Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Considering his dream had been dropped in on by a Dream Warden out on patrol, the grape vein would likely be plucked.  Rising doubted it would take much time before whispers reached the Dream Princess's royal ears and her curiosity of another deity in the Dream Realm  be peaked.  More visits from Dream Wardens were likely to follow or even Princess Luna herself.  Would they hide, waiting for the goddess to appear again or simply begin asking questions?  It wouldn't take the Princess long to connect all the recent movement from Harrowmark as relayed by Minty and the report of some other dream creature entering one of her charge's dreams.  Maybe he'd get to meet the Princess for once, complete the set of royal dealings.

For now, the weary shinny detective crawled up onto one of the padded beds, laying on his front for the inevitable massage.  "Oh you simply must, darling.  The mud does wonders for your complexion and cost.  You'll be silky for weeks," Grace explained, showing off her silky smooth coat caused by the mud.  Not as glowing or pristine as Rising's treatment, but at least matched in feeling.  No amount of soaps or shampoos were going to accomplish that without some hefty magics.  Soon she also joined in, picking out a separate bed and lay upon.  The pegasus had already started with a wing massage, but not it was time for the rest of her body.  "Anything you'd like Lily," Dawn smiled, elegantly taking up her own bed as well.  "It does feel strange the first time, as a proper lady hardly is prepared for such ventures into mud.  Trust us darling, the mud works," she affirmed with a nod.

Their little group was quietly interrupted by the appearance of another pony.  Grace hardly took notice, but it was enough for Dawn to sit up on her padded bed.  A familiar message had been delivered.  Her horn ignited to lift the parchment and unfold it in mid-air for easy reading.  A short message.  Dawn's network in the underground was large and vast.  Full of its own secrets and friendships.  Things were much easier when done on good terms for all parties involved.  Her mother took more notice now that she was reading it.  "What's that dear?" she inquired.  "A friend wants to meet me for tea," she replied simply.  Not too uncommon these days for such simply messages to be pony delivered, meaning it was probably from Dawn's more high class circles.

Rising had turned his head enough to see a the delivery pony, and the magics that enchanted the parchment.  Delicate strands weaved a elegant tapestry to an otherwise simple spell.  A loading quintessence for a readable message to be removed when a trigger matrix was sprung upon taking up the quill for a reply. Rising had seen the signature before, although he's yet to put a face to it.  Dawn's underground world often stayed that way.  All too familiar with where to keep one's hoofs from stepping over the line and invoke the ire of the O.M.I.  Being a deterrent was just as good.  More curious was how they found her.  Although, the spa is an easy place to guess for any pony that knew her.

Dawn levitated the quill and replied with a quick response of very soon.  Folding the parchment into a far more elegant swan to put back on the silver tray.  Satisficed, she laid back on the padded bed.  The spa ponies would get into position next to their respective patrons to bed working their magic hoofs on sore muscles.

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Starforce

On 2021-09-08 at 1:37 PM, Kujamih said:

And lastly for now.... When in doubt stop!"

You got that blitz?" 

Now any questions?"

Blitz looked at Light with big, innocent eyes, filled with wonder, as he spoke of the various rules for making an engine, according to him. It looked like she were really listening too.

And then he had to ask if she had questions, and she went into a big, impish grin.

"Fuel is bad, make better power. Don't inhale funny stuff, and don't use many, many screws. Yep yep, I got it.

Ooooh, I bet it'll be fun if it runs with extra wind. So it goes fwoooosh! Or solar power. Big bro works with lots of that stuff.

Is the tubby a noisy thing?"

She seemed to get the gist of some things, but not ones like the last one, about stopping. Typical inventor, not knowing when to call it quits, even if that way, only madness awaited. The familiarity between her and Molotov were hard to not notice in times like this.

On 2021-09-08 at 8:29 PM, Cali said:

"Alright, that sounds like a plan. Earlier I had some other blueprints I had given to a friend but he didn't want them. They are of a so called rocket, a machine that allows us to travel into space. Depending on the type of rocket, one could even go to the moon or beyond to other worlds." she pulled those out, showing him the complex diagrams of spaceflight and an example of what such a rocket would look like. it was likely extremely intricate for someone who wasn't well versed in such things either. Cali was to some extent but even then she had her own limits.

"Ooooh, I've been on a rocket! I think. Big bro says we had one back in our old home, that mom were working on. Then bad stuff happened, and now it's gone. And I woke up in the forest around lots and lots of funny looking metal parts, with head ouchies. I dunno if that was the rocket, but he thinks it were. I bet if I could remember anything before the crash, I'd know too. And big bro wouldn't be so sad every time he shows me the picture of mom, and I dunno who it is."

Well, she knew who it were per se, since Molotov told her, but she couldn't remember her at all. Neither could she Molotov really, but he had presented her the evidence to whom he were, and it made total sense to her, so she accepted that he were family, and treated him as such.

She knew he kept hoping she'd just some day, magically remember everything, and that's why he kept showing her pictures, or some of her old inventions, but nothing had so far come of it. And it tended to make him rather sad. But the doctors had said that it might take a long time, due to the impact damage likely rattling her noggin around quite a bit.

Meanwhile, Cloudwatcher would breathe a sigh of relief, at nothing bad happening here, nor Luna going off further on Light, or any other. She really didn't want an argument here, and potentially had to deal with it. Especially since from what she had seen, Light and Cali, could make an argument a catastrophic event.

==================================================

@GingerLightning

On 2021-09-08 at 5:37 PM, GingerLightning said:

" he's kind of scary. But that's part of why bullies stopped bulling me, because they were scared of him.  If he visits can You not mess with him? I know he plays violin well, maybe I could talk him into playing if he visits. My mom Always imagined we could play a duet since I played cello. He doesn't play much anymore, It's kind of heart breaking. " She added

"I promise I won't mess with him, unless I see him being a bully. Especially towards my hive. I don't like it when somepony is being mean to my children."

Jovial and playful as she normally were, there'd be a certain degree of brief, predatory glimmer, going over Cheshire's eyes as she said this. While she might not physically harm another, she had many tricks up her sleeve, to make others regret messing with her hive, and she would happily use them, if some snooty changeling from the outside, came in and believed that he could stomp on them.

"And you play an instrument? Oh, I have got to see this later. I'll make Upbeat prepare a cello for later, and tell Symphonia that she's gonna have somepony around who knows how to play. She's gonna be thrilled. Don't worry though, I won't force an audience of outsiders upon you. It'll be something small and private. Just us changelings. Sounds good to you?"

Meanwhile, the puppy were done with his meal, and were now sniffing around the kitchen. Not for food, as he were well sated, but rather just to explore this strange room, and all the odd smells there were contained within. Starting around the cabinets, and then going irregularly clockwise. Depending on if one smell were suddenly more enticing to him than another.

=======================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 2021-09-08 at 7:35 PM, Windy Breeze said:

Her nose would caught the scent of cooked blueberry tarts, her eyes turning to Sorrow with confusion “Hey, are we supposed to wait for Cimex to return?”

"Ideally, but I don't think she'd want them to burn, and it's probably best to give you something to eat after that bash. Just one though, okay? The rest have to wait until Cimex is back. Hopefully it won't be long, but... Razor? Do you think you could go look for her, just ion case?"

She wasn't trying to tell him to go away for what he did, although tempting. It were more that she wanted him to go and do this, as he were better at not being seen, and seemingly not tethered. He'd be able to get some sort of answers for this easier, and see if she were perhaps just busy with customers.

On 2021-09-08 at 7:35 PM, Windy Breeze said:

“Get off me this instant-!” Shackle moved from just pasting her head to the ground to also muffling her voice so she couldn't scream for help, gritting his teeth as the changeling continues to struggle against his and Flinty's combined strength. The female gang member glares and yelled at Pop with clear annoyance.

“Oh, for Celestia's aske just give it to Blunt if you don't want to!”

Pop threw the rope at Blunt, as Cimex kept struggling and took off, heading out of the alley with great speed. This had gotten too violent for her. She didn't want to be caught up in this, and potentially get into trouble with the law. That were one reason why Needle told her not to get into too much trouble. She didn't want the law breathing down either of their necks, and right now, this were getting heated. She needed to rush to Needle, and inform her of what were going on. Before someone noted what were going on too, since Cimex had still managed to yap off, so somepony might have heard.

================================================================

@Starforce

On 2021-09-08 at 8:21 PM, Magnolia said:

"I do not hate my family, nor my siblings. I hate what I became because of them." Magnolia spoke ominously, yet truthfully. "I've wandered the land alone all these years in hopes of finding a way to deal my pain. But the rage, and sorrow is always there. My parents abandoned me when I was a foal, when I most needed someone there with me in order to guide me. It traumatized me, it ruined me. Then in the orphanage I found myself lonely. When I came of age I struck out into the world and I trained myself to survive in conditions that others couldn't." she sighs sadly and leans more into Fright.

Fright ran her floating hands down Magnolia's mane, as she listened in silence. The fingers were sharp, and the feeling chilly, yet she did her outmost to show compassion, and comfort the little pony. Such a horrid tale, of which she had only gotten the tiniest of tastes before. A solid bedrock of emotional distress, anger and fear that came from this... No wonder it had registered, as Magnolia wandered accidentally into her trial.

On 2021-09-08 at 8:21 PM, Magnolia said:

"But when I think of my siblings, I want them to share the same pain I did. I want them to understand what happened to me, because they likely don't know about as my parents have kept them in the dark. I should feel guilty for wanting that, but I don't. As wrong as that sounds...I don't know how to undo it from my heart but a simple talk or simple words may not change a whole lifetime's worth of rage." Magnolia spoke truthfully, but not confidently either. "I love my friend Zeehva...but I also find myself comforted by you, as well..." she looks up to Fright with filly like eyes, for that split second the rage in her heart was gone and replaced by that of a filly as if looking up to their mother.

Looking to the mint green flowing around Fright she would find herself interested. "Whats that? I am curious what that is and I haven't seen anything like that before." she stated.

There were empathy and warmth to find in the small irises, of Fright's deep seated eyes, as their gaze met. Even if you'd expect something looking up at something like her as a mother, to be some sort of unspeakable terror, destined to birth a new age of darkness. Wasn't the case here. It were just a pony led astray, by betrayal of those who should have stood by her.

"Dear child, it takes time to undo such a knot of anger and fear, which rests in your heart. Perhaps in some way, you'd always want them to feel hurt too, to make them feel as you do. But it is a feeling you must face, accept, and in the end, either overcome it, or learn to live with this dark thought, but without action behind it. If you give in, and follow this base temptation, it will not mark you as being right, or just. To them, you will not be family, but just someone who wants them harm, and in your parents eyes, you will see vindication, as they will think themselves right in casting you aside then.

The only path in which you become the victor, is to face your siblings, tell them how things were, and have become, and then let them come to you. Prove to them, that you are better than what were thought of you, even by yourself, by being the best pony, that the circumstances allows you to be.

Yet your path I fear, will be a long one, and words alone will not change much. I can only give you my advice, which would be to never give in. No matter how harsh your siblings may reply when you come to see them, do not give in, and harm them. Put yourself in their place, and attempt to think of how you would feel, if someo0ne came and told you that the ones you care the most for, were horrid towards you for no reason. Even without the family tie, this is a hard one to swallow, and they may need time to think, and come to regret their harsh words.

I believe your friend can help you remain in check. You seemed calmer around her, dear child. Make sure she goes with you, and helps anchor you to the light within you, despite the shadows seeming vast, and without end.

As for the mist, it is pure, unfiltered fear. Yours, that of others, my own- There are many sources for it. Magic allows it to be seen, but it is everywhere you may wander, as every creature which lives, also fears. It is but a natural part of life."

===================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-09-09 at 5:28 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Gah! Oh, I… where’d you come from?”

“There's no need to be alarmed, uncle. Omen can open gates to and from anywhere she likes.”

“Um… if you say so, but Omen? I appreciate you buying something but please don’t startle me like that again. I don’t think it’s a good idea to lower my life expectancy. Or lifespan for that matter.”

"Okay. I will not open this close to you again."

She'd expand it, wander through, and then close the gate behind her again. It seeme3d she had perhaps startled the longma a little? Or a lot? It were so hard to tell with creatures, if they didn't jump. They always jumped when Discord did this.

"What does life expectancy mean? And why did it get lower?"

"He means you could scare him so much, he might get seriously hurt, and die, Omen. You do understand some aspects of death, yes?"

"Dead means gone. Will not grow up again from the ground."

"Yes. And you don't want your friends uncle to go away forever, right?"

"No.

...I understand. I will open gates in front of friends now."

She didn't get all of it, as she didn't know what really made others scared, but she grasped enough to understand that appearing behind someone that didn't know her well, was not good for them. So she would open her gates in front now. So they could see her come. That would help then, yes? Or somewhere else, and walk closer. Many ways to do things now, and she needed to make decisions on what way to do it.

At the same time, Shade would float through the open door to the workshop after hearing the commotion. Once he determined nothing was wrong, he immediately went back to looking after the place. Seemed like it was nothing to worry about, though he wound up getting one more look at Omen peering through the gate. He couldn’t place it, but she was the one he needed to keep an eye on the next time something odd comes up.

“As for your question, we’re not exactly family. Sen’s and Lin’s father was a good friend of mine, and he liked the idea of me becoming an uncle to his children. I guess if a village is close enough to each other, you’d probably run into lots of folks who refer to each other as uncles and aunts. Worst thing that could happen is someone losing count of how many aunts and uncles they have.”

Shade would find a few dozen eyes glancing back at him briefly, before the gates closed, which would likely not help his view on Omen. Yet as the gates closed, that were it. The unformed ones couldn't open gates themselves, nor step through. So they would return to what they were doing, until another sibling would open a gate, and giving them something else to look at.

"It is a rather common thing to do for various races. Dragons less so, but ponies, and griffins, tend to do so rather often. Minotaurs consider it a taboo though, as to them,. bloodline is a very important thing. They tend to use variations of hunting sister, or war brother. Regardless, in your situation, blood or not, I can imagine it still means a lot to Sen and Lin to have found you. Family, in all it's shapes and forms, are important."

"When our siblings have children, we call them nieces and nephews. Mother says it suits many worlds."

It were of course not the same one, but this were one of the words used to describe it, and they all meant the same. The four words - niece, nephew, uncle, and aunt - were something they knew in about three hundred languages or so. Some of them could only be said underwater, others were more vibrations that came during screams. One of them, if spoken out loud, would make your ears bleed. Mother preferred they didn't use that one often.

“Well then, when you’re ready to get the measurements for your custom furniture, let me or Kiba know. We’ll get it done. And speaking of preparations, anything I should know about your preferred meals? I’d be an awful host if I got you something you wouldn’t like. The question’s also for you, Miss Omen. Anything I should know about what you like or don’t like?”

