Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

22 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"My name is Billowing Smoke. Though most just calls me Smokey."

Smokey would give a slow, formal bow towards Fuchsia. Not perfectly, but in his current condition, it were what he could muster. He would endeavor t remedy this later on. Provided that she would remain in his vicinity for a prolonged period of time. He would hope so, as he'd like to show proper gratitude towards her, considering that she may well have saved his life.

"If you can help me get the fire stoked again, I will prepare some rations. I believe I have some beans left, among a few other things.

As for what did this. Urgh. Pesky little creature is in the temple. Had I been focused, it wouldn't have gotten me, but at least I managed to return to my camp. I shudder to think what would have happened, had I collapsed in there."

His speech were getting more fluent, so the strain on his being, seemed to rapidly vanish. It appeared as if Fuchsia had done an excellent job with the antidote. Though he'd still use his horn to withdraw some rations to use, rather then move physically right now. Something which would show off the peculiarity, that his magic had a smoke-like quality to it's aura, well befitting of his name. Nothing that would change it in any sort of way though. It were just a cosmetic curiosity.

As for the rations, there were indeed a tin of beans to be found. Gel Baron's Baked Beans, to be exact. It were nothing of the organic, super high end stuff, but among baked beans, it were of a better quality than one might think from a regular adventurer. Though one of those, likely wouldn't have a feather made in pure silver. It wasn't as if it were hidden that Smokey had some means to work with.

Beyond that, there'd be a package of pre-slized bread, a few mangos, and a jar of some sort of orange marmelade, that looked home made. The jar did at least.

There'd also be three soy sausages, a bundle of hay, and some roots and herbs, that were packaged up in a small baggie for themselves. These were meant for a stew, in case you wanted that.

There were also a thermos of something that wasn't marked, but likely wasn't water, as he had that in a canteen already. All in all, not a small pack, but most of it he wouldn't have on him when doing the actual adventure either. It were mostly for the camp, to prepare for longer trips. As for ways to cook things, there were a travel cauldron next to the fire. Small thing, but nice and compact, and not that heavy. Weren't all that cheap in his opinion, but you got what you paid for.

"Might I ask what brings you all the way out here, Madamme Fuchsia? Did you find yourself lost? Perhaps you saw the trail of smoke from my campfire? Or... Perhaps you are an adventurer too? I would be more than happy to share this one with you, if it is. I owe you that, and far more, for what you have done for me."

Fuchsia blushes at the formal bow. She thinks a little and tries a crude 'little filly' style curtsey to receive the bow - she had not been brought up around gentle-colts, but - like many country-folk - has been brought up not to ignore politeness when she sees it.

"Not a problem Billowing." with all the formality she almost calls him Mr Smoke, as she had become used to with her former employer and friend, 'Mr Phantom'. She stokes the fire and helps him with the rations. She shoos him back down when he tries to prepare rations,  "You rest." she says firmly, unconsciously imitating her mother Roseberry, who would say the same to her when she was ill :P 

When she was sick on the road, a not infrequent occurrence for a traveller, she would make a vege stew. So she took some preserved roots and herbs from her own pack and mixed them with Billowing's supply and chucked in some of the fancy sausages. She was making a stew :3 A vege sausage and herb stew to be exact. She pokes her tongue out to add salt and pepper and then ladles some out, blows on it and gives it a lil taste to be sure... and then adds more roots, herbs and salt. Eventually she seems satisfied.

While she was doing this she generally talked and answered his questions.

She involuntarily scowls when he suggest she might be lost. "Uh. No!" she says, but the scowl melts almost as soon as it appears, her mood as changeable as her locale :P  

"I am an adventurer like you, but - uh - not as experienced as you." she explains that she looked through Billowings things, back when she thought he might be hostile, and found his maps and seal etc. "I was tipped off by a friend about ancient monuments in the area. I'd be honoured to travel with you!" she says sincerely, greatly flattered and rather relieved by the prospect of a companion, especially in light of the sudden revelation that the ruins were dangerous. The culture she had been following was a mystery to her... her tip had indicated that nopony had visited here due to an unspecified danger and she had been having nightmares about ending up eaten for the past few days travelling through the jungle.

When the stew is done she pours it out from his travel cauldron and into a little coconut bowl that she removes from her pack and gives to him. It is a bit rough, but the quality of his own ingredients should help it be a decent hydrating sort of meal :) 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Pie sounds good. I’d like to try something other than an apple pie though.”

“The Apple Family’s pie is already delicious. I doubt anything could top that. You know, maybe if we do run into something made with zap apples, I think that’ll be better. Ponies already talk about how delicious and sought-after a jar of zap apples is, might as well see if someone has that.”

The siblings were on to something, though they didn’t realize that zap apples only grow on during a certain time of year and under some strict conditions. No one in the Apple Family would disclose that kind of information, and knowing just how much ponies wanted that kind of taste on some of their food, the price of one jar could have a much higher markup, especially when it’s resold by someone else. 

They’d be lucky if they ran into someone selling anything made with zap apples, but neither Sen nor Lin would mind if they’ll miss out. Going by how unfamiliar they are with foods commonly found outside of their forest home, they’ll take the chance to try anything that looked interesting. Mildly spicy things would also count, which could be serve as a much better introduction to foods that give off some kick and heat once it touches their taste buds. 

@Blitz Boom, @Windy Breeze, @Califorum

" Hahahaha." Light laughed at Molotov's remark. "So true, who am i to judge?"

" I mean me agreeing just because the princess requested it."

Light starts to calm himself to stop from laughing and continued. "You consider CHRYSALIS'S THRONE a rock?" Light questioned then shrugs it off. " Well do you know the process of alloying?"

"yeah thats how this artifact on my body is made. Its more of a Chrysalis alloy than the "rock" itself."

@Catpone Cerberus

19 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That was just sad, can't even play with them without them dying." .

"Thinking they're runts, or outcasts. Usually the fun ones are larger, and sometimes have some sort of magic even. Let's see if we can't find some that are more interesting than this."

Leviathan nodded with a smile towards Charir before taking to the air again, to show her approval of his meddle. She may have soften this one up a little too much for him, so she'd let him have a little more fun with the next one before she intervened. Though she did learn something at least. That Charir could absorb and adapt electricity, even when not applied directly to him, and it didn't seem to harm him. May prove useful, if she wanted to give him a quick powerup at some point in the future.

Ruby would hopefully find their next find more interesting. A group of three, with the largest being four times the size of the ones they had met before, and quite buff. It seemed to be leading a group, headed towards the wall area, where the other ones were more like three times the size of the others. And judging by the way all nine heads looked towards them, these were smarter too. Might be they had found some grown ups.

"Bring them down."

The tiger head on the largest one growled out an order, and one by one, the snake heads would rise up, and begin firing electricity upwards, to hit the dragons, and bring them to their level. A level where they would have an easier time with them, than from this skyward position. The big one wanted Ruby though. Who took which of the others, he could care less about.

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I know her. She were there the times I went to their hospital. She's very clingy."

"*gasp* And you're hurt! Even more than before! Imma check it out. Don't you worry none."

She referred to the wound that the timberwolves had left earlier. Which were superficial really, and would vanish the next time Nerzhei would shed those scales, but it were easier to just let her do her thing.

"I find it simpler to just accept her antics.

Regardless, this place, Lyriel told me to go, and set up a stage. She may be the master of plants, but when it comes to stone, that is my domain. So I drew up something that should work, and redirected a river this way. Just had to move some rocks and dirt around, though it will need to filter the muddy water out itself. Give it a few hours more.

Beyond that, I hope you will soon get better news of your integration. The sooner it gets done, the better. Preferably before winter. I am told it can get cold in this area, though I suppose you know that. I still have to experience what snow even is, but I am under the impression that it will be chilly, and I don't know how good this place would be if that happens."

========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

19 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Lead the way, the town can indeed wait, at least until I have more experience with this look.

"I understand. And I do look forward to seeing how you will evolve with your new look. I am certain that in due time, you will master your voice well, and understand how to use facial impressions. Though I can understand why you cannot do that currently, considering your... Regular looks."

It would be a rather calm walk towards the orchard. They still needed to pass through some town for that, but nopony really gave them much hassle. A few funny looks, but mostly neutrality, or even welcoming faces and waves. Yet the town would end in time, and soon, they would stand on the outskirts of the farm. A nice place, with calm and lovely ponies working it. Not right now though. They were seemingly either elsewhere, or perhaps working some other part of the farm. SO right now, there'd just be the two of them, and somepony that seemed to be carefully putting down a small crate near the mailbox.

It looked like a mare, wearing a faded red dress. Nothing fancy. Just the sort you saw on regular farm mares, just with a different color. Though the scythe on her back were more unusual. Compact version it seemed, with a blade folded down to the shaft currently, and ready to fold out for usage. It seemed less farm like too, and had more of a feel of something a gothic being would have, as there were carved runes on the blade, that glowed ever so slightly, and the wood had carved symbols into it. None that glowed, but it wouldn't surprise if some of them did.

as she heard sounds behind her, she'd turn around, and the unicorn would look at them with her red eyes. Short mane long tail combo on this one it seemed, and a necklace with a coffin, engraved with a heart, around her neck.

"O-Oh, hello there. You're not... No, you're not the Apples living here, r-right? I'm uhm... W-Well, distant family. Bloody Ploughman."

"Interesting name, but you needn't fear, my dear equine. We are merely here to wander the farm, and potentially speak with the Apples of this farm in time. We will not disturb you, if you wish to visit them first. One must keep family close.

I am Lyriel, and these are my friends. Excuse him if he does not speak much. He had a... Peculiar day. Draconequi related."

"I understand. I think? You h-hear things, anyway... U-Uhm, anyway, you can walk around, I guess? I will just... Go and try to f-find somepony. It was... Nice, meeting you?"

She'd give a prolonged, concerned look towards Scarecrow, before scurrying off towards the main building, with the box flowing after her.

"Ponies are strange to me at times. Oh well. Shall we, my friends?"

@Catpone Cerberus

20 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm not sure.. if you can.. really answer.. our most pressing.. questions, but..I'll ask this." "Do you.. know anyone.. who knows what.. we are... or someone to whom.. the Night-Realm... or the Solar Empire... rings a bell..?" "Or someone... who knows how... we ended up... where....or when ever.. this is.".

"I finished my history classes pretty well, and I never heard of those places. Always been Equestria, and this specialfly being Ponyville. Well, minus the time that Discord ruled the country. The name were harder to really pin down then.

And you ended up here when your friend brought you in, from what I've been told. Must've been a rough ride if you don't know when this is though, it's-"

(insert year that's set a few years after the timeline became darker in their realm)

Afterwards, another glow would happen, and she'd give them a large smile, before heading back towards the door.

"I see you need some time. I'll come around later to ask a few things, okay? The doctor should be here soon enough, and he might be able to answer other questions. Try to get some rest and food though, okay? You will need your strength."

After she wandered off, Onache would correct her collar, and merely glance towards the closed door.

"So you are aware, I sent her away. You do not seem ready to answer what questions she had in her mind, and I sense you might need time, judging by one of your last questions.

Also, she did not know what you were. It were among the questions. Some I have found rummaging through the head of all who attempted to come and learn of you, after you were committed here. Your presence are causing quite a stir of curiosity. One which I have stemmed thus far, though I do want to know why you asked of When this were. It seemed important."

20 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Meanwhile a pony from the royal guard entered the hospital, a silver-brown pegasus with mane of shades of blue, nothing too special, expect that was the only normal thing about him, this pegasus had a horn made of golden metal and some kind of orange slightly glowing material, his tail, one wing, and about half of his body in general was covered with the same metal and same orange glowing spots (I know it looks red in the picture, blame scanner), even his eyes looked unnatural, not biological. He asked for the two bipedal lizards that had been brought in earlier.

The hospital staff didn't know what to do, with most either fleeing, or just avoiding him in general. some were gawking, or hiding. The receptionist however, were not looking at him, as she were used to reading through her files as she answered, and just pointed towards the hallway the kobolds were in, with a bored, indifferent tone to her voice.

"Third door, right. Show credentials before entering the room."

This were meant for the guard that were supposed to be at the door. Though as he irritated her, Onache had sent him away. He had *suddenly* remembered that he needed lunch.

@Rising Dusk

On 1/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"No more the rumors and whispers one reads in the Newspaper and tabloids.  The Solar Guard are rather tight lipped on the subject," Minty scoffed.  Her charm worked most places, but even she could agree it was outside her jurisdiction not being in Manehatten.  "When they're doing beating their heads against a wall we'll be brought in to look for anything magical in nature they might have missed," Tussle added.  "If it's outside Manehatten, we can only help if our aid is requested.  Being the new agency that we are, few know about us or believe we have any value yet,"

"I hope you will eventually be brought in, because I am almost certain that it were not mere physical force that caused the town's demise. I have witnessed it, and the outer walls alone bore marks of battle, yet mostly from the defense systems of the town itself. It appeared that whatever broke into town, did not use much, if any force that left visible marks. Then add in that the entire population of the town were taken, without a clue thus far as to what did it... I cannot be sure of course, but from what little I managed to see, I could only see signs inside of what the inhabitants might use to defend themselves. Nothing that seemed like an overwhelming, physical force had managed to ransack town. It were frankly unnerving.

Of course, the longer they wait, the less there will be the find, in the way of magical trace likely... *sigh* Hopefully this odd secrecy, will not cause the truth to be lost somewhere."

A troubling situation, when even the law agencies were not all in on seeking answers here. Made her curious if they had answers, and simply did not want to have it revealed to the public. Potentially because they carried some fault in it? Horrendous though of course, but one  had to wonder...

Best to not continue down that rabbit hole, she'd say. Not now at least, as she were attempting to also understand their interaction patterns, regarding Minty. Something which she'd not get much in the way of affirmation for, unless you counted Bash's grunt. Which she assumed, were a kind of agreement, or approval? She'd assume so currently, and think them simply having a more relaxed interaction between them, than she would have expected. 

Lagging a little behind the conversation, Flare spoke up, "The Underground Queen might know more about Center Zero."  "She does have her hoofs in everything."  "She'd tell me."  "Not if it amused her keeping you in the dark."  "Fact..."

This next thing then, seemed to puzzle Magma once more. An underground queen, holding information that might be of some value, or importance?

"Underground queen? Are you referring to Alpha Shovelpaw? I were not aware that she were one who cared much for information, which did not relate to her own kind. Though my information on her workings are dreadfully limited, so I suppose it could be possible."

Alpha Shovelpaw were the leader of the largest pack of Diamond Dogs in Equestria, and ran her pack rather efficiently, in whatever underground area they were now located within. It were the only one whom she could think of, when it came to this nickname. Though it still did not seem to fit perfectly.

============================================================

@Rising Dusk

"And to think the other week I was chasing purse snatchers," the detective exhaled.

After the connection had been cut - with Thistle saying little more than the fact that she would see him again - Grave wandered over to the officer. Curious of the conversation. As well as honestly a little nervous, as she assumed she would have been brought up, and kinda hoped they wouldn't sell her out. She could be helpful here, instead of lingering in an abandoned ghost town, and yearning for the colorful spires of Manehattan.

