Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

“Whoa! Alright, I see when I’m beat.” 

Sen instinctively tried to wrestle Omen’s tongue off his face, though he immediately recognized that he wasn’t in any trouble and decided to relax. If this passes for Discord’s idea of self-defense, the longma conceded. No point in drawing out the conversation if there was already an answer. And knowing exactly what just happened right then and there, Sen is already convinced. 

“Given how odd that whole display was, I guess Discord had his bases covered when he taught you that trick. No one would expect having a tongue wrapped around the face. No use saying otherwise, because I’d look like a fool for challenging… that kind of defense.” 

By then, the siblings conceded and waited in line until it was their turn. For now, they’d part ways with Omen and sat on the swing ride. It was odd, getting a feel of a machine designed for such a task was new and foreign, but they agreed to give this one a shot and see what happens next. Once they were on board, the ride swung back and forth first, a little tame, but that gave the siblings a deceptively calm start. 

Once the swinging sped up, the back and forth growing more intense, that’s when the siblings could understand where the appeal for these things comes from. That, and the growing churning in Lin’s stomach was beginning to grow more noticeable. Sen was clearly enjoying himself, screaming as the swing made a full rotation, then another. The upside-down parts were really nerve-wracking as that’s when the ride slowed down and the anticipation grew.

Lin didn’t quite get that same feeling of excitement as she was trying to keep herself from making a mess. She remained silent, closing her eyes and did what she could to avoid thinking about what was happening. By the time the ride was over, she stumbled out in a daze before propping herself up by a nearby trash can to… relieve herself. 

“Uh, Rosa? I think we may need to tone down the thrill rides.” Sen commented as he walked over to his sister to check up on her. There didn’t seem to be any lasting damage, though Lin would spend a few more minutes by the trash can until she felt better. 

“I… ugh.. feel… terrible. Got a weak… stomach… after all.”

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

"Oh. I figured it were somewhat recent. If it's been years, then yeah, whatever side effects are probably negligent. Good that it ain't worse."

"Even if there were 'worse' side effects I still wouldn't change it for anything else in the world. It is what makes up who I am and I'm not going to lose that. Because if I do, I am powerless and weak. Which is something that I have told myself I will never ever become no matter what." Cali stated in a rather sure manner of herself.

"Monkey? Is that what humans are evolved from? Huh... Well that'd not be entirely too far off the sorta thing you'd see from the biology lab then. Those folks sure did love a good, thorough autopsy of various creatures. Truth be told, bunch'a weirdoes the lot of 'em, but the anatomy charts were spectacular. Wasn't any fun getting kicked into the refuse barrel though... Eeeergh, but I guess I kinda shouldn't have called the head researcher *Sweet little piece of bio-deliciousness*. I might've done the same thing in her case."

He had an issue with running his muzzle like that, but yeah, that was his issue, not theirs. Currently, anyway, as he wasn't hitting on any of them. Hard for hi to do, when When were still rummaging around his mind. Of all the mares for him to fall head over heels for, it had to be the one with the sister who liked to beat the tar out of anyone hitting on her younger sister.

Well, momma didn't raise a quitter though, a nd she'd be back, he knew it. He had to help with her violent elder sisters wing after all, so there were no way around it. And next time, he'd really put the charm on. As well as maybe some sorta protective gear.

"You have seen me as a human. Humans are interesting species, our greed and ego is second to none yet we can also do amazing good things that benefit a lot of people. More bad, though. But that is actually not the case. You see, in Earth's ancient past there was once a common ancestor of humans, monkeys, and all sorts of apes. Humans are just one 'line' of evolution stemming back to that great ancestor. Of course, all of this is just all just a theory." Cali said with a laugh.

"At least in my belief, on our Earth there is substantial evidence that past civilizations existed with much more advanced technology than our own. We are told that we humans thousands of years ago had nothing more than stone tools, or minimal technology. But there are ancient sites where there are perfectly cut and carved stone blocks that weigh thousands of pounds, hundreds of thousands of pounds even. On the ocean floors we have found the ruins of past civilizations that go back way farther than any of us thought possible." she paused, letting that information sink in. "The construction of which could only be possible with levitation, magic or sufficient technology. The evidence is quite clear, yet so many dismiss it as a fairytale." Cali said with a bit of rage there. She knew what she believed.

Blitz let out a high pitched, gleeful sound as she saw Cali burst into flames, whilst other onlookers just sorta... Well, y'know. Screamed and ran off in fear. Frankly, she were not making a good impression on the sane creatures.

"That was awesome!!!"

Blitz would go over and hug Cali's leg, latching on like some sorta glue-covered parasite. Seriously, she wouldn't be able to shake her off that easily, before she were done with the hug.

"I wish I could make a fire mane. Then I could like... Light a lotta fuses, and roast stuff on my head! And light up caves real easy! Uuuh, maybe I could-"

"You're not setting your head on fire, Blitz. You're not great great grandma Crackledee Boom. If you're nice, you can work on a helmet with a fire-show on top though."

Another gleeful yelp would come from Blitz, as she'd let go of Cali, and start bouncing around, as happy as any pony could look.

Cali laughed at how Blitz reacted, she smiled as the small filly hugged her. She hugged back and patted her head, sort of hugging her in a way. Cali was extremely soft, like a pillow. Perhaps that was something she did so Blitz would enjoy the hug more. Cali was also entertained with how the others ran off like they did.

"You cannot make a fire mane without burning your actual mane, or performing some sort of advanced spell which is something ponies your age should probably not be dabbling in just for your own safety. I know I may seem insane, weird, and unhinged but that is because I know what I am capable of and I know what I am doing." Cali said calmly as Blitz bounded around, still with a grin on her face.

Luckily, for her Blitz, the mares did get a good laugh when the latter talked about the city of New York “Not all places in Equestria are peaceful but K can guarantee the country is mostly very safe and free of criminal activity. It took many even six months before I manage to encounter a thief and I actually caught them in their first try”

"Well that pleases me quite well. Anything here is better than my home world. I intend to stay here for the rest of my days and I do not want to go back or into any other dimensions. I like it here. I like ponies, and I like you two. I guess we could be considered friends, all of us. It feels...pleasing." Cali said somewhat happily.

"To be fair, it helps a ton that Equestria have a robust rehabilitation program too. Every criminal caught will be run through, and have a high percent chance to become a valued citizen afterwards. And no Cali, it ain't mind control. It's stuff like help with work experience, psych evaluations, and help if they do have issues, therapy, consultations, and so, so many programs to help reintegrating folks into society. There's a lot of stuff really. but that's part of why most who goes into the justive system, gets reintegrated as better citizens.

...Aaaand then there's others who gets turned to stone, or tossed into another dimension. Honestly, the system ain't perfect."

"Unlike in my world where the court systems themselves are corrupt and they throw criminals into quite appalling and violent jail conditions. Often times, having long sentences. Some of them have life sentences for the most miniscule of things. They don't have any of that for prisoners in my world, at least where I am from. Some areas are much better, though. Another reason I am staying here because you ponies care so much about your citizens unlike citizens of my world."

@Monotonality @Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

" Dang it.. i can feel more hickups and distortions now.... I hope it doesn't get worse...." 

light then starts to wonder of like blitz and doing his own thing now.. from rumijing and touching random stuff and observing other ponies.

Light tried to analyze Cali then quickly break eye contact and realized understanding her is the same as understanding pinkie pie, plus he knows how he already knows she is from another dimension and attracts alot of weird stuff....

Then he tried analyzing Molotov... But again he didn't see anything unusual and is also the same as understanding pinkie... So he quckly averted his eyes to Blitz.

" I'm definitely going to make you a super hero." Light said while starring eye to eye with Blitz, while giving her a high five.

then he gave his attention to the 2 pegasi....

Light could see their fates are highly attached to each other and was also the one that produced a void...

" What will happen if i tried to seperate the both of you..." Light mumbled...

• Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-04-18 at 8:35 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"I know not what lurks in The Place.  I've yet to see or feel anything in there.  Perhaps it fears my lights when I pass through.  Or mayhaps there really is nothing and it is a true void.  Questions I hardly worry about myself," Dawn admitted.  "I'll have to keep that in mind when using that mode of transport with the elderly," she chuckled.  "Although simply leaving a pony stranded in That Place would be rather difficult without my spell.  It is a space between spaces after all.  When my spell is not longer present, the pony would slip back into space.  Usually somewhere between the two points I connected.  For example you'd just appear somewhere in Manehatten between my manor and this diner."

"It may be that there is nothing in this place. I know of space between, but who is to say that there is only one? Could well be that what I feel pressing against the edge, is from another one.

Yet be that as it may, at least it is good to know that there is no chance of being stuck there. Creatures or not, I doubt it would be pleasant to be there for an extended period of time, not to mention finding yourself trapped. I'd prefer undeath in its many forms over that.

...Hmm, to a certain extend. I wouldn't like being engulfed by a Boghunter. Or whatever the Helhests would do to me. Remnants of a bygone era, without a master to serve... Who knows what may happen to those they catch? But I doubt you'd care much about the finer studies of ingrained necromantic energies, or deeper insight into the relations on gods. At least not currently."

Lily would take a sip of water, and try to think of something to speak of that may fit better with this sun-filled, happy area. A little hard though, as her world had not exactly been full of such things historically, nor for her personally. Suppose she'd find something to focus on that would elevate the mood a bit, and not make whatever patrons that might be listening in, get concerned.

"We have many different types of ways to get sweets.  Honey, syrup, fruits, but when it comes to sugar, it all just comes from sugar cane.  We have fields and fields of it all over Equestria.  Supply has never been a problem," D

Ah, here might be something more calming, beyond just sitting still and watch as Dawn's rainbow magic were on display. A weird coloration in her mind, but she supposed it made sense for this mare to have that, as flair and being taken notice of were a trait of hers. Though she did also suspect that Dove were artificially coloring her magic. Just a hunch, and not something worth bringing up she supposed. Or at least not out here, where she might not be as forthcoming, seeing how others were listening in on her, and she likely had a reputation to maintain.

"I envy you. With the restrictions put on us back home, rationing, and being wise with what you work with, had to be the main focus. One can hope that now, we may be able to start farming in more abundance, and maybe start using proper materials for our homes, and scarecrows. Neither have been as grand as they once were. I can imagine the next two years especially will be of great importance. A good time for anyone with a mind to assert themselves."

"Wait, my brother ate bugs?  Did he know he ate bugs?" she asked but knew the answer all too well.  Oh she was going to have such a wonderful conversation with her brother later.  The gleam in her eyes and curt smile was already betraying her impish plans. 

"I doubt he were told. We believe that unless you ask what you're eating, you're not being told the details. With the need for inventive substitutes over the centuries, there comes a point where any smart being knows to just be thankful there is food, and not ask into where it came from, or what's in it. I would strongly urge you that if you go there at some point, you do not question the food. Or if you're truly squeamish, go ahead. Lest it is a kitchen meant for the royals, there is always the chance for... Inventive substitutions."

The food would arrive shortly after she said that, if not during, and she'd be looking at her meal. Pancakes as well, yet hers with mostly forest berries, which would sit tantalizing and fresh looking, so she would certainly give them that their produce were seemingly good. Or at least fresh, but the two things should realistically go together.

Her eyes glowed with a slight brown and dark combination, as the wooden-looking magic would lift her own utensilies, and cut a minor piece of the pancakes. She'd tentatively take a bite from that, along with a half berry, and what amounted to half a teaspoon of the syrup, to better try and taste what the combination were like, and why it seemed to tantalizing for Dawn. Surely it couldn't be as good as she were implying. Not for one with taste buds aligned otherwise, like herself.

Eventually, she'd get a look on her face best described as reluctant, positive surprise, as the chewed up piece were gulped down, and she moved on to take larger, more fulfilling bites from the breakfast combination.

"I will admit to not having thought much, but this is... No, tolerable seems an insult. It's good. I did not expect this sticky, sugary substance to be so personally, but it fits these cakes nicely."

She too would then add a larger layer to her portion, and start eating through it. It were not something that she would consider to be good, nor wanted, as a stable meal, but as an occasional treat? Yes, she could see this being well received in her life, more than this one time. She would have to find out how these were made at some point, that she may attempt to copy it sometimes. Or at least something similar, as she could imagine this place wished to keep their recipes a secret.

"It is an interesting way to start the day. Is this a stable for the early day in this area? Furthermore, I would like to ask, what your plans may be, when we are done here? I can wait, if you prefer privacy. I am not in a position to make a stand of any kind, or demand answers, after all. I can weapon myself with patience. It is simply that I do not know what to speak of otherwise. Most stories and information I have grown with, I doubt would be well liked by too many in this place.  They seem... Innocent of mind, more or less."

==============================================================================

@Scarlet Rose

"All written down, can be found in this forest, or town. Several I have gathered already, so I know where they will be."

He and Zecora nodded at one another, and took a further sip of the tea, before Orchid tried one of the snacks. If Silicon did too, she would find them to be somewhat sweet, with a spicy edge to it, and a healthy crunch on the outside. Nothing special, but lovely for their kind.

"Gather them for me, and you will see. The pot will be ready. Stirred evenly, and steady."

She wasn't saying what were going to happen, but so were the matter with her. She couldn't give the surprises away that easily, though it did leave open the option for there to be a bad way this could go, and it would end up being a less than pleasant experience. Best to not think about that though.

============================================================================

@Monotonality

On 2021-04-18 at 7:42 AM, Magnolia said:

"But it would be much better to begin learning how to drain from residue and crystals so I can increase my own magic without having to drain from living beings. Still, within me as I spoke before I have multiple ponies magic within me so I can easily hold my own against anyone but increasing my own ambient magic through non-violent methods is definitely something to look into. I would like to try something like that although I never got the chance. You are so full of good ideas." Magnolia spoke with a degree of conviction and interest in Zeehva's ideas.

