Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Windy decided to stand beside Sorrow as if her attempt never happened. She smiled at Razor and waved at him with her him, to which the griffon snorted waving back at her albeit reluctant.

Meanwhile, Tepe chuckles when he hard Sorrow talk about her grandmother, it reminded him of his tribe and himself. Before he got lost.

While Tepe was only puzzled and Windy didn't care, Razor thought Cimex can afford to by something so expensive like the oven. How did she even got in the first place? He will never know unless Cimex is willing to speak about it.

The griffon knew he had to answer when Sorrow asked him a question, “I was at the docks”

Windy's ears perked up, “At the docks?”

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Kujamih

“You mean diamonds?" Luna corrected Blitz, while Blue just gave a pleasant smile.

@Blitz Boom

“Hmm… This is a rather odd thing for me to ask you, but what’s it like being an ambassador? Or learning to be an ambassador? My sister and I are seemingly moving in and out of Equestria on a regular basis and meeting new creatures. We’re finding ourselves in a position where we may become a go-between for our kind and of, well… other creatures.” 

Sen would continue speaking with Ambassador Golden Sun and hoping to pick up something that could be useful moving forward with the longma elders. With Elder Ghilan turning to the siblings for help at times, they would want to be ready for any situation that could arise from meeting new creatures. Perhaps discussions may be rudimentary at best, but Sen wouldn’t know where to begin without having some idea about what to expect. A longma ambassador would be a first, and it does have a good ring to it. 

Once the Golden Sun left the group by a staircase, Lin would move up according to his instructions first. Up the stairs and the second door to the right, and they would be in an office. The chairs were set up in a way that was both foreboding and welcoming, though the siblings would feel the latter more as the leery looks of the generals weren’t on them anymore. 

That feeling wouldn’t last. Between the fear in Rosa’s voice, the familiar coins on the table, and the last words spoken by the ambassador, Sen and Lin were paralyzed in their seats and unable to utter anything in reply. Lin, in particular, felt the fear grip her as her heart skipped a beat. Not even Omen’s distracting question could get the thought out of her head. Familiarity ought to breed comfort, but not here. Now it felt like they walked into a nightmare they won’t wake from anytime soon. 

“Rosa? I… I know the message was ominous, but even if we shouldn’t worry, we’ll do what we can to help.”

“Not just that, Lin. No. She’s not going to get her way with our friend just because she could.”

“And then what? We don’t know what she’s planning or why she wants Rosa. Look, let’s see how this plays out, even if I don’t like it.”

Sen would stop himself short of running his mouth without a plan in mind, and Lin's suggestion was just about the only thing that made sense. It was at that moment that his instincts as a hunter and protector would come to the forefront, but he was just as aware of Scarcity and her shady nature. No way would he throw caution to the wind, not when he had nothing to work with. He and Lin should be happy with the way the trial turned out. Now? There was fear in the air, and they will have to keep to their next appointment. 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby as to be expected was silent most of the time, and Charir, being able to sense the tension, was also more observant of things, pushing the childish curiosity to the side and letting his instincts to do their job. Ruby looked at the bird but didn't give away her thoughts, she wasn't going to give whoever there was the satisfaction of thinking she's worried. "Until this draconequui is planning to get turned to stone, there are certain limit it won't go past, the friendship princess has been very effective cracking down on their kind."

Being able to sense the metal, Ruby was able to tell the hut was coming before it was visible, she didn't recognize the place, as she hadn't been in this part of the forest specifically. "The mad filly, that's an achievement in this forest, not many sane creatures live here after all." Ruby didn't comment on the time because she had a feeling it would't come true, sure the trickster they were dealing with now may have been the type to enjoy the suspense it caused more than actually doing anything, but she doubted that, she half expected all of this to be fake. 

Charir looked curiously around, but his senses were still sharp in case of danger.

-------------------------------

Scarecrow shrugged regarding the princesses, while he agreed that it was unusual that nobody seemed to dislike the rulers, he didn't really know enough to really comment on it, it wasn't like he had met, as far as he remembered, other rulers and their subjects. He was also aware of the long rule of the two, so that at least gave some assurance that they did something right, since one would think that if they were awful, the citizens would have at least tried to overthrow them at some point. 

Crow's little stare off went mostly unnoticed by Scarecrow as he was diving into his limited memories, trying to figure out if there was any details about the princesses he knew that weren't said by someone in the forest, he didn't break out of these thoughts until the sound of bells was heard, he wasn't sure if it was because it was different from the surrounding sounds, or because it fired up a memory in his head that no longer existed, but it did get his attention. 

Scarecrow responded to the jester's question "He was at the park looking for you." though he was more focused on the outfit, he knew he had seen one before, but he couldn't pinpoint when or where, this time he couldn't even confirm if it was a memory from his current existence or if it was a reminder of time long gone, he did try though, he tried hard enough that if it would have been possible for him, his head would have probably started hurting. 

--------------------------------------------------

The kobolds both cave a short wave to Benny as he left, Sheska smiled at the kiss but other than that their facial expressions were unremarkable. "We'll make a mental note about it and leave it be for now." "We still don't know how we'll like it here, if we end up enjoying our time here, we have no reason to seek out our kind." "And even if we wouldn't like it here,  the truth is, we are different, we have lived our whole lives on the surface with all kinds of different creatures, we won't necessarily be able to get used to the isolated life of our ancestors." it was hard enough to get used to not having to constantly worry for your life, so going back underground wasn't necessarily a realistic option even if they would have liked it to be. 

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-07-07 at 5:06 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hmm… This is a rather odd thing for me to ask you, but what’s it like being an ambassador? Or learning to be an ambassador? My sister and I are seemingly moving in and out of Equestria on a regular basis and meeting new creatures. We’re finding ourselves in a position where we may become a go-between for our kind and of, well… other creatures.”

"It is very taxing work. A balancing act in which you need to learn much in how and when to push back against something suggested by the other parties, as all wish to gain as much for their own side as is possible, and will push at the limits to see if they can gain more. Especially towards new ambassadors, whom may be seen as inexperienced enough to win over.

Yet, much as we push and prod, in the end, deals will be made, boundaries set, and if your job have been done well, both sides will have come to an understanding, that leaves them both satisfied. Compromise is the way of an ambassador, and if ever you walk from a meeting where only one side gained something, that is the true sign of a failed task. It means there were nothing one side could do, making you an invader, or one presenting their surrender. Or very inexperienced, yet I wouldn't advise you attempting diplomacy like this, before extensive training regardless. One have to remain steadfast for the hours, and sometimes days these meetings might take.

There are much more to it though. Keeping good relations with your allies, ensuring your enemies and you are mostly just at a ceasefire, rather than all out combat, ensuring there are policies and systems prepared for a wealth of things, yet this is more advanced. I have been trained for this task since I were but a foal, and thus have gained the grasp needed for many layers of governing, required in case there are tasks the princesses needs assistance with, for a wealth of reasons. I would advise you to simple specialize in dealing with potential allies and enemies, in the way of diplomacy. Leave the governing parts to your leaders.

I wish not to scare you away from this though. It is tasking work, but at the same time, it is fulfilling to experience success in this field, and know you have helped your fellow countrymen attain better lives."

On 2021-07-07 at 5:06 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Rosa? I… I know the message was ominous, but even if we shouldn’t worry, we’ll do what we can to help.”

“Not just that, Lin. No. She’s not going to get her way with our friend just because she could.”

“And then what? We don’t know what she’s planning or why she wants Rosa. Look, let’s see how this plays out, even if I don’t like it.”

As they would go through their emotional responses to learning of Scarcity's involvement, Golden would float over a bowl of fruit, some tea biscuits, and a steaming pot of mint tea. There were also some sweets if they wished to try, though Omen at least, didn't care much. She had her own treat, odd as it were.

"I wouldn't worry if I were you."

"You have just presented me with essentially a threat, from someone whose influence are stretching further than any reports I read on her even speculated, and I am not supposed to worry?"

"Rosa, we are both aware that any threat she would give, is not simply idle. If you try and work against her, I have doubts you will ever see the outside of a cell again. Yet this is only if you do that. You are a smart pony. I feel rather certain of this, and one with potential, if she wishes for you to be in her debt. Live up to that, and you will have much to gain, and little to lose. She said you had dealt with her before, so I doubt you would not know that. Hence, why I say not to worry. You are not headed towards damnation, unless you try and do what others have tried to, and failed at, several times before, and I will not insult your intelligence by believing you would be foolhardy enough to try."

"And you are just okay with your role in it all?"

"Ideally not. At first, I were loathe to think myself working with a problem solver, such as her. Yet as I said, being an ambassador is a matter of compromise. I have come to understand her place in this world, and the importance of ensuring she stays there. As well as encouraging that she does so, while having the best of Equestria at heart. So for the best of our nation, I do what is required. As will you, now that you understand the stakes. I can imagine she already had a task lined up she'd wish for you to do, the moment her eyes fell on you, and have been testing you since. That same sentiment goes for your companions as well., I would imagine.

Please, have some tea if you please, and calm yourself. If you have questions, you can ask them here. Mr. Needlepoint are familiar with this, and will not speak of it to others, and this office have been soundproofed. There is nothing which will leave this place, lest I wish it so. And I would see no reason to let that happen."

Rosa would take tea in time, but he had to sit and think over this, and belittle himself for not foreseeing this, to some extend. He were aware that Scarcity were one with widespread influence, who had a habit of getting what she wanted, but he hadn't realized that he had been tested throughout her tasks, and found to be desired. To a point where she now held his future in her hooves, and if he tried to rebel against her, he'd end up in a dungeons, convicted of several atrocities beyond what he had actually done. It was an effective deterrent for fighting her, he'd give her that.