"I don't really know what a purse is, but taking care of bandits of any kind, sound like a good thing. Though I guess, sort of a big leap to go from there, to being the savior of a country. Though I'm not sure the worst is over yet. Harrowmark gets really into celebrating their heroes, and you're one of the biggest of the big one now. Not The biggest one, since that's probably still Fuzzy Wuzzy the Unholy, but still... There's gonna be made statues, and everything. Probably a holiday too, once they start getting things back into perspective.

You're a pretty unique hero to them, you know. Not just because you're an outsider, but also... Well, this may sound kinda bad, but you're still alive, in a time of crisis. There haven't been any of the great ones alive or undead for centuries. heck, near a millennia, in fact. We only have paintings and statues to look at now, to remember them by, and there's a limit to how much hope you can get, from someone who died generations upon generations ago. But you... You're still alive, and your imagery is going to help inspire folks for a long time. Probably longer than any of us stays alive.

It's not just a matter of wanting to make you known and celebrated, but also a need to. You're the closest thing anyone in Harrowmark have had, to a true beacon of hope, for a long, long time. And you've seen how dark our country can be, so surely you understand it, right? Without hope, we can't survive there. The darkness would swallow us whole.

I get it isn't the most fun, but... A few hours, for the lifeblood of a country. That's not so bad, right? Still leaves you a lot of time to catch folks that steals... I'm gonna guess purses are some sort of popular pet?"

She did hers to be encouraging, and informative, but she might have not stuck the landing all that well. An attempt were still made though. had to count for something.

"Also... I uh, haven't been extradited... Right? Maybe exiled, for being rude to the high priestess, but not called back there, I hope?"

================================================================

@Califorum

On 1/16/2021 at 12:15 AM, Califorum said:

She looks into Zeehva's eyes deeply yet with a cold glare. "Its funny how you all treat me like I am some washout, this is what happens when someone is abandoned and left with nothing. You are just like t-hem. Release me and this world will feel no more suffering." Magnolia growled yet Zeehva could tell that Magnolia was extremely pained when she said 'just like them'. 

"Those ponies and their magic, all it does is cause them to hurt others. When all of them have no magic, I will be left as the world's Queen and I will kill any monster or any danger that stands in the way of pony kind, so that...nopony will feel pain again! I will rule this world and those who oppose me, well..." Magnolia grinned as she looked down at her amulet. She hadn't used it on someone before....

"Release me at once, or you'll find out what happens to those that oppose me. Or I will release myself and we'll go back to our little game. What is your business with me? You followed me here. Tell me why."

"...Because if I don't deliver you, and t he artifact to her, I'll never find out who killed my husband..."

Sorrowful tears ran down Zeehva's face, as she locked eyes with Magnolia. A growling, evil mare, who did not deserve an answer to this. She deserved to be brought in for what she had done, just in this town, but fine. If she wanted to know, then Zeehva would tell her. Who else were she going to tell it to anyway? She had no friends in this country. No permanent residence, no family, and really no possessions. What little she still owned now, could be fit in a pouch, smaller than her head. She were in the grip of a problem solver, that fed her information in return for favors like this, with her following along in the vague hope that she'd someday find answers. Who had killed him. Why he had to die. And then... She didn't know. Vengeance had felt like a righteous cause when she started, but the more she had time to think on it, the less it felt right. He would not have advocated vengeance. He had wanted her to seek justice. Not bloody her hooves.

"You think that you're the only one who knows what it's like to lose someone? We were h-happy. I left behind everything to be with him, and then someone took him from me. I... I didn't even get told who it were, or why they did it. I was just left in the rubble to die, and forced to live with the memories. I'd rather they hadn't dragged me out of there, so I wouldn't have to live with this. But I did, and I need to find justice for him. Everyone who lost deserves that..."

She winched, as a hoof went towards one of many scars on her body, left after she had her home collapse on top of her. A gift from the one who took her husband away, and did so well in covering up their tracks, that not even the zebra could tell who had done it. Or perhaps they just didn't want to, because they didn't think it would truly help her to be told.

"Please. Don't make me hurt you more, Magnolia. You deserve justice both for what you've done, and for what happened to you, but becoming a tyrant, and taking away the world's magic won't change that. If it did, Tirek would have been hailed as a savior. As would Chrysalis, who ruled with fear and terror, to make others listen. It's... I'm not a hero either. I'm being selfish for hunting you down, but I can't let you hurt the entire country, in this crusade. Neither they, nor you, deserves that. Surrender. Have her take this dark burden, and let me help you."

She'd start to pull a parchment out of her dress. Within it, were a teleportation spell. She could mix one up if needed, but this lead to a special area, where they could confront the one who sent her in the first place. Though between her talking, and the time it'd take to drag this out, Magnolia weren't exactly low on time to react on things. Weren't like she'd be dissuaded this easily, would it? With how many she had hurt, what would the pleading and reasoning, or a widower do to her? Even if she too had lost everything, and could if anything, understand some of Magnolia's reasonings. Even though they had reacted differently on how to piece some semblance of a life together again, after the incidents that changed it all.

==========================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 1/16/2021 at 12:26 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“Okay, okay, fine” entering the room is a masculine stallion, there was a large black bag on his back. Like Bluff and Flinty, he was nervous, he approached Needle, and laid the bag down “I'm afraid Sneaky was, in simple terms, killed” he opened the bag, revealing a body- no, a carcass of a griffon, the body had weathered away, yet the skin and bones is still there, empty eye sockets stared at Needle and Shackles “I found him buried in the beach”

"An unfortunate development."

Needle would put the scalpel back down, and start examining the body. Then pick it back up again, so she could dissect the corpse, and get a few more answers. Likely disgusting to the others, but their opinion mattered very little to her.

After about twenty minutes, she'd put the scalpel down again, and deposit the blade on a piece of cloth.

"Unfortunate that he died, but in the end, it is a better outcome than him getting caught, and the body holds some answers already. I will pry more of them from his corpse, while you go and find some ponies for me. A pair from the hospital, calling themselves Sorrow, and Windy Breeze."

She'd nod towards a couple of files near the door. Some copies she had taken from the hospital, in case she needed to speak more with these two, in a less... Kind, setting.

"They are somewhere in town. They were in the area you scoured, and the former especially, claims to have seen ghosts there. I don't entirely believe that, but the boss will want answers, regardless of my opinion. Detain them, and have them transported to one of the safe houses. I will inform the boss of what happened, and get a professional here to pry what information they might have, from them. We should be able to properly interrogate them by daybreak, if things goes well.

As for your performance in this matter... You have proven yourself useful again. I will include it in my report."

It were the closest they would get to a *Good job retrieving the corpse discretely* they were going to get, and would get them off the hook. Even get a little commendation, by being mentioned as having done a valuable part in covering their tracks. It would likely relieve them, though their jobs were not yet done. They had a couple of witnesses to capture, and Needle had a dissection to finish, as well as a report to make.

======================================================

@abrony-mouse

20 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

"Not a problem Billowing." with all the formality she almost calls him Mr Smoke, as she had become used to with her former employer and friend, 'Mr Phantom'. She stokes the fire and helps him with the rations. She shoos him back down when he tries to prepare rations,  "You rest." she says firmly, unconsciously imitating her mother Roseberry, who would say the same to her when she was ill :P 

"I suppose I am not in a position to argue. Very well, I will remain seated."

Smokey would sit down, and give off a weak chuckle. He could have argued for him being able to do something himself, but he were hardly the judge of his own health right now, as he were not the one who were in actual good health. She were, and she insisted that he did not exert himself further. He'd yield to this position this time, though she better not get used to winning arguments with him. He did tend to be somewhat pushy in his opinion as well. At times. Depended on the situation, in all fairness.

It were lovely seeing her cook though. She seemed well versed in making a meal on the road, and were inventive with how to use ingredients right. As well as having the common sense to carry some spices. Rations were not exactly the highest of high end things, but one should still be able to taste something delicious. And for that, one needed seasoning. A delight to see that there were another adventurer with that mindset on the road.

It also helped that the stew she seemed to be making, were smelling rather heavenly. Hearty and full of energy. Just what he'd need right now, to recuperate the fastest.

"I am an adventurer like you, but - uh - not as experienced as you." she explains that she looked through Billowings things, back when she thought he might be hostile, and found his maps and seal etc. "I was tipped off by a friend about ancient monuments in the area. I'd be honoured to travel with you!" she says sincerely, greatly flattered and rather relieved by the prospect of a companion, especially in light of the sudden revelation that the ruins were dangerous. The culture she had been following was a mystery to her... her tip had indicated that nopony had visited here due to an unspecified danger and she had been having nightmares about ending up eaten for the past few days travelling through the jungle.

"Once I am a little stronger then, we will traverse to the temple, and continue where I left off. Though this time, with more focus on avoiding the local wildlife. One venom injection were quite enough for me, and with what I am told might live further inside, it is not wise to be too unfocused. It may just be tall tales, but there is supposed to be a certain kind of beast within, that could be very dangerous.

I doubt it is as bad, though if so, I have some things prepared for that. We can go over that later, if you'd like. I just need an hour. Maybe a few, to just let my system regain itself, after the... Violent outburst before."

When the stew is done she pours it out from his travel cauldron and into a little coconut bowl that she removes from her pack and gives to him. It is a bit rough, but the quality of his own ingredients should help it be a decent hydrating sort of meal :) 

"Ah, what a delightful bowl. Honestly surprising to me, how few understands the value in using what you can find on the road, as improvised tools of some sort. It's good to meet somepony who values inventiveness, and a lack of waste. Something tells me you are noot as unexperienced as you claim to be. No need to be modest around me. One have to be allowed to brag about their exploits, every now and again. If not, it takes a little of the fun out of it, yes?"

He'd accept the bowl, and eat calmly, clearly enjoying the meal. It were rather tasty, with a nice, balanced flavor. Fuchsia were definitely not a bad cook.

================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Pie sounds good. I’d like to try something other than an apple pie though.”

“The Apple Family’s pie is already delicious. I doubt anything could top that. You know, maybe if we do run into something made with zap apples, I think that’ll be better. Ponies already talk about how delicious and sought-after a jar of zap apples is, might as well see if someone has that.”

"I wish you luck with that. Finding anything including zap apple is near impossible, as the supply seems limited, and almost always reserved months in advance. A more high end gathering, or an Apple family festival of some sort, there might be a chance. Though I doubt here. And even if, there would not be any we'd be able to get hold of.

That being said, we can consider that perhaps a goal for the future. I may be able to hand you some contact information of some, who'd be able to find out when there may be shipments to work with. I think the matriarch of the Ponyville branch might have something at a certain point in time each year, where it is potentially possible to put a pin down for a jar? It is snippets and speculation, so I cannot say for sure. May be something worth checking up on though.

Now then. Let us see if there are pie somewhere..."

It honestly wouldn't take too long to find some. A stand, about five minutes walk, had a focus on baked goods of varied types. Including pie.

There were pecan pie, pear pie, apple pie, potato pie, pork pie, cheese pie, exotic pie (five different kinds of non-local fruit), pineapple pie, and four others. Sliced and ready to serve. Seemed like there were a good deal of cake and smaller snack cakes too.

The vendor seemed busy taking in orders, so it wasn't a dead stand for sure. And it seemed like he had more pies below the counter, as he replaced empty trays infrequently, with new ones from below. Looked like he were having a great time with it though. Whistling, smiling, and nearly dancing away, as he had seemingly found some sort of rhythm in it. Would explain the cutie mark, which looked like a guitar poking out of a fresh pie. Which he did not hope were on the menu, as it were likely not good for the teeth.

When it were their turn in line, Rosa would urge the others to pick first. With Sen and Lin going first. If they needed something to drink, there were canned soda's on sale here too, as well as canned water, and milk. All cooled off.

============================================================

@Windy Breeze @Califorum @Kujamih 

Blitz tried, but honestly, she lost interest in the conversation about war rather quickly, and would start to think about herself buzzing around with big, pretty wings again. It were nothing bad against the strange mare, but it was just kinda sad, and horrible to think about. And she liked to think of happy things instead. Since this wasn't really history that sounded like it mattered to them either, what was the big harm in kinda just tuning it out?

Really, Cali should have expected this. Blitz were still a filly, regardless of how smart she might be, and history was boring. It wouldn't be easy to keep her attention on it, even if she caught a few snippets here and there. She'd still sit and look up on Cali though. Might make her think that the filly were listening in to all of it, regardless of what went through her head.

At least the two mares were taking it all in, even though they didn't seem to like what they were hearing. No big surprise really, since it were war. Who liked hearing about that. Crazy ponies maybe, but these looked like two perfectly sane ponies. Especially in this menagerie of madness, that were everyone else. Including Felicia, who were starting to wander around, and examine the various beings from multiple angles.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:15 AM, Califorum said:

"After the war the Germans developed a bomb called the atomic bomb. This bomb used the power of the atom, the most fundamental force of nature and when it was split, it creates a powerful explosion. The most powerful nations, the United States where I am from...the Germans and Japanese used these bombs in tests."

These bombs could destroy enter cities. If they were ever used, millions of lives would be lost in less than a second. As the 3 powers began to conflict over influence, ideology and resources of my world they went to war....sort of...they backed revolutions in smaller countries and funded their movements which in turn, fought each other...they created rockets and sent people into space, racing to the moon...the bombs were eventually developed to the point where a nuclear war, a war involving these bombs would destroy the entire planet... but thankfully a series of agreements were made...and the bombs were destroyed and the 3 super powers of the world, Germany, the Japanese, and the Americans made a world treaty that set the world in peace....but not all is well...but at least, in my time, there were no massive wars." 
Cali finished speaking and sighed. It was a long history.

Blitz did start to listen once bombs got into things, and briefly lighted up. Then as she heard it were used to kill others, she toned down and scoffed instead. Stupid people shouldn't use bombs to hurt one another. You used them to clear obstacles, or make tunnels through mountains for the trains. Sometimes maybe even removing a mountain, to allow for more space to build stuff. That were her big dream for example. have a nice, big area, with a sign saying *Here used to be a mountain*, and a short description of her. An uninhabited mountain, of course. She didn't wanna hurt anypony, nor the cutesy animals.

"They use bombs in really dumb ways, like a bunch of nasty crazies. Discord should've been there, and snapped them into marshmallows. You met him before? He's real good with chaos magic, and looks funny. I saw him in Ponyville twice. First time, I bit his tail. I dunno why. Sorta felt right. Like with the timberwolves, but with less splinters for the tongue. Hehe. He had a good, funny laugh over it."

The talk of war were nasty and depressing, and Blitz didn't like that. So when she heard things like it, she'd always try and spin it towards something happy instead. Smiles got folks lots further than being sad. Or at least she did. Being sad got her nowhere, and even made her sorta unable to really do any work. Which were not good! So she had to be looking at things nicely, so she could get creative, and make all sorts of fun things.

