If Magma wanted to talk about the inner workings of an agency, let alone a government empowered one, then she better talk with Tussle.  The nitty gritty details were her realm, even above what Minty did on the outside for them.  They were sure there was more behind the scenes that Minty did, but they didn't see it.  If they needed something or there was a problem, Minty left and when she came back, it was all fixed.  There was one fundamental thing they all did understand though.  "You sure do know a lot about funding, Center Zero sure sounds like it had to know the Royal Spending laws forwards and backwards," Flare whistled, reaching up to scratch under his hat at his more simple Cowboy mind.  "Our funding limitations are more a result of our status as a Beta project.  To see what we can and cannot do with the Bits we are given.  It'll help the Royals know what it'll take to open up O.M.I. offices in other cities.  At least that's how Tussle explained it.  But I'll pass on your advice just incase," Starbright expressed and levitated out her notepad from her pouch again to start jotting down the various details Magma mentioned.  

"We only operate in Manehatten at the moment, with only two detectives so far that have the jurisdiction to work aboard.  Troublesome objects need to be brought here or Detective Rising Dusk sent out if the object can't be moved safely.  We're already funded for Dispelling magics that other agencies discover.  Solar Guard, Lunar Guard, MPD, D.A.Y. or even when civilians stumble across.  It counts for one of our primary duties.  Out funding isn't bad for what we do," Starbright concluded while finishing her notes.  "Just not quite that focused on enchanting materials.  They do get the job done though."

Bash blinked a slow blink.  "Just pour.  It'll be a one inch cube every time.  Lasts one Moon.  Do not share, formula is for you only," Bash warned.  Not that it would kill any pony that chewed one, they'd thaw in a day or two no worse for ware.  Mild headache maybe.

"Oh!  I can explain that one," Cork jumped on that chance.  Gold Mane waved her hoof to give Cork the floor.  "In Equestria, Harmony is thus..." she started, igniting her horn to weave illusion magics to form colored shapes in the space among the gathered group.  "Generosity, Joy, Loyalty, Honesty, Kindness, and... Magic," each of the listed Elements of Harmony condensing the streams of glittering mist into each of the shapes the Elements currently took.  "With these Elements, Equestria is the peaceful land that it is.  Spread these Elements and then everypony can live a good life," Gold Mane made sure to get her bit in.

Rising nodded at Omen's comments about what she could smell in one's magic.  "I can see the emotions the pony had when casting the spell.  Their hatred, their sadness, their joy, their love."  It was rather enjoyable to finally get to talk to another that could sense magic to a different degree than what an average unicorn could.  Bringing up random thoughts on what many ponies he knows magic might smell like.  Minty, Dawn, Loona Dew, the Princesses.  Rising knew what they looked like, but a smell was rather intriguing.  Taking note of what his magic smelled liked.  A pity it caused her to sneeze.

"Can't say that I've seen a thing like that, but it would probably damper things to be sure," Rising commented.  Especially for a pony like Rising and his photographic memory and would never be able to unsee it.  Not needing to put too much together based on her comment about her ancestor and the need for a veil that she was talking about herself.

@Blitz Boom

“If moon stone really came from the sky, that is something impressive. I mean, just the thought of stones falling from the sky is already a difficult thing to wrap around. I think my friend will like this. I’ll take one!”

“To your question, mayor, I’m certain even clowns come off as more fun than anything the longma have. We have storytellers who narrate the old tales to the young ones and those who happen to be interested, but not one story has been told with a degree of theatrics. Some longma can sing but they only do so to themselves or in trusted company. It’s rather quiet where we live, and the longma like it that way. So, we don’t have performers or even carnivals like this one.”

That was one of those things that made life a little dull in the village. Unless you were busy doing something productive, the day went by without much happening. The young ones would play with each other while parents would either supervise them or go about their work. Some were of the older children were apprentices and worked together with the craftworkers, healer, or the hunters, spending their days at work to keep the village up and running. A simple approach to routine, but that’s the way it is. 

Some would take diversions to go into the forest to look for anything interesting or just distract themselves from work, but those were still productive adventures. If the star sapphire Lin was wearing at the moment said anything, her grandfather likely either bartered that from someone who took the time to look for it or he himself found the jewel. A distraction from the routine, but it was still work all the same. Being away from the village for the longest time really put things into perspective, and this extended adventure away from duties made the longma realize just how boring life is back home. 

That boredom was a stark contrast to the fun Sen was having at the moment. Having a competent and competitive opponent in Rosa did a lot to get Sen interested in one-upping him, especially in a game that the longma was starting to understand. 

“Give up? Now?! Oh you’re sadly mistaken, my friend. I’m not giving up, not while there’s a chance!”

The first dart tossed found its way to a 17, landing below the triple zone. A second dart landed on 12, between the double and triple scoring zones. The last dart looked like it landed on a triple 20 but on closer examination, the dart tip was actually on a triple 1. That last toss got Sen’s hopes up before quickly dashing them away. 

“Ugh… Maybe my tosses still need some work if I’m getting those kinds of results. I suppose I could take this up as a nice thing to do on the side; I doubt I could turn this into a profession, not when there’s a lot to do back home.”

“Your teacher might have a point when it comes to honing the skill once you’ve done it enough times. It’s more or less doing something until you get it right, then do it right until you no longer think about it. You definitely got a head start there because I'm still learning.”  

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Skall looked about, the place crowded with a few creatures that pulled back at him, soon seeing Tirek in his cage
He kicked the cage, making it ring
"Tirek! Time to wake up and leave."
Skall recalled meeting Tirek before, perhaps in Tartarus, but they weren't exactly friends.
yet.

========================================

Steelbeak grinned, looking down to his wound
"I see you are familiar with blood magic, however I do not want to make detours if we are to work together,
and for you rose..."

He looked to rose with a scowl
"Your betrayal, how do you still live with that?"

"We all desired power, but we couldn't do that when all of us wanted the elements for ourselves, I was just the one who realized that."
She said in a coy tone, tilting her head with a smirk.
"Now if we know where this tomb is, perhaps we can see if this protector has the right body to heal you?"

"I know where the tomb is, and they do not. but If you want to insist on healing me,  you will have to go grab the body yourself, I'll get the protector's body"
Something seemed off about Steel, especially to Rose, who knew he wouldn't want to work with her before, or any of his enemies.
Maybe he was desperate, or being stabbed in the heart changes one's mind.

@FanOfManyShows

The cage would rattle, and the taur would slump down, but he wasn't waking up. Whatever had been done to him, it seemed to have conked him out for a while. Maybe some sort of sedative, or an aftereffect of some *correctional work* by the guards. Not their usual territory, but one couldn't rule out that they would get bored and visit for those matters up here. Depending on his mood, Hades might not care enough to interfere.

"Peh, weak little calf. If he does not want to wake up on his own, we'll just take him as he is."

Grogar lifted a hoof, and focused his strength into it, before smashing at the lock to the cage. The force first bent it, and on the next hit, more or less shattered it, and the cage would be left wide open, with Tirek falling out of it, ready to be taken. He might not have access to his magic in here, but a mundane thing such as this, were no issue for the old goat. He were not a mere weakling after all.

If any other prisoners were here currently, they might find this mighty interesting. A chance to escape, by pledging allegiance to someone strong enough to break free. A lesser evil than being trapped here, one would assume.

"Cerberus, fetch him. We're leaving."

"Take me too... So long... Trapped... Hunger without end...

Please... I'll do anything..."

The voice came from a cage not too far away. A tall slim one, with only a small hole within, near the bottom, were one would be able to see a silver-colored, slit eye, gazing out. Whoever the weak, muffled voice belonged to, seemed to have been quite the naughty visitor, to get this special accommodation. Not enough to end below though. Or maybe, it were from there, and had been brought up here for other reasons? Hard to tell, but one would be remiss of turning away a willing pawn, no? Though this one did not seem to have a door in the cage to break open... Though with that shape, it mattered not.

"Bring that one too. It may prove useful. And if not, I'm sure Hades would want it back."