"I eat anything. Fire is good."

"To elaborate, she can literally eat anything, including the plates, and the table. If you use charcoal to roast something though, you can serve them to her as a preference, after they have been used. She have taken a fair liking to fire, in many variations by now. As an example, she ate a lit candle, the last time she fed."

"It were chewy. Charcoal is crunchy. Rocks are crunchier."

"I can only imagine. And as for myself, any fruit or vegetable that is juicy will suit me well. Oranges, watermelon, or cucumbers, are easy example. And considering Shrimp will be joining too, and likely find himself left out, and begging at the table if he is not given something too, he does best with dried fruit. I know he looks draconic, but he cannot eat meat."

As his name were called out, Shrimp would finally lift his head, and let out a large yawn, before looking around. He'd blink in confusion as he saw Uddu and Kiba, as he wasn't used to seeing other longma, but he were behaving well. He thought of them as part of his flock, so he weren't gonna be as easily cranky around them,. as say, ponies.

He'd lift one of his small arms, and scratch himself under the cheek, with hid golden claws. Then take his tail up, and start to gnaw around the base, to itch a little better there, though deeper. He'd be fine. The teeth weren't strong enough to harm his scales at this age.

=========================================================================================

@Widdershins

On 2021-09-11 at 6:42 AM, Widdershins said:

Standing upright now, but still dizzy and not stopping to gain balance first, the Kirin wobbled towards Cover Up leaving a broad, if not dirt-gouging path in its wake and nearly wrecking the erstwhile pristine, pretty meadow it had been earlier. Kirins looked graceful, clearly this one hadn't the practice.

Cover Up cringed as he saw the kirin stumble, and crash forward. He did not find things such as this funny, as he worried that there were a serious injury perhaps impeding the stability of the other one, so laughter did not come to mind for him. Plus, even if it did, it would seem rude to laugh at him, and he didn't want to be rude. That didn't seem very Equestrian, and he wanted to fit in, at least a little. Wasn't like he'd be going back to the home land after all. That place were a hazardous country, that he had had heard quite enough about, to understand that whilst they had great culture, it were not for him.

He's walk forward, to try and meet the kirin head on, rather than letting him stumble too much and potentially crash into a tree, or something like that. Cover Up would have asked if he were okay, but he kept talking as he wandered forward, and it probably wouldn't get better if he interrupted the odd creature. Then he'd definitely be seen as rude, and who knew what his kind did to rude beings? Impaled them, perhaps?

On 2021-09-11 at 6:42 AM, Widdershins said:

"Like, Local to what, man? There stuff here? Because I kinda just picked a direction when I started! I got-... I got lost, wandered when I did! Ya have any, like, running water or the like? I'm, like... It's totally dirty out here! I could use a bath!"

Several things would become apparent as this Kirin approached him babbling with what was likely several coinciding thoughts & questions. Probably why the animals had fled was that most prefer to not be around ponies prone to wild, loud uncontrolled motions like this and were likely chased off by such a ditzy, silly horse. Second was the unique smell coming off him as he tottered closer, a sort of clean yet dirty smell like what came off a used grill, like places that flashed into sudden heat too fast to get dirty for too long. A unique, yet natural smell that one only tended to get around picnic areas or areas where lightining had recently struck.  And lastly.... If Cover Up had wanted a calm moment away from "outgoing ponies" then that boat had proverbially sailed!

"Yes sir, there's a town, very close. It's called Ponyville, and uhm.. Are you okay sir? Your balance seems a little off.

And running water... W-Well, I have a room at the inn, but Bubble Tea wouldn't like it if we dragged mud in on her floor. Maybe if we could just, get the worst off at the river, and I could take you there then? Just promise you won't make her mad, please? I need the room."

As he wasn't a local resident, he really did need the room. Otherwise, he wouldn't have a roof over his head. And Bubble Tea were scary when she were in a bad mood. He'd prefer that it didn't go that route.

And speaking of route, the river were nearby, and if the kirin would allow it, Cover Up would guide him as best he could in that westward direction. He should be able to get the worst mud and oddly, burning smell off of him like that. Odd combination... Maybe he stumbled into an old campfire? Would explain the smell, and on the bright side, at least it hadn't been lit if that was the case. Cover Up had done tattoo work for burn victims, that wanted the marks covered, and it was pretty bad looking sometimes. Hopefully he wouldn't find something underneath all the dirt and mud once this curious guest had a shower, but if it were, at least he could help with it, to some extend.

=====================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

The sunset was beautiful. Full of a nice color, and with shadows that stretched across the town. Some of them seemed to slowly increase in size even. Like one that almost looked like it were headed right for them, as if something were blocking them from up hi-

"W-Woah! Watch out!"

Something suddenly crashed down in front of the two, having swooped unevenly down from the nearby roof. A dragon it would turn around, around the height of a pony, if he stood on all four, and roughly double as long. His hands were gauzed up around the palm, indicating that he had cut himself in some way, and he were wearing two saddlebags. One of them were open, and showed some gauze, some random items that wasn't viewable at this angle, and rolling down the side, were a small bottle of disinfectant.

"...Urgh, times like this, I'm happy to have belly scales... Did I hit anyone?"

He'd get back on his hands and feet - showing he were one of those who mostly walked on all fours - and shook the dust from his being, before looking around. IN the opposite direction first though, so they'd be able to give him a shock if they were quick ,and felt somewhat devious.

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-09-12 at 11:30 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Lot of assumptions." Ruby calmly stated "Assuming these are here long enough for someone to find them, why you assume whoever would find them would know me, not to mention know what I am?" "Only way for them to be found would be a burglar, and if we are to assume that they would be willing to reveal their own crime to report it, I would still have plenty of time to remove all evidence of it." "And even in case I wasn't here and thus couldn't do that, all they would have would be the fact that a pony has the skeleton of another pony, there's no proof I killed it, no sign it was ever buried, no proof of any crime happening, because while certainly weird, there isn't any law forbidding the ownership of bones, it just happens that most, not all, but most ways to get bones are illegal." "You may have more experience with Equestria, but you are underestimating my intelligence and capability to think of and prepare for things that may go wrong." "Because unlike some, I do learn from my mistakes." 

"I'd never call you stupid, Ruby. But there are things you're not thinking about,. since you assume that someone would always be noticed, if they came in and noted a skeleton. Ponyville is known for monster attacks, so someone might well get thrown into your house, or it gets exposed from an attack, and then, you could hardly blame another for that skeleton. It's clearly not new after all.

And while it's not illegal to own bones, having a pony skeleton would still cause an investigation, unless you have some paperwork on it, or can show you are a doctor of some kind, that have a proper reason to own it. And even then, there'd come a great stigma, and you'd get a good deal of unwanted attention.

I'm never hoping it would happen, but Ponyville have a volatile reputation. That's why I worry about you, Ruby. As much as it seems a stretch, and you feel certain you can get out of it, I still see potentially bad circumstances, unlikely as they might be. It comes from my time of adapting, and planning out contingencies, in case things go overly awry. Also part of caring for another, is to worry about them. And like it or not, I care about both of you greatly."

Odd really, considering that usually when she ran into dragons with Ruby's... Preferences, and way of being around other dragons, she tended to shun them, and get rather annoyed if they even attempted to get near her. And yet here she were, worried about the safety of one who could clearly take care of herself, as well as treating her younger half-brother like an adoring elder sister would. At least one of her sort, as they were more tightly knit than Ruby's version, who'd probably have him beaten up normally. Sure they'd beat up runts in her area too, but that was just in play, most of the time. Dragons did like bashing one another around when they were young after all.

"But that aside, Charir indeed looks impressed, most likely believes these are trophies, a wrong assumption, but not one necessary to correct, he is small and young, so even the tiniest of victory seems big to him." she didn't need to even ask to know all this, after all, she had been a hatchling too, granted she was normal size, but still.

Well, the impressed stance were understandable. This were the room of a predator, and despite running away from his home land, he were still raised to be supposed to be like this. For him, this were probably home improvement that made things feel nice and cozy. Maybe she should find him a nice place eventually, with some good, malleable rocks that he could easier impale trophies on... A thought for the future perhaps.

"The young are impressionable beings. Maybe we should teach him how to properly take apart a prey animal sometimes, so he can have some hides hanging around himself? I'm sure he'd feel mighty proud at having his own trophy room somewhere, and strive to compete with you in some fashion. Sibling rivalry have many faces.

Maybe show him what you're the most proud of in your collection, and tell him how you got it? If he's enthralled by the sight, maybe he'll enjoy your hunting stories too?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"Please ease yourself friend, we mean you no harm. I cannot remember having met you before, yet you may have seen me in the forest. I tend for it, and the animals within most times. This is my longest trip to this town in fact. As is it for my friends here.

My name if Lyriel, and they are Scarecrow, and Crow. We are of the forest, though in different ways. Might I ask whom you are? A nature enthusiast by chance? There is a certain... Kindred aura to you. One which I sometimes feel among those who often wander around nature often."

It were a peculiar pony this one, yet she approached with a warm smile, and soothing words, as she would towards most others. Even if this one were perplexing her somewhat, as he were unlike other ponies she had met. Not the feeling she had so much, as his way of being. The nervousness were not something she saw a lot of with ponies, and not to this degree, certainly. And his stance... She couldn't say why, but it reminded her of a large feline, instead of an equine. The subtle sway of the back, and the tip toeing... Surely she were just imagining things though. Why would a pony wander the path of a feline?

Maybe if she learned more, she would grow to understand him. And in turn, perhaps he'd come to trust them, rather than be frightened. It seemed awfully exhausting to be like this, as often as this poor equine seemed to be.

=================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Technically you're right, while part of the Solar guard, guard is a misleading title, I was more of a soldier, I didn't guard anything, my unit mainly attacked." "And I won't deny I've done terrible things, but you're mistaken to think we all enjoyed it." Solar explained, as calmly as ever "Not all of us just are brave enough to rebel." he looked towards the kobolds as he said the last part, as robotic as he sounded most of the time, this sounded like genuine statement, his tone implied some amount of respect towards the two lizards .

"Smart creatures do not try and rebel against a force which vastly out-scales them in power. That much we can agree on. I merely remarked about how I saw your ranks, as I have heard of other places, where the military feels emboldened, and what that kind attracts. The less of that there is to find here, the better."

She did not apologize for her words. Just acknowledging that he may be speaking true, and that she spoke from second hoof experience. Nothing were assured when it came to a large group of individuals. Some would be rebellious. Others would be there only because they felt forced to. And yet others, would be there because they were bullies by nature, and enjoyed the power they had in their position. You could transition between them, such as bullies regretting their actions, or those feeling forced, coming to enjoy being a bully, but that is why nothing could be brushed over as purely black, or white. There were layers to everything. That's why Onache liked her specialty. She could see the layers of other beings. Normally that were. This one were still irritatingly impossible to read for her, in the same way.

"I'm not one to assume the motivations of others, and considering I'm not as familiar with your species's way of thinking and level of intelligence as I am with most others, I have no way of knowing how far you would go to just deal with a source of annoyance." dragons for example were sometimes petty enough to go quite far to just get rid of slight annoyance. "And while I'm certain the Princesses are keeping as much of an eye on me than they want me keeping on any newcomers, I can assure you I am no danger to this land, my 'past ways' were to simply follow orders, I never took any enjoyment out of the things I did, this certainly is no excuse for what I have done, but it means that I have no desire to continue doing those awful things." "The princesses have given me a new chance I certainly don't deserve, and I'm not planning to ruin it, and thus I keep doing what I'm good at, following orders and painting." 

"Let me make it abundantly clear how my kind works. Specifically, the role of a queen: To provide for, and nurture her hive. Ensuring everyone remains fed is the most important part of that, and as we feast on emotions, we act to harvest.  If we do not eat, we will starve. If we starve enough, or the eggs does not get fed enough emotions, before hatching, we end up with mindlessness. A state from which there is no return, and we are like feral beasts, mindlessly hunting for beings to feast from. It falls to the hive to cull their own, who reaches that state.

I've had to do so. And to cull my own eggs, because I did not want them to hatch like that, simply because there were no food to find. There were no lengths I wouldn't go to, to keep my hive from that, and if one showed up as a threat to my efforts? I would break them in ways you couldn't imagine.

Hmph. This is something you have to keep in mind, if you face other real queens, or the drones they sent to collect. We hunt for food, to feed our families. The part that makes us the monsters others fear, is that for us, ponies are the ideal prey to harvest that from. And some get very... Enthusiastic, in extracting it.

But that is the normal kind, where you would see us stand dark, and holed. This... Variation I am now, or what you may call it, does not need to hunt for that anymore. Remember that if you see our kind, and remember what I said: We are motivated to hunt for food. Our abilities makes it possible, and our minds works well to adapting to things, so it would be unwise to underestimate us. Even the hiveless may surprise you, and they do not heed the word of any queen, leaving their motivations all their own."

She'd shift her form between that of her disguise, her new true form, and the olden one she had. The newer being of course, fluffier and more colorful, whereas her old self, looked dark, brooding, and imposing. If he had thought the look in her eyes before were unkind, or demeaning, he may miss that, when seeing the dark pits of her irises, stare at him with a calculated, predatory stare. As if assessing for a brief moment, if he were her next meal.

She'd stop at her disguised form again at the end, to not draw too much attention. She did not overly care for that.

"So, you hear I have a change in motivation, and so you claim to have. I doubt either of us trusts the other on words alone, and will judge by action? Extend that towards them too. Thus far, they have not done anything, and I have doubts they will cause too much of a ruckus. If so, there will be lines drawn. I do not intent to do what I do best on them, but if needed, I will do what is in their best interest."

Free will were overrated at times, and if the two suddenly began to cause trouble, it were the best for them, if she forcefully steered them back on track. They could complain to her if they so wished to, but their free will ended, where it began to affect their chance of remaining free physically. At least it did so for her.

What came to the mug, they didn't say anything about it, but it could be seen they weren't as big fans of it as the changeling, mainly because ponies standing over other species had quite the different implication to them, it may have happened long before they hatched, but the scars of Equestria's attack against their kind were long reaching. But, while they weren't fans of the implication, Sheska still asked "Who is, or was that?" pointing at Chrysalis, and surprisingly enough, Solar kept his mouth shut, letting Onache answer instead. 

"Queen Chrysalis. The usurper of my old hive, who won our battle of queens, and in turn, took us into service in her expanding one. Had she been a strong queen in anything by numbers, I would have tolerated her more, yet she were a failure of a queen. She cared only for numbers, and not how to keep everyone fed. The amount of changelings that were going mindless were rivalling that of our most infamous hives of old, and she did not even take care of it herself. She sent others out to do that for her, such as me, when she elected to starve one of mine to that point..."

Onache's stare got cold, and hate-filled, as she narrowed her gaze on the depiction of Chrysalis. Insolent little gnat of a queen, aspiring to be even more than the council itself.