=============================================================

@Windy Breeze

"Oh? Did you learn anything? Or were you sight seeing? Couldn't blame you.  can imagine you wouldn't want to be confined too long."

Not after how he had it before this point at least, in the clutches of his vengeful wife. That likely hadn't made him too happy with confinements, nor being near her for this long. Though she were just speculating. Might be he had went to try and gather some information, or just have a nice walk. Lucky for him, Razor weren't a tethered ghost, so he could be around where he wished to. A boon not all spirits had unfortunately. Or fortunately she supposed, if they were violent. Didn't want that sort to just float about, wrecking havoc wherever they pleased.

It were good that none of the spirits they had with them were like that, though Tepe could perhaps ending up becoming a travelling poltergeist, if he eventually had to face the fact that he were dead, and couldn't handle it. That were going to become a large problem, but why not just try and hope fort he best? She were sure he'd be able to acknowledge it in due time. Though probably not before they found his corpse, and potential gravestone.

==============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Until this draconequui is planning to get turned to stone, there are certain limit it won't go past, the friendship princess has been very effective cracking down on their kind."

As Ruby said this, a sign would suddenly fall down from a nearby tree, and dangle in two ropes made of what seemed to be strung together leaves, in various colors. The text on the sign itself would be light green and ending in a smiley face pulling its tongue at them. Among other things, as it seemed to be chaining around and making a few faces at them. Likely out of some degree of childish spite.

"Hmph. Tattletale. You're no fun."

The sign would invariably just rapidly decay eventually, and become harmless mulch on the ground, though it appeared that Ruby were not getting brownie points here from the draconequui. Which were little wonder. She had brought logic and reason into this playground, and draconequui didn't really like that. Not when it worked against them at least, and this were solid logic. Their kind were free to fiddle around and do their tricks, long as it were generally harmless. But if they went too far, they'd be tracked down, and if even Discord could get the whammy, the rest could too.

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Being able to sense the metal, Ruby was able to tell the hut was coming before it was visible, she didn't recognize the place, as she hadn't been in this part of the forest specifically. "The mad filly, that's an achievement in this forest, not many sane creatures live here after all." Ruby didn't comment on the time because she had a feeling it wouldn't come true, sure the trickster they were dealing with now may have been the type to enjoy the suspense it caused more than actually doing anything, but she doubted that, she half expected all of this to be fake. 

"It was a brief tale, but from what I heard, she just showed up out of nowhere, with no memories, and began creating things in the forest. Kept returning, despite the attempts of the authorities to put her in an orphanage, school, and so forth. Apparently she mostly crafted explosives, which they could at times hear in town. I assume that is where the mad part comes into the picture. Whatever the case, it seems abandoned, and real or not, I do not feel keen on exploring it. Let us just proceed towards town, yes?"

Leviathan at least agreed on that, though she kept being on alert, in case something would suddenly pop out of these holes, or the hut get animated, or something like that. But it seemed they got a free pass to go away from this entirely, without anything at all going on.

Well okay, there did start to pop colored bubbles out of the ground, that would pop, and release bits and pieces of a song. A rather raunchy sea shanty, to be exact, but it could be ignored as they wandered away from there. It wouldn't follow them... For too long. And since the town would soon be in sight, they could just keep on wandering until they reached the edge of the forest. Marley were quite relived to do that, and stopped out of the forest, right into-

The cardboard cutout of town, that then creaked, and fell down to the ground, with the sound of giggling foals. As it hit the ground, it would burst into butterflies too, and they'd be able to see that the real edge of Ponyville were about fifty meters further ahead. No more tricks there. And maybe next time, they'd just fly over instead of dealing with this one. Likely better for their sanity, and patience.

=================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"The station? Jimminy, and here I thought I had already looked there."

Jingle-Dee got back up on his hooves, though Muffin were still jumping up on him, excited as could be, and wagging his tail enough that it seemed like he might end up flying off.

"How did you manage to get separated, if I may ask?"

"Well, I got to town since I wanted to see the princess. I'm not a royal jester, but it never hurts to be familiar with the royals, right? Well, I got to town, and then suddenly this big crowd got a look, and wanted to see what I could do. Jesters aren't as regular as we once were, so I figured it couldn't hurt to do a bit of a show. I do so like hearing laughs. I think in the confusion, Muffin must have gotten lost. It normally doesn't happen though. I'm not sure what caused it."

Muffin would bark some, which would make Lyriel give a bit more of a pleased, amused smile.

"He says he heard another bell, and thought you had dropped one of yours. It were apparently from a toy though, and when he tried to find you again, he couldn't."

"That must've been when I went inside the station to ask if they had seen him... Well, just good that he's here n- Wait, did you just say that he said this to you?"

"All creatures which breathes, holds a voice. A dryad can hear the meek voices of nature."

"A dryad? Well that's... Woah, never thought I'd end up meeting one too. Big pleasure, ma'am."

"...Too?"

"Yeah. Another in my troupe is says he have spoken with dryads before. Rather creepy, but friendly guy that one. Bit odd, but you know, zebras, right?

Sounds like you're perhaps looking for more of your own? Well, if ever you want to come around and have a chatter with him, you're gonna need a ticket. And it just so happens I keep some on me, just in case I see some folks who needs it. And you two helped me find Muffin again. Well worth it."

He'd pick up his hat, turn it inside out, which showed nothing inside. As it were turned back normally again though, there would be two tickets stuck to the edge of the rim, popped up and handed over to the two of them. They were likely stuck in the seam or something like that, but it were still a cute little trick, in Lyriel's eyes, and she gently took them with reverence.

"Earth Mother bless you, Jingle Dee. This means much to me."

"Hey, not a problem. Whatever I can do to help after what you've done. I swear, he's not gonna believe I met two dryads though. The look on his face is gonna be priceless."

=====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Sensible. Wait until you have more information, and see from there. It is hard to tell how things will turn out here, before you have been familiarized some more with it."

"I agree with that. Though maybe you should try and get to know town a little better then? We have all kinds of places here, like the bakery, spa, coffee shop, marketplace, Apple family farm, and so on, and so forth. And the castle too, of course, but I think the princess is busy these days. Been a bunch of folks up there the last few days."

"Sounds like I must wait with her, but the other locations... You mention a spa? Is it a worthwhile one?"

"Urgh, you've got no idea. So many times I've had a rough day, they've been my saving grace. Really helps on the muscles to get a treatment there."

"Something to remember then. It have been a long time since I have been properly pampered for."

She might be a queen of a nomadic tribe, but Onache were still a queen, and liked a few things higher ups did. A good massage and pampering were one of those things. It really helped to ease her mind, and get her thoughts straight again. Of course, back then she had mostly used enslaved beings to do this for her, but she supposed she would have to do it the olden way now. With bits prepared. Wouldn't be much of a reforming, if she began control others once more.

"What think you two? Should we explore the town further? Might be there were something to learn, if that were your want. I have nothing in particular I strive to get done in this very moment, so you may make a decision on this."

=======================================================================

@Starforce

"Dear child, how you have suffered. No wonder you wander with such burdens. It is good that you have found one who have shown you kindness, and can ease your fears, a little by little."

Had her voice not been as sympathetic and calm as it were, this may well have been sounding mockingly, coming from Fright. Especially as her face were after all, not really one that could easily show many emotions. Yet she were genuine, and did her best to not sound as if she were teasing or taunting. Especially as most whom she poke with, were those carrying fear that were no joke. Things even worse than what Magnolia had said at times, though she were still in the higher rankings. Such neglect and loneliness she suffered through... Had she wanted more details, Fright could simply look through her feared, and get a deeper understanding, but it was a curtsey that she did not. A sign of respect, where she tended to ask for permission before doing so, lest the situation were unusual enough to require her to be somewhat invasive.

"It's troubling, but it is good to see her smile, and hear her laugh after what she have been through. But I don't understand, how are you taking our fear? Is this permanent?"

"No. I have lifted the fear from you, an carry it with me, away from mortal sight, and your reach. When you move on, I will ease it, but fear is a bottomless well. Even if I ease it some for now, fear will still be there, and it will return to how you felt at the start again, sooner or later. My students are instructed to not try and remove their fear for this reason, but instead face it, and embrace it. Control it, instead of letting it rule you.

Besides, even if I could remove it, I would not. Fear is an important part of your being. Without it, you would have no boundaries, or reason to think of the repercussions of your actions. Why think of punishment, when you do not fear it, ir how others would think of you? It is but a fraction of reason why we need fear, but too much will not do either. A harmony must in time be struck. Only then, can you truly be at peace with yourself."

"I've been afraid for a long time now. Especially these days, after finding what I sought, but suddenly, there is just nothing. I am not afraid of what I might learn. Might I please ask you to hold my fears a little more, sot hat I can find the courage to read?"

"I can, but you must ask yourself, if you are ready first. Not being afraid, does not mean you are prepared. Think to yourself first, if you would be okay to know the answer, and were prepared to deal with it later. Ponder this for a few minutes, then answer me that."

Fright would give a little of her fear back, so that Zeehva could think on this properly, but not enough to make her get frightened, and feel sick again. A tough balance to hit, but Fright were experienced in these matters. She could do it.

===========================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

On 2021-07-07 at 1:11 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

His form shimmered back, dirty and grinning as he stood back up, his claw coated in his blood with a hole going straight through him.
"That's what I was looking for."

"No. No! Escape. Run. Make the witches repair you. Fight him later. Don't leave me again."