"N-No... Not Hades..."

Cerberus were not happy, but he grabbed Tirek, and this cage, in the maws of his side heads, and they'd be ready to move out. With some haste too. It were likely not wise to stay for too long, after stealing two prisoners.

============================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"You won't remain useful for us forever, in your state. And cleaning up straight bodies are irritating. But it's your choice. I were merely extending an offer."

Truth be told Emerald were tired of seeing death all the time, and wanted to believe that she could help to some degree, with the dark powers she had obtained. That were the original thought after all, even if the one she wanted to help, were merely herself.

It were a path she doubted that would work, as others would surely work against her, and claim she were just doing everything for evil. But she would show those short-sighted buffoons, that she were seeking a new meaning, and this were all that made sense, now that her two primary goals were void. That being resurrecting her sister - whom had likely dumped down, right in front of her annoying daughter - and using the element, to restore her body. Which were a fool's errand, that she had been forced to give up on, as it would lead to what she wanted. And as neither of those goals were in play anymore, she needed a new purpose to desperately cling to. Trying to heal seemed an interesting idea for said goal. At least for now, though her first *patient* seemed to be a stubborn fool.

One could also argue that it wasn't good that her first attempt at helping in this manner, were clearly evil. But that was am moral conversation she did't much care for right now.

"Enough bickering you two. I know not what shared past you are belittling each other for, but drop it. We have a body to retrieve. And if we manage to drag you out of there too, I suppose we can stitch you together then."

Their marital dispute were not overtly interesting to her, though there were something to bite note in, with that betrayal mentioned. Something of worth to remember perhaps, in whatever came ahead.

======================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 11/28/2020 at 12:38 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“If moon stone really came from the sky, that is something impressive. I mean, just the thought of stones falling from the sky is already a difficult thing to wrap around. I think my friend will like this. I’ll take one!”

“To your question, mayor, I’m certain even clowns come off as more fun than anything the longma have. We have storytellers who narrate the old tales to the young ones and those who happen to be interested, but not one story has been told with a degree of theatrics. Some longma can sing but they only do so to themselves or in trusted company. It’s rather quiet where we live, and the longma like it that way. So, we don’t have performers or even carnivals like this one.”

"Far as I know, it's all stories. I for one, do not know the exact origins of the stones, but until I know otherwise, the legend will ring true to me."

While he said this, Mary would put the hoof pin into a small, wooden box, and put that down into the box with the other things that Omen had bought. She'd only just about say that the price were ten bits, before Omen rolled out some coins in the same manner as she did before, and deposited them on the counter.

"How do you do that?"

"I ate bits. They are in a stomach."

"...A stomach?"

Omen would sway her torso from side to side, causing the muffled jingling of bits to ring through, ever so slightly.

"The left one."

Mary hadn't any words to this, and just continued to pack the box in silence, while the mayor attempted to distract, by addressing what else Lin had told him.

"You don't need extravagant carnivals like this to have fun, Lin. Yet it sounds rather... Gloomy, in a way, to not have any degree of performa. Perhaps something I'd chat with your elder about, if at some point we meet. Not everything have to be bombastic, but trying to liven up stories can do wonders for the attention of those listening, and there are calmer kinds of music. We have a performer in one of our neighboring towns, that plays the harp for Madamme Macabre. I can send word out, and see if possible, he'd be willing to show what that are, if Ghilan would come through. I'm certain there is a degree of compromise between quiet, and this, which would suit you well.

Of course, I am not trying to force anything. I will present my case, but if it is rejected, then that is his right.

As a more travelled longma yourself, Lin, might I ask what music you might have found interesting, actually? It may help me understand things better. Unless you prefer to not listen to any?"

He'd look around as he talked, as if he were looking for something, or somepony, but he were still paying most attention to his honored guest. It were just that he were hoping to spot something, which might be of some use right about now.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:38 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Ugh… Maybe my tosses still need some work if I’m getting those kinds of results. I suppose I could take this up as a nice thing to do on the side; I doubt I could turn this into a profession, not when there’s a lot to do back home.”

“Your teacher might have a point when it comes to honing the skill once you’ve done it enough times. It’s more or less doing something until you get it right, then do it right until you no longer think about it. You definitely got a head start there because I'm still learning.”

"Muscle memory is quite the useful thing to have at times, though darts were never really trained. It were mostly just an extra activity, on days when Scalper felt a little under the weather, or hadn't prepared properly, for the days lectures. Some of the simpler classes, though he were the sort who openly encouraged competition, so it got a little heated at times. I rarely won then either, but it were somewhat fun, regardless of that."

Especially if Moon Glimmer decided not to partake. She were by far the best in class, and would trounce them with ease, whilst smirking in a really, condescending way. She just had a way of making others irrationally annoyed, with scarcely an effort. A valuable trait at times, among all of her other ones. Honestly no wonder she were rocketed to top of her class, and graduated early, though he hadn't heard from her in years. They were not exactly close. Though he had heard she had gone deep undercover, about five years ago. No idea how deep that one went. Might be she were acting as a sleeper agent somewhere, and no one around her would be any the wiser.

But that were another face, which represented a shameful past for him. He'd rather focus on the here and now. and in that time, it were now his time to shoot. Time to see if it would still work this time around.

First hit would end up a a double nine, which judging by where the tip had gotten stuck, had been on the brink of missing the doubling field, and go out into the void zone.

The double 16 afterwards were a pleasant uptick. A good indicator that his points were going to go well, and gave him a spout of confidence, that he'd win this with relative ease.

And then, by some stroke of luck, he hit a triple 20. The big score, and something which were wholly unintended. He had sneezed just as he were about to throw, and it had been fate controlling the dart at that point, as it went in a large, lazy bow, and barely got stuck in the bord, in the top left corner of the small field.

(I swear, legit dice rolls here)

"That were... Exceedingly lucky. How fortunate, though it's still all to play for. Hitting exact is going to be the true challenge, not being ahead.

That being said, it does feel rather good. Your turn, Sen. May fate smile upon you."

=========================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 11/28/2020 at 12:37 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"You sure do know a lot about funding, Center Zero sure sounds like it had to know the Royal Spending laws forwards and backwards,"

"We are... Ergh, or rather, Were, a town fully made of scientists, attempting our best to bring forth the very best for the kingdom. Considering the amount of time, effort, and materials needed, we had to be proficient in seeking funding for varied things we were not able to self provide, to get out projects complete. Some would not be able to be properly funded, and had to be shelved, but such are science. It can only go as far as the funding behind it does.

Personally, I had to jump through quite the loop holes to be able to get my own projects funded, when I were still studying elementals. Which meant I got closely familiarized with the process, and varied aspects of it. You'd be surprised from what avenues one can search for funding to varied things, and not just from the Royal Treasury. Though I were allowed that degree of flexibility, since that were before I joined Center Zero. Afterwards, it had to be centralized, as to not cause potential conflicts of interest, but there were still much to go through. It's a rather pleasant feeling too, when you get a grant send back your way. Makes me all giddy."

Magma knew well that it were a little dry and boring for a lot of beings to go through that, but some had to find interest in it, and that had been her. Which also meant she often had to deal with sending funding requests in for the entire alchemy lab, prior to her accident. A minor annoyance, and often, made her feel rather special and wanted. A nice kind of attention, from beings who were generally happy that she were willing to help them, with what they considered to be the worst part of the job.

"We only operate in Manehatten at the moment, with only two detectives so far that have the jurisdiction to work aboard.  Troublesome objects need to be brought here or Detective Rising Dusk sent out if the object can't be moved safely.  We're already funded for Dispelling magics that other agencies discover.  Solar Guard, Lunar Guard, MPD, D.A.Y. or even when civilians stumble across.  It counts for one of our primary duties.  Out funding isn't bad for what we do," Starbright concluded while finishing her notes.  "Just not quite that focused on enchanting materials.  They do get the job done though."

