Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Simply classifying them as apes seems short sighted, as you'd need to specify more in my opinion. But we must simply agree to disagree then."

"....whatever pony."

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I don't think it's that bad. It uhm... Kinda seems like they don't know what they are, really. Maybe best if they weren't handed out though, just in case. She seems to have a very uh... Odd fascination, with showing off human things, yes?"

"Ooh it's probably nothing... It can be easily handled pshhh." Light said mockingly.

"Everything starts small. In due time it will be too late and you cannot stop it anymore. Why the hay do you think she left her dimension....oh wait. Maybe she doesn't know...or maybe it's still there? Not sure what dimension and time line she originally came from..."

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom @Starforce

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“That one’s a little tricky now that you mentioned it. We’ve got some cabinets that could be mounted over a sink, but a mirror on the inside is more uncommon. That is, more uncommon from the last few customers who bought bathroom cabinets. It shouldn’t be a problem though; this is a workshop, and if that’s what you’re interested, we can make one. For something unique, come with me.”

Kiba moved along the aisles of the workshop, past more cabinets, tables, and wardrobes to the rear. This section of the place looked more like a storage closet, but it housed pieces of furniture that looked like they were specially made for specific clients. Engraved chairs, ornate bed frames, chandeliers that looked like they were figuratively plucked from a deer’s head… 

One piece stuck out from the others, a wall-mounted box that hung on the far end of the room. Aside from looking more ornate than most of the other pieces from the store, this one didn’t appear to stand out. As far as appearances go, this bathroom cabinet is pretty much a box, that is, unless one were to look at its side. Seeing what appeared to be pivots and hinges would give an idea of what may be inside.

“This one’s more experimental, Mister Rosa. It looks like a regular wall-mounted cabinet, but when you open it, the shelves appear to be fixed to only one side. That’s because you could swing it outward and have an exterior shelf. Need some more space inside? Just pull the shelf off! If this one’s a little tame, I’ve got one more item to show you. Most pieces sold here are meant to be more straightforward, if you know what I mean.”

The longma would head off to the side for the moment and pull what appears to be a mirror mounted on a stand or easel. An unassuming sight at first, but he would start pulling on the sides, revealing more drawers  instead of shelves. It’s not quite a cabinet, but it does what more typical examples would do. 

“It may not look like it, but the idea for this piece is to simulate branches. You know? Like a tree? The mirror here looks like it should be a the tree trunk, and the shelves are the branches. I admit, this one’s more of a novelty, so it looks a lot stranger than others of its kind. Unfortunately, this doesn't have any doors that swing outward, so the mirror is fixed on the outside. I could show one more if you’d like? It matches what you had in mind, though it probably won’t be as odd as this clunkier cabinet."

@Blitz Boom

On the Outskirts of Ponyville sits a picturesque meadow as idyllic and welcoming as most of the pony town is with its fine grass and occasional wildflower; the sort where one might find Fluttershy or other nature loving ponies milling about in most days. Such plains were not uncommon in the area, though this one was notably far off enough from town to not be one of the busiest ones, especially about as midday it was presently and decently hot enough where most wouldn't be standing about in the direct sunlight this time of day. Save for one example.
 Stuck out in roughly the center of the small field was a rare sight, a kirin laying silently, head upright & eyes closed facing into the sun with hooves folded under; he was as peaceful poised as he was out of place like an iceberg among sunny green seas. Kirins were a rare breed of horse. Their numbers were sparse, but they did seem to enjoy traveling and popping up in unexpected places. His hair slightly swayed with the slight bends of the grass as motionless and part of the nature surrounding him. Quite peaceable... safe for a few, small details...

Most familiar with field-sitting, nature communing, such as the aforementioned ponies would note a few things off. Like, small chunks of the untamed grass missing here and there as if something large & about kirin-size were rolling or charging around this area for hours earlier or the Teensy little fact that, as most Ponyville citizens knew... it was quiet. See, critters in Equestria will take every opportunity to flock to those sitting pretty  and kindly in nature. Looking like a fairy tale princess with hoards of happy little animals in tow was very easy to do here. You couldn't keep cute critters off you in Equestria if you were of kind, calm nature.

Perhaps, The few scattered trees on the way here with impalement holes the precise shape of this kirin's horn might be a tip-off.

But still, quiet and peaceable as it were now, the kirin stood still and listening to nature. Stoic & totally aware of all the little missing sounds around him.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Are you alright, Enzo?" Karmic asked him, staying on top of his shoulders. She noticed he was down and wondered why. Was it whatever he and that mysterious mare talked about? It seemed like it because he was perfectly fine beforehand.

"It doesn't seem like he is. Maybe he's depressed?" Atzy thought out loud as she leaned over to examine Enzo's features.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Let's go find Last and Drone then and you get you out of that stick. That's if they got the final ingredient we need for the ritual," Twilight told Cherish with a nod and then smiled sheepishly at her. "I'm not used to having a ghost watch over me. It's definitely a first and I would like to learn more about you, Cherish. How you died, how you became a ghost, what's it actually like, that sort of thing," she said as she walked out of her bedroom and went in search of Last and the Manetid.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"You got punched in the face!? Then why are you all wet!?" Aurora asked in a panic. She had no idea what sort of punch Happy was referring to, having only known of the actual hitting the face kind. She trotted over to Happy in concern and tried to find any kind of injury on his face. At least after a bit, she didn't find any bruising, swelling, or even blood. "There's nothing ... why are you wet? What kind of punch makes you wet?"

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM

"I got into sleeping on cave floors and under trees," Dazzle told Stare with a shrug. "It's just more comfortable for me. But ... I will certainly try out the bed now that I know there's nothing weird about the plasteek on it," she chuckled. She did remember what a bed felt like, all soft, cozy, and comfortable but she'd developed the habit of sleeping on rocks and on top of leaves, falling where she stood from exhaustion in the Everfree.

"There's a lot of ... are you and Chop Chop together?" Dazzle asked in surprise, recognising the breathing Chop Chop did when he was working from the gathering the day before. She didn't exactly see if Stare was with anypony, she was just grateful at having somepony else to talk to that wasn't a tree or a leaf.

@Blitz Boom
"As stated, my treasure is protected against anyone who may stumble upon the place, as unlikely as such is, I believe the best defense is to make it so the defenses will never be needed." or in other word, well hidden treasure was always safer than easily found one, regardless of how well defended it may be. "One thing I can reveal is that there's a fail-safe of sorts, if everything else fails, the treasure will become financially worthless, or at least worthless enough to not be worth the effort." 

"What comes to decoration, I don't have much to show, since as you may have noticed, I don't spend lot of time here, but I can give you an idea." she would lead them back to the living floor and in there towards where the bathroom was "While I don't use the house itself for much, there are few things it can be used for, and it would be waste to not take that use out of it." she would lead them to a door. from its positioning in the house, one could conclude it was a room used to dry laundry. She opened the door and stepped in, it wasn't a big room, but you still needed to go in to see what was in there. 

First thing one may notice was the room being warmer than rest of the house, something that made sense considering its original purpose, and as one went in, they would see that its current use wasn't that far from the purpose, though instead of pieces of cloth, there was bones and sheets of scales. Most of them seemed to belong to animals, but there were few things that stuck out, the sheets of scales for example, were particularly thick, hinting at them being taken from Ruby's own kind, and in general it seemed that second most common creature she had taken parts from after miscellaneous animals was dragons. There was also few pieces belonging to ponies, the most notable one being a full skull of an unicorn with spine still attached to it.

When inside, Ruby proceeded to check some of the bones for cracks and such, may as well do that now that she was there. 

Charir followed the others the whole time, staying closest to Leviathan the as he did, when they got into the room, he looked curiously around, he didn't seem shocked or scared of what he was seeing, instead he seemed almost...impressed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't need to be familiar with the life of ponies to say that litter is a result of disregard and laziness." Scarecrow stated "And as this seems like a place with big crowds, even if only a fraction shows this disregard, the mess is notable." he had seen enough individuals in the forest to form the view that most ponies were not the type to cause a mess. Noticing Lyriel wrinkling her snout, he looked towards the sticky substance "My guess is that it doesn't smell pleasant, if you wish to continue on, feel free." he was also willing to help to clean up if Lyriel figured it was something they could do, he didn't personally feel anything from seeing all the litter, unsurprisingly, but he acknowledged why it was unpleasant to Lyriel,  

-----------------------------------------------
"As I stated during our previous meeting, I'll be watching over these two until they adapt to this world enough for there to be no risk of someone getting hurt, it is better they target their reaction-attacks towards me rather than unprepared local." Solar calmly explained  "And I have no need to follow you, it isn't like there's that many pieces of cybernetics with out of date anti-tracking systems in this world, Trox sticks out." Sheska looked at Solar, it was clear the kobolds hated this pony, but they kept themselves under control, they knew they weren't going to win if there was fight "Watch over us, or keep an eye on us?" "Both, depends on the situation." 

"Regarding the matter of the possible duplicates, The Queens point is logical and what I too assumed at first, but it isn't the whole truth." "It is likely that there exists, have existed, or will exist a version of you, my research has shown that besides those whose lineage dies at some point unexpectedly, there will be a version of everyone in both worlds eventually." "What isn't certain is when it happens, or how similar these versions are other than physically." "To use myself as example, my parents exist in this world, they are younger than I am, and are yet to meet each other, but their occupations are such that it is possible, if not likely, that they will meet eventually." "I have met historical figures from our world here as versions lot younger than I, and likewise I have learned of creatures who were just born in our world before I ended up here,  that have died of old age here." 

(edited)

@Loud Opinion

The shark pony simply looked on with confusion as she gazed at Limbo, going through her motions. The one running off she hadn't thought much of, as this wasn't the first one that had taken off from her. It didn't really insult her or anything either. It were just how things were, and she just focused on all the other beings she could communicate with instead. This was a whole new world of curiosities and strange creatures after all. She barely knew the reason for them doing many things. Sure where she came from, many things swam away when they saw her, but that were food. Ponies were not food.

As she saw the gasp, the shark pony felt more familiarity, as that had also come from many she had tried talking to. As well as a strange look in their eyes, before they ran. The first few times she had thought they wanted to play, and had chased them, but then they started letting out loud noises, like prey. That made her stop, as she didn't want to make the friends, feel like food. She still chased sometimes though, but she tried to be more cautious. She saw the ponies do it very now and again, so that had to mean it was okay sometimes, right?

On 2021-08-26 at 8:55 PM, Limbo Dreams said:

"Oh, how rude of me," She susurrated brightly, without a trace of fear, "My name is Limbo Dreams. It's nice to meet you."

"Liiiim-bo. Limbo. Friend Limbo."

She sounded out the name. The odd creature that had brought her into this odd, above-water world, had put many words in her head, and some context as to what they meant, but most she hadn't said out yet, and needed to try and get it done right when she then finally did. One of the reasons why she did her best to listen in to others. It helped her learn how they were supposed to be said.

"Limbo friend go away. Need help finding him? I hunt good. Not for food. Ponies are friends, not food. Frog is food. Tasty."

She were doing her best to try and be friendly and help. Like the odd creature had said: Ponies were friends, and what she understood of the word, and what others said, you were supposed to help friends. The strange one with wings and horn said that too. She heard it, when she talked to the odd pink one. Fast friend that one. Very fast, very loud. Smelled like odd building, with all the warm things.