"Hubris was her downfall. She were foolish enough to think she could overtake Canterlot through deception and numbers alone, and then spend her remaining time in charge of what remained of her hive, failing them in further attacks, led on by pure, spiteful vengeance. Until in time, a drone ascended, and took her hive from her. Last I heard, she were on the run, to parts unknown, and disowned by the council of queens, for her repeated failures.

This depiction, is one interpretation of those who thwarted her the most, and as my disdain for her as both a queen, and a changeling, is immeasurable, this mug amuses me. A fitting fixture to place within my new domicile."

========================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-09-13 at 5:04 AM, Rising Dusk said:

For now, the weary shinny detective crawled up onto one of the padded beds, laying on his front for the inevitable massage.  "Oh you simply must, darling.  The mud does wonders for your complexion and cost.  You'll be silky for weeks," Grace explained, showing off her silky smooth coat caused by the mud.  Not as glowing or pristine as Rising's treatment, but at least matched in feeling.  No amount of soaps or shampoos were going to accomplish that without some hefty magics.  Soon she also joined in, picking out a separate bed and lay upon.  The pegasus had already started with a wing massage, but not it was time for the rest of her body.  "Anything you'd like Lily," Dawn smiled, elegantly taking up her own bed as well.  "It does feel strange the first time, as a proper lady hardly is prepared for such ventures into mud.  Trust us darling, the mud works," she affirmed with a nod.

"I think I know what to do next then. After a nice, calming massage."

Well, calming after a certain point likely. She hadn't tried something like this in ages, and even in her younger years originally, she had to do a lot of hard work, so the massage likely had some muscles to soften up. That part were likely gonna be a little painful, but she'd endure it. It were but the path to relaxation, and it probably wouldn't be so bad for all that long.

And just think of the feeling that would come, once she were opened up, and could just lay here, with her body in full relaxation. The thought alone were enthralling to her already relaxed mind and body.

She wasn't sure if she were supposed to dry off, before going unto the massage table, so she'd follow suit of what Grace did. Lily were still watching her regardless after all, due to her shiny coat, showing off one more time that the mud treatment - as odd as it seemed to her - did wonders. If she had the chance for this whole thing, before she had been given her years back... She'd have felt forty years younger with ease. No wonder Equestrians liked this enough to have such a large place, made for relaxation treatments of various kinds.

She'd start her massage by laying herself on the bench on her stomach. She were rather sure that her back needed the most attention after all, but if the masseuse figured otherwise, she'd turn to whatever position he or she thought best. They were the professional in this matter, so she would likely do best in heeding their advice.

On 2021-09-13 at 5:04 AM, Rising Dusk said:

Things were much easier when done on good terms for all parties involved.  Her mother took more notice now that she was reading it.  "What's that dear?" she inquired.  "A friend wants to meet me for tea," she replied simply.  Not too uncommon these days for such simply messages to be pony delivered, meaning it was probably from Dawn's more high class circles.

"Must be one who knows you well, to know where to look. One well off too, unless silver have less value here, than where I am from."

Granted, the value were nothing alike, as Harrowmark did not have a lot of natural metal to harvest from. Not naturally occurring stuff at least, so silver were more value for them for the things they did use it for, than it were in Equestria likely. That being said, it wasn't exactly the tray of a pauper either. Silver-plated were not too uncommon, but engraved, pure silver were the sign of higher class, to some extend.

Perhaps Rising would be able to somehow, track this one back to Scarcity, but then what? It were but an invitation to drink tea, and the parchment meant as a convenient way to not waste paper. There were nothing there that were in any way incriminating. In fact, Scarcity had wished to meet the detective before, as she found him a peculiar one, from the stories she heard, and were somewhat curious.

One might think someone in her profession, were less willing to meet him, but what had she to fear? IN the public eye, she were but a wealthy antiques dealer, and a pillar of the Canterlot community, as she made sizable donations to various things, as well as giving important, historical antiques that she got in her possession, to various museums. Sure there were a tax break incentive, but that did not mean it wasn't still a good thing.

Her other side were well hidden, and she took careful, painstaking methods in use, to ensure that she wouldn't be connected to something too incriminating. Or if she did, the evidence would vanish. So yes, she'd happily meet Rising, as a friend of his sister. It would  likely be utterly delightful.

The courier wouldn't say a thing, just give a cordial bow, as the message were read, rewritten, and then given back, before leaving. No need to interrupt the ladies with foolish words. They had better things to do, than listen to a mere courier, certainly. Especially since they could grill this one much as they wanted. There weren't anything to learn, that'd get them anything, beyond Scarcity giving the courier a list of places to likely find Dawn. Starting with her home, and working out from there.

"*sigh* It's hard to be paranoid, in a place like this. It's so calming, I could almost fall asleep."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Thanks, Omen, but I just meant to say that I startle easily. I’m not sure what to make of you, but by the looks of this, you stuck around your friends enough for them to be familiar with you. If they’re at ease with you, I guess I can be at ease as well. Thank you, too, Mister Rosa, for the kind words. I’m feeling a lot of things right now, but knowing my niece and nephew are safe lets me rest easy, even if seeing them opened some old wounds.”

Resting easy was putting it lightly. There were some things Uddo preferred to keep to himself, and feeling more than relieved to know his old friend’s children were alive and safe. He was often told stories about how Sen was training to become a hunter, and perhaps that training paid off if he was able to survive away from home for all these years. Lin was a stranger case, but maybe she might have picked up a thing or to to help her get by as well. Then there’s the odd cadre of beings, or friends, assembled here with them. Regardless of their strangeness, they were pretty tight-knit, and who was the longma to question about how it came to be?

Now the conversation turned to the evening’s plans, and while Uddo and Kiba got the gist of longma diets and Rosa’s preferred meals, but Omen’s choice really ramped up the odd factor. Next to Shrimp and dried fruit, charcoal was about as unexpected as things could get. Burning coal… that’s going to be something. Kiba knew of this from earlier, but hearing it again didn’t make it easier to swallow. 

“Yeah… Uh, father, I guess it’s best if we just… go along with it. And Miss Omen? Don’t take it the wrong way if Shade is giving you the glare. He’s just doing his job. Running security means he has to be careful and vigilant.”

“Mmm… We’ll try to find some charcoal for you, Miss Omen, but I’ll still set some fruits and vegetables in case we couldn’t have your preference ready. It won’t hurt to have options. I suppose I can’t keep you here longer than necessary if you have other matters to attend to. Still got a business to run and all, right? 

“It’s good meeting you all. I guess this isn’t goodbye for now because we’ll be seeing each other again very soon!”

The siblings didn’t have any further business here, but it was good for them to meet someone familiar to the family. With the way things went, perhaps Rosa may find settling in to the old town of Canterlot a little easier, or perhaps it was just easier to forget how they found themselves here in the first place. The siblings had no idea other longma lived in the area, and perhaps all of this was just a pleasant coincidence. 

On 2021-09-13 at 12:09 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Yes sir, there's a town, very close. It's called Ponyville, and uhm.. Are you okay sir? Your balance seems a little off.

"What? No, no, no. I'm fine! Like.... you ever camp, man?..."

He should be able to get the worst mud and oddly, burning smell off of him like that. Odd combination... Maybe he stumbled into an old campfire? Would explain the smell, and on the bright side, at least it hadn't been lit if that was the case. Cover Up had done tattoo work for burn victims, that wanted the marks covered, and it was pretty bad looking sometimes. Hopefully he wouldn't find something underneath all the dirt and mud once this curious guest had a shower, but if it were, at least he could help with it, to some extent.

That'd be an odd observation. Clumsy he might be, but the kirin looked far too naturally immaculate to have bruises, not unlike a wild fox. While he certainly felt dirty, he wasn't caked or had much of any visible mar of dirt on him. Indeed, as dense a waterfall of curly mane he had, surely that would have leaves and sticks sticking out of it like most ponies were. Just that eerie natural scent of a forgotten, once-used fireplace or the ozone burning in the air after a thunderstorm strikes. A smell that was getting more noticeable...

"Because i've taken a tumble before, I have! Sure! You go backpacking, living off the land, you're bound to walk right off a cliff face and fall several dozen feet into a rock valley! You get used to it! You do!! You respect Nature, because, like you never know how fast it changes?!"

The kirin seemed to be getting progressively more energetic with each passing, punctuated sentence as if his rant was getting him further and further from whatever point he had started from. And it started to smell more like lit gunpowder now...

"Ever fall into brambles and spend better part of two days trying to get out? Thank sparks, I've got scratch resistant scales, I tell you what?!! You ever get divebombed by six fat, lil' beetles just because you had honey the night before and the little blights can smell it on your breath?!! Agh! I just HATE-!"

A small, centered, focused heat wave radiated out like opening the door to a forge furnace or oven, that'd instantly dry the eyes out or flinch those who hadn't regularly worked with such tools. The grass around the kirin was blasted off in a perfect, but tight circle down to bare, dry dirt and what would stand before Cover Up when he looked back would be the white eyed, black skinned fury of a Kirin's alternate form. Foomph!

908516976_Kirinflameform.thumb.png.c6ada578375b75dd162dd7035a573f9e.png*Oof, didn't expect it to be that large!

Insects!!! 

Maybe if we could just, get the worst off at the river, and I could take you there then? Just promise you won't make her mad, please? I need the room."

And then, just as fast, in a matter of seconds like steaming water cooling off, those flaming vapors and nearly booming voice of elemental fury would die off and the kirin returned without the slightest harm or notice to the fluffy haired individual he was before and gave Cover Up an amused, friendly face and question as if nothing more had happened then a bolt of lighting striking down on him on what had hereto been a pleasant, sunny day.

"Oh cool! What's an Inn, man? 

...Oh, oops! Don't think I've introduced myself!

I'm Whett!"

Edited by Widdershins

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali sighed and gently placed her hand on Blitz's head. "I...am sorry to hear that. I probably shouldn't say this to you but this will be something for you to find out with your big brother when he wakes up. Your mom might have died in that rocket accident. I hope I am wrong, but that could have been the case." she said with a great deal of sympathy in her word she said continuing to pat Blitz. It was clear thatshe was saddened by that. She knew how innocent Blitz was, but she also needed to know the truth behind these circumstances someday. 

@Blitz Boom

The small white mare leans into the touch and enjoys the feeling of Fright's hands stroking through her mane. It felt good. As much as she didn't usually admit it to others she did enjoy physical touch from others. Given that Magnolia were a lonely mare she got none of it until she had met Zeehva. She lifted up a hoof and purred slightly at the pet and closed her eyes in comfort, listening to Fright's comforting words as she spoke. 

"All your points are valid...it will be hard to locate and find my family but when I do I hope I will be able to make amends as unlikely as it is. I will do my best to heed your word and advice...you um, have had a lot of experience with fear no doubt in my mind...I uh...I think one time someone or you said that you were not so good as you are now?" Magnolia asked, struggling to really find the words. Fright had said so much that she didn't know what to exactly say in reply to her. But she tried her best, and Magnolia felt calm. 

@Starforce @Windy Breeze@Blitz Boom

" hmmm... There's something wrong in this scenario... Something inconsistent." Light mumbled.

Light kept on pondering but couldn't put a hoof to it. 

" It's been bugging me ever since... The story seems off... Now a rocket ship is involved on how your parents are missing?.... Oh well... It'll eventually show itself ...."

"Oh Cali.... Maybe you should've let Molotov break the news or talked about it with him first.... That was just careless and insensitive...even for you..." 

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-09-14 at 4:56 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Thanks, Omen, but I just meant to say that I startle easily. I’m not sure what to make of you, but by the looks of this, you stuck around your friends enough for them to be familiar with you. If they’re at ease with you, I guess I can be at ease as well. Thank you, too, Mister Rosa, for the kind words. I’m feeling a lot of things right now, but knowing my niece and nephew are safe lets me rest easy, even if seeing them opened some old wounds.”

Omen looked unblinkingly at Uddo. She considered saying something for a moment, about getting startled, but she could only do so in the context of Discord, off the top of her head. And she had given her word to not bring him up again, when they were around other longma. A promise that she intended to keep. Though she'd think of something later, more than likely. Like the time the others thought she had exploded.

"If it helps, Omen are incapable of causing you harm. It is forbidden by her mother, and to them,. her word is law. That being said, worry not about their safety. If Omen sees danger, she will have it sent away. If I do... Well, I'm less subtle than her. They'll be safe."

Sure there were many subtle ways that Rosa could handle things, but the direct approach, when it came to attackers, tended to work the best. Chokeholds, thrown knives at the right places, various points of the body he knew where to hit to make the most impact, etc. Though Omen's were likely the simplest, yet most effective. They charged towards them? Gate opens, they go in, she closes it, and opens one somewhere else. It were less handling it, and more just relocating it, but you couldn't argue with the results.

On 2021-09-14 at 4:56 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Yeah… Uh, father, I guess it’s best if we just… go along with it. And Miss Omen? Don’t take it the wrong way if Shade is giving you the glare. He’s just doing his job. Running security means he has to be careful and vigilant.”

“Mmm… We’ll try to find some charcoal for you, Miss Omen, but I’ll still set some fruits and vegetables in case we couldn’t have your preference ready. It won’t hurt to have options. I suppose I can’t keep you here longer than necessary if you have other matters to attend to. Still got a business to run and all, right? 

“It’s good meeting you all. I guess this isn’t goodbye for now because we’ll be seeing each other again very soon!”

"I do not mind Shade. He reminds me of our siblings. Mother would find him curious."

The somewhat familiarity, combined with Omen unable to recognize and understand fear properly, meant that Shade really didn't intimidate her, or make her nervous in any way. Glaring also wouldn't get him far, considering that Omen didn't blink. Not a trait that Hammond or Lin shared, which meant it was a choice by Discord, but as to why... Who knew? Might be he just found it funny.

"It is fine if you find nothing. I do not need to eat."

"We'll find out what will happen. I thank you for your hospitality, Uddo and Kiba, and we will be looking forward to tonight. Customers are bound to show up soon, and we also do have a meeting to attend, so we will get out of your hair for now. I bid you farewell, until we meet again."

Rosa would bow towards them. An action that Omen and Hammond attempted to do too, with Omen doing best. Albeit slowly, she did mimic it well, whereas Hammond tried, and ended up making a roll. After that, he'd get up on his back paws, shake his head, and then crawl over on Omen, so that he could crawl up and meet with Shrimp. The refraction were thrilled to see his new friend there, and gave off a small chirp of joy. Then he'd start to rub his head against the soft fur of the small creature, whom in turn, stroked Shrimp like someone petting a snake. They seemed well occupied honestly, so that was good.