"We'll try later then, but don't get discouraged if it doesn't work at first, okay? Residue magic is barely anything, even if it is all around us, so it is hard to track. Much less make use of."

With magic being cast everywhere, on a daily basis, magic truly were everywhere to be found, in small residues here and there. However, the amounts were small most of the times. She couldn't just fill a flask up like it were nothing. They were talking droplets and thimble sizes mostly, which meant that there weren't much to work with. It made mixing it essentially, to make proper use out of it. At least in her case, where she rarely had enough single element of magic to fill a beaker. The pixie magic had been different as it had been constantly active, but that were more the exception, than the norm.

On 2021-04-18 at 7:42 AM, Magnolia said:

"Well I can assure you we won't be causing a ruckus. At least, not anymore." Magnolia said as if hinting at something. "W-we thank you for your direction and look forward to meeting this Fishbone you speak of." her words were quite awkward. She had a hard time speaking thankfulness and words of similar nature. She wouldn't mind listening to what else he had to say, but she wanted to get in a nice comforting bed and enjoy Zeehva's presence.

"Glad I could help. Now you two better take off, alright? You both look like you could do with a good rest."

The sun were not even close to going down, but an early afternoon nap, might still do the two of them well. Zeehva at least could start to feel that she were a little emotional, as well as physically, drained from today, and would appreciate laying her head down for a few hours, maybe.

"Thank you for your help, Sea. Maybe we'll meet again sometime."

"I'm not planning to lay my shoes up anytime soon, so there's a chance. Take care."

He'd give a healthy smile at them, and once again lift his pibe in greetings, as Zeehva began leading them off the dock, and further towards the large city in front of them.

Sea Shanty would watch them wander off, standing calmly on the crate. Once they were out of hearing range though, he'd smirk a little further to himself, and take a few puffs off the pibe.

"So, the princess has an older sister then? Hmhmhm. Scarcity will definitely be interested in hearing about this."

With that mumbled to himself, he'd wander off, just as another pony called out for him, asking if everything was alright. To which he'd reply that there were no issues, and be on with his day. He'd have plenty of time to send the information after work.

Meanwhile, Zeehva would have lead them nearer the edge of town, and rightly so, it were hard not to notice the inn they had been told about. Not because of the three story building itself, as that were not all that noteworthy, even here on the outskirts of town. More that the building had been adorned in artwork of varied sea creature bones, painted on to said building, and the entrance were adorned with a large pair of shark jaws. The upper part being above the entrance, and the lower on either side of the ground, just where the teeth were softened to nubs down here, to avoid potential health hazards. Wouldn't be good for business if folks got cut walking in, now would it?

Inside, they'd find that there were a fair bit of folks in a cozy, fisherman's lodge sort of front, with a burly earth pony stallion behind the front desk/bar, cleaning glasses, and looking around to see if there were a need for him anywhere. His immense beard made it hard to see much of his face, but the brown eyes, beneath the bushy eyebrows, looked kind.

====================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-04-18 at 3:06 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Whoa! Alright, I see when I’m beat.” 

Sen instinctively tried to wrestle Omen’s tongue off his face, though he immediately recognized that he wasn’t in any trouble and decided to relax. If this passes for Discord’s idea of self-defense, the longma conceded. No point in drawing out the conversation if there was already an answer. And knowing exactly what just happened right then and there, Sen is already convinced. 

“Given how odd that whole display was, I guess Discord had his bases covered when he taught you that trick. No one would expect having a tongue wrapped around the face. No use saying otherwise, because I’d look like a fool for challenging… that kind of defense.” 

Omen would loosen and retract her tongue after Sen had given his surrender. It were fortunate that despite being soft and warm, like a room temperature snake, Omen did not produce saliva. otherwise, his face would've likely been somewhat sticky right now. Or at least wet, though neither were likely preferable for him, over having a nice dry face. He had gotten enough looks as it were, without having to be judged for being blindsided by a pony-shaped lizard creature. Which for the uninitiated, would likely be what Omen looked like in her little chameleon moment.

"It does seem to hold Discord's... Flair, to have this be a kind of defense, and I can see it working, in case somehow, the gates becomes unavailable. It is not the typical kind of self defense I would think of normally either, but considering the circumstances, I believe this may be the best we will get to, when it comes to Omen. I'm certain she's safe."

Might be she weren't, as there tended to always be someway that you could kill another, if you truly wished to, but Omen were almost certainly safe regardless, in his mind. The extremes were theories at best, and frankly, it were unlikely she'd attract that sort of ire, as though she were odd, she weren't malignant, in any sort of way. There wouldn't be much reason to use incredibly dangerous things on her. It were frankly more likely that she'd end up somehow wandering into something incredibly dangerous herself, out of pure curiosity.

On 2021-04-18 at 3:06 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Lin didn’t quite get that same feeling of excitement as she was trying to keep herself from making a mess. She remained silent, closing her eyes and did what she could to avoid thinking about what was happening. By the time the ride was over, she stumbled out in a daze before propping herself up by a nearby trash can to… relieve herself. 

“Uh, Rosa? I think we may need to tone down the thrill rides.” Sen commented as he walked over to his sister to check up on her. There didn’t seem to be any lasting damage, though Lin would spend a few more minutes by the trash can until she felt better. 

“I… ugh.. feel… terrible. Got a weak… stomach… after all.”

Rosa too would have wandered over to tend to Lin, and as could be heard by the worried chirps coming soon after, Omen had followed troop too. They were all concerned for her, though thankfully, they could all be at ease to know that it were just an upset stomach, and not something worse. Though Shrimp did slither over on Lin, and laid down on her head, whilst chirping softly, to try and make her feel better. He didn't understand what was going on really, but she were not feeling good, and smelly stuff had just come from her mouth, so he figured that she needed him.

"Let's just think of this as a hard learned lesson. Maybe the bumper cars had been a better idea to start with than this. Maybe we shoul-"

He'd stop, as a tongue-wrapped burrito in a paper wrapper, and a wooden soda can, would suddenly be next to him.

"...I were just about to suggest that. Did you know this would happen?"

"I have seen you like to eat things. I got them when you were screaming. It help with bad tastes, yes?"

"Yes. Thank you Omen, that was very thoughtful of you. I think it's best if we start with a drink. Lin? Would you like something to help with the aftertaste?"

The can were just next to her shoulder, so it would be easy to get. The burrito were also though, but that one might have to wait, as she might not be in the mood for food right now, even if it did look like a good, vegetarian dish.

There'd also be bundles of those and soda for the others, along with some fish nuggets that she weren't sure if anyone wanted to try, but they were offered, and some of them liked meat. Omen thought that it were something they'd maybe like.

"How was it up there? You screamed. Screaming means bad, yes?"

===============================================================================

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Monotonality

23 hours ago, Cali said:

"Even if there were 'worse' side effects I still wouldn't change it for anything else in the world. It is what makes up who I am and I'm not going to lose that. Because if I do, I am powerless and weak. Which is something that I have told myself I will never ever become no matter what." Cali stated in a rather sure manner of herself.

"Hey, long as there ain't something growing outta your skull, I think you're good. I think we can all agree that something like that, would be reason to worry, yeah?

And I getcha, y'know. Having my home assaulted, made me feel weak too, and I never wanted to have that again. That's why I put so much work into my new workshop. I don't wanna end up defenseless and at the mercy of something like that."

Sure it might not be on the same scale, but it were related really. They had been in a position were they felt weak and useless, then gotten the power to do something about it. Losing that, would be crushing, and so far, they both seemed to have a handle. her with her weird powers, and him with a multi-fortified workshop, that had already easily held against an assault a few days ago. So they were cool so far it seemed. Here were hoping it'd last.

23 hours ago, Cali said:

"You have seen me as a human. Humans are interesting species, our greed and ego is second to none yet we can also do amazing good things that benefit a lot of people. More bad, though. But that is actually not the case. You see, in Earth's ancient past there was once a common ancestor of humans, monkeys, and all sorts of apes. Humans are just one 'line' of evolution stemming back to that great ancestor. Of course, all of this is just all just a theory." Cali said with a laugh.

"At least in my belief, on our Earth there is substantial evidence that past civilizations existed with much more advanced technology than our own. We are told that we humans thousands of years ago had nothing more than stone tools, or minimal technology. But there are ancient sites where there are perfectly cut and carved stone blocks that weigh thousands of pounds, hundreds of thousands of pounds even. On the ocean floors we have found the ruins of past civilizations that go back way farther than any of us thought possible." she paused, letting that information sink in. "The construction of which could only be possible with levitation, magic or sufficient technology. The evidence is quite clear, yet so many dismiss it as a fairytale." Cali said with a bit of rage there. She knew what she believed.

"Huh. Sounds like you and our dragons got something in common then. Not a whole lot on it, and they don't let us go and dig for any clues currently, but there's been some ancient text found, before pony and dragon civilization as we know it right now, that points to there being a grand unified kingdom of some sort. The dragons were part of it, and it's believed that the ponies, and a few others might've been too, but everything so far, is very incomplete, and highly speculative. One of the archeologists in Center Zero had a few, salvaged bits and pieces, and it seemed to check out, with the carbon dating being tens of thousands of years past. And no, I have no idea how the paper lasted for that long either. Weren't my department, and I were never allowed to examine the thing directly. Nor were any of my family, since y'know, we're kinda flammable.

Anyway, only ones who might know of it, are the dragons, and so far, they all claim to know nothing. The oldest of 'em might know something, but if they do, they're refusing to tell it. Ancalagon, oldest of the elder dragons, would definitely, but again, not a peep from him on the matter. Rumor has it he's letting things play out, but theory is that the reason he, and whatever other elder dragons of his generation - or near it anyway - that's still alive refuse to talk, is because it directly correlates to the Equine/Dragon feud that's been lasting so long, that nopony really knows when it started, or why.

Again though, all theories and speculation. Story goes the historical society in Canterlot finally managed to get hold of a tome, that they're slowly trying to restore, so who knows? We might get some answers.

Huh, guess I went on a ramble... Eh, point is that it sounds plausible from your side too. Maybe your ancient civilization did something that more or less fried their brains beyond recognition, and returned them to a primal state? I could see that taking a long, long time, and generations, to get back on track.

Still... Hehe, you're a bunch of hairless monkeys. Should've bought some bananas before we left."

He might get smacked for that one, but he'd consider it worth it, cause to him at least, that was funny. Blitz got a small smirk too, even in her hyper state, so wasn't lost on everypony. That was good.

23 hours ago, Cali said:

Cali laughed at how Blitz reacted, she smiled as the small filly hugged her. She hugged back and patted her head, sort of hugging her in a way. Cali was extremely soft, like a pillow. Perhaps that was something she did so Blitz would enjoy the hug more. Cali was also entertained with how the others ran off like they did.

"You cannot make a fire mane without burning your actual mane, or performing some sort of advanced spell which is something ponies your age should probably not be dabbling in just for your own safety. I know I may seem insane, weird, and unhinged but that is because I know what I am capable of and I know what I am doing." Cali said calmly as Blitz bounded around, still with a grin on her face.

"Magic can do that?!"

"Awh grand. Thanks for putting That in her head. She's gonna be trying to sort out how to get that done, because when you say she shouldn't, what she really hears is that it's a challenge. Blitz is all the best and worst qualities of the Boom family. Raging intellect, and an incredible potential for scientific breakthroughs, mixed with the unpredictable energy, and general lack of common self-preservation, that have claimed a good chunk of our family throughout the ages. Combine that with how early she bloomed, and well... You get it."

Blitz were his own little nuclear reactor. Capable of so many great things, but Celestia have mercy upon Equestria, if she were mishandled, or not taken proper care of.

"Yeeeey. New future project! After all the funsies that goes BOOM! Hehehe."

She rubbed her head on Cali's leg again. Both from joy, and because frankly, Cali was soft. It felt like rubbing against a nice carpet, or a nice pillow.

On 2021-04-18 at 9:50 PM, Cali said:

"Well that pleases me quite well. Anything here is better than my home world. I intend to stay here for the rest of my days and I do not want to go back or into any other dimensions. I like it here. I like ponies, and I like you two. I guess we could be considered friends, all of us. It feels...pleasing." Cali said somewhat happily.

"Wait you're staying? Crickey... We're gonna need to have a sit down and talk what's bad to introduce into this dimension, alright? The forms and everything's all good, all good. But y'know, certain of those papers and such... I'd prefer the rest of your days, ain't the end of ours, y'know? Sides, I can help you acclimate and stuff too. Long as we set some ground rules on things, I can clear a room, until you find something else."

Crazy stuff, but y'know, might be the wise option, seeing how everypony else would like find her too crazy and dangerous to deal with, and Blitz had taken a liking to her (of course). Might as well try and make her acclimation process easier, right? Sides, she said they were friends. had to help a friend in need and all that.

On 2021-04-18 at 9:50 PM, Cali said:

"Unlike in my world where the court systems themselves are corrupt and they throw criminals into quite appalling and violent jail conditions. Often times, having long sentences. Some of them have life sentences for the most miniscule of things. They don't have any of that for prisoners in my world, at least where I am from. Some areas are much better, though. Another reason I am staying here because you ponies care so much about your citizens unlike citizens of my world."