"...B99-Solstean, paragraph 15, section 9, subsection 43. Try to scribble that one down as well. It is a somewhat convoluted, obscure rule, but there are additional funding opportunities one can seek for certain activities, when one is designated as a start-up entity by the kingdom of Equestria. From the way you put it, I believe you'd follow the definition in the Solarian Guidance Book of Law. Volume three, first edition, to be exact. Later editions have a more loose interpretation of this, but the first edition are still considered legal.

Considering your operation here, it wouldn't provide any cost benefit to potential allocation of more space, or special materials, but it should allow for relief in rent, as well as a functional governmental seal, which would allow you to negotiate better contracts with whomever you get materials from. Not so much funding per se, as much as cost relief. Yet that is also rather favorable. For the ones you negotiate with too. If they can provide a good deal to an up starter, it will show their dedication and willingness to cooperate with governmental factions, which in turn would bring them up in consideration, if there were a need for orders from the kingdom itself. Or for any emergency provisions, needed by a law agency, such as the guards, or any local authorities. Being a trusted provider for law enforcement, or recieving a large order, even at a discount, from the royal house itself? Quite a feather in most establishment's hats.

Perhaps I should have a chat with your accountant, Tussle, about these things myself at some point, and help her with a few bits of information she may find valuable? I have precious little else to do, than to run tests on myself, so I'd be more than happy to help. Especially considering how much you have all been doing for me.

In fact, I insist. It is the least I could do, after all the help you have provided, and materials you have spent to alleviate my situation.

If not that, I could provide some of the research we did on transmuting materials, which might help you in a pinch as well? I sadly do not have access to the raw data, as after Center Zero were attacked, somepony have taken off with all of our the research papers. Likely following protocol, which would mean there were at least survivors. But regardless, I still have some down to memory, as they were rather fascinating. Some partials as well, but I am sure than an esteemed alchemist such as Bash here, would be able to make sense of it."

Bash blinked a slow blink.  "Just pour.  It'll be a one inch cube every time.  Lasts one Moon.  Do not share, formula is for you only," Bash warned.  Not that it would kill any pony that chewed one, they'd thaw in a day or two no worse for ware.  Mild headache maybe.

She'd have a smile on her face as she were offered the few, yet meaningful words from Bash. Not a pony with much need for fluff in his speech, but there were something to be said for that. Many prominent workers in his field that she knew, liked to talk your ear off quite a lot, and it could get tedious to go through at times. Bash may have another problem in him being less perfect to work as an assistant for, considering he were likely less keen on sharing detailed instructions, beyond baseline things, but as he worked alone, that were seemingly a moot point.

"Rest assured, that I will follow your instructions sir. And thank you once again. You are a skilled transmuter, and were these different times, I would have been thrilled to personally hand you an invite to join others who share your talents, in Center Zero. Even if I can tell that your talents are sorely needed here."

Bash were somewhat of a colleague, considering what it were that he did, so she'd compliment him, as she would others in the field, whilst carefully taking the flask, and putting it on the table. She'd need to find some way of transferring this before she could get far. Maybe a high heat resistant metal necklace of sorts? She had the funds to do so. She just needed to go and procure them, then shop for one.

==========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"Oh!  I can explain that one," Cork jumped on that chance.  Gold Mane waved her hoof to give Cork the floor.  "In Equestria, Harmony is thus..." she started, igniting her horn to weave illusion magics to form colored shapes in the space among the gathered group.  "Generosity, Joy, Loyalty, Honesty, Kindness, and... Magic," each of the listed Elements of Harmony condensing the streams of glittering mist into each of the shapes the Elements currently took.  "With these Elements, Equestria is the peaceful land that it is.  Spread these Elements and then everypony can live a good life," Gold Mane made sure to get her bit in.

Grave followed the display, with a pleased smile on her face, from the interesting display, and delightful smell of warm, good natured magic. The little zing of excitement were also a welcome change, as it were more fresh and lemony, than the usual excitement of causing pain that she usually smelled. That, or insanity. It had a certain peculiar blend of smells that were hard to really describe, yet easy to recognize.

"So those are kind of your ideals, then? Let me see... I can share things, I prefer seeing others happy, I don't like to trick others, being mean is not really something I find fun, and I got magic. I think I can follow that. Just gotta work hard for it, and that's something I do lots. I'm sure there's something in town I could do. Delivering packages maybe? Or menial labor? It's a little boring, but a snippet of magic, and then it's a breeze."

Grave would lift a hoof, and focus a spell into her leg, that admittedly, didn't look like much. A little vague glow for a second, and so what? But Rising could see magic. He'd surely be able to tell an empowerment spell when he saw one. In particular, a mixture of endurance, and physical strength improvement. The former needed to not overstrain the muscles. After all, being strong were all fine and dandy, but what if you didn't reinforce the rest? It'd make you able to lift something heavy, and then likely buckle under the weight, or feel severe muscle pains later. That just wouldn't do.

The spell were short lived though, as she had little reason to show off here, by lifting something heavy. Of which she didn't see a whole lot either. maybe later, when they were out near a large boulder, or some sort of cart, maybe.

"I can see the emotions the pony had when casting the spell.  Their hatred, their sadness, their joy, their love."

"I bet it's like with smells. The good emotions are more vibrant and warm while the dark ones are sickly looking, and seem wrong, right? Smells work a bit like that. Malice especially have a really nasty stench to it. Makes it easy to smell out, but not nice for the nose.

It's kinda fun having someone to talk to, that knows sorta like what this is like. I bet you don't have a whole lot that knows what it's like, to sense magic in weird ways, right? I mean, it's useful for sure, but it can be kinda harrowing, and weird to explain to others. Some of them look at you like you're crazy. Even the dead, and they really shouldn't be judging."

Of course, the detective were a far greater force in this matter than her, with what he could do, but he were still the closest to a kindred tracker that she knew of. And a really powerful one at that. She could smell it on his magic before, which honestly, were pretty spicy. Tickled the nose it did, but hooooh boy, did it reek of power. Something to get used to, but she'd get there. Hopefully. It depended on whatever or not they'd run into each other at all. Which depended on what sort of work she could find here in town, probably.

"Can't say that I've seen a thing like that, but it would probably damper things to be sure,"

"Yeah, around here, that doesn't seem to make a lot of smiles come up. But I'm not gonna hide like this for long. I mean it's nice to not get weird looks, and I really appreciate it too, but I don't really wanna live in a disguise for that long. Might be I'd get shunned by some, but the values Cork mentioned, should mean that at least some will accept it, right? I'm sure if I just explain it to folks, they'd be less scared about it too. I mean, I'm perfectly healthy, and its not contagious. It's hereditary. Only ones who'll be affected by this, is probably any foals I might have.

It's a little weird that it doesn't take more than a skeleton to make Equestrians iffy though. What would you folks do if you saw a Bog Hunter? Those things are nasty.

I dunno what you could do to weird out a Harrowish pony though... Maybe wear lots of color, and be loud? That's mark you as kind of crazy, or suicidal.

Oooh, and speaking of that: Ghosts. Not all ghosts are magically active enough to give off a smell, but can you see them? You know, when they're not poltergeist? They're wafting from several kilometers away if they go that route, so that's probably a given that you can see, but what about normally? That's gotta be tough if you can."

Grave were interested in knowing if there were limits to this detective's sight. There likely were, but could she guess one? Perhaps, and she had a feeling it might be this, since she'd imagine he would look more harrowed, if he had to look at wandering spirits around the place.

Spirits were not inherently magical, so he probably couldn't see just ever ghost. Just as he likely couldn't harvest them. Though dispelling a ghost that had gathered up to a poltergeist status, might be possible. It were more or less a close knit amount of soul energy then. It could be dispersed, like any other magic, if you knew what you were doing. Though personally, Grave would rather just stay away from that. Spirits like that tended to be bad news.

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The illusions had a range limit, and as they took flight, they'd end outside of them, and get a good, solid look of the forest below them.