She hadn't introduced herself to Limbo since frankly, she couldn't. As a shark, she hadn't a name in the traditional sense, and she didn't know how one got them as a pony. Maybe from the one in the big castle, full of shiny? Had to be an important one if they lived in a large, coral reef like that.

==========================================================================

@Starforce

She said that nothing would fear her, but would that end up being true, as the presence finally started to make itself known?

A little further up the path, near a marker reading *Face your fears*, a pony would wander out from the side of the cliff. His coat white, mane blue, and armor polished upon his muscular frame, Shining Armor were a pony that were hard to not remember. Especially for Magnolia more than likely, as he would present himself at the age that she had last seen him, and stare at her with cold, unfeeling eyes.

"Why would I ever speak with somepony like you? Just another villain, that should be banished, nothing else. Disgusting."

The fear dampening presence should stop her from feeling like she needed to run from this, as she were now facing one of several lessons that Fright imparted upon her students. The first being that you needed to face your fear. Yet, it wasn't a matter of defeating it, as any sort of forward motion - be it an attack, or simply walking forth - would cause Shining Armor to dissipate into fog, and the presence that had been lurking about seemed to subside, for the time being.

It were perhaps something she'd find a little cruel, but this trek were meant for those who were heavily tied down by their fears. And to eventually surpass it, they needed to face it, accept it, and eventually, conquer it. The last of those being something that this trek alone couldn't do of course, but there were a variation of it, that would test those wandering forth. As there were several others.

===========================================================================

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

As Cali spoke of the bombs, and obviously failed treaties of the human world, there were full attention from all the gathered ones. Nopony really believed that she were truthful about this, as this were obviously just a performance of sorts, in their eyes. Yet at the same time, it were enticing, and it were hard to not be dragged along, and play their part without really thinking about it.

There were thoughts on the bombs for sure. Mostly negative ones, as what they knew about them, made it rather clear that it shouldn't be a thing that anyone had, ever. Far too dangerous, and destructive in a way that even the draconequii hadn't replicated. Monstrous as some of them were, they still didn't tend to wish to destroy a large area for a million years.

On 2021-08-26 at 8:29 PM, Cali said:

To the foal who spoke of the periodic table she would smile. "Ah yes, you know of the Periodic Table. Let me show you the one from my world." she stated and pulled out a periodic table from somewhere and show it to them. Although this periodic table had 136 elements. Not all of them were natural, and certainly not all of them were found in Equestria. Given how advanced humans were with their technology, its likely a lot of them were synthesized in labs using advanced technologies.

"Cash is definitely equivalent to bits. I do like the smell of books too, although in my world due to increasing environmental regulations we had cut back on paper. Almost everything is entirely digital so we don't have to use up resources for physical media." Cali concluded, giving Blitz a small pat. 

"Ooooh, that's bigger than the one in school. I don't see Aetherium though. Maybe we don't have the same atoms here?"

Aetherium were essentially a magic atom, and a part in how magic existed and roamed through this world. There were more parts to it, and they hadn't been able to find out about all of them, but this were the most basic of them, that seemed to be common in most magical things. Not all though, which had confused the equine scientists that were trying to look into this particular field of science.

"Important to keep lots of trees. I met a fun pony made of lots of nature that said that too. She regrew trees, and spoke with the wood puppies. I liked her. She smelled like tulips and rainy moss."

It definitely helped that this world had magic, to deal with potential deforestation efforts. Dryads especially, were good at re-growing trees, and other fauna, but there were also druid sects, general environmental unicorn groups, and so on. Plus, a good focus on planting new trees around, and there being less ponies than humans, meant that it wasn't as much of an issue here, as it were there.

"Sounds cool to have everything digital too. Gotta take up lots less space on the shelves! Hehe. How does your cash look like? Are they coins too? *gasp* Do they have faces on them, like minotaur coins? See one of those. They're so pretty and shiny!"

Blitz would stir a little on her *seat*, but remained there for now, contend as a cat getting all the attention she could ever ask for.

On 2021-08-27 at 2:44 AM, Kujamih said:

"Ooh it's probably nothing... It can be easily handled pshhh." Light said mockingly.

"Everything starts small. In due time it will be too late and you cannot stop it anymore. Why the hay do you think she left her dimension....oh wait. Maybe she doesn't know...or maybe it's still there? Not sure what dimension and time line she originally came from..."

"While I can appreciate a good performance, I find myself in serious disbelief that this is an actual human. They have long since been extinct here, and the link between worlds the princesses uses... Hmmm, no, no, it wouldn't function. The tales speak of it changing you into the dominant species. Here, that would be us, equines. Yes, this is merely an enthusiastic performer. Of the changeling variety, naturally.

It's still a good showing. Very enticing for the guests."

He were loathe to accept much of this sort of made up, alternate human history, in a place of actual history, but it didn't hurt to have something to draw in more guests. They were not doing badly per se, but the more that came in, the more would learn about the rich history of Equestria's past. That were never a bad thing.

Cloudwatcher wasn't going to stop the professor from thinking this. It were less complicated that way, and would instead just respond to Light, as Nitpick observed further how things went.

"I don't know the reason, but I will try and make sure that if anypony takes some of these things, they'll be confiscated. And maybe have a talk with her about it, if she is willing. It wouldn't be good if we had things like what she said, in our world."

===============================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-08-27 at 5:58 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“This one’s more experimental, Mister Rosa. It looks like a regular wall-mounted cabinet, but when you open it, the shelves appear to be fixed to only one side. That’s because you could swing it outward and have an exterior shelf. Need some more space inside? Just pull the shelf off! If this one’s a little tame, I’ve got one more item to show you. Most pieces sold here are meant to be more straightforward, if you know what I mean.”

"Impressive work, and very mallable, depending on the need for whatever various items you may have that needs to be stashed. Certainly something with potential, and good longevity, as age and potential damages, does require you to sometimes have to be more flexible with the things you'd need in the bathroom. I'm certainly not disinterested, though the one beyond this, I'd very much like to witness as well."

It were still simple in a way, this cabinet. But just because it were simple, didn't mean that it were bad. Just that the functions were focused, and the flexibility of this particular cabinet were certainly something he didn't mind. Medicine, various shampoos, conditioners, perfume, tooth brushes, and so on, had varying sizes. This allowed one to still keep them in one place, with a little tinkering about, and that were certainly a plus in his book. No guarantee it would be a function he'd use often, if he acquired this, but he liked the option to be there regardless.

That being said, he were intrigued at what this next piece might be. What may lie further back in this store, beyond custom work and orders awaiting a pick up? He felt a little giddy with anticipation, as they approached, if he were to be honest.

On 2021-08-27 at 5:58 PM, EQ_Theta said:

The longma would head off to the side for the moment and pull what appears to be a mirror mounted on a stand or easel. An unassuming sight at first, but he would start pulling on the sides, revealing more drawers  instead of shelves. It’s not quite a cabinet, but it does what more typical examples would do. 

“It may not look like it, but the idea for this piece is to simulate branches. You know? Like a tree? The mirror here looks like it should be a the tree trunk, and the shelves are the branches. I admit, this one’s more of a novelty, so it looks a lot stranger than others of its kind. Unfortunately, this doesn't have any doors that swing outward, so the mirror is fixed on the outside. I could show one more if you’d like? It matches what you had in mind, though it probably won’t be as odd as this clunkier cabinet."

"Clunky? Nonsense. This is a rather intriguing piece of furniture. Most cabinets in the bathroom tends to be straight forward in their presentation, but this have a very distinct feel, and clear marks of it being a custom work, that makes it stand out. A novelty perhaps, though that does not mean that it is a bad one of it's kind."

Now granted, it could be more of a novelty, if the glass were formed differently. Cutting that correctly, one could have a good tree motif going even further, but it were a thin line between functionality, and simply showing off, that were hard to get to, and it sounded as if this were more of a new attempt. They'd likely reach the golden middle road eventually on this, and at that point, it'd definitely stand out. That being said, this were not bad either, and it certainly gave him things to think about.

"Please do show the other one you had in mind too though. It never hurts to have various options, when one considers furniture, and what I have seen so far are definitely not dissuading me from seeing more."

Looking at the one they just witnessed, Hammond had crawled/flown closer to it, depending on how close he had to get to see his own reflection again. He wouldn't do much beyond that, just stand there and watch himself, as he slowly moved various limbs. Mirrors were still something he were getting used to, though it seemed he wasn't thinking it was a different one of his own kind that looked back at least. So he were progressing.

==============================================================================

@Widdershins

"Sigh* Yet another day..."

The kirin would be able to hear the voice of a young, male colt approach the otherwise silent little sanctuary, a few seconds before he would come into sight, from the direction of Ponyville.

526696069_Screenshot_20201230-021849_AvatarMakerFantasyPony01.thumb.jpg.467251ea7127cfcd786f056d7fff6b64.jpg

Cover Up was an odd sight around a farming town like Ponyville. Not so much because of the large ink quill, laying on the right side of his torso, strapped in with some leather straps as he moved around, balanced by the saddleback strapped over, and laying on his other side. Nor because of the large paint brush, that laid on his back, the length of a spear. Not even the generally feminine clothing he wore really made him stand out as much as the most glaring thing, one would notice when laying their eyes upon him.

He were tattooed. And rather heavily. in fact. A motif of bones with ribs on his back. The face blothed up with marks more resembling a cow than a pony. And the leg... Now, that were the most intricate, with it being drawn on from near his hoof, and all the way up to his shoulder, in a rather impressive display of both artistic skill, and finesse.  Even the tip of his long mane, and long, bushy tail seemed to have color added to it, rather than it being natural.

In a town like Ponyville, this wasn't usual to see. And even in the large cities, it wasn't as if tattooing was incredibly popular. It wasn't easy to do well on a pony, so few really specialized in it, and it were more of a niche thing for them. Minotaurs enjoyed it a fair bit more, and Cover Up had indeed gotten some clients from that race, when he ran into them. As well as from dragons, who found the drawings amusing, and wanted to save the scales, when those drawn on would inevitably fall off. Neither of which race were normally a ton of, in or near Ponyville, but after the Courier's Guild had been through, and helped with the rebuilding a week or so ago, he had a fair bit of work to do. Enough to not have to worry about bits for a time, though he still did odd jobs here and there. Not something you'd expect from a 16 year old to focus too much on, but considering he was alone, with no family, nor friends, he had to look out for himself.

It wasn't easy either. He had grown up as part of a group of settlers from Harrowmark. A land seething with dark magic, and ruled by a tyrant. One the village had assumed they had escaped, until their town were utterly demolished, with only Cover Up seemingly found. All he knew were that he had gone inside, and then suddenly, a loud sound had come, and the house fell down on him, leaving him with lifelong scars. Scars he did his to hide, beneath the tattoos, despite it making him stand out. He got more nervou8s from others noting his scars, than these though.

He had come to Ponyville the day after the large scale monster attack, about a week ago, as he had heard rumors of ponies fitting the description of his parents and sister coming through town. Yet in his time here, he had heard nothing more, and had to come to terms with it perhaps just being a false rumor, or cruel joke played on him, yet he wasn't ready to leave town yet. He had no motivation to do so, as he just went through the days.

Things had looked up briefly a few days ago, when he had seemingly gotten a connection with a strange, peculiar looking filly around his own age, but he hadn't heard from her in a while now, and hadn't been able to run into her either, so he assumed she had either left town, or were avoiding him. Which just made the last few days sadder, and so, he came to this little clearing, to just try and cheer himself up. At least the critters that were usually here, didn't seem to judge him, or care about how awkward he sometimes came off. Long as he didn't try something, they usually wouldn't mind hanging around him, and it tended to cheer him up.