"Yeah well, if you don't work on getting folks help, they're just gonna go out and commit more crime. You make sure they're helped, and get welcomed back into society, and it reduced crime dramatically. A real good investment both for the crime rate, and generally financially, since you don't have to spend as much on keeping a massive amount of prisoners fed, courts constantly stacked high with cases, less theft, and yada yada. Ain't the same place in every country, but Equestria's doing quite well."

22 hours ago, Kujamih said:

" I'm definitely going to make you a super hero." Light said while starring eye to eye with Blitz, while giving her a high five.

Blitz jumped up as far as she had to to reach his hoof, and gave Light a tap, as her part of the brohoof. Not a greeting she did much, as she prefered hugs, but she'd take it for sure, now that it were on offer.

"Superhero sounds boring. I wanna help my making lotsa tinker things. Maybe I'll make stuff for a real superhero, like in the comic books? That'd be cool! I could make like, special gadget kaboomies, and stuff."

Blitz didn't wont to be a hero herself, cause then she'd have to be out and doing stuff all the time, instead of being in the workshop and tinkering away. But if somepony else wanted to be a hero, and needed gear? She could totally do that, and then they'd be heroes. That would still be helping others, right? She liked that. Helping is fun, long as it means she couldn't tinker. She'd get bored then, and get her head filled with too many ideas. It would just start to go ouchies.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Silica would smile and nod "Alright, that does make things easier" she would say and take a biscuit, nibbling on it. It was indeed sweet with a bitter after taste, something new to her and she quite enjoyed it, finishing her biscuit and going for another "that makes sense, these biscuits have a strange taste but are tasty" she'd say.

@Blitz Boom

"We'll try later then, but don't get discouraged if it doesn't work at first, okay? Residue magic is barely anything, even if it is all around us, so it is hard to track. Much less make use of."

With magic being cast everywhere, on a daily basis, magic truly were everywhere to be found, in small residues here and there. However, the amounts were small most of the times. She couldn't just fill a flask up like it were nothing. They were talking droplets and thimble sizes mostly, which meant that there weren't much to work with. It made mixing it essentially, to make proper use out of it. At least in her case, where she rarely had enough single element of magic to fill a beaker. The pixie magic had been different as it had been constantly active, but that were more the exception, than the norm.

"With what you say we will have to account for that and do a mass scale draining in my opinion. I don't know much about this. Perhaps I could find a way to drain off of others ina more passive nature, or in a non-invasive manner. Perhaps not. We will see. Depends..." Magnolia mused.

Magnolia truthfully didn't know much. In her opinion draining the magic from ponies was more useful due to the effects it would cause potential enemies, and the variety of magic she could pull from. It was useful in not only that way, but the magic was far more focused and refined to provide her with more power. With that, however she'd hush up and move on. They had other more pressing matters. 

"Glad I could help. Now you two better take off, alright? You both look like you could do with a good rest."

The sun were not even close to going down, but an early afternoon nap, might still do the two of them well. Zeehva at least could start to feel that she were a little emotional, as well as physically, drained from today, and would appreciate laying her head down for a few hours, maybe.

"Thank you for your help, Sea. Maybe we'll meet again sometime."

"I'm not planning to lay my shoes up anytime soon, so there's a chance. Take care."

He'd give a healthy smile at them, and once again lift his pibe in greetings, as Zeehva began leading them off the dock, and further towards the large city in front of them.

Sea Shanty would watch them wander off, standing calmly on the crate. Once they were out of hearing range though, he'd smirk a little further to himself, and take a few puffs off the pibe.

"So, the princess has an older sister then? Hmhmhm. Scarcity will definitely be interested in hearing about this."

With that mumbled to himself, he'd wander off, just as another pony called out for him, asking if everything was alright. To which he'd reply that there were no issues, and be on with his day. He'd have plenty of time to send the information after work.

Meanwhile, Zeehva would have lead them nearer the edge of town, and rightly so, it were hard not to notice the inn they had been told about. Not because of the three story building itself, as that were not all that noteworthy, even here on the outskirts of town. More that the building had been adorned in artwork of varied sea creature bones, painted on to said building, and the entrance were adorned with a large pair of shark jaws. The upper part being above the entrance, and the lower on either side of the ground, just where the teeth were softened to nubs down here, to avoid potential health hazards. Wouldn't be good for business if folks got cut walking in, now would it?

Inside, they'd find that there were a fair bit of folks in a cozy, fisherman's lodge sort of front, with a burly earth pony stallion behind the front desk/bar, cleaning glasses, and looking around to see if there were a need for him anywhere. His immense beard made it hard to see much of his face, but the brown eyes, beneath the bushy eyebrows, looked kind.

Magnolia would smile somewhat wearily at the older stallion. "Thank you for the direction, for little have given me." she'd say with a sad smile, and would do a little wave off to him as they left. That might have provided him with a little more to report to Scarcity with how cryptic or alluding it may seemed. But Magnolia meant well. 

Magnolia would follow Zeehva to the inn quietly and lament upon its rather interesting features. Not exactly the most inviting but hey, she wasn't from here so maybe this was more inviting than it had let on. She would enter in and look around seeing a few ponies about. However, she noticed that stallion was open. She'd lead Zeehva up to him and wasn't sure if he was the one who took room orders. 

If he did or didn't, she would walk up to him. She would awkwardly speak, "Uhm. One room please? For my friend and I. I don't know how this works, we aren't from around here." she'd speak, but he'd notice how well kept her mane, coat and tail were. They conveyed a sense of beauty but her eyes conveyed tiredness. 

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

"Hey, long as there ain't something growing outta your skull, I think you're good. I think we can all agree that something like that, would be reason to worry, yeah?

And I getcha, y'know. Having my home assaulted, made me feel weak too, and I never wanted to have that again. That's why I put so much work into my new workshop. I don't wanna end up defenseless and at the mercy of something like that."

Sure it might not be on the same scale, but it were related really. They had been in a position were they felt weak and useless, then gotten the power to do something about it. Losing that, would be crushing, and so far, they both seemed to have a handle. her with her weird powers, and him with a multi-fortified workshop, that had already easily held against an assault a few days ago. So they were cool so far it seemed. Here were hoping it'd last.

Cali frowned as memories resurfaced and covered Blitz's ears as she was hugged by Blitz. "I've fought enemies who have a specific power to nullify all of my magic. Trust me, you'll never figure it out. It is...something I can never dodge or undo. While my interdimensional enemies have that one trick up their sleeve, I was able to vanquish them once and for all. They had meddled in my affairs for the longest time. They have permanently wounded one of my friends, and threatened the lives of so many more and they only had one goal. My death. So I had to do what I had to do, and they are gone. Whether or not I actually destroyed them in entirety remains to be seen, but I believe I did enough damage to ensure they will not be returning to full capacity in the next few centuries."  she spoke in a hushed manner so only Molotov could hear. 

"Huh. Sounds like you and our dragons got something in common then. Not a whole lot on it, and they don't let us go and dig for any clues currently, but there's been some ancient text found, before pony and dragon civilization as we know it right now, that points to there being a grand unified kingdom of some sort. The dragons were part of it, and it's believed that the ponies, and a few others might've been too, but everything so far, is very incomplete, and highly speculative. One of the archeologists in Center Zero had a few, salvaged bits and pieces, and it seemed to check out, with the carbon dating being tens of thousands of years past. And no, I have no idea how the paper lasted for that long either. Weren't my department, and I were never allowed to examine the thing directly. Nor were any of my family, since y'know, we're kinda flammable.

Anyway, only ones who might know of it, are the dragons, and so far, they all claim to know nothing. The oldest of 'em might know something, but if they do, they're refusing to tell it. Ancalagon, oldest of the elder dragons, would definitely, but again, not a peep from him on the matter. Rumor has it he's letting things play out, but theory is that the reason he, and whatever other elder dragons of his generation - or near it anyway - that's still alive refuse to talk, is because it directly correlates to the Equine/Dragon feud that's been lasting so long, that nopony really knows when it started, or why.

Again though, all theories and speculation. Story goes the historical society in Canterlot finally managed to get hold of a tome, that they're slowly trying to restore, so who knows? We might get some answers.

Huh, guess I went on a ramble... Eh, point is that it sounds plausible from your side too. Maybe your ancient civilization did something that more or less fried their brains beyond recognition, and returned them to a primal state? I could see that taking a long, long time, and generations, to get back on track.

Still... Hehe, you're a bunch of hairless monkeys. Should've bought some bananas before we left."

He might get smacked for that one, but he'd consider it worth it, cause to him at least, that was funny. Blitz got a small smirk too, even in her hyper state, so wasn't lost on everypony. That was good.

Cali giggled at the joke that was made and listened intently to what he had spoke of. "What you say is of most interesting nature. I believe that could very well be the case but I am not from here so I do not know well enough to come to any reasonable conclusions. I do hope though, that at some point Dragons, Ponies and others can unite under one banner and be equals. Maybe then, you will find answers for that." she smiled somewhat at that.

"In my world there are legends of various civilizations that once existed. Atlantis, Lemuria, Mu, and Hyperborea. Atlantis is the most well known. Legend has it, anywhere from a million to 12,000 years ago Atlantis was a hyper advanced civilization. They were fairly utopian, and had access to various things like levitation, teleportation among other advanced technologies. They were perfectly harmonious and peaceful until they grew corrupt or mad with their power as time went on. Their hubris lead them to be struck down by the gods, and sunk beneath the waves of the ocean in a single night." Cali mused. "Of course there are no gods, so they struck themselves down by their own hand in all reality. Many unexplained ethnic groups exist around the world, I believe they come from Atlantis." Cali said with beleif in her words.

"Now, there are even older artefacts that modern science has disregarded. Such as a hammer found in rock fossilized over 200 million years ago. To give you a time scale, each day times 30 is roughly a month. There are 12 months in a year, and multiple that by 200 million. That is the time scales we are talking here. The Earth itself is 4.6 billion years old, so plenty of time for civilizations to rise and fall to the sands of time and leave behind little evidence as it would be eroded away by geological processes." she would say and laugh knowingly as something reached her thoughts.

"Even evidence of civilization on other planets and moons is proven and verified, but again disregarded. Such as pyramids on the planet Mars, structures on the moon, unexplained towers and other such constructions. Whatever existed previously was interplanetary and most monuments on Earth from the ancient days are all aligned with various constellations and stars, so whoever was around previously did all of that with clear intent and there is clear connection between the styles of building across various worlds in my home solar system. This is a story that goes farther back than merely humans themselves." she said, as she spoke all this she definitely believed in all of what she was saying.

"Magic can do that?!"

"Awh grand. Thanks for putting That in her head. She's gonna be trying to sort out how to get that done, because when you say she shouldn't, what she really hears is that it's a challenge. Blitz is all the best and worst qualities of the Boom family. Raging intellect, and an incredible potential for scientific breakthroughs, mixed with the unpredictable energy, and general lack of common self-preservation, that have claimed a good chunk of our family throughout the ages. Combine that with how early she bloomed, and well... You get it."

Blitz were his own little nuclear reactor. Capable of so many great things, but Celestia have mercy upon Equestria, if she were mishandled, or not taken proper care of.

"Yeeeey. New future project! After all the funsies that goes BOOM! Hehehe."

She rubbed her head on Cali's leg again. Both from joy, and because frankly, Cali was soft. It felt like rubbing against a nice carpet, or a nice pillow.

Cali giggled at how innocent Blitz was being. She would reach down and gently rub Blitz's head. "Blitz, whatever you do I want you to promise me something. Be careful. While you are young and should be allowed to have fun, just be careful and listen to Molotov. But, you are just so adorable in a dangerous way. Kinda like I was in a way." Cali giggled at this and comforted Blitz more with her soft hooves.

"Wait you're staying? Crickey... We're gonna need to have a sit down and talk what's bad to introduce into this dimension, alright? The forms and everything's all good, all good. But y'know, certain of those papers and such... I'd prefer the rest of your days, ain't the end of ours, y'know? Sides, I can help you acclimate and stuff too. Long as we set some ground rules on things, I can clear a room, until you find something else."

Crazy stuff, but y'know, might be the wise option, seeing how everypony else would like find her too crazy and dangerous to deal with, and Blitz had taken a liking to her (of course). Might as well try and make her acclimation process easier, right? Sides, she said they were friends. had to help a friend in need and all that.

Cali grinned knowingly. "Sure I am staying, Molotov! I ain't been anywhere else more lax and happy than this dimension. Its like being in heaven. Why would I want to go back where I am from or possibly end up somewhere worse? Staying with you would be interesting but I have a lot of gold bars and money I could use to buy a fairly sizeable mansion as I go and mingle with the upper classes in your society. Maybe not in this town, but if this town has large places for sale then I might just be game. I know I can be a little show offy at times, but I can be stealthy too and nobody will know anything about me due to my shapeshifting." she spoke with conviction and happiness in her words.

She truly was happy here, and wouldn't change anything about it.

Edited by Monotonality

@Monotonality @Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

" You should widen your point of view on what a hero is blitz boom. For example pinkie pie is a hero... But she doesn't have to fight or anything...just maintaining the peace. If you make someone smile from a rainy day....thats also an act of heroism. You helping with your invention... I can see that as a heroic deed. So why not become a hero blitz?"

@Blitz Boom

“Maybe… I should… sit this one out, yeah? I’ll have something to drink, just not the soda.”

“I’ve got just the thing. You definitely need to rest a while after throwing up your last meal.”

Lin would use this moment to drink some liquids, though she preferred to take the water Sen had on him for now. Might not be such a good idea to put anything else in her stomach. It might not seem like much, but she was grateful for the group showing concern for her. Even if it was a time ripe for poking fun at what just happened, she was happy to receive assistance. Shrimp’s chirping was endearing, and the longma would give her little friend  a nice back rub as he sat on her head. 

