Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Seeing the reactions from the other visitors made for some interesting memories. Frankly, Sen understood Rosa’s logic, but not in the execution. A distraction was something he agreed with as it got things moving, but Omen really going in on it and just starting a whole chain of conversations with varying outcomes…. It was unexpected, especially with the run-in with someone from her past. Whatever happened back then must’ve been interesting, and Sen couldn’t help but chuckle before stopping himself before someone got the wrong idea. 

By then, Lin hung back for a bit to really take in the sights and the amusement from simply watching things unfold. Things were getting funny, and she was learning more from this little diversion. A simple few minutes spent waiting turned out to be a lot more interesting. By then, she was convinced that Omen could possibly carry a conversation based on how others perceived her. Then again, the same could be said about the longma and their strange appearance. 

Once the griffons got their pictures and left, Sen quickly approached Omen and examined the business card left with her. 

“The fashion types, huh? I never really understood what fashion was. Or why dressing up is a thing in general. Come on, Omen, let’s join the others. Seeing how that unfolded, you handled that pretty well. You’ve got all those odd looks on you and you just ignore it like its nothing. You gotta to teach me that.”

Meanwhile, Lin was waiting with Rosa, waving to Sen and Omen to join them. The sight was something to remember, if only for the humor. It was a nice distraction from the odd looks, though she could still see a few other ponies staring. By then, she took Rosa’s words to heart and did her best to ignore them and focus on the things that mattered, at least to her. Still, there was something that piqued her curiosity.

“Rosa, did you know that was going to happen?”

Edited by EQ_Theta

Spoiler

"There you are, child."

The cloud would stop as it encountered Calamity. As she reached out to touch it, the cloud too would reach gently towards her, but when she were stopped by another, the cloud retracted too.

"Child. You don't have anything to fear. I wouldn't harm this precious sliver of unrefined chaos. I only came to help."

The cloud would coalesce, and the lily pads spread out, before a form would emerge from the dissipating clouds.

Eight spindly, long legs would gently land on the lily pads. Each of them a different color, and leading into a dark-multicolored torso. Behind it, an abdomen, dangled, following the same pattern of darker rainbow colors that the torso did, with a marking on top. One that looked like a cackling, malnourished equine face, which if you looked on it, would move to look at you with its empty eyes. Sockets carrying a sense of malice, yet there were a circle of mint-green clouds dancing around and through it, which radiated the same calm that the cloud had before. It would mean that the more you looked, the more there would be both a duality of fear and peace that would go through you, though which one were noticed the most, would wary by how the viewer felt. If they were balanced, it would be neutrality, and the face would be smiling in their eyes.

As for the rest of the being, the torso would change from the thin, almost bone-like spider beneath, to a risen body of a mare, belly upwards. She'd be thin and much like the face, seeming malnourished, with visible ribs showing. Instead of front legs, she would have no arms or legs, but just free floating dark hands, with clawed, elongated fingers, which were currently gathered together, palm to palm.

Further up the dark-grey equine body, you'd find it ending in an equine head. Malnourished as the one on the back, with the skin seemingly just covering the skull. From her head sprang minty-green, long hair, which despite being clearly rather thin, still somehow managed to spring lusciously and long, and gathering in three formations to the back, and sides of her head. The formations being simple circles, looping perfectly. And within each of those circles, were a small, golden figure. One looking like an open maw, within a maw. Another like the head pictured on her abdomen. And the third of a hand, clutching a coin.

Her teeth were looking like they had been cleaned in mossy water, and as she opened her eyes, you'd find that there were little more than pure darkness, with a small, flickering yellow light deep within each of them.

The whole look of the essentially malnourished, gangly drov-like creature, should be inducing fear to those around her, and yet she radiated only peace and calm. Even in her eyes, one would find only kindness and warmth, though it didn't seem fitting of the creature, which had the height of an alicorn, and floated on the lily pads, a quarter meter above ground

Some other things seemed to be worn by her. Each leg had a golden ring near the *knee*, with three of them inscribed with a name each. *Avarice* *Consumption* and *Fright*. The rest seemed blank for now.

She also had small bowls floating near her, each filled with seeds, or water, which birds would soon land and enjoy merrily of.

There were also floating a somewhat large assortment of ornaments around her body, in varied patterns. They were all no bigger than half a bottlecap, yet several of them seemed to be too complex to have always been said size, and there were seemingly hundreds of them too.

Her eyes would seek Calamity's own, and with a smile on the nearly lipless, darkened face, she'd begin to speak. Which seemed to radiate from her, rather than being spoken with her mouth.

"It is good to meet you, child. I am Fright, though some of my students have come to call me Lily Pad."

==========================================================================

@Blitz Boom

The sight of such a creature would've naturally struck fear into her, but Calamity didn't find herself to either be relaxed or filled with fear, even if Lily Pad wasn't what somepony would expect. She took in the great amount of accessories and limbs, feeling sudden unease at the amount of legs that protruded from her body. She glanced back at the cloud, lost in thought.

Calamity could only assume that this creature was a fellow draconequus like her, but that raised a few questions. Were she and Discord not the only ones like they had believed so long? If not, then where do draconequui reside, or do they just appear in times of trouble? Had Discord lied about others like them existing out there, as a way to keep her from remembering anything about her past? She knew he only wanted to protect her, but she seemed to think there was much more to his excuses than just that.

There had to be an explanation for three draconequui now making themselves known in Ponyville.
Sure, Discord hadn't decided to move to Ponyville until she got accepted into the School of Friendship, but the sudden appearance of a third draconequus in the town was quite suspicious.

She took notice of the golden rings, recognizing that 'Fright' was Lily Pads name, so she could only guess the others must be names as well, or code names for others she knew. She couldn't help but think, were she destined to be one of those engraved into one of those rings?

"You.. know me? I'm pretty sure I'd recognize you if we've met before. What are you here to help me with? I don't exactly need help, or I don't think I do."

On 2021-02-28 at 6:36 PM, Blitz Boom said:
On 2021-02-26 at 11:51 PM, Fuchsia said:

"Thought we were gonnas..." she says and then giggles, a little hysterically before bursting into tears.

She will wave him off if he makes a move towards her, and she quickly shakes her head to clear it. "I',m ok. Let's find a way out or some way up where the walls are thinner." she manages a grim smile, determined to pull herself together and not think too much about being trapped. 

Billowing had indeed made a move. Towards going over and putting a hoof on her shoulder, that were. Seeing somepony burst into tears like this, meant they needed support in his mind. Something he still thought, even if she waved him off currently.  Yet if she did not want this sort of attention, he could not force it upon her. Not unless the situation were far more dire at least. With her as a pony that were. Not the situation they found themselves in, regarding the temple they were seemingly trapped in for a time now.

"From what I can see, there is only one way to traverse for now, and that still goes down a little. I assume it may be leading to the central chamber, though we will just have to walk and see for ourselves.

On the bright side, the lights stil work, and the temple appears to still be letting in air. Combined with the rations, I say we have a good week to find a way out of here, before we run out. That should be plenty enough time."Rule number four of adventuring: Always bring extra rations. You can't predict what's going to happen.

Fuchsia is breathing shallowly and her ears are flat to her pony head, but she is reassured a little by Billowing's calm voice sounding out in the dank silent space, giving homely adventuring advice :3 As the sense of what he says filters in she calms further and she is visibly more calm though still on edge.

On 2021-02-26 at 11:51 PM, Fuchsia said:

She raises a bauble to the walls to see how deep and thick they are and she taps them with a hoof. The sound and damp feel to the air suggest they are now underground. The light shows that the walls are painted here, as they were above. These painting similarly show deer kind but are less eroded. In the picture the deer are travelling into a forest, led by a might stag. The painting shows something behind the deer, but the painting is smudged - Billowing can barely make out the strangely sinister presence of a few creatures that looks vaguely cat-like that seem to be following or... hunting... the deer herd.

Looking around, there were something of interest here. Depictions, less eroded than the ones upstairs. These showing some kind of leader for the deer, followed by odd, feline creatures. Though depictions like these were not exactly perfect, given the time period they were from. Which mean tthat there were several feline entities this may be.

"Hmm... This temple may have been here before the deer, and they took over. Or it were a place for them to make a stand against something chasing them? A dispute perhaps? The depictions of the attackers are sadly too vague for me to get much, though... It may sound mad, as they have not historically gone this far into Equestria, but... It may be sphinx. These sorts of temples have been favored by their kind in the past, and if the deer attempted to run from a deal perhaps, they would be hunted down. For their sake, I hope it were just the sphinx wanting to enslave them, if it truly were them. There is a reason why no sane being attempts to break a sphinx deal, including themselves. It have consequences."

He'd move on, and found a small section of wall that seemed scorched once, though a small part were still visible. Depicting an altar, with a dark-furred deer on top, with something headed down to it. It were too darkened to tell, but he felt it were reasonable to assume some sort of blade might have been part of it.

Fuchsia listens dumbly to Billowing's voice, still too in shock from being trapped to fully take in the details of the stag and the deer, but the idea of the deer fleeing into the temple depths does resonate with her. She nods that they should go further in and as Billowing leads on, she cautiously follows him, brandishing her spirit catcher. She removes it briefly to observe about the deer: "If they escaped and found this place... then maybe there's an escape tunnel?"  Her voice is still a little trembly. 

He'd move on, and found a small section of wall that seemed scorched once, though a small part were still visible. Depicting an altar, with a dark-furred deer on top, with something headed down to it. It were too darkened to tell, but he felt it were reasonable to assume some sort of blade might have been part of it.

"I think this temple have more than one story to tell. If not, the stag that lead the deer, may not have been the true enemy depicted on this other section... Most peculiar.

Let us go further in. Doesn't seem like there are more of these here, but I get the feeling that we will see more incriminating things, the closer we get to the main chamber. This place may hold history that the deer would rather be forgotten. Exciting, isn't it?"

He felt rather giddy honestly. Forgotten history tended to be the best kind, and this may be a sliver of that, even if it were not as well presented anymore, as it once were.

Fuchsia has calmed by the time they find the next picture. She peers at the deer at the top of the temple with her bauble and sees the blade. "A sacrifice?" she wonders aloud. "Could they have been... taken here to be..." she shivers, trailing off, thoughts going to dark places. Though she is more spooked by the temple than Billowing, she is taken in by the mystery of the temple. She wonders if Billowing's theory is true - breaking a Sphinx pact? It would fit with the Saddle Arabian clothing the deer seem to be wearing.

(edited)

@Califorum

On 2021-02-28 at 8:00 PM, Magnolia said:

"Decades to you...are but a short time but to us, it is a very long time. Do you remember your days less since you experience more of them? My days were all the same...blending together as I'd hunt like a predator for what I wanted." she spoke rather honestly at that. And then Magnolia thought about the socks thing.

Gretha wouldn't have done anything bad. She simply lead them gently on top, and deposited them on the saddle. It were flat on top, so they shouldn't just simply slide off, even if this were mainly meant for larger creatures.

"Us dragons have long memories, but the longer we live, the more cluttered it would become to remember it all. I remember things that are important, and the faces of those I have met i recent decades, but some things are gone. Blending together, as you say.

It is not an issue to remember day to day things though, long as there is something happening. Were it all routine, or I wasted my time sitting on a hoard, years could go by at a time, with barely anything getting noticed. I've lost track of entire decades like this before, but that is the burden of a long life. Those nice young mares, Celestia and Luna, likely have the same, to some degree."

Once the two were settled in, Gretha would rise up, and spread her wings, before flying up into the air. Not far from the treetops, and though Zeehva had looked nervous and unsure if they would fall off, the motion had been smooth. No shaking, or moving to a side. It were as if they were still standing on solid ground, so falling off that simply, shouldn't be happening. Though even if it did, they both had magic to use that'd likely keep them up again.

On 2021-02-28 at 8:00 PM, Magnolia said:

"I-I think you would look good in socks, Zeehva. Maybe myself as well. I haven't felt comfy in well...ever." Magnolia had frowned. 

Considering everything, this was a slightly baffling statement, coming from Magnolia. Yet once the surprise had settled, Zeehva would respond with a small smile to the statement.

