Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Midnight_Aurora

On 1/24/2021 at 1:37 AM, Midnight_Aurora said:

**Cacora gives her a quizical look.** "Friend is possible, but not really sure as to how. I've been alone all my life. So I never learned. I always avoid others when I am not understanding." **Cacora says, while every so often sniffing the air. She then makes to head away from the alley in ponyville. She still seems to be looking for something but not as frantic as she was before.** "Want to join me? Looking for a scent of sorts. I have smelt it several times before, but I have never been able to locate it. To me, it smells sweet as honey."

"H-ooooney. Honey."

The odd mare seemed to taste the word as she tried it out, and trotted after Cacora. She had nothing better to do, so she'd follow this new friend, until she thought of something else to do.

"Smell... You hunt? Honey hunt?"

She'd start to sniff the air, but didn't know what honey were, so it were hard to single it out. If she could be shown it though, she may be able to help, as her sense of smell were rather good. Mostly she had experience with blood, but ponies were not food. She understood that much, and could end up helpful. If given a nudge that were. Otherwise, she'd just follow until she knew more.

=======================================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

"I had hoped this world had forgotten what a demon were, long ago. Yet, you are not the first to mention them. Though I wonder if you mean those of your Tartarus, or the truly wicked ones? Because I have seen what lingers in Tartarus, and I am not impressed. Hades' little lackeys does not possess the imaginative cruelty that I have known.

I am Vivid Loss, and I am still more pony than demon. That I have yet lost, throughout the millennia. And if you are as unstable as you claim, it is best if I follow you for a time. You can't permanently kill me, and if need be, I can trap you somewhere you can't do damage to this world. My masters wouldn't be pleased if I let destruction rain upon their home."

She'd eye the scroll, but it weren't one who'd summon demonic entities, so she let him keep his secrecy on this for now. It were rather easy to tell when it were really. Spells requiring blood had something special over them. At least when it came to things related to demons.

======================================================================

@abrony-mouse

On 1/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, abrony-mouse said:

"Thanks! Mind if I..." she takes the machete in her mouth and gives it a few experimental swings. As she thought, the heavy blade threw her slight frame off balance when she tried to wield it properly. She returns the machete to her hoof and hands it back to him. "Thanks but I'm not really a machete gal, but there ain't no bush stopped me slithering through." she gestures to her slight frame, coated with jungle mud and slime - very slithery :3 

"Not a tool for every hoof. A shame I did not bring the lighter one it seems. Alas, that is my error, and not yours. Hopefully it will not end up causing trouble."

He chuckled some as he heard her refer to herself as slippery, and were tempted to make a comment regarding an eel. Yet it seemed a little overly tasteless, so he kept that to himself. For now at least, though it would not last indefinitely, in case he actually did see her slip through some vegetation, and appear to be swallowed up by the jungle. It'd be tasteful though. He weren't overly crude, most of the time.

Stashing the extra machete away, Smokey would pretty much be ready to wander on, and return to the temple. This time with assistance, which could well be helpful. Not only in actually completing this task, but also distracting him from some other thoughts that had made him careless before. It were simpler to ignore those, when you had a colleague here, who depended on you backing them up.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, abrony-mouse said:

"How about you - want any camouflage?" she offers in turn, reaching into her saddlebag and taking out a box which, on opening, reveals a painter's palette of camouflage colours, from sandy browns of the desert to the vibrant greens of the jungle and everything inbetween. Everything a pink pony might need to blend in.

"I appreciate the offer, but if need be, I prefer to slink by in my own way."

He'd show what he meant with this, as magic started to roll from his horn, and engulfed him in in a thick layer of smoke. Once it dissipated, he weren't there anymore, but instead some way to the side, where he had moved as the cover were up.

"Rather handy, though in fairness, my colors are darker, so I tend to blend in more naturally in more shaded areas as is. For one of your vibrant color palate, your method are certainly understandable. Do please take all the time you need to prepare. We are in no rush."

=====================================================================

@Califorum

On 1/23/2021 at 8:30 PM, Califorum said:

"How do you know about me, yet I never told my name to anyone? You know something.....you know something about me that I don't want you to know."

"Let me start by assuring you, that I always know more than others would like me to. Information is a valuable thing, though I hardly use it against somepony else, unless I must. I much prefer keeping that to myself, and simply let the lingering idea of what I might be able to do with that information, hang in the air. You'd be surprised how far that can get you."

Scarcity send a knowing smile towards Magnolia, and took another sip of tea. A shame that they didn't seem willing to try these delights. She had wanted to make this a pleasant meeting. Well, if you looked past the kidnapping. It was a shame how few did that really. Where were some ponies manners?

"Not just a trinket. It's...an artifact." she seemed to grin pridefully before putting on more of a serious face. "I do not want to meet with anyone else. I just want to leave with...Zeehva here...I don't want to be involved in whatever torturous plan you are going to do to me. I know that is what you probably want."

"An artifact with a fascinating, historical significance too. Much to dangerous to simply have on display, due to the risk of it being stolen though, which puts it in the same category as the Elements of Disharmony. Though sadly, your artifact, were not protected as well as those tended to be.

But I can hear you don't wish to talk history, nor would care for me to tell you of what happened to some of the former users of this particular one. A shame really. The story of Igneous Cracklefume is a riveting, cautionary tale of the ages."

She'd put down her cup, and reach under the desk once more, to pull up a small, wooden chest. Rather old it seemed like, but beautifully carved. A well preserved antique, more than likely. If any of them tried anything, Brick would quickly be over to stop them, though otherwise, he did nothing else than observe them. He were a good guard like that. Not a big talker, but highly skilled at his duty, and didn't get distracted from it, nor wasted time on pleasantries.

"I'm with Magnolia on this. I know our deal, but I won't agree with it if it involves her being hurt. My husband-"

"-Wouldn't have agreed with it. I am aware, and you have my continued sympathy for his untimely end. Though that is a story for another time. For now, we should get to why I were asked to track you down, Magnolia.

Put simply, there are a group who focuses on doing two things out in the world. Finding dangerous artifacts, and then either hiding them, or utilizing them. Considering what you have in your possession, and how you thus far have not been devoured by darkness, it is my understanding that they wish to help you utilize this power, in a healthy, positive way. My involvement were included as they knew I could find some to bring you here unharmed, and before you crossed a threshold. Though I admit, that I did not foresee this bond you two would make. A rather delightful development, I would say.

So, put quite simple, we will soon have a representative of this group arriving here, and speaking with you. What happens from there on out, does not concern. nor involve, me. It will be up to you to figure out what happens from that point forth."

@Catpone Cerberus

On 1/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Have to remember to avoid Charir if I ever anger him during a lightning storm, that looks like it hurt."

"As someone who have been struck by lightning, I can confirm that it isn't a picnic, even if you're resilient. That he is not only immune, but also absorbs it, puts him in a pretty special spot, but those less fortunate can really get into serious trouble."

Her right wing twitched a little as she recalled the last time she had been struck by lightning, and weren't prepared for it. Death for many, though even for her, it wasn't pleasant. More than it were for the beasts they had fought though. Their screams had been very clear indicators of how much this stung them. That death roar must've been heard from long, long away.

He was both impressed and bit scared by what Leviathan was capable of, but it only the former was visible when he looked at her, as he believed that she had no intentions to harm him. 

Charir too took a bite of what he had just killed, mostly to know what it tasted like, and dug out one of its vertebrae, only to clean it up, carve it a bit with his claws, and but it on his free horn like a piece of jewelry.

Leviathan were both visible, and looked back at Charir with a smile on her face. One which just grew as she saw him take a trophy from his kill. It were simply just too adorable not to get a smile on her face. For a dragon, at least. For an quine this would have been horrifying, but for those of the draconic species that liked meat, this were sort of like seeing your kid playing in the sand, and picking up a sea shell that they figured were really pretty. At least in the circles she ran, it were like that. Might be different for the others, though that didn't mean it wasn't adorable in her eyes.

As it seemed to be the norm for them right now, she'd also partake in their little dinner break, and feast merely on the tiger parts. Snake wasn't really her preferred food. Though she would start digging between bites, and bury the three heads of those she had just killed. Not deeply, but still enough to cover them fully in dirt, as she began to munch further on the tiger parts. There was just something about feline meat that were intriguing to her, though moving down from the neck, and eat into the mixed meat, weren't bad either. And she had a certain preference for chest meat, so that were where she'd go and dig in.

"You overestimate the ponies, it would take only one like this one..." she was talking about the one she killed "...to take down a big group of pony guards, they and their weapons are not good against something that doesn't fear death." "How could a creature that's out of the fight with single broken bone go against something that still fights after having its throat cut open?" having literally been a pony, she knew just how weak their bodies was and how bad their anatomy was for fighting.

"I didn't mean physically. They'd be crushed like twigs if they got up close with the one you were. But they do have magic that should be able to fend these sorts of things off easier, or outright kill them. A well places arrow could do it too, which is why I'm thinking there's bigger and badder ones in here, somewhere.

Of course, most ponies are also weird about killing others, so they might just be too cowardly and unwilling to to what must be done. Whatever the case, at least it leaves a bit of fun for the rest of us."

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I agree fully with that. Knowing life is precious and limited, would make most enjoy it more, whereas immortality sounds like a burden. To try everything, over, and over, and over again, yet being denied that final experience, sounds like a punishment to me, rather than a boon.

My kind are not immortal, yet we decide when it is our turn to return to the cycle, barring anything happening to us. It offers the choice of longevity, though also with the choice that some, as that specter, have been denied. I could not understand what that must be like."

She meant Scarecrow too, in this matter, but wished not to say it, in case there were some who listened in. The animals for example, whom she had experienced were seemingly in cohorts with Fluttershy. If she got word of this, it may spread further, even if she believed the yellow mare would not do such a thing. She had a warm, kind heart, which did not seem to seek harm, or trouble, for others.

"A somber topic to speak off, though perhaps it is something one should not dwell on for too long. Come, let us walk, and experience this orchard in all its glory, before our travels leads us elsewhere."

She'd stop once in a while to tend to a tree, but otherwise, Lyriel would stay in motion, as they saw more of the orchard itself, and eventually headed towards the barn. A trip which Scarecrow were more than able to stop, were he to audibly voice his dislike for their approach. It would be a small, simple gathering though, so it might be a good way to see others. In fact, it seemed as if there were only two up there. A large, red stallion, and the odd one they had met before, who seemed to be pointing at something in the box she had brought along.

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have plenty of ways of getting through civilians without harming anyone, so I would simply leave, report to Celestia, and then it would be you in trouble with the elements." the guard said in calm and almost bored sounding voice "I am aware that you are a queen, and thus technically speaking outrank me, but this is not your domain, and here you follow the laws of ponies, so please, let me do my job, and that way you get rid of me faster."

"Leave me to prepare the town for your arrival. How wise of you."

The sarcasm nearly dripped from her voice, as she responded the the major flaw in this golems plan. She knew golems were not usually the wisest creations, as they were build for simplistic tasks more often than not, but even then, this seemed short sighted. Who had crafted his intellect again? Whoever it were, needed to work on their skills more, though at least this one could talk. She supposed she'd give the creator that.

"Your plan is flawed, but I did not come here to cause trouble without reason. Lest you give me one, you can do your errand without issue."

Onache still needed to grasp the concept of being open and nice, but at least she were not openly causing issues without a need to. That were a start, though she still did not like this one, nor cared much for his presence, considering the effect he had on the kobolds. It wouldn't help any, to have them in a perpetually terrifed state.

"As stated, this is a different world, I will not go in too much detail right now, as the emotional load isn't necessarily good for you in your current situation, but just know that most things you know don't exist here, so think it as another place that just happens to also be called Equestria." "What do you want?" "For now I just want to ask few question regarding your arrival here, it shouldn't take long if your changeling friend here doesn't intervene much." 

As the talk went on though, she became curious. It sounded as if this one had knowledge of another Equestria. One which the two kobolds had knowledge off too? The home they had escaped from seemingly, which may put this golem as coming from the same alternative reality? Peculiar. And made her wonder how many of these gateways between there were, and if they were open and stable. It would cause quite the trouble if there were suddenly an open line for an invading force of evil doublegangers more or less, to waltz in and cause an uprising.

Even if it wasn't stable, who else might end up expelled here? What would not happen, were a more competent Nightmare Moon who knew how to wield her power, to stumble on this reality? A troubling thought, and not just for ponies. As could be seen witht he kobolds, any race were open for subjugation, which likely also included changelings.

"My focus is not on intervening. More on the fact that it sounds as if you know of the place they come from, so you might well come from there too. I am pondering the implications of this link, not on your questions."

She'd move between the beds of the kobolds, to stand ready, in case it were needed. Protecting others such as this really were drone work, but urgh. Sometimes a queen had to dirty her hooves a little, if it advanced the agenda.

=================================================================================

@Sekel

On 1/24/2021 at 6:05 AM, Sekel said:

"Once Mind Reaper has gone away, let's just go through the city."

"Agreed. I want to see how far their ambassadors words carry, when it comes to us actually wandering this town. It may also give you the space needed to get away from these thoughts, until you're more prepared for them."

Enzo were supportive of Atzy, and could understand her not wanting to jump into making a hive full of changelings already. She should be allowed to see the world for a time first, before making such an important decision, and finding space or a hive would likely take time too. Someplace with a lot of gems, and little to no competition from dragons, he'd imagine.

"Know that while I don't understand the pressure that might come from your kin, I can understand your personal dislike of the idea of making a hive already. I cannot say I would be pleased either, were I to be suddenly told that it were time to have a kindle of kittens, out of seemingly nowhere."

Not that he were against the idea, but he could understand Atzy not wanting that to be a priority, considering she only just got her freedom. As one in the same boat, he could relate to, and understand that. Though when time came, she'd likely have a simpler time finding a mate than he were. His kind would not look fondly upon his decision to work with these ponies, rather than subjugating them.

Though he supposed, he would have millennia to work with, whereas she did not. Time were technically on his side, though this seemed pointless to dwell on more. At least currently.

"Harsh punishment for a Queen," Karmic commented, sitting down in front of Mind Reaper and flicked her tail so it wrapped around her hooves. She took a breath and then let it out slowly, relaxing in what she hoped was safe place in their patch of the gardens. "Do you think ... that Queen Onache could teach Atzy a few things?"

"Chrysalis single hoofedly caused more damage to our reputation, and our minds, than any other being in Equestria. Several times. I don't miss her, and I don't know anyone who does. She deserves all the bad stuff that happens to her.

And if you did run into Onache, iI reeeeeeally hope that she doesn't teach Atzy anything. Kinda hoping you run off, and sell her out to some sort of guard, actually. I know it might sounds kinda harsh, but well... You know how some regents have titles, right? Like Celestia, and being called Princess of the Sun and stuff, right? Well, changeling queens got titles like that too, sometimes. It depends on if they make themselves remarkable in some way, and well... Onache's title were *The Slaver Queen*. And with good reason. I don't think it'd help on Atzy's reputation if she started doing those sorts of things.

Anyway, you got more questions? Otherwise, I should probably get going before the others starts wondering where I went off to. Though it's been nice meeting you all. Hoping we run into one another again someday."

If there weren't anything, she'd wave, and then buzz away.

@Sekel

"What I have to do is done here, I think it's best we leave Madame Macabre to her duties,"

"You should. There is much for me to do here."

With the first being to raise her scythe, and with a few slashes, cutting off what remained of the mane and tail, before using her magic to spin it, and put it next to the bed. No need to let it go to waste now.

As for Last, she'd move back over to the princess, while the manetid would silently turn around, and prepare to wander down. Tough judging by the clicking, hissing sound she made, there seemed to be an issue. That issue - if they turned around - would be the thing that Last's mother had become, standing at the top of the stairs. She had seemingly just gotten up there, and glanced at them in silence. Until Last staggered forward at least, at which point, the... Mare? Hard to say anymore. Regardless, she rose a hoof and stopped Last from moving forward.