Sen helped her on to a nearby bench, where she would take a moment of respite to pause and gather her breaths. No doubt she would need a moment to regain her strength; perhaps she’ll be waiting by the sidelines while the others went ahead. For now, Sen isn't quite sure he'd want to take a bite out of the food Omen brought. There may be some time for Rosa and Omen to hop aboard another ride if they were interested, and it's not like Lin could wander anywhere else while they were away. Then again, this would be a good moment to rest up and eat. The burritos and fish nuggets looked pretty delicious. Even now, the longma still wondered how ponies made their food look as good as they tasted.

“I suppose we can wait here for a while, though if we’re eating, I’d hold off on getting on any more rides because we might soon find ourselves standing next to trash cans."

"And Omen? I know it sounded like things were bad up there on the ride because you heard me screaming, but it’s not all bad. We were strapped down to the seats so it was safe. Mostly, it was scary but fun! The most terrifying bit was the anticipation when we were just about to hang upside down and the rapid drop back down once we swung in a full circle.”

@Blitz Boom
Ruby wasn't much surprised to learn that Leviathan resided near Diamond Dogs, she knew that nurture had its effects after all, for example, if one of her kind was hatched and raised among ponies, while their nature would most likely drive them to prefer solitude, the influence of ponies would most likely make them choose a place nearby a pony settlement. She didn't necessarily think it was a good thing, but truth didn't care about her thoughts, besides, it would have been rather hypocritical for her to critique it, considering she lived among ponies, not that being a hypocrite was beyond her as has been proven before.  "I see." was the simple response she gave about that, she had just been curious and had gotten the answer, so there wasn't much else to say.

As she had stated, Ruby was not on need for anything to eat, but she told Charir to take what he wished from the fridge, even with her being bit too small in this form to reach things, there was no need to try to figure out what button did what when two of them could fly, and Charir being so small, his wings wouldn't hit anything while he flew. He would pick whatever raw, unseasoned meat, fish or otherwise, happened to be the easiest to grab. As Charir did that. Ruby looked around "The need for food preparation is such a unnecessary part of a species." "How far would have these creatures gotten if they had no need to waste time and resources to prepare their foods."  this was not a critique of their ways, and rather a comment on how they had evolved in way that cooking food gave them more than eating it raw.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrow as usual, was silent as the conversation went on, just gesturing his greeting with respectful nod, but he did think about various things.

First thing he wondered was related to Crow and his vanity, where did its personality come from? was it mirroring its creator's selfhood, or was it maybe effected by something from him, it was not the judgmental type of wondering as Crow would be able to tell due to the link, and rather it was almost a form of self-reflecting, as the undead wondered about himself and what he is like. 

His other thoughts were less deep, being mostly things like a mental remark about pony names being bit odd, and slight amusement from Elderbloom calling them younglings, since while it was possible that he was younger, there also was a possibility that he was ancient compared to the old pony. It was also curious how seemingly the only 'weird' thing about the two of them for these ponies seemed to be the rabbit listening to Lyriel, though it was a positive. 

It was harder for Scarecrow to figure out the right amount of strength for the kick than one may expect, having barely any feeling and not having the normal physical limitations of muscle, but he managed to pass the ball along with acceptable force, in fact there may have been bit too little force. He also signaled Crow to keep sharp in case someone else kicked the ball bit too hard, he didn't want the disguise to break due to Crow getting hit by a ball. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The siblings just nodded to most what Onache said, having no further comments on them, and being focused on getting their surroundings, though there was one thing "While a town map would be useful too, I was thinking more a map of whole Equestria." knowing what's in the town didn't really help getting the picture of where they were since their towns and villages were quite different.

And while they seemingly didn't notice the pony staring at them, they both were well aware of her, observing things without being obvious about it was one of those things they had learned during their life. "I can almost feel it too, I haven't seen such expression since Commander Scorch's last attack, one of the ponies in the village snapped after it, never before had I felt so sad from someone's joy." Sheska cut in to stop the conversation going too far into it "I'm sure this one is just genuinely happy." at least she hoped that was the case, though considering how happy everyone around them seemed in general, it was a possibility. 

They didn't recognize the pink pony, since the six wielders of the elements never became a thing in their world, though that didn't necessarily mean they had never seen her before, same individual just could be very different in different situation, and where they came from, unlimited joy and parties didn't have a place to exist.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"A lot of what I see them eat, they don't need to prepare. But this happens when you get civilization. You don't need to hunt or scavenge for your food, so you can be more picky, and experiment with tastes. Might be we just roast ours, but they have the time and security - far as they know - to put in the work to spice things up.

Or they're just being difficult and complacent. I honestly couldn't tell."

She'd watch as Charir pulled out whatever unseasoned meat he could get his hands on, with a bit of a smile on her face. To be young and ravenous again... *sigh* It brought back memories.

"I sit by and watch them for various reasons, since it helps me to understand what they treasure better, but some things I think they just consider to be  how things are. Cooking is among them. Whatever change happened generations upon generations of equines ago, they don't know what it is anymore. Though I have met the occasional wilderness pony. A few primitive ones too, who lived more naturally, though I think the deer does it better than them, most of the time. They seem to have found an interesting way of being civil, while retaining their instinct and old ways.

You have been in civilization for some time now though, right? I know you think it weak for them to huddle together like this, but have your views changed on things, since you first came here? Have anything you've experienced in this society, turned out to be a positive surprise for you? I keep hearing what you find weak about them, but I doubt there isn't something that might interest you. If nothing else, then perhaps their craftmanship in some of their treasures?"

===================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

First thing he wondered was related to Crow and his vanity, where did its personality come from? was it mirroring its creator's selfhood, or was it maybe effected by something from him, it was not the judgmental type of wondering as Crow would be able to tell due to the link, and rather it was almost a form of self-reflecting, as the undead wondered about himself and what he is like.

Scarecrow would be able to feel something other than vanity, if he were tuned in well enough with Crow, and that were pride. This came a little from its creator, but Anomaly rarely added anything to personality, as she found it more perfect to let it evolve naturally. Granted, this often caused her creations to attack her, or be rude at least, but eh, she didn't often care about that. All part of life.

As for the pride, it were just how Crow had embraced things. It knew it were a freak. A one of a kind, spur of the moment creation, of a being that considered the natural laws, to be more suggestions, than set rules. It had the intelligence to realize this, and had a choice. Lament it being what it were, or embrace it in full. It had chosen the latter, and considered itself proud to be an intelligent, dangerous predator. And with pride of oneself, came some degree of vanity and love of positive attention. Might be the kind words would not have been there, had it been shown in its true form, but it didn't care. It had gotten praise, and as it were settled in to being as proud a being, as the hawk it now looked like, it would bask in this with joy.

The link would cause Crow to get some of what were felt the other way around too though, and would peck at Scarecrow's head a few times. A way of trying to tell him that he needed to try and bask in things too, instead of overthinking everything. He should just try and live, rather than think at length about how he fit into the big picture. A difference of philosophy that might not work for him, but it were just how it looked on things.

It would also though, have some agreement in its emotions, about the oddity of ponies. Though he'd likely be able to feel that it were more focused on the rabbit. It may be sated for a time, but it were a predator, and prey had walked into sight. It couldn't help but being drawn to observe it, and think on swooping down and feast upon it. It wouldn't, but the thoughts were there.

The ball would go along idly as it were batted to by Scarecrow, who'd get a small giggle from the colt, as he intercepted it, and kicked it towards his dad.

"Hehe, you gotta kick it harder, mister."

As he said this, Crow would accept what it were feeling were a valid suggestion, and move further down on Scarecrow's back, whilst sitting down, and making sure its claws were solid on him. It would not bode well, if it were bested by a mere ball.

"Hmm... I don't mean to be rude, but you two seem... Different? I thought you had perhaps rummaged in bushes, but the greens on you seem stuck."

"Mom. I don't think we should be rude here."

The colt's mother spoke up, but were quickly interrupted by Lyriel, as she started to explain calmly what they were.. Which did give some raised eyebrows, but they didn't chase them off or anything. In fact, Scarecrow would soon find the ball heading his way again. Maybe try and kick it towards one of the parents, a little bit harder? They'd be able to take it, if it got a bit hard.

She would not say what Scarecrow actually were, but explain him as an evergrown. She wasn't gonna narc on him.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"While a town map would be useful too, I was thinking more a map of whole Equestria."

"I venture the guess that the same vendors have maps of the entire kingdom. It seems to be common for tourists to want one over the kingdom, as well as for local areas in more details, from what I gathered before arriving near this area the first time."

There were quite some way from her entry point into Equestria, and towards Ponyville, so she had picked up on some things here and there. As well as several accounts of *lunch*, but they'd never be able to pint hat on her. She weren't sloppy, and left things easily tied to her, nor bodies in her wake. It tended to cause too much scrutiny, and seemed a waste of a future, gullible meal.

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I can almost feel it too, I haven't seen such expression since Commander Scorch's last attack, one of the ponies in the village snapped after it, never before had I felt so sad from someone's joy." Sheska cut in to stop the conversation going too far into it "I'm sure this one is just genuinely happy."

"Urgh, she is. Overwhelmingly so. She is radiating enough joy to feed a large hive for weeks. It's disturbing."

Probably not as much as it would be, once the mare actually zoomed away from the window, and came crashing outside, and right towards them.

Now, Onache had prepared magic to keep this one at bay, but her filters were not set correctly for this much emotion at once, and it staggered her when it got even closer. Enough that she were not able to stop the ensuing madness, which were genuinely hard to describe for her. After the fact, she would recall confetti, glitter, and a high pitched, female voice being overwhelmingly joyful, and talking about *new faces*, and something about a *welcome party*. It were a storm that ended as quickly as it started, less than thirty seconds after Pinkie had gotten over, and dragged them all into a tight group hug, before she would be rushing into the bakery again to continue her work.

And what were left behind, were a very confused, changeling queen in disguise, starring into the air while her brain tried to grasp what had just happened. She had specks of glitter and confetti sprinkled around her in many places, from Pinkie's party assault, as well as a small, festive hat, and an invitation for a party later this night, on a sticky note, plastered to her forehead.

The main focus for Pinkie's attention though, had been the kobolds. They would've gotten more of her speaking on and on, about them needing a party, and not listening to - nor really giving them time to go ahead and provide - objections to the party she had in mind. There'd be glitter and confetti blasting around her, seemingly coming from out of nowhere, and strange acrobatics that should not be possible for a simple earth pony mare, and in the end, they too would be stranded near Onache. Their invitations were stuck to their arms though, and if they were lucky, they may have managed to avoid the small hats. Though it were unlikely. Pinkie was... Well, Pinkie. No reason could really explain her.

====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen would retract the offered food and beverage when it became clear, that Lin were not ready for it. So she would just hold on and see when they did want it, whilst she would observe how her sibling were helped over to a bench, where she could sit and get her system under control again. Sen helping her wander, and Rosa making sure to clear a path, by asking folks to please excuse them, that his friend needed a seat, and things along those lines. Most were understanding about things like this, so it wasn't an issue getting to the bench, and have a seat. There'd originally be a griffon there, stretching his talons out, but he could well see that Lin needed the seat more than him, so he got off, and gave them a wave before wandering into the crowd.

Shrimp meanwhile, felt like he were helping too, as he took the way Lin responded as her saying so. It made him hug her head as tightly as he could, which considering his muscle mass and small form, were pretty much not noticeably different. His claws might feel a little more prickly, but that was about it. He'd need quite a few years to really be felt in size and mass.

As they got to the point where the siblings were asked about the experience though, and Omen got her answer as to why they were screaming, it seemed like things were not going how she thought they might. she assumed they would be going on more rides, and she'd be constantly keeping an eye out for them there, and see what were going on. Instead, it appeared they wanted to do something else. Perhaps play the games?

"Screams not always bad? I do not understand."

"Omen, if they smile while screaming, or laugh at around the same time, that is generally good.  Otherwise, it is likely bad."

There were a lot more nuance to things than this, but this were the basest, simplest way he could clear this for Omen, who thankfully seemed to accept the answer. It would hopefully serve her well, even if it wasn't exactly a perfect answer. However, it would suffice for now, and then they could expand on it in due time. Hopefully when she had gotten more openminded over the years, and could take in things beter, as she got more proper teaching, but it were hard to say how well it'd take really. It might take generations, or she were too ingrained with how she worked now, for it to truly change, but it were still worth an attempt, yes?

"And I think perhaps we should eschew the rides for a little while, and try to get something to eat. Especially you, Lin. I know it isn't likely the first want you have in mind, but you will need something in your system, after that... Expulsion. After that, we can try some of the more harmless games that keeps us on the ground, where Omen can then also partake. Does that sound good to everyone?"

If there were general consensus with that, he would accept a burrito, and a soda from Omen, who had enough for them all with her. Including for herself, but she also had something else there. A small, red bag with a warning label on, depicting fire and skulls, currently sealed tight, and sitting on her back.

"At a more modernized festival, there is a good deal more options for rides, Lin. Some are far worse than the hammer we were in, some are very harmless, like the teacup ride, and in between there are many alternatives. I'm sure there are something that strikes the balance for you someday. Though it were good that you and I could enjoy the current one, Sen. You seemed to be having a grand time at least. Enjoying the rush of endorphins? Feeling hyped up and ready for us all to partake in some degree of challenge here on the ground level? Once Lin is ready for it, of course. There is no rush."

=======================================================================

@Monotonality

On 2021-04-20 at 5:04 AM, Magnolia said:

"With what you say we will have to account for that and do a mass scale draining in my opinion. I don't know much about this. Perhaps I could find a way to drain off of others ina more passive nature, or in a non-invasive manner. Perhaps not. We will see. Depends..." Magnolia mused.

