Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@EQ_Theta

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Lead the way, Rosa. I just… need to think about some things. I’ll be alright.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about us being a part of this. Scarcity taking an interest in you likely means we’ll be involved somehow, and that means we’ll be around and have your back.”

"I think it is best if we try not to think about it for now, and simply just ask her questions directly. At worst, she will avoid answering, and we hold as little answers as we do now. At best, she may enlighten us, since she holds all the answers. And I get the feeling she will. She seem to have an affinity for sharing in answers that won't change the outcome of things."

It were a foolish thing to underestimate her, and yet he had done so... He supposed he did owe her though, and it were better if he could atone from out here, but it still felt wrong. He had wanted to be punished for his actions. Though, he supposed, being indebted to her, were a punishment of sorts too. *sigh* He needed to gather his thoughts on this later.

On 2021-07-15 at 4:36 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hmm… now that I’m getting a better look at this place, maybe I could’ve stayed here instead of living in a cardboard box behind a dumpster. I’d still be informally settling here, but maybe I could do a better job hiding out in an abandoned building. The privacy would’ve been nice, and I would not need to worry about the rain…”

“This part of Canterlot feels very different. Not as many folk walking around, and the streets are more open. It sort of feels like Ponyville… quiet and simple on a good day. I wonder what this place was like back then?”

"Being a squander is a time honored tradition. And there certainly are enough abandoned buildings to pick from here. Still some occupants however, so maybe that is what concerned you at first? That they may see you, and have others come to chase you off? Sadly an option, as dreadful as it is.

As for what used to be here, I haven't read up much on it, but from what I understand, this used to be the main area of the town, back when Canterlot were established. I can imagine the transportation options that became available when the train got introduced, in the other side of town, eventually just made it more convenient for most to move that way. The nobles and richer ponies setting up their homes near the castle to feel more important would have cleared them out too. So in time, it just likely naturally fell out of favor to live here. And now, due to certain laws about historical sites, they have to ensure this part of town keeps the old feel, to comply with the laws. I know it sounds silly, but it is a subsection of a rule regarding mostly dig sites, that I for the life of me, don't know how got added.

We should try and find what will be my home though, before we go sightseeing too much. I can imagine there will be much work to do the- Omen? Where are you going?"

Omen had started to wander off as he talked, seemingly honing in on something. She'd get through about two overgrown gardens as she walked onwards, which did give a closer look on some of the buildings. They weren't uninhabitable, for the most part, just pretty run down, and seemed weathered by time. Some work were needed on all though, to allow electricity, ovens, and such, along with general repairs, but there were something to work with. Not including a few examples where there were large holes, or rubble from a collapsed room off course.

After a bit of a wander though, they'd get to one that seemed to be fully renovated. The garden were moved, the toolshed seemed fresh, the outer walls in an old style, yet clearly having fresh stone used, that had just gotten a sheen to make it seem older. The mailbox were ornate and in an old style, though fresh to the point of the cover not having been removed fully from it yet, And sitting on the doorstep, in front of the oaken door, were Hammond. Looking at the door, and cautiously running his paws over it, before climbing up to the doorknob, and look at his mirror imagine in the shiny, copper handle.

====================================================================

@Sekel

Soon enough the order were done, and it would be time for the meal to be paid for. And as she had given her word, Scarcity would wander over to the stand, as she were told that with everything, it would be 28 bits. Most of that cost came from all of the drinks, but she didn't much care. She simply withdrew a bit with a diamond embedded in it - a fifty bit - and put it on the counter.

"This should cover things well. Have a pleasant day."

She'd wander off, not waiting to get her change. This were a small power move, to show the others that she were willing and able to pay for what she were asked for. A small one perhaps, but she would do this one step at a time. No need to begin to make things too complicated.

"You kept your end of the bargain thus far. Wise. We will meet you soon."

"Splendid. I shall ensure everything is in order then."

She would wander off with a small wave and a smile at the group. She seemed to be very pleased with how things were going, even if she were in a sphinx deal now. A risky move, but it showed Enzo at least, that she meant business. Not even his own kind tried to run out of those deals. They knew the consequences.

"We will see what will come of this then, devious one...

Is your meal agreeable? I assume this is good by pony standards, Karmic."

================================================================

@Sekel

Both Drone and Last stopped starring coldly at one another, and turned to look at the princess with surprise.

"Your majesty, we haven't said a word."

"Krrrxtk. Your dreams play with your mind."

Last had growled slightly, to signal the manetid that she was not allowed to enter Twilight's room, but that was about it. And it wasn't even that loudly. After that, they just started to go back to starring at one another, with both sides remaining unhappy about the presence of the other. Multigenerational warfare, and the feelings that came with it, did not just go away in a day.

"Uhm, Twilight? Maybe it's best if you go back to sleep. I don't think you're rested enough yet. You two can move somewhere else and scowl, yes? Please?"

The ghastly voice of their unseen companion came about, and while both Drone and Last were not keen on leaving, for each their own reason, they would begin to move away, and would find someplace else where they actually could argue, in peace. Though one comment would come from Drone, that'd kinda put into perspective why she had tried to open up once they had returned.

"Sxkrktth. The maidens sleep little. Why do these ponies need so much?"

A question Last did not intend to answer, but a discussion she'd be happy to start, if Drone wanted to begin this. Soon as they were out of ears length.

==================================================================

@Sekel

"Awh, it's not so bad in here. It just needs some paint and stuff. Maybe a few pillows?"

A small, humanoid with four different wings, a dress seemingly made out of various, stitched together animal hides, and tussled short, beige hair, would flutter down from the ceiling, as she heard Aurora talk about the place. Her orange and green eyes would look at the changeling bemused, as she made a small loop in the air, and ended up placing herself rather near the changeling. Small and friendly, this one looked like. Seemed like their welcome committee.

"Guessing you're the new guests? Hehe, mom brings in all the funniest looking folks."

"Your mom? Who's that, little pixie?"

"Anomaly, you big, fluffy moth pony."

She'd pull her tongue at Happy, showing off a forked, snakelike tongue as she did so.

"Not Discord then? Still draconequus?"

Flaxxy were not sure what were happening anymore, but it seemed like it were making the pixie laugh. Something which showed off a top and bottom row of razor-sharp, predator fangs.

"Hehe, silly doggy. Discord's not the only draconequus. And now, you're home with us. I'll go tell mom. You don't go away now, okay?"

She snapped her slightly sharp fingers, and the door behind them vanished into thin air, before the giggling little thing would begin to flutter away. If Aurora wanted to do, or say something to this one, she should probably do it now.

================================================================

@Starforce

"It is but a sliver of calm, for these trying times. I hope for it to help soothe you some, yet it will not carry as much weight as your presence will."

Zeehva's sobbing would start to slow down, and go into lesser expressions of just tears, and a few shivers here and there, as it started to finally get out of her system. She were still sad of course, but she would get somewhat more stable, as she were running out of tears to cry, and staggered over the worst of the emotional hill.

"*sniff* T-Thank you. I just... I n-need to think..."

She'd start to try and get her breathing under control, and slowly start to get better. Her grip would slack, and eventually the waterwork would have halted. She didn't have it in her to think of the subtext of what Magnolia had meant before though. It were pretty obvious, but there was wasn't that sort of strength in her right now.

As she began to grasp things more, she'd look down, and note the open folder, with the newspaper pages beneath them. With a shaking aura, she'd use her horn to get it up, and flip through some of them. The documents had taken up her whole brain space before, so she hadn't really seen these. It seemed to bring a small smile to her face though, as she remembered those who had been helped. She still didn't see herself like they did, but...

"...Thank you, Magnolia. I don't know what I would do without you."

She'd openly embrace Magnolia now, not as desperately, but kindly. She still felt hurt, and miserable. Her eyes were puffy, and frankly, her voice sounded like she might burst into tears again soon. But there were some hope in her now, and Magnolia, as well as these pages, were helping her to cling to that, and get some shaky ground. The statue calming her fear weren't bad either, to take the edge of that issue.

"A sparkle of hope. A beautiful thing to behold. Perhaps it is best if I leave you to it, though if you wish for help to confront your deepest fears, there are several waypoints within this forest, where you can enter my temple. I will help you then, as I would any other student."

It seemed to Fright, that this were not a scene that needed her more, and she would prepare to leave through the gate. Lest there were other words to her, that would be what would happen, and the gate would close behind her.

===================================================================

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

On 2021-07-15 at 2:06 AM, Kujamih said:

"Good....wait what?" Light was confused at Blitz answer, But didn't question it further.

"I said stealing is bad. Everypony knows that. You're just being silly, hehe. Silly Light, silly Light."

She'd bounce around Light a few times as she said this, in a style reminiscent of Pinkie Pie. She couldn't keep it going for as long as Pinkie, but she could do this at least, until the weight of her makeshift wings were gonna tire her out too much from this. She'd go back to looking at bows after that.

It should be somewhat apparent by now, that she had a very questionable attention span, and got easily distracted. It worked to keep her in check sometimes, and then other times, it just meant she were bouncing about, talking and looking at stuff at seemingly random. It were weird, but her random, chaotic way of being, could be kept in check, and understood, if you were around her enough. Though most who were that, tended to treat her like an unstable bomb.

On 2021-07-15 at 8:05 AM, Cali said:

"It is entirely possible I got my strange power from an alien source.  Honestly, if anything my magic seems to be more biological in nature. I have had it tested and it is nothing like normal magic. It is...a part of me. It is not spell casting so to speak, it just feels like an extension of my will. When I use it too much, or over-exert it I feel physical pain and I can use it up and it will slowly recover over time. Like a battery. After I got it "transferred" to my body, my eyes turned salmon red and my hair became a more orange color and I never felt the same ever again. Strangely enough when I came here, I don't have to focus in order to maintain this pony form as you see before you." she ponders in deep analytical thought. It was true thoughtfulness, really. 

She looks over at the rusted bows. "Those are of a previously advanced civilization. Once thought to be a myth, or likely discredited. But still, there are likely more advanced civilizations for what you thought once existed upon a certain time period." 

"T-That's a little more covering up than I feel comfortable with. You shouldn't jail others just for asking questions. Just ignore them, and make sure all the evidence goes away. Not witnesses. Just... No. Bad."

Equestria had done stuff like this, but of course, not something most were aware of. Except for Troy, which were one of their reasons for the ongoing conflict between themselves, and Equestria. A war to try and end a monarchy, and force an elected council to rule instead, which the princesses obviously opposed. It was pretty ugly, where the two forces clashed, but most did theirs to not speak about it, or even think about the details. It was ugly, with misinformation on both sides.

"...So you're not normally an alicorn? I didn't expect that, miss. But uhm... Oh boy, I'm not a magic studies sort of pegasus... Maybe the reason your form is ket easy here, that us ponies are everywhere, and usually have at least some degree of magic with us? Maybe something there just kinda... Hits a wavelength, and makes it easier to tune in to? I wish I knew, but it's nothing but a weak guess, miss.

Odd to hear about your magic coming from something outside, but if you say you changed some, I guess that's possible? Some sort of special magic, or infection of some kind. Whatever the case, it sounds like you're doing well with it, and aren't mind controlled, or something like that, so it's positive, yes? Sounds like it, since clearly you're very strong. That can be helpful, if you have somepony you want to protect, or something really dangerous that normal creatures can't fight.

ANd the bow... It's weird, right? We don't even know how to make something like that now, and yet, there it is. Found buried and rusting, far, far down into the ground, in the middle of nowhere. The professor have really been scratching his head about this one, ever since. Same with the other things he's starting to find. It's like at a certain layer down, something like this have a better chance at being found."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

"I don't know what I would do without you either, Zeehva..." Magnolia said with a sniffle as she looks into Zeehva's eyes. "I will um, keep the s-stone for us here and we will make...use of it. I am sure we will notice a good...change in things, Fright." Magnolia said shakily with her tears. She was over the worst of it now as well, and wiped her tears away as she looks into Zeehva's eyes with a slightly resolute look. She was quite curious about the waypoints within the forest though. "What do you think...friend? I'm not sure, do you want to do it?" she asked calmly.