"The forest... Coming. Leave... Don't become us."

She seemed somewhat more coherent than before. Something about the violent treatment that Cherish put her through before, must've done something positive, though she still seemed as if she were struggling with her mind.

"Not without you, I won't. You're either coming with us alive, or..."

She couldn't finish the sentence, but reached for her blade with a shaking hoof before Macabre interrupted these babbling foals.

"Enough! If the forest is sending its horrors, you all need to leave. I will handle things here. Including seeing what can be done for her."

The skull on her back flashed briefly, and Last's mother collapsed to the floor, seemingly unconscious, and draped in spectral chains.

"I sense it will not be the last time we meet."

The message seemed to be for them all, as she glanced at them all, one by one, before Last's mother were dragged towards the elderly mare. She hated this, but there were not much she could do now, but to protect the princess, and then track down this mare later, to find out what she had done.

This may be a good place for the princess to teleport them away, before they had to deal with varied, troublesome creatures. Though if the manetid came along, depended on things. Might be how close she were to the group now, were affecting the magic some. Time would tell.

@Sekel

"Extinct? You're pulling our legs here, right? Discord's knocking about nearby, heard of some weird bunny-like one that throw pancakes at folks too. Lily Pad have her monastery somewhere down south, and then there's this one too. And that's just the ones I know of in Equestria. Pretty sure their kind are doing fine."

"It is also up for debate whatever or not it is even possible to kill their kind, or merely imprisoning them is the best one can achieve. A peculiar race, and a rather frustrating one too. I'd suggest we attempt to get out of this forest with some degree of haste, lest we become part of her bored antics."

"Seconded. Let's get through, and hope we're not attacked by some sort of giant mu-"

some leaves would rise up via Lulu's magic, and shove themselves into Happy's muzzle, before he could say more.

"Don't give her ideas. Now come on. Let us be on our way."

With that, Lulu would take charge, and wander forward. Going in a straight line were likely their best opportunity for now. And regarding the small spiders from before... Nothing seemed to happen. It appeared to have just been a visual gag, thus far.

=========================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 1/23/2021 at 10:04 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"You needn't worry about the Solar Guard mucking up the magical components of the incident.  If there are any to be found, we have a magic radar that can pick up traces years old,"

"I'm more concerned about them potentially causing trouble, by activating one of the security systems. I suppose if Molotov have assisted them, they might have been able to shut that down, but even then, there's dangers there. The biohazard labs are not something to be trifled with, and several things in the micro-biology, and alchemy labs could spell disaster for anypony attempting something.

...It might be best if you had a guide, when eventually you got called on. Believe me when I say that some of the things you could encounter there, wouldn't be worth any kind of hazard pay."

Didn't have to be magical to be dangerous. An improperly handled strain of bacteria, or mishandling one of the guard robots, could cause severe issues for any interloper, that weren't certain about how things should work there. Sure there were hazard signs around, but she had her doubts that it would be enough in the long run. Especially if they wished to find clues anywhere, and some magical trail might lead into an area containing one of their greater hazards.

"But all in due time, yes? Regardless of the time it will take, I feel certain that you will be called eventually, and hope that there are things you can find. Considering the ties that place have to the kingdom, any sort of breakthrough in the case would likely be a substantial feather in your hat, Captain. Especially if you somehow manage to find the abducted ones alive. Though I'd take anything at this point. It is unnerving to not know what happened to them."

"No, a local pony that has her hoof on the pulse of Equestria.  Somepony I'm sure doesn't appreciate a harsh title like Underground Queen," Tussle gave Flare Blitz a glance.  The stallion slowly looking over his shoulder, hoping to not find the icy glare of Dawn staring back at him for any insult she may have heard.  "If there is information or secrets to be had, she knows about them," she casually added.  Dawn's position in society was just a fact of city life, both the good and the bad.

"Sounds like a fixer then. Troublesome individuals to deal with, but if you trust her, I will leave this up to your discretion. Celestia knows Center Zero at times employed one, for better or for worse. Though I couldn't say which one. Far above my pay grade and stand within the town, to deal with such things.

In any case, I will not ask for details regarding your dealings, nor an actual name. I can only assume that having a good relationship with one such as that, requires a certain degree of both discretion, and trust, and it isn't my place to attempt to push my luck on this matter. I only wish to state that I hope she can inform you of something, which will in time lead to a resolution."

@Rising Dusk

"A purse dear is a fashion accessory to carry things in," Cork chuckled.  Putting her mug down to pick up her saddle bag.  Slimmer and designed more for fashion than function, it was patterned with jems and flowers to match her dress.  Rising only had one saddle bag, but ponies like Cork, Minty and Dawn had one for every occasion and desk.  "Usually they contain valuables like our money and some thieves called purse snatchers, like to steal them for the Bits inside," she added.

Grave looked on in fascination as the purse were presented. It made a lot more sense why you'd go after folks who stole this, than some sort of odd pet, since this seemed easier to steal. And simpler to get stuff from too. Just empty it out into a pouch, then toss it, and be on your way Unless they took something engraved, there would hardly be a way too prove that anything were stolen.

"Oooh, pretty. We don't got anything like that in harrowmark. We carry our valuables in stachels, or pouches. We don't got a lot of thieves though. With how little there's been around to work with for centuries now, it's usually easier to make connections, and trade work or items for food, if you're not able to scrounge up any crowns for some reason. It's not perfect, but we tended to manage.

Bits are your currency, right? They asked about that in the dress store, before I just got them some pure gold. We got coins made of that too, though they're called crowns. Little shiny coins. I should remember this. Thank you for the show and tell, Cork."

Grave smiled at the mare. Such a nice one she were. Showing her all this important stuff, even if the purse seemed a little unsafe. She'd think a chain somewhere to keep it with you would help, but this wasn't her country, so what did she know? Chains might be really weird here. Which really, she supposed she should've known, since she hadn't seen any in all the time she had been here. Which granted weren't long, but still. She had seen lots of ponies, so it should still count.

"No.  You were not asked to return," Rising confirmed.  Igniting his horn to collect their tea cups and take them into his kitchen.  "But if you wish to stay, I recommend going to the Court House and registering," he informed her from from across the room.

"Yey! Okay, I'll go and do that... What's a courthouse though? Is it like a mayor's office? So I gotta look for the biggest house, that isn't a castle?"

Grave could almost dance. She weren't being told she couldn't stay in town, she weren't asked to come back either, And she were told where to go to legally remain here? This stallion really were a hero. On a much, much smaller scale right now, but still, her personal hero for sure.

He did seem kind of stressed out after the pep talk though... Maybe it were just a little much on his shoulders right now? Guess if he were used to others stealing currency, and going on to save a country, it might be a little overwhelming... Maybe she should try and show him some kindness, in the way she had seen other locals do it here in town?

She'd follow him inot the kitchen, and if not stopped, would wander over, and bring him into a big ol' bear hug. One with some muscle behind it, though also a small bit of uncertainty, as this were still kind of weird. She'd just have to get used to it though. One hug at a time.

"And don't be sad, Rising. You're a real nice pony, and I'm sure everyone is gonna be nice to you, instead of stressing you out with all sorts of crazy stuff."

She pretty much jinxed him as she said that, and yet... Nothing seemed to happen. Maybe his life had gotten crazy enough, that even fate were willing to throw him a bone for a bit now, rather than make it worse? It'd be nice at least. Weren't good for him with all that stress.

===========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 1/24/2021 at 1:44 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“That looks delicious! All this is, and how anyone who discovered how to make these things probably wouldn’t know how popular it could get. A nice firm exterior with a juicy filling, then a crunchy outer crust… it really ties everything together. I wouldn’t know how the folks back home would think about this, but if they had a chance to try it it, they might want to figure out how to make these themselves.”

"It's fairly simple to find cooking books, that specializes on these kinds of meals, actually. I'm certain that there is some version of them, that deals with how to bake in the environment that you have, which I am assuming does not include ovens. Or if so, not ones that are very high end. Though I apologize if I am mistaken in that assumption.

However, the point still remains, that it should be possible for the longma to bake these as well. The question really, is what tastes would be there, as it would likely be simpler to make use of local flavors, rather than go far and wide to try and gather others that are in the book. Perhaps to entice them to these outside flavors though, you could attempt to bring a pie to a meeting, if the elders summoned you? I am not sure how your traditions are on the matter of bringing food to gatherings though. It wouldn't be good, if it is seen upon as an insult."

Trying to deal with norms and avoid socially incorrect moments, could really be a drag sometimes. Often what he'd consider the worst part of infiltration work, were this need to blend completely in, and indulge in these norms. Primarily, as some of them were really weird, and in his opinion, edging towards being plain idiotic. This had much to do with his own standpoint of course, which made him somewhat biased, though a few things really got to him, as they were very out there and off the chart, compared to the norm. Bringing food to a gathering being one of them, as the majority of places considered that a courtesy. Especially when there were long meetings, as surely they could use a snack to get them through the tedious process. He for one, tended to have something with him at least. Usually a chocolate bar, if nothing else.

“Mmmm… This pie… You should try this, Rosa! If blissful feelings could be experienced through food, this has to be it. It’s so good, but I’m not sure I could tell you what’s in it. The stallion mentioned a combination of fruits, but I don’t know them. Maybe you might know? Only thing I’m sure about is that this could get me to swear off eating anything with meat.”

Rosa would give it a shot, and take the third of the three exotic slices they had gotten, and took a forkful into his muzzle, where he'd chew slowly, to try and taste what he couldn't see.

"...Raspberries, blackberries, orange. Those I am fairly sure of. The other two... I feel decently confident in one being rhubarb, though the last is more subtle, and the pie isn't reflecting it fully visually. Maybe pear? It does remind me of it at times. Definitely not any apple in here though, which does surprise me. Equestria is a very apple-centric country, as, I am sure you have noticed by now."

Seriously, some places, trying to sell pears, would get you an angry Apple family member miffing about you. For some reason, this opposing fruit were just the point where they'd throw down the gauntlet. He never understood why, but this were likely one of those things were logic wasn't so much a factor. Not proper logic, anyway, as all that'd make sense, were just that they saw pears as staunch competition. Which were laughable, as apples were far more widespread and popular. And not only inside Equestria.

“Oh, uh… yes, the fish. Mostly salty, but it’s also little sweet and firm. Whatever the stallion put in pie also makes it rather creamy, though I suppose that’s where the sweet taste comes from. I suppose meat doesn’t work well with pony diets, but I’m not sure why. The longma can eat meat, and I guess we don’t have any side effects from eating it, so you could say it is better for us. Plants and fruits are still more abundant in the forest, which explains why the longma eat more of those.”

“Speaking of fruits, looks like Shrimp is waking up. How about we give him a little something?”

Lin picked up some little pineapple bits from one of the slices of pie and offered some to the little refraction. After spending a lot of time asleep, he would likely be hungry. Good news is, most of the pies they got have fruits, which didn’t deviate from what he’s been eating over the last few days, gems notwithstanding. 

Omen nodded along as she heard what the varied things tasted like. It reminded her of the taste she got through the cardboard, via the sogginess. Especially the salt. She knew what that taste were to some degree, after she had been found by some locals in a salt mine. She had gotten a few miners out after a cave-in, when she curiously followed some voices, and in turn, they had pretty much left her alone, when she started to lick one of the large salt crystals down the collapsed tunnel. They figured she'd get bored or in danger after a half hour or so, but she stayed there, non stop, for 27 days, until the salt stone were done. After that, she'd calmly walk out of there like it were nothing, though she did feel oddly dry for some reason. Hadn't seemed all that interesting, so she hadn't been back since then.

As for Shrimp, his nose would register things before his eyes fully did, and pick up the smell of pineapple being reached towards him. He weren't exactly sure what it were, but it smelled like food, and it were being reached towards him. Clearly this meant that it was for him then, and he'd flail his little arms in the direction of the pineapple, until he could get hold of it.

It were oddly warm to him, which took him a little by surprise. However, he'd still start to nibble at it, and eventually pick up in speed, to more normally, chew through it like a voracious miniature dragon.

He did stop up briefly as he encountered the piece of pie batter stuck to it though, and would sniff it for a time. Then slowly lick and nibble it, to try and get a feel for it, before eating on again. It weren't fruit, but it didn't seem to bother him, so they could try giving him a small cube of actual pie if they wanted to.

A nearby griffon kid seemed to take notice of the scene too, and would pull in what were likely her fathers arm, though he didn't turn to look, but just staggered onwards, in a semi-erratic pattern. Not even as she pointed in their direction. In fact, he seemed to be in a hurry, and clinging to her wrist. Actually... She seemed a little scared, now that Rosa had a better look. And weren't so much pointing, as she were holding out a talon...

"If you will excuse me for a moment."

Rosa would walk into the crowd, and seemingly blend in well there. About forty seconds later, a scream were heard, and two things would become notable. One being that the little one were flying in the exact opposite direction of where she had just been. The other, that the crowd would disperse, and Rosa calmly wandered back towards them. Behind him on the ground, they'd be able to see the griffon laying on the ground, seemingly having been knocked out, with Tomb showing up and putting a chain around him, before dragging him off. Her facial expression were one of annoyance, whilst his showed mostly indifference, though with a minor amount of joy, judging from the smirk on his face. He should probably shake the down off of his hoof though.

"My apologies. Seen enough of these custody fights with a drunken, impulsive parent to know the signals, and I weren't willing to wait and see when he'd get taken down by another.

Now then, we were talking about pie flavor, yes?"

============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

"It is kind of like sports teams, Tepe. Even if it isn't something that for everypony seems massively important, it still gathers a fan base, and some things just happens because of your association with the team. Especially if you are part of said team. And the bigger it is, the harder it gets to just try and wander around all by your lonesome, without getting attention. It's kind of flattering I think, but I can see how it'd be sort of a problem too."

Frankly, she didn't envy them, or any other with a widespread, positive reputation. Seemed like a massive hassle to go through all of that attention, day in and day out, and finding it troublesome to really get any time away from all of that. Hopefully there were enough positives to outweighs the negatives, for Windy, who were in a position of being part of probably the most popular team of ponies in Equestria. Maybe second place, due to how much the element wearers had done, but even then, she didn't think it were as big as this. Some folks really got into this whole thing.

"And I don't really think they hear everything, but we should probably still finish up and leave soon, before you start having fans circulating the table. I dunno if that sort actually happens, but I kinda wouldn't be surprised."

==============================================================================

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Califorum

"I did something once with a sentient robot I met in another reality once. I turned into a battery for him and he basically went nuts. I wonder if that would be the case here with your machines." Cali bore a sly and slick expression.

"This might sound weird, coming from an inventor, but it sounds like your world is controlled way too much by machines. No wonder folks would be nervous about an AI rising up and take over. If all your communication, entertainment, and currency are all in them, they'd wreck the world as you know it, if they decided that you weren't worth it.

And I dunno what's going through your head right now, with all that battery talk, but it better not be including my girls. They're precious to me, and I ain't gonna let anypony waltz in and ruin them. SO keep that thought down, or I'm gonna find some way to trap you in a biohazard tank, and gift you to a disease researcher."

He were somewhat jovial about this, but truly, if she hurt his girls, she'd feel a world of pain. They hadn't done a thing to deserve that, and considering their AI's, they were quite literally unique. He could rebuild them all he wanted, but a fresh AI would mean they'd be entirely new creatures. That sorta loss would crush him. Especially Carmen, who were the first, and most precious of them both to him, even if he loved them both dearly.

Molotov would've said more about stuff, but then Light got in over things, and then him and Cali started to bicker. He sorta just let them go at it, and would wander over to the two mares instead, while they yappered on. Seemed as good a time as any to show them around. Especially since Blitz had apparently gone over to her workbench, to tinker with one of her small projects again.

"Well, while they bicker on like an old married couple, how about I show you two a couple of fun projects, eh? Carmen, mind turning off the projector?"