So far, it did not seem like the kitsune much cared to keep track of them any more. Or perhaps he got bored, as they had been talking in a language he didn't understand, and didn't seem like they were turning around and acting all... Well, dragon like. With the fire and the roaring, and everything else. For all intents and purposes, it seemed as if they were just leaving. Not the most entertaining outcome, but oh well, not his primary target either. They were free to go, and wait for him to be done with their friend.

As they'd soar above the forest, they'd be able to see the shimmer of the illusions rather well. Glittering through the air, like a thick blanket, meant to obscure reality from those without. From the outside though, they'd be able to see the truth through the surface. However, it'd be something akin to glancing through water.

Through it, they would eventually find Leviathan. She were still sleeping, and had been laid out flat on the ground, belly down. She were not being hurt however, supposedly. Rather, a flock of kitsune kits were around her, and cautiously poked at her at times, or just wandered around, observing. One more brave soul were seemingly eyeing to jump up and stand on her, soon as the adult in their midst weren't looking anymore, while one other were over and seemed to be distracted, by bashing the tip of Leviathan's tail around a little.

"Hey, pay attention. Like I said, this here's a dragon. A small one, but still full of power."

"Is it dangerous?"

"Does it bite?"

"Can it do magic?"

"What do they taste like?"

It sounded like the one who had taunted them before, were the one in charge here. A teacher of sorts, maybe? One who shook his head at the last of the four first question he were given, by the roughly dozen kits that were also present.

He were indeed rather large. One and a half times the size of a pony, and whereas the varied kits were wearing fur alone, he were dressed in a kimono. A rather elegant, red and green one, with a faded yellow sash, and pockets that seemed weighed down with something. Nothing shiny, but that would be all there were to go by.

He himself had faintly green tips to his brown fur, and a nick in his right ear, where something had seemingly cut him. It appeared to be an old wound

"Dragons can be very dangerous. That's why this one is sleeping. And some of them does know magic. I saw this one do some earlier, and when she wakes up, maybe you can see it too. Just remember to stay at a a distance, and remain hidden.

As for you, Quilt- No. Dragons are not food. Remember the golden rule: If it's bigger than you, it's not food."

If Ruby or Charir attempted to blast some fire down upon them, they'd find that there were a barrier around the little teaching area, and that soon as the attacked were acknowledged, the kits would scream, and scatter. They'd be invisible and hidden soon enough, though the teacher remained.

If they tried a physical approach, the barrier would still slow them down, and some alarms would register with the primary kitsune, who'd let out a loud yip, laden with magic. It wouldn't hurt either of them, but it would work to disorient the attackers. Which allowed time for the kits to scurry away again.

If instead they tried to yell out something from above, the kits would scurry over and hide behind the adult, as best they could. It seemed they were far more cautious and afraid of things than their antagonist, and he were more than happy to take on the challenge, if it meant the kits got away. Especially if he ended up fighting dirty. Which their kind so often did.

=============================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 11/28/2020 at 11:19 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Nada nodded "I appreciate it Berry, I really do, Thank you." "Because while I understand it's not much of an sacrifice from your part necessarily since the food would be going to trash otherwise, it means a lot to me that you'd do something like that for me." she smiled, she didn't really need free food considering she could just hunt it to herself, but this was about more than food "Ponies like you make old siren like myself feel more optimistic."

"Hey, food is food, right? Long as I don't have to see him filet the thing, I ain't fuzzed about the meat. And I'm definitely not gonna think twice about it, when I know it goes to a friend."

"And the smells doesn't get to you? Some ponies can get really weird about icky meat smells."

"Eh, he use spices. It's easier to ignore than you might think."

"In medical school, they had us students in the kitchen for a week, so we'd get used to all sorts of food being served, and really appreciate how hard the kitchen staff worked. Anypony who threw up, or refused to work with the food, when it came to meat products, had to take the course over. And it was mandatory, so you had to pass that test. They said that especially in big city hospitals, like Las Pegasus, there were more than ponies to treat and feed, and you couldn't go and be selective about who could serve the food around, or count on the same hooves always being there in the kitchen. So we had to get used to being able to chip in.

We didn't have to cook or filet though. Just the basics of plating and stuff. You need a certificate to be allowed to deal with that sort of ingredient, and that one were voluntary. It gave extra credit if you could though."

"Oh yeah? You done it?"

Ziggy shook her head violently from side to side.

"And hurt the teensey cute bunnehs? Noooooo! I had to take a month's class over when they tried to put me through, and I instead ran off with the fluffy bunny, and put him back in the wild. Poor thing was so happy to be away from there.

I uh... Was told afterwards that the real one we had to work on, were already dead and flayed in the fridge, and I had kidnapped somepony's pet that had gotten loose. Whoops?"

Berry chuckled some over that one. Silly zebra halfling, got into some weird situations.

"Hey, I caught it again later. Along with two others that looked like him, so I took them all there. Then they had a couple of apology bunnies too."

Berry started to laugh into her coffee, which stopped the sound, but caused it to bubble around her muzzle, and her cup to shiver. A bit warm around the muzzle frankly, but worth it.

"I don't handle meat a lot, but I can move it. I just don't like to cook with it. Fah'lina makes it easier to accept it being around though, since she eats a lot of fish. You sorta get used to the feel and smell of it. Maybe when we go crab fishing, I can bring something back for you too, Nada? Do you like crab? Fah'lina's crazy about it, so it must taste good to those who likes that sorta food."

========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Lyriel nodded at the response she got. One which she supposed she should have expected, and one that now that she heard it, could not exactly fault Scarecrow for.

"In your position, who could blame you for not having faith in a higher power? Being left behind by the cycle like this, and having pleas for the end fall upon deaf ears... It would drive anyone to think there were no need to place their trust in gods, as they did not seem to care for you.

I pray that one day, there will be an ear that will listen though, and let you find blessed sleep. I cannot imagine in this wondrous world, there were none who would be willing to listen, and offer you what all others takes for granted.

Though it yet makes me worry, what caused you to be flung from the cycle. This land radiates with vibrant life, from the very ground we thread upon. And yet, somehow you are denied it, and the finality of death. The very cycle we must all obey...

It is not one I can imagine being easy to escape. It makes me wonder, if not a demi god, of a full deity, had their part in causing this. Though for what reasons... *sigh* Without knowing the past, such knowledge is lost. Though I hope I am just overthinking this. No one deserves the ire of a god, to be placed upon them."

===========================================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 11/28/2020 at 1:10 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“I think they live at Siregeti when I first got lost, but i think they would move to a place called Masai Marera,aa place where more trees and grass grew. I believe I become directionless and inadvertently got more farther away from my homeland” he become sheepish at this point, embarrassed for becoming more lost every time he tried to go back to his family, but that mood changed when he talked about his last moment he saw his family.

“My herd searched for me, including my parents but no matter how I tried to get their attention, they can't hear me, none from my herd could” he slightly looked down at the floor as his expression turned fragile “The last time I saw them is when they gave up looking for me, father sobbed and tried to convince mother it was his fault for giving me such risky job” it wasn't really his dad's fault, the oldest member of the family wasn't pressing him into becoming their navigator and food collector “I tried to them, but my mind would go into a breakdown and I would retreat to mourn sonewhere, where nozebra can see my sorrow, when I went back to where they were, t-they are now gone!” he sniffed, a tear ran down into his face of sadness and anger “If it wasn't for those good-for-nothing predators!" Oblivious to him, tiny cracks began to appear on several parts of his body; belly, rear, hindlegs, and in his left cheek, though they did not expand. For ghosts like Tepe, it's not a surprise some of them would be fragile, having suffered several years of being alone and ignored by the living.

"I have heard of Siregeti. Not Masai Marera, unfortunately, but the other one is long from here. You have wandered long from home, Tepe."

A long, long Long way from home indeed. Quite rare for a spirit to be this far away from known grounds, but it weren't unheard of. Tepe were quite a curious, rare breed though, to be able to get as far as he did. Though it sadly also presented some problems, as this were pretty far away from anywhere she had ever been before. She felt compelled to help him, but this were a long road to travel down. And usually something that required at least a little bit of communication with her grandmother.