Unless there were more, Rosa would lead them towards the entrance/exit, where they'd pass a pair of young aristocrats, judging by the outfits, who looked around with curious, intrigued eyes. Especially towards a well ornamented desk. Perhaps there'd be some sales here, if Kiba and Uddo could smooth-talk them well.

================================================

@Widdershins

On 2021-09-15 at 3:58 AM, Widdershins said:

"What? No, no, no. I'm fine! Like.... you ever camp, man?..."

"I do, sir. More out of necessity, since I don't have a home anymore."

A depressing thought, yet sadly a constant in his life, that he couldn't just get away from. His home were in ruins, his family, and all others he had known his entire life, had just seemingly vanished... What did he really have anymore? A weak hope that they may be alive, and a constant thought that if they were, they had left him behind without caring. And if they hadn't, they were dead, and he had to try and fit into the odd culture of Equestria. As well as find himself somewhere that were his own eventually, and settle down. Somewhere with other ponies. He didn't want to be a loner, living in the forest. In his culture, those who were like that, tended to go mad and do horrible things. He did not want to end up like that.

On 2021-09-15 at 3:58 AM, Widdershins said:

Insects!!! 

On 2021-09-14 at 1:09 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Maybe if we could just, get the worst off at the river, and I could take you there then? Just promise you won't make her mad, please? I need the room."

And then, just as fast, in a matter of seconds like steaming water cooling off, those flaming vapors and nearly booming voice of elemental fury would die off and the kirin returned without the slightest harm or notice to the fluffy haired individual he was before and gave Cover Up an amused, friendly face and question as if nothing more had happened then a bolt of lighting striking down on him on what had hereto been a pleasant, sunny day.

"Oh cool! What's an Inn, man? 

...Oh, oops! Don't think I've introduced myself!

I'm Whett!"

The kirin might be many things, but right in this moment, he were one thing more than anything else to Cover Up: Horrifying.

At first, he had just sounded like he were getting more enthused about taking about the wilderness. Which he hadn't minded. Some beings really liked being out in nature, and seemingly, this one were one of them. The odd smell he just sorta assumed were because he were getting closer, and now could get a good enough look, and smell, to know that the kirin definitely hadn't been in a campfire. That wouldn't smell like this. And what he assumed were mud, were just some hair he hadn't figured were just natural on the creature. Frankly, he had assumed it were just some sorta mud, moss, etc. combo, stuck to him. Like with dragons. There were much he didn't know about this creature, that were for sure.

The one thing he had not wanted to learn though, included the self-immolating that Whett had suddenly done, as well as raise his voice, and torch some of the grass around him. He looked scarier by far like this, and very angry. And that were the point where Cover Up went pale, while the weak smile on his face withered and died.

Now, a smart being had likely just run off right there and then. Cover Up... Were apparently not smart enough to try, and instead went down to the ground, held his hooves above his head, and shivered with closed eyes, clearly awaiting something horrible to happen to him. Specialfly, getting set on fire.

"I-I'll call you whatever you w-want sir, just p-please don't set me on fire! I b-beg of you."

It probably wouldn't be as bad as what Cover Up thought. Which were basically that he were going to be set ablaze, by some sort of demon stallion with powerful magics. He'd probably just get laughed at for acting like this, and Whett would learn that Cover Up most definitely had never met a kirin before. It'd probably amuse him. Or make him angry, and Cover Up would be burning soon. So hard to predict how these awkward social interactions could go, right?

============================================================

@Starforce

On 2021-09-15 at 5:19 AM, Magnolia said:

"All your points are valid...it will be hard to locate and find my family but when I do I hope I will be able to make amends as unlikely as it is. I will do my best to heed your word and advice...you um, have had a lot of experience with fear no doubt in my mind...I uh...I think one time someone or you said that you were not so good as you are now?" Magnolia asked, struggling to really find the words. Fright had said so much that she didn't know what to exactly say in reply to her. But she tried her best, and Magnolia felt calm. 

"It were I, and I wasn't. Observe the forest. Tell me, what do you see?

What I see, is life as it were. Dark forests, where I roamed, and preyed on fears. This is the life I had. A seemingly formless shadow in the wild, changing shapes to fit my prey, or my whim. Or rather, I were not formless, but I hid myself from view so much, and changed to adapt to their fears, that I forgot my shape over time.

But what I do not forget, is the loneliness. With what I did, and what I could know, even my own kin were hesitant to be near me. Half the time, I chased ponies not so much for food, but for company of sorts, brief as it were.

I were not a good being then. Scaring others were all that mattered to me, even when I felt alone, so I were resented, and caused a lot of physical, and mental harm to others. And in honesty, I did so with ease, as I did not care for them. They were just playthings. Prey. A lesser race, whose natural place were to be there for our amusement..."

A somber, sad tone had mixed into Fright's voice as she recalled the olden days. And as she did, she would wave one of her hand, which manifested a group of ethereal ponies, running away in utter terror, from a large ghost, with a gaping maw. And within that maw, were the cries and faces of other ponies, tormented in their imprisonment. An illusion even then, but it worked, as the terror they felt were genuine.

"I told you before too, that all creatures feared? That holds true, even for me, as this is what I fear. To return to whom I once were, and be a lone shadow in the darkness, waiting to strike at the unsuspecting. Even if there were never malice in my actions, my kind plays many tricks, that we don't think of the impact of, for lesser durable beings. Such as ponies, like yourself.

Yet, I do not run from my past. Within my sanctum, I meditate over the nature of fear, in a forest of the past. Here, I can reflect with the wisdom of the presence, to learn from the mistakes of the past, without becoming that which I fear. All started, by the actions of a single being, who embraced his fear.

Before I return you to her, would you like to see his memorial? Perhaps you would find it enlightening."

==========================================================

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Blitz took the pats with a smile, and despite what Cali said, looked no more sad at all from hearing her theory.

"Big bro says everypony went missing from our town. Something went through and took them all. Lots of guards, looking for clues now. I think mom was still there. Nothing in the wreck, that's for sure. I gathered it aaaaaall up, and used it to make a hut! Hehe, it was some good metal. Hard to melt though, but it was in lots and lots of small pieces. Itty bitty parts, all around the crater.

The ones in Ponyville got really surprised when they found me out there, making fun stuff. Sent me all over the place, but I kept sneaking back. Too many things to do. I wonder if the wood puppies have snuck in since I left? I miss the wood puppies. They were fun to play with, and their bark is really good for firework casings."

Cloudwatcher got a twitch by her eye, as this rang a bell with her. A snippet she heard about some crazy foal that had briefly been sent to the Canterlot Orphanage, before disappearing. Hopefully she was wrong on that account.

Blitz then used her horn to do some patting of her own, via telekinesis. Specifically, using it to work her wing, to pat Light with, as he were getting all serious and weird again.

"Awh, don't be sad, metal friend. The world is full of happy and fun. Big bro would love talking family though. He brings them up a lot. I think he misses them. Hehe, guess I should too, but I dunno, they look like fun ponies, but hard to miss them when I can't remember them. Maybe later, and there'll be lots of sad? Hope not. I don't like sad. Much better to focus on good stuff, and be happy. Like this."

And with that, she'd raise a hoof up, and regardless of if she had to jump up (if she were free enough to try that), she'd boop Cali's snoot. Or if she still couldn't reach after a few tries of jumping and/or waving her hoof around, in her face's general direction, she'd settle for Light. Or Luna. Snoot boops must commence!

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

------

Windy did not say any further, happily trotting over and taking one of the tarts, throwing it straight to her mouth.

Meanwhile, Razor pushed away the thoughts of Sorrow just making the order in an excuse to send him away, thinking she might only be worried for Cimex growing more absent “I can do that" he turned, walks into a wall, then he's gone, leaving a confused Tepe to stare at the said wall.

Blunt had gone over to tie Cimex's legs before going for her horn and mouth. It was hard but their struggle was a success, but they're not finished yet

“There, throw her into the trash box” Ignoring Pop's escape, Flinty helps her two male companions carry the writhing changeling into the box. She originally thought of taking Cimex to Needle's place, but quickly trashed that idea.

However, for Pop, her involvement was not over yet as she had ran into a royal guard wearing dark black armor. The mare was agitated, she must have heard the scream.

434623136_BlueVision-1.thumb.jpg.bd6394930dafff78c843d413bc4f75e5.jpg

For Blue Vision, her day started off being called by one of her superiors sending her and a few other guards to Fillydelphia to help out the locals with a massive clean operation being done, she was surprised to see a small portion of the city destroyed yet no casualties.

She was heading to the hotel where her team was staying when she heard a scream. Finding herself trying to find the source, she had ran into a diamond dog who was running the other direction opposite to her.

“Stop right there, Diamond dog!” she spoke with authority in her voice.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Starforce

------

“Interesting” Luna said, “A rocket now involved? Not only Blitz and Molotov's parents disappeared right?”

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Someone's sounding melancholy," Atzy commented, simply lying down on top of Enzo while Karmic studied his face.

"I think it has to do with his past," Karmic said in thought and idly waved a hoof in front of his face. "Hmm ... Enzo, what is it you want to do? You're the one that's been carting us around everywhere, and thanks for letting Atzy and I separate by the way. You've always gone along with what Atzy or myself wanted. So what about you? Do you want to do anything? Like see what it's like beyond Canterlot? Look at Cloudsdale? Probably try to find others like you?" she suggested out of curiosity, mainly, but also as a way of cheering him up.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Thanks for letting me know this, Cherish. I'll cherish the knowledge and write it down later," Twilight giggled a bit and then sighed softly, hearing the clanging of weapons from the mortal enemies.

"I have multiple questions about what I just witnessed," Twilight told them, trotting into the room and stopping a few metres away from Last and Drone. She pointedly ignored Last's question in favour of asking for possible knowledge boons from her questions to them. "Why were you two fighting? Was it sparring? Are you finally getting along? How long has it been since you two fought each other? Did you know each other before we encountered Drone at the shrine? What's like ignoring wounds that you have? Are you worried they're hurting? Do Manetids and Shrine Maidens spar often? Or do they always fight to the death until one side wins?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Why is it obvious that this dragon quest wants us to go through the pumpkin door?" Aurora asked the others when she caught up after carefully making her way upstairs. While Aurora did wince at what happened to Happy, she did giggle a bit when Lulu basically blasted him to kingdom come. She felt it was slightly deserved with how he was acting so she'd let it slide for the moment. Aurora then pointed to the door with the moon on it. "Why not go through that one? Or even the one with the sun? A trap like that non-combatant drink concoction could be behind the pumpkin one for all we know."

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM

"You two are cute together and I eat a bit of everything," Dazzle chuckled. She knew sweet moments when she saw them and Chop Chop and Long Stare kissing? That was one of them in her mind. The big burly stallion holding a dainty mare is something she kinda fantasised from time to time when she was alone with her thoughts in the Everfree. She then simply smiled and nodded. "If you have ... misgivings?" Dazzle tried and then shook her head, not thinking it was the right word. "Well, I can't think of any other word so I'll go with that. Misgivings. If you have any of them about me, you can ask me anything you want to put your mind at ease."

@Widdershins & @Blitz Boom

DAWN STREAK

"You're probably right about my mother not wanting me. Why would she go if she did want me, huh? But ...  I still want to find her. If only for some closure," Dawn told Kaltrops as she trotted to get up to his head and walked beside it. She looked back down his length before snapping her gaze to the sky at hearing somepony cry out. She winced and stopped in place, seeing a cloud of dust settle where there wasn't anything before. "He's looking away," Dawn blinked a bit before grinning slightly. She quietly tiptoed up to the creature and leaned in close to to where she figured his ear would be. "Boo."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

It was a pleasant and interesting experience meeting Sen and Lin’s friends, oddities aside. Being out and away from the village and the forest definitely led to some interesting interactions, but it was good knowing that they were all doing fairly well. Uddo bowed toward the group, though the same could not be said for Kiba. He followed the gesture, though hesitated at first, seemingly unsure about its purpose. Still his father’s reaction from before suggested that everyone else knew something he didn’t. No doubt it would be something to ask about later. 

In the meantime, Uddo would join the others outside to see them off. He normally reserved this gesture for close associates, but more fatherly instincts come to the fore, treating the group with the familiarity normally seen among good friends or family. In away, it was true, and he’d stand by the door for a moment before glancing to the two new visitors to the store. He’d welcome them in to explore and examine to their heart’s content. 

“That wasn’t exactly how I expected the day to go, but it was good that we stopped to check this place out.”

“Speaking of which, it seems like you and Omen found some interesting things in the shop. Already thinking about decorating your home huh? Is it a fancy table? Or a wooden trunk? Definitely something eye-catching!”

“And from what we heard, Omen, you also got something for yourself. Sounds like you’re getting a head start on your own decorating. Keep that up and you might have a fancier room than ours! So, what's next, everyone? Any place you want to visit?”

The siblings would laugh it up to keep things positive. Meeting a friend of their father’s was something they’d never expected, but it would be a good thing moving forward. Having friends in different places was already a boon, but now they, Rosa and Omen included, would have an easier time getting to know the neighborhood. A few friendly faces would go a long way to helping Rosa settle, and the siblings wouldn’t feel out of place in this part of Canterlot. That aside though, they’d still be unsure about what to do for the rest of their day, at least before meeting with Scarcity. 

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia looks onto the illusion and rose an eyebrow. She wasn't afraid of it, given the removal of fear from the area. It was most interesting, the abilities that fright possessed. No doubt she could go very far within the realm of fear.

"I myself relate. I can safely say that I enjoyed seeing the fear on ponies faces when I drained their magic. As opposed to you that was relatively recent...as in less than a few days ago. But I still enjoy the power that I have. I can stalk anyone in the shadows and strike. I have the ability to absorb the magic of others and become stronger. My real plan was to amass enough power and then hunt Twilight Sparkle and her family down and beat them to the ground. I was never planning to kill them or do too much - but I still would have harmed them." she spoke earnestly without shame. The truth was the truth afterall.

"I was never aiming to be a big one, like Tirek or Chrysalis, like any of them. I was planning to amass all this power I had in secret so I could strike suddenly and with great precision that others of my ability lacked. Like Tirek, I had the desire of the magic of others. Earth ponies made me physically stronger even if others didn't see it, Pegasi made me faster and more agile while Unicorns were the true prize of all, allowing me to cast their magic as my own. Unlike Tirek who's goal was mindless destruction, my goal was to show my younger sister the power of magic. I wanted to prove that I had something that she didn't. Perhaps I still do, but...naturally not in the same context." Magnolia shrugged slightly, but still she did feel a degree of pride in her actions. Of course, it was never the amount that she would go back to what she could do. She easily could if she wanted to, though.

She paused, figuring that enough about that had been said for now. "Show me the memorial. You place great faith in me...it seems. Not that I have an issue of that, its just that I never knew those such as you existed. Your magic works wonders, because that removes all the excess baggage in the way with you being of the stature that you are. I am sorry I do not have more words to offer, since there is so much I could possibly say. I just hope they are enough to do you justice." she stepped closer, wanting to see.