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

"I am not normally anything, but my human form. I won't show you as I should normally appear in a public setting. I am not an alicorn, no." to emphasize that point Cali flared her wings and they just poofed away into a red mist and then her wings were just gone. Poof. Gone, just like that. Cali grinned widely. "What you say about wavelengths falls in line with my theory about it too. That when there is a norm, that is what feels "normal" for me, going along with what you said there. At least that's how I think, not sure if that makes much sense." Cali shrugged.

"You say something that Molotov said to me. An infection of some kind, I am convinced that was the case. Whatever it is, its helpful, and I'm certain I saved my friend's life with it. The bow is very strange. Probably something from a long lost civilization, but how it appeared deep in the ground could be it was teleported there by a spell, it could be a whole bunch of things." she said with a smile. 

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

"Are you guys even sure it's a bow? Or the one who discovered it wants to think it's a bow? Why would you not think for ponies to be able to create this machinery? Do you underestimate pony kind?" Light looked at them both. 

" Questions? Am I right?" Then Light looked back at Blitz. He felt the urge to mess blitz hair so he did.

" Hehehe little rascal!" 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Besides at first turning her head towards the dropping sign to see what it was that fell, Ruby didn't much react to the assumed draconequui's reaction, like she had said to the kitsune during his games, she was a killjoy when it came to these things, and it was no surprise to her that it didn't like it. Charir as usual looked at things curiously as they happened, mainly interested in the constantly changing smiley, but he took no action relating to it.

"Why can't ponies learn to just leave others alone, if the filly wants to blow up things in the forest, why drag her away, especially after the first failed attempt, if it poses no threat to you, why get involved." she would prefer if they didn't get involved even if someone did pose a threat, like her, but at least she could understand the reasoning there. She didn't say it out loud, but it should have been obvious she didn't plan on staying to explore.

Ruby ignored the bubble song, sure it was annoying, but out of principle she didn't want to give their annoyance any satisfaction, she wanted to make sure she was the most boring playmate it had ever seen.  Charir was of course curious, but the weirdness had gone far enough that he also grew more wary, he of course didn't understand a word coming out of the bubbles, to him it was just noises in a tune, but even he knew that this was not normal, and his own feelings added to what he could sense from Ruby, he too turned rather serious, and by extension, boring.

Ruby seemed unfazed when the 'town' fell down, she had expected something to happen, so while she hadn't necessarily expected this exactly, she had mentally prepared for it, Charir in other hand was bit more surprised, though it didn't lead to any extreme reactions, and in the end the biggest wonder to him was the material the fake buildings had been made of, since he didn't know what cardboard was. But even if more serious, Charir still had more visible reactions than Ruby, and while Ruby seemingly ignored pretty much everything, Charir listened around as the giggling sounded, and followed with his eyes as the butterflies fly away, butterflies again being something he hadn't really seen, since there weren't many bugs in the homelands.

Ruby didn't fully trust the town after the fake was real either, so when they got to area she knew, she focused on her extra sense, she had many times sensed the treasures, weapons and other things of the various buildings around, so she would be able to tell if something was notably off, after all, the draconequui most likely wouldn't get the details inside houses correct, since why would it focus on things its targets couldn't see?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Actually I'm not a dryad." Scarecrow corrected "I'm what is called Evergrown, but that's all I know to tell you, head trauma." he had decided to go with the hitting his head story for good, easiest way to explain his lack of knowledge on his supposed species "The greatest difference between us two is that I lack the ability to speak with nature." he didn't really know what else to say, not that he felt the need to say something.

--------------------------------------
"Seeing the town was the plan before...well, Pinkie happened, so I'd say we stick to the plan." Trox stated, the list of places that Pop gave didn't really give anything to the siblings, since besides the marketplace they didn't know what they were besides maybe the concept at best. Things like spas and coffee shops while not nonexistent necessarily, were rare like candy shops were, and for similar reasons, and those that did exist were most likely in the capital city and were only used by the elites. "Getting those maps we talked about could be a good start." Sheska thought about what she heard regarding the spa, it sounded nice to be able to relax like that, but she felt bit iffy about letting someone else that close.

@Blitz Boom

“I was the checking if there are still some ships that sails to the Fillyphines” Razor, at first planned to go sightseeing, having not seen the outside world due to the influence of his wife's wrath in their home and the surrounding areas, the place now trashed with debris of houses and business that once stood. He already have forgiven her for all the pain and misery she brought upon the innocent. He also went out to see the movement of his gang as there is no doubt Sorrow and Windy are still being searched, “There is only two left docked at the port. You two should better get out of here”

”Fillyphines?" Tepe had no idea about the archipelago, giving hints of limited knowledge in his tribe. He turned to the mares, “Are you girls adventurers or something?”

@Blitz Boom

Rosa’s reply to Lin’s concern wasn’t quite as easy in practice. Not thinking about a question that has no answer wouldn’t sit well with the longma, who was comfortable with having an answer at the ready. But this was one of those questions that didn’t have an easy answer even if she gave herself the time to think about it. It was easy to see the world in black and white within nothing complicating matters. She wouldn’t know what to do with the grey area in between, though she hoped she could learn to at least live with it. 

Once Sen brought the conversation in another direction, she would use that as a distraction from thinking about Scarcity’s motives. For now, that seemed to get her worrying less, though it may not last until nightfall. Rosa was right, after all. Only Scarcity would know her intentions better than anyone.

“It was scary at first. Finding an empty building was tough, and being caught trespassing wasn’t something I wanted to happen. I guess being run in for vagrancy sounded more preferable, but I decided I wasn’t going to let that happen a second time. After getting caught once, I found myself living in Canterlot’s slums, the kind of place where someone would go to be forgotten. At least no one would try to turn me in to the authorities there, even if I had to fight for my next meal.”

“I suppose if ponies didn’t move away from this part of town, it would’ve turned out differently. It does have a nice, old town fell that… just works. Ah, that doesn’t sound right when the whole point was to preserve how the town was like back then. Still, this place is pretty nice when the sun is out. Maybe living in a place like this won’t be so bad.”

“Nothing can capture the feeling of living within nature. The Moonlit Thicket was the closest to matching the simple life in forest. Now that is a place I wouldn’t mind visiting again and again. But I agree with Rosa; let’s find his home. I admit, I’m curious about what his place looks like.”

The siblings would let Rosa take the lead and see where his home could be. This part of Canterlot was quite pretty and it had a nice feel to it. Omen probably wandered off to some place that caught her attention, though the whole place was so eye-catching that they could reasonable find themselves wanting to go sightseeing. Once the group found themselves at a renovated home, they could imagine this one to be one of those quaint homes that had its simple charms. That, however, wasn’t what caught their attention, and Lin would see a familiar creature by the door. 

“Hey, it’s Hammond! Still cute as ever…” The little creature’s presence was still a soft spot for Lin, though the realization would catch up to her soon as she recognized him. “Wait… if he’s here, then Scarcity is here too. You ready, Rosa? To find out what Scarcity wants of you?”

@Blitz Boom
A shimmering form watched from the trees, at some point Skall leapt out of the way of Chariot and hid, but he strained at the element in his claws as these illusions performed their acts.
Soon Shade could spot a shimmer, as if a tear had revealed Skall lurking in the trees, Obscured however.

He grinned as he watched a still unconscious Tirek be dragged away from the area by
"Wake up."

With that one word he awoke the tyrant with a spell, before leaping in to strike Screecher with flaming daggers in hands

=======================

Rose stepped out on a hill on the other side of the portal, the group could see the battle ensuing in the treeline, smoke starting to billow out
"Steel Beak?"

She looked as he was nowhere to see, before spotting him soaring into the battle
"Great, already after Skall aren't you?"
She flew after, holding this faux element.

As if the timing couldn't be any worse, Skall would be impacted by Steel Beak flying right into him,
smashing him through the trees, several trees as all the illusions vanished simultaneously as the impact knocked him out,
but that didn't stop Steel from beating his face in as he dragged his body across the dirt.

with only one left, Shade could see who to lock onto, but this new figure would need to be stopped too, seeming to be wreaking of necromancy.

@Blitz Boom

Grace settled herself into the hot bubbling mud bath until just her head was above the surface.  Letting her wings slowly sink into the mud as well.  A relaxed sigh escaped her lips again.  Resting the back of her head against the edge of the bath.  "It is difficult to truly comprehend for those that do not have it.  We can only guess what it might be like and whether our minds could handle it.  A curse?  A gift?  A bit of both?  Hard to tell.  With any oddity one is born with however, the body adapts, or in this case the mind.  Rising has always had it.  He doesn't know any different.  If anything, he might find the rest of us odd for not having such perfect memory," the mare chuckled in her relaxed stated.  Rising of course did not such things about others.  Well, at least not after exiting his foal years.  "Every child is different.  We tend to look to our own upbringing and parents as guides.  In the end though, we aren't always prepared are we?  I'm a pegasus.  My parents were pegasi.  I was raised a pegasus.  I didn't know a thing about unicorns or how to raise them.  We're more concerned with foals finding their way into storm clouds unprepared than whether your foal is causing the dinner dishes to dance above the table," Grace's head lazily turned to the side pointily at Dawn who was slipping from her fluffy robe to slide into the roiling pool of herbal mixtures. 

Dawn was either too distracted or had no real interest in the stroll down memory lane as mothers seem to like downing when together with their children.

"While difficult to bring Rising the same level of joy a mother hopes for their children, it was a blessing that he only needed to learn lessons once," she admitted.  "Dawn was always larger than life.  The perfect contrast to her brother.  Life was still just as interesting in the Soaring Echo household as any other family's unique twist to the world."  Wanting to get herself set on a better timeline, she inquired of those gathered, "When are we expecting this travel to Harrowmark?"

"Too many things need to align themselves mother.  When those things do align though, it will happen quickly," Dawn said simply but cryptically.  Now fully submerged into her own pool of relaxation with herbal delights.  "Please, Lily.  Were you not listening?  Of course you're all puppets on strings dancing to my whims.  I'm larger than life after all," the mare smirked, showing her hoof that she was in fact listening the whole time.  "The water is amazing though, do join me."

@Blitz Boom

Fuchsia explores the rooms, feeling a pang of homesickness as she sees the family painting. She wondered how own mom and dad and brother were – all the way back on the farm. Maybe she would stop in on them once they had learned how to defeat the monster they had trapped… Fuchsia would admire any keepsakes from adventures – no doubt impressed by the amassed objects of a life of exploring and the purchasing power of such a rich pony.

Having now had a moment to consider, Fuchsa was also generally awed by the scale of the house. She had never thought she would end up in any home as grand as Mr Phantom’s, the Talomeno rancher she had stayed with a couple of months ago, but this place put it to shame – and it was in Canterlot! She muses again on how they met in the wilds – finding it almost inconceivable that the grubby adventure-pony she met was the owner of such a palatial abode.

When Grim returned with Topaz and the couch she thanked him and also explained about the lurking terror that followed them, “We should sleep in shifts. If you see anything unusual – wake me up and I will do the same for you.” She says. “You take the first shifts – I will take the second.”

If they agree, Fuchsia readies herself to sleep on the couch, but before jumping in – she holds herself back from the inviting, brilliant clean and soft-looking bed-linen. She was absolutely filthy! Dried swamp mud was ingrained in her fur, mud and no doubt dung matted her mane and tail. Only a few patches of pink fur even showed through and her cutie mark was barely visible under the grime. She asked Topaz about the location of the bathroom and decided to clean herself up.

After extensive scrubbing and drying a familiar fluffy vibrant pink pony with a luscious and full two tone pink and red mane rappeared in the bathroom mirror – she scowled at the image. Billowing had seen an adventure-hardened mare in the wilds but now she looked more like a ‘primary school teacher’ as Mr Phantom had called her… Smiling happy suns gleamed from her now spotless flanks. She was tempted to adjust them with her paints, but decided against being so frivolous. She hoped that Billowing would still take her seriously as an adventurer in the morning.

She hurried back to the bedroom and as long as nothing goes amiss in the night will sleep and keep watch intermittently until the morning.