20 hours ago, Kujamih said:

" Hahahaha." Light laughed at Molotov's remark. "So true, who am i to judge?"

" I mean me agreeing just because the princess requested it."

Light starts to calm himself to stop from laughing and continued. "You consider CHRYSALIS'S THRONE a rock?" Light questioned then shrugs it off. " Well do you know the process of alloying?"

"yeah thats how this artifact on my body is made. Its more of a Chrysalis alloy than the "rock" itself."

"I know alloying alright, but I've never really gotten to see that throne. I just heard it was made outta some sort of crystal, or rock, and went on with my life. Weren't like I were ever gonna be allowed a piece of it in the workshop regardless. We had other labs who'd grab even a sliver of that thing, way before they'd let us even see it. So why bother trying to scrounge up all sorts of info, right? Not that any in Center Zero got hold of it. Far as I know. We did have a few anti-social types. You know. Lab workers. Little mousy sorts. Literally, in the case of one doctor. I still ain't sure what they hay they did to that mouse, to make it all brainy like that. Lemme tell ya, the biology department were a bunch of weirdos. Great parties though.

Where was I... Right, your body. Heh, that sounded wrong. Anyway, it's made of part of that throne, eh? Is it true it absorbs magic? Must come in handy if that's true. Also, do you need to harvest emotions to stay stable, or does that only go for the race, and not that grand throne? You're making me mighty curious."

Molotov might have wings, bu that wasn't melted in like this sort. It were operated in, and had a chance at the time, to paralyze him. But he figured the odds were on his side, and he had pulled through. Though his spine did get all jittery, if the weather started to go all electric. The price of science, eh?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia listened to what Zeehva had to say there and as she spoke, she felt...a connection with someone else for once in her life. It wasn't something that had expected to feel in the least but still, Magnolia didn't want to submit to her. She just wanted to be left alone and to pursue her own 'crusade' as Zeehva had put it there. She was stunned to say the least. Her growling face and cold eyes went away and she closed her eyes and soon, she started to cry. She hadn't talked about her past with anyone before. Magnolia spoke shakily.

"I'm...so sorry you had to go through that...why must this world be so cruel..." is all Magnolia really said to Zeehva's story there. She simply didn't have the ability to process another's loss like that, let alone her own but Zeehva could tell that she was being honest, for sure. She just didn't have the words to say.

"I-I...my parents...they never cared for me...they abandoned me...they were careless and never loved me..." Magnolia was really starting to cry at this point and her shadow magic seemed to fade away from the area as she spoke. "S-shortly after they...abandoned me...my home was invaded by...bandits...I don't know who they were...or why they did what they did...but I ran..." Zeehva could see the pain in Magnolia's expression and face as she spoke. "T-they um....I don't know what they did to the ponies of my home...but I ran...and I ran...with no-one left..." she said, the inner rage starting to well up within her. The shadows returned. "Only the darkness was left within me...and like that, that is what I had left...the darkness...." her tone turned more to rage.

"I-I will...KILL those bandits...and I will rip their skulls off their heads...! I will prove myself to those who cast me out..! I WILL RULE THIS WORLD!" Magnolia screamed with extremely enraged eyes that flowed with the magic of those she had stolen from, along with her dark magic. The shadows seemed to strengthen, swirling where Magnolia was trapped. The shadows solidified, attempting to free Magnolia from the trap that Zeehva had layed.

As the shadows did their work, Magnolia locked eyes with Zeehva. "No, I have it wrong! Join me, and we will share our pain! Join me, and we will rip apart those responsible for our pain! We'll find the answers we want...we'll do what we want...nopony will stop us." Magnolia had never made an offer like that before in her life. She moved in a way, as if outstretching a hoof to Zeehva as the shadows did their duty. "Its what you want, its what I want! Come on, join me! You can do it! We can do it....for those we lost...but also to PUNISH those responsible! Please! Please...." Magnolia pleaded to Zeehva like a desperate filly.

Pleaded just like how Magnolia pleaded for her parents to save her from the destruction and death those bandits caused. And pleaded for their love, too. Zeehva could tell that for sure. For the first time in her life, Magnolia wanted someone by her side in darkness.

==============================================================

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom @Kujamih

Cali sighs at what Blitz said there in response. "I have no idea who or what Discord even is. You don't understand. Maybe you will some day." she said and stood up and started to look around the place. She took another look at the fancy spider creation that had been made there. On her mind she wanted to check out the stores here, to see what sorts of items they had and what sort of trinkets she could buy or perhaps, steal. She was sort of tired about talking about war. 

She wasn't sure what Light and the other pony were talking about however she listened a bit before joining in. "Mind if I see your...workshop where you build creations such as Felicia? I'm not sure what a Chrysalis throne is but, I'd be happy to take a look around." Cali forced a smile.

@Blitz Boom

If the corpse of Sneaky is examined, it would be revealed the back of his head had been caved in, giving Needle an idea whoeover murdered the member of the gang used some object, probably a stone or a hammer. As for Blunt and Flinty, their hearts brightened upon hearing her comment of their success, yet they and Shackles had another task to complete: take two targets, both mares, and had a bizarre claim of a ghost running around town.

As long as live, he swore is becoming even more strange and stranger as day passes.

The trio are both glad to leave as Sneaky's carcass begin to emit the smell of the dead. They leave without saying a word.

The dessert soon arrived, and the waitress set them down on the table for Sorrow and Windy, the latter drooling at the blueberry cheeseake ice cream while Tepe stared with amusement.

“Blueberryyyyyy...” Windy moaned in excitement and quickly dug into her dessert.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Califorum

“Wait a minute, are you guys talking about the previous ruler of the Changeling kingdom?” Luna lifted an eyebrow, “I've heard that Queen is a big meanie before she was banished from her land”

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Califorum @Windy Breeze

"You really sure you ain't interested  in this?" Light lifted his hoof and showed a chunk of black ore. " And anyway, me just saying what it is and you actually knowing what it is? Which do you prefer?" Light then gave the ore to Molotov. " I suggest you take extra precautionary measures when tinkering with that ore Molotov."

Cali then joined in the conversation.

("Mind if I see your...workshop where you build creations such as Felicia? I'm not sure what a Chrysalis throne is but, I'd be happy to take a look around." Cali forced a smile.)

"That sounds nice. What do you think Molotov? A tour on your workshop and an analysis on the ore. Its like hitting two stones with one bird."

The two mares then joined in the conversation.

(“Wait a minute, are you guys talking about the previous ruler of the Changeling kingdom?” Luna lifted an eyebrow, “I've heard that Queen is a big meanie before she was banished from her land”)

("I don't know who that is so I will just take your word on it. Tell me more about this Chrysalis you speak of, though." said Cali to Luna curiously. She had never been here so she didn't know of the villains.)

"Chrysalis, originally?" Light paused for a bit. "She was a creature trapped in her responsibilities and couldn't get out of it."

" But the Chrysalis i know... Heh... I guess she is a caring friend." Light gave a smile and continued. " I'm pretty sure you'd get along with her Cali."

" Oh and luna, blue, blitz. You guys shouldn't get hung up with Cali and my stories about our dimension... You guys should focus on where you are now... This is your reality. And anything that happens outside of this reality is more or less a fiction.... So even though it happened to us... It didn't happen here...  A fairy tale... But its up to you if you let it affect you."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"That’s alright, Rosa. I’m not really desperate to try anything with zap apples, to be honest. I just thought it’d be great if there was any around here.” 

“Yeah, living out in the forest and away from pony society means we don't have attachments to things that many would crave for. But those pies sure look appetizing… Wonder if they got anything with exotic fruits in it?”

The siblings walked closer to the stand and even at a distance, they could already smell the pies on the counter. The owner looked like he was having a good time, and seeing as he is fairly busy, the food on his counter must be good. Or that was the impression the siblings got. A business owner looking happy and busy while the stand is seeing an influx of customers must suggest that, right? 

Once the siblings were at the front of the line, they had a good glance at the pies available, already sure about what they’ll try. Frankly, if money and stomach aches weren’t a problem, they’d try it all. They were just that tantalized by what was on offer. Alas, if they had to only choose one, it would have to be a good one. 

“Hi there! These pies all look delicious!” Sen walked up first, happily greeting the pony at the stand. 

“Would you happen to have a pie with varied types of fruits in it? Is that even a thing that you serve or am I getting my hopes up?”

@Blitz Boom

Both Ruby and Charir dodged the electricity best they could, though even if they would get hit, not much would happen, as it would just pass over Ruby's scales before returning to the air, and Charir would absorb it in his scales, leading to similar situation as when they tested it earlier, though if he got hit enough, electricity would start shooting out of his horns, claws and even teeth, but not in the way of a purposeful attack, and instead like a cloud, just in smaller scale, it was excess electricity leaving him. 

Charir would again follow Leviathan's actions, but Ruby went right in, and as to be expected, went for the biggest of the three, charging in with a wall of flame in front of her as she breathed fire until she landed. Her combat plan, have fun, and in this case it was in form of imitation, the chimera tried to bite her, she bit back, swiped her, she swiped back, rammed her, she rammed back, and so on, if the chimera managed to actually hurt her...she would grin, it's only more fun if you can actually get hurt. 

For Charir strategy, he would avoid getting too close at first, acknowledging that this one was actually dangerous one for him, since it was big enough to crush him if it got the chance, and his attack plan, move fast and hit the creature when you get a chance, and now and then breathe fire at it, more specifically, try to burn its eyes, nose and ears to disable its senses, and if it was fire-proof, do the same to distract it enough to bite it. After a while, assuming he managed to injure it enough, he would do something similar to what he did with the other one, but this time instead of holding on, he did as much damage as he could before being thrown off, then rinse and repeat.

If he got electrified before or during the fight, his strategy would be the same, his hits would just be more electrifying, and when on the creature's back, he would accidentally send out a burst of electricity through it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you again." Nada smiled "And yes, you're correct about the winter, it hasn't usually been a problem for me, but I don't know how the rivers react, if they're deep enough for me to spend the winter, though I can always return to the lake if there's a problem with weather." sea water wasn't exactly warm, so even though she personally didn't have much experience from the sea, sirens could tolerate cold water pretty well, and freezing over wasn't a problem either since if they ever had to leave the water, they were big enough to break most ice, and if not that, well, their voices had lot of frequencies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrows reactions and lack of them would be the same for those they passed now as they had been previously, as he saw no reason to change them.

"I'd say this pony was weird in general." Scarecrow stated, not that he was one to talk, nor did he know/remember what normal was for ponies "That scythe was no farm equipment, you don't enchant a farm tool." he wasn't big on magic or magic enchantments, but he had picked up bit of the basics when he had looked through the castle ruins' library during his search for explanation about his existence, or well, even basics was bit of an overstatement, he knew that runes, especially glowing ones, usually meant magic. "Also, the way she looked at me, either she has fear of ever...what were they called again?...or this disguise doesn't fool everyone." while he lacked brain literally, he still had one figuratively, and since he was currently paying extra attention to others' reactions, he was fully aware of what the look implied. He would follow Lyriel if she continued walking. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, the nurse's reply didn't really help the situation, and especially the year seemed to bother the siblings, and needing a minute to process things, they both ate and drank before saying anything, meaning that Onache had time to talk before any real reaction from them. "Ancient hospital....nobody knows.. what we are....history that.. doesn't match.. ours...few other things." "Just trying to.. find an explanation." Trox looked at his sister in curious manner "You guessed.. time travel?" Sheska shrugged "Wanted to.. make sure." "Well.. isn't the case.. since it's.. only few years in.. the future.. since we got.. imprisoned."

The stallion didn't care about the reactions of the staff, he was used to being feared due to his part in his past duties, so this type of reactions weren't a shock to him, even now, because he had changed from the symbol of tyrannical power into a freak, from someone that civilians feared into something that nobody understands, and it wasn't like he didn't deserve it.

He thanked the receptionist and made his way to the room, but he didn't enter yet, as he heard a conversation going on, and didn't want to interrupt anything, so he waited until the room fell quiet or there was a moment in which he could join in the conversation, wondering where his colleague was who was supposed to watch the door. 

On 1/17/2021 at 11:20 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I suppose I am not in a position to argue. Very well, I will remain seated."

Smokey would sit down, and give off a weak chuckle. He could have argued for him being able to do something himself, but he were hardly the judge of his own health right now, as he were not the one who were in actual good health. She were, and she insisted that he did not exert himself further. He'd yield to this position this time, though she better not get used to winning arguments with him. He did tend to be somewhat pushy in his opinion as well. At times. Depended on the situation, in all fairness.

It were lovely seeing her cook though. She seemed well versed in making a meal on the road, and were inventive with how to use ingredients right. As well as having the common sense to carry some spices. Rations were not exactly the highest of high end things, but one should still be able to taste something delicious. And for that, one needed seasoning. A delight to see that there were another adventurer with that mindset on the road.

It also helped that the stew she seemed to be making, were smelling rather heavenly. Hearty and full of energy. Just what he'd need right now, to recuperate the fastest.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:14 PM, abrony-mouse said:

On 1/16/2021 at 10:14 PM, abrony-mouse said:

"Ah, what a delightful bowl. Honestly surprising to me, how few understands the value in using what you can find on the road, as improvised tools of some sort. It's good to meet somepony who values inventiveness, and a lack of waste.

@Blitz Boom

Fuchsia is pleased with Billow's enthusiasm for her cooking, evident from the buoyant way in which she prepared the meal, served him and answered his questions. She didn't always make much effort when it was just her, but she enjoyed eating with others and her earth pony farming background had equipped her with a decent sense for which ingredients to take and which to forage for, giving her an edge over most adventurers who were typically less culinarily inclined.

"Once I am a little stronger then, we will traverse to the temple, and continue where I left off. Though this time, with more focus on avoiding the local wildlife. One venom injection were quite enough for me, and with what I am told might live further inside, it is not wise to be too unfocused. It may just be tall tales, but there is supposed to be a certain kind of beast within, that could be very dangerous.

I doubt it is as bad, though if so, I have some things prepared for that. We can go over that later, if you'd like. I just need an hour. Maybe a few, to just let my system regain itself, after the... Violent outburst before."

"I'd love to go inside the temple with you, when you're up to it." Fuchsia says, with more than a little bravado. She is excited and scared in equal measure by the prospect of visiting the inside of the temple, an act that would normally be beyond her. She loved thrills and she was fascinated by beauty and olden pony/creature cultures, but she wouldn't put herself in quite the danger of the more expert career explorers, like the infamous Daring Do etc. She did have some of the skills without which any lone earth pony would long ago have perished or turned back - sneakiness, a heightened sense for traps and yes... she had delivered a sharp object to the soft underbelly of a few undesirable types she had found while travelling the roads. She favoured a throwing dagger herself, something she kept in a sheath by saddlebag, which she periodically took out to keep razor sharp and laced with basic local poisons.

Something tells me you are noot as unexperienced as you claim to be. No need to be modest around me. One have to be allowed to brag about their exploits, every now and again. If not, it takes a little of the fun out of it, yes?"