"Thank you. I used to wear them once I started to go through the motions to integrate with the zebras, I started to lose that want, outside of cold weather. They think it more fitting that their hooves should touch the ground, and not be obstructed if it can be helped. It's a strange, cultural thing, but it has a lot to do with culture, and my husband... He came from a traditional area. It were even frowned upon at first, that he were courting a pony, rather than another zebra.

But uhm... A-Anyway, socks, yes. They can be comfy. Maybe we should try and find you a pair sometimes, and see if they'd be so for you? It never hurts being comfortable."

Gretha would let the small ones talk, as she silently, and calmly, flew towards Deltrot in the far distance. Seems like they had really been far into the woods.

==================================================================

@Silicon Chimera

Orchid listened in fascination to what he were being told. A filly had died, and ended up possessing a doll,  made to be her companion? A most unusual tale, but it would explain the stitching on his peculiar companion. It weren't scars, but actual stitching, made to keep parts of a stuffed animal together. What a wondrous example of life finding a way, even if tragedy were part of it.

"A plush once made for company, becoming alive through tragedy. A tale both poetic and sad, yet one with one outcome, to make one glad. Life not ending, but blossoming anew. Within your stitching, the energy flew.

Yet is the energy of a soul all you carry, or are she still present, yet dormant and weary? A soul is both memory, and a mass of energy. You may have only gotten the last, though maybe in time, we could check somewhat fast? After all us zebras have ways to commune with the past."

Their food would show up not long after that, delivered by a regular sized mare in a dress, who didn't make a sound as she moved around, which might make Silicon jump a little. She tended to have that effect on others at least, though she'd be on her way again before anything might be said. There were more work to be done.

==================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 2021-03-01 at 12:47 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“Pfft, yeah whatever. It doesn't matter, everypony in this jolly country still has ice in their hearts for changelings”

"Not at the Moonlit Thicket. Even right after the attack on Canterlot, they didn't exclude changelings. Hay, they even have a hive come several times a year to perform at some of the festivals. I don't know if you know them though. Hive Cheshire? It's a small one from Las Pegasus."

It were not an especially well known hive, as it were small, and the members complete pacifists, which to many changelings, traditionally made them seem rather weak. Their queen wasn't even welcome to any of the rare gatherings the Council of Queens made. Yet if you liked theater, they were one of the most open hives you could find, and actually running performances out of one in Las Pegasus. Under some scrutiny, of course.

As for the town in question, the Moonlit Thicket were a primarily bat pony forest town of some size, near two other towns in the same natural area. One with mostly pegasi, and another which were exclusively for breezies. The last one of those were not somewhere just anypony were allowed to enter, but the others were, with the Moonlit Thicket being a very tourist friendly area, running celebrations, carnivals, and so on, several times each year. It were a good way for the town to earn bits, with the time in between mainly focused on getting ready for the next, and otherwise mundane, day to day stuff, like growing produce in the forest. The area had an incredibly low crime rate, so it were a rather peaceful place to be, between festivities.

"A-Anyway, I'm just saying that there are some who don't judge, just based on what you are. No creature is inherently bad after all, right?"

A lesson taught to her family, as otherwise, the necromantic aspects of what they could do, would make it fairly easy to judge them as being evil. Made it important to learn that things were not simply black and white.

Sorrow met Windy's side glance with her own, which had a certain sadness in it, as she felt like she had accidentally hit a very sore spot for Cimex. Which were certainly not something she had intended to. She were just being paranoid because of the situation. Not because she were a changeling. But from her perspective, Sorrow could see why it might look otherwise. It was a sad situation quite frankly, and she wasn't sure if she could manage to make Cimex believe her on this. She'd try though.

On 2021-03-01 at 12:47 AM, Windy Breeze said:

The floor is painted with beautiful velvet red, and the walls are gloomy grey-blue. There wasn't much inside other than two shelves lining on the wall, one small tan table with a flower base on top and one cushion on the floor, and few paintings on the wall. There was doorless doorway on the front, showing a few furnitures of what I would expect to see in a kitchen.

“This is the door to your bedroom” entering, I saw her standing next to a brown door.

The room presented to them were somewhat scarce in nature, but it had the essentials. And it wasn't as if this were supposed to be a large dwelling for prolonged living anyway. It were a hideout. It were rare that such places had fully build in facilities, and so. Frankly, this were among the better hidden rooms Sorrow had personally seen. It were also more colorful, with her personally enjoying the velvet coloring more.

"T-Thank you. Your hideout looks nice, Cimex. I've seen some before, but most aren't this well kept. Mostly just bunkers under the basement."

Sorrow would wander forward, and open the brown door, before moving on. Just a little more, and they'd be hidden away for a time, so they could think of what to do next.

*sigh* This whole thing were really spinning out of control, huh?

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-03-01 at 11:36 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Just stay close, Charir may look for your input on how he should react, so you being there and not reacting too strongly should help him to realize it's not something to be concerned about." Ruby explained as she started to land "I doubt there will be much trouble as he's not stupid, just young, and even with my kind's view on magic, the concept isn't too hard to understand." "The main concern is that he gets cocky and thinks I'm easy target in my other form, unlikely but possible outcome." 

Leviathan gets a small smirk on her face, as Ruby finishes her last sentence, though inside, she let out a silent sigh of relief, at not being told to just leave, while they did their thing. It had been an irrational thought perhaps, but it were a concern she couldn't deny being present at the time. Thank the dragon lord that it hadn't come to fruition.

"And if he made the mistake of thinking you prey, he gets to learn a valuable lesson about not judging a book by its cover. Though I doubt he'd do that. He'd still know it were you, and he's sadly still too afraid of you, to make me even think that he'd be willing to try."

Guess she'd see soon, as they would eventually land, and Ruby would begin her grand show. Or well, she'd transform herself into a lesser being, so maybe not *grand* per se. It were more akin to a changeling, who turned themselves into a rabbit. An interesting sight, yet not something that would shock the world.

If there was nothing else, they would land and Ruby would explain the situation to Charir before transforming to her pony form, and assuming Leviathan didn't react in a weird way, it went relatively well, Charir being mostly curious, if bit uncomfortable, he could indeed feel Ruby through the necklace's magic, so the contradiction between his other senses and that was unpleasant. Ruby also showed the dragon's eye that was hidden behind the zebra necklace, which was both intriguing and slightly scary to Charir.

Leviathan promptly didn't react badly to seeing the transformation, but just kept on looking like she usually did when it came to Ruby. That being with kindness, and warmth. It might be she were in a lesser hide now, but it were still her, and thought it were tempting to act shocked and appalled, for a good laugh, she wouldn't mess with Charir's head that much. Not on this, anyway. It wouldn't make things get any smoother, and she doubted he had much understanding of the concept of joking around. Not with his and Ruby's background.

As the dragon eye came forth, Leviathan felt a certain tingle too. It were hard not to, considering what it were. Charir had a bigger reaction, as he seemed to her, to be somewhat worried of the thing, even if understandably, he likely felt an urge to have it as well. A common reaction for a dragon she'd say, though it were never easy to say what way one of them would react, to any given thing. Sometimes it went well, other times... Not so much. Though at least he hadn't tried snatching this. She assumed that meant that he could still feel it were Ruby, and therefore didn't have any desire to test her.

"He seems to be taking this okay, all things considered. Can he still feel that it's you underneath all that fur? I'm thinking yes, and that's why he haven't tried anything, even when you're showing off your jewelry."

=============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

He didn't mind the cows investigating him, after all, that was why he was here, he even tried to carefully pet them if they let him "That does make me curious of what I taste like, if a animal was to bite me, would they taste plant or the taste of my true form." not necessarily important thing to know, but it was interesting thought nonetheless. Regardless of if the cows let him pet them or not, Scarecrow would stay close to them until they lost interest or something or someone else gave him reason to leave them, it felt kinda nice to have a trust of an animal like this.

"I mean no offense, but I sincerely hope we will never have an answer to that question. Your true form were not something I would advice any living creature to ingest, as it seems potentially toxic in nature. These gentle creatures should not suffer under such a thing, nor should any others."

The way Scarecrow looked right now, were just an elaborate illusion, so if he did get bitten, the only taste any creature would get, were that of his true form. Which yes, may well have some rather bad effects on the ones trying to ingest it. Or at the very least, likely leave a horrid taste in their mouths, which would make them need to go and wash their mouths out with pure sugar.

The cows wouldn't mind getting petted at all, and would moo calmly. They were used to this sort of thing from the Apple family, so casual pets, and lingering around ponies, were normal for them. Even if these two were a little weirder looking than normal ponies, and the bird looked at them like it were contemplating whatever or not they were potentially dinner. But that was a regular look from a bird of prey, and they were much too big for Crow to fly off with, so they were not afraid of it.

It'd be a few minutes before they lost interest, and would be on their way once again, after a few nice words from Lyriel. Not any that Scarecrow would be able to understand, but the dryad tongue were not exactly easy to understand, if you were not part of those creatures intended to understand it. 

"Such gentle creatures, these cows. Never anything akin to what I saw, back before the valley lost the last animals it once had, but I would not have minded. Their presence is rather soothing.

They seem to think the same of you, so the disguise holds well. Earth Mother be praised that the draconequui did her job on this well. Dreadful as it were, something good at least came from our experiences within the forest. Would you like for us to find other animals, or have you something else in mind? I am not sure what else to show you here, beyond the most sacred of their trees."

===============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Before we get to the answer, I must say that I can understand your dislike of your new look, especially if you want to be intimidating or really anything that's not harmless and cute."

Onache took no offense to this, but rather just scoffed slightly, as she were irritated to some degree, about how true it were. It were rather hard to make a creature fear you, when you looked like this.

"If I wish to be intimidating, I can pick a form for that, though I am not required to cause fear where I wander anymore. It would go against the idea of showing that my hive have improved to be less dangerous for the prey. Yet I am used to a form more sleek and clean than this, so it takes time to adjust. Especially with this fur I now have, which seems to be a thing which will define my hive, as my last drone showed this kind of mane as well, when he changed."

Frankly, she thought it looked better on him, but she always had a certain fascination with Happy Hour. For various reasons throughout the time, yet now that there were just the two of them left, she would eventually be able to act upon one such interests, that she had kept down, as she did not wish to lay more eggs than needed, to avoid needing to cull them. Now there were just two of them though, and she no longer had to fear her nymphs would starve, she could be more lenient on such things. After she had dug the proper chambers out underneath the temple, of course. What point where there in having eggs, if the chambers were not prepared for them? The nymphs might wander off and get hunted in the dunes, if they were raised above ground, for the first while of their lives.

That being what it were though, the kobolds would soon begin to talk about what sort of magic they made use of, as well as what were present in the world they came from. Which did indeed include some darkness, but not in the classic sense perhaps, as it were mostly spoken off as being from the twisted realm of Nightmare Moon. A peculiar variation on magic, yet she had some idea of what it might be, considering what little she knew of this corrupted visage of Luna.

"It sounds as if you don't know much details of your magic, though it is interesting that you can siphon magic off from other things. It is not a common ability, far as I am aware, yet could be useful in certain situations. It may be an idea in time, for you to carry enchanted gems with you, though you'd have to be tested properly. If you use the wrong kind of magic, without being attuned, it may well end poorly. The library these ponies have, within the castle, should likely hold some tomes that would be useful for you there. Education seems inclusive to many things in this town, judging from what I have seen lurking around some of their minds."

Were it nice of her to spy like that? No, but it were what she did. It helped her know how to adjust to others, or if need be, how to adjust them. In small ways, of course. She were supposed to be better, so enslaving this entire town to her will, would likely not end favorably.

"I don't understand what you mean with artificial magic though, nor grasp much of your *technology*. It were not a common thing to find, in the desert my hive once lived in. Nor the surrounding areas. If one lost a leg there, a new would be carved of wood. Not of metal. I will assume this is better?"

She'd get a demonstration that showed off some of what his leg could do, though it were still curious. It looked like some kind of changeling magic, but it did not stand for much pressure, and seemed to just function until he moved. Which even for an illusion, were somewhat shoddy. But it sounded as if these parts were not highly functional either. It'd be curious to see if anyone in this world though, would be able to repair that.

"...Were that an illusion? Or a shimmer, if nothing else? It seemed like some degree of imperfect camouflage at least. Is that part of the metal? Is that this *artificial magic* you speak of? Magic sealed into a metal casing like yours?"