Today were oddly silent though. At first he thought perhaps some sort of predator had come around, but then, he saw a creature in here. It looked almost like a pony, but... Scaly in places, and with an odd tail. Was this a dragon-pony hybrid? It seemed ludicrous, but he couldn't think of what else it might be.

Whatever he were, he looked peaceful. Just looking upwards, basking in the sun... It was nice sometimes, right? Cover Up thought so at least, and it looked like this one agreed with that.

He considered going over to chat with this one, but it seemed sort of rude to interrupt, and if he understood the talks of friendship he heard around tow right, you should try your best not to be rude to another, and have respect. SO instead he'd just as quietly as he could, unload the items he carried, and sit down on the outskirts of the little clearing, and rested his head in the grass. He didn't notice the holes in the trees, though the patches of grass missing seemed odd. Maybe something had dug around in it? It were hard to say for him, as he didn't know much of the local fauna.

=========================================================================

@Sekel

If they looked down on Enzo, as they flew along, it were simple enough to tell that he were indeed feeling rather depressed. His ears and tail hung low, his eyes were only halfway open, and he flapped along with barely any energy to it.

Having spend the majority of his life, alone in that temple he had been shackled in, with barely a living soul getting near with any sort of regularity, Enzo had a lot of time during the last few centuries, just laying about, and think of his existence. And the more he did, the more he got depressed about it, as it seemed increasingly clear to him, that he'd never have a future, and that the dragons were never going to come back for him. The big periods of hunger, due to him barely being able to get any sort of food, beyond insects and the occasional vermin, wasn't helping either.

Sure there were a few times when he did have adventurers coming in, looking for treasure, and he had to run that annoying *challenge* against them, but there were often decades between those times, and things just meandered slowly along for him, in the quiet darkness.

Now he were free of the shackles that held him there, and had others to speak with, but he were often still being hit with a wave of that malady, that had hung over him for all those years. In this case, triggered by the two equines fighting once again.

"I am struck with the pointlessness of it all. The meaning of continuing to push, when so little seems to be worthwhile in thi life. Just fear, and pintless arguments... *sigh* I once though there were more to life, but I can't remember what anymore. What hope did I eye, which caused me to fly? I don't see it, little ones. Simply the cycle of misery, which engulfs us all."

He'd continue to fly along, and it had helped clear his head before, but they may want to elect saying something to him, rather than wait for it passing. Or they could let him remain rather emo for the time being, and just wait it out. Regardless of what they did, they'd still be flown around by him, as he wanted some peace for a time, from the city and its noise.

======================================================

@Sekel

Cherish would float along with the princess as she grabbed the stick, and moved them forward towards inner parts of the castle, where the other two likely were right now.

"I can't tell you how I died, because I can't remember it anymore. I don't even remember what it were like to being alive anymore. It's... Frustrating sometimes, to know that something probably made me stay here, but I don't know what it were now.

And it's hard to say what it's like being a ghost, when I can't compare it to being alive. I guess... Cold? Sometimes it's weird being incorporeal I suppose, or go invisible. Having episodes is the worst thing though, I know that. Feeling like emotions just starts to overwhelm me, dragging me into a storm, it's... S-Scary. I keep fearing I'll lose myself in it, and become a poltergeist."

It sadly wasn't much she could say. How did she die? No idea. What kept her here? Also, nothing, though she knew it was something with unfinished business. It usually were with spirits, and maybe someday, she'd remember what it were again. Though for now, it were all lost in the fogs of time. All but small fragments, that didn't fit together for her.

They'd eventually find Last and Drone, a few rooms in, and they were fighting. Both brandishing weapons - a spear for the manetid, and a regular sword for Last - as they clashed time and time again, parrying and dodging, striking and slashing. Both seemed like they were trying to kill the other, but none of them managed to get the hit in on the other, that'd do the job. Though various cuts did show that they had hit one another.

As the princess got into view of them though, they'd be meeting blade to blade, and then turn their heads, finally noting her. Provided the princess hadn't taken action to split them up then they'd both disengage, and jump back about a meter from one another, before laying down their weapons on the floor.

"Krrtxxht. The princess awakens."

"Your majesty. Are you well rested?"

The two of them did not seem fazed by their battle at all, nor their superficial wounds.

=================================================================

@Sekel

"Hah! Oh ain't that golden. You think I mean I got smacked right in the kisser, eh? I meant punch as in the drink. It's a kinda fruit juice, and this one was non-alcoholic. Gonna make my coat all sticky, but it ain't dangerous. Could use a pint of whiskey though."

"Any particular reason for that? You'd prefer to smell like a drunk?"

"Nah, but I'd taste better. Though if you wanna try a taste like this, g-"

Lulu's horn sent a blast of energy off, sending Happy flying a meter and a half backwards as he got smacked with the attack. Flaxxy would just look over it, and start howling with laughter, while Lulu's horn lost the glow again. As for Happy? He rose up a hoof from the rubble pile he had gone into, and loudly proclaimed "Totally worth it." before starting to laugh. He knew well that comment were gonna get him a no in some fashion, but that had just been too golden to let up. He'd take the bruises for sure.

"Aaah, ain't nothing but a spot of fun. Aight then, what you folks say we try moving upwards, and see if the big baddie's home? I bet the punch is gonna be better from the other side of the bowl."

He'd get up, and dust himself off as the others settled down, and he'd point towards the path he assumed would go upwards. Which it would, leading all the way to a room with three doors. Two that seemed to go to separate rooms, marked with a moon, ad a sun. The last one being newer, and seemingly having some sort of glowing light behind it. The mark on this? A pumpkin.

============================================================

@Sekel

"Well it isn't good for your back to lay on rocks and the like all the time. We'll go over your room later then, and kinda get you familiar with everything, okay?"

She supposed this made sense really, though it were kinda awkward when she realized she hadn't even thought about it like that. Not as awkward as it were when the question came up about her and Chop Chop though. Stare's face went red as a tomato as that came up, and she gazed away from Dazzle.

"I-I, w-we uhm... Y-Yes. Please d-don't tell Scarcity. I don't w-want her to start dig into things. She gets very protective."

"She knows."

Chop Chop heard the two of them, even if they weren't completely in his area yet. Came from his past as a guard, where he needed to keep his senses on high alert.

"What? How would she?"

Chop Chop looked right at her, but didn't say anything, as the ice blue eyes, sat in the scarred face met Stare's gaze. He didn't have to, as she'd soon just let out a sigh and hold her hoof up to her head.

"Right. She always knows. Sorry Dazzle, it's just... It kind of just happened. A lot thinks he looks scary, but he's a very nice stallion if you get to know him. And he is one of the few that doesn't get creeped out because I don't make a lot of sound. So we just started to talk more, and things just happened. I just hope Scarcity isn't going to make a big deal out of it. Or disapprove.

*sigh* I guess we'll see. Let's get some breakfast. What sort of thing do you eat, Dazzle? Meat? Vegetables? A little of everything?"

As there wasn't much point in hiding it now, Stare would wander over, and still with a healthy blush on her cheeks, would give Chop a kiss. One he returned, before nuzzling his head on the side of hers. For a moment as he did so, and closed his eyes, he'd look rather peaceful too. Like nothing really mattered, and he could just get lost in this moment, without a worry to his name. It'd go away some when they were no longer in contact though, even if he still looked somewhat more uplifted.

==============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Interesting. A final mockery on whomever managed to get through. Not a defense I've heard of before, and I've encountered plenty."

Leviathan were fairly impressed by this actually. It were likely some sort of magical effect, that'd do the opposite of a Midas effect. Turn gold to lead, or pure stone. Crystals to glass, and so forth. An interesting way to ensure that if she couldn't have it, no one else could either. This were going to be something to remember, as one of the more interesting final defenses to set up around your treasure. Such a delicious mockery it would be, towards a foolish thief.

Something she were less impressed with though, were Ruby's kill room. She wasn't against killing per se, but the trophies taken from dragons made her wrinkle her nose, and avert her eyes as best she could from those parts of Ruby's *collection*. She had made her stance clear on killing dragons before, so Ruby should expect this, and likely did, in a way. Might be using this to test how Leviathan would react. Yet for now, she were simply trying to ignore it, and not mention those things.

One other thing she were not thrilled to see, where the remnants of a unicorn. There were a general rule, that dragons and ponies did not kill each other, in Equestria. It could cause war to emerge again if it happened, and neither side really wanted that. So seeing this were... irking her some. She could not see the benefit in a conflict like that bursting forth.

Instead of poking at those things though, she'd instead go towards the regular animal parts, and gently run a claw down the hide of the biggest one she could see in here. The inner side of it, to be exact. As one who knew how to skin herself, she were somewhat curious how Ruby did it, and to what level of efficiency.

"Not a bad skinning. What do you do with the hides though? Simply hang them as decorations in your room? Or add them to your treasure?"

===========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"It is not pleasant, no. I could hardly guess what it were, as I see no reason for them to meddle with sweetened, rotten fruit. Whatever it is, must blend many things together, into a vile concoction. I'm loathe to think about touching it, if I may be honest."

The ones working the street couldn't blame her, and one of them would look right at her, and give a knowing look, and nod. They wouldn't interfere with the two of them though, lest they were directly talked too. No need to mess with their day, just because they had to work.

"Sir? May I ask what this is?"

"Wine, stale ale, and some litter, ma'am."

The one speaking - a bored looking, middle aged stallion with a green coat and grey hair - would wander over to that now, and use a bag, a fair chunk of paper towels, as well as a long stick, to gather up the sticky mess. They'd get it sorted better later on, when they could properly dissolve it. But for now, it were mostly about getting it up and away, so none of them would step in it.

"I appreciate the answer. Allow me to help you, if I may."

Lyriel would close her eyes, and bury her hooves in the dirt. She'd get quite the odd looks from the ones here as she did so, and then some jumps as they'd suddenly find that roots came up from the dirt in the area, and bashed the empty containers towards a middle point. Not everything here, but a fair bit of stuff in a reasonable radius, were gathered up, where it'd be easier for them to then finish it up.

"There, that will help some. I abhor litter. It festers, and pollutes the delicate eco system. Scarecrow, could you please lead us onwards?"

(next area you decide on)

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"So what, you believe in fate, when it comes to these things? Fate is a construct, the weak fall back upon, to excuse not trying hard enough. There is no such thing as guaranteed events. All is decided by actions.

Two beings, meant to be together? What then, if someone were to go and snap the neck of one of them? Would fate prevent them from doing so? No, because it isn't real. Any who claims to see the future, are charlatans, without much merit to them. At best, there may be some potential overlay, but the notion that all in one world is meant to be in another, is rather ludicrous.

I find your stalking to be more believable, as it explains how you seem to always be wandering near us. I wonder how it would affect your behavior, if you encountered a proper, displeased reaction, you couldn't ignore?"

She weren't directly threatening him. Just observing that he might be less irritating, if he were harmed in some fashion. By her, by someone else- Who knew? It were just speculation after all.