The element were concerned as she felt and saw what happened with Skall. He were not dead yet, but he could be wounded. He were still a mortal, and as such, could eventually end up dying, if this got worse. And she couldn't have that. It were supposed to be him and her forever, not her left behind here, while he rotted in the ground. He could not do this to her! Had she the strength, she would force him away, by illusion or might if need be, but she were drained. Not enough power had yet come her way to replenish her reservoirs, and she were relegated to simply pleading for Skall to escape, and survive this. She did not want to see him die.

"Can you contain him?"
He said, looking to Shade

"Don't you DARE, I am your king!""
He said, scowling at Chariot with sharp teeth, raring to begin casting a deadly spell

"Skall! Run. Escape!"

"Perhaps. If you can hold him still."

Shade passed through the storm after he the others had made their way from this, and would confront these others. As his form was bolstered by necromantic shadow magic, he could pass though with some effort. Had it been his real body, it would likely have been torn to shreds. Within, he would have to assess that the best he could do, was to try and contain here, though if it worked, he couldn't say for sure. Skall had to remain still for that, yet he'd try.

His avatar would suddenly tear itself apart, and the dark magic that fueled it, would try to layer atop of Skall, and bind him. Tie him closely together, and counter his magic with the darkness he had. This would be rather painful for Shade, but it would be the best chance he had at keeping his general safe, so he would take it. Though of course, it could get even more painful, if Skall resisted, and shattered his bonds/escaped. Wherever the real Shade would be then out there, he'd end up collapsing, unconscious from the efforts. It were going to be some time before he were useful again.

And outside of the area, Screecher would encourage them all to flee. This were not a fight they should be near.

"Of course."
She looked at Emerald and hesitated, considering pocketing it
"You know... If you leave your sister behind, and join us..."
She holds it out
"I'll give you this."

"To her? You're kidding. Cares too much about family to hold betrayal in her hooves."

"I have a deal to ophold. Once that's done, I'll leave. I have no inerest in your crusade anymore. And you shouldn't feel too certain of yourself yet. The Element of Betrayal are a deceitful thing. Perhaps, it does not even truly exist, as to prove it is indeed the most traitorous of all things. This might just be another of it's fake fragments.

And by the way, this is going to hurt."

Without a warning, Emerald would plunge the heart she dug up into Steelbeak's chest, and begin the magic. Which would likely feel as if someone were raking his bones with rusty nails, and filled his blood with fire ants. Among other things, but such were the price for this sort of magic. It worked, but it wasn't pleasant, nor nice to look at, as the veins on his body became more visible, and dark lines crossed him from top to toe

The whole process would take about fifteen seconds, but it'd likely have felt like an hour to him, if not more. But hey, at least he were patched up now, and no longer bleeding. Though he wouldn't feel too good the next half hour or so. The new heart still had to settle in, and settle on a correct beat.

=======================================================

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

On 2021-07-06 at 11:28 PM, Cali said:

"However that sphinx in canterlot may be the odd one out. I find that most unusual. I hope Molotov is okay though. He should be good in a few hours, so we still have some time." Cali spoke as she went over to Blitz to give her some gentle pats on the head.

"It's just a rumor still, miss. Just something some passing guards talked abaout. They swear up and down on it, but I've heard tall tales that wasn't true before. Some stories just kinda get out of hoof. But if it's real, it is gonna be really weird to go the Canterlot again. As said, their kind doesn't have a good reputation, so I'd be nervous. I'm sure the generals would have it under control though. They know what they're doing. Even if General Tidal Wave doesn't look like she does. A-And by that I just mean her physical presentation, of c-course. I don't mean to speak ill of a general."

She didn't respond to the other thing that Cali said, as honestly, she weren't sure what to say about that. *Thank you for not breaking our dimension*? That just sounded kinda rude. Maybe best to just let it slide for now, right?

"Your friend is likely going to be back sooner, rather than later. We have some good doctors in town, and it sounds like his injuries were minor. I'm sure they're keeping him under observation just in case, but otherwise letting him sleep it off. I think the best we can do for him now, is to watch out for his sister."

On 2021-07-07 at 3:15 AM, Kujamih said:

" Nope! Don't you dare go that route young lady." Then Light boops her nose

"You may only stay cute and cuddly but never tame others."

On 2021-07-07 at 4:30 PM, Windy Breeze said:

“You mean diamonds?" Luna corrected Blitz, while Blue just gave a pleasant smile.

On 2021-07-07 at 5:26 PM, Kujamih said:

" Don't correct the kid or prolong the topic any further...."

light then gave a sudden pause to ponder.

" Don't tell me you're into that kinda stuff Luna?" :okiedokieloki:

"Noooo, diamonds are pretty clear gems. I sometimes found them when I blasted rocks, but they're not good for fireworks. Rarity likes them though. Lots of shiny with her, so I gave them to her. She's happy to get them. Sometimes, Spike comes to munch on them too. Hehe, silly dragons, eating gems.

Pretty blue ones are uhm... Sapphires? No wait, Rarity said those weren't sapphires! Just some sorta weird glass thing. Still nice and shiny. Blue in a silver collar. *giggle* I think it would look pretty. You sure you don't want a collar? I've seen other ponies with it before. Lots of biiiiiig, spiky manes in many colors too though. Really big. Dunno why they look like that."

She were thinking about folks into some rather strange music, but to her, they just looked special, and she liked that. It was a fun thing to see new things, and new looks on ponies. Couldn't just sit and watch the same things over and over again, right? Had to have some variation!

Though with the last comment, Blitz would stop pestering Light for a bit, to go over and look up at Luna.

"Ooooh. Does that mean that You go with collars? Are they blue? Red? Yellow? Green? Oooh, Green. That'd be pretty."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Skall grinned as he heard the element cried out as Shade contain him, was this illusion that good?
His confirmation came from Shade trying to contain him, screeching loudly as Chariot leapt out of the way of Shade
Skall patching up the wound within the enclosure, green sparkling as the illusion passed

Skall began chuckling nonsensically from around the group
"So much effort so little outcome."

Skall would manifest himself, holding the element which began to emit a smoky aura around his form standing outside of Shade's form
any attempt to touch it would yield a solid surface at the same time as the one Shade surrounded, yelding doubt to which one was an illusion.

At the same time Chariot cast a shield around Shade and Skall, trying to help contain the two before witnessing the second one.
Skall cackling as multiple versions of himself were generated
"Only a coward hides themselves this way!"

"Coward?"
The one inside shade cackled once more, beginning to pour out a green magic
"The cowards here are banishing magic in fear of their destruction. Yet using puppets to stop the destruction instead of doing it themselves!"
He said, gesturing to Shade's current state
"They are even using you to stop me! You are only a puppet, contained by friendship! Unleash yourself and join me!"

if he had fists he'd clench them, Chariot knew he couldn't lash out while Skall hid himself this way and while he might be inside shades spell, but the element was weak and so was Skall, he had to be stretching himself doing this. All he had to do was push Skall too far
Chariot's mane began to hover into the air as his eyes glowed orange softly.
"Very well, but I won't do it for you!"

Dust and rocks around him floated up as he did, a faint image of the element of greed projected as he attempted to conjure the same magic as the element, to pull in Skalls magic and forcing the illusion to dim enough for Shade to see which one was real, trying to concentrate this anti-magic on just Skall, but there was still a chance the others could be effected. At the same time General Iron(who I forgot was here) took his wing shards and sliced through each form, creating a tornado of knives targeting Skall. Surely they could find him now, right?

=============================

Steelbeak has experienced death and resurrection before, many Rose has witnessed, so she wasn't shocked to see him cackle and scream at the same time, a familiar feeling to him
but was still a horrific experience nonetheless, so intensely that he stopped making a noise, and in the instant the magic stopped, he fell silent, huffing as his new heart skipped a beat, almost slumping to the ground

He looked at Emerald, grinning as his eyes glowed an eerie green
"I am very familiar with how this element works, that's why we're going to find out where it is by tracking the source of it's magic."
"So I suppose if the deal is struck, we can part ways now, since you don't want to join us"

Rose nods and opens a portal, Steelbeak stepping through, with a uneven breath from this new heart.
Rose turns to Emerald, sighing a bit, starting to second guess this entire thing...
"What are you going to do when you get back to them?"

=========================

Nectar would crash into Canterlot, searching for someone to alert of the stealing of another element of disharmony.
Though she wore a necklace around her, with a crystal on the front.
Even Nectar doubted which one was the real one, but she possessed several of the fakes

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia listens calmly, yet intently. She doesn't interrupt the two of them talking, but when they had ceased she stepped forward. "We both have suffered. I was abandoned by my parents. My father saw me as a mistake, since I was not his child. But that of my mother, and a stallion that went unknown. I was old enough to remember that my parents had enough of me, and I remember that they didn't even say goodbye to me. They just sent me off to the Orphanage in Canterlot, and moved to a different area of the city to where I couldn't find them." she looked on, a look of resignation to her tale but deep down she felt rage. Pure and utter rage.

"It was later I found out that they also not only raised Shining Armour, the Prince of the Crystal Empire, but also Twilight Sparkle herself. I wanted to hurt them. I wanted to make them pay. I wanted to make them feel the same way I did, and then some. I wanted to take everything from them, hear them beg. See them cry as I shatter everything...just like how my parents denied me a better life." she was angry now. Not at any of them, but at her parents and her siblings. The shadows shifted, her eyes flowed with a subtle flickering flow of magic like a bright flame.