He'd accept the bowl, and eat calmly, clearly enjoying the meal. It were rather tasty, with a nice, balanced flavor. Fuchsia were definitely not a bad cook.

Fuchsia seizes the opportunity to talk about her travels - one of her favourite parts of travelling was relating it to others, and she had spent the past few days without anypony to talk to... and she may also be a little eager to impress the more experienced stallion. She pours some stew for herself and settles down to tell some tales of her travels. "Can't say no to that! Ok, Billowing... I'll go first. Have you ever heard of the Mares of Carthe?" 

(OOC: they're a pretty rare thing so it is possible Billowing wouldn't have heard of them, depending on whether he would have come across Greek pony culture - details in Fuchsia's bio)

@Blitz Boom

Cacora's PoV: Cacora is currently avoiding others having recently discovered a past she seemed to have forgotten. She keeps to the background and well hidden from her point of view. But those with preceptive eyes can tell she is nervous. Any non descript ponies, who do engage her, are given the quick greeting into farewell. It seems to be her go to when wanting to avoid those not interested. But she is looking for something or somepony. She continues to move about in this manor for some time. (Is open to any who want to interact with her.)

Silverwing's PoV: Silverwing is just doing him and avoiding contact with others. He is wandering the trails and roads heading towards Manehatten. Though for now he won't be heading towards any place in general. His place of rest is something of a makeshift campsite well off the roads down an unmarked trail. Once he left the Everfree, he decided that the place was too dangerous to call a home for him. It reminded him to much of the darker world he originally came from, a world he doesn't desire to ever return to. Plus, having not yet reclaimed what he seems to be missing, he still hasn't gotten his Horn/antenna to work as intended. Though the scrolls, in his bag, are a wealth of knowledge that those cultists he delt with earlier didn't really understand. It's surprising for him because he can actually understand the magical writing within. I feels almost like he knew the language that they were written in.

However, he is currently studying the scrolls that he claimed from those bad ponies. (Currently not available for direct interaction with others or current events.)

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@EQ_Theta

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Hi there! These pies all look delicious!” Sen walked up first, happily greeting the pony at the stand. 

“Would you happen to have a pie with varied types of fruits in it? Is that even a thing that you serve or am I getting my hopes up?”

"Exotic pie's the way for you. Five fruits in a smooth balance, cased in a perfectly baked pie. But don't take my word alone for it. Have a look."

pie51.jpg

(a little wider than this, but looks good)

He'd give a grin towards Lin, before lifting out one of the pieces of the exotic pie. Seemed to be warm and mushy on the inside, with a healthy crust indeed. Which were actually fairly important for one like him. Selling more slices than full pies, they had to look good, and still stay together when carved out. If it were at all undercooked, there were no way it'd draw in folks. Not that he'd accept that either. A food stand only survived, as long as it had a good reputation. The better your rep, the more customers came by to these events. And he wasn't planning on being a street vendor his whole life. nono. This stallion had plans of moving up in the world, so keeping up profits and his reputation, were incredibly important.

Meant he were busy as all hay during these events, and totally knackered the next few days, but it were alright. He loved the work, and seeing those smiling little faces around him. Especially the predators, since there were way too few ponies willing to handle meat, so one selling meat pies, were pretty special for them. Didn't mean they trusted they were any good, but that is why they were his favorites. The surprise and sudden joy on their faces, meant a lot more when it came from a sceptic.

As for the price, it seemed each slice were 2 bits, with a full pie going for 12. There were also an offer for a ten slice mix for 15 bits, which were likely the way to go, if you wanted a bite of everything.

"Lemme know when you all know what you want. Just gonna sort this young lady out."

He'd turn and smile towards an elderly bat pony mare, who'd give him a small smile at his compliment. She'd go for a raspberry pie, while Rosa addressed the others. It were likely not too good if they stood still here for too long, so a decision would needed to be made quickly.

"I would personally suggest that we made use of the offer for 15 bits. It is a good offer, and allows for one to try varied things. Though we should likely mark if neither of you would want to try the meat one."

Omen did not eat meat, by orders of Discord. Shrimp were strictly vegetarian, with only a stray ug now and again being okay. Rosa himself, also couldn't handle more protein than bugs, or potentially small, infrequent prey, like a minor lizard. This pie had too high a concentration for him.

If they agreed on the 10 slice offer, and marked about whatever or not they wanted to try meat, the vendor would start mixing up a box, while Omen prepared the bits. He'd make sure to have three slices of the exotic pie in the mix, since it seemed to draw some eyes from them, but otherwise would also ensure there'd be basically everything else too. Had to show what was on offer, and not just go all in on one thing. If that were somepony's want, they were better off buying a full pie.

They could be off to the side, and ready to dig in soon. With Sen and Lin being allowed to go first. Rosa could wait, and Omen weren't overly picky. As for Shrimp, he were still napping, but did seem to stir every now and again. He may eventually wake up. Little thing must be dead tired though, to sleep through everything going on.

===========================================================================

@Califorum

On 1/18/2021 at 12:50 AM, Califorum said:

"I'm...so sorry you had to go through that...why must this world be so cruel..." is all Magnolia really said to Zeehva's story there. She simply didn't have the ability to process another's loss like that, let alone her own but Zeehva could tell that she was being honest, for sure. She just didn't have the words to say.

"I-I...my parents...they never cared for me...they abandoned me...they were careless and never loved me..." Magnolia was really starting to cry at this point and her shadow magic seemed to fade away from the area as she spoke. "S-shortly after they...abandoned me...my home was invaded by...bandits...I don't know who they were...or why they did what they did...but I ran..." Zeehva could see the pain in Magnolia's expression and face as she spoke. "T-they um....I don't know what they did to the ponies of my home...but I ran...and I ran...with no-one left..." she said, the inner rage starting to well up within her. The shadows returned. "Only the darkness was left within me...and like that, that is what I had left...the darkness...." her tone turned more to rage.

"I-I will...KILL those bandits...and I will rip their skulls off their heads...! I will prove myself to those who cast me out..! I WILL RULE THIS WORLD!"

The restraints were struggling against the sudden increase in dark power from Magnolia, and Zeehva had started to hesitate prior to that. She could have gotten them away already. Gone to the extraction point, delivered the mare, and let her *boss* take care of her from there on out. In which way she weren't sure, but she had been assured that it did not involve torture or murder, which were important for her.

However, she had hesitated, when she heard the sad tale from Magnolia. One which rung with a familiar sadness, and were not just some simple lie. The emotions she read on Magnolia's face, and heard in her voice... They were real. She had suffered. From both parents who treated her like nothing, and bandits that took what little she had after that. A situation that were bound to lead you to a crossroad, as she then had been. One where she had sadly picked the wrong path.

Yet Zeehva understood her. Not having any goodness in your life before things started to crumble around you, what were there to cling to, to keep you alive, and drive you on? She may well have ended up like this herself, had she not the morals of her family, and even more so her husband, to fall back on.

Magnolia had seemingly fallen into darkness, because of what everyone else had done to her, and not found another way than to embrace it. Zeehva wept for the mare, yet she couldn't just let her wander around and cause these problems.

"No, I have it wrong! Join me, and we will share our pain! Join me, and we will rip apart those responsible for our pain! We'll find the answers we want...we'll do what we want...nopony will stop us." Magnolia had never made an offer like that before in her life. She moved in a way, as if outstretching a hoof to Zeehva as the shadows did their duty. "Its what you want, its what I want! Come on, join me! You can do it! We can do it....for those we lost...but also to PUNISH those responsible! Please! Please...." Magnolia pleaded to Zeehva like a desperate filly.

"I want to make them pay... But not like this. It isn't right, Magnolia.

We both deserve justice for what happened, but that's not the same as vengeance. It just blinds you, and clouds your mind, when you're supposed to show that you're better than those you chase. It isn't fair that they get to face the law, when they took so much from others, but what then if we killed them? Then we'd become the new monsters that would be chased, and so on, and so forth, until someone finally breaks the chain.

My h-husband was a hero. I can't claim to want justice for what happened, and then become the same kind of monster that took him from me. It would drag his memory through the dirt.

And your parents... They were the monsters in your life, magnolia. And if you start becoming a scourge, you'll just end up making them think they were right in casting you aside. Don't be like that. Please. Let me help you out of the darkness, and help you seek retribution the right way. Become something better than they ever could, and show them that They didn't deserve You.

I beg you, Magnolia: See reason. If you go and kill them, you will cross a treshold you can't go back from again, and be marked as a monster by everyone. Don't you think you deserve better than that? Because I do. I know you can be better than this."

It were a little cheesy, and she weren't entirely sure if it landed right, but Zeehva had to try and reason with Magnolia. The mare didn't deserve to be known as just another monster, in the history of Equestria. Especially not because of a direction that she were pushed into, by an unloving family, and bandits that belonged behind bars.

Just as Magnolia pleaded with her to go with her into the darkness, so would Zeehva now beg of her to reach a hoof out, and join her in the light, before it became too late to save her. She even physically moved a hoof towards the mare, as the teleportation scroll fell to the ground, and started to work its magic. Which would take around thirty seconds, unless it were moved, or they did. And with how the darkness moved now, Magnolia could break free of her bonds any second now. They were not meant to deal with this much dark magic. Especially not when the caster were getting emotional, as that sort of magic tended to blaze up, once it hit a certain peak.

It were now just a question of whose ideal would get them the furthest. Magnolia's path of vengeance, or Zeehva's rite of justice.

===============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

While elsewhere in the city, Needle kept working on the corpse, and made note of what she could to send off to the boss, the others were about to enjoy themselves a good piece of desert. Hopefully they had remembered to bring the third for Tepe that they ordered on his behalf. Though if not, Sorrow would half hers, and share it with him. He might be dead, but that didn't mean that he weren't allowed to enjoy the small things in life. And especially with what sounded like grim news afterwards, they better enjoy this a lot.

Windy certainly were, as she seemed to nearly vacuum the desert into her gullet. Seemed like a good endorsement, leaning towards it being well worth eating.

Having a bite, she'd have to agree too. It were fairly delicious, and well balanced. Though she liked to eat slower, and enjoy it. Had to savor things, before the miserable reality caught up to them again.

"It's pretty good. I should try and remember this place, in case I come around again sometime in the future. What do you think about it?"

================================================================================

@Windy Breeze @Califorum @Kujamih

She wasn't sure what Light and the other pony were talking about however she listened a bit before joining in. "Mind if I see your...workshop where you build creations such as Felicia? I'm not sure what a Chrysalis throne is but, I'd be happy to take a look around." Cali forced a smile.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:42 AM, Kujamih said:

"That sounds nice. What do you think Molotov? A tour on your workshop and an analysis on the ore. Its like hitting two stones with one bird."

"A tour of my stomping ground, eh? Alright, sounds like a fun idea. Just a few things to keep in mind here:

1. Don't start touching something that looks unfinished. It'll likely end up hurting you.

2. Mitts off the tools. Some of them can be a real pain in the flank to replace.

3. The whole building's got security features, including inside. Try not to do something that looks like an attack.

4. Special rule for you, Cali: Please none of that expanding thing in there, alright? Don't wanna get mushed against a wall.

And before we go in, just wanna add that it's a bad idea to say good things about Chrysalis in Equestria. Been nothing but a pain in the flank to every pony, and changeling alike, that I've ever heard of. Probably in the top four most evil queens, though I can't say for sure. Some stories gets exaggerated. I ain't judging too much, but just take a friendly advice, and don't go spouting sympathy for her. It ain't gonna get you any friends."

He'd lead the way to the front door, and look up towards the camera. Something clicked, and the heavy, thick door would unlock, so that he could push it open.

Inside were a myriad of things. Most that were there were a smaller work bench in the corner, covered with various small stuff and scorch marks. That one belonged to Blitz. Whereas a far bigger one, covering most of the side wall, belonged to Molotov. As clean as you could get in this sort of environment, and with various things on top, though most schematics would be elsewhere. A few were rolled up, in tubes, beneath the bench itself though. The entire wall above it were also lined from wall to wall, with various tools. All cleaned and shined up, so they were ready to use at a moment's notice.

The floor had a large machine currently sitting there, which looked like a sort of giant ant robot, that were still missing some front parts, and were only partially filled with wires thus far. A work in progress, whereas the other end of the room, had a locked up, closed off area with a good deal of finished things. From what seemed like a mechanical seal, to a bird cage, with a small metallic bird within, a rocket launcher, an intriquate egg with several buttons to press upon it's shiny surface, etc. Mostly it were robotics, but he fancied a little of this, and a little of that.

The ceiling - what could be seen of it - also seemed to have a good deal of things hanging down. Extra tools, electrical wires leading into some tools, and so on. Nothing loose that'd zap them. There were of course, also a large force, a smaller one that seemed to be built to focus concentrated flames on a small area, and a large, flattered out anvil.

"Welcome to my little slice of paradise. Might not seem like much, but I've only been here a few months. Cut an inventor some slack, eh?

======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The chimera Ruby were after did indeed bite, and the singed fur it got from the fiery attack that brushed over it, were not making it consider doing so with any degree of mercy. With a thick hide, the slashes from her would not work as efficient as they had on the smaller one from before, and had to cut deeper to make it count. She'd also find that the tiger head, had a scorching feel to it's teeth when it bit down. One of the call marks of a good chimera, as it were a kind of flaming poison. It'd help leave a mark if need be, but even if it got into the blood stream, it wouldn't hurt more than if you got singed. It were incredibly quickly dissipating stuff.

It would also go for the throat if possible, so if she got to the point where she let the muscular creature bite her, it would attempt to go for there. If it did, it'd bite down hard. Which did little against a dragon, other than getting you into slashing distance. Even if the ram head would also try and hammer into her, if possible, or try using its horns to push her hands away.

As for the ones the others had to deal with... Well, after not having much luck with hitting Leviathan, as she were an agile little sky snake, they'd instead both focus on Charir.

Working together, they'd manage to get a fine hit on him eventually. But as he absorbed electricity, all it'd do, were to have him super charged once he did eventually get on the attack.

The one most focused on him, would try and stomp this little gnat out, but every time it got touched, or touched him, it'd wince from the electricity zapping it. And as for the other one... It'd be a little too busy dealing with sharp hail being fired down on it from Leviathan, who looked down on this little gnat, with a big grin on her face, and electricity dancing on one hand, while frost covered the other. Ruby might think this cowardly, but she enjoyed the safety of range, as well as the feeling of superiority. The fact that she'd start to fire down electricity-charge hail balls eventually, was a fun extra, that made the creature run around, and feebly try attacking her in return, but not having any luck hitting.

Eventually it'd bump into it's companion, that were trying to deal with Charir. The distraction could leave him a good moment to go over over and slice them really good. And as a minor incentive to do so, and finish this properly, Leviathan would *accidentally* hit him with a bolt of electricity. It should make him able to fry them. Though if he missed, or didn't take the chance, she'd up the game, and throw a frozen spear into the back of the one she had wanted down, piercing it, and getting it's slumped over body stuck to the ground.