=================================================================================

@Neoeryn

15 hours ago, Neoeryn said:

"You.. know me? I'm pretty sure I'd recognize you if we've met before. What are you here to help me with? I don't exactly need help, or I don't think I do."

"We never met, dear child, but I have known of you for some time. A student of mine came through this town several moons past, and found a draconequus she had yet to even hear off. Our kind are not the most plentiful out there, yet there are still a fair number, and one coming into existence, or activating their powers in some notable way, tends to cause a ripple. I felt this, several times over the years, though I had no idea of you, until I were told of you. When she spoke me your name, I felt a need to come and see for myself how you might do, and offer my help to you."

Fright would move somewhat close, and then fold her legs underneath herself. Essentially sitting, with the lily pads still floating where the tips of her legs stood.

"Our kind are rooted in our names, and it spells what we were created to cause. Calamity is a sad thing to have befall others, and I can see clearly that you are not a soul with a want to cause harm. She told me the same. That you were an innocent soul, but things still happened near you. Things which could cause destruction, in many ways. I wished to personally come, and offer you my help, to find a way to utilize what you are, and what you can do, in a positive way. Before your powers grow exponentially, and you may find it harder to resist the nature of your name.

I know this can happen, as I were once living up to my name as well. Yet I have found that things are never that simple, and even we, who are molded around aspects most regular creatures would find bad, can change for the better. We do not all need to be, as it is not many of even our kind, that represents something inherently destructive. Yet we are spirits of disruption to the norm, to various degrees. Some such as yourself, having a higher risk than some of lesser impact. Like Avarice.

In any case, some of us can become the best they can on their own, but help is often needed for our kind. Even Discord needed help to change to something better, from what I have heard. Yet it have been millennia since he and I last met. I know not personally, how he does now. I only know how he once were, and it pleases me that he are no longer so.

Ask what you wish of me child, and I will answer. Though I ask you to ponder this: Do you have complete control over what you can do? Or are there times when you fear what you might be capable of, even if you don't mean to do so? I sense no evil without you, that would lead you ti wish harm upon others. Yet our powers cannot be held down. It needs to manifest, in one way or another. I only wish to help you find a way to do so, in ways that may benefit those around you, rather than cause them potential harm."

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-03-01 at 2:18 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“The fashion types, huh? I never really understood what fashion was. Or why dressing up is a thing in general. Come on, Omen, let’s join the others. Seeing how that unfolded, you handled that pretty well. You’ve got all those odd looks on you and you just ignore it like its nothing. You gotta to teach me that.”

Omen would look around her, before responding to this. As per the agreement, she wanted to see if there were other longma around first, as this would include Discord, and she had promised not to mention his name around others of their kind. It didn't seem like there were any though, so she were seemingly free to respond.

"Master Discord said not to think too much about it, when others looked at you. What were important, were that they were taking notice of you.  When I told Mother, she said that if I were curious why they looked, to go and ask those who did. Sometimes I get answers."

Discord were one who reveled in attention, so getting others to look on him, were generally more important to him, than what they were thinking. Unless it were disgust. He had a certain hatred for that, though she still didn't know exactly what that looked like. There were so many facial expressions, that it were hard to guess which ones meant what. Especially since faces were different, so it wasn't expressed the same.

Mother on the other hoof, were one who did not mind her children getting attention, but in their thirst to learn, she would encourage them to go to those looking, and then ask them what they might be thinking, or at least say hello. It didn't always teach them anything, but sometimes, Omen would learn, and at times connect too. Like she had when Sen and her had met, in what seemed so far back already. It had all started with a greeting, and just look how things were now. Mother would be happy with this outcome.

In any case though, these were the advice she had to go by, though it were undeniably also a factor that since Omen didn't understand emotions, things such as paranoia, and worry, were so far removed from her, that it were almost beyond her most times. Some random creatures starring at her, without a word? Maybe even laugh, or whisper at one another? All that made her, were curious. What might they be thinking, or speaking of? She'd like to know, as fear regarding them for example saying horrible things, didn't register. Nor did it that they may plan to harm her.

Sen would likely have hard taking the ways Omen did things to him, as he weren't emotionally hampered, like Omen were. Though at least he now had some wisdom words from Omen's creators. That may have something for him in them.

"I do not understand why they gave me paper. Am I supposed to eat it?"

On 2021-03-01 at 2:18 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Rosa, did you know that was going to happen?”

"Exactly this? No. I were merely going off a two-fold idea of Omen being good at drawing attention once she starts being personal, as well as her inability to be worried about what others may think of her. Or well, strangers at least, as I do think she cares greatly what we think.

Specifically this though, I did not foresee. I had an inkling that the diamond dogs would go as it did, as their kind are prone to either taking up a challenge, or backing down, and they did not seem the sort who wished to fight. The one whom Omen apparently bit were a surprise though. if what she said about him using the phrase *Bite me* however is true, I can see why the outcome became what it did. You know how literal Omen takes things, though I do hope she no longer does bite others.

As for the griffons... I hardly understand fashion as it is, but there may be something there that fascinates them, for some reason. I would think it best to simply let that be what it were, and if Omen have interest in others dressing her up, she are an adult, and can make that decision. I can see both benefits and issues with it, which I may touch upon if asked, but perhaps we should let her think on it. Once she realizes what they wished from her, that is."

The various others that had just been there, would soon enough get their pictures, and others would step in. The next ones though, did not seem overly interested in speaking, and a few were even kind of drunk. So they got the attention, as they were the ones trying to communicate with the other groups. It wouldn't be long now, until the filly would come out with a folder of pictures for them. Including the one in the frame, and those that were taken of Sen earlier, which did look rather good. Crispy and full of details that he were perhaps not happy about. The rest of them though, could have a good laugh from it at times perhaps.

===================================================================

@abrony-mouse

16 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

Fuchsia has calmed by the time they find the next picture. She peers at the deer at the top of the temple with her bauble and sees the blade. "A sacrifice?" she wonders aloud. "Could they have been... taken here to be..." she shivers, trailing off, thoughts going to dark places. Though she is more spooked by the temple than Billowing, she is taken in by the mystery of the temple. She wonders if Billowing's theory is true - breaking a Sphinx pact? It would fit with the Saddle Arabian clothing the deer seem to be wearing.

"I hope that were not the case, and instead, they just retreated to here, but... Much does depend on what those feline figures may have been.

You need to remember that a sphinx deal is not simply words. It is near primordial, powerful magic. It seals a deal between the two that must be honored, which is why one needs to pick their words wisely, when making one with the sphinx. Even they cannot break their word on a deal, without facing repercussions. So they tend to leave themselves some wriggle room in the wording of the deal they make, so they can change things some, though still technically be within the boundaries of the deal.

Trying to manipulate the deal too much, by for example ensuring the other party cannot fulfil their part, as it were agreed upon, will count as cheating, and hence, be struck down upon by the magic even harder.

If we assume what we saw where the results of a deal being broken by the deer, the feline figures may represent the magic hunting them down, ready to swing harsh judgement upon them. A judgement which I should mention, could be anything. Primordial magic of any kind, is something which holds grand potential, and as such, the punishment could be a myriad of things. Though many scholars tends to say that they consider the punishments karmic in nature, somehow.

In any case, if we go further by this theory, it could be that they retreated to this temple, and in desperation, chose one of them to bear the full punishment, meant for them all. I could not say how it would be done, but in theory, they might have transferred their collective *debt* upon one, and that is what we are seeing there. We cannot even tell if there is truly a blade, or if it is something else with a curve either, with how damaged these depictions are.

Still, it is just a theory. It could also be they sacrificed their own for power, which sadly happened at times back in the day. And still does in places now honestly, though it were more widespread then, before sacrificial magic were banned in the majority of the civilized world. The cats may just be representing some kind of monster they ran from, before settling in here, and building this temple. We will need more evidence, so keep your eyes out for more."

This were getting fascinating to him. A historical site of some importance perhaps. Which may include them being able to see the results of a sphinx curse broken? There were not many depictions of that, to his knowledge, so more of it were certainly not hurting. Plus, it were rather fascinating, as well as a sober reminder to not make deals with the sphinx. Or if you did, to not try and run from your end of the bargain.

Wandering further inside, they wouldn't see any depictions for a while. There seemed to be some words that had once been there, but time and apparently, something being used to scrape the words off the walls a long time ago, had made it impossible to make anything out.

Going further in however, they would soon be encountered with something new: A large, open room, in which a soft blue glow emanated from the small streams of water, that flowed down some furrows in the... Wall...

He went further to inspect something he didn't think were right at first, but it seemed to be so: The water were running upwards. Something were apparently pushing it away from further below. Or were it simply magically charged? He really should have brought some kits to test that, but it just hadn't crossed his mind at the time. *sigh* His loss, yes?

The rest of the room were empty and dusty, though if they looked around, they'd be able to find there were one thing depicted here. Fuchsia would likely bite note in it first, as Billowing were busy with the water for now.

It looked like a collection of deer, starring down at whoever would be wandering towards the exit to this room further on. The eyes were not very emotionally, as there never were much of that in old carvings, due to how things were done at the time. So the context to this, as well as the word *Never* were hard to say. Whatever else had been written there, had been scorched beyond recognition. What exactly had somepony tried to hide here?

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Califorum

On 2021-02-28 at 8:50 PM, Cali said:

"I can tell you and I will get along nicely. Blitz is over with the other foals in the ball pit or something. I hope they don't find rotten pizza at the bottom of it like at the disgusting ball bits of my world."

"Nah, they don't gotta worry about that. Part of a settlement between the owner and I after I got a little out of line here once, were that I'd upgrade their ball pit to solve that sorta issue. A good faith gesture really, with a bit of a court order behind it. Anyway, important details are that once the night's over, they just flip a switch, and the area seals off, before the floor opens up, and swallows all the balls, and whatever else went in there. Then the room gets a fierce washing. The balls and all liquid goes into another container below, where the water get filtered, cleansed, and the balls gets cleaned up. Whatever trash gets brushed off in there, gets caught in the first filter, and they can then throw out the trash after it's done. Or retrieve lost toys and stuff too. Made sure it goes into a dry container, in case its teddy bear or something.

And before you start repeating what the judge did, I have a magic sensor in there. Any sign of life within the area, and the cleaning process can't be started. So there's no risk of say, a foal getting swooped down. I've run the tests myself. And it's completely powered by solar energy, so it doesn't even cost them in energy. Bit of a stickling point for me to make stuff run on solar. Clean energy means a better chance to get stuff cleared, since y'know, we value our nature in Equestria.

Legally, I can't give up more details though, but let's just say that we're on good hoofing again now. Was a pain in the rear to get done, but soon as I found Blitz again, and brought her to Manehattan with me, that really started paying off. It's probably one of the few places I haven't seen her contemplate how to blow something up."

Sure the others had lots more to say, but he wanted to butt in with this, since it were rather important to the question at hoof. And because it allowed him to show off a bit. Might be these two wonkies had better tech, and were used to high end stuff, but 'round Equestria, it weren't all that fancy, so he looked with pride at what he did.

On 2021-03-01 at 12:57 AM, Kujamih said:

"thrut be told... Both your theories are correct.... There are many different Dimensions. Each controlled by a superior being or shared... Some dormant, some active, some... Down right evil. And in a way we are cloned by this beings into their dimension if they want us there to exist. I on the other hand work with the superior being on my dimension... And is sending me to other dimensions to fix em... Because once one dimension gets out of control it chains and affects the other..... For example..... Princess Twilight sparkle's coronation.... Yes it's a big deal...but do you know how big of a deal it really is? Millions of superior beings took notice of this.... For that day all the dimensions shook. Some woke up...some enraged... Some took delight... But mostly... All took action....

Fun fact.... Your dimension... actually.... Our dimension existed because of her."

"...Aight, I honestly ain't able to tell if you're just yanking me around by the leg anymore mate. Cause that right there sounds a bit crazy, even with how strong I hear the princess is. Though eh, I guess you two are the dimension travelers, so what do I know? I'm pretty comfy being right here in my own world. Sides, I'm gonna bet some of those other worlds are little more than barren wastelands. Ain't for tourists and all that, right?"