"Theoretical things aside, what will it take for you to simply leave them be? For as I see it, their hostile actions - which you seem so *frightened* of - are not manifesting unless you are present. It seems to me that you are the reason for their potential issues. Yet still claim they may be the ones who have issues. Or will you claim you are trying to protect them too? I can do so far more effectively than your brutish actions would be capable of."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Rising helped gravity along by assisting with the removal of the last pieces of sea weed from his body.  "The results are undeniable," the detective admitted, examining his overly shiny and pristine coat.  "Mildly overkill," the stallion added, knowing how much he was going to stand out until his coat dulled again.  Nice to know he was being talked about while outside the room and unable to defend himself.  With his mother and sister being the ones around though likely just resulted in the equivalent of showing old foal pictures in the photo album.  "Speaking with your Goddess has helped ease my mind on the prospect.  I feel fine, if a little bit lead on a leash.  To be expected of course and short term.  I'm grateful I could end a threat to Equestria and freeing Harrowmark is heartwarming.  I hope with the Goddess' return I won't be as affected by the dark magic as my first visit," granted we he was much more prepared for it this time around.  Much better than the event of being mummified in sea weed wrap, the roiling hot herbal waters were relaxing.

Dawn had questions of her own that needed answered.  "How do you know where all my hidden treasures are?" the older twin demanded.  Rising blinked, that came out of nowhere.  Although this does explain why she said this was all his fault for his treatment.  The detective sighed, "You keep your diary in your second dresser drawer because the top would be too obvious and you're too lazy to bend down to the third and fourth to retrieve such a common item.  The seventh step up the west wing stairs has uneven wear on the bottom as if step is lifted as well as stepped on.  And you know hiding things magically doesn't work well.  One vault in Las Pegasus, two vaults in Canterlot and a false vault in Manehattan... I am a detective after all," the younger twin chuckled.  "You've read my diary!?" the mare shrieked.  "Knowing where it is and reading it are not the same thing.  I have not," Rising affirmed.  It was hard to call him a liar since she could feel through their twin sense that he wasn't.  A few deep breaths calmed her down.

@Blitz Boom

Seemed like the attention brought toward this assortment of cabinets was getting more positive based on Rosa’s feedback. Aside from the items’ novelty, their functions should still remain intact, and the last item Kiba wanted to show was pretty much that. Simple but functional, though there was room for a bit of experimentation on the side. He glanced once more to the larger cabinet setup to find Hammond looking at his reflection and moving about in front of the mirror. The longma would smile at the display before moving on, ultimately deeming it a cute and harmless bit of curiosity. 

“What about your friend over there? Omen, was it? Are you interested in anything here or are you just browsing?” 

It only seemed right to also engage in conversation with the new visitors, though its a shame he didn’t get a chance to talk with Sen and Lin earlier. He only heard stories about the forest from his father, but it’s still intriguing to learn about the same place from others. Perhaps he’d get a chance later once they meet for dinner. Now on to the last cabinet, Kiba would move over to pull a white sheet of a seemingly average-looking box from a nearby table. Underneath it was a wooden cabinet about 25 cubic inches, and there wasn’t even a visible mirror. A little bit of a letdown for something that could be a potential option, though what appears to be lips and hinges on the front of the box could suggest otherwise.

“Here we go, Mister Rosa! The last option I got here is about as simple as it gets, but I think it could be what you’re looking for. Standard box-shaped cabinet with equal dimensions, and the interior has some ample space with removable and adjustable shelves. It also has a mirror for an internal panel on the door.”

“If you get bored of having a mirror on the inside, you could just as easily slide it off the interior panel and move it outside. Don’t worry though, the wood carving designs you see in the other pieces of furniture are still here on the sides and on the panels that hold the mirror in place. You can see what looks like deer horns, or well... halla horns, named after a creature from tales the longma tell around a fire. One tale anyway, as father told me once. What do you think? Did you find something you like?”

Edited by EQ_Theta
Minor edit to fix one sentence

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia was quite surprised upon the mirage of Shining Armor appearing within the forest. She chuckled darkly and looked the mirage right in the eye. "Nice illusion, you will have to try far more than that to stop me. While that is a bit...convincing, I've found that I am more conniving than being convinced." Magnolia's form faded away into that of shadow. After a few seconds the form shifts into that of a large canine figure. Much like that of a Timberwolf but made of shadows and flowing with viscous black ooze.

"When you live among beasts, you become them. And with that, I bear with pride." she snarled, her voice seeming much more distorted throughout the viscous ooze of her newly aquired form. With a loud roar, she tore through the illusion. She knew it wasn't the real Shining Armor, or a real pony. So she figured. With that, she proceeded onward confidently.

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Cali giggles a bit at the question about cash. She was a thief after all and wouldn't reveal that to them however she would bring out from the portal a good sum of United States and German Reichsmarks and hand it to the ponies. "We use both physical cash, and digital currency. We can convert it into digital value using machines, thats a bit complicated and I don't really know how to explain that, and vice versa." she pats Blitz again as she notices Light and the professor. "I'll go talk to them for a bit, they seem to have been taking an interest in me." she states and gets up, holding Blitz in her arms gently.

Cali walks up to the professor and the others. "I hear you talking about me. Whats up?" she'd ask, looking to the professor. Her previous almost entertaining demeanor faded away entirely as she wanted to know what they were talking about. 

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-08-29 at 8:08 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Speaking with your Goddess has helped ease my mind on the prospect.  I feel fine, if a little bit lead on a leash.  To be expected of course and short term.  I'm grateful I could end a threat to Equestria and freeing Harrowmark is heartwarming.  I hope with the Goddess' return I won't be as affected by the dark magic as my first visit,"

"If she found you interesting enough to reach this far for you, I'm sure she'll keep you out of darkness's grip. Or perhaps, she may want to welcome you to her eternal embrace. Gods are not like us. They do things by their whims, and it is not always for us to understand. Still, I'd think the high priestess would want you to remain safe, as thanks for what you have done. Same with Queen Magenta. Just follow safety, and don't wander off on your own. Especially outside of the town. You don't want to hit one of the truly infested areas.

Or do you worry about the magic itself? Because that, will not have changed. The high priestess might be getting stronger, and so is by extend, Viz'nay, but there is 600 years of imbalance to work with here, and herald or not, Viz'nay will still struggle with Suusha's cage. It will take a long, long time for them to be in harmony again, and for the dark one to regain his senses. Until then, I doubt she will weaken the cage."

A piece of seaweed floated over and clung lazily to Lily's left front leg. She barely cared enough to remove it, but it meddled with the feeling of this nice, warm bath, so she'd slowly take it off, and just throw it unto the edge of the pool.

On 2021-08-29 at 8:08 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"How do you know where all my hidden treasures are?" the older twin demanded.  Rising blinked, that came out of nowhere.  Although this does explain why she said this was all his fault for his treatment.  The detective sighed, "You keep your diary in your second dresser drawer because the top would be too obvious and you're too lazy to bend down to the third and fourth to retrieve such a common item.  The seventh step up the west wing stairs has uneven wear on the bottom as if step is lifted as well as stepped on.  And you know hiding things magically doesn't work well.  One vault in Las Pegasus, two vaults in Canterlot and a false vault in Manehattan... I am a detective after all," the younger twin chuckled.  "You've read my diary!?" the mare shrieked.  "Knowing where it is and reading it are not the same thing.  I have not,"

"Well well. Seems like someone have been taking a close, detailed interest in keeping track of a certain someone. How interesting."

This were annoying, but it could just add a bigger reason for the offer to give a connecting portal, and a closed off room in Harrowmark, to Dawn's disposal. Sure Rising could find the portal, and likely use it, but she had things she could add on her side, that wasn't magical in nature, that'd cut him off from the reading room. Including keys, various traps, and a good old fashioned guard. She had a few... Experiments around, that Twisted had chained up. Some of them could be workable, and would prefer that gig over certain alternatives.

"It's good you don't sound like you snooped around too much. Reading another's diary is reason enough for punishment. Though I don't see much good in keeping one to begin with. having your words accessible by others, means it is a weapon just waiting to be turned on you. It must be nice to not have to worry about things like that, and just focus on wellness, such as this.

Speaking of, are the ten minutes soon over? That massage sounded inviting."

=====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-08-29 at 1:11 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“What about your friend over there? Omen, was it? Are you interested in anything here or are you just browsing?” 

"I do not think I need things? I do not sleep, brush teeth, or try to smell weird. Food. Air. Chairs... No things. Just my friends."

She'd go back to doing what she did before this. Which were to open and close a door on one of the cabinets, over and over. It seemed to fascinate her, as she went through the same slow, monotonous motion, time and time again. One point where you could really see the resemblance between herself and Hammond. Sure their eyes were the same color, but that were normally the only thing, as they had been crafted differently. He were spotted like her, but just a generally dark color, with grey tips on his tail, chest and ears. His form, eye number and shapes, and way of speaking, were also different. But these moments of approaching things like a cautious kitten, exploring its new home for the first time, were a good deal more informed. Plus the fact that neither had to sleep, but that weren't something that'd be noted much just by looking for a half hour.

"You do still need somewhere to keep your possessions though, Omen."

She'd open her muzzle, and would drag the small cloth bag, in which she had most of her things, out of there, held by her long tongue. Not a drop of liquid found on the bag itself, so it should be clear she also had no saliva.

"Admittedly, that were a poor choice of words from me."

"You choose words? For what?"

"Just a saying. I meant that I should have been more clear: The things you own, that you can't carry in your stomach. Like the framed picture, remember? That's why we have things like boxes that we can keep things in, nice and safe."

"Okay."

She'd swallow this pouch again, and then would start to slowly, about five bits at a time, trickle out the reaminders of what she had left from after last night. Which amounted to about one hundred and fifty-six bits. An action which she'd be done with, just after when Kiba presented the last thing, that he wished to show Rosa.

On 2021-08-29 at 1:11 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Here we go, Mister Rosa! The last option I got here is about as simple as it gets, but I think it could be what you’re looking for. Standard box-shaped cabinet with equal dimensions, and the interior has some ample space with removable and adjustable shelves. It also has a mirror for an internal panel on the door.”

“If you get bored of having a mirror on the inside, you could just as easily slide it off the interior panel and move it outside. Don’t worry though, the wood carving designs you see in the other pieces of furniture are still here on the sides and on the panels that hold the mirror in place. You can see what looks like deer horns, or well... halla horns, named after a creature from tales the longma tell around a fire. One tale anyway, as father told me once. What do you think? Did you find something you like?”

"A box for things... Please?"

She'd gaze towards Rosa as she said the questioning *please?* at the end, as she wasn't sure if she had done so right. Which she hadn't, as she had paused, and said it like it were a question. But he'd shrug, and give a slight nod. It were close enough, and with her voice being a whisper in the mind, Kiba might not even notice the incorrect way she tried to say this.

"Seems like you have a customer after all then. I'd suggest trying to focus on something with sections for her. We can learn her some degree of structure and organisation then.

As for the cabinet, this is quite a beauty. I can't say I've heard of something called a Halla before, but the design is still grand regardless of my understanding. And I have found something that I have an interest in, though it is not this. I thought this is what I wished for, but the novelty, as you described the last piece, intrigued me enough to change my mind. I'll need to check space in the bathroom first though, to make sure there'd be room for it. Though if not, I assume that I could have one custom made in a smaller size, with perhaps a mirror cut to fir the theme, long as I pay in advance?"

@Starforce

Cutting into the mirage, were little more than air and magic. He wasn't real, and never would be. It were all just supposed to showcase what fears someone may have. Or rather, just one of them, which had some space to fill for the one ascending the minor mountain. IN her case, it would be Shining Armor, as she had expressed how she worried he would act, if she came forth, and talked poorly of their parents. Fright did not know that, but she didn't have to either. The presence were a part of her power, here to simply give form to fears. And Magnolia had gotten through the first one well.