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Thank you again." Nada smiled "And yes, you're correct about the winter, it hasn't usually been a problem for me, but I don't know how the rivers react, if they're deep enough for me to spend the winter, though I can always return to the lake if there's a problem with weather."

"We will see how things develop. As for my involvement here, I gave my word that I would, and I keep my promises. Sounds like it were done well the first time too, so that's good. Won't have to start trying to correct this attempt."

Ziggy would finally start to move further away from her at that point, and shook her head.

"You shouldn't be doing anything straining right now. Your arm is still all messed up. You should really go and visit the spa, and have them massage it. I'm pretty sure it'd help. Even if it didn't, it'd be something relaxing for you to do, where you could meet lots of others. It'd be good for you."

"I'll take it under consideration. And we'll see how the rivers behave, once this winter comes around.

Anything else around here that's still not right? Lyriel mentioned not being done planting things. Anything rock related that's an issue?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"Also, the way she looked at me, either she has fear of ever...what were they called again?...or this disguise doesn't fool everyone."

"Evergrown, I think the name were. And it might be she were just nervous, as we are not like them. We are both appearing as part of nature, and I have seen ponies react strangely to that. Though I will agree that her tool seemed peculiar. Seen some scythes thus far in Equestria, yet that one were odd. We may need to have our eyes with us, just in case. Even if what I hear, is that those of the Apple family are rather kind equines. If she is one of theirs, I would like to think it is the same for her."

Lyriel wondered of the mare too, but she did not seem a danger, nor one who had much interest in them. More towards the Apple farmers who owned this place, of whom she were apparently related. A family thing which she would leave them alone to deal with, rather than take part in herself. Far as she were aware, that were the right thing to do, when one wanted some time to speak with their family in peace.

She'd lead the way into the farm, where they would walk among rows, upon rows, of apple trees. One of which she'd stop by, as it looked somewhat withered, and not doing its best. Even if the varied tools, and fertilizer around it, signalled that the farmers were doing their best to rectify it. Not something which she could not do faster herself though. She made contact, closed her eyes, and worker her magic to bring it back to its full strength once more.

"...I can feel when a tree is well loved, an this farm is filled with this feeling. It is a very calming place to visit, I find.

I wonder if it is the same for true evergrown. I have heard very little of them, but they sound as a dryad in some ways. Perhaps one day I will meet one, and find out. Though I could imagine it being entertaining for you to try and speak with one too, as you would have to try and talk with one, thinking you were of its kin. Still, I could imagine that being somewhat awkward too, I suppose."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ancient hospital....nobody knows.. what we are....history that.. doesn't match.. ours...few other things." "Just trying to.. find an explanation." Trox looked at his sister in curious manner "You guessed.. time travel?" Sheska shrugged "Wanted to.. make sure." "Well.. isn't the case.. since it's.. only few years in.. the future.. since we got.. imprisoned."

"She said the year incorrectly. It is (insert the actual year). She may be sleep deprived, and mistaken in the matter. Would explain how it were so simplistic to correct her memories."

A minor annoyance, but hardly a big issue she'd say. As well as being one of the few that she could confidently correct, as she were well aware of the year they were in. Though it were still peculiar how they mentioned this place being ancient. And now they were speaking of time travel? Very peculiar indeed. Might be something important that she could learn from them, if she were to question them. Actual questions though, and not scouring them. They were still much too weakened for it to seem worth the risk thus far. At least when she didn't know how their brains were screwed together. She'd need to see things more specifically, when they were at better health.

"Are you from a different time? You keep speaking of this place, as if it belongs in an era long since gone. These mentions of what sounds like areas that could be ruled by these princesses of the sun and moon too, despite those places not excisting makes me think you are hiding something important. Did you dig yourself through time? Is that how you ended up within my domain?"

She'd turn her head towards the door again not long after, though still giving the kobolds some time to talk. She felt... Something, on the other side of the door. A strange presence. And once which sounded like it were causing some scrambling from others, to get out of the area. Whom might be there, stopping outside the door of these creatures? Might be today would involve a scuffle after all. And one where she'd be on the proper side of the moral highground for once. How quaint.

=========================================================================

@abrony-mouse

1 hour ago, abrony-mouse said:

"I've not been inside a temple before, just on the outside or in the ruins of one. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go inside though, when you're up to it."

"You've missed out then, Miss Fuchsia. The outside of one holds the promise of potential, fascinating sights within. But the inside itself, is where one can find all sorts of things. Ancient artwork. Artifacts. Statues or trinkets of significant, historical value. Oftentimes too, raw gold and gems too, which is legally for the finder to keep. Of course, anything we find in there, will be shared fairly between us. Be it raw riches, or things to donate to the museum of Canterlot. They're always more than happy so name the ones who acquired the items in the descriptions of the items they gain, if it is something they would display."

So he'd get the honor to be the first to bring her into a temple? Quite frankly that brought a light to what had been a dim horizon for him, the last week or so. Ever since Phoenix just ran off without a word, he had felt quite miserable frankly, so he were very pleased with finally having something to cheer him up, and look forward to again. Though it still weren't worth getting poisoned over. He'd have to keep his eyes with him, when they did eventually enter.

1 hour ago, abrony-mouse said:

Fuchsia seizes the opportunity to talk about her travels - one of her favourite parts of travelling was relating it to others, and she had spent the past few days without anypony to talk to... and she may also be a little eager to impress the more experienced stallion. She pours some stew for herself and settles down to tell some tales of her travels. "Can't say no to that! Ok, Billowing... I'll go first. Have you ever heard of the Mares of Carthe?" 

Smokey would tap his chin slightly, as he thought over this inquiry.

"... Actually, I do not think I have? It rings a vague bell, but it does not bring more than that to mind.

You simply must tell me of this now. It hardly seems fair to tease me with something I am certain are quite special, and then keep it to yourself. I'll share a story in exchange afterwards to make it fair. I may have one in mind that'd fascinate you some."

He could tease a little as well, though she'd have to spill the beans first, since she had started this. No idea what it might be related to even, which just made it more curious, and enticing for Smokey to hear her tale, and finding out what it were that she had experienced, which he had not even heard of. Something obscure likely, and that could lead to quite a tale.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Yeah, I'd love to meet everypony else!"  Ginger Lightning said, her face lit up in a smile, and  was very happy to get off Stage. She quickly  got off the stage.  

"Meiko! Come!  We're going to make some new friends!" she had a happy little giggle to herself. 

She was a lot more eager to meet new friends than to be on a stage.

@Blitz Boom

As soon as Zeehva had finished her plea, the dark shadows did their work and ripped Magnolia right out of the restraints. She stretches out of them and with a hoof wave the dark shadows seemed to line behind her as if soldiers for a Queen. She were quite frankly stunned but also a little afraid of what Zeehva had said there. Deep down Magnolia knew that Zeehva was correct here and that doing anything else would just make Magnolia feel worse about herself.

Magnolia looked into Zeehva's eyes with a look of bewilderment at what had just been said. She smiled for once in her life but it was more of a sad smile if anything. 
"It...it amazes me that you even care..." she said in a jittering, nervous tone. She stepped forward and slowly took Zeehva's hoof with hers. "After what you have just said to me...I could never hurt you again or even think about it...I don't know what kind of...forgiveness you have in your heart but...I need it..." she embraced Zeehva in a hug and tightly hugged more, tears flowing from her eyes at this act.

"If you were any other ordinary pony that didn't care to listen to me...you would have ended up drained of everything you had...I've done this for who knows how long and I use it as a way to feel strong but ultimately...I feel even weaker every time I did it inside..." she strokes Zeehva's hair like a child would to their mother.

"Nobody even cared about me...I never cared about anyone else...but yet you care for me? I-I...I never felt this before..." she felt something within her. Love? Kindness? Whatever it was, she didn't understand yet it felt...good. Good like no magic draining or stealing from anyone else could ever replenish or hope to come close too.

She pulled away from Zeehva and breathed in deeply as she worked up a spell. With that spell, her horn glowed a brilliant blue and she exhaled, flowing strands of other ponies magic flow out of her horn. They seem to search for something, before shooting off in various directions. The magic she had stolen had now been returning to the ponies it belonged to and Magnolia fell to the ground, feeling weak.

She could almost barely stand as she never felt her normal magic, and only her magic in a very long time. She pulled herself up and looked to Zeehva scaredly. The shadows return to Magnolia's side as if helping her up as she looks into Zeehva's eyes. "P-please...don't hurt me...please don't hurt me...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." she said in a shrill and scared tone.

She was now weak and vulnerable however...it was the right thing to do. Magnolia curled up at Zeehva's hooves and legs into a soft, white and purple ball. A ball that was shaking.

===============================

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Cali had turned into her pony form in a red flash and followed them into Molotov's base of operations. She looks around at the various trinkets and things here however she doesn't touch anything or disturb anything. It was his workshop after all.

"Interesting. I have known a few people who had places similar to this although I must ask, how did you get into this sort of thing? Its interesting." Cali said observantly in what had been seen here. Provided there was a sitting area she would sit down. 

33 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@abrony-mouse

2 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

"I've not been inside a temple before, just on the outside or in the ruins of one. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go inside though, when you're up to it."

"You've missed out then, Miss Fuchsia. The outside of one holds the promise of potential, fascinating sights within. But the inside itself, is where one can find all sorts of things. Ancient artwork. Artifacts. Statues or trinkets of significant, historical value. Oftentimes too, raw gold and gems too, which is legally for the finder to keep. Of course, anything we find in there, will be shared fairly between us. Be it raw riches, or things to donate to the museum of Canterlot. They're always more than happy so name the ones who acquired the items in the descriptions of the items they gain, if it is something they would display."

So he'd get the honor to be the first to bring her into a temple? Quite frankly that brought a light to what had been a dim horizon for him, the last week or so. Ever since Phoenix just ran off without a word, he had felt quite miserable frankly, so he were very pleased with finally having something to cheer him up, and look forward to again. Though it still weren't worth getting poisoned over. He'd have to keep his eyes with him, when they did eventually enter.

2 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

Smokey would tap his chin slightly, as he thought over this inquiry.

"... Actually, I do not think I have? It rings a vague bell, but it does not bring more than that to mind.

You simply must tell me of this now. It hardly seems fair to tease me with something I am certain are quite special, and then keep it to yourself. I'll share a story in exchange afterwards to make it fair. I may have one in mind that'd fascinate you some."

He could tease a little as well, though she'd have to spill the beans first, since she had started this. No idea what it might be related to even, which just made it more curious, and enticing for Smokey to hear her tale, and finding out what it were that she had experienced, which he had not even heard of. Something obscure likely, and that could lead to quite a tale.

Fuchsia listens attentively. She had spoken with other explorers and their desires for the fame and riches that came with treasure. The promise of money did entice her - she was terrible at saving, but loved air-cruises and whenever she had a few bits together (which wasn't often) she would travel the skies of Equestria admiring the sights from the skies, fancy cocktail in hoof. "That sounds great! We share anything we find in there." she holds out her hoof to secure the agreement. 

Fuchsia gladly regales Billowing with the story of the Mares of Carthe. In a particularly distant land, far from pony borders, she encountered a village of wild-eyed, fanged horsies, who called themselves the Mares of CartheThey hunted like timber wolves, but took her in as a distant cousin. Only the Princesses of Carthe were allowed to hunt. They were all betrothed the Prince of Carthe, a stallion called Meddios, who met with her as an honoured guest in their castle, where they dined together. Over the prolonged stay in the castle Fuchsia explains that she became more uncomfortable about her hosts and their predatory ways... "And then King Meddios and firey Princess Phaedra tore into the poor innocent little sheep like tigers and it screamed." she shuddered. "I still can't get the sound out of my head... It turned my stomach! I mean, we both eat the same grass." she added sadly. "I didn't want to offend them so I snuck out of their castle later that night... maybe taking with me one or two keep-sakes." she admits. "When I heard the bugle call out I knew that I was their next prey." Fuchsia goes on to explain how they tracked her for four days, almost to the edge of the Skyros! She managed to elude them though, sneaking through the undergrowth, masking her scent hiding with some of the local ewes, who took her in once they realised that she wasn't a predator horse. 

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Wh-what? When did this suddenly become about rearing children!?" Atzy spluttered in surprise and shock despite Mind Reaper having already flown down to Karmic. She didn't think there was a need for that yet the subject had come up anyway. "Enzo, is this all royals do? Just continue having children!? No matter what!?"

"Yes, I'm Atzy's sister, Karmic Fate and it's more like the other way around. My family adopted Atzy into it," Karmic nodded, taking a step back from the changeling drone. She wasn't sure what Atzy and this one were talking about but she'd go along with it for now. That is, until she heard the changeling introduce herself. She gained a worried expression and was now cautiously watching her. "Mind Reaper, huh? Don't ... don't go into my mind. You wouldn't like it," she warned her.

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"I don't intend on keeping Cherish chained down. I'm going with what she wants and she is a very helpful ghost from what I've seen of her," Twilight said firmly, stepping up to be beside Madame Macabre. It was slightly intimidating to be next to the mare but she wasn't going to let this stop her. "Mourner Lilies certainly sound like the last ingredient for this ritual. So hopefully, everything works out well," she told her before lighting her horn up with a pale purple glow. She stepped into the room and spread its light to all corners.

The room was circular and was clearly the only one in the entire tower. Dust and cobwebs were over every surface, covering the mothballed sheets of a bed, an old rotting desk, and most importantly, what appeared to be the mare they had all been seeking. She was in the bed and she wasn't moving an inch, not even breathing. The mare's hair was falling away in the breeze from the open window and her mane and tail were withering away to nothing.

Twilight winced and sucked in a breath before coughing, trying not to breathe in the decay. "Geh," she coughed some more before rubbing her nose with the back of a foreleg. "She's here but ... definitely dead."

AURORA LIGHTS

"Damsel in distress isn't exactly wrong," Aurora muttered, not exactly liking the term, and followed them at a sedate pace. She wasn't sure what was happening in the forest but she thought she could feel something oh so very wrong with their location. She took a breath and walked closer to the group, ending up just behind Lulu. "Whatever that darkness was, it wasn't normal. Maybe keep an eye out for anything ... bad?"

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Oh, you're calling yourself a combatant now?" Dawn grinned at him, scooting closer. "If you were such a combatant, why would you let a pony such as myself take you in and feed you? Hm? If anything it would mean you're fine with letting ponies help you but your attitude seems to say otherwise."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Tepe did his best to act like he doesn't disagree with Windy's way of eating while telling her to slow down “You'll choke on your food if it clogs in your 'foodway'”

As if a cue, Windy began to choke on her own dessert, fortunately, it wasn't so serious. She went into a fit of cough before looking at Sorrow, seeing the later enjoying her food made her heart beat in joy.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:10 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"It's pretty good. I should try and remember this place, in case I come around again sometime in the future. What do you think about it?"

“This food's restaurant is very nice, and they have desserts I didn't know really exist, especially the blueberry cheesecake ice cream” Unaware to them, a waitress, who happens to be cleaning nearby heard her, and was listening intently “If I were to rate this restaurant like it critic, I'll give it a 12 out of ten 10” managing to not gasp, the waitress went to front desk and told the staff about this. It seems they knew about Windy, as squeals can be heard. Tepe lifted an eyebrow at the strange occurrence.