If the theory that various dimensions could happen solely due to an incident happening that could have gone several ways, then there'd have to be ones were Discord were never defeated, or Nightmare Moon won the first battle. Hay, were Tirek had won, or the siren sister conquered the entire continent, or a myriad of other things. Equestria had been against some real rough things, but were still overall peaceful. He couldn't imagine how rotten some other places might've ended up. Both from various things happening in his lifetime, as well as in the princesses, or even before that. Been some talk that way, way Way back in the day, Discord were one of several draconequui that had to *kill* one of their own, cause she were causing too much destruction. Just imagine what that must've been like, if they lost. Though really, a draconequui couldn't really die, he suspected. Sealed away, powerless? Sure, that were a chance. But they were demi gods. You couldn't just kill those like it were nothing.

On 2021-03-01 at 1:07 AM, Windy Breeze said:

Luna and Blue openly shared their thoughts of Cali drinking oil. Luna looked away but her eyes remained on the pony-not-from-their world, both curious, and revolted “How can your stomach digest that?”

However, Blue is even more extreme- no, she was outright disgusted “Eww, that's what you drink daily?” she had her wings cover her nose to block the smell. Turning to the counter, she said “I want five stacks of pancakes please”

The cashier at the counter would smile at the order, as per usual. Had to be friendly towards the costumers. Even if the bunch in now, were being majorly weird.

"We will get on that right away ma'am. That will be ten bits please. And would you like syrup on them, or butter? There is no additional charge to either."

Five stacks were quite a lot, but they should be able to get that done soon enough. And in the meantime, the mares could come and join in on the talk. Which understandably, came down to how Cali could stomach this stuff. Which were a more than fair question frankly. And got explained more or less right after, even though it were still a bit nutty.

"So gals, who's voting with me that Cali ain't allowed to make us lunch packs?"

Seemed like the kindest way to start things off after this. A lil' joke, that wouldn't hurt anypony. Nothing wrong with that, right?  Eheheh. Aaah, but seriously, he weren't touching anything she said she cooked, or any liquid she'd hoof to him. Ever. He were mighty fine not having his insides melt, thank you very much.

Edited by Blitz Boom
Lack of time, so missed a few.
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Silica smiles a little, "I do share her memories, but yes, as you so delinquently put it, life found a way to carry on" she'd say "It is..a rare occurrence, for a soul to linger and actually possess something like a plushie" she'd say "Normally if the soul is good, they don't cause harm, but there this one case, a doll was possessed, originally thought to be of a little girl's soul, turns out to be demonic instead" she would say, gently petting Bellarouse, "How-ever, if you wish to see if I hold more, and if she is still alive somehow but just weary, I am up for it" she smiles "She was such a sweet filly" she then begins to eat her food. 

(edited)

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

@Califorum

Light looked at Luna and said... " Well there might be.. but it looks like you are one of the dominate ones... As for me...i have none... For the moment.... The being that holds me is very clingy and wouldn't let anyone make another me...

Cali's supreme being is..... Very .....  Cali has multitudes of herself.... I've  actually seen one kill 5 of herself before...".

Edited by Kujamih

Spoiler

"We never met, dear child, but I have known of you for some time. A student of mine came through this town several moons past, and found a draconequus she had yet to even hear of. Our kind are not the most plentiful out there, yet there are still a fair number, and one coming into existence, or activating their powers in some notable way, tends to cause a ripple. I felt this, several times over the years, though I had no idea of you, until I were told of you. When she spoke me your name, I felt a need to come and see for myself how you might do, and offer my help to you."

Fright would move somewhat close, and then fold her legs underneath herself. Essentially sitting, with the lily pads still floating where the tips of her legs stood.

"Our kind are rooted in our names, and it spells what we were created to cause. Calamity is a sad thing to have befall others, and I can see clearly that you are not a soul with a want to cause harm. She told me the same. That you were an innocent soul, but things still happened near you. Things which could cause destruction, in many ways. I wished to personally come, and offer you my help, to find a way to utilize what you are, and what you can do, in a positive way. Before your powers grow exponentially, and you may find it harder to resist the nature of your name.

I know this can happen, as I were once living up to my name as well. Yet I have found that things are never that simple, and even we, who are molded around aspects most regular creatures would find bad, can change for the better. We do not all need to be, as it is not many of even our kind, that represents something inherently destructive. Yet we are spirits of disruption to the norm, to various degrees. Some such as yourself, having a higher risk than some of lesser impact. Like Avarice.

In any case, some of us can become the best they can on their own, but help is often needed for our kind. Even Discord needed help to change to something better, from what I have heard. Yet it have been millennia since he and I last met. I know not personally, how he does now. I only know how he once were, and it pleases me that he are no longer so.

Ask what you wish of me child, and I will answer. Though I ask you to ponder this: Do you have complete control over what you can do? Or are there times when you fear what you might be capable of, even if you don't mean to do so? I sense no evil without you, that would lead you to wish harm upon others. Yet our powers cannot be held down. It needs to manifest, in one way or another. I only wish to help you find a way to do so, in ways that may benefit those around you, rather than cause them potential harm."

@Blitz Boom  

"A student of yours? I'm.. not exactly sure who that could be. I don't quite know a lot of ponies here aside from Pinkie Pie, but she knows everyone, so I could scratch her off the list."

Suddenly, she had an idea. Perhaps this fellow draconequus would be able to tell her about her past, and if not-
Well, she didn't want to risk missing out on an opportunity like this.

"I've never wanted to cause harm to anyone. It's just happened, no matter how much effort I put into trying to conceal it. In all honesty, I don't really have complete control over my magic, and I'm not sure if it's a thing I even can control. Discord has tried to help, but even he's starting to fear my power. Even if he doesn't show it, I can tell he's tried so hard to keep me from using it for anything.

I'd appreciate being taught by you. I mean, I think I would? Anything to get away from this.. box everypony's shoved me in. I think you may be a better teacher than Discord's ever been."

It wasn't that she didn't enjoy Discord's help. She loved being taught by him, as he taught her how to use other types of magic that she would have naturally gave up anything for. He taught her how to control her catastrophe magic for quite some time, but they found it to be getting worse, and nopony had known how to help her. It was as if something or someone had triggered her magic. No one was quite sure who or what, but perhaps she'd be able to finally get some answers.

"I think I'm ready."

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would calmly relax next to Zeehva in the large saddle on Gretha's back. Magnolia were quite pleased nothing bad had happened. She looked to Zeehva and sat close, even resting her head on her shoulder somewhat. Since Zeehva was her first, and only friend she felt the need to be affectionate. Previously Magnolia would have hidden that feeling, but it was far too great to be hidden now. Especially with Zeehva trusting Magnolia, and not judging her for who she was.

"Perhaps we can find me some socks...in Deltrot...but the question is...where will we go? Do you have any places where you want to go or be? I don't have any clue for sure. What you say of your home is interesting...maybe we can go there at some point. I get the feeling you haven't been there in a long time..." Magnolia would say, droning on somewhat to emphasize her point 'long time'. She closed her eyes for a longer period of time.

Then Magnolia would address Gretha. "Similar but different perceptions...of how things are...the older you live the less time you feel...I hope for the sake of things, you remember this. For I will, will remember you." Magnolia would say with a small grin, ever so slightly.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali would laugh at his joke and Molotov said about the ball pits. "In my world they would hardly ever clean the ball pits. I could see hair and trash in them all the time. In our fast food restaurants, and most specifically airplanes they were neve cleaned and had a layer of dust and dirt on everything. It was absolutely revolting. How you deal with the ball pits here is amazing though, so mechanical and cleanly. Really the way thing should be, am I right?" Cali asked, seeming rather entertained.

She would continue eating, savoring her food before finishing.

(edited)

Light pondered and thought of a way to make Molotov believe him.

" Okay im going to make you believe that superior beings exist Molotov...... 

1 plus 1 equals 2.... Is that correct?"

Light awaited Molotov's response.

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Califorum

Blue nodded and immediately took ten bits from her saddlebags to the cashier “Syrup and butter please”

“I guess I should share with Blue for the pancakes. I'm not very hungry today

15 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"So gals, who's voting with me that Cali ain't allowed to make us lunch packs?"

Luna rolled her eyes with a smirk, but it was Blue who raised a hoof. Luna, in the other hoof is thinking what Cali said about drinking oil. Maybe she should try tasting her drink, just only a bit.

@Blitz Boom

“That's two ways of looking at the situation; ask about it or ignore it. I remember hearing how staring is impolite, but I guess some just couldn't help it. As for that piece of paper you got there, I don’t think it’s a good idea to eat something with writing on it. Come to think of it, this looks important. It’s got some names here, but I’m not familiar with any of them. Maybe Rosa might have heard of them, probably the griffons who were examining you earlier.”

Discord and Mother had opposing perspectives on the matter, though those had their merits. Ignoring the stares meant that eventually whoever was staring would focus their attention elsewhere. Inversely, inquiring about the staring got answers. Sen would think of this as two different approaches, but he’d probably reserve the decision to choose one or the other based on context. 

As for Lin, she was a left confounded at the idea just as much as Rosa. Dressing up probably made sense if it was for practical reasons, but from what little she knew of the concept, it didn’t make sense if it was only for looking good.

“Fashion griffons… Not something I expected to hear when used together. Big cities had those stores where they sold clothes for ponies, but it’s different. Some talk about it like they’re designing clothes that are too impractical to be worn. It’s like they don’t want anyone to wear their designs!”

“Sounds like there’s something we all agree on,” Sen chimed in, hearing the conversation while still a fair ways away. “Those griffons left this with Omen. Looks like a card of some sort. And speaking of things getting done, looks like our pictures are here.”

Sen reached for the photos from the filly, smiling and bowing before passing them to the others for them to see. These were all impressive and good-looking, leaving the longma astounded at what could be achieved with the kind of technology available to ponies nowadays. Even Sen chuckled at the pictures of him crouching down to let the fillies and colts from earlier honk his gag nose. And a few others that looked like the longma got spooked. That one got the longma looking a little embarrassed. 

“Take a look at this one! Looks like Sen was caught doing something naughty!” 

@Blitz Boom

"wait...My fangs can be used like that?!" Ginger Lightning looked confused. She looked at the jelly-like joy and awkwardly took a spoonful of it and put it against one of her fangs.

"So like this?  Or is that wrong? " She looked very puzzled. She had no clue how to do things like a changeling would. She might as well have been a normal pony trying to eat it.

"Sorry that I'm a bit awkward...I don't know how to changeling..." she laughed nervously.

@Blitz Boom
"He is clearly sensing something." Ruby said, before talking with Charir, and one didn't need to understand to figure out she asked him something, to which he of course replied, sounding bit unsure as he did. "As I thought, he can feel my presence, but not as well as usual, he can tell I'm somewhere around where I actually am, but wouldn't be able pinpoint the exact place if it wasn't for the fact that I'm right front of him." "Everything else about me is hidden as it should be, though he did say I smell like a threat, but he couldn't explain what exactly that means." 

She didn't waste time before going to the next topic "Now with that out of the way, we'll need to get the lies straight" "As you hopefully remember, you are my body guard, so try to act like one when others are around." "I'm a mare involved in business and other such dealings so there's lot of confidential things." "And Charir, he's a family member of a client I'm escorting to confidential location, the same client we were meeting during this time, and if anyone asks, the client is a big, easily irritated dragon who doesn't appreciate those intervening with their business." "Does that sound believable enough? I doubt I'll be able to keep Spicy fooled for long, she already thinks I'm a changeling, but as long as it keeps guards from putting their noses into my things it's good enough for me." 

(hope I remembered her name right)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They are indeed gentle and peaceful creatures, one can only wonder how they survived the brutality of nature." Scarecrow mentioned, he did know that cows weren't originally like this, but it was still a thing to wonder, having seen the various predators of the forest, and that was just the Everfree, there was lot of creatures he had never seen nor will ever see in the world. 

"There is no need to bother more animals as this has answered my question, they even considering to taste me tells enough of this spell's effectiveness." even the friendliest of creatures wouldn't even think of tasting him if they knew what he was, until of course they ate carcasses, but that was besides the point. "So lead the way, but if you are running out of things to do, I'm willing to just wait until the pony is ready, time is meaningless to me after all."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Trox didn't say it out loud but he found the 'problem' of the new look rather stupid, mostly because in his eyes it was so easy to solve, Onache could take any form she wanted, so why didn't she just default to a different form? that was what his question had asked, to which he never got the answer, and even if she couldn't, if the fur was the worst part of the unarguably ridiculous look, why not to shave it off? 