What Blitz just spoke of made Cali tear up a bit. Her human form shifts down back into an equine form after the boop although this time the colors are different. Cali is still an alicorn but instead of red eyes her eyes are more of a calm mint green color. Her coat was purple with her mane being a mix of pink and mint green. No cutie mark on her flank. Whatever Blitz said there made her tear up. "Y-you have a special gift, young filly. Many in my world, and those beyond do not have what you have...while you may be uncontrollable at some moments you are special. You have that ability to move on from what is bad, and you have the ability to smile despite the wrongs of the world." Cali said, her eyes streaming silently. No sniffles, though. 

Cali smiled wearily, not understanding what wood puppy was but she got the gist of it. Her eyes met the level of Blitz. "Look, take it from someone who has seen unimaginable horrors, and crossed dimensions, you are gifted. You have that deft innocence that so many yearn for. I miss my days of youth, I'm sure that you will to when you grow older. Cherish these times in your life. You won't have others like them. What I say to others a lot is, enjoy your happiness while you have it. Enjoy everything while it lasts." her smile got slightly wider.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze@Starforce

Light was not shocked at Cali's transformation, he was more disappointed and sad. But his expression didn't last long as he didn't want others to see him like this. 

After being booped by Blitz he placed the filly at his back and made it wider by extending the black metallic parts that came out of his body.

Now blitz looks like she is riding a chariot on top of a horse...

A filly on top of a chariot, on top of a pony...

"There. you can run around freely on my back." 

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't seem to care "What I explained was simply a one way to handle a one way that things can go wrong, I'm not going to sit here explaining everything I have prepared for everything." she declared "And even if my preparations end up not being enough, I always have the last plan to end all, like my treasure gets ruined if I lose it, the pony kind will remember me until the end of time if they try to ruin me." to take away all but their life from someone who doesn't fear death, it was a combination of destruction and suffering, how much could someone like Ruby do in the time it takes to get proper defenses to her location to deal with her? "Besides, what do I have to lose? I have lost everything once already and I have looked death in the eye begging it to take me, it doesn't matter how many times I'm throw down, as long as I have the displeasure to keep breathing, I will rise back up." considering what she said, the cold way she said it in told more about her than lot of what she had said before, it was a look to how she truly felt about herself and life.

And honestly, if she was to be arrested for having bones, she could just sit the sentence out and keep on living, any sentence ponies would give here was merely a blink of an eye in her lifespan, and how she knew it would be that type of sentence? because ponies had laws and justice, it wasn't her job to prove she hadn't killed the pony, but the ponies' job to prove she did, innocent until proven guilty and all that. 

"I cannot show any of my actual trophies to him as they are not in the house, like these won't be either after all of them have dried properly, and I'll leave my victory stories for when he is no longer scared of me, he is still wary, and I don't know if telling him how I ripped apart a dragon several times of his size would exactly help." as cold as she was, she had enough in her to realize things like this "Though I may tell him bit of my history at some point, may just as well make sure he doesn't repeat my mistakes, and as much as I despise ponies, they are correct in the fact that understanding takes away fear."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"You could say that.."the pony said in the same manner as previously "Wouldn't say I'm too enthusiastic about nature but I certainly do a lot near it." "And I'm not worried about you harming me, I'm just...not used to being this deep in the town." "My name is Ceron Thesu, you can call me just Ceron, and yes, I know, it's a weird name." Again it was notable that he did his best to not be as timid and nervous as he was, "Sorry for acting weird, I'm just...bit uncomfortable here" 

-------------------------------------------
"While not the wisest move to do for survival, small and weak rebellions are needed to inspire the bigger ones, martyrs are used by all powers for a reason." Solar stated, he may have put done more than his fair share of rebel groups, but he still respected them for putting themselves at risk for what they believe in.

He didn't have much reaction to Onache's tirade, but then again, to what did he have a strong reaction to? He wasn't intimidated at all either, but it wasn't due to some superiority complex, sure he knew he was not in any danger, but even if all of his systems failed at once suddenly, he still wouldn't be scared, he was too used to war and what it brought with it. "Now I got curious what it would have looked like if some of you would have survived, what would a changeling who has only suffering to feed on look like? Sure there's love and such too, but they are in lot lower supply than they are here" 

"I do not expect them by themselves to cause trouble, but speaking from experience, reflexes are hard to control, this world is not perfect, there are those who seek to cause trouble, but unlike back home, breaking a hoof of a thief is not a proper response." Trox cut in "As much as we don't like him, he has a point, our first response is to fight, it can be argued if we need him or not, but he is right on the reflex part." 

For the story about Chrysalis the kobolds simply listened, Solar too was interested as he hadn't heard the story from another changeling's perspective before, and in the end Sheska spoke "Traitor of one's kind huh. Thirst for power overtaking the care of one's family?" hate could be seen filling Sheska's eyes too, though she wasn't looking towards anything specific, Trox put his hand on her shoulder and whispered her name in attempt to calm her down "We know someone like that, too bad she's still strong and well." "May she rot and suffer until end of time." she closed her fists as she said the latter. Trox gently patted Sheska's shoulder. 

@Blitz Boom

Dawn watched briefly as the courier pony departed with her reply neatly folded on the silver plater.  Sometimes the simpler means of communication served a better purpose.  "Anypony that gets to be called my friend know how to get ahold of me should they really wish it.  Know anypony well enough and you can guess quite predictively where they will be, no?" Dawn chuckled.  Scrying was illegal after all, so most that time to came down to good old fashion just looking for the pony.  

"I would call silver uncommon, but not rare.  An average pony might proudly own a piece or two, but typically more common in the upper class," Grace explained.  "Or just depends on one's taste.  I'm not the biggest fan of silver.  Really just a shiny gray, and I like color.  But yes, my friend in that regard with or without taste, I would call well off," Dawn could agree.  Rich more like it, but explaining the gaps in such terms might be difficult to compare to somewhere like Harrowmark where the gap more consisted of being tyrannical overlord or not tyrannical overlord.  "No silver," the detective yawned in his comfy face down position.  "You'll find my brother's sense of taste comes down to, 'Does it perform its intended function?  Sold'," she tried to mimic his deeper voice mockingly.  "Your jacket is out of season," replied in a matter of fact tone.  "It is not~," Dawn started to fire back but her spa tapped her hoof on a spot between the sister's shoulder blades.  The mare's muscles lazed and she melted into the mobile bed with a mewl.  "Now now Ms. Setting Dawn, that stress is going to tighten your muscles," the spa pony took control of the situation.

With their respective clients in their positions on the mobile bed, the spa ponies could get to work.  Adjusting levers under the beds to get them to more manageable heights for each spa pony until they could more comfortable plant hoofs on the group's backs.  Practiced hoofs poked and prodded various areas around the pones.  A pre-massage of sorts that allowed the spa pones to feel out knotted and stressed areas as well as garner certain reactions from their clients.  This way each massage could be tailored to each pony without needing to be told where to work.  The Lotus spa ponies brought in practices and techniques from all over Equestria and its neighbors.  Magical hoof picking the best of each practice that could even bring a unicorn to envy.  Rising's spa pony had a little more information from what Dawn had passed on when making the appointment, such as the side effects of the power pill and what it did to his muscles.  So while it might seem odd how forceful his spa pony dug into his back that caused him to wince before a pleasing sigh, there was a lot to unknot.

@Windy Breeze

On 2021-09-16 at 7:11 AM, Windy Breeze said:

Meanwhile, Razor pushed away the thoughts of Sorrow just making the order in an excuse to send him away, thinking she might only be worried for Cimex growing more absent “I can do that" he turned, walks into a wall, then he's gone, leaving a confused Tepe to stare at the said wall.

"Thank you. Hopefully she's just busy with something outside, but I dunno. I might just be paranoid about this."

She'd wander over and take the rest of the tarts, then try to wrap them in a blanket, or put them in a box- Something like that, that'd help them keep warm, and hopefully a little out of sight of Windy. It wouldn't be good if she got them all, since Cimex would likely not be happy about it, and frankly, Windy wasn't the only one here that were hungry. Sorrow just had enough manners in this matter, to wait until everyone would be here first.

She had one more thing to do though, and that were with Tepe, who seemed to have a bit of a moment here, as he saw Razor waddle right through the wall.

"It's uh... Well, you know how some that's really good at meditation, can make an astral projection? It's kind of like that."

On 2021-09-16 at 7:11 AM, Windy Breeze said:

She was heading to the hotel where her team was staying when she heard a scream. Finding herself trying to find the source, she had ran into a diamond dog who was running the other direction opposite to her.

“Stop right there, Diamond dog!” she spoke with authority in her voice.

Pop halted instantly as she were called out, and fixated her eyes on the guard. This were bad, bad news. And the look and smell of this pony? Very clear that she had indeed heard something, and that's what she were going for. This were exactly why Mistress Needle told her to stay out of things going too far. Suddenly there'd be guards, and she'd be looked after... Bad thing. But no proof yet against her, right? She were just running away, clearly scared. That were normal when bad stuff happened.

"Ah! Guard pony scared me. S-Sorry miss. Bad sounds the other way. Very, very bad. Heard it that way."

She pointed in the direction she came from. To a certain extend. She were actually pointing towards the alley next to the one where the others were right now. Somewhat close, and in the right sort of direction, but not the real one. If the guard could be lured that way, they would be safe to take the inn pony away.

"Are guard pony going there to help? Many scary ones in this town. Pop don't want trouble with them, but guard pony is strong. She can help, yes?."

She might end up accidentally having to go along to help this guard instead, but well, she'd find out things regardless, and her mistress would be happy about that.

For now, she just stood still, paws gathered in front of her, and looking at the guard with a concerned look in her eyes.

====================================================================

@Sekel

Enzo did not seem to react on the hoof being waved in front of his face, but if the action would cause either of them to potentially fall off, he'd reach out a paw to grab them, and put them back up on his back.

"I once had aspirations, of seeing the world. It got me imprisonment, and a want to escape. I'm out now, but what is there now? My kin will have thought me dead, and stricken my name, so there is no shelter for me in our city. The only place I now have, will be among the ponies, that my kind considers servants, yet it will take time to build. After that, what then? I have millennia upon millennia to use, and no purpose  in my mind. I am not a guardian. No worthwhile son. All I have, is trying to support you some, in the short lives you have.

I feel a tiredness in my soul, little ones. Being out, does not mean the centuries of hunger and isolation have left me, and I fear that eventually, if I close my eyes, I will open them, and find that this were all a dream. Still trapped, alone, and descending into a madness, I do not deserve."

He knew some of his kind did deserve it, but what had he done? He were but a kitten, taking a stroll out in the world, and then got captured, bound to service, and then left alone. Trapped in an ever darkening temple, where it mattered little how much he roared and screamed. No one were there to hear his cries, and the few adventurers that showed, were never able to get to him. Not until the pair with malice in their hearts, who cut him loose.

And yet, Enzo were still a prisoner. The isolation and hopelessness had broken him, and made him lose the spark to keep on. Some days, the only thing that made him consume anything, or even drink water, were just the want to make the hunger and thirst stop, even if a voice told him that if he let it fester long enough, all the pain would end. And he still had that thought enter his mind at times. That urge to give in, and give up.

Though more than that, his fear haunted him. Normally he wouldn't speak of it, as it went against his pride, but in his melancholy, he had let it slip what lurked in the back of his head, on a near constant basis: That he'd suddenly wake up, and find that this had just been a dream of freedom, rather than reality. Which weren't helping his engagement level, when he at times thought it pointless, as he'd just set himself up for a bigger gut punch, when he woke up alone again.

==========================================================================

@Sekel

On 2021-09-16 at 3:51 PM, Sekel said:

"I have multiple questions about what I just witnessed," Twilight told them, trotting into the room and stopping a few metres away from Last and Drone. She pointedly ignored Last's question in favour of asking for possible knowledge boons from her questions to them. "Why were you two fighting? Was it sparring? Are you finally getting along? How long has it been since you two fought each other? Did you know each other before we encountered Drone at the shrine? What's like ignoring wounds that you have? Are you worried they're hurting? Do Manetids and Shrine Maidens spar often? Or do they always fight to the death until one side wins?"

"We were sparring, but we're not getting along. It was just the best way to pass time."

"KJrrxhxxh. The weak loiters, the strong trains. Shrine Maidens are annoyingly not as weak as we'd have liked."

It sounded almost like a compliment. And it was the truth. The manetids were used to ruling their area before the ponies arrived, and took care of other interlopers well. But these fanatics, were not so easily dealt with. For every one of them they got, they took at least a hundred manetids down with them, and their veterans were feared in their hive, yet they marched on by the command of the eternal queen. She may be dead now, and the maidens disbanded, but there were generations of fighting between their kind, and that did not go away that easily. Quite frankly, despite it looking dangerous, and certainly could have lead to the death of one of them, the sparring session was a good deal of fun for them both. It had familiarity, even if that also included bad memories.

"And I doubt we've ever even met before today. There's thousands of manetids. Can't be asked to have met every last one of them."

"Tzzzkrrrx. No, we are strangers. She doesn't have great deeds to her name, though we know of her sword. Our queen remembered it, every time the hatchlings gazed upon the torched scar on her arm."

"And I'm fine. The draconequus patched me up, remember? My guts aren't threatening to spill out anymore."

As the turn came to the last question, Last and Drone looked at one another, with eyes narrowing, and muscles tensing, more by reflex than a want to duke it out.

"To the death. Sparring would entail our kind got along."

"Xxxcrrcth. We do not. They had something our queen wanted. And they refused to move out of our way. That is how it have been, since long before I hatched."

===============================================================================

@Sekel

If they looked through the other rooms, they'd find historical, yet boring places. These two rooms were after all, the rooms once belonging to Princess Luna, and Princess Celestia. While all the valuables, personal items, and such, had long since been removed, there were still a sort of radiance lingering around in the rooms, and even after a thousand years, the beds would be soft. However threadbare and dusty they were.

There seemed to be some plans though, as A sign were hanging in each room, dripping with paint that seemed to vanish before it hit the floor, and never ended. In Luna's room it said *Rose's room* and in Celestia's, it would be *Henry's room*. Not more than that, but as it seemed like the draconequui had taken residency in this castle, she'd be likely to overtake it completely in time.