"How about draining cast magic? Say, a magical fireball, or telekinetic field? It wouldn't drain the magic from a pony, just what they used, and it could empower yourself. And if you could filter it, you might be really valued in fighting against some less moral magic users? Have you tried doing something like that before?"

It were perhaps still a stretch, but it were the second-closest thing she could think of to draining magic from ponies, that didn't exactly do this horrible thing. It'd just be draining the magic that were cast, which could be a boon for her, as it'd render her essentially immune to any sort of magic, beyond surprise variants, or an overabundance of it. Wouldn't do much against say, a spear in the gut, but then she had her shadowy form that might help on that. Though she'd prefer to move along in her thoughts, as the image of her friend impaled wasn't a nice one.

On 2021-04-20 at 5:04 AM, Magnolia said:

If he did or didn't, she would walk up to him. She would awkwardly speak, "Uhm. One room please? For my friend and I. I don't know how this works, we aren't from around here." she'd speak, but he'd notice how well kept her mane, coat and tail were. They conveyed a sense of beauty but her eyes conveyed tiredness. 

The lumbering stallion would turn and look at them, and greet them both warmly with a big, wide grin. Provided you weren't uneased by seeing that he had three gold teeth - two in the upper row, and one in the lower - it would likely make him seem a good deal more friendly.

"I could tell. I know my locals."

His deep, gruff voice would finish the sentence with a bit of a chuckle, while he pointed towards the other clients that could be seen currently. Which appeared to be primarily ponies working at the dock, or at sea in some capacity, along with a family enjoying a crispy salad. They stood out like sore hooves, just like Zeehva and Magnolia did.

"But welcome to Fishbone's Seashack. My name is Fish Barrel, but the locals just call me Pops. We have a few rooms to pick from left, so let's find one that fits, and quick, before you fall asleep against the bar, little lady. Are you two here on a honeymoon?"

Zeehva's face turned red, and she tried to stammer a sentence forth, but didn't get to it, before Pops went on, unfazed and with a big grin still on his burly face.

"Just to know if it were a two bed, or single bed room. You two need a double it sounds like. If you can wait a moment, we'll get you sorted.

Hey, Fishbone! You got time?"

He'd yell out, his words nearly making the glasses near him vibrate, from the booming tone, and not long after they'd be greeted by Fishbone herself, as she suddenly hung down from the shadows in the ceiling.

"For you, Pops? Always."

She were a stunted, or young dragoness, about the size of a pony, with what seemed like incomplete, deep scars going over quite a lot of her scales, in varied locations. By the looks of it, she had likely shed scales that made for some of the scars over time, and eventually, would have them all completely gone. The pro of being a dragon, among other things.

If they knew about Equestrian dragons elemental alignments, they'd find this one were a wind aligned dragon. Easily spotted by the more lean body, and more powerful looking wings, even if these were currently folded in. She also lacked some muscle mass due to this more nimble lineage, compared to some others, but they couldn't all be towering homunculi.

"Welcome to my inn. I'm Fishbone, owner of this establishment. I heard you wanted a room, yes? Would you be okay with a second story one, facing towards the city? We have already rented out the one facing the sea, unfortunately. The rooms with that view tends to be rather popular."

Her voice would be soothing and slick, and she eyed the both of them with a searching, alluring look in her eyes. Unfortunately another thing wind aligned dragons had: They tended to be rather... Flirtatious. Even if not in words, then as were shown, still somewhat in actions.

==============================================================

@Scarlet Rose

"You never lack, with a Zebrican snack."

That might sound cheesy, but in the specialty stores where you could actually buy these, and not have them made from scratch, like Orchid had, this were literally the tagline on the package. Not the best one, but to the one that were shipping these, it were just right. And really, it were all about the taste, and even those were perfectly good, for those who did not have the time to work on getting a fresh one done. Orchid had certainly taken advantage of it a few times.

"A snack and some tea, is how it should be, when guests comes to visit me. THough you should go soon, as the flowers will bloom, the best at the cusp of noon. A few hours there still is, but I thought you wished to know this."

It would soon draw to an end, but there were a little more to go, before Orchid would rise up a few minutes later, and thank Zecora for the hospitality, before taking the containers she wanted to have filled, and transported them with him, on his back. Which meant that the cat had to walk along him for a time, but it was okay. She had been around the hut as it were, pawing at random things, and rubbing against the furniture.

=============================================================

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Monotonality

On 2021-04-20 at 6:52 AM, Cali said:

Cali frowned as memories resurfaced and covered Blitz's ears as she was hugged by Blitz. "I've fought enemies who have a specific power to nullify all of my magic. Trust me, you'll never figure it out. It is...something I can never dodge or undo. While my interdimensional enemies have that one trick up their sleeve, I was able to vanquish them once and for all. They had meddled in my affairs for the longest time. They have permanently wounded one of my friends, and threatened the lives of so many more and they only had one goal. My death. So I had to do what I had to do, and they are gone. Whether or not I actually destroyed them in entirety remains to be seen, but I believe I did enough damage to ensure they will not be returning to full capacity in the next few centuries."  she spoke in a hushed manner so only Molotov could hear.

"Oof. Bit of a rough ride there it sounds like, but I'm sure they just got what were coming to 'em. Hopefully as you say, you'll have a good deal of downtime, before you need to deal with thathassle again. Maybe when the time comes, one of my descendants can lend you a hoof. Or a plasma gun. Gotta be one of 'em that figures out how to do that right, without cutting the workshop in half. Well, not more than a few times anyway."

Sounded like Cali had some rough riders on her back, but at least they were not a bother towards her for the time being. Odd how they worked just specifically against her thought. Or maybe it were just her sort of magic, rather than that? Yeah, that'd make more sense. Otherwise, it were sounding like there had been created some sorta counterbalance to her specifically, and that'd have to be somepony strong on a demigod level or above. At least according to the theories and speculations he knew.

Blitz reacted to having her ears covered, bu covering the hooves covering her ears, and paw at them for fun. It'd keep her entertained for like... 10 seconds or so, before she'd try to wriggle away.

Cali giggled at the joke that was made and listened intently to what he had spoke of. "What you say is of most interesting nature. I believe that could very well be the case but I am not from here so I do not know well enough to come to any reasonable conclusions. I do hope though, that at some point Dragons, Ponies and others can unite under one banner and be equals. Maybe then, you will find answers for that." she smiled somewhat at that.

"The princess is working on it, and getting some good strides, from what I hear. Good mare that one. Real nice at mending old fences so far."

He'd say more, but with all she had to lay down on him? Smoked ham, that was a doozey! He even reacted the proper way - in his mind - to hearing such a thing. A long, drawn out, impressed whistle.

"Vauw, That old? Whoever runs science on your planet, is a bunch of dummies, if they don't wanna look into that. Finding an artefact that old in Equestria, would make any archeologist ecstatic. 'Specially since pony history only goes like, twenty thousand or so years back? Anything before that, isn't all that well documented. Pretty weird having a species history that's beaten in it's entirely by some individual dragons, y'know?

Sounds like what you have going - or well, what you Used to have, I guess - were something special. Several planets, connected from a civilization you can't even figure out now, and your scientists don't wanna think on it? That's a load if I ever heard one. How could someone call themselves a scientist, and not be curious about that sorta thing? Hacks the lot of 'em, far as I'm concerned.

Now, I can tell you this though: You wanna see places where gods have put down others for their hubris, we do got that in this dimension. Not in Equestria, but there are countries with actual, active gods. Fro small island ones, to more integrated ones, like the dual death gods of Harrowmark. Messed up place from what I read, though if you wanna study gods, and how integral they can be, it's a solid read. Though I wouldn't visit there. Ain't interested being zombified, or eaten by one."

"Blitz, whatever you do I want you to promise me something. Be careful. While you are young and should be allowed to have fun, just be careful and listen to Molotov. But, you are just so adorable in a dangerous way. Kinda like I was in a way."

"You have soft hooves."

"Sure she does, but did you hear what she told ya, sis?"

"Be careful, and listen to big bro? I can do the careful thing."

"You're still staying in blast radius though."

"What's the fun in making explosions, if you can't feel the wind just slam into you? It's the force that makes it fun! Hehe."

"I mean, you ain't wrong, but you could still be a bit further off, so you don't end up loosing your footing."

Cali grinned knowingly. "Sure I am staying, Molotov! I ain't been anywhere else more lax and happy than this dimension. Its like being in heaven. Why would I want to go back where I am from or possibly end up somewhere worse? Staying with you would be interesting but I have a lot of gold bars and money I could use to buy a fairly sizeable mansion as I go and mingle with the upper classes in your society. Maybe not in this town, but if this town has large places for sale then I might just be game. I know I can be a little show offy at times, but I can be stealthy too and nobody will know anything about me due to my shapeshifting." she spoke with conviction and happiness in her words.

She truly was happy here, and wouldn't change anything about it.

"Gold's always a valid tender, so sounds like you're set. Though I'd stay away from the noble's quarters in Canterlot. It's nice having space, but those snooty sky sniffers can be a real drag on the party. I'd suggest you get one of the big ones in a nice, but still pretty normal area. A few of 'em in Canterlot, a solid street here in town too, from what I know, and a few here and there on the outside, I've seen when delivering some research papers. Maybe I could give you a hoof on sorting through that, and we could find you a nice place to settle down, eh? Or if you want something fresh, you could try getting in contact with Quartz Construction. I ain't aware of a lot of building firms, but I know this one do their best to make a place just like the client want, if it's at all possible. If you're after specialized stuff, that might be your option. But one step at a time, eh? We're almost at the scrapyard. Few more minutes, and it's metallic goodness."

They could almost see the entrance point now. Just had to cross a few more streets, and they'd be there.

On 2021-04-20 at 12:36 PM, Kujamih said:

" You should widen your point of view on what a hero is blitz boom. For example pinkie pie is a hero... But she doesn't have to fight or anything...just maintaining the peace. If you make someone smile from a rainy day....thats also an act of heroism. You helping with your invention... I can see that as a heroic deed. So why not become a hero blitz?"

At the mention of Pinkie Pie, Blitz began to jump enthusiastically in place.

"I know Pinkie! She's my idol! She can do all sorts of stuff, and is so happy all the time. And she keeps doing weird stuff that I dunno how she does! And she smells of muffins."

You'd think a tinkerer like Blitz would be drawn to logical things, but frankly, the fact that Pinkie Pie were so beyond the notion of logic, were what drew her to the mare. It amazed her without end, to see the party pony do her things, without it being something that she, or anypony else really, could explain properly. It were just... Pinkie things, right? She were such an amazing enigma, and real friendly too. She had always been nice to Blitz, and in turn, Blitz had made sure to make only the best things for her idol, to make her even more happy.

"One time, I made a replica of her party cannon. She got really happy about that. I also make fun confetti kaboomies and stuff for her other one. Lots of ways to make bigger and funnier parties. But I can't do Pinkie things, and she made me Pinkie Promise not to try. But I can make others smile like her. Eeeee. Everypony loves fireworks!"

She'd pull back, and rummage through her bulbous tail for a bit, before pulling out a small rocket. Her tail were massive, so she tended to hide things in there, and she had wanted to bring this earlier, in case there was a party that needed to be started, or something like it.

She'd put it on the ground, and hold it steady with magic, as she lit the fuse. It would quickly fizzle upwards, and when reaching the top, go into a surprisingly large explosion, that would depict a glittering, expanding heart. Not the most impressive maybe, but still good for its size, in her opinion.

"Hehe. I wanna make lots of inventions, and many, many fireworks, so everypony can smile and be happy. Smiles goes for miles, yes? Every nice pony wants to spread happies."

SHe had kinda gotten distracted from the notion of being a hero, but in a way, she would end up doing so, the ways he did best: By creating things. Good things, mind you. Not nukes... Hopefully.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

How about draining cast magic? Say, a magical fireball, or telekinetic field? It wouldn't drain the magic from a pony, just what they used, and it could empower yourself. And if you could filter it, you might be really valued in fighting against some less moral magic users? Have you tried doing something like that before?"

It were perhaps still a stretch, but it were the second-closest thing she could think of to draining magic from ponies, that didn't exactly do this horrible thing. It'd just be draining the magic that were cast, which could be a boon for her, as it'd render her essentially immune to any sort of magic, beyond surprise variants, or an overabundance of it. Wouldn't do much against say, a spear in the gut, but then she had her shadowy form that might help on that. Though she'd prefer to move along in her thoughts, as the image of her friend impaled wasn't a nice one.

Magnolia's face lit up at that idea. She had not thought of such a powerful ability. She smirked, almost slyly at that. "I have not, however that is a very fascinating and useful idea I would like to learn. Using that, I would be able to stop ponies from doing magical spell attacks against me and literally fuel my own attacks with theirs. That is a very powerful and dangerous ability to have, but I would like to wield it. The more powerful you are, the more likely it is for you to win over others. I have no qualms in that mindset. We should totally try that out." 

Magnolia seemed to even be a bit excited at that idea which was quite a thing to see on such a rather stern or emotionless looking mare. Her mind was already racing with ideas but she remembered the feeling she was feeling now. A slight tiredness. Something to sleep on, perhaps.

If they knew about Equestrian dragons elemental alignments, they'd find this one were a wind aligned dragon. Easily spotted by the more lean body, and more powerful looking wings, even if these were currently folded in. She also lacked some muscle mass due to this more nimble lineage, compared to some others, but they couldn't all be towering homunculi.