"Illusion, though not only visual one, if it worked properly, you wouldn't be able to tell it was ever metal, I tried to fix it but needs very specific parts and these being an old models, those parts were hard to find." he then thought for a second how to explain the magic "Artificial magic, is created magic." "While the magic used in most things...or well, everything in case of this place probably, is natural magic, magic generated by creatures or plants or anything else that is part of nature and the world." "Artificial magic is created through technology, it is weaker than natural magic of equivalent energy, but its advantage is that in theory it has no limit." "But the exact science goes beyond even my understanding, the guard would probably know more." "One could call it fake-magic." 

"And since it came up, yes, these are lot better than anything one could carve from wood, but not necessarily because it's metal." "Without going in too much detail and complicated terms, they work exactly like my other arm and leg, better actually, as they have advantage over biological parts, one example being with the gems you mentioned, as while it is true that if we wanted to use them, tests would be necessary, if I were to use them only through my metal arm, I would be able to use almost anything without problem, the more corruptive ones may mess with the systems." 

@Silicon Chimera

"Possessed would mean she were still in control, yet it sounds as if you are the mind of the whole? Perhaps she rests deep inside, or her energy alone is what made it into your hide. Souls are complex though pardon my discretion, as I vehemently decline you come from a simple possession. Another interaction must have caused what became, though relatively speaking, I assume it is still somewhat tame. Nothing that shatters the sky, or causes piglets to fly."

He'd chuckle a little, and slowly begin going through his own food. After putting Bellarouge's bowl on his back. Much as the cat liked pets, she would refocus from Silicon and on to this dinner soon as it got within her reach. Just diving her fuzzy head into it, and chow down, while a noticeable, pleased purr shivered through her body.

As for Silicon herself, Orchid were considering a few things that might work to determine things more with her, as well as theorizing in his head what exactly had happened with her. As he didn't know about advanced technology in details, the concept of an AI chip were beyond him, and as such, he didn't speculate that perhaps the program there, overrode the soul, and it still technically counted as a possession.

"To speak with your inner mare, we must first prepare. Herbs and spice, as well as a cauldron, and as everything eventually mixed well and nice, a mixture shall be ready to lead us on. All that shall be, in time, you will see."

========================================================================

@Neoeryn

On 2021-03-02 at 8:18 PM, Neoeryn said:

"A student of yours? I'm.. not exactly sure who that could be. I don't quite know a lot of ponies here aside from Pinkie Pie, but she knows everyone, so I could scratch her off the list."

"Her name, is Dew Meadows. As she tells it, she never caused much attention to fall upon herself, before she distraught sought me out."

Fright's hands would depart from one another, and one would float out to the ring of apparent specks of debris around her, and gently pick one speck out from among them. It would float above her open palm as her hand moved closer down to Calamity. As her hand stopped a bit from her though, the speck would expand rapidly, and revealing itself to be a simple four leaf clover, carved in wood, with a crack through one of the clover leaves.

"Dew came from afar, and in time, needed space to think of what I had taught her. She came to Ponyville by then, and there, she took notice of you. When she returned, she brought word of you to me, as she felt certain that I would want to know."

The carved clover would begin to glow slightly, as a small depiction of a plain looking, green mare with a depressed look going over her, manifested above it.

"She feared more than all to be the exact opposite of you, dear child. Unnoticed and plain. A creature that would live, and in time die, unknown to most around her. This is one way I do my trade well. Instead of frightening them without reason, I make others face their fears, and surpass them. Some such as her, feel grateful, and give me something of symbolic value to them. In her case, a carving. A simple thing for some, but a treasured gift for a proud teacher."

The carving would shrink again, and be brought back to the other items.

"I've never wanted to cause harm to anyone. It's just happened, no matter how much effort I put into trying to conceal it. In all honesty, I don't really have complete control over my magic, and I'm not sure if it's a thing I even can control. Discord has tried to help, but even he's starting to fear my power. Even if he doesn't show it, I can tell he's tried so hard to keep me from using it for anything.

I'd appreciate being taught by you. I mean, I think I would? Anything to get away from this.. box everypony's shoved me in. I think you may be a better teacher than Discord's ever been."

"Discord is many thing my child, but a teacher is not one. In what you say, I hear that he even forgot the basic truth of our kind: Our powers grows worse, if we try to withhold them. We are spirits of grand potential. Concentrated, chaotic magic, of many variations, and chaos cannot be detained forever. It will push against the box it were put in, until it breaks through.

This is why he fails you as a teacher, even if I am sure he did what he thought were best. Your powers need not to be concealed, but explored, and examined, to find a way to make it a gift, rather than a curse. I know of places we can go, where we can do so without causing harm.

It is slightly ironic though, is it not? One of the oldest and most powerful of our kind, and yet Discord fears more than all, that which he cannot control. What cannot be bend to his will. The true fear of one who holds more fear in him, than many believed. One day, perhaps we will meet again, and I can judge if his fears have changed. What I hear, makes me certain at least one fear of his, have been conquered now."

Fright didn't just call Calamity child, because she were larger. She were an old draconequus, from a time when their kind had entire spans of lands where they frolicked and had their fun, as the undisputed rulers of creation. A time long gone, as the world did not even remember the olden lands, or the mass amount of their kind that worked in unison, rather than now, where they were mostly scattered. A different time indeed.

"I think I'm ready."

"Are you certain of this? have you not friends to wish a good time until you return, or belongings to pack? I am not trapping you anywhere, dear child, but it is rare for those that studies with me, to be back to their old lives, within a short time. Most goes weeks between seeing those they care for, even if letters are plentiful.

You can handle things for a time if you will. I am in no rush, and can wait for your preparations to be done."

@GingerLightning

There were a few spread giggles as the hive watched Ginger try to eat the joy, and failing at it. Nothing mean spirited of course. Just a little funny for them to see this, though they'd be happy to show her how this were done. In fact, soon as she mentioned that she didn't know how to changeling, the one in a chef's outfit would come closer to her, with two baubles of the joy, and put them down in front of Ginger.

"So... Okay, like this, see? You take the bauble to your muzzle-"

She grabbed one, and held it up near er muzzle, where she'd prepare her fangs. Not bite down yet though, until Ginger were ready in roughly the same position.

"- and then you bite down with your fangs, and suck, using the small muscles in your upper jaw. If you ever drank water from a bowl of stream, you should know those. They'll act as a separate way to suck in liquid. Ice cream too, if you eat that sort."

She'd slowly bite down into the bauble with her front fangs, and when they were halfway in, would start to suck the liquid out. It would look a good deal smoother, and less strained than what Ginger might do, as she were likely to go at this rather hard, but foal steps here. First were figuring out how to do it, and the in time, you got used to doing it as simple as drinking a cup of water.

"You can also just use a cup though, if you'd prefer that."

===============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-03-03 at 3:23 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Sounds like there’s something we all agree on,” Sen chimed in, hearing the conversation while still a fair ways away. “Those griffons left this with Omen. Looks like a card of some sort. And speaking of things getting done, looks like our pictures are here.”

Sen reached for the photos from the filly, smiling and bowing before passing them to the others for them to see. These were all impressive and good-looking, leaving the longma astounded at what could be achieved with the kind of technology available to ponies nowadays. Even Sen chuckled at the pictures of him crouching down to let the fillies and colts from earlier honk his gag nose. And a few others that looked like the longma got spooked. That one got the longma looking a little embarrassed. 

“Take a look at this one! Looks like Sen was caught doing something naughty!” 

As it didn't sound like she were supposed to eat it, Omen would just keep the card in her muzzle for now. She didn't have mouth water, so she couldn't drool all over it and make it illegible anyway. Not that it would be easy to do so regardless, as it were laminated. Had to make sure their card were not just easily ruined after all, yes?

In due time, Rosa would address this, and leave his thoughts about what might be gained from reading the card. Though for now, the pictures were a far more important thing to watch out for. And oh my, they were a doozey and a half.

The pictures where they had all stood and posed for it were greatly detailed, and due to both Sen's mask, and Shrimps confused behavior, rather entertaining as well. Certainly brought a smile to Rosa's lips. In parts due to them being entertaining, certainly. Yet it were also just good to see them gathered like this, with an overall happy, positive atmosphere going over them. A perfect climax to a wonderful evening full of life and entertainment.

Had he ever enjoyed a festival like this before? Like, truly? He had been to some before yet mostly it were related to work. The few times he had not, were in his younger years, when his father took him. And even in those times, he had used those as opportunities to teach Rosa some things that would help him in his future profession. It weren't just purely for entertainment and fun.

Neither had it been on the one occasion he could remember where he had been dragged along on what the mare called a date. It were against his will to some degree, but she were a determined mare, and had gotten interest in him, so it had simply ended with him coming along. It were a good enough evening really, yet it just didn't click between them, and there weren't even a truly good dynamic there.

With this bundle of crazed random creatures though, he felt as if he had actually just had fun for once. Sure there were some times where he over observed things, and it had gotten somewhat serious with the griffon earlier, but it were a testament to how great this evening were, that it most of the time, managed to overshadow the dread of the morrow. From the exploration before the carnival started, and the air ride on the spectrally charged wagon, to Sen's and his weapons feud, and every meal the lot of them had enjoyed. Everything had just felt nice a nice time, focused on enjoying themselves. No obligations, nor real worries. Just a fun time with friends.

And it would be this he would remember every time he would look at this picture in the future. It would be his anchor to remind him that there were good things in life, and motivation to push himself to proving himself to his future captors, that he may one day return here with his friends for another grand time. Maybe even with his family too, though that were a pipe dream that would depend solely on Stargazer.

This picture he'd definitely treasure. As would he the ones they were presented with afterwards, where Sen were shown off in his full grandeur. A lovely bunch that even Sen seemed to enjoy, though Lin then popped in with a comment that made her brother embarrassed, and Rosa let out a bit of a hearty chuckle.

"Not my first thought, but I have a hard time unseeing that now, Lin. Like a colt caught reaching for the cookie jar."

"I helped a colt get a cookie jar once. He started screaming."

Maybe it were just the general mood going around now, but Omen's neutral, whispering comment just made Rosa laugh even harder. Something about it just hit his funny bone this time, for some reason. Perhaps it were just the bluntness of it? It were hard to say, but what did it matter anyway? This were simply how Omen were, and it were hard to do anything but like her for simply being herself.

"I hope you never lose this blunt nature of yours, Omen. It suits you well.

And these pictures are stunning. I'd definitely say that you should frame them, and then hang them up when you get back home. And perhaps you should go wash your face now, Sen. I think we've made him suffer enough for one night, no?"

He'd look at Lin as he said this. It hadn't been long, but Sen had kept his paint on during the picture as they had wanted, so perhaps they should be lenient, before more things would happen to bring him into an awkward situation.

@Califorum

On 2021-03-02 at 8:32 PM, Magnolia said:

"Perhaps we can find me some socks...in Deltrot...but the question is...where will we go? Do you have any places where you want to go or be? I don't have any clue for sure. What you say of your home is interesting...maybe we can go there at some point. I get the feeling you haven't been there in a long time..." Magnolia would say, droning on somewhat to emphasize her point 'long time'. She closed her eyes for a longer period of time.

Zeehva would put a hoof around Magnolia as they flew along. Her eyes were on the horizon as she thought for a moment of the questions she were presented with. Some tough ones really, since... What exactly had she in mind to go and do now?

A moment to think later, and she would let out a small sigh, and lower her gaze some.

"I don't know where to go now. I left Zebrica to find what happened to my husband, and now I have the answers on me, but I'm not ready to read them. And I can feel in my heart that I'm not supposed to return home yet. Not until I can give his family closure.

But Zebrica is far from here. We could still move towards it, while I gather courage enough to open the file. I think that whatever my life will lead to next, will depend on what is in that.

Still, I have you now. And I'm not going to leave you stranded somewhere. I promised you that I would help, and I always keep my promises. Maybe... Uhm, y-yes, maybe we could find if there is some trouble they need help with, when we reach Deltrot? There's always the chance for monsters running around, and that would be as good a place to start as any. Or maybe there's a need for a potion I could make, at least. Not a lot of zebras in Equestria from what I learned, and I'm not... Y'know, a real one, but I know things. And I could always use help gathering the ingredients for those things. Zebra potions includes the strangest things sometimes. Like a cat's sneeze. Have you ever tried to make a cat sneeze into a bottle? They don't like that."