With no other options left, there were just one door to open, and Happy would do so with a shrug. It'd reveal a fair layer of curtain-like greenery, and going through that for about ten seconds, would then suddenly open up into a massive area, where there were no visible walls from this view. It were natural and unkempt, as many kinds of plants grew in the grass covering the ground, and trees of many variations were also shown. Even some that should not be able to live in this warm climate, nor were normally real, but what to expect from a draconequui pocket dimension? Sanity? Please. If that were the thing, there wouldn't be a lot of light-based creatures, floating through the air, humming around like small bees, and overall ignoring the newcomers. Every now and again, a three headed snake would rise up, snap a few, and eat them, and as the light reached their bellies, they'd flourish up, with feathers around their backs, and fresh-looking scales. In turn, sometimes a small, goblin-like creature would come out of some foliage, take one of the snakes, and scamper off. There was a whole eco system in here, with nature as weird and bountiful as one could imagine. Including a lot of fruit to eat, if that were your fancy, and it certainly were for Flaxxy, who were currently chomping on a watermelon, growing on a bush, next to a squash, and a pinecone.

As for light, there'd be a big light in the sky, sending a warm, sun-like glow everywhere. But it also seemed like the small light creatures were popping in and out of it at times, with pollen... Likely best not to question it.

============================================================================

@Sekel

Chop would look towards Dazzle, with his ice-blue eyes looking her over thoroughly for a few seconds, before simply shaking his head, and returning to the meal making. This time, adding a second casserole from underneath the dish, and quickly chopping through some vegetables. He were doing so with speed and precision, showing he were well versed in being in a kitchen. And when he then unpacked some dried beef, and began adding that to the mix, it also showed him to not be squeamish in the slightest, when dealing with meat.

Most of his skills and indifference to meat, came from his time in the Coastal Service, not so much at Sloppy Joe's. He had been a guard, but also a chef, and since they had their sharks that needed to be fed, he got used to dealing with meat rather quickly. Just another ingredient in his eyes, though one he couldn't eat. Them having some griffins also helped on it, as they liked fish, and having them raw were boring in the long run for them.

"That's his way of saying he doesn't have an issue with you. Chop doesn't talk a lot normally, so you have to read his grunts sometimes.

And I don't really know what to ask. I'm not used to having guests, and a hybrid is pretty special. I guess I'd be curious how you're feeling right now, and if there's something I could do to make your stay more comfortable? I haven't forgotten what you're hoping to hear either though, so we can go visit Scarcity too, if you'd like, and hear if she have something yet. After breakfast though. You need to get something to eat. I'm sure you're gonna need your strength."

They all did really, but the guests first. Chop would deal with making the food, and as he did that - ad a lovely aroma of stew and wheat wafted through the air - Stare would go and set the table. Once again proving that she were an unintentional stealthy one, as even when she put the plates carefully on the table, there wouldn't be a sound made. You could hear a pin drop over this.

"I guess I am a little curious actually, about something. Your family, how were they, last time you saw them?"

@Widdershins @Sekel

Benny would act unlike a regular dragon. He wouldn't get angry, and spew flames around. Instead, he'd simply jump in place, and start to turn around wildly, until he came face to face with whom had just spooked him.

"Please don't do that again, ma'am. You almost spooked me out of my good scales. Not literally, but you know what I mean, right?"

He'd raise one of his hands up, and brush some dirt off of his belly scales, to try and seem a bit more presentable. Wasn't like his entrance here had been spectacular, so there probably wasn't much dignity to save here, but he could at least make an effort, right? Besides, he had come to visit his marefriend. Wouldn't good if he looked all dusty.

He suddenly made big eyes, and looked away, so that he could go into one of his saddle bags, and after roaming around a little, would get a pristine bundle of flowers up briefly, before letting out a relieved sigh, and putting it back in there.

"Phew, got worried for a moment there that I messed up her bouquet. Word of advise? Don't try and apply disinfectant to your wounds, mid flight. Just learned the hard way that it gets troubling when it starts itching."

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-09-16 at 4:56 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“That wasn’t exactly how I expected the day to go, but it was good that we stopped to check this place out.”

“Speaking of which, it seems like you and Omen found some interesting things in the shop. Already thinking about decorating your home huh? Is it a fancy table? Or a wooden trunk? Definitely something eye-catching!”

“And from what we heard, Omen, you also got something for yourself. Sounds like you’re getting a head start on your own decorating. Keep that up and you might have a fancier room than ours! So, what's next, everyone? Any place you want to visit?”

"I plan to start small, with a bathroom cabinet. Later on, I imagine a nice coffer at the bed, with a false bottom, and then maybe a full closet of some kind? I'll judge their meddle with hidden rooms a little by little but optimally, there's going to be several pieces of my furniture that will have their theme going. It is rather well made pieces, by the looks of it."

"I got a box. For things I do not eat."

Omen were a lot more simple, and straight forward here. She didn't think of additonal pieces, the future, or anything of the sort. To her, she had gotten a box, because she were convinced it would be good for storing things she couldn't, or wouldn't, have in her stomach. So she had gone and put it in her room, which now made it the first item she had there. Eventually there'd be more, but most of what she collected were things of a personal, or practical matter. It would likely be decades before she'd be anywhere close to having the room filled with enough things to call for some organisation, or question if there were enough space. Did help she didn't need things like a bed though.

"As for your other question, I cannot say I have anywhere in mind that I'd like to visit at this moment. Though Kiba did suggest visiting a bakery in the midst of town, that sells cream puffs. I am assuming he means the middle of Old Town here, rather than Canterlot in general. We could try and look for that if it were. It would give a good indication of the center, and we could work our way from there and outwards, to get a better lay of the land here, if that were.

Also, later on, if you'd prefer to wait, I would like to perhaps ask how your conversation with Uddo went. If you'd prefer I did not pry, I won't do so though, and will leave the subject alone."

As he were talking, Hammond's ears suddenly perked, and he'd make himself a small gate that he'd jump through, before it vanished. Shrimp seemed a little sad that his friend already left, but it appeared that Hammond were more than likely called by his mistress. He'd be back someday probably, yet for now, Shrimp laid down in Omen's hair, and nuzzle himself well in there instead.

@Starforce

On 2021-09-18 at 1:10 AM, Magnolia said:

"I was never aiming to be a big one, like Tirek or Chrysalis, like any of them. I was planning to amass all this power I had in secret so I could strike suddenly and with great precision that others of my ability lacked. Like Tirek, I had the desire of the magic of others. Earth ponies made me physically stronger even if others didn't see it, Pegasi made me faster and more agile while Unicorns were the true prize of all, allowing me to cast their magic as my own. Unlike Tirek who's goal was mindless destruction, my goal was to show my younger sister the power of magic. I wanted to prove that I had something that she didn't. Perhaps I still do, but...naturally not in the same context." Magnolia shrugged slightly, but still she did feel a degree of pride in her actions. Of course, it was never the amount that she would go back to what she could do. She easily could if she wanted to, though.

"It is good that you have improved, and not become one more of those banished, or turned to stone. The Elements of Harmony are not to be trifled with. My kind learned that long ago, when Discord were trapped. And later, the Elements of Disharmony taught us another, grim lesson... Yet I wish not to retell that. Let it be in the forgotten pages, where it belongs. Let it be enough to say that your new path is a wiser one, that will steer you away from having such a grim fate.

It might interest you that I knew Tirek once upon a time though. Big and pompous, gloating with his power, and thinking himself the master of all. Yet all he ever was to me, was a weak child, jealous of the adoration his brother gained, and unable to understand that he could not force others to adore him. He failed to learn this then, as he did now.

Want to know what it is that he fears most? Being alone and forgotten. He will take infamy, over being part of the forgotten pages. I tormented him for a few weeks for annoying me, when this whole place were a darkened realm, with not a soul in, beyond those I willed here."

But time had come for the memorial. With a snap of her fingers, the web she had sat in, wobbled and distorted, until it turned into a gate. Going through that, they would find themselves in an area where dozens of beings, wearing the robes she he gave them, were present. Including a dragon, at least ten times her own size. All of them bowed to her as she entered, and she in turn, would bow to them,

What were important though, were what were in the center of this area. A statue, in pure white marble, sitting in the midst of a pond, and depicting a pony, sitting on top of a rock and meditating. It were done in natural scale, and it appeared he were a rather small one of his kind, and he looked grizzled. Scars were covering his body, and it seemed like one of them went over his right eye, meaning he were probably partially blind. Yet his features, rough as they were on the scrawny thing, looked peaceful and solemn.

Around him, were eight large tablets floating, all with various quotes upon it, likely once imparted by the pony himself. They looked fresh, so they were likely magically enchanted.

"Clear Perspective. Such a peculiar pony. Full of fear, as all living beings are, yet he had accepted them, and overcome them. There were no fear I could show him, that he did not face head on, and embrace, with a calm, steady heart. He showed me patience and understanding, regardless of what I put him through, and in time, he told me of his journey, to defeat his inner demons. Through his words, sprung the idea of this temple, and still so many centuries later, I honor his memory, by passing his teaching on, to others who needs his wisdom."

@Imperium

Out in the Everfree Forest, about twenty minutes walk from Ponyville, were a cave.

This in and by itself were nothing special, but if you glanced inside, you'd find something that were. Or rather, someone, as on a stone bench, sat a dragon, perched over a table with a notebook, a large, leather-bound tome, and three books of various origins. Her claws went slowly, and gently across the letters and symbols, sitting a mere few inches above hitting the paper itself, as she began to scribble a few things down in the notebook. A mess it appeared, but such were the only way she could come through this, by taking it one step at a time, and then correcting things later.

It were unusual to see dragons read or write by themselves. More so to see one wearing garments like this one were, as the adventurers robe sat well upon her slender form, though the spear leaning against the wall told stories that she were not as weak as one might perceive her to be.

In the other side of the sparse room, were a few blankets, on some soft dirt. Not an ideal bed, but she had to improvise, and with her having plans to move to Ponyville proper eventually, she saw little reason to improve further on this, for the time being. Though the pink bunny that seemed to have a nap on the pillow, seemed to enjoy herself well enough here. Seemed to be a nice, peaceful little place here.

That were, until a few steps made the dragon turn her head, and look towards the intruder: A timberwolf. It were hard to be clear of them in this forest, so at times, one had to deal with them. Especially when you didn't have a door, which she technically did, but it was a boulder to put in front when she wasn't here. She needed light when she were here, studying her days and nights away, so she had to keep it open.

The two met eyes, as the bark-clad canine took a step further, but then, it seemed to get better ideas. The look in the dragons eyes promised it pain, if it went any further into this cave. Even more once it glanced briefly towards the bunny. The look it got then,. made it put it's tail between its legs, hold its head near the ground, and slowly back out, until it were clear of the cave, and could run away. No prey were worth what those eyes promised it.

"Irritating distractions. Now where was I..."

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-09-19 at 10:05 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"No silver," the detective yawned in his comfy face down position.  "You'll find my brother's sense of taste comes down to, 'Does it perform its intended function?  Sold'," she tried to mimic his deeper voice mockingly.  "Your jacket is out of season," replied in a matter of fact tone.  "It is not~," Dawn started to fire back but her spa tapped her hoof on a spot between the sister's shoulder blades.  The mare's muscles lazed and she melted into the mobile bed with a mewl.  "Now now Ms. Setting Dawn, that stress is going to tighten your muscles," the spa pony took control of the situation.

"Silver can be an effective magical conducto-oooooh, merciful gods."

Lily's argument got cut short, once she were given a distinct pressure on her lower back, hitting a spot that in her older age, had certainly irritated her, to put it mildly. Getting it early were going to do wonders, and after a brief second of pain, she could certainly feel a rush of endorphins begin to flow through her body. And the more it were worked on, the better she were starting to feel, to a point where she let out a notable *aaaaaaaah* sound.

"This is divine.... *siiiigh* But silver, it's potent. Some things only work properly if channeled through the metal, or cast upon a disk of it in pure form. It holds a mystic quality to it. Pure silver is a commodity that's extremely valuable, yet very rare for us. Add that to your list if you will, Dawn."

It had to be pure silver to hold the best value though. The less pure it were, the less value it held. At a certain point, it went from being useful for magic, and to just looking a little pretty. It'd lose a fair amount of value at that point, but Dawn would likely be able to get some completely pure silver and cause great delight. Especially if it were already pre-formed into things such as small coin-like disks, and figurines. Amulets were great too.

"And Dawn, you shouldn't worry about things being in, or outside, of fashion. In Harrowmark, you're generations ahead of your time. Does that help with perspective in some way?"

She were giving off some moans between speaking. Of pleasure or pain, varied depending where on her body were were being bashed at, but at least she did not seem to have it as rough as the detective. It seemed almost as if the spa pony were trying to step right through him sometimes. How deep rooted were his muscle issues? She supposed, with his work, there may well come times that were so tense it really meddled with your system. Still, she had a small inkling that the fight with Twisted hadn't helped either, though she didn't know details. Only Rising, and Thistle, knew of his power pill usage in the fight itself. And it was in the report too, but that was just a second hoof account. Not the same.

=============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-09-19 at 10:43 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Besides, what do I have to lose? I have lost everything once already and I have looked death in the eye begging it to take me, it doesn't matter how many times I'm throw down, as long as I have the displeasure to keep breathing, I will rise back up." considering what she said, the cold way she said it in told more about her than lot of what she had said before, it was a look to how she truly felt about herself and life.

"Being stubborn is good, but don't think so harshly of yourself. There are some who'd be sad to see you stop breathing. Me for example. We might not see eye to eye on everything, but I care about you, no matter what you think of the matter. I wouldn't worry so much about you, if I didn't."

She knew it might be irrational in some ways, but she wouldn't stop thinking about what might happen to Ruby, if she wasn't careful enough. Even the best contingency plans, were flawed in some ways, and in this case, the flaws seemed obvious to her, even if they may actually be outlandish and stupid to worry about so much, as they were unlikely. Thinking only in the extremes, and then adding a lack of understanding from the ponies, when it came to the skeleton, even if there were points to be made in what Ruby said.

"But you made your points, and you seem prepared for most. I'll hope nothing does happen though. Best to just outright avoid all the messy situations, quite frankly."

"I cannot show any of my actual trophies to him as they are not in the house, like these won't be either after all of them have dried properly, and I'll leave my victory stories for when he is no longer scared of me, he is still wary, and I don't know if telling him how I ripped apart a dragon several times of his size would exactly help." as cold as she was, she had enough in her to realize things like this "Though I may tell him bit of my history at some point, may just as well make sure he doesn't repeat my mistakes, and as much as I despise ponies, they are correct in the fact that understanding takes away fear."

"A good call to hold it back for now, and an even better one to share your history with him. He knows little of you right now, beyond you being his sister, and one that he should be fearful of, due to how family is where you're from. Maybe if he knew more of your story, he'd see you more as a real dragon, with actual problem, instead of some looming threat.

Someday when he can speak common, I will tell him my story too, and I'd be happy to show him my trophy room. It's not filled with death, but things I'm especially thrilled to have taken from others. Each piece with a little bit of history to itself. You'll probably both find some of them weird. Like the boot, though I won't spoil all of the fun. Have to be something for the future.