The spider would skitter over and deal with this, as he would attempt to lead the ladies over towards the cage with his projects in. He'd unlock a door, and pull out the large egg.

After putting it on the table, he'd twirl a key in the back of it four times, then stand back. Slowly, it would unfold, into a model of the Canterlot castle, complete with small, cheering metallic citizens, and high on top, the princess Celestia, radiating, as she rose a light-filled bauble up towards the heavens, where it would start to shine down on the whole thing, until it eventually closed. It were somewhat simplistic in nature he supposed, even if the models were carefully crafted and polished, but the small details that made it almost llife-like, and the realistic sounds, still made this something he were frankly rather proud of.

"Hoping that when I one day make an invention I think Princess Celestia would like, or at some sort of really important gathering, I can present this to her as a gift. She means a lot to my family, so I figured I'd try to make something that didn't need to be held back, or go through a review process for her. Just a nifty little show piece.

If you turn it eight times, it actually shows Princess Luna raising the moon instead. Seemed rude to not include her too, y'know?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia had listened to what Scarcity had said there. She was intrigued but also quite concerned for her and Zeehva's wellbeing here. She proceeded to listen until Scarcity had finished talking and looked at the box. "I wonder whats in the box there..." Magnolia sighed before seeming to compose herself. "I don't want anything to do with anyone else. I want to leave. I don't know you, I don't trust you." Magnolia had shot a glare into Scarcity's eyes, one that was more intense then before.

However Magnolia had realized that if she were to do anything here she would more than likely be outgunned and defeated near instantly thanks to that guard that was near to them. "You probably have sent ponies away to be tortured. I don't want anything to do with you. Leave me alone." she said to Scarcity before turning to Zeehva. Zeehva could tell that she really didn't want anything to do with this place or environment. Nor did she seem interested in 'utilizing' magic. She was fine with doing that on her own and seemed quite on edge as if she were cornered. She felt quite uncomfortable in all honesty, being so vulnerable here.

However Scarcity did say something about the history of the amulet that Magnolia had. "W-well I uh, would like to know what you were going to say about this thing though..." she said seeming more nervous if anything. Something about Scarcity was something she really hated, yet the look in her eyes was also...lovely? It was hard to decide how to feel here. Magnolia were quite conflicted after all at this moment. Scarcity's reasoning was interesting, as it were also horrifying at the same time. Yet she didn't know what to say to that at the same time. It had been long since she had even held a conversation with others. And that much were obvious.

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

Cali looked to Light in annoyance and then to Molotov with more of an offended look. She crossed her arms further. "You know what, I'm done. Leave me alone." she said to Light in a dismissive tone. She hadn't come here to bicker with anyone. Then she looked to Molotov. "I have no intentions of getting involved with...whatever you are doing here. I might leave if this...Light here keeps his bickering up with me." she scowled. 

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@abrony-mouse

On 1/24/2021 at 12:02 AM, abrony-mouse said:

"Thanks! Mind if I..." she takes the machete in her mouth and gives it a few experimental swings. As she thought, the heavy blade threw her slight frame off balance when she tried to wield it properly. She returns the machete to her hoof and hands it back to him. "Thanks but I'm not really a machete gal, but there ain't no bush stopped me slithering through." she gestures to her slight frame, coated with jungle mud and slime - very slithery :3 

"Not a tool for every hoof. A shame I did not bring the lighter one it seems. Alas, that is my error, and not yours. Hopefully it will not end up causing trouble."

He chuckled some as he heard her refer to herself as slippery, and were tempted to make a comment regarding an eel. Yet it seemed a little overly tasteless, so he kept that to himself. For now at least, though it would not last indefinitely, in case he actually did see her slip through some vegetation, and appear to be swallowed up by the jungle. It'd be tasteful though. He weren't overly crude, most of the time.Stashing the extra machete away, Smokey would pretty much be ready to wander on, and return to the temple. This time with assistance, which could well be helpful. Not only in actually completing this task, but also distracting him from some other thoughts that had made him careless before. It were simpler to ignore those, when you had a colleague here, who depended on you backing them up.

Fuchsia gives a lil grimace of excitement and fear at the thought of trouble but turns it into a slightly constipated grin (see my av :P ). "Hope not. I have my own tools if things get too hairy." Fuchsia says, but doesn't reveal her poisoned blade yet. Just in case. She was still a wary pony after all. "So do you travel alone mostly... I hope that machete didn't belong to a previous companion?" she offers, trying for mirth rather than genuinely thinking it was the blade of a fallen comrade... but not being too jokey just in case.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:02 AM, abrony-mouse said:

"How about you - want any camouflage?" she offers in turn, reaching into her saddlebag and taking out a box which, on opening, reveals a painter's palette of camouflage colours, from sandy browns of the desert to the vibrant greens of the jungle and everything inbetween. Everything a pink pony might need to blend in.

"I appreciate the offer, but if need be, I prefer to slink by in my own way."

He'd show what he meant with this, as magic started to roll from his horn, and engulfed him in in a thick layer of smoke. Once it dissipated, he weren't there anymore, but instead some way to the side, where he had moved as the cover were up.

"Rather handy, though in fairness, my colors are darker, so I tend to blend in more naturally in more shaded areas as is. For one of your vibrant color palate, your method are certainly understandable. Do please take all the time you need to prepare. We are in no rush."

Fuchsia is impressed by the magic, although she is a lil jealous of his unicorn power. She would try to follow him through the smoke, and her keen ear might pick up a few hoof-steps if he was at all heavy-hoofed, but her eye would be completely fooled. "Thanks." she takes out a grubby mirror and inspects her face and body, dabbing occasionally at lighter patches, going for jungle greens, something she will adjust if the temple calls for it. She gets an idea,  Say, maybe you can help me test it? You turn round, I'll hide and then creep up on you - and you see if you can spot me? What do you say?" she asks, half playful half wanting to prove herself and find out a bit more about her new companion.  

Light kinda see this one coming..what did he expect.

"....welp that's depressing... I make a heroic speech and i lose one audience and the other one just filtered it out... At least i managed to entertain you right Blitz?" 

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"H-ooooney. Honey."

The odd mare seemed to taste the word as she tried it out, and trotted after Cacora. She had nothing better to do, so she'd follow this new friend, until she thought of something else to do.

"Smell... You hunt? Honey hunt?"

She'd start to sniff the air, but didn't know what honey were, so it were hard to single it out. If she could be shown it though, she may be able to help, as her sense of smell were rather good. Mostly she had experience with blood, but ponies were not food. She understood that much, and could end up helpful. If given a nudge that were. Otherwise, she'd just follow until she knew more.

@Blitz Boom

**Cacora recognizes that she isn't as normal as one would believe. Cacora continues and says,** "It's not really a honey hunt per say. The scent isn't like the others around us. It's different. Almost like I belong with what's generating the scent. I want to know why and how. This different kind of scent may hold the answers. Imagine every scent one can smell and it doesn't belong among them. I might have a similar scent."

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I had hoped this world had forgotten what a demon were, long ago. Yet, you are not the first to mention them. Though I wonder if you mean those of your Tartarus, or the truly wicked ones? Because I have seen what lingers in Tartarus, and I am not impressed. Hades' little lackeys does not possess the imaginative cruelty that I have known.

I am Vivid Loss, and I am still more pony than demon. That I have yet lost, throughout the millennia. And if you are as unstable as you claim, it is best if I follow you for a time. You can't permanently kill me, and if need be, I can trap you somewhere you can't do damage to this world. My masters wouldn't be pleased if I let destruction rain upon their home."

She'd eye the scroll, but it weren't one who'd summon demonic entities, so she let him keep his secrecy on this for now. It were rather easy to tell when it were really. Spells requiring blood had something special over them. At least when it came to things related to demons

@Blitz Boom

"I doubt this world knows of demons, other than that which little Cerberus keeps away. Also, I don't desire to corrupt or destruction upon this world. As I am not from this world. As I said, I was summoned. But they didn't properly do the ritual from what I am reading. They wanted a form of a controllable chaos being and got me instead. While I hadn't killed them, I did show them why they don't buck up scrolls of forbidden magic, like this one. It seems my old form's strength had remained for a time. But it's gone now, sense I have acclimated to this form." **He says putting the scroll away. He then asks,** "What do you know of Spell Matrix Magic? One of them seems to have acquired a forbidden scroll about it. The scroll was written by one Silverwing 'Cosmic Silverstar' Harmony. And from what I have read, I can recall the name itself. It's a name I haven't gone by in well over 100 rebirths. But I also feel it's a name I shouldn't go by in this form. But Silverwing calls as if it belongs only to me."

@Blitz Boom

Windy nodded weakly to Sorrow “Yeah, you're right. I'm very comfortable being surrounded by ponies I don't know, let alone those who might want to take' me for their own 'entertainment'” she said in a hushed tone, not wanting otherrrs to hear what she said, knowing it could offending to some fans and might even cause a controversy. Living with a high status is not easy.

Meanwhile, Tepe finally understood what Sorrow meant: a sports team do athletic stuffs, that's what he heard from his parents.

Outside, Razor stood on guard, looking out for any of the gang members, knowing peace won't last long.

As they searched for Sorrow and Windy. Flinty, Blunt, and Shackles were having a conversation about their targets.

“So, nopony's going to notice the fact one of our targets is a Wonderbolt?” Flint asked the two stallions.

“Don't tell us that silly question, Flinty. Of course we knew her, right Blunt?" He turned to Blunt, but to his and Flinty horror, his reply was shocking. He was drooling and looked as if daydreaming.

“Hey, after we took them to that Needle, can I... You know, 'play' with her for a bit before-”

Before he could say more, Flinty gave him a blow to his head with her hoof “You pervert. We know you're a fan of the Wonderbolts and while I'm glad to hangout with her, I'm not going to let you have 'fun' with her!”

“Yeah, you're not that kind of character, so take that personality off!” Shackles added.

Edited by Windy Breeze

16 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

After putting it on the table, he'd twirl a key in the back of it four times, then stand back. Slowly, it would unfold, into a model of the Canterlot castle, complete with small, cheering metallic citizens, and high on top, the princess Celestia, radiating, as she rose a light-filled bauble up towards the heavens, where it would start to shine down on the whole thing, until it eventually closed. It were somewhat simplistic in nature he supposed, even if the models were carefully crafted and polished, but the small details that made it almost llife-like, and the realistic sounds, still made this something he were frankly rather proud of.

"Hoping that when I one day make an invention I think Princess Celestia would like, or at some sort of really important gathering, I can present this to her as a gift. She means a lot to my family, so I figured I'd try to make something that didn't need to be held back, or go through a review process for her. Just a nifty little show piece.

If you turn it eight times, it actually shows Princess Luna raising the moon instead. Seemed rude to not include her too, y'know?"

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Califorum

“That's a very nice gift, and I'm sure Princess Luna will appreciate it as well” Luna commented, looking closer at the alicorn models inside, “Is this completed? Maybe when I return to Canterlot to serve our highness, I can take you and your wonderful gift along with me”

15 hours ago, Califorum said:

Cali looked to Light in annoyance and then to Molotov with more of an offended look. She crossed her arms further. "You know what, I'm done. Leave me alone." she said to Light in a dismissive tone. She hadn't come here to bicker with anyone. Then she looked to Molotov. "I have no intentions of getting involved with...whatever you are doing here. I might leave if this...Light here keeps his bickering up with me." she scowled. 

Luna would overhear Cali, and she would glance and frown at her “Leaving already? You just got here for only a few minutes. Maybe you might want to go on a temporary vacation here in Manehattan. Just... stay in your pony form”

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Blitz Boom

“You know, this is really nice and tasty,” Lin remarked as she handed off her piece of pineapple pie to Shrimp and licking the bits of fruit and pie off her claw. “A mix of sweet and sour flavors, but none of it overpowers the other. Looks like Shrimp likes it too. Here, little one, have some more!”

The longma grabbed a larger piece and offered it to the refraction. This one had more pieces of pineapple and pie batter all stacked up like a tower. There’d be some more for the others, and she wouldn’t mind saving a little more for herself. Once that’s done, she’d start on her slice of the exotic fruit pie. Overhearing Sen’s conversation with Rosa got her curious about what’s in the slice. Raspberries, oranges… those kinds of fruits didn’t grow in the forest. Most of the fruits Rosa mentioned weren’t native to their home. Blackberries were more familiar as they grew on shrubs, which were common enough back home. 

“I’m sure we could try making, or improvising something, that could pass off as a pie with what we have back home, but heat is something we would have trouble getting. Making a pie over an open fire is one thing, but having the tools to get it all together will probably cost a lot, and that is before ingredients for the pie’s crust is considered.”

“Yeah, and food is usually only considered when a village is celebrating some kind of occasion. Giving food among friends and family is fine, but if elders get them, it usually means two things. Either they’re sick and they need sustenance, or someone is trying to gain their favor. The second one is considered unacceptable because the elder’s looks out for the whole village, not just one or a few.” 

The siblings recalled some celebrations that go back a few years, or at least when they were old enough to know what was going on. Celebrations ranged from the union of partners to congratulating those who started new families. The hunters had their own version when those who passed their final tests were presented before the village as the newest guardians. Those weren’t exactly the grand celebrations they were thought to be, but it was important enough that the village gathered to witness it. Over time, that kind of celebration faded away, and no one ever did it again because fewer and fewer folks saw it as something to celebrate. 

Though the longma were enjoying their pie, they would find Rosa excusing himself before heading off. They initially shrugged it off as him looking to possibly relieve himself in private, but once they heard a scream and saw Tomb dragging a griffon away, they turned to the thestral in confusion. 

“What happened back there? And what did you mean by custody fights?” 

@Midnight_Aurora

The shark mare didn't really understand all that her new friend were talking about, but it sounded like the smell they were after, were akin to her own then? In that case, it made sense for her that she'd wander closer to Cacora, and start circling her, whilst sniffing to her. If she were to go by a scent, she'd need to know what to follow after all, and this sounded like it were as good a choice as any.

"Friend smell- *sniff* *sniff*"

She'd sniff the air after picking up as much scent as she felt like she needed, then started to smell around in the air. The most direct one, were that which lingered from where Cacora had walked before, so she would walk a few steps that way, before turning around, and following Cacora again. All the while, she'd keep smelling to air, to see if she could find some sort of trace that smelled like this to follow. Had to help new friends, right? She were sure that is what the funny horse things did, and now that she were one of them, she had to do that too, yes?

@Midnight_Aurora

On 1/26/2021 at 4:44 AM, Midnight_Aurora said:

"I doubt this world knows of demons, other than that which little Cerberus keeps away. Also, I don't desire to corrupt or destruction upon this world. As I am not from this world. As I said, I was summoned. But they didn't properly do the ritual from what I am reading. They wanted a form of a controllable chaos being and got me instead. While I hadn't killed them, I did show them why they don't buck up scrolls of forbidden magic, like this one. It seems my old form's strength had remained for a time. But it's gone now, sense I have acclimated to this form.

"If they wanted chaos, they should have went with a draconequui. Meddlesome beasts are the sheer embodiment of why no sensible being would think you could have a being of controlled chaos, as chaos itself, is unrestrained. Only thing worse is a creature of pure order, as they destroy the self. Can't have an orderly world, if free will exists.

But you say you are not from here, and this form have been granted, instead of being your own? Interesting. Sounds akin to the magic that separates this and the human world."

She knew off this, but not a lot, and never had she seen it in action. Though supposedly, it were something that would ensure that humans drawn here through that gate, would become ponies, and vice versa. Perhaps this were one of those times? Been a while since she had last seen a human. And one not suffering unspeakable torments? That'd be a first.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:44 AM, Midnight_Aurora said:

"What do you know of Spell Matrix Magic? One of them seems to have acquired a forbidden scroll about it. The scroll was written by one Silverwing 'Cosmic Silverstar' Harmony. And from what I have read, I can recall the name itself. It's a name I haven't gone by in well over 100 rebirths. But I also feel it's a name I shouldn't go by in this form. But Silverwing calls as if it belongs only to me."