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-07-18 at 7:47 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"It is difficult to truly comprehend for those that do not have it.  We can only guess what it might be like and whether our minds could handle it.  A curse?  A gift?  A bit of both?  Hard to tell.  With any oddity one is born with however, the body adapts, or in this case the mind.  Rising has always had it.  He doesn't know any different.  If anything, he might find the rest of us odd for not having such perfect memory," the mare chuckled in her relaxed stated.  Rising of course did not such things about others.  Well, at least not after exiting his foal years.  "Every child is different.  We tend to look to our own upbringing and parents as guides.  In the end though, we aren't always prepared are we?  I'm a pegasus.  My parents were pegasi.  I was raised a pegasus.  I didn't know a thing about unicorns or how to raise them.  We're more concerned with foals finding their way into storm clouds unprepared than whether your foal is causing the dinner dishes to dance above the table,"

"You're right. We're never truly prepared for what can happen. A memory like his is nothing I could imagine being easy to deal with, for him or yourself. I can imagine a lot of trial and error had to be done there, as it must be a rare thing to have happen to you.

At least when it comes to raising a unicorn, you would have others you could ask. Books to read, friends to rely on, things such as that. Even if you weren't prepared for their antics, you could find knowledge in some way, and adapt quickly. They both seem to be have raised well, so I can't imagine it were a task beyond your capabilities, nor that of your husband.

My daughter is an earth pony, yet in Harrowmark, things are not as simple as what variant of pony you are. There's so much magic festering everywhere, that all of us are able to use it. Even the diamond dogs needs to prepare for their pups accidentally teleporting out of their bed, or sprouting vines from the ground. Unicorns are stronger, but there are always something, so we prepare for it as best we can.

*Sickle is not actively using much magic, beyond what she needs in the fields. Mostly she helps to bind life into the scarecrows, and nourish the dirt. She's average, which in Harrowmark under Twisted's rule, were just a good thing. Most I had to prepare for, where showing her how to properly handle the scarecrows, and that I had enough experience with to do. Blighteye, that devious scoundrel, kept claiming there were something more, but I never wanted to heed his words. Not on this."

Funny how in a way, she were more fortunate, since she at least knew somewhat what to expect, and had experience with what it turned out to be, that Sickle could do. Though in most other aspects, it wasn't really in her favor. But things would change now. That were a fortunate thing.

"While difficult to bring Rising the same level of joy a mother hopes for their children, it was a blessing that he only needed to learn lessons once," she admitted.  "Dawn was always larger than life.  The perfect contrast to her brother.  Life was still just as interesting in the Soaring Echo household as any other family's unique twist to the world."  Wanting to get herself set on a better timeline, she inquired of those gathered, "When are we expecting this travel to Harrowmark?"

"Seems like that aspect were good with Rising at least. Sickle had to be taught things many times, and seeing how early in her life my husband died, I had to deal with it mostly on my own. It were hard to juggle everything some days, but our community stood together, as much as were reasonable. Long as I helped them in turn, there were some I could rely on. Even that... Charlatan.

*sigh* You ask when we go to Harrowmark? I can't say for sure. First they will need to arrive in town, and after they do that, I can imagine the first thing they do, is to go to the old portal room, and anchor the magic there. I can't say if they'll try and make contact first, or the queen and the high priestess will make preparations first, but my best estimate, judging on where they are... 10-40 hours. Thistle is progressing fast, and with the announcement already made, I can't think it will be several days before things are set in motion anymore."

"Too many things need to align themselves mother.  When those things do align though, it will happen quickly," Dawn said simply but cryptically.  Now fully submerged into her own pool of relaxation with herbal delights.  "Please, Lily.  Were you not listening?  Of course you're all puppets on strings dancing to my whims.  I'm larger than life after all," the mare smirked, showing her hoof that she was in fact listening the whole time.  "The water is amazing though, do join me."

"I've been a puppet for longer than you've been alive, young lady. And frankly, I'm not afraid of you holding the strings now. You might be capable of a lot of things, but you don't have it in you, to tell me to do the things he commanded me to. Whatever comes from your pulls, can never be worse than that, so I'll gladly dance along."

She'd give examples, but unless asked for them, she wouldn't want to spoil the mood here. The details were... Grizzly, to put it mildly. Instead, she'd rise up, and go over to join Dawn in this odd, herbal bath. An odd thing, but after being submerged for a time, she would admit that it felt oddly relaxing.

"*long, drawn out sigh* Mmm. Not bad. Such an odd thing, to be so relaxing... Perhaps you're on to something with this."

@FanOfManyShows

On 2021-07-17 at 11:50 PM, FanOfManyShows said:

He grinned as he watched a still unconscious Tirek be dragged away from the area by
"Wake up."

With that one word he awoke the tyrant with a spell, before leaping in to strike Screecher with flaming daggers in hands

As Tirek awakened, he did so to the sight of magic soaring through the air, and ponies fighting. A dragon too, taking off to try and fight a thestral, that were far from this scene, along with a bunch of others. Following her, were a shadow that reeked of necromancy, and several other sources of magic too. Including one that suddenly came ramming in from nowhere, and began tearing through illusions of the dragon.

A lot of tasty magi to feed on, yet Tirek had learned a few things from his brazen approach before, and so, he'd take advantage of them having not seen him, and skittered away into the forest. He's love to drain all of these of their magic, but he were empty now. Weak, and drained. He could not drain these, unless they put their heads into his mouth and told him to just roll with it. He had to work up through some weaker sources first. And then, in time, he'd come for these, and take them for all they had. Along with that annoying princess...

While he skittered off, Shade would head right for Skall, as he chased his general, and would maifest several shadow daggers around him, that he'd throw towards the dragon. As he could move through shadows, it were not hard to catch up with things, and after throwing these, he's manifest within the general's shadow, and block the path between her, and Skall, with more daggers floating around him, and that singular, white eye, glaring ominously at the element wearer. It would not be this easy for this fiend.

Meanwhile, Emerald would wander out of the portal, look at how things went, and rolled her eyes.

"So not only are we returning here, of all places, but the fool also goes right back into the fray? Not surprised he could make it with that hole in his chest before, when none of that blood ever went to his head.

*sigh* Should we go and separate the children?"

=====================================================================

@abrony-mouse

23 hours ago, Fuchsia said:

When Grim returned with Topaz and the couch she thanked him and also explained about the lurking terror that followed them, “We should sleep in shifts. If you see anything unusual – wake me up and I will do the same for you.” She says. “You take the first shifts – I will take the second.”

"I will do no such thing, madamme. You're our guest, and you won't be awakened by something like that. I'll have some of the staff help me to keep an eye out for unsavory things, like what you've described, and go prepare a few things in the meantime. Something like this, I do not believe we can wait for him to awaken, before preparations begins. Leave all of that to me though. You simply focus on getting some rest, and get some energy back. And if you wish to clean up first, the nearest bathroom is right over there."

Grim would point at the room across the hall, which would be a luxurious room, with clean marble, a full body mirror, and though spartanic, looked to be pleasant to be in. If it were to use to bidet, the sink, or the spa, or the large bath tub, with oils and salts ready on the side, in case one wanted a long, relaxing bath, there were plenty to pick from. About a dozen clean towels were beneath the sink, and if she looked in the cabinet, she'd find several perfumes to use of, if she so wished to. There'd also be an assortment of pain medication, bandages, and gauze on one shelf, showing that they were prepared for Billowing to come back in a less than perfect condition.

Grim would be gone once she returned, and thus, she could rest soundly, without being interrupted.

Far away, out of sight, the cave entrance would begin to stir ever so slightly, as the morning sun broke through, and shone down on it. Not from something breaking out though. Some more of the close by section mountain outside of the entrance collapsed, after the opening had gotten unstable, and build a little, so the entrance got another meter of stone blocking it. They remained safe, it seemed. For now.

As the morning began, and the sun set its first, stubborn lights through the window, and upon the curtains, a sound of two ponies arguing could be heard getting closer. One being Grim, another being an unknown female of some kind.

"- Irresponsible! I'm gone for two days, and this is what happens?!"

"Keep your voice down, Rose. They're still resting. And you know as well as I do, that holding him back from these things are impossible."

"I just... *sigh* Sometimes, he's just so stupid."

"I know of a certain young lady who have done her fair share of bad decisions too. Must I retell the Plunderseed incident once more?"

"Urgh, not again. The less remembered about that, the better."

"Good. Now go elsewhere for now, Rose. And don't try and think you can sneak in there. The staff keeps their eyes open along with me. Let them rest."

The voices would wander away more after this, and not a few moments later, Billowing would start to stir, and slowly open his eyes.

"...Either I'm home, or the afterlife is not as complicated as I were lead to believe."

=======================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-07-17 at 4:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“It was scary at first. Finding an empty building was tough, and being caught trespassing wasn’t something I wanted to happen. I guess being run in for vagrancy sounded more preferable, but I decided I wasn’t going to let that happen a second time. After getting caught once, I found myself living in Canterlot’s slums, the kind of place where someone would go to be forgotten. At least no one would try to turn me in to the authorities there, even if I had to fight for my next meal.”

“I suppose if ponies didn’t move away from this part of town, it would’ve turned out differently. It does have a nice, old town fell that… just works. Ah, that doesn’t sound right when the whole point was to preserve how the town was like back then. Still, this place is pretty nice when the sun is out. Maybe living in a place like this won’t be so bad.”

“Nothing can capture the feeling of living within nature. The Moonlit Thicket was the closest to matching the simple life in forest. Now that is a place I wouldn’t mind visiting again and again. But I agree with Rosa; let’s find his home. I admit, I’m curious about what his place looks like.”

"Ive lived in various slums at times. I've seen my fair share of things that made me question faith in governing. Some places, vagrants were even chased off, or captured by night patrols. I followed once to see what they did to them, in a place where they were caught... I wish I hadn't."

They could ask him from now, and until the end of all things, and he wouldn't divulge more than that. Certain things tainted your soul just by listening to it, and he refused to taint others with knowledge of what he saw. In a way, he doubted he even could. Some things were simply too horrid to put in words.

"I'm sorry, it seems I diverted some from the conversation. What I meant to say is that slums are an unfortunate thing, that few societies are dealing with correctly. The one here in Canterlot are small, but it is not a perfect system, regardless of big words about helping everyone equally. Seen worse though. Far worse.

The Thicket seemed nice indeed. Though what we saw were the version they wanted us to see, as it was a festival, and it needs to be inviting for tourists, so they'll come and spend bits. I would judge it more by what we see, when next we arrive there, and things are more down to earth. Hopefully I am not simply being pessimistic."

On 2021-07-17 at 4:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hey, it’s Hammond! Still cute as ever…” The little creature’s presence was still a soft spot for Lin, though the realization would catch up to her soon as she recognized him. “Wait… if he’s here, then Scarcity is here too. You ready, Rosa? To find out what Scarcity wants of you?”

Hammond would turn around as he heard the others speak, and stood on the doorknob, grasping on with his appendages, and gazing at them silently, with his three, curious eyes taking them in in their entirety. Mostly his eyes focused on Omen though. The sibling he knew the best, as she had been in their realm for a long, long time, before Mother told her to go back to this place, to seek a new path, rather than wait for her master. It were hard not to remember her, as she were not a shapeless one, among the dark sea of the rest of them. Plus, she had lead them here, and as such were in front.

"I do not sense her. Brother, is your master here?"

Hammond would Shake his head, and begin to do his sign language again. Quick movements by his small paws, methodically going away with the language that he had learned. It appeared that he had been hard at learning more of this, since last they saw him, as it were less rudimentary. At least that is what Rosa got from this. As the only one who could somewhat understand this, it were up to him to translate, as best he could.

"...He says she were here, but left. Something about testing something too."

Omen suddenly perked her ears, and looked tot he side. Seemed her eyes were merely focusing on a tree, but no. it were something far further away than that.

"I sense her again. Your master is strange."

Hammond nodded slowly, but were gazing in the same direction as Omen. It seemed they had both located her now.

Rosa made a move to get to the door, and Hammond jumped up, took flight, and landed on Lin. Primarily to get to Shrimp, who's be happy to see his odd friend again. Doubly so as Hammond would start to pat him again. It seemed to work well before, so he'd continue with that.