She'd have to think about how to deal with this. Though first, there were more to address here. Not including how Tepe seemed to be chipping off a little. It were probably best not to tell him about that, nor how she suspected it had to do with the mental shield he had set up around his bad memories, cracking a little, to show the truth beneath. That were for a time further down the line, if she could get him to accept the truth. For now though, she had to try and speak to him calmly, and hope that he would relax too, rather than go into a frenzy of sorts, over the memories of what she assumed had killed him.

"What have happened to you Tepe, makes it hard for others to notice you. I can guarantee you, that they wouldn't ignore you normally. And they probably moved on since you were last there, because they couldn't bear to stay somewhere, that one they loved had gone missing. Or they were afraid of the predators, whom I'm guessing were chasing you, before all of this happened? Don't worry, we'll find you answers, okay? I have another friend to help too, but I'll do what I can for you as well, to find your way back to your family.

Maybe you can tell me a little about them? It sounds like your father were an important part of your flock?"

They were likely long dead, and he had returned after decades, if not centuries, once his senses allowed it. But his family were likely in the afterlife, so in a sense, she would likely be able to guide him to them eventually. And if not that, then perhaps to some living descendants. It'd be a... Really rough time when that happened, but the veil couldn't be over his eyes forever.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:10 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“I only felt a faint headache, and my neck had that sensation when you put several strands of hair down into your throat” the reason for this physical pain is because of her conversion into one of the Dark Ones, the black ectoplasm had altered her mind and when in the process of taking over her body, left a strange sensation comepletely accurate to Quill's description.

"That's good then, if that's all you're feeling now. It will rule out any sort of hidden injuries. Though I would recommend getting something to drink, and maybe get a pack of medication for the headache, just in case."

She'd scribble this down, and then get a bottle of water for Quill. Best to make sure she got a lot to drink right now, and hope it helped things.

"Is there anything else? If not, then if you'd like, I could write that you're cleared to leave. If you want of course. I could just imagine you might want to sleep for a while after your experiences."

Needle in the meantime, were currently dealing with another patient, and awaiting news from her associates. She imagined it wouldn't be long before her message were received, and then after that, a meeting would take place. Probably signaling her the usual way too, by having a letter left at the nurses station, saying that a family member looked forward to her visit. Varied which member, but it were just a cover. None from her family made contact that way. It were merely code, that told her to get to the designated meeting spot.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Tepe's ears pinned back, his expression becoming a little depressed when he heard he was now far away from home. Hopefully, Sorrow knew how to go back to Sirengeti, despite knowing the herd would move from one place to another. The herd will never go out of Sirengeti and Masai Marera as they called those places their homeland.

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"What have happened to you Tepe, makes it hard for others to notice you. I can guarantee you, that they wouldn't ignore you normally. And they probably moved on since you were last there, because they couldn't bear to stay somewhere, that one they loved had gone missing. Or they were afraid of the predators, whom I'm guessing were chasing you, before all of this happened? Don't worry, we'll find you answers, okay? I have another friend to help too, but I'll do what I can for you as well, to find your way back to your family.

But there is still hope, the chance of going back and reunite with his family, to see his sisters again. A light in the midst of the gloomy night of his heart appeared, giving him a ray of hope.

However, upon hearing Sorrow also has to help a friend of hers, Tepe did not become discouraged. He become curious. Maybe this friend of Sorrow could be in the same boat as him.

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Maybe you can tell me a little about them? It sounds like your father were an important part of your flock?"

He smiled, glad to introduce his family “My father, Ilaaliyen is a watchzebra and always guard the herd during the night. He was a cheerful type, and would often light up the gloomy mood with humor. My mother acts as my and my sisters' guardian, Thamani Muziki is my big sister, she would often sing encouraging songs to our herd, mostly during famine and during a funeral. I also have a little sister, her name is Fadhila, to me and my family, she is our precious treasure, a filly with a bright future. That filly has dreams of becoming the wife of the future lead stallion” he chuckled, remembering the times when Fadhila came to him to get some advice about dating “She's a silly one, and very lovable than anyzebra in the family, and many foals like her, especially colts”

Now, it was his turn to ask “What about your family, Sorrow?”

“I don't need anything, thank you for asking, Blaze” Quill smiled “How much do I have to pay?”

Razor did not have to enter through the entrance to get inside the hospital first before Bluff Rough and Flinty Mint could, he searched all over the place for Sorrow and Windy. After a couple of minutes, he found Sorrow, talking to a zebra, but decided not to intervene, seeing she's busy.

At the entrance, Bluff and Flinty approached the reception table “Hello, madame, can we speak to Doc Needle, please?” Bluff asked politely, hopefully getting the answer they wanted.

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Blitz Boom

“I’m not really sure a question of my personal tastes in music could help you understand more about the longma. For a good portion of my life, I grew up alone and in seclusion, only leaving the dense forests and city outskirts to reunite with my brother and find a way home. I guess I really don’t have a preference if you are asking for a specific type as I never really found that important. It does remind me of a memory I had many years ago.”

“There was this young stallion, Fiddle Swing, in Salt Lick City who played guitar on a street corner. He was there everyday, playing music for meager bits. Back then, I was lost, aimless, and had only a few bits to my name, but I enjoyed his music. What little I had, I gave to him, knowing he needed something to eat soon.”

“That’s when he offered to let me stay with him for a while, if only because the local authorities would run me in for vagrancy. He’d play some tunes and sing whatever was popular at the time. Wasn’t even two days before we had to part ways because it was expensive to support ourselves, and he convinced me to live for something. That’s what got me to try and find a way home.”

This was one memory that Lin never really got around to discussing with Sen. Just like him, she was a vagrant for a time, living in a city and picking up whatever loose bits of money were lying around. However, she made it a point to stick to the forests as food and shelter were less difficult to come by than a city. That instance in Salt Lick City was one of the only times she was forced to live in an urban environment. Lin could understand what it was like in Sen’s place, but her experience was what got her to open up to others and be less asocial, even if that meant fueling her drive for revenge later on. 

Lin would take this moment to glance at Omen and smile as she overheard how the Ki’Nathar explained how she was able to cough up the bits to pay for their purchase. It was endearing in its own way. 

Meanwhile, Sen’s jaw dropped at seeing the massive lead Rosa gained on him. A triple 20? That was more than amazing, and it got the longma feeling a little jealous. There was a pause between Sen seeing the score and him stepping up to take aim. Now that was something to try to beat because now he had to close the gap. He'd nervously chuckle before attempting his next three tosses.

The first landed on 11, which was rather disappointing as he was aiming for something higher. The next was a triple 17, and that got the longma perked up again. The last dart flew straight at the center, though the tip of the dart was at the outer edge of the center, netting him 25 points. A mixed bag in all honesty; disappointing one moment before becoming hopeful, then having some of that hope dashed away. 

“Going by your score right now, I think fate is favoring you more than me. No way could I try to beat that, seeing as how many points I’m getting compared to yours. Now that I think about it, I suppose it might not be a good idea to try and aim high when we’re focusing on getting exact numbers. You’re more or less at the endgame now, right?”

@Blitz Boom
Ruby observed for a moment as she thought about the best way to act, she wanted to just kill the bunch and be done with it, but she wasn't stupid enough to think that it would be that easy, and she didn't really care to deal with any more unnecessary illusions. If nothing special happened, she would quietly inform Charir of the plan, before giving him her box, something that was lot more meaningful to him than one would think.

After that, it was time for action, she went for physical approach, though not the one that one may expect, as she fully ignored all the kitsune and charged right towards Leviathan at high speed, faster than she would be able to stop herself, but she wanted to make sure she would hit her target regardless of what would happen, she didn't care about where the kits were, and even when disoriented, she would most likely hit her target because until there was some kind of other magic in play too, it was hard to loose a direction when you were going directly towards the ground after all. Depending on how well the magic slowed her down, she either landed or crashed to the ground, but regardless of the way she landed, there would be a small burst of flames that didn't come out of her mouth or nose, nor was it that dangerous, only scorching anything easily burning like plant-life around her, and possibly fur, this confused her a bit but she didn't have time to think that.