"My friend here defeated me in combat, and taught me something. That if I went the path like that, I would have ended up far worse off eventually. Part of me still feels the way I did, another part of me wants to seek closure, another wants to move on all together and forge an entirely new life." she sighed. "I wandered the land for years. Alone. Lost. Scrounging off of the land and getting what I could to survive, sometimes getting involved in the affairs of others, usually not. I decided to make my home in the Peaks of Peril. A perilous mountain range where few would go, and where nobody would ever hurt me. I made a cave into my place of home over the years. My thoughts and ambitions driving into a thin dull paste...that was until I found out who Twilight Sparkle really was." she sighs, looking off to the side, her eyes dripping with subtle tears.

"My fear? Well, I am afraid I wasted 30 years of my life for nothing. I am afraid that I am a waste, and that indeed...my life was a mistake. I am also afraid of the more common things most ponies have, I usually would hide my fear under a mask of brutality and resignation from the common masses. I am afraid that nobody will believe my tale. I am afraid that few, if any would ever help me. I am afraid that my parent's actions will go unpunished." she was pouring her heart out here, truthfully.

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

"All legends and rumors have a basis in truth, at least most of them. If it wasn't true, than why so many talk about? Unless it is a deliberate lie to manipulate others into following to cast shade on what is really going on. Either way, I cannot really comment on that much other than that your world likely has such hidden secrets and agendas that you cannot even fathom. Question everything. Verify. Search. Do not simply be a sheep. I'd rather live one day as the wolf than 100 years as the sheep." she spoke proudly, glad that Blitz was safe and that Molotov was healing.

@Blitz Boom

Sen listened close to Ambassador Golden Sun’s explanation, picking up some insights about the role. This one time he was interested had him feeling a little deflated, though not because of what an ambassador would do but because of what the longma learned about himself and how it relates to the wider world and other creatures. Sen, by any measure, is a naive newcomer, and the longma are just as naive as him when compared to Equestria’s creatures. Those that are more established and known in pony society have more leverage over unknowns like the longma. Even the changelings have a leg up because the have allies in the ponies, something that the longma lack. Without the numbers or strength to match them, Sen would have a lot of work cut out for him, especially because he isn’t even an ambassador in any official capacity. 

“Huh… maybe I should take this slow. Without any formal training, I, and the longma by extension, are easy pickings for a lot of creatures. Thank you for the insight, ambassador. I guess I have a lot to think about now knowing just what goes on in that task. Going by how you explained the work, it sounds like it’s a humbling line of work.”

It was sobering as well, realizing what goes on into maintaining good relations between two or more groups of creatures. Sen didn’t really see himself as a mediator, but knowing the position he found himself in, he would need to learn. Unfortunately, more recent developments got his mind off of the ambassador job description and had him focusing on the dread that washed over him and his sister. It wasn’t an easy position for Rosa to be in, and Golden Sun mentioning that they shouldn’t worry is, well… worrying. 

Lin would normally jump in and agree with the ambassador here, but even she was concerned, feeling like she’s weighed down by something in her gut. She’d take a sip of the tea she was offered, but its minty taste didn’t do so much as minutely deter any feelings of dread. Sadly, this isn’t the time to get heavily influenced by emotions, and she’d try to steer the conversation into a more logical one. 

“Why does Scarcity want Rosa indebted to her? What would she get out of this? Let’s first find out what we know about Scarcity. Maybe that could narrow down some possibilities.”

“We know she has influence, and it’s more than likely she has access to resources that someone in a similar position wouldn’t have.” Sen pitched in, calming himself a little. It wasn't a distraction from how he was feeling at the moment, but rushing in to the upcoming appointment with Scarcity without forethought was a waste. They did achieve their previous request, and Scarcity helped them out with some golem shells for the disembodied spirits. "She does keep to word, so there might be something to that."

“But what does she have to gain from this specific arrangement? It’s not like she’ll do something if it means getting something in return. Unless this has something to do with our last meeting… Rosa, does she know something about you that she could use to her advantage?” 

@Blitz Boom

"No trauma, not at least in the way you may be thinking, per say.  Rising has Perfect Memory, since the moment he opened his eyes.  Even today he could tell you every detail of the room he was born in as if it happened moments ago.  My face, the doctor and nurses, what his father was wearing while he held the bundle of blankets that wrapped Dawn who was born half a day earlier.  He could tell you about a walk he went on a year ago, how many ponies he passed, what they were wearing, what they were saying, what they were doing.  Reliving these moments like a snap shot in time.  However, that includes both the good and the bad.  He has to dull strong memories, file them away where they are less noisy, to prevent them from constantly overwhelming the here and now.  It can shape you in strange ways, but he turned out alright, if I do say so myself," the mother said proudly.

Dawn was delayed the taste of the sweets she was so after, but mother go her way.  The younger mare of the trio would just have to pout and wait.  Being forced to now pay attention though did make her second guess blowing off a chance to see Harrowmark's capitol.  See planted her rump on the floor to join in the presentation.  A place the looked as if it was taken out of one of her father's history books to long, long ago in Equestria.  It had a charm, that was true, like those old fairs a pony could go to and experience for a day what it was like to live without modern conveniences.  Those few that did roam the streets did appear happy, happier than they'd been in a long time.  A very large population of diamond dogs was noted by the fixer.  Equestria had opened their doors a lot more to other races of the land in recent years, but the levels of immigration hadn't reached these heights yet.  "Change doesn't happen quickly even when it is invited.  It's going to be a culture shock inside of a culture shock once freedoms are regained and Equestria comes knocking with open arms," Dawn commented.  The power vacuum will be the first hurdle if she understood correctly the roles of the Queen and long lost High Priestess in their land.

"A memorial would be nice, but let's not go knocking on death's door asking where to bury my son, just yet," generally more taboo in Equestria to be planning for such things, even Grace had at least another ten years until things like her own preparations should even be a topic.  Still, she knew their ways were different, so she offered up a sweet smile in thanks to Lily's considerations.  Who even knows in another sixty or more years where Rising might want to be laid to rest.  A lot can happen.  "It looks like a lovely place Lily, I can't wait to see it in person."

Now it was finally back to Dawn, "Well, just like breakfast you can really pick anything that might look good to you.  The mud isn't like, icky swamp muck.  It's very special from a far off land, imbued with revitalizing properties that does wonders for the coat.  If it isn't your things, then may I recommend the Herbal Soak to start," she motioned to the same area as the mud, where the baths were seated into the floor like a small pool.  Instead of mud though they were a roiling warm water with pretty leaves and beautiful petals floated.  The warm water steeping the the plants to infuse the bath.  "The aromas are wonderful for the sinuses and the special Lotus blend of herbs relaxes the muscles, shines your coat and the bubbling water gives you a mini massage to make the real one even more amazing," she offered the trade secret.  Grace made her way over to the bath next to that one, full of hot mud instead.  Sitting on the edge before slowly lowering herself into the thick mud with a pleased smile on her lips.

@EQ_Theta

"I can assure you that she knows something of your friend. As she does me, and you. No matter how reclusive one are, there will always be information to be found. And that is what she harnesses better than any other I have met. It is her weapon, as it is her shield, as those who hates her for what she may knows, also realized that hurting her will not stop others from knowing. It will just set lose what she's keeping to herself.

Think of this too, and you will realize that you are not asking the right questions. Rosa? You are an intelligent thestral, if I may be so bold. For your job, you would have to. What think you of this?"

"...I think you're correct. Scarcity is a problem solver, and to be that, you need several tools at your disposal, for any kind of situation. That is what you're implying too, is it not? I'm a tool?"

"I would rather refer to you as a valuable asset. Tool sounds rather demeaning to my ears. Still, you are not incorrect. Scarcity deals with beings of many backgrounds, coming to her to help with a variety is issues. Between that, and her information network, she have cemented herself in a powerful position, which I only know little off. I imagine it is bigger than I know, but not as much as I fear. I believe she enjoys having some degree of freedom, and being on top does not allow that. Too many things to constantly deal with, which is something I can personally attest.

Were I to venture a guess, I would assume she have a job lined up and ready, but will have more potentially ready in the future, that could make use of you. What exactly have made her intrigued by you to this extend, I couldn't tell, but I also firmly believe that it is best if we did not know. Sometimes, it is best for the puppets to not see the strings, though at least I consider her a kind puppeteer. She have helped tremendously in halting grave threats at times, or at least inform us of things happening in advance, as well as filtering certain dangerous objects our way. Not everything I would want sadly, but I understand that it is a balancing act to do what she doe, as our work is similar in that regard, to a certain extend.

And I know enough of those connected to her, to know that she compensates those whom she uses for their work. Monetarily, or in some other fashion. Altriusm in a sense, but it is also the smarter solution. Taking advantage of others, with nothing to gain for them, will eventually lead to some sort of rebellious acts. Ensure there is gain, and others will learn to tolerate it, and perhaps even take some pride in it, as one would any job."

"*sigh* Acceptance must sometimes be the wise pony's choice. Whatever it is she'll ask to be done, will be dealt with when that time comes."

This were a lot to take in, and Rosa would need some time to deflect o it. Though at least for now, worried as he were, he knew he'd do better by following orders. Who knew what might happen beyond what he had been threatened with, were he to fail in that?

@Rising Dusk

14 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"No trauma, not at least in the way you may be thinking, per say.  Rising has Perfect Memory, since the moment he opened his eyes.  Even today he could tell you every detail of the room he was born in as if it happened moments ago.  My face, the doctor and nurses, what his father was wearing while he held the bundle of blankets that wrapped Dawn who was born half a day earlier.  He could tell you about a walk he went on a year ago, how many ponies he passed, what they were wearing, what they were saying, what they were doing.  Reliving these moments like a snap shot in time.  However, that includes both the good and the bad.  He has to dull strong memories, file them away where they are less noisy, to prevent them from constantly overwhelming the here and now.  It can shape you in strange ways, but he turned out alright, if I do say so myself," the mother said proudly.