"I know a little about it, but you will not hear me speak a word of it. My contract forbids me from speaking of things, which might lead to others being hurt, and this thing are something which would cause a lot of harm, if misused. As such, it is physically impossible for me to share what little I knew with a stranger. Though it wouldn't have helped you much. Vague stories and rumors for the most part. Had I known properly about it in my time, I would not have ended up like this.

Something you say though, makes me curious. You speak of rebirths? Do you mean like a phoenix, or a true rebirth, with a new life, from start to finish? You shouldn't hold memories of so many lives, if it is the latter."

@abrony-mouse

On 1/25/2021 at 11:45 PM, abrony-mouse said:

Fuchsia gives a lil grimace of excitement and fear at the thought of trouble but turns it into a slightly constipated grin (see my av :P ). "Hope not. I have my own tools if things get too hairy." Fuchsia says, but doesn't reveal her poisoned blade yet. Just in case. She was still a wary pony after all. "So do you travel alone mostly... I hope that machete didn't belong to a previous companion?" she offers, trying for mirth rather than genuinely thinking it was the blade of a fallen comrade... but not being too jokey just in case.

Smokey gave a hearty laughter at hearing this indirect, cautious inquiry towards him potentially having scavenged the extra machete of a former comrade.

"I see why you'd be concerned, but you can ease yourself, Fuchsia. I mostly work alone, and simply just carry an extra with me, as I have had situations where for one reason or another, I lost one, or ended up traversing with another who could use one. As such, I have come to bring a spare, from a somewhat large collection back home. And you don't have to worry that I recovered a blade from one I worked with before. Any offered blade, are given as a gift, and a reminder of our travels. If the worst happens, it is used as one part of a grave marker, though it have been several years since such a tragedy have happened, and I ensured that his body were properly recovered and buried later.

Have I any say in it, no companion of mine will die on my watch. And that most assuredly counts for you as well."

He really should show her his weapons room, if they made it back home as a team after this. It might fascinate her to see his collection of backups, as he tended to end up losing things here and there,

On 1/25/2021 at 11:45 PM, abrony-mouse said:

Fuchsia is impressed by the magic, although she is a lil jealous of his unicorn power. She would try to follow him through the smoke, and her keen ear might pick up a few hoof-steps if he was at all heavy-hoofed, but her eye would be completely fooled. "Thanks." she takes out a grubby mirror and inspects her face and body, dabbing occasionally at lighter patches, going for jungle greens, something she will adjust if the temple calls for it. She gets an idea,  Say, maybe you can help me test it? You turn round, I'll hide and then creep up on you - and you see if you can spot me? What do you say?"

She'd be able to follow him through the smoke, if she used her ears. He wasn't trying overly much to cover his tracks here after all. Just show off a little, regarding how he'd deal with moving with some degree of caution, preparing for an ambush, or escaping. A smoke cover could be used for much.

He'd watch her with fascination as her impressive camouflage began to be set up, and would not interfere with words. It were nearly hypnotic to see Fuchsia at work with this, and nothing he could add to this, as she were clearly better at this than most he had seen. And with that base color? Ludicrous that it worked, and yet he could see it begin to take form. It felt like sacriledge if he were to interrupt this enticing show.

That is, until she posed him a challenge, and he smirked a little. This may be fun.

"I accept your challenge. I will attempt to spot you, and will not use magic to aid me in the task, as that would be cheating. Just say how long it shall be before I may turn around."

He'd swing around, and for good measure, close his eyes, as he waited to hear further from Fuchsia.

@Califorum

On 1/25/2021 at 9:13 PM, Califorum said:

"I wonder whats in the box there..." Magnolia sighed before seeming to compose herself. "I don't want anything to do with anyone else. I want to leave. I don't know you, I don't trust you." Magnolia had shot a glare into Scarcity's eyes, one that was more intense then before.

"You shouldn't trust me either, dear. We have only met, and considering the circumstances, I can't claim that I have given you any reason to. Yet as said, I have been hired to set up a meeting. You will have to talk your grievances out with the representative, once he arrives."

Scarcity remained completely neutral to the look she were given. It weren't the first time she had been given a death glare, and frankly, she did not fear it, coming from Magnolia. Far greater, and more powerful beings had given her a look that made her shake to her core, and even with those, what terror she may have, would be kept internally. Covering before a gaze, would only expose weakness, and in her line of work, weakness were a luxury that she could ill afford. Especially against the overly emotional, as they tended to become erratic, if faced with one whom they believed might be afraid of them.

"Do we have to stay here for this? She shouldn't have to, if she doesn't want to meet whoever it is."

"Considering the alternative might be to have them chase her down, and forcefully take the artifact, or imprison her somewhere with it, I would consider this the best option for you. Though if it makes you feel safer, they can't teleport out of here. The wards only allow for a one way travel in here, via provided scrolls. You will have to exit the building to be able to teleport. It should provide you with ample opportunity to deal with potential trouble, as I specified they sent only one representative. You will have to work on your persuasion skills if you prefer to have it end then and there, via words alone."

Zeehva did not feel good about this, but it did leave them with a chance, though that may have to rely on them being physically able to deal with a potential attack.

"W-well I uh, would like to know what you were going to say about this thing though..."

"Oh, I have much that I could say, but I can share a little sliver of one of the former users, for our story time.

The one whom I mentioned, were not as fortunate as you are. Like many who turned to dark powers, he had suffered a tragic loss. His daughter, in this case, and many were those in mourning, as he were at that point, seen as a beloved member of his society.

Yet in his grief, he took on the artifact, and used whatever sliver of darkness he could to bring her back. As you can attest, nothing is given without being taken first. So to give life-"

"H-He had to take it?"

"Yes. 49 were those he harvested, yet he were to also learn why the dead should remain that way. His daughter had returned, but she were marked by death, and screamed at him in anger. Showering him not with thanks for bringing her back, but with hatred for what he had done, and what a monster he had made her into. Then she ran from her home, and wherever she walked, life would wither. Plant, animal, or otherwise, she could not be near anything without it dying.

It took three years before someone finally hunted her down, and ended her once and for all. At that time, she could barely be recognized as a pony anymore. More a conglomerate of rotted flesh, mixing with parts of those who had fallen because of her, and swirling with tortured souls, screaming in agony.

And what happened with dear Igneous? He grew mad from seeing what he had done, and tried using more dark magic to undo his mistakes, yet only ended up crafting more horrors. The sprawling town he were part of became a hive of monsters and misery, and his  name went down in infamy, before ultimately, being forgotten. Exactly what happened to him isn't clear, but the artifact were suddenly found elsewhere one day, and the town of Rhuberton are but a bad memory, attached to a crater where nothing have grown for the past few centuries. There are more detailed descriptions, but I don't think you would care to see the illustrations of those who went into the town in olden times, and witnessed the things he had made. The tale of The Fleshcarver is not a happy tale, but one of caution."

While she talked, a peculiar new addition to the room would enter. An orange tabby cat, whom would waltz over towards Zeehva and Magnolia, and look up on them with it's little eyes. Even let out a cute meow as the story came to an end, and it reached them. If Magnolia did not try anything, the cat would rub against her leg and purr, though if she seemed unfriendly, the cat would jump back, and frown a little.

@EQ_Theta

On 1/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

The longma grabbed a larger piece and offered it to the refraction. This one had more pieces of pineapple and pie batter all stacked up like a tower. There’d be some more for the others, and she wouldn’t mind saving a little more for herself.

Shrimp happily took the offered food, and started to munch through it a little by little. Especially the batter started to seem like it fascinated him some, with him on occasion stopping, to lick on it, as if it were a popsicle. The pie maker had a seal of approval from him, as well as the rest of the tea for sure, though it were best not to offer Shrimp a full piece of pie. He'd eat through it, before he'd register that he wasn't really hungry anymore, and end up with a tummy ache. Best to feed him a little by little, until he lost interest naturally, instead of getting tempted with having food in his face.

Best they didn't have any gems for him either, or it might end in glittering flames. Harmless really, but it'd garner a good deal of attention too.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Though the longma were enjoying their pie, they would find Rosa excusing himself before heading off. They initially shrugged it off as him looking to possibly relieve himself in private, but once they heard a scream and saw Tomb dragging a griffon away, they turned to the thestral in confusion. 

“What happened back there? And what did you mean by custody fights?”

"When two parents end up leaving one another, it tends to be settled between them how to deal with their children. Most often it goes well, as some couple just end up agreeing that their marriage isn't ideal anymore, and things goes smoothly.

Other times however, the break up is less ideal, for varied reasons. mental or physical abuse might be one, possessiveness over wanting the child for themselves, rather than letting the partner interact another. Potential uses of external stimuli such as excessive alcohol, different opinions in practices regarding how to raise the child, infidelity, and the list goes on. There are many reasons why it can go sour, but in those cases, the courts will be called in to deal with the matter of custody.

The most common is to have one parent as the primary caretaker, with the other one then having visiting rights, and more often than not, this works well.  Even if the parents don't want to be around one another anymore, most can still agree on the fact that they should think of the wellbeing of their child first and foremost after all.

However, in the case of abuse, or things like alcoholism, it is more common that the parent not partaking in these things, are granted full rights. In some cases then, the other party will attempt to retake their child. usually after getting inebriated enough to think it will actually work, and make attempts at taking them again. Which before you ask, is indeed very illegal. I can imagine they'll keep him in the prison overnight, and then have the proper jurisdiction pick him up in the morning. I get the feeling that this is not his first time trying something, and as such, will likely face prison time. It should allow the family some time to get distance from him, and hopefully sobriety is going to give him a harsh wake up call.

I've seen this sort of thing before, working in varied places. Sometimes in the position of a guard entity, social worker, or reporter. You learn to pick up on things, once you are around them long enough. And as you can see, I don't have much love for beings like that. It's best for the child, as well as themselves, that they are stopped before they do something stupid. Or well, even more so than what they had already done.

Punching others out aren't normally my preferred way of dealing with things, but I don't have my tool belt, and the kid were scared. I didn't want to make it worse by having her experience that some stranger seemed to be strangling her father. Though if there had not been a clear, genetic match between them, and he had seemed sober, I would have made another conclusion, and been much less subtle about things. In case Tomb hadn't gotten there before I did. I get the sense that she would be able to bring a world of hurt down upon someone, if she so wished to.

*sigh* And regarding the matter before I had to leave, I find it a shame that your customs does not allow for one to bring food to such gatherings, though your reasons at least makes sense. A need for neutrality, would leave one in a position where it could be unethical to accept anything from one they had to bring in. Even something as minor as food.

Hmm... Though it sounds as if there are an exception to be made, if there are enough to share from. Perhaps something to consider at some point, and then bring along enough pie for all to try, if they so wished. Less of a bribery and more of an offering of friendship, on a first meeting? If nothing else, it might prove a sign of well wishes from a future ambassador. Once they are convinced said being have no intention of poisoning them, that is."

Rosa would pause so that he could take a slurp of water, and a bite of pie. Talking this much left him a bit parched, and frankly, it were a shame to let good food go to waste like this.

"Out of curiosity: What is considered an appropriate way to meet with your elders for a meeting? Beyond simply showing them the proper respect it is to bow your head, and not interrupt them as they speak. That tends to be universal."

@Windy Breeze

On 1/26/2021 at 12:13 PM, Windy Breeze said:

Windy nodded weakly to Sorrow “Yeah, you're right. I'm very comfortable being surrounded by ponies I don't know, let alone those who might want to take' me for their own 'entertainment'” she said in a hushed tone, not wanting otherrrs to hear what she said, knowing it could offending to some fans and might even cause a controversy. Living with a high status is not easy.

Sorrow assumed that Windy were either sarcastic, cautious, or misspoke, as it seemed like the sentence she were saying should have been including the word *uncomfortable*, but really, she'd understand if she didn't want to risk it. Low voice or not, some had good ears, so why risk it? Best to leave yourself a little leeway, and assume that the two of them understood what she were going on about.

"We should probably finish up, and pay then. I'd suggest we maybe go and talk to our friend somewhere less crowded too."

Sorrow would respond in a low, whispering tone as well, before she finished the last of her desert. No need to let this go to waste. So now it were just waiting for the others to be done, then wait for the waiter or waitress, so they could pay. Or go to the counter and do it there. Both likely worked, and it wasn't like either encounter wouldn't include them asking Windy if she would like to write down what she thought of the place, and their food. Now that they knew who - or at least what - she were, they'd want to get a few positive words on the way, if possible.

---------------------------------------------

Elsewhere, Needle would be about done writing down the important parts to her boss. She'd likely be able to gain a few more hints from the corpse, but he needed to be informed of the important details now, as well as the task she had set upon the goons. He'd probably not be thrilled to know that one of them were a Wonderbolt, but she suspected that he'd like one thing less than the public scrutiny that might come from her *vanishing*: High profile being talking about what she may have learned of their organisation. That would bring unwanted attention his way, and that were not worth the risk.

As she had written, she suggested that the simplest answer were to have them tortured for information, and then wipe their memories, before releasing them again. Any injuries could just be played off as being from the town incident after all. Especially since Dr. Needle had been the one in charge of their stay there, and as such, could edit the medical report before having it properly filed. As for a memory loss, they sustained several injuries, including to the head. It wouldn't be hard to write it off as them having briefly passed out for a time.

Just having them dug into a hole, or fed to something, would be preferable though, but she considered the potential backlash to be worse. That were her suggestions anyway. it were up to the boss to decide what happened.

So she'd lock the house up good, and go visit a private courier of sorts. Another goon really, that were too scared of repercussions to dare speak against them. She were at times useful for things, but mostly, Needle just used her for delivering highly important messages discretely.

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Califorum

On 1/25/2021 at 11:51 PM, Kujamih said:

Light kinda see this one coming..what did he expect.

"....welp that's depressing... I make a heroic speech and i lose one audience and the other one just filtered it out... At least i managed to entertain you right Blitz?" 

Blitz put down what she were tinkering with on her table as her name were called, and floated something with her. A crate from under her workbench, which she sometimes used to stand on, though these days, had a main purpose written on it. In glittering, pink letters no less: *The Fun Box*. Considering the scorch marks, this might be somewhat misleading, but she didn't think so. This were a box full of happy, and now there were two who reeeeeally needed it.

"Too much sad face. Come ooooon. I have some pretty fireworks we can see. That'll make everypony happy, see? Then we can have a nice chat with lots of nice things to say, and nopony have to be sad and leave."

She'd look up between the two, with a big, innocent smile on her crazy little face. How could they say no to that?

In case they didn't, she'd pull out a few things from her fun box, which seemed like really weird contraptions. One specific one she drew out though, were a half meter wide one, with a lot of twist and turns on it, and one, large fuse. Once it were set up, and they stood at least a meter away, she'd ignite the tip of her horn, and light up the fuse. Then jump back, as the fireworks display unfolded.

It were pretty well done really, in her mind. The details on the faces were still not done, leaving that a little boring, but it would blow up in the right sequence, to show off Pinkie Pie riding on her cannon - sadly with a blank face - with glittering, multicolored tect beneath going *No sour faces in party town!*.

Even without the face being done, Pinkie had still been thrilled when Blitz gave her the first one of these. That had been a fantastic day, though she had since made a few more, just in case Pinkie might come by someday. What better way to greet her, right? And it also tended to make others get a happy face. Even if it were light outside. Wasn't like you couldn't see the colorful display there. It just lost a little in the light. It should do the trick though, she hoped. Otherwise, there'd be more things.

Felicia also followed them outside, to keep track of the little one. If it were for the sake of Blitz, or everypony else though, were up for debate. In her mind, it was a little of both, but mostly the second. This one were dangerous to be left on her own, even if she intended no harm.

If the two didn't want to come outside, she'd jump around them, and continue to ask if they didn't want to be happy, and full of smiles, instead of fighting. What fun were there in fighting after all, right? This were Equestria. Everypony should get along!