After that, assuming she didn't somehow miss Leviathan, she would grab her tight, say something along the lines of "My dragon you thief!." and try to fly away, since even disoriented, up was pretty easy to figure out as you needed to only use your wings to raise yourself. If she couldn't fly, then she would hold Leviathan with her mouth and run, how did she know the direction? Charir, he had stayed up in the air with the box, and while he couldn't be seen, not that Ruby could trust her senses anyway, Ruby could tell exactly where that box was since it was unlikely a sense only she knew about would be affected by a general disorientation spell, her only problem was avoiding crashing into something, not that it would stop her fully, only slow her down.

She didn't really like running away like this, but sometimes one had to go outside their comfort-zone to not be stuck getting annoyed by magical foxes, and honestly, as weird as it was to her, it was more important for her to get Leviathan out of the situation than uphold her pride, possibly due to similarities to certain situation, a helpless dragoness with weaker creature, or it could be something else, she didn't know, nor did she have time to care.

If she did miss, she would try the same still, but would take hold of Leviathan hard enough to draw bit of blood, partly by accident, partly to make sure it was the real one this time. 

What came for other illusions if such appeared, she would try to dodge them, or go through the 'weaker' parts of them like hands or legs since those were more likely just branches at worst as far as she knew. She would also change between running on the ground and moving in the trees if it seemed necessary.

If she was stopped altogether however, she would lit the forest on fire, the whole forest, up and down, and Charir would join from above, and if and when things would get extinguished, she would lit them again, she would destroy the whole forest if she had to. This was one of the things that set her apart from most creatures or even dragons around here, if she wanted something, she didn't care about collateral damage, and in fact, purposely caused it, the kitsune wanted to get on her nerves? well, he had done it, and no kits would save him if she got him in her claws.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nada chuckled at Ziggy's little story, but otherwise stayed quiet as she listened the conversation and enjoyed what she had left to eat and drink, she still wouldn't get cravings for coffee or baked goods but she was getting more used to them, and she would eat and drink them in company, she just hoped that if she got into the community, then maybe they could make them bigger for her, just to make things easier. "Crab?" she repeated in very thoughtful manner "I honestly don't remember, it has been quite a while since I ate one of them, I don't see why I wouldn't like them though." 

----------------------------------
"I have though about that too, but if it is a higher being that has done this, I have reason to believe it is a being of trickery, mostly because if this was a punishment on something I did, wouldn't they make sure I remember my mistakes?" Scarecrow said "But also that guess has flaws, as I have yet to meet a being visibly entertained by my state, would they not rub it in if they did it for fun?."  "But you're right, all that can be done is guess, as that information is long gone." the emptiness inside him echoed as he though about it, he was sure it would have felt awful if he wouldn't have been used to it.

@Catpone Cerberus

The elements and the magical forces have each their own distinctive hallmarks and traits. Those who look into magically bending the powers of nature often find that Earth doesn't take too readily in responding to change or the will of a caster with its distinctive stubborn reluctance. Truly, Earth is the most Tsundere of the Elements.

The grinding of the pivoting boulder Cerberus stood upon was a quiet, almost imperceptible groan like the snoring of the person in the next apartment over; a thing that would likely go without notice to anybeing without acute feline hearing. Then it stopped suddenly. Then even fainter, the sound of cracking, like sand crunchign underfoot. A heartbeat after that the ground would give away under Cerberus's paws... only to stop again as he jolted back to easily land on his feet not over two feet lower than where he was before. Then the crunching began again.

...and it gave away again, jolting Cerberus another two feet lower. This started to repeat, with increasing frequency. 

Due to his squirming, the boulder was now crushing the mountain underneath it like an accordion, lurch by lunge.

Like some sort of mallet at a wrong-side nail, with increasing speed, this would result in the boulder pounding its way into the ground so fast that it not only decimated the thin spire mountain that had been there prior, but embedding the boulder so far into the ground at the base of the steep mesa canyon as to rise only a few inches above the ground where Cerberus could easily step off the smooth platform, were it not for the now choking thick cloud of red, pulverized-mountain dust.

This COMPLETELY NATURAL and not at all facetious, exaggerated phenomenon had essentially turned a mountain into a natural elevator. Surely, the only outcome of top heavy mountains. 

This, of course, meant that Cerberus can now lay claim that he had at least once single-hoofidly destroyed a mountain.

Looking down now from what was maybe half a mile up on the canyon walls through what it could only assume Cerberus stood amongst the pillar of red dust, the still nameless sprite yelled down in a way that it didn't fully expect to be answered for.

NOW what am I going to do with you?

...how am I supposed to follow him now?

@Catpone Cerberus

Her physical approach were by far the most effective one. Magic and flames could be taken away, and even if the brute force method would end up somewhat disorienting, she'd still end close to where Leviathan were napping, and could lounge forward to grab her at her own leisure. It would just mean that said dragoness were between the kitsune and Ruby herself, with the elder one positioning himself as if he were ready to fight. Teeth barred, claws out, and a trail of glittering magic flourishing in the air in front of him. Fun time were over, as soon as someone might present a threat for the kits, and this one were seemingly very intent on getting to where they were. Maybe just to take the smaller one, but he could not take the risk. Especially not as it seemed she had some magic of her own, with that fire that seemed to erupt from nowhere, and scorched the plant life in a half meter radius around her. He even felt a little singe on his whiskers, which rang some alarm bells.

Fortune smiles upon them all though, as it seemed Ruby just wanted to grab her other dragon, and take off. Considering the safety risk, the kitsune parted the illusions straight away, to allow her for a quick, direct escape out of this place. Lesser of two evils, even if the lesson got cut short.

"*gasp* Nooo! She's taking the dragon lady!"

A young voice, belonging to one of the kits from before, cried out in disappointment. She had been looking forward to learning about dragons, and now that were done with. Now it'd just be illusionary dragons, and that just wasn't the same. Though she'd stop saying more, after the adult kitsune shushed her, and let out a series of small yips. A signal that it were time for the kits to get to him, and for them to leave. The lesson were over. For now.

If Ruby tried something, he'd distract her with his magic, and vanish from the area. And if it were before the kits got here, he'd fizzle about, grabbing them one by one, and sending them home.

It were one reason why few wanted to fight the kitsune. There were ways to hurt them, and they weren't immortal, but it were just so annoying, that it wasn't wort the time for most beings.

As for Leviathan, she'd still be sleeping well once she were taken away, none the wiser. One could probably use some magic to wake her up eventually, when they were at a safe distance, but honestly, why overcomplicate things? Give her a good shake and/or a slap, and she'd snap out of it. Not everything needed to be complicated.

===============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I'd offer you some to try, Nada, but Fah'lina ate what we had before we got back to Ponyville. It's apparently pretty delicious. You know, for meat eaters. Icky for me. I'll make sure that she shares some when we take that trip next week to the ocean."

The mimic rose up, and opened her mouth, about to seemingly say something. Then soon as it started, it stopped again, and she went down on her paws once more. She were already in a bad reputation with Nada, over the incident earlier, and her refusing to share food wouldn't help. Long as most of it still went to her though. The majority of the delicious crab meat needed to go to her tummy.

"Seems like everything's sorted then, yey! Always good when everypony gets along."

"Can't argue against that. Gets rightly messed up if there's fighting and arguing all the time. Ain't wanting that stuff around here. Especially not after a day like we've had.

Honestly still amazed you managed to just sit through it all, Nada. Quite a lot of ruckus, and then an attack going everywhere. Guess you must've been really lucky."

Berry would take a sip from her coffee, and feel the nice, jittery shiver of caffeine go through her. Sweet, bitter beans. Always putting a shine on a bad day.

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have seen two. Both Rose and Anomaly, seemed to have some degree of fascination with your state.