She'd end up being able to get quite a bit of way up, without more happening. Although, in time, she may realize that she were seeing the same path over and over again, and that she were not really ascending. If she tried to leave via flying, or porting away, she'd just end back in the same spot again, trapped in this loop. Once she'd realize it, the area would start to blur out. The view would change from that of a section of town. A myriad of creatures would be around. All ones whom Magnolia had met in her past, both recently, and long ago.

Some words would briefly appear in the air, seemingly cut into nothing, by dark claws.

"Remember those who care"

A lesson for those who had felt loneliness, and thought themselves sometimes, that they couldn't overcome it. Yet, somewhere, most would understand that they had someone they could rely on. Who'd help them face things, and be there for them, regardless of how little they may think they deserved it sometimes.

The task here, were for Magnolia to find the one whom she could count on. Once she had so, and would touch that being, the lesson would end. She'd be back on the mountain, and a good deal up it in fact. There'd be a grand view of the forest below even.

If she tried too slash, bite, or inflict any other kind of violence upon anyone in the crowd, the scenario would reset, and would continue to do so, until she approached this rationally. She wouldn't be interrupted here. None of the ones here, even seemed like they knew she were there.

===============================================================

10 hours ago, Cali said:

"We use both physical cash, and digital currency. We can convert it into digital value using machines, thats a bit complicated and I don't really know how to explain that, and vice versa." she pats Blitz again as she notices Light and the professor. "I'll go talk to them for a bit, they seem to have been taking an interest in me." she states and gets up, holding Blitz in her arms gently.

The various ponies took the money with far more interest than the untouched blueprints, that were laying in a stack on a nearby montre. The pictures on the money were the most interesting to the various beings here, and the expressions of *Ooooh* and *Woah* that came when they were held up to the light, really showing off more of it, were rather notable.

"So this is what human currency looks like? They seem so fragile."

"But they're really pretty. I'm gonna get this framed."

The foal had a medium value currency of each one in her hooves, and looked up at them with glee. The money were obviously, completely worthless in Equestria, but that didn't mean that they couldn't find them pretty, and be fascinated by the pictures. Which to them, were just souvenirs handed out to tourists. Cali could be safe in the knowledge that nopony in this room, would forget her anytimes soon. Though as she took off, and all of them said their thanks and goodbyes, they'd start to disperse into other parts of the museum.

Not Blitz though. She were enjoying her life as a glorified pet right now. It was a dull life she wouldn't stick with, but right now, it had scritches, and an elevated position to see lots more from. SO it were still entertaining her enough to stick with it.

11 hours ago, Cali said:

Cali walks up to the professor and the others. "I hear you talking about me. Whats up?" she'd ask, looking to the professor. Her previous almost entertaining demeanor faded away entirely as she wanted to know what they were talking about. 

The professor corrected his bowtie as Cali approached him, and would give her a slight nod.

"Talking? yes, yes we did. Nothing bad mind you. We just enjoyed the performance. Very unorthodox, but commendable effort. Yes.

I am Professor Nitpicker. What to say first... Hmm, yes. I'd like to thank you for providing the guests with a new, alternative kind of history. They seemed enthralled. Always good that is. Interested minds learn more I find.

We were also just discussing what class of primate, humans might fall into. In your opinion, are humans in the category of apes, or great apes? I am personally thinking they would be of the higher class. It's only logical, correct?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

In time Magnolia would realize that the path was repeating itself over and over again. It took her a while to realize what was truly happening here. Upon that realization the area would blurr and transform into the section of the town. It confused her for a bit, and upon seeing the sign she realized that she had to find Zeehva or the other dragons she had met previously such as Gretha. They were the ones who cared about her, right? In her mind, she should be able to find them soon enough.

Her monstrous form of the wolf fades away revealing the true pony behind the form. Magnolia calmly walked into the town and began to search for the ones she considered her friends. She saw some other ponies from her past too, some were murderers. Such as the 'Hook' a murderous stallion who ended the lives of many at a sailing dock many years ago, or those thieves she had ran into in Manehattan around the same time. She realized they weren't real, however seeing them again haunted her a little bit. She wouldn't interact with them though, she would press on. 

Upon finding Zeehva in the crowd she would have approached her and given her a hug. It had taken a bit to find her, but upon that the whole thing would have faded. She overlooks the beautiful forest below. Upon lamenting upon her actions for a few minutes, she would proceed onward. 

@Blitz Boom  @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali had given the others parting waves as they took off with the materials she had given them. Little did they know, she had stolen all of that from a bank many years ago. She couldn't remember which, but she knew by this point her stealing days were over. Now was time for giving and she had found herself in great enjoyment of what she had done. Bringing knowledge to them was also the added bonus.

Upon the mention of a performance Cali seemed confused. "I wasn't performing in anything, I was just informing those around here where I am from. It seems as though there were humans here in the past, but I am not of the type of human from this world's ancient past. I am from a world known as Earth. As per your question all apes and humans share a common ancestor. That is what they call the great apes, however as much evidence as there is for that, results for it proved inconclusive. It is much more likely that humans, at least of my world were created by the fusion of another race's DNA with that of native Apes. On Earth it has been proven that much more advanced civilizations existed, only to collapse and fall to the sands of time." 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Windy Breeze

"Sup" light casually said to Cali.

" This doofus took my mocking of you too seriously... I just called you an ape and now we are having a discussion on wether you're an ape or a great ape....I guess it's my fault for trying to find a plot in this area... I guess my prayers have been answered.... I regret it though..."

Cali then continued to explain about her world again. This time involving the great apes and DNA... 

" Yup... There she goes again.... Does that suffice your question Professor Nitpick?... Then again, you're gonna nitpick...." 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“A box then? I think there’s something for you, Omen. Something with interior segments ought to be what you’re looking for. We can start you off with medium-sized storage boxes that could fit right in on a table top or under a bed, but allow me to address your friend first.”

“As for your question, Mister Rosa, we can put your name down for a reservation and get some measurements before payment. We ought to make sure you are satisfied with the cabinet, and that means getting the fit and the numbers just right. Not gonna lie, it’s, uh… a little hard to believe you’re interested in that cabinet. That one came from a crazy idea, and I wasn’t sure if anyone would want it. Sounds strange right? Not having faith on our own product. Everyone wants furniture to do something expected but not do in some unexpected manner..."

Kiba had this big smile on his face, and he was seemingly giddy at the idea that someone was interested in the more novel approaches to simple furniture. His father’s shop had its roots in custom furniture, but this was one of those time when experimental builds attracted attention from customers. Going by past experience, those types of customers are few and far between, but there may be a market for odd furniture with just the right approach. 

In the meantime, the longma would lead Rosa and Omen into the main room of the store next to the workshop. This is where the regular furniture pieces were placed on display, the kind that most customers would see, examine, and maybe even purchase. There was a lot more lacquered wood in this part of the store, with just as many pieces looking like antiques. One could mistake this for an antique store, but the lack of anything else aside from wooden furniture would suggest otherwise. Uddo’s store was a furniture-centered shop first and foremost. 

From here, Kiba would bring attention to an ornate box that looks just like a treasure chest. As per Rosa’s suggestion earlier, Omen would preferably like something with sections in its interior, and this one may satisfy that need.

“Here we are, one medium-sized chest. It may not look like it, but the inside’s got these grooves in them. Those are for these dividers mounted on the chest’s exterior, so you can slide them off on the outside and slide them to the interior to make individual sections. The inside’s also deeper than what the exterior suggests, giving you more space for storage. And if you are looking to show this off to some friends or onlookers, there’s some floral patterns etched all around the chest, so you aren’t just having another plain box for display. Might this be what you’re looking for, Omen?”

@Blitz Boom

'How peculiar,' Limbo thought, 'This pony's lexicon is limited, yet she understood me. Her understanding must outpace her speech by a wide margin.'

It was the first time she had witnessed this phenomenon. So, she kept to the safe side and spoke in unambiguous terms.

"Oh, let him go. He is bad company." Every step of the way, Limbo fought to simplify her speech. If the poet in her had its way, then she would never be understood.

"I am far more interested in you!" Limbo then leaped with excitement before examining her new friend, picking up her tail, "What is this? Does it attract water? Does it wack away beasts? Oh, it makes you look like water, doesn't it?"

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Picking up the shark pony's tail, she'd find that it were indeed, exactly like a sharks. It were wet of course, as she had just been in the water, but it were also meaty and muscular. Somewhat heavy as well, even though this mare swung it around like it were nothing Though that had likely more to do with her muscles, as it'd definitely take some to have this, over the regular, very light hair tails of ponies.

"Tail for swimming. Important."

She'd show this to Limbo, by slipping out of the grip, dive back into the lake, and swim around in the clear water. She'd be able t see that whilst she did use her legs to steer around with, they were still generally laying down below her, whilst she got momentum forward via her tail. Bashing it around at various strengths, depending on how fast she wanted to go. As she'd set in some extra muscle and flap it strongly behind her, she'd end this by showing her ambush, once she had circled in on prey, as she'd move forward with a sudden burst of speed. Yet instead of going after prey, she'd use it to get out of the water, and then fly the last bit of way, as she got into the air, and towards Limbo. She didn't really know how the wings worked. It were mostly an instinct thing, as she had never flown before. Or walked for that matter. There were just an instinct telling her how to do those sorts of things.

"Friend tail not the same. Made of... Haaaaa-ir. Hair? Yes, hair. Many ones, in strange place, have hair. Why? Hair not help with hunting. Is just pretty. Soft too. Important for friends to be soft?"

She'd move forth and poke Limbo's hair with her snout. She may now how to use her legs, but she were still used to exploring things, by either poking to them with her nose, or biting them. And friends were soft. Not good to bite them.

===================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-08-31 at 3:31 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“A box then? I think there’s something for you, Omen. Something with interior segments ought to be what you’re looking for. We can start you off with medium-sized storage boxes that could fit right in on a table top or under a bed, but allow me to address your friend first.”

“As for your question, Mister Rosa, we can put your name down for a reservation and get some measurements before payment. We ought to make sure you are satisfied with the cabinet, and that means getting the fit and the numbers just right. Not gonna lie, it’s, uh… a little hard to believe you’re interested in that cabinet. That one came from a crazy idea, and I wasn’t sure if anyone would want it. Sounds strange right? Not having faith on our own product. Everyone wants furniture to do something expected but not do in some unexpected manner..."

"That is the nature of taking a risk. Uncertainty in success. But you shouldn't sell yourself short. It is definitely a niche product, but there will always be those who have certain preferences for things. I for example, are a thestral. We primarily live in forested areas, and as such, wooden furniture, and things formed and decorated to seem more in line with that, feels more natural and relaxing to us. Ponies on the other hoof - unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies specifically - are divided into primarily farmer, or cityfolk. They have a preference for simple, straight forward things, of decorative versions of simplistic furniture in general.

It doesn't count for everyone of course, but it is a basic thing to go by, and I'm sure you have some idea about that being true as well."

"I like fire."

"Yes, we each have our preferences, though fire isn't something most would sleep in, Omen.

To return tot he furniture, it is a niche cabinet perhaps, but it is well done, and some enjoys something more... Extravagant, and peculiar. As one who enjoys having some secret stash areas, having drawers come out where you do not expect it to, is honestly more akin to my style, than most. Something to keep in mind really, as you will find my fascination for hidden rooms will become a recurring theme."