She were babbling a bit, but it had gone to her being somewhat focused on the here and now, to try and grasp at something they could do, until she had the guts to do something more with herself. And as she had promised to help Magnolia, that meant her as well, so she had just spouted off the first potential things that came to mind. And she wasn't joking either. She did once had to gather the sneeze from a cat, which had taken her the better part of three hours to do, along with covering her hooves and face in a lot of scratches. They were not receptive to this sort of thing.

On 2021-03-02 at 8:32 PM, Magnolia said:

Then Magnolia would address Gretha. "Similar but different perceptions...of how things are...the older you live the less time you feel...I hope for the sake of things, you remember this. For I will, will remember you." Magnolia would say with a small grin, ever so slightly.

"Sage words, for someone so young. I think you will become the sort of pony that will be hard to forget, little one.

There is not much to keep an eye out for about though. Things are starting to change for dragonkin, but it is the new generation that must push for this. Elder dragons like me, should let them do that, and only interfere if we are lead down a dark path. No one would want the dark ages of us hunting and eating ponies to return now, would we?"

Elder Dragons held influence to some degree, but Gretha did not much care to put her claws down on things these days. She had been there, and done that, and these days, she preferred to simply let these new up and comers, such as Ember, push their vision. Where it would lead, she could not say, but unless something went horribly wrong, her input on this weren't needed either. Though if the dark times threatened to return, or some of the other elders began to puff up and oppose the current, more peaceful direction, she would travel and make her words known. As were required of her.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Sounds like a workable plan for me. If they keep asking too much, I'll respond in the way they assume I will anyway, by growling in their faces. Ponies are so easily scared. And fine, I will tone down the closeness, and act more cold towards you.

A thing with Charir though: Since he doesn't speak a language others do, just tell others that it's old draconic. The ponies barely know what draconic sounds like, so an elder tongue wouldn't be on the table for them. They would just have to take your word on it, and accept it as a thing that your *client* teaches their children. Hide it under traditions, and refuse to answer what those may be. Just say something along the lines of *I'm not paid to ask*, or something like that. The ponies know we're proud and stubborn, as well as not always tolerating their kind all that well, so it's believable. And, it fits your description of an irritated dragon that don't like snoops.

And when it comes to what he can sense... It gives you some option to hide if others of your kind comes around I suppose, if they can't say exactly where you are, and it should still help him to find you, if somehow we get separated. All in all, it's not a bad way for things to go, even if I doubt we'll get separated in there. Elders have mercy upon those who dares trying to drag him off, that's for certain."

Sounded like everything were in order then. Now they just needed to get to town, and then get this show on the road, so to speak.

"That does remind me though: The way things are where you're from, do you have any elder dragons? Or have they all been slain over time? With how violent things sounded like in your home, I can't imagine it being easy to reach the ten thousand years needed for that title. Or do you have a lesser age bracket than that?"

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

13 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"They are indeed gentle and peaceful creatures, one can only wonder how they survived the brutality of nature."

"I can only assume that once upon a time, much like with the chickens, they were something far more able-bodied. Generations upon generations of living under the care and guidance of ponies though, likely did quite a lot to cull their worst tendencies, and make them calmer things. I cannot imagine as they are now, they would fare overtly well in the wild. A reason to feel fortunate that the ponies seem to take good care of them."

There were no guarantee that it were the same in all places, but at least when it came to this farm, the animals and plants were well taken care off. She heard only few things of concern from the animals, and they were mostly trivial. Even the hens did not find that they lost many eggs due to the ponies, and were still more than able to raise chicklets of their own.

"So lead the way, but if you are running out of things to do, I'm willing to just wait until the pony is ready, time is meaningless to me after all."

Lyriel would nod, and lead the way to the tree marking the passing of the current residents parents.

She had not heard much of its meaning. Only that it represented somepony very close to the Apple family, and she had just assumed that this were the case then, yet had refused to ask further. It seemed to cause some pain for Applejack, and she did not wish for that to befall the kind mare.

Afterwards, she had nothing else to show really, so she would simply wander and tell Scarecrow and Crow, of what little she knew of the farm. The purpose of it, how the family that owned it did, from her perspective, and at times, go to help a tree that were struggling a little. It would be some hours of nice wandering, and light education of an aspect of the farm that in parts, the ponies would know of. And in other parts, she'd speak of the animals and vegetations words and health, which wouldn't be something most of them would understand. Even then, only the animal part, likely. They did not speak with the plants like she did.

Eventually, they'd be sought out by Bloody, who'd come around without the crate, and with Rusty riding on her back, looking slowly from side to side.

"Oh. You're uhm.... S-Still here. I thought you might be going out, and I had to f-find you. Hope you didn't get bored. And sorry for the time. Big Mac is a uhm... W-Well, he doesn't talk a lot, but he show things, and his grandmother certainly did have a lot to say, once she showed up. We e-exchanged recipes, and invited each other to take part in things at our respective farms. I kind of doubt she will come around to mine, but well... I-If she does, she's welcome now, so good. Yes. Good...

A-Anyway, what was it you wanted my help for?"

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Illusion, though not only visual one, if it worked properly, you wouldn't be able to tell it was ever metal, I tried to fix it but needs very specific parts and these being an old models, those parts were hard to find." he then thought for a second how to explain the magic "Artificial magic, is created magic." "While the magic used in most things...or well, everything in case of this place probably, is natural magic, magic generated by creatures or plants or anything else that is part of nature and the world." "Artificial magic is created through technology, it is weaker than natural magic of equivalent energy, but its advantage is that in theory it has no limit." "But the exact science goes beyond even my understanding, the guard would probably know more." "One could call it fake-magic." 

"And since it came up, yes, these are lot better than anything one could carve from wood, but not necessarily because it's metal." "Without going in too much detail and complicated terms, they work exactly like my other arm and leg, better actually, as they have advantage over biological parts, one example being with the gems you mentioned, as while it is true that if we wanted to use them, tests would be necessary, if I were to use them only through my metal arm, I would be able to use almost anything without problem, the more corruptive ones may mess with the systems." 

"At that point, it sounds more akin to a magically crafted leg, just with less crystals. But I suppose it is different than that.

Regardless, perhaps you would need a tinkerer? I know of them by reputation solely, but supposedly, they're ponies working with technology of many kinds. I saw mention of it in one local mare's memory, yet it seemed seeped in disgust. It were brief, so I cannot tell if it were for the practice, or the pony in question though. It might still have merit to look into. I suppose doing so by asking others, would be the normal way of doing things."

She were still trying to get to terms with having to treat ponies as equals like this, and doing things which were considered a normal, rational way of doing things. Such as asking questions of ponies and hope they answered, rather than just make them answer. It were easier with these kobolds, as she had never considered them prey, but ponies were a learning process, which she had so far, barely started on. At least she hadn't made any of them fan her with leaves, and bring her fruit yet. Technically. The fruits weren't for her after all.

"As for your magic, it sounds like nothing I would have interest in, but I see how it may at least be useful, by its accessibility, to those who normally can not use magic. Though I would argue there are certain magic schools that in theory are limitless as well. Such as primordial magic, of the variant harnessed by gods. Or the special sacrificial school that is tapped into, when the sphinx makes their deals. Though that is what I read. I am not crazy enough to test either, as only the suicidal breaks a sphinx deal, and I would not willingly go within fifty kilometers of a gods shrine.

But I am not one to debate this for long. I have stories and scarce memories to go by, not personal experience. Does not mean I am willingly nearing a god. Discord is but a demigod, and see what havoc he could cause. If he were ever even released in your realm to begin with, or simply rules lands of his own. It isn't as if their kind can truly die as it is.

In any case, I hear in your voices that you have gained more strength. It isn't strained as much, and you don't give of feelings of pain as much as before. Seems to me that you regain vitality somewhat rapidly then, long as you are fed, and given at least some rest. Or does these machine parts have a part in this too? Even for this world, I am not well versed with technology. You don't find much of it in the sprawling desert, in which I used to roam. And with your advances, then for all I know, it can revitalize you, or lock your soul down post death, to be used in something else.

Hmm... Golems of metal and broken souls... Perhaps that would be the real end goal with abusing those such as yourself then? An interesting prospect, yet still wasteful."

She still weren't condoning the actions, but perhaps this would make it somewhat understandable. Convoluted and wasteful for certain, but in a sense, understandable.

=====================================================================

On 2021-03-02 at 9:34 PM, Cali said:

Cali would laugh at his joke and Molotov said about the ball pits. "In my world they would hardly ever clean the ball pits. I could see hair and trash in them all the time. In our fast food restaurants, and most specifically airplanes they were neve cleaned and had a layer of dust and dirt on everything. It was absolutely revolting. How you deal with the ball pits here is amazing though, so mechanical and cleanly. Really the way thing should be, am I right?" Cali asked, seeming rather entertained.

"Well yeah, to an extend. I'm all for making my machines and hoping they make an impact, but just gotta watch out that it doesn't become a slippery slope. Equestria's priding itself on having a good, clean country, with a lot to do for your average pony. Can't have that if we start having machines taking over stuff, rather than just assisting, or doing their own thing. Especially not on a mass production scale. That stuff's bound to pollute the air royally, and that just ain't right. have to find some sort of balance in things.

Like, my forge runs on wood, and natural gasses only. Whatever soot and water I get mixed up, gets run through filters to make sure it doesn't get bad, and I get most of my electricity from solar. It's been a royal pain in my flank to set it all up, but the princess expects standards, and I ain't gonna deny that. If there's one thing a Boom is, it's resourceful. If there's two things we are, it's resourceful, and flammable, heh."

On 2021-03-02 at 11:21 PM, Kujamih said:

1 plus 1 equals 3.... Is that correct?"

This seemed a good point to address Light. Especially since this meant he didn't have to address the part about versions of Cali killing herself, since his first thought there were to pat her on the shoulder, and say that it was a sin to go and kill yourself. Which was a comment he only barely managed to keep in his big muzzle, and would have likely gotten him a rightful trashing. Weren't a judge in the world that'd side with him on this case if it came to that. Which it wouldn't, as he knew more often than not, that he said dumb stuff, and that he should've reeled it back in. Consequences and all that, right?

"I know superior beings exist, mate. There's alicorns, draconequui, sphinx and like, actual gods roaming the world. I darn well know my place on the food chain when it comes to those sorts.

And I'm gonna say that your math equation is wrong there mate, but I get the feeling you're gonna start lecturing me now. It sounds like a trick question that Dr. Calculus would ask, before going into a three hour lecture on some obscure, minute detail. Uurgh. Why does math have to be so complex for some egg heads? 1 plus 1 is 2, the central axis of a Grimsworth Transfusion Grid is exactly seventeen times the circumference of the insulator unit, and a proper metal ruler is your best friend. Y'know, the important, down to earth stuff."

Hey, he might come from a town of egg heads, but some of them were just too geeky and driveling on and on, to really stand being around for long. And he swore to Celestia, Dr. Calculus did it on darn purpose, because he knew he could talk anypony's ear off, before they'd just surrender to his logic, to make him stop.

On 2021-03-03 at 12:31 AM, Windy Breeze said:

Blue nodded and immediately took ten bits from her saddlebags to the cashier “Syrup and butter please”

“I guess I should share with Blue for the pancakes. I'm not very hungry today

"Understood ma'am. We will bring you your meal as soon as it is ready."

Along with a can of water. Most wanted milkshakes, sodas, etc. but in case they didn't, complimentary water were standard, just in case they got thirsty. Wasn't like it cost a whole bunch, and it were a nice gesture, so the manager had been stubborn on this point. And the owners of the franchise had to admit that she were right, as it were brought up at times, as a nice little gesture, that added to the list of positives that made ponies come back here.

On 2021-03-03 at 12:31 AM, Windy Breeze said:

Luna rolled her eyes with a smirk, but it was Blue who raised a hoof. Luna, in the other hoof is thinking what Cali said about drinking oil. Maybe she should try tasting her drink, just only a bit.