And speaking of the future, what's our plan now? We've gotten your treasure home, and nothing seems to currently be on fire. So is there other things we should think about doing? Or should we just stand and watch the bird cleaning up?"

She were referring to how Marley had elected to not talk, and instead took out a handkerchief, and were using it to get away a bit of dust away from a nearby dragonscale. He were bored and had nothing better to do, so he figured this would not be seen as something terrible. It were merely to pass time. Wasn't like he were looking at any sort of blood marks or the like, as he assumed that if there were any, they were supposed to be there.

@Catpone Cerberus

"It is not my place to judge you, or any other equine, for your names, Ceron. The Earth Mother welcomes all, who does not seek to harm nature without reason. Blessed are we all, for basking in her warmth.

You say you are not much of one into nature, and yet you shun the town, and wander it with worry. What leads you to not feel as one with the great outdoors, yet fear this place? Perhaps we can help you in some way."

Lyriel were being warm and welcoming towards the odd acting pony, as he seemed the sort who might have issue connecting with others. A loner perhaps? It may be the amount of beings around them that made him nervous, rather than the town itself. Or perhaps he feared being inside small spaces? She had heard some animals talk about ponies like that before, though it always seemed like an odd thing to fear for her. Yet she understood she did not have the perception and daily things in life as the ponies did, and perhaps they simply had some things going against them, that she could not understand before one day, she asked in further about it.

Crow on the other hand, were looking suspicious towards this one. More so than it did with others. The behavior were making it think this one were hiding something, and whatever it was, might end up being a pain for the lot of them to deal with. Potentially dangerous too, and it did not care for that kind of outcome one bit. Though for now, it simply watched, and judged by whatever action might come. It seemed. It did not want to act rashly. Especially as it still needed to remain stuck to Scarecrow, due to their proximity to a town.

==================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"While not the wisest move to do for survival, small and weak rebellions are needed to inspire the bigger ones, martyrs are used by all powers for a reason." Solar stated, he may have put done more than his fair share of rebel groups, but he still respected them for putting themselves at risk for what they believe in.

"An oppressed populace, will eventually always seek to rise up, and overthrow their oppressors. And over time, it will eventually succeed from one, who learns from the failures of others before them. It is better to make them want to follow your rule, than to make them bend their knee in fear, since it handles this inevitability."

She did not specify, but she did not refer to leading through love and compassion. Rather the way she did, where she altered minds to make others think they wanted nothing more, than to follow her every command, even until death. Since they had no feeling of oppression, they had no want, or uge, to rise against it. It had been a good system, with only a few issues. Yet that came mostly down to those that had strong enough minds to try and fight her control, and she tended to have those taken care of, to avoid issues.

"Now I got curious what it would have looked like if some of you would have survived, what would a changeling who has only suffering to feed on look like? Sure there's love and such too, but they are in lot lower supply than they are here" 

"I do not expect them by themselves to cause trouble, but speaking from experience, reflexes are hard to control, this world is not perfect, there are those who seek to cause trouble, but unlike back home, breaking a hoof of a thief is not a proper response." Trox cut in "As much as we don't like him, he has a point, our first response is to fight, it can be argued if we need him or not, but he is right on the reflex part." 

Onache narrowed her eyes at the first part, and wrinkled her nose, as she prepared to answer a question, that Light seemingly had not expected there to be an example of.

"A queen sustained on suffering, would be Queen Inferna. I have never had the displeasure of meeting her, but her hive signature emotion, is pain. They are situated far from here, and the stories goes of her hive numbering in the thousands, and the victims whom they torment endlessly for the pain they harvest, are treated in ways most other of us would think too cruel, if even a tenth of the rumors are true. Yet we know not what exactly is true. Their hive's members are rarely seen, and when they are, it is often followed up by them ferociously attacking even other changelings, whilst cackling like mad beasts.

She were invited to have a say in the council a few times, but after the second messenger where sent bag on a pike, the message were well received, that she wanted nothing to do with us.

Had you changelings in your world, and they had found a taste for pain and misery, you would have had one like her. Either a conqueror you'd need to fear more than your princesses, or a torture master working for one of them, infamous and reveling in endless atrocities.

This world seems kinder than yours, but do not put blinds over your eyes. There are darkness in this one too, if you look through the layers enough. It would be wise for your all to hone and control your reflexes, rather than try and turn your back on them."

As said, Inferna were thankfully, far away from here, in some seemingly desolate place of misery, but there were other things more close to home, from what she heard. Dark forces, barely contained, that could break free at any moment. And with that in mind, trying to be passive were a foolish endeavor. Just as it were to attack everything on sight. One had to strike a balance.

For the story about Chrysalis the kobolds simply listened, Solar too was interested as he hadn't heard the story from another changeling's perspective before, and in the end Sheska spoke "Traitor of one's kind huh. Thirst for power overtaking the care of one's family?" hate could be seen filling Sheska's eyes too, though she wasn't looking towards anything specific, Trox put his hand on her shoulder and whispered her name in attempt to calm her down "We know someone like that, too bad she's still strong and well." "May she rot and suffer until end of time." she closed her fists as she said the latter. Trox gently patted Sheska's shoulder. 

Onache looked Sheska in the eyes as she spoke, and saw this display of hatred over the traitor Chrysalis. And for the first time, the kobold would find that Onache looked at her in a new way. Not with fear, or judgement, but a kind of predatory understanding. Her elegant ways did not show so often, but Onache were a vengeful sort, with little issue in causing great harm, to those who hurt those under her wings. It seemed like Sheska knew this feeling too, and wished well for someone else to suffer for it. Why, the changeling queen felt positively admirable towards Sheska now. The kobold were not do unlike her as she may have thought after all.

"I'm sure she will, once Tartarus swallows her pitiful soul. Though she is now out of your reach. Whomever you think of, will have to meet judgement by the hoof of another.

I take it you think of another kobold, selling out of her own kin? Glorified slave traders, not worthy of the air they breathe."

Sure she had slaves too in her days, but she treated them somewhat well, and it were made of prey, not her own kind... Most of the time. A few times some trespassers were made to work their way to freedom, but she still let them go, if they did their work, and then never returned again.

===========================================================================

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Blitz would use her horn to dry away the sad tears from the now more equine Cali, whilst keeping up her radiant, innocent smile up towards the mare.

"Life is full of happy. Much better to focus on than all the sad."

She were a happy filly, but if she wanted to, there were a lot of sad things she could focus on. The memory of her family being gone for one, or how it tormented her brother. The pain of others around her too, from for example when she were in the orphanage, or the loneliness there sometimes where by being all by her lonesome in the forest, before Molotov found her.

At times, that did get to her, and made her feel briefly down. But then she changed her perspective, and thought of the good things. She couldn't remember her family now, but she likely would later on, and she had one right with her most of the time now. Most of her friends from the orphanage had gotten adopted, and the few who hadn't, were almost there. Few more visits, and there wouldn't be any of them, as they'd be out into nice, loving families. And loneliness? Just look at times like now. She made the most wonderous, special friends, and all it took were reaching out and make contact.

Others being sad was also something she could sort, via some fireworks for example. It tended to make a fair amount, more happy, if they saw fireworks.

And personally, it made her happy to boop snouts, hehe. So fun!

As were what were happening now, as Light's wings extended, and she had a bit of space to run around on. *gasp* And she were allowed to? Oooh, had to try that!

So she'd bounce around on the space she had, just like she had learned from her big idol, Pinkie Pie. But she'd stop if Light gave word that it were too much, and would instead then, flop down on her belly, and scoot along whilst making boat sounds.

Not before rising a hoof up at Luna though, and wave it like there were no tomorrow.

"Today is full of fun!"

"I suppose so, yes. But might I ask that you please take that fun elsewhere? You're standing at a critical point in the museum, and we do have guests."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia were quite surprised that she knew Tirek personally. From what was told of Tirek that is basically what she would have expected from the legends told of him. Part of her was fascinated by being in the mere presence of someone capable of tormenting Tirek, and way worse things in general yet she had only helped her out. She felt safe knowing that.

"Tirek probably deserved all of what you did to him. All he wanted was to cause destruction and devastation, for himself to be adored. There is no admiration in ruling over a pile of ashes because nobody would have been left to admire him if he got what he wanted. As far as I understand it, this world doesn't work without magic. If there is no magic, that means there is no life. At least, not any life that would have a satisfactory living." she spoke with a degree of disgust. Truth be told, there was one that she did admire. Nightmare Moon.

"All I ever wanted was for the world to know the truth about who I am. I imagine it would be pretty big news should everyone find out who I really am. I was not one for fame but there was always that, and the knowledge that I stand before you as a member of a Royal Family technically. I'd be a Duchess, and not only that I would also be related to Cadence. I never thought about that much, but I am thinking of it now. Not only that, I wanted closure for what had been...done against me." she sighs, a little bit of her greed seeping through into her word. It was probably a fairly understandable position to be in. 

"Of all the foes in the world the one I'd look up to was Nightmare Moon. I've always been attracted by the essence of the Moon and it's beauty of night. Within the cloak of night, I was able to shadow shift and go anywhere in the world without a soul noticing me." she spoke, with true pride. A hoof to her chest as well. Magnolia wasn't one to indulge in her ego verbally, but she couldn't help it at this point due to her fears being removed. She was afraid of others knowing a lot about her, for she were a secretive mare herself. 

After passing through the gate she would follow Fright along. When the others around them would bow to Fright, she would also bow to them in turn as a way to show respect. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Looking to the statue. It was most impressive, she had seen many statues in her time however this one was probably the most remarkable of them all. Looking to the pony, she was fascinated by the idea of who he was. Perhaps she could learn from his example. Looking at the tablets she would look to see what they were as she pondered her response to Fright's words.

"Someday I might be like him. I would hope that there are those that seek his example. I do, myself now that I see it. I just wish that Zeehva could stand here beside me. But that will happen in the future some day I bet. She has...her struggles as well and I am doing what I can to help her. It feels...strange to look forward to helping to someone else. But it feels good. I suppose that is just equine nature, or my genuine change of heart." she spoke with a smile. 

@Blitz Boom

The air was filled with life and energy. 

The wind crisp and cold with the welcoming of fresh air, tree leaves danced amidst the flow of gust from the beating wings of a Dragon. Having left his humble Tower within the Forest, thusly dubbed; 'The Draconem Archium', Calamitous soared to the skies, with sharp, amber eyes having glimpsed the ruined Castle of the Alicorn Sisters that he just so happened to flew past. There was a moment in time to have made such a ruined castle his home, though such a historic site was better off to be kept safe from harm, rather to just barge in claim as a home... For now. his attention was merely to keep his eyes focused across the dense forest, the dragon kept at an altitude height between two-thousand and five-thousand feet in the air. The feeling of freedom upon one's wings was hardly ever boring, and even gave the unique dragon the opportunity to think of the state of where he is and what ingredience for the latest batch of Alchemist supplies he'll need for such line of work.

From such a serious of thoughts and questions that encircled his mind, his eyes caught the glimpse of what appeared to be a Timber Wolf backing away and running off with it's bark tail between it's legs as it yelped away? That was certainly new. Such an event that it caught the Dragon's attention. With a slow descent, the beating of the wings gracefully as well as carefully helped to glide the dragon towards the surface below, all claws made contact with the soil, the landed causing a rather loud 'thud' which sounded the arrival of another, much more larger presence having just arrived onto the scene, and right outside the fellow dragons cave. The rumbling of the rocks, and short quake of the ground with a more harsh gust of wind was evident of the arrival.

Calamitous eyes scanned the area before him, he sniffed the air three times before his pupils dilated, and his draconic fangs brought bear. There was another dragon that had made itself a home in the Everfree Forest.  His wings extended outwards, a full 40 feet at a full spread, the neck lowered down with the dragon jaw slightly opened with a dim glow hue of a dark violet glow, never before seen in a dragon before, which was made evident with the overgrone mane like spikey scales across the dragons arms, legs, tail neck and back glowed from the tips.  A natural instinct whether it was to be a fight for territory, or trespass that one can witness in the wilds with animals.

"I smell you, fellow dragon... I feel your breath... I feel your air... Where are you..." 

@Blitz Boom

“Uddo prides himself with his work, and having a workshop right next to his store means he isn’t afraid to show what customers are getting. You mentioning wanting hidden rooms and false bottoms will probably get him feeling weird about what you’ll use those for; next thing you’ll know, you might be asking him to booby trap your house or build secret exits.”

“For you Omen, take care of your box. That will last you a long time if you look after it. Knowing how longma go about making things, what you get is built to last.”

“And, Rosa? Would it be alright if we have that conversation in private? I still have some things to think about, and I’d much prefer if it we didn’t talk about it in the open. Unless you want to ask about Uddo? I can tell you what I know.”

Something about this topic didn’t seem to sit well with Sen, though Lin didn’t appear to share that sentiment. Perhaps that could just be chalked up to the former being closer with his father. In all honesty, both siblings were of one mind in matters related to their family, but they had different ways of coping. For the moment, they appeared fine, and distractions may get their minds off of this topic. Taking a walk around town might do them some good, even if it was only to help them process everything that just happened recently.

Lin offered to lead the way around town despite not necessarily knowing her way. All that could pass for a landmark was a large building with a flag waving in the wind. That one seemed as good a landmark as any, and it would lead them to just about where they needed to go: the town center. It was about a good ten minutes away from the workshop, but it was packed with the important places they ought to be acquainted with.

“Well, this looks like a good place to get a feel of the old town, and it’s got a map. Let’s see… a row of restaurants, a park with its own playground, a library…. They even got post office here, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of a bakery. Or I guess we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe we could follow some kind of smell?”

Meow!

The sound of a cat greeted the group before they could further inspect the map. It was close enough to grab their attention, and once the longma found the source, they’d soon find themselves with a really tiny beige cat with stubby legs. Judging by the way it was standing at a distance, it seemed like it wanted the group to follow.

Edited by EQ_Theta

Cali smiles to Blitz wearily and her tears didn't come back. She gives Blitz a hug and then a gentle pat. "Yes, yes, we should always remember that." she then would giggle a bit at Blitz's boat sounds there. Then Cali's mouth seemed to change a bit...and then she made a real boat engine sound in return. How strange was that!

@Blitz Boom

"At least I don't have a boyfriend, My brother would have a cow over it. he'd puff up his chest and say 'You break my sister's heart, and I'll break you...' He's very protective like that.. One time a pony called me cheese legs and he broke their legs...He hasn't seriously hurt any pony like that since...As far as I'm aware... My dad told me about when he met him when my brother was younger and he bit a chunk out of him and ate it. It left a nasty scar right above my dad's right hoof. My mom explained to me that my brother was born a warrior and that it's in his nature to be like that. I know he's scary and awkward...and embarrassing... but at the end of the day, he's my brother." Ginger said

"I'm a bit rusty at playing cello, Not to mention my stage fright. It twists up my guts just thinking about playing in front of anypony... I haven't played in front of anypony in years...I think I might want to practice a bit before playing in front of anypony." She said, a little nervous. she wasn't kidding, her stage fright was bad, to the point she's grimacing just thinking about her performance and even sweating a little.