"That sounds like a cursed existence. If I could remember all in my life, I would have gone insane forty or fifty years ago. The amount of cluttering must be exhausting to deal with. I can understand why he seems so... Unfazed about things though. What wonder can be gotten, if you remember so much most things becomes trivial? I am amazed he have the fortitude to deal with this. It must have been odd raising him, with this kind of affliction."

"Change doesn't happen quickly even when it is invited.  It's going to be a culture shock inside of a culture shock once freedoms are regained and Equestria comes knocking with open arms,"

The witch gazed down at the sight of her people, through this little, unassuming bauble, and nodded thoughtfully.

"It will take time, but we will adapt. Though most will look towards the high priestess for answers. The imbalance of the gods, and the power vacuum, will mean that she and the queen must take action, and work together for a common goal. In some way, Rising is essential to this. He is something that we can all gather around, and look towards for hope, and inspiration. As well as a sign that we can trust those from the outside. It will carry meaning once the new path will be laid forth, and Equestria comes to speak. In what way exactly though, I couldn't tell. I think you would be wiser to speak with the high priestess about this. I can imagine she'd like to meet you, though try and excuse her look. Spirits like her, isn't as limiting in the way they can look, as we are."

"A memorial would be nice, but let's not go knocking on death's door asking where to bury my son, just yet," generally more taboo in Equestria to be planning for such things, even Grace had at least another ten years until things like her own preparations should even be a topic.  Still, she knew their ways were different, so she offered up a sweet smile in thanks to Lily's considerations.  Who even knows in another sixty or more years where Rising might want to be laid to rest.  A lot can happen.  "It looks like a lovely place Lily, I can't wait to see it in person."

"I don't hope that it will become something to speak off, for many decades to come. I can imagine you in Equestria, does not like to think of death that far ahead, and I hope that it will continue to be so. I wouldn't want this place to dim like that. It wouldn't suit you. Though you will see it prominently in Harrowmark. As life is your treasure, so is death ours. Not murder though. I don't mean it like that."

She could say more, but right now, she thought it were best to move on, after a simple statement, to try and ensure that they didn't think they were just kill-happy crazies. It weren't malicious and crazy like that, though it would require more time to explain further, and Dawn were impatient. They would get to this in due time, likely.

15 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"The aromas are wonderful for the sinuses and the special Lotus blend of herbs relaxes the muscles, shines your coat and the bubbling water gives you a mini massage to make the real one even more amazing,"

"Rolling in mud still sounds odd. I would prefer to begin with the Herbal Soak. That at least sounds inviting. I can imagine from there, I am at the mercy of your whimsy, yes? Much in the way your brother is too."

================================================================

@Starforce

"Your fears are sensible, dear dear. With what you have been through, it is understandable you would wish for there to be a good and just end to it, and why you would fear it not happening.

In many ways, you and your friend here, are alike. You both fear confronting the past. With her it is whatever is written in those papers. With you, it is family. Both hold merit, and even if I do not know her story, I can tell that you both have reason for why you have trouble facing it. I believe it is good that you two found one another, even if the circumstances were not the kindest. Fear is not often easy to face on your own, but you two can help one another do so. Supporting and caring for each other, and sharing your understanding for one another, until you are prepared to trust they will have your back, and then face it.

I wish I could give you a clear answer to this, but life is sadly not as simple as we would like for it to be. The best I can say, are the same I would say to any of my students in your position: Begin to steel your heart, in preparation for the worst. Yet forget not to keep hope, and understand that others are often more reasonable and kind that you might fear. I believe your siblings would welcome you, even if it would be hard to make them believe your story at first. Persevere, dear child, and there will be solace. If not in a perfect solution, then at least with knowledge that it have been done, and that you have answers."

And speaking of answers, it appeared that Zeehva had finally appeared ready to get hers, and with a deep breath, would unseal the folder, and open it up to read the report. A rather thing one really. Only a few pages, whereas the rest seemed to be filled up with pages from newspapers. Rather odd, but she didn't focus so much on them, as she did what the report said. Before it would suddenly slack in her hoof, and fall out, while the rose her hooves to cover her tearing eyes, and just sob. Fright might be able to take her fear, yet she couldn't take away this pain and sorrow. It was sadly not her domain.

Zeehva would be unresponsive, but if Magnolia checked the folder, she'd find that the incident that caused her husband's demise, were classified as an accident. With evidence to follow too, as Scarcity had apparently had a magical tracker out there, after learning that some sort of blast had hit their home. It had been tracked back to a location, and in time, to an explorer, who had been traversing the forest, and gotten scared as a local predator beast had appeared, and confronted him. The spell he used to try and scare off the beast, had gotten out of hoof, and was fired off by accident as he were spooked, causing it to soar off, and eventually, would hit their home. He hadn't had the faintest idea any of this had happened, before being asked, and the report included that he had been told it hadn't hit someone, as to keep him from realizing what he had done. Apparently, the beast had mauled him too, so he had still had to deal with scars from that day.

There had been no malignant force that wanted Zeehva to suffer. It was a chain of events, brought along by surprise, and a want to defend themselves, along with a beast that didn't get scared that easily, and caused things to get out of hoof. In the end, there were really no one for her to blame, for the tragedy that befell her.

As for the newspaper pages, they had a variety of themes to them, but one were present in them all: Zeehva herself. Stories of her being in whatever area the paper the town had been printed in were, and what she had done of good deeds. Lines of her being a hero, and how she had vanished before they could give her thanks but hoped that she would hear their words through their story. Which even included some testimonies from locals it seemed, describing various sorts of dangerous beings and animals she had helped with, depending on the area.

For all intents and purposes, it seemed like Scarcity had sent her out on these jobs, not to gain anything substantial for it, but to make Zeehva understand that her life wasn't over, just because she had been through this tragedy. She still had purpose, and those who were thankful about her. Though she wouldn't call herself that, others saw her as a hero. Likely still some sort of ulterior motives, but such were it with fixers. Best you could do was just accept that you always paid something for their help, and shouldn't think too much about it.

===============================================================

@FanOfManyShows

On 2021-07-11 at 2:29 AM, FanOfManyShows said:

"The cowards here are banishing magic in fear of their destruction. Yet using puppets to stop the destruction instead of doing it themselves!"
He said, gesturing to Shade's current state
"They are even using you to stop me! You are only a puppet, contained by friendship! Unleash yourself and join me!"

"I don't care about you, weakling. This is a distraction. That is what puppets are for."

Shade could still speak through this, though it were troubled. As were it, that he did not know where the real Skall were, and if he had even gotten hold of him. Though either way, what did it matter? Screecher and the others would be long gone by now, so he had fulfilled his purpose. What backlash hit him, and how painful this would be, were not important. His pain would heal. Them dying wouldn't. And much as most thought that he was an uncaring, unlikable stain on the guards reputation, he did not do what he did, to make them proud and happy. He did what they didn't have the guts to do, to keep the kingdom safe, and their mocking words would be met with all the scorn he couldn't contain. All but her. The one who had seen his potential, and given him purpose, after he were banished from home. All because he stole the old texts, to save his cousins...

But not her. Screecher did not toss him aside. She tutored him in what were right, and utilized him and his skillset well, and he were more than happy to do anything she asked of him. She had earned his loyalty, and if he had to sacrifice so that she were safe, then he would do so without care. Everypony else? They could bite him.

As for the element, it let out a mental sigh of relief. She had not seen this were an illusions at all, before Skall began to show off. She were too weakened right now to think she could have offered him much of it, and were afraid as she saw him hurt. It clouded her judgement. Though she still wanted to tear Shade apart, and burn the remnants in a lake of fire, for his attempt at trapping Skall. Foolish puppet could find his own dragon. This one were hers, and hers alone!

Dust and rocks around him floated up as he did, a faint image of the element of greed projected as he attempted to conjure the same magic as the element, to pull in Skalls magic and forcing the illusion to dim enough for Shade to see which one was real, trying to concentrate this anti-magic on just Skall, but there was still a chance the others could be effected. At the same time General Iron(who I forgot was here) took his wing shards and sliced through each form, creating a tornado of knives targeting Skall. Surely they could find him now, right?

Shade couldn't truly see which one were real, but did curse out Iron for staying, and telling him to run off, before he'd end up breaking more than his leg. it weren't really clear if he threatened to break it again himself, or warning that Skall and Chariot might hurt him, but some degree of violence were seemingly assured.

Shade would keep a pale eye out though, for the ones getting sliced through, to try and spot if he could see the real one among them. Something though, told him it would not be this easy.

=========================================================

@FanOfManyShows

"I am very familiar with how this element works, that's why we're going to find out where it is by tracking the source of it's magic."
"So I suppose if the deal is struck, we can part ways now, since you don't want to join us"

Rose nods and opens a portal, Steelbeak stepping through, with a uneven breath from this new heart.
Rose turns to Emerald, sighing a bit, starting to second guess this entire thing...
"What are you going to do when you get back to them?"

"Call my sister out for being an idiot, and lament that I once again had to go and save her hide. But my road doesn't leave there yet. As you said yourself, you don't have the element yet, and we struck a blood oath. If I leave you behind before you find it, we both die. Horribly, painfully, and very slowly, I might add. Such is the price of signing something like that, and my part clearly isn't done yet.

Frankly, I wouldn't think it could be this easily. It is the most elusive, and dangerous of all the elements. If it could be found this easily, I'd be sorely disappointed."