@Blitz Boom @Califorum @Kujamih 

“Should we follow them?” Blue asked Luna, as they watch Cali and Molotov enter the room.

“I don't know, Blue. Did you hear what Molotov said? The building's not only filled with their... Experiments, but also traps for security purposes, we might hurt ourselves by even a slightest mistake” because of this doubt, the two opted to stay outside, not wanting to take the risks.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Will what help? How am I supposed to know what you're doing? You're still like half a mile away! You fell down a cliff! What am I, magically omniscient or something! I'm just a ball of light that leads you into stuff! The sprite quipped back.

Turns out dropping the Golden Muffin McGuffin wasn't a wise choice either. As volatile this must be and somehow dampening it enough to transport and contain would be proven quite soon.

Because the dust had cleared pretty quickly. As if sucked up somehow. Where Cerberus the catpony had dropped the Muffin MacGuffin, it had started to be engulfed in the red dirt rubble of the area like unseen hands were rolling it into some sort of snowball, but with dirt. In seconds, it would be a dirtball, then a a low rumble underneath it would be heard. Trouble was happening.

From the looks of it, if Cerb could divine this himself (and certainly not by any convenient, blatant exposition)  anything this golden idol touched would start amassing around it. Indeed, if he had held onto it much longer, it would have ripped the flesh off his paw. Perhaps even that kitty ovenmitt too! ... How... ODD... then. Since it had been magically floating, unassuming when they had found it. Surely THAT wouldn't be another secret pocket of trouble to happen later!

@Sekel

"I'm saying you pressured me into servitude. You said you needed me, and if you pick fights with other ponies as much as you do with me, You probably need somebody on your side to help you out of your own messes."

Kaltrop returned to his haughty position of chest out and head back; once again, not terribly unlike most housecats.

"Besides, even if pony meals are small, gooey and boneless... it's at least more reliable than having to hunt down random critters in my gorge at home." 

@Blitz Boom

“15 bits for different flavors? That sounds good. I’m up for trying more than one flavor, if that’s the case.”

“I wouldn’t mind eating something with meat in it, but no meat is fine. The only meat the longma get is fish, and I don’t think fish in a pie would be a great combination. Fruits and nuts should do the trick.”

Sen and Lin would browse the flavors on offer, though they are already certain that an exotic pie slice was part of the ten flavors they’d choose. Pears and apples sound good, even if the latter is something they’re familiar with. Cheese was an odd thing to add to a pie, but they wouldn’t mind picking that one to try. By that point, they’ve decided to go with whatever the booth owner would decide for them, unless Omen and Rosa had any specifics they’d like to try. 

From there, Sen waited for the stallion to finish with another customer before letting him know about their interest in the 10 slice offer. No meat was definitely the one specific thing they prefer, but the longma were open to letting the flavors surprise them.

“Ooh, this is going to be good! Shame we couldn’t make these things back home. Having fruits is one thing, but I doubt we could get any of the other ingredients for a pie. Or the equipment, for that matter.”

“How about you, Rosa? Omen? See anything you like?”

@GingerLightning

Meiko let out a small bark, and followed her along. Mostly because she were still holding his toy, and he'd keep jumping up, trying to get to it, before she'd give it to him. He'd follow nice and calmly after that, as Cheshire lead them through some rows of seats, and towards a door in the back.

Opening it, would reveal a hallway filled with aging pictures of acts that had been here long ago, before the theater had originally been condemned as uninhabitable. They kept them around for the flavor it gave to the building, but in time, hoped to have new portraits up. Preferably of changeling performers, to show the world a different side of their kind.

Eventually, they'd come to a room with some muffled sounds happening behind, and after three knocks, Cheshire would enter.

It seemed like a break room of sorts, with no one inside. Though there were a floating, burning number in the air, counting down from three. Once it hit zero, a flash of light went over the room, and every changeling there got into view. All wearing varied clothes, that seemed mostly salvaged from the props closet, along with a small party hat. On the formerly barren table, sat a cake, some buns, marmelade, butter and cheese. They weren't sure what Ginger ate, so they got some random things. Including blobs of a warm, orange liquid. Joy, in it's jellified, eatable form.

Everyone would say *Surprise!* and welcome her to the theater, though a few were more in the back, and seemed a little more shy in it. Likely those not too stage-happy. Though the seemingly shyest one, did get a smile on his face, as he locked eyes with Meiko, who'd jump in place from the surprise, and hide behind Ginger.

"Everyone, this here is Ginger, and Meiko. Ginger, say hello to everyone in our hive."

====================================================================

@Sekel

On 1/19/2021 at 11:29 PM, Sekel said:

"Wh-what? When did this suddenly become about rearing children!?" Atzy spluttered in surprise and shock despite Mind Reaper having already flown down to Karmic. She didn't think there was a need for that yet the subject had come up anyway. "Enzo, is this all royals do? Just continue having children!? No matter what!?"

"From what we have seen, I assume there is an expectation, that you're going to be raising your own hive. Ignore them if it bores you to listen to, and in time, they may stop talking about it. Or not. I am not familiar with your culture."

He supposed it made sense, for changelings to be somewhat fixated on having off spring though. If you were a queen, you were supposed to have a hive. To have a hive, you'd need to - as Atzy put it - *rear out children*. There may well be a kind of pressure and expectation that as she were a royal changeling, she had to think on this sooner, rather than later. But he were sure that if she made her lack of interest in the matter clear, they'd eventually stop asking. Though what did he know? He had been spending centuries in a temple, all by his lonesome. He could barely remember his own culture, as it were.

"Yes, I'm Atzy's sister, Karmic Fate and it's more like the other way around. My family adopted Atzy into it," Karmic nodded, taking a step back from the changeling drone. She wasn't sure what Atzy and this one were talking about but she'd go along with it for now. That is, until she heard the changeling introduce herself. She gained a worried expression and was now cautiously watching her. "Mind Reaper, huh? Don't ... don't go into my mind. You wouldn't like it," she warned her.

"I wouldn't do that. That was something Chrysalis forced me to do. King Thorax is much nicer, so I don't have to go rummaging around pony heads anymore. It's not nice anyway. It's all icky and weird, to tear through thoughts and stuff."

Mind Reaper were a nice mare now, but that had not always been the case. Mostly due to the hive control though, she'd claim. She had just followed her queens orders, and now, that wasn't a factor anymore No need to chase, hunt, ruin others, etc. All fine and dandy now.

"Not like I were the worst anyway. When she took over Queen Onache's hive, it got real intense. That queen is scary good at messing with your head. She'd make you believe that you were always her best friend, and that if you needed to, you'd lay your life down for her. Doesn't work on changelings, but real scary stuff on ponies.

Anyway, you adopted Atzy? That's still something special, since lots think we're some sort of monsters. I bet it's gonna make her raise her own hive all special-like too. Could be good, I think. Some queens do it real bad, like Chrysalis. Kept making the hive bigger and bigger, so there were never enough food. I had siblings go to mind death because of her. Grr, I hope wherever she is, she burns."

The last part were the onl time when Mind Reaper seemed a bit angry, though it were passing, as she pushed the images from her head as best she could. She didn't want to think of that tyrant.

===================================================================

@Sekel

"I don't intend on keeping Cherish chained down. I'm going with what she wants and she is a very helpful ghost from what I've seen of her,"

"Good. I abhor those who disrespects the dead. It is good to know that you are not among those who would do that."

Madamme Macabre were an intimidating figure in her own rights. Twilight were not alone in thinking this. Her family had their times when they thought that too. Varied officials, the Princess Luna representative that came to ask questions about her town, and wanted to learn more of them. Discord too, the one time they had met, and he had been foolish enough to meddle with one of the way shrines. He had gotten himself quite an earful, and not been back since then. Might be because he had been told that he would not be allowed back until he apologized in a truthful manner.

The list could go on really, and those were those just that she met in general, or were irking her. Those who incurred her wrath, tended to be less intimidated, and more scared. Though she had no reason to be that way towards the princess. She fulfilled her role well, and in some ways, had impressed the mare, with what she had accomplished. Knowing she seemed to have a healthy respect of the damned, certainly helped too.

The room was circular and was clearly the only one in the entire tower. Dust and cobwebs were over every surface, covering the mothballed sheets of a bed, an old rotting desk, and most importantly, what appeared to be the mare they had all been seeking. She was in the bed and she wasn't moving an inch, not even breathing. The mare's hair was falling away in the breeze from the open window and her mane and tail were withering away to nothing.

Twilight winced and sucked in a breath before coughing, trying not to breathe in the decay. "Geh," she coughed some more before rubbing her nose with the back of a foreleg. "She's here but ... definitely dead."

The smell didn't bother Madamme Macabre, as she wandered forward to examine the long dead mare herself. It didn't bother the manetid, nor Last either. Both had been around death enough for this smell to be nothing new, or extraordinarily revolting. Though Last were still not happy about being around it. Brought back bad memories. Cherish though, let out a meep, and vanished from sight. She weren't used to being confronted with it like this, and didn't much like to show herself being rather squeamish about it.

"For a long time too. Likely from old age. She have been an old mare's tale for a long time, and even with magic, there are limits to how long one can prevail. A shame that she did not live to see the outside world. Though... Hmm..."

She moved in closer, and lifted the mare's neck, before slightly nodding to herself.

"We should harvest the hair, before it all vanishes into the wind. I will take her body. She deserves a proper burial."

=====================================================================

@Sekel

"Damsel in distress isn't exactly wrong," Aurora muttered, not exactly liking the term, and followed them at a sedate pace. She wasn't sure what was happening in the forest but she thought she could feel something oh so very wrong with their location. She took a breath and walked closer to the group, ending up just behind Lulu. "Whatever that darkness was, it wasn't normal. Maybe keep an eye out for anything ... bad?"

"Bad? There's nothing bad out here, in my merry little forest."

The voice came out of nowhere, and made Happy, and Lulu, jump a little. Flaxxy seemed mostly to just try and figure out where the teasing, giggling voice came from.

"No weird smell. Only rabbit."

"I can't sense where it comes from either. Be on alert."

"Bah, you're overcomplicating this. Oi! Creepy voice! What's your deal?"

"Creepy? Oooh, I should give you to Datt Mamon as a chew toy. Naughty changeling thingie."

Seemed like this caused a reaction, and movement would finally start near them. A bush rusttling, and three of them readying themselves to fight whatever would come out at them.

Which would turn out to be a balloon with a face crudely drawn on to it, and pulling it's drawn tongue at them.

"Lovely, draconequui. This day are not showing a great sign of improvement."

"Every day gets better with a little draconequui. You're gonna see. Hehehehe."

The balloon would pop after the laughter, and several spiders would pour out from the ruined pieces, and rush into every direction of the forest.

"Bugger. Seems like we stumbled on the playground of a chaos crazy. This is gonna be a hassle."

================================================================

@Califorum

On 1/19/2021 at 9:53 PM, Califorum said:

As soon as Zeehva had finished her plea, the dark shadows did their work and ripped Magnolia right out of the restraints. She stretches out of them and with a hoof wave the dark shadows seemed to line behind her as if soldiers for a Queen. She were quite frankly stunned but also a little afraid of what Zeehva had said there. Deep down Magnolia knew that Zeehva was correct here and that doing anything else would just make Magnolia feel worse about herself.

Zeehva took a step back as she saw Magnolia tear out of her restraints, as well as wince. The trapping arrow hadn't been a potion, but a manifestation of her own magic, and had some degree of connection to her, to keep it stable. As such, having it being torn apart like that, actually hurt her a little. Like a short, spike of a headache. She hadn't yet counter-attacked, but right now, it were just a matter of time, right? It were never as easy as just talking it out, when it came to these sorts of things Never had been with her husband, and her own experiences weren't much better. And she'd be perfectly open for one right now, as she needed a few seconds to get back on track again, after this. She hadn't anticipated the restraints had faltered before the teleportation spell had finished, though now that it had, she needed to find some way for them to stay within range.

Magnolia looked into Zeehva's eyes with a look of bewilderment at what had just been said. She smiled for once in her life but it was more of a sad smile if anything. "It...it amazes me that you even care..." she said in a jittering, nervous tone. She stepped forward and slowly took Zeehva's hoof with hers. "After what you have just said to me...I could never hurt you again or even think about it...I don't know what kind of...forgiveness you have in your heart but...I need it..." she embraced Zeehva in a hug and tightly hugged more, tears flowing from her eyes at this act.

"If you were any other ordinary pony that didn't care to listen to me...you would have ended up drained of everything you had...I've done this for who knows how long and I use it as a way to feel strong but ultimately...I feel even weaker every time I did it inside..." she strokes Zeehva's hair like a child would to their mother.

"Nobody even cared about me...I never cared about anyone else...but yet you care for me? I-I...I never felt this before..." she felt something within her. Love? Kindness? Whatever it was, she didn't understand yet it felt...good. Good like no magic draining or stealing from anyone else could ever replenish or hope to come close too.

Things did not go as she expected after that at all. Instead of boastfulness, and trying to slash her into two, before draining what magic she could, Magnolia actually seemed like she were having a genuine, heartfelt moment.

And it just evolved further from that. She'd get in closer to Zeehva, who thought this might stil be a trap at first, but she remained steadfast, to keep them within the teleportation area. And then... Then Magnolia started to truly pour heart heart out.

As she started to speak of not being able to hurt Zeehva, Magnolia fully embraced her, and spoke to her about how she were the only one who had shown her any sort of care, or sympathy. The mare actually embraced her, as she seemed to need this physical contact, along with the emotional one, and Zeehva would join in. She wouldn't say a word, but she'd join in on the hug, and her tears would run down her face, and hit Magnolia. There were perhaps things she could say here, but it wasn't her time to speak now. She needed to let this out, far more than Zeehva did anything else, and she'd listen to every word. As would she slowly stroke Magnolia's hair, in a way to show comfort towards one who clearly needed it.

She had wanted for some years to do such a thing, towards a foal of her own. Yet she had not been blessed with an offspring before her husbands passing. Had she one though, she imaged this would be what it felt like. Having one who needed the love and care of a parent, to shoulder some of their burdens, and make the sky clearer. No judgement, or any bad intentions. Just a warm, kind bond, between mother and daughter.

Magnolia may end up being older than her, but even if it were so, it did not take away from the way this felt to Zeehva. And truly, if this were an act, to make her put her guard down, Magnolia had her in deep by now. This would be the perfect time for an attack, because Zeehva didn't even consider it to be that. This felt too genuine to her.

She pulled away from Zeehva and breathed in deeply as she worked up a spell. With that spell, her horn glowed a brilliant blue and she exhaled, flowing strands of other ponies magic flow out of her horn. They seem to search for something, before shooting off in various directions. The magic she had stolen had now been returning to the ponies it belonged to and Magnolia fell to the ground, feeling weak.