@Imperium

23 hours ago, Imperium said:

"I smell you, fellow dragon... I feel your breath... I feel your air... Where are you..." 

"Oh for the love of-"

The sound of a book being closed were faintly heard, as Nerzhei closed the large book she had been reading, and put it aside. Annoying disturbances day in and day out... What happened to the time when you could just study for a few decades in peace?

As she wandered out, Nerzhei looked up at the other other dragon, with an cold, annoyed glare in her eyes. She were a parchment-yellow dragon, with purple spots every now and again, almost straight, slightly curved horns going backwards, and several rows of short, dark-purple spikes on her head, moving down and narrowing on the back of her head, until it got into a single row, at around her neck, where it then went all the way down to her tail. Which gave off the impression that she sort of had short, dark-purple hair, though you couldn't run your fingers through without getting cut up. She did not appear to have wings either, or they were simply hidden beneath her adventurer's garments. Properly folded in, it could be hard to tell, what with the thick robe covering her features well.

Her eyes were ashen, and despite being smaller than the other one - Nerzhei were 2 meters and 12 cm tall, about 6ft 11 inches - she did not seem intimidated in the slightest. Even if one of her arms were gauzed up, and in a sling, which clearly meant she were less of a fighting force than normally.

"Is there no other dragons for you to play tricks upon? I'm trying to work here, and I'm really not in the mood to be challenged, or have some oddly colored wind dragon come in to tease me. I don't care how much your kind loves it, I'll chain you to a cliff, by the jaws, if you start your antics."

To further prove her point, she'd raise her right arm, which were the uninjured one, and a brown aura dances around on her claws. As they did, the ground shook, and a pillar of solid stone rose up next to her, higher up than this intruder stood. Since it were rare dragons cared enough to really go anywhere with their magic - provided they were the ones gifted with the potential in the first place - it tended to show them that judging Nerzhei by size alone, were a poor idea.

Nerzhei didn't know about this youngster, so to her, it really just looked like an overgrown wind dragon, and when it came to the elemental aligned dragons, some elements just clashed poorly. Water and fire dragons for one, would actively get into fights if they met, and earth dragons such as herself, tended to despise wind dragons, because they were always so unserious about things, and liked to play pranks. Whereas wind dragons saw down on the earth variants, for being too serious and boring.

Nerzhei already hadn't had a good day, so frankly, this meeting annoyed her. Especially since this were one of the larger ones. She'd venture... At least 800 years old or so? Give or take a century. They tended to grow slowly, and not have the sudden bursts that most earth variants did eventually, so this size would take a while. Normally anyway. Other times, some just bursted up before they hit thirty, or stayed the size of a whelp, despite being thousands of years old.

==============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

20 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Uddo prides himself with his work, and having a workshop right next to his store means he isn’t afraid to show what customers are getting. You mentioning wanting hidden rooms and false bottoms will probably get him feeling weird about what you’ll use those for; next thing you’ll know, you might be asking him to booby trap your house or build secret exits.”

“For you Omen, take care of your box. That will last you a long time if you look after it. Knowing how longma go about making things, what you get is built to last.”

“And, Rosa? Would it be alright if we have that conversation in private? I still have some things to think about, and I’d much prefer if it we didn’t talk about it in the open. Unless you want to ask about Uddo? I can tell you what I know.”

"We can wait, of course. And getting hidden rooms made, is all about how you present things. As I explained to Kiba several times, I wish for them, so that I can keep my valuables safe. That I consider certain tools to be of great, personal value, is a minor detail I'm sure wouldn't matter much to them. I won't ask them to make booby traps or secret doors though. I'd only feel comfortable doing so myself."

By tools, he meant of his trade. So fake papers, forgeries, weapons, various toxins- That sort of thing. It were all a matter of making the longma do this, without suspecting foulness though. So thus far, he had merely planted that he were paranoid about his valuables. He could elaborate further on that to them later, and merely skip over some of what he might consider valuables.

"If you want to speak about Uddo, then please be my guest. He seems like an interesting character. And one with importance to you."

Omen just nodded along to things, including notions that her box would last for a long time. As she had no semblance of time, or mortality all that much, saying something lasted a long time meant little to her. Discord for example, had said his reign would last forever, but it were only a few short years into her being made, that it were gone. Some things did not last long. Other things, she had seen, and could remember from back when Discord rules Equestria. It were strange sometimes.

21 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Well, this looks like a good place to get a feel of the old town, and it’s got a map. Let’s see… a row of restaurants, a park with its own playground, a library…. They even got post office here, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of a bakery. Or I guess we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe we could follow some kind of smell?”

Meow!

The sound of a cat greeted the group before they could further inspect the map. It was close enough to grab their attention, and once the longma found the source, they’d soon find themselves with a really tiny beige cat with stubby legs. Judging by the way it was standing at a distance, it seemed like it wanted the group to follow.

A conveniently placed map? How quaint. He honestly hadn't thought there were any of those up around here, but Rosa weren't complaining. It beat making a map of his own over the area, and would save time when it came to figuring out what might be in Old Town. A fair few more restaurants than he had expected, but he supposed, if there were moving more here, or some tourists started to find interest in the old style, rural area, there could well be business to be had with that.

While he joined the others in looking over the map, Omen tried to do as they said, and smelled the air around them, but she didn't catch anything that smelled like a bakery. And then, they'd get interrupted. In a way that seemed rightfully suspicious, as the cat were clearly sitting and waiting for them, and trying to draw their attention to it.

"Before we follow the suspiciously conveniently appearing cat, I would just like to point out that a classic changeling move, is to lure others away from the crowd, and into ambushes."

They were still gonna follow though, but he just wanted it out there, to keep them alert. And he knew they were going, because Omen were almost over at the cat already, because she simply had no sense of danger, or paranoia. *sigh* This were gonna end up being her demise someday. Assuming she could actually die.

=====================================================================================

@Starforce

On 2021-09-21 at 4:27 AM, Magnolia said:

"Tirek probably deserved all of what you did to him. All he wanted was to cause destruction and devastation, for himself to be adored. There is no admiration in ruling over a pile of ashes because nobody would have been left to admire him if he got what he wanted. As far as I understand it, this world doesn't work without magic. If there is no magic, that means there is no life. At least, not any life that would have a satisfactory living." she spoke with a degree of disgust. Truth be told, there was one that she did admire. Nightmare Moon.

"All I ever wanted was for the world to know the truth about who I am. I imagine it would be pretty big news should everyone find out who I really am. I was not one for fame but there was always that, and the knowledge that I stand before you as a member of a Royal Family technically. I'd be a Duchess, and not only that I would also be related to Cadence. I never thought about that much, but I am thinking of it now. Not only that, I wanted closure for what had been...done against me." she sighs, a little bit of her greed seeping through into her word. It was probably a fairly understandable position to be in. 

"Tirek had much to learn, yet never attempted to. Tartarus is a harsh lesson, that he have forced upon himself in his ignorance. And yes, I believe he have deserved it, as he deserved my hospitality.

I cannot say the same about Nightmare Moon. I were not present at either point when she were a tangible being, but she sounded troubled. I would not call her a good creature, yet I think there were more to her, and some things she were not incorrect in, however she may have gone about showing those things. I'm certain she's happier being the royal she now is, though I doubt you would like it. You seem to enjoy lurking in the shadows, but for royalty, that is hard to achieve, though Duchess Magnolia does have an oddly harmonious ring to it."

On 2021-09-21 at 4:27 AM, Magnolia said:

After passing through the gate she would follow Fright along. When the others around them would bow to Fright, she would also bow to them in turn as a way to show respect. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Looking to the statue. It was most impressive, she had seen many statues in her time however this one was probably the most remarkable of them all. Looking to the pony, she was fascinated by the idea of who he was. Perhaps she could learn from his example. Looking at the tablets she would look to see what they were as she pondered her response to Fright's words.

"Someday I might be like him. I would hope that there are those that seek his example. I do, myself now that I see it. I just wish that Zeehva could stand here beside me. But that will happen in the future some day I bet. She has...her struggles as well and I am doing what I can to help her. It feels...strange to look forward to helping to someone else. But it feels good. I suppose that is just equine nature, or my genuine change of heart." she spoke with a smile. 

"I did mine to not gaze upon her fear, but it is hard not to tell what weighs on her, even before she spoke of it. I have seen enough grieving widows to know of the light that is missing in them, and I feel sorry for her. It is not an easy bone to bear, though I sadly cannot help with her grief. Only the fear, which keeps her clinging on, to what is gone. This I think, is her hurdle to pass. It is as he told me."

She'd point towards one of the tablets, where a sentence were written around the middle, that she highlighted.

"Those who are lost, will forever remain in your heart. Fear not letting them go, for they shall always be with you, wishing for your joy."

"Admittedly, his words - as true as they rang - did not always come off as wise as some others, but his points were clear. We will all go through loss, and for some, as your friend, they fear moving on, because to them, it feels as if they are turning their backs on the one they loved most of all. When she is ready to try and accept that he'd wish her to be happy, and that he will always be part of her, she will be free.  In time, I hope to help her reach this point, but she is not ready to accept that help yet. Neither are you, but know that when time comes, you will both be welcome within my temple."

Fright would bow down, as best as her body allowed it, in front of the statue. Where she'd then recite a silent prayer with closed eyes, for her departed friend.

"It is time for you to return, but if you will listen to an old draconequuis advice, let it be this: Continue your pursuit of her favor, dear child, and let not the question on your lips, rest there forever. Time is finite, and you deserve as much of it with her, as you are able."

Something akin to a smile were seen on Fright's face. As best as her lipless, skin-over-a-skull-looking face allowed.

"I look forward to meeting you again."

Fright would gather her hands, and as she split them apart, a portal would open into a small field in the forest, where Zeehva would stand with her back to them, and work on bringing some water in a small, golden cauldron to a boil. She seemed to hum along as she did so, unaware of what were behind her. And when she'd step through, Magnolia would find the portal would close. If she had more to say, she should do so before going through.

• Brohoof 2

@GingerLightning

"I've dealt with army drones before. The hard hooves of their hives, hitting first, and rarely bothering to ask questions later. I mean no offense to your brother, but I personally can't stand them. And neither can they usually stand me, since they can't just kick or blast me away like most others. Not easy dealing with somepony you can't even see where are.

When I had my own hive, I made sure to be very careful in raising my young, so they'd never end up like warriors. Any of them that had more confrontational tendencies, were taught to use them to just be more willing to go right over to others, and see if they could help them.

I abhor violence, Ginger. I teach all my sons and daughters, that there are better ways, and I live by the same rules. It's hard sometimes, with how we can be treated, but if we're to have a future here, we need to show them that this image of all our kind of changelings, being violent, conniving kidnappers, aren't real. It's all in how we're raised, and my darlings are proof of that.

Bling was a biter when she grew up though. Had to wriggle her off my hooves more times than you might think, hehe. But she's put that energy into other things. Like music, and taking charge in a pinch.

And speaking of which, you don't need to make a concert. We'll set up the instruments, and give you some peace so you can brush the rust off, and then we can have some fun eventually. Just us changelings."

Further she wouldn't get, before the rest of the hive came in, and started off the morning like they usually did: By going into a big group hug with Cheshire. Bling would then nod towards Ginger with a big smile on her face, and the lot of them would then go over and do the same to her.

Meiko were not at first approving, and barked a little, as he thought they were attacking his owner, but he calmed down when Bling went down and started petting him.

Brought a smile to Cheshire's face. If her hive were bigger, and could amass the resources, she knew whom of her daugthers she wanted to elevate to a queen. Bling didn't think it herself, but Cheshire had tested it at times, and seen enough, to know that she had leadership potential. If ancestors forbid, something were to happen to her, she knew Bling would be able to lead them on. And perhaps, when things calmed down, and she could get more changelings hatched, perhaps she'd have her chance to become a queen in her own right.

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Starforce

Hearing how Cali were making a perfect recreation of a boat, Blitz stopped her own actions, and sat on her rear so that she could give a proper applause to the extra-dimensional being. Her little hooves clapping enthusiastically in front of her, at this amazing impression.

"*gasp* That was perfect! What other sounds can you make? Ooooh, can you do a train?"

Nitpivker would clear his throat notably, trying to get aome sort of attention here, and moved forward, towards the odd pair of apparent-human, and odd behaving filly.

"Yes yes, very impressive. But hmm, I must insist that you please mo-"

"Boop!"

The professor had gotten close enough, that Blitz could rush over and boop him right on his snoot. A huge smile on her face as she poked him, and the professor took a surprised step back, whilst wrinkling his nose. He seemed as if he could not believe this had just happened.

Behind him, Cloudwatcher were again having to hold both hooves over her muzzle, to stop herself from laughing out loud. She had known the professor for years, and while she'd never have the gall to do this herself, seeing Blitz  completely ignore his status and usual formal behavior, just so that she could poke his nose, were pretty funny to her. Even more so, as Blitz clearly were just having fun, and didn't care about fancy titles or norms, like those around her did. She were just a foal, being silly.

That she could likely turn this museum into an explosive, strong enough to wipe the entire city from the map, were currently relatively irrelevant.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom 

Magnolia took in Fright's words and smiled at her comment at "Duchess Magnolia". She almost giggled at that, finding the term both amusing and harmonious all the same. She understood what was spoken about Nightmare Moon and felt there wasn't much to add to that statement. With the tablet she would also do her best to keep that in mind. Looking up to Fight's attempt at a smile she would nod to that and her other word.

"I appreciate your time and I appreciate your help. May our paths cross again when both her and I are more ready. Then, shall we complete the challenge as you intend. I will remember what you have said for a lifetime. My words may not do yours much justice, but my actions in the future hopefully will speak more prominently. The question that I have in mind will be asked in due time...naturally." she took a hoof step forward towards the portal.

She gave Fright a parting glance as her shadows formed a sort of hat on her head. With her hoof she would tip the hat to Fright and bow. "Until we meet again. Be well." she said in a humble manner and stepped through the portal before Fright could reply. Perhaps she wanted to leave what she had spoke to Fright to reign within the air - to signify the value of her word. Whatever the case were, she were now on the other side. The shadow on her head would vanish as she stepped through.

After stepping through she would look back and lament upon what just happened silently. After a moment or two she would approach Zeehva. "I got lost, I am sorry if I startled you but I have a lot to tell you about where I was and where I ended up. I met Fright again at the temple and she was able to portal me back here. I hope you are well." Magnolia smiled to Zeehva, eager to see her again.