Seriously, were she surrounded by amateurs? Her sister, her foolish husband and brat, now these two- Did anypony actually understand how blood magic, and blood oaths worked here? Or even listened to her? She had flat out said how it would be at the time, and yet it seemed like she had been largely ignored. It were like bein a teacher for kindergarteners, if those little ones were learning about dangerous, forbidden magic.

So, unless they had something more constructive to say, she'd follow them. There were still work to be done, and she wasn't getting any younger. Or her vessel weren't at least. She herself, wouldn't really age at all.

===========================================================================

@Starforce @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

On 2021-07-10 at 6:26 PM, Kujamih said:

"... Well Luna do you like wearing collars? Or do you like making others wear them?" Light smirked.

"Dang it howd did this topic ever pop into existence..." Light pondered.

"Oh! Oh! I know, I know! It started with you saying I was a pony tamer. Then you didn't wanna wear a collar. Hehe, maybe I should get you with a big net instead, like a shiny fishy."

Blitz giggled, as she imagined herself chasing Light with an oversized butterfly net, swinging it around wildly, and shouting that she had already prepared a nice place in the stables for him. It wouldn't really distract her from the questions she had for Luna too much, but it would give a few seconds off from tormenting the mare. Of questioning, as Blitz considered it. She honestly didn't see the issue with asking about collars, so whatever context Light put into this, went right above her head.

On 2021-07-11 at 8:35 AM, Cali said:

"All legends and rumors have a basis in truth, at least most of them. If it wasn't true, than why so many talk about? Unless it is a deliberate lie to manipulate others into following to cast shade on what is really going on. Either way, I cannot really comment on that much other than that your world likely has such hidden secrets and agendas that you cannot even fathom. Question everything. Verify. Search. Do not simply be a sheep. I'd rather live one day as the wolf than 100 years as the sheep." she spoke proudly, glad that Blitz was safe and that Molotov was healing.

"I can see your point miss, but I uhm... Would rather not see what's under the surface? I know some who works in investigations, and they look pretty harrowed, and keep telling me that I'm better off not knowing all the dirt that's under the surface. I kinda like just being sorta ignorant, and happy with life. I think if I knew how bad it all might be, I'd go crazy, or really, really paranoid. I'd prefer neither. It doesn't sound nice.

O-Of course not saying it's not important to be informed miss, and you make a good point, of course. It's just for me, personally, I prefer to just know history, instead of looking into the nastier side of society. Unless you meant like, questioning history, because I do that. It's written by the victors after all, so it's hard to find impartial history."

And speaking of history, if the group cared to actually go through the museum, and not just stand here and collect dust along the exhibits, they'd find the next floor showcased some well protected, ancient weapons. Most of them clearly not able to last, if one were to try and use them, and some being drawings, based off of parts that had been found, that were also presented along with the weapon in question. There were no danger of a foal accidentally getting hold of anything, if they were still worried about this.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia observes Zeehva's opening of the papers and stood there alongside her as she opened them. She was too curious to not read the pages but did so in a brisk manner in order to get the big picture. Her eyes wandered, learning of her husband's fate. She didn't entirely know what to think of what was contained within those pages but was not resigned from sympathy. Magnolia put a reassuring hoof on Zeehva's shoulder as she spoke. Magnolia did however, shed a few tears. It was not an active cry but it was tears nevertheless. For the first time in a long, long time she cried in someone else's name that went unspoken.

Magnolia however, understood what Fright had spoken to her. For a long while she said nothing for she was too far within her pain over what she just read within those papers. It was not pain because of what had happened, it was pain because her friend was feeling that way and going through it at the moment. "No matter if it be a month, a year, or decades...we will move forward as friends. Together...I never had anyone like that in my life before. It is both exciting and loving..." she sighs. "But it is not without its pain for I feel for my friend and would do my best for her among all else..." she said with gentle rubs on Zeehva's neck as she leans in closely.

She looks back to fright. "My original name was Moonlight Sparkle...then Magenta Star as given by the orphanage and then I chose Magnolia." she spoke with sniffles as she cries more. "Because I wanted to be free. I wanted to be free of all the pains in the world and be happy...but you can not be free from them...." she was now crying more as she embraced Zeehva in a hug. Magnolia's body was soft and it would be the perfect avenue to cry into if she needed one to cry into. Magnolia wouldn't mind.

Magnolia sobs for a while, before her eyes cleared. She felt a little better, but thought back to the part about Scarcity. It seems as though Scarcity had no ill intentions at all. Perhaps they could seek Scarcity out again. Magnolia would whisper into Zeehva's ear, "No matter your pain, I'll always be right there beside you...to help you and do my best for you..."

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

"Well, I like to question everything I can. Even the darker aspects, they must be known because nobody deserves to be left within the dark no matter what the reasons may be but I can see why you would think that. Makes me think about my more innocent past, when I was unaware of what I was capable of. Ignorance is bliss, but is it truly bliss in hindsight? I don't know, let's check more of this place out everyone." she states and stepped forward to examine the exhibits in the area. Making sure that Light and Blitz followed.

"I got it, Light." Cali chuckled. 

On 2021-06-21 at 9:59 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@abrony-mouse

Leading/carrying Billowing to Canterlot were not tough to do really, as he were very easy to lead along in his current state. He were pretty much a docile puppet, that would follow along, and not make resistance.

As Fuchsia brought him to Canterlot, and started to ask around, she'd find that while there were concerned faces, the overall message appeared to be that this were not the worst state he had returned to town in. Nor were it a massively infrequent event, that he got back in some degree of bruised, or battered state. Something to bring up later perhaps with him, when he got more sensible, but for the time being, she'd get good directions from most of whom she asked. Billowing were well known in town, and overall liked, though she'd find that there would be some passing nobles sending him harsh stares whilst moving past. Which depending on how she knew them, might not be special. Nobles tended to have a bad reputation for a reason.

She'd find soon enough that the direction she were lead, would get them near more of the richer in town, and as the last one finally pointed at a specific house, she'd find that Billowing were not exactly scraping by. He had a rather large mansion. A somewhat fresh looking one, with a big, beautiful garden around it, that were clearly being cared well for. Statues were lining the stone pathway towards the front, though first, they'd have to get past the gate. Which wasn't hard, as it wasn't present, like it were many other places. He had ditched it ages ago, so it were just a nice, open path towards the door, which he did not tend to lock either. Though mainly because there were a caretaker where, who'd open the door once he took note of somepony wandering up the pathway.

An elderly earth pony stallion, with a dark-brown coat, brown eyes, pale-yellow hair with silver streaks through it, and a suit on, would come out towards them, and looked concerned at Billowing.

"*sigh* I knew this would come to pass when he left in that mood... Please, bring him in, miss. We'll place him in the master bedroom, then have you situated in the best guest room. I'm sure you're tired after getting him here, though if you'd prefer something to eat or drink first, you need only ask. I can also direct you towards a shower if that is more of a concern?

I suppose I should introduce myself too. I'm Grim Night. I'm the caretaker of Billowing's estate when he's not home, and of him, the times when he returns in a less than ideal state. Thankfully you seem to have gotten him back mostly unscathed. You have my thanks for that, miss. A little rest should hopefully sort this out simply enough.

If you would follow me, please?"

Going through the place, towards the master bedroom, she'd find the style to be old Victorian, though the fresh looks of the furniture, should show that it were not antiques, but rather well made replicas. Same with the vases, carpets, etc. Still looked good, and were less fragile. As well as less expensive. There were paintings around too, though none of him, except for a single one, right above the two-way staircase leading towards the second floor: One of him, an elderly mare, and elderly stallion, whom he had in a tight hug. By the looks of things, likely his parents. None of them wore something fancy, and just generally speaking, looked like a happy bunch. Were it not for the massive frame, and the fact this wasn't a picture, but an actual, large painting, one could think this as just a regular family photo.

@Blitz Boom

Fuchsia tends to Billowing gently on the long journey home, felling guilty about what happened in the temple and after, and the lack of treasure to adorn his no-doubt gorgeous Canterlotian home.

As they pull up in Canterlot station, Fuchsia feels very much like a naïve earth pony. Her hooves clatter awkwardly on the marble of the station platform and the blinding white from the speckled white towers dazzle her as the morning sun glints off them. Her cutie mark hums with the feeling of friendly pony magic and it takes all her willpower not to prance towards the streets :P

She comfortably carries her still-exhausted companion through the gleaming streets of the pony capital. She occasionally rouses him for directions and eventually she turns into a district of larger pony estates, with grand gates and spires of the own which seem to echo those of the famed castle.

Eventually she comes to what she thinks is the end of the road, with an unfinished gateless estate under construction. She is about to turn back when her companion gives a sigh of recognition. She looks beyond the gateposts and sees, up the large pathway, the magnificent stately home of Billowing Smoke. Never having owned a home herself, and never having lived in anything more fancy than a farmhouse, she is suitably awed. Her ears droop a little and as she trots up the statued path-way, she looks meekly for the servant entrance…

Before she could find one, the door to ste stately mansion opens and reveals a charming but austere elderly stallion – very obviously a butler. She grins nervously at him and is about to launch into an explanation but the stallion cuts her off; clearly, turning up like this with a strange pony is not an unusual occurrence for Mr Smoke.  

She frowns at the suggestion that she should leave Billowing’s side before he is restored. “I’ve brought him this far and I’ll see him recovered. If I am to sleep on the floor of his room then so be it Mr Night.” she says, rearing herself up a little and trying to be imperious. Until she saw Billowing back on his hooves she was reluctant to leave his side – she had been saved by Billowing multiple times in the previous few days and she felt indebted to him.