On 1/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Windy Breeze said:

“That's a very nice gift, and I'm sure Princess Luna will appreciate it as well” Luna commented, looking closer at the alicorn models inside, “Is this completed? Maybe when I return to Canterlot to serve our highness, I can take you and your wonderful gift along with me”

"Thank you for the thought, but I wanna make sure that this is done right, at the right time. Still thinking about some ways I could perhaps polish it up a bit more, and when the time's right. Maybe when I do though, I'll see you lingering around there somewhere, eh? And gotta say, it's real swanky that you gotta serve the princess. Either one really. Have to be a great honor, though I can imagine it's tough too, depending on your duties. No offense to the guards, but they mostly just stand around. I'm feeling the maids do a whole lot more work than they'd ever do. And a personal assistant? I dunno if I can imagine a pony carrying all that cake constantly."

Molotov were having a bit of fun on the stereotype that Celestia were a bit of a cake addict, and would allegedly use any sort of gathering as an excuse to have a slice. Couldn't blame her really, cake were great. And seriously, she were in charge of a country, and rose the sun up. Let the mare have some cake if she pleased, right?

On 1/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Windy Breeze said:

Luna would overhear Cali, and she would glance and frown at her “Leaving already? You just got here for only a few minutes. Maybe you might want to go on a temporary vacation here in Manehattan. Just... stay in your pony form”

"Yeah, or go for griffon. Folks round here don't really mind those either. Small dragons are fair game too. Human though, is gonna get you chased down by the O.M.I. And with all that magic you're juggling 'round, I can imagine that being a pain in the rear for both sides. Though if you wanna make a trip out of it, I could let you in on some good spots to be in town? I've only been here a few months, but I wander here and there. Sees a few things. Maybe I could let any of you folks know where there's something that'd fit your fancy? Maybe a spa treatment, would do you good? Not you though, Light. I think you'd hae t go to the cart shop and get re-oiled for the same sort of vibe, hehe."

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:
On 1/25/2021 at 10:45 PM, abrony-mouse said:

Smokey gave a hearty laughter at hearing this indirect, cautious inquiry towards him potentially having scavenged the extra machete of a former comrade.

"I see why you'd be concerned, but you can ease yourself, Fuchsia. I mostly work alone, and simply just carry an extra with me, as I have had situations where for one reason or another, I lost one, or ended up traversing with another who could use one. As such, I have come to bring a spare, from a somewhat large collection back home. And you don't have to worry that I recovered a blade from one I worked with before. Any offered blade, are given as a gift, and a reminder of our travels. If the worst happens, it is used as one part of a grave marker, though it have been several years since such a tragedy have happened, and I ensured that his body were properly recovered and buried later.

Have I any say in it, no companion of mine will die on my watch. And that most assuredly counts for you as well."

He really should show her his weapons room, if they made it back home as a team after this. It might fascinate her to see his collection of backups, as he tended to end up losing things here and there,

On 1/25/2021 at 10:45 PM, abrony-mouse said:

Fuchsia is impressed by the magic, although she is a lil jealous of his unicorn power. She would try to follow him through the smoke, and her keen ear might pick up a few hoof-steps if he was at all heavy-hoofed, but her eye would be completely fooled. "Thanks." she takes out a grubby mirror and inspects her face and body, dabbing occasionally at lighter patches, going for jungle greens, something she will adjust if the temple calls for it. She gets an idea,  Say, maybe you can help me test it? You turn round, I'll hide and then creep up on you - and you see if you can spot me? What do you say?"

She'd be able to follow him through the smoke, if she used her ears. He wasn't trying overly much to cover his tracks here after all. Just show off a little, regarding how he'd deal with moving with some degree of caution, preparing for an ambush, or escaping. A smoke cover could be used for much.

He'd watch her with fascination as her impressive camouflage began to be set up, and would not interfere with words. It were nearly hypnotic to see Fuchsia at work with this, and nothing he could add to this, as she were clearly better at this than most he had seen. And with that base color? Ludicrous that it worked, and yet he could see it begin to take form. It felt like sacriledge if he were to interrupt this enticing show.

That is, until she posed him a challenge, and he smirked a little. This may be fun.

"I accept your challenge. I will attempt to spot you, and will not use magic to aid me in the task, as that would be cheating. Just say how long it shall be before I may turn around."

He'd swing around, and for good measure, close his eyes, as he waited to hear further from Fuchsia.

@Blitz Boom

"Great! Count to 60... no peeking." she half-teases - she had tried this on a few ponies, both adult and younger... and it was the older ones who tended to peek :P She soft hoofedly scuttles to the edge of the camp.

Fuchsia uses her knowledge of the area round the camp, gained when she had scoped it out before. She discounts a few of the more obvious bushes and goes for a trench in the boggy jungle ground, that had formed in the root system of two adjacent jungle trees. It was shielded by undergrowth from direct view of the camp, but would allow her glimpses of his movement and was close by, allowing for a surprise leap out if her prey gave her the opportunity.

She doesn't have much time, but she softly piles jungle debris on top of her lithe body and lies as flat as possible in the boggy ground. Once the count is up she will hope her hiding place resists his initial survey and bide her time while he explores alternative hiding places, waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump out >:3

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia watched the cat walk in and rub against Magnolia's leg. She thought it was one of Scarcity's pets and simply gave it no mind. A few pets here or there but her focus was on this discussion here. Magnolia was horrified by the tale but kept herself composed as if to not seem too emotional as that would be a sign of weakness. She stayed rather silent there for a while until Scarcity was done speaking.

"That is quite...disturbing and disgusting if anything. I never delved into Soul magic or necromancy, rather just the draining of magic itself to increase my own strength. And shadow magic, not dark magic of that type. I would never do such a thing...if anything I'd only scare those into submission with my power." Magnolia had clarified. She was never one to mess around with that sort of magic and deadly curses of that nature. She wasn't stupid or bold enough to do such things.

Although Magnolia were internally surprised at Scarcity's response, she didn't want to earn Magnolia's trust it seemed. Magnolia didn't trust Scarcity either and wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. She didn't like this place one bit and didn't want anything to do with anyone else. She only wants Zeehva. Only her. 

Although Magnolia seemed to inch in her chair closer to Zeehva. Zeehva was the only one she trusted and related to. She had to ask though, "Who set you up for this...meeting?" Magnolia asked awkwardly, yet Scarcity could probably tell that she were nervous of the idea of meeting with someone who was hunting her down. She was sure they were quite powerful and Magnolia no longer had the power she had stolen.

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

Cali would raise an eyebrow at Blitz. "...Fine. Lets see what you got." he relented and followed her outside. She looked at the fireworks with interest. "Tell me...what type of firework are those?" she looked down at the fireworks that Blitz had. She was unsure what to think of them and Blitz's actions for now. But she were wiling to entertain her idea. Cali looked to Felicia, she wasn't sure what to think of that creation of Molotov's. 

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

The shark mare didn't really understand all that her new friend were talking about, but it sounded like the smell they were after, were akin to her own then? In that case, it made sense for her that she'd wander closer to Cacora, and start circling her, whilst sniffing to her. If she were to go by a scent, she'd need to know what to follow after all, and this sounded like it were as good a choice as any.

"Friend smell- *sniff* *sniff*"

She'd sniff the air after picking up as much scent as she felt like she needed, then started to smell around in the air. The most direct one, were that which lingered from where Cacora had walked before, so she would walk a few steps that way, before turning around, and following Cacora again. All the while, she'd keep smelling to air, to see if she could find some sort of trace that smelled like this to follow. Had to help new friends, right? She were sure that is what the funny horse things did, and now that she were one of them, she had to do that too, yes?

@Blitz Boom

**Cacora's scent is much different than the ponies as she also smells a bit like insectoids, with a hint of something akin to emotional awareness. If any other scents like that are around, it seems Cacora doesn't directly know of them. However, due to Cacora having been around ponies most of her life, her scent has a stronger hint of the ponies she and her new friend are around. Cacora doesn't know it but it could be possible that one such being she is looking for is around as well. Cacora continues her search, she says,**

"It could be a friend's smell. There is still much I don't rightly know. Let's just see where this trail I am following leads."

**Eventually it would lead her towardd either the Golden Oaks Library or crystal castle.** (Depending on if and when the events involving Tirek happened.)

"If they wanted chaos, they should have went with a draconequui. Meddlesome beasts are the sheer embodiment of why no sensible being would think you could have a being of controlled chaos, as chaos itself, is unrestrained. Only thing worse is a creature of pure order, as they destroy the self. Can't have an orderly world, if free will exists.

But you say you are not from here, and this form have been granted, instead of being your own? Interesting. Sounds akin to the magic that separates this and the human world."

She knew off this, but not a lot, and never had she seen it in action. Though supposedly, it were something that would ensure that humans drawn here through that gate, would become ponies, and vice versa. Perhaps this were one of those times? Been a while since she had last seen a human. And one not suffering unspeakable torments? That'd be a first

@Blitz Boom

**Silverwing just shrugs. He shows her another of the scrolls, this one depicting a Unicorn pony being fused with some kind of magical box like structure.**

"This is where I heard about Spell Matrices this time around. But then I drank a memory restoration potion and regained a number of memories more than I had been awakened to. Knowledge is a powerful tool should it be used right. And for me it seems that Spell Matrices are the only way my power can stabilize and be wield-able normally. The Spell Matrix itself would only be a foundation for the formation of my spells, if my memory serves me right. I have a number of these scrolls from the cult. Many of them don't feel like they should be available to the untrained on this world. I want to bring them to the sisters for consideration and safe keeping but my magical instability, and my own currently personal desire to not see the sun and moon, prevents me from attempting the trip."

**When he says the last few sentences, he also points to a sack holding a number of scrolls.** "I took them from the cult so they didn't get themselves killed or worse, bring true darkness upon this world. A world protected by The Four Council and this world's All-Mother Alicorn."

"I know a little about it, but you will not hear me speak a word of it. My contract forbids me from speaking of things, which might lead to others being hurt, and this thing are something which would cause a lot of harm, if misused. As such, it is physically impossible for me to share what little I knew with a stranger. Though it wouldn't have helped you much. Vague stories and rumors for the most part. Had I known properly about it in my time, I would not have ended up like this.

Something you say though, makes me curious. You speak of rebirths? Do you mean like a phoenix, or a true rebirth, with a new life, from start to finish? You shouldn't hold memories of so many lives, if it is the latter."

**To this Silverwing says,** "Your right. Normally one wouldn't remember their past existences when they undergo Rebirth. But a spiritual awakening to their chain of memories will allow one to remember. I have already under gone such an awakening. That's why the name Silverwing is so strongly connected to me. Also true rebirth and phoenix rebirth aren't all that different. The symbol for rebirth, where I originally am from, is the mythical Phoenix and if I understand Ancient Celestial as correctly as my memory is reciting it for me to understand, then I can say that my true name translates into one word....Rebirth. Plus Phoenix is just another language's word for Rebirth or to be reborn again."

**He then contemplates his next words carefully, before saying,**

"All beings and things are born. All beings and things live. All beings and things will eventually die. All beings and things are unified in death, only to be reborn again. The cycle of Rebirth in a nutshell."

@Blitz Boom, @Califorum @Windy Breeze

"... Sure why not."

As Light, Cali and Blitz went out to light some fireworks, Nostalgia kicks in. Remembering when Light's life was peaceful.

"... Hmm..."

Molotov then mentioned about re oiling and replied.

" Oil contaminates my fleshy part. So i prefer using butter or extra virgin olive oil.... It also helps with skin care."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“It’s a shame… Why parents even choose to separate it beyond me. They chose to be together, raise a family, and then none of that matters? It’s even worse for the child who has to live and grow through that, even if the parents choose their child’s well-being over theirs. Sometimes, the world outside the forest really confuses me. Everything seems to go  one way, then suddenly things turn out different, and I’m back to knowing nothing.” 

Things like marriages and friendships may not turn out right, but the concept of separation is foreign to the longma. When two longma decide to join and become partners, that was always a choice done with the utmost care. It was a lifelong commitment, and there wouldn’t be a way to back out of that choice later on. Doing so is unheard of, and there should always be a way to work things out. Perhaps ponies, griffons, or any other creatures would have something complicated that makes resolving those conflicts difficult, but that was something neither Sen nor Lin could wrap their heads around. 

“About what you said regarding food and meetings with elders. I may have misunderstood you.” Lin chimed in, thinking about what Rosa mentioned earlier in line with talk about ambassadors. “Food isn’t something the longma give to elders unless it involves the whole village. If we’re talking about foreign creatures, then I guess that is something unexplored and new to think about. I suppose a something that shows the visitor is trustworthy enough to not cause trouble?”

“Because the longma haven’t had contact with other creatures, we don’t have any rules or preconceptions about what goes on in those situations. Elder Ghilan was open to meeting you, and for the most part, that was informal. Officially meeting with the elder is a lot more complicated. A request has to be brought up to the elder’s advisors, who then convenes with elder, and when all or most agree that the matter is urgent, the one who made the request can meet with the elder and the advisers.” 

Seemingly excessive for a place known for simplicity? Yes, but the very few times the process has been invoked, it usually turned out for the better. Most longma are satisfied with this system simply because there was a way to ensure that the elder would be called to assist in a serious matter with guidance and second opinions. Only in the most urgent of matters can the elder overrule this process.

All this knowledge on customs was relayed to him in the past by Elder Ghilan, though this was mostly hypothetical to the longma. Ghilan knew this because he was taught this from his advisors. He certainly thought it was important enough for Sen to know as he knew more outsiders than any other longma. If he was capable of forming relations with foreign creatures, then he could do well with knowledge of how elders conduct themselves with each other and with their respective villages.

“Respectful bowing aside, a meeting with the elder is considered a formal affair. The longma are distrustful of outsiders, and aside from letting your actions speak for you, let your words mean what you say. Figurative expressions are not a thing to the longma, so one’s words must mean exactly as how they are said. Oh, and being patient about time also helps. That part allows the elder to consider everything that comes into making a decision, even if it takes longer than expected.” 

@Blitz Boom

“You mean Razor? Well, he does sound as if he had to say something important to us and he looks agitated”

She turned he attention to Tepe, who shrugged nonchalantly, but nodded to tell them he agreed with what they are saying. Windy decided to gulp down her dessert, much to his horror and disgust though he didn't show it.

“Ahh, delicious. This is why blueberries are my favorite. A perfect combination for cheesecakes” she whispered in delight.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:56 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Thank you for the thought, but I wanna make sure that this is done right, at the right time. Still thinking about some ways I could perhaps polish it up a bit more, and when the time's right. Maybe when I do though, I'll see you lingering around there somewhere, eh? And gotta say, it's real swanky that you gotta serve the princess. Either one really. Have to be a great honor, though I can imagine it's tough too, depending on your duties. No offense to the guards, but they mostly just stand around. I'm feeling the maids do a whole lot more work than they'd ever do. And a personal assistant? I dunno if I can imagine a pony carrying all that cake constantly."

Luna snorted “Trying hard to make your gift perfect is a sign of an undying loyalty. I like it” she let out a short laugh when Molotov talks about her job, “Don't worry, I'm a night guard. I don't always have to stand around like lifeless pony statues in a well-designed garden. Before I serve the princess, I serve to protect my own town from stray wild animals, I mostly patrol the streets surrounding the town hall”

She frowned when Cali seemed to have not heard or ignored Molotov and her suggestion, her eyebrows slightly lowered in dismay and let out a sigh of restrained anger, but In another part of her mind, Cali maybe too busy hangingg out, with Blitz.

She turned to Light “Skin care? Interesting. I'm always curious of how everypony take care of their own body other than trimming their coats and styling their manes and tails, and may I know what virgin oil is made from?”