"Welcome to my inn. I'm Fishbone, owner of this establishment. I heard you wanted a room, yes? Would you be okay with a second story one, facing towards the city? We have already rented out the one facing the sea, unfortunately. The rooms with that view tends to be rather popular."

Her voice would be soothing and slick, and she eyed the both of them with a searching, alluring look in her eyes. Unfortunately another thing wind aligned dragons had: They tended to be rather... Flirtatious. Even if not in words, then as were shown, still somewhat in actions.

Magnolia was about to reply to the bearded stallion before she was brought with the sight of another dragon. This was a rather interesting occurrence. Magnolia would have froze up at the sight of Fishbone, she did not expect another dragon but the sight was also that of a welcome interest. Magnolia didn't know much about dragons but this one here was of a definite different type than Dolt, or Gretha. She didn't expect to see so many dragons in one day, let alone in a very populous city. It was very interesting. But Magnolia would not inquire on that as to not be rude.

Magnolia stood there a bit awkwardly though. "Second story facing the city sounds great to us. We have travelled a very long way so anything you have is good for us. One or two beds is not a problem. We are quite close after all." Magnolia said to Zeehva with a friendly nudge at that. She seemed to be more happy now, especially with the idea of draining spells that were being cast from other ponies. She would look to the other bearded stallion, having answered his questions. 

@Blitz Boom

Silica would giggle, their rhyming was starting to grow on her "You know Zebra's could be really good jingle writers" she would say "You're natural ability for rhyme, it would be a snap" she'd say, standing up "Thank you for your hospitality, miss Zecora, I am glad to see that little Applebloom wasn't exaggerating"

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

"Oof. Bit of a rough ride there it sounds like, but I'm sure they just got what were coming to 'em. Hopefully as you say, you'll have a good deal of downtime, before you need to deal with thathassle again. Maybe when the time comes, one of my descendants can lend you a hoof. Or a plasma gun. Gotta be one of 'em that figures out how to do that right, without cutting the workshop in half. Well, not more than a few times anyway."

Sounded like Cali had some rough riders on her back, but at least they were not a bother towards her for the time being. Odd how they worked just specifically against her thought. Or maybe it were just her sort of magic, rather than that? Yeah, that'd make more sense. Otherwise, it were sounding like there had been created some sorta counterbalance to her specifically, and that'd have to be somepony strong on a demigod level or above. At least according to the theories and speculations he knew.

Blitz reacted to having her ears covered, bu covering the hooves covering her ears, and paw at them for fun. It'd keep her entertained for like... 10 seconds or so, before she'd try to wriggle away.

"Even if they do decide to come back I have...methods to eliminate them again. I have figured out how they were able to nullify my magic and what I could do, as well as other things. I am confident that should they decide to return, using their own power against them will render them completely powerless. I will not speak their name, for it is far too dangerous but they are two separate beings. From what I know, they were created by a larger being that cannot interact directly with realities as they lay beyond time and space. How they were created, or why more were not is an entirely different thing." she paused rather ominously.

"Now, how I travelled here is different from how I did so before. I ended up through some sort of rift on accident, it was completely unusual than doing a random travel before. So I believe, without a doubt that I am far beyond the reach of my enemies should they re-heal themselves into their previous forms, or even evolve into new ones. From what I know, the one who created them is some sort of.. custodian if you will. They are in charge of doing things, keeping things, etc. But they are a very evil and extremely powerful being, but are limited quite severely in how they can express their power." 

"The princess is working on it, and getting some good strides, from what I hear. Good mare that one. Real nice at mending old fences so far."

He'd say more, but with all she had to lay down on him? Smoked ham, that was a doozey! He even reacted the proper way - in his mind - to hearing such a thing. A long, drawn out, impressed whistle.

"Vauw, That old? Whoever runs science on your planet, is a bunch of dummies, if they don't wanna look into that. Finding an artefact that old in Equestria, would make any archeologist ecstatic. 'Specially since pony history only goes like, twenty thousand or so years back? Anything before that, isn't all that well documented. Pretty weird having a species history that's beaten in it's entirely by some individual dragons, y'know?

Sounds like what you have going - or well, what you Used to have, I guess - were something special. Several planets, connected from a civilization you can't even figure out now, and your scientists don't wanna think on it? That's a load if I ever heard one. How could someone call themselves a scientist, and not be curious about that sorta thing? Hacks the lot of 'em, far as I'm concerned.

Now, I can tell you this though: You wanna see places where gods have put down others for their hubris, we do got that in this dimension. Not in Equestria, but there are countries with actual, active gods. Fro small island ones, to more integrated ones, like the dual death gods of Harrowmark. Messed up place from what I read, though if you wanna study gods, and how integral they can be, it's a solid read. Though I wouldn't visit there. Ain't interested being zombified, or eaten by one."

Cali laughed in a rather sad way at that. "Like I told you, the people of my world only care about power and control. The truth is a powerful weapon. In my world, these scientists and all of them are corrupt and sell themselves to who can pay them the most basically. Plus, they themselves want to keep people in the dark. The truth is a very powerful thing. But so is keeping people wrapped up in lies and under your thumb. That way, they will never be a threat. Either they know the truth and don't want to say it out of fear of backlash, or they are simply stupid and ignorant. Probably a mix of both if I am entirely honest." she stated.

She seemed to be interested in what he said about the gods. "Feh, to even think of such things offends me. Gods are no better than anyone else, they are self serving and deviant beings who only care about their own power. I used to be like that, until I got out of it. I'm not going back to that mindset ever again. I don't want power or worship from anyone. I simply desire to go and do as I please, and not enforce others to my whim." she narrowed her eyes and looked deeply into his. "It is a more satisfying existence, to explore the way things are rather than attempt to alter and control them. Most times it will backfire into your face and leave you with stinging regrets and constant trauma. Like I have, just about. I wish to...forget that, but it is valuable lessons too." she said in a more pained, saddened manner.

"You have soft hooves."

"Sure she does, but did you hear what she told ya, sis?"

"Be careful, and listen to big bro? I can do the careful thing."

"You're still staying in blast radius though."

"What's the fun in making explosions, if you can't feel the wind just slam into you? It's the force that makes it fun! Hehe."

"I mean, you ain't wrong, but you could still be a bit further off, so you don't end up loosing your footing."

Cali giggled somewhat at this. "Oh, blitz. How innocent you are. Its cute, but I say it like it is. You should really be careful, there are forces at work, and things that happen that can really scare you, or leave you wounded. Or worse. So its best to approach with caution, or better yet, stay where you know such things won't happen. Within reason."  she'd smile knowingly. 

"Gold's always a valid tender, so sounds like you're set. Though I'd stay away from the noble's quarters in Canterlot. It's nice having space, but those snooty sky sniffers can be a real drag on the party. I'd suggest you get one of the big ones in a nice, but still pretty normal area. A few of 'em in Canterlot, a solid street here in town too, from what I know, and a few here and there on the outside, I've seen when delivering some research papers. Maybe I could give you a hoof on sorting through that, and we could find you a nice place to settle down, eh? Or if you want something fresh, you could try getting in contact with Quartz Construction. I ain't aware of a lot of building firms, but I know this one do their best to make a place just like the client want, if it's at all possible. If you're after specialized stuff, that might be your option. But one step at a time, eh? We're almost at the scrapyard. Few more minutes, and it's metallic goodness."

They could almost see the entrance point now. Just had to cross a few more streets, and they'd be there.

Cali smiled to that. She appreciated Molotov's suggestions. "Great suggestions. I know that I could very well be the richest person on this planet. Well maybe not like that, but I am definitely pretty rich. Personally, I don't care how far it is away from here. I have...ways to get around rather quickly. So the entire world here is our canvas, really." she stated in a rather satisfied manner. "What I look for in a place is something that can be guarded, with lots of secret rooms and areas. Probably even several floors. Like my own castle or my own mansion if you will....something gothic, victorian...like vintage? From the good old days, something with real good character and history based around it." she said in a quite satisfied manner.

Cali smiled as they neared the entrance. 

@Blitz Boom

“I’m good with waiting here for a while, at least until Lin is feeling better. Might be a good time to eat and gather strength again. The rides can wait, and the games will still be here, though we’d probably fare better with keeping our feet on the ground.”

“Sounds good, and I guess I am feeling a little hungry now.” Lin passed her brother’s water canister back to him before picking some fish nuggets. It’s small and light, a good way to start without feeling like she’ll stuff herself too soon. “Maybe you and Rosa could go ahead and play at some of the booths. I’ll join you when I’m feeling a little better. Guess I might not be up for that test of strength after all, but that’s alright.”

Seeing as everyone was already eating, Sen would also join in. He’d split one burrito in half, only taking bites out of his half while leaving the other for Lin. The longma wasn’t feeling too hungry, but knowing just how delicious the food was so far, this wrapped delicacy wouldn’t disappoint. There was a mix of spices and herbs inside this one, a strange combination as he couldn’t tell what was in it. The only thing he could say about it was it was oily but delicious. 

As for Lin, she took one glance at Omen’s bag with some sort of warning on in. No doubt it would be a bad idea to try whatever it was. For now, she was content taking small bites out of the fish nuggets. And she didn't forget about Shrimp as she rummaged through Sen's saddlebags for the dried berries he had on him. She wasn't sure if feeding the drake burritos was a good idea, but she knows she could always rely on something more nutritious.

“A challenge, you say, Rosa? I’m feeling up for one! After the ride, I think I’m going to stick to the ground for a while. Sounded you were having a good time yourself up there if your hearty screaming said anything. I’m not sure if we’d find something like it in a carnival, but if there is some game that tests agility, I’m up for running that. My legs are feeling a little wobbly; a good run ought to make that go sensation go away.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

Whats going on?

Sweetie Belle, Its Probaly nothing too bad, besides, their just having a ponytalk! we shoudnt interupt them

Yea Apple bloom, like id wouldnt do a thing! 

Me and Apple Bloom: SCOOTS!

FINE, Ill leave them alone... 

thats better, scootaloo.

We should Leave, somepony could catch us!

I agree. Apple bloom said. 

Ugh, Fine...

Guys, Im Bored. 
Yea, Same. 

Ugh, get used to it, This is school anyways. Scootalo would say.
Lets just wait and see 
Hey there, Blank Flanks! Diamond Tiara Walks up to them, snatching scootaloo's Sandwhich.
Hey, That was Mine! whats your problem, Diamond Tiara?

Remember that art contest? We will win for SURE! Silver Spoon Said. 
Im not even interested in drawing ._. 
Same!
Just Leave us alone. 

Ok, blank flank! (silver and Diamond tiara shout) 
thats the 1st time they actullaly agreed to that.
I know! is there something going on?
I dont know either. but should we be concerned..?
I dont know, Scoots. 
Well ah' gotta go to my house, if apple jack finds out im 2 hours late, she'd throw a hissy fit! 

Ok! 
okay...?

@Blitz Boom
Charir warmed the meat up a bit with his smoke before eating it, not enough to cook it, but enough to make it closer to room temperature, it wasn't that cold meat was a real problem in any way, he just preferred it less cold, made it feel more fresh.

"Not really" Ruby said with a shrug "Everything is more or less as I expected from a well developed prey species." "If I need to say something that was a slight surprise, it's the magic, or more specifically, how much it's used, it is the reason why I abandoned my plan to attack." "There has been surprising individuals, but as a whole, nothing has given me a reason to rethink my views on things." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crow's message either didn't reach Scarecrow or it went mostly ignored, regardless it wouldn't have had much effect, since for Scarecrow overthinking was the only thing left, thinking about things was how he killed his endless time and most importantly, he believed it was a way to keep himself sane. He also mentally reminded Crow that no eating in public.

To his usual manner, he stayed quiet, kicking the ball again as it came to him, he did kick bit harder, but he also kicked it bit differently, giving it slight air-time, making it go further easier. 

He did speak after Lyriel was finished though "As you may have noticed, I'm not much of a talker, please know that this is not out of rudeness or anything alike, I'm just not used to having company."

------------------------------------------------------------------
The idea of actually sensing the emotions of others sounded unpleasant to the kobolds, yes, that got their attention more than the idea of feeding on joy.

Pinkie was bit too quick and unpredictable even for two battle hardened rebels, but they did manage it bit better than the queen had, as after the dust...or in this case glitter settled, the two were standing back to back with their arms glowing with magic, neither seemingly too confused, quite the opposite actually, they were as aware as ever. Trox was the first one to drop his guard, though before he 'turned off' his magic, he did something that caused the glitter and such slide off his body on the ground, the hat he had to remove with his hand. Sheska did the same soon after. 

"Thanks to the unseen powers that the sisters didn't have her in their forces." as to be expected from someone with their past, combat was the first thing their minds went to "I don't think even the top of the line sensors could keep up with her. " Sheska looked at the party hat and at a piece of confetti "What is all of this stuff anyway?" "Why did she shoot us with pieces of paper and glittering...whatever that stuff is?"

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-04-23 at 12:47 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’m good with waiting here for a while, at least until Lin is feeling better. Might be a good time to eat and gather strength again. The rides can wait, and the games will still be here, though we’d probably fare better with keeping our feet on the ground.”

“Sounds good, and I guess I am feeling a little hungry now.” Lin passed her brother’s water canister back to him before picking some fish nuggets. It’s small and light, a good way to start without feeling like she’ll stuff herself too soon. “Maybe you and Rosa could go ahead and play at some of the booths. I’ll join you when I’m feeling a little better. Guess I might not be up for that test of strength after all, but that’s alright.”

"Let's take it one step at a time. First we get something to eat, then we can start off on a few runs between Sen and I, while you recover. And then when you are ready, we can all join in on the same fun."