Inside, they'd find a regular house, by pony standards. Nothing at all stood out, with it being simple and plain. Only thing out of the ordinary, were a beautifully packages fruit basket, standing on the kitchen table. it had no note, but it seemed obvious who had put it there regardless.

=============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 2021-07-17 at 1:11 PM, Windy Breeze said:

”Fillyphines?" Tepe had no idea about the archipelago, giving hints of limited knowledge in his tribe. He turned to the mares, “Are you girls adventurers or something?”

"Well, I do a lot of travelling, but I wouldn't call myself an adventurer. We're headed for the Fillyphines for a personal reason. And to get away from the gang, but the first reason is the most important. Though I can't tell you the reason. It's not my story to tell."

It were about Windy, and her family history. A story she had shared with Sorrow, but Sorrow in turn, had no right to share that with others. It were a deeply personal one, that were likely still rather painful to her, so it were up to her whatever she wanted to share more about this, or not.

"And it's all well as good that there are ships going, but we still need to figure out how to get there, without being spotted. We don't even know how many gang members there are in town, beyond the few goons we ran into. Who can tell how many more their bosses have sent? Did you spot anyone out there?"

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-07-17 at 7:51 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Why can't ponies learn to just leave others alone, if the filly wants to blow up things in the forest, why drag her away, especially after the first failed attempt, if it poses no threat to you, why get involved." she would prefer if they didn't get involved even if someone did pose a threat, like her, but at least she could understand the reasoning there. She didn't say it out loud, but it should have been obvious she didn't plan on staying to explore.

"Generally speaking, it isn't seen as proper to let foals play with fireworks, much less explosives, as they could get dangerously hurt. With her having memory loss and being alone too, they likely put her through various programs out of kindness, and a worry for her safety. A mere guess though, of course, but it would fall in line with hos Equestrians normally are, and the laws as it pertains to lone foals."

"I'm thinking they also didn't want her to set the forest on fire. Dead filly, burnt down forest, and a pile of ashes where their town used to be then. Of all the things to destroy Ponyville, I don't think this is the one they want to be their legacy. I dunno, Let's just get out of here, before we get tricked more. Getting tired of it."

The rest of the trip - barring a few irritants - were rather quick, and soon enough, they'd get to town. Or at least she thought so. Seemed like the draconequus had one more trick up her sleeve, before the real thing. Or hopefully it were real, and not just a double bluff. The cardboard town were not a bad prank though, that one she kind of liked. It were simple, had fooled some of them, and had vanished in an interesting way. There were something to be said for that. Though if there were two of these, she were gonna start setting something on fire.

On 2021-07-17 at 7:51 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't fully trust the town after the fake was real either, so when they got to area she knew, she focused on her extra sense, she had many times sensed the treasures, weapons and other things of the various buildings around, so she would be able to tell if something was notably off, after all, the draconequui most likely wouldn't get the details inside houses correct, since why would it focus on things its targets couldn't see?

They all seemed tangible unsure if this place were real, as they wandered into *Ponyville*. Marley would focus on greeting a few, and seeing if they did so back, whilst Leviathan would take note of some details that she felt might be too much for the draconequus to care about. Ruby would have the right idea though, and could tell that it were in fact, real. There were treasure about in the buildings, and to varying degrees, on the ones andering around. A few even raised a hoof and gave a friendly wave and a smile to the odd group, with one focusing primarily on Marley. Though he'd wave that pony away elegantly. One who had borrowed money for something, and had feared the due was already there. It wasn't though. This were merely a coincidence.

"I think this is real... I don't see anything yet that would contradict it anyway. Ruby? What do you think?"

Leviathan knew what Ruby could do, so she'd trust the young dragonesses senses on this, more than her own eyes. She hated illusions sometimes...

===============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"So there's more than one sort of nature based equine race? Funny the things you learn. I'll keep that in mind. Just as you keep in mind-"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Fiddle-Dee suddenly bounced up, landed on his head, and threw ten small bells up into the air, that he started to juggle with, using all four hooves. Whilst somehow, bouncing around on his hat. It must have some sort of spring mechanic in it to do this, but regardless, it looked mighty impressive. Then after he had done this for about twenty seconds, he'd throw them all up high, bounce back on his hooves, and in quick succession, they'd hit his head, roll doing his mane, and right down into his pockets. A small performance that gave him s fair amount of applause from the gathered ponies. Sure they'd easily see something like that with Pinkie, but she were special. It were still something to see another pony able to do it.

"- not to waste your ticket. My troupe knows how to make a show, you won't soon forget. Hope you enjoyed the teaser, Come on Muffin, you must be hungry, right?"

Muffin would bark enthusiastically for a few seconds at this notion, that food were on the way. Something which brought a big grin to the jesters face.

"Hehe, don't need to speak animal to hear that. Again, I really can't thank you enough, but I hope we can help you eventually, and that when we meet again, you'll enjoy the show. Would you mind if wandered off for now though? I wanna make sure Muffin gets something nice to eat."

==============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"It's a good way to get a feel of the town, that's for sure. And I think you're going about this the right way. pinkie is kinda like a cat. The more you try and avoid her, the more she's just sorta drawn towards you. There's a bigger chance she'll act less uh... Well, Pinkie Pie, if she sees you about. Or she might be hanging out with her friends. Mostly what she does when she's not working, of throwing a party. Or when she and the others deal with some monster attacking town. Hopefully it's gonna be a while before the next one happens."

"I will follow you, as we procure a map, and see where the road then takes us. I know one place I want to go in time, but I am patient, and in no rush. My pampering will commence in due time."

"Honestly, I'd suggest seeing the apple farm when you get the map, and then work inwards. It's a nice, simple place to use as a sort of waypoint, and it's rather pretty there. Just don't harm the apple trees, and you should be good.

Anyway, best and closest place to get a map, it right down the street, and then go into the store with the yellow sign, saying *Hedge Trimmer's Garden*. It's mostly things for the field or gardens, but he also sells some maps, to help tourists along. Though if you want the full experience, a few houses down is Loot Hoarder's place, called *Knick Knacks'N Snaxx*. I know it's kinda stupid, but he have a ton of various things, more focused on new faces around Ponyville. Might be that's more your alley."

They'd both look towards the kobolds, as this were really up to them. Pop had things to do here, so she'd stay behind, whereas Onache were indifferent about the path. She only had a singular place she cared to see eventually, and she'd get there when she did. There were little in the way of a rush for her.

=============================================================

@Starforce

Zeehva let out a hollow laugh, as she wiped the last remaining tears from her face.

"I think if we're going to look for those, we should do it when there's light. Let's just keep the stone for now. It's nice and soothing. Thank you."

Fright would give a bow, and skitter back into her home once again.

"Until next we meet, dear children. Take care of yourselves."

With that, the door would close, and then vanish from sight, as if it had never been there.

"That was special. There's still a lot to think about though, but I think I need some time to digest it all. I'll let you know though, Magnolia. Soon as I do.

*sigh* Would it be okay if we went back to picking herbs? I think it'd help to distract from all of this, at least for a little while. I still need to find some Silvervine. It should glow in the moonlight, hanging down the bark of trees."

She didn't know if she really could just get past this, but she'd need tot hink, and for that, she'd need perspective. A distraction would really do some good right now. Least the stone helped keep her fear down, so she had an easier time kind of collecting herself. Even if really, the biggest thing to have helped her with that, were the presence of Magnolia. Blessed be that she were in her life. She honestly didn't know what she would have done, if the mare hadn't been there with her. Probably cralwed into a ball, and whimpered utnil something came along and ate her out of pity.

@Starforce @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

On 2021-07-17 at 1:14 AM, Cali said:

"I am not normally anything, but my human form. I won't show you as I should normally appear in a public setting. I am not an alicorn, no." to emphasize that point Cali flared her wings and they just poofed away into a red mist and then her wings were just gone. Poof. Gone, just like that. Cali grinned widely. "What you say about wavelengths falls in line with my theory about it too. That when there is a norm, that is what feels "normal" for me, going along with what you said there. At least that's how I think, not sure if that makes much sense." Cali shrugged.

"You say something that Molotov said to me. An infection of some kind, I am convinced that was the case. Whatever it is, its helpful, and I'm certain I saved my friend's life with it. The bow is very strange. Probably something from a long lost civilization, but how it appeared deep in the ground could be it was teleported there by a spell, it could be a whole bunch of things." she said with a smile. 

Honestly, it were weirder to see the wings poof away, than it had been to see them there. It'd be easier for others to deal with her for sure though, as she now just looked like a regular unicorn, but for Cloudwatcher, watching wings just go poof, were pretty weird. As were it to hear that the real form of Cali, were that of a human. She may have been told this before and just forgot about it, but hearing that word now, made her think of it as new and potentially scary news. Maybe?

"Legends says that when you're banished from Equestria, to another dimension, you go where humans are. It's strange to think it can go both ways. Kinda makes sense you'd look more pony here then. At least according to the stories, we turn into humans if we go there. Maybe that have something to do with it for you too?

It's just guessing though. Again. Like with the infection. Though like you say, it's been helpful, so why look a gift dragon in the mouth, yes?

And the bow is not the only thing that's been found. Most have just gotten sent off to Canterlot, for verification and tests. The sort of thing here tends to come up at a certain depth, like it's all been buried, so the professor at least, don't think it's accidental teleports. Not with things being so scattered around. They're certainly interesting though, and we keep hoping one of the digs will suddenly turn up something really peculiar. All that seems to be know for now, is that the things found, weren't just made with one race in mind. Not unlesss they had different limbs.

...Oh dear Celestia, if this turns out to be a long term, elaborate draconequui prank, I think they might genuinely make the professor cry."

On 2021-07-17 at 1:23 AM, Kujamih said:

"Are you guys even sure it's a bow? Or the one who discovered it wants to think it's a bow? Why would you not think for ponies to be able to create this machinery? Do you underestimate pony kind?" Light looked at them both. 

" Questions? Am I right?" Then Light looked back at Blitz. He felt the urge to mess blitz hair so he did.

" Hehehe little rascal!" 

"Well, with how old it's ben dated, we don't even know for sure if there were even ponies here. And this is the sort of stuff we had engineers look at, and they have no idea how it's been built yet. I'm not sure what they figured out to determine it was a bow, but it had something to do with a string they removed, I think? Apparently, they used that to date it. I dunno where it is now, or if there is even any of it left. Could be unrelated, but I believe the archeologists when they say this is a bow."

Meanwhile, Blitz just stood and took the ruffling of her hair with a little smile on her pleased little face. It's make her soft mane go all haywire, but a flicker of her horn, and a good head shake, and it went back to looking like a stream of fire going off on her head. It was just good he hadn't ruffled her tail over this. Not because it was filled with traps or anything, but stuff got stuck in there constantly, and he might end up getting his hoof stuck as well. Or maybe reach his hoof into the bag of itching powder she carried in there. His hoof were gonna end up being really itchy fr a while if he went deep into that bag.

"Hehe, floof. You sound like you know lots of things about weapons. What do you think this is? Something to throw, like *whoosh* *BONK*, and then prey stuff?"

• Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia gave a silent appreciatory wave to Fright as she left through the door before looking to Zeehva. "Of course it is. We um, can do anything you want to get your mind to better things..." Magnolia spoke soothingly. She wanted to help her friend feel better above all else. She sighs and stares ahead for a moment. "You can tell me whenever you are ready." Magnolia states calmly. She didn't exactly know how to proceed with Zeehva's past but decided that it would be a step by stop process she would cross in due time. With one step, she began to lead Zeehva back to where they were before.

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Cali was quite puzzled at this response. "Humans, huh. Well I can safely sure that my world has no ponies or interference from other dimensions to say the very least. So whatever human world you ponies had been banished to, it is not mine." she looks into the guard's eyes. "Whatever those bows are, it sounds like they are from something of a long lost civilization that dates back far before your civilization's time. I just hope that it is something that is really interesting, and not just some dumb prank." Cali huffed. 

13 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Rising Dusk

"You're right. We're never truly prepared for what can happen. A memory like his is nothing I could imagine being easy to deal with, for him or yourself. I can imagine a lot of trial and error had to be done there, as it must be a rare thing to have happen to you.