It were a beautiful display, to see the magic being returned once again, to those who had lost it. And she were sure that were it. Zeehva could feel the lingering magic in the air, and if she had any sort of reason to, she could have picked at the strands, and collected quite a few kinds of residual magic, left in the trail. Not that she would. For one, since she had no real reason to do so right now. And also, because it seemed that Magnolia - now likely weakened by this action - fell to the ground, and as such, Zeehva would wander forward, and look down on her with worry on her face. Hopefully she were okay.

She could almost barely stand as she never felt her normal magic, and only her magic in a very long time. She pulled herself up and looked to Zeehva scaredly. The shadows return to Magnolia's side as if helping her up as she looks into Zeehva's eyes. "P-please...don't hurt me...please don't hurt me...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." she said in a shrill and scared tone.

She was now weak and vulnerable however...it was the right thing to do. Magnolia curled up at Zeehva's hooves and legs into a soft, white and purple ball. A ball that was shaking.

"Shh. It's okay. It's okay."

Zeehva would lean in, and hold Magnolia close again. Her hoof would slowly stroke down her mane, as she whispered the hopefully  calming words into her ear. Even as she fell to her hooves, Zeehva did not let go of her, but just let herself fall down with her. It seemed now, that it were her turn to speak, and try and make Magnolia understand that she had done the right thing. And that there would be someone there for her now, to help her stay better.

However, it were at this point that the scroll finished its spell, and they'd both suddenly find themselves in a large, well lit warehouse. No windows anywhere, nor any interior to really speak of, though the marks in the floor, spoke of there having been boxes here, not too long ago. There were however, a desk there, along with two chairs on the side facing them, and one on the other, wherein a mare would sit. It appeared they were interrupting some sort of discussion going on between her, and a stallion standing next to her. A pegasi, wearing custom armor that bore some resemblance to Solar Guard uniforms, yet more costume made, and lacking the markings of one of them. He were armed with a chain and hook on one side of said armor, and a speak on his back. Looked like the sort of gruff, no nonsense type of pony, with military training.

7ggdxkd.png

The mare were harder to read. She were well groomed, and wore both shoes and a necklace, made seemingly out of pure silver, with matching sapphires cut into them at specific points. Her tone seemed to have been soft before they interrupted, and as her gaze fell over the two of them, her smile seemed warm. She seemed pleased with what were meeting her now, by the look in her eyes, though she also seemed to have a certain glimmer in them. Of someone who knew a lot more than they were letting on, and whom reveled in that fact.

"Ah, what a delightful spectacle."

Zeehva turned her head, and looked towards the mare. Though before she did that, she'd whisper something to Magnolia.

"I won't let anyone hurt you."

With that, she'd turn around, and face her *boss*, you could say, as the mare sat at the desk, and casually pulled a tea set, and some bowls of baked goods and sweets up from under the desk.

"I... The d-deal is off. I'm not letting you do whatever it is you wanted to, with her."

It were a nice stand, yet one that were met with a pearly, rather dignified laughter, before the mare responded in a calm, smooth voice.

"You think I want her demise? Darling, please. If I had wanted that, I would have sent associated with far less morals in your stead. Do please join us up here, and we will begin to talk more readily, about this little situation we find ourselves in."

@abrony-mouse

On 1/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, abrony-mouse said:

"That sounds great! We share anything we find in there." she holds out her hoof to secure the agreement. 

Smokey would reach his own hoof out, and shake on it, as were custom. He were slightly tempted to be more galant and formal about it, and plant a kiss on her hoof, but this did not seem like the right time for that. There'd be a time and a place for such expanded pleasantries down the road., yet for now, it were but a business agreement they were making. For those things, a common hoofshake were the way to go.

"We are in agreement. May our adventure be exciting, and our endeavors bear fruit."

On 1/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, abrony-mouse said:

Fuchsia gladly regales Billowing with the story of the Mares of Carthe. In a particularly distant land, far from pony borders, she encountered a village of wild-eyed, fanged horsies, who called themselves the Mares of CartheThey hunted like timber wolves, but took her in as a distant cousin. Only the Princesses of Carthe were allowed to hunt. They were all betrothed the Prince of Carthe, a stallion called Meddios, who met with her as an honoured guest in their castle, where they dined together. Over the prolonged stay in the castle Fuchsia explains that she became more uncomfortable about her hosts and their predatory ways... "And then King Meddios and firey Princess Phaedra tore into the poor innocent little sheep like tigers and it screamed." she shuddered. "I still can't get the sound out of my head... It turned my stomach! I mean, we both eat the same grass." she added sadly. "I didn't want to offend them so I snuck out of their castle later that night... maybe taking with me one or two keep-sakes." she admits. "When I heard the bugle call out I knew that I was their next prey." Fuchsia goes on to explain how they tracked her for four days, almost to the edge of the Skyros! She managed to elude them though, sneaking through the undergrowth, masking her scent hiding with some of the local ewes, who took her in once they realised that she wasn't a predator horse. 

While eating the last of his bowl, Smokey would listen closely to every word that were told him, and were clearly not just letting the words pass through his head. He were genuinely intrigued and interested by this tale, and it showed, as he were glued like a foal to a fairytale.

It almost saddened him when the tale were over actually, as it were rather gripping, and sounded like a marvelous adventure, that you never wanted to end. Well okay, in the situation, he would have wanted it to end too, but the tale itself sounded marvelous. The sort you could easily have a grand tale about, written down in a book. Frankly, considering some of the drivel they let into the library sometimes, he'd much prefer something like this, which were worth talking about.

"Marvelous tale, Fuchsia. A truly grand adventure, with all the peril and mystery as you'd expect from one. And meat eating, potentially cannibalistic hunter equines? It have been ages since last I have even heard of some, and never have I heard a tale of these particular ones. To think you managed to get through these varied layers of peril that came from interacting with them, and then making your retreat, without being caught? Incredible. You should consider having it written down someday, and share it with more beings out there. It's more intriguing than most of what Daring Do tends to report on."

He did not dislike that particular mare, but her tales were sometimes rather boring, or limited in scope. This tale were maybe shorter, but the length of a tale, would not dictate how good it were. If that were the case, the book containing every registered, higher sentience, legal citizen in Equestria, would be the most riveting tale of all.

"I know not if I can top that, but I do hope I can compare favoruably to it, at least."

Smokey would tell of a tale himself, which had not the same amount of peril unfortunately, but it were one that he always felt were close to his heart. The time he visited the Temple of Ghostly Embers. A massive compound, with a temple inside of it, which housed the elder phoenixes. A place which normally only their kind were aware of, when they finally managed to live for long enough years to build the higher sentience needed to be welcomed there.

He'd been welcomed as a tentative guest, after assisting a phoenix in his later years, before he flew off to that town. Getting there afterwards had been a travel filled with varied dangers, but he explained that he were now allowed to tell details of it, as it may tell where to find this place, and the elder phoenixes did not wish for visitor there. They had not even been keen on him showing up there, and had him imprisoned within a cage of magical flames for days on end, while they discussed what to do with him. The council of their eldest would likely have burnt him to a crisp, and thrown his ashes from the beak, to avoid them getting found, had they not faced an attack on their own then. Nasty, gremlin like creatures with wings, descending upon the temple, with intent to steal away any riches, and the phoenixes themselves. Some powerful rituals could be done with the essence of one of them, so they were a price they wanted, and in the process, they accidentally released Smokey.

He'd speak of how he assisted them in their fight as best he could, over the following two days, and when it were over, would pass out. When he came to again, he'd find they had voted to let him live, and even welcome him, long as he never shared the location to anyone else. By a small margin, however. One more vote to the other side, and he would still have been punished. They were rather old school like that.

He'd be there for another week before leaving, and had meant to go back there someday. It had just been busy recently.

Hopefully it would be a tale that intrigued Fuchsia, but it were hard to say, as he were sadly required to cut out some details. Hopefully she would understand his reasonings, though.

@EQ_Theta

"I do not know what they are."

"No need to worry about it either. As I understand it, you can show a preference towards meat, or against it, and things will then be semi-mixed beyond that, to ensure you get to try some of everything."

"Ding ding, the bat got it covered. And what're you saying about there being no fish in a pie? If there's not, what're this then?"

He had been listening in as they chattered a bit, and heard that about fish not fitting in pie. And as a pie maker, that just didn't sit right with hi. Not when he still had a half try up of perfectly good, delicious fish pie. Granted, he didn't eat it himself, but he had worked with a griffon to make sure it were good, and then kept up making it the same way since. Had to have something for their flying friends after all, right? And it really wasn't so bad working with, once you got used to the smell.

He'd make sure to add a slice of that into the mix, to prove his point, and worked on filling up after what else he noted their eyes were locked on. Rosa and Omen seemed to not care much for what were picked, so he'd go with these two strangers first and foremost.

He'd get a weird look on his face once the bits were exchanged for the package, due to Omen's delivery method, but it quickly turned to a grin. Especially once her tongue wrapped around the bag, and four cans of soda that had also been requested by Rosa, just in case they got thirsty.

"Hey, neat trick. Always nice seeing new performers."

Omen didn't know what to say about that, but Rosa moved them along before she really had a chance to ask questions, as they were now done, and there were others behind them, who wanted to buy some pie of their own. It weren't nice of them to stand here and hold the line, when there were other hungry mouths to feed, no?

Once they found an area where they could stand in relative peace and eat, they could open the bag, and look at what they had to work with. Seemed like they had a fair mix, with many of the kind that the siblings had glanced upon. Attentive vendor it seemed. And a tricky one too, as it seemed like he had *accidentally* added 11 slices. It appeared he wanted to ensure they tasted the fish pie, even if he had to put one extra on top of the trays containing the other slices. There'd also be some wooden spoons in there to use, as eating pie with your bare hooves could get messy.

"Seems like we have a fair bit to chose from. I think I will try a piece of blueberry pie. Been some time since I have been able to indulge in a properly made one of those."

Omen too made her choice, though she wasn't as interested in the pies right now, as in eating the container they were in. Literally. She actually took a part of the box, and started to eat it. On the plus side, they'd have little issue cleaning this, so that were something? And it wasn't like this would hurt her. Compared to actual fire, this were low brow, and to her, likely interesting in taste. What with the warmths, moisture and juices seeping into the box, it may well be tasty. Not edible by others of course, but in her case, potentially tasty.

The smell also seems to finally stir Shrimp, who started to yawn and look around, to try and figure out where the smell came from. He'd pick up on it soon enough, and come to see if he could try something himself, but he just had to wake up properly first.

"So, what might fascinate you two first? It seems he were very insistent on the fish pie, but those exotic pieces do look intriguing as well. Perhaps something else entirely?"

=================================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 1/20/2021 at 1:42 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“This food's restaurant is very nice, and they have desserts I didn't know really exist, especially the blueberry cheesecake ice cream” Unaware to them, a waitress, who happens to be cleaning nearby heard her, and was listening intently “If I were to rate this restaurant like it critic, I'll give it a 12 out of ten 10” managing to not gasp, the wateress went to front desk and told the staff about this. It seems they knew about Windy, as squeals can be heard. Tepe lifted an eyebrow at the strange occurrence.

"It's okay, Tepe. Windy's part of a troupe of really special, excellent flyers. They're a big thing in Equestria, and having their endorsement, can really help places. A good review by one can make all sorts go thee, to try for themselves, and see if they run into them. ad one though, can also really make things bad. They got a lot of influence, even if I bet they don't always want it to be like that. Right, Windy?"

She didn't say the name of the group itself right now, as she didn't want the word to spread around that much yet, but Tepe still should be told what were going on, and why she were guessing the staff were happy to hear the glowing review of the food.

Well that, or perhaps she had helped somepony who were stuck in the formerly possessed part of town, and they were happy for both the nice words, and because they recognized her as a savior. It were sometimes a little hard to say, and especially when she weren't wearing the uniform. Though her money were on the first option. It just seemed more right, in her mind.

"The words are true though. This is an excellent desert, and the main dish were really good too. I can't really take points away for it being hot, since that was really my own fault, for not asking more questions, or read the menu right. Definitely up there."

Her word wouldn't mean as much as Windy's but she did rather enjoy the food here. Definitely a place to visit another time in the future. Just with a tad less hot curry.

====================================================================================

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Califorum

"Interesting. I have known a few people who had places similar to this although I must ask, how did you get into this sort of thing? Its interesting." Cali said observantly in what had been seen here. Provided there was a sitting area she would sit down. 

There were a few benches here and there one could rest on, if need be. Not used a lot though, as the ponies here tended to be working until they slept.

"It's in the family. About 96.3% of of are inventors in some fashion, with a few outliers here and there. Got an aunt that's a gardener for example. Shoot! I have to remember to send her some mail, actually. I completely forgot she were still around too. Man, that's a relief.

Right. Anyway, most of us invents things, and have done so for at least six generations. probably longer, but the records went up inflames about then, and we're pretty sure we were somehow involved in causing that. And regarding what sort of inventors we are, it varied. I'm into robotics. Creations, cybernetics, AI, that sort. Blitz takes after grandpa, who were a massive explosives expert, and she have really taken after him. If he were still alive when she were born, I just know she would've been his favorite.

Mom was a rocket engineer. Never got her project to fly into space done, but she made great advancements in varied motors and fuel.

Dad was a violinist. To be fair, he wasn't part of the blood, but I figure it should go in for good measure. And he could play a good fiddle."

On 1/20/2021 at 1:42 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“Should we follow them?” Blue asked Luna, as they watch Cali and Molotov enter the room.

“I don't know, Blue. Did you hear what Molotov said? The building's not only filled with their... Experiments, but also traps for security purposes, we might hurt ourselves by even a slightest mistake” because of this doubt, the two opted to stay outside, not wanting to take the risks.

9 hours ago, Kujamih said:

As light was about to join Molotov and Cali. He noticed the 2 mares hesitating to enter  the building.

"Would you like to join us inside? It's much more safer in a group.... Also, I'm not sure if the portal will pop back out again and wreak havoc." Light said to the two mares.

"Come on now you three, it's not so bad in here. It ain't like there's scorched cake batter on the floor or anything. That was yesterday.

Carmen, you mind showing them it's safe?"

Another spiderbot would make a metallic sound, and skitter out to the mares. This one however, were not nearly as large as Felicia. In fact, her body were only about the size of a hoof, and had faux fur. She also didn't have an abdomen, so no web or the like, and her eyes were more old school lights, than the myriad of diodes that Felicia had. Seemed to be an earlier model. And one who'd look up at them, and whirr in metallic sounds, whilst wandering back and forth around the entrance, to show them it were safe.

She were perfectly okay, long as none of them were clowns. If any of them started looking like one, things would get... Different. Though for now, Carmen were just trying to help, in a lot less intimidating fashion than her bladed sister.

=================================================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

On 1/19/2021 at 8:34 PM, Midnight_Aurora said:

Cacora is currently avoiding others having recently discovered a past she seemed to have forgotten. She keeps to the background and well hidden from her point of view. But those with preceptive eyes can tell she is nervous. Any non descript ponies, who do engage her, are given the quick greeting into farewell. It seems to be her go to when wanting to avoid those not interested. But she is looking for something or somepony. She continues to move about in this manor for some time. (Is open to any who want to interact with her.)