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Blitz Boom
After Charir was done with his souvenir, he proceeded to eat more as the earlier had just been a taste, and while he preferred raw meat, meat was meat, so he didn't complain. Being the smallest of the three dragons, he would most likely be the first one to stop eating, as he just dug in having used to not having that much time to eat, and was satisfied pretty quickly. He observed when Leviathan buried the heads but didn't show any strong reaction.

"Some of them have that kind of magic yes, but I'd say they are in the minority." Ruby responded "That and like you said, most of them aren't mentally capable of killing." "Which interestingly enough leads to punishments that in my opinion are worse than just killing someone, even if looking through their own morals." she held up the ram-head of the one she killed and looked at it for a second before tossing it aside "But the common pony seems to be too stupid to realize the implications of the various things their protectors do, not that it's in any way a surprise." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrow just nodded again, as he had nothing to comment out loud, but a thought did come to him, about a possible fate worse than his and the ghost-mare's, that being those who end up living one event, most likely their death, again and again until end of time, he didn't know if these undead were sentient, or if it was some kind of imprint on reality, but if it was the former, it would certainly be worse than existing freely for eternity.

He didn't stop the trip, but when the ponies came to view, or more specifically, they got into the ponies' view, he again signaled Crow to act 'normal' as they were being watched. The red stallion seemed familiar to him, as if he had seen him before, but because of how his memory worked, or didn't work, he wasn't sure if it was from before or if he had just seen the stallion at some point when he had been observing the world outside the forest, ultimately it was meaningless which it was, but it would be something he would think about a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"I come from the same world most likely yes, even if from different empire." The guard stated "One of course can't be 100% certain that it is the same world, and not a different almost identical world, but that doesn't affect my reason for being here." "Anyway." "I'm Solar Silver, a member of the Royal guard here, and I'm trying to figure out the reason and the means in which I and now you two ended up here." Sheska cut in "So that you can bring your dear ruler here?" her tone was lot more hostile than her brother's, but she stayed put "Quite the opposite, I know you don't trust me, but just know that if Daybreaker does find a way here, I and everyone I know will be killed for treason, so it is in my own best interest to do my best to stop it from happening." the siblings didn't argue, they knew it was probably true if Daybreaker was anything like Nightmare Moon.

"I heard enough to gather that you were imprisoned by Nightmare Moon, and knowing how she does things, I take you were rebels?" after some hesitation, Trox nodded "And from what it sounded like, part of the dungeon came with you?" again a nod "Did anyone, or anything else come with you?" This time Trox answered "Two dead ponies. the prison guards, got crushed under the rubble." Solar turned thoughtful for a moment "That's all for now, thank you." 

He then addressed Onache "I happened to also hear that their appearance happened in your domain, so while you're free to do with the dungeon what you want, as it is worthless and useless here, I'm sure Celestia would appreciate if the two pony bodies could be transported to us, they could also give some information on how they ended up here if I got to examine them." 

"If there's any questions, now would be the time to ask them." 

@Blitz Boom , @Windy Breeze, @Califorum

Light laughed at Luna, for making the remark on virgin oil... Maybe she didn't hear Light say "virgin OLIVE oil"

"Hahaha it's made from the tears of sacrificed...ahhhmmm extra virgin olive oil... It just means that the oil is filtered more and cleaner."

" Plus it not only takes care of your mane, but also your skin."

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

A taskforce best designed for such an investigation would exist within Center Zero itself.  Only its own residents would be as equipped and fully aware of the type of dangers waiting around the corner.  The only survivors they knew about were the Boom siblings and now Magma.  Possible resources that the Solar Guard may find valuable to getting around Center Zero safely.  Likely under orders already to not touch anything, but that alone could greatly limit their investigation.  "When the O.M.I. is called, it will be ready," confirmed quite proudly.  Making sure to denote it was not a matter of if anymore, but now a matter of when.  It wasn't hard to see the sense of adventure fill her eyes and her next project had been selected now with Manehatten more under control from the previous attack.  Minty couldn't devote the whole O.M.I., the city still needed a presence of its magical guardians.  A small taskforce would do.  Already her mind was sorting for an optimal officer combination.  

Now aloof with thought, she managed to bow gracefully to Magma.  "Until our appointment come the marrow, Magma," she bid farewell to the pony from Center Zero.  Turning to depart and make her way to her private office.  Along the way, and without glancing, she passed the only other occupant in the office at the moment, "Wind Gale, dear, I need you to deliver letter."  The unicorn was drawn out of her paperwork, taking a quick look to see that Scarlet wasn't present in the office for courier work.  "Y-Yes ma'am!" she stuttered and pushed back from her desk.  Walking behind the much larger mare and into her office.

Bash grunted his own farewell with a head nod before squeezing past the gathered group to take his position back at the front desk and his continued research on the plant from Harrowmark.  "I look forward to our meeting Magma.  I'll be in the office as soon as Celestia raises the Sun.  Feel free to drop by any time in the morning," Tussle bowed.  She needed to get out of this dress.  Elegant things like this weren't for her minus the rare Gala or meeting with Royalty.  "It was a pleasure working with you Magma and I hope the charm with the gum help you," Starbright added.  Flare tipped his hat in her direction with his own form of farewell.  The Solar Guard that came running into their office made this sound like it was going to be a terrible thing.  But it felt good knowing they have done there job and helped.

"Bits are gold simply turned into coin form for currency.  If you have gold, you can quite easily take it to the bank and they'll turn it into Bits for you," Gold Mane explained.  If Harrowmark used gold coins too, or crowns, transfer would be just a matter of melting it down and re-stamping it with Equestria's mark.  As for the chunk of gold Omen paid for her dress with, same concept of melting it down and turning it into coins.  Reading Omen's body language was enjoyable, like a foal being told they were about to go to their favorite park.  Rising placed the mugs in the sink and filled them with some water to keep the tea from staining the bottom of them.  

"I wouldn't say it's the biggest building and not a castle, but it isn't something we'd leave you to find on your own.  Gold Mane and I will take you there," Cork expressed, volunteering the other unicorn seeing as it was still part of their case.  Gold Mane nodded, not a problem with her at all.  The apartment wasn't all that close to the courthouse, so the need for a taxi might be in order.

More focused on his kitchen work, he wasn't expecting a hug out of nowhere.  Especially a big bear hug.  Crushed on both sides, it was easy to tell this was a hug from somepony that was not experienced with such things.  Knowing the appropriate amount of force was always a good thing to know.  The detective grunt, but didn't fight back even though his training told him otherwise.  "I'll be fine," he grunted out, enduring the moment he didn't want to spoil for her.

@Rising Dusk

On 1/31/2021 at 3:37 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Until our appointment come the marrow, Magma,"

"I will look forward to it, Captain. I hope you'll do well until then."

Magma bowed her head at the captain in turn, though not as gallantly. She weren't really in the same sort of social circles, and did more respectful greetings, than lady-like ones. She hoped it would suffice though, as the captain took her leave, and began to plan what other things she seemed to have going ahead of her. As well as, at some point, likely prepare for tomorrow. A day to look forward to, though for now, Magma sadly had to leave Minty's radiance.

Bash grunted his own farewell with a head nod before squeezing past the gathered group to take his position back at the front desk and his continued research on the plant from Harrowmark.  "I look forward to our meeting Magma.  I'll be in the office as soon as Celestia raises the Sun.  Feel free to drop by any time in the morning," Tussle bowed.  She needed to get out of this dress.  Elegant things like this weren't for her minus the rare Gala or meeting with Royalty.  "It was a pleasure working with you Magma and I hope the charm with the gum help you," Starbright added.  Flare tipped his hat in her direction with his own form of farewell.  The Solar Guard that came running into their office made this sound like it was going to be a terrible thing.  But it felt good knowing they have done there job and helped.

Of course, there were others here too, and she couldn't place all her praise at Minty's hooves. She were a very eye-catching mare, but the others had done her a great service too, in helping her with some of her overheating issues. As they said goodbye to her, so too should she to them, as she'd give them respectful bows in kind. Bash were a little... Special, but she were sure this meant goodbye for him, so he'd get a bow regardless.

"Thank you very muh for your help, everypony. I'll make sure to not squander these gifts, and hope that come tomorrow, I can start to help you with at least some funds and deal proposal for local vendors. I owe you to give it my best, and I fully intend to."

After saying her goodbyes, she'd wander out. She'd return early the next day, though for now, she needed to find something to occupy her mind with. And frankly, she believed she knew just the thing.

Find Molotov, and scare the ever-living bejeebus out of him.

============================================

@Rising Dusk

"Bits are gold simply turned into coin form for currency.  If you have gold, you can quite easily take it to the bank and they'll turn it into Bits for you,"

"So they're like crown then, but with another stamp on it? Okay, that shouldn't be too hard to get used to then. In Harrowmark, we have three variants of crowns that we pay with. Gold crowns, silver, crowns, and bronze crowns. Not a lot of actual gold crowns around anymore, since that's what Twisted and his cronies liked to hoard for himself the most, but still, it sounds easy enough. I'm sure you have sorts that are worth more than others too. Otherwise, buying like, a house, would require a massive bag, I'd think. Guess I'll see in time."

A whole new country, with lots, and lots of things to learn. She could barely wait to go out and just go for it. Y'know, after she had gotten a request in for citizenship. It'd probably be some time after that, before it actually went through, and she could start really put in her hooves, but hey. Just meant she had time to prepare. And thankfully, she had these nice ponies here helping her. Such a good bunch of equines they were.

"I wouldn't say it's the biggest building and not a castle, but it isn't something we'd leave you to find on your own.  Gold Mane and I will take you there," Cork expressed, volunteering the other unicorn seeing as it was still part of their case.  Gold Mane nodded, not a problem with her at all.  The apartment wasn't all that close to the courthouse, so the need for a taxi might be in order.

More focused on his kitchen work, he wasn't expecting a hug out of nowhere.  Especially a big bear hug.  Crushed on both sides, it was easy to tell this was a hug from somepony that was not experienced with such things.  Knowing the appropriate amount of force was always a good thing to know.  The detective grunt, but didn't fight back even though his training told him otherwise.  "I'll be fine," he grunted out, enduring the moment he didn't want to spoil for her.

It were a crushing hug, but Rising should get through it without any actual injuries. Though he may feel slightly sore for a while after. Nothing he shouldn't be able to handle, and especially as he'd get some peace and quiet after they'd soon enough leave, to get Grave towards the courthouse.

"You'll really help me with this too,? Man. You three are the best equines I've ever known."

She'd let go of Rising, and wander back towards the others, with a big, cheerful grin, plastered on her face.

"I promise. One day, I'll find a way to repay it. And no words saying I don't have to! In Harrowmark, we believe in a favor for a favor, and I'm not hearing that you don't want me to do anything in return. Sooner or later, you might have something I can help you with, and then I'll be right on it. Several somethings even, if needed. It'd give me an excuse to be around you all again too, hehe.

Anyway, if we're going there, then it's time to say goodbye to you, Rising. I hope the rest of your day will be calmer. You really deserve some rest, after everything you've been through."

=========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 1/29/2021 at 9:42 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Some of them have that kind of magic yes, but I'd say they are in the minority." Ruby responded "That and like you said, most of them aren't mentally capable of killing." "Which interestingly enough leads to punishments that in my opinion are worse than just killing someone, even if looking through their own morals." she held up the ram-head of the one she killed and looked at it for a second before tossing it aside "But the common pony seems to be too stupid to realize the implications of the various things their protectors do, not that it's in any way a surprise." 

"Perhaps you're right. I might just be overselling them, because I've seen some things, and gotten a slight bias, that makes think there's more to the general populace than you do. If we see nothing worse than this, you're probably the one in the right.

And their punishments can be pretty odd, that's true. Stoning or exiling someone from this world, seems overcomplicated. Simple beheading, and give them a one way ticket down to Tartarus. Hades would make sure they got properly punished after that, if he judged they needed it."

She'd ram her head into the opening she had thus far made in the beast she fell, and took another large chunk out. Honestly weren't bad meat, though perhaps she'd have to try cooking some, and see how it were then? Just had to chop off a filet, and use a bit of fire breath. Pretty easy.

She got to where she were about to breathe fire, when suddenly a roar echoed through the forest. It clearly came a long way away, and yet, it were thundering forth, as the earth shook a little from the volume. Sounded like there were something big in there, and it were Angry! Maybe they managed to get the attention of something more worth their time after all.

Startled, she'd accidentally use frost breath instead, and freeze the slap to her hand. Which she then had to thaw out, like some sort of idiot. What a regrettable situation to find herself in. Mainly because it were somewhat embarrassing.

"Sounds like there's bigger players in there. Much bigger.  Maybe we'll get a real fight out of these after all."

======================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

He didn't stop the trip, but when the ponies came to view, or more specifically, they got into the ponies' view, he again signaled Crow to act 'normal' as they were being watched. The red stallion seemed familiar to him, as if he had seen him before, but because of how his memory worked, or didn't work, he wasn't sure if it was from before or if he had just seen the stallion at some point when he had been observing the world outside the forest, ultimately it was meaningless which it was, but it would be something he would think about a bit.

"-if t-that's okay?"

"A'yup"

Seemed like the two of them were finishing a talk about something, when they got close enough to hear it. Seemed to go friendly enough, so no need to be concerned either, though Lyriel were still hesitant to move too close. Until they were spotted by Big Mac that were, and got acknowledged with a nod. Not a stallion of many words this one, but he were a kind, hard working soul. That much she had gathered from hearing about him from others. Nothing but positive words, with even the more rough looking beings, saying that if nothing else, they could respect his work morale. You had to do something right, when everyone could think of something nice to say of you, right?

Her personal interaction had been brief, but maybe this were the chance to change that a little, she supposed? He did acknowledge they were there after all. Though what of- Oh, worry not. The mare just turned around, and nearly jumped out of her good skin it seemed, as she locked eyes with Scarecrow.

"Oh! H-Hello there, didn't t-think you'd come up here. Uhm... Yes."

"If it isn't too much to ask, what is it that seemed to make you so nervous about my friend here, Miss Ploughman?"

"It's n-nothing, really. Just a l-little extra nervous around hawks. Something about them m-makes me concerned."

So perhaps she didn't see trough the disguise after all then? Possible, but they may still have to be beware, just in case. Though for now at least, Lyriel were satisfied with the explanation.

@Catpone Cerberus

He then addressed Onache "I happened to also hear that their appearance happened in your domain, so while you're free to do with the dungeon what you want, as it is worthless and useless here, I'm sure Celestia would appreciate if the two pony bodies could be transported to us, they could also give some information on how they ended up here if I got to examine them." 

"If there's any questions, now would be the time to ask them." 

"Send guards to collect them, and they're yours for the taking. Had I known there were corpses there, I would have taken them out along with these two. I foresee enough trouble there, without keeping bodies scattered across my throne room.

As for the dungeon, my domain holds a crystal in the air, which negated the magic of those entering, lest they be sphinx. Within my throne room, lies the exception, and that is where they all came. Whatever they were connected to, managed to poke in, but I doubt there are much to it. I found only little of their exit point, in what I had already begun to dig.

If the ones send wish to examine it, they can do so, but they best not be attempting anything fishy. Any attempt at attempting to establish a connection with whatever world you speak of, will be met with expulsion from the desert. What world you speak of sounds grim, and beyond salvation. I find it better that disease stays where it is.

Though if you two arrived at different points, it sounds as if the barrier between is having some holes poked in it. Where I you, I'd be more concerned of a permanent gateway opening up next time. And whatever or not your trips were intentional, or even the first ones to occur."

Frankly, she didn't care much for what happened to the ponies, now that she did not technically need them for food anymore. But it would inconvenience everyone if there came a dual force of dictators, attempting to take these lands under their control to, leading to a war on several fronts. This peace were much more preferable to that, and her nature made her think of a few things that might threaten it, from the other side of a potential gateway. Several which sounded like they'd be detrimental to all life here, even if she heard so very little. The fear the kobolds had shown though, did support that quite a lot, in her opinion.