At least when it comes to raising a unicorn, you would have others you could ask. Books to read, friends to rely on, things such as that. Even if you weren't prepared for their antics, you could find knowledge in some way, and adapt quickly. They both seem to be have raised well, so I can't imagine it were a task beyond your capabilities, nor that of your husband.

My daughter is an earth pony, yet in Harrowmark, things are not as simple as what variant of pony you are. There's so much magic festering everywhere, that all of us are able to use it. Even the diamond dogs needs to prepare for their pups accidentally teleporting out of their bed, or sprouting vines from the ground. Unicorns are stronger, but there are always something, so we prepare for it as best we can.

*Sickle is not actively using much magic, beyond what she needs in the fields. Mostly she helps to bind life into the scarecrows, and nourish the dirt. She's average, which in Harrowmark under Twisted's rule, were just a good thing. Most I had to prepare for, where showing her how to properly handle the scarecrows, and that I had enough experience with to do. Blighteye, that devious scoundrel, kept claiming there were something more, but I never wanted to heed his words. Not on this."

Funny how in a way, she were more fortunate, since she at least knew somewhat what to expect, and had experience with what it turned out to be, that Sickle could do. Though in most other aspects, it wasn't really in her favor. But things would change now. That were a fortunate thing.

"Seems like that aspect were good with Rising at least. Sickle had to be taught things many times, and seeing how early in her life my husband died, I had to deal with it mostly on my own. It were hard to juggle everything some days, but our community stood together, as much as were reasonable. Long as I helped them in turn, there were some I could rely on. Even that... Charlatan.

*sigh* You ask when we go to Harrowmark? I can't say for sure. First they will need to arrive in town, and after they do that, I can imagine the first thing they do, is to go to the old portal room, and anchor the magic there. I can't say if they'll try and make contact first, or the queen and the high priestess will make preparations first, but my best estimate, judging on where they are... 10-40 hours. Thistle is progressing fast, and with the announcement already made, I can't think it will be several days before things are set in motion anymore."

"I've been a puppet for longer than you've been alive, young lady. And frankly, I'm not afraid of you holding the strings now. You might be capable of a lot of things, but you don't have it in you, to tell me to do the things he commanded me to. Whatever comes from your pulls, can never be worse than that, so I'll gladly dance along."

She'd give examples, but unless asked for them, she wouldn't want to spoil the mood here. The details were... Grizzly, to put it mildly. Instead, she'd rise up, and go over to join Dawn in this odd, herbal bath. An odd thing, but after being submerged for a time, she would admit that it felt oddly relaxing.

"*long, drawn out sigh* Mmm. Not bad. Such an odd thing, to be so relaxing... Perhaps you're on to something with this."

@FanOfManyShows

As Tirek awakened, he did so to the sight of magic soaring through the air, and ponies fighting. A dragon too, taking off to try and fight a thestral, that were far from this scene, along with a bunch of others. Following her, were a shadow that reeked of necromancy, and several other sources of magic too. Including one that suddenly came ramming in from nowhere, and began tearing through illusions of the dragon.

A lot of tasty magi to feed on, yet Tirek had learned a few things from his brazen approach before, and so, he'd take advantage of them having not seen him, and skittered away into the forest. He's love to drain all of these of their magic, but he were empty now. Weak, and drained. He could not drain these, unless they put their heads into his mouth and told him to just roll with it. He had to work up through some weaker sources first. And then, in time, he'd come for these, and take them for all they had. Along with that annoying princess...

While he skittered off, Shade would head right for Skall, as he chased his general, and would maifest several shadow daggers around him, that he'd throw towards the dragon. As he could move through shadows, it were not hard to catch up with things, and after throwing these, he's manifest within the general's shadow, and block the path between her, and Skall, with more daggers floating around him, and that singular, white eye, glaring ominously at the element wearer. It would not be this easy for this fiend.

Meanwhile, Emerald would wander out of the portal, look at how things went, and rolled her eyes.

"So not only are we returning here, of all places, but the fool also goes right back into the fray? Not surprised he could make it with that hole in his chest before, when none of that blood ever went to his head.

*sigh* Should we go and separate the children?"

=====================================================================

@abrony-mouse

"I will do no such thing, madamme. You're our guest, and you won't be awakened by something like that. I'll have some of the staff help me to keep an eye out for unsavory things, like what you've described, and go prepare a few things in the meantime. Something like this, I do not believe we can wait for him to awaken, before preparations begins. Leave all of that to me though. You simply focus on getting some rest, and get some energy back. And if you wish to clean up first, the nearest bathroom is right over there."

Grim would point at the room across the hall, which would be a luxurious room, with clean marble, a full body mirror, and though spartanic, looked to be pleasant to be in. If it were to use to bidet, the sink, or the spa, or the large bath tub, with oils and salts ready on the side, in case one wanted a long, relaxing bath, there were plenty to pick from. About a dozen clean towels were beneath the sink, and if she looked in the cabinet, she'd find several perfumes to use of, if she so wished to. There'd also be an assortment of pain medication, bandages, and gauze on one shelf, showing that they were prepared for Billowing to come back in a less than perfect condition.

Grim would be gone once she returned, and thus, she could rest soundly, without being interrupted.

Far away, out of sight, the cave entrance would begin to stir ever so slightly, as the morning sun broke through, and shone down on it. Not from something breaking out though. Some more of the close by section mountain outside of the entrance collapsed, after the opening had gotten unstable, and build a little, so the entrance got another meter of stone blocking it. They remained safe, it seemed. For now.

As the morning began, and the sun set its first, stubborn lights through the window, and upon the curtains, a sound of two ponies arguing could be heard getting closer. One being Grim, another being an unknown female of some kind.

"- Irresponsible! I'm gone for two days, and this is what happens?!"

"Keep your voice down, Rose. They're still resting. And you know as well as I do, that holding him back from these things are impossible."

"I just... *sigh* Sometimes, he's just so stupid."

"I know of a certain young lady who have done her fair share of bad decisions too. Must I retell the Plunderseed incident once more?"

"Urgh, not again. The less remembered about that, the better."

"Good. Now go elsewhere for now, Rose. And don't try and think you can sneak in there. The staff keeps their eyes open along with me. Let them rest."

The voices would wander away more after this, and not a few moments later, Billowing would start to stir, and slowly open his eyes.

"...Either I'm home, or the afterlife is not as complicated as I were lead to believe."

=======================================================

@EQ_Theta

"Ive lived in various slums at times. I've seen my fair share of things that made me question faith in governing. Some places, vagrants were even chased off, or captured by night patrols. I followed once to see what they did to them, in a place where they were caught... I wish I hadn't."

They could ask him from now, and until the end of all things, and he wouldn't divulge more than that. Certain things tainted your soul just by listening to it, and he refused to taint others with knowledge of what he saw. In a way, he doubted he even could. Some things were simply too horrid to put in words.

"I'm sorry, it seems I diverted some from the conversation. What I meant to say is that slums are an unfortunate thing, that few societies are dealing with correctly. The one here in Canterlot are small, but it is not a perfect system, regardless of big words about helping everyone equally. Seen worse though. Far worse.

The Thicket seemed nice indeed. Though what we saw were the version they wanted us to see, as it was a festival, and it needs to be inviting for tourists, so they'll come and spend bits. I would judge it more by what we see, when next we arrive there, and things are more down to earth. Hopefully I am not simply being pessimistic."

Hammond would turn around as he heard the others speak, and stood on the doorknob, grasping on with his appendages, and gazing at them silently, with his three, curious eyes taking them in in their entirety. Mostly his eyes focused on Omen though. The sibling he knew the best, as she had been in their realm for a long, long time, before Mother told her to go back to this place, to seek a new path, rather than wait for her master. It were hard not to remember her, as she were not a shapeless one, among the dark sea of the rest of them. Plus, she had lead them here, and as such were in front.

"I do not sense her. Brother, is your master here?"

Hammond would Shake his head, and begin to do his sign language again. Quick movements by his small paws, methodically going away with the language that he had learned. It appeared that he had been hard at learning more of this, since last they saw him, as it were less rudimentary. At least that is what Rosa got from this. As the only one who could somewhat understand this, it were up to him to translate, as best he could.

"...He says she were here, but left. Something about testing something too."

Omen suddenly perked her ears, and looked tot he side. Seemed her eyes were merely focusing on a tree, but no. it were something far further away than that.

"I sense her again. Your master is strange."

Hammond nodded slowly, but were gazing in the same direction as Omen. It seemed they had both located her now.

Rosa made a move to get to the door, and Hammond jumped up, took flight, and landed on Lin. Primarily to get to Shrimp, who's be happy to see his odd friend again. Doubly so as Hammond would start to pat him again. It seemed to work well before, so he'd continue with that.

Inside, they'd find a regular house, by pony standards. Nothing at all stood out, with it being simple and plain. Only thing out of the ordinary, were a beautifully packages fruit basket, standing on the kitchen table. it had no note, but it seemed obvious who had put it there regardless.

@Windy Breeze

"Well, I do a lot of travelling, but I wouldn't call myself an adventurer. We're headed for the Fillyphines for a personal reason. And to get away from the gang, but the first reason is the most important. Though I can't tell you the reason. It's not my story to tell."

It were about Windy, and her family history. A story she had shared with Sorrow, but Sorrow in turn, had no right to share that with others. It were a deeply personal one, that were likely still rather painful to her, so it were up to her whatever she wanted to share more about this, or not.

"And it's all well as good that there are ships going, but we still need to figure out how to get there, without being spotted. We don't even know how many gang members there are in town, beyond the few goons we ran into. Who can tell how many more their bosses have sent? Did you spot anyone out there?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"Generally speaking, it isn't seen as proper to let foals play with fireworks, much less explosives, as they could get dangerously hurt. With her having memory loss and being alone too, they likely put her through various programs out of kindness, and a worry for her safety. A mere guess though, of course, but it would fall in line with hos Equestrians normally are, and the laws as it pertains to lone foals."

"I'm thinking they also didn't want her to set the forest on fire. Dead filly, burnt down forest, and a pile of ashes where their town used to be then. Of all the things to destroy Ponyville, I don't think this is the one they want to be their legacy. I dunno, Let's just get out of here, before we get tricked more. Getting tired of it."

The rest of the trip - barring a few irritants - were rather quick, and soon enough, they'd get to town. Or at least she thought so. Seemed like the draconequus had one more trick up her sleeve, before the real thing. Or hopefully it were real, and not just a double bluff. The cardboard town were not a bad prank though, that one she kind of liked. It were simple, had fooled some of them, and had vanished in an interesting way. There were something to be said for that. Though if there were two of these, she were gonna start setting something on fire.

They all seemed tangible unsure if this place were real, as they wandered into *Ponyville*. Marley would focus on greeting a few, and seeing if they did so back, whilst Leviathan would take note of some details that she felt might be too much for the draconequus to care about. Ruby would have the right idea though, and could tell that it were in fact, real. There were treasure about in the buildings, and to varying degrees, on the ones andering around. A few even raised a hoof and gave a friendly wave and a smile to the odd group, with one focusing primarily on Marley. Though he'd wave that pony away elegantly. One who had borrowed money for something, and had feared the due was already there. It wasn't though. This were merely a coincidence.

"I think this is real... I don't see anything yet that would contradict it anyway. Ruby? What do you think?"

Leviathan knew what Ruby could do, so she'd trust the young dragonesses senses on this, more than her own eyes. She hated illusions sometimes...

@Catpone Cerberus

"So there's more than one sort of nature based equine race? Funny the things you learn. I'll keep that in mind. Just as you keep in mind-"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Fiddle-Dee suddenly bounced up, landed on his head, and threw ten small bells up into the air, that he started to juggle with, using all four hooves. Whilst somehow, bouncing around on his hat. It must have some sort of spring mechanic in it to do this, but regardless, it looked mighty impressive. Then after he had done this for about twenty seconds, he'd throw them all up high, bounce back on his hooves, and in quick succession, they'd hit his head, roll doing his mane, and right down into his pockets. A small performance that gave him s fair amount of applause from the gathered ponies. Sure they'd easily see something like that with Pinkie, but she were special. It were still something to see another pony able to do it.