Wherever she were, there seemed to be someone stalking her. Lurking in the shadows, following her steps. No word were given, yet every so often, she'd be able to see the outline of someone following her in the shadows. Unwilling to show themselves, as she made her way around wherever it is that she were. Perhaps she were just being paranoid, if she were to take note of this? Or perhaps she were being hunted? There were plenty of options as to what might be the case, though the fact remained that there were one here, who would not be played off with a simple goodbye, and wanted to get hold of her properly. They'd see soon enough who that might be. Perhaps by her confronting this creature? If not, she would in time be approached. For her own sake, she should hope it were in a pleasant way, and not in a more dangerous, potentially lethal way. There were better things to do on a day like today, than being the focus of something malicious.

==========================================================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

On 1/19/2021 at 8:34 PM, Midnight_Aurora said:

Silverwing is just doing him and avoiding contact with others. He is wandering the trails and roads heading towards Manehatten. Though for now he won't be heading towards any place in general. His place of rest is something of a makeshift campsite well off the roads down an unmarked trail. Once he left the Everfree, he decided that the place was too dangerous to call a home for him. It reminded him to much of the darker world he originally came from, a world he doesn't desire to ever return to. Plus, having not yet reclaimed what he seems to be missing, he still hasn't gotten his Horn/antenna to work as intended. Though the scrolls, in his bag, are a wealth of knowledge that those cultists he delt with earlier didn't really understand. It's surprising for him because he can actually understand the magical writing within. I feels almost like he knew the language that they were written in.

However, he is currently studying the scrolls that he claimed from those bad ponies. (Currently not available for direct interaction with others or current events.)

"Urgh, insufferable creatures. Why must they torment me so?"

A mare would wander out from some nearby bushes, and grumble to herself. Her head were held low as she wandered forth, a nd her eyes closed, as she tried to calm herself after a particularly annoying meeting, that she had with some other creatures recently. Which ones were hard to say, though perhaps the answer would illuminate one. Could well be timberwolves, though in this area, the odds were somewhat high of irate pheasants. One of the lesser knows, lesser talked about attractions of the surrounding area, though they didn't really have it in them to cause much damage. They were just sort of annoying.

sc0YEXf.png

Her ears were flaming, and flickering ever so slightly in the wind, whilst small sparks of purple magic ran through her mane. Several markings were seemingly inscribed upon her body, glowing slightly in a calm, methodical pattern, while behind her, a scaled tail wriggled ever so slightly from side to side, as she walked.

A strange sight to take in for most, and on top of that, rather overdressed too. It might be autumn, but only barely, and yet she were dressed as if it were deep winter. Maybe one who just didn't like the cold all that much? Though her ears were flaming, so... Logic seemed to perhaps not be the thing one should grasp at, as the first option.

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Midnight_Aurora

On 1/19/2021 at 2:34 PM, Midnight_Aurora said:

Cacora is currently avoiding others having recently discovered a past she seemed to have forgotten. She keeps to the background and well hidden from her point of view. But those with preceptive eyes can tell she is nervous. Any non descript ponies, who do engage her, are given the quick greeting into farewell. It seems to be her go to when wanting to avoid those not interested. But she is looking for something or somepony. She continues to move about in this manor for some time. (Is open to any who want to interact with her.)

Expand  

Wherever she were, there seemed to be someone stalking her. Lurking in the shadows, following her steps. No word were given, yet every so often, she'd be able to see the outline of someone following her in the shadows. Unwilling to show themselves, as she made her way around wherever it is that she were. Perhaps she were just being paranoid, if she were to take note of this? Or perhaps she were being hunted? There were plenty of options as to what might be the case, though the fact remained that there were one here, who would not be played off with a simple goodbye, and wanted to get hold of her properly. They'd see soon enough who that might be. Perhaps by her confronting this creature? If not, she would in time be approached. For her own sake, she should hope it were in a pleasant way, and not in a more dangerous, potentially lethal way. There were better things to do on a day like today, than being the focus of something malicious.

@Blitz Boom

Cacora took notice more so because of her now acute awareness of differences in her surroundings. Her perchance for emotions also not more known to her, sense she had always been Empathic towards others. She would chose to face this 'shadow' with a nature she has come to respect towards others. She believes that an open heart will yield much but a reckless one would yield disaster. She moves with purpose away from most others and off the beaten path within Ponyville. She even goes into the shadowed darkness between a pair buildings to blend into it a bit more, if the time of day isn't directly over head. But this was more out of caution as she can almost feel the presence following her and didn't desire to get innocent ponies involved.

31 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Midnight_Aurora

On 1/19/2021 at 2:34 PM, Midnight_Aurora said:

Silverwing is just doing him and avoiding contact with others. He is wandering the trails and roads heading towards Manehatten. Though for now he won't be heading towards any place in general. His place of rest is something of a makeshift campsite well off the roads down an unmarked trail. Once he left the Everfree, he decided that the place was too dangerous to call a home for him. It reminded him to much of the darker world he originally came from, a world he doesn't desire to ever return to. Plus, having not yet reclaimed what he seems to be missing, he still hasn't gotten his Horn/antenna to work as intended. Though the scrolls, in his bag, are a wealth of knowledge that those cultists he delt with earlier didn't really understand. It's surprising for him because he can actually understand the magical writing within. I feels almost like he knew the language that they were written in.

Expand  

"Urgh, insufferable creatures. Why must they torment me so?"

A mare would wander out from some nearby bushes, and grumble to herself. Her head were held low as she wandered forth, a nd her eyes closed, as she tried to calm herself after a particularly annoying meeting, that she had with some other creatures recently. Which ones were hard to say, though perhaps the answer would illuminate one. Could well be timberwolves, though in this area, the odds were somewhat high of irate pheasants. One of the lesser knows, lesser talked about attractions of the surrounding area, though they didn't really have it in them to cause much damage. They were just sort of annoying.

sc0YEXf.png

Her ears were flaming, and flickering ever so slightly in the wind, whilst small sparks of purple magic ran through her mane. Several markings were seemingly inscribed upon her body, glowing slightly in a calm, methodical pattern, while behind her, a scaled tail wriggled ever so slightly from side to side, as she walked.

A strange sight to take in for most, and on top of that, rather overdressed too. It might be autumn, but only barely, and yet she were dressed as if it were deep winter. Maybe one who just didn't like the cold all that much? Though her ears were flaming, so... Logic seemed to perhaps not be the thing one should grasp at, as the first option.

@Blitz Boom

Silverwing listens as she speaks but doesn't show he has taken notice yet. But despite that, his curiosity has been peaked. He observes her but gives her a respectful space. But after a bit he says, "Not all are the same, if one can preceive the differences. But even then all deserve a chance one way or another. Might I suggest not coming to close. Can't tell as to why but my energy is highly unstable and you seem to be closing a little bit into a danger zone."

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

On 1/19/2021 at 9:33 PM, abrony-mouse said:

Expand  

@abrony-mouse

On 1/19/2021 at 9:33 PM, abrony-mouse said:

"That sounds great! We share anything we find in there." she holds out her hoof to secure the agreement. 

Smokey would reach his own hoof out, and shake on it, as were custom. He were slightly tempted to be more galant and formal about it, and plant a kiss on her hoof, but this did not seem like the right time for that. There'd be a time and a place for such expanded pleasantries down the road., yet for now, it were but a business agreement they were making. For those things, a common hoofshake were the way to go.

"We are in agreement. May our adventure be exciting, and our endeavors bear fruit."

Fuchsia's hoof-shake is firm, belying her country-pony roots. She doffs her stetson at him after the deal is sealed. "To good fortune under open skies." she says, and touches her cute-mark superstitiously. The effect is spoiled a little by the the silly smiling faces that adorn her bright pink Fuchsia flank, which are more cute primary-school teacher than bad-flank explorer, but hey :P  

While eating the last of his bowl, Smokey would listen closely to every word that were told him, and were clearly not just letting the words pass through his head. He were genuinely intrigued and interested by this tale, and it showed, as he were glued like a foal to a fairytale.

It almost saddened him when the tale were over actually, as it were rather gripping, and sounded like a marvelous adventure, that you never wanted to end. Well okay, in the situation, he would have wanted it to end too, but the tale itself sounded marvelous. The sort you could easily have a grand tale about, written down in a book. Frankly, considering some of the drivel they let into the library sometimes, he'd much prefer something like this, which were worth talking about.

"Marvelous tale, Fuchsia. A truly grand adventure, with all the peril and mystery as you'd expect from one. And meat eating, potentially cannibalistic hunter equines? It have been ages since last I have even heard of some, and never have I heard a tale of these particular ones. To think you managed to get through these varied layers of peril that came from interacting with them, and then making your retreat, without being caught? Incredible. You should consider having it written down someday, and share it with more beings out there. It's more intriguing than most of what Daring Do tends to report on."

Fuchsia grins with pleasure at his compliment for her story, which she had preened over the years as she had told it to other travellers, adding details, missing out others - such as the interest the Prince Meddios had taken in her and the jealousy of Phaedra and the others. She had been a younger and more reckless filly in those years. "Oh pshaw, I didn't do anything near as much as Daring Do... I'm sure nopony would want to read about plain old Fuchsia Berry." she says half-modestly, but unable to keep the pleasure out of her voice at the compliment. 

He did not dislike that particular mare, but her tales were sometimes rather boring, or limited in scope. This tale were maybe shorter, but the length of a tale, would not dictate how good it were. If that were the case, the book containing every registered, higher sentience, legal citizen in Equestria, would be the most riveting tale of all.

"I know not if I can top that, but I do hope I can compare favoruably to it, at least."

Smokey would tell of a tale himself, which had not the same amount of peril unfortunately, but it were one that he always felt were close to his heart. The time he visited the Temple of Ghostly Embers. A massive compound, with a temple inside of it, which housed the elder phoenixes. A place which normally only their kind were aware of, when they finally managed to live for long enough years to build the higher sentience needed to be welcomed there.

He'd been welcomed as a tentative guest, after assisting a phoenix in his later years, before he flew off to that town. Getting there afterwards had been a travel filled with varied dangers, but he explained that he were now allowed to tell details of it, as it may tell where to find this place, and the elder phoenixes did not wish for visitor there. They had not even been keen on him showing up there, and had him imprisoned within a cage of magical flames for days on end, while they discussed what to do with him. The council of their eldest would likely have burnt him to a crisp, and thrown his ashes from the beak, to avoid them getting found, had they not faced an attack on their own then. Nasty, gremlin like creatures with wings, descending upon the temple, with intent to steal away any riches, and the phoenixes themselves. Some powerful rituals could be done with the essence of one of them, so they were a price they wanted, and in the process, they accidentally released Smokey.

He'd speak of how he assisted them in their fight as best he could, over the following two days, and when it were over, would pass out. When he came to again, he'd find they had voted to let him live, and even welcome him, long as he never shared the location to anyone else. By a small margin, however. One more vote to the other side, and he would still have been punished. They were rather old school like that.

He'd be there for another week before leaving, and had meant to go back there someday. It had just been busy recently.

Hopefully it would be a tale that intrigued Fuchsia, but it were hard to say, as he were sadly required to cut out some details. Hopefully she would understand his reasonings, though.

Fuchsia listens avidly and even takes a journal out and places a makeshift pencil in her mouth to make notes. The idea of the elder phoenixes caught her imagination - she had heard of phoenixes, unlike many ponies, but had no idea that they could become sentient. She sighs with a respectful mixture of envy and awe at the idea of Billowing striding into the unknown and into danger. She gives a little gasp of concern when she hears he was imprisoned in flame - she had a primal pony fear of fire herself. She sighs sadly when Billowing says he can't give details of the locale. Her eyes sparkle with excitement when he relates the fight and the phoenixes accepting him...

When it is apparent that he had come to an end Fuchsia gathers herself, "Quite the tale Mr Smoke!" she says, a new note of respect entering her voice. "I could almost smell the singed fur and hear the shrieks of the gremlins." she shudders. and trails off.. day-dreaming about the phoenixes and the gremlin battle.

She shakes herself out of the daydream. "Well, a new tale awaits! Um if you're feeling any better that is?" she says, getting the itch to move on. 

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia stayed close to Zeehva. It took her a little bit to realize that they were suddenly somewhere completely different. The shaking and crying mare seemed to calm down slightly with the pets. She looked up into Zeehva's crying eyes with tears of her own. She never felt what she is feeling now. A connection to someone else. They are sort of similar after all, yet they took differing paths in life but yet they find themselves in such an embrace as this. 

Magnolia enjoyed the strokes and in turn she rubbed Zeehva's legs slightly with her saturated white-hooves. Now that the magic she had stolen was now, returned to its owners Magnolia herself looked a little different. Her coat was less saturated, more white and slightly more vibrant before but she still looked the same. Magnolia were slowly recovering from the sudden draining of such magic. Her own magic began to replenish itself and fill the void. While not having as much strength as before or magical mana to draw from, she were still quite a talented and crafty mare. For better or worse.

Soon enough Magnolia had looked at the silver-shoed unicorn mare and the guard there, who was no doubt some sort of body guard. They could tell Magnolia's emotional state as she wiped her tears away as she got up. She stood next to Zeehva yet she still stayed close to her. Perhaps a little too close, as no doubt the guard and the other Unicorn mare would expect someone more intimidating or dangerous. Yet who was there was a crying Unicorn mare. One who seemed to be in her late 20's.

Magnolia's stance and posture betrayed her more grim looking appearance. Her mane, cutie mark and such would depict one more malevolent than the posture and expression would suggest. Magnolia didn't trust the other mare and whispered to Zeehva, "I-I don't like her already...she probably wants to torture or skin me alive f-for what I did...t-this is a ruse! P-please tell me that won't happen..." Magnolia whispered quickly into Zeehva's ear.

However Magnolia had met that other mare's eyes with a cold glare. Since it had only been minutes that she poured her heart out, her habits and thoughts still remained. Such a glare was one beyond soul-lessness, it was pure mistrust, hate, and assumption that the mare there was some shady or evil mare. She automatically assumed that she was going to torture Magnolia, or worse, even Zeehva too for aksing up against her. Despite the glare, she followed wherever Zeehva went, whenever they would stop she would hold her hoof like a filly to their mother. She kept an eye on the other guard there in fear of him trying anything with her.

She had still been capable of such a spell after all. It's not like she lost access to her special draining spell. She wouldn't...hesitate to use if she felt that herself or Zeehva were in real danger. 

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

Cali listened to Molotov speak about his ancestry before she smirked slightly. "If that really is the case then why is those....creations of yours less widespread and this world still looking like a far? In my world, such ground breaking inventions spread rapidly considering everybody wanted to capitalize off of their creation and wanted the next biggest, cool thing. One such thing is this." she reached into a red portal and opened it up and pulled out a small device. It was a sort of Iphone but with a different labeling on it, and handed it to Molotov.