Rosa would take a burrito and bite into it. It was a good, savory one. Not too dry, good crunch, and the freshness were there. Wasn't top level of course, but faire food rarely were, and they would mask it with the tried and true method of using some proper spice to beef up the taste. Or in cases like this, some good sauce, which did fit the taste rather well, in his opinion. Added a slight zing to it in the aftertaste, due to it's minor sourness, and helped the dish not taste dry. All in all, not a bad meal, even if it could perhaps use a few more sweet peppers to spice it a little. Not much, just a smidgen, and it were a personal preference, more than anything.

Much like the rest his eyes followed Omen's bag as well, yet she didn't open it, nor started to eat yet. She were busy listening in to what they were saying, and handing out the food and drinks. She'd get to it soon after Rosa would answer the next inquiry that came his way though. It could likely have been sooner, but she had her own things to see too, which included watching Shrimp, as he were presented the dried berries, and happily grabbed hold of what he were offered, Either with wrapping some of his elongated body around them, or by using his small hands and mouth. He were curious what the others were eating, and had sniffed in that direction, but he wasn't sure if it would be good. Berries however, he did, so he'd go for what he knew first, and then maybe later, get curious, and beg one of his caretakers for a taste.

On 2021-04-23 at 12:47 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“A challenge, you say, Rosa? I’m feeling up for one! After the ride, I think I’m going to stick to the ground for a while. Sounded you were having a good time yourself up there if your hearty screaming said anything. I’m not sure if we’d find something like it in a carnival, but if there is some game that tests agility, I’m up for running that. My legs are feeling a little wobbly; a good run ought to make that go sensation go away.”

"I don't think there is anything testing agility like that, but we could always have a run if... Hmmm, actually, it is a relatively new thing, but perhaps... We'll have to look around some more, but I may have an idea, though it will include something that you may not be comfortable with, which is dancing. It is a weird machine, where you have to step between buttons on the ground, in accordance to some figures showing in a projected field. The buttons registers the push from you stepping on or off them, and there are music, that you will follow. Apparently, the rhythm will help you do better when it speeds up. I've only really heard of it, but I suppose, there might be something like it here. Though we may need to scour the grounds a little, and ask a few beings.

And speaking of asking: Omen? Is that what I think it is?"

As he had reached the end of his little talk, Omen had opened the small bag, and revealed a bottle, filled with some kind of dark red liquid, with random puffs of orange and yellow sparking to life, and dying down within it.

"I do not know what you think. Were I supposed to?"

"It was a saying. Don't think too hard about it. Point still being though, is that Dragonfire Lava Sauce?"

"Yes."

She opened the bottle, and a smell like scorched mountainside started flowing through the air. Smoke, fire, charred pine trees- Many things such as that, and it were flowing further around her as she used the bottle, to apply a single line of it, down the middle of her own burrito. And it were a hefty smell too. Highly spicy, and assaulting your nostrils if it got close, rather than waft calmly, like a perfume. This sorta thing would wither the small hairs in your nose. Literally, if you got too close.

"How and why do you have it?"

"The dragon said if anyone could eat a spoon of his chili, and not need milk, they would win a bottle. It smelled like fire."

"And you ate a spoonful?"

"And the spoon. I thought he meant that too."

"*sigh* Of course you did... Could you stomach the chili?"

"It tasted like fire. More than spicy food before."

"It should, as Dragonfire Chili is one of the hottest things you can eat. However, that you're holding there, is worse than that. It literally needs to be sold with a warning, saying that consuming more than one droplet of it, for non-draconic beings, can be hazardous for your health."

Omen did listen, but she were also curious, and as such, took a large bite of the burrito. It seemed to go well for her too. She didn't show any sort of sign that this were painful, or tasted bad. She just chewed her food slowly, and did hers to taste the food as much as possible. Then suddenly, she'd slowly turn her head upwards, open her muzzle, and let out a half meter flame, before calmly going back to eating, rinse and repeat.

=====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"A fair assessment. They are using a lot of magic, and in some cases, they do that very effectively against attackers. Especially their Element of Harmony wielders, and that... Urgh, I forget what they called themselves, but it was another flock of ponies, who also used magic to for example, send a flock of giant, rampaging sirens to another dimension. Your general, garden variety pony doesn't have that of course, but it can be interesting to run into the odd exception here and there. Long as it's not in a bad way. I prefer to stay in this dimension, and not being turned to stone."

Perhaps on the extreme side of what might happen to you, but the fact that it were still an option, made her cautious. Sure they could in theory, start rampaging, and likely get a lot of the feeble ponies, but the punishment would be rather severe, for anyone trying. Besides, she didn't see a point in doing this, as she liked civilization. And with the sort of treasure she collected, there would be a lot less for her to gather up, if their society crumbled. Harder to find treasured things, if most were dead. Also she liked some of the things within this society, and would miss it, if it went away. Sure she could adapt, but that didn't mean she actively looked forward to having to do it, when it came to modern luxuries.

She'd turn to watch the little dragon going at it for a bit more, and examine how he were smoking his meat, to give it a little heat. Not really cooking, as much as just heating she'd guess, but it were still somewhat endearing. Guess the bird would have to go and catch some new ones later then, with how Charir were likely going to empty the raw meat. maybe the cooked too, if he were still hungry, and feeling curious afterwards.

"Must be nice for him to get to eat, without having to worry about someone larger than him, coming and chasing him away from it. Poor thing needs his food, so he can grow big and strong. Or maybe not big, but a little wrecking ball of scale and muscle, is a lot harder to fight. Least with big dragons, you can see them, and there's plenty to attack.

...When someday you go back, are you taking him with you, Ruby? I know he came from there, but... He also ran away from the place for a reason. I'm not sure how, or even if, he could survive there for long, if he went back. Not on his own."

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Scarecrow didn't need to send a message back. Crow knew it wasn't supposed to eat pets, or in general chase down prey in town, because that would mean letting go of him, Which were a very bad idea for the both of them, so it'd resign its hunting for the forest for now, or if it could go around solo, while Scarecrow were in the forest. Though it wasn't an issue now, as again, he were still digesting his last prey. It'd be days before he even had to think about a new prey. This were more just... Predatory instinct, and an instinctual sense of dominance.

22 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

He did speak after Lyriel was finished though "As you may have noticed, I'm not much of a talker, please know that this is not out of rudeness or anything alike, I'm just not used to having company."

"Not everypony does well on their own with this, I'm afraid. I understand."

Olive would intercept the ball kicked by Scarecrow, and pass it along to Elderbloom. It was nothing exciting or riveting, but it looked like everyone were having a good, wholesome time here. Including Rancher, who were still fully petting the bunny, who seemed to be very receptive to the adoration and attention of the filly.

"A sad state of affairs, but I have hopes for him, and know that there lies a warm, kind core somewhere within him, that just needs to experience socializing among others. It can be tough to do at first, but it is well worth it."

About two kicks more in, the ball would get near Lyriel, and she would kick it towards the anticipating colt. The jolt from this one though, woke up the snake that had been sleeping around her neck, whom woke up to look around groggy at the varied ponies. A lot more lively here than he were used to before.

"I thought that was an odd necklace. Where did you find that?"

"In the old castle. They are harmless, I assure you. Just a little... Special."

The snake would bask in the sunlight, and not pay the ponies much heed. In fact, all three heads would look directly up at the sun, mouths open, and drink in the light. This was so much easier than hunting in the castle for them.

"Huh. Did your bird come from the same area, Scarecrow? You don't normally see a hawk in this area, but if the snake came from there, maybe many animals gathers there now?"

Eyes were on Scarecrow now, so he better have a good one ready, as well as explain why Crow did not leave him, even with everything going on. Maybe blame it on a wing issue, or something.

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

23 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Thanks to the unseen powers that the sisters didn't have her in their forces." as to be expected from someone with their past, combat was the first thing their minds went to "I don't think even the top of the line sensors could keep up with her. " Sheska looked at the party hat and at a piece of confetti "What is all of this stuff anyway?" "Why did she shoot us with pieces of paper and glittering...whatever that stuff is?"

It would be a minute more before they'd get a real answer from the overwhelmed changeling queen. The best they'd get at first, were her jaw going up, her lips tightening slightly around the party horn that were stuck in the side of her muzzle, and give a weak toot of it.

Eventually though, she'd gather herself again, and start by spitting out the horn in her muzzle, with an annoyed expression on her face. Then she'd proceed to use her magic to remove the hat, and clean out the confetti and glitter from herself. Which wouldn't be so bad normally, but she were in disguise right now, and had fur, so it wasn't easy. Would likely have been even worse if she had been in her true form though, due to her large mane. Still annoying though.

"Urgh. I know not who that were, but I know this confetti and glitter, are related to these other things she blasted us with. Party items, which I assume have something to do with this odd pony, whoever she might have been."

"That'd be Pinkie Pie. The resident party pony, and Element of Laughter."

H4kcVq7.png

The pony had wandered around a corner as she heard them talk, and were now looking over the aftermath, so to speak.

"Nothing to be afraid of really. She's just very excited when she meets new creatures, and you certainly seem like an odd bunch. Are you some kind of dragon? I'd need to prepare the rock candy then. Pinkie always comes around for a big order when she starts these things."

"Who are you, and what do you know of that... Creature, beyond this?"

"I'm Circle Pop. My candy store isn't far from here, and it was lunch break, so I figured I'd come around and prepare something. Seems like I'm in business later.

And Pinkie is... Well, Pinkie. It's easier to just sorta shrug your shoulders, and accept her as she is. Can't really explain her with logic."

As she spoke, it were obvious likely, that Onache were scouring her mind, but she wasn't changing what Circle were saying. From what she could tell, all that were there, were true, and oddly specific. Apparently, Pinkie were an unpredictable sort, doing things that should not be possible. Peculiar... And dangerous.

====================================================================

@Scarlet Rose

Both zebra would have a little laugh, and give a nod towards Silicon, for the comment about them and jingle writing. It were actually not unheard of for Zebra to take that job, or help out in varied music industries, as they had a natural talent for rhyming. To varied degrees, of course.

"Apple Bloom is a good little one. Her and her friends sometimes come into the forest for fun. Odd choice, but long as their voice, do not make too much noise, it should be simple for them, especially with the forest's new friend."

"I don't know if I would call her its friend. A draconequui are more likely to cause it's end."

"The one of whom I speak, have been here for more than a week. A being of nature, who seeks to nurture. Something this forest have long not had: A dryad."

This would make Orchid's eyebrow soar up quite a bit, and he looked baffled at Zecora.

"A dryad in the Everfree? She is far from the mother tree."

"Further than you think. She does not even know of this link. But perhaps we can speak of her some more, once we have finishing what we discussed before. Your path must take you away, and as they say, try not to go astray."

Orchid would nod in agreement, and say his farewells, with a staunch bow, and risen hoof to his chest. A sign of respect, which she seemed receptive towards. And after that, she would begin working on the rest for the elixir, while the two of them would wander out of the hut, and begin by going north. They had plants to find, with the first being harvested from an old gravesite. One which they'd eventually run into, but they had some travel to go first.

============================================================================

@Monotonality

On 2021-04-22 at 12:42 AM, Magnolia said:

"I have not, however that is a very fascinating and useful idea I would like to learn. Using that, I would be able to stop ponies from doing magical spell attacks against me and literally fuel my own attacks with theirs. That is a very powerful and dangerous ability to have, but I would like to wield it. The more powerful you are, the more likely it is for you to win over others. I have no qualms in that mindset. We should totally try that out." 

"We can run some tests another time then, when we're somewhere a bit more private. Just uhm... Try not to go too overboard, okay? Absorbing the spell can be good for a defense, but gorging sounds like it could be dangerous. As would perhaps accidentally, drain someone else.  We'll see when we get to it though, okay?"

Well, seems like they found something Magnolia were fairly interested in testing then. Though she couldn't help but feel like with the look in Magnolia's eyes as she had spoken of it, the mare should have ended her sentence with a cackle, while lighting struck in the background. It might just be Zeehva were tired and imagining things though. Probably were. Both of them really needed a good rest to think over things, then wake up fresh and renewed, to speculate on what to do from here on out.

On 2021-04-22 at 12:42 AM, Magnolia said:

"Second story facing the city sounds great to us. We have travelled a very long way so anything you have is good for us. One or two beds is not a problem. We are quite close after all."

"Ooh? Are you sure I shouldn't prepare the couple's room then?"

Fishbone were just having a little fun, as she could see how it affected the reddening Zeehva. Such a fun one to poke at, and hard for one of her kind to not do it either, but she wouldn't let the poor mare stand and try to stammer out an objection, as she were trying to prepare for now. She had her fun, now it were time to do her job.

"But enough about that. Pops, the key for room 5, please."

The stallion would reach a key up, that he had gotten from under the counter. Fishbone would lean in closer, and grab them with her tongue, before smoothly sliding down from the wooden bar she had been hanging from thus far with her tail, and land softly on the bar counter.

She'd move calmly, and wander to the edge of the bar, before jumping down from it. On the way past Pops though, she'd run her tail through his beard, making the pony let out a bellowing laugh, and cause Fishbone to give a little smirk.

After that, she would lead them up the stairs of the homely looking inn, and on the third floor, would open the first door on the right.

It were nothing fancy. Two beds, a half meter apart, with a table between for whatever things one might need. including a lamp. The beds had a flower pattern on its cover, and the light from the lamp on the nightstand, as well as the ceiling, gave off a nice, soft lighting. The curtains also had the same themed patterns going, though the seating in the corners were simple, wooden chairs. Though with a flowery pillow on each of them. As for the view, it would show a fine look towards t he sprawling city, with all it's life and busy folks. Though thankfully far enough away, to where you didn't really hear them. Especially not with the window shut.