"I want to know your plans for these two though. I am not particularly fond of the idea of them being dragged off, by you, or any other. I don't trust any that I cannot get a read on, and you golems are irritating creatures in that regard. As such, who s to say they would not be harmed, as you *transported them to a safe location*?"

So far, there were no need for violence, but she were still weary of him, and wanted to hear what were to happen from here on out. It might present her with a moral dilemma. But she'd cross that bridge when she got there.

===============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 1/29/2021 at 2:09 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“You mean Razor? Well, he does sound as if he had to say something important to us and he looks agitated”

She turned he attention to Tepe, who shrugged nonchalantly, but nodded to tell them he agreed with what they are saying. Windy decided to gulp down her dessert, much to his horror and disgust though he didn't show it.

“Ahh, delicious. This is why blueberries are my favorite. A perfect combination for cheesecakes” she whispered in delight.

Seemed like she were on board, though frankly, Sorrow were amazed that the shoe hadn't dropped for Windy yet. She had seen Razor a few times now, and yet, she hadn't bit note in how others couldn't, due to the lack of energy floating through the air, and him not focusing enough to properly manifest. A ghost with some power, or who had trained enough, could be seen by others after all. Razor though... Ergh. He might have gotten some residual energy mixed in with him that could help, but she still hadn't seen others bite note. Except Tepe, but he were one himself, so that didn't count.

A hill to climb when it eventually happened though, right? Or well, a muzzlefull to take in, but that seemed an expression best used for how Windy were eating the rest of her desert. And if she had said that out loud, Sorrow would likely have ended up letting out a snort of laughter.

"Yeah, it's a pretty good combination. Though since you wolfed that down now, should we get going? Are everyone ready for it? It sounded like Razor really needed to get hold of us for some reason."

===========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 1/28/2021 at 11:45 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“It’s a shame… Why parents even choose to separate it beyond me. They chose to be together, raise a family, and then none of that matters? It’s even worse for the child who has to live and grow through that, even if the parents choose their child’s well-being over theirs. Sometimes, the world outside the forest really confuses me. Everything seems to go  one way, then suddenly things turn out different, and I’m back to knowing nothing.” 

"Sometimes, it just isn't an ideal world. As said though, most times things goes well, and at worst, the parents will do what they can to raise the child, even separate. Frankly it is the best sometimes, as it can be far worse for a child to see their parents argue constantly, or try to grasp why they seem to not spend much time together, if they can help it.

Other times... Well, to use myself as an example, my mother only stuck around until a little after I were born, then abandoned me with my father. She had gotten what she wanted from him at that point, and cared little for me. This is a situation which he could no control, and it left him the sole parent of me. I hadn't even seen her, before we found her. In some ways, I wonder if that were not the one kindness she actually showed both my brother and I. Not taking us with her, at least left us with a chance for a life. With her, we would likely have been simple pawns, like my father were...

*sigh* He were not perfect, but he did the best he could, with the cards he had been dealt."

And Rosa wished dearly that he could do something for him in turn, even if he knew it were impossible.

Thankfully, the talk and antics around them, made for good distractions, that kept him from thinking too much on this grim line of thought. So instead, he'd be able to focus on the continuing conversation, and a slice of pie more. Had to eat well while you had the chance, and it would be a shame to let these go stale.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:45 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Respectful bowing aside, a meeting with the elder is considered a formal affair. The longma are distrustful of outsiders, and aside from letting your actions speak for you, let your words mean what you say. Figurative expressions are not a thing to the longma, so one’s words must mean exactly as how they are said. Oh, and being patient about time also helps. That part allows the elder to consider everything that comes into making a decision, even if it takes longer than expected.” 

"Fascinating. So I would do best, in being direct, respectful, and try to decrease the amount of non-important talk, so we could get faster to the point? All whilst of course, presenting no hostile actions. I can do humble and neutral fairly well, though my words of warning will have to be spoken with some gravitas. Perhaps with documented evidence as well? Hmm... I don't think it would be easy to have you be as neutral in their presence, due to your history with your tribe, but it shouldn't be too difficult to have you find some examples of some of the things I warned Ghilan about. There are many documented cases as the varied illnesses, and aftermaths of bugbears. As well as detailed descriptions of everything. Which yes, includes rather grizzly images. It may be pertinent to get hold of some of that.

What I hear most of all though, is that one should be patient, and not push them out of impatience, yes? If they say they need to discuss things first, one shouldn't push against that, or make constant inquiries about their progress, I take it? As well as having the patience to let them deliberate as the meeting goes along? Sounds normal for a council of generally elder beings, deliberating as a council. Always adds more time, and it rarely goes well if you test them, by being impatient, and claiming your time is more worthwhile, than what they are discussing.

With a few exceptions that is. I know of a few leaders who will deliberately begin to drag things out, to see if those they speak with, have the spine to object to it. A matter of not wanting to deal with weak-willed politicians, who have it all in their muzzles. Some sort of combat tends to also be part of the ordeal after that, if you pass that test though, to varied degrees. I recall one place that required you to fell a wild boar, to be able to bring something before their leader. It were a... Special bunch to mingle with, to say it kindly."

@Midnight_Aurora

On 1/28/2021 at 12:33 AM, Midnight_Aurora said:

"It could be a friend's smell. There is still much I don't rightly know. Let's just see where this trail I am following leads."

**Eventually it would lead her towardd either the Golden Oaks Library or crystal castle.** (Depending on if and when the events involving Tirek happened.)

There were a few changelings in Ponyville, that traversed the town. One were hidden, whilst the other were hidden. The shark mare would wander towards the one she could see, as it reminded her of Cacora's smell, but he took off rather quickly, and the smell wasn't completely right either, so she let him go. Though her tail did wag a little as she saw him take off, and she briefly had the want to chase him down. She were still a predator after all, even if she knew ponies were not on the menu. A friendly chase would be okay though, right?

The other one she'd only get a whiff off, before they went away from them, and it were weaker. Hence she ended up just following Cacora, until she reached the currently empty castle. Princess Twilight were still out and deal with something with her trial guard, so to speak, and had yet returned. Spike would still be here if it were though. As would the weird garden the castle now had, which seemed to have varied bubble creatures floating through the air, herding benches, and a large tree, with a myriad of varied fruits on it, that shouldn't be able to exist on the same tree. There were also a good deal of flowery bushes, and a nice, granite path through the garden, so you could enjoy it all around the castle. Including the fountain, with a fish statue on top, which seemed to be making faces at them.

"*sniff* *sniff* Smell d-raa... Dra-cooo... Head friend."

Draconequus were too hard a word for her right now, so instead, she'd indicate an overly large head with her right, front hoof. She'd follow Cacora though, instead of going closer to this. At least currently.

@Midnight_Aurora

"This is where I heard about Spell Matrices this time around. But then I drank a memory restoration potion and regained a number of memories more than I had been awakened to. Knowledge is a powerful tool should it be used right. And for me it seems that Spell Matrices are the only way my power can stabilize and be wield-able normally. The Spell Matrix itself would only be a foundation for the formation of my spells, if my memory serves me right. I have a number of these scrolls from the cult. Many of them don't feel like they should be available to the untrained on this world. I want to bring them to the sisters for consideration and safe keeping but my magical instability, and my own currently personal desire to not see the sun and moon, prevents me from attempting the trip."

**When he says the last few sentences, he also points to a sack holding a number of scrolls.** "I took them from the cult so they didn't get themselves killed or worse, bring true darkness upon this world. A world protected by The Four Council and this world's All-Mother Alicorn."

"If you get yourself a pass from Princess Cadence, I will be able to share what I know of those things, though not before. Such are my contract, and I should know well. I methodically instructed her how to make it myself, to ensure there were no loopholes."

Demons could generally not be trusted to make their own contracts, as they'd leave themselves too much leeway, but the draft that Cadence had presented her with after freeing her, were laughable. There were too many situations where Vivid might be able to kill indisciminately, long as she covered it under a myriad of subsections, that technically made it okay. What happened when you only used a meter of scroll to sign a contract with any sort of demonic entities.

The scroll she had gotten them to sign at the end, could easily encompass their entire castle, and were too heavy for one pony to carry. Yet as those they had to look it over had to agree with too, the coverage were excessive, to the point of ludicrously specific at times, with sub-sections they had not even thought of, even if it made sense in hindsight. It gave Vivid some credibility to do this, though mostly, she wanted this contract to be made as it were, for her own sake. She had her... Bad days, and the contract meant that even if she lost herself in some emotional distress, she couldn't even accidentally kill somepony. It would physically stop her, as intended.

As for Silver, she'd look briefly over what he presented, but she couldn't say what were in the scrolls, so his words were unproven. Still, if he spoke the truth, it were best to keep them away indeed. Not something that should go into the wrong hooves.

"When you mention The Four Council, are you talking of the Elemental Elders? If not, you should remember those, as well as Karma. It is not wise to ignore the two main factions, dealing with the grand balance. Very bad things could happen, if they thought it needed to keep the world balanced.

In any case, cults should not have spells of power. They rarely use them well, and at best, would only hurt themselves. Rarely stops that easily though, does it?"

She'd send him a knowing look as they kept wandering. She had seen several things, and this were not her first cult. She had seen things. Sometimes even caused them, back when she were chained by demons, and forced to do their bidding. Quite a few dark things they had her do then, which thus far, the world seemed to thankfully have forgotten.

**To this Silverwing says,** "Your right. Normally one wouldn't remember their past existences when they undergo Rebirth. But a spiritual awakening to their chain of memories will allow one to remember. I have already under gone such an awakening. That's why the name Silverwing is so strongly connected to me. Also true rebirth and phoenix rebirth aren't all that different. The symbol for rebirth, where I originally am from, is the mythical Phoenix and if I understand Ancient Celestial as correctly as my memory is reciting it for me to understand, then I can say that my true name translates into one word....Rebirth. Plus Phoenix is just another language's word for Rebirth or to be reborn again."

**He then contemplates his next words carefully, before saying,**

"All beings and things are born. All beings and things live. All beings and things will eventually die. All beings and things are unified in death, only to be reborn again. The cycle of Rebirth in a nutshell."

"You live, you die, you move on, and eventually, you are reborn. That is how it should optimally be. Though sometimes, some are stuck here, for whatever reason, and disrupts their cycle. I know of it Even before this, I worked to guide those along to the next step. I have seen glimpses into the afterlife from that, but it is but a light, far from my reach. It felt peaceful though. Except for those who were wicked. For them, waits only Hades and his tormentors. Nothing good radiates from that harrowed light, and those sent to it knows it.

Still, as you say, some repeat the cycle within their own grand cycle. In time, you will die a final death too, and be reborn as an untainted soul. Though as it is, I will concur that you might be aware of many smaller cycles before you, as the phoenixes are.

I find myself jealous of yours. My soul is too tainted by now, from millennia of these dark powers, and regaining shape within the veil, when my physical form were laid low. When my time are truly at an end one day, it will become fully demonic. Where your path takes you, is outside of my reach. As one who have seen several underworlds, populated by demons of many kinds, I can assure you that even for the inhabitants, it isn't always that nice of a place. It depends on how one carves out their little nook and cranny, and makes use of it."

===============================================================================

@Califorum

On 1/27/2021 at 10:10 PM, Califorum said:

"That is quite...disturbing and disgusting if anything. I never delved into Soul magic or necromancy, rather just the draining of magic itself to increase my own strength. And shadow magic, not dark magic of that type. I would never do such a thing...if anything I'd only scare those into submission with my power." Magnolia had clarified. She was never one to mess around with that sort of magic and deadly curses of that nature. She wasn't stupid or bold enough to do such things.

"As said, it were a cautionary tale of what might happen, if one goes beyond the limits of what is acceptable darkness, and dives into the deep end. Not saying that necromancy can not be done in a beneficial, kind way though. There are ways, though none of those includes resurrection attempts. That is the sacrificial part, and there is after all a reason why sacrificial magic is outlawed throughout most of the known world."

As she talked, another cat entered the room. This one a nearly full black cat, that did not go over and rub up against anypony, like the orange tabby were. In fact, due to the attention that one had gotten, it kept rubbing against Magnolia, and purring. This other one though, just stood and starred at them in complete silence. A sight which seemed to make Scarcity's smile falter a minor amount.

Although Magnolia seemed to inch in her chair closer to Zeehva. Zeehva was the only one she trusted and related to. She had to ask though, "Who set you up for this...meeting?" Magnolia asked awkwardly, yet Scarcity could probably tell that she were nervous of the idea of meeting with someone who was hunting her down. She was sure they were quite powerful and Magnolia no longer had the power she had stolen.

"That would be My boss."

The voice would come behind Scarcity, who seemed to have her smile falter further. Whoever this were, she did not appear pleased about this fact. Neither did Zeehva, who also recognized the one the two of them could actually look at, and seemed as if she were worried about that fact.

1609022968221.thumb.jpg.f74d776aec4752e42feb72d77344631f.jpg

"Sonata, Falsetto, come here girls."

The cats would wander over to him, with the tabby rubbing itself on him, whilst the black cat just wandered more seriously at his side. Both of them would gt a few well deserved pats, for being such good, obedient cats.

"Operata Symphonia. What stone have you crawled out from underneath?"

"Sounds like somepony knows my name. Yet not a fan? Tsk tsk. Such a pity. But I'm not here to speak with you primarily anyway. My message is for the other one."

He'd use his horn to swipe a letter from within his suit, and have it land carelessly in front of Magnolia.

"Summoning letter. The boss wants you to keep it with you, and think about it. Burn it if you want though. Please. The Masked Council might send me to catch you more directly then, and I do so yearn for a little fun challenge. I'm sure you can bring your ward if you want. Rock Cruncher mentioned her as potentially useful to the cause. Something about gathering up magic."

He seemed to not much care for his job here, beyond the things he had been sent directly to mention, as ordered.

"A pity that one of their more charismatic members were not available."

"Not charismatic? Why, you hurt me, Scarcity. Have I not always been a gentlecolt to you?"

"After your last reprimande? Yes."

"Tsk. A minor understanding. Falsetto just wanted to play a little.

In any case, I am supposed to answer questions if this one have it. Magnolia, were it? The council is clear on this: I'm supposed to answer things, and my girls are not allowed to play rough with you."

"You best not. Magnolia is... S-She's my friend. I won't let you, or your pets hurt her."

"And in turn, I will make your world miserable, if you hurt my darling girls. Good to know where we have one another, mon cheri."

He'd give her a sly, flirtatious look and grin, which did not work. It seemed this one were not well liked, though he were rather arrogant too. That might be one of the reasons. Magnolia might more focus though, on how Zeehva had straight up called her her friend now. That might brighten her day up a little.

@abrony-mouse

On 1/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, abrony-mouse said:

"Great! Count to 60... no peeking." she half-teases - she had tried this on a few ponies, both adult and younger... and it was the older ones who tended to peek :P She soft hoofedly scuttles to the edge of the camp.

Fuchsia uses her knowledge of the area round the camp, gained when she had scoped it out before. She discounts a few of the more obvious bushes and goes for a trench in the boggy jungle ground, that had formed in the root system of two adjacent jungle trees. It was shielded by undergrowth from direct view of the camp, but would allow her glimpses of his movement and was close by, allowing for a surprise leap out if her prey gave her the opportunity.

She doesn't have much time, but she softly piles jungle debris on top of her lithe body and lies as flat as possible in the boggy ground. Once the count is up she will hope her hiding place resists his initial survey and bide her time while he explores alternative hiding places, waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump out >:3

Smokey wouldn't cheat. He'd patiently, and calmly, count to 60, with his back turned and eyes closed.

After the count were done as well, he wouldn't cheat via magic, and would instead wander around calmly, trying to keep his ears on stilts to register if there came some sort of sound that he could go by.

She blended in fantastically well he'd say, because he couldn't see her. Granted, he weren't as his very best, but still. You'd think her usually bright colors would mean that something would show. This were frankly very impressive work.