"- not to waste your ticket. My troupe knows how to make a show, you won't soon forget. Hope you enjoyed the teaser, Come on Muffin, you must be hungry, right?"

Muffin would bark enthusiastically for a few seconds at this notion, that food were on the way. Something which brought a big grin to the jesters face.

"Hehe, don't need to speak animal to hear that. Again, I really can't thank you enough, but I hope we can help you eventually, and that when we meet again, you'll enjoy the show. Would you mind if wandered off for now though? I wanna make sure Muffin gets something nice to eat."

@Catpone Cerberus

"It's a good way to get a feel of the town, that's for sure. And I think you're going about this the right way. pinkie is kinda like a cat. The more you try and avoid her, the more she's just sorta drawn towards you. There's a bigger chance she'll act less uh... Well, Pinkie Pie, if she sees you about. Or she might be hanging out with her friends. Mostly what she does when she's not working, of throwing a party. Or when she and the others deal with some monster attacking town. Hopefully it's gonna be a while before the next one happens."

"I will follow you, as we procure a map, and see where the road then takes us. I know one place I want to go in time, but I am patient, and in no rush. My pampering will commence in due time."

"Honestly, I'd suggest seeing the apple farm when you get the map, and then work inwards. It's a nice, simple place to use as a sort of waypoint, and it's rather pretty there. Just don't harm the apple trees, and you should be good.

Anyway, best and closest place to get a map, it right down the street, and then go into the store with the yellow sign, saying *Hedge Trimmer's Garden*. It's mostly things for the field or gardens, but he also sells some maps, to help tourists along. Though if you want the full experience, a few houses down is Loot Hoarder's place, called *Knick Knacks'N Snaxx*. I know it's kinda stupid, but he have a ton of various things, more focused on new faces around Ponyville. Might be that's more your alley."

They'd both look towards the kobolds, as this were really up to them. Pop had things to do here, so she'd stay behind, whereas Onache were indifferent about the path. She only had a singular place she cared to see eventually, and she'd get there when she did. There were little in the way of a rush for her.

=============================================================

@Starforce

Zeehva let out a hollow laugh, as she wiped the last remaining tears from her face.

"I think if we're going to look for those, we should do it when there's light. Let's just keep the stone for now. It's nice and soothing. Thank you."

Fright would give a bow, and skitter back into her home once again.

"Until next we meet, dear children. Take care of yourselves."

With that, the door would close, and then vanish from sight, as if it had never been there.

"That was special. There's still a lot to think about though, but I think I need some time to digest it all. I'll let you know though, Magnolia. Soon as I do.

*sigh* Would it be okay if we went back to picking herbs? I think it'd help to distract from all of this, at least for a little while. I still need to find some Silvervine. It should glow in the moonlight, hanging down the bark of trees."

She didn't know if she really could just get past this, but she'd need tot hink, and for that, she'd need perspective. A distraction would really do some good right now. Least the stone helped keep her fear down, so she had an easier time kind of collecting herself. Even if really, the biggest thing to have helped her with that, were the presence of Magnolia. Blessed be that she were in her life. She honestly didn't know what she would have done, if the mare hadn't been there with her. Probably cralwed into a ball, and whimpered utnil something came along and ate her out of pity.

Honestly, it were weirder to see the wings poof away, than it had been to see them there. It'd be easier for others to deal with her for sure though, as she now just looked like a regular unicorn, but for Cloudwatcher, watching wings just go poof, were pretty weird. As were it to hear that the real form of Cali, were that of a human. She may have been told this before and just forgot about it, but hearing that word now, made her think of it as new and potentially scary news. Maybe?

"Legends says that when you're banished from Equestria, to another dimension, you go where humans are. It's strange to think it can go both ways. Kinda makes sense you'd look more pony here then. At least according to the stories, we turn into humans if we go there. Maybe that have something to do with it for you too?

It's just guessing though. Again. Like with the infection. Though like you say, it's been helpful, so why look a gift dragon in the mouth, yes?

And the bow is not the only thing that's been found. Most have just gotten sent off to Canterlot, for verification and tests. The sort of thing here tends to come up at a certain depth, like it's all been buried, so the professor at least, don't think it's accidental teleports. Not with things being so scattered around. They're certainly interesting though, and we keep hoping one of the digs will suddenly turn up something really peculiar. All that seems to be know for now, is that the things found, weren't just made with one race in mind. Not unlesss they had different limbs.

...Oh dear Celestia, if this turns out to be a long term, elaborate draconequui prank, I think they might genuinely make the professor cry."

"Well, with how old it's ben dated, we don't even know for sure if there were even ponies here. And this is the sort of stuff we had engineers look at, and they have no idea how it's been built yet. I'm not sure what they figured out to determine it was a bow, but it had something to do with a string they removed, I think? Apparently, they used that to date it. I dunno where it is now, or if there is even any of it left. Could be unrelated, but I believe the archeologists when they say this is a bow."

Meanwhile, Blitz just stood and took the ruffling of her hair with a little smile on her pleased little face. It's make her soft mane go all haywire, but a flicker of her horn, and a good head shake, and it went back to looking like a stream of fire going off on her head. It was just good he hadn't ruffled her tail over this. Not because it was filled with traps or anything, but stuff got stuck in there constantly, and he might end up getting his hoof stuck as well. Or maybe reach his hoof into the bag of itching powder she carried in there. His hoof were gonna end up being really itchy fr a while if he went deep into that bag.

"Hehe, floof. You sound like you know lots of things about weapons. What do you think this is? Something to throw, like *whoosh* *BONK*, and then prey stuff?"

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Starforce

" Well one thing I can say is... That's one impressive string to survive the harsh elements... Or a very good way of preserving an insignificant weapon... Who in their right mind would preserve a bow?.... Unless it has magical or ancient mystical voodoo or curse and what not on it." 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

That's when Razor smile turned grim “I don't see any of the members of the gang, however, I have to tell you most of the members are great at blending in crowded places”

Windy raised a brow, “Are you telling us they're good at stealth?"

“Correct” he replied, “and they can be anypony. Simply interacting with a random pony can be a mistake”

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Kujamih

Luna lifts an eyebrow at Light before listening to Blitz

On 2021-07-10 at 8:59 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Noooo, diamonds are pretty clear gems. I sometimes found them when I blasted rocks, but they're not good for fireworks. Rarity likes them though. Lots of shiny with her, so I gave them to her. She's happy to get them. Sometimes, Spike comes to munch on them too. Hehe, silly dragons, eating gems.

Pretty blue ones are uhm... Sapphires? No wait, Rarity said those weren't sapphires! Just some sorta weird glass thing. Still nice and shiny. Blue in a silver collar. *giggle* I think it would look pretty. You sure you don't want a collar? I've seen other ponies with it before. Lots of biiiiiig, spiky manes in many colors too though. Really big. Dunno why they look like that."

She gave her an innocent clueless, pondering pose “I don't have any idea what they are or what these collars are about. There's a new kind of fashion out there?" She wasn't really into fashion. In Richville, beauty is considered, an act to hide 'true self'. It was a tradition that was recently found itself climbing down the most important act in her hometown.

On 2021-07-11 at 12:26 AM, Kujamih said:

"... Well Luna do you like wearing collars? Or do you like making others wear them?" Light smirked.

Luna frowned. She did not like the way he say those words, his smirk not helping “Are you asking I have a fetish with accessories that look uncomfy? No, I don't” she tried her best to hide her disgust. Lucky for her, Blitz lightened up the mood with a more innocent statement. She snorted, a picture of Blitz feeding a pony with a hay formed in her mind.

Going to the topic of weapons raised interest in Luna, “Where was bow found?"

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Starforce

Light noticed the irritation on Luna, but it didn't give him the feeling of guilt but more of a confusion.

"....." 

Light could only give a confused expression to Luna.

"... Sorry. And no that wasn't what I meant at all.... I guess the joke and hiding it's meaning so the kid won't know what I mean fly by you aswell?"

"Anyway maybe we should get off that topic." Light said with a hint of blush on his cheeks.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“If Canterlot’s slums are small, I hate to wonder what others are like. Come to think of it, I’m not even sure Celestia or Luna know about the slums here. Ah, if they even see it, they’ll probably clear everyone out, though I don’t think that’s a real solution.”

“And as for the Thicket, it may have been a festival, but I still have a good feeling about it. Having homes in trees and getting a feel of being close to nature, even without the decorations, is already giving me feelings of familiarity. You should come have a look at our forest some day, Rosa. It may not have much going for it, but the Thicket is already looking a lot better than an isolated village.”

Sen let out a hearty chuckle to lighten the mood, but growing up isolated compared to a more developed place like the Moonlit Thicket would illicit some comparisons favoring the latter. No doubt the comforts of home couldn’t match a carnival, but the longma could imagine a longma village with a similar atmosphere, minus the carnival. Rosa was right, however, that he would need to see the Thicket without the carnival in the background to really see the place as it is. 

When they were closer to the house, Lin would approach Hammond to greet him, though it would seem he was  communicating with Omen. Fortunately, Rosa was able to understand sign language, and based on what she heard, Scarcity weren’t here at the moment. Whatever this test of hers got her attention elsewhere, though it may not be so for long. Of course, she would be distracted by the little creature flying up and landing on her to meet Shrimp, and they were getting along just fine. In a way, even she was comforted by just seeing him. Perhaps it was because she was familiar, in a sense, by being related to Omen. 

“Hey, Hammond! It’s good to see you again. How are you doing?”

Once inside the house, the siblings didn’t see anything that would grab their attention. It was, by all means, an average-looking home. It still got them to quietly compare this to their own hut back in the village. A living room in this house would already be enough to fit their equivalent of two private rooms and common room where families would normally gather for meals. Food was prepared outside the home, and anything that would be dried for future use was kept inside. 

“This place feels… cozy. There’s definitely a lot more room here than what I’m used to having back home. I wouldn’t know what to do with this much space. I guess this is what normal pony homes are like, right?”

@EQ_Theta

Hammond wouldn't respond in words, but rather, once they had gotten in, and he had sufficiently said hello to Shrimp (far as he knew) he'd spread the large ears, connected to below his feet, and fly over on the table. Where he would again, begin to make sign language.

"He says he's okay. And what I assume is him asking if you are too, though I must be interpreting it wrong. Seems almost like he's asking... Nevermind."

It was nonsense what he imagined, and it were likely just him, not reading this right. It would be a good deal easier if he would only respond in words, yet for some reason, he remained as silent as the grave. Considering how often Omen spoke, it were somewhat unnerving, frankly. He were still communicating in some fashion though. If he had simply sat around, and stared without trying something, it would have legit creeped him out. There was just something about unblinking entities, who'd do nothing but follow you with their eyes, that got to him.

"And this seems like a regular, basic comfort kind of home. It leaves space around to have room for pictures or the like. Although... Something seems off..."

That thing in his mind, were a small, framed picture on a bookshelf. Nothing special by all accounts. Even the picture itself were simply of a meadow, but it seemed out of place. It did not match the colors of other things, and seeing how it were generally barebones in here, it appeared out of place, to have a picture of a meadow here.

So Rose would go over, and grab hold of it, and then turn it around. He'd slowly remove the backside, and slide out the picture, then shake his head with a bemused smile on his face.

"Well played, Scarcity. Well played indeed."

He'd go over and show them what he had found. The backside of the picture, having been exposed to reveal a note.

"Paranoid, are we? Silly colt, go and enjoy your gift basket. I assure you the oranges are fresh.

Your friend."

The text were flowing and elegant, and it were rather clear who it were from, and that she were openly messing with him. As well as showing that she knew him more than he might think. Or at least the sort of pony that he were, since she knew he were going to check up on this.

"I suppose, we may as well see what's in the basket. It appears to be various types of fruit. Oranges, apples, melon, raspberries, strawberries- Several things, where it appears they're all fresh. I suppose it can't hurt trying."

He's get the wrapper off of the basket, and would pull out a ripe orange. He were tempted to eat it, but a small whimper reached his ears, and he'd be able to see that Shrimp were looking up at him with big, pleading eyes. Little scamp was clearly just faking it, as he knew that the refraction were not as starving and sad that he tried to appear, now that he wanted food. He was probably not even that hungry, but this were food, and he wanted his share too.