Once Grim had left, she explored the master bedrooms a little, noticing the portraits. Her large lilac eyes caught the portrait of him with his parents and she sat looking at it for a long while – feeling a warm feeling in her heart and wondering about her new stallion friend and the ponies close to him. Subconsciously she inserted a pink earth pony in amongst them, imaging herself settled alongside them… and she smiled for the first time in a long while.

After that she returned to Billowing’s room and sat by his bed, checking him for any signs of fever. Eventually exhaustion forced her to sleep (either on the floor or on a makeshift bed if Grim had been obliging :P ).

@Blitz Boom

“I guess that makes us part of this now, even if Scarcity didn’t say so. We worked with her before, and that means she may want us to do something for her again. How did we even get here?”

“We wanted to help our friends, so we turned to her. This was supposed to be a good moment, but now I’m wondering if she’s gotten interested in us because of something we told her.”

“I don’t know if she was being genuine, or if she’s really good at acting, but she was willing to do something for us, even if it was in exchange for something. That’s got to mean something, right? What if we’re going about this the wrong way?” 

Lin recalled her past meetings with Scarcity. There was a lot of positivity when they met, and she was rather open with sharing details about her shop or the things in her shop when it didn’t do any harm. She kept to her word, and she would have the best interests of Equestria at heart. Even with the golems, she mentioned wanting to go through some form of alicornification, or a variant that didn’t draw unwanted attention to herself. Scarcity may be a net positive to Equestria, and there wasn’t anything to suggest otherwise. 

Ultimately, there wasn’t much to argue about. Ominously worded message aside, they had nothing else to go with, and their past experience working for Scarcity was positive. If that suggested anything, it was that working with her may be better than the alternative. Lin, and eventually Sen, would find themselves agreeing with Rosa’s acceptance. Perhaps their naïveté was getting in the way of seeing the benefit of this arrangement, but the siblings couldn’t shake the feeling that there was more to this beneath the surface. 

“There’s probably no use in thinking about what could have been. Scarcity wants us to meet her tomorrow, which leaves us with today. What now?”

The longma turned to both Rosa and the ambassador. What plans she had for the day were dashed, and she didn’t feel like celebrating anymore. Her mood had gone sour after learning about the day’s developments, and it is unlikely Sen would want to do anything now. He was just about speechless, staring into his own mug filled with barely touched tea. 

@abrony-mouse

18 hours ago, Fuchsia said:

“I’ve brought him this far and I’ll see him recovered. If I am to sleep on the floor of his room then so be it Mr Night.”

"I'll have something arranged then. Let us just get him to his room, and I can see what I can do."

The young lady had brought back Billowing. As such, Grim would accommodate her requests, and he did have something in mind that should do the trick. Not the most elegant solution perhaps, but he did not accept her having to lay on the floor. It weren't proper in his eyes, and especially not considering what were available in this house. Billowing wouldn't like it either, considering how she had helped him get here. A fellow adventurer he could imagine, but questions would have to wait.

So after he had gotten through the main hall, wherein the large painting of Billowing and his parents were, they would get towards the master bedroom. Once there, Billowing would be placed in the large bed, under the covers, and Grim would excuse himself for a little bit, while he found something for their guest to sleep on. Probably nothing as grandiose as Billowing's actual, oversized bed, but it would still likely be very comfortable.

She could spend the time the caretaker were away, to look around the room if she wished to. It had an actual picture on the mantlepiece, also of himself and his parents, in front of a regular house. Hard to say where it were, but they seemed happy in the moment, just as they were on the painting. Though there were also one more next to that picture, of himself, Grim Night, and a green, earth pony mare, who seemed to be carrying a pair of hedge trimmers. A pretty one, though she seemed to be looking at something away from the camera for some reason.

Beyond that, it were mostly the same sort of theme as the rest of the house, albeit there were some weaponry hanging on the wall, as well as items that were either magical in nature, decoration, or both. Regardless, it looked like a nice room, and not long after leaving, Grim would return. he would be directing a unicorn mare in a maid's outfit, to levitate a couch from further down the hallway, through the door, and in front of the bed. It were a nice, spacious ones, with pillows already on it that could be used to rest her head on. Though it would still need a blanket. Which he were carrying himself. A silky smooth, clean, fluffy blanket, that would make her feel as cozy as anything to be all wrapped up under.

"Thank you for the help, Topaz."

"No problem sir. Sleep well miss."

The mare would smile towards Fuchsia, but say no more before leaving. She had work to do elsewhere, as this place did not stay clean by itself after all.

"A guest bed would be preferable, but this will hopefully suffice for the time being. If there is nothing else you might need now, I wish you a good rest, and I will prepare a meal for when you both wake up. Are there any allergies I should be aware of?"

====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"As said, there is little reason to worry now. The dice have been thrown, and things will proceeds as they do. I wouldn't worry too much though. I worried a long time what her influence would make me do. How much of my morality would have to be broken to accommodate her, but she have thus far, not asked me to do things that I would consider unforgivable. I personally believe she have various beings for varying task, depending on what lengths they are willing to go, rather than try and force somepony to do things they wouldn't be able to go through with. Mere speculation though. I know enough to understand that for all my years of training to be a diplomat, she balances a network far exceeding anything I have managed to gain. One which includes far less noble and moral beings than I am used to. I suppose I can sympathize with her in a way, as I understand there is likely a need to be firm enough to where others know your threats are not idle, when you work with such creatures.

Regardless, I can understand if perhaps this is not something you wish to speak more about. I'm certain what questions you have for her, she will answer to a certain extend herself. Yet perhaps I can bring us towards a more immediate, kinder subject? That being Rosa's dwelling. As presented in the paperwork, it stands ready for you to go to as is now. Perhaps it would lift your spirits to face a more simple thing like that?"

"I'm not sure, but some distance to all of this would help on things. We have much to think about. Thank you for your time."

"You as well. If I may give my own, parting words though? Much as you have been put in an unenvious position in some regard, I truly do believe this is the best. Having you rot away in a cell wouldn't be helpful, whereas having you utilize your skillset to bolster our defenses, a nd maybe finally get a leg up on the consortium, will have a positive effect for many beings. King Thorax said you seemed remorseful of what you had been involved in, is that correct? If so, do you not also think it better that you repent by helping to save lives, rather than sit and feel sorry, bound in chains?"

Rosa did not respond, but the way his eyes shifted to the side, told Golden all that he needed to know. The thestral understood that he would do better to work off his debt, so to speak, and it appeared that perhaps, this wasn't the first time he had been told this. Were it such a hard thing for him to grasp? Did he feel as if he had to be punished too? *sigh* Such a troubled stallion.

"...Come one everyone. Let's see where I'm supposed to dwell then, and try and think of what to do afterwards. I'm sure the ambassador needs his rest."

The medical attendee nodded at that, but mostly just focused on Golden. As well as Omen, who were currently almost done eating the candle. It had lost some flavoring when the fire had gone out, but she would finish what she had started. Besides, she had nothing else to do, as she wasn't really sure what were going on. The others were using a lot of big words.

If there were nothing else, he'd lead them towards the door, and if they just walked out the same way they came in, they'd soon enough be back out in th fresh air. Though now feeling a little less free and unburdened than before.

"This did not turn out the way I had expected.. I'm sorry that I dragged you into all of this."

"Into what?"

"Right, I should baseline it some. Scarcity helped me get away from prison, yet in exchange, I have to help when when she asks for it."

"She is your master?"

Rosa wasn't sure why, but having it said like that, gave him a small smirk, and lifted his spirit. The silliness of it were likely what hit him, as it often were when Omen accidentally rose his mood.

"Sort of, yes."

"I understand."

"To some extend. Anyway, can we please go and look for the house? I would rather prefer to get some distance from here right now."

They'd have to get through a lot of Canterlot, to get to the part he had been situated in, but it would be fine. Wasn't like they were wanted criminals, or had enemies with grudges around. it'd be a stark contrast though, as that part were mostly empty houses, and overgrown gardens. Looked fairly run down too, save for the few that were actually inhabited. Used to be a bustling part of town, before age and most wanting to get closer to the action of the middle of town, or live in the rich neighborhood, caused most to abandon what it. There were effort put into renovating the area, and make it habitable for newcomers, but it were a slow process, due to various legal claims on property, the history of the old part of town, and so on. Piece by piece though, they were doing well in renovating the old place, along with the charms of it, as there were some modernizing that wasn't allowed.

@Starforce

Zeehva would keep crying, but would embrace Magnolia as she spoke to her. The only words coming from her muzzle, being intelligible sobs, and the occasional whimper, as she tried to process all of this. It were so much easier to deal with the passing of her husband, and what had happened to her, when she thought there were someone out there who had done so to them, with harm in mind. A villain to chase down, and make pay for all of this.

But this? There were no one. The pony who had harmed them, hadn't done so intentionally. He had been scared, and trying to fend off a beast he thought would kill him. She had still lost her husband because of him, but blaming him, and wanting him to pay for it, weren't right. Her husband wouldn't have wanted for her to seek revenge on that adventurer for his accident. He would have asked her to forgive him, and understand that sometimes, accidents just happened.

It were going to be harder to deal with this now, than it ever were before. Even at the funeral, she had this to cling to. Now, she had nothing.

Nothing except Magnolia, who were now acting as the pillar on which she could lean on for support. In this moment, she were the thing ensuring that Zeehva were merely grief stricken, and not crumbling into dust, so to speak.

"Grief is a terrible thing. All consuming like fire, and leaves such a dark, cold void inside you. It is hard to find your way out again, without another to shine a light from outside. She is most fortunate to have you, Magnolia."

Were this just trembling fear, Fright could have helped, yet now all she could offer were words to soothe the mind. And perhaps, a little something else,. A gift, which may be wanted, if ever she began to fear what the future might hold, after these papers had dashed her plans.