On 2021-08-31 at 3:31 PM, EQ_Theta said:

From here, Kiba would bring attention to an ornate box that looks just like a treasure chest. As per Rosa’s suggestion earlier, Omen would preferably like something with sections in its interior, and this one may satisfy that need.

“Here we are, one medium-sized chest. It may not look like it, but the inside’s got these grooves in them. Those are for these dividers mounted on the chest’s exterior, so you can slide them off on the outside and slide them to the interior to make individual sections. The inside’s also deeper than what the exterior suggests, giving you more space for storage. And if you are looking to show this off to some friends or onlookers, there’s some floral patterns etched all around the chest, so you aren’t just having another plain box for display. Might this be what you’re looking for, Omen?”

Omen would trail a little behind, as she were eating the coins again. Since she didn't have a bag per se to carry these things with, and were used to this approach to things, it were just what she were used to. And once she were done with that, she would come to them, if they had moved away. They wouldn't have to worry. She'd find them. She always could.

Hammond tried picking up a bit and chew on it, but he didn't seem to like doing that and instead wondered if he were just supposed to stash them in his cheeks. Omen told him not to. He wasn't made like her, so this would probably hurt him in some fashion. Scarcity still had some way to go with explaining to him in their language, what was supposed to go in his mouth, and what wasn't, but at least bits wouldn't be on his maybe list anymore.

After coming in, and looking at the chests, Omen would get up close to the one presented. She'd poke at it slowly, without saying a word, and trying to slide the things around that he spoke about. She'd stick her face into the compartments as well if she could, though Rosa kept a close eye, to make sure she wouldn't get her head stuck somewhere. If he deemed the space too small, he'd stop her, before going in too far. He didn't want her to embarrass herself, and potentially break something.

"Spaces for things. How many bits?"

Once she had a number, she'd spit out the required amount, bit by bit, into a nice, clean pile on the floor, or some sort of surface, if she were directed to it.

=============================================================

@Starforce

Zeehva were indeed the one she were looking for, and soon as she had embraced this illusion of her friend, the spatial anomaly would stop, and she'd have completed her task. Though the view over the forest may be breathtaking for her though, she may also note that the top of this mountain, were not far away. A little ten minute walk, and she'd be there. Though, it seemed to be a flat surface, with nothing there. Simply a single word, carved into the ground, at the entrance to this plateau: Acceptance.

Then, several beings would suddenly phase in to the scene. A foal, a mare, and a stallion. The foal, were Magnolia herself. Or rather, how she had been, before she parted ways with her family. The others then, were her parents. They faced the foal Magnolia without a word, but it seemed like her old self had been scorned in some fashion. Likely yelled at for some act they claimed she had done with malice. And the foal? She seemed to be crying, and turned her back on the two of them. The parents in turn, would turn around too, after seemingly sneering at the foal, and would wander away. Towards another two other foals, representing her younger siblings.

This scene had several ways she could approach it, but it would all end the same way. If she attacked/confronted her parents, went to comfort her younger self, went over to do something to/with her siblings, or something else entirely, it would all end with the mirages losing form, and swirling into mint-green mist. It would then coalesce into a singular point in the middle of this plateau, as a swirling portal. And right through that, were the entry chamber to Fright's temple. A simple stone room, with two ponds at the sides, and three different entry points. The aura of peace would float through this place too, and a soft, golden light would fall upon them, like the rays of the sun, though no source could be found for the light if she looked up. It were simply as if the stones themselves, were the light.

A griffon would wander through one of the doorways, and walk towards her with a peaceful smile on his beak. He were dressed in a green and black toga, with Fright's icon emblazoned on the broche keeping it together. It would not go further down than the knees however.

"Another lost soul? Welcome to our sanctuary, my friend. I am pleased to meet you. I am Crawthorne. Can I ask your name, and perhaps lead you to a seat? I'm sure you must have questions, after your trials. Or a need to contemplate."

====================================================================

On 2021-08-30 at 8:26 PM, Cali said:

Upon the mention of a performance Cali seemed confused. "I wasn't performing in anything, I was just informing those around here where I am from. It seems as though there were humans here in the past, but I am not of the type of human from this world's ancient past. I am from a world known as Earth. As per your question all apes and humans share a common ancestor. That is what they call the great apes, however as much evidence as there is for that, results for it proved inconclusive. It is much more likely that humans, at least of my world were created by the fusion of another race's DNA with that of native Apes. On Earth it has been proven that much more advanced civilizations existed, only to collapse and fall to the sands of time."

"Perplexing, but yes, there may well be several creatures involved in the creation of what eventually once were - or in the case of another dimension, are - humans. Some races have questionable origins, and muddled background as such. Even ponies, have shown to have originated from an ancestor, larger than we are now, and more animalistic in nature. Though of course, we have not been able to find something conclusive, it is hypothesized that we rose from the ashes of the world humans could no longer live in, and developed into what we are, over many generations. What caused this shift though, if it is what came to pass, is unknown thus far though. And it seems as if there have been other civilisations before what you see now. Some advanced, yet clearly not human. Potentially some whom took advantage of the things they left? We simply do not know. Hmmm. Not yet at least, no. The dragons are the longest living known race to exist, and according to them, they know nothing of what came in the olden times. Nor can I imagine they much cared. The simpler races were likely beneath them, in their estimate. And if something advance did rise to threaten them-

Ah, but this is conjecture and mere speculation. Nothing with anything tangible thus far, even if find by find, we map out the past a little further. The origins of many races are in question, if you look back towards their ancestry. Not all are as simple as the Discordian Knight Squirrel. The simple origins merely being squirrels, infused with generations of chaos magic. A somewhat anticlimactic, yet still simple origin.

Humans though, are ancient history, and the notion that one have come through from another dimension, without being equinized, seems rather ludic-"

"Professor Nitpick? Sir? I've been around her for some time, and I have seen enough to actually come to believe her. She even let me have this book of their worlds history."

The lanky stallion would curiously turn and face Cloudwatcher, and then flip through a few pages of the book he were presented with.

"Hmm... It seems authentically printed, yet such can be fabricated. As you know, of course. Yet this printing is not a variety I have seen before, and the paper seems different as well, to what I am aware of. Considering your assurances, Miss Watcher, I will retract my half-finished statement, and acknowledge that thee may be potential proof of this peculiar claim. As it is another worlds humans, it sadly cannot inform us on our versions history, but perhaps there are similarities? Have you equine equivalents in some form, where you claim to be from, miss?"

The words of Cloudwatcher had some value to him, as he had seen her around a long time, and noted her curious nature. In fact, he had tried to convince her for a long time, to change profession, yet she were still hung up on the mantle of a guard. Yet he'd never stop trying. It were a shame to waste her in such a position.

On 2021-08-30 at 10:05 PM, Kujamih said:

" Yup... There she goes again.... Does that suffice your question Professor Nitpick?... Then again, you're gonna nitpick...." 

"There are always questions, as it is the only way we find answers. As for plot, I would suggest you move to room four then, if that is what you want to examine. We have some full body skeletons there, which may suffice. If you mean plots of land, we have some soil samples in room seven."

"Professor? I think he means plot, as in story."

"Is that so? Hmm. Mighty peculiar. A journalist of some kind? Didn't strike me as the sort."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would arrive onto the scene after the walk. The walk felt peaceful but what she saw brought back the emotions she had tried to suppress since her encounter with Zeehva. She saw her hated parents and her younger self. She stood there and watched momentarily, even though it was just an illusion it had brought tears to her eyes. She remembers the moment that it had happened and collapsed onto the ground. The tears were no longer simple drips, but a full river.

"I-I wasn't good enough for them...I never deserved their love...I-I...and then they... they get all of it. Why them? Why not me?" she wailed and wailed to the sky. She layed there on the ground crying, heartbroken by the memories that had resurfaced. A twinge of hate flowed through her, her original plan also coming back into her mind. She hated her siblings. She wanted to destroy their reputations, make them pay for abandoning her.

Upon the aura of peace those feelings would largely subside as she wiped her tears away and faced the griffon. Upon hearing his words she would stand up and face him. "Magnolia is my name. I am not here by my choice but by mistake. I am separated from a friend of mine when I...accidentally stepped on one of those tablets..." she mutters, still distraught from what she just saw.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali listens intently to what the professor said. She had quite a lot to say about it.

"You are speaking of evolution on your world. I don't have a lot of ideas as to how everything came to be here. Your world has magic, and all these different types of races. Mine doesn't. As for why I am the way I am, able to perform magic and cross between dimensions that is a different story that boils down to me finding an anomalous source of energy contained within a red gem that then gave me this power as if it was some kind of infection. That was many many years ago, though. From what is told, humans on my world evolved from great apes. However we ourselves were still figuring out our origins and there was plenty of things to still be uncovered no matter how great our evidence may seem there are always missing links and things that we cannot find due to them." Cali took a second to let all of that sink in.

"As for that specific book, it would be relatively stupid to come up with a method to fabricate something that isn't unlike anything else on this world. So by that alone you must know that I am not from around here at the very least. As for my world itself, I brought this out before but since you are more knowledgeable I am going to let you keep these." she brought out a globe of the Earth and sit on the desk next to him. 

"For your questions I really don't want to offend anyone here by saying this, but ponies and horses aren't sentient beings. Nothing else on our world reaches our level of sentience besides maybe whales or dolphins, or other apes." she brought out a book about Earth's wildlife and flipped to the page with horses and ponies on it. They looked nothing like the ponies or horses here that was for sure. Some showed humans riding them for sport events or hunting like in the ancient times. 

"As for Plot here, Light is also from another dimension and has this thing where he almost acts like a custodian, at least in my interpretations of his goals." 

@Blitz Boom

“You lot are probably the first to admit taking a liking to strange things… No doubt I couldn’t get anything with actual fire in it, but I might try to convince my father to try a collection themed around fire. As for secret compartments, I’ve never considered that, though maybe one day, you’d be putting in odd requests for boxes with false bottoms or trap doors.”

Kiba laughed his own suggestion off before grabbing the box Omen was interested in and leading them to the check-out counter. This was a legitimate business, though odd requests have come and gone, mostly from the more eccentric customers who wanted something very unorthodox. Home renovation was probably where Uddo drew the line, but if he were to expand to something close to it, that might drum up some more business. They were in the old town after all, and old homes could use some refurbishment. 

“So, one ornate box with divider panels and floral patterns ready to go to a new home. That will be fifty bits, Omen. We can conduct business on the counter over here.”

Seemed like this slow business day was turning out a little better. Though visitors and customers from out of town were a regular occurrence, this place had to adapt to rake in some more money. The workshop served the family well in more recent months, acting as the go-to place for locals to make repairs or stock up on replacement parts. Ever since then, the community in the old town grew a little closer together when they knew where to go and who to speak to for their needs. A small store for general goods was not too far away, though that would be in the other direction from Rosa’s home. A nearby park and playground was also present for the little ones and their parents, and just a few steps away was a humble library. 

As for their more immediate surroundings, there was an ajar door near the back of the store. Normally, this would be where customers would talk with Uddo when they were interested in custom-made furniture sets or bigger business prospects. This time, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that was where Sen and Lin were staying at the moment. Their time alone wasn't as private as Uddo would've hoped, but Kiba landed a sale, which is still a plus in their books. 

“Speaking of business, would you like to make a reservation today, Mister Rosa? As said earlier, you don’t need to make an advanced payment if we’ll just be taking measurements. That’ll come once we’ve got the details of your desired bathroom cabinet down. I know we are still conducting a transaction here, but if you're interested, there's this bakery close to the center of town that sells cream puffs. They're the just the right amount of sweet without feeling like you're biting into air. You should try them if you get the chance!”