While not saying a word, Hammond looked at what were going on, and would put himself in a similar stance. He thought this was a learning experience of sorts, and something that should be mimicked, though he did a rather terrible job at it.

"Alright, alright. But you two are gonna have to share."

He'd wander over to the drawers, having both of them follow him with their eyes. As he got there, he'd open up, and withdraw a knife, then cut right down the middle of the orange, and would return again to give each of them a half. Hammond took it calmly, whilst Shrimp were reaching out with his small arms, and snapping a little at the air as the edge of the fruit got near him. Funny how he suddenly didn't seem like he had so many woes in life anymore now, weren't it? Silly little thing.

"Now that the demons have been appeased, shall we try something too? No need to let it go to waste."

@Windy Breeze

"*sigh* Well, we just have to assume that they're everywhere then, and take that into consideration. We need to find some way to get there without being seen. Or to try and blend in so well we're not spotted either. Were probably gonna have to hide Legion from view. As well as your outfit, Windy. I heard you Wonderbolts gets really attached to that thing, but it makes you stand out a lot.

Maybe some sort of coating dye too? I'm not used to have to hide. I don't really know what to do here. Do you have sort of idea how they might be fooled, Razor? Or how to hide well? Any of you? I'm pretty out of my element here."

So were she with the baked goods, who'd probably be done soon. And when that happened, their hostess would return, and could perhaps illuminate things. Because as it looked right now, Sorrow were starting to feel a little bit like they were trapped here, with no way out. Except for Razor and Tepe, but that was cheating, since they were ghosts. And no, she were not gonna entertain dying to get out of here. There were limits to what she were willing to do in this situation, and this fell faaaaar on the line of what she weren't. It'd really defeat the whole point of this ordeal, as the gang wanted them dead.

@Starforce

Zeehva would not get farm before she stopped up, and wandered off the beaten path. There, in front of her, stood a large oak tree. Covering parts of it, were a bunch of sturdy, pale vines slithering up on it, with it's small roots anchored in the bark at certain points, as it had grown. In the pale moonlight, they glowed somewhat eerie, as if they were pale and ghostly, but it were but a strange effect. Nothing more than that. Unless you were an insect, as the plant were sticky, and would keep them stuck, until they rotted away and became food for the plant. It was utterly harmless to ponies though. Just mildly sticky, and actually did well with some broth.

She'd use her horn ot gather some from the top, and peel it off the bark, along with some of the bark. She'd then use that, to wrap the vine with, so that it wouldn't get sticky in her bag.

"A bit of sweat, and a pint of water, thricely swirled, and this could be a good ingredient for a glamour potion. It have attractive qualities to it. Not love potion material though. Things like that doesn't exist. Only obsession and lust mixtures, and those are forbidden. Maybe I can tell you a story about it later, when I'm a little more uh... Adjusted, I guess? This is relaxing, but there's a lot to think about. *sigh* I wouldn't even know where to start with my life now..."

She'd turn and stumble, as her hoof went over a mushroom, and her face went into a pile of leaves. Without raising her head yet, or even a hoof, she'd then ask something with a slightly muffled voice.

"If that is striped, rip it out of the ground before it disappears. No sudden movements."

The mushroom indeed were that, and hadn't been there before. A sort of ambush plant, with an uncertain origin. Though what was known, were the the places it grew, it tended to pop up to stumble various creatures that didn't pay attention, and then when they tried to go see what had done it, bury back down. If Magnolia were quick though, she could get it before it went away, and take what actually came out of the ground up. Not the whole thing though. She'd find it appeared it had broken off this part if she looked at the bottom. Likely from the larger root the mushrooms tended to come from.

================================================================================

"From what I were told, there wasn't a complete string. Just some frayed line left at the ends, that were barely any good, but there were enough for their tests I guess. The professor likes saying these sorta things to me, since I'm usually here enough, and he knows me, so when he needs to rattle off excited about something, he sometimes comes right towards me. He gets really into his job.

I think you'd have to ask him yourself where he found it though. I'm sure he'd say it, if you seemed genuinely interested in the topic. All I know is that it were done in some dig to the west of town. Where exactly, I sadly have no idea, and it's not on the sign yet because he's still testing stuff. He's sort of a perfectionist with these things. He might be in here somewhere actually, checking to make sure everything's in order. He's pretty easy to spot. He's green and grey, pretty lanky, and have buckteeth. Short mane and tail too, along with freckles... Honestly the large, round glasses and the ratty blazer isn't helping him blend in either, but that's just how Professor Nitpicker are.

...I'd ask in return why you're talking about collars so much, but I think I don't want to know."

"That's because they're gonna be my pets, and I'll love them, and braid their manes, and feed them only the prettiest pears."

Blitz had answered that, but couldn't keep her composure after that, and just fell back, laying on the floor, laughing at the silliness of it all. These ponies, and Cali, were fun creatures. Lots of strange things and actions that came out of them.

"Heh, little rascal... Anyway, I guess uh... That's all I really know about this bow. I mean, we don't know how it really works, or why it was there, so it's all a strange, fun mystery so far. Just still hoping it's not a draconequui thing, but one haven't popped up and laughed yet, so it's probably not that. They're not usually know for planning a prank and just let others simmer ,over laqughing right in their faces.

But there's other civilisations too. In the next room, there's statues of old creatures too. Maybe you can point some out, and we can see if there's something we can chat about with them?"

She were starting to become a glorified tour guide right now, but Cloudwatcher didn't really mind. It was fun to help like this too, and a good deal less nerve-wracking than the guard could sometimes be.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia follows Zeehva to the rather large oak tree. Magnolia watches silently as Zeehva removes the vine, she has seen that type of vine many times before and even knew what it was capable of however she didn't pay it much thought until now. Magnolia smiles calmly. "It amazes me um, how you dealt with what just happened. You should give yourself some credit, you are strong..." Magnolia gently rests her hoof on Zeehva's shoulder.

As Zeehva explains about the mushroom she focuses, and managed to grab it with her magic before it had disappeared. She grins, Zeehva could see the reflection of the moonlight on her teeth as she hands the mushroom to her. "You are welcome." Magnolia giggled. 

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali smiles at Blitz. "If that would make you happy I'll wear a collar and I'll be your "pet", that's just amusing if I am honest. I don't mind." she chuckles, before listening to Cloudwatcher speak more.

"There is a way to exactly know how old something is. I can't exactly explain it properly, it is called Carbon Dating and deals with the half lives of an isotope interact with a piece of material. Radioactive material has a half life, when it hits that certain period the amount of radioactivity will be halved. And so on forward. To be entirely honest with you, I like you. You are a very interesting pony and I wouldn't mind spending more time with you and if I see him around in here I will be happy to talk to him." Cali grinned widely. 

Cali leads the way into the next room, looking at what is contained in here. Once she is in here she points out a few things she found interesting. She wasn't sure what to make of them, and allowed Cloudwatcher to tell her what they were.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

*sigh* Well, we just have to assume that they're everywhere then, and take that into consideration. We need to find some way to get there without being seen. Or to try and blend in so well we're not spotted either. Were probably gonna have to hide Legion from view. As well as your outfit, Windy. I heard you Wonderbolts gets really attached to that thing, but it makes you stand out a lot.

Windy grabbed hold onto her uniform and let out a dejected sigh, knowing she couldn't do anything to get to the port wearing her precious uniform. Tepe, who was looking at her reminds him of his little sister when the little young siblings was about to bawl into tears.

Ironically, Razor, who was a griffon rolled his eyes before replying to Sorrow “Blending into crowds can help, but that's just a short-term solution. The only way we can get to the port without getting their attention is to not talk with anypony in any circumstances, and dress up as somepony else. That way, they won't even know you were 'that pony'. In simple term, you have to make up a disguise”

Tepe raised an eyebrow “What's a disguise?”

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Starforce

"From what I were told, there wasn't a complete string. Just some frayed line left at the ends, that were barely any good, but there were enough for their tests I guess. The professor likes saying these sorta things to me, since I'm usually here enough, and he knows me, so when he needs to rattle off excited about something, he sometimes comes right towards me. He gets really into his job.

I think you'd have to ask him yourself where he found it though. I'm sure he'd say it, if you seemed genuinely interested in the topic. All I know is that it were done in some dig to the west of town. Where exactly, I sadly have no idea, and it's not on the sign yet because he's still testing stuff. He's sort of a perfectionist with these things. He might be in here somewhere actually, checking to make sure everything's in order. He's pretty easy to spot. He's green and grey, pretty lanky, and have buckteeth. Short mane and tail too, along with freckles... Honestly the large, round glasses and the ratty blazer isn't helping him blend in either, but that's just how Professor Nitpicker are.

...I'd ask in return why you're talking about collars so much, but I think I don't want to know."

“...” Luna wordlessly replied. Professor Nitpicker was...well, a bit of a too professional. She decided to talk to him when he's no longer busy.

But there's other civilisations too. In the next room, there's statues of old creatures too. Maybe you can point some out, and we can see if there's something we can chat about with them?"

Blue and Luna found themselves interested at the notion of seeing ancient creatures from the distant past.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Lin would take the little creatures inside as she talked, and with Hammond moving down to the table to “speak” with her, she’d get a better view of him. Frankly, the longma got the impression that Hammond was a fast learner, being able to utilize sign language well while still understanding vocal communication. Perhaps that could be attributed to living with Mother and picking up on spoken language first before moving to sign language. Whatever the case may be, Lin considered learning a new skill. Her on Scarcity may have changed, but having to work with her may have a benefit: she’d likely get to see Hammond more often.

The longma would watch the little creature gesture, though she was very unsure about what it meant. Rosa’s translation helped, though his uncertain response wasn’t quite reassuring. In any case, she’d take his approximations and answer in kind. 

“I’m doing fine, Hammond. A little tense, but I'm trying to get myself more relaxed. Maybe you ought to teach me some sign language someday? I’m sure we’d have lots to talk about!”

Meanwhile, Sen would pace around the room, still getting used to the open space. Living in smaller homes already got him used to living with only the necessities. If he were hypothetically given a house like this, he’d probably only stay in the kitchen and use the rest of the house for storage. It made sense that he’d choose the place where he’d get immediate access to food, and he could just use a bedroll and sleep on the floor. His room back home only had enough room for a small wooden desk and a mat for sleeping, but he did muse on the possibility of having more room to move about. 

His attention would then turn to Rosa when he showed them Scarcity’s letter concerning the fruit basket. Fresh fruit just left here as a welcoming present? It still seemed suspicious, but Shrimp and Hammond now begging for food and eating the orange without any noticeable side effects got the siblings to lower their guard, if only somewhat. 

“I’ll have an apple, though I suspect our little friends will want some more to eat.” Lin would then go to Shrimp and Hammond and have them at eye level. “Hope you two aren’t getting used to that behavior, especially you, Shrimp. I’ve caught on to your tricks, and you won’t fool me.” She’d playfully speak with them in a sing-song tone of voice, though she was serious about not falling for the refraction’s wily methods. 

“If everyone’s grabbing some food, I’ll settle for the raspberries. I think it’ll do me some good if I stick to something familiar. I am still rather full from breakfast. Guess this means we’re just waiting for Scarcity, right? I wonder what she’s got planned for us after the golems...” 

Sen paused for a moment to look at the coins he were shown earlier. They are clearly important, and he was still excited to see the scholars’ new bodies, but he still couldn’t shake his suspicions for Scarcity. 

@Blitz Boom

"Yeah, it really upset me that I didn't have many friends, and the few I did have I wasn't allowed to spend time with outside of school. Many parents didn't want their kid anywhere near anything changeling, even if I was only half changeling. I wouldn't blame them, my parents didn't want me interacting with Changelings either. And my mother was a changeling. "  Ginger chuckled. 

"It's kinda funny.... My big brother is a full blooded changeling, we have different dads you see. But he had friends who were also changelings, but he also didn't introduce me to them. Said something like "They'd find a halfbreed weird."and "You'd probably embarrass me somehow." and all sorts of other ridiculous nonsense. And yet here I am, among real, full blooded changelings! Nothing strange, no embarrassment, no bullying, nothing! I think I'll write him a letter and tell him how wrong he was... " her voice had changed temporarily without her realizing it. It was probably her brother's voice based on context...