Molotov grinned widely as he saw Luna and Blue react seemingly positive to his little joke. It was a darn shame that his mind were set on another mare that seemed unattainable, yet enticing in all the right ways. Otherwise, he may have actually tried to push some flirting on to these two. Were nice with mares who could stand being 'round him for this long, and he did have to think about family sooner, rather than later. Blitz and him were the last known members of their clan, and Blitz was probably at least seven years away from one day dragging in some poor stallion to the workshop, and say that was her new coltfriend, so it were up to him to think of the future for now. Whatever Blitz and her future, baffled coltfriend would get through, were for the future to worry about. Though he already felt kinda bad for the lad that'd get her affection, soon as she started showing interest in colts. She had never been one to accept a no, and were very goal oriented.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-03-02 at 7:43 AM, Blitz Boom said:
On 2021-03-02 at 12:11 AM, abrony-mouse said:

"I hope that were not the case, and instead, they just retreated to here, but... Much does depend on what those feline figures may have been.

You need to remember that a sphinx deal is not simply words. It is near primordial, powerful magic. It seals a deal between the two that must be honored, which is why one needs to pick their words wisely, when making one with the sphinx. Even they cannot break their word on a deal, without facing repercussions. So they tend to leave themselves some wriggle room in the wording of the deal they make, so they can change things some, though still technically be within the boundaries of the deal.

Trying to manipulate the deal too much, by for example ensuring the other party cannot fulfil their part, as it were agreed upon, will count as cheating, and hence, be struck down upon by the magic even harder.

If we assume what we saw where the results of a deal being broken by the deer, the feline figures may represent the magic hunting them down, ready to swing harsh judgement upon them. A judgement which I should mention, could be anything. Primordial magic of any kind, is something which holds grand potential, and as such, the punishment could be a myriad of things. Though many scholars tends to say that they consider the punishments karmic in nature, somehow.

In any case, if we go further by this theory, it could be that they retreated to this temple, and in desperation, chose one of them to bear the full punishment, meant for them all. I could not say how it would be done, but in theory, they might have transferred their collective *debt* upon one, and that is what we are seeing there. We cannot even tell if there is truly a blade, or if it is something else with a curve either, with how damaged these depictions are.

Fuchsia listens to Billowing and wondered about the theory, it did seem plausible and it made the temple even grimmer. The site of the deer last retreat and sacrifice of the proud looking stag leader. If the deer had retreated here and it existed already then she wondered what culture had originally built the temple. If not and the deer constructed this then they must have had a need for traps and long narrow corridors. She removes the spirit catcher from her mouth, "If it was a Sphinx pact then I wonder if the deer put in all these traps to try to avoid their fate?"

Still, it is just a theory. It could also be they sacrificed their own for power, which sadly happened at times back in the day. And still does in places now honestly, though it were more widespread then, before sacrificial magic were banned in the majority of the civilized world. The cats may just be representing some kind of monster they ran from, before settling in here, and building this temple. We will need more evidence, so keep your eyes out for more."

This were getting fascinating to him. A historical site of some importance perhaps. Which may include them being able to see the results of a sphinx curse broken? There were not many depictions of that, to his knowledge, so more of it were certainly not hurting. Plus, it were rather fascinating, as well as a sober reminder to not make deals with the sphinx. Or if you did, to not try and run from your end of the bargain.

Wandering further inside, they wouldn't see any depictions for a while. There seemed to be some words that had once been there, but time and apparently, something being used to scrape the words off the walls a long time ago, had made it impossible to make anything out.

Going further in however, they would soon be encountered with something new: A large, open room, in which a soft blue glow emanated from the small streams of water, that flowed down some furrows in the... Wall...

He went further to inspect something he didn't think were right at first, but it seemed to be so: The water were running upwards. Something were apparently pushing it away from further below. Or were it simply magically charged? He really should have brought some kits to test that, but it just hadn't crossed his mind at the time. *sigh* His loss, yes?

The rest of the room were empty and dusty, though if they looked around, they'd be able to find there were one thing depicted here. Fuchsia would likely bite note in it first, as Billowing were busy with the water for now.

It looked like a collection of deer, starring down at whoever would be wandering towards the exit to this room further on. The eyes were not very emotionally, as there never were much of that in old carvings, due to how things were done at the time. So the context to this, as well as the word *Never* were hard to say. Whatever else had been written there, had been scorched beyond recognition. What exactly had somepony tried to hide here?

Fuchsia stays close to Billowing and approaches the water gingerly, holding up her spirit catcher just in case it is a trap... but it doesn't make any noise to herald danger. As she turns her head away to survey the room she notices the wall fresco by the exit and investigates it. She sends her bauble over to the fresco to light it up further and the eyes of the deer almost seem to move with it, the flickering making it seem like the legs of the deer are shifting D: Above the exit there is a strange looking deer - it looks like the 'sacrificed' stag from before... but it has no antlers now and its eyes look strange...as does its hide - it seems paler and gaunt, but it is difficult to tell - it may be a trick of the light, or wear? 

She gets a thought before approaching and holds up the spirit catcher towards the threatening stag-like fresco and she freezes and her fur stands on end as it gives a low chime! She cannot immediately see any source of danger, but she doesn't approach the exit or the fresco, just in case. She feels the sunken eyes of the 'stag' bore into the back of her head as she heads back towards Billowing.

She retreats to Billowing and tells him about the fresco.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Silica would nod as she ate her food and listened to what Orchid was saying. She would smile some "You have a point there, Orchid. Possession would mean she would be in control, complete control, but I am my own mare" she'd say as she would look to Bellarouse and smiles at her "She is a lovely cat" she says before looking back to Orchid and nodding "I am willing to wait"

Edited by Silicon Chimera

@Blitz Boom

Mangolia glanced to Zeehva silently and put her own hoof around her side, in some sort of hug but not quite. She lamented upon what she had mentioned. It was quite a twist, having the answers right there but not being ready, or having the courage or mental stamina to open it up and read. Magnolia would have read it right there and then, but Zeehva didn't want to do that it had seemed.

"Your potions, they were not something I had expected to say the least. How did you do it? How did you...defeat me? I would have easily defeated you if you did not have that Ace up your sleeve. It was interesting how you always seemed to follow wherever I had went. But what is more...pressing is the contents of that folder. Should you lose it, you lose what really happened...so be careful with that. I never asked this before, or thought of it until now...what did Scarcity have to do with...him? It confuses me." Magnolia spoke in more of a low whisper, not wanting Gretha to hear this because it was so personal to them. Magnolia frowned somewhat, hoping Scarcity was not behind anything...horrible. She had hoped not.

"And as for what we will do...perhaps something like that. But what was that town where...we were at before? I never been to that place and had discovered it randomly on my travels. I sensed a great degree of magic there, it was a prime feeding ground, if you will. Perhaps I can do what I normally did...but not in a...bad way?" Magnolia had asked innocently, her eyes quite soft as she asked, like a child looking to that of their mother. 

And as for Gretha, she would ask a rather dark question suddenly. "Allow me to ask, have you yourself aten any ponies? Out of sheer curiosity..." 

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Cali would laugh at the comment about math. "Math? Who needs that? I can't even add single digits in my head sometimes. I am sure egg headed on that one. And as for mechanic stuff, it does pollute where I am from unfortunately. Literally everything relies on oil, gas, kerosene and other such things. Most of our machines are powered by it, but there have been efforts to change this last time I was there. I ain't going back." she looked at Light's comments about the other Cali's.

"I have no clue what you are talking about quite frankly. And I don't want anything to do with...whatever that is really." Cali frowned, crossing her arms.

(edited)

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

Light gave Molotove a judging look and said..

" Chill.... I was just asking if it was true or false... anyway... So your answer to me is false?.... Can you check your memory once more molotov. And you too blue and luna. Can you recall what i said?"

On 2021-03-03 at 6:21 AM, Kujamih said:

1 plus 1 equals 2.... Is that correct?"

@Califorum

Light casually pats Cali's back.

" You already did...."

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Alright. I guess Sen’s already had enough of the clown paint. A shame, really. I doubt there’ll be a moment when I can tease him like this again.”

“You got that right! The teasing won’t get to me next time. I’ll probably keep the honking nose, or I might give it to Omen’s siblings. They probably want something to entertain themselves. I'm off to wash this paint off. Won't be long.”

Sen left for a moment to look for the nearest washroom and clean himself up. What he said was true, that Omen’s siblings might like something. Between seeing their reaction to the siblings playing ball with each other to Lin bringing some scrolls to Mother’s realm from way back, seems like it might just become a habit with the two of them. Shame the nose might be going away; it was entertaining for Lin. 

In the meantime, the longma took a moment to just look at the pictures of herself with the group. She fell silent, contemplating on the happiness preserved in the moment. As much as she had fun ribbing her brother, the smiles she see on the picture looked a lot more genuine. She couldn’t help but smile back at what she saw, a calming reminder of the few times in recent history when she could just be herself. 

“You know, Omen? The more you mention those blunt comments of yours, the more I believe you’ve had a, uh… colorful past. Sounds like you’ve got lots of interesting stories to tell. I admit, you got me curious. Whatever happened to that screaming colt after he got his cookie jar?”

@abrony-mouse

On 2021-03-05 at 12:39 AM, Fuchsia said:

She removes the spirit catcher from her mouth, "If it was a Sphinx pact then I wonder if the deer put in all these traps to try to avoid their fate?"

"Or perhaps, their leader did, to keep something from being found? Just look at the depictions. The further in we have gotten, the more destroyed they are. And this one showing some regular, non-descript deer, potentially being sacrificed? Whatever happened here, and for whatever reason, their leader did something foolish. I just can't tell yet what it might have been, and what the consequences of it were.

Though I know one thing at least. You can't hide from that sort of magic, in a temple of stone. These traps took a long time to make back in the day as well, even if you did have magic. Either the damage they received were slow - perhaps indicating some kind of curse - or this place were already build beforehoof. If they were making deals with Sphinx, it may well have been that, as these sorts of structures were favored by the sphinx. It may well have been built to gain their attention, or were made by their orders.

Still, we're assuming this first theory is right. We still can't say for sure. Not until we dive in deeper, and find some answers. Though I will say the traps we have encountered thus far, are somewhat weird. Such as the wall. It came at a good time, but it's placement makes it seem like it were meant to trap whoever came to look inside. Why not place it so that it would crush whoever stepped on the trigger? I'm thankful it wasn't, but it would be more sensible."

There were much to think of here, that were for sure. And sadly, they weren't able to see much yet, as so much of the evidence they had encountered, had been ruined with age, or deliberately destroyed. It were something he wanted answers too though. And if none were here, he'd seek out some deer, to see if they knew something. They cared for their ancestors, so they may know something about this place.

On 2021-03-05 at 12:39 AM, Fuchsia said:

She gets a thought before approaching and holds up the spirit catcher towards the threatening stag-like fresco and she freezes and her fur stands on end as it gives a low chime! She cannot immediately see any source of danger, but she doesn't approach the exit or the fresco, just in case. She feels the sunken eyes of the 'stag' bore into the back of her head as she heads back towards Billowing.

For a brief moment, if she looked closely, Fuchsia would be able to see a pale, flickering light within the left socket of the depicted deer. Maybe it were just a trick of the light though, seeing how brief it were? Though it would likely not help on the somewhat intimidating look she felt it gave off. Even if it were nothing but cold, dead stone.

Billowing reacted as he heard Fuchsia move away from the door, and some kind of faint chime, which he assumes have something to do with the spirit catcher she carries around with her.

"Fuchsia? Did something happen?"

He'd look up towards the various depictions of deer gathered up, looking down towards whoever would walk in, or out, of the path forward.

"An attempt at intimidation it seems. Yet even this have been vandalized. I swear, if we find the inner chamber, and see it both looted, and vandalized, I am reprising my theory to include grave robber. Detestable things have no respect for the tombs they rummage through."

He were trying to make more light of the situation, though he did run some tests now with a weary eye, and throwing some pebble, and a bit of the odd water, through the entrance, just to see if something would happen. Which so far, didn't appear to be the case. It would just stay as it were, slightly menacing, and silent.

========================================================================

@Silicon Chimera

"Most days she are indeed, unless she gets no feed. She becomes very irate, if her dinners gets too late."