Now, I am not saying it were either of them. From what I could gather in the time that Anomaly spoke in your absence, both her and Rose are connected to life primarily. Yet it does make me wonder if perhaps it were not one of their kin, who may have assaulted you once then, if it were? Draconequui - I have been told - are trickery beings, who does things that seems to have little more reason, than being on a whim. It is no guarantee, but perhaps some reason leading to your situation, might lie in one of their kinds schemes? A flimsy idea perhaps, but it is the only one which I currently have."

Putting the castle further behind them, and getting into the now lighter forest again, were helping on things. Though there were still a dark cloud hanging over them, metaphorically speaking, from this subject being discussed. One which thus far, they had nothing to really go on to resolve. And yet, it seemed pertinent to at least discuss it.

Besides, with the castle being left further and further away from them, they needed a topic to land upon. If not this, then what else might be up for discussion?

===========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 12/1/2020 at 3:25 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’m not really sure a question of my personal tastes in music could help you understand more about the longma. For a good portion of my life, I grew up alone and in seclusion, only leaving the dense forests and city outskirts to reunite with my brother and find a way home. I guess I really don’t have a preference if you are asking for a specific type as I never really found that important. It does remind me of a memory I had many years ago.”

“There was this young stallion, Fiddle Swing, in Salt Lick City who played guitar on a street corner. He was there everyday, playing music for meager bits. Back then, I was lost, aimless, and had only a few bits to my name, but I enjoyed his music. What little I had, I gave to him, knowing he needed something to eat soon.”

“That’s when he offered to let me stay with him for a while, if only because the local authorities would run me in for vagrancy. He’d play some tunes and sing whatever was popular at the time. Wasn’t even two days before we had to part ways because it was expensive to support ourselves, and he convinced me to live for something. That’s what got me to try and find a way home.”

"The taste in music, can often be influenced by things when you grew up. I thought that maybe, there would be something to learn from that, when it came to you.

And there were a lesson to be given, Lin. Not one of culture, but one of your kindness, and of a positive influence. It is heartwarming to know that even in your exile, which must have been quite the harrowing ordeal, you recognized there were another in great need. It is admirable, though it saddens me to hear that you parted ways. Have you perhaps thought of returning there, and see how he is doing these days? It sounds as if it were a short, yet important meeting for you. It may well be worth trying to reconnect, if possible."

Old friends shouldn't just be discarded, nor neglected. These two clearly had a bond, for him to have influenced Lin in such a short amount of time, and it sounded like a pity to Soda, that the two of them would lose contact, and never attempt to rekindle it. Lin had many friends now, and seemed pleased with things, so it might well be she were in a position, and frame of mind, to attempt to connect with the better parts of their exile. This musician being one of them, though there were likely more. At least he hoped there were.

Lin would take this moment to glance at Omen and smile as she overheard how the Ki’Nathar explained how she was able to cough up the bits to pay for their purchase. It was endearing in its own way. 

After payment, Omen would open a gate, and wander through it with the little box. She'd return soon again, after depositing the box there, at which point, Mary had gotten another set of customers. A pair of griffons with painted feathers on their head, who were apparently drawn in by a particular doll, and some necklaces. For a start at least. Since Mary did technically drive a business, she'd focus herself on these two for the time being then. Mayor Soda seemed to have Lin's attention most of the time anyway.

“Going by your score right now, I think fate is favoring you more than me. No way could I try to beat that, seeing as how many points I’m getting compared to yours. Now that I think about it, I suppose it might not be a good idea to try and aim high when we’re focusing on getting exact numbers. You’re more or less at the endgame now, right?”

"I still have some way to go, and you are more or less within twenty points of me. Let us finish this round, then I shall count up the scores, as they then stand."

Throwing again, he started off less impressively than last round, with a double 4. The following triple 7 were a good upgrade on the first shot, but alas, not the one which he had anticipated to hit. It had missed that one by a few strands of hair's width.

A double 6 ended his current round, adding another 41 points to his tally. Not as good as one could hope, but a fair bit closer to the end goal at least. Now it were just to count points, whilst Sen finished his next throw, triple throw, and they could get a number on how well it looked right now.

"Come on then, Sen. Show me the very best you got!"

===========================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 12/1/2020 at 4:28 AM, Windy Breeze said:

He smiled, glad to introduce his family “My father, Ilaaliyen is a watchzebra and always guard the herd during the night. He was a cheerful type, and would often light up the gloomy mood with humor. My mother acts as my and my sisters' guardian, Thamani Muziki is my big sister, she would often sing encouraging songs to our herd, mostly during famine and during a funeral. I also have a little sister, her name is Fadhila, to me and my family, she is our precious treasure, a filly with a bright future. That filly has dreams of becoming the wife of the future lead stallion” he chuckled, remembering the times when Fadhila came to him to get some advice about dating “She's a silly one, and very lovable than anyzebra in the family, and many foals like her, especially colts”

Now, it was his turn to ask “What about your family, Sorrow?”

It sounded like their flock was of a matriarchal sort, considering Tepe's little sisters big dream, were not becoming a leader herself, but the wife of one. A little depressing to hear frankly, but that were hopefully not a tradition that had carried on. They did not need stuff like that in the more modern world, even if tradition were important for the zebra. Though to what extend, she didn't know. Zebra were not the sort of equine that Sorrow hung around with the most. They looked like traditionalists from the outside though. That much she'd say.

"Your family sounds like a lovely group, Tepe. I can see the joy on your face when you think of them. It says a lot of kind things about how close you are to one another.

As for mine... Well, my family are old. We can track our lineage back millennia, and through it, we've always been able to see and help those, who others might have forgotten, or lost track of. Such is the duty of the mares in our family, while the stallions does not have that ability. They help in other ways, like guarding, being doctors, or well, like my father. He's the caretaker of a big mansion. A great stallion, who takes a lot of pride in his work.

I don't have any brothers and sisters like you have, though. But I have many, many cousins. And I get well along with most of them. But the bigger the family, the greater chance there's somepony you don't get along with as much as the others, right? Yet that's not important. You are, Tepe.

Can I ask you something though? Am I the first that have seen you, ever since then? And if not, what do you remember of anypony else you've talked with?"

“I don't need anything, thank you for asking, Blaze” Quill smiled “How much do I have to pay?”

Blaze blinked confused at that question. Stumped really.

"Pay? This is the Fillydelphia General Hospital. Like every other governmentally run hospital in Equestria, we're free of charge. Private doctors are another thing entirely, but there's not a lot of them that have a great big hospital like this. And if they do, it's bought with blood money. A lot of leeching going on there. And not by the medical ones."

Blaze did not hide her disdain for private hospitals. Sure, some of them had a function, in dealing with more specialized, or experimental treatment. But most of them were just there to earn money, and that just gave the universal healthcare of Equestria, a darker side to the uninformed.

Frankly good Quill weren't in one of the private ones too right now. She would've been ripped off royally.

At the entrance, Bluff and Flinty approached the reception table “Hello, madame, can we speak to Doc Needle, please?” Bluff asked politely, hopefully getting the answer they wanted.

"Huh? Oh, yes. Dr. Needle. She said somepony would come around and talk to her. Something about a family event, I believe? In any case, she said she'd be cleaning up her medical equipment for the next hour, so she should still be in the back, doing that. Just give me a moment, and I will get her for you."

More specifically, she waved a medical student over, and told them to get her Dr. Needle. Something which he'd have done within five minutes or so, when he would have her follow him through the back, and towards her guests. She had a pleasant, warm smile on her face, and seemed rather inviting and kind, though professional. It hid well the cold, calculating monster beneath the surface, that they should both know where her true self.

"Ah, so good of you to come around. Best to get this little matter sorted before the party after all, hm? Let's go talk in the garden, shall we?"

She'd direct them out there, and keep the happy face on, until they were in a secluded section of the gardens, with a shed there for smokers. Which she'd enter, and wait for them to join her.

"You're not following protocol. You're supposed to put a note, and we meet at the usual location.