"it's been a while since I saw my brother... could he visit? " she asked 

@EQ_Theta

13 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I’m doing fine, Hammond. A little tense, but I'm trying to get myself more relaxed. Maybe you ought to teach me some sign language someday? I’m sure we’d have lots to talk about!”

Hammond would nod slowly, as an answer to the question. It were funny how he seemed to be getting smart enough to comprehend and learn quite a lo of things, despite being only given form and entry into this world a few days ago. Yet compared to Omen, he had more resources to learn from too. Scarcity were a mare of considerable wealth, which meant that she could ensure him proper teachers at every hour of the day. And since he didn't sleep, that meant that he could have nonstop tutoring, feeding his mind, and rocket his progression level. Compare this to Omen, who had a world she were brought into without stability, and a master who figured experiencing were enough. She had enough of a hard time adjusting to the world being stable, before learning even came in.

That being said, he were still an unexperienced mind, who had to learn some things as they came for now. Reflective surfaces were thus far, one of his main source of interest, and bafflement. As were grasping that not everyone knew how to do sign language, but he'd be able to communicate in other ways eventually likely, when he would learn how to write, rather than try to eat the paper. Or that one time he had instead licked it, and sent it to Mother's realm.

14 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I’ll have an apple, though I suspect our little friends will want some more to eat.” Lin would then go to Shrimp and Hammond and have them at eye level. “Hope you two aren’t getting used to that behavior, especially you, Shrimp. I’ve caught on to your tricks, and you won’t fool me.” She’d playfully speak with them in a sing-song tone of voice, though she was serious about not falling for the refraction’s wily methods. 

“If everyone’s grabbing some food, I’ll settle for the raspberries. I think it’ll do me some good if I stick to something familiar. I am still rather full from breakfast. Guess this means we’re just waiting for Scarcity, right? I wonder what she’s got planned for us after the golems...” 

"It is hard to say, but I can imagine it might be related. She did say she would be required to go and get hold of a lot of various things they would need for the golems. Perhaps we're needed to extract some of those? That, or it may well be completely unrelated. Might even simply be gloating. I used to think I had some idea how that mare worked, but now, I am starting to realize that I never truly knew anything. Only what she wants me to know. An approach I think holds true for everyone."

Rosa would hand out the varied fruits that were desired, as well as leaving the basket open for them to take whatever they wanted to otherwise. Himself, would take another orange, and observe Shrimp as he responded to Lin's chatter. He'd do so by taking the massive half orange - compared to his own size - out of his mouth for the time being, and send her an innocent, cheery smile, whilst letting out a few happy chirps. He'd then reach over and rub his head on Lin's face, if she were close enough. If not, he'd simply return to his orange. Also, if she were that close, she'd get the orange juices all over her face.

Hammond would also follow troop, observing what Shrimp did, and copy it as best he could. He wouldn't have juices all over his face since he nibbled quickly, yet more carefully. She'd also find that he were extremely soft, with Scarcity apparently wanting him to have some rather magnificent fur for petting purposes. Or more than likely, since this wasn't the same as last time, she were starting to treat him with special products whilst ensuring he took baths.

"There are several hours to go, and I frankly do not find it entertaining to simply sit about, and wonder what she may have planned. Surely there's something more constructive we might be able to do? What of your elder? Perhaps you could inform him, that I may be able to help directly, rather than through you after all? I'd go myself, but with the tracker, I can imagine I will need some sort of permission slip for this endeavor first."

========================================================================

@GingerLightning

"Of course he can. In Hive Cheshire, we welcome any and every changeling to come around and enjoy some company. It really confused the hiveless once we had that message spread around, and even written on some posters. At least at first. Some hives are really rude and dismissive of the hiveless. Sad, sad times.

It sounds like you could relate with them, since you've tried to be sorta swooped into a corner. It's tragic that some of our kin are like that, and especially to others of our kind, but what can we do to change them? We're a small hive of pacifists, without any sort of power in the council. We can't make anypony do something they don't want to. But we can still try and sway others over with word and actions, showing there is a better way, and especially let the poor, down-throdden hiveless, know they'll always have somepony to speak with, and help them.

I don't know if you had that issue, since you say you're half changeling, but you know how our kind are general social beings, right? That's why it's such a harsh punishment to be made hiveless. It removes you from that sort, and leaves you to deal with the world all by yourself. Sometimes with other changelings turning their back on you. Tragic, right? But that's just how some of them are.

...Oooh, wait, by the way. I forgot to mention who I am, didn't I? Hehe, silly me. I'm Jelly Rancher, but everypony just calls me Goop.

And what's your brother like, by the way? I mean, him saying you'd probably embarrass him, sounds like just any older brother, but the rest makes him seem kind of mean. Is he, or were he just, y'know, trying to keep his own image up with his peers? Could be he's older and smarter now. Though as said, either way, he's more than welcome. So are your other friends too. Changeling or not, we always love meeting new faces."

Wouldn't be long until some faces would show up, looking for their jelly breakfast. Wasn't just Ginger and her pup that were hungry after all, with the latter currently through half of his bowl.

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Starforce

On 2021-07-22 at 5:07 AM, Cali said:

Cali smiles at Blitz. "If that would make you happy I'll wear a collar and I'll be your "pet", that's just amusing if I am honest. I don't mind." she chuckles, before listening to Cloudwatcher speak more.

"Awh, special friend doesn't need a collar. Nuhuh. Big hat instead. Like, biiiiiiig."

She wasn't sure why, but the mental image of Cali in a large, extravagant hat of some kind, were kinda perfect to her. And also hilarious, which were just extra points in favor, as far as she were concerned. It were like Luna with a collar, or Light with a yellow and black, striped necktie. Some things were just about silly enough to be perfect. At least through her eyes.

Blitz were too innocent of mind to understand what Cali had been talking about, but that sorta comment wasn't mean t for her either. It seemed specifically to be meant to poke at Light in some fashion, whilst sounding completely different for the young inventor.

As the vconversation went along, and seemed to focus more on what might be in the next locale, Cloudwatcher would personally lead them in there, to show them a room dedicated to something a little more eerie perhaps: Skeletons. Set up  properly in montres, there were bones of ponies, of dragons, diamond dogs, various local animals from different points in time, and a few that seemed like mistakes. As if they were mixtures of various creatures.

She'd lead them first towards a small one, with a picture and description next to it, looking sort of like a typical squirrel. However, it had webbed feet and hands on the picture, and large ears, that seemed connected down to a point below the feet.

188347540_FahLina.jpg.3b2e66c34d6eaac9b9e5491177a68367.jpg

According to the words in the description, it appeared to be able to fly, and were given a few names, such as Knight Squirrels, though the common name for them, were Mimics. Or the scientific name: Discordian Pond Squirrels. The reason for that came down to the fact that they were also predators, and had jaws that could extend far beyond what you might be able to think, when you saw the little form. It had three rows of small, needle-sharp teeth turning inwards, and gills for breathing underwater, yet still lungs for the surface world as well. As were written, prey that went into their mouths - generally fish - were swallowed whole, and did not come out again.

The bones showed that better, with odd, folded bones that made up for the jaws, and most of the small teeth in the jaws too.

"I always liked this one. Came about when Discord ruled Equestria,a nd meddled with snimal life. Through generations of breeding, they kept their strange, chaotic traits, and it got ingrained so much, that when he were defeated, and chaos went out of the world, the loss to their oddities were negligeble. They apparently used to be able to go invisible in water too back then, but any magical application were lost, leaving just their odd physique. They were actually thought extinct for several centuries, but some of them have been spotted around a particularly nasty forest, that's been turned into a reservation for their kind. There's some reports of them popping up other places too, but it's infrequent, and mostly about them stealing food."

"Oh! Oh! I've seen one in Ponyville! She was with the pretty doctor zebra."

"R-Really? The professor would like to hear that I think. He's been wanting to see a live one for years.

...R-Right, I almost forgot. Carbon Dating. That's what he's doing on the string, miss Cali. At least he said that's what it's called. It sounded sorta experimental or something. DUnno why they wouldn't just run a magic trace, but perhaps they do both? I think only he might know that."

============================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 2021-07-22 at 1:43 PM, Windy Breeze said:

Windy grabbed hold onto her uniform and let out a dejected sigh, knowing she couldn't do anything to get to the port wearing her precious uniform. Tepe, who was looking at her reminds him of his little sister when the little young siblings was about to bawl into tears.

Ironically, Razor, who was a griffon rolled his eyes before replying to Sorrow “Blending into crowds can help, but that's just a short-term solution. The only way we can get to the port without getting their attention is to not talk with anypony in any circumstances, and dress up as somepony else. That way, they won't even know you were 'that pony'. In simple term, you have to make up a disguise”

Tepe raised an eyebrow “What's a disguise?”

"It's uh... Camouflage, sort of. Just with clothes and dyes, instead of hiding in the wild. I think you'll see it when we're actually doing it, though you don't have to worry. They don't know what you look like in the first place, so you don't need to hide yourself.

And I'll take your word and advice on this entirely, Razor. As I said, it's not really my specialty, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Knowing that I have to keep quiet and not chatter with anyone, is a nice start to things. Though I still hope she comes back soon. Both so that we can talk this over with her, and because I worry that Windy is gonna try and tackle the oven again, out of sadness that she can't wear her outfit.

I know you can wear other stuff over clothes, Windy, but that suit covers a lot. That's a ton of stuff to drape you in to shield that, and that have got to garner some attention, right? I'd certainly look an extra time if I saw somepony wander around with half a clothing store on them. Don't worry, we'll make sure to take good care of it so you don't lose it, okay?"

Sorrow understood Windy's perspective here. That uniform meant a lot to her, and it were something you really had to earn as well. They didn't just give authentic ones out to posers after all. But it were made to do the one thing they couldn't risk when they got outside, and that were standing out. Excellent when you wanted to show off, but horrible when trying to hide from crooks.

Hopefully they'd soon be able to be out of town, and Windy could get her suit back on, just as Sorrow could get Legion back too, who'd have to e hidden as well. And she didn't like not carrying the skull. It felt wrong. Like a part of her were missing.

===========================================================================

@Starforce

"I'm still broken up and torn about all of this. The stone helps to keep the fear down, so I'm not getting into a spiral, but... If I didn't have experience hiding my pain, I'd be incoherent now. Well, that, and because of you. It really helps knowing I have you here, to see me through it. And remind me there's good, kind things and beings in this world.

I won't lie though. I'm not doing as well as I look. But hopefully I'll find some more light in the darkness soon."

The talk would be better, if she hadn't started it by spitting out some leaves that had gotten stuck in her muzzle, as she had fallen into the leaves. But it was all worth it, when she saw the mushroom before her. More than worth it, in fact.

"This one have plenty of good uses, and you got a big piece of it. I'm impressed, Magnolia. Considering what else is around here... If we can find even a thimbleful of Grave Lily, I could make some Fortune Elixirs. It's not fortune like, lots of bits, technically. Although it does sell for a lot normally. It's fortune as in seeing good tides ahead. It's a limited vision-based elixir. Doesn't show you everything, but it will give you an inkling about what to do, to make your future better. At least temporarily. Could be showing you where to go to find some treasure, or just an image of someone you should visit, that will make a difference in your life to take contact with. It's an advanced one, but filling the small vials with samples of that, should do pretty well.

Same if I just find a fraction of Pixie Weed. Then I could make a few different things. Vitality enhancer is a great one, but mixed differently, adding a bit of magic, could make for an invisibility potion. Or an energy booster. We'll have to see if we can find either, but this one's definitely the rarer thing to get hold of.

Grave Lillies only grow on well cared for gravestones, but the Pixie Weed is this odd looking, almost shriveled in bush. It kinda looks like a blackberry bush during autumn, but the fruits are more orange tinted, and tends to be used as part of itching powder. But there's other things too. Let's just walk around, and see what we can find. If you see any strange plant, please say so. Especially if it looks like it have teeth. Just uhm... Don't try and touch it."

• Brohoof 3