He'd be wandering towards the tent first, to check behind that, unless he heard a branch break, or some other form of indicator that she were elsewhere. It would truly come down to whatever or not Fuchsia were able to keep her sound down. Or even take advantage of it, by making a sound elsewhere, to distract him.

"Impressive work hiding your colors in the fauna, madamme. I can't spot a speck of the mare I saw before, and with your base colors, that is commendable work. Though I am not surrendering yet. I'll find you, sooner or later"

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Califorum

Cali would raise an eyebrow at Blitz. "...Fine. Lets see what you got." he relented and followed her outside. She looked at the fireworks with interest. "Tell me...what type of firework are those?"

"Forest stuff. Like sparkle bugs, color leaves, and snappy flowers. All sorta things in the Everfree Forest I can make go boom in pretty colors. I made for my idol, and she got really happy seeing it! It was a great day, hehe.

Making fireworks is a fun thing. Nopony hates fireworks, if it's done good. So I make sure it'd real good. Still gotta make better with the heads. They need faces to be perfect, and Pinkie Pie deserves perfect."

She were gleefully clapping her little hooves at the thought of that day. Been a happy, happy time for sure, and one she hoped to repeat at least a little someday soon. Pinkie Parties were amazing.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, Kujamih said:

"... Sure why not."

As Light, Cali and Blitz went out to light some fireworks, Nostalgia kicks in. Remembering when Light's life was peaceful.

"... Hmm..."

"See? Mistah Shiny also likes what he sees. Fireworks are a happy, happy thing for everypony!"

She bounced over and affectionately rubbed the side of her face against his legs, as if she were a cat. She frankly only missed the purring at this point, though that were currently not happening. At times though, she did have a tendency to let out a sound that were close too that.

She turned to Light “Skin care? Interesting. I'm always curious of how everypony take care of their own body other than trimming their coats and styling their manes and tails, and may I know what virgin oil is made from?”

"Oh, I was just messing about when I mentioned the oiling up, but y'know, there's an oil for every sort out there. Motor oil for machines, olive oil for the special sorts, bath oils for some others, and so on. Me? I like myself a good pomegrandade oil, in a good tub. Good cup of bath salts while one's at it too, and a good back crack if it's at a pro spa. Really helps just crushing those tensions outta ya.

Blitz is simpler. Give her a rubber ducky, some empty grenades and a tub, and she's set for a good half hour or so.

Anyway, if you folks wanna try a place with some good oils, you gotta go down main street, and pop in to Grease Monkey. He's a lil' special, but if there's a oil for anything, he'll have it, or can get it within a week. A good spa in town's also to be found, if you wanna swing by Bubble Stream's place. Nice fellah, and so are his employees. Ain't got a bad word about any of 'em."

Heh, just look at them. Talking oils and stuff. How had things gotten so derailed? Frankly he didn't know, but hey, whatever floated the boat, right? They had to keep the mood smooth, to avoid any sort of bad things going on with the two wonky ones, from a world beyond. He'd really prefer not having to go knock on at the O.M.I. and tell them that he may have a few extradimensional folks causing a mess in town.

Luna snorted “Trying hard to make your gift perfect is a sign of an undying loyalty. I like it” she let out a short laugh when Molotov talks about her job, “Don't worry, I'm a night guard. I don't always have to stand around like lifeless pony statues in a well-designed garden. Before I serve the princess, I serve to protect my own town from stray wild animals, I mostly patrol the streets surrounding the town hall”

"And right, not ignoring you Luna, just figured I'd sort this talk first, y'know? Anyway, bit of a perfectionist yeah. Can you imagine how it'd look if I presented something for her majesty, then it turned out that it weren't working? Or accidentally exploding? My ancestors would turn in their urns, if I went and did something that dumb.

And sure am loyal. My several-times-great grandfather, were a brilliant pony, but didn't have a bit to his name. Went everywhere, but couldn't get anypony to take him serious enough to finance his inventions. Princess Celestia herself bit note in what he could do though, and made sure he got properly funded. Were it not for her, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere, so frankly, most of us consider it an ancestral debt to give her 110%, and show her that the Boom family always were, and always will be, both loyal, and worth her time.

As a Night Guard, you get the point of loyalty for sure, right? Never met one who weren't staunch in their defense of Princess Luna. After she returned, anyway. But you say you rummage around and patrol the town hall, eh? Heard some unsavory types waddles aroud there sometimes. Ever had to deal with a real nasty one?"

• Brohoof 1

Light laughed at Molotov for taking him seriously about the oil.

" Hahaha hey i know it was a joke, and i replied back to you is also a joke... I didn't expect you to take it seriously. And besides.. i prefer not to oil my parts... So the pain and agony will become my constant reminder of my past."

Light tried to not get too attached to the filly... But who could resist her innocence. Not even Cali could resist Blitz charm... Is what Light thought.

".. Hey Blitz? You ever want to be a hero like pinkie pie? A hero that not only spread peace, but happiness and laughter?"

@Blitz Boom

16 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Smokey wouldn't cheat. He'd patiently, and calmly, count to 60, with his back turned and eyes closed.

After the count were done as well, he wouldn't cheat via magic, and would instead wander around calmly, trying to keep his ears on stilts to register if there came some sort of sound that he could go by.

She blended in fantastically well he'd say, because he couldn't see her. Granted, he weren't as his very best, but still. You'd think her usually bright colors would mean that something would show. This were frankly very impressive work.

He'd be wandering towards the tent first, to check behind that, unless he heard a branch break, or some other form of indicator that she were elsewhere. It would truly come down to whatever or not Fuchsia were able to keep her sound down. Or even take advantage of it, by making a sound elsewhere, to distract him.

"Impressive work hiding your colors in the fauna, madamme. I can't spot a speck of the mare I saw before, and with your base colors, that is commendable work. Though I am not surrendering yet. I'll find you, sooner or later"

Fuchsia smiled as she heard him call out to her, gauging where he was. She was glad that her sharp eye didn't spot any peaking or tell-tale magical aura. He really did seem a trustworthy sort.

Anyway, he wasn't about to gallop around the bushes looking for her giving her an easy target - but she hadn't expected him to. How to draw him near? She gets an idea. As quietly as she can, keeping an eye on him and stopping when he is close, she begins to bunch up a mud clod in her hoof ready to flick it to a nearby bush to create a distraction. 

As she lay there in the dirt, she also reflected on how much fun it was to meet another pony after the long days on the road. Sharing tails, comparing travels, cooking and now playing together :3 she had a good feeling about this stallion. Also, in the stillness of the jungle, punctuated by whoops of birds and the hum of insects, she relished their surroundings - its exoticness and the intrigue of the nearby temple. 

@Blitz Boom

Quickly gulping down the ice cream down to her stomach, Windy replied “Sure!” in a cheery tone.

However, outside. Bad news for Razor, his eyes widened in recognition upon seeing Shackles, Flinty, and Blunt, the latter staring into nothing as if he was daydreaming. They looked around, searching for something. As they entered a shop next to the restaurant where Sorrow, Windy, and Tepe are in, he quickly went to warn them. This time, he went through the window

“Hurry, the danger is nearby!" He yelled at them. Tepe stood up, confused.

“Danger? What kind of danger, sir?”

Luna cringed at the thought of Molotov's gift blowing up in front of Celestia's face, which could be the most embarrassing, plus be humiliated for unintentionally bringing harm to the same alicorn who helped him and his family.

But her ears perked when she heard him talk about her job again, about her loyalty and Princess Luna and another about her former job, which confuses her.

“The highness is the reason why we had magnificent night skies and taking out the nightmares as we sleep, I would like to pay the debt by serving her with all my life"

She decided to ignore the last question, and covered it up with more explanation, “I once don't appreciate the night and I hated taking the night shift back when I was a town guard in my place of birth. Before she arrive, it was nothing but pitch black, scattered stars with no patterns, and something vandalized the moon with a pony face. But suddenly, all of it changed and I began to like the night”

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Blitz Boom

Cacora's PoV

**Cacora observes the actions of those around her. She also observes via Empathy their emotional awareness. While her path does lead her to the castle. Those who left drew her curiosity. But something more draws her further forward.**

'I'll Check on these ones later. First this path. Curiosity requires completion.' **Cacora thinks to herself before continuing on.**

**Cacora says to the being,** "A potential friend? Maybe they may know what I seek. Why don't you lead? You know the scent better than I do. I would like to met this being you describe."

**Cacora then makes to follow the shark like pony. At least it's a path that may lead to some answers. She does look towards the castle. But being a curious being. She usually let's her curiosity guide her steps.**

Silverwing's PoV

**Silverwing contemplates what he hears and then says about the princess of Love/Crystal Princess,** "Mi Amorè Cadenza, also known as Princess Cadence. The current ruler of the Crystal Empire and guardian of the Crystal Heart. If I am also not mistaken, she has a daughter, with Shining Armor, called Flurry Heart. That is something I hope is accurate. I was hoping she might be of help in some way, as long as the sisters of the sun and moon don't learn I have come back."

**He then thinks for a moment about the cycle and the ones mentioned.** "The Four Council is the children of Father Light for whom which all creation came to be. Lunaria, the star of creation. Cosmo, the star of Existence. Souliana, the star of destruction. Al'Shinar, the star of Unity. Anihalar, the star of Annialation. Then lastly the Star of Rebirth. One whose name is only recorded as Rebirth. These are the four council I speak of. But don't get me wrong, I am no God amongst mortals. I am a child of creation just like any other, awaiting my time to fulfill my purpose. But yes, I have heard of them. But I have also heard of the All-Mother Alicorn and her Tarot Council of Alicorns. Many of whom have been forgotten by most. Two of which reside within Equestria at this time as shadows of their former selves."

**As she speaks of their paths leading different ways, he listens and then when she finishes, he says,** "Not precisely accurate but close. Every soul had a number of lessons it must learn. The lives lived learns a number of these lessons. You, my dear, are not one who should consider themselves bound to a fate that can't be changed. All paths are possible and no matter how tainted by the children of the darker realms you may be, a light I still see shining within you. Mother Void can't claim those bound within the light. The final end for all who are truly tainted of the darkness itself. As for your place in creations greater plans, I know not. Only your own soul would know that answer. My path ends when all creation has been truly reborn. That is my purpose and my true name. But more on that at a later time."

**Silverwing then stands from his makeshift camp and says,** "Would it be possible to seek her majisty, Lady Cadenza's aid? Maybe she will allow this old one a moment's time before the Crystal Heart. I know how to reclaim 'The Ever Living Spell Matrix' from it without harming it or it's purpose. I just need to see it to know. That or having an exchange with the sisters, for the book I previously mentioned. Spell Matrices 101: An introductory Guide to All things Spell Matrix. Would either be viable? I can hold off my next Mana surge a little longer for it."

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@Blitz Boom

Sen remembered the implications behind Rosa’s words… about his mother and how that turned out. It felt like a distant memory once before it all came rushing back. Circumstances notwithstanding, it was still a terrible thing, parents leaving for one reason or another. Even if there was a shred of kindness hidden under those things, it may only be that way in hindsight or if somepony really thought about it real hard.

From here, the siblings would keep the conversation going on their other topic, out of respect of Rosa and his personal thoughts. Bringing this up further could cause some unnecessary heartache, and this evening wasn’t the time for it. Sen continued munching on his slice of pie before moving on to something new, while Lin would grab the remnants of the pineapple pie she split between herself and Shrimp. 

“I’m sure the elders will appreciate meeting someone who can help them make sense of the outside world. That is, if they are considerate enough to get out of their ‘not-our-problem' mentality. Not all of them are like that, but most of them are.”

“You got the basics, Rosa. Give the elders time to understand and be sincere with your words. They could come around to something new. I’m sure that might be a nice change of pace from violent ordeals, right?”

“Oh, before I forget. You may also want to be aware that the elders could summon a lot of guards to watch you, even while discussing things with them. That does not happen when elders meet among themselves or with fellow longma, but with foreign creatures… it’s something to expect.” Lin jovially added, though there was probably some truth to her words. 

No elder had dealt with foreign creatures, so it wouldn’t be out of the question to expect that kind of response. Security is one thing, but having a whole detail watching your every move is something else. Some would say they’re lucky they got the treatment, but having a whole group of longma with spears just waiting for you to make a mistake is no joke. It’s like a pack of wolves circling their prey, one wrong move could spell disaster. 

“Out of curiosity, have you dealt with difficult leaders in the past? Do you have any experience with someone who just got on your nerves?”

@Blitz Boom
Luckily for Leviathan, her accident went seemingly unnoticed as Charir and Ruby had their focus elsewhere, mainly the roar, though Ruby was also still busy with her meal, a simple roar didn't startle her enough to interrupt her, she was too used to such noises. Charir stopped what he was doing and sharpened his senses, scanning the area with all of his senses for threats, this was an instinctual reaction, since loud roar usually meant a big dragon, or in case big chimera. He looked around a bit before looking at Ruby and Leviathan in that order, and if Leviathan was still dealing with the frozen meal, he would be bit confused but wouldn't judge her. 

Ruby tossed what was left aside and stood up straight, opening her airways as much as she could "Then let's play." she then let out a roar of her own, which was quite impressive for her size, after which she cleared her throat few times and let out a small flame from her mouth "It has been a while since I last roared, I'm bit out of practice." It had impressed Charir at least, as the poor dragon was frozen in fear for a while before he realized it had been Ruby that had done it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When they were spotted, Scarecrow did his usual nod-greeting.

Scarecrow didn't really buy the part about hawks, mostly because the mare's eyes were directly towards him and not Crow, he may have lacked eyes himself, but he still knew how they worked., so he knew when someone stared at him and not past him. "Don't worry, It'll stick with me." he simply said, the meaning being quite more literal than one would think. The good thing about not knowing how to move his face was that Scarecrow didn't accidentally show his suspicion through movement of his eyes or other such things. 

He quickly dug through his limited memories as deeply as he could, trying to figure out if he was supposed to recognize this mare from somewhere, but as to be expected, there was no sign of her in his mind, besides of course their earlier meeting.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"If I wanted to get a connection, I wouldn't be here talking to you about a broken piece of dungeon, only thing related to the systems I may do is to find the generators and make sure they will never again turn on." Solar said, showing the first hint of real emotion in form of slight frustration "That aside, the possibility of open gateway and other creatures from our world is exactly why I'm investigating every lead, I have no experience on magical portals as luckily the sisters are yet to figure that out in our Equestria, so that part is dealt with by someone who knows more about that, I only look into things I know, and since currently I am the one with most information about our world, my job is to evaluate the threat posed by things related to it." "I will of course be joining the body-retrieval troop, as there's potential threats outside this worlds understanding." 

The siblings stayed quiet as they were interested on what the guard had to say, because even if they didn't trust him, they knew that he was currently their only source of information when it came to things related to their arrival here.

"I have no plans to drag them anywhere, they'll be staying in the hospital as long as they need to, and after that, I don't know, as I'm not the one who's responsibility that will be." "You will be seeing me around though, as I will be helping with their adaptation into this world, both for their and this world's safety, since especially the first weeks will be challenging, I know from experience." 

"Also, while it is one of the least insulting things I have been called, I'm no golem, I'm natural born pegasus, The Solar Army just has required upgrades one has to take in their body to get where I was, that's why I'm only half natural now." 

he then started to head out "And before I leave, I'm sure you're curious even if you didn't ask, your species, changelings, they no longer exist in our world, you were wiped out long before I was born. Not only are you extinct, most don't know you even existed in the first place, as the sisters felt that you're not worth putting into history books." he then gave a annoyingly friendly smile "Also, you probably should let the doctors and nurses do their jobs, based on your actions towards me and the lack of guard on the door, I'd say it's safe to guess that you have been....hindering them." he then left if he wasn't stopped. 

Assuming he was allowed to leave, after he was gone, both Trox and Sheska let out a relieved sigh, and Sheska said after few profanities "They look.. lot worse.. from close." to which Trox continued "And scarily similar... to the Nightmares."