She were a lovely cat, and about as mellow as they came, but she were still a cat, and a living being too. She'd get cranky and clingy like most if she got hungry, and a little nasty and annoying if it went further. One of several reasons why he always made sure to have some emergency rations in his backpack for her, more than himself. Orchid knew what to eat in nature to be fine. Bellarouge though, ate what roamed in nature, and it weren't always willing to stand still and be hunted. So it were wiser to have her in mind, when packing extra rations, beyond the regular ones.

"As for what to do, when it comes to you... It will take time to gather what we need, from roots that smells sickeningly sweet, to foulest, rotten, vilest weed. A project of some some length, so weapon yourself with strength. I will have to travel afar, so may I ask if is this normally where you are?"

========================================================================================

@Califorum

On 2021-03-05 at 1:15 AM, Magnolia said:

"Your potions, they were not something I had expected to say the least. How did you do it? How did you...defeat me? I would have easily defeated you if you did not have that Ace up your sleeve. It was interesting how you always seemed to follow wherever I had went. But what is more...pressing is the contents of that folder. Should you lose it, you lose what really happened...so be careful with that. I never asked this before, or thought of it until now...what did Scarcity have to do with...him? It confuses me."

"It is my specialty. Magic leaves residue behind for a time, and I can feel it, and gather it up. It didn't really do much for me before I went to Zebrica though. I just gathered it up, and then I gave it to another, who knew how to use it to power up crystals. I don't know how she did that, but she seemed happy that I did this for her, so that was important, right?

After I met my to be husband though, I moved to Zebrica to be with him, and started to try and pass their trials. It's a traditional country, and where he lived, much more so. It weren't well seen for somepony there to couple with a non-zebra, which caused some issues, sadly. He didn't care about it, bless his heart, but I didn't want them to shun him, because of me. So I challenged them to test me. It wasn't easy to get through their trials, but I managed to get their approval and respect in the end. That's why I have these stripes painted into my fur. It's how they showed I understood, and followed their ways and values, enough to be seen as one of them.

But uhm... I g-guess I ramble a little. The point is that during those trials, I had to work with potions too, and the one testing me, bit note in what I could do with magic. Once the trials were over, she took me aside, and told me that she knew how to utilize this gift. A tough old mare she is, but she thought it a sign, and taught me how to mix the magic into magical potions. That's what I did before. Like... When I were tracking you, yes? I took some parts of other magic, and some you left behind, to track you. The one where I vanished, were based a lot on pixie magic. Which sadly, I need to get more of eventually. They're... Very testing creatures to be around."

She felt Gretha chuckle slightly beneath her, as a low vibration went through the dragoness. It seemed she knew well about those creatures, an as such, likely knew how they were a bunch of irritants. A little like kitsune, though on a lesser scale.

"I'm still learning new concoctions, and it doesn't always go well, but I'm getting a hang of things a little by little. And I can make regular flasks too. The zebra wouldn't accept things being made half well only, when I were tested.

And I don't know what she were doing with Him, of all ponies. It were clear she weren't too thrilled to see him either, but I'm guessing his bosses sent him, and she just had to accept it, as she had been hired to do a job."

She'd lower her voice to respond to this, as it seemed Magnolia wished for this to be a little more private. It were just sad that she didn't have more of a response to it, than this. She just couldn't tell, sadly.

"And as for what we will do...perhaps something like that. But what was that town where...we were at before? I never been to that place and had discovered it randomly on my travels. I sensed a great degree of magic there, it was a prime feeding ground, if you will. Perhaps I can do what I normally did...but not in a...bad way?"

"That town, were called Ponyville. And it is indeed brimming with magic. But not the kind we should do anything about.

There are frequent visits from draconequui, and Discord himself lives there. So does the wearers of the elements of harmony, and an actual alicorn. There were powerful residue everywhere, but I didn't touch much of it myself. Chaos is not something I have tried using before, and alicorn magic? Even a drop of that would brim with potential, and it didn't seem the time to experiment. Not unless things got more desperate, but thankfully it didn't go so bad.

I think you could perhaps help with dark, or cursed magic in places, but Ponyville doesn't have that, from everything I've seen and heard. It's just a very, very weird place."

And as for Gretha, she would ask a rather dark question suddenly. "Allow me to ask, have you yourself aten any ponies? Out of sheer curiosity..."

"Not personally, no. I felt bad when hearing you scream, so I didn't go that far. Though I do remember toying around with a few of your kind in my younger years. Some of you were fun little things to play with. Self-proclaimed knights, there to end the great dragon scourge. Aaah. How brazen you once were, in the face of certain death."

She chuckled a little further, as they flew merrily along. At a good speed too. It seemed they had already covered about a third of the way, and this were at a rather leisurely pace.

====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-03-05 at 4:07 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Alright. I guess Sen’s already had enough of the clown paint. A shame, really. I doubt there’ll be a moment when I can tease him like this again.”

“You got that right! The teasing won’t get to me next time. I’ll probably keep the honking nose, or I might give it to Omen’s siblings. They probably want something to entertain themselves. I'm off to wash this paint off. Won't be long.”

"Siblings like presents. We find another nose, and you keep this?"

Omen nodded to this idea, of giving them this nose. A simple, boring thing for most perhaps, but in a world of no substance than their own, these small glimmers into the worlds beyond, were special to them. Be it a honking nose, a calculator, a shiny stone, etc. There were untold items in the multiverse, and they were happy to toy around with any of them. Question remained if Mother would let them keep it, but this seemed harmless, so that were maybe fine then. She were not a cruel mother, who did not want her children to have toys. She simply worried about things that were too dangerous, or alive, which present their own problems. It would be like giving a goldfish, or other small critter to a toddler. Eventually, they'd try to put it in their mouths, and the siblings were not really all that different.

That is why she suggested that perhaps, they found a replica, and Sen kept this memory instead. Even she understood that it were not good to give them important things, and this was a memory of today. That sounded important, yes?

"I side with Lin on this, but let's be fair here. We have been after him for a while now, and we have the evidence of what happened here. It's time to have this set in memory, and allow him to have a little fun, that doesn't include him being swarmed by curious foals."

He'd smirk as he saw Sen wander along, and looking for a place where he could wash the face paint off, and return to simply being an oddity. Rather than an oddity, that looked like he could use a foamy pie to the face.

He wouldn't have to look long for a washroom, though he should be happy he weren't looking for a toilet at the same time. The line for that at the nearest one, were about a dozen ponies long. The washing station were thankfully only a few ponies, and were mostly from a couple of adults who had to splash some water in their face, or wash their hooves. Small, quickly completed tasks.

On 2021-03-05 at 4:07 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“You know, Omen? The more you mention those blunt comments of yours, the more I believe you’ve had a, uh… colorful past. Sounds like you’ve got lots of interesting stories to tell. I admit, you got me curious. Whatever happened to that screaming colt after he got his cookie jar?”

"I thought he screamed because he wanted cookies."

"I am getting the feeling this won't be a story that ends well. What did you do next?"

"I put the cookies in his muzzle. Like Master Discord liked."

Rosa shook his head a little, and Omen tilted her head to the left, confused as to his reaction.

"That was wrong?"

"Yes Omen, it were. You should have just put down the jar, and left."

"Why? Giving him the cookies made him stop."

"Was it because his muzzle were full?"

"Yes. Then he ran upstairs. I left."

"And why did you leave right then?"

"He wanted the cookies. I gave them to him, and did not want to talk. That means to leave, yes?"

"Omen... I think one day, you need to be told the concept of breaking and entering."

"Master Discord said that was how you got to know new creatures."

Rosa let out a deep sigh, and shook his head. of course this were the sort of thing that he had been teaching her... Stars above, what a grand creature he were...

==============================================================

On 2021-03-05 at 4:39 AM, Kujamih said:

" Chill.... I was just asking if it was true or false... anyway... So your answer to me is false?.... Can you check your memory once more molotov. And you too blue and luna. Can you recall what i said?"

"You said that one plus one equals three. I got it right down to memory, and I sure ain't thinking anything else."

Okay, truth be told, something were nagging him about this. He weren't sure why, but he were feeling there were some conflicting thought on what exactly had been said. He could swear that he had heard three, and yet... There were another number roaming round his head. That being two, and it were confusing him a bit here, quite frankly. He tried keeping his game face on, but this were a bit iffy. Had Light done some mind messing on him? Were the lad actually a changeling?

On 2021-03-05 at 3:38 AM, Cali said:

Cali would laugh at the comment about math. "Math? Who needs that? I can't even add single digits in my head sometimes. I am sure egg headed on that one. And as for mechanic stuff, it does pollute where I am from unfortunately. Literally everything relies on oil, gas, kerosene and other such things. Most of our machines are powered by it, but there have been efforts to change this last time I was there. I ain't going back." she looked at Light's comments about the other Cali's.

"I have no clue what you are talking about quite frankly. And I don't want anything to do with...whatever that is really." Cali frowned, crossing her arms.

"This here I get more. Plain and simple. And nasty. Sounds like your world's in a load of trouble, if it's polluted like that. I mean, don't folks get that if the planet they're on dies, they're going right to Tartarus? Or have you folks found other planets? Man, that'd be something. Mom always wished to get up there, and see what were going on. Never got far enough with her rocket designs to get all the way though. *sigh* Hopefully whoever gets her paperwork on this, will be able to finish her work.

Anyway, your place: Hoping they get to change things, before it goes awry."

Molotov would smile, then scratch the back of his head, as he got to the point where he figured he might as well drop the act, and address Light. Just at the same time as the pancakes showed up for Blue and her mate. Steaming hot, buttered up, and with glistening situp flowing down the sides. That right there were a good looking meal. Impressive they got it done so fast too, but they might've been prepping it, and she hit at a good time for it.

And... Eeergh, are you messing with my head, Light? I'm getting conflicting thoughts for some reason. You sure you ain't a changeling?"

• Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom

Silica would smile and nod at what he had said, smiling some more and shook her head "Oh no, I honestly, do not really have a place to stay" she would say to him "I kind of just travel, maybe stay in one place a couple of days until I have some bits in store and move on" she would look to him "I guess that is kind of the downside of not being a 'normal' mare" she'd say, looking down a little.

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia had listened calmly, noticing how much distance they have covered in so little time. She was quite glad to put Scarcity and where they were before behind for good. She didn't want to go back there, or at least anytime soon. What Zeehva spoke of was very interesting to Magnolia. "That is all very...interesting to say the least...I didn't know that a pony could integrate within the Zebras like you did...although that begs the question...how did you meet your husband? Or do you not want to talk about this or that...? Either way it is perfectly fine by me as long...as you are okay with it...." Magnolia sighed and let her eyes close for a little bit.

"Your magic with flasks...I never heard of any sort of magic of that nature besides witchcraft or alchemy perhaps...it is quite potent and easy to underestimate as I did admittedly. Ponyville...who would even name a town that?" Magnolia huffed slightly, finding that name a bit dubious in all honesty. "As for...helping I am not sure I'd be any good at that. I want to help you...for us to help each other before we do anything else, right? At least, I'd think that is a good plan..." she would drone on slightly in her words, her eyes going a bit softer at her imagining them eventually resolving their personal problems. But that would take time. Lots of time.

Magnolia would thus address Gretha with a sigh of relief. She wouldn't know how she would have felt if Greatha actually did eat ponies. Then again, she could be lying but Magnolia wouldn't question. "Riddle me this, what is your...advice on moving forward from a life of pain and...suffering?" she would ask in hopes of Gretha speaking something wise to her and Zeelva. They probably needed it after all. 

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali looked rather disapprovingly towards light. "I am not even sure where he comes up with what he says...I know that I am pretty strange but he is just on another level. Can you like, tell me where you actually come from? Who actually are you?" Cali asked him as if offended but then saw the pancakes come and looked to them hungrily, but she had already ate and drinking enough to satisfy her for now.

Then she would look to Molotov. "For my world we have some bases on the Moon, and plans to put stations and bases on other nearby planets however there have been action to curb fossil fuel usage last time I was there. Like making more electric vehicles, etc. I don't know much about that but, I hope my planet finds its way. But I'm not going back there, its not a very nice place. If you want some rocket plans though...I might have something." Cali would pull out a few books she had stolen from the government once, detailing various rocket plane, engine and thruster designs. It was in English so they were able to be read. She also pulled out a few stolen blue prints for such things as well and handed them to Molotov, awaiting his reaction with a bit of a grin.