Overall, the room had a nice, homely, simple feeling to it. A little slice of the sort of bedroom, you'd find your parents living in. Nothing fancy, and very comfortable.

"High fashion it isn't but a weary sailor, or sleepy tourist doesn't care about that. They want familiarity, and comfort. So I give them what they need. What do you think about it? And don't worry about anything. The rooms are very resilient to sounds, and I make sure the rooms get cleaned after every visitor."

==========================================================================

@Monotonality @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

On 2021-04-22 at 1:17 AM, Kujamih said:

"....... Hopefully what i said would stick to your long term memories and remember what i said." Light said with a smile.

" So here we are..... The junkyard..... What do we do....now...."

"I'm thinking we make robots out of the scrap, and take over the city.

...Naaaah. Come one mate, I'm just pulling your leg. I say we walk around the stacks, and see if we can find something good. We can make it interesting by setting a theme, eh? Like that we have to use at least 32,4% iron plates, or that we gotta find a functional clock motor before going on. Y'know. Something fun for the whole group.

Since we're going in blind pick, why don't you chose for us, eh? What's the rules?"

This was a fun place to have a sort of inventors game, and Molotov were sure game for it. Heck, Light could even pick what he decided should be made, and have Molotov see if he could find the parts for it. That'd be a fun little treasure hunt for sure, and now that they had passed the gate, and the piles were stacked up high around them, it were about time to explore.

But, there were other things to address too here, which is why he turned to Cali afterwards, who were currently having Blitz bounce around her, much like she saw Pinkie do, just not at high. Her metal wings were kind of heavy, so it weren't possible for her to do on a long term basis, nor that high up. But he'd give her an A for effort, that was for sure. Solid dedication.

"Aight, Cali, it sounds like you need to get yourself some more down to earth enemies, if they're that sort. Sure you got the upper hoof now, but if they come back smarter, that could really end up biting you in the flank. Ever thought of getting some help for this sort? Sound like if they're two against one, or even more, it'd just be fair for you to even the playing field, right?

Now, point two there: Seriously, ditch your world for good. It sounds like it's run by greed and malice, and are going down the hole to Tartarus in a real hurry.

Third one, I can't blame you for thinking they're self serving, since y'know, gods get power through worship and all, so they're incentivized to get followers. If you were really in that sorta business though, I really, really hope it ain't working the same where you're from, as it does here. Cause here, one of the only things that's for sure counting for every god, is that you can't just leave a vacuum. If they die, someone else is gonna have to fill the shoes. If they're killed, it'll be the one who killed them. Stepping down... I can't say guaranteed, but thinking they'd need a sucker, more or less. Mind me just thinking that you were being more of a pretend god than a real one, so I can stop worrying? Yeah? Grand. Hehe.

Aaah. Anyway, you got a point on the last bit you said on 'em too. Sure must sting to remember, but there's something to be learned from failure. Mostly how not to repeat the same mistakes. That's the issue with those folks who wanna just skip over bad parts of history texts too. If you forget the mistakes, you're bound to do them all over again.

And to finish off-"

"I make sure to not burn myself, and use extra long fuses. Oh. Oh! And not going back to a dud. That solves lots of problems, hehe."

"Darn it sis, can't ya lemme finish?"

"But you're talking too much and being boring!"

The two siblings would pull their tongues on one another after that. Brother and sister indeed, even if one were more or less on the task of raising her, which gave him a bit of power. If he used it right though, were up for debate.

"As I were trying to say, if you want a big place with history, and got really deep pockets, I know a few places. One that really springs to mind right now even. What're your thoughts on places haunted by a deranged matriarch, and the family she killed? Along with the occasional lab experiment from the dungeons escaping? The sort where every sort of visitor have been banned for over thirty years, and the authorities got no idea how to deal with everything in there, and are tooa fraid to nuke it, since then more things might make it out of the dungeons."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

"We can run some tests another time then, when we're somewhere a bit more private. Just uhm... Try not to go too overboard, okay? Absorbing the spell can be good for a defense, but gorging sounds like it could be dangerous. As would perhaps accidentally, drain someone else.  We'll see when we get to it though, okay?"

Well, seems like they found something Magnolia were fairly interested in testing then. Though she couldn't help but feel like with the look in Magnolia's eyes as she had spoken of it, the mare should have ended her sentence with a cackle, while lighting struck in the background. It might just be Zeehva were tired and imagining things though. Probably were. Both of them really needed a good rest to think over things, then wake up fresh and renewed, to speculate on what to do from here on out.

"Yes, I will not go overboard with it of course. It is just an idea you know? But you are probably right. We shall see in good time. We both need some rest after a very long day, don't we? We'll plan these sorts of things out later when we are in better...mindsets." Magnolia spoke with a slight yawn. 

She indeed, would want to think of a real solid plan for the future that they can go and what they will do. The plan for now? Get some good rest. That is what she wanted most.

"Ooh? Are you sure I shouldn't prepare the couple's room then?"

Fishbone were just having a little fun, as she could see how it affected the reddening Zeehva. Such a fun one to poke at, and hard for one of her kind to not do it either, but she wouldn't let the poor mare stand and try to stammer out an objection, as she were trying to prepare for now. She had her fun, now it were time to do her job.

"But enough about that. Pops, the key for room 5, please."

The stallion would reach a key up, that he had gotten from under the counter. Fishbone would lean in closer, and grab them with her tongue, before smoothly sliding down from the wooden bar she had been hanging from thus far with her tail, and land softly on the bar counter.

She'd move calmly, and wander to the edge of the bar, before jumping down from it. On the way past Pops though, she'd run her tail through his beard, making the pony let out a bellowing laugh, and cause Fishbone to give a little smirk.

After that, she would lead them up the stairs of the homely looking inn, and on the third floor, would open the first door on the right.

It were nothing fancy. Two beds, a half meter apart, with a table between for whatever things one might need. including a lamp. The beds had a flower pattern on its cover, and the light from the lamp on the nightstand, as well as the ceiling, gave off a nice, soft lighting. The curtains also had the same themed patterns going, though the seating in the corners were simple, wooden chairs. Though with a flowery pillow on each of them. As for the view, it would show a fine look towards t he sprawling city, with all it's life and busy folks. Though thankfully far enough away, to where you didn't really hear them. Especially not with the window shut.

Overall, the room had a nice, homely, simple feeling to it. A little slice of the sort of bedroom, you'd find your parents living in. Nothing fancy, and very comfortable.

"High fashion it isn't but a weary sailor, or sleepy tourist doesn't care about that. They want familiarity, and comfort. So I give them what they need. What do you think about it? And don't worry about anything. The rooms are very resilient to sounds, and I make sure the rooms get cleaned after every visitor."

Magnolia would grin slightly at Fishbone's comments. An idea would reach across her mind. Maybe her and Zeehva were really meant to be a couple. Of course she would never express this verbally until quite some time had gone past and the two had settled 'in' so to speak. But it was all the more interesting to walk after Fishbone to the room. It was a very interesting environment to be in. All sorts of ponies were about. From the hotel staff, the cleaners and all of them. She had not been in such an area in a long time. She mostly slept alone in the woods, in the dark.

She felt content and safe here strangely enough. While she was sure that someone, or something was watching over them. She remembered Scarcity. Scarcity was the one that knew everything. Would Scarcity know of them being at this hotel? She didn't come to a conclusion on that. It was entirely possible, but the evidence was rather scarce. She kept thinking as they walked. Names tell a lot about a pony. Scarcity's place in the world at first glance was scarce, but her knowledge and ways to gather it was anything but. Of course that was all but an idea, that she had no manner to confirm.

Upon the rather calm walk to the room, Magnolia had entered and overlooked its various features. It was far better than any place she had been in for a long long time, and it would do so quite nicely. She stepped in and sniffed the air through her nostrils. It was clean. "Acknowledged. You are very kind for granting us this. I will not tell you much about me, but it has been ages since I have slept in, or even viewed such a room as this. That was until my dear, friend here showed me a better path." she would say calmly and plop down on the bed looking to Fishbone and Zeehva.

"I believe it is time for us to have our rest." she said, her eyes fluttering closed. It was hard to keep them open, she was tired but her body or pose didn't really convey it. As she layed there, the shadows seemed to calmly expand and contract around her bed and where the windowsill was. 

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

"Aight, Cali, it sounds like you need to get yourself some more down to earth enemies, if they're that sort. Sure you got the upper hoof now, but if they come back smarter, that could really end up biting you in the flank. Ever thought of getting some help for this sort? Sound like if they're two against one, or even more, it'd just be fair for you to even the playing field, right?

Cali frowned at that, as if remembering unhappy memories. "Hah, you thought I did all that alone? Not the case, not the case at all. Well it started out with me as alone. I had a rather powerful AI named IRIS on my side. She was the neutral sort but I eventually got her onto my side once she realized the destruction, death and murder my enemies had caused. My old friend Gina was with me from the start although we got separated across dimensions in our battles against my enemies. She has a unique power to manipulate and alter gravity." Cali said pridefully.

"However, during my last battle with my enemies she fought valiantly with my enemies. They ended up causing some sort of explosion that ruptured her ear drums and she was sent across the multiverse. Wherever she ended up, we'll never know. I have faith, and belief in that she would have eventually found refuge and repaired her ear problem. She is smart. She will make it. But she will have to do so without me because it is impossible for me to find wherever she ended up..." she said with a sad smile. The way she spoke was as if she had gotten over it.

"Now, point two there: Seriously, ditch your world for good. It sounds like it's run by greed and malice, and are going down the hole to Tartarus in a real hurry."

Cali chuckled. "Already ditched my world, but you think that world is the worst? Well, I've been in literal hell, dystopian realities ruled by dictators, complete all out wars and the like. All of them are places I am never visiting ever again. I am staying here. Where it is peaceful, and where I am sure my enemies will not fit in or seek to find. Even if they do come, I believe I will have plenty of...friends there to help me." she'd flash a grin.

Third one, I can't blame you for thinking they're self serving, since y'know, gods get power through worship and all, so they're incentivized to get followers. If you were really in that sorta business though, I really, really hope it ain't working the same where you're from, as it does here. Cause here, one of the only things that's for sure counting for every god, is that you can't just leave a vacuum. If they die, someone else is gonna have to fill the shoes. If they're killed, it'll be the one who killed them. Stepping down... I can't say guaranteed, but thinking they'd need a sucker, more or less. Mind me just thinking that you were being more of a pretend god than a real one, so I can stop worrying? Yeah? Grand. Hehe.

Aaah. Anyway, you got a point on the last bit you said on 'em too. Sure must sting to remember, but there's something to be learned from failure. Mostly how not to repeat the same mistakes. That's the issue with those folks who wanna just skip over bad parts of history texts too. If you forget the mistakes, you're bound to do them all over again.

And to finish off-"

"In my world there are gods, but they were long gone. Some believe in them, some don't. There is no real actual evidence the gods of various religions existed yet the majority of the world believes in them to some extent. Take Apollo, god of the sun. Ares, the god of war. Many gods, really. I only considered myself a god on the egotistical level. So I could be like one, show my power, and people would bow down to me as if I was their god but truth be told I am just me, nothing less, nothing more. That is all I am. Me.

While I may have been extremely egocentric, destructive, and sometimes violent...I never killed or harmed anyone who didn't deserve it. And the only times I did, was when I was attacked first. Despite being a thief, I usually stole from large corporations and rich elitists rather than those who had little to spare. Sometimes I'd even give to the poor, too."

"I make sure to not burn myself, and use extra long fuses. Oh. Oh! And not going back to a dud. That solves lots of problems, hehe."

"Darn it sis, can't ya lemme finish?"

"But you're talking too much and being boring!"

The two siblings would pull their tongues on one another after that. Brother and sister indeed, even if one were more or less on the task of raising her, which gave him a bit of power. If he used it right though, were up for debate.

Cali laughed at this before sticking out her tongue at them. She smiled, she always liked their antics and thought it was funny. It was also cute. She'd also pat Blitz on the head...and also pat Molotov on the head too. Her hoof was extremely soft.

Light had a blank face in his head.... He couldnt think of a device that they as a group could enjoy....

" Ive been inactive with friendship and bonding activities for a long time now..... So forgive me for picking the wrong activity for us.... So... Maybe a vehicle?"

Cali walked away from the others. In a red flash, she turned into a large farming tractor with seats for all of them. "Somebody say vehicle?"

Edited by Monotonality

@Blitz Boom

Cimex was talking a brown stallion when Flinty along with Pop Rock went inside the inn. At that time, there are about 5 patrons. Cimex didn't find this suspicious as he (she) casually greeted them “What can I do for you, mares, pups, and gentlecolts?” he asked flamboyantly.

Flinty and her crew decided to look around making sure there are no guards inside the building before asking him, ”Have you seen a Wonderbolt and another pegasus with slender legs wearing a rodent skull necklace enter your bar?” suspicion quickly grew up from there and Cimex decided to lie.

“No, I hadn't seen the Wonderbolt and the other mare you are describing”

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Monotonality

Arriving at the junkyard, Luna would look at the place before turning her gaze at Molotov and Blitz “Things sure are crazy today” she said to Blue, who agree with her statement.

“Hanging out with two egghead scientist siblings, talking with somepony from another world, and getting laughed at by a dimension shifter? Yep, this is not a normal day” Blue grinned, “But a crazy day is not that bad what what I've seen today”

“You're right” Luna agreed as she watches Cali and Light talking to each other.

• Brohoof 1