@Blitz Boom
The hide was quite well skinned, the edges showing that Ruby had used her claws instead of any kind of tools "Their use is more practical, I use them as bags to move stuff and as wrapping on things that could be otherwise ruined by smoke or moisture." the bones in this room weren't exactly trophies, rather they were for general use as either decoration or for something more practical, trophies were different to her, though from outside view there of course was no way to tell the difference. "I also now and then may sell one or two for extra profit." having noticed Leviathan's reaction, Ruby walked close to the unicorn's remains and put her hoof on its 'cheek' "And don't worry about this one, they won't be missed by anyone, or more accurately, weren't missed, as it has been quite a while already." her tone was her usual, to her killing was killing, she didn't differentiate between creatures when it came to that, and since she had no care about Equestria or any other nation, she couldn't care less if she'd accidentally start a war.

------------------------------

Scarecrow didn't really have anything more to say regarding the litter, and having seen Lyriel's capabilities before, her actions didn't get a comment from him either. He knew what Wine and ale were, but it still didn't give him any info about the mess, it was sticky substance, and that was all he knew, he didn't know what wine or ale tasted or smelled like, in fact, he didn't remember what it was like to smell or taste in general. But while in most days it was bummer he couldn't experience these things, moments like this, or the time he was covered by the frog-monster's slime, were such that he was glad about it, and who knew, maybe his inability to be grossed out could become handy someday for helping others.

He would lead them literally forward, continuing on the same track Lyriel had started, he didn't know the town, so there wasn't any specific place he would know to go to, the crystal castle that was towering over the town was curious, but not enough for him to have the need to get there right now. The only change on route he would make was to get out of the dirty part of town, as he didn't want Lyriel have to be disgusted, he obviously didn't personally care, he could have fallen face first into the biggest pile of litter ever seen and not even realized. 

At some point, they would be able to see a pony , it was an earth pony stallion, he was brown in color and his mane was lighter brown, all in all, he was very regular looking pony, the only real oddity being that he was full grown pony without a cutiemark, and even it, while rare, wasn't unheard of, though at least for Scarecrow it was something he hadn't seen before, and it made him slightly curious, but only enough to ponder about it, he knew being a blank flank was sensitive topic to some ponies, so he didn't want to bother a stranger by asking about it. 

But while physically the pony was as normal as a pony could be, his behavior was more peculiar, while his clear avoidance of other ponies and the seeming nervousness could be explained by him being shy, the way he glanced at the sky now and then and seemingly tried to avoid shadows couldn't, the shadows themselves didn't seem to do anything to him even if he accidentally walked into one, but the stallion avoided them nonetheless. 

One more peculiar detail was that the stallion seemed to notice Scarecrow and Lyriel from further away than ponies normally would, his ear twitched and he turned to look at them, mainly Lyriel

---------------------------------------

"No, I do not believe in fate, I believe in what I observe." Solar stated, somehow even more coldly than before "It is clear you didn't listen as I already addressed the matter of unexpected death, which is more likely in our world than here, as our home is notably deadlier." "Regardless of your need to feel smarter than others, the fact is that with the individuals I have looked into, for most, if they themselves isn't someone I recognize, someone in their family line is, and those I don't recognize at all aren't necessarily prove of exceptions, and rather they may be from the Night-Realm in our reality, and thus I had no access to their information there." "You for example most likely don't exist in our world, because your kind was wiped out long time ago as I mentioned in our previous meeting, but a random pony most likely did, does or will." he stayed annoyingly calm the whole time "And as stated before, if there was to come a situation where a peaceful solution is impossible yet violent one is uncalled for, I'll simply retreat and report to Celestia." "I find it amusing you believe I'm not used to violent reactions, look at them..." he pointed towards the kobolds "...does their reaction imply we guards are liked back where we come from?" it wasn't like he hadn't been attacked before, he had even had some serious injuries during his relatively short life. 

"For the question of when I'll move to other duties, one of two things must be true for that to happen, either a direct order must come from high enough superior that I can be certain isn't a result of changeling mind tricks, or I must see enough evidence that these two have adjusted enough for the cultural difference not cause potential trouble to either direction. You must understand that their reaction isn't to me being me specifically, we have no history together, it is to me being a Solar guard, thus there's reason to believe this world's guards are in equal risk of getting blasted. It is understandable reaction from them, I won't claim otherwise, but local guards shouldn't suffer for actions we did" the siblings didn't even try to get word in, it may have been they were bit scared, they may have been rebels and hated guards from bottom of their hearts, but they consumed the same propaganda as everyone else, and that combined with their experiences made them respect the guards' authority in terms of their power, but it was also because they knew it was pointless, there was no use trying to argue with someone who used to have empire's all knowledge in his head. 

The unchanging tone Solar spoke with was bit unnerving to listen, the change in emotion was there, so it wasn't totally robotic, but it was so small it was off-putting

@Starforce

"It have been long since we had an accidental arrival. I'm sure the head mistress would be pleased to help you home. Let's see what door we may use."

He'd stand in front of the doors, until he saw a faint outline of mint green mist swaying above the entrance of the third door.

"The path is determined, by how she judges your final trial to have gone. Most of us will wander through the middle, as we failed. Some select few, will have come to if not overcome, then accept their fears. The path we wanders, are for those whom neither failed, nor succeeded. It must mean something stirred within you from it. Worry not, I will not pry. We all have our demons to tackle."

Crawthorne would lead the way, through the door of the undecided. There would not be a massive pathway behind though, as this were a gate, rather than a long hallway. The opening on the other side, coming out of a large, gnarled tree, flourishing behind them.

The rest of the area, would be a vast, open place. Primarily occupied by ponds, where lily pads would swim around in the clear water. Various species of fish and toad were also present, adding to the animal life in the water, whilst cranes made up the population of birds. Simple, regular animals, with nothing special done to them it seemed. The soft light that came from the previous room, bathed down upon them here too, from what looked like a small, yellow sun, with a faint green outline. And there were quite a few people in here, either wandering through the low parts of the ponds, or on the pathways of dirt and grass. At least five dozen creatures, wandering, talking, or meditating. There were plenty of seats to pick from, with benches, or stones one may place themselves on. As well as some seemingly choosing to sit under small waterfalls, and just sit there, silently meditating, with the water falling upon them. Where it the water came from? Seemingly thin air, but this were still a draconequui realm, so this were honestly, a minor oddity.

Further away, would be a gate, which is what Crawthorne would slowly lead her towards. Many of the creatures here, who were not caught up in the talks or meditation, would raise a hand, talon, hoof, etc. to greet her, though none would thus far approach, as they figured as a newly arrived, she wanted to relax, rather than be questioned.

"Welcome to the temple. Regardless of how shortly you may stay, I hope you will find peace, in the time that you are here."

======================================================================

The professor listened to what Cali said, without interruption. Whatever he believed it or not, was a different story entirely, but he believed that she deserved the courtesy of him not acting like an egomaniac, and interrupting her. That seemed a simple thing to do really, and should be what one strived to be like. Even if you were a nitpicker like himself.

"I'm a scientist, ma'am. I go by evidence, so I will remain sceptic about things. I'm not ruling it out though, as there are inconsistencies, that would fit, given your narrative, but it is in general, hard to disprove things involving another dimension. There is not even a guarantee that the laws of physics apply between them, much less history, or evolution.

I think... Yes, a proper term would be *Open-minded, yet sceptic*. That should describe things well enough. As for what you're presenting us with here, I do take that in the column of wishing that your statement are fact, as otherwise, this seems a somewhat cruel joke on equine kind. These variations of ponies you show, are clearly not suited for our kind of life, and the intelligence in the eyes seems minimal. Much too small of a head to provide room for a proper intelligence too, I would think. This is but an animal."

He'd correct his glasses as he looked into the book, at the depiction of ponies and horses, coming from the human world. Such woefully inadequate creatures... Tall it would appear, but that were the only good he would have to say, when compared to a pony in his terminologi. This did not even fit the bones they had uncovered of their furthest back ancestors to date.

"Now you said - and he confirms - that he is also a dimensional hopper? This I have yet to see evidence of. You are... Unique in your appearance, ma'am. Yet for all intends and purposes, all I see with him, is a pony. Might you have something else to say about that, sir?"

As for Blitz? Well, they had all done the fatal mistake that many did around her: They lost attention on her. Now, if Cali still help her, she would be able to stop the filly before she tried to scamper off. But if she had been set on the ground, as part of showing off these books and such, she would be gone. Rushed off to some other part of the museum. It was a safe place after all, right? She didn't see no harm in getting a sneak peek on stuff while they had their talk.

If she were still here though, she'd wriggle some in Cali's grip, and look at the professor with a energetic, manic look in her big eyes.

"Light is a metal pony! Full of zappy zap I bet."

Nitpicker didn't take much note in this, beyond a mental note, to keep an eye on this one. She looked, and smelled, like trouble. As well as gunpowder.

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-09-03 at 4:45 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“You lot are probably the first to admit taking a liking to strange things… No doubt I couldn’t get anything with actual fire in it, but I might try to convince my father to try a collection themed around fire. As for secret compartments, I’ve never considered that, though maybe one day, you’d be putting in odd requests for boxes with false bottoms or trap doors.”

"Chest with fire... Dinner box?"

The odd thought had entered Omen's mind, and as she had little in the way of filter, she had just uttered the first thing she thought about, at this offer. Something which got a small smirk, and *snrk* sound from Rosa.

"My apologies, it just amused me in the moment.

As for how to explain this... Omen is a peculiar eater, and when she says she likes fire, it were not meant as decoration wise. Rather, it were meant in a food-based way, as she likes to eat rather hot things.

That being said, I am still thinking there may be some merit to the idea of that for her. She lives with your kin, so she likely have to speak with them about it though. We will return to that subject once they had their input, I'm sure.

Regarding the hidden compartments, I enjoy keeping my valuables safe. Hidden rooms tends to do that better than a safe, as that sort of thing tends to be rather easy to spot. Even when behind a painting, or book shelf. It's rather predictable really. Trapdoors are not my style however. I find it tends to be the wrong ones who falls into those, compared to whom you'd like them to be used upon. At least inside a house."

Trapdoors in the house. Now wasn't that gonna be something? A nice trap, for someone who were not supposed to be there. Tough he got the distinct feeling that the only result, would be Omen falling into said trap, within five minutes of it being installed.

On 2021-09-03 at 4:45 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“So, one ornate box with divider panels and floral patterns ready to go to a new home. That will be fifty bits, Omen. We can conduct business on the counter over here.”

Seemed like this slow business day was turning out a little better. Though visitors and customers from out of town were a regular occurrence, this place had to adapt to rake in some more money. The workshop served the family well in more recent months, acting as the go-to place for locals to make repairs or stock up on replacement parts. Ever since then, the community in the old town grew a little closer together when they knew where to go and who to speak to for their needs. A small store for general goods was not too far away, though that would be in the other direction from Rosa’s home. A nearby park and playground was also present for the little ones and their parents, and just a few steps away was a humble library. 

As for their more immediate surroundings, there was an ajar door near the back of the store. Normally, this would be where customers would talk with Uddo when they were interested in custom-made furniture sets or bigger business prospects. This time, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that was where Sen and Lin were staying at the moment. Their time alone wasn't as private as Uddo would've hoped, but Kiba landed a sale, which is still a plus in their books. 