Fright's floating hands would meet together, then slowly move apart. As she did so, a small object would begin to be created within. As small as a speck of sand t first, but as it grew, they'd find that it would turn into a small, wooden memorial stone. Nothing were written on it, but it radiated a soothing field, which would help alleviate fear, of those near it. At least for a while. Like most magic, few things lasted forever, but she used enough of her powers here that it could last ten days. Though she would not explain it yet. Simply float it towards them, and have it land calmly on the ground, not too far from them.

"W-W-What should I-I do? I... I... *sob*"

She tried to talk, but it didn't get far, before the words got stuck in her throat again, and she clenched Magnolia even more. Funny how she had gone from a villain once, to now being the pillar of good, in the eyes of those around her. Even some on the other side of the gate ,had halted to look upon the two, with small smiles on their faces, before moving along. It were not for them to get involved, in what seemed like a tender moment.

==========================================================

@Kujamih @Starforce @Windy Breeze

On 2021-07-13 at 1:56 AM, Kujamih said:

" I think if I open my mouth more, it's gonna get worst... Don't speak about this with your brother. What happened at the museum, stays at the museum got it?"

"Duh, stealing stuff from the museum is bad."

Blitz gleefully accepted the pets, as Light spoke silly stuff again. He was such a nice pony, even if he was all kinds of weird sometimes. She had to remember to make him a fun fireworks to make him happy too sometimes. She were thinking big time, with streamers and everything. The sort where it exploded into a pattern. Maybe she could make one that looked like him? She still had some issues getting the faces right, but she were gonna keep on trying until she got it right.

On 2021-07-13 at 2:38 AM, Cali said:

"Well, I like to question everything I can. Even the darker aspects, they must be known because nobody deserves to be left within the dark no matter what the reasons may be but I can see why you would think that. Makes me think about my more innocent past, when I was unaware of what I was capable of. Ignorance is bliss, but is it truly bliss in hindsight? I don't know, let's check more of this place out everyone." she states and stepped forward to examine the exhibits in the area. Making sure that Light and Blitz followed.

"I got it, Light." Cali chuckled. 

"I believe some are meant to know more than others. Some things are just best not to know about, even though I do think there should be more known, than unknown. A difference of opiniont hough, right? And I don't mean history either. Even the ugly parts must be taught there. I meant more like, governing secrets, so our enemies couldn't just use that against us."

Cali were an interesting alicorn, that much were sure for Cloudwatcher. Thus far, mostly in a good way, as she were sharing information of the sort that thus far, didn't seem harmful, but just informative. Her opinions seemed to be that information should be free to find for everyone though, which were a point where they had some differentiating thoughts, but that were fine too. Everypony were different, and it wasn't like they were trying to force their ideologi upon the other. Simply exchanging them, in a friendly manner. Much as she were still somewhat nervous what the mare might be able to do, Cloudwatcher were warming more up to her, and her quirky friends.

Once they got to the next room, Blitz would wander over, and look a a montre with a few, different bows of an early making, that were on display. She's fixated on that, but there were many other weapons around too. Including some rusted, oddly technological looking ones, that so far really baffled everypony involved.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Duh, stealing stuff from the museum is bad."

Blitz gleefully accepted the pets, as Light spoke silly stuff again. He was such a nice pony, even if he was all kinds of weird sometimes. She had to remember to make him a fun fireworks to make him happy too sometimes. She were thinking big time, with streamers and everything. The sort where it exploded into a pattern. Maybe she could make one that looked like him? She still had some issues getting the faces right, but she were gonna keep on trying until she got it right.

"Good....wait what?" Light was confused at Blitz answer, But didn't question it further.

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia clutched the sobbing and whimpering Zeehva tighter. She wanted her to know that her affection for her was most true. Magnolia said nothing for a long while as she attempted to console her friend through physical affection. Magnolia was crying more at Zeehva's state. She was glad that nobody had actually killed her husband intentionally. But still, that would leave behind a void within Zeehva's heart. A void that Magnolia wanted to fill some day. Maybe that would start today. 

Whatever the case, Magnolia were quite affected by the way her friend felt. "W-w-we do our best to move on from th-this my friend...it will be hard...but at least we know what had happened? S-surely that removes some worry with it but I am so, so sorry this had to happen...but at least we know." Magnolia stammered and gave Zeehva a tighter hug, her eyes closing as tears dripped down from her eyes. She would cry a while, until her eyes went dry since she had no more tears left to shed.

Magnolia took note of the stone and looked at it with her blurry vision thanks to her tears and levitate it and wipe her tears away as she looked at it and ran her hoof across it in silent thought about how smooth it was. She looks to Fright. "W-whatever this is, thank you...I hope I can be the light for her...and she can be my light for me." Magnolia forced a sad longing smile across her lips.

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

"In my world in the year 1948, approximately 80 years ago there was an alien spacecraft that exploded over the Northern part of Michigan, a state in a country known as the United States. The occupants of the craft had some sort of malfunction, and it smashed into the ground. This was quickly covered up by the government. Witnesses were told to never tell anyone of this by the army, and anyone who did were jailed or mysteriously vanished, or otherwise. These sorts of secrets are protected by brutal force if needed, and over the years that has waned as more and more people woke up to what was really going on since everyone was talking about it but the government itself." she stated in an almost haunted tone.

"It is entirely possible I got my strange power from an alien source.  Honestly, if anything my magic seems to be more biological in nature. I have had it tested and it is nothing like normal magic. It is...a part of me. It is not spell casting so to speak, it just feels like an extension of my will. When I use it too much, or over-exert it I feel physical pain and I can use it up and it will slowly recover over time. Like a battery. After I got it "transferred" to my body, my eyes turned salmon red and my hair became a more orange color and I never felt the same ever again. Strangely enough when I came here, I don't have to focus in order to maintain this pony form as you see before you." she ponders in deep analytical thought. It was true thoughtfulness, really. 

She looks over at the rusted bows. "Those are of a previously advanced civilization. Once thought to be a myth, or likely discredited. But still, there are likely more advanced civilizations for what you thought once existed upon a certain time period." 

@Blitz Boom

“Thank you for your time, ambassador. I hope what we learned today could help us put things into perspective because this is a lot for us to take in right now. Farewell.”

The siblings finished up their tea before bowing to the ambassador and the medical attendee nearby. Whatever may come now, it’ll fall to Scarcity. She is a confusing individual characterized by darkness and light. Lin struggled with the idea that someone who may not be as upstanding could have goals many would consider good for Equestria. Growing up, the definitions of good and bad were simple and easy to understand. Good folk did good things, and bad folk did bad things. Now? There was a gray area she couldn’t reconcile, and that didn’t sit quite well with her. 

“Lead the way, Rosa. I just… need to think about some things. I’ll be alright.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about us being a part of this. Scarcity taking an interest in you likely means we’ll be involved somehow, and that means we’ll be around and have your back.” 

Sen did his best to sound reassuring, though to some degree, he was trying to convince himself that things weren’t as bad as they seemed. Perhaps he needed to believe that Scarcity was being honest with them about the whole alicornification deal. The scholars were convinced of her argument, and they likely had similar dealings back in their day. 

The siblings would follow Rosa through what could have been an older part of Canterlot. Run-down buildings and overgrown gardens were the main attractions. Sen once passed by this part of town, but he couldn’t remember anything that caught his attention. He spent more time living in back alleys in the past, and the first thing he had to learn was to make himself scarce. In hindsight, the old town may have been a better alternative now that he’s seeing more of it.

“Hmm… now that I’m getting a better look at this place, maybe I could’ve stayed here instead of living in a cardboard box behind a dumpster. I’d still be informally settling here, but maybe I could do a better job hiding out in an abandoned building. The privacy would’ve been nice, and I would not need to worry about the rain…”

“This part of Canterlot feels very different. Not as many folk walking around, and the streets are more open. It sort of feels like Ponyville… quiet and simple on a good day. I wonder what this place was like back then?”

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Drinks?" Atzy echoed in slight confusion, unable to stop herself from asking. When the cans came into view, Atzy stared at each of them, her eyes widened. She was acting like a filly in a candy store. "One of each! Yes, that will do," she spoke with a nod, especially once she saw the portion sizes. Karmic though, merely looked between the drinks and the portion she got given and sighed.

"I'll just have a blueberry soft drink," Karmic told the vendor as Atzy jumped a bit in place. Her magic kept hold of the food she got given so it wouldn't wobble as she did so. Both of them had no idea of the conversation that took place between Enzo and Scarcity mainly because they were too focused on the food in front of them.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

The smell of dead earth and the sound of arguing came to her sense, intruding on Twilight's sleep. She woke up with a start and took a couple of seconds to reorient herself. Twilight was in the library still, still sleeping on top of the beanbag, with a blanket tucked around her. She yawned a bit and then rubbed her horn for another couple of seconds.

"I thought I told Last and the Drone to not argue," Twilight muttered as she blearily opened her eyes and found the pair quietly arguing just outside the library. She didn't see any sign of Cherish and wasn't sure how to take it but for the moment, she was irritable at not having gotten enough sleep and wanted answers. "I can hear you two!" Twilight called to the arguers.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"And we're now stuck in an old castle," Aurora murmured before she gasped. All thoughts of the draconequus had gone out of her mind. She recognised the banner and remember taking pictures of the outside of it. "I recognise this place! I came across it on my travels from the Griffon Kingdom!" she said excitedly. She was certainly happy to be in a familiar area even if she hadn't really gone inside. "This place is spooky though, I didn't venture in when I arrived ... I want to say last week but all the days are starting to blur together."