It must be considered highly important, when you're going against that, and risking exposure."

She'd turn and look at them, with the cold, hard eyes that showed off her true self. The mare who seemed nice and kind, but had done hers to lay to rest several troubling individuals, that had entered the hospital, and ensured that no trace would come back and harm her. She was a cruel, calculating creature, that had no qualms doing horrendous things, if it furthered the gangs - and by extension, her own - goals. And currently, she were not in a good mood, for having to cover over her guests. Though if it improved her standing, to get her further along her goal of reaching towards the position of an ever increasing position within the gang's hierarchy, it would be tolerable to her.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Both Bluff and Flinty's ears flattened in horror for realizing their mistakes. Both new most of the members of their gang don't tolerate mistakes, especially when what they just did is very risky “Sorry, Needle, we were just curious about... You know, the place where that filthy Razor and that @%#&# Autumn lived. Ponies from that part of that area began to appear one by one, and we were so curious”

“Yeah, considering one of them might be our lost gang member, Sneaky” Flinty added, “That griffon disappeared along with Razor and nocreature still hasn't found him” Sneaky was one the important member of the gang. Despite being a crazy horror novel fan, he was known for his skills to infiltrate without raising an alarm, that could be the reason why Razor took him away, the gang oblivious the traitor killed Sneaky and burying him at the beach area.

Bluff and Flinty hoped Needle wouldn't report their mistakes to their gang leader, if she did, them and their families will be in deep trouble.

Based on what he heard from Sorrow, he family is large. Very large, and their mares are dedicated to help anyone who are lost and forgotten, which reminds him of his situation: lost and forgotten, no one talking him, and the flashing pictures of a male lion dragging him to its pri- Tepe shook out that memory, not wanting to break the mood. Sorrow even had so many cousins but sadly no brothers or sisters, which is sad but still, she won't have to babysit a filly like him. He mentally smirked at this thought.

His smile lowered a little when Sorrow asked him.

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Can I ask you something though? Am I the first that have seen you, ever since then? And if not, what do you remember of anypony else you've talked with?"

“Only you. Even when I visited the very crowded place in Equestria, no one will take notice of me” he explained.

“Oh... I forgot. It has been since I was last hospitalized for getting the hay fever” Quill said.

Windy was also caught off guard that her friend's sister would say such a thing in a public hospital, it would be considered disrespectful to ask for payment. Saving lives doesn't require bits. She decided to go outside and check on Sorrow. She opened the door.

Tepe unconsciously back away, when he saw the door behind Sorrow opened, reveal a cyan pegasus mare in a uniform he don't recognize.

@Blitz Boom

“Given how things were going back then, I didn’t know if I could still see him. I guess nowadays, it is worth a shot. There will be plenty of work to handle when I return home, but if there is a chance, I may go back to Salt Lick City and see if he is still around. He may not recognize me though, seeing how much I’ve changed over the years.”

That wasn’t putting it lightly. Everyone changes as they grow, but Lin’s case was a lot more drastic than normal. Having gone through more than one physical body was a harrowing experience, and even mentioning that could be considered incredulous. Lin would spend some time thinking about her younger self and imagining how that reunion could go. Many possibilities abound, but knowing how her last reunion with Sen went, anything could happen.

“Those days were difficult… but that sounds good. It might be a treat to see him, maybe even find out if he’s still playing the guitar. At the very least, I ought to see him again, if only to say thank you.”

Back at the dart game, Sen would use this last round to really push himself. Knowing just how close his score was to Rosa’s he’d use this opportunity to get ahead. A come-from-behind victory sounds reachable, and Rosa encouraging him filled the longma with confidence and determination. 

“Here we go, my friend! May the better player win.”

Going with what Rosa just mentioned, being within 20 points meant that one bullseye would put Sen further ahead. That was where his first dart flew toward, but the dart’s tip would only land on the outer ring, netting the longma 25 points. The next two darts would find their way to a double 9 and a 12. 

“You’ve got to be kidding me! I swear that should’ve been bullseye on my first toss! I guess that’s game over, then. Well played, Rosa.” There was a slight tone of anger and disappointment in Sen's voice, but that's the way it was, eventually conceding. The longma extended a claw to shake Rosa’s hoof, as is customary in these things. Or at least that’s how he saw it when he observed something similar in his travels. 

@Widdershins
Cerberus didn't even flinch when the boulder started to fall, and he let out a curious hum when the stone eventually stopped, that counted as riding the boulder down in his book, a book that would seem very odd to anyone who found it, it being filled with ones, every one indicating a specific thing that counted in his book, and because none of the things could count as they all were concepts and other such things, they all were stuck at one, making it a book of many ones. 

"What do you mean what you're going to do? you're supposed to know everything, you can also fly!" he shouted up "You also have plenty of time to figure it out, I'll have to sit here for a moment so that the dust settles." he was standing, not sitting "Besides, what more is there to do? we got the muffin." 
-------
-------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom
Ruby had no reason to try anything with the kitsune, as after she got away from the spot he had been in, she wouldn't look back, it was best for everyone involved to leave each other in peace at this point, though if he or any of the kits happened to be on her route, she didn't avoid hurting them, though she didn't attack them either, she had decided Kitsunes weren't worth the effort. 

Ruby wouldn't worry about waking Leviathan up for a while, as after she reached Charir, they would keep flying away, not only from the kitsune's area of influence, but the whole forest, taking a direction toward Canterlot. When the forest was behind, Ruby and Charir still wouldn't try to wake Leviathan up, but Ruby would move her on her back, doing her best to position her in a way that her sharp spines didn't injure her, before taking her box back from Charir, but letting him to keep the ring she had given him, a gesture that meant lot more to him than even Ruby imagined. 

If Leviathan didn't wake up by herself, Ruby and Charir would have a conversation as they flew, talking about various things regarding Ruby, Equestria, and the current state of things, Charir was still terrified of Ruby, one couldn't get rid of instinctual fear just like that, but he had started to realize that Ruby hadn't been lying when she said she wasn't like their mother, and considering what he had just seen, his trust to her had gotten bit better, his mother would never act like that towards him, not to mention a weaker dragon from a different species.

If they reached the forest that was near Canterlot before Leviathan woke up, Ruby would lower her on the ground while continuing with the conversation, and would start trying to figure out the burst of fire from earlier.

When Leviathan would wake up, regardless of timing, Ruby and Charir would pause what they were saying and Ruby would ask Leviathan if she was feeling okay and what was the last thing she remembered. However, if she didn't wake up for a good while after they had reached the other forest, Ruby would finally start shaking her to get her awake, but her questions would be the same if/when she did wake up. Charir would also look at her with concern, but since he didn't speak a common language with her, he let Ruby to do the speaking.

-----------------------------------------------
"I'm good at avoiding trouble." Nada said "Having lost my best way of defending myself, I prefer to stay out of the way of threats." "Though it's also thanks to the door being made well and the creature not being smart enough to see if there was way in in the water." during her time at the lake she had mastered the ways of being unnoticeable, not that there was many things she needed to hide from, since any potential threats weren't big fans of water. "Though I must wonder if it would truly even been a threat to me if a shark turned into a pony is enough to take one down." she wasn't saying the shark-pony was weak or anything like that, but she was smaller than Nada, so if she was able to take down a monster frog, why wouldn't Nada be able to?

---------------------------------------------------------
"Fascination is different from what I mean though." Scarecrow pointed out "I do not believe Anomaly knows anything of the origin of my state, the way she talked about it tells me that." "What I mean is more along how she acted when I arrived to the castle, she took clear pleasure out of the misfortune she caused us, that is what I would expect from whoever would create something like myself for fun." he kept a short pause "I'm not even that entertaining, I show no strong emotion, I cause no harm or mischief, all I do is walk around and sometimes help others." "And while your guess is as solid as any other, there is also the potential of me causing this myself, maybe I tried to give myself immortality or did some other kind of forbidden and dangerous magic, it could explain why nobody ever came to look for whoever I used to be."