“Speaking of business, would you like to make a reservation today, Mister Rosa? As said earlier, you don’t need to make an advanced payment if we’ll just be taking measurements. That’ll come once we’ve got the details of your desired bathroom cabinet down. I know we are still conducting a transaction here, but if you're interested, there's this bakery close to the center of town that sells cream puffs. They're the just the right amount of sweet without feeling like you're biting into air. You should try them if you get the chance!”

The two would follow the longma, with Hammond following troop, as he sat upon the box Omen were about to buy, and knocked on it from various angles. As well as sniffed to it, to see if there were something to learn from that, but he didn't really get a lot. Just smelled mostly like a desk, minus the coffee stains, and a few variations in what wood were being used.

As were asked for, Omen would step forward, and slowly extend her tongue, with bits balancing upon it. With fifty there, she'd then slowly lay them down upon the table, before retracting her tongue once more. Rosa were curious how Kiba had seen this, and other things, and not gotten curious actually. It were not as if regular ponies did things like this. Were he perhaps in communication with other odd beings, who may be able to do similar things? Probably not. It were likely just customer service, and not wanting to seem rude.

"Fifty. My box then?"

Once she got confirmation about this, she'd conjure a gate up next to her, and grab hold of the box with her tongue. Once she had a good grip in it, that she may carry or drag it, she'd take it through that, with herself too, and the gate would swirl to a pinprick, and vanish soon after. Which left Rosa and Hammond behind, with only the former able to try and explain this whole thing. Yet another headache in the midst of madness. At least if Kiba would be against the usage of magic. It were hard to say, but hopefully he were open-minded. Maybe he'd just ignore it?

"I thought it unwise to make a reservation without having details in order, but very well. I would like to - once I have all measurements, and prepared the bits for it - make a reservation for a bathroom cabinet, in the niche style you presented. Potentially with a slightly cut glass frame, yet I still need to think on that part of things. And thank you for the dining recommendation. I will keep it in mind, as I eventually get on to exploring town.

Might I ask, now that there are some degree of privacy, what you think your father have to speak about, with Sen and Lin? It appeared to weigh heavily upon him."

===========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I'm not worried if he's missed. I'm worried what might happen, if this were discovered. I know things are less... Structured and enforced by rules, where you're from, Ruby. Yet here, there are certain ones that have been upheld by both sides, for a long time. One being, that dragons are not allowed to kill ponies, and vice versa. It still happens sadly, but those who does it, are enemies of both sides, as whilst there have been tensions for centuries, if not millennia, neither side have an interest in returning to the barbaric times of constant warfare.

Finding this wouldn't spark a war per se, but it would make both sides come after you. ponies would not want a murderer, or grave robber, to reign loose. And dragons would want this dealt with, before it escalates, and it becomes a big thing. And I know, I know, you can keep your own in a fight, but the more trouble, the higher up it goes. From regular, to large, to elder, and maybe even the Ancalagon himself. The oldest of us all, who could flatten the entirety of Ponyville out, in a single stomp, if he stood in his full size. We try to not do anything that might irk him."

It were puzzling to some, how Ancalagon never wanted to be the de facto dragon lord, despite him being old and powerful enough, to easily get, and keep, the seat if he so wished to. But as the story went, he just didn't care about that. He'd get involved if it started to look like a crisis were about to occur, like he did when he proclaimed the treaty to the ponies and dragons, if they wanted it or not, but otherwise, he stayed out of politics. Honestly, she couldn't say where he even was. Massive of size as he were, he also had the ability to shift his size, and he rarely ever showed in his full size. When you could start earthquakes just by taking a step, you either destroyed the world around you, or became painfully aware of the impracticality of size at times.

"I understand the need to kill at times, but I still have many years of education in how things work here, and a certain degree of compassion. I can't find joy in seeing this one dead. Unless he were a filthy dragon hunter. I feel no pain from seeing one of them suffering."

Least of all if they hunted the young, but she would rather not even utter those words. She tended to spark up, when she did so, as it began to boil her blood. There were simply nothing but anger, that she could feel for something so vile. Though in general, she abhorred those who harmed the young, of the higher sentience races. There should just be some limits that weren't crossed.

"Objectively, it's a nice room though. And it's good you know how to properly use hides. There's many good uses, or bits to be made from them, so they shouldn't simply go to waste. And your skinning isn't bad. For one who uses her claws, I would imagine, the lack of damage is fairly impressive.

What does your brother think of it? He's silent, but he looks like he might be impressed?"

@Catpone Cerberus

Lyriel were happy that they left this street, though she were looking a little more drained now, after the action she took before. It were easy enough to read this with her, as it were not by bags under her eyes that you could judge her, but by the vegetation that grew on her. When she felt a little drained or tired, it would affect how vibrant and alive, that her foliage would look. The vines looking less light green, or the flowers faltering a little in their coloration, or withering/ grow more flaccid. Things such as this. As such, it could be seen fairly easily, that although it seemed like a small thing before, it had drained her some of energy, as a small bit of coloration had gone from her, as well as some of her flowers slumping slightly.

As they wandered on, her mood improved though. Not seeing litter anymore, were greatly appreciated. As were it to no longer have to stand in the odd smells of the alcohol which she did not know of before, and now were not a fan of. At least not in the state it had been presented to her, though really, what would be enjoyable, if that is how you first experienced it? Hardly anything.

One thing she did find she experienced though, were the arrival of a rather odd pony. One whom seemed to favor the light, yet feared the sky. It were strange for sure, but there were also that he seemed to suddenly turn, and focus on her. She didn't see anything peculiar about him, though she could swear he felt a little more... Connected to nature, in a way? She had felt things such as this around a few other ponies too, and they seemed like the types who were just more around nature. Hikers, landscapers, and so forth. Perhaps this one had been in the forest once, and noticed her, even if she hadn't seen him? She supposed, there were only really one way to find out, and that were to approach him, with a calm, warm smile on her face.

"Earth Mother's blessings upon you, friend. I saw you gaze upon us. Have we perhaps met? Or are you in need of aid?"

He seemed healthy, but there were many reasons one might need help. Perhaps he had gotten lost, or something else. And again, were the option that they had met, and she simply wasn't aware of it. Or a myriad of other reasons. Ponies seemed to be generally just the sort who liked to approach others, and act friendly towards them. It were one of the better things she appreciated about them.

=====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The guard may have the others worried, yet he wouldn't find Onache to be one that met him with fear. She gazed upon him with barely hidden disdain as she did most others, with an expression that did not change, as he responded. Considering how limited she were, in learning from him, this were rather informative stuff, and she should pay attention to it. Lest she missed something important. Such as something which may get to him, or an accidentally revealed weakness. Those who gloated, had a tendency to reveal things they didn't want to, in her experience.

11 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I find it amusing you believe I'm not used to violent reactions, look at them..." he pointed towards the kobolds "...does their reaction imply we guards are liked back where we come from?" it wasn't like he hadn't been attacked before, he had even had some serious injuries during his relatively short life. 

"No, their reaction implies more that where you come from, you are less guards, and more enforcers of a mad pony. Small time bullies, reveling in the power they've been given, and enjoying using it liberally. Strong reactions to law enforcement like this, would not come without reason, and pain is a strong motivator."

It seemed that she may have hit a soft spot here though. He may have a problem with those who did not seem to be overly fazed, or afraid by his presence. Likely from being the guard that he were, from where he were. Couldn't deal with not intimidating others, could he? He would find this would be something he wouldn't change with her anytime soon though. She wasn't intimidated easily, and this one were mostly just annoying to her, due to him being impossible to read like others. Not someone she were scared of.

12 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"For the question of when I'll move to other duties, one of two things must be true for that to happen, either a direct order must come from high enough superior that I can be certain isn't a result of changeling mind tricks, or I must see enough evidence that these two have adjusted enough for the cultural difference not cause potential trouble to either direction. You must understand that their reaction isn't to me being me specifically, we have no history together, it is to me being a Solar guard, thus there's reason to believe this world's guards are in equal risk of getting blasted. It is understandable reaction from them, I won't claim otherwise, but local guards shouldn't suffer for actions we did"

"Then get your orders in writing. It is simpler to change a voiced order, than a written one. I don't overly care enough about your presence to have to deal with contradictions, due to a questionable written order, once my influence have released its hold. And I have no intentions of having them brought into issues, due to attacking a random guard. You may not believe that I care about them, yet you're not stupid. What would I have to gain, to have the law pursuit those in my circle? Others have seen me with them, so they would come for me as well.

But I suppose, we have made a slight bit of progress here. A tangible end point to your hovering.

Still, I remain unconvinced for now, that you are not a potential threat yourself. Perhaps they will have trouble acclimating, but you come from a place were guards rule by cruelty. Can you say for certain, that you are completely cleansed of your past ways? Or is this perhaps a test for you, as much as it is for them?"

She'd keep eye contact as she said this. She were not being overly hostile now, so this were progress from her side too, she supposed. They were just conversing now after all. One pony did try to get through here as they spoke, but noted the tenseness, and promptly turned around, to go look at some marbles again. Best to not get into the middle of these sorts of things. Although as her eyes wandered near the pony, Onache would spot a mug, with an image of Chrysalis on the ground, with the mane six standing on top of her. The look of annoyance and struggling pride on her face at being defeated, along with the ponies so casually looking down on her, were both surprisingly detailed, and hilarious to the queen. Enough to put a satisfied smirk on her face, and made her float the mug over towards her. She had hated Chrysalis, and having to work for her, after the changeling had used her hives superior numbers to overtake her own. Seeing this, made her feel rather pleased as such.

"It appears there is something to be said of this place after all. Something well worth it's price."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia follows after Crawthorne. She said nothing in reply as she seemed to compose herself. Her tears had stopped flowing but they had left a bit of a mark by her eyes that she wiped off with the glow of her blue magic. With a sigh, she'd pass through the doorway and look about the area as they exited out the other side. Inside of a large tree, huh? That was pretty interesting to say the least. She didn't really know what to expect on the other side of that door though.

Upon seeing the beautiful scenery on the other side she realized that it had felt bad that she wanted to leave. However, her care for her friend was greater than the beauty of this place no matter how bad it felt to think that way about this place. The ones who were meditating or going about their business were best left undisturbed. She had lots of questions about it but decided that they are best left to mystery. 

Magnolia would wave to the others and look to Crawthorne. "It is quite a shame I come here on unwilling terms. I need to get back to the first tablet, either that or I will complete the course myself. Whichever will get me back to my friend faster." she spoke calmly, and described the area she had originated from and how she got here.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali looks to Light. "I cannot exactly speak for him, myself however I accidentally arrived here when he did something with a portal. I didn't come where he was and I didn't know he existed before I came here. Seeing him it seems more likely that he became an Equine or originated from another universe with ponies similar to yourselves. Speaking of that..." she sighed as she looked to the book.

"That is basically what they are, however horses are more intelligent than ponies but they are still animals. I hope this doesn't offend you but it is simply just a fact of the way things are where I am originally from. I can understand your questions however I cannot offer much knowledge on your world's evolution and history. It seems as though that is your specialty and I would assume that other dimensions such as mine fall within the realm of your study. My world will likely surprise, scare, or even horrify you with the things it has." she stated and flipped further into the book and showed him various human technologies such as cars, planes, and tanks. Stuff like that.

Cali was still holding Blitz, she didn't want to let her go and then have to run off in the middle of a conversation. "I'm sorry for having to hold you like this Blitz, but you are just too adorable to not want to hold and keep safe from danger." she spoke with kindness.